Windows Support Forum

Will adding second CPU improve speed(Z600 workstation)?

Q: Will adding second CPU improve speed(Z600 workstation)?

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided, My father gave me a "Z600 workstation" that he is not going to use anymore(retired). I noticed that this unit can have a dual CPU setup. My question is if I can use this unit for gaming. Can I set up the rig with 2 CPU for better gaming performance? I am aware of GPU and RAMM upgrades but not to sure if it's even possible to run the 2 CPU at the same time? Will having the 2 CPU increase the GHz speed from 2.13GHz - 4.26GHz? system : HP Z600 WorkstationIntel Xeon E5506 (1x)@2.13GHz3GB DDR3 RAMMWindows 8.1 ProBoot Block Date 01/30/09 B3-based system

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-adding-second-CPU-improve-speed-Z600-workstation/td-p/5672234
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Will adding second CPU improve speed(Z600 workstation)?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi, Description explains it all, I've been thinking of replacing my current HDD for a SSD. I haven't done much researching on this myself but thought I would check here just encase there's any known issues/pit falls with installing a ssd into z600 workstation, I will be looking at adding a 1TB ssd. 1. Installing hardware? the z600 3.5 inch caddy wouldn't house an SSD, do HP sell brackets which will fit the z600 ? 2. Compatibility with the workstation? are there types of SSD which are best suited for z600 workstations? 3. Installing and set up? is it as straight forward as plugging in the SSD via SATA cable and installing the OS? Any Bios tweaks? Any info would be appreciated, Griff

Solved!
View Solution.

A:installing a SSD into Z600 Workstation.

Installed a Samsung Evo 500gb SATA III into my z600..and it works perfectly. Installed it last week and have been installing programs and having general use from it with no problems. I wanted to test it properly before posting a response. It could be possible that i experience issues with it later, but I would of thought that if it had any issues I would know about it by now. My SSD reads at 282 MB/s and writes at 270 MB/s - Random Read 51612 (IOPS) Random Write (IOPS) 47395. Being a SATA II gen workstation its not reaching the SSD's full potential at 540/520 Mb/s read write but from what I've read you wouldn't even notice the difference its so fast.. and I agree  CC suite, mozilla, (haven't installed 3dsmax yet) all boot in seconds compared to minutes on old HDD. Just to note I didn't use a HP recovery disk to reinstall OS. I used an official windows 7 .iso and booted from USB (even though it some has some useful things, i didn't want HP bloatware) Drivers installed perfectly without a hitch. Windows serial on bottom of tower  1. Installing hardware? the z600 3.5 inch caddy wouldn't house an SSD, do HP sell brackets which will fit the z600 ?" Via Scott's comments, look for the 'needs-tool' version in the post's above, mine cost 8.50 and takes all of 5 seconds to fit the ssd to the z600. I wouldn't sugguest buying the tool-less version.. unless you have no hands and lots of money." 2. Compatibility with the workstation? are there types of SSD which are best suited for z600 workstations?"Yes they're HP approved SSDs detailed in the post's above, but I've had no issue with consumer grade SSD, but you roll the dice with which brand. The Samsung EVO 500gb, no problems. You can use SATA III ssd's but you can get issues as warned by HP as their firmware doesn't support some types (so basically if it doesn't work they wont help you) ". 3. Installing and set up? is it as straight forward as plugging in the SSD via SATA cable and installing the OS? Any Bios tweaks?"Make sure your BIOS is set to RAID+AHCI (Mine was already setup like this). I used the samsung magician tool after install and it will say that your PC is not set to AHCI, but i just ignore it. As long as BIO's and firmware are up to date you will be fine. Use a blindmate formfactor to install the ssd (see above posts). Make sure you get the latest firmware on a usb before you install SSD, it should be the first thing to check after installing the SSD. You don't need to change SATA cables from II to III as the cables are backwards compatible.. either way having a SATA III in a z600 will just limit you to SATA II speeds (which compared to a normal HDD are ridiculously quick). Just plug-in and install OS. It may be worth reading up on SSD optimistation, the samsung magician advises some things to do but not all neccessary, its either lifespan over performance.. defintely worth reading up on, if this is your first SSD as it was for me."  Hands down best upgrade i've done to my workstation, and very simple to do. I'm glad I waited for better support and for the cost to go down on SSD's before using them. Want to say a big thanks to Scott Harrison for his help on this subject. I pestered him lots but have really appreciated his guidance! cheers Scott and anyone else who posted help.  Enjoy your SSD, I will.  Griff

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/installing-a-SSD-into-Z600-Workstation/td-p/5081717
Relevancy 79.98%

I would like to know if the Z600 will support the 3.1 USB adapter card and if so, what do I need for an installation?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Usb 3.1 adapter in a Z600 workstation

Agree.... that card should work in a Z600, but will it work to the USB 3.1 10Gbps speed standard?     No. The HP Z600 workstation has no PCIe generation 3 slots.  It has 3 PCIe Gen2 slots, 1 PCIe Gen1 slot, and 2 PCI slots.  Below is a link to the HP page describing the Z600's slots: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01719695 Here is a note from StarTech regarding their card's speeds, emphasis added:  "The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface.  PCI Express Gen 1.0 max throughput is 2.5Gbps.  PCI Express Gen 2.0 max throughput is 5Gbps.  PCI Express Gen 3.0 max throughput is 10Gbps.  The available bandwidth (10Gbps) is shared equally between the two ports." These USB 3.0/USB 3.1 PCIe cards generally need power supplementation.... the +5VDC they need does not come up from the slot, but it is easy to find a 4-wire "molex" peripheral-to-SATA power adapter which can provide you the higher wattage 5VDC they need to meet potential power draws (versus what USB 2.0 needs).  All this info came from research figuring out how to add the Texas Instruments based HP USB 3.0 card to our xw6600 workstations, which have 2 PCIe Gen2 slots (the rest are Gen1).  Z620 gives you some PCIe Gen3 slots.... slots 2,4 and 5. Here's the Z600 slots diagram:   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Usb-3-1-adapter-in-a-Z600-workstation/td-p/5693335
Relevancy 79.12%

We have a number of HP Z600 workstations that were upgraded with additional memory. After rebooting the system reports:207-Incompatible DIMMs detected slot CPU1 DIMM1203-Memory module failed self-test and the failing rank was disabled slot CPU1 DIMM1.The BIOS indicates DIMM1 as ERRDiagnostics show the memory module at the correct size and speed but its part number does not fully populate.When the DIMM is removed the system still reports the 203/207 error.I have tried to update the BIOS with the latest version, apply default setup and clear CMOS but the device still reports an error with DIMM1 (populated or unpopulated). All other DIMMs work fine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-Workstation-203-207-Memory-Fault/td-p/5829718
Relevancy 78.26%

We have a Z at my workplace which powers off unexpectedly after some time usually a few hours I have not been able to catch it happening but I come back to the machine and it is powered down nbsp I have done a bit of investigation so far but have not been able to get to the root of the problem - Updated bios problem still occurs I saw mention of bios updates fixing an unexpected poweroff problem - Checked temperatures during stress testing seem normal rules out heat problems - Tried removing extra HDs still get poweroff I suspected bad power supply - Tried MemTest still get poweroff indicates that it is not an OS software problem I have not seen any failures detected by memtest - Looked blink codes on the Z600 Troubleshoot workstation: poweroff unexpected LED on the back of the PSU after a shutdown LED does not blink nbsp I got this info from here nbsp http h www hp com hpsc doc public display docId emr na-c N F My next step nbsp would be to try swapping the power supply from another known working Z machine which we have nbsp It looks like a straightforward operation although the machines have different CPU configurations CPUs in Troubleshoot Z600 workstation: unexpected poweroff the problematic machine vs CPU in the Troubleshoot Z600 workstation: unexpected poweroff good machine - perhaps the capacities are different nbsp Can anyone suggest any other troubleshooting steps to take before I nbsp put it in for service nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Troubleshoot-Z600-workstation-unexpected-poweroff/td-p/5727701
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi everybody i need your help i have hp z600  workstation but when start doesnn't show anything i change procesor  ram graphic card but same problem  didnt show anything in scren can anybody know what is to happen with my pc ? 

A:HP Z600 Workstation doesn't show anythink

Do the system fans start to spin after you hit the power button ?Does the workstation not beep and blink red ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-Workstation-doesn-t-show-anythink/td-p/5571295
Relevancy 77.83%

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

A:Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I am running an HP Z workstation Bios version G V nbsp OS is duel boot Windows Professional -bit amp Ubuntu LTS nbsp Using F set-up I have Enabled Advanced- gt Bios Power On for all days of the week and have set a time for power on Under Advanced- gt Device Options I have enabled wake on lan Under Advanced- gt Power on- gt Options After Power Loss i have set the option to always on nbsp If push power on button on front of machine it auto boots to Linux If I then pull the plug the machine immediately goes off If I plug the machine back in NOTHING HAPPENS It doesn't power up I have to push the button If I unplug the machine and then plug it in and wait until the BIOS Pwoer On time then machine does NOT boot or power up at the selected workstation auto after won't Z600 power loss boot time Again I have to push the button to get it to power on nbsp What am I missing or doing wrong The machine is being used as a remote server It has to automatically reboot after power loss nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Z600 workstation won't auto boot after power loss

Changed nothing and the issue went away.Had a 4 hour power failure in the building.When power was restored machine automatically rebooted.So pulling plug on Z600, machine doesn't auto-boot.Power fail entire building: router, monitor, Z600 and machines boots.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z600-workstation-won-t-auto-boot-after-power-loss/td-p/5464151
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi.Our brand new HP Z600 workstation running win srv 2008 rebooted after only couple of weeks with the following output from bios level screen:System reset caused by CATERR.927 - Fatal error on dimm in slot CPU0 DIMM1ECC Error on read operation What does this mean and how can we prevent this from happening in the future ? ThanksSergey

A:Z600 workstation reboots: system reset caused by CATERR

Having the a similar caterr error message.Did you recieve any response? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z600-workstation-reboots-system-reset-caused-by-CATERR/td-p/157403
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey guys,
currently I have on this computer
2X1024MB PC2-6400 OCZ ram running at 800mhz dual channel.

I have 2 sticks of some old 256MB 400MHZ lying around,
am I better off just not putting them in the computer?

Help appreciated
Thanks!

A:Will adding this ram improve my system?

