Windows Support Forum

Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

Q: Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10. I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10. I have updated to all the most recent drivers. Very frustrating. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 111.6%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575
Relevancy 81.53%

I have purchased a new Aspire R with acer recommended Active pen for this model Touch pad is flicky and wobbles in its place very nbsp uncomfortable nbsp to use nbsp Acer (R7-371T) Active Pen Aspire problems. R13 The Laptop screen resolution and brightness are great and it is very responsive to finger touch and capacitive Acer Aspire R13 (R7-371T) Active Pen problems. pens However when I use the active pen it works fine for about minutes and then It starts to jump and skips and then the pen stops working nbsp After a restart Pen starts to work Acer Aspire R13 (R7-371T) Active Pen problems. but same thing happens When I hover the pen over the screen it clearly sees it but the movement is not smooth similarly when I am using Acer Aspire R13 (R7-371T) Active Pen problems. the pen to draw it skips and jumps a lot nbsp I have calibrated my screen and still the problem persists nbsp Also ACER claims palm rejection and the palm rejection does NOT work at all nbsp Has anyone had the same problems or does your Active pen work perfectly I cannot determine whether the problem I have is from the Pen or the Screen nbsp Any suggestions or comments Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire R13 (R7-371T) Active Pen problems.

I sent my previous unit back and got a new one from microsoftstore. It seems the problems I had were unit specific. This new one works fine, the touchpad in the last laptop clearly had a physical problem since it wobbled and didn't recognize multi-gesture. I am happy with this one, it has a updated synaptics driver, not the newest one (there is a newer Synaptics driver on Acer website for this laptop which still doesn't install) but it works. Contacted tech support, and asked why the updates don't install it seems this model is still a work in progress. They are updating drivers, power managments software etc. Acer's Active pen works fine in ONENOTE, because the application rejects capacitive touch and only works with digitizer input. but in other apps palm rejection is not working. I'm going to exchange my pen as well and see if the problem is with the pen or not.  

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R13-R7-371T-Active-Pen-problems/td-p/319681/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 81.53%

I have purchased a new Aspire R with acer recommended Active pen for this model Touch pad is flicky and wobbles in its place very nbsp uncomfortable nbsp to use nbsp The Laptop screen resolution and brightness are great and it is very responsive Pen (R7-371T) problems. Aspire R13 Active Acer to finger touch and capacitive pens However when I use the active pen it works fine for about minutes and then It starts to jump and skips and then the pen stops working nbsp After a restart Pen starts to work but same thing happens When I hover the pen over the screen Acer Aspire R13 (R7-371T) Active Pen problems. it clearly sees it but the movement is not smooth similarly when I am using the pen to draw it skips and jumps a lot nbsp I have calibrated my screen and still the problem persists nbsp Also ACER claims palm rejection and the palm rejection does NOT work at all nbsp Has anyone had the same problems or does your Active pen work perfectly I cannot determine whether the problem I have is from the Pen or the Screen nbsp Any suggestions or comments Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire R13 (R7-371T) Active Pen problems.

I sent my previous unit back and got a new one from microsoftstore. It seems the problems I had were unit specific. This new one works fine, the touchpad in the last laptop clearly had a physical problem since it wobbled and didn't recognize multi-gesture. I am happy with this one, it has a updated synaptics driver, not the newest one (there is a newer Synaptics driver on Acer website for this laptop which still doesn't install) but it works. Contacted tech support, and asked why the updates don't install it seems this model is still a work in progress. They are updating drivers, power managments software etc. Acer's Active pen works fine in ONENOTE, because the application rejects capacitive touch and only works with digitizer input. but in other apps palm rejection is not working. I'm going to exchange my pen as well and see if the problem is with the pen or not.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R13-R7-371T-Active-Pen-problems/td-p/319681
Relevancy 101.91%

acer aspire 5738 model no. ms2264what is part no. of the motherboard/.

A:i ave acer aspire 5738 model no. MS2264.plz tell m...

And plz let me know the price of motherboard for this model.....

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/i-ave-acer-aspire-5738-model-no-MS2264-plz-tell-me-motherboard/td-p/454617
Relevancy 101.91%

Guys, I have a problem with my Acer laptop Aspire 1640 and request help. The problem is the m/c hangs when i put on the battery. I cannot boot. It works fine on AC mains with the battery removed ! So I've removed the battery and just work on AC mains supply.

Few weeks ago I had formatted the HDD and lost all original drivers that were preinstalled by the company. However, I now have a CD copy of all the original drivers with me. On AC mains, when I install them, they do but on a reboot they all disappear. The Wireless wont work etc. The display settings go back to default.

What could the problem be and how to solve it? Can anyone help me? My OS is XP.

Appreciate any feedback on the above

gitzhubby ([email protected])

A:Laptop ACER ASPIRE 1640 Model

no one can help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-acer-aspire-1640-model.629260/
Relevancy 101.91%

i believe this laptop does have a disc tray on the side, but dosen't show any way of opening it. Please any help is much appreciated.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/does-the-acer-aspire-V15-touch-model-V3-572P-54CF-have-a-disc/td-p/450760
Relevancy 101.91%

Hi there I would like to know on how to enable my Wake on Lan in my bios settings For my computer I Wake Acer Lan model on my 5733Z for Aspire have an Acer Aspire Z model with Windows Home Premium on it I already know though that I already have Wake on Lan on Wake on Lan for my Acer Aspire 5733Z model my network adapter for my Local Area Network It looks like that I have all the necessary options for my network adapter I have quot Allow This Device Wake on Lan for my Acer Aspire 5733Z model to Wake the Computer and I have other options as well there But when I went into my bios setup I couldn't find the option for my Wake on Lan But it could be there but I have no idea on where to look though And I do not even have a Power Management tab in my bios either My bios setup is very kind of limited to it's settings I also flashed and upgraded my bios to a later date but it didn't help still It looks like that I have the same settings there Or maybe I can update my network Lan drivers as well I will have to see what happens first But I already know that the Aspire Z has Wake on Lan for sure But my computer did not come with a instruction manual either Oh well But there is actually a way to turn on my Wake on Lan I believe I think that there is an option for S PCI device in the bios or something like that So can you help me out here on this Because any kind of help would be greatly appreciated All righty Well anyway so thank you very much And please get back to me as soon as possible on this issue that I am having Because this is important to me So thank you very much

A:Wake on Lan for my Acer Aspire 5733Z model

If there is no setting in the BIOS for power management, then you may not be able to do it.

You can try to see if this will help you at all however.

Windows 7 Issues: Wake-on-Lan (WOL) for Windows 7 Made Easy!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wake-on-lan-for-my-acer-aspire-5733z-model-637962.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Hi there I am just wondering about my notebook laptop which is an Acer Aspire z model And this is a really new model as well that just came out I believe this model more notebook Aspire like know would to 5733z Acer about I my March Now I am just wondering if my notebook as Wake-On-Lan on it Because I cannot I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model seem to find it in my Bios settings And I do not even have a Power Management settings tab in my Bios either So can you please help me out here on this as soon as possible for me Any help would be greatly appreciated That's all I can say And also I am trying to see if there is a bios update I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model available for my Acer Aspire z model I was actually chatting to Acer earlier and they gave me a link to update my Bios But I believe that I upgraded my bios already to the latest version which I believe was version But I still cannot find the Wake-on-Lan option in my bios at all I am in an awful situation right now because I cannot seem to find my Wake on Lan option in my bios settings So any help would be greatly appreciated But I have checked my Ethernet adapter settings and all of the options seem to be there like for example quot Allow This Device to Wake the Computer quot And there were other options here as well My Acer Aspire z model has Broadcom Net Link Ethernet So all I am asking here is please help me out here as soon as possible For my computer I am running Windows Home Premium -bit So there you have it Well anyway so please get back to me as soon as you possibly can on this issue for me Because it is very important and urgent as well So thank you very much

A:I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model

Hello jrdngreenberg3 and welcome to Seven Forums.

According to the Acer download link below, the latest BIOS version for your machine is 1.07. You can double check that by selecting notebook > Aspire > 5733z and then clicking the BIOS tab.

Download

There seems to be quite a few theads on this forum concerning wake-on-lan problems. Perhaps one of those other theads will offer you a solution. Also, have you checked your power plan settings?

Power Plan Settings - Change

Windows Seven Forums - Search for Wake-On-Lan Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223449-i-would-like-know-more-about-my-acer-aspire-notebook-5733z-model.html
Relevancy 101.91%

I am looking to purchase one but I dont know the specs of the drive sot itself. Can anyone help?

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire e15: what model of optical drive will ...

