Windows Support Forum

Need help with attaching power sw, reset sw, and LED lights for my new case with a Dell mobo

Q: Need help with attaching power sw, reset sw, and LED lights for my new case with a Dell mobo

Basically, I bought a new Thermaltake case and the front panel wires (5) are labeled power sw, reset sw, HDD led, power led +, and power led -. On many motherboards the connectors on the mobo are conveniently labeled to make attaching them a breeze. Unfortunately, this is not the case on the mobo that came with my Dell inspiron i purchased last year. It is labeled LEDH1 and has no hints in the Dell manual as to what is what. This is driving me crazy.
The mobo DPN is 088DT1 but I can't find its manual.
Here's a picture of closeups of my mobo connectors, and my case connection cables.
http://imgur.com/a/daEqM
http://imgur.com/bev0FKs

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984695
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need help with attaching power sw, reset sw, and LED lights for my new case with a Dell mobo

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 78.69%

ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard
Intel Quad 2 Core CPU
ATI 4870X2 GPU
8GB RAM (2GB x 4)
750 watt PSU

The computer is 6 years old at this age, I built it myself and have only replaced the HDD once a few years ago.
For the past year, the date and time would reset if the PC wall switch is off. Obviously a weak CMOS battery, but I ignored this.

Yesterday it would not power on. The motherboard lights (power and reset) light up, but even pressing the motherboard power button does nothing.

I have reseated all RAM sticks; no effect. I have replaced the CMOS battery (which was a hassle considering I had to remove the GPU first); no effect.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 78.69%

Hey guys,
I just came back from college and my computer has been packed away in the closet for over 3 months. I plugged everything in today, and upon pressing the power button, the fans spin up and stay on, but the computer doesn't do anything more.
On the back of the computer, a red light that says CLR CMOS is on. The power LED's in the front are not on.

Also, it's an ASrock p67 extreme 4 mobo
Looking inside, their is a code that is displayed on the mobo "A3" and the Power and Reset lights are also lit up

Any help would be appreciated!

Relevancy 76.97%

My machine runs as normal, all the fans are working. My PSU and Video Card is quite new, I upgraded them over a year ago. No problems since today my computer wont boot up.

My moniter is blank, there is no light on the keyboard, so Im assuming it has something to do with the MOBO. But the there is a GREEN LIGHT on in the MOBO

Already tried unplugging the Jumpers, the CMOS battery, RAM, the 4pin and 24pin connectors. Holding the Power button for 30-60 secs(with Power cord off)

I tried everything I could think of.

Any help Folks?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Specs:
MoBo: AsusTEK P5QL/EPU
CPU: Intel? Core?2 Quad Processor Q9400 at 2.66 GHz
GPU: GTX 760 4GB DirectCU II
Memory RAM: 6GB
PSU: Corsair CX750M

A:No LED lights on Power button, PC wont boot.Fans working and MOBO

Have you tried having different Ram setups like only having 4GB?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389529-no-led-lights-power-button-pc-wont-boot-fans-working-mobo.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello,

My laptop wont power on at all.
No charge light.
No light when power is pressed.

Was working fine yesterday.
Have tried battery and charger from identical working laptop to no avail.

Any ideas? I can usually fix laptops etc but if it wont power on at all I'm lost.

A:Dell Latitude E6520 won't power up (no lights at all)

Did you try removing the battery and AC adapter and holding down the power button for 30 seconds. Then re-installing the battery and try booting again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6520-wont-power-up-no-lights-at-all.196334/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello everyone I'm currently working on a friend's Dell Inspiron R- running Windows The LEDs on the front Status Loading Battery WiFi are all off even when battery is installed and AC adapter is plugged in I've checked his AC Adapter with a multimeter and it shows it's giving off the correct amount of power I've also tried a working charger from another computer and it's still not being recognized I did a bit of troubleshooting before taking it apart thinking it would be the laptop's DC Jack so I went and replaced that only to find it - Power Inspiron 17R-5720: Lights No No Dell still is acting up I even tried to take the battery out and plug it in just with the AC Adapter but no luck Now I did get it to power up once with the battery installed for a few seconds with the message quot this battery is temporarily disabled quot as shown in this thread I powered it down but it refuses to power back up again I don't want to say it's a bad motherboard but that's what I'm starting to believe it is Has anyone else experienced this before Thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 17R-5720: No Power - No Lights

Did you try with AC adapter only (battery back removed), I have run into few laptops that would not start with bad battery. ?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/48208-dell-inspiron-17r-5720-no-power-no-lights.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a new Aopen AX63pro motherboard (ATX form factor) being shipped from California and wonder if my old AT power supply and case will work with the new board. If I need a new supply, is 300 watts "better" than 235w or 200w? If I need a new case, any thoughts on what's the best value? Does an ATX power supply fit into some AT cases (if there is such a thing) or is a dedicated ATX case/power supply needed?

Thanks to anyone taking time to offer an opinion.

A:Will old AT power supply and case support new ATX mobo?

you will most likely need a new case and power supply. Some AT boards will take either a AT or ATX power supply but I have not seen an ATX board that will do both. There may be some exceptions but it is a good bet that you will need to buy some new equipment.

------------------
Frenat

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-old-at-power-supply-and-case-support-new-atx-mobo.32337/
Relevancy 73.53%

I've been thinking about upgrading a machine I have sitting around. (It won't be used as my main workhorse but a good secondary device.)

Will a Gigabyte MicroATX mobo fit in a Dell 2400 case?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

A:MicroATX MOBO and Dell 2400 Case

To be honest I doubt it. Dells use all sorts off odd layouts. The one you have looks OK but I am not 100% on it and I don't think that any one will be able to give you a yes or no answer. It is something that is hard to find out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microatx-mobo-and-dell-2400-case.960094/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello,

I have one of the newer model Dell Inspirion laptops. How do I turn off the light that accompanies the power button and the charge light on the front. I'm able to turn off my backlit keyboard, but these two other lights are quite bright and annoying when I'm trying to play movies in a dark room. 

A:Laptop lights (power/charging) - Dell Inspiron

Hi DELLUSER16486,
What is the exact system model?
The power led and the leds on front are also used as diagnostic indicators. If there is any hardware issue on the machine, these leds help isolate the source of the issue. Hence, there is no way to disable the leds from turning on, as they would be connected to a cable soldered to the motherboard.
Download the service manual / specifications for a better understanding of the machine - http://dell.to/1n3X2po - enter the service tag and download it from the Manual section.
Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981838
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi I am building up to building a PC for the first time As a practice run I was planning on doing a mobo CPU upgrade to my current PC I plan to order an Asus P T C i E with an Intel P w FSB What I am wondering is whether my current case and power supply is worth keeping or not It case/power worth / saving? upgrade MOBO is the case that came with my Compaq Persario US model P series It has a watt power supply MOBO upgrade / case/power worth saving? and one rear case fan My main concern was if I do not plan to overclock would this be a sufficient number of fans for this mobo CPU Or is it really just worth it to spend some cash for a new case power supply MOBO upgrade / case/power worth saving? Current Rigg Compaq Persairo MOBO upgrade / case/power worth saving? US OS Wnk GB Intel Mobo modified by Compaq megs of PC PNY Geforce Ti megs PNY gig Harddrive Western Digitall AB DVD-rom OEM CDR OEM Accton Network card EN D Series nbsp

A:MOBO upgrade / case/power worth saving?

I mixed up my mobos on that one. I should have put Intel Motherboard D850EMV2 for the upgrade. The ASUS board would have been if I was looking to overclock but on this particular machine it is not even a consideration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-upgrade-case-power-worth-saving.97401/
Relevancy 72.67%

My son's dell case is history. I am putting parts in new case. The power and front usb connectors have plugs to the mobo that look like some kind of all in one connector. Help Please, thanks Kesler

A:Dell Dimension 8400 case mobo problem

http://www.hardwarezone.com/img/data/articles/2004/1364/usb-connectors.jpg
there is a link to a picture of usb headers, which is where you will want to plug that usb connector into.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimension-8400-case-mobo-problem.65498/
Relevancy 72.24%

Late night I was in bed then I shock Static button... mobo case power fried? remembered that I needed to pay a bill that was due the next day So I jump out of bed and right to my PC I reach for the power Static shock case power button... mobo fried? button with my static charged finger unawares and get a shocking surprise I didnt actually press the button but the PC fired up anyway only to power down seconds later So I ground myself too late and press the power button Nothing no response Next I open the case and press the power button on the mobo no response The power and reset button on the mobo are lit up btw So then I unplug my power cord from the psu wait for the pc to drain completely then plug the cord back in Right when I plug the power cord back in the pc fires up then dies seconds later I ve tried -shorting out the battery -resetting cmos -screwdriver to the case power pin -bench test All with the same result Heres my hardware CASE Thermaltake MK-I Chaser CPU Intel Core i k GHz GPU EVGA GeForce GTX GB MOBO Asus P Z V PRO GEN MEM Corsair Vengeance GB DDR - x SSD Crucial M GB HDD Western Digital Caviar Black TB Windows Home Dont know what to do next I bought everything in February of so everything should be under warranty if qualified Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Static shock case power button... mobo fried?