I'd say your right about not putting them in. 2 gigs is plenty enough for most people, and that slower ram will just force your newer (and faster) ram to run at a slower clock speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-adding-this-ram-improve-my-system.82010/
Relevancy 62.78%

I recently replaced a 7200 RPM laptop hard drive with an SSD and it improved over all performance quite a bit. I'm thinking now about installing an SSD on my desktop computer along side the 1tb hard disk - move the OS and programs to the SSD and use the hard drive just for data. Has anyone done this? I would be interested in hearing about people's experiences and in particular if it made much difference for performance.

A:Does adding an SSD along side a hard disk improve performance?

Yes, moving the OS + programs to an SSD is well worth it ...
Here's a tutorial that might be of help
SSD - Install and Transfer the Operating System

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/332935-does-adding-ssd-along-side-hard-disk-improve-performance.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Firsly, sorry for my poor english.

I have installed in my PC a NVIDIA geforce4 MX 4000 video card, that have a built-in video accelerator. But when I connect the video cature (MSI MS8609) to use my digital camcorder as a webcam, the video is seen very slow. There is some way to setup the system to improve the speed of the captured and the send video.

Thanks for your help.

Aurym

A:Improve video speed. Help me!!

Depends on your transfer rate-I mean the speed of your connection. What type of connection you're using? (i.e USB, USB2, or Firewire)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/improve-video-speed-help-me.41779/
Relevancy 61.49%

This thread is mainly for ZigZag, But others can feel free to help as well.
Here you go ZigZag:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3...rnetzigzag.png

Theres my information.

A:How can i Improve my internet speed?

5 Ways To Fix Slow 802.11n Speed - SmallNetBuilder

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130628-how-can-i-improve-my-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hi all im a complete novice here and wanting to know how to improve/upgrade my processer speed from 1.75ghz to 2.00+ ghz if it is possible

my pc is a hp pavilion s7750.uk
Hardware
Base processor
Intel Core Duo T2250 1.73 GHz
533 MHz front side bus
Socket 479
Chipset
Intel 945GT
Motherboard
Manufacturer: Asus
Motherboard Name: MOCA-AR
HP/Compaq motherboard name: Calcite-GL8E
Memory 2.0gb
speed supported so-dimms
hope this help any 1 as its all dribble to me
all i want to do is help my son play football manager 2010 as the processer is too slow

thank you for your help and please dont all say im stupid for this question

A:Help to improve processer speed

Looks like the T2450 would be your only option. It runs at 2Ghz which is an improvement but not a huge improvement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-improve-processer-speed.137418/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, is there anything I can upgrade on my Dell 4600 to improve the speed?  I did add RAM, but that did not seem to help much.  Your suggestions on steps to take would be appreciated.
Service tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>
Express Service Code: <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>
Thanks.

A:Upgrade to improve speed?

kennyg33,There is really nothing else you can do to make the computer faster. You could try upgrading the processor. It may not improve the computer speed that much. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19997161
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi

I have ADSL with modem Netgear DG834 with firmware V3.01.25, but the down speed is only 7100kbps and up 780kbps. What I want to know is does upgrading the firmware of the modem woudl help improve speed? If not, what are other ways to improve the speed?

Thanks
Steve

Relevancy 61.49%

This is startup list in Windows XP. Please tell me which entry i can remove so my system Will boot fast and there will be no effect on my system. In my system Norton Antivirus 2004 is installed. Please see the log file of Hijackthis....
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 3:40:58 PM, on 4/9/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
D:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
E:\Diskeeper8\DkService.exe
E:\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
D:\Program Files\Promise Technology, Inc\Promise Array Management\MsgAgt.exe
D:\Program Files\Promise Technology, Inc\Promise Array Management\MsgSvr.exe
E:\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
D:\WINDOWS\Mixer.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
E:\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
D:\Documents and Settings\Ashish\Desktop\backup-hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00C6482D-C502-44C8-8409-FCE54AD9C208} - E:\SnagIt 6\SnagItBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - E:\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - E:\FlashGet\Jccatch.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - E:\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {B930BA63-9E5A-11D3-A288-0000E80E2EDE} - E:\Mass Downloader\MDHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - E:\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - E:\Adobe\Acrobat\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: FlashGet Bar - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - E:\FlashGet\fgiebar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - E:\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: SnagIt - {8FF5E183-ABDE-46EB-B09E-D2AAB95CABE3} - E:\SnagIt 6\SnagItIEAddin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE D:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ptipbmf] rundll32.exe ptipbmf.dll,SetWriteCacheMode
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C-Media Mixer] Mixer.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVCLOCK] rundll32 nvclock.dll,fnNvclock
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &All using Mass Downloader - E:\Mass Downloader\Add_All.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - E:\FLASHGET\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using &Mass Downloader - E:\Mass Downloader\Add_Url.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - E:\FLASHGET\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://E:\MICROS~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open Selected URL - E:\Google\openselectedurl.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Search &Google - E:\Google\google.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Sothink SWF Catcher - D:\Program Files\SourceTec\Sothink SWF

Quicker\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Mass Downloader (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Mass Downloader (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: SWF Catch... Read more

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
I Used my PC from around last 3 years, and i never formatted it. But recently it takes too much time to booting and the processing speed is very slow, after fifteen minutes it becomes normal. it had 4 GB ram.
So please advice me how can i improve my processing speed.

A:How can i improve the processing speed of PC

It sounds like something has been added to your startup programs that is killing boot time and probably a lot of other things as well.
Microsoft does actually have something that may help you with this.
Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

The instructions there should help determine if I am right or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/226827-how-can-i-improve-processing-speed-pc.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys, so my computer is ~2 years old now and it's still fast, but it doesn't perform the way when I first got it, now I know after 2 years a computer might slow down, but my dad said it's too slow for the specs it has.

I update Windows regularly and my antivirus, scan for viruses, defrag my hard drive, update video drivers, etc, I even used Norton Utilities and Microsoft Fix-it which didn't really help that much.

Specs are Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ Stock 2.4 GHz
nVidia 8600 GTS
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
4 GB RAM

Performance Information:

Processor: 5.9
Memory (RAM): 5.6
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming Graphics: 5.6
Primary Hard Disk 5.9

Base Score 5.6

Problems consist of slow load-up times when I turn on the PC, switching users, things like that, it's not a major issue it's just annoying, because I know it can be faster.

A:Any ways to improve PC speed

IMO the #1 thing that would help you speed it up is to dump norton (resource hog), and get a lighter weight anti virus program... http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

If you take the advise be sure to use the norton removal tool....

ps, whats your startup list look like in msconfig?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/any-ways-to-improve-pc-speed-554493.html
Relevancy 61.49%

As a bit of background the folks in the HJT forum were an machine? way there of to yr Is speed a 4 improve old amazing help But I had one Is there a way to improve speed of 4 yr old machine? more question which is in the exchange below with a HJT mod I would like to speed up my desktop quot No active malware is showing up Can you be more specific as to the problems this machine is experiencing MY QUESTION It simply runs very very slow takes - minutes to logon and very slow switching between programs This machine has had a lot of kids games installed and uninstalled as well as numerous other programs put on and taken off maybe there is simply too much on it for it's capabilities How would I go about checking editing the programs that start on login and run in the background Maybe that would help Other than that maybe time to reformat soon Hi As this is an Operating System issue you would be better served discussing this in the Windows XP section of this forum Let the experts there guide Is there a way to improve speed of 4 yr old machine? you on optimizing your system Let them know you've been cleared in the HijackThis Forum quot

A:Is there a way to improve speed of 4 yr old machine?

Sry, should have mentioned that the machine in queston is a Dimension 2300 desk top with XP home, 256 memory, P4.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/is-there-a-way-to-improve-speed-of-4-yr-old-machine-133973.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello This is my first post and am quite a novice with computers so any help would be great My computer is really slow computers can improve How my I speed? it takes ages to start up and once it gets going it often locks up and I spend ages for it to keep up with me I often only have application open at a time maybe two but nothing hectic that my computer should find difficult I have used windows registry pro I have up to date kaspersky and my defrag is set up to run automatically I mainly How can I improve my computers speed? use the internet and various windows programmes I rarely download material but I do have itunes and I also run a toolbar on my explorer for my business needs I have a compaq computer which is a good few years old with Windows Vista I bought it just after Vista lanuched Unfortunately I dont know the model number and I dont know how to find it out either So I am looking for ways to speed it up or at least prevent it from regualrly locking up so I hope you can help I have tried to copy my processes into How can I improve my computers speed? this post but it keeps coming up with an empty box so the stats on there are CPU Usage - ranges from - sometimes higher Physical Memory - around Total Cached Free Processes - Any advice on where to start would be great I know this is a little thin on info but I dont really know what info you need to help me so ask away and I will find the answer and hopefully we can sort this together Thanks you nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

For some days my computer is working very slowly , can any tell me tips to regain the original speed , i am using xp.

A:How to improve computer speed

G'Day loraandbush,

Windows? does have a couple of built-in 'garbage cleaners'.

1: Right click > Internet Explorer Desktop Icon > Properties > Delete cookies > OK > Delete Files > Tick the box > Delete all offline content > OK ...now click the Content Tab > Clear SSL State > OK .

2: How to use the Windows? XP Disk CleanUp tool. ( Click the coloured link. )

These two utilities will help keep the HDD 'clean'...use them both regularly, as well as using The Disk Defragmenter once a week.
Both of them will only delete the unnecessary 'garbage', whereas other system cleaners can remove vital files.
I have got into the habit of using Method One every night as part of the shutdown process, and Method Two once a week.

3: Go Start > Run > type in the box msconfig > Enter.
This opens the System Configuration Utility > StartUp > list here are all the programs that are set to start with Windows?.
Untick those that you do not want to start with Windows > Apply > ok; the computer will want to reboot; allow it to do so.
If you are unsure which programs are safe to disable; post a list here and we will advise you.

Please Note: Do Not disable your Anti Virus or 'real time' Anti Spyware programs.

Upon restarting, a Pane will open stating that you have altered the StartUp Configuration; tick the box Don't show this message again, and you are right to go.

