Windows Support Forum

Random freezing / have to hard reset.

Q: Random freezing / have to hard reset.

Hello My Windows randomly keeps freezing up on Random to hard have freezing / reset. me I have read multiple threads on this forum but none of the solutions helped me I've tried switching HDD's reinstalling Windows Tested my ram with Memtest for hours no issues Tested HDD's no bad sectors found I've Random freezing / have to hard reset. used HWinfo to check the voltages and Random freezing / have to hard reset. temperatures they seem to be fine even under full Prime torture tests spiking around to degrees Celsius under full burn My setup ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Intel Core i - k not overclocked GB DDR RAM - x GB CMX GX M A C ASUS DRW- F ST drive TB SAMSUNG HD SJ TB SEAGATE ST DM - ER MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX Creative Soundblaster Z PSU OCZ MXSP Watercooling Corsair H i LCD Fan-controller BitFenix CoolerMaster HAFX case I must say the options the motherboard has listed in the BIOS are overwhelming Tons of options and features which are all set to quot auto quot No idea if this contributes to the freezing It's not something that was present before Random freezing / have to hard reset. It started happening about weeks ago Nothing has changed in my setup I even started thinking about the humidity in the air causing system instability so I turned on a DE-humidifier to no avail Thanks in advance for helping me

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54703-random-freezing-have-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Random freezing / have to hard reset.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 86.43%

Hello every one I've been having a long term problem that has basically plagued my computer since I've built it Yet the issue manifests itself in different ways through out the years The issue is At certain seemingly random points my computer screen freezes with no BSOD Computer is still running with Firefox freezing Random, Life. Hard in Second hard and reset required. fans going No error message Sound stops Mouse is not responsive on screen Nothing works Screen is frozen on the last picture A holding down of the power button for a hard reset is the only way to recover Through out the years since I've changed graphics cards and RAM chips in order to try and solve this Random, hard freezing in Firefox and Second Life. Hard reset required. problem I've found that the RAM had no effect on the issue but the graphics cards perhaps did Back in I had constant random freezing at random intervals during the days of the week whilst basically doing any thing An SLI set up of two Geforce s I finally discarded one of the graphics cards to only run one and that seemingly fixed most random freezing issues for some time Though it did happen on some rare occasion that I could not explain How ever In I upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX OC and found that issues immediately arose again I could not activity render videos in Adobe Premiere Elements whilst working on the video editing software with out a hard freeze Basically unable to render videos in real-time whilst working on them any more More issues started occurring later with this same card When watching Youtube videos in Firefox browser Occasionally with increasing frequency watching videos in the browser were causing this problem Then I discovered the option to disable 'hardware acceleration' and the problem hasn't arisen in the browser since Come Using a program known as 'Second Life' that does tend to use a lot of resources When computer resources were being strained too hard this problem did return on a rare occasion when I was running dual clients of this program In this same program known as 'Second Life' had gone through some updates and now for some reason the freezing issue has reared its ugly head in a big way Some times I can't be on this program for even an hour and the hard freeze occurs To fix this issue from that point I've tried updating to the latest graphics drivers No success I've even upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX Ti and again updated to the latest graphics drivers The issue still persists and renders use of them program unusable I am able to play games such as Guild Wars Grand Theft Auto Trove etc with out issue how ever I do not know what is causing the issue in order to know what I need to fix My current setup is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model X A-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit H... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396853-random-hard-freezing-firefox-second-life-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,

I'm going to post two different scenarios that happens when my computer needs a hard restart
My computer freezes completely (literally no movement on the screen or anything, it's not slow it's frozen). And an extremely loud buzzing sound comes out of my headphones or speakers.The same thing as above except without the loud buzzing noise.

I saw that this happened to someone else who had both the speakers and the headphones plugged in at the same time. However, scenario #2 just happened to me 10 minutes ago even though I only had my headphones plugged in.

I built this computer six months ago and it's the first computer I've ever built. I assume it's a driver issue but I can't really pinpoint the problem since no BSOD appears on the screen and I have no higher computer knowledge.

I'm attaching the zip file required.

Thanks,

A:Random Computer Freezing - Need to hard restart after freezing No BSOD

Wow, this sounds like the same thing that happened to a friend of mine when his hard drive was failing. Replaced the drive and the freezes went away. Even the buzzing noise.

Also you may need to look at what drivers you may have just install/updated.

Hoping you don't have any failing hardware "Motherboard, video card, etc". Those are expensive

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/42255-random-computer-freezing-need-hard-restart-after-freezing-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,

I'm going to post two different scenarios that happens when my computer needs a hard restart
My computer freezes completely (literally no movement on the screen or anything, it's not slow it's frozen). And an extremely loud buzzing sound comes out of my headphones or speakers.The same thing as above except without the loud buzzing noise.

I saw that this happened to someone else who had both the speakers and the headphones plugged in at the same time. However, scenario #2 just happened to me 10 minutes ago even though I only had my headphones plugged in.

I built this computer six months ago and it's the first computer I've ever built. I assume it's a driver issue but I can't really pinpoint the problem since no BSOD appears on the screen and I have no higher computer knowledge.

I'm attaching the zip file required.

Thanks,

A:Random Computer Freezing - Need to hard restart after freezing No BSOD

Wow, this sounds like the same thing that happened to a friend of mine when his hard drive was failing. Replaced the drive and the freezes went away. Even the buzzing noise.

Also you may need to look at what drivers you may have just install/updated.

Hoping you don't have any failing hardware "Motherboard, video card, etc". Those are expensive

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/42255-random-computer-freezing-need-hard-restart-after-freezing-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have had a problem, for the last two months or so, that consists of my laptop freezing and requiring a hard shutdown to fix it. I have a Dell XPS15, 6gb ram, i5-2450M dual core, and a 1gb NVIDIA GeForce GT 525m graphics card with the newest drivers.

Basically, I will play any game, from the original Mass Effect to WoW to Kerbal Space Program, and my computer will freeze, and occasionally make static noise until I hold down the power button for a hard shutdown. I've done stress tests and monitored the heat, and I don't ever seem to reach the heat threshold. Additionally, I've dusted out the fans and such. One or two times I have been able to alt-tab to fix the problem, and it pops up with an error stating that the display driver has failed.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hey guys first post on here after about a week of solid research and forehead-to-screen bashing and a few months of increasingly more frequent issues trying to figure out what is wrong with this computer Here's the specs OS - Vista Home Premium SP x What crashes, KILL WANT random Multiple BSODs, hard freezing, random TO was original installed OS on system -Probably sometime in Here is what the computer originally was iBUYPOWER Gamer Gears of War Desktop PC - Newegg com iBUYPOWER Core Quad GB DDR Multiple BSODs, random hard freezing, random crashes, WANT TO KILL GB HDD Capacity Desktop PC Windows Vista Home Premium -bit Battle Gear X - Newegg com same one but has some feedback purchased All of the basic hardware is original except for the stuff listed in the Other Info section below Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer -pre-installed in the computer IIRC Age of system hardware - Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS - No reinstall if memory serves me Multiple BSODs, random hard freezing, random crashes, WANT TO KILL right CPU -Core Quad Q Video Card -Sparkle GT SPARKLE SX GT D -HP GeForce GT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Newegg com may possibly be a GB but I haven't looked at in a long time I'll double check tomorrow MotherBoard -P Q ASUS P Q LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg com Power Supply - brand amp wattage - watt I'll get specs on it tomorrow System Manufacturer -iBuyPower Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom -Gamer Gears of War or Battle Gear X same specs ordered back when it was called the Other Info Memory - GB Corsair XMS CORSAIR GB x GB XMS PC - DDR MHz CL - - - V SDRAM DIMM Non-ECC AVADirect Custom Computer Component HDDs -Boot drive Hitachi GST Deskstar K HDS KLA A GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Hard Drive - Newegg com came with computer running since seems to me that it was listed as being rpm somewhere but maybe not -storage drive Western Digital WD Black WD FALS TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive - Newegg com running since -storage drive Hitachi GST Deskstar HD IDK K S TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive - Newegg com open box running since -storage drive Seagate Barracuda ST AS Internal Hard Drive - Newegg com running since Case -http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Soundcard -http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E since CPU cooler Thermalright IFX- CPU Cooler at Xoxide running passive now had three scythe ultra kaze s on it when i had this processor maxed out at a GHz OC but bearings all burnt out and I've had all BIOS settings back to stock for a good year or so DVD drive ASUS Model DRW- B ST BLK B AS X DVD Burner - Bulk Black - Newegg com since Mouse -http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Keyboard -http www ebay com itm Brand-New-in-Box-HP-PS- -Multimedia-Keyboard- - - - - - I've had this for probably years and it has outperformed gaming keyboards that I purchased at various points throughout that time to the extent that I returned all of them within a few days of receiving them Issues I've been having -Randomly freezes mouse and keyboard lights turn off HDDs silent computer unresponsive -BSODs or partially loaded UI then auto-shutdown upon waking computer from sleep from the night before -The other day it hard froze when copying a large amount of files from multiple HDDs onto my external hard drive which it's never done before -Today it BSOD'd at around optimizing defragging with Auslogics Disk Defrag -It's been randomly freezing and being an otherwise grumpy little b for a few months -Can't get into the User Accounts control panel menu without the computer auto-restarting no BSOD Haven't tried it in a couple of days though -others I can't think of at the moment Some Stuff I've done to try to fix it -I read somewhere that CPUCool messes with the drivers when installed and it can mess some stuff up I ha... Read more

Relevancy 64.93%

have posted another topic on bleepingcomputer about this I just want some extra help as responses could be slow...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549415/computer-freezing-randomly-and-having-to-reset/

tldr;

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/UEPn5RnXvn6cXGWsGZ16EVa

error code 800B0100 and error code 80070570 when trying to update

Relevancy 64.07%

Hey guys I need some help with a current issue Before I begin I want to stress that this has only happened reset Freezing/Crashing/Hard when video converting during video rendering converting Nothing else causes this issue I have been doing small project studio type video audio work since In I started my first custom build pc for it and had great success with that tower - swapping out and upgrading parts here and there as I went long No freezing crashing ect while doing any heavy video work This past September I did a complete upgrade of my motherboard processor graphics card and Ram I have not done any super heavy video work since upgrading but when I first put it together I ran Prime for a solid hour I am NOT doing any sort of over clocking so I was told running it for more then an hour wouldn't really be necessary and I also ran Afterburner I believe graphics card stress tester and seen no issues I have even ran both these apps recently after having issues with crashing but I didn't get a crash at all with them I use Sony Vegas Pro and Handbrake for video rendering editing converting and like I said my last build I never once had any issues with converting or rendering When I upgraded all the main hardware last September I was doing mostly audio work but now am getting back into video projects and I am experiencing several freezes auto resets Freezing/Crashing/Hard reset when converting video and even BSOD and they all happen randomly - some within a matter of seconds of starting a conversion sometimes I get several minuets hours of converting done before it happens It's been random but often Here is my current setup -Coolermaster HAF X case with internal hard drives The case and the drives are the ONLY things I kept from the previous build Plenty of fans on the case and I monitor the components often with HWMonitor app -AMD FX core processor - Gigs of DDR Ram Freezing/Crashing/Hard reset when converting video Not sure of the clock speed off the top of my head -GTX nVidia graphics card - GB from MSI with latest drivers -Coolermaster evo aftermarket cooler with Artic silver paste -WIndows with latest official updates I have only experienced these crashes while either rendering video with Sony Vegas or converting video with Handbrake Handbrake seems to cause the crashes more frequently then Sony Vegas Sometimes when using handbrake I can go about my converting for a good hour or so without any issues sometimes it only takes the first video and it'll crash I get of crash types all of them random It will either Competently freeze the entire pc up making mouse keyboard ect dead - forcing a hard reset with the front panel switch this seems to be the most common It will hard reset by itself I get a Blue Screen Of Death Anytime I use Handbrake it pushes all cores of my processor to full load Each core runs between to the entire time it is encoding a video and my temps on the processor are considered safe When idle depending on the room temp of course I run anywhere between and degrees Celsius and when Handbrake is doing it's thing even on longer encoding sessions that don't cause a freeze crash the hottest it's ever got is degrees Celsius with degrees being the norm when it's not a hotter summer day PC is located on second floor of house and our central air has been broke up until recently I have had sessions where I can convert several to minuet video clips back to back without any issues and even did a and a half hour video without any issues The to min clips usually take to minuets to convert depending on if its SD or HD video and the and a half hour video took about minuets to convert Again it fully loads the processor the entire time its converting Other times I can't get into anymore then seconds of the encoding process on a short clip and it'll freeze One of the times I got a BSOD I got this info from the dump file using a BSOD readout app Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter ... Read more

