Windows Support Forum

I am Using Dell Inspiron N5010. Can I Use Only Single Module 8GB RAM in Single Slot (With One Empty Slot)

Q: I am Using Dell Inspiron N5010. Can I Use Only Single Module 8GB RAM in Single Slot (With One Empty Slot)

I am Using Dell Inspiron N5010. Can I Use Only Single Module 8GB RAM in Single Slot (With One Empty Slot)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983715
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I am Using Dell Inspiron N5010. Can I Use Only Single Module 8GB RAM in Single Slot (With One Empty Slot)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 89.9%

Hello TechSpot Community I am stuck with a slow GT and am going to Single high-end cards slot go for a huge computer upgrade after saving up some more My i is going to be replaced with an i k and the stock Single slot high-end cards cooler may be replaced by watercooling if I have a spare few hundred bucks Now I am a fan of single slot cooling When I saw the EVGA HydroCopper GTX and I was just like wow how nice would one of those be But I will never buy an Nvidia card at the moment as they use power overheat and are expensive especially the water cooled ones However the new HD series which I am hoping will smoke the GTX not literally - I am not buying a PCI-E Barbeque are a more likely candidate for my new computer The problem is that the current flagship from ATi soon to be AMD the HD has the two DL-DVI s stacked on top of each other so even if watercooled it will still take up two slots The Radeon HD Eyefinity does not have this problem but I can t find any sources of single-slot faceplates Are there any available or do I have to get it cut in half myself Before anyone asks I am not thinking of getting the more expensive Eyefinity Edition just for the sake of single slotness I also want the extra monitor outputs for various projects but it is not completely necessary Should I buy the current Eyefinity HD or wait to see if the standard HD has the same problem or buy the HD Eyefinity card Of course I could go for a dual GPU but I have survived with a GT for long enough and will noot need that power I try not to let my computer take over my life but cannot live with it being this slow If I buy a beast now I shouldn t have to worry for at least three years nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/single-slot-high-end-cards.154077/
Relevancy 89.9%

Finally, I have never seen a 9800 GTX+ as a single slot, but I finally found one. Hopefully this is an epic discovery and i'm not making a fool of myself. But its the first I have heard of it, and for anyone who hasnt heard of it, well, here it is.

ww w.newegg.co m/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143162

I hope this isnt a screw up on Neweggs end, I really dont! :|

A:GeForce 9800 GTX+ single slot

What do you mean by "single slot"? This video card takes up 2 slots

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-9800-gtx-single-slot.116534/
Relevancy 108.79%

hello i recentely brought a dell inspiron nd hand did a CPU upgrade cpu Q now i wanted to use my tv tuner in the dell for mediacenter purposes the only problem is windows does not nbsp really detect it the model i have has support for PCI-E X tv tuners ------------------------------------------------------------------------- the bios does detect A card and says that i have to change the video-settings i changed them to onboard so i can boot up the system --------------------------------------------------------------------------- the problem is that i cannot install any drivers for the card using the official DVD s since no drivers are detected nor is the card detected under device manager ---------------------------------------------------------------------- specification list SSD GB kingston CPU intel Q ram GB official in 330 tv Dell inspiron slot tuner PCI-E stock ram tv tuner http www hauppauge de site products data hvr Dell inspiron 330 tv tuner in PCI-E slot html nbsp EU version bios A latest version ---------------------------------------------------------------------- what kind of steps do i have to take to make the TV tuner functional in my dell inspiron best regards darknessblade

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19973694
Relevancy 107.5%

Hello Got the Dell Inspiron - Standard with gb inch HDD Inserted a Kingston inch HDD works fine Now days later I also inserted a M Sata SSD nbsp Both Disks work But when selectign legacy boot and first selecting the second HDD it does not boot up the nd HDD nbsp It gives an error Will 2nd Slot Inspiron first 15-7559, M.2 over only HDD boot Dell message saying boot Dell Inspiron 15-7559, Will only first boot M.2 Slot over 2nd HDD msgr is missing Tried - Legacy mode Secure mode on and off- Turning back to Uefi mode with secure mode on and off- Legacy mode and all kidns or boot orders When I press F at startup and go to boot selection and select nd HDD there is no problem it boots up my inch ssd no problem Now I installed windows also on my M Sata SSD and this one boots up fine in legacy mode No issues at all nbsp But also now when setting nd HDD first it still boots up the m And once again manually selecting the nd HDD at startup works fine I would like to use the inch ssd as boot device and the M sata as storage I have my reasons for this lol nbsp Can anybody supply me with some advice help Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980882
Relevancy 106.21%

I am trying to buy some RAM for a Dell Inspiron 1100 Laptop. On the crucial website it says that each slot shouldn't exceed 512 MB of RAM. It says there is only a maximum of 1 GB of RAM for this system. I wanted to get 1 GB of Crucial RAM for $32. The only issue is that the RAM comes in a 1GB Module. If I was to buy two 512 MB Modules the price wold be around $15-20 more expensive. Does it really matter if I put in a larger RAM module than what Crucial says the system should use. Any Thoughts would be appreciated.

A:RAM Maximum per slot for a Dell Inspiron 1100 Laptop.

If you bought that 1gb stick, your laptop would only recognize 512mb.
You'll have to do what crucial says.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-maximum-per-slot-for-a-dell-inspiron-1100-laptop.881281/
Relevancy 105.35%

I have Dell 1100 laptop that is running Windows Xp Home.

I use a D-Link G650 card to connect to the Internet. Everything was fine until yesterday.

It appears that my card is not responding--the lights on it don't come on when the PC boots up and even when the boot process is done.

My system tray shows the remark "D-link card not found" and I have no connectivity. I rebotted the machine with the same problem. I haven't reset the D-Link 624 router that I use to connect.

I tried another card in the laptop and I got the same results--no lights on the PC card and no connectivity.

Please advise. I hope it's not the actual PC slot on the laptop sice I don't have a clue about how to repair/replace it??? Is it part of the mobo on the Dell 1100??

Anybody have an idea or clue..
Please advise.
Thanks. Tony

A:Dell Inspiron 1100 Laptop and PC Card Slot Problem?

d-link isn't exactly bad, but thier products aren;t that good either. my first suspect would be the card itself. can you swap it with a known good model or return it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1100-laptop-and-pc-card-slot-problem.35987/
Relevancy 95.46%

OK, so I figured I'd try upgrading the RAM before I threw away my old Toshiba A85. I opened the panel on the back and the RAM slot was empty. There's only one, and nothing was in it. It was incredibly slow and completely incapable of multitasking, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have run at all without any RAM.

So I put the new RAM in and it works great, better than new. The question is, can a computer run without RAM? If not, is there RAM built in somewhere else?

A:Empty RAM slot?

The original RAM is most likely located under the keyboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/empty-ram-slot-529936.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I noticed that the user guide for the m6-p113dx indicates there's an empty m.2 slot on this motherboard. However, when I opened it, I didnt see this slot anywhere on the board. Is the user guide mistaken, and if not, where is this extra slot located at?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Empty-m-2-slot/td-p/5650705
Relevancy 95.46%

I am currently running a system comprising of an Abit KG7 motherboard and Athlon 1.6xp cpu. The motherboard is populated with 1gb of DDR ram in 4 x 256mb modules. Operating system WinXP pro. Everything has been fine until recently whereby I have experienced several problems with system failing to write to various memory addresses. Bios and Win system report 1gb ram installed but Belarc Advisor and Crucials online scan report that slot 4 is empty and only 768mb ram installed. I have tried reseating and interchanging modules but to no avail. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Aldwyn

Relevancy 94.6%

Hi I noticed on my laptop x1 Carbon 3rd gen it has got a empty flat slot above cpu fan slot so I wanna know what that slot is for? Could it be support of touch screen? Which means if I want I can buy a screen piece already made with glas and back frame and such so all I gota do is install it and it will work? Or is the slot for something else? Just wanna know what this slot is for /Thanks

A:X1 Carbon 3rd gen empty slot

*bump* has anyone got an answer to this??

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-3rd-gen-empty-slot/td-p/3290519
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello Everyone, I have a HP Envy Notebook and I was thinking of upgrading the HDD to the SSD but the SSD's I can afford are really small in terms of storage.So I opened the upgrade tray and I saw a ''msata'' SSD slot which was empty... So I just wanted to ask that will Samsung 850evo MSATA SSD will work on my notebook or not??? And If yes then how can I install OS on the SSD and still keep the HDD for mass storage I saw some other post and they were unclear....or too advaced that i couldnt understand them So If You Guys Can Help Me That Would Be Great THE SSD I WANT TO TRAY IS: SAMSUNG 850EVO 250GB SATA||| 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-want-to-ask-about-the-empty-msata-slot/td-p/5837781
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey Guys, I recently joined these forums due to a error BSOD which I received great help with, thing is running MemtestCL, Memtest86+ and Windows Memory Diagnostics, I kept getting "Hardware Problem Detected".

So one by one I tried the Modules in all 4 DIMM Slots and 2 sticks together A1,A2,B1,B2 slots but returned Errors, tried this on all 4, and found one Module was causing the error message.

I tried the remaining 3 Modules in all the slots with no error at all, my question is, does this sound like a problem with the Module itself? Or the Motherboard??

