Windows Support Forum

T410 power issue - suggestions needed please!

Q: T410 power issue - suggestions needed please!

Hello - I'll try to be succinct and cover everything I have tried nbsp I have a T i with Win installed along with all issue suggestions needed please! power - T410 the drivers nbsp It has been working fine T410 power issue - suggestions needed please! but I seem to be experiencing a power issue nbsp This first manifested itself as the screen going blank and refusing to come back on nbsp Thinking it was overheating my partner opened it up and cleaned out the fan my partner fixes Lenovos as a field engineer and applied thermal paste to the processor nbsp All seemed well I was working on it plugged in when suddenly it T410 power issue - suggestions needed please! shut down nbsp I tried to restart it but without success so I left it plugged in with the orange light flashing and went off to have supper nbsp When I came back the orange light was still flashing so I decided to leave it to charge overnight Next morning - orange light still flashing and although it would power up there were odd things going on when I looked in Power Manager nbsp It showed the battery as being good for hours although I knew that if I took the AC adapter out it would close down nbsp So I tried a different known good battery - same thing nbsp Then a different PSU - same thing nbsp On the desktop it shows as charging for half a dozen animations then goes static - Power Manager says it's charging but doesn't display the 'time left to fully charge' and isn't actually charging at all nbsp So - here are the things I've changed and tested at each step nbsp The battery nbsp The PSU trying both w and w - power manager recognises them for what they are but no charging actually happens Hard drive with a fresh install of Win Motherboard Processor Palmrest Memory including using just one in each slot Keyboard nbsp Because motherboards one with nvidia graphics and one Intel both exhibit the same behaviour I am now at a complete loss and the only thing left to change that I can think of is the screen so I might do that while I wait for a response nbsp If I appear to have overlooked anything obvious then please let me know - I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out by a process of troubleshooting but I'm beat this time

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-power-issue-suggestions-needed-please/td-p/3358458
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: T410 power issue - suggestions needed please!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, My T410 would not power on, nothing when pressing the button. It will power up if I remove the cmos battery, plug the power in, unplug, re-connect the cmos battery and then plug the power in, and it works fine then...until it's powered off of course and the cycle begins again. I thought it may be a faulty cmos battery so I have changed that to no avail. Next step is to change the keyboard I guess? the power button seems to do nothing...it will not power the laptop off etc. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution before I spend £20 or so on a keyboard off Ebay. Thanks, Terry

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-power-on-issues-strange-one/td-p/3438428
Relevancy 62.78%

Recently my T has been overheating and shuttind down after a few hours of browser usage I believed this was due to a heating problem so I finally got under the keyboard today only to find little to no dust or after shuts seconds power approx. on T410 20 down debris clogging up the heatsink fan Just to be safe T410 shuts down approx. 20 seconds after power on I hit it with the compressed air again After reassembling the laptop now shutdown after a short period of being powered on This shutdown happens regardless of me getting into windows loading or getting into the BIOS setup I think this too may be an overheating problem as I see and hear the fan spinning up harder before the sudden shutdown nbsp nbsp I've tried everything from running with only the AC in only one ram card in holding the power button for seconds prior to actually powering up etc Is there any more troubleshooting I should preform or should I just accept the fact I'm better off handing this to a repair professional nbsp nbsp Side note After reassemble I had screws that didn't fit anywhere on the exterior casing maybe I mistook a screw placement and now it's somehow short circuiting

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-shuts-down-approx-20-seconds-after-power-on/td-p/3376043
Relevancy 61.92%

I have had to reload W7 and cannot find drivers on the driver page for these:? Any help appreciatted!Device manager?

A:T410 driver issue

Welcome to the forum!

Install and run Lenovo System Update, it should take care of the missing drivers: click me!

-

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-driver-issue/td-p/3477243
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,
I am having trouble getting the built-in wireless adapter on this laptop to get connected to the internet. I have installed the following driver:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/migr-73611
but have had no luck. there are no available wireless connections I can connect to.
I have also tried to use USB wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN725N to connect to internet. It is able to find available connections but when it tries to connect it says unable to connect and give options to troubleshoot. Once troubleshoot is complete it says to investigate router or access point issues. I have reset the router many times. Other devices are working fine with the internet just not this laptop.
I am running windows 7 64Bit.
Please help.
Thanks

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 wireless issue

Can you connect the laptop to the router using a cable at all ?

using just the laptop wireless adapter
unlikely to be this as it is reporting NO networks available - but check anyway please
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

can we see an ipconfig /all - see how below
do a tcp/ip reset - see how below
post a screen shot of xirrus please - see how below

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen )​
For Windows 8 & 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-wireless-issue.1154408/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Pentium III 533 20gb, 256mb. I am looking to buy either a cdrw burner or a dvd burner. I do a lot of selection music burning and I also would like to have a means of backing up my data in a more compact way than a floppy. Does anyone have any recommendation for me. Which way you would go. Also I am looking to upgrade my harddrive to a larger one.

I appreciate any help.

MV

A:Suggestions needed

I would go DVD - in UK they are £50-£60 for a good writer - then you have the choice as to what to use - regards supporting specifications of your PC - I'm not sure on the CPU speed - Memory fine - whats the windows version you have.
I used to use a CDwriter on a 233 machine and whenever i wanted to write i would make sure nothing else is running and leave it (as in walk-away) for 20mins to do the write - it worked fine for months

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-needed.276111/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey All I had Avast at time and ran that with Adware and SpyHunter I have windstream as my IP and they were offereing McAfee Security Center program so I thought it would be great bundled up and not as much hassle YEAH RIGHT LOL I havent been all that happy with McAfee due it blocking emails that are legit and when it does I have no way of letting them through at that point I've messed several business and personal emails due to this But if I was to delete it and go ala carte what would be the best thing one's to get for maximum protection I still run Adware but here lately I havent been able to get it to update It says it cant connect so im days out of date Needed Suggestions as of this writing When suggesting security programs Im also interested in some kind if site protection for my kids eyes This in Suggestions Needed McAfee does it sometimes and sometimes not Suggestions Needed And then it blanks out some pics that I know are fine So if you were me what would you install and use

A:Suggestions Needed

Hi SONICMAN2, to Bleeping ComputerI'm also interested in some kind if site protection for my kids eyes.I would recommend K9 Web Protection from BlueCoat (FREE)So if you were me, what would you install and use?If you are looking for free protection:AntiVirus:AntiVir PersonalEdition ClassicFirewall:COMODO Firewall ProAntiSpyware:Keep Ad-Aware Spybot - Search & DestroySpywareBlasterSpywareGuardAlso, if you need help with Ad-Aware, you can visit the Lavasoft Support Forum, or ask me; I am a Moderator for Lavaosft. (*NOTE: I am not a mod for Bleeping Computer, just a HJT Trainee).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115058/suggestions-needed/
Relevancy 52.46%

Do you think that Microsoft should develop a program similar to Apple's Boot Camp but it works for PCs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/suggestions-needed-221091.html
Relevancy 52.46%

It is time to renew Norton. I am running 2005 and the cost to renew is $50
Upgrade to 2008 is $40.....I rounded up a few cents on both.
What I am thinking of is doing neither since the price keeps increasing and the upgrade is cheaper but I don't want to upgrade.

I am thinking Avast or AVG free anti-virus products and just simply do away with (uninstall) the Norton product line.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice...

Relevancy 52.46%

I have client who wants to remotely access and ACT database. Her network is connected via DSL (static IP), Cayman 3320H router/modem. I suggested Remote Desktop, but she travels with the computer that lives on her desk and there is not another to remotely control.

I think she needs a VPN router between the entire network and the DSL modem. Does that sound right?

Any suggestions for inexpensive ones, other than the Linksys?

A:VPN Suggestions Needed

What operating system do you have on the computer that has the Act database? You might not need to purchase anything at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-suggestions-needed.359640/
Relevancy 52.46%

I m at my wit s end trying to figure out what exactly is going on with my computer A virus seems the likely source but I am not entirely sure When opening certain programs I receive the MS message quot Windows can not access the specified device path or file You may not have Help and suggestions needed the appropriate permissions to Help and suggestions needed access the item quot Click to expand I am not trying to open more than one application or shortcut at once and I am the administrator on this PC The last application this happened with was iTunes The program has been installed on my PC for almost a year and I ve always updated it - Though not frequently I went ahead and updated it this last time when prompted and installed with no problem When I tried to open it I received the message listed above This also happened with Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer when I downloaded and tried to install that Most applications work fine there s just a few of them It seems only the ones I have downloaded or updated recently - As not all of the programs files I have downloaded have become infected The strangest thing to me is when I am viewing my programs in Windows Explorer the Program Files folder s text is green Then opening that folder all of the infected programs also have green text for the foldername filename as well That means they re encrypted I ve run about every legitimate that I know of spyware program I could find and they re all coming up empty now They found some stuff before which was removed Ad-aware spybot spysweeper pestpatrol PC-cillin Panda CWShredder RAV online scanner As well as Norton Checked for the SirCam virus and that wasn t it HjackThis logs Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLHOS EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLServiceHost exe C WINDOWS system Notepad exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Leslie Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dl... Read more

Relevancy 52.03%

I have two dilemmas:
Hotspot router w/ QoS and/or Traffic Shaping
I need an ethernet (not DSL) router to use to control a hotspot AP. It must., therefore, have traffic shaping abilities to drastically limit the bandwidth available to each user.

