Windows Support Forum

Apps closing automatically

Q: Apps closing automatically

It started a few days ago. Whenever i try to open Camera, Store etc. they close automatically. However i can open apps that i have installed from Store and Settings.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54986-apps-closing-automatically.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Apps closing automatically

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 56.33%

hi expert,when im playing audio or video files suddenley those are closing and sounds like"blurr burr" and it shoes that restart is requied and the pc is restarting.also using store,other apps and  games it will suddenly closing those apps without any warning or information.this shoud be horrible.im usuing HP ab219tx model with widows 10 os.please slove my problem or otherwise tell me how to conact customer for on-site warrenty

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/suddenly-closing-apps/td-p/5685285
Relevancy 56.33%

I realize this is an old post Metro apps closing but it is a current issue for Metro apps closing me I'm writing on my Mac OSX which I haven't had issues with for years nothing major like this anyway We bought our kids Toshiba laptops for Christmas for homeschooling and they both have Windows It's only January and I've had several issues with them The latest is the same as described in the last post quot I have an administrator account and another account It is just a home Metro apps closing desktop My admin account has the issue of any Metro app minimizing after - seconds but the other account is able to access them quot My son's account can access the apps and play Minecraft I was able to access the apps on the Admin account until I installed Uniblue Registry Booster and ran it However I did the same to my daughters computer and it is working fine So I don't think Metro apps closing it is RB I have tried System Restore at different restore points and those didn't work Same problem I tried System Refresh That also didn't work Same problem I'm at a loss of what to do except get my back and save up for a MacBook But any help here would be VERY much appreciated BTW I've been through some computer classes but not anywhere near the level most of you are at I'll let you know if your responses are over my head though Thanks Oh I should also mention that when I go into the app menu most of the tile apps have an X in the bottom right corner When I go to the full menu almost all of them have the word quot error quot after the name including Settings I had to get into Settings another way

A:Metro apps closing

Mate, you mentioned Registry Booster! You've located the problem. As far as I can tell, 95% of people on this forum recommend never using any registry 'booster' (apart from ccleaner), and the number one reason is because it makes a system unstable, and the second is like it: it doesn't actually provide any tangible benefit.

I recommend a system Refresh or a system reset, and failing that, a complete reinstallation.

No defragmenter, reg editor, optimizer, etc. should ever be installed. Upgraded Windows OS's also have SAFE upgraded built-in tools to do the same things as the other guys' stuff (like optimize drives). See Optimize Performance for better speeds.

These are my recommendations, hope they are helpful to you! I really think the only fix for you would be in the tutorials I've suggested (System refresh, and how to optimize performance). Good luck in your quest for the solution!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59845-metro-apps-closing.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I don't know if this is intended or not but my Metro apps will only completely close if I use alt f from within the app to close it If I pull the app down from the top with my mouse or Metro closing apps f4 only alt with I go to the switcher right click and click close the only thing that happens is that my Metro apps get removed from the app switcher Metro apps only closing with alt f4 and from the alt tab list Using the task manager I can see that they are still there and still using the same memory that they were before I tried to close them With alt f they disappear from the task manager and I get back the Metro apps only closing with alt f4 memory that they were using Additionally when I close them with pulling down or the switcher when I open them again from the start screen it is as if nothing had happened They still open into whatever state they were in and the splash screen with the app icon doesn't appear again like it would if the app had actually closed and been reopened This definitely seems wrong as all three options to close apps worked in Windows but in Windows only alt f works Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Metro apps only closing with alt f4

Hello The Visitor,

It has changed a bit on how to close an app from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. In Windows 8.1, you will now need to wait until the app flips to show it's tile when you drag it down to close it.

Here are some more ways to close apps in Windows 8.1.

Apps - Close in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/34581-metro-apps-only-closing-alt-f4.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I use the system apps Mail, Calendar, and Groove Music. Since I first starting using Windows 10 many months ago, these apps keep closing without any indication of why. They close when during active sessions and on awakening they're usually closed. Groove Music will close at times while I'm listening to music. Why is this happening? I kept thinking that system updates would eventually resolve the issue, but they haven't, despite many updates.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/70164-windows-10-apps-keep-closing.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Days ago my IE Browser on Windows XP Professional SP has started automatically closing itself with some links Googled for the problem and found a site with some things to try - the problem IS FIXED if I turn off quot Enable rd Party Browser Extensions quot from Tools gt Internet Options gt Advanced gt Browsing Apparently if this move fixes my problem then Itself Started Automatically IE6 Has Closing I may have Scumware So I have run the latest Adaware SE with the latest IE6 Has Started Automatically Closing Itself definition file - all OK other than some cookies Spybot latest DAT found two more cookies ran Trend Micro Housecall online - all clear and my McAfee Virus Scan comes back all clear too Had a look here http mvps org winhelp unwanted htm and ended up downloading Hijackthis I have manually gone through all my running processes ctrl alt del looking for anything new strange I browse in here fairly often and searched any exe's on Google - all came back as Microsoft official services or nVidia etc etc known about stuff So if anyone could help that would be great Thanks Kia Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Stardock Object Desktop ThemeManager wbload exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Avsynmgr exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsStat exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Vshwin exe C Program Files Common Files Network Associates McShield Mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL zapro exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Avconsol exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files FlashGet JetCar exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA WinZip winzip exe C DOCUME AMD LOCALS Temp HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www wanadoo co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Wanadoo O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO WebCGMHlprObj Class - B F - E - d -A - AD BA F - C WINDOWS cgmopenbho dll O - BHO Google Desktop Search Capture - c ce - e - fc - - c - C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIE dll O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL zapro exe O - HKLM Run PtiuPbmd Rundll exe ptipbm dll SetWriteBack O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program F... Read more

A:IE6 Has Started Automatically Closing Itself

Decided to have a go myself after reading the Hijackthis FAQ/Instructions and I have deleted :

O2 - BHO: WebCGMHlprObj Class - {56B38F40-4E70-11d4-A076-0080AD86BA2F} - C:\WINDOWS\cgmopenbho.dll

O16 - DPF: {14A3221B-1678-1982-A355-7263B1281987} - ms-its:mhtml:file://C:\foo.mht!http://82.179.166.130/e9xr2.chm::/file.exe

O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2...ll/xscan53.cab

It seems to have fixed the problem, is it OK what I have done ? Or is there anything else there ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ie6-has-started-automatically-closing-itself-47396.html
Relevancy 56.33%

seems like a virus. Has anyone seen this before. I open hijack this and its okay for a little while like 5 seconds and closes automatically. I think I have a crazy infested virus comp, time for a fresh reboot.

A:Hijack this closing automatically

Have you tried running the program in Safe Mode?

Also scan for any viruses. You can use the link below for a free scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijack-this-closing-automatically.237177/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi All
I have winxp based dell laptop.Recently i found that except IE all browsers like netscape,mozilla,avant and opera closing automatically within 1 minute of opening.No trojan,spyware,adware and malawares in my system.
Can somebody help me to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance
Shirlery

A:Browser closing automatically

please try firefox .... I still suspect viruses or sypwares...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/browser-closing-automatically-130049.html
Relevancy 56.33%

When I close certain programs(games, etc...), the process manager shows an .exe process still running from that program, taking up system resources and causing other programs to lag or stop responding unless I manually close the process. Is there a way to fix this so that the process will close when the program does?
I am running windows 7 on a toshiba satellite laptop that is still new.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/processes-not-closing-automatically-452050.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a job that opens excel and does some processing. However it leaves excel open. Is there a remote .bat instruction that would close excel

A:Closing excel automatically

Do you have code in the Excel file now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-excel-automatically.137664/
Relevancy 56.33%

things are closing automatically on me i opened a file in paint and it immediately closed also something was causing me not to be able to type in firefox here is my hjs logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC automatically closing things WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files things closing automatically Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC OpenSA Apache bin Apache exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC OpenSA Apache bin Apache exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS vVX exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exeC WINDOWS system LVComsX exeC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXEC WINDOWS system calc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Documents and Settings jam Local Settings Application Data Google Google Talk Plugin googletalkplugin exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO IeCatch Class - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class... Read more

A:things closing automatically

Hello fscguy, My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your malware issues. Sorry for the delayin replying, we are very busy at the moment.Please note because we are very busy, if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If youhave since resolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.Scan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check all of the boxes. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exenetsvcsmsconfigdrivers32CREATERESTOREPOINTPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: MBAM log RKUnHooker report OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343992/things-closing-automatically/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello, I have recently re-imaged my laptop after it was experiencing a few lag issues but I believe it is more along the lines of RAM (besides the point). I have installed Norton 360 and this was about my third re-imaging of this particular laptop (2 years old). Whenever I open a full screen program after a certain time (30-90 minutes) the program automatically closes without any error dialogs. Nothing happens before or after this anomoli and I would appreciate if someone could give me their two-cents. I DO have a partitioned drive expanded off of my C: drive.

What I think:
I don't believe it to be malware because I just re-imaged.
It could deal with memory like a memory leak of sorts but I'm not sure if that makes sense.
RAM: 1500MB
Processor: 1.73 GHz 1.73 GHz Intel Celeron M

A:Automatically Closing Programs

hello

you asked for two cent's worth, I would start by uninstalling norton (as a test) and be sure to use the proper removal tool!

next: if you reimage a drive with an infected image, couldn't you still be infected?

If you have the recovery discs, I think theres a memory test under startup repair...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

alright thats my 2 cents worth!!

good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285436/automatically-closing-programs/
Relevancy 56.33%

Since Mid Feb ZoneAlarm Norton AntiVirus CE closing Applications automatically regedit drwtsn all close on their own after Applications automatically closing - seconds of being started Applications automatically closing and sitting on the desktop I have scanned my system for trojans using an on-line scan adAware uninstalled Norton tried AVG It disappeared also Renamed the Norton program VPC exe to xyz exe It then ran successfully and found no problems Here is my HiJack Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS WIN CONFIG EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPZTSB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO BROWSER YBRWICON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS DCFSSVC EXE C WINDOWS RunDLL exe C PROGRAM FILES SBC CONNECTION MANAGER CMANAGER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES BROADJUMP CORRECTCONNECT ENGINE CCD EXE C PROGRAM FILES BROADJUMP CLIENT FOUNDATION CFD EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http aimhome netscape com aimhome adp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http search yahoo com search p s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www websearch com ie aspx tb id tb id R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS win config exe F - win ini load C WINDOWS win config exe F - win ini run C WINDOWS win config exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMMON YCOMP DLL O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMMON YCOMP DLL O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS SYSTEM hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run YBrowser C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe O - HKLM Run Dcfssvc C WINDOWS System Drivers dcfssvc exe O - HKLM Run Services Controller C WINDOWS win config exe O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA NORTON vptray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottime O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - HKLM RunServices StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE O - HKLM RunServices Services Controller C WINDOWS win config exe O - HKLM RunServices rtvscn C PROGRA NORTON rtvscn exe O - HKLM RunServices defwatch C PROGRA NORTON defwatch exe O - HKCU Run Taskbar Display Controls Run... Read more

Relevancy 56.33%

My aim has been acting a bit strange for the past 2 weeks. As soon as it finished logging in, it would close automatically. And after i uninstall and re-install it, it would be working again. But now, even after i re-install, it's now starting to do the exact same thing. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Relevancy 55.9%

I Apps randomly on own Windows their closing 8 just picked up a new windows laptop and so far I really like the Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly new os However I have been noticing something really odd and quite annoying Apps seem to be closing on their own randomly I'll have Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly an app open finance music games that I downloaded from the store and it'll be working fine but then all of a sudden the app would just close and take me back to the metro start screen I have been trying to look around but I can't seem to find a solution I contacted Microsoft tech support and they remote controlled into my laptop and did some stuff and said the issue should be fixed However it's still there I'll be reading the financials in the stock app and then boom It'll just close on it's own without any sort of error message and take me to the start screen This is getting quite annoying because everytime it happens I have to essentially go back in and start over Anyone else experiencing this issue and know of a solution

A:Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly

Hello there!

