Windows Support Forum

HP Z240 with Windows 7 - Hard shutdown before sleep mode

Q: HP Z240 with Windows 7 - Hard shutdown before sleep mode

Hello. I am currently working on getting a fresh installation of Windows 7 on our HP Z240's in order to create our standard business image. I was able to install Windows 7 Enterprise but am having one issue. Whenever the workstation goes into sleep mode it will do a hard shutdown. I've installed the latest drivers found here for the chipset, graphics, NIC and sound. The issue still occurs. I've done the same on three different workstations and have experienced the same issue between all three. The OEM Windows 7 installation has no issues on the same exact workstation. Can anyone assist me with this? Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z240-with-Windows-7-Hard-shutdown-before-sleep-mode/td-p/5673196
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Z240 with Windows 7 - Hard shutdown before sleep mode

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi there.

I've recently built a new computer, and have been having some problems shutting it down. The computer shuts down fine if I don't put it into sleep mode, but as soon as I put it to sleep, the next time I wake it up and shut it down, it hangs on the shutting down screen.

I'm using a gigabyte z77 ud3h motherboard, and have had some problems with the usb ports so far, with certain ports being fussy about what I plug into them even though I've installed and updated all the drivers. Although I've got the usb devices I need working now, the shutdown issue still persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

A:Windows 7 hangs on shutdown screen after being in sleep mode

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Go to Start > Type CMD > Right Click on Command Prompt and press Run as Admin. > Type: SFC /scannow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-hangs-on-shutdown-screen-after-being-in-sleep-mode-671506.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I ve been having troubles with my laptop powering on and off as well as shutdown) mode, Windows state issues hibernation, (sleep 7 power any time I attempt to use sleep standby mode or hibernation The machine is a Lenovo G s running Windows x Ultimate Service Pack In the mornings when I try to power it on it usually takes multiple attempts before the computer will get past the splash Windows 7 power state issues (sleep mode, hibernation, shutdown) screen although all the lights Windows 7 power state issues (sleep mode, hibernation, shutdown) on the front light up as though the machine was working Now once it does boot it runs pretty much perfectly but if I try to put the machine into standby mode the computer will never actually reach that point the light on the front indicating that the computer is on remains a solid color whereas when it reaches sleep mode it is Windows 7 power state issues (sleep mode, hibernation, shutdown) supposed to blink on and off instead Further the computer tells me Windows was not shut down correctly and gives me the options for Safe Mode etc when I boot it but nothing ever appears in the Event Log to help me troubleshoot this problem On the bright side I have a few crash dumps from my machine which I have attempted to translate into a readable format using Windows Debugging Tools I have attached these files to this post They seem to indicate I have a driver issue but I have already downloaded all of the most up-to-date drivers for my specific machine from the Lenovo website Or so I believe I also included a driver list in this post's attachments just in case I am very frustrated by these difficulties Any help suggestions etc you can offer would be most appreciated Also if I need to offer any additional information please inform me what else you need to know Thanks in advance Mohawk

A:Windows 7 power state issues (sleep mode, hibernation, shutdown)

right off you should try to do a driver update.  Or roll back depending on if the issue started after an update.
For a update of drivers go to Lenovo's website, and look for the drivers and updates.
Perform them in this order as needed.
Chipset
BIOS
Video
Audio
all others. (unless Lenovo recommends other wise).  The most important are the chipset then BIOS.

Do a backup and recovery/ restore before you update your drivers.  After update use CCleaner (download it here) 
Download, launch and run the registry tab. 

After all are completed shutdown again and reboot.  Still have the issue?  Make sure to check in the control pannel under hardware for the power options, and turn off the sleep mode and see if hybernate works.  Then try it again with just sleep mode working. 

Also program like Itunes, any backup tools, and antivirus programs can cause your computer to run while it should be sleeping, and error when you wake it. Disable them,
in run type msconfig and hit ENTER
Click yes if a popup windows comes up that is UAC
Then in the first tab click on Selective Startup and uncheck Load Startup Items
Then go to Services Tab and click the box that says "Hide all Microsoft Services"
After that disable all that remain.
In the Startup tab all should be unchecked.
Click apply and OK.
When it asks for reboot allow it. 
Then is a Clean Run of of Windows.  Check to see if they error is still present.  If not, then go into startup and click half the list to enable and reboot.  Then keep doing this untill you find the program.
If the startup is OK do the same in the services tab.  When you get the issue narrowed down, stop it or uninstall it if you want to and that should fix it.

Still not working then you can try this tool  (warning, this can fix issues, or make them worse, depending on the issue and type.  I have had nothing but success with it, but again that is why you made a restore point before this happened)
All in One Repair found here.

Good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528816/windows-7-power-state-issues-sleep-mode-hibernation-shutdown/
Relevancy 70.09%

Well, if i am going to leave for about 1-2hours, should i put the computer to sleep mode or simply shut it down?

I was told that sleep mode warms up the computer also. So its not good to go sleep mode. Isit true?

A:Go into sleep mode or shutdown?

there is nothing like sleep warms up your PC...
sleeping the computer is best for any purpose..
[i never close my laptop, either i sleep it or leave it on]
and i wud say you not to shut down the computer when its extreme... either sleep or hibernate... shutdown is like if u r gonna leave it for a month .:P

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/240470-go-into-sleep-mode-shutdown.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I upgraded to Windows 10 and I am having sleep mode and shutdown issues.   When I put the computer to sleep the screen goes off but the fan and power button light stays on.  Once this happens, the system locks and I have to do a hard restart to get it to power back up.  The same thing happens when I click "shutdown" to turn the computer off.  I get a message that the system is shutting down but it doesn't turn off.  The screen goes off but the fan and power light stay on.  Any help solving this issue would be appreciated.  

Solved!

View Solution.

A:Sleep mode and shutdown issues

HOW TO RESOLVE SLEEP/SHUTDOWN ISSUES Download version 9 or 10 of the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.Navigate HP's Software and Driver Downloads site (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html) to find the latest approved driver for your model.  Filter by version, selecting Microsoft Windows 8.1 on the dropdown menu.  Look for the download in the "Driver-Chipset" category.  If an MEI driver with a version number starting in 9 or 10 is listed, download it.  [Version 9.5.24.1790 1.5M (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66228.exe) will work for most models.]If an MEI driver with a version number starting in 9 or 10 is NOT listed, download the appropriate driver directly from Intel (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=intel+management+engine).  [Version 9.5.24.1790 1.5M (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23091/Intel-ME-9-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC) will work for most models.]Download the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package (http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab).Change the Windows Update Services setting from Automatic (Delayed Start) to Manual.In the Control Panel, select Administrative Tools and open Services.Scroll down to Windows Update and double-click it to bring up its properties.Click Stop to stop the service from running.Change the Startup Type to Manual and click OK.Install version 9 or 10 of the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.  If you receive a dialog warning about replacing a newer version of the software, accept it.NOTE: You do NOT need to uninstall version 11 before installing version 9 or 10.  The presence of some version of the driver is required in order to "upgrade" (or in this case downgrade) it.Run the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package and hide updates to the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.  (Doing so will block your system from automatically reinstalling or showing updates for version 11 of the driver.)Change the Windows Update Services setting from Manual back to Automatic (Delayed Start).Restart your computer.Rejoice!  You can finally sleep and shut down again.  hope this helps

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Sleep-mode-and-shutdown-issues/td-p/5221014
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi All I am getting an error message when my computer resumes from sleep mode Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.
This error could be caused if the system stopped responding,
crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

I have attach an admin even log below any help with the problem would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks

A:shutdown error after sleep mode

Quote: Originally Posted by bajanboy

Hi All I am getting an error message when my computer resumes from sleep mode Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.
This error could be caused if the system stopped responding,
crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

I have attach an admin even log below any help with the problem would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks

Ati video driver. Just re-install it

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/76267-shutdown-error-after-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all,

For about a year and a half now i have owned a htpc based on a DFI P55-T36 board.
Everything is running great and i'm very content ever since i switched to XBMC software etc. etc.

There's just one problem for me...
No matter what i do, Sleep mode will not work correctly with this machine.

Also...i have recently purchased a Ortek VRC-1100 remote which works very well with MCE and XBMC out of the box.
This remote has a power button which will send the keyboard command to put the machine to sleep (i believe its Win + S?).

Anyway, in both of these cases i would very much like to Shutdown the PC rather then use Sleep mode at all.

Is there any way to disable sleep mode entirely in Windows 7?

So whenever a sleep mode command is sent, the PC will simply shutdown?

A:Turn Sleep/Hibernate mode into Shutdown?

That would be in your Power managment settings you set it to NEVER it will not go to sleep or Hibernate

Goodluck

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/216742-turn-sleep-hibernate-mode-into-shutdown.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Ok this isn't really a major issue, but if there's a way around it then I'd be interested.

At the moment I'm not really using an external HD for any purpose, but still have it plugged in, with the software set to put it into sleep mode after 3 minutes if it's not being used. It's actually noisier than my PC so it's something I would rather not have humming away if possible.

I have noticed that when I shut down when the HD is not in sleep mode, it shuts down pretty much instantaneously. With the HD in sleep mode, we're talking about a minute.

What could be the cause of this? The PC is trying to shut down, and can't see the HD because it's having a nap? Would be nice to know.

Thanks.

A:Shutdown time with external HD in sleep mode

Hello strOppy, welcome to the forum

Why don't you just disconnect the drive when it is not in use? thats what I do, external drives normally run hot so it makes sense.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/169525-shutdown-time-external-hd-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello all,

I hope someone can help to identify what driver/program is causing my pc to restart without any warning. It seems only to happen when my pc goes to screensaver (after 10min of inactivity) or sleep mode (after 30min of inactivity).
Some general info:
Win7 x86 (32-bit) Ultimate
Gfx card: XFX Radeon 5600
I put the generated error reports in the zip file.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the help.

A:unexpected shutdown when screensaver or sleep mode

Quote: Originally Posted by lumach

Hello all,

I hope someone can help to identify what driver/program is causing my pc to restart without any warning. It seems only to happen when my pc goes to screensaver (after 10min of inactivity) or sleep mode (after 30min of inactivity).
Some general info:
Win7 x86 (32-bit) Ultimate
Gfx card: XFX Radeon 5600
I put the generated error reports in the zip file.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the help.

Sure thing

Problems are

1-sptd.sys
Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads

You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

2-ASACPI.SYS (pre 2009)
ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005

Quote:
The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- download_item_mkt
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit " (it's about the 8th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

3-Old drivers update at least these

Code:
CM108.sys 6/28/2007 2:18:08 0x468360b0 0x8200f000 0x82199000 0x0018a000
yk62x86.sys 2/23/2009 9:44:18 0x49a2b642 0x8dce8000 0x8dd38000 0x00050000
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/140368-unexpected-shutdown-when-screensaver-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello,I have been struggling with the issue with my Windows sleep mode in Windows 7. After it goes into sleep mode, the computer doesn't return from it, it just resets and gives the error "unexpected shutdown." As it is resetting it gives a purple/plue colorful screen of megadeath seen here And as usual Windows can never find solutions to any problems that happens. My inkling is that there is a power struggle when it is sleeping or resuming from sleep...Instinctively, I had uninstalled and reinstalled drivers to the video and audio drivers, USB wireless ethernet, and LAN card. I have tried disabling the USB wireless and lan card, and it still doesn't return from sleep. I have also tried unplugging the monitor, and resetting it. What else can I try, I feel like I have done everything! Thank you for any advice!Specs: Windows 7Asus ATI 790gx motherboardAMD phenom II x4 processor4 GB ram

A:BSOD, unexpected shutdown after sleep mode

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

Its a shot in the dark, but some motherboard sleep settings are also controlled by the system BIOS under the power settings tab of the BIOS set up menus, you may want to check what those settings are set to as they may be playing a part in why your having this issue.

Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337554/bsod-unexpected-shutdown-after-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 68.37%

I started having this issue earlier last week I leave the computer on to go do something else for a while as I dislike shutting it down all the time as I think it s better to just leave it ready and running and it always stayed on as it's supposed to However recently when I come back Sleep Mode??? Unexpected (with in Shutdown BSOD) the system is in the bootup screen asking me how I want to start it and after the boot it tells me that the system has Recovered from an Unexpected Shutdown This is absolutely baffling to me I have NEVER had a computer behave like this in my life when any of my other computers shut down it was because of obvious factors like the power cutting out or because it got too hot and with the OS telling it too to shut off to protect it - but I have NEVER had this happen in addition to a BSOD screen disappears too quickly to read when the system shuts off and restarts which displays before the system shuts off on its own and for seemingly no apparent reason at all The hardware seems to be in pristine working order as far as I can tell and I haven t done anything differently to provoke this However I DO use BitTorrent but I don t see how that could have instigated this problem correct me if I m wrong please and I religiously check the system for viruses and other nasties and I also clean the Registry backing it up every time beforehand and wipe out useless clutter using CCleaner never had a problem with using this Unexpected Shutdown (with BSOD) in Sleep Mode??? either I m leaning towards thinking that this is a hardware or drivers issue primarily because I DO NOT use the battery but rather the AC Adaptor of the time with the battery OUT to preserve the life and cycles of the battery - I drain it and recharge it once a month to retain it's longevity for when I DO need to use it and Acer Updater never ever displays any updates to drivers or anything else so chances are my drivers are actually out Unexpected Shutdown (with BSOD) in Sleep Mode??? of date but I never download or install drivers on an OEM system UNLESS the manufacturer tells me too to avoid major headaches when it goes wrong Please help me figure this out very Unexpected Shutdown (with BSOD) in Sleep Mode??? frustrating OS Hardware information as per the guidelines X -bit or x Windows Ultimate x bit NOT OEM Original installed OS on the system Windows Home Premium x bit OEM What is the age of the system hardware Months What is the age of OS installation Months

A:Unexpected Shutdown (with BSOD) in Sleep Mode???

There are no dumps in that report, which are our primary data source. I see you have no dumps in your Minidump folder. Make sure CCleaner is NOT set to delete memory dumps.

From some other info in the report, I can see your Atheros drivers are too old, dated June 2009. That means they are technically incompatible with Windows 7. Please update them to the latest version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/102623-unexpected-shutdown-bsod-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Most of the time for he past few months whenever I set my PC to go into sleep mode, I get a BSoD, and the computer will either reset or shutdown. I will sometimes also get a BSod when I try to shutdown normally as well, although this has occurred less often, mostly because I prefer to Sleep than Shutdown. I've gotten around this lately by simply leaving my computer on at night in a performance power mode, but obviously this isn't particularly ideal.
I think this is most likely a driver issue, but I don't know how I would go about trying to fix this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

A:PC crashes when entering Sleep mode. Sometimes also at shutdown.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558599/pc-crashes-when-entering-sleep-mode-sometimes-also-at-shutdown/
Relevancy 67.94%

Vista SP on my desktop I want to put it to sleep every night for a quick resume in the morning I would ve used hibernate like on my XP laptop but Vista doesn t have one in the shutdown options Anyway on my vista desktop when I wake it up via keyboard mashing it comes back with the black BIOS screen that says it was improperly shutdown and if I want to boot up in safe mode or start windows normally I start it normally and after regular bootup screens after windows loads it shows me solutions and a cause was a blue screen I saw no such thing when it was going to sleep Why is this happening My XP laptop is sleeping it calls it standby with a moon icon without issue - I hit the function mode revival: claims improper sleep shutdown key and it wakes up immediately back to a useable screen Hibernate also works on the laptop though bootup takes longer of course nbsp

A:sleep mode revival: claims improper shutdown

hi try doing this http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsvista/ht/arestartvista.htm then you can post the error code or look in C:\windows\minidump.you can also try going to start control panel power options and on the left hand side change when computer sleeps option is there or set a custom plan,this is just a thought

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sleep-mode-revival-claims-improper-shutdown.861026/
Relevancy 67.94%

For the past few weeks every time my computer Windows Vista custom gaming rig from ibuypower goes to sleep it seems to have some issues upon waking up Basically after I return to the desktop from sleep mode my internet does not work despite being recognized by my NetGear WG v usb wirelesss adaptor This has been happening I think since I changed my router from a Belkin wireless and Issue Internet router) Sleep-mode Shutdown (new router to a DLink wireless router Also whenever I try to shut down the computer post sleep-mode it takes forever on the shut down screen Then when Sleep-mode Internet and Shutdown Issue (new router) I finally get to boot it up again it tells me that it suffered a BSOD during shutdown This isn't a major issue - it's been solved so far by simply hard booting my computer whenever it goes into sleep mode and I've been planning on changing how long it takes for the comp to go to sleep Still I don't really like hard-booting all the time Anyone know what's up

A:Sleep-mode Internet and Shutdown Issue (new router)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete577

For the past few weeks, every time my computer (Windows Vista, custom gaming rig from ibuypower) goes to sleep it seems to have some issues upon waking up.

Basically, after I return to the desktop from sleep mode, my internet does not work (despite being recognized by my NetGear WG111v2 usb wirelesss adaptor). This has been happening, I think, since I changed my router (from a Belkin wireless router to a DLink wireless router).

Also, whenever I try to shut down the computer post sleep-mode, it takes forever on the shut down screen. Then, when I finally get to boot it up again, it tells me that it suffered a BSOD during shutdown.

This isn't a major issue - it's been solved so far by simply hard booting my computer whenever it goes into sleep mode (and I've been planning on changing how long it takes for the comp to go to sleep). Still, I don't really like hard-booting all the time. Anyone know what's up?

We would be able to give you more more help if we had the DMP file created during the crash.

It is located in c:\windows\minidump, or c:\windows. You can also find it by during a search for *.DMP. when you find it, zip it and upload it to us.

Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sleep-mode-internet-and-shutdown-issue-new-router-470153.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all,

I'm somewhat tech savvy, and my laptop has me absolutely stumped. I'll cut to the chase:

I get a dirty shutdown and restart (prompting Windows' safe mode option) any time the system attempts to enter sleep mode--whether by the Start menu or by pressing the power button (which I've set to enter sleep mode). I've asked Windows to produce a dump file in the event of a BSOD, but none have been created. I've gone through all driver updates I can think of, HP site updates, reinstalled the OS twice, etc.

I had some luck re-enabling the Windows 7 logon screen, which had previously been disabled. Worked for a few days, and I'm back where I started.

Any ideas?

A:Dirty shutdown and restart after entering sleep mode

Go into the Event Viewer. Are there any Red X's under System or Application?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dirty-shutdown-and-restart-after-entering-sleep-mode-660790.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello All I am totally new to this and am really confused About maybe a week ago I started having BSOD plus Windows wouldn't restart after restart mode shutdown and BSOD errors from sleep plus going into Sleepmode and when I tried to Shut Down it would bring up the shut down screen then just keep quot shutting down quot with out ever shutting down So I read some internet stuff and quot Reinstalled Windows quot and seem to still have the issues So now I am here Any assistance or help would be great and I am a total novice at this BSOD plus restart from sleep mode and shutdown errors and I would really like to get my PC back to normal System Specs System Manufacturer Model Number Custom Built PC OS Microsoft Windows Professional -bit Multiprocessor Free BSOD plus restart from sleep mode and shutdown errors Service Pack CPU AMD FX tm - Six-Core Processor Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- FXA-UD Memory GB Graphics Card s NVIDIA GeForce GTS Sound Card NVIDIA High Definition Audio Realtek High Definiti Monitor s Displays Acer S HL LCD quot Screen Resolution x Hard Drives WDC WD KS- MJB ATA Device

A:BSOD plus restart from sleep mode and shutdown errors

Okay so it happened again.

The Blue Screen had this status: driver_power_state_failure

with the restart

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA80094B6A00
BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C3D8
BCP4: FFFFFA8007305010
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\090112-30045-01.dmp
C:\Users\Wes\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-70871-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

And I am posting a new SF Diagnostic tool grab. Any assistance would really be helpful. I am outta my Gord and I really want to get my PC back on track.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250212-bsod-plus-restart-sleep-mode-shutdown-errors.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all I am looking for help in debugging two issues which I have been getting for the past week I have the system Power Management set up to put the system to Sleep but when it goes to sleep I get a BSOD and the system shut downs When I try to shut down the system via Windows the Shut Down screen appears but the loading icon keeps running and the system never actually shuts down The BSOD Bug Check Code is x f and the Caused by Address is ntoskrnl exe bc I do not get these issues on ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 ends never on for mode and Sleep Shutdown BSOD a Clean Boot so from what I have read I am guessing it is driver related but I am too novice to determine which driver it is I ran Windows Update and updated a bunch of the other equipment drivers but it hasn't helped Note I did install a new ASUS RT-AC U router and a HP Photosmart printer over the holidays but this issue did not appear right away after the install Diagnostics zip file attached Thanks in advance for any help -Rob

A:BSOD on Sleep mode for ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 and Shutdown never ends

Hi Zarathud.

HP Photosmart 7520 series - Remove it from Startup.

And, Disable USB Selective Suspense too.
USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off

Uninstall MCAfee Security Scan Plus.

Also search in Dell using your service tag .... if there is any Chipset and BIOS update for your model.

