Windows Support Forum

help to buying new motherboard for dell inspiron n5110

Q: help to buying new motherboard for dell inspiron n5110

my laptop is dell inspiron n5110
Ram : 6GB
processor : intel core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHZ
Video Card : Nvidia GT 525M (1GB)
i want upgrade my Graphic Card But
I heard some people say graphic card fixed in motherboard !
The solution : Replace Motherboard
i wanna know which is compatible with my laptop
and Nvidia GTX 600 or higher
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984075
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: help to buying new motherboard for dell inspiron n5110

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 86.86%

Friends, I have dell inspiron n5110. It had geniune windows 7 home premium. There was dell data restore option in F8 boot menu option to restore my windows. a week ago i installed new windows 7. i didnt deleted recovery partition on my computer but there in no more option of dell data restore in f8 boot menu. Kindly help me to restore my windows. Plz help..... If there is any way to do it using comand prompt or any other way to restore that option in f8. Plz reply..

A:Dell Data restore windows seven home premium Dell inspiron n5110?

Hi,

Post a screen capture image of your Disk Management screen.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/257247-dell-data-restore-windows-seven-home-premium-dell-inspiron-n5110.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi ,
So i have a problem with my dell n5110, i just download a win 7, 64-bit , and my lab's files is nowhere .I went to the dell website and was going to download the files but there are a lot . i don't know what is good to my lab ,and what to do ?!!!
to help u a little :
my OS is Win. 7 64-bit and right now i really need help to start my work
thanks in advance (^_^)

<edited the formatting - the default is adequate on the site - etaf.

Relevancy 85.57%

The display of my laptop is blinking like this way.I gave laptop to repair it for the service center where I bought it for three times.but they return my laptop by saying there was no wrong with it.but display blinking was occurred again and again.now blinking is increased and can not work.what is the solution for this !matter?
Watch this video:

A:Dell inspiron 15r n5110 i7

Does the system screen blink when it sits at a BIOS prompt?  F2 at powerup - leave it sitting on a boot screen for a while to check.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986170
Relevancy 84.71%

? OS - Windows 7
? x64
? What was original installed OS on system = Dos
? OEM version ( activet it by changing Serive Tag)
? Age of system (hardware) = 1 month
? Age of OS installation = 1 week / have you re-installed the OS = no

? CPU : Core i7 -2670QM
? Video Card : Intel Sandybridg and Nvidia GT525M
? MotherBoard
? Power Supply - brand & wattage

? System Manufacturer : Dell
? Exact model number N5110
. orginal Service Tag JT6LFR1

A:Dell inspiron n5110 Bluescreen

Can you explain the problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/dell-inspiron-n5110-bluescreen-641630.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I got new Dell Inspiron N5110 15R....Installed clean Win 7 64....Everything went as it should....All drivers installed except WEBCAM....I tried Google, but everywhere it says Win should have driver for Webcam, and it should be turned on, but on my laptopp it isn't....When ppl asked aboout that, everyone says the same, "Win should have driver...."....Since Webcam is not starting is there a way to start it....I tried everything from Dell web page, even tried Creative Labs web page....still nothing.....In Device manager Imaging devices is NOT showing....HELP please.....

Relevancy 84.71%

Hey guys Plz hlp me wid dis stuff I'm stucked in making HDD Partition in my Dell Inspiron N There was Partitions of HDD during the tym of puchase my HDD Dell inspiron Partition N5110 laptop The retailer too said me dat it was unable to make Dell inspiron N5110 HDD Partition a rd partition So I tried to make a partition by my own I tried in ways During Boot time by booting m win DVD amp another by going through the disc management diskmgmt msc During the tym of Boot the Unallocated space remaining the rd partition has it's New option inactive Therefore I failed to make a partition there Inside the disk management st I shrinked my Volume Dell inspiron N5110 HDD Partition My C drive of GB to nearly GB and the rest GB was unallocated When I tried to make a new Volume Unallocated Space gt Right-click gt New Volume It says me dat quot You cannot create a New Volume in this unallocated space because the Dell inspiron N5110 HDD Partition disk already contains the maximum number of partitions quot Plz hlp me What do

A:Dell inspiron N5110 HDD Partition

This is very interesting.

I would recommend completely formatting the HDD. Remove everything. Then, use an advanced partition editor (gParted or Partition Magic) to create the partitions you need.

Backup your data first, though....

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/7163-dell-inspiron-n5110-hdd-partition.html
Relevancy 84.71%

The laptop appears to be dead. You plug the AC adapter but the LEDs (power light, hard drive light, battery charge light, etc?) do not light up and the laptop does not react at all if you press on the power button.
Please suggest.

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 not starting up

Hi Onish91
Thanks for writing to us. 
When did the problem start? Have you made any hardware or software changes lately? 
Please disconnect the charger and battery and hold down the power button for 10 secs, then put back the power sources and try again. 
Also if possible remove the memory modules and try to power on, then try with one module at a time. 

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19986137
Relevancy 84.71%

hi!
i went into dell startup options [F12] and ran diags.
it thows up following error :
Error code :  2000-0145
Validation : 45371
Msg: Hard-drive 0 -S/N 5VEKQY27 ,self test did not complete.

[ In Bios HD is detected correctly].
What am i supposed to do now?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991491
Relevancy 84.71%

I am trying to reinstall windows 7 on my dell inspiron n5110 but I need to download the dell windows 7 ISO but I can't find it?  Its not available anywhere on the Dell site? How can I get it?

A:Need Dell Windows 7 ISO for Inspiron n5110

It's not downloadable.  Your best bet is probably to avail yourself of the free upgrade to Windows 10 at this point (you can get version TH2 from Microsoft and use your 7 product key that's in the battery compartment to activate it).
It's at this point unlikely Dell will ship out an end of life OS  like Windows 7.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19841320
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all My troubles began about a week Help? Dell lagging N5110 mad. Inspiron like ago when I needed to print some forms and that I had had it with my laptop not printing despite recognizing my printer and even allowing it to print a test page from within the printer maintenance software So I began fiddling well now everything is messed Dell Inspiron N5110 lagging like mad. Help? up A description of symptoms My sound has a 'delay' for lack of a better word Say an alert pop up comes up it is - seconds later when the alert sound plays Flash games are severely delayed and I keep getting shockwave errors stalling my Firefox I am also getting the occasional flash plug in crash notice even Dell Inspiron N5110 lagging like mad. Help? if not attempting to play games I am able to watch videos listen to music on my computer with minimal interference but cannot use Spotify streaming as the sound has gone wonky very high pitched digitized skippy etc There is a delay between the time I click a button and it actually reacts so where opening firefox used to take a few seconds it now takes half a minute Switching tabs used to be instant it now has to think about it CPU is running hot too hot I borrowed my fiance's laptop pad with a fan and thankfully it brought it down from C to under C but the fan is still running constantly He's bringing home a can of air to give it a proper cleaning tonight as the one I had only gave me one quick spray before running out It has always run a bit hot but this constant running is new to this week There is an occasional flicker that is basically like a crack in the fabric of my programming reality so if for example I have firefox open there will be a little flash of windows open behind it I wish I could say what I did to screw it all up but at this point it could have been any step along the way so I will try to retrace my steps I installed uninstalled reinstalled the KODAK ESP C AiO XPS software til I was blue in the face I also uninstalled reinstalled the XPS Document Writer software I then started getting a x error code cannot connect to printer I googled the error and most reponses seemed to suggest that the error is caused by a faulty mxdwdrv dll file I tried editing the registry to bypass the error that didn't work so I put the registry back to the way it was I installed a Softonic XPS driver uninstaller as that thing is a pain to get rid of and then did a full reinstall of the XPS stuff still no joy on the printer That night I gave up and just emailed the document to my fiance to print I should have just stopped tinkering at that point At some point during the day Windows update installed about updates mostly for my Office but also some security fixes etc I started looking on the Windows site for answers about why the XPS software dll file would keep giving me the error it suggested a fixit file so I tried running that but the computer didn't like it and wouldn't let it install I again tried installing the Kodak software and looking back through my browser history a FirmwareFlashLauncher from Kodak's support site I then started getting two errors x E E An error occurred while troubleshooting A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting when I tried to troubleshoot my printer even my print to Adobe wasn't working and an x F Ole BSTR error I ran sfc scannow but it didn't find anything The windows forum suggested updating the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drive SP and the Intel Driver Update Utility I realize at this point that I'm an idiot and I don't really need to print that often I also checked to make sure that my service pack was up to date it was and checked Dell's site to make sure my BIOS were up to date they were I found that the Dec th Windows updates which my computer installed on the th were causing the x F error for other people as well causing the error to get thrown when attempting to run troubleshooters It suggested uninstalling of the updates I did but it didn't help the error... Read more

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 lagging like mad. Help?

Here are screenshots of the Task Manager (I had Speccy, Firefox with only this forum post open, notepad, AVG PC Tuneup, and PhotoImpact open while screenshotting).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560347/dell-inspiron-n5110-lagging-like-mad-help/
Relevancy 83.85%

i was use my laptop normally and turn off then today turn on but doesn't work normally just screen on and black screen then i tried restart the lap couple of times and get logo windows but stuck on it 15 min and restart again !! so i can't do anything ! so press F12 and open hardware diagnostics everything good but face problem with HARD DISK but i have work on C partition so all what i could do open safe mode and it's work and finally i could  copy my file from C to other one ... then reinstall windows and now working good but now do hardware diagnostics again and found   ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB ATA Device Targeted Read Test  Failed ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB ATA Device SMART Short Self Test  Failed ! so what's problem or how i can solve it ?

