Windows Support Forum

Windows 10 update results in blue screen with white lines

Q: Windows 10 update results in blue screen with white lines

Windows has been working perfectly on my machine but then in a recent update last month one of the big ones where the screen goes black with a percentage circle of the installation progress the same one as when you upgrade from a previous version of Windows after results 10 Windows screen update white with lines blue in a while the screen Windows 10 update results in blue screen with white lines goes a light blue colour not the BSOD with white lines in the middle of the screen I presume it is a problem with the graphics driver so I have set the option to not update drivers automatically but the problem still occurs when the PC forces the update automatically Has anyone else come across this issue It is a work PC so I'm loathed to do a fresh install as that will take a morning out of my hectic work time nbsp Then I have to use the F key and roll back to nbsp before the update which then takes another hour or so out of my time Why it can't just update in the background like the old days I don't know Any help would be appreciated My frustration is seen in the photo below

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Windows-10-update-results-in-blue-screen-with-white-lines/td-p/5675508
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 10 update results in blue screen with white lines

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 92.88%

I just installed Win x and whenever I open an image jpg the monitor screen goes to blue and white lines with dashed black lines This also occurs on occasion when I open menus or use an application that requires jpg an when to blue,white,blk opening goes Screen lines openGL I did run Video Memory stress Test v to see if there were any problems with my video ram none found I have Screen goes to blue,white,blk lines when opening an jpg had this screen problems before like this but it only occurred in Morrowind otherwise it never happened in windows XP The Screen goes to blue,white,blk lines when opening an jpg computer does not crash it just displays the blue white and black lines for to seconds and then flips back to normal Any help would be appreciated Computer ASUS N N -SLI Deluxe Motherboard AMD X eVGA geForce GT ViewSonic VX wm- driver shows up at ViewSonic VX wm- EDIT Win does not have any display issues over a remote connection from a win xp machine I worked for several hours remotely from home to my office computer and other then a couple of major lag spikes it has worked without a problem

A:Screen goes to blue,white,blk lines when opening an jpg

Hello Tc,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Do you have the latest driver installed for your graphics card? EVGA | Support | Download Drivers

Hope this helps.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/54493-screen-goes-blue-white-blk-lines-when-opening-jpg.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi all, I'm sure my specific issue has been covered, but this is my problem:

I restarted my computer due to running slowly, when it was starting back up, it prompted me to either "Run Startup Repair - recommended" or "Start Windows Normally." When opting the latter, the screen would go black, then go back to the same prompt. When selecting the startup repair, the screen goes to a blue screen with squiggly white lines with a hummingbird and a branch on it (wtf?!) and stays there for a long, long time. Is this repairing? How long do I wait? Is there anything I can do?

I've also tried restarting and trying F8 to get to Last Good Configuration, but that doesn't work either Please help!
TIA!

A:blue screen with squiggly white lines with a hummingbird and a branch

Quote: Originally Posted by GPerry79

Hi all, I'm sure my specific issue has been covered, but this is my problem:

I restarted my computer due to running slowly, when it was starting back up, it prompted me to either "Run Startup Repair - recommended" or "Start Windows Normally." When opting the latter, the screen would go black, then go back to the same prompt. When selecting the startup repair, the screen goes to a blue screen with squiggly white lines with a hummingbird and a branch on it (wtf?!) and stays there for a long, long time. Is this repairing? How long do I wait? Is there anything I can do?

I've also tried restarting and trying F8 to get to Last Good Configuration, but that doesn't work either Please help!
TIA!

Blue screen is a screen for when your computer crashes but no hummingbird. You can check by going to c:\windows\minidump and seeing if there are files with the extension *.dmp. If so upload them to us.

No DMP files included in upload please try this method

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/202395-blue-screen-squiggly-white-lines-hummingbird-branch.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello, I received my laptop today from ebay and I expected it to work 100% and the screen is not showing how it is supposed to be. Is there an attempt on fixing this to make it work back to normal? It only shows red on the blacks and light blue one white.

Here is an example:

A:Solved: HP PAVILION DV7-2185DX Red lines on black screen and light blue on white

I would return it ASAP, looks defective to me.

Good luck on your decision
Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-pavilion-dv7-2185dx-red-lines-on-black-screen-and-light-blue-on-white.964585/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello!

As the title says.

On my new laptop, i use the M.2 drive slot with my Samsung 950 Pro, UEFI boot mode

Yesterday, i tried to connecto my old drive (Win10). After i replugged my M.2 drive and disconnected the Win10 HDD, i got the following screen at boot :

Since then, the machine cannot proceed to desktop unless i press Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Safe mode hangs at ClassPnp.sys

Safe mode boot with boot log enabled does not produce ntbootlog.txt in C:/Windows

Thank you in advance for your help.
PS : If the hang issue is not relative to BSOD sub-forum, please inform me to move thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/402015-boot-hang-windows-logo-white-horizontal-lines-top-screen.html
Relevancy 77.4%

on my 26" samsung LCD tv, which i use as a moniter.. when i move things around those white boxes in the screenshot appear, it seems as if the screen is ripping apart... also white/red/blue lines keep flickering all over the place on the monitor, especially on dark colours... whats wrong?

A:White/Red/Blue Lines flickering and other problems

Try taking your Graphics Card out if possible, if it works when you take that out then get it replaced either if its under warranty or buying a new one.

If that doesn't solve the problem try using a different Monitor, if this Monitor works then obviously get your Monitor replaced by Samsung

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-red-blue-lines-flickering-and-other-problems.108307/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi White screen lines PC the across I just bought a new PC It have two GPUs one on I cpu and GeForce GTX After new installation of Windows everything was ok I have installed all drivers for the motherboard and for the GPU I started to have problems when I wanted to try to play any White lines across the PC screen newer games I installed DirectX drivers and some Windows Redistributable Packages before running the game Just when the game menu should open I lost signal on my monitor I could here the sound but there was no signal So I have rebooted the PC Since then I have white horizontal lines across the screen They White lines across the PC screen appear from the beginning of the booting process Also in BIOS I heared from my friend that the cause can be White lines across the PC screen possibly that the game changed my resolution and refresh rate for HD HZ and high resolution which my older - years monitor can t handle So here are the thing which I tried to do for now - I uninstalled the drivers with software designed for this purpose both in normal and in safe mode and installed them again There was no difference Even when there are no drivers I get white lines - I downloaded drivers from nvidia website and installed them but since then I get in normal mode not white lines but big white squares big white quot pixels quot and the screen freeze few seconds after logging in to windows In safe mode I have white lines - I run the PC in low resolution mode I have white lines or squares but the screen don t freeze However it doesn t solve anything at all In this mode I tried to change settings of nvidia drivers PPM on desktop but I see they are set for resolution or below and Hz at least in low resolution mode When I enter resolution settings the only refresh rate I can set is quot default quot When I go back to normal mode I get big white squares again and freeze - I removed the GeForce card entirely from the PC and booted without In this case PC uses GPU on CPU and everything is working well - no white lines When I plug the GeForce again in the PC - lines again - I can t check settings of GeForce card drivers and do anything with them when the card is out When the card is inside in normal mode where I could do something I get freeze after few seconds So my question is how can I check if the HD resoluton and refresh rate is the problem and how to change it preferably not in normal mode Best regards Volriker nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-lines-across-the-pc-screen.1158122/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,

Since yesterday I have been seeing white lines across the screen of my laptop. I have a Sony Vaio CR120E early 2008 model. The white lines/band running horizontally across the screen is not permanent, and goes off if point pressure is applied from the top coverside of the screen, or on the face of the screen.

I did , open my laptop monitor and checked the data connection to the screen and the power supply, and they both look ok, although still on applying pressure the white lines go on and off.

Now I am not sure, it is an issue with the ribbon of my monitor or whole LCD monitor. Do note, that the lcd monitor do works fine sometimes. Please advise.

Ritz.

A:White lines across the screen

Hi ritz1980 :wave: Welcome

Mailpup has move your post to a more appropriate forum.
Hopefully you will get the help you need here.

You may find these to be helpful links...

How to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.
System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

Other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-lines-across-the-screen.154339/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey guys The problem is that when I boot up my computer white lines appear all over the screen It began all screen Lines White over happening after my computer crashed with white squares all over the screen The white square crash happened before but all I had to do was restart my computer to fix it Though this time the restart did not fix it I've tried downloading new drivers but no luck I have re-seated my graphics White Lines all over screen card but no luck All the fans seem to be working I also can't boot into normal mode as it crashes with the white squares after I get past the Windows XP loading screen Though sometimes I can occasional get into Normal mode though the white lines are still all over the place The white lines stay when I boot into Safe mode too I have no idea what the problem is I hope someone can help me Specs Graphics Card Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX Ti PSU W Processor I cant remember the exact model of the processor but I remember the start - AMD Anthlon II X Motherboard I cant remember the exact model of the motherboard White Lines all over screen either but the make is Gigabyte Ram GB

A:White Lines all over screen

Have you tried a different monitor?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/white-lines-all-over-screen-656020.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a HP laptop, workng fin this morning. turned on tonight and the screen had thick black line running down the screen and fading off from it is a white and different colors lines runing down screen. what could be the problem/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-has-white-lines-524779.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I'm almost positive it's not a driver issue, as I have updated, rolled back and reupdated the GPU and monitor's drivers.

Recently, blue lines start to appear a few pixels to the right of thin black areas (more often than not, text and the mouse cursor), but only if white is the background. I'd demonstrate with a screen shot, but the monitor itself does this, not the software. I might take a picture with my cell phone to post it up if need be.

It happens randomly and it stops on its own as well, but I have not been able to find the cause. It's not as if I've been doing heavy gaming lately that my GPU would react harshly. Does anyone have some thoughts?

A:Solved: G50VT-X1 Laptop: vertical blue lines appear randomly over white spaces

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-g50vt-x1-laptop-vertical-blue-lines-appear-randomly-over-white-spaces.908818/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have never seen a screen like this in the years I've had my own computer I had Windows on a secondary drive as a dual boot with Windows temporarily as I migrated to Windows I somehow messed up either the boot loader or somehow corrupted the Win install for which I'll skip the details for now But it was just as I was starting to decommission my Win install I removed one drive from the -drive mirror running Win but figuring the single disk left would still run in a 'degraded' status It ended up messing something up I've been running bootrec fixmbr fixboot Death on Vertical of Screen' Lines 'White Screen Orange scanos and rebuildBCD from my Win USB stick and it says it completed but no luck on booting I get either xc or xc 'White Vertical Lines on Orange Screen' Screen of Death a errors Auto repair can't fix it I tried running this command quot bcdboot c windows s c quot and got the screen shown in the attachment White vertical lines on an orange background The only drives connected is the Win SSD sata drive and a DVD drive on IDE I disconnected the DVD drive and the Win flash screen would appear with the circular dots but would freeze right there I don't have logs or screenshots to show but the single partition on the SSD is marked as active via diskpart no system reserve partition bcdedit shows c windows as the default location of the OS diskpart shows the partition as c but the DVD drive is disk and the SSD is disk Would that be a problem It is like it can't find the winload exe file but I verified it exists Any 'White Vertical Lines on Orange Screen' Screen of Death help is appreciated

A:'White Vertical Lines on Orange Screen' Screen of Death

Have you tried putting the removed drive back in?

It looks like a video card problem (hardware) to me - but it shouldn't be that because you're able to use the USB Startup Repair functions (am I right in this assumption?). That means (to me) that it's likely to be a video driver problem (?).

