Windows Support Forum

Battery leaked and stopped working. How to fix it?

Q: Battery leaked and stopped working. How to fix it?

Hello HPForums,I realized the battery had troubles when I unplugged my laptop to take it to the bathroom (haha). I turned off inmediately. So I checked for the battery to be well connected and it was OK. When I removed it, i found this gummy yellow substance that smells sweet on one of the sides. It was both in the battery and on the slot.(See photo attached). Battery is PI06 manufactured on 2013. The battery doesn't work but the computer do knows it is plugged in. Is there a fix? And what was the cause of this leak? I handle my computer really carefully and don't leave it plugged often. Thanks!f

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Battery leaked and stopped working. How to fix it?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Battery leaked and stopped working. How to fix it?

@giantfrancor

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-leaked-and-stopped-working-How-to-fix-it/td-p/5660667
Relevancy 64.93%

I ve been having a strange problem with the battery for my Thinkpad laptop I noticed Battery Stopped Working Thinkpad Suddenly the other day that Thinkpad Battery Suddenly Stopped Working it wasn t charging when I plugged the AC adapter in Eventually it ran out completely and would not charge at all This happened very suddenly it was working fine a week ago If I have the battery installed and AC attached and hit the power button the system will start up for a few seconds and then shut down Sometimes it will randomly start AGAIN for another few seconds and then shut down The only way I can get the computer to run is with the battery removed and AC adapter attached If I start the computer up with the AC adapter attached and then insert the battery the computer immediately powers down I really want to get this problem resolved I m hoping that it s just the battery itself but it seems strange that it would stop working so suddenly From my experience laptop batteries tend to lose their power over time And even if the battery was no good shouldn t the computer still work as long as the AC line is connected I have no problem replacing the battery I m just not certain that this is the real issue It seems that the AC adapter works fine Is this likely just a battery problem or is it possible that the motherboard is damaged nbsp

A:Thinkpad Battery Suddenly Stopped Working

Hi Dan and welcome to TSG.

I assume your Thinkpad's warranty has run out.

It could be a problem with the motherboard power circuitry but that would be expensive to fix.

As the charger looks ok the easiest and cheapest thing to do is to try a new battery.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-battery-suddenly-stopped-working.1138095/
Relevancy 64.93%

Once I plugged in charger while my notebook was turned off.
It lighted Plug LED and Battery LED was blinking after 3 seconds.

I reinserted battery and it charged fine.
One day I was using my NB200 and it run out of charge, I plugged in and same thing happen but even after reinserting battery it won't start.

Plugging in it for long time doesn't heats up battery nor notebook. I can only start it without battery plugged in. Inserting battery shuts down PC after 1 seconds and LED of battery again blinks after 3 seconds.

What does it means? I tired putting battery in fridge because I read on internet it might fix but no luck.

Any idea how can I fix it.

A:Battery suddenly stopped working on NB200-10z

Hi

First of all you have to know that the notebook should run properly without the battery but with connected AC adaptor.
Even if the battery would be faulty or empty, the connected AC adaptor should supply power and you should be able to power up the notebook.

In case this isn?t possible, I assume an power supply electronic malfunction.

However, you could test the following workaround:
Try to power up and to boot the notebook without the battery.
Then go to device manager and uninstall the following entries under batteries:
- Microsoft composite battery
- Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery

Then reboot the notebook.
Power OFF again and insert the battery.
Power On the notebook and check if the unit would run properly.

Of course it would be also recommend testing the notebook in connection with another good and tested battery.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?78509-Battery-suddenly-stopped-working-on-NB200-10z
Relevancy 64.5%

Product Name: HPVI04 Notebook batteryUsed in Laptop: HP ENVY 14 Notebook PCBattery life: 15 months Issue:  The battery(HPVI05 NOTEBOOK Battery) stopped working only 14months after purchase. Tried to buy the product online but this product is one of the worst product with 100s of poor reviews and helpless customer service facing the same problem. The customer service is equally bad with hours of waiting time and no solution. Tried to point out the poor feedback given to product but seems Team HP does not bother. Please Help P.S: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-vi04-notebook-battery?jumpid=Accessories_Finder_PDP #product details  #poorcustomerreview

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-stopped-working-month-after-warranty-period-was-over/td-p/5854512
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello All I m new to the site and after having been tasked to fix my girlfriends computer I m left scratching my head I don t know what she or her son did to this machine but everything I have tried has not worked So any help would be greatly appreciated Machine - Dell Inspriron INSP OS - Vista -bit SP Issues - Cannot start internet browsers outside of safe mode Every time I have tried I get an APPCRASH Error IE - Internet Explorer has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp d d Fault Module Name iexplore exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp d d Exception Code c Exception Offset d OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Firefox Stopped stopped starting Process Client DNS Host Errors. IE and Working, APPCRASH working has Firefox, (Rundll32) Has and When - Firefox has Stopped Working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name firefox exe Application Version Application Timestamp fda Fault Module Name firefox exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp fda Exception Code c Exception Offset b OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f When trying to get into Control Panel gt Internet Options Windows host process Rundll has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name rundll exe Application Version Application Timestamp b e Fault Module Name rundll APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp b e Exception Code c d Exception Offset a OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Intermittently after logging in DNS Client has stopped working Hasn t happened since I APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. ran AVG PC Tuneup I do not have a problem signature at this time Though I do remember the fault was in svchost exe DNS or something like that I will post it if it happens again What I ve done is install AVG Malwarebytes Spybot S amp D and AVG PC tuneup All have found problems And fixed some of them though I still cannot get online I have tried to do a startup repair without the Windows Disk but I cannot log in Any ideas or help you may have would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors.

Here is the DNS client has stopped working error

DNS Client has stopped working

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: svchost.exe_Dnscache
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918b89
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18327
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb73436
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000250fb
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7373
Additional Information 2: 38d9ec761cde35dc7ff9a3014cbc1e9a
Additional Information 3: 007a
Additional Information 4: f2126b35ab5de9a1c961e83e18b5e24b

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460265/appcrash-when-starting-ie-and-firefox-dns-client-has-stopped-working-and-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-errors/
Relevancy 53.75%

this morning i got those 2 errors pop up, and i cannot get into system info, cannot do a system restore
running windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epower-tray-has-stopped-working-oddpwr-has-stopped-working.1028791/
Relevancy 53.75%

HI I'VE INSTTALED WINDOWS PROF ON MY PC I M TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS ULTIMATE BY CLICKING ON SETUP EXE AN ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL WINDOWS ON MY PC Windows has working stopped working has stopped or installer setup.exe BUT THE ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING SAME THING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING AND ALL OTHER SETUP IN THAT DRIVE ARE SAYING SAME THING DON'T KNOW WTTD HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP I'M IN BIG TROUBLE NOTHING IS GOING TO INSTALL ERROR Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name setup exe Microsoft Windows Operating System Application Version Application Timestamp a Fault Module Name setup exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a Exception Code c Exception Offset f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline E Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working

Hi,

Lets start here:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278753-windows-installer-has-stopped-working-setup-exe-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello there I have an ASUS K IE laptop that i had for years now been working fine until days ACPI but is battery detect doesn't 7 Windows battery working ago this problem has been bugging me for the last days here's why my laptop suddenly didn't detect my battery thought it was because my battery was dead I searched the net on things Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working to do before quot throwing in the towel quot on my battery and today i came across a blog where the instruction was to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery driver I did just that and my battery suddenly worked well sort of now here's where it gets all weird every time i open my laptop i do the following plug in AC to laptop turn on laptop unplug AC laptop runs on battery log on to windows battery icon shows up as an empty charging icon then shows the quot Battery is not detected quot icon again please take note that my laptop is still ON and WORKING so this means MAYBE that my battery is working is it a battery problem or the driver is just messed up please anyone who encountered this and had SUCCESSFULLY fixed the problem coz i need to fix this right now thanks and more power to you all

A:Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working

I had a problem similar a while back. Try this
1.Shut down the laptop
2.Take out the ac cord and the battery. Hold down the power for about 10 seconds to remove electric charge in the capacitors.
3.Put the battery back in and reboot.
4.Start windows normally, and See if the battery is recognized.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249894-windows-7-acpi-doesnt-detect-battery-but-battery-working.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I get these two error messages every time I start my computer, is there any help? I have an Acer 4810T

