Windows Support Forum

Stuck on 14352, with no offer of new iast ring build

Q: Stuck on 14352, with no offer of new iast ring build

Hi All,

I seem to be stuck on fast ring build 14352. Have checked a few things in the Registry and retried several times, but as yet, have seen nothing.

Any ideas?

The latest Insider Preview ISO that you can download seems to the build 14342 (via https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced), and I don't really want to download the ESD from a russian site, but can't seem to find the correct MS site.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/54091-stuck-14352-no-offer-new-iast-ring-build.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Stuck on 14352, with no offer of new iast ring build

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 86.43%

Hey, guys and gals!

I've been stuck with the bugs of this build for some time and it was annoying at first, but still bearable. Now I've been getting the expiration warning and that's a big problem for me. I don't know if there's a newer build for the slow ring or not, and my system can't find any newer build to update to. I can't change to the fast ring because that's one of the bugs of this build.... I don't want to wake up on the 1'st of October not being able use my PC.

Any idea on how I can solve this or any info on the new build for the slow ring?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64756-stuck-build-14905-slow-ring-expiration-soon.html
Relevancy 77.4%

hi guys,
im on build 14926 on fast ring on the SP3, I know there is a new build to download but my pc doesn't download it even though it says "downloading"
UPDATE: I fixed it somehow

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/441159-fast-ring-build-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Ever since I installed build on my desktop I have been unable to contact any web sites using Chrome and very few using Microsoft Edge yet I am connected to the internet and dropbox synchronisation is working perfectly When I try to go to my mail using Gmail I get a page saying quot This site cannot be reached mail google com's server DNS address could not be found Try Reloading the page Checking the proxy firewall and DNS configuration DNS PROBE FINISHED BAD CONFIG quot I get the same if I use Incognito and if I use Microsoft Edge although the message is slightly different I get the same if I try to go to any other web site I have tried using ipconfig all followed by flush release renew with no result It is not my router or cable connection as I get the same with a wifi connection on the same desktop computer but my wifi and cable connections on my laptop which is Build work perfectly correctly through the same router as do my Android wifi connection and my Apple wifi connection It is only my desktop Any suggestions about how to revert to getting online with my desktop

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/52501-build-14352-dns-problems.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Today we are releasing Windows Insider Preview Build to Windows Preview 10 Insider Build 14352 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring What s new Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352 in Build Cortana Improvements Cortana Your Personal DJ In addition to playing songs via your local files and OneDrive you also now have the ability to play any song from the entire Groove Music Catalog using Cortana If you have a Groove Music Pass just ask Cortana to play Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352 your favorite artist genre playlist or song This also Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352 works with Cortana on your Lock screen Windows Ink Updated Sticky Notes With the latest update Sticky Notes are now better than ever with the ability to create Cortana reminders from your notes that will flow with you across your Cortana enabled devices Compass on the ruler We ve updated the Windows Ink ruler to include a compass If the ruler is oriented in the direction of any of the cardinal points or midpoints the compass indicator will become bold Other items of note Windows Game bar improved with full-screen support One of the most common requests we see for the Windows Game DVR feature is the ability to use the Windows Game bar with more games running in full-screen Updated File Explorer icon Based on Insider feedback we have updated the File Explorer icon with more color Deploying Windows Enterprise edition gets easier Prior to Windows the upgrade from the Pro to Enterprise edition required a complete wipe and reinstallation of the OS In Windows we enabled bit-less edition upgrade from Pro to Enterprise This means all the features are on the device already and the upgrade to Enterprise edition can be performed by changing the product key rather than having to download and deploy a new image Limited Period Scanning Limited Periodic Scanning is a new security setting you can choose to turn on if you use an antivirus program other than Windows Defender This setting can provide an additional line of defense in scanning and detecting malware on your device This setting can be turned on for unmanaged devices You can read more about Limited Period Scanning here Here s what s fixed for PC Spoiler General Bug Fixes Feedback Hub should now be localized properly If you install a different language you will need to relaunch Feedback Hub to have it show in that language We fixed the issue with Intel HD Graphics or Intel HD Graphics GPUs causing rendering issues and instability with Microsoft Edge If you mitigated this issue by using software rendering instead of GPU rendering you can go back to GPU rendering Starting with this build pinned tabs in Microsoft Edge should no longer get lost after updating to a new Insider Preview build We fixed an issue causing Surface Books to bugcheck bluescreen when using Windows Hello We fixed an issue that caused the Brightness Quick Action to appear missing This build includes fixes for Precision Touchpads We have Improved reliability of using gestures to switch between virtual desktops We also improved touchpad responsiveness for pans and two finger taps We also fixed an issue where swiping on the touchpad might not wake the device once it was in Connected Standby state We fixed an issue resulting in maximized UWP apps slightly overlapping the taskbar if taskbar was positioned on top We fixed an issue in the Action Center where it wouldn t show the hover state when moving your mouse over notifications if a notification had been expanded We fixed an issue resulting in missing icons in Action Center when using Light mode We fixed an issue resulting in Restart Required continuing to show in Action Center after restart has already occurred Increased hit target of X icon for notifications in Action Center to make them easier to dismiss We fixed a timing issue where the Bluetooth Quick Action might appear with state ON for a device with no Bluetooth We fixed an issue where using Esc to exit a full screen video with Microsoft Edg... Read more

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-insider-preview-build-14352.60091/
Relevancy 73.96%

When the volume is muted, it remains active, but the system sees it as disabled.

Look at this pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/4agzU

If you want upvote this problem,
my feedback is here:

feedback-hub:?contextid=694&feedbackid=c173309a-0bc4-4422-9709-a084444f7b22&form=1&src=2

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/51717-build-14352-volume-mute-unmute-bugged.html
Relevancy 73.53%

HI EVERYONE! ive got this problem!..when i reboot the audio doesnt work , and same for the video  ..seems like i miss some driver but is not!
i've tried several times to remove and reinstall the video and audio driver ..without any success,, 
Any one is experiencing the same issue ??
thanks in advance !

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981907
Relevancy 64.5%

I would like to know what is the last build of the release preview ring. I know that the one for mobile is 14393.189 but what about for PC?
(It would be perfect to have a actualized list with builds number of the slow ring, fast ring and release preview (Mobile & PC))

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440579-what-last-build-release-preview-ring.html
Relevancy 64.5%

The only build that I have received through windows update is 14931. I have posted at the insider community and tried numerous reg hacks, enabling and disabling windows update, deleting temp files, turning on and off fast ring. Some have said it's my hardware, and I am so frustrated I am considering a new rig. But that can be expensive.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/69974-new-insiderfast-ring-build-not-pushing-my-rig.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Microsoft today released Windows build for PCs to the Fast ring The news comes just a day after was offered up build in - Fast new for 14971 now here's ring what's available PCs the Windows 10 to the Slow ring for PCs as phones still need to be on the Fast ring to grab a Creators Update Windows 10 build 14971 for PCs now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new preview The build contains a number of new features such as the Office Hub that we reported on this morning You ll also be able to read EPUB documents in Microsoft Edge Here s the full changelog Read EPUB books in Microsoft Edge The reading experience will get even better with the Windows Creators Update In addition to providing a great reading experience for PDF files you can now Windows 10 build 14971 for PCs now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new read any unprotected e-book in the EPUB file format with Microsoft Edge When you open an unprotected e-book in Microsoft Edge Windows 10 build 14971 for PCs now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new you will be taken into a customizable reading experience where you can change the font and text size and choose between themes light sepia and dark As you read you can leave bookmarks To navigate through an e-book you can use the table of contents or seek bar at the bottom of the browser And you can also search for words or phrases and use Cortana to define specific words You can download and read unprotected e-books from places like Feedbooks Project Gutenberg Free eBooks requires sign-up ePubBooks requires sign-up Open Library and even our own Microsoft Press Try out reading an e-book in Microsoft Edge and let us know what you think Bringing D to Everyone via the Paint D Preview app Starting with this build and going forward the Paint D Preview app is now included as part of Windows Opening Paint from Start will now take you to the Paint D Preview app Please try it out and let us know what you think we should improve or add next Currently Paint D Preview is only available in English aka regardless of your display language the text will be in English support for other languages will be coming soon Remix D Preview the community counterpart to Paint D Preview is expanding to Austria Belgium Denmark Germany Ireland Netherlands Norway Sweden and Switzerland for Windows Insiders today Remix D Preview is currently only available in English but we will continue to expand our region and language support You can check it out at Remix D com and from within the Paint D Preview app PowerShell in the Shell In an effort to bring the best command line experiences to the forefront for all power users PowerShell is now the defacto command shell from File Explorer It replaces Command Prompt aka cmd exe in the WIN X menu in File Explorer s File menu and in the context menu that appears when you shift-right-click the whitespace in File Explorer Typing cmd or powershell in File Explorer s address bar will remain a quick way to launch the command shell at that location For those who prefer to use Command Prompt you can opt out of the WIN X change by opening Settings gt Personalization gt Taskbar and turning Replace Command Prompt with Windows PowerShell in the menu when I right-click the Start button or press Windows key X to Off Fun fact It s PowerShell s year anniversary this week Hop over to Channel to see some of the videos we ve been sharing about it If you re looking to learn more about unleashing the power in PowerShell this page is a great resource Improved Typing Experience with Japanese and Chinese Input Method Editors IMEs This build includes many improvements in this space here are some of the highlights Improved Chinese IME reliability In particular we fixed an issue where the IME might crash due to an incompletely downloaded or corrupted dictionary file Improved Conversion Accuracy for the Japanese IME We also fixed various issues in particular when conversion was used mixed with prediction and an UX issue whe... Read more

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-build-14971-for-pcs-now-available-in-the-fast-ring-heres-whats-new.65607/
Relevancy 63.64%