Try these 3 methods, then post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-improve-computer-speed-256471.html
Relevancy 61.49%

First of all hello and i really hope ill find a solution for my problems More then a year ago to upgrade improve What to speed? i started playing World of Warcraft with my computer configuration pretty bad integrated graphics card and the rest Ive bought a ne graphics card after ive found it requires something better and as i was low on budget i bought Nvidia GeForce EN GS of ram and i think ddr Ive noticed some improvements and played a while without problems Since the latest expansion ive encountered some serious low What to upgrade to improve speed? FPS and getting my screen to load up to minutes or even more Im not on my computer so i cant tell the specs exact but this is most of it i know if needed feel free to ask to post my full configuration after i get on to my computer AMD Athlon bit i think GHz of RAM but a friend of mine looked up and said they arent on the same frequency so one isnt working or something like that Im using Windows XP service pack And ive thought my graphics card was the problem of low FPS so ive bought a new one ATI Radeon EAH which is DDR and has of RAM Ive found a difference with it at some places but somewhere its unplayable Im looking for a best solution what should i really upgrade Im running all effects off in WoW with lowest details at x resolution i think and somewhere it takes secs delay to show me the next picture Ive tried loads of thing reinstalled my Windows and running only WoW with minimum usage of my whole system having only WoW opened and turning off all applications that could use my memory And also when im entering one of the main cities there i get it loading up to mins and after that i get auto disconnected right when i see my character without a name above him or anyone around me I got all add-ons turned off aswell Any help would be really appreciated as im desparate in fixing this once and for all and dont hesitate to ask me anything about this i would gladly answer to help you as much as i can with my problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:What to upgrade to improve speed?

Need to ask if that 64 bit processor is a socket 939.
If so,you will want to upgrade to a dual core at least.
Probably want to upgrade the memory to 2GB.

The problem is,if it is a 939,you are probably running a PCI express 1.0 motherboard.
The 4670 is a pci express 2.0 card,meaning you are probably
running it at half the bandwidth it can handle.
In which case you would need a new motherboard,processor and
memory to bring everything up to speed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-to-upgrade-to-improve-speed.841903/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello, i have read a few posts on the on the windows7 forum in regards to improving the boot speed.
But not really found any improments.
Is their any software or patch you can download that might improve it slightly?

I thought it was norton, but had norton on my pc when i brought it, and it used to load superfast, but over the last year, has dramaticaly slowed down.

Ive unchecked a number of programs in the "msconfig" startup utility, but no change really.

I only have norton, gmail notifier, and peer guardian in my taskbar.

Their might not be any suggestions, but i thought id ask an see...

thanks in advance for any help guys, and girls.

stuart

A:improve windows7 start-up speed?

Hi Stuart,

There isn't any software that will help with boot speed. I recommed trying Soluto to gather information on your boot time. Run it but don't apply the recommended fixes - all you are interested in is what is contributing to your start up times.

Post back here once you have some info on that and we will be pleased to help you.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/199270-improve-windows7-start-up-speed.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I need help...I'm teaching a national conference next week and need my laptop to be in tip top shape...this is NOT my forte'...hope someone can help. I don't need system updates to start in the middle of my presentations or unnecessarily waiting on my computer to respond.

If it matters...will be highly QuickBooks 2014 intensive as far as software as well as powerpoint.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...here's my log...

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3983 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, 1799 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 454712 MB, Free - 374211 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 06RYX8
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

Thanks,

Brandon

Relevancy 61.06%

I dont know if anyone has tried this before,but it just came up to me as a rough idea i need help with the implementation part, here it is:

If we can create a ramdisk in windows xp using the dos shell or any other way and set the environment variables or the registry settings so that the part of windows like the prefetch,temp folder and an other data that windows access most frequently be placed on the ram drive. we can try around with what to put on the ramdisk but as a starter will some body enlighten me on how to make a ramdisk in windows xp.

as an after thought ,can the FAT or the file indexes be placed there to improve file system performance

A:improve windows xp speed a new idea

Now i'm forced to assume that either my idea is a stupid one or I failed to put my idea across properly. There have been 41 views at the time of writing of but no response whatsoever. will someone just tell me how to make a ram drive in xp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/improve-windows-xp-speed-a-new-idea.471650/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am hoping that this is a stoopid question that has an easy answer I recently moved in to a wired apartment complex with High Speed Internet I set up my wireless system with a Linksys straight from the wall to the router then to the PC I have a home network set-up with Windows and the network is connected to the internet When I look at the network performance it shows Gbps speed but I cannot get more than - Kbps on my Solved: I download do How improve my speed?? download speed for program Solved: How do I improve my download speed?? updates etc They invariably time-out and sometimes the speeds get a kick-start just by pausing the download for a moment and then re-starting I am not even in the neighborhood of dial-up Is there something that I can do about this or did I just get taken by the apartment complex Thanks for any help I really miss being able to use my computer and I am soooo frustrated with this issue nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi My Laptop is so slow in startup i have attached the Hijack this can you have look and let me know what i should to improve the speed please Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe laptop improve to my startup how speed? C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system lkcitdl exe C WINDOWS system lkads how to improve my laptop startup speed? exe C WINDOWS system lktsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files National Instruments Shared Security nidmsrv exe C WINDOWS system nisvcloc exe C Program Files National Instruments Shared how to improve my laptop startup speed? Tagger tagsrv exe C WINDOWS system slmdmsr exe C WINDOWS System PAStiSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS system nipalsm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS system VTtrayp exe C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Acesoft Tracks Eraser Pro te exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional SMSystemAnalyzer exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C wamp wampmanager exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Aware exe C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Documents and Settings Khalifa Local Settings Temp wz HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO GigagetIEHelper - CAA - F F- AC- -B C D BBAB - C WINDOWS system gigagetbho v dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO no name - ED -FB C- D - D - DA B - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run VTTrayp VTtrayp exe O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ioloDelayModule C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional delay exe O - HKLM Run CmUsbSound RunDll cmcnfgu... Read more

Relevancy 61.06%

A friend of mine, when setting up my custom build computer 2 years ago with an SSD, moved cmd.exe to a partition named "Z:", which was on the same physical disk as the OS drive. He also programmed the computer to look in that place, which would, in effect, reduce the amount of time it took the computer to search for cmd.exe and then allow applications to open much faster than normal. Unfortunately, my computer got a malware virus and I had to reinstall windows, and in the process removing the Z drive. Does anyone know how to do something like this? Thanks in advance!

A:Move cmd.exe to improve computer speed

I don't think moving the cmd.exe will buy you anything at all - especially on a SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368749-move-cmd-exe-improve-computer-speed.html
Relevancy 61.06%

When I first bought this computer about 3 years ago I noticed it was a bit slow. Since I have recently downloaded Win 10, it seems even slower. (Videos on utube stop and start regularly) Initially I thought this was due to poor internet coverage but recently I was told that the processor in my computer is a AMD E12500 and not very powerful. I would like some comments on this and if my suspicions are right is it possible to fit a more powerful processor.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Is-it-possible-to-improve-the-speed-of-my-computer-by/td-p/5608839
Relevancy 60.2%

I run a full security suite and do regular scans, so I don't think my startup and shutdown speed issues are to do with malware. (Potentially bloated security programs aside.)

After a couple years of using my PC, the startup and shutdown speed has slowed quite a bit. What's a good series of steps (or scanning product) to use to optimize the speed?

I've tried to minimize the number of programs that actually load at startup, but I'm not really sure, aside from the tray in the lower right, whether more might be loading in the background? So some way to inventory would be helpful.

I'm presently defragging the hard drive. (Running Windows XP home on a system that has plenty of memory and disk space, etc.)

Thanks ever so.

A:Best ways to improve startup and shutdown speed?

For startup you can use Bootvis. Instructions can be found on page 64 of the TGTC.

You can use the following for a fast shutdown, but use at your own risk. SuperFast Shutdown.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-ways-to-improve-startup-and-shutdown-speed.75724/
Relevancy 60.2%

I am a new DropBox user. I find the upload speed to be quite slow - am getting about 15kB/sec even though I set DropBox preferences for unlimited download and unlimited upload speed. The speed test at DSLReports.com measured my download speed at 580kb/sec and my upload speed at 139kb/sec. Why is DropBox so slow? Is there anything I can do to improve the upload speed? Or is this just a misunderstanding on my part?

Thank you.

A:DropBox upload speed is slow - Any way to improve?

Oops  -  forgot to include my platform in my post.

Windows 7 Home Edition, using Windows Firewall & Avira anti-virus

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488161/dropbox-upload-speed-is-slow-any-way-to-improve/
Relevancy 60.2%

hi there HAPPY NEW YEAR i need help with my computer and very computer improve trying slowly running speed to its running very slowly and i dont know enough about quot hijackthis quot to go about it myself iv already used spybot and uniblue reg booster speed up my pc and spy eraser iv also swept for trojans using trojanremover and used avast to do a full sweep but it hasnt really worked please could you look at this log and give me some suggestions Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP computer running very slowly and trying to improve speed WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast computer running very slowly and trying to improve speed aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS System brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C computer running very slowly and trying to improve speed WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS twain SiPix SCBlink Srvany exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS twain SiPix SCBlink USBPNP exe C WINDOWS System cisvc exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WallpaperToy Wallpapertoy Exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files GuestMaster V GuestMaster exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Documents and Settings Francis Oliver Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries uk enu gen default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Tiscali R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO WebCGMHlprObj Class - B F - E - d -A - AD BA F - C WINDOWS cgmopenbho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helpe... Read more

A:computer running very slowly and trying to improve speed

No signs of malware.

How much RAM do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-running-very-slowly-and-trying-to-improve-speed.785865/
Relevancy 60.2%

How do I add a computer with a Windows 7 Profession OS to a network domain. I was able to add computers with the Windows XP Professional OS quite easily. However, with Windows 7 Pro OS I am getting DNS errors.

A:Adding a workstation/computer to a network domain

Hi and welcome to TSF see the info here Add a device or computer to a network

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/adding-a-workstation-computer-to-a-network-domain-645742.html
Relevancy 54.61%

how to improve my computer rating score of 5.9 while still maintaining a decent overall PC temperature; I understand that, that is the highest windows 7 will allow?

rating is low due to low disc data transfer. How to improve?

A:How to improve 5.9 PC rating. How to improve disc data transfer

A HDD will max the score at 5.9. Only way to improve is to change drive to a SSD. I have the same "problem".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/242202-how-improve-5-9-pc-rating-how-improve-disc-data-transfer.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I only have 64MB of RAM, and want to add another 64. How do I know at what speed my motherboard is running?

