Windows Support Forum

Latest windows updates stuck on downloading at 0%

Q: Latest windows updates stuck on downloading at 0%

This has never happened before but I can't download the latest batch of updates! I've tried downloading one at a time but it makes no difference, just stuck on downloading 0%. I've tried to go into services.msc to switch off windows updates but it says 'stopping' with the options to stop/re-start greyed out.

I've tried the windows trouble shooter which detects problems and then says resolving but again after 20 minutes or so it still says the same thing. Does it take a long time (perhaps I'm being impatient)?

I've run out of time tonight but will try the windows update system readiness tool tomorrow.

In the meantime, does anyone have ideas I could try? As I say, I've never had problems downloading updates before.

LevelBest

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Latest windows updates stuck on downloading at 0%

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Latest windows updates stuck on downloading at 0%

You mean, it's searching for updates, takes a while, finds the updates, but when you select to install, it takes forever to download?

If that's the case, how long did you wait for it to start downloading before cancelling?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397423-latest-windows-updates-stuck-downloading-0-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

This issue started this past Saturday Dec Per Windows Update Posting instructions Downloaded SURT When first tried to download SURT on Saturday it would not download But when tried again yesterday Sun Dec - it was successful However although it said the installation and 0% Windows at 7 Downloading stuck Updates-Checking of was successful and it showed up in Update History it did NOT show up in Installed Updates I tried it twice SFC Scan I read about doing this on other websites as well The first time I ran it it came back with the message that it fixed errors The nd time I ran it the results were no violations and when I ran Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% it a rd time which the attached CBS log is from it also had no errors Windows Update Error Codes The biggest problem is the check Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% updates Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% or the downloading updates just don't go anywhere I did get an error message when I tried to download SURT as mentioned above but I was able to get it downloaded yesterday The other error code I got was when I did a System Restore Point It came back with the xc code and said it didn't restore the system But it must have because the Update information was different and reflected the date of the restore points Plus any changes I had done were gone and reflected the date of the restore points And the other error code was from the Diagnostic Tool from the help feature in Windows I think it was the error that it said it couldn't fix It did list some other issues that it said it fixed but I did not write it down or get a screenshot I could run that tool again if needed to verify Log Collection I was not able to attach the CBS log - I tried times and each time received a server error And then realized it's because of file size Even my zip file is just too big Please advise on how to get the information Start New Thread Hopefully I did that correctly I spent quite a bit of time trying various other things - such as the restore points clean disk and I also did a Checkdisk from the cmd prompt I did foray into a slight addition to the registry from a suggestion from another website but ended up deleting it because I didn't think it fixed anything at all and I don't like messing with the registry I did a system restore point after that I also did the SoftwareDistribution folder thing that is mentioned on many websites but that didn't help either I did try the start and stop services from cmd prompt as well with no change either Currently my workaround is copying the updates from the Update Catalog and installing them one by one manually Obviously that is quite time consuming and as I did get months behind will take awhile to get through them all Plus I am concerned about the order I am doing the oldest first and also worried about making a mistake and or missing some So far I've managed to get installed and have verified they are showing up in Installed Updates I also ran the Fixit and the other diagnostic tool recommended on the MS websites The Fixit tool didn't seem to do anything at all and the other tool returned the error code mentioned above I also called my AV company AVG Internet Security and had them do a disable AV with me over the phone and attempted to download updates There wasn't any change I also disabled the AV again yesterday and there was no difference I have done full computer scans for viruses with no issues reported I greatly appreciate any and all assistance to get this resolved and thank you in advance for your time Regards Hank

A:Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0%

I went online to try again tonight and it appears that the Updates are working. I don't know how or why but I'm now thinking it was more of an overloaded server than anything else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/387673-windows-7-updates-checking-downloading-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Yesterday when I started downloading windows update, only one update could be downloaded i. KB3114431. After that may be there was some sort of problem on the network and I could not download the other updates as my network was down at that time. so I disconnected from network and cancelled the downloads and shut down the computer. It normally installed the downloaded update. after that from today morning I am unable to download any updates. The network is fine, as I can browse the internet normally. But windows update screen keeps stuck at 0%. Though now the shut down button shows the alert icon for update installation as you can see in screenshot. Is there any way to fix it? Thank you.

A:Windows update stuck at downloading updates screen

The problem has been resolved automatically. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599869/windows-update-stuck-at-downloading-updates-screen/
Relevancy 79.98%

During a busy period, aware that Windows 10 can install itself by a sneaky update and being too busy to check each update that comes my way, I had disabled Windows Update. Only now did I remember to check for updates. I know, dumb.
There are 80 important updates that need to be installed. They all seem okay.

However, they've been downloading for over 90 minutes now, and the progress bar is still stuck at 0%. "Downloading 80 Updates (0 KB Total, 0% Complete)".

I thought these updates might solve my "slow PC issue" (referred to in my other thread), but the inability to download updates, makes me think there might be something seriously wrong with my computer.

Can it still be just a visual issue if nothing has happened after waiting for 90 minutes?
Thanks in advance,
Katarn1
This has been posted twice (?) I don't know how that has happened. Sorry. If you can tell me how to delete it, I will.

A:Downloading Windows Updates, Stuck at 0%; or a False Alarm (?)

You can Shut Down your computer and install updates.
Or you can download the Windows 7 Update Convenience rollup. Microsoft Update Catalog
As for your Slow computer, you did not paste a link to your other post, and your post history does not show anything about a slow computer.
Click on the link in my signature for PC Running Slow? and try those things.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/downloading-windows-updates-stuck-at-0-or-a-false-alarm-1123762.html
Relevancy 79.98%

please help with specify;thanks;Everytime I start windows update it won't download the updates. The bar keeps on running but nothing downloads and the percentage stays at 0%.
Whats wrong? Anything I can do to fix this?

A:Windows update will not download updates - stuck at 0% downloading

Hi shawn What version of Windows are you using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618661/windows-update-will-not-download-updates-stuck-at-0-downloading/
Relevancy 77.4%

I think the "updates freezing" issue has come up in another thread and apologies if it has, but I can't find it momentarily.

The screen shots show what I've been looking at for two days now. Obviously something is amiss with Automatic Update but I dunno what, or what to do about it.

Any advice, help????

Mods, please feel free to move me to the other thread I suspect exists.

Cheers

ausgumbie

A:Windows Updates - Stuck on "Downloading updates 37%" for 2 days!

G'day mate!

Have a look here.

Windows Update stuck downloading updates in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/18005-windows-updates-stuck-downloading-updates-37-2-days.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey
So had to format my system yesterday,it usually takes around 2-3 hours for WU on"Checking for Updates" but this time it toke more than 12 hours to find them,when checked to start downloading them it wont download,it's been an hour now just " Downloading 246 updates(0 KB total,0% Complete)" is there any way to avoid this ? or is Microsoft that desperate ?

A:Downloading updates stuck at 0%

You are correct, MS is desperate, let it run overnight.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398771-downloading-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:
Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

A:Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Originally Posted by TomStrong

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:
Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

Please run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262
Please provide the exact details of any problem it reports as not fixed.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34487-downloading-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Everyone....

I have been struggling thru this Win 7 update hassle on my two Dell PCs both running Win 7 , 64 bit, SP1, Windows firewall, and Avast Free. In the past, updates just took a while, but eventually, they went thru OK.

Suddenly, after this week's updates, one of my PCs got stuck at 0% downloading 5 selected updates since Tuesday. The other PC updated properly with no problem.

I have left the system on for hours on end, but it is still 0%.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400758-win-7-updates-stuck-downloading-three-days.html
Relevancy 72.24%

My Windows 10 version 1511 is set to download and install updates automatically but this morning, the updates download got stuck at 0% for a long time. Even after a reboot, it would not budge.
Do you guys have the same problem here?

Maybe during the downloading of the updates, I had turned off my notebook, so would that have a negative effect on the way the updates are downloaded or in process of downloading?
So for example, next time if there is a Windows Update and the downloads are in progress, is it OK to turn off my machine while Windows 10 is downloading the patches or security updates?

The only way I could recover from this mess, is that I read these steps from the below link.
?www.thewindowsclub.com/w ??? -updates

But overall in general, the way Win10 handles these updates is a PURE MESS, and I hope in Redstone, this will be fixed.
I never had these issues in Win7...

A:Win10 Updates stuck downloading

I had a hard time updating my 10586 (1511) Version so I let it update and download over night. DON'T !! it also downloaded the "Feature update", meaning the anniversary update and tried to install that. I interrupted the update so Windows will be forced to go back to the 1511 Version.
Whenever a new cumulative update is available, I made it a habit to download it from the catalog:
Microsoft Update Catalog

that way I do not rely on the Windows update and can do that even disconnected from the web.. Has always worked for me...

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63733-win10-updates-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I need help fixing this issue:The problem is its connected to the HP servers but for some reason it stops at "downloading messages and updates definition". Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, then rebooting my laptop but it still doesnt work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-support-assistant-is-stuck-on-downloading-and-updates/td-p/5840180
Relevancy 65.36%

So I successfully installed a total of latest new updates appearing after Windows Old updates as Windows updates for my Windows x installation on Tuesday I think of them were quot important quot and were quot recommended quot for x systems Now I have received four additional update notifications through Windows Update one at a time I installed the first without giving it much thought after which I was asked to reboot Everything seemed fine after reboot until I tried my Firefox browser it looked all wrong and I could no longer Old Windows updates appearing as new after latest updates read any of the menu headings It was essentially non-functional Then I tried Internet Explorer It simply failed with an error window indicating that it could not start and it was checking for a solution to the problem So then I tried to uninstall the update and I receive a message that an error occurred and the un-installation was unsuccessful So then I restored Windows from an image file I had just made and Old Windows updates appearing as new after latest updates all was well again of course When this update came back through Windows Update I researched it a bit and was surprised to find that it was from Now it is Old Windows updates appearing as new after latest updates possible that I missed an important or recommended update but I know I've checked Windows Update numerous times between and now and this never showed up before I also doubt that I missed an important or recommended update since they are selected by default and I don't deviate from that But I didn't verify since I couldn't find an easy way to search the updates installed on my machine So I decided to hide that update Well long story short a different single update showed up and I tried installing it only to discover the same problem with my browsers I once again recovered and researched to find another old update this time from So I hid this one as well No less than more of these old updates have come up I believe that is the end of them since I've deliberately clicked quot check for updates quot a few more times and nothing other than the usual optional updates comes up I made a note of the four old updates KB KB KB KB So all of that said am I the only person experiencing this issue Is it possible that old quot failed quot updates have somehow been set to show-up again I really don't think I had failed updates from the past I know I may have had trouble with about updates over the years but if I recall correctly in the end I did get them to install I guess I should really search my entire list of installed updates for these Any other thoughts Thanks

A:Old Windows updates appearing as new after latest updates

Let's have a look at the background...

