Windows Support Forum

Office 2016 installation stuck "Finalizing Installation"

Q: Office 2016 installation stuck "Finalizing Installation"

Microsoft Office 2016 won't finish installing, it has been stuck on "finalizing installation. This may take a few minutes" for over a half an hour now. the progress bar is about three quarters full and has been for more than a half an hour. I googled the problem but only junk results came up. I googled the message again in quotes but only results pertaining to Office XP and Windows XP showed up, way too old and outdated to be of any relevance now days.

Can anybody help me get the ball rolling?

This is an ASUS T100TA Windows tablet

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54213-office-2016-installation-stuck-finalizing-installation.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Office 2016 installation stuck "Finalizing Installation"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.15%

Hello, I have a desktop here where any type of OS installations won't work. If installing Windows the installation get stuck at "Starting Windows" or can't find installation media.During the hang, my hard drive makes a clicking noise for like 10 secs and then stops. If installing Linux distributions, the installation reports that the device for the media is not ready. Any help is appreciated

PC
Acer Aspire AX1430G-UW30P
AMD E-450 dual core processor
AMD Radeon HD 6300 graphics

BTW im not sure if it's BIOS because I don't know if it's UEFI or EFI

A:Windows installation stuck at "Starting Windows" or "Device not ready" for linux

The clicking sound could be a bad HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-installation-stuck-at-starting-windows-or-device-not-ready-for-linux-1143458.html
Relevancy 81.53%

strange problem.
i've installed win 7 RTM X64
and when i get to Finalizing installation it get stuck for five minutes
and then the screen goes black and i can see the cursor and move it.
after five more minutes of nothing happening i get "preparing your desktop"
and then the screen fades out and stuck.

the disc is ok i've installed this on 10 computers perfectly.
also tried installing from DOK.

specs:
MB: asus m2r32-mvp, radeon hd 4870, amd athlon x2 5600 dual core and 4gb installed.
googled it and found no solution. please help!

A:stuck on finalizing installation

Have you tried booting into safe mode or a start up repair?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/18936-stuck-finalizing-installation.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hello everyone I recently bought a new Asus Notebook G JR and installed is your finalizing Stuck "Windows after settings" at re-installing Windows on it Didn't seem to have any problems Today all of a sudden when I turned it on it said that Windows failed to start and that I should go into recovery mode And after this the recovery loop occurred It was telling me that the errors were fixed but the next time I was starting it I had to go through the same process Finally I decided to re-install the Windows cleanly The process went fine but now it Stuck at "Windows is finalizing your settings" after re-installing has been stuck at quot Windows is finalizing your settings quot for several hours Tried to restart the laptop and reboot but it just skips ahead to resuming the installation I can't acces the BIOS either I've tried every key several times Maybe there's a fix to with the cmd exe Shift F but after quot tasklist v more quot there's a really long list and I don't know what to quot kill quot I'm out of ideas I don't know what to do anymore since I can't do anything on the laptop besides waiting I should also mention that I'm using a USB port to boot the installation from Before I decided to re-install the windows I was able to access the BIOS and I set it to boot from it first at start-up I assume it is still set that way Is there another way to install it cleanly Could this happen because the windows files are corrupted Edit I was thinking of buying a Windows OS but how do I know it won't behave the same as now and skip to the finalizing part again

A:Stuck at "Windows is finalizing your settings" after re-installing

Did you delete all partitions during the Clean Install Windows 7 using the Drive Options pictured in Steps 7 and 8? Try again and this time wipe the hard drive first with Diskpart Clean Command from the disk's System Recovery Options Command Line

Other tips and tricks here to get and keep a perfect install, even for retail: Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/339682-stuck-windows-finalizing-your-settings-after-re-installing.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Yo I'm writing this before having to do a complete wipeout of my system Specs Lenovo Y p Hybrid HDD Seagate TB m SSD Trascend GB Story so far Jump this in case you don't want to know the background So since build I've been using Windows Insider Preview IP as my mainly driver Until the 10586 on Your Windows B. 10 Settings" "Finalizing Stuck recent redstone builds Visual Studio has been plagued with problems From Windows Universal Apps Development to ASP NET I've installed Windows IP in the SSD and have been using it very happily since I've had no major issues until the ones I've outlined before In my Hybrid HDD I had Windows RTM installed and didn't use it for a quite while months When these problems rose I decided to start using that partition again but out of the blue it decided to start giving me some serious problems mostly the whole XAML interface Start Volumen Sound Battery etc didn't show up After trying Windows 10 B. 10586 Stuck on "Finalizing Your Settings" some fixes From reinstalling Windows Apps to Creating a separate user I decide to refresh the bits Unfortunately even after refreshing my machine didn't fix the XAML interface problems and even worse I got no possibility to run Universal Apps I went and ran some hard disk checkups from both the Lenovo Utility and CheckDisk and none threw an error The actual problem Yesterday Feb I decide to clean install Windows Build -bit in the Hybrid HDD partition without deleting the OEM reserved spaces and I'm stuck now on Finalizing the settings Is there a way to fix it Tried hitting Shift F but in that specific screen it does not work In previous screens there are no anomalies As last resort I must wipe out everything in both drives and start from zero I would not like to do that since Visual Studio is so painful to install takes too darned long Is there a way to resort to an alternate method Thanks

A:Windows 10 B. 10586 Stuck on "Finalizing Your Settings"

Well then. It's not that I wanted to do that... I ended up wiping both Windows Installations. I'm back on RTM. What I can guess is that the OEM reserved partition got corrupted somehow and broke the Other OS.

Anyways, will install Insider Preview when things are going better.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39803-windows-10-b-10586-stuck-finalizing-your-settings.html
Relevancy 110.94%

My aunt just purchased a Dell Inspiron 3455 all-in-one. After Windows installed I would do the basic set-up and set-up the wi-fi connection. Afterwards it would reboot then when it goes to the Windows "just a moment..." screen with the circle of animated dots it will stay on that screen and not do anything. I left it for hours and nothing happened. I tried the installation again without setting up an internet connection and same thing happens. 
What can I do to fix this problem?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19984766
Relevancy 110.94%

Hello Last night I turned off my computer normally Windows" in "Starting CD - installation/repair Even Stuck in logo The only thing different was that it installed some updates before turning off This morning when I turned it on I noticed that it got stuck on the quot Starting Windows quot logo screen I turned it off forcing it and turned it on again and asked me if Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD I wanted to start normally or repair When I clicked repair it got stuck on the loading bar thing At first the f button Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD wouldn't work but after a few tries it did and I can't get in safe mode either it gets stuck I gave up and since the computer is pretty much new so I don't have much installed on it I decided to just reformat it but even in the disk it gets stuck I downloaded a repair disc and it is stuck in the loading bar with the Microsoft Corportation below EDIT So I noticed when opening it up that the mobo has a red light located in the front panel header thing next to it it says LED R I'm not completely sure what it means but with my luck it probably died on me Should i post this in the mobo's section It was probably the updates so if I could somehow get it to unistall last night's updates and maybe preventing it from updating again since I'm freaked out it will get fixed maybe The question is how System specs System Manufacturer Model Number Built it myself OS Windows CPU intel quad core ghz Motherboard xfx i sli nforce Memory gb corsair gaming memory Graphics Card s pny nvidia geforce gts Sound Card on board sound Monitor s Displays vizio plasma tv Hard Drive gb WD HDD PSU watt Corsair Case CM Cooling Thermaltake V Thanx in advance

A:Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD

Lot's of issues with this mobo: http://www.google.com/search?q=LED1+...ient=firefox-a

Go into the BIOS and reset the board to default values.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-in-starting-windows-logo-even-in-installation-repair-cd-489239.html
Relevancy 110.94%

I've read a similar query but not any of the answers were able to solve my problem I have a dell studio laptop with regular specs windows home premium bit recently it used to give problems of sudden switch off with flash of a blue screen the problem was a virus as it also messed with my windows essential antivirus Repair installation Setup" on Stuck "Starting Windows Screen-Unabl 7 2 Anyhow so i installed Avast antivirus and run Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair a boot time scan with showed some viruses the problem Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair is that by mistake i put a windows temp file into the antivirus chest After that scan my windows is unable to boot properly I firstly tried the suggested option of windows repair but its stuck indefinately on the blue flowers screen with no activity I tried to repair with a bootable copy of windows but its stuck on the point where the windows searches the present os installed the os is listed there but the curser shows up as the circling one and does not turn normal even after a long time i tried re-installing windows but the screen is stuck at the point after it prompts you to choose GMT the screen says quot Setup is starting quot indefinitely again the same circling cursor The dell diagnostics when run says that I have hard drive error no - I followed a post by Greggocker and was able to backup my data using Peppermint live linux os I also read him suggesting to change settings of BIOS but problem is that my BIOS Phoenix A Does not have many options to change anything that he said I may also not be able to access it due to lack of knowledge so if it seems the case the explain the same No matter what windows copy i use its stuck also Im not an expert with installing windows - and none of my friend was able to help too so PLZ HELP

A:Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair

Quote: Originally Posted by harsh93singh09

I've read a similar query but not any of the answers were able to solve my problem.
I have a dell studio 15 laptop (1555) with regular specs windows 7 home premium 64 bit , recently it used to give problems of sudden switch off with flash of a blue screen , the problem was a virus as it also messed with my windows essential antivirus.
Anyhow , so i installed Avast antivirus and run a boot time scan with showed some viruses , the problem is that by mistake i put a windows/temp file into the antivirus chest . After that scan my windows is unable to boot properly.
I firstly tried the suggested option of
1)windows repair but its stuck indefinately on the blue flowers screen with no activity
2)I tried to repair with a bootable copy of windows but its stuck on the point where the windows searches the present os installed , the os is listed there but the curser shows up as the circling one and does not turn normal even after a long time.
3)i tried re-installing windows but the screen is stuck at the point after it prompts you to choose GMT , the screen says "Setup is starting" indefinitely, again the same circling cursor
4)The dell diagnostics when run says that I have hard drive error no. 2000-0146
I followed a post by Greggocker and was able to backup my data using Peppermint live linux os
I also read him suggesting to change settings of BIOS, but problem is that my BIOS(Phoenix A07) Does not have many options to change anything that he said(I may also not be able to access it due to lack of knowledge so if it seems the case the explain the same)
No matter what windows copy i use its stuck!!
also Im not an expert with installing windows - and none of my friend was able to help too so

PLZ HELP

The copy of windows (Iso File ) Does not have any problem as it runs on other computers finely

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349522-windows-7-installation-stuck-starting-setup-screen-unabl-2-repair.html
Relevancy 110.94%

Hi Guys, It's me again. I've reinstalled Windows on my netbook, and reached the final stage, so I've waited for the "Finalizing your Settings" to complete and I've run it overnight and even let it run whole day. And when I finally arrived from school it is still "Finalizing Your Settings". What should I do?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/63272-windows-8-1-installation-stuck-finalizing-your-settings.html
Relevancy 110.51%

I installed an ocz vertex 4 ssd (256g model) into my msi gt70 laptop. A product key came with the laptop, and I've burned windows 7 to a disc. I made sure the ssd has priority in the BIOS too.

When I start up the installation, it gets to the "Installing updates" step, but doesn't progress any further, the laptop is effectively frozen on that step. I've tried re-installing a couple times now and it continues to get stuck on "Installing updates".

Do I need an active internet connection for this step by any chance?

A:Windows 7 64B installation stuck on "Installing updates"

Hello angrychair, welcome to Seven Forums!

You do not need 'active' internet to install.

Study the information and steps outlined in the tutorials linked below to sort through each in-turn and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

If the installer is one you acquired perhaps the ISO file is bad and another will work; or if you burned it to DVD, another burn is needed, use ImgBurn at no greater than x4 speed with a verify. ImgBurn Free ISO Burning Software
If the PC is capable, add the installation files to a USB stick and boot that for the install. USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/245365-windows-7-64b-installation-stuck-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 110.51%

I SSD. installation" on windows new at "Completing 7 Stuck install bought a new SSD today It is a kingston v gb so I want Stuck at "Completing installation" install windows 7 on new SSD. to install windows on my new ssd I already have HDD installed One had the old windows so I install the SSD and do a complete rewiring of my pc because its to messy Then hooked up everything except the old HDD So i go to the bios and change the boot priority to my dvd drive but i notice that is doesnt detect my ssd I just proceed changing the setting to AHCI for TRIM Then reboot and go to the BIOS again Now it detect my SSD So i proceed install windows On the quot Where to install windows quot It says something like quot windows cant install on the drive quot cant remember I reboot the pc and enter the setup again and it went fine After reboot once it stuck at quot completing installation quot my mouse pointer wont hover Tried reinstalling it twice but still stuck there So i unplugged my ssd and just connect to my old HDD that has windows but now when it boot up on my old HDD it stuck on quot starting windows quot Did i do something wrong

A:Stuck at "Completing installation" install windows 7 on new SSD.