The only app I really have issues with is Music Info, great app, but buggy as a bug. It crashes kind of more often than I'd like.

As for other apps, like the Bing apps, I don't have issues with. Sometimes the News app doesn't launch, but that's sometimes.

Odd, and you're using a new PC with Windows 8 preinstalled?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14863-windows-8-apps-closing-their-own-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I don't know how it's possible but it happened Must be WITHOUT Apps??? NO Vista Reboots WAY! Closing some new feature they never advertised but should The other day Vista Ultimate was nagging me to reboot after installing some updates I kept putting it off but finally it wouldn't let me put it off for as long In any event I walked away to get some lunch and when I got back my PC had been rebooted I logged back in NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? and things looked like it was starting up normally But then I see down my taskbar that I have three programs still open I'm like WTF How is this possible They were Outlook an Unsent Saved Draft of an NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? email and another Email which was just open My web browser windows and multiple tabs were all gone though OR WERE THEY I opened IE to begin getting my desktop back in order and get my email tabs all opened up when suddenly I saw that IE had all my tabs in it as soon as it loaded I could not believe this What's REALLY weird and I think is confirmation that something had happened was that I now had tabs in one IE instance whereas before I had two instances of IE cascaded horizontally on my quot widescreen displays each with tabs - one set was for email and one was for forums I frequent But now IE loaded up and I had all of these COMBINED into a single IE instance which btw I'm trying to figure out how to move tabs from one IE instance to another but there doesn't seem to be a way In any event I can not believe it still thus I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has encountered this If you don't believe me even I will try this again go and install some updates not like SP but some basic updates then wait to let it reboot and see what happens Regards Kevin

A:NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps???

Windows Vista 64 ultimate has done this to me as well. It's kinda of a feature than a problem. It opened up the last programs that were running before the shutdown. But I never had windows update reboot without me telling it to. That's a new one.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/136911-no-way-vista-reboots-without-closing-apps.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just picked up a new windows laptop and so far I really like the 8 closing their on Apps Windows randomly own new os However I have been noticing something really odd and quite annoying Apps seem to be closing on their own randomly I'll have an app open finance music games that I downloaded from the store and it'll be working fine but then all of a sudden the app Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly would just close and take me back to the metro start screen Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly I have been trying to look around but I can't seem to find a solution I contacted Microsoft tech support and they remote controlled into my laptop and did some stuff and said the issue should be fixed However it's still there I'll be reading the financials in the stock app and then boom It'll just close on it's own without any sort of error message and take me to the start screen This is getting quite annoying because everytime it happens I have to essentially go back in and start over Anyone else experiencing this issue and know of a solution

A:Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly

Hello there!

The only app I really have issues with is Music Info, great app, but buggy as a bug. It crashes kind of more often than I'd like.

As for other apps, like the Bing apps, I don't have issues with. Sometimes the News app doesn't launch, but that's sometimes.

Odd, and you're using a new PC with Windows 8 preinstalled?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14863-windows-8-apps-closing-their-own-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Dear Sir,
There is a particular Application in my PC,when i open that application it closes all the ruing application on that time and prevent opening new app while it is in use.it allows to open only task manager nothing else....please help me on the same...its an urgent...because i want to record screen of that particular software while it is ruing by using recording software for my personal use....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-stop-an-app-from-closing-all-runing-apps-on-pc.1169534/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

I work on my pc until late at night so have several programs open plus firefox with numerous tabs. I go to bed, the pc goes to sleep, but when i come down in the morning all my programs have closed. All I see is my desktop. No error messages (as pps have mentioned). The pc come out of sleep but its like its restarted itself at some point in the night.

Its rather annoying as I will have all the programs set up ready to start work again in the morning and wont have bookmarked all the browser tabs but everything has disappeared.

It doesnt happen every night.

Thanks.

A:All apps closing down overnight when pc is in sleep.

Do you have Hibernation enabled?

you may want to check the following setting in Power Options. Navigate to Power Options in Control Panel and click your power plan (usually Balanced or Power Saver). Click the Advanced power options link and look for this setting:

If the setting for On Battery is similar to mine here, change it to 0 (never). That should correct it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235112-all-apps-closing-down-overnight-when-pc-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have had some growing problems over the last few weeks I think it could have something to do with something called smgr exeanyway here is my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Automatically Programs Pop-ups, Closing Problems; exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exec Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Problems; Pop-ups, Programs Closing Automatically Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exeC Program Files Windows Problems; Pop-ups, Programs Closing Automatically Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS System hphmon exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC FRAPS FRAPS EXEC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Logitech Problems; Pop-ups, Programs Closing Automatically Profiler lwemon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC WINDOWS smgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http au yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllR - URLSearchHook no name - BDD E C - B - EF - F - D A DE - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Gadgetbar Toolbar - ad d - c- db-b a- e bed d - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNCO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeO - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP B B-DCAB- - EE - F hphupd exeO - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run ccApp quot c Program File... Read more

A:Problems; Pop-ups, Programs Closing Automatically

Hello,I see you are running Teatimer.I suggest you to disable it because it can interfere with the changes you'll make on your system.When everything is done and your log is clean again, you can enable it again.If teatimer gives you a warning afterwards that some changes were made, allow this instead of blocking it.How to disable TeaTimer during HijackThis CleanupThen, Download ResetTeaTimer.bat.Double click ResetTeaTimer.bat to remove all entries set by TeaTimer.Please uninstall Microsoft AntiSpyware, because this is a real outdated version. It is Windows Defender now...Then, * Download Combofix to your desktop.Doubleclick combofix.exeFollow the prompts.Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.When finished and after reboot (in case it asks to reboot), it should open a log, combofix.txt. Post this log in your next reply together with a new hijackthislog.Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt - unless I ask you to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96166/problems;-pop-ups-programs-closing-automatically/
Relevancy 55.9%

At my workplace we run Outlook on our workstations for our e-mail client All of our desktops have their pst files stored on a fileserver but the laptops have them stored locally so that they can check their e-mails while at home I have been given the task to get these things backed up regularly The problem is that most of them need Outlook open the entire time they are in the office and are in and out at irregular times I tried setting an auto-close and copy script at around lunch time with many complaints Right now I have pfbackup installed and it asks closing Automatically it without PST file in-use backup to be backed up every week but I don't trust all of them to actually click backup During my search I've come across a few programs Automatically backup in-use PST file without closing it that claim to be able to backup a pst file while it is open and or do incremental backups to reduce the time it takes some of these files are HUGE I tested one and it corrupted the pst file Does anyone have any recommendations

A:Automatically backup in-use PST file without closing it

As far as I know, an open or "in use" file cannot be copied (obviously that includes backing it up as well). Utilities which claim to be able to do it are false claims as you've discovered.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/automatically-backup-inuse-pst-file-without-closing-it/20046.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm fairly new to computers so i will try and explain this as best i can I have a windows operating system I am a media student which mean i currently spend a lot of time working on video projects and my own short films I are Files Video automatically closing! have Video Files are automatically closing! uploaded videos from my IPhone straight to my computer in the past and it has worked absolutely fine However a few days ago i uploaded - video files to my computer via normal USB from my phone to the computer But when i go and open the folder the files are in the folder or 'File Explorer' as its called just automatically closes down My entire task-bar at the bottom of my screen disappears for a second and when it comes back only the folder icon is gone I can't do anything with it as i cant get far enough to click on it half the time and when i do it doesn't play anyway on windows media player it automatically closes on VLC media player it just doesn't even start Can anybody help me ASAP

A:Video Files are automatically closing!

Can you try to reupload one or two videos and save to a different location such as your Desktop to see if the problem repeats in both locations? If it does or doesn't it may help in troubleshooting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/video-files-are-automatically-closing-933138.html
Relevancy 55.9%

-When I open Windows Media player it says
"An internal application error has occured"
-When I open programs like SYSTEM RESTORE, or AVAST VIRUS SCANNER it says
"System restore application/avast has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

When I open my videogames/steam it auto closes also..

It seems like a virus or something is stopping my computer programs from opening. I did a malwarebytes scan and it didnt detect anything. I cant do an avast scan or system restore cause it wont allow.. What should I do from here :( that can fix this without erasing my hard drive or reformatting? Thanks so much! I didnt know there were forums like this! Hopefully it will help!

A:Programs Automatically closing. in error

hi

Reregister Jscript.dll and Vbscript.dll

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then click OK.
3. Click OK.
4. Click Start, and then click Run.
5. In the Open box, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll, and then click OK.
6. Click OK.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-automatically-closing-in-error-474169.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all,
I observed in my friend's laptop (Dell INSPIRON) that when i open command promt (start-->run-->cmd) and type some commands like ping,ipconfig., etc., automatically the command prompt is closing in 20-30sec.
I open in "start-->all programs-->command prompt" but also its automatically closing. not even shown in task manager "process" also.
I tried "start-->run-->cmd /k " also but no use again its disappearing.
I trick by open CMD using a shortcut icon "right click on empty space-->new-->shortcut-->C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" but still its disappearing after 20-30 sec.
He is using Avira anti virus, I throughly checked whole computer but no threat found. I can't understand what's the problem can any one help me regarding this.

Thanks in advance,
-Manohar.G

Relevancy 55.9%

When I load up a big program (one that uses lots of CPU percentage) it closes after loading for a few seconds. This happens with iTunes and Football Manager 2005, It used to happen with CM 03/04 too. I have to re-install every time and its getting really annoying. Is there anyway i can stop this without formatting ect?

Thanks

A:Programs closing automatically - annoying

Post your system specs...it's possibly a memory related issue. It could also be an issue w/ inadequate cooling.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-closing-automatically-annoying-24292.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

I am running office 2000, and have been being helped on the malware board. They suggested I come here with an issue with office.

A few days ago my office programs have been closing automatically when I try to open them. Excel for example will close once I select a menu option, and then try to select a sub option like FORMAT ROW, when y=trying to select row excel closes.

I have tried uninstalling and re installing, with no change to the problem.

Thanks for your help.