Dual (or triple?) WAN ADSL router
A client has decided to put an Exchange server at the end of a very long, old copper line, meaning he has drastic upspeed problems with his ADSL connection. The constraint is VPN access, so I've suggested a dual or even triple-WAN router which we can route (through DNS entries) 'groups' of VPN users to spread the load. I know they're out there, but does anyone have experience?

I'm a big, big fan of ZyXel kit, btw.

Relevancy 52.03%

Prior to reformatting my PC in Needed?. Suggestions Security May this year I never had problems with either SAS or MBAM The first Security Suggestions Needed?. thing I did after installing my hard drive video and Sound card drivers and while my PC was still offline was to install Comodo CIS but due to getting a corrupt file message on the copy of Comodo CIS I had Security Suggestions Needed?. downloaded to a disk prior to reformat I ended up using the Windows Firewall with Avira instead When I installed SAS and MBAM both to be used as on demand and not installed at start up or working in real time I ran scans with them which came up clean as they had with the Avira AV scan I noticed though that since then when doing my usual twice weekly scans when I open SAS it took a long time to open and when it did it would sometimes hang for a few minutes before finishing updates I would then scan with it and it found just as much as it always did always just tracking cookies With MBAM although it would open up straight away I would often get a pop up saying it had encountered a problem and needed to close I could get it to scan sometimes both full and quick where again it never found anything at all In the end I got tired of the pop ups and uninstalled it and started using A-Squared as a back up to SAS It worked fine found a couple of tracking cookies that SAS didn't and I was happy Since then I have used Comodo CIS and due to update problems with the Comodo AV I now am using Comodo Firewall with Defence and Proactive Security and Avira Antivir I have also scanned my PC with Windows Malicious Removal Tool full scan Windows Security Essentials Beta CWShredder and none of them have ever found anything other than the occasional tracking cookie I am very security conscious and come here all the time to try and keep up with the latest advice In the time I have used the above problems I have reinstalled MBAM at least three different times and always got the same quot needs to close quot pop up It is like something on my PC is conflicting with it and I cannot seem to figure it out My PC is not slower and seems to work just as fast as it ever has It does not act like I am infected but still this thing with the slow start up of SAS and not being able to explain why MBAM won't work leads me to think I may have some sort of bug which I cannot find I also have an intermittent problem with twice now my XP account settings have restored to the default settings as well as my Sounds and Audio device settings Although all my data is still there it seems to all intents like I have a new account My problem question is does anyone have any idea what would cause these things to happen or am I being too particular and these are just every day bugs and glitches that we all experience sooner or later

A:Security Suggestions Needed?.

You might want to ask your question over herehttp://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?act=idx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251734/security-suggestions-needed/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

Where I work we need a need new server. I am not really a expert in hardware so I hope you can give me a little help choosing a fitting server, I will use a template with answers to help you understand what's needed:

1) What is the available budget?
Up to 2500? (3380 USD, 2094 GBP).

2) Which tasks will the server execute?
GPS analyses which is pure heavy computing. The amount of reading and writing to the disc is moderate. Internet traffic is low.

3) There is any preferred brand or there is any that is out of question?
Any reasonable brand.

5) Does the size of the server matters?
Should be a standard rack.

6) There are any specific requirements (interfaces, storage etc)?
- 8 cores (1x8 [preferable] or 2x4)
- 16 G byte memory
- 4 Tera byte disc
- fast CPU

I hope somebody can help me with some suggestions.

A:Buy new server - suggestions needed

I would refer to this good article.

This seems like a pretty good server for your specifications: http://goo.gl/1rIcjH.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buy-new-server-suggestions-needed.196717/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Asus VivoBook S CM-CJ H india INTEL CORE i - U CPU GHz Ram GB Windows Bit OS Touch Laptop WIFI- INTEL CENTRINO WIRELESS-N I have been facing the problem of wifi signal fluctuations since months after showing to Asus Care they formatted and updated my system and drivers and said its not a hardware issue then even the problem persisted and wifi doesn't work at all now and there is a problem with Bluetooth top it never connects to mobile phones After regular pestering and insisting they accepted that it was a wifi Wifi needed. HELP. Issues, SUGGESTIONS card- hardware problem and they suggested for its replacement Then cause of their carelessness the warranty was ended and I couldn't get the replacement done So I preferred to buy a better wifi Bluetooth card of Intel But I am not sure which one to buy cause they may not be compatible with my laptop So please suggest me the Wifi Issues, SUGGESTIONS needed. HELP. best of wifi card of Intel That would be very helpful

A:Wifi Issues, SUGGESTIONS needed. HELP.

Welcome to the forum! The best advice I can offer is search for a half-mini card that also has bluetooth. Make sure it specifically says it works with Asus laptop. I don't know about where you are located but Ebay here has lots of them at very low price and used is just as good as new when it comes to these.

I have an Atheros dual-band card with bluetooth installed on my Acer and it is working great. Be sure any card you think about getting has up-to-date 8.1 drivers, as in the last 6 months or so.

And yes, that N 2230 card seems to have lots of problems with 8/8.1.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/52098-wifi-issues-suggestions-needed-help.html
Relevancy 51.17%

As the title states, I'm currently searching for a low response time (and yes, I know that's not the only important factor) unit. Primary focus will be for gaming....I'm trying to avoid any ghosting at all. DVI input capability is preferred to go with my X800 Pro.

Any suggestions would be most welcome with my thanks in advance.

A:Suggestions Needed For A Good 19" LCD

The monitor we keep getting special deals for here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic24425.html is an incredible monitor. Although it's a 20" widescreen many of the games today are starting to support this mode. Also, it's not the best for gaming, but 12ms at this size is hard to beat. I've seen this monitor in action and it's incredible. The only downside is that you really need to run your games at the monitor's native resolution - which is 1680x1050. Unless you have a beefy video card (which you do for most of today's games) things just won't be as crisp.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-needed-for-a-good-19-lcd.24690/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hoping you guys can help me out with some suggestions I spent all day yesterday updating my backups to move to windows which only consist of a mirrored internal gb set and an external tb of Recovery quickformat..Suggestions needed I wanted the mirror Recovery of quickformat..Suggestions needed to be defragged so i merged everything into my TB external and reformatted the s well everything is going smoothly I install and go to move everything to my Raid when i learned something called storaged spaces exists so said sure lets have a look Here was my Recovery of quickformat..Suggestions needed screwup I went to set up my two s as a mirror and somehow ended up throwing my external tb in the mix and it was too late already hit enter and it im assuming it quick formatted my external backup causing me to lose everything and the partition table I currently have testdrive partition wizard and another program parsing through to see if I can fix this If anyone can reccomend software Id appreciate it I prefer free but will buy in this instance Im assuming and hoping deaely it quick formats when you create a storage pool so my data should be there but if anyone can lend some insight I would appreciate it because as of right now im not getting anything off of it or anything coming up in scans To anyone that comes across this Never break the cardinal rule for keeping a backup at all times Been in tech for years and I told myself everything would be okay its only for a few hours while i install and look where it got me ALWAYS KEEP TWO INSTANCES OF YOUR DATA AT A MINIMUM Thanks in advance guys nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there One of my graphic cards show in my specs went out I believe the other one is possibly on its way too I like to keep my unit for while I would like to hear some suggestions on a best value card that will perform at least a little better then please! on Suggestions needed, card graphic my old SLi I don't need to spend a load to get one just comes out the market for my old rig Please keep in Suggestions on graphic card needed, please! mind that a possible cpu upgrade to such as a Q in the future may be even another card for SLi when it became dirt cheap I appreciate any suggestions and pointers How about a GTX such as Newegg com - ECS Black Series NBGTX - MX-F GeForce GTX MB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Over Clock Version - Desktop Graphics Video Cards Newegg com - EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Core Superclocked Edition MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics Video Cards Hope some one else will jump in and give suggestions How about some one tells me what is different between the two Thanks myself for the suggestion Can I give myself rep points Happy holiday everyone Someone suggested me from other forum the and the that will out perform the with the costs less How about that For anyone who is interested in the result of my inquiry I have just ordered the following for shipped Thanks and have a nice day Radeon HD PCIE GB DDR PORT DVI HDMI

A:Suggestions on graphic card needed, please!

Originally Posted by bruce2

For anyone who is interested in the result of my inquiry, I have just ordered the following for $311 shipped. Thanks and have a nice day.

Radeon HD5850 PCIE 1GB DDR5 2PORT DVI HDMI 1 $298.18

i was just about to say grab a 5850, its a very powerful card ..... two of these in CFX are monsters.

if you can OC it a little you wont be far off the 5870 in terms of performance.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/261928-suggestions-graphic-card-needed-please.html
Relevancy 51.17%

my proceessor and my hard drive are running a little too hot. so it's slowing down my computer. i want to put more cooling devices in but i don't really have room. i have my power supply fan, a back exhaust fan, an intel 478 cpu fan, and a top vent. that sounds like a enough to me but it's still running hot. i would put a fan in the front but my case dosent have a place for it. i've got hard drives slots running all the way down the front. does any body have any suggestion/ideas?? thanks for looking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cooling-suggestions-ideas-needed.233918/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I need some suggestions on a new graphics card. I would like to be able to play & record Standard Definition TV (PAL, Australian) on my computer. But I also know that I need to upgrade my graphics, as atm I am using built-in graphics (think it is 32/64mb ) so I can not play high end games that require a better graphics card.

