Windows Support Forum

Z50-70 - Buying a new/used working motherboard

Q: Z50-70 - Buying a new/used working motherboard

Hello everyone, I am looking to buy a new motherboard for my Z50-70, as I see this as my only option for my SSD/HDD to get detected in BIOS. I have gone through many lengths to get it working by WINtoUSB and reflashing the BIOS, but to no greater avail.So now I am looking for a new motherboard and it is virtually impossible to find one, Lenovo/Medion directed me to their site and it was out of stock. I have scoured eBay, I could not find one.My question is: Does anyone have a spare/not used or a Z50-70 lying around they would like to sell? I live in Denmark. Best regards,Rasmus.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Z50-70 - Buying a new/used working motherboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Z50-70 - Buying a new/used working motherboard

HI. You knowing reference, going on the motherboard, you'll know the exact model because in the manual are several.On this page you can find and cheaper: Here . Manual Service:https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g_z_50_series_hmm.pdf Regards.

Haga clic en la estrella para decir gracias, Por favor marque si resuelve su problema.No trabajo para LENOVO soy usuario voluntario.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z50-70-Buying-a-new-used-working-motherboard/td-p/3351960
Relevancy 22.79%

As the title says , I accidentally cut a wire between 2 pins (or whatever they are called) and now my PC starts slowing down after 20-25 minutes when I open it. After I restart everything is back to normal but after 20-25 mins its the same again. Is there a way to fix the wire between them or I have to buy a new motherboard? (sry , my english isnt very good. I hope you understood what is my problem) the image is what im talking about ,(the red is the wire) ,I got the motherboard picture from google , so its not mine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentally-cut-wire-between-2-pins-in-motherboard.217587/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi . considering that I don't overclock , I don't wanna SLI , im gonna buy cpu I7 4790 4G - 32G ddr (8x4 quad channel) - Windows 10 64bit .What's the best gaming and cheapest gigabyte motherboard on the market ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-motherboard.217380/
Relevancy 30.53%

Which graphics card to choose between nvidia GTX960 and nvidia GTX760?

A:Buying Graphics Card

They are both rated as the same card within their generation. The 960 is the newest card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-graphics-card.216700/
Relevancy 16.77%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 17.2%

SO close Help me get this ball across the goal line I have a old quot Microtek ScanMaker E quot scsi flatbed scanner that originally came with an ISA scsi interface to give you some idea of how old it is I connected it to my PC using a equally ancient Tekram F pci SCSI card c 64bit my got scanner Almost w/Win7 old working that I ve been using with bit WinXP Pro for years The scanner has an - quot x quot scanning bed dpi and bit color reproduction It works great and I see no reason to spend a few hundred dollars to replace it just for Win compatibility so I m trying to get it to work with the bit Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit version of Windows To complicate things the company that made my SCSI card Tekram went out of business years ago so the bit XP driver was the last they made But after MUCH Googling I found a bit Win compatible driver for another card using the same chipset and low amp behold Windows recognized it It then quot detected quot my scanner for the first time but didn t have a driver Again after much searching I found a Vista bit version of Microtek s quot ScanWizard quot scanner software with bit driver and now bit Windows detects my scanner Yeah But when I try to access the scanner I get an error telling me I quot must install Color Matching System first quot for the scanner to work I don t remember any such software being needed to use the scanner with XP and there is no such program in the ScanWizard software I just installed searching online suggests I will also need to run an quot ICC Color Profiler quot Anyone have any ideas So close yet so far I love doing things I was told were quot impossible quot Help nbsp

A:Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit

That Microtek ScanMaker E3 scsi flatbed scanner ... didn't even work well with Windows XP... and the cost in time and components to attempt to make it work are much higher than a decent Canon or Epson scanner which can be had fof $40... Less if used...

On what system are you runny SCSI ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/almost-got-my-old-scanner-working-w-win7-64bit.157055/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 22.36%

Elitegroup Computer Systems, better known to PC enthusiasts as ECS, may soon kiss the branded motherboard market goodbye. Sources familiar with the matter claim ECS is planning to exit the DIY board market due to shrinking global demand and increased...

Read more

A:ECS reportedly set to exit consumer motherboard market

Wow didn't even know these guys were still around I've not touched and ECS board since the athlon 64 days and even then I wouldn't buy one lol.

Not saying they were terrible but I've never been a budget system builder so their products have never appealed to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ecs-reportedly-set-to-exit-consumer-motherboard-market.215774/
Relevancy 21.93%

Since pure alcohol, for example pure Isopropyl alcohol and distilled water are supposed not to conduct electricity. What would happen if I dipped a turned-on PCB into it? . What would happen to a motherboard?

A:Would a PCB or motherboard be damaged if dipped into pure alcohol/distilled water while turned on?

OUCH ! Your assumptions may be spot on, but OMG why would one try this?????????

There's something called 'leakage' - - current flow when it's not expected.

I was working in an aerospace lab and the the EE had me perform an experiment because I said "the resistivity of the salt water was too low and leakage would trigger the device". So we got a bucket of salt water and dropped the device into the bucket - - precisely 30 seconds later (the designed timeout), the bucket erupted and salt water spewed everywhere [yes, the device was an explosive link].

The trigger point for the explosive was <500ma

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/would-a-pcb-or-motherboard-be-damaged-if-dipped-into-pure-alcohol-distilled-water-while-turned-on.215856/
Relevancy 17.2%

Greetings!

I have an MSI GS70 laptop here , its about 1 month old and the webcam has stopped working,

It has worked earlier, Nothing happens when I try to start it and when I try to find it in the device manager it is not there.

Any idea what I can try?

Thanks!

A:MSI GS70 Gaming laptop Webcam not working

Ok I have an MSI GT70, did you try activating it via the toolbar at the top of the screen that comes on MSI laptops. It looks like a tiny paperclip at the top of the screen in the center, there should be once you open that toolbar up an option to activate the webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-gs70-gaming-laptop-webcam-not-working.197211/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello,
I had a dell optiplex 7010 (service tag# 3LLBSW1) computer.
I took the motherboard out of this computer and installed it into a new ATX case.
all went well now I 'm having problems connecting the front panel audio, power switch, reset switch, & HD LED)

the dell connector is different than the cables I got on the new case. can anyone please help me to figure out how to plug these cables into the motherboard.

thanks

A:Dell Optiplex 7010 motherboard

Attach photos.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-7010-motherboard.198629/
Relevancy 17.2%

Resolved DNS on other on one problem working laptop, DNS network computers problem on one laptop other computers on network working I returned home for the holidays with my laptop running Windows Enterprise -bit When I connect to the wireless network my laptop reports that it is connected with internet access but there is no browsing capability at all P P works Steam works but Chrome Firefox Steam browser give me DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working the quot This webpage is not available quot page telling me that the DNS lookup failed All the other computers at home are working happily My settings were to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically nslookup said DNS request timed out It didn t work with the wireless or the wired internet with an ethernet cable I set up another network by using my iPhone as a hotspot to make sure it wasn t an issue with all connections and my computer could browse just fine using the iPhone hotspot But it didn t work with my home connection The first thing I tried was to use openDNS s DNS addresses and with my home connection It still failed and nslookup gave the same quot DNS request timed out quot I reset the modem router it s combined unfortunately to factory settings and tried directly connecting with an ethernet cable again It worked for half a second and I opened webpages before it stopped and gave the DNS errors again I tried the wireless internet and it still didn t work I can connect to the modem router I made a guest network just to try it and I got DNS errors again When I reconnected to my primary network it worked for half a second again then stopped My next attempt to fix it was going to the cmd prompt and typing ipconfig release then ipconfig renew I restarted my computer and tried again but I still received the same errors with P P working like before I turned off my firewall and tried but it still didn t work Then I tried ipconfig registerdns restarted my computer and tried again Still didn t work At this point IPv has been disabled but it s still not working I restarted the modem router multiple times but it does nothing to alleviate the problem I have Microsoft Security Essentials did a scan nothing detected Also tried System Restore to two days ago got an error about how it failed Summary Using openDNS address Turned off IPv ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig registerdns no virus trojan system restore failed None of the above worked Other computers at home using the ISP s provided DNS server work My computer works with other connections but not my home network Is there anything else I can try Thanks in advance nbsp

A:DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working

Fe3C said:

Summary:
Using openDNS address.
Turned off IPv6
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /registerdns
no virus/trojan
system restore failed

None of the above worked.
Other computers at home using the ISP's provided DNS server work[1].
My computer works with other connections, but not my home network.Click to expand...

Good work. The router is fine[1] so don't fuss with it anymore.

Look for an updated driver for your WiFi adaptor.

On any working system run IPCONFIG /ALL and compare it to the results on the failing system. Look for missing Gateway address or IP address like 169.x.y.z

Some concern re failing system restore, but that's not a networking problem per se.

Work on a wired network first and then move to wifi.
Empty all manual settings on the LAN Connection (get properties, scroll to tcp/ip, click property button - - check ALL tabs; delete everything.

You should be able to PING 8.8.8.8 and then PING google-public-dns-a.google.com.
This shows the LAN adaptor has connectivity and DNS resolution.