A:Bad Module or Bad DIMM Slot? Corsair Vengeance 16GB

Module. If all the other sticks worked in every slot, its the ram. Were it the mobo slot, known good sticks would test bad in the mis-behaving mobo slot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232117-bad-module-bad-dimm-slot-corsair-vengeance-16gb.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I have a AMD Dual slot video card on my Asus M A X-Evo Motherboard It is installed in the first x slot and I also have a PCI-e x XF-I Titanium Sound card The problem I am having is that one of the x slots is covered by the video card and the nd one is open but right smack below the Video card My Video card is the Sapphire slot Question PCI-e dual below slot card video about GHz Edition non OC Attached is a picture of what I am trying to explain My other question is Will this cause issues since one of the GPU fans is semi covered Its it recommended Last question If I move this to one of the x slots below on my motherboard will it cause my x PCI-E slot to slow down Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide Computer Specs - Asus M A x-Evo Motherboard AM AMD FX Core Ghz Sapphire AMD Radeon GHz Edition GB GB DDR Kingston HyperX memory x GB GB WD Black Edtion SATA HD TB WD Black Edtion SATA HD Sound Blaster XF-I Titanium PCI-E x Sound Card Thremaltake Bronze PS Smart Series DVDRW SATA DVD-ROM SATA nbsp

A:Question about PCI-e slot below dual slot video card

My opinion ...

Yes, setting up like that will have an impact. The air flow to your GPU will be restricted so it will more than likely run hotter than it did. It may still stay withing recommended specs, but it will run hotter.

The motherboard has onboard sound (RealtekŪ ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC ), any particular reason why you don't use that? Onboard sound is perfectly good for gaming and the like now, its not like older machines where you needed a dedicated card for decent quality. In my opinion, you only need a dedicated card if you are doing a lot of detailed audio work (mixing, remastering and other specific audio work). This would totally remove the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-pci-e-slot-below-dual-slot-video-card.1092148/
Relevancy 92.88%

Would a single 16GB ram module be compatible with the 15-r131wm laptop

A:Would a single 16GB ram module be compatible?

Hi: Not according to the service manual...1 slot can hold a max of 8 GB.  Chapter 1, page 2. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Would-a-single-16GB-ram-module-be-compatible/td-p/5606825
Relevancy 92.45%

I'm going to buy HP Pavilion 14-ab042tx. But it has only 4 gb of ram preinstalled. I want to know if this notebook has an empty ram slot which i can use to upgrade it to 8 gb later. No such information is available at product specification page.Please help. 

A:Does HP Pavilion Notebook 14-ab042tx has an empty ram slot f...

Yes. Here is the Service Manual: Manual It can take up to 16 gigs (2 x 8 gigs) of memory. Access to the memory slots is not easy and technically is only supposed to be done by an authorized technician but is doable if you are careful. You will jeopardize the warranty by opening the back however.  See p. 33-37 for "how to". Post back if you need help finding compatible memory.  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Does-HP-Pavilion-Notebook-14-ab042tx-has-an-empty-ram-slot/td-p/5671628
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi,

i have had trouble with my computer after cleaning it (can of compressed air) it would boot to log in screen then go black on the monitor or it would blue screen and restart.

after figuring out it was a RAM problem i tried another stick of RAM but same problem so i guess its the actual slot it goes into, i only have 2 on my motherboard lucky one of them is working still.

has anyone had this problem or know of a way to fix it, i am wondering if some of the canned air/gas became a liquid from spraying to close and got in it.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

A:RAM slot/DIMM slot? blue screening me!

Hi,

ok so i have been looking into my problem more, when booting i press tab to show the POST?? or somthing and it says that 1 of the RAMs wouldnt/couldnt R/W (read write?? i dont know)

then i get the screen saying that windows has had hardware changes and asking to how i want to start windows (normal, safe mode, etc) i have tried all but it just restarts.

now its only with 1 of the 2 dimm slots this happens and i have tried differend RAM in there but only the 1 slot works

any help would be appreciated

thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-slot-dimm-slot-blue-screening-me.152835/
Relevancy 92.02%

This is the strangest thing I've seen in the past years of using computers I have an Acer Aspire - laptop that came with windows but I'm very picky and I wanted Windows xp back so I went onto Acer's website and won't mouse USB slot USB first other in works any slot, in only work but USB downloaded all of the windows xp drivers and then formatted the laptop to Windows XP with intergrated Service Pack The computer works just fine except for one very strange oddity - the USB mouse I'm using only works when plugged into the first USB slot it will refuse to work in the other USB slots I'm using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer USB which is my favorite mouse and I USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot have of them at home When I was formatting the laptop USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot I had the mouse plugged into the first USB slot and now that is the ONLY slot it will work in If I plug it into the other usb slots the red laser will come on which means it's getting power but it will not move the cursor and clicking either of the mouse buttons won't do anything When I have the Device Manager open and I plug the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer mouse into the first USB slot the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will appear in BOTH the 'Human Interface Devices' tab and also the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab However when plugging the mouse into the other usb slots the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will only appear in the 'Human Interface Devices' but NOT the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab I could just go about my business using the first usb slot for the mouse but this little strange problem is pissing me off hugely as I might want to switch the mouse to another USB slot based on how I have the laptop positioned on a desk or other surface I should also note that the 'Human Interface Devices' tab has a 'HID compliant device' entry in it that isn't present on my desktop computer and my mouse works on any of the usb slots on my desktop computer I wonder if this is the problem I tried disabling this entry but it doesn't help any A final point to note is that I have many other usb devices such as flash memory sticks camera card readers external harddrives gps devices and they all work perfectly fine no matter which usb slot they are plugged into Very strange indeed Is there anyway to make my mouse work in any of the other USB slots

A:USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot

Hi NukesGoBoom,

I have seen a similar problem, but it was all USB ports that weren't working.

First, check the BIOS to make sure all USB ports are enabled, which they probably are.

Are all drivers installed and up to date? Do any yellow question marks or exclamation points show up in Device Manager?

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-mouse-only-works-in-first-usb-slot-but-wont-work-in-any-other-usb-slot-513250.html
Relevancy 92.02%

ok the lady I got this comp from says the comp the video card its reading now is not as good as the one in the PCI slot so Im wondering how do I make it so it reads the PCI slot

The AGP vid card though comes out with a Adaptor to make it so you can plug in moniters

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

and no there is no plug that goes into the PCI slot

I hope this is understanable

thanks

A:How to switch the comp from reading your AGP slot to PCI slot

Jimboson said:

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

That's known as integrated graphics, now do you have a PCI video card and an APG video card or an Integrated video card and an AGP card?

Also what are they Radeon xxxx? or Nvidia xxxx? we need to know the model numbers to tell you which is the better on to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-switch-the-comp-from-reading-your-agp-slot-to-pci-slot.594580/
Relevancy 92.02%

hi there,
i need to know which know which graphic card will fit for my computer. Ie i want to know which type: DDR ,DDR1 or ddr2 i bought my computer in 2007, but thats not enough to tell.
so please let me know how do i know which pci slot i have?

A:which graphic card slot do i require for my PCI slot

The type of memory doesn't matter, its the type of interface the computer supports among a few other things to watch for.

You likely have a PCI-Express slot, as long as it a x16 slot it doesn't really matter if its a version 1.1 or 2.0 slot.

Is this for your Dell or another computer? Whats you budget and what needs do you have for the video card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-graphic-card-slot-do-i-require-for-my-pci-slot.921803/
Relevancy 90.3%

I have a single excel sheel with one single column containing words with some special characters. I want to search for multiple words from that single column.

A:Search multiple words in a single column in a single excel s

A bit of clarification:Does each cell contain multiple words or just one word?After you find your target word/s what do you want done with them?And, in the future, Excel questions are best asked in the Office Software forum.MIKEhttp://www.skeptic.com/

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/search-multiple-words-in-a-single-column-in-a-single-excel-s/20478.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I am writing about printing on an HP 1410 All-In-One. The problem is this.
I have a Word 2003 .doc. I then insert a jpg from a file. I locate it in the document where I want it and size it accordingly. For example: let's say the picture is 2" x 3" on the printed page. The document appears correctly in the program and in print preview.
However, when the page is printed, the jpg is printed twice, one over top of the other. Note: they are not superimposed. However, there are two images (2" x 1.5") and the perspective is "squashed."
Any suggestions if this is a Word 2003 problem, an OS problem (Windows 2000 Pro), or a printer problem?
Thanks for your help.

A:Single JPG Prints Multiple Times in Size for Single

I don't really understand what you mean. Maybe you could scan the print and attach it? The quickest way to tell if it's the printer or print driver would be to print something similar from a different program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/single-jpg-prints-multiple-times-in-size-for-single.508704/
Relevancy 89.44%

hello, does the new inspiron 13 5000 (the one with infrared camera and without pen slot) have extra m2 slot for adding ssd ? or is there only one slot which is taken by wifi card?

A:m2 slot in inspiron 13 5000

It doesn't -- you can have only one internal drive.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987699
Relevancy 88.58%

yah just a question, and if so give me a price range please for a pci

thanks

A:can I add a AGP slot or PCI slot to a comp that doesnt have one?

