Windows Support Forum

my laptop is 2 year old my warranty period left now i can ex...

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: my laptop is 2 year old my warranty period left now i can ex...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 85.57%

Hi All, I have bought my new laptop HP Envy AE101NX yesterday (25-May-2016). However, when I open HP support center application and recovery applications, where we see the warranty period information it is showing incorrect information. The store supervisor informed me that it is in 2 years warranty period. The information being showin in these apps is 6 Months and that too Start Date : XX/08/2015End Date :    XX/02/2016. This Feb-2016 is already passed. I could not understand how come the warranty is already expired, even though it is for 6 months for some reasons. Can anyone please advise on how to get this fixed? ThanksVamshi

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/New-Laptop-but-Warranty-Period-shows-expired/td-p/5635571
Relevancy 83.85%

I bought this laptop on ebay new for my than Warranty and less laptop out only i the ran a year. had mother and had kept it in my closet for a few months I gave it to her as a gift and a few months later i was watching her use it and noticed she was repeatedly shutting down the laptop and turning it back on i asked why She said the internet wouldnt work unless she did that multiple times So i had a look at it and made sure all of the drivers were installed they were and counldnt find out why it was doing it other than a hardware issue possibly So i asked her where Warranty ran out and i only had the laptop less than a year. the warranty was tried to see if i could get hp to take it back but the warranty said it has expired She didnt use this thing for a year i kept it in my closet for months is there some way hp takes in certain cases and looks past the warranty date nbsp I cant really afford to buy her another nor can she and she is stuck with this nbsp thing The laptop is still in very good condition we just need the internet to work on it Is there anything that can be done

A:Warranty ran out and i only had the laptop less than a year.

The warranty period is one year from original retail sale. Who was the eBay seller? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Warranty-ran-out-and-i-only-had-the-laptop-less-than-a-year/td-p/5701105
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello everyone This is my first time posting on these boards and I was hoping someone might be able to give me some tips for troubleshooting an issue that popped up yesterday with my Alienware laptop It is days past it s extended -year warranty and Alienware would only refer me to other services to have it looked at such as a diagnosis for I have been building my own systems for years and years and I m hoping someone out there days Troubleshooting Alienware off (20 3-year Laptop warranty) :( might have some insight into ways i can troubleshoot my laptop so I can hopefully repair it myself and avoid the overpriced quot diagnosis quot fees Here are my specs Aurora m Processor AMD Turion Mobile ML GHz MHz FSB MB L Cache Operating System Office software not included Genuine Windows XP Professional Chassis amp quot WideUXGA x LCD with Clearview Technology - Conspiracy Blue Memory GB Dual Channel DDR SO-DIMM at MHz - x MB System Drive Single Drive Configuration - GB Serial ATA Gb s RPM w NCQ amp amp MB Cache Optical Drive x Dual Layer CD-RW DVD RW w Nero Software Video Graphics Troubleshooting Alienware Laptop (20 days off 3-year warranty) :( Card Dual MB NVidia GeForce Go GS - SLI Enabled Wireless Network Card Internal b g WiFi Card Warranty -Year AlienCare Toll-Free Phone Support w Onsite Service AlienRespawn AlienRespawn v Recovery Kit amp Windows XP Edition What happens is thus When I try to boot up the computer I can hear the fans HDD CD go on but there is nothing on the screen I tried plugging in other monitors to make sure that the onboard monitor hadn t randomly died or that the connection s were loose but I received no video on the additional monitor either When I usually load up the quot power quot button usually glows blue now it blinks orange off and on I don t hear any audio that would signify windows started but since I have a password on my windows log in it might be that it s simply not loading past this point I tried putting in my password to a blank screen and hitting enter but nothing happened My guess is it is either one of my video cards my motherboard or very possibly a HDD issue I m really doubting this last one Does anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot my issue to help to nail-down what is going on Thank you so so very much for the help -K nbsp

A:Troubleshooting Alienware Laptop (20 days off 3-year warranty) :(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubleshooting-alienware-laptop-20-days-off-3-year-warranty.941439/
Relevancy 71.38%

I purchased me new HP laptop on 2 October, 2016 and when I checked it's warranty status, it showed the starting date as 22 June, 2016. This is wrong and my warranty period must be corrected. I have disputed against the warranty period but have not recieved any reply till now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Wrong-Warranty-Period/td-p/5801786
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,  I  need to know that how can i extend my Hp laptop warranty for 2 years as it is about to expire within week. My laptop has already passed three years of warranty period.  Please suggest me the procedure or any online link to do the same.  thanking you.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Need-extension-in-warranty-period/td-p/5653167
Relevancy 71.38%

I purchased my notebook from vijay sales, mira road thane on 24th July 2016 so the warranty period should be till 22july but it is showing march2017. I have also taken extended warranty also my serial no is CND6051BCQ my redemtion no is 90220127 note book part no is V5D74PA. This is the third time i am writing to you. i had submitted the bill copy also earliar. Kindly look in to it  The internal Tracking no is _00DG0h8qk._50027mYiSB:ref  Aditya Singh9820663309

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Wrong-Warranty-period/td-p/5752386
Relevancy 71.38%

I want to extend the warranty period of my newly purchased system..inform me as soon as possible

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/how-to-extend-the-warranty-period/td-p/5617210
Relevancy 70.09%

i have bought a new Aspire R11 notebook. I was given 1 year warranty but would like to increase it by 2 more years. please help

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/How-to-increase-the-warranty-period-of-Acer-notebook/td-p/456031
Relevancy 69.23%

Product Name: HPVI04 Notebook batteryUsed in Laptop: HP ENVY 14 Notebook PCBattery life: 15 months Issue:  The battery(HPVI05 NOTEBOOK Battery) stopped working only 14months after purchase. Tried to buy the product online but this product is one of the worst product with 100s of poor reviews and helpless customer service facing the same problem. The customer service is equally bad with hours of waiting time and no solution. Tried to point out the poor feedback given to product but seems Team HP does not bother. Please Help P.S: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-vi04-notebook-battery?jumpid=Accessories_Finder_PDP #product details  #poorcustomerreview

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-stopped-working-month-after-warranty-period-was-over/td-p/5854512
Relevancy 68.8%

What does it mean when your warranty on the back of your laptop says Y1Y1Y0?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Got 2 year warranty but it says 1

Hi: The info you are referring to means 1 Year parts, 1 Year labor, and 0 Years on site service. My HP business desktop PC's have 3y/3y/3y.   3 years parts, 3 years labor and 3 years on site service.  In other words, the techs will come to my house to fix my PC for up to 3 years.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Got-2-year-warranty-but-it-says-1/td-p/5829988
Relevancy 68.37%

is this just a driver issue PLease advise how to troubleshoot and correct dst below are the two latest minidumps Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter period 2 year Screens Blue stable Vist after x eca b Parameter x bafdc Parameter x Caused By Driver win k sys Caused By Address win k sys ca b File Description Multi-User Win Driver Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version vista rtm - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter x Parameter x b Parameter x Parameter x f ae Caused By Driver nvlddmkm sys Caused By Address nvlddmkm sys db d File Description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Vist Blue Screens after stable 2 year period Driver Version Product Name NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Company NVIDIA Corporation File Version Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version

A:Vist Blue Screens after stable 2 year period

One BSOD from July and one from yesterday.
That's it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338495/vist-blue-screens-after-stable-2-year-period/
Relevancy 67.94%

Ok here s the deal I have an MK GAS hard drive from Toshiba quot laptop size which I bought about a year year and a half ago Sad thing is as highly rated this drive is mine just died Luckily I the 3 HD, Toshiba and warranty... year still have my old Toshiba HD, and the 3 year warranty... reliable Hitachi Travelstar to boot from and call you guys for help --- Here s the deal I had the pc Toshiba HD, and the 3 year warranty... running just fine Went out to lunch and the hardware store which took about an hour and a half I come back and instead of a screen saver on my screen I see a DOS-like message on the screen that says quot Operating System Not Found quot And as I listened closely the hard drive was groaning and clanking like I ve never heard before I shut it off let it cool down reboot and it s still making the same noise As far as boot up it was at the Windows XP screen with the scrolling blue bar for minutes then it froze I rebooted it and it gave me a SMART drive error not a good thing So I tried inserting it into my external quot USB enclosure no luck Windows would see it for two seconds and then it would be gone So to make a long and short of it it s toast --- Here s the thing I saw on Newegg s description of the drive that it has a year warranty I ve had the drive less than two years so I should be able to get it replaced BUT I have ALOT of precious data on there Photos from Italy my MP s purchased legally my CAD drawings for college etc etc Will Toshiba cover the data recovery Thanks in advance everyone ---------------------- Sincerely Petty Officer Michael C Casaceli United States Navy nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Anybody know where you can buy Western Digital hard drives (standard, not SSD) that have a full 5 year manufacturer's warranty?

