Windows Support Forum

HP Taking a Month for Warranty Service

Q: HP Taking a Month for Warranty Service

Why would warranty service take a month? Longest I've ever heard of.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Taking-a-Month-for-Warranty-Service/td-p/5675044
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Taking a Month for Warranty Service

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 66.65%

Product Name: HPVI04 Notebook batteryUsed in Laptop: HP ENVY 14 Notebook PCBattery life: 15 months Issue:  The battery(HPVI05 NOTEBOOK Battery) stopped working only 14months after purchase. Tried to buy the product online but this product is one of the worst product with 100s of poor reviews and helpless customer service facing the same problem. The customer service is equally bad with hours of waiting time and no solution. Tried to point out the poor feedback given to product but seems Team HP does not bother. Please Help P.S: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-vi04-notebook-battery?jumpid=Accessories_Finder_PDP #product details  #poorcustomerreview

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-stopped-working-month-after-warranty-period-was-over/td-p/5854512
Relevancy 61.49%

I purchased a new T in March Within the first nbsp two nbsp weeks I noticed that the tab key sticks in the down position requiring it to be gently pried back to the up position It seemed like a fairly minor issue and upon general inspection nothing time T460 repair long on taking a new Warranty appeared out of the ordinary with the key so I was unable to fix it myself About a week after that the fingerprint scanner Warranty repair on new T460 taking a long time suddenly stopped working so I updated the drivers and checked every setting I could find to no avail It was apparent something was wrong since when it was working there was a green backlight on the fingerprint scanner and that backlight was not working after it had suddenly stopped working nbsp Before the day return window I requested warranty service from Lenovo and they promptly sent a sturdy box for shipping the laptop to the Lenovo repair nbsp center I shipped it nbsp and it's been in Lenovo repair nbsp center ever since In fact it's been there for over a month which is longer than I even had the laptop I've contacted Lenovo support multiple nbsp times with the same response it's waiting for parts on the EasyServ site it says Hold for Parts - Service call is on hold until parts arrive and they cannot provide an ETA nbsp Since there's no ETA I would like to know what my options are besides continuing to wait Could I get a loaner laptop while the T is fixed Would Lenovo send me a new T with the same configuration and just sell the faulty one in their outlet after fixing it Could I just get a full refund for the laptop plus extended warranty purchase Other options This is one of those experiences that's really leaving me dissatisfied with Lenovo so any help at this point is much appreciated

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Warranty-repair-on-new-T460-taking-a-long-time/td-p/3330790
Relevancy 59.77%

Recently this has been happening: http://i.imgur.com/1Mc7v1B.png
So I ran a search and found this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494636/service-host-local-system-cpumemory-hog/
Is this still the best way to go about fixing it? If so, would anyone mind looking at the results for me?
I'm on Windows 8.
I have an intel i72700k and 16 gigs of RAM.
Bonus problem: My CPU is going up to the high 50% range usage and I'm not running anything big or much of anything period, going into task manager reveals that a large majority of the CPU is being used by nothing.

A:Service Host: Local System/Service Taking Too Much Memory

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please po... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536604/service-host-local-systemservice-taking-too-much-memory/
Relevancy 59.77%

I purchased a new xps from dell over two weeks ago nbsp Currently the laptop is working fine however I ve tried tried to register the laptop under my products multiple times since receiving the laptop nbsp Whenever to new for customer not tag reach service register service because xps13 to unable + warranty found unable I try to enter the service tag it keeps giving me an error quot Products not found nbsp There rsquo s no match for the Service Tags that were entered quot nbsp At first I thought maybe it was because the laptop was new but it new xps13 unable to register for warranty because service tag not found + unable to reach customer service has been weeks now and I m still getting the same message Not only that but I ve been trying to contact dell through email for weeks now and I always get the same quot you will get a response in hour quot reply but nobody ever replies nbsp I feel like the biggest moron right now because I paid for years of premium support and you won t even answer a freaking email nbsp I m pretty close to just returning this laptop and buying a piece of macbook because at least apple responds to support requests

A:new xps13 unable to register for warranty because service tag not found + unable to reach customer service

Was the system purchased direct from Dell?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997104
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Guys I resolved to air my views and opinions on how I have been treated by Dell support centre Dell over my inspiron which was purchased inspiron less warranty getting 3148 laptop taking 6month, fixed is Dell under forever. went keyboard than yet bad a Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever. while ago Less than months after the purchase this laptop coupled with intermittent usage of the PC the keyboard stopped responding nbsp I nbsp Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever. contacted the dell support centre and sent in the laptop based on warranty for the keyboard to be replaced This is the th week its being there making life unbearable and without communication on when I will get the PC Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever. back I was initially told it will take days for the keyboard to be repaired today makes it th day nbsp I don t know Dell could do a laptop whose keyboard would go under month talk less of being treated in the inhumanly way possible for an item under warranty My product tag is K B Any help or idea how I can get out of this mess

A:Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever.

Hi GEN2TY,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please private message us the details of the location you have sent the laptop for repair along with your email id.
Also, request you to edit the previous post which has the service tag of your system as it contains personal information.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984207
Relevancy 57.19%

"Tests by Devil Mountain Software show that Windows XP, coupled with Service Pack 3, runs some desktop computing tasks roughly twice as fast as Vista."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20080415/tc_nf/59295
A new way to monitor your Windows systems' performance
http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20080415/tc_infoworld/96445_1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-service-pack-3-will-come-this-month.704119/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have purshased a lenovo y50 laptop on 19th March during my trip to USA then I returned Egypt back and discovered that the laptop is defected with dead area in the trackpad and a horrible display with very ugly yellow color.

I contacted Lenovo Egypt and they told me to go to service provider to get these issues fixed. The service provider said they will replace the trackpad but they see that the screen is normal and they have no solution for it.

Before I bougth it, I made sure that all waranty services can be done from Egypt but Lenovo Egypt refused to replace the laptop and the service provider refuses to fix the screen. It is really disappointing!!

[Moderator note: Edited to remove personal information]

A:Lenovo Y50 - 70 Egypt Warranty Service

How to escalate this issue to Global Lenovo support?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Egypt-Warranty-Service/td-p/2055058
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I purchased an Inspiron 1543 on Oct 27, 2015 from an authorized dell store at GIP Mall Noida and since then I have been strutggling with Dell Warranty team to update the warranty status under dell festive offers. They have updated only NBD warranty date to Oct 2018 sine I have purchased two years extended warranty, but all the other warranty dates are yet to be updated and they are not even replying my emails. The worst customer service I have ever seen. I will never recommend anytone to buy a dell product. I have provided everything they reqested already. My service tag #<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>. My contact # are<ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>. Can anyone help? And specially Dell should not sell it's product through cheaters like Skope computers(A dell authorized showroom, GIM Mall, Noida.) They are thieves and cheaters and not have manners.

A:Warranty issue and customer service

Hello. You have posted on the Laptop Audio discussion board. I suggest that you post on the Customer Care board. Do not include your service tag and contact numbers, because those will be removed as per forum policy. If someone from Dell replies to your post, they will ask you to send them that information via the forum's private message feature.
I hope you find success in resolving your warranty issues.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19678891
Relevancy 57.19%

hello nbsp brought a ideapad series few months back ang got the motherboard problem times nbsp asked them to replace for one to one nbsp customer service Ideapad 500 - issue warranty support Ideapad 500 - warranty service issue center is really pathetic and very irresponsive guys they dont call mail to update nbsp they just take their own sweet time nbsp when i call to call center for the update they said its all already ready and asked me to collect but the support center guy after waiting for mins in queue he says no havent heard anything from the management nbsp really asked him who is management the reply was lenovo management nbsp why the support center doesnt work on weekends nbsp do expect your consumers to take half day leave just to go and wait in the support center to hear such irresponsive support answers nbsp within just months did visits to support center and still one more time to collect that dump nbsp i dont want support service business with lenovo and just wasting my time and efforts nbsp much much appriciated if you pay me my laptop money nbsp brought this laptop by beliving my friend's suggestion that the hardware is real professionally good nbsp haha nbsp by completely non-satisfied consumer nbsp Mod's Edit Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/very-problematic-laptop/td-p/3385821
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a HP ENVY m7-010dx that died last night.  Upon power up nothing happens except a continuous slow blinking light on the cap locks key.  I went through their online troubleshooting help section and it looks like it is a hardware issue and will be going in for warranty service.  The big problem I have is that the hard drive has lots of sensitive personal information on it that I believe a good tech could copy and fairly easily decipher.