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
Also, please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/321736-old-windows-updates-appearing-new-after-latest-updates.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I'm not particularly techy so I hope I describe this right I have a Toshiba laptop running the bit edition of Windows Home Premium Service Pack is installed A couple of weeks ago I was routinely automatically downloading and installing from Windows Update Then at my last Windows Update after it had finished installing DNS simply would not resolve then downloading No Update latest and Windows DNS installing after it started to but very very slowly and then it stopped again No DNS after downloading and installing latest Windows Update I could use IP addresses just fine but DNS would simply not resolve or would do so very slowly Reading around I tried the following Removing the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter completely This seemed to work at first and then it just stopped again Changing the preferred DNS No DNS after downloading and installing latest Windows Update to and when that didn't No DNS after downloading and installing latest Windows Update work to that didn't work either I shut down all anti-virus firewall - still didn't work I ended up taking Windows back to a System Restore point pre- the latest Windows Update and everything was fine again Now I'm worried to run Windows Update at all If anyone has any ideas about what I should be doing I'd be very grateful Thanks in advance

A:No DNS after downloading and installing latest Windows Update

You can avoid having to do this if you can figure out which update is causing the problem and then you can right click and hide the update.

This particular update has been causing problems for awhile now but if you happen to reinstall that update then running this command might help.

Lets try flushing DNS cache and renewing your IP.

Flush the DNS cache and restore MS's Hosts file ...
Copy and paste these lines in Note pad.

@Echo on
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop. Right click on the flush.bat file to run it as Administrator.

Your computer will reboot it self.

You might need to reboot twice for this to work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221378-no-dns-after-downloading-installing-latest-windows-update.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I keep getting Error message: Install Failure after Windows updates are downloaded and Windows attempts to install those updates.

The download is successfull, however, after Windows 7 attempts to install those updates I get this message:

Configuring Windows Update. Do Not Turn off computer.

After Windows attempts the installations of those updates, I get the following message: Failure configuring Service Pack. Reverting Changes. Error_install_failure (0x80070643).

I contacted Microsoft on the problem via emails....they went through a number of trouble shooting techniques....but after all of their recommendations, all they could tell me was to reinstall Windows 7.

I really would not like to do that. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

I have HP Pavilian dv6-3010 us Entertainment Notebook
Windows7, 64bit syatem, 8 gigabytes of Ram, 320Gig Hard Drive
Thanks
Dieter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-after-downloading-current-updates-failes-to-complete-intall-of-updates.1015802/
Relevancy 64.07%

Greetings!

I have Acer Aspire 5750G. My current BIOS version is 1.07. The latest version is 1.12.

There are a few versions in between. Should I do incremental updates and reach 1.12 or should I just go direct to 1.12?

Many Thanks!

A:BIOS - Incremental updates to latest vrsn or direct update to latest?

Bios updates are cumulative, so you only need the latest.

You also don't need to update the bios unless there is a fix in it/them that fixes an issue you may be having. For the most part updating the bios is as easy as updating a driver, only if a bios update goes wrong you can't roll back to the old and you basically end up with a nice paperweight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/184089-bios-incremental-updates-latest-vrsn-direct-update-latest.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I've tried to update to the latest release and it appears to download the software. It then confirms that my machine will run the new version. When it tries to install it gets the 0x80070057 message and stops. I've tried several times.

A:getting error code 0x80070057 after downloading the latest Windows 10 pro upgarde

I have received the same error myself. Tries to install gets to about 3% then error.
Michael

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434164-getting-error-code-0x80070057-after-downloading-latest-windows-10-pro-upgarde.html
Relevancy 63.21%

for 72 hours now im geting constant updates on windows update ....
windows even re instaled SP1 ...

story goes my hdd broke down 3 days ago so i installed on a new hd win 7 home prem. x64 +sp1, since that time i had at least 5 hours of updates (inc. setup)

funny thing is a friend did format on his pc today and we spend 3 hours updating (dont think he finished, instead he went to sleep)

My q is (as stated above) is there a reason for the 34/72/4/3/2/1/silverlight new updates found????? did win7 went unstable????

its rly anoying (got some failed updates to)

until 3 days ago i had no probs.....

sor for my bad english thnx in advance !

A:Latest windows updates updates ... is there something going on?

I got two updates today on a system i just finished lastnight and i verified a few times that it was up to date. The ones i got today were both the same and had something to do with Xhtml files, i didnt read the full description, i just ran the updates and shut down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/260033-latest-windows-updates-updates-there-something-going.html
Relevancy 62.35%

As the title says, I have problems with Windows Update. I tried some fixes like: Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components, Reset_Windows_Update_History, MicrosoftFixit50362 (which is a Microsoft Installer Fixer that couldn't install PowerShell), MicrosoftFixit50202. But what I really need is installing .NET Framework 4. I tried forcing it to install, installing it step by step, but it couldn't go further than .NET Framework 3.5. I need that Framework, the other updates don't really matter. And the interesting thing is that my antivirus doesn't say that Windows is not up-to-date, which is not normal, in ESET Smart Security, if Windows is not up-to-date.
If specs matter:
6 GB RAM
AMD Athlon ll X4 750K
AMD Radeon R7 240 4GB GDDR3
Vista SP2

cbs.txt:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/jsoeje0nxt30g5u/cbs.txt

I don't know how to obtain CheckSUR.log.

A:Windows Update stuck at Checking for Updates and can't install Updates manually

Hi antoniu200:

Many other Vista users have reported that Windows Update seems to get stuck at "Checking for updates..." for long periods of time, and this problem dates back to the August 2015 Patch Tuesday updates - see my screenshots in ScousaJAY's thread windows update just seems to hang while checking in the VistaForums. This month's December 2015 Patch Tuesday updates required a full hour on my machine before it finished the  "Checking for updates..." phase and finally presented a list of available updates, so you might want to try running a manual Windows Update and leaving your computer alone for an hour or so to see if it eventually runs to completion.

You might also want to read Nikilet's recent thread Updates were not configured correctly in that same forum.  Some Vista users, including myself, received an error message this month stating "Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes. Please do not turn off your computer" when they tried to install the December 2015 Patch Tuesday updates.  Six updates for the Vista OS and one cumulative update for IE9 were marked as "Failed" on my machine after Windows forced an automatic rollback and re-boot of my machine.  I re-ran Windows Update today and all Important updates that failed yesterday eventually installed successfully ("Checking for updates..." still took about one hour and I declined one Recommended update KB3112148 for Vista and one Optional update KB3106614 for Silverlight today) so the secret might be to install updates in smaller batches instead of trying to install all dozen or so available updates in a single update session.
-------------32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox v42.0 * IE9 * NIS (2014) v21.7.0.11 * MBAM Premium v2.2.0
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo [email protected] GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598963/windows-update-stuck-at-checking-for-updates-and-cant-install-updates-manually/
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently installed the latest XP Updates and then found that the following two keep wanting to be installed again:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB98216)
And:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)

The yellow shield appears again and again after I've installed these updates! Every time it confirms they have been installed, yet it's been SIX times now and it even states on the Microsoft Updates page under 'Installed Updates' that they have been installed successfully! Yet it still says I have to install them!

Now, I have 'Hidden' these 'Updates' as I am sick and tired of seeing the shield!

Relevancy 61.49%

Someone can tell me when the latest of the windows 8 updates have appeared?

Im using Windows 8 customer preview

A:When latest of the windows 8 updates have appeared?

The last ones except for Windows Defender Updates were just after install. 29th feb.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/4626-when-latest-windows-8-updates-have-appeared.html
Relevancy 61.49%

All Store App Updates can now be found in this Thread This is to make it easier for members to find once an App has been updated or upgraded also for any member to add their own that they find in the store to add This will hopefully let members know when an Windows Latest 10 Updates Store in App App has been Updated or Added to the list All Links can be found here just click on the link and you will be taken to it New Version Of Windows Reading List Available - Windows Forums New Version of Windows Facebook App Ready in Store - Latest Store App Updates in Windows 10 Windows Forums Latest Skype for Windows Latest Store App Updates in Windows 10 - Latest Store App Updates in Windows 10 Windows Forums New Version Of Translator Available - Windows Forums The Weather Channel App update Available in Store - Windows Forums Sway Update Available in Store - Windows Forums Reader - Windows Forums New Update Ready For Revo Uninstaller Pro - Windows Forums XBox update in the Store Available - Windows Forums New Twitter App Update Ready in Windows Store - Windows Forums New Version of Microsoft Photo App - Windows Forums Latest Version Of Mail Calendar - Windows Forums Windows Camera App Update - Windows Forums Windows Reading List App - Windows Forums Solved New Macrium Reflect Update - Windows Forums New Version of Flipboard - Windows Forums Microsoft Solitaire Collection App Updated - Windows Forums Office OneNote update via Store - Windows Forums New version of Store available - Windows Forums Any more anyone finds please add them to the Thread Count Mike mentioned it so have awarded him

A:Latest Store App Updates in Windows 10

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have good use for that thread. Until now I used to just look around the store (Window(s) shopping ?) but it has so many APPs in there so have to check just for interesting sounding ones.
Apart from few games, just couple of days ago, I installed VLC player APP and it's pretty good although with less options than in desktop version. It's good enough for fast opening of MM files so I made it as default player.
AS Fluorescence Canvas is another one but didn't explore it fully yet.
Art Text lite looks promising too.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53787-latest-store-app-updates-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there ive been having problems with a clean install working properly and i think its because of a windows update as the main cause other semi-related posts below about the issue install one windows Latest should updates? if you feel like looking http forums techguy org showthread php t http forums techguy org showthread php t Basically what i looking to find out if how long can i wait to install Latest one should install windows updates? updates and install all my programs after a clean install without causing more problems in the long run Dont get me wrong im NOT worried about security by Latest one should install windows updates? running without the wonderful M updates My only concern is simply performance and not have my computer locking up after a user logs off you d have to read the other posts but thats what it comes down to I would think it wouldnt really matter since they are basically patches aside from the net framework that i will be installing from the get go b c i have software that uses it But other than that M update does it really matter It cant Im just looking to perform hopefully my th and final clean install on this system with all my progys and see how it runs for a week Then if all seems good ill update windows and capture the culprit thats been driving me nuts for a month and locking up my computer Thansk for looking and sorry for asking such a stupid question nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

The latest Windows Vista updates (Feb., 2015) fail to install. My OS is Vista Home Premium. I have run System File Checker (sfc /scannow), and the problem seems to be a corrupted file. The File Checker shows the following error message at 45% completion of the scan: "Windows Resource Protection could not perform requested operation." SFC also generates a log file but I don't know how to interpret it. The log file is too large to send as an attachment. Please advise.

