Windows Support Forum

Wifi connects but will not connect to internet - pavilion g7...

Q: Wifi connects but will not connect to internet - pavilion g7...

So my pavilion g7 windows 10 laptop, connects to the Internet, I can use it momentarily, about an hour or so and then it shuts off, the Internet does. Then it'll sit there for quite a bit (a couple hours) and then turn back on, but it goes on and off and at the same time that my phone and tablet and my mother's windows 7 computer that still uses the internet. No problems.. I have tried almost everything and I am unsure of what to do.. I need help. I have turned off the router and restarted my computer and used cmd as administrator and all of these processess do not work. It's very frustrating.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connects-but-will-not-connect-to-internet-pavilion-g7/td-p/5665574
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi connects but will not connect to internet - pavilion g7...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 83.39%

Pavilion g7-2010 running Win7, will connect to router but has a yellow exclamation point.  All other computer in the house connect fine.  Have tried releasing the ip, reinstalling the lan and wifi adaptor drivers, and system recovery.  This is a new computer purchased today.  Please help.

A:Wifi connects but will not connect to internet - pavilion g7...

I understand your new system is having some Internet issues.When it is connected to the wifi, is it obtaining DHCP information from the router? This can be obtained by going to the command prompt and entering ipconfig.You mentioned other PCs work fine. Are any of them also running Windows 7? Has the router's firmware been updated? A router firmware issue can cause some devices not to work properly while others do work fine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connects-but-will-not-connect-to-internet-pavilion-g7/td-p/2708271
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello!So I bought the HP Pavilion x360, model number m3-u003xd, a few days ago and it just got shipped to my house. Right out of the box it has not been able to keep a stable WiFi connection to my home router. Sometimes it won't even be able to connect and when it does it constantly fluctuates on strength and after a few minutes it will just disconnect.Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-brand-new-HP-Pavilion-x360-barely-connects-to-WiFi/td-p/5746597
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi. Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help!

I'm in a rental condo. There's secure Wifi. My iPod will connect (we have the password) but my Dell Latitude laptop running Windows XP won't. (Only message is that it is waiting for the network, which eventually times out.) My laptop does connect to an unsecured wifi signal I can pick up in the same unit (from somewhere else).

I have tried unplugging/replugging the router, but since it's not mine, I don't have reconfiguration capability or anything like that.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: Laptop won't connect to 1 Wifi, will to another. iPod connects fine to both.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-wont-connect-to-1-wifi-will-to-another-ipod-connects-fine-to-both.1077336/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I could not get my brother s Asus A to connect to Internet via wireless router wired or wifi through wireless router does not work DSL modem to Asus ethernet works I m able to connect to Internet through my Sony VAIO wired but Wifi Internet no connects, or Wifi through wireless router Configuration phoneline gt DSL modem gt Netgear wireless router Brother s Asus runs Win XP using the XP s Wifi connects, but no Internet wireless not Asus wireless driver Currently using Windows Zero Configuration http paininthetech com disable-wireless-zero-configuration-in-windows-xp Here s the ipconfig all both wifi and ethernet connected to wireless router which I learned from http forums techguy org web-email -wireless-connected-but-no-internet html Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Eric S Soriano ERIC gt ping google Ping request could not find host google Please check the name and try again C Documents and Settings Eric S Soriano ERIC gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Eric S Soriano ERIC gt ping www yahoo com Pinging www yahoo-ht akadns net with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Eric S Soriano ERIC gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name eric Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - -F -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS g Network Adapter Physical Address - -F - - C-BE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday November AM Lease Expires Thursday November AM C Documents and Settings Eric S Soriano ERIC gt Any tips I don t know what else to try out Thanks ka edong nbsp

A:Wifi connects, but no Internet

So when its on the wired connection it works?
1st off I see a few things..
1 the wired connection has a manuel IP address setup.
2 The Gateway that the wireless is getting has got to be wrong. 1.1.1.0 would be a network not a node.

Try setting a static IP address for the wireless card and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connects-but-no-internet.770857/
Relevancy 71.38%

My laptop is a dell1300, windows vista. I was using it at the library friday surfing thr web and it was fine. I put it on hibernate to use the restroom. When i came back, it said it was connected to the wifi but I couldnt get internet access. I tried the wifi on my phone and it was working. Other people seemed to be able to use the internet fine too. I tried restarting my computer and the wifi by turning it off then on and it says its connected but I cant get internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connects-to-wifi-but-no-internet-access.1110157/
Relevancy 71.38%

I've been dealing with this issue for a couple years and it's driving me crazy. Everything in my house connects to my main wifi signal without issues. My laptop however connects to the signal but I cannot get internet or see any devices. I always have to be on my guest network with my laptop. I've tried resetting my router, updating the firmware in the router, renaming the main wifi signal, resetting my wireless network adapter on my laptop, updating the the network adapter firmware in my laptop, and reinstalling the network adapter. I have no idea what else to try but I'm fed up not being able to use my laptop to simply print to my wireless printer or setup various electronics with my laptop. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

A:Laptop Connects to WiFi but Internet Not Available

Can you do our scans lets see whats going on post results PCHF System Scans

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/128015-laptop-connects-wifi-but-internet-not-available.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello I have an HP Pavilion g - cl Laptop running Windows I bought it new refurbished about a year and a half ago Until recently I ve had no problem connecting to the Internet via WiFi But recently although everything says I m connected to our home WiFi and things are working swimmingly I cannot access anything on the Internet I get messages like Unable to connect or Cannot show this page We have other computers on the same WiFi and none of them are having a problem I ve tried several remedies based on tips I ve seen on the Internet using a different computer of course For example I Deleted all the temp files Flushed a bunch of stuff using the Admin Command Prompt ipconfig flushdns nbtstat R nbtstat RR netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt netsh winsock reset Disabled Webroot Connected to the router via an ethernet cable Tried System Restore to about a month earlier Nothing helped Any suggestions Bill

A:Win 8 HP Laptop Connects to WiFi but Not to the Internet

Airplane mode and firewall settings are what come to mind. try disabling your firewall. if you can connect, then it's one of the settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53627-win-8-hp-laptop-connects-wifi-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 71.38%

My laptop connects to my home router and shows connection to the Internet but the only program that connects is Windows Update programs connects to Wifi Internet, don't. My browsers - Firefox Pale Moon IE Chrome amp Comodo Dragon - all are unable to connect None of my other updatable programs can connect either security programs driver updaters etc I am sending this from my desktop I run Win Home Premium SP on an HP G- The router is a Netgear N We have Optimum Online but I had the same problem with FiOS My Wifi connects to Internet, programs don't. home wifi works fine with our tablets and smartphones My router supports g and n as does the laptop They connect over n I ran all the tools available via the Control Panel to no effect I used to use Comodo Firewall but tech support at my school required me to remove it and use only Windows Firewall I went into the firewall settings and set permission for all browsers and other programs with no effect Back when my antimalware programs were up to date scans showed no problems I have run out of good ideas Please help nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I have a brand new ASUS X54 C laptop. It detects the wireless network, and will connect to the network, but it shows "no internet access." When I ran the troubleshooter it said "default gateway not available." I updated Windows and my drivers, and that did not help. I had Comcast check the new router, and they said it was okay. My cell phone connects to the internet perfectly through the same wifi...I'm out of ideas. I can connect to the internet by ethernet, but that's all.
Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,

I konw this subject has been introduced to the boards many times, but having read through the threads I am still unable to connect.