Hello, No problem. Here are the parts you will need:Spoiler (Highlight to read)42.ML9N2.001ODD.BEZEL33.ML9N2.003ODD.BRACKETKO.00807.016DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (PANASONIC)KO.00807.020DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (PANASONIC)KO.0080D.014DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (HLDS)KO.0080D.017DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (HLDS)42.ML9N2.001ODD.BEZEL33.ML9N2.003ODD.BRACKETKO.00807.016DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (PANASONIC)KO.00807.020DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (PANASONIC)KO.0080D.014DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (HLDS)KO.0080D.017DVD/R/RW.SMULTI.9MM.TRAY.8X (HLDS)You could request a quote and place an order from your Acer store by phone or by chat. Remark:HLDS: Hitachi Lg Data Storage

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-e15-what-model-of-optical-drive-will-fit-into-an/td-p/387860
Relevancy 101.91%

Hi there I am just wondering about my notebook laptop which is an Acer Aspire z model And this is a really new model as well that just came out I believe this March Now I am just wondering if my notebook as Wake-On-Lan on it notebook I about 5733z Acer Aspire like my know model would to more Because I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model I cannot seem to find it in my Bios settings And I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model I do not even have a Power Management settings tab in my Bios either So can you please help me out here on this as I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model soon as possible for me Any help would be greatly appreciated That's all I can say And also I am trying to see if there is a bios update available for my Acer Aspire z model I was actually chatting to Acer earlier and they gave me a link to update my Bios But I believe that I upgraded my bios already to the latest version which I believe was version But I still cannot find the Wake-on-Lan option in my bios at all I am in an awful situation right now because I cannot seem to find my Wake on Lan option in my bios settings So any help would be greatly appreciated But I have checked my Ethernet adapter settings and all of the options seem to be there like for example quot Allow This Device to Wake the Computer quot And there were other options here as well My Acer Aspire z model has Broadcom Net Link Ethernet So all I am asking here is please help me out here as soon as possible For my computer I am running Windows Home Premium -bit So there you have it Well anyway so please get back to me as soon as you possibly can on this issue for me Because it is very important and urgent as well So thank you very much

A:I would like to know more about my Acer Aspire notebook 5733z model

Please update your profile - currently it shows you as a Windows XP user but your new laptop has Windows 7.

Wake on LAN is controlled within Windows, not in the BIOS settings. See this:
Power Management for Network Devices in Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-would-like-to-know-more-about-my-acer-aspire-notebook-5733z-model-639553.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Problem # 1 - Whenever I ckick power shutdown the computer did shutdown but immediately the computer re-start by itself. I have to force the shutdown by pressing on the power button at least 2 times before it really shutdown.  Problem # 2 - Whenever I on the power supply to the computer it immeadiately start without I pressing the power button to start. But if using battery only then I need to press the power button before the computer will start Please advise.....Thanks & regards/Peter    

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-2-problem-on-Acer-Aspire-4736G-model-Whenever-I-click/td-p/442632
Relevancy 100.62%

Problem # 1 - Whenever I ckick power shutdown the computer did shutdown but immediately the computer re-start by itself. I have to force the shutdown by pressing on the power button at least 2 times before it really shutdown.  Problem # 2 - Whenever I on the power supply to the computer it immeadiately start without I pressing the power button to start. But if using battery only then I need to press the power button before the computer will start Please advise.....Thanks & regards/Peter    

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-2-problem-on-Acer-Aspire-4736G-model-Whenever-I-click/td-p/442632/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello,,,,
Thanks for your help, time, and advice!!!

Looked all around (acer.com, driver.com, this forum, etc.) and had no luck to find if there is an available BIOS upgrade for the following:

Acer/Aspire (1996) Model 5133SR
BIOS ID : ACR25E00-MOC-960730-R01-B3
BIOS Version 2.1

So far the BIOS ID seems to indicate this is a V55LA-1 ACER Motherboard. Motherboard documents with specs., jumper settings, and Layout diagram have been found.

Does anyone have any idea if there is an avialable BIOS Upgrade and where to get it, plus the available flasher.exe????
THANKS for your advice, help, and time!!!

Jerry

Relevancy 100.62%

I purchased this lap top in November 2015 started to set it up but with Xmas and everything never completed I have since on numerous occasions tried to get back onto but have tried the password that I thought I had set and it will not accept it.  Can I get it back to factory settings and how ??  I sent for a Windows password reset tool on a bootable USB it does the first part no problems but after stage 2 is finished it takes me back to enter password again when apparently it should ask for the memory stick ???   Any ideas anyone  thanks in advance I'm not that technical but can follow instructions and it will just not allow me pass the password function ??? ????

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-R3-Series-model-N15W5-forgotten-password/td-p/456992
Relevancy 100.62%

My Acer Aspire 3610, microphone not working at all. I don't know much about computers. So any detailed help will solve my problem. Thanks. Salim6473083862.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-model-3610-microphone-not-working-please-help.1070301/
Relevancy 100.62%

I purchased this lap top in November 2015 started to set it up but with Xmas and everything never completed I have since on numerous occasions tried to get back onto but have tried the password that I thought I had set and it will not accept it.  Can I get it back to factory settings and how ??  I sent for a Windows password reset tool on a bootable USB it does the first part no problems but after stage 2 is finished it takes me back to enter password again when apparently it should ask for the memory stick ???   Any ideas anyone  thanks in advance I'm not that technical but can follow instructions and it will just not allow me pass the password function ??? ????

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-R3-Series-model-N15W5-forgotten-password/td-p/456992
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi all got the above named computer netbook little thing . and when I boot it says a disk error occured . press ctrl alt delete to restart but when I do this it goes straight back to the same screen .. is there away to fix this with out reformatt. thanks in advance / ps is there a way to save data on it if I do need to reformat

UPDATE- hi I have tried all f1 f3 f4 etc keys and cant get safe mode or anything up when I press f5 I got screen windows 7 or windows diagnostics or f8 I think but when I click any eventually it just goes back to press ctrl ald delete screen / I did get another error code come up when I got into that screen saying . 0xc000000f

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-model-no-pav70-boot-problem.182978/
Relevancy 98.47%

Acer Aspire Model ZD1 :5920-0914 has bad keyboard problem. The only way to use is to type onto copy, & paste where you normally would be typing. It actually
 came back from getting fixed, before that it didn't have a keyboard problem & wondered if one of these buttons on it got pressed to cause this. Hope to get help.
But i think it's got malware or infection also, so which forum would be best? Please Help. 
Thanks,
CandyGirl1959    

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628389/acer-aspire-model-zd1-5920-0914-bad-keyboard-malware-or-infection/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello my new Acer Aspire Notebook has my IE homepage stuck to global acer com and I can t change it through any of the IE options Use Blank Use Current or typing it in manually - I m trying to set it to Google I went to this page to solve the problem http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US q Home page setting changes unexpectedly or you cannot change your home page setting As per Microsoft s instructions I tried changing the quot Start Page quot value in quot HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot but I got the following error quot Cannot edit Start Page Homepage Explorer Can't Acer on Aspire (global.acer.com) Change Internet Notebook Error writing the value s new contents quot There was no quot Default Page URL quot entry in there I was able to change the quot Default Page URL quot value to quot Google com quot under quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot and the quot Start Page quot value in there was already set to quot http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home quot The quot Default Page URL quot and quot Start Page quot entries don t exist in the quot HKEY USERS Default Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot key Lastly the quot HKEY CURRENT USER Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook quot subkey doesn t exist either I would Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook appreciate any help you could give me thanks nbsp

A:Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-internet-explorer-homepage-global-acer-com-on-acer-aspire-notebook.493639/
Relevancy 91.59%

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M
I am attaching a few pictures of what comes on the screen when I turn it on.
Even in safe mode it does not let me log in, it attempts repairs, it fails and then goes to the black screen with the white cursor.
If I try to start windows normally it loads the logo and then goes to the black screen.
Yesterday, in an attempt to do repairs it was replacing invalid security drivers or something like that and it was taking ages so I had to turn it off.
For the last week it took very long to start up, failing to configure windows but it would eventually let me log in.
Since yesterday I am only getting the black screen. it is windows 7 by the way.

i need a very quick reply please

A:Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

Quick reply!!! Save your data and restore back to factory. Always have a back up image of your OS on a external drive for next time you have this problem!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5742-intelcore-i3-380m-goes-black-after-acer-logo-loads-984193.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 91.16%

Previously, this button would open Windows Media Center when pressed. Though it has stopped doing that and don't know why. How can I fix this?
All the other Mediatouch keys are working fine.
http://dalscan.samsalisbury.net/results.php?id=7c3d6622ef53857e3cfe4471330d88c0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5920g-acer-arcade-button.804166/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi everyone I'm at my wits end! I cannot get my webcam to work. I have tried numerous options posted in different forums and on websites but nothing seems to work. Even when I went to the Acer update driver search site. When I added my model number I got about a dozen driver options but as soon as I put in my OS Windows 7 (64 Bit) it came back with no drivers. I've noticed in a number of forums that peoples webcams where working fine in Windows XP but when they updated to Windows 7 they lose the ability for their computers to find their webcams. Is this an inherent problem with Windows 7 and is there anyway to fix it short of buying an external webcam. Surly there must be a way to get it to work !!!
Regards Brett.

A:Acer Crystal Eye Webcam will not work on Acer Aspire 5560

Hi Brett ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Webcam show in the Device Manager ? ...

Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ...?
Have you tried the Cyberlink WebCam Application 1.0.1523 23.6 MB ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351235-acer-crystal-eye-webcam-will-not-work-acer-aspire-5560-a.html
Relevancy 91.16%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Is this normal for a 6 month old machine..? I can't update windows 10. The message says that there's not enough room to update windows 10, so I buy a 32 gig card....still it says theres not enough space,,,so I try a 32gig usb stick....still no joy.....So I take it back to PC World where I'm treated like a child and told that they won't take it back...they'll just send it back to Acer to have windows 8 put on ...??!  and did I realise it was a cloudbook and NOT a laptop...!! Left the shop with steam coming out of my ears...so, my question is this....Has anyone out there succeeded in updating their windows 10 cloudbook Because that despite having owned and worked with computers for over 30 years I cannot solve this problem....(Nor have I experienced such poor ill informed salespeople as I have in PC World....but that's another story...