Seems like everywhere I look now, all you see is these "OEM" versions that have a 2 year warranty.

I want to get one to keep on hand as a backup that I'll format so it'll be ready to go in case I ever have problems with the drives in either of my machines.

Just thought I'd get one that has the longest warranty possible if a 5 year warranty is even still available.

Relevancy 67.94%

sir  i buy a hp laptop model - Ay 008tx on 12.08.2016, i want to buy 4 year extended warranty in india, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/to-buy-4-year-extended-warranty/td-p/5736911
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello- Here's the problem I'm having If I leave my computer on for an extended HijackThis- computer for time uses period msmsgs.exe 100% left of cpu extended on if period of time hours my computer is slow I open up task manager and see msmsgs exe is using up of the cpu HijackThis- msmsgs.exe uses 100% cpu if computer left on for extended period of time Ending process does not HijackThis- msmsgs.exe uses 100% cpu if computer left on for extended period of time stop the cpu from being used HijackThis- msmsgs.exe uses 100% cpu if computer left on for extended period of time up explorer exe uses after I end msmsgs exe I've run Ad-Aware Adaware VX Spybot search CWShredder as well as trend micro's online virus search and my own Norton Antivirus I can't find what is causing the problem Here's my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes F WINDOWS System smss exe F WINDOWS system winlogon exe F WINDOWS system services exe F WINDOWS system lsass exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe F WINDOWS Explorer EXE F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe F WINDOWS system spoolsv exe F WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE F Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe F WINDOWS system nvraidservice exe F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe F Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe F Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe F WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe F Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe F program files asus pcprobe AsusProb exe F WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE F Program Files QuickTime qttask exe F WINDOWS system rundll exe F WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIADA EXE F Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE F Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe F Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe F Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe F Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE F Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe F Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE F WINDOWS system nvsvc exe F Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe F Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe F WINDOWS System wbem unsecapp exe F Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe F Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe F HJT HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - F Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - f program files google googletoolbar dll file missing O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - F Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - F Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot F Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NVRaidService F WINDOWS system nvraidservice exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check F PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor F PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched F Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot F Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility F WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update F Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE F WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe instal... Read more

A:HijackThis- msmsgs.exe uses 100% cpu if computer left on for extended period of time

Hi Chris and welcome to TSF.

Is MSN Messenger doing anything special (besides having IM chats) when it reaches 100% cpu usage?

Let's try disabling some programs there to see if it helps.

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following if they still exist and hit 'Fix Checked' after you checked the last one:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] F:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "F:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] F:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "F:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = F:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

Check and fix ALL the O18 entries below related to Logitech, except for the first line (see below). Leave that entry unchecked:

O18 - Protocol: bw+0 - {00023EC9-21B9-4198-912A-39C403681302} - F:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BWPlugProtocol-8876480.dll

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hijackthis-msmsgs-exe-uses-100-cpu-if-computer-left-on-for-extended-period-of-time-94741.html
Relevancy 62.35%

sir hi actually i bought my lappi last year in the month of may 25th and since i was in last year of my collage i did not bother  to extend becouse of money issue. can i extend the warranty of the lapptop now ??pls help and if yes then what all the procedure i need to follow. ?  w/w  aayan akash. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/can-extend-the-warranty-HP-laptop-warranty-got-expired-which/td-p/5780150
Relevancy 62.35%

Looks those shinny Windows XP days are really counted now.

A:Tomorrow and One Year left to XP

How or where did you get this message?
Is it being displayed for anyone still running XP?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285296-tomorrow-one-year-left-xp.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I keep randomly having BSOD on WIN 7 x64 when i left it on for long periods of time without using it. Sometimes though rarely, the whole OS will not respond to anything while i'm using and i have little choice but to use the reboot button. I have no idea what causes this issue. This has been happening since i got this computer roughly 1 year plus ago but i didn't really bothered till recently as it's getting more frequent. Was hoping someone can shed some light on to what is giving this issue to me.

System Summary
CPU : Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz
Memory : 8190 MB RAM
Graphics card : ATI Radeon HD 5970
Motherboard : ASUSTeK Computer INC P7P55D-E PRO (Bios ver 1602)
Sound Card : Creative SB X-fi
HDD : 1 TB sata 3 WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 (Split into 2 partition)

A:Random BSOD when computer is left idling for prolong period of time

The crash is due to your Marvell controller drivers for your hard disk. The drivers appear to be corrupted.

First uninstall through Device Manager. Log in as an administrative user -> Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Device Manager -> Expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers -> Right click the Marvell device -> Click Uninstall (Do not hit OK after clicking Uninstall) -> Put a tick in the box to delete the driver software for this device -> Click OK -> Restart the computer if asked.

Download the latest drivers for the Marvell Controllers device: ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P7P55D-E PRO -> Windows 7 64bit -> SATA ->

Quote: Originally Posted by ASUS - Motherboards

Marvell 9123/9120 Controller Driver V1.0.0.1042 for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.(WHQL)

Install the Marvell 9123/9120 Controller Driver software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228042-random-bsod-when-computer-left-idling-prolong-period-time.html
Relevancy 61.49%

This just new left PC only one have sales Windows year 7 in from ZDnet by Ed Bott that MSFT will Windows 7 new PC sales have only one year left cease to allow new machines to be sold with Win on them I've not read the article yet but it should be self explanatory So do your shopping now That's what I'm going to do Now Ironically I just now uploaded three videos showing what business laptops are being sold by Lenovo Dell HP to prove that they aren't selling Win machines They are using Win licenses' downgrade rights to sell Win The videos are updates on the ones I did back at the beginning of September to see if the September results were still valid You can see the videos here Dell here HP and here Lenovo but the video shows the Win machines sold out vids were made and at least Dell has radically changed its website interface now The videos are boring though Better to just go to the websites instead The Dell machines shown in the video are mostly gone now or the website redesign makes it look that way The machines shown in the video are now right now this minute showing as only available preconfigured in Win Pro or Win When just now I did a mock purchase those were the only options not Win You'll find more Win machines available on HP Thank you for your time So much of my life would be so much worse were it not for BC I hope to 'give back' Thank you again

A:Windows 7 new PC sales have only one year left

I was talking to a tech at Eset while  he was fixing my computer and He told me that Microsoft was not going to give updates to win 7 much longer. Hope that he is wrong.
Jim

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595176/windows-7-new-pc-sales-have-only-one-year-left/
Relevancy 61.49%

warranty showing start date 08/01/2016 and end date as the same date 08/01/2016 i only purchased the pc 08/01/2016

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/showing-warranty-expired-i-have-7-months-left/td-p/5641683
Relevancy 58.05%

As the title suggests - my invoice specifically says 3yrs warranty was purchased with my M3800 in November 2014. I'm now showing as out of warranty after 2yrs
I'm having issues with a screen that was replaced in May/June 2016 and would like a replacement as I believe the unit is faulty. Please can you get in touch to resolve.
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997367
Relevancy 52.03%