So what can I do?  I have never removed an internal hard drive and accessed it as an external drive.  I really need to wipe all personal info before returning for warranty service.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:How to Secure Hard Drive Before Warranty Service

DVDs?  USB flash drive?

How much personal info are you talking about?

Since most of us don't have that much (IMO) personal info on a system...either of the above should do.  Simply copy the data to new media and then delete it from your hard drive before sending.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536737/how-to-secure-hard-drive-before-warranty-service/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi This is a rant plea for help from someone at Dell nbsp For the past months I ve been through the wringer with Dell s warranty service nbsp Short story for patience horrible service with Dell's Out warranty of those who don t want to read this entire tail of woe nbsp I ve been through LCD screens one motherboard replacement nbsp and now one entire system replacement - Out of patience with Dell's horrible warranty service and I still have a computer with issues because Dell keeps sending me JUNK and wrong parts - nbsp And to top it off my warranty is about to run out And now the long story My story begins almost a year ago when I purchased a new Inspiron nbsp I loved that laptop and things were great up until Feb of this year when the LCD screen developed an issue with burn-in image retention I contacted Dell tech support about this and the tech agreed that the screen needed replacing He said he d send out an on-site service tech with an LCD replacement kit and a motherboard nbsp I thought sending the motherboard was strange since the issue was clearly with the LCD screen nbsp So I asked why they d send a motherboard nbsp The tech said incase the replacement LCD doesn t fix it nbsp Strange This should have been a red flag but I just shrugged it off Jump forward a few days later and the on-site tech shows up nbsp He says he doesn t know how to replace the screen in this model laptop nbsp He said any time he s tried the clips in the bezel break nbsp He also said Dell should have sent the entire LCD assembly as there are no instructions to replace the LCD screen only nbsp He called up Dell s on-site tech support line to see if they could supply him with instructions and Dell instructed him TO REPLACE THE MOTHERBOARD for an issue with an LCD screen nbsp He didn t know what to make of it but did what they said and replaced a PERFECTLY GOOD motherboard which OF COURSE didn t fix anything nbsp So the tech says to ask them for the entire LCD assembly nbsp So I contact Dell and ask them for the specific part number which to their credit they send nbsp But of course there are still issues with the screen Dead pixels backlight bleed and the touch screen often has a mind of its own and causes the cursor to go crazy nbsp Also at this point I m noticing the laptop runs much warmer than before there s a loud quot coil whine quot and the touchpad now randomly stops sometimes nbsp So my perfectly good motherboard was replaced with a broken one Great By this time screen number had arrived nbsp But it was the wrong part nbsp It was the k UHD screen and I had the p version nbsp I am a software developer and I use Linux and a lot of Java software which does not scale properly on Hi-DPI screens So once again I had to contact Dell and tell them I can t use a k screen After sending the wrong part Dell said they d replace the entire system with a refurbished one nbsp Great Finally an end to this I hoped nbsp But nope Dell sends me an Inspiron quot gaming laptop quot with a k screen Even after I specifically told them I am unable to use a k screen nbsp However by this time I had well and truly had enough nbsp I just wanted to be done with the entire ordeal nbsp But as I am beginning to learn there is apparently no end to it because guess what the Inspiron has a few issues of its own nbsp The screen dims flickers when certain shades of blue enter the screen lots of owners are complaining about this it s an inherent flaw of the LG quot pentle quot screen used in these There are a few youtube videos that show this if you search nbsp I could have just changed the resolution to p and lived with the flicker but nbsp It OVERHEATS LIKE CRAZY and the fan never shuts off nbsp Even when idle nbsp Tonight nbsp as I was trying to use it the thermal protection kicked in and it actually turned itself off right when I was in the middle of working nbsp UNACCEPTABLE I ve been patient and courteous throughout all this nbsp But now I ve had enough I am not going ... Read more

A:Out of patience with Dell's horrible warranty service

Tough luck. I've also have had more hardware issues than I can count, including trackpad failures, fan issues, lights burnt out, etc... I just continuously had stuff break on my $1400 laptop for no reason. 
After months of dealing with this ***, I decided I just wanted Dell to buy the laptop back from me or give me store credit as that's really the only repayment for the amount of stress and issues this laptop has brought me. I was basically told by the highest level sales manager that I cannot return the laptop and I just have to go the Dell's support system. There is really nothing you can do except constantly call in service requests and once your warranty expires, like me, you are pretty much screwed.
That being said, I will never buy any Dell product again.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682784
Relevancy 56.33%

I am so frustrated with HP's customer service I will never buy an HP product again because of their nbsp horrendous customer service and the fact that HP either doesn't honor their warranties customer Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE service Not or they make it exceedingly difficult to do so nbsp I have an HP chromebook Pavilion Not Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE customer service nbsp -c dx that has a malfunctioning touchpad and no one from HP is helping me Intermittently my touchpad won't work The cursor pointer starts to shake vibrate making it almost impossible to click on what's intended and the scroll function freezes up Also a powerwash has not fixed the problem I started calling a couple of weeks ago while still under the one year warranty HP told me my chromebook was out of warranty It was not They had an incorrect purchase date They told Not Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE customer service me to scan and send proof of Not Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE customer service purchase I did twice to two different people and two different email addresses I was told my chromebook would be repaired and to wait for the box to ship it in nbsp I have an order number nbsp BFBB nbsp but I have received nothing According to the order status online it says waiting for customer action nbsp I was told by one of the several people I've spoken to that he would personally make sure my issue would be solved but refused to give me his full name Now when I reply to the emails I previously got from customer service I get automated replies stating my chromebook is out of warranty and I can no longer get email support I just called customer service and he said I still need to send in my receipt for proof of purchase SERIOUSLY HP you are doing terrible business by making it so difficult for people to have their problems fixed And shame on you for not honoring your warranties nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Not Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE customer service

Hi @bassplayinlady ,

I sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Regards,George

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Not-Honoring-Warranty-TERRIBLE-customer-service/td-p/4399758
Relevancy 56.33%

I wonder if in your country Lenovo guys ask you to wait 45 days for warranty works in service centre.In St.Petersburg, Russia I was asked to wait 45 days cuz spare parts are not available. And it is for really new laptop I just bought.Is it really firm service or home kitchen?I just wanna say Hi for VP in Lenovo company responsible for the customer service  Please let me know your awaiting time. Who give more?

DSC_0651.JPG ?989 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/45-days-term-waiting-of-warranty-service-for-Lenovo-notebook/td-p/3397918
Relevancy 56.33%

I sent my Asus K52Je to the warranty service last month, for a HD issue.

When returned, the HD was strangely partitioned:

Now, the Disk 0 has:
- a first (hidden) and not recognized partition: a 336 GB (!) RECOVERY;
- C:\ is the 116 GB NTFS
- D:\ is the 13.6 GB NTFS.

Should I resize the RECOVERY partition without any problem??
And after that, could I extend the C:\ partition? (I don't want to lose my licence and prefer not to use the 9-DVD-recovery tool...)

thank you.

A:resizing Recovery partition after a warranty service

You will under no circumstances lose your Win7 license as long as you have a genuine Win7 COA sticker on the machine. You can reinstall this in any way you wish and MS will protect you, which is why they put the Product Key on the COA sticker - you should back it up now in case it rubs off.

In fact most tech enthusiasts prefer to get rid of the bloatware by Clean Reinstalling Factory OEM Windows 7. Everything needed is in the blue link. Asus may not support a Clean Reinstall but they cannot void your hardware warranty. I would simply not tell them if I reinstall. You'll get better support here anyway.

With such incompetent partitioning I wonder if Recovery will even run. Can you cue it up to see? I would also make the Recovery disks now so you have a backup if you want the preinstalled Win7. Another backup is to save a Win7 backup image of your customized install: Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup. With these backups you may feel you can afford to delete the Recovery partition.

Either way you'll want to shrink it. I'd use Disk mgmt first to see how much it wants to shrink it. But you'll need to use free Partition Wizard bootable CD to safely Resize C to the left afterwards, which can also be used to shrink Recovery more if Disk Mgmt bumps into files in the way. You'll need to leave ample breathing room for Recovery to function. Partition Wizard Move/Resize Partition Video Help.

