Windows Support Forum

Will adding second CPU improve speed(Z600 workstation)?

Q: Will adding second CPU improve speed(Z600 workstation)?

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided, My father gave me a "Z600 workstation" that he is not going to use anymore(retired). I noticed that this unit can have a dual CPU setup. My question is if I can use this unit for gaming. Can I set up the rig with 2 CPU for better gaming performance? I am aware of GPU and RAMM upgrades but not to sure if it's even possible to run the 2 CPU at the same time? Will having the 2 CPU increase the GHz speed from 2.13GHz - 4.26GHz? system : HP Z600 WorkstationIntel Xeon E5506 (1x)@2.13GHz3GB DDR3 RAMMWindows 8.1 ProBoot Block Date 01/30/09 B3-based system

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-adding-second-CPU-improve-speed-Z600-workstation/td-p/5672234
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Will adding second CPU improve speed(Z600 workstation)?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 23.22%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm trying to add ascend modem in my basement so I get a better connection down there, since that's where my Smart TV is. I changed the SSID and password to the same as my other one, and changed some other settings to match that of the other. When I try to connect my laptop via Ethernet it won't connect to the Internet. The two modems are the same model, and I am not well experienced in these things, any and all help is appreciated.

A:Adding second modem

*I'm trying to add a second modem,
Sorry for any other typos

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-second-modem.207409/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello First I want to say that my native language is not English If I have made any grammatical errors ask to be excused Recently I decided to improve my computer s video card and bought a GTX DirectCU Once I put it in my computer he began to beep and the card does not start at all I went to the computer service and asked what could be my problem There I was xw4600 and HP DirectCU GTX Workstation 660 told that most likely my power is insufficient So before I invest in new power want to ask - is it possible that the problem lies elsewhere In the end it was pretty old computer and there may be some incompatibility On the GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation net I found this The HP XW workstation motherboard and power supply are Proprietary GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation the power supply can t be upgraded with a standard ATX power supply Sorry The power supply is specific to that hp board Click to expand Spoiler My pc Power Supply watts wide-ranging active Power Factor Correction Efficient Computer Computer Type ACPI GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation x -based PC Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core Duo E MHz x Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard HP xw Workstation Motherboard Chipset Intel Beachwood X System Memory MB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM DIMM Micron HTF AY- E GB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Micron HTF AY- E GB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz BIOS Type Compaq Display Video Adapter NVIDIA Quadro FX MB Storage Disk Drive ST AS GB RPM SATA-II Disk Drive WDC WD EZEX- BN A GB RPM SATA-III Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H Q BIOS BIOS Properties Vendor Hewlett-Packard Version F v Release Date Size MB System BIOS Version Boot Devices Floppy Disk Hard Disk CD-ROM ATAPI ZIP LS- Capabilities Flash BIOS Shadow BIOS Selectable Boot Network Service Boot EDD BBS Supported Standards DMI ACPI PnP Expansion Capabilities PCI USB Virtual Machine No From my research so far my power supply should be enough for this video card nbsp

A:GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation

My best opinion as to why you are having problems is incompatibility. Looking at the chipset for your motherboard (Intel Beachwood X38), it is linked for a PCI Express slot version 1.1. The Geforce GTX 660 DirectCU is a PCI Express 3.0 card. Not all PCI Express 3.0 cards will work in a PCI Express 1.1 slot. Multiple people have had problems with said issue. If you are looking for better compatibility, I would suggest getting a PCI Express 2.1 (or 2.0) video card. You will have less issues getting it to work properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-660-directcu-and-hp-xw4600-workstation.210847/
Relevancy 23.65%

If I currently get an average of 20mbps using a linksys n router with comcast as my ISP. If I upgrade to an ac router, and assuming I have ac compatible devices, will I get any significant increase in wifi speed? I wasn't sure if I need to get a faster internet tier from Comcast or not. AC routers promise much faster speeds (400mbps) but comcast says they provide me with 25 tops. Can I just upgrade my router or do I have to pay more to comcast?

A:Will 802.11ac router increase download speed?

If 25mbps is all that comcast is providing, u are doing all u can expect if u are receiving 20 u are doing all u can expect with that plan. changing u'r router is not going to help in the least.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-802-11ac-router-increase-download-speed.209175/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi all,

I have an ECS mobo with 1 GB RAM. I'm going to add another 1 GB RAM. The current RAM is Kingston and another is Apacer. When adding the Apacer into RAM slot of the mobo, the computer doesn't show anything. I replaced the Kingston's slot with the Apacer but again the PC doesn't come up and doesn't show anything.
What is the problem please?

A:Problem when adding another RAM

What is the specific model of the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-when-adding-another-ram.207359/
Relevancy 32.68%

This mobo got me wondering, packs alot of specs :
18 SATA ports (10 are SATA3 ports from the Intel X99 Express chipset, 8 are SAS ports stemming from the LSI SAS 3008 controller) and five PCI-E 3.0 x 16slots for 4-way graphics cards! 600$ motherboard for some serious business, I think this would be ideal for a video editing workstation..

A:Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I'm probably one of the few that uses the ASRock Z87 Extreme11
There is always a market for their Extreme11 series boards. I use mine for a bounch of stuff gaming, media server, video editing with all 22 SATA ports even 2way SLI. Might be a bit over kill 4 way SLI but who knows...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultimate-server-workstation-mobo-asrock-x99-extreme-11.206694/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I didn't know where to post this
my internet speed been groin crazy
its goes fine then at some point all the speed drop the lights flickers
only in wifi tho
I called my ISP they said it the signals from the wireless phone
called my friend he says its signals from other routers * I live in a building around 16 ap 4 per floor*
both said to connect via either
a lot of my usage is by phone so I use wifi
any one have any solution for it ?

A:Internet speed

Eliminate the possibilities.

Turn off the wifi, connect to router via cable only. Is it still slowing down? If yes, it's something related to wireless. Then continue troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed.204286/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an internet connection that I have extended to my Brother in law's house, next door. At the moment, I basically have two LAN cables coming out of my modem/router, one going to my computer and another, extended cable, going to his computer.
However, he wants to use his spare modem/router, which has wifi capability, to allow his son to use his own computer downstair with only wifi.
Therefore, will there be any conflicts if I simply splice in a Lan cable or add a lan socket for the second modem/router (wifi location.) at the appropriate point along Lan cable 2? See diagram below.
If there is a possibility of conflict what would be an alternate wiring method?

Thanks,
Tom.

A:Adding extra wifi (modem/router) to my already extended network

Good drawing and this will work just fine. In fact, that's what I use to get access at the far end of the house. Here's the trick;

router#1(lan slot) ---- (lan slot) router#2 with wifi​
Notice that #2 WAN slot is left empty! This places all systems on the same subnet of the router#1 {what you are doing is making router#2 act like a switch which has wifi support (y) }

* Give router# a unique LAN address (If #1 is 192.168.1.1, then make #2 192.168.1.1) This will allow each to be manage via a browser connection
* in router#2 disable DHCP. This forces #1 to be the manager of the entire network and it will handout all IP addresses
Personally, I use the MAC addresses of my devices to enable router#1 to use Address Reservation of IP address for all devices attached to #1 (ie I map the devices to the range 1.2-> 1.10)

Then set the DHCP range in #1 to 1.100-1.50
These will be used for all devices attached (wired or wifi) to #2

Optional:
All systems can then use the firewall to allow or deny access for one or both halves of the network. EG: I permit access for 1-10 and 255 while denying 100-254​ALL system must allow the top-end address 255 as that is the broadcast address that is used to hand out the DHCP data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-extra-wifi-modem-router-to-my-already-extended-network.203204/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi All,

I'm really struggling here. I've just purchased some Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Pro Series Red DDR3 Memory with the Specs CAS 12-13-13-35, 1.65V at 2666MHz. I got 2 sets (2x4GB per set, 16GB overall, all 4 slots are occupied). When I choose the XMP profile, the computer fails to post, it resets and then tells me "overclock failed". To get it to boot I set the speed to 2133MHz and it is now stable.

MoBo is an Asus Maximus Vi Hero (Z87) and a Haswell Core i7 4770K with a H60 closed loop on it.
Power supply is a Corsair AX750.

My question is, why can I not hit the advertised speed of 2666MHz? Do I need to send more voltage through them?

Thanks for your help in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-xmp-profiles-fail-to-reach-targeted-speed.203152/
Relevancy 23.65%

Ok, so I just recently upgraded to a Cat6 cord, I needed a longer cord and the only ones being sold where the Cat6 so I had to get it. Before I installed it, I had a Cat5E, my speed listing was about 3.8mbps give or take.. yeah crappy verizon DSL. But after hooking up the Cat6, I'm now getting about 1.2mbps. I'm rather confused on this, cause from what I read and what I know, that shouldn't cause my speed to dive bomb. And I know it's dive bombed even without the speed test, cause everythings slowed down, loading webpages, gaming, it's all miserably slow. So, I'm at a loss, did I somehow install it wrong? Did I not appease some Tech god before doing it right? Or, perhaps a faulty line?

A:New Cat6 cord, killed internet speed

Temporarily use the 5e cable again? See if it goes back to previous speed.