Can you attempt to boot into Safe Mode? If so, what happens?
Does the screen problem show up after POST is completed? If so, at what point does it show up?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/20222-white-vertical-lines-orange-screen-screen-death.html
Relevancy 73.96%

About months ago seemingly out of nowhere a black spot appeared on my screen I have had this laptop for about years with no problems until the spot showed up I presumed it was dead pixels but was and Spots White on Screen Lines unable to fix it myself The spot has now escalated into a huge white area with multiple blue and pink lines running both horizonatally and vertically I have to struggle with the screen just to keep it from constantly turning pink and or blue I've attached a photo of what my screen currently looks like put against a black background so you can better see the issue It's very frustrating that it keeps getting worse even though I'm being as careful as I possibly can White Spots and Lines on Screen with my computer This is my last ditch effort to see if there's possibly any solution to this problem before I just buy a new laptop altogether It seems like a better solution than having my LCD display replaced which I know is very expensive Thank you for any and all help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-Spots-and-Lines-on-Screen/td-p/5630732
Relevancy 73.96%

I have HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC 13-4007na, i have recently noticed white think vertical lines appearing on the screen. my warranty has expired April this year. my laptop freezes when these lines appear and they come and go.Can somebody help me please as I am not sure what to do. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/white-vertical-lines-on-the-screen/td-p/5758248
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a laptop with a touchscreen and almost a year after buying it I would get black places with vertical white stripes on the screen Sometimes they took up the whole screen sometimes they were only an inch thick They always seemed to be changing in size quickly and were always the full length of the screen A computer mechanic said it was a short in the screen It happened especially when I tilted the screen I sent it in under warranty and they replaced the LCD and updated the BIOS Less than a week later it is starting to do it again just a little but it seems and lines black screen on White like it will get worse I do a lot of MS office for school and my sister plays the Sims and free tv sites but she doesn t download anything Please let me know if you need White and black lines on screen anymore information and provide specific steps on how to get it because I haven t gotten this lingo down yet Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free White and black lines on screen - MB Motherboard Acer MA HW Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

A:White and black lines on screen

I sent it in under warranty and they replaced the LCD and updated the BIOS. Less than a week later it is starting to do it againClick to expand...

Send it in again; clearly they did not fix the problem if it is starting to occur again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-and-black-lines-on-screen.1148906/
Relevancy 73.1%

I use Windows 7 Home Premium SP1.

I started using a new 17" 4:3 monitor. Afterwards, two white vertical lines (borders ?) appear on the two sides of the black content area of a few program windows when maximized.

For instance (IrfanView, whole screen): http://drkh.myweb.hinet.net/white_bo...ng_monitor.jpg

Is that normal?

The old monitor was also 17" and 4:3, but there were not those two lines.

Even if it's normal, I'd rather not see them. Can they be hidden?

I have tried "Personalize > Windows Color > Advanced appearance settings > select Border Padding from under Item > change size from 5 to 0". But that seems irrelevant.

A:Two white vertical lines on screen unseen before

It looks like the edges of the IrfanView window to me (i.e. I see them when I run IrfanView).

As far as I'm aware you can only get rid of them by going to "Full screen" view.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365718-two-white-vertical-lines-screen-unseen-before.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Toshiba Satellite 1805, what would cause a no-boot, no-beep, no-bios screen condition, where all I see is a black screen with a white line on the left. I hear fans, lights show for power, battery, charging, etc. Will not boot from CD, nothing. Is it the screen or something? Is it worth even repairing?

A:Laptop - white lines on screen, no boot

check it out, use the charts to determine your best route of solving the problem

http://www.daileyint.com/hmdpc/repair.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-white-lines-on-screen-no-boot.708646/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a problem with my Windows XP Desktop, there are blue lines on the top of the screen and the task bar was missing but I managed to pull it up from the bottom so its back again.
Sometimes half of the screen goes white and then normal. When it does go back to normal the top part where the line is crossed is working but the bottom half is not, like its frozen there. The mouse cursor moves really slowly.
However for a little bit the screen goes normal (although the blue line is still flickering) and I can open IE.

Please help? I have no idea what's happening.

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello everyone my computer that I built two years ago seems to be having some trouble that started over night.

The Problem:
When I start up the computer, white horizontal (almost bar code like) lines cover the screen. (Image uploaded). Some times it will bsod when i try log in some times it does not. Also the white lines are still there even in safe mode.

Computer SpecsGraphics Card: Geforce gtx 560
Processor: AMD Phenom II x6
Motherboard: MSI MS-7640
8GB of RAM

BSOD error log uploaded

EDIT: Also seems that the resolution has been reduced from 1920x1080 to a lower resolution. (graphics card dieing?)

Thank you

A:Horizontal White Lines on Screen, Some times bsod when I try log in.

Sounds like a video card issue.

Go through the steps mentioned on this thread: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a7ab4e0, fffff880131d2a88, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800a7ab4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880131d2a88, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
+0
fffff880`131d2a88 0000 add byte ptr [rax],al

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0799b9c8 fffff880`06f47000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0a7ab4e0 fffff880`131d2a88 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0799b9d0 00000000`00000116 : fffffa80`0a7ab4e0 fffff880`131d2a88 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : 0xfffff880`06f47000
fffff880`0799b9d8 fffffa80`0a7ab4e0 : fffff880`131d2a88 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : 0x116
fffff880`0799b9e0 fffff880`131d2a88 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`0a7ab4e0
fffff880`0799b9e8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`06f46d0a : 0xfffff880`131d2a88
STACK_COMMAND: kb

SYMBOL_NAME: ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272560-horizontal-white-lines-screen-some-times-bsod-when-i-try-log.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys, first of all sorry for my bad english. I own an old TravelMate 5730 which presents a singular problem.While booting, screen presents white horizontal lines that disappear gradually in about 10 seconds.If i turn the PC in standby and then I wake it up, the problem reoccurs but after some seconds the PC starts working normally. Furthermore it doesn't present the problem until next boot. I cannot enter BIOS or Boot Mený due to this problem. See the attached video to understand the problem better.Thanks all in advance.

A:TravelMate 5730, white lines on screen while booti...

I own an old TravelMate 5730 which presents a singular problem.While booting, screen presents white horizontal lines that disappear gradually in about 10 seconds.If i turn the PC in standby and then I wake it up, the problem reoccurs but after some seconds the PC starts working normally. Furthermore it doesn't present the problem until next boot. I cannot enter BIOS or Boot Mený due to this problem. See the attached video to understand the problem better.Thanks all in advance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/TravelMate-5730-white-lines-on-screen-while-booting/td-p/433609/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys, first of all sorry for my bad english. I own an old TravelMate 5730 which presents a singular problem.While booting, screen presents white horizontal lines that disappear gradually in about 10 seconds.If i turn the PC in standby and then I wake it up, the problem reoccurs but after some seconds the PC starts working normally. Furthermore it doesn't present the problem until next boot. I cannot enter BIOS or Boot Mený due to this problem. See the attached video to understand the problem better.Thanks all in advance.

A:TravelMate 5730, white lines on screen while booti...

I own an old TravelMate 5730 which presents a singular problem.While booting, screen presents white horizontal lines that disappear gradually in about 10 seconds.If i turn the PC in standby and then I wake it up, the problem reoccurs but after some seconds the PC starts working normally. Furthermore it doesn't present the problem until next boot. I cannot enter BIOS or Boot Mený due to this problem. See the attached video to understand the problem better.Thanks all in advance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/TravelMate-5730-white-lines-on-screen-while-booting/td-p/433609
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a probook that was upgraded to Windows 10 and has been working fine for a few weeks.  Today as we boot it goes right to an orange screen with white vertical lines.  I have run some system diagnostics (F2) and everything seems to pass and then looked at the BIOs (F10) and again it seems fine.  When I try to boot to safe mode (F8) it won't do anything - goes back to the orange screen.  I have limited knowledge and am trying what I have found on searching the internet.  Do I have any hope of fixing this or do I need to take it in?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Probook-450-G1-boots-to-Orange-Screen-with-White-Lines/td-p/5690192
Relevancy 72.24%

I had just clicked into some video on youtube when the screen suddenly became filled with lines like this:
(This bar is now at the top of my desktop)

(This is my start menu)

I clicked around a few times and it eventually went away. However, my start menu and desktop still has these lines.

Does anyone know what they are and how I can get rid of them?

Relevancy 71.81%

I'm back again; this time with an issue on my desktop. I always set the monitor to power off after sitting idle for a few hours. This morning when I tried to use it; the monitor flashed white then went to a black screen with progressively brighter vertical colored lines in different groups across the screen. We powered it off; disconnected the monitor connector and reconnected - still get a white screen on start up then the black screen with color lines that grow brighter and brighter as time goes on. I have onboard video with this machine - praying its not that. I've read other posts here about the lines; OR the white screen but not both. Any ideas friends?

Miss Joss at a loss

A:Solved: White Screen then Multicolor Vertical Lines on Dell LCD

Solved this myself - and am very glad it was what I thought rather than the onboard vid. Plugged in another monitor and worked just fine. So my monitor is toast - found a great one on sale today so I'm all set. Happy Holidays everyone ...

Joss no longer at a loss

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-white-screen-then-multicolor-vertical-lines-on-dell-lcd.884778/
Relevancy 71.81%

My specs OS Windows Ultimate -bit booting when lines screen, error normally, on BSOD White 0x00000116 CPU Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Motherboard ASRock Z Pro RAM GB x GB Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX manufactured by SPARKLE All parts are approximately - years old So before things went downhill I had already had a few crashes when playing CS GO where White lines on screen, BSOD when booting normally, error 0x00000116 the screen would go completely black with a bunch of white squares then freeze requiring a reboot This was a few days ago Yesterday it happened again but now things are worse as there White lines on screen, BSOD when booting normally, error 0x00000116 are now white horizontal lines filling the screen as soon as I start up the computer seems similar to what White lines on screen, BSOD when booting normally, error 0x00000116 happened in this thread except the lines are horizontal and not blue Anyway my computer won't get past the windows logo when booting up normally getting a BSOD with the error x and saying something about the graphics card trying to recover something and timing out When running in safe mode which I am currently doing it boots up but the white lines are still there I have the latest drivers for my GPU installed and I've tried cleaning the PCI slot from dust as well as switching slots none of which helped Is my graphics card dying or is there something else going on System info and such is attached edit reinstalled graphics drivers once more using the Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall this time and updated system dump Also noted that when I restarted computer after uninstalling GPU drivers but before reinstalling them I could start up normally without a BSOD although the white lines were still present Also for some reason when starting in safe mode now the white lines disappear but instead the coloring is all messed up looking a bit like Win

A:White lines on screen, BSOD when booting normally, error 0x00000116

That looks like your GPU could be on it's way out.
The easiest way to test is to plug your monitor into the onboard graphics (provided your board has onboard).
If everything is okay when plugged into onboard then it's your GPU that's faulty and probably needs replacing I'm afraid.
Try the onboard test and see if everything works okay.
If it's still the same then it could be your monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378670-white-lines-screen-bsod-when-booting-normally-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I ve been having some weird oddities with my computer as of late Completely at odd white lines. card my - screen, dying? Black graphics Is random my screen will go black for around - seconds before eventually coming back on again and I m noticing some weird small white horizontal lines randomly appearing across my monitor for about half a Is my graphics card dying? - Black screen, odd white lines. second then disappearing At first I thought I was seeing things but a friend of mine can back me up on this It seems to start and stop randomly but I think it s getting worse Often the screen will go black come back on and then the process repeats several times before it seems to settle down back to normal again The white lines appear while the computer is doing this but not when the screen has gone back They dot all around the screen it s very hard to describe them it doesn t look good anyway I am convinced this is Is my graphics card dying? - Black screen, odd white lines. not my monitor I have a funny feeling it s my Nvidia GTS graphics card bugging out I ve checked the fan and the temperatures and all seems fine I ve re-installed the drivers and it still happens I ve dusted and re-inserted the card no dice It seems to happen completely at random and it s bugging me Has anyone had a similar problem before or might have a clue what is causing this I was planning on upgrading my machine in March anyway but I was hoping my GPU might last a little longer I ve had it for two years or so now Cheers nbsp

A:Is my graphics card dying? - Black screen, odd white lines.

