Windows Support Forum

What is this network device?

Q: What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/54017-what-network-device.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: What is this network device?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi

Might be a stoopid question ...

My XBox360 is wired by ethernet into my home network (via Devolo homeplug behind TV).

My music server (Win7 netbook) is not wired, but on the wireless network.

Can I get the XBox to "see" the media folders on the netbook (to play music etc.) using this setup or do I have to have both clients on the same wireless network ?

The Xbox automatically disconnects from the wireless network when ethernet is used.

thanks

A:Can wired network device speak to wireless device ?

Are your wireless and wired networks on the same router? In other words how are they connected to each other?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210486-can-wired-network-device-speak-wireless-device.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I m new to this so bear with me I know there are a lot of forum posts on this on this forum and many others but manager connections network in network 7) available and no No device adapter (windows after hours of trawling through them and getting nowhere I No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) thought I would make a thread with my specific problem and see if anyone No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) can help I got my new graphics card yesterday and after hours of trying to get that to work it s in and working but now I have a red cross where it says my internet is connected and when I click on it it says No Connections are No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) available I have a wired connection and the ethernet cable is in there is no light on my mobo to confirm this When I troubleshoot it says Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter If you have a network adapter you will need to reinstall the driver I have got my MOBO CD and attempted to do that but the gigabyte interface is completely missing and I can t find the network adapter on there I have also tried downloading the new drivers first on my laptop and running them on the PC but that had no success and the second time through my Iphone personal hotspot but with the same results I know the ethernet cable works because I have put it in my laptop I have a Gigabyte H MA-D v Mobo i K GB Ram GTX Running Windows Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I m close to putting my foot through my PC Thanks James nbsp

A:No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connections-available-and-no-network-adapter-in-device-manager-windows-7.1117129/
Relevancy 44.72%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hallo i have a problem with my network card in my laptop. I have acer 7730g. So i connect cable in ethernet card with my router and light blinks fine but no network connection shows in Network Adapters. So here is the pictures in Device Manager:

http://i.imgur.com/GP4VLvl.jpg?1

Probably is Bridge 8280 in PCI ? I dont know . Something must to change but i dont know what.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386081-network-device-pci-not-detect-windows-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi
I have a LAN with two computers with Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, a NAS and a network printer multifunction.
This network is managed by a hardware firewall. The two computers do not have any firewall and antivirus and all network devices have the same workgroup.
On the network window of a computer, all network devices are displayed immediately. While, on the other computer, the computer with Windows 7 immediately appears; however, the other network devices were displayed after a long wait.
Since yesterday, on this computer, only this network devices are no more displayed; while the other computer displays all regularly.
Thanks
Bye

Balubeto

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a538f20-65f3-4051-a431-19fd597f9483/the-network-window-not-does-list-the-network-device?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 43.86%

Good Afternoon I come to you today with an interesting situation My IT services provider contacted me saying that one of the workstations on my network is sending spam out to other client computers The first thing I could think of was a minor attack but the problem got worse I took the liberty of running SPAM out throughout Network network. sending device FRST to give you an idea of whats going Network device sending out SPAM throughout network. on FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by dashburn administrator on TVS-WS- A on - - Running from C Users dashburn AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE C N Loaded Profiles User amp mgoodwinjr amp lmillerjr amp Administrator amp dashburn Available profiles User amp mgoodwinjr amp lmillerjr amp Administrator amp dashburn Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved DigitalPersona Inc C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Security Tools Authentication Bin DpHostW exe DigitalPersona Inc C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Security Tools Authentication Bin DpCardEngine exe C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Client Security Framework Dell SecurityManager Loader exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab NetworkAgent klnagent exe Validity Sensors Inc C Windows System valWBFPolicyService exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows avp exe Dell Inc C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Client Security Framework Dell SecurityManager MgmtServer exe Dell Inc C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Client Security Framework Dell SecurityManager exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab NetworkAgent vapm exe Dell Products LP C Program Files x Dell Digital Delivery DeliveryService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe SoftThinks SAS C Program Files x Dell Backup and Recovery SftService exe DigitalPersona Inc C Program Files x Dell Dell Data Protection Security Tools Authentication Bin DPAgent exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Client Security Framework Dell SecurityManager SystrayApp exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows avp exe DigitalPersona Inc C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Security Tools Authentication Bin DpAgent exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exe Voice Net C Users dashburn AppData Local Apps YZBJ Y C WZ E TNRR X V v sc tion c b e a f d dfb e V ScreenPopDocked exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows splwow exe Coupons com Inc C Program Files x Coupons CouponPrinterService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mstsc exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RtHDVCpl gt C Program Files... Read more

A:Network device sending out SPAM throughout network.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/553175 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553175/network-device-sending-out-spam-throughout-network/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi
I have a LAN with two computers with Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, a NAS and a network printer multifunction.
This network is managed by a hardware firewall. The two computers do not have any firewall and antivirus and all network devices have the same workgroup.
On the network window of a computer, all network devices are displayed immediately. While, on the other computer, the computer with Windows 7 immediately appears; however, the other network devices were displayed after a long wait.
Since yesterday, on this computer, only this network devices are not displayed more; while the other computer displays all regularly.
Thanks
Bye

Balubeto

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a538f20-65f3-4051-a431-19fd597f9483/the-network-windows-not-does-list-the-network-device?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Dell multiplex running Windows Home Premium bit I also have a Toshiba L Satellite Laptop and a Epson WF Multi function Printer behind a DIR- D-Link Router This is the extent of my wireless Devices I just recently added the Wireless Network Adapter to the Dell configured it and placed in it service I am able to connect to the internet from the Dell and Toshiba Here is where it gets a little squirrelly When I map the network from the Dell There is a Huge question Mark ICON and the word Unknown in the leg between the computer and the router and the Laptop and Multifunction printer is shown normally When I map the Network from the Laptop The Laptop and Multifunction is shown normally but the Dell is shown at the bottom lower left corner of the screen and the words above read The following discovered devices cannot be placed on the map This a consistent occurrence I can t connect to the Dell from the Toshiba and I don t know how to correct the problem I can provide screen shots if needed

A:My Network Map is different from device to device

Some services you may try starting to see if it corrects the issue (skip homegroup if you are not using one):
- Computer Browser
- DHCP Client
- DNS Client
- Network Connections
- Network Location Awareness
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Server
- TCP/IP Netbios helper
- Workstation

- Homegroup Listener
- Homegroup Provider
- SSDP Discovery
- UPnP Device Host
- IPSec

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376747-my-network-map-different-device-device.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I re installed windows vista now it says i have no sound device,no network device and cant connect to internet.so how do I get the drivers and install them with no internet connections?. thank you

Relevancy 39.99%

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't this device? network is What belong to anyone here a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address but nothing else useful A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network' Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean Any suggestions on what I was seeing and if it's malicious how to deal with it UPDATE It popped back up again I checked my router's connection list and don't What is this network device? see it there For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming What is this network device? from

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/54017-what-network-device.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi, I'm currently located in a college dorm room. The internet system here registers computers mac addresses to determine if the machine has access or not. I've heard talk that you can set up a network device to split the connection across multiple devices, in my case computer and xbox, so both can be used at the same time. What device would I have to get that allows me to set the mac address and allow me to connect both devices?

Relevancy 39.56%

can someone tell me what might cause this.