The only build that I have received through windows update is 14931. I have posted at the insider community and tried numerous reg hacks, enabling and disabling windows update, deleting temp files, turning on and off fast ring. Some have said it's my hardware, and I am so frustrated I am considering a new rig. But that can be expensive.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/69974-new-insider-fast-ring-build-not-pushing-my-rig.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Microsoft today released yet another Windows build from the Development Branch bringing the build number to The build is for Fast ring Insiders what's 14931 available - ring 10 now Fast here's the build for Windows PCs in new and it s available for PCs only comes exactly one week after the previous Fast ring build Like today s build it only contained minor new features There s always a time between when a major update is released - such Windows 10 build 14931 for PCs now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new as the Anniversary Update on August - and Microsoft holds an event to show off new Windows features where new builds don t have any groundbreaking new features In fact the features listed don t really apply to the build at all Most of the changelog is made up of app updates along with USB Audio Here s what s new Feedback Hub Update Feedback Hub has been updated to version This update contains some highly requested features from Windows Insiders including dark mode showing the original feedback author in the feedback details and a settings page for Feedback Hub To enable dark mode just go into settings in Feedback Hub Maps App Update The Maps app was updated to version last week You can now you can check the traffic to your Home or Work locations at any time by tapping the Traffic icon in the app bar You will see traffic conditions to Home and Work and your most recently viewed traffic cameras so that you can stay on top of the road conditions along your route Additionally the Maps app now follows your system setting for theme preference for light or dark mode And you can choose to change the map theme too Send SMS with Skype Preview You can now try out sending and receiving SMS and MMS messages directly from a Windows PC when Skype on their Windows Mobile phone is set as the default messaging app Give it a try and let us know what you think For more details see this blog post from the Skype Team Native support for USB Audio We now have native support for USB Audio devices with an inbox class driver This is an early version of the driver that does not have all features enabled for e g only playback render is supported with this version Recording capture support is scheduled to arrive in later iterations We encourage you to play with the driver and let us know what you think using the Feedback app If you already have third party drivers for your USB Audio device installed follow instructions in this blog post to switch to using the inbox class driver Here s what got fixed and improved We fixed the issue causing people to experience a black screen when signing out and switching to another user account and unable to log in to that account We fixed the issue causing the built-in Windows apps such as Calculator Alarms amp Clock and Voice Recorder to not work after updating to a new build Here are the known issues While using Narrator and Groove Music if you navigate to the progress bar while a song is playing then Narrator will continually speak the progress of the song e g update with the current time of the progress bar every second The result is you will be unable to listen to the song or hear any other control you navigate to Oracle VM VirtualBox will crash on launch after upgrading to this build Optional components may not work after upgrading to this build To get it working again go to Turn Windows features on or off scroll down and check the right optional component and click ok After a reboot the optional component will be enabled again For keyboard users using tab to navigate the Settings app will not work in this build The arrow keys should work as a temporary workaround Tencent apps and games will cause your PC to bugcheck bluescreen Microsoft also wants to remind everyone that if you re on an older Insider Preview build it s expired now As of October your PC will begin rebooting every three hours and as of October it won t boot at all It s recommended that you upgrade to a newer build nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-build-14931-for-pcs-now-available-in-the-fast-ring-heres-whats-new.63685/
Relevancy 63.64%

Any new apps with the insider build-slow ring? What the latest build for the slow ring and can you download an iso image? When I tested it before, I always chose the fast ring, now I want to try the slow ring. Mainly to see if the monitor will stop flashing occasionally. Never did flash in windows 7 or any Linux OS.

A:Any new apps with the insider build-slow ring?

The latest Insider Preview iso files available for download are 14295 and 14332.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...reviewadvanced

The current build is 14342. No iso released.

.................................................................................................... ........
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/51025-any-new-apps-insider-build-slow-ring.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Microsoft today released Windows for PCs build to the Fast ring bringing a number of new features The last build was which was made available for PCs and phones but sadly there is no Windows Mobile build today Also the company released PC build to the Slow ring this week making it the first time that those not on the Fast ring could get a Redstone build If you ve been ignoring the repeated warnings that older builds are going to expire your PC should already be rebooting every three hours Beginning on October it will stop booting altogether and it s recommended what's 10 Fast in now here's Windows new for build - PCs the 14942 ring available that you upgrade to a newer build Here s what s new in today s build Hide app list on Start We are releasing a new feature that enables you to collapse the app list in the Start menu This has been a top feedback request from Windows Insiders You can try it out by going to Settings gt Personalization gt Start and turning on Hide app list in Start menu Photos app update With the latest Photos app update on your PC the Photos app on your PC is now more beautiful and easier to navigate Plus the Photos Windows 10 for PCs build 14942 now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new app is now available on your Xbox One Show off a slideshow of all your OneDrive photos in your living room Simply make sure you are signed in with your Microsoft account to see all your OneDrive photos on the big screen Refining Windows 10 for PCs build 14942 now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new your precision touchpad experience Based on the feedback we have received we have made some adjustments to our gesture and click detection on precision touchpads This includes Windows 10 for PCs build 14942 now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new enhancing detection and disambiguation of left and right clicks making two finger taps and clicks a bit easier reducing false positives in our two-finger tap detection and improving our pinch to zoom detection We have also made algorithm changes in an effort to reduce inadvertent zooming when panning If you have a precision touchpad on your device please take the opportunity try out with this build and let us know how it feels with these changes Improving the PC upgrade experience Starting with build we announced that if you uninstall one of the preinstalled apps on Windows that state will now be preserved after upgrade With today s build we re happy to let you know that we ve taken that work a step further after upgrading from if an IT-Pro has de-provisioned an app from your OS image and you haven t reinstalled it yourself that provisioning status will now be preserved after upgrade and the app will not reinstall We appreciate everyone who shared feedback with us about this if you have any other feedback about your upgrade experience please don t hesitate to log it we re listening New Windows Update icon We have introduced a new Windows Update icon to match the rest of the new iconography in Windows After installing this build you will see the new icon when Windows Update notifications appear and via Action Center You can also manage notifications from Windows Update via Settings gt System gt Notifications Service hosts are split into separate processes on PCs with GB of RAM If your PC has GB of memory you may notice an increased number of processes in Task Manager While this change may look concerning at first glance many will be excited to find out the motivation behind this change As the number of preinstalled services grew they began to get grouped into processes known as service hosts svchost exe s with Windows Note that the recommended RAM for PC s for this release was MB while the minimum RAM was MB Because of the dramatic increase in available memory over the years the memory-saving advantage of service hosts has diminished Expanding the Active Hours default range We ve heard the feedback that you like the control Active Hours provides over when you... Read more

A:Windows 10 for PCs build 14942 now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new

Wooooohoooooo !

"Starting with build 14926, we announced that if you uninstall one of the preinstalled apps on Windows, that state will now be preserved after upgrade."

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-for-pcs-build-14942-now-available-in-the-fast-ring-heres-whats-new.64252/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have read on this site about an update available on the slow ring to build but I am not recieving it should I be worried When I run the quot check for updates quot it always tells me Slow build 14366 update ring Im up to date I tried restarting the update service gave the same story I use ESET antivirus Slow ring build update 14366 so I dont update WD I just tried to pause the protection of ESET and update WD thinking that was the problem On the update in settings the download of the WD definitions update just stands at I tried enabling ESET opening WD and updating WD that way it downloads the definitions and then after it has tried to Slow ring build update 14366 install it returns the error that it cannot update I tried it several times same message each time I run the winver command and the build that I have expires on July Is it possible that build hasnt reached South Africa where I live yet

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/54051-slow-ring-build-update-14366-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

If you re a Windows Insider on the Fast ring it s that time again as Microsoft Windows in - and PC here's ring what's for 14946 10 new now the build Fast Mobile available has released Windows build for PC and Mobile This week Windows 10 build 14946 for PC and Mobile now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new s build comes six days after which was a rare Friday release Unlike some of the earlier builds that we ve seen from the Development Branch contains a number of new features It s mostly minor stuff and sadly today s build doesn t contain most of theContinuum features that were announced at Ignite It does however contain the ability to put your phone to sleep and continue to use the feature Here s what s new Customizing your precision touchpad experience PC Last week we announced that we d been working on refining your touchpad experience This week we re taking that one step further When you go into Settings gt Windows 10 build 14946 for PC and Mobile now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new Devices gt Touchpad you will now find a section called Other gestures In this section you now have basic customization options for your three and four finger gestures For taps you can select between Cortana Action Center play pause or middle mouse button and for left right swipes you can select between switching apps or switching virtual desktops Try it out and let us know what you think However we know that some of our Insiders prefer even more control over their experience so for those Insiders and power users we have added a new Advanced Gestures Configuration page The page can be accessed via a link Windows 10 build 14946 for PC and Mobile now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new at the bottom of Touchpad settings page The Advanced Gestures Configuration page has more configuration options including hooking gestures up for next previous song creating deleting virtual desktops or snapping windows In addition to these new options we ve also updated the Touchpad settings to include reference diagrams to remind you of what to expect when you swipe with three or four fingers in a particular direction Known issues to look out for with your touchpad since the last flight we ve fixed the issue resulting in touchpad scrolling being too sensitive in Windows apps appreciate everyone who shared their feedback on the subject There s one other known issue we re looking into right now that click and drag with your precision touchpad might get misrecognized as right-click in this build You ll also notice that there s a custom keyboard shortcut option in settings that hasn t lit up yet but we ll let you know when it does Keep the feedback coming Separate screen time-out settings when using Continuum for Phone Mobile Today we are happy to announce the availability of a top user request for Continuum for Phone With this update you will now be able to turn off whichever screen you are not using with Continuum saving battery and preventing screen burn-in If you are working on a Word document your phone screen will sleep without any impact on your Continuum session If you make a call hang-up or press the phone power button you can keep right on working in Word with Continuum And if you prefer longer or shorter timeout values you can change them independently for the phone and connected screen using the settings found under Settings gt Personalization gt Lock screen Have fun and keep sending us great feedback on Continuum Updated Wi-Fi Settings page PC and Mobile We continue to make Settings more similar across Windows devices We have added a new setting to the Wi-Fi settings page When you go to Settings gt Network amp Internet gt Wi-Fi on your PC then turn Wi-Fi off you can now select a time under Turn Wi-Fi back on to have it turn on automatically after the amount of time you choose It s set to Manually by default in this build We are also continuing to move functionality from the Wi-Fi legacy screen to the new Wi-Fi settings ... Read more

