Windows Support Forum

HP Z240 SFF random hangs, blue screens and crashes

Q: HP Z240 SFF random hangs, blue screens and crashes

Hi there nbsp My work machine is a HP Z SFF PC Last month the machine began randomly hanging and displaying blue screen errors There isn't much in the way of discernible patterns but it tends Z240 SFF blue crashes and HP screens random hangs, to happen when the machine is in use rather than idling and I can consistently reproduce it when using the Prime stress testing utility When I set it to maximise CPU heat as soon HP Z240 SFF random hangs, blue screens and crashes as I stop the test the machine blue screens indicating a cooling issue The machine's fan is very quiet although on occasion it gets very loud after a restart and then quietens down I would expect the fan to get louder as the CPU gets hotter during the HP Z240 SFF random hangs, blue screens and crashes stress test but this doesn't happen so I wonder if the fan is malfunctioning and if this is a known issue with these machines or if there is any possible resolution nbsp Please see below for the output of BlueScreeView which displays the error codes produced by recent blue screen errors nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z240-SFF-random-hangs-blue-screens-and-crashes/td-p/5658407
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Z240 SFF random hangs, blue screens and crashes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 20.64%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi, everyone - I have a dell e4300 - actually I have three. On one, when it is plugged in to charge, the blue light that indicates that it is plugged in and charging, which normally would be blue continuously, is blinking, or oscillatiing, off and on.

I bent the pin on the inside of the cord slightly in order to maybe get a better contact, and bent the barrel slightly for same reason - the blinking is the same.

So, it does not quite seem like this is a weak, variable connection. Also, I get the same thing with another charger cable. Does this mean something?

A:Dell e4300 blue light charge indicator blinking

Well ,the more I look at this, the less regular it seems, but it does come on momentarily every several seconds. It sure is not charged up, despite being plugged in for over 24 hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-e4300-blue-light-charge-indicator-blinking.208530/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there I m new here hope you can help me out with my problem So over the last couple of weeks I upgraded my I ve had this for about three or four crashes causing parts New years now CPU FX- Mobo Gigabyte GA- A-DS RAM GB MHz x GB GPU RADEON HD GHz Edition PSU W Novatech To CPU FX- Mobo Gigabyte GA- A-DS RAM GB MHz GPU R X MSI GAMING PSU W Novatech New And added in two SSDs New parts causing crashes I also upgraded to Windows Since I upgraded I ve been getting these weird black-screen crashes whereby the lights turn off on the keyboard and there s no response at all from the machine but the fans are still on at full speed I have to then turn the PSU off or unplug it Then I have to wait a few seconds before giving power back to the PSU in order to turn it all back on The first time the crashes happened was when I was playing COD AW and loading a map like Detroit or Recovery After I turned off Preload Shaders Which allows you to load up more information during the loading screen so that you have a smoother experience after it that crashing seems to have stopped So I just thought that was a bug with COD until I started looking at overclocking my CPU I ran Prime just to look at the temps and after a couple of minutes I got the exact same black screen crashes I think it might be the PSU because it s old and technically a value brand but I don t want to fork out on a decent PSU only to find it was my Mobo or CPU all along So yeah any advice would be appreciated nbsp

A:New parts causing crashes

Put your old RAM back in, see if the problem goes away. (Alternatively, run memtest86+ overnight)

Based on what you said, it will be much quicker to swap the RAM back and run Prime95.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-parts-causing-crashes.207343/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello all,
Most of memories, RAM, ROM, HDD, DVD-RAM and others are
random access. What are some non random access memories please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/non-random-access-memory.206101/
Relevancy 22.79%

HI
I have a lenovo laptop. My laptop suddenly crashes . If it is not used for 1 week and then turned on,it works fine for 2 hours. If we turn on the laptop the next day ,it starts crashing with in 10-15 mins after turning on.
Please help me with this ...

A:Laptop Crashes

There could a list of things causing this. Overheating, Os corrupt, Conflicts in software., Bad battery and so forth. The best way to know if you are not sure is to have a local computer shop check it out. Or try running it in safe mode . If it will and run some test on it. Such as a software to check its temps. A good spyware program to check your os. Also a program to check the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashes.206058/
Relevancy 22.36%

A few months ago my computer started crashing when playing games. The screen would turn either black, white, (or once pink), the fan/fans would max out, and the audio would just change to a loud buzzing sound. This would continue until the laptop was turned off.
Around that time, one of my hard drives was failing. We thought, seeing as it fitted so well, that it was the problem. I've just had the hard drives replaced, and while it was running perfectly for a few days, it has now started to crash again, and far more frequently. Most of the time just after the desktop loads.

I'm currently running in safe mode, and that's perfectly fine. No crashing.
I've tried disabling my audio drivers, and rolling back my video card driver, but with no success. I'm assuming that as safe mode has no problems that it must relate to a driver, or, some software, but I have no real clue what I'm talking about.

My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M, if that's important. No idea what other information to include. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

A:Computer crashes increasingly often

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. If there are any .dmp files, select them all and right-click, sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as file here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-increasingly-often.205623/
Relevancy 19.78%

This build will be for my 77 year old mother who lives in another state and I am trying to build this as stable and problem free preventative mode as best as I can with the understanding that any hardware can fail at any time.

Anyway, NewEgg is having both their Blue and Black WD 1TB hard drives on sale that goes off of sale after tomorrow. I know Black is often the choice due to build quality and 5 year warranty. However, the Blue would really help budget wise because every dollar counts and it sees many people have had good success with the Blue.

She does MS Office, email, surfing plus she has an online business that keeps her very busy along with uploading a lot of photos.

Thanks.

A:New Build: Western Digital Blue or Black?

Blue. Because of her work tasks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-western-digital-blue-or-black.204928/
Relevancy 20.21%

Connected to a PC monitor is Clear but onscreen has a blue haze even on the welcome screen. What can cause this problem? Thank you

A:Blue Green covers everything

Have you tried another monitor? This symptom is usually caused by a bad connection or a bad monitor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-green-covers-everything.204345/
Relevancy 48.16%

Alright here we go it s my first time here I don t got any help searching so gonna ask here The first problem is that my notebook has recently a Bad Image error when I try to install programs like if I download in baixaki Advanced SystemCare he tells me that got a bad image Also I can t install so much things and the cleaners anti-virus thanks to that some programs as Fire Fox too here let me show you It doesn t Constantly errors and Bad blue Image screens change the error I think with others it always say this jscript dll and yeah I will not make another thread so I think I am able to show all the problems here I didn Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens t read rules Second one much KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR blue screen but not frequently sometimes he freezes and does that It already maked it constantly when it was starting and I fixed it I think I think those problems are related to my HD or motherboard isn t it Third one everytime I open chrome he say that he isn t my principal browser and when I click to make it he doesn t do Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens Also his image is bugged P S I don t remember when exactly this error of Bad Image started I was in the past without it and it suddently appeared I know that can appear by I installing something I was downloading so much in the forums GTA SA Mods P S I play so much games on that frequently War Dota Tibia GTA and others RPG but now only War Dota So waiting if you can help me nbsp

A:Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens

Sorry I forgot, the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR was already constantly appearing when I start windows. Not expecified that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-bad-image-errors-and-blue-screens.204513/
Relevancy 19.78%

I am getting random CPU spikes whilst playing games, it lags a lot and Ive noticed a drop in fps when Firefox is running. Though I have a good system which should be able to handle this.

Can someone please advise and what the think the problem is?

A:Random CPU Spikes - FPS Drops In Game - Firefox lag

Can you export the specs to this page?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-cpu-spikes-fps-drops-in-game-firefox-lag.204180/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all

I recently upgraded the CPU in my laptop (the specifics aren't important). It runs better than it ever has before! Well, at least it does for around 30 minutes. It's developed a lovely habit of randomly and unexpectedly shutting off.

Now, I know that the CPU is compatible with the motherboard; the fact that my laptop actually runs proves this.

I'm wondering what the issue could be?

My main suspicion is heat. The laptop is running at about 50-55 degrees on average; is this normal? I've cleaned out all of the airways and the fan; it's all running normally and the fan varies in speed depending on workload and temperature. This leads me to believe that the problem might lie somewhere else.

I've searched nearly every forum going but everyone just yells about overheating. Could someone please advise me to any theories they may have and help me fix the problem

A:Random Shut offs

Sounds pretty much as heat issues to me. I have also once upgraded a laptop cpu and even tho the clock speed increased by only 300MHz it got heat issues. I had to have a separate notebook cooler for that to run.
Anyways, the specs would help us to find what sort of temps your comp. should run on...and does it just randomly die when you idle or does it die after you have been using it for a while?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shut-offs.201598/
Relevancy 19.35%

The only other symptom is a screwed up mouse cursor which sometimes has a rainbow hue and looks like a vertical line with two arrows pointing up and down on each end respectively I forget the name of later. after i.e lags days 2 restart intevals / computer or a semingly My random the cursor icon the same one to change the size of program windows My computer lags a semingly random intevals i.e after restart / or 2 days later. when you hover of the edge corner Games take forever to load but will run smoothly once they are opened Sometimes it happens minutes after a complete shutdown and restart sometimes it takes a few days to reappear and may go away without any intervention at all I ran memtest overnight because of the slow loading of games and I removed all my Nvidia drivers and ran DriverSweeper then reinstalled just the graphics driver reason being the only significant change I made to my PC that I am aware of was I installed quot The Ge-force experience quot program from the Nvidia website I have had problems with Maleware before which were solved and this new problem didn t appear until months after nbsp

A:My computer lags a semingly random intevals i.e after restart / or 2 days later.