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/130162-freezing-crashing-hard-reset-when-converting-video.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi Beepingcomputer I m at my wits end and I m hoping someone here knows an answer I m averagely tech savvy and have asked several friends in the IT industry yet no solution has been found The situation has been this My computer will randomly reset itself and reboot from DOS and intervals at Reset Hard random Continuous back to windows again Continuous Hard Reset at random intervals These intervals would range from mins from startup to hours or more so they are completely random This has been happening for year now VERY ANNOYING Recently the intervals have been getting shorter and shorter to the point where my computer will reset upon - min of start up after hitting windows guaranteed I get no error messages or indications that it is about to happen Normally I d jump on the OVERHEATING bandwagon but the strange thing is my computer DOES NOT reset EVER if I am playing a graphics intensive Video Game battlefield to name one It ONLY resets if I m not really doing anything intensive such as word processing or browsing the web or watching a movie All these simple tasks will cause my computer to reset after a random time period Anything where my CPU GPU churns into motion prevents these resets This I cannot explain A problem which also happens and I feel might be related to cause this is that if I ever SHUTDOWN my computer it will not boot windows cannot load And I have to system restore to get my computer to run again So I have never hit the shutdown button in a long time Over the period of I have tried so many solutions to no avail and I was hoping someone would give me some new ideas on how I can approach this problem Any ideas on how to diagnose the root of this problem I can post everything I ve tried but that would take forever Cheers Skasian P S I want to fix it myself but I have no idea where to start what else I can try

A:Continuous Hard Reset at random intervals

When you say "reset" I assume you mean it reboots? Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431314/continuous-hard-reset-at-random-intervals/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all I've been having this problem for quite some time now I would say a year or more where my computer completely freezes up without any prompting It's quite frustrating to diagnose since it happens on such a random basis -there seems to be no trend as to what kind of programs I have running what kind of things I am using it for etc Sometimes it happens when I'm just browsing the net other times it happens when I just have some files up ie not memory intensive tasks -today it even happened when I put a USB stick in I am at a complete loss as to what might be the cause I have already deleted some old programs that I'm not using but that hasn't seemed to have done anything I've done a disk cleanup and run a scan for viruses The freeze can only be resolved with a hard restart which I know is not good for the computer I've already had to do this some or so times already I've attached the event viewer taken computer reset requiring Random freeze hard about - minutes after the last freeze I had the one when it froze after I put my USB stick in Any help or advice at all would be much appreciated

A:Random computer freeze requiring hard reset

tactilation,

please refer to here:
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289748-random-computer-freeze-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 on my custom built PC. Since doing so I have random freezes that allow me to do nothing other than hard reset the computer. There is no particular time that it does it, and it has mostly been noticed while either on the desktop or using Firefox.

Attached you will find the files from the Seven Forums Diagnostics Tool.

A:Random Computer Freeze Requiring Hard Reset

Welcome to the forums Watson1,

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80045668f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Code:
Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption

Code:
2: kd> !errrec fffffa80045668f8
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa80045668f8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce6f6c49e47881
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 6/22/2013 17:17:00 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa8004566978
Section @ fffffa8004566a50
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : BUS error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 3
CPU Version : 0x0000000000100f53
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa80045669c0
Section @ fffffa8004566b10
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : 53 0f 10 00 00 08 04 00 - 09 20 80 00 ff fb 8b 17
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa8004566b10

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa8004566a08
Section @ fffffa8004566b90
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000

Error : BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4)
The first parameter or argument has the value of 0x0, which is a Machine Check Exception, which means the CPU has detected a hardware problem and the address points to a processor error because the CPU has found one, so it could be a different form of hardware which is causing the issue.

We can see that the CPU detected a Timeout Error, but wasn't able to identify what caused the error.

In such a situation, it is best to use these steps:Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95
Enable "Round off checking" before the test (see first post below tutorial).
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
All the hardware seeming to be running stable and tests reporting no errors, could mean a bad motherboard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Notes:

Although these steps are not strictly related to the issue, these steps will help to avoid any BSODs in the future.

You seem to have only 88 Windows Updates installed, I currently have 206 Windows Updates installed, please check for any Windows Updates and install all the listed Important, Recommended and Optional updates (ignore anything associated with Bing).Start
Type: Windows Update
Check for Updates/Install Updates
Reboot (if prompted)
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\AVG
AVG is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7, please remove the program completely with the AVG Removal Tool, and then install these free and proven alternatives which work best with Windows 7, due to their lightweight nature on system resources and compatibility.

Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essent... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294869-random-computer-freeze-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello hard sound, + blank screen Random no reset community My first setup Motherboard AsRock M A GXH M AMD GX CPU AMD Phenom II x AM Black Edition Random blank screen + no sound, hard reset BOX GPU BFG GeForce GTX OC MAXCORE RAM GB x GoodRam GB DDR MHz CL HDD RAID HDD overall FULL HD Monitors WLAN USB TP-LINK TL-WN N PSU OCZ OCZ ModXStream Pro W Case Cooler Master Centurion ----------------------- Basically I do some D stuff Random blank screen + no sound, hard reset on my PC and play Fifa series and League of Random blank screen + no sound, hard reset Legends Never had problems with my setup till few months ago While I was playing League of Legends or Fifa I started to have random blank screens no input detected and also I lost sound in that moment PC was still running and the only thing I could do was to press power for seconds to shut it down It could have happened after games or games I also were losing internet connection while playing and only while playing other devices at home had internet all the time I have always had good temps on everything but since I don t care about details in game I pulled out my GPU this Mobo got integrated AMD Radeon HD No matter which input I used on this Radeon HD HDMI VGA or DVI VGA I still had random disconnects from home network and I know that this usb wlan is good checked it on other PCs at home it looked like it was overheating or something but I never had any extraordinary temps on HWMonitor I decided to change my motherboard to ASUS M A -M EVO I put my GPU back again and problems were still occuring blank screen no sound hard reset At that time I was sure that my GPU is broken I started to play games on integrated Radeon HD and boom blank screen no sound again I had random USB problems as well my Tablet WLAN or mouse dc once in a while USB doesn t work I have ASMedia drivers from asus website I have all the latest drivers never OCed Now I have blank screen no sound situations even when not playing but when I leave PRIME for hrs testing errors warnings I don t want to buy new GPU cause I am not sure if it s broken for real and I probably have good Mobos Is it the PSU What should I do Looking for help and sorry english is not my native language nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-blank-screen-no-sound-hard-reset.1079220/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys wasn't really sure what category to post this thread in So this has been going on for quite some time now when I am streaming videos browsing the internet or playing really low intensity reset requiring coloured screen hard Crashing random to games like minecraft or indie games my computer will crash to a random coloured screen I assume taking the colour from some element of whatever on screen and will project a horrible sound from the speakers I Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset assume a very short loop of the last sounds of what was playing and I am forced to hard reset the computer sometimes it wont happen for a couple of days and then other times it will happen times a day it totally varies with no Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset apparent cause It has a brand new Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset hard drive ram and PSU and the graphics card is fairly recent the mother board and CPU are a couple years old but I can't see this being a hardware issue down to the fact that there seems to be no apparent cause for this issue if the hardware was strictly faulty then im sure it would die in high intensity tasks but it has almost never crashed when playing something like battlefield or the new DOOM game at max settings so that doesn't seem to be the case I also can't see it being an over heating issue as the computer runs quite cool All of my drivers are up to date and this has happend across multiple versions of graphics driver updates Im honestly out of answers I have read countless forums of people suffering with the exact same problem to no ressolve and have tried a rediculous amount of things just about everything you could possibly do yet still found nothing I thought id try to make a post to see if anyone could help me before I give up and take it to the computer store All help is much appreciated Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67239-crashing-random-coloured-screen-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello So my Toshiba Satellite L D-S running Windows Ultimate -bit has been having random crashes that require a hard reset and I cannot figure out why And as hard requiring screen black crashes reset Random to of today the crashes have progressed to just appearing as though there was no battery and I pulled the plug on the laptop It happens completely out of the blue and I can be doing anything from browsing YouTube to gaming or Random crashes to black screen requiring hard reset just leave the laptop idle and it will still crash While gaming the CPU rarely reaches C before I crash and I have tried two different batteries and power supplies original ones the came with the laptop and ones I purchased from the company as extras a few months after receiving the laptop with no difference I have also tested four separate RAM sticks two gb and two gb and the same crashing still occurs Any insight as to why my laptop keeps crashing Thank you Joshdog My Specs Windows Ultimate -bit SP AMD K nm Technology GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - TOSHIBA NALAE Socket M S G Generic Random crashes to black screen requiring hard reset PnP Monitor x Hz MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Toshiba GB TOSHIBA MQ ABD SATA Disk Device SATA C HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT N SATA CdRom Device Realtek High Definition Audio

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-crashes-to-black-screen-requiring-hard-reset-1011418.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys wasn't really sure what category to post this thread in So this has been going on for quite some time now when I am streaming videos browsing the internet or playing really low intensity games like minecraft or indie games my computer will crash to a random coloured screen I assume taking the colour from some element of whatever on screen and will project a horrible sound from Crashing to coloured hard reset requiring random screen the speakers I assume a very short loop of the last Crashing to random coloured screen requiring hard reset sounds of what was playing and I am forced to hard reset the computer sometimes it wont happen for a couple of days and then other times it will happen times a day it totally varies with no apparent cause It has a brand new hard drive ram and PSU and the graphics card is fairly recent the mother board and CPU are a couple years old but I can't see this being a hardware issue down to the fact that there seems to be no apparent cause for this issue if the hardware was strictly faulty then im sure it would die in high intensity tasks but it has almost never crashed when playing something like battlefield or the new DOOM game at max settings so that doesn't seem to be the case I also can't see it being an over heating issue as the computer runs quite cool All of my drivers are up to date and this has happend across multiple versions of graphics driver updates Im honestly out of answers I have read countless forums of people suffering with the exact same problem to no ressolve and have tried a rediculous amount of things just about everything you could possibly do yet still found nothing I thought id try to make a post to see if anyone could help me before I give up and take it to the computer store All help is much appreciated Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/67239-crashing-random-colored-screen-requiring-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,
at random times the lock-screen freezes and a hard reset is needed. Keyboard light still toggle yet the SysReq + REISUB key combination does not do anything. Where is some syslog for checking why the kernel dumped and find potential solutions? This is windows 8.1, is this a known bug?

A:The lock screen sees random freezes and a hard reset is required.

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/322392-lock-screen-sees-random-freezes-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey there folks, I've skimmed the forums and didn't see much that fit the issue i'm having. I bought a Asus g750 about two weeks ago. Three days after getting it up and running my laptop will hard freeze randomly about once every 1-2 days. It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue. I've ran a stress test on both the CPU and the GPU, both seemed to fall in normal ranges. The hard freeze typically occurs when I'm not doing anything heavy. Mostly when I am just sitting around typing on skype or doing homework while listening to spotify.

It is under warranty I could send it back. However, I cannot afford to lose it before this semester is over. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Random hard freezing, not sure why.

Originally Posted by TheBB

Hey there folks, I've skimmed the forums and didn't see much that fit the issue i'm having. I bought a Asus g750 about two weeks ago. Three days after getting it up and running my laptop will hard freeze randomly about once every 1-2 days. It doesn't seem to be a hardware issue. I've ran a stress test on both the CPU and the GPU, both seemed to fall in normal ranges. The hard freeze typically occurs when I'm not doing anything heavy. Mostly when I am just sitting around typing on skype or doing homework while listening to spotify.

It is under warranty I could send it back. However, I cannot afford to lose it before this semester is over. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As I don't have to tell you, a system that's two weeks old should not be freezing up. However, a couple or three questions:

Have you added any new software? Been surfing the Internet? Clicked on anything that pops up to say you need to "install this or uninstall that"? Been somewhere on the Internet that didn't look safe, so you backed out? And, finally, been somewhere you maybe shouldn't have? Like to get a deal on software that's just too good to be true . . . You'd be surprised how many folks fall for this one.

Have you been to the Asus site? ASUS Click on Support and it will take you to ASUS Service | North America

I went there and it seems I need to Login or Register before I can get help, so it looks like it's up to you. BTW, from what I see, this is a pretty nice rig (came up on the Asus home page slide show).

I did notice that there's a chat feature in the service section, so that may be an option.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43823-random-hard-freezing-not-sure-why.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi First I would like to start off by saying that this is not a Windows exclusive problem I've had it in Windows and upon install to Windows it still occurs which is leading me to the conclusion that this is a hardware problem Ever since I built my machine in early it seems like it randomly freezes there doesn't seem to be any root cause behind the freezing \Device\RaidPort0' 'Reset freezing Random - to device, During the freezing it's 'responsive' but anything that requires disk access does not work the drive indicator light on my case stays solid I've also noticed especially lately that when I play GTA San Andreas a multiplayer extension that my game tends to randomly freeze and if I unplug a USB and plug it back in it usually unfreezes if not when I hit the power button it instantly unfreezes this freeze actually locks everything up not just the disk when playing BF it doesn't happen but GTA SA is a pretty old game Also on occasion Random freezing - 'Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0' when shutting down my computer sometimes abruptly due to above problems the HDD isn't always detected in that case if I unplug and re-plugin the SATA wire it usually fixes it I run what I Random freezing - 'Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0' feel is a pretty typical setup a FX- a MSI a-G motherboard GB of G SKILL Ripjaw's and a HD as a GPU I've tried changing my drive controller mode from IDE to AHCI which did seem to help with decreasing the frequency of the freezing but it still occurs I'll list some things I've done as troubleshooting -Replaced my old HDD with a new WD Black -Replaced my SATA wires -Disconnected all other drives from my PC including my DVD drive -Reinstalled OS from to as mentinoed above -Ran Memtest which turned no errors -Changed my GPU from a HD to a HD wasn't a troubleshooting step specifically just happened to do it -Reset my BIOS on a number of occasions The obvious problem right now is that there are some serious issues with my motherboards SATA controller and I already have a RMA ready with MSI but I would like to hear any other input as I'm quite frankly not even sure that MSI's synthetic testing is going to pick up on my issues at all Thank you

A:Random freezing - 'Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0'

First, there aren't any real, 100% effective tests for motherboards.
It's too expensive to make a test for a product that has such a limited life-span.