So my question: Is there a combo of a graphics and TV card, or would I have to get two different things? I have AGP 8x slot available aswell as PCI slots (do not have PCI express). Now I am not looking for something real high quality, I think 128mb would be enough for most games.

All suggestions welcome

Thanks

System Specs:
P4 3.2 (Intel 640)
Gigabyte GA-8S661FXM-775
RAM: 512mb (will probably upgrade to 1GB)
WinXP Pro

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys, want a faily decent/high end gaming pc, willing to spend about £1000.

Mate suggested one for me.. What do you guys think? These are the specs.

- Intel® Core™ i7-2600
- ASUS® P8Z77-V LX
- 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz
- 1.25GB GEFORCE GTX 570
- 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s

Would that run most current games on the market at high settings? ( or medium for really graphic-hungry games )

Please send some suggestions my way. Also need some websites to have a look at for gaming pcs/parts. Thanks!

Relevancy 51.17%

First off im not sure if im under the right topic for my question if im not i apologize ahead of time My question is about a computer quot build quot Im aiming to build a mid high range system for mostly playing Battlefield computer build. needed new for Suggestions and a few other DX games later on Ive read some reviews and guides from this site and have gotten a few of my own ideas To make a long story short ill layout what im thinking and someone correct me if they could as of course i may be missing somthing Suggestions needed for new computer build. or am paying to much than my goal system quot best bang for the buck quot E Oc d Ghz range Gigabyte GA- p-DS x mb corsair pc OR x mb later adding another x for vista OCZ GameXstream w PS Gigabyte Aurora -D case extended length for series Sceptre quot ms GTG WD GB RPM mb buffer XFX GTS MB XXXEdition The Power supply case and monitor are payed for and on its way so i cant really change if i wanted to but as for the rest can anyone give me some feed back on it My goal for now with this system is to run Battlefield max settings with AA AF enabled and still hope to get average - FPS Any feed back will be appreciated and once again sorry if this post is in the wrong place nbsp

A:Suggestions needed for new computer build.

As for "best bang for the buck" you should do well with this system... though I like the Seagate drives for their longer warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-needed-for-new-computer-build.70835/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,
I have just purchased an XPS 15 non-touch laptop.  I’ll be using my laptop as follows:
Connect to external monitor and keyboard using a KVM switch (will be sharing with another laptop).
Connect to LAN using an Ethernet cable.
Connect to an  USB audio interface
Can anyone suggest a docking station and a KVM switch?
Thank you.

A:Docking station for XPS 15 suggestions needed

There are no docking stations for this model -- there are universal port replicators (Belkin, Targus, Kensington, etc.) that should be able to cover most or all of what you want to do.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19665691
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone I've got a Acer Netbook Aspire One with a Atom Intel processor N It has G of Ram and I am about to put in a new g SSD I would like to install windows x to this machine the processor is compatible with x and I have an OEM Windows x disc I was thinking of putting in the new drive and installing win from a USB drive as this netbook has no DVD drive but am not sure if this is possible with what I have I can share a DD drive over my network but without the windows OS I cannot connect to me network I could install the on onto the drive on another computer then swap it into my netbook Any suggestions would be really great Right now the netbook is running Starter bit If I installed a new OS I would also need to get drivers specific for the MoBo needed. from on 7 netbook DVD suggestions Installling x64 Not sure where I would get these Thanks for your help -S

A:Installling 7 x64 on netbook from DVD suggestions needed.

Starter is only available in 32 bit. Before installing another version of Win7 on the netbook I would save a Win7 backup image and make any Recovery disks.

It's not certain that 64 bit Win7 will run smoothly on an Atom processor or that rig. I would first run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/243249-installling-7-x64-netbook-dvd-suggestions-needed.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm brand new here and not a techie also please bare with me but I am desperate for suggestions About everything needed - suggestions appears "hacked" to be a month ago my iPhone appeared to be hacked I know apple supporters- not possible I'm not saying it was I'm saying it appeared that way Camera snd facetime randomly turned on passwords were changed texts wrre answeted by numbers I didnt know numbers were messed with etc Strange withdraws made from my bank acct good times all everything appears to be "hacked" - suggestions needed around Then my computer was nailed and everyone yelled icloud hack apple ID was stolen I'd buy that except the computer manufacturer swore tge laptop was infected with viruses while my internet provider claimed it was clean I changed all providers which cost because I broke contracts and bought all new equipment yes brand new nexus and kindle were sent to recycling out of frustration new online accounts were opened and I still have problens with the new technology I have never had a problem with technology or equipment before and I like it so it's not like it's my first day on social media and using email Any suggestions I have spent so much money trying to rectify this and I'm getting nowhere

A:everything appears to be "hacked" - suggestions needed

Greetings coleface and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. The only thing I can help you with in this forum is your computer. If you believe your computer is infected please describe the symptoms and run the following program for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) in Normal or Safe Mode--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktopIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. SymptomsFRST logAddition log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497753/everything-appears-to-be-hacked-suggestions-needed/
Relevancy 51.17%

Well I hooked up the cables and can access part of my data from my crashed hard drive Some seems to be hidden For some reason my documents folder is hidden from me Checking the amount of data indicates that its there I have a gig harddrive and gigs are used These can only be my photos in the doc folder So any Recovery Needed Data Suggestions suggestions would be helpful Also Can I transfer everything from my crashed drive to a backup storage Data Recovery Suggestions Needed device and go ahead and format and Data Recovery Suggestions Needed reinstall everything on the original hard drive Data Recovery Suggestions Needed That way I can give my wifes computer back and pick through the backup with my harddrive re-installed I would also feel safer with things back together than having my hard drive just laying out As I said before this is a dell inspiron with XP sp that I crashed It had been unstable for months but stupid me did not back up for months and I have lots of photos and doc Thanks in advance mindnova

A:Data Recovery Suggestions Needed

Often, when a bootable hard drive is moved from one system to another, users cannot access a group of folders (Docs/Settings, My Computer, etc.).This calls for a procedure known as "taking ownership" of the files. It's pretty routine, How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421 <<Also Can I transfer everything from my crashed drive to a backup storage device and go ahead and format and reinstall everything on the original hard drive.>>I guess that I don't understand what you are asking. After you get all your desired data files off the troubled drive...you can do whatever you want with it.I would suggest that you do two things before even thinking about using it again: a. Run a manufacturer's diagnostic on it to ensure that it has no inherent, current problems...before attempting to reinstall XP on it. b. Use the XP CD to delete the existing partitions on it...then create a new partition/format/install XP...if that's your ultimate goal.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156948/data-recovery-suggestions-needed/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have a GB Maxtor external HD which has just died on me I was using it fine and then suddenly I get the message quot Files or folders are - needed Recovery methods suggestions Data corrupt or unreadable quot and now I can t get into the drive It has all my work for the last years on it and a lot of it has backups in other places a lot of it doesn t I have so far done the following put it in the fridge put it in the freezer - all to no avail I have tried opening it by installing Linux Mint but that Data Recovery methods - suggestions needed doesn t see it Windows sees it but cannot open it I have got a friend down with some data recovery software called Winter something - can t remember the whole name Data Recovery methods - suggestions needed but that says the drive cannot be mounted I am going to try Spinrite because my brother has a copy but beginning to lose hope I was thinking of breaking open the box and connecting the drive direct to a PC but it seems that if the USB was the problem Windows wouldn t see anything at all and it does see it - just can t open it So if you have a suggestion recommendation I would be glad to hear it Best Peter nbsp

A:Data Recovery methods - suggestions needed

Hi Fuzexi

This should help with some suggestions for software and guide you through the recovery:

http://www.datarecoveryadvice.org/

If the files are corrupt then it seems more like a logical problem. Did you run a chkdsk on the drive? If the drive hangs then be careful your drive could be developing bad sectors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-methods-suggestions-needed.725737/
Relevancy 50.74%

This isn't for me, but a friend. He lives in England and wants to upgrade from his current 939 system. He wants the E8400 Wolfdale (and nothing else will do; I tried ) and asks for suggestions for a motherboard.

I am woefully void of knowledge on what motherboards would work with this 45nm processor. Here are a few his parameters:

1. He doesn't/won't overclock.

2. He doesn't want SLi or Crossfire.

3. He needs something rock stable; no need for all the extras or the tweaking. Stock will do him fine.

He is significantly limited in PC knowledge and that is why stable and steady is very important.

Thanks.

A:E8400 Wolfdale motherboard Suggestions Needed

This is a US supplier, and this is just 1 example:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=2847&ProductName=GA-EP43-DS3L

All you have to do is pick a good motherboard manufacturer, select an Intel LGA775 socket motherboard and look at the recommended CPU list...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/e8400-wolfdale-motherboard-suggestions-needed.112354/
Relevancy 50.74%

At present I am using Robo-Form (to fill forms) and STOPzilla (for pop-ups). I noticed after I installed them, they are not totally free. I guess I have like 15 days free trial.