A:dell inspiron 15 r n5110 and Hard problem

You need to replace the hard drive, which has failed.
Good news:  the drive will be an inexpensive part to replace (any 2.5" 9.5 or 7 mm SATA notebook hard drive, hybrid drive or solid state drive will work).
Bad news:  this model requires an almost complete tear-down to replace a hard drive.  The procedure is deailed
www.youtube.com/watch
in that video.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988601
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello After re-installing Windows on my years old Dell Inspiron N laptop my laptop won t shut down anymore The laptop has every symptom of shutting down it will do all of the updates when there are the screen will go black after shutting down But the laptop will always be making those think noises Also there are some of the lights still on After it gets in this state I m also unable to turn on my laptop again It will turn off when I push on my off button for like - seconds But that won t be too good for my laptop doing that all the time Now my laptop will get in sleeping state but than again I can t wake him up again Edit I forgot to say since a few days it will just turn off out of nowhere Is there anyone who experienced this before or who can just help me out The nice Dell Support won t help me in any other way then by using the phone but that doesn t seem like a perfect way of solving a problem in my opinion therefore I m asking your help Hope you get this my English aint too good Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 83.85%

Hi Guyz....

I am buying new laptop and i have two choices in my budget. Dell Inspiron N5110 (15R) and Lenovo Essential B570. Both have i3 Sandy Bridge. Which one you think is better ???? Any suggestions

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 vs. Lenovo B570

So what did you decide on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-n5110-vs-lenovo-b570.177611/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello,
With this post I would like to clarify if there is a solution for the USB 3.0 drivers on Windows 10 for my laptop? During the last two years had upgraded my laptop from windows 7, then to windows 8 and 8.1 and at latest to Windows 10. After the first upgrade to windows 10, USB 3.0 ports were working (with some faults, but at least sometimes working). Always were using the USB 3.0 driver from the dell support page for windows 7. Since the newest version of windows 10 is now installed, the driver became not compatible with windows 10. I know, that the technologies are moving always forward, but it is sad that the 4 years laptop may loose such simple funcions, when it is still may cover my needs. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19990822
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi ,

I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 purchased in 2012 . It has suddenly stopped working and shows error message :
Error Code :2000-0142
Msg: Hard Drive 0 - S/N S2WADMNW , self test unsuccessful. Status = 7

Please can someone tell me where I should go or whom to contact to het this fixed ?
Regards,
Patralika

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 Hard Drive 0

Hello!  It looks like your hard drive is/has gone bad.  You will need to replace it.  Depending on where you live, there should be computer repair shops in your city/town that can help you.  Dell might be able to do it but it would cost a bit more as your computer is more then likely out of warranty.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983189
Relevancy 83.85%

I have had my dell inspiron for 5 years now. two years ago, I dropped it and the LCD shattered. I purchased a new LCD from Amazon and took it to a PC repair store nearby. (Fry's Electronics was the first choice but couldn't install the LCD due to liability issues.) I got my computer back and it worked perfectly. Now fast forward a month later and i haven't used it in about 2 weeks. I go to start up and the screen is black, I check the brightness and that didn't seem to be the problem, then i see that the LCD is fine but the backlight is very dim and keeps flickering like a light about to burn out. Could this problem be hardware and a part stopped functioning?(motherboard/inverter I hear are common culprits) Or could this be a software issue?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981487
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a Core i5 Dell Inspiron N5110 with 4 GB Ram.I tried Clean Installation of Windows 8 64 Bit (Downloaded From Microsoft Dreamspark Account) with bootable USB many times about every possible management of partitions but it goes black after the installation ,where it says "Getting Device Ready @ 62% Or 60%" , & Restarts Automatically an then it says Repairing Drive E or F, O.o even i have only one partiton of 500 GB, I have no idea that why it is happening if i am not doing any fault???
Please Guyzz help me..

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 Not Picking up Windows 8 Please Help

You need to update your system BIOS to version A11
Drivers for Laptops\Inspiron\Inspiron 15R N5110
You might have to connect your Laptop to a TV Screen with HDMI cable and boot your Windows to update your BIOS.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/18347-dell-inspiron-n5110-not-picking-up-windows-8-please-help.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a Core i5 Dell Inspiron N5110 with 4 GB Ram.I tried Clean Installation of Windows 8 64 Bit (Downloaded From Microsoft Dreamspark Account) with bootable USB many times about every possible management of partitions but it goes black after the installation ,where it says "Getting Device Ready @ 62% Or 60%" , & Restarts Automatically an then it says Repairing Drive E or F, O.o even i have only one partiton of 500 GB, I have no idea that why it is happening if i am not doing any fault???
Please Guyzz help me..

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 Not Picking up Windows 8 Please Help

Try removing any optional devices, such as printers, scanners, USB Flash Disk, USB Mouse, USB Keyboard, etc.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/18344-dell-inspiron-n5110-not-picking-up-windows-8-please-help.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm trying to do a factory reset on my Dell laptop. I didn't receive a CD when I bought it so I tried doing it through the BIOS. I hit F8 repeatedly and got to the repair your computer screen. I selected that option and then it shows a screen that says Windows loading files. Unfortunately, after that it just freezes once the loading bar is full. Then after maybe 10 minutes it goes to resuming Windows normally (I assume a time out of some sort). Is there another way to do a factory reset? Like I said I don't have the CD because it didn't come with it. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? Thanks

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 Factory Reset Help

Hi yuanaug,
Dell does not ship any factory recovery discs for systems. There is a ‘Dell DataSafe Local Backup’ application installed in the system wherein you could create recovery discs.Please follow the steps below to restore the computer to factory state.

Turn on the computer, after the Dell Logo appears and then disappears repeatedly press the <F8> key until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu.
From the Advanced Boot Options highlight Repair Your Computer with the arrow keys and press <ENTER>.
Click ‘Next’ and login to your administrator account on the computer. The administrator account is the account created the first time the computer was turned on.
Click ‘Dell Factory Image Recovery and DataSafe options’ and follow the prompts provided.

If the above steps are not working and your system is booting into the operating system then follow the steps in the link given below to create a factory recovery discs and use the discs to restore the computer to factory state.
http://dell.to/rXS9BO
If the computer is not booting into the operating system then I am afraid you will have to perform manual operating system reinstallation from the operating system discs.
Please let me know if this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19475583
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,
have formatted my Inspiron N5110 laptop and have put Win7 Home Premium SP1 OS, but i Lost Windows7 Key for Dell Inspiron N5110 as the key was mentioned below the laptop and even though i had the original version of the OS and installed through it. i was getting the Genuine notifications as i could not see the key which is wrote below the lappy. Please help.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19989235
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi all Bluetooth Problem Dell N5110 Inspiron I am using Dell Inspiron N but i can not use the bluetooth I downloaded the driver from Dell i'm sure the driver is correct because i downloaded using my service tag but whenever i try to install it say quot Activate bluetooth using wireless switch quot althought i have already turn the wireless on Fn F Here is the driver i downloaded And here is the message i received when i install the driver I tried to let windows install the driver it self but there is always an error called Code Windows has stopped this Dell Inspiron N5110 Bluetooth Problem device because it has reported problems After i uninstall the driver on the device manager the bluetooth device is shown as unknow Dell Inspiron N5110 Bluetooth Problem device So i use a software called Driver Identifier Dell Inspiron N5110 Bluetooth Problem and download a software call BlueSoleil after installing this everything seemed to be fine But it is just for look nothing changed i can not start the bluetooth device and in the control panel it does not recognize any bluetooth device My device hardware ids is USB VID CF amp PID amp REV USB VID CF amp PID Please guide me how to solve this annoying problem Thanks very much

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 Bluetooth Problem

Hi there , please tell me if i'm posting in the wrong sub-forum so i will move my thread to Hardware and device forum

Thanks very much !

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/202520-dell-inspiron-n5110-bluetooth-problem.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi there, I can't find the bluetooth icon, I had done a clean reinstall a few months ago, so I may not have the driver. I tried to download it from Dell site, won't allow me, as I am not under warranty now.

Please help, thnks

A:Bluetooth not working on Dell Inspiron N5110

Hi there ... The Driver you need is in the Link below .. But it may not resolve your issue ...
Drivers for Inspiron 15R N5110

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/331424-bluetooth-not-working-dell-inspiron-n5110.html
Relevancy 83.85%

i,m looking for dell inspiron n5110 bluetooth drivers for windows 7 32bit. I searched few and installed them but my bluetooth is still not working.

A:dell inspiron n5110 bluetooth drivers

Hi Janiman

May I have the Service Tag number of your Laptop. Its on the bottom on a white label. Also I would like to see the Details tab with the Hardware Ids under Property screenshot of your Bluetooth device inside Device Manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/281401-dell-inspiron-n5110-bluetooth-drivers.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi.
I have this notebook & I can't access my wireless networking.
here are more details:
This thing has an internal wireless device, right?
when I turn it on on keyboard (Fn + F2), bluetooth works, but no wireless adapter
when it's turned on, I go to network & sharing settings, on the left side, there is no sign of wireless sth like "manage wireless networks"...!!!
I've tried 5 type of drivers, all 4 this notebook.
please help, I'll be thankful, If you DO!
In addition, my OS is win 7 ultimate x64 & I'd been using wireless before the last change of OS from x86 to x64... is it the problem?

A:Wireless problem, Dell Inspiron N5110

Somebody Please ANSWER ME!!!!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/237702-wireless-problem-dell-inspiron-n5110.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I will try one more time to make this post cause the previous one never went live I have a years old Dell Inspiron N i Windows Inspiron supporting not Dell N5110 10? GB ram Nvidia Win home premium and i am very happy with its performance and build quality Yesterday i tried to reserve a Dell Inspiron N5110 not supporting Windows 10? Windows copy and after having trouble to make the icon pop in my taskbar i Dell Inspiron N5110 not supporting Windows 10? managed to get it popped When i clicked on the Get Windows app icon to get the reserve it came up with this message quot BIOS isn t supported quot I have more laptops that are - years older than my N and both are qualified and reserved the update nbsp I am running the latest BIOS A all windows updates and latest drivers for this machine and wanted to ask Is it me or other N users getting this message Is there any other BIOS update that i might missing to get his to work Is Dell going to fix this till July and when Windows go live An official reply or if there is an official link from Dell for this issue would be appreciated

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 not supporting Windows 10?