System restore to before the problem occurred? Only solution I can think of.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-lags-a-semingly-random-intevals-i-e-after-restart-or-2-days-later.196010/
Relevancy 19.35%

I don t how can I describe this problem detailed enough But my acer aspire G has been turning off randomly this laptop has been with me for about years now and I suspect that because of the age problems will occur I still hope that you guys can help me repair this on my own Windows vista core duo gb RAM mb video Here are the problems mainly about shutting off randomly -I will be using my laptop for the whole night and while using with no heavy applications running it will just shut off -the processor fan is running I shared this info because I suspect that its due to overheating but will still shut off -I already dismantled my laptop just to clean the fan I removed the dirt trust me I really cleaned the fan on Shutdowns, Charging Not 4935G turned Aspire Random when Acer and where the air is coming out clean still shutting off randomly -I tried putting a desktop fan under the laptop not just a usb laptop cooler but really an electric fan to remove overheating But still shuts off -now here s the weird part I play NBA k which we know is a very heavy game in terms of processing and video and RAM etc If I play NBA k it doesnt shut off Ever but if I do an alt tab to go to my desktop after a few mins it will Acer Aspire 4935G Random Shutdowns, Not Charging when turned on shut off weird thinking that shutting off will mostly occur while playing games But no it doesnt shut off while playing NBA k this is the only PC game I play -if I go to ctrl panel gt power options gt quot Acer ePower Management quot and if I adjust my CPU Speed to quot High quot and quot Maximum quot laptop will shut off in few seconds So right now my laptop is always running in quot Low quot OTHER MAJOR PROBLEMS - for example ill be using my laptop for the whole night in the morning if I plug in the laptop its charging BUT if I pressed the ON Button the charging STOPS so imagine if I dont have a battery inserted in the laptop it WONT TURN ON because its not charging -now if I put the battery and I turn on the laptop it will continue to boot BUT for as many as tries or more it wont reach my desktop because the laptop keeps shutting off AND ITS STILL NOT CHARGING Hope you guys can imagine -now my battery is like dead it doesnt last for an hour I think this is a common problem for year old laptop batteries so imagine the problem if my laptop wont charge even with the battery connected I cant turn on my laptop I just wish that the battery could hold enough power to complete the boot to windows -charging of the laptop or electricity flow will resume in the laptop after a few mins only if I make it to windows I don t know what triggers the charging But my laptop will just Start charging RANDOMLY So this is like the best condition of my laptop WHEN ITS CHARGING and NO SHUTTING OFF Occurs -everything just starts randomly in my laptop SHUTDOWNS AND CHARGING and I cant really find what triggers the SHUTDOWNS and THE CHARGING -if I remove the charger laptop will turn off battery cant hold the power so those are the problems I rEALLY HOPE THAT SOMEONE READ this and Help me repair this on my own Im not afraid to dismantle my laptop what could be the problem is it the battery the fan the charger im planning to reformat my laptop factory defaults or setting install windows but will this help is this a software problem Please help I know this is still a good laptop P S While making this post my laptop shut down TWICE I have to save this to a word file Pls Help nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 4935G Random Shutdowns, Not Charging when turned on

Turn off laptop take your battery off then hold power buttin down for 20 seconds then plug in charger with battery still off then turn laptop on . what happens ? is laptop running fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-4935g-random-shutdowns-not-charging-when-turned-on.193389/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello,

My computer randomly disconnects from the internet while gaming, youtubing or emailing etc. My computer is on wired internet and I've tried switching ports and switching cables. I've been searching the internet but I can't find any solution. Is there any way someone could help me?

Thank you very much,

Joey

A:Random 1 second disconnects

What were you doing prior to this started happening. You need to make sure you not infected by pest. First remove any Wired ethernet cord from the PC. Run a system virus check set to full scan. Let that run. If nothing turns up. Try setting your PC network adapter to static IP. This means you don't let the router setup the IP.

If that doesn't work then you have a bad network adapter. You could also try downloading newer drivers for your network adapter. Also any firmware updates for your router too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-1-second-disconnects.195335/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all got memory stick and got loads of music pictures etc on there and on a external hard drive but when ever I try to put it al back on laptop or pc it shows with all blue dots and cant do nothing can anyone help thanks in advance

UPDATE>>> I TRIED different memory sticks and different hard drive so assuming problem lies with the files on my laptop how can I fix this please any help welcome

A:Blue dots when tranferring stuff from dongle to laptop

hi can anyone help with this [roblem any suggestions welcome​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-dots-when-tranferring-stuff-from-dongle-to-laptop.195178/
Relevancy 19.78%

What the title says. I am looking for the best air mover for the lowest sound in that range. Im not expecting close to the best I can get at all.

I dont care about sound THAT much, but my PC now gets rather loud under load and I just want to make sure a bunch of fans (5 or 6) wont contribute to noise.

Oh and also, I just want 2 blue LED ones-im getting a corsair C70 and that already comes with 3 fans so I should be plenty set after that

A:Best blue LED 120mm case fans for $15 (each)

I recommend these:
Xigmatek XAF-F1256
Cooler Master JetFlo 120
Cougar 12CM
Enermax Vegas Duo - Haven't tried this, but people say it is a good fan. It has 2 colors also.

These are cheaper, but more noisy options:
Rosewill RFA-120-BL - recommended over the CM one below
Cooler Master 120MM Blue LED

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-blue-led-120mm-case-fans-for-15-each.195161/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello so as the title suggests my game crashes whenever Every for game reason crashes play I no I play any game for like minutes Some games don t even start up When they crash the game freezes and im Every game I play crashes for no reason forced to start task manager and end the process to get back to the desktop my computer does NOT bluescreen The weird thing is my computer runs like its brand new Every game I play crashes for no reason when not playing games I can run many livestreams and render videos very quickly its just the Every game I play crashes for no reason games which crash Specs not included in profile Corsair TX w PSU Arctic cooling freezer for processor Here are some of the solutions I have tried so far to get my games to work again - Reset to factory settings - Malware scan - Virus scan - Registry clean - Stress test on hardware - MEMTEST - clean out inside pc - Validating game cache on steam Its not just steam games that crash its all games - Defragmented my HDD and SSD - Removed any overclocks If anyone has any other ideas please please get back to me ASAP some people have said to unplug the hardware and plug it back in but I didnt know if this was safe Any other ideas are greatly appreciated If you need more info just ask Regards Luke nbsp

A:Every game I play crashes for no reason

Check your CPU temps and voltages. Are you overclocking? You may need to set voltages directly, instead of 'auto'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/every-game-i-play-crashes-for-no-reason.194836/
Relevancy 20.21%

So, a few months ago I bought a Dell inspiron 5552 laptop and in the past month or two I have been dealing with problems which are becoming VERY frequent. At random times, especially when I'm gaming, my laptop switches off - even when my laptop is cool. I downloaded Piriform's Specci and here are the results I got for the following hardware (Celsius): CPU 51, Motherboard 52, Hard drive 38 - These are the results on balanced and Dell battery life extender enabled. I've seen videos of dusting a laptop's ventilation system however their temperatures didn't seem to make a significant difference so I didn't try it. Any ideas?

A:Random shut-downs

Most probable issue is still the cooling and secondly too much power drain via graphics adaptor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shut-downs.194835/
Relevancy 19.35%

I've got an Infoprint 1534 that is putting a thin blue streak down the left side of all pages. Someone told me they empty the waste canister when this happens, is that right? I'm not very knowledgeable about printers. There's what appears to be a "waste canister" on the left side which comes out and is full of dark coloured fine dust. Do I dump this out? Any direction is greatly appreciated.

A:Blue streak down side of papers from colour printer

I guess so. Waste is waste! Printers can do funny things when they aren't configured correctly. I'd say that dust is rubbing on each page as it comes out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-streak-down-side-of-papers-from-colour-printer.193767/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi all for a while now I been plugging external monitor into my laptop as I do karaoke some times always been fine but now all of a sudden when I plug it in the screen on monitor goes red & blue . tried 4 different monitors and all do the same so was thinking is it a simple driver issue or has something come loose inside on the vga port.. went to a shop and they wanted 90 no wayyyy . all help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated .. thanks

A:External monitor red & blue when plugged into laptop

Are you using the same cable when you tested w/ 4 monitors? Something similar happened to me a while back and it was due to a bent pin. I was able to straighten it and fixed the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-monitor-red-blue-when-plugged-into-laptop.193057/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have an Asus laptop that is almost brand new but without warning the screen will go black. When I restart it, Windows doesn't recover from a serious error or anything. I've checked the battery and that isn't the problem. I've run virus scans and they turn up nothing and I have no other issues with the computer. Thanks in advance guys. Let me know what I have to do.

A:My laptop screen goes black at random

Completely black? like the screen turned off? or does it get really dim? have you dropped it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-screen-goes-black-at-random.192726/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I ve crashes caused Hard by motherboard? drive recently built a computer everything was working fine but after a month or so Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard? it started freezing randomly only fixed by restart Then on boot some hard drives would say they have bad sectors and Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard? failed SMART After a few weeks eventually the entire system crashed and would not boot on any of my drives I managed to get it boot on a CD and reformatted the SSD drive that the operating system was on I replaced the supposedly failing drives and things were looking good But it wasn t more then a week or two when it started freezing randomly again sometimes in the middle of activities sometimes when it was just left on And again saying the now brand new drive was failing though from everything I can tell it is not when I run disk checks from booting from a boot CD I m not expert so I have really am at a loss as to what to check I can t afford to keep replacing my hard drives and like I said it doesn t even seem to be actually true if I disconnect then reconnect the drive it seems to come up fine My suspicion is that either the SSD drive that the OS is on is causing the trouble or else its my motherboard Honestly I have no proof of either but I am pretty much out of my depth here Here is the general specs on my system Mother board ASUS P Z -V LK LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS CPU Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics RAM CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M X C SSD OCZ Vertex VTX - SAT - G quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Video Card EVGA GeForce GS GB DDR PCI Express DVI HDMI VGA l have severaI other hard drives internal and external attached most of them don t seem to have any trouble the one that consistently fails is always label E even when I change the physical drive out not sure if that means anything or not Any help would be much appreciated not sure where to even start honestly Let me know if I need to make anything more clearly Lucas nbsp

A:Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard?

they have bad sectors and failed SMART.Click to expand...

S.M.A.R.T. is enabled in the HD firmware. Failures at that level are purely hardware related. Such failures create bad sectors.

Q.E.D.:- the drive is just cr*p.

IMO, the motherboard could never create a HD failure - - while software can do so as well as bad user procedures
(eg sharing r/w a folded and two or more users opening the same file at the same time).
Bad disk drivers would easily be a contributor too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-crashes-caused-by-motherboard.191721/
Relevancy 20.21%

For the past couple of months, I've noticed an FPS drop across all my games. I usually play games like League of Legends and DotA 2 so they aren't really CPU heavy. I thought maybe it could be overheating. This is currently my fan status:

PC Specs:
Manufacturer: HP
Processor: AMD Phenom 8550 Triple-Core 2.20 GHz
Memory: 3GB RAM
HDD: 640GB
Video Card: GeForce 9500 GS

Not great, but it should be more than capable of running these types of games, they're not high end on graphics.

I've tried cleaning inside a couple of times.

A:Random FPS drops in LoL and Dota 2

Is that reading at idle?

If so, you have some worryingly high GPU temperatures.You should try cleaning the dust from GPU fan/heatsink. The CPU temperatures are also pretty mediocre, so I'd clean the dust from that fan as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-fps-drops-in-lol-and-dota-2.189731/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ18E which is experience some major problems at the moment.
Firstly, I get 'nvlddmkm' problem about every 10mins or thereabouts which causes the screen to lock, go fuzzy, blank the screen and then revive and become functional again.

This can eventually, or straight away, lead to a total fuzzy screen lock-up where I simply have to hit the off button to restart the computer.
This is also interspersed by various other screens such as those below; mixed pages, blue screen, which seem to have come from the Matrix.

The computer is about four years old and the front left of it can get very hot.
Is it just knackered?
Would a re-format and re-install do the trick?

Any ideas or solutions?

Cheers,
Tom.