A:Latest Windows Updates Do Not Install

What update is it? Would it happen to be the recent update for Power Point 2013 (KB272647)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/latest-windows-updates-do-not-install-961633.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello Not sure why no one has tried to help me I have a HTPC that I build myself it was running Windows and Upgraded to Window Everything was working good and fine until the last Automatic Windows updates that were installed The Windows does not full start 10 Latest Updates Windows Issue now gets the my home screen and gets hung up with the small round Blue cursor doing nothing When Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue starting up the Startup sound starts and stops in the middle Then nothing else loads like virus software and the like Basically Dead with home screen You can move circle cursor around and thats it Do not know what this Update did but something major has happen I have a Full System Restore available that has the Good working Windows but the last updates were all ready downloaded and were waiting for a computer restart So Once I install the image and when it restarts you can see it install the updates then it is back right where I was Can start in safe mode no problem So can make changes there if need Question is - can I stop the computer from updating on the image restart somehow - or delete or stop the updates in safe mode Any help will be appreciated that can fix this Thank you

A:Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue

This sounds as if your system backup was done in the middle of an update so you will always restore back to that point.

The fact that you can get into safe mode suggests that one of the drivers or processes that start during a normal boot are triggering the problem. Instead of safe mode I would try a clean boot and see if this will allow the system to start up. Then you can repeat the process and gradually introduce the services back a few at a time until you pinpoint what is causing the problem. Once you know, you can then deal with it by removing the offending program.

See this MS article for the clean boot process (W10 works the same as W8): https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929135

One other option might be to do a system restore (if you had turned this form of system protection on) and take your system back to a point before you tried the update. See this tutorial for an explanation.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/38040-windows-10-latest-updates-issue.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Does anyone have a decent torrent file/link, for Windows 7 pro 64 bit with the latest updates installed on it?
I haven't had much luck making one.

Thank you.

A:Windows 7 Pro 64bit iso with latest updates?

Welcome to the forum,

You can get the latest official installer here,

Windows 7 Direct Download Links, Official Disk Images from Digital River

There is also this thread that may interest you,

TEST -Update 7 installation media

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/331131-windows-7-pro-64bit-iso-latest-updates.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Dell Latitude D800, that is having some problems. It's had some hardware issues, which I got straightened out, but now it locks up after boot up and I have to pull the battery. After the second boot up it is very sluggish, where, most of the time, I can only move the mouse. After letting it sit for about twenty minutes, on second boot, it is alright. It seemed to start doing this after the most recent update. I have no restore points from before the updates.

Specs:
D800
RAM: 1.5GB
HDD: 20GB
CPU: Intel Pentium M 2.0GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5650
GPU RAM: 128MB

Any feedback would be appreciated.

A:Windows 7 locks up after latest updates.

I would suggest reading through this from Microsoft to check and see if your system will work with Windows 7 or 8.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-to-windows-8

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/293473-windows-7-locks-up-after-latest-updates.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I installed windows 7 yesterday but windows update is now stuck on checking for updates all the time. Doesn't download or install any updates

That said i looked up and tried a lot of solutions/fixes online but no luck, nothing worked.

Any help is much appreciated. I don't wanna upgrade to windows 10 by the way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399633-windows-updates-stuck-checking-updates-hours.html
Relevancy 61.06%

All After downloading the updates my computer started to blue screen This started with my monitor flickering then proceeded to squirrely lines everywhere and then the quot lovely after Latest Updates Blue Windows Screen quot blue screen came up and shut the system down A got an error message Blue Screen after Windows Latest Updates that said Graphics driver stopped working I have NVidia series After a couple of days of trying to resolve this without a properly functioning monitor and the system crashing during attempted Restores NOT EASY I finally realized that this started occurring after the updates Sooo I was finally able to restore the system to a date previous to the updates Guess what Monitor graphics are now fine - hmm However after this I created a manual Restore Point Primarily for testing purposes When I went to restore to this point system would not restore successfully I have two issues I'm thinking something is messed up because I cannot perform a proper Restore now My computer doesn't have the latest updates and I am afraid to download them Can anyone please offer any insight and or guidance I'm thinking there is a bug in one of the updates that needs to be brought to Microsoft's attention P S At least one other user is having an issue too Thanks for your help Meltie

A:Blue Screen after Windows Latest Updates

Originally Posted by meltie

All,
After downloading the 12/12 updates, my computer started to blue screen.
This started with my monitor flickering then proceeded to squirrely lines everywhere and then the "lovely" blue screen came up and shut the system down!!
A got an error message that said Graphics driver stopped working. I have NVidia 9000 series.

After a couple of days of trying to resolve this without a properly functioning monitor and the system crashing during attempted Restores (NOT EASY) . . . I finally realized that this started occurring after the updates. Sooo, I was finally able to restore the system to a date previous to the updates. Guess what? Monitor/graphics are now fine - hmm?

However, after this, I created a manual Restore Point. Primarily for testing purposes. When I went to restore to this point, system would not restore successfully.

I have two issues:
1. I'm thinking something is messed up because I cannot perform a proper Restore now.
2. My computer doesn't have the latest updates and I am afraid to download them.

Can anyone please offer any insight and/or guidance? I'm thinking there is a bug in one of the updates that needs to be brought to Microsoft's attention.

P.S. At least one other user is having an issue too.

Thanks for your help.

Meltie

Ok first of all you cannot restore to that point because there is nothing to change and is Unsuccessful. Next go through the updates and check for any that might be related to your Video Card and then right click that and Hide the Update

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/282053-blue-screen-after-windows-latest-updates.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have win 7 pro and I noticed that I no longer get windows update notifications in my system tray and when I check for updates I am shown 22 that can be selected. After selecting them I find no install bar or button or any way to start the install - just for installing Windows 10! Perhaps that is a good thing presently after reading that some members have encountered serious issues after the install.

However, something obviously has corrupted the windows update file(s). can someone suggest a fix. I have googled a fix but so far no results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385582-unable-install-latest-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Don't see my post of one hour ago? Will try again: I do not have the update icon in the system tray despite the fact that it is activated in the tray notification configure setting and when I check for updates I see 20+. If I check the important updates listed and click OK nothing happens - I do not get an install button - oh yes I do get an install button for Win 10 (not ready for it).

I have tried the Microsoft Fixit and the various troubleshooting suggestions to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385594-unable-install-latest-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi. I'm new to this forum, and need help! Yesterday the latest Vista updates were downloaded to my computer. I didn't restart my computer after the updates were downloaded. When I turned on my laptop this morning, the Startup Repair window comes up because windows failed to start. I've run the repair several times, and it's unable to repair.
It lists the following problem details:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepariV2
Problem Signature 01: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000.163686.6.0.6001.1800
Problem Signature 03: 5
Problem Signature 04: 262148
Problem Signature 05: BadDriver
Problem Signature 06: BadDriver
Problem Signature 07: 0
Problem Signature 08: 3
Problem Signature 09: WrpRepair
Problem Signature 10: 10
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Local ID: 1033

So, I see that part (if not all) of the problem is bad drivers. Why is this so and how can I fix it? I have a Gateway M-Series laptop (about 10 months old). Thanks!

A:After latest auto updates, windows won't start

first of all, can i ask did you get windows vista on a CD/Download or pre installed before purchase..

also, you mentioned that you did not restart you computer, did you click start menu and then shutdown, or was the system put into hibernation/sleep

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/184095-after-latest-auto-updates-windows-wont-start.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I installed the latest updates of Xp and suddenly after restarting the performance dropped only in loading Xp In details the speed of loading windows is ok until i choose my account to log on here it takes Xp latest worsened updates!? Windows after performance even more time than my old computer used to take It takes like minutes so i can start to use the taskbar plus not all system tray programs appear in the system tray although they are functioning as the sound icon and i checked in the start up msconfig section and i found them all ticked nothing wrong And they randomly not appear even if i reconfigure each program icon to appear and i find them already configured to appear but i just redo it This might seem a trivial problem but this is a frustration sharing more than a problem solving as i am sure that what caused this was a windows update dammit This is incredibly stupid stupid stupid lol Here is the history of my updates Saturday March Security Update for Windows XP KB A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows Xp performance worsened after latest updates!? Windows-based system and gain control over it You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Saturday March Security Update for Windows XP KB A security issue has been identified in Windows Internet Information Services IIS that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Saturday March Security Update for Windows XP KB A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system using Internet Information Services IIS and gain control over it You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer Saturday March Security Update for Windows XP KB A security issue has been identified in Internet Information Services IIS that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer The problem happened just after i restarted for these updates And i actually removed the IIS from windows components to try a quot Therapeutic Test quot but it didn t work still this performance drop at loading windows Oh my xp is sp pro edition nbsp

A:Windows Xp performance worsened after latest updates!?