At home everythgin works fine. WIFI connects every time. In hotels I locate the WIFI, connect no problem and immediately Skype clicks in, showing that the connection was successful. I can then Sykpe normally. But when I try to open a website, any website, I get the same message that the site in unavailable. Every hotel the same. I have gone through the settigns, tried everythgin, tried the troubleshooter, not luck. When I open my work pc in the same hotels (XP) no problems. Please help me before I throw the pc out of the window.

I am running a netbook on Windows 7 Starter.

Thank you!!

A:WIFI connects but unable to open Internet

When the connection appears to be good but you can't get the browser to go anywhere it usually has to do with winsock being messed up or the TCP/ip stack isn't right.

Try running this batch file which will reset winsock, reset the TCP/IP stack and release renew your IP.

If the connection works at home but not on the road it could be a DNS problem or your A/V software or firewall is somehow blocking the connection.

Download Renew IP + Reset Winsock Batch File

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130509-wifi-connects-but-unable-open-internet.html
Relevancy 70.52%

My laptop connects to all wifi networks and connects to them, but then stays set as local and doesn't actually go to internet and allow me to go online as normal.

I've tried many different wifi networks, the laptop connects to the local library's wifi and goes to internet (usually) but on every other network I try (tried about 5 others around town and home) it stays set to local, meaning it doesn't go to internet.

I have tried to Google the problem but it doesn't really make much sense to me.

Any ideas on how to fix this so my laptop can go on the internet on other wifi networks?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/129307-laptop-connects-wifi-but-only-local-not-internet.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi All I hope someone can help me as i am to wifi 7 64 router PC New Windows but to bit, not connects internet pulling my hair out here I have a new laptop with Windows bit pre-installed The symptoms are that it won't connect wirelessly to my router at home but will connect with a wire to the same router and furthermore it will also connect either wired or wirelessly to the network at my office this is an unsecured wifi network I never have any problems at work only at home and only then with wifi - wired connection works fine I did an IP config thingy and got this I hope someone can help Thanks in advance Windows IP Configuration Host Name RB-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB- -E - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ba ad e Preferred IPv New PC Windows 7 64 bit, connects to wifi router but not to internet Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - - C- - New PC Windows 7 64 bit, connects to wifi router but not to internet - -EB-D - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controlle r Physical Address - - -EB-D - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - - C- - - -EB-D - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef b ca c f feb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ca c f feb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled

A:New PC Windows 7 64 bit, connects to wifi router but not to internet

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Try refreshing your wireless network profiles by removing all of them then just add your own SSID (wireless network).
Wireless Network - Remove

If that didn't help, you may changing your wireless security (WEP, WPA or WPA2), make sure that you are on WPA2, it's the safest and most secured.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/264022-new-pc-windows-7-64-bit-connects-wifi-router-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, My notebook connects to the wifi (BT hub) just fine, but after some time (could be anywhere between 2 mins and a couple of hours) the yellow warning triangle appears over the wifi connection icon in the bottom right which states "no internet access". When this happens, the other devices in the house are still connected with internet access. the only way to fix it is to restart my notebook, sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't in which case I restart it again until it works. If I connect by ethernet, it is fine. I have updated wireless card driver, and tried all of the broadcast channels auto, 1, 6 & 11 but the same thing happens. Any ideas??? Thanks Andy

A:Notebook connects to wifi, but after some time "no internet ...

Hi ,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the WiFi discconecting. I will be glad to help you. The following pages are helpful when troubleshooting wireless connectivity issues.Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Forget a Network (Windows 10)Forget Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Notebook-connects-to-wifi-but-after-some-time-quot-no/td-p/5671213
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

Bought a new laptop (SAMSUNG N150 plus) tonight, go to connect it to my wireless network...which it does. But it's not connected to the internet, what's up with that? The windows diagnostic mentioned something about my configuration was fine, but the device couldn't connect to www.microsoft.com

I've looked in device manager but nothing is flagged up so I dunno why it's not connecting, the Ethernet adapter thing is a 'Marvell Yukon 88e8040' but I can't find drivers or anything for it, to update the drivers so i'm stuck?

I've had 2 other laptops that just connect fine, why wouldn't this connect?

No idea what to do.......

I've googled some and some people are saying go into the TCP options and ****, but this should be out the box connecting. I doubt Berbera, 55 who's bought a new laptop for jim isn't going to be diving into device manager looking at her ethernet options.

What gives, why not net?!

A:Samsung N150 - NO Internet connection (but connects to wifi!)

Here's the message

Sorry for double post but cant edit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/samsung-n150-no-internet-connection-but-connects-to-wifi-536098.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Any idea chaps why my laptop connects to the internet over wifi but not if I connect the ehternet cable directly into the back?
I have checked that the driver is installed (I think) and also that the box is ticked to allocate IP address automatically...

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi!

My MacBook works fine with my linksys router and RR internet. My wife's toshiba laptop running vista establishes a connection, but will not browse the net. My neighbor says she's having the same problem with her PC when trying to connect to my router (we live very close together).

I've tried the diagnose & repair and a few other fixes I've read online but no luck. Thanks forum!

A:Macbook connects to Wifi fine, PC connects but won't browse web

Hi.May we see:
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 8.8.8.8

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macbook-connects-to-wifi-fine-pc-connects-but-wont-browse-web.1018106/
Relevancy 69.23%

I was using wifi on my laptop on day, and the next, my laptop said it wasn't connected to wifi. I tried to reconnect but it said "cannot connect to this network". My wifi still works on my roomate's laptop and on my phone. I have tried updating my computer, restarting it, performing a hard restart, using automatic troubleshooting, and updating/reinstalling the driver software. I hadn't installed any new programs onto my laptop before the problems started. I don't know what is causing this.

A:Hp pavilion won't connect to wifi

I have also disabled the Power Off option for the adapter and reset the TCP/IP settings.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Hp-pavilion-won-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5662829
Relevancy 69.23%

How to fix Zenfone Selfie (Android OS version 5.0.2) that connects to wifi but no access to internet through internet browser and any of the google apps. Please help me...

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134835/asus-zenfone-selfie-connects-wifi-access-internet.html
Relevancy 69.23%

i've been trying to read forums and help websites to solve this issue with no avail. the other laptop in my house and all tablets, ipods and phones connect to the internet so i'm almost entirely sure its my laptop. i have tried connecting the router cable to my laptop and still had no internet. my laptop use to connect to the internet fine when we had our previous modem but with this new one it doesn't connect at all. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 69.23%

I am trying to connect to the WiFi network provided by my hotel relocating for work will be using this connection for weeks I have a Belkin G Wireless USB adapter attached to my XP machine and it recognizes acquires USB no content/connection but connects WiFi to Network, internet adapter address and reports an quot excellent quot connection to the WiFi Network No further data is received from the network despite this connection The Belkin adapter interface warning message states quot There is no connection to the internet USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection quot despite being connected to the network I know the network is operational I can download content onto my iPhone I use IPCONFIG and attempt to ping my default gateway but get quot request timed out quot In addition the device manager has no problem with USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection the wireless adapter quot working properly quot with no warning flags So basically I ve narrowed it down to some setting on my computer since the network is working via iPhone and the adapter is working connected excellent strength no problem in device manager Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-adapter-connects-to-wifi-network-but-no-internet-content-connection.713967/
Relevancy 68.8%

Am running a Netgear wired router using a Netgear PCI network card GA311 on a desktop PC. It used to work fine but have not been using the desktop on line for several months (using it standalone for music recording etc. without connecting to the web at all). Needed to get online yesterday and found it just wont connect to the internet. It has always been protected with Webroot Spysweeper and Window Washer and Zone alarm comprehensive package (until April 2009 when I was last online).