Relevancy 39.56%

My DNS does not respond on every device. I have tried using commands like these on my laptop:
netsh int ip reset (This worked but only for a short amount of time)
ipconfig /flush dns

I have also tried disabling my antivirus but that didn't resolve the issue.
I even tried resetting my whole router but that also only worked for about short amount of time.

A:DNS does not respond on every device that is using my network

Can you ping router when this happens?

Try: netsh winsock reset

How are you checking DNS when it fails?
When it happens try in cmd: nslookup
enter a website i.e., www.sevenforums.com
and see if you get an IP address in return
if it fails, enter server 8.8.8.8
enter the same website, see if an IP returns

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373468-dns-does-not-respond-every-device-using-my-network.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Can a NAS act as a backup device for on the fly saves? Like a Mirra server.
I need a network storage device that will keep the files that are saved on the file server and also copy them to the NAS. This is just in case the server goes down the network users can redirect there access from the file server to the NAS.

What ideas do you have?

A:Network storage device

Use NAS entirely and create BCV or snapshot volumes.

Or:

Use NAS/iSCSI head and product like Topio or Replistor to async write data to NAS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-storage-device.547954/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have just bought the 1Tb MYBOOKWORLD from western digital and i am unable to access that device across the wireless network on a pc running Windows XP via my NETGEAR router. When i wire the same pc into the router i am able to see the device. Someone suggested that there was the possibility of certain ports not being forwarded, however i do not know how to check this and then correct it if that is the case. Thanks for any help.

A:Solved: Nas device not seen across network

make and model of the router
how the NAS is connected to router
any other PC on the network - how connected - can they see it ?

When i wire the same pc into the router i am able to see the device.Click to expand...

So it is available on the network - just NOT via your wireless connection - correct

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nas-device-not-seen-across-network.901882/
Relevancy 39.56%

I`ve formatted last time then I couldn`t find Network Adapter

I`ve GA-Extreme motherboard with win 7 64-bit

What do you suggest ?

A:I have lost Network Device

Go to the Gigabyte website and find the LAN driver for your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-lost-network-device.147834/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all,

I have installed Windows 7 RC on 3 computers and setup the network as a home network... skipped creating "homegroup" I have 2 XP systems on same network that I need to access. Anyway, I cant seem to figure out why/what this unkown device in my network map is??? It shows up on all the computers that have the RC installed. I have attached a pic of this....

Any ideas?? and thx for help

A:Uknown device in Network map??

I dunno. Did you install anything that might alter the network stack or something like that...like a 3rd party firewall or similar?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/9028-uknown-device-network-map.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Since i got sky broadband it's always been running super slow, the amount of times i have called them is ridiculous.
So i have just been looking around on the sky address to see if i can fix it and in my Attached devices i have, the pc, an ipod touch and an unknown device. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the slow speeds and maybe it's somehow 'stealing' my broadband.
I've read a previous post of the same type but that wasnt for sky.
i ran the ipconfig/all into CMD so if you think you might be able to help ill show the results.
Thanks, Dan

A:Unknown device in my Network: please help!!

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Are you using encryption on your wireless access point? If not, you should be, preferably WPA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-in-my-network-please-help.975684/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi
I want to use a SERIAL device conected to a computer from others computer on the same network (just like sharing a printer).

How can i assign an ip to a serial port.... or how can i access an especific port on a computer on the network?

Thanks

A:Use a Serial Device From the Network

You could consider an Ethernet to RS-232 adapter. Here are a few examples, there are lost more.

http://www.engineeringtalk.com/news/pdi/pdi100.html

http://www.openxtra.co.uk/product.php/73/18/

http://www.mycableshop.com/sku/NETRS232_2.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-a-serial-device-from-the-network.426949/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello,

I'm trying to install paperport 11 Prof. on my computer. But when I follow the installation wizard
He blocked me off that there is a Proces (with always another Id number ) of X10 Device network services, active and that he should change it for can install Paperport on my PC
Is there somebody who can give me some tips how to succeed to install it?
Thanks

A:X10 Device network services

It sounds like you have something runing in the backround. Make sure all programs are closed and shut down all unnecessary things in the System Tray.
Better yet, try installing in Safemode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/184446/x10-device-network-services/
Relevancy 39.56%

i have windows 7 ultimate, and when i go to the network area to see the other two computers i have at home that are in the same workgroup i see a device in the network infrastructure area that says DGN2000, i have no clue what it is (actually i searched google for DGN2000 and the results said something about a router with builtin dsl modem, but i don't have that, i have a belkin wireless router hooked into my speedstream 4100 for my SBC (now att) internet) so the question is WTF is that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-network-device.918999/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,
Im new to the forums and have a slight issue i need some consulting on.

I created a bootable USB device, that boots to WinPe. I am trying to run ghost on one of our new systems to create a FP image and have run into some issues.

When i boot to winpe CMD ( X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe)
i run the command ipconfig /renew
i get an error that says "The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissable for this operation"

When i boot the computer regularly i can get an ipconfig /all through CMD as well as netowrk and it recognizes our domain.
I have boot w/ PXE enabled
I have network pulling through the connection
I am ssuming this is because i do not have the network drivers added to the boot.wim file on the usb device ???

a little help would be appreciated and thankyou in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bootable-usb-device-network-527907.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello,

I have about 35-40 computers to be networked in my office. All the computers are with an ethernet jack and all the ethernet cables from their respective computers meet in a single room. I need this computers to be networked so that I can effectively share files, printer and internet connection. However I also need mechanisms to restrict access of internet to some computers and the same with files.

I need to know what kind of a network device should be used so that I can use in the way above ? Will a managed switch be sufficient to acompilish the task ? If no, what device is required ?

Thanks for your inputs

A:What kind of network device ?

A managed switch work as long as that switch will allow you to create vlans on your network, segmenting the different user groups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-kind-of-network-device.711956/
Relevancy 39.56%

how to remove wireless device from network
media devices
other devices

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/389213-wireless-device-network.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have recently been playing a game through Hamachi with a friend My networks looked all normal last night then suddenly when I wake up I have a well err odd one connected Now I inform you that there's is only of us in the Hamachi network My computer is 'Derick' my friends is 'Sam' my school laptop is 'PaCyber' now there is another I am certain neither of us have actually connected My wifi does not have a password I have yet to try and add one But hopefully someone can give me some insight on what's actually wrong here Is this a in name network. my coming my up device. Not Odd wired or wireless connection issue - N A Who is your Internet Service Provider ISP - Comcast What type of Broadband connection are you using - Cable What is the exact Make and Model of your Modem Router or Modem Router Combo - Netgear What is the Name of the Anti-Virus Security or Firewall Software installed Odd name coming up in my network. Not my device. from the problematic computer - Avast Anti Virus and Comodo firewall I have included an image below

A:Odd name coming up in my network. Not my device.

I would definitely set up a password on your wi-fi, you are just letting anyone in range connect to your router.

With a name like "IHEARTPORN" I would be shutting down access to everything and starting over.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315042-odd-name-coming-up-my-network-not-my-device.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hi,
I have a duplicated network device in "Win7 / Network".
it's a TV showed 2 times with 2 different "uuid".

how do I remove one of these entries?

i've already tried to "ipconfig /release and /renew but nothing happened.
i've also seen if there was some hidden devices in "device manager".

so i dont know what to do, please help me.
thx

A:duplicated network device

go to Start/Search and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. This will show all of your Network connections. Please attach a screenshot of this window. If there is more then one Network Controller, try right clicking one an Disable it. See if you still have an internet connection, If not Re-enable it again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/duplicated-network-device-974641.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello all.

