Windows Support Forum

Wifi network issue.

Q: Wifi network issue.

Hello,I have notebook HP 240 G3 with Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter. I am using OS Windows 10 64 bit. My problem is,that wifi networks doesn't shown on my laptop. I have to re-install the wifi driver after every boot to make it work, but it works only for that session, after re-boot same problem. Could you please tell me what should i do? Notes:1. UEFI test of wifi module shown passed.2. All drivers are up to date(wifi driver version: 5.0.57.0).3. I've already re-installed window, but no luck. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-network-issue/td-p/5657630
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi network issue.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi my connection to my wifi seems to drop and switches off after 20 mins -

I have checked the wifi drivers and they seem upto date -

Any other checks I can do?

thanks

A:v weird wifi network issue....

Hi lister,

Is this issue happening in your own wireless network?

Do you have the latest router firmware?

From your wireless computer pls. install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector[/URL].
Click on the 'Show Networks' to display all wireless networks on the xirrus icon on your desktop of if you have one running in a corner. Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached it on your next post.

Also, in your computer's Device Manager locate your Wi-Fi adapter right click on it choose properties. Disable any Power Savings Mode in Power Management.

Please post an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/144762-v-weird-wifi-network-issue.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Yesterday my WiFi went out and I am trying to figure out why Short summary Windows never had any connectivity issues Landlord has the router Fios I have an Optimum Cable account if I need a WiFi back up or WiFi on the go The hardware WiFi to network issue: Connect Can't this to connect to WiFi are http www amazon com gp product WiFi issue: Can't Connect to this network B WXSO psc WiFi issue: Can't Connect to this network amp redirect true amp ref oh aui detailpage o s http www amazon com gp product B GR YI psc amp redirect true amp ref oh aui detailpage o s primary adapter I have had the two adapter set up for a while now and never had an issue with conflicting hardware issues I have used the Fios router ever since I moved in the place using both Windows and with no issues However now I cannot connect to either the Fios and Optimum accounts anymore I have disabled all adapters and enabled one at a time nothing I have uninstalled all adapters rebooted the PC and reinstalled nothing I have physically taken the adapter out of the PC and reinserted the card nothing I have moved the antenna adapter to different USB slots nothing I do not have access to the Fios router so I cannot to a hard reset I do not have an ethernet connection I did not receive any Avast alerts at all before or after the disconnect Landlord said he did not change any of the Fios settings including the passcode I am at work and will not be able to do any fixes until I get home tonight I have run out of ideas Whe I get home I will run a visus scan and Malware Bytes scan just to be certain but I find it odd that both adapter will not allow me to connect anymore Edit Just found this thread and will post my results in the morning https forums techguy org threads cant-connect-to-this-network I also use both the Windows and Avast firewall They have never conflicted before and I have not had any issues with them running nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I am having an issue at my place of work with a laptop Background information We Windows (WIFI involved) network issue have an MPLS network between each office so we are on the same network Each office has a Server Domain Controller Windows network issue (WIFI involved) that runs a DHCP server providing that office with IP addresses So one office has a x Windows network issue (WIFI involved) IP and another office may have a x IP We have static Windows network issue (WIFI involved) persistent routes setup on the domain controllers in each office to force anything going to the other xx xx office to go out the MPLS router address of xx Every office has a variety of Linksys WRT G model routers all setup the same for SSID wireless security and such and are just used as access points instead of routers My problem is that I sent a laptop from the x network over to the x network and am unable to ping said laptop Cannot ping from that offices Domain Controller or my machine I cannot ping the netbios name or the IP address I looked in the Windows DHCP server Address Leases and that laptop has a record and an IP The logged in user is only a Domain User so they cannot run ipconfig release or renew or repair their wifi connection The user is however able to connect to our terminal server in another office the one I am trying to ping from just fine I have done the following to try resolving this issue Reboot the machine Disable Re-Enable the wifi on this Dell laptop using FN F Run ipconfig flushdns then reboot There is no firewall between the offices on the MPLS network There is no Windows firewall enabled on the wireless adapter Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-network-issue-wifi-involved.721940/
Relevancy 57.19%

