Windows Support Forum

WiFi adapter does not work on my laptop

Q: WiFi adapter does not work on my laptop

Hi everyone

I have HP dv7 2015tx running windows 7 (64bit) and I have serious problem with wifi connectivity. in last few months the wifi connection started to malfunction and randomly detect and connect to hotspots. and then it stopped working completely after a while. I tried:

-reinstalling, upgrading .... the wireless driver
-using wifi dongle
-replacing the wifi card with a new one
and I found these can not help me in this issue. the same thing happened to my blutooth connectivity last year and after I reinstalled the windows it was all fixed. but this time im not planning to reinstall the windows again.
So in my point of view this problem might be fixed if I fix the way windows is detecting any wifi access !! is there any file missing in windows related to this ?!!

Please help me in this matter

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WiFi adapter does not work on my laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: WiFi adapter does not work on my laptop

Do you have a wifi router and that's causing you these problems
OR
are you having issues with accessing hotspots?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter-does-not-work-on-my-laptop.195037/
Relevancy 77.4%

So I accidently bent my Belkin surf and share WiFi adapter on my desktop, and the internet cut out. I assumed it was broken, so I plugged it into my laptop and turned the wifi switch to off to test it out. Strangely, it worked fine. Then I attempted other USB ports on my tower, none of them worked. The strange thing is I can see all of the available wifi networks, but can't connect to them. I tried uninstalling the drivers, restarting, and reinstalling but that doesn't seem to work. The chip is fine, as it worked on my laptop, but it refuses to work on the tower.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A:Belkin Surf and Share WiFi adapter Doesn't work on desktop, yet works on laptop

Buy an adapter that hasn't been physically damaged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-surf-and-share-wifi-adapter-doesnt-work-on-desktop-yet-works-on-laptop.1069005/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi, My laptop has a very weak wifi detection. Only when the wifi signal is very strong can it detect the wifi. I tried contacting HP regarding the same. They said it could be a loose connection with the wifi antenna. I have been waiting for the custumer service in my area to contact me(like HP promised!!!) for quite a long time now . Now I am in urgent need to get this fixed. I was wondering if an external wifi adapter would solve this issue. Mine is a Windows 10 laptop. Model no: ab030tx (pavilion). If an external adapter works, what would you suggest? (I am confused as a lot of products available in market only convert the laptop to a hotspot) 

A:Weak WiFi detection of laptop: will an external wifi adapter...

Dear Customer, In case if your laptop is under warranty, You may call  HP and will replace the Wireless card.Contact HPhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty However you may still use the External WIFI USB Adapters, I would like to share a document which helps how to choose the required Adapters.http://www.howtogeek.com/243330/how-to-choose-a-usb-wi-fi-adapter-for-your-laptop/ After trying you may search the model of the adapter online with Amazon for price details. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Weak-WiFi-detection-of-laptop-will-an-external-wifi-adapter/td-p/5852627
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello there I wrote alot of info about this but unfortunately it took so long that I lost it because it would tell me to log in again so I will summarize it for you now I have this USB Wifi adapter NETGEAR WNA http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E I just bought it and thought it would work but apparently it is def a Windows problem because I have tried it with these others USB adapters only My main objective is to create a hotspot for the house wirefree and no triping etc etc Airlink g old Works with XP but not on W blinks WifiMAX Dongle g also old Sometimes blinks at intervals TrendNET TEW- UB bought Wifi Solved: on Work Adapter won't USB W7 last year Light stays on no longer blinks Netgear WNA arrived just a few hours ago I made it blink now with its Solved: Wifi USB Adapter won't Work on W7 software I have tried netgear -rebooting -installing uninstalling drivers -uninstalling itunes -Using a W procedure for it -tried using different software -Some other stuff I have not tried a HKEY codes for it My biggest problem is that the quot Disabled quot status is stuck and I cannot re-enable it If there is a way to override this I would be happy to hear it Using Windows Ultimate Gigabyte Motherboard AMD chipset For the only one that is enabled Airlink it has some funny stuff on the status like Gbps and doesn t have ipv connectivity http img photobucket com albums v WhiteWolfos png Help much appreciated like always nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I have a friend who has an HP Pavilion G running a -bit edition of Windows He brought the laptop to me telling me he had issues connecting to wifi networks I did the normal check to see if the PC was detecting Adapter Help! Hp Ralink Won't G6 Wifi Pavilion On Work the Wifi Adapter itself by going to Device Manager gt Network Adapters only for me to get there and find out there were no Wifi network adapters only a quot Realtek Ethernet Controller quot I checked HP's website for the laptop's model's wifi driver downloaded and installed it and got a prompt that the driver wasn't installed correctly The F key that's supposed to turn the wifi adpater on didn't do anything I decided to do a system restore to the last time my friend told me it was working and yet nothing I'm guessing its a hardware related issue and I might have to open up the network adapter compartment of the laptop and place the Help! Ralink Wifi Adapter Won't Work On Hp Pavilion G6 adapter properly I'm so confused right now

A:Help! Ralink Wifi Adapter Won't Work On Hp Pavilion G6

Hi there. The card may be seated improperly, but you may want to try a few things first. Go to Device Manager and check "Show hidden devices" on the "View" tab. If it doesn't show up then it may well have to be reseated or the card went bad. Also, if you open it up, have a can of compressed air to clean the thing out. Being that it's a few years old, it's probably dusty. Make sure it's unplugged from a power source, the battery is removed, and take necessary precautions on static electricity before opening the case. I highly suggest doing a study of this procedure before performing.

Here's another fix you may want to try if the system does recognize the card:

Solution for issues connecting wifi or wireless using Ralink... - HP Support Forum - 2248179

Good luck and please report how it goes.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/48300-help-ralink-wifi-adapter-wont-work-hp-pavilion-g6.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi chaps, i recently bought a wifi adapter capable of 300mbps, as apposed to my old 54mbps adapter, and an active 10m extension.

now the extension does power the adapter, but the cpu doesnt seem to recognize the adapter is plugged in, but if i plug the adapter straight into the computer then it all works fine.

other people seem to have no problem at all doing this to achieve better signal.

am i missing something?....here is the lead i bought.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320698941628?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

cheers

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi!

I'm stuck trying to get the Nintendo Wifi connector to work as a USB wireless adapter to connect me wireless to the internet with my wireless Speedtouch 585 router.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks alot!

A:Solved: How to get Nintendo WiFi to work as a Wireless USB Adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-get-nintendo-wifi-to-work-as-a-wireless-usb-adapter.618048/
Relevancy 65.36%

This question is similar to quot no network access on nd nic quot by drowe buy since it is old the post Onboard - Wifi W7 work simultaneously? USB disallows adapter to NIC suggested asking in a new thread I have an HP W Home Premium PC I have W7 - Onboard NIC disallows USB Wifi adapter to work simultaneously? a wired connection on-systemboard network interface to a Belkin g router but the router is not physically connected to the internet no ethernet cable out to a cable modem whatever The router connects several necessary peripherals - mostly wirelessly to the main PC and another W PC All this stuff worked prior to a move to a new location There is freely accessible Wifi in range public library - wherein I could concievably carry the whole PC and use their WiFi with their blessing lt lt NOTE My wife and I are members of the library There is no requirement to be within the library when using their hotspot W7 - Onboard NIC disallows USB Wifi adapter to work simultaneously? I can provide a link to the terms and conditions and acceptable use policy pages This is not the thrust of this post gt gt I attached a USB Wifi adapter to the PC to avail myself of the free service but W will not allow the Wifi adapter to be seen until I detach the ethernet wire Then it will allow me to see the available network and connect How does W or the system board look at network Are they onboard NIC and USB mutually exclusive Do I need a separate ethernet adapter card or a separate USB adapter card to create a different quot channel quot that would allow the two networks to coexist Thanks for your help

A:W7 - Onboard NIC disallows USB Wifi adapter to work simultaneously?

Friends and Fellow Geeks,

Thank you for the responses and suggestions.