A:Major Sony VAIO problems - graphically, freezes, blue screens etc

The Nvidia graphics chip on the motherboard is probably over heating. The CPU/GPU cooling port may be clogged with dust or the thermal pads or paste need to be cleaned and replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-sony-vaio-problems-graphically-freezes-blue-screens-etc.189216/
Relevancy 17.63%

If you can help me solve my problem I will be more than happy to compensate you for your time! (PayPal)

Okay so to be precise, it is a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6857

The problem is that the computer will completely shut off at any given time. It will sometimes boot into windows but it will be a black screen with only the cursor until a blue screen pops up that I never have enough time to read through. It won't stay on trying to install a new OS or in the Setup Manager.
What I've tried:
Removing hardware one by one to see if it was the problem
Completely cleaned heatsink
Removed battery and ran only with power cord
Power drain
Replaced motherboard with a used but working one

Let me know if you need anymore information.
Thank you in advance for your time!

A:Looking for help with a "random shut down" problem with a Toshiba Satellite A305

The blue screen should produce a minidump file. Locate this file on your pc and upload it please.

Usually in c/windows/minidump.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-help-with-a-random-shut-down-problem-with-a-toshiba-satellite-a305.188893/
Relevancy 17.2%

Ive only had the privledge (and by that, I mean, enough money) to build a single CPU (with my brother, it was his) in my life. I recall it has (still works apart from mobo, only recently replaced) a intel core 2 quad. I see people talking about bent pins and stuff on CPUs, but I dont remember pins being on the core 2 quad. that was the easiest part I recall, just literally placed the chip in the socket (the heatsink, that was a headache). I dont recall any pins. Are pins literally pins as in thin rods sticking out of the bottom, or what?

A:Sorta random CPU question (no problems, just a question)

Most modern CPU's (Intel at least) no longer have pins on the CPU, but instead the pins are on the socket.

The newer socket 1155 and 1366 (and 2011 for that matter) are just like the Socket 775 you are experienced with the Core 2 Quad you installed, just slightly larger sockets.

It is still very possible to bend pins though, but in this way, you damage the motherboard (with the CPU socket) vs. the CPU. You must be careful when inserting the CPU since dropping it on a corner into the socket CAN bend and damage pins.

So if you've built a system with Socket 775/Core 2 Quad, you should have no problem with Core i3/i5/i7 and newer Intel sockets if this is what you plan to do. Everything is basically the same... just slightly different socket and DDR3 memory vs. DDR2, which are also very similar and just snap in the DIMM slots similarly.

I hope that helps! Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sorta-random-cpu-question-no-problems-just-a-question.186212/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi all I normally buy my screens from ebay but does anyone know anywhere cheap . im from london uk so pref in uk please .. thanks

A:Where is cheapest place to buy replacement laptop screens

What's wrong with still using EBay? I get all my screens from EBay suppliers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-cheapest-place-to-buy-replacement-laptop-screens.187553/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all
I have just noticed that my keyboard doesn't work on certain screens. Specifically the system restore screen where I have to label the restore point. I cant type anything in. I don't get the blinking cursor in the input box. I get the italic I cursor when I put the arrow cursor in the box but when I left click to anchor the cursor and start typing nothing happens. So maybe a mouse problem too. I noticed it in a software registration window too. Running windows xp sp3. microsoft usb keyboard and a wireless logitech mouse
Thanks for any help

A:Keyboard doesn't work on certain screens

Change batteries?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-doesnt-work-on-certain-screens.187413/
Relevancy 19.78%

Well just as the title says my Intel Core i k Sandy Bridge literally Be reading. blabber random Salt's some and prepared. CPU makes like ticking sounds like it is thinking Like the processor the brain of the operation was making connections and opening Salt's random CPU blabber and some reading. Be prepared. programs or its like a virus or something Something Is making my IDLE computer drag What are your thoughts my TS brethren Afterthought It is constantly ticking away quot thinking quot and making noise When every program is closed nothing is running that would be dragging on a system with the monitor off Nothing running I wiggled the mouse and everything came back and the system just kept ticking As I closed programs And shut everything down Dammit lt lt pardon me french I just realized something I watch way too much porn Should I go finally spend the cash to get the good stuff Good anti-virus One that really gets rid of everything No hassle to me and draws very little from my Cpu I want every last possible bit for running my two Ti s playing Bf and kicking some Also have a girlfriend in a steady relationship and make a week working construction Just a side thought Not to brag I just want people to know I like adrenaline And for whatever reason the only things that can really get my adrenaline going or make me feel like I m invincible are Riding my streetbike in the twisty s having sex or Making Love if you re the un-openminded and playing first person shooters Yes playing a good fps can get your adrenaline going If you get into it enough I guess But kind sir s I sir Salt Or the ngermire Schwaddell Schv den if you are on chan ever Dutch Baby I ve been Salt for years As far as I m concerned I am the real Salt Angelina Jolie ain t nothin Peace I write a lot bid you adieu And again if you guys actually read these long boring posts of mine that I ve had over time you will understand my question in the beginning is real But I really just enjoy typing So sorry for typing your eyes off Haha But seriously Anybody know of any really good decently priced anti-virus software Again I don t really want anything that s too demanding on the Cpu And go THE AFTERTHOUGHT OF AFTERTHOUGHT S If you tell me to quot Use the Search Feature on the Forums quot just please do me one favor And look at the last dates on the searches of the same subject I just want the most recent thing Thanks -Salt nbsp

A:Salt's random CPU blabber and some reading. Be prepared.

CPU's don't tick.
Probable culprits are:
PSU fan - see if any wires/cable are in close proximity to the PSU fan. No? Take out the PSU (or invert the chassis). What about now? If changing the orientation stops or decreases the sound then it's either a dry fan bearing or a loose wire or piece of insulation thats broken away and connecting with the fan blades.
Secondary culprit could be something (wiring/cabling) interfering with a chassis or graphics fans

Salt said:

Also have a girlfriend in a steady relationship and make 1200 a week working constructionClick to expand...

Sounds like your girlfriend is plenty tough is she's pulling down good money in construction

Thanks for the rest of your backround -though I'm more an advocate of less is more, especially if you're wanting an answer for a specific problem. TS probably isn't the best source of advice for porn addiction or girlfriends into manual labour

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/salts-random-cpu-blabber-and-some-reading-be-prepared.183748/
Relevancy 20.21%

Anyone think they can help me with this annoying issue? My internet at times will randomly drop
and reconnect after 30 seconds or so. Usually the error messages on my laptop or PC will say that a local cable has been unplugged, limit connectivity or a problem with the access point.

I'm running Windows XP on PC and Windows 7 on the laptop. I have a Dlink WBR-1310 router and it's secured with a WPA encryption. I honestly think it's a problem with my router, because I never had this issue before I first bought it.

A:Internet keeps dropping at random times

Reset the router to see if it will cure the problem.

Instructions on how to do so can be found here: http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-sol...wbr-series-router-to-factory-default-settings

You might also want to try updating the firmware of the router.

You'll need to select the correct revision first...

http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/support/product/wbr-1310-wireless-g-router?revision=

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-dropping-at-random-times.183645/
Relevancy 22.36%

I ve a pc with the flg specs AMD Phenom x T ghz stock speed Transcend Mhz ddr GB x GB sticks XFX Radeon HD gb Graphic card M A -EM motherboard Seagate TB RPM primary hdd Seagate x gb RPM for storing my stuff CM Extreme Power Plus W psu I ve been using this pc for past yrs and no problems so far Recently I ve used the quot M A M quot Motherboard along with Frontech DDR x GB RAM The processor graphic card hdd and remaining components are same while playing PC My games crashes except the board and RAM The build worked nicely Now I ve reverted to my own board M A ---- I was playing games like NFS Hot Pursuit My PC crashes while playing games Just Cause and so on After a few minutes of gameplay the pc crashes without any error Not even check for solution msg box no BSOD No events recorded in event viewer So today I reformatted my pc and installed windows Ultimate X But the problem is unsolved I ve checked my hdds for bad sectors My PC crashes while playing games defragmented the disks checked for malware viruses with kaspersky All are working fine except the games And also the firefox is crashing while viewing the pages with flash content No overheating issues and the hardware is properly fitted Thermal paste is also fine Checked the RAM with memtest for over hrs and found no errors Pls solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My PC crashes while playing games

This is kind of a shot in the dark but if you can, try swapping out the power supply. If that doesn't work try swapping out the videocard or running it with the onboard video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-crashes-while-playing-games.183226/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello All I ve recently been inspired to work on my Dell Studio laptop that from what I believe is infected with a very nasty virus rootkit even Symptoms and issues and progress I can make are Computer will turn on and load the startup screen where F or F may be pressed to virus?) black (hangs, not Computer boot screen, will change boot or enter BIOS I cannot enter safe mode I m given no option to do so throughout the loading process However I can select how I would like to boot from F or enter BIOS setup by pressing F If I Computer will not boot (hangs, black screen, virus?) try to boot from my HD it enters a black screen where it hangs Nothing If I try to boot from a CD in the DVD drive it starts loading but hangs mid-startup Nothing If I try to boot from a USB drive it hangs Nothing What I have tried to do to outsmart this thing Reinstalling the OS from a disk -- it feels as if it is stopped uncompleted Deleting the entire HD with a third-party utility -- Failed Interupted and continues to hang during loadup USB drive installation is the same way -- hanging I can however load into a linux unix operating system and quot see quot the drive Unfortunately I can t access it There is an error that occurs I do not need anything on the laptop nuking would be perfect for me at this point Suggestions I can provide screenshots if needed I m going to post this in a few different forum types because I don t know if this is hardware related or virus related Hope this isn t a problem Thank you all for your time and help A nbsp

A:Computer will not boot (hangs, black screen, virus?)

I'm going to post this in a few different forum types because I don't know if this is hardware related or virus related..Hope this isn't a problem!Click to expand...

Please do not post the same problem in more than one forum. As you have already posted in the Virus and Malware forum I'm closing this thread.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-boot-hangs-black-screen-virus.182024/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi there I currently have a studio 1747 from Dell. I play some video games on it mostly from steam such has CS, CSS, the new CSGO TF2 etc. Lately ive been getting random FPS drops in game. I could be running fine at about 150fps for 5-20 mins then all of a sudden it drops to about 20. At first I thought it was caused by overheating but then I went out ad bought a cooling pad with three cooling fans to put underneath it and I'm still getting this problem. Im beginning to think that maybe this laptop just cant handle pc gaming? But my starting FPS is at about 120-125 before these drops. Any solutions would be great!

Relevancy 20.21%

Hey. This is an awful issue for me I've been having.

I may open a browser and it will work fine for a while. Or I may be browsing and it takes 10 seconds just to highlight whatever I'm hovering my mouse over. I check CPU usage and it's at 100%...

Usually I will play a game of sc2 and it will be chugging along at 65-110 fps on lowest and then suddenly lag... freeze and jump. Then maybe 2 games later I play through a whole game at 90 fps.

I recently REFORMATED so it is NOT a virus issue or a ****ed up registry issue or similar.

I'm using AMD Athlon 64x2.

Windows Vista 32 bit. Service pack 2.