Just update your BIOS to A11, wait for some time (few hours or a day), and everything will be Ok.
It works although not supported by Dell.
Thank you all.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19636195
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi everyone,
I've a problem with a DELL Inspiron N5110.
When I turn on the laptop, the fan is working for 15 seconds then it turns off by itself.. but the Windows boots properly and the other components work fine.
I know that I can't use my laptop if the CPU fan doesn't work because it will overheat the cpu and the motherboard so..
Could you please give me an opinion ?
Thank you

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 CPU Fan doesn't work

The fan will spin at powerup self test time, and then won't come on (or run at full speed) until a temperature setpoint is reached.
Depending on who replaced the mainboard, verify that the thermal pads were replaced when the heatsink was removed from the system.  If that part was not replaced, the system will run very warm.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986555
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,
I have a dell inspiron N5110 and i am planning on upgrading the ram modules which are rated at 1333hz. i would like to know if the motherboard can support ram modules at higher frequencies, if yes, how much of a performance boost can i expect.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

A:Dell inspiron N5110 15R Memory Upgrade

Faster modules may work but won't increase the speed - 1333 MHz is the limit for memory speed in this model.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19587158
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,I was performing a BIOS update on Dell Inspiron N5110 to Latest bios version,  when the laptop became inactive plus the fan started to run at full speed. i could not even switch off the machine by pressing the power button. At the end i had to pull out AC cord and battery.Now its dead(No activity at all). how can i restore bios???
dell inspiron N5110
service tag: <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK>

A:dell inspiron n5110 bios update failure

Solution fo recovery bios Dell N51101. Download the latest firmware from the Dell support2. Save the exe and create a shortcut with the following parameter: " /writehdrfile"3. Start the created shortcut and it will create a n5110a11.hdr file rename the file to N5110.hdr4. Create a shortcut exe file with the following parameter: " /writeromfile"5. Start the created shortcut and it will create a n5110a11.rom file rename the file to DQ15A11.rom6. Copy both file "N5110.hdr" and "DQ15A11.rom" to a FAT formatted pendrive's root folder7. Remove the charger and Battery from the laptop8. Plug In the pendrive9. Press & hold END10. Connect the charger (still hold END)11. The notebook starts automatically and shows the recovery screen12. Press enter and wait until finish the flashing13. Press esc to restart14. Hopefully problem solved

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19534608
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I ve recently bought a new Dell a N5110 7 new with Installing on Inspiron Windows NoOS x64 Dell Inspiron N with NoOS Now I m trying to install Windows Professional x on it from a Installing Windows 7 x64 on a new Dell Inspiron N5110 with NoOS USB drive I ve done this a hundred times but now I m stuck with a problem After the installation begins it shows me a message A required CD DVD device driver is missing I f you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USN Drive please insert it now nbsp I ve tried to google for answers on this problem the only thing I ve found is that the laptop doesn t have any SATA drivers installed and wants me to install some However I can t figure out how to do this The system doesn t see another USB drive with drivers on it and if I copy drivers to the root of the USB from which I m booting it also fails to find the drivers How can I resolve my problem Any help is highly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Installing Windows 7 x64 on a new Dell Inspiron N5110 with NoOS

I solve this problem plug boot flash in USB2.0, when plug in USB3.0 view same error message.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19398428
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,
I have been using my dell inspiron for about a year and half and it worked fine. But one day i plugged my charger for charging laptop and mouse goes mad... it starts moving to and fro of its own without me touching it.i googled the problem but did not found any helpful material. i installed the ALPS driver and the only help i get is i turn of my touchpad when charging and use a usb mouse instead.Anyone please help.
thanx.
Asad.

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 touchpad problem when charging

Hi Asadmujtaba,
I have sent out a friend request once again. Kindly private message me the service tag.
Awaiting your response!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19487423
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi everyone I ordered a dell inspiron n a week back which came pre-installed with windows home premium bit and other dell softwares however my on Windows after dell n5110 XP inspiron 7 Restore installing packaging only contained Windows 7 Restore after installing XP on dell inspiron n5110 a Windows 7 Restore after installing XP on dell inspiron n5110 driver dvd no other recovery media Like many other unlucky fellows I tried to install Windows Windows 7 Restore after installing XP on dell inspiron n5110 XP sp on the machine by deleting the partition on which windows was installed But I did not touch the Recovery and dellutility partitions only to figure out that the drivers included in the dvd do not support XP Now I tried to restore the system back to Windows via F route but no repair option appeared I am feeling utterly helpless now I am including some of the details that may be helpful for you to guide me My system now has WINDOWS folder under label D The mb dellutility fat partition is still hidden The recovery partition NTFS around gb which was invisible earlier is labelled C It cannot be opened by double clicking but when I right click and explore and enable hidden and system folder view it shows the following files and directories Folders under Recovery or C Boot includes BCD BCDlog BCDlog bootstat memtest etc Dell Includes Image folder having the gb factory wim file inside Imaging includes imagex facimg wimgapi dll wimscript ini and a couple of other dll files Preload includes gb base wim base dat all crc csp dat desc Recovery includes a system folder having an xml file a WindowsRE folder containing boot sdi and a mb winre wim WISLOGS compressed folder Files under C bootmgr master sleep exe Wisrun exe ST InstallBackup boot ini ntldr autoexec config io I have an gb pendrive any luck by making it bootable and copying some of the files above

A:Windows 7 Restore after installing XP on dell inspiron n5110

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

It's water under the bridge, but the first thing you should have done is create a set of recovery discs.

The first thing I'd do is contact Dell Support and explain you were unable to create your recovery disks, and that you can't get into your system, but don't let on you installed XP as that will invalidate your warranty.

With a bit of luck, they'll send you a set of recovery discs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/183526-windows-7-restore-after-installing-xp-dell-inspiron-n5110.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello Problem Solver Problem Wireless not connecting Dell Inspiron N to router Situation Dell Inspiron N quit connecting last night about PM while I was online Both iphone and our other Dell operate wirelessly fine N works fine hooked to router with ethernet cable I have turned on the off Norton fire wall and tried to connect wirelessly - no success loaded lastest Dell drives for networking run Dell diagnostics - see below Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance MD My laptop Dell connecting not Inspiron router N5110 Wireless to configuration Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Wireless not connecting Dell Inspiron N5110 to router Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc W Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled Dell PC Diagnostics results follow Tested and Needs Attention Network Card Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Signal Strength Test - Completed The network might not have been configured properly Wireless ConnectivityTest - Canceled The wireless adapter is not connected to any of the networks inrange The following networks were detected D O P HXQCableWiFixfinitywifi Launch Network Connections Control Panel Wireless Signal StrengthTest - No Connection The wireless adapter is not connected to any of the networks inrange The following networks were detected D O P HXQCableWiFixfinitywifi Launch Network Connections Control Panel Network Link Test - No Connection The wireless adapter is not connected to any of the networks inrange The following networks were detected D O P HXQCableWiFixfinitywifi Launch Network ConnectionsControl Panel Network Communication Test - No Connection The wireless adapter is not connected to any of the networks inrange The following networks were detected D O P HXQCableWiFixfinitywifi Launch Network ConnectionsControl Panel Internet Communication Test No Connection The wireless adapter is not connected to any of the networks inrange The following networks were detected D O P HXQCableWiFixfinitywifi Launch Network Connections Control Panel Data Transfer Verification Test No Connection Launch Network Connections Control Panel Tested Successfully Network Card Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N TCP IP Internal Loopback Test - Passed PCI Express StatusTest - Passed Network Card Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Network Cable Test - Passed Network Link Test - Passed TCP IP Internal LoopbackTest - Passed Local Network CommunicationTest - Passed Internet Communication Test- Passed Data Transfer VerificationTest - Passed PCI Express Status Test - Passed nbsp

A:Wireless not connecting Dell Inspiron N5110 to router

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-not-connecting-dell-inspiron-n5110-to-router.1093107/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello Tech Support Inspiron down re-installing after 15R shutting Windows keeps Dell N5110 Guy forums Here s the story After cleaning read - deleting things I shouldn t have my PC I had to re-install Win Now when I want to play a video game that ran just fine the day before I get maybe minutes of play in and my computer just overheats and shuts down I read somewhere that the BIOS version was the problem so I updated it to the latest version but the problem still persists Here are some specs Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 keeps shutting down after re-installing Windows Edition Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 keeps shutting down after re-installing Windows Media Center Service Pack -bit Processor Intel Core i M MHz Video Card Intel R HD Graphics Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM EDIT After shutting off my computer and letting it cool off for quite a while next to an open window and turning it back on yields me this the second I turn it Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 keeps shutting down after re-installing Windows back on THM C Core C Core C Package C Hard Disk WDC WD BPVT- HXZT C nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 keeps shutting down after re-installing Windows

Updating the BIOS will never cure an overheating problem. Open up the case and give it a careful but thorough clean out with one of those purpose-made cans of dry compressed air.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-15r-n5110-keeps-shutting-down-after-re-installing-windows.1078365/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi guys I ve been using Unified Remote on my Android phone to Inspiron N5110 On Wake Lan BIOS issues Dell use my laptop for a while now I recently just learned about the Wake On Lan feature and it is something I d really like to see working what s the point of remote control if I still have to get up to turn on my laptop I ve been trying to follow the directions and Dell Inspiron N5110 Wake On Lan BIOS issues setting up my Power Management options in my BIOS however I ve run into some issues First of all when I go into my BIOS settings there isn t even an option for Power Management or the like in order to set remote wakeup So I don t even know where to proceed from here I have a Dell Inspiron N with the A BIOS I m running Windows -bit I d be more than happy to provide any additional details and even pictures of my BIOS screen options if my description isn t clear enough Thank you nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 Wake On Lan BIOS issues

I've been trying to follow the directions and setting up my Power Management options in my BIOSClick to expand...

What directions? How do you know that any change is needed or possible in the BIOS?

