Windows Support Forum

Black screen and BIOS corruption blink code.

Q: Black screen and BIOS corruption blink code.

This notebook is out of support so I don't code. blink screen Black corruption and BIOS know if it's right to post here nbsp When Black screen and BIOS corruption blink code. I start the computer the screen never turns on no background illumination either nbsp But the LEDs lights up and I get blinking codes Seem like it's two different stages for the blinking code I call it stage and stage nbsp Stage When I turn the computer on the num caps lock blinks twice several times In this stage it's possible to turn of computer by holding down power button If I then start it again it will still be Black screen and BIOS corruption blink code. in stage If I Black screen and BIOS corruption blink code. don't turn off it will eventually restart and go over to stage nbsp Stage Only caps-lock flashes with a constant rate If flash drive is connected it reads this in about seconds After about seconds the fan starts spinning for full I can't turn off other than diconnecting power nbsp If I reconnect power again and press power botton it continues in stage nbsp To get it back to stage one I need to remove the clock battery and hold down power botton But if I hold down win B after doing this I still get directly to stage Therefore I guess it's automatically trying to restore BIOS is stage nbsp I tried to create recovery flash drive with the SP BIOS When it's unpacked nothing more happens but I found out it's a nbsp SP E exe and nbsp SP F exe inside the unpacked folder wich can create BIOS flash drive But I have tried both and nothing happened when I started computer with og without holding down win B nbsp I guess the drive I made was only for updating BIOS and not for recovering Is there a special way to make a flash drive or a special partition on the harddrive I have not the original hdd with system partition just an empty HDD But I can connect the new HDD to a working windows linux computer and add some data partitions if someone knows what to add nbsp Is it likely that it's no hope for recovering this If so is it enough to solder on a new BIOS or is maybe other parts of the main board that is broken

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-and-BIOS-corruption-blink-code/td-p/5672686
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black screen and BIOS corruption blink code.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 95.89%

I have HP 15-d054ee Notebook black screen 2 caps blink code error ... help needed and I check my RAM slots remove it and reinstall it but nothing happen,  I empty the electricity to hard reset but also nothing happen I got nothing on the screen of the laptob  I need your reputable help and I think it has a bios error (maybe) may I install the bios driver from another computer (if so) how? I am in need to use my laptob 

A:HP 15-d054ee Notebook black screen 2 caps blink code error ....

two blinks is corrupt BIOS. Connect the power adapter to the notebook and the hold down the Windows key and the B key at the same time. It may take a full minute or so of holding down the two keys, but you should  see an onscreen message responce that says that it is recovering the BIOS. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-15-d054ee-Notebook-black-screen-2-caps-blink-code-error/td-p/5608985
Relevancy 90.73%

i have black screen bios corruption when turn notebook on and i review support viedos as recovering bios by usb or press key compination and many other types and so only change of the flash light of caopslock key stop flashing and display stell black and wierless key in orange .i tried to fix it and tired.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/black-screen-bios-corruption/td-p/5638301
Relevancy 80.41%

TL;DR: Black screen with caps lock LED doing the two-flash (BIOS code) but hard restart and Win+B+power won't turn screen on, fan can be heard.I recently factory reset my laptop because the WLAN service wasn't turning on no matter what I did and SFC /scannow + registry edits couldn't fix it. The reset fixed connectivity issues but while I was reinstalling programs I got a blue screen, something along the lines of bad pool caller, and it never restarted after "finishing."I've tried the hard reset (take out battery and everything), as well as the Win+B+power BIOS fix because the caps lock LED is flashing but nothing will get the display to load. Fan is going so I know the laptop is on. Thank you in advance for your help!

A:Black screen (BIOS code) fix not working

Some of the instructions for Win key + B say to immediately release keys after releasing power button- while others say to continue to hold the keys for a bit. If you are using one technique I would try the other to see if any difference.http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-BIOS-code-fix-not-working/td-p/5599828
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I am trying to fix an HP G - DX Notebook PC Operating to safe From then screen screen and lock blue blink black mode, caps sys Win bit AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Processor GB GHz I had this laptop since December of and on June of is when I used my notebook PC and was initially of no use I have been working on my laptop on and off since I am not afraid to open the sucker up and get this thing up and running The problem started out with what most ppl call it the quot blue screen of death quot Like most ppl I did ignore the blue screen and did a restart which brought me to the normal Windows screen From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink and then it would start back up just fine I found this in Device From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink Manager s Hidden Files Non-Plug and Play Drivers - ehdrv - epfwwfp - Security Processor Loader Driver I am not sure if it has anything to do with what it was the blue screen situation but I tried searching on the net on what it all meant and to see if I was able to fix it but before I was able to do something about it the blue screen kept From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink popping up and it was getting worse The problem progressed to where on Windows startup it would just stop there blue screen would pop up and of course I had to restart it and do an F key press for Safe Mode I had to work on Safe Mode for a good couple of weeks before I can figure out the problem s I believe I had went into the system and found out it had something to do with some kind of error sigh I did write it down but that was like a month ago and I am unable to locate my notes It s frustrating being careless Any way my notebook PC will not start at all I did remove the battery and left the adapter plugged in to removing the adapter and doing a hard reset no justice The notebook would sound like it is about to start but all you can hear is the fan running and the lights with the caps lock blink sequence of ONCE every - seconds no beeping sound I may have changed something though I went as far as learning how to properly with the static free bracelette unscrewed the laptop apart to see if cleaning the fan would be the cause of it Nothing happened but instead of the caps lock blinking ONCE every - seconds it would blink TWICE every - seconds So I went back and checked if everything was put back together memory stick and such and now when i restart it it would BEEP times and the caps lock would blink THRICE every - seconds And so here I am Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-blue-screen-to-safe-mode-then-black-screen-and-caps-lock-blink.1104596/
Relevancy 76.11%

I need some help with my computer and have to admit I don't know that much about them I am not ever sure I am posting in the right section for help with this problem I have a very old computer but I with blink screen Black problem cursor don't have the extra funds to buy a new one at the current time but I want to fix it so I can at least get my information and files off that computer I don't have another computer available to to use either It's a Gateway S model Everything is the original hardware except the power supply which I replace several years ago It's got an Intel R Pentium R GHz The computer does turn on and does show the gateway logo but after that it goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor and just stay there and doesn't do anything else No error messages pop up The only time I can get an error message to pop up was when I repetitively push either f or f and then it say pxe-e Media Test failure check your cables I've tried to do a windows repair with the xp disk but the repair options isn't available I've open up the computer took out the bios battery and put it back in That didn't work I unplug the cables connecting the hard drive those long ribbon ones and replug them back in still does the same Black screen with blink cursor problem thing I've gone through the bios system Black screen with blink cursor problem I think it's saying the hard drive still there it list the following Pata Primary Master Black screen with blink cursor problem WDC WD BB- KAD I think this is the HDD PATA secondary master Lite-on comb LTC- DVD CD rom Drive I think I tried to do a recovery console from the windows xp disk I have but I am not tech saavy enough to get it to work Any ideas on what I should do Thanks

A:Black screen with blink cursor problem

You say you don't have another computer to use, but your posting from a computer? Anyways to backup your files use a Ubuntu Live CD to a USB Flash Drive
To Repair your computer boot off of the XP CD and get to the Recovery Console, here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-with-blink-cursor-problem-563338.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I need help urgently I have my finals tomorrow for my AP english blink Screen left. at white Help Please top Windows Black URGENT. 7 class and all my files were saved on this laptop Everytime I boot my laptop it does not go past the Windows 7 Black Screen white blink at top left. URGENT. Please Help windows loading screen It just shows hp and press f for system recovery The thing is when I press f or f to system recover or to go to safe mode the laptop goes to the black screen with the blinking white cursor at the top left I can enter the system diagnostics screen and I checked everything on there It says the battery all hard drive and memory is ok But I can't friggin system recover or get past the hp screen Is there any commands or anything I can enter to factory reset the laptop I can enter the command prompt screen because I have a disc but the disc does not allow for factory reset It only allows system restoring to an earlier date and I've tried every single of the restore points Each one still gave me the black screen with white cursor at top left

A:Windows 7 Black Screen white blink at top left. URGENT. Please Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennyzzz

I need help urgently. I have my finals tomorrow for my AP english class and all my files were saved on this laptop. Everytime I boot my laptop, it does not go past the windows 7 loading screen. It just shows hp and press f11 for system recovery. The thing is, when I press f8, or f11 , to system recover or to go to safe mode, the laptop goes to the black screen with the blinking white cursor at the top left. I can enter the system diagnostics screen and I checked everything on there. It says the battery, all hard drive, and memory is ok. But I can't friggin system recover or get past the hp screen. Is there any commands or anything I can enter to factory reset the laptop? I can enter the command prompt screen because I have a disc, but the disc does not allow for factory reset. It only allows system restoring to an earlier date, and I've tried every single of the restore points. Each one still gave me the black screen with white cursor at top left.

If you recover you will lose your files. I would check that the hdd is seated properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-white-blink-at-top-left-urgent-please-help-625338.html
Relevancy 74.39%

my laptop when plays The Sims it turned black but i can see the cursor and it blinks like goes completely black then goes black with the cursor and then it does that til i have to shut it off It sometimes just completely shuts off randomly it sometimes shows me the blue screen then restarts With other games like Diner Dash it will be okay for a little while approximately ten to minutes or so and then it shuts out of the game Its full screen and then it goes to the homes screen Its been really slow too and lagging a lot this is not like my computer at all This laptop is fairly new only maybe two years old Iv tryed a lot of things such as updating software and drivers iv downloaded drivers from the internet done malware scans nothing comes up Iv tryed the list of things to do on the windows website if you get the blue screen http windows microsoft com en-GB windows Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows- section I recently had my screen replaced because my screen got cracked Other than that no big changes Why blink , and screen of repeatedly out black my go games? does laptop shut have been made I appreciate any help and support i Why does my laptop screen go black , blink repeatedly and shut out of games? get to my answer nbsp

A:Why does my laptop screen go black , blink repeatedly and shut out of games?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-my-laptop-screen-go-black-blink-repeatedly-and-shut-out-of-games.1095128/
Relevancy 73.53%