Now it doesnt posting. is my pc dead?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/267771-stuck-completing-installation-install-windows-7-new-ssd.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Hi All Upon trying to install MS Office from the CD D drive it pauses about of the way and I can hear and slightly feel the CD quot skipping quot making repetitive thud New CD Drive Installation Software "stuck." needed? sounds I have to continually open the CD drive and close it to keep it going New CD Drive needed? Software Installation "stuck." but then installation tops until New CD Drive needed? Software Installation "stuck." about where the CD just skips I tried moving the contents of the CD onto my C drive and install from there but that doesn t seem to work correctly I don t know why my CD drive is now skipping - this happened only once about months ago when I installed a game - but that was easily fixed by simply reinstalling the nd time All my movies dvds music CD s play fine so why is it different with this MS Office I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop using Windows Do I need new drivers or is it simply a faulty DVD drive If it s the latter how hard is it to change and do I have to get the specific one for my laptop Thanks much and anything is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 110.51%

Hi all Wanted to do a nice clean installation on a HP Compaq dc Convertible Minitower Using known good Windows volume USB which I have used a dozen times with no loading "Windows files..." at is stuck Installation issues Installation stuck at "Windows is loading files..." I get stuck at quot Windows is loading files quot as I don't think that screen is ever supposed to be there over an hour or so Linux mint live USB boots just fine Using Windows OEM disc not legal on that rig but I was testing I got past the loading screen and reached quot Windows cannot be installed to this disk This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk quot error instead I toyed around with ram sticks They're installed as they should be Then tried both of them in the correct black slot to see if one of them might be bad Then installed two additional sticks to see if it had enough memory to load the OS Same result I've reset the bios The SATA settings aren't on RAID The original OS that I'm trying to replace also boots just fine Just running out of ideas here

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/388634-installation-stuck-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 109.65%

Hi Team,

I am trying install windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on dell vostro laptop.. finally it got stuck in "Windows is finalizing your setting".
i have restarted the system couple of times but still its coming to the same windows appearing same windows and same message.. please help on the issue... please find the attached image...

Thanks & Regards
Naresh R
Reach me @ +91-9884747784

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5e2b4f32-1b98-457b-9d51-91618411fb6c/windows-7-ultimate-installation-stuck-on-finalizing-your-settings?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 109.22%

I've been browsing Google and these forums for ideas the last week as to why the the installation would hang at this point, but have found no solid answers that work. so far I've tried the following:
Unplugging all USB devices that aren't needed.
Updated Bios to the most recent version available and reset back to defaults.
Double check that all essential hardware is compatible with 64 bit ( the documentation I've found says that all of my hardware is ok).
Tried booting from DVD, burned at slowest speed.
Tried booting from USB.
Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions with the same results

Any Ideas to why Windows hangs at the "completing installation" point?

A:Stuck on "completing installation" on Windows 7 X64

Quote: Originally Posted by halomaster

I've been browsing Google and these forums for ideas the last week as to why the the installation would hang at this point, but have found no solid answers that work. so far I've tried the following:
Unplugging all USB devices that aren't needed.
Updated Bios to the most recent version available and reset back to defaults.
Double check that all essential hardware is compatible with 64 bit ( the documentation I've found says that all of my hardware is ok).
Tried booting from DVD, burned at slowest speed.
Tried booting from USB.
Tried both 32 and 64 bit versions with the same results

Any Ideas to why Windows hangs at the "completing installation" point?

RAID driver? Max mem or Max cpu checked. Has the dvd been successful in installing win 7 before?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/84227-stuck-completing-installation-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Hello Last night I turned off my computer normally The only thing different was that it installed in Installation Windows" in Stuck CD "Starting Even - the some updates before turning off This morning when I Stuck in "Starting Windows" - Even in the Installation CD turned it on I noticed that it got stuck on the quot Starting Windows quot logo screen I turned it off forcing it and turned it on again and asked me if I wanted to start normally or repair When I clicked repair it got stuck on the loading bar thing At first the f button wouldn't work but after a few tries it did and I can't get Stuck in "Starting Windows" - Even in the Installation CD in safe mode either it gets stuck I gave up and since the computer is pretty much new so I don't have much installed on it I decided to just reformat it but even in the disk it gets stuck I downloaded a repair disc and it is stuck in the loading bar with the Microsoft Corportation below EDIT So I noticed when opening it up that the mobo has a red light located in the front panel header thing next to it it says LED R I'm not completely sure what it means but with my luck it probably died on me It was probably the updates so if I could somehow get it to unistall last night's updates and maybe preventing it from updating again since I'm freaked out it will get fixed maybe The question is how System specs System Manufacturer Model Number Built it myself OS Windows CPU intel quad core ghz Motherboard xfx i sli nforce Memory gb corsair gaming memory Graphics Card s pny nvidia geforce gts Sound Card on board sound Monitor s Displays vizio plasma tv Hard Drive gb WD HDD PSU watt Corsair Case CM Cooling Thermaltake V Thanx in advance

A:Stuck in "Starting Windows" - Even in the Installation CD

Have you tried to start it again repeatedly hitting f8 and then choosing Safe Mode? If it will make it into Safe Mode you can revert back to a System Restore point, preferably prior to the updates.

Since you stated this to be a new PC I would also try and reseat all your RAM, cables and card since things get roughed up sometimes in shipping and problems don't always show up immediately, just be sure to remove power connection from the PC and to ground your hand by placing it on the power supply body for a few moments prior to touching anything else, if you have a grounding strap so much the better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/90563-stuck-starting-windows-even-installation-cd.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Upon uninstalling Microsoft Office Home and Student I received a error because the installation was a bit corrupted I guess some files were missing or whatsoever so I used Revo uninstaller if you know what that is to remove any related leftover registry keys and leftover files and folders The job was well done and I decided to reinstall Office Home and Student This is where the problem starts After running the setup I waited for it to finish installing Then right at the end I get a error as seen in this image So Office Home "Error" installation & Student what I did was I went to Regedit and did a simple quot search quot for the registry key shown in the error and I actually found it which was in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE and there on ahead I tried clicking on the key to see the problem and I get a error message popping up saying So after that error I tried right clicking on the key and clicking on permissions to give myself quot full access quot for the key Office Home & Student "Error" installation Turns out this is what happened I get another error saying quot You do not have permission to view the current permission settings for E F FEC but you can make permission changes quot I didn't really know how to make permission changes Office Home & Student "Error" installation especially when I saw nothing in permission changes not one single user and I knew I had to make one except I was hoping you guys to fix the problem in this case I tried deleting the key as well and I got another error saying quot Cannot delete E F FEC Error while deleting key quot So I'm just buried with this burden of the installation because I want to get it through The key's default location is HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Installer UserData S- - - Components D FFBA ACD FACF F CCFE DBDA E F FEC I hope someone can help me fix this problem Thank you very much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/office-home-and-student-error-installation-527897.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Trying to reinstall Office 97 on a laptop where it is presently installed. Error message says "dos and windows programs cannot be installed on this computer". Separate problem; on this same computer, when saving Word documents, only the first letter of any file name is shown in the my document file

A:Office/Word 97 installation and "save" problems

What make and model laptop? What operating system is running on it? It sounds suspiciouly like a message you might get trying to install a Windows or DOS program on an Apple notebook (laptop).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-word-97-installation-and-save-problems.289021/
Relevancy 108.79%

I am trying to install Microsoft Works 2000 onto a Windows Me machine. However about half way through the installation process it stops and says "Setup could not launch MDAC Installation" So I went to microsoft's MDAC page and downloaded the current MDAC version, installed it, however i'm still getting the same error message when I try to install MS Works 2000. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

A:Microsoft Works 2000 installation Problem "Setup couldn't Launch MDAC Installation"

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157688

Please post only once. Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-2000-installation-problem-setup-couldnt-launch-mdac-installation.157690/
Relevancy 108.79%

I am trying to install Microsoft Works 2000 onto a Windows Me machine. However about half way through the installation process it stops and says "Setup could not launch MDAC Installation" So I went to microsoft's MDAC page and downloaded the current MDAC version, installed it, however i'm still getting the same error message when I try to install MS Works 2000. Anybody know how to fix this problem?

A:Microsoft Works 2000 installation Problem "Setup couldn't Launch MDAC Installation"

http://www.computing.net/office/wwwboard/forum/1130.html

Not sure if that will work for you or not........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-2000-installation-problem-setup-couldnt-launch-mdac-installation.157688/
Relevancy 107.93%

I had to run "Clean Up" under advice of the "Hijack This Log Help" forum, but after doing so, my Office installation was corrupted, since it didnt found a file.

I reinstalled and solved the problem.

This happened to my cousin too, using "Clean Up"... why does it happened?

What can I do to prevent it? Clean Up is a very good software, and I would like to continue using it (withouth screwing my pc of course )

A:"Clean Up" Blew up my Office installation

This may answer your question

Microsoft Office XP (all editions), unfortunately, seems to store some required information in *.bak files. This goes against the common convention that *.bak files are "backup files" that can be removed without any harm. As a result, I have added a "safety check" in CleanUp! 4.0 (and later) so that it will not delete any ".bak" files from the:

...\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\...

and similar folders. In earlier versions of CleanUp!, this problem causes a minor inconvenience but does not cause any serious damage.

http://cleanup.stevengould.org/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/clean-up-blew-up-my-office-installation-57167.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hello all for days now iv been trying to install w bit i have read a lot of messages here about fixing my problem and non Windows 32bit installation" "completing (AGA installation 7 at freezes of them was a success When installing w after the first reset the installation returns to the screen where it shows the progress of the installation the only thing left is quot completing installation quot it hangs on that screen for hours and wouldnt contoniue i can move my mouse but it dosent give much help things i tried untill now disconnecting all drives beside the one i want to install w on it Windows 7 32bit installation freezes at "completing installation" (AGA disconnecting a pci card of USB slots disable all usb controls from bios my mouse and keyboard are connected with quot blue quot and quot purple quot connections disable floppy which does not exist - which didnt solve the problem but made the installation much faster Change in the bios from PCI to PEG Additional Notes I have only one monitor which is a LCD TV which connected to the nvidia graphic card with DVI to HD cable in the installation it shows that i have partitions in this hardisk and i have only as far as i know the third one has a MB capacity mybe its related some how I have seen that people gave suggestions about a utility which fixes the hardrive and maybe solve the problem but i have no operating system to do so I dont know much about my computer and i dont have any operating system to check it i only know that i have intel core ghz gb ram some gigabyte motherboard and some nvidia graphic card Please help me im one step away from installing XP again

A:Windows 7 32bit installation freezes at "completing installation" (AGA

Is it the stage where it freezes ?
Which process of installation are you trying ? Are you upgrading your XP installation with windows 7 ; or you installing 7 with formatting the C drive ? Sometimes upgrading takes enormous time to be completed compared with clean install .

You follow this tutorial : Clean Install Windows 7 ... follow steps 6, 7 and 8 carefully , I hope there would not be a further problem . All the best

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/120633-windows-7-32bit-installation-freezes-completing-installation-aga.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Good morning people of Seven Forums My laptop which is an Acer Apsire V - P touchscreen Windows laptop for some reason I cannot install Windows on another partition without any problems So I created a GB partition or so in Windows and tried to boot off of the Windows disk The first problem occurs and I cannot boot from the disk It gets stuck right when the Windows color balls are about Clean "Starting Stuck Windows Dual-Boot is Installation Windows" on 7 to get together I disabled secure boot and fast startup which means it cannot be the problem I Windows 7 Clean Dual-Boot Installation is Stuck on "Starting Windows" figured out a nice workaround to the problem I booted into Windows and started the Windows install from within Windows The install went smoothly on the partition Then after one hour of installing and going through the 'Expand Windows Files' and stuff boom I'm stuck on quot Starting Windows quot Windows is still bootable and a Windows option is available on the graphical Windows Boot Menu I have waited for up to hours before and it still cannot boot past this screen I have tried all sorts of Windows disks with no avail Many of them are disks that come from the Digital River ISOs provided here on Seven Forums So after about installs I decided to wait and wait until my computer goes past this step But no It has been stuck at quot Starting Windows quot for right under hours now I know from previous experiences that Windows does not take this long to install My desktop took around - minutes to install and I don't know what to do Thanks Matthew LCT a System Specifications Model Acer Aspire V - CPU Intel Core i RAM GB GB usable OEM OS Windows Home Edition x Year of Manufacture

A:Windows 7 Clean Dual-Boot Installation is Stuck on "Starting Windows"

Are you installing to UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums?

If UEFI you may need to enable CSM or LEgacy BIOS to get Win7 to install, set UEFI First to Boot. Then you must choose the UEFI DVD choice to boot the disk.

Otherwise you can Bypass UEFI to Install WIn7.