A:^ month old acer ao1 431 C2Q8 ACER ASPIRE ONE CLOU...

you need an USB flash drive or external HDD with at least 16Gb and it must be NTFS formatted.http://www.thewindowsclub.com/upgrade-devices-less-free-space-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/month-old-acer-ao1-431-C2Q8-ACER-ASPIRE-ONE-CLOUDBOOK-14-can-t/td-p/460976
Relevancy 90.3%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and Case Aspire (included with Keyboard Acer Acer ... P3) then the device Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i seem to be the only one with this issue so far Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... possibly due to the newness of nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello im user of Acer Aspire ES - I have been using it Bluelight Acer Aspire ES1-331 Acer - Shield doesnt... from February with Windows For a long time Acer Quick Access and Acer Bluelight Shield were working properly but some days ago something happened and option of sharing WiFi disappeared it was under Rozruch do pulpitu from AQA and it became impossible to turn Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... on ABS Earlier when i turned it on or off it happened immediately Now some dots are going around for a few seconds and i get that nbsp http imgur com a EpfjtIt means You cant control that device the same happens when i change intensity of ABS - nothing changes however it can write that it changed On the screen high level is turned on but Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... you see that it is a lie I am using it on Admin accoutn of course I reinstalled Acer Quick Access but nothing changed and i cant use Acer Bluelight Shield nbsp Rest of options of Acer Quick Acces works Wifi and Bluetooth Thanks for reading

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES1-331-Acer-Bluelight-Shield-doesnt-work/td-p/446697
Relevancy 90.3%

I have tried everything I can think of I have already read through a few other threads with the same issue but none of the fixes work for me It gets to the acer screen logo not boot Acer will Acer Aspire E15 past loads that little loading circle then it just goes black I have tried pushing Alt F and it got to the acer screen and said please wait then the screen went black again I have installed Windows on a USB drive and have went into the bios and enabled the boot menu as well as change the order Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo of the boot to the USB This got me a bit closer but still stuck After about minutes it finally went to a purple screen and a window popped up asking to install I selected my language and clicked install it went to another screen that says setup is starting and it's been sitting this way for about minutes now I'm out of ideas Don't have a clue why this is going on This is a friend of mines computer he said he was in the middle of playing a game and the laptop froze then something came up and then it shut off When it booted up it wouldn't load past the acer screen

A:Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo

Try booting to Memtest86 you can burn a CD and I think it can also be run from a USB bootable flash drive. This will test your memory for problems and also let you know that the hardware in general will run (except the hard drive which is ignored at this stage.If the memory is good, then boot to your hard drive mfg's utility or Seatools from Seagate (DOS version) the same as Memtest but it tests your hard drive to see if it is just the drive that you cannot install on.If the memory and hard drive tests OK then you may just need to delete all current partitions on the hard drive before trying to install.If the memory does not test good, try cleaning the contacts on the memory with a soft pencil eraser and snapping them in and out 5 or 6 times to also burnish the slot's contacts. Then try memtest again on one stick at a time in case one stick is bad, swap and try again.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e15-will-not-boot-past-acer-logo/1671.html
Relevancy 90.3%

To start off, this laptop has been horrible since the day I got it. I can't even believe how slow it is; it lags doing even the simplest tasks.That aside; I was prompted to update an AMD Catalyst Radeon (something like that) software, so I did. The screen went black and nothing happened for almost 10 hours.I eventually decided to turn off the power. Now that I turn it back on it's just stuck on "Acer explore beyond limits" screen.It has been like this for days now. I've tried turning it on and off again several times. It's just stuck at that screen.What do I do? How do I fix this? I need this computer for school.

A:Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-520-3441 stuck at "Acer expl...

Boot pressing F2 to enter BIOS, check if your HDD/SSD is listed on BIOS informations page. if you press Alt+F10 are you able to enter recovery? Which windows OS version is installed?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES-15-ES1-520-3441-stuck-at-quot-Acer-explore-beyond/td-p/428427/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 90.3%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button P3) (included ... Acer Aspire Acer Keyboard Case with an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and then the device no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... seem to be the only one with this issue so far possibly due to the newness of Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663
Relevancy 89.87%

What is the difference between these 2 Notebooks??? Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HAhttp://www.amazon.com/Acer-R3-131T-P7HA-Signature-Edition-Windows/dp/B014LGK1P2 Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOCR0 The specs seem the same. Only difference I can tell is about $50 on amazon. Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA vs. Acer Aspire R 11...

Well the P344 is blue. I have one that is hotrodded a bit (8GB, Samsung EVO SSD) - original 500GB is now in a USB 3.0 external - and I consider it the best of all my portable devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P7HA-vs-Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P344/td-p/417230/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.87%

hi all I have 2 acre aspire laptops one is a acer aspire 5552 and the second one is 5551-a both of them has the black screen of death I have tried a external monitor tried new ram striped Botham down and reconnected everything back to the boards also have removed the battery and held the power button for 1 min + reconnected the battery and power cable with no success any help would be great .
many thanks
Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-and-acer-aspire-5551-a.1165973/
Relevancy 89.87%

It has worked since I bought it around 6 weeks ago but for the last week or so the connection has failed randomly. Yesterday it stopped working totally. The windows diagnostic report says that Windows could not detect a properly installed network adaptor- and to re-install the driver.How do I do this?Thanks

A:Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Switch 10 will not connec...

Hi Mills,1. Get to Device Manager(Hold Windows Key & then tap letter "X")2. Under device manager check if you find any other Devices or unknown devices,. if yes you may need another computer to download the files from acersupport.com3. If Not expand network adapters, check if you see the Wireless adapter, Right click uninstall & restart the unit.4. If the Device is not detected underOthers / Unknown devices / network adapter, please contact Acer as it is a suspected Hardware Failure.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-Acer-Aspire-Switch-10-will-not-connect-to-wireless/td-p/344379/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.87%

hi there everyone,
can anyone help,
Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180
i have these two computers and would like to know witch one i should upgrade,
wich one is the better computer- (
and when decided
what should i upgrade
and what are the best parts to use,
or the best way to do it,
and how do i know what parts are compatible
im not looking to spend a fortune,
but i dont mind spending a bit, as long as its worth it,
kind regards
edward

A:can anyone help, Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180

First, each model has multiple hardware specifications. So I have no way of knowing the hardware configurations of either unit that you have.

Second, upgrades are limited on OEM PC's. Your only options will be RAM and the video card. And in the case of the video card, the power supply may not be able to handle a decent card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-help-acer-aspire-m1610-or-acer-aspire-t180.1021214/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I cannot download Acer Care Center for some reason I have tried via wired Acer Care Aspire Center E5-571 Acer and wireless connectivity with no joy The nbsp AcerCareCenterCheckTool prompts Download failed Please check your network connection and try again I have tried run as admin troubleshoot nbsp compatibility to which Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center nbsp it fails each time The only Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center thing that does change is when running the program sometimes it prompts Your model is supported Do you want to download Acer Care Center to which I press Yes then downloading dots keep moving until Download failed Please check your network connection and try again appears Is there a direct link to the actual setup file nbsp Also just to note I found W run a lot smoother when I previously installed W carrying over apps etc from nbsp This fresh install if you like upgrade carrying over nothing has killed boot times which were considerably faster previously Have I lost any vital software drivers etc carrying over nothing then manually installing drivers from Acer supports site

A:Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center

Are you trying to download and install Acer Care Center because you lost the recovery partitions?If they are gone, nothing you can download will put them back.You will need to go to the Acer store, click ERECOVERY and purchase restore media. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571-Acer-Care-Center/td-p/397848/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

I wasted a lot of ink on this problem by printing out a lot of information on it But I found out that this is an easy fix So I guess the wasted ink was not wasted after all on one of these printouts was the solution nbsp In the bio settings there is an option to change the default SATA Mode of the Boot Drive The default is AHCI Mode Advanced Host Controller Interface nbsp This needs 5517, to Had I Hi, Acer Replac... Have an Acer Aspire to be set to IDE Mode using F key to change it over As soon as I did this operation it let Windows Install and Format the drive with the correct size of the drive partition After setting the mode do not forget to Save and Exit nbsp I'm going to add this just because ACER was no help on this problem and does not even have the driver's for my Acer Model on there web site NOT GOOD ACER nbsp I hope this helps a lot of people that have had this Hi, I Have an Acer Aspire Acer 5517, Had to Replac... problem nbsp Later Fred

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hi-I-Have-an-Acer-Aspire-Acer-5517-Had-to-Replace-HD-Got-Error/td-p/438360/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