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-build-14946-for-pc-and-mobile-now-available-in-the-fast-ring-heres-whats-new.64446/
Relevancy 62.78%

Windows Insider Program head Dona Sarkar is in New Zealand for Microsoft s Ignite conference but that hasn t stopped and in the PC ring Fast for Mobile 10 what's here's 14955 new now - Windows build available her from releasing this week s Fast ring build Windows build for PC and Mobile is now available As you might have guessed the build is from the Development Branch which is currently codenamed Redstone RS It s a preview of the next feature update to Windows but unfortunately there aren t a lot of cool new features just yet as they haven t been announced yet However Microsoft is holding an event tomorrow Windows 10 build 14955 for PC and Mobile now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new to Windows 10 build 14955 for PC and Mobile now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new show off more of RS so we ll find out more then In the meantime here s what s new in Outlook Mail amp Calendar Update Windows 10 build 14955 for PC and Mobile now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new PC amp Mobile We have updated the Outlook Mail and Calendar apps to x This update introduces a few new things for you to check out You can now open email messages in a new window You can now use Quick Actions directly from new email notifications Get someone s attention with mentions Type the symbol anywhere in the body of your email and start typing to pick the person you want to address Context Awareness in Narrator PC As you navigate around you can be notified about different groups or other areas you move to such as groups in the Office ribbon To configure the amount of context you hear cycle through options with ALT Caps Lock To change whether the context is read before the item with focus or after use CTRL Caps Lock To check the context at any point Press Caps Lock D twice nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-build-14955-for-pc-and-mobile-now-available-in-the-fast-ring-heres-whats-new.64820/
Relevancy 62.78%

Microsoft today released this week s Fast ring build which is Windows for PC and Mobile The build arrives just five days after its predecessor build The build is from the Development Branch as all Fast ring builds tend to be It s a preview for Redstone which is to be the next feature update for Windows adding new features such as major Continuum improvements for Windows Mobile Today s build does contain a few new features Here s what s new Refining the customization experience for precision touchpad PC Since last week build PC ring - Mobile what's for 14951 the available now 10 in Windows new Fast and here's we ve continued working in this space and have another set of improvements headed your way To start with we ve hooked up our keyboard shortcut picker so now if you choose that option on the Advanced gestures page you ll be presented a recorder so you can capture your favorite key combo - perhaps WIN Alt D or WIN F to start with Secondly we ve added a Change audio and Windows 10 build 14951 for PC and Mobile now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new volume option Windows 10 build 14951 for PC and Mobile now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new to the set of basic swipe gestures you can pick from Finally we ve updated the reset button to now has a progress circle and display a check mark when it is finished We ve also heard Windows 10 build 14951 for PC and Mobile now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new your feedback from the last flight and fixed a few issues including that the reset button wasn t clearing the settings listed on the advanced gestures page that the -fingure gesture graphic was visible on devices that only supported -contact points and that some of the advanced gestures options weren t working as expected If you have any more feedback for us please let us know Windows Ink Improvements PC Starting with this build pen dropdowns in Windows Ink Workspace will let you change both color and width without having to open it twice After you make all the adjustments to your favorite pen start drawing right away and we will dismiss the dropdown for you We are also introducing Stencils Windows Ink protractor tool combines functions of both protractor and compass into one now you can draw an arc or a complete circle of an arbitrary size with little effort A familiar two-finger pinch gesture resizes the protractor to the desired size and a degree readout follows your pen mouse or finger as you draw along the side of the protractor displaying arc degrees In this preview build ruler also got a small update its degree readout shows a numerical value of the angle making drawing angles even easier Simplified more familiar camera interface PC amp Mobile The Camera app received a big update this week for Insiders We ve redesigned the Camera interface for ease and accessibility Check out some of our new features Enjoy taking photos videos and panoramas with our higher-contrast capture buttons Set a photo timer right from the camera dashboard with our new toggle control Get to Settings faster Now launch into Settings directly from the camera UI Access your camera roll with one hand from its new spot on the screen Zoom more easily with the new zoom slider Make sure you nailed the shot with a more noticeable capture animation Change between front- and rear-facing cameras with a more prominent button control On PC use the spacebar as a shortcut to take pictures You can now experience the magic of living images on your Surface now enabled on Surface Book Surface Pro Surface Pro and Surface With living images extend your still captures with a snippet of video These are created automatically whenever your shots feature motion just navigate to Settings and turn on Capture living images And this release features a variety of performance improvements to enhance your experience We ve added faster shot-to-shot support improved feedback for saving large videos to SD cards and improved camera startup time among oth... Read more

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-build-14951-for-pc-and-mobile-now-available-in-the-fast-ring-heres-whats-new.64651/
Relevancy 62.78%

Microsoft today released a new Windows Insider Preview to the Fast ring this week s build is and it s available for both PCs and phones It s a preview of the recently announced Creators Update formerly only known by its codename Redstone One might have speculated that there would be no new build this week as Microsoft kicked off its Creators 14965 - new and Windows ring here's now Mobile in for Fast 10 available PC build what's the Update Bug Bash on Monday Windows 10 build 14965 for PC and Mobile now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new It doesn t end until the th and the company said that it would focus on build which was last week s Preview Here s what s new Controlling external monitors from tablets just got easier PC You can now drive content on a second display from your tablet without ever having to attach a mouse The virtual touchpad lets you do more with a tablet and a second screen just connect to Windows 10 build 14965 for PC and Mobile now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new another monitor PC or TV go to Action Center and tap on the Project Quick Action to extend your screen Use it just like you would a physical touchpad to control content on Windows 10 build 14965 for PC and Mobile now available in the Fast ring - here's what's new the connected screen To enable it press and hold on the taskbar and select Show touchpad button A touchpad icon will now appear in the notification area just like Windows Ink Workspace does and tapping on it will bring it up the virtual touchpad You ve seen the work we ve been doing for precision touchpad customization with the last few builds and the virtual touchpad is no exception While the virtual touchpad is open go to Settings gt Devices gt Touchpad and you ll be able to tweak the touchpad settings to your preferences Sticky Notes update PC Windows Insiders in the Fast ring will receive will receive Sticky Notes app update to version today and we re very excited to share what it includes We ve expanded our support for Insights to many more languages and regions with even more to come in further updates stay tuned Specifically with this version We ve added flight detection for Germany Germany in more English locales Canada Great Britain India Arabia Spanish Spain amp Mexico French France Canada Italian Italy Japanese Japan and Portuguese Brazil We ve added email amp URL recognition for every locale except Chinese simplified or traditional Korean or Japanese which we re still working on We ve added phone number recognition to all English German Spanish French and Italian locales We ve added address recognition support for English Great Britain and Spanish United States We ve added time recognition prompting to create a Cortana reminder to English Great Britain English Australia and English India We ve added stock recognition for example MSFT to English Australia English Canada English India German Germany Spanish Spain Spanish Mexico French France French Canada Japanese Japan and Portuguese Brazil If Insights in Sticky Notes isn t turned on automatically for you tap gt Settings gear gt Enable insights Note The language and region used to detect Insights in Sticky Notes is based off of the active keyboard We re currently investigating some issues where Insights may not show up as expected if you switch keyboards while typing in Sticky Notes We ve fixed some issues with Undo and Redo CTRL Z CTRL Y while typing so they ll now do so more reliably We ve improved the performance of text input while typing It s now easier than ever to get the latest Sticky Notes app updates When our next update is available we ll show an in-app prompt so all you have to do is click Update We ve also done a whole lot of UI UX polishing and performance improvements that we hope you enjoy We re been making a bunch of improvements based on your feedback and have more to come so let us know what you d like to see next In recent versions of Sticky Notes we ve added support for many of your ... Read more

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-build-14965-for-pc-and-mobile-now-available-in-the-fast-ring-heres-whats-new.65313/
Relevancy 62.78%

Quote For those of you out there who are among the million Windows Insiders and are participating in the fast ring Microsoft is treating you with a new desktop build Windows build If you haven't got the chance to install it or don't want to install the new build just yet there's a gallery attached below This build comes almost a week after the recent Windows devices event and it has quite a few new things including Tab previews in Microsoft Edge a more intelligent Cortana improved context menus based on user feedback and cosmetic refinements to Windows Explorer The new build brings quite a few bug fixes but there are still some known issues that you should be aware of especially if you're a gamer that uses the Xbox app Windows build also comes with Skype Messaging and Skype Video Preview app integration that was recently spotted in a leaked build There's 10 build 10565 and Windows an Insider Ring slider also a slight change in the Windows Update settings where the scroll box for setting to Fast or Slow ring has been replaced by a long slider that might indicate that there will be additional Insider rings in the future Gallery Windows build and an Insider Ring slider In addition you can refer to Microsoft releases Windows Insider Preview Build Windows content from SuperSite for Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-build-10565-and-an-insider-ring-slider-1053626.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Does anyone have a copy of 'wrpint.dll' (x64 Intel) from the Slow Ring build 14295 that they could attach/link for me please? Even from another build, as long as it is from an Intel x64 machine.