Can any of you suggest alternatives that work great and are free?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop-up-and-form-fill-freeware-suggestions-needed.285436/
Relevancy 50.31%

Just looking for some suggestions to beef up the security of my current setup After years of relying on traditional suites and A V products I m trying the build your own layered solution with the goal - + Site Win Advisor ___? Suggestions + Patrol Win + Defender needed of keeping memory use at or below what I d use with a suite Here s what I have now On-access real time Win Defender for Win HIPS system monitor Win Patrol Free Browser safety URL checker McAfee Web Advisor On-demand scanners x week or more Malwarebytes Free Suggestions needed - Win Defender + Win Patrol + Site Advisor + ___? HerdProtect DNS OpenDNS Windows Firewall - default settings This uses about MB of memory at idle Win Defender WinPatrol WebAdvisor I was thinking back to PC Tools ThreatFire which is no longer available but wondering if something like that would add any benefit if such a thing exists now Any other suggestions I m not particularly worried about a fancy firewall because I almost always use this system at home behind a U-verse router firewall THANKS Dave nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/suggestions-needed-win-defender-win-patrol-site-advisor-___.57042/
Relevancy 50.31%

Guys I'm playing Crysis Warhead at 1440X900 reso with all settings at Enthusiast except Shaders(which is at Gamers),with 4X AA.Until now the was runnung smoothly.However at the start of Frozen Paradise level(which is after you kill the first big exoskeleton blocking the entrance to the tunnel),my crashed twice.

I had played the original Crysis without any crashes.

My qs is:has it happened to other gamers?Is the level really buggy?I can lower the settings but dont wanna do that.

Bit worried.

Please respond.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frozen-paradise-in-cw-level-crashing-suggestions-needed.843950/
Relevancy 49.88%

Alright, I have built my own computer from the ground up, and have even upgraded it to the point of finally needing a new power supply.

The case I own is a Large Case - Antic Sonata II Tower.

The current power supply I have is a 450 Watt that came with the tower, however i'm looking to upgrade to a minimum of 750 Watts.

My prefered website to shop at for parts is Newegg.com

I would apreciate any tips and suggestions as to what brand I should look at.
On a side note; i'm willing to go as high as a 850 Watt power supply.

A:Suggestions for a new Power Supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341011 or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139009

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-for-a-new-power-supply.801158/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone
I've spent allot of time searching for the right power supply, and I just wanted to post a thread here in case any of you wanted to share.
Ideal PSU: 700-750 Watt Moduler 80-Plus Gold/Platinum reliable, silent and efficient power supply for my computer (Check my spec's!). If not, somewhere around that area.
Another thing I wanted to ask, is the XFX ProSeries going to be branching out to 700-750W soon? Apart from it's great performance, I'm interested in the Hybrid Fan feature.
Looking forward to the suggestions!

A:Power Supply Suggestions

Check out Seasonic. They design and manufacturer their own and supply PSU for other big vendors. Can't get any better.

Welcome to Seasonic USA

Check this site for who makes what.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...urer,2913.html

Looks like Seasonic makes XFX power supplies.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/218899-power-supply-suggestions.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey all,
Well I successfully built the system that you guys helped me with:

Asus A7N8X-X
1 gig corsair ram
Amd athlon xp3200+
Raidon 128mb 9600 video card

anyway, the case I bought came with a ps (it was the x-dreamer case) and yet I dont think its very good. According to the asus probe, my +12 and +5 are fluxuating alot. Is this bad? Should I replce the PS? How hard is this to do and what do you recommend as a good/powerful/quiet/not too expensive power supply? Thanks all

Relevancy 49.45%

I've (finally) decided to upgrade my graphics card, and would like external opinions on which options are best. I would prefer to spend within a $240 budget, which would have to suffice for the costs of both a graphics card and power supply, as my current PSU is a stock model with a measly 300W output. I would greatly appreciate any ideas, suggestions, or insight. Thanks in advance.

*Also, I don't make online purchases, so retailer available items would be helpful.

A:Suggestions for New GFX Card and Power Supply

Here is the new CX500 model, the CX500M. It is semi-modular and an all around great PSU.

As for a video card.....what are your expectations? After that PSU, that leaves $160-170 left for a graphics card. Is the $240 firm, or can you add a few more dollars to it?

I just saw the part about not buying online........I have no idea what is local to you, but expect to pay a little more for it, or stay within the $240 budget and get less for your money.

Just to add: If you DO decide to do some online shopping, NCIX is the place to do it since you are in Canada.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/272782-suggestions-new-gfx-card-power-supply.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I found one here thats decent for 150.
http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/204/p/1/pt/32/product.asp

Im looking for one that will allow my PC basically to stay up through a power failure,
which usually only lasts a minute.

I have a 400w psu, any suggestions that are small and easy?
Im not looking for a large item, hopefully in the 100 range or less.

I love in Florida and during storms it sucks sometimes.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello So I have been using my HP Pavilion g laptop for around a year now and so far it has been smooth sailing However around a day or two ago my computer suddenly became unbearably slow on normal mode I would try to open google chrome and it would freeze up my computer and even opening the start menu took an incredible amount of time This was a sudden onset of slowness and I cannot remember if I installed any updates that may 7 incredibly Home needed. Windows suddenly 64bit slow, suggestions have caused this Using even safe mode opening the uninstall part of control panel would take ages Windows 7 Home 64bit suddenly incredibly slow, suggestions needed. I Windows 7 Home 64bit suddenly incredibly slow, suggestions needed. have tried many things to fix this Used SFC scannow Windows 7 Home 64bit suddenly incredibly slow, suggestions needed. caused a crash Used disk check on safe mode says that I need to defrag of the disk However It also says there is a SMART check failure I am quite confused about this because when I looked again it said that the smart status was quot good quot HP support center Deleted temporary files Checked task manager to see if there was any processes that were taking up too much memory it looks good normally However on normal mode whenever I would open chrome the CPU would spike to Specs are AMD A - M APU with Radeon graphics gigs of RAM Thanks

A:Windows 7 Home 64bit suddenly incredibly slow, suggestions needed.

Please fill in you specs completely. ((My System Specs)) This helps us help you.
Their is a virus called SMART check.
I would recommend checking and make sure your computer is clean first.
What anti virus and firewall are you using?
I would start here.
Windows Defender Offline

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/240677-windows-7-home-64bit-suddenly-incredibly-slow-suggestions-needed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Just looking for some suggestions to beef up the security of my current setup After years of relying on traditional suites and A V products I m trying the build your own layered solution with the + - - Config + Advisor Win Site ___? needed Patrol + Shootfire Win Suggestions Defender goal of keeping memory use at or below what I d use with a suite Here s what I have now On-access real time Win Defender for Win HIPS system monitor Win Patrol Free Browser safety URL checker McAfee Web Advisor On-demand scanners x week or more Malwarebytes Free HerdProtect DNS OpenDNS Windows Firewall - default settings This uses about MB of memory at idle Win Defender WinPatrol WebAdvisor I was thinking back to PC Tools ThreatFire which is no longer available but wondering if something like that would add any benefit if such a thing exists now Any other suggestions I m not particularly worried about a fancy firewall because I almost always use this system at home behind a U-verse router Shootfire Config - Suggestions needed - Win Defender + Win Patrol + Site Advisor + ___? firewall THANKS Dave nbsp

A:Shootfire Config - Suggestions needed - Win Defender + Win Patrol + Site Advisor + ___?

I'd suggest freeware anti-executable: NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro.

http://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/EXERadar_Pro_x86_x64_v3.1_15052015_BUILD1.exe

This security soft will allow you to control what executes on your system + you can define additional vulnerable processes.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/shootfire-config-suggestions-needed-win-defender-win-patrol-site-advisor-___.57042/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I would like to know what Graphics card I can get to cheap to play games like Diablo 3. Not even on high but just enough to play it without any lag. Basically I want the cheapest solution possible.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5887 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942353 MB, Free - 849229 MB; D: Total - 11412 MB, Free - 1394 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: None

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...72041&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5098956#N353.

If you look in the link my power supply is 250w only so try to keep it within that range.

A:Suggestions On Graphics Card/Power Supply

Go here, then click the "Download Program" button and allow the HardwareProfiler.exe file to run.

Once the scan and analysis is finished, a new window will appear.

Click the "Power Analysis" button. It'll show you the minimum power supply rating, based on your current hardware.

When you consider the additional load of a more powerful graphics card and hard-core gaming, you'll see that the current 250 watt power supply won't do it.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-on-graphics-card-power-supply.1053942/
Relevancy 49.02%

So I have been having some pc problems and I can t really pinpoint the source Last week my pc broke down It would t turn on When I tried this message appeared quot Reboot and select proper boot device quot I thought to myself it s probably the hard drive I took to a local store that I always go to get my pc fixed They run the tests and told me it was really the hard drive So I bought a problems. Possible supply, Hardware need suggestions power new one PC works fine for days then problems start to show up again Whenever a I try to run some high end games like Fallout or Witcher problems start to appear I play the game fine no fps drop or anything then outta of nowhere trees or whatever it is on the eviroment stops loading and the game freezes for awhile then it comes back later I can tell the game will freeze normally because the background music in the game stops However I did not Hardware problems. Possible power supply, need suggestions have any problems playing some other not demanding pc games like LoL or using the internet Problems seem to start to show up after I play those high end games I don t know if the problem is on the new HD that I bought maybe my i the motherboard or just some cables I cleaned my machine and unplugged the cables to see if it could get any better but it didin t Specs Windows x Gtx I TB HD RAM Any help would be appreciated sorry for the long post nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Yes, T4Y is having a slight issue and I would like to share the problem with you guys and get some feedback.