I probably shouldn't be posting here, as I have never used WOL, but I thought it was just a matter of enabling the feature in the Properties of the adapter (in Device Manager). It does make sense that it could be an item in the BIOS; I just don't recall ever reading that anywhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-n5110-wake-on-lan-bios-issues.1091632/
Relevancy 82.99%

i am facing problem on turn off . after press shutdown, it just close the lcd but still power button is on. i have to press and hold on the power button for complete shutdown. please advise. i am really worried due to this issue,

A:Dell laptop inspiron n5110 is not turned off after shutdown

***SOLUTION***This is a hardware problem, not a software problem. I am running the factory Win 7 home x64 and dual booting Ubuntu 12.04 x64, with this exact problem in both OS's.What I did is I took out the keyboard and the palm rest (there should be a tear down guide put out by Dell) and you should see a coin cell battery. I took it out for about 10 seconds and then put it back in. I also checked all the other connections and removed and reseated the HDD. I then went into BIOS and made sure there weren't any funky settings. It now shuts down, suspends, and wakes properly (only tested in Ubuntu 12.04)I have no clue how or why, but that's what did it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19458916
Relevancy 82.99%

I bought a Dell N last month but about weeks ago the USB port to the not Dell out (64bit) N5110 Win ports working Inspiron 7 2 - of USB 3 right side stopped working completely And 2 out of 3 USB ports not working - Dell Inspiron N5110 Win 7 (64bit) just today i noticed the USB port at the back has also stopped working I now only have the left side port working and fear that may seize to work soon When i go to the device manager and click on quot Other devices quot i have this device in list nbsp quot Universal Serial Bus USB Controller quot One of which have a yellow error icon of some sort When i double click either of them this is the message i get The drivers for this device are not installed Code amp There is no driver 2 out of 3 USB ports not working - Dell Inspiron N5110 Win 7 (64bit) selected for the device information set or element To find a driver for this device click Update Driver nbsp I have tried searching for drivers for them but i can t find them anywhere on the dell site I found someone else who requested these drivers on another post and tried to click the links but it takes me to a blank page Please help

A:2 out of 3 USB ports not working - Dell Inspiron N5110 Win 7 (64bit)

Sounds like they're the USB 3.0 ports.
downloads.dell.com/.../R309746.exe

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19493411
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron N that freezes randomly I cannot figure out what the issue is no matter what I do or read in Event Viewer System - Intel i N5110 Inspiron Dell freezes but diagnostics all passes m GHz - GB DDR GB Samsung MHz - GB Western Digital WD BPVT HDD - Intel HD NVidia GT M GB - Windows Professional x Maximum temps achieved while running AIDA System Stability test using both GPUs and CPU at degrees Celsius Maximum GPU temp in Furmark degrees Celsius Maximum CPU temp in Prime degrees Celsius Cooling system has been cleaned and fresh thermal paste has been applied namely Gelid GC-Extreme The system passes all diagnostics Dell Diagnostics quick amp full Dell Pre-Boot Diagnostics AIDA System Stability Test h Gold Memory amp MemTest Furmark Prime basically anything you throw at it The freezes occur usually during normal operation browsing the web browsing the hard drive downloading files using your browser The biggest number Dell Inspiron N5110 passes all diagnostics but freezes of freezes occurred after a fresh install of Windows and using Firefox IE to download Dell Inspiron N5110 passes all diagnostics but freezes the nVidia drivers Steps taken - Updated BIOS from A to A latest - Installed fresh Windows - Upgraded nvidia drivers from to - Upgraded Intel Centrino Wireless driver - Upgraded power adapter from W to W - Used system without battery - Used system with Intel HD Graphics disabled then with nVidia graphics disabled - Formatted hard drive - Installed Windows - Change SATA mode from AHCI to IDE and back - Disabled and Enabled intel SpeedStep Technology - Disabled and Enabled Dell Inspiron N5110 passes all diagnostics but freezes USB Charging And despite all this it still freezes randomly There is no BSOD no nothing The hard drive just stops the mouse cursor stops and the laptop does nothing but display the last thing I was doing on it Please help me with this issue I have provided full windows logs log collector archive They are small since the windows instalation is h old Please let me know if you need anymore info and I will try to get it ASAP

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 passes all diagnostics but freezes

I think I may have found the issue. I took the laptop apart again and I noticed that the thermal pad that covers the PCH was missing. The keyboard's metal frame was touching directly on the intel PCH.

I noticed some high temperatures on the PCH, namely 77 degrees Celsius and I thought I should check it. Seems whoever took the laptop apart last time, forgot to put the thermal pad back on.

I'm gonna mount a new pad and post back the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347746-dell-inspiron-n5110-passes-all-diagnostics-but-freezes.html
Relevancy 82.99%

hi, i've Dell INSPIRON N5110 Intel Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.10GHz, i've installed  windows 8.1, it's showing Bluetooth software in the device manager and also showing blue icon of Bluetooth under task bar menu, but my Bluetooth is not working correctly, every time i search for any device it don't search any deviece and whenever i try to make it visible for other devices it gives error  i've also tried to install software available at dell site using different compatible modes like compatible with windows 8 or with windows 7 but it's not working ,please help me how can i make my Bluetooth work  

A:DELL INSPIRON N5110 15 BLUETOOTH IS NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS 8.1 x64

Hi Ahsan Mughal,
The inspiron N 5110 is not tested with Windows 8.1, hence there are no drivers available. Please let me know how did you installed the Windows 8.1 and what was the previous operating system.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19529453
Relevancy 82.99%

hello, i have a big problem which make my coputer get to 0 % battary power  very quickly.
fans are not stop working. miadditly while turn on the pc the fans start work,please help me to solve this problem!

A:dell inspiron n5110 fans work non stop!

If you've never done so, remove the heatsink fan assembly and clean it thoroughly - and replace the thermal pads that sit between the GPU/CPU and heatsink assembly.
Unfortunately due to the design of this model, it's a major undertaking - see the service manual for the procedure, which includes removing the system board.  You may want to leave the job to a shop - expect about an hour's labor charge, whatever that costs where you're located.
Service manual:
ftp.dell.com/.../inspiron-15r-n5110_service manual_en-us.pdf

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996233
Relevancy 82.99%

I have recently installed operating system on my PC. I am newbie in computer field. I want to ask a question related my Dell inspiron N5110 Drivers. Should I upgrade manually my N5110 drivers or MS has already installed updated version of hardware drivers.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/128145-question-related-my-dell-inspiron-n5110-drivers.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I have Dell Inspiron N which cannot shut down neither in Windows nor in Ubuntu Linux I specifically booted Ubuntu Live from the CD to eliminate Inspiron wake does and N5110 not Shut not does from DELL up Sleep Down the possibility that nbsp the problem is in the Windows Shutdown in Ubuntu does not work either This proves that the reason in not a BACKGROUND application in Windows that remains hanging and does not allow the laptop to shut down The laptop cannot wake up after Sleep DELL Inspiron N5110 does not Shut Down and does not wake up from Sleep or Hibernate either I have tried every solution that DELL Inspiron N5110 does not Shut Down and does not wake up from Sleep you advised to all the other people nbsp in the forum that have the same issue The laptop cannot shut down in Safe Mode either It cannot shut down even after Clean Boot Mode - all non-MS services disabled and all Startups disabled I tried changing the Advanced Power Options of quot Allow Hybrid Sleep quot - both ON for quot On AC Power quot and quot Running on battery quot - no change I tried installing the latest video drivers for Nvidia This did not help either Running only on battery does not change anything - still cannot shutdown Running only on AC adapter without battery - still cannot shutdown I tried removing the AC adapter and battery and holding the POWER button for seconds to RESET the laptop - did not work ATTENTION I ve been reading your forums all day and saw at least - reports of the same problem and not a single fixed case This is why I have not tried Flashing the BIOS to the latest version - I read other people tried that and it didn t work either I loaded BIOS default settings F - still cannot shutdown REMARK nbsp Changing something in the BIOS and trying to Exit once caused the laptop to freeze and I had to Power Off by holding the button for longer I ran DELL Diagnostics from Boot menu F at startup - no errors found I could not locate IEEE Adapter in Device Manager to change its Power Management settings Actually none of the suggestions you may give for changing something in Windows makes sense because I already mentioned that shut down in Ubuntu does not work either The issue seems to be either in the BIOS or a hardware problem But which component Is it the CD DVD drive This is a new laptop Please advice how to proceed If you know which component fails please tell me

A:DELL Inspiron N5110 does not Shut Down and does not wake up from Sleep

Remove the keyboard and palm rest (guide from dell shows you how) and you should see a small coin cell battery. Remove it for at least 10 seconds, then put it back in. Enter BIOS and make sure there isn't anything weird that was changed. It should work properly now. I have had this working in Ubuntu 12.04 for the last few days, with no problems.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19466845
Relevancy 82.99%

I bought this laptop but the owner had installed some pirated version. I want to reinstall the original genuine window but the problem is the product key is not clearly read from sticker and original cd is also corrupt. Please help me how to fix it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19990132
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron N that freezes randomly I cannot figure out what the issue is no matter what I do or read in Event Viewer System - Intel i m GHz - GB DDR GB Samsung MHz - GB Western Digital WD BPVT HDD - Intel HD NVidia GT M GB - Windows Pro x Maximum temps achieved while running AIDA System Stability test using both GPUs and CPU at degrees Celsius Maximum GPU temp in Furmark degrees Celsius Maximum CPU temp in Prime degrees Celsius Cooling system has been cleaned and fresh thermal paste has been applied namely Gelid GC-Extreme The system passes all diagnostics but N5110 freezes Inspiron Dell all diagnostics passes Dell Diagnostics quick amp full Dell Pre-Boot Diagnostics AIDA System Stability Test h Gold Memory amp MemTest Furmark Prime basically anything you throw at it The freezes occur usually during normal operation browsing the web browsing the hard drive downloading files using your browser The biggest number of freezes occurred after a fresh install of Windows and using Firefox IE to download the nVidia drivers Steps taken Dell Inspiron N5110 passes all diagnostics but freezes - Updated BIOS from A to A latest - Installed fresh Windows - Upgraded nvidia drivers from to - Upgraded Intel Centrino Wireless driver - Upgraded power adapter from W to W - Used system without battery - Used system with Intel HD Graphics disabled then with nVidia graphics disabled - Formatted hard drive - Installed Windows - Change SATA mode from AHCI to IDE and back - Disabled and Enabled intel SpeedStep Technology - Disabled and Enabled USB Charging And despite all this it still freezes randomly There is no BSOD no nothing The hard drive just stops the mouse cursor stops and the laptop does nothing but display the last thing I was doing on it Please help me with this issue I have provided full windows logs log collector archive They are small since the windows instalation is h old Please let me know if you need anymore info and I will try to get it ASAP

