Windows Support Forum

Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters)

Q: Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters)

I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows rig Every few hours my Wifi simply stops working the connection is lost Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so Most of the time I would need to manually disable enable the wifi adapter in my Network Settings to get it back up again It happened with a relatively expensive adapter that I bought not to long ago - Netgear A USB dual-band wifi adapter I found 2 hours (tested adapters) loses connection wifi on every Wifi diff few a thread about this issue here I've not been able to resolve it with any of the tips provided including downloading a generic rd party Mediatek driver I've used this same adapter without Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) this problem on my older Win machine I thought maybe this adapter quot went bad quot So I tried to replace this adapter with an older Wifi adapter made by Rosewill using older Rosewill drivers The same issue occurs Again this Rosewill adapter worked perfectly in my Win system So I have a hunch the problem is Windows itself Does it not place nicely with existing or older wifi adapters on the market Would I need to buy a new adapter specifically certified for Windows Anyone have any insights on this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53944-wifi-loses-connection-every-few-hours-tested-2-diff-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 100.19%

I need help When I'm not using my wired internet connection I usually use Wifi connection help! - loses whatever unprotected wifi connections are available nearby Trouble is my computer sometimes loses connection Wifi loses connection - help! and I can't connect to any other wifi networks because it says it can't detect any I have to restart my computer and connect again and this works fine until the connection inevitably drops I've tried switching the wifi switch on and off repeatedly and it still doesn't work Any help would be appreciated and if whoever answers this needs more info about my computer then I can provide Thanks in advance EDIT I went into Device Manager to see if there were any problems there and in the TO adapter properties I got this message This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available So I clicked on it but nothing seems to be happening Will look around to see if I can get any answers from elsewhere but again all help is appreciated

A:Wifi loses connection - help!

Hi Nikkerloo,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

First, just because a nearby wireless connection is unprotected doesn't mean it is legal to use it. They typically belong to neighbors or other people or companies (who haven't the skill or knowledge or gotten help protecting the router) and when you use them you are using their paid-for access which not only slows down their connection, but may cost them money as they may be on a limited plan and thus would be paying also for your usage of their connection. Not only is this illegal, but it is unethical and immoral as well. Plus such signals are almost always weak (and the owners may turn them off), so getting disconnected is not all that unexpected even if everything were working properly - which the error suggests may not be the case here though it may be a factor. This does not apply to places like Starbucks and computer kiosks and such where wifi is provided and some may or may not be protected, but they have a specific connection (you can't just use any others that may show up) and it isn't "any nearby unprotected wifi connection" and, as a general rule, the signal is quite strong when you are in a location where connecting to that network is appropriate.

If you decide to setup and use your own wireless network (or need help connecting in places like Starbucks if that is something you need and are unable to do), I will be more than happy to assist you with this problem; however, I cannot in good conscience assist you in piggybacking off any unprotected wireless signals belonging to other people or companies. It is a violation of my principles and I believe it may also be in violation of this Forum's Code of Conduct.

Let me know if you get your own wireless router (including the manufacturer, make, and model). I will then also need the make and precise model of your Packard Bell (and the manufacturer, make, and model of the wireless adapter). Checking and updating the drivers (from the manufacturer's website) will probably be the first step. Next, we will gather information about the connection and see if we can resolve or identify the problem by you following the instructions in: Network Posting Tips. Then, assuming that doesn't work, we will work on getting it setup and resolving the problem by digging deeper into the situation (unless setting up your own wireless router or updating the drivers or following those procedures resolves the problem with nothing further required) - even if we have to start from scratch. I've now assisted more than I probably should have done, but that's as far as I will go given my understanding of the situation.

Good luck and best wishes!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287109-wifi-loses-connection-help.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I have a compaw CQ that is using the operating system windows x The problem occurred today when logging onto windows Windows tells me that the connection i have to the router is limited Other devices i have in the & Lan Wifi a connection adapters recognizing not house are capable of connecting to the wifi router When deleting the connection and trying to reconnect to the router it brings up the message that it is taking longer than expected to establish a connection and then eventually Lan & Wifi adapters not recognizing a connection brings up the message quot limited connetion quot When Lan & Wifi adapters not recognizing a connection trying to connect the laptop to the router via cable it doesn t even recognise that it is connected and does not establish a connection When using the windows connection troubleshoot it detects a driver problem with both the wifi adapter and the Lan adapater Therefore i uninstalled and reinstalled both devices but still suffered the same problem ----------------- When clicking the connection i am attempting to connect to right click status details everything is in blank it gives no information regarding to the connection Anybody have any ideas what i can do to try to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 98.04%

Hi, My laptop losses it's WiFi connection immediately after startup, I have to restart to regain a connection and keep it. This happens every time I turn it on and no matter where I am. I'm running windows 10 now but this has been happening since upgrading
from win7 to win8. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c1c99ac7-4d4f-47f9-b574-16c15195a106/laptop-loses-wifi-connection-upon-startup?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi folks,

I have my internet dongle plugged into my laptop(ASUS) and everything is fine lan 4 is showing on the adaptors.
Here is my problem when I unplug the dongle lan 4 disappears and my connection is lost.
the WIFI light is off, when I press the Fn + F2( which is my WIFI) nothing happens the light doesn't go on.
I`ve tried using the Fn key to turn sound up/down that's fine.
Any help is greatful

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Relevancy 95.89%

This is my setup I have a internet gateway modem router combo Super G in the living room I am using U-verse I have desktop that has a USB wireless n adapter in my room Windows Pro bit Norton internet security Here When turn its my my connection. computer android phone, on I on loses wifi is my issue When my android phone connects to the router by turning on wifi mode my computer loses its connection but the phone connects and works fine This only happens when I turn wifi on near the computer or turn wifi on and enter When I turn on wifi on my android phone, my computer loses its connection. in my room When the devices are somewhat far apart the computer doesn t lose its connection For example turing wifi on in the living room and stay there my computer stay connected And it happens only when I use a USB wireless n adapter A USB wireless g adapter doesn t show this problem By the way my android phone is wifi b g n compatible To test I turned my laptop on which is wifi b g n compatible next to my desktop computer and both worked fine However when I turn wifi on on my phone my desktop loses it connection but my laptop stay connected I ve check the ip on all the devices and the devices show different ip addresses so the router assigned or recognized the devices correctly I would assume So what seems be the problem Does anyone know Thanks nbsp

A:When I turn on wifi on my android phone, my computer loses its connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-turn-on-wifi-on-my-android-phone-my-computer-loses-its-connection.1063756/
Relevancy 84.71%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 83.85%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best [email protected] THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK [email protected]@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER [email protected] A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED [email protected]:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected]@[email protected] 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a cable modem and a netgear router For some odd reason eventually the internet on my computer and the other computer stops working But going online on my xbox works To Of Couple Connection Router Hours After Loses A fix this I ve been shutting down my computer starting it up popping in my router cd going to auto settings which detects a connection then I click apply boom I got my internet for about - hours before it up and stops working again Things i ve noticed are it wont work if I go into the cd without restarting the computer and the fact that Router Loses Connection After A Couple Of Hours restarting my computer alone doesnt Router Loses Connection After A Couple Of Hours fix the problem each time I have to go into the cd Also if I restart my computer while the internet is still working I have to pop the cd in Well I dont pop the cd in cause naturally under these circumstances I keep it in there always So uh what the hell is goin on here lol nbsp

A:Router Loses Connection After A Couple Of Hours

The first thing I would do is check for a firmware update for the Router.

Check the manufacturers site to see if there is a newer version, they will also give you instructions on how to do the update I would imagine!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-loses-connection-after-a-couple-of-hours.360931/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi I have a new Aspire ES ES - -P C with Windows I can connect to my wifi-router 13 - connection Wifi unstable / Wifi Es ran... Aspire and access the internet but the connection randomly drops after a couple of minutes I can Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran... reconnect sometimes after running the windows troubleshooter The wifi-chip is a broadcom BCM It seems that there's an issue with the driver and or Windows Wifi works perfectly on Ubuntu-Linux booted from USB nbsp Here's what I've already tried - reboot of router- turn off all the energy-saving stuff in the device-manager- uninstall old drivers- install new drivers from the Acer site- install all windows updates- install driver in compatibility-mode windows - reset windows delete everything and reinstall windows from recovery nbsp The question really is if this is a known problem with the driver or the OS If so then I could install Windows But I'm very close to sending the laptop back because I really don't want to waste my time nbsp fixing a newly bought preconfigured laptop nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran...

I had similar problem with ES15.  It started by dropping wifi after about one hour of use, then got worse...Also was plagued with the infamous "red x" over the network icon down in tray at bottom. After slight improvement when I updated the firmware (it was out of date), problem degraded to point that I could not connect at all, even with re-booting. Finally, even no internet with ethernet!   Problem finally solved by doing the following: press "control/alt/delete" all at once, select "Task Manager",click "Services Tab" at top, click "status" tab on line just below the tabs: this will re-sort the services alphabetically together according to their status's (ie running, stopped)...click again on status until all the services in the top  of the list you are seeing all say "stopped". Carefully begin going down the list top to end of services that are stopped, any stopped service that contains a reference to network, connection, connectivity, discovery,x-box,wireless, LAN, WAN, homegroup,:click on it (memorize the service name), right click on it: select "open services" find that service in the alphabetical list,(notice the descriptions here are very detailed now) RIGHT CLICK IT, select "Properties" select "Start", If startup type is not "Automatic", select "Automatic", click apply. Go back to the previous services page, continue down the list from previous service (that you just changed) and find the next one, repeat above steps. It may be faster to make a handwrite a list of all the stopped services as described above, then open the more in depth services page where you can then make the services automatic and start them one after the other. I did this to about 20 services, then rebooted and have never had a problem connecting with wifi or ehternet again! (and never getting the red x anymore either).  This method was used well after live tech support chat with Acer tech support. I wish I could offer a specific service that actually was the culprit, but I was so frustrated by the time I finally tried this, I had lost the patience to deal with documenting the changed services. Once it's fixed you can always go back and turn off services back to manual, but If I did that I would immediately make sure it has not degraded my wifi connectivity before continuing with more! Hope this helps, 'cause I'm Lovin' it! (I am seeing wifi's all around my house I never saw before!)Good luck....Ron   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-Es-13-unstable-Wifi-connection-Wifi-randomly-disconnects/td-p/394267
Relevancy 81.27%

Most of my computers have linux on them, exept my new netbook. This laptop already has an internal wifi card, but I found several unused external ones. I was starting to wonder if having those plugged in and working along with my internal one would speed up my connection at all. The internal card isn't that fastest thing in the world so I am just trying to find a quick solution to it. Thanks.