Personally I would rely on Recovery disks if i ever needed to fall back to factory condition to resell the unit. Otherwise I'd rely on a Win7 backup image of a factory install after I Clean Up Factory Bloatware, or for the very best performance I'd Clean Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/233881-resizing-recovery-partition-after-warranty-service.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I had sent my Y50-70 to Giat Solutions Service Center (Malaysia) to fix its screen. They found out that the part of the separator inside one of my USB port came out a little. But they decided it was CID (Customer Induced Damage). I recalled that the USB port was slightly tighter than the others when i first received it. I take a very good care of my laptop and i had not drop it once even after 1 year. The damage of the USB port looks nothing like those pictures Lenovo posted on their official website. I m very disappointed with the service since i paid a lot of money for that machine. If they cant fix the USB port for me, i can no longer trust the Lenovo Products. Please assist me.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/USB-PORT-WARRANTY-REJECTED-BY-SERVICE-CENTER-Y50-70/td-p/3414903
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello nbsp Service Warranty in Indi... not honored International I purchased a Y - laptop in US nbsp one nbsp year back I did check on the International Warranty Service both with US and Indian sales support teams and after that went ahead with the purchase of the laptop with year warranty extension nbsp nbsp Now I am in India and got an hinge problem with the laptop As per this link nbsp https forums lenovo com t Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series Y - -Touch-only-customer-review-broken-hinge- Lenovo investigated the issue and created a nbsp service TIP nbsp SF -I nbsp HT nbsp But the Indian customer support agents are International Warranty Service not honored in Indi... trivializing IWS and said that I need to take the laptop back to US for repair Even though the product is under IWS and supported in India it is disappointing to deal with arrogant customer support agents who are declining the repair by quoting IWS When I nbsp mention nbsp the nbsp service TIP International Warranty Service not honored in Indi... they are saying it is only for US and doesn t apply to IWS Could someone please let me know if that is true Would Lenovo IWS not cover a design defect nbsp This is my first Lenovo laptop and it is very unfortunate to go through this I went to local service centers twice already and each travel took me hours Hope someone can help nbsp Praveen

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/International-Warranty-Service-not-honored-in-India/td-p/3434745
Relevancy 55.9%

I ordered Precision M3800.
But warrant information on support website is incorrect.

How can I fix it?

Ship date: January 01, 0001
Service: No information available.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985797
Relevancy 55.9%

When I went to buy a laptop, I have not considered any other laptop as I thought Dell would be perfect for me. However, let me tell you, it's not. Within the period of 1 month, I started getting touch pad issues which is not resolved completely yet. This is not ended here. I bought this laptop (which was the worst decision I have ever made) in October 2014 and this Dell dashboard shows my warranty expiring in July 2015. I am emailing to them and nobody even bothers to give a reply. On phone support I have asked several times that I want to extend my warranty, however nobody helped me for that too. Is this your SO CALLED superior customer service and quality product? If yes then please stop selling Dell Inspiron 3542 model. Pathetic touch pad! LET ME KNOW HOW CAN I FILE A COMPLAINT as I cant take this harassment further.

A:How to file a complaint against dell customer service and Warranty

Contact link, bottom of the screen.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19616589
Relevancy 55.9%

I ordered Precision M3800.
But warrant information on support website is incorrect.

How can I fix it?

Ship date: January 01, 0001
Service: No information available.

A:Incorrect service warranty information on support website

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985023
Relevancy 55.47%

- Currently using OS windows bit - orignal OS was windows bit - The OS windows update came in automatically - Age of the hardware about months - Age of OS installation about month - I have reinstalled the couple of times with no luck - My cpu is Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz - Graphic cards INTEL R HD Ghraphics and Nvidia GeForce GTX M - System manufacturar is Asus i think - serialnumber F N CV C I bought this laptop about two months ago since then ive gotten constant BOSD errors nothing I did seemed to do anything I decided to send it laptop) old month at please repair (2 with service twice Constant BOSD, help luck, no to the repair service with no luck twice They ran a bunch of memtests and etc but found nothing wrong with it I had Constant BOSD, twice at repair service with no luck, please help (2 month old laptop) to pay for postal and diagnostic costs This is so frustruating please any kind souls of there please be kind as to help me solve this annoying issue here are the two files i zipped I really appreciate any kind of help im a student really dependent on this laptop Here is also a screenshot from my current BOSD Screenshot by Lightshot Documents zip

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/constant-bosd-twice-at-repair-service-with-no-luck-please-help-2-month-old-laptop-1045513.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am running windows Home Premium bit I built this computer back at the end of January-all new parts Within the first month I received BSODs consisting of Page Fault in Nonpaged Area and Memory Management happened twice and did the Windows Memory Diagnostic and Memtest and found that I had issues with my Memory After swapping out my memory each time with new I would go about weeks and then I would get more BSODs The types of BSODs that Several Exception, Service Memory last BSODs in Mgmt, month-System etc I am getting Several BSODs in last month-System Service Exception, Memory Mgmt, etc are SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION SYSTEM THREAD-EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED MEMORY MANAGEMENT PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA PFN LIST CORRUPT The most recent system service exception was when I was booting up windows last night They all seem to happen at random times I could be browsing the internet or I could step away and come back to find that an error occurred To try to debug the Memory Management and Page Fault BSODs since with my researching I found that a common reason for this is bad memory I once again ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and found no Hardware errors and I let Memtest run for hours and found no errors If anyone has insight as to why these may be happening I would greatly appreciate it

A:Several BSODs in last month-System Service Exception, Memory Mgmt, etc

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (Cx05) probably a driver.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.I understand you have done memtest already so start with verifier.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have a Raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver Verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition.
Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.
But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows.
If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like.
From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

If you are using win 8 add these
- Concurrency Stress Test
- DDI compliance checking

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Thanks to JCGriff2 & Usasma.

Sysnative Forums

Driver Reference Table

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Driver Verifier

Using Driver Verifier (Windows Drivers)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228084-several-bsods-last-month-system-service-exception-memory-mgmt-etc.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I sent my laptop in to be serviced under warranty because the keyboard would not work. was denied service because of water damage but now my screen doesn't work, can someone help

A:My screen won't turn on after service was denied on warranty due to water damage

Water can destroy a laptop or any other electronic device. Chances are that the water sat underneath the keyboard and flowed onto the motherboard where it dried causing corrosion and damaging the motherboard permanently. You could take the laptop to a repair shop and they could give you a repair estimate. Of course, you will have to pay for this repair. If a liquid is spilled on a laptop in the future, immediately open it and turn it upside down. This allows the liquid not to hit and pool on the motherboard, or in a keyboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-screen-wont-turn-on-after-service-was-denied-on-warranty-due-to-water-damage.178774/
Relevancy 52.46%

I use Ad-aware Spy-bot and CC Cleaner Nothing has shown up Also tried Trend Housecalls nothing there either I haven't added any new software or ANYTHING Just suddenly over a week period IE started slowing down and then Mozilla also I also Taking For Service! Last Resort In Before - tried to re-store to an earlier Last Resort - Before Taking In For Service! time when it worked fine but again after a couple weeks BOOM super slow or no response at all from both IE and Mozilla I looked over this log but as I have no clue what I'm looking at I'm hoping someone here can help Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows sttray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC Program Files Juno exec exeC Program Files Juno exec exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC Program Files Juno qsacc x exec exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Dianna Documents Computer Stuff HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http my juno com s search r minisearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my juno com s search r minisearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my juno com s sp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http my netzero net s search r minisearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http my netzero net s search r minisearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http my juno com s search r minisearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by DellR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook URLSearchHook Class - D CDBF- AF - AA- -BD D DA C B - C Program Files Juno SearchEnh dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Pop-up Blocker - EF -D A - AD-A -E CF - C Program Files Juno qsacc X IEBHO dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dllO - Toolbar JunoBar - FAC - BF - DD-B A -A EA CFF CF - C Program Files Juno Toolbar dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exeO - HKLM Run StartCCC C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKCU Run DellSupport quot C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe quot startupO - HKCU Run Juno uoltray C Program Files Juno exec exe regrunO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Si... Read more

A:Last Resort - Before Taking In For Service!