I find that struggling to frame a question that won't take you and me down long side paths and clarifications, actually helps order my thought processes in thinking about solving the problem. Other times, it reminds me of how much there is to know out there, and without good technical support (that's you folks!), I would be adrift at sea. Then someone smacks me on the head with an oar, and and says, Snap Out Of It!, and I proceed to the solution.

Ultimately, the solution for me included running an ethernet cable from the non-internet-connected router to the second PC, setting up static IP's for that network, killing the gateway and dns for them, and letting the wireless usb adapters do their thing for the wifi internet access.

The brain-fart had been that I was trying to force two networks on one adapter on the second PC - what was I thinking? Some times I need that smack upside the head.

Thanks again.

G00k

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153580-w7-onboard-nic-disallows-usb-wifi-adapter-work-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have an to USB Wifi NIC disallows simultaneously? adapter Onboard Solved: work - W7 HP W Home Premium PC I have a wired connection on-systemboard network interface to a Belkin g router but the router is not physically connected Solved: W7 - Onboard NIC disallows USB Wifi adapter to work simultaneously? to the internet no ethernet cable out to a cable modem whatever The router connects several necessary peripherals - mostly wirelessly to the main PC and another W PC All this stuff worked prior to a move to a Solved: W7 - Onboard NIC disallows USB Wifi adapter to work simultaneously? new location There is freely accessible Wifi in range public library - wherein I could concievably carry the whole PC and use their WiFi with their blessing I attached a USB Wifi adapter to the PC to avail myself of the free service but W will not allow the Wifi adapter to be seen until I detach the ethernet wire Then it will allow me to see the available network and connect How does W or the system board look at network Are they onboard NIC and USB mutually exclusive Do I need a separate ethernet adapter card or a separate USB adapter card to create a different quot channel quot that would allow the two networks to coexist nbsp

A:Solved: W7 - Onboard NIC disallows USB Wifi adapter to work simultaneously?

There is freely accessible Wifi in range (public library - wherein I could concievably carry the whole PC and use their WiFi with their blessing).Click to expand...

And that's exactly the idea. Unless they have a most liberal policy the Wi-Fi is for their patrons while on premises. If they allow your off-site use please PM me a link to their policy. Closing this for now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-w7-onboard-nic-disallows-usb-wifi-adapter-to-work-simultaneously.988534/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Everyone, we've a Problem. After we've updated a HP ThinClient T610 to the newest ThinPro Version (5.2.x) it doesn't recognized the WIFI Adapter anymore. I've tested it with another one, but even this one doesn't work. Does anyone have an idea what it could be? Or is there a list with the supported WIFI Adapter on it? It would be great if anyone could help us. We should provide a solution to the customer. By the way: the adapter ist shown in the USB-Manager. But it doesn't recognize it as a WIFI Adapter. It's just there that i could redirect it to the session, not to connect to a Wireless-Network. Many thanks!Alex

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T610-WIFI-Adapter-doesn-t-work-after-ThinPro-5-2-Update/td-p/5711207
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys I got hp 15-r001tu laptop  windows 10 64bit I wanted to upgrade my wifi adapter that is currently Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn This hardware is causing a nuisance for me from the day I bought and I have tried all the settings I could but its getting worse So would like to get advice from you tech guys on which wireless adapter to buy; model and a good brand other than ralinkthat is compatible with my laptop and also taking heed of 'hp whitelist'Also to be noted is that my laptop has bluetooth so is combo adapter necessary? Help needed!

A:Upgrage Wifi adapter for Hp 15 laptop

Hi, Please check s list on the first few pages of the first manual on the following link:       http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/6875200/model/7049694/manuals Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Upgrage-Wifi-adapter-for-Hp-15-laptop/td-p/5594995
Relevancy 63.21%

hey please help switch on my wifi half mini card on when i switch on the adapter switch only the bluetooth works my laptop is a Dell adapter found wifi no laptop on vostro win bit the wifi has never worked nor appeared under icons since before Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All no wifi adapter found on laptop rights reserved C Users Goldwin gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Goldwin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node no wifi adapter found on laptop Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C -CB- -B - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D-A -B - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes no wifi adapter found on laptop Link-local IPv Address fe f d f f f a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September PM Lease Expires September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BC- -F -F - D-A -B - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D E - - BA - BEE-D E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c f ff fffc Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c f ff fffc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap ECAD DEE-B - A -B - AAC D FD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Goldwin gt nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I have an Asus laptop with Windows 8.1 X64 System,
since i got it i installed Alfa '' AWUS036H'' wireless adapter and it was working just fine,
But few months ago i deleted something by mistake and since then the alfa adapter isn't working any more..
i've tried every thing i could to fix it but i keep failing so far,
now when i connect the adapter to the usb port it keeps turning it self on and off and the usb drive mark on the tool bar keeps flashing till i remove it again,

can any one please help me fixing this?
Regards

A:Wifi adapter keeps turning off on Asus laptop

well go to the website of the usb wifi adapter and download the latest driver/software..

uninstall the anything you see related to the usb wifi adapter.. like in your "programs and features" .. uninstall the wifi adapter drivers..

then restart your computer.. take out your usb adapter.. restart..

then leave your usb adapter unplugged and then run ccleaner if you have it and registry clean.. and then install the software/driver you downloaded from your maker of the usb wifi adapter.. then plug in your usb wifi adapter..

start with that.. thats a rough way to do it..

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59549-wifi-adapter-keeps-turning-off-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have an Asus laptop with a Atheros AR wireless network adapter I've owned the laptop for a year and a half Asus laptop adapter keeps Wifi on off turning and never had a problem until the last - weeks The wireless adapter turns itself off randomly I can be in the middle of something and my connection is gone I click on troubleshooting and it tells me it is off so I turn it back on and it will work for a while longer until it decides to do it again I have disabled all other network adapters I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them I don't know what is causing this It all started after I hooked up a router via ethernet to set it up about months ago It was only connected for minutes while I set it up but ever since then my wifi adapter will not stay on Like I said it happens when I'm using the computer not just when it's idle Any ideas what I could try Thanks Scott

A:Wifi adapter keeps turning off on Asus laptop

Hello,

Does your connection disappear at random times? You might want to take a look at my thread as we have possibly the same problem. If we do, we could help each other when finding the solution.

I have got win 7 64-bit on asus laptop as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336040-wifi-adapter-keeps-turning-off-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I am trying to get my WiFi adapter to work on my desktop.

I had been using quite happily for quite some time, then it just decided to stop working.

I have tried numerous things to get it to work...
Un-installed and Re-installed the drivers.
Tried to make windows forget all the networks I currently had.
Reset the router numerous times.

The adapter definitley works because I am able to see all the wifi networks around me.

I can connect to my phone when I make that a hotspot.

And when I plug the adapter into my laptop it can connect to the wifi easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.

I'm running windows 7 and the adapter is a Belkin Play N600

A:WiFi Adapter. Works on Laptop, but not Desktop

plug the adapter it the desktop and lets see an xirrus screen shot and also a device manager screen shot please
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx ( the site now appears to require a business email, so try the direct link below)
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres alternative links

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.
Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.tec... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-works-on-laptop-but-not-desktop.1100348/
Relevancy 61.49%

hey guys the other day i thot of using maryfi to create a access point from my laptop but then i found out that theres no virtual wifi adapter installed or detected in my laptop.. my lap is a dell L502x running win 8.. pls help thank you

A:no virtual wifi adapter or any device found in my laptop

This particular modem should have a wireless adapter. Try opening
Control Panel > Network and Sharing Centre > on the left side there is "Change Adapter Settings", click on it > Your wireless adapter should be there. Right click it, and enable if need to do so.

If you don't see any wireless adapter, then update us further and if possible also a screen-shot of that window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-virtual-wifi-adapter-or-any-device-found-in-my-laptop.1123599/
Relevancy 58.91%

So, all of a sudden, my laptops dvd rom stopped working. It shows up in device manager, and says it is working, but it won't read anything that I put into it. In addition. My wireless card shows no available wireless networks, though there is one here in my home and another computer here in my home shows 5 of them locally. My son was home for a bit and was playing with it. It is possible something happened, but I am wondering how to fix it...where to begin. Please help!