If this is a normal BIOS then look over these steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums which overcome 90% of installation failures. However since wiping the HD is the most effective step if that is all you haven't tried you might want to save a Win8 backup image so you can wipe the drive and reapply it afterward to its own partition, add it from Win7 using EasyBCD (click Download - no Name or Email required). It may still require Windows 8 Automatic Repair from the 8 installation media to get it to boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/329432-windows-7-clean-dual-boot-installation-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hello First let me tell you about my system nbsp nbsp This is an Inspiron E laptop with the T Core Duo processor running at GHZ nbsp nbsp It has GB of RAM and a brand new GB Hitachi Travelstar hard drive RPM nbsp nbsp It also has the GeForce Go GS video card nbsp nbsp nbsp It previously had Windows XP Professional bit and worked fine nbsp nbsp But I have three computers in my home and home office with E1705/9400 Inspiron Windows with entries exclamation "Base Device" my under point two Devices" "Other on - Installation New System Minor for Problem yellow 7 and would like them all to work better together on my wired home network so I am upgrading all three to Windows nbsp nbsp My two desktops one is Dimension XPS and the other is Dimension XPS seem like they will be no problem to upgrade to Windows nbsp nbsp But this laptop was not listed on Dell s Windows Compatibility List nbsp nbsp However the Windows Upgrade Advisor that I downloaded and ran seemed to say that Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point it was OK to do a clean install of bit Windows and it only Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point had a few minor concerns where it said to check for updated drivers from the manufacturer nbsp nbsp The laptop originally came with a GB hard drive nbsp nbsp For my use that is getting very small so I decided to get the same exact RPM drive in the GB size nbsp nbsp This will allow me to do a clean install of the bit Windows OS on the new hard drive and not have to wipe the old drive to do it nbsp nbsp I can just hold onto the old HD and stick it back in whenever I might need to get something off of it So here is my minor problem nbsp nbsp After transferring a few needed items off the old hard drive I installed the new GB drive and did a clean install of the bit version of Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp I m happy to report that I had virtually no problems with the installation and everything appears to be working fine nbsp nbsp It seems a little bit more zippy than it was before and I haven t run into anything so far that doesn t seem to be working nbsp nbsp I have gone through most of the features and most everything looks great nbsp nbsp But there is one minor problem showing in the Device Manager nbsp nbsp At least I think it s a minor problem but maybe someone else can give me some input as to whether it is or not In the Device Manager List there is a category now called quot Other Devices quot and the icon shows a little white circle with a question mark in it nbsp nbsp nbsp When you expand this category you see two identical entries that say nbsp nbsp quot Base System Device quot nbsp and the icon has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I know from previous experience that it s not a good thing to see items in the Device Manager that have a yellow circle with an exclamation point nbsp nbsp I have clicked on both of these and neither one really tells you what the device is or who made it or who s website you would go to for a driver nbsp nbsp nbsp Under the general tab it has the following information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI Bus nbsp Device nbsp Function nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Under De... Read more

A:Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point

BTW, I just downloaded and installed the driver pack from that ftp location and it worked, even for Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.
Thanks Steve!

Roger

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19313275
Relevancy 102.34%

I can't seem to install Windows 7 on my PC after I installed my new ASUS EAH5450 Series
graphics card,but before I installed the card Windows 7 works perfectly fine on my PC,here's what i've tried to do

1.Restore BIOS Settings to default
2.Wipe the WHOLE hard disk
3.Remove the graphics card and try to install Windows 7

none have worked so I tried to check my PC with "Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor" and the results came out,everything is compatible except my software which i will CLEAN install not upgrade.

My Spec is
Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU E6300 2.80GHz
RAM 2GB DDR2
Graphics card is (OnBoard) nVidia GeForce 7050
and like I said I installed ASUS EAH5450 Series (1GB DDR3)

A:Windows 7 installation hangs on "Completing Installation"

you might want to go back and make sure your bios settings are configured correctly, default is not necessarily optimal or correct.

formatting the drive in the window's installer is a good thing.

try it again from the top after confirming the bios settings. if you have all sata drives you might want to make sure ahci is enabled.

also you might try disabling the onboard video. if you can see the install process on the new video card it should be fine. also i am thinking that having both enabled should not be an issue, but it might be a driver conflict. having only one enabled simplifies things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/193028-windows-7-installation-hangs-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 102.34%

So i am installing Windows 7 Home Premium x32-bit to my laptop, which right now has Ultimate installed. I am trying to do a clean install. Every time i go trough the options, i never receive the window asking for type of installation (upgrade or clean install). image related.

I don't know if it's because i am have no way to upgrade. I tried this on another laptop that had windows vista, and it did not give me the option either. After installing Windows 7, i had some previous files show up on my newly install windows 7 laptop. I am planning on selling my laptop, and i don't want any of my files on the PC.

Thank you.

A:Installation of Windows 7 "no option for custom installation"

Download Darrick's Boot and Nuke (DBAN). Use it as input to a program like ImgBurn to create a bootable CD.

Boot it. When you get to the prompt, type autonuke and press Enter. Let it run for a few minutes. That will wipe out the MBR (Master Boot Record) and the Partition Table so the drive will be unallocated, unformatted (RAW).

Now start your install by booting the Win 7 install DVD. It will take care of everything for you and there will be nothing left of your data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/287915-installation-windows-7-no-option-custom-installation.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Dear Sirs I've spent last hours trying to fight the fate and I know there's been a lot of discussions around this issues But whatever I do my windows x would not proceed and is stuck at Expanding Windows Files Stage What I've Done - I have a pack of DVDs - both native one OEM and one from torrents written is 0%" 7 is Windows stuck back Installation Files on "Expanding - Windows at x - oh how stupid was I back then and how naive x and finally x and x speeds - in vain - I also created a bootable flash drive to use instead of DVD - did not make any difference - I tried testing and Windows 7 Installation is stuck on "Expanding Windows Files 0%" - is back removing my RAM one at a time changed slots etc - nope Memtest runs like a charm runs with windows utility Windows 7 Installation is stuck on "Expanding Windows Files 0%" - is back and in-bios utility - I tried to disable EVERYTHING in BIOS I could find - including support for legacy USB drives not when I was trying USB though - it would not find it Could not find any mentioning of Floppy or Tech Bridge Or K which helped some other people - I tried to eject-reinsert the DVD drive while installing as some people reported it helped - I even switched SATA cables swapped SATA cables and switched off everything else except for PS Keyboard even USB mouse was gone HDD and DVD - I formatted my HDD and I used both quot delete partition quot and quot format partition quot - on the dialogue where you choose where to install windows - Windows 7 Installation is stuck on "Expanding Windows Files 0%" - is back I booted from Boot Disk Utility to check HDD for bad sectors and format it again - Finally I tried some vodoo magic which apparently proved ineffective as well I am still sitting here and looking at quot Expanding Windows Files quot wondering if there is a chance for me to get this done My specs i- k - processor P S-C B Motherboard GeForce Ti video Gb x sticks Ram WD Blue GB HDD Would appreciate greatly any help and suggestions This same PC did not have any issues installing windows last year when I assembled it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-installation-is-stuck-on-expanding-windows-files-0-is-back-739809.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello, cheers to all of you who are trying to help!

Like the title says, I'm trying to install Windows 7 on Toshiba Equium and every time setup stops on the "Expanding Windows files (0%)". I've tried to google the solution but not a thing I tried helped.

Been there, done that list:
Memtest
Complete disk format (filling with 0's)
IDE/AHCI
Burning new DVDs
Using bootable USB
Debug mode
Reseting CMOS (default BIOS settings)
Selecting partition active with DISKPART
Do you have some other ideas other than what I've tried? In either way, I'm very thankful!

A:Windows 7 x86 and x64 installation stuck at "Expanding Windows Files"

Hello Cabbageman, welcome to Seven Forums!

The one thing you didn't mention is the probable suspect, where did the Windows installer you are using come from, perhaps that is the issue and securing another installer will sort it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248090-windows-7-x86-x64-installation-stuck-expanding-windows-files.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi Everyone to post OS "IDE" from mode installation XP change How to "AHCI" Here I am going to descibe how to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don't reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation-705170.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi Everyone Here I post OS to "AHCI" installation "IDE" XP to How mode change from am going to descibe how How to change XP from "IDE" to "AHCI" mode post OS installation to change Windows XP from using quot IDE quot to quot AHCI quot mode post OS installation If your looking to install an SSD into a Windows XP computer you will likely find these instructions invaluable Most XP computers due to their vintage are running in quot IDE quot mode and it turns out that SSDs perform best when running in quot AHCI quot mode The root of what follows comes from these instructions so credit to those who deserve it Also thanks go out to Alexoiu who pointed me in the right direction here INSTRUCTIONS Download the appropriate SATA driver from your motherboard manufacturers site the file is typically quite small mine was under Mb Extract the file to your hard drive Locate the ahcix sys file you may need to uncheck quot Hide extensions for known file types quot in order to see the correct file Copy ahcix sys Paste ahcix sys into System Drivers typcially C Windows System Drivers Download Add AHCI to XP Post Installation reg to a convenient location Double click on the Registry file to install it Click on quot Yes quot when the screen below is presented - Click on quot OK quot when the screen below is presented - Shutdown Turn the computer on whilst tapping on DEL F Relevant Key per motherboard to enter the BIOS settings Set the BIOS IDE mode to AHCI it was likely set to IDE or Legacy IDE Exit the BIOS saving changes this results in the computer rebooting again Once Windows XP starts you will be prompted to install drivers - a Check quot No not this time quot when the screen below is presented - b Click on quot Next quot c Uncheck quot Search removable media d Check quot Include this location in the search quot e Click on Browse f Navigate to the folder which contains ahcix sys Same file as Step g Click on OK h Click on Next i Follow any prompts to install that may be presented j Once the driver is installed successfully you will see the screen below or one that is similar depending on your chipset - k Click on quot Finish quot Reboot your computer one last time If you don t reboot straight away XP will often prompt you to reboot shortly after the ahcix sys driver is installed Congratulation you are now running in AHCI mode and can enjoy the full potential of your SSD Kind Regards Davo P S Paragon Migrate OS to SSD is excellent software for migrating from mechanical drives to SSDs I have personally used it on at least computers of those were Windows and one was Windows XP on all occasions the software has performed flawlessly I am not associated with Paragon but praise is deserved for this software package nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-xp-from-ide-to-ahci-mode-post-os-installation.1106746/
Relevancy 98.9%

I recently 2016 send Office mapi email, failure error" "unspecified to upgraded to Win also installed Office Pro Plus My Brother all in one printer scanned to email easily on Office 2016 send to email, mapi failure "unspecified error" Win no longer does Brother could not figure it out I tried sending to email from Word get quot mapi failure unspecified error quot Hoping that if I can solve this scan to email will also work I have researched this issue for many hours can find no solutions that are not old ones referring to files and directories that do not exist Tried renaming mapi dll after installing the quot take ownership quot app to no avail It never gets reinstalled Tried copying it from a newer laptop still no joy Using Windows Live mail client set as default in Windows Most of the posts I can find on the internet regarding the mapi failure are for older systems this is very new Windows and new Office Very disappointed in Microsoft issuing new software that will not work together

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/59070-office-2016-send-email-mapi-failure-unspecified-error.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hallo everyone,

Since yesterday, I get an error in Word: "there are too many edits in the document. This operation will be incomplete. Save your work."

I've read on the internet something about the cache with temporary files but the cache is as good as empty. I also have 773 GB of free disk space (C-drive). It is a new laptop.

I am currently working on my final project for highschool. The error appears when I try to past an image from internet.

Can you guys help me with this? It's very frustrating.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52048-errorin-office-2016-there-too-many-edits-document.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello!

Well, I built a new computer for myself, every piece of it brand new. So I slapped a brand new harddrive into my old chassis and I'm setting that one up for my parents.

I tried to install a 32-bit version of WIndows 7 via Upgrade disk on a clean drive. Worked doing the 64-bit version on my new PC, but right about when it says "Loading System Services", it says the installation can't be complete and that I have to restart it.

Not sure what to do here. Looked up some solutions but they're not really helping.

A:"Cannot complete installation. Please restart installation."

Please fill in your System Specs in bottom left hand corner of post.

Where did you get Win7? Is this a disk which has successfully installed before? Did you burn it yourself?

If so after confirming or downloading another ISO try burning another using ImgBurn at 4x speed.

Reset the BIOS to defaults: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS. While in BIOS setup set SATA controller to AHCI.
Unplug all other HD's and peripherals.

If install fails again, post back exact error message text or you can google it yourself to see how others resolved it.

Next wipe the HD with Diskpart Clean Command from DVD utilizing DISKPART At PC Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/220668-cannot-complete-installation-please-restart-installation.html
Relevancy 97.61%

So I was trying to install Office Pro Plus Volume licence and every time I try it just ends up with Microsoft Office encountered an error during setup This is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea why it's happening since it doesn't display any specific error message and was wondering if someone could help me out with this I simply start setup exe click on customise and run all from my computer from the first box which just says Microsoft Office workplace tutorial says to do so and then just click Install now then after or so minutes it just comes up with the message quot Microsoft Office Professional Plus encountered an error during setup quot with the only other option being to either click the question mark Failed 2016 Installation Office which just opens a generic help page or click close Now here's the thing before I upgraded Windows to the anniversary update I had Office installed from this method but office always acted weird such as the whole word window acting unresponsive if I were to minimise it and then re-opening it after I check something in chrome so just before upgrading I uninstalled office and was hoping to re-install once I got upgraded yet now the installation Office 2016 Installation Failed fails every time I initially thought maybe this was because there were leftover files from the uninstall but after following a manual uninstall guide from Microsoft it still failing to install so now I'm in dire need of help

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/65288-office-2016-installation-failed.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi everyone!
I've been trying to install Windows 7 on my ancient machine but it just won't install. I have run the upgrade assistant on the machine which currently runs on Windows XP SP3 x86 and it said the PC was compatible.
First I tried doing a clean setup by booting directly from disk, but the setup stopped at "Starting Windows." Next I tried installing by running autoplay, but that installation got stuck at the same point (after the PC rebooted, at "Starting Windows").
I have done a Google search and tried disabling legacy usb support from the BIOS settings, but that isn't working either.
I'd really appreciate any help I could get, thanks!