You can't add a slot to a motherboard.

How old is this computer that it doesn't have a PCI slot? Those have been around for quite a while. Are you sure it doesn't have one? Even AGP is not new technology.

EDIT: After seeing your other thread, are you asking if you can purchase an AGP or PCI video card? That's a totally different question, and the answer would be yes depending on which slot your motherboard has. How much it costs depends on what you plan to use the computer for. A simple one is cheap, and high-end gaming cards can get expensive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-add-a-agp-slot-or-pci-slot-to-a-comp-that-doesnt-have-one.591093/
Relevancy 87.72%

I have one user who cannot print to one printer. I logged in as local admin, added the printer and it still would not work. I deleted all the printers and readded them. I stopped and restarted the print spooler and made sure all of the other users could print fine. I still cannot print. The print job just hangs in the que and once in a while I will get an error. Can anybody help?

Thanks.

A:Cannot Print/ Single User, Single Printer

Is it a network printer or a local printer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-print-single-user-single-printer-298214.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I have an dell inspiron 15 (3521) pc with i3 processor.
What is the maximum RAM in can install per slot and in total on this laptop? 
In the technical specification manual under the Memory heading it is mentioned "Configurations supported - 2 GB, 4 GB, 6 GB, 8 GB, and 16 GB". What does this means? Is it per slot or on the whole?
Should I always install same capacity RAM on the two slots (like 2x 4GB) or am I allowed to mix up like one 4GB and one 8GB?

A:Maximum RAM per slot and in total for Inspiron 3521

Two 8 G DDR3L soDIMMs, 16 total.  Yes, the modules should be matched.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994428
Relevancy 87.29%

Here s a VERY strange problem Inspiron s w two G DDR DIMMs installed nbsp was up and running when it suddenly turned off with flashing amber SLOT Inspiron Failure? 660s Memory power light and two-beep code indicating memory problem Inspiron 660s Memory SLOT Failure? When power cycled the same symptom occurred flashing amber amp two-beeps Troubleshooting showed DIMM slot was bad Item on p Inspiron 660s Memory SLOT Failure? of User s Manual If either G DIMM card was installed in the DIMM slot Item on p the system would boot OK Both slots populated Flash beep DIMM slot populated with either G DIMM Flash beep DIMM slot populated with either G DIMM Boots OK After quot fixing quot the system by de-populating the DIMM slot full Dell Diagnostics online version were run with all PASS results Memtest passed as well QUESTIONS How could a memory SLOT not memory card suddenly fail in the middle of operation The system was up amp running but nothing was being done on it at the time of failure Did a part of the chipset fail Is there any way to fix this problem short of replacing the MoBo Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19977521
Relevancy 87.29%

I purchased an Inspiron 11 3147 with what appears to have a non K-Slot security slot. However I have been unable to find out what kind of slot it is. Along with the laptop I bought a Kensington security cable (Dell part number A5883764). The bar on the cable is too wide to fit into the slot on the notebook. The cable fits fine into my other devices with a k-slot. The only explanation I can come up with is that Dell just didn't make the slot big enough, which I also find hard to believe.
I opened a case with Dell, but the support tech was not able to find a compatible security cable and advised that I contact Kensington.
Attached is a picture showing the slot and cable.
Has anyone else had similar problems?

A:Inspiron 11 3000 series Security Slot

I recently received my Dell Inspiron 13 7000 and I had the same problem with my Kensington combination lock.
Researching information in the web, it looks like Dell changed the security slot to a shorter one (Noble security Wedge) for some Tablets, Ultrabooks (including Dell XPS 12) and Inspiron 14 (7437) - 7000. There is not information for Dell Inspiron 11 3000 or 13 7000 series but as I can see in some pictures the size of the slot is the same that the Inspiron 14 7000.
The new slot is using Noble security Wedge (Manufacturer Part# : TZ08 | Dell Part# : A6451164) and the link to buy it in Dell store this special security cable is:
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A6451164
I will buy this cable hoping it fits my Dell 13 7000.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19599332
Relevancy 86.43%

I've seen this problem reported for other Dell machines for a year now, since Windows 10 came out, but not for my model.
Since installing Windows 10, I can't use my SD card slot to write to, format, etc. a microSD card with adaptor. I can see the drive, read the card, and transfer files from it, but when I try to write I get an error message that the disk is write protected. It isn't. The exact same cards and adaptors work fine in my son's computer, and the cards work fine in my phone.
I just updated all my drivers and it still isn't working. When will Dell finally provide a fix for this? I can't even find any indication that they're working on it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991948
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi, I have Dell N 5010 laptop, and I was using my laptop without any problem till last night. I turned off my laptop with proper shut-down. But when I tried to turn on my laptop today, it didn't get on. Then I removed the battery and pressed the power button for 1 min and inserted the battery, tried again to turn it on, but it didn't get on.
Later on I plugged it with the charger, adapter was on as green light was on in the adapter, but laptop was not indicating that it was plugged in as battery charging indication light was not on nor blinking. So kindly suggest me what I should do for this? What could be the problem.
Thanks and Regards,
Gur Swaroop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997228
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi everyone, I have been having problems with my Dell Inspiron N5010 since yesterday. I was playing for an hour with my laptop cooler on but when I quit the game the temps were still high. My CPU stays at 65C-70C so does the PCH 70C-75C when doing nothing.The fan runs at full speed but it seems that it can't cool down. When I shut down the computer for 15 minutes it gets normal but after running for 2 or 3 hours it gets hot again . I cleaned the fan 3 weeks ago and it's been only 2 months since I bought the laptop. Here are my specs:
CPU - Intel Core i5 2.9Ghz
RAM - 2x2GB DDR III
Video Card - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1GB
Chipset - Intel Ironlake- M-IMC

All help would be appreciated

A:Dell Inspiron N5010 fan always on

Since it is only 2 months old, I would open a Chat with Dell Support.
It could be something defective, could be bad processor contact with the CPU cooler. We had one the sealant was crystalized it had gotten so hot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-n5010-fan-always-on.168702/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello,
Does anyone know if I can obtain a new original case for the Dell Inspiron N5010 without purchasing from China?
I tried to directly mail Dell but I found the support pages way too confusing
Kind regards,
Kevin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990391
Relevancy 85.57%

So in February I ordered my kid an inspiron as first computer Later slot, card 11- per supposed have memory tag it it doesnt service is to inspiron but I decided to upgrade inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt the memory and I called Dell and provided my service Tag Dell told me it had a GB memory card and I could upgrade to a GB card I ordered the card and disassembled my computer to find there is no slot to upgrade After an hour on the phone inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt I find out inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt that what I am looking at is one with a fixed memory module I told them that per my service tag it is supposed to have a slot and be upgradeable They told me there is nothing they can do So I say how bout you exchange this for one that has what I ordered They say since its over the days there is no way to return or exchange I said even though its your fault Am I being unreasonable All I want is what I ordered After a few more calls to India One person finally tells me there is a first and second generation of this laptop Ist gen has the fixed and the second has the replaceable So I tell them that per nbsp Dell tag nbsp this is supposed to be nd generation and therefor it was built wrong They again say quot we have a day no Hassel return quot and your over that Any suggestions folks I m sick of beating my head against the wall with these people

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992563
Relevancy 85.57%

I have a Dell Inspiron N5010 that is only at medium health (according to Norton Utilities). I would like to clean it some more. I don't know how to do this. I am using windows 7. Thank you.

A:Dell Inspiron n5010 needs cleaned up

Hello Listermint I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.I would like you to run this program for me.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546010/dell-inspiron-n5010-needs-cleaned-up/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hey guys,

Attached you will find BSOD Dump & System File Collection files along with System Health Report.

I get BSOD a few times a day, mostly when playing video games.

I updated the BIOS and all the drivers. Please advice, thank you in advance

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 - x64
- the original installed OS on the system? OpenDos
- an OEM or full retail version? Full retail
- What is the age of system (hardware)? brand new computer, bought a week ago
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) Did a fresh install right after I bought it.

A:Dell Inspiron N5010 BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by killerch0

Hey guys,

Attached you will find BSOD Dump & System File Collection files along with System Health Report.

I get BSOD a few times a day, mostly when playing video games.

I updated the BIOS and all the drivers. Please advice, thank you in advance

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 - x64
- the original installed OS on the system? OpenDos
- an OEM or full retail version? Full retail
- What is the age of system (hardware)? brand new computer, bought a week ago
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) Did a fresh install right after I bought it.

These were all caused by your video subsystem. Probably the driver, perhaps heat, or the card itself.