Let us know how the computer is running.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8011908a00, fffff80004b2f518, fffffa800bf2c9e0}

Probably caused by : usbccgp.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8011908a00, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80004b2f518, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800bf2c9e0, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------
DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IMAGE_NAME: usbccgp.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 52272385

MODULE_NAME: usbccgp

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88004e75000 usbccgp

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`04b2f4c8 fffff800`035318d2 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`11908a00 fffff800`04b2f518 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`04b2f4d0 fffff800`034cc85c : fffff800`04b2f600 fffff800`04b2f600 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x33af0
fffff800`04b2f570 fffff800`034cc6f6 : fffffa80`13e73580 00000000`004264fb 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x6c
fffff800`04b2f5e0 fffff800`034cc5de : 0000009e`0b61c437 fffff800`04b2fc58 00000000`004264fb fffff800`036411e8 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`04b2fc30 fffff800`034cc3c7 : 00000029`0e0babc2 00000029`004264fb 00000029`0e0bab18 00000000`000000fb : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be
fffff800`04b2fcd0 fffff800`034b98ca : fffff800`0363ce80 fffff800`0364acc0 00000000`00000001 fffff880`00000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277
fffff800`04b2fd80 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`04b30000 fffff800`04b2a000 fffff800`04b2fd40 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_3_usbscan_IMAGE_usbccgp.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_3_usbscan_IMAGE_usbccgp.sys

---------

0: kd> !irp fffffa800bf2c9e0
Irp is active with 8 stacks 6 is current (= 0xfffffa800bf2cc18)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace.
cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 0000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318059-bsod-sleep-mode-ntoskrnl-exe-75bc0-shutdown-never-ends.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all, I got a Z240 SFF workstation with a 512G HP Z Turbo Drive G2 intalled on M.2 slot as a boot drive. I recently add a 1.2T Intel 750 PCIe SSD on PCIe slot 4 for additional storage. However after the Intel 750 SSD was intalled, the computer began to shutdown automaticly after couple of minutes running. The issue will be fixed after remove the Intel 750 SSD. The system is running 64bit Win10, with Samsung NVMe Driver. The Intel 750 SSD can also be read and write when installed and Intel Data Center Tool shows that the SSD is healthy. I think the auto shutdown issue is related to overheating on 750 SSD. I am wondering if the motherboard of Z240 SFF is compatible with Intel 750 SSD. Does anyone have Intel 750 PCIe SSD installed on their Z240 SFF or any other Z Workstation? Thanks! NOS_ATX

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Auto-shutdown-issue-of-Z240-SFF-workstation-when-Intel-750/td-p/5696977
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Lately I m having trouble with XP sleep mode whereas normal shutdown vs. and Shutdown, XP related error Problems Normal Mode Sleep events occurs without any noticeable problems except for the known but infrequent issue with the system freezing up during shutdown for no apparent reason What happens with Problems XP Sleep Mode vs. Normal Shutdown, and related error events Sleep Mode Usually it goes into that mode without apparent problem except for the occasional freezing up mentioned above However after waking up the system and working for some time without any trouble suddenly the screen goes blank then the ill-famed quot Blue Screen of Death quot BSD flashes on then the system reboots When everything has started up again one gets the infamous Microsoft message asking to Problems XP Sleep Mode vs. Normal Shutdown, and related error events mail a report - the complying to which has never seemed to have any effect whatsoever over the years but that is beside the point Needless to say that all help - built-in or otherwise - from Microsoft is of no help whatsoever either Searching for possible problems in the log books there is one that in my case is recurring whatever the manner of shutting down the system has been and is a DCOM event This does not seem to have any effect on the system even though I cannot get rid of that blasted event whatever I may do Indeed the CSLID it is referring to for the record A E -EBB - E -AF A- A B E cannot be found anywhere under DCOm Config - so a repair is impossible even if this would help by the way before one can even begin to understand the Microsoft instructions concerning such an event one needs several degrees in computer science e g the undocumented reference to the so-called quot friendly name quot to give but one example of obtuse literature The only consolation is that this does not seem to impair my system I am not the only one having to cope with such idiocies judging from the several sites dedicated to this so-called event Disregarding this quot event quot there is another one that only occurs when there is the above-mentioned problem after a Sleep Mode situation - and that is - category Needless to say that Microsoft built-in help brings no solace even in Quantum quantities since all one gets there is a blank page of their help quot function quot Now my question s What is the matter with my sleep mode to repeat myself no problems with normal shutdown then starting the system again invariable crash sooner or later after waking up from Sleep Mode How can I alleviate or even eliminate the mentioned event even if I do not have any apparent problems with it - the computer works without a hitch Has the event something to do with the Sleep Mode problem If you need any technical elements please let me know Oh yes Standby Mode in my case invariably leads to crashes after waking up the system too Maybe the problems with Sleep and Standby are related Best regards Hakumaster nbsp

A:Problems XP Sleep Mode vs. Normal Shutdown, and related error events

Hello again!

After a thorough search - heavens, how convoluted can Microsoft get ? - I stumbled upon a MS article advertising a hotfix for exactly the problem encountered with the 1003 Cat 102 event (article 925922).

However, when receiving that hotfix, which is apparently quite new, MS says that it has not been thoroughly tested. What am I to do? Wait until they come up with yet another service pack (an unlikely event!) or just try my luck after all necessary precautions? In other words, has anyone had any previous experience with this?

Best regards,

Hakumaster

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-xp-sleep-mode-vs-normal-shutdown-and-related-error-events.772868/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I have a Compaq HP Presario F - AMD Athlon X Dual-Core processorTK- - NVIDIA GeForce M - GB RAM Just recently my computer refused to wake up from sleep mode When I closed the lid normally when i open it back up the power button flashes then when i touch the mouse it wakes back up The first time i noticed a problem the computer just took longer to wake up I sat there for a minute moving the cursor and pressing on buttons before it woke up The next time it went to sleep it didn't wake at all The power to in hard restart Once Sleep have mode, button keeps flashing but the touch pad seems to be disconnected or just off I do have a wireless mouse I have tried unplugging it before i put the comp to sleep without sucess I have tried updating my video card driver and the driver for the touch pad When i do a windows update it tells me there is an update for the touchpad but there is an error when i try to install it So far I have had to change my settings so that my computer never sleeps This seems like a solution that will eventually burn my Once in Sleep mode, have to hard restart computer out If anyone has any tips i'd appreciate them Once in Sleep mode, have to hard restart Let me know if you need any more information thanks Pete

A:Once in Sleep mode, have to hard restart

Welcome Pete
Just a coincidence, I just answered this question
Computer goes in coma

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290350-once-sleep-mode-have-hard-restart.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Since two weeks something strange is happening. My hard drives go into sleep mode and instantly come out of it. They won't stay in sleep mode. No matter what delay time I setup, they will behave like this. So even if I setup a time to sleep of 1 minute, you will hear them go to sleep and instantly come out of it every minute, continuously. This used to work perfectly before for months. I haven't installed anything new (except of Windows updates). I've checked with performance monitor if anything is accessing the drives but there's no drive activity whatsoever. I've also tried to shut down as many processes as possible but that didn't help either. The only thing I've changed three weeks ago was my video card (Radeon 6850 to GTX580) but I'm not sure that the issue started then. Just around two weeks ago I noticed the issue. Did anybody else experience something like this?

A:Hard drives won't stay in sleep mode

I've solved my problem. The solution, for people with the exact same problem, was to downgrade my Intel RST driver from 11.7 to 11.2.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/287715-hard-drives-wont-stay-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Ok, here's a strange problem. Many times, but not every time, when I put the computer into Standby mode and then next day come out of sleep, one of my hard drives is not recognized. I have 2 HD's, "C" with just windows and software and "D" with all my important stuff. I get an error msg that the Delayed Write Failed for "D" and when I look in windows explorer, the entire drive is missing. So I do a re-start of the system, and then it is all back to normal.

When I put the computer into sleep mode, I don't leave any open applications or unsaved documents.

To make this more confusing, the problem began only after replacing my video card and having some problems with sleep mode right after that. So, how do I know what is going on? Hard Drive failure, sleep mode problem, or video card???

A:Hard Drive or Sleep Mode Problem?

hmmmmmm..... nobody has heard of this? I really need to figure out what to do and I'm hoping someone can help. Sometimes my computer doesn't do this, but lately it is happening more. It even happened today - instead of putting it into sleep mode when i went to work I just shut it down (using the normal windows shutdown). When I turned it on the computer on one level seemed to recognize the hard drive because the chkdsk function came on during boot and it had to check the drive for "consistency" - then it said there was not enough space to store the lost data file (I have 25gb free!) and when windows started, the hard drive was no where to be found! So I went and re-booted again and it all came up fine.

The drive is working right now. But I am very concerned about it possibly failing. I am right now making a backup of all my important stuff onto another drive (external). I dont know what could cause this. where do I even begin????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-or-sleep-mode-problem.721084/
Relevancy 61.49%

Purchased refurbished Dell Optiplex SFF came with Win Performed update to Win I only use this machine for watching tv in a spare room so no important data No extra software bloatware antivirus etc is installed on it Only USB device is an IR receiver for remote control PROBLEM Put PC into SLEEP mode S in BIOS come back later and wake it up screen comes back I can use remote to navigate or just leave it alone then in reboot) coming after Sleep of mode Crash OUT (hard less than one minute the PC completely without warning or blue screen or anything shuts off and restarts Happens regardless of whether the tv software is running or not running Here is what I have done so far -Verify all devices in device manager are good -sfc scannow found nothing -ram test in BIOS found nothing -disable Hybrid Sleep windows power advanced -reseat ram into mobo slots -BIOS update from v to v -GPU drivers from whql to latest beta -tweaking various USB power settings in device manager -tweaking power settings for network adapter in device manager note I have an almost identical machine optiplex in another room and it is NOT having this wake from sleep issue Suggestions Anyone know how to check logs to see why it's rebooting like this Maybe try pulling ram sticks and testing sleep Anyone think trying a clean install would help or is this hardware

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41584-crash-hard-reboot-after-coming-out-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Unsure as to whether to post this here or in the hardware section but since this might be a software problem I figured I d try here first I have a Dell Laptop's not turn does mode drive off sleep hard l x which has an Laptop's sleep mode does not turn off hard drive SSD for the OS and some programs and a normal HDD for generic storage needs A few months ago a strange and annoying problem started occurring in that whenever I put the laptop into sleep mode either by closing the lid or by choosing it from the start menu times out of it will begin going into sleep mode the screen will go black turn off etc but the mechanical storage HDD will not spin down and turn off locking the laptop into this neither on nor off limbo state When this happens the only things I can do are hold the power Laptop's sleep mode does not turn off hard drive button to force shut down remove the battery or let the battery run dry The next time I power the laptop on I ll be greeted with the quot you didn t turn your computer off properly quot screen I figured this was a problem with the HDD itself as it was a few years old and was giving me other warning signs that it was on the way out such as labored clicking and grinding noises when made to do extensive data transfers So I saved a bit of money bought a new HDD even a different manufacturer to the original a Western Digital instead of seagate copied my data to it installed it only to discover that the problem STILL exists sleep mode is still unusable to me I can imagine that reinstalling windows will probably solve my issue however since it s currently loaded up with software I need going into my last semester of college I d rather try and avoid that if possible I ve already tried searching for a solution to this to no avail either my google-fu is just not up to scratch or I might literally be the only person with this issue Thanks in advance and hey as a bonus if you can solve the issue you might be an actual wizard EDIT Can t use signatures yet so heres my specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - MB Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc XN K Antivirus ESET NOD Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Laptop's sleep mode does not turn off hard drive

go to the Dell support site and complete an online diagnostic, then check for driver / bios updates for your laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptops-sleep-mode-does-not-turn-off-hard-drive.1145599/
Relevancy 61.06%

Right, I have a Seagate 250GB external hard drive that runs through a USB port on my Windows XP laptop.

The Hard drive Runs a auto 'Sleep' Mode after about 10 - 15 mins of not being accessed manually through the OS Folders. It then has to 'Wake-up' again which is affecting the way programs, music etc are run off of it.

