Windows Support Forum

Very low frame rate with GTX 980 and I5 4690K

Q: Very low frame rate with GTX 980 and I5 4690K

Ever since I got my parts and built my computer, I had noticed that when i first started playing games, It had been obvious that I wasn't getting the correct amount of frames for what I had bought and built. I really only played two games (Counterstrike and League of Legends) and since it wasn't a huge problem, I didn't try to solve it right away. Just recently, I had bought Overwatch and noticed that even on lowest settings, I would be getting 10-30 frames during fights with a number of people around.

GPU : EVGA GTX 980
CPU : I5 4690K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB (2x4gb)
MoBo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Power Supply: EVGA Bronze 600W Power Supply
HDD: Seagate 1TB Harddrive

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/130014-very-low-frame-rate-gtx-980-i5-4690k.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Very low frame rate with GTX 980 and I5 4690K

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I play World War II Online. After a series of updates to the game I am now finding that the frame rate I have in game is incredibly low (can be down to Frames Per Second of 5 or 10). This makes it unplayable. My graphics card is ATI Radeon X600XT 256mb with PCI Express and the drivers are all up to date.

Can anyone help as I am not sure how refresh rate on the monitor, resolution, background processes etc etc may all be effecting my FPS ingame.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frame-rate.585584/
Relevancy 68.8%

I did not know where to post it, so i thought i might post it here.

I am currently using a computer that has the following specs:
AMD Athlon II X4 620 Processor 2.60 GHz
3.00 Gb RAM
32-bit operating system (windows 7)
ATI HD Radeon 4200

I was wondering if this kind of PC would have any problems with running CoD 4 or Killing Floor.
I have both games and I have set both of the games graphics options to minimum, but both of them lag quite a lot.

Is the PC **** or is there problem somewhere else?

Thanks in Advance,
Peter.

Relevancy 68.8%

I have Frame rate a strange problem problems I have playing Battlefield sometimes the computer will buzz and then blue screen and sometimes it will buzz and I just lose sound also playing Star Wars Battlefront frame rates will drop to I can double-click the Windows button on the keyboard twice and the frame rates will come back fine and I can continue playing for quite a while so when the frame rates drop l double hit the Windows button and all this fixed things Frame rate I have done I use a program called ddu to uninstall all NVIDIA drivers and leftover fragments also checked all Intel driver updates and everything is up to date I have Frame rate also used furmark to stress out the GPU for over minutes at full screen and it's fine no errors I have repair installed all games I have receded everything graphics card sound card memory modules and run memory Diagnostics kind of lost hope what else to do

A:Frame rate

Originally Posted by ocir

I have a strange problem. problems I have playing Battlefield 4 sometimes the computer will buzz and then blue screen and sometimes it will buzz and I just lose sound, also playing Star Wars Battlefront frame rates will drop to 12 I can double-click the Windows button on the keyboard twice and the frame rates will come back fine and I can continue playing for quite a while so when the frame rates drop l double hit the Windows button and all this fixed. things I have done I use a program called ddu to uninstall all NVIDIA drivers and leftover fragments also checked all Intel driver updates and everything is up to date I have also used furmark to stress out the GPU for over 30 minutes at full screen and it's fine no errors I have repair installed all games I have receded everything graphics card sound card memory modules and run memory Diagnostics kind of lost hope what else to do

Intel i7 950 GTX 680 graphics card Recon 3D sound card ASUS Sabertooth motherboard

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/48731-frame-rate.html
Relevancy 68.8%

hey, my IE has this wierd frame rate- when i scroll down the page it doesn't 'scroll' it 'jumps'. it's driving me crazy...how do i change this?

A:IE6 frame rate?

What version of IE is it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie6-frame-rate-203614.html
Relevancy 68.8%

how do i check what frame rate i am getting while playing a game like battlefield 2

A:frame rate

There's probably a console command ingame to show you what FPS you're getting, but use Fraps anyway...

http://www.fraps.com

It'll run in your system tray, easy to configure...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frame-rate.383628/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi

I play World of Warcraft online. My frame rate stinks. The best I get is upper 20's. Usually I am running 19 or 20 FPS and often it drops to 5-15 FPS.

My PC is:

Xp
2.6GHZ
1024 ram
Nvidia 6600

Relevancy 67.94%

Hey all First off I m new to the forums so hello new people I built my first new system a month or so ago Very exciting Everything seems to Drops Frame Rate be working great with it so far I installed Borderlands on it since it is a gaming-oriented system and played it for something like hours without a hiccup Recently however I ve been getting frame-rate drops when things get busy in the game And not normal frame rate drops either Like drops down to single digits according to FRAPS Normal for lower end PCs Not normal for the PC I built At least I don t think so I tried updating all of my drivers That didn t help I also tried over-clocking the CPU some which is something I was a little afraid to do but was pleased at how easy the BIOS that my motherboard came with made it Very exciting Still didn t help I also tried having the game auto-detect my settings Funny thing It set my resolution to while keeping all other settings at high or higher My screen s native resolution is and is set to such in the OS I m a little confused and a bit frustrated at the situation and I m wondering if anyone has advice In exchange I will look through the forums and see Frame Rate Drops what knowledge I can bestow on others using the information I ve gained building my new system and I ve gained quite a bit It s an exciting and satisfying process even with the minor glitches that arise and I encourage everyone to try it The System s Specs Mobo ASUS Crosshair V Formula CPU AMD FX O C d at GHz GPU Gigabyte Radeon GB GDDR RAM Corsair Vengeance GB Running Windows bit from a GB Corsair Force Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Frame Rate Drops

This will probably seem like a very obvious and simple solution, but it's better than no answers right? Haha. Have you cleaned out the inside of your system recently? I had a similar problem before, and as it turned out that's all I really needed to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frame-rate-drops.1075230/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,
I have a HP-Compaq V3000. AMD 64x2, 1GB RAM, Windows Vista 32 Bit, also Nvidia Ge Force Card.

Now my problem is that whenever I play games like EA sports FIFA 08 or Cricket 07, the frame rate is very slow. Game does not run smoothly.
Is there any solution to this? Do I need to increase my RAM ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/slow-frame-rate-287508.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Ever since I installed the driver for my Linksys WUSB300N 802.11N wireless desktop adapter my computer does this weird thing. I don't know if it is related or not but the frame rate and audio will slow down and pop for a few seconds every few minutes. This happens even when I am just at the desktop or when I am doing something interactive. It doesn't matter, the whole computer slows down. Any possible solutions? I am willing to download something to track my processes' memory usage and things like that. Thanks in advance

Ethan

Relevancy 67.94%

Hopefully someone here can help me I have a issues. Frame rate pretty nice laptop With a AMD Athalon X Dual core CPU With gigs Frame rate issues. of RAM a NVIDA Geforce GO GTX Graphics card The hard drive is a GB RPM I purchased it from Alienware and its ran quite well for the most part But there are some games Especially those with Dynamic Lighting that cause some real issues Now the game will usually run perfectly fine on whatever the default settings the graphics are set Frame rate issues. to And usually fine when I up them some But what will happen is while I am playing the game all of the sudden my Frame rate will drop considerably for no real reason One example I can think of is I tried the demo for Bioshock and the game ran perfectly fine for about mins or less Then suddenly the game basically became a slideshow for about - mins before it would run perfectly smooth again And after a few minutes it would quot frame-rate quot again At least thats what I call it It does it in other games as well Pretty much all the latest stuff it will do it in As well as some older things as well I get it in games like Painkiller which is older than my laptop I ve played Team Fortress And its a toss up Sometimes it runs fine And others I get frame-rated for a couple mins Now as a First Person Shooter player You can see how this would really screw you up One minute things are running fun Suddenly it gets really choppy and someone attacks you and you have a hard time doing anything because its no longer running like it should Now I have all the latest drivers from Alienwares website for my particular laptop Yet I still get this issue I ve even tried reformating and still this issue is around So I am unsure as to how to fix this problem and its been around for as long as I remember Its just not all games that have it Such as oblivion I don t recall ever getting screwed over to the point I couldn t play right Or STALKER That used to have it pretty bad in some places But I turned off the Dynamic Lighting and voila It was pretty much gone Another thing I ve noticed that was wrong was the more white bright an object or area was The more likely I was to get Frame-Rated Like in Two Worlds I would walk up to a portal and bam My system would get kinda laggy and if I looked at it for too long the Frame-Rating would start and take a few mins or so to stop And to make matters worse I installed Dungeons and Dragons online on my laptop and had to turn the graphics really far down just to make it so I didn t get frame-rated in that Yet my desktop computer which is running a ATI x AGP card as well as either a or AMD single core CPU can run that game at higher graphical settings and not ever have a frame rate problem So as you can see This issue is not really cool It confuses me and I am not sure how to fix it when it lags in BF yet I can play Hellgate London without any issues almost ever And hellgate is newer than most the games I play So please if anyone can offer up some advice Help me out nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I ve been playing WOW for some time now but since days ago after I reset my PC I noticed that the game became playing Very WoW when low Frame Rate so slow Although the latency Very low Frame Rate when playing WoW is just around - ms the frame rate dropped to - fps Will anyone help me out what to to on this matter please My PC s info as follows Product Name Aspire X Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack Chipset NVIDIA MCP Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache MB System Memory MB Current Memory Size MB Supported Maximum Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB Total Available Graphics Memory MB Hard Drive Hitachi HDT SLA SCSI Disk Device GB Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Bytes Generic- SM xD SD MMC MS USB Device Bytes CD DVD Drive ATAPI DVD A DH A S SCSI CdRom Device Video Device Name NVIDIA GeForce G Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Shared System Memory MB Screen Resolution x Color Quality bit Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio Network NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller BIOS Version R -B BIOS Release Date I m not sure if the info is enough but I do hope I can get some answers in here Thank you nbsp

A:Very low Frame Rate when playing WoW

Get a better graphics card, the one that came with it is like Onboard graphics. You have PCI-e x16 slot type. Go to Newegg.com and pick one out that fits your budget and gaming needs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-low-frame-rate-when-playing-wow.132274/
Relevancy 67.94%

im sure this type of thread has been discussed so many times before but Im really confused here I love to play countersytike source bf bf and all those great games out there and so I shelled out on a brand new leadtek winfast gt i also added another gig of ram making it gb of ddr duel channel memory mode and yet strangely I only get fps during css and day of defeat source I may not be the best computer expert out there but strangely low frame rate I know even with my system I should be getting higher on strangely low frame rate an aging game such as css My mate who has exactly the same system as me except he has gb of ram gets fps on day of defeat Has anyone else had this problem and better still does anyone know how to solve it Thanks in advance My system P ghz with ht gb ddr in duel channel memory mode Leadtek winfast gt tagan w psu Aspire x-cruiser case black Sound blaster audigy se Windows xp home x gb hdd x optical drives nbsp

A:strangely low frame rate

Just out of curiosity, what is your PSU, and what is your friends PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strangely-low-frame-rate.63645/
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm playing "Marine Sharpshooter" and towards the end of each level the frame rate starts to slow down. I'm running Pent. 3 550MGz with a GeForce 2 m/x 400 on a gateway pc with 128 mb ram and I have 2.5 gb of free space. Do I need to upgrade?? and if so what are the newest or best video cards? Also I'm running Windows ME.