A:Wifi adapters, More than one any help?

Nope. Your computer will just select the fastest and use that. The others will remain unused.

Courtney

P.S. The computer will use the fastest reported card. That is, if one Wi-Fi reports 300 Mb/sec, but only goes as fast as dial-up, it will get selected over a 54Mb/sec that is actually faster.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapters-more-than-one-any-help.908469/
Relevancy 81.27%

It keeps dropping the connection.The I have to manually turn it of and on again for it work for a little while.Tried changing the driver, didn't workCurrent driver is: 10.0.0.329 Hope someone can help

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-721-62CP-loses-wifi/td-p/429530/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 81.27%

It keeps dropping the connection.The I have to manually turn it of and on again for it work for a little while.Tried changing the driver, didn't workCurrent driver is: 10.0.0.329 Hope someone can help

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-721-62CP-loses-wifi/m-p/429530
Relevancy 80.84%

FYI I posted this on reddit first Links are a mix of reddit external sites My original posts can be found HERE this includes a link to my other Diff BSODs. Build: New tested RAM posts Last night I installed Windows onto an external hard drive using this guide I installed all updates on my laptop to current I then unplugged my internal HDD from my build and connected the external through the usb port Booted up installed drivers from my different hardware and downloaded updates I have a fantastic amount of stability now IF I don't do much on my computer I tested this last night by leaving it on all night and It didn't blue screen HOWEVER if I start steam and download- or install software it eventually crashes Minidumps can be foundHERE I'd appreciate someones assistance New Build: Diff BSODs. RAM tested in tracking down the culprit Some quick points Still running from my externalInternal HDD is unpluggedMotherboard was tested and replaced no issue here Both RAM sticks were memtest'd replaced etc no issue here Video Card works well problem persisted with IGFX CPU was tested with Intel's CPU diagnostic no issue here Haven't tested my PSU just moved no friends I have only ONE RAM running at a time switching between ports for testingIs it possible my ISO was corrupted I have a budget of to put towards this problem I am open to screen sharing Thank you all Type Item Price CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor OutletPC Motherboard ASRock Z PRO ATX LGA Motherboard Newegg Memory Kingston HyperX GB x GB DDR - Memory Newegg Storage Seagate Barracuda GB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Amazon Video Card Sapphire Radeon R X GB Tri-X Toxic Video Card NCIX US Power Supply EVGA W Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply Newegg Operating System Microsoft Windows OEM -bit OutletPC Total Prices include shipping taxes and discounts when available

A:New Build: Diff BSODs. RAM tested

Hi Meziroth & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I don't think that you would need to do screen sharing or even spend a dime on this one (touchwood!), although a reformat and reinstallation of the OS on your external hard disk might (Probability is extremely less) be required.

I have analyzed your dump files and below is the analysis provided just for informative purposes ^_^ :-

Code:
**************************Sat Jun 28 18:33:22.651 2014 (UTC + 5:30)***************************** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Ntfs.sys

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs+c0f08 )

BugCheck 24, {b500190637, ffffd0009efec3a8, ffffd0009efebbb0, fffff800818cbf08}
BugCheck Info: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM (24)

PROCESS_NAME: dllhost.exe

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x24

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x24_Ntfs+c0f08

MaxSpeed: 3400

CurrentSpeed: 3399

BIOS Version P1.30

BIOS Release Date 05/23/2014

Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.

Product Name To Be Filled By O.E.M.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sat Jun 28 18:22:13.328 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::DestroyAllocation+80 )

BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd00076c24020, ffffd00076c23f78, 0}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x139

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: LIST_ENTRY_CORRUPT

PROCESS_NAME: bio4.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x139_3_dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::DestroyAllocation

BIOS Version P1.30

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sat Jun 28 17:33:42.734 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0 )

BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd001ca5987c0, ffffd001ca598718, 0}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x139

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: LIST_ENTRY_CORRUPT

PROCESS_NAME: TiWorker.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x139_3_nt!KiFastFailDispatch

BIOS Version P1.30

**************************Sat Jun 28 17:23:44.090 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Ntfs.sys

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!MdlInvariantPreProcessing1+20e )

BugCheck C4, {1011, 0, ffffcf813ff72870, ffffd00022ca1000}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc4_1011

PROCESS_NAME: MsMpEng.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc4_1011_VRF_nt!MdlInvariantPreProcessing1

BIOS Version P1.30

**************************Sat Jun 28 17:16:16.377 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Ntfs.sys

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!MdlInvariantPreProcessing1+20e )

BugCheck C4, {1011, 0, ffffcf803253e870, ffffd001706a0000}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc4_1011
... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/49066-new-build-diff-bsods-ram-tested.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello Guys ,
I have Asus K550L Laptop
Working on Windows 8.1

my issue is that i installed more than wifi adapter during last few months to try which of them works better for me and stuff...

well i finally decided that ALFA AWUS036NHV is the one i want to use as my wifi adapter so i installed it and started working on it but i get many connection hiccups and issues.

and i been recommended to disable , deactivate and delete all the old wifi adapters
and also disable the wifi adapter that built in the laptop and to get my new adapter to work successfully.

the problem is i really don't know much about this stuff so i actually don't know which are the old ones that needed to be deleted and how to do so..
so can you please guide me to disable all the old stuff and reinstall my new adapter?

Regards

A:wifi Adapters issues

Go in Network and Sharing, click on Change Adapter Settings on left side, right click on an adapter not being used and select disable, it should then appear with a red X. When only the adapter you want to use is active and enabled, do you have good signal strength, does it drop connections, can you see other connections available?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68349-wifi-adapters-issues.html
Relevancy 80.41%

i want to use internet as well as want to connect to my android tv for playing movies and photos on tv. so can it be possible because i have two wifi
adapters. please help me out on this issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f4751021-9607-4221-b582-7ad0224bb050/how-to-use-two-wifi-adapters-simultaneously?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 80.41%

have been trying without success to search if the small usb type wifi adapters are secure the instructions do not state this the only information referring ? are wifi usb adapters secure to passwords is when connecting to a secondary device e g a wireless internet gateway when using the adapter other users devices are found is it possible to snoop around my computer through the usb adapter not the gateway without my knowledge or are these usb adapters automatically secure confused about this as the only information about security deals with wireless routers are usb wifi adapters secure ? which only makes it more confusing had assumed any wireless device connected to a computer could be a possible entry point into the computers files came close to purchasing a second usb wifi adapter to test from another computer if it was secure or if it was possible to create are usb wifi adapters secure ? a connection between both computers without a password if it is possible to connect without a password cant understand why this important information was not in the setup instructions the device is a netgear wna adapter using vista sp home premium posted a query in another forum the answer refereed to a router but no clear answer whether or not the adapter needed to be password protected any clear advice would clear up the confusion

A:are usb wifi adapters secure ?

A USB wifi adapter only allows you to connect to wifi networks. It basically functions like a normal network card in your average laptop, but transfers data through your USB port. With that in mind, the easiest way to answer your question is to say that it's just as secure as any laptop with a network card would be.

I think you're a little confused. Technically, the USB wifi adapter does not give you any inherent security. The security comes from whatever network you're connected to, and whatever firewall/antivirus program you have on your computer. So simply plugging this into your computer won't effect your security. Now, if you plug it in, and then use it to connect to the public wifi at a library of coffee shop, then yes, other people on the same wifi network may be able to get into your computer, and/or monitor your internet activity. But ONLY while you're connected to the same network as they are.

On the other hand, if you use it to connect to your home wifi secured with a password, then only other devices on your wifi will have potential access to your computer. As long as the network is secure, your computer should be too. Now, it's always possible that someone could manage to break your router's firewall, and launch an attack on your computer. But this is a very, very minimal risk you'll have to take no matter how or where you get online. So an additional firewall program on your computer adds another layer of security an attacker would have to break through to get into your computer. ZoneAlarm offers a great free firewall for download, if you don't already have one.

In summary, how secure your computer is when accessing wifi has very little to do with your USB adapter, and much more to do with your router, the strength of your wifi password, the encryption method, and what firewall programs are on your computer. Does that answer your question?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294290-usb-wifi-adapters-secure.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

I have 2 usb wifi adapters in my laptop..

the first internal one is connected to my regular wifi internet..

I want to use the 2nd USB adapter as a Ad-hoc network to play games or transfer files between two Local computers..

Can this be done in windows 8.1 64x.. I don't see the "create adhoc" in new connection..
thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72685-have-2-usb-wifi-adapters-can-i-use-one-internet.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Has anyone experienced a wider range with an external USB wifi card compared to a laptop internal card?

I see cards that look like a thumb drive and then some that look like a mini router with antennas. Wondering if there's really a big difference before I attempt to make a purchase. And if you've had a positive experience, who made it?

I need about a 75 yard wider range when working in my garage. Line of sight is clear.

Thanks.

Relevancy 80.41%

I have 2 USB wifi adapters. They both work fine in my computer connecting to building routers. I work on computers for charities and people that cannot afford outside repairs. On one of these the adapters were working fine. Suddenly they will connect withe router and not the internet. They were working fine and as I stated earlier they are used to connect to the same routers that I normally use.