Trying to get SFC/scannow to work so I can update my build.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/51210-wrpint-dll-file-required-slow-ring-build-14295-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Windows Insider Preview Build arrives on the Fast ring quot It s been a while since we ve had any new Windows preview builds thanks to the holiday season but Microsoft has at last pushed out a new build to the Fast ring The software giant plans to make the Fast ring live up to its name this year with an accelerated release Insider Windows on Fast 10 Preview arrives ring the Build 11099 schedule In the future Microsoft s criteria for releasing builds to the Fast ring will be much closer to its criteria for releasing them to its internal rings which means new builds are likely to be buggier and suffer other issues Build which Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 arrives on the Fast ring is available for Insiders to download now should be relatively stable however as Microsoft has had a while to iron out any big problems The new build doesn t contain any exciting new features In fact it mostly makes structural improvements to OneCore the core that Windows shares across devices This will however pave the way to greater changes down the line Explaining the improvements Microsoft s Gabe Aul says The code refactoring and other engineering work we ve been doing to optimize OneCore is nearing the point where we will be Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 arrives on the Fast ring ready for teams to begin checking in new features and improvements It will still be a few builds before any really noticeable changes show up depending on when teams begin lighting up new features in their areas We re excited for Insiders to use this build to validate the work we ve been doing to OneCore so give this build a try and let us know of any issues you run into via the Windows Feedback app This new build fixes a known issue from the last one with the progress dialog when copying or deleting files via File Explorer now showing up as expected Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 arrives on the Fast ring As always with Fast ring builds there are other known issues to be aware of and the details for those now appear in the Insider Hub These are as follows Log on for devices using Citrix XenDesktop may be broken It is recommended that Insiders that use XenDesktop skip this flight by moving to the Slow ring Applications that depend on Adobe Flash may crash upon launch This will affect some version of Skype QQ WeChat etc This does not affect Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer With this build defaults for some applications will be reset Music amp Video will default to Windows Media Player This can be reconfigured opening Cortana or Search and searching for quot Choose default apps by file type quot to open the correct settings page quot Source Windows Insider Preview Build arrives on the Fast ring nbsp

A:Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099 arrives on the Fast ring

About to download Build 11099 but have to wait a few hours I am in the fast ring

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-insider-preview-build-11099-arrives-on-the-fast-ring.55197/
Relevancy 61.49%

I updated a W10 OS and I'm seeing something i've never seen before.
The Notification Area shows left and right arrows to scroll, and a large blank area in the right corner.
This is a W10 Insider Preview fast ring OS, updated to the latest offered.
It's a bare metal install, not a VM, version info is in the screen print.

Has anyone else seen these arrows with the latest Fast Ring OS ?

I like to see all icons in the Notification Area, all the time.
I've checked my settings, and i think they are right for me, and have always worked before this "fast ring version update".

Screen print 1 shows what i see with the latest W10 Fast Ring version.

Screen print 2 shows what i see with the latest W10 RTM version,
this is what i like and has always worked for me in W7, W8.x, and W10 - until my latest fast ring update.

A:Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question

See if Edwin's answer about "Input Indicator" is applicable to your problem................

Notification Area Display Problem

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/42319-notification-area-change-latest-fast-ring-build-question.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Microsoft today released the second Redstone Insider Preview build this time for both PCs and phones That makes it the first Windows Mobile Mobile for Fast releases to PC Windows Microsoft the ring 10 build and 14905 Redstone build The news isn t particularly surprising Yesterday the company released to the Release Preview ring however both the Fast and Slow rings saw nothing new There weren t any new features listed for the PC build but there are a number of fixes improvements and known issues Here are the fixes and improvements We have fixed an issue causing a large blank space to appear between the address bar and web content after the address Microsoft releases Windows 10 build 14905 for PC and Mobile to the Fast ring bar moves back to the top when opening a new tab in Microsoft Edge We have updated Narrator Scan mode for table navigation to now support CTRL ALT HOME to go to the beginning of the table CTRL ALT END to go to the end of the table Microsoft Edge now supports the CTRL O keyboard shortcut for setting focus to the address bar We fixed an issue resulting in Sketchpad and Screen Sketch crashing after trying to change the ink color twice in a row when the ruler was visible Here are the known issues Support for kernel debugging over has been Microsoft releases Windows 10 build 14905 for PC and Mobile to the Fast ring removed but will Microsoft releases Windows 10 build 14905 for PC and Mobile to the Fast ring be available in an upcoming kit release A work-around will be posted to the Debugging Tools for Windows Blog shortly Adobe Acrobat Reader crashes when you try to launch it Cortana s text to speech capabilities is not working in this build For example Cortana won t be able to read text messages out loud for you tell jokes sing or give verbal prompts When clicking on the power button on the Start menu it closes the Start menu without opening the flyout with restart shutdown options appearing As a workaround you can right-click on the Start button or WIN X and choose to shutdown via this menu instead Apps such as Yahoo Mail Trivia Crack Google and the Skype Translator Preview app will crash in this build due to a compatibility issue from a recent platform change The Settings app may crash on certain editions of Windows when navigating to different settings pages due to a missing dll file We are working on getting this fixed soon Microsoft hasn t yet announced any major new features that are available in the Redstone builds so it might be best to skip these early builds After all you re taking on known issues without the new features If you do want build make sure you re on the Fast ring by heading to Settings - gt Update amp security - gt Windows Insider Program and make sure that your PC is set to the Fast ring nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-releases-windows-10-build-14905-for-pc-and-mobile-to-the-fast-ring.62508/
Relevancy 61.49%

I updated a W10 OS and I'm seeing something i've never seen before.
The Notification Area shows left and right arrows to scroll, and a large blank area in the right corner.
This is a W10 Insider Preview fast ring OS, updated to the latest offered.
It's a bare metal install, not a VM, version info is in the screen print.

Has anyone else seen these arrows with the latest Fast Ring OS ?

I like to see all icons in the Notification Area, all the time.
I've checked my settings, and i think they are right for me, and have always worked before this "fast ring version update".

Screen print 1 shows what i see with the latest W10 Fast Ring version.

Screen print 2 shows what i see with the latest W10 RTM version,
this is what i like and has always worked for me in W7, W8.x, and W10 - until my latest fast ring update.

A:Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question

See if Edwin's answer about "Input Indicator" is applicable to your problem................

Notification Area Display Problem

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/42319-notification-area-change-latest-fast-ring-build-question.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Microsoft today released Windows build to the Fast ring for both PC and Mobile The news comes just a day after releasing build for PCs As we get closer to the release build 14372 announces Windows the Microsoft to for ring and PC Mobile Fast 10 of the Anniversary Update next month we can expect builds to become more stable while omitting new features Combined with the fact that we got a new build so recently it s no surprise that there s not much new in today s build Mainly the new build offers a new extension for Microsoft Edge Evernote Web Clipper for Microsoft Edge Clip the web pages you want to keep Save them in Evernote and easily find them on any device Visit our extensions page at the Microsoft Edge Dev website to learn more and try it out for yourself Dona Sarkar also wants to Microsoft announces Windows 10 build 14372 for PC and Mobile to the Fast ring thank everyone for participating in the Bug Bash Insiders completed Quests and filed pieces of feedback If you re on the Fast ring you can get build by checking for updates If not you can sign up for the Fast ring on PCs by going to Windows Update - gt Advanced options turning on Insider builds and when the PC reboots setting it to the Fast ring For Mobile you ll need the Windows Insider app nbsp

A:Microsoft announces Windows 10 build 14372 for PC and Mobile to the Fast ring

Hi,

I found temporary ESD download links for build 14372

Download
DISM++ and ESD Decrypter

Use decrypt-esddecrypt to decrypt ESD to ISO.

Regards,
Kardo

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-announces-windows-10-build-14372-for-pc-and-mobile-to-the-fast-ring.60846/
Relevancy 61.49%

A new Windows 10 Preview build has begun rolling out through Windows Update to all Insider Preview members in the Fast ring. The update to Windows 10, build 10532, includes several new features that Preview members can test ahead of...

Read more

A:Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10532 now available to Fast ring users

From what I've found, Chrome version 45 should have the fix when they release it I'm currently using the -no-sandbox launch options to make the 64 bit chrome work until the bug is fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-insider-preview-build-10532-now-available-to-fast-ring-users.218623/
Relevancy 61.06%

Next week Microsoft out Fast build ring to Windows in 10 and the 14393.5 Anniversary PCs Update rolls phones will begin rolling out the Windows Anniversary Update and it s now putting the finishing touches to the major update before that rollout begins After pushing out build a few days ago as a cumulative update to - the final RTM build although Microsoft doesn t Windows 10 Anniversary Update build 14393.5 rolls out to PCs and phones in the Fast ring use Windows 10 Anniversary Update build 14393.5 rolls out to PCs and phones in the Fast ring that terminology any Windows 10 Anniversary Update build 14393.5 rolls out to PCs and phones in the Fast ring more - it s followed up today with another bug-fixing rollup Dona Sarkar head of the Windows Insider Program announced today that Windows Anniversary Update build is now available for PCs and phones in the Fast ring According to the announcement on the Windows Feedback Hub the new update includes the following fixes We have improved reliability and performance of Microsoft Edge with AdBlock and LastPass extensions enabled These extensions should continue to work after installing other extension updates from the Store We fixed an issue causing battery to drain due to runaway CPU processes while a device is idle We also fixed a battery life issue due to the proximity sensor always running on some devices We fixed an issue causing Store apps to stop launching due to a licensing issue We have fixed an issue that results in Windows Updates being delayed on systems with Connected Standby We fixed an issue where the Korean IME would not have the correct composition on some custom TSF edit controls on PC We fixed an issue where you might not be able to type in text into Search or some Store apps without having to restart the process We have fixed an issue where keyboard input on some Windows tablet devices would not rotate to landscape normally The update is now available via Windows Update identified as KB Direct download links for Cumulative Update KB -bit x - Download -bit x - Download nbsp

A:Windows 10 Anniversary Update build 14393.5 rolls out to PCs and phones in the Fast ring

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-anniversary-update-build-14393-5-rolls-out-to-pcs-and-phones-in-the-fast-ring.61713/
Relevancy 60.2%

Last week Microsoft released Windows Insider Preview build for PCs - but build and rolls ring 10 for out Microsoft Insider in phones 14936 Fast Windows PCs Preview it also announced that it was holding off on a new Mobile build from the Redstone branch as it needed more time to fix two major issues that had popped up Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14936 for PCs and phones in Fast ring in build which was released a week earlier Today Microsoft announced the rollout of Windows Insider Preview build for both PCs and phones so those mobile issues have now been resolved As part of the announcement Microsoft s Dona Sarkar shared a reminder regarding the upcoming expiration of some older Insider Preview builds Since September th PCs running really old Insider Preview builds started to see build expiration notifications once a day Starting on October st these PCs will start rebooting every hours and then on October th these PCs will stop booting all together If your PC is running one of these old Insider Preview builds please make sureyou update to the latest build available via Settings gt Update amp security gt Windows Update Build and newer has an updated expiration date of May st If your PC is running the Windows Anniversary Update Build in the Slow and Release Preview rings today this does not apply to you and you will not be notified of your build expiring The new build is available now to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring - be sure to let us know how you get on with them nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-rolls-out-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14936-for-pcs-and-phones-in-fast-ring.63912/
Relevancy 52.89%

I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on?