A:Windows 7 Installation Stuck at "Starting Windows"

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. (If an EFI BIOS you'll need to decide if you want UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS. If UEFI follow these special steps for Install, otherwise enable Legacy BIOS or Compatibility Support Module to proceed with normal install.) Set DVD drive first to boot, HD second, set SATA controller to AHCI, Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into Windows 7 installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here. Your installer is suspect so replace it now.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10, or enter System Recovery Options to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt. You are creating the partition here for the purpose of wiping the HD and marking Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/299807-windows-7-installation-stuck-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I have had this problem numerous times in the past where the installation proceeds "cannot installation device." specified" the "during find file the the of then ends with the messages During "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." the installation of the device The system cannot find the file specified and it goes into a detection loop HERE is the solution Windows XP has a bug that it cannot properly detect new hardware by inf "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." files if the RunOnce registry key "cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device." is missing for the following location HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion This key is often used by installers to execute post-reboot programs but sometimes they accidentally delete this key IMPORTANT This article contains information about modifying the registry Make sure that you understand how to backup and restore the registry in case a problem occurs Please read the linked Microsoft Knowledge Base article prior to editing the registry Go to Start Run and enter quot regedit quot Go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion With CurrentVersion Highlighted go to the Edit menu and select New Key Name the key RunOnce leaving everything else about the key alone The RunOnce key should now exist underneath the CurrentVersion key Once the key exists Windows XP stops redetecting the Hardware nbsp

A:"cannot find the file specified" "during the installation of the device."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-the-file-specified-during-the-installation-of-the-device.235959/
Relevancy 96.32%

Machine is Toshiba L -C- c Windows Home Bit Core Office Installation, 2016 1603 Error I Gb Toshiba TB Office 2016 Installation, Error 1603 Disk Office 2016 Installation, Error 1603 Originally the primary problem was that ITunes wasn't syncing IPad From Office 2016 Installation, Error 1603 Apple help noticed that USB hub controller was not detected and that Apple USB driver was not being activated Simply wasn't there after numerous fixes Spoke to Apple went up to them they suggested doing reinstall of Windows Notice from McAfee reports that administrator account wasn't complete which was puzzling It's a Toshiba disk which I find notoriously unreliable Windows was restored Restore took hours yip suggesting something possibly wrong with the disk It did do a clean disk half through the operation and after completed reinstalled ITunes iPad synced right away with the Apple USB driver activating correctly in the USB device hierarchy shown in device manager and disappearing after sync was completed So the original problem was fixed Did a short DST test and it came back OK Looked at SMART diagnostics and they were fine as well So disk seems to be in good condition considered it only months old and managed to install a bundle of software which went in fine So we come to the error on install of Office x Worked the problem according to Microsoft Enabled logging by setting up a config xml and loading it on the command line Verbose logging showed some error codes below MSI ACTIONSTART 'Action CAOSMRegisterLogonTask x ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec ERROR The system cannot find the path specified ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec Error x Command line returned an error ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec Error x CAQuietExec Failed' MSI INFO 'CustomAction CAOSMRegisterLogonTask x returned actual error code note this may not be accurate if translation happened inside sandbox ' MSI INFO 'Action ended InstallExecute Return value ' MSI COMMONDATA 'Message type Argument ' MSI COMMONDATA 'Message type Argument ' MSI COMMONDATA 'Message type Argument ' MSI COMMONDATA 'Message type Argument Microsoft Office OSM MUI English ' MSI ACTIONSTART 'Action Rollback Rolling back action ' Log level changed from Standard to Verbose MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec ERROR The system cannot find the file specified ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec Error x Command line returned an error ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec Error x CAQuietExec Failed' MSI INFO 'CustomAction CAOSMRegisterFallBackTaskRollback x returned actual error code but will be translated to success due to continue marking' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec ERROR The system cannot find the file specified ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec Error x Command line returned an error ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec Error x CAQuietExec Failed' MSI INFO 'CustomAction CAOSMRegisterLogonTaskRollback x returned actual error code but will be translated to success due to continue marking' MSI COMMONDATA 'Message type Argument ' MSI COMMONDATA 'Message type Argument ' MSI INFO 'Action ended INSTALL Return value ' Followed the Microsoft advice Checked the permissions on the directory that it was installing too Checked the SYSTEM had full control Checked to ensure the folder it was installing into was also not encrypted Tried a whole bundle of stuff even checking the the task scheduler was working Seems to be happening here CustomAction CAOSMRegisterLogonTask x returned actual error code Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/62200-office-2016-installation-error-1603-a.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Searched the forums but did not come up with this problem being posted here yet so apologies if I missed it am repeating this I have a Windows on my computer and recently acquired a copy of Office Professional through Hubby's work for a discount However We have been trying for days now to install it and it will not complete the installation The most common problem being that it hangs at and just sits there and won't progress any further even after being left over night I have tried posting this problem on the Microsoft Community boards but they have been complete not 2016 installation Office Professional will less than helpful in finding a solution Of the things they have suggested I tried them all but to no avail The suggestions they gave that I have tried are as follows quot Follow these steps and download Office again First check Office 2016 Professional will not complete installation the type of internet connection you are using Wired or Wireless If you are using a wireless connection then you may try Office 2016 Professional will not complete installation to hardwire the connection Try downloading Office now and check if you are able to install Office normally In case the Office 2016 Professional will not complete installation above step still does not work then follow these steps Stop the Print Spooler service from Services msc Disable the Anti-Virus Security Software for a while until you complete installing Office Check if you are able to install Office now quot Nope didn't work and my computer ishardwired Next advice they gave was as follows and also didn't work quot In Task Manager make sure there are no Office or Office tasks running Then restart the computer and try installing Office again making sure that there are no Office tasks are running in Task Manager prior to running the Office installation Check the above and let us know if it helps quot Nope still notta While it is hanging at I have checked my task manager and all the columns CPU Memory Disk Network were all sitting at Funny thing is Hubby was able to acquire a second copy via coworker and it installed completely fine without issue on our windows laptop We do not have any other copies of Office or any office related program on this computer nor has there ever been We have uninstalled rebooted and tried reinstalling several times all with the same result of getting stuck at then going nowhere We even tried the bit version in hope that it would work because the bit version wouldn't install but or it's the same problem There was ONE time and one time only though I couldn't tell you what if anything we did differently that it got past and came up with an error message saying some items couldn't be installed because of some reason I failed to take note of it at the time and it hasn't recurred since and gave me the option to retry installing those items it didn't list what they were or ignore So I clicked retry and after a several minutes of it trying again the same message popped up I believe I tried retry three more times before finally clicking ignore and being told that if I ignored it that I may have to go into program and setting later to repair office because some feature may not work right At that point Office SEEMED to work until I rebooted the computer At that point I got a pop-up message which I again failed to take note of with an error saying I need to run the installer again because it didn't install or finish installing or something of that nature So I ran the installer again this time it hung at and didn't move even after hours of letting it run So again I uninstalled everything rebooted and started fresh and am now back at the hanging at thing It's very frustrating A brand new expensive product that is meant for windows but can't be installed on it I'm very perplexed Any thoughts on this or what I can try or do

A:Office 2016 Professional will not complete installation

Originally Posted by Chronia

Searched the forums but did not come up with this problem being posted here yet. so apologies if I missed it am repeating this.

I have a Windows 10 on my computer and recently acquired a copy of Office 2016 Professional through Hubby's work for a discount. However We have been trying for 3 days now to install it and it will not complete the installation. The most common problem being that it hangs at 90% and just sits there and won't progress any further even after being left over night.

I have tried posting this problem on the Microsoft Community boards but they have been less than helpful in finding a solution. Of the things they have suggested, I tried them all but to no avail. The suggestions they gave that I have tried are as follows:

"Follow these steps and download Office 2016 again:
First, check the type of internet connection you are using (Wired or Wireless)?If you are using a wireless connection then you may try to hardwire the connection.
Try downloading Office 2016 now and check if you are able to install Office 2016 normally.
In case the above step still does not work then follow these steps.

Stop the Print Spooler service from Services.msc.Disable the Anti-Virus/Security Software for a while, until you complete installing Office 2016.
Check if you are able to install Office 2016 now."

Nope didn't work, and my computer ishardwired. Next advice they gave was as follows and also didn't work:

"In Task Manager make sure there are no Office 2016 or Office tasks running. Then restart the computer and try installing Office 2016 again, making sure that there are no Office tasks are running in Task Manager prior to running the Office 2016 installation.

Check the above and let us know if it helps."

Nope, still notta.

While it is hanging at 90% I have checked my task manager and all the columns (CPU, Memory, Disk, Network) were all sitting at 0.

Funny thing is Hubby was able to acquire a second copy via coworker and it installed completely fine without issue on our windows 7 laptop.

We do not have any other copies of Office or any office related program on this computer, nor has there ever been. We have uninstalled, rebooted and tried reinstalling several times all with the same result of getting stuck at 90% then going nowhere. We even tried the 32 bit version in hope that it would work because the 64 bit version wouldn't install, but 32 or 64, it's the same problem.

There was ONE time, and one time only, though, I couldn't tell you what, if anything, we did differently, that it got past 90% and came up with an error message saying some items couldn't be installed because of some reason (I failed to take note of it at the time and it hasn't recurred since) and gave me the option to retry installing those items (it didn't list what they were) or ignore. So I clicked retry, and after a several minutes of it trying again the same message popped up. I believe I tried retry three more times before finally clicking ignore and being told that if I ignored it that I may have to go into program and setting later to repair office because some feature may not work right.

At that point Office SEEMED to work...until I rebooted the computer. At that point I got a pop-up message (which I again failed to take note of) with an error saying I need to run the installer again because it didn't install or finish installing or something of that nature. So I ran the installer again. this time it hung at 1% and didn't move even after hours of letting it run.

So again I uninstalled everything rebooted and started fresh and am now back at the hanging at 90% thing. It's very frustrating. A brand new expensive product that is meant for windows 10 but can't be installed on it? I'm very perplexed.

Any thoughts on this or what I can try or do?

No answers yet....

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/28192-office-2016-professional-will-not-complete-installation.html
Relevancy 96.32%

So I installed Office 2016 and a random file appeared directly on the C drive in no folder. The file is called, "WindowsMSUIGHUB.tt2". Does anyone know what this file is and if it's just some temporary file I'm safe to remove? I don't really want this file here as it looks ugly but I don't want to remove if it it's required for anything. Anyone have any idea what this is?

A:Random File After Office 2016 Installation

WINDOWSMSUIGHUB is a temporary file for MS office. There are downloaded files for office excel powerpoint etc. and those can be delete safely after installing the updates.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/24125-random-file-after-office-2016-installation.html
Relevancy 96.32%

So I installed Office 2016 and a random file appeared directly on the C drive in no folder. The file is called, "WindowsMSUIGHUB.tt2". Does anyone know what this file is and if it's just some temporary file I'm safe to remove? I don't really want this file here as it looks ugly but I don't want to remove if it it's required for anything. Anyone have any idea what this is?

A:Random File After Office 2016 Installation

WINDOWSMSUIGHUB is a temporary file for MS office. There are downloaded files for office excel powerpoint etc. and those can be delete safely after installing the updates.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/24125-random-file-after-office-2016-installation.html
Relevancy 96.32%

One of my clients was trying to install Office XP and got the error message Error Microsoft Office setup cannot continue because the installation source has been corrupted I looked this up at Microsofts website and they recognize this as a problem and they say it occurs if You run Setup by using version of Office XP on a computer that does not have a qualifying Office upgrade product In the Product Compliance Check dialog box you click the Drive list and then select your CD-ROM drive You eject the Office XP CD insert when source loading message "installation Error Office XP corrupted the CD for a qualifying Office or Office product and then click OK After the qualifying product is detected you continue the Office XP installation with the CD for a qualifying Office product still in the drive To resolve they say to With the error message displayed on your computer eject the Office CD or Office CD from your CD-ROM drive Insert your Office XP CD First of all I could not find a compliance check dialog box Even if I could have howvere the client could find their Power Point disc but not the Word disc Error message "installation source corrupted when loading Office XP These were Error message "installation source corrupted when loading Office XP the only two office products installed They think Word came with their computer which only has Error message "installation source corrupted when loading Office XP a restore disk not a separate Word disk I tried ejecting the Office XP disc ad inserting the CD for the Power Point and nothing happened I ran the uninstall all office products by viewing the Office XP Cd and running the complete uninstall of all office products Got the same error I did a clean boot and tried to install it Same error Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks for all your help This website is awesome nbsp

Relevancy 95.89%

Are there any differences between office 365 home and office 2016 pro when you compared their installations of word, excel, power point and publisher?
For example, is Word from O365 the same as Word in Office 2016? Or does one have more options/features than the other?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440939-difference-between-office-365-office-installation-office-2016-pro-plus.html
Relevancy 95.46%

With my continuing efforts to assist my brother in tailoring his new ThinkPad X Yoga laptop I've recently Office "Fighting 2016 Post-Installed 2010 Office Pre-Installed With" discovered an unexpected problem relating to Microsoft Office and specifically at this point with Word As indicated in this post's title his laptop came with Office pre-installed Subsequently Office was installed by his I T staff to eliminate the extra expense of leasing via Office or purchasing activating the resident Office code But Windows seems determined to make using Office unnecessarily difficult Specifically regarding Word with docx associated with this version whenever one clicks on a docx document Windows pops up a message stating something like this is a rough paraphrase I can't recall the exact wording quot This application cannot run on your Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010 PC Please go to the Microsoft store to find an application that will work with this file quot However docx files open easily from within Word Being curious I'm all for understanding the how's why's and wherefor's of this seeming impediment but I don't want to unduly burden any readers respondents with an explanation I'd be happy just to learn how to Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010 correct this situation i e to be able to click on a docx file and have it open within Word Perhaps it's necessary to uninstall Office It might be Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010 preferable to find another solution in the event my brother may at some point want to go ahead and start using Office Is there a way to accomplish this without doing a total Office uninstall I appreciate whatever ideas you could send my way Thanks Thri From looking at my brother's system it appears that Outlook is no longer necessarily included in the Office suite of products Is that correct Perhaps same with OneNote I recently downloaded for free OneNote onto my brother's computer Upon searching for the executables exe files I found them within a Microsoft Office folder Hmm kind of wonder why it's not called Microsoft Office

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/62545-pre-installed-office-2016-fighting-post-installed-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Is there any way to define an installation directory other than C: for office 2016? I tried installing it a few months ago and there didn't seem to be via the installer, and the Office Deployment Tool didn't let to choose the installation target directory, only the source.