The same router works perfectly wired to a Toshiba laptop and a Dell laptop (and both run happily concurrently). I am on the Toshiba now.

SO really puzzled about the desktop. Have switched off Windows Firewall, uninstalled anything which might be blocking access (zonealarm) and I will reinstall latest protection once its working again.

Any suggestions please?

thanks
Jumbo

Relevancy 68.37%

Product Name: HP Pavilion 13-B101TUOperating System: Microsoft Windows 10Wifi Adapter: Qualcomm Atheros My laptop couldn't connect to wifi but it works great when I connect to lanline.  Is my wireless card having a problem?  What should I do?   Thank you Nongjube

A:HP Pavilion cannot connect to wifi but okay when use landlin...

Hi, Your machine uses  Atheros AR9565 802.11bgn 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter as shown:       http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=J8C28PA Please try the following driver first:      http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71994.exe also for Bluetooth:     http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73501-74000/sp73899.exe Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-cannot-connect-to-wifi-but-okay-when-use/td-p/5825446
Relevancy 68.37%

I have looked up several things on my pavilion g6that could be wrong with this notebook. It's product # is c2n47ua#ABA while the model # g6-2249wm. I've checked the Wi-Fi adapter, it's working properly. While I also uninstalled and reinstalled back in. I've refreshed the computer it allowed me to connect to the internet and then dropped the connection. Now I am factory resetting the computer but I'm not sure if it's going to do anything. If anybody has anything to help me solve this it would be greatly appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-hp-pavilion-g6-wont-connect-to-the-wifi/td-p/5661283
Relevancy 68.37%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, my Wifi connection drops out frequently but it always reconnects but this last few days when I try to reconnect my laptop freezes when it tries to check wireless network connection. My Wireless adapter is a Broadcom BCM43142Driver version 6.223.215.21Driver Date 02/07/2015 I have checked for driver updates and it says this is the latest The only way I can avoid it freezing is to restart the notebook and it connects to wifi fine until the dropout occurs again

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-15-p106na-freezes-when-trying-to-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5611605
Relevancy 67.94%

My laptop hppavalion g6 couldnotconnect to internet either through wifi or Ethernet or usb. I have tried troubleshoot problems, however it didnt work. Please tell how it can reconnect to internet

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-g6-couldn-t-connect-to-intranet-through-wifi-or/td-p/5654553
Relevancy 67.51%

It seemed started from the automatic Microsoft update about Qualcomm Atheros, everytime when connect to any WIFi, shared internet, my portege R830 shows blue screen and the error message as followed:
system_thread_exception not handled (athwb.sys)

I found that I am not the isolated case on website. I tried to remove and stop the updates. However, once I connect to internet, the blue screen comes again.

Is the problem because of the network adaptor? The model is Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB
Can the problem be solved if I download new driver from Qualcomm Atheros website?? Or if I replace a new adaptor??

A:Portege R830 got death blue screen when connects to wifi or shared internet

Hi I to am getting the same error.

I think it may the graphic card driver or the Atheros wireless driver. Could someone put a light on it.

Toshiba Portege Z series, Z830, PT224E

Operating System, Windows 8.1

Regards,

Ivon

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?78792-Portege-R830-got-death-blue-screen-when-connects-to-wifi-or-shared-internet
Relevancy 67.51%

As long as my PC is connected to my dsl modem directly I have Internet access As soon as I try inserting a router into the mix I lose all Internet connection I initially thought something had gone wrong with my router so I purchased a new one and still I am receiving the same problem I have done numerous power cycles and tried reconnecting everything was connected properly pc gt router gt direct router with connect connects with to No but internet a dsl modem modem gt phone line I deactivated my firewall thinking that was the problem but nothing changed I am not sure what else to try I guess the plus side is that I do have access to the Internet but would love to get the router working in order to use our laptops and phones and other devices with wifi I did perform this task However it was performed while I am only connected to my dsl modem and not the router Windows IP Configuration Host Name King-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No internet with router but connects with a direct connect to dsl modem No DNS Suffix Search List launchmodem com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix launchmodem com Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address E - -F -A - F-EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv No internet with router but connects with a direct connect to dsl modem Address fe cda d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday January PM Lease Expires Thursday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - - -E - -F -A - F-EF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Any suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all I have benen using my nbsp HP Pavilion M - TX for years No WiFi M4-1002TX HP Internet Pavilion Connection this problem happen recently where I tried to connect to my router through WiFi there is an internet connection like seconds then the Wifi logo shown at the taskbar indicating No Internet Access with nbsp yellow exclamation mark After like seconds then the wifi connection is dropped whenever the connection is dropped I cant connect back to ANY HP Pavilion M4-1002TX WiFi No Internet Connection wifi network available I tried the following methods nbsp restart my laptop and similiar cycle problem occured updated the network adapter driver with the latest from HP Download Assistant problem remain the same Bridge my modem with another AP problem doesnt solve my handphone and tablets connected to the same network can access internet HP Pavilion M4-1002TX WiFi No Internet Connection without any problem but my laptop facing the same problem as described Disabled the power off option in the Network Adapter Driver cant cure too nbsp I am using Windows -bit Any solution HP Pavilion M4-1002TX WiFi No Internet Connection for this This problem been following me like half a year felt like HP laptop is full of problem I got my nd lenovo laptop no such issue faced when connecting into the same network Windows as well So I am pretty sure ISP is functioning nbsp Looking forward for any expert for the solution Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-M4-1002TX-WiFi-No-Internet-Connection/td-p/5658032
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 61.49%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am at my wits end here I bought a HP Pavilion dv - nr weeks ago for college As such I am definitely in the market for reliable wifi I try to connect to the wireless network at my home and either of the Pavilion :( the HP won't connect to Internet... New wifi networks at my university and I can t make either one work reliably I have been on the online chat support with HP at least times and the problem is still unresolved and I am sooooo frustrated I have made new network profiles uninstalled then reinstalled the drivers on the laptop reinstalled them from the laptop all that jazz No dice This problem has been occurring since I bought it it is not a virus causing this problem When I make a new network profile for whatever network it shows that the network exists that I receive a signal that my password if necessary is correct but more often than not the laptop tells me quot cannot connect to the network quot a lot of times when I DO connect I eventually lose connectivity or it claims New HP Pavilion won't connect to the Internet... :( it is still connected but the New HP Pavilion won't connect to the Internet... :( connection is so slow that no pages load anymore By eventually I mean within a few minutes of connecting for the first time I can only connect to the Internet on this laptop through an Ethernet cable but I can move files to the laptop via USB Suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,I've upgraded my pavilion notebook to windows 10 (x64).Now I have issues wit connecting with Wireless network. PC gets a list of all networks in range but cannot connect to the network. I've updated the drivers for network and Wi-Fi adapter with the ones suggested on HP site and the Wi-Fi still cannot connect to Wi-Fi. LAN connection with  cable is working. PC Serial number: 5CD3369DBT Driver: Railink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi AdapterDriver Ver.: 5.0.57.0Driver Date.: 18/05/2015 I've reset the router.The most that get out of it is that is connected to a Wi-Fi network and the issue "No Internet" Thank you for any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-17-can-t-connect-to-internet-with-Wi-Fi/td-p/5794458
Relevancy 60.2%

My old (5 years) HP Pavilion desktop with Windows XP still boots and can print items that are on the computer but will not connect to the Internet.... When I check the programs on the HP the modem shows as being installed but will not connect ..... Any suggestions? Is a new modem difficult to install? Or too expensive to install on an old computer??