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oddpwr-has-stopped-working-and-epowertray-has-stopped-working.1129242/
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently purchased a used Ultra-slim Battery Not Working (Flashing LED) Battery EliteBook p and was disappointed at the battery life probably Ultra-slim Battery Not Working (Flashing Battery LED) due to years of use on the battery so I decided to buy an Ultra-slim battery to maximize my battery life Today it arrived in the mail and I plugged it in only to find it doesn't seem to work nbsp When I plug it in with the internal battery still installed the battery lightning bolt LED starts to flash amber and for the most part does not stop until I remove it In Windows the internal battery shows up as Battery and reports nothing installed for Battery nbsp If I only have the external battery installed the computer will not power on without the power adapter plugged in and the computer reports no batteries installed nbsp I have tried resetting the computer as instructed by another post on here unplug power and all batteries and hold the power button for seconds but that did not help nbsp I can't find any kind of battery diagnostic tests within BIOS settings so I'm not really sure if this is an issue with the computer or the battery I bought the battery used but the seller guaranteed nbsp it was tested and that it worked Do I need to use the docking station to charge it My guess is no since it has its own battery connection but I can't really find much information about it There is a button on the front of the battery with a battery icon on it but it doesn't seem to make any difference I've tried both tapping it and holding it down

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Ultra-slim-Battery-Not-Working-Flashing-Battery-LED/td-p/5739262
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey, Fellas, I'm back.
Lately when I've tried looking at different folders and files on my hard drives I keep getting "Windows Explorer has stopped working and will restart." It's driving me nuts, I can barely do anything.
Also, same thing with Internet Explorer...I'm getting real sick of Vista's shoddiness..

A:Windows Explorer Stopped Working, Internet Explorer Stopped Working, what DOES work?

Hi,
Have a look at the events log and make a virus scan too.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170404-windows-explorer-stopped-working-internet-explorer-stopped-working-what-does-work.html
Relevancy 50.31%

When I go to open HP MediaSmart, on the drop down menu I click on Video. It opens briefly and about 5 seconds I get the message "HP Media Video has stopped working. A problem stopped the prgram to stop working correctly. Windows will notify me if a solution is available.  I ran the sfc.exe (system file checker tool from microsoft as administrator)  and it passed with result of "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".I can play a DVD, i can open my photos but I can't view my videos or load any new ones using HP MediaSmart.I have restarted the computer several times with no help.Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Media-Video-has-stopped-working-A-problem-stopped-the/td-p/5786575
Relevancy 48.59%

I noticed this officially a couple of days after it happened. I believe it happened while setting up a Sony nw-875 and setting up its drivers and downloading the SonicStage software. I noticed then that it was calling the nw-e75 the d:. Then upon further inspection last night the cd drive is not recognized by anything and I have no idea why, no drops or anything. The ediag doesn't recognize it or the device manager. I also noticed that the computer turns off immediately after unplugging, while the battery is old and sucks I would believe that it would have atleast enough charge for me to change seats.

Relevancy 48.16%

Suddenly my HP ENVY has stopped giving me a low battery notification I have gone through and tried to reset it many different times and nothing seems to work I know that th notifications are on but they just aren't showing up When I go through all of the settings everything seems to look right so I don't really know what is going on Does anyone have suggestions I've looked through some of the battery a HP my showing low notificatio... Envy Why has stopped different forums and been able to do the simpler stuff but I know that some people say to uninstall and reinstall things and I'm not quite brave enough to do that I have done the battery calibration and it says that it's a Good I think that this all happened after I had a update it just randomly disappeared one day I'm really getting sick of my computer just going into sleep mode suddenly it dims the screen around and then when it gets to when it should show the message it just sleeps nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp

A:Why has my HP Envy stopped showing a low battery notificatio...

Hi @D-Knight, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that the low battery notification does not show on your laptop. I want to help. Here is a link of YouTube video which may help. Let me know if it works.  To say "Thank you", click on the "Thumb up" icon. If the problem is solved, please click on "Accepted as Solution". Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Why-has-my-HP-Envy-stopped-showing-a-low-battery/td-p/5588342
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi. I was recently using my laptop, when I wiggled the power cable a bit and suddenly the laptop stopped charging. I have a bad feeling the battery has died or something. I tried using another power cable and that didnt fix it (so I dont think the cable is a problem).

Is there anything else I can try before resorting to buying a new battery?

Its a HP Probook 650 G1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-laptop-suddenly-stopped-charing.1163923/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L750 laptop. Works fine for sometime and then the orange LED lights start blinking and then the battery stops charging and laptop shuts down once the battery drains. When I notice the blinking orange LED light if I remove the power cord and reconnect, then I dont have the problem for some time and then reappears. When the orange light blinks the Toshiba PC health monitor shows 0% system power consumption, Battery condition good. I don't think its a problem with the battery because I already bought one. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93824-Satellite-L750-battery-stopped-charging
Relevancy 48.16%

Yesterday I spilled a little coffee at the bottom of my keyboard on my Compaq CQ - I quickly turned it over and wiped it down palm because power Recovery stopped of battery/AC then kept on using it for almost an hour This morning I turned it on and the computer could not see the hard drive I pulled the hard drive and it had coffee stains on Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm it I ran Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm a system check and it appeared as if the mother board was OK -- memory tested OK specs for the machine Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm came up fine So I replaced the hard drive No problem until I started to run the recovery disk After the initial loading it asks what type of restore I wanted I chose System Recovery On the next page a new warning pops up quot Your laptop is currently running on battery power Recovery Manager requires that your laptop is plugged into an AC power outlet quot The problem is it is plugged into an AC outlet and I can t get rid of the pop-up and continue with the recovery Did I fry more than the hard drive And is there a way around this nbsp

A:Recovery stopped because of battery/AC power palm

this may sound silly , and my suggestion cant be good for the laptop (so is pouring coffee into it tho )
but i have had experience with pouring bottles down my keyboard
so my suggestion is to turn on the heating and putting the laptop with the hole to put the power cable in downwards and keep it above the heating for a day , or over night
dont go extreme with the heating just nice and warm
it may solve that issue but im sure there will be many more ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-stopped-because-of-battery-ac-power-palm.1072174/
Relevancy 47.3%

Purchased the HP Gold Luxe laptop with Windows less than two months ago This past week it started freezing up when moved even slightly or when picked up This happened during mundane browsing or using the computer even just to write notes not anything using lots of resources like gaming or even streaming video nbsp After looking around online I saw several suggestions including to try removing the battery I removed the battery and sure enough it did not freeze when when when freezes NEW battery -- remove... moved laptop stopped moved if battery is REMOVED and the laptop is plugged in nbsp nbsp Does this mean the battery is faulty Again this is a brand new laptop less than months old It is under warranty Am I going to have to ship the laptop to some HP service center or will they likely just send a replacement battery or what nbsp nbsp NEW laptop freezes when moved -- stopped when battery remove... Other notes specs of the computer are below Note that I did not change add remove any drivers or anything like that it is still as it was when taken from the box nbsp nbsp Includes Pavilion -g cy laptop with AC adapter four-cell lithium-ion battery and manual and PC Treasures software digital download ships separately Windows operating system GHz AMD A - P APU quad-core accelerated processor with MB L cache up to GHz with Turbo diagonal WLED-backlit HD touchscreen display with x resolution GB DDR L SDRAM TB RPM hard driveSuperMulti DVD drive b g n Wi-FiBluetooth wireless technologyAMD Radeon R graphics with up to MB total graphics memoryB amp O PLAY audio with dual speakersHP TrueVision HD webcam with dual-array digital micsFull-sized island-style keyboard with numeric keypadHP ImagePad with multi-gesture supportSD memory card reader -year Microsoft Office Personal subscriptionTwo USB portsUSB portHDMI ethernet portsHeadphone mic combo jackKensington MicroSaver lock slotMeasures approximately - W x - D x - D weighs lbsUL listed -year LMWImported

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/NEW-laptop-freezes-when-moved-stopped-when-battery-removed/td-p/5647669
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been using my Laptop ASUS for 2 years now and ever since I my Charger(Charger not battery)broke I tried charging my laptop with the broken charger with a diffren angle and sometimes work and sometimes not and the notfication of low battery always appears but when I decided to repair my charger it works perfectly fine but the only problem is that when my battery is low it does not warn notificatons anymore.halp message edited by HelpINeedAnswers

A:Asus laptop stopped giving low battery warning 10%

Give it a good long charge. After that does the charge indicator show (which I assume is on the laptop)?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/asus-laptop-stopped-giving-low-battery-warning-10/1791.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I have a Dell Precision M4500 laptop which stopped recognizing the battery a couple months back. I have had the laptop for one year now with absolutely no problems up until this happened. I am pretty sure the battery is still good, it's not that old, but since the computer wont even recognize it is in, there's no way to check if it can charge. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, maybe there is a fix before I have to shell out the money for a new battery.