My laptop is shutting down after a short period of time.  This started about two months after installing windows 10.   I checked my settings and they are what I want so resetting them probably won't help.  I saw an answer to this problem that read as follows:   What does "remove the tick from the box next to 'On resume, display log-on screen'." mean?   I don't see a box next to 'On resume, display log-on screen' with a tick. Open windows Control Panel, open Personalization, click the Screen Saver link in the bottom right and in the following window adjust the 'Wait' time to a more acceptable figure and remove the tick from the box next to 'On resume, display log-on screen'.  Click Apply, then Ok to save this setting. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Laptop-shuts-down-after-short-period-of-time/td-p/5730307
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello recently my laptop Dell Inspiron running WinXP Media Edition s been failing it freezes anywhere from ten seconds to five minutes after I log in I m unable to install an antivirus because the laptop freezes during installation Safe Mode seems to be well safer although even so it has frozen I m unable to install the antivirus Kaspersky in Safe Mode because Windows Installer is disabled and none of the of short freezes Laptop after a time period solutions I ve found Laptop freezes after a short period of time online seem to do the trick And I suspect that even if i could get the installer to work it d freeze halfway through anyway I have no idea what s causing the freezing it might not even be a virus at all I ve noticed that the laptop always freezes at the quot Copying new files quot stage of the Kaspersky installation although whether that has something to do with my own timing or that procedure I can t guess Also the time that the computer did freeze in Safe Mode I was attempting to rename a file The computer is completely frozen Num Lock Scroll Lock can t be activated deactivated the mouse doesn t move etc I can t even shut down without either pulling the plug out or holding onto the power button nbsp

A:Laptop freezes after a short period of time

That model has been out for about three years? How long have you had your Inspiron 6400?

We need to know the configuration, including hard drive size, brand, free space, as well as memory installed.

It could be that the CPU cooling is too full of dust, hair, fiber, etc. to cool adequately... or that the hard drive is failing, or that you have inadequate memory. But it could simply be an infestation that needs to be cleaned out.

Have you tried re-enabling Windows Installer? Have you attempted to use MalwareBytes, SuperAntispyware, ComboFix, Windows Defender, Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor, or other top-flite spyware detectors and removers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-after-a-short-period-of-time.135743/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi been awhile since I last posted. In the house we have a desktop and 2 laptops on the go in the house.The desktop is wired internet while the laptops are run on wifi.This worked fine until my isp UPC upgraded my internet speed from 50mb to 120mb.. The desktop and one of the laptops still works fine but the acus laptop has web access for between 20 mins to 45mins before the wifi drops off and becomes limited access. The wifi needs to be renabled to regain access to the wifi which lasts another small while until it gets limited access again.

The laptop specs are:
Acus K53e
Windows 7 home premium 64bit
intel Centrino N100 wifi adapter
Ram 6gig

At the moment its running for 30 mins then wifi cuts off for a few seconds before starting up again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-gets-limited-access-after-period-of-time.201028/
Relevancy 52.03%

My several years old Averatec laptop Windows XP which I haven t used much the past few years totally died suddenly on it The laptop was on when I was away and when I came home it had died telling me to press any key to boot Nothing works--no safe start no debug start-up etc I can press F and get a few diagnostic screens but nothing I set there helps Also Del as the Averatec start-up screen says to hit gives me nothing that helps either After the Windows start-up logo screen shows a quick blue screen with about page of text flashes on but then quickly disappears First question anyway to capture that fleeting screen It does say something about the problem but I can t read it in a micro-second Either F or the Del laptop dead, period won't Averatec boot, option as mentioned above does allow me to see three possible boot drives All three however are in square brackets Info to the right says if the names are in parentheses which I assume means square brackets here the drives are not accessible I do not have the recovery CD at this location if I can find one at all I m resigned to the files on the computer being gone forever it wasn t a major computer but I wanted it active for one specific use Averatec laptop dead, won't boot, period now since it s a low-energy using computer but is there anyway I can restore some OS so I can run the one program I need on this computer Anything free I can download for example Or any suggestions on what else to try I did ensure the memory chip Averatec laptop dead, won't boot, period is secure in its slot and F Averatec laptop dead, won't boot, period which brings up restore on at least some computers doesn t do anything Any suggestions appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Averatec laptop dead, won't boot, period

Check your BIOS settings and look for a settings about restart when error occur and try to disable it to see the blue screen error. You can also try login in safe mode, by pressing the F8 key while your computer is booting and check if the blue screen error still appear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/averatec-laptop-dead-wont-boot-period.858244/
Relevancy 52.03%

My several years old Averatec laptop Windows XP which I haven t used much the past few years totally died suddenly on it The laptop was on when I was away and when I came home it had died telling me to press any key to boot Nothing works--no safe start no debug start-up etc I can press F and get a few diagnostic screens but nothing I set there helps Also Del as the Averatec start-up screen says to hit gives me nothing that helps either After the Windows start-up logo screen shows a quick blue screen with about page of text flashes on but then quickly disappears First question anyway to capture that fleeting screen It does say period laptop boot, won't dead, Averatec something about the problem but I can t read it in a micro-second Either F or the Del option as mentioned above does allow me to see three possible boot drives All three however are in square brackets Info to the right says if Averatec laptop dead, won't boot, period the names Averatec laptop dead, won't boot, period are in parentheses which I assume means square brackets here the Averatec laptop dead, won't boot, period drives are not accessible I do not have the recovery CD at this location if I can find one at all I m resigned to the files on the computer being gone forever it wasn t a major computer but I wanted it active for one specific use now since it s a low-energy using computer but is there anyway I can restore some OS so I can run the one program I need on this computer Anything free I can download for example Or any suggestions on what else to try I did ensure the memory chip is secure in its slot and F which brings up restore on at least some computers doesn t do anything Any suggestions appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/averatec-laptop-dead-wont-boot-period.858243/
Relevancy 52.03%

My laptop is shutting down after a short period of time.  This started about two months after installing windows 10.   I checked my settings and they are what I want so resetting them probably won't help.  I saw an answer to this problem that read as follows:   What does "remove the tick from the box next to 'On resume, display log-on screen'." mean?   I don't see a box next to 'On resume, display log-on screen' with a tick. Open windows Control Panel, open Personalization, click the Screen Saver link in the bottom right and in the following window adjust the 'Wait' time to a more acceptable figure and remove the tick from the box next to 'On resume, display log-on screen'.  Click Apply, then Ok to save this setting. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-shuts-down-after-short-period-of-time/td-p/5730307
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello. I got an Laptop Lenovo IDEAPAD g50-80 from Romania. After two months i moved to UK... And now my Hard Disk doesn't work anymore... can i go with it at Warranty here in UK? i got the Bill from when i bought it and all the papers which was inside the box

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Can-i-go-with-my-laptop-on-Warranty/td-p/3481290
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello every one i just bought  a new hp laptop in pakistan from a local. he gave me one year warranty <invoice>while when i connected the laptop to internet a message popped up showing that my laptop warranty will expore in the next month in july and laptop warrantty was started in july 15. so tell me how the warranty thing work in pakistan .or is this a Fruad or somthing . and he did't even give me the warranty card so please help me .if someone have had experince in buying hp laptop. my laptop model is hp pavilion notebook 15 ab057. 

A:my new hp laptop warranty

@wbis

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-new-hp-laptop-warranty/td-p/5647406
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello. I got an Laptop Lenovo IDEAPAD g50-80 from Romania. After two months i moved to UK... And now my Hard Disk doesn't work anymore... can i go with it at Warranty here in UK? i got the Bill from when i bought it and all the papers which was inside the box

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:G50-80 - Can i go with my laptop on Warranty?

