Windows Support Forum

Z600 with dual X5680 CPU

Q: Z600 with dual X5680 CPU

Hey there! I got a later spec Z600 WS here that came with dual X5650 (TDP 95W).I made a good deal and got two X5680 (TDP 130W), and tryed to install those to the WS.System tells me, that the CPU installed needs too much power, and the System got halted. Is it a Problem with the Heatsink, because of the fact, it is to small (for TDP <95W), or is itrealy the mainboard, that just can't take the X5680 Xeons?I googled a lot and found some Z600 running on those CPUs, so what's the deal? I already tryed to bridge Pin 1 and 5 of the Heatsink-Fan Connector to simulate a Performance Heatsink,just to test if it would boot, but that did'nt work.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Z600 with dual X5680 CPU

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Z600 with dual X5680 CPU

First, I don't see your new processor type listed in the latest QuickSpec for the Z600 I looked up this morning..... version 51, which lists your current X5650 but not the X5680. There is a hot X5647 listed (at 130W max TDP) but the other higher performance processors are all 95W. So, there must have been a 130W cooling option for the Z600, and I'd presume it is the same as used for the Z800 (see below). Also, the Z600 must be able to provide 130W to each of its two processor sockets. I checked with the Z800 QuickSpecs (v56) and don't see the X5680 listed there either. The latest QuickSpecs, however, often do not list all processors that were listed previously. The now-unlisted ones will still work, and you can go back through the HP QuickSpec archives for your Z600 to see if the X5680 was ever officially listed. If it was then it surely should work. A HP engineer I trust fully has let me know that there are some cases in which a processor that was never officially listed will work. Let's just say that will be a rare exception. Maybe you have found one of those processors? The X5680 processor has only one sSpec code, SLBV5, and can be bought new now from Intel for $1663.00 each. On eBay you can buy that processor today for about $200.00 each, USD, used. It is encouraging that you can get to the point of boot that the motherboard rejects your heatsink/fan combination, because my experience with truly non-listed processors is that they won't even get to that level. Flat zero progression into boot. So, I'd buy one of the "Performance" heatsink/fans from eBay, and the Alan guys there have almost 450 in stock at a fair price, new. That is a US source, and I have bought from them in the past many times, with never a problem. Buy one for about $50 and test with that and a single X5680 in place. The wiring trick..... that jumper wire should work if HP is using the same motherboard sensing method for detecting presence of a performance heatsink/fan as was used in the xw8600, but who knows? This performance boost is worth spending $50.00 more on at this stage of the game to get an official Performance heatsink/fan to experiment with. For example, perhaps HP added to the motherboard the ability to detect the larger 92x92x15mm heatsink fan rather than the regular heatsink's 80x80x15mm fan. Take a look at this link, for more details on the Performance heatsink/fan that I believe you need. Those have been available on eBay for a fair price, new and you can find that via searching for part numbers 463991-001 and 535588-001: Z800 Performance heatsink larger fan Here's a picture of the performance heatsink/larger fan for the Z800, and likely exactly what you need for your Z600 project. All my references indicate these are identical, but the Z400 performance fan is different. Note how this heatsink/fan is shifted leftward on its mounting plate, when viewed from front (the fan side). The Z400 performance heatsink/fan is not shifted leftwards because it is a single socket motherboard and has a fair amount of room around it on both right and left sides. Thus, the performance Z400 heatsink/fan will not fit on the primary socket of a Z600 but this one below will. The performance Z400 heatsink/fan will however fit on the secondary socket of a Z600 with a little bending down of its rear air deflector plate at its bottom. You can see pictures of that Z400 performance heatsink/fan elsewhere in the forum. I'd make sure you have the latest BIOS installed, and also confirm in BIOS that you have the latest revision of the motherboard by checking the boot block date. It sounds like you'll have already done all that. If one of those X5680 processors works then the other will too, assuming you have two good processors. You'd just need to buy another of those Performance heatsink/fans. Finally, if you get this to work please do contribute back to the forum by letting us all know what happened. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-with-dual-X5680-CPU/td-p/5082965
Relevancy 22.79%

During the PC Gaming Show, which ran for a mammoth two and a half hours at E3 2015 last night, AMD CEO Lisa Su briefly appeared on stage to show off another Radeon graphics card that the company only briefly...

Read more

A:This is AMD's dual-GPU Fiji graphics card

These days for a blue-chip company to bring a PCB on stage like this is a dark day indeed.

Imagine Apple showing off a circuitry for their next iPhone, and just how pathetic that would be...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-is-amds-dual-gpu-fiji-graphics-card.215093/
Relevancy 19.78%

AMD was excited to introduce a family of true next generation GPUs at their E3 event today. The Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 Fury and R9 Nano are enthusiast oriented graphics cards based on the Fiji architecture that will sit...

Read more

A:AMD announces Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 Fury and R9 Nano GPUs; also Project Quantum, a dual-Fiji SFF PC

Custom form factor requirement makes Quantum DOA. White box manufacturers won't touch it..only the Alienwares and the like will even give it a shot and they won't move enough units to make it viable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-announces-radeon-r9-fury-x-r9-fury-and-r9-nano-gpus-also-project-quantum-a-dual-fiji-sff-pc.214880/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have my house wired for separate gigabit Ethernet networks I want to create one network let s call it quot A quot that everyone can get at for backups AV files etc That network would have specific physically separate hard drives in the Win server I want to then create a second network let s call it quot B quot that is only for SOHO stuff It too would have physically separate drives in the server Can I do that Also do I 7 Create 2 NIC Networks? - Dual Can Machine Win Diff. I need anything special with the dual NIC arrangement I can use a Dual NIC Win 7 Machine - Can I Create 2 Diff. Networks? x dual NIC or get a board with dual NIC s And of course I have different gigabit switches as well I am guessing one network would need to be X and the other X which is fine The main thing I want to do is make sure that the hard drives assigned to network A can t be read or altered by network B and vice-versa As a matter of fact I don t want A drives shares visible on the B network or vice versa What do I need to do in terms of IP range static or DHCP subnets drive assigning etc I ve never tried something like this before I don t want to do something like give drive shares different passwords because all that does is create quot forbidden fruit quot and such If Dual NIC Win 7 Machine - Can I Create 2 Diff. Networks? the drives are never seen they are never wondered about Thanks for any thoughts nbsp

A:Dual NIC Win 7 Machine - Can I Create 2 Diff. Networks?

Yes, it's doable. The layout (wiring) can be two variation:

Code:

(A)
modem == router----pc----NAS/hd's
|
+------- other devices

(B)
modem == router1---- pc
|
+---- router2 --- other devices

Whether wired or wifi connected, the controls are similar - - which layout to you favor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-nic-win-7-machine-can-i-create-2-diff-networks.209011/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I am in need of 2 monitors for normal use school and some business. is there any recommendations anybody have? in budget nothing more than 300 and also towers

Thanks for the help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors.208639/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am thinking about getting a docking station. But I am a little confused on what the advantages or disadvantages or using either. Or should I just stick with using my software?

A:Dual vs Single SATA Docking Station, for Clonging

I have a copy station which takes two hard drives and have found it easy to use and reliable. The only drawback I've noticed concerns the relative sizes of the two drives. There's no problem copying from a small hard drive to a larger or equal sized SSD drive. You can then use software to rearrange and resize partitions. However, if you have a large hard drive and want to copy to a smaller SSD drive it's not possible. Mind you it is a few years since I bought my copy station so that may have changed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-vs-single-sata-docking-station-for-clonging.204876/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all I no the title of this topic maybe hard to understand, basically im in the market to be upgrading from z77 to a newer z97 board, I have a few in mind that range from $180 all the way to $400, and when it comes down to it, it is the pci express lanes. I'm currently running dual 7970s and I noticed a lot of motherboards run 2x8x with dual video cards but some boards will run at 2x16x, so I was just seeing if anyone can tell me if theirs a big diff between running 2x8x and 2x16x with crossfired cards. thanks a bunch!

A:Dual 16x vs dual 8x pci e motherboards for graphics cards

No real difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-16x-vs-dual-8x-pci-e-motherboards-for-graphics-cards.203321/
Relevancy 22.36%

Greetings my fellow technologists I have routers and internet connection and want to set up a second wireless network using the Dual 1 Internet Creation with connection Network DDWRT same internet connection for VPN purposes The routers are Router A TPLink TL-WR N non DD WRT flashed Router B Linksys E DD WRT flashed Router A is connected directly to my company s network and works fine broadcasting DDWRT Dual Network Creation with 1 Internet connection its own wireless network BENMAO BENMAO s Router A configuration settings are below LAN IP LAN MAC BC-D - - - - A WAN MAC SAME WAN IP WAN SUBNET WAN GATEWAY WAN DNS I have connected Router B to Router A via Ethernet cable Port on Router A to INTERNET port on DDWRT Router B but get no internet access on Router B using DHCP with Automatic settings I am willing to change any settings and experiment to produce connectivity on the second network BENMAOVPN but don t know what to change in the protocol settings and there is very little information on Internet DDWRT forums It seems there are multiple DHCP DNS and IP conflict issues which I don t really have a good grasp of here The DDWRT router Router B is highly customizable but I admit I don t know whether to set is as an Access Point Client Bridge Bridge Repeater or Ad Hoc but I know I do NOT want to quot cascade quot the routers into wireless network Also Router B probably needs to be set to function as a Router rather than a Gateway When I replace Router A with Router B its just plug and play everything works fine and I can actually put all my devices on a wireless VPN so setting up the wireless VPN is not the issue its just getting Router B to accept the signal from Router A So bottom line is I need to know how to set Routers A amp B to share the Internet signal from Router A to Router B and then have Router B broadcasting a DIFFERENT network Thanks for any help in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddwrt-dual-network-creation-with-1-internet-connection.202411/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I have a really really crappy Graphic Card GT 610 (Ik just dont) And so does my brother. My brother is getting an upgrade and is giving my his Graphics Card GT 610 aswell
Is there a way to Make them work together so I will finally be able to play NORMALLY?
What do I need to buy to make this work if it worth it?
I have a really low budget of 100$ and I am from Israel so if it costs in USA 100$ it means that here is costs about 220$ (Ik HOLY ****) Because if it costs more then I will simply get a new card

Tnx for the helpers!