Hello. I am using a Siemens 6520 router and a DSL connection. The ISP is BigPond in Australia. It was installed 3 months ago by a technician who at the time added 2 computers to the home network.

I have just bought a new laptop and would like to add it to the network.

I have the MAC address of the new laptop and the WEP key and IP address of the wireless connection, but- even after reading the manual- I cannot find how to add a new device. I am logged into the router management interface as admin, but simply cannot find the sectin which will allow me to enter the new laptop's details to grant access.

Could you please help?

Many thanks

Paul

A:Cannot add new device to wireless network

Just turn MAC address filtering off. It adds nothing to security and makes your network harder to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-add-new-device-to-wireless-network.671109/
Relevancy 39.56%

Curious. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the HomeGroup feature in Win 7. When I select the option to view "Network Computers and Devices," I notice an unknown router? How/ why would a router that isn't part of my homegroup be listed as a device on the group?

Please help and advise!

M8

A:Unknown Network Device

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

You did not specify if this computer is a desktop or laptop computer.

If you could also post the make and model number of this computer that would also be helpful.

How are you connecting to the Internet? Are you using an Ethernet cable, or wireless?

If you have a laptop, there is a chance someone connected to the Internet by connecting through a wireless router and those settings were saved to the home group.

Once you post back the information I requested, it will be a little easier to answer your questions.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346570/unknown-network-device/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, I have a difficult situation. My hacker once lived in my home and I think they had something wired to my cables for internet access. They can connect to my network without a password and can even take over my computer if it wasn't for the fact that I have McAfee and lists it as an intruder. The only way I can see the hackers device if I have my computer wired in. But, I think they are using a phony IP and MAC addresses because I've gone onto my wireless router and set access for this MAC address under deny but she continues to have access. Is there something I can do on my computer or wireless router to turn off something to block her. Or, is there a way for me to locate her true MAC address? Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hackers-device-on-my-network.1167741/
Relevancy 39.56%

Okay, this could be software related. Just today my internet stopped working on windows XP. Usually I would cycle my router and it would work again, but this time it didn't. I checked device manager, NO network connection is listed. I right click on my network places, and it's blank. I tried doing a restore store but none of them work for some reason..

Any help is appreciated!
Joey

Relevancy 39.56%

recently reformated my computer ive done it many times before and i dont recall this happening to me last time but my computer failed to recognize my network devide so im stuck with the 1394 connection that isnt allowing me to connect, i was wondering if anyone can help me identify my network driver

Relevancy 39.56%

i ve Msi u270dx. i was using ubuntu but recently installed windows 7. i m nt able to connnet to internet. there is red cross in the network icon. when i try to connect from control panel it says windows cant detect network device. i hv used wifi from this computer previosly. i also checked the device manager. i found yellow markings on the following
ethernet controller
network controller
SM Bus Controller
USB controller

i checked the properties but no info abt the devices. I checked the manufacture's website, they ve got many drivers for different WLAN devices. I dont know what to do ? please help.

A:help no network device detectable

Welcome to Seven Forums.
Go here: MSI Global - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Motherboard, Graphics and more 32 and get the Realtek LAN driver and install it. you will have to find out which WLAN card you system has by looking in Device manger. Connect to the net with Ethernet. Then run Windows Update to see if it will find the WLAN driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336172-help-no-network-device-detectable.html
Relevancy 39.56%

We have a device out on our network that keeps obtaining the same IP address via our firewall s DHCP server I m not really sure how but it s interfering with a printer that has a static IP address that s not even in the DHCP address pool This is wreaking havoc with the availability of the network printer What s really strange network Rogue on device is the mac address that keeps showing up as the problem sometimes appears on more than one IP address being handed out via DHCP I just ran a Lizard Find Mac Address scan and the same MAC address shows twice on two different IP s assigned by DHCP and the vendor is quot Samsung Electronics quot Ltd When I compare this against our firewall DHCP connections all the devices from the Lizard scan that also show from Samsung Rogue device on network Electronics are Droid devices I can t find the IP attached to any of our wireless networks so I m assuming that the phone is possibly acting independently as a hotspot for others I can t believe there isn t a way for network admins to terminate a DHCP lease remotely I have no idea where this device is or how to Rogue device on network get it off my network Any suggestions nbsp

A:Rogue device on network

Does your wireless access point support any kind of filtering to block connections by MAC address? This should work for stopping someone who is unknowingly connecting to your network.

Are you using any kind of encryption protection for your wireless access point(s)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rogue-device-on-network.1091454/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am trying to access my NAS but cannot access it on my user its a new install of windows 10. I created a second user which accessed the NAS with no issues but on my main user, I have tried typing the domain name (\\Paul-NAS\) to access it which did not work and tried the IP address which did not work and it only effects my user on the same machine any help would be much appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/network-device-inaccessible-1156978.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I want a device that i can hook my printer up to that would connect to my network without a computer having to be online. This way i can use the printer on any of my 4 computers when i need too with out the hassle of making sure the computer the printer is hooked up too is on all the time.
Seen any devices like this?

Dennis

A:Printer Network Device?

the cord used for the printer is a firewire into the printer then the other end is a USB.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-network-device.748416/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys Ive always had more wireless device one on run Can't network? than some kind of trouble with my wireless network When my computer ran strictly on my modem alone years ago everything was fine but then the introduction of my linksys router ruined everything The first issue is that I am never at any time able to run more than one device on my Can't run more than one device on wireless network? wireless network I can t run my xbox and computer my Dell desktop is capable of running on a wireless connection or even a laptop People who come to my house cant even connect to my network with their phones Says connected but pages wont load The second issue is that whenever I go on the computer or xbox I HAVE to reset my router and modem by yanking the power and letting it reconnect Everytime And recently my internet has been dropping out of nowhere I am connected but I have no internet access Id really appreciate any kind of help the problems Im having are getting progressively worse My family cant run a computer and a laptop at the same time and it is very frustrating Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I am pretty new to networking, so this is probably a stupid question, but I keep getting this error when I try to access a shared folder from another system.

My network is crazy. Some systems can see some other systems SOMEtimes, but other times they can't, and the systems that CAN see each other don't necessarily see the same other systems. This is driving me mad. I'm so sad!

A:Device does not exist on the network

Uhhhhh....what error are you getting??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-does-not-exist-on-the-network.435466/
Relevancy 39.56%

Computer - Compaq Presario f Built for - Windows Vista Running - Windows The Problem Got my Grand fathers computer as there is a problem with it he just got it second hand started having connection difficulties The wireless device has disappeared and cant be found Read a previous thread saying it could be disabled in the bios it was so I enabled it but it is still not appearing in the devices The following is a copy of cmd Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users George gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name George-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Wireless Network Device Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - B- - -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Wireless Network Device Yes Link-local IPv Address fe aa d e e a d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - B- - -A - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap EA D C -A - DEA-B - E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb c a f fef Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c a f fef Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users George gt nbsp

A:Wireless Network Device

What is listed in Device Manager under Network Adapters? What, if any, warnings or errors are anywhere in Device Manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-device.1026761/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everyone,

I have a problem. One of the computers here at work can't log into the network. When I click O:\ Drive it gives me an error saying "Local device in use". This has happend before in the past. The problem was one of the tech guys hooked up a laptop and put a IP address that someone already using, so they put a different IP Address for the laptop. But the computer still could not get into the network drive. Eventually the problem was resolved but I was not here to see it done.