Product Pavilion dv - dxOS Dual boot Linux Mint and Windows Home -bit nbsp no HP recovery partition HP Recovery Disks I Pavilion [DEAD error CARD] HP corruption BIOS dv5 VIDEO code have them but can't use them because the DVD laser doesn't work CD only nbsp Symptoms While in normal use screen suddenly had black and grey vertical linesAfter restart computer turns on and fan runs but screen is blackCTRL button flashes white light flashes pause and repeat BIOS corruption Hello nbsp I am trying to recover from BIOS corruption hoping it's not a failing mobo nbsp I downloaded the latest BIOS update for my system but I can't nbsp get this file to install on an external USB using nbsp HP's nbsp instructions for restoring the BIOS At step I don't get the HP System BIOS Update Utility screen Instead I get this nbsp nbsp nbsp My questions nbsp Is there any nbsp easy way nbsp to nbsp get this exe on a USB I have tried computers and USB cards so WTH If not can I just unpack it and create a bootable USB in another program by copy pasting the BIOS file nbsp Is there anything else HP Pavilion dv5 BIOS corruption error code [DEAD VIDEO CARD] I should nbsp try before flashing the BIOS nbsp Thanks in advance for your assistance nbsp nbsp nbsp UPDATE nbsp The nbsp BIOS error was actually the nbsp video card that failed due to repeated overheating The repair shop replaced the video card HP Pavilion dv5 BIOS corruption error code [DEAD VIDEO CARD] and repaired the overheating problem I didn't ask how and my computer is as good as new Solved View Solution

A:HP Pavilion dv5 BIOS corruption error code [DEAD VIDEO CARD]

For anyone who has a similar problem with their computer, my "BIOS error" (as coded by my computer's flashing lights) turned out to be a failed video card. The repair shop said this happens when computers overheat frequently, which mine often did. So, they changed the video card and fixed the overheating problem, and my computer is back in working order.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-dv5-BIOS-corruption-error-code-DEAD-VIDEO-CARD/td-p/5460513
Relevancy 69.23%

Dear all About BIOS reaches ! Screen corruption days ago I got infected by a trojan in the form of rootkit that I could only solve by running rootkitunhooker Ever since the infection my screen has been doing funny things usually at startup but it can happen in any moment although it is less likely that from now on Screen corruption reaches BIOS ! I will call quot corruption quot This corruptions shows itself as characters showing wrong one pixel is missing or misplaced or different colour stripes or black Screen corruption reaches BIOS ! or blue screen see picture Here I give the results of Screen corruption reaches BIOS ! my own troubleshooting - I think the screen as hardware is right as the quot corruption quot goes hand-in-hand with a crash The whole systems stops even I can hear the HD shutting down - One problem is that I was updating several drivers and the BIOS I KNOW shouldn t have but I know now And this is what worries the most the corruption can happen even before loading Windows or when I load with Knoppix or even in the recovery console even the BIOS The Diagnostics tool of the BIOS who scans the system and the memory says everything is right even when the corruption was there I upoated the BIOS as the window troubleshooter asks if your bios is updated EVen I have a video in which the screen has some vertical stripes and when the mouse pointer goes through the points of the stripes get quot cleaned quot - I have thought that it might have something to do with a loose connection but due to problems in the screws worn-off trying to open it I can t open it Moreover I wouldn t like to lose the warranty And that would not explain the level of randomness of the corruption to happen This needs the eye of an expert as I think it is a very weird problem and I d say serious PS Dell Latitude D XP Pro SP NVidia Quadro M updated BIOS to revision R nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I have a home-built PC based on an ASUS motherboard and ATI 5670 video card. Everything was running fine for months, but a few days ago I started running into an issue where my BIOS screen would load but be complete corrupted (white screen with red horizontal lines going across), and then Windows 7 boots fine.

Also, when I wake the pc up from sleep mode, the computer will occasionally wake up but the monitor will not turn on, requiring a reboot. Outside of these two issues, I have no problems within Windows 7 doing everyday tasks.

Any idea where to start troubleshooting?

A:BIOS screen corruption then boots

First thing I would try is to remove the CMOS battery which will reset the Bios to defaults and then see what happens when you boot. While the battery is out test the voltage with a volt meter, if it is much lower than 3V replace it with a new one.

If no improvement you could try flashing the Bios. You would need to go to the motherboard's manufacturer's site to get the instructions and the Bios download.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-screen-corruption-then-boots.161605/
Relevancy 63.64%

Computer won't boot after bios upgrade Quick history- computer was working but was dropped damaging hdd- verified hdd damage by removing it and connecting it to another computer- verified computer hardware still good by booting and using it from ubuntu live cd- purchased SSD- changed Bios HDD support to Legacy mode so I could install w - installed w bit professional- install went great computer booted in windows no lan or wifi yet missing drivers- downloaded drivers and bios update from HP site for my exact machine to USB stick using different machine- installed audio driver- installed bios update did not tamper with machine at all during BIOS update followed instructions exactly- after bios update nbsp s w said bios flash was complete computer just hung for min's- repowered machine only get black screen- holding down F while powering up gets white F BIOS Setup Options text in lower left corner of screen nothing else happens I tried holding the windows bios boot after upgrade bios or no Black menu screen and B key before powering then for a minute after powering several times nothing happened http support hp com us-en document c I repeated that procedure half a dozen times with and without a USB with the BIOS update software on it in a USB slot no difference nbsp nbsp Does my model support this key combination to load deffault BIOS settings nbsp Do I have any other options to unbrick my machine Any Black screen no boot or bios menu after bios upgrade advice is appreciated Mike

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-no-boot-or-bios-menu-after-bios-upgrade/td-p/5635572
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I have no power problem, when I press power button only what is happen is blink code:
one white
two orange
two white
two orange
two white
and so on
What can cause this problem? Test was on battery.
thanx

A:Portege Z30-A-152 blink code

Same blink code is with and without SSD and RAM

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91194-Portege-Z30-A-152-blink-code
Relevancy 62.78%

Power light solid, battery light blinks 7 times before both lights shut off and repeat the pattern. When chromebook is open, I get no display on the screen. Troubleshooting I have done..... Reboot "Esc" + "refresh" + "Power button" to force into dev mode. no success Charge over night Discharge battery. (Disconnect battery and power, hold power for 10 seconds, reconnect power, attempt to power on, then reconnect battery. No success. Reseated LCD cable (for grins and giggles). After disconnected screen from back cover, I layed it down on keyboard (still having LCD cable connected) and saw backlight flickers after the sequence of beep codes. *flicker only occured while screen was down* Tried replacing screen... no luck.  Before I swap the main board, has anyone seen this before? Been looking for information of beep/blink codes and I get nothing.  Thank you in advanced for your time.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Chromebook-R11-C738t-blink-code/td-p/453511
Relevancy 62.35%

New to the thread.... not sure if i'm posting right, soo correct me if u want =)
Anyway.. yesterday I turned my computer on and got the screen "Sorry for the convenience blah blah blah... Start Windows Normally, Safe Mode...ect.
I chose Start Windows Normally, which did indeed start windows normally, but I wasn't sure what caused this problem in the first place, so i ignored it. I turned my computer off.

Later i turned my computer back on and was confronted by another screen, this time a Blue screen.. A Stop error, can't exactly remember the error, but said something about "memory dump'...
I eventually got avoided a problem with this screen and got into windows.. However this morning, when i turn the computer on, I was forced to use 'Last Known Good Configuration"

Whats going on? I did scans on Norton, Adaware & Spybot.

Please help!!

A:Blue Screen, Black Screen??? Stop Error Code?

Hi Kirstie, computers are great when they work huh? These stop errors and blue screens of death can have many causes. Sometimes they occur when a computer is getting older and some piece of hardware is going bad, like a memory stick for instance. Other times these errors occur after installing a new program or doing a windows update. They can be quite difficult to pin down sometimes as well. I would be glad to help you find the cause of the error if you will answer a few questions for me. By answering these questions I should be able to determine the cause and help you to correct it.

Here are some questions for you to answer that will help me. Just answer them the best you can and if you dont know an answer its ok. If you already answered anything I'm asking in your first post just skip over it.

1). What kind of computer do you have? Laptop? Desktop? Dell, HP, Ect?
2). Whats your level of experience? Novice, intermediate, expert, or dont know squat?
3). What operating system are you using? Xp Home or XP Pro?
4). What antivirus are you using? Are you using a firewall?
5) Please tell us a little about your computer. How old is your computer? What size Hard drive does it have?, processor, ram, Bios ver. Ect.
6). Do you have an Xp disk for this computer?
7). Does your computer have a floppy drive, CD drive, Ect.?
8). Do you have access to another working computer with an internet connection?
9). Did you noticed this problem occuring after installing anything recently?
10). Has your computer done a windows update recently?
11). Have you made any changes to the computer recently? Hardware or software?

and anything else that might help us help you. Remember we are trying to help from a forum so all we have to go on is what you can tell us.

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the thread tools option located at the top of this thread and selecting solved from the drop down menu when your computer is working correctly and you are through with this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-black-screen-stop-error-code-520585.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My daughter's laptop has died nbsp When you push the power button the power light on the side comes on and stays on and the hard drive light blinks momentarily then not at all nbsp There is a blink code on the Caps Lock key that appears to blink twice - one blink followed by a second about to seconds later then a longer wait and the code repeats nbsp There is no LED on any other key nbsp nbsp I've tried the hard reset by 2 15 won't boot, blinks code blink K100 Envy has pulling the battery and pushing the power key for a long time nbsp No change nbsp I've looked up the blink code which says it's a corrupted BIOS and used Envy 15 K100 won't boot, blink code has 2 blinks the Windows key B key combination before pushing the power button and nothing happens except the blink code continues nbsp This is all that I can find to try with this laptop and the daughter needs it for her online college courses nbsp She bought it from Amazon and it is a refurbished unit nbsp Any suggestions nbsp Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-15-K100-won-t-boot-blink-code-has-2-blinks/td-p/5750626
Relevancy 61.49%

computer screen blank   caps lock blinking and wireless led steady   did a hard reset and it is doing the same thing

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/what-does-blink-code-mean-Caps-lock-blinking-and-wireless/td-p/5641844
Relevancy 61.06%

My computer fails to boot and gives me a caps lock code. The LED blinks twice. I have tried hard resetting and reseating the memory, but nothing worked. I have had this problem for a fairly long time, however in past the computer would eventually boot up after I forced turned it off and on a number of times. I am at the point now where over the past few days I have been trying this and it so far has still failed to boot up. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Envy-failing-to-boot-with-caps-lock-blink-code/td-p/5834123
Relevancy 59.77%

Performed a bios update on my dj/music laptop, after restart the screen remained black with wifi light remaining orange and the caps lock blinking twice every so often. Ive tried downloading the bios recovery and throwing it on a usb, under the hp tools and all that jazz. But upon doing the procedure after the power and windows-B the flash drive lights up and flickers then stops and caps lock starts blinking twice again. Im in dire need to fix this cause i have a festival in 3 weeks. Any input or guide to fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-15t-j100-bios-corruption-after-recommended-hp-bios/td-p/5705699
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey, im new here ive tryed a couple of other site but no luck so, my problem here is that like a week ago this thing popped up about opera gold its a nice ware has ended and needs to close? so i clicked dont sent then my computer shut off, ok so i turned it back on and after the bios flash screen (where it says press f2 for setup Ect.) it just goes to a black screen. I've tried starting in safe mod it just keeps getting stuck on KDCOM.DLL and just sits there. Anyone got a clue what could be the problem?