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi, I've posted about this before, but as I got no reply, I think I'd better do so again.  Basically, the Wireless N-2230 and various BT adapters on this machine are insane. If I switch the BT off, the WiFi refuses to work, and even spontaneously 'loses' its drivers sometimes! The BT itself misbehaves when this happens, and sometimes keeps switching itself back on when I try to turn it on. I've tried everything, but the only thing that works is a forced reboot. In addition, I've had a 'Fan Error' AND a second Thermal Sensing Error this week.  Are there *any* software fixes I can try before going through an expensive motherboard replacement to save this machine? TIA for answers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Wifi-amp-bluetooth-adapters-have-minds-of-their-own-E530/td-p/3348702
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello and thanks in advance Please forgive any lack of knowledge I may have I am somewhat pc savvy but not much My older desktop pc doesn't have wifi built in so I have used an external usb adapter Most recently a ralink one It started having issues and i would disable then enable longer (2) no adapters working Wifi and would fix the problem Then Wifi adapters (2) no longer working one day my pc wasn't seeing it at all I thought it might be the usb extension Wifi adapters (2) no longer working i was using and plugged it directly into my machine that worked about mins I ran the troubleshooter and got this message quot The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Wifi adapters (2) no longer working quot so then i tried a second adapter that has also worked in the past with the same exact results In device manager it says it is working properly in the network and sharing center under change adapter settings its there but it says its disabled when i click enable it says it enables it but no changes at all then when i click diagnose it says quot There might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter quot quot windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter quot so then it says try these repairs as an administrator so i do and it gives me the same error The only fix i have tried that did not work was going into computer management under services and got the error quot windows could not start the WLAN auto config service on local computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot i downloaded the xirrus wifi inspector however it did me no good because i am unable to enable the adapter Also I have been using my phone to tether since i cant get any wireless networks okay so I have also uninstalled my AV and ran malwarebytes and ADwCleaner I completely uninstalled the wireless adapter went to belkins web site found the correct driver to no avail Am still diligently searching the forums and trying as many things that others have tried and worked any assistance would be greatly appreciated

A:Wifi adapters (2) no longer working

I suppose I will just re install windows..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339716-wifi-adapters-2-no-longer-working.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have  been using operating system windows 10 on my HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC .It is working good     but sometimes I face wifi adapter problem .Wifi adapter stop working .What is the reason ?

A:wifi Adapters problem on OS windows 10 !

Hi @Khirul,Welcome to the HP Forums and Welcome! I see from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion g6 Notebook and issues with WiFi adapter not working all the time. Here is a link that shows you how to enable away mode. It enables your computer to continue performing tasks, such as recording television programs or sharing video and music, even if you walk away from the computer. Specifically, when the computer is in Away mode.Please let me know how this goes. To show that you like, or are thankful of my post, kindly click the Thumbs up below. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-Adapters-problem-on-OS-windows-10/td-p/5601168
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello everyone I am new here but not to the repair business I started fixing in April of last year so computers and phones are my areas Currently I have a client s desktop that is having issues with wifi The desktop currently only has an ethernet adapter and the client requested to add wifi to it So I tried the wifi adapter they had purchased and it gave me a message saying the drivers aren t working So I took it home and tried my own nano wifi usb adapter and it couldn't find the driver so I searched and located it Now it says the network adapter is not working properly so I went and bought an internal wifi adapter card and installed the drivers and the same message came up The drivers are there and show up in device manager if I go to change adapter settings I can enable disable it However it still shows an X for the Wifi signal regardless so no wireless networks will show up Any suggestions Would you like more info on the desktop Compaq Windows -bit

A:Desktop will not work with Wifi Adapters!

Have you tried the Windows 7 Troubleshooter? Can you connect with the Firewall disabled?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569101/desktop-will-not-work-with-wifi-adapters/
Relevancy 79.55%

I've had an on-going problem as documented here Wifi loses connection every few hours tested on diff wifi adapters It sounds like a very similar problem to what many others have reported regarding wifi problems with Windows Windows internet connection dead every two for any Can't change USB wifi of my drivers adapters hours Connection drops completely when trying to use the Internet And Can't change drivers for any of my USB wifi adapters there's tons more complaints like this on Google if you do a search I've tried many things as suggested in those threads and so far none have worked What I'm trying to do now is to manually set Can't change drivers for any of my USB wifi adapters my wifi driver to something else but Windows isn't allowing me I have plugged in two different USB wifi adapters one is a Rosewill the other is a newer one by Netgear and I have installed the manufacturer driver files that come with those adapters but it seems Windows ignores it When I go to my Device Manager Network adapters n USB Wireless LAN Card Properties The driver listed is this Driver Provider MediaTek Inc Driver Date Driver Version Digital Signer Microsoft Windows I have tried to use the quot Update Driver quot process to manually set it to manufacturer drivers No dice It just says quot The best driver software for your device is already installed quot I also tried the quot Uninstall quot button to get rid of the MediaTek driver But after I reboot the system Windows automatically installs it again It seems the surefire solution is to downgrade to Windows but I don't want to go through that pain Can anyone help

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/54231-cant-change-drivers-any-my-usb-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 79.55%

i am facing a problem with my intel pro set wireless program. Iam unable to manage wireless profiles with this program. After i install the driver,i was able to use the intel pro wireless progam. After i restart my system, it says,"no nosupported wifi adapters available in the system". i am using windows xp sp3. with 1gb ram.. 32 bit.. please help..

A:no supported wifi adapters available in the system

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager do you see any devices with yellow marks, especially under Network Adapters for your Wifi adapter? If so, if you have a name brand computer (Dell, HP etc) then go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in your service tag# or your make and model # and download the specific Wireless Network Adapter for your particular computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-supported-wifi-adapters-available-in-the-system-608269.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have two PCs running Windows x Ultimate and two USB wireless adapters Both are having the same USB Adapters Windows Wifi Issue and with 7 connectivity issue with either wireless adapter The adapters are Asus USB N- Atheros AR Neither wireless adapter works in either PC Here s the specs of the PCs Mine Intel Core i K CPU EVGA NVidia GTX Win GPU GB DDR - RAM GIGABYTE GA-P A-UD P Mobo WD GB SATA HDD WD GB IDE HDD WD GB Issue with USB Wifi Adapters and Windows 7 IDE HDD ABS Tagan ITZ Series W PSU Soundblaster Issue with USB Wifi Adapters and Windows 7 Audigy SPU Windows x Ultimate Acer X W Acer AL W monitors Wife s Intel Pentium Dual Core E CPU EVGA NVidia GTS MB GPU GB DDR - RAM XFX MG- Mi- Mobo WD GB SATA HDD WD GB IDE HDD Rosewill W PSU Soundblaster Audigy SPU Windows x Ultimate Sylvania L monitor After inserting the wireless adapter into either PC I installed the necessary drivers for the devices After the driver installation was successful I click on the icon in the taskbar for the internet connections and see if there is a wireless network nearby - but the window says no connections are available I opened the Network and Sharing Center and clicked on the Manage Wireless Networks link on the left - nothing is displayed I clicked on the Change Adapter Settings link on the left as well and it displays my Wireless Network Connection as enabled I right-clicked it and selected connect disconnect and it only brings up the same window in the corner that should show the wireless connections in the taskbar and there are no access points displayed I tried troubleshooting the connection and the adapter and Windows states quot The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems quot I ve tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them I ve tried uninstalling the device in the Device Manager and using the quot Update Driver quot button to manually search for the driver on the PC I ve downloaded the most recent drivers for either wireless adapter I ve tried restarting either PC with and without the adapter installed Any insight to this issue Here is the ipconfig all for both PCs Mine Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- F- - - -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- F- - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap -A EE- -B C-A BC F C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B D-D - FDF-A F-D ED CA FE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wife s Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - D- -EB-F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FBF BC - E- E A- CB- C C A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State... Read more

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi All,

I have an internal wifi card and a USB one.

I have two APs,
Adapter Name = WifiPh, SSID = AP1 - connects to Internet via tethered phone 192.168.143.1
Adapter Name = WifiLAN SSID = AP2 - connects to local wired LAN router 192.168.3.37

On my laptop (win8.0) it shows
WifiPh
AP1 <-- Set Connect Automatically
AP2
WifiLAN
AP1
AP2 <-- Set Connect Automatically

Providing both Adapters are active then it works as required. But, if the WifiPh is it not running (phone off, flat battery) then it connects WifiPh+AP2 and that is not good as the Gateways are totally different.

Is there some way I can force WifiPh to ONLY ever connect to AP1 and similarly, force WifiLAN to ONLY ever connect to AP2?

Thanks

A:Two wifi adapters How to define who connects to which

You could try turning off Broadcast SSID then delete/forget the network you don't want to connect to. If I'm understanding correctly.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51299-two-wifi-adapters-how-define-who-connects.html
Relevancy 79.55%

My yo laptop has a mini-pc Intel PRO Wireless BG wifi adapter that s been working solid for as long as I ve had the machine Up until now I haven t even considered the value of an additional wifi adapter I just bought a COM OfficeConnect Wireless g PCMCIA card and tried installing the software Windows didn t make the process easy and doesn t seem to want to identify the new adapter However before I spend any more effort on making the new hardware work I feel the need to question the point Is there any practical benefit to having two wireless adapters installed on Solved: Using Multiple WiFi Adapters the same XP system Would I be able to connect to the same router quot twice quot and somehow increase my connection speed What about two different routers Does the rd party manufacturer software just get in the way of making such a thing possible How would program access to the network adapters be controlled nbsp

A:Solved: Using Multiple WiFi Adapters

Q1 No
Q2 No
Q3 perhaps but windows will only use one and doesn't handle being multihomed very well.
Q4 3rd party software is required to run the propriety hardware.
Q5 only if you can specify a router/ip address/gateway to go out in the program otherwise apps default to the windows routing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-using-multiple-wifi-adapters.700010/
Relevancy 79.55%

Dear concern, Good day I recently setup my laptop (HP Notebook - 14-ac037tu)  in windows 7 but it is not connecting with my wifi network. And it is also not working even after connecting with broadband network. So many hard ware is not installing drivers because I cant find them anywhere.Please give me solution. here is a view of the problem:   Thank you,Ahsan   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-wifi-connection-and-no-wifi-driver/td-p/5635294
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi nbsp Recently my laptop has randomly shutdown restart and when it comes back on the wifi adapter has magically been uninstalled and I would have to reinstall to get wifi again nbsp nbsp I noticed wifi loses Laptop restarts then randomly it happened quite a bit after a Laptop randomly restarts then loses wifi windows update I read somewhere Can't remember where that it happened quite a few times to people and what needed to Laptop randomly restarts then loses wifi be done is that the driver needed updating because something to do with the windows update So this is what I did and so far so good stayed on Till today I just locked my pc and went off to do something come back and it has restarted by itself not for windows updates may I say they was already up to date When it came on again bingo the adapter was gone again nbsp nbsp It is becoming very frustrating and I hope someone can help me before I lose my marbles and chuck it out the window lol I hope I aint the only one because must mean my laptop is on the way out nbsp nbsp Thanks Elizabeth

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-randomly-restarts-then-loses-wifi/td-p/5848910
Relevancy 78.69%

I've got a Linksys WUSB300N adapter which Linksys admits through tech support, that it will not work with Win7 64-bit.