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I have an HP pavillion desktop s f with Atheros a b g n Dualband Wireless Module and D-Link router DIR- My numerous Laptops and iPhons iPads work fine but "n" Atheros doesn't router work Wifi with adapter this desktop which is further away from the router in another room about meters only shows - bars of wifi First I bought a Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router big additional D-Link antenna Ghz Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router but it didn't really help - sometimes connction shows bars I was told this antenna should help a lot Then I checked with my router settings and saw that the HP Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router uses quot g quot connection when everything else uses quot n quot I even set it to only use quot n quot but still it shows the HP using quot g quot I updated the driver Atheros for AR B but it didn't help I have quot n quot enabled in Atheros in Device manager Now I'm lost and can't think of anything else that can be a problem and or how to fix it I don't have any thick walls between the router and the HP my iPhone seems to work in this room just fine Please help THANK YOU

A:Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router

Out of curoisity, are you suffering any symptoms of lack of signal qualities (glitchy video/slow connectivity)?

And what speed does the HP Desktop show it being connected at?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201016-atheros-wifi-adapter-doesnt-work-n-router.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I bought a Asus work My Asus laptop's Also WiFi won't K a Rbr October and have had similar issues that you describe and Asus's support is disappointing as is Walmart returns as I bought online went to return it days after rec'd via FedEx but forget my slip so then I end up having surgery and laid up but returned to Walmart to return or repair My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work as there is a year warranty I was told too late to return cause I bought online so I ask Asus support phone so I could bring it for repairs Walmart could not find Asus or phone number in their manufacture products they sell it just was not in the big book she looked thru I had no wireless for over a month and finally called Verizon support to walk me thru putting in more secure wireless MAC My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work address and I have had no connection problems since I also got in touch with Asus support and they walked me thru a partition or recovery of partial recovery which also helped although I wanted a clean reinstall and a CD sent to do a reinstall but I had to pay for a recovery CD so I am still waiting My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work as it has not been shipped out and they do not know when but they took my Cathy Edit Split off to prevent confusion Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486443/my-asus-laptops-wifi-also-wont-work/
Relevancy 58.05%

I m not sure if work Asus WiFi won't laptop's My this is in the right place so you can move it if it s not I have an Asus K e-BBR laptop running Windows Home Premium bit I ve had it for years I didn t have trouble with the WiFi for a few months but then it started acting up I of course factory reset many times etc and it didn t help There was a cycle The built-in wasn t working so I put in the dongle Then after a while of using the dongle the My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work built-in WiFi took over started working and I could unplug Anyway this was a year ago I took it to Best Buy and they apparently fixed it but it acted up again the day after I got it and then worked for a few months before I had trouble with it again My hard drive failed so I took it to another computer shop and got a new hard drive and I think there might be something wrong with the drivers even though I ve installed uninstalled downloaded from website and updated etc Now here s what happens When turn on my computer for the first time or wake it up from sleep the WiFi built in doesn t work it can t connect to any networks I My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work have to turn off the WiFi antenna with Fn-F and then click troubleshoot where it says no connections are available It then goes through troubleshooting and and then has an option for quot turn on wireless capability I click on it and it turns on the antenna wireless capability and it works This is consistent I can always get it to work that way though sometimes it takes more than try Can you help me fix this Thank you New I did a clean reinstall of Windows not the built in one but the from CD one On the advice of someone in another forum It now doesn t even work when I click troubleshoot

A:My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work

New: I did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 (not the built in one, but the from CD one). On the advice of someone in another forum. It now doesn't
even work when I click troubleshoot.

Did you install the drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482464/my-asus-laptops-wifi-wont-work/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, I can't connect my laptop to my WiFi. I have windows 10 and not the best with computers... I know my WiFi works cuz my BlackBerry is using it right now. I go into settings and turn it on. When I close settings the icon on the bottom of my desktop that shows connectivity shows an X and says it's turned off. **bleep**?!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/cant-get-wifi-to-work-on-my-laptop-desperately-need-help/td-p/5650651
Relevancy 58.05%

My laptop doesn't work with wifi when I first open it. It will show at the bottom of the screen that it is fully connected and has full bars, but when I open the internet the pages will not open. I must restart the computer and then it will work. How can I fix this?

A:Laptop doesn't work with wifi

When the WiFi is active, the laptop NIC should be disabled - - easy - - just unplug the the cable to the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-work-with-wifi.201724/
Relevancy 57.62%

I've been trying to use my MicroSD card adapter in my laptop's SD card slot, but it won't even read or recognize that it is there. I've tried and external SD reader and that won't work either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transcend-microsd-card-adapter-will-not-work-when-plugged-into-laptop.157237/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I have an Asus K e-BBR laptop running Windows Home Premium bit I've WiFi Asus laptop's My doesn't work had it for years I didn't have trouble with the WiFi for a My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work few months but then it My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work started acting up I of course factory reset many times etc and it didn't help There was a cycle The built-in wasn't working so I put in the dongle Then after a while of using the dongle the built-in WiFi took over started working and I could unplug Anyway this was a year ago I took it to Best Buy and they apparently fixed it but it acted up again the day after I got it and then worked for a few months before I had trouble with it again My hard drive failed so I took it to another computer shop and got a new hard drive and I think there might be something wrong with the drivers even though I've installed uninstalled downloaded from website and updated etc Now here's what happens When turn on my computer for the first time or wake it up from sleep the WiFi built in doesn't work it can't connect to any networks I have to turn off the WiFi antenna with Fn-F and then click troubleshoot where it says 'no connections are available' It then goes through troubleshooting and and then has an option for quot turn on wireless capability' I click on it and it turns on the antenna wireless capability and it works This is consistent I can always get it to work that way though sometimes it takes more than try Can you help me fix this Thank you

A:My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work

Most tech enthusiasts would never run the corrupt factory preinstall with all of the bloatware that throttles Win7 native performance, but instead get the superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Follow the steps about putting your wireless driver in your backup so if it isn't provided by installer you can install it to connect to your netowrk and get online quickly.

Then if you stick with the tools and methods given in the tutorial only, you'll get and keep a perfect install for as long as you do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274473-my-asus-laptops-wifi-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I went and disabled some services from running, nothing important, just the ones listed here (very bottom): http://www.computing-tips.com/2008/06/02/how-to-make-windows-xp-run-faster/
I also followed their advice on the BIOS (last paragraph just above Disable GUI Options )

Now my laptop won't show the wireless icon, and won't connect to wifi. Can someone tell me which service may have done this?

Thanks,
Aza

A:Tried to speed up laptop, now wifi doesn't work

Hi:Hopefully you did not run regcleaner.right ?
Let's start by doing two things:
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
• WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
• Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic (or perhaps manual).

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Can you make a wired connection through the router ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tried-to-speed-up-laptop-now-wifi-doesnt-work.928702/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys,

I've got a Dell work laptop. It has McAfee Safeboot and other work related security things. I don't have many "privileges" on the machine. It connects to my work wifi network just fine (automatically) but I can't get it to connect to any wifi networks outside of work. If go to network settings and look at the wireless adapter and view available wifi networks, nothing comes up. It looks like the laptop has an alternative program that controls network adapter (Dell network adapter program) but it won't open when I double click it.

Any thoughts on where to start? What more info would you like?

-eamon

A:Connect work laptop to home wifi

Have a talk with your work IT department and see if they can check it out for you. Then I would make sure that all the drivers are updated, not through MS but through each vendors website, especially the network adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/177144-connect-work-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 57.62%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 56.76%

So I wanted to restore my PC by down grading from win8 to win7 ( I've done that many times )
but I never use the same .iso file, and this time, when I download the proper file to get my wifi working ( I'm using an asus k55a ) it unfortunately doesn't work.