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogPlease also post the problems you are having.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102236/last-resort-before-taking-in-for-service/
Relevancy 52.03%

Started the other day I've done a system restore to a date before the problem I've ran Malwarebytes anti-malware and removed any problems and am only running microsoft applications on startup I've also deleted the taking up memory! Service.exe gig a virtual event logs as recommended here http Service.exe taking up a gig virtual memory! www dexternights com -after-launch I ran Hijack this and these are the results Any help would be much appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Documents and Settings Michael Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings Michael Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Michael Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Michael Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Michael Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries u en default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Tiscali O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO FlashGetBHO - b d e -fec - d - e a- d eeb d b - C Documents and Settings Michael Application Data FlashGetBHO FlashGetBHO dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - BHO no name - D C E -C - E - E - AA AEB - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO kikin Plugin - E F-E - CA- B-CD A EEE - C Program Files kikin ie kikin dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - Toolbar no name - A CC E- FE- - FF-A F C B C A - no file O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - Toolbar Veoh Web Player Video Finder - FBB -D D - f a-A E - B BFC - C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer VeohIEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run LXCDCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCDtime dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM RunServices HP Deskjet HP DeskJet exe O - HKCU RunOnce Shockwave Updater C WINDOWS system Adobe Shockwave SwHelper exe -Update - - quot Mozilla Windows U Windows ... Read more

A:Service.exe taking up a gig virtual memory!

Usually you don't post a hijack log unless requested to do so.

Sorry but clearing your event viewer logs is a bogus suggestion for addressing services.exe memory usage imho.

What would have been nice would be you posting a picture of task manager with the services.exe using 1gig of memory and what your other performance stats would look like.

This means you need to expand your task manager so you can see
vm size
peak mem usage
mem delta
page faults

Then a view of running applications would be nice also.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/service-exe-taking-up-a-gig-virtual-memory-529151.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

Seemingly out of no where (this computer is a couple years old) my internet on my PC would just stop working (started about two weeks ago). Malware searches and virus scans turn up nothing. Noticed that SVCHOST.exe was taking up about 30-40% of my CPU under network service username (if that helps). I did some googling and found some info regarding superfetch and turning it off, so I did and that did nothing to help the problem (that I can tell).

I also ran RogueKiller X64 since the issue and cleaned three registry issues...

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks!!

A:SVCHOST Network Service taking up 30-40% of CPU

Not sure if this will help at all, but the services that seem to be associated with the spike in cpu usage are CryptSvc, Dnscache, Lanmarworkstation, and NlaSvc.

Ending the process doesn't seem to cause any issues, except making my internet work like normal until the processes restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/349210-svchost-network-service-taking-up-30-40-cpu.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have an issue on this laptop that when I open up the lid one of the services that runs under svchost.exe starts eating up CPU cycles/RAM for a long time before computer comes to normal. If I bring up Task Manager and locate the offending svchost.exe process, then right-click it and select "go to services":

It brings up a whole bunch of them (about 10 or more.)

So I was curious to know if there's an option to tell CPU and RAM usage per service (and not just svchost.exe) so I can kill (stop) the offending one?

A:How to tell which service in svchost.exe is taking up CPU clocks, RAM?

It is most likely the Windows Update service. You can confirm this by stopping that service when the high RAM/CPU usage occurs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/382496-how-tell-service-svchost-exe-taking-up-cpu-clocks-ram.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So about a week ago my computer started acting really slow and unusual. I opened the Task Manager and the process System and Service Host were taking a huge amount of my CPU and Disk. Also a program called Windows host process(Runfll32) has been doing the same. I immediately ran a Maleware Bytes scan and re-downloaded avast to run an anti-virus scan. Those found nothing and so I am really confused as to why it is doing this. This doesn't happen for a very long time either. They can start and stop in 5 seconds or 30 mins and it seems to be happening randomly. The computer could be sitting there doing nothing and it still does it. I have a HP Envy 15 laptop and it runs windows 8.1. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Service Host and System taking up 99% CPU or DISK

Hello, and welcome to Bleeping Computer Please follow instructions here and let me know which services belong to the svchost.exe processes that take up the most CPU.For convenience, you can take a screenshot (see instructions here) of the processes and their service lists, then upload it to Imgur and copy the IMG link here.After that run this.Emsisoft Emergency KitPlease download Emsisoft Emergency Kit and save it to your desktop. Double click on the EmsisoftEmergencyKit file you downloaded to extract its contents and create a shortcut on the desktop. Leave all settings as they are and click the Extract button at the bottom. A folder named EEK will be created in the root of the drive (usually c:\).After extraction please double-click on the new Start Emsisoft Emergency Kit icon on your desktop.The first time you launch it, Emsisoft Emergency Kit will recommend that you allow it to download updates. Please click Yes so that it downloads the latest database updates.When the update process is complete, a new button will appear in the lower-left corner that says Back. Click on this button to return to the Overview screen.Click on Scan to be taken to the scan options. If you are asked if you want the scanner to scan for Potentially Unwanted Programs, then click Yes.Click on the Malware Scan button to start the scan.When the scan is completed click the Quarantine selected objects button. Note, this option is only available if malicious objects were detected during the scan.When the threats have been quarantined, click the View report button in the lower-right corner, and the scan log will be opened in Notepad.Please save the log in Notepad on your desktop, and attach it to your next reply.When you close Emsisoft Emergency Kit, it will give you an option to sign up for a newsletter. This is optional, and is not necessary for the malware removal process.Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581883/service-host-and-system-taking-up-99-cpu-or-disk/
Relevancy 51.6%

I SCAN SCAN SCAN EVERYTHING in safe mode for virus with avast i tried avg in regular mode anti malware in regular mode etc etc super anti spyware in regular mode driving me nuts here is my hijack log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP service network all my Svchost.exe memory!!!!!!!!!! taking SP WinNT MSIE Internet Svchost.exe network service taking all my memory!!!!!!!!!! Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS Svchost.exe network service taking all my memory!!!!!!!!!! System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE Svchost.exe network service taking all my memory!!!!!!!!!! C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Razer Lachesis razerhid exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Razer Lachesis OSD exe C Program Files Razer Lachesis razertra exe C Program Files Razer Lachesis razerofa exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProShellHlp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ask com o amp l dis R - URLSearchHook DefaultSearchHook Class - C E B- - A - B- B BEFC DB - C Program Files AskSearch bin DefaultSearch dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run NVHotkey rundll exe nvHotkey dll Start O - HKLM Run Lachesis C Program Files Razer Lachesis razerhid exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C P... Read more

A:Svchost.exe network service taking all my memory!!!!!!!!!!

What makes you think that svchost is using a lot of memory?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/svchost-exe-network-service-taking-all-my-memory.839022/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to Install SP2 (XP) because my current with my current SP1, I can hardly do anything.

I've been waiting a couple of hours and its still saying "Checking for necessary space".

How can I install SP@ without any problems?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/service-pask-2-installation-taking-too-long-315873.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to Install SP2 (XP) because my current with my current SP1, I can hardly do anything.

I've been waiting a couple of hours and its still saying "Checking for necessary space".

How can I install SP2 without any problems?

A:[SOLVED] Service Pask 2 Installation Taking Too Long

get SP3. i have. it has 1073 bug fixes for SP2. other than that im not sure, are you updating for formmating? i suggest formatting as thats what i have always done.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-service-pask-2-installation-taking-too-long-315874.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello! Service Host: Local System CPU is taking up a lot of memory on my Windows 8 HP Envy 17. It's at a whopping 196.8 MB. When I'm watching a Youtube video or reading manga, the fan did not spin fast or get hot. It only did when I watched anime on Gogoanime. Now, the fan heats up as the memory and CPU go up over the smallest things like taking pictures on the webcam or downloading updates like Cyberlink for the Youcam via HP Support Assistant. I haven't run System Restore since I recently reset my laptop to factory conditions. I have like 5 Google Chrome 32 bit opened and one of them is like around 102.5 MB. 

I would appreciate any help. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520409/service-host-local-system-cpu-taking-up-memory/
Relevancy 50.74%

DATE TEST
Month Total
2015/04 1
2015/07 1
2015/09 1
2016/01 1
2016/02 1

As you can see from the above results an Access query there are periods without any data. I need them to be displayed within the query as a zero. Can someone tell me how to achieve this easily please.