So I ordered a Rosewill RNX-N180UBE because it supposedly has Win7 64-bit compatibility, but it doesn't work either.

So I spent a couple of hours on Newegg digging through the feedback of various wifi adapters, and it's starting to look like just about all of them have problems with Win7 64-bit.

Does anyone here have any solid recommendation of one that does? I would be particularly interested in one that works with a Gigabyte motherboard with the realtek chipset.

A:Do any Wifi adapters for Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit actually work?

Quote: Originally Posted by Monsoon

I've got a Linksys WUSB300N adapter which Linksys admits through tech support, that it will not work with Win7 64-bit.

So I ordered a Rosewill RNX-N180UBE because it supposedly has Win7 64-bit compatibility, but it doesn't work either.

So I spent a couple of hours on Newegg digging through the feedback of various wifi adapters, and it's starting to look like just about all of them have problems with Win7 64-bit.

Does anyone here have any solid recommendation of one that does? I would be particularly interested in one that works with a Gigabyte motherboard with the realtek chipset.

Failing that you might want to take another look at fixing the original problem. Let us know if we can help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/192895-do-any-wifi-adapters-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-actually-work.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,

I've tried everything - literally.

When I do a ipconfig /all - all I get is this:

host name .... : {myhostname}
Primary Dns Suffix ..... :
Node Type ......... : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled: ..........: No
WINS Proxy Enabled ..........: No

Both my network cards aren't showing up (Lan and Wifi).

Ive tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers many times.

I've tried repairing winsock and also the tcp stack.

I've uninstalled Avast antivirus and removed/switched off all firewalls

I'm totally lost to what is doing this??? Could it be a virus? Anyone have a similar problem or know how to help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/385037-mystery-both-ethernet-wifi-adapters-broken.html
Relevancy 78.69%

hi i am having this mind boggling issue here guyz that over my laptop win home premium i have connected to two wireless networks without any problems but today i installed a rubbish software called connectify which caused all the trouble i have deleted it now to no use here is the problem i am not able to connect but one wifi over unidentified? networks 2 adapters connected 2 always to my second network it is connected but always no internet access also it gives the name quot unidentified network quot 2 networks connected over 2 wifi adapters but one always unidentified? although i used to connect to two wifi on my laptop one with laptops router and the second tplink usb wirelss adapter just before the connectify wrecked it here is the thing that both my wifis are working perfectly and when i disable one adapter and connect the second it connects without any trouble but when i use both my adpters simultaneously one wifi not always the same goes ino the unidentified loop when i see the wifi details of the unidentified network i see that ipv address is not listed so thats the trouble 2 networks connected over 2 wifi adapters but one always unidentified? but when i connect it while other adapter is off it connects withput any trouble what has gone wrong guyz plz my mind is numb trying to solve this issue i dont know how many times i have uninstlled insatlled every other driver but no use plz help 2 networks connected over 2 wifi adapters but one always unidentified? me asap

A:2 networks connected over 2 wifi adapters but one always unidentified?

comeo n guyz reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317656-2-networks-connected-over-2-wifi-adapters-but-one-always-unidentified.html
Relevancy 78.69%

My wireless adapter seems to be failing. I would like to replace it but would like to try a different brand than the Broadcom.  How do I know which adapters will work in my laptop?

A:acceptable replacement Wifi adapters for HP Envy 15

Hello @DMA49, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that you are looking to replace the WLAN Module, and wanted to assist you! Are you sure that WLAN Module is indeed failing?  You can always double check by performing the Components Test, for the hardware.  You can use this document to help: HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If you believe that the WLAN Module is failing, then please provide me with the Product Number of the notebook.  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number: HP Customer Support - Products Once I have that information, I can provide you with all the compatible WLAN Modules for your notebook. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/acceptable-replacement-Wifi-adapters-for-HP-Envy-15/td-p/5632680
Relevancy 78.69%

i just installed windows 10,but came to know that windows 10 does support the wireless adapter in my HP PROBOOK 4510sDescription: Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGNDriver version: 14.2.1.4 so what is the solution HP is  going to provide?

A:windows 10 does not support WIFI 5100 AGN adapters

sa11 wrote:i just installed windows 10,but came to know that windows 10 does support the wireless adapter in my HP PROBOOK 4510sDescription: Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGNDriver version: 14.2.1.4 so what is the solution HP is  going to provide?HP only has the drivers that was made at the time the laptop came from the factory with some update only but for Windows 10 AFAIK-that would require you look at intel driver site to see if they have  Win10 listed for your wifi.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/windows-10-does-not-support-WIFI-5100-AGN-adapters/td-p/5249894
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi all I cannot seem to get any WiFi USB adapter I plug in to my new PC with a fresh install Don't Wifi Work Machine 7 Adapters Windows 64-bit on of Win -bit to work Weirdly enough they work fine on all the other computers in the house including Macs and PCs w Windows XP amp Windows -bit - I have tried a Linksys WUSB GC adapter I have manually installed the x drivers for it That one is recognized but when I try to quot Enable quot it it will go through the whole process of enabling w o actually enabing - I have tried an Airlink AWLL I have installed the drivers sucessfully I think This one works but it doesn t detect any WiFi networks in the area but only on my new PC It detects them fine on other PCs even if they are placed in the exact same location as my new PC - I have tried a nameless brand of WiFi adapter shows up in device manager on other PCs as RTL Wireless Again this adapter works on every other computer but when I have plugged Wifi Adapters Don't Work on Windows 7 64-bit Machine it in to my new PC and have installed the drivers nothing happens It isn t even recognized Original mobo drivers are fully installed Regional settings are correct to my knowledge Anyone have an idea Thanks Serra nbsp

A:Wifi Adapters Don't Work on Windows 7 64-bit Machine

Just a thought.
Is there a w7 64 bit chipset driver available on the pc makers web site.If so I might download it and see if that changes anything.
And in device manager,the usb adapters do not show up anywhere including other devices ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapters-dont-work-on-windows-7-64-bit-machine.997383/
Relevancy 78.69%

Not sure if this is a complicated problem or if I made it complicated My computer specs HP adapters Win7 Solved: Wifi ignores DM t- Win Home Premium bit SP CPU i email protected gb ram gb hdd Internal wifi adapter Centrino Wireless-N USB wifi adapter Netgear WNA bought this after problem started Problem My wireless adapters show in the Device Manager but will Solved: Win7 ignores Wifi adapters not connect They show quot Not connected-No connections are available quot on the toolbar and the Adapter Settings window Background I first noticed the problem when I ran a windows update on June It included an update for the Centrino adapter All other updates installed fine but this one Solved: Win7 ignores Wifi adapters failed with no reason given Wifi stopped working so I retried the update Still didn t work so I restarted computer Wifi still didn t work so I did a Windows restore to before the update Wifi still didn t work Used the Intel ProSet Wireless Tools to run a hardware test that failed Could not read error message Downloaded the wifi driver from Intel on my phone amp transferred to my computer Uninstalled old driver yr restarted and reinstalled new driver Jan - still nothing Ran Intel Pro Tools again and got error message quot Wireless hardware is not bound to transport driver quot Googled that and found a site that said to run netsh int ip reset amp netsh winsock reset Did that restarted and problem not fixed Uninstalled Intel Pro Tools amp wifi driver restarted and did the netsh again - not fixed Reinstalled Intel Pro Tools downloaded with phone which came with the Jan driver Restarted but still same quot Not connected quot message Got frustrated and bought the Netgear WNA Installed the software amp driver with the CD Ran the software prompted to connect USB adapter connected it and nothing The light blinked times on the WNA and stayed off The program never proceeded past quot Searching for device quot I checked the device manager and both wifi adapters show there I reinstalled the HP Wireless Assistant using the recovery manager but that didn t do anything I checked the services msc amp the only wifi-related services that weren t on were Wireless PAN DHCP Server and WLAN AutoConfig Tried starting those and both failed Wireless PAN DHCP Server Error The process terminated unexpectedly WLAN AutoConfig Error A dll initialization routine failed Then I uninstalled my Symantec Security Suite amp turned off the Windows Firewall Reinstalled drivers restarted and still no change Then I remembered I had HP QuickWeb on this Unplugged the WNA I restarted the computer and the wireless internet at the hotel where I m staying showed up I connected to it and could go to various websites Started Win and nothing Same problem At this point I m out of options and days behind on my online class for college I attached the ipconfig all in case that helps Any suggestions Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Matt gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Schatz Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address -J -C - - D-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-O -DE- D- D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FC - ED- BE - C - F BBCDBBC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BCE AE- B E- D -A D -B F B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - -... Read more

Relevancy 78.69%

I saw some older threads but nothing that relates to windows 8. Anyone have any possible solutions to this issue?

I have downloaded the latest Sony divers, tested the router, and asked Sony for assistance but nothing has worked so far.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/31849-vaio-tap-20-loses-wifi-after-waking-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

Recently I have been having issues with my computer dropping my WiFi signal at home despite still being able to access the internet via my phone, xbox, and also my roommates using it as well.

On top of this I also noticed that I get the BSOD when I close my laptop without turning it off. I have been looking into ways to fix this all day but I have finally decided to post my dumps.

If anyone could find my errors and assist me I would greatly appreciate it.