A:Dual Grapchics Cards

You can't SLI them but maybe you can use one for physx.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-grapchics-cards.201762/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi just wanted some conformation advice on what I plan on adding to my network at my house Currently I have a BTHub router and a TP-Link AV nano powerline adapter going from the router to the other side of the house where my room is because I receive little if any wireless signal to my room as it is very far away from the router What I plan on adding is CAT e gigabit cables Dual Router Situation going from my routers gigabit port through the powerline adapter to the WAN port on a TP-Link TL-WR ND Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Port Cable Router and then a third gigabit cable to my PC and a normal CAT cable from the TP-Link router to my XBox I wondered if a BT will allow a second router on the network b If I setup the SSiD Dual Router Situation and password for the new TP-Link to be the same as the BTHub will wireless Dual Router Situation devices get a seamless transition between both routers or if that is not the case and the routers will have to have separate SSiDs and passwords The main reason I plan on doing this is because currently to connect my XBox and my PC to the router though the powerline adapter I have to switch the cable around which is a pain so I though I should get a port switch to connect them both at the same time but then I thought I should try to future proof it a little and I should go Gigabit but a port Gigabit switch is almost the same price as a gigabit router which should give me wireless connectivity to my room and this side of the house Please try to make things as simple as possible as networking is most definitely not my strong point Also for any non-gigabit connections I will use the normal CAT cables that came with my powerline adapter originally Thanks -hopgop nbsp

A:Dual Router Situation

Or would it be better to get an 8 port gigabit switch and a wireless range extender? Which would be easier / the most efficient? I am currently leaning toward the wireless range extender option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-router-situation.201227/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi guys! I'm new here and bought a notebook for maybe a week ago and I have some questions. I found out that my computer haves two GPU's and it is one integrated and one dedicated (dedicated is better) how do I switch to my dedicated one? I have High Perfomance on Battery and also in the Catalyst Control Center and I don't see no difference. I tryed to disable my Integrated graphics on Device manager and the dedicated didn't work (error 43). I updated the drivers over the HP site and over the AMD site. How do I fix so I only use the dedicated gpu?

My Specifikations :
HP 15-N001SO/A4

Windows 8 64-Bit (will soon upgrade to 8.1)

AMD APU A4-5000M @ 1,5 GHz

4GB Ram (3,64 Available)

AMD Radeon HD 8330 (Integrated) and 8670m (Dedicated)

Here are some pics :
​ ​

A:Dual GPU help

I wouldnt disable the integrated GPU since AMD has something called dual graphics, which combines the power of the integrated GPU with that of the dedicated GPU. Is there any reason why you would want to disable the integrated GPU? Are you getting bad performance? The dual graphics will help with battery life also since it will switch to the low power (iGPU) when tasks are not too demanding. Also, are you gaming?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-gpu-help.200695/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have these cards on a fast Dell T with GB RAM and they are FLAKEY They came with Wesson Active Adapters but the AMD guys said to get ACCELL so now I have ACCELL adapters At first monitors worked then then Since does not work at a contiguous desktop I - for No AMD AMD support 8 W7000 Dual from monitors have dropped one fro the matrix within Windows still have connected AMD tech support is a JOKE For MONTHS before the Holidays their phones many times said quot Can not connect to support at this time quot and this was in the advertised business hours for tech support A few times I did get through there were people there who had no idea what what going on had RCV and kept finger pointing to quot software on your machine quot And yet I have been running with NVIDIA or AMD cards on this machine for over a year with no problem I got the W for speed well that part is OK the four that work are fast But it would be nice if they all worked Duh Lat week for instance I had a talk with a AMD person named Dan who told me once he heard my story that there is a ligh level guy named Charlie Dual AMD W7000 for 8 monitors - No support from AMD who really really wants to work on my case but Charlie is busy now and will call me at AM Monday morning I was here at this morning and no call In fact after an hour I called AMD and the message was AMD tech support does not open until AM At I called and got some poor guy who barely knew up from down very polite though and made all kinds of excuses for Charlie like Charlie was not available Charlie works in another building I have never seen Charlie I can not get in tough to Charlie I can leave a message for Charlie but I can not tell you if or when he will call you Insane I feel so let down by this company Someone should report them to the FTC and whatever bases of information possible to stop people form getting bush whacked by this AMD quot company quot nbsp

A:Dual AMD W7000 for 8 monitors - No support from AMD

Ok so if I am reading correctly this is the card you purchased correct?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195118

Now then, you have two of these running in one machine im assuming X-Fired together so you can output on 8 displays. So the way im reading this (please correct my if im wrong) you have 8 display port adapters going to 8 different monitors (Display port to HDMI, DVI, or what?).

So here are my questions:
Which monitors have dropped off (Which card or both and which ports)?
Do you have the latest Catalyst for the Workstation cards running?
What version of windows are you running?

Here's a couple of quick things you can do to try and get all 8 working and ill see if I can't figure out the issue with you:

Try disabling eyefinity and running every monitor as an independent display.
Try rebuilding eyefinity in the control center and see if it detects all 8 monitors

One thing is that display port is designed to hold more than one monitor per port, im guessing you are using the DVI connectors since they came with it. My advice would be instead of using every port on each card, buy some of the dual display port adapters and use only the top card to run eyefinity, using 2 cards for multiple displays tends to run into issues at times especially when connecting such an extreme amount of monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-amd-w7000-for-8-monitors-no-support-from-amd.199168/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys im not sure what the problem here or if this is supposed to happen I have the latest AMd drivers for my video card I have checked direct x version and every thing and im not sure where to go now google hasnt helped much I was wondering if you guys knew what a solution could be here is my specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC BIOS InsydeH O Version CCB F Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX the main problem is as you can see in the pic below is everything is n a and there are no driver details either Could this cuase slight graphics problems when playing games and such nbsp

A:Dual graphics card showing up as N/a DXdiag

firz3h said:

Hi guys im not sure what the problem here or if this is supposed to happen. I have the latest AMd drivers for my video card I have checked direct x version and every thing and im not sure where to go now google hasnt helped much. I was wondering if you guys knew what a solution could be.

the main problem is as you can see in the pic below is everything is n/a and there are no driver details either. Could this cuase slight graphics problems when playing games and such?

View attachment 77579

also not sure if it installed correctly as it shows up like this in device manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-graphics-card-showing-up-as-n-a-dxdiag.198839/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey everyone I idle monitors display Dual PC after anything won't occasionally is ve been having a recent issue with my monitors and it s really been stumping me lately I recently acquired a nd Yamakasi x monitor from South Korea I love these things and while the monitors themselves are working quite well I ve been having an issue since I connected the nd one Occasionally maybe - of the time when the PC has been idle for long enough that Dual monitors occasionally won't display anything after PC is idle the monitors have turned off when I come back to the PC and move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard the monitors turn back on and I am promptly greeted with a black screen on both however it appears that there IS a signal as the monitors turn on and remain on however that signal is just a blank black screen I ve got both monitors beside each other and the one on the left side is plugged directly into the dual link DVI port on the back of my master in my crossfire configuration The right-side monitor is plugged into an active displayport to dual link DVI adapter which also requires a USB port for power When I notice this black screen effect I also notice a small thin blueish bar spanning the height of the right monitor at the far right side of the screen this bar looks about the same thickness as the side edge of an open window in Windows but I ve never been able to tell if that s what it is or not UPDATE Upon closer inspection of the quot blue bar quot I can now tell that it doesn t look quite the same as the Windows side edges of a window It does span the entire vertical length of the screen it s about - pixels wide fairly bright blue and the far left or right seems to be random as to which it is column of pixels is a brighter blue than the rest Also the line isn t QUITE at the far edge of the screen it s offset from the edge by about another - pixels When I get this black screen effect the mouse cursor will never appear and no matter what I do including pressing control-alt-delete nothing else will ever appear on the screen If I press the power button I can see and hear my PC doing the usual process that it does when Windows goes through a normal shut-down which is the current setting for the functionality of the power button and then it turns off like normal Upon restart the issue is gone of the time until the PC is left idle again except that the right-hand displayport adapter monitor is not recognized by Windows upon reboot until I unplug and replug it I m running Windows Professional and I just freshly reinstalled Windows on a blank solid state drive within the last two weeks It appears to me that Windows is still running just fine since it seems to shut down normally and it looks almost as though the black screen is a huge window that is stretched almost fully across my monitors with only the far right edge visible and without any way to interact with this window However I also wonder if it could be an issue with the dual link display port to DVI adapter because every single time upon restart of the PC after this issue occurs it only recognizes the left side monitor and won t recognize the right one until I unplug the adapter from the displayport and reinsert it Obviously I don t want to be unplugging and replugging my monitor on a daily basis so I m wondering if anyone has heard of a similar problem or what I could possibly do about this Thanks in advance everyone nbsp

A:Dual monitors occasionally won't display anything after PC is idle

Update: I've discovered that usually the problem can be solved by unplugging and replugging the displayport adapter while the PC is on, but only if the aforementioned "blue line" is present on the right-hand screen when I move the mouse. Yesterday, I had a similar issue except that instead of turning back on and detecting the PC's video signal which is just a black screen for both of them (with blue bar on the right one), the monitors (both of them) refused to even acknowledge that there was a signal coming to them at all and wouldn't even turn their backlights on or wake from sleep mode. Even when I hooked up 2 different monitors using standard DVI-D single link or dual link cables, I still could not get any video signal to output at all, to ANY monitor.

Turning my speakers on, I found that I could hear the Windows 8 "device connect" and "device disconnect" sounds when I unplugged or replugged either of my 27" monitors, but nothing at all was heard when attempting to switch to other monitors. This tells me that Windows IS detecting and seeing the monitors, but somehow the video signal is just not reinitializing properly after the computer turns the monitors off after idle time.

The only solutions I've got at the moment are to set Windows to NEVER turn my monitors off, or to shut down the PC every single time I'm done with it; neither of these solutions are particularly pleasing to me. Please let me know if anyone has any advice at all, even if it's just an idea that may or may not work out.

BTW my PC specs are:

2500K currently at stock settings
16 GB Patriot DDR3-1333
MSI Z68A-GD55 B3
2x Radeon HD 7950 also currently at stock settings
120 GB Vertex 3 (OS/main apps drive)
1TB WD Blue
1TB WD Black
1000W Cooler Master modular PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-occasionally-wont-display-anything-after-pc-is-idle.196256/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi All

I am running a Windows 7 PC with a Nividia NVS310 Graphics card which has 2 DVI inputs.

I currently have a 22" BENQ screen connected to one of the DVI inputs, but would like to install another older screen which uses a VGA lead. (An old HP unit supplied with the original PC)

The graphics card does not have this facility but the base unit does have the option to connect via VGA.

Questions is am I am to configure the system to recognise both the DVI connected screen through the graphics card and the VGA connected screen running through the standard base unit into a duel screen set up.

I look forward to your responses, thank you in advance.