Now do the very same sequence with your WiFi connection.
Disconnection from the router and then reconnect.
Inspect IPCONFIG /ALL again to look for valid IP addr, gateway addr and valid DNS settings. (not the OpenDNS you had before).

ping 8.8.8.8 ; if this doesn't work, then the WiFi settings are invalid even before DNS is an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-problem-on-one-laptop-other-computers-on-network-working.174565/
Relevancy 17.63%

So this is my first time making a forum post since 169.xx ip address working, Ethernet not I am not desperate because nothing I ve tried has worked So two weeks ago I had an electrical surge in my house on my desktop the ethernet port on the motherboard died so I sent Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address back my motherboard to have that fixed Now that I have it back I tried getting my ethernet to work though now the Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address connection properly works as in Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address the local area connection is now at least recognized I still have no internet access I just tried reinstalling Windows bit fresh install after I wiped everything My ethernet adapter is called Realtek PCIe GBI Family controller I have a E Linksys router and a Comcast modem I tried plugging the ethernet cable into each other but no luck Currently I m attempting to at least make the desktop use the modem internet directly I seem to be sending packets but not receiving them when I looked in the Status of the Local Area Connection in network connection details I have an autoconfiguration ipv of xxx xxx ipv subnet mask and nothing in the ipv default gateway dns server or wins server and no ipv default gateway I ve tried many things too many to name now but I am willing to try anything you guys mention and post the appropriate data or logs just tell me what it is you would like to see Any help would be highly appreciated nbsp

A:Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address

Anytime you see 169.x.y.z, that's the clue that your DHCP request to the router did not get an answer.

DHCP should return an IP address directly related to your router's address and two DNS addresses.

search the form for DHCP - - I've posted a solution here on TS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-not-working-169-xx-ip-address.203386/
Relevancy 17.2%

HP G62-b80SS laptop
Many keys in the keyboard aren't working. I've successfully replaced the motherboard for this laptop because it went dead because of some dampness trickling going inside and is now otherwise working fine. It's been abandoned for 7 months. I've reseated the keyboard connector and cleaned it with a contact cleaner.
I guess I need to get a new keyboard, am I right?
Thanks!

A:Many keys in keyboard not working HP G62-b80SS laptop

Or the motherboard keyboard connector is damages by corrosion...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-keys-in-keyboard-not-working-hp-g62-b80ss-laptop.213407/
Relevancy 16.34%

AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware. There's a ton of controversy surrounding what did...

Read more

A:AMD is working on Catalyst beta drivers for 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' and 'Project Cars'

"AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware."

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, "runs like crap" doesn't strike me as professional an expression as "runs terribly" or "are both exceptionally poor performers on..." It may convey the sentiments of the accompanying article comments, but those are supposed to be crude.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-is-working-on-catalyst-beta-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-and-project-cars.213323/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi guys

I have an intel DP55WB whitsburg a pair of matched 2gb sticks installed at the moment in slots 1 and 3 and nothing in 0 or 2.

I put a new 4gb stick of IBM ram in and get 3 long beeps and it keeps repeating. Everything goes back to normal when I take out the new stick. It happens in both slots 0 and 2.

Am I doing something wrong? With the new stick do I need to change the placement of my original ram?

Thanks!

A:New ram makes motherboard beep

This motherboard has support for DDR3 1333 /1066 MHz DIMMs. If you insert DDR3 1600 it probably will not work. Intel motherboards are famous for sticking to the specifications and not exceeding them. I own 2 Intel Motherboards.

I don't know if this is allowed but here is the Intel Specifications of the Motherboard.
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-dp55wb.html

Make sure you unplug the computer from the wall or the power strip before adjusting RAM DIMMS. All RAM is different. Normally you add it in Pairs to maintain the dual channel functionality. If you don't the RAM will slow down. It is not wise to mix and match different kinds of RAM. This can be related to capacity, latency, SPEED, voltage. Then some RAM may not work with other RAM due to incompatibility with the existing RAM. Some RAM may not work in your motherboard due to incompatibility with the motherboard. Some shorter DIMMS also use a different voltage and you cant mix different voltages. RAM is not just buy it and stick it in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-ram-makes-motherboard-beep.212524/
Relevancy 22.36%

I get a bit jittery when I'm unplugging cable connectors (these images are just examples, I'm thinking of all types of connectors). What's the best way to safely unplug them?, pull from the cables or from the plastic case. What's your experience?. This pics are just a few examples of connectors. I'm posting this thread about any type of connectors. Thank you.

A:What's the best way to unplug laptop cable internal connectors on motherboard etc?

Many simply pull apart. Watch out for the ones with locking tabs though. I don't think you have anything to worry about as long as you take your time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-way-to-unplug-laptop-cable-internal-connectors-on-motherboard-etc.212863/
Relevancy 17.63%

My hard drive died and I took it to a computer shop where he put in a new one and windows XP, as no one had a vista disc. Since I got it back the blue Fn key doesn't work. Numbers lock works, but all the F keys, volume controls, brightness controls and my crt/lcd don't work at all. Dell doesn't seem to have a driver that I can find. Does anyone have one that would fix this? Is there another way to use the F keys, especially the crt/lcd without having to use the Fn key?

A:Fn key not working on Inspiron 1501 with XP

Be sure you are the registered owner, then call Dell Tech support, and ask them to send you the install disk set... It is usually free for the original owner, if not supplied at time of purchase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-key-not-working-on-inspiron-1501-with-xp.156952/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello,

I have a HDMI cable for my monitor, with a nvidia graphic card...

but now I have a big doubt, I dont know if my motherboard's graphic card's imput is not working anymore or if its my graphic's card after a FLASHY BLACKOUT today...

my nvidia control panel is not working anymore... whenever I try using VGA or HDMI with my graphic card it doesnt show any sign in the screen... so im currently using my normal VGA motherboard's imput...

I tried using an old graphic card and its not working, I tested the VGA cable and HDMI cable and they are working perfectly...

yet, after I set the graphic card in the slot, the fan it start working, if I unplug the graphic card but leave the curent cable, it doesnt start the fan so I guess the motherboard's imput is working

so idk what's the problem here, I have all the drivers and everythign was working perfectly before the blackout

A:Broken motherboard slot or graphic card

Well... its too late and soon for expect an answer but...

I tested my graphic card in an old motherboard and it was working... it didnt load windows cuz of the diferent motherboard but connecting my VGA in my gpu worked, and the HMDI didnt work I guess because it need to be configured after windows loading etc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-motherboard-slot-or-graphic-card.212639/
Relevancy 23.22%

So I made my first custom build pc recently and my specs:
Motherboard: Z97 GAMING 5
CPU: Intel 17-4790k
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce G1 GTX 970 4GB
Ram: 16gb ddr3

In my MSI software (MSI Command center) it goes around the 85 degrees when I play Battlefield 4 on ultra.
Is the motherboard temp the same as the CPU temp? and is 85 degrees too much?
I do use the stock cpu cooler.
Also I have a 200mm front and a 140mm in the back.

A:Motherboard at 87 Degrees?

Download HWiNFO64 and use this software to compare temps. Not saying there is anything wrong with the MSI software, but there is always a possibility that it is not reading the correct temps.
Also, do you overclock? Overclocking will affect the temps, especially if you are still using stock coolers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-at-87-degrees.212568/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi
I have an asus x555ld-x0549h, it has a built in camera that does not work. I have been searching for a driver all day and didnt find a thing...
then I tought that the camera was being blocked and I enabled it and... still noting...
can anyone help me please?
I'm using windows 8 and the camera app says that I need to plug in a camera... so.... wtf?! :S

A:Asus x555ld built in camera not working

How old is this laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x555ld-built-in-camera-not-working.212530/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have no clue if I'm posting this in the correct place but here it goes my Sell insperion laptop worked just fine as of a couple of days ago. We ended up connecting it to the Ethernet cord and it works. We've tried restarting it numerous times and it doesn't recognize any networks. Any suggestions?

A:Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

Have you checked under your Device Manager to see if the WiFi was disabled for some reason? Does your Dell have a physical WiFi button, and is it turned on? You could also go to the Dell website and download the WiFi device drivers for your specific laptop. Un-install the WiFi drivers, reboot and then re-install them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped-working-now-only-works-wired.212471/
Relevancy 17.63%

My computer is able to connect to the internet through an ethernet cable, but no devices besides my tv is able to wirelessly connect at all. The internet doesn't even show in the Choose A Network tab on my Ipad.

A:WiFi isn't working but ethernet is

What is the make and model of the router or modem you are using? What type of internet connection do you have (DSL / Cable / Satellite / etc). What have you done so far to try to correct this problem (reboot equipment, change settings, unplug then re-plug equipment, etc.)? Need to provide more information before anyone can really try to help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-isnt-working-but-ethernet-is.212323/
Relevancy 22.36%

HI, I was wondering if it is safe to use an atx psu on a motherboard with an eatx power connector. The motherboard has a 24-pin eatx and a 4-pin atx 12v connector. I bought the motherboard and started using an atx psu and everything seems to work ok then realized after it was an eatx power connector on the motherboard. Are there eatx psu's? Thanks

A:Safe to use ATX PSU on a motherboard with an EATX power connector?

EATX is a form factor (12"x13") not a power connector. I'm assuming you are talking about using a PSU with a 20 pin (old ATX) connector with a newer motherboard that has a 24 pin (current ATX) connector. If that is the case you will need to consult your motherboard's manual. Some 24 pin boards run fine with only 20 pins some don't. The issue is that each pin in only rated to carry a certain amount of current (Amps). If you overload one of these pins your risk burning or melting the ATX connector on either the PSU, Motherboard, or both.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safe-to-use-atx-psu-on-a-motherboard-with-an-eatx-power-connector.181034/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey guys,

So as the title says I'm planning to buy a new graphics card. My current one is pretty outdated (1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series).