Please help me, this is killing me

A:Random CPU usage. Also lag spikes on games.

bump...still no help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-cpu-usage-also-lag-spikes-on-games.179710/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi Guys About months ago my laptop started to act up The screen would get jumpy horizaontal lines flashign across it and then it would cut out altho lights are still on the screen would needed advice of crashes, sure Inspiron not HP cause, be black I would turn it off and turn it on and it may not happen again for a HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed day week or even month Now things have worsened it now happens every session often failing to start altogether The jumping has worsened too it can become heavily pixalated and distorted making a weird noise as if the audio has been caught while it froze Sometimes the screen goes black and the audio continues as normal for a few seconds then dies too Sometimes a blue screen appears telling me it is dumping physical memory this scares me so i usually turn it off quickly Im noit sure if the following is correlation or causation but occasionally this jumping and freezing etc is brought about by me moving the screen of laptop slightly IT does seem to last longer if i have the laptop some where stationary All in all im very confused i brought it to a repair shop and he told me it was not the hardrive so must be the motherboard and therefore v expensive I didnt really get the trusting vibe off him so im worried hes just saying that so i spend big cash with him Im trying to decide what the problem is any ideas If it is the motherboard is it worth fixing If i do buy a new laptop is there any resale in mine for parts If you require any further details im happy to try but i dont have much computer knowledge hence why my title is not very techy Cheers guys Shane nbsp

A:HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed

"HP Inspiron crashes"...

You must mean Dell Inspiron, don't you? What is the model or service tag number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-inspiron-crashes-not-sure-of-cause-advice-needed.179414/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just built a new computer recently and it is running great with one big exception, I keep getting randomly disconnected from my wireless internet connection. I do not believe it has anything to do with signal strength because my laptop right next to my rig never has this issue of connectivity. Also seeing as it is a new comp it is not an issue of any malware ect. If i had to guess i would say the wireless card i got is the issue. It was a last minute purchase and cost about 20 dollars. My question is how do I uncover if the wireless card is the culprit and if it is what steps do i take to fix/replace it?

A:Random disconnects from Internet

See if there is a newer driver. If so, uninstall the old one through Programs and Features and install the new one. Of course, make sure it is compatible with your version of Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-disconnects-from-internet.178963/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi, i got a new 42 inch t.v and hooked it up to my pc. i use the small one for browsing and want to use the 42 for gaming. when i try to start gta4 i sign into RGSC then the game starts to load and just as the game should pop up both screens flicker then i get an error, this is probably due to the trainer i use. i can start need for speed world with no problems but it only plays on my smaller screen, could anyone give me an easy to use guide on how to fix my problem ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-pc-monitors-screens.178725/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, i have had my laptop for a year almost and i have had this problem most of the time. when i try and watch videos(youtube) the screen goes blank for a few seconds then it comes back on telling me that the "desktop driver stopped working and has recoverd". it also says "desktop manager stopped working and was closed." can someone please help?

system details:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core
CPU T4500
2.30ghz 2.30ghz

64 bit operating system
3gb RAM

A:My laptop crashes whilst watching videos

Please tell us more about computer brand and model, opeating system, etc.
You are missing software or drivers, usually free, than will enable proper operation when downloaded and installed from the maker of your computer, or your operating system.
It could also be resources limits such as memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-crashes-whilst-watching-videos.174546/
Relevancy 20.21%

I was playing GTA 4 when the machine completely went blank. No shut down screen or anything of the sort. Now I'm here flabbergasted because that's never happened before and because I don't know where to start looking for the cause.

I checked the Event Viewer but I'm pretty much clueless there. Any suggestions?

A:Sager NP8130 random shut off

Does it just randomly black out during gaming, or at any other time?

If it is only during gaming it is possibly due to overheating. Have you ever cleaned the inside of the PC?

Install this and watch the temperatures: CoreTemp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sager-np8130-random-shut-off.176776/
Relevancy 28.81%

A few of us here at Techspot were pondering how prevelent gaming on multi-monitor desktops is, and this poll is looking to gain some insight into the answer.
Hopefully we get enough votes from the Techspot membership to give us a reasonably valid snapshot.

The choices are:
1.Single screen
2.Multiple screens (please add your native screen resolution)

As a secondary question you can add in the comments section:

If you are presently using a single standard LCD/CRT monitor of 1980 x 1080 or lower and had the budget to afford to either buy multi-monitor for gaming, or spend the equivalent budget on a single screen of better colour reproduction (i.e. a 27"-30" 2560x1440 or 2650x1600 display) which would you opt for...or would you use the budget on other componentry ?
Thank you for your participation. There are no prizes.

A:Poll: How many screens are you using to read this?

I'll start the ball rolling....
Given the pricing structure I would always opt for quality of colour reproduction over extra screen real estate.
1900x1200 (HP ZR24W) primary rig, 1920x1080 (VX2433wm - TN panel) secondary, 1920x1080 (Samsung Bordeaux 6 HDTV for HTPC duties)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poll-how-many-screens-are-you-using-to-read-this.175659/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi guys To start I am sorry if this topic has been covered somewhere else but I have spent literally hours searching for a solution to this I am using a computer I built approx years ago running Windows xp sp I am using a Razr Carcharias headset attached microphone and a RealTek HD Audio card I am currently running drivers RtkHDAud driver My microphone has worked fine all the way up until I reformatted my computer Now my microphone will randomly stop working when using programs like skype ventrilo mumble etc However I can get the microphone working again for a short time if I open a menu related to the microphone and close it again Example I will be functionality Audio of Random RealTek microphone HD - loss talking with friends in Mumble similar to ventrilo and my microphone will cut out RealTek HD Audio - Random loss of microphone functionality I have to open up the audio wizard and click through all the menus all the settings are saved from previous so the microphone was working Once i have closed the audio wizard my microphone will work again for a short time The timeframe in which is is functional varies and I have yet to find a trigger or a certain length of time that my microphone will take to stop working After the reformat I have installed all of the windows updates and latest RealTek HD Audio drivers I have actually tried the newest drivers and about other drivers that were outdated wondering if there was a conflict somewhere When I use the troubleshooter through XP for sound and audio devices Even if my microphone stops functioning during the quot test quot It comes out saying that the device is working properly Same thing with dxdiag I m sure all my settings with my microphone both in windows and through RealTek HD audio manager are correct Ive tried about every known combination of settings that could be affecting it As for the microphone I have also tested this with a stand a lone microphone and have had the same results so this is not a hardware related issue with the microphone I have yet to take a physical look at the card but my suspicion is that this is software or settings based somehow as this problem only occurred after my computer reformat and everything was just peachy before that Keep in mind that I have changed absolutely nothing with hardware after the reformat Any ideas what can be going on Anything you can think of trying Thank you so so so very much in advance - Matt nbsp

A:RealTek HD Audio - Random loss of microphone functionality

Hi,

A friend of mine is having the exact same problem. Audio just cuts out when using his microphone and he also uses XP SP3 w/ Realtek.
Haven't been able to pinpoint the problem, but to me it is safe to assume that this is a bug in XP as he has no issues in W7.

What motherboard do you have? you might have the same mobo as him as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-random-loss-of-microphone-functionality.175268/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone Since my computer worked fine last years ago now its coming some damn problems My computer specs p qc gfx gb ram intel dual core e tb and crashes Games not others seventeam w Problem Some games crashes or i get some distorcion graphics while playing or after a video like go after menu And after that i must press ALT F doesnt work often or i have to restart pushing the button And usually i get BSOD probably memory idk it was so fast i have downloaded somes games to test out Payday The Heist if i play on low resolution it doesnt crash Trine got distorcion graphics and after bsod Might amp Magic Heroes IV cant Games crashes and others not even pass the after intro it crash on menu Mass Effect after min got crash Deus EX sometimes i got lag Games crashes and others not slow run game Duke Nukem Forever same got lag slow run game games that workout without Games crashes and others not problem Far Cry Wow League of Legends Diablo Beta Assassin Creeds Revelations very rarely i got crash or distorced graphics Things i ve done only Ive already updated my video card cleaned the ram slots ram Thigs i should do update bios motherboard any other suggestions or probably its the best to send my computer to tecnical assistance to solve my problems Thanks And english is not my second language nbsp

A:Games crashes and others not

Have you checked your GPU temps? It may be overheating while you play some games. Temperatures above 90 C or so under load would be worrisome. Also, a 500 watt PSU is not very much for a GTX 285. Nvidia recommends at least 550 watts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-crashes-and-others-not.175415/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone, my computer crashes when I play games. The computer is still on, but the monitor says "no signal input"
any help would be appreciated, also i have attached a dxdiag file

A:Video crashes while gaming

Have you tried updating you Nvidia 9600 drivers from this website:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-crashes-while-gaming.175059/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi,

Can anyone please help with this problem as it's driving me nuts. I am getting the DNS error when I try to go to certain websites ie. ebay.com. I've been in contact with my ISP but they don't seem to know how to fix the problem. My system consists of: WinXP Pro sp3, D-Link 2640R Router, wired connection. I'd be grateful any help. Thank you....

Verity25

I have managed to resolve this issue myself....

A:DNS error on random websites

Hmm, w/o more info, an inability to access common sites like "eBay" suggests your "Network Adapter" (not hardware, but a MS Networking driver) is corrupted. A number of things can cause this, but "AdWare" is the most common culprit. The problem has always been far too common with XP (and earlier). Much less of a problem since Vista/W7 made changes to those essential services far more unlikely.

If you can, I suggest you try connecting another PC to the same internet connection and see what you get. Or, if you're computer savvy enough, I recommend downloading a free copy of Ubuntu Linux and connecting to the Internet with the "Live CD" (a way to test the OS w/o installing it.) Both methods will rule out an issue with your ISP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-error-on-random-websites.173963/
Relevancy 20.21%

i have purchased a lenovo z560 laptop before 1 year.
its warranty period is over. And i got a trouble of rendomly shutdown of my laptop.

this is the requirement of laptop:

2 gb DDR3 RAM
500 GB HDD
intel core i3 M350 2.27 GHz

please give me solution of this problem.I m tired of this problem.I can't work properly due to this problem.

Any suggestion would be well.

A:Random shutdowns on Lenovo Z560

Take it to a local shop to have it looked at...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shutdowns-on-lenovo-z560.169556/
Relevancy 20.21%

My internet disconnects randomly . I have changed the modem but its still happening so i guess its a virus or something so i ask for some help.Please help me i have also done the hijack this and attach the log . Thank you

A:Random disconnections from Internet

You will need to offer more details... What kind of OS and internet connection, You mention modem, are you using dial-up or do you mean a cable/dsl modem?? You question is too vague

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-disconnections-from-internet.171777/
Relevancy 21.93%

i think there is something wrong with my hardware..i have noticed that when ever i move the screen or move the laptop then it either freezes or crashes..

do you have any idea which hardware may be faulty??

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whenever-i-move-my-laptops-screen-it-freezes-or-crashes.171448/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a gateway laptop with windows vista. Sometimes when I plug in my printer a USB port the computer crashes. Then I have to take out the battery and put it back in to start it up again. It seems to do this more when I have my wireless mouse plugged in but still does it when no other devices are in use. Most of the posts I've seen are crash and automatic reboot. Not me! Any ideas?