I already checked the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) properties and everything looks ok.

Does anyone has a resolution for this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-local-device-in-use.504483/
Relevancy 39.56%

This Linksys router (showing as the E1200 next to my D-Link DIR 615) is always showing up in my network. I have no idea who or what this router is doing here. It has been showing up here for several years. I don't think it is hacking into my net. It's MAC address doesn't show up anywhere else. I have many other home nets around my location, only this one strange router shows up here.

A:Alien device in my network

Does your Dell have a Wireless Network adapter built in?

If so, it may be connecting to an unsecured wireless access point in your area.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288492-alien-device-my-network.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I recently had to do a fresh install of my windows xp on a dimension 8250. The last time i did this i had to go download Ethernet drivers and it worked right away . This time I tried to download and install the chip-set and drivers but they are not working. When i go to the device manager the is not even a network category. Last time I at least had yellow ? marks. I have service pack 1 installed but i can't manage to get service pack 2 installed with dial up. I'm considering doing another reformat with hopes that it will fix it. Any ideas would be quite helpful.

Syn

A:device manager not showing network at all

if you go into device manager and view hidden devices - there are no yellow ? listed ?
also no network adapters listed

what happens when you tried to install the drivers ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-not-showing-network-at-all.939571/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, I've found many questions of this sort on this forum but none of them answers my question.. I have recently reinstalled Windows xp and normally lost all the drivers for my NIC card, so i went to the manufacturer's site and downloaded the drivers, but yet there is no Network adapters in my device manager... what should do next? thanks a lot!
p.s. i'm using Silan RTL8139 fast ethernet adapter on winxp.

Relevancy 39.13%

First of all hello people, now to my problem .

On my network i have an unknown device, i am using a thomson speed touch router and he detects it as shown below.

I tried removing it from the admin panel but it keeps comming back. Can someone tell me what that is and should i worry about that, thanks in advance.

Relevancy 39.13%

having just changed my operating system from Win98 to XP, my broadband connection is not available. I can see the icon in network connections but its saying 'unavailable - device missing'. What should I do?
Thanks

Relevancy 39.13%

I have a program that shows all devices on my network but this one has me stumped:

IANNY-PC.MSHOME.NET

I assume it is one of mine b ut just bwondering how it gets there and can I remove it or rename it - just annoying!

Thanks

A:What is this additional device on my wireless network?

Have you got any computers/devices at home that have that name? If you assume it's yours why do you wabt to renove it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-this-additional-device-on-my-wireless-network.1055626/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have recenlty acquired a Ricoh multifunction device (scanner/copier/printer/fax), and it is functioning as the network printer in my Windows 2000 network with a server and four copiers. I would like to use this device as the network scanner. Would you please walk me through setting this device up as the network scanner? There is not much in this specific to the machine (as I understand it) but rather just the general process of setting up a device as a network peripheral device. Thank you. David

Relevancy 39.13%

I'm using my Asus P6T Deluxe v2 motherboard on my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. In device manager for my on-board ethernet controller (Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E) I've unmarked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". But when I restart my computer this option is marked again. Asus driver is installed.

Does anybody know why?

A:Network device configuration disappears

Do you have that option ticked in a seperate Power Plan, so that it's not enabled on boot? I.E. have it marked in the Power Saving plan but not the normal Balanced plan, or the plan for running off battery power if you're in a laptop (which wouldn't be applicable in a desktop but sometimes shows up for the hell of it for some reason).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/26682-network-device-configuration-disappears.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi Windows Bit does not detect ANY network adapters We installed windows in August and it has Manager In Devices W7 No Network Device been fine No Network Devices In Device Manager W7 now for some No Network Devices In Device Manager W7 reason it simply doesn't detect any adapters at all and does not display a Network Adapters heading in No Network Devices In Device Manager W7 the device manager folder tree The hardware in question is an onboard LAN card on a ASUS Sabertooth X motherboard the lan card is listed in the bios as a RTL SCLAN I have checked to be sure that the device is enabled in the BIOS as well as disabling other on board devices in case there was some kind of conflict I also tried installing an add on LAN card and that card is not detected either I have also reset the bios and removed the battery etc I have tried reinstalling the chipset and other drivers and I have uninstalled windows updates that happened near the time the network adapter vanished I used RKILL and ran ComboFix and Malwarebytes to clean up a few minor virus spyware files But that too has not helped This is my first post but I have been a big fan for a long time you guys do great things Please help before I get any more grey hair Thanks

A:No Network Devices In Device Manager W7

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Did you read this ?

Quote:

You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper. Also, due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer.

Did you try to run the add new hardware wizard to see if it detects the card ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-network-devices-in-device-manager-w7-615646.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,

After using system restore my internet connection has a red x. I have seen this before so I went into device manager so see what's up. There is no network adapter listed. I did a scan for hardware changed and nothing. I have an Atheros network driver folder on my desktop so I ran the setup.exe and it appeared to install the driver. After a reboot nothing happens.

The windows 7 troubleshooter tells me, "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."

The LAN connection is on my Asus p5ql-pro motherboard and I have downloaded the most recent driver from the website.

please help.$

A:No network adapter in Device manager

Quote: Originally Posted by TheOnion

Hello,

After using system restore my internet connection has a red x. I have seen this before so I went into device manager so see what's up. There is no network adapter listed. I did a scan for hardware changed and nothing. I have an Atheros network driver folder on my desktop so I ran the setup.exe and it appeared to install the driver. After a reboot nothing happens.

The windows 7 troubleshooter tells me, "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."

The LAN connection is on my Asus p5ql-pro motherboard and I have downloaded the most recent driver from the website.

please help.$

Was the driver you installed a win 7 driver? If not you need to install it in compatibility mode. To do that right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80223-no-network-adapter-device-manager.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Dell XPS M140 laptop with Windows XP and Intel (R) Pro/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection:

My laptop connects at home to my wireless network and has worked in other places where view available wireless networks has popped up with the list. Yesterday, I arrived at my parent's house, wireless network list popped up, choose the one from this house, entered the password. It said password was wrong, then the network list would not come up anymore. It says "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection". The small icon in the toolbar is gone. Under Network Connections, my Intel device says "not connected". How do I connect this? It is enabled, it says this device is working properly, but I went through the troubleshooter anyway to no avail.

A:Wireless network device says not connected

Remove the stored wireless profile for that network and try again. If it still fails, I'm going to guess that they either have MAC filtering enabled or you don't actually have the correct password.