I already have a new card in mind which fits my budget :
ASUS GTX750TI-OC-2GD5

I just wanted to make sure that my computer is gonna be able to handle it, or if anyone maybe knows a better card in the same price range ?

here are my specs :

Operating System
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2
CPU
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
Bloomfield 45nm Technology
RAM
12,0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-19)
Motherboard
Acer FX58M (CPU 1)

My psu should be 450watts.

Anyone think this could give problems ? thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-advice-with-buying-new-gpu.211274/
Relevancy 22.79%

Current specs
Intel db75en
Intel i5 3rd gen 3450
Gtx 970 amp extreme edition
Samsung evo 120
PSU corsair vs 650
Liquid cooler h50 corsair

Currently they are on LGA 1155 mobo

I just killed my old motherboard
And now I am planning to buy i7 4790k

There are three motherboards I have in mind and all of them are asus z97 series based. Want to buy only asus..
Z97 A
Z97 k
Z97 c

I want to know that whether I should upgrade and get 1150 mobo and new processor or not!

(I have no plans to put dual gtx 970 bt plan to use secondary gfx card (gtx560) as phyx dedicated card)
If yes then
1. Which mobo I should go for and why?
2. Will the old h50 will be fittable on my new board or not!

Any new advise also appreciated!
Thank You

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-liquid-cooler-suggestions.210943/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have same problem Recently ISP have changed my ADSL working stops Wi-Fi router to vDSL modem WiFirouter I m using assembled service of internet IPTV and VoIP My LAN works perfectly but WiFi Wi-Fi stops working is giving me some hard time everything works nice and I m using internet on my laptop Lenovo t Win phone LG G andorid tablet iPad but day after all devices are showing that they are connected to WIFI but there is no or low internet response for example skype works but cant open some pages other are opening but some images don t load fb etc I can t log in into router to reboot it And this issue when internet isn t working normally but showing as connected persists on all devices I ve mentioned above But at the same time when internet isn t working when I try it on my desktop PC Win everything works normally Then I need to go to router turn it off then on and everything works perfectly sometimes for a day sometimes for a couple of days I ve tried everything changing IP lease time changing freq form to changing channels switching from b g n to N almost everything I could think of My WiFi is secured with WPA PWA -PSK-TKIP AES password and name is a simple one with char name My modem router information s are Device Type ZXHN H N Device Serial No ZTEEG E Batch No T HW Version V SW Version V L BOSNIA BOOT Version V do anyone have an idea what it can be the reason why this is happening nbsp

A:Wi-Fi stops working

NetWalker85. Since your desktop works when your wireless devices don't, it's not your Internet signal from your ISP. Your devices are showing the router's SSID which is being broadcast, but not the wireless internet signal from the router. I would reset the modem/router to it's default settings and change the necessary items (SSID and passwords,security settings, max number of IP addresses for the router to assign to devices,etc). if that was never done. If the problem is still there, I would request a new combo unit, or possibly see if there is a firmware update for that combo unit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stops-working.210644/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey Guys plz help me out in finding a Compatible MOTHERBOARD which can be upgraded further
Requirements
I have intel Q6600 Processor Core 2 Quad 2.40 GHz (4 CPUs)( I would like to overclock it)
Navidia 9800GT 1gb
Ram 4GB DDR3

I dnt knw if wifi and blutooth comes inbuilt in motherboad if ys thn also include them.
And also suggest a Compatible SMPS Socket(LGA 775)

A:Need a motherboard

What is your current motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-motherboard.209509/
Relevancy 17.63%

Gateway NE56R41u laptop freezes after 5-10 minutes of running, ran many many tests and scans to try to find malware but nothing was found, it works fine in safe mode but not in safe mode with networking, please help

A:Gateway Laptop isn't working

When something works in Safe Mode but not while in Normal it points to a driver issue. Have you tried updating your WiFi/Network Interface Card (NIC) drivers for your system from Gateway's website?

Do you use a cooling pad? Laptops can get hot quickly and high temps will freeze/shut-down a system fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-isnt-working.209213/
Relevancy 30.96%

How do I start a conversation on hear I need help with buy a laptop as well plz

A:Buying a laptop

Post your concerns / issues and we'll attempt to respond - - That's what Techspot does - - answer questions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-laptop.209448/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi when I applied some new Thermal paste to my rig I noticed that my case fan stop spinning after the POST test on bootup.
my build is.
G33MO3 Motherboard
E8500 CPU
EVGA gtx 650 GPU
250 Seagate HDD
Simple samsung Optical drive
430w corsair PSU
2x1Gb DDR2 RAM
I am running the latest version of BIOS for my motherboard (dell revision 1.0.15).
This is unfortunate as I was just about to overclock my system and now the only fan on my case has gone.
I know the fan works because during POST it spins up.
I've tried clearing the BIOS to default with CMOS but that did nothing but slow my computer down.
Thank you.

A:Fan not working and PC instantly slowed down?

Hmm, don't try clearing the BIOS, try looking through it, the fan might be disabled for some reason in there. Also, do you have any other places you could plug that fan into ( on the motherboard, or you could just use two wires to connect it to the PSU directly ? Also, make sure any fan-control or overclock software doesn't interfere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-not-working-and-pc-instantly-slowed-down.207984/
Relevancy 17.63%

It was like any other day while I was working on the computer while my PC suddenly shut down I tried turning it back PC working not GPU using on but nothing So I opened up the case and noticed that when I press the power button not even PC not working using GPU the motherboard fan starts spinning I stripped down everything from the system and tried running it It worked flawlessly So after putting everything back on one by one the culprit turned out to be the Graphics card The computer would turn on with the card inserted into the PCI slot Whenever I would place it in there not even connected with the VGA cable just plugged in the slot the motherboard would refuse to start up So I decided to check the GPU for cylinder holes but everything seemed to be intact no burnt smell or anything The PC works just fine with the integrated graphics Can it really just die like that without a proper reason It wasn t over-heating I had that one checked So what should I do right now I don t have a spare GPU to check if it s the PCI slot that s the problem or the GPU which was fine like minutes ago nbsp

A:PC not working using GPU

Hmm, what graphics card are you using ? It might be that your power supply lost it's wattage over time, and that it's now not strong enough to power it. How much W does your PSU give ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-not-working-using-gpu.209267/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a HP HPE- f i quad core with a TB WD primary and a TB WD secondary that I ve had for about - years and have cloned the primary several times with no problems About - weeks ago I cloned the primary once again with another TB WD only to find that after the cloning the DVD drive stopped writing It actually begins the process but after writing the lead-in it simply sits there and spins heating the disk and of course making it unusable Once this occurs working DVD burner stoped after cloning it usually cannot be stopped by any means and the machine has to be hard rebooted to proceed Since the first cloning operation I have re-cloned the original using three different cloning programs all with the same result as well as cloning to a new TB WD drive with the same results I ve also replaced the DVD drive with two different known good drives one being brand new went through all of the HP troubleshooting procedures uninstalled DVD burner stoped working after cloning the drivers and re-installed them deleted the high and low files from the registry etc with no success The strange thing is that if I use the original hard drive along with the cloned drive I can boot off the original and burn to the same DVD drive with no problem I can also write CD s with both the original and the clone both audio disks and data disks I ve also ran the DVD drive off from one of the other SATA ports on the mother board along with replacing the cable I even took the computer into a computer shop and they worked on it for over days and could not identify the problem To make a long story short this problem is just about ready to get the best of me I ve ordered an external DVD drive believing this will work but I would really like to determine why it is doing what it is doing The cloning should not have caused it but seems to be the only thing that is common to the problem I would really appreciate any incite that you may have nbsp

A:DVD burner stoped working after cloning

The only suggestion I can think of is some type of burning software is broken with the Cloned OS. If you have any software installed that handles the burning (include Roxio, Creative and all others) Remove them and the Registry files related.

I suggest using Revo Uninstaller as it will automatically search out and tell you whats left over, and let you delete them or save them. I suggest deleting all files/folders and registry items left to ensure they are not somehow causing the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-stoped-working-after-cloning.208883/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey,

Yesterday, I was working with my PC while my 1TB Seagate external hard (http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-Ultra-Portable-External-STAA1000101/dp/B0045JLPMO) was plugged in via USB. The USB connection was a little bit loose.

Then when I was plugging a USB flash memory in, I noticed that the external hard was disconnected.
I connected it again, but it didn't appear in My Computer.
Here is the state in Disk Management and Device Manager:

After that, I plugged out the "SATA to USB converter" from the hard and connected it directly to SATA cable inside the PC case (like internal HDD), but this time nothing showed up in Disk Management, Device Manager and BIOS. However, it took a long time for the system to boot.

I searched and read lots of threads and tested some other stuff:

(It didn't appear in Minitool Partion Wizad).

I've got a lot of data on this HDD which really matters to me.
Any help is really appreciated.

A:FreeAgent 1TB External Hard stopped working (unknown, not initialized)

Hi there Sedhadi,

If your HDD is failing the manufacturer's tests it is probably dead. IF you need to get your data back look for a reputable data recovery company in the area.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeagent-1tb-external-hard-stopped-working-unknown-not-initialized.208828/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a computer that I built and I am pretty sure the motherboard is going out on me... Any suggestions for a new motherboard that will support the parts I already have from my previous build?

MoBo - thats going out - : ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX AMD Moboo

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 6-Core 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Desktop Processor

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X + Turbulence II Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXLD

Videocard: EVGA 02G-P3-1386-KR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I built this thing around 2011 so any suggestions for something new that will work for me?

A:Motherboard for my build

Take a look here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007625 600158776

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-my-build.208651/
Relevancy 23.22%

Greetings. I have an Asrok Z77 Extreme 6 Motherboard.