No-one knows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-performance-worsened-after-latest-updates.697444/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Windows Enterprise x virtual machine that I use as a template in my vSphere environment that I keep up to date with all Windows updates This VM only contains Windows in its disk Last time I was able to fully patch this machine was back in May a few nights ago I tried to update Windows updates and Checking at for Windows 7 Updates stuck updates ... it's stuck at Checking for updates I let it sat there for hours I read several blogs on resetting Windows Updates services stopping BITS and Windows Services then deleting all files in Windows SoftwareDistribution and none of them seem to work I also ran a Windows 7 ... updates stuck at Checking for Updates Windows Update troubleshooting tool that is supposed to Fix problems with Windows Updates - didn't work either as it tries to get updates from the internet Next I decided to create a brand new Windows machine and tried to run Windows Updates nothing still Windows 7 ... updates stuck at Checking for Updates gets hung up at Checking for updates Anyone has any ideas on how to fix Windows Updates so Windows 7 ... updates stuck at Checking for Updates I can get updates It seems that something changed recently that broke it Windows patching seems to work just fine as I've had no issues with my Windows machines Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fbe997ca-3340-4587-ba5c-a3c573511cdc/windows-7-updates-stuck-at-checking-for-updates?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey guys...these latest Updates have caused my various folders...music, downloads, images, docs....all my self made folders to disappear from the desktop. In addition Windows reverted back to default settings, I lost all my Firefox favourites and FF wasn't recognised anymore as my default browser, Windowes themes all reverted to default....basically a big scramble and mess. I did system restore and am back to normal...but Windows still wants to update.

What should I do? These updates are messing my PC up...but the updates are listed as 'critical'....what should I do?

thanks

A:Latest Windows Updates Cause Folders to disappear from desktop

It sounds as if the system has created a new User Profile because of corruption.
Try using System Restore to get back to a time before the problem arose.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/273024-latest-windows-updates-cause-folders-disappear-desktop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi!
Today, when I switched ON my laptop, windows (windows 7 professional 64 bit) started updating.

More than two hours have passed, it is still showing 'Configuring Windows Update, 70% complete, Do not turn off your computer' .

Pls guide about the safe way to come out of this problem, without losing my data.

Best regards

A:Hanging problem in latest Windows 7 Professional updates

Depending on exactly which updates are involved, 2 hours is not excessive.
Was Service Pack 1 one of the updates?

give it another hour or so, and if it's not moved at all, you may have to power-off the machine, and hope that the install either completes next time around, or backs out gracefully.
If not, then you should be offered the option next time around to do a Startup repair - which should work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378428-hanging-problem-latest-windows-7-professional-updates.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Received security updates on my server yesterday from Microsoft After installing them and rebooting the system is stuck in a reboot loop While the timer is counting down to reboot a message on the screen says something to the effect that a recent hardware or software update latest System Windows Corrupted Security after Updates has failed and the system needs to reboot It keeps doing this over and over I interrupted it to try and start in Safe mode but the same thing happens I tried to boot to the last restart point System Corrupted after latest Windows Security Updates but it failed as well I have a recovery disk that was made when the system was updated to SP and I booted from that I chose the option to fix the system files but had to walk away for about ten minutes When I got back it was already installing XP and was at the point it was asking for the product key I figured at least if it went through the files and data would be intact so I entered the product key but it said it was invalid The computer is a Compaq Presario S V that came with an OEM version of Windows XP Home Edition The Key is on the case and I had some time ago run Keyfinder to verify that key was correct I m stuck at the point that every time I reboot it says it is restarting the install I tried booting from another XP disk and chose recover so I could get to a command prompt I was able to edit the boot ini by copying it to a USB drive and editing it on my laptop to get rid of the lines added by the recovery install That still didn t help as I am sure the registry value for HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM Setup SystemSetupInProgr is probably set to Worse case I could reformat the drive and use the System Restore to put the computer back to factory condition but I have thousands of files on this computer that need to be backed up first I can t access any directory other than the root and windows on C so I can t copy the directories or files to my USB drive I don t really want to go through the trouble of reinstalling all the software and service packs if I don t have to I don t have another XP desktop that I can put the drive into to edit the registry Is there a way to figure out what the key is on the recovery disk I can always change the key back to my OEM Key after recovery Is there a way to Slipstream a new recovery disk with computer in the state it is in I really need to do this A S A P as it is the file server for all the other computers in the house as well as my entertainment system I do have another XP disk with another Key but I want to make sure that if I install XP from it that it can write over top of the Service Pack updates and not have to reformat the drive Help

A:System Corrupted after latest Windows Security Updates

Perhaps the same problem ashttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294533/bsod-after-win-update-2-09-10-xp-pro/Post #7 appears to solve the problemAlan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294708/system-corrupted-after-latest-windows-security-updates/
Relevancy 60.2%

Unable to connect to previously connectable Wireless and Network Internet.
Got a message that I needed to change security and firewall settings, which I did, but still cannot connect.
What's the fix for this?  Since the updates are all automatic, how do I prevent this from happening all the time?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b89346dd-dd11-4ca7-b4fc-36d1632c1dbb/latest-updates-affected-network-connectivitywindows-81?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 60.2%

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, and so have also had to put up with all the latest updates. The problem is that after installing them, something happens to my screen resolution (all icons and text are enormous). I have already done two system restores to fix this, but after each one the updates are once again installed and so the situation reoccurs.
I should also add (since the two things are surely connected) that for a while now I've been getting messages regarding my video card drivers. I have checked with AMD, and my drivers are up to date. Yet yesterday and the day before I also got a Blue Screen of Death.
I've installed WhoCrashed, but this won't work since dumps are not enabled(or something similar!!).
I see that my laptop is ready to install the updates again...

A:Latest Windows updates causing problems with video...

Is your resolution changing perhaps after it is installing a graphics update, also could be your scaling?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/369993-latest-windows-updates-causing-problems-video.html
Relevancy 60.2%

PC automatically updated with major Windows 10 updates a few days ago (end August/1 September). Updates include Cortana & search on logon screen that I have no desire to use. Since then has been running like a dog. Websites are hanging - timing out as taking too long to respond. Pictures are not always displayed. This is a relatively new PC that has always run well and very fast with Windows 10. Tearing my hair out as to what can be done as really can't use the PC in this state. Any ideas?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438432-why-my-pc-running-so-slowly-after-latest-windows-10-updates-how-can-i-rectify.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Everyone

I'm having some HomeGroup issues as follows:-

- Windows 10 1607 X64 with latest cumulative updates
- Logged on as local Admin User to Desktop PC
- Homegroup that was previously working now no longer working (this Desktop was used to create the Homegroup)
- Instead, under Homegroup see "you have been invited to join homegroup" message
- Can't see Homegroup or Homegroup Password
- All of my other desktops & laptops are also Windows 10 1607 X64 with latest cumulative updates also have under Homegroup see "you have been invited to join homegroup"

I thought perhaps delete / re-create Homegroup would work - except I cant work out how to do this.

Any suggestions how I get my Homegroup working again????

Thanks

Mick

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63765-homegroup-issues-windows-10-1607-x64-latest-updates.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Dear All
Please help urgently.
Suddenly my Windows Explorer crashed and it recovered, and since then none of the apps are working in my system including store, settings, 3rd party apps etc. None of them.
On click any app black screen comes up for 1-2 seconds and it disappears.
Please help.
Thank you in advance.

A:Windows 8.1 Latest Updates , Apps stopped working

Right click on start, click on Command Prompt (Admin). This will open command prompt window.Copy the entire command powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode
-Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XMLPaste it on command prompt window and hit enter. This will execute the command.
Check if this fixed the issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ec08b275-58fd-4725-a98a-5f63f3ceef68/windows-81-latest-updates-apps-stopped-working?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 60.2%

I just installed some of the latest Windows updates for my Windows 7 SP1. However, the following balloon notification pops up in the tray upon reboot:

What will be the work-around? Thanks in advance for your reply.

A:Service startup error after latest Windows updates

Please open an elevated Command Prompt and run the following commands....

SC QUERYEX GPSVC
NET START GPSVC
SC QUERYEX MUP
NET START MUP

Post the results - It may help us see what's amiss

Here are some instructions to make life easier
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/274686-service-startup-error-after-latest-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I've been running Delorme Topo 5.0 under Windows Vista 32-bit without any problems. Topo 5.0 some time ago was also running under Windows Vista x64. After a re-installation of Windows Vista x64 I put off installing Topo 5.0. Recently after a successful installation of Delorme Topo 5.0, when Topo 5.0 is exectured there is a Topo 5.0 window without any menus and maps.

Windows Vista x64 is updated with all the latest Microsoft updates.

I haven't been able to find any help on this problem from the Delorme Community.

It appears there's some sort of incompatibility with one or more of the more recent Windows Updates, but can't off-hand think of which one(s) would effect Topo 5.0 menuing. I believe the problem may also exist with later versions of Delorme Topo as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/304761-windows-x64-latest-windows-updates-installed-delorme-topo-menus.html
Relevancy 60.2%

i cant get anny further than 0 kb 0% when downloading the latest updates i did a clean instal but no sucess
still 90 essential updates to go ran it over a night and not even 1kb furter

A:Windows Update Stuck at downloading

Try disconnecting your PC from the internet>close Windows Update>reopen windows update and see if an install (not download) button is showing and click it. Then reboot and start downloading the next batch. Sometimes Windows needs to install what it has before it can download and install the rest. You might have to do this a couple of times. Windows also (like recently) has to update Windows Update before it can further download.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65449-windows-update-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 60.2%

after an update version aka new windows 10 version, i check my window update , and its stuck.
on downloading 0 %. already check windows update servicing, sfc, trouble shooting, dism, nothing works for me..
a help pls?