A:office 2000 closing automatically

Could you please post a link to the thread in the malware forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419163/office-2000-closing-automatically/
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok someone allready posted something about this but there was no answer wen im using automatically alt-tab closing like pressing Program ano program after sometime its like if i alt tab wen i realy do alt tab theres a process os svchost there wen i selct it nothing shows after i select another window it desapears from alt tab here goes the DSS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by haZard at on - - Program closing automatically like pressing alt-tab Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV ESET NOD Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated E E D - - F - FB -D ACA F C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS system spoolss exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpctrl exe C Program Files Portrait Program closing automatically like pressing alt-tab Displays HP My Display DTHtml exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system IHFO exe C PROGRA Nokia NOKIAP LAUNCH EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared HookManager exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files ROCCAT Kone Mouse KoneHID EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Program closing automatically like pressing alt-tab Lite daemon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software floater exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared DTSRVC exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Rainmeter Rainmeter exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files ROCCAT Kone Mouse osd exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Xfire Xfire exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings haZard Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp pt msn com uSearch Bar hxxp search live com results aspx q searchTerms amp mkt pt-PT amp FORM MIC E uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe spoolss exe BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO HP Print Clips f -dc - -a c- f d c - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp framework dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Auxiliar de Conex o do Windows Live d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB BS Player ControlBar c - eb - - - cb ba f - c program files bs player control... Read more

A:Program closing automatically like pressing alt-tab

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239175/program-closing-automatically-like-pressing-alt-tab/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a pc in my office that keeps closing down programs at random times The programs are closing completely out of task manager not just crashing and leaving a keep Programs come closing no automatically up errors running process in the background I have run Symantec Endpoint Protection scans which found nothing I ran spybot adaware malewarebytes and fixed issues found and still closes programs Ran sdfix exe still doing it and fixsflog exe didn't find anything If I run the pc in safe mode it doesn't seem to close down the programs only in normal mode so I know something is causing it just can't find out what DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by bmartinez at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe c windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Smc exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost Programs keep closing automatically no errors come up exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCS EXE C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Programs keep closing automatically no errors come up DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCST exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SmcGui exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe Programs keep closing automatically no errors come up C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Documents and Settings bmartinez SUNET Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uDefault Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files bae BAE dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exe mRun Client Access Service quot c program files ibm client access cwbsvstr exe q... Read more

A:Programs keep closing automatically no errors come up

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247315/programs-keep-closing-automatically-no-errors-come-up/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am having some troubles with my new laptop freezing. IE and MSN have also been acting up and closing down on me in the middle of doing things seems to be whe I have more than one window open working on multiple sites. It is driving me crazy as this Laptop is only less than a month old and I am very careful where I go and what I do on the net.

I have downloaded Hijackthis and would very much appreciate some help.

Thanks a Million in advance,
Kim

A:New Laptop is Freezing & IE/MSN are Automatically Closing

Ooops forgot to post my Hijack report.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:27:53 AM, on 2/26/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\program files\common files\logishrd\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\MBackMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MPS\mps.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
C:\Program Files\Nikon\Wireless Camera Setup Utility\NkPtpEnum.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\o2flash.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPS\mpsevh.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam10\QuickCam10.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SAService.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SiteAdv.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Location Finder\LocationFinder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSysTry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\mcrdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\LVComSX.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LQCVFX\COCIManager.exe
C:\Program Files\Mcafee\MWL\MwlSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\Dot1XCfg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Mcafee\MWL\MwlGui.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\kimberly\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX05.922\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.ca/0SEENCA/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://g.msn.ca/0SEENCA/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=677
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - H... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-laptop-is-freezing-and-ie-msn-are-automatically-closing-142367.html
Relevancy 55.9%

ok so whenever install a game on my laptop (spiderman 3 worms armageddon etc.) whenever it goes to open thos message always pops up "this game is not working and needs to be closed." i meet the requirements for the game and i dont know what to do can someone help?

A:Games not working, closing automatically.

Originally Posted by martinisconfused

ok so whenever install a game on my laptop (spiderman 3 worms armageddon etc.) whenever it goes to open thos message always pops up "this game is not working and needs to be closed." i meet the requirements for the game and i dont know what to do can someone help?

Hi Martin,

Have you installed the latest patches available for all your games?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/175923-games-not-working-closing-automatically.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a very important document saved on Pinnacle Studio 14- using Windows Vista, excuse me if this is in the wrong section of the forum.

I have my file completely edited-worked a long time on it, but whenever I go to render the file it says to me "Studio program file has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
I really need a solution to this problem. Im not looking to download any software- just general tips. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-keep-closing-automatically-important.1074803/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have 4 user identities on my computer. Three of them work no problem. When I go into my user id (which is also the admin ID) it automatically reboots the computer. The computer starts up to the normal screen with the 4 user IDs on it. And as soon as I log into my ID it reboots in about 5 seconds once again. keeps happening

All 3 other IDs work fine. Whats up and can I fix it? I ran a McAfee full scan and nothing came up.

Thanks for any response

A:Vista 32 closing automatically in 1 user id....

In one of the other accounts, open up an elevated command prompt and follow the instructions here to enable the "hidden" administrator account. Use that to delete all the accounts and start afresh. Repeat the steps to re-hide the account:

Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista :: the How-To Geek

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/243994-vista-32-closing-automatically-1-user-id.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Everytime i try to open Internet Explorer the page loads then right after it is fnished loading it closes itself without giving any error message.

Pls help....

A:internet explorer closing automatically

Hi.,

Could be malware's doings. To be on the safe side,

Please follow MicroBell's 5 Step process outlined here

After running through all the steps, best thing to do is have one of the HijackThis helpers take a look at a log.

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\

Double click on HijackThis.exe to run the program.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post the hijackthis.log file in the HijackThis Log Help forum. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-explorer-closing-automatically-134517.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings,

What should I do in order to prevent a web site or web page from closing after trying to access another? For instance, whenever I click on a link within an email or another web site, the previous web site or web page disappears. In other words, I am only able to access one web site at a time.
This problem came up when my computer was invaded and hijacked by spyware which I was able to get rid of. However, I kept encountering the above mentioned problem.
I would appreciate any assistance to resolve the problem. Thank you in advance.

A:Web Sites Closing Automatically After Accessing Another

What browser are you using when this occurs?

If it is IE, click "tools", then click the "advanced tab",
then untic ?reuse windows for launching shortcuts?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/45941/web-sites-closing-automatically-after-accessing-another/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, whenever I open a Metro app like Weather, even after closing it using the red cross in the upper right corner (feature added in 8.1 Update), the app will keep running in the background forcing me to end it with Task Manager. Is this normal?

A:Metro apps keep running in the background after closing

Hello Antares,

Yep, when you close an app with the red X on the upper right corner it only suspends the app to the background. When an app is supended, think of it as being placed in standby mode. The app will not use any system resources if suspended. A suspended app will still sit in memory (RAM) until that memory is needed by something else in Windows 8 and is then closed automatically to free the memory. While the app is sitting in memory, it will allow the app to be loaded faster the next time you open it since it's already in memory.

The tutorial below can help show you how to completely close an app though.

Apps - Close in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48647-metro-apps-keep-running-background-after-closing.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I'm new here so if my question has been asked and/or answered I apologize.Since yesterday's 8.1 update 1 apps will no longer close on my non touch laptop by dragging them to the bottom of the screen and flipping them.I have noticed that when I go to the top of the screen to grab my cursor no longer becomes a hand but I can still drag the app to the bottom to flip it but then in immediately goes back to full screen and continues to run.Has this method of closing apps been removed for non touch devices in yesterday's update?

A:Problem with closing apps since update 1 yesterday

The drag and flip still works for me. The hand is gone so I just drag the title bar down.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/44170-problem-closing-apps-since-update-1-yesterday.html
Relevancy 55.04%

this morning when i turned my computer on, (vista) i got to my desktop and my anti virus popped up saying i have a virus. i think it was a vundo, or sumthing like that...my anti-virus instantly removed it...or so it said....now my windows explorer and icons are gone, cept my sidebar...i went into task manager and attempted to manually load explorer again...closed instantly....i tried add remove programs it closed instantly. the only thing that seems to work is my anti virus....but it wont tell me anything.. /sigh....oh and btw it does the same thing in safe mode, and i've tried all avalable options on startup

A:explorer closing/unable to open apps

does anyone has solution to this problem bexos the same situation brought me here. i can't do anything through my regular user as it keep displaying Windows Explorer has stopped working & nothing can be done, no application load, nothing.
I login through another user on the same Notebook, IE works fine, I uninstalled the last application before the incidence but no luck after login to the problematic environment.
Your urgent help will be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/explorer-closing-unable-to-open-apps-275907.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I often switch back and forth between desktop and metro apps - for example, looking something up on Chrome in desktop mode while messaging someone on my skype metro app. After around 45 seconds in desktop mode, the metro app is closed when I return! This is very frustrating as you can probably guess. Anyone encountered this problem before? How did you solve it?
Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/30329-metro-apps-closing-when-desktop-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

It happens when i close them which is weird my first hunch is that since i recently upgraded my comp a new hdd and new ram maybe its the cause but maybe its not anyway heres the dm log

btw the first 2nd bsod was the moment when i closed csgo then the 3rd which happened yesterday happened when i was shutting down my pc then chrome exited then bsod

edit: Got another bsod when i launched dota 2

Edit2: managed to install sp 1 now

Relevancy 55.04%

So I just upgraded to windows 10 today, and I was exploring around discovering new things in Windows 10. But a few minutes later when I decided to open the calculator It closes instantly, Even the windows store I was searching for a fix, none of it worked. So please can anyone help me?

A:[Need Help Fix] Metro Apps Keeps Closing Everytime I launch it

If you have only just upgraded there may be several updates for the metro apps still happening in the background. I would wait a while, try a restart and see if the problem still exists.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52450-need-help-fix-metro-apps-keeps-closing-everytime-i-launch.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I open up my Live tiles screen on my 2nd monitor. When I open an app, say facebook. All is fine. When I drag from top of screen to bottom with my mouse to close the app, it goes to desktop. Is there a way for me to go back to the Live tiles screen?

Also, is it possible to have the live tiles screen visible all times on my 2nd monitor. I use Stardocks Start8 BTW if that helps

A:Closing Metro Apps takes me to desktop

Hello gizbug,

If you are using Windows 8.1 now, then:

You could uncheck the When I sign in or close apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start box from step 4 in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below to go to your Start screen.
Desktop or Start - When Sign in or Close apps in Windows 8
You could open the Start screen from the taskbar on your 2nd monitor to have it show until you either open the desktop there or drag and drop a desktop window there.

Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/33615-closing-metro-apps-takes-me-desktop.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My task manager regedit and cmd are automatically closing and I use windows bit Here s my log I cant view any folder options and any other options by right clicking Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on automatically . closing cmd regedit are Task and :( manager Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files BlueStacks HD-Agent exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Users bravo Downloads utorrent exe C Users bravo Downloads NPE exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Task manager . regedit and cmd are automatically closing :( Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD saui exe D Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http websearch coolwebsearch info unqvl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Task manager . regedit and cmd are automatically closing :( Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http websearch coolwebsearch info unqvl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll R - URLSearchHook uTorrentControl Toolbar - e df - f - -afe - c da - C Program Files uTorrentControl prxtbuTo dll O - BHO BHO PROJECT - BD F- E- C -B -D E DBA - C Program Files OApps bho project dll O - BHO MSS Identifier - E A AD- D - EB- D D- EF A - C Program Files McAfee Security Scan McAfeeMSS IE dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO privitize Helper Object - ACB ABE- - - C-F BDB FB - C Program Files Industriya privitize bh privitize dll O - BHO Babylon toolbar helper - EECD - - a -B B - BF B - C Program Files BabylonToolbar BabylonToolbar bh BabylonToolbar dll O - BHO Funmoods Helper Object - EBB AA- - CB - EC-E E ECD F - C Program Files Funmoods funmoods bh funmoods dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO Sieeaurch-NeawTaB - E D D -F B - A-B BF-D F DBB DEB - C ProgramData Sieeaurch-NeawTaB dll O - BHO MeaagnIPPIc - E AC -BB - C-BEBD- F C C E - C ProgramData MeaagnIPPIc bfa b dll O - BHO uTorrentControl - e df - f - -afe - c da - C Program Files uTorrentControl prxtbuTo dll O - BHO coentinuetOsavE - F D E - -B B- A C-DFB D D E - C ProgramData coentinuetOsavE fa b dll O - BHO Hotspot Shield Class - F E A -E B - BC - A - A AE - C Program Files Hotspot Shield HssIE HssIE dll O - Toolbar Funmoods Toolbar - A C EC-ED E- ACE-A F - C F EF - C Program Files Funmoods funmoods funmoodsTlbr dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - Toolbar uTorrentControl Toolbar - e df - f - -afe - c da - C Program Files uTorrentControl prxtbuTo dll O - Toolbar Babylon Toolbar - -... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/task-manager-regedit-and-cmd-are-automatically-closing.193058/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi guys.

This is my first post in the forum.I am facing a biz.....prblm.Whenever i try to open the control Panel --> user accounts window....

The window is automatically closing after 5-6 seconds... i dnt knw y Even the same when i open the help and support page.... its closing automatically...
Please help me........

Neo

Relevancy 55.04%

Is it possible to solve this problem ?

I have Windows XP. All my softwares are working except Explorer and Outlook.

When I try to open them, they open for a few seconds beforer closing.

Thanks for your help.

A:Solved: Need help: Explorer and Outlook are closing automatically

You should check for Viruses and spyware that may be causing this first. But are you doing anything else (running other programs, trying to open other applications) when this happens? Did you recently make any changes (updates, Registry clean up, Internet options) to computer settings? Or did you install any software recently? And when did it start doing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-help-explorer-and-outlook-are-closing-automatically.586757/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all my Windows Explorer keeps closing automatically after few seconds I open it I tried to repair my Windows installation but the situation remained the same Any help please This is my HiJackThis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld-nt exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager closing Explorer few Windows seconds automatically after keeps bin nSvcLog exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C Program Files Cyberlink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files VDOTool TBPanel exe C Program Files PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Windows Explorer keeps closing automatically after few seconds Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X fppdis a exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Paint Shop Pro Photo X CorelIOMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Corel Corel PhotoDownloader Corel Photo Downloader exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MESSEN Msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Documents and Settings Chris Desktop HiJackThis v exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO no name - A E - F - C - - AAA DE - C WINDOWS system opnkLddb dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO no name - F B B B-C - E-A FF-AC A DE AC - C WINDOWS system ddcYqrOG dll O - Toolbar a... Read more

A:Windows Explorer keeps closing automatically after few seconds

Welcome to TSF.

Please print the below instructions or copy them to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the order mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following if they still exist and hit 'Fix Checked' after you checked the last one:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A34E3369-4F92-40C1-9320-027559AAA6DE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnkLddb.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F30B1B0B-C305-414E-A4FF-AC93A08DE0AC} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddcYqrOG.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service] tyadjy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [WinxDiagUpdate] WinxDiagUpdate
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service] tyadjy.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service] tyadjy.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ddcYqrOG - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ddcYqrOG.dll

Locate the following Files/Folders and delete them if they exist (if no location given, just do a search for them):

C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnkLddb.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddcYqrOG.dll
tyadjy.exe

Download Malwarebytes ' Anti-Malware at http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe or http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...are_d5756.html Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform Full Scan, then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart (see Extra Note below).
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy & paste the entire report into your next reply.

Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix and follow the instructions on how to install the Recovery Console and run ComboFix. Go through all the steps until posting the log part. Post the combofix log here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-explorer-keeps-closing-automatically-after-few-seconds-261593.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently had Norton and CA antivirus I installed Kapersky which then uninstalled both of my previous anti-virus I turn programs and Computer closing crashing is automatically. the computer on today and everything has errors and Data Execution Prevention boxes open up all over the place So i uninstalled Kapersky Can you help me out I am reinstalling Norton Here is the HIJack Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost Computer is crashing and closing programs automatically. exe C Program Files Windows Computer is crashing and closing programs automatically. Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C Program Files StorageSync StrgSync exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr LVComSX exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA AIM AIMWDI EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier Go ogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Common Files DataViz DvzIncMsgr exe C Program Files Sony Handheld HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Quicken bagent exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearchIndexer exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqnrs exe C WINDOWS system HPZinw exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Windows Live Mail desktop wlmail exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext quot C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe quot O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO dsWebAllowBHO Class - F D C- - F-A - E BD E - C Program Files Windows Desktop Search dsWebAllow dll O - ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-is-crashing-and-closing-programs-automatically-136496.html
Relevancy 55.04%

sorry i know i posted this before, but this time it seems another prob popped up, i couldnt get to startup the installation package for WinXP SP1 and SP2, nor can my HJT startup properly. Both of them just popped up for a few seconds when i clicked on them and then disappeared...

then some kind soul told me to download CWS.exe, gave me the link, i dled it ran it but there wasnt any coolwebsearch on my pc at all...can any1 advice me wad to do?

A:Random programs keeping closing automatically

Try running the following from safe mode (Getting to safe-mode) Sysclean you'll also need the virus template file from here lpt***.ziporDrWeb CureITAlso try installing and running A2 Free and EwidoI'd also run Spybot and AdawareIf your using Win2K/XP run adaware/spybot from "safe mode with command prompt"At the C:\ prompt type the following:-cd\C:\progra~1\spybot~1\spybotsd.exe /autocheck /autofixcd\C:\progra~1\lavasoft\ad-awa~1\ad-aware.exeYou really need to get SP2 installed, you don't need to install SP1 to install SP2, just bypass SP1 and get SP2 on your system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28209/random-programs-keeping-closing-automatically/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys For some reason after I've had my PC on for an hour or two the resolution changes when changes or closing executing Resolution applications automatically when I start a game or Mozilla Firefox or Windows Mail If I close all applications like say I have Mozilla and Windows Mail open at the same time and I close them I'm then able to manually change the resolution back to x in the Nvidia control panel However if any application is open it will never manually let me change the resolution back The resolution will change to around x and just stay there even if I select x The thing I've tried is completely removing my drivers using Driver Sweeper or Cleaner forgot the name and then reinstalling them I'm on the latest drivers right now but I still had the problem when I was on the slightly older drivers aswell Resolution automatically changes when executing or closing applications I haven't tried drivers from summer last year or anything so if you think it would be a good idea to try it then I could do that Sometimes if I close a game and this happens with pretty much every game CS CSS CoD CoH etc it will stay in x but half of the screen is black kind of like it still thinks it's in x but it's in x Checked if I've got viruses and I haven't Just some specs if it helps GTX i I think gb ram TB hdd intel motherboard can't think which one though Creative soundcard I think that's everything if you need any more info then just say Thanks a lot

A:Resolution automatically changes when executing or closing applications

Update the video driver. Graphics Driver - GeForce 295.73 Driver - GeForce

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/resolution-automatically-changes-when-executing-or-closing-applications-633276.html
Relevancy 55.04%

whenever i have a couple tabs open and they have alot of pictures or something like looking at a profile on myspace my web browser just closes by itself and when i tried this with internet explorer it closed after it showed the default homepage for a couple seconds. i have the latest version of both and im on windows xp sp 2. i think it may have to do with cpu usage but im probably wrong

A:Firefox And Internet Explorer Automatically Closing

When the browsers close, is an error message generated?I've noticed that you didn't complete the cleaning process in your HijackThis topic a few months ago.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106306/troj-brave-or-brave-sentry-i-think/It may be a good idea to perform scans for Malware/Adware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118100/firefox-and-internet-explorer-automatically-closing/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I found some weird files with quot qbot quot running in the task manager with variationss I decided to look because windows in numerous programs would suddenly close with no reason Here is my Hijack log Your help is greatly appreciated NOTE - I saw something about qbot in the log but have no clue how Closing Windows Qbot? Please Automatically, Log Help Hijack to remove it just delete Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Qbot? Windows Closing Automatically, Hijack Log Please Help Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf ss exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system Qbot? Windows Closing Automatically, Hijack Log Please Help svchost exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exec program files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC DOCUME MELISS LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for HiJackThis zip HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell ca mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http sympatico ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Lexico Toolbar - F A-B - d - A- F CF B - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files lexbar dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar Dictionary com - F A-B - D - A- F CF B - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files lexbar dllO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeO - HKLM Run IntelWireless C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray ex... Read more

A:Qbot? Windows Closing Automatically, Hijack Log Please Help

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogPlease also post the problems you are having.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141554/qbot-windows-closing-automatically-hijack-log-please-help/
Relevancy 55.04%

Is there a way to automatically logoff/close internet explorer after a certain time delay, or do you have to close it manually with a mouse click each and every session?

we are running 6.0 and 7.0 on different computers and I need a way to automatically close the session so that if somebody forgets to end the session, someone else can't come up to it and have it already running.