I currently have an I5 3570K in there. I believe my Mobo is LGA 1155.

Can I pull out the 3570L and drop in a I7 4790K? I 'think' they are the same socket.

Not sure if I will see any real increase in performance. I over clock the I5 to 4.2.

Any advice is welcome.

A:Question about my motherboard

Larsenex said:

Can I pull out the 3570L and drop in a I7 4790K? I 'think' they are the same socket.Click to expand...

Sorry, no. While your motherboard does have socket 1155, the processor i7 4790K is socket 1150. You'll need a new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-my-motherboard.208311/
Relevancy 21.93%

Okay so I am starting this thread here seeing as how Clock and A10-6800K AMD Motherboard Wrong Setting Voltages Speeds the topic of the old one no longer applies to this situation I jumped ahead of myself trying to overclock this CPU which made me question the frequencies and voltages which are supposed to be set automatically by the motherboard I am having a tough time understanding all this I will post links to the exact AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds parts I am AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds using so whoever is keen enough to try to help will know what we re dealing with Motherboard MSI A X-G Gaming CPU AMD A - K Richland GHz Turbo Black Edition RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR MHz PC V CPU-Z Screenshots After doing some AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds reading in regards to overclocking I have found out some details which are totally incorrect in my case For starters the FSB to DRAM Frequency Ratio from what I read is supposed to be some reported slightly higher ratios or something similar but CPUZ is showing which sounds absurd Also it s reporting the RAM as PC - at MHz and voltage at I haev Intel XMP enabled on the motherboard and the motherboard reports memory speed in BIOS at DDR- MHz Can someone analyze the above shot and information and clue me in as to what is wrong and what needs to be done I would really appreciate it because I am baffled I have no clue what the CPU-NB frequency and voltages are for so I don t want to mess with something I don t know anything about Anyway any and all help is much appreciated as always nbsp

A:AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds

Go into the BIOS and change the DRAM voltage to 1.60 or 1.65V and set the timing as u see XMP-2132

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-a10-6800k-motherboard-setting-wrong-voltages-and-clock-speeds.208183/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey, I'm a new member here with a problem!

I have a pair of Skullcandy Crushers with an arguably great built-in mic that turn on with a press of a button. However I built a new computer a few days ago and installed the latest version of the ASUS Realtek HD Audio manager, and while the audio on the headphones work, the mic refuses to work and isn't even recognized on programs like Skype and Hangouts.

I have tried the front two ports and tinkered with the settings and nothing has worked as of now, please help ASAP!

-Extabyte

A:Skullcandy Crusher mic not working with ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager

Yeah thats because Skullcandys aren't really built for computers, just iPhone & Android. I had the same issue with my Skullcandy headphones and decided to buy a legit for PC headset. Sorry you spent your money on them!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skullcandy-crusher-mic-not-working-with-asus-realtek-hd-audio-manager.204154/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello All I am having a bit of a strange issue that I have with CPU Motherboard or Strange issue never run into before Yesterday after getting home from the store I booted up my PC and started to play a game although I noticed that I was getting framerate stuttering It seemed to keep dropping a lot throughout my play So I started taking a look at some of my sensor utilities Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard When I opened Asus Probe II I noticed that it was telling me that one of my chassis fans weren t running Okay no problem it must have gone bad I than took at look at the frequency and noticed that my AMD FX- was only running at GHz per core I also checked CPUZ and had the same results So I booted to the bios just to take a look and noticed that it show my Chassis fan WAS running fine and that my frequency was at GHz per core as it should So I though that it must be a fluke Booted back into windows and again same issues So I shutdown and took the side off my case which is also where the Chassis fan it said was running is located Turned the computer back on and noticed the fan was running fine I logged into windows and noticed that seconds after windows logs in that one chassis fan turns off and the CPU underclocks to GHz multiplier All of the other fans in my case still running perfectly GPU running fine HDD s running fine Could it be possible that Asus probe II itself is underclocking my CPU If so what would be causing the fan to shut off My first thought was power-supply but I have no issues when stressing my hardware even in this state I am an IT consultant but have not run into this issue before Any help would be greatly appreciated PC Specs- ASUS m a r Motherboard AMD FX- CPU CoolerMaster HYPER N CPU Cooler Kingston HyperX Blu GB x Galaxy Geforce GTX Ti OC w PowerSupply Cougar Evolution Full Tower Case Samsung gb SSD Let me know if you need any other information nbsp

A:Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard

CPU temperature too high?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issue-with-cpu-or-motherboard.203184/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, I have a MSI g31m3 v2 s-7529 motherboard and wont turn on.
I change the power supply
I put on some themical paste in the cpu
I put away all hard drivers
but didnt work, only the fan turn on then its turn off
I think the motherboard dosent work.

A:Motherboard wont turn on

Please provide list of make and model for everything you have for this setup (CPU, RAM, GPU, Hard Drives, Optical Drives, Power Supply, Aftermarket coolers, etc.). We need to make sure that you have all compatible parts.
Also, have you tried to disconnect all things except the power supply connection to the motherboard, CPU & RAM and see if the motherboard starts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-wont-turn-on.208015/
Relevancy 22.36%

Wanted a gaming config ...
I have GCARD > NVIDIA GEFORCE GTS 450 (ASUS)
I NEED a good motherboard for gaming with intel core i3 4160.... 3.6ghz ,lga1150
my options are :
gigabyte/asus
B85 M D3H (or other b85 variants)
H87 M D3H (or other h87 variants)
H97
H81

all above are compatible but its really difficult 2 choose as the differences
even among same chipsets are too close(eg there are variants under same
h87)

all the above boards r in my budget!

games downloaded:
watch dogs ,cod(adv warfare,ghosts),max payne 3,MOH (warfighter),FAR CRY 4,ASSASINS CREED UNITY,Crysis 3 ,Dead Rising 3 ,Dead Space 3 ,GTA,LA Noire,Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor,Need for Speed Rivals ETC ETC (thank god PIRATE BAY is up agn from COSTA rica)

A:Suggest motherboard for nvidia GTS450 & i3 4160 (gaming)

I would go for either the H87 or H97. It is really your choice in the end but all of the ones listed are good. ASUS, Gigabyte, and Asrock are all good board manufacturers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggest-motherboard-for-nvidia-gts450-i3-4160-gaming.207743/
Relevancy 16.77%

hi guys wish you all a great new year.

im facing a very annoying issue with my laptop, some keys are not working, the left **** and the windows key I just don't know whats happening.

can someone please help mw with that.

thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-7537-shift-and-windows-key-not-working.207933/
Relevancy 23.65%

Not sure if this is only confusing to me, but why are there so many different versions of X99 boards by EACH manufacturer?

I'm looking at Asrock, they have about 10 models: http://www.asrock.com.tw/microsite/IntelX99/

Then I'm looking at MSI and there are 6 models: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/#?category=Socket 2011-3&category_no=1179

SERIOUSLY, how to choose?

A:Which X99 Motherboard?

There are several ways you can choose a motherboard, but I personally look at the brand first before looking at features because some manufacturers are more reliable than others. I personally like ASUS and Gigabyte but ASRock and MSI are alright also. Now, onto features. There isn't really much you can differtiate between motherboards of the same chipset since most features are largely unimportant to the regular consumer. Usually the more expensive boards have more "features", whether relavent/important or not, is up to the buyer. I would check out this link.

If you still have questions, please ask.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-x99-motherboard.207791/
Relevancy 17.63%

Sometimes when I'm skyping, I want to play audio so I enable my stereo mix. I got a new computer though so I had to re install the realtek high definition audio recording. I've tried using it, but it doesn't work. It says it's enabled and it's my default device, and no green bars pop up to indicate it's working either. Any help would be cool, thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stereo-mix-enabled-but-not-working.207783/
Relevancy 17.63%

I'm doing a simple build for my parents and when I boot it up the monitor doesn't respond. Everything is hooked up properly and I've tried a different monitor.
Processor - i3-3240 with hd 2500 integrated graphics
Motherboard - ASRock H61MV-ITX

A:Integrated graphics not working

Issue resolved. Sorry I dont know how to delete the thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-graphics-not-working.207495/
Relevancy 17.2%

I just purchased screen quot DELL U H quot and a new computer The happy unboxing time turned to a nightmare when the noob I am could not connect the screen to the computer like the guy is doing in the youtube video Thanls Screen Info http accessories us dell com sna productdetail aspx c us amp cs amp l en amp sku -BBCG What I am trying to do This guy is connecting his screens to each other than to the PC but I am unable to achieve it 3 station configure screen my working Can't My Computer Spec Asus ROG G Desktop PC i Can't configure my 3 screen working station GB TB NVIDIA GTX - CPU Intel Core i - M Cache up to GHz - VGA NVIDIA GTX GD - OS Windows - Memory G DDR MHz - Storage TB SATA G ASUS Can't configure my 3 screen working station westorage years - ODD Blu-Ray X Combo - LAN Mbps - Audio -channel Audio SonicMaster - Card readerN A - Front I O - USB x - Mic Port x - Earphone port x - back I O x RJ LAN x HDMI-Out - x channel Audio - x USB x USB - x Power jack - power supply WAdapter - certificates BSMI CB CE FCC UL CCC Energy Star VCCI Graphic Card Spec http www asus com Graphics Cards GTX PHOC GD specifications nbsp

A:Can't configure my 3 screen working station

As far as I can tell, Nvidia doesn't support Surround (three monitors) via daisy-chaining (the card in the video was AMD Radeon). You might be able to get two monitors to work like that - some sort of DisplayPort MST support was added a while ago because of tiled 4k displays - but to get them all working they need to be plugged to the card directly.