Without any reports, it's difficult to offer an opinion here.
I'd suggest that you provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum): Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions Please use Option 1 as it provides Event Viewer logs.

From your description, it appears that you've done a good job of troubleshooting this.
You've ruled out the hard drive and the video card - those are the major concerns with errors like these.

You've also noted an issue with the USB ports.
Did you try the ports in the back of the system to see if they act the same as those in the front? I realize that this may be difficult as you've stated that the ports usually help in fixing the freezes
If it's only the front ports, then it's possible that they're defective (and causing issues w/the mobo) - but if it's the back ports also, then it's (IMO) most likely the mobo

If you can get an RMA, this would be the easiest way to rule out the motherboard.
It depends on what you installed/connected to the motherboard - but in most cases if the problems continue after reinstalling the OS, then it's likely to be a hardware problem. Each extra thing that's installed/connected increases the chance that it may be something other than the motherboard.

I had disk access problems with a Win7 system and another manufacturer's motherboard. This was a monster system with a bunch of fast HDD's on a hardware RAID card - and the performance was lousy! I tried everything for months until I finally gave up and purchased revision 2 of the same mobo. And, viola! All my problems went away!

Good luck!

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51896-random-freezing-reset-device-device-raidport0.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All,
With your help I was recently able to diagnose a faulty video card on my system that was causing a blank screen crash as soon as I logged into winodws. I've replaced the videocard, and now there's another problem - the machine randomly freezes. I've noticed it happening more often when i'm using the internet. It crashed as I was browsing with google chrome. Not quite sure if that was necessary for the crash, since it's what happens mostly on this machine. I've run a memory diagnostic and that came up clean. I've completely reformatted the hard drive, reinstalled Windows 7 x64, and downloaded all the necessary Windows Updates. The problem persists! I'm attaching a BSOD report, even though I'm not sure if It'll have any information regarding the freeze.

Thanks!

A:Random total freezing during internet use, needs hard reboot

SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates (may take repeated visits)
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
NOTE: For Vista, read these notes:

Quote:
Read these notes for installing Vista SP1: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Read these notes for installing Vista SP2: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2)

5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates. May take repeated visits, but keep it up until you get several "Windows is updated" results.
If you're having difficulties with installing a Service Pack, please use the SURTool from this link: What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
Also, check out this troubleshooting link from Microsoft: Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

I have had limited success in installing updates/Service Packs when using a "clean boot". I suspect that I'm just bypassing the problem - and that it can come back to bite me in the butt later on.

Try other browsers to see if you can blame it on just one browswer - or on all of them.

Quote:
Event[131]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-HAL
Date: 2012-07-14T08:40:31.459
Event ID: 12
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Beta
Description:
The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system.

Try updating your BIOS

I got lucky finding this one:

Quote:
Log Name: Application
Source: Windows Error Reporting
Date: 2012-07-13T14:34:02.000
Event ID: 1001
Task: N/A
Level: Information
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: 37L4247E29-32
Description:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: x64
P2: ACPI\ATK0110
P3:
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Windows\Temp\DMI4E7C.tmp.log.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_x64_7b90e53f6497da36d01d2c8167badd75493 30a6_cab_04b54eda

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 51313f60-cd19-11e1-949e-916c36d90f58
Report Status: 6

Have you reinstalled the Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility driver recently? If not, please do so.

If this helps at all - but the problem persists - please generate a new set of jcgriff2 reports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240938-random-total-freezing-during-internet-use-needs-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Recently my computer has been occasionally freezing while I've been browsing online. It doesn't actually get to the point of BSOD but programs will stop working and I eventually won't be able to close or open anything, including task manager.

I tried running CHKDSK to see if that could fix things, (it has crashed since then unfortuantely), doing so somehow filled up my hard drive. I went from having around 700 GB free to only having a couple hundred MBs free. I tried this two more times.

I've attached the dump log as requested as well as the three logs of the CHKDSK that I found in event viewer.

Thanks!

A:Random Freezing Lenovo Y580, Possible Hard Drive errors

Code:
CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
Cleaning up instance tags for file 0x1bead.
451328 file records processed.

File verification completed.
807 large file records processed.

0 bad file records processed.

0 EA records processed.

60 reparse records processed.

CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
580808 index entries processed.

Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned.

0 unindexed files recovered.

CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
451328 file SDs/SIDs processed.

Cleaning up 604 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 604 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 604 unused security descriptors.
Security descriptor verification completed.
64741 data files processed.

CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
35120152 USN bytes processed.

Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
451312 files processed.

File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
163805741 free clusters processed.

Free space verification is complete.
Adding 163790195 bad clusters to the Bad Clusters File.
Correcting errors in the master file table's (MFT) BITMAP attribute.
Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.
Windows has made corrections to the file system.

961739479 KB total disk space.
305751440 KB in 362629 files.
182668 KB in 64742 indexes.
655160780 KB in bad sectors.
582411 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
62180 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
240434869 total allocation units on disk.
15545 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
00 e3 06 00 63 85 06 00 17 44 0b 00 00 00 00 00 ....c....D......
58 16 00 00 3c 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 X...<...........
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

Windows has finished checking your disk.
Please wait while your computer restarts.
"

Code:
Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category
Information 6/6/2014 9:55:21 PM Microsoft-Windows-Wininit 1001 None "

Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
451328 file records processed.

File verification completed.
919 large file records processed.

0 bad file records processed.

0 EA records processed.

60 reparse records processed.

CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
580830 index entries processed.

Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned.

0 unindexed files recovered.

CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
451328 file SDs/SIDs processed.

Cleaning up 9 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 9 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 9 unused security descriptors.
Security descri... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334138-random-freezing-lenovo-y580-possible-hard-drive-errors.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok my friend s computer is anything reset Freezing on when getting freezing when doing then startup and worse.. exhibiting the symptoms as I ve described in the title Basically it s freezing Freezing when doing anything and then freezing on startup when reset getting worse.. whenever you seem to be doing anything thats a little bit more system intensive than just sitting idle Opening webpages viewing video in full screen etc You restart it and it s like frozen with just the blue desktop and an egg timer on the screen Freezing when doing anything and then freezing on startup when reset getting worse.. I think this is obviously a heat issue because if you leave it a while after it s frozen and then start it up it s back to normal Thing is I ve only jsut been able to start taking a look at it and he s been using it all the while and I think it s at a point now where some damage has been done as he says it s basically unusable now after telling him to leave it well alone until I can look at it CPU is overheating Graphics wouldn t cause this much of a hoo haa would it He does have a spare card that I can fit to see if it helps I m getting some compressed air in the post soon so I ll give everything a blast seemed to help before but do you think it s worth taking the heatsink and fan off and reapplying thermal paste etc Am I totally off base here - is it possibly nothing to do with heat Thanks in advance guys nbsp

A:Freezing when doing anything and then freezing on startup when reset getting worse..

It does sound like a heat issue and a malfunctioning/overheating graphics card can certainly cause these issues.

Are the issues still occuring?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-when-doing-anything-and-then-freezing-on-startup-when-reset-getting-worse.157169/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) and i am trying to factory reset to the default settings again because of the stupid problems i am having on the tablet.
Here is the problem i am trying to get into the BIOS which is the 1 step on the Acer website but for some bizarre reason when it is completely off i press the Windows button and the power button to get in to the BIOS as it says on the Acer Website but it keeps going to the start menu/desktop now instead of going to the BIOS. :/
I have factory reset/hard reset on my Acer Iconia W700 a couple times and i never had this problem before, i gone in to the BIOS no problem!!!
Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!!

A:Windows 8 tablet factory reset/hard reset problem!!! HELP!!

Is it still under warranty? You should try contacting Acer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/397817-windows-8-tablet-factory-reset-hard-reset-problem-help.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi,i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:are hard reset and factory reset the same thing?

Hi, No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/are-hard-reset-and-factory-reset-the-same-thing/td-p/5676772
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently built my first PC three days ago Specs i bloomfield processor x vengeance ram crosair hx PSU evga x ftw mobo hd radeon graphics xfx When Newly and freezing freezing built starting on random windows computer I first installed windows it Newly built computer random freezing and freezing on starting windows started to work just fine but I soon noticed that it would randomly freeze every - minutes of use but not on a particular program or anything I assumed it was drivers so I installed the latest drivers for my GPU and MOBO and keyboard It seemed fine again until it started crashing again I ran a GPU burn test and a CPU burn test it passed both I tried runing memtest but it froze at like Then I tried fixing the registry so I downloaded ccleaner and fixed the registry problems Freezes continued I finally decided to re install windows so I did and the problems still continued I am at a loss of what to do and can't think of anything else any advice would be appreciated if not I will bring to a repair shop and have them sort it out

A:Newly built computer random freezing and freezing on starting windows

Hello Skytri and welcome to Seven Forums. My usual disclaimer: I'm not at expert at anything.

I'm wondering if there isn't a RAM problem. Perhaps one of the sticks wasn't seated properly, etc. You could open Resource Monitor > Memory tab and make sure all RAM is being recognized. Make sure Installed = 16384MB and the Available + Cached + Hardware Reserved is the same amount. (You are using 16GB total, correct?)

Resource Monitor

If Memtest freezes you could try a quick check for a bad RAM module. Install one stick in Slot # 1 (or whichever slot the mobo manual says to use.) Run the computer to test for freezes. Test each of the remaining sticks one at a time. If all 4 sticks work you might want to go through these troubleshooting guides. They are time consuming but many people have been able to isolate their computer problems.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247213-newly-built-computer-random-freezing-freezing-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Been getting this error for quite awhile now when doing random stuff. My latest crash was watching Twitch.tv & Playing CIV 5. Other times, it's just when I leave my computer on and it hasn't done anything in a while, and other times happens when I listen to music or watching a video.

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

My Specs:

Asus Maximus IV Extreme
i2600K
GTX 570 SLI
8GB RAM

A:Random Freezing at Random Times - Kernal-Power Event ID: 41

Hello Wesley, welcome to SF!

There are no dumps in there. Please have a good look at the second post here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

While waiting and testing for a new crash that should produce a dump, please check the following:

1. Re-seat your RAM. there is a slight diff between physical and installed and AFAIK, in your case I would not expect that. We might do a RAM test later on.

2. Fix these driver / devices issues:

HTML Code:
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_84131043&REV_03\4&1D7623A1&0&00E2 The drivers for this device are not installed.
PCI Simple Communications Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_844D1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Shrew Soft Virtual Adapter ROOT\VNET\0000 This device is disabled.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_84131043&REV_03\4&DDEC341&0&00E1 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Go your Devices screen and either find drivers or disable these devices...
I also expect you have problems with Windows Update. Multiple errors in your logs on that. Please go to Maintenance center and make sure you install all updates. ALL?? Yes, ALL. If needed there is a good tutorial on resetting WU.

You may have some issues on Bonjour services from Apple stuff. We see that some times and though not in the past two days but before that there were many errors there.

Post back any results please..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/186039-random-freezing-random-times-kernal-power-event-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I've been having intermittent freezing of my mouse most noticibly in Half-Life games My cursor would freeze for about second every minute and I decided to reformat freezing/random input Mouse spinning/random to get rid of the problem After reformatting the problem was still there and was even more pronounced The mouse wouldn't move at all Being a USB mouse I decided to use the included PS adapter and the problem developed into something else My mouse would freeze for seconds every minutes I suspected something was wrong with the mouse and not a driver issue so I booted into a linux partition and noticed that the mouse did not freeze at all while running Whoppix The latest drivers Mouse freezing/random spinning/random input from my mouse manufacturer Logitech did not Mouse freezing/random spinning/random input help While playing games I set developer to quot quot in Half-Life and noticed that the mouse was trying to send MOUSE and MOUSE button commands to the game during freezing My mouse does not even have th or th buttons After the freezing my cursor would also spin rapidly in random directions This problem began about week after I installed a new video card an EVGA Nvidia GT which requires a direct connection to the PSU via molex connector while my old video card did not However I do not suspect this is a power supply issue Also while registering for the forums on this site my mouse randomly inputed Mouse button causing my browser to go back one page

A:Mouse freezing/random spinning/random input

Half-life and its mods have started to take up a lot more memory - which causes your mouse to lock up or turn off. This is not Valves fault as many believe, but actually its your power management turning off your mouse. Also this has been happening to people in previous versions, and most have reformatted in an attempt to fix the problem.