This is for a proprietary application in a business, meaning we use internet explorer to provide building controls and if one of the operators forgets to close the browser any other person can sit at the PC and take control of the building systems. The application we are using requires a signon (login) when the browser is launched so that is secure, it's just the automatic closing of the session that we can't seem to figure out.

thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/automatically-closing-internet-explorer-after-timeout-171710.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Well i think i have virus because strange things happen to my computer lately like i try to open exe file and it closing me after couple of seconds help me please here is the DDS log UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST after couple Exe automatically files closing seconds of THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date AM System Uptime AM hours ago Motherboard Hewlett-Packard D Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz CPU mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free E is CDROM H is FIXED FAT - GiB total GiB free Disabled Device Manager Items Class GUID d e -e - ce-bfc - be Description TAP-Win Adapter V Device ID ROOT NET Manufacturer TAP-Win Provider V Name TAP-Win Adapter V PNP Device ID ROOT NET Service tap Class GUID ECC D- F- D -A - F ED Description LogMeIn Kernel Information Provider Device ID ROOT LEGACY LMIINFO Manufacturer Name LogMeIn Kernel Information Provider PNP Device ID ROOT LEGACY LMIINFO Service LMIInfo System Restore Points RP AM - Installed Ventrilo Client for Windows x RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP AM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - Software Distribution Service RP PM - Windows Modules Installer RP PM - Windows Modules Installer Installed Programs Windows Live IDT Audio Windows Live Windows Live Torrent -Zip Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Reader - Russian Adobe Shockwave Player Advanced SystemCare Agatha Christie - Peril at End House AIMP AION Free-To-Play Akamai NetSession Interface ASIO ALL Bejeweled Deluxe Blackhawk Striker Blasterball Blaze Media Pro Bounce Symphony Bully Exe files closing automatically after couple of seconds Scholarship Edition Cache Cleaner Cake Mania Catalyst Control Center Catalyst Control Center - Branding Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Common Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy Catalyst Control Center Localization All CCC Help Chinese Standard CCC Help Chinese Traditional CCC Help Czech CCC Help Danish CCC Help English CCC Help Finnish CCC Help French CCC Help German CCC Help Greek CCC Help Hungarian CCC Help Italian CCC Help Japanese CCC Help Korean CCC Help Norwegian CCC Help Polish CCC Help Portuguese CCC Help Russian CCC Help Spanish CCC Help Swedish CCC Help Thai CCC Help Turkish Chuzzle Deluxe Cisco EAP-FAST Module Cisco LEAP Module Cisco PEAP Module Contents Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X Corel VideoStudio Pro X Counter-Strike Source CyberLink DVD Suite D DX DAEMON Tools Lite Deckadance DeviceIO Dora s World Adventure Download Master version Driver Genius Professional Edition DVD Menu Pack for HP MediaSmart Video Energy Star Digital Logo ESU for Microsoft Windows Fable III Facebook Video Calling Farm Frenzy Fences Pro Final Drive Nitro FL Studio Foxit Reader Free Studio version Game Booster Garry s Mod GDMO GIMP Google Chrome Hewlett-Packard ACLM NET v HP CloudDrive HP Customer Experience Enhancements HP Documentation HP DVB-T TV Tuner HP Game Console HP Games HP MediaSmart DVD HP MediaSmart Music HP MediaSmart Photo HP MediaSmart Video HP MediaSmart Webcam HP Power Manager HP Quick Launch HP Setup HP Setup Manager HP Software Framework HP Support Assistant ICA IL Download Manager IMVU Avatar Chat Software Intel PC iPOS BTS Intel R Management Engine Components Intel R Rapid Storage Technology Intel R Turbo Boost Technology Driver IPM PSP Pro IPM VS Pro ISCOM Java Auto Updater Java TM Update Junk Mail filter update K-Lite Mega Codec Pack LabelPrint LightScribe System Software Magic Desktop Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version Microsoft AppLocale Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace Microsoft Office Word Viewer Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition ENU Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microso... Read more

A:Exe files closing automatically after couple of seconds

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download the tools. (DO NOT RUN THEM JUST NOW)Please DownloadTDSSKiller.zip>>> Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.Click on the Start Scan button and wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue
If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue
If you are asked to reboot the computer to complete the process, click on the Reboot Now button. A report will be automatically saved at the root of the System drive ((usually C:\) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt" (for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt). Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file will appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Download http://public.avast.com/~gmerek/aswMBR.exe (aswMBR.exe) to your desktop. Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan. Upon completion of the scan, click Save log, and save it to your desktop. (Note - do not select any Fix at this time) <- IMPORTANTPlease post the contents of that log in your next reply.There shall also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) folder. Please attach that zipped file in your next reply.===Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as AdminYou only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.rkill.comrkill.scrIt is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer. If this is the case, then you will need to download the files requested on another computer and then transfer them to the desktop of the infected computer. You can transfer the files via a CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.When the you have run the file do not restart the computer.Run the other 2 tools you just downloaded.Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454136/exe-files-closing-automatically-after-couple-of-seconds/
Relevancy 54.61%

I can't find a solution to my problem For just one of a good number of examples I have Sonique MP player It starts ok but opening Windows closing extremely slowly and apps then it takes no joke seconds to close after clicking the close button Other apps have similar reactions but at startup time I have run spybot S amp D Registry Mechanic Ad Aware CCleaner ewido Security Suite Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly and a good number of other apps to try to clean up this mess but it still persists Here is my Hijack This log Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software iHateSpam siService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly iHateSpam siSpamFilterEngine exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox MMDiag exeC PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mim exeC Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD USISrv exeC Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC Play exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm server exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Engine ymetray exeC Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Filing Cabinets Fcabinet exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFREE EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXEC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP POPUPS EXEC Program Files Anti-Hijacker AntiHijacker EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC SecS exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software iHateSpam siMailProxyServer exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize rch search htmlO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO netMonior Class - C -C C- D -BC B- BA E FE - blank file missing O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar toolbar - F- DA- CB-BF C- CAB A - C PROGRA toolbar toolbar dllO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO ... Read more

A:Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly

Hi wacky60 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of problems in the log. It is quite clean. having a program take 5 seconds to shut down is not uncommon. I have many programs which take that long or longer. It just depends on what resources the program has to release and what cleanup it has to do at the time of shutdown.There are a couple of housekeeping items we can fix so let's do that.Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...rch/search.htmlO2 - BHO: netMonior Class - {85810C93-C14C-11D5-BC4B-0050BA28E4FE} - blank (file missing)O3 - Toolbar: 1toolbar - {2184469F-67DA-49CB-BF3C-9CAB5974A280} - C:\PROGRA~1\1toolbar\1toolbar.dllNow close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):c:\program files\toolbar\ <--folderOk, reboot the machine and you should be good to go.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29177/windows-apps-opening-and-closing-extremely-slowly/
Relevancy 54.61%

So lets say you have a program open, and its not pinned to the taskbar, calculator for example. You close it, and the animation for the programs icon on the taskbar disappears smoothly. Now, if I pin the calculator onto the taskbar and open it (or any current taskbar pinned item) and close it, the icon disappears with a sort of a chunky, or "blocky" animation leaving just the normal taskbar icon.

My question is, should this happen or is my Windows install lagging somehow? Can anyone recreate this and see if you get a similiar result? Simply, non taskbar pinned apps icons seem to close smoother, while ones that are pinned dont really have an animation and just close with maybe 3 different frames.

A:Quick Question About Closing Apps/ Taskbar (Could someone test this? )

Hello Keyes,

This would be the Animations in the taskbar visual effects setting. It's normal for there to be a slight delay with the animation. If it's to long or jagged, then you may have something else running that's using a lot of resources causing a temporary longer delay for this.

If you like, you could turn off (uncheck) this setting to have them be instant instead.

Visual Effects Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357340-quick-question-about-closing-apps-taskbar-could-someone-test.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My 8.1 Update 1 HTPC now sends us to the desktop instead of the Start screen when we close an app. I know of the setting in taskbar properties to always go to the desktop instead of start when an app is closed. This option is unchecked. It looks like any non-touch Update 1 PC just ignores this setting. Anyone else suffering from the same problem? Any thoughts?

A:8.1 Update 1 - Closing Metro Apps Always Sends to Desktop

Crisis averted. You need to go to the taskbar properties and uncheck the box that says "Show Windows Apps on the Taskbar."

Desktop or Start - When Sign in or Close apps in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44202-8-1-update-1-closing-metro-apps-always-sends-desktop.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Just having a weird problem with Windows When I am using earphones or my laptop speakers and then I close the lid on my laptop it causes a great reduction in the volume of Windows automatically to Laptop reduce 7, causes Closing volume Lid the sound output automatically While the laptop lid is still open the volume on all programs remains normal However when I close my laptop lid it seems Windows automatically reduces the volume Let's say I put the volume on my laptop to units in the sound mixer All programs I am using are set to use the volume the sound output device is using so everything else is also at units including Media Player Classic I am usually using Media Player Classic to play some FLAC music I usually have earphones connected but Windows 7, Closing Laptop Lid causes volume to automatically reduce this issue recurs Windows 7, Closing Laptop Lid causes volume to automatically reduce without them as well When I close my laptop in about seconds the sound volume will automatically reduce to units in the Volume Mixer in the taskbar This sound reduction also only applies to the program I am currently using to play music e g MPC or iTunes the two which I've tried so far After re-opening my laptop I check the Volume Mixer Windows 7, Closing Laptop Lid causes volume to automatically reduce and it shows only MPC or iTunes sound output is reduced The system device speakers will still be at units volume This is really frustrating because I like to turn on some music and then close my laptop so I can study but I find I have to constantly adjust volume because Windows is deciding to automatically adjust the volume for me which I simply don't need I understand how it can be helpful but for me it is just a nuisance This is what the Volume Mixer looks like just after starting playback in MPC This is an example of what the Volume Mixer from the taskbar looks like after I close and then re-open my laptop lid It just shows MPC reducing volume while all other volumes which aren't outputting anything remain at the normal volume I set before closing the laptop lid If anyone could help with this issue it would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows 7, Closing Laptop Lid causes volume to automatically reduce

Hello,

I was able to resolve this by the following:

Right-Click the sound icon, and click "Playback Devices". There should be a tab that says "Communications" on the very right. If yours shows "Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%", setting this to "Do Nothing" will correct your issue, as it did for me (this was irritating me just as much as it did you).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/180920-windows-7-closing-laptop-lid-causes-volume-automatically-reduce.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Gigabyte EasySaver ESSVR automatically browser programs updating hijacked and closing/not EXEC Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g svc exeC Program Files AVG AVG hijacked browser and programs automatically closing/not updating avgnsx exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g comm exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxduserv exeC WINDOWS system lxducoms exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g pre exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g tray exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdumon exeC Program Files Lexmark - Series ezprint exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exeC WINDOWS system mstsc exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http search live com sphome aspxR - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - BHO Lexmark Printable Web - D C E -BE D- CC- F -E F - C Program Files Lexmark Printable Web bho dllO - BHO MSN Toolbar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - dcb -df - - - fa b f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOW... Read more

A:hijacked browser and programs automatically closing/not updating

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402595/hijacked-browser-and-programs-automatically-closingnot-updating/
Relevancy 54.61%

Whenever i run a process with high memory consumption, Windows 10 closes it immediately, without warning. This means if you're on Photoshop, rendering, it would terminate the process because Windows is a greedy ass. Please, someone find a solution to this issue.

A dialog box comes up saying, please close this program to save memory, you have the option of end process and cancel. I pressed cancer but it still closes anyways. bleep Windows. Sorry for my language. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625017/windows-10-automatically-closing-programs-to-save-memory/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello It's the second time I'm having this issue and it really screw : closing folder automatically, blinking icon Problem keyboard things up The most visible sympton is at the bottom right of Problem : folder closing automatically, keyboard icon blinking the screen where the little icon keyboard is net to the langage me quot FR quot as quot French Well for some reason it starts to blink And then I can't do things right The start menu doesn't stay open it closes automatically The preview images when you have many windows open from a program close themselves before I can select any And littme annoying stuff And sometimes it's like all the screen is blinking in Firefox Other odd behavior the cursor unfocus from pages while it blinks if you want to go down on a page well you have to click again the page to be able to control Sometimes it's all the time you can't even scroll to a document or a web page I think last time I solved this problem by getting to an older version of windows it was months ago Now it didn't work I tried also to modify all the usb options disable etc it didn't work Sometimes it's more apparent than others which is very strange I'm running windows x Does anyone knows what it could be

A:Problem : folder closing automatically, keyboard icon blinking

Hi and welcome to Seven Forums!

Have you tried to change your keyboard and mouse (maybe you can ask a friend)?