A:slow frame rate

gates,

You can perhaps do some basic 'housekeeping' to your pc before rushing out to upgrade.

Make sure you hard disk is defragged and then do a scandisk.

Ensure that all apps running in the background have been closed down.

Regards upgrading - you could perhaps double your Ram to 256mb that would boost performance in other tasks as well.

With respect to getting a new graphics card - what is your realistic budget ? If you can state that then you can perhaps get some recommendations from others based on what has worked for them.

Just for reference - both my systems are Athlon 2600 based. One has 256 mb Ram and a cheap GeForce 440 card which allows me to run games .... only at lower settings. The other has 512 mb Ram and has a Radeon 9500 card thats been overclocked to allow much better gameplay.

In the meantime you might care to browse here :

http://www.tomshardware.com

And click 'Graphics Cards' in the left column as there are reviews and benchmark tests on cards across the board from budget to high end.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-frame-rate.175449/
Relevancy 67.94%

I'd like to increase the frame rate on my Flight Sim 03. I've done all the usual stuff, but I'd like to know if a better graphics card will help. Will a 8x card work with my somewhat old motherboard?
PIII 800 W98
nvidia card 32 2x

A:Slow frame rate

A new vid would be nice, but u should also upgrade your CPU (maybe to 1.5Ghz)
Check ur ram too (256 is recommended)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-frame-rate.277386/
Relevancy 67.94%

Frame Rate issues can be caused by the following issues.
1. Check the temperature of your graphics card. If it is overheating it will shut down slowly ( self preservation )and you may have to grind out your quests at 5 - 7 FPS. Go here and download this free heat monitor.www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php -> A good card temp is well below 100C
2. If you have a new grasphics card and it is rated for SAY 350 watts. Check your system, if your power supply is only 300, then you will have slow framerates. Also you could risk damaging your card.
In world of warcraft a good Frame Rate should be between 55 - 60 FPS if you have the appropriate Graphics Card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-frame-rate.978661/
Relevancy 67.94%

I am trying to make a slide show with pics, text, & movies using the newest version of pinnacle media suite version 9. I am on xp, on a home network with one external backup hardrive. As I attempt to drag & drop a video file from my backup hard drive, it is telling me that the frame rate is 20 & needs to be 30. I have very little knowledge about this subject. Is there a way to speed up the frame rate of videos that I already have? If not, what can I do?
Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frame-rate-question.311247/
Relevancy 67.94%

I didn t know whether to put this here or in the gaming section because second rate per Stuck frame it deals with a game but anyways I play counter-strike and i have the FPS Frames per second counter enabled and it constantly says i have right around FPS I never changes more than FPS to each side I have a Max FPS rate on Counter-Strike set to FPS I run an EVGA GT on an LG Flat Panel Moniter with refresh rate at x I know Counter-Strike can run at a much higher FPS because I have seen it myself on Stuck frame per second rate other computers I have all updated drivers including Direct X My video card can t support Direct X I am pretty sure that this video card has the ability to go beyond FPS because my last video card the GT had the same problem as well as other worse problems that are behind me I don t really know whats going on does anyone else have any ideas nbsp

A:Stuck frame per second rate

You have enabled vsync in your video settings? (Windows or in-game)

Also, 60 FPS is just fine and there is absolutely no point in trying to get more - your monitor would be unable to display those frames and you aren't able to see them. You would only stress your CPU and GPU, wasting power and generating heat.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-frame-per-second-rate.93435/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi!
i don't know why...
a lot of videos that i watch have a very slow frame rate.
i have 1Ghz 256Mb 80Gb-hdd{8MbCache} TnT2-32MB video adapter.
can some help?
(is there a way to accelerate video playback?)
thanks

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi my computer was doing fine until a couple of days ago when the frame rate on anything Rate Stupid Frame that was slightly graphically intense became horrible I have recently used scandisk and defrag but it didn't make a difference I have done a number Stupid Frame Rate of scans with anti Stupid Frame Rate virus anti spyware and anti adware software Every scan Stupid Frame Rate says I have no problems with my computer and I have no idea whats wrong with it either Anyway below is my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exec program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exeC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exeC Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exeC Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exeC Program Files Yahoo YOP yop exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page googleR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page googleR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRA Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeO - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeO - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeO - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exeO - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exeO - HKLM Run CaAvTray quot C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exe qu... Read more

A:Stupid Frame Rate

Please someone THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! WHY IS MY COMPUTER RUNNING LIKE CRAP!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87544/stupid-frame-rate/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, my WoW frame rates have been running so low its unbearable to turn around/ move. Altering the settings in the game barely changes this.

I have a:

M3A Motherboard (ASUS) With a 3.2GZ AMD Dual Core.

Asus 8600GT

2Gigs DDR2 Ram (Kingston/hynix)

LG Flatron Monitor 22inch.

Any idea how I can fix this, thank you.

A:Frame Rate Troubles

What resolution are you running it at? I would think an 8600 should run it fine, so it might be your internet connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frame-rate-troubles.116441/
Relevancy 67.94%

I just built a new system with Vista Ultimate Here are the specs Processor AMD Phenom Quad Core Motherboard Asus M N-SLI Deluxe Power Supply Antec TruPower Trio RAM OCZ GB PC SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel DDR Video Rate Frame 8800GT Card eVGA GeForce GT w MB Sound Card AC onboard sound Display Dell FP UXGA LCD Hard Drive Seagate SATA GB w MB buffer Optical LG DVD-RAM x -R x RAM Removable Generic - Media Reader Webcam Microsoft VI- When I play Dundeons amp Dragons Online my framerate varies between - in populated places and only if I stare at the walls This seems too low I was getting 8800GT Frame Rate better 8800GT Frame Rate framerates running XP on a AMD x with a GS I've tried the nVidia drives and the betas from guru Not much difference Is this a Vista problem that will be fixed with SP or Is this an nVidia driver problem that will be fixed with later drivers or Is my power supply too weak or Is DDO the problem or Are my expectations too high Any thoughts would be appreciated -Brad Dunlap

A:8800GT Frame Rate

Originally Posted by Viking707

I just built a new system with Vista64 Ultimate. Here are the specs:

Processor = AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core
Motherboard = Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
Power Supply = Antec TruPower Trio 430
RAM = OCZ 4GB PC6400 SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel DDR2
Video Card = eVGA GeForce 8800GT w/512MB
Sound Card = AC?97 onboard sound
Display = Dell FP2001 20.1? UXGA LCD
Hard Drive = Seagate SATA 300GB w/16MB buffer
Optical = LG DVD-RAM (16x +/-R 10x ?RAM)
Removable = Generic 7-1 Media Reader
Webcam = Microsoft VI-6000[/font]

When I play Dundeons & Dragons Online my framerate varies between 20-60 in populated places and 100+ only if I stare at the walls. This seems too low. I was getting better framerates running XP on a AMD 3800+ x2 with a 7600GS.

I've tried the nVidia 169.25 drives and the 171.20 betas from guru. Not much difference.

Is this a Vista 64 problem that will be fixed with SP!?..... or
Is this an nVidia driver problem that will be fixed with later drivers.......or
Is my power supply too weak?.......... or
Is DDO the problem?.......... or
Are my expectations too high?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-Brad Dunlap

Welcome to the forums Brad!

60 FPS with an 8800 GT is good, especially in DDO (I have both myself). 20 seems a little low, can't say why, it could be a combination of factors which are causing this. It sounds like you've got the latest drivers. Maybe rolling back the driver may have some impact if the latest ones are not performing well.

You can download the 163 driver here: ForceWare Release 163

I wish I could give you a magic bullet to fix things. You might also try adjusting the settings within DDO itself.

Let us know how things work out for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/136174-8800gt-frame-rate.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Here is my computer spec

Pentium D dual core 2.67 GHZ
2 gigs ram
XFX Geforce 9600 GT

someone had said that my cpu is bottle-necking my card, but the bottle-necking shouldn't be very severe right? I am getting like 20 to 25 fps in BF 2142 alone, and 5 to 10 fps when crowded... help please >.<

Relevancy 67.94%

I've been suffering with low frame rate for games such as world of warcraft, frozen throne, etc. The low frame rate only comes when there is alot of action on my screen.
For example my FPS is around 30-40 in WoW normally, but when i do raids with 40 ppl it drops down to 3-4FPS and is unplayable. I tried almsot everything possible and I know alot of ppl are suffering from this =/

anyways, here are my infos
any helps or suggestion will hlep alot =)

A:Low Frame Rate on most games

Well, it sounds like something as simple as having the graphics quality settings too high. If there are fewer objects to render on the screen, the graphics card can handle them better, which is why you're not lagging when there are few people around.