What kind of encryption are they running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-device-says-not-connected.839735/
Relevancy 39.13%

On one of my PCs I Not Solved: Found Device Network am able to access the various drives as either a local device or as a network device For example I can access the hard drive as a local device C or as a network device PM C PM is the computer name Same is true for the second hard drive D or PM D the CD DVD drives the memory card reader But it is not true for my external USB hard drive I can access the external drive as N but I am NOT able to acess it as PM N Windows tells me PM N can not be found even though N is found As best I can tell I have Sharing and Security set properly for all of the drives including N All of the drives are NTFS I m running WinXP Pro SP If I move the external USB drive to another PC I do NOT have the same problem there So I think the problem is specific to how something is set in this one particular PC Solved: Network Device Not Found Any clues Peter nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I just formatted an old computer ghz amd athalon mb ram with in network adapter no device manager a new win xp home oem disk with a key I used from my shot eMachine Everything was going fine it was getting late and I didn t have a chance to look at the client my cousin s internet connection before connecting to the internet I installed quickbooks which no network adapter in device manager shouldn t have anything to do with my problem but i thought I would mention it he hit IE quot this page cannot blah blah blah quot I asked him over the phone to go into no network adapter in device manager device manager and go to network adapters but there isn t one I told him to go to network connections and it only had what is in this picture attached http vbulletin thesite org attachment php attachmentid amp d Can you please help me I need to do tech over the phone His OB on board sound wasn t working we used the driver disk that came with the eMachine and the realtek ac started working There is still no internet I thought that installing drivers for the OB sound card might help the OB network card but the emachine disk isn t the right disk for this old towers motherboard I do not have this towers motherboard disk please don t say this is a problem nbsp

A:no network adapter in device manager

Are there errors in Device Manager?
How is he connecting to the Internet? Dial-up? Broadband?
Did you install the appropriate hardware drivers for whatever device is needed to connect to the Internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-adapter-in-device-manager.631470/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,
Missing network device - EXTERNALDRIVE
Since the last Windows 10 update which I installed on Dec. 9 I am missing one devices in Explorer > Network on one of three network computers.
They are all present on the other two computers. One of these is Windows 10., the other is Vista Premium.
The complete device list under network is Frankspc, Charlottespc, and Sue_ASUS and ExternalDrive.
The missing device on the Explorer list on Frankspc is EXTERNALDRIVE. I can ping it at 192.168.1.3
Any Ideas on how to get it back in the Explorer list?
Thanks
Frank C
HP Envy
Windows 10

A:Explorer missing a network device

I got my Explorer Network access straightened out by following the instructions of KRL here:
Solved *** How I Fixed My Missing Network Homegroup Computers *** - Windows 10 Forums
I don't have 100% success yet because one laptop (Sue_asus) does not show the EXTERNALDRIVE. The other two do show it.
The Explorer display now looks like this:
network2.png

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34077-explorer-missing-network-device.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a Sony Vaio VGN fs 940, windows XP. I know its old, but it has a simple job to do. I use it in my shipping dept. to make my ebay labels. After getting a blue screen I reformatted with discs. I have not been able to wirelessly connect to the internet and find that in the device manager I get a yellow exp. mark no network controller device. I have installed every download available on the sony vaio site for this specific model. Even when I wire direct to a router, many connections are dropped, and I can't get very far. I would really hate to throw this away if there is a fix out there. I really appreciate your time and effort to help me! Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-network-controller-device.204629/
Relevancy 39.13%

As you can see from the screenshot on imgur, a device recently began to appear in my network. I assume the device named Jennings-PC is a wifi enabled device that is being detected by some node om my network. Any one else experiecned similar issues or know how to prevent it from appearing?

My network is secured using WPA2, the device is not associated with the router in any way.

http://i.imgur.com/4Qf1E.jpg

A:Unknow Device Showing on Network

Welcome to SF,

Try to Power Cycle your Devices and see if the mysterious device shows up again.
How to Power Cycle (Reset) Your Modem and Router | eHow.com

If you're certain that the Device doesn't belong to you, you may block the MAC Address from your Router setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/164224-unknow-device-showing-network.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi there I recently contacted the company that makes the Network Attached Storage device Cannot the device computers network NAS my view other or on I have synology DS but they were unable to assist me with my issue as quoted quot I would love to provide help with this issue but our support policy we cannot offer such support since we only support our NAS devices only Your issues falls into category of issues with windows quot So the issue with my network is this nbsp I have a barebones PC Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network running on windows and Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network a Network Attached storage device both of which are Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network connected to one another via ehternet and also to my router directly via ethernet I also have an Asus laptop and a Macbook pro which are all connected via wireless nbsp Before we moved house recently the network was working fine and I was able to view all computers from all computers on the network - This includes being able to view the NAS from my windows computer barebones Now that I moved I am not able to view any computers on the network However just this evening I completed a fix by clicking the box quot Enable NetBIOS Over TCP IP nbsp quot and I nbsp can now view the other computers on the network - but I still can't see my NAS device which is troubling The following items have either been checked or tried gt Network discovery is turned on gt I turned off the firewall and restarted the PC barebones - no fix gt Synology mentioned it may have something to do with DNS - not really sure where to start with those settings gt I am successfully connected to my network and have internet access on all computers gt I can access my NAS via wifi online server but this will not do I need to beable to see it as a networked drive Thanks in advance for your support regarding this matter nbsp Tony

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/579f708f-b0f4-496d-9316-f10ebbf70d03/cannot-view-other-computers-or-my-nas-device-on-the-network?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 39.13%

So i have decided that i would like to have a NAS setup @ home and i was thinking of getting something like this http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_...duct_id=0308997 but i was talking to a co-worker and he mentioned @ home that he uses Free NAS so i wanted you your opinion what would you do?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340878/network-storage-device-vs-free-nas/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,
Sorry I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. I have a windows domain consisting of Windows XP and Windows 7 workstations with a Windows server 2003, 2008 domain controllers. All my users store their documents on a NAS which I will be upgrading shortly. When the users log in they have various scripts that attached network drives, one being the current NAS where their documents are stored. I would like to know what the best way to migrate this data over to the new NAS without having to do much with these scripts? I have an idea in mind but just looking for more input...

Thanks,
Tony

Relevancy 39.13%

When I open device manager, there is no option for network adapters, unless I click on show hidden devices.
My motherboard model is ASUS p7h55-m
I tried instaling drivers for my model of motherboard, but nothing worked.
Whenever I troubleshoot, it says that I need a driver for my network adapter.
I tried instaling Realtek ethernet controller driver. However it says that:"NO NETWORK CONTROLLER WAS FOUND, if deep sleep mode is enabled, please plug the cable".

I need some help! Been trying to fix this for the past 6 hours. This has happened after I formatted my PC! Also, I have no CD with my motherboard .. thanks so much.

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,

I have 2 computers on a workgroup network. I don't use Home network.
This was working right before.
Now, the second computer shows up as a media device on the first computer.
Media Steaming is off.

The network page says computer1
and Media Devices says computer2

I've try to find something out of place with no success.
The second computer has computer1 & 2 under Computer and computer 2 under media device

Joe

A:network changed to media device

well, I learned something, when I a song on media player, the media devices show up in network.

Joe

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34234-network-changed-media-device.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I use a USB Wireless adapter. My internet operated completely normal after setting up a new internet connection. Now, the USB does not operate as it should. In the device manager, under network adaptors, it lists the adapter for the wired connection but does not list any wireless adaptor. The software also appears to be installed as it should for the appropriate wireless adaptor. I have a Dell Computer with Windows XP. Anyone offer any suggestions?????

A:Network Adapters - Device Manager

I'm assuming you installed the drivers from the disc that came with the software?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-adapters-device-manager-349331.html
Relevancy 39.13%

hi Guys I run a home network PC the Windows find network. 7: Device not in will where I have a multimedia player Traxdata MMS connected to the network and hooked to the tv Windows 7: Device will not find PC in the network. so I can for instance watch videos from the PC instraight to the TV All worked well while I was on windows XP but since changed the OS to Windows I m having a hard time finding the PC in the network through the multimedia player s browser The PC finds the player in the network and I m able to browse throught the files the player s HDD However only sometimes very ramdonly will the multimedia player find my pc and even when it does it won t let browse the files it will ask me for username and password even though I have none I have gone through the sharing settings in my pc countless times eall sharing options are enabled the workgroup name in the pc is the same used in the player too Let me know if you guys need anymore information in order to help thanks in advance Rom nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-device-will-not-find-pc-in-the-network.1049355/
Relevancy 39.13%

Whenever I open up Device Manager or Network Connections the screen that pops up is blank. Can anyone help me?