My query currently reads:

SELECT Format([TimeOfCall],"yyyy/mm") AS [Month], Count([INCIDENT NEW].SALESIncidentIdentifier) AS Total
FROM (SALES LEFT JOIN VICTIM ON SALES.IncidentIdentifier = VICTIM.SALESIncidentIdentifier) RIGHT JOIN [INCIDENT NEW] ON SALES.IncidentIdentifier = [INCIDENT NEW].SALESIncidentIdentifier
WHERE (((VICTIM.VictimType)="1"))
GROUP BY Format([TimeOfCall],"yyyy/mm");

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/getting-month-periods-to-show-in-access-query-as-0-when-there-is-no-data-for-the-month.4070246/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm trying to create an Access query that compares invoices generated in May of 2002 to invoices generated in May of 2003 so we can see how much money we made compared to last year at this time.

I've tried datediff, dateserial, dateadd but can't seem to get it right. Can some kind soul give me a hand here?

A:(Resolved) Compare this month's sales to this month last year

I figured it out. Had to use "between". I was trying to just hone in on a particular month last year but I guess that was the lazy way out. Anyway, here's what I ended up with to compare May 02 to May 03:

Between DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,Month(Date())-1,1) And DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,Month(Date()),1)-1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-compare-this-months-sales-to-this-month-last-year.136980/
Relevancy 49.88%

sir service engineer told me that your ram socket burns due to heat or power fluctuation  and so we have to change your motherboard for that and this is not covered in your warranty. i have adp warranty .So can i arugu with them in these conditions  ?Is warranty doesnot cover issue due to power fluctuation , which cover accidental protection, too ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/is-adp-warranty-and-standard-warranty-doesnot-cover-issue/td-p/5835196
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm trying to create an Access query that compares invoices generated in May of 2002 to invoices generated in May of 2003 so we can see how much money we made compared to last year at this time.

I've tried datediff, dateserial, dateadd but can't seem to get it right. Can some kind soul give me a hand here?

A:Compare this month's sales to this month last year

I figured it out. Had to use "between". I was trying to just hone in on a particular month last year but I guess that was the lazy way out. Anyway, here's what I ended up with to compare May 02 to May 03:

Between DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,Month(Date())-1,1) And DateSerial(Year(Date())-1,Month(Date()),1)-1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compare-this-months-sales-to-this-month-last-year.136979/
Relevancy 49.02%

sir hi actually i bought my lappi last year in the month of may 25th and since i was in last year of my collage i did not bother  to extend becouse of money issue. can i extend the warranty of the lapptop now ??pls help and if yes then what all the procedure i need to follow. ?  w/w  aayan akash. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/can-extend-the-warranty-HP-laptop-warranty-got-expired-which/td-p/5780150
Relevancy 47.73%

I am a i nsurace agent, i have to collect the premium with my client every month. Every time need to check 1 by 1 is tired.
i also find many tutorial but still not understanding the step. if any can help just to help. can be the due date client put in a notice boxes?

Here is my file:

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, My laptop's manufacturer warranty has expired on January 24 2016. Can I buy extend warranty for my lappy??  

A:Can I extend the warranty after its manufacture warranty has...

Hello, If unit doesn't have any issues right now, yes you can extend the warranty. if there is any issue with the laptop then after repair you can extend the warranty  #hpexpertday

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Can-I-extend-the-warranty-after-its-manufacture-warranty-has/td-p/5628410
Relevancy 45.58%

As the title suggests - my invoice specifically says 3yrs warranty was purchased with my M3800 in November 2014. I'm now showing as out of warranty after 2yrs
I'm having issues with a screen that was replaced in May/June 2016 and would like a replacement as I believe the unit is faulty. Please can you get in touch to resolve.
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997367
Relevancy 39.99%

Hiya There is a flaw in the Winsock Proxy service in Microsoft Proxy Server and the Microsoft Firewall service in ISA Server that would allow an attacker on the internal network to send a specially crafted packet that would cause the server to stop responding to internal and external requests Receipt of such a packet would cause Denial Service Service Cause Can ISA Winsock Service Firewall Of In Flaw Proxy And CPU utilization on the server to reach and thus make the server unresponsive The Winsock Proxy service and Microsoft Firewall service work with FTP telnet mail Flaw In Winsock Proxy Service And ISA Firewall Service Can Cause Denial Of Service news Internet Relay Chat IRC or other client applications that are compatible with Flaw In Winsock Proxy Service And ISA Firewall Service Can Cause Denial Of Service Windows Sockets Winsock These services allow these applications to perform as if they were directly connected to the Internet These services redirect the necessary communications functions to a Proxy Server or ISA Server computer thus establishing a communication path from the internal application to the Internet through it Maximum Severity Rating Important Affected Software Microsoft Proxy Server Microsoft ISA Server Download locations for this patch Proxy Server http microsoft com downloads deta B - FB- EB-BAFD- A D E amp displaylang en ISA Server English http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang en French http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang fr German http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang de Spanish http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang es Japanese http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang ja http www microsoft com technet treeview default asp url technet security bulletin MS - asp Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flaw-in-winsock-proxy-service-and-isa-firewall-service-can-cause-denial-of-service.128151/
Relevancy 38.27%

Dear all Here are my PC specs - Windows Applications too PC taking down long load to long - shut taking to too Ultimate - bit GB Ram Sata Hard Disks of GB and GB both of which are relatively empty Radeon HD Graphics Card Antivirus - Microsoft Security Essentials Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-A M-UD Applications taking too long to load - PC taking too long to shut down H CPU - AMD A - GHZ Off late my PC takes way too long to start any application At times even if I click on a folder it doesn't open and finally the PC gives me the 'Wait or Close' option Even while switching off the PC it takes a long time I clean my PC regularly and run scans from time to time The PC doesn't show any virus or malware as of now Any suggestions what I can do I assembled it not more than years ago and it's started behaving like this off late Also at times my GB hard disk doesn't show up under my computer I have to open my cabinet and tighten the SATA and Power cable and then it shows up again Any help will be appreciated

A:Applications taking too long to load - PC taking too long to shut down

Quote: Originally Posted by kanhaiya91

I clean my PC regularly and run scans from time to time. The PC doesn't show any virus or malware as of now.

Any suggestions what I can do? I assembled it not more than 2 years ago and it's started behaving like this off late.

Also, at times my 320 GB hard disk doesn't show up under my computer. I have to open my cabinet and tighten the SATA and Power cable and then it shows up again.

Tell us the details of how you "clean my PC". What do you do exactly and how often?

Have you checked running processes or services through Task Manager when it seems to be slow?

The drive issue may be the cause. Have you tried another cable or connecting the hard drive to another port?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/371045-applications-taking-too-long-load-pc-taking-too-long-shut-down.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, I have win8 Enterprise. when i connection to internet two service with names service host: Network service and service host: local system download automatically, i thought that it relate to windows update but automatic update is off and my windows is up to date. what is the problem? what can i do that stop them's download?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11893-service-host-network-service-service-host-local-system-download-auto.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I have a media rota as an Excel spreadsheet for tech team activities for Sundays at my church I want to highlight using conditional formatting the first Sunday of the month and to colour-band alternate months I could do this manually each time I issue the rota but it would save a little time if the colours could automatically be set when I determine the activity dates The rota covers four months at a time see attached I set the starting date by typing into cell A I know how to use Conditional Formatting but don t know how to calculate the first Sunday The quot first Sunday quot formatting would of course be applied to all dates in the First Day a in Month A column and the banding to all cells between A and F so there are four cells that would need to accommodate both - but maybe I m running before I can walk I use Excel in Office running under WinXPPro I am an experienced Excel user but I don t do VBA nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