Ive contacted Seagate and they say there isn't a way to disable this function, but there has to be something that can keep it 'awake' all the time.

So i thought I'd ask you guys, Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I've had this problem intermittently on my laptop for the past 2 years however it has been occuring more often recently.

Basically sometimes when I click the sleep button on Windows 7, the screen fades to black as usual. However the fan keeps running (sounds like when it's on full load) and the power button light stays on endlessly. I always have to force shut it down and restart it.

What can be the issue?
Thanks.

A:Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

Hi joseph10444.

Such a situation may occur when some driver (mostly the PnP device drivers depending on the ACPI configuration) fail to response within a stipulated time period during the power state change.

Let us see some data. Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
Upload the list of all the third party drivers Using NirSoft DriverView :
Download and execute Driverview
View > Hide Microsoft Drivers
Edit > Select all
File > Save Selected Items
In the Save dialog, Set the path to desktop, Put "Driverview" in the name field, and save.
Zip the .txt file and upload it.
Those files will give us a closer look to the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335394-laptop-freezes-between-entering-sleep-mode-being-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hai.. help needed.... i am having the exact problem as op.. when i press sleep button, screen goes black (as usual).. but fan, and other keyboard lights are still on... it just freezes... i have to force shutdown to again use my laptop...

i am attaching the msinfo32.nfo, driverview.txt...

and one more thing... i dont have problem of bsod... thanks..

A:Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

Original Thread

Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368428-laptop-freezes-between-entering-sleep-mode-being-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Please Help my windows shutdown when go to sleep ,,
Thanks really

A:Windows shutdown when go to sleep

The Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter driver is failing there.

Code:
fffff800`03c07558 fffff880`099899c3Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrx.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
athrx+0xd39c3
And the driver is old.

Code:
fffff880`098b6000 fffff880`09b68000 athrx T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: athrx.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrx.sys
Image name: athrx.sys
Timestamp: Mon Dec 12 18:32:13 2011 (4EE5FB55)
CheckSum: 002AF309
ImageSize: 002B2000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it from Drivers for Atheros AR9485WB and Windows 7

The display driver is also failing.

Code:
fffff800`03c07570 fffff880`08c11e44Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0x1bce44
Apply the latest version of nVidia display driver.
You may download it directly, from our forum link Latest NVIDIA ForceWare Video Drivers Windows 7; or you may opt for the Option 2 of Drivers- Download NVIDIA Drivers for ?Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products? (it requires java installed).

Intel RST is also failing here.

Code:
fffff800`03c07868 fffff880`0187f31fUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStor.sys
iaStor+0x2e31f
Get rid of intel rapid storage. First uninstall it from Control Panel > Programs and Features. Then Uninstall the driver from device manager.
Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one Intel device item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all Intel items under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate native system driver.
Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :

Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.

Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Uninstall these programs too ....
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\ASUS FaceLogon
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\ASUS Splendid Utility
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\ASUS WebStorage
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AsusVibe
Start Menu\Programs\Connectify
As you are getting BSODs, better you uninstall Kaspersky using Kaspersky Removal Tool, at least as a test. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.
Seatool for dos: SeaTools | Seagate downloadBurn it in a blank cd. boot fr... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291629-windows-shutdown-when-go-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a desktop system with 8 gb ram , 1 tb hdd, i5. When i click on sleep , it locks the session instead and when i click on shutdown , it restarts.

I have tried making changes in power management with no luck. I tried sfc scan with no result. I have attached few snapshots of event viewer. I tried closing two events which were causing the stand by problem , but nothing happened. This is happening for a week now and its frustrating as i only got two options either keep it on all day or pull the plug. Windows update is on.

Please suggest me how to fix this problem.

A:windows 7 does neither sleep nor shutdown

Try going to the wifi card maker or the computer makers support pages for your model and reinstall the wifi driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-does-neither-sleep-nor-shutdown-908570.html
Relevancy 58.05%

After when I sleep and when I press the button or sometimes I just after 7 & Can't in shutdown windows more sleep problems touch the keyboard it will turn on After turning it on the programs seems to work but the usb port doesn't seem to appear or work Or Usually when I hold on the window button and press quot E quot button usually Can't shutdown after sleep in windows 7 & more problems a window will pop up and let us go through my folder but this doesn't it just pops up and loads forever like frozen I would though that when I go to task manager and end process explorer nad open new task it still doesn't work Or after sleep I just want to shutdown it or restart it would be frozen and it won't shutdown or restart I after manually hold the button to turn the pc off Just to let people know I can still go to start and a program 'anything' will work or surf on internet but if i open a folder on the desktop then it just stays frozen If anybody can help me solve all of these problems of mine I would be very thankful for your help

A:Can't shutdown after sleep in windows 7 & more problems

Taking a wild stab at this one but... sounds to me like something might be screwy in your BIOS? If possible, load the defaults and try again.

You might find something helpful in this thread. It would help quite a bit if you fill out your system specs, as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/10396-cant-shutdown-after-sleep-windows-7-more-problems.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have seen a lot of these topics around but I can't see to find any that answer the question won't 7 or Shutdown, Sleep, Windows Hibernate Windows will will shutdown if I hold down the power button however it will not shutdown when manually hitting quot Shutdown quot or just pushing the power button once Everything looks normal when it's shutting down it says it's shutting down The Windows 7 won't Shutdown, Sleep, or Hibernate lights on the case and fans go off the fans shut off yet a few seconds after the fans shutdown completely the computer magically starts back up again So it does shutdown technically all the signs are there but it starts back up Aside from the shutdown feature not working sleep doesn't work I don't use hibernate because I don't Windows 7 won't Shutdown, Sleep, or Hibernate want to waste SSD write cycles When I put the computer into sleep mode it shuts down the fans and lights however just like the shutdown issue the computer powers itself back on wake on LAN is off Even though it is powered on it isn't out of sleep mode None of the peripheral devices work and I can't get the monitors to turn back on therefore I have to hard boot the computer by holding down the power button When I turn the computer back on it is back where I left it before I put it into sleep mode None of this makes since to me so I came here for help Side note System Restore is turned off

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-wont-shutdown-sleep-or-hibernate-655454.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have seen a lot of these topics around but I can t see to find any that answer the question Windows Hibernate or won't Windows 7 Sleep, Shutdown, will will shutdown if I hold down the power button however it will not shutdown when manually hitting quot Shutdown quot or just pushing the power button once Everything looks normal when it s shutting down it says it s shutting down The lights on the case and fans go off the fans shut off yet a few seconds after the fans Windows 7 won't Shutdown, Sleep, or Hibernate shutdown completely the computer magically starts back up again So it does shutdown technically all the signs are there but it starts back up Aside from the shutdown feature not working sleep doesn t work I don Windows 7 won't Shutdown, Sleep, or Hibernate t use hibernate because I don t want to waste SSD write cycles When I put the computer into sleep mode it shuts down the fans and lights however just like the shutdown issue the computer powers itself back on wake on LAN is off Windows 7 won't Shutdown, Sleep, or Hibernate Even though it is powered on it isn t out of sleep mode None of the peripheral devices work and I can t get the monitors to turn back on therefore I have to hard boot the computer by holding down the power button When I turn the computer back on it is back where I left it before I put it into sleep mode None of this makes since to me so I came here for help Side note System Restore is turned off King nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I am having trouble with my laptop running Windows 10. I have an SSD so the computer takes only a few seconds to start up; however, shutting down or going to sleep can take 5 or more minutes. What is odd, hibernation is almost instantaneous.

This issue has been going on since I first did a clean install of Windows 10, so I am pretty sure it is not some 3rd party software that is interfering.

I have tried looking through Event Viewer to see if I can find the issue, I just am not great at understanding what is going on there.

Any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-slow-to-shutdown-and-sleep.1163212/
Relevancy 57.62%

Not sure where to post this ... hence new thread.
Has anyone found a magic keystroke combination for "Sleep" or is there anyway to create one? I know about Win+I then Power then Sleep.

Has anyone found an option to stop scheduled tasks or other triggers that "Wake" your computer from sleep? I find my computer running in the morning after putting it to sleep at the end of the previous evening! I have reviewed all 41 scheduled tasks created by Windows and installed applications and "apps" and found none that have the Wake Computer check box checked. What's annoying is the fact that once woken the computer does not go back to sleep again! I am using the supplied balanced Power plan. Any advice?

KJ

A:Windows 8 Sleep, Wake, Restart and Shutdown

I use this approach to the various "power" options. Check your wake on lan settings in Device Manager > for your various network adapters. Also, check wan on lan setting in BIOS or, I suppose, UEFI.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/18096-windows-8-sleep-wake-restart-shutdown.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Since about a week sleep shutdown 10 restart, won't or Windows desktop my PC is unable to fully shut down sleep or even restart Upon trying Windows 10 desktop won't restart, sleep or shutdown any of these my monitor shuts down as normal and a part of the PC does Windows 10 desktop won't restart, sleep or shutdown too I can hear something shutting down in the hardware but the PC is still on as indicated by the power button LED sleep blinking restart shutdown solid I have to turn it off manually by holding down the power button for -ish seconds I have googled and tried some things so far including Re nstalling mobo drivers of MSI This includes Intel chipset drivers Reset my power plan to balanced default Disabled Windows fast boot option Disabled hibernate via cmd Rollbacked graphics card drivers Updated graphics card drivers Set BIOS to default Upon saving and rebooting from BIOS the computer froze Monitor did not turn off and was stuck on the BIOS screen Computer did not turn off in the slightest Here is an energy report I got from quot powercfg -energy quot Energy report - Pastebin com Here is the output from quot powercfg -a quot with disabled enabled hibernation using quot powercfg h on off quot Hibernation - Pastebin com I have come to the point where I am afraid to do anything further I do not want to damage my PC by trying to fix this myself I hope you can help me as I am rather puzzled about this On another note when I want to update my BIOS via MSI Live Update the installation is unsuccessful and it prompts me to install quot Intel ME Drivers quot I tried to do this but was unsuccessful as well

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-desktop-wont-restart-sleep-or-shutdown-1153801.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have been trying to figure this out for awhile now.  Any time I try to shutdown my computer, put it to sleep or hibernate it just hangs then crashes.  I have tried different video drivers, Windows updates and lots of searching around.  I do have an SSD drive with the operating system and a few apps and a secondary platter drive for storage and other apps.  I think it has something to do with that setup and also a driver. 