Sounds like you've fried something important. You could probably try getting an RMA on the board, but they might realize what has happened.

I feel for you bro. I did a similar thing with a motherboard not too long ago.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-shock-case-power-button-mobo-fried.190991/
Relevancy 72.24%

I built a pc a while back and I made the mistake of buying a ****ty case. The computer randomly decides to not start sometimes and I always assume it's a grounding issue. Well, I isolated the problem this time to the power supply. It seems to short when mounted in the case, but if everything is set up outside the case everything works fine.....

Help...I really want to play Borderlands and use AutoCAD.....Don't let me buy an iMac

Thanks,
Trevor

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I posted a question yesterday about how to ID a mobo b c I had disconnected the power reset wires on sister s desktop and did not have mobo manual Never thought to ask how to reconnect the wires amp mobo power/reset to to connect wires HELP! Need totally bypass the mobo ID See picture There HELP! Need to connect power/reset wires to mobo is one wide wire that is made up of wires that are divided into groups of two Wires are labeled starting from the left st group of wires white amp black labeled POWER SW nd group of wires white amp orange labeled RESET SW rd group of wires white amp yellow labeled H D D LED Then a single white wire not labeled The last wire - a single green wire not labeled See picture for pins amp table There are metal pins sticking out of a small black plastic rectangle with holes The top row has pins w the vacant hole being the last one on the right The bottom row has pins Then on the mobo there is a small corresponding table to the left of the pins Right above the table on the left the text reads SW - H D D LED - SUS-LED - RESET - PWR-SW There is also a pic of the power reset buttons on the front of the tower Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-need-to-connect-power-reset-wires-to-mobo.633378/
Relevancy 70.09%

I bought this a couple of years ago from a local computer store. It's been very reliable and I run Ubuntu 16.04 Linux on it. This afternoon I had a power drop of a second or so and since then when trying to boot the issue in the subject happens. I can get to boot as usual by pressing the power supply test button which gives me a green light on the power supply and then pressing the power button will let it boot normally. I don't have any version of Windows installed so it's not possible to run any diagnostic unless there are some Linux based ones.
Thanks for any help

A:Dell Optiplex 780 MiniTower, power light flashes amber diagnostic lights 1 & 3 flash

Blinking Amber power: Initial state of light at power up. Indicates system has power, but the POWER_GOOD signal is not yet active. If the Hard Drive light is off, it is probable that the power supply needs to be replaced. If the Hard Drive light on, it is probable that an onboard regulator or VRM has failed. Look at the diagnostic lights for further information.
1+3:  Memory modules are detected, but a memory configuration or compatibility error has occurred.
You could try resetting BIOS to see if you can clear the error.

Reboot and press F2 to open BIOS setup
Copy down all current BIOS settings
Power off, unplug
Press/hold power button for ~15 sec
Open case and remove motherboard battery
Press/hold power button for ~30 sec
Reseat RAM modules in their slots
Reinstall battery- good time for new CR2032 coin cell, if this one is old
Close case and reboot

If that helps, go back into BIOS setup, and confirm that all settings match what you wrote down. Be sure to save any changes before exiting setup.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996680
Relevancy 65.79%

EDIT I would post to get the posts to get the URL allowingness but I have very very limited time Please remove spaces from links I have a Dell motherboard that has the crumby disadvantage of being a quot Dell Prorpietary quot MOBO I dont know the chipset name but I dont think its gonna matter I do know however that i CANT use a standard ATX power supply b c it will fry both the supply and my MOBO due to the dell proprietary connector I want to buy a new graphics card however I do not have enough power The card requires watts power but my supply only gives watts So what I want to know is can I buy a drive bay power supply and stick in into my computer Here is the link ht tp w ww tigerdirect co m applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId This power supply has specific connectors that go to the motherboard etc but if I use them I will destroy my computer All I want the supply for is for the graphics w/ Drive Supply mobo? Dell Bay Power card I want and thats it nothing more Drive Bay Power Supply w/ Dell mobo? So can I hook JUST the drive bay power supplies PCIE connectors to my video card and have it just power the card Basically this will leave all the other connectors on the drive bay PSU just sitting in the case unconnected Including the big one that would normally go to a MOBO If that doesnt work can I buy this htt ps shop pcpower com power-supply silencer- -dell h tml It fits my model and design of Dell E and I checked various sources and they all said this site is a reputable site Please help nbsp

A:Drive Bay Power Supply w/ Dell mobo?

Unless your Dell is quite old, it will have a standard ATX power supply. The drive bay power supply is a great idea. It just might work perfectly for you. The PCPower supply would work too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-bay-power-supply-w-dell-mobo.116531/
Relevancy 65.79%

Last night I was using hard Won't / 12 up power Dell - after start XPS reset my XPS w in laptop mode on battery and it finally got down to of capacity nbsp At that point it shut off the screen and I moved to my office to connect the AC adapter thinking that it would simply turn the screen on when there was sufficient power nbsp The screen never came back I waited - minutes but the battery was charging nbsp At that point I attempted a hard reset by holding the power button in the on position for - seconds nbsp When I tried to power up nothing happened nbsp No backlit keyboard no screen nothing but the fan nbsp The light never came on in the switch either So I tried another hard reset with the same results nbsp I even tried powering up with the quot D quot key held down for on board diagnostics and got nothing but the fan startup I thought it might be an overheat issue so I let it set for an hour and tried again - nothing but the fan It appears that the laptop doesn t pass Dell XPS 12 - Won't start / power up after hard reset the initial diagnostics and won t even get to the point where the bios starts to load nbsp nbsp I truly thought my laptop was dead and ready for service nbsp I took it into the office the next day so I could call Dell Pro Support Just nbsp for giggles I plugged it in with the AC adapter and tried to turn it on - viola nbsp it started working again I had this problem once before and it started working after - hard resets I was working on a proposal when the laptop went down I tried hard resets over a hour period with no results It baffles me why it would start OK the next morning I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem nbsp I m running the A BIOS the most current and my XPS is configured with GB of memory and GB SSD with an i processor and Intel wireless card Any suggestions on diagnosing this The hard part is when if fails the failure is total - you can t get to the diagnostics When it comes back everything is fine and there are no events in the event log that relate to the failure

A:Dell XPS 12 - Won't start / power up after hard reset

OK - I've narrowed it down to the following:
When the laptop is "asleep" it eventually goes into power down mode. It appears that connecting a power adapter to the laptop at this point will cause it to go into a confused state where, when the power button is pushed,  the laptop fan comes on but no light on the power button or on the keyboard - the screen  stays blank.  The laptop fan runs (it's very quiet - you have to hold the laptop up to your ear to hear it.)
I don't know if the cause is a low battery or if the problem is simply with the state of the CPU at power down.  I just know that when it happens, it if I disconnect the power adapter and hold the power button until the laptop fan shuts off, the hard reset allows it to come back normally.  If you leave the power adapter attached, it will charge the battery but will not allow the laptop to start.
I've repeated this experiment several times with the same result every time. I'm guessing there's a bug in the BIOS that sets an error state that won't clear with the power adapter attached. Doing the hard reset without the adapter appears to clear the problem reliably.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19511750
Relevancy 64.93%

EDIT I think this is my PSU http www redplanettrading com ebay Solved: Drive w/ Supply Bay mobo? Dell Power PSU w w -top- jpg Is this a dell-specific PSU that has the stupid proprietary connectors ---- I Solved: Drive Bay Power Supply w/ Dell mobo? have a Dell motherboard that has the crumby disadvantage of being a quot Dell Prorpietary quot MOBO I dont know the chipset name but I dont think its gonna matter I do know however that i CANT use a standard ATX power supply b c it will Solved: Drive Bay Power Supply w/ Dell mobo? fry both the supply and my MOBO due to the dell proprietary connector I want Solved: Drive Bay Power Supply w/ Dell mobo? to buy a new graphics card however I do not have enough power The card requires watts power but my supply only gives watts So what I want to know is can I buy a drive bay power supply and stick in into my computer Here is the link http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId This power supply has specific connectors that go to the motherboard etc but if I use them I will destroy my computer All I want the supply for is for the graphics card I want and thats it nothing more So can I hook JUST the drive bay power supplies PCIE connectors to my video card and have it just power the card Basically this will leave all the other connectors on the drive bay PSU just sitting in the case unconnected Including the big one that would normally go to a MOBO If that doesnt work can I buy this https shop pcpower com power-supply silencer- -dell html It fits my model and design of Dell E and I checked various sources and they all said this site is a reputable site Please help nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I need to connect power/reset buttons to dell optiplex 620, but I just can't connect them anywhere on motherboard.