I have been having problems with laptops both Compaq Presario Notebooks with Windows XP and have spent over hours online with tech support hired a month... a HELP!! please over It's been local computer tech to restore one computer and still having the same issues and same messages coming up I purchased Webroot Spysweeper and McAfee Anti virus with the computer and now have Spybot It's been over a month... please HELP!! from a tech person that I talked to I am posting the most recent log from my last Spybot Search amp Destroy that I just did I saw someone else was getting some of the same errors and thought maybe you could help me figure this out My boyfriend and I had It's been over a month... please HELP!! the two laptops networked and shared a wireless DSL connection and that is when we starting having all of these problems Please give me any advice and I would be happy to make a donation Sorry this is soooo long but I still have pages of system information saved in a Word document that was too long to send Search result list --- Microsoft WindowsSecurityCenter AntiVirusDisableNotify Settings Registry change nothing done HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center AntiVirusDisableNotify dword Microsoft WindowsSecurityCenter FirewallDisableNotify Settings Registry change nothing done HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Security Center FirewallDisableNotify dword Log Activity COM log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS COM log Log Activity SchedLgU Txt Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS SchedLgU Txt Log Activity imsins log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS imsins log Log Activity OEWABLog txt Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS OEWABLog txt Log Install comsetup log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS comsetup log Log Install ocgen log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS ocgen log Log Install setupact log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS setupact log Log Install setupapi log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS setupapi log Log Install setuperr log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS setuperr log Log Install setuplog txt Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS setuplog txt Log Install wmsetup log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS wmsetup log Log Install DtcInstall log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS DtcInstall log Log Shutdown System wbem logs mofcomp log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs mofcomp log Log Shutdown System wbem logs setup log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs setup log Log Shutdown System wbem logs wbemcore log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs wbemcore log Log Shutdown System wbem logs wbemess lo Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs wbemess lo Log Shutdown System wbem logs wbemess log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs wbemess log Log Shutdown System wbem logs wbemprox log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs wbemprox log Log Shutdown System wbem logs winmgmt log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs winmgmt log Log Shutdown System wbem logs wmiadap log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs wmiadap log Log Shutdown System wbem logs wmiprov log Backup file nothing done C WINDOWS System wbem logs wmiprov log Internet Explorer Typed URL list files Registry key nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer TypedURLs Internet Explorer Download directory Registry change nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Download Directory Internet Explorer User agent Registry change nothing done HKEY USERS DEFAULT Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Internet Explorer User agent Registry change nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Internet Explorer User agent Registry change nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings User Agent Mozi... Read more

A:It's been over a month... please HELP!!

Hi, I haven't seen any responses to my post last night even though several people have reviewed it? Can someone please assist me with this? Also, why is there a check mark on my thread? Answered the check mark question myself. Sorry. I am a bit frustrated at this point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/its-been-over-a-month-please-help.555502/
Relevancy 35.26%

Going to try here one more time before I scrap this computer About a month get over a help for month. to Trying ago I got the quot fake anti-virus quot virus I ve seen it called the quot Rogue anti virus quot I deleted the virus presumably but major damage seems to be irreversible Computer is extremely slow Trying to get help for over a month. now it seems to by constantly running something making a lot of noise lights flashing etc Under task manager nothing unusual is running Just getting firefox to open is a major chore as it usually results in quot program is not responding quot Exe files no longer work If I place a video game into the disc Trying to get help for over a month. try the installer will not open For example a blizzard game will come up as quot blizzardinstaller exe quot under task manager but then it will close within seconds I also have problems launching about of exe programs that are already installed and if they do launch then they are impossible to use due to the lag which use to never be a issue The virus deleted all system restore points when it deleted the system restore program In its current state this computer is almost impossible to work on super laggy Ideally I would like to do a full system restore I don t have a disc Is there a way to do a full system restore on Win during the start up process I ve tried the majority of the F keys but have yet to find anything Thanks

A:Trying to get help for over a month.

Why didn't you finish with this thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic432877.html/page__p__2512356#entry2512356 ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434893/trying-to-get-help-for-over-a-month/
Relevancy 35.26%

well here's an up date on my experience of buying an Acer desk top as i have said before was going to buy dell but hey just happened to be out of stock of the PC that i was going to buy so i took chance and bought Acer XC- and its been nbsp nbsp a bit nbsp of a month old one sorry purchase having to take the first one back to be replaced nbsp and due to one month old work i have hardly used the replacement and boy nbsp o boy nbsp is it a slow slow slow bit of kit and nbsp my advice to anyone would be give Acer a body swerve and buy another brand as you will be wasting your cash for a brand new PC windows ten to be so slow is nbsp unbelievable loading basic web browsing pages takes ages nbsp and well i could go on but i have just one month old been stung for large sum of cash and feel robbed so buyer beware nbsp will post further update on PC one month old performance but dont have any high hopes of improvments nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/one-month-old/td-p/461604
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi every one , if i put an extra hard drive in the spare bay on my brand new hp870-040na gaming pc will it invalidate the warranty

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Warranty/td-p/5706508
Relevancy 35.26%

How can I update my graphis card without voiding my warranty

A:Warranty

Dear Customer, Upgrading Graphics card, Memory will not VOID the warranty.But if you daamage anything in the process of replacement, yes ,it'll void the warranty. If you do without causing any obvious damage, internally or externally, it won't affect your warranty. Please provide the Exact model and product number of your PC Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Warranty/td-p/5841197
Relevancy 35.26%

I have purchased a laptopm in usa before 10 months back i'm facing a display issue i have taken for replacing in service centre in india .They are saying that my particular model is not supported in india . Can i claim for a warranty 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/warranty/td-p/5679869
Relevancy 35.26%

Is the warranty of a HP notebook purchased in Australia international?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/WARRANTY/td-p/5817384
Relevancy 35.26%

if i remove the heat Spreader off of the ram and put a diff. one on with that mess up my Warranty.

A:Ram Warranty

sorry for posting this, i just found the info i needed, and again sorry for the post. google is my new best friend

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-warranty.82558/
Relevancy 35.26%

I just purchased my HP Beats 23-n010 April 3, 2016, and they are telling me my warranty expired April 13, 2016. What can I do? 

A:warranty

@vicki-m

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/warranty/td-p/5598409
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi! I have a quick question, my laptop came with a mechanical hard disk which i would like to replace with a solid state.The problem is that there is a sticker saying "Warranty void if label tampered with or removed" covering one of the screws. The end date of warranty is until Jul 2017. What i should do? Why HP is doing this really? I never owned a laptop which was impossible to upgrade the ram or the hdd...  

A:Warranty & SSD

Hi, I know many vendors do that. I always say, HP should do the same. In this case, you need to contact an Authorized Service Provider parts, they will perdorm this work for you. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Warranty-amp-SSD/td-p/5752007
Relevancy 35.26%

So, my HP Envy x360 has a screen problem that I described in an earlier post, but the situation that I am in currently is that around February, I contacted HP to get a box to send my laptop back and get it repaired in. Now, I couldn't send it back at the time because I needed it every day for classes. So, I decided to wait until the end of the school year, not thinking that my warranty expires in April . Is it still possible for me to send my laptop back to be repaired free of charge? Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Warranty/td-p/5672251
Relevancy 35.26%

i have purchased my laptop on 22 march 2016 but when i checked it for warranty its showing that my product has expired on 12 feb 2016. i have posted a warranty dispute about 10 days ago yet i have not recieved any contact support from hp. please help me...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Warranty/td-p/5715789
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi, I've just bought a new laptop. I opened the program HP Support Assistant and it says that the remaining warranty is only 8 months. How is it possible? Thank you.

A:HP Warranty

Hi, By default it may pick the build date. Please call HP in your country with your invoice, they will fix it for you. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Warranty/td-p/5842124
Relevancy 35.26%

how do i get the warranty for my geforce graphic card because the fan and heatsink is broken when i bought it and i cant do anything and i lost the bill and it keeps overheating now the computer turns off after 10 seconds now how do i get it?

contact who you purchased it from and see what they can do. they should have records of the transaction. if you purchased it with a charge card you could contact them also for any record of the purchase.

lastly contact the manufacturer and see what they can do. some things go back there anyway i think

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warranty.511303/
Relevancy 35.26%

i recently transferred my ownership to india and now my laptop got a physical damage. the service centre people are saying that the ads warranty covers only in US but i already transferred to india. what should i do now???

A:regarding ads warranty

Accidental damage coverage (Complete care) is one thing that CANNOT be transferred internationally.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993996
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello Sir...
Sir my name is Asim Ahmad and I am from Pakistan
Sir I bought new Laptop
HP Notebook - 15-ay010np (ENERGY STAR), Product no:W9U31EA#AB9 and Serial no:[personal information removed] 
from Naseem Laptops KPK, Pakistan in Pakistan on 12th of November, 2016 but when I checked it's online warranty then it showed me that your Laptop warranty has been expired on 07th of July, 2016...
Sir please tell me what I do..