I am using the Crucial.com site to help me pick the right one, but they don't say which one I need. I am a newbie, so please help me in a simple way to figure this out.

I have a Compaq Presario 5240, 400 MHz AMD Processor, 64 mB RAM, 10 G HD.

Where do I look on my PC to find out what speed my motherboard is running at?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 51.17%

First Thread,

Asus K8v Se Deluxe Mobo
Athlon 64 3000+
Radeon All-in-wonder 9800 Pro
160 Gig 7200 Hd
40 Gig 7200 Hd
Sony Dvdr+rw Burner
Some Sort Of Floppy Ive Never Used
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Case
19" Viewsonic Crt
Logitech Bluetooth Mouse And Kb
1 Stick Of No Name 512 Pc3200 Ram

I Just Bought Another Stick Of Kingston 512ddr 400 Ram And Installed. System Sees New Memory And Everest Software Says That Im Running @ 200mhz. Best I Can Tell With 2 Sticks Of 512 I Should Be @ 400 Mhz.
I Was Running @ 200 Before Adding Kingston Also. Anyone Have Any Words Of Wisdom?
Regnad

A:K8v Se Deluxe, Adding Ram But Not Sure About Memory Speed

You can only run as fast as the slowest RAM chip or as fast as your mobo can handle, either your other RAM is slower then you think or your mobo doesn't support anything higher. Idk to much about AMD but that's how it works w/ intel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/k8v-se-deluxe-adding-ram-but-not-sure-about-memory-speed.19720/
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently purchased a NAS Drive which works ok. However I have also found out that my Sky Hub only supports <100Mbps.

The problems I have is when copying to the NAS drive I only get write speeds of around 10-12MBps which sounds about right being around 1/8 of the 100Mbps. Also when I stream I get a lot of buffering/cut out with any HD content streaming to my Xbox 360.

I just wanted to know if unplugging everything from the router and into a gigabit Ethernet switch then connecting that to the router will speed everything up? Or would I be better off going all out on a pricey router?

Basically am I right in thinking the switch will bypass the router for anything not using the internet?

Relevancy 49.88%

So I rebooted the win7 workstation went to login to it normally with the users credentials and it acts like its a new user login everything is default all pst's, docs, favs, everything is gone . If you browse the windows explorer you can see there are other similar profiles that it looks like used to be . What would happen if I tried to rename a user in Active directory?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-workstation-on-domain-network-rebooted-workstation-and-login-is-all-gone-572631.html
Relevancy 46.87%
Q: Z600

Hello , Maybe its a stupid question  I recieved a Z600 desktop pc .2x Intel Xeon Processor E5606 4C 2.13 GHz, 80W, 8M cache,4.80 GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066MHzQuadro 4000And 8 gb ram I know i will not be able to run the latest games with those specs . But what if i would install for example 2x x5570 toghether with gpu gtx 750 or 760. Would i be able to play games like dark souls 3 , battlefield 4 , .... Is it still worth to put some little money in it , max 150euro ? Its just that i watched this video on youtube and he is able to play the witcher 3 ultra settings .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LfW366E9fw  

A:Z600

That is still a great workstation, and you can upgrade it nicely.  Read this entire thread, and be happy you have been gifted a "revision 1" motherboard that has higher capabilities than the original motherboard. Link is here. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/CPU-Upgrades/td-p/5... Google Z600 QuickSpecs, and the top one will be about version 7 but the next one will be about version 51.  Those reflect the original versus revision 1 motherboard. The SSD I recommended in the above thread is the one to get.  A fresh W7Pro64 is the way to go.  You can upgrade processors, but if the Max TDP for the one(s) you want is over 95W then you need to make sure you have a "Perfomance" heatsink/fan over it.  The search bar in this forum directs to this forum only.  You'll need to spend some time.  Note that you should only install a processor from the list in the QuickSpecs later versions to max out your performance, though you can use the older ones too. These are still new enough and in demand..... two fastest "revision 1" category processors will not be cheap even used off eBay.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600/td-p/5590293
Relevancy 46.87%

I just finished setting up my new to me Z with x E CPUs and gb of ram the ad said gb but it actually had x gb and x gb nbsp nbsp I have done some reaseach on this forum already and I got lucky with the later version of the motherboard I have gb of ram on the way and Z600 me to New plan to explore CPU upgrades New to me Z600 as funds allow nbsp nbsp Couple of things I am wondering about at this point nbsp nbsp The power button LED does not seem to light up I New to me Z600 saw refernce to this issue somewhere and they maybe burnt out Unless there is a BIOS setting I am missing this seems like the only plausable cause The machine seems to work as it should nbsp I am missing the top trim grill and the rear handle I think it was mounted in a rack Its a minnor thing but I'd like to replace if I can I have come up with P N nbsp - is this correct I found one on ebay with a suspect picture does anyone know of any other sources I have searched

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/New-to-me-Z600/td-p/5788493
Relevancy 46.44%

i've got a new to me z600 workstation. Looking to upgrade it for video editing. Currently it's running windows XP pro, looking to upgrade that. Currently it has a X5550 chipset( single) 3gb ramCurrently it's running dual 160gb hd's Looking to upgrade the CPU's dual processors, largest possible. and max out ram (24gb)   What should I use?Hard drive, looking to install a SSD Any help is appreciated   

A:z600 upgrades CPU, HD

I am working on a Z600 project right now, so this is timely.  You will need to use the search box on this page upper left area, which searches this forum only. 1.  First step is to see if you have an original motherboard or the later "revision 1" motherboard.  Best way to tell is if you look up the boot block date in BIOS, under the first tab.  The boot block date tells you if you have original or revision 1 most easily. 2.  Assuming it is the better later motherboard, then you need to find the latest Z600 QuickSpecs.... its in the 50s, maybe 51 or 58.  From that you can look at the HP supported processors.  Your memory should be the faster 1333 type but most of those processors listed there run slower than that.  3 run at the faster speed which will let your memory run faster too.  You can choose from those 3 for the best heavy lifting.  Note that the fastest quad core is faster than the fastest hexacore.  So, if you want raw speed I'd bet the quad core would serve you well.  If you want 12 rather than 8 total cores then go with the fastest hexacore.  I use the Noctua thermal paste.  We have had good success with used processors off eBay for these types of workstation upgrades. 3.  You'll want 2 processors, and you'll want to match to the heatsink/fan you already have. 4.  I believe you don't need a "performance" heatsink for 95 watt processor.... the motherboard wants one for processors that are over 95 watts, from my reading.  There is a way to spoof a motherboard into thinking it has a performance heatsink attached when it only is a mainstream, by the way. 5.  SSDs.... I have been very pleased with the Intel 320 series 300GB SSD that you can get off eBay.  We use a lot of those.... rock solid, and the Intel Toolbox is great for tuning it.  That workstation is a SATA Gen II one, and HP warns against using SATA Gen III HDDs in those unless they are sourced from HP (assume special HP firmware applied).  We have not seen a comment from HP on whether this rule holds also for SSDs, but I am assuming so.  Hence, I choose to use that particular SSD, and also have used HP-sourced Gen III SSDs in our SATA Gen II workstations with zero problems. The Intel 320 series SSD is a SATA Gen II drive with enterprise features, and has served us very well.  Even used off eBay they almost always have had 100% life left in them.  I update their firmware as needed via the Intel Toolbox. 6.  We use W7Pro64 mostly, but I have been pleased with the W10Pro64 OS.  You can upgrade to W10Pro64 for free at this time, so I have been "W10 activating" all my xw and Z workstations and having that ready for the future, but still mainly running them with W7Pro64.  Once your box is W10 activated you can install W10 anytime later.  You certainly want a 64 bit OS. 7.  You need a second processor to take advantage of the second set of 3 memory slots..... ideally you'll run with 6 x 1GB, 6 x 2GB, or 6 x 4GB.  The sweet spot for $/GB is with the 2GB sticks.  Having them all the same size gets you a speed benefit too....  Look at official HP sticks for that on eBay and you also can find the same codes from other vendors such as Dell.  I consider the HP sticks the best because they have been "binned" for quality. 8.  HP just came out with a new BIOS for the Z600.  It is best to update BIOS from within BIOS.  I have gathered best HP driver sets for W7Pro64 from later HP workstation sources and they load fine on the Z600, but for W10 I've been using what comes from the autoload from MS.  9.  I like to add in a quality eSATA backplane adapter to the bottom opening for fast backup and Acronis image captures.  I also like to add one of the TI-based HP USB3 cards into the top PCIe slot, and am working on a nice use of that ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z600-upgrades-CPU-HD/td-p/5604870
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I have a HP Z and love the machine nbsp It currently has nbsp nbsp Dual Xeon E Ghz nbsp Processors can HP V1.0 I Z600 Mobo do? with What - GB Ram nbsp Evga Geforce SC nbsp Lately I have been gaming a little on the machine because of the HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do? card I have installed nbsp However I am noticing slight performance issues with the machine nbsp I am assuming the processors at this point nbsp DUe HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do? to the fact all spec testing coming back and saying the processors are the minimum requirement's nbsp for allot nbsp of the games nbsp BF GTA Doom nbsp Don't get me wrong nbsp Doom plays amazing on this machine on nightmare ultra settings on a screen nbsp However there is some slight shuttering and hiccups here and there nbsp I have read so many different answers to this question and hope I can get a more direct answer nbsp With a Z V HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do? motherboard what are my faster Xeon processor options nbsp nbsp I would like an X however my understanding is that may not be a possibility nbsp with my older MB I have something like V bios software installed nbsp Or am I looking at a processor like the X nbsp nbsp Thank you for the input nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Z600-with-V1-0-Mobo-What-can-I-do/td-p/5769174
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone nbsp I've got a couple questions im not a very tech savy person so I tried to research as C2 for Z600 Upgrade much as I could nbsp st Question nbsp I would like to upgrade my z ram to gb which I read is the max amount of ram I can have also read that needs to be ECC Registered memory so I found this and I would like to know if it's the right option nbsp http www ebay com itm Server-RAM- GB- x- GB-PC - R-ECC-Registered- MHz- - v- Upgrade for Z600 C2 pin-Memory- nbsp nd Question nbsp Im interested in getting an USB pcie card but since this computer has been out for quite a long time im not sure if the card is compatible as I read thunderbolt cards are not compatible so this is the next best thing I found nbsp http www ebay com itm nbsp I would really appreciate any help I can get nbsp Thanks in advance and excuse my english not a native speaker