I need help as fast as possible

Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-620-connect-power-reset-buttons.212270/
Relevancy 64.93%

I was using Dell Vostro 3800 PC, somehow my cabinet got damaged due to short circuit but the motherboard is running perfectly. I need help identifying HDD LED,Power LED & Reset SW connectors. Thanks in anticipation. 

A:Identifying Dell Vostro 3800 HDD LED,Power LED & Reset SW

GaneshM2109
I was using Dell Vostro 3800 PC, somehow my cabinet got damaged due to short circuit but the motherboard is running perfectly. I need help identifying HDD LED,Power LED & Reset SW connectors. Thanks in anticipation. 
GaneshM2109
The Vostro 3800 Slim-Tower Owner's manual is Here:
   http://cdn.cnetcontent.com/02/a6/02a65b30-50ae-4085-adad-4ef6f884183b.pdf
If you are referring to the pin-outs of the HDD LED,Power LED & Reset SW connectors, unfortunately these have never been published by Dell.
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19986656
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
I'm struggling to attach the soundbar to the computer. There are two cables in the box. On the picture it shows the short cable attached to the soundbar that slots into the monitor. Is the extension cable supposed to attach to the short extension cable attached to the soundbar or is that supposed to go in a separate slot. On the diagram in the instructions it looks like both cables need to be plugged in.
This might seem like a stupid question but it isn't clear in the instructions.
Thanks,

A:Attaching Dell USB Soundbar (AC511) to a Dell U2515H monitor

Hi totleygirl,
Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.
You will have to connect the USB Extension Cable to the computer USB port and the other end to the soundbar cable.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19642242
Relevancy 63.64%

Putting together a build for a friend however I believe the motherboard may have been damaged or was fans off Build, no New mobo, beeps fan psu cpu not Mobo light, case powers green damaged upon my taking part New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps in the build I assembled the parts a w thermaltake psu an asus mobo e intel processor western digital hard drive New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps gigs of GSkill ati hd gpu and an LG dvd drive Posted gave an error message about cpu fan error I google it it seemed to be relatively harmless While in the bios the computer s signal disappeared I attempted a reboot to no avail No error codes cpu fan stopped spinning Removed memory no error code removed no error code case fan connected to the motherboard spins when powered on motherboard shows green light no signal detected I tested the processor in another rig and it worked fine and the cpu fan spun fine Tested another power supply with said motherboard and the motherboard fan would not spin and it would not post and no error codes Is my motherboard dead Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps

check and recheck the connections on the board, if unsuccessful, make sure you haven t short-circuited the mobo, ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-mobo-green-light-psu-powers-case-fans-off-mobo-not-cpu-fan-no-beeps.132515/
Relevancy 63.64%

Emachine with XP Home - was running fine, but in the middle of copying a file got an error "Windows has encountered an error and will shut down."

The machine then refused to boot.

When I plug in the power cable, the PS boots without use of the power switch. No POST, no display, no error beeps. Power seems to be getting to the mobo and hard drive (LED activity), but nothing more.

What on earth could cause this? Where should I start troubleshooting?

Any help would be handsomely rewarded! :giddy:

A:Attaching power cord starts power without switch?

u unplugged the power and still nothing ? u could try clearing the cmos , if u cannot locate the jumper unplug the Power cord , open the side case up and then locate a watch battery remove it count to 30 and then replace the battery and then rehook power and see if it works that way .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/attaching-power-cord-starts-power-without-switch.41055/
Relevancy 63.21%

my friend had a set of case lights on the front of his computer and im trying to fix them for him.
he said they were working just fine, then he was messin around inside the case and added a dvdrom drive and snipped the connector off that went to the wires going to the lights....lol, and tried splicing it to a different power source. i checked the cable and its transfering power through the splcie and all, but the lights wont turn on. any ideas? maybe when he spliced it, it messed with the polarity of the cable or something?
got some pictures here of the lights, ones a close up of the end of one of the tubes; both ends of the tube are the same; and the other picture is of the hole tube....just need to know the light and i might beable to fix this myself.

Relevancy 63.21%

Its a minor thing but an irritating one. There is a panel on the bottom of the case that the lights connect to, I don't know which cord plugs up where to make them come on. I figure I paid for the extra bells and whistles, may as well get them. I actually got the case for 40 on ebay when I got it I saw why. It did clean up really well though. Alienware said there was a fee for them to tell me where the thing plugs into which I thought was a bit ridiculous and I thought I'd ask on here. Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated. There are three cords that extend from the front of the case, the yellow audio cord, a black cord labeled USB and a blue one labeled 1394. If necessary I can post pics of them all. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop nbsp Recently new Dell monitor laptop Attaching a Dell to an older I bought a Dell Ultrasharp monitor U M to attach to my laptop to have an ergonomic home office Attaching a new Dell monitor to an older Dell laptop nbsp My knowledge of computers hardware is pretty rudimentary nbsp quot x Nice adjustable stand x DVI-D port x display port x VGA port x USB upstream port x USB downstream ports I use my computer for writing documents internet surfing and rarely for watching tv nbsp Eventually I will buy a lighter and newer laptop but probably not for a year or two I think I bought Attaching a new Dell monitor to an older Dell laptop the wrong monitor nbsp I was hoping to buy something to use now that will last and that will work with any future laptop I buy My monitor just arrived nbsp I Attaching a new Dell monitor to an older Dell laptop connected it to my laptop with the VGA cable my laptop doesn t have DPI or HDMI input nbsp It worked but the picture didn t look very good nbsp It is my understanding that VGA connections are the worst quality nbsp Can I use an adapter to connect to the VGA cable to access the DVI-D port on the monitor nbsp Or is this the best I can get nbsp I m not even sure what video cards are or whether I need one of these nbsp I also looked up the specs on my old laptop and it says the specs of my laptop screen are nbsp x nbsp pixel So is this the limit of what an attached monitor can be nbsp Any input appreciated nbsp Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19983359
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Cooler Master Centurion 5 CAC-T05 case (http://www.techfuels.com/attachment...er-master-centurion-5-cac-t05-case-system.jpg) and I've never managed to get the lights on the front working properly. There is a hard drive light and a power on light, and I'm just not sure where they are supposed to be plugged in on the mobo. The mobo is an Asus M2NPV-VM.

Thanks.

A:Lights on Cooler Master Case

See page 1-38 (Page 50 in Acrobat Reader)

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM2/M2NPV-VM/e2806_m2npv-vm.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lights-on-cooler-master-case.960305/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey I just changed my mobo over to a gaming case. On the old case Power LED, power switch etc. were all labeled and serperate.... Now there are some really nifty lights on the front of this new case but I cant seem to get them to work the plugs I have
are usb 1 (four prong) usb 2 (four prong) two one prong GND, a power Sw. and reset sw.

my mobo is Emachines t5082. I would also like to know what these plugs are called, haha

Relevancy 62.35%

I wanted to upgrade my RAM so I get to plug in 1 GB of RAM and I guess I didn't set it up good and there was little smell like something is burnt. After fast shut down I removed the RAM I add and than tried to start up the computer, but only I got is fan spinning and no LED lights working on the case. No bios sound etc. Is it some condensator on the MB burnt.. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/led-lights-on-the-computer-case-dont-work.1062557/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have question my buddy is computer the light on the case was green and now its orange it was like that for long time now its red the computer is working fine.

Now is this because of power problem we had power outs and surges ..I don't know where is papper work is so can't look it up and is place is a mess and I don't what to spend all week going in is house trying to find it will I don't know will to start looking ..