There are two solutions to this problem

The first and best solution is to disable your computers ability to turn off your mouse:
USE: Right click on my computer, select properties, click on the hardware tab, click on device manager, expand USB Controllers, select properties on USB Root Hub, select power management and disable it

The second solution is to increase the process priority for your mouse drivers (if you use any).

Have fun. I still play 1.6 and will retire with 1.6 :D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-freezing-random-spinning-random-input-60036.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I've contacted tech support at cyberpowerpc where I bought my computer but after reading their tech support forums my faith in getting a quick response is kind of low so I came here as many bluescreen search results lead here and I figure it's probably a good place to get more help I've been getting random bluescreens and random freezing for a while now I can be playing a game or browsing the internet or the computer can just be idle with mp s playing They often occur after about a day random random with and codes error bluescreens various freezing of no issues though have also occurred right after restarting the computer from the previous bluescreen I've scanned my computer for viruses and nothing was found I believe random freezing and random bluescreens with various error codes these problems started some time after my computer restarted on its own but that only happened once The error codes I've seen on the bluescreens are x a x e and x de though the random freezing has occurred just as often as the bluescreens I've tried unplugging all of my usb devices and the computer ran for maybe a week without problems After plugging a usb device back in the problem happened again after a day or so I have tried different usb devices in different usb ports at a time and the problem seems to happen with all of them The usb devices I've used are different game controllers and a webcam The computer ran fine with all of these usb devices plugged in for a month or before this started happening Is this a coincidence or could this be indicative of the power supply going bad I've attached a zip file as per the bsod posting instructions my computer is maybe months old and my relevant computer specs as listed in my order information are CAS Thermaltake Commander Mid-Tower Gaming Case CD X Double Layer Dual Format DVD -R -RW CD-R RW Drive BLACK COLOR COOLANT Standard Coolant CPU Intel R Core i - K GHz M Intel Smart Cache LGA All Venom OC Certified CS FAN Default case fans FAN Intel LGA Certified CPU Fan amp Heatsink FLASHMEDIA INTERNAL in Flash Media Reader Writer BLACK COLOR HDD GB SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD Single Drive IUSB Built-in USB Ports KEYBOARD Xtreme Gear Black Color Multimedia Internet USB Keyboard MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory Module Corsair XMS Gaming Memory with Heat Spreader MOTHERBOARD CrossFireX Asus P Z -V LX Intel Z Chipset DDR ATX Mainboard LucidLogix Virtu and Intel Smart Response Technology amp HD Audio GbLAN USB x SATA-III RAID PCIe Gen PCIe X amp CI All Venom OC Certified MOUSE GigaByte GM-M Dual Lens Optical Gaming Mouse NETWORK Onboard Gigabit LAN Network OS Microsoft R Windows Home Premium -bit Edition OVERCLOCK No Overclocking POWERSUPPLY Watts - XtremeGear SLI CrossFireX Ready Power Supply SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB X PCIe Video Card Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA From what I've read on the cyberpowerpc forums the extremegear power supply is widely regarded as horrible and a big cause of problems but I'd like to get more opinions before I go buying stuff expecting it to fix all of my problems My computer is still under warranty but if the power supply is the issue they would just replace it with the same brand giving me problems and I would probably be better off in the long run buying something quality and replacing it myself

A:random freezing and random bluescreens with various error codes

if it's still under warranty i would let them fix it . cause i think once you open the case you void the warranty leaving you stuck with all repairs.

scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213395-random-freezing-random-bluescreens-various-error-codes.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Every now and then my computer problem Reset/Freezing will reset and start beeping whilst the screen is black but the power button is still on at the box It seems completely random when it happens and I cant think of anything Reset/Freezing problem that could have caused it It also freezes when I try to play a game NBA Live if it matters and will need to be reset after this happens I know all this seems vague but Ive got no idea how I can describe it further as Reset/Freezing problem there are no error messages that come up Any help is appreciated Running XP with Pentium on the Medion computer that Aldi sells Occasionally I get a message saying that the virtual memory is running low would this have anything to do with it - - - - - - - - - - On my laptop I am also having a resetting problem where the laptop will just reset when I am not using the computer It is irritating as usually I will leave it on to download something and come back to it being reset I have taken to leaving Media Player open when I shut the lid and this has stopped the resetting but I am wondering if there is any way to fix it Again sorry for the vagueness but there is no error messages that come up The laptop has XP as well not sure of any other details nbsp

A:Reset/Freezing problem

anyone got any idea?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-freezing-problem.449376/
Relevancy 48.59%

Over the past couple month we had BSOD now & then and its seems to have returned after i tried fixing my current issue of consistant freezing (mainly on startup, p.s not many startup items just needed programs).
I tried safe mode and security scans w/ malware & Microsoft security essentials which found nothing.
I tried to safemode with networking which itself froze and the PC had to be reset.

its seems after the 4th or 5th time of restarting the pc it works fine.

Im using Vista Home Prem. 32bit
fujitsu pc.

There was no disc with this pc : (.....also can i make my own start up disc?..or isnt there any point being that its obviously corrupt.

thanks for any assistance.

A:Freezing Forcing Reset

Generally, Freeze could be from number of constraints.

Junk filesLow Ram, High UsageBack ground programHidden VirusHardware issue

Remedy: Try to delete the temp files, msconfig, try increase the Virtual Memory. Analysis from which date system freezing. Try system restore.

Thanks.
Vijay.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/303044-freezing-forcing-reset.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I m hoping someone can help as freezing probs Boot, reset, I have read many of the posts here and have tried alot of things that I have read The Problem I am getting hanging at any time where the harddrive light is on continuously but the monitor is on standby I sometimes get Boot, reset, freezing probs the blue screen and other times it just won t boot to the Windows start-up screen In all cases though when I do have a problem a simple pressing Boot, reset, freezing probs of the reset button does not do anything as the monitor never does come back on therefore no reboot Only after powering off and on a few times does it finally kick in I am on the same computer right now which leaves me to believe it isn t a software or Windows problem but Boot, reset, freezing probs perhaps hardware either memory or video card I have not installed any new hardware though I have tried the following unplugged all USB port plugs updated BIOS updated Video drivers Cleaned all spyware Virus scanned Restored to previous known Good date disabled all power options Any suggestions would be very helpful Thanks nbsp

A:Boot, reset, freezing probs

whats the windows version?
I sometimes get the blue screen,Click to expand...

can you post details of error - stop code and any filenames
------------------------------------------
you may find some info in the event viewer - look for entries at time of restart
control panel>
admin tools>
event viewer>
in the meantime
you may want to try running a memeory test
http://www.memtest86.com/
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

have you updated to SP2
see here
http://forums.techguy.org/t307615.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-reset-freezing-probs.308075/
Relevancy 48.16%

Seemingly random my computer freezes and I have no input any more and nothing on the screen moves Consistently the event viewer shows the same four things Audit events have been dropped by the transport Session Microsoft Security Client OOBE stopped due to to reset freezing and randomly having Computer the following error xC D The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected My gpu and cpu temperatures are fine I am monitoring them while the machine is on please help this is very annoying and hopefully not damaging to my pc update this is now happening more frequently and give these two extra errors Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications The content source lt csc S- - - - - - - Computer freezing randomly and having to reset gt cannot be accessed Context Application SystemIndex Catalog Details HRESULT x x

A:Computer freezing randomly and having to reset

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549415/computer-freezing-randomly-and-having-to-reset/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Hope someone can help Computer was factory Laptop please freezing even HELP reset during all Original and - years old with original windows Vista bit home edition - Have Toshiba Satelitte A and started few weeks ago self restarting during startup then going when slept could not wake up in normal way Had to hard shut down using power button sec finally Laptop freezing even during factory reset HELP please started Freezing during use and slowly been getting worse now freezes every time after startup after running couple mins Worked before in Safe Mode Only Have tried - HDD check chkdsk and WD disk check -both say is OK in Laptop and Ext enclosure Ram check memtest says OK tried reinstalling windows - froze couple times while doing and was Laptop freezing even during factory reset HELP please missing couple drivers but seemed to work for a while then Froze tried Factory reset Holding down on startup - but this freezes every time between - so have to Hard shut down tried replacing HDD with a spare I have with Operating system on - this other windows also worked for short while then froze worked also in Safe mode Installed temp check program and last was at amp c when froze everything Looks Ok monitor is fine But frozen cannot use task manager ctrl alt del or move mouse or type - all frozen so have to hard shutdown tried Factory reset again and this time said missing some realtec gigabit files -so had to shutdown with Button and retried - this time worked but froze at any other INFO needed please ask - and if anyone has any idea would be appriciated Thanks for help all Mark nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezing-even-during-factory-reset-help-please.1109240/
Relevancy 47.3%

Good morning all My computer always locks and freezes on cold boot and sometimes after a reset If I go into any form of safe mode then do a normal restart the machine comes up fine I have AVG Free Comodo and Spybot Search Destroy and did full scans in both Error Vss Reset Cold Boot On // Freezing And normal and safe modes with clean results Ditto for Verizon s suite which I had prior to installing these three apps I have tested the RAM using a RAM tester and the RAM is good I ve uninstalled and re-installed various applications This Freezing On Cold Boot And Reset // Vss Error is a fresh build less than a week old My application log is showing this error just as I shut the machine down after Freezing On Cold Boot And Reset // Vss Error normal use VSS Event ID Volume Shadow Copy Service error Unexpected error CreateFileW Volume f d- - dd-b - d f xc x hr x I am also getting this warning in conjunction with the VSS errorUserenv Event ID Windows saved user DEVITOR ronmeister registry while an application or service was still using the registry during Freezing On Cold Boot And Reset // Vss Error log off The memory used by the user s registry has not been freed The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use This is often caused by services running as a user account try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService accountThe other error I get in the Application Log is WinMgmt Event ID A provider OffProv has been registered in the WMI namespace Root MSAPPS to use the LocalSystem account This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests I m not certain if any or all of these are responsible for the boot locks freezing They all appear to be related to some application or service running and either causing a security breach or not flushing correctly Also this machine is a custom-build I had a major with the stock fan with the CPU the fan wouldn t stay on and when I finally got it on it never cooled the CPU down to acceptable levels My machine had thermally shut down at least half a dozen times during the first week I had it till I liquid-cooled the CPU So I m wondering if I did something to the CPU Here is the spec on the machine and running software MassTherm quot air conditioned quot case note the AC is a gimmick Call it a glorified front fan XFX i mobo with factory bios not flashed This board is a replacement for a i on which I did flash read that quot flush quot the bios and it failed rendering the board inop OCZ Gamestream W PSU GB DDR OCZ RAMTwo Palit GB NVIDIA video cardsTwo Seagate GB SATA drivesOne LiteOn DVD BurnerOne Artec CD BurnerOne Ultra Card ReaderNumerous USB devices including CH Flight Sim Yoke and Rudder Pedals IPOD JVC Everio Camcorder a Sony MiniDV camcorder firewire a Pinnacle Video Capture Device Olympus Voice Recorder Fantom GB external HDD edimensional USB headset Motorola Phone Tools and a flash drive Software Windows XP Pro SP MSIE MS Office Enterprise SP FSX SP X-Plane Pinnacle Plus Ultimate AVG FreeComodoSpybot Search and DestroyReal Player QuickTime iTunes Windows Media Player -- all latest versionsAudacityAOPA Real Time Flight PlannerWindows Live Messenger and Photo GalleryCarboniteThank you

A:Freezing On Cold Boot And Reset // Vss Error

Wow, that is a noodle scratcher, isn't it?Shot in the dark here but check the event logs for an error like this one:"An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\ during a paging operation."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145693/freezing-on-cold-boot-and-reset-vss-error/
Relevancy 46.87%

So, whenever i load up a game, useally WoW, my computer gets so far then it just resets...why? Ive run virus scans, ccleaner, search and destroy and adware and no improvement /cry. Helps please :P

A:Random reset?

Reboot the computer. Before windows starts to load press F8 for the boot options window. Choose "Disable automatic restart on system failure" option then try and load the game.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-reset-137144.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone.

Right, im running windows vista, i turned on my computer thismorning. it loaded up as normal.. but when it loaded up it was rather different, my desk-top icons had gone, Bar a couple of the default and some random ones... my documents, music files and pictures are all gone...

Everything is running prefectly fine (Probably better without all that junk on there)

But it's a little un-nerving..

any ideas on whats happened? Thanks for reading

A:Random Reset.

Someone else on here had a problem like this where it was like their computer had not loaded their user account properly. Try a system restore to before this started happening.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-reset-306309.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Sometimes my computer just resets itself with no warning. Perhaps the only program running is AOL instant messenger when it happens.
Also I have the problem when my computer goes into standby, it won't come out. Any ideas?