A:Upgrade for Z600 C2

Heya there, this link might answer your 2nd question http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/PCIe-SSD/td-p/55733...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-for-Z600-C2/td-p/5484111
Relevancy 46.44%

I have the following HP Z and I want to upgrade the CPU from the Z600 upgrade CPU current Intel Xeon E nbsp to E E or X processors The two basic questions I have nbsp are nbsp Is nbsp that possible If so what exactly do I have to do Implicit in those two questions are nbsp Will the chipsets on the motherboard will support the newer processors Will the current heatsinks for the E CPUs work or will it be necessary to replace them Thanks nbsp Bob nbsp ------------------------------------------------------------- nbsp ComputerModel HP Z Workstation C XSerial Number UA Chassis HP Mini TowerMainboard HP AE Z600 CPU upgrade hSerial Number UA BIOS HP G v NUMA Support Z600 CPU upgrade Unit s Total Memory GB ECC DIMM DDR nbsp Z600 CPU upgrade ProcessorsProcessor Intel R Xeon R CPU nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp E nbsp GHz C GHz GHz GHz IMC x kB L MB L Processor Intel R Xeon R CPU nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp E nbsp GHz C GHz GHz GHz IMC x kB L MB L Socket Slot FC LGA nbsp ChipsetMemory Controller HP Tylersburg- D I O Hub x GHz GHz Memory Controller HP Xeon Nehalem UnCore x GHz GHz x GB ECC DIMM DDR GHz -bitMemory Controller HP Xeon Nehalem UnCore x GHz GHz x GB ECC DIMM DDR GHz -bit nbsp Memory Module s Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - nbsp Video Adapter ASUS R X Series CU SP SM GHz GB DDR GHz -bit PCIe x nbsp Graphics ProcessorOpenCL GP Processor ASUS R X Series SP C GHz GB DDR GHz -bit Compute Shader Processor ASUS R X Series SP C GHz GB DDR GHz -bit nbsp Storage DevicesGB C GB SATA MB Cache GB CWDC WD FAEX- BA TB SATA rpm TB E F G HWDC WD FAEX- BA TB SATA rpm TB D IASUS nbsp nbsp nbsp BW- D HT SATA BD-RE DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache N A Z nbsp Operating SystemWindows System Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack Platform Compliance x nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Z600 CPU upgrade

Bob, Correct Prefix of these processors is (x5650, x5660 and X5675) Model No           Part No x5650                WG731AA x5660                WG732AA X5675                LB215AA I have also mentioned technical information below what these prefix's means, Letter Prefix:X = PerformanceE = Mainstream (rack mount)L = Power OptimizedW = Workstation for up to 2 processors per motherboard. The letters also refer to the power consumption figures of the CPUs in question. Note that the numbers associated with the letters are for the "Nehalem"-based Xeon family and older Xeons that use the letter designations have different TDP values associated with the letters. L = Thermal design power (expected power draw with a 100% CPU load running normal software) of 60 watts or less. These are the "low voltage" chips. E = TDP of 80 watts. Intel refers to the Xeon 5500/5600s with this letter prefix as the "basic" line and as a result, the idle power draw on these chips is frequently worse than any of the other series of chips, despite the other chips possibly having a higher full-load power draw. X = TDP of 95 watts. These are the "premium" mainstream chips as their TDP is not so excessive that they are difficult to cool in a rack server, yet their idle power consumption is far lower than the E-series chips. W = TDP of 130 watts and higher. These are the fastest, hottest Xeons made and they are designed to be used in workstations and pedestal servers with better cooling than an average 1U or 2U rack server. ========================================================Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.========================================================**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5053635
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello guys,I bought a used hp z600 six month ago and it works perfectly so far. However, i realized that the blue led of the power button doesnt work and has never been on in my machine. I wonder if there are software or hardware solutions to make it work again ? Bios options or cable fiddling ? Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-No-blue-power-led/td-p/5590330
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi ,

I have this product but after updating my computer to W7 ı have a problem with it. The original cd refers to Xp , 2000, 98 but now for W7 it says " it ' s not suitable for your system.

I ' m looking forwart to hearing news from you

Thanks ...

A:Lexmark Z600 W7 Driver ???

Hi Betonarmy,
Here is the Windows Vista Driver if you want to attempt to use it.

Lexmark - United States

Also as far as a Windows 7 driver here is what I saw on their website:
Problem

Cannot find MS Windows 7 printer driver; Unable to locate driver

Solution

Driver Support
Lexmark is in the process of preparing for the launch of the new Microsoft Windows 7 operating system.Driver Availability
In the weeks leading to consumer launch of Microsoft Windows 7, Lexmark will publish the type of support expected and the timeframe in which drivers will be available. Lexmark is currently finalizing Windows 7 support for a variety of its existing products. The list of products which will have Windows 7 support at launch is available in the links below. Windows 7 Business Products

Windows 7 Home Office and SMB Products
Operating System Driver Support
Some printer models will have native easy-to-install printer drivers embedded in the operating system's driver library. Lexmark is providing a wide variety of printer drivers to be included with Microsoft Windows 7.Driver Delivery
Drivers will be available for download from support.lexmark.com , and recently released printers may have the Microsoft Windows 7 driver available on the Software and Documentation CD provided in the box with the device, or a combination of both driver delivery methods will be available.Future Products
Starting in 2010, all new products will ship with Windows 7 support.

Raj

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/46380-lexmark-z600-w7-driver.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey there! I got a later spec Z600 WS here that came with dual X5650 (TDP 95W).I made a good deal and got two X5680 (TDP 130W), and tryed to install those to the WS.System tells me, that the CPU installed needs too much power, and the System got halted. Is it a Problem with the Heatsink, because of the fact, it is to small (for TDP <95W), or is itrealy the mainboard, that just can't take the X5680 Xeons?I googled a lot and found some Z600 running on those CPUs, so what's the deal? I already tryed to bridge Pin 1 and 5 of the Heatsink-Fan Connector to simulate a Performance Heatsink,just to test if it would boot, but that did'nt work.

A:Z600 with dual X5680 CPU

First, I don't see your new processor type listed in the latest QuickSpec for the Z600 I looked up this morning..... version 51, which lists your current X5650 but not the X5680.  There is a hot X5647 listed (at 130W max TDP) but the other higher performance processors are all 95W.  So, there must have been a 130W cooling option for the Z600, and I'd presume it is the same as used for the Z800 (see below).  Also, the Z600 must be able to provide 130W to each of its two processor sockets. I checked with the Z800 QuickSpecs (v56) and don't see the X5680 listed there either.  The latest QuickSpecs, however, often do not list all processors that were listed previously.  The now-unlisted ones will still work, and you can go back through the HP QuickSpec archives for your Z600 to see if the X5680 was ever officially listed.  If it was then it surely should work.  A HP engineer I trust fully has let me know that there are some cases in which a processor that was never officially listed will work.  Let's just say that will be a rare exception.  Maybe you have found one of those processors? The X5680 processor has only one sSpec code, SLBV5, and can be bought new now from Intel for $1663.00 each.  On eBay you can buy that processor today for about $200.00 each, USD, used. It is encouraging that you can get to the point of boot that the motherboard rejects your heatsink/fan combination, because my experience with truly non-listed processors is that they won't even get to that level.  Flat zero progression into boot. So, I'd buy one of the "Performance" heatsink/fans from eBay, and the Alan guys there have almost 450 in stock at a fair price, new.  That is a US source, and  I have bought from them in the past many times, with never a problem.  Buy one for about $50 and test with that and a single X5680 in place.  The wiring trick..... that jumper wire should work if HP is using the same motherboard sensing method for detecting presence of a performance heatsink/fan as was used in the xw8600, but who knows?  This performance boost is worth spending $50.00 more on at this stage of the game to get an official Performance heatsink/fan to experiment with.  For example, perhaps HP added to the motherboard the ability to detect the larger 92x92x15mm heatsink fan rather than the regular heatsink's 80x80x15mm fan. Take a look at this link, for more details on the Performance heatsink/fan that I believe you need.  Those have been available on eBay for a fair price, new and you can find that via searching for part numbers 463991-001 and 535588-001: Z800 Performance heatsink larger fan  Here's a picture of the performance heatsink/larger fan for the Z800, and likely exactly what you need for your Z600 project.  All my references indicate these are identical, but the Z400 performance fan is different.  Note how this heatsink/fan is shifted leftward on its mounting plate, when viewed from front (the fan side).  The Z400 performance heatsink/fan is not shifted leftwards because it is a single socket motherboard and has a fair amount of room around it on both right and left sides.  Thus, the performance Z400 heatsink/fan will not fit on the primary socket of a Z600 but this one below will.  The performance Z400 heatsink/fan will however fit on the secondary socket of a Z600 with a little bending down of its rear air deflector plate at its bottom.  You can see pictures of that Z400 performance heatsink/fan elsewhere in the forum.   I'd make sure you have the latest BIOS installed, and also confirm in BIOS that you have the latest revision of the motherboard by checking the boot block date.  It sounds like you'll have already done all that.  If one of those X5680 processors works then the other will ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-with-dual-X5680-CPU/td-p/5082965
Relevancy 46.01%

I have just upgraded to windows 7 (from Vista) and now I can't print. I have a Lexmark Z600 and although I did have problems getting the driver loaded & working with Vista, it did finally work. After upgrading to windows 7, I reloaded the printer driver to no avail. I even deleted it and went out and found the latest driver available for my printer and still no help. Any ideas ?

A:windows 7 vs lexmark z600

I gave up trying with my X74 All-in-one in the end.

Lexmark website was very definite XP was last driver release.

I never had vista.