Try lowering the settings of you games to find a nice balance between quality and performance. You'll have smoother gameplay, but the graphics won't be quite as nice. Otherwise, upgrading the graphics card is the solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-frame-rate-on-most-games.465598/
Relevancy 67.94%

ive had half life 2/ counter strike source for a while, it worked fine on my old pc, but the frame rate is to high for my new laptop so its all slow and jumpy, is there anything i can do, as i no changing the graphics hard is very hard to do.
thank you
rickshaw

Relevancy 67.94%

OK I m really stumped I m Rate Webcam: Frame Low new to webcams I ve just bought a Genius webcam but I really think the brand has nothing to do with my problem Using MSN Messenger on XP Home my image is running at around frame per second while the camera can run up to fps The person I m sending the image to says the image Webcam: Low Frame Rate he s receiving is also very slow We are both running near new computers both on XP and both are on kb broadband or better This may or may not help to hone in on the problem area When I click camera properties within MSN I get a second image of myself But in Webcam: Low Frame Rate this image running at the same time as the slow one my image is smooth - probably close to fps This tells me the Webcam: Low Frame Rate camera is operating at a good speed but it s not feeding that data properly I m really getting frustrated with this I m having the identical problem on the laptop If anyone can help I d truly appreciate it nbsp

A:Webcam: Low Frame Rate

Are you using the drivers supplied with the cam ( as in , the ones on the disk)? Did you stopped by the website and see if there are new drivers for it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/webcam-low-frame-rate.294530/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, I recently spent £600 on a new computer (specs below) and I ran 3DMark05 and then compared the results. It seems that my score 2012 is terrible compared with another machine with roughly the same spec as mine. I can run HL2 on high settings with no AA or AF at 1280x1024 and get about 35fps, which is better than my old machine but I thought I should be getting more.
My machine specs are as follows -
Intel Pentium 4 Prescott @ 3.2ghz, 800mhz FSB/HTT/1MB Cache
1024mb DDR PC3200
ASUS Dual DDR, S-ATA, 8x AGP, 5 PCI, 800mhz
120gb Hard Drive @ 7200rpm, 2mb Cache
256mb Geforce 6600 8x AGP + DVI + TV-OUT
Windows XP SP2
Can somebody please help??

Relevancy 67.94%

Good afternoon all,

I just bought a creative webcam live pro. It is installed and if I view the cam on my laptop the frame rate is 30 per second. I have a pentium 4 laptop with usb 2.0 etc. 512 MB ram. I bought it to communicate with family in England, I am in Canada. When I use the cam via yahoo the frame rate is only 10 per second. I have checked everything and have tried between the reg. broadband connection and super cam on yahoo. I myselt have high speed cable with 2.8 mega bits per second. Any ideas why the frame rate is only 10 per second when using yahoo? Thanks in advance for any help given.

Relevancy 67.94%

Just wanted to know what is the pc equivalent of the processor in the ps2 and xbox that would produce the same frame rate?

Relevancy 67.08%

I'm using windows xp home edition. I have 768 megs of rdram, a geforce 2 mx 400 video card with 64 megs of vram, and a 1.7 ghz pentium 4 processor with SSE2. I have the latest video drivers and the latest version of direct x (8.1). For some reason, when I run a game or program that uses direct 3d (such as tony hawk 2 or diablo 2), the frame rate is pretty bad no matter what the resolution or rendering quality is. Games that use open gl run perfect. Even for games that have support for both open gl and direct 3d (like halflife), open gl works perfect and direct 3d runs bad. I've fiddled around with the direct 3d settings and nothing seems to have any effect. I've tried pretty much everything including scanning with norton 2002 with the latest virus definitions and i have no idea what's wrong.

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, lately I've been getting really low frame-rate and performance when I play Battlefield 3 online. The games start smooth but after about 3-5 minutes it starts getting unplayably laggy and stuttering. All the graphics settings are on lowest.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

I get low frame-rate after playing NFS Most Wanted for about 5-10 minutes too. Any suggestions or recommendations please?

Relevancy 67.08%

Hey guys,

my computer is usually able to process most games without any frame rate issues yet, on certain games such as Counter Strike: GO and Saints Row The Third, my frame rate drops dramatically. Even when I put the game on its lowest graphic settings, it still has trouble running the game. My specs are:

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor
CPU Speed: 3.6 GHz Performance Rated at: 10.80 GHz
RAM: 8.2 GB
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD7700 Series
DirectX version: 11.0
Free Disk Space: 848.8 GB

If you could recommend an upgrade on a certain area or just give me some advise I will be extremely thankful.
Thanks for your time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frame-rate-issue-on-certain-games.1069925/
Relevancy 67.08%

Alright, heres the issue i bought an ATI 1600 about two years ago...when i went to go play COH or Sim city 4 im getting 20 - 10 fps ...yes yes i have read the other threads and nothing has helped if someone could pleaseeee help me i beg ive had this issue for a about a month or two i just want to play my video games again

i have an Nvidia3 2 g of ram amd anthlon 3000+

please any help will be accepted PLEASE!

A:ATI x1600 512 mb Frame Rate Issue

if the card is 2 years old, it may be dieing a slow death

but from my experience, the cards that died on me were instant deaths (mostly due to the fan failing and the gpu overheating.)

as for helping you any further, i think you would need to provide more information on to what/why/when and stuff.

"Nvidia3" is that your mother board?
athlon 3000 (assuming its single core)
2gb memory (1x2 or 2x2, also what frequency)
ATI 1600

i honestly wouldnt expect much more than 20 fps with those games with that setup.
im not bashing your setup, but if you have extra cash, you could build a much better system for very little money. ($400 or so) just the basics.

good luck and hope to hear more of what could have caused this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-x1600-512-mb-frame-rate-issue.115778/
Relevancy 67.08%

Out of the blue today my PC has all kinds of frame rate issues Frame rate may not be the correct diagnosis but even just rate Computer frame drop switching between browser windows I notice it It first occurred about an hour ago when I was playing a game I quit the game and restarted Computer frame rate drop same issue with frame rates in the single digits I tried another game same low frame rate I'm looking at HWM and my GPU seems to be running incredibly hot I have no graphically intense programs running and the first core is at C and the other is at C The GPU is a geforce GTX which Computer frame rate drop I know runs hot anyway but I never had issues with frame rate until now My specs are as follows i GHz Asustek Sabertooth X Mobo x DDR PC - RAM Geforce GTX I can get Computer frame rate drop a capture of HWM and CPU-Z if needed I'm stumped because this just started happening as I said about an hour ago I also just updated my GPU driver to AFTER this issue started Any ideas would be appreciated

A:Computer frame rate drop

Can you post the brand and wattage of your PSU?

Have you cleaned the inside of your tower of dust and dirt with a can of air?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-frame-rate-drop-691339.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

I have a slow computer and i like to play some games with it but i get low framerate.
What are the number of steps i can do to boost it up? instead of upgrading
I got P4 1.? ghz
512mb ram
geforce 2 mx400
winxp home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/10-ways-to-increase-your-frame-rate.567511/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Guys I recently moved into my new apartment and have had problems with low frame rate while watching netflix and playing games Never used to have this problem before The CPU is frequently overheating and the computer is shutting down which has happened before but not so frequently With the frame rate drops which I've never and Frame drop overheat rate CPU had until Frame rate drop and CPU overheat now I'll be watching or gaming and the frame rate suddenly drops sometimes to below single digits It'll play fine for a few moments then drop again It increases to the point that the good frame rate lasts less and the bad frame rate lasts longer It also leads to CPU overheat crash The computer crashes to protect memory and saying the CPU has overheated The only thing I can think that would be causing both of these issues is my new apartment doesn't have AC yet and so it's considerably hotter than at my old place I bought a new w power supply with a stronger fan and it has reduced some of the issues but they're still there Specs Windows x Core Intel Pentium ghz per core GB Ram GTX OCIf there's any other stats you need let me know and can you tell me how to find them Used to just use dxdiag but dunno how to find it on Windows

A:Frame rate drop and CPU overheat

The move alone can have caused the problem.
It can be a fan's connector that has come loose or a fan got damaged or the heatsink has come loose from the CPU.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548683/frame-rate-drop-and-cpu-overheat/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have this frame rate drop that is random in all games i play multiplayer and single player (right know it is starwars galaxy, call of duty, and battlefield vietnam). I have a 2600+AMD, GA-7vt600 gigabyte motherboard, 128mb 5900 and 1gig of ram, Windows XP. i have all the latest drivers and even when i lower the settings to the lowest level the game still does this from 90 fps to 1 fps in a split second and goes back up to normal. It does this at random times like evey min or so. Please help thanks

A:Random frame rate drops

do you have a sound card? I used to have frame drops before huge explosions or really dynamic sound effects until i purchased a sound card. I dont know if it will help you but just a suggestion...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-frame-rate-drops.241536/
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm not sure when this started, but I am positive it didn't do this before...

When a flash video or something is played after a while, my computer sounds like it's fans are going into overdrive. It goes from low regular fan hum, to a bit louder, then to very loud. During this third stage, my frame rate dives down, from around 30-40 to 5-10, then after 2 or 3 minutes, jumps back up to it's normal rate. It'll periodically do these dives every 5 or so minutes, lasting 2-3 minutes again, then going back to normal, until I finally stop.

This is not just in flash. It also occurs when running things like Adobe After Effects and most games.

Does anyone know of any fixes for this?

A:Periodic Frame Rate Dives

Give us your specs. RAM, Processor speed, Video Card, etc
It could also be overheating. Blow out all fans with compressed air especially the processor fan and Heat Sync.
Go to the Event Viewer and see what process or application is causing the crash.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/periodic-frame-rate-dives-416335.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 260 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4094 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 440, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 451163 MB, Free - 411218 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, Tilapia CRB
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 67.08%

I did a search and came up empty on this one Ive been playing wow and as of lately my latency spike to to its not bad but when Ive been playing at and so its kinda a jump My frame rate is only about to and some times drops to about I cant seem to fix this problem I have done numerous searchs over the net and not finding much I did come accrossed a registry tweak but dont know I dare do that My system is running gtx s sli I have gs ram plus g per vid card Im running a penteim processor ghz and a g Latency and problem frame rate Hard drive and an asus mother board The only thing I dont have is a nic Im using an onboard one but havent had problems with it Ive only been running vista for prolly about a month now Everyone now and then it will lock up and I will have to hard boot it Ive run all my spyware and adware scans and not comming up with much I recenly downloaded all my drivers after seeing the spike as well as dumping a lot of my add-ons and no success I did find a connection upgrade Latency and frame rate problem that I will try when I get home from work and see if it will increase the network speeds I am not computer illiterate I know somethings but nothing to do with the bios or reg never done nothing with these I know my computers not great but I would think that I should be getting more then fps at the lowest and ms any help would be greatly apprecated Aires

A:Latency and frame rate problem

Try disabling SLI in the nvidia control panel and all wow servers are in US witch is **** because people in other overseas get pings off 300+.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/234851-latency-frame-rate-problem.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I just recently bought a LG LE5500 55" LED TV for my media center setup. I have noticed that whenever I play videos (HD and SD) the frame rate is up and down. I use XBMC for my videos but it does this with all my media players. This only happens on my PC. I used FRAPS to see what the frame rate was doing and it's a steady 24 fps what a movie should be. I'm using a HDMI connection with a NVIDIA GXT 460. Everything was fine on my old TV (42" Sharp LCD).