My guess would be this should not happen. The cable I would think is sort of a go or no go situation, meaning it works or it doesn't. I'm sure you can have cables with some 'damage' that work but at reduced capacity, but 5e and 6 should be capable of doing 1000Mbps, so when you are talking about a decline from 3.8 to 1.2 that is minuscule compared to what the cable should be capable of, so I really doubt the cable is at fault. Just a weird coincidence based on the information you've given us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cat6-cord-killed-internet-speed.202836/
Relevancy 33.54%

I recently purchased a Supermicro SuperWorkstation A- and am having problems getting the audio to work I installed Windows Pro and the Motherboard has built in Realtek ALC audio I did install the latest drivers that Supermicro has for the ALC I have one green plug that Supermicro Not Working Audio Workstation runs speakers and subwoofer I have that plugged into the Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working green plug on the back of the computer In the Realtek HD Audio Manager the SPEAKERS Tab is check as the default device In the SOUND window Speakers are also checked as the Default device When I play some music the green bar moves up and down in the SOUND window and in the VOLUME MIXER window So the speakers have been detected when I plugged them in and it is showing that the built in Audio is working but no sound is coming out Any ideas on this Supermicro may eventually solve this problem but I really want to get on with this using this computer now When I installed the Drivers for the NVIDIA Quadro K Graphics Card it also seems to have installed some NVIDIA High Definition Audio Drivers It doesn t seem to help when I disable them Also I noticed lots of people talking about not seeing the SPEAKERS tab in these forums I was also having that problem The computer seemed to quit detecting when anything was plugged in so the tab never came up I finally figured out how to fix that problem though To get the SPEAKERS Tab to reappear you go to the right had side of the Realtek HD Audio Manager window and click on the little folder icon A CONNECTORS SETTINGS Window pops up and there is a box you can check for Enabling auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in You need to uncheck that box and click OK You then go back to that folder and recheck that box and click OK again The Speakers tab should now appear when you plug in something nbsp

A:Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working

The next time my computer rebooted the Speakers Tab once again disappeared and there is nothing I can do that will bring it back! *sigh*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/supermicro-workstation-audio-not-working.201241/
Relevancy 24.08%

Can processor speed be increased without changing or removing any harddware

A:Processors: Can speed be increased?

Depends on your specs and what you mean by increase.

Some processors are unlocked and can be over-clocked by increasing the processor frequency multiplier (which is multiples of the system bus frequency). This only effects the stability of the processor if clocked to high.

Many systems even if the processor is not unlocked, can still be overclocked by increasing the system bus frequency. Changing this frequency effects everything in the system, which can cause system instability with anything.
System builders will lock both system bus and frequency multiplier, by customizing the system BIOS. Limiting the BIOS is the number one reason, I do not like prebuilt systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processors-can-speed-be-increased.200569/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello ?
Recently, I need more speed for my computer.
Basically I want upgrade hardware but I am not expert: I need some advice.
I am using my computer for Computer Animation: Mostly Autodesk Maya.

I am in the middle of learning Animation Part and realize if I am going to use MentalRay with Animation,
I have to wait a long time [I believe].

Currently my computer's spec:
i5 2500K.
ASRock P67 EXTREME 4
8GB of RAM
GTX 560TI of 1GB

Which hardware should upgrade ?

A:I want to make more speed for 3D Tool - mainboard

Budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-make-more-speed-for-3d-tool-mainboard.200200/
Relevancy 24.08%

Is it normal for the fan speed on my Radeon 4800 to be 0 when the card temperature is 71 degrees C?

A:Radeon 4800 Fan Speed is 0 at 71 degrees C

Nope.

Download MSI Afterburner, see if you can manually change the fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-4800-fan-speed-is-0-at-71-degrees-c.199553/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a SONY Handycam that uses MP120 8mm Video Cassettes. I used this Handycam to tape home videos. When I use the playback feature on the Handycam it seems as if it is playing back in a slower speed. When I connect the Handycam to my computer and play back, it does the same thing. It is as if the camera was recording at a wrong speed. Is there any way I can control the speed of the video camera via computer, so that I can get the home videos transferred to DVD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8mm-home-video-playback-wrong-speed.199460/
Relevancy 24.08%

So I just installed my 8350 about two days ago and I just found out that it isn't running to its full potential. It's running at 2812 MHz. when it should be running at at least 4k MHz. I tried running my game to see if it will go up and maybe its just idle to save power but that did not work. Then I went into my bios and turned off all my C-State (c1e, c6 are the only two I have). And that did not do the trick and I have ran into a brick wall. Please help me.

A:AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

I have 3 possible solutions to the issue: 1) The CPU is flawed. 2) You are in a power saving Windows state. 3) Your CPU is running hot, which will throttle its speed to something lower.

In order to check whether your PC is in a power saving mode, go to the start menu and type in "power options". Choose the one listed under "control panel". Once you click it, it should bring up a window that tells you what power state you are in. Choose the "Balanced" plan if it is in power saving mode and see if that helps.

Secondly, download and run RealTemp and tell me what the CPU temperature is at idle and when gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-8350-not-getting-correct-speed.199067/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude D620 laptop that I bought in 2006 and it runs EXTREMELY slow, whether I am on the Internet or just doing basic tasks in Windows or MS Office. It has Windows XP, some basic software (like MS Office), and only a few files (because the hard drive crashed last year, so I only put a few files back on it, after installing the new hard drive). I know it's relatively old, but is there ANYTHING I can do to increase the speed of the computer, without buying additional memory? Any help I can get with increasing the speed will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I don't know if this is a different issue, but sometimes the laptop seems to get too hot (at the bottom) after being on for too long.

Thanks in advance.

A:Dell laptop runs extremely slow - need help boosting speed

First, make sure your vents are clear of dust. Heat can cause all kinds of issues. Do you have a cooling pad?

Second, have you scanned for infections?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-runs-extremely-slow-need-help-boosting-speed.167636/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys. I am doing a project that compares the relationship between population and internet speed. I was really hoping that you guys would help me out and provide some data for me. Please leave comments with the following information
What's your up/down speed? (speedtest.net results preferred)
What's your local area population?
What's the population of the nearest city?
Any replies would be great, thanks all.

A:What's your internet Speed?

I'm pretty sure there's a thread for this already - I'll link it when I get a chance to search.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-your-internet-speed.198656/
Relevancy 23.65%

http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/bf4-loves-high-speed-memory

This was posted by Corsair a couple of days ago. What does everyone think? Is this just an attempt to get people to upgrade to shinny corsair ram, or is this finally a reason for gamers to have good ram/ overclock our current sticks?

A:Battlefield 4 loves high-speed memory?

No way the average FPS increases by 20 just by adding faster RAM (1920x1200 ultra graph)... BF3 barely gains 3 FPS from high speed RAM. It is just bloated graphs and marketing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battlefield-4-loves-high-speed-memory.197380/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello,
recently my old router died, so I bought the new one. I connected it to my PC, entered my ISP information. It's working, but kinda slowly. My ISP speed used to be 10MB/s, but now I'm downloading torrents only with 1MB/s. Task manager shows that network is used by 10% since I have my adapers speed and duplex set to auto negotation. Do you have any ideas how to fix this?
EDIT: I use cable connection.

A:New router slow down speed

Disable QoS on the router and the PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-router-slow-down-speed.196808/
Relevancy 24.08%

So this is my current situation.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2917185658

I don't know why my download is so low, sometimes it's skyhigh (~60mbps) and sometimes it doesn't even make the 1 mbps I'm hooked on straight to our main modem I even put off Wi-fi and everything and I still have around 5mbps please help

A:Having problems with my download speed

Contact your ISP and tell them your download rates are fluctuating. They have ways of testing for problems with the lines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-my-download-speed.195611/
Relevancy 24.51%

I just did a couple speed tests on my computer.
The first one was 285pc Ping. 2.40mbps Download speed. 0.56 Upload speed.
The second test was 265pc Ping. 2.20mpbs Download speed. 0.60 Upload speed.
Are these numbers good? Thanks Ray ( hope I put this in the right forum)

A:Speed tests

With the exception of ping, they are nearly the same as what I have. Ping is a measure of time it take to get a response from a server. You could try a different server for different response times. However there are numerous reasons for fluctuation ping results, which could simply be a bad day.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-tests.195079/
Relevancy 34.4%

So hey people I m new here so I want to know what I need to buy so first things firs I workstation buy Want for 3d a and video to have dls second I almost use all the time adobe premiere after effects cinema d and some times zbrush Want to buy a workstation for video and 3d and maya in video I work from full hd to k and k so some times I do rendering for architecture also So thats what I have and the programs I use so I wanted to go and muy a workstation for this so some said BUY A INTEL and others BUY AMD and some said MAKE A NVIDIA MAXIMUS and I was like I LIKE THE FIREPRO W SO WHATS BETTER I was configuring this computer the other day the http www titanuscomputers com Titanus-A -Dual-AMD-Opteron-Seoul- -Series-p a htm With gb ram a w OPTERON cores or maybe cores thats on the main thing the other things are just accesories but is it really the best option or should I go for intel please I really need to know a real answer because I just want the render and transcoding video fast enough to make a good workflow so would like some help from you guys on this I have been reading a lot for this but hell Im not a computer genious I just want to render faster nbsp

A:Want to buy a workstation for video and 3d

I would not go for an Opteron processor as they are meant more for servers than desktops. For a build like this, you would either be looking at the AMD 8350 flagship or an Intel I7 4xxx.. The main difference is that Intel is faster on single-threaded tasks (that is the major difference), but AMD is ever so slightly faster on some multi-threaded tasks...