A:Dell Precision M4500 stopped recognizing battery

Laptop batteries go bad any time, and they are considered to be "consumable" like paper is to a printer. Replace the battery and you should be okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-m4500-stopped-recognizing-battery.182128/
Relevancy 46.87%

Just ordered a brand new V15 Nitro Black Edition (Skylake). I turned it on, set up Windows 10, everything was working perfectly. I had also ordered an m.2 SSD, so I decided to pop the laptop open and install it. Installation seemingly went smoothly, but now the laptop won't boot without the power adapter plugged in. It seems like the battery must have come disconnected? Not really sure where to start, I don't see any loose cables on the inside of the case. I removed the SSD to see if it wasn't playing nicely, didn't make a difference. Help!!!!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer V15 Nitro Black Edition Battery Stopped Worki...

I seemed to have easily solved the problem - it would not boot up on battery without all of the screws on the bottom of the case replaced. I guess this thread could serve as a quick answer for someone in the same situation though! I panicked too quickly. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-V15-Nitro-Black-Edition-Battery-Stopped-Working/td-p/420988
Relevancy 46.87%

The power meter has stopped recognising the main battery although it recognises and reports on the secondary battery (the one that replaces the CD Drive). The indicator light registers that the battery is present and if it is fully charged on not.

Any suggestions?

A:Tecra M5 - Power meter has stopped recognising the main battery

Sorry mate but what notebook model you have exactly?

What system is running currently?

Did you install some updates which could affect the battery status?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84466-Tecra-M5-Power-meter-has-stopped-recognising-the-main-battery
Relevancy 46.87%

Just ordered a brand new V15 Nitro Black Edition (Skylake). I turned it on, set up Windows 10, everything was working perfectly. I had also ordered an m.2 SSD, so I decided to pop the laptop open and install it. Installation seemingly went smoothly, but now the laptop won't boot without the power adapter plugged in. It seems like the battery must have come disconnected? Not really sure where to start, I don't see any loose cables on the inside of the case. I removed the SSD to see if it wasn't playing nicely, didn't make a difference. Help!!!!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer V15 Nitro Black Edition Battery Stopped Worki...

I seemed to have easily solved the problem - it would not boot up on battery without all of the screws on the bottom of the case replaced. I guess this thread could serve as a quick answer for someone in the same situation though! I panicked too quickly. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-V15-Nitro-Black-Edition-Battery-Stopped-Working/td-p/420988/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello:
The mouse started to stray and stopped working in the middle of doing something, i.e. eBay, typing word and etc. which is very annoying and first of all, I lose all of the work done due to stopping of the mouse.

However, the mouse started working as if nothing wrong, once I restarted by 'force' restart ..... pushing the button in the middle of the PC. Otherwise, the PC is all fine and working OK.

I did apply Malwarebytes to combat the issue, however the issue does not resolve.

Any help on this would be truoly appreciated.

Thanks,

A:Mouse stopped working in the middle of working, i.e. eBay, typing word, etc.

Did you try a different mouse? If you still have the same problem with a new mouse, see if there are any drivers for the mouse from it's manufacturers web site.
Also try a Clean Boot, if that works, then add one startup item at a time till the mouse acts weird again, then you know that is the problematic program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-stopped-working-in-the-middle-of-working-i-e-ebay-typing-word-etc-869906.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me I have been having a lot of issues with my computer and using the internet I keep getting messages such as windows explorer has stopped working and Host process for windows services stopped working I haven t been able to stream services for Host stopped Windows / working explorer process stopped has windows videos with the exception of youtube download certain programs and browsing sites is slow I remember my computer being fine until a window update but I don t know if that s a coincidence or not I have tired uninstalling windows explorer and system restore to no avail I would really appreciate any help or Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped advice Here is a report for one of the error messages I received Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Problem signature Problem Event Name AppHangXProcB Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp cf Hang Signature Hang Type Waiting on Application Name iexplore exe Waiting on Application Version OS Version Locale ID Additional Hang Signature a d f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd Additional Hang Signature Additional Hang Signature a d Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd

A:Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped

Do things get better if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508582/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-host-process-for-windows-services-stopped/
Relevancy 46.44%

So one day I was using a laptop wirelessly when the internet just suddenly turned off. I checked my modem and it was working fine but when I checked my router, the lights were on but not blinking. it was just a steady light. when I checked for a wireless network the name of the network I usually use didnt show up.

I tried unplugging everything and plugging everything back in again and I tried pressing the reset button on the back of the router. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much

P.S. my router is a linksys WRT300N Wireless-N Broadband router

A:Wireless router suddenly stopped working (Lights still working though)

what devices do you have connected the router anything else wireless
make and model of the pc

does the PC work if you connect to the router by a cable ?
if not
try connecting directly to the modem and see if that works OK

we need to see some details, which will mean you need to copy to a working PC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-suddenly-stopped-working-lights-still-working-though.964187/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have had a rather large problem over the last couple of days It started earlier in the week when one drive stopped working Not a big problem I ve had drives fail before disks so i can handle one less for a little while i though Not so though while still waiting for my new drive using my computer like usual with less load on unit D i suddenly start getting as Disks - Volume working, RAID the but Stopped Working 5 listed are write-errors to D and the Intel Matrix Storage Console RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working lists it as Stopped Working instead of Degraded Nothing changed RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working except for the status of the Volume all the disks read the same as before fully functional I have very little experience with these sort of matters This is the first time I ve lost a drive where i might lose data as well and i have pretty much no idea where to go from here I ve tried to replace the faulty disk with another GB drive but the RAID-setup in BIOS just tells me there isn t enough space and the Console in Windows places the new drive as a Non-RAID drive I can mark it as reserve but that seems to be all i can do with it I m not hopefully asking for miracles I have just two things that i really need to retrieve from the Volume my Firefox sessions saved in a separate folder at the root of the drive and my Thunderbird mail stored in their standard location as my whole Windows-profile is on that drive Everything else i can get again Well not really i have stuff stored up from - years back from people who has withdrawn from the net and taken everything with them or died Old stuff that is no longer available on the net and so on But i could live with that loss It would be hard but i could do it The mail though stretch almost the whole way to when i first started using internet back in DOS and the Firefox sessions contain close to a hundred windows in total and probably over a thousand tabs Most i will never be able to find again no matter how long or hard i search That s a pretty devastating blow The thought of loosing all that is making me nauseous Any help i can get to retrieve the data is appreciated I couldn t put into words how thankful i would be if i got it back ASUS Maximus Formula SE motherboard now x Western Digital GB Caviar Anyting else you need to know please ask Any help at all is welcome nbsp

A:RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-5-disks-are-working-but-the-volume-listed-as-stopped-working.898682/
Relevancy 46.01%

Okay this is the weirdest problem I ve ever hard with computers Here s what happened I had a few years old Pentium D GHz processor running on Asus P VDC-X mobo PQI MHz DDR and GF GS mb PCI-E W power I updated the mobo to Asus P L-MX to support faster PCI-E cards Everything worked fine despite the processor stopped working, working suddenly old mobo mobos New ran too hot C on high use Because of the overheating I replaced the thermal paste but it New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working had no effect on the temperature I thought I used too much paste so I replaced the paste again --- Bang no video when I turn on the computer I tried taking off everything part by part but nothing worked It didn t work even when I only had processor and used the integrated graphics port Tried resetting the bios too Nothing worked so I put back the old P VDC-X and it worked like charm I thought it was logical that the problem was caused because of the mobo so I bought New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working a new one Asrock G M-S No video Did the same steps to this one too It also had integrated gfx but it didn t work either The old P VDC-X still works So I have no idea what s causing the problem Is it the CPU Mobo PSU RAM I have no speaker on my case so I can t hear any beeps but it won t start loading the OS from the hardrive and my USB mouse won t turn on Tried using a differen t monitor too The main point is why it stopped working suddenly on new mobo s but still works with the old P VDC-X Any ideas Let me know if I forgot to mention something important nbsp

A:New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working

Two new motherboards tells us you made the same simple install error in both of them.
Tell us more about power supply, memory, cable.
Did you make sure the memory was correct for both new boards, and what is the memory on the old board. Would also like to know the power supply and other hard ware.
What happens with the most basic, simple install. Does everything light up?