A:Windows Update stuck at downloading

Hi,

what type of connection do you use to access the Internet - mobile broadband (cellular), WiFi or Ethernet?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58709-windows-update-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Trying to upgrade from windows to The reserve icon was not on the taskbar went to windows update 0% Windows at stuck downloading Update found out I had important updates which will not download when I try Also update and support programs from samsung will not open Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Johnson administrator on JOHNSON-PC - - Running from C Users Johnson Downloads Loaded Profiles Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading Johnson amp Available Profiles Johnson amp Mcx -JOHNSON-PC Platform Windows Home Premium X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpNotifier exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe McAfee Inc C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe PC Tools C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files x Common Files Motive pcContextHookShim exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Samsung Electronics Co Ltd C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxext exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files x Common Files Motive pcCMService exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files Common Files Motive pcCMService exe PC Tools C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Samsung Electronics Co Ltd C Program Files x Samsung EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe SEC C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Recovery Solution WCScheduler exe SAMSUNG Electronics C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Support Center SSCKbdHk exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MpCmdRun exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in ... Read more

A:Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===If present remove this program in bold using the Add/Remove Program applet.Iminent (x32 Version: 6.46.1.0 - Iminent) Hidden <==== ATTENTIONPress the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [mobilegeni daemon] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Mobogenie\DaemonProcess.exe
Winlogon\Notify\GoToAssist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\GoToAssist\570\G2AWinLogon_x64.dll [X]
HKLM\...D6A79037F57F\InprocServer32: [Default-fastprox] fastprox.dllATTENTION! ====> ZeroAccess?
HKU\S-1-5-18-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\...\RunOnce: [SpUninstallDeleteDir] => rmdir /s /q "C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect"
HKU\S-1-5-18\...\RunOnce: [SpUninstallDeleteDir] => rmdir /s /q "C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect"
ShortcutTarget: tcbhn.lnk -> C:\Users\Johnson\AppData\Roaming\BrowserCompanion\tcbhn.exe (No File)
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.certified-toolbar.com?si=41179&bs=true&tid=397&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {afdbddaa-5d3f-42ee-b79c-185a7020515b} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001 -> {1D32D3B1-F17B-4A58-A16E-08256D17CF6F} URL = hxxp://websearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&tb=ORJ&o=100000027&src=crm&q={searchTerms}&locale=en_UK&apn_ptnrs=U3&apn_dtid=OSJ000YYGB&apn_uid=6027BB5D-A4A3-4B1B-AA7F-401E09A54F2B&apn_sauid=84B0E9BF-ACF8-4DC7-B6CA-D9260CF19CDB&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0 -> {1D32D3B1-F17B-4A58-A16E-08256D17CF6F} URL = hxxp://websearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&tb=ORJ&o=100000027&src=crm&q={searchTerms}&locale=en_UK&apn_ptnrs=U3&apn_dtid=OSJ000YYGB&apn_uid=6027BB5D-A4A3-4B1B-AA7F-401E09A54F2B&apn_sauid=84B0E9BF-ACF8-4DC7-B6CA-D9260CF19CDB&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{E... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590109/windows-update-stuck-at-0-downloading/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Guys nbsp Windows nbsp security updates does not download if showing N number of updates it won't download and the downloading shows life forever lt o p gt lt o p gt This problem has found in nbsp Windows Ent nbsp and nbsp Windows Ent SP nbsp in clean formatted PC with windows Activated and Domain not joined Tried on several PCs and either it won't ever start or it will be showing or updates but it it with Windows of if & won't number showing download, 7 not never download 0% does downloading available, progress ends N updates updates won t ever download Domain joined PCs have different story because GP options are enforced There is no WSUS or patch management software yet on network nbsp lt o p gt lt o p gt I am purely looking for an answer for this problem of Windows Update either not initiating at all if ever it is showing number of updates to be installed it never them downloaded and downloading screen with activity is running forever Please share any experiences and solutions If there is a KB about it please refer nbsp lt o p gt lt o p gt Any or all help is appreciated Regards lt o p gt lt o p gt Mughal Windows 7 updates does not download, if showing N number of updates available, it won't download & downloading never ends with 0% progress lt o p gt lt o p Windows 7 updates does not download, if showing N number of updates available, it won't download & downloading never ends with 0% progress gt MCTS MCITP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cf2dd72-0acc-4d7e-acab-320e5a303db4/windows-7-updates-does-not-download-if-showing-n-number-of-updates-available-it-wont-download?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 59.77%

I installed all but one update which failed (update # 2952664) and now my computer takes much longer to shut down, any ideas.

Thanks

OK, update , i removed and reinstalled that update and it actually installed without issue but still no difference , somethings  very odd.

A:Latest windows updates (one failure) causing very slow shutdown.

Try startup repair in Advanced Boot Menu by pressing F8 on early splash screen. Then use or proceed with system file checker.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552262/latest-windows-updates-one-failure-causing-very-slow-shutdown/
Relevancy 59.77%

A couple of questions:

I am beginning to conclude that I have a root kit somewhere which is disabling windows update, which is not being detected by Avast,

I tried the malwarebytes, even though it said not for Vista x64, and while scanning, the system froze at mmcndmgr.dll, which could be an issue.

What are the minimum required checked boxes which should be allowed through the windows firewall?

what does anyone know about mmcndmgr.dll? that i haven't found by googling it?

I have Vista original, and service pack 2, can i do a clean install of vista x64 business, original, and use sp2 to get back to my current state?

If so, where are the hotfix files stored, such that I can save my current downloaded updates, so that I don't have to go on line to redownload them to get to a clean install current state?

thanks

sportsguy

A:Flavius's fix got me to install latest windows updates, but then the issue reappeared

I have suggested that posters use Malwarebytes. It can be used on Vista 64 bit.

Malwarebytes.org

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/266690-flaviuss-fix-got-me-install-latest-windows-updates-but-then-issue-reappeared.html
Relevancy 59.77%

The Microsoft update around the 10th June 2015 stops my Internet Explorer working. So I do a restore and it works and it does it again next time I turn my computer on. Then I disabled automatic updates and it STILL stops Internet Explorer working. So EVERY time I start my computer I have to restore it back to before the original update. I think Apple is looking pretty good

A:Latest Microsoft updates on windows 7 stops Internet Explorer

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and postthe requested data

If thefile is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files untilthe final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately afterzipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for anumber of reasons)

Pleasealso post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372689-latest-microsoft-updates-windows-7-stops-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I've recently noticed a Windows update that changes the way you close apps, amongst a number of other things.

What it was:

What it is now:

And you know what? This update was unticked in the 'Update and Recovery' section. Every other update had a checkbox ticked, this one didn't.

Other changes bought along by installing this update:

- New applications in the 'Apps' section of the Start menu are now highlighted with a greybox.

- Shut down options now in the start menu (and search, I'm not sure)

One extra thing that seems to be around depending on... something.

This one's related with Chrome. Usually when you start typing in the url box, your search terms are cut off with a rounded border going around. This box has disappeared with the latest update, but I have seen this happening in earlier versions of Windows.

With:

Without:

Opinions on these changes? Thoughts?

A:Latest Windows updates removes hand to close apps?

No worries:

Apps - Close in Windows 8

"NEW" Apps Message on Start - Remove in Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/44943-latest-windows-updates-removes-hand-close-apps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I had problems installing the latest Windows updates The Update Scan froze intermittently So I only partially updated I for after latest issues Windows 8 Updates Windows System decided to do a system restore And System issues after latest Windows Updates for Windows 8 then started with the updates again One at a time Restarting after each one etc Eventually I thought they were all installed successfully However this morning every time the laptop is idle Windows Module Installer kicks in and really works the system and doesn't stop until i start using the laptop again It's using cpu and working my fan hard This issue happened once before after a Windows Update couple of months ago i believe there was one particular update causing the problem and I managed to remove it and didn't install it again I've had a look at all the updates to make sure they were installed successfully One stands out As the Update Scan Froze part way through aI had to do a system restore and start again Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB FAILED Error details Code F F Update type Important I decided to uninstall the 'successfully' installed KB as I wondered if it was the glitch causing my issues These things may not be related to the issues I'm having But I thought I'd mention them anyway And advice would be welcome Thanks

A:System issues after latest Windows Updates for Windows 8

Try downloading and installing that KB2871389 manually:

Update is available that prepares Windows 8 and Windows RT-based computers for the update to Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 RT

Since the description indicates it is intended to prep your computer for 8.1, I can see where it could run for some time after the initial install. FYI, I have also noticed this behavior anytime Windows Update installs a .net framework update. Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/31168-system-issues-after-latest-windows-updates-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have spent many days trying to get a handle about what is the behavior of Windows Update process when it hangs Downloading at I have looked through many of the threads on this problem to see if there is a pattern to the failures or a solution that works for many people Even though it is stated not to try what others have done in other posts I have done some of these I have also gone above this and tried analyze what the system is doing when in this state I have some results but no answers The issues I'm having may be unique to my setup but I hope my results are helpful to the larger Windows community Based on the results of my testing I am approaching the opinion that this problem of Windows Update hanging is percipitated by one or more of the following M doesn't care that update is fatally broken and won't fix it The engineers currently working on this at M are totally incompetent in about Downloading Another Windows at 0% stuck Update thread their ability to fix it M is deliberately sabataging Windows and Window in order to force everybody to update to Windows Background The system I'm running my Another thread about Windows Update stuck at Downloading 0% lastest tests on is a HP Elitebook P It is built with a Core Duo T with GB RAM Installed is Win Pro x Another system that is exhibiting the problem is a Dell Optiplex running a Core Duo E with GB RAM on Windows Pro x A third system I'm using is built on an Asus motherboard running a Core i CPU with GB Ram running Win Pro x I know these are ancient systems I'm working on upgrading the i system now For some reason the windows update is not hanging on the i system I don't know why at this point What I have done to solve this I ran the SURT and SFC Scan multiple times The SURT did find errors and fixed most of them if the specific errors are needed I'll have to rerun the tests After the SURT is run it takes about hours to complete the check for new updates After running the SURT what tends to happen is the first time I try to install updates a few the updates install in less than minutes When I restart and try to install more updates the Update window hangs at for about hours and then they install successfully I have manually reset the update client by using the process where you delete the files in the SoftwareDistribution folder Again when I run Windows Update it will take hours 'Checking for updates' Then the first time I run Windows update I can install a few updates in less than minutes The second time Windows Update will be stuck downloading at and will take about hours to complete the updates For the nuclear option I completely reinstalled my HP system from a base Windows CD which didn't have SP After the initial install the only software I installed was Firefox and Wireshark a The initial install went normally I was able to install all updates that were pending prior to SP without any lengthy delay b I installed the service Pack update This update installed with no apparent issues c After the install of SP I was prompted to install the latest Windows Update Clent This is where all went to h--- d After installing the new client the first time I installed some NET updates I was able to install them without delay The second time it took hours to check for updates Then another hours to install the x NET updates e I then attempted some Security updates and again it took over hours to install the updates During the next run of Security Updates I fired up Process Monitor Here is some of what I found there may be other relevant data I haven't found yet After filtering out all non-related processes I find something extremely interesting After an initial flurry of activity the svchost exe process and process tree gets into a loop where it is playing with itself and where the most of the activity visible is repeatedly reading one or two areas of the Registry The following events occur for the most of the hours Code quot Time of Day quot quot Process Name quot quot PID quot quot ... Read more

A:Another thread about Windows Update stuck at Downloading 0%

Hi John,
The simple answer is MS doesn't want users on W7 any more.
We just have to put up with this situation.
However they say, IF you you want to believe them, that they are in the process of addressing the slow D/L and install of updates for us.

we just have to live with it

note the comp you have with 2Gb ram will allways suffer, thats the min for W7.