I'd be interested to know what your fps benchmark is. evga oc scanner is good. I have dual 460 gtx and the benchmark is around 95 fps. When I installed these in a new board my screen would go black when I paused for anything i.e. to agree to a download. I get a small vertical line loading a game but it didn't worry me for some reason. My benchs are ok, not impressive. After 2 or 3 restarts it hasn't frozen since. If your temps are good and it benchmarks ok I don't know enough and I'm not confident enough to answer questions. Somebody will help you. They put up with me. This is the best forum I've been on yet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-graphics-card-dying-black-screen-odd-white-lines.1039135/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi there, I've recently been experiencing a problem with my HP Pavilion laptop (running Vista Home 32bit), every so often the screen will just turn black with some white diagonal lines running across it. It will then not respond to any commands and will force me to reboot and lose anything I was working on, please can anyone help me as I've lost work twice now due to this problem.

Many thanks,

Will

A:Strange black and white lines on screen force reboot

Defective screen. We see lots of them. Failed. Same symptom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-black-and-white-lines-on-screen-force-reboot.104912/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have an Inspiron 11.  Last night I upgraded the memory to 8gb (Crucial 8GB Single DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL11 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Notebook Memory CT102464BF160B) and when I try to boot, it won't bring up Windows...the screen looks like it freezes.  I've tried the diagnostics, same problem.  It's not at a consistent time.  Sometimes it goes a little further, but it never makes it to the Windows screen.  Once I put back the old memory it works fine.  I get that it's a memory problem, but I thought I read that the memory I purchased worked for others.  So I'm wondering if there's something I can do to get it to work for me. 
I'm not a technical guy (as your probably figured out).  Just a guy who likes to screw around and learn. 

A:Upgraded Memory Won't boot (screen goes black with white lines)

Hi BILLYV1084,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Can you check the new memory modules on another system?
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id so that we can check on the system configuration.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983595
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi again I previously posted on this issue so there are images and a bottom on to recede horizontal withi... white that screen lines complete description from my post a few days ago Briefly when the laptop has white horizontal lines on screen that recede to bottom withi... been shut down or sleeping for more than a few hours there are white horizontal lines on the bottom part of the screen that slowly recede completely to the bottom The lines do not show up on an external monitor running in duplicate mode nbsp nbsp I have removed the screen twice now and checked reseated the connections at the screen and under the keyboard The problem persists nbsp I flashed the BIOS a few days ago and the problem persists nbsp The webcam mic and WWAN WLAN are all in perfect working condition and the computer works extremely well aside from this screen issue nbsp Before I drop any more money on this used laptop my only question at this point is does this sound like strictly a screen display cable issue If it was a motherboard problem would I be seeing other problems If it's the graphics card going bad would I be seeing other problems Like I said white horizontal lines on screen that recede to bottom withi... the white horizontal lines on screen that recede to bottom withi... computer works perfectly once it's operating nbsp nbsp Anybody have any helpful ideas

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/white-horizontal-lines-on-screen-that-recede-to-bottom/td-p/5621810
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi my monitor has been acting really weird over the past few weeks After a few minutes of use lines appear on the screen and the image starts to jump and distort Other times I turn it on and a portion of the screen freezes and fades to black to white and back Lines appear of black white on monitor, to fade screen parts then to a dark gray During the fading there is a background to it which almost looks like a paper behind the screen During the whole thing all software works fine dragging windows between monitors etc I took a video of it and posted it Lines appear on monitor, parts of screen fade to white then black to Lines appear on monitor, parts of screen fade to white then black youtube here http www youtube com watch v i P Y A tM I have a Dell XPS i with dual nvidia gt s My monitor with the problem is a ViewSonic Optiquest Q wb and my second monitor which works perfectly is a ViewSonic VA Both of these are going into a IoGear GCS U KVM Switch between of my computers The problem occurs on Windows Vista SP Windows XP SP and Ubuntu all updates completely I m using the latest drivers for all my hardware The problem is temporarily solved for a few minutes by unplugging the monitor and plugging it back in Simply turning it off and on has no effect Does anybody have any ideas Or any other info I should provide Thanks in advance Nick nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

When I boot Vista, 4 on 5 times, I have a black screen with a corrupted white line at the top after the loading dots and before the animated logo like this screen and the computer hangs on this screen and sometimes Vista load NORMALLY and the computer behaves normally without any more hangs. until I shut it off.

The corrupted line at the top could change of appearance and length from one reboot to another...

Here is my config:

Dual Core E8500 @ original specs (3Ghz)
Nvidia 9800GT 512mb NOT overclocked
4 GB RAM at 800Mhz
640 GB WD SATA3
Bios in safe or optimized setup
Vista 32 bits SP1

A:Black screen (with top white lines) locks before animated logo

I just discovered that now, it's becoming an inconsistent boot, after few tries with different boot setting (in F8), it may or may not enter Vista normally, and never with the same option... but I can ALWAYS enter the safe mode boot and the one with networking

If it's hardware related, it seems suspicious because once I'm IN vista with a successfull attempt, there is NO MORE trouble: I can stay on Vista for long period, work with very demanding softwares (like photoshop) or 3D games without any more hangs...

I already tried without success:
- a full defragmentation
- Hijack software
- two anti-malware programs
- the recovery repair disk
- CCleaner
- disable the UAC

I'm really desesperate...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/266934-black-screen-top-white-lines-locks-before-animated-logo.html
Relevancy 70.95%

6 inch thick white lines down my laptop screen. 2 of them are solid white the others are fairly transparent but very noticeable, spaced out across the whole screen. The laptop itself works perfectly and the lines have been there a long time. There was only 1 to start with but its gotten worse over time. I am using an external monitor and play games a fair amount without any problems. I am wondering is this a screen or inverter issue or will i need a new motherboard for my laptop for a new graphics chip?

A:6 inch thick white lines down my screen but laptop works fine?

If you know about how to open inside the laptop, first check out the connection cable is seated properly between screen and mobo. But mostly times, you have to replace screen. There is no problem on Motherboard and screen inverter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/6-inch-thick-white-lines-down-my-screen-but-laptop-works-fine.875842/
Relevancy 70.95%

So when I was in school last night we had a power outage and when I got home from school and restarted my PC windows would not load I can get into the bios and boot options screen but nothing to do with windows itself When I try to load windows the screen just goes black with a bunch of flashing horizontal white lines randomly around the screen Lines my Screen Outage Power PC.....Black Horizontal HELP! l White Killed If I try a recovery disk it HELP! Power Outage Killed my PC.....Black Screen Horizontal l White Lines will first go black with a cursor in the corner for a couple minutes that reverts back to the horizontal white lines When I run diagnostics the harddrive fails and gets a error code I would like to fix the pc itself but will settle for a way to get files from the hard drive I'm a gamemaker and was weeks away from releasing my first game years of work and over custom images drawn by me Any information will be great because I have noidea what happened

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624896/help-power-outage-killed-my-pcblack-screen-horizontal-l-white-lines/
Relevancy 70.95%

about a half an hour ago my laptop acer ferrari one started to behave strangely, at the beginning only a couple horizontal white line started to move up and down on my screen. Sometimes it gets worse and can't use the laptop at all but most of the time is mild. the laptop is new, was bought this year in february, the lcd screen broke once due to unknown reasons (my husband thinks is delamination) and it was changed about a month a go so that's new too....no idea why ot behaves like that it has never been droped, or wet or anything i take good care of it.
Thanks
Ana
ps now i have no image left on the laptop, it's grey....

A:Acer Ferrari one LCD screen makes movable horizontal white lines

just to add the damage to the previous lcd had the appearance of liquid damage, but we are 100% sure that no liquid was spilt on the machine and there were no signs of liquid ingress or disruption when the unit was stripped to replace the lcd (strangeley liquid damage was what acer decided and refused to provide me evidence). Anyway further information, we have a display out of the vga port so i pressume it isnt the graphics card. the vga cable has been traced checked for snags or squishes and appears fine and both ends are clean, undamaged and plugged in properly.

the flickering white lines occured over a period of 30-60 mins and gradually worsened untill we were left with a gray screen, Does this sound like a LCD failiure bearing in mind it does have a long warranty but is an ebay item?

Cheers Brett (ana's husband)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-ferrari-one-lcd-screen-makes-movable-horizontal-white-lines.155732/
Relevancy 70.95%

So recently my computer has been crashing to a white or black screen with horizontal colored lines running accross it. I'm told it may be because i changed my page file size but i set it to a safe limit that should not be affecting it. I'v also been told it could be graphics card related, so i updated my drivers.

Specs:
Emachines EL1200-o5
Nvidia Gforce 6150SE
AMD Athlon 2650
2.7 gigs of ram

Also i changed my page file to 2.7 which i'm told is a safe amount for my computer.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/comp-crash-to-white-black-screen-with-horizontal-colored-lines-609449.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Our computer restarts when exiting restarts sleep, Computer when on exiting screen. lines white [SOLVED] sleep mode Upon restart there are static white lines flashing on the screen and I get the Windows Error Recovery screen where it says windows failed to start I can launch startup repair or start windows normally A week or so ago we had this same error screen pop up but I chose Start Windows Normally and it seemed to boot fine Now when choosing to start windows normally I either get a blank black screen with these lines flashing or it comes back to the same Windows Error Recovery [SOLVED] Computer restarts when exiting sleep, white lines on screen. screen with the flashing lines still there For a long time now the computer would start to buzz once in awhile only for a bit Right now it has that louder than normal buzz and it is steady It is a Dell Inspiron AMD system running Windows Vista Home Basic I [SOLVED] Computer restarts when exiting sleep, white lines on screen. do have the Operating System quot reinstallation quot DVD Any help would be greatly appreciated An update I just tried to start it up normally once more and it got to desktop this time but now there [SOLVED] Computer restarts when exiting sleep, white lines on screen. are vertical lines and other horizontal lines kind of flashing on the screen The loud buzzing is there too

A:[SOLVED] Computer restarts when exiting sleep, white lines on screen.