It says "The installation XML file is either missing or corrupted. The setup application will exit! "
I've searched and I couldn't find any help to get this problem gone so I decided to go back to window 8, but I'm not able to boot from any .iso file, neither in window7
For some reasons I can only boot from DVD/CD but when I get to boot nothing happen ...

So I'm a bit stuck here, if someone could give me any advice that would be much appreciated,

regards, william.

A:Can't get wifi driver to work on Asus K55A laptop

You dloaded the driver directly from Asus and it still says it`s corrupted ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358346-cant-get-wifi-driver-work-asus-k55a-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I am experiencing a problem since i upgraded to windows 10 my laptop  My wifi dont works for example: I am opening my laptop and my wifi works well but then when i physically move my laptop it dosent work, i saw this problem happening to other people and they fixed it but i dont know how to fix it i tried everything what i saw in youtube and google and more please help me!! -AliB2   

A:My wifi dosen't work when i physically move my laptop

@AliB2? System:HP ENVY 15-u010dx x360 Convertible PC (ENERGY STAR) If you have not done so yet, check and install your HP drivers for Windows 10. If your setup allows it, you can try increasing the wireless signal strength. Settings to Improve Wireless ConnectivitySee Section(s) titled:  Wifi Power ManagementNotebook wireless balks or won?t stay connected when running on battery When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-dosen-t-work-when-i-physically-move-my-laptop/td-p/5810947
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. When I am at work the wifi connection works perfectly fine. However when I go home the wifi is extremely spotty. It will work and then randomly I will have trouble opening a webpage or checking my email. It will say my network connection is unavailable. The strange thing is my wife's wifi on her laptop will work perfectly fine even when mine is not. Is there a setting on my laptop that is getting messed up as I move between networks? Thanks for the help.

A:Wifi is fine at work but spotty at home on just my laptop

it maybe the signal strength
lets have a look at the signal at home
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-is-fine-at-work-but-spotty-at-home-on-just-my-laptop.1158206/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am desperate. really really desperate, I don't know what to do anymore

I spent a lot of money on a new gaming pc and it has been a complete nightmare from the start. I have wireless network at home so I had to het a usb wifi adapter, the Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter.

Its setup cannot complete because it is stuck eternally at "detecting adapter"

I sought online but it's only people reporting the problem and NOBODY giving a solution. pleas pleeeaaaase somebody help.

A:Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter stuck detecting adapter

Power down PC...while it off remove USB wifi adapter....power on PC. When PC has finished booting up, search in the uninstall programs list for any software related Netgear and uninstall it. Reboot and start the process again.

According to the system requirements for that device, it does not support windows 10, which may be you issue.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/fil...DS_03Jul13.pdf

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/128908-netgear-n300-wifi-usb-mini-adapter-stuck-detecting-adapter.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Please help!

There was a power outage in my apartment last night and my laptop was plugged in at the time. Now when my power cable is plugged into my laptop I cant receive wifi!! Ive double checked and whenever the laptop is just running on batteries it can receive wifi. This is so weird and Im worried the power outage broke something inside my laptop.

The laptop is am Acer Aspire 5100 and the wifi is a Linksys router.

Thankyou, thank you, thank you in advance!

Tania

A:Wifi doesnt work when power cable plugged in to laptop

Perhaps something has happened to the power adaptor. If you can find an identical adaptor with the same voltage and amperage output, try it at your home.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-doesnt-work-when-power-cable-plugged-in-to-laptop.684491/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I registered to forums to get help to solve wireless adapter issue I am having I have been looking for help to IP could Wifi adapter network stack protocol bind not adapter in Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter Lenovo forums and AV provider problem is still on Background I changed AV software from Symantec to F-Secure I uninstalled Symantec software and installed F-Secure software Laptop is Lenovo T What happened First I recognized that ping commands caused Windows to crash Then I uninstalled some VPN softwares and ping started to work Operation did something to wireless and LAN connections they did not work anymore LAN started to work by removing LAN drivers from device manager and reboot After reboot Windows reinstalled LAN drivers and LAN was ok Wireless is a pain in there I have tried almost everything All Lenovo provided network softwares and power management tools are uninstalled and reinstalled together with wireless drivers Wireless driver is not recognized by Windows None of automatic repairs or wifi uninstallation operations have corrected problem I collected some logs which might help but now I do not know how to proceed Windows reinstallation is something which I do not want to do ------ Device Manager Device Manager has quot Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter There are no devices with exclamation marks ------ Lenovo software diagnose repair log Issues found Detection details There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter Detected Detected Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter Set up the wireless network adapter Completed Set up the network adapter to communicate with this network This ensures that both Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv and Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv can be used on the network adapter InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name BF E - CA- E E- EDA- D CDCCE Repair Admin etl The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Completed Windows Help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues Detection details Expand InformationalDiagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Manufacturer Intel Corporation Provider Intel Version Inf File Name C Windows INF oem inf Inf File Date July Section Name Install MPCIEX Lenovo HMC BGN WIN Hardware ID pci ven amp dev amp subsys Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type ------- It seems there is collision between Windows registry and device manager What can I do to repair wireless Thank for your help

A:Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter

Hi Ron, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Try this to start

Control Panel > Administration Tools > Computer Management > Services & Applications > Services.

Scroll down this list to find 'WLAN Auto Config'

Double click on 'WLAN Auto Config' On the general tab, select from the start up type drop down menu, select 'Automatic'. Under Service Status click on 'Start'. Then 'Apply' these settings and exit from all open control panel windows.

This should then allow Windows to set the required bindings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314713-wifi-adapter-could-not-bind-ip-protocol-stack-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When i was using windows 8 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But i updated to windows 8.1 and now when am downloading something the wifi gets disconnected and wont show the network even if the router is on and my phone is still connected to it.I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.Is this because of the adapter or driver and my laptop has a ralink wifi adapter.What should i do?Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 wifi issue ralink wifi adapter and envy 15t j001...

Goutham, Welcome to the HP Forum. You might try the following Ralink driver for Windows 8.1 :sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1 [Devices] (Hardware Ids)PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3592="Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090="Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539A="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290="Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7630="Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter "Your computer's webpage does show a few drivers for Windows 8.1:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j001tx Notebook PC Drivers  Hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? to the HP Experts who are here to help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-wifi-issue-ralink-wifi-adapter-and-envy-15t/td-p/3117459
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 55.47%

This resembles http forums techguy org networking -solved-can-no-longer-connect html but only my laptop can t access my home wifi - all others can I spent a leisurely weekend at an Atlanta LaQuinta and as I always do I tapped into their network with my laptop Toshiba Satellite XP The signal was weak so I found an unsecured wifi signal from an apartment complex next door which worked fine for a few hours then slowed as the signal weakened I don t know why So I grabbed an ethernet cable and did a direct connect I was half asleep and didn t really get what was going on when their portal management program said laptop status No adapter healthy" "Network wifi: not something about an incompatibility and gave me the choice to disable my wireless connection which I did Then for the next day and a half all functioned well Yesterday afternoon I checked out and powered my laptop down I arrived home powered back No laptop wifi: "Network adapter status not healthy" up and my laptop couldn t find the home wifi network My wife s laptop accesses the network fine The Wireless Network Connection says quot Disabled Firewalled quot and telling it to enable fails I ran the diagnostics and network adapter identification seems OK Then I get these messages info - Network connection status Disconnected info - Network adapter hardware problem This device is disabled warn - Network adapter status not healthy action - Automated repair Enable network connection action - Enabling the network adapter error - Failed while enabling the network adapter warn - The repair attempt failed and a bunch more Ad-Aware found no malware Avira Antivir found no infections but quot suspicious quot files Now what nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Guru's Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter It happened so many times Sometimes it used to come back to normal when with off good with Adapter Internet and works -laptop in works but Wifi on Built i switch my Modem amp router off and turn Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter it on this time it does not work even if i restart my modem and router But it works perfectly fine when i attach a Wiressless adapter to Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter Laptop Any help is appreciated Posting Minitool box log amp FSS log below MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Vinodh administrator on - - at Running from C Documents and Settings Vinodh My Documents Downloads Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content localhost IP Configuration Net Adapter Connection Connected Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Local Area Connection Media disconnected Intel reg PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Wireless Network Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- Interface IP Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ip Interface IP Configuration for Local Area Connection set address name Local Area Connection source dhcp set dns name Local Area Connection source dhcp register PRIMARY set wins name Local Area Connection source dhcp Interface IP Configuration for Wireless Network Connection set address name Wireless Network Connection source dhcp set dns name Wireless Network Connection source dhcp register PRIMARY set wins name Wireless Network Connection source dhcp popd End of interface IP configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name vinu Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - F-B -CA- -AF Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel reg PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - - -BA- B-DD Server UnKnown Address Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again Server UnKnown Address Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter and try again Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Interface List x MS TCP Loopback interface x f b ca af Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport x ba b dd Intel reg PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric Persistent Routes None Winsock entries Catalog C Windows System mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows System winrnr dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows System mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Program Files Bonjour mdnsNSP dll Apple Inc Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows system mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation ... Read more