If you used the same hard drive with the same Windows install on the two motherboards, that is the problem. Windows has detected that you have changed the motherboard and will not operate unless you reinstall Windows on the drive on each new motherboard... One install for each motherboard.
My guess is that you will be fine if you change hard drives or do reinstalls or repair installs of the Windows on the new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobos-suddenly-stopped-working-old-mobo-working.135719/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi! I am repeatedly getting the error "Internet Explorer not working" / Windows checking for solution/Last browsing closed unexpectedly , then Restore Session. I went to google to find a fix for this error .I'm being told to Press Window + W key then type in Troubleshooting in the Search box , then enter View All ,then Click IE Performance, then click Advanced etc..... The problem is that when I get to the Search box I start to type in the Troubleshooting and after one keystroke of the T, the computer automatically goes back to my desktop home page. The search engine box will not let me fix this problem. Can somebody help me ? Thanks so much! I have IE 10 and recently upgraded to the windows 8.1 from the Windows 8 about 3 weeks ago.

A:IE 10 stopped Working error / Search engine not working

Are you sure you have Windows 8.1? If you were you would have IE 11
From the Charms bar search System and verify if indeed you have Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/56526-ie-10-stopped-working-error-search-engine-not-working.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My usb gamepad stopped working suddenly and never work again in this computer

I tried the gamepad in other computers and it works good, but not in this computer, I tried to reinstall windows several times, install all kind of drivers, I tried to configure it in different ways and its not working yet.

I get error code 43 all time in this computer.

any idea how can I fix it?

Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60693-usb-gamepad-stopped-working-not-working-any-more.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have used "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP) listing my ACDC file viewer. I listedACDC because after it completes normally each time, there is an error message that says "Application has stopped working." I no longer want to see this error message.I use ACDC 7 for viewing and editing graphic files, here with this Windows 7 (64) system.

I usually select files with Windows Explorer, and they open using ACDC.

When I close the last file viewed, I get this error message that says "ACDSee 7.0 Application has stopped working"Installations of this ACDC on other Windows 7 computers do not have this issue. So I need to resolve it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a0063f4-dcb4-41ea-bc25-ca31ca73058d/dep-not-working-after-program-ends-normally-error-message-still-says-quotapplication-has-stopped?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 43.43%

Good WriteUp Here

A:Who Leaked Windows 7 ?

A great article siljaline!And thanks for all your hard work![shameless plug] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [/shameless plug]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191135/who-leaked-windows-7/
Relevancy 43.43%

TechConnect Magazine - GeForce 185.63 leaked
Vista32 and Win7 32 (maybe)

Quote:
After quite a long run in the 180s, we're now back in the 185s, where drivers are leaked and ambient occlusion roams free. Leaked, but only for Windows Vista 32bit (works with Windows 7 32bit too, apparently), the GeForce 185.63, which is to be considered beta, is dated March 27 (making it the newest driver yet), is bundled with the PhysX 9.09.0203 system software and has support for GeForce G92-based 8800, 9 and 200 series cards, including the almost released GeForce GTX 275.

The 185.63 includes an ambient occlusion tab in the control panel like the GeForce 185.20, but unlike its predecessor, the options available are just Off and On, no Low, Medium, High. To try out the GeForce 185.63 (beta) check out good ol' 2Many.

GeForce 185.63 beta WinVista 32bit

User feedback and downloads:

185.63_geforce_winvista32 - Guru3D.com Forums

A:GeForce 185.63 leaked

Very cool, thank you. I'm getting it now for my 6200A-LE in my secondary pc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/6301-geforce-185-63-leaked.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Like wow man this Card will be Brutal AMD "Hawaii" R9 295X2 Dual GPU Leaked?

A:R9 295 Hawaii Leaked

Gonna make a lot of people cry when they see the price tag

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/325735-r9-295-hawaii-leaked.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Posted on a certain chinese site:

A:Leaked IE9 Screenshots

Quote: Originally Posted by swarfega

Posted on a certain chinese site:

Attachment 68124

Attachment 68125

Those were posted on the Neowin forums on April fools day. I can see MS going with something like that for a UI (just look at the Zune's UI), but I doubt they will.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/79323-leaked-ie9-screenshots.html
Relevancy 43%

Vista Ultimate -bit ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard USB mouse and keyboard connected in back ports Two things Back ports working, partially ethernet) working front ports stopped (USB, happened Avira antivirus warned me of some threats which I either ignored or deleted Windows Update Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working had some updates ready although I m not sure if it updated I turned off my PC for a couple of hours turned it back on and realized that my USB keyboard was not working on the password screen I eventually unplugged it from the back and plugged it into the front where it worked However my USB mouse did not work when plugged into the second front port nor did it work when plugged into the front port in which the keyboard worked I accessed System Restore using my keyboard and restored to one day previously When it finished both keyboard and mouse worked although I got a pop-up message alerting me that the quot drivers for your device could not be installed quot When I clicked quot OK quot the mouse stopped working again I have checked BIOS and both mouse and keyboard are recognized so it does not appear to be a hardware issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-ports-usb-ethernet-stopped-working-front-ports-partially-working.950262/
Relevancy 43%

I have my hp elitebook 850 G3 for one month now. When it was new i could use it for 9 hours on airplane mode but now fully charged only 4 hours on airplane mode. I want it to be 9 hours on airplane mode aigain. I have also noticed that my precentage is going down faster than before and I only use word and microsoft edge

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-battery-is-not-working-like-before/td-p/5799407
Relevancy 43%

Hello,
I replaced the battery of my laptop ( Inspiron 17R SE 7720) with a new one.
But the Old one is 48 Wh and the new is 60wh.
When the laptop has started, this message appears " Warning, this battery is not recommended for this system use. It may only have limited features and non optimized performance. " .
What shall I do ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683091
Relevancy 43%

I juse recently purchased a lenovo ideapad 100s and my laptop won't turn on unless i have it plugged it into the charger. But the second i unplug it the laptop dies becuase the battery is always it 0% even if i have it charging for hours .

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/BATTERY-IS-NOT-WORKING/td-p/3426987
Relevancy 43%

Hi there,
I have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5521. Since a while now my laptop is given me messages explaining my battery has a fatal error and needs to be replaced. I have been searching for a different solution than simply replacing the battery/adapter and I've seen that a lot of people had to update their BIOS. I currently have BIOS A07. When I try to update using the driver I've gotten from your site this window pops up and tells me I have to plug in my battery and adapter. Both are plugged in but I can't seem to manage to start the update. 
I hope you guys can help me,Dries Vanden Broecke

A:Battery not working

Hi Dries Vanden Broecke,
Download the A14 BIOS here - http://dell.to/2diZOfL
Now, for the BIOS update to run, it is required that the battery be connected and battery should contain a minimum charge of 10% and the adapter needs to be detected in BIOS.
Having said this, Are you using an original Dell OEM Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible?
Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in. Also, wiggle the adapter cable at the end and see if the status changes in BIOS at any point. Check the battery health in BIOS (if applicable).
Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional.
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992864
Relevancy 43%

Hi all of you that are reading my post.Here where i live the electricity is not good that means that we have electricity for two hours
then it dissconect for five minutes or more.I have a pc with UPS(battery) and when i go for work i let my pc turned on downloading,but as we know when the electricity missing the UPS take pc turned on for 15-20minutes and then it turned off without command.And i want to know if Pc have the ability to know if its working with turned electricity or UPS and if it knows which are the components that make it(software or hardware).Please help me!!! Thanks

Relevancy 43%

Hello I and fan working. Battery not have the following queries regarding my year old notebook whose warranty just expired - nbsp I want to buy a new battery for my laptop as the original one does not work anymore So Battery and fan not working. I was thinking if I can get a battery with a more capacity than the original one so that it lasts longer How much would the battery cost nbsp My laptop's fan also stopped working a month ago I suspect it might be because of dust collected over time Can I get that checked too along with the battery at HP service center and how much would it cost if I need to replace the fan nbsp I also want to Battery and fan not working. upgrade my TB hard disk with a SSD Is there any exchange or buy-back program at HP And how much would it cost nbsp I want to add another GB RAM to the existing GB Any idea how much it'd cost if I do all the above together nbsp Thanks amp Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-and-fan-not-working/td-p/5827132
Relevancy 43%

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

A:sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Hi askfault,
Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511609/sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-or-run-on-battery-power-cmos-battery-fix/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all,

Sometimes my browser opens one of these two pages (sleepyc**t and winter**gy).

I have a Zone Alarm Pro firewall, Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, Bazooka, AVG Antivirus, Hijackthis, CWShredder, Spywareguard and Spywareblaster.

I do not find anything when scanning (even an online virus scan by Symantec found nothing).

The pages are stopped by my pop-up killer though, but still, if anyone can help me on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also other users out there with the same problem will be helped, because at the time of writing this page here has the only serious mention so far of the problem that I was able to find.