Hi it may be a issue with your graphics if you hook it up to a external monitor does it do the same

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-restarts-when-exiting-sleep-white-lines-on-screen-549619.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all The screen of my Inspiron randomly becomes completely covered in white fuzzy lines the entire screen There is no particular pattern for when this happens It sometimes happens as soon as I log in and begin typing and or clicking on the mouse pad and on other occasions I can use the laptop for a good randomly in screen Inspiron lines horizontal covered 3520 fuzzy white hour or two before it happens Today for example I used the laptop for minutes and it happened times with each occasion lasting about - seconds in duration However yesterday I used the laptop for over an hour and it didn t happen at all I imagine this is a hardware problem relating Inspiron 3520 screen randomly covered in white fuzzy horizontal lines to a wire connecting the screen as it only happens when I m actually using Inspiron 3520 screen randomly covered in white fuzzy horizontal lines the laptop to type or surf the web etc I can watch a film on the laptop for a straight hours and it won t happen once so long as I don t touch the machine So I m thinking that possibly the mild vibrations caused by me pressing the keys and or mouse pad are causing a wire to disconnect or become lose It doesn t matter if the laptop is hot or cold it s indiscriminate I have ran all the applicable tests on SupportAssist and no issue is found I ve also updated all drivers About months ago I upgraded from Windows to and the problem stopped for a short while so I was hopeful it had been a software glitch However it Inspiron 3520 screen randomly covered in white fuzzy horizontal lines soon started again and now it s happening so frequently the laptop is basically useless other than for watching films clips Any ideas suggestions guys Many thanks

A:Inspiron 3520 screen randomly covered in white fuzzy horizontal lines

If that's the cause, then the image should be ok on an external screen - that would be the first thing to check.  
If it's not, the problem is with the mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993371
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi nbsp nbsp I updated even After Update ... - persist Problem White Screen Windows 10 to windows and after a couple of hours the main display of my laptop went white but my second White Screen After Windows 10 Update - Problem persist even ... screen which I use with an HDMI cable is still working nbsp Here is a screenshot - Screen one is showing white and I am typing this on screen nbsp continue below picture nbsp nbsp nbsp I have updated my drivers in the Device Manger but probelm still White Screen After Windows 10 Update - Problem persist even ... persists here is my specs for screens and link for full White Screen After Windows 10 Update - Problem persist even ... continue below picutre nbsp nbsp Full Specshttp speccy piriform com results ZRXCgJC x PrsszxBodRVhn nbsp From my understanding white screens is the LCD cables yet this probelm started after Windows update so I am reluctant to think it is that My Laptop is still under warranty but dont want to send it in if there is no need as I need it for work nbsp I have found information online saying that an Image Restore wont work but I have one and can try it if needs be nbsp Other information found online says my computer has basically forgotten that I have a main display to output the information to and render the screen and that is why my second screen works perfectly and I might be able to solve this with booting from save mode and trying to repair it from there yet I have never done that and dont want to cause more problems doing things like that nbsp What might be the best way to move forward with this problem ie nbsp Is there a way to check LCD cables without taking apart the computer Don't want to do this and don't think it is the fault nbsp Will system restore help nbsp nbsp Where Who should I contact for help in this regard nbsp Thank you for any help provided and please tell me if you require any other info to assist I would really like to fix the problem myself instead of taking it to a guy or HP nbsp nbsp whitescreenUser nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/White-Screen-After-Windows-10-Update-Problem-persist-even/td-p/5700401
Relevancy 68.37%

hi i have some problems with my windows 7 screen.it shows some weird streching lines from the icons.theres morenes in the right of my windows 7 dekstop and in my start menu,how can i fix it.i could see good with the lines but the lines are annoying,i apreciate any help..theres an attachtment from the problem i have.

Relevancy 67.51%

I wish I was less of a layperson and I apologize for this My laptop is my oxygen It is incredibly stops google Ad results Windows to goes working blue host Vista sites, search redirects and engine windows screen also to slow and performing a google search will pull up relevent links but when I choose any of them it will redirect to an ad page which has nothing to do with the link I was trying to reach My McAfee antivirus locks up right before it can resolve the problem Windows Vista redirects google search engine results to Ad sites, also windows host stops working and goes to blue screen Malwarebytes recognized one severe adware virus but locked up after choosing to Windows Vista redirects google search engine results to Ad sites, also windows host stops working and goes to blue screen delete it AAAARRRGHHH My Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Vista redirects google search engine results to Ad sites, also windows host stops working and goes to blue screen Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files HP HP Wireless Comfort Mobile Mouse TSR xDaemon exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Amazon Amazon Games amp Software Downloader AmazonGSDownloaderTray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files LEGO Company LEGO Digital Designer LDD exe C Program Files Airhogs AirhogsFlightSimFullVersion AirhogsLauncher exe C Program Files iWin Games iWinGames exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil h ActiveX exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http slickdeals net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStu... Read more

A:Windows Vista redirects google search engine results to Ad sites, also windows host stops working and goes to blue screen

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!These instructions have been specifically tailored to your computer and the issues you are experiencing with your computer. It's important to note that these instructions are not suitable for any other computer, even if the issues are fairly similar.Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create an OTL ReportPlease do... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384217/windows-vista-redirects-google-search-engine-results-to-ad-sites-also-windows-host-stops-working-and-goes-to-blue-screen/
Relevancy 67.51%

Today I booted my computer up to be promoted with a black screen I gave it a good half an hour before forcing it to shutdown to which when I booted it back up Was then promoted with a blue screen about the video card not being able to lead that happened twice I then booted it into safe mode fiddled around with the drivers to see what was going Blue - Multiple 7300 down LE - screen death screen. of lines Geforce on after restarting it again I got Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen. the same black screen this kept on happening I then concluded my best solution was to install XP this worked the video card runs So the card is not Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen. dead but there are multiple blue Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen. lines going down the screen in columns After going into the device manager I saw that it claimed it was not installed then I went to Google and downloaded the driver after installing the computers goes to the same black screen that I got on windows I have no clue what the problem is so any help would be most appreciated Also I tried installing Linux but after getting though then loading screen of the installer it goes to the black screen At the moment in am on my tablet so sorry if there are so many mistakes I'll try and get some photos of how it looks PC Specs - Dell Dimension E - Intel pentium D - gb Ram - Nvidia Geforce LE Photos N A Thank you any help will be hugely appreciated Sean Hall

A:Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen.

Hi Sean,

I don't like to say it, but it sounds like the graphics card is dead. I had the same issue on an old 8800gts, it would work until I installed the drivers, then I would get very bad artifacts/lines down the screen.
I tried it on 2 different PC's with the same end result once the drivers were installed.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/287374-geforce-7300-le-blue-screen-death-multiple-lines-down-screen.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, I'm having trouble with seeing when loading windows. When I first turn my computer on, everything is good. I see my BIOS screen nice and clear. It loads the black screen that has the Windows logo with the loading bar under it, then when it gets to the loading screen, I just get a bunch of black and white lines and cannot see anything. The last thing I remember doing on the computer before this problem was updating drivers. So naturally, I went into safe mode and rolled back the graphics driver. That didn't work, so I reinstalled the graphics driver that came with my graphics card. still no success. I'm beginning to think that it's a problem with windows, not the drivers or card, since the BIOS screen is fine and I don't run into trouble until Windows loads the welcome screen. Does anyone know how to solve this?

A:Black and white lines when loading windows

So no one has any idea what's going on?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-and-white-lines-when-loading-windows-254868.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Recently my LCD monitor blue and Red screen on lines started showing red and blue lines in certain areas of the screen especially outlining images I at first thought that someone had tinkered with the monitor display settings and made the reds and blues more intense but I found that messing around with the color settings did nothing to Red and blue lines on screen get rid of these lines My monitor then died a few days Red and blue lines on screen later although I m not sure if it s a coincidence so I Red and blue lines on screen replaced it with an older monitor and that one as well showed the red and blue lines so I replaced it again with the same result I figured that it s not a problem with the monitor because I took a screenshot of my problem saved it as a png file and emailed it to myself on another computer and on that computer the red and blue lines do not appear in the image I have an NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce video card that came with the computer and my OS is Windows -bit Any help is much appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Red and blue lines on screen

You have to swap out the graphics card. It's really the only way to eliminate the video card as the source of the problem. Goofy lines like that can be symptomatic of the video card failing. If the driver in the machine didn't have a problem before, and there haven't been any other major changes in the hard or software configuration, stands to reason that the card is the prime suspect.

I'm not exactly sure where in the video system a screen shot is taken, but it seems certain it's well before that actual screen output. Were we using the same video connecting cable on all the different screens? Beause you might try another monitor cable first if it was.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/red-and-blue-lines-on-screen.151373/
Relevancy 66.65%

Packard Bell X9810 in the middle of a program, the computer froze and blue lines have appeared on screen, unable to use the computer at all: any help would be appreciated. Gordon

A:Blue lines on screen

Can you get in with safe mode and go to device manager to look for any yellow markers or problems with grahics driver?
Possibly even a system restore to get back to normal, from safe mode?

Worst case scenario, give this a try. If you can get in be sure not to make a selection that would cause you to lose your stuff, such as the back up image

If you create a recovery DVD, you may be able to boot to recovery options
Create Recovery DVD

The Vista recovery disk is used to boot Vista when it won't boot - to run Startup Repair, System Restore, access a Command Line, Recover using a Vista Backup Image, etc.
System Recovery Options

If Vista will not start now, boot the Recovery CD to run Startup Repair which automates System Restore as well as numerous other tests including System File Checker which can repair system files which are not corrupted beyond repair.

If Vista still will not start, try booting into Safe Mode to run sfc /scannow to repair System files.
Special Thanks Given to Seven Forums.

Below is a bulletin distributed by MS to explain the start up procedure when Windows will not boot.
Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer has preinstalled recovery options, it might also be stored on your computer's hard disk. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions and What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista? If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.Change restart settings in safe mode. If your computer is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and then fails again repeatedly, restart your computer in safe mode and select the Disable automatic restart on system failure checkbox. For more information, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).Reinstall. If no other options have solved the problem, and you are sure that your computer's hardware is functioning normally, you might need to reinstall Windows. A custom (clean) installation of Windows will permanently delete all of the files on your computer and reinstall Windows, so only use this option if all other recovery options have been unsuccessful. After the installation, you will need to reinstall your programs and restore your files from backup copies. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows**.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/287889-blue-lines-screen.html
Relevancy 65.79%

The update is called:
nvidia - Graphics adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M.
After installing it, whenever my laptop tries to use the Nvidia card, I get a blue screen and the system restarts.
I looked in installed updates to uninstall it, and it is not there.
I did a system restore to four days before I installed it, and I still get the same effect. Lastly, I installed some older nvidia drivers that used to work using the clean install option, and I still have this problem.

A:Optional update in windows update is giving me a blue screen.

It looks as though the update changed something in nvlddmkm.sys, and for some reason, it wasn't changed back when I did the system restore. I have no idea how to go about fixing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/262332-optional-update-windows-update-giving-me-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS M1530 Laptop that I've had for about a few years now. I suddenly notice that there is blue vertical lines. I try closing the laptop monitor and reopening it to see if it goes away. It would work for a short period of time but now the lines are constantly there. I can close the laptop lid down to a certain point and there will be no lines and the display will be fine again. I'm guessing the display wire could possibly damage. Is there anything I could do to replace the wire or fix the problem myself?

A:Screen has blue vertical lines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCWiEdaditA

its possible to fix but even i do not like to touch lappys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-has-blue-vertical-lines.1033854/
Relevancy 65.79%

Since a couple of weeks, I have a problem with my laptop screen. From time to time, suddenly, everything on the screen disappears and I get a screen with only white and grey lines (see picture attached). When this happens, I can't use the laptop anymore and I have to shutdown by pressing the power button. On some days, I have no problems, on other days, this happens several times.
What can be the reason and how can this be solved?