A:Old HP Pavilion desktop will not connect to Internet

Built in modems are usually for dial up over the phone line.
Are you using dialup internet service?
If not,your computer needs to be connected to your current
cable or DSL connection with a network cable to your router
or external modem.
If you connect that modem by USB you will probably have to install the driver software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-hp-pavilion-desktop-will-not-connect-to-internet.1036258/
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer says there are no connections available when it was working fine yesterday afternoon. Everything else is connected to my wifi. Airplane mode is not on, I've done the trouble shoot and it says something about my computer missing an ethernet cable even though I've never used one. I've looked through hardware but am not confident in what I'd have to click to see if my driver is turned off so I'm at a loss.If it matters I have windows 8 but I don't know the bit or if it may be 8.1.Model number: J9H86UA#ABA

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-Pavilion-15-Notebook-won-t-connect-to-the-internet/td-p/5843038
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello! Really hoping to find some help here. I've been trying to fix the internet connection on my laptop for 3 hours now. OK, so my laptop has been connected to the internet fine for months. Today, it stopped working. I have several other devices in the house that are connected fine. So it is a laptop issue I think? I tried contacting my ISP (Verizon FiOS) and they couldn't help me. Directed me to HP & since my laptop is out of warranty they were trying to charge me $$$$ to help me. :/ 

Anyway best I can tell it's a settings/DNS configuration issue. I took some screen shots on my phone. Sorry for the bleep quality. Please helppppp. 

A:HP Pavilion Vista Won't Connect to the Internet

Hello, and Welcome

Do the steps in this video help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583701/hp-pavilion-vista-wont-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion TX-1000 Entertainment PC that is really frustrating me. It will not connect to my wireless router. I have had this laptop for at least 3 years and it connects to any other wireless connection I've ever tried ( at my sons with Cox, every airport, overseas, and with my previous Qwest
routers ). Since I moved and now have a Qwest PK5000Z router this laptop will not connect. The error message I get is " The network security key is incorrect ", but it's not of course. All other laptops I've used here connect successfully, Dell, Mac, Toshiba, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:HP Pavilion TX 1000 Won't Connect to Internet

take the wireless security off the router and see if it now connects
then put the security back on and try again
what type of security are you using

also have a look at removing the wireless profiles

what windows version do you have
------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/t109-removing-an-existing-wireless-profile

How to remove Wireless Profiles - for Vista and Windows 7
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista/Windows7:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

How to remove Wireless Profiles - for XP
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- XP
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=186
- delete the preferred networks
start> control panel> network connections> right click on the wireless connection> listed wireless networks tab in the preferred network list click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-tx-1000-wont-connect-to-internet.1031782/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have tried a LAN, Wireless, and also a USB Cricket Tri-band stick. When clicking on the unidentified network in network and sharing center there are no networks or any information displayed. When on cmd and run ipconfig /all i get...

Media State....Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS suffix...
Description......isatap.<9E48537-C

Physical Address...00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP enabled......No
Autoconfiguration enabled....Yes

Please help its my sisters computer im trying to help

A:Can not connect to internet on HP Pavilion dv6000

my sister was inpatient but thank you anyways I've seen the good you guys do!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344048/can-not-connect-to-internet-on-hp-pavilion-dv6000/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have the same issue; at one point we were using the laptop w/the wireless, however my husband plugged in a cable (at one time) and ever since the wireless will no longer work. I'm getting a picture of the Owner PC X Internet - it won't diagnose the problem either although it says I am connected to my network. "Windows cannot resolve the problem". Any assistance - working from home is becoming a nightmare!

A:HP Pavilion w/Vista won't connect to Internet

ladygator, I'm surprised that people find the Welcome Guide so confusing: http://www.techguy.org/welcome.html

Try really hard to understand what it's saying about starting a new thread instead of trying to hijack a more than 1/2 year old one. If you decide to request help in a new thread, in addition to the information listed in section 5 please show an ipconfig /all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-w-vista-wont-connect-to-internet.726243/
Relevancy 59.77%

I hope this is in the right place Hi there I currently own an HP Pavilion dv nr issues. connect HP Pavilion dv6000 Internet that dualboots Vista and Linux Mint I ve had it about seven months now Never had any connection problems in Vista HP Pavilion dv6000 Internet connect issues. until about a month ago I would try to go to a web page after having been browsing for a while and suddenly it would tell me there is a page load error Same thing if I try to go to another site For some reason I can still use Windows Live and AIM but no web pages If I restart it it is almost always okay again but this has started becoming more frequent - one or two times per day As far as I know the other computers connecting through our router are still able to fully connect and use the internet I m not the brightest when it comes to this stuff so might it be a software problem I can t think of anything else that has changed that recently and maybe windows updates had something to do with it If anyone has any ideas it would be helpful I tried searching for this problem but I kept getting a search error when I did nbsp

A:HP Pavilion dv6000 Internet connect issues.

Sounds a lot like malware to me, I'd start with virus and spyware scans.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-dv6000-internet-connect-issues.731268/
Relevancy 59.77%

My pc won't connect to the internet even after trying to connect it to wireless or via the ethernet cable connected to the back! Im pretty sure it's something with the pc but I can't seem to figure it out. If anyone can give me instructions to factory reset please so this problem can be fixed.

A:My HP pavilion slimline won't connect to internet (wireless ...

Hi @AnonymousK,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the network connection. I will be glad to help you. Please look at the following documents on networking.Resolving Broadband Internet Connection Problems (Windows 7)Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)Troubleshooting Wired Home Networks (Windows 7) Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-HP-pavilion-slimline-won-t-connect-to-internet-wireless/td-p/5674047
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok i m new to this site and dont really know alot about Pavilion wont to connect HP internet? Laptop computers so I hope someone could help me in trying to figure out what is wrong with my laptop Let me start by saying I have computers my Laptop which wont connect to the internet nor shut down or restart properly and my regular computer which I think is called a desktop My regular computer works just fine HP Pavilion Laptop wont connect to internet? but my laptop has not been working for about - months now HP Pavilion Laptop wont connect to internet? Since my other computer works I have not gotten around to fixing the laptop but now that I need my laptop that has changed Anyway whats wrong with my laptop is that I can t connect to the internet when I used to be able to When I double click on the internet icon nothing happens The HP Pavilion Laptop wont connect to internet? little blue circle loads then goes away but nothing happens Even if my internet was down there should still be a window opening up but there isn t I also tried to reset Internet Explorer settings but aferward it says for changes to take affect you will need to restart your computer but I CAN T When I try to restart or shut down it just gets stuck on quot Logging off quot and stays on that screen forever The only way I can turn off my laptop is by holding down the button for seconds Thats the problem I can t restart or shut down and more importantly I can t connect to the internet Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

my friend's computer crashed a while ago, and i offered to reload it with XP. well i did and have gotten everything to work except the ethernet connection. it wont connect at all, and i even tried to install a lan driver for it and turn off the firewall, but i still cant get it to work. any advice?

A:hp pavilion 533w wont connect to the internet

It sound like the driver for the ethernet is not installed. Go to the device manager and see if there are any yellow or red exclamation points. Also if he is using the onboard lan be sure it is enabled in the BIOS. According to the specs of this PC you have an option of two different MoBo. Both take a realtek 8100 driver, Here is a link to try:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...etDown=false#1
Let us know if this helps.
Thanks,
Bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-pavilion-533w-wont-connect-to-the-internet-175022.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My hp pavilion g7 will not connect to any internet. When i turn on my laptop the wifi button is orange and does not change to blue at all then when it loads up fully the internet simble is the bottem left corner say not connected-no connections are available. It has connected to the internet for years and my 360 total security as not detected any viruses. Ive tried many things on diffrent websites and nothing helped. After many of tries it will turn blue but then my laptop freezes i dont know why please help also i am using windows 8

A:Solved: Hp pavilion g7 laptop wont connect to any internet

Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-pavilion-g7-laptop-wont-connect-to-any-internet.1151026/
Relevancy 58.91%

I can connect to the internet when I am using my aircard but when I connect to wifi through the VZ access I can not get on the internet. "It is saying I am connected to WiFi". a box shows up asking me about dialing 777#. It worked a couple of days ago so i am sure I did something to a setting with out knowing.