How long does it take for the 'restore operating system and retain user data' generally take?Mines been going for just over three hours now.the restoring system bar is 100%the updating system bar is 99%select restore type has a tick beside itcheck password has a tick beside it (but the font isnt in bold like the others)notice has a tick beside itrestore destination has a tick beside itrestore progress has an arrow pointing at itthe final step is 'finished' and hasnt been marked.ive been having problems (hence the restore) and just want to check that this amount of time its taking is normal and not an indication that its not working i appreciate any advice, but please make it as easily understood as possible lol i dont know a lot about computers.thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-erecovery-management-v7-7-3-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440504/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I cannot download Acer Care Center for some reason I have tried via wired and wireless connectivity with no joy The nbsp AcerCareCenterCheckTool prompts Download failed Please check your network connection and try again I have tried run as admin troubleshoot nbsp compatibility to which nbsp it fails each time The only thing that does change is when running the program sometimes it prompts Your model is supported Do you want to Acer E5-571 Acer Aspire Center Care download Acer Care Center to which I press Yes Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center then downloading dots keep moving until Download failed Please check your network connection and try again appears Is there a direct link to the actual setup file nbsp Also just to note I found W run a lot smoother when I previously installed W carrying over apps etc from nbsp This fresh install if you like upgrade carrying over nothing has killed boot times which were considerably faster previously Have I lost any vital software drivers etc carrying over nothing then manually installing drivers from Acer supports site Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center

I finally found a soluation after months of wondering why this is happening. It's my Virgin Media connection, the modem/router as when I connected to my phones wifi, teethering, Acer Care Center instantly updated so something within Virgin Medias network is blocking connectivity. I did try the Virgin Media's router as cause by diabling firewall etc. but with no joy I gave up but didn't try another connection until just now with tethering where as stated problem is sorted. I will report this to Virgin Media and post back anything relevant to this.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571-Acer-Care-Center/td-p/397848
Relevancy 88.58%

How long does it take for the 'restore operating system and retain user data' generally take?Mines been going for just over three hours now.the restoring system bar is 100%the updating system bar is 99%select restore type has a tick beside itcheck password has a tick beside it (but the font isnt in bold like the others)notice has a tick beside itrestore destination has a tick beside itrestore progress has an arrow pointing at itthe final step is 'finished' and hasnt been marked.ive been having problems (hence the restore) and just want to check that this amount of time its taking is normal and not an indication that its not working i appreciate any advice, but please make it as easily understood as possible lol i dont know a lot about computers.thank you

A:Acer erecovery management (v7.7.3) acer aspire 574...

It's now four and a half hours since i started the restore operating system and retain user data and the screen is exactly the same. is there anyone who can tell me if this is normal? Please?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-erecovery-management-v7-7-3-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440504
Relevancy 88.58%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello I was wondering if somebody could help me with some problems I m having with my Acer Aspire run on Windows So here s the problem about a couple months ago I went to go onto my computer turned it on and I noticed it was acting a bit slow so as I go to click on the internet it freezes up And I wait for it for a good ten minutes to see if it will do anything but no So I was forced to crash it I turn it back on and it does the same thing It was very frustrating So I used quot Safe Mode with Networking quot so I could do all my basic internet stuff But I tried to go back on regular and see if I could create a restore point It restarted and everything fine but only for about ten minutes And I ve tried and tried to do it again and I just can t take it anymore I don t have the money to have anyone fix it I just need some help I with my Problems Acer Aspire don t know what s wrong with it If someone could please tell me if they know how to fix this problem I would GREATLY appreciate it I Problems with my Acer Aspire need it to look for jobs Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 87.29%

So, the first problem was NTDRL, or something like that, but now it just say "Operating Systen not found". I have put an recovery disk in the cd-drive, but it just pulled up the screen that says "Operating System not found" 12 times in a row.

Please help.

A:Acer Aspire Problems

Hi there
You need to tell your computer that you want to boot from a CD. When you first turn on the computer, do you see something along the lines of "Press F2 for setup" or something like that? if you do, go into the setup and change the "Boot Order" so that your CD drive appears higher up in the list. If you cannot figure that out, search for "Boot from CD" in google for tutorials.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-problems.767297/
Relevancy 87.29%

Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496791/windows-wont-load/ - Hamluis.

I have the same problem im using acer aspire 4752zg laptop , windows 7 os, 640gb wd6400bpvt hdd . I tried also the cd rom boot the cd read and load but when it says starting set up. It freezes.
Pls send me an email for solution of this problemMod Edit:  Removed email address, protection from spambots - Hamluis.

A:Acer Aspire Problems

Did you try restoring the system to factory defaults, as suggested in the topic referenced above?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510689/acer-aspire-problems/
Relevancy 87.29%

Yes i have an Acer Aspire One notebook and all of a sudden it will not load up the internet...not my homepage or other websites....zilch....My noteboook says my internet connection is excellent, but will not let me connect...plz someone help me because this is aggravating!!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 87.29%

I have an acer apsire one 8.5. It had windows XP and when it gets to the welcome page - I get the page where I put in my password and then nothing. The next page that appears is a backdrop page. The curser will turn blue then white - thats all. When I boot into safe mode- all I get is a blank page ( black) with safe mode in each corner. Thats all. What can I do? Any suggestions. It will not go to the page with the icons on it and the start button in the lower left corner.

A:acer aspire one problems

Can you boot into Safe Mode? If you can try doing a System Restore.Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore, you may get the message telling you that you will have to restart your computer to start, click ok. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/205779/acer-aspire-one-problems/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi, I have been having some technical difficulty's lately with my Acer ASPIRE's monitor. I will be watching a video, doing work or making one of my games when my monitor will go to black-and-grey lines. So far, the only way to postpone the problem is (Once Problem has occurred) to hit the CTRL-ALT-DEL keys, which will bring to the Windows 7 Options Menu. Then just close that... But it will happen again and the fix is rendered useless I then have to restart my laptop. Any ideas? Please comment! ​

A:Acer Aspire monitor problems

I think this may be a graphics card issue. Please tell me your system specs (CPU, Graphics card, OS - 32 or 64bit).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-monitor-problems.190916/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi,

I have a Acer Aspire, which had a boot issue, so it wasn't able to boot correctly into Windows Vista Home Basic.

I ran the Acer Recovery by pressing F11 at boot time. And it was able to recover and boot into Windows Vista.

However after the automatic Acer Launch Install and a some smaller Windows Updates, the computer have the same boot problem as before.

I have tried to run Windows Vistas Startup recovery thingy, without luck.

Have anyone faced this problem before or know what may be causing it?

A:Acer Aspire boot problems

hi,

the best way for that is to use you vista disk if you have one and re-install windows back on it and see if any thing hanges there if you dont have a windows vista disk message me bk and let me no see what i can do for you.

Thanks,
adam w

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-boot-problems-453363.html
Relevancy 86.43%

hey TSF,

recently i found out a problem with my acer laptop.

1) when i put to sleep mode, and open it next day , it will automatic shut down in the night time

2) sometimes my updates wont update at all when it update finish and shuts down , it will stuck at the shutting down part where is says installing update

3) sometimes it takes 1 hr 45 minutes for my laptop to start up and the faster is about 30 mins to start up

4) sometimes when battery is fully charged, then when i unplugged charger and when it is at 80%, it will automatic shut down

computer specifications
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 4736
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
harddisk: 320GB
graphics card: nvidia geforce G105M

For processor, what does it mean by 2 CPU's ?

any good suggestion ?

many thanks

A:Acer ASPIRE 4736G problems !!!

If this computer came into my shop, i would start by checking a few different things. no particular order, but definately one at a time.

*depending on company policy you may need to run a hardware diagnostic before attempting the following repairs

bios update : make sure you have the latest updates from your manufacture
check power control settings
ensure cooling system (vents,fans,exhaustducts) ect are free of dust
make sure windows it up to date
check startup autorun entries for each user

if the problem still persists after investigating, run a hardware diagnostic.

once you verify the hardware is functioning properly, you can go further if the problem still persists.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-4736g-problems-569596.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi Problems Aspire Acer - XP Windows Pro One I recently installed Windows XP Pro on my sister's Acer Aspire One before I gave it to her for her birthday Now its running terribly slow The processor maxes out when I open the task manager I've never seen a system move so slow I have another Acer Aspire One with XP Home on it too lazy to upgrade with identical specs and its running fine I was watching blu-ray rips off it last night on a quot monitor w Acer Aspire One - Windows XP Pro Problems no problems Is it possible that by installing from USB it has done something differently that could account for it being such a resource hog Or is there some sort of incompatibility that I was not aware of with the Acer Acer Aspire One - Windows XP Pro Problems Aspire Ones and XP pro The system specs are Ghz Intel Atom N GB of DDR - GB HD quot screen Intel GMA chipset Windows XP Acer Aspire One - Windows XP Pro Problems Pro SP - Vanilla my sister hasn't installed anything on it yet Any help would be appreciated -Ragnar

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-one-windows-xp-pro-problems-425538.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi, just recently installed windows 7, love it by the way, but i didnt think about the drivers. Basically i have bio-protections fingerprint software on my computer. However i cannot find the drivers. I have downloaded the software as i have found that however when i go to scan my fingers it cannot find my device...which is next to my keyboard on the laptop itself ^o). Windows 7 found drivers however they didnt work? HELP PLEASE! Thanks in advance.

A:Acer Aspire 6935G Problems

try to install the drivers with vista comp.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/20692-acer-aspire-6935g-problems.html
Relevancy 86.43%

hey TSF,

my acer aspire 4736G recently had some problems.

sometimes i start up my computer, when i click "my computer" or "control panel" it just wont show up. i do not know what is the problem that is causing my computer and control panel not to open even sometimes must restart a few times before it can open but one funny thing is when i try to restart my laptop, my computer and control panel suddenly open and i had to restart the laptop so that it will open.

i do not know what is causing "my computer" and "control panel" stop open when i click is infinite times.

is there any command to just open "my computer" and "control panel" without click from start and just type into CMD.

thanks

A:Acer ASPIRE 4736G problems !!!