Relevancy 46.44%

Thanks in advance for any help! http://www.sevenforums.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif My computer does a random reset. Sometimes during use, often during idle time. I leave the computer on 24/7 for SETI. I recently changed the video card due to some unrelated issues and have replaced the hard drive in the past.

A:Random Reset Problem

Have you already scanned for a malware infection?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/283330-random-reset-problem.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey there Getting nervous because some strange things are happening I have been getting random disconnects from the internet It will connect again if I pull the power from the router and then plug back in On two of our pcs a random pdf popped up that nobody would have opened before Then tonight internet was running fine until I tried random pdf ups, router pop reset to browse on my pc the one with pdf pop up random pdf pop ups, router reset Disconnect happened again Tried the usual trick but wouldn random pdf pop ups, router reset t reconnect Windows wasn t even seeing it as a active wireless I went to router web page and I couldn t log in with my password I then tried the default password and it worked Went through the settings and the router had no security Looked like it was reset to factory defaults no one other then me would know how to do this I went through the whole process new password to enter new password to connect new SSID name etc It was then that I realized the PCs were finding the network just the unsecured one When the pdf should up on the pcs I ran MBAM quick scan on one and GMER and ESET on the other and the results were clean I am terrified that someone has access to our computers I won t even let family get on internet boy they are not happy I have disabled internet on all but one pc which I am hard-wired I don t know if that is any safer Please advise and TIA

A:random pdf pop ups, router reset

Hello, the best way to be certain is to repost this with the logs below.Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6-9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.If GMER won't run (it may not on a 64 bit system) skip it and move on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465515/random-pdf-pop-ups-router-reset/
Relevancy 46.44%

weeks ago I built myself a new computer and all has been fine for that time until yesterday I was playing Fallout was is slow and reset, random A now everything running smoothly as normal when suddenly my PC just randomly reset no BSOD or anything Since then it s been running much slower than usual Boot up is a lot slower and games especially for example loading my save in Fallout has gone from seconds to about minutes and loading a map in Battlefield about the same It seems to be slowest after a fresh boot up in the morning difficult to say for definate though because it happened yesterday so the loading time in games will be the minutes and then after the first load of whatever it is it seems to be back to normal however it is A random reset, and now everything is slow still a lot slower than usual I m also noticing frequent stuttering and constant lockups in Fallout that I never A random reset, and now everything is slow had before Also I A random reset, and now everything is slow ran a disk check and at stage verifying file data is went at snails pace getting to after hours This is what I upgraded to - Intel Core Quad Q G Stepping GHz MHz Socket L MB Cache x MB MB per core pair Retail Boxed Processor Corsair GB Kit x GB DDR MHz PC - XMS Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL Lifetime Warranty Gigabyte GA-EP -S L iP Socket channel audio ATX Motherboard XFX HD GB GDDR Dual DVI HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card OCZ Stealth XStream W PSU - SLI Ready ATX cm Fan Some help please nbsp

A:A random reset, and now everything is slow

Hi Thalin

Did you check whether your system was overheating whilst playing the game? This might have caused the initial shutdown. Keep track of your temperature settings. Do you only experience sluggishness whilst playing games or when doing anything else as well (browsing, scrolling, opening other programs etc) ....

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-random-reset-and-now-everything-is-slow.125435/
Relevancy 46.44%

A curious thing has started happening. I can't thing that I've changed the hardware configuration at all recently, and have not made any major software changes that I can think of. My computer works fine, but has started randomly resetting itself. There appear to be no triggers I have found - one minute it will be fine, then it resets. This has happened both when actively being used, but also while idle - sometimes not at all!

There is a click sound as the system resets, and a whirring sound is briefly audible in the fraction between reset and power up (poss aux fan?). After start-up, there are no issues and everything runs fine.

My spec and configuration is in the profile.

If anyone has an idea what to check, I'd be grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

Relevancy 46.44%

I suppose there is some explanation somewhere in the forum for this unfortunately I don t have the time right now to explore all random reset, H.E.L.P.!!! XP please Windows threads looking for my problem solution I Windows XP random reset, please H.E.L.P.!!! really need Windows XP random reset, please H.E.L.P.!!! help This thing annoys a lot and don t let me work at home The Story I had a PC P MHz MB Ram Integrated Ethernet and audio NVIDIA TNT RIVA MB Floppy GB HDD Floppy x CD-Rom and a x- x- x CD burner USB ports were also integrated the Power supply was W and it was using XP professional Then one day the Hard disk said quot Goodbye quot and died So I purchased another Hard Disk this time GB and installed it The Tragedy After a quite smooth install procedure of Windows XP SP included I started the tedious procedure of re-installing the software Suddenly ZAP the burner was no more recognized I mean it is recognized at Windows XP random reset, please H.E.L.P.!!! startup but whenever I try to access it It goes down in flames Windows says there is no CD on it and then deletes the icon from quot My Computer quot Then upon the installation of each piece of software all of the installations run perfectly whenever I execute anything it is a lotto game at the finish when I close the app game etc since sometimes the computer restarts alone and sometimes it doesn t I cannot figure out any behavior pattern as it restarts but not always sometimes even running the calculator for instance or solitaire When it restarts due to the unknown problem the start screen shows more quickly than it does normally and then shows the message quot Windows has recovered from a Fatal Error quot on which i choose quot Don t send quot I think I ve sent Gigas of errors to MS and never received a single bit of help Everything seems normal and suddenly ZAP at closing of ANY random app game or program It restarts again I ve tested all aspects of the hardware using some diagnostic software i e symantec and the bios PC-Health status and everything seems to be normal I tried to capture and as I remember there was something called IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL somewhere and a reference to a program called quot ALCXWDM SYS quot causing the crash or at least I suppose it was It appeared in the report with Address FBF F and base at FBF The Aftermath I have a PC P MHz MB Ram Integrated Ethernet and audio NVIDIA TNT RIVA MB Floppy GB HDD Floppy x CD-Rom and a x- x- x CD burner USB ports were also integrated the Power supply was W and running XP professional but it s gone mad randomly restarting and I cannot figure out why Please help P S I m including In the zipped attachment the mini - dmp and sysdata xlm that are produced everytime the system restarts I don t see how this can help but there it is nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I get a random BSOD every now and then mainly after a PC reset and after i have put in the windows credentials. I have tried to follow the tutorial on analysing BSOD but am coming up stumped on a probable cause. The bugcheck error code is BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8004e8db10, fffffa8004e8ddf0, fffff800035ca780}.

Attached is the output from the dm log collector.

Thank-you!

Sergio

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/394386-random-bsod-mainly-after-pc-reset-bugcheck-f4.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone just wondering why my computer randomly reset itself to its previous out of the box condition Actually not even that I just put it on today and after I logged in it said it was configuring Windows so I thought maybe it was just an automatic update that was being applied Reset? Windows 8 Random Factory However my windows theme has been changed I have lost all of my tiles except maybe a few and my desktop Icons have been cleaned up not completely just Random Windows 8 Factory Reset? the ones I don t use often Also I am missing a lot of files from my documents my desktop my downloads and anywhere else I saved files The browsers I use which are Chrome Firefox and IE all start as if it was the first time they were used also all of my bookmarks saved passwords and all other records are gone However none of the software I installed has been changed or removed I checked my update history and according to that record I haven t received an auto update since July st It is very unlikely that anybody else has used my computer in the last hours because nobody else knows my password nor can they guess it I am not sure what else to consider any ideas nbsp

A:Random Windows 8 Factory Reset?

Okay, all of a sudden, I log in today and everything is back to normal again. All of my files have been restored just the way they were. The theme has been restored, my tiles, my browsers, everything. Very strange, maybe it is a virus, either way I am not ready to mark as solved because it might happen again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-windows-8-factory-reset.1105883/
Relevancy 46.01%

You read it right. Even after the factory reset I continue to get random BSOD. This started happening last year. After going off the edge one day with this thing , I reset it. It froze the day of the reset when I was rebuilding my desktop again. The improvement after the reset is that it actually writes minidump files now.

I look to the wisdom of this board to help me please. I have attached the minidump files from the last three bsod, the event log and my system specs. If there is anything else needed I will be waiting.

A:RANDOM BSOD even after Factory reset

Welcome

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this:
Click on the Start
Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box
When it opens, go to File, Save
Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember
Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info
Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253848-random-bsod-even-after-factory-reset.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Thought I had fixed my problem with removing AVG and updating my drivers but still have random crashing computer resetting The health report is in the zip file any help thanks Who Crashed Report Crash Dump Analysis Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Mon GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module luafv sys luafv x F Bugcheck code xFC xFFFFF AD F x AC xFFFFF C A x Error ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY file path C Windows system drivers luafv sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company BSOD Random Freeze Reset / Microsoft Corporation description LUA File Virtualization Filter Driver Bug check description This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Random Reset / Freeze BSOD Sun GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x CC Bugcheck code xD x x x xFFFFF Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x CC Bugcheck code xD x x x xFFFFF DBD E Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Tue GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x FD Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF A F xFFFFF DB AE x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time Conclusion crash dumps have been found and analyzed Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows In case a ... Read more

A:Random Reset / Freeze BSOD

Hello Redfox, welcome to SF!

You have an issue with these devices:

HTML Code:
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter ROOT\*ISATAP\0000 This device cannot start.
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2 ROOT\*ISATAP\0001 This device cannot start.
Read this to see if it could fit your situation please: Microsoft ISATAP adapter - Page 2 - Vista Forums

The last crash was caused by a standard Windows driver which should be up-to-date:

Quote:
Please go to your Maintenance Center and check the Windows Update status. Make sure you are up to date, do them one by one manually if needed.
For help or reset see: Windows Update - Reset

You have a couple of drivers from here: Silicon Image - Support that are from 2007. Please check for newest.

Also check the drivers for your Wacom (pen / mouse).

Lastly, please specify your RAM setup. How is your 9GB setup. Sometimes, using different ram sticks causes problems. If you have 2*4 + 1... take out the 1Gb please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182877-random-reset-freeze-bsod.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hope someone here can help. I have an intermittent annoyance that I just cant get to the bottom of.

Basically every now and then (no real pattern to it) my monitor seems to reset, as if its changing resolutions. Sometimes it just comes back at the same res/ refresh. Other times it comes back at a different res and refresh.

System Win 2k
Nvidia fx5600 card
Iiyama 1451 19inch

Direct 9c
Latest Nvidia drivers
Latest Iiyama drivers

Any ideas?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iiyama-1451-random-reset-issues.323284/
Relevancy 45.58%

This computer running WinXP has been experiencing random resets, it will shut down and restart even with
Auto Reset disabled both in the Boot Menu and Systems.

We have been working on it within this forum under WinXP section:

Advised to post in this section for Malware assistance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560083/winxp-home-random-restarts/

Temperatures are normal.

It will not reset in the SAFEMODE.

It will random reset with Configsys selections all unchecked and running Windows.

Malware Bytes has turned up nothing on a scan.

A:Random Resets, even with Auto Reset Disabled.

Ok, lets look at these also.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here....ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).. Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.....Last run ESET.Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patie... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560948/random-resets-even-with-auto-reset-disabled/
Relevancy 45.58%

So after experiencing some linux grub problems locking me crashes (not after why?!!!!!!!! refresh),why just 10 Random reset windows out of my computer took me days to fix it when I finally fix it and enter windows I immediately delete linux and the grub but I noticed that my computer was slower than usual and decided to backup my photos and videos to a usb then use Ubuntu's old partition as a backup point partition is on same hdd where windows is after that I go to reset but then I encounter a windows recovery environment not found problem and I use a windows cd after resetting I start using my computer Random crashes after windows 10 reset (not refresh),why just why?!!!!!!!! and after some time the screen went black mid fsx installation and then restarts itself I continue using it this time the installation finishes and I go to watch some youtube videos after MIN approximate it freezed and restarted itself this I went to eventviewer and found bugcheck the computer was restarted from a bugcheck then I go to grab the memory dmp Interestingly it weights GB and I wasn't able to open probably due to the size since then the freezes are more frequent should I upload some photos and videos when the problem happens

A:Random crashes after windows 10 reset (not refresh),why just why?!!!!!!!!

Here goes 1 photo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605842/random-crashes-after-windows-10-reset-not-refreshwhy-just-why/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all Last weekend i replaced motherboard processor and RAM The system ran fine for a while but is restarting randomly now for a few days Once it happened twice a day and then two days nothing I searched for fixes but nothing helped yet Found from eventvwr exe - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - Random Task 41 BSOD: Kernel 63 without reset C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt DanielPC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Random reset without BSOD: Kernel 41 Task 63 BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Tried Disabling duplicate audio drivers in task manager Monitored temperature gt CPU amp GPU normal RAM checked One succesfull phase gt random restart during phase two Activate driver verifier to test for driver problems gt Creates same BSOD at windows start gt attached Going to try in meantime Replace sli with single GT Replace Cooler master W Silent power supply to see if fixed Edit Could not replace psu since it didnt have enough connectors for motherboard Remove additional harddisks only connect Windows SSD

A:Random reset without BSOD: Kernel 41 Task 63

Temperatures of CPU and GPU'S are checked with realtemp and normal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/400875-random-reset-without-bsod-kernel-41-task-63-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This only concerns the Redstone PC builds as this function afaik hasn't been implemented for those on the Threshold builds and it isn't available for phones might become available at some [Anniversary Having issues app? Reset random a it! with Update] point but there's currently no information to indicate this Why would you reset an app Well resetting an app is basically the same as uninstalling reinstalling an app This is needed when the performance of [Anniversary Update] Having issues with a random app? Reset it! the app has taken a hit It's mostly a good idea to do this just to check if the problem lies with the app itself with the device or with the OS How do you reset Open settings gt Systems gt Apps and Features gt this will generate a list of apps and programs available on your device Tap click on the app you want to reset gt Tap click on quot Advanced Options [Anniversary Update] Having issues with a random app? Reset it! quot gt Tap click on quot Reset quot You can see quot Advanced Options quot in the above image just in case you got lost Handy feature

A:[Anniversary Update] Having issues with a random app? Reset it!