Well I'm sure electronic guys know..
Also one of is other computer keep getting memory tests during the POST what wrong there..
I will talk to him see If I can get more info

Relevancy 61.06%

This issue cropped up last night I shut down normally but the case fans psu fan mobo light and case power indicator light stayed on Monitor keyboard mouse etc all turn off properly Pressing the power button in this state causes the hard disk to spin up then the machine seems to POST stay indefinitely fans/lights after case shutdown on and boot normally The only way for me to get all internal devices to turn off properly is switching off or unplugging the PSU This issue has never occurred before I have not changed any windows or bios settings I let it sit undisturbed all night to make sure this isn t a feature that s trying to cool the system but it seems that these internal components are staying on indefinitely after shutdown I ve never encountered this situation before so I have no idea what s going on Does anyone know what I can try Is this a sure sign that my mobo or PSU needs to be replaced Thank you for your time XP sp year old gigabyte mobo GA-EP -UD P Core Duo E Ghz watt corsair modular PSU nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

i have a thermaltake tsunami case, and for some reason the lights that are on the door keep flickering and sometimes staying off until i restart my computer. my specs are below in green. in the case i have 2 120mm fans, 1 80mm fan and the heastink fan. one of the fans has led lights on them. for a psu i have a 550W antec trupower 2.0. everything else runs fine so i dont think it could be a psu problem. anyone know what the problem is?

Relevancy 60.63%

Morning all,

My mobo - ASRock M3A770DE-,has a permenant orange light and a flashing intermittant yellow light on the mobo LAN adapter, My question is what do these colours actually mean, and also shouldn't they be green if the LAN card is working properly. Sorry for the noobie question.

Thanks in advance

A:Mobo lan adapter lights - what do they mean?

Hopefully this will answer your question:

For future reference, information like this can be obtained in the products manual. Link to download here. M3A770DE.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/169061-mobo-lan-adapter-lights-what-do-they-mean.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,
I picked up this Alienware 5700 off ebay to hopefully refurbish for my son but I'm new at this and still learning and so this thing has me baffled. The laptop is in pristine condition but shows no signs of life. When I plug in the power supply the green light on the power supply goes from solid green to blinking rapidly to the point you can barely see it. To me that would mean a short somewhere right ? If so where ? Has anyone else ever had experience with something like this ? I just don't want to go buying a new battery for a laptop that maybe fried already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:No power, no lights but green light on power supply blinks rapidly

Remove the laptops battery and try the AC power only. If the green light does the same, it still could only be a bad AC adapter, or at worst, a shorted laptop motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-no-lights-but-green-light-on-power-supply-blinks-rapidly.174252/
Relevancy 60.63%

Is there a way to mod a case with LEDs and lights to like follow along with the music? I think that would be cool, I know you would need to program or install software, but is there some LEDs and lights someone could recommend or give a guide that tells what to do and stuff.

A:Modding a case with LEDs and lights to respond to audio output

a good place to start would be to search for a perticular kit which is capable of doing that or get hold of a kit which has software able to turn the lights on and off at a button press. Most likely outcome is you or someone else will have to write a program to control them in such a way.

It would be fairly cool to

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modding-a-case-with-leds-and-lights-to-respond-to-audio-output.143322/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a fan that I would like to add to my computer but it only has the DC power connection wires (red + black) instead of the plugs to connect it to the power supply dongles. Is there anyway I can connect this to my computer? Thanks in advance!

A:attaching a DC power fan to a computer ps

Is it a 5v or 12v fan?

Black and Yellow are - and + 12v on a standard molex 4 wire plug, Black and Red are - and + 5v. The wires should be Yellow Black Black Red.
Just bare back the wires and connect, then tape the connection up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attaching-a-dc-power-fan-to-a-computer-ps.451501/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an Acer laptop a friend wanted me to look at When I first got the power? Monitor after attaching goes laptop I saw the issue he was having basically was that the screen wasn t coming on but you could hear everything was still booting He did tell me that it was all triggered when he attached his power cable I didnt get around to looking at the device again for some days later And when I did I decided to test the laptop by hooking up an external monitor Once it was hooked up the laptop was booting it just seemed like the monitor was broken So once I booted in I went into control panel and made sure the monitor was setup properly After that did a couple restarts to ensure the laptop screen itself could work on its own and it did Monitor goes after attaching power? start working Today I hooked up the laptop attached the power and it shut off I cannot power it off by holding in the power button either I must actually remove the battery now Monitor goes after attaching power? And my external monitor doesn t show any POST when I power on the laptop This makes me feel like it got much worse Does anyone know if it sounds like the power supply shocked the laptop Or any other ideas right now im kind of stumped I hardly fix laptops so im not sure if im forgetting something nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-after-attaching-power.939491/
Relevancy 59.34%

Greetings After apparently one of my motherboards decided to stop working I decided to upgrade my computer and finally learn how to build one myself A bit of backstory on this Since I have warranty on the old motherboard they took it in order to test it but they have not managed to test it yet Basically over the course of the week before it died I kept having more and more hangs and missed POSTs and eventually it stopped POSTing every time Either way once we opened it up we comp lights up. will start. LED Mobo Upgraded not found one of the little fans probably the southbridge cooler I m not sure stopped working Upgraded comp will not start. Mobo LED lights up. The keyboard also was not receiving power but the motherboard LED would power on OTT the motherboard was an A N-SLI Now I bought a e X gigs of mhz patriot ram and a P KPL-CM motherboard I specifically wanted a microATX board since I probably Upgraded comp will not start. Mobo LED lights up. will buy a LANbox later on Now this is the first time I m putting something together but I ve done a LOT of reading up on this subject and used the utmost care when putting it together While I was putting it together I realized that one of the screwholes on the motherboard did not have a corresponding spacer hole under it I decided to leave it without a screw thinking it is unimportant The LG cooler was kind of hard to push in though I was worried I might crack the board pressing it down Now once everything was put together I plugged it in pressed the power button and heard a small chirp Oh dear After thinking I shorted something and panicking a lot I double-checked everything to make sure I did not cause any horrible damage to the motherboard because of some gross mistake I ve made I couldn t find anything done wrong but noticed the following things - Two of the top cooler pins are inserted but seemingly not all the way Like I said I was worried about pushing down hard upon them hearing the motherboard creak like that The CPU did have preapplied paste on it - The power led plug from my chassis is three pins wide but my mobo only has two pins one next to another I decided this is not critical and never plugged it in - The power led on the motherboard lights up when the PSU gets power but like I said fans do not spin up no activity when I even try to short the power pins with a screwdriver - No visible damage burns cracks etc Now I have realized that the PSU might be the problem since my last motherboard exhibited similar symptoms but the reason why I came here is that I am worried that I might have caused damage to the motherboard or CPU somehow Is a slight cooler misalignment enough to cause the motherboard to not start up at all Or any of the above things What I am thinking right now is that one of the rails coming from the PSU is dead powering up the internal LED but not giving enough power to start it up I just want other people s opinions on this since I m really worried I might ve blown up about worth of upgrades Thanks in advance guys nbsp

A:Upgraded comp will not start. Mobo LED lights up.

IF the cpu heatsink is not properly attached boot failure is likely (actually, it is the Intel CPU thermal protection shutdown action that is happening).

You Asus manual shows the precise holes to use for the stand-offs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-comp-will-not-start-mobo-led-lights-up.114344/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a new board biostar ta785g3 hd and i have everything connected but whenever i turn on the computer led d2 led1 ph3 d2 ph1 d1 light up first 4 then 3 then 2 and the board shuts down. Everything is brand new i just bought it.
my specs are:
My PSU is raidmax atx 630W
4gb 2 dimm Adata 1600g ram
biostar ta785g3 hd mobo
AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB
LG 10X Blu-ray Burner

A:Biostar ta785g3 hd mobo starts for 3-5 secs lights led's flash and turns off

Did you use motherboard standoffs? Your system must be overclocked to use that RAM effectively. Is its voltage set too low? Perhaps the PSU is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/biostar-ta785g3-hd-mobo-starts-for-3-5-secs-lights-leds-flash-and-turns-off.145585/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all.as the title says, whenever i connect my samsung 1TB portable Hard drive on a Dell xps 15inch laptop running windows 8 pro, it completely freezes the whole system. i can move the mouse but i cant click anything or go to task manager using ctrl alt delThese are the things i have tried:tried different cablestried different usb portsRemoved usb driversChecked event logs(the laptop crashes when i launch the event logs)Ran CCleaner cleaning registryAll the above did not work. i even tried to roll back to a previous restore point and that did not work either.I tested the hard drive on my brother in law's laptop and it worked fine. it is a acer laptop running fresh copy of windows 7.Is this a windows 7 error? do i have a virus maybe?(i am going to do a full system scan soon)What other things can i try?Thanks in advance