Hi riolaw. Open up a command prompt window (START>RUN> type CMD and then type "sfc /scannow" at the prompt. When it's done with the verification, reboot and see if things are back to normal. If not, we'll look into other options.

Good day!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-4736g-problems-571318.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey guys A Acer Aspire 5315 problems friend of mine spilt coffee on her Acer Aspire and it shut down She didnt try it again since as she thought she had ruined it However she gave it to me to look at it and it powered on fine and came to the logon screen I left it for mins to make sure everything was working and the battery went Ever since then it wont turn on I Acer Aspire 5315 problems have used a random charger to charge it and also bought a universal charger The green battery light comes Acer Aspire 5315 problems on when the charger is turned on but it wont switch on If I take out the battery and plug in the charger nothing happens at all With the random charger i wiggled it a bit and the battery light changed from green to orange saying its charging i presume but wouldn't stay on orange The light bulb sign also went orange what is that sign Is it a faulty power jack or something else As i have had it turned on before im dam sure its not the motherboard but how can i test it Many thanks

A:Acer Aspire 5315 problems

Hello TheKillerQueen and welcome to TSF,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but turning on the computer was the wrong thing to do...

Coffee crystallizes when the liquid evaporates leaving behind a conductive residue...

Powering on the computer without a proper tear down and clean likely resulted in short circuits which damaged motherboard components.

If the notebook was operating correctly before the spill, it is unlikely a damaged DC jack will be the culprit.

It is highly probable that the board is now damaged beyond repair.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/acer-aspire-5315-problems-542782.html
Relevancy 86.43%

DA CIRCA UN MESE ALL'AVVIO NON DA SEGNO DI VITA, IN GENERE DOPO SETTE O OTTO MINUTI CHE PROVO CON IL TASTO DELL'ACCENSIONE PARTE E OGNI VOLTA ALL'ACCENSIONE E' SEMPRE LA STESSA STORIA. COSA GLI E' SUCCESSO?

A:Problems with Acer Aspire M7200

I can't make any sense of the English translation of your post (Google Translate). Since the title is English, please also post your problem in English. Thank you.Non riesco a dare un senso alla traduzione in inglese di quanto sopra (Google Translate).Dal momento che il titolo in inglese, si prega di inserire i tuoi problemi in inglese. Graziemessage edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/problems-with-acer-aspire-m7200/13578.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi all.
I have an Acer Aspire E650 desktop of which I just replaced the cpu fan.
Did a factory default reload. How to tell if the cpu is cooked or not?
I keep getting intermitent crashes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-e650-cpu-fan-problems.790339/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello I just bought an Aspire XC-605 with a core i5 4460.It came with some Linux version but I directly installed Windows 7 pro (x64) since I had an unused license.It works very well but I can't use any virtualization. All I get is that VT-X is supported but not turned on?BIOS is updated to P11.B1L, latest version seems to be P21.A4 but it fails to update. Does the L on the end indicate Linux only? Can I force P21.A4 or will the system die if I try? 

A:Virtualization problems on an ACER Aspire XC-605

Hi, Did you ever get an answer on this? It would be useful to know if you got theis workign before I invest in an i5. Can't believe it wouldn't support VT-X.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Virtualization-problems-on-an-ACER-Aspire-XC-605/td-p/333603/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey . I have a Acer Aspire 5739g, it had Windows Vista 32-bit when I bought it , back then I have no problems with my CPU getting warm while playing games.

Then I installed Windows 7 32-bit, and then my CPU start getting really warm when im playing games like : Modern Warfare 2 & Battlefield Bad Company 2.

CPU only gets warm when im playing games and suddenly it just turn off by itself
And then I have to wait till its cold down before I can turn it back on

God Bless You

A:Acer Aspire 5739g CPU problems

Check to make sure that the fan is still working. Can you feel air coming out of the vents?
Blow out the vents with canned air. DON'T use a compressor or a vacuum as this will damage components on the system.
Make sure that you run the computer on a hard surface (like a table top) and not on your lap or on a bed/sofa (or anything else that will block the vents)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5739g-cpu-problems-497581.html
Relevancy 86.43%

ok here it goes i have an multiple help help aspire help acer problems acer aspier with vist and ubuntu duel boot this thing is possesed or something im telling you first the screen cracks and i fix tht without a problem then the cpu fan goes also fix tht no problem then all of a sudden vista decides it dosent want to connect to the internet anymore but it works just fine in ubuntu then the cd drive goes now mind you most of this has happened in the last months wich brings me to my current issue while plugged into the wall the unit lost all power out of nowhere no warnings nothing i tried everything i could think of from taking the battery out to switch wall outlets chargers everything to no acer aspire multiple problems help help help avail so i decided to take the evil thing apart to see if i could see any signs of heat damage or a short found nothing after deciding to put it back together and see what happens i had an issue getting the wireless card cables to sit right so after getting it all put back if not perfectly i put the battery back in plug it in and there it is it turns on fine execpt theres no screen fucntion now i tried to plug a normal monitor into the unit and that did nothing told me to check my connections and that the monitor was working properly help someone please please nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

Hi Can any one help (new to this so pls Help) I have a Acer Aspire 3690 laptop with window Xp. I just the laptop two days ago and was fine I turned it on to day to use and it starts in BIos as if it shut down unexpected it has the count down timer and all the option ie SAFE mode but I have tried all of them and nothing works. When the timer runs out it starts and the resets back into BIos again.PLs PLs Help meEDIT: Merged two threads, same topic ~ Hamluis.

A:Acer Aspire 3690 problems

Hello Sarah. It's the safe start menu that you're seeing, not the BIOS. Since your system is only two days old, I suggest the best thing to try is a restore to factory condition.

Consult the documentation for your laptop, but the key combination to restore factory state is probably Alt + F10. Double-check and make sure the safe start screen does not offer factory restore anywhere on the screen. Alternatively, did you make recovery disks initially whan prompted?

If you restore the system, and you have the same problem again, I'd suspect the hard drive has a fault, and it would be best to return the laptop for warranty attention.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306955/acer-aspire-3690-problems/
Relevancy 86.43%

Well I've got this problem and couldn't find any solution in here that helped me.

I've formatted the C disk where windows 8 was on and then tried to install windows 7 from with a boot USB.
Did didn't work. I've tried literally everything.

1. I've the right boot order.
2. I've turned of secure boot.
3. I've tried it with a DVD.
4. The USB and DVD boot both work on my laptop.

It looks like whatever I do I always get this text in my screen:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected device and press a key"

Has anyone any idea what this can be? It gets really frustrating that this PC is unresponsive to any change and will not boot anything. Much thanks for the help in advance.

A:Acer Aspire XC-603 Boot problems

Work through these steps to Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

It sounds like your boot media is not formatted correctly. If you have UEFI BIOS then flash stick must be formatted using only Option 1 of UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
and must then be booted only as a UEFI device. Delete all partitions to clear formatting and install.

If problems persist report back any BIOS settings related to UEFI, CSM, Legacy BIOS, Secure Boot, and BIOS Boot Priority order. Pictures will help. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/360671-acer-aspire-xc-603-boot-problems.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi all,

Since upgrading to Win8 my USB3 ceases to act as a USB3 port. I can charge things from it but that's about all. The Acer website shows no new driver....Anyone here managed to solve this one. It is frustrating the hell out of me.

Cheers,

Steve

A:Acer Aspire V5-171 USB3 problems

Hi there
Not sure what the problem is --I have the identical laptop - although the rare small screen 11 in version with the i3 rather than I5 processor - probably not on sale any more as it was "Too cheap and too good Value" with that size screen but it's beautifully compact - most convienient portable laptop I've ever owned !! and my USB3 works perfectly -- I didn't install any drivers --just a CLEAN install W8 Enterprise x-64 from TechNet. No trouble whatsoever - and in spite of the I3 processor it's powerful enough for my portable needs and the battery life is great. - Fitted it with an SSD and 8 GB RAM.

(It can drive a large external monitor at full HDMI HD TV @ 1080P out (and higher) and even the native 768 X 1366 isn't too horrible on an 11 in screen anyway).

I'm seeing 50 - 80 Mb/s on external USB 3 drives which is about within the expected range -- slightly slower on the small "Self powered" one's.

I sometimes use a powered USB3 Hub since I only have 1 USB 3 port on the machine -- this doesn't seem to slow the USB3 disks down either even when copying data from ome ext USB3 disk to anopther one.

Windows 8 provides all the drivers necessary for USB3 on this laptop.