A:Internet works on and off with Built in Wifi -laptop but works good with Adapter

Hello are you still having issues? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486181/internet-works-on-and-off-with-built-in-wifi-laptop-but-works-good-with-adapter/
Relevancy 55.04%

i am using my HP Pavilion g4-2309tx about years.it is performing very well since last year.But two days ago i found that wifi in my laptop is not working and the wifi adaper rt3290 of my lapter overheating very badly.can anyone give me the solution of this problem?
my pc configuration is:
HP Pavilion g4-2309tx Model#4B12PA [personal information removed] os:windows8.

A:rt3290 wifi adapter over heating and wifi is not working

What led you to the assumption that the WLAN card in the notebook is overheating?  Have you previously had any problems with the WiFi?  Have you made any changes or software installations lately?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/rt3290-wifi-adapter-over-heating-and-wifi-is-not-working/td-p/5698177
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 54.61%

I bought the laptop with Win 8.1 installed. I was able to use Connectify software to tether internet connection from the ethernet to my phone through WiFi. After upgrading to Windows 10, trying to start a hotspot with the Connectify software throws the error "Your Wi-Fi adapter does not support AP mode. Please try updating the drivers for your Wi-Fi adapter". Trying to start a hotspot through command prompt using 'netsh wlan.....' throws the error "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" In the device manager, Driver Name :  Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 AdapterDriver Version : 7.35.344.0Driver Date :  1/26/2016 Seems updated. But, I am still not able to start a hotspot to tether the connection. Can anyone help me solve the problem?   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Adapter-Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-M-2-Adapter/td-p/5689992
Relevancy 54.61%

I just bought a brand new Asus K52F and when the laptop goes into sleep mode the "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter & WiFi Miniport Adapter #2" fail. When i turn the computer back on i have trouble connecting to the internet, and the devices have error (code 43). I can still connect to the internet though. I have re-downloaded the drivers, rolled them back, updated them, everything but it hasn't worked. Any help would be sweet.

Also can anyone tell me what the white light up button next to the power button does??

A:WiFi Miniport Adapter/Adapter #2 Error

The virtual wifi mini port adaptor is used as a virtual wifi device so you can turn your machine into a wireless AP "access point" either with commands or the connectify software. The adaptor sometimes activates itself and causes problems, even when your not using it as an access point.

It should fix the problem if you go into device manager, go to "view" top of page, then choose "show hidden devices" which should allow you to see the mini port, disable the virtual mini port adaptor and that should fix the problem.

That little button next to the power button is a reset button, it's like restarting but a little different.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/129330-wifi-miniport-adapter-adapter-2-error.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Actually my wifi adapter can catch all other wifi signal except my wifi router.

A:my notebook wifi adapter don't get my wifi router

There are several resons.1. The wifi signal might be too weak at the point where the computer is.2. Other device radiation/signals might be blocking it.3. Your router signal might be hodden (check EWS of router).4. Signal broadcasting might have been turned off on router. Since other signals are found on the computer, there shouldnt be a issue with your couputer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-notebook-wifi-adapter-don-t-get-my-wifi-router/td-p/5725324
Relevancy 53.75%

Everyone's had the problem of wanting to disable the wifi miniport, or enable it to share wifi.

I have a different problem. I would like to change which wireless device the wifi miniport uses, as the external USB wireless adapter I was using died. I cannot see the wifi miniport adapter without that device attached, it seems. I don't even know if the wifi adapter even as options to select which wireless card to use even if I could get it to appear.

Is there a way to do this without having to resort to reinstalling Windows 7?

I am fairly familiar with netsh. No command line option seems to be available to switch network adapters for the wifi miniport.

It also appears that it will simply not switch to the only wireless network adapter detected, and I know it will host a virtual wifi network, I've done ICS/AdHoc before.

A:How does one change which wifi adapter the wifi miniport uses?

I tried the solution in this link: How to change default Microsoft Virtual WiFi miniport adapter?

This did not work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/341191-how-does-one-change-wifi-adapter-wifi-miniport-uses.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi
To clarify, my laptop Lenovo Y510p is able to connect wifi by it self, but it's wireless card is 802.11n, it only can use 2.4 ghz. So i decide to add a wifi adapter D-link DWA 160,  with updated driver. And every time i use the adapter to wifi, it disable
itself from laptop, also a lot of time it disconnect even i was not using it. when i open the change adapter setting, the adapter go 1) attempting to authenticate 2)enable 3) disable 4) gone for 1 second and back to attempting to authenticate again. The entire
process only need 5 second. And i want it to stop doing that.Please Help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f95bd229-2e72-47f2-a60d-52d21b026872/wifi-adapter-keep-disconnecting-when-connected-to-wifi?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Netgear WGR614v9 router and was wondering if its possible to use this as a wireless adapter for my computer?? I think it might support the DDWRT open source firmware??? I am wanting to do this STRICTLY as a learning purpose.

Relevancy 53.75%

So, there are many articles out there that will show you how to use cmd prompt to create a wifi hotspot (eg: this article Internet Connection Sharing - Create WiFi HotSpot)

However, is there anyway to do this with TWO separate wifi adapters? That is, use one adapter to connect to your router and the other to act as the router? Some articles seem to indicate this is the ideal setup but no one seems to specify how to control which wifi adapter is used to create the wifi hostpot in command prompt.

Thanks for any help.

If I can get the basics to work, the next step is to try to integrate a VPN so that I can basically use my PC as a VPN router (but with no physical ethernet connection).

A:Creating Wifi hotspot using SECOND wifi adapter

It is no different than bridging an Ethernet and Wifi adapter.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/69140-creating-wifi-hotspot-using-second-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a perfectly running PC and a working wireless adapter but funny thing is that my home wifi cant be detected while neighbor's wifi are listed down. The problem occur whenever I send my PC to repair, after the whole process when I want to get my PC connected to the internet but just cant. It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters, I dont want to keep buying new wireless adapters just to search for my own wifi. My other devices worked fine with my home wifi as I am typing this on my Iphone instead because my PC cant detect my own wifi !!!!!! VERY FURIOUS.

thanks for reading and i really hope for an answer as soon as possible because i just wana dota on my new PC.. please help me.