Is this the TV or the computer's problem? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Kris

Relevancy 67.08%

fps problem PLEASE HELP ME gt lt Specs ghz P GeForce MB of RAM SBLive WinXPpro I have a problem with my frame rates in games that I haven t been able to figure out I mostly play Counter-Strike but have encountered the same problem with other games Everytime there is something graphic heavy on the screen my Frame 1.7Ghz and problems rate with P4 GF3 frames drop to anywhere around - When not much is goin on it stays at fps The drop in fps is very noticible The really frustrating thing is is that no matter what I do be Frame rate problems with GF3 and P4 1.7Ghz it change game graphic settings resolution memory settings GeForce properties I still get the same drop in framerates fps I feel like I ve tried everything I ve checked all my drivers Tried a number of different Detonator drivers Tried GeForce tweak tools and I ve even tried clean installing windows I ve also tried all kinds Frame rate problems with GF3 and P4 1.7Ghz of tweaks for Counter-Strike but nothing seems to change with my fps Please if anyone has any ideas why this might be happening HELP Thanks nbsp

A:Frame rate problems with GF3 and P4 1.7Ghz

Welcome to 3dspotlight forums but please use meaningful non-pleading topics

Does it drop and stay at 30/50? Or just flicker between that and higher levels?
What resolution are you running CS in?
Is this problem only visable in CS?
Do you have antialiasing or antistropic filtering switched on in the OpenGL or DirectX drivers? Infact which are you using in CS?
If your not using OpenGL I suggest trying those.
What motherboard are you using? Is it SDRAM that you have?

When posting problems like this its useful to have the whole picture as strange things like motherboard chipset problems can often be the cause. Without a full picture forum members could run round in circles guessing at what the guilty component is when it would be plainly obvious if we had the complete details...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frame-rate-problems-with-gf3-and-p4-1-7ghz.648/
Relevancy 67.08%

Before I go off telling a story about the problem, here are my specs.

Windows 7 64 bit
Phenom ii 955 Quad Core Processor at 3.2 Ghz
Patriot Ram Viper Memory 8 gigs 1066Mhz
HD Radeon 6850
Asus m5 Motherboard
ModxStream-pro 700w powersupply
By now you should be like " Oh wait, he should be able to run this " That's what I have been saying. I should be able to run this game at highest settings. I get 30 frames ( single player ) at about lowest, 14-18 frames with highest. My default settings even set me on highest.
I can run Battlefield 2 Bad Company 2 on med-high settings.
GTA4 on highest.
Metro 2033 on highest
And so on..
Super duper confused..

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there Ever since I ve upgraded my system I ve been having a particularly frustrating issue Drops. Help! Periodic Frame Rate with frame rate I m able to run practically any more recent game with the highest settings with liquid fluidity However within a matter of moments sometimes less my FPS drops very low It becomes very sluggish responding slowly to input I ve even attempted to lower resolution and settings even if it did work it wouldn t justify what it does on higher settings yet the problem persists Strangely it does not happen on all games and it seems to be more common with more fairly recent games It s just downright frustrating to know that my PC can handle these games to their highest potential and be forced to play older games If it helps here s several of the games so far that I have had this problem with that I can remember Periodic Frame Rate Drops. Help! ResidentEvil but not hrm Mass Effect Dragon Age Elder Scrolls III Oblivion Left for Dead all Source Engine games for that matter Call of Duty and World at War Help Specs Periodic Frame Rate Drops. Help! Windows XP Pro SP AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Ghz GB RAM GeForce GT DirectX c What I ve already done Reinstalled Windows Updated graphicscard and processor drivers Reseated memory and all other components Installed fan regulation software Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

My rig is listed for quick reference. Now anyway. On this rig any source engine game,combat arms,call of duty,infact every game, Looks choppy below 60fps. Where my laptop looks fine at 30fps with few stutters as long as it maintains the 30fps. Why does it look so much different on my pc rather than my laptop .Could it be the monitor or driver settings. I am using the latest nvidia forceware beta.

A:High Frame Rate Choppy

Probably because the laptop monitor is not as good...30 should be pretty choppy imo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-frame-rate-choppy.145549/
Relevancy 67.08%

Operating System Windows XP Home Edition - CPU -AMD MHz KB RAM MB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce FX Ultra x bit Hz About a week and a half ago I went to play Unreal Tournement I think it stemed from a windows update that i did the night before It would crash as I start it up so I went to dxdaig and it would fail the d d test so I try to reintall the video drivers and even direct x Still did not fix it So I decided try and reinstall XP I thought that i was installin a fresh copy of XP I Have my hard with other partions it install a new copy of XP on one of them MY direct x worked then but now in game I am getting low frame rate went from down to with all the details all low and the settings tweak for faster fps and set the card to run games frame rate for Slow for proformance I have tried every thing that i know of One last thing I booted up in dos from a boot disk it would not let me see or format the drives that have xp Slow frame rate for games on them From what have seen is i have to fdisk those drives IF there Slow frame rate for games is another way let me know please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-frame-rate-for-games.142940/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello First let me start by saying that I have just built a new computer I m using a gt and was recently getting rate Frame 9800GT with issues an average of fps sometimes in the upper fps when playing WoW on max settings I recently logged into WoW and now get an average of fps when the game is on max settings My lat in the game is very low so it isn t a lag problem I think it might be my graphics card but I am not sure Frame rate issues with 9800GT My first question is how do I tell if my graphics card isn t working My dvi is still plugged into the card and I still get a picture on the monitor so does this mean my card is still working I have had trouble with my computer starting first on my build and then later when I installed an eSata to the back of my computer When this happened my computer would not show any activity on my screen and the fan of my graphics card would keep speeding up and then back down about seconds apart After I would take the card out and put it back the computer would tell me that the overclocking had failed even though I had done no such thing Is there some setting or something wrong Any help would be appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Frame rate issues with 9800GT

You can stress test your Graphic Card with OCCT.

Also please give us complete system specifications including PSU type/model/wattage etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frame-rate-issues-with-9800gt.148782/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey all So let me explain my story from the beginning Here Rate WoW Sudden Plummet! Frame were the specs of my WoW Sudden Frame Rate Plummet! PC about weeks ago OS MS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU Intel Core i GHz RAM GB Triple-Channel DDR MHz MB EVGA -BL-E Socket Graphics AMD Radeon HD Display SONY TV x HDs GB INTEL SSDSA M G GC ATA Device SATA - Windows installed on this one GB Western Digital WDC WD WoW Sudden Frame Rate Plummet! AALS- L B ATA Device SATA I play WoW by the way With these specs I was able to play before the new expansion Cataclysm on max WoW Sudden Frame Rate Plummet! settings with FPS and I was able to play after this expansion on max settings as well That is until I decided to get the new Steelseries WoW Cataclysm Gaming Mouse to play with Received it in the mail about a couple weeks ago plugged it in while my PC was already on and installed its drivers from Steelseries site I was very happy with my new mouse because it had awesome hotkeys on it and worked perfectly when I played - great Right Well the next day I go to turn on my PC and right after the screen in the BIOS where it lists like your processor RAM etc the start up stalls on a black screen with one blinking underscore in the top left corner It doesn t pass this screen Frantic I research what to do in this situation and I find a suggestion online to try resetting the CMOS I tried this and nothing happened My dad told me that it was probably the mouse that was causing my PC to not start up so I unplug it and start up again Well I got a little farther this time the start up sequence got as far as where it displays quot Starting Windows quot with a black background where the lights that make the windows insignia circle in to form the panes of the windows logo however the lights never came Instead my PC now was stalled with just the words quot Starting Windows quot showing So I hit the reset button on my PC and after the BIOS it asks me if I want to troubleshoot start up or start windows I choose start windows And finally mouse unplugged after hard resetting during one start up stall my PC boots quot properly quot So after it is started up I plug my mouse back in and log onto WoW The pixel perfect max settings that I was used to playing on were now the most choppy unplayable graphics I had ever experienced Frame rates less than FPS On the same exact settings that just the day before were giving me FPS play What could this possibly be I figured it was a problem with my graphics card I mean it is years old it technically could go bad So just today I got a nice Sapphire Radeon HD to replace it Same exact horrible graphics I got Speccy online and used it to check some things on my PC My CPU is degrees Celsius GPU at degrees Celsius These seem to be normal temperatures so I don t think anything in my PC is overheating Finally I tried taking the new Cataclysm mouse out of the picture to see if it truly was the cause of this problem I plugged in another simple mouse uninstalled the drivers program for the Cataclysm mouse and restarted the PC Well same problem with a totally different mouse and no Cataclysm mouse drivers installed Can anyone pleeeeeease help me solve this problem It is incredibly frustrating trying everything I know and that has been recommended to me by friends and none of it working Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wow-sudden-frame-rate-plummet.970668/
Relevancy 67.08%

So recently my hdd for my laptop crashed that had vista installed on it, so i upgraded my hdd and installed xp instead. before my old hdd crashed i had been playing counter strike on with no troubles on vista, now that i have gone back to play it again this time around on my fps is terrible even with low settings. from what i have seen on the nvidia site i have the most recent driver update for NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M. I don't really understand how this is happening, so any help would be much appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frame-rate-issue-after-downgrading.931927/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi

Im trying to increase frame rate for Battlefield 3, my pc has A Radeon 4600.

can anyone explain what I need to do to increase the frame rate, at the moment its averaging 16 and I would ideally like 30... might not be possible, but any tips would e great.

other info:
2 x quad core i7 cpu
16 gb ram
windows 7 64bit

Thanks

A:Better frame rate on Radeon HD 4600

Get a new videocard. That's where the bottleneck is. But make sure your power supply can supply enough consistent power.

If you wanna keep your current card cranking down the video settings to about the minimum might squeeze out some more although I imagine your already have them set pretty low.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/better-frame-rate-on-radeon-hd-4600.176655/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, i went to start playing call of duty mw2 online today and i just couldnt play because my frame rate was so unbareable, most of my settings on the game are turned up to max and would get around 80-90fps, but today it dropped to 30-40 and i just couldnt play i checked all my drivers and there all upto date was just wonder what else would cause it to drop? (i also cleaned out my computer ie. heat sinks ect.)