A:BSOD When I close Laptop, WIFI loses connectivity

Any help would be appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310587-bsod-when-i-close-laptop-wifi-loses-connectivity.html
Relevancy 78.26%

recently usb resources wifi adaptor wifi wifi not recognized, hogging i was having major computer issues on my desktop i did a full restore to factory settings and after doing a few windows updates i found that my network adaptor was not finding any signals it does not show up in the change adaptor settings wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources page or in the device manager page when i troubleshoot my internet connection it says an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in I have a desktop computer but it definately has a wireless network card i used to get windows updates for it and it just stopped wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources working one day when i look in the BIOS the only option related to booting a network card is B D Yukon PXE no matter when i boot it i still dont get wireless signals when i go into the boot menu and try to boot this device it says quot PXE E media test failure please check cable quot i have opened the tower and the card is securely in its slot i thought i would workaround by getting a usb wifi card I installed it and connected to the internet and it alternated between having a connection to the internet and being connected to the network but not the internet even when it is connected to the internet i cannot reach any web pages my dropbox desktop files wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources update very slowly kb s when i am connected with the usb card the network stops working for everyone else in the house they can no longer reach web pages or continue downloads please help gateway DX AMD Phenom II X processor GHz GB DDRII RAM windows home premium EDIT additionally nothing shows up when i scan with avast antivirus nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Windows will not connect to a WiFi Network using a USB Network Adapter I have adapters A Senoa SUB EXT a Repeatit SU USB V and a ZYXEL G All of these devices install OK on Windows Home but OK Solved: USB Installed Adapters working Wifi on not Win7 Premium on my Destop PC bit and on my Asus Wii Netbook bit In each case the adapter can be enabled disabled and the driver properties says it is working correctly When I try and connect to a network Windows behaves as though the adapter does not exist and reports no networks The Wii has an integrated adapter which works perfectly under Windows and connects to either of the networks available to me I have done all the checks I can on the configuration What seems odd to me is that it happens to all devices on different windows PCs both of which are working perfectly in any other respect This suggests the common denominator is me and I must be doing something wrong what s also strange Solved: USB Wifi Adapters Installed OK but not working on Win7 is that I cannot find any similar problems being reported on any of the forums From what reading I ve been able to do it seems like the new wifi virtualisation Solved: USB Wifi Adapters Installed OK but not working on Win7 thingy Solved: USB Wifi Adapters Installed OK but not working on Win7 in W is not recognising the adapters which suggests I missing a configuration option somewhere Looking forward to finding out if I m not alone or just being stupid Pete nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

I added a new wifi repeater to my LAN.
When i connect through it (better signal strength) to my modem i still have the internet.
But none of my mapped drives work and i can't see any Homegroup PC's on my lan.
As soon as i switch back to my regular wifi adapter they are all available again.

Is my wifi adpater linked to my Homegroup and mapped shares ?
How can i get my new adapter to map my network drives and Homegroup ?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61581-missing-network-shares-after-changing-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Bluetooth and wifi adapters are missing on device manager

A:Can't find Bluetooth and wifi adapters on device manager

I am also suffering from this problem.please help me..wifi network apadter and Bluetooth adapter are missing

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-find-Bluetooth-and-wifi-adapters-on-device-manager/td-p/5242959
Relevancy 77.83%

Our computer arrived this week, and we find that when we stream a television show,  it repeatedly drops the wifi connection. Power management is set to high performance, so that's not it. Concerningly, it regularly insists, after losing wifi connection, that it cannot even find our router, and sometimes when it does, it finds it, attempts to connect, and then says, "Can't connect to this wifi." But all the other devices in the house are connecting fine, and all lights on the router are steady-on. Any suggestions? It's currently much easier to watch a show on the old computer than the new, alas.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Brand-new-Thinkpad-e560-repeatedly-loses-wifi-connection/td-p/3322809
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello I have two wifi pci airlink super g adapters AWLH model They are the same a create xp3 router Using to adapters winxp home in 2wifi wifi model same chipset and use the same driver What I am trying to do is to get the internet connection from one adapter and then use the other to share Using 2wifi adapters in winxp xp3 to create a home wifi router the internet connection to other computers using ICS and ad-hoc connections The adapters work fine because I have been able to use them at the same time in ubuntu linux so I cant figure out why it does not work under winxp I have been trying to fix this for two whole days now The problem is that if both adapters are connected to my main board my operating system only recognizes one of them I can see the other adapter in the Hardware List of Windows Hardware Manager it says that the device can not start and shows the error code If I unplug my first adapter then the second adapter works fine Also when typing ipconfig all command only one wireless adapter appears Could anyone please tell me what could be the problem Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/using-2wifi-adapters-in-winxp-xp3-to-create-a-home-wifi-router-392343.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I've bought a repeater/router to help boost the wifi signal at the other end of my home.
It connects to my Billion 7800nxl and then to the rest of the world.
When i connect directly to the billion I have internet and access to the Homegroup and mapped drives.
When i change network adapters to the Comcast booster. I still have internet access but am no longer a member of the Homegroup and the mapped drives dont' work. In fact i see no workgroups to join
I also get a message that says
"network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Please turn on network discivery in the Network And Sharing Centre"
So i go to the network sharing center and under Advance settings it says Network discovery is turned ON.
What am i missing. Why can't the alternative wifi adapter see and join the same workgroup ?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440811-when-i-change-wifi-adapters-i-loose-my-workgroup-mapped-drives.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi guys please help me
I have this one modem at home and if i connect it using wireless on my laptop it says it cannot connect or "limited access" i also tried using another wifi (router) still the same output..
i have browsed so many forums but still cant find the solution.. i also tried downloading the latest network adapter but upon installing it just says "NO INTEL ADAPTERS ARE PRESENT IN THIS COMPUTER"

also can someone please tell me why there are lots of "UNKNOWN DEVICES" on my Network Adapters and also what is missing.. please help

A:Win7 laptop cant connect on wifi: No intel adapters are present....

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. What is the Model Number of your Computer ? .. Read the Link below and follow the Instructions .. Then Post back a screenshot of your Missing Device Drivers ..

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=115192.0

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/320854-win7-laptop-cant-connect-wifi-no-intel-adapters-present.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi all I Loses mode from internet sleep 'awakening' Wifi connectivity 8 Windows after have a new Acer Aspire V - G laptop running Windows Lately I cannot Windows 8 Loses Wifi internet connectivity after 'awakening' from sleep mode access the internet after my computer goes into sleep mode i e folding Windows 8 Loses Wifi internet connectivity after 'awakening' from sleep mode the laptop Other strange stuff happens to such as not being able to access the control panel a window appears with just white space and the task manager doesn't update details Oddly most other programs run correctly provided of course that they are offline The standard network diagnostic utility says it cannot find any problems Restarting the computer resolves the issue with no problems but this is obviously inconvenient It may be worth noting I had issues with a BSOD with a laptop of the same model that I posted about here The cause seemed to be hardware related and this is a replacement See here for the full thread regarding that McAfee Internet Security has blocked trojans in the past from dodgy freeware programs and a malwarebytes scan I just performed removed some offerware so viruses and the like might be an issue here

A:Windows 8 Loses Wifi internet connectivity after 'awakening' from sleep mode

Here is a log of events occurring after a particular 'awakening' so to speak (until a restart, the top being the latest). Not sure how useful it is, but it may give a few hints.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-loses-wifi-internet-connectivity-after-awakening-from-sleep-mode-688723.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey there Have been having this problem for a while I'll try to make a long story short I'm on a personal build computer running x chipset Originally installed Windows Have upgraded to and then anniversary devices other working internet wifi loses stop and Desktop (ethernet) addition The problems started once I upgraded to Windows When the computer goes idle for the day leave for work come home later in the day the desktop which is connected via ethernet has lost it's connection and will only come back after Desktop loses internet (ethernet) and other wifi devices stop working a reboot Troubleshooting doesn't work and trying to disable and re-enable the NIC card doesn't work Once the desktop loses its connection every device that is connected via wifi will show that it is connected but will not load anything As soon as I reboot the desktop everything works fine I DO NOT need to reboot the modem or router I have searched over and over and over and have determined it is not a modem problem comcast eMTA in bridge mode or a router problem Asus RT-AC P so it must be a driver problem for my NIC card I cannot for the life of me find a Marvell Yukon E windows supported driver to see if that is the issue Maybe there are settings in the NIC card properties I need to change Any help would be appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/59729-desktop-loses-internet-ethernet-other-wifi-devices-stop-working.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello using the Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit v SDK i compiled the WirelessHostedNetwork Example I use the adapters multiple wlanapi.dll HostedNetwork WLAN network WIFI / native | | physical Native Wifi Functions in wlanapi dll As in the wireless Hosted Network Example described I open a quot WlanOpenHandle quot initialize with quot WlanHostedNetworkInitSettings quot wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters set the SSID name quot SetConnectionSettings quot and the password with quot SetSecondaryKey quot With quot WirelessHostednetworkStartUsing quot and quot WlanHostedNetworkStopUsing quot i can Start wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters Stop the Virtual wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters AcessPoint In the Network and Sharing Center there is allways a quot Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter quot created However we have the scenario that the computer has more then only one physical WLAN network adapter installed Therefore we want to assign a certain physical wireless network card to the WirelessHostedNetwork Using the quot WlanEnumInterfaces quot function it is possible to enumerate all physical wireless network cards and its GUID on the computer However it has not possible to assign a certain wireless network card to the wlanHandle I got after quot WlanOpenHandle quot It is also required to configure the IP address range of the WirelessHostedNetwork By default this is set always to XXX nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks a lot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ee0bf9ed-1f54-458b-ba04-c20541dcdda4/wlanapidll-native-wifi-hostednetwork-multiple-physical-wlan-network-adapters?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello guys, I just want to know if it is possible to connect two (2) laptops through WIFI without using an AccessPoint?

A:WIFI to WIFI Connection

You can, there's instructions here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-to-wifi-connection.577354/
Relevancy 73.53%

Is anyone having issues with their Windows 10 tablets not connecting to 5G wifi?
I have a couple of Dell Venue 1 Pro 5130 tablets; and they suddenly cannot connect to the 5g wifi at my place simultaneously. They can still be connected to the 2.4g wifi. Meanwhile, all of my BlackBerry 10 phones are fine being connected to the 5g wifi.
Since I have the auto update and install on for both of my Windows tablets, I am thinking it has to do with some update that MS pushed in the past few days. Any ideas?
Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

A:Wifi Connection with 5G wifi

Originally Posted by skstrials Is anyone having issues with their Windows 10 tablets not connecting to 5G wifi?
I have a couple of Dell Venue 1 Pro 5130 tablets; and they suddenly cannot connect to the 5g wifi at my place simultaneously. They can still be connected to the 2.4g wifi. Meanwhile, all of my BlackBerry 10 phones are fine being connected to the 5g wifi.
Since I have the auto update and install on for both of my Windows tablets, I am thinking it has to do with some update that MS pushed in the past few days. Any ideas?
Posted via the Windows Central App for Android try adding the wifi again and also restarting the router

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435636-wifi-connection-5g-wifi.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a perfectly running PC and a working wireless adapter but funny thing is that my home wifi cant be detected while neighbor's wifi are listed down. The problem occur whenever I send my PC to repair, after the whole process when I want to get my PC connected to the internet but just cant. It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters, I dont want to keep buying new wireless adapters just to search for my own wifi. My other devices worked fine with my home wifi as I am typing this on my Iphone instead because my PC cant detect my own wifi !!!!!! VERY FURIOUS.

thanks for reading and i really hope for an answer as soon as possible because i just wana dota on my new PC.. please help me.