Would you be willing to build the computer yourself?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-buy-a-workstation-for-video-and-3d.195237/
Relevancy 33.97%

Bro ,
just seen your suggestion , really very help full.. also need your advise in building graphics workstation. we are advertising company.. I want to build a perfect graphics workstation for our our designers..
we use the following applications .

3d Software- 3d studio Max 2013
Render resolution- HD 1920
Adobe Master Collection 6
Adobe Design Collection 6 (illustrator-photoshop-indesign) ME
Maya
After Effect Package Plugin
Cinema 4D ?vision 14

all the above application we use to make exhibition stall designs..ect.
at present we are using intel xeon quad core - 3.2 Ghz with 6GB RAM .. ATI RADEON HD4780 1GB., we are using single monitor.. may be required Dual screen..

I was looking for HD Z820 and Z640 series... dual xeon with 8 core processor with 32GB RAM , Nvidia Quadro 4000 is costing huge amount...$ 10,000/- each

I know build customized will reduce the cost...I want about 5 workstations..

so please advise me best suitable computer spec... relable spec and recomanded graphics card.. my budged is $ 5000/-

A:Building graphics workstation

Is the $5000 per computer, or for all the computers put together?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-graphics-workstation.194369/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello guys,

I have an USB flash memory brand PNY. Its speed is very low, that is, when I copy or delete files into/from it, it takes a very long time to be done. Is there a way to speed it up?

Thanks.

A:Speed the USB flash memory up

NO. Most likely you have it inserted to a USB 1.1 slot when it needs USB 2.0.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-the-usb-flash-memory-up.193713/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello all members,
I was searching for dedicated server for one of my clients and whenever I find a new host, I try to test dedicated server speed by downloading sample files. Recently, I have tested atlantic.net dedicated server speed, but how can I be sure that this speed will remain the same for my client's after buying?

FYI, here is the link from where I have tested dedicated server speed:

atlantic.net/dedicated-servers/dedicated-server-speed-test.htmlClick to expand...

A:Dedicated server speed test

Hmm; would appear that you are referring to a network bandwidth test.
However, as I write this Atlantic.net is DOWN - - ping just gets 110% timeouts.

This link has some reviews you might like to see.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dedicated-server-speed-test.192319/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a Lenovo IdeaCenter K-300 ( 64bit) 2 of its memory slots have 2048MB each 2 are empty.
Is 2048 MB each the same as 2gbs each or 1 gb each? I need to know so I can buy the correct memory for the 2 empty slots. Thanks

A:Adding memory

You have a total of 4gbs in your current config (2 x 2048).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-memory.193089/
Relevancy 35.26%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi All I am trying to Best Workstation Graphic buy a brand new Dell Workstation but I want to know what specifications are needed enough amp best for Best Graphic Workstation graphic please I need workstation for graphic designer who works on Adobe CS collection After Effect Maya Premier D Max for designing the promos and animations I have the following specifications of workstation amp want to know whether is it ok for graphic or not Processor Two Intel Xeon Processors E Best Graphic Workstation - Six Core GHz M GT s Turbo Operating System Windows Professional SP No Media -bit English Productivity Software Microsoft Office Trial MUI Energy Efficiency Option No Energy Star Memory GB DDR RDIMM Memory MHz ECC x GB DIMMs Graphics Dual NVIDIA Quadro NVS GB MON mDP GPU Computing None Multi Select Video Adapters Display Port to VGA Adapter Hard Drive Configuration C SATA Inch - Hard Drives Hard Drive RAID RAID PCIe Hard Drive Controller None Hard Drive Controller Integrated Intel Controller SATA Gb s RAID ports Boot Hard Drive TB RPM quot SATA Gb s Hard Drive nd Hard Drive TB RPM quot SATA Gb s Hard Drive I am waiting for a proper solution BR Fahim nbsp

A:Best Graphic Workstation

Well, having 2 Xeon E5s with a weak GPU and little RAM means the PC is aimed at computing tasks, not graphic design. Would you mind building your own machine? It allows for more customization is cheaper, and has a much wider range of options. I am also more familiar with building custom workstations rather than prebuilt (Dell, HP, etc.) workstations. Would you like to build your own or stick with Dell or HP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-graphic-workstation.191969/
Relevancy 33.97%

Good day to all!

Can a ZOTAC GTX 650 TI run on HP z820 workstation?
If so, can 2 VC run 4 52" LCDs?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Can a Zotac GTX 650 TI run on HP z820 workstation?

Well may I ask why you want a 650ti to be paired with a $2500 dual Xeon monster? Since you have a workstation, I am guessing you do Photoshop or Autocad. Plus what do you mean "VC"? Also, I dont think your TV has DVI inputs nor display ports, only HDMI. Unfortunately the 650Ti only has 1 HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-zotac-gtx-650-ti-run-on-hp-z820-workstation.191237/
Relevancy 24.08%

Basicly the core i5-3570k is running at 1600 when im just browsing the internet and I dont really like that so is the ram which si running at 680 mhz while it shoud be 1600 how to fix this I know that it goes to these figures just to save energy ect but I dont like it

A:I5-3570k core speed

Change your computer power options to 'High performance'. That will fix the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i5-3570k-core-speed.191059/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi folks, I'm having problems with my wireless connection on my desktop computer and I'm really stuck! The signal regularly drops to 1 bar and the speed will fluctuate anywhere between <1Mbps up to 11Mbps (although it's usually at the lower end), and sometimes it will lose connection with the router all together.
I've used a Belkin USB dongle and more recently a TP-Link PCI Express card, both N150. My router is a D-Link N150. Both the dongle and the adapter have had the same issues. In comparison, my Lenovo Z570 laptop and before it got destroyed my housemate's HP laptop had no issues, which basically leaves me with just my PC as a possible cause or some sort of setting somewhere.

PC spec:
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LE
Processor: i3

If anyone has any ideas I would be really grateful!

A:Wireless speed/signal problems

Does your router have a password? Someone could be stealing bandwidth.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-speed-signal-problems.190958/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys I just got a new modem and ii was geting 2Mb's down and like 0.10kb/s up, And since I got my modem they said im gonna get 4Gb download for web pages its the same time..... only my speed has went up http://www.speedtest.net/result/2568698551.png

A:Internet speed confusion

What is your question here my friend. Why did this occur?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed-confusion.190594/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello, I bought a new 600w Ocz MoxXStream-pro Psc the other day. I set it all up correctly, then it on then slowly increases after it asks me to press F1 to continue the fan speed increases then hits 100%. Windows loads up and all that. So I checked everything over, put new thermal paste in. But still the Cpu fan is hitting 100% speed. This really concerns me... Please, can anyone help me? I put in the old Psu and everything runs fine.I really don't understand...

System Dell xps 420, Evage 650Ti, 750gb Hdd.

A:PSU causing 100% fan speed

Don't know about the xps 420, but many Dells have proprietary PSUs and motherboards with connectors that may or may not conform the the standard ATX specs for pinouts. Check the Dell website or google it, someone has undoubtedly run into this problem before with the xps 420. Also could be faulty PSU causing mobo to go into survival mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-causing-100-fan-speed.189700/
Relevancy 23.65%

I've copying files from one external hard drive to another and though both are USB 3 the transfer rate is 4MB/s or less. What is up? Both drives have been much faster by themselves.

A:Transfer speed between two external hard drives is 4MB/s :(

What kinda files? Lots of small files don't do well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transfer-speed-between-two-external-hard-drives-is-4mb-s.189385/
Relevancy 27.52%

I just received two new TB hdds from newegg and would like advice on the best process to go with Here s what I want to accomplish Put a fresh install of the current OS Windows Pro OEM software onto one of the new drives I ve read OEM software is not fully install-able 7 to rig, Adding Win fresh on put x64 to it want HDD on a blank hdd in some cases but maybe that referred to OEM win Home Edition which comes from a store like a Dell I bought this OEM Pro from Newegg Adding HDD to rig, want to put fresh Win 7 x64 on it when I built the machine Need to eventually move a bunch of my files off the old hdd The old hdd is a WD TB only sata and rpm I also need a Adding HDD to rig, want to put fresh Win 7 x64 on it solid backup process Adding HDD to rig, want to put fresh Win 7 x64 on it put in place so was considering RAID setup using both the new drives Does that require any special hardware or cabling or is it all done behind the scenes with normally installed sata drives I won t hit near TB for a long time so maybe I just go with one new drive internal for everything and use the old drive as an external use for back up and save the additional new drive for who knows what Couldn t help it they were dollars I have no enclosure at the moment so is it possible to leave the old drive in the rig and somehow make it not bootable Can I simply not point the BIOS to it and problem solved I built this rig so know my way around the system pretty well However I ve never done this kind of upgrade before Thanks for any input you folks can give nbsp

A:Adding HDD to rig, want to put fresh Win 7 x64 on it

Backup: if your MOBO supports RAID, you can configure the 2TB drives in a RAID 1 array. Basically, anything written to the 2TB drive will get copied to the other too - you have a mirror image. Personally, I'd use the drives in a normal way, and just use the 2nd drive to backup essential data on a regular basis using a tool such as Windows Backup (built in to Win7).