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all This is my frame Age rate Dragon dropped first post here so nice to meet you all Dragon Age dropped frame rate and I hope you can help me Okay I have been playing Dragon Age Origins on my laptop and last wednesday I had a break at school and wen t to play again Then I noticed the menu was slow so I started the game and Dragon Age dropped frame rate I hade around fps But that same morning my fps was just normal Since then it didn t change it s like playing dragon age with bullettime slowmotion Ofcourse I did some research myself so here are a few things to exclude My fan is dust clean the excess heat will slow your laptop down mine is weeks old so having this kind of problems would be strange I didn t instal any new drivers or updates My laptop should be well equiped for Dragon Age I did instal two programma s that day SVN Tortoise software to use my school s server OpenOffice Free equivalent of microsoft office My laptop specs are Intel core I Qm ghz turbo gt ghz GB DDR ATI Readon H Hope you can help me out Thanks nbsp

A:Dragon Age dropped frame rate

Did you install it recently? Have you got the latest update? Have you configured/modded the game in any way?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dragon-age-dropped-frame-rate.153479/
Relevancy 67.08%

I bought this dell a while ago maybe a year Here s the computer spec s Intel R Core computer Low frame rate, good TM Quad CPU Q GHz GHZ GB of RAM -bit Operating System Windows Vista NVIDIA GeForce GTX GTX The only problem is that when I run certain game s like Age of Conan or GTA I can t even run GTA on lowest I can t run olbivian elder scrolls on lowest The best I can run is CSS and Age of Conan on low and running Age of conan on low gives me frames per second at best Low frame rate, good computer I m sure you can see why this is fusterating These problems shouldn t be evident with my computer yet they are I think it may have to do with my power supply I had to replace it because the old one couldn t handle my graphics card and I m not sure how well the new one is holding out I don t know the Wattz of it its a gold box we put in the back that has a fan thats all we replaced expect the Graphics gard didnt fit so the tech guy rewired the entire computer and made some changes to the wires so it fit If anyone knows why playing games I should be able to run on high are having troubles running on low please help me or put me out of my misery D nbsp

A:Low frame rate, good computer

http://www.techspot.com/vb/newintopic130758.html

Thread closed. Please don't post the same question all over the place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-frame-rate-good-computer.130757/
Relevancy 67.08%

So I've been having this problem for a long time now When I turn Frame rate Windows being weird. is 7 on my PC and immediately run any game it takes less than minutes for frame rate to drop from maximum to about - fps and it stays this way no matter how low I set Frame rate is being weird. Windows 7 the graphics Sometimes it can get even lower and then jump back to fps for like seconds but Frame rate is being weird. Windows 7 then it goes back to again It is easily fixed with every new NVIDIA driver but the problem will be back again if you turn on the PC the next day I accidentally found a strange solution After waiting minutes for lags to appear I put my computer in sleep mode not sure what you call it in english and wait for half Frame rate is being weird. Windows 7 an hour then I turn it on and wait again for an hour or more It fixes the frame rate issue most of the time but the whole process takes hours or more Also if you put the computer in sleep mode after that or after updating the driver the frame rate will still be normal but if you turn it off it'll be the same problem next time you turn it on Here's the stuff Windows Ultimate x Motherboard Gigabyte H M-D H Processor intel r core tm i - cpu ghz cpus ghz Memory MB RAM Graphics card GeForce GTX Ti

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/frame-rate-being-weird-windows-7-4610274/
Relevancy 67.08%

Before I begin some of my system specs OS Windows XP Professional Low on multiple games. frame rate Build CPU AMD Athlon X Dual core Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS overclocked with MB System memory GB s of DDR ram I had recently upgraded my PC increased my power supply to W threw in a Low frame rate on multiple games. stick of GB DDR Low frame rate on multiple games. ram and installed a GeForce GTS overclocked video card with MB of vram Along with these new upgrades I decided to pick up a copy of Everquest II Echoes of Faydwer all-in-one pack seeing as how my PC exceeds the recommended requirements to run the game and hearing how well the overall game itself is After installing and patching the game I had booted it up made my character and entered the world only to be sorely disappointed When I entered the world I experienced a very low frame rate count when a single NPC or another player pops up on my screen On balanced settings between quality and performance my fps goes down to about - frames if more then one other person or NPC shows up on my screen and on the lowest settings I am down to about - frames if more then one other character comes on to my screen On top of this my frames frequently hiccup during gameplay such as going from - frames right down to - instantly still on the lowest settings and then shooting back up to around - after my screen freezes for about seconds after the sudden drop Needless to say this is quite frustrating so I tried my luck on a different game one that had been sitting on my shelf for quite some time please don t flame me lt lt World of Warcraft Unfortunately I had encountered the same problem on this game although it wasn t as severe and frequent When logging in as a Night Elf to the empty city of Darnassus I would get a very low frame rate for World of Warcraft standards I would roam the city with not another player in view yet my frames would go down to about and when the weather affects start in I m looking at about - frames still without a player in view along with hiccups going from those - frames down to about then shooting back up to about Now obviously my PC isn t anything special but I should be getting a lot better performance then what I am from both of these games So some of the solutions I have tried but worked to no avail are disabling AA and AF settings disabling vsync triple buffering settings video card settings to high performance running both games at x screen resolution scanned for viruses using Kaspersky internet security defraged my PC turned off my antivirus software disabled all startup programs disabled on-board sound card to free up ram adjusted windows appearance for best performance downloaded the recommended drivers for both games not at the same time obviously but one at a time uninstalling one driver to install the other depending on which game I m trying disabled one of my processors seeing as how neither of those games utilize dual core technology from what I hear disable firewall during gameplay running both games in full screen mode to relieve some stress on the PC tried downloading the latest driver for my video card used FreeRAM XP Pro to free up some of my ram and bypassing my router making a straight connection from my modem to my PC Sorry for the long read It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could recommended some solutions that would help improve the frame rate for my PC nbsp

A:Low frame rate on multiple games.

Yeah, tried disabling Vsync/triple buffering to increase frame rate past monitor refresh rate, though unfortunately I still experienced the problem. The only time that I was able to produce higher FPS without Vsync on, as compared to when Vsync was on, is when I was facing an empty wall with no other objects in view, it would shoot up to about 80-90, though the performance in general was pretty much the same if Vsync would of been on.

Appreciate the help though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-frame-rate-on-multiple-games.618177/
Relevancy 67.08%

I am new to MEGUI. I can't find any option here to change the frame-rate. An option appears while creating AVS Script but that's not changeable.

So, how can I change my videos Frame Rate while encoding with MEGUI?

A:MEGUI: how to change frame rate (fps)

I've not used it. But if you are using generic templates or settings based on TV specs, then the fps is fixed. Just a thought.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/megui-how-to-change-frame-rate-fps.1096984/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all,

I would to start off saying that I hope I've posted this thread in the correct section.

Since some time, I've been having problems playing SP and MP games. For example, just a few minutes ago I was playing CS:GO with around 200fps (I know the human eye only sees about 25fps; and I always disable VSYNC since it's of no use to me). Suddenly, the frame rate dropped to 100fps. That wouldn't bother me if there wasn't such an awful lag. It feels like everything is delayed by one second - it just doesn't feel like 100fps at all, more like 10fps. This happens in other games as well, e.g. Far Cry 3. I have absolutely no clue as to how to fix this.

My computer specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
16GB RAM @ 1333MHz
Intel i7-2600k @ 3.40GHz
Nvidia Geforce 590GTX 3GB

A:Frame rate suddenly drops heavily

What else is in your computer?

When you mention the power supply, list the make and model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290511-frame-rate-suddenly-drops-heavily.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Where in Final Cut Express can I type in my own frame rate preset? I'm importing YouTube vide at 640x480.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-my-own-frame-rate-in-final-cut-express.762186/
Relevancy 66.65%

First off my specs are Tb HDD gb ram windows i - CPU msi z -g msi geforce gtx So I've been having problems with my computer for a while now I'm not sure what triggered rate Computer frame is stuttering crashing, it or when but for some time my computer occasionally crashes while I leave it to rest for minutes or so When i came back there was a message that read Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device I ended up restarting my computer and the problem resolved until the next crash happened maybe Computer is crashing, stuttering frame rate once every - week Lately my computer has had a stuttering frame rate while I play games on it I have the latest drivers and I never had problems running games league of legends for example - fps on max setting before until I suddenly started getting - fps I ran the Windows resource and performance monitor diagnostics report and one error Computer is crashing, stuttering frame rate was flagged click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/computer-crashing-stuttering-frame-rate-4609271/
Relevancy 66.65%

Ok so I'm having some problems with AAE. Basically I just downloaded the trial for AAE CS3 Pro, their most recent version. I decided to download the trial to see if it was right for me. Unfortunately every time i import a file from my movies collection, which is generally an old movie i made in windows media player format it plays at a pathetic 18 frames per second, and slows down per effect i put on. What i need to be hitting is 30 frames per second, as it has told me is real time. The program requires at least one gigabyte of RAM, i have 1.5, and another RAM stick uninstalled(might be bad). So thanks, hopefully i can get this to work, with your help, by monday. Media project due thursday =(

-The Tim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-after-effects-frame-rate-problem.650232/
Relevancy 66.65%

Alright i have been using a monitor system for awhile now and switched to the larger monitor Acer w and noticed a drop in frame rates from on my old to barely on the Acer which for some unknown reason has declined even more to steady at ish for normal gameplay and raiding i go down in the single digits when i run it on my inch i still get frame rates and the game looks great but i really want my screen size on the acer with the game play quality i get on my older I have played with my nvidia card options system performance options and ingame options and generally still looks crappy or performs bad Very open to ideas and suggestions and TYVM in advance for even reading this System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NENGIR Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Acer Solved: Frame Wow monitor Low rate- Input Tab No Solved: Wow Low Frame rate- Acer monitor problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Solved: Wow Low Frame rate- Acer monitor Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- - D C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manuf... Read more

A:Solved: Wow Low Frame rate- Acer monitor

Are you changing any settings (resolution etc.) when you switch to the Acer monitor?

You could try updating your graphics card drivers as you are not using the latest NVidia drivers as the ones you are using (v182.50) are about 2 years old now, NVidia released v196.50 (i think it is) this year.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wow-low-frame-rate-acer-monitor.909448/
Relevancy 66.65%

Okay, my problem is, whenever I play any kind of video file it plays a few seconds, then jumps forward a couple of frames and continues doing this start to end.
I've tried playing videos in different players (realplayer, quicktime, windows media player, etc.) and it does the same thing.

I'm running on Windows XP home edition.