Must admit having looked at an awfull lot of windows update logs cant remember seeing those entries

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394502-another-thread-about-windows-update-stuck-downloading-0-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys,

So basically, I ran windows update on my PC (I recently made a fresh install), it started downloading very slowly ; until it reached 25% where it's been at for 30 minutes. I tried stopping the download and selecting another update, to see if it was just one update that wouldn't download, but I had the same result :

Windows update was just stuck downloading.

EDIT: screen of the updates in question :
I tried to stop the firewall in ESET Smart Security; nothing. I tried the Fixit tools (.exe and .cab versions), nothing. (except that the .cab version is just stuck too).

Has that happened to any of you guys before?

I had problems yesterday with windows update (BSOD while installing updates), and it just wrecked my computer, and I had to restore to factory settings. But that can't be related?

A:Windows Update service stuck in downloading

Update : I tried to reboot, and got stuck on "windows is preparing your computer blablabla". So I hard rebooted, logged in, and now the windows update service doesn't show up any longer, I can't run anything because the UAC prompt is gone (I can't do anything that requires admin privileges)...
Fml

I am currently restoring my computer using the windows restore option... And it's stuck on "restoring your files".

So if it doesn't work out, I'll have to factory reset my computer for the third time in two days.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338125-windows-update-service-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Over the past few days I have noticed on multiple machines... basically every single one that I have put Windows 10 on that the latest round of updates has reduced cold boot times to desktop down to about max 5 -7 seconds after POST.

This is on laptops, desktops, an AIO, and my personal machines.

All have SSDs, but the boot time to desktop used to be a lot longer.. like 15-20 seconds.

Anybody else noticing this?

And no, I am not using hibernate or sleep.

https://hardforum.com/threads/windows-10-latest-round-of-updates-significantly-reduced-boot-times.1917594/
Relevancy 58.48%

Help I booted my system Windows XP Professional yesterday and noticed that everything was operating very very slowly I launched Task Manager and saw that my CPU utilization was pegged at The culprit as SVCHOST exe that was sucking up my CPU time I also noticed in my System Tray that the Microsoft ICON was there and when I moused over it there was a message indicating that downloads were in process at complete I let the machine run for several hours hrs and the percentage of completion was only up to I shut the system down and rebooted today and noticed that the download process picked up where it left off when I shut Windows Downloading Updates the system down and let the machine run for another hours and it had only advance to complete My temperature monitor indicator alarm was sounding off since my CPU activity was continually Downloading Windows Updates pegged at and the CPU was overheating QUESTION How can I abort this download HELP HELP JB

A:Downloading Windows Updates

Sounds like you are on dialup. go to administative tools/services in control panel and stop automatic updates/right click/properties and disable. go to update an do a couple at a time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-windows-updates-232821.html
Relevancy 58.48%

When I select updates to download it starts preparing for download, but does not download. Said something about internet connectivity. I have no problems with the internet, updates for programs regularly download, etc..

On the failed downloads the error messages are: Codes: 643, 57, C355, 9. Updates either do not start to download at all or after about 20 minutes of preparing to download they will download and then fail.

A:Windows 7 updates not downloading

Error message specifics, please?

There is no known cure for every variation of an error message...that we can point you to.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402948/windows-7-updates-not-downloading/
Relevancy 58.48%

So, how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
rhino1366

A:Downloading Windows XP updates on the CD/DVD

A quick link to the service pack 3 ISO.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enAnd a link to the dl page for the network installation file.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displayLang=enThe following 60+ updates may have a method to download and update but I don't have it handy. There is probably a method designed for the admins of large networks. Are you doing this for one computer? or several...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274308/downloading-windows-xp-updates-on-the-cddvd/
Relevancy 58.48%

Microsoft Net Framework security update keeps downloading, and installing over, and over. Spybot Search And Destroy gave multiple error messages during the scan, and found nothing. Super Anti Spyware found several adware tracking cookies, and Tdsskiller found, and deleted a locked file.

A:Windows keeps downloading the same updates

See here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic454496.html here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic454521.html and here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic454479.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454553/windows-keeps-downloading-the-same-updates/
Relevancy 58.48%

My not downloading Updates Windows Dell desktop was Vista Home Premium SP bit On I did a clean install of bit Windows Home Premium Service Pack with an OEM disk that I purhcased I did not transfer any programs from the old system have done all completely new installs on everything I ran Windows Update and it just ran and ran forever It never said quot Windows is up to date quot I checked the View Updates and there were that apparently installed on the date I did the installation see screenshot I did the activation this morning and it was successful I tried running Windows Update and again it keeps running without end I finally shut it down Secunia psi reports that my Windows is up to date however I ran Belarc Advisor and it shows missing updates most of them either Important or Critical sfc scannow reports Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity errors I Windows Updates not downloading am attaching the CBS log asked for in the instructions I read I have downloaded the SURT tool but haven't run it yet Perhaps there is some little thing that I am not doing right so I will wait until I hear back from the forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394534-windows-updates-not-downloading.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently purchased a new BlackBerry phone that requires running BlackBerry OS6 and SP3 on my Windows XP Home Edition.

After having multiple crashes and continual reboots with SP3, I found the fix in your forums and FINALLY have SP3 installed on my HP computer running the AMD processor (thank you for that!)

However, I still cannot open BlackBerry OS6 after it has been installed. As soon as I open it, I get the "BlackBerry Desktop Software has encountered a problem..." window.

Upon reading some BlackBerry forums, I found that I might need to run Windows Updates before OS6 will work. However, I don't have internet to that PC and tether my BlackBerry to get internet service at all.

Is there a way to download all the Windows Updates I need to an external drive and then load them on the HP PC that does not have internet? How would I do this?

A:Downloading Windows Updates

Per Release NotesMicrosoft? Windows? XP SP3 or later, Windows Vista?, Windows? 7If you're using a 64-bit Windows XP computer, you must install the following hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968730.Microsoft? .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or an active Internet connectioniTunes 7.7.1 or later or Windows Media? Player 10 or later for music synchronizationhttp://blogs.blackberry.com/2010/08/install-blackberry-desktop-software-6/If you have SP3 installed, it doesn't appear that you need any updates since the release of SP3.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422844/downloading-windows-updates/
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm trying to download the new security updates the new activation thing for my copy of Windows 7 Pro but it's not going. Before I click install it says it's download at 68% but won't download anymore. When I manually select to download them all it just goes to 0% and doesn't go anywhere. This is getting annoying because when I need to shut my computer down it tries to download and install them but never works. Any help? Thanks.

A:Windows 7 Updates Not Downloading

If you don't have a nasty malware, then try this:
Download one and only one of the updates. Do not rush things. After install is finished AND the hard disk has settled down, then RESTART your computer whether MS said you needed to restart or not.

Keep doing this. One update at a time. Slow and tedious. I suspect you either have a virus or other software which you have installed which is dragging your system down.

karl

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/66318-windows-7-updates-not-downloading.html
Relevancy 58.48%

UNABBLE TO DOWNLOAD WINDOWS UPDATES

A:Not downloading WINDOWS UPDATES

What version of Windows are you using? What actually happens when you try to update?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613859/not-downloading-windows-updates/
Relevancy 58.05%

I've been having some trouble downloading windows updates lately with Windows 7.  They hang at 0% downloaded and never move forward.   I used the Windows update troubleshooter to try to fix them, and it found various errors and it said they were fixed.  Though I'm still having the same exact problems.  

A:Issue with windows updates not downloading

If you do not have IE11 then install it. Install .NET 4.6.1

Download and install all updates and latest Update Client on this page.

http://wu.krelay.de/en/

You may find that the updates do not install. This is because the Windows Update Service has already started. You can either disable the service before installing the updates or reboot and immediately install the updates as the Update Service has a delayed start.

After you have done all updates and Update Client reboot and check for updates it could take a couple of hours or minutes.