Thanks

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and have quite a big problem. So any help is welcome and appreciated.

My Satellite Pro A200 goes black after the BIOS screen and a black screen with a blinking cursor. Also just before the screen goes black a bleep can be heard which shows windows is booting.
I can access the toshiba set-up screen but not the safety mode set-up.

Kind Regards

A:Re: Satellite Pro A200 - Screen goes black after BIOS screen

Hello

You wrote that you can access the BIOS but have you checked if the HDD is recognized properly? Maybe the computer cannot boot because HDD isn?t recognized so you should check this.

If the HDD is recognized I would try a recovery installation from Toshiba recovery disk. It seems that Windows isn?t able to start and if you reinstall the whole system it should help to get rid of this. Just go in boot menu and select CD/DVD drive as boot device.

Check this!!!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63133-Re-Satellite-Pro-A200-Screen-goes-black-after-BIOS-screen
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi CPU Intel Core QUAD Motherboard AsRock x TurboTwins Ram DDR x GB GHz brand Hynix GPU ATI HD PSU Corsair W OS Windows Custom previous screen black in screen after goes blue The (even BIOS) build I installed Civilization and directX as well because I was asked to The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) during the installation After few minutes of being in the game a blue screen popped up I do not know what message was on there I restarted the computer and system recommended to run the fix mode I launched it and after a while I was advised to bring the settings back to the restore point I acknowledged this but then all I saw was a black screen Since then after The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) each restart the screen goes black If I manage to go to BIOS after - seconds the screen goes black I cannot even reinstall Windows Those - seconds in BIOS are The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) enough to check the temperatures on CPU and MB they are around degrees Celsius so overheating is not the problem I connected the monitor with my laptop and it works so monitor is fine There are no loose connections There is no dust and debris - this system is months old Problem might be in the graphics card Several weeks ago the screen used to go grey after playing Fallout for - minutes I disabled the audio on the card and that solved the problem However Windows still indicated that there is something wrong with the GPU on the other hand drivers were up-to-date Can anyone help please Or let me know what you think might be wrong Thanks nbsp

A:The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS)

Since you are having a graphics issue in both the BIOS startup screen and while Windows is open, it does sound like a graphics card problem and not a driver problem. Do you have another graphics card to substitute for test purposes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-screen-goes-black-after-previous-blue-screen-even-in-bios.158751/
Relevancy 59.77%

I read the posting instructions but it's a little difficult for me to run that program because my computer won't actually display anything But here's what I Blue no BIOS, screen after no display Black Screen, can answer OS - Win bit Original OS - Vista Home Premium October OS is retail upgrade Hard Drive has been in use since October everything else is less than hours old I haven't reinstalled the OS CPU - Intel Core i k Videocard - BFG nVidia GeFroce GTX GB MoBo - ASUS P H -M PSU - Corsair GS W A on v if that's relevant Corsair GB DDR Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display MHz RAM x GB Don't know about system manufacturer they're different parts The Case is by NZXT and the TB HDD is by Seagate This is going to be a bit of a long read so I'll start off by giving the short version of all this Here's the short version I built this PC yesterday and it was working but couldn't 't display the native x resolution I got quot Out of Range quot error Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display on my monitor when I tried to change it to any other resolution I installed an nVidia control program and made a custom resolution of x About half an hour later I got a blue screen Now when I start it up I just get a black screen no error messages just a black screen It isn't just my own monitor I've tried it with another fully functioning one too And more detail here It was all working alright when I first set it up but I couldn't get native resolution for my LG W monitor x which displayed the resolution just fine on my old PC with no dedicated GPU When I changed the resolution through the Windows resolution change interface tool it wouldn't give me the option of going over x something else I can't remember I tried to change the refresh rate but I got the same error when I tried to increase the resolution as when I tried to change the refresh rate quot Out of Range quot and then it said a frequency in kHz and Hz I downloaded the nVidia control panel and made a custom resolution x and it was all fine after that However the first problem I noticed was I could not run the game Civilization V because upon starting the game up I got the same quot Out of Range quot error message from my monitor I even tried to change the compatibility so that I could let it run at the lower resolution x or something like that but I got the same error message That was pretty much the only problem although I'm sure I would have encountered similar problems if I tried to play similar games I was using the computer for about half an hour and whilst I was on facebook I just got a blue screen It stayed there for a couple seconds then I turned it off from the main socket When I started it up again I just got a black screen I didn't even get a BIOS display I've been trying it all morning and it still hasn't been working Also after I've turned it on from the main socket upon startup it starts up then shuts down then starts up again then down and finally stays on after a couple moments of this Still displaying nothing on the monitor though and I get no quot Out of Range quot error message just a black screen I have no idea what it may be I have tried erasing the CMOS thing by moving the jumper position on the motherboard and removing and reinstalling the battery but that hasn't seemed to have worked I don't know what else to do Thanks a lot in advance I know it's a long read

A:Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display

Can you boot into Safe Mode?
Does the system display the Asus splash screen before going to the black screen?

Have you checked to see if the video card has power (the extra power plugs in most cards these days)? Have you checked to make sure the fan is working, and that the video cooler isn't clogged up?

Have you tried another video card? I'd suspect that the video card or it's drivers are your issue. If the system boots into Safe Mode, then I'd suspect the drivers, if it doesn't boot into Safe Mode (so you can see the display) - then I'd have to assume that it's the video card.

See if you can return the video card. If not, then see if you can borrow one from another computer - or buy one that you can return if it's not needed.

Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-after-blue-screen-no-bios-no-display-594237.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I download bios my elitebook 2570p which running windows 10 64bit on this link http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5284308&swItemId=ob_166366_1&swEnvOid=419...I run the installer, follow the wizzard guide, until the reboot button appeared. after i press the button, the notebook reboot but screen not lit up, just the keyboard leds were lit up.I pressed win + b button but with no luck, caps lock blinking, sometimes numlock also blinking.then i hard reset by removing battery and press the power button for 15 seconds, it become worse because when i plugin the charger, no sign of light charging.  Any help would be appreciated? Thank you very much

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Screen-black-screen-not-lit-up-after-latest-bios-update-of-F/td-p/5726688
Relevancy 58.91%

I have Vista Ulimate 64-bit and everytime that I reboot I get a black screen before the Microsoft Windows scrolling bar.

This is the sequence.
- I reboot.
- I get my bios information screen.
- I get the white, blinking line in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Then the screen goes black with no hard drive activity.

I then can perform a Complete PC restore from my second partition on the same SATA Hard Drive and I will then be able to boot into Vista with no problem.....until I reboot, then I get the Black screen again. It is a vicious cycle.

I have tried to remove video cards (2 x 8800 GTS), memory (4 GB), sound cards (X-Fi Music), load the default bios settings....nothing works. Only a Complete PC Restore cures it, but only until I need to reboot the PC.

Any help would be welcome.

A:Black screen right after bios.

Just a guess here, but to me it sounds like a boot loader or boot device order issue. How long have you left it on the blinking cursor before giving up?

As well I'm assuming if you have your Vista DVD in the drive it boots up fine?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/162156-black-screen-right-after-bios.html
Relevancy 58.91%

This has happened now four in the last few days Both times my WIFI connection to Bios black screen totally drops and nothing I do can fix it in Windows So I do a restart to see if that resolves it I get the Dell BIOS screen straight to a black screen The cursor in the upper left flashes ever so briefly you almost miss it Right to black I used my xp cd Bios to black screen to do get into the recovery console a chkdsk says quot no errors Bios to black screen quot but when I force it to do a full scan it say it found one or more problems and when I reboot it works what could this be This all started happening after I got a couple blue screen errors about memory errors when I restarted from them it said a window has recovered from a fatal error The program that caused the blue errors was a exe that is not installed on my pc just a click to run type thing This is my work PC and I can t be down thank you for help in advance it is really really appreciated

A:Bios to black screen

<<...after I got a couple blue screen errors about memory errors,>>

It would help to know exact wording for each error message received.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216333/bios-to-black-screen/
Relevancy 58.91%

After the BIOS screen on my laptop, the screen just goes black for a good minute. Any causes of this, it usually starts in 32 seconds, but now it takes a decade.

A:Black Screen After BIOS

Go to your BIOS and make sure "quick boot" (or similar) is enabled or just try resetting to the default values.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/286281-black-screen-after-bios.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a samsung laptop I turn it on and I can see the bios screen After that the screen just goes black and stays that way and doesn t Screen Black BIOS After boot I am able to get into BIOS and I can see all bootable options I am not able to get into recovery settings or the advanced boot menu I burned my Windows iso to my flash drive and plugged it into the computer I tried automatic repair with it and that didn t fix it I tried doing a system restore but it failed saying quot System Restore failed while copying the registry from the restore point The registry in the restore point was damaged and could not be restored quot The computer was working during that restore point that I will try another one though It appears that something is corrupt within Windows but I m not sure exactly what I Black Screen After BIOS can issue the command in command line since I can boot to my flash drive but I m not sure what files Black Screen After BIOS I need to fix or if I m correct Any advice would be helpful Thanks nbsp

A:Black Screen After BIOS

reset the cmos and see if you then have access to the bios settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-bios.1113153/
Relevancy 58.91%

I was using my PC doing everyday stuff, when out of nowhere my screen just went black, my music was still playing, but my screen was black. Upon restarting my computer manually it black screened yet again, this time right after showing me my RAM amount (just before the BIOS). I took apart the tower and proceeded checking if my graphics card maybe overheated, let it cool down for about 2 hours, put it back together and still had the same problem. I've tried spamming the F8 button right before the bios, but all I get is a black screen.
Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

A:black screen for BIOS

Same post as Black screen before BIOS startup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344670-black-screen-bios.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey,

So long story short I bought a new GPU (gtx 970) after putting that into my machine and installing drivers my BIOS screen was taming like 40 secs to get past then PC would run fine (I also wasn't able to access to BIOS no keys would work). I did nothing about it untill seeing a post about taking the CMOS battery out for 2mins then putting it back in. Now my PC just shows the BIOS screen which I still can't enter then comes up with a black screen. The monitor is still on but screen just black.

I have tried everything I can think of, moving ram slots, taking out hdds moving GPU to another location but nothing changes. The mobo doesn't have onboard graphics so I can't try without the gpu.

Any ideas what this could be?

My mobo is the gigabyte x79 up4

A:Black screen after bios

Have you tried the old GPU?