Any ideas what's wrong?
Any suggestions appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frame-rate-problem-when-playing-videos.678150/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am running a machine with following;
-AMD 2.2GHZ 3500 processor
-1GIG ram
-ATI Radeon xpress 200m (with 128mb dedicated memory)
-WinXP SP2

I have trouble running games that have requirements that are much less than what my computer has. For example Call of Duty 2, it is not playable unless i turn down all the graphics, and even then the graphics skip sometimes. Come to think of it i cannot play any DirectX 9 game. I have tried to remove spyware and stuff, but it didn't work. My graphics card supports Directx 9 100%

If you have any suggestions please help!

A:Slow frame rate playing games

Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?

You should also be somewhat careful playing games, since laptops (I assume you have a laptop since it's running a Radeon Express card) were not really designed for gaming. WHen you play, make sure there's enough space under and around the laptop for the cooling fans and vents to get access to cool air, otherwise it will heat up very quickly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-frame-rate-playing-games.436140/
Relevancy 66.65%

I've been having problems with TF2's frame rate since I bought it about a month ago. When there's more than about 16 people playing, the frame rate drops to about 9FPS. Even playing with only a few people or even alone it can drop randomly to 13~20FPS. In very small rooms it's at a decent 30~50FPS. I meet all of the required system requirements and all but one of the recommended requirements. I have a Presario with an AMD Athlon XP 3000 processor at 3GHz, a gig of RAM, an NVidia 6200 video card, running Windows XP, using a 1024x768 resolution, and a 500GB brand new hard drive. I tried lowering the resolution, that didn't help. I set all the details to as low as they could go, still doesn't fix anything. Any suggestions?

A:Team Fortress 2 frame rate drop

TF2 doesn't run smoothly on anything but 1000$+ computers at any graphical settings. I may just get 80 FPS without VSync when doing nothing with lowest settings, 65 on highest. In action it's 20-40 at any settings.
There's really nothing to do with a low-end computer and a horribly programmed game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/team-fortress-2-frame-rate-drop.874477/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I don t know anything about computers and just got my first webcam it is the EZ I-Contact Pro PC Camera with Headset the box says the frame rate is up to fps when i go into the settings slow problem, Webcam rate? frame it s set at the problem is that when i record there is a delay like my lips are moving slower than the words i m saying i really don t want to have to buy a new camera so i m hoping there is something i can do to make my lips and voice be in synch like Webcam problem, slow frame rate? i said don t know much about computers so i don t know what else you need to know i have windows xp the software i Webcam problem, slow frame rate? downloaded with the Webcam problem, slow frame rate? cam is ezvideo mail ezmedia box ezlive moniter i ve only used ezvideo mail and ezmedia box same thing happened with both i emailed myself the video and it was just as it was when i recorded it please help thank you so much nbsp

A:Webcam problem, slow frame rate?

Is your copy of XP updated to Service Pack 3? What is your computers make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-problem-slow-frame-rate.118069/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a 3.2 GHz Pentium 4. 2 GB DDR2 Ram. GeForce 8600 GTS

I did a fresh install about 2 months ago. Have all the new drivers, etc.

I play with all the settings low, except spell detail, yet I only get about 5-10 FPS during raid environments. I was expecting around 25-30. I have no idea what would be lagging down the system. The only other program I have open is Ventrilo. Running a total of 33 Processes.

Anybody have any ideas of what may be the problem or what I could do to adjust it?

A:World of Warcraft Frame Rate Issue

It's a pretty known problem, a lot of people are complaining that their FPS is going down with every patch. I dont know the problem nor does anyone else i know, but i can tell you mine has gone down. I play at about 20 fps with high settings so i dont notice it much.

OH YEAH ok look, go to your WTF folder in your wow folder and delete everything from it EXCEPT your characters name. When i did this i had about a 10 fps increase. And if it screws up your UI just reload them from the recycle bin and delete them one at a time.

it mostly gets rid of all the saved **** from other ppls wows that you have run on your comp.

Go to the wow webiste and go to tech support forum. there is actually a list of things to do to increase your fps, and thats at the top of the list.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/world-of-warcraft-frame-rate-issue.638803/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I have a problem with low frame - rate frame Low Final XI Fantasy problem rate when playin FFXI I bought this brand new laptop with the following specs TOSHIBA P Pentium HT Ghz MB gb hard drive nvidia Gforce FX MB Go WinXP All drivers direct x and winXP are up to date so with these specs and the fact that the game s box says that it is optimized for pentium HT whatever that means i thought I d up the settings for graphics The only thing i changed over the default settings is the overlay graphics I changed it from x to x at x the frame rate is acceptable but i still get noticable slowdowns at x the frame rate is slow the response of Final Fantasy XI - Low frame rate problem the controls is very lagged if i press forward the character starts to move a Final Fantasy XI - Low frame rate problem little bit later Its not connection related because I m on a MB dsl are my specs not good enough or am I missing something oh and I tried the benchmark thingy and i got a score of Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Final Fantasy XI - Low frame rate problem

Is this the benchmark you tried:
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/benchmark.html

If so thats low and that why the game doesn't run that well. Do you have any other games and how do they run. The FX5200 isn't a great card, and generally the Go, laptop, versions are slower then the true version of the same card. You can go to display properties and Advanced to modify the performance/visual settings for better performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/final-fantasy-xi-low-frame-rate-problem.216467/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello games basic Frame Low Rate videos for or I ve been suffering with this issue for a while now and have not been able to find any appropriate advice or discussion from people struggling with the same issue Basically my when im playing any game on my laptop it will generally run fine for a while and will Low Frame Rate for basic games or videos go through periods min of running fine and then it will all go to pot The frame rate will drop to below frames per second and it will remain very laggy for min intervals I have this issue with all the games Im playing some very old Oblivion rugby Total Annihilation CoD all of which ran fine on my laptop when I first bought it I also have this issue when watching videos online bbc Iplayer though this could potentailly be a different issue to do with my connection though it behaves in much the same way Formatted it not to long ago but that didn t help and I regularly run CCleaner and generally have a fairly well looked after system My laptop is about years old Acer TravelMate Laptop Processor - AMD Turion tm x mobile tech tl GHz RAM - GB -bit operating system Windows Home Premium Any help would be much appreciated Cheers Will nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi. My computer is around 2yrs old and it has always serve me well in games. It's only recently that it started to drop frame rates all of a sudden while gaming. I didn't have this problem b4 wif the same games and I did clean my cooler fins and fans once in a while. Anybody has any idea?

A:Sudden drop in frame rate during gaming

whats games are you playing that have the drop in frame rate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-drop-in-frame-rate-during-gaming.145137/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi i was just wondering if there was a way to display your current frame rate in Call of Duty, the origional. If not that's ok, i just wanted to know how i'm doing.

-The Maha

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, I'm starting to have trouble with HyperCam 2. It's taking up absolutely too much frame rate! I can start off playing a game at 43 FPS, and then when I start HyperCam, the frame rate crashes to about 2 FPS! How do you fix this?

Relevancy 66.65%

I'm trying to learn all I can about different capture cards to burn video CDs of my VHS home movies. As I move toward buying one for my Win98SE system.

Since I don't have digital videos, but only VHS...I can't use a firewire card to capture them. And I understand that the capture speed my HDD is capable of is important in not "dropping frames" in the capture process.

I've been told(but not how to do it) that VirtualDub's Benchmark file can run a test on my HDD and tell me this.

Does anyone know how to configure or set up the Benchmark utility to get that test info?

thanks,
jow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frame-rate-benchmark-settings-in-virtualdub.80246/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello HD ATI Rate Problem Frame Radeon 3200 this is my first posting on this forum I am currently having problems with my graphics when playing graphically intense games Regardless of game there is a massive loss of frame rates which is quite atypical of my computer which normally runs everything very smoothly It was really an over night switch from quot hey I m your computer and I love playing games quot to quot oh no more games for you quot This is very upsetting and puzzling In order to fix ATI Radeon HD 3200 Frame Rate Problem this I have Done ATI Radeon HD 3200 Frame Rate Problem a virus scan Done a spyware scan defragged my hard drive installed new drivers for the graphics card I checked some more things and discovered that my computer claims that the drivers for the quot Multimedia Video Controller quot are out of date I honestly have no idea what that is what it s function is or why it may be preventing me from playing Dragon Age where last week it was running just fine Any suggestions would be met with gratitude and joy System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name CASTLERAVENLOFT Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model DX BIOS Default System BIOS Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Radeon HD Graphics Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Gateway HX Monitor Model HX Monitor Id GWY CC Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name atiu p dll aticfx dll atiu pag aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE -D - CF- - A C C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x ------------- -------------- System Devices -------------- Name LSI PCI-SV PP Soft Modem Device ID PCI VEN C amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV amp AB amp amp A Driver n a Name PCI standard host CPU bridge Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp A A amp amp Driver n a Name Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp A A amp amp Driver n a Name Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Device ID PCI VEN AB amp DEV B amp SUBSYS amp REV amp FA B C amp amp Driver n a Name PCI standard host CPU bridge Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp A A amp amp C Driver n a Name High Definition Audio Controller Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV F amp SUBSYS amp REV amp amp amp Driver n a Name Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp A A amp amp Driver n a Name Realtek Extensible b g Wireless Device Device ID PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS EC amp REV amp AB amp amp A Driver n a Name PCI standard host CPU bridge Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp A A amp amp C Driver n a Name ATI Radeon HD Series Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS E B amp REV amp A A amp amp Driver n a Name Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS ... Read more

A:ATI Radeon HD 3200 Frame Rate Problem

Can we assume that Windows 7 64-bit is fully updated, and that your have DX11 properly installed? Select RUN and type DXDIAG enter. From what you posted, this is your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-hd-3200-frame-rate-problem.145376/
Relevancy 66.65%

GeForce4 Question

Hello,

I just bought a GeForce 4 ti 4400 and it seem that it is running alot slower than it is suppose to. For example, in the game Unreal Tournament I get around 75fps and it doesnt seem to go up much more than that. Now My question is, did I had to do something in the BIOS or change any settings so that it runs as it is suppose to or did I just pay $300 for nothing?