---------

Thanks,

Pooze

Relevancy 42.57%

May I present to you an otherwise most excellent find if you Catalyst x32/x64 Leaked Drivers - 9.8 ignore the nay-sayer below the Catalyst WHQL ATI drivers in both x and x Catalyst 9.8 Drivers x32/x64 - Leaked flavors These feature great support for newer and older games and a much-needed interface improvement for the Catalyst Control Center Enjoy Downloads Vista Win Catalyst x Vista Win Catalyst x WinXP Catalyst x Installation Report Code Catalyst Install Manager Installation Report Hardware information NameATI Radeon Graphics ProcessorManufacturerATI Technologies IncDevice ID x Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x Subsystem ID x Subsystem vendor ID x Other hardwareExisting packagesCatalyst Control CenterATI Catalyst Install Catalyst 9.8 Drivers x32/x64 - Leaked ManagerATI Display DriverHDMI Audio DriverAVIVOMicrosoft Visual C SP RedistributablePackages for install Catalyst Catalyst 9.8 Drivers x32/x64 - Leaked Control CenterFinal Status SuccessVersion of Item Size MbytesATI Catalyst Install ManagerFinal Status SuccessVersion of Item Size MbytesATI Display DriverFinal Status SuccessVersion of Item Size MbytesHDMI Audio DriverFinal Status SuccessVersion of Item Size Mbytes Other detected devices ManufacturerATI Technologies IncDevice ID xaa Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x Subsystem ID xaa Subsystem vendor ID x ATI Radeon Graphics Processor ManufacturerATI Technologies IncDevice ID x Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x Subsystem ID x Subsystem vendor ID x Error messages

A:Catalyst 9.8 Drivers x32/x64 - Leaked

These are not leaked, and they are not exclusive. And this post is late.

But thank you for an almost excellent find.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/2...yst-9-8-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/21155-catalyst-9-8-drivers-x32-x64-leaked.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded my Lenovo laptop from Vista to Win 7 and it's so strange when my system C increases its used space.

Total space: 68.2 Gb
Used space: 30Gb

I'm really a newbie so please tell me what is wrong. Thanks a lot!

A:Memory leaked in system C

Welcome nicoletong

If you upgraded it probably created a windows.old folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/77524-memory-leaked-system-c.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi BC com staff I m trying to troubleshoot the second of my two computers I m in the process of trying to figure out leaked.... my if sure data Not personal has been if my personal info mainly my CC got leaked Not sure if my personal data has been leaked.... to the wrong people This all came about when fraudulent charges started to appear on my statement Not sure if my personal data has been leaked.... My personal computer the one that I m most concerned about came up Not sure if my personal data has been leaked.... clean with the excellent help of the Propaganda Panda I was hoping to run through the same process on my work computer to make sure it s good to go as well - hopefully Here s the low-down Dell Latitude D w Norton Anti-Virus and AdAware installed Switched my browser to FireFox and also have Link Scanner installed to keep me safe on-line Norton is set-up as my firewall I try and keep up on my updates as much as possible and all the virus scans that I ve run - AdAware Norton and HouseCall - come back with only tracking cookies But I have noticed my computer running slower and a bit quirky Thanks in advance

A:Not sure if my personal data has been leaked....

Hi, well let's see what MBam finds ,I'll look back in the morning.Next run MBAM:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.32) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203287/not-sure-if-my-personal-data-has-been-leaked/
Relevancy 42.57%

may i ask what would happen to the leaked builds after the official windows 7 has been released ?

A:what would happen to the leaked builds ?

What do you mean?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15004-what-would-happen-leaked-builds.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Gets close to the Titan XP but not quite there... should hopefully be a lot cheaper though

OC3D :: News :: Nvidia GTX 1080Ti Specifications leak :: Nvidia GTX 1080Ti Specifications have leaked

A:Looks like specs for 1080Ti have leaked out

Originally Posted by doorules

Gets close to the Titan XP but not quite there... should hopefully be a lot cheaper though

OC3D :: News :: Nvidia GTX 1080Ti Specifications leak :: Nvidia GTX 1080Ti Specifications have leaked

Is going to be around $800 - $900. Going to wait for AMD rival graphics card to make NVIDIA drop the prices on their new graphics card.

So no thank you NVIDIA .

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/63867-looks-like-specs-1080ti-have-leaked-out.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I recently started seeing people posting regarding windows 8 leaked version. They say it sucks and are not really happy with it.

I really like Windows and would want to know if it really got leaked or just a rumor?

Source: [advertising link finally removed by mod]

Please let me know if this news in correct as I am a curious person

Thanks

Relevancy 42.57%

"The GTX 570 is based on the same optimized GF110 GPU of the GTX 580 but it has slightly scaled down specs all around."
Read more:
Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 leaked, coming December 7 - TechSpot News

A:Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 leaked

Hmmm... It's already out mate.

Newegg.com - GTX 570

Reviews:

GeForce GTX 570 review

Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 1.3GB Review | bit-tech.net

EDIT: The EVGA GTX 570 is looking damn sexy. I might upgrade from my GTX 470 once I go with a Sandy Bridge platform next month.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/129709-nvidia-geforce-gtx-570-leaked.html
Relevancy 42.57%

http www infosecurity-magazine com view carberp-source-code-leaked-new-variants-expected There was a firesale of the Carberp code the week of June th - apparently as far Malware Kit Carberp Leaked as I understand one of the members of the Carberp cyber-crime gang began selling the code without the authorization of his partners in crime At the height of the sale I read that that going price was k But then a week later the code was leaked the RAR containing the kit was being distributed on various underground hacker community sites but did not include the password until about a week ago when that was then posted I guess the archive is about GB in size and allegedly contains the commented source code for Carberp and all of its modules including the bootkit ones the source code for the administration panel used on Carberp command-and-control servers exploits for two Windows privilege escalation vulnerabilities that have been patched in CVE- - and CVE- - and so-called Web inject scripts that allow the malware to interact with different online Carberp Malware Kit Leaked banking websites I know this is old news at this point but I haven't seen it yet here so thought it would be a good first post Cheers

A:Carberp Malware Kit Leaked

Think of what antivirus makers can do with this. Mwuhahahahhah *evil laugh* also, hello, I'm Zestypanda, one of the many helpful geeks here. ^_^ ~Zestypanda.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500612/carberp-malware-kit-leaked/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Toshiba A75 laptop. My battery had died and I got a new one but the laptop wont work on battery. It works on the AC adaptor. I got replacement batteries twice but same result. I got the laptop checked by a repair company and they say the motherboard is ok. Is there a possibility that the battery is not working due to software / drivers issue? When I put in the battery, it shows the charging light and charges to 100% but as soon as the power goes, the computer goes out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-working-on-battery.796174/
Relevancy 42.14%

I juse recently purchased a lenovo ideapad 100s and my laptop won't turn on unless i have it plugged it into the charger. But the second i unplug it the laptop dies becuase the battery is always it 0% even if i have it charging for hours .

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/100S-BATTERY-IS-NOT-WORKING/td-p/3426987
Relevancy 42.14%

My Thinkpad T530 just stopped working on battery power and only powers/stays on when the AC adapter is connected. When it's connected and the battery is in though, the battery is detected and shows 100% charged. The second I unplug the AC adapter, the computer will cut off and it only turns on when the power is connected. Has anyone else experienced or remedied this issue? Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Battery-Detected-Not-Working/td-p/3385862
Relevancy 42.14%

battery is not working. my pc is under warranty. I need a support from gandhinagar service station. please replace it as soon as possible.

A:need support. battery not working.

Prachi. Warranty Service Partners for Commercial Products http://www8.hp.com/in/en/support-drivers/contact-centers/commercial/west.html REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/need-support-battery-not-working/td-p/5637075
Relevancy 42.14%

I put in my new battery; it has had more than 48 hours to charge, but when I turn on the notebook, it trys to start, and then just shuts down before it boots up at all.  Yes I used the same kind of battery, same brand, etc.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavilion-new-battery-not-working/td-p/5614075
Relevancy 42.14%

I bought this laptop (Compaq Presario 2596US) off a friend. Its got a 40GB eIDE hdd, and 768MB RAM.

The issue is the battery. He replaced it a year before I bought it, but it won't charge. Looking in the BIOS i see:
BSN : 08274 09/19/2008
C1: 4400
C2: 4311
C3: 0
ME: 1
CC: 3
T: 23
TV: 3993
C: 0
DV: 14400
MN: GW
S: 4AD0
CV1: 1181
CV2: 1388
CV3: N/A

The battery is an F4809A. If I hold the self-test (blue botton with a pointer finger next to a percentage bar), no lights show up.

The AC charger works fine, it powers it up and is a geniune HP charger.