Hi Emyy161 , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

You may review this article "Checking for International Warranty Service (IWS)" on how to proceed. 
Take time to review coverage and limitation :
" Lenovo makes no commitment that the same method of service purchased in the original country will be provided in the destination country. Service procedures vary by country, and some service and/or parts may not be available in all countries. Lenovo will use commercially reasonable efforts subject to support capabilities within the destination country to obtain parts. Some countries may have fees and restrictions that apply at the time of service such as packaging, shipping and handling fees "

On my end, I tried using the model as some may not be marketed on some regions using the international warranty look up page.  Listed location would include UK and you can call in Lenovo UK 0333-777-3991 for details . 

Hope this help answer your query. 
Update us how things go.

Regards

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-80-Can-i-go-with-my-laptop-on-Warranty/td-p/3481290
Relevancy 50.74%

Everytime i leave my laptop idle for around 1-2+ hours it would BSOD and shut down. This problem started occuring about 2 weeks ago. The only time i get the BSOD is when i leave it idle, no other random BSOD. Please help me take a look and solve this persistent problem. Thanks for the assistance in advance.

Operation System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM

What is the age of system (hardware)?
June 2010 (15 months)
What is the age of OS installation?
June 2010 (15 months)

A:BSOD when leaving laptop idle for an extended period of time.

It looks like pci.sys is causing the issue. Please update the drivers for your nvdia chipset drivers
and network adapter..

Also please download the attached certificate and unzip then right click on it and click install ctl and import the certificate you have many errors in event manager concerning this..

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\BSOD files\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\091011-17472-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff800`03ff14c0?
Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16841.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110622-1503
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a0e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c4be70
Debug session time: Fri Sep 9 15:54:40.517 2011 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 19:40:55.499
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8004b0a6e0, fffff80003ff14d8, fffffa800450f9e0}

Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8004b0a6e0, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80003ff14d8, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800450f9e0, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------
DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a5bc117

MODULE_NAME: pci

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff8800103f000 pci

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`03ff1488 fffff800`02aed1d3 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`04b0a6e0 fffff800`03ff14d8 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`03ff1490 fffff800`02a8a12e : fffff800`03ff15c0 fffff800`03ff15c0 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29270
fffff800`03ff1530 fffff800`02a89c76 : fffffa80`0855fc68 fffffa80`0855fc68 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66
fffff800`03ff15a0 fffff800`02a8a34e : 000000a4`f92b3b23 fffff800`03ff1c18 00000000`00454e26 fffff800`02bfb748 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`03ff1bf0 fffff800`02a89b57 : 00000023`a69130c2 00000023`00454e26 00000023`a6913001 00000000`00000026 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be
fffff800`03ff1c90 fffff800`02a86d8a : fffff800`02bf8e80 fffff800`02c06c40 00000000`00000002 fffff880`00000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277
fffff800`03ff1d40 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`03ff2000 fffff800`03fec000 fffff800`03ff1... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/185864-bsod-when-leaving-laptop-idle-extended-period-time.html
Relevancy 50.31%

whether warranty of a envy laptop purchased in one country will be accepted by another country. For eg, warranty  of a  laptop bought in USA, can be claimed in Asia Pacific. whether the warranty is international for laptop

A:whether Laptop warranty is international or not

Its complicated: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/  For example, a product purchased in country "A" and moved to country "B" receives the current warranty coverage provided by country "B" (if that product is marketed or supported in country B). So it varies model to model and country to country

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/whether-Laptop-warranty-is-international-or-not/td-p/5650861
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Team, 1 week back i lodged a ticket number with customer service due to some problem with my laptopHere is the ticket number 8007435751 ,and am not able to work on this laptop due from last 7 days.No body is responding me properly though laptop is still in warranty and going to expire in 5 days .Please check the status and update me ASAP 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/My-laptop-is-still-in-warranty-but-no-response-from-lenovo/td-p/3381914
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I have just bought the top end Spectre laptop, but when i used the HP assistant it states I only have 9 months remaining on my warranty?!? Is this correct? if so it's going to be returned!! Dave

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/New-Laptop-only-9-months-warranty/td-p/5829164
Relevancy 50.31%

I had the wireless part of my mouse plugged into my laptop and it fell. The hard drive inside was shifted, when I opened it the screen was all glitchy and had ink leaks on the screen. My warranty is up, how much would it cost to fix it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-hp-still-fix-my-laptop-after-warranty-is-expired/td-p/5830064
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey Lenovo nbsp I don't wanna say this but I am having a Laptop Warranty Pakistan worst experience with Lenovo Product There's a saying first impression is the last impression and lenovo failed it in Ok let's take a look at my problem and please help me nbsp months ago I buy a Laptop Warranty Pakistan Lenovo Ideapad Y - ISK from local shop in Pakistan with Year International Warranty After month my screen start flickering and It end up continuously flickering when I press the power button See the screenshot below I take my laptop to the shop from where I bought it He says it's the ram problem you have to change the ram After paying for the single GB ram my laptop just work fine for days and then it's start doing that flickering again and after to hours I reopen my laptop it's just boot for second and then reboot that loop continuously again and again even I cannot see the lenovo logo Then I take it to the same shop and he says you have claim your warranty and according to him I have to send my laptop from Pakistan to USA for claiming and repairing process which will be and in which he cannot do anything All I am worry about is there any service center in Pakistan so i can take my laptop to there to solve my issue because when I buy a laptop I paid additional for Year International warranty nbsp I can say that Dell and HP are the best company who produces best products and I am one of the user of Dell and HP and I never have a problem with their products and they also operate in Pakistan so you don't have to worry about claiming nbsp Looking forward for your kind and helpful reply nbsp Regards Angry Lenovo nbsp User

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Laptop-Warranty-Pakistan/td-p/3439193
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Thw warranty of my laptop is expiring in next 10 days .And I want to extend it online. How do I go about it? I looked at the carepacks in HP support site . Its thoroughly confusing. Criteria I want : 1. Carry in is fine , onsite not required2. Dont need accidental protection etc.3. 1 yr and 3 year options. Please direct me to the appropriate direction. Help! Thanks , Ray 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Extend-Warranty-of-My-Laptop/td-p/5715917
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey,
  I Harsh , I purchased dell vostro laptop on 22th October 2015. And I checked on online it show me you shipped on 3rd July 2015. I have issue with hardware anybody can not  help me. Please help me

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994856
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,I bought hp 245 g5 laptop on 23 september 2016, which is having one year onsite warranty.  But when i checked my warranty status online it is showing that my warranty will end on 21 August 2017. How to solve this issue kindly reply asap.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Warranty-Issue-with-my-laptop/td-p/5802624
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an Acer Aspire 3100 that I got for Christmas in late 2006. I'm still using it to this day with Windows 7 as it came with Windows XP. However, the 60GB HDD it came with is starting to give me trouble so I was thinking about upgrading to an SSD.

Would this be possible with my laptop? I'm not entirely sure of the HDD connection but I believe it may be IDE. If this is the case, then will I need to get some kind of SATA to IDE adapter to use an SSD, or do they possibly make SSD's that can fit my laptop? I can only hope that I am not out of luck when it comes to upgrading the sustainability of my old and faithful mobile computing device.

Thank you for the helpful, yet knowledgeable replies.

A:SSD on 5 year old laptop?

The Aspire 3100 appears to use a 2.5" ATA100 (PATA) drive.

As far as I know, SSDs in that form factor are SATA.

While SATA to IDE adapters appear to exist, I'd be surprised if one would fit in a laptop. (I haven't checked for the 3100, but it may include a proprietary mounting adapter, that would have to be transferred to a replacement HD.) Can't swear that it's impossible.