Edit: I included a picture if you want to see it

A:Device manager and network connections gone

For the Device Manager see this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311504

It may also affect Network connections so test that after enabling the plug and play service.

If it doesn't, see the workaround here or be prepared to reinstall:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329441

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-and-network-connections-gone.398054/
Relevancy 39.13%

I had a problem with the computer after a storm it turns to not have internet. After I checked and saw I could'n connect to internet through the modem with a broadband connection. Than checked Device Manager and there was not a network controller and everything was in order no question marks or yellow rectangles. Than tried to re install windows 7. After I tried to install the realtek driver for me LAN it show up the message The RealTek Network Adapter/Controller was not found.
If Deep Sleep Mode enabled Please Plug the Cable. Any Help please. MB MSI ms-7592 ver 5.2.

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi Windows Bit does not detect Manager No Network In Device W7 Devices ANY network adapters We installed windows in August and it has been fine now for some reason it simply doesn t detect any adapters at all and does not display a Network Adapters heading in the device manager folder tree The hardware in question is an onboard LAN card on a ASUS Sabertooth X motherboard the lan card is listed in the bios as a RTL SCLAN I have checked to be sure that the device No Network Devices In Device Manager W7 is enabled in the BIOS as well as disabling other on board devices in case there was some kind of conflict I also tried installing an add on LAN card and that card is not detected either I have also reset the bios and removed the battery etc I have tried reinstalling the chipset and other drivers and I have uninstalled windows updates that happened near the time the network adapter vanished I used RKILL and No Network Devices In Device Manager W7 ran ComboFix and Malwarebytes to clean up a few minor virus spyware files But that too has not helped This is my first post but I have been a big fan for a long time you guys do great things Please help before I get any more grey hair Thanks

A:No Network Devices In Device Manager W7

Hi .

<<...and ran ComboFix...>>

I have no answer, but what exactly happened when you attempted to reinstall the LAN drivers? Error message, please.

FWIW: ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429921/no-network-devices-in-device-manager-w7/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi all,

Does anyone know who I delete network devices from my local network? For some strange reason there is a phone listed even though no mobile phones are connected to it.

Just a little worried.

Thanks a lot!

A:Strange network device found

It's a ghost! Microsoft know about it!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/15241-strange-network-device-found.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey guys I Recently had Windows installed on one of my computers but the computer isn t very good so I downgraded back to windows xp sp My problem is after Windows Xp installs on this computer it doesn t detect my network device HELP! device in manager, network listed No What I No network device listed in manager, HELP! mean by this is there is no network tab or anything listed in the device manager My ethernet is built into my mboard which is an EVGA nf I ve tried No network device listed in manager, HELP! installing all No network device listed in manager, HELP! sorts of drivers and combinations of the such and nothing seems to work The internet worked fine prior to installed xp and has had xp before without this problem Also in the device manager there are x devices that are listed with yellow exclamation marks beside them that I am unsure what they are -PCI device -other pci bridge device -sm bus controller I previously had another computer with this same exact problem that I couldn t fix as well the only way I could fix it was to install windows Please help guys I really need this to work nbsp

A:No network device listed in manager, HELP!

Have you downloaded and installed the Chipset Driverss?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-device-listed-in-manager-help.978547/
Relevancy 39.13%

So I had enabled the Administrator account for a bit, then went back in and Disabled it after I created a second account that had administrator privileges. Now under Network I still see 2 Media servers, listed under media Devices, for this computer.

1. Computer Name: Administrator
2 Computer Name: My E-mail account, the active account I am using

Any idea how to remove the listed Administrator Account since it is not needed, and no longer active?

A:How to Remove Media Device From Network Map

If this was on that computer, go to Device Manager and click on "Show Hidden Devices" in the View pull down. If it does not show in there, would need more information as to what these media devices are, and if they were on the network, or on that computer.

For some reason UPnP & DLNA on the computers remember them. Also the router can be the culprit and still has the IP assigned to the device, so windows still remembers it.

Try a ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns and netsh winsock reset catalog, to see if that clears the ghost devices from the system.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/42847-how-remove-media-device-network-map.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I recently upgraded to the BT Home hub, which after reading several forum posts about it was a bad decision.

I have now installed this and connected my PC (via USB) and XBOX360 (via ethernet) to the Home hub, l and although I have to wait for my line to be optimized, everything seems to be working well.

However, when I check on y network status, using the BT Broadband Desktop help utility, it shows I have an UNKNOWN DEVICE connected to the router along side my PC and XBOX360.

I have tried to obtain assistance from BT themselves but they simply told me to ignore the unknown device, as it will not cause any harm!!!!

Does anyone know how I might find out what this is or remove it from my network?

Thanks.

Relevancy 39.13%

I've installed windows 7 as upgrade to vista home premium in my Toshiba Satellite P205D-7802 laptop. Most everything seems to be running fine. My big problem is my network adapters (for wired and wireless - they are different) don't show up at all in the device manager?

I understand the whole installing a driver with compatibility mode but that seem quite impossible if the system does not even find the devices?

System was bought new 1 year ago with visa home premium and everything was working fine before the install. I have the drivers to install if I need the old vista drivers but it does not good.

I can install the drivers and when it gets done it says they are no good until the device is attached?

Any and all help is appreciated.

A:Network Adapter Not in Device Manager

same problem here! any ideas anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/2334-network-adapter-not-device-manager.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a linksys wrk54g wireless router connected to my cable modem. Off the router runs my desktop, roomates wireless laptop, my wired xbox360 and my roomates wireless ps3.

My problem is that when i play online games on my desktop, i momentarily get disconnected from the internet....for a couple seconds and drop the game I'm in whenever either the xbox or ps3 are turned on. I also get disconnected from other online programs such as aim/xfire but thats not as bad cuz i just log back in right away. It is pretty annoying and i believe it is a problem with my router somehow?

I am semi competent at computers and setup the network myself. Please if any1 has ideas or has heard of this problem before id appreciate it.

A:Network disconnect when I connect w/ a new device. Plz Help

sounds like you have a duplicate IP address on one the the boxes

get a connection and make sure you can browse the Internet using google
and search for anything you like (we'll use this as a test)

Connect a device and make the browser search again (even on the same words).
If you get disconnected, then the last device connected has the conflict.

Go to that device and REMOVE any static IP address and make sure you have
Automatic DHCP for the IP and DNS addresses on that device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-disconnect-when-i-connect-w-a-new-device-plz-help.123941/
Relevancy 39.13%

i just reinstall my computer with operting system cd. but i cannot find network adaptor in device manager.all i see monitors then other devices ,but no network adaptor .can anyone please help me.

A:no adaptor network in device manager

If you have a on board network and have the board cd it should be on the cd [driver]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-adaptor-network-in-device-manager.839698/
Relevancy 38.7%

I am writing on behalf of my brother in law, who is having a problem getting Internet access seemingly out of nowhere.