A:Stuck on Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002)

Originally Posted by GoghUA I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on? you can use the ISO files to get the newer version Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 14366 ISO files now available for download | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/430128-stuck-insider-build-14342-version-1511-os-build-14342-1002-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

BUG details:

feedback-hub:?contextid=356&feedbackid=32dcba66-bd4f-49f3-92c6-b1e0c1c56197&form=1&src=2

Screens: CLICK

If you have this problem, upvote.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/51861-14352-another-bug-edge.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Is anyone running 14352 on a laptop?

For me it will not resume from sleep. It opens a blue screen with the spinning circle thing and sits there until I hard power off.

The mouse cursor works OK but nothing else.

I was asked in the notification center why I repeatedly powered off the PC which is new (good) thing.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/51987-14352-never-resumes-sleep.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Since 14352 some websites in all browsers (IE, Edge, Firefox) show up in a strange font instead of the usual. If I disable the option "use websites own font-encoding" the font returns to normal - though other sites then appear weirdly.

The included images below show the issue - on the left is how it should appear, on the right is how it is currently appearing with the browser in its normal configuration.

Ideas? Thanks/jim

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/51607-14352-browser-not-using-correct-fonts.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all Stuck build new with problem I Stuck with new build problem am trying to build my st system and seem to have gotten in Stuck with new build problem over my head Here is what I am putting together PCChips P G v Via Socket MicroATX Motherboard Audio AGP x Ethernet LAN USB Serial ATA RAID CNR Intel Celeron D GHz K Cache MHz FSB OEM Socket Processor Masscool W B M G Socket Intel Prescott Aluminum CPU Cooling Fan PNY Verto GeForce FX MB DDR PCI Dual VGA TV Out Video Card Seagate GB MB ATA- Retail Hard Drive Ultra MB PC DDR MHz CL Memory NEC Super-Multi AD- A x DVD R Burn x DVD R Read x DVD RW x DVD-R DL x DVD-RAM x x CD-R RW Black DVD Burner - OEM I had a case and power supply already from a system I had built earlier Anyway I assembled everything and tried to start the system to install Windows XP and couldn t get any power at all After reading through the forums I found that the MoBo was grounding to the case and of the connectors had to have a wire moved because this board only had pins So now I get power to the system but I can t get the system to turn on my monitor or to boot up from the floppy drive or the DVD drive Not sure where to go from here Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I was wondering if someone can walk me through the wiring A tad confusing for me I mean it s not like those - pins things which are impossible to mess up Its those wires that can fit either way I m a bit lost First this is the build What s been done so far Hardware wise everything is in the case Applying the thermal was easy The psu is plug in right video card is set the power supply for the processor is set it s everything else I m trying to go with a dual drive first one being a hdvd and the other a reg dvdrw I have several of the ribbon cables now sure how to connect them I mean it tells you how for one but for two drives The fans I m not sure how to connect same with the HDD What really annoying is the cables from the case they are purple black red not sure which way they go This is way the MSI manual has this is the mobo Now the stuck first Please on build. help. on wiring pc heatsink fan is kind of interesting Where do I plug it in to the motherboard It have three slots routed through a control knob stuck on wiring on first pc build. Please help. I m keeping it on max which part of the mobo should I put the heatsink plug in to thanks nbsp

A:stuck on wiring on first pc build. Please help.

Sounds like the optical drives are IDE, so the one on the end will be master, the one in the middle slave and the other end of the ribbon goes to the mobo.

The case lights/ switches should be labeled with things like HD+, HD- PW-, PW+

It takes a little translating, but HD+ would be the positive lead for the HD activity lights on the case so pins 1 and 3 in figure JFP1. Power switch are pins 6 and 8... just make sure to get the + and - right on each set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-wiring-on-first-pc-build-please-help.929823/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have not been able to get any updated insider builds since 10565.

Keep checking Check For Update but it says "your device is up to date"

Any suggestions?

A:Stuck at 10565 build

Manually update to 10586 by downloading iso from ms, double clicking on it and running setup.exe. Then make sure you rejoin the Insider Program in update menus, and leave pc on for up to 48 hours

Note - do not clean install if you did not install windows 10 upgrading from a valid 7/8 licence, as it will not activate.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/38651-stuck-10565-build.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Title says it all, have not had issues with any previous builds; anyone else run into this or have a fix?

A:Build 10162 download stuck at 0%

Restart the WU service...

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/7760-build-10162-download-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME!

A:Why am i stuck on windows build 10240???

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME! i dont know whats wrong with your system , but i can show you a way to get Anniversary update . Download Media creation tool, make a bootable disc and when you boot from disc it will give to 2 options > upgrade your computer & >fresh install. choose whichever you prefer .
OR you can use the update utility form the microsoft website to force update your system to AU
Media creation tool will get you the latest AU update build i.e. 14393.10 :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434685-why-am-i-stuck-windows-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am on build 14393 and I am trying to update to 14905 or 14915, but when computer restarts after trying to update I get a message that windows is rolling back to previous version (my version 14393), without making the update. I tried through windows update, i tried also downloading the iso and update windows via iso and i tried updating via windows media creation tool. All efforts had the same result, which was rolling back to version 14393. Any thoughts? Must be a minimum hard drive space available? Cause i have 55 to 60 GB free disk space.

A:Stuck on build 14393: cannot update

Is your version 14393 an Insider version?? If not you can not update to 14905 or 14915.These versions are exclusively, for now at least, reserved for the Insider. The standard version (official general release) is 14393.105 .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62473-stuck-build-14393-cannot-update.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey everyone, just got a new computer, downloaded the Netflix app but for some reason it's stuck on the old interface and not the new Windows 10 interface, I can't figure out why?
Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

A:Netflix stuck on Windows 8 build?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hey everyone, just got a new computer, downloaded the Netflix app but for some reason it's stuck on the old interface and not the new Windows 10 interface, I can't figure out why?
Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? you're on windows 10, right?
Use the store app to get the netflix app
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/431229-netflix-stuck-windows-8-build.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm a Insider member since Oct get all the builds till the official launch of Windows last July A few days before the official launch my Windows TP build had a boot problem and gave me a UEFI boot error since the Insider Program was locked and I can't get any Insider Preview build to work I had format my PC and install my Don't stuck 10240 Insider get Builds, build on Windows Pro and follow the upgrade path to Windows Reserve a copy wait for the update and install the Windows Pro and activate with my valid Windows Key no hassles there After success upgrade I went Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240 to Security and Updates gt Windows Update gt Advanced Options and hit the Get Insider builds gt Get Started button restart my PC and check if Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240 Fast Ring was selected and it was Last month it came out Build and later on Build and I didn't receive any of those I tried to force the download by hitting constantly the Check update button on Windows Update but the only thing my Windows Update download is Windows Defender definitions So I tried the following in Advanced Option I hit the Stop receive preview builds restart PC and go there again I hit the button Get Preview Builds restart again and wait a few days no luck Since I don't had any luck there I post some questions in Microsoft Answers and report the problem a few days later receive some answers but none of the those answers worked out and one of them seems to me a bit stupid so the suggestions was - Uninstall any anti-virus don't have any so it really doesn't apply to me - Safe Boot with Network did that produce no effect what so ever - Selective Startup with all services stopped except Microsoft services same as above produced no effect still didn't get any update via Windows Update - Create a new Administrator account and run the Windows Update from the new account although might work I found this solution a bit awkward I mean I have to create a new account with Administrator privileges and then subscribe to Insider Preview Program with that account and then make all the process I did it no effects also bit I thought that was the dumbest solution ever - Drivers update - All my drivers are up to date some from the manufactures others from Microsoft no hardware problems so can't anything about that - Reset IP Address - Did that nothing happened - Windows Update as Trusted Sites - Did that nothing happened - Change DNS to and - Did that nothing happened So in total despair I contact Microsoft Answer Desk by Phone and after a few minutes trying to explain what is my problem I'm a portuguese from Portugal and ours Answer Desk is provided by Brazilians which don't quietly understand us - Brazilian Portuguese is quite different from European Portuguese the woman gave me this solution Re-install my Windows Pro and from there wait that Windows Update give me the Insider Preview update and if Windows Update tries to install regular Windows upgrade she said to stop the upgrade and differ that update and wait for the Insider Update I didn't make this yet because I'm hard to believe that will work I mean in Windows I will get the Windows Insider Preview as an update Last I checked I had to install Windows TP with an ISO and boot from that ISO to get started and the new Insider Preview program state that I only have to set Windows Update to Get the Preview Builds which I did from a Windows activated install which I have By the way my Windows is set to USA as location and has the display language set to US English I had also set a Portuguese keyboard setup set my region to Portugal and Proofing tools are setup to US English and Portuguese Portugal I'm stating this since if my display language is not supported by Insider Preview I don't receive any builds Portuguese currently not supported So please help me understand why I'm not getting the Insider builds and I'm still stuck in build Here is a screenshot of my Settings and my Insider Hu... Read more

A:Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240

Welcome to Ten Forums Ed
When I changed from slow to fast it took 4 days to update for me. Have you waited the four days?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/22803-dont-get-insider-builds-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Although its small and trivial, it bothers me a lot and it ruins the mood any wall paper puts out for me. How do i remove it?
http://i.imgur.com/d6d2kXA.png?1
(its at the bottom right)

A:Windows 8.1 Build XXXX stuck on desktop

That happens when your OS is not activated. You can confirm this by pressing Windows key+S and typing "PC Info". Select it. At the bottom of the information it will tell you something like "Windows is not Activated" or "Windows is Activated"

if it's not activated Microsoft wants you to provide the key to activate your OS.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58560-windows-8-1-build-xxxx-stuck-desktop.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Do someone knows how can I resolve this?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all, I have a dell xps 13 2015 touch screen. It started an insider build update on Windows 10 a week or two back and is still stuck on 80%, howner can i fix this? Please send help.