A:Windows 8 Dell xps laptop crashes when attaching a hard dr

Did it ever work on your Windows 8 laptop? If not, see if there is a BIOS update available for your laptop. That sometimes fixes odd problems like this. If you can use your brother in laws computer again, run a hard drive test on the external drive. I use the Hitachi drive fitness test, but there are other apps available, some could be made by whatever company makes your external drive. Do a search online for the "Ultimate Boot disk for Windows." You can use this to boot up your system and test different components of your system. All it is is a minimal version of Windows XP and boots from a CD or USB drive. See if you can test the external drive with it. It would also be interesting to see if the system locks up while booted under it. You may also want to vist the webpage of the company that makes the drive. They have a firmware update to help resolve issues with new operating systems.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21284-windows-8-dell-xps-laptop-crashes-when-attaching-hard-dr.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Came home walked in and noticed my PC was off monitor was on speakers on modem everything on as if the power had blinked out for a sec and my system had shutdown No Supply, lights no to Power power I pressed the power button on the front and got nothing i checked the power supply s own power on off switch on the back and got nothing no light that its on or anything thought maybe it was the cable so i plugged it into my other pc and the No power to Power Supply, no lights cable No power to Power Supply, no lights works so i m thinking maybe the psu went bad or took a hit Im guessing i just need to replace it How difficult is it to replace it by yourself i ve never done that before and do you think that its the psu at fault I m thinking that if there is not power on light then something is wrong big with it my heat temps stay down between C and C at the highest Also can i replace it with just any other w power supply or does it need to be a specific kind company i bought it from online listed it as dual core certified w psu no mention of v rail or anything else i guess i can get that from them if they have it on file nbsp

A:No power to Power Supply, no lights

Well sounds like your power supply took a power surge. Well to start with i would try a power supply. Now about replacing the power supply cheap is not the best way to go, learned from experience. Here is my recommendation: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005
And for replacing a PSU not hard. If you need help removing it Post back i will walk you through step by step if need be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-to-power-supply-no-lights.106985/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to put another hard drive in this dell opitplex 260x of mine. It is becoming nothing but a pain in the rear cause the case uses them stupid green sliders and the case is too small. Could I use another computer case like remove all the parts and transfer them over to the other case.

say a case like this
http://www.atxcases.com/products/productdetails.asp?main_catid=1&catid=6&prodid=352

A:use another case instead of the dell optiplex case

thats a nice case but if ur willing to blow that kind of money i would get this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144089 its a full tower so lots of room or this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021 this one has some of the best airflow and fan capabilities i would buy this one if u have the money
or if ur low on cash get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811208021 which is really beautiful and cheap (recomend if u dont got cash lol)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-another-case-instead-of-the-dell-optiplex-case.583346/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite 1695...600mh...64mg ram...6g hd. The computer has no power lights at all. I put on a new power supply and battery to no avail. There are no lights whatsoever. No noise...no nothing. Should I shoot it now? Thanks in advance.

A:No Power Lights

Hi Howard598, welcome to TSG.

I would say it's time for the repair shop unless you want to attempt to take it apart and check things. I'm assuming it's out of warranty?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-power-lights.73448/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a compaq presario v2000 xp home 2g ram . One day I moved it from one room to the next and before it shut down i noticed the fan wasnt running. Now when i try and power it up the power light is amber(compaq says it suppose to be) I get an ambe charge light and the disk drive light flashes two times green. No other sounds or movements. After a while the charge light goes out also then nothing.

I dont even know where to start to check.

A:Some Lights no power

Not sure what you can do with this other than have a repairer look at it. If the fan had stopped it has most probably cooked the CPU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-lights-no-power.1021318/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys, hows everyone, hm dumb question but i have to know, recently bought a new mobo+cpu combo PC CHIPS M-811LU V3.1C ATX Motherboard/CPU Set - Retail, from newegg, since my emach fried out. Not sure whats wrong with it.
Works nice to far. Rigged up without case.
Building pc from spare parts i have laying. But problem being is, that i have no cases that fit. Doesnt fit in emachine t1400(athlon1600 sdram) case ether. Anyway im on a tight on money. It says standard atx form factor .What kind of case would this use, it says atx and yet my emachines case would not fit it says atx. Mobo measures 305mm x 190mm. Wanted to buy another of the same mobo soon. Nice deal they have i think.
Was looking at newegg for cases, mainly the cheap ones they had from 25-60$
Would anyone of those work that they have.

A:New mobo case help?

as long as you have a regular atx mobo, any normal atx case would hold the mobo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-mobo-case-help.363739/
Relevancy 55.47%

A friend of mine bought a new case for his comp.
His mobo is an AT his ps is now an ATX he bought the adapter,
but he still can't get the beast to fire up.
Can anyone offer any help
Thanks ,
Rage

A:New case old mobo

You are going to have to be more specific as we will try to find a solution for you. This could be anything.. from a failing processor to an improperly inserted cable... so it is really hard to pinpoint the issue from the information posted.

It doesn't boot up.. to what extent? (Do the fans spin? Is there power, led lights, hard drive spin etc.)

One suggestion is to double check everything... and make sure everything is properly mounted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-case-old-mobo.130456/
Relevancy 55.47%

WHich Mobo should i buy..

Albatron nForce2 Ultra 400 Motherboard for AMD Processors, Model KX18D PRO Retail

GIGABYTE nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "GA-7N400-L" -RETAIL

ABIT nForce2 SPP Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "NF7" -RETAIL

and which case...

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-144-042&depa=1&section=3

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-144-029&depa=1&section=3
I orignally posted this in reviews...but got into hardware so updated here.

Relevancy 55.47%

Can someone find a case and motherboard for this processor, that will work together. The budget for the case and mobo is like 100-150$. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116253 is the processor.

A:Case & Mobo

Are you going to be re-using anything that should be taken into account? ie. what kind of video card (agp or pcie), memory, psu...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-mobo.56989/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Dell Optiplex GX150 and does anyone know if this PC case can fit a differant mobo inside cause iv'e heard that I may need to change the casing if i wanted a new mobo?

A:PC case + Mobo

Even if it did fit, which it probable won't, you would need a new power supply because not Dell powersupplies are not always standard ATX and are usually unpowered. Also it appears this case offers no expandability due to its extreme small size which is also terrible for cooling.

A new case with powersupply can be bought starting at arounf $50 and up that have a decent powersupply and are fully ATX standard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-case-mobo.157892/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi, i asked about what i need for a new build and while looking round i found this
http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=19239&category_id=251&manufacturer_id=0&tid=mb-n780i-ish9
i was told in my other thread to make sure it fits in to a ATX or BTX case, but this is XFX what can i put it in, iv seen some realy cool looking cases, but they dont look like they have room for cooling,so i want a standard tower, something that i can add lights to, with a window.
thanks in advance

Relevancy 55.47%

My old Soyo mobo has 4 fan connectors for cpu & case fans. My present case has five 92mm fans through out the case. What problems could arise if I install my present setup in a new case that has four 12cm fans with regards to current requirements for the new larger fans? My PSU is an Enermax 465 W unit. Any comments or suggestions?

A:Old Mobo, new case

I wouldn't expect any problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-mobo-new-case.108319/
Relevancy 55.47%

hey guys, with christmas comin up im lookin to treat myself with a new pc case but before i do i want to make sure my current hardware will fit. the case im looking at is the Thermaltake V9 seen here: http://www.thermaltake.com/product_info.aspx?PARENT_CID=C_00001176&id=C_00001196&name=V9+Black+Edition. My Mobo can be seen here: http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/content.php?S_ID=380. i am also picking up a new gfx card today, which is the 9500GT.

Cheers

EDIT: i asked my brother and he said i should be able to use any MIDI case but as he lives several hours away and wasn't able to get online to see for himself, i wanted to check here first

A:Will my Mobo Fit This Case?

Yes it will fit. Good luck to you. Please let us know how it goes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-mobo-fit-this-case.138446/
Relevancy 55.04%

My nx6110 won't power on. We realized that it needed a new ac adaptor and purchased one but tried to plug a different ac adaptor into it before the new power cord shipped. stupid, i know. So now it won't even power up. The voltage on the cord we tried was lower so we didn't think it would mess up the computer. But apparently it did. It powered on and seemed to be working fine so I left it plugged in but when i came back later the computer was off and it wouldn't power up. Do i need a new power supply? and if so, where in the computer is it?