If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest posting over in the Internal Hardware forums where the experts hang out:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/ 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606199/black-screen-after-bios/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey,

So long story short I bought a new GPU (gtx 970) after putting that into my machine and installing drivers my BIOS screen was taming like 40 secs to get past then PC would run fine (I also wasn't able to access to BIOS no keys would work). I did nothing about it untill seeing a post about taking the CMOS battery out for 2mins then putting it back in. Now my PC just shows the BIOS screen which I still can't enter then comes up with a black screen. The monitor is still on but screen just black.

I have tried everything I can think of, moving ram slots, taking out hdds moving GPU to another location but nothing changes. The mobo doesn't have onboard graphics so I can't try without the gpu.

OS is windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-bios.1166706/
Relevancy 58.91%

Computer has power (light on) drives are working, fan is working, but all I get is a black screen and it never goes to the bios screen...just black. What could be wrong and how can I fix this?

A:Black screen and no bios

What is the make and model of your computer?
Any additional details will help.

Do you hear any beeps when the computer is turned on?
Make sure everything is connected properly.
Has anything changed? When was that last time you were able to use your computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/20905/black-screen-and-no-bios/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone I m having some video card trouble here s the story I was installing the latest Catalyst Black BIOS after screen drivers for my Black screen after BIOS pro a few weeks ago I did the regular process that you re supposed to do but something went wrong in the installation So I decided to restart and try to install it again I did that but it still didn t work so I thought I should try to install the old Catalyst s so I uninstalled what I had of the newly installed drivers I restarted and after the BIOS Windows booting screen came on with the blue loading bar but the Windows start screen did not show up I had a few friends come over and try to help me fix it but there wasn t any luck Thankfully I had an old nVIDIA card lying around and I put that in and it worked fine Now today I got a new graphics card to replace the X Pro and I still have that ATi problem I tried removing everything ATi related in my computer I used the ATi uninstall program Driver Cleaner RegSupreme manually deleting ATi folders I tried deleting some atisomething something files in system but new ones just went back in there I tried all the F options Safe Mode freezes after a few seconds VGA mode doesn t work etc Now I m stumped http www techspot com vb showthread php t amp highlight black screen This guy has the exact same problem as me What I think I can do is just buy an nVIDIA card and not mess with it ever again but I d like to fix it Can anyone help Thanks nbsp

A:Black screen after BIOS

can your PSU handle the ATi card?
second, ATI drivers are known to be buggy. You may have to try a version that works.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-bios.58842/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,
I have a toshiba laptop that goes black after bios starts up.
While I was out on vacation, my little brother formated the laptop with vista-64, although it was originally vista-32. after the format, the computer was running fine but after the restart the screen goes black right after bios screen.
i took out the hard drive and reformated it with xp disc i have.
then i plugged the hard drive back to the original laptop but the result was same. i tried to go into the bios but i cant even go into the setup nor change the boot sequence to the cd.
someone help me please~

A:Screen goes Black after Bios

anyone have any ideas? T.T

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-black-after-bios.740415/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey,

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128785-black-screen-after-bios.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I just installed my new SSD and installed windows 7 to it.Everything was working fine until I reconnected my hdd,now every time I start my pc I get a black screen with a flashing _ on it for about a minute then it boots to windows.How do I fix this?

A:Black Screen after BIOS

Try another SATA port.

Check the BIOS boot order to set SSD first, HDD second. If you need to boot a disk or stick use the BIOS Boot menu key at boot.

Did the HD have an OS at one point? It may have boot code remaining that needs to be wiped with Diskpart Clean Command after moving the data off.

Let us see a maximized Disk Mgmt screenshot showing drive map and listings with all drives attached. Use Snipping Tool in Start Menu, attach file using Paper Clip in Reply Box. Tell us what's on each drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/274579-black-screen-after-bios.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I just installed winxp pro over win98se on my old pent II 450 pc. It seemed to be running fine, no install errors, etc. Now when I rebooted it comes up to a black screen with nothing on it but a line at the top saying Bios ver 3.5 Does this mean I have to upgrade my bios??? is it a driver issue? I can't even access safe mode, help!

A:Black screen with bios ver 3.5??!!!

Sounds like you are hanging at the Bios loading point with the new OS.

Check with the mother board manufacture to see if your Bios is up to date and compatable with Xp Pro. If not, you might want to update the Bios and see if you can at least boot into safe command prompt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-bios-ver-3-5.596073/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey all I m kind of freaking out since I have a final due in eight hours and my laptop went haywire on me I ve searched this forum and have tried some fixes to no avail Earlier today I was working on my Dell M laptop FX video card and I was connected to a monitor via VGA Suddenly the screen froze and an error msg came on concerning my driver I rebooted the laptop only to find my startup screen with vertical hash marks Black works...emergency the Matrix Code, Screen, The Windows XP load screen was fine but after that it went to a black screen I rebooted in safe mode and this was this colorful pattern in the background look like horizontal tire marks then I uninstalled my video card in device manager cleaned out the driver and reinstalled the latest driver No success Black Screen, Matrix Code, the works...emergency Can somebody help me out or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much Thanks nbsp

A:Black Screen, Matrix Code, the works...emergency

If the video corruption occurs on the BIOS splash screen or during the Windows splash screen then you have faulty hardware/video card and you'd have to replace that to resolve it - no quick fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-matrix-code-the-works-emergency.781639/
Relevancy 58.91%

I've just switched on my computer and it has came up with a black screen with a series of code

A:Satellite C50D - black screen with series of code

series of code ?
what is the text you see?
If you google the code you can find the solution.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91032-Satellite-C50D-black-screen-with-series-of-code
Relevancy 58.91%

AS the title says, I recently had a system restore last night after my windows 7 refuse to load. Having done so, it told me to click OK after the system restore to restart my laptop.

I complied and after the BIOS screen load, all i get was a black screen with this _ symbol and thats as far as it goes. Its like looking at a black picture with the symbol only. Anyone got any idea to solve this problem of mine please?

Specs:
Acer Aspire 4745G
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium

A:Black screen after BIOS load screen

If you have any USB devices other than keyboard and mouse, disconnect them, and do a hard shutdown by pressing the power switch down until your computer switches off.

Wait half a minute or so and try booting up again.

If that doesn't work, are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

Failing that you could try a repair install.

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195902-black-screen-after-bios-load-screen.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I am having problems with direct booting into Windows installed into a VHDX file Possible After Black Fixing Screen Boot From Menu Manager][SOLVED] Only F12 UEFI Booting POST. [Boot Boot Issues: BIOS BIOS This is a four-partition UEFI boot on a GPT drive EFI files are residing on a second partition of disk the ESP partition [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu in the EFI [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu folder The boot virtual nbsp disk is residing on the fourth partition of that disk When I turn on the PC it shows black screen after the BIOS POST screen No Windows boot menu no other information is displayed However if I press Shift F or F to start Dell BIOS Boot Menu and choose Windows Boot Manager from the UEFI part of the boot menu Windows starts to boot without difficulties How do I make Windows to boot automatically without having to select Windows Boot Manager in DELL BIOS boot menu I believe I messed up with boot sector somehow What needs to be fixed provided that Windows will boot into VHDX file Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c77735a-be10-4e1e-a4c1-568917f4a54f/boot-managersolved-fixing-uefi-boot-issues-black-screen-after-bios-post-booting-only-possible?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.05%

everytime i installed the drivers for my 980 it gets stuck in a rebooting loop. when i boot into safe mode i get the message that i had a bsod. is this a dead card ?

thanks in advance

A:Bsod on boot new gpu (screen black so cannot give the error code)

Quote: Originally Posted by jord1990

everytime i installed the drivers for my 980 it gets stuck in a rebooting loop. when i boot into safe mode i get the message that i had a bsod. is this a dead card ?

thanks in advance

Try other driver versions too, from Drivers | GeForce Attachment 360713
If the result is the same, change the card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371213-bsod-boot-new-gpu-screen-black-so-cannot-give-error-code.html
Relevancy 58.05%

HI, just moments ago after during a clean installs of windows, I updated my bios and flashed. It rebooted and now there is a black screen and the scroll and caps lock has a light that blink once per interval.

I have a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC dv5-1100

Any Ideas or help to fix this issue?

A:Flashed Bios now Black Screen

Here's what those blinking lights mean: Blank Screen LED Error Codes | HP? Support From what I've read on there, if you haven't formatted the hard drive, boot your PC up and press and hold all four arrow keys. &quot;If a BIOS authentication failure occurs, the computer automatically performs a BIOS recovery. If the computer does not automatically recover the BIOS, manually perform a BIOS recovery. To manually perform a BIOS recovery, press all four arrow keys at the same time to cause the BIOS to go to the EFI partition to find and recover the current BIOS.&quot;

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/327628-flashed-bios-now-black-screen.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am not getting to the BIOS logo. I have tried RAM reset,CMOS reset.When I am trying to reset BIOS using win+B, caps lock is blinking twice but no recovery screen or beeping sound.(CAPS lock does not blinking otherwise). Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/DV6-6155-tx-Black-screen-No-BIOS/td-p/5817377
Relevancy 58.05%

This machine belongs to my friend's mom.  She forgot her password and I am trying to boot it from the Hirens boot CD to see if it is recoverabe. My problem is that if I disable Secure Boot and restart, the screen is black and the machine is unresponsive.  The only way to get it back is to do the BIOS recovery (Win+B keys).  If I do that, the machine will boot up fine and go into Windows (at least the login screen) I  was able to upgrade the BIOS to the latest version thinking that there was an issue.  However, the same behavior occurred when I disabled the Secure Boot and I ended up going back to the F.0E version when I did the recovery. Am i missing some step that would hose-up the BIOS like this? Thanks in advance.

A:BIOS change and black screen

Hi @BobD3,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having issues with a black screen when booting and you forgot the password . I will be glad to help you. Please follow the step from these documents.Computer Does Not Start (Windows 8)How to Recover Your Forgotten Password (Windows 8) Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-change-and-black-screen/td-p/5695797
Relevancy 58.05%

I was using my PC doing everyday stuff, when out of nowhere my screen just went black, my music was still playing, but my screen was black. Upon restarting my computer manually it black screened yet again, this time right after showing me my RAM amount (just before the BIOS). I took apart the tower and proceeded checking if my graphics card maybe overheated, let it cool down for about 2 hours, put it back together and still had the same problem. I've tried spamming the F8 button right before the bios, but all I get is a black screen.
Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

A:Black screen before BIOS startup.