A quick look at www.newegg.com shows a couple of 2.5" PATA 5400 RPM replacement drives, so at least you can keep the old laptop alive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/233319-ssd-5-year-old-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

sir service engineer told me that your ram socket burns due to heat or power fluctuation  and so we have to change your motherboard for that and this is not covered in your warranty. i have adp warranty .So can i arugu with them in these conditions  ?Is warranty doesnot cover issue due to power fluctuation , which cover accidental protection, too ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/is-adp-warranty-and-standard-warranty-doesnot-cover-issue/td-p/5835196
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
This is Manish Kumar. I bought Dell laptop from Olympia, WA last year. Now I am in India and I am facing some issues which I think are related to the hardware. Is there any way that I can transfer laptop warranty to India so that I can get it repaired at the Dell service center here in India?

Thanks in advance,
Manish

A:Laptop warranty transfer from USA to India

If you purchased the system with an onsite warranty (extra cost), yes - it can be transferred.  If you did not, you must upgrade to an onsite warranty at extra cost before it can be transferred.
www.dell.com/.../IdentifySystem

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19444853
Relevancy 49.88%

The hard drive has failed in my laptop after only about 2 months use. The diagnostic tool gave me failure ID 6e0cg8-81r88m-mfpwlk-60cg03 and product ID t0d96ua#aba. It has been broken for over 5 months. Who can I contact to get it repaired? It is under warranty.

A:Who do I contact to get my laptop repaired under warranty

Fill out the form midway down the page here to start a service request:https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Pavilion-15-ab200-Notebook-PC-series-(Touch)/8502...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Who-do-I-contact-to-get-my-laptop-repaired-under-warranty/td-p/5790954
Relevancy 49.88%

Will my laptop warranty gets void if i downgrade pre-installed Windows 10 to Windows 7? Because prefer the windows 7 than windows 10 and i bought the laptop 5-months ago.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Will-laptop-warranty-gets-void-from-downgrading/td-p/446862
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all, I bought my laptop in 7/29/2014 and warranty started on that day. I have only one year of warranty. My laptop has expired, I decied to extend warranty. But I don't know how to do that, help me please.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-can-I-extend-my-laptop-warranty-when-it-was-expired/td-p/5709698
Relevancy 49.88%

I BOUGHT HP Notebook - 15-ay011ne (ENERGY STAR) ON 13/09/2016. I WANNA REGISTER FOR INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY. PLEASE ASSIST ME IN REGISTERING FOR INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HOW-TO-REGISTER-FOR-INTERNATIONAL-WARRANTY-FOR-MY-NEW-LAPTOP/td-p/5762724
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi All, I purchased Acer Aspire V 2 years ago in extended warranty (3 years) from Dicksmith, the laptop had issues that it will switch off automatically on battery after evey 4-5 hours (a bit random) plus the keys of keyboard have comeoff and not working properly. since Discksmith doesnt exists, what options do I have for replacement of the laptop.RegardsZahid

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Dicksmith-warranty-for-faulty-laptop/td-p/435734/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.88%

Laptop has bricked. No signs of life except for the PSU making a beeping sound. Have tried removing and reinserting battery. Tried colleagues PSU (same beeps). Online assitance has me out of warranty even though it is less than 1 yr old. Tried contesting and somehow got linked with Americas support not UK,so they would not help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-bricked-Less-than-1-yr-old-but-stuck-in-warranty/td-p/5709719
Relevancy 49.88%

sir my charger is not working and i'll have to buy a new one. i want to know that the new charger which i would buy would have warranty even if my warranty period of laptop expires?? I mean would it be under new warranty?? Since i know now laptop chargers and batteries are not covered under warranty beyond 1 year, does the new charger would have the warranty for next 1 year ?? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/does-the-new-laptop-charger-carries-warranty/td-p/5687477
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I just bought a refurbished laptop from staples and i'm wondering, do I have a one year warranty. It says it in the page but the staples manager told me to get a 1 year warranty from them because I don't have a warranty. Take note the page says "The warranty is covered by the manufacturer for 1 year" but Staples says I don't have a warranty.
Heres The Page: www.staples.com/.../product_2095564

A:Refurbished Laptop From Staples, Warranty

Hi,
Please private message us the system service tag and snapshot of the invoice copy so that we can check and assist you.To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.      

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683106
Relevancy 49.88%

Power port HP - Honoring Warranty Not Spectre Laptop where the power cord attaches broke A simple and definitely 'hardware' problem Laptop still under warranty until September It couldn't be recharged HP Not Honoring Warranty - Spectre Laptop but I used it as the battery drained - took latest backups and used it for some functions before boxing it up and sending it in Fully functioning with no issues when it went in the box they sent nbsp Support calls me to say there is liquid damage to motherboard Umm no there isn't At least there wasn't when I sent it in I got on a call with a Case Manager 'James' who said they could repair mother board for a bit over I said there was nothing wrong with motherboard unless they caused the damage A little while later he emailed with an offer of less than his original quote Didn't research the state it was delivered in just looking to get cash nbsp nbsp Next day I got a call that warranty was invalidated contradicting what James had said and the email from him nbsp HP can't get the story straight and is dancing around honoring the warranty Already been without laptop over a week and they have offered no resolution I've sent a number of emails in response to his and nothing back nbsp

A:HP Not Honoring Warranty - Spectre Laptop

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Not-Honoring-Warranty-Spectre-Laptop/td-p/5666275
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm going to be traveling for the next year, and I'm not taking my laptop with me. I have a Dell Inspiron from August 2006, and someone told me that the internal battery would "die" if I keep the machine turned off for a year. Is someone able to confirm or deny this? Ideally, I would like to be able to use it when I return. I also have a friend who could turn it on for me regularly while I'm gone to keep it working, if that would be good. But if that's an option, I'm wondering how often it should be turned on. Can anyone help with this? I would really appreciate any advice! Thanks a lot!

A:Can I keep my laptop turned off for a year?

I would recommend removing the battery if you're not going to be using it for a year. You will need to charge the battery completely when you go to use it again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-keep-my-laptop-turned-off-for-a-year.132624/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi nbsp My son is asking for his own computer or laptop nbsp for his birthday next month nbsp so he can play Minecraft I've been trying to read up online what would be best but I'm NOT that techie that I don't even trust myself to make a good decision In my research nbsp majority of the websites suggests that building a nbsp PC would be best however I prefer him to have a 10 old kid turning year my Laptop for laptop or a netbook because I can confiscate it if his grades slip or he has discipline issues Also he and his friends nbsp like to take their laptops to each others houses and play Minecraft in the same room together nbsp Anyway I came across this link right Laptop for my kid turning 10 year old here nbsp http www consumertop com best-laptops-for-kids and found Lenovos on their list I am just not sure what is the difference between Thinkpad and IdeaPad Which is more reliable Any nbsp suggestions nbsp Are these a good choice or there are other options aside from these I prefer buying online rather than buying on a local computer shop so your opinions are needed for this purchase nbsp Please help Thanks nbsp Dwyane

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Laptop-for-my-kid-turning-10-year-old/td-p/3384669
Relevancy 49.88%

On a 5 year old laptop with a recently noisy (and probably failing) fan, will I be able to copy my files to another computer when the fan finally fails or is it a catastrophic event which disables the laptop completely?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/5-year-old-laptop-with-a-failing-fan/td-p/5767086
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a 2 yr old HP i7 laptop that will boot to Desktop.. and will stay there for hours.. HOWEVER.. when I click on ANYTHING it will shut down.. no BSOD.. it simply shuts down.

A:Why does my 2 year old HP i7 laptop Shuts down

I can add that the CPU fan is working fine, no overheating. And I did a memtest on the RAM with another laptop.. they're ok.. And I'll add that it'll shut down after being on for a hour.. or a few minutes.. the time doesn't matter.. It'll shut completely off when ANYTHING is clicked.. on a dead space.. OR ON A PROGRAM ICON.. doesn't matter where the cursor is. just ONE click anywhere and it'll shut off..