If you still have trouble download the June rollup update and the prerequisite KB3020369 if that has not been installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622441/issue-with-windows-updates-not-downloading/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am arriving here at the Vista forum after going through a cleaning in the Malware Forums.  That link is http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498238/sirefefzeroacess-or-just-avg-uninstalling-incorrectly/

Whenever I try to download Windows Updates, I get the 80096001 error.  I get this error when attempting to download updates to Microsoft Security Essentials as well.  I tried resetting Windows Updates according to Microsoft KB 971058.  That has not helped. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:Get 80096001 when downloading Windows Updates

You might try narenxp's suggestion at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454325/80096001-cannot-get-windows-to-even-search-for-windows-updates/?p=2846422 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499709/get-80096001-when-downloading-windows-updates/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey Guys I've recently installed Windows Ultimate on my desktop computer system and then I problems in Windows 7 downloading updates installed the SP service pack on the computer The desktop computer features these specifications - ASUS M A-VM motherboard - AMD Athlon X Dual Core CPU codename quot Windsor quot at GHz - GB DDR PC - memory - Integrated ATI Radeon X graphics I also have a separate Wireless-N networking card on that desktop computer It's a Linksys WMP dual-band Wireless-N PCI networking card Whenever I tried to run Windows Update on the system sometimes it takes a while for the computer to send receive information from Microsoft's servers concerning the updates for the particular operating system My internet connection is running okay for the most part doing activities other than Windows Update but sometimes - I often get an error saying that quot Windows Update Encountered an Unknown Error quot or something like that My theory could lay on a probable cause - the recent activity down at Microsoft's Servers that is problems downloading updates in Windows 7 at the time of this posting hogging up the resources for assisting users on upgrading their Windows system into the latest version of Windows - known as Windows I've also tried to do the same situation checking for updates that is on problems downloading updates in Windows 7 another computer which is the Lenovo Thinkpad T laptop computer - but at the time of this posting of the thread the problem is very similar to mine Anyways what particular suggestion that you can give to me at this point Should I reconfigure my networking settings for my computer or should I wait until the quot traffic quot dies down at Microsoft's problems downloading updates in Windows 7 servers The latter seems to be a silly question but I wanted suggestions

A:problems downloading updates in Windows 7

Sometimes, on some computers, when there are a lot of updates, they fail. Often though, if you deselect all, then select and install a few at a time, it will work fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-downloading-updates-in-windows-7-a-1026314.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi downloading Windows fail updates after right I'm just wondering if any of you guys have come across this issue before and might know what to do about it I'm running pro sp on an old Windows updates fail right after downloading Dell Dimension I am unable to install new updates from the Microsoft site The installer downloads them and immediately quits and takes me to the results page which shows that the updates failed I read another Windows updates fail right after downloading post on the xp forum that talked about running HijackThis and posting the results for you guys to look at So I've done all that and here are the results of the Analyzer Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected C Program Files NavNT defwatch exe C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SymTray exe C Program Files NavNT vptray exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files NavNT vptray exe O - HKLM Run SymTray - Norton SystemWorks C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Symtray exe SetReg O - HKLM RunOnce SymTray - Norton SystemWorks C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Symtrdr exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Winlogon Notify NavLogon - C WINNT System NavLogon dll O - Service DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files NavNT defwatch exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Client Norton AntiVirus Server - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe O - Service Norton Unerase Protection NProtectService - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE O - Service Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Program Files Network ICE BlackICE blackd exe c jetsuite jsdaemon exe C Program Files TimeStep PERMIT Client PermitNT exe C Program Files TimeStep PERMIT Client Permit exe C jetsuite DLLCMD EXE C Program Files Common Files efax HotTray exe C jetsuite JETSTAT EXE C Program Files Common Files efax Dllcmd exe c jetsuite JSFMAN EXE C Documents and Settings gary My Documents Warez HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Kapitan Unitiza O - HKLM Run PERMITStart C Program Files TimeStep PERMIT Client Permit exe O - Global Startup DllCmd lnk C jetsuite DLLCMD EXE O - Global Startup eFax com Tray Menu lnk C Program Files Common Files efax HotTray exe O - Global Startup HP LaserJet Status lnk C jetsuite JETSTAT EXE O - Global Startup Live Menu lnk C Program Files Common Files efax Dllcmd exe O - DPF EDAD C- - E -A AB-EB E D - http toolbar google com data GoogleActivate cab O - DPF F A AE -A D- D - - C F EF D Hotmail Attachments Control - http lw fd law hotmail msn com activex HMAtchmt ocx O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip FE BCA D-B - - -A E F BDF NameServer O - Service BlackICE - Network ICE Corporation - C Program Files Network ICE BlackICE blackd exe O - Service jsdaemon - JetFax Inc - c jetsuite jsdaemon exe O - Service TimeStep PERMIT Client PermitNTService - Alcatel Canada Inc - C Program Files TimeStep PERMIT Client PermitNT exe End of KRC HijackThis Analyzer Log

A:Windows updates fail right after downloading

This does sound like a virus. please repost your question and log in the security center, hijack log section. They will help you with this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-updates-fail-right-after-downloading-59898.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I ve read in other threads that people are having the same problem as me and I tried to Downloading Failing Updates Windows do what was recommended to my computer but it hasn t worked I have Windows Vista and have seen my computer is running a little Downloading Windows Updates Failing slower than usual and I think it s Malware but I was also trying to install Windows updates but it had been failing I tried running these lines regsvr exe c windows system wuweb dll regsvr exe c windows system wups dll regsvr exe c windows system wups dll regsvr Downloading Windows Updates Failing exe c windows system wucltui dll regsvr exe c windows system wuaueng dll regsvr exe c windows system wuaueng dll regsvr exe c windows system wuapi dll when I ran the first line I got a warning box starting out by saying the module quot regsvr exe c windows system wuweb dll quot failed to load etc It use to update perfectly fine but they have all failed recently Please help thank you nbsp

A:Downloading Windows Updates Failing

Welcome to TSG--

You should probably click the Report link in the lower right corner of you post and kindly ask a moderator to move this thread to the Vista forum---this forum is for Windows XP issues...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-windows-updates-failing.884039/
Relevancy 58.05%

Like a number of people a few weeks back, I could not open Windows after downloading that ginormous 13-update patch. I have Windows XP Professional, an IBM R32 Thinkpad, and got the infamous BSOD with the following error codes:

"STOP: 0X000000E3"

"A thread tried to release a source it did not own."

"0X80558BEO"
"0X82FFFFCA548"
"0X00000000"
"0X00000002"

Windows will not start in safe mode or return to last settings, etc. I remember reading here somebody had found a fix, but I can't find it now (I was too sick to deal with it at the time). Can anybody here point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Relevancy 58.05%

My Dell Inspiron 1525 is not downloading updates. My computer is set to automatically download updates. I will try to install the updates but the status is failed. There are some important updates that I need but it fails everytime. I tried searching for the error codes: 80070005 and Code 5.
Not sure what to do.

A:Windows Vista not downloading updates

Hi there are a few possible solutions here http://social.technet.microsoft.com...p/thread/95edbee4-a75c-48ad-91d1-5316a96f9567

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-not-downloading-updates.890715/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
Im looking for a way to download the Windows 7 update files that i can execute on a machine, as i have several computers re-install but i cant afford the bandwith downloading them over and over again. I have tried on the Microsoft site with their update catalog, using IE but it always has a failed attempt when i click on the download basket.

Could anyone help me? Thanks.

A:Downloading Windows updates separately

I have also been looking at ways to edit system images, i've created an iso out of my disc. I've tried usig RT 7 lite, but after modifying and saving the file, i try them out in a vm, but they always seem to be the original installer, etc. Are there any alternatives to RT 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/284630-downloading-windows-updates-separately.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys, ive had this problem for a while and i dont know how to fix it. I am unable to download updates for windows on my computer, and for some reason automatic updates is turned off and i cant turn it on. What can i do so that i can change that so automatic updates is turned on?

A:Problem With Downloading Updates For Windows

Are you receiving any error messages or does it look like it's working and afterwards it says download failed? Have you recently done a repair install of XP?
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130144/problem-with-downloading-updates-for-windows/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi

RE: WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32 BIT UPDATES

I have been having a problem downloading updates from Windows and I have been unable to find a solution.

Often when I download an update it gets stuck at 92%, sometimes for days; so I have to over-ride it.

When I re-start my computer I get a message ' Installing updates. Do not turn off your computer'. Again this can last for days and I have to turn off the computer
and re-start manually to over-ride the installation.

Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Problems downloading windows updates

Some generic Windows Update troubleshooting: http://www.carrona.org/winupdat.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-downloading-windows-updates-479443.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi There
We deploy images or special builds for new or used PC to clients and in the past couple of months the Windows update services are taking for ever to download or even pickup on updates.
Can anybody else confirm this?
I believe MS are pushing us towards Windows 10 as we have tested a number of the same Windows 7 images and done the upgrade to Windows 10 without any issues
Something is not right.
Regards
Warren

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a985de8f-261e-474c-85b1-6473e6493584/windows-7-updates-not-downloading-or-slow?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys,

As you know Win7 is crappy with Windows Updates, yesterday i installed it and it can't even updates itself (unlike with Win10 which was flawless)

So after long searches , i found a way , follow this guide and it "should" solve the issue:

Search for Windows Updates takes forever? - A possible solution

so i downloaded and installed the march 2016 KB and after 30mn WU finally decided to download those needed updates...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-updates-hanging-and-not-downloading.62319/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have two laptops operating on rather slow internet connections. I find that downloading the regular Windows updates are a necessary pain in the neck.

As I have two machines, this is a double pain.

Is it possible to download and save the update once so that the both laptops can be updated from the single download?

A:Downloading and saving Windows updates

Two ways, one automatic, the other manual. Automatic is the preferred method because it will only download those parts of each cumulative update that are new since the last update. The manual method downloads the whole of the cumulative update each time. With your slow connection that's probably going to be no less painful for you.

Automatic

Go to Settings - Update & Security - Windows update - Advanced options - Choose how updates are delivered
Set both PCs to...

Manual

Set both PCs to 'Metred connection' . This will still allow them to check for updates, but stop them downloading them. Either check for updates yourself, or wait for windows to notify you an update is waiting but can't be downloaded over a metered conection.
Wireless Network Metered Connection - Set in Windows 10
Ethernet Connection - Set as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10

When you know an update is waiting, look up its KB number in Settings - Update & Security then follow the instructions here to download it direct from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/do...g-any-browser/

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65931-downloading-saving-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Windows Update says it's Downloading Updates. It has said that more than 30 minutes ago. And it's still 0 KB total, 0% complete. What's going on?

A:Windows Update says downloading updates but 0% after 1hr.

If you have a slow internet connection and/or you have just done a clean install and there are many updates to download, you'll just have to be patient. For example, I just did a recent clean install of Windows 8.0 and there were 62 updates to download. I'd wait a bit more and see what happens if any of my previous assumption apply.