As GTX750 doesn't have proper connectors, you might need to change your graphics card to something that has three DP outputs or 2xDP + HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-configure-my-3-screen-working-station.206802/
Relevancy 23.22%

I m a tech with years of IT experience PSU. power bad Still or motherboard a won't up Not and I ve built my fair share of computers over the years I have a puzzling one I cannot get to Not a bad motherboard or PSU. Still won't power up the bottom of I m afraid I cannot for the life of me Not a bad motherboard or PSU. Still won't power up get this computer to power on Here is a list of things I ve tried and or eliminated The first thing to happen was quite strange The computer would start when I first got it it was a used system but only after a few presses of the power button I don t ever remember it powering up on the first press of the power button It s an Intel DX BT Extreme Series motherboard with a bit Intel CPU in it GB of RAM FYI the motherboard has a aux power on off switch ON the motherboard itself used for testing at the labs - the manual recommends using the front panel switch however obviously Current state the computer will not turn on at all There are two LED s by the CPU that are for indicating a voltage regulator overheating and the CPU overheating When I hit the power switch the VR Regulator LED blinks quickly once and that is all Ok here goes - Tested PSU came back fine Decided to use that PSU in another system to double check would not boot up in the nd system I replaced the PSU with a good one I know that works of even higher wattage Still doesn t boot up - Tried using onboard power switch same result Tried using the reset switch as a power switch same result so the switches are likely OK I even removed all front panel switch connectors and tried to jumper the two power pins using a flathead screwdriver Still doesn t boot up no power only a solid green light on the mobo when power is plugged in - Reseated all RAM sticks although a system should still POST if a stick is bad as well as CPU same result - Replaced RAM with RAM I know works Same clock speed compatible with this motherboard Again if it s RAM it shouldn t prevent the fans from spinning - Replaced CPU with a good one same socket factor Still no powering up - Removed all other hardware USB cables video card speaker connector drives etc same result - Also replaced the fan with a non-OEM intel fan that has a higher RPM and draws more air - Tried replacing thermal paste on the premise that since the VR reg is showing it s overheating hopefully this would do something - Replaced CMOS battery Same result After testing just about everything I came to the conclusion that it must be a bad motherboard What Yeah a faulty Intel motherboard I ve never heard of such a thing So I RMA ed the board and got the new on in the mail How puzzled was I when the same exact thing happened Words can t describe Solid green light when power cord is plugged in VR light flashes BTW the green light is a V Standby Power Indicator Now in the manaul it states that these lights CPU amp VR LED s will flash when they re indicating a fault not blink once So I tried all the steps again nothing I have replaced every piece of hardware I can think of with good hardware and am still getting the same result - a flashing VR regulator LED Intel has no support for this and the people I ve spoken with at tech support at Intel are stumped My only thought left is a grounding issue which would seem strange to me since the problem gradually got worse that is taking more presses of the power button to power on then eventually no response I am going to switch cases and see if that s the problem If that fails I am out of troubleshooting steps - I ve literally replaced EVERYTHING inside and outside the computer Again to reiterate these are the things that have remained constant in both motherboards original and RMA ed Solid green V Standby Power Indicator Flash of the VR LED when applying power I have replaced every component with the exception of the case and the standouts which I believe have grounding rings on the threads Any ideas nbsp

A:Not a bad motherboard or PSU. Still won't power up

Speaking of shorts, try pulling the motherboard out of the case. Place it on a non-static, non-conducting surface and leaving in the CPU, heatsink/fan, only hook up the PSU, RAM and graphics card, see if will post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-a-bad-motherboard-or-psu-still-wont-power-up.151315/
Relevancy 30.53%

I need a computer that can handle video editing, mainly Final Cut Pro and Adobe Suite. Right now I have a 5-year-old MacBook Pro that can't manage FCP let alone run any programs smoothly and quickly. I can't afford a MacPro, so I've been considering iMacs. What's my cheapest option that will get the job done? I've heard you can buy PCs and install Mac OS. Would that be my best option? (Having PC capabilities would be awesome, for light gaming). I want to save money but I don't want to buy anything that isn't equipped to handle video editing well (cause then I'm just wasting money). I want to stick with Mac OS, but I don't care about the design or whatever, so I'd happily get a PC and put Mac on it, but I don't know how I would go about doing that. So if you have any suggestions or advice, please let me know! Thanks!!

A:Buying new computer/OS for video editing

What is your budget (how much can you spend) for this new computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-computer-os-for-video-editing.207058/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hello hello After having a problem with my cd dvd drive I rebooted my computer and did a clean install of Windows from my Vista So right now I m running Windows Windows not install (Touch/slider) FN - 7 Clean Keys working I have a VAIO - VGN-CS J Windows looks and feels great so far The only problem is my little sliding touch pad at the top doesn t work I don t know if it s FN keys but on top of my keyboard there s a little sliding touch pad for volume along with a fast forward rewind key I used to be able to slide the volume up from there but now it s not working I looked it up and I know this has to do with my clean install of windows I tried installing a bunch of drivers like everyone said online Sony Shared Libraries Vaio Event Notebook Control Device And a bunch of other drivers that people talked about I don t know what s wrong but it s still not working so I did a system restore to before I installed everything so that I can have a clean slate Can someone please help me fix my volume control slider please Thank you so much nbsp

A:Clean install Windows 7 - FN Keys (Touch/slider) not working

Laptops have extras over and above Windows and if you reinstall the OS or upgrade it you lose these. I've been there and done that with the FZ. It was broken when I bought it and the hard drive had been removed. Fixing the computer was very hard, installing Windows 7 was easy. Afterwards, like yourself I found that the function keys didn't work. Trawling forums and looking for drivers then sorting it out took ages and that was the most challenging part of the whole exercise. Everything necessary was on the Sony support sites but these were not user friendly and I needed to use several Sony sites. Needless to say Sony support were clueless. In the end I got everything functioning but if you can manage with things as they are I'd not bother. One tip, although it might not work with your particular Vaio model is that stuff has to be installed in a particular order otherwise some keys don't work.

That'll teach you to mess with Windows when a cd/dvd plays up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clean-install-windows-7-fn-keys-touch-slider-not-working.207046/
Relevancy 23.22%

A time ago I was plugging in to many USB devices at the same time. I had received a message saying that a power problem had occurred. Since then I have been unable to use the two ports, and I have looked up multiple guides on how to fix this. Nothing has worked, and I have run out of options. I do not have the disk anymore for the drivers.

A:Universal Serial Bus on MotherBoard

Just a note to any one, Keep the driver disk, not that would have helped, but there is always a chance u might need to reinstall the operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/universal-serial-bus-on-motherboard.206796/
Relevancy 17.63%

My wireless is not working on my computer, just a couple months ago I reset my computer using the ISO file, now my computer will only connect to the Ethernet cable. The wireless switch is on. I see a button near the VAIO button that shows a computer with signals coming off of it, I've tried pressing it but it doesn't do anything. Computer specs: VAIO Song Laptop with 6 GB Ram and 1 TB HDD.

A:Wireless network not working

Sounds like when you reset your computer the proper wireless drivers were not re-installed. I would start looking for a solution for this. What Operating System does it have (Windows 7 / Windows 8.1/ etc.)? Have you tried to remove the Wireless drivers and re-install those? How about downloading and installing updated drivers from the VAIO website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-not-working.206511/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello all

I have a HP Pro 3405 Microtower PC and I recently reinstalled Win 7 Ultimate.
Now I did a very stupid thing, I managed to install a DDR 2 1GB RAM on a DDR3 DIMM slot, don't ask me how but I did. There was also a DDR3 2GB RAM already there.

I quickly took out the DDR 2 and restarted the system, since then I've been getting 5 beep at startup which means "pre-video memory failure". I reseated the RAM, nothing changed. I looked on google on how to fix it but nothing worked.

I ordered another 2GB RAM from Offtek, same specs as the original RAM stick.
When I tried to install it today, it still was giving me the 5 beep code.
I've tried reseating it, resetting the BIOS, taking out the PSU... nothing >.<

Have I fried my motherboard? Or is there a solution I haven't tried yet?

Thanks in advance

A:RAM 2x 2GB on motherboard

If you have tried all that you speak of, sounds like you really messed up your motherboard. I don't think there's much you can do. Maybe if you know what form factor the motherboard is, you can replace it with one like it. If you don't know more then how to replace the RAM in a computer, I would not recommend going strait to replacing a motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-2x-2gb-on-motherboard.205839/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello,

I am considering upgrading my PC with a new CPU and some cooling for it.

At the moment I have an i5 4570 with stock cooler. It reaches 70c under heavy load.

I have a Bitfenix Mini ITX case using MOBO Gigabyte Z87N-Wifi,
I have been looking at an i7 4770K or 4790K, Is there any other better CPU in that pricerange you would recommend?

I have never overclocked but I have been planning to eventually overclock a little.

For cooling I have looked at the H105i , Would it fit my case even? I read its abit bigger then the H100i. I have checked the specs and as far as I can see it SHOULD fit?

Are there any other coolers you can recommend instead?

Thanks for any input or advice!

Kind regards!

A:Help with buying new CPU and what cooling to choose

If you want a nice little yet powerful cooler, get the Hyper 212 Evo. It can probably handle a .2-.3GHz overlock at least.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-buying-new-cpu-and-what-cooling-to-choose.206574/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have bought JBL Speaker FLIP Model FHP 2 on 14th July 2014 but it worked for only 2 to 2.5 months thereafter not working anymore.
I have taken to SPAR Artee Industrial on 29/09/14 but they are not providing free replacement not they are able to repairs as Charging PIN has spoiled. THe part is not available locally. The JBP Speaker are not working at all now.