Installing fresh OS: Install one of your 2TB drives into PC. Use Disk Manager to rename your current HDD to X:, or something. Not C: or whatever you have it currently set to. Format the 2TB drive, set it to C:.

Yank the original HDD cables from the PC, and install Win7 normally on the 2TB drive. I like to do this to reduce the options, sometimes install screws up.. After you are done, install the 2nd 2TB drive, and reconnect the original HDD. Before booting, check BIOS to make sure that the HDD order is set to the 2TB drive you freshly installed Windows on (having only this drive in the PC, means you can check BIOS for the identifiable tag to not mix them up).

Moving files: The old HDD should now be accessible, as a second drive. Format the 2nd 2Tb drive at this time too. In terms of drive lettering: I have C: as my boot, E: as my data, and X: as my 'backup' drive. I shove things like my Docs, Music, Pics, Steam games, Downloads on the backup drive. I don't feel the need to have it mirrored.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-hdd-to-rig-want-to-put-fresh-win-7-x64-on-it.188771/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I need a help to resolve one issue with my Belkin router F7D4402 v1. I have got it recently and configured it without any issue and my internet (ADSL) was up and running. However, later I have noticed that, my internet speed is limited to 1.5 Mbps. whereas; the speed I was getting on my old Linksys WAG200 router was minimum 2.0 Mbps.

I have tried to disable the QoS and other options but no use. But when I enabled the Mac cloning it worked fine. I was getting the speed I subscribed for, but unfortunately, the other devices on my Wi-Fi stopped working. With Mac clone enable, the internet is only available to my PC.

I need the internet on my PC plus all the Wi-Fi devices in my house and along with it my full internet speed, not just 1.5 Mbps.

Can anyone please help to fix the issue?

Thank a lot.

A:Belkin router F7D4402 v1 ADSL speed is fixed to 1.5 Mbps

It's not the router - - you up against the limit of ADSL.

see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-router-f7d4402-v1-adsl-speed-is-fixed-to-1-5-mbps.188430/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am paying for internet high speed 3 MBPS
just did a speed test my internet speed is Ping 155 download 0.56 upload 0.31
This is DSL
I have just called Windstream and there looking in to it.
My Qustion is where should I be at with 3 Mbps?

A:Need to know more about Internet speed

See this post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-know-more-about-internet-speed.188227/
Relevancy 31.39%

Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron 1545
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I checked the ratings of my components and they came out like this (scale of 1.0 to 7.9):
Processor: 5.5
Memory (RAM): 5.5
Graphics: 3.9
Gaming Graphics: 3.4
Primary hard disk: 5.8

What do I need to do to improve the graphics of my laptop? Do I need to get a new laptop?

*Additional information: I live stream on twitch.tv and I want a good set up for gaming preferably on the computer I currently have. Some of the games I try to play have a lot of lag during the streams and I tried everything to reduce it, but I think it is just my graphics card isn't strong enough. If you want to check out my stream here is the link: www.twitch.tv/diirtyxweezy

A:Do I need a new processor to improve my graphics or do I just need a new graphics card?

This laptop is not a great gaming laptop. There's nothing you can upgrade on it. If you are serious about gaming, use a up-gradable desktop PC or be prepared to spend a great deal more money on a gaming laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-a-new-processor-to-improve-my-graphics-or-do-i-just-need-a-new-graphics-card.187802/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have an older 1GB p.c. I want to add 1G.B. to it. I located the correct part but my question is,,is this a simple process ? or should I have a pro do it? thanx

A:Adding memory

Here's one of the many videos on installing RAM. It is fairly straight forward. Module is notched in such a way that it will only fit in the slot one way. Depends on how cluttered it is inside the case, you might need to disconnect some cables/wires to do the install. I'd also get a can a compressed air and blow out the dust if it's dusty inside.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-memory.187578/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello

I have a question regarding the speed of an HDD. How fast would an HDD need to be to match the write speed of a 520mb/s SSD?

Is there anyway for me to look this up somewhere with a converter or something?

Thanks

A:SSD compared to an HDD in terms of speed

Not sure I understand the question. The mechanical drive would have to be just as fast 520mb/sec. Unless you mean spin speed, and thats somewhat unrelated.

What you might be questioning is megabits vs megabytes. Megabit should be written as Mb, and Megabyte is MB. But in reality there is a ton of misuse of the correct capitalization and ways to write it. I'm sure I've screwed it up a few times on these boards myself. So in a bit to byte conversion, just divide the bit number by 8.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-compared-to-an-hdd-in-terms-of-speed.186705/
Relevancy 27.09%

This is probably a dumb question, but is there any way to add a port (there are currently 4) to my ATT gateway? I just got a verizon network extender and it, too, needs a place to be plugged in and I am out of ports. Do I need a new gateway?

Thank you ,

jim

A:Adding a port to 3801HGV Gateway?

Do I need a new gatewayClick to expand...

NO.
you can use a HUB or a SWITCH - - the latter is a better choice. neither use an IP address.
wiring is like

Code:
(uplink.wan.port)existing.router(one.lan.port)----(any.port)new.switch(3 more ports)
If you need to add WiFi, then use the same wiring as show, but get a WiFi router. Come back here and
we will help you config that choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-port-to-3801hgv-gateway.186085/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey all im finally running out of room on my 256gb Crucial M4 SSD, and it is time to add a second one. I plan on going with the same ssd for my second storage device and I was seeing if anyone could give me like a step by step guide on how to setup a second hard drive seeing I have never done it before. thanks!

A:Help on adding second SSD

What type of computer? desktop/laptop
What is the make/model/serial??
PC or Mac?
Is there room in this computer for an additional drive?
Is there open SATA ports in the system for an additional drive?

These are MUST answer questions for someone to be able to give you steps in installing an additional SSD. Especially the type & make/model/serial.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-adding-second-ssd.185297/
Relevancy 23.65%

My core speed or the multiplier don't drop in idle
bios setup everything is automatic
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5272.301415.589480272&type=1&relevant_count=1
core i7 980x
x58-ud7

I also when I get into bios same thing no drop
latest bios and default setup

A:Core speed or multiplier don't drop in idle

Hmm; I'm sure these are the FIXED ratings of the chip, not the ACTIVE usage.
The Win/7 Task Manager->Performance->Resource Monitor clearly shows active usage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-speed-or-multiplier-dont-drop-in-idle.185031/
Relevancy 35.69%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello.
I have this new PC:
CPU: I-5 2500 (without the 'k') @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: ASUS GTX 580 direct cu II overclocked to 878 Mhz
Motherboard: Intel DH67CL
RAM: APACER 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz

I was trying to play Rome: Total War (a game made way back in 2004) at max settings and at 1600x900 resolution (which is the max resolution of my monitor) and I get an average framerate of 20 fps, often even lower. So I checked GPU usage during the game, turns out it never reached 20%. But when I lowered the graphics settings, the fps immediately jumped to 60. As far as I can tell from task manager, there seems to be high CPU usage during gaming, but it doesn't tell how much exactly. So does this mean higher graphics settings require faster CPU clocks and not just a faster GPU? Or does it just mean there's a stability problem with my PC that's affecting its performance?

A:Do you need higher CPU speed to play at higher graphics settings in games?

What power supply do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-you-need-higher-cpu-speed-to-play-at-higher-graphics-settings-in-games.183570/
Relevancy 31.39%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey everyone I Adding an with SSD PC an HDD to a know this is probably a common question but I am adding an SSD to my PC which already has an HDD Yesterday I plugged it in to the motherboard and power supply and now I m wondering how can I access it to start managing it I looked for it under quot Computer quot but only my HDD and Drom are showing up If it should be showing up what are some reasons it might not be I looked for some answers online and learned I may need to update my Motherboard s bios but when I went to Adding an SSD to a PC with an HDD go find when the most recent update had come out I found it was before I bought the motherboard so I must have the Adding an SSD to a PC with an HDD most recent bios My motherboard ASRock Z Extreme Gen LGA My SSD Samsung Series gb I m thinking I ll try disconnecting and reconnecting the SSD to my motherboard and power supply just to make sure the physical connection is legit but does anyone have any tips or advice for how I can get my SSD up and running Much appreciated nbsp

A:Adding an SSD to a PC with an HDD

Check in your bios if you're set to ahci or ide mode. It should be under hardware. I can't remember which one it needs to be on, all my ssd's are on a raid card now, except my boot drive which I haven't had to mess with in a long time, but I'm certain this is your issue.

Just rebooted my system to check, my boot drive is in ahci mode. My ssd is much older than yours but I do also know that ide mode doesn't support trim in windows 7. Check it out and post back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-an-ssd-to-a-pc-with-an-hdd.184416/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi

I have been playing some online games but not sure my PC or internet connection is really up to it

I am in the process of getting a better internet connection, but is there anything I can change on my PC to make it faster?