A:Wifi adapter can detect other wifi but not my own wifi

It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters,Click to expand...

has that resoved the issue or not
it maybe the signal is broadcasting on channel 12/13

can you connect the pc directly to the router with a cable and then
Download and install
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

Note:

Windows XP

Vista or Windows 7

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
see here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-can-detect-other-wifi-but-not-my-own-wifi.1156359/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am restarting this thread because for some unknown reason the previous thread was marked nbsp solved while it was not nbsp My wifi keeps dropping erratically and nothing other than restart can get my wifi back on nbsp I have tried everything bios update firmware update windows update lenovo wireless driver update then after someone suggested did an nbsp update directly with intel drivers cleaned up ip flushed dns changed wireless adapter settings picked good dropping gets keeps wifi adapter and wifi f... P50 on channels for and per other people's recommendations nbsp Still to no avail nbsp Also it is not an wifi keeps dropping on P50 and wifi adapter gets f... issue with my router or at least that is what wifi keeps dropping on P50 and wifi adapter gets f... I think nbsp Because the wifi dropping is a problem at different locations not just nbsp with my home router nbsp Is anyone else facing this problem too nbsp Here are my wireless card and driver details Intel dual band Wireless-AC Driver version nbsp My adapter advanced settings n channel width for - Auto n channel width for ghz - AutoAd Hoc Channel b g - Already tried other channels too Ad Hoc QoS Mode - WMM EnabledARP offload for WoWLAN - EnabledFat Channel Intolerant - DisabledGTK rekeying for WoWLAN - EnabledHT Mode - VHTMixed Mode Protection - CTS-to-self EnabledNS offload for WoWLAN - EnabledPacket Coalescing - EnabledPreferred Band - No PreferenceRoaming Aggressiveness - MediumSleep on WoWLAN Disconnect - DisabledThroughput Booster - DisabledTransmit Power - HighestU-APSD support - DisabledWake on Magic Packet - EnabledWake on Pattern match - EnabledWireless Mode - a b g nbsp My system is P Xeon ghzWindows Pro nbsp Any help in figuring out why am I having this problem nbsp thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/wifi-keeps-dropping-on-P50-and-wifi-adapter-gets-frozen-disabled/td-p/3336692
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi thanks for looking in and trying to help I have a laptop with Windows on it and as usual today the laptop s screen frame also accomodates the internal Wireless Internet antenna I am able to use the existing networks when they are close enough to me But I wanted to have a better reception so I bought one of those USB-based Wireless Internet Adapters WIA which have mounted a little dBi antenna dBi Decibel on its side I bought recently a much larger dBi antenna which I can use to replace the smaller antenna adapter. 7: Adapter: Why? Wireless Internet Laptop: Can't Windows use the on that WIA Windows also recognized the USB device correctly please see the screenshot link http www NADB net v Prom WLAN jpg but the connection tool at the lower right side of Windows system tray area displays only those networks which the internal screen frame antenna Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why? captures I tried already to disable the internal antenna but then I don t get any network Why can t the Network Connection icon not show networks the USB Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why? WIA might capture What is it I am doing wrong Please don t mind to ask me for additional details here I will provide them as additional details nbsp

A:Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wireless-internet-adapter-windows-7-cant-use-the-adapter-why.1092278/
Relevancy 49.45%

Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do.
In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this.
Please HELP!!

A:acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ...

Did you buy the Laptop from new ? ...
Did you mean Windows 7 x86 ?...
If your System Specs are correct you have 4 GB of ram ? ...
If that is the case your Windows should be 64 Bit ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377316-acer-aspire-4738-s-bluetooth-doesnt-work-but-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey,
I recently installed a new windows 7 and after that my wifi adapter is missing, I looked around the internet to fix the problem and came up with nothing so now I am here. I have turned on from the key shortcut (fn+f2) but when I go to network and sharing center and from there change adapter settings, only adapter I see is local are connection, but now Wifi adapter. How can I fix it, please help.

A:Wifi adapter

Go to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager and check the list of devices to see if your wifi adapter is listed - expect to see it with a yellow tag which shows the system has found it but not been able to install the drivers for it. Double click on the device and then the driver tab; click on update driver and wait for the system to find a solution - I am assuming you have a cable connection to the internet as you clearly have access by another means.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter.206087/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi !! I need your help, as my WIFI adapter is corrupted and i need to replace it.After opening the back cover and removing the WIFI adapter  if found that written: Replace with HP Spare 690020-001    8K1290. Would you please give my any replacement in case  if i didn't find this adapter.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:WIFI Adapter

Dear Customer, Please find the below list of compatible W/LAN cards for your PC.  You can order the part from HP parts store using the link below. Or purchase the part from any computer store. Link: http://hp.care/2eyb3Bh Contact HP Worldwide You can also Check your warranty Here to verify the warranty status  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Adapter/td-p/5830672
Relevancy 48.16%

I need an adapter to enable a LAN via Remote Desktop between my two rigs running W7 x64 Pro. I got to thinking about using a USB adapter, in lieu of a PCI controller, primarily for ease and simplicity, but have never dealt with either option before. Are USB adapters equal to PCI adapters, or is one better than the other? Which ever I use will have to talk with my ZyXel X550 router.

EDIT: The LAN will be operating in a permanent range of ~12 feet, going through one wall. I have no idea of how much bandwidth is required for RDP to function properly.

A:WIFI USB Adapter

Do not go with a dongle, a usb network adapter... I recently bought a Belkin USB adaptor and it has caused me so much stress and after two weeks is still not installed. My intial advice would be to stay wired but if that is not an option a wireless card in a PCI has a better advantage...running something as fiddly as a network through a USB port kind of seems wrong to me. Although I have no experience of network PCI cards I'm sure they beat the hell I had with my Belkin dongle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/53096-wifi-usb-adapter.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I want to get the wifi adapter driver such that i can set up a hotspot in my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-adapter/td-p/5703647
Relevancy 48.16%

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I am going from a router in my house to a laptop in my shop which is about 80' away. My old laptop finally gave up, but it was working good before as it had a built in Wifi. My question is I am wanting to place a desktop computer that does not have Wifi in my shop and was wondering which Wifi adapter to use.

The 2 that I am looking at are:

1. TP-LINK TL-WN722N ----- here is a link to one listed for sale on Newegg: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16833704045

2. Edimax EW-7811UN 150Mbps Wireless 11n Nano Size USB Adapter ---- link:http://www.walmart.c...apter/17419471
Which of these 2 will give the best signal strength, speed, etc. or are there other Wifi adapters that are priced under $20 or so that are better?
Thanks ~ Dan

A:Which Wifi Adapter?

I have had really good range with one of these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ3446025

Solid 5 bar signal from over 100 feet away.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-wifi-adapter.1153736/
Relevancy 48.16%

Which is better, a usb wifi adapter or pci wifi card, for a desktop.

A:Wifi Adapter

either is fine. I think you will find a pci has slightly more power,eg slightly more range, but also have removable antenna. Most notebooks have wifi built in anyway, so portability of the wifi unit isnt an issue. I'd be going with a pci wifi card myself, mainly because of the antenna options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter.103899/
Relevancy 48.16%

Will the WiFi Adapter work with my Acer ASPIRE 5732Z/5332 LAPTOP

A:WiFi Adapter

According to the product specs at the end of the Quick Guide, that laptop has built in WiFi. Why do you need to add a WiFi Adapter to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter.1046622/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all nice to be here.
Now this is my scenario. .laptop acer 5349
Made image (custom)from acer laptop with 2gb,250gb hdd, win7 home prem. and restored to 500 gb Seagate hdd and added 4 more gb ram.
Everything went well..ram shows up ..hard drive good.
However. ...there is no way to make wifi adapter to work. Ive read on the back of pc model of adapter..found drivers...installed and still cannot connect to internet. I can do with cable but not wifi. I can see network computers, router..thats not a problem.
So...how can we make this thing to work?

Does the laptop keyboard Fn key?

Is there some other key that turns the wireless radio on/off when used in combination with the Fn key? Look for symbols on the function keys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380048-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My Pavilion 15 notebook has turned an occasional WiFi fault into a regular one. The wifi drops out and there is nothing in network settings about wifi at all. Device manager will occasionally show the wifi adapter, realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 b/g/n, but usually it isn't even there. On the odd ocasion it shows up, properties says there is a problem with this device - this device doesn't exist. Great. Realtek are hopeless as they seem to provide no support. I cannot roll back drivers, installing new ones doesn't work and system restore doesn't fix it. Can I replace it with one that actually works? Do I need a specific type? This problem is likely to result in the laptop taking an unauthorised flight to the bottom of my garden if not resolved as I am an angry ginger person who wants things to just do their job, it's not as if it needs to do much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-adapter-amp-W10/td-p/5767959
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I recently installed win xp 64 ultimate and the my drivers for a usb wifi adapter. Everything went fine and I can go online. Whenever I restart my computer the USB adapter does not work and I have to pull it out and insert it back in and the device gets reinstalled and then begins to work.