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 passes all diagnostics but freezes

I think I may have found the issue. I took the laptop apart again and I noticed that the thermal pad that covers the PCH was missing. The keyboard's metal frame was touching directly on the intel PCH.
I noticed some high temperatures on the PCH, namely 77 degrees Celsius and I thought I should check it. Seems whoever took the laptop apart last time, forgot to put the thermal pad back on.
I'm gonna mount a new pad and post back the results.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54895-dell-inspiron-n5110-passes-all-diagnostics-but-freezes.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi
I have formatted my laptop and done a fresh install of Windows 8 x64 Release Version (from MSDN), and I am unable to connect to the internet. My laptop picks up the wireless with no problems, but whenever I try to open a webpage I get the message - "You are not connected".
Other PC's and device connected to the wireless are able to access the internet with no problem and my laptop was previously able to connect when it was running Windows 7. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong?
Thanks!

A:Windows 8 - Dell Inspiron N5110 - No Internet Connectivity

Hi friend!
Maybe try reinstalling your wireless drivers, if you remember what they are called. Contact your Laptop's manufacturer or look up your model.
I hope you get it fixed!

And welcome to Eight Forums!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/9464-windows-8-dell-inspiron-n5110-no-internet-connectivity.html
Relevancy 82.99%

When going to update using Dells data safe it says missing recovery partition. Is there anyway I can create it without losing any data/files already on laptop. Thanks guys

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 has missing recovery partition.

Well the problem is actually on Dell's part not yours and is rather easy to solve. Actually the recovery partiton is hidden so the old version of Data Safe is unable to detect it. Let's solve this problem niw:

1. Open MyComputer, Click on C: drive.
2. Open Program Files (x86)/Dell DataSafe Local Backup/Components/DSUpdate
3. Click DSUpdate (an .exe file shown as type "Application") (You must be connected to internet)

4. It will update from version 9.4.40 to 9.4.4x (where x > 0)

5. It did something with the partition.
6. It will tell you to "reboot". Restart the laptop.
7. Then launch Dell DataSafe Local Backup.
8. This new version will detect the partition and enable you to make recovery discs.
9. You will need two DVD's and it will take approx one hour to create the recovery discs.
Hope this helps !

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/237520-dell-inspiron-n5110-has-missing-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi
Iam asking for a link to download Dell Webcam Central for Inspiron 15R N5110 ... please
thanks

A:download Dell Webcam Central for Inspiron 15R N5110

Hi Brunovks,
You can download the Dell Webcam Central directly using the following link.
http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe
You can also check the following link on more information on downloading dell webcam central.http://dell.to/PnoPRh  
Please reply for any further help.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19476545
Relevancy 82.99%

I know this isn't actually a graphics card issue, but most people who have an n5110 and could only either disable the display adapter or hook up an external monitor thought it was a graphics card problem, so I have posted it here (this is the category I've been lurking in).

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [Canada]

There is a BIOS update for the n5110 that should fix the problem! It has been many months of frustration and waiting and now it seems like we will finally be able to use out laptops at full resolution.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but according to others it has.

There is also supposedly a BIOS update for the Vostro 3550 that fixes the same issue.

Windows 8 RTM and Dell Inspiron N5110 - Microsoft OS Forum - Software & Operating Systems - Dell Community

Good luck to all my fellow n5110 peeps!

A:Dell Inspiron n5110 Fixed! (Vostro 3550 as well)

i cant download to test anyone got the file?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/9301-dell-inspiron-n5110-fixed-vostro-3550-well.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a Dell N5110 with a failed hard drive. I bought a new hard drive, reinstalled Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I then downloaded all the drivers from dell. I followed the Dell recommended install order. After all the drivers are loaded, I go to Device manager and it says I am missing a network controller driver and I am unable to access wireless. I press function + F2 and I can turn on the wireless, but I am unable to add a wireless network.
I have tried numerous network drivers from the dell site - doing a win reinstall before trying a different driver, but none are working. What am I doing wrong?
I have reformatted the machine again (for the 5th time) and I have no drivers currently installed. Where do I go from here?
Thank you!

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 Wireless Network Controller Problem

Is the Wireless Network Adapter recognized in Device Manager and showing as working properly? Don't go by the lights on your laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/259947-dell-inspiron-n5110-wireless-network-controller-problem.html
Relevancy 82.13%

When loses N5110 sleep power Dell Inspiron mode, into not go does I try to put my Dell Inspiron N laptop into sleep mode the screen goes dark and it looks like it's going to sleep But the power button stays lit and the two small outer Dell Inspiron N5110 does not go into sleep mode, loses power edge lights on the front display stay lit I can hear the motor whirring too and it's clear the laptop is actually on and using losing power I am unable to get it out of sleep mode A long press of the power button will get the computer powered up but I am immediately taken to the quot Windows did not shut down correctly quot screen and given the option to start windows normally or in safe mode To fix the problem I've tried doing a system restore to a restore point before the problem started That didn't fix it Today I scanned the hard drive motherboard and various other hardware and everything passed I did Dell Inspiron N5110 does not go into sleep mode, loses power a virus scan and no threats were found Any ideas what's going on and what I can do Dell Inspiron N5110 does not go into sleep mode, loses power to fix the issue Specs for the laptop Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit GB RAM Inter Core i

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 does not go into sleep mode, loses power

How long has the problem been going on? If it's within the time you have available System Restore point try rolling it back.

Sleep problems are mostly Display driver issues, so make sure your driver is up to date: First enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3) to run all Important and Optional Windows Updates, with reboots, until there are no more when you check..

Then check the Dell Support page for your Tag number to try the latest driver there.

If all available drivers don't work, then work through these Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums.

Establish a Clean Boot, check for errors at time of Sleep in logs, utilize System Resources from the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

You can troubleshoot Sleep issues in Power Options by setting Sleep to 1 minute and Hibernate to 2 minutes to observe these timeouts behavior. I'd also try manually Sleeping and Hibernating from the Shut Down button. You want to test Hibernate too because it is an even better method to Sleep.

If all else fails trace the cause by Gathering a Startup, Shutdown, Sleep, Hibernate, or Reboot Trace - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310023-dell-inspiron-n5110-does-not-go-into-sleep-mode-loses-power.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have had quite a few problems with my Dell laptop, but this one is baffling me. I get 8 beeps right on start up, but instead of there being an error message or a black screen the computer is running just fine. But the 8 beeps keep happening while I am on the computer. Can you please help me figure out what is wrong?

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 with Window 7 home premium problems

Hi and welcome to TSF 8 beeps points to a display issue how old is the machine and does it have a warranty if not how comfortable are you with opening it up

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-inspiron-n5110-with-window-7-home-premium-problems-632720.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi I have a new Dell Inspiron N laptop with Windows that Computer Repair N5110 to trying fix (corr Inspiron Dell option in Your works fine I made System restore discs using Dell trying to fix Repair Your Computer option in Dell Inspiron N5110 (corr datasafe local backup and I wanted to check out how could I restore them As per the manual I pressed F while booting the system and came into some advanced boot options menu I selected Repair your Computer option and got a message that said quot Windows failed to start blah blah The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I checked various posts and confirmed with bcdedit that my bcd settings were absolutely fine I assigned a drive letter to the recovery partition to check the files pointed to by the recovery section in the bcd I found that the winre wim file referenced in Recovery WindowsRE winre wim was byte in size While all the files seemed to date to the laptop purchase date only this file in the entire recovery partition had a recent date and coincidentally that date time coincided with my first Windows Update Anyways now I want to get that Repair your computer option working back Is there any way to get the winre wim file from another N or from the Dell Win DVD

A:trying to fix Repair Your Computer option in Dell Inspiron N5110 (corr

Of course if you have access to another N5110 and you indeed find that it has a correct winRE.wim file you can copy that file to your recovery partition and try.

But..... why don't you contact Dell India Support and put the problem to them given that your new laptop should still be under warranty and free technical support.

From my experience their Customer Service has been good and prompt and never evasive and derelict. They should be able to guide you correctly and properly to resolve your issue. I would rather advise that you take recourse to it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/218491-trying-fix-repair-your-computer-option-dell-inspiron-n5110-corr.html
Relevancy 82.13%

i am using Dell Inspiron N5110. I am using the dell original battery and charger. when battery is fully charged. Just after 2 minutes it shows replace battery. it decreases very fast. when it reached up to 3-5 minutes remaining. but actually it last almost an hour. but it keep saying 3 percent remaining or 5 percent remaining, is it battery issue or i should need to update bios. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989145
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron N model Laptop It is not under warranty now Adapter. Inspiron N5110 unplugging after down Dell shuts the Power My laptop shuts down after - seconds of disconnecting the Power Adapter from the Laptop The issue is seen like this - When the Battery is fully charged or has some charge The laptop gets ON and works fine until the battery gets discharged When the Battery is about to finish the charge or anytime I connect the Power Adapter to the Laptop it shows that the battery is charging Now when the battery is about to get fully charged Or let its charging Somehow the power Dell Inspiron N5110 shuts down after unplugging the Power Adapter. gets off or I unplug the Power Adapter from Dell Inspiron N5110 shuts down after unplugging the Power Adapter. the Laptop then the Laptop gets abnormally shutdown after - secs Now Dell Inspiron N5110 shuts down after unplugging the Power Adapter. If I press the Power button again to make the Laptop ON I am not able to make it ON If I connect the Power Adapter again then press the Power Button i am able to make the Laptop On But the lights in the front panel of the laptop shown a orange light that blinks I even brought a new battery of Dell and still i face the same issue Kindly Suggest me what can be done Regards Saswata Debadutta

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 shuts down after unplugging the Power Adapter.