I am new to this forum so please let me know what other information I can provide.  For some reason I cannot paste into the forum post so I am attaching my BlueScreenView BSOD output and a link to my Speccy profile.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

A:Windows 8.1 cannot shutdown, sleep or hibernate, BSOD

Suggest you go back to using Windows 8.  Only way that 8.1 is not going to work properly, is if you did not install the device drivers for the computer.  Your Speccy is garbage.  Suggest you go to your computer or motherboard manufacturer's website and see if they have Windows 8 device drivers available.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509851/windows-81-cannot-shutdown-sleep-or-hibernate-bsod/
Relevancy 57.62%

I want to preface or 8.1, shutdown Windows to won't sleep. computer Upgraded this by the saying that I have searched all over the internet Upgraded to Windows 8.1, computer won't shutdown or sleep. and nothing that I have found and tried works Here is an energy diagnostic No idea what to do anymore Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report Computer Name STORMTROOPER Scan Time - - T Z Scan Duration seconds System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Product Name System Product Name BIOS Date BIOS Version OS Build Platform Role PlatformRoleDesktop Plugged In true Process Count Thread Count Report GUID f e f -e d- cf - faa-d f d c Analysis Results Errors Power Policy Power Plan Personality is High Performance Plugged In The current power plan personality is High Performance when the system is plugged in Power Policyisk idle is disabled Plugged In The disk is not configured to turn off after a period of disk inactivity Power Policy Minimum processor performance state is Plugged In The processor is not configured to automatically reduce power consumption based on activity Power Policy PCI Express ASPM is disabled Plugged In The current power policy for PCI Express Active State Power Management ASPM is configured to Off USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping Device Name USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN B amp DEV Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID BC amp PID AB Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping Device Name USB Mass Storage Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN B amp DEV Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID B C amp PID A A Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C D Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID C D Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID C Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping Device Name USB Printing Support Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID F amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping Device Name Generic USB Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor power management may b... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55821-upgraded-windows-8-1-computer-wont-shutdown-sleep.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I upgraded from Windows 7 (64-Bit) to 8 (64-Bit).
When I had 7 it took about 10 seconds to boot, but now it can take anywhere from 2-5 mins, also it doesn't shutdown (I have to hold down the power button) and it never sleeps (the screen goes off but the laptop remains running)

Does anyone know what is happening and how this can be fixed?

Thanks a bunch -Jack

A:Windows 8 hangs on boot & shutdown, and won't sleep

Since you did an upgrade from Windows 7. There's a lot of things can happen
Outdated BIOS. Make sure you have the latestOld drivers that were carried over to Windows 8. Make sure you update the latest driversRegistry entries contains invalid valuesApplications are incompatible. Re-install applications with the latest versions
And the list goes on........

Windows 8 suppose to boot up & Shutdown a lot faster than Windows 7 provided if you are doing right. It is always advisable to do a fresh install to avoid future complication.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22257-windows-8-hangs-boot-shutdown-wont-sleep.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have seen a lot of these topics around but I can't see to find any that answer the question Windows will will shutdown if I hold down the power sleep-hibernate or Windows doesnt 7 shutdown..:( button however it will not shutdown when manually hitting quot Shutdown quot or just pushing the power button once Everything looks normal when it's shutting down it says it's shutting down The lights on the case and fans go off the fans shut off yet a few seconds after the fans shutdown completely the computer magically starts back up again So it does shutdown technically all the signs are there but it starts back up Aside from the shutdown feature not working sleep doesn't work I don't use hibernate because I don't want to waste SSD write cycles When I put the computer into sleep mode it shuts down the fans and Windows 7 doesnt sleep-hibernate or shutdown..:( lights however just like the shutdown issue the computer powers itself back on wake on LAN is off Even though it is powered on it isn't out of sleep mode None of the peripheral devices work and I can't get the monitors to turn back on therefore I have to hard boot the computer by holding down the power button When I turn the computer back on it is back where I left it before I put it into sleep mode None of this makes since to me so I came here for help Side note System Restore is turned off

A:Windows 7 doesnt sleep-hibernate or shutdown..:(

It's often a piece of incompatible hardware which prevents sleep or shutdown from operating normally, unless it used to work properly until recently, in which case it may be necessary to repair your Windows installation.

Start off by running the System File Checker:

Start >> Run

Type SFC /SCANNOW

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-doesnt-sleep-hibernate-or-shutdown-655545.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there I wonder if you are able to help About a week ago my beloved Dell Laptop died so I have quickly had to buy a second hand replacement due to and Issues Laptop Waking Shutdown, Sleep Up 7 Windows financial constraints The quot new Laptop quot is as follows - Acer Emachine E AMD Athlon TF- GHz GB Ram Windows Home Premium Service Pack GB Harddrive It has been bought with a fresh install of Windows but on a nearly daily basis when turning the Laptop on it has asked for many updates For example days ago it asked for Essential updates yesterday and today Is this normal I can understand when a fresh copy was loaded maybe updates were not done but they seem tobe more everyday The main problem I am having is is turning it off I have found if I put the Laptop into Sleep or Hibernate when I wake the computer it has a blank screen and won t wake up I have started to use Shutdown but most nights the computer turns itself on in the middle of the night and when I try to open the lid again iI have the same problem and it won t wake So on every occasion I have to turn it off and so it restarts with the would I like to turn on in safe mode I am sure this is not very good for the laptop I have not used Windows before and Windows 7 Laptop Shutdown, Waking Up and Sleep Issues really can t find a solution online Windows 7 Laptop Shutdown, Waking Up and Sleep Issues Any help would be very much appreciated before I go mad or try and get my money back Kind Regards Richard nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Folks. As the title says, I have had my laptop since xmas but only in the last month has this occured. After hibernating or sleeping i return to the desktop, often after many hours as I have been at work, and find the error "windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown"

Can anyone recommend steps to stop this happening?

speccy - 
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ujwkOPjJubmBLgawXAFBNAU

A:"windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" after hibernate/sleep!

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528888/windows-has-recovered-from-an-unexpected-shutdown-after-hibernatesleep/
Relevancy 56.76%

My laptop suffers from BSOD after selecting Hibernate/Sleep option. The computer stays on for some time then gets switched off. After the computer switched on again the computer starts from beginning stating whether I want to safe start/ safe start with command prompt/ ..../ start windows normally. After windows starts I get an error message that There was an unexpected shutdown. This happens every time I select Hibernate/Sleep.

Need help. I often need to hibernate my work and without that option working it is difficult to find any other way.
There hasn't been any recent unusual installations. My windows is updated and I don't normally fiddle with the registry.

I am using a Sony Vaio Laptop Model Number VPCEB46FG

A:BSOD after Windows & is Hibernated/ Sleep and Unexpecetd Shutdown

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305510-bsod-after-windows-hibernated-sleep-unexpecetd-shutdown.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Ok so I ve been experiencing some driver issues lately and I ve already updated them up to Dell s standards on their website under my laptop version This seemed to fix my shutdown issue however my computer won t wake up from sleep or hibernation I made sure my power and sleep settings under control panel was all good so this was defiantly a driver issue From everyone else having this problem told me to roll back the Intel Management Engine Interface from x x to Dell Problem Shutdown/Sleep Won't 10 17R Windows Inspiron 5737 x x nbsp I did this however it still won t wake up from sleep or hibernation nbsp I ve tried multiple versions of this x x driver Even MEI all the way to the latest nbsp A MEI I ve Dell Inspiron 17R 5737 Won't Shutdown/Sleep Windows 10 Problem been reading forums and it seems that some people with my make and model have the same issue I don t think this laptop has any compatible drivers for Windows bit Dell Inspiron 17R 5737 Won't Shutdown/Sleep Windows 10 Problem and I won t consider downgrading So please help me I m stuck

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19974539
Relevancy 56.33%

Computer Dell Latitude E running Windows Professional When the user clicks start - gt shutdown gt The shutdown restart sleep and hibernate buttons are all greyed out This is actually the second user we've had with this issue with For the first user I fixed the problem using the below gpedit msc fix but for this other user it doesn't change anything gpedit msc fix quot User Configuration - gt Administrative Templates - gt Start Menu and Taskbar - gt Restart, Sleep Windows - out and Shutdown, Hibernate 7 buttons greyed Remove and prevent access to the Shut Down Restart Sleep and Hibernate commands quot to Disabled I've also tried adding Windows 7 - Shutdown, Restart, Sleep and Hibernate buttons greyed out the following registry keys HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer created a bit DWORD named NoClose and set the option to nbsp HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer created a bit DWORD Windows 7 - Shutdown, Restart, Sleep and Hibernate buttons greyed out named NoClose and set the option to Lastly I have scanned the machine with two different anti-virus programs and each found no issues I can't get the shutdown option to not be greyed out Anyone have any suggestions I haven't tried already Thanks VinnyVinny http www intermedia net

A:Windows 7 - Shutdown, Restart, Sleep and Hibernate buttons greyed out

AHA, I found in gpedit.msc under Computer Configuration -> Windows Setting -> Security Setting -> Local Policies -> User Right Assignment is a control for Shutdown, and the group "Users" was not in the list.
I can't test to see if this worked as the computer is in NY, I'm in California and I have disconnected my OCS session, so I will update tomorrow when the user gets into work. Maybe this did the trick???Vinny http://www.intermedia.net

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f2c22cfe-968e-4933-9f0b-2edfb8a84d87/windows-7-shutdown-restart-sleep-and-hibernate-buttons-greyed-out?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi My Win PC has recently stopped powering off in sleep mode I ran powercfg energy in command prompt which gave me a report with errors which state quot USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend quot and one which says quot Platform Power Management Capabilities PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM Disabled PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer quot I have googled for answers as much as I can but with my very low level IT experience I've yet to fix the problem So far I've tried updating drivers for all USB devices in device manager they were all apparently up to date checked powersave options Can somebody suggest other things I should look into 7 going Windows mode to sleep not The main point is that to the best of my knowledge I haven't installed anything new or changed any settings on my PC I've been away for a month but it was powering down fine the first few days on my return I'm wondering Windows 7 not going to sleep mode if some kind of software update could be the cause but what I'm most worried about is if I've had some kind of a security breach during Windows 7 not going to sleep mode the course of trawling the internet I'm using Bit Defender on auto pilot mode nothing's been Windows 7 not going to sleep mode reported so far Hope someone can enlighten me Thanks for your time

A:Windows 7 not going to sleep mode

Additional info:
I just witnessed something else - the PC DOES power down after 30mins of idleness, but then immediately powers up again (I can hear the fan whirring even though the pc and monitor appear to be in sleep mode).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-not-going-to-sleep-mode-694391.html
Relevancy 55.47%

wreaks havoc with my Norton full system scan. It is scheduled weekly, but never does it, because my computer is on, but sleeping. How can I get the scan to not stop during sleep mode or scan if it's in sleep mode? I having to constantly unsleep my computer or change my control panel settings then change it back. I can't find where to do this...which is completely stupid that it even does this IMO.

Thanks.

Relevancy 55.47%

I have had my Dell xps8700 for about one year and I still can't figure out why it won't go into sleep mode from the desktop.  It will if I leave it in the log on window.  Any ideas?