Maybe a wipe and a complete clean re-install is your best bet. - Try the FREE evaluation of W8 Enterprise from Ms --just to see if a CLEAN non pre-installed version of W8 works on your machine correctly. -- Back up any important data first before re-installing your OS though.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/14214-acer-aspire-v5-171-usb3-problems.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi, I am trying to boot a Acer Aspire E1-531 Intel B960 2mb L3 cache 2.2 Ghz 6gb DDR3 ram500gb Hdd   for my friend as it had become slower and slower , it had tried to install windowns 10.but this did not work correctlyShe has brought it to me to have a look and all its doing is when you start it , I get scanning and reparing drive C and the windows circle spinning round furthest i have got it to is 45%then i get black screen reboots then shuts downI suspect corrupted OS or errors on discDo these laptops not come with support discs andNo win 8 keyI cant get into the firmware by pressing ESC or any of the F keysAny help please or does it look like I will need to install Win 8 from scratch I have a disc in 32 and 64 bit is this lappy 64 bitthanks

A:problems booting a Acer Aspire E1-531

Support/recovery disks-USB media must be created by user in the first days of use (normally a pop-up/reminder is triggered from system)windows key are embedded on BIOS, so it will automatically read by windows 10 or 8 if version matches (8 home- 10 home; 10 PRO - 8 PRO) Reading your report, it looks more an HDD issue but...can also be an OS issue too, as you mentioned. if you need a windows 8 media to boot and have an HDD/OS check:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/problems-booting-a-Acer-Aspire-E1-531/td-p/420273/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello,
I have just bought a new acer aspire 7520g only had it a few weeks and on two seperate occassions the screen went totaly bizzare all fuzzy and would not shut down. Any ideas do you think I need to take it back? Anybody else had the same problem?
Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-screen-problems.833687/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello I just bought an Aspire XC-605 with a core i5 4460.It came with some Linux version but I directly installed Windows 7 pro (x64) since I had an unused license.It works very well but I can't use any virtualization. All I get is that VT-X is supported but not turned on?BIOS is updated to P11.B1L, latest version seems to be P21.A4 but it fails to update. Does the L on the end indicate Linux only? Can I force P21.A4 or will the system die if I try? 

A:Virtualization problems on an ACER Aspire XC-605

Hi, Did you ever get an answer on this? It would be useful to know if you got theis workign before I invest in an i5. Can't believe it wouldn't support VT-X.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Virtualization-problems-on-an-ACER-Aspire-XC-605/td-p/333603
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I'm having difficulty upgrading to Windows 10. Late 2015 Aspire VN7 591G.My C Drive appears to be be filling up yet I only have Windows 8.1 saved  there. Trying to update to Windows 10 it takes hours (terrible broadband connection) before eventually aborting and message " not enough space on destination drive". I'm totally confused and frustrated- C Drive has only 8.33GB free of 44.7GB. I only have Windows 8.1 installed, I've removed all bloatware and other uneccessary programmes/apps yet it just seems to shrink on a daily basis. I previously had to do a clean install as the C Drive became full.Any solutions in simple  "dummy" terms? Thanks

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Problems with Acer Aspire VN7- 591G. Not enough me...

First of all, remember to create a recovery media, so you can always revert back to stock windows OS installation.http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26286/~/create-a-acer-factory-default-backup-in... Since you have a slow connection, i suggest you to create a bootable media using microsoft download too, so you don't need to download windows 10 upgrade each time. have a read here: http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Windows-10-Installation-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/...a 8GB USB flash drive is needed I suggest you to do a HDD cleanup too, probably you have some spare files of failed windows 10 upgrade:windows logo keytypedisk cleanupclick on disk cleanupclick on Clean up system fileslet it scanthen tick the files you want to delete, it's safe to do itat the end press ok and let it clean the HDD for you after disk cleanup, check if the temporary windows 10 folders are still here:http://www.thewindowsclub.com/delete-windows-bt-ws-folders-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Problems-with-Acer-Aspire-VN7-591G-Not-enough-memory-to-update/td-p/428761/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 85.57%

Greetings So after 15 months of usage, my laptop fan has started to not comply with me anymore and is randomly going up too high speeds and making strained noises. It is the right fan closest to the power chord. My warranty has exceeded and thereby im turning myself to Acer's forums to see if there is someone able to help me with the troubleshooting and hopefully solving my problem. Best wishes-Antsos  

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-Nitro-VN7-791G-Fan-problems/td-p/455649
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello and HELP !!                            Is there anybody with any idea on how to get past the password lock screen on the above computer ? Nothing sinister - just a forgotten password. I bought one for the wife for her birthday but have been unable to show her how to use it because i forgot the password i used on set up.   Hoping for help thanks 

A:ACER ASPIRE SWITCH 10 - Password problems

You have several options... Do you have another user logon on this laptop?  If yes, log on with that user, then create a new account for your wife, and copy over the data from the old user to the new account. If no other user, then either find someone with Microsoft DaRT software which includes an option to reset the password, or you will have to do a complete restore back to manufacturer's defaults.  Think you get to that by holding the <Alt> key then hit <F10> key whilst machine is booting up immediately after switch on. Hope that helps... 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/ACER-ASPIRE-SWITCH-10-Password-problems/td-p/316522
Relevancy 85.57%

I have the Acer Aspire V - G specifically the V - G- model and since I got it the Fan Aspire V3-551G Overheating Problems and Acer laptop has had some overheating issues when I run games or Ubuntu My solution to that was just to stop running games and Ubuntu and besides that it's worked pretty well besides Explorer deciding to crash randomly it doesn't happen too often though nbsp However I've had the laptop for a while now and and not too long ago I noticed the fan would rarely become extremely loud As the weeks went by the sound became more frequent especially if I moved the laptop even just a little while it was on so I stopped moving the laptop But now even with the laptop sitting still on a table there is about a - chance Acer Aspire V3-551G Fan and Overheating Problems that it will have an extremely loud fan when I start it nbsp What's weird is that sometimes I noticed the fan is too quiet too When it does this I assume that the fan is actually off which shouldn't be happening because the laptop gets super hot Sometimes after a while of silence the loud noise come up too which is nice because now the fan is on but is also not good because of the volume of the noise nbsp I'm pretty sure problem is coming from the GPU or whatever the big fan on the left underside of the laptop is I nbsp also suspect nbsp the fan had actually been the culprit of the overheating which consequently caused Explorer to crash sometimes nbsp So because having an immobile laptop is a pretty big problem for me nbsp I decided to nbsp look up the problem and I found these topics These nbsp users described the same exact problems as me http community acer com t -Archives Acer-Aspire-V - G-Fan-Noise td-p http community acer com t -Archives acer-aspire-v -fan-problems td-p nbsp So I was wondering what can I do to fix this I tried updating all the drivers but it didn't seem to do anything and I don't feel confident in opening my laptop up Do you think warranty service could cover this or are there any other solutions I've overlooked

A:Acer Aspire V3-551G Fan and Overheating Problems

I have a similar problem. my fan makes some kind of croaking noise jst before it starts to spin whenever i put on the system, and intermittently later on. I advise you don't open your system until you've exhausted other options. my own system is jst about 6 to 8 months old, so i am not looking forward to changing my fan anytime soon. have you tried looking through the base of your system to check for dust? you should search online. there are various supposed fixes worth checking out. i tried installing speedfan, which didn't detect my fans. as i couldn't risk opening my system to check the fan myself, which involved removing the keyboard and motherboard, i took it to a technician. came back, and the fan is still making that sound(incidentally, it didn't make the sound at the technician's), in addition to a new one i suspect is from the hard drive. In essence, if you later have to take it apart, make sure it's a real professional who knows what he is doing. And whatever works for you, please update this discussion. I'd like to check it out on my system. also try to run a hardware diagnostic. haven't had any success with that myself, but that's because i can't seem to find a software that works for acer. i jst opened a new discussion for that topic and hope i'll get a new reply soon.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-551G-Fan-and-Overheating-Problems/td-p/282824/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 85.57%

I have a problem with my keyboard, related to keys: s,d,g,h,m and caps lock. Sometimes they don't work. In a bit amount of time and after I pressed other keys randomly, they start to work again.
There are other 2 closed posts on this forum, same problem, same keys.

Useful information:
-my computer is a laptop acer aspire 5943G
-im using a 64 bit version of windows 7

Thanks for the help

A:Acer aspire 5943g keyboard problems

Chances are that the keyboard contacts are wearing out or it is full of dirt, try turning the PC upside down and gently tapping the keyboard, you may be suprised how much dirt comes out of it. You could also get a can of compressed air to blow out all the dirt, but if nothing helps a new keyboard may be the only solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5943g-keyboard-problems.1031386/
Relevancy 85.57%

Just got it, it came pre-installed with Linpus Linux Lite so I installed Windows 8.1 on it. I used the CD that came with the PC to install the drivers. Everything worked well, but sadly, the WiFi driver just does not work. It does connect to my router, but once I try to load something, it instantly goes to limited connectivity, disallowing me to do anything. I am able to access the router panel, but the router isn't the problem here - everything works well on my Android phone. Any help?

Relevancy 85.57%

Hey im having problems with a laptop acer aspire 5610 laptop, i hade to format this computer, but i dont know way but it's not working properly every time i formate it seems i get a new problem, fist it's slow then some of the running programs start to fail so i have formatted this computer 2 times and i still get this problem and this computer is only one year old can any body help me!! please thks. bye.

A:Problems with a Acer aspire 5610 laptop

depends on what program you re trying to run

whats the specs of you laptop?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-with-a-acer-aspire-5610-laptop-362449.html
Relevancy 85.57%

It seems as though the sound on my Acer Aspire 6290 is not working.