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a latitude E7250. It was working fine earlier today, but I put it to sleep, and it had not recovered.
When I plug it in, the power button and the caps lock stay lit. Nothing else happens. The computer doesn't boot.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:No power, strange lights

Hi mooseo,
Thank you for reaching to Dell Community Forum.
Please try to run the on-board diagnostics <F12> and capture any error codes or message you receive.
http://dell.to/2drLyPQ
We would also suggest you to drain the residual power from the laptop:
* Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer.
* Remove the adapter and then the battery.
* Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
* After draining the residual power, try reseating the memory and see if the system is able to boot.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993785
Relevancy 55.04%

My T450s won't power on anymore. The laptop's LED is not lighting up when pressing the power button or when plugged into a power adapter. A few things I've tried:Unplugged with battery. Hold power button for 30 seconds. Then press power button. NothingUnplugged without battery. Hold button for 30 seconds. Then reattached battery and press power button. NothingUsed a battery from working T450s. Repeat step 1-2. NothingWhile plugged to a power adapter (used two different adapters). Repeat step 1-3. Nothing.Used a paperclip to push the emergency reset button under the laptop for thirty seconds. Then did steps 1-4. Nothing. Not really sure what to do next. It's a little over a year old and this died on me already.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450s-won-t-power-on-No-lights/td-p/3451372
Relevancy 55.04%

Please be advised on power up i get an error message stateing that the monitor is on test mode and that the monitor is working fine. The system is not letting me into the hard drive. Prior to this i was getting a beeping sound from the system. I changed the memory stick and the beeping stopped. Any suggestion would be appreciated. thankyou very much

Relevancy 55.04%

I have the 3 blinking light and no boot up issue on my HP G60. The power drain procedure did nothing. Could this be just a defunct battery or power supply issue?

A:HP G60 no power up with 3 blinking lights

Hi,          Since the light blinks 3 times its related to memory issue, you can have a check from the below link http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-G60-no-power-up-with-3-blinking-lights/td-p/3023911
Relevancy 55.04%

Need help, my netbook do nothing. No lights and sound.
My question, the accu is bad. Is it possible the accu is blame for it.
Or is it the motherboard. Last one I turn it normaly off, no problems.

Thanks for answer!

A:NB250-10R - no power no lights

You can try to remove battery pack and try to start it with AC power supply only. If this will not work maybe is there some problem with power supply electronic placed on the mainboard.

When you connect AC power supply is AC IN indicator on?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70579-NB250-10R-no-power-no-lights
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Compaq F500, and when I turn it on, the power button, power indicator, and Wi-Fi indicator all light up, but the screen does nothing, and after about 30 seconds, it restarts, and it's as if it is just failing to start. If there is a way to just wipe the hard drive without having to boot up the computer, that would be a great help. Also, I don't really know that much about hardware, so elaboration of anything an inexperienced person wouldn't know would be helpful, too.

A:Power on, lights up, screen does nothing.

It sounds initially like a bad Motherboard, But that's only a guess as many other things could be causing this. First, I would want to know if you had any Viruses lately, or if the unit was dropped recently. Sometimes viruses can wipe the Boot Sector of the Hard drive, while this is rare it's worth considering. Does the screen appear to be illuminated at all? If it illuminates without booting, the screen is probably not bad and this is what I expect from what you're describing.

You'll want to approach the issue as an over system problem at the motherboard level, possibly at the hard drive level. The main thing is, you want to see the familiar boot screen before moving forward.

It's possible too that your laptop has a bios reset Jumper on the motherboard, yes that's inside the case of the laptop. Don't try to fix it yourself unless you're comfortable trying this. And, if you do, make sure to properly ground yourself.

If it were me, I'd try disconnecting the hard drive and attempt to boot from a CD. If you still get no screen activity it could be the Motherboard or screen. Motherboard would
be likely bad if this method proves that the system continues to reboot. Keep in mind that Bad ram may cause the unit to reboot also. If it's bad Ram then you might just have to replace that for a low cost without having to pay for service.

Check out these things and report back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181505/power-on-lights-up-screen-does-nothing/
Relevancy 55.04%

Power-on button lights for 5 seconds, no whirring sound, then goes off. Happened out of the blue on AC and fully charged battery. Laptop is under warranty, never mishandled. Pls assist.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571353/power-on-button-lights-then-goes-off/
Relevancy 55.04%

I bought a gaming PC, and I am wondering if my graphics cards and the computer itself are pulling to many watts, Will the lighting inside the box put a demand on the power supply??? I am debating about taking them out, I don't even have the lights on anyways I find them a waste they came with the computer I bought

A:Will lights draw too much power?

Josh86 said:

I bought a gaming PC, and I am wondering if my graphics cards and the computer itself are pulling to many watts, Will the lighting inside the box put a demand on the power supply??? I am debating about taking them out, I don't even have the lights on anyways I find them a waste they came with the computer I boughtClick to expand...

Josh*^ - the lights could not possibly be pulling more that 10 watts, at an extreme. Probably they are actually pulling a level that you could not notice before-and-after if you used an actual measurement, such as with the Kill-A-Watt.

Same for fans, and most anything else you plug in or on except video cards.

Everyone: you will spend all kinds of money to have powerful components, and a suitable power supply - so go ahead and get an ACTUAL power draw measurement -

The kill-a-watt is simple to use and read, very simple. it costs $20 or $25.

You can use it on anything you plug into a 120 volt outlet. Vacuum cleaner, hair curler, radio, anything. It tells you exactly how much power is being used. Exactly.

For over a decade, these power calculators have been estimating power needs, and they have been over-estimating by 100% the entire time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-lights-draw-too-much-power.207856/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I power on my Toshiba equium a200-151, the screen lights up but no display at all - even though there is loading activity. I rigged up to my PC monitor and everything is fine - see bios and windows loading etc. Borrowed a spare compatible working screen but same problem. I'm not 100% sure if its the inverter or the ribbon connector - any ideas before I buy a new inverter? Thanks for looking.

A:Lcd lights at power on but no display

I would say that the video cable (ribbon cable) is bad based on what you have tried so far. This cable goes from the motherboard to the LCD display. Did you use the old inverter off the suspect Toshiba when you tried the compatible spare LCD panel?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-lights-at-power-on-but-no-display.203111/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi.my computer chair bang my pc,now no power,no lights,no fan sound.nothing.i jumped the switch to check,but nothin.
will it be my power suply and should i take my power suply out of another pc to check it or is it something eles do you think.thankyou

A:Solved: please help no power no lights on etc

mains power suply gone.had a spare and checked it.thanks guys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-no-power-no-lights-on-etc.613793/
Relevancy 55.04%

I went to power my pc up and all I got was the main power light stays green and 1,2,3 stay green, Nothing on the monitor its blank, no beeping when I turned it on but if you hit the keyboard it sets off a beep.

Any help would be greatley needed

Dennis

A:dell xps 400 123 lights stay lit

You can get some sense of what is wrong by interpreting the BIOS beeps. I could find no hits for "1 long, 3 short, 1 long beep", but there were several for "1 long, 3 short beeps".

What brand is your BIOS ? Different manufacturers have different codes. AMIBIOS and Phoenix I think are the only two...

EDIT ***

If your BIOS is Phoenix, and if the "1 long, 3 short, 1 long" code could be reinterpreted as "1 - 3 -1" (see link below), then your BIOS is pointing to a "RAM refresh verification failure" (whatever that is)...

http://www.computing.net/answers/win...t-/146399.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-xps-400-123-lights-stay-lit-501228.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I reset all of my ram slots, video card and sound cards tonight. I also removed my processor heat sink fan and cleaned it b/c it was full of dust. When I put it all back together my computer turned on fine. I went into bios to check some things and when I saved and exited bios my monitor went black and my processor fan went full blast and the lights 3 and 4 on the front of my tower light up. Now every time I try to start my computer it keeps just doing that. Fan full blast and 3 and 4 lit up. I can't figure out whats wrong.

If anyone can help me with this, you will have my eternal gratitude and love.

Thanks

A:Dell XPS 720 Diagnostic Lights and Fan

I believe those were btx type mb. They are very prone to failure and one of the indications of failure is the fan running at full speed.

What was the original problem that caused you to reseat ram, video card, etc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-xps-720-diagnostic-lights-and-fan.1063362/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, Can anyone help with this please. I recently bought a studio 1735 laptop, It has soft touch media keys that light when you push them, problem is, I cant see them. They are in a black panel and are hard to see in daylight, no chance at night. Is there any way to switch the lights on all the time.
Thanks for any help

A:Dell studio lights help

Please freely "chat" with Dell here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html
I really don't know this one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-lights-help.116581/
Relevancy 55.04%

The lights on my blinking (copy, fax, scan) keeps blinking non-stop. I unstall the software changed the USB code unplugged and plugged in again and then reinstall the software, the PC does not recognize it anymore. What happened, I dont know. I updated the drives etc... still no luck. It is less than 2 years old and was working alright. I have not used this printer for very long to just trash it. So I am seeking help.