I would start with the driver since it is the most frequent thing to fail

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\021511-13806-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a65000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02ca2e50
Debug session time: Tue Feb 15 15:30:53.118 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:10:45.866
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgmms1.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgmms1.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff880051aecf7, fffff8800216f6a8, fffff8800216ef10}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1+20cf7 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/144977-dell-inspiron-n5010-bsod.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Attachment 100621

Attachment 100622
hi all,
I have laptop dell inspiron n5010 and I am using windows 7
ultimate on it and my problem is that I get blue screen of death. it occurs when
the laptop is about to complete boot, i.e. when desktop icons appear, I suspect
that its related to the wireless lan I am uisng which is alfa wireless lan model AWUS036H , I suspect it because the blue screen occurs
when the wirelsss lan utility starts to laod, i.e. it starts opening its interface
and showing signal strength of connection to my internet provider.
I updated the driver for this lan from company site and even installed updates of windows 7 but the problem still occur. it doesnt occur at fixed frequency,
sometimes it doesnt occur for many days, sometimes it occur 2 or 3 times daily.
I am confused , help me about it please.
necessary error reports are attached with this message

A:BSOD with dell inspiron n5010

I think U should follow this instruction and attach the dump files here
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/113580-bsod-dell-inspiron-n5010.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi everyone,
My PCH stays hot most of the time. For example when I play GRID for 30 minutes the temperature of the PCH gets up to 75C and when I quit the game it cools down hardly even when my laptop cooler is on.It blows cold air but stays hot. I had the same problem with the CPU two weeks ago but somehow it works normally now. Here are my specs:
CPU - Intel Core i5 2.9Ghz
RAM - 2x2GB DDR III
Video Card - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1GB
The laptop has no warranty since I opened it to check if the vent was clean.
All help would be appreciated

A:Dell Inspiron N5010 PCH overheating

You probably have to put on some new thermal paste between the CPU and its cooler

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-n5010-pch-overheating.169558/
Relevancy 85.57%

Can anyone suggest a compatible RAM for my Dell Inspiron 15 N5010
The system specification is as below:
www.dell.com/.../configuration

A:Dell Inspiron 15 N5010 RAM upgrade

www.crucial.com/.../inspiron-n5010

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988497
Relevancy 85.57%

I have been searching, bought some bad ones for ram upgrade for my pc.

Where can you buy them and what kind of rams would fit for sure ???

I would like to have 2x4GB (which is the maximum)
Tried corsair, kingston, crucial at tech shops.
The vendors chose accordingly to my specs.
My current configuration :
cpu-z :

A:Compatible ram for Dell inspiron n5010

check out crucial.com. They are usually the best.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compatible-ram-for-dell-inspiron-n5010.1145691/
Relevancy 85.57%

Has anybody upgraded from WIN 7 to 10 on that machine? Any problems occur? Everythig works fine? Stay with WIN 7 or go with WIN 10?

A:Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15R N5010

Hi ksproboszcz,
Currently there are NO compatible Windows 10 drivers available for this particular model however you will need to check if you can install the Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode in Windows 10.
Also, there will be no Windows 10 drivers as these model did not come with Windows 8 or 8.1 driver. Please check for the Windows 10 driver availability after the Windows 10 release. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19642484
Relevancy 85.57%

I am wondering how many slots there are for RAM in this laptop.
Where are they, and how many gigabytes of ram can each slot handle?  Thanks.

A:Upgrading RAM in Dell Inspiron 15R (N5010)

Here is a link to show how to change the memory outsupport.dell.com/.../memory.htm
Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-12800, DDR3 (non-ECC)Maximum Memory: 8GBSlots: 2Each memory slot can hold DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-12800 with a maximum of 4GB per slot.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19431850
Relevancy 85.57%

HI,

I'm planning to upgrade my Dell Inspiron N5010 RAM from current 3GB(2+1) to 6 GB(2+4).
I heard that some Dell Inspiron Laptops require same RAM to be present in both slots so that the O.S can detect the installed RAM, else only one slot will be detected( ex: 4GB RAM (Usable 3GB)).
So, can I go ahead with having a 2GB RAM in one slot and 4GB RAM in another?
So, can you suggest me any best brand(verified by Dell) to purchase the RAM and also the recommended frequency it should be supporting?

Many thanks in advance!!!

A:RAM upgrade on Dell Inspiron N5010

Hi venkat_bollineni,
This system model supports a maximum of 8GB memory. Memory modules must be installed as a perfectly matched pair to take advantage of the dual-channel memory bus. If not a matched pair, the system's memory bus operates in a single-channel configuration. Basically, when both DIMM connectors are populated, the system has optimum dual-channel performance unless channels A and B have different amounts of memory.

Revert for further queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19530299
Relevancy 85.57%

My N5010 Will not power on with or without the battery installed. The power button blinks white every four seconds.  The AC adapter is working fine.  I have removed the battery, unplugged the AC adapter, and held down the power on switch for 30 seconds without success. I have removed and reinstalled components such as HDD, memory, etc. without success. I have installed a new DC Jack Board WXHDY and it still will not power on.
Can anyone suggest anything else to try?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986984
Relevancy 85.57%

Earlier today the laptop was overheating and i blew into the fan, then it stopped spinning. Now i can't access the computer because it shuts down when i turn it on. What do i do?

A:Dell inspiron 15R (N5010) fan problems

Hi Anzel,

How long does the laptop take before it shuts itself down?

If it takes a while, you may follow the steps listed below:
1. Please ensure that the vents of the system are clean and allow free circulation of air inside the system. You may use a can of compressed air to clean the vents. Before you clean the air vents of system:

- Turn off the System
- Unplug the AC Adapter
- Unplug all external peripherals
- Remove the Battery
- Check the vents on the computer to see if they are covered with dust and not allowing heat and air to pass through. See example in the image below:

-Use Compressed Air to blow the dust out of the vents
Note: Do not use your mouth to blow the Dust out of a Laptop. If using a can of compressed air use the can according to the directions on the side of the can as you can cause damage to the computer if used incorrectly

2. If the previous step does not resolve the issue, update the BIOS to latest version.
Note: Before flashing the BIOS please check the following: Battery should have 10% or greater charge; Adapter should be connected; No external devices should be connected; All other programs should be closed and documents saved

Link to download the latest BIOS for Inspiron N5010: Driver Details | Dell United States

3. If the issue still persists, check the CPU usage of your computer (please ensure you check it when system fan is making noise); check this 'web article' if needed: How to use and troubleshoot issues with Windows Task Manager

4. If you still experience issues, keep the system in 'BIOS environment' for some time to check if it still 'shuts down'. To enter BIOS, power on the laptop and repeatedly tap 'F2 key' when 'Dell splash screen' appears

5. If the system shuts down in the 'BIOS environment' also, please run the 'Hardware Diagnostics' to check for the 'Hardware functionality': http://dell.to/OUGnqT
- Capture error(s) if any

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/272812-dell-inspiron-15r-n5010-fan-problems.html
Relevancy 84.71%

OK I am confused Dell says I have a agp slot but my PC says I have a ATI Technologies inc. 3D rage 11+PCI video card

here is my mother board stuff {I am Using the CPUID Program}

Motherboard
chipset Intel i865p/pe/g/i848p
Southbridge intel 82801eb{ich5}

Brand Dell
Version A02
Date 05/07/2003

Under the graphics Tab it says
Name ATI Technologies inc. 3D rage 11+PCI
Revision 9A

I have attached a picture of the slots inside my PC the top card is the ATI video card

thanks for any help you guys can give

O ya i am trying to update the video card in this PC to a 512 mb somthin fast card :}

Thanks again and hello to all

A:Dell says I have a AGP slot, but my PC says I have PCI videocard?

You can find all hardware information about your system here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html
Your system is quite old and dusty

Also "PCI" can be referred to any plugged in card, including PCI-Express; or AGP
It is a generic term

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-says-i-have-a-agp-slot-but-my-pc-says-i-have-pci-videocard.138420/
Relevancy 84.71%

I had the spring and plastic door that covers the media card / USB I/O slot on the front bezel pop off.  Nothing is broken in my examination the door and posts.  I suspect my child was a bit agressive in plugging in their iPOD USB.  
What I need is how does that wire spring hook up between the plastic flap and the bezel cover?  Not locating any diagram that shows how the spring is tensioned and secured?  If someone could point me to a photo or diagram that would be helpful.  I may have to hit Sams Club and tear into their display model?
Thanks,
JS

A:Inspiron 545: Flip Panel that covers the media card / USB I/O slot on the front

It will be easier to look at this if you remove the side cover, then, remove the front bezel.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19301472
Relevancy 84.71%

I hope this can help someone with the same problem http email protected This pattern is over everything it s not like the problem many others have had with horizontal up pattern:faulty Inspiron screen agp Messed the slot? 8200: connection to lines etc marking broken graphic cards I have narrowed down Inspiron 8200: Messed up screen pattern:faulty connection to the agp slot? the cause for this to the pin under my ATI Radeon Mobility or the AGP slot on the motherboard I opened the computer took of the keyboard and applied pressure to different parts with a rubber tool The one place having Inspiron 8200: Messed up screen pattern:faulty connection to the agp slot? an effect on the overlay pattern was when i pressed on the screw holes on the right side of the graphics card closest to the agp connection It even dissapeared when i pressed hard for a while It is very sensitive so it came back from pressure on the keyboard later There s a glitch here There is no heat problem as i thougth before the heatsink under the keyboard is touching the thermal gap filler on GPU And the temperature is fine Functionally the card passed all tests No broken graphics I remember another tech support guy mentioning how many graphic glitches he s fixed by cleaning the agp slot and pins on graphic cards If noone else comes up with an idea this is my last hope Any recommendations on what to use for cleaning nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inspiron-8200-messed-up-screen-pattern-faulty-connection-to-the-agp-slot.654994/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a situation in which i;m trying to install a single samsung sata on a machine that already has a single ata .
The board is an asus a7n8x e delux ,the prob is it doesn't recognize the sata dr. I've downloaded the latest sata drivers .disconnected the ata,set the scsi as 1st boot ,the sata junper on board are enabled ,done the 3rd party dance w xp . Xp gets to the point of getting ready to install windows but it cant find the dr and says i.m out of here in 15 secs.
Does anyone have a clue what I,ve missed or doing wrong or both .

Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I have my dell for month and i haven't got any problems till yesterday when I decided to transfer a song from the Laptop to my cell phone via bluetooth The transfer started and everything was going well when suddenly it stopped and a message appeared that says There is a problem with your driver get the latest driver or something like that Then I downloaded the driver from dell com and started installation Everything was ok until the installer started deleting old files and it deleted all the c drive but that doesn't matter because after some check that windows made it recovered most of the information And after that I decided not to touch anything else and leave the bluetooth not working But today i decided that I have to fix it and downloaded the driver and the BT software again But today i first uninstalled the the old driver and software and then installed the new ones But my BT doesn't work It is discoverable from my phone and i can turn it on and off but when press Show BT Devices in the tray icon it opens a window and start browsing and can't find any devices I tried with my phone and a BT handsfree And the Nokia Ovi Suite can't find the phone ps Excuse me if there are any mistakes I'm not a native speaker

A:Dell Inspiron n5010 bluetooth problem

Do you know who made the bluetooth device? it's not actually made by HP, if you can find the manufacturer it's practically guaranteed they will have a more current driver available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187532-dell-inspiron-n5010-bluetooth-problem.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all
I need to change my OS from 64bit to 32bit, but all my drivers are for 64bit OS (win 7) so where can i find 32-bit drivers for my n5010 (15R) online and on Dell official website?

p.s : i searched dell.com website and seems they only support 64 bit OS (vista/7) so how on earth should i find 32 bit drivers compatible with my laptop hardware?

Thanks for Your time

A:Where can i download 32-bit drivers for my Dell Inspiron n5010?

First of all, you will have to perform a clean install of the OS if you want go to a 32bit version of Windows 7.. That being said, Windows should install the necessary drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/104365-where-can-i-download-32-bit-drivers-my-dell-inspiron-n5010.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have dell 15R (N5010) and have problem with audio drivers. When i upgrade to Windows 10 my audio drivers doesn't work and no have sound. I spoke with Microsof community, he send me to dell... It's rly funny because dell leave users of older laptops because they no have profits for that. The warranty is over so bye :) Someone can help me?

A:Dell inspiron 15R n5010 no sound, Windows 10

Warning to anyone reading this thread:
Make sure you know your model name before installing a driver!
The subject of this thread is "Dell inspiron 15R n5010 no sound, Windows 10". The problem is that there is no model with that exact name. There is an Inspiron 15 N5010, and an Inspiron 15R N5110.
They are different models and use different drivers. In other words, the audio driver for the N5010 is not meant for the N5110, and vice versa.
To complicate matters, somebody named aimeehuang posted in this thread and put in a link named "dell 15r n5010 drivers download". But if you click on the link it goes to a page for Inspiron 15R N5110.The person named "aimeehuang" is not a regular on this discussion board and probably got the model names confused.
Check your model name. If you have an Inspiron 15 N5010, use the IDT R280657 audio driver. It is meant for Win7, so install it into Win10 using compatibility mode (instructions below).
If you have an Inspiron 15R N5110, use the IDT 6.10.0.6421 audio driver. It is meant for Windows 8. It might install without a problem into Win10, but if there is a problem, install it using compatibility mode (instructions below).
1. Download and save the audio driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive..2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates. 4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).6. Find the "setup.exe" file.7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.8. Select the Properties.9. Select the Compatibility tab.10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win7 (or Win8 if you are installing the Win8 driver for the N5110).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19661960
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,
I have 2.5 years old Dell Inspiron 15r n5010 with Intel Core i3 processor (M370 @2.4 GHz) and 3gb RAM. Right now I have Windows 7 (64 bit) installed on my machine.
I have two questions:
1. Can I install Windows 8.1 (64bit) on my machine?
2. There is no driver available for Windows 8 for this series of laptop on Dell's site. In that case, can I use Video, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth drivers of Windows 7 (64 bit) for Windows 8.1 (64 bit)?

P.S.: Dell provide drivers for Windows 8 for Inspiron 15r n5110 series of laptop. Can I use n5110 series of drivers on my n5010 series of laptop?

Thanks

A:Can I install Windows 8.1 on Dell Inspiron 15r n5010

Try you running the
How to use Standlone Windows 8 Upgrade Adviser
first.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/33203-can-i-install-windows-8-1-dell-inspiron-15r-n5010.html
Relevancy 84.71%

A client brought me his laptop (dell Inspiron N5010) and said it wouldn't connect to the internet, i tried wireless (Broadcom DW1501) and ethernet (Realtek PCIe FE) and niether work, i then booted Linux Ubuntu 11.04 and the broadcom adapter connects fine, no problems, so i think it might be a driver problem, but i can't connect the computer to the internet so i can't update the driver, my client also said that he had a virus but fixed that, should i try a system restore?

Relevancy 84.71%

Hello, I have an inspiron N5010 laptop (out of warranty), which was working fine all these years.
Unfortunately, yesterday when I tried to turn it on, the system initiated normaly but the screen remained blank and then it started beeping 8 times every 3-5 seconds. According to what I found online, 8 beeps indicate an LCD failure. When I tried to connect it to a TV monitor via HDMI cable nothing came up, the monitor detected the connected device but it had no signal. Since the screen is blank, I cannot run the diagnostics neither enter the BIOS setup. In case of an LCD failure I could replace it by myself, but I cannot be sure if that is the problem. Could you please tell me what can I do to distinguish if it is LCD or GPU failure?I have to mention that the laptop was suffering from overheating, hence I used a cooler to reduce the temperature. Thanks

A:Dell inspiron N5010 display issue

Hold the D key at powerup - can you get an LCD self-test to begin (alternating color screens)?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19994773
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey guys, person just brought this laptop to me running win7, claiming his wife says it freezes when online and a popup appears, I am waiting for his wife to call me to explain further as I am not seeing any of those issues, the net is working fine and no popup appears anytime, I can navigate around his system fine, laptop works fast and normal. What I am noticing is that it will not shut down using the start tab, also won't restart, it will only hibernate so only a hard shutdown is working. Also pressing ctrl+alt+delete is not bringing up the task manager, any ideas please?

A:Dell Inspiron N5010 shutdown issue

Sometimes malware will keep Task Manager from opening using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Go to c:\windows\system32 and copy taskmgr.exe to the desktop. Rename taskmgr.exe to something else like fix.exe and double click it. If Task Manager opens then the computer may be infected.

Are you talking about Hibernate or Sleep. Personally I would disable Hibernate.

Does the computer shut down if you use the following command in Run?

shutdown /s /t 0

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574174/dell-inspiron-n5010-shutdown-issue/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,

My Dell Inspiron N5010, bought 2 years back, keeps switching off for no reason at all. I then get a blue screen error, with the following details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: c000021a
BCP1: FFFFF8A0002DF2D0
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC0000001
BCP4: 0000000000100608
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\043012-21122-01.dmp
C:\Users\Sriram\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-49701-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I have attached the XML file. Please help!!!

A:My Dell Inspiron N5010 running Win 7 keeps switching off

Do you do something specific before this happens, or does it switch off in different situations? (Does it turn off when using a specific application for example)

Do you get the blue error after it turns off?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-dell-inspiron-n5010-running-win-7-keeps-switching-off-643167.html
Relevancy 84.71%

ido have windows 7and i just formatted it so i lost the installed drivers
so plz i need the installation of the f4 and f5 driver because i can't adjust the brightness of the screen

A:dell inspiron n5010 driver???for f4 f5driver?

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=INSPIRON_N5010&os=W764&osl=EN

Has the drivers for your system if you lost the install disk. These are the Windows 7 64 bit drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-inspiron-n5010-driver-for-f4-f5driver-504927.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello,
I have dell inspiron n5010 core i5, with ATI graphics..
While I was playing a game it get suddenly turned off as
if it was being shutted down, I tried to turn on again but I
cant pass Dell Logo anymore.
But sometimes, it boots to windows but not for long,
usually died in a minute again. The charging has no
problem and same for the battery. Some people are
suggesting it might be a motherboard problem, so I am
planning to buy a new motherboard but since its
extremely expensive I just want to confirm it first,
here's a video if you want to see what happens when I
pressed the power button

Any help is appreciated .. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMTt...ch?v=IMTtnIW3x2s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A:[Help] Dell inspiron n5010 wont boot.