Kindly suggest, for the Customer Care Complaints I am unable to find the Customer Care/ Replacement Customer Care / Service Center / Top Management Contact numbers for getting help for repairs / replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jbl-speaker-not-working-in-just-2-months-time-period.206690/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey guys, building a new PC, and I decided not to go too cheap with core components and leave the video card until later, while still getting everything in one go. Now this being the case, I will need to run non-dedicated graphics for a while (which are decent nowadays). Anyway, I want to go with the Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Motherboard and an AMD A10-6800K Richland CPU,

Will the video outputs on the motherboard work with the APU and will I be able to use integrated video until I get a dedicated video card?

The Newegg page for the motherboard says "Integrated Video: None", so I am a little bit confused, is there no integrated video chipset because that's what the CPU is now being an APU?

A:AMD A10-6800K with what motherboard for integrated video?

I just built a home office build system for my parents using that exact board with an A4-6300 Richland in a Cooler Master HAF 912 (I really like this case for microATX boards). The board was great to work with and since the APU is on the chip itself my folks didn't need to purchase a video card.

So to answer your question: Yes you'll get your video.

* I would seriously consider getting an aftermarket cooler to replace the heatsink that comes with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-a10-6800k-with-what-motherboard-for-integrated-video.205551/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I upgraded my cpu a while ago without checking if my mobo could run it.. worked fine on low usage but when I tried to stress the Cpu the pc died and wont boot/post. Is it the cpu or motherboard that takes damage from this? (Or both?)
I tried with my old cpu but with same result.
/ Andreas

A:125W cpu on 95W motherboard

Can you link us to your motherboard, your new cpu and your old one as well?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/125w-cpu-on-95w-motherboard.206146/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,
So I have noticed my pc would shut off randomly and its because the 24 volt connector wasn't in all the way so when the pc would move slightly the connector would disconnect itself. When I go to push the 24 volt in all the way it wont clip onto the clip on the motherboard. It will stay in but it wont fully go in and I can easily just pull it out or it will just fall out from movement. Any ideas how to fix this?
Motherboard- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130741
PSU- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

A:24 Volt connector wont fully connect to Motherboard

I think it is not 24 volts. it is a 24-pin(also labelled as 20+4pin) , 12volts main power connector.
the slots are designed so that the power connector will slide into the slot to form like a 'lock and key'. to remove it.
see to it that the power connector is inserted in the right direction as shown in the pics (towards the side):

edit, any moderator: please delete this post.
(my second post to this thread is more 'presentable')

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/24-volt-connector-wont-fully-connect-to-motherboard.206189/
Relevancy 22.79%

Just bought a new board and I dont know how to get my geforce gts450 card working

A:New motherboard failing to show my card

Have you installed latest NVidia driver pack compatible with your operating system?

www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-usClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-failing-to-show-my-card.206126/
Relevancy 17.63%

My old computer is crapping out and yes I know I need a new one. But in the meantime, it is telling me I have no soundcard. I am attaching my dxdiag report... Please help...

A:Sound card not working

Go to device manager and check if there is a yellow exclamation mark in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-not-working.204903/
Relevancy 31.39%

One of my friends wants to buy a PC so he asked me for help. I found 2(3) configurations which fit his budget. (and they are all similarly priced.)
i3 4130 with gtx 750 or AMD fx 6300 with r7 260x (the rest is the same 8gb ram 1tb hdd...)
And the third one is Intel i5 3350p with r7 250.
He would use it mostly for gaming and video play. Which one should he get? Thanx in advance

A:PC buying

Hello milostuvic,

I think the most important question to ask when picking out a new machine is its intended purpose. Is this machine going to be used for gaming?

The most balanced machine from a benchmark standpoint is the AMD setup. Its CPU and Video card fall in the middle. The r7 250 is a fairly weak video card, while that i3 is not the peppiest CPU.

If this machine is for light or general use, all of these would be a good choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-buying.205844/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, i currently have 2 x 1GB sticks of ram in my motherboard at the moment and wondered if i could buy a 4GB stick of ram and use it in conjunction with one of my 1GB sticks of ram, is this possible?

A:RAM 1GB & 4GB on motherboard

What are the specs of your pc? how many ram slots do you have spare?

DDR memory must be used in identical pairs for it to operate in dual channel mode. also if your using a 32 bit operating system only 4GB of memory will ever be used by your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-1gb-4gb-on-motherboard.172809/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have a sennheiser HD 202 and I am not able to hear any sound from the right side. I have to hold the cable in a position rhen it works. So what shall do now? Is there any chance of bringing it to normal state?

A:Sennheiser HD 202 sound not working

It's probably one of the wires inside the headphone lead has broken.
Does the same problem happen on all devices you plug the headphones into?
Or just one thing, say your PC for instance? (could it be a laptop headphone socket?)
If the problem is with all devices, ipods, pc's etc, then it's the headphone lead broken inside. If you can solder small wires and parts, you could change the lead yourself, but if the headphones are less than a year old you should return them under guarantee.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sennheiser-hd-202-sound-not-working.205645/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello guys,

I am on the hunt for a new gaming headset since I had to throw my old one out when I moved.

I have decided to put in a decent amount of money ( Around 150-200£ ) and I have had my eyes on Sennheiser 363d for some time now. It comes with a USB soundcard. I am unable to fit a soundcard in my PC since its a mini itx build so it sounds like a good investment in my ears.

I have also been checking out Turtlebeach xp seven however it does not come with a USB soundcard.

Now I am just wondering, My mother board :
Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI Motherboard
Has the following audio features :
Realtek® ALC892 codec
High Definition Audio
2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
Support for S/PDIF Out

Is that sound good enough to handle on its own or do you think id get an improvement with the soundcard from 363d?

Have you any experience with 363d or Turtlebeach Seven? What do you think about them?

I appreciate any inputs, also if you know of a headset I have totally overlooked

Kind regards,
Obzoleet!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-headset-do-i-need-usb-soundcard-or-is-my-mobo-good-enough-to-handle-it-on-its-own.205639/
Relevancy 23.65%

So Im looking for a new motherboard here are my current specs MSI H a Looking Motherboard new for M-P LGA Intel H SATA Gb Looking for a new Motherboard s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard Zotac ZT- - L GeForce GT Graphic Card - MHz Core - GB GDDR Looking for a new Motherboard SDRAM - PCI Express x Intel Core i - K Haswell Quad-Core GHz LGA W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I K G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Zotac ZT- - L GeForce GT Graphic Card - MHz Core - GB GDDR SDRAM - PCI Express x So this was my first build and it went great did make the mistake of getting a micro ATX and I have a massive case things that bother my about my current motherboard is that I dont have enough SATA plugs I have alot of hard drives and second I just got monitors and it only has PCI plug So Im also thinking about getting another graphics card to run of my monitors and having my current one run the other I was thinking of getting another GT but I do have a gtx sitting around would they work together Also if you have any advice about changing motherboards and not having to re-install OS clean that would be great nbsp

A:Looking for a new Motherboard

Well you also made the mistake of buying the GT 640 because the gtx 260 is fair amount faster.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-new-motherboard.205517/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, I'm building a budget gaming PC but I don't know what motherboard to get. Here's the parts I'm planning on buying:

Intel Core i5-3570
Corsair Builder Series CX 430
Radeon HD7850

A H77 board will do as the cost of a K cpu and Z77 board (I presume) would cost way more. I'm thinking something around the price of a Asus P8H77-V LE.

Thanks

A:What motherboard should I get for my build?

It matters on what brand you buy. Some H77 motherboards come close to low end Z77 boards. Also, the 3570K is just $20 more and allows for you to unlock your system fully as long as you have proper cooling.

If you would like, I can take a look at your build and recommend better components if I see it fit. Just provide me with a budget .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-motherboard-should-i-get-for-my-build.203630/
Relevancy 17.63%

Okay, so yesterday I was dropped off for my first day at Uni and I went into my room to set up my laptop. Somehow (truly a mystery) a single tear fell onto my keyboard, right in the gap below the space bar. Obviously, I thought nothing of it... for about a minute. Then suddenly my keyboard went absolutely crazy. The space bar stopped working and when I tried to type with any other key, weird stuff happened. For example, I would type "B" and instead it would come up as "###O'xnF."

As you can imagine, very weird. I left it for a little bit while I unpacked and when I came back to it, it seemed to have settled down, but some of the keys had stopped working all together. These include the space bar, the z, the s, the shift key, the left alt key etc. Basically, several on the left side of the space bar. I am having to use a USB keyboard but obviously I would rather not have to.

Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?

A:Laptop keys not working

"Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?"... Tears contain salt, salt is corrosive. Yes, take it to a repair place and tell them what you told us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-not-working.205454/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi, can someone help me get my Soundblaster Zx beamforming mic to work as it is advertised to please. People can hear my game in the background and they shouldn't be able to.

I'm running Windows 8 64 bit.