Any solutions?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/221627-usb-adapter-wifi.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Well I have ASUS K SV I made clean installation with Win Ultimate x before I had Home premium I downloaded wlan driver from asus com support but i doesn't work Then I found disk with drivers it came Need adapter wifi with pc when I bought it but the same After disk installation I just can tur on off the wifi light with Fn F But I have only one Need wifi adapter adapter in Network Sharing center and its for ethernet In device manager after driver installation I have yellow waring with my wifi adapter Ok I need to update driver choose from my computer driver but when I done that it says I have newest version already I could try choosing from driver list on my computer but I'm scared if i choose there some wrong driver and then having blue screen Windows and how can I know my Need wifi adapter adapter manufacturer In home page with my model compatable are intel and Azurewave why two Ouu and when I bought pc there was Win Home premium and then wifi worked but the Need wifi adapter icon in right bottom corner looked like no wifi connectons available but it worked that was weird d like - gt https encrypted-tbn gstatic com i aoJONi fj Ys K

A:Need wifi adapter

Hope this helps
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282020-need-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a desktop and a apple iphone

Is the wifi adapter all I need to create a wifi hotspot so that I can get wirelessly online with my iphone?

I don't know for sure. All that I do know is that my PC doesn't have a WIFI adapter. But after installing the newest software version 4 and enabling WIFI on the iPhone, I now have WIFI access called "Jigs" whenever I am near my PC. I suspect that it is using my FIOS router's wireless for this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349571/wifi-adapter/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Windows Vista, Dell Inspiron 531 desktop computer. I have the icon in the system tray to connect to a WIFI network. When I open the "Connect to a Network" it says there are no wifi networks. I have wifi through ATT Uverse. If I plug in an adapter, it pulls up the networks in my area and will let me connect. I have downloaded all the drivers and additional drivers I found on Microsoft but the computer still does not find any networks without the adapter. Please help

A:Wifi Adapter?

Your computer has no built-in Wifi, so you need that adaptor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter.1072187/
Relevancy 48.16%

Has anyone tried UAWIFI UA3 usb wifi adapter from uawifi.com? I need some info. from real users before I buy it.
Todd
One RV for everyone

A:Best USB wifi Adapter?

Well I don't know how much help this will be to you, I have a friend spending some time in china using a very similar looking thing, couldn't get him online right now to get the exact name and model, but it even looks nearly identical,... except it's black in color.

He absolutely loves it, says it will pick up a typical wifi signal nearly a mile from it's source.
(of course he's kind of out in the middle of nowhere so he's probably doing better than average)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/155915-best-usb-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Guys, what do you think, which wifi adapter is the best for under 100$ ?

These guys at www.uawifi.com claim they have the most powerful on the market....and it is made in USA. What do you think? Has any of you tried this product?

Relevancy 48.16%

In searching the web for a wifi adapter for my desktop PC, I find both adapter cards to be installed inside the case as well as "dongels" which connect to an external USB port. Is it safe to assume that the technology & thus the performance would be the same, ie not dependent on where the adapter is installed?
I would like to connect via wifi to a router located about 600 feet from my apartment, so perhaps an adapter with the ability to add a high gain antenna might be the way to go?
Am considering Rosewill RNX-G300LX and Rosewill RNX-G1.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Relevancy 48.16%

I just recently got mifi from Verizon. I got it for my desktop, daughters laptop and my ipad. I did not realize that I would have to have a wifi adapter to use it on my desktop. What is the best one to get? Thanks in advance.

A:WIFI adapter, which one is the best?

Pretty much any name brand adapter will do the trick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-which-one-is-the-best.957373/
Relevancy 48.16%

when ever i open my laptop i find my wifi adapter disable and it is also not shown in device manager or in network setting.only ethernet connection is available but its creates a lot of issues for mei have to use my laptop in ubiversity and in office wwhere only wifi is available and i face problems there  so please help me with this issue so that i could be able to use may wifi once again without any issuethanks in advance and looking forward for your reply  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-adapter/td-p/5817402
Relevancy 48.16%

hi i have an acer laptop which has no built in wifi adapter but i use a Netgear WG111T wireless usb adapter and has been working fine until 1 day i plugged in a ScanDisk Cruzer Micro usb memory stick and the program came up and everythink and i could use but it had somehow stopped my wifi adapter from working and the Wireless Network Connection status thing on the bottom right hand corner of the screen had dissappeared and it doesnt show it on the screen anymore even wen i turn my laptop on and off. and i have tried everything such as plugging my wifi adapter in and out and taking out the usb memory stick and everything but it jst doesnt seem to work. the wifi adapters not broken at all, you can see the light come up wen u plug it in and stuff
som1 please help me!
o ye and i have windows xp

A:help on wifi adapter

Welcome to TSF....

Not knowing what type of programming on the thumb drive and from what you typed I suspect there might be an infection of some sort that has done this please follow the following instructions:

To get Expert Help with malware removal:

I recommend that you read this article… (Simply, click on the links to be re-directed.)

"Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? - First Steps";
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the
HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum;
not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps,
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to The HJT Help Forum;
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-on-wifi-adapter-253493.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

My first post. I have a two part question.

I have a TP-Link TL-WN95N v1 PCI 300 MPS WiFi adapter. I can find no driver to work with it in Windows 8. Else where on the 'net claims were made an Atheros driver was on board but the only Atheros drivers I have is for Ethernet chipsets. I have got no where looking at Atheros.cz or the TP-Link Support site. If anyone can help me with a driver it would be appreciated.

The next part is can someone tell me what PCI WiFi cards will definitely work with Windows 8.

I am running on a wired network at the moment but not very practical as I wheel my desk into another room.

Thanks,

Robert...

A:PCI WiFi Adapter

There are very few drivers or network adaptors that are made to work with Windows 8 as yet. Most network adaptors that worked with Windows 7 will also work with Windows 8.

Your best bet for your TP-Link TL-WN95N v1 PCI 300 MPS WiFi adapter would be to use the Windows 7 driver and install it in compatibility mode.

You can get the full wireless N speeds of 300Mb/s by going into your routers settings and set to use the "802.11n Only mode" and also use WPA2 security with AES encryption as these are made to work at full wireless N speeds. You would also need very good signal strength and a clear wireless channel for full N speeds.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/6937-pci-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Could anyone recommend me a good wireless USB Adapter that's not too expensive, around $15-$25. I have a USB adapter but the speed isn't what I'm paying for. I should be getting around 20-25mbps but this adapter is only getting around 9-10mbps.

Relevancy 48.16%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 48.16%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 48.16%

from device manager network controller is yellow
this is windows 7 64 bit
dell latitude e6410

tried to install below drivers , all of them did not install need help
Network_Driver_WD35F_WN_5.100.235.12_A37.exe
Network_Driver_3MNPT_WN_15.10.0.10_A06.exe
NIC_DRVR_WIN_R254689.exe

A:wifi icon is red cross, also wifi light on laptop does not show up

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Select the Network Controller Right click select Property's ...

Then the Details Tab and Post any Info it says there ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357267-wifi-icon-red-cross-also-wifi-light-laptop-does-not-show-up.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My internet connection connects but has the hello warning icon as it isn't connected to the Internet. When I trouble shoot it said there was a problem with the driver for the WiFi Adapter. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it hasn't worked. I have no internet and I don't know what else to try.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Problems-with-WiFi-Adapter/td-p/5639681
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I have a 64 bit Gateway M-6888u laptop with Vista Home Premium

everything was working great and then the wifi just quit. i know the router is good because another laptop on the same net still works fine and i can use the internet connection if i physically wire between it and the back of the router.

Windows says it cannot find any networks because, 'the wireless capability on this computer has been turned off". the Moble options of the Control Panel shows the wireless capability has indeed been turned off with a big red X through it. Trouble is, the button to turn it ON/OFF is grayed out and disabled!