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33997-windows-update-says-downloading-updates-but-0-after-1hr.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have two laptops operating on rather slow internet connections. I find that downloading the regular Windows updates are a necessary pain in the neck.

As I have two machines, this is a double pain.

Is it possible to download and save the update once so that the both laptops can be updated from the single download?

A:Downloading and saving Windows updates

Two ways, one automatic, the other manual. Automatic is the preferred method because it will only download those parts of each cumulative update that are new since the last update. The manual method downloads the whole of the cumulative update each time. With your slow connection that's probably going to be no less painful for you.

Automatic

Go to Settings - Update & Security - Windows update - Advanced options - Choose how updates are delivered
Set both PCs to...

Manual

Set both PCs to 'Metred connection' . This will still allow them to check for updates, but stop them downloading them. Either check for updates yourself, or wait for windows to notify you an update is waiting but can't be downloaded over a metered conection.
Wireless Network Metered Connection - Set in Windows 10
Ethernet Connection - Set as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10

When you know an update is waiting, look up its KB number in Settings - Update & Security then follow the instructions here to download it direct from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/do...g-any-browser/

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65931-downloading-saving-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I've come across an elderly retired couple who have a Dell WinXP system that has almost 40 outstanding Windows Security Updates to download. The problem is they are on AOL dial service and the download alone is estimated at over 3 hours.

Is there a way to download their updates from another system on a high speed link and burn a CD for them or ????

Relevancy 58.05%

I recently installed Windows 7 on my HTPC. I have installed all of the drivers for the motherboard and GPU. When I go to windows update I see that there are about 83 that I need to install. When I highlight and click install, the download never takes place but rather hangs and eventually gives me a message that says:

"Windows Modules Installer has stopped running"

Can anyone help me work this out before I have to reinstall the OS, reinstall the drives, partition the drives and all that fun and exciting stuff again?

Relevancy 58.05%

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but here goes:

Windows 7 ---

Problem with home networked computer not being able to download Windows updates.

The main computer has no problems with the updates. Both are connected via a DI-624 router and have had the same connection for 3-4 years. Router settings have not been changed. I ran extensive malware scans and none found.

The main computer is a 64-bit and the networked computer is a 32-bit, although I don't see that makes a difference. I've changed ethernet cables and still the same thing.

Any ideas about a possible solution?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390085-problem-downloading-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I have been getting my laptop cleaned over at the malware sub-forum and they pronounced my machine clean, and recommended that I start a thread here to get my Windows Updates problems addressed. I have been unable to update Windows for several weeks, am unable to either download or install updates, even Microsoft Security Essentials updates.

Here is the thread from the malware sub-forum for reference:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-updates-stuck-since-7-15-computer-runs-slowly.1152763/

Any assistance rendered will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

A:Windows Updates Not Downloading Or Installing

I just found this on another forum and it helped that person.
Always remember, anything to do w/ Updates not going or other problem issues w/ them is a FREE call to MS Tech Support. Is considered a security matter w/ the OS and therefore, they will fix it at no cost.
The # is 1-866-727-2338Click to expand...

The MS techs took over his computer, found the problem and updates are coming through.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-updates-not-downloading-or-installing.1154551/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have set my windows update on notify me about new updates Because I am on a capped data plan so I have to keep an eye on what gets downloaded Last month I was busy in my examination schedules that I could not even turn on my laptop now on nd march I opened my laptop checked for updates windows 7 again updates downloading stopped it windows 7 again stopped downloading updates showed updates available I started downloading after MB download it failed almost installed updates Then yesterday I again checked for updates now it kept on checking after an hour or so it showed updates available I started download but it did not download anything for straight hours The connection manager of the dongle also showed zero upload downloaded data despite I have full strength connection I searched the web found a solution on seven forums http www sevenforums windows 7 again stopped downloading updates com windows-updates-activation -windows-update-stuck- -a html telling to empty the software distribution directory after stopping windows update service I did that but of no avail so I restored the deleted files Now windows update shows that I have never checked for update neither installed any I am at my wits end I previously faced this problem and posted about it in this forum but surprisingly it automatically started downloading and installing them But now I am stuck at the same place again or even worse position Any help should be appreciated Thank you

A:windows 7 again stopped downloading updates

I again emptied the software distribution folder again as a last attempt. And didn't restore anything. This time it seemed to do the trick. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607158/windows-7-again-stopped-downloading-updates/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I've booted up a laptop that I haven't used in a few months and am going through the process of updating everything via Windows Update application nbsp What is strange is when I open the application it says that there are important updates so I clicked quot download and install updates quot nbsp The next screen in but Windows updates Downloading in progress no bar? 7, the application says Downloading updates in Windows 7, but no progress bar? quot downloading updates quot but shows kb remaining and downloaded for hours on end When I finally gave up and asked the application to cancel I went to shut down and noticed that there was the update icon and apparently it was ready to install of the updates nbsp When I finally get back in after the installation it says that there are now only important updates meaning that I did somehow install them it just did Downloading updates in Windows 7, but no progress bar? not show the progress Is this normal nbsp It's somewhat frustrating that I don't see the progress or remaining amount to update although they are almost certainly downloading

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35593cb6-4d41-49a2-8a61-a89e5f4e9c63/downloading-updates-in-windows-7-but-no-progress-bar?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.05%

I noticed last night that Windows Update had 55 updates to download.  Upon further inspection, it said updates were last downloaded sometime in November.

I have run the Windows Update Troubleshooting; it resolved some items, but not others (forgot to take a screenshot).  Now Windows Update says I have never even checked for updates.

Following the advice on other threads, I selected only 2 of the updates, then let it run overnight.  I woke up this morning to ZERO percent complete.  Ugh.

I'm able to view pages on Internet Explorer and Chrome without issue, and MalwareBytes was able to update just fine.  What next?

A:Windows Update not downloading updates

Download the Windows Update Readiness Tool and run it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612719/windows-update-not-downloading-updates/
Relevancy 58.05%

Apologies for starting another thread on Updates not downloading but the others now seem a bit complicated.

Yesterday, MS dropped a total of 16 Important Updates on my Windows 7 system and no matter how long I leave the system running for I cannot get any of the Updates to download. I've tried again this morning with just one update, the smallest in the list and the system is still running after two hours and it's still showing 0 KB downloaded.

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-windows-7-updates-not-downloading-problem.1169888/
Relevancy 57.19%

I've been facing this issue lately on this new OS.
Previously on W7 & W8 the updates categorized into 2 column (Important & Optional) where we can select the updates individually and download/install. This way I can get some optional drivers for memory card, printers & etc.

I couldn't find this option in W10. I choose to ignore it but my antivirus keep notifying me that optional downloads are available. I did click the "Run System Updates" but it navigates to System > Update & Security > Message and shows "System is up to date".

Sometimes it only updates the critical updates. The rest (Recommended & Optional) ignored/not notified on windows updates.
Anyone facing this issue? Able to solve? Please help.

A:Windows 10 Optional Updates not downloading/showing

Having this same concern. I too am using ESET Smart Sec. I just wish the Windows update was the same back then in windows 7 where you can see recommended/optional updates for drivers.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/24819-windows-10-optional-updates-not-downloading-showing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

does windows 10 download updates while gaming online ? i searched but could not find an answer. I already switched off the peer to peer updates and changed updates to notify. but it sometime feels like i'm getting more lag at times compared to win 8 on the same game servers?
Does anyone know for sure that win 10 pauses downloading updates when a game is running?
I've asked support but support seems to be avoiding the question.

I know the scheduled update time is 2:30 am from a helpful insider, But most people dont leave their pc on all night. If i turn on my pc and start netfix or online gaming and there is an update due, will it start downloading while i'm trying to play or stream so i know win 10 isnt suitable for all gamers and i can go back to win 7 or 8 until they fix it?

A:windows downloading updates while gaming/streaming?

I find this frustrating too , loosing control of my PC and making gaming a problem at times ! well , I suspect it ...

Please make it possible to disable updates when I am gaming , why can't I manually check every day like I would with W7 and W8.1 . It should just check for updates when the PC is started or at a time we set and if that time is missed it could be forced to check the next day . I could live with that but not while I am gaming , why can't Quiet Hours also turn off any updating so my system can run optimally when in heavy use ?

Please

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/21451-windows-downloading-updates-while-gaming-streaming.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Some minor odd behavior from Windows XP SP2 lately. Everytime I startup, I get a Downloading Windows updates icon in the Notification Area. It doesn't seem to actually download anything and dissappears fairly quickly.

Also, when I download a file, I've stopped getting a prompt asking if I want to Open the file or Close the Dialogue box. Any quick tweaks to fix these?

Relevancy 57.19%

Alright, so after updating my pc a few days ago and managing to install SP1 for windows 7, my computer now constantly "downloads" information which results up to 100's of mb's per hour wasted.. and thus having a limited cap amount, I need to find a way to stop it. Why I say this now, is because ever since I updated windows 7, so the "downloading" has started and it never used to do this before.

I have told windows to not start up apps like iTunes and Skype etc. But this hasnt had a effect. Is there anything else I can do to stop this?

Thanks in advance

A:Windows constantly downloading after installing updates..

BrianBoi
Go back in time and do a restore point when your computer was acting normally.
See if the constantly download is stoped.
when WU ask's for updates make the upates download & install one by one to see wich update is the cause of your stuborn download.
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/224358-windows-constantly-downloading-after-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Few day ago i notice windows update is downloading update:
b1.download.windowsupdate.com/d/updt/2015/07/10240.16384.150709-1700.th1_clientpro_ret_x86fre_en-us_83d0ecebe1ccdde08a144a34df656d2af48c6b84.esd

I search on web and it full version of wind 10. I didnt "reserve my upgrade" on Get windows 10 icon in windows tray.

After that update dindt install wind10, but every time i start windows it shows me new update. Update is shown just on shut down botton (snap 3) but not in tray (snap 2) or in windows update (snap 4 and 5). I also notice notification on shutdown botton is removed after 10-15min i started windows.

I have windows 7 ulitmate, SP1.

In attachments are snaps and windowsupdate.log

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379299-windows-keeping-downloading-updates-wind-10-a.html