Thanks,

SX

A:GeForce4 ti 4400 slow frame rate

Perhaps you need to disable V-sync and increase the refresh rate of your monitor above 75Hz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce4-ti-4400-slow-frame-rate.533/
Relevancy 65.79%

Ok first of all I am new here and am not sure if this is the correct section to make this post in new gaming on PC frame games brand rate Inconsistent so forgive me if i m wrong I recently bought a new pc with the intention of running games Inconsistent frame rate in games on brand new gaming PC at decent graphics settings These are the specs ignoring the irrelevant parts like disk trays ext AMD Phenom x T x Mhz processor ASUS M N T-M LE Motherboard gb of DDR RAM tb Samsung hard drive AMD Radeon HD gb graphics card Ever since buying it i ve noticed that the frame rate it s capable of producing fps on most of my games locked due to vsync at hz on my monitor at x resolution and with high settings However when things start to pick up the frame rate often drops quite considerably Normally I would put this down to the settings being to high but after about or minutes the frame rate will normally return to frames A good example of this would be in League of Legends where I have fps for the most part but will often drop to around Even in World of Warcraft in a vs battleground the frame rate will return with seemingly no change in what s going on around me almost as if it s taking ages to prep itself for it These problems also occur on lower graphics settings even on lowest in world of warcraft so I doubt it s me overloading the settings I turn off all the background programs that i m aware of and have even resorted to using the overclocking software provided with my motherboard on my CPU but nothing seems to work I also did a windows performance scan and discovered that all the categories gave a score of above except my hard drive which got a could this be an issue So far my attempts to fix this via searching forums have resulted in people saying quot you shouldn t be experiencing these problems quot but I am and would appreciate any help on this issue nbsp

A:Inconsistent frame rate in games on brand new gaming PC

Hope ya got the latest video card drivers n windows updates. Really do you even notice the fps drop or are you staring the fps numbers? Also you can go into your power management and adjust your settings so your cpu is running above the normal 5% on idle.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inconsistent-frame-rate-in-games-on-brand-new-gaming-pc.168137/
Relevancy 65.79%

So I recently updated before shutdown, and now everything is moving slower. Not loading slower, moving slower. Like I used to pull up Chrome and it'd be like BOOM there's Chrome. Now its like boooommm ttthhheeerrreeesss cchhhrrrooommmme. The screens frame rate has gone snail on me and that's not a good thing. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it even the updates fault? If so or not, how can I fix this?

A:April 2013 Update: Frame Rate Issue

Seems like something's eating up you CPU badly. Check the "Processes" tab in task manager and sort the list by CPU usage to find out who's using up the poor CPU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/286005-april-2013-update-frame-rate-issue.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm currently using a Radeon 9700 Pro and it has been working fine for quite some time (I forget exactly how long). But it?s been misbehaving lately. Colored (blue and yellow, to be specific) lines run vertically across the screen, congregating around things like desktop icons and my pointer. Polygons are stretched to some infinitely distant point. And my frame rate drops to nearly nothing. The first problem has been rather on and off, while the second two inevitably happen a few minutes into almost any of my games. Any help?

A:Dots and Distortion and Frame Rate, oh my! (Assistance Required)

Your GPU may be overheating. Is the fan on your graphics card still working properly? I say properly because just because it turns doesn't mean it's turning fast enough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dots-and-distortion-and-frame-rate-oh-my-assistance-required.27344/
Relevancy 65.79%

I switched from voodoo3 to GF3 ti200 but i not seeing any increase in frame rate... its still running around 25-40 fps depends on what is on the screen.

Is this suppose to be like this on counter strike or did i mess of on something?

Any help or info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Friend

A:GF3 Ti200 in Counter Strike, frame rate suffers help plz!

Hard one

Maybe we could help you if we had some more info about your system.

What drivers are you using also ?

BTW welcome to the Forums :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gf3-ti200-in-counter-strike-frame-rate-suffers-help-plz.97/
Relevancy 65.79%

This is, I hope, a very simple matter.
I want to set up an option which allows me to alter the frame rate, so that there is the choice of playing the game at a faster or slower speed.
I know how I want it to work, but I cannot find an Action Script command to give me mastery of the fps. The Help system is very hard to find your way around.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/action-script-frame-rate-control-in-flash.388514/
Relevancy 65.79%

I - Frame GT Intermittent problem GeForce 8600 Rate have the GeForce GT and I have been noticing a problem with my graphics-heavy games Every ten minutes Intermittent Frame Rate problem - GeForce 8600 GT or so the frame rate will slow down to something pitiful like fps and I ll have to stop playing - a tough task in online games It usually lasts for anywhere from five to ten minutes and will then with just as little warning resume at Intermittent Frame Rate problem - GeForce 8600 GT full speed I have only been able to pin this on the graphics card as I don t see it happening in any other instances than graphics heavy games If it were consistent to a certain game all the all the time or if the effects were fixed by moderating graphics options I would not be confused The thing is that it is not consistent It happens on multiple games and it happens on older games that my computer should run flawlessly that lesser cards and rigs have run perfectly I have completely undercut the game s performance settings to see if less work on the card will equal more performance but there has been no change It still continues to sporadically crater and I am completely bewildered as to why or how to fix this problem The game will work fine half the time then work terribly the other half It seems to me that if it were a problem with the games being too labour intensive for the card it would be consistently occurring from the moment the game is loaded not intermittent and without being context-sensitive to graphics-heavy situations such as smoke etc It is very impudent when my computer tells me when to take a break lol Here is my rig Any help is appreciated Windows XP SP nVidia GeForce GT - MB MotherBoard ASUSTeK Computer INC P K SE Rev xx Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc Realtek Onboard Audio Megabytes DDR RAM Processor gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-frame-rate-problem-geforce-8600-gt.906452/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi guys this Severe 3.3v to rate drops frame rail and 3.28v issues 2nd is my first post here though i have been browsing for some time now I have a problem as the title suggests I built a PC over the last months and was devastated today when i finall got my GFX card through and installed it my fps was extremely bad and at shoot off scenes it was dropping to single digits Here Severe frame rate issues and 2nd rail 3.3v drops to 3.28v is my Spec Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate Motherboard M R -MVP Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD X Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor CPUs GHz Hard Disk Drive Raptor GB Memory MB RAM DDR Power Supply watt Sound Onboard Sound Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode The game Crysis Severe frame rate issues and 2nd rail 3.3v drops to 3.28v on this configuration even when everything is set to normal is unplayable due to frame rate dropping considerably Now you may say that Crysis is a very demanding game and Severe frame rate issues and 2nd rail 3.3v drops to 3.28v thats fine but a friend of mine as the following spec Operating System Windows XP Professional Motherboard M A -MVP DELUXE Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz Hard Disk Drive Raptor GB Memory MB RAM DDR Power Supply watt Sound SB Audigy ZS Audio E Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode With his spec Crysis runs very good In areas where not much is happening his PC runs an average of f s where as mine averages at around f s and his in areas where multiple enemies are shooting at him drops to around f s where min drops to about - f s I have no idea why this is the way it is If anything our PC s are at a very similar spec but yet his set up performs wonders against mine Also to note i struggled to find actual drivers for my gfx card and even with the driver CD that came with the GFX card i still got a error during install due to the Southbridge not being prresent or not being able to be seen I personally believe it to be either the HDD PSU or the MOBO but im no computer whizz and have limited knowledge in this field though i do know my way around the PC Finally but not least the voltage I used a software called PC Probe and all volts barring were slightly above normal which i am told is normal The second rail showcasing V generally stays at V but drops to especially when i load up Crysis and leave it on the pause screen or the main menu screen Im out of ideas and have decided to seek help I hope you can help me and together we can sort this problem out If you require further info please ask away i have both mine and my friends DXDIAG should you require information from there in part or full Thank you for reading my long post and i hope a solution can be found nbsp

A:Severe frame rate issues and 2nd rail 3.3v drops to 3.28v

Also realize that Crysis does have a DirectX 10 path of the game which do provide some visual improvements, but at the cost of some very measurable performance. You can see the improvements by mousing-over the images on this page:
http://webpages.charter.net/bliss/

As you can see on this set of benchmarks (which have come up for both NV and ATI with newer drivers), DX10 mode does trail DX9 mode of the game:
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2222417,00.asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/severe-frame-rate-issues-and-2nd-rail-3-3v-drops-to-3-28v.100348/
Relevancy 65.79%

Can anyone tell me how to fix Delta Force 2. After I play for a short time the frame rate starts to slow down and everything is out of sync. I have a Gateway with Pent III 550 MHz and a Geforce 2 MX 400 and I have downloaded the patch and defraged the system.

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I m hoping that there s someone that can help me out a bit here I recently needed to change my video card Geforce Issues GT Frame Rate XFX 9800 Force from my gforce because the chip overheated and burned out the fan ceased working I replaced it with an XFX Force gt Now i m getting utterly terrible frame rates in games World of Warcraft Everything i m reading seems to point to the PSU not supplying enough power to the card I m also seeing suggestions to make sure that a -pin PCI-e connector is plugged into the card Unfortunately there doesn t seem to be a PCI-e plug on this card The card is a PCI-e x card and it is in the proper slot of course On my older XFX Force Geforce 9800 GT Frame Rate Issues card i was getting - fps nearly constant Now it s down to - fps I m running on a w PSU Would upgrading the PSU help me out Any help would be brilliant Thanks nbsp

A:XFX Force Geforce 9800 GT Frame Rate Issues

There should have been something like this supplied in the box with your card.
http://www.power-on.com/images/product/accessories/drivetopciexpress.jpg