A:Wifi adapter can detect other wifi but not my own wifi

It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters,Click to expand...

has that resoved the issue or not
it maybe the signal is broadcasting on channel 12/13

can you connect the pc directly to the router with a cable and then
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-can-detect-other-wifi-but-not-my-own-wifi.1156359/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am running XP SP3 with .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. The wireless network adapter works fine using either the Atheros Client Utility (my preference) or Windows Zero Config, Since someone mentioned the latter as possibly being necessary, I have been using it for these tests. It is, thus, not surprising that the wireless network adapter is present in and shows no problem in the Device Manager (devmgmt.msc), or ipconfig output; however, Xirrus WiFi Inspector shows "No adapters available" and does not function. Can you help me get WiFi Inspector running?

A:Xirrus WiFi Inspector shows "No adapters available"

I just downloaded, installed and tested the Inspector on my XP machine and can tell you that WZC is definitely not needed, as I always have mine disabled and use the adapter's utility.

Unfortunately that's about all I can tell you. Haven't come across your problem before. The user manual says you need at least SP2, but you have SP3 so that's fine. There are 3 issues listed in the manual; doubt they apply but I'll quote them just in case.

Following are known issues with the 1.2 version of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector:
1. The Wi-Fi Inspector must be uninstalled before being updated or reinstalled.
2. The Enable/Disable function is not available on Windows XP. On Windows 7 and Vista
systems, you must be running the application with administrator privileges for this
function to to operate.
3. The Wi-Fi Inspector may not run properly on systems running virtualization software such
as VMware or VirtualPC.Click to expand...

I suggest to uninstall it and reinstall, mostly because I can't think of anything else and sometimes those dumb actions actually work.

For my curiosity, what model Atheros adapter is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xirrus-wifi-inspector-shows-no-adapters-available.980383/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi, after some hours om getting BSOD i really would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this,
just by sitting in computer being in youtube or playing sometimes. ive gotten 2 different Bluescreens.

im also hosting an private server and really need it to be online and while getting Bluescreens it gets shuttdown and this is actually hard.

ive uploaded the file BSOD.

Kind Regards
Donix

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384984-2-3-diff-bsod-happends-after-some-hours-playing-chrome.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Guys This is Viral I am using an Acer laptop model ASPIRE since the last five years There haven't been much issues with it restor 5100 intel Issues is r as systm installed WiFi link after wifi not d with except for the battery and thats it But recently since last two weeks I noticed that my Wifi would stop blinking after sometime after I start my laptop and then it wouldn't work even when I try to turn on and turn off the Wifi switch it doesn't respond anything I tried searching the net for this issue using my office laptop and found that a system restore would help to solve this issue Since I remembered that I updated Java as well as there was this ad software which got installed and I had unistalled it So I did a system restore and then when I opened the device manager I am not able to see intel r wifi link driver on it I tried restarting my laptop and did everything and couldn't find the driver it was there before Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor the system restore But later on the same day the driver got installed automatically and the WiFi started working but only for a couple of minutes after the restart and then it stopped So I did the system restore again to the date when everything was working perfectly and when i did that again my intel r wifi link driver is not shown on the device manager network adapters I don't if it would automatically get installed or not but its sure Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor that the WiFi issue still be there So can you please help with this issue Help me get the intel r wifi link driver back Help me the solve the WiFi issue as the WiFi light goes Off It would be grateful if any of you guys could help me out this issue since I am applying for further studies and require the internet connection in the night for filling the forms I have the office laptop but all my documents and my Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor software are there in my personal laptop Please help me sir My machine info Processor - Intel Core Duo CPU T GHZ Memory - GB System type - bit operating system Windows Vista Home Premium

A:Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor

Select Model, Select Operating System, Download your Drivers

There is also a hardware detection tool to assist you.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

If the software is listed in add/remove programs; Uninstall it.

If the device is listed in device manager; uninstall it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541806/issues-with-wifi-as-intel-r-wifi-link-5100-is-not-installed-after-d-systm-restor/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have recently bought a new pci wifi lan card Ralink rt turbo and have plugged in and installed drivers Initially the drivers the company I bought it from 7 any Ralink WiFi not windows RT61 card, signals wifi Lan receiving told me to install didn't work but after some googling found the correct drivers and downloaded from Ralinks website However these didn't work either When using the Ralink wireless utility it says that the card is disconnected however in device manage it is both connect Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals and the correct drivers installed and everything is perfectly fine I ignored the wireless utility and hoped that windows would still be able to use the wireless card as past experiences have shown to be true This case however I get nothing Windows says that the Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals wireless card is experiencing problems it doesn't show any of the routers that should be shown I have been looking around a lot and there have been several drivers Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals that should have worked and they haven't I would have thought that the antenna is broken or the card doesn't work however when I use it with ubuntu instead of windows it works perfectly fine without any hassle so the card is definitely working Any advice that anyone can give on how to resolve this would be very welcome Thanks Aieden

A:Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals

Have a look at this thread.

Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless Driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/236001-ralink-rt61-wifi-lan-card-windows-7-not-receiving-any-wifi-signals.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 68.37%

When i was using windows 8 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But i updated to windows 8.1 and now when am downloading something the wifi gets disconnected and wont show the network even if the router is on and my phone is still connected to it.I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.Is this because of the adapter or driver and my laptop has a ralink wifi adapter.What should i do?Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 wifi issue ralink wifi adapter and envy 15t j001...

Goutham, Welcome to the HP Forum. You might try the following Ralink driver for Windows 8.1 :sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1 [Devices] (Hardware Ids)PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3592="Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090="Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539A="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290="Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7630="Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter "Your computer's webpage does show a few drivers for Windows 8.1:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j001tx Notebook PC Drivers  Hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? to the HP Experts who are here to help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-wifi-issue-ralink-wifi-adapter-and-envy-15t/td-p/3117459
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, I have a Gateway NV52L15 notebook and I am having problems with my WiFi access. I have Windows 8. My wireless networks are not showing up. When I troubleshoot the network adapter, I get a messAge that reads that my wireless capability is turned off. When I go to the Gateway Device fast lane, my WiFi is on. But when I look in networks it as shows WiFi off and I am unable to turn it on that way. When I go to wireless devices in pc settings, the toggle button for the wire device is grey, therefore I am unable to switch it on- It used to work.

Also, while in the Gateway Device fast lane, when I press the F3 key the airplane mode goes on...the WiFi goes off...by comes right back on. Please help...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29653-wifi-toggle-switch-greyed-out-unable-turn-wifi.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I am currently stationed in Germany, and live in a village that has horrible internet. I cannot stream netflix, hulu, and downloads take several hours.

Is there a way to combine the internet that my cell phone receives and the wifi router I have at home to increase speed?

I have the ability to create a wifi hotspot from my cell phone if this helps.

Just something I thought up in my head, and wanted to find out if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

A:Combining Wifi Hotspot and Router Wifi for faster internet

You can, try this http://www.octopusplus.com/download.jsp or http://www.connectify.me/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combining-wifi-hotspot-and-router-wifi-for-faster-internet.1099511/
Relevancy 68.37%

hello.

i have cable internet that is connected to a belkin wireless router. one computer gets slow internet access when connected to this. multiple other computers get better speed. the one affected computer gets fast speeds when accessing the internet at other locations, like a friend's house. also, the affected computer gets fast speeds when connected to the router by a cable.

so the problem seems to be very specific to the connection between these specific devices.

the laptop in question is a thinkpad e420 running windows 7.

thank you in advance for any solutions or suggestions you might have.

A:Solved: slow net with 1 computer and home wifi, but not other computers or other wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-net-with-1-computer-and-home-wifi-but-not-other-computers-or-other-wifi.1085104/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am considering using a powerline system to give me additional wifi cover, but I am unclear how the available wifi connection is protected. They make a great deal of encrypting the traffic over the power circuit, but no mention is made of protecting the wifi connection. Surely, the risk with these is the same as with a wireless router?

Anyone got any experience of this?

A:Wifi over Powerline - security - e.g. Devolo dLAN 500 Mbps WiFi

They did a review of it here Devolo dLAN 500 AV Wireless+ Review | Expert Reviews.

In the review they mention it comes with a default password that you can change later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310448-wifi-over-powerline-security-e-g-devolo-dlan-500-mbps-wifi.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I have a XPS i QHD purchased refurbished from rd party recently installed clean W The Dell tool indicates to me that I should be installing Network Driver WD T WN A EXE Installing I get failure log at the bottom Via Device Manager as mentioned the WiFi adapter under Network is not there scanning for hardware changes does not help I have tried manually installing inf files but I don t get any options under quot Model quot when nbsp I try to install it through legacy hardware I m starting to think nbsp the Wifi Bluetooth component is either faulty or entirely missing from the vendor nbsp I have not opened it up and wouldn t know how / WiFi in Drivers not Device Manager, install WiFi can't Bluetooth to diagnose this myself WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers I ve attached a separate wifi dongle which works as does connecting to Ethernet via nbsp a USB adapter Any other ideas of what it could be Thanks --- nbsp Update Package Execution Started nbsp Original command line quot C Users Yegor Downloads Network Driver WD T WN A EXE quot nbsp DUP Framework EXE Version nbsp DUP Release WD TA nbsp Initializing framework nbsp logo png nbsp User Command attended nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp OS Compatible with this WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C PROGRA dell drivers N A miniunz exe nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers C Users Yegor DOWNLO N EXE -o -d C PROGRA dell drivers N A nbsp Extraction-GetExitCode nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe quot vLOGFILE quot C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp quot quot nbsp Path C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp Append Vendor Software Log C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp nbsp --- Start of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp ASCII payload log file detected nbsp Installation log file for quot DW WLAN Card quot Log Starts on Date - - Time GetOSInfo Detected Windows GetOSInfo Product Type Business PreInstallSetup Using ini file C Users Yegor AppData Local Temp A - D - -BF A- F F DD B - - -BC -A BF bcmwls ini Using inf file C Users Yegor AppData Local Temp BcmWLSetup Drivers WinThresh WL bcmwdi inf Installation root C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card OEM is Dell Driver interface is PCI HW detection for installer ResultCode Hardware id is not found in driver inf Either the device is not present or the device is not supported InstallShield script aborting Entering function CreateEventLog Exiting function CreateEventLog Log ends on Date - - Time nbsp --- End of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp logo png nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp Open file C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Network Driver WD T WN A txt nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp Update Package Execution Started nbsp Original command line quot C Users Yegor Downloads Network Driver WD T WN A EXE quot nbsp DUP Framework EXE Version nbsp DUP Release WD TA nbsp Initializing framework nbsp logo png nbsp User Command attended nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C NEWFOL miniunz exe nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x C Users Yegor DOWNLO N EXE -o ... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19963521
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey guys So what i'm trying to do is create a hotspot computer wifi built-in with Wifi card. Creating wifi hotspot using my computer In other words turning my computer into a router I'm wanting to do this so i can use my ipod at home instead of only when i'm around other wifi hotspots My computer Creating Wifi hotspot with built-in computer wifi card. is running off of a wired router so that i can play online on my PS as well I was told wifi doesn't work well with Ps 's normally so i just bought a wired router So the mainline internet cord is plugged into a wired router and then another line runs into my computer For some reason after i make an adhoc connection the computer is not sending the required information to the iPod so that it connects to the internet I've tried entering in the information into the Static tab in my ipod as well and still only get Local Connection instead of Local and Internet This is what my connection looks like through the router using ipconfig all Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Kyle gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Crommy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List twinvalley net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F- A- -BA-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix twinvalley net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - B- -F -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f aed f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday December Cromwel l Lease Expires Tuesday December Cromwe ll Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- D- - A- - B- -F -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix twinvalley net Description isatap twinvalley net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B C D -A E - DF -BEA -BC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f f fe b Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe f f fe b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes now when i look at other people's ipconfig all they do not have any of theese quot tunnel adapters quot as i have not sure if that has anything to do with it or not thanks for any and all tips