Thanks

A:Soundblaster Zx Mic not working as described

Just to confirm, have you enable beam-forming in mic properties?

go to sound control panel, select recording devices, then highlight your soundblaster and right click to properties and find enhancement tabs. alternatively you might also want to try "setup microphone" inside windows. im not sure what it is named in windows 8, but in windows 7 that's what you need to type inside the start search box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundblaster-zx-mic-not-working-as-described.204584/
Relevancy 17.2%

I bought new computer 1 year ago and everything went really nice until 10 days ago my graphic card fan stops working at times. At first I didn't know what was going on but I decided to open my case and start playing some really required game like WatchDogs and I noticed this. The fan stops working only when I play games. I updated my drivers but that didn't solve anything. I don't know why this is happening or how to fix it. I can tell when the computer is going to shut it self down because of overheating so I quickly alt+f4 my game whenever I see its going to happen. And I stare at the fan hoping that it will start working on it self again. I try to push it with my fingers but it wont continue. Only after 5-10 minutes pass I can move it with my fingers and it will start spining again.

What do I do?

A:Graphic card fan stops working.

When the fan is spining everything is working fine. And when it start spining again the temperature goes down fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-fan-stops-working.205181/
Relevancy 23.22%

Please suggest me a best motherboard (upto Rs. 6000) and a PSU for AMD FX-6300 processor.

A:Motherboard for amd fx-6300

Why not try the MSI Gaming 970 motherboard, its pretty inexpensive and a decent motherboard. Where do you shop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-amd-fx-6300.205255/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have this flash drive:
http://www.amazon.com/PNY-Turbo-Performance-Drive-P-FD128TBOP-GE/dp/B00FE2N1WS

And I am afraid it is dead. When I plug it in, 50% of the time, the red light constantly flashes at about 8 flashes a second, or flashes 3-4 times quickly before just shutting off and nothing happens.

If it is in constant flashing mode, I can open my windows explorer and see "Removable disk", however it is slightly transparent, and when I try to open it, it says "Please insert a drive", which leads me to believe the computer detects it, but can't read it. The properties window shows 0 bytes. Is there any hope at all of getting my ~65gb of used data off of this thing at all? Do I have to take it apart and do some soldering? Please help.

A:PNY 128 GB Flash Drive not working

Your flash drive probably has a damaged controller. If that data is important, best chance of retrieving your data would be a professional data recovery service. The cost of recovery depends on how extent is the damage of your disk.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pny-128-gb-flash-drive-not-working.204524/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an old Acer Aspire m3100 desktop and the case to it is broken, I have another case for it but I do not have the installation manual to show me how to reconnect all of the connections from this other case. How can I get or find the diagram showing how to make all connections to this motherboard. I'm trying to restore this computer for my grandson? any help would be appreciated, I've tried contacting Acer but they won't help unless the computer is under warranty and their third-party support doesn't do hardware issues?? I also downloaded a manual from online but it doesn't show the right info.

A:Motherboard Installation manual

Check this is the right motherboard.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2500#ov

The manual is available in the support and downloads section.

Case wiring is pretty standard in most cases (no pun intended). Any details you have about the case your switching to would be helpful.

Motherboards mostly have the names of sockets screen printed next to them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-installation-manual.205022/
Relevancy 16.77%

My year old ACER Aspire keyboard just stop working in a couple of capacities First the numbers on the key wouldn t type at all Checked Num Lock fine then stopped some thing... Laptop working wrong the type and keys tried to type numbers at top of keyboard well some typed the right number but most didn t or typed more than one number Ran Webroot Anti-spyware and Anti-Virus clean Then I shook my computer to see if any crumbs or foreign materials were throwing something off clean Took out battery nada Restored computer to the day before any problems Changed nothing Pressed every Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... key to see if something was stuck or key broken None The Delete Backspace Enter and Space Bar do NOT work at all So basically the entire keyboard is not working due Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... to something If I type any one key some of them type what I wanted but continue to type the letter or number until I log out of my Google Engine I have always had issues with the keyboard I will be typing along and the cursor will randomly go back to previous sentences and start typing what I am currently typing It is so annoying Why is it hopping all over the place A computer major friend who teaches computer classes said to write to Google and maybe I would find others with similar problems I found several quot sticky keys quot problems but none on point with none of the keys working or working properly He suggested perhaps a Trojan Horse virus but my sweeps come up clean Can anyone help me Thank you Shawnascy nbsp

A:Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing...

It could be a virus. But It also could just be your keyboard is bad. You may need to take it to your local repair shop if it. Is a laptop and have them check the keyboard out for you. I really do not think it is a virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-some-type-the-wrong-thing.204613/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, I just installed a gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h into my system (i5 3570), and even after reinstalling windows the computer is very glitchy, it takes ages to come on, freezes, and usb devices don't work half the time.

I'm thinking it's a dodgy motherboard. Any ideas?

A:System is very glitchy after installing new motherboard

Actually my first post was wrong, (this is someone else's computer) reinstalling windows fixed the glitches it just pauses on the windows logo for about five minutes before booting up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-is-very-glitchy-after-installing-new-motherboard.204643/
Relevancy 22.79%

I got this desktop computer that has a Asrock board in it Model # FM2A75M-DGS and it comes up with the boot screen and I try to get in to boot settings or anything and it wants a password. I have no clue what the password is and I need help to see if it can be reset. I have looked on the internet everywhere and have had no luck. If I pull the battery will that reset it......help me please. Thanx

A:Forgot Password On Asrock Motherboard

Removing the motherboard battery and waiting a couple minutes before replacing it should reset it to where you can gain access again. It should help you. If not then reset your jumper to clear the CMOS. You can get the jumper resetting instruction in the motherboard manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/forgot-password-on-asrock-motherboard.204604/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello!
About a year ago, the newest monitor for our home's main computer stopped functioning, so it had stopped being used. However, today I was in search of some files I needed that were on our old main computer, so I hooked up the old monitor that came with that computer and it didn't work as well. (The old monitor worked on a different computer). I tried hooking up a few other spare monitors to the old computer, but it they also did not work either. I came to the conclusion that the monitor input had crashed.

So, here's my question: Is it possible to use a KVM switch to display the old computers monitor display on my laptop to get access to my files, even without the old computer's monitor input functioning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-switch-no-working-monitor-input.204590/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey guys just another quick question about my motherboarding and CPU. Currently I am not satisfied with my CPU at all and I'm thinking of upgrading to this
http://www.novcomputer.bg/bg/i5-4670-34g-6mb-box-lga1150.html
and my current motherboard is this
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1091
on that ^ website it says that my current motherboard supports the CPU that I linked, however my PC technician says that I also have to upgrade to a newer motherboard that can support that CPU that I want. My question is is that really the case? Can my motherboard run that CPU or is it really too old?
Again thanks for reading/helping

A:Upgrading CPU, question about motherboard compatability

Vidosoli said:

Hey guys just another quick question about my motherboarding and CPU. Currently I am not satisfied with my CPU at all and I'm thinking of upgrading to this
http://www.novcomputer.bg/bg/i5-4670-34g-6mb-box-lga1150.html
and my current motherboard is this
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1091
on that ^ website it says that my current motherboard supports the CPU that I linked, however my PC technician says that I also have to upgrade to a newer motherboard that can support that CPU that I want. My question is is that really the case? Can my motherboard run that CPU or is it really too old?
Again thanks for reading/helping Click to expand...

No, that motherboard is LGA 1156 while the i5 4670 is LGA 1150. You would need a new motherboard to go with that CPU>

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-cpu-question-about-motherboard-compatability.204453/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a 9 yr old Desktop PC and my power supply is going out. The one I have is a modular style power supply. Is it required that I replace it with another modular power supply or does it matter?

A:Buying new Power Supply

No, it doesn't matter which one you use. Use whatever type you wish.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-power-supply.204274/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all,

I have heard of somethings like computer manufacturer and motherborad manufacurer. For example some time ago, when I had problem with my desktop PC, some asked me what's your computer manufacturer and motherborad manufacurer?
what's the difference between these two please?

A:Computer/motherboard manufacturer

Computer manufacturer Is most of the time is Dell, Hp,Compaq, Ausu are a few.
Motherboard manufacturer . Asus, Gigbyte, Asrock. Msi, Are a few. This is what they are referring to. When they ask you those Questions .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-motherboard-manufacturer.204218/
Relevancy 23.22%

In hardware monitor, reading 13.2v on the 12v line.

PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-151-107

MOBO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...30790&cm_re=970_gaming-_-13-130-790-_-Product

Should I be worried? BTW im already about to RMA the motherboard because of broken sound. (might these be related?)
bbasically should I be worred about the immediate health of other parts or something

A:12v on motherboard reading 13.2v

What does your boards BIOS voltage monitoring read ? When you say hardware monitor I assume you are talking about the utility?
If this is the case then HW Monitor can have reporting issues with certain chipsets and boards.
If you're reading the voltage from the BIOS's hardware monitor then it could be a faulty voltage sensor (likely), or a PSU running out of specification. Checking the PSU shouldn't present much difficulty if you have access to a multimeter or just have an electrician test the output.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/12v-on-motherboard-reading-13-2v.204199/
Relevancy 31.39%

I want to buy a new computer, something powerful, however I don't want to spend more than 1,000.

I would prefer.
i7 with atleast 3.5ghz
8GB ram
Nvidia graphics card 700 series

Any help is appreciated.