A:Windows 10 insider build update stuck on 80%

The Insider Previews aren't stable releases they are test builds... you shouldn't use them on a primary machine. If you need to recover files follow this guide:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/data-recovery-using-fedora/ 
You can download Windows 10 and clean install:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ 
If you want to remain on the Insider Preview. Use the Insider Preview .iso:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19995927
Relevancy 48.16%

I downloaded the build 14965. When it download was finoshed then it says that error(in installation) but the downloaded file remains in my mobile in the Temporary File option. What can I do?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445635-build-installation-stuck-downloading-start.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

A:Stuck in login interface after build update

Originally Posted by Francislaw

Hello,

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Hi Francislaw and welcome to the Ten forums!

I found some similar behavior on other forums and it looks like disconnecting USB mouse helps.
So, if you have USB mouse connected, disconnect it and then run diagnostic and updates.

Edit: disconnect anything on USB...

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I've been using seven bit version for quite a while now 7077 Build login stuck @ screen! on my laptop MSI GX PX - amd turion x ati hd MB GB gigs of ram The first installation did the problem mentioned in the title of the topic after i installed Kerio personal firewall - i didn't know what to do so i just reinstalled windows But now it happened again The comp was running for days i turned it off around am then turned it on at am - for the first time i could login and i even see the taskbar and the background but the icons never showed i couldn't click anything on the taskbar either ctrl alt del did nothing so i had to restart it manually The login screen showed up i entered my password but it never made it to the desktop it just got stuck like that the HDD wasn't spinning or anything Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! - restart - in safe mode it boots up normally so i uninstalled a few recently installed Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! programs mkvtoolnix and alike but after restarting it got stuck at Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! the login screen again Now normally i would just reinstall windows but after two months it has too many programs - lot of time to install them again So i thought i'll ask here for help The notebook has XP as it's main OS seven is installed on a virtual harddrive gigs Thank's for any kind of help in advance

A:Build 7077 stuck @ login screen!

Hi there
I can't give you a reason as to the error but this might work.

Try starting Windows in SAFE MODE as you've done but disable Networking and then shutting down. This should clear out any "Stuck" services. Switch off Firewall and uninstall any AV software whilst in SAFE MODE.

Incidentally while you are logged on in save mode see what starts automatically and stop those you don't need -- there are posts around suggesting what you can stop running automatically.

When you try again in "Normal mode" start DISCONNECTED from any network and switch your wireless card off.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7559-build-7077-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 47.3%

A few weeks ago MS Released build As I'm on the fast ring got and installed the build Then it released But installations would always fail It would show me the installation process and then restart as it usually would roll on cannot build update, back stuck 14901: cannot However after logging in I would see that I'm still on build A minute stuck on build 14901: cannot update, cannot roll back later there would be a popup message saying that quot some updates were not installed select this message for more details quot None were given when I did I thought I'd just wait for the next build stuck on build 14901: cannot update, cannot roll back that it was a problem with But now that the next build is out I still keep running into the same problem Unfortunately I cannot uninstall updates update history is empty nor can I roll back to the previous build through advanced startup quot there was a problem rolling back to your previous build try resetting this PC first quot I currently cannot afford to reset this PC is there another way

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/62259-stuck-build-14901-cannot-update-cannot-roll-back.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to get my PC to upgrade to insider build 14332. At the moment I am on build 14316.

I have sometimes seen build 14332 available in Settings/Update, but after trying to get this, the PC is now stuck with 'Preparing to install updates 100%' There is no $windows directory, though this may of got deleted when I cleaned up system files. There is about 6GB of free space on the SSD partition.

What can I do to get the upgrade to run?

A:Build 14332 upgrade stuck 'Preparing to install updates 100%'

I believe you are going to need more room.

Kill the current update attempt, reboot and try it again only skip the Updates part. See if that works.

Filling out your System Specs would be a help.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Also, how big is the SSD?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/49191-build-14332-upgrade-stuck-preparing-install-updates-100-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to get my PC to upgrade to insider build 14332. At the moment I am on build 14316.

I have sometimes seen build 14332 available in Settings/Update, but after trying to get this, the PC is now stuck with 'Preparing to install updates 100%' There is no $windows directory, though this may of got deleted when I cleaned up system files. There is about 6GB of free space on the SSD partition.

What can I do to get the upgrade to run?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49191-build-14332-upgrade-stuck-preparing-install-updates-100-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have a Packard Bell OneTwo S It 10240 10 build Can't Anniversary on install update, stuck Windows came factory installed with W I upgraded to W last year after difficulty - upgrading to W via Windows update would Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 not work kept installing to a certain percentage then would reboot to a blank screen and freeze indefinitely I needed Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 to power off Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 then on restart it would roll back to W This happened repeatedly despite trying all sorts - clean boots uninstalling antivirus and updating drivers etc I finally installed W using Media creation tool Everything ran fine But when the big update came in Novmember that failed to in the same way as above however all other monthly windows updates install fine Windows update never tried to push the Nov update on me again - I'm still on build now I was prompted to install the anniversary update by Windows update last week but that also failed in the same way as above Download ok and begins installing fine then at some point after complete I get the blank screen indefinitely and have to power off then it reverts back to W build Having checked Packard Bell website my model is not supported by Packard Bell for W and they are not providing any drivers for it This may explain the problems Can anyone suggest how to find out what the problem is and if there is a solution I've tried looking in Update history for error codes but there is none it doesn't even show an attempt to install the anniversary update Like i said every other monthly update since last year installs fine its just the big builds that won't Thanks

A:Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240

Hi, simplest answer is avoid windows update and create the appropriate bootable medium or iso and use it as you did before.
As you know plenty of people have this sort of problem.

Note that the upgrade can introduce new issues for some (search the net), and some are delaying because of that. Older machines like yours could well exhibit such problems. So before you make this change, I recommend you create a disk image of your existing setup - a procedure you should do routinely anyway- to give another way of restoring your system.
E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for images.

It's best to have a physical bootable medium as it covers all of:
a. if you need to repeat the installation
b. as a bootable medium for recovery options
c. in case you need to do an in-place upgrade repair install

without taking up disk space.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61022-cant-install-windows-10-anniversary-update-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have Windows 7 on an HP Pavil ion DM4 Intel core i5 laptop. When I'm using Firefox with several tabs open, I usually have Yahoo email client open in the first tab. When I come back to the Yahoo tab, it frequently has changed to a screen that either has a Full-screen to an "update Firefox" or to update Adobe Flash Player. I have not clicked on either because it seems pretty hokey to me, because a genuine update is usually displayed when I reboot the computer. The URL for the Adobe Flash Update screen is

What sort of malware is causing this and how do I get rid of it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621844/browser-changes-screen-to-firefox-update-offer-adobe-update-offer/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'll cut right to the chase; I built my new computer and I'm installing Windows 7 for the first time. Its stuck on "Preparing your computer for first use".

Methods I've tried:
Startup Repair via Disk
Unplugging my disk driver
Resetting BIOS

Specs:
GTX 960
1TB WD HDD
Gigabyte H170M-D3H
16 GB Ram DDR4 Hyperx Fury

This is very frustrating and I really wanna get this up before Spring Break ends ;~;
Thanks in advance!

(P.S - I'm a new scrubbo to these kind of stuffs so sorry for any inconvenience :-( )

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393770-new-custom-build-windows-7-stuck-setup-preparing-you-computer.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey, I cannot update to the latest build of Windows 10. I'm still stuck at build 10240.

Can anyone help me to update without having to reinstall programs, apps etc.?

A:Stuck on build 10240, can't update to 1151 November update.

HAM0511
You do not mention what error you get trying to update. Can you provide your Computer model and  message you get when you try updating to the latest Windows 10 version?
Below is a link that may help you get it installed.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1511
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19679023
Relevancy 42.57%

Version Build is the one I am running I don't know what happened but it is just stuck there at I tried several solutions that I found on this forum and googling around but no success so far The main two that I tried several times were ---- ---- stopping the wuauserv by going into CMD as an administrator and running net stop wuauserv then deleting all the files in C Windows SoftwareDistribution then restarting the service and requesting the update again but still at even after leaving my computer on for a couple of days ----- ------- the second one was using the quot Update troubleshooter quot from windows which is linked both here and in the Microsoft Forums but that didn't do anything I tried to do both by doing slight variations during the process such 14372 update STUCK Build Version 10.0.14372 Windows AT 0% as stopping restarting the bits service after stopping restarting the Windows update STUCK AT 0% Version 10.0.14372 Build 14372 wuauserv first method or restarting the computer before running the commands But no success yet I don't feel reinstalling windows and installing all my programs again since I am crunching hours trying to finish a project and the only reasons why I am desperate to fix this problem is because I am getting a warning saying that my PC will restart every few hours If I don't solve this issue You can see the Windows update STUCK AT 0% Version 10.0.14372 Build 14372 screenshots below first image is the stuck at screenshot - second image is the warning from windows saying that my pc will restart every few hours

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64527-windows-update-stuck-0-version-10-0-14372-build-14372-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Sometimes if I open a search engine Ex:Yahoo, and just sit and stare at the screen. My computer starts typing in the word - RING, RING in the search window? What's that alll About?
Thanks,
Cucui

A:Ring,ring

CuCui

This is what I suggest you do first.

Make sure you have the up-to-date versions of Spybot, Ad-aware and HijackThis. All are free and available bellow.

Download Spybot, install and update. Then download Ad-aware, install, and update.