Product name : HP Pavilion Notebook - 14-n201TX    Operating System : Windows 8.1 Using mobile access point i'm trying to connect to the internet in Laptop. After the Device is connected  it is showing as "The connection is limited" so not able to connect to inernet. In Network and charing centre also device is present but "No internet access" message is shown above. Currently the network driver is Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter. I tried with other network adapters present, but no luck.  Please help me to solve this issue.

A:Limited access Wifi network connectivity issue in HP pavilio...

Hello sanchi, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that your notebook is having difficulty connecting to your wireless network, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter! Since you have attempted to connect with different network adaptors, I recommend following this document on Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8). This should help re-establish the connection between your notebook and the network. For further assistance, I will need to know:The model of the router you are attempting to connect to.How far away this router is from your notebook.If this is a recent, or on-going issue.Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!Regards  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Limited-access-Wifi-network-connectivity-issue-in-HP/td-p/4067304
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi there I recently had to replace my laptop due to some accidental and have now been given a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook It s the second one I ve had as the first gave up the ghost My problem is that I have an existing Wifi network with a wireless desktop PC network new working issue on Renewing address and WiFI exisiting for IP laptop a wireless work laptop and a Linksys Wireless Ethernet bridge for my PS used to use it with the work laptop My ADSL router is a Linksys All works fine for the other PCs but my new laptop just won t connect to Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network the internet The error message saying cannot renew IP address I had the same problem with the first replacement Lifebook I Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network think I solved it by updating the Firmware on the router There haven t been any new firmware updates and this is the same model as the previous laptop Using WEP encryption rather than WPA as can t seem to get the right firmware for the bridge I m now stuck Can anyone help Cheers nbsp

A:Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/renewing-ip-address-issue-for-new-laptop-on-exisiting-and-working-wifi-network.677966/
Relevancy 50.74%

When i was using windows 8 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But i updated to windows 8.1 and now when am downloading something the wifi gets disconnected and wont show the network even if the router is on and my phone is still connected to it.I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.Is this because of the adapter or driver and my laptop has a ralink wifi adapter.What should i do?Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 wifi issue ralink wifi adapter and envy 15t j001...

Goutham, Welcome to the HP Forum. You might try the following Ralink driver for Windows 8.1 :sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1 [Devices] (Hardware Ids)PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3592="Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090="Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539A="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290="Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7630="Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter "Your computer's webpage does show a few drivers for Windows 8.1:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j001tx Notebook PC Drivers  Hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? to the HP Experts who are here to help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-wifi-issue-ralink-wifi-adapter-and-envy-15t/td-p/3117459
Relevancy 50.31%

I upgraded my friends HP laptop to Windows The issue now is I can't enable Wifi The card is recognized correctly in Device manager and no issues is found with it It looks like it is fine However in the Network Settings WLAN is set to quot Off quot and when I try to turn it on it always jumps right back to off eg I can't enable it HP is now help as they clearly state enable Upgrade Win10 after WiFi Can't Issue: Dreaded WiFi any laptop bought prior to specific date in will not get any driver updates from their side for windows Guys never buy HP again please And updating through device manager only tells me it's the newest driver available The Wifi card i Broadcom GN card I searched for win drivers but did not find anything They only offer linux drivers on their homepage So can anyone either provide a solution to the issue or link to a win ' driver for this wifi card

A:Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade

I had a similar issue were I was stuck in Aeroplane mode on a cleanly installed W10. Turned out I had to uninstall it from the HID's in Device manager. It's worth checking that he's not stuck in it too. Search for drivers in Windows 7, from the HP website and you'll most likely resolve the issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42424-dreaded-win10-wifi-issue-cant-enable-wifi-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have issues connecting home specific to my issue and wifi Wifi laptop my Laptop to the Wifi router in my house however there are no issues connecting to other routers You would therefore assume that the issue lies with Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi the router at my house However every other device and laptop connects to the router at my house with no issues at all So it seems to be specific to the combination of my laptop and the router at my house I have been having these issues ever since I downloaded Windows I fixed it initially by downloading an old driver for the Wifi on my laptop This fix lasted for about months but since the latest windows update the issue has come back The issue is intermittent wifi where it shows I Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi am connected to the Wifi but then the internet doesn't work It says quot DNS probe cannot be found quot when running troubleshooter and then it resets the wifi on my laptop This can temporalily fix it sometimes for seconds Sometimes for hours But then the issue comes back Does anyone have any clue what the issue might be or how I might fix it Sometimes when I run the troubleshooter it says that I have missing protocols But then this doesn't happen every time I have tried a variety of fixes that I have read up on Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi in forums but none seem to work permantly One thing I haven't tried is a clean install of windows which is something I am very reluctant to do and also have my doubts as to whether it would actually resolve the issue Many thanks Joe

A:Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi

It all depends on location, location, location. Some Gateways are just garbage. If you are not getting a strong enough signal, get an Access Point. Also you need to make sure that you are not on a congested channel, which is usually Channels 6 & 11 for 2.4 Ghz units.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44081-wifi-issue-specific-my-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,                                     We are a group of students in an university from Argentina. We get  HP nootebooks to make a laboratory. But we have a big problem with the low WIFI signal. We found a post were the issue is solved the with the same model: HP 240 G4: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Drivers-Needed-for-HP-240-g4-328T... Our problem is that the URL is not avialable anymore for download the driver. We tried to contact to HP support or Paul Tikkanen but we dont have any responses yet.   PLEASE HELP US!!!THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!Juan from Universidad Nacional de La Matanza Buenos Aires Argentina

A:WIFI Drivers Needed for HP 240 g4 - wifi issue not getting c...

Hi: It appears that HP has removed that driver I posted from the support site. See if this one works for you... This package provides the Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter. Released: Mar 16, 2016Version 7.35.344.0 Rev.A File name: sp75249.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Drivers-Needed-for-HP-240-g4-wifi-issue-not-getting/td-p/5622667
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi HP forum, I have recently bought HP 15-ac650TU model laptop, I am using Ubuntu 14.04, from the first day I am facing issues with wifi, below are my issues. wifi signal is weak (always shows 2 points)wifi is disconnecting after sometime, reboot is required to connect to wifi againUnable to find other wifi device list only my wifi device is shownwifi is not connected if my laptop is not near to wifi router, only connected when my laptop near to wifi routerPlease advise me to resolve these wifi issues Thanks in advance -Sankar

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-issue-WiFi-is-disconnected-in-between/td-p/5769317
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

A:Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 46.01%

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end.  It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection.  I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes.  This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device.  The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use.  Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm building a subscription wifi network for our area.

Cisco Aironet 1550 series: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps11451/data_sheet_c78-641373.html
Proxim Orinocor series: http://www.proxim.com/products/enterprise-wireless-lan-wi-fi-mesh/orinocor-wi-fi-mesh-series

The Proxim seems like the better product, and sells for a bit less.

Will I need to purchase anything else besides several of these for the network? I'm assuming the 'home' router connects to a PC (or the PC via the gateway address) for managing the network.

Thanks allot for your insight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wimax-network-creating-a-subscription-network.1011867/
Relevancy 45.58%

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

A:Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 44.72%

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn't find on a search.

I have a small secured network in my office with a modem/router networking three computers wirelessly. I would like to add another router that would allow clients in the waiting room of my office to have internet access. Could you assist me in a setup or map? I already have a wireless Linksys router available to use as the second router.