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz 2.93GHz
Ram 2.0 GB
Windows 7 64 bit professional ervice pack 1
NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT

thanks

A:I want to improve my PC for gaming

Jools I'm no guru but I doubt your cpu or ram need upgrading. That card is pretty dated (Feb 2008) but is newer than mine. From what I've researched I could play some online games "ok" but probably nothing like serious gamers. Sorry, can't compare any titles as I only collect older games (mostly learn software, etc.). If you haven't already, a site like speedtest.net will tell you if your internet is up to snuff.
I'd lean towards replacing your video card. Don't have to spend much to get significant improvement. Others might know more what your mobo can handle vs. what you'll be happy using in newer online games. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-improve-my-pc-for-gaming.183768/
Relevancy 24.08%

I dont get the internet speed that my isp offers me.
like when I surf pages and load videos it is very slow, but on the other hand my isp offers me 1mbps.
when I login to safe mode I feel that the internet there is very fast but in normal mode it is slow.
some times I get speed of 1.5mb/s from the isp and normally I get 70 kb/ps which is really slow and nothing compared to what I should be getting.
can u please fix this issue as well.

A:Slow Internet speed

I don't know that I can't fix your issue, but I can help you check for what might contribute to the slowdown:

What type of connection do you have: Dial-up, cable or DSL?
Click on Start> Settings> Control Panel> System:
[o]What is the operating system?
[o]How much Ram is installed?
Click on Start< Run> type in msconfig> Enter> Choose Startup tab
[o]How many boxes are checked?
Right click on the Taskbar> Task Manager>(in Normal Mode)
[o]Processes tab> Look at the bottom and tell me how many processes are running
[o]Performance tab> Look on the bottom for the Physical Memory
[o]How much Total Memory?
[o]How much Available Memory?
[o]How much is in the System Cache?
================================
When I have the information from the 4 questions above, I may be able to help you.

Logging on to Safe Mode will prevent some drivers and Services from running, so the system will move faster, but you will be able to do less than in Normal Mode.

In Normal Mode, everything you have checked on the Startup Menu to start on boot has to load. Most of those processes will run in the background. This can slow you down.
-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-speed.183528/
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok I'm new here so sorry if I'm writing in the wrong place!
To the question at hand.
I own a PC with a AsRock 4Core1333-eSATA2 motherboard, and a power supply of 450 W.
So my question is would it be abble to run the Gigabyte ATI HD 6570 OC 1GB video card.
I'm looking to upgrade my pc with out spending too much money. And I'm thinking of adding 2 plates Kingston DIMM DDR2 1 GB 800 MHz to the 2 that I already have.
I don't really have an idea of what I'm doing so I need some help.

Thank you!

A:Choosing a video card and adding RAM

I believe the 6500 series cards require at least a 500 Watt power supply so you will most likely require a power supply upgrade as well if you choose that card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-a-video-card-and-adding-ram.183536/
Relevancy 23.22%

Ok so I have a Cisco Linksys E Wireless router Over the past month I have been experiencing severe internet speed loss due to troubles with the router and the temporary fix for it untill now was rebooting it I have recently found out that the problem causing this was heat Yes HEAT The router kept getting too hot So what I did for now is I made a prop decreased wireless Internet for routers for fixing Suggestion speed for it to raise it up off of the table a little bit then took a little space heater set to Cool and stuck it in front of it Now I believe I have fixed the problem because I have not experienced any more bitrate loss Suggestion for fixing decreased Internet speed for wireless routers yet I am planning on rigging a computer fan to it because this small space-fan is proving to be too powerful to be an efficient fix it s blowing cold air rather than warmer air like you see with computers and consoles The only problem is it s my parents router and I will have to figure something out that won t modify it at all Hope this helps anyone having the same problem nbsp

A:Suggestion for fixing decreased Internet speed for wireless routers

I have the same router Linksys E2000 Wireless router. It never gets very hot. Where do you have yours sitting. If it getting that hot you need to put a fan on it. It very well may be going bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestion-for-fixing-decreased-internet-speed-for-wireless-routers.183213/
Relevancy 37.41%

1. I'm not a gaming junkie by any means. I play a lot of old stuff. But I also occasionally play World of Warcraft type games and I usually have to lower the resolution for it to run smoothly and it looks awful.

2. I don't want to have to spend more than a 100 dollars

3. I'm not seeing the power supply on my hp touchsmart. The most info I could find on the web for my comp is that its 200w (100v-240v)

4. - motherboard - Manufacturer - PENTAGON CORPORATION
- Model - JESSE
-Graphic Interface - ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphcs
- Code Name RS780M
- Technology 55nm
- Memory size 256 mbytes Memory bus width 32 bits
- Memory type DDR3
- size 4096 mbytes
-CPU AMD Athlon II X2 235
-CPU SPEED 798 MHz

5. Im from The U.S.
Thanks in advance for the help

A:Improve gaming performance for $100 or less

First off I am not sure what your question is. Perhaps you accidentally left it out. If you are looking to upgrade your computer to play games at a higher resolution or higher frame rate then I see a problem. I believe the Touchpad is built pretty muck like a laptop, meaning most parts are *not* swappable and if they are the cost and trouble would be more than what it would be worth. Generally the two most easily replaceable parts on a laptop would be the RAM or harddrive and neither one of those is really going to give any performance gain.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/improve-gaming-performance-for-100-or-less.182881/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with the internet speed on my desktop computer that runs Windows is going much slower (as measured by FTP downloads) than my Mac laptop.

Both are wireless. When I download a large file, the mac computer will routinely go significantly faster (4-5x) what the Windows computer will do. The Windows computer seems to have a cap at about 200-250kbytes/sec.

Now, I just reinstalled my O/S and so I'm on a clean reinstall of Windows, and it's *still* happening, and I'm puzzled.

A few things I think it might be:

- My Macbook wireless is integrated, whereas the Windows wireless is through a Belkin F5D9050 USB connector ("Wireless G Plus MIMO")
- Perhaps there's a limiting issue on the Windows motherboard?
- Maybe something limiting within the Windows firewall or registry settings.

Any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks!

Jack

A:Internet speed throttle problem

I don't know, so take my comments with a grain of salt until someone else replies..

Try switching the wireless channel on the router.. For an N router (perhaps others) there are typically 11 channels. Try 1 or 11, something on the ends.

Does your windows machine have a better transfer if you bring it really close to the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed-throttle-problem.182639/
Relevancy 24.08%

About 5 months ago I could download a game at speeds around .8 or .9 megabyts p/second. Now, for whatever reason, my computer is never jumping above .38 m/p/s...
Also, for whatever reason, I see that some of my processors out of four will jump up and down in usage for no reason. I would have my 2nd and 3rd proc's just jump up and down to 80 percent workload and then drop for two seconds, just to repeat the cycle perfectly.. Im not sure if that has something to do with it, but it's certainly an issue id like help on. I really do appreciate and knowledge on this problem that you would be able to share with me.
Also the speed of my download will drop to about .013 m/p/s for maybe a minute, the go back to the classic .39 :/

A:Processor and speed issues

I would suggest starting here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/t...lware-preliminary-removal-instructions.58138/

Sounds like malware or something to me.

Ensure your antivirus, firewall and windows are up to date and run a full scan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-and-speed-issues.181503/
Relevancy 27.52%

I currently have a gtx 560 ti and I'm acquiring a gtx 670. So, in the end, both cards will be under the hood.The 670 will go into the currently 560 ti slot and the 560 ti will go into the currently empty slot. Both use the same driver, do I have to reinstall it, or just stick the new gpu to the mobo and be happy ever after?

A:Do I have to reinstall the drivers when adding a new GPU?

Generally, I say you should always re-install graphics drivers when adding a new card.

What is the reason for running both cards at the same time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-have-to-reinstall-the-drivers-when-adding-a-new-gpu.181526/
Relevancy 24.08%

About 5 months ago I could download a game at speeds around .8 or .9 megabyts p/second. Now, for whatever reason, my computer is never jumping above .38 m/p/s...
Also, for whatever reason, I see that some of my processors out of four will jump up and down in usage for no reason. I would have my 2nd and 3rd proc's just jump up and down to 80 percent workload and then drop for two seconds, just to repeat the cycle perfectly.. Im not sure if that has something to do with it, but it's certainly an issue id like help on. I really do appreciate and knowledge on this problem that you would be able to share with me.
Also the download speed of the game can drop to about .013 mb/p/s for maybe a minute, then jump up to the classic .39 :/

A:Recent Internet speed issues

Well anything less than 1Mb/s is pretty slow in this day & age, I hope you are not paying out the wazoo for this connection. Processors spikes are normal, programs & services running in the backgroud of a system can cause them pretty consistently. Now that being said, sometimes it can be something bad like a malware/spyware program running in the background chewing up CPU cycles. Either way, here's what I want you to try...

1st: Boot your system into safe mode w/ networking. (F8 at boot & choose accordingly)
2nd: Now that you are in safe mode, do an internet speed test & see what the speeds are. good sites to test speed are: http://speedtest.net/ and http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ take a screenshot & post speeds from safe mode, then again from normal mode.
3rd: watch your CPU graph, see if it spikes as consistently as it does in normal mode.
4th: reboot into normal mode & run speedtests again, compare the two. if it's much better in safe mode then there maybe something running in the background chewing up CPU cycles or killing your bandwidth.
5th: download speccy http://www.filehippo.com/download_speccy and post back the results as a text file. speccy shows what your computer has in it & it shows processes running, etc.
6th: post back here on the forum with your results
*Note: if it's something running in the background or a potential virus/malware/spyware issue, this question may be better answered in that area of this forum. unfortunately, we are not all knowledgeable in all areas of the computer world. the folks over in that area of the forum are much better at troubleshooting issues with bogus stuff on a computer than me.

Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recent-internet-speed-issues.181502/
Relevancy 27.95%

I currently have an Intel X25 80gb.Is there any compatability issues I should be concerned about? I am looking to add an Intel 120gb or 160 gb.There is a great variety such as 320s 520 s and the like.Looks like the X25s don't come in 120 or 160! Any suggestions?
My 80gb is almost full with Win7 and 2 games.This rig is only for games--I don't do any media stuff onit!!

A:Adding a second SSD

I seriously doubt if you have compatibility issues if you are going from a current SSD to a larger one. Only thing I can forsee is if you have a system that has only supports SATAII & you get a SSD that is SATAIII - you will be losing performance, but it should work. Post your system specs, that will help immensely in answering your compatibility questions. try speccy: http://www.piriform.com/speccy to grab all your system specs & post them back. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-second-ssd.181312/
Relevancy 34.4%

Does anyone know what the 775 limitations are on this board? I can't access the CPU support and Im not sure of the 45/65nm support? I want to upgrade just the cpu on an old workstation to give 64bit support for more RAM (which I already have). I'd like to put the E5700 Wolfdale in but again, not sure. If anyone can recommend the top 3-4 processors that I can use it would be mucho appreciated.
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=91

A:CPU upgrade for workstation

It's not capable of utilizing more than 2GB of RAM, so not sure how you'd potentially need 64-bit to address what it can handle now.

I'd look at upgrading personally, compared with today's technology that motherboard is woefully inadequate and by the looks of things only supports very early LGA 775 processors anyway. You essentially be throwing money at obsolete technology.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-upgrade-for-workstation.180338/
Relevancy 27.95%

Currently have Intel 80 gb SS hardrive----with win7 and 2 games installed--74gb used!
I would like to add an Intel 120 gb SSD ! And now the question
what do you have to do after the physical Install-- will at automatically take in any additional data?

A:Adding a second SSD

It will automatically 'work', but it won't automatically take data. By that I mean, when you install stuff, it will still default to your C drive. You will need to change this during software installs (they almost always ask). Its not terribly difficult, just switch the C to D or whatever your new drive is lettered.

Over time though, you will still accumulate data on your C, which I'm assuming has little free space left. So I think you should switch your personal folders over to the new drive too. If you go to properties (right clicking and selecting) for stuff like Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music you can change their directory location. Switch those over from C to D. That will free up some space on your main drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-a-second-ssd.180035/
Relevancy 38.27%

can't upload links or images for 5 post.

A:How to improve FPS to 60~80 from 40?

What is the make and model number of the computer you are talking about here?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-improve-fps-to-60-80-from-40.179422/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a Toshiba satellite a d-s The specs for this can be found here reviews cnet com laptops toshiba-satellite-a d-s - - html Sorry for no link but I am apparently not allowed to do that yet I bought it new and it came with windows vista A couple (Toshiba speed High host issue Satellite) controller years later I upgraded to windows Upgrading to the new OS was fine but then later I needed to upgrage yet again to bit This unfortunately was not as easy and I need to wipe the drive clean and start fresh Now there are a couple issues with the host controllers the main being that I keep getting warnings saying that the devices I plug in can run faster if I were to use a high speed High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite) port This confuses me because the USB ports are but they are acting like they are I have done everything I can think of to get these to function correctly but nothing I do seems to work The second issue which isn t as annoying is that when I move the screen the sound for High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite) connect disconnect a USB device is played and the little popup for quot new device connected quot is shown I am unsure why the screen is acting like it s a USB device I have disabled the notifications and sounds for all ports now but I would kind of like to know why this is happening Do anyone know how I can solve these problems I have checked multiple forums and have been searching for an answer for about months now with no luck I think I have provided enough information but if anyone needs more just let me know and I will be happy to provide it Thanks nbsp

A:High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite)

Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-speed-host-controller-issue-toshiba-satellite.178296/
Relevancy 27.09%

I brought home a pair of Cisco AG series Access Points from work because the office is getting new ones I wanted to know if I could use one at home with my existing wireless router etc I don t have a lot of knowledge on how to configure these devices and I haven t had too much luck finding the answers I need Anyways I have one of the AP s set upstairs with Ethernet running down to my wireless router downstairs The on help Need access point adding WLAN router is a pretty basic Linksys WRT G that I ve had for awhile and should be compatible with any AP correct My problem other than not fully understanding how the access points work is the unit access point is detected by my wireless devices but they can t connect It appears as quot Need help adding access point on WLAN other network quot in available connections alongside my home network router Are they supposed to be one in the same or different IP addresses I downloaded and installed Cisco IP Setup Utility IPSU to try and configure the device but each time I try to put in the SSID I get an invalid error What exactly is the SSID on the access point supposed to be The same as my home network or router s SSID nbsp

A:Need help adding access point on WLAN

The SSID password is your home network's password.

I have a D-Link access point that I setup differently. It is connected by wire to my PC (through the built-in motheboard LAN port) and wirelessly to my router in another room. I configured the AP via my browser by typing in the AP's IP in the address bar to access the AP's configuration interface. From there I can access the various networks that are present, find mine, type in the password (for my home network). Save the settings and I'm done. You will need to know your device's IP to connect to it. You can probably get it from the manufacturer's website if you can find the manual for it there.

I'm not an expert in these matters and can barely configure my own AP but you can use any PC to configure the AP. Once configured the AP can be plugged into the LAN port of any PC, laptop or game console to access the internet wirelessly from your wireless router without further configuring. I have several PCs but I only use a couple at a time so when it is time to rotate an idle PC into activity all I have to do is to connect the AP to the PC's LAN port along with the power cord, monitor, speakers, mouse, keyboard, etc. and it's done. This way I don't need separate wireless adapters installed in each PC I own.

The way you have yours setup sounds like you are using the AP as a range extender. I don't have experience setting one of those up so I can't specifically help you with that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-adding-access-point-on-wlan.178001/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi All,
I live in a two family house with one Comcast ISP connection (neighbors in basement apt, I live in upper part of the house) and the router is located in the basement. We've been having problems with connectivity and I want to add a second modem to our house so I can connect an old Linksys router I have.

Is this possible? I know the least complicated (but most labor-intensive) way is to run CAT 5 wire from the first router to the second, but I don't want to have to drill holes in the floor of our rental house. Every room in the house has a coax jack and I'd like to connect one of those to a modem and router I have, so we can have a more reliable connection.

Anyone have experience with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-second-modem-to-comcast-isp.177074/
Relevancy 24.51%

I currently have a desktop with a single core AMD Athelon 2.08 GHZ, 1 GB ram running XP. I am planning on using an older laptop in its place. HP NC6400 Intel 1.6GHZ Centrino duo ,3 GB ram running Windows 7. Will I notice a slower performance with the laptop?

A:Processor speed

Judging from PassMark.com benchmark scores.

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ > benchmarks between 400 & 500
Intel Core2 Duo 1.6GHz > benchmarks between 800 & 1100

To answer your question, I don't see any reason why the laptop would be slower. The laptop has two times the CPU performance and three times the memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-speed.176285/
Relevancy 24.51%

Yes i am running an HP Pavilion says hot CPU Speed runs to my fan with everything but hard drive and disk drives and ram stock My speedfan tells me my CPU is running between - c after applying new AS thermal past GB ram Motherboard manufacturer s name ECS RC -M HP Compaq name Asterope -GL E GHz Intel Pentium D PSU-Unknown i have a mm case fan and an mm fan i am using Speed fan says my CPU runs to hot to draw heat out also and i have the heatsink pulling heat away from the cpu What is wrong I am only running a web browser when the temps reach that high i am wondering if my CPU is going out on me or what is wrong i cannot figure it out for the life of me Everything else is running way cool just my CPU is running hot i touch my heatsink also and its cold as the dead so i am wondering if my cpu temp is not lying to me nbsp

A:Speed fan says my CPU runs to hot

Pentium D's run pretty hot anyway. So I don't think 73 is anything to be alarmed about. The only bit that seems a little concerning is that your heatsink feels cool, that is usually an indication you didn't get a good contact with the heatsink and cpu.