Can't make youtube link to be shown ..sorry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-dell-inspiron-n5010-wont-boot.1111948/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi All A friend I work with asked me to check out this laptop that belongs to her daughter She said the touchpad wasn't functioning properly previously her older daughter had been using this laptop This laptop is currently running windows home premium -bit w service pack edition The older daughter has one user account setup on this machine she is listed as the administrator The second daughter has her own account and is listed as a standard account The first thing I did upon checking out the the issue with this machine is update the Synaptics Touchpad software to the latest version available for this machine V What is really N5010 Issue Dell Inspiron Touchpad strange to me is the fact that the touchpad seems to function correctly on the administrator account but when I switch to the other user account standard user it doesn't function correctly like it does on the administrator Dell Inspiron N5010 Touchpad Issue account To be honest I changed the standard user account to a administrator account temporarily so I could at least have access to run some test on the system namely sfc scannow After doing so I was informed no problems were found I can plug in a usb mouse to a usb port on the machine and it seems to function correctly I'm at the point now Dell Inspiron N5010 Touchpad Issue I don't know what to do as I've never ran into this issue before That's why I thought I'd see if anyone else has had this issue before Thanks David

A:Dell Inspiron N5010 Touchpad Issue

Hi Davy,
sounds like the user profile is corrupt delete, the second daughters profile, reboot and set up a new one.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/394054-dell-inspiron-n5010-touchpad-issue.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi there,
My Dell Inspiron laptop had an issues the other day which might to get a blue screen of death and then crash. I since tried to turn the laptop back on however, it was getting 8 beeps and staying on a black screen. Sometime it would boot and login before the black screen would appear. Usually, 8 beeps would mean the display has gone however, after further testing and research i feel that the motherboard needs replacing. I am therefore looking to replace the motherboard however, I'm not sure which one to get. The part number for the one I have now is: 0VX53T but I am unable to find this anywhere. I've seen one on eBay (part number: Y6Y56) - would this be compatible? Here is the link to the one I've seen:

Thanks,
Priy

A:Replacing Motherboard - Dell 15R Inspiron N5010

Hi priypriy,
We need to isolate if the issue is with the LCD screen or system board. I would suggest you to connect the system to an external display to check if the system is able to project on it.
Also, Please private message us the system service tag so that I can check the system configuration and let you know the part number. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992516
Relevancy 84.71%

hi,
I have Dell inspiron N5010 laptop, two days back screen is suddenly gone blank. when I power on the laptop the power button and notification lights are glowing, fan is also working but nothing come on the screen. I tried to go to BIOS but BIOS is not opening also not even Dell logo is coming on startup. what is the problem with my laptop. can anyone help me with this issue
Thanks,
Manjeet Singh

A:Dell Inspiron N5010 screen gone blank

Hi manjeetsingh13,
Thank you for reaching to Dell Community Forum.
Please connect an external monitor and check if you get any display.
Do you hear any beeps from the system?
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19995422
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello everyone i bought a new laptop Heat Problem..Help 15R Dell (N5010) Inspiron Please! two days Dell Inspiron 15R (N5010) Heat Problem..Help Please! ago a Dell Inspiron R and i'm happy with its performance main specs CPU Core i Q GHz Ram GB DDR GPU ATI HD Radeon Mobility GB Up to but i'm worried coz i noticed that it warms once i start it up then heats so much when running a game Homefront here's the temps by SpeedFan At normal situation when i don't open or use anything just the firefox and SpeedFan - And these temps when i only run homefront game on the main menu before i even play it - Are these even normal - Does this affected something in my laptop because if so i'll return it and take a new one xD - What do u suggest what the hell's wrong with dell everyone advised me to buy a dell laptop and unfortunately i faced a problem in the second day i hope everything's normal i really need ur help and info i don't care about games i just wanted to test its ability on games that's all but i'm thinking about heat when working with other things like editing hd videos graphic designs etc thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 15R (N5010) Heat Problem..Help Please!

My desktop is around 40 degrees when stressed, so I was shocked originally by those temperatures. I did some digging, and laptop temperatures are typically a lot higher, around 70 degrees when stressed
Considering that this is an i7 as well, I would consider this a fairly normal temperature, just make sure you aren't obstructing any ventilation grills.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/156842-dell-inspiron-15r-n5010-heat-problem-help-please.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,
I have Dell Inspiron N5010 with GPU overheating issue, fan always working at highest speed but GPU temperature did not decrease bellow 67C and computer shut down when playing games.
Already replaced CPU thermal paste and CPU temperature dropped from 88C to 52C but GPU temperature did not drop so I want to replace thermal pad because it looks like that thermal pad damaged and there is a gap between GPU and thermal pad which attached to heat sink.
online sellers have different thermal pads thickness and they range from 0.5 mm, 1 mm, 1.5mm, 2mm to 2.5mm  
Form what I understood if thermal pad too thick it wont help to reduce GPU temperature so please can you advice me which thermal pad should I use for Dell inspiron n5010, mother board type CN-052F31, dg15 mb 48.4hh01.011 bios, AIT HD 1GB GPU.
Thank you very much
Regards,

A:Dell Inspiron N5010 AIT 1GB GPU thermal pad thickness ?

Hi,
The same issue here. Please advice if you have found the answer.
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19662323
Relevancy 84.71%

Whether I am playing a game or just browsing the internet my laptop will randomly lock for 1-2 min and I can't do anything until it un-locks. Try to get into task manager or do anything else and they will pop up only after the computer un-locks. I have run spyware and other programs to see what might be causing it to no avail. Hope there is someone who can help me with my issues.

Dell Inspiron N5010
Windows 7 Home 64 bit
Intel Duo i5 M450 2.4Ghz
4GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5470

Thanks for any future help with my issues. Hope I posted in the right forum

Relevancy 83.85%

Dear Community,
Do you guy knew if Dell E7250 is able to install ADDITIONAL ssd in M.2 Expansion Slots?
In the specification it's show there are free M.2 slot for WWAN or SSD.

If it's support what SSD M.2 model should i but 2242?

A:Dell E7250 SSD Expansion Slot

The additional slot referenced is in the E-dock expansion adapter - NOT the system.  The system takes only one internal M.2 drive.
If you have (or purchase) the E-dock port adapter, you'll have the additional M.2 slot.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995625
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a dell m6600 with an Open DMC slot. I already have 2 1TB Sata ssd drives installed, 1 msata 256GB SSD, Wifi and Bluetooth, 32GB Ram, 2 extra 3.0 USB slots in the 54mm express card slot, for a total of 4 USB 3.0 slots, but have no idea what the      1 inch x 1 inch DMC slot is for, or what the acronym stands for.
Anybody know?

A:what fits in the Dell M6600 1x1 DMC slot?

<<www.dell.com/learn/us/en/19/help-me-choose/hmc-wireless-hd-sibeam-consumer?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&ref=CFG&delphi:gr=true?/
Display mini card -- for wireless video transmission

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19650628
Relevancy 83.85%

1) I ran the startup repair but could not finish.
2) I ran diagnostic. Got a dst short test failure message and an error code:0f00:065D
3) I got into safe mode and was able to run chkdsk C:.
got the following:

"54 percent complete, <250339 of 293212 index entries processed>
Error detected in index $130 for file 107986.
Error detected in index $130 for file 107986.

293212 index entries processed.
Index verification completed.

Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read only mode."

What do I need to do next? run chkdsk C:/r or something?

A:Dell Inspiron N5010 stuck up at starting window

Hello window7Delluser and welcome to Seven Forums.

It wouldn't hurt to run chkdsk C: /F /R

Disk Check

If problems still exist you could run a separate System File Checker scan from an elevated command prompt. If problems are found run the scan 3 times rebooting in between each scan. You could also try running the Startup Repair again. It also should be run at least 3 times if problems are found.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Startup Repair

It's also possible that the hard drive has some physical problems. You may want to run a separate hard drive diagnostics check. A few of them include;

Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

SeaTools | Seagate (click on downloads tab and select SeaTools for Windows option.)

Or you could go directly to the hard drive manufcturer's website and look for a diagnostic tool specifically for your drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235428-dell-inspiron-n5010-stuck-up-starting-window.html
Relevancy 83.85%

My Dell Inspiron Windows bit locks up while playing somewhat intense graphic games like Skyrim or Fallout or Oblivion why yes I do like Bethesda Games While playing and at random moments the laptop will freeze lock-up the image remains no response from keyboard or mouse the sound continues to loop the last millisecond of sound to where it sounds like RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I m then forced to restart manually While it loads from the restart it generally freezes before the Windows Logo has disappeared One the second or third restart it finally loads but if I dare playing Up Inspiron While Solved: Dell n5010 Locks to play good graphics games again RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR you get the idea I ve scoped all sorts of forums on this one and can t seem to find the answer Yes I ve updated the Chipset Yes I ve downloaded latest drivers from Radeon Yes the fan is NOT blocked Yes All temps are normal range HDD around C CPU s around C EDIT F and GPU around C Yes I ve run Dell Solved: Dell Inspiron n5010 Locks Up While playing s diagnostics Solved: Dell Inspiron n5010 Locks Up While playing Software to no avail Yes I ve run the Bios Memory test to determine all is well Yes I Solved: Dell Inspiron n5010 Locks Up While playing ve run check disk with no errors Do I have something wrong with the inside Blown capacitor or something I m not proficient with that sort of tinkering Your help is greatly appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD M Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc YXXJJ Antivirus None EDIT AVG nbsp