Is the C/CV fields where the problem is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newish-hp-battery-not-working.900291/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I recently took my laptop over to a friends house along with the wall charger and everything was working properly not working Laptop battery I get it home hours later plug everything back in like I normally have it set up and now the battery won't charge The battery icon says quot There is a problem with your battery so your computer might shut down suddenly quot and also quot Plugged in not Laptop battery not working charging Consider replacing your battery quot I did a little research on here and found a forum post from years ago in regards to an Asus laptop battery Laptop battery not working issue In that forum it was suggested to quot gt In Device Manager Under the Batteries category right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings and select Uninstall it s ok if you only have quot I don't know if that is my best option at this point or if my battery is toast The laptop is over years old If anyone could give me insight on how to fix this that would be great Thank you

A:Laptop battery not working

Hello Alldayvikings28 and welcome to Seven Forums.

If the battery still has a charge left, you might try running a power efficiency diagnostic report to see what the health of the battery is.

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

You could also remove the battery and run the laptop on AC power only just to rule out a computer issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/282905-laptop-battery-not-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My hp steam 11 says it needs a new battery and  i have only had it for 6 months and it says the battey is 365 days old

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Urggg-my-battery-ist-working/td-p/5679522
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Gateway laptop that the Battery AC is not working right When I have just the AC plugged in and the battery removed the laptop works ok When I working Laptop Battery/AC right not plug in the battery the laptop runs off of the battery only and does not recognize the AC being connected The AC will not charge the battery When the battery dies the computer shuts down even though the AC is plugged in Then if I remove the battery and turn the laptop on it works I have plugged in the battery both Laptop Battery/AC not working right with the AC connected and with it not connected I have checked all the AC connections and they appear ok The status lights on the front of the laptop for the battery only turn solid red when the battery goes dead I have purchased new Rayovac batteries and have the same results Laptop Battery/AC not working right When I went into the BIOS to learn my old battery it said it was over voltage condition and it had no charge That is why I got a new battery The first new Rayovac battery was defective when I first plugged it in and I had to get another new battery Can anybody help me out Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway QTFBQS Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-ac-not-working-right.973793/
Relevancy 42.14%

but only x86 version

Edit - z3r010
Please use this thread - http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...27-7229-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/12629-7227-winmain_sp-leaked-torrents-ru.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Phishing booty free for taking.
Updated Login credentials for more than 10,000 Microsoft Live accounts have been posted to the internet, most likely by miscreants who found them or harvested them in a phishing attack.
In all, there were 10,028 pairs of user names and passwords posted to multiple pages of public upload website Pastebin.com, some of which remained live at time of writing. The stash is likely only a small sample of a much larger haul, since the alphabetical list begins with the user name ararat973@hoymail.com and concludes with blando2713@hotmail.com.

More -
10,000 Hotmail passwords mysteriously leaked to web ? The Register

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/251175-10-000-hotmail-passwords-mysteriously-leaked-web.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Just saw Windows 7 build 7235 VHD leaked on a certain seaworthy torrent page. Its listed as RTM but I have my doubts.
Screenshots
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6504/89274562.png
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/536/54684051.png

A:Build 7235 VHD leaked (FAKE)

God when will it end, i just started installing 7231. I only did my second 7229 a couple of hours ago. God doing my head in. lol

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13022-build-7235-vhd-leaked-fake.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Windows OEM Product Key Leak Yesterday we were alerted to reports of a leak of a special product key issued to an OEM partner of ours The key is for use with Windows Ultimate RTM product that uses leaked Users Warns key. Microsoft the who OEM is meant to be pre-installed by the OEM on new PCs to be shipped later this year As such the use of this key requires having a PC from the manufacturer it was issued to We've worked with that manufacturer so that customers who purchase genuine copies of Windows from this manufacturer will experience no issues validating their copy of Windows At Microsoft Warns Users who uses the leaked OEM key. the same time we will seek to alert customers who are using the leaked key that they are running a non-genuine copy of Windows It's important to note that no PCs will be sold that will use this key Windows already includesan improved ability to detect hacks also known as activation exploits and alert customers who are using a pirated copy There is a hack that is said to enable when paired with the leaked key a system to install and use a copy of Windows Ultimate Both the hack and the key are indications that a copy of Windows may not be genuine The Windows Activation Technologies included in Windows are designed to handle situations such as this one and customers using these tools and methods should expect Windows to detect them Our primary Microsoft Warns Users who uses the leaked OEM key. goal is to protect users from becoming unknowing victims because customers who use pirated software are at greater risk of being exposed to malware as well as identity theft Someone asked me recently - and I think it's worth noting here -- whether we treat all exploits equally in responding to new ones we see Our objective isn't to stop every quot mad scientist quot that's out there from dabbling our aim is to protect our customers from commercialized counterfeit software that impacts our customers' confidence in knowing they got what they paid for That will continue to be our focus as we continue to evolve our anti-piracy platforms and respond to new threats that we see emerge in the future Source Genuine Windows Blog

A:Microsoft Warns Users who uses the leaked OEM key.

Well I'm happy I didn't board that ship.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/18916-microsoft-warns-users-who-uses-leaked-oem-key.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Is there some sort of trick i'm missing? I used compatibility mode, and tried the "have disc" trick under device manager with no success.

A:How to install 9.7 leaked ATI drivers on X64 Windows 7

Interested as well, when I try to install 9.6 it says that 9.5 is the latest version. Might be due to my mbo and chipset though. But the chipset is the latest for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/16056-how-install-9-7-leaked-ati-drivers-x64-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Office 2010 BETA 1 ..Leaked by Wzor

MICROSOFT.OFFICE.2010.v14.0.4302.1000.BETA.1

From LEv (wzor team)

Quote:
what a catch, Microsoft partners distributed office 4006, which we have on 15 May pushed people

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I now understand the reason was the first run Microsoft on us

A:Office 2010 BETA 1 ..Leaked

Will be searching when it hits the big sites, what a great day this is, office 2010 and windows 7 rtm are both out

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/16220-office-2010-beta-1-leaked.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey all, just wondering if RTM will be released by Microsoft or leaked as a torrent?

Kind Regards

A:Will RTM be released by Windows or leaked as a torrent?

Huh?

The real official RTM will be released/leaked by/from Microsoft. And that one you will find 2h later as torrent.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17459-will-rtm-released-windows-leaked-torrent.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Quote:
NVIDIA's upcoming beta driver suite has been leaked by sections of the Chinese media.

Be cautioned, this is a beta release that does not originate from NVIDIA's website, and is not guaranteed.

techPowerup!

A:GeForce 186.24 Beta Drivers Leaked

Did you try it or is there any other feed back from other sources ?
Thanks for the link

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/15482-geforce-186-24-beta-drivers-leaked.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Quote:

It has been a few months since we have had a proper build of Windows 10 leak but that changes today as build 10036 has been posted on the web. Per usual, we will not link directly to the build but it can be found in the usual spots if you dig around a bit.
The last build to leak was 9901 which showed up in December. The last official build to be released was 9926 but a new build is on the horizon; a faster release cadence is coming soon too.

Windows 10 build 10036 has leaked
Windows 10 looks to have built-in peer-to-peer OS and app updating support | Windows Central

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-build-10036-has-leaked-971617.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Quote:

A new week and another build of Windows 10 has leaked. This time around it is build 10151; the origination of this leak is coming from China much like the last build 10147.
While we do not know the entire list of changes yet, this build will have the new phone companion app that Microsoft has recently announced. But, unlike the last leak, this version should work and not crash upon opening.
Once we have this version installed, we will post up a gallery of the screenshots. While we don't expect too many changes, Microsoft is in the final stages of getting its RTM build ready, seeing as it has been a couple of weeks since the last release, there are likely a few tucked away in the OS.