F8 usually comes into play right after the computer's beep or while the brand/OEM logo is on or fading and after the BIOS Setup has been closed. Is the video an onboard adapter or a plug-in PCIe or PCI card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344672-black-screen-before-bios-startup.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I m using after Chkdsk After =/ Screen a Black Bios a notebook and I just hibernate my computer so I decided to finally give it a restart The restart when fine Black Screen After Bios after a Chkdsk =/ I saw the boot screen it was booting I could of aborted the chkdsk but I decided to let it run After it ran the computer restarted and the computer hangs after the bios screen F -- gt Safe Mode Last known good config and all those nice things didn t work I even booted into recovery mode tried chkdsk p fixboot fixmbr none of that worked Anyways right now I booted into the XP CD clicked enter clicked REPAIR and it s just reinstalling over I guess I ve never clicked repair before so I don t know how this is going to work If I have to redo all my configs I might as well do a clean format Originally if worse came to worse I was going to boot linux and just grab all the files I needed out and do a clean format Right now it s reinstalling and hopefully I ll be able to boot after it s done nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop that seems to power up okay but has a black screen with no cursor.  The fan runs for a few seconds and blinking lights show near the cap lock button and on the upper right of the keyboad.  I pulled the hard drive and tested it ok and tried moving the memory around with no luck.  I also tried the reset trick by turning off and holding the power switch for one minute.  I searched this forum and anyplace on the internet that I could find and all I could gather was that this is no uncommon but nobody seemed to have an answer.   Could the cmos battery cause this ?  I always have a a battery available to check but this is a differant style and I will have to order one.  This computer is about two years old and running Vista.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:black screen with no cursor or bios available

Never mind! Looks like you guys have it figured out.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/black-screen-with-no-cursor-or-bios-available/td-p/1937455
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello guys nbsp I kind of bricked my Thinkpad E after having tried to update the BIOS from Windows exe file from the support page The laptop rebooted then the BIOS flash seemed to execute correctly and after a final reboot black screen nbsp I tried to hard reboot but the screen does not give any screen BIOS, E330, black cursor E330, BIOS, black screen or text nbsp CMOS battery removal before start offers a one time chance to see the BIOS info page but every action I try to take Enter to pause screen ALT F to go to the settings or simply wait leads to an error message saying that the clock date is incorrect The laptop then reboot and offers me the black screen nbsp At this point I do not know how to solve the problem as the warranty and support expired for a long time now I also tried to burn the BIOS with Wincrisis tool without success nbsp Does anyone have a clue about this problem Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E330-BIOS-black-screen/td-p/3378602
Relevancy 58.05%

I'll try to give as much information as I can This morning I ran an Avast virus scan and it detected two files which it Screen, to Won't Boot, get Black Can't BIOS put in the chest It suggested a reboot and something about an additional scan I do not remember Won't Boot, Black Screen, Can't get to BIOS the files tagged nor the scan it suggested I rebooted since it all seemed reasonable Upon reboot it never got to desktop It didn't get anywhere splash screen Windows logo nothing After many minutes I held the power button to manually shut down This has happened a few times in the last six months But it always worked again after turning back on post manual power down But now it Won't Boot, Black Screen, Can't get to BIOS didn't I tried several Won't Boot, Black Screen, Can't get to BIOS times same thing I even left it on for over an hour thinking maybe something is happening in the background but nothing No clues or indications as to what is wrong Always a black screen No mouse cursor or anything Monitor says it isn't getting a signal I did research all day on the topic I tried getting to a safe mode or to BIOS by tapping function keys No avail I tried booting with the Windows recovery DVD I got with the computer Nothing I tried unplugging the battery for minutes to clear memory Nothing changed Tried replacing the battery No luck After unplugging and plugging back in the battery to clear memory the problem seems worse actually Now shutting down the machine requires simply pressing the button rather than holding it There are no unusual sounds from the machine Power lights come on as expected fans hum and I get a single beep Nothing after that I tried another monitor different cables nothing appears in any combination Always a black screen I'm about out of ideas Any advice I've been able to solve many PC issues with the internet's help but this one has me stumped Windows Alienware X If more detail is needed I can provide Thanks in advance

A:Won't Boot, Black Screen, Can't get to BIOS

It could be a bad video card that failed by coincidence. When you tap F12 at boot do you get a Diagnostic menu? You can try powercycling the computer. Unplug the power cord, take out the battery, and then hold the power button down for 30 seconds. But the battery back in, attach the power cord and boot the computer. You may have to reset BIOS to default if it works.

When you tried the Windows 7 install disk did the CD light show any activity of the drive reading the disk?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564547/wont-boot-black-screen-cant-get-to-bios/
Relevancy 58.05%

I restarted my computer yesterday and after it rebooted it must have activvated some malware or virus problem Pop-ups and the like I ran my anti-malware and indeed found some deleted all it could and then it by black screen a followed BIOS dead asked for a restart to delete the ones it couldn t and thats when BIOS followed by a black dead screen the big problem happened My computer begins to boot I get through the BIOS then nothing but a black screen and my computer just sits there with the fans running untill I press the powerkey and force it to shutdown It will not boot in safe mode and I have tried a windows repair and that too just resulted in the same black screen after BIOS I m not all the technical and can t seem to find what this might be called and now I m just hoping this problem is fixable without BIOS followed by a black dead screen wiping the harddrive Again computer was working BIOS followed by a black dead screen fine restarted found malware virus restarted a second time black screen after BIOS no safe mode repair didn t work I don t really know much about my comps specs of hand but it is running Windows XP media edition and thats about all the more I know without being able to access it nbsp

A:BIOS followed by a black dead screen

Has no one heard of such a problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-followed-by-a-black-dead-screen.959555/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I am having an unusual problem with Desktop PC Sometimes when I boot the computer it will show the Gigabyte splash and then go black the moment it switches to what would have been the quot starting windows quot screen I am positive that it after BIOS screen Splash Black is not Black screen after BIOS Splash the monitor because I never hear the Black screen after BIOS Splash windows login sounds or music When this happens the only way I am able to fix it temporarily is by re-slotting the memory sticks in the motherboard I did this on a suggestion that it may be a bad stick but based on my experience of switching them out and using them separately this doesn't appear to be the case Any suggestions on how to proceed Thank you for looking Desktop Windows Enterprise GIGABYTE GA- A-UD P AM AMD SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard AMD FD FRHKBOX FX- FX-Series -Core Black Edition MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX OC GB GDDR DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card N TF GD OC Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR MHz PC Desktop Memory CML GX M A C

A:Black screen after BIOS Splash

I have had similar issues, but sometimes it can be a combination of issues rather than just one.

First I suggest you reset your BIOS, then configure as you need it. Then disconnect all SATA connections except your boot device. Also and even more importantly disconnect ALL your USB connections, including mouse and keyboard.

Boot... see what happens. Boot a few times to make sure you have a consistent response.

All well? try reconnecting SATA devices one at a time booting after each addition. All not well, determine the SATA device causing the problem. Try it on a different SATA port to determine if the port on mother board is the problem.

Repeat with USB devices.

lf on the other hand after removing USB and SATA devices you still get this problem, run memtest. post results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-bios-splash-1157346.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Not Death? Black BIOS of Screen a hardware guru and seem to have hit the wall on figuring this one out Need a fresh viewpoint Dell Dimension old but doing all I need -- have a newer machine for higher end apps Fully up-to-date XP No recent changes other than XP updates Away from BIOS Black Screen of Death? it when something happened Screen was black but the machine was apparently running Hard reboot got to Starting Windows then went black No cursor or anything else on screen Subsequent reboots sometimes did not get past POST but then once made it as far as the Windows password request Each time ended in a black screen Was trying to see if a Windows Update occurred that needed several reboots to complete which has happened before Eventually got stuck steadily before Windows even started Boot message would come on and the screen would black too fast to actually read anything Disconnected all peripherals -- including hard drive and opticals -- except mouse keyboard and GPU Swapped mice keyboard and GPUs in turn without a change Fearing a dying motherboard I examined it closely and found a row of leaking capacitors I purchased and installed a new exact duplicate of the motherboard but the problem persists The power light stays green The Dell status lights A-D show Green Green Green Amber I hear two quick beeps after the initial boot message I can hit F to start the System Setup but that screen shows for only a second before it goes black What I see is Dell splash screen then the two beeps then Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Copyright - Phoenix Technologies Ltd Copyright - Dell Computer Corporation All Rights Reserved Dell System Dimension Series BIOS Version A www dell com Diskette drive seek failure Keyboard failure No boot device available - strike F to retry boot F for setup utility The diskette drive error is presumably the fact that the HD is unplugged but I should be able to get through System Setup anyway The keyboard works to hit F though it is a USB keyboard and the system originally had a PS keyboard The monitor power light stays blue indicating there is a signal it goes amber if the signal is lost I suspect the BIOS is confused and could be resolved in System Setup if I could keep it on screen Thoughts on how to get there thanks nbsp

A:BIOS Black Screen of Death?

Dell splash screen, then the two beeps then
Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07
Copyright 1985-1988 Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1998-2001 Dell Computer Corporation
All Rights Reserved

Dell System Dimension 8300 Series
BIOS Version A07
www.dell.com

Diskette drive 0 seek failure
Keyboard failure

No boot device available -
strike F1 to retry boot F2 for setup utility

this means that your hard drive isn't booting up windows.

this has happened to me once. i was replacing a motherboard(replacing mobo with a new mobo, but the same exact one, just like you are) and the hard drive didn't want to boot up. Pretty much i had to get the hard drive, put it in another computer, back up files, and reformat and reinstall windows again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-black-screen-of-death.946123/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, My Yoga crashed yesterday after discarding some changes before exiting my bios and now it won't boot. The keyboard lights up but the display won't. After browsing the forum I've learned that it might be possible to boot in some form of recovery by pressing FN+R and reflashing the bios from a memory stick.  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Bios-Recovery-For-ideapad-laptops/td-p/... The guide talks about a .wph file but I can't unpack the bios exe on my desktop because , well, it's not the corect mainboard.  Can someone please extract this bios http://support.lenovo.com/downloads/ds035004 and upload the resulting files? Thank you.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-black-screen-bios/td-p/3351986
Relevancy 58.05%

I searched around the forums for a bit and even tried some things that could possible alleviate my problem but to no avail Here s the situation My main pc was having problems I would be boot, bios. black no not screen, will PC playing a game writing an PC will not boot, black screen, no bios. email or something as simple as browsing the web and my pc would lag for - min or would just freeze up I would try to reboot the PC will not boot, black screen, no bios. pc and sometimes it would get to the windows loading screen and it would PC will not boot, black screen, no bios. freeze or it would just get past the loading screen and just remain black I could always get into BIOS though One thing that would always work would be for me to shut the pc off for an hour and then reboot Then it would run great for a while I decided to just reinstall Windows Ultimate and start over fresh After installing the OS I started to reinstall old programs and low and behold my pc would freeze lag again Rebooting would result in the black screen freeze also So what I did was take everything apart and put everything back together again The only thing I changed out was the cpu cooler because I figured it might be an overheating issue the gpu was never hot So after installing everything back the way they were I powered up and the real headache started Now nothing comes up on my screen and the power button on my monitor just blinks like it s in sleep mode not detecting anything I also get no beeps but it does sound like it s trying to boot All the power is running through the mb led is on all fans are going strong including the gfx card and the dvd drive is going can open and close Both hard drives are plugged in properly for power and sata cables to the mb Things I ve tried -Unplugged everything besides the power cable internal and external powered on everything running no beeps -Tried plugging in just gfx card and power no change no beeps -Tried just one hd or the other no change no beeps -Tried one stick of RAM at a time no change no beeps -Tried a different monitor no change no beeps -Replaced the gfx card no change no beeps -Cleaned and replaced thermal compound on cpu no change no beeps -I ve unplugged all cables and plugged them back in to check for looseness I ve heard about resetting the BIOS somehow through the mb hardware but I m not sure how to do that Also I ve heard that the battery on your mb can go bad but I haven t replaced that yet either I ve been working on this for most of the day so there might be some things that I ve tried already that I didn t mention I could use some advice if anyone has any to give Right now I m sitting with a paper weight nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

yeh i just resolved an issue and happy so everything turns on great but at start up screen nothing comes up the monitor picks up the signal but just pitch black. how can i get to the bio screen if its doing this? help would be appreciated thanks

A:my cpu shows black screen no bios please help

Hello again!