A:Creating Wifi hotspot with built-in computer wifi card.

Hi Cromsy,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as that. You are connected to the router fine with your computer, but that tells us nothing about the ipod because wireless is off (but that's not the whole story either - you need something extra to do what you want). The following article should tell you what you need and how to do it: How to Connect iPod Touch to Windows 7 Ad-hoc Wireless Network. Although it says Windows 7, there are procedures for Vista as well (and the software will work with Vista).

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286359-creating-wifi-hotspot-built-computer-wifi-card.html
Relevancy 68.37%

'Hello this is my first post here so I am sorry if anything is confusing The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me in order to solve my problem A few days ago my laptop was working perfectly fine But then I turned my Taskbar wifi to turned white and detect unable wifi computer off the next day everything started up as normal with Windows Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then the network connecter won't automatically start So I was left without internet for a bit Whats more I noticed that the taskbar which was always semi-transparent before is now white As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open turned into blue Is computer Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi has always ran Windows as far as I am aware but e way the taskbar and the title bars are behaving reminds me of windows xp I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel and tried to quot Connect to a network quot But it didn't detect any wifi servers Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used and I am using wifi on that server at this moment When I tried to use troubleshoot on my quot internet connections quot it first showed me that the issue was quot The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running quot but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again it doesn't show any problems detected And with the problem of the taskbar I tried to search solutions and found some I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on quot personalize quot And my sources tol me to select an aero theme However all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out and I am unable to select any of them The only theme that I am able to select is my quot unsaved theme quot which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it and the bottom which is the white portion and has a black bar across it All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now would somebody please help me Alnost all other programs are functioning fine but the wifi Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi is not connecting Oh and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness All help are thanked BTW I wrote this on my iPad mini

A:Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by Zero

'Hello, this is my first post here, so I am sorry if anything is confusing.

The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me, in order to solve my problem

A few days ago, my laptop was working perfectly fine. But then, I turned my computer off, the next day, everything started up as normal, with Windows 7 Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then, the network connecter won't automatically start. So I was left without internet for a bit. Whats more, I noticed that the taskbar, which was always semi-transparent before, is now white. As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open, turned into blue!

Is computer has always ran Windows 7 as far as I am aware, but e way the taskbar, and the title bars, are behaving, reminds me of windows xp.

I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem. I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel, and tried to "Connect to a network". But it didn't detect any wifi servers! Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used, and I am using wifi on that server at this moment!

When I tried to use troubleshoot on my "internet connections", it first showed me that the issue was "The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running" but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again, it doesn't show any problems detected

And with the problem of the taskbar, I tried to search solutions, and found some. I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on "personalize". And my sources tol me to select an aero theme. However, all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out, and I am unable to select any of them. The only theme that I am able to select is my "unsaved theme", which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it, and the bottom, which is the white portion, and has a black bar across it. All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable...

I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now, would somebody please help me? Alnost all other programs are functioning fine, but the wifi is not connecting(Oh, and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness)

All help are thanked!

BTW, I wrote this on my iPad mini

No idea what the problem might be but it doesn't sound good.

Have you considered using System Restore to take your system back to when it was working correctly?

This would be by far the easiest way to fix this type of problem, the link shows you how.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286373-taskbar-turned-white-wifi-unable-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 68.37%

So for the past day or so im trying to get the WiFi working on this laptop,didnt succeeded yet. I tryed the f10,f9,f10 ,not working.  HP Wireless Assistant doesnt eaven have any options in it when i instal him. Tryed to manualy instal drivers says its up to date and still not working.Name of the wireless adapter is Railink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter. Hardware IDs:PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_1453103C&REV_00PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_1453103CPCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_028000PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_0280  So any help would be nice.Ty in front,CroMatt  

A:WiFi button not working,WiFi option in mobility center is gr...

Hi To see what drivers are in use, you can try... Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator, and type....  netsh wlan show drivers C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show driversInterface name: WiFi 2    Driver                    : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    Vendor                    : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.    Provider                  : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.    Date                      : 21/09/2015    Version                   : 2023.18.814.2015    INF file                  : C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem35.inf    Files                     : 2 total                                C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rtwlane.sys                                C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll    Type                      : Native Wi-Fi Driver    Radio types supported     : 802.11n 802.11g 802.11b================================================= netsh wlan show interfaces C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXX1111111    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72 &n... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-button-not-working-WiFi-option-in-mobility-center-is/td-p/5610909
Relevancy 68.37%

Wifi not connected and wifi button stay orange what I do tu resolve this problem... im so ............ plz help I try many mathods but they didn't work .........I need my wifi back....

A:wifi button light stay.orange and wifi.not connected

And I have HP 1000 notebook PC......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-button-light-stay-orange-and-wifi-not-connected/td-p/5609896
Relevancy 68.37%

hi
i have two wifi networks,
wifi 1 >> is on 192.168.1.x ip scheme and windows connects to it fine,
wifi 2 >> is on 192.168.43.x ip scheme
and when i disconnect from wifi 1 to connect to wifi 2, windows still shows old ip scheme of 192.168.1.x ip address and i cannot connect to wifi 2 properly. I have to set its ip address manually and then only i can access that network. other devices (phone, tablet) connects fine while switching from wifi 1 to wifi 2, so dhcp is working fine on both wifi.
any suggestions welcome.
thanks

A:switching from wifi 1 to wifi 2 doesnot assign proper ip address

Quote: Originally Posted by roshanrbb

hi
i have two wifi networks,
wifi 1 >> is on 192.168.1.x ip scheme and windows connects to it fine,
wifi 2 >> is on 192.168.43.x ip scheme
and when i disconnect from wifi 1 to connect to wifi 2, windows still shows old ip scheme of 192.168.1.x ip address and i cannot connect to wifi 2 properly. I have to set its ip address manually and then only i can access that network. other devices (phone, tablet) connects fine while switching from wifi 1 to wifi 2, so dhcp is working fine on both wifi.
any suggestions welcome.
thanks

I couldnt understand your Problem Completly.
But as per me researving IP address for your Computer in the Next router would solve your Problem.
Also please check if the router 2 has DHCP enabled in it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367011-switching-wifi-1-wifi-2-doesnot-assign-proper-ip-address.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I upgraded my friends HP laptop to Windows The issue now is I can't enable Wifi The card is recognized correctly in Device manager and no issues is found with it It looks like it is fine However in the Network Settings WLAN is set to quot Off quot and when I try to turn it on it always jumps right back to off eg I can't enable it HP is now help as they clearly state enable Upgrade Win10 after WiFi Can't Issue: Dreaded WiFi any laptop bought prior to specific date in will not get any driver updates from their side for windows Guys never buy HP again please And updating through device manager only tells me it's the newest driver available The Wifi card i Broadcom GN card I searched for win drivers but did not find anything They only offer linux drivers on their homepage So can anyone either provide a solution to the issue or link to a win ' driver for this wifi card

A:Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade

I had a similar issue were I was stuck in Aeroplane mode on a cleanly installed W10. Turned out I had to uninstall it from the HID's in Device manager. It's worth checking that he's not stuck in it too. Search for drivers in Windows 7, from the HP website and you'll most likely resolve the issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42424-dreaded-win10-wifi-issue-cant-enable-wifi-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 68.37%

from device manager network controller is yellow
this is windows 7 64 bit
dell latitude e6410

tried to install below drivers , all of them did not install need help
Network_Driver_WD35F_WN_5.100.235.12_A37.exe
Network_Driver_3MNPT_WN_15.10.0.10_A06.exe
NIC_DRVR_WIN_R254689.exe

A:wifi icon is red cross, also wifi light on laptop does not show up

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Select the Network Controller Right click select Property's ...

Then the Details Tab and Post any Info it says there ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357267-wifi-icon-red-cross-also-wifi-light-laptop-does-not-show-up.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I am looking to replace my tired Linksys WRT54G router that is about 10 years old. I love the router, and its even better with DD-WRT on it, but I'm starting to have troubles with the wifi dropping all the connects for a couple seconds when running all my wireless devices. I have 3 smart phones, 2 tablets, 1 Chromecast, a smart TV, and Roku + a laptop or 3 in my house right now, and it seems like its getting to be a bit much for it.
I have had to completely re-flash the firmware twice this year to get the wifi working again, so I'm thinking its time for replacement.
I have been thinking about just getting the new WRT54GL for $50, but I'm also thinking it might be a good idea to upgrade the wifi technology past wireless G .
I'm wondering if my Tablet (Nexu 9), and our smartphones (Razr HD Max) along with the Chromecast will take advantage of the new wireless standards and higher speeds or not? If they will can someone recomend a decent wireless router that takes DD-WRT nicely in the sub-$100 range? Thanks!