Hi Saswata,
Please provide following details:
1. Did you buy the battery from Dell or is it a third party battery?2. Did you perform any hardware change apart from the battery?3. Is it an issue that has started after replacing the battery?
Thanks & RegardsManshu S#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click here.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19539057
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi there, I am using Windows 8 on Dell Inspiron N5110 15R laptop. I had to upgrade my BIOS so as to install and use the most recent operating system, Windows 8. I was Windows 7 user and had to clean install Windows 8. In Windows 7, I was very much familiar with safe mode, but today, when I booted Windows 8 into safe mode (Using PC Settings, Advanced Startup etc.), and I selected "Safe Mode With Networking" on restart, and then a blue Windows logo appears with waiting dots circling, and after that the screen is just black, and even after waiting for quite some time, it is still there, as it "freezed". If you guys know the solution and can help me solve this issue, I'll be very much grateful. Thank you for your time reading this. I look forward to your opinions and suggestions. Thanks.

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 15R freezes on Safe Mode(Black Screen)

When you say clean install, I hope you deleted all partitions as part of your installation; yes? Anyway, a screenshot of your partition structure might provide additional information that could be useful in evaluating you current situation:

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28605-dell-inspiron-n5110-15r-freezes-safe-mode-black-screen.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello!I've problem with my dell inspiration n5110 laptop. At the beginning there was sometimes a screen like below, but now I've it on every turn on. I haven't changed anything in BIOS, so it could be the power adapter problem? Which one should I buy to test it?I have all original parts in my laptop.I'm little surprised about this 130W Adapter. Could I buy dell adapter with params 19,5V 4,62A 90W or should I look at the 130W?

A:AC power adapter problem in dell inspiron n5110 - screen inside

Hi,
I have a problem with my Dell inspiron n5110 laptop. After turning it on I have a message like below:
All parts in my laptop are original (from Dell). I think that could be a problem with power adapter or with battery. My battery:
What should I do with it? Change AC power adapter? Update BIOS/change BIOS settings?Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984086
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,
My dell Laptop after diagnostics has showed following error -Error code 2000-0151, Validation-15493.
although on Dell it shows I need to replace Hard disk.
do I need to replace it how best can I save my data ?

Pls help

A:Dell Inspiron N5110, Error code 2000-0151, Validation-15493

Yes, from other posts on the Dell forum and other sites about this error, the drive will need to be replaced.

You MAY be able to get data off of it, by installing it in an external USB drive, or by connecting it as a second drive in a PC system, but no guarantees that it will work. Depends on how the drive has failed.

This is a very good lesson backing up at a minimum user data to some external media. Backups are not for IF the drive will fail, but backups are for WHEN the drive fails.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362071-dell-inspiron-n5110-error-code-2000-0151-validation-15493-a.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Can someone please tell which RAM will work and set perfectly for DELL Inspiron 3542 Core i7 4th Gen Laptop. (Already has 4GB installed in it)

I want to buy from FlipKart(Because of Cash on delivery) Can someplace please look up FlipKart and suggest me the right RAM??

If you find from Amazon.in also fine. As long as it's Cash on delivery. (If no COD, then also let me know.(

Thnx!

A:Buying 4GB RAM for DELL Inspiron 3542

I've always used---

Welcome to Crucial USA

to find my RAM upgrades.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56220-buying-4gb-ram-dell-inspiron-3542-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey

Ive been browsing the web for new games that have come out that i want to buy and have checked compatability on system requirements lab but thay all seem to fail on the graphics card front. I have a ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 (ATI Radeon Xpress Series (0x5975)) according to the lab. What do you guys think is the best card for me to get on a medium budget? for use with gaming that will fit in my Dell inspiron 1501

Cheers

Oli T:rolleyes:

A:Buying new Graphics card for Dell Inspiron?

I had a quick look at dells and they don't sell upgrades for video cards for inspirion 1501. also nothing at ebay so you may have to with this card or try to contact dell and ask the support.

mscrx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-graphics-card-for-dell-inspiron.91568/
Relevancy 72.67%

Okay, so as the topic title implies, for the life of me, I cannot figure out which motherboard model I'm supposed to get for this Dell Inspiron 1300 here. Only info I have is that it has the Centrino sticker on the palm rest of the case, and I also have the service tag, but that doesn't seem to give me much information from what I've found.

I've taken the motherboard out of the thing and looked it over, but no luck, as I don't see the model number on it.

Will someone please tell me how I'm supposed to figure out the motherboard model number so I can get a new one?

A:Dell Inspiron 1300: Bad motherboard, but which motherboard do I order?

You can search by the service tag number

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1300-bad-motherboard-but-which-motherboard-do-i-order.135108/
Relevancy 67.51%

please someone tell me!

A:What motherBoard does a dell inspiron 1150 have?

Hi

Dell use propriatary boards for their machines, that is they are built for Dell by a 3rd party company, why do you want to know,?

If your after drivers go here, you will need to enter your service tag or you can choose by model.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-motherboard-does-a-dell-inspiron-1150-have.67874/
Relevancy 67.51%

I don't know if AMD FX 8320 is compatible with DELL Inspiron 580 motherboard

A:DELL Inspiron 580 motherboard support AMD?

Famouslava
I don't know if AMD FX 8320 is compatible with DELL Inspiron 580 motherboard
Famouslava
No, the Inspiron 580 only supports Intel socket LGA1156 processors, not AMD.
The Inspiron 570 supports AMD processors.
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995392
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi ,
Please someone respond. Dell experts if you are seeing this please respond I am in great need of help.
I am a owner of this dell laptop inspiron 1564 and service tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> and its motherboard is damaged . I live in Mumbai India. And the dell sales point is not helping me fast enough to find a new motherboard. How do I order a new motherboard mind a new one and not refurbished one from dell a original one with guarantee and every thing and all legal docs. ?
Please someone respond. Dell experts if you are seeing this please respond I am in great need of help.

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 motherboard

vikashitb,
I cannot verify if the motherboard is new or refurbished. Below are the part numbers for the motherboards in your computer. Depending on your configuration. You will also need to call Dell Spare Parts Sales in India. The first number in the list below are the Dell Part Number. The sales number in India that I located is Sales: Call 1800-425-4026 / 080-2510-8026. You can click the link below for Dell phone numbers. 
Dell India 
F4G6H  PWA,PLN,OEM,NBK,UMA,1564  Motherboards  PWA Planar  Motherboard Assy,UMA,1564   
6T28N  ASSY,PWA,PLN,1G,DISCR,1564  Motherboards  Assembly, PWA Planar  Motherboard Assy,Discrete,Park-1G,1564 
4CCPK  PWA,PLN,NBK,DIS,1564  Motherboards  PWA Planar  Motherboard Assy,Discrete,M92-512M,1564  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991576
Relevancy 67.08%

Here s my problem Yeah so I replaced my fan b c it was really loud and it was off it s rotar I opened my Dell Inspiron B and replaced it it was working fine except for a blue screen that came up BSOD but then I restarted it and it was fine It was running fine until my computer froze and then I pressed Ctrl Alt Del and then when that didn t work I pressed Fn standby thinking it d fix the problem but then Dell B130 Dead Motherboard Inspiron I ended up pressing the power button and shut down the computer Now that I try Dell Inspiron B130 Dead Motherboard to turn it on it doesnt turn on at all The power light and the three lights at the top of the keyboard flash green and nothing happens I checked everything all of the connections and everything like times I m hoping I didn t screw up my computer I really need help with this I think it s a power problem And hoping it s not a motherboard problem b c it s not turning on at all I recently found out that the motherboard is fried I just wanted to know if there s anyway for me to fix a dead fried motherboard looking at my laptop motherboard nothing seemed to have blown been fried It may have been static electricity I m not sure Thanks I d appreciate any help I can get nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron B130 Dead Motherboard

Gorcon said:

: Yeah, so I replaced my fan, b/c it was really loud and it was off it's rotar The power light and the three lights at the top of the keyboard flash green and nothing happens. .Click to expand...

Usual cause is a badly seated component caused when you stripped it down to replace the fan, restrip the laptop and make sure any boards are pushed in correctly and any wiring looms are seated securely.

Gorcon said:

: I recently found out that the motherboard is fried. .Click to expand...

Was that before you posted this or after it which makes the thread incidental/

Gorcon said:

: I just wanted to know if there's anyway for me to fix a dead/fried motherboard, .Click to expand...

Not unless your an expert with a soldering iron and a test meter and a degree in laptop mainboard repair.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-b130-dead-motherboard.108079/
Relevancy 67.08%

I m trying to replace the motherboard in my AIO Dell Inspiron One Since I ve never done anything like this before I m following the User Manual exactly I just ran into my first problem The manual simply says quot Disconnect all the cables from their connectors on the system board Well Inspiron Replacement One 2020 Motherboard Dell that s not been as easy for me nbsp as it sounds I m hoping someone with prior experience will reply with a tip trick or suggestion My problem is I can t get the cables out of the connectors on the motherboard With the exception of the hard drive and optical drive cables there s not much to get hold of I don t see any mechanical catches that need to be released I assume I should not pull on the wires just the male connector that is attached to the wires I assume I should not use tools but I m considering the use of needle Dell Inspiron One 2020 Motherboard Replacement nose pliers unless someone can offer me a better suggestion I hope there s someone out there whose done this before and can offer helpful suggestions Thanks

A:Dell Inspiron One 2020 Motherboard Replacement

Shelquis,
You just need to sometimes be a little forceful if the cable is stuck. Maybe squeeze the sides of the cable connector when pulling up.
Here are some tools you may need as well.
Phillips screwdriver • Hex nut driver • Plastic scribe

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992044
Relevancy 67.08%

I had an interesting problem, and there was a previous unanswered, but CLOSED post that discussed the same issue here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1060893-solved-laptop-cutting-out.html

I wanted to add to this. It seems that through trial and error that the motherboard/power supply is shorting out on a screw on the base of the unit. In particular, the two screws that are NOT on the edges, but towards the center of the laptop. I left those out and the laptop runs fine. I put them in, and I have no power at all. No lights, no fan, nothing on either DC or AC.