Thanks
Nimimi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-aio-962-blinking-lights.757832/
Relevancy 54.61%

hi i need some real help i changed a case for my mate to an older but BETTER CONDITION case did have a P mobo etc init I changed everything over including psu etc as his system is a AMD ATHLON XP Im just not sure whats happenin as when you have to add the tiny little cables to the motherboard such as the power button led s reset buttons etc dnt kno what ther called something like front panel cables or sumink Anyway im not sure where each of these go so i was hoping that if i told you what cables i have then link u too the mobos manual online you may be able to give me a hand ok the and Complicated!!! case new Help with mobo!!! cables i have Help with new case and mobo!!! Complicated!!! are HDD LED hole POWER SW hole POWER LED hole RESET SW hole SPEAKER hole but i know where this goes i tried the power button one in most of the sockets and one of them allowed the system to start up for about half a second The fans moved for about half a second once i pressed the button ok and the manual on the net is here M ALU V http www pcchips com tw PCCWeb Downloads ProductsDetail Download aspx DetailID amp DetailName Manual amp DetailDesc M ALU V amp MenuID amp LanID Please i need help asap what could it be Mokaboy nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-new-case-and-mobo-complicated.52437/
Relevancy 54.61%

My buddy got a new mobo new case and new RAM We pulled the rest of the stuff out of his old case and put it all together but we can t get it to turn on He said that if he unplugs the power cord plugs it back in and then hits the power button it runs for like a second before it shuts down again After that hitting the power button again has no effect unless u unplug plug the power cord again We did have a problem removing the processor from the old mobo a couple of the prongs got bent but I straightened them and it felt like everything slid into place when I gently installed the processor in the new mobo There could also be a problem w the RAM the reason why he bought a new mobo was mobo on won't and case New turn becuz he put DDR RAM in the old mobo and the mobo and the DDR RAM got fried His old DDR RAM was also installed at the time We installed both the new DDR RAM not DDR and the old RAM in the new mobo before we st tried to turn it on Since then he has experimented w different combos of RAM using only stick etc but to no effect But I don t think either the processor or the RAM is the problem becuz it doesn t seem to run long enough to even get to them nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

My current computer is a PCV-RS613G, with a P4SD-VL mother board, as I am upgrading my gfx card I find myself needing a new psu thus a new case for the psu to fit into, this is the case I am buying http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811121037

How do I go about taking the mobo out of my old vaio and putting it into my new case? (I am aware that mobo sucks but my budget is only 160 bucks)

Relevancy 54.61%

Im lookin into building a computer and Ive picked out all the parts, but I just have a simple question. The case Ive chosen, Aspire (Turbo Case), I noticed that there are two USB ports and one Firewire port in the front middle of the case. On the Mobo, Intel Motherboard, I noticed that there are two front USB ports and one front Firewire port located near the top of the motherboard. Wouldn't this mean that the slots in the front of the case wont line up with the ports on the board? If so, is there a way to fix this? Thanks for any help.

A:Case and Mobo Compatibility

Normally the usb and firwire on the front of the case are just sockets that connect to the mobo via cables already inside the case.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-and-mobo-compatibility.17139/
Relevancy 54.61%

Have been looking around for a new case and I have come across new Computer jargon which is "Motherboard form factors", quick question will a microATX (244mm x 193mm) mobo work with an ATX Mid Tower Computer Case? Or do I have to upgrade my mobo as well? Thanks!

A:microATX mobo with ATX Case, possible?

Depends on the case. Many will accept both.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/249592-microatx-mobo-atx-case-possible.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Building a new computer Okay everything came and I am almost ready to start building the computer I was told if I needed any help that you guys would be able to help me So here goes Like I said before I m not afraid of anything but the power supply cords There is awire from the mobo wires and Case from part of the case that looks something like thisIt s a striped wire with pronges at the end of it that plugs in somewhere Each one has something written on it Power Led the largest HDD Led Reset Led power SW It des not say in the mobo book where these go but I m pretty sure that I need to plug them in somewhere In case you need it this might help lol This is where you can find the mobo I know it s not a great one Case wires and mobo but for a year old I thought it might work If not I can always gett another one It was very inexpensive not that money is not object but I figured if I screwed it up I would out less than http www kobian com products php productid Thanks Jac nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I picked up a Dell XPS gb GTX gb with a TB HDD nbsp Long story to get me into a Dell which I will skip nbsp a into XPS8900 new mobo case Anyway I moved the mobo to a new case with a Corsair w psu nbsp hdd gb PNY SSD GTX gb Swiftech fan block Win Pro nbsp I get a white screen error message stating quot imminent power switch failure quot nbsp Hit continue and it boots up fine nbsp I have found the power switch pins on the f-panel block pins in from the right - vertically hdd led top two right pins and I have jumper pins amp as with the original socket don t know what these do nbsp Case is a Diablotek V and does not have a power led since I think the front fan leds act as the power light nbsp Reset button is not used nbsp So how do I get rid of the error message on power up nbsp Anyone have a pin out for f-panel nbsp Is there a set of speaker XPS8900 mobo into a new case pins there nbsp Thanks

A:XPS8900 mobo into a new case

There's not going to be a way to disable or suppress that error short of reconnecting the original switch block.  You really have two options:
Put the board back in the Dell case, and use it that way -- or, complete the "home build" and replace the mainboard with an aftermarket unit and standard wiring.  That will also require a new heatsink-fan assembly and it will also require buying a retail license for Windows 10 (the OEM one won't work with a non-Dell system).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987612
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently built a computer for someone and now when you push the power button it makes a zap noise and the acts likes its going to start then instantly shuts off leading me to the grounding problem now this is a re-occuring problem mind you this happened before and I put some silk rings around the bottoms of the gromet standoffs that the mobo rests on.

recently the problem came back as it works sometimes randomly and other times it grounds out. Does anyone happen to know of any similar instances and what they did to fix it? oh and the case is a Antec 900 and the mobo is a MSI P35 PLatinum LGA 775 and also YES I am aware that it shuts on/off on/off a few times and no this is nothing pertaining to that its the crappy BIOS MSI runs on this board that does that this is completely different from that.

thanks

A:Case grounding out my mobo

To start with, are you sure you put the stand-offs in the right mobo holes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-grounding-out-my-mobo.109193/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have tried installing motherboards into compaq cases only to find that th LEDs and switches are standard. I just got a Free HP case and wanted to put my MiniATX mobo in it. Im not sure exactly what sixe the case is, but i think its a midtower. Has anyone dont this before or have a link to who has dont it?
thanks

Relevancy 54.61%

I have re-fitted the mobo twice on the case, and when I try to put in the ethernet card on the PCI slot, it won't fit right so that I can screw it down. I don't know what is wrong, I have tried it a few times. I might go to the place where I got the case and see what they can do.

Relevancy 54.61%

hi,
i am trying to build my own computer. The problem i have came across is with the motherboard and the case that i would like to buy. They are both ATX and fit fine. But i noticed that the holes in the back of the case would not allow me to put the motherboard in. e.g "the motherboard has built in 7.1 sound so has 6 holes but the case will only support three holes. i have tried looking for diffrent cases that would suport this motherboard but i really like the case and the mother board.

i also asked if you can change the metal sheets at the back but apparantly not so now i need help. any suggestions................

A:Can`t fit mobo in case, because of backplate.

if you would like to know the specific case and motherboard here are two links sorry that the motherboard picture is so small.

CASE = http://image.ebuyer.com/UK/R0101679-05.jpg

MOTHERBOARD = http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=97308

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-t-fit-mobo-in-case-because-of-backplate.48267/
Relevancy 54.61%

Will just any micro ATX mobo fit in any regular ATX case?

A:Micro mobo in a ATX case...

Yep...