Windows 10 build 10151 has leaked

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-build-10151-has-leaked-1011866.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Trying to use Windows Update to get critical patches has broken my Windows XP Pro installation I am trying to install some of the components manually with little success I was unable to uninstall NET framework so I resorted to deleting the installation folder in Program Files and trying to clean out the registry manually Downloaded the NET install and am running it from the command line with the L option to create a verbose MSI log file The install breaks down around the lines that say Leaked MSIHANDLE A few lines from the log appear below I can t system restore uninstall or reinstall - right where Windows Update left me DDSet Entry InstallAssembly started DDSet Status CustomActionData C Install Framework 2.0 .net Msihandle? Leaked WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v System Leaked Msihandle? .net Framework 2.0 Install dll DDSet Status Loading mscoree dll MSI s Leaked MSIHANDLE of type for thread MSI s Leaked MSIHANDLE of type for thread MSI s Note CA InstallAssemblyDef F FC D A A BB DDSet Status Loading fusion dll using LoadLibraryShim DEBUG Error Custom Action CA InstallAssemblyDef F FC D A A BB did not close MSIHANDLEs The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package This may indicate a problem with this package The error code is The Leaked Msihandle? .net Framework 2.0 Install arguments are CA InstallAssemblyDef F FC D A A BB MSI s C User policy value DisableRollback is MSI s C Machine policy value DisableRollback is Action ended InstallFinalize Return value MSI s C Executing op Header Signature Version Timestamp LangId Platform ScriptType ScriptMajorVersion ScriptMinorVersion ScriptAttributes MSI s C Executing op DialogInfo Type Argument MSI s C Executing op DialogInfo Type Argument Microsoft NET Framework MSI s C Executing op RollbackInfo RollbackAction Rollback RollbackDescription Rolling back action RollbackTemplate CleanupAction RollbackCleanup CleanupDescription Removing backup files CleanupTemplate File MSI s C Executing op RegisterBackupFile File C Config Msi e rbf MSI s C Executing op ActionStart Name CA InstallAssemblyDef F FC D A A BB MSI s C Executing op ProductInfo ProductKey D-CD C- F - B -CD E E EF ProductName Microsoft NET Framework PackageName netfx msi Language Version Assignment ObsoleteArg PackageCode BFC E EF-C - A- B -EEC A AAB F InstanceType LUASetting RemoteURTInstalls MSI s C Executing op ActionStart Name CA InstallAssemblyRB F FC D A A BB MSI s C Executing op CustomActionRollback Action CA InstallAssemblyRB F FC D A A BB ActionType Source BinaryData Target UninstallAssembly CustomActionData System Version PublicKeyToken b a c e Culture neutral ProcessorArchitecture MSIL MSI s A Invoking remote custom action DLL C WINDOWS Installer MSI tmp Entrypoint UninstallAssembly DDSet Status LANGID DDSet Entry UninstallAssembly started

A:Leaked Msihandle? .net Framework 2.0 Install

why not use restore ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158229/leaked-msihandle-net-framework-20-install/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi i had a earlier mic wich worked for a while on my computer then stopped, so i fought it was broken so i went out and bought a new one i was sadly depress to see it was'nt working i check it on my laptop ( 64Bit windows 7 ultimate ) and worked fine Im thinking it might be windows vista everythink in the sound bit is up not muted and set to default

PLEASE, please help me

I have a Gamecom plantronics Head set

Laptop/desktop = Desktop

A:Mic stopped working?

Hi Callum299.

You can try this link Plantronics Bluetooth Headsets, Wireless Headsets, Office Phone Headsets, PC Headsets

Hope your issue will resolve.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/290057-mic-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Well, my moms hdd went to hell for whatever reason, so i figured that since i had 2 HDDs in my computer, that i would take the spare one i had (never use it) and let her use it. Well it wouldnt work in her computer, it kept going to a screen that said press F1 to boot and f2 for setup options or something like that. So i figured i would put it back in my computer, and now neither of my hdds work, not the primary or the spare i had. Does anyone know the problem? All i know is the one when its booted has that F1 to boot thing, and the primary hdd i had, when it tries to boot, it says disk read error or something along those lines. Should i just get a new HDD?

A:HDD stopped working, help please

Sounds like you didn't install your HDD properly. When you put it in your mother's computer, dud you set it as master? Also, you need to install Windows or clone her old HDD to yours (sometimes you can do this even if the old HDD doesn't boot.)

-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-stopped-working-help-please.115009/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello nbsp HP Support nbsp Need to revisit this problem nbsp posted nbsp several weeks nbsp ago as it remains unresoved nbsp CD ROM CD working stopped ROM which was working post CD ROM stopped working Windows upgrade from Windows stopped working about a month ago Ejects all disks before they are allowed to play thus making impossible CD ROM stopped working playback of audio and video content or installation of software nbsp nbsp MS support technicians who examined computer online at first suggested hardware problem nbsp but on second CD ROM stopped working time around concluded nbsp that drivers to be provided by OEM which are compatible with Windows nbsp and its updates are required to run this CD ROM nbsp In all likelihood it was an update of Windows nbsp which disabled the CD ROM nbsp Reset of system to pre-update point turned out to nbsp be not possible nbsp Are there nbsp separate CD ROM drivers which I can get from HP other than generic drivers nbsp which will work under the circumnstances nbsp CD device detected HP BDDVDW CA N nbsp Would nbsp appreciate help with this Thanks in advance nbsp Andrew

A:CD ROM stopped working

Greetings,   Sorry for bloviating. Try to keep replies short. Device Manager hardware status will not necessarily reveal a tangible hardware problem.. You could disconnect the SATA cable on a CD/DVD drive but there will be no errors in Device Manager. This also implies a SATA port could fail but you would not see an error for this drive in Device Manager. Device Manger will alert you when there is a driver problem. So no drive errors in Device Manager does not rule out hardware failure. HP is not providing Win 10 drivers for your PC because this model was first introduced by HP in 2011. I have been using PC's long before the advent of CD/DVD drives and have never seen this type of problem. You are not alone, this issue seems to happen when upgrading to Win 10. Don't know what Microsoft techs did. The only thing I can think of to to Open "Control Panel." "Device Manager". Uninstall or remove the current device found in "DVD/CD Rom drives". If you get a prompt asking to completely remove the drivers select "YES". Reboot the PC.  Maybe Win 10 will give you better drivers after the reboot. You can also do a USB stick install of Win !0 and keep files and apps if Win 10 has activated. This may fix the problem. As always, back up the good stuff first. Other options are to replace the hardware or go back to the previous operating system. If the fault follows the rollback to the previous operating system then the drive, or a connection, or the motherboard has a problem.  Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/CD-ROM-stopped-working/td-p/5604723
Relevancy 42.14%

Some person I know is a total computer-newbie and they installed DSL yesterday.

It was working fine until today.

In like 10 minutes I'm about to go to their house which is like.. what.. 40 minutes away? They use Windows 2000 Professional (No service packs, since they don't know about it), hmm..
That's about all I know about this.

Some help would be appreciated if at all, since I never used DSL before or know what it is.. I know it stands for Digital Subscriber Line though..

A:DSL stopped working

if they are using a router reset it if just a modem reset it if no reset button on the modem pull the power plug to reset and reboot the computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-stopped-working.165755/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey I am using Vista basic I am constantly getting a popup saying quot b exe has stopped working quot The b.exe stopped working the windows problems and solutions dialog shows quot Windows has detected W Gaobot worm gen u - Win RBot eu Worm a known computer virus on your computer quot I have scanned my system using Norton Internet Security's full system scan No viruses of this nature were reported Also the problem still persists I have read many forum topics earlier My task manager is not locked - i can still access it using ctrl alt del Att is the 'attach' file from the dds scanner Please help The dds scanner log file is as under DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Gaurav at on b.exe stopped working - - Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf f de STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows system Hpservice exe C Windows system vfsFPService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DpHostW exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf f de aestsrv exe C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Common Files b.exe stopped working LightScribe LSSrvc exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files SMINST BLService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Media TV Kernel TV TVCapSvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Media TV Kernel TV TVSched exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows msa exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Media DVD DVDAgent exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media TSMAgent exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DpAgent exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Media TV TVAgent exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Users Gaurav AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe ... Read more

A:b.exe stopped working

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235595/bexe-stopped-working/
Relevancy 42.14%

My computer was making incredibly loud noises I have desktops and a laptop Both the working Fan stopped laptop and one of the older desktops I used for typing printing only started making Fan stopped working noises Since the laptop is new I fixed it immediately bought the warranty and everything Now the older PC I tried fixing it myself I cleaned the fan And it actually started working again But now a week after the cleaning the fan doesn t work at all The computer has been on for days and it s still working Just out of curiosity how long can a computer last before it dies without a CPU fan I m going to buy one today though Is it enough if I just tell them the stuff that s written on the CPU fan CPU COOLER - DC V A - PL S M or do I have to measure it It s around quot long I think Maybe even less I d appreciate any help update OK for no reason whatsoever my fan seemed to have started spinning now The only difference I noticed is the room temperature When it wasn t spinning the room was very cold open window all night Now it s warmer by at least C and it started working for no reason Does the room temp have anything to do with it nbsp

A:Fan stopped working

hi lost and welcome to Techspot

you obviously have an Intel because an AMD system would have shut down if the fan stopped spinning (due the the CPU overheating)

however, certain Intel systems (i'm not sure if some or all) will slow down to a crawl but will still remain on. If the fan stops spinning the HSF turns into a passive cooler, the CPU will downclock itself so that it will not overheat.

as far as what HSF you need to buy to replace it. if you're only going to replace the fan itself (which i dont recommend) then you can pretty much replace it with any 3wired 12v fan of the same size. if your going to replace thewhole HFS unit (which is what you should do) then you need to know the CPU and socket type so that it attaches correctly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-stopped-working.49201/
Relevancy 42.14%

i need help diagnosing whats wrong with ny PC.

no bios screen on startup, no display at all, no beeps either
when i poer the PC, the CPU and GPU fans where spinnning but the LED for the power button is not lit.
recently, 1 RAM module failed and it was removed so RAM 2GB now, down from 4GB DDR3 1333

A:PC Stopped working

uhhh something else burned when the RAM failed are you sure the rest of the RAM is good maybe are they in the b slots instead of the a slots ??? anyway when RAM fails the symptoms are exactly as described and since you know one failed another may be bad as well ....how did you determine which stick was the bad one any chance you took the good one out and left a bad one ????
Take all the sticks out put one in and power up one at a time if nothing with any then something is fried if it comes on with one of the sticks but not others then you found which were bad and proved your system is still good

hope you find a bad stick and not a fried mother board

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/92579-pc-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hey i had recovery my Vaio CR131E and now when i start my laptop i receive a message windows stopped working VSC program please what can i do?