There is a chance that you have fried your motherboard (from trying to turn it on without the riser pins installed).

Here's what I would try (and confirm) before RMAing the board.
1. Reset CMOS using the jumpers (look in your manual). If your board doesn't have CMOS reset jumpers, then unplug all power, and take the CMOS battery out for a half hour.
2. Can you test parts on another computer? Are you sure your monitor works? What about that video card? What is it? Does it require a connection of its own to the PSU? (many do).

Probably a good idea to list your system components in detail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cpu-shows-black-screen-no-bios-please-help.39073/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, i have a noteboook hp pavilion dv7 2050 es, the last week I shutdown my computer and when I on the notebook, only appear and black screen. the battery of the bios fell. Not appear the menu of the bios, even pressing esc. f2 or f10. I tried connect another external sreen but was black too. There is not signal of leds in the keyboard, only when I start the computer they light on once time and no more. I do not have the partition of recovery or the hp_tools. I try to use the hp pc hardware diagnostics 3 in 1 usb key, also put the bios in a usb or in cd (f.42 and f.33) but anything function.Why i can do in order to re-install de bios? 

A:Black screen in the notebook, no bios

Try a hard reset.Disconnect all external devices first.1-remove power cord and battery2-press power button for 30 seconds3-reinstall only power cord for first startup.4-try power on

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-in-the-notebook-no-bios/td-p/5720217
Relevancy 58.05%

i just update my bios then my laptop dont start just black screen
i tried f2,f8,f12 nothin happen
i think i dont have my bios anymore
hope anyone can help thx

A:Black screen after update bios

Sounds like a bad flash.

Unfortunately 'laptop' doesn't really give us anything really to work with.

Brand, model and flash method may help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/68658-black-screen-after-update-bios.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have the 8.1 screen bios black Windows Thinkpad X t and normally run Windows x with touch just fine I installed the preview version of Windows x today The installation completed quite OK At the end of the installation the installer tries to quot set Windows 8.1 black screen bios up my account quot but then says that it cannot do it at this time and that I can do it later I said OK then log on with my usual Microsoft username and password Once I'm in the desktop a message popped up saying Windows cannot find my profile in c windows system a place like that This message repeats when I tried to open Desktop Downloads or Documents I then tried to do a few things in Windows but responses were super slow I then restarted the computer but it froze in the blue restart screen I then forced a manual restart Now I get a black screen right after Bios screen quot Press Enter to interrupt Normal startup quot No flashing cursor just a plain black screen None of the keys are responsive except Ctrl-Alt-Del which will restart the computer and the same thing happens Since I don't have a DVD drive I cannot boost using the Windows DVD Could somebody help me please Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 black screen bios

I would revert back to your windows 8 install via the built in factory restore software, then update your BIOS to the latest and then make sure all your other drivers are up to date.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28775-windows-8-1-black-screen-bios.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have an HP DV laptop running Windows that recently crashed big time About a week ago it started shutting down randomly I use compressed air to blow the dust out and use a cooling set access up to Black or bios no screen fan So it wasn't shutting down from over heating I ran an anit-virus and malware programs which found a handful of infected files This seemed to have fixed the issue as it quit shutting down randomly A few days later I Black screen no access to bios or set up was having program not responding issues and powered down to reboot by holding down the power button When is started back up I didn't get the normal menu with a safe mode selection but rather one said I needed to run windows repair I did just that Black screen no access to bios or set up and it warned me it could take several minutes and that it would reboot itself I went to do somethings and returned hours later I came back to the monitors being a solid sea foam green think windows desktop I tried my mouse then touchpad and my laptop didn't respond I once again shut it down by holding the power button down When I turned it back on you can here everything power up but that's it Just a black screen without the option to access the bios or set up I'm pretty sure the graphic card and monitors are fine as it does send a signal to my second monitor and takes it out of stand-by mode Plus the were both green before shutting down There are no beeps happening but the light on the caps lock does flash on and off

A:Black screen no access to bios or set up

Hi and welcome to TSF it sounds like a motherboard issue Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx Entertainment Notebook PC | HP? Support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-no-access-to-bios-or-set-up-695802.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I just purchased a few upgrades for computer and before i screen BIOS, getting black After changing replaced my RAM i went into the BIOS to change the settings of the RAM to which After changing BIOS, getting black screen was at and did a reset before i changed anything out After the reset it went to a black screen and the monitor brings up the amber button and after a few times of resetting a black screen with a flashing cursor came up this was without even changing any of my new pieces in yet I looked into my computer to see and my graphic cards fan wasn t spinning so i replaced my graphic card and the fan began to spin but still getting a black screen with nothing on it not even a cursor anymore I decided to do a bench test to figure this out and just used the essentials of CPU graphic card stick of - gb RAM PSU and the MOBO Made sure everything was plugged in including the pin the pin the graphic card and the CPU Fan Everything is getting power the CPU fan is running graphic card is spinning the MOBO has the green light indicating its on but still the black screen of death Ive tried different graphic cards different monitors different RAM amp gb a different PSU and still nothing I made sure all my jumpers were on correct removed the CMOS battery swapped the battery out did a jumper reset and im not getting any beeps but still nothing This is the first time i tried upgrading my system and i do not O C anything but my graphic card which isnt the problem Im thinking it could be the motherboard but all i did was change the BIOS Any help is welcomed and i just wanta get this fixed Specs Windows ult bit CPU AMD phenom x black edition ghz Memory - gb ghz kingston hyperx ram PSU w Cool Master silver Mobo Asus M A T-E Gfx BFG Tech gtx gb nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I have Bios after Screen Load Black a Dell XPS M running Windows XP I went to reboot the laptop today and while the initial Black Screen after Bios Load Bios i think it's called that loaded up the screen never got to the Windows loading page It is just a black Black Screen after Bios Load screen with no mouse Cntrl alt Black Screen after Bios Load delete doesn't work I can't get into safe mode it's just all black I haven't downloaded anything new in the past weeks this just happened out of nowhere I tried doing a recovery console I was able to boot up from my xp CD and when I hit R and started to copy files the process was stopped on a few occasions stating Setup cannot copy file mountmgr sys modem sys ulib dll syssetup dll amdk sys mf sys tcpmonui dll tunmp sys update sys agpcpq sys almin sys amdagp sys Each one was found at a different completion of the recovery process I also did a Bios diagnostic check and the memory and hardware seemed to be fine

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-bios-load-409839.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

When my computer loads up,after the bios i get a black screen. I am unable to enter safe mode or even boot from the Windows XP. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone there BIOS) after screen up Cannot boot 7 (black I don't know if this is the right place Cannot boot up 7 (black screen after BIOS) but I think so and I'll try Well I won't introduce myself as I want to be quick Let's go to the problem So I was using Windows when I came out with the idea of installing Windows XP as was sucking my memory up MB of my beloved RAM So I read a tut on how to install XP after was installed and after XP's first stage of setup it told me to restart But for my surprise it wouldn't boot a screen Cannot boot up 7 (black screen after BIOS) appeared telling me BootMGR was corrupt So I managed to get a Vista DVD Not cause I couldn't find it and ran the Command Prompt So I wrote what the tutorial told me to write -Bootrec exe fixMGR -Bootrec exe fixBoot It showed me up as the operation was successful so I restarted my PC Now WTF I can't get to because a black screen it was blank stayed after nd Boot stage So I put the Vista DVD again on my drive and installed it over the partition where XP would have been After installing everything I'd expect a Vista or boot but again it wouldn't let me Now I got my PC ruined up I cannot boot from hard drive because of this What shall I do Is there a way I can get back Please help

A:Cannot boot up 7 (black screen after BIOS)

Quote: Originally Posted by Picu97

Hi everyone there!

I don't know if this is the right place, but I think so and I'll try.Well, I won't introduce myself, as I want to be quick.
Let's go to the problem. So I was using Windows 7 when I came out with the idea of installing Windows XP, as 7 was sucking my memory up (300 MB of my beloved 512 RAM). So I read a tut on how to install XP after 7 was installed, and after XP's first stage of setup, it told me to restart. But for my surprise it wouldn't boot (a screen appeared telling me BootMGR was corrupt). So I managed to get a Vista DVD (Not 7 cause I couldn't find it), and ran the Command Prompt. So I wrote what the tutorial told me to write:
-Bootrec.exe /fixMGR
-Bootrec.exe /fixBoot
It showed me up as the operation was successful, so I restarted my PC. Now, WTF, I can't get to 7 because a black screen (it was blank) stayed after 2nd Boot stage.
So I put the Vista DVD again on my drive and installed it over the partition where XP would have been. After installing everything I'd expect a Vista or 7 boot, but, again it wouldn't let me!
Now I got my PC ruined up, I cannot boot 7 from hard drive because of this. What shall I do? Is there a way I can get 7 back? Please help!!

Picu

You do know that with 512 win 7 will barely run at all right? minimum is 1 gig and that is without any aero effects.

In dual booting it is always easier to install the older OS first.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/117790-cannot-boot-up-7-black-screen-after-bios.html
Relevancy 58.05%

hii have this problem that my laptop can t start and only show black screen after i did bios update to f 24 a and i tried to seach for solution and i find one for bios recovery by clicking win + b but my problem that win button not working is their any other way the screen is black i can t do anything

A:black screen after bios update

Hi @sinisterx ,I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the black screen. I will be glad to help you.  Here is a document to help with Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10). Here is the link to Restoring the BIOS.. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/black-screen-after-bios-update/td-p/5602713
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,  My P70 has had a blackscreen with the fans on and power light on. I do believe that the BIOS is dead after I pulled the plug on it updating the BIOS when it black screened during the update restart.  Draining the battery to reboot the BIOS hasn't worked. I read on a forum that depending on the motherboard, the BIOS can be rebooted by a dual BIOS, or by a BIOS USB/CD file.  Where can I download bios from a USB?  The biggest problem that needs to be solved is how to overcome the fact that the CPU doesn't boot and therefore I can't enter the motherboard BIOS.  Any ideas?   