I'd say, if you aren't getting much higher than 73 and the system isn't locking up or rebooting then I'd just leave it how it is. That temp isn't going to kill the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-fan-says-my-cpu-runs-to-hot.176191/
Relevancy 27.09%

So I have two 6970s in Crossfire. My main display is a 27" Samsung monitor running in 1920x1080. I recently dug an old monitor out of the closet... A Hannspree 22" which has a max resolution of 1680x1050. I've read elsewhere that this is possible to do... Except, I cant get the second one to detect! I've looked everywhere, and even AMD's website only offers support for 3 or more monitors. What am I doing wrong? I've tried plugging the second monitor's DVI cable into the second DVI port on the primary card, no detection. So then I activated crossfire and plugged it into the first DVI port on the second car. No detection. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

A:AMD 6970 Crossfire... adding a second monitor

Are you sure your second monitor is working? i.e. does it work if you just connect that monitor to your card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-6970-crossfire-adding-a-second-monitor.175739/
Relevancy 24.51%

hi guys iv been trying to figure out why my usb is only running at fullspeed heres what iv done

reinstalled windows 3x
rest bios
up/down graded bios
all setting in bios are set to hi speed

i cant think of anything plz help

A:USB not at Hi Speed only at FullSpeed

How many MB/s are you getting?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-not-at-hi-speed-only-at-fullspeed.175016/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I am just wondering why I get such slow download speeds when my internet is very good. I average around 300kb/sec but it fluctuates so much from under 100kb/sec- over 1mb/sec. Ive only seen it go as high as 1.4mb/sec correct me if im wrong but i do believe i should still get a higher download speed? below is a link to my speedtest .net....... 48mbits /sec download speed, 2.89 up speed, 18 ping

speedtest.net/result/ 1589552537.png

A:My download speed problems

Could be your provider. With whom or what service are you connected?
Also, it could be right there on your system. As you know, the actual usable speed is limited by the slowest component... software, memory, motherboard, etc.
Can you try it at a friend or other known connection that you know to be fast, as a first step?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-download-speed-problems.174881/
Relevancy 26.66%

Got a new computer from TigerDirect.com- an Acer Aspire 5250-BZ853 with 2GB RAM stock.
The website offered to add 4GB of RAM to the laptop for about 50 bucks so we went ahead and did that. However, when I got the laptop, it definitely doesn't run as fast as a laptop with 6GB Ram. I have run multiple tests and have confirmed that the RAM is installed properly, as system scans show that I have 5-6 GB of usable RAM available at any given time.

Running Windows 7 with the following system specs-
AMD Dual Core Processor E-350
AMD Radeon HD 6310 (graphics card?)
2 GB DDR3 Memory
320 GB HDD

Is the problem with the memory? Maybe I installed the wrong type? Not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire 5250 laptop slow after adding 4GB RAM

Windows 7 32 bit, or 64 bit? Does all the memory show up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5250-laptop-slow-after-adding-4gb-ram.174580/
Relevancy 24.51%

I hear about fan rpm.
There are many sizes as far as I know (like 120mm etc)
SO I install a 120MM fan... which is 5.000 rpm let's say.
What is the difference with a 120mm fan of 1.000 rpm?
More means better COOLING -BUT- more SOUND? Which is the "normal" speed of a fan?
thanks

A:What is the normal speed of a fan?

Stock case fans are usually around 1000prm. Anything above 3000rpm would be very loud, search youtube to gauge the noise levels. I don't think they even go up to 5000rpm...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-normal-speed-of-a-fan.174346/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a satellite pro l300 - only 1 usb port is working the others have been physically damaged. I was wondering I could put a card into the express card slot ..I was thinking one of these

http://www.ebuyer.com/138357-startech-2-port-usb2-0-laptop-express-card-ec230usb

but I am confused, with pcima, express slot converters......would the above work ? - laptop is running vista.

A:Adding USB ports to ExpressCard slot on Toshiba Satellite Pro

Yes this adapter should work fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-usb-ports-to-expresscard-slot-on-toshiba-satellite-pro.173167/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello I recently posted on this forum after having issues with my computer not booting Then the PSU literally blew up a day later Old System Specs Q MSI P N Diamond Silverpower sp w has good reviews just not well known Corsair GB HD The issue I had was turn on pc everything lights up but GPU fan spins at full speed as if it was getting no power or connecting to motherboard G-card will not boot at all I did however find a very strange work around To boot the machine I had to remove the pin CPU power on the motherboard Turn the machine on but no boot Turn it off and replace CPU power Turn machine back on and everything works perfectly So It seems that the card can never boot up from cold If I re-started it worked fine I now have a new motherboard cpu RAM and PSU Both motherboards work perfectly with my tester g-card New PC Parts I k Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Corsair TX w V The new one fails to boot at all even with various different power cables removed I cannot RMA card as it is No works fan kinda speed boot, card? mobo faulty on other - - full 5870 second-hand BY using my 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? trick on the old motherboard it works perfectly so the card actually works It s just having big issues accepting power to 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? boot Would flashing the g-card bios help This quote is from an article about flashing the g-card bios It seems to sum up my issue the video BIOS initializes the card As soon as it receives power from the motherboard the BIOS activates the card and identifies itself to the motherboard BIOS In short the video BIOS starts and identifies the card and provides its initial crop of settings However if I can get any advice on other things to try out then I will happily do them The PSU s are not at fault as There is the same issue with a new Antec PSU and my brand new Corsair TC w which is supposed to be one of the dogs bollox of PSU s Thanks in advance for your reply Ivan G-S nbsp

A:5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card?

Welcome to the world of custom building lol, my computer has similar problems that if i have had it turned off for more than 5 minutes it will not boot and keeps bluescreen until i do a clean boot with a power drain, my solution to that is do just set the bios on the MB to use a 1W standby and leave it in sleep mode always (reboot it every so often)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5870-no-boot-fan-full-speed-kinda-works-on-other-mobo-faulty-card.173944/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hmm? I really tempted to buy this 70$ ssd.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic173906.html

nvm that deal is expired

A:Will an SSD improve gaming on a 8ms response time monitor?

As far as I understand it, an SSD will only provide a slight improvement in loading times for games, because of the faster disk access times over traditional mechanical disks coupled with the higher read/write speeds.

The difference is not as pronounced with gaming as it is for the overall improvement it makes to Windows. I do recall seeing comparisons before (probably on here) and the difference in loading of games between levels was around 2-3 seconds in most cases. For Windows in general, it totally transforms the user experience.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-an-ssd-improve-gaming-on-a-8ms-response-time-monitor.173964/
Relevancy 24.08%
Relevancy 26.66%

HI,

I want to upgrade my graphics and I am pretty sure the card I bought is compatible. I get a blank screen when starting with the card in and it plugged into the monitor. I have a drivers disc but can't use it because I can't see anything.

Windows 7 32 Bit OS

Here are the specs

I have Biostar Mobo N68S3+ with an AMD X2 Phenom processor ang 4Gb of RAM
My PSU is 220-240 400W
The card is a Galaxy GT 440 1026mb

I currently use the integrated graphics to connect to the monitor

Do they just not match or am I doing something wrong?

Much appreciated

A:Adding graphics card, blank screen

Have you checked if your inserting the card properly? Can you access BIOS at least? When do you see the white screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-graphics-card-blank-screen.173792/
Relevancy 23.65%

Greets - Tons of reviews out there show strengths and weaknesses of USB 3.0 Flash Drives but they all seem to have awful 4K write speeds, and there is no way to compare 4K write speeds across all flash drives. Anyone out there in forum-land know of a 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (not SSD) which has the comparative best 4K write speeds? THANKS!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-know-of-a-decent-4k-write-speed-on-a-64gb-usb-3-thumb-drive.171120/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello, I currently play a PC game called World of Tanks, aswell as many other little games such as TF2, Minecraft, etc.

I'm not able to run WoT smoothly, and I have most of the graphics settings down. I'd like to play on high-max settings on most games.

Here are my specs: (I don't know much about computers so I'm posting everything)
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Lenovo Ideacentree K330A
- Intel(R) Core(TM) is-2100 CPU @ 3.10 GHz (4 CPU's)
- 8192 MB RAM
- Direct X11
- ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphics card

Which should I upgrade first to get better FPS in games? Thank you, and if you need additional information, please ask.

A:Are my PC specs good for gaming? What to improve?

The CPU and memory are fine. The only thing to upgrade would be your GPU. You might also have to get yourself a decent power supply to be able to run the GPU. What's the power rating of your current PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-pc-specs-good-for-gaming-what-to-improve.170959/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello, I have a multiple user home network that has been experiencing some unusual internet behavior. I scanned both the desktop and laptop with HJT and I was wondering if anyone here could give me a hand sorting it out. Cheers.

A:Internet is disconnecting/intermittent problems with speed

Alright so I feel like a huge **** for not searching the forum first. I realize that HJT is not used to determine network issues so if there are any processes on this list that pop out at you as malicious software please let me know, but I will deal with the connection problems in another way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-is-disconnecting-intermittent-problems-with-speed.170474/
Relevancy 33.11%

SIGGRAPH -the geeks Christmas.
Engadget's short but very sweet video of an HP Z800 workstation equipped with a couple of Fusion-io drives, and an Nvidia QuadroPlex 7000 GPU system.

Four monitors, twelve simultaneous uncompressed 1080p video streams...read 'em and weep Eyefinity and 3D Surround junkies

Engadget article and video >>here<<

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/12-simultaneous-1080p-video-streams-from-one-workstation.169097/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a Dell Optiplex 170l and I want to change out the hard drive to a 500G drive and add 2-1GB memory. Thoughts, I have been given the hard drive and would only have to purchase the memory.