This NEEDS to be available on any W10 device, including phones. Such a basic and necessary feature for troubleshooting and maintenance.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/432961-%5Banniversary-update%5D-having-issues-random-app-reset.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi sorry if this is in the wrong place or anything i'm new to the forum Recently my computer has started crashing randomly It mostly happens when i am playing various games but has also happened once when i was just watching a video on YouTube When it crashes both of my monitors go black as if they were going into buzzing Random followed reset by screen, then black standby mode then after a couple of seconds i start hearing a loud buzzing sound through Random black screen, followed by buzzing then reset my headset then after about - seconds the computer just restarts itself The computer is custom built and is just over years old but this crash as only started happening within the last month and a bit The crashes themselves are completely sporadic some times i can go several days even a week or so playing games with no problems then the next day it will crash during a game and then again the next day Sorry about the lack of detail in the specs but im not that great with troubleshooting so if there is any other information you need please let me know how i can get it Specs CPU AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor GHz OS Windows bit Service Pack GPU GeForce GTX GB RAM Thanks in advance for any help

A:Random black screen, followed by buzzing then reset

I'm still hoping someone can help with this.

It just did the crash again this morning after only being on for 30 minutes, when it had reset itself windows popped up an error box saying Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown with these details,

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8010769010
BCP2: FFFFF88012205D1C
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I'm not sure if this is any help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-black-screen-followed-by-buzzing-then-reset-880849.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Just had a random pc reset during a game of League of Legends. I've also been getting freezes when the PC transitions into screensaver mode. There hasn't been any BSODs yet and I've had this issue before - PC freezing when the monitors go on standby and a ntoskrnl BSOD

I still have the fixes in action from that thread. Not sure what I should try next. Posting my dxdiag alongside this. Thanks in advance.

DxDiag.txt

A:Random reset and system freezes during screensaver

My first suggestion would be check your GPU temps (use SpeedFan), check your GPU fan and heatsink to make sure they're clean and moving freely, verify the card is firmly in the slot along with its power cord. And reinstall your graphics card (Download the driver from nVidia and before installing check "Perform clean install"). When you say reset are you saying it restarts, the screen turns off but their is still hard drive activity, screen turns off and no hard drive activity, or the entire system turns off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299030-random-reset-system-freezes-during-screensaver.html
Relevancy 44.72%

black screen usually no errors just a black screen sound will lag and freeze up have to hard reset it no blue screens usually here is the latest mini dump file.

this is the latest mini dump file most the time my comp never blue screens just hangs black so i never knew there was mini dump files still coming in and i have a bunch of those but this is the latest one.

had a driver issue a while back was getting blue screens from it but i completely erased it out of drivers folder and win32 drivers folder which was locked but i used a reg editor here that made it possible to take ownership of a folder and then i completely deleted it out of my system so i think.

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:random crashes during all games black screen and have to hrd reset

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111311-26145-01.dmp
C:\Users\Shane\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-40950-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.tx
i think this was the last error message i saved

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200608-random-crashes-during-all-games-black-screen-have-hrd-reset.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ran GMER.exe as per instructions and unchecked everything needed, ran the dds logger, defogger, etc.....after i ran gmer.exe i walked away from my computer and walked back and it had rebooted and all i can see is my background. i pressed ctrl-alt-delete and managed to get task manager and ran explorer. no log was saved so how do i report anything here? is it a known bug or...?

A:ran GMER.exe, random reset, explorer wont load.

Hello.GMER is a scan only tool unless you had used any of the other features and should not cause such a problem. Please try booting into Safe Mode.With Regards,The Panda

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333428/ran-gmerexe-random-reset-explorer-wont-load/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have a random shutting down problem with my -years old Toshiba Satellite A -S laptop It started with randomly Sleed mode and Hard Shut Down without any warning It looks like somebody pressed on power button Last week it started to appear more recently Sleep/Powed Down/Reset on Random laptop Toshiba and now sometime my Laptop can not even start up Computer switch itself off just seconds after I switch it on Random Sleep/Powed Down/Reset on Toshiba laptop My conclusion is that a problem is with power on off module on the mother board I have disassembled everything RAM HD monitor CD keyboard speakers media buttons mouse external connectors and power button harness as well Remained just motherboard with CPU GPU cooling unit ventilator BIOS battery and external power supply I make short shorting on connector of power button to power it on but nothing new - after seconds it switch itself off like power button is still kept pressed I was suggested to run Combofix tool to eliminate the software problem Could somebody read the attached combofix log file and explain me the result of the scan please Is any idea how to fix or bypass this issue Any suggestion will be appreciates Combofix Log File ComboFix - - - Alex -Jul- - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT Running from c users Alex Desktop ComboFix exe AV PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus Enabled Updated F A -D E - DF -A AE-CB F AB SP PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus Enabled Updated BB -F DA- F- A E-F FF F SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c users Alex g mdlhlpx exe c users Alex WINDOWS Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pctwfpfilter sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pctgntdi sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pctEFA sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pctDS sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers PCTCore sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers PCTSD sys Random Sleep/Powed Down/Reset on Toshiba laptop - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers pctBTFix sys - - - - ----a-w- Random Sleep/Powed Down/Reset on Toshiba laptop c windows system drivers pctplsg sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x PC Tools Security - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Common Files PC Tools - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata PC Tools - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates EB DCC -C D- F -BA - B E A FF offreg dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates EB DCC -C D- F -BA - B E A FF mpengine dll Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuaueng dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuauclt exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wucltux dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wudriver dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuwebv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapp exe - - - - ------w- c windows system MpSigStub exe Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Internet Explorer URLSearchHooks quot bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc quot quot c program files x uTorrentBar tbuTor dll quot - - HKEY CLASSES ROOT clsid bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Wow Node Browser Helper Objects F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - - ----a-w- c program files x ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dll HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Wow Node Browser Helper Objects bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc - - ----a-w- c program files x uTorrentBar tbuTor dll HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar quot bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc quot quot c program files x uTorrentBar tbuTor dll quot - - quot F B -B - - B- FBA BD D quot quot c program files x ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dll quot - - HKEY CLASSES ROOT clsid bf fa-e b - db ... Read more

A:Random Sleep/Powed Down/Reset on Toshiba laptop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/462224 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462224/random-sleeppowed-downreset-on-toshiba-laptop/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there I believe that I have posted this issue before but I have some new details which are puzzling me even more The computer in question is a Sony VAIO PCV-RX which seems to be randomly resetting itself regardless of the programs running or how long the computer itself has been switched on I have installed Everest and have previously monitored the system s temperature whichs seems to be a normal running temperature and the fans are Reset Random PCV-RX302: VAIO Automatic Sony not blocked by anything behind the PC case or being clogged with dust No new devices have been causing problems with the computer and even if this was the case these devices are in constant use even when the problem is not occuring The system itself is admittedly getting very old now years purchased July and so I am wondering if there is something wrong with a component inside such as the motherboard or processor or even the thermal paste for the processor needing to be replaced Below is the general specification of the system with the only upgrade being made since purchase being the memory which has also been fine since around Operating System Windows XP Home Processor Intel Pentium GHz Cache memory L Cache - Advanced Transfer Cache Installed Size KB Cache Per Processor KB Mainboard Data Bus Speed MHz RAM MB DDR SDRAM MHz Storage controller x IDE - integrated Floppy Drive quot Sony VAIO PCV-RX302: Random Automatic Reset MB floppy Hard Drive x GB - standard Graphics Card AGP NVIDIA GeForce MX MB DDR SDRAM nbsp

A:Sony VAIO PCV-RX302: Random Automatic Reset

With the age of that computer I'm surprised the power supply is still working correctly. If you have access to a test power supply i would attempt that. I bet it very well could be an issue with the PS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-pcv-rx302-random-automatic-reset.709835/
Relevancy 44.72%

Windows freezes without any warning signs, have to reset the system from there. Then I'm getting the message that Windows didn't shut down correctly. After normal start-up the pop up screen appears telling that an unexpected error occured (something like that), clicking on it shows the BSOD message.

At the moment 64bit version is installed. Also had a clean install of 32bit but the same problem occured.

It's a pre-installed OEM 7 home premium edition, but did several clean installs (because of the problems) with an original Family Pack 7 disc.

The system is being used as a Digital Audio Workstation in a recording studio so it would be great if someone can help me out with this.

If you need more information please let me know.

A:Random Freezes give BSOD notifications after reset

Both dumps read:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Hardware fault
X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE_PRV
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
CPU stress test:

Prime95 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Free Software - GIMPS
Prime95 64-bit now available - Overclockers Forums

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [F:\a\Minidump\100310-23790-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`01e01000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0203ee50
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:14.930
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8008cbf038, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa8008cbf038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`021846f0 fffff800`020bba89 : fffffa80`08cbf010 fffffa80`0796e040 fffff8a0`00000005 00000000`00000001 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`02184c10 fffff800`01f9d667 : fffffa80`08cbf010 fffff800`020165f8 fffffa80`0796e040 00000003`00000005 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`02184c40 fffff800`01f05c45 : fffff800`02078360 fffffa80`088b3828 fffffa80`088b3820 fffffa80`0796e040 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`02184c80 fffff800`01e7e961 : fffff880`010aae00 fffff800`01f05c20 fffffa80`0796e040 00000000`0000055a : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`02184cb0 fffff800`02115c06 : 5fac5fac`b7c4b7c4 fffffa80`0796e040 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`0795a890 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`02184d40 fffff800`01e4fc26 : fffff880`020a4180 fffffa80`0796e040 fffff880`020af0c0 0df30df3`2b4c2b4c : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`02184d80 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`02185000 fffff880`0217f000 fffff880`0294b540 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE_PRV

BUCKET_ID: X... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/115442-random-freezes-give-bsod-notifications-after-reset.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey all I ve stumbled upon a rare and strange problem on vista About days ago I did a windows update as I haven t Vista Windows Setting Reset? Ultimate Random x64 done one in awhile Today I noticed that certain settings were set back to default Some examples are of the icons I Pinned to Start Menu are missing Customizations of certain settings pertaining to Visuals are set back to default My Itunes no longer has the music inside the program but they are still in my external Harddrive My Windows Media Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Random Setting Reset? Player was set to share my files to my Ps but is no longer active in other words I have to reshare everything and set it up again The links to my Music and Pictures from my Start Menu no longer link to the correct location they have been resetted Realtek Speaker Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Random Setting Reset? Icon is suppose to be hidden from the bottom right corner of Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Random Setting Reset? the taskbar but is showing now Does anyone know why this happened Is there anyway to fix this Lol I looked in Microsoft support and chatted with their support they gave me a link to chat or call to another technician which requires you to pay thats lame I hope someone can shed some light into this and lead me to the right direction or if anyone else experienced anything similar please share your stories Cheers I m not sure what other things have been resetted but this is very frustrating as I did many customizations in Vista nbsp

A:Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Random Setting Reset?

About 4 days ago I did a windows update as I haven't done one in awhileClick to expand...

Was it SP1 ?

If it was, Service Packs can set many things back to default. Normally no, unless there were non Windows system files causing the original setup (which are now fixed)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-vista-ultimate-x64-random-setting-reset.109529/
Relevancy 44.29%

Im locked out of my phone, and Ive tried to do all the steps for a hard reset and it doesnt work.
Tried - Volume down and power the phone keeps cycleing through the boot up with an (!) on the screen
Tried - Volume down, Volume up, power off, no change

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439847-i-cant-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Will hard reset result in loss of valuable data (data in hard disk)?