Relevancy 58.91%

So basically my HP will connect to WiFi and I'm able to access my browser and all but when I try to use something like the app store for example it displays an error message saying something along the lines that I cannot connect. I'm afraid I'm missing out on automatic updates because of this. There's also the limited access icon near my connection.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-connect-to-WIFI-but-not-internet/td-p/5837887
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I can only get local only on my desktop at the moment I have been browsing forums trying to fix it for the last few hours and can t seem to get anywhere I am running Windows Vista Home Basic I have disabled IPv tried setting static IP etc but so far not getting any results The adapter is an abit AirPace The connection works with an ethernet cable If anyone can gie me any help please let me know The relevant results to Can't wifi internet via connect of ipconfig are here primary test with DHCP and secondary without Can't connect to internet via wifi Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name James-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description abit AirPace Wi-Fi Wireless Network Adapt er Physical Address - -AF- A-C -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS Can't connect to internet via wifi over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cable virginmedia net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - - -C - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name James-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description abit AirPace Wi-Fi Wireless Network Adapt er Physical Address - -AF- A-C -DE DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cable virginmedia net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - - -C - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I cannot connect connect to internet using wifiAfter troubleshooting it is showing "Problem with wireless adapter or access point"I updated my wifi driver and rebooted my system and then i tried again, even then it is not connecting.In driver details it is showing that the driver is working properly.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/CANNOT-CONNECT-TO-INTERNET-USING-WIFI/td-p/5724247
Relevancy 58.91%

I can't connect to the Internet when I am on WiFi. What can I do?

Bill

A:Can't Connect to the Internet using WiFi

Hey, If your computer has problems connecting to a wireless network, issues with speed or dropped connections then try this simple walk through here:  Help with wireless troubleshooting. -wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-Connect-to-the-Internet-using-WiFi/td-p/5698130
Relevancy 58.91%

my home network is windows xp but my laptop is windows vista i use to connect to my home network using my wifi but i can't on my laptop when i use my laptop i got to connect using the ethernet cable to connect to the internet i would like to use my wifi instead of the cord can anybody help me out also when i try to connect using wifi it's says i am connected but can't connect to the internet

i have includes system specs in ipconfig /all results as attachments

A:wifi won't connect to internet

If you go to Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, and look at the Network connection diagram, is Internet X'ed out? If so, just click on the Internet. Does that work. (I'm sorry I can't be more specific but, for some reason, I can't get there right now to be more precise. I think I need to reboot.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300380-wifi-wont-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I can connect to my home router through ethernet with my laptop, and I can connect wirelessly to it with other computers.

My laptop can also connect wirelessly to routers other than the home router. For some reason I'm having issues connecting wirelessly specifically with this laptop through this specific router. I need help troubleshooting. Diagnose and repair said there may be a problem with the DNS configuration.

I can't ping IP addresses either even the internet connection icon on the bottom right of the screen indicates that its connected to both my LAN and internet.

I can't connect to the NAS, so the LAN isn't working either.

Sorry, the title wasn't well thought out. I would have edited it if it was an option.

A:Internet won't connect to WiFi

Hello, lets do some cleaning up and see if that helps you out .
How to Flush DNS in Windows Using the Command Prompt

Step 1 ? Close all open web browsers and applications on your computer.

Step 2 ? Open the Windows command prompt by selecting the ?Start? menu and entering ?cmd? in the search text field box followed by clicking the ?enter? key.

Step 3 ? At the command prompt, enter ?ipconfig /flushdns? followed by pressing the ?enter? key. After a moment, Windows will display a message similar to: ?Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.? Once the message is displayed, the DNS will be flushed removing all incorrect entries.

Then , we want to get the IP reset, so, lets renew its settings and see if this also helps out :
you will type in the command box : ipconfig /release then enter, then next ipconfig /renew then enter, this will reset the IP , now restart and attempt to have it reconfigure its connections to your router. Post back results please.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294012-internet-wont-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Anybody there can help me out? I cant connect to the internet through wifi at home but i can connect it through a cable at home and wifi in my school. What is wrong and what should i do?

A:Cannot Connect Internet Through Wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by Charlot

Anybody there can help me out? I cant connect to the internet through wifi at home but i can connect it through a cable at home and wifi in my school. What is wrong and what should i do?

start by telling us your computer specs, and network setup
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/122270-cannot-connect-internet-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Im having trouble connecting to IE via my wifi internet, Im running IE8, and win xp pro.

Sometime ago I switched over to cable wifi and really have nothing but trouble.

Funny thing is Im able to get the internet through Safe Mode, so why can't I get it normally.

thanks.

A:can't connect to internet via wifi

Would anyone like to have a go at this.I can only use internet via safe mode, IE and firefox won't connect normally.I have ran all the scans that I have such as Norman and malwarebytes and I'm all clear.My os is win xp pro s3 IE8.its getting to the stage where I'm about to chuck the puter into the sea.thankseddie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522275/cant-connect-to-internet-via-wifi/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

I am having issues connecting to internet through wifi. Tried all the options that were suggested on various sites but nothing seems to work. The wifi signal is excellent, pings gateway but when I open the browser it says page cannot be found, normally it use to goto the gateway page and after giving username and pwd I could access internet.

Internet works perfectly on my other laptop with exactly similar settings.

Please help.

Thanks,
Shoab

A:Cannot connect to Internet using WIFI

Hello and welcome.

Click on Start, in the search type CMD click enter. When command prompt turns up type in Ping www.google.com click Enter, then copy and paste the results back here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cannot-connect-to-internet-using-wifi-477070.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Ever since something happened I keep on getting this error and I can't log in to any online services please help me. Thanks in advance.
I'm currently using windows 8.1 and it keeps saying " Exception ESocketError in module ISHelper.exe at 000F14DB"

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello mates internet ( but in access) internet with not no wifi Connect I seem to having a problem with my internet connection but only in one of my PCs i can connect with my Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) wifi to the modem but then it says lt lt no internet access gt gt and when i openmy browser opera it says Networking error note the other computer Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) works fine can anyone give me a hand here cheers C Users costas gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name costas-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-B -DE- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - D-F - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f a d c ef f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e d d ced c DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - C- - - D-BA-AA-E - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA-AA-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D ADD-D DF- -A -E B CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - AEF- AB -BE -ADCA FBA A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B - - A E-A -A E DE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users costas gt nbsp

A:Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access)

Can you connect successfully by ethernet?

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-with-wifi-but-not-in-internet-no-internet-access.1062660/
Relevancy 58.48%

My comp was infected with a virus until I finally got MBAM to work and delete all my viruses and rootkits. My Internet was working fine both ways before I installed it. But now i can connect to it, but when I access the Internet in any of my browsers (firefox, ie8, opera, or safari) I get a blank screen in firefox after going to any site, and the rest just say that it's not connected to the Internet. Even tried going into Safe Mode with Networking, no luck. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I am using windows xp sp3 with firewall off and system restore disabled by group policy and using the admin account does not help solve the problem either.