A:Looking for new Wifi Router - Will Tablet/Smartphone take advantage of new wifi Standards?

I been programming in Android/Linux since 2010 and there is code that supports VHT is Very High Throughput. Right now the standards are HT is High Throughput .

As for DD-WRT firmware is like your overclocking your router pushing it beyond the OEM limits. I use to use DD-WRT but had quit many years ago since the routers that used that firmware would fail too much.

So best to buy a better business type enterprise router wired then you can use WiFi router as AP or just get WiFi AP(access point). To me WiFi Router is also Wired Router, but to use just a wired router and use WiFi AP through a switch is better. If one or the other goes you can easy replace them. Where as if the WiFi Router fails you would need to replace it.

If you really want to use DD-WRT then Look at Buffalo WiFi Routers some come pre-installed with DD-WRT on them. Frankly you really don't need DD-WRT today because newer routers or WiFi routers are much better built and offer much more power NPU = network processor units and 128, 256, 512, 1GB of RAM some have Dual Cores.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-wifi-router-will-tablet-smartphone-take-advantage-of-new-wifi-standards.207572/
Relevancy 68.37%

I was at a home today and connected to their private home network on a Surface Pro 4. This showed their network as Connected. However, the internet kept going to a local open BT network instead! I couldn't select this open network anywhere to exclude it. Thinking about it now, I should have disabled/reenabled Wifi first, and then tried a reboot after that. But otherwise, is there any hidden setting to ignore certain networks?

A:Using 'open' access Wifi point instead of connected private wifi.

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

If the home where you were had a BT hub then it most probably was offering both an open connection also known as BT Wifi or BT Fon and also a secured wifi connection which would have an SSID number with a BThub name with some random numbers and letters. It is possible that you connected to the open one and were then automatically directed to a BT broadband page on the internet to pay for use of the BT hotspot service that they provide via customers routers. See this article for more info: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...fi-with-fon%3F

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47484-using-open-access-wifi-point-instead-connected-private-wifi.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, My laptop has a very weak wifi detection. Only when the wifi signal is very strong can it detect the wifi. I tried contacting HP regarding the same. They said it could be a loose connection with the wifi antenna. I have been waiting for the custumer service in my area to contact me(like HP promised!!!) for quite a long time now . Now I am in urgent need to get this fixed. I was wondering if an external wifi adapter would solve this issue. Mine is a Windows 10 laptop. Model no: ab030tx (pavilion). If an external adapter works, what would you suggest? (I am confused as a lot of products available in market only convert the laptop to a hotspot) 

A:Weak WiFi detection of laptop: will an external wifi adapter...

Dear Customer, In case if your laptop is under warranty, You may call  HP and will replace the Wireless card.Contact HPhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty However you may still use the External WIFI USB Adapters, I would like to share a document which helps how to choose the required Adapters.http://www.howtogeek.com/243330/how-to-choose-a-usb-wi-fi-adapter-for-your-laptop/ After trying you may search the model of the adapter online with Amazon for price details. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Weak-WiFi-detection-of-laptop-will-an-external-wifi-adapter/td-p/5852627
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello,

i just received my new PC with a brand new Gigabyte UD3H Wifi motherboard and a HD7950 GPU.

I installed all the drivers available from the Gigabyte website for some reason the wifi function simply does not work. Also, the screen plugged into the 7950 works fine but the other screen connected into the motherboard gets the message "no signal detected".
How can i fix this?

A:Gigabyte UD3H Wifi doesn't detect WiFi or second screen

Also, when I try to install the VGA drivers from gigabyte, I get the message "PC does not meet minimum requirements"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/254155-gigabyte-ud3h-wifi-doesnt-detect-wifi-second-screen.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Dear Forum nbsp I have not used the forum before and I am not very technically minded I have seen several posts and replies from members who nbsp have been dealing with nbsp a similar problem to me and I believe I nbsp have tried the solutions posted but nothing has worked so far nbsp I have a Compaq Presario CQ - SA Notebook lost 480SA 10 ... - install notebook after CQ57 wifi wifi - Win PC - Model B V EA nbsp I think it was bought in It was running Win and worked properly but I upgraded to Win in July and since then and despite a complete re-install there is no wireless functionality at all no wireless icon etc The physical wireless switch will not do anything except turn 'Airplane mode' on and off I have surfed various websites and the HP site and think that it maybe the wireless adapter but I am not sure I think my wireless adapter is aManufacturer Realtek Semiconductor Corp Description Realtek RTL CE b g n WiFi AdapterDriver version Driver date Physical address - - A- F-DB- DFile version CQ57 480SA notebook - wifi lost after Win 10 install - wifi ... nbsp I downloaded Piriform Speccy to identify my laptop's components in case this helps Operating System - Windows Home -bitCPU - Intel Celeron B GHz nbsp - Sandy Bridge nm TechnologyRAM - GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard - Hewlett-Packard CPU Graphics - Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel HD Graphics HP Storage - GB Seagate ST LM HN-M MBB SATA Optical Drives - hp DVDRAM GT NAudio - Realtek High Definition Audio nbsp Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated nbsp Best Regards nbsp - Renard

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/CQ57-480SA-notebook-wifi-lost-after-Win-10-install-wifi/td-p/5772244
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 67.94%

I use the laptops bulitin NIC to reach the Internet and then i added a Adapters Network Two , Loses Signal one usb wifi adapter to reach my security cameras Unfortunately after a few days the Connection to the Internet through the built in NIC is lost I have noticed a Solution that if I use a Proxy in the Webbrowser that the Laptops NIC connection to the Internet returns Both Networks run fine So I need to ask how i can enter a Proxy from my own personal router to the Webrowser If i use the VPN Proxy the internet slows down too much so i need to enter a Proxy that would be directly to my own router Therefore no speed limits I guess i could create a reserved Ip for my laptop in my router settings and then enter that as my local proxy But I would prefer a static ip and i Two Network Adapters , one Loses Signal dont want to have to enter that each time in the webbrowser network connection

A:Two Network Adapters , one Loses Signal

Open a cmd prompt type ipconfig /all then tracert 194.119.131.66 post both results

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402156-two-network-adapters-one-loses-signal.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Dear all I generally have good WiFI connection but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet which provides me with WiFI in our working space No problems here I have been noticing that on my laptop when I sit in the living space my internet connection is dropping WITHOUT randomly dropping WiFi connection through connection Internet losing connection to the WiFi network This makes me reset my adapter but mostly without succes Sometimes it spontaneously regains internet connectivity This happens at random to Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection me My cell phone doesn't have the same problem Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection nor does my Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection GF's computer I notice that when i go back to the workspace where wifi is distributed through my TP-link more often then not I instantly regain connection Which makes me think this is a problem of IP adress that is different when switching from Wifi through router and Wifi through TP-link Here is the runout for my ipconfig all and Output for 'netsh wlan show all' Windows IP Configuration docx Regards Robin

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57254-internet-connection-randomly-dropping-through-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have my LAN setup:
ADSL modem ->Router->Compute*r A , Computer B (wireless)

My laptop connects fine... but all of a sudden it just stops connecting to the internet. However the connection has a strong signal and still says it is connected...but it just lags and doesnt connect. Then it'll come back for little while. Sometimes I'll repair the wireless connection and it works again but only for a few minutes.

But here's a spooky thing....all this doesn't happen when i unplug my AC! that's right I'll have it plugged in to the power outlet, and wifi comes and goes...as soon as i unplug it and it runs on battery...the internet works fine...yikes

A:Solved: wifi connection coming and going..but LAN connection is fine

I can't see your exact positioning, but it sounds like you need to move your "brick" so that it is not interfering with the wireless signal when plugged in. When I forget, and start getting the same thing, I move mine at least a foot away from the wireless adaptor and out of the path to the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-connection-coming-and-going-but-lan-connection-is-fine.419751/
Relevancy 67.51%

(I cannot run the utility because I am unable to get online at all. Currently using my iPhone)

Recently switched to Comcast ISP and although my computer shows that my wifi is connected, I cannot get online . If I restart my laptop it may get me connected for a few minutes at the most then it will say "webpage not available"

Also when I connect to google chrome it is now giving me three windows, search conduit, search ask and default search .dont know why that is happening either .

Help! Not tech savy at all (clearly!)

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello , ihave an HP pavillion G71 340us that uses wifi link 1000 BG. I have my wifi drivers installed properly and everything set accordingly but when ever i turn on it on i cant see any wifi signals or any wifi at all to connect to . I am able to use a usb modem to connect to the internet but i cant use wifi because it doesnt show me available wifi to connect to.

A:My wifi card doesnt receive wifi signals

Dear Customer, Please try the below troubleshooting:http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=wirelessconnection.net&section=social   Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-card-doesnt-receive-wifi-signals/td-p/5841271
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, wifi is not connected properly. Network connection list is visible but try connect means,thrown error as unable to connect. After troubleshooting i am getting the below error message "Problem with wireless adaptor or access point".  Please suggest me to resolve the issue.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-connected-after-installed-ralink-wifi-adaptor/td-p/5677670
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 67.51%

HiHad this laptop for a few weeks now and never had trouble connecting to wifi at home. But today I am unable to connect to wifi and I did a troubleshoot and it says that the problem is - 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'I know the problem is my laptop and not the wifi as it is working fine on my iPad.Can someone help please?Thanks,Dee

A:Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Hi there @Dee85 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having troubles with connecting to your home network; I am happy to help. Have you tried connecting to a different network with this notebook?Does the wifi (available connections) show up on your notebook at all?Have you tried resetting your wireless router? The error you are getting sounds like the router is not passing on a local IP address to your notebook. The problem could be on either side of that. Try working through these.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-wifi-doesn-t-have-a-valid-IP/td-p/4902561
Relevancy 67.51%

i am using my HP Pavilion g4-2309tx about years.it is performing very well since last year.But two days ago i found that wifi in my laptop is not working and the wifi adaper rt3290 of my lapter overheating very badly.can anyone give me the solution of this problem?
my pc configuration is:
HP Pavilion g4-2309tx Model#4B12PA [personal information removed] os:windows8.

A:rt3290 wifi adapter over heating and wifi is not working

What led you to the assumption that the WLAN card in the notebook is overheating?  Have you previously had any problems with the WiFi?  Have you made any changes or software installations lately?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/rt3290-wifi-adapter-over-heating-and-wifi-is-not-working/td-p/5698177