A:Windows 10 sleep mode

1. Right click the Start's button at the left bottom of page ( or press windows key plus X key at the same time).
2. Click Power Option
3. Click " Change when computer sleep "

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19676493
Relevancy 55.47%

I`ve only started using windows 7 with a while but i noticed that if i`m downloading something with flashget the pc goes into sleep mode if i`m not doing anything else with the pc. When i come back to it and take it out of sleep mode and log in the download continues but the download was stopped while the pc was in sleep mode.
Is there a way of turning off sleep mode while an application is running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-sleep-mode.880068/
Relevancy 55.47%

I installed Widows 10 last night on my HP 15 Notebook and have had several issues. Most I have been able to resolve. I have noticed now that my laptop will not wake from sleep mode. I am having to power it down competely if it is in sleep mode. I have made sure that the keyboard is set to wake it and it is still not responding. Any hints as how to fix this?Thanks!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:windows 10 sleep mode

I have an Envy x360, and Mingy's solution worked for me as well! Here are the steps to follow... - On the Desktop, right-click on This PC and select Properties- On the left, choose Device Manager- Click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that category- Right-click on Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and select Update Driver Software...- Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software- Your computer should find and automatically install the updated driver- After the installation is complete, restart your computer I'm now able to successfully shut down, sleep, and resume from sleep! Hope this helps others with the same issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-10-sleep-mode/td-p/5170873
Relevancy 55.47%

I am trying to get my PC to be woken from sleep by the keyboard. My keyboard and mouse are both USB devices so I have gone into my bios to enable USB devices to wake PC from sleep.

Now though my PC wont go into sleep mode all it does is breifly enter sleep mode then straight away comes back out of it, is there any thing that can be done to get around this problem.

From what I can gather there is no fix for this, but as there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum I thought I would ask.

A:Sleep mode in Windows 7

Try this one.
Hibernate - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/93829-sleep-mode-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When my widows goes to sleep I can not wake it up with the mouse,
I have to re-boot.
I have looked for the last hour & can not find where to disable it.

Can some one tell me where to look???

Thank You
PaPa

Relevancy 55.47%

hi guys,

my pc used to be fine before and could go into sleep mode (s1-s3) without any issues. Recently though I've noticed that it stays awake in Windows 8. Don't get me wrong, even now, sometimes it works fine, but on other occasions nothing happens.

I've tried a lot of stuff:-

registry hack to disable ipv6
switch off any computers that are on the network
using powercfg checked what devices were enabled and cancelled them all

What else can I do?

Relevancy 55.47%

Computer Won't goto sleep ?
here is why and how to fix it

By default Windows 7 has media sharing turned on ( for xbox , ps3) ect

this pervents it from going into standby Mode

The Fix is Simple

Open control panel and goto

Power Options > change Plan settings > Advanced Power Settings

+Sleep
Allow hybrid Sleep > disabled
Allow wake timers > disable/enable try both settings

+USB
USB selective suspend > ENABLE

+When Shareing media [ This is the critical one ]

Set to allow the computer to sleep

A:Windows 7 SLEEP MODE FIX !

arrrrr thanks alot man works a treat was wondering what settings would work thank you very much. OH! thought it was put the pc to sleep then when it starts back up it takes to the password page saying password locked then it wont let me put my password in at all so i have to manually power it off and back on again before it will reconize my pass any idea ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/18329-windows-7-sleep-mode-fix.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I think I have tried everything but windows 10 will not go into sleep mode without manually doing it from the start/power button, has anybody struck this issue and have they resolved it? any help would be appreciated

A:Windows 10 sleep mode

You mean automatically or from the start menu? The sleep button in the start menu appears when you've installed all of the updates for Windows 10. If you want Windows 10 to sleep automatically after a certain amount of time, you will need to go into the Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Change when the computer sleeps. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586508/windows-10-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello there I upgraded from Windows automatically without a fresh install Before I upgraded Windows would go into sleep mode after minutes of inactivity Since then I have tried many things to get sleep mode to work This is my powercfg -energy report Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report Computer Name MEDIACENTRE-PC Scan Time - - T Z Scan Duration seconds System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Product Name Z X-UD P-B BIOS Date BIOS Version F OS Build Platform Sleep Mode 10 Windows Role PlatformRoleDesktop Plugged In true Process Count Thread Count Report GUID dc e- a - eb-a - afb e Analysis Results Errors Power Policyower Plan Personality is High Performance Plugged In Windows 10 Sleep Mode The current power plan personality is High Performance when the system is plugged in Power Policy Minimum processor performance state is Plugged In The processor is not configured to automatically reduce power consumption based on activity Power PolicyCI Express ASPM is disabled Plugged In The current power policy for PCI Express Active State Power Management ASPM is configured to Off System Availability Requests System Required Request The device or driver has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep Driver Name FileSystem srvnet USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping Device Name USB Input Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C D Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID D amp PID C Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping Device Name USB Composite Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID D amp PID C Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID C Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping Device Name USB Composite Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C D Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping Device Name Generic USB Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C D Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV C D Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID C D Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state Processor powe... Read more

A:Windows 10 Sleep Mode

try this, it worked for someone the other day
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/35767-sleep-return-timeout-unattended-wake-up.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-sleep-mode.1161433/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello just installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago and coming from Windows 7 I really love it had to get a book because it's so much to learn but I'm really enjoying it. The only problem I'm really having is that after installing a few applications windows
10 is now not going into the sleep mode. I read on Cnet about this problem that it might be an application that's running that's not allowing Windows to possibly go into the sleep mode. Hoping someone can help point me in the right direction to get this resolved.
Why is there no forum for Windows !0?? Hope I'm in the right place. Thanks!

Tom j.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/20a7da49-fbc0-44b6-8096-a87d632bec35/windows-10-not-going-into-sleep-mode?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 55.04%

Dear Support Team,I want to procure HP Z240 workstation for  one of my project. The online datasheet shows that it comes up with only Windows 7 or Windows 10. But my system requirement is with Windows 8.1. Can HP Z240 haedware allows me to use it with Windows 8.1, if I purchase windows seperatley.RegardsWaqas Khalid

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Windows-8-1-for-HP-Z240/td-p/5767910
Relevancy 55.04%

My computer shutsdown and does not sleep. I then get an abnormal shutdown screen when I restart. My dump file is attached.
SYSTEM: Intel DQ45EK, E8400 CPU not overclocked, 2 GIGS mem, Crucial 240mb SSD, no external cards on motherboard.
According to Driver Detective, all my drivers are up to date.
Please help as I feel a catastrophic crash may be coming.
Thank You....................

A:Windows shutsdown when going to sleep mode

This may seem really simple, but have you checked the power options in the control panel?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334922-windows-shutsdown-when-going-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Brand new Windows 7 system from Dell and I have a problem almost every time I try & bring it out of sleep mode. Occasionally, it won't come out at all. Frequently, it will come out, allow me to enter my password, the desktop appears ok, but then everything completely freezes. Once, it has also adjusted my monitor resolutions. Every time, a hard reset is needed. Anyone any ideas please?

A:Windows freezes after it comes out of sleep mode

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352098/windows-freezes-after-it-comes-out-of-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello. I have HP Pavillion laptop. I also have Vista. I have never had this issue before. But when I put my computer to sleep, i can wake it up but there will be nothing on the screen and I can't do anything. When I close the laptop and open it, it gives me the same issue. I set it to sleep when I close the laptop. I think it may be due to a recent file that I deleted. Every time I boot my pc I get this icon in my taskbar that says some start up programs have been blocked. In my case there was only one. I don't remember what it was called but I do know that it starts with the letter "g" and ends with a number. What can I do?

A:Windows Vista Sleep Mode

by the way when I said nothing on the screen, i meant that it would be blank. The screen would be black. It looks like my screen saver. My screensaver is blank. So it gave me a blank screen. And just now I found out that after a little while if I move the mouse again, then the desktop shows up. So there is a really long delay when i wake the pc up from sleep mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-sleep-mode-369365.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a windows 7 PC with Asus m5a99fx motherboard. I can go into sleep mode manually from the shutdown button, but it won't go automatically from setting it up in power options. I have tried going to Advanced Settings and adjusting multimedia settings, and turning off Media Streaming in network settings. Nothing has worked to allow auto sleep mode. I also have the latest driver for my ATI Radeon HD 5450 video card. When I go to CMD and put in "powercfg -energy" I get a message that says energy efficiency problems were found, 8errors, 4 warnings, 14 informational. Anyone have any suggestions?

A:Windows 7 won't automatically go into sleep mode.

If you have a programmable keyboard or some other convenient way to launch commands you can use this command to put your system to sleep immediately:

rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343703-windows-7-wont-automatically-go-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My laptop Imprint 15-be001tx is not able to restart from the sleep mode and when i try to again restart it, it shows narrow white vertical lines and i cannot get out from that mode and only solution to get out of it is to restart the PC. so i am not able to save  my work.I bought this laptop just 8 days  ago. Thanks!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-10-sleep-mode-not-getting-restart/td-p/5728625
Relevancy 55.04%

Since my upgrade to Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7, I can't access either the sleep or hibernate feature of my laptop. Whenever I try to go to 'sleep' or 'hibernate', the laptop shuts down after which I have to start it all over again. I did not face this problem with Windows 8 Consumer Review.

Anyone aware with the solution, please help.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14976-windows-8-sleep-mode-problem.html
Relevancy 55.04%

HP Envy17
Windows 7 x 64

Many times when trying to put the computer to sleep, it either does not sleep or it will sleep but when I re-open the lid all lights and power comes on but the screen does not. This forces me to shut down the machine by removing the battery, thereby losing my work.

Any help is appreciated!

A:Sleep mode issues - Windows 7 x64

You may have to update the video drivers if you can...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sleep-mode-issues-windows-7-x64.178471/
Relevancy 55.04%

I've been having quite a few problems with my laptop recently and it all started with a software I downloaded so I'll list in order of what happened - I have mode - Vista Windows Sleep a HP Pavillion DV which I bought a year ago no problems apart from a faulty motherboard which I had fixed - I recently downloaded a software known as rocketdock which is nothing more than a copy of the Apple Mac scroll bar that has all the icons - I then managed to delete my videos folder by accident and as it was too large it was not kept in the recycling bin - I downloaded a programme known as quot glaryundelete quot that retrieves lost documents and files and got a few of my word documents and a few videos back but some videos were corrupt - I deleted glaryundelete and rocketdock as my general speed of my laptop decreased for some reason Problems now - My windows aero theme has vanished for some reason and I think this has something to Windows Vista - Sleep mode do with system configuration where I Windows Vista - Sleep mode changed a few startup settings but I don't remember the original ones - My laptop does not go into sleep mode I've never had problems with the sleep mode but all of a sudden it Windows Vista - Sleep mode no longer does that when I close the lid or press sleep button I've had a look at the power plan settings they are all perfectly normal and according to them it should go into sleep mode but it still doesn't Does anyone know what's going on or has faced similar problems Any help would be much appreciated thanks

A:Windows Vista - Sleep mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by DB20

I then managed to delete my videos folder by accident and as it was too large, it was not kept in the recycling bin

Is it possible to "system restore" to to that point?