A:Computer crashes when plugging in printer with no reboot

Sounds like drivers. particularly USB but it could also be motherboard USB controller drivers as well. Do you get Blue Screens? Do you have the latest drivers from Gateway installed for your particular model? Do you have Vista's latest Service Pack and drivers updated?

If not do so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-when-plugging-in-printer-with-no-reboot.171195/
Relevancy 20.21%

For your perusal...
A showcase of X79 boards from Gigabyte and MSI

Intel's more staid offering (Legit Reviews)

Intel's Ivy Bridge slide deck (Anandtech)
...and a preliminary look at some performance numbers for Sandy Bridge-E from Tom's Hardware

A:Random X79 and Ivy Bridge sightings at IDF2011

according to the review in tom's hardware the i7 2600k still the fastest cpu for gaming

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-x79-and-ivy-bridge-sightings-at-idf2011.170779/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have this problem. I just bought a new computer. Dell XPS8300. Sometimes it'll lag really bad for 2 - 4 seconds and during that period, the sound will sound really bad and "pixelated".

/watch?v=1jaz44vf8ho

(add this to the back of the url of youtube.)

You can hear what it sounds like on the youtube video. It's about 2 to 3 times worse normally. Does anybody knows what's going on? Thanks!

A:Sound and video problems -- weird sound and lag at random moments

I'm having this same exact problem. Does anyone have any clue what it could atleast be related to? Dell wanted me to restore my hard drive to factory settings but 1. I don't feel that would help and 2. I have nothing to back up all my stuff. I'm using an XPS 435T/9000 with an ATI HD Radeon 5880 video card and whatever the generic sound card is that comes with it. If there's any solution that doesn't involve me having to go out and spent more money on an external or something it'd be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-and-video-problems-weird-sound-and-lag-at-random-moments.170451/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey everyone I recently came to own via a friend a new TB WD HDD used strictly for storage and it s not playing nice with my setup The HDD http www amazon com gp product B ZCXK I For the most part everything seems just fine when I have the HDD connected I ve transfered several GBs of data to and from with no issues When I m working on unrelated applications it doesn t cause problems The only time my computer is unhappy is when I have the HDD connected and I boot into a game like Dragon Age Origins When I do this the monitor shuts goes into standby mode and is otherwise unresponsive I have to force shut off the computer and when I do other issues ensue The Computer monitor when in to hangs, (+ HDD) new sleep goes games other issues include some messed up blocks of colors on the screen as well as blue screens The only way to return my computer to a working condition is by doing a system restore After a system restore everything is fine even with the extra HDD connected unless I attempt to get into a game When the HDD is disconnected games work no problems I ve read around and some people Computer hangs, monitor goes to sleep when in games (+ new HDD) seem to suggest that the PSU isn t powerful enough however I have a W PSU so that should be just fine Check out my system specs if you need other system specs If anyone has any suggestions I m all ears Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Computer hangs, monitor goes to sleep when in games (+ new HDD)

This sounds like a driver issue. Have you updated either the BIOS or chipset drivers for your motherboard? USB drivers for mobo?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-hangs-monitor-goes-to-sleep-when-in-games-new-hdd.170320/
Relevancy 19.78%

So here at home I have my laptop a Dell Latitude E which I usually have plugged into my charger mouse audio input and Ethernet cable on my desk since I don t move it too often However whenever I want to use my laptop in other parts of the house like my room or the kitchen there is Dell E6510 Latitude loss Random wireless no ethernet cable and so my laptop automatically Random wireless loss Dell Latitude E6510 switches to our wifi Suddenly one night while I had my laptop in my room it would not give me wifi It would show me that there were available networks but that it was unable to connect to any of them I would try to connect and it would give me an error Random wireless loss Dell Latitude E6510 When I troubleshooted the problem the laptop said that was an issue with the router or access point It suggested I restart my router then try again Random wireless loss Dell Latitude E6510 I did so and nothing changed I was still unable to access wifi However my ipod touch and all the other computers were still able to connect to the wifi perfectly fine My wifi switch IS on so that is not the issue I don t believe I purposely installed anything new onto my laptop so I have no clue why it would stop working with my wifi Any suggestions or has this happened to anybody else Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-wireless-loss-dell-latitude-e6510.170300/
Relevancy 20.21%

Ok so my laptop is being a peace of crap As if i dont hate vista enough it keeps finding ways to make me want to kill it I have an HP pavilion with Vista Home Premium and a stupid problem Aparently its an entertainment computer but when i watch movies or play games like minecraft source games especially source games it gets really laggy Its not that my laptop can pulses applications lag of while Random using t handle the graphics for the first minutes it runs really smoothly But then for Random pulses of lag while using applications minute it gets really choppy then it goes back to being smooth then it goes choppy again i ve tried lowering the graphics particularly the textures but it doesnt seem to help I ve tried optimizing my processor by removing processes and services i dont need i ve also tried lowering the priority of certain Random pulses of lag while using applications processes such as windows update and my antivirus These seem to work in a small way Any suggestions on how to make it run smooth permanately is there any process that tends to make the computer lag only while an application is running nbsp

A:Random pulses of lag while using applications

"Is there any process that tends to make the computer lag only while an application is running?"...

Yes, poor antivirus/antimalware programs, and loads of temp files. Download and run Old Timers free temp file cleaner and free Superantispyware. See if your laptop runs faster after running these two programs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-pulses-of-lag-while-using-applications.169535/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey there everyone on TechSpot...

Recently I upgraded from a Geforce 6800 GS to an ATI Radeon HD3850 (both AGP)
After having carefully followed all the steps required to install a new graphics card
(i.e. deleting of old drivers, installing the new ones etc.) I still get an error. In particular this one: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

I even contacted the manufacturer of the card (Sapphire) but they weren't of much help, giving me a constant list to do things that I had already done.

I uploaded the latest 2 minidumps that were created from the crashes to (possibly) help solve the issue. (edit) I also uploaded my dxdiag, in case my other system specs are gonna be requested.

Hope you guys can help me,

Greets

A:Radeon HD 3850 crashes

The AGP standard is getting old. How old is this PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-3850-crashes.169840/
Relevancy 20.64%

for the last month or so i ve been experienceing Huge Fps lag when playing wow or deus ex fallout tactics etc i ve had this computor for about a year and a Random lag spikes FPS half and have never had any fps issue with any games i ve Random FPS lag spikes played on it i can play comfortable for anywhere between minites - and hour with - fps then have a sudden drop to - fps Random FPS lag spikes with no reason that i can notcice i have updated my drivers and yesterday i restored my pc back to factory in a last ditch hope to solve it myself and after re-installing wow i was able to play for seconds before i hit lag as i said before i ve had the pc for a year and a half and never had any fps issues here are my specifications Scer Aspire X Windows Home premium bit Os AMD Athlon II X processor GHz GB RAM i ve got a nvidia graphics card thingy but i m not sure which one or how to find out which one sorry Any help would be appreciated as i m apt to throw my computor at the orphans Thank Chris nbsp

A:Random FPS lag spikes

Just a quick note:

Run "DxDiag", "accept WHQL-signatures", go to the third tab up on the left - called "Monitor" or "Screen" or "Graphics" or something like that.

At this tab, you can see what GPU you have.
If you restored the PC to factory settings, but still experience lag, then this is at least not software-related.

- Have you re-installed the graphics drivers?

--------------------

The Acer Aspire X1301 I looked up on Google was a stationary PC, so I'm expecting that your PC is a stationary model.

You should check the CPU temperature in your BIOS, and if it doesn't void any kind of warranty, you should also check (only see, don't touch) the inside of your PC.
- Is it "very" dusty? Like a 1mm film of dust everywhere or equivalent?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-fps-lag-spikes.166369/
Relevancy 17.63%

dell xps m wont start up blue power light and bluetooth light stay on i have been searching posts in other forums as well as this one and i thought i d narrowed it down to the graphics card i was right to an effect my approach was to take the xps apart following dells website documents while i had the top dvd drive off i up, stay XPS light start m2010 on Bluetooth Dell blue light power won't and noticed that the graphics card screws Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on were really loose this was my first job i tightened these The top dvd drive i re-connected but propped it up at an angle so i could still see motherboard and parts warning be carefull electric attached power cable and pressed power button after half a dozen times pressing this it came to life I noticed my fans were working and thought this might not be my motherboard after all no overheating happening then it froze on windows xp it Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on was a start another to ten times pressing power button it worked again this time not freezing went into bluetooth with usb mouse and paired keyboard made system restore point and restarted It took maybe times with it being glitchy freezing not powering up but when it does load xp without freezing try restarting windows xp and then it eventually finds its feet my xps is running ok now jimb nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-m2010-wont-start-up-blue-power-light-and-bluetooth-light-stay-on.167944/
Relevancy 20.21%

The letters "ck" appear while I type - the ck appears random for example typing while may appear ckhile or sometimes it appears while I press space bar.

Any ideas to why?

SOLVED read post below

A:Letters ck appear random while typing

I finally figured out what was wrong - unsure what made me do this - but I had my keyboard conected to an USB hub and when conected keyboard striaght ito the computers USB it is now working fine.

I figured to post my finding to my issue instead of deleting the post (unsure how to delete a post anyways lol) incase someone else came across same problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/letters-ck-appear-random-while-typing.166884/
Relevancy 20.21%

Not stops working random at Mouse sure if this is the right place for this but if not please point me in the right direction While using my work computer the mouse will randomly freeze on the screen as if the driver was uninstalled I reboot and everything is fine and works again I ve tried multiple mice that work fine on my personal laptop I tried to uninstall the through the device manager and reinstalling and still continues to freeze up I Mouse stops working at random feel like its a driver issue but I m not completely sure When it would freeze in the beginning I would just move it to a different usb that its never been plugged into and it d install the driver and the mouse would unfreeze However I ve now used every usb slot and that doesn t work anymore if I switch spots it stays frozen When I got the machine it would happen maybe once or twice a day Then it went to maybe once every couple days Now so far today I ve had to reboot times due to this issue this is really causing me issues because its slowing my development time down considering I have to reboot every minutes I asked someone in the office about this and they said they remember this happening with our former employee that used this machine and it was reformatted after that Which means its a hardware issue but this isn t confirmed I d like to make sure that s the issue before I have to have a new PC shipped Any help would be appreciated let me know if you need some sort of logs or whatever you may need Thank you nbsp

A:Mouse stops working at random

Download and run free Superantispyware and tell us what it finds

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-stops-working-at-random.166916/
Relevancy 19.35%

Im having trouble with my newly built computer freezing at random points during my startup and if it does boot up all the way it always freezes on the "Shutting Down" screen. Im running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) and have reinstalled it two times.
Here is what I currently have in it:

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI
G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
WD 1TB HDD
500W Power supply

A:Freshly built computer freezes at random points during startup

Sounds like there could be an issue with your BIOS... either needs to be flashed to a newer version to fully support the X6 processor or the settings just need to be tweaked. Make sure your memory is running in accordance to factory spec and that your voltages for both CPU and RAM is within acceptable range.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freshly-built-computer-freezes-at-random-points-during-startup.165791/
Relevancy 19.78%

I hope i have the right board. Anyway I have a sony viao laptop.
It plays random adverts all the time. It also happens when I click play on a youtube videos or the likes. It'll play over the video its very annoying.