Steve

A:Dual screen set up inquiry

NVIDIA NVS 310

Specifications:

# of Connectors - 2
DisplayPort - 2
Single-Link DVI-D - 2 (using DisplayPort to SL-DVI Cable Adaptor)
Dual-Link DVI-D - 2 (using DisplayPort to DL-DVI Cable Adaptor)
VGA - 2 (using DisplayPort to VGA Cable Adaptors)

Normally you can not use the on-board graphics while the card is connected. Installing a card will generally disables the on-board graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-screen-set-up-inquiry.195875/
Relevancy 22.79%

I'm having a problem with my laptop, it seems to have a massive drop in performance. I have a AMD Athlon II M300 (2.0Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache) dual core processor. After noticing the lack of performance I checked my windows base score (crude I know) and the score has reduced from 5.7 to 2.9 (it's pretty much halved) The laptop struggles to do medium powered applications and I'm thinking one of the cores has went down (is this even possible?) I've tried using cpu checkers and the speed what comes back is 2.01 ghz, is this right for a dual core, I'm not really sure how it works. Also this test was done directly after a clean install of windows. Any help and advice would be appreciated, thanks. James

A:Dual core processor problem

Check your power profile settings in windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-processor-problem.195267/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys sorry for yet another thread like this but my specs are a tad bit lower than the usual quot is X good for or overkill quot thread plus I barely got any stock knowledge or experience for this gen of cards games my current specs are Windows bit Intel Pentium Dual E ghz GB RAM GT GB Coolermaster Extreme Powerplus w Samsung inch x and I plan to either get a or however I just realized the might be overkill for my res already and besides my Dualcore might bottleneck it also and I d prefer on saving rather dual core? with fine already 1366x768 7750 and than getting the fastest I can especially since I also think I need a better processor So do you think this setup plus a to replace the enough for somewhat current games excluding the real machine hogs that aren t really that good like 1366x768 already fine with 7750 and dual core? Crysis like say Tomb Raider Far Cry or Skyrim will be good enough I don t really need to max these atleast get fps medium high no AA low 1366x768 already fine with 7750 and dual core? shadows on any of those because this can t even do that nbsp

A:1366x768 already fine with 7750 and dual core?

The CPU will bottleneck the GPU either way. You wont be able to play C3 on high settings, maybe not even medium. C3 is one of the most demanding games out right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1366x768-already-fine-with-7750-and-dual-core.195527/
Relevancy 21.93%

I ve only had my PC for about a year now and it s been going slower by every passing month I ve never installed anything E218 Dual Pentium slower running Core than rated on my PC except games from Steam and Windows Update stuff and graphics card Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated drivers from the official AMD website My Intel Pentium Dual Core E GHz is now running at GHz I always keep my PC clean and virus Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated free yet for some reason the CPU has slowed down a lot and games that I used to play before are almost unplayable now A friend suggested that I might have to update my BIOS but he also said that up and it could ruin my PC forever and I ve got just as much PC experience as a turtle has speed I recently upgraded to Windows -bit from Windows XP -bit but my CPU still remains at GHz I ve never overclocked or fidgeted with anything on my PC I sometimes carefully hoover out the dust on my CPU but I already had this problem a while before I hoovered my CPU When I m on my desktop my CPU temperature is always at around C in-game it s around C so it s not overheating I hope you can help -Love Panda nbsp

A:Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated

Try changing your power settings. I would switch it to high performance mode. Now, what are you using to monitor your CPU ? Are you getting these figures while the computer is idle or doing simple tasks? It could just be down clocking itself because of speed step.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-e218-running-slower-than-rated.190364/
Relevancy 22.36%

Morning guys,

I recently set up my system with dual monitors.
I'm quite a keen gamer so what I've been doing is playing games on one screen and then streaming video (youtube, iplayer, tvcatchup, etc...) on the other one. I have noticed a slight decrease in FPS while playing games.
Now I know that the graphics card now has extra to do than it used to.

So my question is what part of the card is having the issue, is it the GPU or is it the VRAM or even both?

I currently have a HD6870 1gb, I was looking to upgrade shortly anyway so I was thinking if it is the VRAM I will make sure I get one that has more than 1GB,

Cheers

A:Reason for performance decrease since dual monitoring

Hocknose said:

So my question is what part of the card is having the issue, is it the GPU or is it the VRAM or even both?Click to expand...

Both. Although you're still only gaming on one screen so the slowdown shouldn't be too severe (watching videos isn't that GPU intensive). There's many programs out there which lets you check your GPU activity and VRAM usage in programs, personally I use MSI Afterburner.

If you're looking to upgrade then pretty much all current generation mid range cards have 2GB of VRAM or more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reason-for-performance-decrease-since-dual-monitoring.189981/
Relevancy 22.36%

I ve got two monitors a Dell SE WFP and a MICROTEK c My video card is a Asus Radeon HD and I m trying to connect them using an adapter splitter cable The video card supports a HDMI DisplayPort and a DVI connector My splitter s end piece is a DVI then it goes to a VGA and another DVI The Dell is a DVI the Microtek is a VGA The with monitors adapter/splitter Trouble dual using an problem is it only picks up one monitor Here s what it looks like in the Screen Resolution As you can see it shows there s two Dells being listed If I unplug the dell on startup and let only the microtek load up Trouble using dual monitors with an adapter/splitter the screen is there but when I plug in the dell afterwards it turns off the microtek and leaves just the dell on There s no drivers available for the Microtek so it labels it as a generic nopnp monitor could that be the issue I ve tried also messing around with AMD Vision Engine Control which is my video card s software Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Trouble using dual monitors with an adapter/splitter

You can't display two different video feeds using a splitter. You need to buy another monitor and use two physical outputs on your graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-using-dual-monitors-with-an-adapter-splitter.189924/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

I have searched the internet trying to work out if it is possible to use both a DVI connection and a VGA connection to set up dual monitors but I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere.

I have a nVidia Geforce3 graphics card which has DVI, VGA and an S-Video connection and I just want to know if it is possible for me to set up dual monitors as I want both my computer monitor and my TV screen hooked up at once.

Thank you for any replies!

A:Dual monitors: DVI and VGA

Yes it should be possible to hook up via different connector types. I've used hdmi and dvi for tv and monitor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-dvi-and-vga.187986/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just built myself a new computer & W7 SSDs XP boot Dual using I have a Samsung GB SSD as a Windows HP boot drive - Sweet and fast I have a legacy Canoscan Lide scanner that has no driver support for W I installed VMware player and installed XP Dual boot using SSDs XP & W7 pro so I could use the scanner but have not been successful at getting it to work I have tried to connect to the scanner in VM and get the message that the scanner is being disconnected from the host but then fails to load the driver in the VM I m not opposed to tinkering with it in the VM some more I suppose I could create another VM and install Linux which would have scanner support My next thought was to use an old Intel V GB SSD as a second drive with XP pro for a dual boot system My question is whether the TRIM function in W will monitor the nd drive with XP Will the utilities from Intel or Samsung keep the V functioning smoothly Is it a worthwhile use of the V Any general thoughts discussion on this Thanks Monton nbsp

A:Dual boot using SSDs XP & W7

Upgrade (one option is Windows Anytime Upgrade) to Windows 7 Professional and then use XP Mode. XP Mode has better integration with the OS than other VM's. Another solution would be to simply replace the scanner. Either option would be less headache than dual booting in the long run.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk you out of dual booting. I personally think you would be happier by replacing the scanner and not having to deal with Dual Booting or managing VM's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-boot-using-ssds-xp-w7.187434/
Relevancy 18.49%

Can I change my motherboard from single channel to dual channel Is decided by the bios? Acer x1700 desktop. thanks

A:Single channel to dual channel

That depends on whether or not you have a matching set of dual channel memory installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/single-channel-to-dual-channel.186999/
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently got a zte g n290 phone,TV phone, but its locked to a particular network/ service provider. I got some info on how to unlock it and did, before I did it said invalid sim but now it goes through and now it searches and then says Emergency / select a network. I've tried other codes and stuff.
If there is any other way that I can do this please inform.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unlock-dual-band-phones.185172/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey y'all,
I'm having a problem with my dual monitor setup. On my secondary screen I'm only getting a resolution of 1360x 768 when I should be getting a resolution of 1680x1050. Ubuntu is reading my computer as a laptop (don't know if this affects it). I'm using ubuntu 12.04 with a nividia GeForce 7100 Graphics Card. I've tried installing different drivers and changing the xconf file but still no go. Anybody have any idea of a fix?
Below are images of my nvidia x server settings/configuration/display configuration.

A:Dual monitor resolution problem

From my experience, dual monitors need to run at the same resolution for the seamless extension
which allows BOTH screens to appear as ONE canvas. The other option just replicates from a->b
and imo is kind off silly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitor-resolution-problem.184905/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hewlett Packard Compaq Presario SR 1000
Microsoft Window XP
Home Edition
Version 2002, Service Pack 3
2.19Ghz, 1.00GB of RAM

ACPI Uniprocessor PC
AMD Athlon ? 64 Processor 3700+
NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache?

Hello,

I wish to connect a second monitor to my PC desktop.
My current monitor is a LCD, Plug and Play monitor, manufacturer: standard monitor type, model WJ1780PI, D-12055 - one straight wire, (please see attachment numbered 1) connecting to a VGA port.

There is also another VGA port, (see attachment numbered 2). However I tried taking out the VGA cable from slot 1 and slotting it into slot 2 and it came up that there is no signal?

What would be the best way to get around this. Would a VGA splitter work??

A:Advice on how to set up dual monitors

The VGA port that you have there marked as "2" is the Integrated graphic cards VGP port and it does not work together with the one that is marked as"1". If you want to connect one more display to that graphics card then you will have to use the connectors on the right side of the "1" VGA port. Sadly tho the s-video and the RCA there are mostly used to old projectors and TVs.
So I would say that you will need to get a new graphics card (GPU) to get more displays connected.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-how-to-set-up-dual-monitors.183295/
Relevancy 23.22%

What is the least expensive way to add a second monitor, not including cost of monitor

A:Dual monitors

All you need to add a second monitor is a graphics card with at least two display ports (which most do). Two DVI connections is recommended but you can use DP or HDMI as well. The desktop can be configured and arranged after through your video card's control panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors.184392/
Relevancy 22.79%

My system is one month old, or something. I assembled it together with a friend. Since 1st day, CPU-Z does not report dual channel with my DDR3 Corsair Vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A1333C9 8GB ( 2X4GB ) 1333MHz. The sticks are in the slots the mobo manual recommends (A2 B2).

In the BIOS, I could not find the information if they're in single or dual channel.

My chipset and mobo drivers are all up to date.

Edit: Solved (by myself) . All I had to do was uninstall an re-install a newer version of cpu-z. I'm a hero.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-memory-not-in-dual-channel-why.182412/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi Guys !

I have intel dual core @2.0 GHz processor.I am upgrading my system.For now im going to replace the mobo and RAM.I am going to buy G.Skill RipjawsX (2x4 GB) RAM.So I wanted to know will my system support it.I know the mobo im going to buy will support it.

Thanks in Advance !

A:Does Intel Dual Core processors supports 1600MHz RAM?

t3chn0vamp said:

So I wanted to know will my system support it.I know the mobo im going to buy will support it.Click to expand...

Thats all you need to know, the CPU is irrelevant for selecting memory. The CPU never has dictated the type of memory used. The motherboard either supports the memory or it doesn't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-intel-dual-core-processors-supports-1600mhz-ram.181368/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi there, first post here

My cable ISP assigns two IPs to my account but so far I have only been able to use one of them. Is there any way I could put the second IP to use?

I currently use a Linksys Wireless G router. I've been thinking about adding a switch/hub direct to the modem, and put the router behind the hub, but don't think this is a viable idea. If anyone out there have a brilliant or workable idea could you kindly share that with me please?

Thanks for reading!

Jack

A:How to take advantage of dual IPs?

Very difficult to do, as the default ROUTE will dominate the connections and send
the traffic to that connection.