Spybot:
Go to Start > Programs >Spybot > Search & Destroy and choose Spybot S&D

Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
Click the button to "Search for Updates" and download and install the Updates.
Next click the button "Check for Problems"
When Spybot is complete, it will be showing "RED" (RED) entries "BLACK" entries and "GREEN" (GREEN) entries in the window
Put a check mark beside the RED (RED) entries ONLY.
Choose "Fix Selected Problems" and allow Spybot to fix the RED (RED) entries.

Ad-Aware FULL SCAN:

Install the program and launch it.

First in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

From main window, Click Start then under Select a scan Mode tick Perform full system scan.

Next deselect Search for negligible risk entries.

Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)

Before restart, Empty Recycle Bin.

Restart your computer.

Download HijackThis from link in my signature. Save it to a permanent folder (I create a new folder in C:\ named HJT). Open and hit scan, then save log. Once it is saved it will open in notepad. Select all from the edit button, copy and paste the results here. Don't fix anything with it yet! Someone experienced with the logs will advise you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ring-ring.266543/
Relevancy 41.28%

hi cant find complete drivers I should say i tried but da.(auto wake token-ring isa (IBM ) i think? (ANO 55H6800)I went to driver sites but i see what looks like the driver but im a rookie and afraid to mess up any help would be greatly apprecated

A:ring isa

What is the exact name and model of the hardware? We need this information to find out what drivers you need.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ring-isa-23838.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am wanting to put mobile ring tones onto my phone which are stored on my pc I know i need a Usb lead to my phone but what software do i need to get them onto my phone as the files are midi files. Any help would be great.

Thank you

Steve

Relevancy 40.85%

I recently installed an ASUS Black E-IDE/ATAPI CD-ROM Drive Model CD-S520B/A52/CABBLK. And I cant watch dvds on it much less burn them. So I was hoping for some info. When I try to watch dvds it says that either there are to many colors or the pixels are to high. But It can play videos that I have loaded on there just fine so I checked trouble shooting and It said something about having a decoder. SO Iwas hoping for a location for a Decoder thing and some types about burning dvds so I don't have to use my orignal copy.

A:Decoder...Ring?

You can't watch DVDs on a CDROM drive, much less burn them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/decoder-ring-101073.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I just upgraded my video card to the x850xt PCI-E, and now War of the Ring is acting strangely. When I try and move my mouse, the screen zips by far too fast--making the game pretty much unplayable. I have the game all patched, as well as the video card, but no dice. Is this just because the machine is running too fast for the game, or is there something I'm missing here?

Also, I already slowed the "scroll speed" down as far as it will go to no avail.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/war-of-the-ring-problem.481985/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm looking for some free software that will let me 'cut' the first 20 seconds or so from an mp3, so that I can use it on my phone.

I've already got the software for my phone, and have successfully downloaded tunes to it - but I don't want the whole mp3 - just the first few seconds.

Any help/ideas appreciated.....

A:mp3 to ring tone

MPtrim will do the trick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-to-ring-tone.351531/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm new to this forum. Thanks in advance for any help I can get...

I have a single phone line with distinctive ring service (DR) and want to route all incoming faxes to a computer file, instead of my fax machine, using fax software (e.g. Fax4Outlook). I want to either configure my internal Lucent (now Agere, I think) Winmodem for distinctive ring or purchase a new fax/modem that supports DR.

I discovered that the appropriate inf file for my Lucent modem is mdmdt3.inf but I don't know how to configure it to answer a particular ring pattern (short, short, long). As for a new modem, how can I find out which ones support DR? I've searched the Internet on these two questions but without success.

A:Distinctive Ring

This looked quite informative.
http://www.modemsite.com/56k/dringxp.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/distinctive-ring.779550/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have music on my pc that was originally transferred from music cd's to Creative Media Source Software. I would like to be able to transfer some of the songs to my Motorola Razr cell phone as ring tones. Please let me know if this can be done or do I need additional software.

A:Ring Tones

It looks like your phone will play MP3 ringtones.
Can you link your phone to your PC? u might have a USB lead that came with phone or bluetooth connection?

If u can, then u need to transfer your tune onto your phone, this might be a very big file and u might not have enough room on your phone memory 4 it.

If this is the case u will need to chop the MP3 file down a bit, lets face it, u dont need the whole song as a ring tone.

Try this software, it will allow u to chop the best bit for the ring tone. It will need a bit of playing about with and its only a demo but it will work:

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/AbsolMP3split/

cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ring-tones.437896/
Relevancy 40.85%

Today I woke up, went to my xbox, turned it on, and its normally green lights turned red, but instead of 3 red lights I only have one, what doees this mean. What should I do?
Please help.

Relevancy 40.85%

I ve got all this old token-ring gear that I m thinking to sell off as a package just to get it out of here and then I priced out what use Anyone Token-Ring? still :) all the pieces are still selling for online Anyone here still use t-r In these days of cheap Mb and Gb switched ethernet I know it s pretty much obsolete although when I Anyone still use Token-Ring? :) worked with it it was in a MASSIVE corporate environment Anyone still use Token-Ring? :) and the stuff NEVER choked on traffic like ethernet does even with managed switches What really amazed me was that ISA t-r cards are still going for and up There must be some kind of demand for maintaining existing systems maybe I d be better off selling the individual pieces Anyway see what y all think of this please none of the quot are you nuckin futs quot comments I KNOW how ancient this technology is and I m shocked by what it still commands on eBay X COM C -port active t-r hub sell online for - and up - example http tinyurl com jx y X IBM PCMCIA t-r adapters one new in sealed box three of others with cables sell on eBay at - example http tinyurl com dyep X Lexmark MarkNet XLe t-r dual-parallel quot printerface quot servers sell on eBay for up to - example http tinyurl com z rua X Lexmark MarkNet t-r cards for Optra S printers sell on eBay at - example http tinyurl com ex ok X Madge Blue ISA t-r cards sell on eBay at - example http tinyurl com rotxb X IBM PCI t-r cards sell on eBay at - example http tinyurl com t xk Total quot eBay value quot of over Click to expand nbsp

A:Anyone still use Token-Ring? :)

You might be able to sell your stuff through a GSA reseller. Many government agencies are still using TR. Not only because they're slow to upgrade their equipment, but sometimes the systems are not easily upgraded due to mission criticality, currently operating legacy equipment with limited hardware support, etc, etc. Also TR tends to find it's way in secure environments.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-still-use-token-ring.750133/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or even the right site but here goes anyway. I am looking for a specific ring tone for my cell phone. The one I'm looking for is the war cry from the show "the Good the bad and the ugly". It is part of the famous theme song. You know... the old western movie with Clint Eastwood. If anyone could help me out or guide me in the right direction it would be most appreciated.

thanx

A:ring tone

do you mean this
http://www.thetones360.com/browse/ennio-morricone/the+ecstasy+of+gold/rt261765/

here are the sound track titles
"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" (main title) - (2:38)
"The Sundown" - (1:12)
"The Strong" - (2:20)
"The Desert" - (5:11)
"The Carriage of the Spirits" - (2:06)
"Marcia" - (2:49)
"The Story of a Soldier" - (3:50)
"Marcia Without Hope" - (1:40)
"The Death of a Soldier" - (3:05)
"The Ecstasy of Gold" - (3:22)
"The Trio" (main title) - (5:00)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ring-tone.795250/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Compaq Presario. Some days ago it crashed and I had to restore windows and all the other programs that came with it. However I'm not able to find the "Ring Central Fax" programme anywhere on the Restore CD that does all this for you.
Can anybody help???

Relevancy 40.85%

help!!... all of a sudden my ring central fax won't attach attachments, it just worked the other day... i go through all the motions and nothing happens or it will open the print dialog box and if i click okay and... nothing happens... i can send a cover sheet but no attachments... if i open the document and select file/send to fax it basically does the same things (ie. nothing or printer dialog box followed by no action)... i tried uninstalling my canon printer driver and reinstalling, unfortunately i cannot reinstall my ring central application without completely reformatting the entire hard drive... any help would be greatly appreciated!!... thanks a bunch!

Relevancy 40.85%

Is there any way than I can set up distinctive ring with Win XP using an Agere modem. I understand this can be done by certain commands but not sure. I require the fax/computer to answer on one ring. Thank you

A:Distinctive Ring

Did you see this from Google>> http://www.modemsite.com/56k/dringxp.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/distinctive-ring.425072/
Relevancy 40.42%

So when I found out the new RS2 update released, about a few minutes later I see on my 640 that updates are available for my phone, and come to fund out It's RS2! Anyone else have that crazy thing happen to them?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437880-14915-showing-rp-ring.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

I have a Sony Mavica Digital Camera that uses 8cm mini cd-rw disks. The camera came with an adapter ring to snap on to the mini cd-rw so that it can be read in CD-ROM drives with no inner groove such as mine. I lost the adapter ring and now have no way of reading the disks. There is an USB option but that doesn't work and I don't like to figure that out right now. I just want to know where can I purchase something similar to the adapter ring?

-Thanks,
Dan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mini-cd-rom-adapter-ring.96488/
Relevancy 40.42%

this anniversary update is also available for my lumia1020 production ring or not? if not i need to roll back to windows 8.1

A:1020 production ring

Its not and never will be. Be careful, because if you roll back to 8.1 you will not be able to upgrade again easily.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/433964-1020-production-ring.html
Relevancy 40.42%

when my phone rings it cuts off before I have time to answer. How do I cure this ?

A:How do I get a longer ring time ?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question when my phone rings it cuts off before I have time to answer. How do I cure this ? use a different ring tone that has a longer length
You're sure the person calling doesn't disconnect too early?
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437052-how-do-i-get-longer-ring-time.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I'm trying to get build 14915 I'm on the fast ring on two separate PCs but it says your pc is up to date. I had both on that build and had to rollback to 14905 because while everything worked all text appeared as redacted.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438549-why-i-cant-get-14915-fast-ring.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a silver ring on my screen (screenshot attached) on a dell latitude 2100 (touchscreen version) running Vista Ultimate. It just appeared one day, and appears whenever Vista is loaded. It is in the foreground whenever any programs are loaded, but not when the start menu is in front of it or if a video is playing full screen. Also, the touch screen does not seem to be functioning (but it might have to do with the ring). Any ideas? Thanks!