How could they think for one second that it was appropriate to strip this option out of the installer?

I've had about enough of Microsoft's "fuck you, we know best" attitude. I just stopped using Windows 10 due to how increasingly difficult it had become to prevent indiscriminate automatic driver updates.

A:Choose Install Office 2016 Installation Dicrectory

Second link on Google...

How to Change Default Office 2016 Download Location

https://hardforum.com/threads/choose-install-office-2016-installation-dicrectory.1897922/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi Guys I have a problem installing Windows Vista The installation process works fine until after the st reboot that goes to quot completing installation freezes installation&q Vista Solved: at "completing Windows installation quot It completely freezes at that point and after hour or so goes to a black screen where Solved: Windows Vista installation freezes at "completing installation&q i can see nothing but my mouse pointer I just got my laptop days ago and it s brand new Vista compatible In fact it came with Vista installed and it was working perfectly fine until I decided to reformat it so that I could check if my new hd i tried installing was the main reason for this installation failure I saw a post with similar problems explaining that the BIOS was in need to be updated but my BIOS is up to date and vista compatible My laptop specs are as follows Inspiron Intel Core Duo T GHz Mhz M L Cache GB DDR MHz MB NVIDIA GeForce Go inch Wide Screen UXGA TLLCD Integrated Network Cardand Modem X DVD -RW Dual Layer Drive Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy Intel AGN Wireless-N Mini Card Can someone please help me out Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Vista installation freezes at "completing installation&q

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-vista-installation-freezes-at-amp-amp-quot-completing-installation-amp-amp-q.595323/
Relevancy 93.74%

Comp Spec CPU E GPU-ATI MB - Gigabyte P-DS P rev I think although manual says Ram - GeIL GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz What should have been a straight forward installation of a new SSD that I have done before has turned into a nightmare First of all I attached the hardrive and installed windows without a hitch Then for some reason the installation got corrupted I think in my haste I restarted the comp while it was installing a million updates No problem I thought I ll format the hdd and install it again This is where things started to go wrong First of all I got the bootmgr missing error when trying to install from the disk so I created a bootable usb pen and everything seemed to be going fine however when the system reboots it hangs on completing Installation and after mins or so I get the BSoD restarts too quick of me to read and the comp restarts I ve spent hours days trawling the forums and trying various fixes but none seem to work for me What I Windows my hangs Installation? at "Completing 7 I?m - installation at ve tried - AHCI is enabled - Swapped an usb keyboard for an old one whatever they re called - Disconnected everything when window reinstall during installation that I can keyboard mouse - Disconected everything I Can from the MB wireless adapter sticks of ram Left with stick of GB optical drive - Swapped gfx cards - Booted in safe mode as far as I could and tried to disable the VGA display adapters - Run RAM tests passed also running at the recommended voltage of - Used Intels toolbox Windows 7 installation hangs at "Completing Installation? - I?m at my to run a drive diagnostic scan all fine - Windows 7 installation hangs at "Completing Installation? - I?m at my Run dban to fully clear the hdd - Tried installing drivers during W installation - Typing start explorer exe in the cmd box - Every SATA port I really Windows 7 installation hangs at "Completing Installation? - I?m at my don t know what else to try An hour before Windows installed flawlessly on the same drive Also if I reset bios defaults and plug the old hdd back in the computer boots and runs fine Any suggestions

A:Windows 7 installation hangs at "Completing Installation” - I’m at my

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. Next if an EFI BIOS, enable Legacy BIOS, set DVD drive first to boot, HD second. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt. We are creating the partition here to mark it Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/272277-windows-7-installation-hangs-completing-installation-i-m-my.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello Team Installed Office bit on Windows bit nbsp Installation was successful but soon as we try to launch Excel Word etc this error api-ms-win-crt-heap-l - - dll is missing pops up Is it the issue with VC REDIST update not getting installed correctly along with MS Office but installation was fine without any errors We tried reinstalling VC REDIST it can an option to repair and uninstall as if its already there and so we removed and tried installing again and got quot Unspecified error quot Came to know for installing VC nbsp REDIST need to have a patch installed Windows -KB -x msu which is already available in MSOffice installation folder under hotfixes Tried manual installation of nbsp Windows -KB -x msu and it said this is not applicable to your machine So forcefully installed this nbsp Windows -KB -x msu using DISM exe command and it 8.1 2016 bit Errors 64 etc) in 64 Gives installation api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll like is Office open bit (Excel,Word missing does not after Windows got installed And after the above patch installation installed VC REDIT update successfully Tried launching Excel got the same error as mentioned earlier Uninstalled Office and Reinstalled with REDIST already installed still same error on opening Excel etc nbsp but only this VC REDIST will get installed if we try VC REDIST normal setup without update it will give error we tried after removing the existing VC REDIST with update Please suggest help how to fix is it a compatibilty issue with Windows and Office Thanks Jos

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/65d66711-9e54-4f12-a8ec-8e3b66f98710/office-2016-64-bit-excelword-etc-does-not-open-after-installation-in-windows-81-64-bit-gives?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 90.3%

"Patch Tuesday" broke our install of Outlook 365. It was working fine on Monday and on Tuesday it was hanging on "Processing." So I restored back to the last restore point before the update and it worked great after that. Yesterday it re-installed the updates, and again Outlook didn't load. Restoring again today "fixed" it. Now it wants to update again, so I will disable updates until the problem is fixed. I don't know which particular "patch" is causing the problem; there were about 22 of them that installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/391363-outlook-2016-hangs-processing-after-windows-7-update-feb-9-2016-a.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello,

I have a Gateway laptop with Windows 7.

Last week I noticed there was a trojan on my laptop, so just to be safe, I deleted my entire operating system/data and did a clean installation...I wanted to just start fresh.

To do the re-installation I used my Gateway System Disc, Recovery Discs, and Languaue Disc but during the screen where my laptop was installing pre-factory programs it got stuck at Office 2010 (46/56).

After waiting for almost a day I restarted my computer but it loaded back to the exact same spot. I can exit out of the screen with CTRL-ALT-DEL but if I log out of Windows or restart my computer I'm right back to being stuck at Office 2010.

I have no idea what else to do and I would really appreciate some help. Thank you.

A:Installation stuck at Office 2010

Possibly the disc is damaged in that area and the data cannot be read.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-stuck-at-office-2010.1131707/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello everyone, when I try to install something, I had a problem with a driver that say it will install it, after I saw "Finalizing Installation", and when it is ready and I click it nothing happen, help?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f432324-273a-4d66-b891-fc67e71571dd/finalizing-installation?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi Everyone I am currently attempting to install Windows on an SSD RAID Array and 7 installation" load for "Unable RAID to drivers Fixed Windows I have encountered several issues this has been a one step forward two steps backward affair The issue that I am currently facing is the fact that I am Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" unable to load RAID drivers during the OS installation As is normal for this kind of installation I choose quot Custom quot and I cannot see any drives listed this is the point at which I click on quot Load Drivers quot and then I select quot Browse quot My challenge is that regardless of how I quot insert the drivers quot which is to say whether I put them on a separate USB drive FAT partitioned or take the Windows installation DVD out and insert a CD with drivers - I simply cannot navigate to the drivers Because I am unable to load the RAID drivers Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" I simply cannot proceed with the OS installation Note As of writing this I came across a program called RT Seven Lite which has allowed me to create a quot slip streamed quot Windows installation - using the program I was able to integrate the troublesome drivers into the Windows installation disk Kind Regards David nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fixed-unable-to-load-raid-drivers-for-windows-7-installation.1078744/
Relevancy 89.87%

I got an ATI video card today and put it into a system here:

Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 on Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G board with socket 478 Pentium 4 3000-MHz processor and 512 RAM.

Video card is here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131049

It won't play simple MPG clips so I figured I would install the DirectX 9c that's on its CD. I get the following error on attempting to install: "A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted."

The installation aborts at this point.

A:Install error: "A cabinet file needed for installation cannot be trusted."

Try from here.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

Or here.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...20-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-error-a-cabinet-file-needed-for-installation-cannot-be-trusted.601103/
Relevancy 89.87%

I cannot clean install windows Im getting nervous because I Cannot Windows Solved: 7 "Completing Installation" install Professional, at hangs need this desktop for college What happens Solved: Cannot install Windows 7 Professional, hangs at "Completing Installation" Install normally freezes at completing installation At reboot services start and then an error message stating that an error occured happens asking to restart the installation What ive tried -Removing all USB drives even my USB Solved: Cannot install Windows 7 Professional, hangs at "Completing Installation" keyboard no keyboard and mouse second half of installation doesnt help either - Shift-F at error message and starting explorer exe starts to do things ends up logging in a system user with not even enough features for safe mode -Removing graphics card for onboard -Removing sound card for onboard -Removing secondary monitor -Removing second hard drive not being affect during installation -drive has had partitions wiped by installation cd using the quot New quot option not the format to allow the extra partition to be created for windows -Set sata to AHIC in Bios -APIC disabled -installing vista basic my only version and upgrading to professional incompatable - x and x tried same problems -its downloaded student software burned at x rate for better burning -Vista does install but not -Ran check disk around the error prompt came out clean And probably a few other things ive spent a long time on it today and yesterday any any ideas nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot install Windows 7 Professional, hangs at "Completing Installation"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-install-windows-7-professional-hangs-at-completing-installation.934139/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello All A friend of mine gave me a few computers- because his office was upgrading all of their systems- I reformatted many of them and installed windows me they are too slow to support xp but I am having a problem with one Originally it had windows pro as the os I didn t have the password to log-into the computer So I ran fdisk formatted the hard drive then tried to continue" OS key then remove system Installation: to any "invalid press disk, install the new os but I keep getting the error message upon booting that quot invalid system disk remove then press any key to continue quot I thought the cd-rom was bad so I replaced it I changed the boot sequence used a floppy to boot OS Installation: "invalid system disk, remove then press any key to continue" even got the hard drive manufacturer s utility program to prep the drive for the os but even that doesn t work Am I missing something Does the fact that I didn t have the password to enter the computer have anything to do with this I used this same method for installing me on all the other systems and they are fine but this one is an issue Thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

A:OS Installation: "invalid system disk, remove then press any key to continue"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-installation-invalid-system-disk-remove-then-press-any-key-to-continue.388778/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi,
I have completed my first custom build computer everything so far has worked fine, but on attempting to install Windows 7 I keep running into this problem. I know this is a common error because of the large amount of forums discussing it, but I still see no fixes despite trying many of the suggestions. Please help!

My specs are:
MSI Motherboard 970A-G46
AMD FX-8350 CPU
(need to know any other specifics, let me know)

Thanks!!
J

A:Windows 7 Installation "required CD/DVD drive deivice driver is missing..."

The CD/DVD device driver is a part of Windows and is installed automatically. What type of CD/DVD drive do you have? Is it an IDE or is it SATA? Boot into Setup (Bios) is the drive listed there? If IDE, set the jumper pin to CS (cable select)
Try the Microsoft FixIt: Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-installation-required-cd-dvd-drive-deivice-driver-is-missing-686439.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi Everybody I'm really in need of some help or advice with my laptop Specs below Acer Aspire Intel i - M GB DDR Intel Graphics It started when I needed to take the computer back to factory default with a fresh install It was going back to Acer to have the charger point fixed charger socket had become loose but still charged when it was held in I used the control panel interface to reinstall windows all was going well until the laptop power died I restarted the laptop and the screen displayed quot setup is starting Services quot a pop up box then appeared with quot the computer restarted unexpectedly or encounterd an unexpected error Windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows click quot OK quot to restart the computer and then restart installation quot I have searched around the net and found a few threads guides but most require a repair disc or Installation disk I have neither Is there any way of starting the install again for example from Command Prompt Any advice is greatly appreciated Thanks Aaron

A:Setup is starting services "loop" No Repair or installation Disk

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look at this tutorial: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

Also, as you have access to another computer, you can use it to create a system repair disc.