A:Wifi or Internet cable won't connect me to Internet

Try this--open control, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, uncheck the box next to "use proxy...." ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.EDIT I moved this to Am I Infected also

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344877/wifi-or-internet-cable-wont-connect-me-to-internet/
Relevancy 58.05%

I just dumped Windows 8 and installed a newly purchased copy of Windows 7. The devices show only Bluetooth and nothing else.
I highly suspect the software is missing the required drivers.
I load Linux Ubuntu live disk and have no problems at all. In fact, that's what I am using now.
Any help here would be appreciated.

A:New install... cannot connect to Internet...wifi or lan

jrj350

Welcome to SevenForums . When you go to Device Manager do you see any ? If so right click on the item with the symbol select Properties . Click on the Detail tab on the drop down under property and select Hardware Ids and do a prnt screen and upload the image .

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301759-new-install-cannot-connect-internet-wifi-lan.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Up until yesterday, I could connect my iPhone to the internet via my Win 7 laptop using an ad-hoc network and internet connection sharing. Now I can connect the two with the wifi ad-hoc network, and my internet connection is shared, but the iPhone just can't see the internet connection. I know it's a Win 7 problem because the iphone connects to the net fine using an ad-hoc network and connection sharing when I boot my laptop (MacBook) into OSX (snow leopard).

Both networks (3G internet and wifi ad-hoc) are classed as 'work' networks in Win 7. Can you help ? it's a real pain having to switch to OSX to update my iPhone.....

Things I changed recently - installed Boot Camp 3.1 64bit (am running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit).

Relevancy 58.05%

I have new laptop Acer Aspire ES 11 (ES1-131-C7YE) but WIFI connection limited to internet.Would you please assist me to solved this problem? Thanks.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:WIFI limited connect to internet.

Check my router settings, this is a router issue. WIFI provider in Indonesia (Telkom Speedy) already change the region of TP-LINK from original United States to Indonesia and to cause Acer with Windows 10 limited connect to internet. So, after rechage to original region (United States), problem solving.  Thanks. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/WIFI-limited-connect-to-internet/td-p/390147/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.05%

I try to connect to hotspot in friends phone for file transfer from WIFI.
But since my friends data connection is off, and when i try to connect , it shows me "no internet access" and wifi doesnot get connected .
After turning on-off wifi multiple times (around 15-20 times), sometimes it gets connected . But it never gets connected in 1 shot .
Is it compulsory to have internet access to connect to a hotspot?
Is it bug or feature of windows ?
I use lumia 640xl lte with latest windows 10 Anniversary update.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436870-unable-connect-wifi-if-internet-not-available.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello there,
I could not find the exact answer to solve my problem.
My desktop Windows 7 home premium can't connect internet even with the WIFI is on. Please help. Have been trying for last 5 days.
I tried to install Malwarebytes, it deleted 347 files but could not update due no connection. Tried to work from Safe Mode but no luck either.

Badesh

A:Can't connect internet even with wifi on in my desktop

I'm assuming you mean Safe Mode with Networking. My best guess is a software blockage, some program has closed your internet access, or, drivers for the devices that connect to the internet are "disconnected." You might consider removing the ethernet card and the wifi card [if such is in the desktop] from devices within Device Manager and force Windows 7 to rediscover the drivers -- hopefully such are on the hard-drive, just needing to be reIntroduced, reinstalled, reregistered. If you can, from another computer, download Tweaking.com's Windows Repair (All in One), install on problem computer, it just might be able to shake loose the obstruction. Accept defaults, add item #26 & 27, run WR in Safe Mode with Networking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374761-cant-connect-internet-even-wifi-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I just installed WiFi Internet WiFi access to connect no Can but at my house I can connect on my smartphone and by ethernet cable and the Internet works great I can also connect to the WiFi on my laptop but the Internet does not work My homepage will come up but I can t go to any other sites My computer does not have this problem with any other WiFi networks I ve read a lot of old threads on this site about similar problems I can t figure out what s wrong though I m a total dummy when it comes to this stuff Can someone help Based on what I ve read here s some quick info that might be useful HP Pavilion laptop Windows I have Norton Internet Security I also did the ipconfig all command and here are the results I don t know how to interpret them C Users gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name -HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Can connect to WiFi but no Internet access Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - - C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - - C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address C-A - - - C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d dc a aa f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -F -C - - B-E -A - C-D DNS Servers NetBIOS Can connect to WiFi but no Internet access over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Can connect to WiFi but no Internet access Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F FC AB - D - B - DA-CEBEFC FF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c f e b c e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f e b c e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap B B -B CD- C-B E - BC BD B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C BD F- B - -BBCC- BBB B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users ... Read more

Relevancy 58.05%

I am using Windows XP Pro with a TRENDnet wireless card in my laptop. I can connect to the wireless AP but then I am unable to connect to the internet with either Netscape or Explorer. Is my wireless card suppose to have its own IP address? I can't find one for it, if so. It use to work but think that adding SP2 may have changed a setting. I've pulled out all my hair by now, so please help!!
John

Relevancy 58.05%

Can connect to wifi but no internet connection?

hello! I'm having a connection problem. I'm using a Compaq with windows vista. it will connect to my wireless router at home but has no internet connection. if i hook it up to the ether-net cable it works with no problem. i can take my computer to my sister witch has WiFi and it works with no problem.. i also have another identical computer that i use at home and i have no problem out of it.. its just old and beaten up. and i wanna use my newish laptop.. any help would be appreciated. im not good with computers so if you can walk me through it that would be awesome. my router is supplied by my internet provider.

A:Can connect to wifi but no internet connection?

Go to Start type in CMD locate cmd.exe right click on it then select "Run As Administrator" at the command prompt type in each command the hit enter.

Ipconfig /release
Ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /all

copy and paste the /all contents here.

Also shutdown your system. Unplug your modem and router wait about 3 minutes. Plug them back in what for all lights to stabilise. Power up the machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/can-connect-to-wifi-but-no-internet-connection-643582.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Good afternoon Geeks.

Because Virgin are lame they are making me wait over a monthy to sort my broadband so i need a temporary solution.

I've been looking into Mifi devices as pay as you go/ rolling contracts however most of the devices lack an ethernet port.

My question is can internet me transfered from the mifi device to my pc via a usb/ micro usb cable?

If yes, can i usb-usb my pc to a second pc so they BOTH have internet access.

A quick response would be beneficial.

Kind Regards.

A:Need Wifi Internet Connect Wired To Pc/ 2pc's

Do both PCs have Wi-Fi?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/need-wifi-internet-connect-wired-to-pc-2pcs.304891/
Relevancy 58.05%

Downloaded windows 10 about 7 weeks ago. Had no problems what so ever. Everything went smoothly. Then I was online when windows defender popped up about finding malware. When trying to fix this problem.. screen went blue and updates started. From that point on computer says I am connect to internet but the Linksey router said internet connection is lost. But computer in bedroom, cellphone,tablet and a few other devices still work using the wifi. Please help not sure what to do.