Many want to do this assuming we could get 2x the bandwidth - - not so

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-take-advantage-of-dual-ips.179375/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,

i understand how to set up dual channels with matching pairs - that is not my question. What i can't find the answer for is this:

If i have a matching pair of 512 = 1g
and a matching pair of 1g = 2g,..

Does it make a difference which pair is in which channel? Should i have 2g in channel 1 and 1g in channel 2, or would this make no difference?

thank you!!

Madilyn

A:Dual-channel RAM -- more in channel 1 or 2? Does it matter?

You can run different stick of RAM at the same time in Dual channel asynchronous, but I think they'll operate at single channel speeds.
If you decide to run in asynchronous mode, I think that it doesn't matter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-ram-more-in-channel-1-or-2-does-it-matter.178524/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi, i got a new 42 inch t.v and hooked it up to my pc. i use the small one for browsing and want to use the 42 for gaming. when i try to start gta4 i sign into RGSC then the game starts to load and just as the game should pop up both screens flicker then i get an error, this is probably due to the trainer i use. i can start need for speed world with no problems but it only plays on my smaller screen, could anyone give me an easy to use guide on how to fix my problem ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-pc-monitors-screens.178725/
Relevancy 22.79%

My girl just got herself a A - M notebook It comes with AMD Radeon HD g AMD Radeon HD m Dual Graphics I m having a hard time understanding how they work Do I have to enable the crossfire somewhere or they re already crossfired out of enable to how dual - graphics Crossfire? APU's the box Is there any kind APU's dual graphics - how to enable Crossfire? of setting where I would decide which gpu is primary secondary or that s just not up to me to decide According to msi afterburner during a game session Trine the only gpu being used is the g while the m just sits there doing nothing Last question and perhaps the most important when downloading drivers on AMD s website http www amd com us products technologies amd-catalyst pages catalyst aspx Under quot find a driver quot tab after choosing quot notebook graphics quot on the first field should I select quot A-series APU quot or quot HD Radeon Series quot on the second field Guys I m completely lost here Any light on the subject would be most welcome In the meanwhile I ll try to get her more demanding games and see if we can wake up the m Thanks in advance nbsp

A:APU's dual graphics - how to enable Crossfire?

did you install the newest Catalyst driver or you just downloaded it? Do the "automatically detect and install"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apus-dual-graphics-how-to-enable-crossfire.178176/
Relevancy 22.36%

i have an emachine et1831-05 and i only have a single core celeron at 2.2 ghz. can i upgrade to a dual core. the mother board supports lg775.

A:Et1831-05 can I upgrade my processor to dual core

It depends on the chipset used in the motherboard, power requirements of the new cpu and the old motherboard's ability to provide that power, and if the BIOS has any limitations added by the manufacture that may supersede the chipset design.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/et1831-05-can-i-upgrade-my-processor-to-dual-core.177801/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all...

I can't seem to get my rig stable ([email protected]) with 8GB (2X4) ddr3 corsair vengeance low profile black. MOBO is Asus P5P43TD pro. It is unstable @ 1.5v @1600MHz.

I have to set it at 1.6v - dropped it from 1.65v - was stable then decided different 2 months later!)

CPU seems unaffected - any ideas?

I am thinking PSU?

A:Voltage problem Q9550, dual-channel DDR3

I think the Vengeance LoPro only comes in 2 voltages 1.35V (White) and 1.5V @ 1600. Try one stick at a time in different slots to rule out bad RAM or RAM slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voltage-problem-q9550-dual-channel-ddr3.177555/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello,
I have an annoying problem and some advice would be appreciated.
My office work PC is a Dell Vostro 410 win 7 and pretty up to date.
ATI raedon 3600 driver 8.850.0.0.
Main monitor is a viewsonic connected to graphics card with a cable and adapter to fit a socket that looks like HDMI but not quire. second monitor is old samsung 17in.

For quite a while when I booted up the main screen was black, if I turned it off and on while wiggling mouse and then quickly clicked a file it would stay on. Last few days when I turned on and off I got a brief glimpse of the desktop before black again.
I have unplugged monitor 2 and the main one works just fine.

Any Ideas much appreciated as I have got used to using 2 monitors and this is a pain.
Ta

A:Dual monitors -- main one is blank on startup

What happens when you boot into windows with only the main monitor plugged in then plug in the second?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-main-one-is-blank-on-startup.177422/
Relevancy 23.22%

Just got a new smartphone today and no longer need the G band on my router. Would like to speed everything up in the house. I know the 192...whatever to get into the router, but how do I change it safely so I don't lose internet

A:How to set dual router to N only?

Typically it's 192.168.1.1, under wireless settings or advance wireless settings. Make the change, apply the new setting. Might lose connectivity to the router briefly as it switches to N only mode. But it is a fairly straight forward process. I've changed my modem/router combo from b & g to g only, didn't have any problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-set-dual-router-to-n-only.175294/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi guys.

I'm thinking of upgrading my Pentium 4 660 3.60GHz processor to a Pentium Dual core E6800 3.33GHz.
Would there actually be any point in changing CPU or would it actually improve performance significantly? Also would my system be able to handle the CPU itself or not?

My system specs are as follws:
Operating System - XP Home Edition SP3
Current CPU - Intel Pentium 4 3.60GHz
Motherboard - GA-8I915PM-FS
ROM - 1x230 GB
RAM - 2GB PNY DIMM DDR 400Mhz PC3200
Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

If you need any other info then please just ask me and I'll let you know.
Hope someone can help please. Thank you.

A:Pentium 4 3.60GHz upgrading to Pentium Dual Core E6800 3.33GHz

I'm absolutely certain you won't be able to do that, period. That newer Pentium Dual Core is not in any way, backwards compatible with your motherboard.

Well, it is the same socket. So, it would go in, but it surely won't run. Intel 915 chipset is 32 bit only. Thus, you couldn't even go forward to Cedar Mill core P-4s, which are 64 bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-4-3-60ghz-upgrading-to-pentium-dual-core-e6800-3-33ghz.174270/
Relevancy 22.79%

i have asrock fatalit1y pro gen3 with 2 lan rj45s

which 1 do i use for only 1 conection please

A:Motherboard has dual LAN jacks, which should I use?

routers/switches with multiple LAN slots for RJ45 make equal use of all slots - -
you can use any, some, or all without concern that there might be differences in the usage.

The WAN slot (on routers) or sometimes the UP LINK on a switch does matter;
they both go to the TCP Source that is to be share via the LAN.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-has-dual-lan-jacks-which-should-i-use.174116/
Relevancy 22.79%

I wonder if EVGA had the official 'okey-dokey' before pushing out this little gem. It handily bests the GTX 580 while sporting 2GB 's of memory.(only 1GB per GPU however). In many situations it will give the GTX 590 a run for its money...actually for about $200.00 less. At the same price as the average GTX 580, this card would seem to be ready to cannibalize sales of both the GTX 580, and 590 if it is made widely available. It's seemingly an odd move, but a tremendous card according to the folks over at PC Perspective

From PC Perspective:

the review can be had here at PC Perspective
:http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-560-Ti-2Win-2GB-Dual-GPU-Graphics-Card-Review

A:EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2 Win 2GB dual-GPU graphics card

The card more than likely has Nvidia's stamp of approval since at the price point it equals enthusiast territory, and like the dual GTX 460 EVGA launched earlier, I think the card is neutered on being SLI'ed with another of it's kind ( strike one). Nice niche card but...
At $500+ it's also going up against EVGA's own GTX 560Ti DS (with similar cooling) that's clocked faster and would certainly have more OC headroom at the same price point (SLI) (strike two)
Like the dual-GTX460 (and the PowerColor dual HD 6870) I wouldn't think the card would see widespread release. It checks the same boxes as the conventional two card setup ( good price/ perf. relatively cool'n'quiet ..but is still saddled with the 1GB frame buffer and 256-bit bus that makes it less than suitable for Surround/ 3D/ 3D Surround (strike three).

I'm actually surprised that EVGA haven't launched a dual version of their GTX 580 Classified 3GB (just for PR's sake at least) and Nvidia probably would frown upon a GTX 570-2Win, but I'm also guessing that the PCB, extra memory and VRM's would make it prohibitively expensive in any case...so given that those two options are off the table, then a dual GTX 560Ti becomes the de facto choice I suppose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-gtx-560-ti-2-win-2gb-dual-gpu-graphics-card.172997/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hallo, i've had this computer since about late 2005, and i'm wanting to overclock it but i don't know exactly how far i can go with it, i'm not wanting to go overboard just give it abit of a boost.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.2GHz

And as far as my computer, here's all of the specs Directly from the HP Site.

h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00620031&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=1847152

i'm currently running on: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

2 Sticks of RAM: 1 Gig DDR2 400Mhz CL3
= 2 Gigs of Ram.

Basically i'm wanting to know how far i can take it(i'm only looking at taking it to maybe 2.5 tho) And what settings i have to put in, Also i have upgraded to a 500W Power Supply And my Graphics card is: GeForce 9800 GTX

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-overclock-a-dino-amd-athlon-tm-64-x2-dual-core-4200.172826/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello there I have just signed up after reading a few other examples on the on Connecting dual monitors desktop computer? my site and I was wondering if I could get some tailored help rather than trying to pick whats relevent to my machine out I have just started a new work placement where I use Dual Monitors and although it isn t a must I would like to have it at home too - not for anything too exhaustive on the system web development etc However I require a little assistance as to Connecting dual monitors on my desktop computer? how I can go about doing this - I will explain where I am at Connecting dual monitors on my desktop computer? so far I have a Windows Desktop PC which I Connecting dual monitors on my desktop computer? purchased about years ago I have upgraded the RAM to GB but pretty much everything is as standard from when I bought it I believe there is a way I can send you a detailed list of my specs but I am unsure of how to provide this - if needed could someone explain the process to me I have attached a picture of the rear of it so that you know what ports I do don t have img imageshack us img jpg I have also purchased to the following adapter amazon co uk gp product B CHQ W because I only have one VGA port but two VGA Cables As you can see from the picture I do have a DVI-D port which I am led to believe I can use However when plugging the DVI-D adapter in - nothing is being detected there s nothing to suggest it is even plugged in at all I have tried various settings on Device Manager Display Management etc all to no avail If anyone could assist me further that would be a great help nbsp

A:Connecting dual monitors on my desktop computer?

are you trying to use both the VGA and DVI at the same time with 2 monitors because the motherboard will most likely only allow you to use one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-dual-monitors-on-my-desktop-computer.172399/
Relevancy 22.79%

Dual port NIC for teaming (desktops) question

Hi,

I am currently learning some basic networking stuff. Is it true that desktop motherboards cannot support NIC teaming using dual port NIC's and that they are for servers only?

Thanks!