Let use know!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/182099-problem-folder-closing-automatically-keyboard-icon-blinking.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I need some assistance I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop that runs Vista Home Edition Whenver I boot up and try to open a program or application it takes a really REALLY long time for it to open For example whenever I try to open Firefox or Internet Explorer or even my control panel the window will open and will be blank Then it will start to load but either take an enormous amount of time or after I've become tired of waiting I'll try to exit and it will say response apps slow EXTREMELY opening/closing times when programs and Not Responding Now eventually this goes away and the window does close but like I said it takes a ton of time trying to open and close these things up If I do wait it out and I do get into my Internet Explorer EXTREMELY slow response times when opening/closing apps and programs or Mozilla any links that I click or addresses that I type it again takes forever I've run a deep system scan with my Anti-Virus software and came up with nothing I did a system restore to a point where the problem was not happening and again nothing Any suggestions

A:EXTREMELY slow response times when opening/closing apps and programs

Originally Posted by seany811

Hello,

I need some assistance. I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop that runs Vista Home Edition. Whenver I boot up and try to open a program or application, it takes a really REALLY long time for it to open. For example, whenever I try to open Firefox or Internet Explorer or even my control panel, the window will open and will be blank. Then it will start to load but either take an enormous amount of time or, after I've become tired of waiting, I'll try to exit and it will say (Not Responding). Now eventually this goes away and the window does close, but like I said, it takes a ton of time trying to open and close these things up. If I do wait it out and I do get into my Internet Explorer or Mozilla, any links that I click or addresses that I type, it again, takes forever.

I've run a deep system scan with my Anti-Virus software and came up with nothing. I did a system restore to a point where the problem was not happening and, again, nothing.

Any suggestions?!

Frag/file errors/disk errors
or insufficient Installed Memory
How To Make Vista more responsive and faster

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/222421-extremely-slow-response-times-when-opening-closing-apps-programs.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This is a company business user s computer so much of the software might be in-house software The anti-virus is provided by Trend Micro Computer is a Dell Latitude D running Windows XP SP Problem Original issue user ... error Internet when closing other and an window Explorer encountered has Solved: apps IE reported was that Microsoft Word locked and froze when opening Microsoft Word was unistalled in preparation for a re-install New Additional Problem s Computer is running very slowly Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps Anytime IE is closed and sometimes when other applications are closed or any part of the computer is browsed to the Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps quot Internet Explorer has an encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot pops up Accessing the data of the error report reveals the ModName hostie dll as the problem I have run both Ad-Aware and Spy-bot HJT log follows Logfile of Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctalogd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctapsd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent CtaEoU exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctatransapt exe C WINDOWS system bmwebcfg exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files lotus notes ntmulti exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C Program Files Sprint AirCard Sprint PCS Connection Manager SPCSUtilityService exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exe C WINDOWS TEMP GQ EXE C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin OEAddOn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Documents and Settings rmtgreene Application Data U LaunchPad exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C HJT HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www salesforce com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpamBlockerUtility fleok D A A C E D AE EA FA EF B B A A - AA A- D - CBE-A - A D D - C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin HostIE dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar SpamBlockerUtility - AA A- D - CBE-A - A D D - C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin HostIE dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices C... Read more

A:Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps

Go to add/remove programs and remove SpamBlockerUtility then restart the machine.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.

Click Close to exit the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-explorer-has-encountered-an-error-window-when-closing-ie-and-other-apps.622654/
Relevancy 53.32%

I had reset my mobile lumia 730, then i installed few apps newly. Most of apps working correctly with new features, but some of the apps have closing unexpectedly when i opened. I have surfed, but didn't get any solutions or cautions for that issues. I have enough internal memory in my mobile, i thought there won't be the issue cause. Can anyone help me?

A:Nokia windows lumia 730 mobile, Some apps are closing unexpectedly? what might be the issues there?

Sometimes apps crash.. Just restart your phone it'll work fine.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/407870-nokia-windows-lumia-730-mobile-some-apps-closing-unexpectedly-what-might-issues-there.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Please help - My Windows XP Sony Vaio PCG-K295HP laptop has developed a fault that causes windows to close of their own accord, web browsers to display 'stopped' and fail to load web pages and my laptop now beeps for approximately 30 seconds whilst booting up.

I have read as much as i can find about this on various forums and have attached a hijack this logfile.

Thanks in advance!

A:Constant beeping on startup, and windows automatically closing. Web browsers stopping

Constant beeping is always some sort of warning. Does your laptop have a video card that could possibly have become disconnected? Is your memory seated tightly. When a ram module becomes loose, it too can cause a beeping. Good Luck. I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about laptops otherwise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-beeping-on-startup-and-windows-automatically-closing-web-browsers-stopping.92236/
Relevancy 53.32%

I had an issue after running Spybot due to some symptoms of a virus, where my Taskmanager closed automatically. I followed the tutorial with combofix and it corrected the issue, but now I it appears that my browser has been hijacked. I am posted the combofix log for review. It looks pretty clean to me. Wonder if you see anything I don't.

I appreciate the help.

Daniel

A:Win 7 - Task Manager dissapear/closing automatically post COMBOFIX issue

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/462709 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462709/win-7-task-manager-dissapearclosing-automatically-post-combofix-issue/
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently installed Microsoft Office and out of curiousity clicked on Lync I'd never heard of it so I thought I'd try it to see what it was It seems to be a new version automatically starting from apps Keeping of their older IM program Microsoft Messenger I have Keeping apps from starting automatically no interest in using this program at this time but my computer insists on launching Lync for me on every reboot How do I coax Windows to NOT launch Lync automatically I realize that uninstalling it would probably accomplish what I want but I'd rather not do that I might find that I want to use it somewhere down the road In the meantime I'd simply like it to be Keeping apps from starting automatically on the computer so that I can start it via the Start menu if I really want to use it but I don't want it starting automatically on every reboot since that just uses resources that I'd rather leave available for programs that I'm actually using I realize I can use Task Manager to kill the Lync process manually after the reboot but I'd rather keep it from starting in the first place How do I do that in Windows

A:Keeping apps from starting automatically

If there is a 'Lync' entry in the Startup tab in Task Manager, right click on it and choose 'Disable'.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/57817-keeping-apps-starting-automatically.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have not seen my Store Apps update automatically over the past few months. Usually after a new build or especially after a clean install the Store Apps would update almost immediately. I have checked the Update Apps setting in the Store and Update Apps automatically has always been found to be set to On.

I recently done a clean install of Windows 10 Home 10586 which just updated to Windows 10 Home Preview 11082 yesterday. The Store shows 24 apps which have updates available and it has been this way for five or six days. How long should it take to automatically update theses apps? I have my WIFI set to metered. I wonder if this is causing Store apps not to update?

A:Store Apps do not update automatically

Originally Posted by tracit99

I have not seen my Store Apps update automatically over the past few months. Usually after a new build or especially after a clean install the Store Apps would update almost immediately. I have checked the Update Apps setting in the Store and Update Apps automatically has always been found to be set to On.

I recently done a clean install of Windows 10 Home 10586 which just updated to Windows 10 Home Preview 11082 yesterday. The Store shows 24 apps which have updates available and it has been this way for five or six days. How long should it take to automatically update theses apps? I have my WIFI set to metered. I wonder if this is causing Store apps not to update?

Yup!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/35005-store-apps-do-not-update-automatically.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

My computer (notebook) with Windows XP SP2 will reboot automatically (crash) after I try to run certain apps. For example when I run Tweaking.com's 'Windows Repair', the program will run through the initial stage but after that the OS will auto reboot every single time. One other app I can't even start before Windows crashes. 

Also, I've ran ESET online scanner, Malwarebytes anti-malware and TDSSKiller and they've all found some serious infections (like trojans and rootkits) which were automatically deleted/quarantined, but the problem still persists.

Thank you.

A:Windows automatically reboots (crashes) when trying to run certain apps

If you're planning to use XP,make sure that's upgraded to SP3+ all updates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583080/windows-automatically-reboots-crashes-when-trying-to-run-certain-apps/
Relevancy 52.46%

Whenever I try and change my settings by going through the usual charms menu-> Change PC Settings, the instant the settings window comes up it disappears. I try bringing it up from the taskbar and the same thing happens: it seems to maximize then just disappears. I can't switch to it, only close it. This applies to any app in Windows including Sports, News, etc. Thanks in advance! I'm running on Windows 8.1 and have a  HP ENVY dv6-7214nr.

A:Windows 8.1 settings window and other apps automatically min...

Hi @Marjorie4 ,   Thank you for your inquiry, I will do my best to assist you! I understand that you are unable to open any app.  You are unable to access the setting windows as it will not open.First I would create a restore point.  Here is a link to a  document on Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 8). Please note the section on creating a restore point. Now would you try this  step.Press the Windows key +C to open charmsType command prompt in the search bar and press enterRight click on it and run as administratorType  powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register$EnvystemRoot\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppxManifest.xml  and press enter. Wait for this to complete and restart your notebook.  Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-8-1-settings-window-and-other-apps-automatically/td-p/4619264
Relevancy 52.46%

Thanks in advance for your help. Obviously, if I am installing an application, it is likely one I am going to actually use. Is there no way for me to configure Windows 8 so that new application installations will place the App Tiles on the left-most, or at least in the viewable screenspace, side of my Metro desktop? Thanks for any tips. Alternatively, is there simply a key shortcut that allows me to select a group of app tiles and shift them quickly, as a group, to a particular group or to the left side of my desktop? Thanks!

A:Can I have new apps automatically install in the left-most group?

The short answer is, doubtfull

I doubt that will ever be the case unless it can be setup in the installer itself.
As Metro is so new, that won't be possible on any older applications unless they update and make the installer do it.
Or MS updates Metro back end to do so.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/7247-can-i-have-new-apps-automatically-install-left-most-group.html
Relevancy 52.46%

since both myfitnesspal is ending its app on windows phone and fitbit ending support for healthvault I dont have a way for my fitbit aria to update my weight on healthvault let alone the health app. solutions?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435609-there-any-apps-will-automatically-update-weight-health-app.html
Relevancy 52.03%

In researching another problem, I discovered that on one computer (haven't checked others) we have several apps installed.

Farmville 2
Candy Crush Soda
Asphalt 8
Netflix
Pandora
etc

All were installed on Aug 13.

I use IOBit Uninstaller and do not have them listed as installed. When reviewing Apps & Features under Settings > System, I see that these are installed on that Aug 13. Yet, the last Windows Update was August 10. Not good.

I realize now that they are part of the Play and Explore section of Windows Metro apps. Ugh!

I can uninstall each of them one by one by right clicking on them and selecting uninstall - on all but one...

"XBOX - Age of Empires" - it does NOT have an uninstall option.

Any other options for uninstalling it?

How does one stop this auto loading of MS Metro apps in Win 10? Need to know for both standard and Pro Win 10, if different.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/60369-how-stop-windows-10-metro-apps-automatically-installing.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm Having Some sort Of A Problem , When installing An App And it installs Successfully, The App isnt Shown on The Start Screen, I Have To Add it Manually . is There Any Way I Can Make All Apps install And Be Pinned Automtically on The Start Screen , Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 Apps Pinned on Start Screen Automatically

According to this article, the automatic pinning that we all learned to love and expect, has been replaced with the need to manually pin each new app to the start screen in Win 8.1 (as you are describing). I didn't know that because I'm not an apps guy but now that you mentioned it...