My computer has been acting weird since it crashed on me. When it did crash, it would be stuck in a loop in resetting itself. I had to go into safe mode with network to get it to work. Now my computer has some kind of lag when opening up Firefox and with iTunes open too for example. Also it has been going on with other programs too. I noticed that the CPU was getting abnormally high in usage. I did the normal things like check for spyware / viruses etc and clean as a whistle. Can this be a hardware issue?

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a small issue that has reoccured. I didn't resolve it last time. Had no need to do remote control then.

On a D-Link DI-604 router, 2 computers.
Computer A can ping Computer B.
Computer B cannot ping Computer A.
No firewalls, including XPs (SP1a only) are on.
Computer A cannot connect to Computer B, either by IE to get shared, or by GenControl (remote control)
I have account on both machines, same name, both with administrative privileges.
IP addresses, subnet mask, and gateway are correct. The workgroup is correct also. Router is handing out all information.

The only reason I'm doing something about it now is that I need to share the printer (on Computer A) and obviously need to have communication with the machine. The machines are in the same room.

Any other ideas to check?

Relevancy 48.59%

I have been looking for a decent adapter to use with my HP Pavillion ZV5340 that I just got for Christmas. We are heading to california next week and I'm looking for an adapter to use on the airplane (I'm not sure what type of plane it is, a jet is about it). I had read reviews for the N-Charge power supply, and that looks like it's a total fraud. So, I'm wondering what companies make decent, reliable power adapters for planes.....suggestions anyone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-good-suggestions-for-a-portable-laptop-power-adapter.21598/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello folks.

I have a high pitched noise coming from my power supply. It happened recently, and it's been lightning around here to boot. It's on a surge protector, but obviously we know that doesn't mean it can't still be hit.

Anyways, I can hear it fine but my dad can't. Before the tumor jokes start, my little sister can hear it as well, so evidently we both have tumors. I ended up unplugging everything from the power supply, including the motherboard, and turned the power supply on and off, and the noise only started when the power supply was turned on.

It still works, but it annoys the heck out of me. Obviously I want to replace it but I'm not sure if I can get an RMA. Is there any risk running it like this?

Relevancy 47.73%

24x7 - Low Power Consumption ? Internet Download Machine

I want to build a System that has LOW POWER Consumption.

Use:

Mostly Downloading Stuffs , Might Host Own Cloud too , Email Clients , IRC Clients , Other Internet Connected Apps

I was thinking of a Kabini System

Athlon 5350 (25 W TDP) & Some AM1 Mother Board

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopAPUDetail.aspx?id=105

Again I was thinking about the Intel G3258 Anniversary edition processor (But it has Much Larger TDP)

It should be A Windows 7 Machine . Not Linux or other what nots !

But I am Here for some Advice. I already told you my requirements.

Advise me - What should I do ?
I only want to buy

Processor + Motherboard + RAM

&

SMPS (PSU) + HDD

I have the rest

A:Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Hmm; Why is power consumption a hi priority issue - - are you running off a solar powered system or portable generator?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-24x7-low-power-consumption-internet-connected-pc.205627/
Relevancy 46.87%

Platform:
Web Browsers: Opera/Firefox/Chrome/IE
Torrent App: uTorrent
Router: D-Link DSL-2740B

I notice that my router purchased under 2 months ago (D-Link DSL-2740B + 3 Years Warranty) is playing up when i have torrents (usually 5+ at once) downloading. Torrents download doesn't seem to be affected but its my web browsing that gets dropped every few minutes. Accessing the router configurations (192.168.1.1) is dropped as well. I find it weird though that torrents still seem to download uninterruptedly. Once i quit utorrent the browsing is back to normal.

So i'm wondering if anyone has any suggestion on a fix for this?

A:Suggestions on propable cause/fix - Router Torrents Issue

As per the forum rules we do not assist with torrents or torrenting issues. Therefore I'm closing this thread.

Forum rules: http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-on-propable-cause-fix-router-torrents-issue.1107135/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello All I RAID Install upon XP Power nVidia Issue Failure Installation - power have a HP DV US Pavillion DV with Vista Home Premium on it and I am trying to go to XP Dual booting is too much of a ruckus and I do not like it anyways so I bought a Scorpio to install it on When I installed the Scorpio it initially XP Installation nVidia RAID power Issue - Power Failure upon Install would not detect the drive so I disabled SATA Auto in the BIOS and it then recognized it So I start to install XP formatted fine copied sys files fine but when I got to the actual GUI install it asked me if I wanted to install a driver for my battery which could possibly disrupt installation so I choose yes and anyways and it proceeded fine for about a minute then power failure Tried again and again and same thing I put my Vista HDD back in a Seagate GB and things worked fine XP Installation nVidia RAID power Issue - Power Failure upon Install I have read something about having to manually load the drivers for the nVidia XP Installation nVidia RAID power Issue - Power Failure upon Install RAID chipset as the ones XP Install loads do not suffice I could not find any problems about the battery so please ANY help would be greatly appreciated Thanks a lot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-installation-nvidia-raid-power-issue-power-failure-upon-install.697520/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Guys,

I'm currently suffering from a random power shutdown issue. The PC boots up correctly and is totally useable and in working order.

However after different varied amounts of time. 20mins - 5 hours on occasion. The PC will just randomly power down as if the power cable has been removed.

I am getting the following error within Event Viewer 'Event 41, Kernel-Power' - "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

I have checked all power settings and have currently set to High Performance Mode, with Hard disks 'Never' to turn off etc.

After suggestions and help as to what may be causing this issue.

Thanks in advance,

A:Random Power Down Issue - 'Event 41, Kernel-Power'

If this were a desktop machine my first question would be "How old is your power supply?"
If this is the Compaq laptop shown in your specs, I am wondering if the connection to your battery is not as good as it should be. I'd double-check the contacts or connections. There may be a loose or broken wire, or even a failing connection inside the battery itself if it's old.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316878-random-power-down-issue-event-41-kernel-power.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi there power with Satellite A75 Toshiba AC issue boot/power I have a toshiba A laptop that does not boot when on ac power without a battery beyond bios It shows Toshiba Satellite A75 boot/power issue with AC power the splash screen but then dies on normal boot When I have the battery in and the unit is powered off It does charge the battery When the battery is fully charged it will run and boot into windows but does not recognize the ac power at all It just drains the battery then when the battery is at it shuts off and this is while connected to AC power and the LED see s the AC power When on AC power I can boot into bios and it will sit there for days without a battery but when I try to get to the OS it just shuts down I have replaced the mobo twice I have replaced the hard drive as well The odd part is that with the hard drive out of the laptop I can get the laptop to run with out Toshiba Satellite A75 boot/power issue with AC power any power failures It just recycles the media device failure message but does not crash I have tested the power supply on other laptops and it seems to work just fine Any one have any ideas nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A75 boot/power issue with AC power

Since you have replaced the system board twice, this probably does not apply to you... but we have seen a number of Toshibas with the same or similar motherboard where the power jack on the board became loose or disconnected. A new jack had to be obtained and soldered back into position.
If you bought used boards or refurbished boards, this difficult jack problem could have been the cause. It requires a special cold solder technique and is awkward to access, but when done properly by an experienced tech, it can save a laptop.
There are several Dell Inspirons and Sony laptops with the similar problem.
We have seen costs in a shop as high as $160 for this repair... but the part is only $6.00 so I don't know how they justify the high cost.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a75-boot-power-issue-with-ac-power.129526/
Relevancy 46.44%

I've got a computer that's turned off. I press the power switch, and nothing happens. Now, I unplug the network cable and the computer turns on.

Why does having a network cable connected prevent the computer's power switch from functioning? And why does unplugging the network cable cause it to power up?

The computer has worked fine for a year, but was recently moved to the other side of the room, and a new switch replaced the old network hub at the same time.

A:Power Up Issue: LAN Cable Disables Power Switch?