I've been encountering the same problem in ubuntu 9.04. Windows 7 registers an unknown device. Unfortunately, I don't remember the specifications on the sound card, but here's what windows says about the unkown device:

problem code: 0000001C
Physical Device Object Name: \Device\USBPDO-7

I don't know if any of this is useful. I just want my sound working. Any ideas for what I can do to make it work? What should I do?

A:Acer Aspire 6290 Audio Problems

What does the device manager show you for sound?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/8675-acer-aspire-6290-audio-problems.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi I would be acer aspire 5720 multiple problems very grateful for any help with this problem for weeks - acer aspire 5720 multiple problems in firefox I am getting a acer aspire 5720 multiple problems new tab opening up showing various sites - never happened before for days - acer empowering technology bar wont open when laptop starts cant open it afterwards either acer aspire 5720 multiple problems the several 'acer' components which start up when booting all fail also for days I keep getting a message from AVG every minutes or so that it has blocked 'trojan horse generic JP' opening and the file infected is 'C windows temp scvhost exe I have malwarebytes and the AVG free edition I also use registery vac and ccleaner I have read the preperation guide and am attaching a DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Peter at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows system lsm exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k apphost C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSService exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k iissvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSLoader exe C Program Files Acer Arcade Deluxe Play Movie PMVService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Acer Empowering Technology eAudio eAudio exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Users Peter AppData Local Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery ERAGENT EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows system wermgr exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Peter Downloads dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp m uk yahoo com mStart Page hxxp en uk acer yahoo com uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll mURLSea... Read more

A:acer aspire 5720 multiple problems

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280033/acer-aspire-5720-multiple-problems/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello and HELP !!                            Is there anybody with any idea on how to get past the password lock screen on the above computer ? Nothing sinister - just a forgotten password. I bought one for the wife for her birthday but have been unable to show her how to use it because i forgot the password i used on set up.   Hoping for help thanks 

A:ACER ASPIRE SWITCH 10 - Password problems

You have several options... Do you have another user logon on this laptop?  If yes, log on with that user, then create a new account for your wife, and copy over the data from the old user to the new account. If no other user, then either find someone with Microsoft DaRT software which includes an option to reset the password, or you will have to do a complete restore back to manufacturer's defaults.  Think you get to that by holding the <Alt> key then hit <F10> key whilst machine is booting up immediately after switch on. Hope that helps... 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/ACER-ASPIRE-SWITCH-10-Password-problems/td-p/316522/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 85.57%

I have an acer aspire m5630. Recently the monitor was black as if in sleep mode, only the PC won't wake up! After unplugging and holding power button for 30 seconds (per acer website) and starting up, nothing happens. The power comes on, the fan comes on and the activity light will flash for a few seconds and then it goes to sleep with only the power light on. I never even get a start up screen. What do I do now??

Thanks

A:Acer Aspire m5630 booting problems help!

Make sure that there's nothing plugged into the computer other than:
Power cable
Mouse
Keyboard
Video cable
Network cable (if using)

Then, If you can't get anything on the video, try another video card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-m5630-booting-problems-help-454125.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all hope this is in the right bit of the forum apologies if it isnt My sister s acer aspire is up problems Acer 5542 aspire boot having start up boot up problems Acer aspire 5542 boot up problems She had a bsod on it the other week and it hasn t lit up since only intermittently When it does finally turn on it stays on long enough to get to the desktop then freezes or goes off I ve Acer aspire 5542 boot up problems testing the battery and power supply both were fine Seems like an overheating problem to me but i checked CPU changed thermal paste still intermittent boot ups I ve only been succesful in getting into the event logs once and there were a few error and warning logs about BIOS being out of date so the EC couldnt communicate there was also an error about processor being limited by the system firmware unfortunately the laptop shut down and i havent been able to get into the OS since so have been unable to do a bios update to see if that helps can anyone help with some ideas of what to try next to keep the laptop on or shall i just call it a day with it any help would be much appreciate thanks nbsp

A:Acer aspire 5542 boot up problems

Can you install the BIOS via a thumbdrive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5542-boot-up-problems.1088589/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hey I have a proble, with my screen. Everytime I close it I guess it goes to sleep. I open it back up and the screen is black. I press the power buton, any key, or Fn+F4 and it still doesn't come up. I've tried changing video display. Nada. I just found out that when I click space or back space. It makes the ping sound. So I know it's running just, not showing anything. Any help would be definitely appreciated.
Thanks, Daeva

A:Acer Aspire Laptop screen problems.

Was this laptop upgraded to Vista? Please give me more info. Make, model no etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-laptop-screen-problems-166303.html
Relevancy 85.57%

The very begining of my problems began on June st It started after I turned my UAC off to install the sandbox for the Crysis demo When I restarted my computor would stay stuck at the loading screen Sometimes if I let it load long enough it would lead to a black screen At this time I was able to get into my computor in Safe Mode I called Acer Customer Support and they told me to reformat my computor I had some guy look at my computor over the internet and he started some harddrive repair thing and after I restarted again it would not start in Safe Mode either So on June nd I did my first reformat Around June th my computor froze after I closed down SAMP The Acer Power Technology was not responding and nothing was working except for my talk button on Ventrillo I turned off my computor and while trying to start up it back up it got stuck on the loading screen again I went into Safe Mode a with Consistent M5641 Problems Acer Aspire few times but soom Safe Mode wouldn't work and I did Consistent Problems with Acer Aspire M5641 another reformat Sometime near the end of June and the begging of July the Acer Power Technology was not responding and I thought I would have to do another reformat I just left the computor on and left it alone for a bit without restarting I think the computor eventually restarted on its own and started working again But a few days later on July th the computor started to have problems again But this time the problem was different The computor would start fine slightly slow but whenever I right-clicked on anything my whole computor would freeze and I would have to restart I gave up then and took my computor in to Geek Squad This whole time Acer Customer Support was almost no help and told me to send it back to them They held onto this computor for almost weeks They were unable to find a problem with my computor One guy told me to send the computor back to Acer But a woman there said that the OS needed to be reinstalled so they decided to reinstall the OS I got the computor back last friday Four days later the problem occured again This time I was playing Crysis Wars while downloading a game I also and Ventrilo open and Chat open in Ventrilo There were no problems until some guy put a comment into chat and it tabbed out of Crysis and put it into a windowed mode I tried to put it into fullscreen and close the download and my computor ended up freezing I restarted and again my computor would freeze at the loading screen But this time my computor would eventually load to a blue screen saying STOP c Registry File Failure The Registry cannot load the hive file SystemRoot System Config SOFTWARE or its log or alternative It is corrupt absent or not writable Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance Now I am stuck I called Geek Squad and they said to bring the computor back in for checking which would probably take them forever to do I called Acer and they told me to take out the new components I put in Graphic Card Power Supply and put in the old one's and send it back to them The problem with this was that I had put in a new graphics card and power supply Christmas While putting in these components I messed up some connections so my computor wouldn't start I took it into Circuit City while it was still around and had the Firedog guys put everything in properly Most likely I will mess up trying to do this and to have Geek Squad do it will cost per piece But this is my only option left so this is what I will probably do I'm posting this here because I am wondering if anyone knows what is going on with my computor Why is this happening What do I need to do to fix this The Acer Support and Geek Squad are no longer able to help me unless I send the computor in Here are my system specs according to my xfire Manufacturer AC... Read more

A:Consistent Problems with Acer Aspire M5641

What you've been told is "sorta" true - but it's gotta be taken with a grain of salt (not knowing exactly how your system is built).

I'd suggest providing us with the information in this post ( http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html ) before you go any further.

Depending on the cause of this error, you may be able to use System Restore to restore a copy of the Registry from before this error started happening.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/consistent-problems-with-acer-aspire-m5641-399513.html
Relevancy 85.57%

My daughter started college she got a acer aspire 5251-1513 from wal mart couple months ago. when she goes on explore and back to desk top the icons freeze up so she can t use her desktop. any idea's how to fix this problem? I guess returning the computer is one way. but it could be a simple fix maybe ???
so if anyone has this problem or would like to send me answer how to solve this problem thank

A:window 7 acer aspire desktop problems

try reinstalling the operating system see if works if not refund for the desktop at walmart.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/window-7-acer-aspire-desktop-problems-516281.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello everyone! I'm seeming to have a very strange issue with my wifi. I have very good wifi in my bedroom, however when I move just 10-15 feet over in the other room I lose it completely. I was able to keep the wifi connection throughout the house not too long ago, so this is just a new problem. I have an Acer Aspire 3680, and my wireless network adapter is Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter. The wifi connection is strong throughout the house, I can prove this because my phone wifi, AND my ipod touch wifi are able to keep 5 bars even if I go outside on the porch. Anyways, any help is appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Relevancy 85.57%

7 Cant locate the hard drive i know i need to load the drivers for this as i have done it on other acers with Sata drives but i cant find the correct diver for this system. Its an acer aspire l100 with dual core athalon. I have tried the acer site but they dont list a sata driver for the 100 trie one for the 320 but thats an intel setup so Stuck. Tried other acer amd drivers but they still cant get 7 to reconisge the sata hard drive. PLEASE HELP