Have troubleshooted the hell out of it, and even gotten the ISP involved and still nothing.

IP settings are correct, Modem is working properly, and ping tests seem to indicate the NIC is ok but yet no Internet access. Other PC in the house on same drop line has no issues.

Will try hooking it up via USB or seeing if my laptop will connect therefore ruling out external factors, but until then i was curious if anyone had some ideas or thoughts.

I know I am leaving out a lot, but any help is welcomed.

A:Network Connected, Device Working properly, ISP says it's on our end

You could try these:http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htmhttp://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328343/network-connected-device-working-properly-isp-says-its-on-our-end/
Relevancy 38.7%

Recently I moved and now when I try to boot up my Nothing up shows Device or Connections Network Manager in laptop I have the above problem My system was running perfectly when shut down just prior to moving and all I did was disconnect the cable internet and router having set up a wireless LAN over years ago Temporarily at my brother s home while trying to find my own place I fixed a bunch of problems on Nothing shows up in Device Manager or Network Connections his system including DSL issues in advance of setting up a router so I d have internet access w my laptop When I got around to firing up my Sony Vaio and went to Network Connections lo amp behold there was NOTHING in there yet there had been at least - connections that I d dfinitely not deleted There was no Nothing shows up in Device Manager or Network Connections View Available Wireless Networks link either While troubleshooting the issue I went to Device Manager and NOTHING shows Nothing shows up in Device Manager or Network Connections up in there either When I select View resources by Type I get an Error msg stating MMC has detected an Error in a snap-in etc Soon the system started having problems booting but finally would after - attempts then give an Error Msg w these details System Recovered from a serious Error --Error SignatureBCCode e BCP C BCP A D BCP A B CBCP OSVer SP Product Error Report ContentsC DOCUME Michael LOCALS Temp WERd dir Mini - dmpC DOCUME Michael LOCALS Temp WERd dir sysdata xmlThis is very weird in my experience I ve since Googled around and found suggestions like enable PnP was already enabled that it might have to do with Group Policy settings which I surely didn t change or ever even set and things like that Also found some registry edits workarounds and a couple Hotfixes from MS yet don t wish to just experiment with what might work and end up only making the problem worse Saw Hotfix but seems to be more for right after installing SP which I did months ago Arghh OS Name Microsoft Windows XP ProfessionalVersion Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Manufacturer Sony CorporationSystem Model VGN-FS System Type X -based PCProcessor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel MhzBIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD R J SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWSSystem Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United StatesHardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot Total Physical Memory MBAvailable Physical Memory GBTotal Virtual Memory GBAvailable Virtual Memory GBPage File Space GBPage File C pagefile sys I need my computer up and running now as I ve many critical things I need to get done especially after all the down-time spent moving Thanks in advance for suggestions If more info s needed let me know as I m working on this non-stop until rectified and have my brother s PC for net access to check back Thanks

A:Nothing shows up in Device Manager or Network Connections

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDA kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn?t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade). The problem with this info...is that a "driver issue" can be many things, as many applications...hardware...and XP itself...all employ drivers.So does malware.I suggest doing a search of your system for any .dmp files and then following the procedures outlined at Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/ Any other known system anomalies?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257793/nothing-shows-up-in-device-manager-or-network-connections/
Relevancy 38.7%

Loses connection to wireless network sometimes straight after computer is turned on other times after 5min and some times after 1hr.  No other device i have loses connection to wireless network.  Please help.

A:loses connection to wireless network other device i have do ...

Hello @fairgame, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I understand that you are having an issue with the WiFi, and wanted to assist you! First, try reviewing the following steps, offered by community member @Great-Deku-Tree: First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet A second option, is to try these steps:Powercycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/loses-connection-to-wireless-network-other-device-i-have-do/td-p/5634018
Relevancy 38.7%

i have use windoqw 7 bout 3 month, and now my desktop got a problem..i cant see my network adapter on my devicxe manager,so now i cant access internet.i already install the right driver for my network adAPter,but still my window 7 say that i not install my network adapter driver when i go to network troubleshoot..then i format my desktop n still my desktop cant find my network adaptewr on device manager..why?3 month ago i install my window 7 in that desktop,i quickly can access internet without i need to install any network adapter driver..mayb because window 7 already provide the default network driver on its setup ..but why when i format my pc n install again my window 7,i still got this prob?can anyone help me to solve this prob?

A:network adapter missing on device manager

What driver have you attempted to install? Try this one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/60171-network-adapter-missing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 38.7%

When going through device manager, there is no Network Adapters section. All network cards show up as unknown devices even though I've installed the drivers for them. In Control Panel -> Network Connections, there is no Local Area Connection. I've tried a new network card and that didn't fix anything either.

ipconfig / all gives me:

Windows IP COnfiguration. That's all. Nothing else shows up.

I'm so lost.

Relevancy 38.7%

my wireless connection stopped working.  i updated the wireless driver.  Still nothing.  i uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.  now the pc is not even detecting the network device.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-m7-is-not-detecting-wireless-network-device/td-p/5670004
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

Just now I got a notice of a new unknown device connecting to my network. I have not seen the device name before, and have no idea what is going on. When I try to look up this device, it says Windows can't access name. When I try to find more details, it says "The network path was not found." It's currently 6am in the US so I doubt someone has gained access to my network unless they're morning intruders.

I don't really understand what is going on. I've never seen this notice before.

Edit: Upon viewing my network again, this device no longer shows.

A:New/unknown device connected to network - cannot access

You should be able to see it on the router and see if it's connected via wireless or cable note your normal Mac address now so you can identify it.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/124107-new-unknown-device-connected-network-cannot-access.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I am trying to help a friend add wireless to his business Currently he has an -port non wireless router of those ports are taken up and one port is free Iwas going to run a ethernet cable to a tp-link tp-WR N wireless router that I have The Linksys gives out an ip range from - So I have given the network wireless adding existing device a to an Help tp-link and IP address of and I have turned off DHCP on the tp-link I was unable to connect anything wireless From talking to friends and doing a little bit of reading it sounds like the tp-link wont work in this situation I am thinking about buying an wireless access Help adding a wireless device to an existing network point to do the job Does this sound like the right thing for me to do Here is an access point that I was looking at http www amazon com Cisco-Linksys- amp sr - Do you think this will be ok for what I need Any advise or help you could provide would be greatly appriciated Thanks Senna nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Hello so i use Airplay with iTunes and i was wondering if i can limit access to my AirPlay device so that others under the same wi-fi network that use iTunes can't see or access/stream to my device.

The airplay enabled device i use with iTunes is the Marantz M-CR603 audio system.

Thanks.

A:Is it possible to limit device access when using AirPlay under the same network?

Hi Star_Light,

From what I can find about upgrading the Marantz M-CR603 to support AirPlay, I do not see anything about an ability to restrict who on the network can communicate with the Marantz M-CR603. The concept of AirPlay is that you can take any device and direct audio and/or video to the AirPlay enabled device. I doubt the Marantz M-CR603 supports restricting what devices can use the AirPlay capability it offers.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/marantz-apple-airplay-upgrade-feature-review.74547/

https://www.avforums.com/threads/marantz-mcr603-enable-airplay.1809894/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600260/is-it-possible-to-limit-device-access-when-using-airplay-under-the-same-network/
Relevancy 38.7%

my power flickered off and on really quick and when my pc came back up, the internet would not work. after investigating i found out that the network adapter is missing from the device manager. i have tried to re-download drivers for my network adapter/mobo and this has not solved my problem. i have also set my pc back to a date in the past and it didnt work either. i do not know what else it could be other than my on board network card is faulty. ty.