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-black-screen-and-bios-reboot/td-p/3342407
Relevancy 58.05%

I updated BIOS on the above laptop about 10 days ago and since then just have a blank screen. Power light is on but thats all. No other flashing lights. The laptop will not turn on???

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Black-screen-after-BIOS-update/td-p/5786671
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, when I push the power button on my Asus k50ab all I can see
is a black screen and the power light on.
1. Windows doesn't start at all.
2. Even when I tried to start with my RAM removed it's the same, only black screen,
no sound, nothing.
3. I tried to shuffle my RAM around in any possible combination is the same.
4. I also tried to start with my HDD removed, its the same.
5. I tried (quite a lot) to remove the battery, unplug the cable then
press the power button for 60 seconds and then start without the battery,
but sadly no result. Even tried it with my lid in the lowest angle possible.
6. I also tried to plug a monitor to my laptop (I did also press Fn+F8 to change
displays), but still nothing.
If anyone has any idea whats going on I'll be very thankful.

A:Black screen, no POST, no BIOS

hi dont quote me on most as not qualified and sure someone will get to u soon but can u see anything faintly in the back ground as i had that prob and notice at certain angles if i looked close enough i could see .. it turned out to be my lcd cable if screen is totally black could be number of things like cable inverter backlight or actual screen .. sure a tech will see this soon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-no-post-no-bios.178816/
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm clueless and on my iPod. Why? Today I was playing Crossfire (a FPS game) and suddenly the screen froze and pressing alt + tab or alt+ctrl+delete did not change anything. As a last resort I pressed the restate button. It loaded as usual and before the log in screen arrived the whole screen went black and I couldn't do anything. I've tried restarting and waiting for a long time now. I try f8 to enter safe node but it takes me to a blue menu with nothing but 2 booting options. I don't have any CD for my xp and My computer has no cd slot but it does have a floppy disc spot.

Any help? I'm totally stumped and wondering if I need to buy a new PC...

Srry for any mistakes I'm kinda rushing to post this.

Relevancy 58.05%

Well i've gone and done it. I attempted to update my BIOS and in the middle of it, the screen went black and the computer refuses to boot up.

HP Pavilion dv9628nr.

I've been trying to research this for over a week now and i've tried everything i've come across. I haven't been able to use a CRISIS RECOVERY DISK to bring the BIOS back to life and i've tried it sever different ways now. Nothing seems to work. Could i be doing it wrong? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 58.05%

I have an HP G72 laptop. A few days ago I was thinking about installingubuntu. I booted from the LiveUSB. For some reason or another, I'm claiming temporary insanity, when the 'Try Ubuntu' screen came up, Ipressed the power button on the latop instead of going through the restart option.Now the laptop will not boot from the hard drive. It shows no BIOS or anything, just a black screen. The fan is running, the wifi light is lit, the number lock is lit but the screen is totally blank. I connected an external monitor and it doesn't show anything either.However, if I put the Ubuntu Live USB in, the system will boot from it and the external monitor will show Ubuntu.Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Black screen, No BIOS, No beeps......

I resolved the issue.  Not sure how but I tore the system down to the base components and put them back together and it booted up just fine into Windows.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-No-BIOS-No-beeps/td-p/2910275
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi All,

I have a Dell Inspirion using Windows Vista operating system. I went to activate the computer by moving the mouse and I had a black screen. Mouse arrow is active but nothing on the monitor, only a black screen. Went to diagnose the problem and it gave me this error code:
Error code# 0f00:137b
Blank media or no media is present in optical drive.
IDE SATA CDRW DVD TS H0493A

It asks me to insert recovery disc. Unfortunately, I do not have the recovery disc. I purchased the computer used. Can I fix this problem with out the recovery disc? And how would I do it? Thanks for your help in advance.
Mike

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspirion-error-code-0f00-137b-black-screen.871723/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Dell Inspirion using Windows Vista operating system. I have a visible cursor, but a black screen upon startup. Mouse arrow is active but nothing on the monitor, only a black screen. Ran diagnostics and it gave me this error code:

Error code# 0f00:137b
Blank media or no media is present in optical drive.
IDE SATA CDRW DVD TS H0493A

Help.

Frieda

A:Dell Inspirion error code 0f00:137b black screen

After doing a hardware Diagnostices test and Pre-Boot System Assessment, I determined the computer passed all tests. So, I went into System Restore and did a 'Factory Restore Only"; this solved my problem. Thankfully, the hard drive was still okay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspirion-error-code-0f00-137b-black-screen.919219/
Relevancy 57.62%

Every since I've replaced my keyboard... On start up of XP the screen goes black and a whole technical looking list appears "Phoenix Bios" .. it scurries through #'s and then I get my regular start-up screen. ( loooooong wait).

I've learned not to click the F# key it advises for setting up because then I get super lost, and end up restarting.

Any idea how I can fix this black screen with technical stuff on it at startup? I'm fairly certain something went amuck with the setup wizzard when I plugged in this new keyboard.

A:Black Screen on Startup-Bios Settup-XP

What you are seeing is the boot-up process with no "splash screen" to hide it at a guess.

The option to enable the splash screen is probably in the BIOS, where you have already noted, you don't want to go.

If so, it's normal (I always have my PC's booting this way) and with the splash screen, its still happening, just hidden from view.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-startup-bios-settup-xp.174471/
Relevancy 57.62%

All keyboard codes do is change the screen to say "setup" or Diagnostics or Boot. but never past that point. I'm trying to boot from CD or Flash drive to recover.  Sorry for the upside down pic it was right side up. You get the idea. If there is no way to get into the bios then this pc seems done. 

A:Can't get into bios on envy 20. Stuck on black screen

@Realist123 , Hello and thank you for posting on the HP support forums.  Here is a link for recovery of the BIOS. Restoring the BIOS If you are still having this issue please contact HP phone support for repair options. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Thank you again for posting and have a great day.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Can-t-get-into-bios-on-envy-20-Stuck-on-black-screen/td-p/4940118
Relevancy 57.62%

bought more ram for a friend's laptop, tried installing it but blank screen appeared, so was told via instructions with new ram to update bios which i did,
after reboot all i get is a black screen, power light on keyboard comes up, fans turn on, but that is it. FRUSTRATING.

The system specs are
Toshiba satellite a110- psab6c-cf100e

Intel® Celeron M processor 410 (1.46GHz, 512MHz ram)
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
60GB

was going to add 1gb of ram to it, which is compatible, but for now i have the 512mb original ram installed.

any help would be appreciated,
thanks

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone I have a HP MODEL DV ea The other night when I turned it on it would not boot and all I got was a blank screen I cannot boot into the Bios I have been on the HP Website and tried the following Removing battery and cables and pressing down the power button for minute Then replacing cables and booting Holding down the Windows key PLUS the B key and then the power key for second and allowing the machine to boot into bios and restore the bios Those were the details DVD in HP Black screen! Bios corrupted Notebook. I got some the HP website on my specific machine So far nothing has worked I have heard it could be a problem with the motherboard Does anyone have any ideas Is it possible to boot into the Bios corrupted in HP DVD Notebook. Black screen! BIOS from this situation Many thanks Jake Shiraz NB In case anyone is thinking how I know the BIOS is corrupted it has a light which flashes intermittently next to the Capitals lock and another at the top right-hand part of the keyboard

A:Bios corrupted in HP DVD Notebook. Black screen!

Bios battery is probably dead. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543172/bios-corrupted-in-hp-dvd-notebook-black-screen/
Relevancy 57.62%

any body can help me please. after upgrade my NEC Versa P8100 Laptop bios its not opening. screen is competely black.

A:after upgrading the bios my laptop screen was black

When you downloaded that bios , what link did you use - please post here
There may be a recovery procedure available
was the bios upgrade interupted at all ?

Heres an exampe DO NOT DO THIS - we need to know more detail
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm
http://www.technibble.com/how-to-recover-from-a-bad-bios-update/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-upgrading-the-bios-my-laptop-screen-was-black.892140/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, everyone. I recently had a new computer built for me (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/svHXMp) but I've had an issue with actually getting it to load past BIOS over the past two weeks.

Currently, the system will boot to BIOS, as I don't have an operating system installed on my SSD, and then go to a black screen with a blinking cursor if I don't input any commands to take me to the status/options screens.

Yesterday, I tried installing Ubuntu on the computer just to see if I could get a working OS on it, but it went to the same black screen instead of loading the installer. I've looked in the options and the computer recognizes my HDD, SSD, and USB, and I've swapped the boot order around more times than I care to remember, but I honestly have no clue what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 57.62%

I'm afraid I did something stupid. Accidentally, I updated a one-version-older bios from HP website over the already-installed newest one, since that caused problem after the first reboot. Then it worked fine, but I thought it's better to start everything over...bad idea!
Now after reboot, I have a black screen the system seems (?!) to boot, disk is spinning, but after a few sec I don't get ahead. Not even to the bios menu !!! Scary...I hope I did not screw my motherboard!!!
So far I tried only one thing: unplug the powercord, take out the battery, and after a few minutes I put everything back, boot, but the same: no screen!
What sould I do now?
my sytem: HP DV2000t laptop, Vistax32, T2050 CPU, 1gig ram, intel945pm chipset, geforce 7200 GPU

Relevancy 57.62%

Ok, so...I just got over my BSOD problem by disabling crossfire on my system. It was working fine for a few days (And it still technically is), but I'm having a strange issue now. The computer turns on and loads windows fine, but the screen is black until Windows actually loads. Basically, I don't see a splash screen for the motherboard and there's no way for me to get into the BIOS.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Any ideas?