Kind regards,
Paul

A:Screen with Blue and Grey Lines

Does this problem occur in warmer climates (or after the machine has been on for a while)? Has the laptop been twisted or dropped? Has there been any maintenence performed (cleaning dust, device driver updates, changes in hardware, etc.) on the machine recently?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414194/screen-with-blue-and-grey-lines/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have been trying to fix this for a good hours now it occurred suddenly my computer force restarted and I got these white lines only when I got into the log in screen the loading windows screen did not screen Horizontal blue screen/ in log once I log lines in on have these lines there around about of them across my monitor I ignored them at first and tried to log in but when I log in a blue screen with no text comes up and so I restarted my computer and entered safe mode with networking it loaded fine with no horizontal lines However when loading it did pause on a driver for a while AswRvrt sys though it said it loaded and safe mode with networking did start So to try and get a normal boot to work I tried a system repair this didn t fix it I Horizontal lines on log in screen/ once I log in blue screen also tried a system restore again this didn t fix it either the lines still appear on a normal boot I have no idea what s causing it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/horizontal-lines-on-log-in-screen-once-i-log-in-blue-screen.1156118/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Windows 7 x64 user who attempts to print out hi-resolution images from Windows photo viewer, and white lines appear across the image horizontally about every 1/3 of the way up and down the image. This is a newly re-imaged workstation running on
our local domain, Windows update shows his installation is up to date. Other users around him are not seeing this issue when they print out the same images. Attempts to apply the fix referenced in: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2913152 have failed
because when attempting to download and apply the fix, I receive an error that "..this update is not applicable...". He is able to print the same image from MS Paint, but this is not an ideal workaround.
Thanks

A:Windows 7 Photo Viewer prints white lines when printing out hi-res photos

Hi JC,
Have you got any error messages when you tried to install kb2913152?
I have tried to install this KB on my machine manually but it has been installed. So it is an update can be automatically installed by Windows Update.
Please run the following readiness tool and install this kb again to have a check. To isolate the third party issue, we also can try to install this kB in clean boot environment.
What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows7/what-is-the-system-update-readiness-tool
How to perform a clean boot in Windows
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
If the issue persists, please check the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Setup) and the cbs.log(C:\Windows\Logs\CBS) for more information to troubleshoot this issue.
Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/870cb762-e403-44a0-8287-bf45b17f2c94/windows-7-photo-viewer-prints-white-lines-when-printing-out-hires-photos?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.93%

My system had become very slow. And there also appears to be some problem with the graphics. When I close a window, there remain blue or yellow lines on the desktop, where the border of the window used to be. I saw a suspicios process whose name I have forgotten, but I remember that the search I conducted returned that it has something to do with nvidia and is not actually a malware maybe. It was taking too much resources. I ended it and the performance got a little better. I also did something I don't remember, after which, that process doesn't start again.

Also, dap.exe was taking so much resources. The process was there even after I exited DAP. Although DAP was functioning perfectly. I also uninstalled DAP. The process doesnt come back now.

But the blue and yellow lines are still there. And the system is still slow. What do I do???

A:Yellow And Blue Dotted Lines On The Screen

Trie to connect the mon itor to another cvomputer to make sure that it is not the monitor at fault. Secondly update the drivers for your video card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73059/yellow-and-blue-dotted-lines-on-the-screen/
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok so here s the problem My friend recently Graphics lines blue and causes card screen. bought a PowerColor HD GB GDDR graphics card and after installing the card and the drivers and restarting windows the loading screen gets all kinds of lines across the screen up until the point where you enter in your log in information and then a blue screen The AMD install manager is responsible for downloading and installing Graphics card causes lines and blue screen. the latest driver for his device so he didn t download a bad driver since it comes directly from AMD Whenever he reattempts to install everything he has to reinstall windows due to being stuck in the blue screen loop when he attempts to log in to windows regularly Obviously without the drivers windows can t detect his card But any attempt to install the drivers causes the quot tears quot in the screen Here are the specs of his desktop CPU Intel Core i k CPU GHZ Motherboard and slots Gigabyte GA-Z -D H -- x PCI-E x x USB gigs of Ram Plus the aforementioned gpu Can anyone point us in the right direction as to what the problem may be He pretty much can t use his desktop because his card isn t working Any help would be appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi good morningI'm a bit worried about my laptop there's like a month and a half nbsp since i bought it and i hadn't have a problemIt's an HP G it's powered by Intel Celeron N Ghz GB of DDR RAM and a GB HDDIt's a pretty basic laptop but it had been working fine i have to mention that it's an used laptop i don't have a warrantyBut since all the time i have been using it a month and screen, flickering lines colored blue a half it had been working properlly so i don't think it came with any problems or at least they hadn't shownTwo weeks ago i bought a stick of GB of ram since this laptop has only one slot i had to remove the one stick of gb that came with the laptop Both ram are equals on voltage and bus frequence so it was running excellentAfter two weeks from then it suddenly started to give blue screen problem blue screen says whea uncorrectable error x and laptop rebooted sometimes it also shows flickering lines of colores they even appear don't letting to show the blue screen and rebootsSometimes blue screen, colored flickering lines i can use laptop for about minutes other times i can use it blue screen, colored flickering lines for hours or more blue screen, colored flickering lines and some other times it doesn't even finish bootingbut it seems like it nbsp becomes more persistent every timeI tried by changing ram to the original GB stick resetting BIOS battery and nothing i don't think it's hard drive nor nbsp operative system problem I tried to install Windows from USB and before getting to the partition selection section blue screen with old windows format appeared with same ErrorI mean it wasn't working from the hard drive but the booteable USB and still happenedI did another test by trying too boot ubuntu from USB and going with the option for trying it not installing it i tried this with and without hard drive connected and the messages from the image appeared in fact i put the same usb in other laptop to see if something when wrong when making ubuntu booteable and it worked fine on the other laptop I don't have warranty documents and i get worried by thinking my laptop has no solution I hope i can do somthing and thanks for your help nbsp P S Sorry about my bad english hehe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/blue-screen-colored-flickering-lines/td-p/5670407
Relevancy 64.93%

My pc was working perfectly, I came back to it yesterday and when I moved the mouse the display went kinda low colour and boxes about 5mm apart appeared all over the screen, The computer then BSOD'ed and shut down, I started up again thought it was nothing and I got into my user it started to do the same thing again, It blue screened shut down and now when I turn it on there is no image, I Have tryed taking it down to bear bones and replacing re-inserting every component, But that doesn't seem to have helped, There are no beep codes, and it is doing my head in, I am 15 and just spent £400 building this computer. Can anyone help??
Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

I didn't really know where to post this. I'm new to this forum and I got a problem with my very old and bad PC.

Specs: (don't laugh)
Motherboard: Leonite-GL8E / ASUS P5LP-LE / leonite 5.00
CPU: Intel Pentium D 915 2.8GHz
RAM: 4GB
GRAPHIC CARD: Idk how to check this without turning the pc as it doesn't load the windows?

Issue:
Whenever I turn my PC white stripes appear on the screen while booting and loading windows then they change to blue. I had Windows 7 Ultimete x64 and a blue screen appeared all the time while loading the system and said something about graphic card. I then done a format to Windows XP as it didn't even let me instal new any Windows 7 system and the XP worked fine but the stripe were still there although only while booting.

There's few pictures how it looks. Please help.

A:White stripes on the screen while booting then blue screen.

Either power supply can't deliver enough power for graphics card or graphics card is dying but this white stripes indicate that it's probably second one.

Well you can check graphics card model by looking at it-you may recognize it;or there is a sticker on the graphics card from which you could read it's model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/378193-white-stripes-screen-while-booting-then-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My lapi serial no is [Personal Information Removed] MODEL NO IS G4-1303AU MY LAPi suddenly shut down having lines on the screen problem arises in window 7 so I formated the windows 7 and update the windows 10 still problem arise when it is shut down and after some times it get started

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-Lapi-suddenly-get-shut-down-There-is-a-blue-screen-lines/td-p/5701465
Relevancy 64.07%

I had a moment of frustration and punched the lap top screen. I know what a fool ! so the screen is now just a mass of white and blue.

I am getting a mac from the states for Xmas so dont really want to buy a new lap top now for 3 months - Is there any cable I can buy that will allow me to plug in another screen or TV until then or is it cheaper to just pay for a replacement screen?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-and-blue-screen.1013942/
Relevancy 64.07%

I dont know what to do my gateway laptop will let me type in my password for my account but when I try to type anything into a search like google and others it goes to a blue screen with white line or dots it only happends when i type but not when i use the mouse please help if you can and thank you

A:blue and white screen

I dont know what to do my gateway laptop will let me type in my password for my account but when I try to type anything into a search like google and others it goes to a blue screen with white line or dots it only happends when i type but not when i use the mouse please help if you can and thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-and-white-screen.1016155/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello,

I have a problem with my computer. I just restarted it, and it ended up booting with purple/blue lines all over the screen.

So the first thing i did was go into device manager. All it told me was a caution symbol next to my NVIDIA geForce 8500 GT. so i downloaded and reinstalled the drivers for it. No effect.

Then i booted into safe mode to find if it was a motherboard issue. The lines remained.

At this point im asking all of you at this fourm, what is the issue and how do i fix it? Thank you.

A:Purple/blue lines over screen, not sure if driver or motherboard issue

If its an add in card re-seat it in its slot and make sure any power cables are securely connected. You may want to unplug the power supply from the wall plug so your PC doesn't accidentally start up while you are working on it. Also make sure the heat sink is free of dust and the fan (if it has one) is working correctly. You may want to check your case fans for dust too while you have the case open.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/202872-purple-blue-lines-over-screen-not-sure-if-driver-motherboard-issue.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Random Blue Thin/Dotted Lines on My HP Laptop Screen

I was recently transfering files to my new laptop, and uninstalling programs on my old laptop when I suddenly got thin blue lines randomly on my old screen in dark or black areas (see images). It is not in the same location on the screen depending on what I am viewing.

I hooked an external monitor to my laptop and the image is perfect. Another odd thing is when I screen capture the bluelines and view the image file on another PC, they do not show.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys,

My Dell computer running Vista keeps crashing and starting back up with these wierd wavy blue and yellow lines across the whole screen. The screen resolution also reverts back to 800x600 and only 3 other resolution options even remain. Usually I'll reinstall the video card drivers and the problem goes away, for a bit. I even reformatted the computer thinking it was a virus and the same problem reoccured. My problem seems very similiar to these posts here:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/941740-weird-wavy-blue-lines-startup.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic245362.html

According to those posts the answer seems to be my video card crapping out, if this is the case I'll have to get a new one but if you think there might be any other answer, please let me know.

Thanks.

Relevancy 63.64%

Whenever I turn on my computer with Windows installed I always get this Blue Screen However what s curious is that it doesn t display any message at all It just displays random of Message, Horizontal Lines Without Blue Screen Just Any Random Death horizontal lines on my screen Whatever key I press on my keyboard and no matter how many times and wherever Blue Screen of Death Without Any Message, Just Random Horizontal Lines I click with my mouse not a single thing happens So I have no other choice but to hold the power button on my CPU manually to turn the computer off and on again The same thing happens when I do that I get the Blue Screen again after resetting I try to turn the computer off and on again by using the same method to do so and only then will the computer eventually launch Automatic Repair therefore forcing me to boot into safe mode with networking instead It has been this way for several weeks now and I am beginning to use my computer in safe mode on a regular basis I know that I shouldn t do this since safe mode is mainly used to fix the computer however I have tried running all my antivirus software and spyware removal tools to no avail There aren t any viruses on my computer and every single driver is up to date I am also starting to lose hope since I can t even open some of the programs that I need the most such as Microsoft Office and other programs that I need for my schoolwork Furthermore since I am in safe mode my printer was also uninstalled thereby rendering it useless and forcing me to ask other people to print my schoolwork for me I am using a computer made by Lenovo and the system processor is quot Intel R Core TM i - P CPU GHz GHz quot I have no restore points on my computer at all I tried to upload all of my dmp files to help you guys but after compressing them I found that the size of the compressed folder was more than MB I then tried to upload it here but apparently the file was too big to be uploaded That was why I could only upload the latest dmp file that I have but I m not sure whether that is enough for you guys to diagnose the problem Since this is my first time asking a question here I am not sure what more there is to add but if you need any more information from me I d be happy to assist you and give you the necessary information in any way I can I m not sure whether this question is even under the correct category but any help from you will be extremely appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Blue Screen of Death Without Any Message, Just Random Horizontal Lines

If you can use the pc normally in safe mode, I think it's a software issue. Maybe your windows got corrupted.
When did this start? did you install anything or change anything in your computer's configuration? try using MBAM. If you could boot windows normally, I'd ask you to post a hijackthis log.
Does the bsod appear after the windows loading screen or before or while it's loading?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-of-death-without-any-message-just-random-horizontal-lines.217494/
Relevancy 63.64%

hello guys, when i turn on the labtop after a couple minutes my screen starts going blue as u can see the picture in the bottum. i cant do anything even run aanti virus or internet explorer! after i run anything not to long after it i see the blue screen. i tried to CTRK+ALT_DELETE and nothing happend...pushed every key on the labtop nothing happened!
labtob is acer windows is Vista..any more information needed i'll repost it for u.
please help because i dont have anything to use now...im posting this with my cell phone....thanks in advance.