Just wanted to add this info in case anyone else comes along with a similar issue.

A:Dell Inspiron N5050 Motherboard short

p.s. I also left out the screw in the battery compartment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-n5050-motherboard-short.1081754/
Relevancy 67.08%

I had to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 530. I got one that was pulled out of an Inspiron 530S. Now I need to change the service tag. Since my product is too old and Dell isn't able to help me, does anyone know a way so I can get the right service tag on my new motherboards?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19988503
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there,
My Dell Inspiron laptop had an issues the other day which might to get a blue screen of death and then crash. I since tried to turn the laptop back on however, it was getting 8 beeps and staying on a black screen. Sometime it would boot and login before the black screen would appear. Usually, 8 beeps would mean the display has gone however, after further testing and research i feel that the motherboard needs replacing. I am therefore looking to replace the motherboard however, I'm not sure which one to get. The part number for the one I have now is: 0VX53T but I am unable to find this anywhere. I've seen one on eBay (part number: Y6Y56) - would this be compatible? Here is the link to the one I've seen:

Thanks,
Priy

A:Replacing Motherboard - Dell 15R Inspiron N5010

Hi priypriy,
We need to isolate if the issue is with the LCD screen or system board. I would suggest you to connect the system to an external display to check if the system is able to project on it.
Also, Please private message us the system service tag so that I can check the system configuration and let you know the part number. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992516
Relevancy 67.08%

does anyone know what is the fastest CPU i can put in this laptop
I'm assuming its a pIII
Intel sl643 1 GHz in it now
and just wondering why when i go to system info it says 1.7GHz ???
i have it apart, i might as well see if i can upgrade the CPU
thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 4100 motherboard CPU upgrade

the mobo may be overclocked. Without an exact motherboard model #, it is hard to tell what can go in your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-4100-motherboard-cpu-upgrade.139710/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, 
I have replaced a faulty dell motherboard with a Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV new one.
The chasis connector for power button is compatible with the original motherboard, but i need to know which pins placed where, so i will be able to connect them to the new motherboard. 
Gigabyte have this in the manual: 
where can i find the same from dell motherboard?
Thanks!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992789
Relevancy 67.08%

I own a Dell Inspiron 7000 PII processor. There is something clearly wrong with the motherboard and I need to replace it. Since I just got a new computer I'm interested in doing this my self. However, I have never done this type of work on a computer. Is there any place I can go to get a manual to repairing/replacing the motherboard? Is there any soddering involved for this type of laptop (it seems like most parts are snapped/clipped or scewed in)? any info/insight would be helpful.

A:Dell Inspiron 7000 motherboard installation

Here you go: http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?cat=sup&s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k=Dell+Inspiron+7000&x=5&y=8

You probably want the General Disassembly doc which is about halfway down the list.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-7000-motherboard-installation.330429/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I have a Dell 6400 Inspiron Laptop. It all of a sudden stopped holding a charge. I thought it was the charger. Got a new charger and it still doesn't work. I was told it is the motherboard? Could this be the problem? How do I what product to buy to try to replace it? Where to buy? Is it worth trying to replace it or buy a new laptop?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a college student with little money and can't afford to spend lots to fix my computer. It is only 2 years old and of course, just ran out of warranty.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello all. Pretty simple question. Quick back story, have a 2006 Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop...was not charging battery... technician said it's not a DC jack issue (he put in a new one)...it is the section of the motherboard where the DC jack is that does not "know" when the adapter is plugged in.

So with that said, I want to take a crack at replacing the motherboard (I know I am crazy). Is there a specific model # of a motherboard that I need to look up or how does that work? If a model # is needed, where would that info be located. I am hoping the info is not in the laptop because it's dead. Thank you for your help...

A:Solved: Dell Inspiron 6400 Motherboard model?

Dell Part Number: MD666, available from many third-party online suppliers. Example below:

http://www.portables.co.uk/lp/49317-18-0/Dell-Inspiron-6400---E1505-Laptop-Motherboard---MD666.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-inspiron-6400-motherboard-model.1042446/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello My computer won t load has a yellow light on mother board When I won't Dell light on yellow motherboard, Inspiron 530 boot turn it Dell Inspiron 530 yellow light on motherboard, won't boot on the light on front is yellow then turns blue and there is one beep The screen shows Diskette drive seek failure Press Dell Inspiron 530 yellow light on motherboard, won't boot F to continue F for set up No Boot device available SATA - installed SATA - installed SATA - none SATA none Also tried F to boot from disk using Vista Installation Disk Get same Diskette screen then pressF I get the boot menu and select boot from CDROM It starts with Windows loading files bar across botom of screen then it stops and Windows Boot Manager screen comes up saying windows failed to insert insert installation disk and restart computer This is also on screen File windows system boot winload exe Status xc Info The file is possibly corrupt Its headerchecksum does not match computed checksum I also tried a Bootsuite disk that brings up theNo boot device availble screen Both of the disks work in other computer I also tried putting in a new hard drive no change

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401348/dell-inspiron-530-yellow-light-on-motherboard-wont-boot/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am a novice to repairing hardware but have been expanding my skills recently tried repairing a broken dc jack on my mom s Dell Inspiron laptop I had no previous soldering experience but thought I d done enough research and watched enough YouTube videos to motherboard Inspiron soldering advice for 1501 Dell Need get the gist problem is I tried out different soldering Need advice for soldering Dell Inspiron 1501 motherboard irons and couldn t really make a dent in getting the existing soldering off of the component and board The rd iron I used was an Elenco -watt soldering station temp turned to max I tried soldering wick Chipquick adding new solder you name it I tried it Nothing would get this stuff to budge like in any video I d watched What am I missing In doing research for a better iron I have only seen suggestions to NOT go over watts yet this didn t do the trick What gives I did eventually get the solder off and attempted to solder on a replacement jack but when I plugged in the laptop it tripped the circuit on the AC adapter so obviously there s a bad connection I threw in the towel and ordered a replacement board off of Ebay which ended up having a bad RAM socket ARGH I m now mustering the courage to attempt a repair of the original board if it s even still good at this point but I don t know where to go from here regarding the right soldering iron solder etc Any tips or advice for working on this type of board I did read something about motherboards with an Intel Pentium CPU or after greatly affecting heat dissipation or something but I did see guys online successfully doing this like it was cake nbsp

A:Need advice for soldering Dell Inspiron 1501 motherboard

Can you post an photo of your soldering?I'm not sure if I can help, but an image might help us understand what you are looking at.

I solder quite often, and have done repair work such as you are attempting. I do know it is easiest to when there is only one solder joint to contend with. One joint such as a wire you can pull the wire as you heat and once hot enough the wire will pull free. Several solder joints are a different ballgame. There are two choices, and one choice I've never had the equipment to do so. Heating every join at the same time, can be done by blowing hot air across the component. I've never had the equipment for it, so I've been left with the choice of cleaning each joint one at a time. I noticed this is how you were attempting solder removal.

Solder tips must be clean and prepped for use. A trashy tip can cause an insulated barrier and prevent heating of the solder joint. Always tin your tips with a tad of solder before you ever use it the first time. If you don't tin your tip, you will always have trouble using it.
Pre-heat the tip so you are not waiting and possibly causing damage to the solder joint and/or component. Spending too much time on a solder joint is never a good idea. You want to heat the joint as quickly as possible without heating everything else.
On removal with the wick, the wick needs to be just as clean as the solder tip or it will not absorb any of the solder. A little bit of soldering flux may help the wick absorb. But if the wick has already been used, it is doubtful it will work again.
Soldering flux is always helpful when soldering joints back in place anyway. Especially on surfaces that have not been soldered previously. It doesn't take much, a finger smear is plenty sufficient. however on multi-strand wire you will want enough flux to absorb into the strands of the wire.
Don't bubble your joint, all you need is a slim joint connection. More solder will do nothing for the joint. Watch for solder beads, that can unexpectedly drop off your tip cause shorts.
One last piece of advice, soldering is no different than welding metal. Solder will not stick unless both surfaces are heated. If you only heat one side of the joint, solder will not stick to the other side. It's usually a better to try and heat the larger surface first as the smaller heats up more quickly. It's the timing of both surfaces that you want heated at the same time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-for-soldering-dell-inspiron-1501-motherboard.195091/
Relevancy 65.79%

I want to put one more RAM.
I have find the model Samsung 4GB DDR3-1333MHz (M471B5273CH0-CH9)
I want to ask if i can to put something else better?

A:Inspiron N5110

If you mean faster, no - the memory speed on the system is determined by the processor and chipset. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982867
Relevancy 65.36%

please I need help on locating the eeprom chip on my dell inspiron 6400 laptop motherboard. Anyone have an idea plz. The system bios is locked with a password.