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/why-does-my-2-year-old-hp-i7-laptop-shuts-down/19664.html
Relevancy 49.88%

It only turns on bout 5 seconds turns off and I got it to stay on longer than 5 seconds but now it's saying preparing auto repair and I don't know what that means please help I don't know what to do

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-HP-laptop-I-got-about-a-year-ago-keeps-shutting-off-on-me/td-p/5763012
Relevancy 49.88%

I feel so sad on my G50-80 laptop which dies only after 1.5 years. Starting about 1 months ago it started very slow, after power on it stays in black screen for couples of minutes, then started booting as normal, then that wait time become longer and longer, last Friday it took me about 8 hours to see the boot screen. Sent my laptop to Microcenter for fixing which is a certified fixing provider close to my house, they just give me a call saying it's motherboard issue and the parts could not be found any more. More than 700 bucks for 1 year and a half, how expensive it's! Not sure is there anybody able to help? Maybe even old motherboard, as long as it's working, is acceptable to me.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-80-Laptop-Die-after-only-1-and-half-year/td-p/3478454
Relevancy 49.88%

I have owned the laptop for years purchased new a week or so ago it started telling me I have a non genuine version of windows and need to activate I tried the on line system to re activate but the key was rejected I then wanted to try the phone method but once validation is started right genuine. non hp say's 2 old laptop year now click computer gt activate now I don't get the option to activate by phone just a message saying this key 2 year old hp laptop now say's non genuine. is invalid This is very confusing it has worked flawlessly for years I tried ringing the Australia activation I got the number from internet and was asked to enter the first installation ID numbers which I got from the 2 year old hp laptop now say's non genuine. MGAdiag report but was told 2 year old hp laptop now say's non genuine. the number is invalid too So I am stuck nothing works here How can I get the phone activation on screen it's not given as an option Microsoft automatic phone person just hangs up on me I have done thorough scanning for malware and all is working fine have I been hacked Please help Ron Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - CQT-WMF J- Q C Windows Product Key Hash KaFG RmurcM ZxzWyfEP WtPUJw Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID AAA - BBC- BC-A E - FF D C Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version OGAExec exe Signed By Microsoft OGAAddin dll Signed By Microsoft OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Home and Student - Genuine Microsoft Office system - Genuine OGA Version Registered Signed By Microsoft Office Diagnostics F FE- - E FEE - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - B D AA B- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt AAA - BBC- BC-A E - FF D C lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - Q C lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt SLIC-MPC lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F E F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt C lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt W Australia Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt HPQOEM lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt SLIC-MPC lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt File Name quot OGAAddin dll quot Version quot quot gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID qu... Read more

A:2 year old hp laptop now say's non genuine.

Quote: Originally Posted by ronski

was asked to enter the first 6 installation ID numbers, which I got from the MGAdiag report, but was told the number is invalid too.

Which key are you using to activate this installation? You must use the 25 character product key afixed to the COA sticker stuck to the bottom of your laptop.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/288799-2-year-old-hp-laptop-now-says-non-genuine.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I've swapped my laptop's hard disk with a Samsung SSD by opening my laptop case myself. However, in the process, I'd lost one of the screws. I have still one year of warranty remaining. Can I still avail my laptop's warranty?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:I've lost a screw of my laptop.Does it voids my warranty?

Dear Customer< This does not void warranty unless until there is a physical damage observed with the hard drive or the lid in the time of service. If there is no physical damage, the warranty support would be provided as normal terms and conditions.   Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-ve-lost-a-screw-of-my-laptop-Does-it-voids-my-warranty/td-p/5832241
Relevancy 49.02%

HiI have purchased a new laptop and bought an extended guarantee but have just checked the warranty which is incorrect.Can I please have help rectifying this.thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-HP-laptop-warranty-start-date-incorrect/td-p/5730501
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there my month old brand new laptop failed to start Under the warranty i took it back to the shop John Lewis under my warranty Dell Computers are Dell Data warranty under Protection laptop - Act responsible for the laptop for the first year John Lewis for the second year Dell laptop under warranty - Data Protection Act John Lewis are restricted on what checks they can do on the laptop so I have been told They tell me that they need to send it direct to Dell John Lewis have told me that Dell will wipe my laptop of any data held on it and that is the law under the Data Protection Act in the UK without trying to retrieve any information whatsoever if they feel it is a hard drive problem because of the Data Protection Act that they cannot copy any of my information over Is that correct do you know and is there any way around it that Dell laptop under warranty - Data Protection Act i can have my data retrieved without them wiping them I accept I didn't back all the data up but the laptop is months old and I honestly didn't expect a brand new pound Dell laptop to go wrong in months

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/dell-laptop-under-warranty-data-protection-act-4599125/
Relevancy 49.02%

siri have hp pavallion e tx laptop which i bought in september With Years onsite warranty for hardware Now my chager is not working When i contact Is 3years not warranty? under charger laptop covered the support team they simply said that the battery and charger are not included in the warranty if we are given charger with the laptop at the time of purchase and there's no Is laptop charger not covered under 3years warranty? extra separate charge for the adapter then why we are asked to pay for the replacement if we are under warranty Does it mean buy a laptop for Around k and then pay for warranties and then your charger is still not covered under this when it will stop working you are to pay Around k more one more thingthe address for the authorized service centers and their contact details must be updated on dialy basis you have no ideas how much we -the customers have to suffer sorry but i am really angry to get talk to a representtive by online chat it took me an hour to connect then he said you are connected to usa gave me the link for indian support team and Is laptop charger not covered under 3years warranty? contact number he was really nice guy who helped me I waited for Hours to get connected Is laptop charger not covered under 3years warranty? to the indian chat tech support by online chat and then disconnected what should i do now buy a new one and tear those papers and that invoice saying years onsite warranty or expect a miracle to happen Solved View Solution

A:Is laptop charger not covered under 3years warranty?

Hi, Normally no. All vendors do the same. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-laptop-charger-not-covered-under-3years-warranty/td-p/5686277
Relevancy 49.02%

Where do I send the laptop if it is not working? My husband had the computer in Ecuador for a few months and said it had never worked properly and had been showing signs of a faulty drive. This laptop was bought at Best Buy in March and of course we need to to use the warranty protection as long as it is still within the year since it was purchased.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993353
Relevancy 49.02%

hii David pkMy laptop is naw 4 year old naw can order recovery disc for my laptopBcoz my graphics driver are gone due to my hard drive changed...will hp company give me recovery disc or not..if not then haw can i get back my graphics card driver back..is there any other way?? Plz sir hlp me out

A:haw to order recovery disc if my laptop is out of warranty

HP are unlikely to provide recovery discs free of charge, which country are you in?

*****I do not work for HP**********click the purple thumbs up button to say thanks**********If I solved your problem, help others by clicking accept as solution*****

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/haw-to-order-recovery-disc-if-my-laptop-is-out-of-warranty/td-p/5725865
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I ve never posted here before but I ve read through the rules and some stickies so Old Laptop - Running Slow Three Do? to What Year hopefully I m doing this right My wonderful laptop is running very slow Three Year Old Laptop Running Slow - What to Do? I ve only done the usual virus scans disk defrag and clean up and did a registry clean up once a few months ago which I now know is bad after reading through some threads Generally it s running sluggish and is probably just clogged with God knows what but it seems like it s just from three years of daily use My question is is there any general things I can do to clean it up Is there a thread with a list of programs I can use to give it a nice boost There s probably a lot of uneeded programs running in the background but I m not sur what is needed and what is not I was going to use the system restore DVD to wipe it clean like I bought it new but that seems a bit too drastic just to get it cleaned out Below is the Hijack log and also some of the dxdiag log so you know the system specs Thanks for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS ATK HControl exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS ATK ATKOSD exe C Program Files PeoplePC ISP Browser Bartshel exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA PeoplePC ISP Browser PPShared exe C Program Files PeoplePC ISP Browser Bartshel exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C WINDOWS system msfeedssync exe C Program Files PeoplePC Accelerated PeoplePC exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C PROGRA Adobe ADOBEF Flash exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home peoplepc com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http antwrp gsfc nasa gov apod astropix html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http home peoplepc com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file... Read more

Relevancy 49.02%

New member,Hi to the group
Ok, I upgraded the ram from 0.5 to 2 but it runs like a charm excuse the pun
my button for the mouse thing on my very basic laptop was broke, so I am using a USB mouse with a wheel
and I think that helps with the scrolling, my learning curve was about an hour but I have used windows phone
so I think that helped, the cd drive was broke so installed by USB, very impressed with that, all in all very pleased.
Well done MS you have a winner on your hands.