Bought Canon MP 250 All-in-One then from Argos at 34.99 which I am very happy with. Although I dont do an awful lot of printing.
And mostly convert colour web pages to print in Grayscale.
(to save on colour cartridges)

The printer is quite noisy at start of printing as it resets heads and loads a page of paper, but quiet enough during printing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-vs-lexmark-z600.901577/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,I would like to know if I can install a Geforce GTX 1080 in a z600 workstation?My power supply is 650W so that seems to be enough. I have 2 * 6 pin connector so I guess I can add an adapter to 8 pin. Would this work? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-amp-Geforce-GTX-1080/td-p/5846991
Relevancy 46.01%

So im trying to upgrade to 2 X5650s but it wont boot. I updated the bios to 3.57 and at least the 2 80mm fans dont go crazy but still no boot. The manuals online say its compatible. Thanks for any help Model Z600 (FW863AV)Z600B/ZC2.66+/L160/W4.0/295+a/p

Relevancy 45.58%

I wish to find a suitable cooler for my HP Z600.The original part it is no longer available.In fact I wish to change both of them, the original one it is already 5 years old.So if you have some experience , maybe you can help me.Bolt connection it is a square 80 mm.The spring bolt a 3mm?The original cooler has a height of 95mmThe space to insert the cooler, betwen socket 0 and 1, it is also different.From my point of view even U3 cooler it is too big.

A:Cooler Xeon 5500-HP Z600

Try eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xz600+heat+sink.TRS... /Roger

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Cooler-Xeon-5500-HP-Z600/td-p/5145718
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I have a problem during installation,
after windows copies setup files and right before the beginning of the installation wizard, a color test striped pattern (Red, Green, Blue, Gray) keeps blinking and the installation STOPS.

Any suggestions ?!

A:Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 installation problem on HP Z600

Where did you get the Ultimate install dvd from, sounds bad.

Just reboot, see if the install will finish.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/368485-win-7-ultimate-x64-sp1-installation-problem-hp-z600.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ladies, gents, I recently got a refurbished Z600 workstation and immediately noticed that the chipset fan is always running at approx. 2,500 rpm, even right after a cold boot and when idling. I can't image that this is normal - all the temperatures are fine, so I see no reason for the fan to spin this high. I know that it is a small fan which needs the high rpm to create sufficient air flow, but 2,500 rpm seems excessive. Has anybody experienced this before? Is this in fact the normal idle speed for the chipset fan (as the seller's customer service wants to make me believe)?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z600-Chipset-Fan-Always-Running-on-High-RPM/td-p/5592042
Relevancy 45.58%

hi guysi'm an engineering student and a graphic designer so i need a workstation to get my work done . actually i'm a huge fan of Apple Mac but buying Mac Pro will cost me more so i've decided to go with HP solution i gan get used HP Z600 or Z800 and customize them i've a question does any one of them support PCEi SSD or i've to go with Z620 ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/does-HP-Z600-or-Z800-Support-PCIe-SSD/td-p/5815710
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello there nbsp i'm happy user of HP Z with quadro inside right now i'm changing the way i work with d - by doing more and more graphic card Z600 HP upgrade real time d rendering using Graphic card power via the octane render software solution HP Z600 graphic card upgrade i plan to upgrade my GC i got solutions and questions about each one nbsp solution nbsp the existing quadro nbsp a new quadro using SLIQUESTION does SLI works with quadro in a HP Z nbsp solution nbsp the existing quadro nbsp a new quadro QUESTION does the HP Z support differents cards nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp does the quadro can be sloted inside a HP Z i think the quadro has a larger size nbsp solution nbsp the existing quadro nbsp a Geforce GTX TITANQUESTION does the HP Z support differents cards nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp does the Geforce GTX TITAN nbsp can be sloted inside a HP Z i think the Geforce GTX TITAN nbsp has a larger size nbsp thanks

A:HP Z600 graphic card upgrade

The Z600 QuickSpecs indicates you can only have a single high end graphics card in the Z600. That is either one Quadro 4000 (142W) card or one Quadro 5000 (152W) card or one FirePro V7900 (<150W) card can be installed in the Z600. However, you can have two Quadro 2000 (62W) cards or two FirePro V5800 (74W) cards or two FirePro V5900 (<75W) cards in the system as this is supported (not that this will help with your graphics processing needs). The Z600 Maintenance and Services Guide also states you can have one 150W graphics card in either PCIe slot 2 or 4 (leaving the adjacent slot empty) OR you can have 2 75W graphics cards in PCIe slot 2 and 4. So SLI or crossfire is not a supported configuration with high end 3D cards due, in part to the 650W 80% efficient HP proprietary PSU used in the Z600 (which can't supply the needed power) and in part to the lack of system cooling validation for these more powerful 'heaters'. And as the HP PSU is a proprietary design, it is not a simple swap to an of the shelf standard ATX supply. Some cabling modifications would be needed and it still may not mechanically fit or work (as others have experienced no boot issues when attempting to use a modified standard ATX swap in their HP workstation -  some have even damaged their system board so be warned). As for mixing cards in SLI configuration, IIRC, Nvidia allows mixing cards from the same family. So, presumably a Q4000 & Q5000 would work as would a GeForce 760 with a Titan, should the PSU have supported the load (which it doesn't). Mixing Q4000 with GeForce Titan in SLI configuration will fail as they would be considered a different family. And you can't use a Quadro driver with a GeForce card or a  GeForce driver with Quadro card which creates a driver issue if you try such SLI mixes. So you may need to buy a more capable system (or do some development work to find a more powerful HP PSU you can fit into the Z600 or instead modify a standard ATX PSU to fit and resolve any issues this creates while also modifying the Z600 chassis cooling system to better cope with the extra heat). Good luck. [edited to add underlined text]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-graphic-card-upgrade/td-p/5054360
Relevancy 45.15%

I am the recent owner of a new to me nbsp Z with the C revision motherboard nbsp Specs are pretty basic with one E GB x gb unbuffered ram a gb SATA HD a DVDRW and a single NVIDIA Quadro nbsp The machine posted the first two times without incident and I booted a live CentOS CD and everything was working fine so I installed it and everything went perfectly nbsp In fact I can't recall such an easy linux install ever nbsp Then I rebooted again and Z600 cmos cannot reset compute. after enabling entered the BIOS to enable hyperthreading nbsp While in the BIOS Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute. the genius in me could not help but play around nbsp At some point I enabled compute for both of the x slots nbsp I know I know big mistake nbsp When I rebooted again I was introduced to the six beeps of death nbsp To me enabled meant allowed not mandatory nbsp I reseated the card cleared or attempted to clear the Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute. CMOS and the offending setting about a nbsp hundred times following the official procedure then Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute. any other I could find to no avail nbsp I found a thread with the exact same issue which mentioned having to wait for the stored energy in the system to bleed off and pressing the power button several times before pressing the CMOS reset button nbsp It worked for others but not me nbsp I have tried everything moving the card changing the card to one that supports CUDA but I enabled both slots I have powered down the machine unplugged the power cord removed the power supply waited hours pressed the CMOS reset button for seconds three times and I still have the six beeps nbsp Unless my machine contains some secret alien technology I am lost nbsp How do you clear the CMOS nbsp I have tried every procedure theory guess chant and encantation I know nbsp I started building computers when Jimmy Carter was Preident and I have seen it all almost nbsp The only other option I can see is a PCI VGA card so I can get back into the BIOS nbsp Any ideas or advise would be appreciated nbsp nbsp It's a great machine and I want it back

A:Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute.

I don't know the exact positon of the CMOS RESET switch, but you can remove the battery to set BIOS defaults.Don't forget to unplug the power cord, no need to remove the power supply or graphics card.Put back the battery after a few minutes and power on the machine.Video should be back now and all BIOS settings (including time and date) are lost.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-cannot-reset-cmos-after-enabling-compute/td-p/5065741
Relevancy 44.29%

Greetings nbsp st time come date Qestion about block (urgent) Z600 boot here but i need a quick answer to a question related to CPU amp Memory supporting - nbsp I try to obtain a used Z workststion for editing projects originally Qestion about Z600 boot block date (urgent) nbsp fitted with DDR GB x nbsp E x Nvidia NVS x G HD x being offered by a seller nbsp Seller managed to sent me a photo capture part of the bios it writes boot block date c revision board nbsp My question is - nbsp is it possible to run dual X Westmere core CPus using stock heatsinks kit No WG AA nbsp is it possible to run max GB x GB DDR - ECC Registered Ram nbsp Note that both Cpus and Ram will most likely obtain from after-market sellers other than designated HP distributers nbsp See attached jpeg for snap shot of system bios boot block date nbsp nbsp Kindly i need a quick reply or the Z offer will slip away fast nbsp Regards nbsp PM

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Qestion-about-Z600-boot-block-date-urgent/td-p/5682114
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,I recently acquired a z600 with a quad core Intel Xeon E550 and I would like to know if it is possible/desirable to put my old z400 two quad core Intel Xeon W3550.I checked and both use socket b type soo I'd assume I should have a problem but as hardware is outside of my knowledge base I wanted to ask =)Thank you in advance

A:Changing my z600 processor to my z400 processors - CPU upgra...

Hi, The z600 series of workstations support Intel Xeon Processor X5570 QC 2.93 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5560 QC 2.80 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5550 QC 2.66 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5540 QC 2.53 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5530 QC 2.40 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5520 QC 2.26 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5506 QC 2.13 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzIntel Xeon Processor E5504 QC 2.00 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzLooks like they support CPU's with 80W to 95W. The Intel Xeon W3550 has TDP 130W .     http://ark.intel.com/products/39720/Intel-Xeon-Processor-W3550-8M-Cache-3_06-GHz-4_80-GTs-Intel-QPI I don't think this is going to work. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Changing-my-z600-processor-to-my-z400-processors-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5854559
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Z600 that came with an REV #003 motherboard and two X5670 CPU's. The board went bad and I replaced it with a REV #001, not realizing that it won't run X56xx chips. So I then purchased two X5570 CPU's and put them in. When I boot, I get a series of 8 beeps, and an error message that the BIOS is corrupt. So I created a BIOS recovery disc and flashed the machine as per the instructions. I then unplug the power cord (as opposed to powering down first), wait 5 seconds and plug it back in a power up. I then get the 8 beeps and the error message just like nothing has been done to fix it. Is it possible that trying to run X56xx chips on that board fried something? Is there a way to reset it? What should I try next? Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z600-Bios-Image-Corrupt-ROM-flash-doesn-t-work/td-p/5599283
Relevancy 43.86%

HP Z600 & Z800 Workstations support Nvidia Quadro M4000 8GB Grpahic Card?  Can the defual power supply hand the wattage from the new GPU's? Currently running Nvidia Quadro FX4800 graphic card.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-amp-Z800-Workstations-support-Nvidia-Quadro-M4000/td-p/5614092
Relevancy 43.86%

Edit - CPU model revised for a porper CPU X nbsp it's st time come here but i need a quick answer to a question related date block about CPU for Qestion Z600 model) (Revised boot to CPU amp Memory supporting - nbsp I try to obtain a used Z workststion for editing projects originally nbsp fitted with DDR GB x nbsp E x Nvidia NVS x G HD x being offered by a seller nbsp Seller managed to sent me a photo capture part of the bios it writes boot block date c revision board nbsp My question is - nbsp is it possible to run dual X Westmere core Qestion about Z600 boot block date (Revised for CPU model) CPus using stock heatsinks kit No WG AA nbsp is it possible to run max GB x GB DDR - ECC Registered Ram nbsp Note that both Cpus and Ram will most likely obtain from after-market sellers other than designated HP distributers nbsp See attached jpeg for snap shot of system bios boot block date nbsp nbsp Kindly i need a quick reply or the Z offer will slip away fast nbsp Regards nbsp PM

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Qestion-about-Z600-boot-block-date-Revised-for-CPU-model/td-p/5682114
Relevancy 43.86%

I am in need of a new system board for a Z600 but want to know which version would work with the 56xx series of Xeon dual processors? There's 460840-001, 460840-002 and 460840-003. The one that came with the machine was 460840-003 / REV AE, but it died so I got a replacement 460840-001 / REV 0D, however, I can't get the computer to post. So I'm looking for which board and Revision I need to make it work? Thanks. Would this one work?http://bit.ly/1omeMkF

A:HP Z600 System board / Motherboard that supports x5670 proce...