Thanks very much

A:Motherboard location of Dell Inspiron 6400 eeprom chip

Good luck. A very difficult fix unless you are skilled in cold solder.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-location-of-dell-inspiron-6400-eeprom-chip.85588/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all just a quick fyi for anyone wanting to install Windows on the N like me Although it is not supported by Dell it doesn (15R) 10 N5110 Windows Inspiron t mean you can t do it Just that you re on your own if you break something Kinda like when I replaced the none-user-replaceable HDD with an SSD Currently my nag screen tells me I can t upgrade just yet and looks like this I wanted to see if it would run anyway so used the Media Creation Tool nbsp to create a USB installer and went for it I m pleased to say that hardware-wise everything works fine Sound USB webcam integrated and discrete graphics VGA and HDMI outputs WiFi CD drive eSATA port Bluetooth are all working which is a minor miracle However I was unable to get Windows to activate I kept getting an error saying that the product key was invalid This was using both the key written on the bottom of my machine and the one I pulled from the registry on Win Windows 10 Inspiron N5110 (15R) using Belarc nbsp other tools are available which for some reason where different from each other So for now I have rolled back to Win and I will stay there until the normal migration route works via Windows Update Rolling back from Win to Win is incredibly easy and takes three clicks for anyone wondering Let s hope there is an official way to do this properly soon

A:Windows 10 Inspiron N5110 (15R)

I did three of our computers yesterday.
My XPS 8500, my daughters Alienware X51, and my other daughter's N5110.The N5110 would not do sound to save my life,I tried everything I could think of.I was up on all of the drivers and BIOS.
I formatted and went back to Windows 7 for her till I can research it some more.Not sure why the sound wouldn't work.I would love to try it again but don't want to have to format and go back to 7 again if the sound fails again.Any thoughts?
(Oh an my keys were different from what Belarc said too. Odd)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19643512
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,
More and more often (almost every day, now), my Inspiron 15R N5110 will freeze and, sometime, get a blue screen, and shut down completely. Windows 7 is up to date. BIOS not updated (5 years, now, I think).
Should I update the BIOS to A11 (the last one) ?
Any concern with Win-7 ?
Any concern with AVG (virus protection) ?
Any clue or your experience wil be appreciated,

Marcel

A:Freeze on Inspiron 15r N5110

PCIMPOTS,You can update the bios on the computer. You may want to consider formatting and installing Windows 7 on the system. Getting a Fresh Windows Installation will more than likely resolve the issue. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19992431
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello, i have a INSPIRON N5110 95WVLR1
From factory with Core i5 2450M and GeForce GT525M, BIOS version updated to A11
I want to change my CPU to the i7, i think about 2670QM but i don't know which i7 processor will work with my motherboard and BIOS?
I know that i need only Sandy Bridge and TDP is higher.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19977473
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all,
Does anyone know if it's possible to use the monitor of an Inspiron N5110 as part of an extended display (a secondary screen) rather than being the primary screen? And if I buy an adapter for the VGA port in the back, is it even designed to let signals in?
Thanks in advance!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19990394
Relevancy 65.36%

Replaced CMOS seemed to initially fix it but after they got it back.
No video n a constant 4 beep sequence n a small between each set
Reseated memory sticks, started logged in to laptop it worked for
About 6 hrs then started the beep sequence again; no video,but all other lights come on
Should I just new memory or new board

A:Inspiron n5110 please assist

4 Beeps indicate a RAM fault. So faulty RAM, improperly seated RAM, or faulty motherboard RAM slots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inspiron-n5110-please-assist.1115470/
Relevancy 65.36%

Ever since the last Windows update (running Windows 10) my laptop has said it isn't charging. I've been using it regularly and the battery power just stays exactly where it is. When I unplug and use it, it drains like it normally would, and when I plug back in, it just maintains whatever percentage it got down to.

Do I need a new battery or AC adapter? Help please

A:Inspiron 15R N5110 Says it isn't charging but it is

I like to suggest you try the steps in the video below for a possible fix.
www.youtube.com/watch

I also like to suggest you check the status of the AC adapter and battery in the BIOS. Please follow steps below

A) Power off computer (make sure AC adapter connected to computer and battery as well).
B) Power on computer, quickly tap the F2 key continuously. You should be in the BIOS screen.

In the BIOS, go to the Advanced tab and look for battery health, it should say "This Battery Is Performing Normally'. If there's any other message, it mean the battery is faulty and need a replacement. Look under the main screen and look for AC adapter type. If the adapter says Unknown or None then it's a problem with adapter

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19742531
Relevancy 64.93%

I have removed my bad motherboard. I want to replace with correct part number and install. Where is the location of the part number on the board for replacement?

A:where can I find the location of my dell inspiron 17r n5721 motherboard part number.

Look near the memory sockets for a number beginning with CN-0....   -- the five digits after the zero are the Dell part number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996111
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi everyone I have a dell inspiron n5010 and have changed the motherboard,when i went to connect the hard drive the connection on the new motherboard was different than the old one.
Here are some photos

A:Dell inspiron 5010 motherboard wrong connector for hard drive

Did you order the motherboard from Dell ?

I`d call them

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/396809-dell-inspiron-5010-motherboard-wrong-connector-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I apologize in advance if this topic is not in the right forum I am having serious issues with my Dell Inspiron with XP bit Media Center Edition I bought a Seagate Inspiron crashed... crash motherboard also? 1520 drive did Dell hard gb rpm hard drive about months ago and got a message this morning saying quot read failure on internal hard drive quot I am pretty sure it died as I ve slaved the hard drive to another computer and it s not being recognized but the motor is still going On to my main question here How Dell Inspiron 1520 hard drive crashed... did motherboard crash also? do I know that it s not the motherboard that has gone out I ve been having problems here lately with my quickset drivers as well as my video card drivers but I thought that problem had been resolved I ve also been infected with countless virus s and trojans as of late even though I have anti-virus programs malware programs I had the quot google redirect Dell Inspiron 1520 hard drive crashed... did motherboard crash also? quot for the past month and was finally able to get it off just Saturday My motherboard crashed about years ago and was replaced under warranty I ve read that the motherboards in this particular model are crap I am worried about my motherboard as I put another hard drive in the computer and I just kept getting BDOSs but it was too fast for me to see an error code This hard drive is configured for Vista bit and is for a different model Dell and different motherboard so I am not sure if that would make it not work My second question would be if I had to replace my motherboard would I have to go back with OEM equipment or could I upgrade it and how would I go about seeing what is compatible Any help is much appreciated as I am not so great with hardware problems nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 1520 hard drive crashed... did motherboard crash also?

There's no reason to think it's the board.
Did you make a warranty claim on the drive?
Did you install XP on the replacement drive, or just try to use it as is? A repair install may solve the problem, but a clean install would be better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1520-hard-drive-crashed-did-motherboard-crash-also.152240/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a dell inspiron laptop n5110 and just this morning it boots up fine but when I press administrator to click onto the desktop nothing happens it won't load nothing...I've restarted it a couple times and still the same thing. I have no idea whats going on if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

A:inspiron n5110 can't click onto desktop

Hi ;Please start your computer in safe mode with networking.(when you turn on computer tab on F8) In the safe mode create a different account under ControlPanel\User Account\Manage other Account and selecet administrator for new account.Logoff from administrator account then login your new account and check your startup item ( click on start button above start button in the search box type MSCONFIG and press enter.Go to STARTUP Tab and uncheck unrecognize items.Also you may use your anti-virus software to scan all user account in the new user.Please let us know. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inspiron-n5110-cant-click-onto-desktop.1072169/
Relevancy 64.5%

My AC adapter and battery are both good. also replaced the cmos battery. However when i plug in the AC adapter to my N5110 the green light on the charger goes out and still nothing. I have replaced the charging port for 8.00 more dollars still the same issue. I cannot afford to replace anymore parts on a dead laptop that i am still paying off. The right hinge is broken also but that i can super glue. Any suggestions? Please Help I cannot Afford a 300.00 replacement motherboard. I have spent thousands on Dell laptops and desktops and software please HELP.

A:Inspiron N5110 wont power on at all?

The mainboard needs to be replaced.  They run between $100-150 -- not $300 (unless you need to have a shop replace the board, where you can add another $100 to the parts cost for labor).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996948
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello all,
I recently got an Inspiron N5110 as a gift. I had asked for an i5 or an i7 processor, but instead I got an i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20 GHz.. I was wondering if I would be able to replace the i3 with an i5 or an i7, and if so, what, if any, other changes I would have to make to my computer, such as RAM, etc. I will post the information below, and if any more information is necessary, then please request it.
 OS: Windows 7 Home Premium- SP 1 Processor: Intel Core i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20 GHz RAM: 4 GB System Type: 64-bit OS
Thanks a lot!

A:Processor Swap- Inspiron N5110

System should take both i5 or i7;  that said, upgrading the CPU will void the warranty.
A mid-range i5 will run about $250;  an i7-quad, about $600.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19502794
Relevancy 64.5%

How do you update the BIOS on an Inspiron N5110 without a charger?  I have downloaded the installer N5110A11.EXE from Dell, and run it from an elevated command prompt using the line
N5110A11.EXE /forceit
but each time I do so a message box appears with the text "Error: unknown command".  Is there a different command syntax that works with this BIOS installer?
Background
I have an Inspiron N5110 that is not charging the battery and will not run off the charger.  I have tried several chargers that work with other Inspirons.  I have replaced the power jack board, and that did not fix the problem.  Reflashing the BIOS seems to be the only remaining approach to take.
Note that the laptop is running Windows 7.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988453
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 that when turned on will beep 8 times.
The display LCD will turn on as well as power button light, but no Dell splash screen or anything else. Just 8 beeps over and over and over until I turn it off.
I have tried to boot the laptop up with and without the battery pack, with a different power convertor, I have tried to re-seat the RAM sticks and none of that works.
I tried to boot into the Diagnostics with F12, but the beeps start before I get a chance.
Does anyone have any ideas or know what the 8 beeps means on this model laptop?

A:Inspiron N5110 - 8 Beeps at startup

Hi IntecIT,
The Dell Inspiron N5110 might emit a series of beeps during start-up if the LCD cannot display errors or problems. The 8 beeps on this model indicate an LCD failure. However, I suggest you to try connecting a known good external monitor and check if it works (If available).
Do reply with your findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19516391