A:Running Windows 8 RTM on 7 year old laptop

Interesting, is that laptop's screen resolution running at native? Just curious.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/8249-running-windows-8-rtm-7-year-old-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all I have an HP G Notebook PC running Windows Home Premium I have had the laptop since and have used it for general everyday use Over the past couple of years it has become sluggish in its overall performance and has started some strange quirks Here are a few issues I m wondering about -Sometimes when waking it from hibernate the screen won t come on even though the computer will Even upon pressing the keyboard and mouse the screen still won t turn on It takes a hard shutdown and reboot before it turns back on - I generally keep it plugged in but it often tells me that the battery needs replacement and regularly suggests that I use an HP Smart AC Adapter quot for full performance quot Anyone heard of these and laptop with old issues HP 4-year General does it actually improve performance - I maintain and run Trend Microvirus antivirus software and run Advanced System Care to clean out the system however it has still General issues with 4-year old HP laptop become slow in its boot time and regular performance I don t store much on it so there are really no space issues as far as the hard drive indicates and it doesn t receive very heavy usage I m wondering is there anything I can General issues with 4-year old HP laptop do to try to improve the performance or is this a product of a -year old computer these days or General issues with 4-year old HP laptop rather a just a poor computer I d rather extend the life of it if possible over buying a new one right away Thanks for the help Mark nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

My laptop has in the last 24 hours become convinced it's end-Aug 2815 and keeps altering the time and date to tell me so. I can change it back, and it "sticks" with the correct time for a short while (but less than an hour) then changes itself back to 2815 again. I've checked for malware and viruses and not found anything, but the problem persists. Any ideas, anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-thinks-its-the-year-2815.614071/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a 2 yr old HP i7 laptop that will boot to Desktop.. and will stay there for hours.. HOWEVER.. when I click on ANYTHING it will shut down.. no BSOD.. it simply shuts down.

A:2 year old HP laptop Shuts down when click on ANYTHING

I can add that the CPU fan is working fine, no overheating. And I did a memtest on the RAM with another laptop.. they're ok.. And I'll add that it'll shut down after being on for a hour.. or a few minutes.. the time doesn't matter.. It'll shut completely off when ANYTHING is clicked.. on a dead space.. OR ON A PROGRAM ICON.. doesn't matter where the cursor is. just ONE click anywhere and it'll shut off..

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/2-year-old-hp-laptop-shuts-down-when-click-on-anything/19664.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I am off to Thailand for holidays and like to bring back a Laptop from Bangkok IT market for my 5 year old very intelligent baby nephew. Please suggest a few models that I can buy?
Is there any other technology/gizmo appropriate for a baby Einstein?
I ruled out X-Box and Sony Play Station. Any other?

Thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,
I have started to get fairly frequent BSoD on my Dell XPS 17 L10x laptop which I bought just over a year ago now. The error message at the top of the blue screen says "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal". The specs of the laptop are:
CPU: Intel i5 480m
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT435M
RAM: 4GB (not sure of specs)
HDD: 320 GB (again not sure of specs)
Sound: On board realtek, although I use an M Audio audio interface as I do some recording work.
I also use an external TV display as a second screen, which is connected using an HDMI cable. Hope this is enough information with the attached dump info.
Thanks in advance

A:Random BSoDs on one year old laptop

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible. Please attach the DMP files to your next post not to post one.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231903-random-bsods-one-year-old-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Windows 7 X64

Full retail version
Four year old Gateway M265-E laptop . . .
Fresh install four days ago.
New memory (4gb)

Thank you for your time and expertise. I have SCOURED the 'Net to try and find the latest drivers for my laptop. Gateway stopped supplying drivers in 2006 and 2007. I am grateful for your help!!

A:BSOD on 4 year old Gateway Laptop

No dump files were collected, did you run any system cleaner(such as Clceaner) after the crash?
If so wait for the computer to BSOD and re-upload the file

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155516-bsod-4-year-old-gateway-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I've read every post I could find on this so I'm sorry to ask another dumb question but here goes.

I created an access database (volunteer work) which has an autoincrement field to issue numbers to animals taken in at our shelter. My 'boss' (also a volunteer) wants this simple autoincrement changed to a value which begins with the two digit year and then has 4 digits, starting with 0001 which will increment sequentially and restart at 0001 with the new calendar year. Therefore, records will start with 10-0001, 10-0002, etc for this year and 11-0001, 11-0002 for next year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 49.02%

I have created
C:\00 - savehere \2012
C:\00 - savehere \2013
C:\00 - savehere \2014

current vba code is:-
ChDir "C:\00 - savehere \2012"
Range("c57:h102").ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=composedfn & ".pdf"
Is there a way to save to ChDir "C:\00 - savehere \ currentyear
without having to change the vba integer value to each new year? or using if statements for each year? So when the 1st of jan comes it automatically save to the new current year directory and if possible creates a directory at the start of each new year as well?

A:Solved: Save PDF to a year directory each new year or month

If folder exist....

' Does this directory exist? If not, create it.
If objFSO.FolderExists(strParentPath) = False Then
Set newFolder = objFSO.CreateFolder(strParentPath)
Wscript.Echo "Put a ocr fold here" &
Else
'Save it here code'
End If

This will get you the year
CurrentDate = Date
File_Year = DatePart("yyyy",CurrentDate)

You should be able to code it with this info

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-save-pdf-to-a-year-directory-each-new-year-or-month.1059389/
Relevancy 49.02%

I found a post on this exact topic from back in I am trying to incorporate the code into my database and am not able to get the code to work if I make any changes Here is the link to the previous thread http forums techguy org business- increment-field-including-year-restart- html I have also uploaded the database that was provided in the last post If I Autoincrement restart - year including field year each try to change the field and object names I appear to be unsuccessful in having the code still work even when I change the items in the code as well I woud like some help I would like for there to be a Autoincrement field including year - restart each year field called quot RequestDate quot that has the date stamp Autoincrement field including year - restart each year that is keyed in by the user Then after that is Autoincrement field including year - restart each year keyed in on the form the quot AssignmentID quot field is updated to the new assignment number The quot RequestDate quot quot Admit Date quot and quot AssignmentID quot quot ActualFWCNumber quot I am trying to do this in Access If I make changes either the number field doesn t autopopulate or the same number keeps repeating Any and all assistance on this would be great nbsp

A:Autoincrement field including year - restart each year

tamanthalou, welcome to the forum.
As you have posted the original database a copy of your database with no data in it would be better to understand your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autoincrement-field-including-year-restart-each-year.1132843/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I just got a new intel Ultrabook off a tiny foreign co on Amazon; and I'm just using it for browsing the internet mostly, but the browsers keep crashing particularly when downloading (small) files like pictures.

I'm worried that the processor may have been tampered with or it's been infected/in a botnet. Can I do anything to check these things?

Also- if not any recommendations on cheap repair shops in London etc?

Thanks,

Lucinda

A:New Acer Intel 5 laptop operating REALLY slowly; no warranty!?