A:my screen goes blue with white dots. something never seen before! help please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-screen-goes-blue-with-white-dots-something-never-seen-before-help-please.881537/
Relevancy 63.64%

i get little white dashes (look like minus signs) all over screen, then blue screen ? sporadic ;not a monitor problem; video card ? happens when running games that require good graphics eg, call of duty, etc. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-dashes-blue-screen.1106026/
Relevancy 63.64%

Have ? On most computers, I have noticed,there is a white patch on left (side) screen,when Welcome comes up,on mine also. I have another white patch on right(side)of screen when Logging off This comes up next to my username Was very concerned,thinking it was dead pixels Bought brand new monitor Have exactly same white patches,in exactly same spots Please Help Me,thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/white-patches-on-blue-screen-308348.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi so I am having problems with my computer About hours ago when startup? mode I boot at shuts Blue lines Screen normal in off I had left my computer running for around hours in complete inactivity and when I started using it the screen froze and turned off Deciding to turn it manually off I then found vertical blue lines appearing on the windows screen as it started up This just got worse as the screen went totally black Blue lines at startup? Screen shuts off when I boot in normal mode but the computer Blue lines at startup? Screen shuts off when I boot in normal mode kept running I assume this is not a hardware problem because I am typing this now on safe mode with networking and there is no blue lines I already ran some steps of my own before asking for help from this website with avg superantispyware combofix malewarebytes and a temporary file cleaner by old timer The found some viruses and spyware which they deleted I haven t seen now if my computer can boot in normal mode now because I fear it might get infected again P S I think I followed the instructions for the GMER scan mostly right but I m kind of confused on the part if I don t get the message that the tool warns of rootkit activity What should be checked on the right hand side then cause mine didn t include c drive the drive I have information on checked One more thing a year ago a dell on the phone tech support guy made me create a totally different partition or operating system on my computer where I have had to choose xp version A the old one or version B the one that I am having problems with right now everytime I turn on the computer Could this somehow be the cause for why I am getting blue lines at the startup On xp version A I remember the problem was that I got the error message driver not less or equal but I haven t opened it for years now and I have been choosing version b fine till now Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Nicolas My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http isearch avg com cid C C C -C B- - C B- FA C amp mid b ddc d c d eeb d- d f d b eba d b ee b amp lang us amp ds AVG amp pr pa amp d - - amp v amp sap hp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper... Read more

A:Blue lines at startup? Screen shuts off when I boot in normal mode

The main problem with my computer not being able to load and the vertical blue lines was solved. The video card indeed appeared to be burned out or malfunctioning.
There was as a result no virus affecting my system.
In case anybody is reading the main way you can use to see if theirs a virus or your video card is malfunctioning is by running video tests or if any lines appear on the dell logo because viruses usually affect your system after the dell logo loads and when windows starts to load

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-lines-at-startup-screen-shuts-off-when-i-boot-in-normal-mode.1083816/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi i have a custom built PC Earlier i was watching a movie on the Sky Player and the screen froze and then the computer restarted itself and then restarted itself again then i had the choice to start in safe mode etc I am currently on in safe mode and there are lines all across the screen which move vanish when i run the cursor over them Blue screen, on lines screen. then This is a picture taken with my phone of what the screen looks like in safe mode print screen doesn't show the lines system info no point in putting the graphics info up because they're showing as N A which Blue screen, then lines on screen. i assume is due to being in safe mode I apologise if any of this post is messy i can't really see the screen properly This problem has happened before i used an air-duster to clear some dust from inside the tower and it worked fine after a couple of days however this time it hasn't worked Any help would be greatly appreciated i'm not very good with computers I have the minidump file if that is of use to anyone

A:Blue screen, then lines on screen.

Hello,

This seems like a graphics card problem; whether it is fixable or not is uncertain at this point.

Could you try a different video card in the system? Perhaps borrow one from a friend, or steal one from a different computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-then-lines-on-screen-563867.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi.

I just downloaded the latest windows update KB969947 and the malicious software removal tool. After the download I clicked on the "restart system now" button. Not long after this the screen went blue with this message.

STOP: c000021a {fatal system error}
The windows system process terminated unexpectedally with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x7c911766 0x006af8ec)
The system has been shut down.

I restarted manually and everything seemed to run OK. I went back to MS updates and it seemed as though the updates had beeen successful. I have never had a problem with windows updates before and I was wondering if this might be a sign of a bigger problem.

XP sp3.

Thanks.

A:blue screen after windows update

http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htmScroll down to 21A in right column.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270677/blue-screen-after-windows-update/
Relevancy 62.78%

I've had my Dell Inspiron notebook since about Feb. of this year. Everytime my window vista updates itself my computer crashes and has to go to a restore point. Is there anyway I can correct this without having to delete everything and starting over?

Step by step what happens:

1) Windows will update
2) I will restart the computer
3) The windows will begin the booting process
4) The computer then switches to a dark blue screen, the crash dumping screen
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

-John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248985/blue-screen-after-windows-update/
Relevancy 62.78%

After installing updates yesterday my laptop automatically restarted and now I get the blue error screen whether trying to boot in safe mode or last good configuration or normal mode I ran Repair Windows from the cd but it said something like quot this problem cannot be fixed by repair quot Then tried doing system restore blue screen bad Windows Update, getting but I have just installed Vista and there are no restore points This is the first windows update So I am at a loss as to what to do now I do not want to reinstall I have found articles saying that update quot KB quot is the problem http www techerator com fix-windows-vista- -bit-gets-blue-screen-after-windows-updates I have tried to uninstall KB from the System Recovery Command Prompt but I don t know what programs to use or where any needed files are located I am comfortable with being in command line but don t know much about Vista s programs Anyone know what I can do to uninstall the bad update nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Was on my lap top it froze up decided to turn it off and back on. It now will only turn to the light blue screen with the white dots swearling (searching) I just up dated it from windows 8.1 about 2 weeks ago to windows 10 update. Frustrated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-HP-Lap-top-is-on-light-blue-screen-with-the-white-circle/td-p/5682159
Relevancy 62.78%

I m quite sure that if i get one more memory dump i m going to throw this unit out my very high my very very high window Ok of death and white=blue black screen I am so frustrated like most people who turn to forums I ve got the old quot black and black and white=blue screen of death white game trying to run on xp home quot problem I ve tried all the patches and compadability changes and here s the thing when i get to patch it says i m not running the right version of the game and it s not compatible what s the most weird is black and white=blue screen of death that when i try to get the patch installed the patch that CAME on the disk it says the same thing when i run the game it goes to startup then poof with the blue screen of death I ve attempted BIOS updates driver updates NOTHING is working not even creature isle Which is said to be xp compatible will work I just want to play my game thanks for your time and help amd athalon g ati rage mobility VIA AC nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

There is a moving cursor but nothing else happens. the login page does not appear. The screen background just stays blue with white rays. I do not want to lose any files. What can I do ?

A:HELP PLEASE!!! blue screen with white rays stuck

I would recommend going through the steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot, and post back the results of each step to see if we have further troubleshooting steps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240549-help-please-blue-screen-white-rays-stuck.html
Relevancy 62.78%

hello,

my laptop screen has been going blank showing different colours. this happens when i am watching something on firefox after a prolonged time but if i restart it's fine. the whole screen goes blank (sometimes white, sometimes blue, black even orange). it's windows xp, sony viao (about 3 yrs old). Can anybody help me?

Thanking in advance

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,

Been getting the above lately, i think it an old un-resolved issue that i never got to the bottom of.

On start-up, or just after, it crashes, with blue screen, writing for about 2 seconds and then disappears as the pc re-boots.

Any one know where that file is stored? - It must be somewhere?

I think it said something about " a non-paged area"

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 62.35%

I m screen Laptop lines has developed one-pixel-wide two, blue/green, vertical, trying to determine the likely cause of a Laptop screen has developed two, vertical, blue/green, one-pixel-wide lines minor for now laptop display problem that has recently started on my Compaq Presario M notebook running Win XP SP A few Laptop screen has developed two, vertical, blue/green, one-pixel-wide lines weeks ago a single vertical extending the entire height of visible screen blue-green one-pixel-wide line appeared on my year old out of warranty laptop It is about inches from the left edge of the screen Doing a print screen screenshot does NOT capture the line in the image It went away once Laptop screen has developed two, vertical, blue/green, one-pixel-wide lines briefly but has been there at all times since and seems like it is now a permanent fixture across my screen Do you think the cause of the problem is the LCD screen beginning to fail Or is there a way to troubleshoot my graphics drivers cards to see if they are the culprit A second line about inch away has now appeared Is this growing problem an indication that my display will completely die soon or is this problem not a precursor to anything more serious and I should not be concerned if I can liv with the tiny lines Thanks for any advice you have on this nbsp

A:Laptop screen has developed two, vertical, blue/green, one-pixel-wide lines

The fact that a printscreen did not capture the line would indicate to me that it's a hardware problem.
Is the graphics card driver up to date?
I am guessing here, but could the battery on this machine be failing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-has-developed-two-vertical-blue-green-one-pixel-wide-lines.719173/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey guys thanks in Vertical / Horizontal / lines = Green Screen Blank BSOD Blue Bootup. advance for any help or advice I'm currently compiling my zip I don't know what the cause of the problem is but I have some ideas I will start by explaining the problem and how it arose Playing Minecraft I mined some dirt and horizontal blue lines squigglies appeared on my screen Moments computer went to BSOD but then rebooted normally Tried again and the same problem occurred I've played Minecraft before but it could have something to do with the new update I recently installed windows recommended updates the problem had not occurred before this I also recently installed Daemon Tools Lite I don't think it's a software conflict I got the blue lines but my computer did not shut its self off After a few moments I manually powered down After waiting I attempted to reboot The screen turned on but displayed only black I took out my battery rams hd and unplugged for a while After replacing it booted up and the screen worked Prompted to initialize windows repair prior to bootup Blue Horizontal / Green Vertical lines = BSOD / Blank Screen Bootup. I accepted Not long into the diagnostic vertical green brown lines appear Computer did not crash Diagnosis found no problem Started it up ran some freeware diagnostic tool and it crashed halfway through Boot up black screen Took out hd let it cool down replaced pc boots up -- I read that it could be a power supply problem causing this Is it possible To me it doesn't make much sense but the DC adapter did Blue Horizontal / Green Vertical lines = BSOD / Blank Screen Bootup. fail to work a coupe of days ago After a friendly tap it worked fine Could it be the windows updates A virus on my computer I initially thought Blue Horizontal / Green Vertical lines = BSOD / Blank Screen Bootup. it was my graphics card overheating but after while running the zip compiler SpeedFan clocked my temperatures at for my cores GUP and i'm at for my hd Don't think it can be that This is where you guys come in Would it be power supply I gave my adapter another smack and now pc seems to work fine A virus Lack of airflow short out in my laptop I had to take it apart to clean it fan stopped working It's worked fine for months since I took it apart though -- Running HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Windows Vista Home Edition x bit OEM Intel Core Duo CUP T GHz Ghz GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce M GS -- I'd be happy just knowing what the problem is Thanks again dudes dudettes

A:Blue Horizontal / Green Vertical lines = BSOD / Blank Screen Bootup.