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-sleep-mode-442992.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I just upgraded my computer to a new mobo and CPU and for some reason sleep mode won t work I can put the computer in sleep mode but it won t wake up Everything turns on Fans hard drive PSU Windows 7 Sleep mode working not but no picture on the monitor Also no BSOD error After typing in CMD and running as Admin then typing powercfg -a the results were this The system firmware does not support this standby state Has anyone have a clue how Sleep mode not working Windows 7 to fix this cause everything is all up to date with a clean install of Windows bit Or does it mean Windows don t like the new CPU I don t have to use sleep mode but I rather use it if I can See picture below Besides this small problem the computer works great very fast I was told by AMD tech that this CPU can go up to GHz stable and he said everything is set right I had the CPU core voltage set at V I ran AMD Overdrive for hours with no errors at this setting GHz V System spec s custom built by me Windows home premium bit Retail GB Kingston HyperX Genesis KHX C D K GX MHz Sapphire Radeon HD XFX HD- A-ZNFC Juniper XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x video card ASUS M A AM AMD SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS AMD FX- Zambezi GHz Socket AM W Six-Core Desktop Processor FD WMGUSBX OC ed to GHz Western Digital wd ears Caviar Green tb sata Backup Kingston SSDNOW V SVP S GB SATA SSD drive Main boot drive Cooler Master Elite Case Cooler Master V with dual mm LED fans LG Flatron E Super Full HD LED inch monitor Cooler Master Silent Pro M W power supply LG CH LS Blu-ray reader DVD burner nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

does anyone knows how could I download anything while still keeping my system(windows 8) in sleep?
and also anyone knows other useful things with the sleep option?

A:sleep mode options in windows 8

Sometimes it wakes up at about 3am and does secret stuff while you're sleeping.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/21415-sleep-mode-options-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

No matter what I tried, I can't get my computer to stay in sleep mode. I have disabled what devices wake my computer, but oddly, its like it dose not save the option.

I want to have my keyboard only awake my computer from sleep mode, however, I have uncheck the option to allow my mouse to wake the device but nothing seems to work.

What can I do?

A:Windows 7 won't stay in sleep mode.

Check the CMOS/BIOS Setup to see if there is anything in there such as "Wake on LAN" etc., that also will need to be disabled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-wont-stay-in-sleep-mode-893066.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have two different WIN computers here doing exactly the same thing They go into sleep mode and frequently don't come out Occasionally on my machine the OS has a message that says that the Video Driver had become unresponsive but it was successfully restarted then it asks if I want to see if there is any answer for my trouble at MS central I have never heard anything back from that My computer is built on an ASUS P B deluxe with mode Windows sleep 7 Crashes in the bios recently updated My wife's is build on an Intel motherboard and they both have Windows 7 Crashes in sleep mode the E processor and they are not over clocked Memory in one is Gbytes and Gbytes in the other The common thing is that we both have NVIDIA GT Windows 7 Crashes in sleep mode graphics cards I have the most recent NVIDIA drivers which are dated November of this year - The OS is Windows bit and both machines Windows 7 Crashes in sleep mode were set up with a fresh install When I change the power settings for constant run the systems are stable It's the sleep mode that is killing them I rather would like to have the sleep mode working The MiniDump Analysis of crashes of my machine are all the same On Sun AM your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x F x xFFFFFA F xFFFFF B C xFFFFFA DE E Error DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time

A:Windows 7 Crashes in sleep mode

The dump file that you uploaded blames yk62x64.sys - a component of your Marvell Yukon networking card's drivers.

Please download a fresh copy from the Marvell website
Then uninstall the current copy
Then install the fresh copy

Additionally, these drivers are older and should be updated from the manufacturer's website:

Code:
adfs.SYS Thu Jun 26 16:52:37 2008 - Adobe File System driver
ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005 - Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility
We'll need the rest of the minidumps in order to perform a more complete assessment.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/52110-windows-7-crashes-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

After replacing XP Pro after major crash, with another XP Pro OS I am no longer able to put my Dell laptop to sleep. Can someone tell me how I can
find the instructions to bring up sleep and/or hibernation. Laptop won't turn
off unless I completely shut it down.

A:[SOLVED] Sleep Mode in Windows XP

Is there a Hibernate tag on your Power Options?

Start -> Control Panel -> Power Options -> Hibernate tag

Check Enable Hibernation

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-sleep-mode-in-windows-xp-606158.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Since my upgrade to Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7, I can't access either the sleep or hibernate feature of my laptop. Whenever I try to go to 'sleep' or 'hibernate', the laptop shuts down after which I have to start it all over again. I did not face this problem with Windows 8 Consumer Review.

Anyone aware with the solution, please help.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14976-windows-8-sleep-mode-problem.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My computer lately runs really slow on a sporadic basis so I tried doing a registry cleaning and optimization with WinThruster. While it didn't fix my computer's slowness, I've had a new annoying problem pop up.

Every time it goes into sleep mode and I try to access it through logging in, my computer doesn't go straight back to Windows 10 and instead it just loops back into the login screen. It does this even if I input my password or if I just press enter without inputting anything at all. I would have to restart my computer everytime in order to login properly which is annoying. Occasionally I also have the same problem when just turning my computer on, so I'd have to restart. I'd like to be able to properly login from sleep mode again.

A:Can't access Windows 10 from sleep mode

OK, I thought it was just me, but since the AU when I put my machine in 'Sleep', and then later try to revive it, it doesn't come out of sleep and I have to do a hard shut-off, from which it doesn't always completely boot-up, but occasionally hangs, so that I have to do the 'F9' Restore to get it to actually boot into Windows . . .
As a temporary fix I am just not using 'Sleep' for right now . . .
-Anyone else?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61749-cant-access-windows-10-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello friends .. i am using windows 10 since last two weeks..since installation i am facing this issue .. my pc goes into sleep mode without any reason..suppose i am working on anything ..like i am watching you tube videos or anything..suddenly my screen changes to black and my pc then goes into sleep mode..then i press the power button ..and it again resume the windows... i dont know why it is happening ..i tried everything .like updated the drivers and other settings..but no results ..please help me if you can.. !!

A:Windows 10 automatically goes in sleep mode!!

Did you try Settings/System/Power/Sleep?
Just passing by!!!!

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/20914-windows-10-automatically-goes-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Yesterday, I just let my pc worked in sleep mode within a night. Today, i woke up and saw that my my pc freeze there and not resume at all, the symptoms--:
1. the mouse LED light no respond.
2. the hard disk red LED light completely keep in bright status
3. touched any buttons on keyboard, still remain in unresponsiveness.

Does windows 7 sleep mode still buggy or what? any ways to solve it? I need this feature...

PC details
1. Intel C2D E7200
2. Asus p5k se/epu motherboard with latest bios 0501
3. HD3850 512RAM GDDR3
4. Seagate 320gb sata II disk drive
5. NIC: level-one FNC-0113TX
6. 500w real power sliverstone PSU.

A:windows 7 sleep mode freeze....

Hi,

I have the same problem with my newly installed copy of Win7 Pro. Disconnecting and reconnecting the mouse gets things working again for me and avoids a reboot, but I haven't found a permanent fix and would very much like one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-sleep-mode-freeze-422130.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Windows is freezing in sleep mode now I don't think it's my drivers or anything because updates earlier it worked fine I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is an RC problem or if something is wrong with my computer I hope not since this computer is only week old There is like nothing on it and everything downloaded has been from a disk so no viruses well except kasperky anti-virus but I HOPE that would be clean lol Basically when I put it into sleep manually I cannot get it out and my power reset buttons do not work I actually need to turn off the electricity Oh and it's not my 7 freezes mode Windows in sleep screen considering I CAN turn my screen on but it goes right Windows 7 freezes in sleep mode back into powersave mode sleep mode I DID force it out once and it said no signal from the computer even though the computer is on This leads me to believe it is the OS or god forbid one of my parts WAAAAAIIIIIITTTTT I just realized something I have on HD connected via sata cable but I took the power away from it I wanted to hear something I mean is that the possible cause I doubt it though since it's not registered as an HD due to having no power And my sound card light is on so I'm assuming that is still on when I put the computer in powersave mode Maybe that's an issue

A:Windows 7 freezes in sleep mode

Happens to me too... won't come out of sleep mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17746-windows-7-freezes-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a new Asus S400CA that came with Windows 8 and I updated to 8.1 out of the box. The computer crashes when it goes into sleep mode probably 1 out of 3 times. I have tried updating all the drivers, including the wireless driver. I have it set to make minidumps but they aren't being created anymore (last one was on 12/5). Usually I get no indication that the computer crashes but it takes a long time to boot back up, although occasionally it will say Windows encountered a problem and has to restart.

I am also getting a ton of Schannel 36888 errors, although I don't know if that's related.

A:Windows 8.1 crashes going into sleep mode

Today I got the BSOD with an error message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (athwbx.sys)

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38660-windows-8-1-crashes-going-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

İ am experiencing the issue with Windows 7 (64 bit) sleeping mode.When I am trying to put my laptop to in SLEEP MODE, it works fine for me but when I am trying to power on again, it doesn't work just remaining as a black screen.

Note: My English is not very well.So i am sorry about that.İ hope you will understand my point.

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows sleep mode issue

Try updating your video driver and see if that helps.
Turn off screen saver if you use it.

Here is a tutorial by Brink you can work through:
Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369414-windows-sleep-mode-issue.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have no idea, here is my dump file as per instructions posted in thread. I figured out that it blue screens when it goes into sleep mode (even though I can't see it on the screen, the laptop just goes dark) then shuts off.

Is Windows 7 . . . Toshiba Satellite
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 32 bit
- the original installed OS on the system? XP
- an OEM or full retail version? Full Retail
- OEM = came pre-installed on system
- Full Retail = you purchased it from retailer

- What is the age of system (hardware)? 4 Years Old
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 2 Months

A:Windows 7 Crashes upon Sleep mode

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\richc46\AppData\Local\Temp\Low\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZAB4MTBL\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2[1]\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\091210-32495-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?ffffffff`82d71ad4?
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82c53000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82d92570
Debug session time: Sun Sep 12 12:43:20.921 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:49:40.280
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: 85934b60, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: 82d71ae0, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: 84fa92f0, The blocked IRP
Debugging Details:
------------------
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for netw5v32.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for netw5v32.sys
DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3
IRP_ADDRESS: 84fa92f0
DEVICE_OBJECT: 85dce028
DRIVER_OBJECT: 85c13a78
IMAGE_NAME: netw5v32.sys
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 49cba8fd
MODULE_NAME: netw5v32
FAULTING_MODULE: 92433000 netw5v32
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
PROCESS_NAME: System
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 82ce1ab4 to 82d24574
STACK_TEXT:
82d71a94 82ce1ab4 0000009f 00000003 85934b60 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
82d71b00 82cfc9fc 82d71ba0 00000000 82d7e240 nt!PopCheckIrpWatchdog+0x1f5
82d71b38 82caa497 82d8c1e0 00000000 9be614ab nt!PopCheckForIdleness+0x73
82d71b7c 82caa43b 82d74d20 82d71ca8 00000001 nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x50
82d71c68 82caa2f8 82d74d20 82d71ca8 00000000 nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0x101
82d71cdc 82ca868e 00066fb2 87fa2c80 82d7e240 nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x25c
82d71d20 82ca84b8 00000000 0000000e 00000000 nt!KiRetireDpcList+0xcb
82d71d24 00000000 0000000e 00000000 00000000 nt!KiIdleLoop+0x38

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_IMAGE_netw5v32.sys
BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_IMAGE_netw5v32.sys
---------
0: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
928ab000 928d7000 1394ohci 1394ohci.sys Mon Jul 13 19:51:59 2009 (4A5BC89F)
89216000 8925e000 ACPI ACPI.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:11 2009 (4A5BBF0F)
89b82000 89bdc000 afd afd.sys Mon Jul 13 19:12:34 2009 (4A5BBF62)
929da000 929ec000 AgileVpn AgileVpn.sys Mon Jul 13 19:55:00 2009 (4A5BC954)
90a3d000 90b43000 AGRSM AGRSM.sys Mon Nov 10 09:56:37 2008 (49184BA5)
893a8000 893b1000 amdxata amdxata.sys Tue May 19 13:57:35 2009 (4A12F30F)
aa549000 aa552000 asyncmac asyncmac.sys Mon Jul 13 19:54:46 2009 (4A5BC946)
8937c000 89385000 atapi atapi.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:15 2009 (4A5BBF13)
89385000 893a8000 ataport ataport.SYS Mon Jul 13 19:11:18 2009 (4A5BBF16)
826c0000 8270d000 ATMFD ATMFD.DLL unavailable (00000000)
892bd000 89... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/111951-windows-7-crashes-upon-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Alright here's my problem, When i click on the sleep button, windows will go to sleep only for a min or so, then it automatically turns itself on, After it turns itself on when i click on the sleep button again it won't work, nothing will happen..
I don not want the windows to turn it self on, so can anyone help please...