System Repair Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/213155-setup-starting-services-loop-no-repair-installation-disk.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Eventual goal Windows Linux dual boot Intermediate goal Clean install Windows upgrade Skip installation "System Options - or at Create at to Reserved" 200MB from Vista using a pre-SP Upgrade disk or a Digital River iso with SP I have been reading for days but these questions remain concerning System Reserved partition Will the Windows Installer accept and use a MB System Reserved partition that I myself create at the start of Installation using the diskpart utility - but which it normally seeks "System Reserved" - Options to Skip at installation or Create at 200MB to create on its own I understand that the quot select Language quot installation step is where to do this I will pre-designate it as an active MB NTFS partition with a System Reserved label I want it to be MB instead of the standard MB just to be cautious To try to compel acceptance of this configuration I will create a second NTFS partition over all remaining space and which will be shrunk later very soon to make space for Linux Mint - Is it an error to pre-designate this as quot Active quot with diskpart I saw one comment that the Windows seeks to make quot the first active partition quot as the System Reserved partition - Will pre-designation as quot active quot cause any dangers at next boot up process If I don't pre-label it as quot active quot I worry that the Windows installer might not pick it up as the System Reserved partition ALTERNATE OPTION Single C partition for Windows no SysRsrvd If I forego creation of the System Reserved partition -- by using diskpart to create one single NTFS partition over entire disk at the start of Installation -- can a Windows Linux dual-boot system be successfully configured on a system where the boot files are present on the C drive Windows - What might be the boot load Win or Linux Grub etc issues or problems I would meet with a quot single partition quot Windows OS - Is it better to have a System Reserved partition present on a dual boot system

A:"System Reserved" - Options to Skip at installation or Create at 200MB

If you create 200mb sys reserved, mark it active and 7 will install boot critical files to it.

Quote:
Is it better to have a System Reserved partition present on a dual boot system?

No, it doesn't matter.

Quote:
can a Windows/Linux dual-boot system be successfully configured on a system where the boot files are present on the C:/ drive (Windows)?

Yes

Quote:
What might be the boot load (Win or Linux Grub, etc.) issues or problems I would meet with a "single partition" Windows OS?

None. You can let grub2 install to mbr and use the grub boot menu to control evrything, or you can install grub2 to the linux partition, then add it to windows boot menu (That is what I do, but just slightly complicated).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/303211-system-reserved-options-skip-installation-create-200mb.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi Everyone I am currently attempting to install Windows on an SSD RAID Array and I have encountered several issues this has been to load "Unable Windows for Fixed installation" RAID 7 drivers a one step forward two steps backward affair The issue that I am currently facing is the fact that I am unable to load RAID drivers during the OS installation As is normal for this kind of installation I choose quot Custom quot and I cannot see any drives listed this is the point at which I click on quot Load Drivers quot and then I select quot Browse quot My challenge is that regardless of how I quot insert the drivers quot which is to say whether I put Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" them on a separate USB drive FAT partitioned or take the Windows installation DVD out and insert a CD with drivers - I simply cannot navigate to the drivers Because I am unable to load the RAID drivers I simply cannot proceed with the OS installation Note As of writing this I came across a program called RT Seven Lite which Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation" has allowed me to create a quot slip streamed quot Windows installation - using the program I was able to integrate the troublesome drivers into the Windows installation disk Kind Regards David

A:Fixed "Unable to load RAID drivers for Windows 7 installation"

Did it work?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/266847-fixed-unable-load-raid-drivers-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 89.87%

So installation driver Bluetooth peripheral device Denied" for "Access I have been having trouble with my Bluetooth USB adapter BTD- all day by Kinivo and It would not install drivers at all it would say access is denied I uninstalled bcm and then located it again the drivers sort of installed after that Now the option to add a bluetooth device is there after I installed the proper software but I cannot add the driver for the bluetooth peripheral device part I just get Drivers were found Bluetooth peripheral device "Access Denied" for driver installation for bluetooth remote controller but had an issue installing quot access denied quot I select the right part of the cd where the drivers are On device manager there is bluetooth radios under it is Broadcom bcm bluetooth USB device As well as Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator those two have drivers My cellphone can find and attempt to pair with my pc it gives the passcode but nothing shows up on my pc as well as my pc cannot find any bluetooth devises such as my bluetooth headphones and the cellphone that locates the pc And I am on Windows Ultimate bit any help would be greatly appreciated Also the bluetooth device worked perfectly on my bros computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bluetooth-peripheral-device-access-denied-for-driver-installation-676110.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi I had Two partitions in my Hard disk mainly c: and d: , of Hp(dv2122tu) Laptop(120gb hdd, 1gb ram,1.63 Ghz)
In C: drive Windows Xp media center was installed, that came with the Hp laptop. And due to Virus Hijack I decided to install Vista on D: drive and did it successfully.

And then I thought I dont need Xp anymore coz it was Virus house, so I formatted that C: drive in which Xp was installed.

Ideally now my Pc should boot Vista but it gives error ''NTLDR is missing press ctrl+Alt+del to restart. Can anyone Tell what should I do?

p.s- After format of Xp from C: I have changed the D: to Active with the help of Windows98 bootable disk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ntldr-is-missing-after-vista-installation-and-winxp-partition-format-283369.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi all I am having trouble installing my copy of Vista Home Premium -Bit I ran an evalutation version of Vista Home Premium and then formatted the HDD using an OEM copy of Home Premium I bought I formatted before the trial period had expired and then proceeded to install the OEM copy and the installation ran fine untill it rebooted for about the second time after which the screen displayed Completing installation at which point the progress bar at the bottom froze The DVD stopped spining although I think I could still hear the HDD whirring After half an hour or so I got a blue screen display Installation Error Crash, VISTA "c000021a" Premium Home 32-Bit which said quot STOP ERROR c a NT initial command process system process terminated unexpectedly with status of x x x quot It then began a crash dump and rebooted after several minutes I have since Installed Windows XP Pro which installs fine - no errors and repeated the OEM Vista Installation through the XP OS - but to no avail the same error occurs Now that I am running the Vista Installation through XP each time the error occurs and my PC reboots my BIOS asks me to select VISTA 32-Bit Home Premium Installation Crash, Error "c000021a" which option to boot - Windows XP or - Windows SETUP The XP option works fine and brings me back into fully functioning XP OS note that I didn t format HDD I installed Vista on the same partitian - all XP files were to be moved to quot windows old quot file after Installation completes according to Vista Installation The Windows SETUP option takes me back into Vista Installation where I recieve the message quot Installation cannot complete as your computer unexpectedly restarted quot or similar verbage I know vista will work on my machine as the Windows Vista Upgrade adviser says my machine is more than capable and the fact that I ran an evaluation copy of Vista Home Premiuim before hand is proof that my machine can take it for those of you wondering why I didn t just purchase a key from windows when the trial period expired instead of buying an OEM copy and then installing that well its because I thought I could get it cheaper via OEM than paying Microsoft s prices online from their site Now I have tried booting from DVD after backing up my files safely on my nd HDD and formatting my st HDD the one with XP OS on it and tried the Vista Installation but the same error occurs I have tried re-installing XP and running Vista Installation through XP withought any drivers installed and I still get the same BSD blue screen display I have tried re-installing XP and running Vista Installation through XP WITH drivers core drivers installed but arguably not the latest drivers as I only used the drivers supplied with my hard ware and I still get the same BSD I have uprgraded my BIOS - but still the same BSD From browsing other forums I have heard that this could either be A a hardware issue B a Graphics Card issue C Memory Issue - something to do with Kernals D a Driver issue more than one of the possible causes may apply - so I ve heard I read that MEMTEST can determine whether memory is to fault however Rookie System Builder I may be - but Advances BIOS manipulator I am not In order to run memtest you must download it from their site www memtest com as either bootable ISO or Binary neither of which I know how to execute in BIOS I also picked up that removing one of my RAM modules can remove the error - quite how reduceing dual channel to one channel can fix the error I don t know - but I will give it a go if alternative methods fail Apparently a SETUP repair could hold the answer Apparently removing the DVD just before the crash could be the answer Microsoft Web site don t seem to offer many answers other than check your drivers ect I know there are about a million and one similar cases to mine but I stress the word similar as they usually refer to Winlogon troubles I have no idea if this is a Csrss exe error or what i dont even know w... Read more

A:VISTA 32-Bit Home Premium Installation Crash, Error "c000021a"

P.S - If you cant find my PC specs under my user, here they are;

MOBO: ASUS Striker Extreme
CPU: Intel Core 2 DUo E6600
RAM: 2gb Corsair Dominator DDR2 800 (2 x 1GB Sticks)
GPU: ASUS EN8800GTX (768mb DDR3)
HDD: 2 x Western Digital 320Gb Sata 7200rpm 16mb cache
PSU: 650W Thermaltake ToughPower
SCRN: Samsung 20" 206BW (wide screen 16:9/16:10)

P.S I also read that another method of fixing the problem could be to turn off caching in BIOS - will this work?

Gormless_Git

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-32-bit-home-premium-installation-crash-error-c000021a.644825/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi all I have a Dell Zino HD It came with Windows bit but I would like to use that license on another computer so I want to swap in a copy of Vista that I own that is currently not in use I did a clean install of Vista and it made it all the way through the install process and when it rebooted it just stopped at a black screen with the mouse cursor arrow I can move the arrow around but it does nothing else I tried reinstalling reinstalling on a secondary partition wondering if there was something goofy with the front of the drive all to the same effect Safe mode will not boot either I have a copy of XP MCE lying around so I thought I would try that I put that in and it just got past loading the inital drivers and hit quot Starting Windows quot before I could do any input at all and then blue screened with a message that I should run CHKDSK F I got the harddrive out got it into my Windows Professional-running desktop and ran CHKDSK It found nothing wrong I ran all of Dell's harddrive checks It too found nothing wrong On a whim I tried Windows again and it worked just fine Any ideas on what on earth is going on System specs are Dell Zino HD ATI HD Integrated graphics running on VGA for this experiment GB RAM GB HDD Ghz single core AMD cpu Thanks so much guys

A:Install hangs on black screen with mouse after "Completing Installation"

Welcome,
I would prepare the HD properly, using this tutorial as a guide.
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Forums

and here is a guide for Seven installation problems.
I think that it applies to your situation, also
http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...solutions.html

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286949-install-hangs-black-screen-mouse-after-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi I've repeatedly attempted this but always get driver "An installation V550 occurred error setup" Epson during An error occurred during setup Restart your computer Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup" then run setup again This is an all too typical message you can find associated with many Epson products I've tried Clean boot Safe mode install enabled Using an Epson removal tool I finally obtained after my th chat with Epson An Epson fix deleting temp folder and looking for setup Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup" exe that never appeared On my th chat I was advised to consult Microsoft Manually removing all Epson folders and registry entries I can find Disabling firewall and AV The same CD installed ok on my year-old laptop both run Windows x I've found a couple of other fixes found by someone looking at the log file I've run SFC Scannow - ok At best the scanner is recognised as being connected when plugged in and appears with a yellow trangle under 'Other Devices' in Device Manager Any ideas welcome - I'd like to use my new scanner Thanks

A:Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup"

Hi, I've found a solution, albeit a tad obscure. Short story:
1. Install the driver normally, noting it fails, and the device is recognised when plugged in and appears in Device Manager under 'Other devices' with a yellow triangle.
2. There right click the device, update driver and browse to the CD used to install the driver initially, and to the driver folder.
Let the update run.

The scanner should now be installed.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...?page=2&auth=1

which offers another approach too.

There are quite a few reports of Epson driver installations (various devices) failing with this message. Epson chat eventually referred me to Microsoft.... saying the original message was a Windows error.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42470-epson-v550-driver-installation-error-occurred-during-setup.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi my attempt to install windows today ended in When I boot from the DVD choose the Language and press quot Install quot I get an Error message stating quot A DVD CD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver CD Floppy please insert it now quot Here are my specifications- HP Pavilion p f Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion p f Desktop PC device missing" "DVD setup installation in drive Win7 drivers - HP technical support Austria - English I have experienced this same problem with Vista x and x "DVD drive device drivers missing" in Win7 installation setup I am trying to clean install Windows bit I put the drivers on a thumb drive and Browse to it when prompts me Funny thing is Windows reads all the other files on the thumb drive like psds flas skps and so on but it just plays stupid to the actual drivers for the motherboard chipset The system rejects XP and I was forced to put Ubuntu on it Ubuntu sucks nothing runs I know all about WINE to get some programs to run but I use the entire Adobe Suite

A:"DVD drive device drivers missing" in Win7 installation setup

Try this:

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

Take a look at these posts:

http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...-problems.html
Tutorial quick reference list for Installing Windows 7
Questions to use for help with Installation Issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/88297-dvd-drive-device-drivers-missing-win7-installation-setup.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I recently downloaded the PC game Sacred 2 via direct2drive - and when executing the Sacred 2 Installer .exe it gives me the error, "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." (I've attached an image of the error to this post) I've downloaded this thing multiple times to make sure the download wasn't corrupted. I have full administrative rights on this OS with the UAC disabled. I've tried running it in compatibility mode, I've tried searching for a download for Windows Installer to reinstall, and I've tried creating an alternate Administrative Profile on this computer and installing it in that account - no dice. I've also scanned for any possible viruses. I'm at wits end. Paid $40 for the game and can't even play it. Any advice, suggestions, or a solution would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

A:Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2 error:"This installation package could not be opened.."