I swapped network cables and the problem still persists.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-up-issue-lan-cable-disables-power-switch.574517/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Again All - For reference here I would ask that you please look at my post yesterday the th at pm Create New Power Yesterday's Issue Power Problems which has a sad smiley in front of Yesterday's Power Problems Create New Power Issue the title I finally got my computer in order and it did not turn on and off repeatedly while attemptng to load thanks to all the helpful advice Yesterday's Power Problems Create New Power Issue posted However I am in the habit of setting it at night to go to either stand by or hibernate Last night I learned that I no longer had those options available so I turned the system off Probably or times during the night I faintly heard Bono and U singing away yes I m delusional Actually it was my screensaver and apparently my computer was turning itself on After the obligatory mins the screensaver would come on The system must have shut down and the whole processes started again repeatedly throughout the night This is too bizarre I turned off the computer with the Start button and the button on the machine I guess I have to crawl under the desk and unplug the thing but I shouldn t have to Can anyone think of what is going on here Dawn nbsp

A:Yesterday's Power Problems Create New Power Issue

If you change the power settings in the BIOS, the machine won't come back on when power is lost and restored, which is the setting I always use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yesterdays-power-problems-create-new-power-issue.524795/
Relevancy 45.58%

So since recently my laptop shuts off randomly. The battery is also getting old and with battery, my laptop runs only for about an hour. Sometimes it runs just fine, and other times it shuts off suddenly, usually when I turn it back on right away, it shuts off again while booting. And also, since that started to happen, my games run with extreme lag.
I hope/think its just a power issue that makes it suddenly turn off. The reason I think this is the problem is because there is a Mic, webcam, hdmi screen, speakers and sometimes Phones, connected to it, only the screen and speakers are self powered.
Before i buy new battry and adapter, first I want to make sure what you guys think it might be?what to do to find out more?

Alienware M17XR4

A:alienware Power issue, power issue or something else?

Does it do it if it's on charge? It could be over heating

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129392-alienware-power-issue-power-issue-something-else.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am at my absolute wits end with this I have built many computers but never run into anything so persistent or destructive to my sanity Almost exactly year ago Extremely issue/shutdown issue. power persistant I built a computer here is the original configuration - year old case exact name manufacturer unknown is gone now Apevia ATX-AS W power supply w - carried over Extremely persistant power issue/shutdown issue. from old build Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD motherboard AMD FX- Black Edition Vishera -Core GHz G SKILL Ares F - C D- GAB x gb ddr GIGABYTE GeForce GTX GB WINDFORCE gfx card WD D AALS- L B gb standard HDD - also carried over from old build Running windows ultimate bit Computer is built runs fine no issues for if I recall at least the first few months One day it shuts down Extremely persistant power issue/shutdown issue. randomly No power down no BSOD no power surge no extreme load no extreme heat no freeze screen artifacts nothing that would give a clue it simply instantaneously almost faster than pulling the plug ceases to be on I search for error logs check wiring check PSU seating of cards etc install CPUID HWMonitor to watch heat etc Issue does not repeat itself for days then happens randomly again Over the course Extremely persistant power issue/shutdown issue. of a couple of months it recurs constantly but never for a quot reason quot there s no power issues no loose wires not based on heat not based on load not based on specific software or anything I can find So assuming it s a PSU issue I replace the PSU it now has a Corsair GS w power supply Issue does not recur for a while seems fixed Few weeks later happens again Sometimes it happens once in a week sometimes it happens times in a night and is barely functional at best Of note it often would require shutting off the PSU switch or unplugging it before it could be rebooted assuming I needed to discharge capacitors Another note is that it would sometimes require to repeat this process many times before it would power on repeatedly it on pressing power button it would power on for lt second before instantly shutting off Additional testing is done memtest is ran for hours on each stick of ram individually They do not fail at all Graphics card is swapped for a much older but still compatible ATI Radeon Thing sounds like a wind tunnel and is like years old but it works Failure continues to happen occasionally Motherboard is RMA d - unable to find a reason for failure that makes any sense at this point I RMA the motherboard It takes Gigabyte a rather long time weeks if I recall to process and send back but they do so in the end sending me the exact same motherboard with no information I call them and find out that they had sent it back saying quot no failure quot The hard drive is replaced with a gb Sandisk SDSSDHII- G-G SSD Windows is reinstalled for probably the th time After having a brand new issue with PCI-e power save setting messing with my hard drive - which gets solved the old roblem persists This has been going on now for nearly a year though occasionally I ll have several weeks of daily use without failure One day while pulling my hair out and wondering what gods I have offended to deserve this I notice that just barely touching the motherboard power connector is enough to trigger the failure Eureka I ve found it I m not going through that RMA again so I decide I m going to buy a new motherboard I get a GIGABYTE GA- FXA-UD R as a replacement Having noticed high but not within auto-shutoff range heat I also get a new CPU cooler - a cooler master Hyper EVO and my ratty old case is replaced by a Corsair CC- -WW I thought maybe faulty wiring or something New components arrived last week were assembled together Monday morning - with a surprisingly similar motherboard and the installation of some new drivers for it I am able to avoid having to re-install windows Computer works great now temps are down a solid degrees with better airflow better wiring and a better cpu... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-persistant-power-issue-shutdown-issue.1166342/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey, i'm building a computer but i haven't realized that the power supply i need is an atx 2.0. What power supply should i get??

I was orignally looking at the Ultra X-connect but it doesn't support atx 2.0 Damn.

Relevancy 43.86%

The ads I see on Amazon etc say that there is more than one fan type for a T and be sure to get the one that fits your machine nbsp How to make the match nbsp My T is a Type - U according to a sticker on its bottom nbsp At https support lenovo com us en documents migr- I find a table that maps these computer types to model numbers of parts including fan assemblies nbsp It lists Fan assembly integrated M and M as suitable for type - x but by omission it implies that Fan assembly discrete M and T410? fit What replacement fan will my M are not suitable to type - x nbsp I assume that in that type code x is a variable so - U is a member of that type nbsp Ah nbsp I just learned at nbsp https support lenovo com us en What replacement fan will fit my T410? documents migr- that the two different fan assemblies are for integrated graphics and discrete graphics models respectively - their heat sink components are quite different nbsp Ah again nbsp From pix on Amazon I infer that the two integrated assemblies have slightly different heat sinks but both are for integrated graphics nbsp The M is shown here nbsp https www amazon com Genuine-IBM-Thinkpad-Cooling-Heatsink dp B MTWDB E and the M is here https www amazon com IBM-Original-Thinkpad- M -Assembly dp B QWCTLG nbsp From this I want to conclude that if I get a model M or M I'm cool nbsp Is that right nbsp Also it's possible and much cheaper to buy a fan without buying the heat sink assembly as well nbsp Anybody know which fan models fit into the Fan assembly integrated nbsp Thanks in advance Ken

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/What-replacement-fan-will-fit-my-T410/td-p/3485013
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all I T410 bios mod bug have flashed a WL-free BIOS from Serg to my T -DA I had the latest factory BIOS before Flash was successful i disabled the TPM because the beeps at startup Then i realized that i cannot read CPU speed from the OS Ubuntu and the battery isn't charging I can see on the indicator when it is T410 mod bios bug inserted or not but no charging T410 mod bios bug I installed TLP started a calibration but it only discharged the battery and charging is not working Or if it is working BIOS does not see what charging circuit is doing EC ROM is in addition I tried to flash factory BIOS but it cannot be done with battery I'm afraid to flash FL and FL as i have two FL files extracted from factory flash Have someone seen a bug like this before Can someone tell me how to flash FL and two FL 's and PAT files with Winphlash Or force the boot CD image to update I ned to revert the factory BIOS to check that the charging circuit is OK nbsp Thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-mod-bios-bug/td-p/3333150
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,  We have HP Zero Clients (T410) and are connection to an Windows 2012 server.When i look in the admin guide it saysthat USB redirection to windows 2012 and Windows 8 is supported.  I have enable USB redirection in the zero client. But when i connect an USB device to the zeroclient is isnt viable in my RDP7 connection to the server. Do i have to edit some policys on the server or do i need software ?  Kind regards,   Hans Vos

A:T410 - USB redirection

Im having a simaller problem with my Windows server 2008, using the T410 as well. I can get thumb drives to redirect, but i cant get SD card readers. Have you found a solution to this problem yet?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T410-USB-redirection/td-p/5081714
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm going to upgrade (read: replace) my ancient machine soon.

I've come across a really good (i.e., very cheap!) deal for a Sempron 64 3000+, motherboard, 512 Ram & X1300 Pro video. Yeah I know, not exactly cutting edge! But it'll do fine with the workload it's given.

Anyway, I need a case for it, of course. What sort of power would this very basic machine need (with a DVD burner and two hard drives).. 400, 450 or 500w? Or less, even?
oh, there's a supplementary question too - can you boot 'new' machines like the one listed from a 200gb ATA drive? at the moment I can't; I'm booting from the smaller HDD. It'd be nice to be able to, though.
TIA.

A:How much power needed?

Here's a good site to work out what you need, dont skimp on the quality
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp

The hardware you posted will handle a 200g drive but you will need windows XP SP2 to support over 137g

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-much-power-needed.475309/
Relevancy 43.86%

I got a Athlon Phenom 2.8 GHz Triple Black Edition running a 30 GB OCZ Vertex SSD and 1 TB Western Digital Caviar Black HD. Is 650W enough for this set-up? I was specifically looking at getting this power supply:

Antec Earthwatts 650W Power Supply ATX12V V2.2 EPS12V Active PFC 80PLUS 120MM Fan

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=30037&vpn=EA650&manufacture=Antec

Relevancy 43.43%

At the end of the day when I close my laptop, the display will turn off but sometimes the system won't go into sleep mode. I then have to open the lid again and completely shut down the system. Is there an easy way to fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/System-won-t-sleep-on-T410/td-p/3345906
Relevancy 43.43%

Without any indication of slow computer etc.. suddenly a very short blue screen then unable to boot from any device.

I had changed to a new SSD just 8 months back.