I have scanned the laptop with fully updated AVG, NOD32, SPYBOT, MALWARE BYTES, SUPER ANTISPYWARE.
not all at once but installed them one at a time an updated them.
they all found absolutly nothing.

I've uninstalled most programs also to narrow it down but it seems to be none of them.

I've always had AVG up to date so I dont know how this happened.

Does anybody have any ideas? I'd hate to have to wipe the laptop cause im away from home for a few months and dont have discs and drivers etc.

Cheers

A:Sony Vaio laptop playing random sounds

Try performing a Sony restore function for the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-laptop-playing-random-sounds.165081/
Relevancy 21.93%

I'm having some serious issues with my PC; I recently switched Motherboards to an M2N-SLI board with my Radeon HD 4880 graphics card. I updated my drivers and everything, but I still get crashes whenever I start a graphics intensive game (Portal 2, even CS:S) I'm not sure what it could be. Any help available?

A:Radeon HD 4880 crashes after switching to M2N-SLI Mobo

When you changed motherboards did you re-use the old hard drive? If so, did you reinstall Windows or perform a Windows repair? If neither, then try a repair first. If that doesn't work, you may have to reinstall Windows from scratch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-4880-crashes-after-switching-to-m2n-sli-mobo.165104/
Relevancy 20.21%

So last week I replaced my case Motherboard CPU Graphic card and Dvd Burner.
The problem is that it randomly locks up where i cant do anything besides power down by the case button. This problem has only come up in Battlefield bad company 2. I have played GTA IV, just cause 2 and tf2 for hours with out problems. was wondering what could be the problem.

Edit: system temps at time of lock up.
CPU: 54c
GPU: 69c
MB: 40c

Setup:
CPU: AMD Phenom II 1055T
MotherBoard: M4N98TD EVO
Ram: Kingston Hyper Blu 4gb
Graphic Card: EVGA GTX 460 SE 1GB
Power Supply: Rosewell 530w
Dvd burner: LG Dvd Burner
Case: Apevia 3 case fans + fan controller and Temp Monitor
HDD: 3x 320gb SATA II, 1x 500gb SATA II
Any Idea's would be really help full.

A:Random lockups with new build

kmann said:

Battlefield bad company 2.Click to expand...

Sniff, sniff. Smelling a cracked game.:suspiciou

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-lockups-with-new-build.165145/
Relevancy 20.21%

After I formatted my HDD, re-installed the same Windows 7 I had before I've been getting brief and random picture-freezes. They appear to be more often and last longer when playing a game or so forth, although they even pop up while using a browser or MSN. I have no idea what might be causing this, as the PC itself is fast as usual. If anyone can help me...I'd be eternally grateful.

Short and facty:
1) Brief picture freezes, more often when PC working hard
2) Just did a format
3) NEED THIS FIXED FAST =)

A:Having random and brief picture-freezes

What do you mean by "random picture freezes". What kind of picture or pop ups?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-random-and-brief-picture-freezes.164048/
Relevancy 46.87%

MY mother has a Dell Laptop with Windows Vista. After the computer being on a bit the fan starts making this horrible sound and sometimes the she gets the blue screen and causes the computer to restart. Anyone ever seen or heard of this?

A:Dell laptop makes horrible noise then blue screens

Hmm, interesting.

Does the laptop appear to be getting hotter and hotter as you use it? Are you sure that the fan is actually spinning/the cause of the sound.

Sounds to me like the fan could be faulty. I've also had large clumps of dust (Large enough to stop the fan spinning) caught in the fanblades, meaning I had to disassemble the laptop to resolve the issue.

You could try giving the fan/air filter a blow out with compressed air and see what happens/if it improves. Also make sure that the fan is actually spinning to start with.

What does the noise sound like also?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-makes-horrible-noise-then-blue-screens.163915/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone As the title of this thread suggests I ve been having a problem with the connections tray of my laptop Essentially the light indicating Wi-Fi is on goes out and the taskbar icons that show me network connectivity stop responding Re-starting the computer regains functionality but before the computer shuts down I see an quot End Program - Connections Tray quot countdown dialog This only happens when I m using Wi-Fi and it occurs sporadically In an attempt to fix this problem I did both spyware and virus scans nothing was found I tried re-installing the drivers for my Wi-Fi card and that didn t fix the problem About this laptop - Dell Inspiron purchased in I upgraded the RAM in January of this year from GB to GB - OS Windows XP SP Information as provided by PC Wizard Platform Intel Centrino Mainboard Dell XD Chipset Intel i PM Processor Intel Core Duo T MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM Video Card ATI Mobility Radeon X Omega Hard Disk FUJITSU MHW BH GB DVD-Rom Drive SONY DVD -RW DW-Q A Monitor Type XD W NX - inches Network tray Connections crashes Card Broadcom BCM x Base-TX Fast Ethernet Controller Network Card Connections tray crashes Intel PRO Wireless ABG Golan Network Connection Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack -bit DirectX Version c October Advice appreciated - Connections tray crashes Mage nbsp

A:Connections tray crashes

Download and run Superantispyware Free and run it. Tell us what it finds

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connections-tray-crashes.163494/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have not been one to ask for help to get my PC out of trouble and I am new to this forum I have built a handful or two of PC s over the years I have a Dell Inspiron laptop which started Dell change Inspiron 9100 laptop video random characters - - tracing at having random video issues such as video traces and random pixel change then I noticed random characters flickering or appearing on the text in my BIOS even with my harddrive removed I am not completely familiar with character mapping and if this could be a VIDEO CARD issue but I suspected it was a BIOS VIRUS SInce I could not flash the BIOS without Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random having Power connected AND a good battery in the unit I shelled out bucks to buy a new battery I flashed the BIOS to the latest ver but I am still having the same problem I have seen video failures before but not like this I performed a bootscan with Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random AVAST afterwords but no dice As far as I know the only hardware quot virus s can effect quot are the HD and BIOS Once again while I am looking at a page in the BIOS I see letters being replaced by other characters and the longer I am on that page it becomes unreadable Sounds like a Virus to me OR could it just be I need to replace the VIDEO card Dell Inspiron laptop Mb ATI Mobility Radeon Windows XP and THANKS FOR ANY HELP xxxx nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random

Welcome to TechSpot! Your thread is better suited to the Windows OS or Hardware forum, so I m going to ask the moderator to move it. I hope you subscribed to the thread because we don't email the reply.

If I had to give you a quick answer, I's suggest replacing the video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-9100-laptop-video-tracing-characters-change-at-random.162078/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi i went to my pc this morning and the monitor light just keeps flashing blue ive turned the power all off and restarted several times but still no display and still blue flashing light i did clean the dust out of my pc a week ago all worked fine after im really at a loss of wat to try anyone there that might be able to suggest wat i do i was thinking of sending my pc monitor to be repaired but i worried they will say all sorts of things are wrong when it might be something simple its not under warranty anymore many My monitor flashing blue display light, a LG no has thanks helen just tried turning pc after disconnecting my monitor lead and my pc is now making a rather loud whirling noise i My LG monitor has a flashing blue light, no display plugged the lead back in and isstill flashing blue and pc isstill now making the whirlinf sound its my monitor not pc ive tried a different monitor and my pc works fine on it any advice on wether to buy a new monitor or is it worth geting this one fixed nbsp My LG monitor has a flashing blue light, no display

A:My LG monitor has a flashing blue light, no display

lg monitor

helen36 said:

any advice on wether to buy a new monitor or is it worth geting this one fixed?Click to expand...

Assuming that the monitor in question is a LCD ?
You could hold a torch up close to the screen and if you can see the normal screen (the one that's there normally there when your computer boots) then the problem is the back-light for the screen -may be repairable.

helen36 said:

the monitor light just keeps flashing blueClick to expand...

However you might also find on the monitor manufacturers site a list of "Blink-codes" which will be interpretative in much the same way as Morse Code. And this may have implications to what is actually wrong internally with the unit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-lg-monitor-has-a-flashing-blue-light-no-display.162725/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey Built a new computer a few days ago and seems to run ok accept for the rd time now the screen has gone all fuzzy and as i cant select anything on screen i can only assume system has crashed too This seems to happen randomly and normally crashes with screen fuzzy Computer after the computer has been running a while today it has been running for about hours then did it Im running off the on board graphics card on my ASUS p h M-pro motherboard i have a grapohics card which i will be using soon once the correct Computer crashes with fuzzy screen cables come for it Does anyone know if this is a faulty monitor or motherboard graphics issue im not running any games video when this Computer crashes with fuzzy screen has happened also have a psu infact the full spec is Motherboard ASUS P H -M PRO Processer - i Ram - Corsair x gb Powersupply - W Graphics Card - Gainward GeForce GTX Monitor - LG Flatron W nbsp

A:Computer crashes with fuzzy screen

I suspect at first look that your PSU is under powered but would need to check it. What is the model and make of the PSU. How many hard drives and what make are they and likewise for the CD/DVD drives. What version of Windows are you running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-with-fuzzy-screen.161878/
Relevancy 19.35%

I just recently tried my hand at building my own pc and im not getting a first boot screen and well im pretty sure the motherboard is getting power since the cpu fan is spinning and everything of that nature. But no bios setup screen and i didnt think my cpu was fried or damage but when i lifted it out of the motherboard theres three pins that are blue on the top left of the cpu could this mean that my processor is bad i dont have a spare to test right now just wondered if anyone had any ideas what might be going on.

This is what i got

Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2 Mobo
Intel i5 2300 2.8ghz
Kingston 2gb Ram x2 KHX1600C9D3B1K2/4GX
Sparkle ATX 500W PSU

It came together in a kit so i assumed everything was compatible if anyone can help me id appreciate it

A:Not getting BIOS setup screen, 3 pins on processor blue

I'll assume the 3 pins are in the corner indicating the orientation of the CPU. Start out simple and take the mobo out of the case and put in on some cardboard and try to power it with just ram, cpu, and cpu cooler attached. If you get a screen, you should be ok.

if your pins are "burnt" then yeah, that's bad - you got a short.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-getting-bios-setup-screen-3-pins-on-processor-blue.160812/
Relevancy 20.21%

Ok so here s my problem My internet connection will randomly disconnect sometimes for a quick second period sometimes for minutes I have power cycled restarted bypassed and reset the settings on the router I have tried connecting to a different port in the house I have tried using different devices like my Wii iphone laptop and nothing fixes the issue I called my ISP today and they came and supposedly installed brand new quot everything quot in the system as they put it They left after hours Internet Random disconnections saying quot call us tomorrow if you still have issues quot Funny story I still have issues I believe I have Random Internet disconnections done nearly everything in my power to sort out and find any potential problems I ve tried isolating every aspect down to OS individual port and browser I ve used different devices different ports different everything Nothing makes a difference This has happened to me for about months now but only on very rare occasion Now it is happening roughly every - minutes and it is absolutely MADDENING I am a college student and do a lot of work online and when I have no internet connection the website I save my work on deletes it all Hoping for some help nbsp

A:Random Internet disconnections

sounds like interference.

what is your connection {dial-up, ADSL, cable, satellite} ?