A:Adding hardware

What is your question exactly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-hardware.169020/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am an Animation Graphics Student I am working on my first build Programs I use Maya DS Max Adobe Suite Corel Painter etc I also game a bit and used to play WoW hardcore when I still had a computer I was burglarized So I need build workstation hybrid Gaming/graphics a build that will be awesome for d graphics but won t sacrifice game play I am already over my budget and I need some advice I ve got builds One is a Combo deal and the other I spliced together The motherboard in the combo deal is quite better as far as I can tell I m going to post Build first then Build It won t let me post a link to my build yet unfortunately Newegg com - Computers Computer Parts and Electronics My Wish List Details Build Qty Image Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price GIGABYTE GA-Z A-D H-B LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build A-D H-B Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Model GA-Z A-D H-B Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP -bit Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP -bit - OEM Model GFC- Item N E Return Policy Software Standard Return Policy In Stock Acer G HAbd WideScreen LCD monitor - Retail Acer G HAbd WideScreen LCD monitor Model ET VG HP A Item N E Return Policy Monitor Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant SAMSUNG CD DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH- AB SAMSUNG CD DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH- AB - OEM Model SH- AB Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Antec Lanboy air Blue Black Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case Antec Lanboy air Blue Black Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case Model Lanboy air Blue Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate - - - Instant EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Model -P - -KR Item N E Return Policy VGA Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate Card - - CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V v SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V v SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Model CMPSU- TX Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate Card - - - Instant Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Model BX I K Item N E Return Policy CPU Replacement Only Return Policy In Stock OCZ Agility OCZSSD - AGTE G quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD OCZ Agility OCZSSD - AGTE G quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Model OCZSSD - AGTE G Item N E Return Policy Limited Replacement Only Return Policy In Stock - Instant G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL Model F - CL D- GBRL Item N E Return Policy Memory Standard Return Policy In Stock Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Model WD FAEX Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i amp Intel Core i COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Model RR-B - P-G Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant Subtotal nbsp

A:Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build

Looks OK, but I'd change the case to a Coolermaster HAF912 (if you don't want full tower, or HAF X, or a HAF932, all of which are cheaper than your current Antec LanBoy, so will save money. The HAF912 is only $49.99 after the mail in rebate (or $10 more without) which is frankly a huge saving on that Antec.

I'd also change your hard disk to a 1TB samsung Spinpoint F3, or if purely for storage needs, upgrade to a 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4. You could actually run 2x 1TB Spinpoint F3's (in RAID) for the same money as your single 1.5TB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-graphics-workstation-hybrid-build.168889/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am going into my fourth year of architecture school and I am building a desktop. I plan on using my system for Adobe cs5, CAD, Revit, 3ds max, Maya, Ecotect, Virtual Enviroment, Rhino, and Grasshopper. I am having trouble deciding on a graphics card. Is it necessary to have a workstation graphic card to do 3d modeling with these programs? If so, what type of card would you reccomend, Nvidia or ATI?

List of requirements given by the school:
Intel® Core? i7
12 GB+ Memory
2TB Hard Drive
Dual 20"+ monitors
DVD±RW Drive
Dedicated ATI or nVidia video adapter with at least 1-2GB memory
Wireless Network Adapter
Windows 7 ® Home Premium (64-bit)

A:Workstation graphic cards vs. consumer cards

The last question is the easiest - I would go with nVidia because their CUDA processing engine accelerates many of the applications you use. I know Adobe CS5 and Maya take advantage of it but don't know about the rest of the applications you listed.

Adobe CS5 added acceleration for multiple applications with the Mercury Playback Engine which is designed specifically for more recent nVidia cards with the CUDA feature set.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/adobe-cs5-cuda-64-bit,2770.html

Third party review and recommendations for use with CS5 (the card list starts about half way down the page)

http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5.htm

CUDA (see more info below about CUDA) supported graphics cards (note that the GeForce or mainstream and gamer cards (for desktop and laptop PCs) are listed near the bottom of the page:

http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

nVidia provides information touting how much their cards accelerate Adobe CS5, including general description about CUDA with internal links to more info for advanced users:a

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home_new.html

Here are a couple of reviews on workstation cards you might find informative:

Workstation Shootout: Nvidia Quadro 5000 Vs. ATI FirePro V8800
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/quadro-5000-firepro-v8800-workstation-graphics,2701.html

AMD FirePro V9800 4 GB: Eyefinity Meets Professional Graphics
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firepro-v9800-eyefinity-quadro-5000,2780.html

The choice between workstation vs. gaming cards is a little more difficult. The higher end gaming cards are very similar to the lower end gaming cards, the difference is primarily in the drivers and service. Workstation drivers have been more finely tuned to the kinds of work done in WS applications - but this can have a signficant impact on performance for those applications. Morever, with the higher price you pay buys you better, generlly quicker support for dealing with issues.

I think the choice must depend on how and how much you use the cards. If you use the applications for several hours a day, the higher productivity of the workstation station cards may pay for the higher cost several times over. Otherwise you might do just as well with the gaming cards.

If you decide to go with gaming cards, you might find some helpful information on upgrading video cards at upgradevideocards.com, but they have no information on workstation cards:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/index.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/workstation-graphic-cards-vs-consumer-cards.168100/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've been looking for a new case and want USB 3.0 I've come to the realization it is much cheaper to buy a USB 2.0 case and add a PCI-E adapter to give USB 3 ports. Is there any down side to doing that? For example would the USB 3 ports run slower since there connected through PCI-E?

A:Adding USB 3.0 to a case that doesn't have one

I'm no expert on this, but AFAIK the PCIe interface should be fast enough. If you read about PCIe specifications on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express) the speed is much higher than the 5Gbps USB3 can reach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#USB_3.0).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-usb-3-0-to-a-case-that-doesnt-have-one.167727/
Relevancy 33.97%

I need to build a PC for this upcoming fall semester We have been given guidelines to follow by the school but they are very open-ended and could use some assistance The pc will be running programs such as Rhinoceros Autocad DS Max Adobe CS etc I was hoping to keep the price range of this computer between - Students entering th year Architecture will begin rendering and using other 3D new Building workstation a modeling resource intensive applications The college requires the purchase of a high-end desktop computer Many students choose to have these systems custom built to better fit their needs Example minimum specs for Intel Core i GB Memory TB Hard Drive DVD RW Drive Dedicated ATI or nVidia video adapter with at least - GB memory Wireless Network Adapter Windows Home Premium -bit www kent edu CAED about computing archcomputer cfm Click to expand I need assistance in the bold areas There just seem to be so many things to choose from I don t know where to begin Thank you in advance Hayden nbsp

A:Building a new 3D modeling workstation

haha

check out my post today

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic168043.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-3d-modeling-workstation.168044/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am looking to upgrade/replace 6 older workstation pc's (purchased 11/07) and am looking for advice on new builds.

The workstations are used for our P.O.S. program and accessing online vendors (low graphics requirements).

Emphasis on reliability, low cost.

Willing to reuse old components, especially monitor,keyboard & mouse.

Prefer established online vendors like Newegg.

Is the "budget box" build the best bet?

Current System Specs: Dell OptiPlex 745
HARD DRIVE..., 80G, S2, 7.2K, 3.5, WD-UNIC
Dual In-line Memory Module 512, 667M, 64X64, 8, 240, 1RX8
Processor, 945, 3.4, 2X2MB Pentium D Presler, D0

A:Building new budget workstation pc's, looking for recommendations

Budget? AMD or Intel? Does it matter? What programs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-budget-workstation-pcs-looking-for-recommendations.168051/
Relevancy 24.08%

So this is a good one I have a user that has a mb down mb up connection that they are paying for in their home They are hooked up to a Asus RT-N U router They have a laptop hooked up Odd problem speed Internet by ethernet and when I performed tests on several different speed tests I did not get Odd Internet speed problem past mb down mb up When I checked the users providers speed test Charter Communications the test came back almost perfect matching the speed they are paying for with them So then I went Odd Internet speed problem ahead and bypassed the router and did a direct connection and all of the sites reflected the correct speed I m thinking the router is probably the problem but before I recommend that I can t help but Odd Internet speed problem wonder why the customers ISP shows the speed as right behind the router while the others do not I checked the routers settings and I did not see anything that would bottleneck the speed Any ideas opinions or suggestions nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-internet-speed-problem.167870/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a Compaq Presario SR1960AN which has 1024MB PC2-4200 DDR2 memory.

I purchased another 2 gig of memory and each time I have tried to add it the computer beeps and doesn't seem to load.

I have taken the original memory out and tried the new memory which didnt work either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Adding memory to Compaq Presario

did you check the new memory you purchased with the QVL to make sure it is compatible?
secondly, you didn't happen to buy something called 'high density ram' did you?
many times (and its advisable) that you use identical ram when adding memory, or at least the same brand, type (single sided, dual sided) capacity, timings, voltage, ect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-memory-to-compaq-presario.167507/
Relevancy 34.4%

So I ve always kind of had this issue not something really new However after testing my wife s PC to see if it were a router issue or something I realized I m in a bad spot My speed test had my D L at like Mbps and my U L at like Both spiked during the test around Comparing to my wife s PC when I did the test was Mbps D L and Mbps U L Her PC has the hard line into it while mine is directly connected to the router The provider goes through her PC etc Is there some tests I could do to find out higher than Upload download speed speed... my if it s Upload speed higher than my download speed... My PC My Router or Just some settings Thank you Also I saw someone ask on another one of these issues for the netstat -n so here is mine Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED nbsp

A:Upload speed higher than my download speed...

Interesting thing, I refreshed my net and restarted my PC, and it was peaking at 322.5KBps, but now it's back down to like 10-20KBps (at least when d/l from steam).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upload-speed-higher-than-my-download-speed.167450/