A:Windows 7 Sleep Mode problem? Help

Hi RedDevil012,

Take a ready here. Fix Windows Vista/7 Sleep mode from waking up by itself

YourTravelingGeek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-sleep-mode-problem-help-591904.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, This seems to be a pretty common problem but I cant seem to find a solution to my case.

Basically when I tell my PC to go to sleep, it seems like its going to actually go to sleep but then my monitor will shut off and then my Tower will shut off and almost instantly turn right back on... like something is preventing it from going to sleep...

any Ideas on what might be causing this problem?

Thanks

A:Windows 7 PC will not stay in sleep mode

Hello and welcome to TSF.

control panel, power options, check your settings and times.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-pc-will-not-stay-in-sleep-mode-672031.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello dear friends,

There is a weird sound issue:
When I put my Pc on sleep mode and after wake-up the sound is gone and videos are lagging (1frame per 2 seconds).In device manager, it says all audio drivers are working properly, only restarting the PC fix the problem.

But I definitely need to use Sleep mode and that sound issue is really annoying.

Special thanks to helpers.

A:Windows 7 Sound gone after Sleep mode Help

Hello Martin,

Have you tried to update the drivers for your Integrated Realtek Sound device?

I would have help you find them, but I do not see a manufacturer listed in your specs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/146982-windows-7-sound-gone-after-sleep-mode-help.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My computer will not wake up from sleep mode.  When I first updated the OS to windows 10 the sleep mode worked just fine, but within the last few months it will not wake from the sleep mode.  I have tried many different solutions with none of them fixing the issue.  Can anyone help with this issue?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-not-waking-up-from-sleep-mode/td-p/5636973
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey There,

I have checked on google and found nothing that was related to what i am looking for. I installed Windows 8 on my laptop as well. Although in my power settings my laptop is set that when I close the lid it is to go into "sleep" mode. I've uploaded a screen shot to show you how I have it set. The reason I would like to set it go into "sleep mode" when I clode the lid of my laptop, is because I am on the go a lot and it would be nice to have it in sleep mode instead of having to shut it down every time I want to go some where.

Thanks
RitualJman

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/17492-windows-8-not-going-into-sleep-mode-when-i-close-lid.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Problem

When system goes to sleep longer than a hour and you wake it up the bottom third of the screen freezing.

The top 2/3's get split like window pane a when you scroll the top 2/s's will scroll but the bottom 1/3 will remain as it was before sleep...

Also the bottom third wont have any hover icon effects though icon will still work, the task work as intended...

If I restart the programs the will work fine but windows has to restart for icon hover effects to work....

Any Idea whats going on here...

This is a New Build less than 4 months old just starting doing this, No driver crashes, hardware not returning any errors..

System specs

AMD FX6100 ( 6 core )
8gb DDR3 12800
XFX radeon 7850 Double D 2gb
ASUS M5A97 MOBO

All driver are up to date

A:Windows 7 Sleep mode issue

I will add it does not happen every time...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237719-windows-7-sleep-mode-issue.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Upon resuming computer work after my desktop has went into sleep mode the mouse and keyboard will emit light but will not work, and i repeatedly here the noises that are made when USB devices are inserted and removed, after a while sometimes they will begin to work otherwise i have to go to the back of my computer which is quite difficult because i cant see where i am plugging into and unplug and replug the mouse and keyboard which is a very tedious task and i would really like to find a way to stop that from happening, so if you have any answers please tell me. @ Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-64-bit-sleep-mode-438923.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello First of all - can anyone answer me on wich e-mail adress should I send all of my reports to Microsoft regarding Windows problems that I encountered Second here is the problem wich was very annoying but I did solve it so my point is to warn Microsoft about this so they can fix it in future Windows update or Service Packs for Windows When you are using for example I used quot High Performance quot Power Plan and Windows 7 mode Sleep issue in advanced options of any of Power Plans you let option - quot Hard disk - Turn off hard disk after quot to be turned ON for example if you make your hard disk turn off after minutes you will have some serious trouble This was happening In Windows Vista - all worked well I would put my PC in sleep mode get back for hour and just press power button on my PC and he went up pretty fast That was great option and it was working just fine But in Windows I found out trough days and days of testing that when I put my PC to quot Sleep mode quot if it's quot Sleeping quot more then minutes - I just can't get it back to desktop from sleep I would press Power button fans would start but then PC would just shut down and Windows 7 Sleep mode issue try to start itself again and again until i completely shut it down from power and re-started it again After some time I was very mystified by this problem and many of my colleagues and friends had similar or the same issue One day we all discovered that if we set quot Windows 7 Sleep mode issue Turn off hard disk quot option to quot Never quot - everything works fine just like in Windows Vista But then again - what's the point of having quot Sleep mode quot if you can't shut hard disk as well So please tell me or tell Microsoft about this issue as it bothers so many people and it's really annoying Thanks on your time

A:Windows 7 Sleep mode issue

UPDATE: I just now did try again, did put my PC to sleep for an hour and 10 minutes but this time I'm having problem of PC not turning on again (fans start and etc. but after four seconds it shuts down then tries again and in circle like that until i shut it down via cable or power supply itself).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40442-windows-7-sleep-mode-issue.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Alright here's my problem, When i click on the sleep button, windows will go to sleep only for a min or so, then it automatically turns itself on, After it turns itself on when i click on the sleep button again it won't work, nothing will happen..
I don not want the windows to turn it self on, so can anyone help please...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-sleep-mode-problem-help.1010664/
Relevancy 55.04%

Every time my dell laptop is in sleep mode for a while - and there is still plenty of battery left it seems to "resume windows" and it's like a startup. Shouldn't it just ask for my password and be there right away?

A:Windows resuming after sleep mode?

Please fill out your system specs via the option in the user control panel. If you don't know, please download and run this free application:

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

It will tell you all the specs and you can copy them into your account information

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/123541-windows-resuming-after-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I've had Windows installed from scratch on a PC I put together last year Shortly after New Years I started having problems with Windows crashing when the machine went into sleep mode It was an intermittent problem at first I would hear the computer come back on after wiggling my mouse the fan would go on etc but nothing would be sent to the monitors Windows Ultimate bit ASUS M A XTD Evo GB Patriot Ram ASUS EAH cu video card Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Western Digital TB hard drive LG Blu-Ray drive Then I'd force a hard reboot and sometimes it would come on and mode 7 sleep Windows in crashing then sometimes I'd end up at a black screen and have to reboot a second time I updated the majority of mobo drivers flashed the BIOS etc The only thing I haven't been able to do is update the hard drive controllers for some reason every time I try to run the executable to change those it launches ATI Catalyst Manager for my video card I figure there are some remnants of the install files from Catalyst Manager sitting around on the hard drive I looked for the Windows Install Cleanup Utility but it's no longer available The problem seemed to go away But the last several days it's been happening every time it goes into sleep mode And this last time when I rebooted I got a blue screen error Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF A D BCP FFFFF E BCP FFFFF E D OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Pleb AppData Windows 7 crashing in sleep mode Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Any ideas as to what can be causing this Plef

A:Windows 7 crashing in sleep mode

Please provide this info: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/147111-windows-7-crashing-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Windows crashing in sleep mode I've had Windows installed from scratch on a PC I put together last year Shortly after New Years I started mode Windows 7 crashing in sleep having problems with Windows crashing when the machine went into sleep mode It was an intermittent problem at first I would hear the computer come back on after wiggling my mouse the fan would go on etc but nothing would be sent to the monitors Windows Ultimate bit ASUS M A XTD Evo GB Patriot Ram ASUS EAH cu video card Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Western Digital TB hard drive LG Blu-Ray drive Then I'd force a hard reboot and sometimes it would come on and then sometimes I'd end up at a black screen and have to reboot a second time I updated the majority of mobo drivers flashed the BIOS etc The only thing I haven't been able to do is update the hard drive controllers for some reason every time I try to run the executable to change those it launches ATI Catalyst Manager for my video card I figure there are some remnants of the install files from Catalyst Manager sitting around on the hard Windows 7 crashing in sleep mode drive I looked for the Windows Install Cleanup Utility but it's no longer available The problem seemed to go away But the last several days it's been happening every time it goes into sleep mode And this last time when I rebooted Windows 7 crashing in sleep mode I got a blue screen error Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF A D BCP FFFFF E BCP FFFFF E D OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Pleb AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Any ideas as to what can be causing this Plef

A:Windows 7 crashing in sleep mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/147118-windows-7-crashing-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all I have Power Options on my Desktop PC set to defaults i e Balanced is set to minutes for display and minutes for Sleep Yesterday I went to Windows Store to download the Windows Update to update my my Mode downloading While went Windows PC into Sleep 8.1 Windows I clicked the download button and went to watch TV while it downloaded After a while I noticed that my PC had gone to sleep I pressed the sleep button on my keyboard While downloading Windows 8.1 my PC went into Sleep Mode to wake the PC up I wasn't sure if the Windows Update would just resume where it was before it went into Sleep mode or whether I would have to start the download again by going back into the Windows Store to download it again from the beginning After waking my PC up I decided to just leave it at the desktop screen to see what happened hours later the message came up saying that the PC needed to be restarted to install the update When I have downloaded the Windows Update in the past it usually takes hrs and mins but I noticed that Microsoft have changed the Windows Update slightly since I last installed it so I wasn't sure if that accounted for the download taking longer than usual Some of the Download options screens are different on the latest version so the Windows Update has definitely been altered slightly Will the download have continued from the point where it was before it went to sleep or will it have had to restart again from the beginning I was just slightly concerned that because my PC went to sleep during the Windows Update and it is such an important Update that it might have got corrupted in some way Everything seemed to Install correctly afterwards Is what happened normal and nothing to be concerned about Thanks in advance for any help feedback with this

A:While downloading Windows 8.1 my PC went into Sleep Mode

you can download and create windows 8.1 setup media > Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help

you can use the media to do the update or a clean install

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/64437-while-downloading-windows-8-1-my-pc-went-into-sleep-mode.html