Hi -

Are you sure the (.exe) isn't a 32-bit file?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-premium-64-bit-sp2-error-this-installation-package-could-not-be-opened-380362.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Its me again I had my second laptop with Windows Home Premium bit My problem occurs when I try to downgarde clean installation to Windows Home Premium bit using CD DVD installation This is what I do - Select quot Custom Advanced quot Select quot Particion Primary quot Then it erorr at quot expanding the Windows files quot I forget what the erorr amp told me to restart Then Press Ctrl Alt restart" "Press Ctrl Del Erorr error installation + + to Clean Alt and Del to restart error appear Then what I do after that is try to install the with my other version of Windows the Windows Ultimate bit this one using USB for Installation I repeat the same way as above and really surprised me everything went smoothly no error If is the DVD Windows Home Premium bit is main "Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" error and Clean installation Erorr problem but it when okay on my dad amp bro pc amp I just bought it months ago This problem is not a new problem for me but already this already thousands times this problem occurs when I try to make a quot clean installation quot on my first amp second pc Plus both are still consider a new laptop st laptop - amp nd laptop If you want to say that my DVD "Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" error and Clean installation Erorr Player is the problem it very strange to me because I've tried to install other programs like Avira and everything went smoothly except for a Windows installation DVD Usually the installation went good on USB but always problem with DVD although the DVD is a new one If possible I want to use my Windows Home Premium bit instead of Windows Ultimate bit because Windows Ultimate does not belong to me it's belong to my father I'm using it only to attempt to solve this problem So I hope anyone can help me Thank you note Why i want to downgrade because most my software doesn't support bit

A:"Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart" error and Clean installation Erorr

What do the drives look like when you try to start the install? I always prefer to have blank hard drives, and then use diskpart to partition the drive the way I want before letting Window's installer to continue.

On an unrelated note, what programs do you have that aren't compatible?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245000-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart-error-clean-installation-erorr.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Ok I ve got a problem with my Empire Earth game I wanted to install the game on my new Windows computer I was able to install it on my Vista computer So when I put the CD in and clicked install a few moments later a pop-up relating to Autorun appeared it said The installation program could not be found quot E Setup exe quot I kept clicking install and ended up with another pop-up E SETUP EXE is not a be won't installation program start installing "The found" Empire could not Earth valid Win application I had lost the system requirements for the game and I m not sure if it had something to do with them My system requirements are as shown Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire M BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Empire Earth won't start installing "The installation program could not be found"

Have you tried starting the installer in compatibility mode?

Right click on "setup.exe", select properties and navigate to the compatibility tab. Enable compatibility mode and then select an OS from the list (I suggest running the program in Windows XP compatibility mode first).

Additionally you can try running the installer as administrator. Just right click on the installer and select "Run as administrator" from the menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/empire-earth-wont-start-installing-the-installation-program-could-not-be-found.893593/
Relevancy 89.87%

Normally my printer works with the limited basic driver. But, if i install the full software installation, of hp software, it is installed up to 96% and in configuring, it takes long time and came out with this error. How to over come this error. I downloaded the patch for this from hp site as updates and then uninstall and reinstalled. Again the same problem at the last stage. How to over come.
the error is given in a small message in
c: users\username\appdata]local\temp\7zs6910\hpzsetup.exe wstub 786912. How to overcome this error.
Moreover i am having problem in my yellow colour in my colour cartridges in test print and it is dim unlike others. How to clean the print head. I know how to do the same to the cartridges. Pl help

A:Fatal error during installation. hpzsetup.exe wstub "786912" hp d1360

FYI - I was not able to access your attachment.

Download/install/run <CCleaner> in my Signature. It's free.
Here is a tutorial, if you need it... CCleaner - Delete Junk Files
Sometime when an install fails, parts of the install program get left behind and ends up causing more problems.
CCleaner usually removes these program residuals.
Recommend uninstall the printer software and driver. Running CCleaner, then attempt reinstalling the printer software/driver.

As for your cartridge, last time I had that problem, I found removing the cartridge and reinserting it usually fixed the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/322184-fatal-error-during-installation-hpzsetup-exe-wstub-786912-hp-d1360.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Note this is a mirror of "Finishing Setup Q963 After Intel Installation" Windows with 7 Freezes a very similar thread over on Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963 the Microsoft forums So I got this Optiplex and figured I could just throw in a hard drive install Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963 Windows and everything would be good This has actually been the most frustrating setup I've ever experienced - full details after the break specs Dell Optiplex Intel Core Duo Ghz GB of RAM MM KW Standard Motherboard Intel Q Graphics So like I said before I grabbed a hard drive and threw it in I discovered that I needed to change some settings in the BIOS that had been mucked up by the previous owner reset from a motherboard battery change perhaps by disabling the nonexistent floppy drive and enabling the SATA port that my fancy shmancy SATA hard drive was on Useless details aside I got things to a workable point and proceeded on to install Windows Everything went smoothly - I put the DVD in it asked me where I wanted to put Windows at so I cleared the drive and it got to work It went through all the checkboxes except for the last one and reported that it needed to reboot - still completely normal After a rebooty we got to the quot finishing installation quot phase and the screen blanked out at the point where it loads the graphic drivers to a black screen with no mouse The monitor's quot info quot button revealed that the computer was now outputting x to it which meant it had located the graphic driver Subsequent restarts of the computer would get you past the Windows logo but it would always lock up the computer the second it changed the resolution Safe mode is prohibited by the computer until setup is complete With this in mind I took the hard drive out and put it in a less troublesome computer and ran the setup with no network access After it was done I put the hard drive back in the Dell and to my surprise it started Of course since I had just transplanted the hard drive it went and installed drivers for fifty new things and suggested I restart the machine which I did Once it restarted the same thing happened as before which tells me hopefully I'm on the right tracks here that it is a driver problem Now I have the advantage of being able to use safemode though I booted inito safemode and just uninstalled the graphic drivers they dheidn't look like the generic ones and restarted This time it started hooray Of course the display was in x because we were using the generic driver but everything else was good I downloaded the driver from the Intel website which reads in device manager quot Intel R Q Q Express Chipset Family the stock one read quot Intel R Q Q Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM quot After rebooting I discovered that the one from Intel's webpage does the same thing My question is this is there anywhere that I can get a proper working driver for the Intel Q graphics I would like to be able to use the computer outside of safemode Things I have tried Dell BIOS Update - Unsuccessful I'm running Bit Windows and it's one of those Windows based BIOS updates that refuses to run on a Bit version of Windows I was able to bypass this problem on a Lenovo computer by using Active BootDisc and run the installer from in there but I don't get anywhere with this one for some reason Any ideas Thanks a lot in advance - B

A:Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963

Have you tried the Dell support site to see if they have the proper drivers for that PC with Win 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/209429-windows-7-setup-freezes-after-finishing-installation-intel-q963.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I?m downgrading a ASUS N550LF-CN100H from windows 8 to windows 7 Pro x64.

But when I try to install the driver "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver" the system crash.
I have installed the latest version of the BIOS (2.12) and changed some settings (for W7).
- Boot -> Lunch CSM = Enabled
- Security -> Secure Boot Control= Disabled

I have tried with the driver coming from the Intel site and with "Driver Genius" (same driver).
Do you have any advice to solve this issue because Asus doesn?t give any support for downgrade ?

Thanks

A:"Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Cont. Driver" Crash during installation

Did you try the support section of Asus to download drivers. See this link and change to your model
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download X550LA

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/326803-intel-usb-3-0-extensible-host-cont-driver-crash-during-installation.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I HAVE TRYED TO INSTALL (ABSOLUTE UNINSTALLER AND I GET THIS

CreateProcess failed;code740
The requested operation requires elevation

A:Absolute Uninstaller installation error "CreateProcess failed;code740"

Rt click the installer and select "Run AS Administrator".

Originally Posted by zassass

I HAVE TRYED TO INSTALL (ABSOLUTE UNINSTALLER AND I GET THIS

CreateProcess failed;code740
The requested operation requires elevation

http://www.vistax64.com/software/282457-absolute-uninstaller-installation-error-createprocess-failed-code740.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Here s my setup Motherboard Gigabyte GA- P-D Hard Drive Western Digital Raptor GB CPU Intel Optical Drive Cooler Master DVD X Nvidia FoxCon Memory Corsair XMS CM X - C Here s my problem I start off with a clean install create a partition format it but I don t quot quick quot format it It starts the Windows Setup and gets to the part where it is quot installing devices quot Once it is halfway through quot installing devices quot it gives me a BSOD with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Here s all of the things that I ve tried to fix this problem Disable XP devices" BSOD "installing Windows at installation Solved: on board LAN USB serial ports and parallel ports swap in a new video card swap in new memory sticks updating the motherboard BIOS I ve tried tests from the Ultimate Boot CD http Solved: Windows XP installation BSOD at "installing devices" www ultimatebootcd com on the hard drive the memory and the CPU Everything seems to check out But no matter what I try my installation always fails with the same Solved: Windows XP installation BSOD at "installing devices" BSOD Does anyone have any advice nbsp

Relevancy 89.87%

Immediately after purchasing an GB USB flash drive with the intention of running portable applications off it on the Installation for portable on USB apps problem "memory stick" various Windows XP machines I have to use I had Installation problem for portable apps on USB "memory stick" installed the Portable Apps Base http portableapps com suite and then through it several applications including OpenOffice Portable Firefox portable and Tucan Portable Probably after using the drive on one of my office computers some files and folders seemed to become corrupted After trying unsuccessfully to delete mysterious un-openable files with special characters in their names that appeared seemingly from nowhere I formated the drive After formating I was able to copy data and music files from my computer s hard drive to the flash drive correctly However I am now unable to properly re-install the PortableApps Base program on the flash drive Thus the main purpose of buying it is defeated The PortableApps software does seem to install but when I double-click on the StartPortableApps exe icon on the flash drive F Software Portable StartPortableApps exe I get various error messages Sometimes the message says that only part of the read request could be executed and sometimes I get quot StartPortableApps exe has encountered a problem and needs to close quot I got the latter after scanning the drive with an antivirus no virus detected and then checking the drive for errors F - gt right clock - gt Properties - gt Tools - gt Error checking As a lay person my guess is that something necessary for properly installing the programs was lost when I formated the drive However I do not see why this should happen because the hard drive on my home computer has been formated more than once when it became infected but there was never any problem with installing software afterwards I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to install the software on the flash drive again Regards nbsp

Relevancy 89.87%

I have just installed Windows 8 Pro onto an existing Windows 7 Pro drive allowing dual boot. The problem is whenever Windows 8 is running I hear a sound every now and then. The sound is the "close program" default sound "ring07.wav.

Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

Thanks.

A:Windows 8 Installation Problem with "Close Program" Sound

You could turn the sound off.
Finding the programs shutting off might be difficult.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25787-windows-8-installation-problem-close-program-sound.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi there I don't know if anyone out there has had this similar problem I bought a new hard drive began to install windows xp unfortunately I hadn't realised that the New &quot;Error Installation operating system&quot; loading - [SOLVED] power socket for the hard drive was plugged into the slave socket of [SOLVED] &quot;Error loading operating system&quot; - New Installation my standby saver and it switched off as the setup was beginning [SOLVED] &quot;Error loading operating system&quot; - New Installation the formatting section [SOLVED] &quot;Error loading operating system&quot; - New Installation of the windows xp install I rebooted the hard drive and now all that appears in an error saying quot Error loading operating system quot AHHHHHHHHH I have tried to reboot with the windows disc in the hard drive and also tried installing the disc when the error message appears NOTHING I have went onto a couple of other forum sites and it looks as though I may have to change the BIOS but some others say do not do this unless all else fails I have been directed to the techsupportforum as I have been told that if anyone knows it will be on this forum site PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help I am at my wits end and don't know what to do now I forgot to mention on boot up my MSI motherboard goes through the motions them almost immediately the error message appears

A:[SOLVED] &quot;Error loading operating system&quot; - New Installation

clear the drive with killdisk

then format and install

http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-and-quot-error-loading-operating-system-and-quot-new-installation-473736.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello,

I just bought myself new HW and a new SSD for my computer, and I also installed a fresh Windows 7 on the new SSD. I put my old HDD with Vista on D: and copied a couple of documents over to "my documents" folder to my C: drive + a couple of other files.

I am now cleaning up my D: drive to get rid of all the Vista files which I don't need any more, and I have stumbled over "System volume information" folder. This folder was last modified at the date I installed Windows 7 (5 days ago). Can I just remove this folder without any repercussion?