Thank You

A:Adding Wifi Network to an Already Secured Network

Are those in the waiting room to be allowed into OR forbidden access to your Lan systems?

You already have

Code:
modem---router----your.lan.systems
to Isolate the W.R from your lan, connect

Code:

modem---router----your.lan.systems (assumed 192.168.1.x or 0.x)
|
+---new router (new channel+ssid+no encryption)
set LAN addresses and DHCP for 192.168.10.x

add firewall rule to ALL your existing LAN systems to deny src address range=192.168.10.0 thru 10.255

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-network-to-an-already-secured-network.118448/
Relevancy 44.72%

I Bought Pavilion -ab tx available ... Wifi every and network shows no access network no one and half month ago and it started having this problem weeks after buying Wifi suddenly disconnects and then it shows no networks available even when there are many Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks available Mobile phone always show that they are available nbsp nbsp Wireless card nbsp Realtek RTL BE RTL EE b g n OS - Windows -bit nbsp I have tried everything to solve this System restore Recovery Updating BIOS Reseting using CMD updating wireless driver rolling back the driver to initial one But nothing has helped yet It shows the network is available if I'm sitting next to modem Then also it doesn't show other Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... wifi Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks around my home that my phone does nbsp nbsp Now obviously laptop's wifi is supposed to be better than the mobile phone's wifi but its just the opposite here The problem might be here that it loses its strength every now and then but whatever it is I'm terribly disappointed in the product that I've bought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-shows-no-network-available-and-no-network-access-every/td-p/5674339
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys,

I am having two issues with my laptop.

1.  When my laptop is running on battery (no matter which power option I choose) the screen will go black or flicker if I stop moving my mouse.  The moment I move it goes back to being fine but if I let go it flickers.

2.  When I put my computer to sleep and then turn it back on later, the wireless card just stops working.  I get a red x on the wifi icon in my toolbar and it will not show any networks, even if I  Disable/Re-enable the wireless card.

I have already deleted the graphic card drivers and wireless drivers and reinstalled. My laptop is has a dedicated graphic card but it also uses the onboard graphic card.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

A:DIsplay issue and Wifi issue

Make and model of the computer ?

You say 'mouse'. Do you mean a USB or wireless mouse or are you referring to the track pad ?

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598945/display-issue-and-wifi-issue/
Relevancy 43%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 42.57%

Ever since I bought my new laptop I've been encountering a problem. I bring the laptop home and it works perfectly fine. Anywhere else? Perfectly fine. Girlfriends house? Absolutely refuses to connect. When we reset the router the laptop connects but then after about 15 minutes it disconnects and gets stuck in this endless identifying../unidentified/no connection loop. Everything else connects to the WiFi without a hitch and never disconnects. The connection is excellent and the router is in good condition. It is a Asus Zenbook and it won't work.

I really need help and I would really appreciate it. I don't know what other information I need to provide so just tell me what more you'd need and I will provide it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-issue.1136363/
Relevancy 42.57%

Unable to install wifi driver in my pc,After installation i cannot see wiffi driver in control panel and in network adapters....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Issue/td-p/5724070
Relevancy 42.57%

I installed graphics & usb driver.but my wifi strength is very poor.if i place my laptop near to the router then also it didnt improve.Can anyone tell me which drivers are mandatory fr install

A:wifi issue

Hi, Would you please go to below link and find the suitable WLAN card driver? Thanks. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-ay000-notebook-pc-series/10862300/model/115438... I am an HP employee.The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of me, not of HP.Kudos are appreciated if I have helped you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-issue/td-p/5774368
Relevancy 42.57%