Also, what PSU are you using. That should have at least one of these 6 Pin PCI-E connectors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-force-geforce-9800-gt-frame-rate-issues.133989/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have the GeForce GT and I have been noticing a problem with my graphics-heavy games Every ten minutes or so the frame rate will slow down to something pitiful like fps and I ll have to stop playing - a tough Intermittent GeForce Rate problem Frame - GT 8600 task in online games It usually lasts for anywhere from five to ten minutes and will then with just as little warning resume at full speed I have only been able to pin this on the graphics card as I don t see it happening in any other instances than graphics heavy games If it were consistent to Intermittent Frame Rate problem - GeForce 8600 GT a certain game all the all the time or if the effects were fixed by moderating graphics options I would not be confused The thing is that it is not consistent It happens on multiple games and it happens on older games that my computer should run flawlessly that lesser cards and rigs have run perfectly I have completely undercut the game s performance settings to see if less work on the card will equal more performance but there has been no change It still continues to Intermittent Frame Rate problem - GeForce 8600 GT sporadically crater and I am completely bewildered as to why or how to fix Intermittent Frame Rate problem - GeForce 8600 GT this problem The game will work fine half the time then work terribly the other half It seems to me that if it were a problem with the games being too labour intensive for the card it would be consistently occurring from the moment the game is loaded not intermittent and without being context-sensitive to graphics-heavy situations such as smoke etc It is very impudent when my computer tells me when to take a break lol Here is my rig Any help is appreciated Windows XP SP nVidia GeForce GT - MB MotherBoard ASUSTeK Computer INC P K SE Rev xx Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc Realtek Onboard Audio Megabytes DDR RAM Processor gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermittent-frame-rate-problem-geforce-8600-gt.143694/
Relevancy 64.93%

tl dr I realise that this is a slightly lengthy post as I wished to reduce the need for repetitive conference through behaviour frame-rate Age: Weird Origins specific?) (Dragon including as much detail as I imagine might be appropriate I apologise and Weird frame-rate behaviour (Dragon Age: Origins specific?) if pressed for time paragraph will probably be of the most relevance Thankyou simply for taking the time to review my problem and thankyou in anticipation of help Firstly I would like to make it clear that it is entirely possible I am being naive by Weird frame-rate behaviour (Dragon Age: Origins specific?) assuming that this is a quot problem quot as such rather than normal behaviour when attempting to play a Weird frame-rate behaviour (Dragon Age: Origins specific?) game on settings possibly too high for my hardware If someone more knowledgeable than myself thinks so then I would appreciate a brief confirmation however I would also like to apologise profusely for what could be considered a waste of said knowledgeable person s time On then to the point When starting up Dragon Age Origins I enjoy a very short-lasting approximately seconds - minute excellent frame-rate before the game drops into a much slower frame-rate although still arguably playable on the same video settings which are admittedly fairly high as I have come to expect good performance from my laptop and with roughly the same in-game conditions This issue has been consistent over a number of attempts and I am simply curious as to whether some other issue is present or it is merely a case of exceeding my system s capability As I have said if the frame-rate was constantly poor I would have no doubt as to the fact that the latter was true but the initial difference gives me pause I have not specifically noticed the issue in any other games despite considering myself a PC quot gamer quot and having multiple games installed and regularly played I have also tried lowering the video settings however the results seemed to be if anything only slightly better My laptop s specs taken from the supplier s website so sorry for the bad formatting are Display quot HD Acer CineCrystal TFT LCD WXGA -nit x Resolution Operating System Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium Bit Processor Intel Core Duo T GHz MHz FSB MB L Cache Memory GB DDR RAM MB Configuration Hard Drive GB SATA HDD Graphics Card Mobile Intel PM Express Chipset with Nvidia GeForce M GS MB VRAM Optical Drive DVD SuperMulti CD DVD reader writer for all types of CD DVD discs Connectivity Intel Wireless WiFi Link AGN dual-band quad-mode a b g Draft-N Bluetooth EDR Enhanced Data Rate Gigabit Ethernet MHz K ITU V with PTT approval Audio Optimised nd Generation Dolby Home Theater audio enhancement featuring Dolby Digital Dolby Digital Live Dolby Pro Logic IIx Dolby Headphone Dolby Natural Bass and Dolby Sound Space Expander technologies Built in Speakers and Acer Tuba CineBass booster Webcam Integrated Mp Acer Crystal Eye webcam Finger Print Reader Acer Bio-Protection fingerprint solution I O Interfaces HDMI Port USB Ports ExpressCard -in- card reader SD MMC MMCplus MS MS PRO xD Headphone speaker RJ modem port RJ network port Consumer Infrared Port CIR Battery W mAh -cell Li-ion battery pack - hours battery life Dimensions W x D x H mm Weight KG Software Load Acer Empowering Technology Acer Arcade Deluxe Acer Bio-Protection Acer Crystal Eye Acer GridVista Acer Launch Manager Acer GameZone Adobe Reader CyberLink PowerDirector trial version McAfee Internet Security Trial NTI Media Maker Microsoft Works with Office Home and Student Trial and I am currently running avast antivirus would AVG be better Any other specs you need to know about just ask Thankyou nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I ve been looking for days now for a solution and I dont seem to be able to find Since I installed my new radeon pro whatever resolution I play in Counter-strike I get serious drops of frame rates everytime there s something happening on 9700 drops with Frame rate Counter-strike Radeon my screen I notice a hole bunch of people with this card are having issued I m begging for help I Counter-strike with Radeon 9700 Frame rate drops ve installed drivers Reinstalled them Removed them and then put em back Using Rage d i ve underclocked my videocard to clock for memory and cpu I ve havent overclocked it cause i m scared I Use to play with a Radeon le and a Geforce and never noticed this problem before If some would be so kind as but to help me I would really apreciate P - Asus motherboard ddr ram sound Blaster Live with updated drivers Radeon Pro most recent catalyst drivers Cable modem SyncMaster dr screen with updated drivers Never updated my bios Counter-strike with Radeon 9700 Frame rate drops or my chipset of my motherboard cause I m scared to screw it up ----- gt begging for help lt ----- Thx ahead guys nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I ve spent the last two hours browsing endless internet forums trying to find a solution to increase my frame rate Although I m not foreign to computers etc I am out of my depth when dealing with graphics So I decided to get some individual advice in the hands of experts Basically I play Pro Evolution Soccer loads and I m trying to get frame confusion! Increase for rate gaming/drivers/general it to run at the optimum frame rate so it displays better on the TV I output my laptop via s-video to the TV for playing I noticed the Frapps program being mentioned so I downloaded that to find that my FPS was - in the game I think my computer can do HZ so surely the FPS can be boosted to around FPS But I d be happy even if the FPS was nearer fps I ve seen Vsync being mentioned in various forums but I don t know how to disable that or even if it is beneficial The thing is I m a bit confused with the drivers stuff and all I can find is in quot Display quot which is quot Plug and Play Monitor on Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family quot Also briefly read that increasing virtual memory will affect FPS so set that at mb now I m not sure what info you need or even how to obtain it but I guess I can give the System Properties stuff Computer Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz GHz MB of RAM Physical Address Extension Any help is VERY greatly appreciated Thanks Wiseman nbsp

A:Increase frame rate for gaming/drivers/general confusion!

Your monitor doing 60Hz is just the refresh rate. When playing games with v-sync enables your framerate will not go higher than your refresh rate which is 60Hz (hence won't go higher than 60fps). If you disable v-sync (won't necessarily increase performance if you have low framerates already) than your framerate can go higher than the refresh rate (virtually unlimited) for even smoother gameplay BUT you get what is called horizontal tearing which can kinda suck in a lot of games.

To reduce tearing you can enable triple buffering. All it does is render both second the third frames while the first is being displayed. but some issues can come from this such us the third frame might be displayed over the second. Although this is rare (at least for me)

In your case your running an old Intel with a rather crappy graphics card. You can try overclocking your CPU but I don't think it will help much. You PC (no offence) is rather crap when it comes to performance. The only real viable chance of geting higher framerates is to buy a new PC, or at least get a more powerful graphics card. But your CPU being at 1.6GHz will be a bottle neck for it.

Your pretty much screwed. Buy a new PC, make sure its custom built as custom builds are the best (You know what your getting).

EDIT: Sorry if spelling is off. I got up REAL early to get the papers from the garage and am really tired.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/increase-frame-rate-for-gaming-drivers-general-confusion.99243/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have pinpointed the primary source of my graphics card's coil whine as high fps. In some applications such as crysis, I get upwards of 4000 fps in the intro screens, causing my graphics card to sound like its a dying rat. Obviously this is completely unnecessary...is there a program or feature of catalyst that allows me to limit the fps across all programs?

Thanks

A:Limit Frame rate across all programs? (high fps causing coilwhine)

Turn on vsync in the graphic card's control panel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/246873-limit-frame-rate-across-all-programs-high-fps-causing-coilwhine.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi, I tried running Left 4 Dead with the following key components:

Intel E6300 @ 2.8GHZ
Kingston 2gb DDR2 667mhz
Geforce 8400GS 512MB 450mhz
Cooler Master 500WATTS PS

However, I have very unstable frame rates (yes I have installed the latest drivers for my mobo and the gpu) even when I choose the video settings to very low. I have tried running on Can You Run It? and it passed the recommended requirements easily. I have tried the game on my previous computer with the following key components:

Intel E8400 @ 3.0GHZ
Kingston 2gb DDR2 667mhz
Geforce 8800GT 512MB 640mhz
Antec Earthwatts 500WATTS

With the above parts, I could run the game smoothly even at the highest settings. The only difference I see in these 2 computers are the GPU and the processor in which the first com isn't very far behind...so pros, please help me on this! Thanks.

A:Frame rate issue when running Left 4 Dead with 8400GS

Both cards arent great performers, L4D isnt an old game, I'd guess you may be getting what 30 fps, maybe?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frame-rate-issue-when-running-left-4-dead-with-8400gs.129335/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi, I have a laptop with these specs:

Acer Aspire 5520:

Dual Core AMD Turion64x2 Processors

Geforce 7000m 512 MB GPU

3 Gigabytes of RAM

XP Professional

I am getting really bad frame rates with Splinter Cell Double Agent.

Anybody got any ideas?

I think my graphic chip is good enough to play it.
Thanks,
-eXaByTe

A:Solved: Splinter Cell Double Agent - Bad frame rate ---HELP! :(

"*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release

ATI® X1600/X1800/X1900 NVidia® 6600 /6800/7300/7600/7800/7900

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported."

Those are the supported cards for Splinter Cell: Double Agent. As you can see, not even the desktop version of graphics card is supported. The only thing I can suggest is turning your settings way down, but even that may not work. The 7000m is a pretty low-end card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-splinter-cell-double-agent-bad-frame-rate-help.730569/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi guys,
I have installed gta4 on my m/c that is having intel C2Q8200 cpu+2gb ddr2 ram+evga 8600gt(1024ddr2).
The os is xp sp2, i've got rmn 40 error, and with a registry patch i'm able to play the game, but the fact is inspite of metting recommended requirements for the game, even on 800x600 resolution with everything lowest, i am getting fps no more than 15 on avg.
Is it due to the fact the xp sp3 can resolve the problem, or anything else.
the new thing is that i got a samsung 2233sw 22in monitor, but the resolution i have set is 800x600 only.
Even crysis warhead is performing well with 4x antialiasing on the same system.
Should i get the sp3 upgrade, or my m/c can give this much only.
Please comment on this.

A:GTA4 on XP SP2 very poor frame rate, Q8200 + Nvidia 8600gt

Gta 4 was a real pain in the *** to run.

Its bad programming, not your pc.

I would personnaly say you are at your limit. Ensure you have the game fully patched up to date.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gta4-on-xp-sp2-very-poor-frame-rate-q8200-nvidia-8600gt.129320/