Are you using a WiFi connection to your router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-internet-disconnections.161330/
Relevancy 18.92%

I recently bought a computer in december last year Dell Intel R Xeon R CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM Running on Windows XP professional and with blue restarting devices No screen BIOS and AHCI not problems issues installed, found, an ASUS EAH silent GB graphics card and yes all drivers are installed and up No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting to date The problem i have is that when i turn my computer on it says no devices found and that AHCI BIOS is not installed and when i am on my computer mostly when playing games No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting my screen which is an Akura quot LCD TV DVD combi goes to blue screen and says no signal and any music that was playing becomes a loud repeated thumping like when a cd gets stuck The only option i have is to turn the computer off via the on off button by holding it in until it turns off After this my computer wont restart for - tries and instead when i press the on button a small lights up on the front and it makes a second buzzing noise repeated with a second inbetween and does not load up so i have to turn it off via the button Any ideas whats wrong and what does AHCI BIOS not installed actually mean nbsp

A:No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting

Do you have a single drive or multiple drives setup in a RAID configuration? The message you are seeing is fine (and normal) if you have no RAID. It usually will just pass it so quickly that you didn't notice it was there. How long have you let the pc set at that error message?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-devices-found-ahci-bios-not-installed-blue-screen-issues-and-problems-restarting.160767/
Relevancy 22.36%

Basically I have a wnda3100 usb wireless adapter from netgear. The adapter has performed very nicely and just recently to take advantage of the wireless N, I upgraded my wireless router from a G to an N.

The problem that I have is that now when I try and use a torrent of any kind, the card will work for say 5 min then just suddenly disappear. Windows reports that there is a driver issue, but nothing more. In order to get things back up and running I have to physically unplug the usb and replug it back in.

I do find it coincidental that this all started to happen when I upgraded my router to an N router. But whats weird is that the problem is with my adapter. I have tried upgrading my drivers, with still no avail and there doesnt appear to be anything in my event logs.

A:Wireless card crashes

update the router firmware and see if there's a newer driver for the USB

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-card-crashes.160467/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi,
I have just been through the process of cleaning malaware from my computer (with the help of your techs). It was a google redirect problem but I was also experiencing random disconnects from the internet and audio and I assumed they were all related. Everything is now fine except that I am still getting the occasional disconnect from the wireless. It's not happening as often as before. When I check my wireless connection it usually says that i'm connected. I usually disconnect and reconnect which works sometimes. Occasionally when I disconnect it says it cannot locate any wireless networks and I have to reboot. Sometimes hitting the Repair button on the computer icon in my tray works. Any suggestions?

A:Random disconnection from wireless internet

Have you installed the latest drivers for your wireless adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-disconnection-from-wireless-internet.159979/
Relevancy 29.24%

On some random day there was no red on my screen any longer I don t know why but it seems that when I plug screens plug any I on in No red in my monitor anything that is supposed to be red is black and greens seem to be yellowy grey When I unplug the monitor there is a self-test - red is on it On this monitor options red appears I have tried No red on any screens I plug in to reset the monitor to factory settings to no avail I tried another monitor - there was no red either It s clearly the computer s fault But why and what should I do Thanks in advance COMPUTER SPECS System Information report written at System Name AMDXP-C C AE System Summary Item Value OS Name Microsoft No red on any screens I plug in Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name AMDXP-C C AE System Manufacturer WinFast System Model M MA System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD PG SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name AMDXP-C C AE Andrew Time Zone Pacific Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys nbsp

A:No red on any screens I plug in

Try a different cable or video card and see if anything changes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-red-on-any-screens-i-plug-in.159830/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello Today I experience the oddest thing I have ever seen on my PC This morning the power on button would not start my PC I checked the cable and the wall socket and popped the case to look inside Nothing seemed out of the ordinary I turned the case on its shut no start - random downs Sudden side to get better lighting inside and the PC started right up I Sudden no start - random shut downs was surprised at that so I stood it back up and it shut down I hit the power button and nothing happened so I tilted it on its side and hit the button and voila power So I let it boot and after its all done and windows is up I can use everything normally with no issues I turned Sudden no start - random shut downs the tower back up and it stayed on Not minutes later it shut off again and immediately restarted The second time it did this it ran a disk check Im assuming because of the sudden shut downs and it turned out fine Right now the PC stays on like nothing is wrong when its laying on its side As soon as I stand it back up it shuts down within a minute and restarts Its a Dell XPS Intel Core Quad Q ghz gig ram bit OS Windows Vista I have installed Nvidia Extra Case fans This PC has worked flawlessly since I bought it a year and a half ago and immediately installed the card and fans This is the first issue I have had and it feels like some sort of power short rather than an actual PC issue Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Sudden no start - random shut downs

Sounds like your switch might be faulty what I would try is jiggling the wire to the power switch to see it shuts down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-no-start-random-shut-downs.159667/
Relevancy 19.78%

Yesterday I started noticing that my computer randomly makes 2 quick noises in a row that sound like sandpaper being scratched together. The first is a longer noise, the second is the same type of noise but abbreviated.

It happens when I am using the computer at random times (maybe every 10 minutes) and also when I am not using the computer, just a few feet away perhaps.

Any ideas? ... This noise is annoying because I have the volume on quite a bit due to medical transcribing w/ sounds files.

A:Random strange noise from speakers/earphones

A click or buzz noise that happens every 10 or 15 minutes, could be coming from another electrical device on the same mains wiring, for instance, a fridge, or central heating thermostat.
Each time a fridge motor starts up, it puts a 'spike' of noise into the local mains wiring, which is amplified by items such as Hi-Fi or PC speakers. If that is the case, it is possible to buy for a few pounds (dollars), a small choke that will clip over the mains lead, near the plug, which will cut the interference down.
Also, there are mains extension cables with multiple outlets designed for HI-Fi of PC use, which have spike suppression built in. It is sometimes called 'mains conditioning'.
These are not the same thing as 5 extension 'gangs' !
The prices vary wildly, but here is one I found quickly. http://www.saverstore.com/product/2...-Mains-Extension-Lead-with-Power-Conditioning
Or try (if in UK) http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?tabid=1&criteria=usb&moduleno=219077&c=so&u=strat15

Also: From past experience with interference in a HIFi system, the problem turned out to be coming from the central heating boiler next door! In that case the fault has to be stopped at source. You might try fitting an RF filter to your speaker or headphone lead. I have a similar 'Choke' on my PC speakers. I bought a DAB radio this year, and a similar device is fitted to the mains adapter.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=32799
These clip on ferrites are designed to go over the mains lead to prevent the interefence from running up the lead, but if you use headphones for transcribing work, or audio typing, it might be better to wind the headphone lead through this choke, several times over.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-strange-noise-from-speakers-earphones.159157/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a WD 456 GB hard disk, which I have been using since Feb'10. But now when I connect it to my USB port (Laptop Dell D630) , the "My Comp" hangs and I have to remove the disk. i have tried to change the wire of the HD but no effect.

The hard disk gets ON and the LED on the hard disk blinks like normal.

Please do suggest any possible solutions ..

And also suggest some data recovery software that works good.

Cheers

Rohit Chopra

A:My computer hangs when I connect external hard disk?

Does the disk have an external power source, or is it just powered through USB?

Also, have you tried turning the laptop off, connecting the drive, and then turning the laptop on?

If the above does not work, test it on another computer, both with plugging it in while the computer is on, and if that does not work, plugging it in while off and turning it on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-hangs-when-i-connect-external-hard-disk.158917/
Relevancy 20.21%

My computer has been messed up for about a year i got a virus from downloading a program called fire letters or something and my computer shut down right after i installed it i turn it back on and found out i can t go on the internet As soon as i try to open internet explorer random down Monitor shut show after won't anything an error message comes up and the browser closes i tried with firefox and the same thing happened I start playing games on my computer and in the middle of playing the computer would shut down randomly not very often and then later unbearably Monitor won't show anything after random shut down often i tried a virus protection software something like norton antivirus for at best buy i would try to scan my computer it would say that it is scanning but the files scanned would always say zero After a while i just gave up on the computer A couple days ago i wanted to try and use it again It didnt shut down randomly but still no internet i used it for about days when after being gone for a while came back and notice it randomly shut down I turn it back on it starts to run for about a minute and shuts down again when it shuts down a red light starts flashing on the monitor I looked up online what i could do about the shutting down problem and someone said overheating and for some reason i thought dust could be the problem i open up my comp and see tons of dust I then use compressed gas duster to blow all the dust out of the computer i i plug everything back in and try to start it the computer starts up i hear the fan lights on keyboard turn on ect but my monitor stays black There is the little red light blinking in the monitor corner i turn off the monitor and then back on i hear the static thing in the back the green light comes on but then right away switches to the blinking red Please help nbsp

A:Monitor won't show anything after random shut down

What are your computers specs? Make and model? Operating system? You may have to reformat the hard drive and re-install Windows fresh, if you can't restore to factory settings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-show-anything-after-random-shut-down.158248/
Relevancy 21.93%

On one rig I got GTS mb and it works flawlesslly However on another machine I got GTS Not 'oh really. so you GTS it crashes, BSOD, Gainward 250 name freezes... great'? gb which Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it earned the quot Piece Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it of sh t quot sticker The issues are usual for the gb model blue Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it screen restart games freeze crash audio loops inifinitely strange psychodelic colorful lines swarm the monitor cubes of various colors do the same And yes it happens in many games and to many people at least according to what I ve found browsing forums As with other people in my case too the issues happen with Bad Company Assassin s creed GTA etc It appears that the problem is with the nV drivers I ve found somewhere that installing a much older version of nVidia graphic drivers solves the issue but I d rather search for help on what to I ve updated BIOS Chipset Audio Lan DirectX nVidia GPU driver is Event Source nv Event ID Minidump files are bellow The error in the Event Viewer appeared on July th EDIT Forgot to mention tha powa is Thermaltek w Forward thanks Kreinzer nbsp

A:Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

If its the 1gb model, just use a 512, you get like .01% less performance. And you could just update to the latest drivers, maybe Nvidia has since fixed the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-gts-250-oh-so-great-not-really-bsod-crashes-freezes-you-name-it.150050/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi CPU Intel Core QUAD Motherboard AsRock x TurboTwins Ram DDR x GB GHz brand Hynix GPU ATI HD PSU Corsair W OS Windows Custom previous screen black in screen after goes blue The (even BIOS) build I installed Civilization and directX as well because I was asked to The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) during the installation After few minutes of being in the game a blue screen popped up I do not know what message was on there I restarted the computer and system recommended to run the fix mode I launched it and after a while I was advised to bring the settings back to the restore point I acknowledged this but then all I saw was a black screen Since then after The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) each restart the screen goes black If I manage to go to BIOS after - seconds the screen goes black I cannot even reinstall Windows Those - seconds in BIOS are The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) enough to check the temperatures on CPU and MB they are around degrees Celsius so overheating is not the problem I connected the monitor with my laptop and it works so monitor is fine There are no loose connections There is no dust and debris - this system is months old Problem might be in the graphics card Several weeks ago the screen used to go grey after playing Fallout for - minutes I disabled the audio on the card and that solved the problem However Windows still indicated that there is something wrong with the GPU on the other hand drivers were up-to-date Can anyone help please Or let me know what you think might be wrong Thanks nbsp