Warranty is 1 year from first retail sale. Either the seller sold you a laptop previously sold or it sat on his shelf for a long time. Keep the receipt as you may need it to prove when you bought it. The date in the HP system is automatically generated based on wholesale delivery plus an average shelf time. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Warranty/td-p/5850356
Relevancy 35.26%

Hey, I want to make clean install of my ES1-331. Will I lose warranty? I have made several clean installs I know what I am doing. Also is warranty elligible under Windows Insider builds? Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Warranty/td-p/465463
Relevancy 35.26%

System is a dell studio xps 435mt/ os 7 premium/ I7 CPU/ 8 gigs of ram/ ati video card just replaced 3 months ago/ hitachi deskstar 500g hd/power supply delta 360w.

Had no error messages. Was running fine, it had a few glitches but nothing serious. I attempted to power up the system but nothing , it has power the green light is on for the power supply.. I get one amber light when i press the power button on front panel, and one flicker of the red light on the video card.

This system is only 2 years old. The warranty expired on it's second birthday, which was the day after the warranty ran out.

thank you wblunt775

Relevancy 35.26%

i lost my notebooks receipt. is warranty of device is still valid?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/warranty/td-p/5674412
Relevancy 35.26%

i lost my notebooks receipt. is warranty of device is still valid?

Relevancy 35.26%

I have just bought a HP larpto and the speakers are faulty. I know this because when I plug in earphones the sound is good but with just speakers it is no good. how do i report this to HP ?? I have tried to link a warranty on my passport account but it says I have no entitlement. This is making me crazy, I have only just bought the machine and the warranty is entitled

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/warranty/td-p/5842047
Relevancy 35.26%
Relevancy 35.26%

i purchesh laptop on 18/07/2016.how i register on back to college offer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/FOR-WARRANTY/td-p/5732720
Relevancy 35.26%

I posted a msg regarding a possible IRQ problem and missing internet connection.  Received a PM to call a number, did so and worked with a person from Skyfill who told me my warranty was expired.  My computer shows that I have 6 months left but the help person disputed that; so I paid for assistance to get computer internet connection fixed.   How do I dispute the warranty coverage?

Hi, To the best of my knowledge HP provides PC support in house. I have never heard of "Skyfill". I think the "PM' you received may have been part of a scam. You should have been calling an HP phone number for support. Jay

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/warranty/td-p/5698702
Relevancy 35.26%

i'm having issues with my laptop.I think something inside the charging port is broken, I have to wiggle the cable to different positions to get it to charge.And also the keyboard is acting up, I'm using a bluetooth keyboard right now.I have 90n days left and i dont know how to use the warranty  or where to send my laptop to get it fixed.Thanks

A:warranty how to use it.

Open a Support Case online. Put your serial number in the box here and follow the prompts: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/scm/home?ac.admitted=1470519006685.1123376534.1994... How to find serial number: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/warranty-how-to-use-it/td-p/5716412
Relevancy 35.26%

My laptops memory died.The ram was from kingston.I would like to know whether the ram any warranty is applicable from hp or kingston.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ram-warranty/td-p/5807728
Relevancy 35.26%

Help please. HP Support Assistant changed overnight and now shows Warranty Expired and date Dec 2015 when I bought the PC. Expiry date should be 3 December 2016.Have sent HP Warranty Dispute form and evidence of purchase (twice). No response. Have used Assistant Agent twice and was very pleased with excellent service. Because warranty is out of date, according to HP, contact with them is limited and try as I can I have been unable to get a phone call through to customer service (its always busy!). I have even contacted HP  Head Office who gave me the same phone number and a complaints e- mail address which turned out to be in South America! Message on HP Support Assistant  received today asks me to continue  warranty by paying for 2 year cover. Have paid for this today and hope this will sort situation. Meanwhile who can I e mail at HP in the UK to resolve this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Warranty/td-p/5687583
Relevancy 35.26%

Notebook was dead out of the box.  No response after power on.  Need HP warranty information to get this resolved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/warranty/td-p/5659432
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi I bought a display unit of AiO at the Singapore COMEX 2016 1 week ago. Sales rep told me there's on site 3 years warranty given by HP but when I set up the unit and there was a pop up warranty indicating the warranty period only covers 1 year.And the registration was done by the retailer when the pc was put on display in the event. Please advise what I can do to obtain the 3 years revised status? Should I go back to the retailer ie., Courts Singapore? Thanks.

Hi, Normally consumers products ONLY have 1 year warranty. During expo, you may get special deal. Please check the invoice/receipt or talk with point-of-sale. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Warranty/td-p/5765886
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi Team,
I purchased a Dell Inspiron 17 7778 laptop last week. But the service warranty information is incorrect on Dell support web page. The ship date is January 01, 0001, the country is unknown and the warranty service is missing. Please fix it.

If this is the same system you asked about in your other threads, it was purchased outside Dell's sales channel in a country where Dell has no corporate presence --  all service, support and information comes from your seller.  
From the sound of it, the system either has a bogus service tag or was purchased as greymarket goods.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994486
Relevancy 35.26%

iam from india. i want to purchase a hp factory refurbished laptop from amazon. i want to know that if i extend warranty from usa will it be valid in india.the link ishttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005XI3CAY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AMIV6GPTMA7ZJ

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/warranty/td-p/5652897
Relevancy 35.26%

I bought a refurbished Latitude E about two months ago and the system gave warranty? me a warning days ago saying the battery is reaching its life cycle and It need to replace a new battery After I tried to call and online chat with different dell departments for hours including chat with one very rude custom service person I was finally told that they get a lot warranty? of similar complains it is normal and I can not expect the battery better than that Should the furbished laptop not be similar to the new one introduction of this laptop on shop said the battery should last to hours when I made the purchase my laptop is less than half of it This is not warranty? the first time there are issues with my dell laptops but the warranty is just ridiculous for a laptop bought months ago This is the first refurbished computer that I ever bought and I hope this is the last laptop I bought from dell

A:warranty?

If the battery is original to the system, it's between 4 and 5 years old - and likely well past its design life.  A "refurbished" system of that model is not the same as a "refurbished" new system - was it purchased direct from Dell, or elsewhere?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994307
Relevancy 34.83%

My Acer has been problematic since I  purchased it from Costco June 23, 2016.  Under the direction of Acer I  have already had to have it wiped out and had to renter ALL my bookkeeping.  Now I am having problems with it and Costco tells me to contact Acer for a replacement computer.   When I tried to speak with a "chat" person, I was told my computer was out of warranty. HELP!

A:4 month old Acer. Why am I getting an "out of war...

Hello Travelinkid,

Please tell us the model number of your computer so we can move your message to the right location.

Thanks!

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the  Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/4-month-old-Acer-Why-am-I-getting-an-quot-out-of-warranty-quot/td-p/464260
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi

I got another 2 new BSOD's just this month.

attached dmp files.

thanks in adavance

A:2 new BSODs this month

Inside the 2 Minidumps:

BugCheck 7A, {c05cf000, c000000e, b9e0050c, 34354860}
Probably caused by : atapi.sys

BugCheck 1000008E, {80000004, 806ecae1, a10f4130, 0}
Unable to load image igxpmp32.sys, Win32 error 0n2
Probably caused by : pci.sys
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exeClick to expand...

Sorry must go, but I put the faulting process in bold

Initial thoughts
Looks like driver issue. You need to update all your drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-new-bsods-this-month.113554/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi Folks Could someone help me out here I ve spent a huge amount of time trying to get my head around this but without any success What I m trying to do is Autofilter VBA month on in to filter a worksheet for printing based on the selected month in a userform drop down list I ve attached a screen capture of the two user forms used - see quot Excel Report Userform PDF quot The first is a menu of available reports When the Management Report is selected button number then the Report Date userform opens and the user is asked to select a reporting period The dates are stored as Autofilter on month in VBA short dates in European format dd mm yyyy See attached sample quot L Column Sample jpg quot Incidently arrows on the column are hidden When the Month is selected the index value is stored in a public variable ReportingPeriodVal I then use a Select Case to determine the action to be taken Private Sub ReportPeriod Change ReportingPeriodVal ReportPeriod ListIndex Unload ReportDate End Sub Where I m Autofilter on month in VBA struggling is how to code the criteria for the Autofilter when the month is selected The code below has message boxes just to test the Select Autofilter on month in VBA Case functionality Select Case ReportingPeriodVal Case MsgBox quot YTD quot amp ReportingPeriodVal Case To MsgBox quot Selected Month is quot amp ReportingPeriodVal Case MsgBox quot Q quot Case MsgBox quot Q quot Case MsgBox quot Q quot Case MsgBox quot Q quot End Select I can t attach the workbook because it contains company confidential data Thanks in advance Coop nbsp

A:Autofilter on month in VBA

why don't you add 2 columns to your data, one for Month and one for Quarter
for quarter:
=ROUNDUP(MONTH(A2)/3,0)

for Month
=Month("A2")
Then use 2 combo's for either Month or Quarter...disable the other when one is selected...don't see a need for a select statement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autofilter-on-month-in-vba.789605/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey there guys,

For the last month I have been encountering several bluescreens and I can't find the cause of it.
Late november I updated my Nvidia Graphics card and then it all started happening, although I'm not sure if this is the cause. I tried to install some new drivers but it still keeps bluescreening after a while.
Also my fan of my power supply was broken so I got a new one for that aswell and that also didn't fixed my problem.
I have been looking on several forums and internetpages but I couldn't find the problem.
I put a link from Speccy (http://speccy.piriform.com/results/x...UJJfEWi6u0XVmt) and a log from Bluescreenview here.
I really hope you guys can solve my problem!