A:Dual port NIC for teaming (desktops)

this one StarTech

says:OS Compatibility Windows® 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP (32/64-bit)/ Server 2003 (32/64-bit)/ Vista (32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ 7 (32/64-bit), WinCE 4.2/ 5.0 Linux Kernel 2.4.x and later Mac OS 10.4 (Intel-based) SCO OpenServer 5.0.7/ 6, and Novell​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-port-nic-for-teaming-desktops.172356/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello TechSpot,

I am thinking of dual booting Linux Mint with my Windows 7 OS. I don't have a cd big enough for the installer, and I am thinking about buying a stack of CDs to use for booting. However, I don't know which CD type to buy. I will be using them also for Movie making, file storage, back up and etc..
Which one of these would work?

DVD R
DVD RW
DVD-RW
DVD-RAM

Thanks

A:What type of CD is good for installing Linux or other OS for dual boot?

They're DVD's, not CD's; though you can use them for burning a Linux ISO, it would be a waste of most of the capacity of a disk though. I'd choose DVD-R's.

You can always download Linux live creator and use that instead. You just need a spare 1GB USB memory stick/thumb drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-type-of-cd-is-good-for-installing-linux-or-other-os-for-dual-boot.169327/
Relevancy 22.79%

As of today this has never flickering monitors StarCraft with II Dual been a problem before after I have Starcraft open both of my monitors will start to flicker and eventually leads to non stop flickering until vertical horizontal bars come Dual monitors flickering with StarCraft II out and the audio video both crash leaving me to restart the os hardware seems to be still responsive on however I assume that this is a video card related issue because when my video card was overheating it had similar symptoms However applying some silicon paste has resolved this Dual monitors flickering with StarCraft II relatively recent issue Specs Video Card ATI Radeon HD Driver Date OS Windows XP Bit RAM gb Processor Intel i - quad core ghz Monitor Optiquest Q wb Monitor Acer B w Resolution x When I close SC the problem goes away I assumed this was an overheating issue but that s not Dual monitors flickering with StarCraft II the case I checked the temperatures of both my video card and processor and they re both around degrees celcius I assume this is a video card problem also because since I have two monitors if it was a monitor issue I imagine that only the faulty monitor would be flickering instead of both Software wise nothing has changed since before this problem yesterday Hardware wise everything s still the same After googling for a bit there was a suggestion about having too many things on one outlet this may be the case for me and as of last night I recently added a small fan to the outlet to help cool the room but once I thought of this I turned it off and the problem is still here but I m not sure if it needs to be unplugged I have also installed the most recent ATI driver and that hasn t solved it I have messed with the vertical sync a little bit both on the ATI Catalyst Control Center and on the Starcraft options itself the one on the Control Center doesn t seem to have much of an affect however the Starcraft vsync option reduces the flickering however I would prefer not to have this option enabled and it still flickered froze eventually My ATI settings are pretty default no ATI Overdrive or overclocking of anything I have also checked the connectivity of the monitors to the video card though I have not replaced any cables or hardware If I ve tried anything else I don t remember it please ask for more details if necessary thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Dual monitors flickering with StarCraft II

As you have two monitors of different makes and therefore specs this will be a pain to fix, I fear.
First have a look in msconfig (keyboard window key + R, and type in msconfig and then enter). Check the startup tab and look for any reference to ATI drivers being preloaded - if you see them take the tick out of the box, click OK and restart when prompted.
If that is no good, come back to us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-flickering-with-starcraft-ii.166761/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys MOTHERBOARD Crosshair II Formular - nVidia GeForce CPU AMD Athlon x Dual Core Processor x2 AMD dual-core upgrade Suggestions for Athlon 64 4800+ VIDEO nVidia GeForce a SLi OS Windows Ultimate SP -bit So about a week ago my WD Cravier blue GB internal HDD died on me tried repairing bad sectors with chkdsk r and it said Suggestions for AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual-core 4800+ upgrade no bad sectors found but Dban and other software could not continue because of bad sectors so anyway I ve brought a new WD Cravier Green TB HDD and thought why not do a few more much needed upgrades at the same time so I upgraded my x GB DDR PC - ram to x GB DDR PC - which in total only cost me when compared to Crucial memory quoting me for the GB bundle However i m just wandering if you experts have any other performance upgrade advice Is there a better processor that s compatible with my mobo Am I better off using the onboard GeForce HDMI port or my a Sli How easy is it to multiboot with Ubuntu or ChromeOS oh and one more question that a friend asked me the other day might save me some precious google searching time he has installed win ultimate -bit but has two internal HDD s hooked up master slave but when he boots he gets the choice between quot Windows quot or Earlier version of windows quot i ve told him that he probably still has an operating system on the slave drive and windows is presenting a multiboot screen is this correct p s - Hello Mr Leeky i m sure you ll be one of the first in here lol nbsp

A:Suggestions for AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual-core 4800+ upgrade

37 views and nobody has any suggestions to any of the questions? come on techspot users...be brave!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-amd-athlon-64-x2-dual-core-4800-upgrade.165276/
Relevancy 23.22%

Now this make more sense.

http://www.techpowerup.com/145453/PowerColor-Readies-Dual-HD-6870-Graphics-Card.html

A:Dual GPU 6870

Seems to be the season for dual-GPU. I guess you gotta find something to new release between now and 28nm.
ColorFire are already on the board with their self-proclaimed HD 6890. Could throw AMD's naming system out the window (a 6890 having more perf. than a 6950 for example).
Add in Galaxy's intended dual GTX560Ti and EVGA already setting the table with a dual GTX 460, it makes you hope that CFX/SLI drivers have a better track record in the future than the past.

Will be interesting to see how many of these designs come to pass (EVGA excepted of course).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-gpu-6870.164928/
Relevancy 22.79%

Ok I have a desktop with a 400GB SATA drive. Added 1 300GB IDE drive (grey/slave connector) to my only IDE slot on my Motherboard...so far so good. Tried to add a second 300GB drive to IDE connector (black/master) and I get all the way to the Windows screen just before the welcome screen and then......nothing, does not restart, does not freeze, just acts like it is taking 5 years to get to the welcome screen. Is there some jumper configuration I should try? I currently have no jumpers on either drive. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Also let me know if this is just not possible with only 1 IDE port.

This is what I want:
C: 400GB SATA (Master w/ OS)
D: 300GB IDE (Slave)
E: 300GB IDE (Slave)
Windows XP Pro SP3
Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L
Pentium Celeron 430
512MB DDR2 800MHz
400GB SATA

A:SATA master + dual slave IDE, is it possible?

The SATA hard drive is independent of the IDE drives and master and slave do not apply to it. The two IDE drives connected to the IDE controller on the same IDE cable must have one drive set to master and the other to slave or both set to cable select. Having no jumpers at all will cause the PC to not recognize either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-master-dual-slave-ide-is-it-possible.163666/
Relevancy 18.49%

can i use that fan? they are the same socket.. LGA775.. tnx..

A:Can I use fan of my Dual Core for my Core 2 Duo processor?

It will probably be OK but if the replacement CPU is a higher wattage keep a carefull watch on the temperatures. Make sure you apply new thermal paste when fitting it. Use this free software to watch the temperatures, set it up so it displays the temps in the task bar.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-fan-of-my-dual-core-for-my-core-2-duo-processor.162682/
Relevancy 17.2%

i want to upgrade my cpu from e4300 to e5800? both are lga775 socket. are they compatible on a acer ms600m motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-2-duo-vs-dual-core.162390/
Relevancy 22.36%

I m new to TS so be nice I recently installed wow and at first when i tried starting it up it said your d accelerator isn t working So i asked one of my friends for help he said you don t have a graphics card So i installed this with with dual me Help tmu support card video new choosing a graphics card my friend had just to see if it would help and when i tried starting wow up again it said your video card doesn t support wow plz install one with dual tmu support I also checked out the WOW website for info and it had a list of cards it doesnt support and mine was among them Im not really sure which one i Help me with choosing a new video card with dual tmu support need or which one fits my computer if anyone can suggest a video card that would solve my problem plz help let me know if im missing any info you need to choose a card THX alot sorry for making it so long but wanted to describe as much as possible Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model MIDWAY BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found Help me with choosing a new video card with dual tmu support User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Gateway E Series nbsp

A:Help me with choosing a new video card with dual tmu support

Is this a small form factor or a regular width case? It appears that you need an AGP compatible card but the form factor of the case will make a difference in the card you can get. Also, you might need to upgrade the power supply to match the graphics card but that depends on which card you get.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-with-choosing-a-new-video-card-with-dual-tmu-support.160907/
Relevancy 22.79%

HI chaps n chapesses.
I have a gateway DX4300
AMD Phenom II x4 805
built in ATI 3200
Extra ATI 4350 with dual monitors attached
8 Gig ram, 1TB HD
phillips 244e and a samsung syncmaster 940bw monitors
I dont game but I use many many programs at once, and after about an hour my screen goes blank. then I get a "no video input"
My computer has stopped working but is still on and has to be reset by unplugging otherwise it wont come back with vid working.
Ive had the computer for about a year and never had problems apart from lousy speed until about three weeks ago.
I looked at my windows update list and it says that ATI updated but I cant seem to roll it back.
Help please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-input-on-dual-monitors.161373/
Relevancy 22.79%

what is a good semi cheap? in the 50-80 price range?

AMD processor where can i find one.

A:Cheap dual AMD processor

EBay might be a good place to look for one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-dual-amd-processor.160347/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a Dell Studio xps laptop and a Dell ultrasharp 2007fp monitor. I don't have a cord to connect them. What kind of cord do I need?

A:Help with dual monitors

What model of XPS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-dual-monitors.160265/
Relevancy 19.78%

just received new online purchase PC ordered with core2duo E5400 2.8Ghz and instead has pentiumdualcore E6500 2.93Ghz. Is this an improvement or perhaps E5400 not available and is one better than the other eg. speed and reliability? Thanx I'm a Newbie.

A:Pentium Dual Core E6500 vs Core 2 Duo E5400

Think you made out pretty well on this deal, in addition to the higher cpu clock you also have a faster front side bus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-e6500-vs-core-2-duo-e5400.160333/
Relevancy 30.96%

I am torn between buying one of two Acer laptops Both have almost identical features--RAM HD webcam -cell battery memory card reader and are the same price-- on sale but the processors seem to be the big difference and I would like to know which one you folks feel I should go with I should also mention that the AMD laptop Intel P520 2.3 AMD Pentium Dual-Core dual-core or GHz GHz? 2.0 X2 P6100 Turion also has a Blue-Ray Disc drive and read writes normal CDs and DVDs The only other major difference when comparing specs is that the AMD laptop has an HD CineCrystal LED-backlit TFT widescreen display ATI Radeon HD graphics with MB of dedicated system memory supporting Unified Video Decoder UVD OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range HDR technology Shader Model Microsoft DirectX While the Pentium laptop has CineCrystal LED-backlit display Intel HD graphics with MB of dedicated system memory supporting Microsoft DirectX I ve been driving myself crazy for the past days trying to decide which one to go with and I need to decide quickly as I AMD Turion X2 dual-core P520 2.3 GHz or Intel Pentium Dual-Core P6100 2.0 GHz? m not sure how long they will be at this sale price--and I do have to stay at the range From the many laptops I checked out these seem to offer the most for the money I would truly appreciate your advice Thanks Gina nbsp

A:AMD Turion X2 dual-core P520 2.3 GHz or Intel Pentium Dual-Core P6100 2.0 GHz?