A:Windows 10. Had WiFi but now cannot connect to internet

So your computer is still running, thats good. First lets make sure that it was really Windows Defender that says malware detected. Open Windows Defender, go to the History tab, select Quaranteen and click details. It should list the malware that was detected.
Is the computer wired or wireless?
Then, you said Linksys router says connection is lost, do you mean connection between the computer and router? Some routers can show a list of the connected PCs, is that what you are referring to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-had-wifi-but-now-cannot-connect-to-internet.1157146/
Relevancy 58.05%

My workstation is running Windows Professional I cannot connect to the internet after using adwcleaner to remove the Ads by Advertise from my browser At that point Chrome presented this message DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN So Wifi or connect the Unable to to Internet I did a Google search for that phrase and tried various recommended actions including various ipconfig commands from the cmd window as an Admin No luck Then followed instructions to change Unable to connect to Wifi or the Internet the TCP IPv DNS settings to use and alt Still no luck Read some threads the that Winsock settings in the registry may be corrupt Referred to a MS too called FixIT Instructions said to use msinfo to check Components gt Network gt Protocol and make sure various Titles were present If not run FixIT FixIT was supposed to delete all entries and then replace the missing ones Didn't work It only deleted And now I get this message when trying to connect and can not longer connect to my Wifi DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET Did more searching and found a list of tools to help repair Winsock issues Ran these three utilities none of which helped Maybe Winsock is not the issue Maybe I used these incorrectly I don't know I am pretty discouraged that I have created a digital Gordian Knot Complete Internet Repair Winsock Fix WinsockReset Finally decided to come here for help Here is the log file from adwCleaner in case it is helpful for troubleshooting AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows Professional Service Pack x Username Chris Zachidny - ASUS Running from C Users Chris Zachidny Downloads AdwCleaner exe Option Clean Support http toolslib net forum Services Folders - Folder Deleted C Program Files x FlvPlayer - Folder Deleted C Users Chris Zachidny AppData Roaming download Manager - Folder Deleted C Users Chris Zachidny AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu FLV Player Files I have a laptop set up next to the troubled workstation and am ready to follow your instructions Happy to compensate or tip for you timely helpful assistance Thank you in advance for your consideration Chris SpaceCowboy -

A:Unable to connect to Wifi or the Internet

Restart your computer.As the computer is starting, continue tapping F8 as before and select Repair your computer option.start the windows 7 recovery-environment and try to run system restore from there.Choose a restore point that is more than 10 days old!How the pc is running now?Please try only one restore point and then post results her

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610689/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-or-the-internet/
Relevancy 58.05%
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello Sir,
I have Router model 3G/4G TL-MR3420,
I want to use it to share internet through WiFi, I can logon on that router to configure as Wifi name, Password and after that, i restart that Router and i tried to access internet through wifi, after that it's said no internet connection even it's know wifi name available.
Can you share me step by step please to configure it to get internet working through wifi?
I will give you more informations if you need.
Regards,

A:No internet connection when connect through wifi

VeasnaYim,
Welcome to Seven Forums!

First off, check to see if your internet indicator light on your router is on. If it is not, then it is the router that needs to be reconfigured. Otherwise, disconnect and reconnect to the router and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321557-no-internet-connection-when-connect-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 58.05%

After latest Microsoft update on 9/25/2016 I can not connect to the internet either wired or WIFI. Says network adapter is working fine.  Uninstalled and reinstalled another driver version in compatability mode but no help.  running the troubleshooter it says can not automatically bind to IP address??  Any thoughts?  Was windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10 about 2 months ago with no issues.  Can't find a windows 10 driver for my network adapter.  I think it's a Broadband 4313.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-can-not-connect-to-the-internet-either-wired-or-WIFI-after/td-p/5782565
Relevancy 58.05%

Lately i cant connect to the wifi but is says it does connect. My desktop that is connected with a cable to the router still works fine but everytime i get on like my iphone, laptop, and xbox it cant. It dosent get any internet but it says it has wifi im really not sure what to do im not so good with all this stuff so please help my iphone connects to the wifi it has the bars but it dosent whave internet same with the laptop and the xbox it has been like this for 3-4 days now

A:cant connect to the wifi but the internet still works?

The first thing you should try is to reboot your router by powering it off, wait 20-30 seconds, then power it back up. This is especially true if those devices that don't connect now, connected fine in the past.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293908-cant-connect-wifi-but-internet-still-works.html
Relevancy 58.05%

My dell laptop won't connect to any site or app needing internet (internet explorer, netflix, the app store...) but I'm connected to wifi and the wifi works on all my other devices. Please help!

Relevancy 58.05%

Our internet connection was working fine until one day we cannot connect anymore I tried using the ethernet cable directly from the modem and it was working fine so I thought our Belkin N wireless router was the culprit I decided to buy another one Linksys E but we had the same problem Our laptops and phones can detect connect the wifi connection but cannot access the internet It s really frustrating already http www hp com ph en support-topics network-internet-support cant-connect-internet html I tried following the instructions above but to no avail Here s our IPConfg Windows IP Configuration Host Name sysuser-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -AF-E -D - DHCP Enabled access internet to connect cannot Can but wifi Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe Can connect to wifi but cannot access internet dd fb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -FD- D- F- - - C- B-C -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - - C- B-C -C DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I also tried to reset ping the router but it doesn t seem to respond C Users sysuser gt netsh winsock reset The requested operation requires elevation C Users sysuser gt netsh int ip reset Reseting Echo Request failed The requested operation requires elevation Reseting Global failed The requested operation requires elevation Reseting Interface failed The requested operation requires elevation Reseting Unicast Address failed The requested operation requires elevation There s no user specified settings to be reset Any help would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Laptop got a virus and I used system restore. When the computer came back up, it would not connect to the internet. It is a wireless signal and the computer recognizes the signal is there, but it won't connect. The connection box says "Connections are available". It also says "Not connected" and "Limited access". How can I get this fixed?

A:Wifi signal is there but won't connect to the internet

and welcome to the Forum

What exactly hapens when you try to connect? . .

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-signal-is-there-but-wont-connect-to-the-internet-616647.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I cant connect to any wireless connection. I tried at my house and school and it shows either a red x, yellow triangle, or yellow ball showing connections are available. I can connect through ethernet though. I ran into this problem a few weeks ago but it was fixed after I did a malware scan but I have done many scans and everything clean. I also did ipconfig. Can someone help me?
Thanks

A:Laptop cant connect to the internet using wifi

If malware was involved try running this
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Also, more specific specs on your system would be helpful.
Model number ...stuff like that.

It wouldn't hurt to look for updated driver/software for your wifi device either.
Which I could point you to if I knew what kind of system we were dealing with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256481-laptop-cant-connect-internet-using-wifi.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Help.

My laptop will not connect to the internet. It is saying Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. When I click Diagnose Connection Problems it states:

Contact the company that provides you Windows XP Product Support. You can also use another computer to visit online support services on the Microsoft website: http://support.microsoft.com/winxp.

Has anyone had this problem? Can you advise on how to correct? Thanks!

Relevancy 58.05%

I can't connect wirelessly only with cable. I had no problems connecting via WiFi until recently. In "Manage Wireless Networks" it says "Wireless is not currently enabled"
Help please!

A:Can't Connect To The Internet Via WiFi, But Can With Cable

Please post some relevant specs on your computer.
Retail? Homebuild? Desktop? Laptop? Age of computer?
What have you already done to try to fix the problem? That way we don't waste time explaining how to do things you have tried already.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there! I'm not not really techy. I was looking for a customer support number for Tp-link but thought that this forum may be helpful since I can't find their number anywhere on the net. Im using a Tp-link wireless router and I have a modem attached to my pc. I just noticed that if I turn off my router, the Ethernet light on my modem turns off, but the power and dsl lights are still on. Is there a way for me to use my pc even if my router is turned off? If I remember right, i've tried it before and it worked... But now, I have to turn on my router just for me to be able to connect to the net on my pc.

A:Can't connect to the Internet when wifi router is off

Every router user manual I've ever looked at includes a customer support number for the company. Have you looked in the manual?

Im using a Tp-link wireless router and I have a modem attached to my pc.Click to expand...