Dear All surprised My windows update working ok after windows repair but store App gave error code x efd Then I issue WiFi contacted MS Support The Lady was WiFi issue very much helpful phone no she called me up times in two days and also with remote assistance she tried her best Lastly she requested me to switch over to USB NET dongle in place of wifi quot Great quot it works perfectly So its network problem with wifi router it required to be upgraded or to be compatible with win I request you all to first check yr system with other internet option preferably USB dongle hope to resolve my wifi router setting and other issue any one know about it pl help my wifi router is TP-LINK TL WR VER I have already tried by upgrading the same with online upgrading driver with the process given by TP LINK I might have to change the router if it does not solve thanks all

A:WiFi issue

Common sense tells me it's not a problem with the router, its an issue with the WIFI adapter in your PC. If it was a problem with the router the other WIFI dongle wouldn't have worked? It's the first I've ever heard of a router not being compatible with an OS. It's standard networking protocols between the Router and your WIFI card so I'm doubtful its the router. In any case it will be a firmware update for that not a driver update. I'm no networking expert so I'll leave any further comments to those that know all the ins and outs.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/48712-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

SirI had an issue regarding WiFi i.e my laptop does not connect with my wifi (Router), so I called your customer care toll free number and logged in 3 cases already I.e 1st Case Id-4777828830 on 23/09/2016, 2nd Case Id-4777960893 on 27/09/2016 and 3rd Case Id-4778059525 on 29/09/2016 but unfortunately my case has not resolved till now, sir I am student and Internet connection is vary essential for me, please do it immediately and resolve my problem as soon as possible kindly...Thanking you,RegardsRAJESH

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-Issue/td-p/5787562
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all,

I have two laptops one is HP 630 using win-7 64-bit OS and one more Dell XPS win-7 64-bit OS.
I have wired internet connection i connected one laptop wired internet connection both laptops we configured wifi ahoc connection but wifi showing limited connectivity...

pls help me....

"limited connectivity" is simply Microsoft's way of saying, "you may not have internet access." And, of course, with simply an ad-hoc wireless between two computers you do not have internet access. Do you have a problem, and if so what is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-issue.1044047/
Relevancy 42.57%

I own a Toshiba Satellite laptop I think its a L windows vista I recently bought this laptop here http www currys co uk gbuk hp-pavilion-g - ea- - -laptop-silver- -pdt html I live in a ski resort in the French Alps and the wifi here isn t particular good here the hotspot I use generally struggles when enough people are using it issue. Wifi Its is common on my old laptop the toshiba to lose connection for a short period of time however generally it works well However my new laptop cannot seem to hold the connection anywhere near as well even when I use it at a time when I know the connection is Wifi issue. good because it works on my old one my new one will connect have access for seconds or so then browsing will stop the internet access sign on the toolbar stays and sometimes other programs seem to work too like Skype receiving messages while I still cannot browse Once I could not browse but had a youtube window open and it was still streaming Any idea why a laptop I bought around years ago maybe more is outperforming a brand new one Just wondering if there is a way to help it hold the connection like my toshiba Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Does hp 15-ba007AU has wifi,can i connect with an router and where did i get the drivers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-issue/td-p/5703347
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi
Please help me out.. my laptop is not showing wifi options so that i am not able to connect.. so please help me out

1. Most modern laptops have a button that can turn on and off the Wi-Fi on your computer as a security feature. Make sure your Wi-Fi is turned on by looking at any button or status light indicator. Typically, the light will be either blue or green when enabled.
2. Verify the wireless connection is enabled
3. Verify that the SSID and security key are correct.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/391573-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

ok... twice in the space of 20 minutes I've had my wireless crap out.

its not the fios router/modem/access point, as I immediately checked my nook color and nintendo 3ds, both wireless ONLY devices and confirmed active and stable connections....