The Z600 460840-003 supports both the 55xx and 56xx Xeon processors.  As you discovered, the 460840-001 only supports the 55xx Xeons.  I am not sure about the 460840-002, but there are other threads in this forum where some have tried the varioius -00x Z600 versions. 

I am an HP Employee.My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-System-board-Motherboard-that-supports-x5670/td-p/5565253
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all,

In days of yore it was recommended to create a boot disk...just in case. I don't know whether this is still in practice with Windows XP. From what I can see online...it is. I am trying to help out a small law office who is planning to upgrade to xp. I'd planned to write instructions for them for creating their start-up disks. One question I was asked (and couldn't answer) was whether each workstation needed it's own, or if they could just create one boot disk on one workstation and keep it in the safe for all to use.

Does anyone know? Thanks!

Goldilocks

A:Should An Xp Boot Disk Be Created? And Can Workstation A's Boot Workstation B?

if its the same win xp pro cd (same serial) then it should work with all of them. but it also wouldnt hurt to make discs for all of them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67030/should-an-xp-boot-disk-be-created-and-can-workstation-as-boot-workstation-b/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

ok here are my specs .

RAM 2.50GB
Processor AMD Anthlon 64 3700+ 2.21GHz
graphics card ATI Radeon 4670 DD3 1GB

what do i need to do to improve my FPS in a game?

ive tried playing on very low. and lowering the resolution. it does nothing

i play League of Legends on 31 FPS then it will drop 11-17 FPS later in game or so

A:How to improve FPS

Well lets see, you are using a single core, thats your main problem. a single core is good for light to mid games or older ones, but a single core even tho ok is not great. You need at least a dual core , a powerful one.

Your video card is alright, i had a 4670 with my what i am back using now a intel e3300 and it ran games great at high settings. You just need a better CPU thats all. Oh and your fram is fine, i have 2.5gb of ram myself and games work perfect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-improve-fps.160336/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello. I got a new laptop but my ghz are very low...... is there any way I cam improve my ghz.  AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics    1.4 Ghz4GB  Kingston 1600MHzWindows 10 Home 64-bit

A:Can I improve my ghz ?

No you bought a very low-performing computer. The processor is soldered to the motherboard and cannot be replaced or upgraded.  If we had the model number we can tell how easy it might be to upgrade the memory and perhaps install a solid state drive, which are about your only options to make it perform better. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-improve-my-ghz/td-p/5600009
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a linksys router in the other room... my internet goes on and off. Is there anything that I can do to tweak it up a little without having to pay?

And also.. whenever my wireless goes down I usually have to restart my laptop to get it connected again.

A:How can I improve this..?

Hi Kris,

If you open up Device Manager is there any devices with a yellow exclaimation mark next to them?

Is so then try removing/uninstalling the device, rebooting then Windows will re-install the drivers.

If not then you might want to re-boot your router.

Tip
Normally to reboot just switch the machine off, locate a small hole and press a pen into it for 5-10 seconds then power on the machine. For more information please consult your router documentation.

Note
If your ISP has sent update data to the router it can cause connectivity issues that would seem to be caused by your computer/laptop and normally a re-boot fixes these isues

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/121364-how-can-i-improve.html
Relevancy 38.27%

What can I do to improve my pc without spending loads.
Desktop PC Gaming AMD A8-6600K 3.9GHz , 8GB DDR3 RAM,1TB HDD,USB 3,VGA/DVI - Win10 Pro
-AMD A8 6600K Quad-Core 4.2 GHz Max Turbo, 3.9GHz Base Processor
-windows 10 professional Full license key
-8Gb ddr III 1600Mhz
-1000Gb Sata Hard Drive

Dvd Rewrite Sata
ATX Power Supply 500W

-MSI A78M-E35 Socket FM2+ VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio mATX Motherboard
AMD A78 Chipset
AMD Socket FM2+
mATX Form Factor
AMD RADEON HD8570D Graphic
I've put a nvidia GeForce gt 730 graphic card in.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/what-can-i-do-improve-my-pc-4598742/
Relevancy 38.27%

This is simply brilliant. It adds "don't ask me again" to the UAC prompt.

User Access Control - Vista User Account Control - UAC | Norton Labs

... Personally I trust norton labs as much as I trust microsoft, which is not very much, but I feel that I actually trust norton labs slightly more than microsoft when it comes to keep my computer safe.

A:Improve your UAC.

Or you can elevate uac with the tutorial that Brink made.

User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level

http://www.vistax64.com/software/186470-improve-your-uac.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello SF I'm looking to buy a laptop this is what I have in mind I'm going to use it for gaming and work - ASUS N SV-B Notebook Intel Core i - M GHz Intel HM quot Full - - HD Glossy GB DDR GB BD Combo WiFi NVIDIA GeForce GT M GB Graphics Windows Home Premium -bit -INTEL Core i would How improve you this pc? - QM Quad-Core - GHz TB HD Graphics MB L -Cache nm W EM T EIST HT VT-d VT-x XD Retail -ANTEC Formula Nano Diamond Thermal Compound -CRUCIAL GB x GB PC - DDR MHz SDRAM SODIMM CL Non-ECC -INTEL GB Series SSD MLC MB s -Inch SATA Gb s Retail -NOTEBOOK ACCESSORY Built-in -in- MMC SD MS Media Card Reader Included -WESTERN DIGITAL TB My Passport Essential How would you improve this pc? SE Black External Hard Drive USB USB Retail I can spend around USD DKK and this one is so perhaps if some of this is just pure overkill maybe some of it would be good to downgrade

A:How would you improve this pc?

16 GB of RAM is overkill for most people. It might not be overkill for you depending on your intentions and how much you might save if you dropped back to 8 GB.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/208432-how-would-you-improve-pc.html
Relevancy 38.27%

:wave: hey guys thanks for the help in advance. Well here is my situation, my father as a gift to me for leaving for college bought me a computer. He bought a nice one my 19' screen rocks but do you guys see anypoint in me updating my ram, do i need it? should i say screw it and upgrade my video card. All i play right now is Counter Strike v1.6 so I do not think I need the graphics boost but maybe

Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz
512 MB of RAM
Radeon x300
80 GB mem

PS - I know this sounds really noobish but I know how to make a computer run clean cause I had a really crappy one for as long as I can remember and I do not know how good I can make my new one or how much money I should drop on it, THANKS

A:Do i need more ram, what else do i need to improve on?

If your not going to be playing the new games like Battlefield 2 and all of that there is really no point in upgrading everything. Pretty much if you need it to do schoolwork and fooling around on every once and a while it should be fine. If you feel there is a need to go and buy more RAM or a better graphics card etc. you can go and get it but right now it should be fine with what you want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-more-ram-what-else-do-i-need-to-improve-on.27552/
Relevancy 38.27%

can't upload links or images for 5 post.

A:How to improve FPS to 60~80 from 40?

What is the make and model number of the computer you are talking about here?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-improve-fps-to-60-80-from-40.179422/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,

My PC is generally slow...I have done the following;

Disk clean up
Disk Defragmenter
Updated browser, anti-virus, spyware programme

PC specs;
OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
System Manufacturer: Emachines
Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 11 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~1295 Mhz
Total Physical Memory: 256.00 MB
What else can I do other then updating my hardware?

Thanks in advance

A:How can I improve the performance...?

We would need as much information on your computer specs as possible so we know what to best help you to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-improve-the-performance.551133/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey, I thought it's about time my PC had a little kick. I've got some money around and I've had this one for a year now. It's a Gaming PC but I want just that little extra performance out of it. So I was wondering what you could recommend, for example a new graphics card, some faster RAM, or an SSD or something.

My Specs:
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67Ghz
6GB DDR3 Triple Channel 1333MHz
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
1.5TB HDD 7200RPM

Thanks!

A:What will improve my performance?

You could upgrade your RAM to 1600Mhz.

A better graphics card like a HD 6970.

And a Solid State Drive for programs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-will-improve-my-performance.983068/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have RAM of which RAM is available for Improve performance with more RAM? the internet as I understand it I have GB hard drive of which about GB is free space While I spend some time on the computer Improve performance with more RAM? every day either putting documents in Works reading and writing emails and looking at some favorite websites and doing some research online I expect I am still a light user I m not having any problems with my computer or doing my quot thing quot on it though sometimes it downloads quite slowly The PC pitstop site which has received so much attention on the Tips forum tells me that if I increase RAM to or I will experience immediately improved performance Even though I am not really experiencing problems still I am interested in the prospect of improved performance particularly faster downloads I could always use more time to waste I am wondering if I light user like me Improve performance with more RAM? will experience that improvement or maybe it s something that will only happen to a heavier user grandpaw nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

Now firstly, im completly and utterly hardware illiterate just so you know

So anyhoo I have 150 to improve either: my graphics card, Memory or Hard drive. My main aim is to improve the lag I experience when playing games, recently being BF2.

Currently I have:
Graphics card - ATI Raedon X600
Hard Drive - 71.4GB with 14.5GB space left
Memory: 1024mb RAM
And I have windows XP

So improving which one would make the most difference considering my budget, and what should I replace it with?