A:network adapter missing from device manager

It sounds like the power problem tweaked your board a bit.

Have you tried clearing the cmos on the board?

Make sure you write down all the important bios settings before you clear the cmos and put them back to how it was before. If you built your own machine this should be fairly easy for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221618-network-adapter-missing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I have a laptop Asus G with Intel Advanced N Wireless Card This laptop has been working fine all this while but off late i started getting a weird issue This laptop started dropping wifi connections atleast once a week All my other devices Phone and Nexus are able to connect fine I did a factory reset and installed the latest drivers but it still didnot solve the problem Tried resetting the in device Home one connect to the able Network Internet Only the not to Wifi Adapter multiple times but it didnot help When nothing worked I just reset my wireless router ActionTec from Verizon and now I was able to connect successfully Everything worked fine for a week and then I got this problem again I reset my wireless router and it started working fine again What I dont understand is why is it only my laptop Only one device in the Home Network not able to connect to the Internet that is facing the problem Why dont other devices in the Only one device in the Home Network not able to connect to the Internet network tablets phones other laptops get the same issue Please help me out I have Windows bit OS Thanks Nishant nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi And thank you for any help in advance I have an old laptop I mainly use for photoshop ebay selling my homemade items sorry irrelevant Anyway as of yesterday not But.. Network Adaptors Device Manager.. Vista in I have no way of it connecting to the internet wont connect via wireless so just figured I would use a cable and yet it still wont connect Tells me im not connected You are currently not connected to any network It don't even give me any networks to connect too Diagnose and repair says - Windows has confirmed that this computer is currently experiencing a network connectivity problem no sh Sherlock lol Manage network connections shows nothing and so Vista Network Adaptors not in Device Manager.. But.. on So I go to device manager as many posts ive read told me to and see I have no option of network adaptor Vista Network Adaptors not in Device Manager.. But.. there But I have at the bottom a new one called unknown with a long list of items with yellow explanation marks as follows Atheros AR EG Wireless Network adaptor Bluetooth Device personal Area Network Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Protocol TDI this one has a question mark instead Then I have x isatap C D - - -BAA -F BD BBC A Then x isatap int core-engineering de Then Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor Microsoft ISATAP Adaptor Realtek RTL Vista Network Adaptors not in Device Manager.. But.. E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface WAN Miniport IP WAN Miniport IPv WAN Miniport Network Monitor WAN Miniport PPPOE WAN Miniport PPTP I don't know what to tell you about my system I am rather pc stupid but ill try Vista home basic Dell Vostro A intel core duo CPU Gb -Bit OS Not sure what else you need to know or where ill find it Please help me in very simple terms or am I doomed Now remember I cannot connect to the internet but do have another pc im using currently if that helps Tried a system restore as far back as it allows in safe mode too and it fails to complete all the time Really hoping to avoid a factory restore if possible as I will lose much work for my home business and cannot currently find my photoshop disc Thank in advance Please help

A:Vista Network Adaptors not in Device Manager.. But..

Maybe take your laptop to a public library, Starbucks coffee shop, and try to connect there. If you can connect to the Internet try downloading, installing, and running a free driver program such as "Driver Booster" or something similar. See if you can update all those likely outdated drivers with yellow exclamation marks. See if it helps?

Vista 32

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/302997-vista-network-adaptors-not-device-manager-but.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have installed AWUS036H device and it was installed just fine. But it doesn't detect any network.
As you may see on image below I have my internal adapter and it has that red cross but AWUS036H doesn't have it and it is not working.

I'm usng Win7 64bit, Zone alarm and AVAST. Tried to disable it both it doesn't work. Downloaded latest driver from their website. It was happening to me before and I have to reinstall my windows, but I wouldn't like to do it again

When I do ipconfig/all it doesn't detect it at all

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all,I have a problem with my network adapter. It basically doesn't start. Troubleshooting doesn't work, updating driver doesn't work. With troubleshooting it says that I need the new windows 10 update (there is only 1 available for what I can see), but I don't have the internet to update. Uninstalling and reinstalling and disabling and enabling doesn't work as well. It worked in the past, but sunday after a very fast windows 10 update it doesn't work at all.Thanks in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Network-adapter-This-device-cannot-start-code-10/td-p/5828254
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen A friend Network Installs as Unknown Device Adapter from work brought his computer to my attention because in the past I ve been able to help a few other coworkers However this gentleman is running WIndows XP Media Center edition His Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device label states that there is an internal card of WM abg This computer is a Gateway I Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device know I know mx Here s what I ve been able to find so far The network card worked at some point Whether he messed with the settings and screwed something up or whatever that has changed I checked the device manager and found that both the ethernet port and the wireless were installed to unknown devices I surfed over to driver support on gateway for his model of computer I tried to update the drivers with no success I then uninstalled the original drivers restarted the computer and found that windows would try to install the driver on its own unsuccessfully every time I knew at that point windows had to be finding its own drivers somewhere on the computer and if they weren t working I needed to stop this behavior I cleared the temp files cleared the obvious cabs from previous misintallations and then manually deleted the drivers related to the network card and restarted At that point I was able to install the gateway drivers however the same behavior occurs where the network card continues to fall into unknown drivers Now I figured this morning maybe some of the unknown drivers that aren t network-related need to be installed properly in order for the network card to be functional I m losing ideas and I d hate to waste a weekend going through needless steps I ve read up on this issue and it appears that this card does have some issues installing For the records as well I Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device have installed using the intel drivers from the intel website and that has not worked either Any ideas I ve thought about updating his service pack to three reinstalling windows etc but there s no reason this network card should not be working if it was part of the original installation on the laptop Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated I ve attached a screenshot of what I see in the device manager as well nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-installs-as-unknown-device.729826/
Relevancy 38.7%

My laptop is hooked up to our office lan wirelessly. I want to connect an ethernet device (not wireless but IP addressing fully configurable) to my laptop so that i can then see the device elsewhere in my office. Is this possible? I have been playing with IP addresses with no luck so far.

Relevancy 38.7%

Hey, guys. This is my first time posting on this website. I really need help. I have a Dell XPS m1210. My friend just reinstalled my Laptop because a virus messed it up and now I cant go online. I tried installing all the drivers from the Dell's website but I still cant view the network adapter under device manager. I saw many posts about this problem on this website but I still can't fix the problem. When i clicked on the device manager, there is no network adapter section. It seems to disappear. I don't know what to do especially since I'm a computer illiterate. Please help you guys and thanks in advance

A:Solved: No Network Adapter under Device Manager

This sounds unlikely but I can only suggest that the adapter must be missing in BIOS. Restart and tap Delete or Function 2 key to go into BIOS or Setup menus, seek out the network adapter and enable it. Save the changes and you should see the adapter in Device Manager and the driver at Dell's site. If you key in the Service Tag reference, you'll get the drivers for the precise equipment they installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-network-adapter-under-device-manager.970550/
Relevancy 38.7%

One of our Surface Pros with Win 10 locked up at the "Surface" boot screen and -- after a forced restart -- had lost all networking functionality. Normally, I'd head to the Device Manager, delete the corrupted drivers and restart, however, the Network category seems to have been wiped out entirely.

Not sure how to restore connectivity, now...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-category-missing-from-device-manager.1164884/