A:Need help buying a new PC

Let estimate for a minute:

i7 - 300
8GB RAM - 75
nVidia 760 - 250
That is over $600 for just those 3 components. And that is assuming you don't need more than a GTX 760. Do you already have other components, that can be eliminated from the build? The case, PSU, and motherboard will take another $200. Then we have the question whether there will be an SSD, HDD, or a combination of both in the build.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-a-new-pc.203761/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello to all I m going to install Win XP properly port The ps/2 of doesn't work the motherboard on my computer I had win but had some problem with installing the HP printer on it and so I decide to install XP because that printer seems to be installed properly The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly on XP Now When I put the XP CD on the CD driver it says press a ker to boot from CD and I press the Enter key now the keyboard works after that within installation time when that I should press Enter to install XP this time the keyboard doesn t work My guess is that the ps port of the case has problem it s old and somewhat has been broad Now what is the solution in your point of The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly view please My system manufacturer is quot ECS quot and the system model is quot pl-A quot PS there are two black amp white screens which mobo shows First screen shows the amount of RAM the model of CPU the IDEs and info like these which is common for first screen But the here when I want to enter to BIOS by pressing Del key it seems that keyboard doesn t work so it doesn t go to bios The second black amp white screen shows fewer info and it says quot Press shift-F to configure and when I press these two I can to enter to an environment that seems to not be the BIOS the keyboard here WORKS It has very few options And apparently doesn t have options of manipulating the keyboard settings nbsp

A:The ps/2 port of the motherboard doesn't work properly

No idea!!?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-ps-2-port-of-the-motherboard-doesnt-work-properly.204104/
Relevancy 22.36%

I ve got this legendary socket motherboard DFI LP UT SLI-DR Expert chipset nForce SLI almost new only LanParty - UT using BIOS DFI Del motherboard enter Cannot key Expert SLI-DR NF4 one SATA port is somewhat messed up missing those plastic parts from both sides bought this baby really cheap from well known Romanian e-bay like site okazii ro and I put it on my FX- dual core yeah THAT one and some KINGSTON value memory and tried to boot my rig Here is my problem now this board is Cannot enter BIOS using Del key - DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard working those red diagnostic LEDS start next only one left so no quot LEDs of death quot syndrome for me and the onboard speaker beeps ONCE which I know is always a good thing but I cannot enter BIOS to setup as I need Del key on my PS keyboard is NOT working as it should I press the key and the result is nada nothing first I see the boot logo from Cannot enter BIOS using Del key - DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard DFI after that Cannot enter BIOS using Del key - DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard I see this error message quot CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded press F to continue or Del to enter setup quot and when I press Del I get nothig and when I press F key sometimes I see this message quot Verifying Pool Data and Backup CMOS OK quot and other times I see quot Sil SATA RAID Press Ctrl-S or F to enter RAID utility quot One more thing to add is that I can actually use boot menu selection using Esc key to selct HDD CD-ROM or some other option and this board actually can boot using CD DVD I already tried UBCD rescue CD and some Linux live distros to see if it s not a problem with my FX- processor and I m happy that it is working well is all good no problem here actually I ve seen it s name and working frequency Mhz at POST please help me to solve this problem with my mobo nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-enter-bios-using-del-key-dfi-lanparty-ut-nf4-sli-dr-expert-motherboard.204105/
Relevancy 21.93%

Had an AMD HP G62-227CL laptop that overheated and required motherboard replacement with similar Intel motherboard. Old board clocked at 2.2 MHZ .. new one is 2.0 MHZ.
Board I got from Ebay works but now computer believes that it is a Compaq CQ42 Laptop. Do not know the model number, which I would need on HPs site to download BIOs upgrades.

Is there a way to tell which bios I need or what model I now have?

Thank you,

Steve

A:Replaced Failed Motherboard.. now how do I determine model number and which BIOS to download?

Finding a bios update rather then the one hp would give for this board. Would be next to none.
You could check a few of the support pages for this model. Which their are a lot Of
Maybe find out the motherboard you have bought.

HP Support, Drivers, Contact and Help Forums | HP ® Support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-failed-motherboard-now-how-do-i-determine-model-number-and-which-bios-to-download.203956/
Relevancy 30.53%

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA790XT-UD4P
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM (ddr3)
Video card nvidia 275 gtx
PSU 600 watt
1920x1080 res
pc I e slot x16 (not the super new one)

So yeah I am thinking about getting a better video card for 200$ or less or more, less would be much better. I can sell my old card on ebay for around 70$. How much better would a new card be etc, suggestions? AMAZING deals ?

A:Considering buying a new video card $200

Since your in America, I can suggest to you a good deal I keep seeing floating around.

MSI Gaming R9 280

That would be a 1080p beast for that money and it comes with 3 free games, its one of the higher overclocked models as well of the R9 280.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/considering-buying-a-new-video-card-200.203519/
Relevancy 17.2%

Replaced the mobo (Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3), CPU (AMD FX-4300 Vishera), and RAM (G-Skill RipJaws 4MBx2) in an older system running WinXP (planning to upgrade to Win7 ASAP). Everything booted up just fine, but the HP keyboard and the Logitech mouse, both of which which work fine on another computer, aren't being recognized at all by the computer. No error messages, just not working. Not even lighting up. We've tried every USB port on the system, and even used a USB-PS/2 adapter to try it that way, to no avail. I'm out of things to try. My only thoughts:

1. Could USB be disabled in BIOS by default? If so, how do I change that without a keyboard and mouse, when I can't even access the BIOS?

2, Could the USB system on the new motherboard be defective? How do I test that?

3. Is there any possibility at all that it's related to the Antec 500W PSU--perhaps not enough wattage for this system? (Hard drives are all pretty old.)

A:USB keyboard and mouse not working after upgrade

Create and boot from a Knoppix Live CD (just google to find and download the ISO). If USB still doesn't work when you boot from knoppix, you know it must be either hardware or BIOS issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-upgrade.203285/
Relevancy 23.22%

I was planning on using the lowest i5 processor but because of the refresh I lost the older ones.
The ones that are available are:
Intel Core i5 4460 (3.2GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4590 (3.3GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4570S (2.9GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4670 (3.4GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4690 (3.5GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4670K (3.4GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core

A:What CPU's are compatible with the MSI B85-G43 Gaming Motherboard

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/B85G43.html#/?div=CPUSupport

Code:
Core i7 [ 4771,4770T,4770S,4770K,4770,4765T ]
Core i5 [ 4670T,4670S,4670K,4670,4570T,4570S,4570,4440S,4440,4430S,4430 ]
Core i3 [ 4340,4330T,4330,4130T,4130 ]
Pentium [ G3430,G3420T,G3420,G3220T,G3220 ]
Xeon [ E3-1240V3,E3-1230V3,E3-1220LV3 ]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-cpus-are-compatible-with-the-msi-b85-g43-gaming-motherboard.202560/
Relevancy 22.36%

This is the link of my motherboar....... http://vr-zone.com/articles/xfx-unveiled-intel-g31-based-xg31i-board/6218.html?doc=6218

I want to know whether I can use a DDR3 Graphics card on my DDR2 motherboard and if its certain to work. Please provide detail and whether it'll be compatible.

A:Can a DDR3 graphics card run in a DDR2 Motherboard?

The DDR2 slots on the motherboard refer to the desktop RAM sticks. GDDR3 on a graphics card doesn't make any difference, it's the connector (PCI Express 2.0 probably) that slots into the mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-ddr3-graphics-card-run-in-a-ddr2-motherboard.202813/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello My sound chip on my board was blew for no reason bad thing only being a month old bored and I am not waiting days to rma it and for me to get it back anyway I managed to pick up a old sound card not sure on the model Motherboard? Work. Not Maybe Did Sound Card that worked fine for three days then stopped outputing audio so I bought a sound card intex cmi that did not have the bit wndows dirvers and everytime I turned the computer off the machine would not detect the card I then I have to press the reset button or turn the system a few times to get the card to be recognized again and I could not also find the drivers for the OS Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? I checked at the back of the cards box and it says bit pci bus master What does the mean could that be that the card was not compatible for the stystem or could it be the motherboard I tried a nvidia video card in the Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard? PCI-E slot and the card works fine with no faults The sound card was using the PCI slot and I tried every PCI slot My Motherboard asrock fm a x extreme Thanks nbsp

A:Sound Card Did Not Work. Maybe Motherboard?

I tested in a very old card from 2001 or 2004 something like that and it appears there's power going through the card so that's the plus.
Maybe it's because I'm using old crap and the sound card model is old?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-did-not-work-maybe-motherboard.202240/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone, I have a problem.
I pinmodded an LGA771 Xeon to work with my LGA775 motherboard. I decided to do it the hard way and use aluminum foil and tape to pin mod it. I think it worked out fine but anyway, on to the problem.

When I cut off the LGA775 alignment pieces, I accidentally bent 2 pins out of shape a little. Initially, I didn't notice, so I put in the Xeon to try it out, didn't work.
Then I tried my old processor, also didn't work (worked fine previously).

So then I noticed the pins and bent them back into shape, AFAIK it is perfect and you can't even tell that anything happened.
Tried both CPUs, nothing, no beeps, no signal to the monitor.

Is it possible to damage my motherboard if I didn't do the pinmod correctly?
Is it possible that I damaged my processor or motherboard by trying to run it with those 2 pins out of place?

Help please

A:Bent motherboard pins, fixed but now will not boot

I am not really sure, but my guess is you did not do the pinmod correctly since both CPUs do not work. I hope someone else can provide some insight on this issue. Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bent-motherboard-pins-fixed-but-now-will-not-boot.198999/
Relevancy 17.2%

Greetings reader

So im using a Radeon HD 6870 in my MSI 890gxm-g65.
Installed the hardware and when I run it on on-board graphics, windows is able to detect it as ATI Radeon HD 6800 Series. But after installing the driver for the 6870 it asks for a restart.
The BIOS screen is visible but after the windows loading screen the display just goes off, the LCD in on but it's just black screen.

I have a lot of work to do, so ill be really grateful if someone is willing to help me.

Thank You
in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-6870-not-working-after-installing-driver.202017/