A:Hard reset

No. A hard reset will not caue data loss.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-reset/td-p/5788091
Relevancy 44.29%

I need to run a hard reset on an Pavillion notebook as it won't start up at all/slowly. If I do this will it delete any saved files on the notebook as my daughter has all her exam work on it.Thx

A:Hard Reset

A reset will delete all of the files on the notebook. It is not a hard reset. that is something different. Have you tried booting to the usb recovery media that you should have created by now?If you do that, you can use Windows system restore to resolve the issue.  Do you see it below the Precautions heading in the image? Windows System refresh will also fix the issue without deleting any personal files.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-Reset/td-p/5566689
Relevancy 44.29%

when using hardware buttons to perform hard reset it does'nt work. i cant reach recovery mode, the phone just powers on normally every time

A:why cant i do a hard reset

If you can't figure out the hardware keys, you can reset the phone through settings > about > reset my phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443752-why-cant-i-do-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

A:How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

Hi: Here is a link with information for how to do a hard reset... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-do-I-do-a-hard-reset-on-my-hp-lap-top/td-p/5743314
Relevancy 44.29%

We have about users at our organization and about or so are experiencing issues with toolbars in Word randomly changing color when hovering the mouse pointer over an icon and the toolbar settings positions randomly changing These changes are as though the user has moved a toolbar but in reality they have done nothing of the sort The changes happen very infrequently some happen a few days at Random Positions Word 2003 Toolbars Move/Reset after resetting their positions others take up to weeks and Word is used every day by each user Functionality Word 2003 Toolbars Move/Reset Positions at Random of the toolbars does not change clicking Print still prints etc We are running Office Professional w SP and the latest updates as of this posting Some users have Adobe Acrobat Professional some users have Standard Some users have no Adobe other than Reader which to my knowledge does not insert toolbars into Word Some users have Hummingbird DM others most don t The machines are all Dell PC s and range from Optiplex GX s GX GX s All Windows XP Professional Word 2003 Toolbars Move/Reset Positions at Random w SP and the latest updates as of this posting All machines are actively scanned with McAfee VirusScan Enterprise on a daily basis and have been scanned for malicious software - of our users have quot basic quot user accounts with very restricted access Can anyone offer any insight as to why the toolbars might move around at random We have re-installed Office on several machines but the problem does eventually return We have re-imaged several of the machines too but the problem does return We have tried restricting Normal dot to read-only access deleting Normal dot and have it re-created We are currently testing Modify access to HKCU Software Microsoft Office Word which is showing promise Thanks for any help anyone can provide nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/word-2003-toolbars-move-reset-positions-at-random.68197/
Relevancy 43.86%

About a month ago after restarting my laptop I heard random ads playing without any windows being opened Doing research combined with lack of being home I've tried different ways to fix it including anti-malware softwares anti-virus checks etc However the ads persist for about minutes without being able to close them out AVG reset -- upon random background Vista plays file Windows in rpcss.dll ads popped up once and told me that a file similar to rpcss dll in Windows System was infected but a scan showed it was actually in a windows winsxs x folder instead It's still happening and I don't know how to fix it I would appreciate help as soon as you guys can please Thanks in advance Here's the DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Mitchell at Windows Vista plays random ads in background upon reset -- rpcss.dll file on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT - Windows Vista plays random ads in background upon reset -- rpcss.dll file AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A FW AVG Internet Security Disabled AFA E - CDC- EF - EE-C C ABA Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Users Mitchell Documents RCA Detective RCADetective exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows SMINST BLService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe ... Read more

A:Windows Vista plays random ads in background upon reset -- rpcss.dll file

Hello areshkaboo I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit1.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit2.Unzip the contents to a folder in a convenient location.3.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe4.Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.5.Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.6.Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.7.Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click Cleanup once more and repeat the process.8.If no additional threats were found, verify that your system is now running normally, making sure that the following items are functional:•Internet access•Windows Update•Windows Firewall9.If there are additional problems with your system, such as any of those listed above or other system issues, then run the 'fixdamage' tool included with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and reboot.10.Verify that your system is now functioning normally.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523075/windows-vista-plays-random-ads-in-background-upon-reset-rpcssdll-file/
Relevancy 43.86%

Product # N9T28AV (X360 15 inch convertibles)How do you do a "Hard Power Reset" as the battery is not accessible?...on older HP laptops with access to the battery, you would remove power plug, remove battery, hold the power button in for 30 seconds. Reassemble.I can find other reset references to different types of convertible devices but not the N9T28AVIf this is posted in the wrong section, please move to the correct locationIn anticipationThank you

A:Hard power reset

I asked HP about this earlier today.   There is no current documentation that describes how to hard reset an x360 notebook.   I have no idea as to how long it wil take before the Hard reset document is updated. As soon as it happens I will let you know. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Hard-power-reset/td-p/5450011
Relevancy 43.86%

I shut down my laptop today and went shopping. When I came home, it wouldn't turn on. This has happened a couple of times before and I've tried giving it a hard reset. I tried turning it on without the battery and just the power cord and nothing. The light where the power cord goes in is on when it is plugged in. I tried everything and still won't start. My warranty for this laptop is gone and don't know what else to try. Please help!

A:Won't start. Tried hard reset and everything

Hi @krakaholyknight, Thank you for your query. I am happy to lend a helping hand. To confirm that I have the correct product, yours is a HP Stream Notebook-11-d007na? I understand that your notebook was working when you shut it down. When you tried turning it on again it would not start. This has occurred a couple of times before and a hard reset  resolved the issue. You tried removing the battery but that did not help. You do see a light on the power port when connected to AC power.  Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10). Please let me know the outcome. If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the ?Thumbs Up? below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Won-t-start-Tried-hard-reset-and-everything/td-p/5760886
Relevancy 43.86%

My -month-old laptop was running poorly so I backed up my data to an external drive and used the Settings menu to reset the computer to its original state including deleting all data files nbsp The reset hung up at for many minutes without change so I tried a hard reset per the instructions on hard to reset Unable the HP Support website nbsp I removed the battery held down the Power button for seconds to discharge the capacitors reinstalled the battery and hit the Power button nbsp I get a blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner for a few seconds then the HP logo appears for a few seconds then the screen goes dark nbsp This repeats endlessly nbsp No startup menu ever appears Ctrl-Alt-Del has no effect and repeating the hard reset instructions has no effect nbsp The startup seems to get caught in a never-ending loop nbsp I just want to reset the laptop to its original configuration Any suggestions nbsp nbsp

A:Unable to hard reset

There are other ways you could run Reset/Recovery:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Unable-to-hard-reset/td-p/5826966
Relevancy 43.86%

After spending after boot reset. only hard will PC many hours perusing various threads on numerous sites I find myself no PC will only boot after hard reset. further on troubleshooting the following boot problem The PC will not boot from cold but will work perfectly after a hard reset Apologies in advance for this massive post but it will prevent exploring places I have explored already I built the following system for my son for Christmas ABIT NF V mb AMD PC will only boot after hard reset. Sempron Boxed with fan single stick mb Kingston DDR Memory ATI Radeon mb video card Sony DVD drive Single Western Digital WD JD rpm SATA gb HDD Zoom G-Wireless USB mbs card TV XP global TV tuner card PCI LG S TFT monitor W PSU with V on the V rail Windows XP home On first assembly everything booted up and worked fine The following day on a cold boot the system hung before during POST No single normal beep and fans were turning and both HDD and DVD drive lights came on The reset button did not have any effect A couple of hard power-offs did the trick - system booted into windows fine Again the following day on a cold start the system hung but I had a couple of different POST codes at different times Two tone siren short beeps repeating longer beep about sec long but did not self shut down just continued with the beeping until I switched the power off reset had no effect On investigating various web sites threads I decided on replacing the PSU two tone beeps out of limit voltage detection and on looking on ABIT TEQ the V rail was a bit unstable about - I also increased AGP and Vcore voltages by small amounts as recommended on the Abit Forum threads but no improvement I replaced the PSU with a Jeantech W unit Bet you can guess though New PSU did not help I have since done three clean installs of windows and formatted the HDD to try to eliminate virus driver snags Incidentally on the windows install the soft reboots initiated by windows setup resulted in single repeated beeps and system hangs Hard power off and reboot again enabled a normal boot back into windows Other threads suggest that the single repeating beep is not a terminal main board problem and I suspected the CMOS battery not enough juice to store the configuration hence the hanging on cold boot but changing it has not helped either I have also swapped RAM and graphics card ATI radeon XT from my other PC to eliminate those components as suspect Also tried running the RAM as rather than - Symptoms remained each time I then noticed that the DVD rom was not always recognised in the BIOS and so suspected an IDE channel failure After discussion with tech support people at ABIT I then RMAed the motherboard and replaced it for an ASUS K V X SE Since fitting the ASUS board the only remaining problem is that the PC will still not boot first time from cold You have to do a hard reset and then it boots fine and runs very well into windows I have now been investigating threads about the WD JD hard drive and its compatibility with the VT R chipset I have jumpered the HDD to lock at mb s Have also swapped in a different DVD drive but no change I am left with thinking that this is a BIOS setting issue or a SATA IDE conflict or BOOT issue I have tried play with boot order and the RAID screen but there appears to be nothing to change there I have also flashed the BIOS to from the ASUS web site I have checked for motherboard shorts seems clear I am also thinking of getting an EIDE HDD just to see if this is the problem but can t see why SATA shouldn t run with IDE on the same board So far I have Changed PSU twice Changed the mainboard Swapped in RAM Swapped in Graphics Card Changed GPU fan supply source Changed CMOS battery Changed voltages in the bios at the advice of the tech support man in UK Run various software based hardware checks eg PC Check and memtest which have all passed Sorry bout the war and peace but having read many threads it seems to pay to be thorough I really am starting struggle... Read more

A:PC will only boot after hard reset.

Wow, sounds like you've essentially swapped in a brand new computer.

You didn't put jumpers on the hard drive, did you? I've heard of that messing up SATA drives. Poke around the BIOS and mess with the drive settings, including raid configs that might not exist. it definately sounds like a BIOS problem related to your hard drive.

That does seem like a royal pain though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-will-only-boot-after-hard-reset.68670/
Relevancy 43.86%

If I make a hard reset to my phone, will be deleted also the content of the memory card?

A:Hard reset WM10

If you initiate from the settings menu you will be asked whether or not to erase the SD card. If you initiate using the key combination from a phone that will not start, I don't know what the default behavior is. I suggest you remove the card before using the key combination just to be safe.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438052-hard-reset-wm10.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,I have recently smashed my screen so i am using a tv screen with a HDMI cable. I was doing a PowerPoint presentation and then it froze so I restarted my NoteBook but when I went to turn it back on the screen remained blank but it does turn on. I have tried hard reset on the notebook but I can't see it in the HDMI tv screen. And was wondering if there is a way to get everything back up and running again? Thank You.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HDMI Hard Reset.

Hello,Sorry just got everything sorted thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HDMI-Hard-Reset/td-p/5823200
Relevancy 43.86%

Initially I was facing a problem wherein the keys A,S,D,F and some other keys were not working. The mousepad was also not working fine. I searched the net and got a page that suggested hard reset. Hence, I did the followingStep 01. Turned OFF the NotebookStep 02. Un-plugged the Power/AC Adapter and also removed the BatteryStep 03. Pressed and Held the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minuteStep 04. Re-inserted the battery back in  As soon as I re-inserted the battery, the following happenedPower button with LED indicator - is continuously onBattery charging LED indicator - is continuously onPower/standby LED indicator - is continuously onScreen is blank. Nothing is displayed on screen If I remove the battery the lights shut down. As soon as I put the battery the lights are on. Pressing the power button continuouslt doesn't help. Can someone please help in resolving the issue and starting my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/does-not-start-after-hard-reset/td-p/5679394
Relevancy 43.86%

i want to hard reset my laptop bac to out of the box factory settings but everytime i try it with the f11 option it keeps asking for a disc to continue. laptop didnt come with a operating system disc. and if i try to fully reset it throught the options menu it doesnt do anything, all it does is say this will take a moment then that screen closes and nothing ever happens it takes me back to my desktop but never resets my computer.

A:i can not hard reset my laptop

Hello, Your PC came with Windows 8.1. The Win 10 upgrade killed the recovery partition. You need an HP Recovery disc set . The Grzy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/i-can-not-hard-reset-my-laptop/td-p/5825375
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,I seem to have corrupt bios.  I was setting up the system with Xubuntu 16.04 so I went into the bios settings to change it from "Legacy" to "UEFI with CMS" after I saved it and rebooted it went to a blank screen with the backlight on.  Since then I've gone through the hard reset proceedures posted here using the external method with both of the bios versions posted. So far nothing has worked but it is accessing the usb drive and the screen backlight does come on and off but only in the early stages of the process.  After that, nothing! I've tried holding the "win" key and "b" for several minutes so I'm fairly sure I'm not letting go too early.  No flashing lights or beeps! So is this the right proceedure?  Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hard-reset-on-a-14-d004au/td-p/5714711
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys I am frustrated I wanted to dual-boot Windows on my Windows Home Premium laptop and shrinked my Drive Hard Reset disk by about GB I went on to create a new volume as you can see in the screenshot below I actually re-installed Reset Hard Drive Windows and succesfully managed to do so but now when I boot the Windows installer I get to the quot select volume quot part and the only option I can choose is my Windows volume Windows II in the screenshot For every other volume all the options like formatting deleting and creating a new one are greyed out Trying to install on unallocated space also does not work Now I have almost given up I have got almost no space left on my active volume and can not increase it nor can I install a new operating system because it doesn't work any of the virtual volumes What I would like to do now is to either be able to extend my active volume or to reset the whole harddrive and to re-install Windows all over again Please help me sevenforums

A:Reset Hard Drive

Well, for starters your disk is dynamic - no good. If you want that many primary partitions, initialize it in GPT.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/367494-reset-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I've been working on a computer that has had a lot of recent issues with its hard drive, and I'm getting tired of trying to fix it with the computer utilities. Could I have a link to instructions on how to completely reset my hard drive, erasing everything on it? The computer is a Dimension 8250 and doesn't have a warrantee any longer, nor does it have anything valuable on it, although I could easily transfer the few remaining files that I would like to keep onto another computer. I also have the XP boot disc, so I should be ready to do this. Thks.