Confused

I'm sorry to bother you folks again, but I noticed that my question had 55 views but no replies. Did I perhaps give incorrect or confusing information, or maybe posted my question in the wrong forum? I tried looking at some of the other similar questions asked, but none seemed to help with my question.

I guess I'm basically wondering that since the 2 Acer laptops are the same price, would you go with the Intel Pentium Dual-Core P6100, 2.0GHz, 3MB L3 cache, or the AMD Turion X2 dual-core P520, 2.3 GHz, 1066MHz Front Side Bus, 2MB L2 cache. This laptop also has a Blu-Ray Disc Drive, but I've read conflicting opinions on whether having this is necessary or not.

Although I consider myself to be an intermediate computer user, I am lost when it comes to processors, and also when it comes to 'dedicated amount of system memory.' I know that 'dedicated' memory is better, but does it make a difference how much there is in different brands? In other words, could the lesser amount of 128MB 'dedicated' in the Pentium still be better than the 256MB in the AMD? I'm leaning toward the AMD Turion laptop because of the higher numbers, but I've read enough to know that you can't always rely on that alone.

I'm sorry to ask my question again, but I've been given a lot of help here at CNET in the past, so I was surprised when I logged on today to see that no one expressed an opinion on which one of the two they would buy.

Any assistance would really be helpful and appreciated.....Gina

GinaPA said:

I am torn between buying one of two Acer laptops. Both have almost identical features--RAM, HD, webcam, 6-cell battery, memory card reader, and are the same price--$499.00 (on sale); but the processors seem to be the big difference, and I would like to know which one you folks feel I should go with.

I should also mention that the AMD laptop also has a Blue-Ray Disc drive (and read/writes normal CDs and DVDs).

The only other major difference when comparing specs is that the AMD laptop has an HD CineCrystal LED-backlit TFT widescreen display, ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics with 256MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD2), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft DirectX 10.1
.........While the Pentium laptop has CineCrystal LED-backlit display, Intel HD graphics with 128 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft DirectX 10.

I've been driving myself crazy for the past 3 days trying to decide which one to go with and I need to decide quickly as I'm not sure how long they will be at this sale price--and I do have to stay at the $500.00 range. From the many laptops I checked out, these 2 seem to offer the most for the money. I would truly appreciate your advice!

Thanks,
GinaClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-turion-x2-dual-core-p520-2-3-ghz-or-intel-pentium-dual-core-p6100-2-0-ghz.160065/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have an HP Pavilion Media Center a n ram Athlon X W GHz Win xp bit media center edition The video card that came with it was Nvidia GeForce LE I put an Nvidia Geforce GTS mb Gddr in it When I bought it way back when I used it for gaming and such Now the computer is just used for work I have monitors hooked up to it for dual view It has dvi inputs so each monitor was hooked up to each input The Geforce GTS just died on me So it is now using the original GeForce LE and using just monitor in the original vga input I want to still use monitors on it using dual view Can I just buy a vga splitter and hook monitors to it while using that original GeForce LE Or will that be too much for it Would I be better off buying another LE view 2 6150 dual monitors on with GeForce Geforce GTS mb or similar Keep in mind that I only use it for web development design work Not gaming nbsp

A:2 monitors with dual view on GeForce 6150 LE

It should work. At work some workstations used a vga splitter with the onboard graphics. Each monitor showed half of a wide angle view. The cursor moved from one to the other by moving the mouse normally. You could open two applications and place one on each monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-monitors-with-dual-view-on-geforce-6150-le.159908/
Relevancy 23.65%

I am building a new PC and I am currently looking at the GeForce GTS 450 clocked to 850 to put in the computer. At this price, $109, I can afford to put two of them in this new computer. I would like to spend around $250 on video card(s), so would I be better off buying two of these cards or one of another card? Which would you suggest?

A:Dual GTS 450 vs..

Kind of depends on what resolution you're currently running and what upgrade plans (higher res monitor) you have for down the road. A single GTX 470 is in the $250 range and might well handle your current requirements ... it's a pretty solid card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-gts-450-vs.159256/
Relevancy 21.5%

Okay, my board is as described. I have a black bank and a blue bank. I plan on upgrading to 8 gigs of RAM this spring. With my motherboard's setup, would I benefit more from 2 sticks of 4 gig RAM or 4 sticks of 2 gig RAM?

A link to my board:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...8&cm_re=M4A785TD-V_EVO-_-13-131-398-_-Product

A:Dual-channel capable board, with 4 DIMM slots in 2 different colors--questions

Link us to your motherboard's website. The manual should contain the correct memory configurations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-capable-board-with-4-dimm-slots-in-2-different-colors-questions.158183/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello please can boot? install Vista best: What's over or XP dual Pro someone advise me what to do i have just bought this newish ACER ASPIRE laptop with windows vista with no warranty so no problem removing vista if needed to i also have wireless bluetooth dongle for transfering music and pictures to my phone also a printer and also a webcam the thing is windows vista will not let me install any of these devices even though i have all the drivers on disc so i searched online for any updated What's best: install XP Pro over Vista or dual boot? drivers without success I had windows xp pro on my other laptop and still have the disc with product key for it and all these devices worked ok on them also i prefer windows xp so i want to know is it better to format the drive and remove vista and the put in the windows xp pro disc or as i read on the internet have a dual boot with vista and xp pro have to google it though as i dont know how to do a dual boot also if i remove vista will my built in wireless connectivity device stiil work with xp pro or do i have to find drivers for that or are they built in the machine something tells me someone is going to tell me they are not Hope i have explained everything ok as i lack the knowledge to explain any better please remember if you reply i have very limited knowledge of computers but probably could follow detailed instructions if i needed to regarding formating the drive I only use the laptop for EBAY and E-MAILS and browsing the internet dont play or download films if this helps THANKS BARRY I HAVE INCLUDED THE SPECS JUST IN CASE IT MAY BE RELATIVE ACER ASPIRE Z GB RAM INTEL R PENTIUM R DUAL CPU T GHz GHz BIT OPERATING SYSTEM WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC SERVICE PACK nbsp

A:What's best: install XP Pro over Vista or dual boot?

can no one answer any of my questions please, as windows vista still wont let me install my printer software disc or webcam software disc also bluetooth dongle software,
THANKS BARRY

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-best-install-xp-pro-over-vista-or-dual-boot.157137/
Relevancy 22.36%

Can you guys help me, what should i buy?
my ram memory is 256mb ddr2 ...
Q:if i buy 2x 2gb ddr2 ram memory pair it will not burn my pc or destroyer?

my motherboard is MS-7507...
Q: can you guys give me a good advice what should i buy that belongs to my pc for gaming only

Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~2520 Mhz

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU
E5200 @ 2.50GHz
2.52 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

i don't have memory that why ^^,

please... advice what should i buy and i wanna buy a video card but i don't know what should i buy... i'm so newbie at computer ^^, wew.

A:My motherboard is M7 & Processor is Intel Dual Core 2

First, what is your budget?

Second, what games would you like to be able to play?

Third, what Operating System are you running: XP or Vista?

Without a doubt you need more memory. 256 is bare minimum to run XP.

* I looked up your motherboard and you can run upt to 4 gigs of memory but only do so if you are running a 64-bit Operating System. You can also run PCI-express video cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-motherboard-is-m7-processor-is-intel-dual-core-2.157357/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, in a rush.

I have seen a low profile cpu cooler that can have 2 standard 140 mm fans on it. It extends sideways from the cpu and not up. Good for Q-XPack 2 Apevia MicroATX.

Any Ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

12johnni

edit: I am doing a X58 Micro in the Case and my friend is doing the same. I got him back from hell (iMacs) when he realised from me how much you can get for how little. With a small $2,000 Australian budget, you can have 1,000W PSU a MicroATX case
i7 950
GTX 580
EVGA X58 Micro SLI
etc. But the cooler has to be under about 8 cm for the Q-XPACK 2. Anyone know the best one?

Thanks!

A:Low profile CPU dual fan

Do what? Most low profile heatsinks only have one fan on them because they are top end mounted, pulling air directly off the heatsink, rather than side mounted. As far as I know, you WON'T find any low profile heatsink with more than 1 fan. I'd love to see one that does (Probably a wedge shaped heatsink...).That and you can't have 140mm fans mounted on the sides if you have an 80mm height restriction, unless they are at an angle. That being said If you know a place online/brick and mortar in Australia you can try finding:

Scythe Big Shuriken SCBSK-1000
COOLER MASTER GeminII S RR-CCH-PBU1-GP (Too big at 87mm, but you could use a smaller height fan and make it work)
EVERCOOL HPK-10025EA

Also, you don't need a 1000w PSU for that hardware, it is a waste of money. You could easily save some money (and possibly internal space) with a 750w PSU with modular cables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-profile-cpu-dual-fan.157034/
Relevancy 22.79%

Yesterday i was working on my computer when one of my monitors went into power save mode, and it has been like that ever since. I have both monitors hooked up to the same graphics card and its the moitor on the DVI port that has issues. When I switch the DVI and VGA cables to opposite moitors, the problem goes to the other montor. I have tried using a different DVI cable but still no success. I fear its a problem with my graphics card, which is really not what i want to deal with right now, any ideas or tips?

A:One of my dual monitors will not work

It sure sounds like you broke the video card. It certainly is possible to fry one of the heads, I know, I've done it. Analog and digital video have to be coming from a different chip, or at least a different segment of the same chip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-of-my-dual-monitors-will-not-work.156632/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum and was wondering where i should ask fom a price check on my pc?
Thank you!

P.s.
here are the specs if you could just answer here.