How to customize the new Start screen in Windows 8.1 | Microsoft - CNET News

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/33407-windows-8-1-apps-pinned-start-screen-automatically.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi.

I would like to automatize cleaning the Windows 10's start menu from all these default pinned apps that I'm not using. I don't want to remove apps, only unpin from from start.

I tried to google help, but didn't find any. There seems to be no command to pin and unpin apps in start menu. Any alternative methods? The information about the configuration of start menu must be stored somewhere, so has anyone found a way to hack this information?

A:How to automatically (cmd/powershell script) unpin all apps in start

I want to do this too and I remember reading of a way, however I might be mistaken. Hopefully, someone will respond and let us know.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/21002-how-automatically-cmd-powershell-script-unpin-all-apps-start.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Basically when I listen to music through foobar winamp any audio player windows sort of regulates my volume / System other lowering automatically my apps volume music Sounds if any other program makes a sound System sound rings Music volume lowers Watching a video on youtube or any other service music volume lowers playing a game Music lowers This problem has persisted through entirely new computers the only thing remaining consistent is my AV receiver different brand video cards as well monitor is hooked into receiver hdmi out and then video card goes into receiver hdmi input so both AMD and Nvidia have done this to me so far I don't recalled if this was an issue before the receiver it's been way too long It was also like this in W and now W I find it weird that this isn't a problem when System Sounds / other apps automatically lowering my music volume I use headphones Only my receiver I've never had this happen with any other component though blu ray player ps xbox etc I've also listened to music on those devices and played a game or w e and it doesn't happen It really seems like a windows issue or driver problem I don't understand how it can't be fixed Usually these are the go to things - The BenQ is the monitor connecting to the receiver other is my headset So I figured I'd ask for help here there's entire articles dedicated to selecting quot Do Nothing quot in the Sound Communications tab to stop this problem Getting tired of reading them Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55306-system-sounds-other-apps-automatically-lowering-my-music-volume.html
Relevancy 50.31%

When I m in the middle of anything - typing in Word or just browsing with the mouse the Start menu pops up IE closes apps start opening and closing i e control panel printer etc It s crazy to watch - like someone has taken control of my computer Xp Windows & Erratic And Behavior Apps Start Pro Close In - Automatically. Open Menu I was given this Dimension PC recently The problem started occurring after I received it even though it never occurred during the years that I used it at my sister s company I checked for viruses but found none I reformatted the hard drive reinstalled Win XP Pro and straight away - it started happening Erratic Behavior In Xp Pro - Windows Apps & Start Menu Open And Close Automatically. again I have Verizon DSL w a DLink router using WEP Windows XP Pro w sp amp Firewall enabled I ve upgraded to the latest bios version chipset firmware drivers etc I ve looked in the event log - there are no errors Someone on the Dell msg bd suggested that I may have speech recognition enabled It didn t appear to be installed but I renamed quot sapisvr exe quot just to be sure Has anyone ever heard of this before I have a few holiday projects that I need to get done and I m desperate The computer is super fast but unusable with this random annoying behavior Thank you mj

A:Erratic Behavior In Xp Pro - Windows Apps & Start Menu Open And Close Automatically.

sounds like the symptoms of some type of virus. wiping the hard drive generally should do the trick. i suppose unless a virus has deeply affected the hard drive that a regular format wont touch.how did you format? did you run a utility that writes zeros on the drive?which deletes all existing partitions?then create a new one? or, did you simply do format c:?if you did format c: at the command prompt, the problem could be a lurking virus on that partition.delete the partition and create a new one either using a startup floppy and the fdisk command at the prompt,or a utility that writes zeros to the drive....for that i use powermax, works with maxtor, WD, and quantum drives,not sure about other brands, a full low level format and reinstallation of windows is what i recommend.run the full low level format.then use the setup cd, that guides tou through creating a new partition andformattinng it for windows{xp} not sure if you can do this with other OS, you made need to create your new partition using a startup floppy and fdisk.http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-D.../Powermax.shtml

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/38032/erratic-behavior-in-xp-pro-windows-apps-start-menu-open-and-close-automatically/
Relevancy 50.31%

My comp is on the fritz When I open an application say IE random menus open mutliple browsers open random typing appears in search fields I ran Panda deep scan files Multiple entries random open apps text sessions different browser in automatically, disinfected Spybot entities quarantined and AdAware nothing found Also I have a BT keyboard and mouse and the keyboard stops responding yes I just replaced the batteries but it still happens Multiple browser sessions open automatically, random text entries in different apps Here s what my HijackThis log looks like now Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus TPSrv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus APVXDWIN EXE C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WinTV Ir exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus PsCtrls exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus PavFnSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe c program files panda software panda titanium antivirus firewall PSHOST EXE C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus psimsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c program files panda software panda titanium antivirus WebProxy exe C Documents and Settings Lauren Goebel Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run APVXDWIN quot C Program Files Panda Software Panda Titanium Antivirus APVXDWIN EXE quot s O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run PPFW c program files panda software panda titanium antivirus firewall PPFW EXE PPFW EXE cmd allowpandarules prod titanium mod flg ver O - HKCU Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup AutoStart IR lnk C Program Files WinTV Ir exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup HP Image Zone Fast Start lnk C Program Fil... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-browser-sessions-open-automatically-random-text-entries-in-different-apps.642520/
Relevancy 49.02%

So the other day my browser was being redirected when clicking on my search results. The browser would also shut off automatically. I downloaded MalwareBytes, AVG and SuperAnti Spyware the only thing they found was Exploit.PDF. Now the AVG components have been removed, so nothing is running that can really protect me, Ive run Highjack this so i have the log files for that. I can log into windows in normal mode, i can browse the internet, after "removing" Exploit.PDF the browser re-direction has been reduced but still occurs as well as shutting down firefox.Any help would be great. ThanksEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Found Exploit.PDF, browser re-directing, browser closing automatically, AVG components stopped

I would try installing Avira Free, updating same...then running a complete scan.http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Anti...nload-6527.html Click on the Softpedia Secure Download (US) button.Although Malwarebytes is a good tool, it cannot find/remove everything that might cause such problems (IMO).Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288067/found-exploitpdf-browser-re-directing-browser-closing-automatically-avg-components-stopped/
Relevancy 49.02%

We are seeing EMET 5.5 closing office applications and IE automatically on Windows 8.1 (64 bit) and Windows 10 (x64 bit) during installation.
Anybody experiencing this issue during installation?
Any suggestions?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b5a9b218-633f-4b01-bee3-0fb93ab83d7f/emet-55-closing-office-applications-and-ie-automatically-on-windows-81-and-windows-10-during?forum=emet
Relevancy 43.43%

Since a few weeks ago after I installed Windows 7 x64 I keep on getting random BSOD but not frequently (number of 3). First one I really didnt paid attention how it happen but the second one was after exiting a game of Counter Strike Global Offensive and entering teamspeak to talk after a few seconds BSOD. The last one i got i searched on the web how to find the error and i manage to get the file and the error state.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff900c5844cf0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff9600031c69d, 0x0000000000000000).

A:BSOD at random times when closing pc or closing browser/applications

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347362-bsod-random-times-when-closing-pc-closing-browser-applications.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I'm having the issue noted above BSODs attribute the crash to either one of two files cdd dll most commonly and win k sys only once Screen turns jagged goes black and then BSOD but only when closing of Warcraft, World Chrome BSOD resizing/closing also when occasionally I've had this crashes happen to me only times in a whole week already World of BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome Warcraft crashes were all succesive BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome but after updating Catalyst drivers it never happened again PC was crash-free for or days thought it may have solved the issue and I could stop worrying about faulty hardware components but yesterday night closing Chrome it happened again I turned off Aero desktop after that just in case The problem is I can't find any Memory dump or minidump for those BSODs even though settings are on for that maybe MEMORY DMP is too large I have free Gb out of on my boot drive I changed it to minidumps just in case Oh also it was already set to overwrite so no idea what's going on Could not find them manually nor could SF Diagnostics tools which I just ran My rig is new only about months old and no hardware changes since The only components coming from my older PC are the boot HDD and graphics card The only thing that's happened is or power outages in December but BSODs started only last week If any hardware components are malfunctioning they are luckily under warranty but I need to determine if that's the case Only other strange thing is that when gathering my rig's data for this post Everest shows my Motherboard as quot Unknown quot I'll double check I installed all drivers Thanks in advance btw great tool that SF Diagnostics I'm no computer wizard but it's quite useful even for an amateur like me

A:BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome

Hi Haxiel.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320966-bsod-when-resizing-closing-world-warcraft-also-when-closing-chrome.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Firefox Closing Ie7 Winfixer Ads And Non Startup Etc Stop Slow And Closing MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes F windows System Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc smss exeF windows system winlogon exeF windows system services exeF windows system lsass exeF windows system svchost exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeF windows Explorer EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeF windows Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc system spoolsv exeF Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEF windows system nvsvc exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEF windows system ctfmon exeC MiRCfullPro mirc exeF Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeF Program Files iTunes iTunes exeF Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeF Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeF Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeF DOCUME Ahmed LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - f program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Startup Norton Disk Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NDD EXEO - Startup Shortcut to NMain lnk F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exeO - Global Startup Norton GoBack lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeO - Global Startup Norton System Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Trusted Zone http loginnet passport comO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - F windows system WPDShServiceObj dllO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - F Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - F Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeO - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - F Program Fil... Read more

A:Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc

well my problem started 2 nights ago when i was browsin the web then i gotten a popup from winantivirus PRO 2006 aking to install and stuff since then my internet explorer has had problems from closing BSOD's winlogon.exe crashing most stuff will not close such as ctfmon.exe in task man and IE7 closes everytime a popup happens abnd the same pop up comes up non stop closing IE7 fyi this is my dads pc and he will murder me i i dont get this fixed ive used 2 anti viruse scanners Kaspersky and norton both cant find the problem norton finds a downloader virus and a .cab file of the installer for winantivirus and .tmp files in the windows/temp folder
so please help me fix this
ty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65736/winfixer-ads-non-stop-ie7-closing-and-firefox-closing-slow-startup-and-etc/
Relevancy 43%

Hello And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum My name is Elise and I ll be glad to help you with your computer problems I will be working on your malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine Please note that whatever repairs we make are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer The cleaning process is not instant Logs can take some time to research so please be patient with me I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible and I will work hard to help see that happen Please reply using the Add Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen Do not start a new topic The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post Unfortunately if I do not hear back Outlook browser, closing, IE Yahoo Slow and closing from you within days I will be forced to close your topic If you still need help after I have closed your topic send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing feel free to create a new one You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites Alternatively you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing this Topic where you can choose email notifications The topics you are tracking are shown here -----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having we would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine If you have not done so include a clear description of the problems you re having along with any steps you may have performed so far If you have already posted a log please do so again as your situation may have changed Use the Add Reply and add the new log to this thread We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine Please perform the following scan Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links Save it to your desktop DDS scrDDS pifDouble click on the DDS icon allow it to run A small box will open with an explaination about the tool No input is needed the scan is running Notepad will open with the results Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results Close the program window and delete the program from your desktop Please note You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run After downloading the tool disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection Run the scan enable your A V and reconnect to the internet Information on A V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log don t forget attach txt Thanks and again sorry for the delay

A:Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing

Hi Elise,
thank you. I ended up getting rid of PC Tools Internet Security and switching to AVG Basic Free. I think most of the major problems went away.
Yahoo has stayed up, Outlook has stayed up, browser seems to work quickly, facebook didn't have floating text and pictures anymore, was able to do some posting, sent some large emails. But, and not exactly sure, IE has frozen up, but not as often. The dds program you had me run this morning froze and I had to do a hard shut off, task mgr didn't respond and the weirdest thing of all, the clock stopped. Can't say I have ever seen that. So I am not sure what exactly is going on, if it really is malware or some setting is messed up. I wasn't able to run video on a site last night. Major improvement since I got rid of PC tools, but not quite right. Sorry, nontechie.

DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17514 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26
Run by Jean at 11:53:53 on 2011-06-23
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3062.2037 [GMT -6:00]
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kodak\AiO\Center\ekdiscovery.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\Syn... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403841/slow-browser-ie-closing-outlook-and-yahoo-closing/
Relevancy 42.14%

About weeks ago it was apparent that laptop was infected with antispyware XP My husband tried to solve it himself without waiting for me I m the problem solver in the house Anyway he purchased Shield Dekuxe which didn t seem to work He downloaded the trial version of StopZilla which found bad things and quarentined them Things were working fine Today things are not working again I can open IE and it will bring up virus, search IE closing, window closing Possible the home page google com but anything typed Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing in the search box or clicked on from the drop down list of frequently visited sites just closes IE I also cannot search The window will open but clicking on anything files folders documents etc immediately closes the window I also cannot find Windows Explorer Shield Deluxe is currently installed StopZilla is uninstalled We have Zone Alarm installed possibly I was doing online chat with Shield Deluxe to get it to work the internet aspect and they said to uninstall ZA as it would interfere with SD I removed ZA using add remove programs from the control panel yet when I restarted the computer ZA started up It is no longer listed in the add remove programs list However viewing All Programs from the start menu shows a folder for Zone Labs Since I can t find Windows Explorer and I can t search I can t find the folder to delete its contents Laptop is a Compaq Presario running Windows XP and currently cannot use the internet due to the above problem I am using laptop for the internet connection to solve these problems Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

A:Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing

Here is my Hijack This log from yesterday:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:53:11 PM, on 11/15/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
F:\Anti Virus\HJTInstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = ;127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - rsion - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AllDial High Speed - {8B79EE88-E62D-4AA8-B530-CC357BA112B7} - C:\Program Files\AllDial High Speed\Toolband.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [brastk] C:\WINDOWS\system32\brastk.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\prog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-virus-ie-closing-search-window-closing.769451/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am using Windows XP Professional Version 2002. When I close an open document in Word, it closes the whole program. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thank you.

Relevancy 42.14%

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

A:BSOD while closing the PC or closing some games, CDD.dll error

Quote: Originally Posted by leinchetzu

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

Obvious to anyone. You have three malware apps running live at the same time. You have Avast, Kaspersky, and AVG.

You need to remove them all and install Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

If you continue to crash even after removing them upload the DMP file as you have old drivers that need updating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200675-bsod-while-closing-pc-closing-some-games-cdd-dll-error.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Newly installed apps. ot appearing in program menu unable to pin apps to start menu.

This happened to me previously and I could find no solution....I eventually created a new admin profile, where newly installed apps appeared in the program menu and I could pin apps tomthe start menu feom a desktopmshortxut etc.

I copied over my video docs pictures and music folders to the new profile. Now a few months later the same thing is happening again. I have created a new admin profile and it all,works fine there. I have searched on the internet and others have the same issue, but of course anything you search for always finds someone else with the same issue...

Hopefully someone can help me with this very annoying problem

A:Newly installed apps. ot appearing in program menu unable to pin apps

UPDATE
actually resolved the issue....I turned on windows update and did a massive update, the start menu looks a little different, maybe a different font, pinned items can only be mace smaller or bigger, used to be an option for long ( didnt use this anyway ) but new apps now showing and pin to start menu works.....so MS fixed it, there is some advantage to updating, have backed up with true image and turned off updating, will back up again before updating next time......the update didnt like GPU-Z and temoved it plus a few other apps and turned defender back on i think.......shutup-10 sorted all this out.....

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/33888-newly-installed-apps-ot-appearing-program-menu-unable-pin-apps.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi As the post title suggests I am having trouble with the modern apps and connectivity It feels like half my computer will connect to the internet and the other half won't Desktop apps like Chrome Steam Outlook iTunes etc all work connecting desktop apps apps Modern not fine. to internet, connect to the internet fine but any of the Windows apps like Xbox Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. Store and most frustratingly Settings will not connect In my Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. network Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. and sharing centre in the control panel it says 'You are not connected to any networks' - but in the system tray and in the settings app it shows me as connected to my home wi-fi I am on a desktop and using a USB wireless adapter I don't think the adapter is the problem as I have tried it on another desktop in our house on Windows and it worked fine Curiously also when I click 'Adapter settings' in the control panel it shows the wifi connection I've tried updating the drivers for the wireless adapter both through the Windows update and adapter website but to no avail and as I mentioned it seems the adapter works fine elsewhere I've updated manually to the latest Windows Pro build i've done a DNS flush I've tried disabling firewalls and anti-virus I've tried disabling startup apps I've done a clean install of Windows and still am unable to fix the issue If anyone has any ideas that might help that would be great I'm happy to provide any more information if people need it Thanks very much

A:Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine.

Is your DNS client service running on your system .

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.In the list of services, click DNS Client.Make sure that the Status column displays Started and that the Startup Type column displays Automatic.If the service is not set to Started or if the startup type for the DNS Client service is not set to Automatic, follow these steps:
Right-click DNS Client, and then click Properties.In the DNS Client Properties dialog box, click the General tab, and then click Automatic in the Startup type list.Click Start, click Apply, and then click OK.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36508-modern-apps-not-connecting-internet-desktop-apps-work-fine.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I was given a Windows 8.1 tablet that once had a detachable keyboard which the guy lost. he reset the whole computer and after I got my information on it instead. After the reset, Windows was no longer activated and I had to reactivate it. which neither of us knows why, it was activated before we did a data factory reset. after I created my user, I installed a bunch of exes. now I go to try to see if I could test out the Windows Store to search for apps. but I search "Windows Store" or "app store" and several other things that may bring it up, but it always says, "no apps match your search" like if the Windows store is missing or somehow magically removed with the reset process. How do I get it back?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588050/unable-to-get-apps-windows-store-no-apps-match-your-search/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I ve been struggling with this problem Internet firefox apps, and for works 3rd IE OS Solved: NOT for or apps party for a few days now The problem is that I do NOT have internet access for firefox chrome dropbox etc but i DO have internet access for IE and certain OS apps like Network Troubleshooter I ve read and tried most of the typical solutions with no avail What I ve Tried Safemode with Networking - same situation I can use IE but not Firefox Chrome etc Reseting Winsock netsh winsock reset etc - didn t work possibly just made matters worse Flushing DNS ipconfig flushdns etc I do NOT have a special proxy and neither firefox nor chrome nor IE are trying to use one I have Solved: Internet works for IE and OS apps, NOT for firefox or 3rd party apps added exceptions in Windows Firewall then just straight up disabled the firewall I have Avira antivirus but it does not contain any firewall features and no place that I can see to add any such exception LSP-Fix exe I tried to fix the LSP registery it found problem from leftover Bonjour dll and I ve repaired it but its changed nothing I ran quick-scan on malwarebytes - found nothing I ran checkdisk and found no errors I have no system restore point Also with firefox I hve tried it in safe-mode and created a new profile but that hasn t changed anything When I try to make a connection with firebug open it says the request was quot aborted quot Because native Microsoft software IE OS software has no problem connecting to the internet I m just trying to figure out what bridge was burned between firefox chrome and the working internet connection It must be at a decently quot low level quot because safe-mode doesn t correct the problem Does anyone hve any new suggestions Or perhaps I am overlooking something obvious with the things I have already tried Thank you so much in advance I really really don t want to have to reformat - I m in law school and don t have the extra time right now HJT Ping IPCONFIG files attached nbsp

A:Solved: Internet works for IE and OS apps, NOT for firefox or 3rd party apps

Ok, so literally nothing was working - I did a "Repair Install" using my windows 7 cd. It took 2 hours, but when it finished up all of my networking was working So, for those of you who are having similar issues, as a last resort I'd give that a shot. Definitely read a few articles about what is required to successfully perform a Repair Install, as you don't want anything going wrong during that process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-works-for-ie-and-os-apps-not-for-firefox-or-3rd-party-apps.1042498/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi Everyone I'm superlulu from France sorry my English I'm installing Windows on new computer for my organization I try to configurate one with fresh install package of apps like Libreoffice VLC etc for users and custom desktop describes in this crash apps Sysprep and and apps default windows tutorial Default User Profile - Customize in Windows - Windows Forums It works fine in audit mode I install apps drivers custom desktop Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash and configure default apps like google chrome for internet browser adobe reader for pdf files etc then I run the command line to enter oobe mode generalize Everything is ok I continue my install Then I create new user local account And when windows starts I have my custom desktop but default apps are removed Microsoft Edge replace Chrome Pdf files are read with Edge etc and Apps Windows like quot Weather quot or quot Actualities quot crash I really don't understand what happened i try many times for same issue Does anyone have an idea Thanks a lot

A:Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash

then I run the command line to enter oobe mode generalize. Everything is ok, I continue my install. Then I create new user local account. And when windows starts, I have my custom desktop but default apps are removed (Microsoft Edge replace Chrome, Pdf files are read with Edge, etc.)

I never tried sysprepping 10 but i have faced similar issues with 8.1. Turned out that you need to save the default app associations to an XML file using DISM (before Generalizing the image ) and later import it.

Export or Import Default Application Associations

Configure, export, import App File Associations in Windows 8.1

I have used "Setupcomplete.cmd" to auto import the app associations during the last face of install.

Add a Custom Script to Windows Setup
You may also need to disable the new app notification before generalizing the image.

New App Installed Notification - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/17255-sysprep-default-apps-windows-apps-crash.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi
i do prefer a local account
but when i try to install new apps from app store
w8.1 asks me to switch to a microsoft account

can i install apps with a local account?
and how can i understand if i have a local account or microsoft account

thanks

A:can i install apps from apps store with a local account?

See the screenshot below for selection you have to make for not to convert your local account to a Microsoft Account:

Windows Store - Sign in with Different Microsoft Account in Windows 8

Screenshot from tutorial Skype App - Use with Local Account in Windows 8.

You of course need an email address (Microsoft Account) but it will only be used for the app in question (Windows Store is also just an app), so in the next dialog either give an existing Microsoft Account credentials or select Sign up for a Microsoft account to create a new one to be used with Store app:

Your Windows sign in account will remain local, it will not be converted to a Microsoft Account.

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48228-can-i-install-apps-apps-store-local-account.html