A:"System volume information" folder on my old Vista installation

It's actually a part of System Restore; the tool that allows you to set points in time to roll back your computer. The System Volume Information folder is where OS stores these points and associated information that makes them accessible.
If you're not using System Restore feature, you can delete it. I recommend you to keep it untouched.
Fore more information, refer here:
Tips Fixes & FAQs
Take Care

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210772-system-volume-information-folder-my-old-vista-installation.html
Relevancy 89.87%

OK this is not really a start up or boot problem only an annoyance so i boot from the not in vista recovery option" listed installation "system windows installation dvd vista loads i choose the quot repair your computer quot option the quot system recovery option quot appears and the problem is my vista home premium is not listed there so basically i can't select an installation to repair if vista installation not listed in "system recovery option" i needed to i only have one OS i notice that at the bottom of the box it says quot if you do not see your operating system listed click load drivers to load drivers for you hard disks quot do i need to load a driver for my hard drive or something or what drivers is that referring to any knowledgeable mind to explain what that means what could be casing this problem about my vista installation not listing my system works just fine I'm just concerned why vista is not listed in the quot system recovery option quot thanks vista installation not listed in "system recovery option" for any help

A:vista installation not listed in "system recovery option"

Hello Gothnezz,

I believe you are referring to step 5 in the tutorial below. If so, then you can just go ahead and click on Next to continue anyway.

System Recovery Options

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261162-vista-installation-not-listed-system-recovery-option.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello friends,I was installing win8 at my desktop pc.Suddenly power cut occured and it caused the compute to shut down.Then when I restarted my pc again a messege appeared saying that the installation has been corrupted and it can't be continued and it doesn't log on.After that when I tried to re-install win8 the setup got stuck at the "setup is starting" window.I waited overnight for it to go and the installation to start.But it doesn't happen.I have tried to re-install several times but the same problen happens again and again.So neither I can log into my computer now nor I can re-install windows.I don't know what to do.Friends please help me!

A:Windows 8 installation stucks at"setup is starting" window

So when you started to do a fresh install, you allowed the Win setup to do the format etc, when at setup stage, did you try delete and then recreate the partition?

Try Brink's Tutorial on Clean Install - Windows 8

Hopefully this will help you. A power surge and then sudden issues with hard drives is never a great sign.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/42468-windows-8-installation-stucks-setup-starting-window.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi Guys Having installed an 2010 Outlook installation "lost" images Linked in after SSD SSD and cloned Windows Apps to it I've come up against a couple of Linked images "lost" in Outlook 2010 after SSD installation problems using Outlook and I'd be grateful for any help please The pst file is on another HDD that was not involved in the upgrade Search function no longer works either says not found immediately or carries on searching for ever Clue may be in Indexing Click on Indexing Status and get quot Outlook is currently indexing you items items to index quot Problem is this number is increasing not decreasing Started around Should PC be left on and Outlook open and just be patient or is something awry Since SSD installed all emails with images have lost them Applies to ones I already have and new ones when opened first time Red Cross and message in each image frame quot Linked Image cannot be displayed The file may have been moved renamed or deleted Verify that the link points to the correct file and location quot Firefox is browser If I forward an email that is not showing embedded pictures to another PC the images are present again Presumably the images are stored somewhere and the link has been broken by the upgrade I've tried a few things suggested on MS forums without luck Settings in Outlook seem correct Thanks for any suggestions

A:Linked images "lost" in Outlook 2010 after SSD installation

Further to above post, have also noticed that when doing a search Programmes and Files from Start button, the only items found are those within Windows, nothing from my data files which are on a separate RAID 1 pair of discs.

Now wondering whether to set old HDD (that still has Windows on it) back as boot drive, check that everything is as it should be booting from that drive, then wipe the SSD and clone again? I used Easius ToDo clone tool so will use another programme next time. Any suggestions on which to use?

Is this the best way forward?

Thanks for any comments.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348023-linked-images-lost-outlook-2010-after-ssd-installation.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I've researched this forum's solutions for getting Vista to boot by itself however after downloading EasyBCD I was only able to remove the quot earlier version of windows quot Removal Pro Installation Boot from "XP Vista Screen Setup" option and for some reason I still keep getting quot Microsoft XP Pro Installation quot as well as quot Microsoft Vista Ultimate quot Vista works fine I'm just trying to get the xp install option out of there A little "XP Pro Installation Setup" Removal from Vista Boot Screen backstory might help I had to install Vista in the first place because my xp pro installation crashed i didn't want to go back to home and whenever I tried to install pro again when it got to the partition screen no partitions would ever show up and after - sec I'd get a BSOD "XP Pro Installation Setup" Removal from Vista Boot Screen So i reinstalled xp home went to the bookstore and picked up the update version of vista ultimate I installed Vista and it works great After a month of having to manually select it each time I restart my computer though it's getting rather annoying EasyBCD does not show the xp pro installation option in the bootloader however it's still there whenever i restart Any suggestions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/xp-pro-installation-setup-removal-from-vista-boot-screen-192982.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Okay hi this is my first post I registered to hopefully receive help for this issue:

I bought a new ssd drive to make my pc faster but when I try to install Windows 7 via a usb I get this error saying the "requested partition could not be found" now I have installed linux mint which worked fine but I can't get along with it so now I tried installing Windows 7 again but got the same error again.

I have tried 2 different usb still not working though

Also to confirm it never boots the installation, this error happens before the installation has a chance..

All help would be great

Sean

A:windows 7 usb installation error "requested partition not found"

Do you have UEFI BIOS? If so the stick must be formatted specially and booted only as a EFI Device.

Otherwise work through the steps to Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/361916-windows-7-usb-installation-error-requested-partition-not-found.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have an HP dv2915nr with Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit. Recently when I was trying to upload some pictures from my camera to my laptop via my SD card, it came up with the error "Driver Installation Module Stopped working and was closed".

I tried reinstalling drivers and such and have had no luck at all. Can anyone help me?

A:"Driver Installation Module Stopped working and was closed"

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Click Start...
Click control panel...
Click system & Maintenance...
Scroll down to Device Manager and click update Device drivers...
Click View...
Click show hidden devices...

Make sure there are no yellow warning flag next to any drives

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/289354-driver-installation-module-stopped-working-closed.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Dear All,

Pleeeeeeeeeeese help me..i cannot able to install FIFA 2013 GAME in my lap..which windows 7, 32 bit

while clicking installer.exe, it will take to installation process.
but after clinking on install button.

it will show like this .
"the system cannot find the file specified "

PLs guys

A:problem during in fifa 13 installation "the system cannot find the file specified"

Where did you get Fifa 13?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-during-in-fifa-13-installation-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified.1116690/
Relevancy 89.87%

I'm trying to install Windows XP Home on a computer, but when I get to the screen with the little green dot moving in the lower right hand corner, after a few moments, I get a box that says "Setup cannot continue" and mentions something about an "Externally modified file" or something. What's going on? I've used this disk to install XP before and never had any problems with it. Please help me.

Computer Stats:
8GB HD
256MB RAM
Don't know processor size (but it's fast enough to run XP)

A:Windows XP Installation-Recieving "Externally Modified" error

YOur best bet would be to google for the exact error message you are getting. Saying "externally modified file or something" does not help because that is not something I can google and see how others have resolved. Google is your friend. Take advantage.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-installation-recieving-externally-modified-error-346429.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I am resetting my windows 7 and there is this message that says "Setup is starting services".I have been waiting for four hours so it can complete but it keeps saying this.I have tried to search the internet for a fix but none of them worked.

A:Windows 7 Laptop installation "Setup is starting services"

Start over using the latest official Win7 installation media for your licensed version provided in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 and follow those steps closely to get and keep a perfect install.

This time delete all partitions during the booted install. This is explained in tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/348516-windows-7-laptop-installation-setup-starting-services.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello there!

I've been trying to install Bitdefender AV to my computer. Already uninstalled all the previous AV software for this new installation but for whatever reason, it keeps giving me an error;

"Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation."

I've tried downloading a couple of times but still getting the same error. Please advise. Thanks!

A:"Some installation files are corrupt." Error downloading Bitdefender.

What security software did you have before trying to instal BD and are you sure none of it is still running

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/352949-some-installation-files-corrupt-error-downloading-bitdefender.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I am helping out a friend by re-installing Windows 7 on his laptop. Unfortunately the laptop had been infected beyond repair by a virus/malware and would not boot past bios.

When installing Windows 7 x32, I make it to the "Setup is starting..." screen and it does not continue. It is not the disk as I have used the same one to install it on my laptop. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1545 with 4gb of ram and 500gb HDD space.
Please help!

A:Windows 7 installation hangs at "Setup is starting..." screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-installation-hangs-at-setup-is-starting-screen.987374/
Relevancy 89.87%

I just tried installing Service Pack 2 on my XP, and I downloaded it and during installation it stops and simply says "Access Denied" in a little prompt, then says that installation has failed. Why is it doing this?

A:Failed installation of Service Pack 2: "Access Denied"?

Have a read of M$KB 873148 You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 to see if that is any help to you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-installation-of-service-pack-2-access-denied.353220/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi I just got an Asus R DP-FH laptop Newegg com - ASUS R DP-FH AMD A-Series A - M GHz GB Memory GB HDD quot Notebook Windows bit and after installing a bunch of updates got Windows Last night I started getting a strange issue and I can't find anything about it on google When I bring up the start menu scroll Installation from keeps Wizard" "Asus apps launching menu down to the apps menu and move the mouse at all it instantly brings me to the desktop where quot Asus Installation Wizard quot will launch and then immediately tell me that I don't have the supported hardware even though the Asus Live Update program tells me everything is fine and up to date I can close it but it just happens again and again when I visit "Asus Installation Wizard" keeps launching from apps menu the apps menu and ONLY when I visit the apps menu It doesn't happen on startup or any other time Nevermind what the actual program is doing I can't seem to find out how to stop it from launching I cannot do anything in the apps menu because of this Hopefully someone can shed some light on this

A:"Asus Installation Wizard" keeps launching from apps menu

Let's have a look at the setup. Here's how to show us:

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39962-asus-installation-wizard-keeps-launching-apps-menu.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I m getting pissed off at this damn game gives me nothin but problems i get this error msg An intallation support file C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS TEMP e b - - a-b f- c b Setup inx Could not be installed br br Data Error cyclic redundancy check br br What should i do about this br br br br br img src styles "Installation Exp.Pack Date cannot file be installed" support Hot default xenforo clear png class mceSmilieSprite mceSmilie alt eek title Eek eek span style color Blue HELP ME PLEASE span img src styles default xenforo clear png class mceSmilieSprite mceSmilie alt confused title Confused confused div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members erica class username author dir auto erica "Installation support file cannot be installed" Hot Date Exp.Pack a span a href threads installation-support-file-cannot-be-installed-hot-date-exp-pack title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Dec at PM Dec span a span div div class publicControls a href threads "Installation support file cannot be installed" Hot Date Exp.Pack installation-support-file-cannot-be-installed-hot-date-exp-pack title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li ol input type hidden name xfToken value form div class pageNavLinkGroup div class linkGroup This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue br a href https techguy org welcome style margin View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site a div div class linkGroup style display none a href javascript class muted JsOnly DisplayIgnoredContent Tooltip title Show hidden content by Show Ignored Content a div div div id mjcThreadBottom style vertical-align middle "Installation support file cannot be installed" Hot Date Exp.Pack margin-bottom px div class asSeen div As Seen On div a href https techguy org awards img src styles tsg as-seen png alt As Seen On a div div class mjcWelcome h Welcome to Tech Support Guy h p Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem a href register Join our site today a to ask your question This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations p p If you're not already familiar with forums watch our a href https techguy org welcome Welcome Guide a to get started p p a href register class button Join a span over other people just like you span p div div style clear both div div div id taboola-below-article-thumbnails div div id PreviewTooltip span class arrow span span span div class section div class primaryContent previewContent span class PreviewContents Loading span div div div div class discussionList section sectionMain similarThreads dl class sectionHeaders dd class main span Similar Threads span dd dl ol class discussionListItems li class discussionListItem div class listBlock posterAvatar span class avatarContainer a href members phenomenal class avatar Av s data-avatarhtml true img src data avatars s jpg width height alt Phenomenal a span div div class listBlock main div class titleText h class title a href threads can-my-current-power-supply-support-the-upcoming-gtx- class PreviewTooltip data-previewUrl threads can-my-current-power-supply-support-the-upcoming-gtx- preview Can my current power supply support the upcoming GTX a h div class secondRow div class posterDate muted a href members phenomenal class username dir auto title Thread starter Phenomenal a span class startDate a href threads can-my-current-power-supply-support-the-upcoming-gtx- span class DateTime title Jun at AM Jun span a span span class containerName in forum a href forums games Games a span div div div div div class listBlock stats pairsJustified dl class major dt Replies dt dd dd dl dl class minor dt Views dt dd dd dl di... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-support-file-cannot-be-installed-hot-date-exp-pack.422178/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello,

I am trying to install Song Vegas 8 onto my Windows Vista via the installation disk.I have been having several small issues, first it takes forever to start installation and then when it does FINALLY begin installing I receive this message "Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again" why does it do this? what does this mean? and what on earth do I do?

Also to try and combat this I have already e moved the start up file to the desktop and have been starting the installation manually. Also I deleted some files to ensure I had enough space.

what on earth should I do???? I have been trying for three weeks to get this to work, I know it's probably a simple fix but I have no idea what on earth to do!

A:Sony Vegas 8.0 - Installation Problem "Your System has not been Modified"

My advice would be to post your problem on the Sony forums http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/default.asp

They're a good community and very helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vegas-8-0-installation-problem-your-system-has-not-been-modified.1081604/