Intel i7 965 extreme
2 hd 4870s
6gb Kingston hyperx
1600 ram
Antec twelve hundred case
1 killawatt Antec psu
Intel dx58s0
300gb rapitor 10k drive
2 40gb intel ssds
1tb wd harddrive

Thank you for your time!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/price-check-on-a-system-with-intel-i7-965-extreme-dual-radeon-hd-4870s.156707/
Relevancy 22.36%

I m looking for some advice ASAP on which setups would be suitable to allow my system to run monitors in an extended desktop setup I m trying to buy of ebay so I need to know which cards are suitable so that I don t miss bargains Rather than give a wordy description I will give you a quick Idea of my setup I have a Palit GTX using the PCIe x port on my mobo - this GPU will run my main gaming monitor I have a p p d le mobo on which I have a PCIe one free port running at x speed in which I want to instal my second GPU My main concern is that i m running NvIdia 3 dual setup, use on for monitor ASAP Need GPU advice a directx on my PC an I was wondering if Need advice ASAP on dual GPU setup, for NvIdia 3 monitor use I needed another Dirrectx compatible Need advice ASAP on dual GPU setup, for NvIdia 3 monitor use card such as nVidia range or would an older card or series suffice In the end I will have a quot then a quot and another quot in Need advice ASAP on dual GPU setup, for NvIdia 3 monitor use that order setup on my desk I intend to use the second GPU to run one of the end quot monitors with my handleing the other two A list of cards compatible with my drivers can be found on this page http www nvidia co uk object win -winvista- bit- -whql-driver-uk html Sorry if I seamed rude in explaining this but I am in a hurry for various reasons and have tried to keep it concise nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-asap-on-dual-gpu-setup-for-nvidia-3-monitor-use.156502/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all Help needed please I am running windows x triple dual sync view problems HDMI core amd gig ddr and ati gfx I have been running a dual view setup without problems HDMI dual view sync problems using hdmi to my onkyo amp and which is outputting to my quot hitachi lcd screen I tried drag a game onto the lcd screen and i got a no sync message come up the screen and a black screen Now whenever i plug the hdmi cable in to the gfx card and reboot it displays the bios setup but as soon as it goes to windows it loses sync with the lcd and switches the main desktop screen off I have uninstalled reinstalled various ati drivers at least three times and used driver sweeper to be sure it was cleaned up If i plug the hdmi from the pc straight to the lcd screen everything is fine i have tried different hdmi cables and used other hdmi ports on the reciever and as i say HDMI dual view sync problems it works when not in windows thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-dual-view-sync-problems.156168/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey i just joined this site it seems like you guys clearly know what your support? 3D TMU card w/ accelerator dual talking about so 3D accelerator card w/ dual TMU support? i was hoping that maybe sum out there can help me with my problem you see i have just installed WOW and it keeps coming up saying that my D accelerator card is not supported by World Of Warcraft Please install a D accelerator card with dual-TMU support System information Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA RIVA TNT Model Model Pro Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type RIVA TNT Model Model Pro DAC 3D accelerator card w/ dual TMU support? type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV D amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d No WHQL Date Stamp None VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- D- CF-F F- A B C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x D SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled nbsp

A:3D accelerator card w/ dual TMU support?

That card is not supported by the game. You may be able to add a better card to your system but given the systems age I'm not sure you'd want to put any money into it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3d-accelerator-card-w-dual-tmu-support.155905/
Relevancy 23.22%

My WD Raptor SATA HD stopped booting to XP. So I installed a new WD Caviar SE SATA 300, Formatted XP on it. I am trying to retrieve some files from the old drive by dragging them to the new one. But whenever I have them both installed my pc keeps trying to boot from the Raptor.

I have the new drive hooked up to the SATA #1 port, and the Raptor to SATA #2. I can not find anything in the BIOS to Designate a specific HD to boot from. Any Ideas?

A:Dual SATA #2

What motherboard do you have? Often when you select the hard drive as a boot device in the BIOS, you can further select which hard drive to boot first when there are more than one. If I know what motherboard maybe I can check the manual. The boot order is not determined by which SATA port the device is connected to but, rather, the device itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-sata-2.155184/
Relevancy 22.79%

so ive sold my ic7-g and decided to play with this 64bit asus a8v deluxe.. but now im having a problem setting up dual sata drives within.. i have a 500g and a 200g .. currently the 200g is installed with windows and boots with no problem.. as long as the other 500g hdd isnt installed.. So now when they are both plugged in the computer shows nothing for hdds in the bios .. i dont understand that..... help please...

A:Dual SATA issues

I had this board, and I'm sure you need to look in the BIOS at the RAID settings.
I don't recall the details, but the manual is readily available online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-sata-issues.154983/
Relevancy 22.79%

Intel Core i GHz Gigabyte GA-P switching video/audio Dual -USB G-Skill GB MHz PC DDR Trident CAS Kit Dual video/audio switching x GB Gigabyte GV N TSL- GI - Graphics adapter OCZ GB Vertex Series SATA-II Solid State SSD quot Drive Samsung SATA II TB quot LG Multiformat DVD RW Dell Ultrasharp quot monitor DVI from graphics card Speakers from mobo green audio jack Samsung quot TV HDMI from graphics card Amp and speakers from mobo SPDIF Win bit Hi folks Using the system above with my PC and TV at opposite ends of the same large room I have to switch over audio via realtek default device and video via windows display settings show desktop only on monitor or whenever I want to watch a downloaded film on the TV and then back to PC to make this post write email or whatever My question is how do I do this wiathout the need to switch audio and video back and to One solution I am considering is to get a monitor for the PC and use quot duplicate displays quot on windows display settings and get a pci sound card to drIve my PC speakers leaving the onboard Realtek audio set to digital output via SPDIF for the Amp amp TV setup I welcome comments on my idea as well as any other suggestions or ideas TIA Chris nbsp

A:Dual video/audio switching

i dont know about the audio part...google something like playing same audio on 2 different devices....but for video, u can use the EXTENDED desktop mode...then u can just drag and drop the video player onto the TV. and switching displays is pretty fast with windows 7, just hit WINDOWS KEY + P and a bunch of options will come up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-video-audio-switching.154308/
Relevancy 22.79%

I've got an HP Pavilion Laptop and I'm trying to connect my Samsung SyncMater 915N to it. I've got Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I tried plugging my monitor in using a vga cable and pressing windows key-p but the external monitor didn't show anything and said "not optimum resolution". I tried changing settings and I screwed things up because I selected making the not working monitor the primary desktop:dead:

Any help is much appreciated

A:Trying to get dual monitor with laptop

I'm using an external monitor with an HP Compaq 6715b laptop.
All I did to get it working was right click desktop, select properties, select settings tab.
External monitor was showing greyed out on the right of the primary. Clicked on it and selected "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor". And it worked. Should also be able to adjust the external monitor resolution from here to make sure its in the range required by it. Although I'm using this XP machine just now so the instructions might be slightly different on Windows 7. Will check later when I am at home.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-get-dual-monitor-with-laptop.154061/
Relevancy 22.79%

There are two identical 19 inch monitors connected to a desktop. One is connected using dvi and the other using vga. One monitor works fine but the other has small resolution and doesn?t have settings for larger. So when I go to display properties settings the largest I can get on one monitor is 1024x768 and there?s no 1280x1024 for some reason. It use to work fine.

A:Problem getting same resolution on dual monitors

when you connect both monitors to the same video card (via a Y-cable or dual ports)
you expect both to use the same resolution.

running one DVI and the other VGA?? Make sure the primary #1 monitor is attached to the
DVI card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-getting-same-resolution-on-dual-monitors.153981/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey everyone, Im really killin' myself over this one. I just recently added Ubuntu 10.04.1 to my Gateway laptop NV53. I set it up so they would be installed side by side, Ubuntu being the one newly installed. It came with Windows 7, and it would give me the choice to select which OS i wanted to load (It gave me the Ubuntu OS, there were two -- and there was the Windows 7, A Vista Loader, and two other load choices those being like partitions on the drive) but now, when I try and boot off the HDD, it says: error: no such partition.
grub rescue>

I dunno what to do and im tearing myself to pieces here, whado I do??

A:Windows 7/Ubuntu dual boot issue

You should have got a cheap external HDD to put Ubuntu on, i once had a problem like yours, i couldn't get back into windows after trying to dual boot with Ubuntu. i had to reformat my whole HDD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-ubuntu-dual-boot-issue.153729/
Relevancy 18.49%

I wouldn't say I am an extreme multitasker, but for an extra $10 I can upgrade to a third core. I was gonna order a new PC from a website and from what I thought, each core was combined to make a total speed. So a dual core 2.8ghz would be two 1.4ghz cores, and a triple core 2.8ghz would be three 0.9ghz cores?

I am most likely confused, but that's why I can here. XD

A:Dual core or triple core?

A dual core 2.8ghz would be two 2.8ghz cores, and a triple core 2.8ghz would be three 2.8ghz cores. if you have the extra $10 go for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-or-triple-core.153559/
Relevancy 23.22%

Looking into a new desktop setup would it be better to go with:

dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 - 2GB

or

ATI Radeon HD 5870 - 2GB - ASUS ROG MATRIX Design

both come out to around the same price +/- $10.

A:Dual Nvidia or ATI?

Performance is with the SLI nvidia setup by a large margin. Whether that margin is going to be noticeable depends on the screen resolution you're gaming at.

A couple of other things to take into account are:
Connectivity -extra PCIe power connections involved in multi-card usage
Driver support. If you are the kind of person that needs to play the game on the day it's released then multi-GPU driver profiles (of either SLI or Crossfire) typically lag behind those of single cards. Not an issue if you play the games a couple of weeks after release.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-nvidia-or-ati.152995/
Relevancy 17.2%

So I'm working on a PC rebuild for work. Specifically the computer used to go graphic design for signs, which is rather Memory intensive (4ft x 8ft raster graphics take up a lot of space to load into Photoshop.....)

But what I'm wondering is Tri-Channel memory really worth the additional cost of the RAM and Mobo??

Or should I just stick with dual channel?

A:Dual channel vs tri-channel

Hey Tortured,
to the public at large Intels Tri channel memory bandwidth goes unused as not a whole lot takes advantage of it, and most users would not realize a tangible difference. Doing graphic design is one of the exceptions though, and you would probably see a substantial gain from it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-vs-tri-channel.152817/
Relevancy 22.79%

Let me know if anyone has any gaming pc's that i can compaire mine to

A:Would I be able to run dual HIS ATI Radeon HD5850 with a 850W PSU

They should work fine. No comparison needed. What kind of power supply, quality>quantity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/would-i-be-able-to-run-dual-his-ati-radeon-hd5850-with-a-850w-psu.152672/
Relevancy 22.36%

Wondering if anyone has tried a non-Nocona, E-ATX dual Xeon board in the HAF 932. I'm talking one of the newer Dual-Xeon boards. I know I lose the single-CPU ATX back opening, but I'm more concerned about if it actually handles a dual-Xeon E-ATX board.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-haf-932-e-atx-dual-xeon-board-anyone-tried-it.152497/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi everyone,

I recently uninstalled a program called Bumptop from my computer. It basically makes your desktop 3D - mostly a gimic, but it was fun for a while. While uninstalling it, a browser window opened and said "page not found". Then the uninstall process got hung up. About 5 minutes later a window opened that asked if i wanted to send an error report. Then the monitor went black. I rebooted and it's still black. I tried plugging in a different monitor, and it still doesn't work.