Could you be very specific about your network, beginning with your type of ISP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-the-internet-when-wifi-router-is-off.1026902/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello; I have been having a problem with connecting to Wifi signals ever since this RunDLL error message has started popping up when I restart my computer. When I plug in an Ethernet cord I can connect to the internet but I can't connect to Wifi signals. I'm figuring there are some files missing by what these error messages are telling me.

The Messages: (appears in two different windows)

There was a problem starting
c:/Users/SUNFLO~1/AppData/Local/Temp/wrvetx.dll
The Specified module could not be found

There was a problem starting
c:/Users/SUNFLO~1/AppData/Local/Temp/roron.dll
The specified module could not be found

At one point I ran a virus scan; could it be that the files got contaminated and were deleted? If so how do I get these files back? I have a Toshiba lap top, fairly new.

A:RunDLL Error Can't Connect to Internet/Wifi

Files are in TEMP folder of user starting with name SUNFLO. It's a temp file anyway. So you may delete it (as you probably did).

Start REGEDIT and start at the top (click on computer icon). Now search for: wrvetx
also search for: roron

Do you find them... if so where? Post screenshots

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/265649-rundll-error-cant-connect-internet-wifi.html
Relevancy 57.62%

my neices inspiron 1525 laptop has a wifi connection and hasnt been able to connect to the interenet for a cpl months. the wireless connection works. we had the charter cable guy come out and check it. he said its the computer. for some reason it has a connection but wont pull up the page online. what might that be? hardware issue? Please help! trying to help my sister out with her daughter on this one.

A:Cant connect to internet w/wifi connection! AHHHHHH

the wireless connection worksHow do you know?What browser do you use?Did you try another browser?Does same thing happen, when you hardwire laptop to the router/modem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303583/cant-connect-to-internet-wwifi-connection-ahhhhhh/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello.

I have a problem here. Everytime I connect to my WiFi, it looks like this:

It says "Internet Access", but I can't access any website. What is going on here? The only solution I find this so far is to turn off the Wi-Fi adapter then turn it on again. It makes me tired. Is there any solution available?

Oh yeah, I've tried updating the driver, but it says "Your Adapter is up to date".

Adapter: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Thanks.

Regards,
Akip

A:WiFi Connection is Good But Can't Connect to the Internet

Try to troubleshoot it ? In notification area, bottom right, right click the network icon.Click Diagnose in WiFi Status from image you posted. Might need reset adapter. Which browsers any, IE too, see you use Mozilla ? What exactly does it say in browsers ? Try reset browser too.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58328-wifi-connection-good-but-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have internet and can receive emails, but I cannot connect to IE or Google Chrome.  Started with not getting images on emails. Cannot send emails.  Error messages I am getting are "Program Manager not working" "HPSF.exe stopped working"  'HP connection manager stopped responding, Error 80080005"  "AMD/ATI video driver" and AMD-Display Adapter-ATI Radeon Graphic Cards not working.  The computer won't restore to an earlier date. Have no idea what to do. Any suggestions?

A:wifi on but will not connect to google chrome or internet ex...

Hello @healingwind, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I have read your post on how you are not able to connect to your Internet browsers, that your notebook is experiencing multiple error messages, and I would be happy to help you! For further assistance, I will need to know: If you can provide screen shots of all of the error messages as they appear on the screen.The Product and Model Number of your notebook computer.The version of Windows you have installed on your computer.If your computer has completed all of its important Windows Updates.If you have updated your HP drivers using the HP Support Assistant.If this is an on-going, or recent issue.Please re-post with the necessary information, this way I will be able to research this further for you. I look forward to your reply!Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-on-but-will-not-connect-to-google-chrome-or-internet/td-p/4480070
Relevancy 57.62%

my problem is i can connect to my network also internet via WiFi but i get drop out . but not via cable the router IP is 192.168.0.3 my server 2012 ip 198.168.0.10 we have 16 port switch trying to connect to server with cable also get internet . Could the windows server be blocking my access. email

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64056-my-computers-cannot-connect-internet-via-cable-only-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My pc was slowing down so I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows 7. All went well except one thing internet on wifi doesn't work. The rest of the toys in the house still connect through the router but the laptop does not. If the lan cable is plugged in the internet works. I used this to find the latest drivers for my laptops wifi card. Through the wifi I can enter the router settings but not externally to the internet. I'm thinking its something simple in the security setting Please help.

A:Windows 7 laptop wifi connect but no internet

Did you install ALL drivers including the chipset driver? Open device manager - any yellow or red symbols?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472718/windows-7-laptop-wifi-connect-but-no-internet/
Relevancy 57.62%

Please gave me all drivers of windows 7  link to download for HP AF 103 AX .  I tried to install windows 7 on hp af-103-ax , but i have some issues, please gave me all related drivers, to download, for win 7...  Major issue was i am unable to connect internet . Sorry for my bad english... Hope you will solve this issue as soon as possible..

A:i am unable to connect internet or wifi, please gave me rel...

Hi: You need these wireless and bluetooth drivers... The package contains the Broadcom wireless LAN drivers and utility that are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter in supported notebooks that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp70888.exe This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver and software for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 devices and is compatible with Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 and earlier versions. File name: sp71440.exe You should be able to use the W7 x64 drivers and software from the base 15z-af000 on your model except the BIOS and firmware files. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-af000-Notebook-PC-series/7771410/model/8341291 In addition to the above drivers, you will need to install the amd chipset driver from AMD for the smbus and usb controllers. You want the 1st file on the page.  Install and restart the PC. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/i-am-unable-to-connect-internet-or-wifi-please-gave-me/td-p/5704623
Relevancy 57.62%

Ok to will internet, co... direct wifi the OR connect not Notebook question is nbsp nbsp My HP Pavilion G Notebook PC nbsp will not Notebook will not connect to the internet, wifi OR direct co... connect to the internet in any manner nbsp Problem started suddenly - I've been using it via WiFi for a Notebook will not connect to the internet, wifi OR direct co... long while and then it just quit connecting or even detecting my router or the extension nbsp Then I plugged it in DIRECTLY to my router and it STILL does not Notebook will not connect to the internet, wifi OR direct co... connect and tells me the cable is disconnected nbsp Not so - my router is just fine and I can connect with it easily with two DIRECT connect computers and WiFi computers and my phone nbsp My HP laptop network controllers are the problem nbsp Maybe hardware nbsp nbsp I've updated the drivers in both the hard wired controller and the WiFi but that didn't help Uninstalled both controllers and rebooted and that didn't help nbsp Rebooted numerous times after installing dirvers and STILL cannot connect to the internet more than a few seconds with either network controller nbsp nbsp I couldn't do a RESTORE because somehow the restore selection had been turned off nbsp Surprised me nbsp nbsp I did a 'system' check and find that nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp The controllers are nbsp Realtlek PCle FE Family Controller nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp hard wired nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Realltek TL CE b b n WiFi adapter nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WiFi nbsp nbsp And both Belarc Advisor and 'system' tells me that the identifying information of the laptop is nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp HP Pavilion G Notebook PC and nothing more for the Model nbsp Belarc tells me the serial number and Asset Tag but I don't think that is helpful nbsp nbsp So what can I do now nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Notebook-will-not-connect-to-the-internet-wifi-OR-direct/td-p/5704381
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Experts,
I am using Windows 7 PC, I want to connect the LAN with internet and WiFi with a Television to display the statistics of a particular process software. I could connect individually but I would like your help to connect both LAN and WiFi private network at same time. Request your kind help thank you!

A:Connect LAN to internet and WiFi with seperate device

You have two different networks configured?

My home LAN (wired and wifi) is all the same network. Devices connected by ethernet and wifi can all see each other.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connect-lan-to-internet-and-wifi-with-seperate-device-1143985.html