A:silver ring in Vista

How weird is that...

Can you open the configuration utility for the touchscreen?

Maybe this is needed, read the "fixes and enhancements" section carefully.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=365762

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/silver-ring-in-vista.895373/
Relevancy 40.42%

Ie shows a ring for a while after it has been double clicked but does not launch up, new install and problems i have to use other browsers, anyone know what's going on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/395248-ie-shows-ring-but-does-not-launch.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I upgraded my video card to the Radeon x xt PCI-E and now War of the Ring is acting strangely Upon start-up the sound and background graphics are sped-up and make LoTR: Ring the issue War of even starting the game a chore as it makes navigation difficult What s more when I try and move my LoTR: War of the Ring issue mouse in-game the screen zips by far too fast--making the game pretty much unplayable I have the game all patched as LoTR: War of the Ring issue well as the video card but no dice Is this just because the machine is running too fast for the game or is there something I m missing here I m having the same issue with Empire Earth and Empires Dawn of the Modern World too BTW I love these games and really want to get them to work again Also I already slowed the quot scroll speed quot down as far as it will go to no avail Thanks for any help Windows XP w SP Direct X c nbsp

A:LoTR: War of the Ring issue

you can try refreshing your cards during gameplay and this might help but maybe its the card its self is not really compatible yet or remove some ram before you play just make sure to keep one hand grounded when removing it or you will short the ram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lotr-war-of-the-ring-issue.729596/
Relevancy 40.42%

Help! Just installed Fellowship on XP Pro w/ sp2 and patched it but when starting the game all I get is a black screen. I'm using the latest nvidia reference driver 6693, and have latest drivers for all my hardware including direct x9.0c. When I bring up the Windows Task Manager it says the game is running, and I can close the application with no problems. Think its the new video driver? Here are some of my specs: self built pc with 1.5 gb ddr ram 2700 speed, Athlon xp 3000+ processor, biostar m7ncd ultra with latest drivers, BFG nvidia geforce 6800 ultra w/ 256 mb ram, sb audigy 2 platinum again with latest drivers. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fellowship-of-the-ring-will-not-start.310437/
Relevancy 40.42%

hey guys
I just got windows vista and I'm trying to install war of the rings on the computer, however, during the middle of installation, it says please insert the war of the rings disc...when it's ALREADY in the drive
at first I thought it meant put the play disc in, because the game uses a separate installation disc and play disc, so I tried the other disc and same error comes up

help will be appreciated
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/war-of-the-ring-installation-error.665278/
Relevancy 40.42%

I installed Ring Central Version 4.4 (for fax) on my XP Pro, it installed ok, and runs OK, but there is no "printer" for ring central in the printer section, so how do I send a fax???

When it was installing it says "you have to go to control panel to install ...(I forgot the exact wording), I went to control panel and under printer and faxes, there is the usual MS Fax, but no ring central fax, if this is the place to do it, can somebody show me how to get the fax onto the printer selection box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ring-central-fax-and-windows-xp.80973/
Relevancy 40.42%

Quote Hi everyone We have one more surprise for you this week Build releasing to the Fast ring We re at the point in the development of Windows where ring Fast faster the Welcome to nearly every build is getting out to our internal rings and Welcome to the faster Fast ring passing the criteria for release to Windows Insiders We re focused at this point on bug fixing and final polish so it Welcome to the faster Fast ring s much easier for each build to get all the way through than earlier in the cycle when we re adding big new features So now we find ourselves in a great situation with an abundance of build candidates We re deciding how long to let each build stay with Windows Insiders so you can really exercise them and send feedback on any problems that you re hitting I know many of you have said you d love daily builds but it is actually important sometimes to get a few days on a build so that all of the code that does deferred work like OneDrive sync search indexing background updating etc can run and we can get feedback and error reports Welcome to the faster Fast ring Blogging Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/welcome-to-the-faster-fast-ring-1013746.html
Relevancy 40.42%

In doing a search of this phone Boots on ring site I came across Boots on phone ring info to quot disable anything that is quot Wake on quot In going through the BIOS I didn t find quot Wake on quot but Boots on phone ring did find PM Wake Up Events which I am thinking might be the same thing Being afraid to just start changing things I thought I would ask here first These are my options My current settings are in bold type IRQ - - NMI Default Enabled Enabled When enabled any event occurring at IRQs through excluding IRQ will awaken a system which has been powered down IRQ Break Suspend Default Disabled Disabled This field allows you to enable or disable monitoring of IRQ so that it does not awaken the system from a suspend mode Ring Power Up Control Default Enabled Enabled When set to Enabled the system power will be turned on if there is any modem activity PCIPME Power Up Control Default Disabled Enabled When set to quot Enabled quot the system power will be turned on if there is any PCI card activity from PCI cards that trigger a Boots on phone ring PME event such as LAN or Modem cards To stop it from booting up when the phone rings after having been shut down what can I safely change Don t know what might be important for you to know so here is a little info Motherboard ECS K SEM CPU Type AMD Athlon-PECM MHz Motherboard Chipset SiS S Thanks Peg nbsp

A:Boots on phone ring

G'day Mpeg3, I would be inclined to change the last two to disabled and give it a try.
Cheers, qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boots-on-phone-ring.375988/
Relevancy 40.42%

Now that I am using broadband, I no longer have a dedicated telephone line into the PC. Is there any way I can connect my one telephone line to the PC so that I can receive (and send) faxes but still continue using my telephone?

I send/receive very few faxes so the Ring Central fax program would be activated only when I am sending or expecting to receive a fax.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ring-central-fax-program.235830/
Relevancy 39.99%

Build 10547 - I haven't changed anything I know of, but this is my insider settings:

Where did "Disabled" come from? Well, I know where, but I suppose I want to know why it's changed and want it back to fast ring.

Here's the relevant Registry entry - what should it be changed back to?

A:Ring should be fast - but appears as disabled! - ???

Are you logged in with your Microsoft account or a local account?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/24474-ring-should-fast-but-appears-disabled.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I just installed windows yesterday It feels great -- but there are a few problems I'm having 7 unused Windows pixels a has ring of One of those is this odd little ring of unused pixels surrounding my screen I use a CRT monitor Because of this i can see the area where there are pixels and where there's just quot the darkness of space quot I'm using layman's terms i know but i don't know how else to describe it Between quot the darkness of space quot and my windows desktop there's a darkened ring of about twenty pixels Now i would resize my monitor but two things are preventing me from doing that The general pixels size on my monitor would become larger from moving unused pixels off of the Windows 7 has a ring of unused pixels screen My windows XP Windows 7 has a ring of unused pixels installation uses all the available pixels on my screen and resizing it would probably screw up my windows XP screen Is there a tweak of some sort to get windows to use all the pixels available to it or is this a problem what lies in my graphics card or drivers Intel Pentium ghz Nvidia GT CRT monitor hp Pavilion mx x resolution

A:Windows 7 has a ring of unused pixels

Did you install nVidia's up-to-date graphic drivers? It would be my first bet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11991-windows-7-has-ring-unused-pixels.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have read somewhere that power line adapters are not reliable on separate ring mains (eg separate rings for upstairs and downstairs). Is this true for any or all; are there any that will work properly on separate rings (same consumer unit).
Thank you.

A:Powerline adapters on ring mains

As far as I know they are only limited by the Utilities Company Fuse Box

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/powerline-adapters-ring-mains-4607585/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey guys. I got this game a while ago and it wouldn't work. I fixed it by installing 3D Analyze to run the program. Now that I can play the game, I can't jump up ledges. I can jump from ledge to ledge but when I try to get up a taller one that I have to climb up after hanging there first, it teleports me off. When I get up it immediatly starts me back at the bottom of where I was jumping from. I can't progress in the game if I can't do this, so help is much appreciated.

Relevancy 39.99%

Not sure in which forum that should be posted I got a laptop months ago Acer aspire G Vista Home Premium SP Connected wirelessly to the internet dsl with a modem router LynksisWAG G Everytime I start windows I read this in token disconnected? cable ring the event viewer windows logs system Intel R Wireless WiFi Link The network adapter has detected that the token ring cable is disconnected from the network adapter Please reconnect the cable I have a PB laptop connected wirelessly and sometimes the acer token ring cable disconnected? of my daughter or some old acer laptop of my son the network works fine for all computers each pc can share files with any of the others just wondering about that event I s just a matter of curiosity I googled abit around but it looks like more of a hardware issue so I really don t know what to think Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Laure gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Laure-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain not set invalid Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain not set invalid Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link Physical Address - - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ea a df token ring cable disconnected? e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday April AM Lease Expires Saturday April AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR AR AR PCI-E Ethern et Controller Physical Address -A -D -AC-BA- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B C-D D- CC-BDAC-B A B B br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap domain not set invalid Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:token ring cable disconnected?

Token ring?

In a search, this appears to be either a driver issue or possibly a hardware failure. It's odd that you're getting a good address.

Try this stack repair, can't hurt...
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/token-ring-cable-disconnected.815351/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,

I've only recently bought a computer with Windows 7, so I'm new to it. I installed my Intuos4 graphics tablet on it, and whenever I use the pen (I often use it for navigating my computer as opposed to the mouse) a little handwriting box for writing notes pops up -- I think it's called the Input Panel -- and upon clicking with the pen there's a "click ring." This is incredibly annoying.

How do I turn off ALL tablet PC settings, including the notes/handwriting box, click ring, and everything else so I can use my tablet without hassle?

Thanks!

A:How to turn off tablet PC and click ring?

Welcome to Seven Forums kalter. Sorry, I overlooked your post last night. You can turn off tablet functions by turning the feature off. See Brink's tute below. Scroll down and you will see Tablet PC Components.

Windows Features - Turn On or Off

Let us know if any issues. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/98793-how-turn-off-tablet-pc-click-ring.html