How can i get the wifi back?

thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

I m facing problem connecting to wifi from few days. All available wifi networks show poor connectivity and when I connect to any known network, for eg my home wifi, I get very poor connectivity even when I am sitting right next to my router/modem. The adapter also resets many times by itself. When I checked with other laptops in my home if the problem was with wifi, they are working with full connectivity. Plese provide a better soluton.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-adapter-problem/td-p/5730103
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I have this usb wifi adapter made by ISSC, model IS89C35, it works great with of my xp pro desktop, I just popped in the driver cd and it installed fine. I went to install it in a Gateway XP Home desktop and the driver shows the yellow ! and won't install correctly!? I disabled antivirus,firewalls, etc. uninstalled,reinstalled, everything, I can't figure out why XP won't install it, it installs it as a usb storage device but can't install the driver from the cd. I ran windows update too. I get a code 31 - windows can't load drivers error. Anybody have any insight into this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-wifi-adapter-issue.723539/
Relevancy 47.73%

Alright my situation is abit weird i have an acer aspire 7745G.
now what happends is i have internet everything is running smooth next thing you know my wifi disconnects this happends randomly mostly once a day or so now i would go to reconnect and it doesnt even try it just says right away cannot connect ect.. so i go troublshoot and this freazes my computer the only thing i can do is reboot my whole computer. i tried updating the driver ect does not work

A:Wifi adapter mest up

Have you run a virus scan? Try resetting TCP/IP stack by going here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-mest-up.1091615/
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently purchased a Planex WiFi USB Adapter http www planex net product wireless gw-us minis htm and am having trouble getting to remain connected to a wireless connection I have installed it fine the drivers and software work and am using Windows Vista Ultimate -bit But when I go to Network Connections and attempt to connect to a wireless network right click connection Adapter with WiFi Problems US gt Connect Problems with WiFi US Adapter Disconnect it seems to work fine for a short while It lists all wireless networks in the area and I can connect to Problems with WiFi US Adapter one The Network and Sharing Center show the new connection Problems with WiFi US Adapter as quot Identifying quot However shortly after this the connection is disconnected In addition no wireless connections can be found anymore without unplugging and then plugging back in the WiFi Adapter Right clicking and selecting diagnose returns the error quot Windows cannot find any wireless networks in range of this computer quot Also if I do not connect to a network After a similar period of time networks again cannot be found with a similar network issue Also if I go to manage wireless networks and add one then attempt to connect to that the same problem happens but this time returns the error quot Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason quot I have eliminated the following problems so far It is not a problem with the WiFi Adapter or drivers I am using They both work fine on other computers It is not a problem with power settings I have disabled the computer from turning any USB devices off to save power It is not an issue with firewalls or virus scanners I have disabled them all I have also tried the steps here http support microsoft com kb en-us with no effect It should also not be due to weak signal strength windows reports it as excellent when it can see the signal or inteference nothing I can see and or think of that would be causing inteference but to make sure I did try changing the channels the WiFi Adapter uses to no effect Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be and if how it can be fixed nbsp

A:Problems with WiFi US Adapter

... the drivers and software work ...Click to expand...

Try it without the utility; sometimes I think Vista wireless works better with just its VLAN; other times it's better using the adapter's utility also. You are using the latest driver, right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-wifi-us-adapter.844167/
Relevancy 47.73%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go Mb Hard IE8 No WiFi with adapter Broadcom Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - No WiFi Broadcom adapter with IE8 MB Motherboard Quanta BF E None Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I have a HP Pavillion tx us laptop running Vista Home Premium bit I was using my WiFi without problems for months with IE then suddenly last week I have no WiFi connection My Network Connection did not list any WiFi adapters I ran the Network Connection diagnostic program and it said quot no wifi adapter recognized or configured quot or something like that In the Programs and Features area I list the Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter but the Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi adapter is missiing in Device Manager Both my TO Adapters have yellow triangles w s inside All drivers are up to date I tried uninstalling the Broadcom WiFi adapter and reinstalling it I removed my Bit Defender antivirus program completely Nothing fixed it I restored my computer to a point listed as one week ago which fixed it once for that session but when I rebooted my computer I was without the WiFi adapter again After several system restores to that point even that stopped fixing the problem I finally removed IE and returned to IE viola my wireless adapter is again functioning driver version now I tried reinstalling IE It worked once and then not again even after several reboots I uninstalled IE again and viola the Broadcom driver reappears and everything works fine Do you have any solution ideas I mentioned it to Office Depot and he said that yea it may work now in IE but eventually it will stop because IE does not support IPV technology What if I upgrade to Windows Could that fix my problem and can I upgrade to a bit version since my computer has core processors I currently have a bit version of Vista Home Premium nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I have been trying to make my laptop a hotspot but can t seem to get one to work When I look for the sharing tab for the wifi adapter there isn t one Any help would be appreciated Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name v no adapter tab for sharing wifi i Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lin keele ac uk Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -A -C -BF- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address -A -C -BF- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific no sharing tab for wifi adapter DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -A -C -BF- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix lin keele ac uk Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address C-F -DD- C-BB- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b bb cc ce Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday February PM Lease Expires Friday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-C - -A -C -BF- F- DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix lin keele ac uk Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a e b a e b Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd a ffa e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a ffa e Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D-C - -A -C -BF- F- NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap lin keele ac uk Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lin keele ac uk Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Compaq CQ58 which I've used for about 18 months. Today I have not been able to access the Internet without using an Ethernet cable. I've done some 'troubleshooting' and this tells me that the WiFi adapter is disabled. I've been told that I must have pressed a key and inadvertently switched the wireless connection off. I've checked the start up guide and the short manual that I have but I can't find an answer to the problem there. I know about the Flight Mode key and I have checked repeatedly that this is switched off which it needs to be in order to access the Internet. Does anyone know how I can re-enable the WiFi adapter?

A:WIFI Adapter Disabled

Hello Petronica,Welcome to the HP Forums.I see that your wifi adapter has been disabled. I will try to help you with this.Usually if a device is "disabled", it's more then likely in the Device Manager. Go to Device manager on your Notebook, and you should see "network adapters" in the list. Click on the "+" and it will show all of your network adapters installed. You should then be able to right click on the adapter and "enable" it, or "disable" it. As your's is disabled you'd want to enable.Please let me know if this helped. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Adapter-Disabled/td-p/3917680
Relevancy 47.73%

I want to upgrade my wireless adapter on this laptop. Is there a white list for this computer for Windows 10? Where can I find it? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-adapter-upgrade/td-p/5817302
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all!! I am new here... Today I bought the intel centrino advance N6235 wireless card for my laptop. I have installed all drivers from intel, but only bluetooth works. Wifi doesn't recognized from the system, like i have no wifi adapter connected. What i can do??

Thanks for your answers.

A:Problem with my new WiFI Adapter

Hi there
doesn't the laptop have a built in wireless card -- sometimes they don't have LAN ports but I'm sure any laptop (inc cheap netbooks) have had wireless cards already FOR AGES as standard -- at least 10 - 12 years -- just ensure it's enabled.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/29434-problem-my-new-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys, me again.

I'm planning to move to Windows 10 but yesterday i found my linksys wusb600n adapter (which is pretty good regarding stability) doesn't have support regarding new drivers since windows 8...i'm on windows 7 currently.

Pretty much i'm gonna need to buy a brand new one, i need an AC one but so far, despite i've been doing some research, all the adapters have issues.

I bought the linksys AC 1200 adapter last year, a completely fail, speed drops and disconections.

i think these 2 are the "best" on the market currently:

1) Asus USB-AC56
2) Netgear’s A6200

Any suggestions? complaints? thanks in advance.

A:Best Wifi AC adapter 2015?

I was just planning to post a similar thread. I am also looking to buy the best USB wireless adapter compatible with Window 7 regardless of its price.

Based on my humble research of your suggested adapters, it seems both are considered great, but not compatible with Windows 10.

Thank you for this thread. And I apologize for derailing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373967-best-wifi-ac-adapter-2015-a.html