A registry scan indicates many errors. Fixing these help or cause more problems? I've never done it before.
Running sfc scans now [picked up nothing, ran 2x], then will update graphics card. Will post results.

Sorry if this thread was jumping the gun on an easy solution... but when it didn't want to start up the first few times, I became quite concerned.

After uninstalling my my nvidia drivers, before re-installing, the blue lines popped up again after the required reboot. This time they didn't cause the computer to crash, so I shut it down. I'm going to wait a while, as this seemed to be a temporary fix for the problem last time, and then install the new driver.

After waiting a boot resulted in the all-too familiar Black Screen (no splash, dos writing, or mouse pointer. But light is emitting from screen). I'm going to shut it down, and leave it off for a few hours (give it proper time to cool off).

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/293727-blue-horizontal-green-vertical-lines-bsod-blank-screen-bootup.html
Relevancy 62.35%
Relevancy 62.35%

My windows 8.1 downloaded some automatic updates, and while installing, froze at 64%. (going on two hours). I tried turning off and turning on the wifi, as someone suggested. nothing. Any suggestions? This is a Dell Inspiron.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/55895-windows-update-freezes-64-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I do believe that this computer hasnt been updated for quite some time as this is still running XP SP The first thing I tried to do was update with Windows update but it stalls into blue screen after several minutes I have run just about every scan i can on this machine and still cannot get it to respond back to normal Zone alarm found the quot not-a-virus quot problem and deleted both instances When I try and run Malwarebytes it stalls on file netapi dll every time whether in safe mode or not This machine is pretty slow I went through the processes in the pre-read file on this site and to no avail I notice every start the task bar comes up blue as it is to screen freezes Windows blue Update supposed to but then turns the cream color Here is the DDS Windows Update freezes to blue screen log below Any ideas The other issue at bootup I get a generic host error with either netcfgx or netcfg error not sure if this is due to the fact that the owners use DSL and my connection is Cable Any ideas DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Lisa at on Wed Internet Explorer Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp att yahoo comuSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d Windows Update freezes to blue screen -c f - efb- b - eca - c program filesyahoo companioninstallscpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program filescommon filesadobeacrobatactivexAcroIEHelper dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program filesspybot - search amp destroySDHelper dllBHO Yahoo IE Services Button bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c Windows Update freezes to blue screen progra yahoo commonyiesrvc dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program filesjavajre binjp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program filesjavajre libdeployjqsiejqs plugin dllBHO F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - No FileTB CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - No FileTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program filesyahoo companioninstallscpn yt dllEB amp Yahoo Messenger bbe - e - d -ad - d ad - c program filesyahoo messengeryhexbmes dllEB - a - b-a - c a a - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windowssystem ctfmon exeuRun Microsoft Works Update Detection c program filesmicrosoft worksWkDetect exemRun NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initializemRun Camera Detector c progra acdsys acdseeCAMDET EXEmRun AudioHQU c program filescreativesbliveaudiohqAHQTBU EXEmRun IntelliPoint quot c program filesmicrosoft intellipointpoint exe quot mRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program fileszone labszonealarmzlclient exe quot uPolicies-explorer lt NO NAME gt IE BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - c progra yahoo commonyiesrvc dllIE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - c program filesspybot - search amp destroySDHelper dllTrusted Zone musicmatch comonlineDPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file c windowsjavaclassesxmldso cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF FFBE D- C C- - BD- DC B C - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current ultrashim cabDPF A E C -A BA- D - - DB C - hxxp download yahoo com dl installs ymail ymmapi dllDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cabNotify WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF dllSSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windowssystem WPDShServiceObj dll SERVICES DRIVERS Created Last - - a------- c windowssystem pgdfgsvc exe - - lt DIR gt --ds---- C ComboFix - - a------- C rollback ini - - lt DIR gt --d----- c docume lisaapplic MailFrontier - - a--sh--- c windowssystem driversfidbox dat - - a--sh--- c windowssystem driversfidbox idx - - a---h--- c windowssystem zllictbl dat - - a------- c windowszllsp... Read more

A:Windows Update freezes to blue screen

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.My name is Syler, I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. Whilst I am helping you, I wouldbe grateful if you would note the following: Please do not run other tools or scans unless I ask you to and follow all the steps I give you, in order.
Copy and paste all logs requested in you reply, Do not attach them unless asked too.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask before you proceed with my instructions.
Please continue to work with me, until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If I do not hear back from you within 5 days of my last post, then this topic will be closed.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.NextDownload random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: MBAM log log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243581/windows-update-freezes-to-blue-screen/
Relevancy 62.35%

G'day

I've just spent that last few days re-installing Windows 7 Pro x64 onto a new SSD. All my drivers are installed and up to date with no yellow exclamation marks and all the Win updates installed successfully. I have been re-installing all my software and games etc without any problems or errors. Today Windows Update found 13 more updates containing security and system updates for Win x64, Framework 4, 3.5.1, and a definitions for Office-14. After installing this and clicking on the restart windows button I saw the 'applying updates counter' then experienced a blue screen.
After rebooting I chose start Windows normally and windows update reports that the updates installed successfully but I'm now wondering whether I need to start over and re-install everything all over again or perhaps I'll get away with simply ignoring it. It did produce an error log but I need somebody whom understands it to diagnose what the cause was.

Thank You

Mike JP

A:Blue screen during a windows update reboot

This is the error that occurred at the time of BSOD and a critical event logged 6 seconds prior to crashing taken from Win Event Viewer.

Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date:          15/5/2013 5:12:41 PM
Event ID:      1001
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      MIKEJNR-PC
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x000000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa800c39e650, 0xfffffa800c39e930, 0xfffff800031d9350). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 051513-11824-01.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-05-15T09:12:41.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>12395</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>MIKEJNR-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">0x000000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa800c39e650, 0xfffffa800c39e930, 0xfffff800031d9350)</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">051513-11824-01</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

===========================================================================================================================================

Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date:          15/5/2013 5:12:33 PM
Event ID:      41
Task Category: (63)
Level:         Critical
Keywords:      (2)
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      MikeJnr-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>2</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-05-15T09:12:33.432805100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>12396</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>MikeJnr-PC</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">244</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x3</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParam... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494646/blue-screen-during-a-windows-update-reboot/
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm having an issue with one of my computers which started with just a Blue Screen of Death out of nowhere.

The stop code I got was 0x0000008E, which I googled and ended up reading that it has something to do with Memory. I ran MemTest86, which brought back no errors. I also ran a diagnostic on my Hard Drive, which also brought back nothing.

I then started seeing it crashing during Windows Update. I haven't taken a close enough look at which specific updates are being installed as I haven't looked at the computer since Sunday, but I was wondering if it definitely is a memory issue and one of my RAM sticks need to be replaced.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/300831-blue-screen-death-during-windows-update.html
Relevancy 62.35%

hello i'm really new to this site so if i open in wrong treat move to rightone.
i have a problem with my driver or card i dont really know
When i playing Skyrim game i have a white screen crash so i have to ALT CTRL DELETE or it can crash to Blue screen with ati error. i dont know if its because im using ENB Boost or else.
i did run that app for a log zip
i have a windows 7
hd 7950 Gigabyte
1tb drive
i7 3770K cpu
32GB ram
if i need to do something else let me know.
thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391159-white-screen-then-blue-crash-error-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Well, when i logged in, the Webroot Security said it will expire in 3 days, i dismissed it...opened up minecraft, being the second day after 1.8, I destroyed a block in minecraft, and my computer crashed with a white screen and blue stripes going verticly down. I panicked and spamed the ctrl alt del, ctrl alt, esc, then unplugged t, and took out the battery in panic.
Now whenever i turn it on, it gives a black screen, it still runs but it doesnt do anything more. Can i please have any suggestions, tips, tricks, and or help on getting around this?

Edit: Forgot to mention it is a Toshiba, model no. PSK2LU - 001003

A:Laptop crashed with white screen and blue stripes

Hi explosm357 and Welcome to TSF,

How far the boot process do you get? I'm just curious as to if you see anything at all in the beginning, the black/white text?

As my first thought it's a hardware issue, so i'll move it over to the hardware part, so we can still use this thread.

You could try another monitor, and try tilting the screen up/down to see if it reacts in any way. Does the PC turn hot if you have it on for a while?

It's either a GPU or PSU fault i'd suspect.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/laptop-crashed-with-white-screen-and-blue-stripes-601626.html
Relevancy 62.35%

HelloI have a spare computer and the other day it was on while I went to take a shower. I came back and saw this black screen with rectangles a strange letter that looks like a C with a tail and an unresponsive blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner. When I restart it goes imediately to that screen. I was able to finally get into boot menu by pressing first F12 and then F2. It does say that my primary drive can not be found. Yet in the boot menu I am seeing that the first drive is recognized. It's confusing. I am on an older computer that is a Dell Dimension 8200 with all the original parts. It is Windows XP service pack 3. I have tested the monitor and that is not it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The orange rectangle in the picture is actually red in person.

A:Black screen with red white blue rectangles (pic included)

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287 (or http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28744&hl=hard+drive+diagnostic)Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), to make the CD bootable.For Toshiba hard drives, see here: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=ServicesSupport/FujitsuDrivesUSandCanada/SoftwareUtilities#diagnosticNote : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391427/black-screen-with-red-white-blue-rectangles-pic-included/
Relevancy 62.35%

The standard welcome screen background is awful, in my opinion. Is it possible to change it?

{redoak}

A:Solved: Can the pale blue and white welcome screen be chaged?

download and try this,http://www.stardock.com/products/logonstudio/downloads.asp.logon studio

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-the-pale-blue-and-white-welcome-screen-be-chaged.957432/
Relevancy 62.35%

I downloaded windows 10 sometime ago and recently downloaded a few other programs that have a virus protection. A few days later I turn my computer (Dell laptop) on and it shows the blue window emblem, dissapears and I'm left with a blue screen with the circle of dots. I'm thinking my problem is from the downloads I put on.
[quote name="alf40" post="4104544" timestamp="1476812743"]I downloaded windows 10 sometime ago and recently downloaded a few other programs that have a virus protection. A few days later I turn my computer (Dell laptop) on and it shows the blue window emblem, dissapears and I'm left with a blue screen with the circle of dots. I'm thinking my problem is from the downloads I put on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629775/blue-screen-with-white-revolving-dotted-circle/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys my laptop s been acting up and I was hoping to get some advice on what to do I ll start by saying that I don t specks/lines pink, yellow problem Graphics - screen blue, on card green, know much about computers which will likely become clearer and clearer with the more you read of what follows so please bear with me Two days ago I started getting green and pink specks snow lines showing up on my laptop s screen and I have now graduated to blue and yellow specks lines as well My initial thought was that I could have a virus so I ran a virus scan to no avail I started poking around the internet looking for people w similar problems and saw some similar things but nothing that quite matched my problem I did however make a few observations that may or may Graphics card problem - pink, green, blue, yellow specks/lines on screen not be helpful that I have listed below -emailed a screenshot of the desktop to a friend who reported seeing the same green and pink specks on the image on his computer that I was seeing can post if it would be helpful -no problems seem to be present when I boot into BIOS memory -seems like there might be some relationship to the heat of the computer as the specks lines seemed to take longer to reappear after allowing the computer to cool off and then turning it on whereas normally the problem would be evident immediately when I turn the computer back on after shutting down -there is a definite relationship with the orientation of the computer tilted and location and degree of pressure on the case if I push down hard enough in the right spot on the case just below the arrow keys on the top of the case the problem resolves completely but I usually have to shift to another window or scroll down the page b c the specks lines are still on the screen or the text is blurry etc -there seems to be no relationship to the orientation of the screen my roommate knows more about computers than I do and seems to think it is definitely the graphics card and that this is a deteriorating problem that will only get worse Do you think there is any benefit to be had by opening up the case and adjusting something not sure what exactly as it seems like there may be something loose or not connected quite right that is possibly causing the problem relevant info about my computer -dell inspiron m bought in August so well out of warranty but was custom built with what I understood to be decent components at the time and the hard drive DVD-RW and case were replaced at various points along the way all under warranty but was never dropped etc -graphics card ATI Radeon MB I think based on what I ve searched online but is definitely MB let me know if you need any other info to help diagnose the problem sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for taking the time to help nbsp

A:Graphics card problem - pink, green, blue, yellow specks/lines on screen

Longer posts mean more information and that's ALWAYS a God-send to anyone trying to troubleshoot a problem. So no apologies are necessary.