Relevancy 83.85%

I am facing a kind of unique problem with my Dell inspiron N laptop When ever I carry my laptop to 10-15 in seconds off shuts Dell inspiron booting while N5010 some place lets say from home to college it stops booting Dell inspiron N5010 shuts off while booting in 10-15 seconds when I switch on my laptop it starts but after - seconds it shuts off also when I try to keep the sysem in bios it again shuts off within - seconds Twist in the problem is that if I keep my laptop idle for - minutes it starts working fine I never remove battery or ram just left my laptop idle another thing is i face ths problem wheonlyn laptop is carried by me in my back pack or u can say when laptop is subjected to movment I noticed this pattern seriously For past days I didn t displaced my laptop from my desk and it work like any normal laptop but today when I took it to my friends place and there when I tried to boot it it starts and shuts off within seconds while booting so I did the same left it idle witouth even Dell inspiron N5010 shuts off while booting in 10-15 seconds removing ram or battery or charger for - minutes and then it starts working fine Why is this happening is there is a problem i hardware or just some loose connection nbsp nbsp

A:Dell inspiron N5010 shuts off while booting in 10-15 seconds

Hi,
I have the same dell inspiron n5010 which shuts down immeaditely when powered. doesn't even go past the DELL welcoming screen! All my attempts to clean up the vents/fan and reapplying the thermal paste both on cpu/gpu dint solve the problem neither did resitting the cpu/rams/hdd. Also disconnecting all the mainboard add-ons like hdd, dvd, wifi/Ethernet, sd cards and leaving the mainboard naked dint solve the problem. Conclusion; MOTHERBOARD IS DEAD !! RIP
Technicians will eat your money and some even miraculously make it work but the problem is still there and sure as night will come back! REPLACE THE *** BOARD OR GET NEW!!!
#NOTBUYINGDELLEVERAGAIN

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19452409
Relevancy 83.85%

Bar code
KR-0U150P-71766-97Z-D3WN-A00
Made in china
DP/N 0U150P
kindly help as its an urgent case

A:I want to know if the battery i bought for dell inspiron n5010 is orginal or not

Hi Jokervirus1
Thanks for writing to us. 
All Dell batteries serial number start with either CN or KR .
We have checked the serial number you provided and its a Genuine Dell battery part. 
Nothing to worry.
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981053
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi everyone First of all please excuse my English Someone gave me his former laptop N the HDD was broken I spent some money to buy a SSD and to upgrade the RAM everything was working fine and I don t know why BIOS Dell failed flash Inspiron N5010 I Dell Inspiron N5010 BIOS flash failed tried to update the BIOS I downloaded the A version on the Dell website started the EXE file and while updating from A to A the screen went black I waited for a long moment and decided to remove the battery As a result now the laptop is not working anymore Black screen with beep while quot booting quot I followed many quot tricks quot to recover the bios they were all marked as solved for everyone but me this one for exemple http bit ly cdODDc I extracted a rom file from the EXE bios Dell Inspiron N5010 BIOS flash failed update with Windows CMD prompt C BIOS EXE writeromfile with Phoenix Tool I created a bootable USB put the BIOS ROM renamed BIOS WPH on the flash drive removed the battery plugged the flash drive hold the end button while plugging the AC cord But nothing interesting happened I tried this solution from Dell s community nbsp http dell to bRo me Still not working So if you have any ideas it will really help me Thanks Vincent

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990337
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi everyone
i recently purchased DELL N5010 INSPIRON, but now it give one problem. It is not run without AC power. and when i point the battery through mouse it show
"17% available (Plugged in, Not Charging).
and battry light flashing 4 times with orange light after a second. It is the bug or any hardware problem, becuase the bettery may be only 2 month old.
I search on the web, but found fake solution which is not applying to solve it.
If any one have a solution then i appreciated it before solving this one.

Thanks and Appreciated in Advace.
Haq Nawaz

A:Dell N5010 inspiron Battery (plugged in , not charging)

I had the same problem with my dell inspiron 5010. The problem is most likely with the connector on the back of the laptop. There are 3 type of connectors, +19.5v, ground and sense.
I resolved it by bending the pins towards outside leaving the center pin (sense) free.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19371949
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

I need N5010 bios administrator password. I don't speak English. :-(

Bye.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991834
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello, I am using Access 2000 and have created a database with a command button that opens up a report via a macro. I would like to know how to open up single reports instead of pushing a button that brings up every report, I've been able to open up reports that are based off of queries, queries that have paramenters that need to be inputted in order to bring up single unique records, but I would like to be able to just create a button that brings just that particular unique record-report off of that particular unique record on that form. Meaning that for a record that had just been inputted for John Doe on a form, I would like to know how to create a button on that form to pull up John Doe's single report without having to build a query that asks for a parameter. Is there anyway to do this?

A:Access-Printing a single report off of a single record from an Access database form

You will have to adapt this to your own form setup; but it's just using the Where line of the OpenReport macro action.

If on the form MyFormName you have two controls called txtFirstNm and txtLastNm, and in the query underlying the report you have two fields called FirstNm and LastNm, you would put into the Where line of the OpenReport action:

Code:
[FirstNm]=[Forms]![MyFormName]![txtFirstNm] And [LastNm]=[Forms]![MyFormName]![txtLastNm]
Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-printing-a-single-report-off-of-a-single-record-from-an-access-database-form.99807/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have dell XPS M1530 that has a DVD stuck in the slot drive. You can hear it try and eject by making the sound, but nothing comes out. I tried to eject prior to windows loading, but had no luck. What are my options. Thanks.

Relevancy 82.99%

hi, i got a dell 420 laptop with a slot for a cellular sim card.
i inserted the sim card, but do not find how to operate it, what should i do in order to surf using this cellular modem connection.
I wcould not find any support in dell's sites and forums.
Thanks a lot, Yaron.
You ca also email to: [email protected]

Relevancy 82.99%

My dog knocked my D620 on the floor. The pcmcia connector & housing are damaged. Does the D610 use the same parts? There seem to be plenty of 610 slots available.

A:Dell D620 pcmcia slot damaged

I thing that question will be better suited for DELL tech support. However, be careful in how you word the question, because the might want to sell you their service or product. Make it look as only you are wondering or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d620-pcmcia-slot-damaged.99871/
Relevancy 82.99%

My single-surface touchpad is exasperating and I would never buy this model if I knew Much of the time a right-click behaves simply as a left click For instance a Single-surface 5555 Touchpad right-clicking, with Inspiron temperamental multiple hits Google search page disappears and becomes simply the one selection I d intended to quot open in new tab quot from the customary drop-open submenu which fails to appear upon right-clicking a hit Also right-clicking a highlighted block of text often simply removes the highlighting instead of Single-surface Touchpad temperamental with right-clicking, Inspiron 5555 providing a drop-open submenu for quot copy quot or quot cut quot or the like nbsp I m trying to get in the habit of substituting two-finger taps for right clicks but that choice is unreliable and fails rather often Dell ought to be all over this but improved drivers haven t been offered nbsp Short of resigning myself to using an external mouse on a table top not exactly why we wanted a laptop with touchpad in the first place is there anything I can do to improve this temperamental touchpad s performance nbsp I ve done my best with settings nothing corrects the performance problem described here

A:Single-surface Touchpad temperamental with right-clicking, Inspiron 5555

Hi Donny4444,
Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.
Please check the below link to see if there is any troubleshooting step that you have not tried:
http://dell.to/2ejD7qI
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id, so that we can check on the configuration.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995117
Relevancy 82.99%

Its been an issue with me and my friend having i5 CPU M 450 @2.40 GHz
Whenever i play music in, usually foobar2000/winamp/mediamonkey the computers lags a lot. it does not freeze completely, but it becomes unbearably slow.

Is this a common issue ? is there any solution ?

i usually "set affinity" of the music player from the task manager to "cpu 3" only, and the other program running to the remaining cpu, and the performance usually gets better, but i cant do this with chrome because there are many "chrome.exe" in the task manager.

A:Windows 7 x64 i5 Dell Inspiron N5010 lags when music played

Quote: Originally Posted by sahildave1991

Its been an issue with me and my friend having i5 CPU M 450 @2.40 GHz
Whenever i play music in, usually foobar2000/winamp/mediamonkey the computers lags a lot. it does not freeze completely, but it becomes unbearably slow.

Is this a common issue ? is there any solution ?

i usually "set affinity" of the music player from the task manager to "cpu 3" only, and the other program running to the remaining cpu, and the performance usually gets better, but i cant do this with chrome because there are many "chrome.exe" in the task manager.

Often caused by a driver. Please download this latency checker to test. DPC Latency Checker

Also check in event viewer for sound related things, app hang, or app crash.

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Event viewer (local) and look for errors listed in the last day, week, etc. Then go to the windows log>application tab. Finally the windows Logs>system tabs.

You want to look for all errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/200068-windows-7-x64-i5-dell-inspiron-n5010-lags-when-music-played.html
Relevancy 82.99%

My old man's best friend divorced his wife a few years ago She left a bunch of her stuff will get into N5010 options? work. my F8 do not inspiron Dell How advance I boot at his house He has repeatedly asked her to come get her stuff amp she refuses everytime Since he bought it he has the right to do whatever he wants with it So instead of pawning it he How do I get into my Dell inspiron N5010 advance boot options? F8 will not work. gave it to my daughter for school work She was so secretive around the time she left that he doesn't know any of her passwords It's stuck on the gmail microsoft password login He does have the admin password but that doesn't seem to help at all Is there anyway at all for me to access the advanced boot options without F I've tried F Which takes me set up amp F which takes me to boot options They both do not have the options for advanced boot options Is there any hope for us to save this laptop It's kinda old but my daughter really loves it

A:How do I get into my Dell inspiron N5010 advance boot options? F8 will not work.