First, see if the slowness and crashing applications are due to a startup or service conflict: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Keep only your antivirus software set to run on startup. Make sure the antivirus services and the startup software itself are selected to start on boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229950-new-acer-intel-5-laptop-operating-really-slowly-no-warranty.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I ALREADY INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 IN IT.IT WAS DOS WHEN DELIVERED.NOW CAN I DO SOMETHING SO THAT MY WARRANTY STarts FROM TODAY?

A:i bought new laptop today from flipkart,but my warranty star...

vinaydesai wrote:I ALREADY INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 IN IT.IT WAS DOS WHEN DELIVERED.NOW CAN I DO SOMETHING SO THAT MY WARRANTY STarts FROM TODAY?Hi, If you live within US and if you bought the computer from US you can call HP Support numberHP SUPPORT: 1800 474 6836 Let them know that you want to adjust the date of the warranty. You will be given a case number and they will send you a POP email or Proof of purchase email. All you need to do is to make a screenshot or scan of the official reciept then send it to the email they are going to provide. You will then be contacted by POP department tru call or email and the status will be updated. Cheers!   

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/i-bought-new-laptop-today-from-flipkart-but-my-warranty/td-p/5828194
Relevancy 48.59%

I want to to open up my laptop and clean the dust because I haven't done that since I bought it.Will that void warranty?

A:Will opening my laptop to clean dust void warranty?

Dear Customer,  The act of opening your notebook should not void your warranty. If you cause any damage during the process, or during self maintenance, without contacting HP Support then it can void your warranty.   Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-opening-my-laptop-to-clean-dust-void-warranty/td-p/5852921
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a notebook. Being a computer tech, i'd like to open it up and take a look inside.... And in the future if there is any upgrade/maintanence to perform, i'd like to do it myself.

Will this void the warranty?

And if i say i didn't open it, is there any way dell will find out that i opened it?

Hopefully some Techie here has already done it and knows the answer......... :).

Thanks,

A:Warranty void if i open the laptop? How does Dell know if i opened it?

No, but I can only speak for the models I am familiar with (see signature). After reading tons of posts on this forum I never recall this being a problem on any model.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/17292528
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi. I have an ACER EXTENSA and want to upgrade its memory from 4GB to 8GB.But am unclear of laptop warranty. And if it has to be done by the ACER service department. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Warranty-information-on-laptop-memory-upgrade-Acer-Extensa/td-p/463047
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi. I have an ACER EXTENSA and want to upgrade its memory from 4GB to 8GB.But am unclear of laptop warranty. And if it has to be done by the ACER service department. 

A:Warranty information on laptop memory upgrade Acer...

What model is it? Does it have a service hatch?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Extensa/Warranty-information-on-laptop-memory-upgrade-Acer-Extensa/td-p/463047
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a toshiba satellite L D-S it was working normally then suddenly I had a problem at boot up either underscore kept flashing forever and it wouldnt boot or it would say boot device not found as well as hard problems 1 massive year amount of laptop old drive not found When I am able to boot up after removing the battery and holding the power button for about twenty times it gives me the safety reboot options it works great for about 1 year old laptop massive amount of problems minutes then performance slows down making it almost useless I have not downloaded many programs into 1 year old laptop massive amount of problems it I have run both anti malware byes and anti virus no problems found I also note thy the processor it almost always running at to percent but doing something like just opening up the control panel drives it up to This satellite doesn t come with A recovery disk Windows was the pre installed os Please help Ive tried everything even safe mode lags It also takes about minutes for windows to fully load when it does boot up and lags tremendously afterwards anyways nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I cannot believe it. This damn laptop, out of the blue, completely died. Will not boot from hard drive, will not restore to the image I created on another partition...will not do anything. The recovery/restore programs actually throw an error...pretty ugly. So who knows what the heck this is. I have all malware/virus scanning - all of that is running and secure. It did a Windows update the very last time I shut down, and this is how it came up (or didn't!). I am beyond pissed...and hoping that the thing is not trash can material.

I have the "Samsung Media Recovery Disk", and am attempting to reinstall the system that way. As I have not done this before (at least on this laptop) I don't know what my next selection should be. I have attached a screen shot. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 48.59%

I have this laptop, dell latitude D620, using it from my old days when windows 7 had arrived. The thing is that i am not sure whether windows 10 will work fine on my fore mentioned laptop. And even if it is, what should i expect to loss? as in some files stored on windows partition or the entire HDD will be effected. I guess micrsoft was'nt very clear about the risks they mentioned.highly appreciated for your answer... :)

A:Will Win 10 run fine on a 5-year old Win7 Dell laptop

If you are talking about the free upgrade you shouldn't lose any of your own stuff.Whether the hardware is adequate is a different matter. Some more RAM would be worthwhile.What is the HD size and its free space?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/will-win-10-run-fine-on-a-5year-old-win7-dell-laptop/30.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I currently have an hp paviliondv gb RAM GHZ with windows and avast anti virus I just bought and returned a Samsung NP GB RAM GHZ with windows and Kepersky security As soon as I began surfing the net I noticed my new dollar purchase was actually slower than my hp I ran numerous speed tests and found out my less powerful hp was dogging my brand new more powerful computer Laptop old than HP New year Samsung is 8 windows slower 3 Best buy refunded the purchase completely but not with out a fight At first they said it was not the computers fault and the Samsung was indeed faster as they pointed out the GHZ advantage it had over the GHZ hp They said internet speed is the only factor when speed testing NONSENSE I tested both computers on the same internet and the hp was faster in every category every time The tech and I speed tested the two laptops once side by side and the hp won Still New windows 8 Samsung Laptop is slower than 3 year old HP he said It's not the computer I told them to have a side by side race with my hp times on the same internet opening a page and playing a video and that's when they refunded me completely including setup I went to the back of the store and the display model was out performing my hp Now I'm thoroughly confused Maybe the display has a different security program Is this a windows issue could Kapersky be causing lag Did I get a defected model hp has AMD processor and the Samsung has core i

A:New windows 8 Samsung Laptop is slower than 3 year old HP

It's between Kaspersky and Defective WiFi module.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/16899-new-windows-8-samsung-laptop-slower-than-3-year-old-hp.html
Relevancy 48.59%

We bought my son this laptop from Best Buy a couple of years ago nbsp He didn't really take to it because the track pad is so awful but he was just finally starting to use it with an USB mouse when Windows came out nbsp The OS upgrade was a year - Fan 2 laptop Notebook PC old HP Issue Envy fiasco nbsp We almost couldn't get Windows installed because Windows was reporting an issue with the fan nbsp After a calls HP Envy Notebook PC Fan Issue - 2 year old laptop with Microsoft support HP Envy Notebook PC Fan Issue - 2 year old laptop and many hours we finally got the upgrade completed nbsp However a few weeks after upgrading the operating system the computer stopped working altogether nbsp The message we get is the following nbsp nbsp The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly nbsp Then the system shuts down nbsp You can hit enter to allow the computer to startup normally nbsp It will still turn off though after a few minutes nbsp I just called HP support and was charged to ship my computer to them and have this issue resolved nbsp What choice did I have nbsp Otherwise this is simply an paperweight nbsp I asked if I could just purchase a warranty but apparently my calling support and reporting the issue would prevent me from simply purchasing the extended warranty for this machine nbsp Although I didn't try it nbsp Frankly this is highway robbery for a product this age and for the amount of time this computer has been been in operation nbsp It had only been lightly used or hours at most nbsp This issue is reported numerous times throughout the forums and obviously a faulty system design nbsp http h www hp com t Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions HP-Envy-M -A -Cooling-Fan-Not- http h www hp com t Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions HP-Envy- -cooling-fan-issue td https www youtube com watch v k LRS lm DcWhy should I have to pay this outrageous sum of money for something that is obviously a poorly designed system nbsp nbsp I nbsp would really appreciate a refund nbsp Is HP willing to stand by their products or not nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-Notebook-PC-Fan-Issue-2-year-old-laptop/td-p/5699517