Best of Luck!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/micro-mobo-in-a-atx-case.57393/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am swapping out this computer The new case has arrived and I have started to take out the mobo from the The problem the mobo won t come out I ve taken out all the screws I found one under the clamp that holds the heat sink and fan on the cpu I remove that but it still won t come out The bottom and the right side of the board is free but something is holding the board near the cpu toward the top of the board and where the I O stuff is in the back of the case I tried to see if I could slide the board away from the opening where the I O is but removing help Mobo Need from case something is holding it I can t get to the back of the board because compaq in their infinite wisdom rivet the left side case panel to the frame and case It s all one part You can t take that off There has to be some way to remove the board If the mobo fail how would they replace it I m dead in the water right now Need help removing Mobo from case I haven Need help removing Mobo from case t a clue what is holding it down still Does anyone know how to take this compaq mobo out HELP nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I have an A13G v3.0 motherboard that need a home. I am looking to buy a computer case that this mother board will fit in. My issue is alignment of the back panel does not align correctly with the panel on this board. Can anyone here point me to a case that will work for this mobo?

Thanks,
Airesz

Relevancy 54.61%

I know that most people use those gold/brass looking standoffs, but I like the plastic ones better because I can easily take the mobo off if needed. Is it safe to use these, or am I safer with the brass looking ones?

A:Mobo/Case Standoffs

I like the metal standoffs, however I see no harm in using the plastic ones. Just make sure the board is secure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-case-standoffs.247561/
Relevancy 54.61%

hi,
this might sound like a stupid question, but i went to pc world in york today, and bought a jantech MATX case, i will "probably" be aquiring a pentium 4 3.2 GHz processor with what i think will be with a ATX case, and i wondered if an ATX mobo was compatable with a MATX case??? i will be unlikely able to return to my nearest pc world store for some time though

any helpful posts appriciated!

A:ATX mobo in MATZ case??????

No, an atx board will not (normally) fit in a matx case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atx-mobo-in-matz-case.94016/
Relevancy 54.61%

I just started building my computer, and it seems all the I/O inputs on my motherboard don't fit the template on the back of my case!

The motherboard is an Abit NF7-S, and the case is an Antec Lanboy. This is my first time building a computer, and I didn't anticipate anything like this

Should I just try to rip out the template on the back of the case?

Relevancy 54.61%

im a beginner at computers so sorry if i make a mistake i know how to spell but cfant type for i already have a gpu and antec earthwatts ea psu and a hard drive with windows xp on it now i need a case mobo new cpu and ddr ram is there anything else that i need to finish a computer i need a cheap case cpu ddr3 ram and and mobo case and i decided on this one http www newegg mobo cpu and case and ddr3 ram com Product Product mobo cpu and case and ddr3 ram aspx Item N E for the case i dont care how it looks as long as it is not costly and provides alot of room for expansion do you guys think that the case is worth getting now i just need to decide on a mobo cpu and ram for the mobo i decided to go with this http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E it is cheap has great reviews and is am with ddr support will prefer ddr but not much mobo uses it anymore and provides lots of pci and pcie slots to put a and in the future if needed i can crossfire those now i just need to decide on a cpu and ram i decided to go amd since they have good prices but i dont know which quad core to get remember im aiming for best price performance on the expansion details it says that it has a x pcie slot or x dual slots wat does this mean i know that pcie x board will work in any pcie slot but if i want to cross fire will my second card only run at x ram its effing cheap lower cas latency than others and the mobo supports it unless a higher memory clock would be better but i dont think that memory clock makes a huge noticeable difference http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E and the ram im deciding to put in gb or x gb sticks for the dual channel or should i just get x gig sticks if i want to upgrade ram later on or if the ram clock isnt good slow should i get cheap a lil higher cas latency but more clock speed and if i get x of these i can channel http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E thanks for the help nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

One More Quick Question. Are Theee 2 Compatible?

Mobo:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?detailid=558&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Specification&MenuID=7&LanID=9

Case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119129

Thanks A Bunch!

A:Is This Mobo/Case Compatible?

Yes they're compatible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-mobo-case-compatible.96882/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
Brand new joining here tonight, but have enjoyed reading through entries in the past.
What a great place
I am just trying to get friends PC working. History of it just not starting.
CPU Fan does start up, with attempt to start CD player, and red lights on.
Tried another CPU, this at least got me into safe mode before turning itself off.
SO think I need a new CPU. However, have noticed some bulging on mobo connectors, so feel it is safer to replace mobo too.
Has anyone got any advice as to what to replace with (only uses PC for photos/ word docs etc, no gaming). Hopeing to keep original casing with power supply & modem etc (unless mobo comes with onboard modem) to keep costs down to minimum.
Present mobo is MS-6334, with intel P3 750 CPU
Any help would really be appreciated.
Many thanks
Andi

A:Can I buy a new mobo & CPU to go with old case & extras?

What you need is a socket 370 MoBo. I dont know what form factor you need you will have to do some research if you don,t know. It is a older MoBo, so you should be able to get a pretty decent one for around $50.
Check out TigerDirect.com or ebay, Geeks.com has pretty good prices too but I have never ordered from them

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-buy-a-new-mobo-cpu-to-go-with-old-case-extras.34549/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
I have a toshiba notebook satellite and I am trying to burn a DVD and/or CD to a external DVDRW drive.
Everytime I try I get the following alert:
Power on, reset or bus device reset occurred
I have an WIN XP SP2 Professional, and using Roxio and/or Nero for burning.

A:Power on, reset or bus device reset occurred

does it happen with both burning programs??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-on-reset-or-bus-device-reset-occurred.455037/
Relevancy 54.61%

I know how to enable disable UBS ports but I want to know if I Can set specific power limits for my USB ports using Windows pro How can I test my motherboard to see if maybe that might be the problem Everything was working fine Then I started using a new USB device called Track IR I don't know if it's a coincidence or the culprit but I now get a quot power surge quot warning for all my USB ports when the device is unplugged USB is not (power to How power USB warnings) 2.0 control USB case surge all connected active My headphones disconnect most of the time My keyboard started disconnecting more How to control all USB case power (power surge warnings) USB 2.0 frequently and my mouse is usually the last to disconnect If I plug Track IR in as well as my other peripherals keyboard mouse headphones steering wheel everything works fine If I unplug Track IR I'll start getting power surge warnings and my headphones keyboard lastly my mouse will disconnect in that order randomly It's also caused a cyclic quot left click quot issue with my mouse - I believe Over a span of - seconds the left click button will go from standard to ultra sensitive to standard click speed again I can double click on a file and open it and afew seconds later it seems it only takes click to unintentionally open that folder and then whatever file or folder my mouse cursor happened to be on inside that folder I slowed down and sped up the mouse click function in windows devices but the issue still persists I have checked the wiring Nothing exposed or touching I have turned off USB charging capability I have tried each port individually front and back USB ports to see if I have How to control all USB case power (power surge warnings) USB 2.0 any dead ports none I have tried them in combinations to see if there is some kind of short between ports What do I do now

A:How to control all USB case power (power surge warnings) USB 2.0

Hi 7of9, welcome to the Forum.

Have a look at this MS website & see if any suggestions there work for you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...a-c0e724e83e04

What happens if you leave the IR5 connected & shut down the computer, disconnect the IR5, restart the computer. Does your mouse etc. then work properly. If so it might be worth looking at getting a separately powered USB hub & using that for the IR5.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398522-how-control-all-usb-case-power-power-surge-warnings-usb-2-0-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I went to use my laptop and it wouldn't turn on, the only thing that was running was the fan and it was much louder than usual. When I returned to the laptop a few hours later, the fan was finally off and the computer was unresponsive, no lights or sounds at all. I tried the hard reset and that didn't work. I tried numerous outlets and still no power. What else can I possibly do?

A:Black screen, no lights, no power

Hello @Khelm2701, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the notebook not starting, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that the fan was running very loud, and now the notebook is not responding at all. First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-no-lights-no-power/td-p/5605448
Relevancy 54.61%

I ve just been handed a gateway up MX6124 Gateway won't power lights - no mx that Gateway MX6124 won't power up - no lights quot works fine just needs a charger quot You ve heard that one before right I m getting the v output at the correct polarity on the charger via meter but do not get any indicator lights on the unit when I plug it in I also get no response from the power button no surprise since no lights which I presume means no power to the boards All that to ask is the power supply connection easy to access I ve done it before on a Dell but it was a task is it replaceable or serviceable Maybe the better would be is it a separate power board or is it wired to big mama like the dell Still repairable but a little tricky to solder on the main is this machine even worth the time effort the specs look like it may be adequate for light browsing email access and like that but first hand knowledge would be appreciated Thanks for any reply you may have for me JTW nbsp

A:Gateway MX6124 won't power up - no lights

Hi this was all I could find http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Q106/Blade/8511418.pdf hope it is of some help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-mx6124-wont-power-up-no-lights.904060/