As for your problem, I'm going to agree with your roomie. There is very little you can do to fix this. Right now, the state of your computer follows one of the following options:

1) The graphics card is dying from years of use, and may be sensitive to heat now that it has been in use for a while. Computer components follow the same rule as any other piece of equipment or appliance. They're made with planned obsolescence. Eventually, things die for no better reason than that's what the company wanted. Your graphics card is overheating and it's causing what are known as "artifacts". Whenever you see specks or lines appearing at random, that's your graphics card screwing up and outputting random things onto the screen.

2) The graphics card has come loose and needs to be reseated. I'm not entirely sure about this one, but it might be the case given that pressing down on the computer solved your issue. BUT! (and this is a big but) I have no idea if you would be able to access and reseat it. Nor do I know how one would go about doing that with a laptop graphics card. I've never seen what they look like, how they're installed, replaced, or whatever else. You also risk breaking MORE things by opening it and trying to screw around in it. If you felt like spending a bit of money, you could take it to a local computer repair shop and have them take a look at it and see if they can reseat the card for a minimal price tag. But most places overcharge and might not even fix it properly. And if option 1 is your issue, then no matter what you do it will still be broken.

Either option more or less spells a message of demise. You might want to consider buying another laptop and finding an external driver to move all of your important files to for the transition phase. After all, a laptop like that one you have is, unfortunately, in need of replacement after 5 long years. Even for a custom built laptop as good as that, 5 years is about as long as it could have lasted.

I feel bad to be the bearer of very bad news. And if it's any consolation, I'd be more than happy to have a look online and find you a laptop at a steal price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-problem-pink-green-blue-yellow-specks-lines-on-screen.137498/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have two PC's with the same problem when ever Norton AntiVirus runs I get a blue screen On the 'B' computer I have I have used quot Spy Sweeper quot and completed the sweep I have deleted from tools internet options general cookies and deleted Blue Nav Running In Screen Results temp files I have dialed up and Running Nav Results In Blue Screen connected to Microsoft office for update but blue screen prevented update On the 'A' computer I have the following quot hijackthis log I have not been able to get a spyware or anti virus program to run log enough before the blue screen I have turned off Restore I have deleted cookies and temp files Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exeC Documents and Settings Lee My Documents This PC PC PC Problems HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http my netzero net s search r minisearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http my netzero net s search r minisearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http my netzero net s search r minisearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http my netzero net s search r minisearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride searchap untd com localhost microsoft com windowsupdate com wustat windows com pogo com worldwinner com test-speed com liveupdate symantecliveupdate com symantec com nai com networkassociates com photosite com dir untd com lt local gt R - URLSearchHook URLSearchHook Class - D CDBF- AF - AA- -BD D DA C B - C Program Files NZSearch SearchEnh dllO - Hosts localhostO - Hosts auditmypc comO - Hosts boards cexx orgO - Hosts bulletproofsoft netO - Hosts camtech netO - Hosts cexx orgO - Hosts computercops usO - Hosts ct support comO - Hosts doxdesk comO - Hosts kellys-korner-xp comO - Hosts kephyr comO - Hosts lavasoft deO - Hosts lavasoftusa comO - Hosts lurkhere comO - Hosts majorgeeks comO - Hosts merijn orgO - Hosts mjc comO - Hosts moosoft comO - Hosts mvps orgO - Hosts net-integration netO - Hosts noadware netO - Hosts no-spybot comO - Hosts onlinepcfix comO - Hosts pchell comO - Hosts pestpatrol comO - Hosts safer-networking orgO - Hosts secure spykiller comO - Hosts secureie comO - Hosts security kolla deO - Hosts spybot infoO - Hosts spychecker comO - Hosts spychecker comO - Hosts spycop comO - Hosts spyguard comO - Hosts spykiller comO - Hosts spyware co ukO - Hosts spyware-cop comO - Hosts spywareinfo comO - Hosts spywarenuker comO - Hosts spywareremove comO - Hosts spywareremove comO - Hosts stopzillapro comO - Hosts sunbelt-software comO - Hosts thiefware comO - Hosts tomcoyote orgO - Hosts unwantedlinks comO - Hosts webattack comO - Hosts wilders orgO - Hosts www auditmypc comO - Hosts www bulletproofsoft netO - Hosts www cexx orgO - Hosts www computercops usO - Hosts www ct support comO - Hosts www doxdesk comO - Hosts www eblocs comO - Hosts www enigmasoftwaregroup comO - Hosts www free-spyware-scan comO - Hosts www free-web-browsers comO - Hosts www grc comO - Hosts www grisoft comO - Hosts www hackfaq orgO - Hosts www hazeleger netO - Hosts www javacoolsoftware comO - Hosts www kellys-korner-xp comO - Hosts www kephyr comO - Hosts www lavasoft deO - Hosts www lavasoftusa comO - Hosts www lurkhere comO - Hosts www ... Read more

A:Running Nav Results In Blue Screen

Hello 4doctrine and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. It appears that this log was made while in Safe Mode. Since this can hide many of the running processes that might be causing problems I need you to do the following.Boot normally, start HijackThis and click the Do a system scan and save a log button to perform a scan and create a log file. When the scan is complete, Notepad will open up with the log file in it. While in Notepad, press Ctrl-A to select all text and then Ctrl-C to copy the text to the clipboard.POST the log in this thread using the Add Reply button. Click in the data-entry window and press Ctrl-V to paste the log into the window. Add any other comments which you believe might be helpful in our analysis. and click the Add Reply button.I will review your log when it comes in.DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL I CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTEROT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43444/running-nav-results-in-blue-screen/
Relevancy 61.49%

I should know better but of course I know a bit and thought I could help my neice had the standard popup slow system hijacks of iexplorer to Screen And Windows Update After Blue Hijackthis Removal the point where her win xp pro system was nearly unusable Nothing was up to date Blue Screen After Hijackthis Removal And Windows Update so I ran norton in safe mode with outdated updates and spybot again could not download latest updates to get a few things off then got to the Blue Screen After Hijackthis Removal And Windows Update point where I could at least get out to the internet Updated everything added mozilla began using windows update which started with a part security update part of service pack since nothing had been kept up to date Then I had to go there I used hijackthis beginning with this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPC exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Jenna Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - A A -AFAF- F E- B -EEC A FBF - C WINDOWS system i p dllO - BHO no name - C C - F- F- E -C F CF - C WINDOWS System iknscv dll b b u O - BHO Related Page - A C B -F - AAB- D C- EA F E - C WINDOWS System WinNB dllO - BHO no name - AD A C- Blue Screen After Hijackthis Removal And Windows Update DE-F E- -A BFD EC - C WINDOWS Vnykqlkl dll file missing size O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Search - CB E - E - D- DCE-F AEE BB - C WINDOWS Vnykqlkl dll file missing O - Toolbar no name - A C B -F - AAB- D C- EA F E - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run diagent quot C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe quot startupO - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT vptray exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run mouse mouse exeO - HKLM Run Imail System Service imailsvc exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exeO - HKLM RunServices mouse mouse exeO - HKLM RunServices Imail System Service imailsvc exeO - HKLM RunOnce og j c exe C WINDOWS System og j c exe kO - HKLM RunOnce SpybotSnD quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe quot autocheckO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - HKCU Run Uqez C WINDOWS System ttrib exeO - HKCU Run Ncao quot C Program Files nrpn osoa exe quot -vt yazrO - HKCU Run C PROGRA exeO - HKCU RunOnce og j c exe C WINDOWS System og j c exe kO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeO - Global Startup HP Image Zone Fast Start lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqthb exeO - ... Read more

A:Blue Screen After Hijackthis Removal And Windows Update

Posted a "blue screen" problem in win xp area; my question concerned this hijackthis log and some removals i did which i think led up to a big old blue screen on a windows reboot. posting the hijackthis log here so that you can tell me what can safely be removed; and if i removed something else (will get to the computer in question on friday) how to most easily get the entry back.... hopefully not asking this advice too late! Thanks - I am cured of any hijackthis manipulation without your clearance and admit to being in over my head.Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 11:16:45 AM, on 12/26/2005Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1128646048\ee\AOLHostManager.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1128646048\ee\AOLServiceHost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1128646048\ee\AOLServiceHost.exeC:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\VPC32.exeC:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Jenna\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = local.,O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {7A1693A1-AFAF-4F1E-9B05-EEC38A85FBF3} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\453i2p.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {899C59C9-920F-958F-2E00-C889180F64CF} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\iknscv.dllO2 - BHO: Related Page - {9A9C9B69-F908-4AAB-8D0C-10EA8997F37E} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WinNB57.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {AD486A1C-86DE-F02E-3957-A406BFD071EC} - C:\WINDOWS\Vnykqlkl.dll (file missing)O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocxO3 - Toolbar: Search - {6CB7E512-8E46-007D-1DCE-F83416AEE7BB} - C:\WINDOWS\Vnykqlkl.dll (file missing)O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {9A9C9B68-F908-4AAB-8D0C-10EA8997F37E} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartupO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXEO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [diagent] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Diagnostics\diagent.exe" startupO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\\vptray.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mouse] mouse.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Imail System Service] imailsvc.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottimeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1128646048\ee\AOLHostManager.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [mouse] mouse.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunSe... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/38815/blue-screen-after-hijackthis-removal-and-windows-update/
Relevancy 61.49%

Good Morning!
I have a Dell Demension 4700 which was working fine and just recently starting having a blue screen of death pop-up, then I realized it only occurred when I was running Windows Update. It trys to install IE7 along with a bunch of other hotfixes and it goes to the blue screen with the following codes.

0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XEE940928, 0XECBFAA28, 0X00000000)

Can anyone assist me if figuring this problem out??
Thank You!!
jarretche

A:Blue Screen of Death when running Windows Update

Does the BSOD only come from running Windows Update, or does it occur (every time) on boot ?

Did anything else (besides running Update) "change" prior to the problem (new hardware/software, etc...) ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-of-death-when-running-windows-update-129951.html
Relevancy 61.49%

In short I need some serious help because this is how the forced Update Blue Screen Off Shutting When Windows Module update to windows starts My updates are set to Off Blue Screen When Shutting Off Windows Update Module but it updates anyway I feel like i'm being straight hacked by microsoft After it updates Anytime i turn my computer back on it finished whatever update it downloaded behind my back Now it's at a point where if i try to kill the quot Windows Update Module quot through task manager I get a Blue screen of death quot IRQL not less or equal quot This only happens when i kill the windows update Module in task manager I often kill this process for core reasons It's not supposed to be updating anything Especially since i have the updates set to off It takes up way too much CPU and Disk which causes this laptop to run even worse then what it already does I say it runs worse because the CPU and Disk are already high because of McAfee alone This just dog-piles the crappy performance which irritates me to no end because at this point when all this is going on i can't even play basic games like Sims without serious lag issues There is no winning i guess eventually my laptop will just eventually shut off and update to windows then

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/76087-blue-screen-when-shutting-off-windows-update-module.html