~David

Relevancy 37.84%

So I just did a System Reset on my Laptop PC. Now I need to speed up it's performance. How can I do this?

A:How can I improve the performance of my PC?

Originally Posted by Jesse Williams

So I just did a System Reset on my Laptop PC. Now I need to speed up it's performance. How can I do this?

Master Tutorial to Make Windows 10 Super Fast
Do these and check if it helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/38033-how-can-i-improve-performance-my-pc.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Firstly just want to say I wasn t positive as to where to computer. trying improve my i should put this thread so i just went with forum If this thread best fits somewhere else move it please thanks anyways i basically just want to improve my computer i bought it a few weeks ago from a friend for because well that s really cheap and he had told me it was a lot better than it turned trying to improve my computer. out to be Turns out it used to be trying to improve my computer. used as a printer trying to improve my computer. sever for some business and it came with MB of RAM very bad has two slots for RAM i switched the RAM out and now I have MB It s running on Windows XP Pro SP Here s the specs Dell Computer Corp Dell DIMENSION DIM Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz GHz MB of RAM I just bought some ram gb and it s coming soon i was being lazy bought it off the internet and now I m just looking for other ways to fix up this old piece of junk I was talking to a friend and he said he didn t know much only that I probably didn t have many options to enhance it s performance So yeah I don t know really what else to do except put more RAM into it and I m buying a new monitor soon If anyone has some tips suggestions etc whatever I would appreciate it Thanks a ton nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

My cousin used bitdefender back in 2009 i was a newbie that time
i scanned his laptop found many viruses but to my surprise bitdefender was unable to remove it !!
that was the first removal case i had seen.

anyways after that i did not use it for long time

But after the total renewal of bitdefender in 2012 edition i used it and i was a bit satisfied
from that time onwards it just kept on improving and now so many vendors use Bitdefender engine

Now my question is i can understand that detection ratio can be improved with a active team and time but i cant understand what technology did bitdefender introduced that it is now so good not only in removal but allover and why so many vendors use bitdefender engine ? is it because of the detecion rate or there are other reasons to behind it ?

A:How did Bitdefender improve so much !?

Detection rate is high and good. And they are one of the very few vendors that allow its engine to be used by others. If for example ESET would allow its engine and signatures to be used by others, many will use it. ESET's engine is better and lighter than BitDefender's.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-did-bitdefender-improve-so-much.45224/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey I was wondering, how do you make good looking graphics on a video game. Is it in the poly count, or does it depend on the quality of the textures that you use, or does the way you use lighting make the biggest impact? I mean you see several games come out at about the same time, and one game might look fantastic (like crysis 2 for example) and another might look just OK or really bad considering the standard. What exactly makes the graphics look so good?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-improve-graphics.1068113/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello. I am considering increasing my memory from 2gb to 4 gb, and am thinking about switching from 32bit to 64bit ( 64bit will run on my system just fine. )

The point is to make my desktop run faster. I do not do anything which is processor intensive. Mostly just email and news reading. Occasionally I might modify in image, but that would be the hardest.

Mostly I want firefox to respond more quickly in rendering pages etc.

Would making any of these changes improve my lot in life or should I just settle for my system as is. It is 4 years old and still works like a champ. Dell did a good job on this one.

Thanks for your input!

Richard

A:To Improve my old system.

Hey there,

From the standpoint of a very impatient individual, I will say that once you go there, you can't go back. I have 8 gigs of ram and a killer AMD x6; but the biggest difference is an SSD. Once you host your OS on one, you just wont believe how much faster it is compared to a standard (7200rpm) platter drive. Its crazy.

That's my two cents!

Heather

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/163075-improve-my-old-system.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My laptop has been running slower and slower. I've cleared all unnecessary files using disc cleanup,defragment my C: drive and defrag regestry using auslogics,but the peformance still isn't anywhere near "Good". Is there anything else i can do? Upgrading system or installing programs to increase speed and acceleration? Any sort of help is greatly appreciated.

P/S: i've attached my system's info & spec.

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I had been using a XFX HD GB GDDR Dual DVI HDMI DP Out PCI-E for over a year months to be exact and it died I was not insured luckily the retailer I bought it from agreed to repair or replace it It was completely dead and they no longer stocked the original card I opted for a Gainward GTX Phantom MB GDDR Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E with insurance as I didn't want to spend a great deal of money on a As I'm in and out of hospital at the moment and therefore unable to work I'm in the mood for upgrading my computer a little nothing major I'd like to keep my CPU and mobo unless it would offer a significant improvement Would there be away of improving my current system Buying a second graphics card Improve My Would How Setup? You more RAM adding a sound card or even overclocking I use this machine mostly for games and my media playback Blu-rays etc If you don't think I need to that's fine but I'm open to all suggestions Please let me How Would You Improve My Setup? know what you think Spec OS Windows Ultimate CPU Intel Core i GHz Socket MB Cache MOBO Gigabyte GA-X A-UD R Intel X Socket Channel Audio RAM Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR Mhz Non-ECC Unbuffered GFX Gainward GTX Phantom MB GDDR x Case Antec Dark Fleet DF- Case PSU Antec Truepower Quattro W

A:How Would You Improve My Setup?

Bleu,
You have a very nice rig currently. I might consider your CPU cooling. Have you considered the great Corsair H100 and adding 4 premium fans in push pull?

Then of course adding an additional GPU would be killer but I might suggest going in stages buy enhancing the CPU cooling and investigating a modest overclock. Then look into a nice SLi set up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/226349-how-would-you-improve-my-setup.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, i am new here. I just wanted to ask experts' opinion about my PC, cause i am not really satisfied with my PC performance
Spec: Processor: AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00 GHz
RAM: 12.0 GB
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Monitor: BenQ RL2455
VGA: Palit NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 jetstream
Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming
Is there any problem with my spec?cause sometimes when i play game like DOTA2, i had some fps drop, and my stable fps with HIGH setting cant reach 100 fps

A:Ask about PC gaming to improve

Specs is looking nice.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625528/ask-about-pc-gaming-to-improve/
Relevancy 37.84%

I'm not too terrible familiar with all the ins and outs of networking but I have some quot basic quot questions as I am looking into improving my network speed I'll begin with what I have on the network PCs PS Xbox all wired and a Wii wireless I have a WRT GS router currently I'm considering getting the D-Link DGL- as an upgrade My question is would this be a significant upgrade One of my PCs has a gigabit ethernet card and one does not Will this router supply the fastest speed to each device or would it provide the speed that the weakest device was capable of to all devices on the network Secondly my internet provider offers packages Mbps X Kbps Mbps X Kbps Mbps X Mbps I currently have the st package X so how dramatic would the change from the st to rd package be I'm primarily Trying my improve to network looking to A Get constant good speeds when gaming B Get significant increased speeds when streaming video etc Again I'm quite new to the networking side of Trying to improve my network things so I don't know if these questions even make complete sense but I thought I'd ask before I try the spend and trial error approach so any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Trying to improve my network

According to this Windows 7 Compatibility D-Link D-Link DGL-4500 Xtreme N Gaming Wireless Router the D-Link is compatible with both 32bit and 64bit Win7 versions with no additional action required (out of box). However that is a draft N router and to get the full benefit of its' performance, your devices would have to be N type devices, but it is backward compatible with a b and g wireless so that's not a real problem.
According to this Windows 7 Compatibility Linksys Linksys BroadBand w/SpeedBooster 72Mbps 802.11g 4Port Wireless Router the Linksys is compatible with 32 bit Win7 after a firmware upgrade and there is no information regarding Win7 64bit. I have personally used this particular router with Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and while it worked, I was not at all pleased with the actual wireless performance even when my wireless device was very close to the router. (Your mileage may vary)
As for the ISP upgrade in service, I'm all for the latest and greatest, biggest and badest...but it's usually about your personal budget. Streaming video would be all about download and I would think that 7megs would be more than sufficient, would 11 megs be better, well if you're having problems with buffering now, then I would think yes, but I would wonder more about the source of the video and how busy their servers are. Gaming is bi-directional up and down and while the upgrade would double your upload performance don't expect it to work miracles, there are a ton of people out there with cable, fios and uverse that have some incredible up and down speeds. So to summarize I guess I would say, if you can afford it, go for it. Just don't end up doubling your monthly fees for what is not actually going to amount to doubling your internet performance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/49212-trying-improve-my-network.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My case has 3 exhaust fans (PSU, 2nd fan in rear, 1 on top) but only the one intake (80mm inside a fan gasket, behind front bezel). What bothers me are the teeny tiny holes in front of the case. There doesn't seem to be much air available to intake. I thought of a 120mm fan, but the height of the fan would be much greater than the height of those little holes. Any ideas?

Relevancy 37.84%

So I bought and managed to play Deus Ex Mankind Divided on my machine nbsp In all honesty I do find fault in how Square Enix or Edios nbsp Montreal didn't even bother to optimize the to be a There o... the improve performance way to HAS game for PCs nbsp Still be that as it may I AM left wondering if there isn't a way to future proof my investment nbsp According to Game-Debate com it may be possible to upgrade the GPU to a nbsp NVidia GeForce GTX M GB However I lack the expertise necessary to know whether the other components of my notebook would be compatible with it nbsp NVidia There HAS to be a way to improve the performance o... Geforce M GB NVidia GeForce M GB NVidia GeForce GTX M GB nbsp In the end it may simply be easier to connect and utilize an eGPU The problem with that however is that a high-speed connection usually nbsp provided by Thunderbolt or USB Type-C is required My notebook only has USB connections That and eGPUs are often only compatible with devices made by the same manufacturer nbsp as the eGPU Are you listening Lenovo nbsp nbsp Moderator comment Serial number s removed to protect member from mischief

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/There-HAS-to-be-a-way-to-improve-the-performance-of-my-Yoga-3/td-p/3443090
Relevancy 37.84%

http://www.masta-gamerz.com/

Im not sure on how to improve my site can i please have some suggestions

http://www.masta-gamerz.com/forum/index.php

If it is allowed could i also have some suggestions on how to fix that up!!!!!!

I would appreciate it im not ADVERTISING im asking cuz i wanna affiliate and make ppl happy...........if its not allowed DELETE this thread ok....i wasnt sure
i would like as many suggestions as possible PLEASE REPLY