I need help with this otherwise nice Laptop.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624367/my-t410-with-ssd-is-not-booting-from-any-device/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys, Trying to get Bitlocker working on a t410. The bios is enabled for TPM and the drivers are installed. When trying to enable Bitlocker i'm getting a message saying: A TPM module must be present on this computer but a TPM module was not found. Any ideas? Thanks,Mike

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Bitlocker-issues/td-p/3465935
Relevancy 43.43%

On T410 upgraded Windows 10 32bit op sys to 64 bit and Epson projector no longer works.   Worked flawlessly and effortlessly prior to upgrade to 64 bit.  Help? thankshal mann

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Windows-10-64-bit-projector/td-p/3464149
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello Iam new here my wifi card broke and I want to replace it!.Original card is Intel centrino advanced - n - 6200 FRU 60Y2331.Can I replace whit this one T410s wifi card Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300. And what equalizer would you recommend to make sound better. Thank you!All The Best,Janar

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-WIFI-card/td-p/3382868
Relevancy 43.43%

I did a hardware scan on my computer and it showed me a hardware problem with the memory. The computer have been working fine for many years now. The only thing I did not so long after I got it was to upgrade to 8 GB of memory and an SSD disk. So it have been working great for many years.No it's started turning it self of sometimes while I use it. The scan showed result code: WMEBVVBTH-WL8BRF Also see the log attached. Is the memory starting to go bad or is it the Windows? The computer is upgraded to Windows 10 a few months back.

Report.jpg ?48 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-with-a-memory-problem/td-p/3363533
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been getting regularly occurring BSODs with various errors. Looking for help please.
The dump output from BSOD program and performance monitor data are attached.

The system is:
Laptop
Lenovo T410
Current OS is Windows 7 and is the one that came with the system.
System is 3 or 4 years old.

The BSODs seem to occur during heavy browser usage. Having multiple tabs opened and switching back and forth between tabs, the browser, and desktop apps. But almost always (if not always), when I am in a browser window.

Thanks,

Paul T.

A:BSOD Lenovo T410

Additional info ... The internet browser being used seems to be unimportant. I get BSODs with Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Paul T.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-lenovo-t410-761169.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Guys nbsp I need your help here I bought a refurbished T in Oct from Newegg It has a Win professional Today when I turned on the computer it first give out a brief it 15. bought in a has refurbished. t410 ... Oct. Now Thinkpad then it gave out a brief green screen Finally it will stay on a 'black' screen It seems that my screen is 'good' since it first has very briefly Thinkpad Recnetly I have downloaded software which I supspect it has virus on it Also to day before t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... I turned the computer t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... off I changed the computer time to Jun I am not sure if these activities are related to my 'black' screen nbsp I later connected a external display and I could do everything on it my external display is good nbsp Lenovo 'black' screen external display is working when the computer is turned on 'Thinkpad' briefly showed up then a brief green screen then goes to 'black' nbsp Please give me your advices Thanks nbsp Dan nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/t410-refurbished-bought-in-Oct-15-Now-it-has-a-black-screen/td-p/3338506
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all, I have a T410 that's from 2010 with the i5 520m cpu. I bought it used recently and I don't think the bios has ever been upgraded. When I follow the regular instructions of entering BIOS --> Config --> CPU, I saw a menu of four choices. The bottom two wereIntel(R) Virtualization Technology [DISABLED]Intel(R) VT-d Feature [DISABLED]I tried to change them, but strangely the menu only let me navigate through the first two choices (I can't recall them exactly now but they didn't seem to have anything to do with virtualization), nothing seemed to allow me to access the bottom two choices...  How should I go about fixing this properly?  I want to be very careful with upgrading/flashing BIOS as I really don't want to end up with a brick Thanks

A:Enabling Intel VT-x in a T410

Look for your BIOS Version and post it(You can find it on the start page of your BIOS)VT-x is supported by your CPU, but maybe there are conflicting settings..Maybe you really have to update the BIOS but that shouldn't be a real problem...Use a disk image, hook your thinkpad to the power and let it be for 20 minutes or so... 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Enabling-Intel-VT-x-in-a-T410/td-p/1851016
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone,
Need a new laptop for my computer science degree, considered quite a few. Was just wondering if anyone has an oppinion on the Lenovo ThinkPad T410 2516, I would upgrade it as follows:
i5-460m processor
windows 7 home premium 64
3/4GB RAM
320GB 7200rpm hard drive
9 cell battery
Anyone think i should upgrade it differently, I'd like to get it a little cheaper so where if anywhere should i make the cuts in upgrades?
Has anyone got this laptop? is it particularly heavy to carry around?

A:What do you think of the Lenovo ThinkPad T410?

what the difference in 3 and 4GB memory - i would not expect you to use that amount of memory unless you are using some special heavy memory programs

what other choice of CPUs do you have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-you-think-of-the-lenovo-thinkpad-t410.957614/
Relevancy 43.43%

Here is my specs

Core 2 Duo E6850 Processor

Nvidia bfg oc2 640 mb

asus p5n3-sli plus mobo

4 gig ram ddr 2 533 mhz

550 watt charmelon aspire psu

sata hard drives sata and sata 2 300 gigs and 250 gigs

dvd rw

dvd rw combo drive

saitek 2 keyboard

razor diamond back mouse

logitech z5500 speakers

xfi fatality extreme music sound card-off my system tho since vista has probs with it so using the sound card that asus came with

20.1 inch dell wide screen monitor

So what you guys think?I might switch to quad tho in 2 weeks

everything runs fine on the 550 watts and i don't plan to sli my video card so am i ok?

A:New Power supply needed?

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic55506.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-power-supply-needed.84185/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out finding a power adapter for an old set of Harman Kardon speakers I have. On the back of the speakers it says ac 15v 1.1A so I assume I need an adapter that matches those settings.

Can someone plz help me out finding one that will work and is as cheap as possible.

Thx a bunch.

A:Power adapter needed

This?
Robot Check

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/power-adapter-needed-276817/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys, new here...I'm setting up a new pc, sooo a few questions here.
I'm planning on getting an Asus A88XM-plus motheboard, Amd X4 860K cpu and Sapphire R9 280 3GB video card...so how much power supply would be enough...450-500W?..would 650 be an overkill? Is all of this fully compatible?
Do I need a sound card, modem or special cooling or something? ( I already have 2*8gb Ram sticks and HDD, don't really need DVD drive).
I'm also thinking in between Antec 902 V3 case and a lot cheaper LC Power Gaming 975b Air wing Midi...how much quality difference is there in between these two?
Also, how much improvement is there in between this card and my current one, sapphire r7 265 2gb?
Are there anything that you would exchange for something else...I'm on a tight budget, but I don't mind spending a few extra bucks if it be worth in the long run.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-power-supply-is-needed-here.214794/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just got a used gateway Solo 2300 with no OS, and tried to load something through the USB port. It didnt work and now my laptop wont power on unless I have the USB plugged in to both my laptop and desktop. Once powered up I can remove the USB and it will run from the power supply, but wont power back on unless the USB is hooked back up. Does anyone know how to fix this, or has the board been damaged?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-needed-to-power-up-laptop.16212/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys new here I'm setting up a new pc sooo a few questions here I'm planning on getting an Asus A XM-plus motheboard Amd X K cpu and Sapphire R GB video card so how much power supply would be enough - W would be an overkill Is all of Power needed How is much supply here? this fully compatible Do I need a sound card modem How much Power supply is needed here? or special cooling or How much Power supply is needed here? something I already have gb Ram sticks and HDD don't really need DVD drive I'm also thinking in between Antec V case and a lot cheaper LC Power Gaming b Air wing Midi how much quality difference is there in between these two Also how much improvement is there in between this card and my current one sapphire r gb Are there any parts that you would exchange for something else I'm on a tight budget but I don't mind spending a few extra bucks if it be worth in the long run Thanks in advance

A:How much Power supply is needed here?

Hey Bobo!

Nice components.

Asus MB is a good one as is the 860K

The GPU requires a PSU of 500 watts but, if you intend on OC'ing the CPU (which should be done as it might bottleneck the GPU)
I would go with a 600 watt PSU and Not a Corsair.

USA

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/season...m12ii620bronze

England

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/sea...m12ii620bronze

Overclocking means you need better air flow to protect it so, a cooler will also be an worthwhile addition.

USA

Amazon.com: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-R2): Electronics

England

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/coo...r-rr212e20pkr2
The Antec 902 seems to have enough air flow and should provide enough cooling to the other
components.
Don't know where you are so, two prices from different Countries :

England

Antec Nine Hundred Two Mid Tower Case - 0-761345-15924-1 - Scan.co.uk

USA : the 903 V2 is discontinued in the USA but the 900 is a good replacement:

http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Nine-Hun...M88P15A0QWCGMM

You might also look at the NZXT Guardian :

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004351H9G/..._t2_B000I5JHB0

You have more than enough RAM (memory). This CPU will handle 1866Mhz RAM as well.

As for the GPU , it is a marked improvement over the previous one you mention.
If money is available and if for gaming purposes, a R9 280X might prove a better deal.
Flashorn.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/124906-how-much-power-supply-needed-here.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Rev 1.0 motherboard and am looking to add an EVGA GeForce GTX 960 GPU, but my current PSU does not have the required PCI-E connection. I am looking for a 750W PSU that would be compatible with both, Preferably modular in design.