System Specs:
Processor: Intel i7 3960x
Motherboard: ASRock Extreme 9 X79 chipset
16 GB of RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz
Graphics: 2 x Radeon 7970's (Both cards are connected, despite Crossfire being disabled)

A:Screen goes black UNTIL windows turns on: Can't get into BIOS

Does the motherboard have a built in video port? You could try hooking your monitor to that to get into the BIOS. Then from there.. not sure, maybe the internal video port was enabled by a BIOS reset or something, try turning it off and maybe it'll then use your normal card(s) during POST?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/212984-screen-goes-black-until-windows-turns-cant-get-into-bios.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello just wanted S... bios Black Screen / with V5 473p Others Updating to share my solution to updating the bios of v p V5 473p / Others Updating bios with Black Screen S... when you encounter a black screen nbsp I was having problems because Acer only had the exe file for the bios of this version laptop nbsp When you want to update the bios from a usb stick it does not contain any directions nbsp This may work for other models too so here is what I did to get this to work nbsp nbsp nbsp Download the latest exe bios file from Acer's website nbsp nbsp Run this file from any laptop or desktop nbsp nbsp When it fully opens it will say wrong version laptop or something to that effect nbsp Goto your temp direction where it was temporarily extracted c users your username AppData Local Temp nbsp Locate the folder where everything was extracted in my case it was ZSDF tmp the file that you really need is the fd file nbsp nbsp Copy all these files to a formatted FAT USB stick nbsp nbsp Take the usb stick and plug it into your V p nbsp nbsp Plug in your power cord with your fingers holding down FN and ESC buttons power on laptop at same time nbsp Let go of power button and keep pressing FN and ESC buttons you should see your usb stick reading but your screen will not show anything nbsp nbsp Keep holding for up to minutes nbsp Your laptop will shut off or power down nbsp nbsp Take usb stick out and power up your screen should be working nbsp nbsp This took me a few days after googling and trying to extract the exe file with -zip nbsp However with -zip it doesn't fully unzip everything as it was missing the fd file nbsp Hope this works for you

A:V5 473p / Others Updating bios with Black Screen S...

You can do the same thing with 7zip, but this doesn't work for Insyde 2.0 bios.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V5-473p-Others-Updating-bios-with-Black-Screen-Solution/td-p/429077/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Let me explain what has happened I have an ASUS X C laptop which has been working perfectly up to a couple of weeks ago Now when the laptop is switched on no POST or BIOS is available and Windows will not boot All attempts at booting from BIOS black no access Laptop with screen to has a USB or CD DVD recovery image have failed because I cannot access the boot menu to change the boot order I have Laptop has black screen with no access to BIOS tried lots of tricks but still no hope The only hope I get is that when I take the HDD out I can load the BIOS but when I plug the HDD again nothing happens I need urgent help as on the HDD I have my computer science project and without it by the rd of August I ve failed my Laptop has black screen with no access to BIOS first year at university Please throw at me all hints tips fixes even if they re temporary that you guys have Would it be possible to GHOST the HDD and replace the HDD would that work Many thanks Adam nbsp

A:Laptop has black screen with no access to BIOS

Hi AdamE071,
As the data is important, I would suggest testing your HDD in a different PC and seeing if it is recognized in BIOS, device manager and disk management. If you can see the drive in BIOS but you cannot access the data on it you can give Linux Live CD/USB a chance &#8211; it is a safe way to recover your data as it will either see it and provide access to it or you won't be able to do so. In the later case, the most fool-proof way to recover the information would be to contact a data recovery company. Other than that you could try data recovery software, however, keep in mind that there are no guarantees for successful recovery and that such programs can actually damage the driver further.
As for the system itself I would recommend making sure that all the components and cables are firmly in place and that the motherboard is not short circuiting with the case of the laptop. Afterwards, see if there are any swollen captivators on the motherboard and reset your CMOS (motherboard) battery. If nothing helps the only other option I see would be to contact an expert.
P.S. Keep in mind that some of the actions mentioned above could void the warranty of your system.
Hope it helps and keep me posted,
Frost_WD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-has-black-screen-with-no-access-to-bios.1152461/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,After working normally, I restarted my 1.5 years old Yoga 2 and received the "Default boot device missing or boot failed. Insert recovery media and hit any key.".  I used the Novo button to enter the BIOS. Options 1, 3 and 4, take me back to "Default boot device missing" (Normal startup, boot menu and system recovery). Option 2 (Bios Setup) takes me to a black screen. No text, nothing. Pc goes completely idle.  Any suggestions?  The pc was working just fine before I rebooted. Pc runs on Windows 10.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Bios-setup-goes-to-black-screen-PC-wont-boot/td-p/3350106
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello just wanted to share my solution to updating the bios of v p when you encounter a black screen nbsp I Screen 473p S... Updating / bios Black V5 Others with was having problems because Acer only had the exe file V5 473p / Others Updating bios with Black Screen S... for the bios of this version laptop nbsp When you want to update the bios from a usb stick it does not contain any directions nbsp This may work for other models too so here is what I did to get this to work nbsp nbsp nbsp Download the latest exe bios file from Acer's website nbsp nbsp Run this file from any laptop or desktop nbsp nbsp When it fully opens it will say wrong version laptop or something to that effect nbsp Goto your temp direction where it was temporarily extracted c users your username AppData Local Temp nbsp Locate the folder where everything was extracted in my case it was ZSDF tmp the file that you really need is the fd file nbsp nbsp Copy all these files to a formatted FAT USB stick nbsp nbsp Take the usb stick and plug it into your V p nbsp nbsp Plug in your power cord with your fingers holding down FN and ESC buttons power on laptop at same time nbsp Let go of power button and keep pressing FN and ESC buttons you should see your usb stick reading but your screen will not show anything nbsp nbsp Keep holding for up to minutes nbsp Your laptop will shut off or power down nbsp nbsp Take usb stick out and power up your screen should be working nbsp nbsp This took me a few days after googling and trying to extract the exe file with -zip nbsp However with -zip it doesn't fully unzip everything as it was missing the fd file nbsp Hope this works for you

A:V5 473p / Others Updating bios with Black Screen S...

You can do the same thing with 7zip, but this doesn't work for Insyde 2.0 bios.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V5-473p-Others-Updating-bios-with-Black-Screen-Solution/td-p/429077
Relevancy 57.62%

Model HP Pavilion d se OS Windows XP Home d4595.se - NO SCREEN HP BLACK BIOS Pavilion Edition Processor AMD Athlon X -processor Nvidia GeForce LE Memory GB DDR SDRAM GB x GB Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Sound Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Problem Hi For some months ago my HP Pavilion d4595.se BLACK SCREEN - NO BIOS computer crashed while i was playing Crysis it sount odd in the loudspeakers and everything went black When HP Pavilion d4595.se BLACK SCREEN - NO BIOS i started it the next time the computer couldnt find system So I reinstalled Windows XP and formated my computer completely Everything worked greatly until yesterday I had just quit the game Oblivion and listened to music when suddenly i heard this loud beeeeep from the loudspeakers and the screen went black The sound was terrible but i figured that it did not come from the motherboard since the sound stopped when i turned of the loudspeakers When i tried to start the computer the fans went crazy and were very loud The computer was not hot at the time of the crash and nothing smelled burnt My problem is now that the screen is just black I can t even get into bios I have no idea what to do Please help me i have been struggling with this computer for so long now and nothing seems to work Is there a problem with the hardware nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-d4595-se-black-screen-no-bios.899107/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there!
I have this strange problem:I can't see my Bios loading .The screen is totaly black untill the windows' welcome screen , and then everything is back to normal.
It happened when I updated my motherboard Bios (Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI ,Rev. 1.0) through the original vendor's Website .
Any idea , what happened?
Thanks!

A:Solved: Black screen while loading BIOS

express49 said:

Hi there!
I have this strange problem:I can't see my Bios loading .The screen is totaly black untill the windows' welcome screen , and then everything is back to normal.
It happened when I updated my motherboard Bios (Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI ,Rev. 1.0) through the original vendor's Website .
Any idea , what happened?
Thanks!Click to expand...

Ok , it came back to normal , at a reboot , no idea what happened!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-while-loading-bios.571352/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone, here's my problem. After changing my BIOS settings, my computer hung on a black screen. I removed and reseeded my battery to reset the CMOS, and I got back in. But my default settings set my processor at 1.24 GHz, when it should be at 2.08 GHz. This is because the FSB speed in my BIOS is set at 100MHz. Setting it to 166MHz would put it back to normal, but everytime I do it, it hangs on a black screen at reboot again. Forcing me to ressed the battery again to get anywhere. Any help would be absolutely fantastic!

Relevancy 57.62%

My bros computer had no post black screen on boot we narrowed down mobo screen black New no post cpu still bios no the problem to either the cpu or the mobo He got a new Mobo a week ago same result He got a new cpu today same result He also has a new psu in it Today we swapped this working video card with his to see if that was causing it We tried different known working monitors When this problem first occured the old mobo made a beeping noise one that was not identified in the mobo New mobo cpu still no post black screen no bios beep codes however when we took out all the ram it beeped like it was supposed to with no ram With the new mobo there is no beeping Things I tried with his old mobo old cpu and with his new mobo old cpu Swapping out video card Swapping out ram Swapping out psu Swapping out monitors unplugging everything thats not essential Jumping the bios Unplugging the hard drives What we tried with the new mobo new cpu Swapping out video card Swapping out ram Swapping out psu Swapping out monitors unplugging everything thats not essential Jumping the bios Unplugging the hard drives I have no clue what to do my only guess is that we were sent a bad mobo The old mobo had no burn marks where the cpu was I don t even know if its possible that they both went bad at the same time I was hoping through trial and error we would find out which one was bad and send the other one back New mobo ASUS P N-D LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E R New cpu http www newegg com Product Produc E Intel Core Quad Q Yorkfield GHz MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core nbsp

A:New mobo cpu still no post black screen no bios

Its been seated and reseated, it doesn't look like anything is grounding it. It is on metal things that screws go into holding up the mobo, I have as many in as the mobo will allow (I think this is what you mean by stand offs), the old mobo worked fine with the same setup for about 3 years.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-cpu-still-no-post-black-screen-no-bios.126870/
Relevancy 57.62%

Nothing but Black screen (fan, leds work) after flashing the latest bios...

Is there anything I can do, or just new bios/motherboard can help? (I tried resting the battery, F8 key..) Thanks in advance

A:Black Screen after flashing the latest BIOS

I presume BIOS is screwed up. What you need is professional help with this so contact nearest service provider and ask for help.

By the way: check this forum using advanced search option. In the past I saw several interesting threads about BIOS recovering. I?m pretty sceptic about it but maybe you will be lucky and find solution.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?64503-Black-Screen-after-flashing-the-latest-BIOS
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I have a problem with my computer that started about a month ago The BIOS Black before white underscore screen with computer hadn't been used for about a month Most of the time probably out of boots my screen displays a black screen Black screen with white underscore before BIOS with a white underscore in the top left hand corner before i get to the BIOS This is before any manufacturer logos appear It is the usual flashing underscore which has obviously frozen I have re-seated all hard drives my graphics card removed all cables from my PSU and plugged them all back in again Problem still existed I then unplugged all hard drives and tried to boot and the same problem happened again which rules out HDD failure It's going to be a Black screen with white underscore before BIOS problem with the PSU graphics card or motherboard but i don't know which Before i start replacing parts does anyone have any ideas on what it could be Like i said it doesn't happen with every boot Once the computer is on it works perfectly Putting the computer to sleep rather than shutting down has been working for a while which is how I've still been able to use the PC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619775/black-screen-with-white-underscore-before-bios/