A:The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS)

Since you are having a graphics issue in both the BIOS startup screen and while Windows is open, it does sound like a graphics card problem and not a driver problem. Do you have another graphics card to substitute for test purposes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-screen-goes-black-after-previous-blue-screen-even-in-bios.158751/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey shutdowns now random scanner suffers my fell and from My PC onto first post in need of advice So I knocked my tower over with a left elbow by accident falling off of my desk and onto my scanner My scanner is done for but the tower seemed fine - iTunes didn t skip a beat throughout My PC fell onto my scanner and now suffers from random shutdowns the split-second ordeal Upon its return to the desk the tower seemed fine Then about minutes later it shut down I waited and restarted it and it worked great for the rest of the evening I shut it down before going to bed Now this morning it ran CHKDSK on my Windows-installed drive C It deleted a few corrupt entries and then started normally I logged in and let it do its thing decided to just let it run and came back about minutes later and it was on the quot locked out quot screen I signed back in and everything was fine I opened up My Documents scrolled down and then boom - complete and utter shutdown I should point out that at some point during its construction I must have gotten a wire crossed because it will never ever stay turned off unless I turn the power supply off - if you just shut it down it will turn on after about seconds But this time it stays off And it actually takes about seconds to turn it back on Now I ve noticed that the shutdown only occurs when I try to run processes on it Leaving it idle will net no response but any attempt to open up a browser or program results in immediate shutdown I ve checked out everything with a mini mag light and I ve had to blow a lot of dust off it s really dirty I m lazy and haven t been cleaning it regularly There s also a fair amount of thermal paste on the chip and I m waiting to get some more thermal grease before cleaning it off So I think it could be one or more of three things the C disk is corrupt cracked loose my power supply is shorting or my chip is cracked I wouldn t think that thermal paste would be the complete answer but I imagine if it s heat-related that it has a hand in it Either way I m in need of help And if anyone knows why the never-stays-shut-down thing happens that d be swell too I should also add ASRock motherboard Intel chipset Western Digital blue caviar HDs can t remember the power supply offhand and currently running windows XP nbsp

A:My PC fell onto my scanner and now suffers from random shutdowns

If the CPU has sustained damage it wouldn't work at all.

I'm not really overly sure what the issue is, it sounds software related, but then I can't think of any process that would cause immediate shutdown of the PSU.

It could be heat related, but the computer would freeze from the CPU overheating under load and therefore thermally throttling down to reduce temperature. It wouldn't in my experience "order" the PSU to immediately cut all power, unless this is a safe guard through the motherboard I'm unaware of.

I would check the CPU cooler all the same. Does it still feel rigid on all 4 corners, or does the cooler frame now have play when you rock it side to side? Its possible the impact has dislodged one or more pins holding the cooler to the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-fell-onto-my-scanner-and-now-suffers-from-random-shutdowns.158522/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey all RAID Crashes between to two setup non-system POST 1 disks. array a to Trying I just bought two of these Samsung HD UI drives and I wanted them to contain my miscellaneous files and documents music and videos I have my system partition set up on a Segate Barracuda GB SATA drive My mobo is an ASUS P E I can successfully set the bios to enable the controller and from within the Trying to setup a RAID 1 array between two non-system disks. Crashes to POST controller I can successfully see all three drives and successfully create an array with the two larger drives Trying to setup a RAID 1 array between two non-system disks. Crashes to POST My problem comes when I boot windows after this I am running win professional or business whatever it s called and when the little glowing balls of light that comprise the logo start to rotate around each other my system crashes back to POST No BSOD no error code Just a black screen followed by POST Windows then trys to repair itself unsuccessfully and eventually goes back to POST after failing the repair I removed the array and set the SATA back to enhanced IDE and it works again I also tried the one system drive without the other two drives even connected with the bios setting set to RAID and it also crashed I m guessing there s some conflict between my mobo s raid controller and my windows install Any thoughts EDIT My windows is bit BTW nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-setup-a-raid-1-array-between-two-non-system-disks-crashes-to-post.157786/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, i have a toshiba l300d satellite computer, however It keeps on Crashing at random times "when i mean crashing it as if someone was holding the turn on button" {when there is not} and when i try to turn it on again it will crash again

The only way i can stop this is if i leave it for 30 minuites or so and come back and then restart it, i have checked on many websites and rang toshiba but they could not help me.

If anyone could help please reply

Also when i first purchased the computer the battery lasted for 2 hours or so, and in the last year or so it has been maxed to 15 minuites on its battery i am not sure if this is linked to it but i dont really mind the small battery problem but anyways thankyou.
(also this is a problem with the computer to it is slow o.0)

A:My laptop crashes randomly and often

Shutting down after some period of use could be related to heat. The fact that it comes on after sitting for 30 minutes also points to a heat issue.

The battery life could be normal, rechargeable batteries lose the ability to hold a full charge after so many recharge cycles. You may just need to replace the battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-crashes-randomly-and-often.156406/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a Windows on forever won't Laptop background down, shut hangs screen XP laptop that has been giving me problems recently when Laptop won't shut down, hangs on background screen forever I attempt to shut it down What will usually happen is this I ll try to attach a USB device to one of its ports and it won t recognize it I ll then right click the quot Safely Remove Hardware quot icon from the taskbar to see what it has listed there The quot Safely Remove Hardware quot window never comes up even after waiting several minutes I ll check the task manager and it will say everything s running fine nothing quot not responding quot I ll then shut down the computer which will prompt a window to come up saying that quot rundll quot something-or-other isn t responding and I ll select quot End Task quot which will take me to the log off screen It will hang on the log off screen for several minutes saying it s shutting down and then change to just the background I get when I log in with nothing but a mouse cursor It will stay like this and never shut off Ctrl alt delete does nothing when on this screen I ll eventually have to manually power it off by holding down the power button After that when I turn it back on again it will usually be able to locate the USB device when I plug it in again and will act just fine until the same thing happens later on and I have to go through the process above all over again So is there any reason why this is happening and is there anything I can do about it Any help would be much appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Laptop won't shut down, hangs on background screen forever

Your hard drive may have become corrupted. You may need to try and re-install XP, or have the hard drive replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-shut-down-hangs-on-background-screen-forever.156365/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi I got a new system assembled in September this year Since the last two weeks there is a weird buzzing sound like that of a bee emanating from inside the system at random intervals It lasts for an intervals fan buzzing creates Computer at irritating random sound - seconds and then stops only to occur again Initially I ignored it Computer fan creates an irritating buzzing sound at random intervals But when it continued this way I opened up the CPU while the system was running Now there are two fans inside my CPU a big one mounted vertically at the back kind of like an exhaust fan and a smaller one screwed horizontally on a heat sink processor fan I suppose I discovered that the sound was emanating from the processor fan How did I know Well I waited for the buzzing sound to occur again and when it did I placed a finger on the center of the fan The fan stopped rotating and so did the buzzing sound The fan is screwed on to the heat sink Initially I thought that it might be due to friction fan rubbing against a rough surface So I unscrewed it and took a peek underneath But it seemed fine to me Then I cleaned the fan with a hair dryer It didn t have much of dust anyway as it s just months old I also used the hair dryer to clean the top of the heat sink then screwed the fan back on and started the system It was fine for a couple of minutes and then the buzzing sound materialized once again And this continues to occur at random intervals even now I have experienced noisy computers before and I do understand that it s normal for computers to be slightly noisy due to the cooling fans However this buzzing sound is something new to me Can anyone diagnose this problem and help me get rid of the buzzing sound It gets on my nerves especially at nights while I am surfing My system configuration is as below AMD Athlon II X Processor on MSI GMA-E motherboard with GB Corsair DDR RAM OS is Windows Ultimate Ed bit By the way I had enabled the quot AMD Cool n Quiet quot feature in my BIOS setup a long time ago I have tried disabling it But this did not stop the buzzing sound As this is a brand new system shouldn t the fan be running smoothly I do remember that the heat sink and fan were part of the AMD processor package kit nbsp

A:Computer fan creates an irritating buzzing sound at random intervals

I'd say the fan is defective. I'd just replace it. I doubt it would be worth it to return the CPU, heatsink and fan just to get a new fan but I suppose you could if you wanted to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-fan-creates-an-irritating-buzzing-sound-at-random-intervals.156773/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello, I'm new here.
Long story short, I have Verizon, they can't/won't help me.

I have a verizon 7500 modem/router, connected to my pc and xbox 360 (both wired).
I've been having random internet drops for about 3 weeks now. Verizon tried everything from lowering my speed to sending a tech guy out, nothing helped. All of their line tests say nothing is wrong, which obviously isn't the case.

Can anyone save me from this hell? It would be appreciated greatly.
I've attached my HJT log so take a look.
Thanks.

p.s. I have XP sp3.
My antivirus is Norton 360.
If any other info is needed, just tell me and I'll try and get it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-internet-drops.156645/
Relevancy 18.92%

For a while now, I've been curious to know what the differences are in the Western Digital Caviar Series.
So far as I know, Black is high performance, Green is eco-friendly and slow, but I'm not sure what the Blue series has to offer, other than a lower price tag.
Can anyone clearify what the techinical differences are between Black and Blue? For high performace reasons, I bought the Black series for my tower, but what would I have been missing out on had I gone for the Blue series?

Thanks in advance.

A:Western Digital hard drives: The differences between Black and Blue Series

In theory, the Black is supposed to be the faster drive. In actuality, there isn't much between them. Speed rather depends on platter size and cache - The Black drives are either 32 or 64Mb cache, while the Blue drives top out at 32Mb.
Black drives carry a five year warranty, while Blue drives are three years which is probably of more significance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/western-digital-hard-drives-the-differences-between-black-and-blue-series.155690/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am experiencing blue shadows to the right of objects on my screen, but only some objects. For instance, all of this text has the shadows, as does my cursor over the text box and interactive objects on wepages, but my background image on my desktop and my cursor when over any part of my desktop are not shadowed. File folders and the like do not have the shadows, whereas they seem to appear in all applications. (I just tested pdfs and paint, they've both got the shadows next to all dark spots.)

Any ideas? I don't even know where to start. First noticed this after a restart a few hours ago.

A:Blue shadows, but only for some objects

Try another monitor or try your monitor on another PC to eliminate that as a possibility. However, it sounds like the graphics card is failing. You could try to reinstall or update the graphics driver since it costs nothing to try.

What graphics adapter do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-shadows-but-only-for-some-objects.155139/