A:Reset Hard Drive

Hi .

If "reset" means delete everything...

You can just use the XP CD...to delete everything on any drive, before creating a new partition/formatting/installing XP.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176180/reset-hard-drive/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi! I've a great problem. I've activated HP Drive Encryption with no fingerprint access and my tablet dowsn't recognize my password. I can't login and I don't know how to enter in the BIOS. How can I do a hard reset?Thanks!

A:Hard Reset on HP Elite X2

Hard reset documenthttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/  You will need to contact HP directly for your issue. See the following web document for contact options.http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/home/ 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Hard-Reset-on-HP-Elite-X2/td-p/5540680
Relevancy 43.86%

Is there any way to disable a hard reset of a laptop (i.e. holding the power button down for five seconds)? Could one use C sharp or something like this to achieve this goal? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Disable Hard Reset

There's usually a setting in the BIOS to control this behavior. In XP and Vista you can adjust the settings for the Power button in the Control Panel...Power Options applet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157338/disable-hard-reset/
Relevancy 43.43%

This has been occurring for months now hard crashing, PC reset. requiring It is EXTREMELY PC crashing, requiring hard reset. annoying especially if I am in the middle of something very important The mouse cursor will lock everything will freeze and this will usually be followed by any sound repeating buzzing freezing From here it is a complete freeze The only way to get out of this is to restart my computer Now another surprising thing is that usually I need to push my reset button in PC crashing, requiring hard reset. all the way for my PC to reset I suppose this is so you don't bump the button When the crash occurs I only have to slightly touch the reset button for my PC to completely shut down Strange Upon first glance I suspected this to be my power supply however now I am not sure it could really be any other component I am fairly confident that this is hardware related but not sure what is causing these crashes Nothing seems to quot trigger quot the crashes It can happen whilst watching videos playing games browsing the web or simply idling Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:PC crashing, requiring hard reset.

Please provide full specs of your PC including PSU make/model/wattage so we know what we're looking at. Could quite possibly be a PSU problem, but we need all your other hardware info too (CPU, Motherboard, RAM etc).

Is the PC pre-built or custom built?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-crashing-requiring-hard-reset-614768.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a pocket pc that I have had for about 7 years now worked great up until about a month ago glitches out everytime I turn it on and use I have taken the battery out and let it set for a few days I have pressed the small pencil tip reset button nothing works I am hoping someone knows how to do like a hard reset I realize I could lose all my stored info thats ok I just need to put in new information with the programs it came with basically I need to set it back to factory default thanks for your help!!

A:Hp iPAQ pocket pc hard reset

To hard-reset your Pocket PC, hold down the power button and press the reset button at the same time. You will loose any data, backup before attempting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-ipaq-pocket-pc-hard-reset-588516.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My laptop won't start.  I have read through this blog, and did a hard reset (twice) and it still won't start.  I've had this issue in the past and have been able to solve it with a hard reset, but not this time.   What else can I do? The battery still had some "juice" in it as recently as last week, as I was able to use it without power for a few hours with no problems.   Thanks.  

A:Laptop still won't turn on after hard reset

Hi there @PaulaEmde,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your notebook is not powering up. I am happy to help with this. When it is plugged in do you see a charging LED lit?When you try to power it on, is there any sound of the unit starting, like the fans spinning or the sound of the hard drive spinning up?Do you have another power adapter available that you can try?Have you tried a different electrical outlet?Do you have a direct power connection, or are you using a power bar, or UPS? For now give these a try, and let me know the results and the answers to my questions. Hopefully one of these will resolve the issue, but if not, the answers may help to localize the cause.Using and Testing the AC Power AdapterHP Notebook PCs - Computer does not start (Windows 8)Improving Battery Performance (Windows 8, 7, Vista)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-still-won-t-turn-on-after-hard-reset/td-p/4982739
Relevancy 43.43%

After working fine (well mostly) for the last couple of years, my network has been crashing for the last week or so. While connected to the internet, minding their own business, suddenly all 3 of my computers will lose internet access. I've tried everything, including following the instructions received on the D-Link help line (model DI-624), and I can get the system back up for a while, but inevitably it will crash again almost immediately. The only thing that has worked so far is doing a a hard reset (is that what it's called?) where you stick a paper clip into the reset hole and hold for 20 or so seconds.

Question 1: Does this mean my router must be replaced?

Question 2: Could the problem possibly be an adapter card in one of the clients? Would that cause the whole shebang to crash?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I am so frustrated!

A:D-Link Router Needs Hard Reset

'Could the problem possibly be an adapter card in one of the clients?'

Possibly.

The obvious test is to run only 1, and if it happens, keep alternating one out and another in. If all 3 get the router failure 1 at a time, then the router is toast. If single comp causes the fail, then the comp NIC is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-router-needs-hard-reset.109730/
Relevancy 43.43%

My USB port is disabled in BIOS. How do I hard reset the BIOS with no keyboard access? Thanks in advance.

A:Hard reset BIOS on Stick 300

I have this problem too. I've sent a message to Lenovo to see if they have a procedure. I know that for other devices it is possible to reset using just a power button menu. catzi67: did you manage to solve the issue?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/Hard-reset-BIOS-on-Stick-300/td-p/2267136
Relevancy 43.43%

Somebody can tell how can i make a hard reset to my lenovo flex 2 15" i dont have the one key restore key i need help my laptops always is loading

A:Lenovo flex 2 hard reset!!

You might not have to totally reset your computer. Try these options first 1) Check to see if you have any memory cards, usb flash drives, or disks connected to the computer. ANYTHING. No wireless mouses. No USB headsets. No CDs in the optical drive. NOTHING that is not the power cable should be pluged into or in your pc. 2) Boot up in Safe ModeHold down F8 on your keyboard before you turn the computer on and hold it. You should be able to use the advanced recovery options. More info on this here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17419/windows-7-advanced-startup-options-safe-mode. Uninstall all of your recent programs or ones that should not be there (i.e, you dont remeber downloading it, or its not nessesary for you). 3) Recovery PartitionHolding F11 on start up supposedly gives the option of a recovery partition, yet I've never used it before, or know if it'll fix everything. Might be worth a shot. 4) An actual reset.To answer your origional question, here's all the possible ways at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options Hope this helps!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-flex-2-hard-reset/td-p/3442142
Relevancy 43.43%

My computer used to have the "blue screen." Then my computer completely crashed (when I hit the power button, the light on the desktop blinks a little and shuts off)...It does not turn on the screen either...

I think it might be the hard drive. Is there a way to reset the hard drive without having to turn on? (Is there a button you can push to reset it somewhere? etc.)

Even if it is not the hard drive I would still like to completely reset it...

Thanks for any advice

A:Reset Hard Drive Manually

No. There isn't a reset for the HDD.

If the PC won't even power up properly, there is likely a hardware failure or at a minimum, something inside the PC is not properly connected/installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-hard-drive-manually.1014065/
Relevancy 43.43%

Sometimes after a power failure, the computer wont reboot from the hard disk. Instead we get a statement which says, and I loosely quote: Boot hardware not found. Insert disc and press F1 or press F2 for setup.

Last night the disc wouldnt let it boot up either. I went to F2 and tried to change the boot from the CDROM to the hard disk, the problem was HARD DISK was not in the window as a selection. Finally after doing some things that now I cant remember, I went back to the same window and low and behold Hard disk is now a part of the selection. The computer then booted from the hard disk, and is now operating fine.

Can someone explain to me what I did to get it working so that when this happens again I have the method of repair at hand. Thanks so much.

Mike

A:How To Reset Boot From Hard Disk

You probably clicked on Automatically detect hard drive in the Bios. You should purchase a UPS device to stop your computer corruption from power failures. In time your hardware will be damaged.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81082/how-to-reset-boot-from-hard-disk/
Relevancy 43.43%

New laptop May 2016, with Win 10 x 64  installed.  Ran all upgrades.  Since purchase, every time I restart, shut down etc, it 'resets' all of the personalized settings, especially annoying is the mouse/touch pad.  I have to open settings every single time and select the disable touch pad, and also select the have touchpad icon on task bar.  While I'm in this session, all is fine, but a soon as I shut down/restart it goes back to squre one, starting point ever time.  It's very annoying.  Especially that the icon won't stay on the task bar-I have to go to settings, advanced/more settings...etc.  I've updated everything, I've run 'fixes' have tried everything I can think of.  Thanks much!! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Every-restart-is-basically-a-hard-reset-and-I-m-NOT-doing-a/td-p/5658118
Relevancy 43.43%

The issue started a few weeks ago when it seemed my HDD failed sent it to a shop to be tested and repaired Went through HDDs before the rd actually worked that's the HDD i'm currently using ST DM - CH SCSI Disk Drive It hard reset only locks from and a up responds Pc worked fine up until a few days ago when random screen freezes started to occur mainly when playing online games such as World of Warcraft Each day the game would freeze to the point that the entire system locked up and only a hard reset would work it went from a couple of freezes a day to - a day Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset The HDD itself showed no signs of failing Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset or struggling and all drivers are up to date I then ran Memtest on both Rams then each while in the primary slot a combined total of tests all of which passed Then booted up the PC with Ram at a time and it worked fine my next step was to run HDDScan but for some reason it would not allow me to hit the S M A R T button even though it recognised my HDD I must also say that at times the boot up has been extremely slow to the point I thought it froze it seems hit and miss whether it reaches the desktop screen With both RAM in it struggles to fully boot up too Linked the DXDiag file which gives a run down of everything EDIT Finally on the pc with only Ram installed running HDDScan right now and will post a screenshot of the outcome shortly It's just strange that it's able to boot up with each RAM but when both are installed it struggles thing to add is that I contacted World of Warcraft Tech Support as the crashes happened more frequent when playing the game they stated that my network drives were out of date from and my BIOS drivers from yet when I tried to update both I got a quot not compatible quot pop up that was from the manufacturers website Hope this helps

A:Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset

This is the outcome of my HDDScan, I really can't tell whether there's issues or not. Some help appreciated. I'm really starting to think my PSU may be at fault, Atrix 650t 12v but I'm finding very little on reviews or complaints about the product.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313881-pc-locks-up-only-responds-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My mother has Computer sometimes hard boot reset without won't an HP that runs Windows Vista Premium Home Its about - yrs old Two weeks ago the power went off for a few minutes when it was on Computer won't boot sometimes without hard reset or in sleep mode When she tried to turn it back on she could see the quot cd light quot blink once or twice the fans came on but no power I found the directions to unplug all the cords and hold the power button down to reset it Well it worked I then ran Malwarebytes and it did find one or two things but they were removed Today she called me to tell me the same thing happened But the power never went out She had it on and it must have gone into a sleep mode and Computer won't boot sometimes without hard reset nothing worked to bring it out She had to reset it again Does anyone know what would be causing this to happen I m wondering if its something I could easily fix myself or if we need to bring it to someone to be repaired

A:Computer won't boot sometimes without hard reset

Hello kat91119,Some people have been able to awaken the monitor when the computer is in "sleep" mode by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL (not holding them) and then clicking cancel. You could try going through this troubleshooting guide: How to Troubleshoot a Vista or Windows 7 Sleep Mode Problem.You will note that they recommend updating the display drivers and the system bios, first. I wouldn't worry about the bios at this point but would check the computer manufacturer's web site to see if they have an "updated" display driver. How to determine the dispaly adapter name and version then go to manufacturer's website:First, click "Start" (the globe) and right mouse click on "Computer" and click "Properties."Select "Device Manager" then click on the (+) next to "Display Adapters." Write down the make and model number.Next, right mouse click on the Display Adapter and click "Properties," "Driver" tab, and write down driver date and driver version.Now you can go the computer manufacturer's web site (i.e. Dell, HP, Acer, etc.), look for "Download Drivers and Software" (may have to click on Support, first). Enter either "Tag number" or exact "make and model number." Select the computer operating system (Vista 32 or Vista 64).Look for your exact display adapter, note date and driver version. If newer, download and install.Finally, proceed with the troubleshooting guide.I hope it helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433786/computer-wont-boot-sometimes-without-hard-reset/
Relevancy 43.43%

Stuck on blue restarting screen after update. Tried to perform a hard reset by holding down the power button, was unsussecful.  Also tried power button + mute...that too didnt not work. It doesnt seem to be reponding to anything. Its been "restarting" for 3 hours.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-Hard-reset-wont-work/td-p/5706370