I have 2 DVD drives and 5 case fans also, any suggestions. Thank You.

A:Power Supply Needed

EVGA sells the best PSU`s on the planet.

EVGA - Products - Power Supplies

EVGA - Products - EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 Power Supply - 220-P2-0750-X1

But for $20 more get the 850 P2, Mike has one in his Acer.

EVGA - Products - EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 Power Supply - 220-P2-0850-X1

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391673-power-supply-needed.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out finding a power adapter for an old set of Harman Kardon speakers I have. On the back of the speakers it says ac 15v 1.1A so I assume I need an adapter that matches those settings.

Can someone plz help me out finding one that will work and is as cheap as possible.

Thx a bunch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-adapter-needed.1163788/
Relevancy 43.43%

I was going to purchase a PNY 8800GT 512 GDDR3 256 bit graphics card but i wanted to make sure my computer could hanlde something like this. I have a dell 4700 motherboard
P4 3.2 Ghz CPU
1.75 gigs of RAM 1 gig(2x512)+512mb(1x512)+256MB (4 slots total)
320 gig hard drive
X-fi extreme gamer sound card
480 watt power supply

Is that enough power for that card on my system. I know that PCI-E 2.0 works on regular PCI-E so i dont need to worry about that, and i don't have a 6pin power connector for PCI-e but the card comes with a 6pin adapter for cables my power supply does have so that's good, but do i need more power or am i good, or just barely making it. I dont want to fry another card because i didn't have enough power.

A:8800GT, how much power needed?

I'm not familiar with Dell products, but just offhand, if your graphics card is in the $50 to $75 range, I think it should handle your power supply. I have a 550-watt Ultra power supply, a lower mid-range ASUS motherboard for $90, and a PNY 8000 Nvidia graphics card and everything's fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8800gt-how-much-power-needed.114036/
Relevancy 43%

Woke up one morning to a dead PC. Wouldn't boot. Downloaded and burned Hiren. Which does boot. Does this mean its my HDD?
Can I use Hiren to try and repair HDD? Buy a new Hdd and install Win10 from thumb drive?
Thanks
Paul

Relevancy 43%

Hi Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in Thinkpad T400?

A:Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in T40...

No.  It is a different shape

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-I-use-Battery-from-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T410-in-T400/td-p/3316561
Relevancy 43%

A friend dropped off a T410 system. Windows is flakey and locks up after about 5 minutes. Ran the HD test program in the BIOS. It finished but gave me a bunch of 0000 Read verification errors though the controller tested fine. What I'd like to do is format the Windows partition and re-install. But I don't have Windows disks (there is a COA sticker for Windows 7 Home Premium 64). Can I build a set of recovery disks from this system? Even if Windows won't run? Any info would be a great help. Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Refurbished-T410-Windows-flakey/td-p/3379948
Relevancy 43%

About two weeks ago, I began getting BSODs on a 9 month old ThinkPad T410 running Win Professional 7x64, OEM. This is the original install of the OS, and there have been no recent hardware changes. Prior to this issue, the machine has performed without any failures.

Today's failure happened quite spontaneously (or so it seemed to me) while the ThinkPad was sitting unattended and unused for about 15 minutes.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

A:ThinkPad T410 100000b8 BSODs

Hello and welcome,
Uninstall Acronis Software as dump blames them.

Update your Conexant Modem: Lenovo Support - Modem Adapter Software for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad

Code:
CAX_CNXT.sys Wed Jul 01 07:59:52 2009
CAX_DPV.sys Wed Jul 01 08:05:11 2009
CAXHWAZL.sys Wed Jul 01 08:01:14 2009
mdmxsdk.sys Tue Jun 20 09:27:26 2006
Update your ThinkPad TrackPad: Lenovo Support - UltraNav driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit) and XP (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad

Code:
ltpFiltr.sys Mon Jun 15 01:49:50 2009
ltpwrflt.sys Mon May 11 15:47:52 2009
Update your RIM Software ---> Research In Motion - Products

Code:
RimSerial_AMD64.sys Tue Nov 25 06:01:01 2008
Dean

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 100000B8, {fffffa8006c7c680, fffff8800316efc0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys
Probably caused by : snapman.sys ( snapman+18e71 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC (b8)
A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine.
This is an illegal operation and the stack track will lead to the offending
code and original DPC routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8006c7c680, Original thread which is the cause of the failure
Arg2: fffff8800316efc0, New thread
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Stack address of the original thread
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_THREAD: fffffa8006c7c680

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xB8

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800032ea992 to fffff800032e7eda

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03193580 fffff800`032ea992 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06c7c680 fffffa80`00000000 fffff880`0f8b487c : nt!KiSwapContext+0x7a
fffff880`031936c0 fffff800`032ed1af : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03164180 0000000f`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x1d2
fffff880`03193750 fffff880`01818e71 : fffff880`0182b100 fffff880`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x19f
fffff880`031937f0 fffff880`0182b100 : fffff880`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 : snapman+0x18e71
fffff880`031937f8 fffff880`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 fffff880`0182b140 : snapman+0x2b100
fffff880`03193800 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 fffff880`0182b140 fffffa80`07d7a348 : 0xfffff880`00000000
STACK_COMMAND: .thread 0xfffffa8006c7c680 ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
snapman+18e71
fffff880`01818e71 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: snapman+18e71

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: snapman

IMAGE_NAME: snapman.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 45265d99

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xB8_snapman+18e71

BUCKET_ID: X64_0xB8_snapman+18e71

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`0ffc0000 fffff8... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153766-thinkpad-t410-100000b8-bsods.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Screen/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 43%

I'm trying to figure out if the slow performance of my T410 (on certain apps - mainly Firefox and Quicken) could possibly be caused by an overheating problem that I know I have (because I sometimes get a "fan error" on startup, and because it is hotter to the touch that it seems it should be).  My speculation is that maybe the CPU has a temperature monitor, and when the temp gets too high it throttles down the CPU.  Is there any truth to that idea? ~ Thanks in advance~ Ken

A:Can overheating cause slow performance on a T410?

That is true.Your fan error means your fan is running slow, which would hurt cooling

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-overheating-cause-slow-performance-on-a-T410/td-p/3484435
Relevancy 43%

Hi Guys,

I got Lenovo T410, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate, and it function well besides that I don't have comunication, no WiFi nor by cable. I assume driver is missing. Any suggestion?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/388823-communication-driver-lenovo-t410.html
Relevancy 43%

I need some help please I keep getting Consistant I5 BSOD T410 Lenovo a BSOD like clockwork on my Laptop The Laptop can run in safe mode with no issues Tested this last night and this it was still on this morning I initially thought it was the ram so I removed the onboard Gb and replaced it with a new chip Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 I thought it Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 was the video drivers so I tried all Lenovo's recommended Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 drivers but it doesnt work cause according to the drivers I dont have a graphics card I reloaded windows to bit by doing a clean install and have not loaded any other drivers except the ones thats generic by windows I am clueless as I have tried every angle possible Anyone pls Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP C C C BCP F EA BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Danie AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225684-consistant-bsod-lenovo-i5-t410.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Scrren/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 43%

Hello there,I wanted to get all my data from my old Thinkpad T410, so I took out the SSD which was installed in it and connected it to my newer Computer. The problem is that my new bought Computer did not recognize the drive at all, so I tested the drive externally on my Thinkpad and this doesn't recognize it either nor will it boot from it when it is connected via USB. I tested the drive on Windows, Linux and MacOS, there are no problems with my external connector, my Thinkpad boots without problems from other USB-Drives and the drives work internally without any problems. On Linux, the drives are detected but not mountable and not formatable... I hope someone has an answer to this problem 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T410-SSD-HDD-not-recognized-externally/td-p/3425062
Relevancy 43%

Good afternoon all nbsp While I have researched the heck out of this issue I have not been able to come up with anything useful I have been having this ongoing problem with my Lenovo 10) Above T410 Battery - (Windows 74% Not Charging T laptop and the battery charging above Sometimes the charging light will turn amber sometimes it will stay green with a random quick flash here and there I'm trying T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74% to determine for a fact if the battery I have is not functioning or if it's something else T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74% causing it Below are the steps I've taken to troubleshoot nbsp Completely discharged battery and recharged with laptop off Reseated battery and attempted to remove dust from battery connection port Checked Windows registry for settings regarding charging actions at certain percentages This was initially upgraded to Win - Fully remove Lenovo Power Manager from machine Verify using HWInfo that it appears the battery health is good can provide image if requested Completely reformatted and fresh installed Windows There may be a step or two I have forgotten but if someone asks I'll let you know if I did it or not I would love to get this fixed as the laptop serves my purposes other than having a fully charged battery If there's a surefire way to know factually if it's the battery then I'll go ahead and replace it Thanks all

A:T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74%

Have you tried recalibrating the battery? Open Lenovo Power Manager -> switch to advanced -> Battery -> Battery Maintenance -> Perform Reset. It will take a lot of time to complete, don't remove AC power while this is running. Let it run while you are sleeping or something similar so that you won't have to interrupt the process.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Windows-10-Battery-Not-Charging-Above-74/td-p/3373420