Regards,

Yosika

A:Bluescreens last month

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Hopefully someone can help now with more info! :)
All the info from http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html should be in here!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bluescreens-last-month-777578.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I am sorry to ask such a simple question but has anyone received updates since 9/12 for Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit? I have not had a single update for almost a month. Does this seem odd? I just registered to receive emails from Microsoft whenever updates are released. Maybe then I can see if I am not receiving them for some reason.

If you have any thoughts, I'd appreciate it!

Landon

A:No updates for almost a month

Originally Posted by landonab

I am sorry to ask such a simple question but has anyone received updates since 9/12 for Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit? I have not had a single update for almost a month. Does this seem odd? I just registered to receive emails from Microsoft whenever updates are released. Maybe then I can see if I am not receiving them for some reason.

If you have any thoughts, I'd appreciate it!

Landon

Hi Landon,

You might check how your updating is set up

Windows Update - Windows Automatic Updating

and make sure you have the latest version of WUAgent

How to obtain the latest version of the Windows Update Agent to help manage updates on a computer

Hope it helps

SIW2

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/184817-no-updates-almost-month.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Anyone see problems yet with updates for july in windows 7?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi guys and gals.

Recently had to delete 0ver 550,000 .tmp files from Windows\TEMP folder for my friend. These were all generated between 29/12/09 and yesterdays date.

The O.S. is XP Home SP3 fully updated.

What on earth would cause this grevious and system threatening load of TEMP files. I know how to remove them, and have left an easy to understand set of instructions for my friend to be able to follow regularly as required.

But really want to snuff out the problem entirely

Cheers

A:40,000 ,tmp files per month

I use CCleaner to automatically clean out temp files. But don't use the registry cleaner.http://www.ccleaner.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311124/40000-tmp-files-per-month/
Relevancy 34.83%

ComboFix - - - Zack - - - NTFSx Running from C Documents and Settings Zack Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE MRRNZUL ComboFix exe Created a new restore pointWARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED Other Deletions C Program Files eliteprotectorC WINDOWS cookies iniC WINDOWS PerfInfoC WINDOWS ppqvmpqrC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr bottom-rc gifC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr content pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr download gifC WINDOWS My 2nd First Try, A Month Pc For Killed ppqvmpqr frame-bottom-left gifC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr frame-h bg gifC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr head pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr indexuc htmlC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr 2nd Try, First Killed My Pc For A Month indexud htmlC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr main cssC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr net pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr pc-mag gifC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr pc gifC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr poloska pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr poloska pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr poloska pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr promouc htmlC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr promouc htmlC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr promouc htmlC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr promouc htmlC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr promouc htmlC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr promoud htmlC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr promoud 2nd Try, First Killed My Pc For A Month htmlC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr promoud htmlC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr promoud htmlC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr promoud htmlC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr reg pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr repair pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr scr- pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr scr- pngC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr styles cssC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr top-rc gifC WINDOWS ppqvmpqr vline gifC WINDOWS system awvvw dllC WINDOWS system baivnabi dllC WINDOWS system bynbbryi dllC WINDOWS system dsygcgyt iniC WINDOWS system eixngbgf dllC WINDOWS system ekuqqnpi dllC WINDOWS system ekvkdsbq iniC WINDOWS system gmfrjjwt dllC WINDOWS system hperfgty iniC WINDOWS system kcwbnjrc iniC WINDOWS system ndaTqsVqrX dllC WINDOWS system otqayjto dllC WINDOWS system ppvvhtfv dllC WINDOWS system qbsdkvke dllC WINDOWS system rsgadkom exeC WINDOWS system rsmbbgym dllC WINDOWS system suemkqll dllC WINDOWS system tygcgysd dllC WINDOWS system vtstu dllC WINDOWS system wegaabxv dllC WINDOWS system wowfx dllC WINDOWS system wvvwa iniC WINDOWS system wvvwa ini C WINDOWS system yopjkpht iniC WINDOWS system ytgfreph dll ---- Previous Run ------- C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Live Safety Center lnkC Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup autorun exeC Documents and Settings Zack Application Data antivirus exeC Documents and Settings Zack Application Data macromedia Flash Player SharedObjects ZN www broadcaster comC Documents and Settings Zack Application Data macromedia Flash Player SharedObjects ZN www broadcaster com BCLUserPrefs solC Documents and Settings Zack Application Data macromedia Flash Player macromedia com support flashplayer sys www broadcaster comC Documents and Settings Zack Application Data macromedia Flash Player macromedia com support flashplayer sys www broadcaster com settings solC Documents and Settings Zack Application Data nvsvc dllC Documents and Settings Zack Application Data printer exeC Documents and Settings Zack Application Data ultraC Documents and Settings Zack Application Data ultra uninstall batC Documents and Settings Zack Desktop Find Spyware Remover lnkC Documents and Settings Zack Desktop Free Online Dating lnkC Documents and Settings Zack Desktop Go to Casino lnkC Documents and Settings Zack Favorites Online Security Guide lnkC Documents and Settings Zack My Documents FNTS C Documents and Settings Zack Start Menu Programs Startup findfast exeC Program Files exeC Program Files HelperC Program Files Helper Helper dllC Program Files irmbilwfC Program Files irmbilwf kjwzirol dllC Program Files outerinfoC Program Files outerinfo OiUninstaller exeC Program Files outerinfo outerinfo icoC Program Files SecCenterC Program Files SecCenter scprot exeC Program Files SecCenter scprot exe bakC Program Files spoolsv exeC Program Files ucleaner setup exeC Progra... Read more

A:2nd Try, First Killed My Pc For A Month

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.Also make sure you have already followed the steps outlined below:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogThank you for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/133464/2nd-try-first-killed-my-pc-for-a-month/
Relevancy 34.83%

Figured I d start looking month or about upgrade to in a so Looking for stuff now to get a good mindset of things I m currently running - ATi Radeon X XL mb - AMD Athlon Barton Core - x WD HDDs - ASUS A V mobo - OCZ W PSU Here s some things that caught my eye - OCZ Gold XTC PC - GB X GB DDR - CL - - - PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit http www ncix com products index php sku amp vpn OCZ G GK - EVGA E-GEFORCE GTS MHZ MB GHZ GDDR Dual DVI-I HDTV Out HDCP DIRECTX Video Card http www ncix com products index php Looking to upgrade in about a month or so sku amp vpn -P -N -AR amp manufacture eVGA - Intel Core Duo E Dual Core Processor LGA Conroe GHZ FSB MB Retail http www ncix com products index php sku amp vpn BX E amp manufacture Intel - Seagate Barracuda GB SATA GB S RPM MB Cache NCQ Hard Drive http www ncix com products index php sku amp vpn ST AS amp manufacture Seagate Now are these good parts for their prices mind you it s CDN funds I m quite a gamer that wants a good bang for the buck with great visuals and multi-tasking abilities with little to no slow down I can obviously step up to the higher things but they re too expensive for the payout I d imagine I d probably get of the OCZ s for a GB and of the Seagate s as well Now if these are worthwhile purchases can someone help me find a compatible mobo I know I should ve started with it but I m retarded like that Also would it be smarter to get a dual-core or wait for the quads to drop a little more in price If they re not being utilized by many programs and games then it d probably be wasteful but I can t say I keep up on it enough to know Thanks for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-to-upgrade-in-about-a-month-or-so.598103/