I have two monitors set up on this computer and the secondary monitor works fine, but I can't see any of the windows that open (like my video properties) because they all open on the primary screen. Im totally stuck here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
jeff

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-on-a-dual-monitor-set-up.152456/
Relevancy 22.79%

I might not have this posted in the right forum so I do apologize in advance if I haven t I m having more issues From bent CPU prongs computer screen turning black computer shutting off randomly computer screen having a blue tint to the screen until I move the cords and now I m having lagging issues I ve literally been googling every problem but nothing seems to be fixing the issue Let me just throw a brief explanation out here Had problems with computer screen turning black thought I had a virus that wasn t detected Tried a different video card same thing Tried a different monitor same thing So I got desperate and reformatted my computer Everything was fine then a black screen again Anthlon Dual x2 Core 3800+ AMD Took my processor out bent the prongs trying to put it back in and was frustrated AMD Anthlon 3800+ x2 Dual Core because I couldn t get it back in properly Processor was bone dry Haven t removed it in almost years Bent the prongs back put thermal paste on it Worked great Now I m having issues with my computer lagging As in it sounds like it AMD Anthlon 3800+ x2 Dual Core s going to freeze up or turn off But it doesn t Only does it for a couple seconds and it s fine I ve learned to deal with it because this thing has literally been driving me nuts Not only does it do it while I m playing music it also does it while I m watching videos while I m playing on the internet My mouse will freeze then move again playing WoW etc All hardware Chipset drivers have updates including video card I m about to put in a new AMD Antlon processor in that s another dual core but it s a quad AMD Anthlon 3800+ x2 Dual Core core heat sink I m not having issues with temperatures I know Nvidia Geforce GT card can withstand up to c What I was told from EVGA I figured this might be my processor or my power supply I have a w PSU and have an extra w PSU I m about to toss in there If these two quot upgrades quot don t work I assume it s my motherboard Please help I m about to take my computer outside with a baseball bat and beat it in AMD Anthlon x Dual Core Processor GHz G of Ram Nvidia GeForce GT g video card Gigabyte M SLI-S Mobo nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-anthlon-3800-x2-dual-core.152287/
Relevancy 19.78%

I'm trying to decide between two different Acer Aspire Notebooks.
One has:
2.20 GHz AMD V Series V120 single-core processor with 512 KB L2 cache and 1066 MHz front-side bus
250 GB SATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
3 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (1066 MHz; expandable to 8 GB)
ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics (with 256 MB of discrete video memory) It provides up to 1919 MB of total shared system memory

The other has:
AMD Athlon II X2 dual-core P320 processor
2.10GHz, 1066MHz Front Side Bus, 1MB L2 Cache
2GB DDR3 system memory
250GB SATA hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics with 256MB of dedicated system memory

Which would be better for simple computing, surfing, and streaming videos?

A:AMD v-series single core vs. AMD Athlon dual core

IMO the dual core, but it obviously takes more power, though you don't mention battery life or portability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-v-series-single-core-vs-amd-athlon-dual-core.152007/
Relevancy 22.79%

Is it better, or even possible, to mix different graphics cards with a mobo as long as both are crossfire ready? Or is it more wise to stick with two of the same graphics cards if your going to run duel graphics cards.

A:Same dual graphics cards, or mix and match?

I know some people who say they run duel cards, It seems to be a very good thing. But I have heard of them only running 2 of the same, Not 2 different ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/same-dual-graphics-cards-or-mix-and-match.151515/
Relevancy 22.79%

Purchasing a new system this week. What do you think would be the better buy? Price is pretty much the same.

A:ATI 5850 or dual 5770s?

2x ATI Radeon HD5770 CrossFire. Better performance but will require higher wattage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-5850-or-dual-5770s.150384/
Relevancy 22.36%

I'm having a slight problem with my dual display set up in Windows XP. I will try to be as specific and provide as much information about the problem and my specs as I can.

I am using an PNY GeForce 210 graphics card with multi-display support. I am using a small (about 15 inch) Westinghouse LCD HDTV as my primary monitor, running on the HDMI port. I am using an old HP Pavilion M50 CRT monitor as my secondary display, running on the VGA port. I'm not sure this matters, but the LCD is running at 720p and the CRT is running at 800x600.

Now for the issue: whenever I turn my displays off, after I turn them back on, it switches to single display and makes the CRT my primary display so I have to go back and reconfigure my dual displays.

Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:A problem running dual displays in Windows XP Home

hmm; normally VGA and HDMI outputs are not the way to setup dual monitors.
More typically, the GPU has two VGA connections OR it uses a Y-cable where
the staff of the Y connects to the VGA and each leg of the Y attaches to a different monitor
[frequently the legs are stamped #1 and #2 to identify the primary and secondary]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-problem-running-dual-displays-in-windows-xp-home.148750/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am planning to buy a new laptop this weekend and I want a desktop replacement - just tired of small screens and low performance and unfortunately I simply do not have a desk to put a high-end desktop If I was to buy a desktop it would certainly be equipped with a Core i - GHz processor While I cannot replicate such power in a notebook I am trapped in a dilemma of choosing between four cores or a high clock speed In a desktop it seems to me that such dilemma does not exist since the processors can use more power and have higher clock speeds it would be worth more to have a GHz or a GHz four-core than a GHz or a GHz dual-core But in laptops it s a completely different story The contenders are basically the Core i - m and the Core i - QM or the i - QM and the runner-up is the Core i - QM and i - QM if it is really worth it I have done extensive research on the Internet The sources are not many but it led to to some conclusions The Core i - QM GHz has cores and threads but a low clock speed GHz that can be increased up to GHz with all cores operating It can go as high as GHz with only two cores The Core i - M on the other hand has a clock speed of GHz which can be increased up to GHz with Turbo Boost using all cores Theoretically the i - QM would be a superior processor Intel has put a higher number to identify it instead of duh Four cores operating at GHz equals to GHz in the case of i - QM while two cores operating at GHz equals to only GHz in the case of M with Turbo Boost the i - QM would sum it up quad core? Desktop replacement: dual or to GHz and the i - M to GHz - still a big gap in performance In addition the i - Desktop replacement: dual or quad core? QM has MB L cache while the i - M has MB But that s just theory In real life things are a little bit different I do have a Core Duo right now and I see Windows making Desktop replacement: dual or quad core? extensive use of the two cores However I suspect that even the most advanced software are not optimized for multi-core and multi-threading processing A clock speed of GHz could be a disadvantage in this scenario especially comparing to the much higher clock speed of the i - M The i - M has a clock speed which may be GHz higher than Desktop replacement: dual or quad core? the Core i - QM and that seems to me a big difference I ve read that the i - M would be better for single-threaded or lightly multi-threaded applications due to its higher clock speed Some sources say that the i - QM would be the better choice for heavily multi-threaded apps while others say that due to the huge difference in clock speed the i - M would be the winner even in those cases There are other factors which must be taken into consideration of course The i - QM has MB of L cache while the i - M has only MB and that makes a difference - however I do not know whether this additional MB make it up for the huge gap in clock speed The i - QM also supports MHz memory while the i - M supports only MHz memory and I do not know how this will affect the performance - some sources even say this is irrelevant The i - M is a nm W processor and consumes less power than the nm W i - QM It means less heat and more battery life of course But in terms of performance less heat and less power consumption could mean that the i - M could achieve its top Turbo Boost performance more easily than the i - QM As a result it would be more likely for the less-power hungry i - M to achieve the GHz Turbo Boost performance than the i - QM to achieve the GHz I ve seem some benchmarks on the Internet In Passmark Software s website the Core i - QM scores higher than the i - M but I am afraid these numbers reflect a theoretical performance that nobody will ever get to achieve in day-to-day situations Notebookcheck has done some comparison too and it ranks the i - M in a higher position than the i - QM The i - QM scored higher than the i - M in most tests but Notebookcheck thought the i - M would be a superior processor - perhaps i... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-replacement-dual-or-quad-core.149725/
Relevancy 22.79%

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have been trying to set up my SONY 32EX400 LCD Tv as a second monitor through a HDMI port.

I have a NVIDIA GEForce GT220 Video Card which supports Dual Monitors. I have my ViewSonic 22" Monitor Connected to my DVI Output and My SONY Bravia to the HDMI Output.

I am running Windows 7 and Windows 7 recognizes both as Monitors.

I have tried the monitors as Seperate, Extended and Duplicate to see if i can get a picture on my Sony LCD but all i get on the HDMI input of the Sony LCD is NOTHING. A blank screen.

Any Suggestions would be most helpful.

A:Can't set up Sony LCD as dual monitor

Make sure you are using the right resolution for your SONY Bravia.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-set-up-sony-lcd-as-dual-monitor.148865/
Relevancy 22.79%

So I got a new video card, GeForce 210 DDR2 512 mb PCIs 2.0, to allow my computer to have two monitors since it's easier for my designing, but now my sound doesnt' work at all. On my built in AV card my monitor plug and sound plug do not respond at all, like they're not even there. I had to plug both monitors into the same card for it to work. I took my speakers to my mom's computer and determined they still worked and tried hers, which I knew worked on mine, but they still didn't work. When I went into the sound control panel it didn't even recongnize that there was a sound device attached.

Other system specs. HP pavalion a133on with an AMD 64 athalon processor, Windows XP, use IE 8.0.6001.18702IC and Firefox 3.6.3

A:Dual monitor sound issue

Are there any sound settings in the Nvidia control panel? Are you running the latest video drivers from the Nvidia support website? Do you see any yellow exclamation marks in the Device Manager? If so, you may have what's called a IRQ (Interrupt Request) conflict

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitor-sound-issue.148484/
Relevancy 22.79%

What I have:
Acer Aspire SA80
e661fgm mobo
Socket vga775
Celeron D in it

I was wondering if I could swap that for an intel dual core also having socket 775.

If the answer is no, I'd appreciate the explaination, would it be because of specs being too low on the mobo? Which specs? I finally found specs for the mobo on the ecs site, only says stuff about "up to" whatever GhZ.

I wouldn't wanna have to buy a new mobo to use a dual core..

Any help would be amazing : )

A:Upgrade to a dual core, socket 775

You wouldn't be able to run the latest Core2Duos.

The motherboard doesn't have enough power phases to deal with them.

For true confirmation, why not call Acer and see what's the most powerful CPU you can pop in there?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-to-a-dual-core-socket-775.148808/
Relevancy 22.36%

I would like to install Win 7, but I would also like to keep my XP pro. in the same computer. Can I put my actual hardrive as a slave and get a new hardrive and install Win 7?

A:Dual boot XP and Windows 7 with two hard drives

Look here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-boot-xp-and-windows-7-with-two-hard-drives.148504/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello, As you can read from the title im looking for a little advise on overclocking these cards. I dont have funds for new cards ATM and am wanting to overclock them instead of buying new ones. I'm only looking for insite from people who really know what their doing here. So please, a small guide on how to overclock these guys keeping in mind im running SLI, I dont know if that makes a difference. Any info needed simply ask and I will tell.

A:Dual Nvidia 8800 GT SLI overclocking

I would use EVGA precision (sorry, no link atm) and just...overclock?
SLI doesn't make any difference except temperature wise. Also you can individually control the graphics cards, but thats not necessary. Just keep temperatures in check.

With the 8800gt, you could easily reach 650 (my suggestion is to just leave the shader clock in check with the core speed, I believe EVGA precision will do this by default), and just inch on from there while watching temps and stress testing with games or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-nvidia-8800-gt-sli-overclocking.148293/
Relevancy 22.79%

I'm trying to do a dual monitor. On the back of my computer I have 2 VGA and 2 DVI-D slots. I have a video card NVIDIA geforce that's connected to one pair of the VGA and DVI-D. However, the other one is connected to the motherboard or something? I've attached pictures of the second pair. Do I need another video card? Thank you.

A:Dual Monitor Attempt

Never mind, I plugged monitor 1 to DVI-D and monitor 2 to VGA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitor-attempt.148349/