A:VSC stopped working

VSC stopped working
hey i had recovery my Vaio CR131E and now when i start my laptop i receive a message windows stopped working VSC program please what can i do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vsc-stopped-working-335911.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I seriously do not know how to fix this problem anymore I tried so many stopped working HL2.EXE different ways that I feel as if my HL2.EXE stopped working only hope of this problem to go HL2.EXE stopped working away is if I get Window I tried the method I saw on another thread about localnetgroup or something like that I tried to put steam as the exception for the DEP I turned off firewall and my antivirus system Which at the time was Norton but now I use AVG and the problem remains I updated my Nvidia driver so it's up to date I tried changing screen resolution I tried re-installing it I TRIED EVERYTHING YET I STILL CAN'T RUN MY FAVORITE GAMES TF HL2.EXE stopped working AND PORTAL R amp UIhjg j I don't know what to do anymore Halp me guys Here is what happens When I open steam I double-click Portal But it doesn't open The sign quot HL exe stopped working quot appears Then vista automatically search for a solution Then it says quot Solution not found window will not close this application quot or something like that I can't run Half-Life Deathmatch either However the strange thing is that when I open Half Life Lost Coast it works perfectly lt lt Is my computer on steroids or something

A:HL2.EXE stopped working

Right click your Steam icon in the tray.Go to games right click the game / mod you want and right click on it.Go to properties / Set launch options and slap this in there :

-console -novid

You can also try this program that tweaks source mods Half-Life 2: Source Sauce Utility (v2.0), Half-Life 2 Downloads, Half-Life 2 Miscellaneous

Hope that works for you when I 1st started playing TF2 I went crazy......

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/248590-hl2-exe-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My Pioneer DVD RW 103 has stopped working. The green flashing light gives way to the yellow flashing light which is where it stays. I have heard that running a 4X CD on the drive will damage it. Is this true? If so Do I have to buy a new drive?

I am running XP professional

A:DVD stopped working

You don't give much information....have you tried more than one CD/DVD? Is this happening during the burn process or just trying to read it?

Could you just have a bad disk? disk upside down (don't laugh, I've see it happen), dirty disks?

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-stopped-working.207173/
Relevancy 42.14%

Sir! I'm using windows 8.1 pro all are work fine sir but some .exe apps stopped working how to fix pls help me .

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/127341-exe-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Ok, so I'm sure this problem has popped up more times than people can count. Anyhow, Team Fortress 2 always shows this message when I try to start it. It never even loads it. Just begins then stops. I've tried everything Steam support said to do. I've tried the security workaround. I've disabled UAC and DEP. I've moved the folder to 'Common' instead of username. I've deleted Steam and reinstalled everything. I've enabled msinfo32.exe. I've repaired WMI. I've done just about everything people have said, and still nothing. Are there any other fixes people have heard about? I just want to play Team Fortress 2 lol.
I'm running Vista x64 Ultimate Edition. Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2400 MHz Physical Memory :2048 MB (1 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card :Nvidia Corp NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

A:hl2.exe has stopped working

Hello essysin2,
Has it ever worked or has it been like this from the start ?.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/237806-hl2-exe-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

i keep getting a message saying h12.exe has stopped working when i try to play a game on steam. how do i fix this.

A:h12.exe has stopped working

Hi Raitoyagami,

Paste this command into your address bar and press enter to load Steam Disagnostics, It should be able to test and report any problems found with instructions on how to solve any issues

steam://support/?Issues=*

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/207618-h12-exe-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

getting this problem when tryin to start tf2 or hl2, anyone else getting this problem? i tried doin the stuff steam says, but so far hasnt worked. tf2 won't even start, whereas hl2 will get to the beginning loading screen before you get to the main window then freeze. any help would be appreciated.

A:hl2.exe has stopped working

what have you tried already??
you need to tell me so that we dont do the same steps over again...
have you tried compatibility mode???

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/200435-hl2-exe-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I decided to restart my computer and now all it does when i turn it on it shuts off and on and does not let me do anything. The only thing it says is welcome and then 64% then it turns off and does it again and again and again. This computer is bearly a month old and nothing has happened to it for this to happen. I dont know what to do ? Please help~Thank You

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/It-stopped-working/td-p/5846365
Relevancy 42.14%

My CD Rom isn't working. My computer recognizes its in but it doesn't load up and it doesn't play. Someone told me that it may be a motherboard problem. Can this be true.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello Forum nbsp I have bought a Lenovo Z - in january and since last weeks it seems the fan is not working since the stopped working Z50-75 fan laptop is overheating nbsp up to around C before it shuts down I've installed Speedfan to check the temperatures but speedfan can not find the fan nbsp There is also no airflow coming from the side days ago i opened my laptop because it seemed like the speakers were torn When i opened it and checked them there Z50-75 fan stopped working were a load of tiny balls magnetically attached to the speakers which has led me to think they could be the ball bearings from the fan Does that make any sense nbsp Im trying to find out if it's the fan itself or if it is a software mobo problem I've updated my BIOS to the latest version and downloaded the Lenovo Solution Center but without any luck nbsp Is anyone familiair with this problem or does anyone have some ideas what else I might try nbsp Kind regards Robbert

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z50-75-fan-stopped-working/td-p/3344362
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey All

The other day everything was running perfect, i took a phone call and when I came back my mouse wasnt working. Ok, so i rebooted. Still nothing, so I switched to another USB port, still nothing, then i tried my USB memory stick even that wouldn't recognize. So i tried all of my USB ports and still nothing.

Since then i have tried

- restoring to a few days ago
- took the whole rig apart
- tried a new PSU
- reset my CMOS
- took my battery out of my MB for 12 hours

Seriously everything. In my device Manager I have a Unknown Device that will nt update or even tell me what the hell it is, but I have NOTHING plugged into a USB port on my comp. I'm so lost anyone have any more ideas??

A:All my USB's stopped working!

Quote: Originally Posted by JSGTPD

Hey All

The other day everything was running perfect, i took a phone call and when I came back my mouse wasnt working. Ok, so i rebooted. Still nothing, so I switched to another USB port, still nothing, then i tried my USB memory stick even that wouldn't recognize. So i tried all of my USB ports and still nothing.

Since then i have tried

- restoring to a few days ago
- took the whole rig apart
- tried a new PSU
- reset my CMOS
- took my battery out of my MB for 12 hours

Seriously everything. In my device Manager I have a Unknown Device that will nt update or even tell me what the hell it is, but I have NOTHING plugged into a USB port on my comp. I'm so lost anyone have any more ideas??

JS

thats a bi**H. I can help you with the unknown device. if you go into device manager and right click the unknown go to properties>details>use the pull down to show hardware id's take the id string and drop it into google. It will tell you what the device is. hardware ID's are unique

Let us know if that doesnt help

Kenn J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/42717-all-my-usbs-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I have an hp pavillion dv6 7050ca and I just downloaded the new NVIDIA driver version 344.11..I opened GPU-Z and instantly is says it has stopped working and windows is finding a solution..So I thought it was this driver problem and I reinstalled the previous one. After I reinstalled, same thing happens..keep in mind I have used GPU-z for a year and it worked properly all until now...I deleted the NVIDIA drivers and tested if GPU-Z would work without it and it did..it detected my integrated Intel graphics 4000 but right when I installed again..it stops working everytime! Please help me!

A:GPU-Z Stopped Working?

Try a system restore to a restore point before you installed 344.11.

What version GPU-Z?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/346256-gpu-z-stopped-working.html