A:Problems Loading 7 x32 on Acer Aspire L100

You can download from here:
Acer Europe - Service & Support, Drivers & Utilities, Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/150722-problems-loading-7-x32-acer-aspire-l100.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Basically my Desktop used to BSOD a fair amount Machine on Lag/Boot my Aspire Problems Acer about months ago and for some reason it stopped after i applied new thermal paste and hoovered the insides of the case Anyhow - as of late my pc has started having quot random lag quot what i mean by that is that my computer will be running fine at normal speed on everything im doing then all of a sudden everything will take an age to do like open folders open my web browser etc and even youtube videos will slowplaying - just everything goes into meltdown Lag/Boot Problems on my Acer Aspire Machine lol and i have to restart to make it usable again Ive tried previous suggestions from other people such as Lag/Boot Problems on my Acer Aspire Machine using Memtest on my ram sticks and also tried wiping my HDD and reformatting it and installing Windows again bear in mind ive had this pc for almost years and it never done all this lag business before just a random bsod now and then which didnt really cause any issues Someone also suggested checking event viewer which i have and nothing there also i was suggested to install one program at a time until i have problems but i cant see how it can be a program issue since ive used Lag/Boot Problems on my Acer Aspire Machine a multitude of programs before and it never used to do this and was also suggested to do my Windows updates which i did but to no avail It used to quot random lag quot quite often but does it a fair bit less now but the problem is still there also ive noticed that my pc can sometimes try to boot - times before it actually beeps and comes on Also heres my BelArc Advisor System Profile Please note that it will be missing updates as this is a new install TinyUpload com - best file hosting solution with no limits totaly free -Sorry for the long post i just thought id try and explain everything- Hope i can sort this with your help Kind Regards NC

A:Lag/Boot Problems on my Acer Aspire Machine

Hi and Welcome to the Forum
Have you run Malwarebytes and if so did it find anything?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305217-lag-boot-problems-my-acer-aspire-machine.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi I am having trouble with the sound on my computer as in I have none The computer type is an Acer Aspire T I used to have sound and then suddenly one day I didn t and I m not sure how I lost it But when I went into the system I had an error message saying that I did not have the correct software to install Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus with a yellow exclamation mark I came on here and saw that I needed to download the correct drive so I went to the Acer website and downloaded the Audio Drive which in turn downloaded Realtek HD Audio Manager When I went back to the system the Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus has gone I have tried all possible solutions on Windows help but nothing Please help I have been trying to solve this problem for hours and am ready to give up Any suggestions nbsp

A:Audio problems - Acer Aspire T180

Invest in a PCI or USB audio adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-problems-acer-aspire-t180.124389/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hey Guys,

Had my desktop PC (Acer Aspire M3970) for about 11 months now, 2 days ago the LAN and wireless network adapters have stopped working. When i troubleshoot the problem it says the network adapters are having problems with their drivers, so I updated them from the Acer website. Still they don't work, I have system restored, Nothing! I went delved further into my adapters settings and it said "windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol to the network adapters" for both of them.

Additional Info:
Running windows home premium 64bit,
BT home hub which other computers can connect to,
Can connect to a network with wireless but says I have "Limited Connectivity"
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller,
Ralink 802.11n Wireless LAN card,
-both network adapters have never had any problems before.

Could someone please help, i'm losing my mind as nothing i've tried has worked!

A:Acer Aspire M3970 LAN and Wireless Problems

Do you have McAfee installed on this system?

McAfee - Resolving the recent update issues with McAfee Consumer Products

Can you post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/248855-acer-aspire-m3970-lan-wireless-problems.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I'm trying to do a factory reset on an acer aspire 1410. I'm running windows 8 (I think). I'm not very technical when it comes to computing. I've tried to reboot and hold down the 'Alt + F10' keys but nothing is happening. Can anyone help ?
Thanks
Phil

A:laptop problems acer aspire 1410

Hi Phil, welcome to the TSG Forums....

Can you please download and run the TSG System Info Tool and then C&P the results into your next post.

Link to TSG System Info Tool : http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-problems-acer-aspire-1410.1143007/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello people of tech support forum i am new here so please be nice When Problems acer sp1 my with aspire vista laptop it comes to computers laptops Problems with my acer aspire laptop vista sp1 i am clueless so i decided to post here in hope someone with some knowhow would be able to help me anyhow back to the matter at hand i have a acer aspire laptop with vista premium sp problem When i try to watch a movie online or watch something on youtube and try to full screen it the screen just goes black and i have to press ECS to cancil it - i do have the updated version of java and flash player For some reason i cannot download windows updates or windows messenger when trying to download the updates it comes up with error code i spoke to a friend of mine who told me to configure my aol rooter under WAP setup to number i think it was it was with reguards to dowloading msn messenger when i try to download it simply says this webpage cannot be displayed my final problem is - when i google search a website or click on a link to a website a majoraty of the time i get redirected to random websites sometimes even ebay there my problems i have at the moment ill also add the anyone that connects to my rooter cant download msn or windows updates its just not me if anyone could please shed some light on what i should do i would be very greatfull i can list any other details iff needed but if its complicatated if you could tell me how to access the details you need i would also be greatfull there Anyhow thats my post i think i got it in the right place and hope to hear from you guys soon thanks again Tilly

A:Problems with my acer aspire laptop vista sp1

hi you may have more than one issue but for now i would suggest going here to help with your network problem http://www.techsupportforum.com/f31/ the folks their will be happy to help hope this is usefull

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-my-acer-aspire-laptop-vista-sp1-336671.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have an acer aspire one compact lap top which is displaying weird borders on some pages, and missing images on others. (Yahoo logo for specifics)

I have:

1. Reset all IE Settings including security
2. Compared all settings to another machine
3. Uninstalled IE and reinstalled

- No viruses or malware are present.

Below is an attached screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

A:Acer Aspire One, Page display problems

Welcome to TSF

Do you have SP3 and IE8 installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/acer-aspire-one-page-display-problems-512778.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello nbsp I have Acer Aspire V - G Before all problems begin I used Legacy BIOS mode with Windows Pro bit OS Have latest BIOS v nbsp So recently I decide to switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI mode and reinstalled Windows Pro bit with UEFI mode enabled with GPT partition style Everything went good with installation nbsp Now I face following issues with UEFI and Windows witch problems?? Aspire UEFI Acer V5-573G I didn't have in Legacy BIOS mode when laptop goes to sleep and is not touched for a while I'm unable to wake up laptop Pressing any key on keyboard or touching touchpad doesn't wake up it either Only Acer Aspire V5-573G UEFI problems?? way is to press Power button to completely shutdown it and then turn it on again I'm not sure if it's something to do with Windows settings to fix this Restarting Windows sometimes shutdown laptop This is really strange Windows shows Acer Aspire V5-573G UEFI problems?? it's restarting screen goes black and doesn't boot anymore instead it shutdown laptop And when I'm shutting down system it doesn't fully turn Acer Aspire V5-573G UEFI problems?? it off Often the blue light still flashes CPU and GPU fans are still working and again to fully shutdown system I have to press Power button Are these problems somehow related to UEFI because I had no such problems with Legacy mode and Windows This starts to annoy me when laptop doesn't fully shuts down nbsp Any help on this nbsp Thank you nbsp

A:Acer Aspire V5-573G UEFI problems??

Hello, Well I see that some of these problems are described by others as well on windows 10 and different notebooks.A few solutions have been suggested but I am not sure if these will help you in any way. First, one of the options was to disable fast startup and try to see if it solves your problem.(mainly the shutdown issue)Go in power options, and select from left "Chose what the power buttons do". Here click on "change settings that are curently unavailable" and uncheck fast startup, and see if it will solve the problem. Another idea was to disable hibernate for windows. You can do it in the same way as described above but uncheck hibernate or run the this command in an elevated command prompt(run cmd as administrator) powercfg /h off.The last suggestion was to turn on hybrid sleep on your current power plan. Go to power options, and for your current power plan click "change plan settings". Here click on "change advanced power settings" and look for sleep in the new window. Open the node and at "allow hybrid sleep" select ON. I am not sure if any of these will solve the issue but you can give a try. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-573G-UEFI-problems/td-p/435242/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello nbsp I have Acer Aspire V - G Before all problems begin I used Legacy BIOS mode with Windows Pro bit OS Have latest BIOS v nbsp So recently I decide to switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI mode and reinstalled Windows Pro bit with UEFI mode enabled with GPT partition style Everything went UEFI Acer problems?? V5-573G Aspire good with installation nbsp Now I face following issues with UEFI and Windows witch I didn't have in Legacy BIOS mode when laptop goes to sleep and is not touched for Acer Aspire V5-573G UEFI problems?? a while I'm unable to wake up laptop Pressing any key on keyboard or touching touchpad doesn't wake up it either Only way is to press Power button to completely shutdown it and then turn it on again I'm not sure if it's something to do with Windows settings to fix this Restarting Windows sometimes shutdown laptop This is really strange Windows shows it's restarting screen goes black and doesn't boot anymore instead it shutdown laptop And when I'm shutting down system it doesn't fully turn it off Often the blue light still flashes CPU and GPU fans are still working and again to fully shutdown system I have to press Power button Are these problems somehow related to UEFI because I had no such problems with Legacy mode and Windows This starts to annoy me when laptop doesn't fully shuts down nbsp Any help on this nbsp Thank you nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire V5-573G UEFI problems??

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Aspire-S7-stuck-in-sleep-mode/m-p/427855#M3432 http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-V5-573G-freezes-instead-of-sleep-irregularly-not/m-p/...

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-573G-UEFI-problems/td-p/435242