This might help  http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/215458-repair-your-computer-option-not-working-restoring-factory-backup.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573915/how-do-i-get-into-my-dell-inspiron-n5010-advance-boot-options-f8-will-not-work/
Relevancy 82.99%

Local Area Network is not showing in my Dell Inspiron N5010. I have manually installed Windows 7 ultimate 32bit from my CD because my lap came with DOS OS. I have installed network driver, ie RTL8103T Ethernet Controller from dell site, but still lan icon is not appearing. Please help me.. I am trying to fix this issue since 6 hours...

A:Local Area Network is not showing in my Dell Inspiron N5010

Try the following.Right click on computer and select manage.A window will pop up and choose device manager from the left pane.From the Device Manager window click an icon on the top panel (if you hover your mouse the icon will say "scan for hardware changes").Click on that and let windows choose the relevant drivers for your network adapters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/259490-local-area-network-not-showing-my-dell-inspiron-n5010.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I installed Windows 10 -win64- on my Inspiron N5010 (prior was Windows 7). Now bluetooth is not working! How can I fix that? Do I need a new driver and where to find it?
Help please asap.

A:Bluetooth not working after installing Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron N5010

Hi,
Given in this case relevant drivers have to be installed on your system. Hence uninstall the relevant drivers ,restart the system. Then in compatibility mode install the Bluetooth drivers.
If there are any other concerns just write to us with Bluetooth card details,system service tag sent via private message.
Regards,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19666400
Relevancy 82.99%

My Dell Inspiron n Windows Ultimate bit recently recovered from an LCD problem Beeps that I managed to fix with an external monitor Startup Repair and new GPU and BIOS drivers that were recommended by the Dell AutoDetect feature on the website The laptop now works fine as far as I know however it constantly beeps then pauses then beeps some more Note that this problem does not persist if I booted the laptop as it was connected to an external monitor As long as I booted it connected to one it won t trouble me Is there a fix for this problem as having to rely on an external monitor for a laptop kind of destroys the purpose of portability The battery is pretty old and I can t just put the computer to sleep to move it somewhere else without it shutting down itself I have not tested if the problem persists if it boots from a hibernation Thank you Chayse

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985674
Relevancy 82.99%

So I'm getting 4 beeps from my N5010.
I remove both RAM sticks & I get 2 beeps (no RAM detected) so I think my motherboard is good.
I've done every combination of RAM sticks in the slots to try to isolate a bad one, & I'm still getting 4 beeps no matter what.
What next?

A:RE: dell inspiron N5010 doesnt start only beeps 4 sounds

Hi F1098,
4 beeps are bad memory and 2 beeps are no memory as you are already aware.
Now, have you tried each memory module in each slot and it fails with 4 beeps on every case? If yes, then I would suspect the motherboard to be faulty. The chances of 2 memory modules going faulty at the same time is very rare. You could however, test this memory module on another machine to confirm if it is functional or not.
If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984069
Relevancy 82.99%

I am currently using windows 8.1 on my Dell Inspiron N5010. While the wireless module is working perfectly, the Ethernet port gets frequently disconnected due to unknown reasons. To make it function again, I need to reinstall its drivers every time. Can anyone figure out the cause behind this and solutions if any?

A:Realtek Ethernet port malfunctioning Dell Inspiron N5010

Bad cable, bad Ethernet port, bad router or switch. You can go to Realtek and download the latest driver from them.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68344-realtek-ethernet-port-malfunctioning-dell-inspiron-n5010.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi
Just received my new e5470 with 4GB RAM, I wanted to upgrade to 16GB (2x8GB) which I have from my previous laptop. I found only one slot underneath, the usual place for the 2nd slot next to it does not have the slot set up and it is blank. I have also removed and checked under the keyboard but it was not there either.
The BOIS setup stated that I have two slots, one is 8GB which is I know I have (I changed the 4GB which came originally with one of the two 8GB that I have) and the other is "not slotted" which I am unable to locate.
Does anyone know where is the other slot located?
Thank you

A:Unable to find the 2nd RAM slot Dell Latitude e5470

The manual will have that info. It is most likely under the 4 gb. 
www.dell.com/.../Removing-the-memory-module

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987326
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey everyone I m new to this site and everything dealin w the hardware of a computer I Dimension HELP!! the slot?~ ram NEED I Dell 1GB CPU 3.00GHz 3000 do find ~Where m kinda in a bad spot now and i ve always kinda been since i bought this NEED HELP!! Dell Dimension 3000 3.00GHz 1GB ram ~Where do I find the CPU slot?~ computer Well my question in general is Can anyone tell me is there any way to find the CPU slot my motherboard has Specs are Dell Dimension Pentium GHz and GB of ram Little backround info on why i need this answered i m NEED HELP!! Dell Dimension 3000 3.00GHz 1GB ram ~Where do I find the CPU slot?~ a gamer and always have been for about yrs now but when i bought this computer some yrs ago it had the intel graphics controller as a video card i upgraded if u can call it an upgrade to the only direct x video card that was pci only a nvidia FX now i m trying to get the fps for the newer games that are coming out and i need a new motherboard for my comp so i can get NEED HELP!! Dell Dimension 3000 3.00GHz 1GB ram ~Where do I find the CPU slot?~ a PCI-E PLEASE HELP ME OUT BECAUSE DELL WONT RELEASE THIS INFORMATION TO ME B C THEY DON T SUPPORT THIRD PARTY UPGRADES nbsp

A:NEED HELP!! Dell Dimension 3000 3.00GHz 1GB ram ~Where do I find the CPU slot?~

I had the exact PC a few years ago so I think that I can help. Your PC is a normal ATX type computer. Any atx mobo will fit in there. Do you live near a warehouse type store like "Fry's Electronics"? They specialize in PC parts and have excellent deals on mobo/cpu bundles. I upgraded to a socket 775 board with a dual core Pent D 945 Presler cpu. The board takes the pc-3200 400 mhz ram or the pc-4200 533mhz ram (DDR2). So you can use your current ram for now. I suggest DDR2 when you can. (2GHZ). The pci-express slot is there, as are SATA inputs if you upgrade your hardisk sometime. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-dell-dimension-3000-3-00ghz-1gb-ram-where-do-i-find-the-cpu-slot.86376/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a Dell Mini 10v that recently erred with the "ntdetect.com failed!" message, and I don't have any CD slots on the dell mini so I used "USB Multi Boot 10" with PetoUSB, and I got it to work on the dell mini. I got to the recovery screen and when I type in "D:\copy ntdetect.com C:\"(that's where my ntdetect.com file is located on my usb drive), So that I can copy it onto the C:\ Drive to resolve my error, it just says "The file could not be copied". Is there anyway to get ntdetect.com to copy onto the C:\ Drive?

Here are a couple of pictures of the error, and my Dell Mini10v with the flash drive in it.

A:ntdetect.com failed! dell mini 10v. no cd slot, Using USB drive

when you get to the D:\> prompt do a dir command, can you see the files on the flash drive?
It would be best if the ntdetect file was the only file on the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ntdetect-com-failed-dell-mini-10v-no-cd-slot-using-usb-drive.858860/
Relevancy 82.13%

I purchased what was described as a 'Dell 3588D Motherboard Slot 1 Dimension
XPS-B' motherboard from eBay. It uses Rambus memory sticks, but has 3
memory slots to fill, while every motherboard of that type I have researched only
has 2 memory slots. In addition, most of the Series B desktops I looked into
seem to be limited to 512MB of memory.
Because my motherboard has 3 memory slots, would I be allowed to insert three 256MB memory sticks, giving me a total memory of 768MB? I'm told that you should
not exceed the required limit of memory. Would someone care to comment on my
predicament?

hextek

A:Filling a 3rd memory slot of a Dell B Series desktop

Just try it, it'll either work or it won't work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/filling-a-3rd-memory-slot-of-a-dell-b-series-desktop.146470/
Relevancy 82.13%

It beeps four times then stops and starts again....I have had this computer for a little bit over than a year. I really need help since I can't afford a new computer right now. It was working fine till I left it in sleep then after 45 mins when I went to turn it back on it did that. The lights come up but the desktop is completely black then followed by the beeps describe before.

Any help is extremely appreciated....Thank you so much!

A:[SOLVED] My laptop a Dell inspiron N5010 won't turn on and it beeps 4 times

I would suggest checking the memory modules first.

Try removing one of the modules and boot the laptop.

If unsuccessful swap the modules and try again

Inspiron N5010 Service Guide

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-my-laptop-a-dell-inspiron-n5010-wont-turn-on-and-it-beeps-4-times-649809.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Is this a kensignton slot? Where I can attach a little security cable...

"found on 99% of laptops"

A:Kensington slot (k-slot)

Looks like it to me

Wikipedia has a picture of a Kensington lock slot on the side of Apple Powerbook laptop, and of the business end of the lock cable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_Security_Slot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kensington-slot-k-slot.656505/