I've taken screenshots as of the last unplanned crapout as they're displayed in the windows event viewer...(one was me switching the wireless off then back on to force a reset)

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/296764-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

When turning on my laptop for the first time after been off the wifi does not connect nor can I manually connect. It will not show any available networks. The only possible way to connect to wifi is if I "restart" the laptop and then it automatically connects itself. I've had this issue in the past with a desktop about 20 years ago but unfortunately can't remember what I do to solve the issue. This has been doing this since day one when I purchased the laptop 3 months ago. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-issue/td-p/5735832
Relevancy 42.57%

our college wi-fi requires individual password. after putting my password it should be connected through apps like psiphon or hotspot shield. but in my phone (lumia730) it is not asking for password....it is directly connecting to wifi network...without
putting password we cannot be able to browse....so please help me on this.......

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/55df3984-70df-42de-8658-8f8d2ed2f1e6/wifi-issue?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 42.57%

whenever i surf the internet, i get several dns errors which never gets fixed by troubleshooting. i have tried contacting the service centre but all they do is reinstall windows and all m files are gone each time they do it! i have been there for more than 5 times but no solution has been found and its almost 6 months today since i have purchased this laptop. i am facing this problem since the very first day i got this laptop. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT! REALLY ANNOYED WITH THIS ISSUE

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-issue/td-p/5641702
Relevancy 42.57%

my wifi signal range is very low, it does not shows any local area wifi networks and has low signal strength when on mobile hotspots. I have tried troubleshooting this problem but it didnt fix it.Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-issue/td-p/5732360
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello, sorry for the noob type question, but I am having a major issue with my home network. I just purchased a win 7 64 bit home prem laptop and it will not connect to my router for wifi unless I unplug and replug in my router. After this it works fine until I turn off the laptop. Then I have to start the process over again to reconnect. My laptop is an acer the router a new belkin with network drive support. Also it will not let me connect to said media drive on this router. When I try the router crashes and I have to power cycle the router again. The router is supposed to be window 7 compliant. All my other wifi devices work great and I had no network issues until I bought this laptop. Thank you for all your responses in advance.

A:win 7 64 bit wifi issue

Welcome to Seven Forums!

This could be a firmware issue. First place to start is to review firmware in both the router and the drivers for the wireless adapter in the laptop. Make sure everything's up to snuff.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80292-win-7-64-bit-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I been having problems with my WIFI connection at times.  When I am on a WIFI at a long length of time, I occasionally get cut off the internet.  When I look at the connection. I get an "Internet Limited" with no internet connection.  I have to disconnect and reconnect WIFI connection to get the  internet back.  I tried updating hardware drivers to see if that help but it didn't help.  This issue is very frustating.   Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-issue/td-p/5761986
Relevancy 42.57%

So for a while i ve been using a PCI g wifi issue USB wifi card Then this morning when my hdd drive failed i decided to also upgrade my wifi to a USB TP Link mbs usb wifi stick Windows installed fine and I installed all relevant drivers Initially I had put the the wifi into a usb port It connected fine and ran brilliantly downloading mb s for about minutes USB wifi issue before then saying it had limited connectivity trouble shooter said default gateway not found and fixed it Only for it to repeatedly have the same error working USB wifi issue for a little while then back to limited connectivity I tried re-installing the driver setting a manual IP restarting the router and installing windows updates None of them have worked It also works perfectly fine with an ethernet cable although I am unable to run a cable to where the pc is normally On the off chance I decided to try putting it into a USB slot Lo and behold the connection is fine Or at least it appears to be Whilst it does not lose connection it is only working at a throttled pace less than mb s normally but peaked at mb s My mouse and keyboard both work fine in the usb slots i have nothing else to test with it and all drivers are up to date Does anyone know how to fix either issue IPCONFIG all in usb slot Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Aaron-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -D - - E- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address E - -F - A-EF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f b fb a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August Lease Expires August Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- E- - -E - -F - A-EF- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap AF FE-ADD - - E - E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb c d f fffd Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c d f fffd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap F DE E- DD - EFF- A A- B F FFD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Aaron gt in usb slot NB i changed my pc name in case router was getting confused with my pc before I put in the new hdd windows Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name lmtusb Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address E - -F - A-EF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f a a ba Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August Lease Expires August Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- E- - -E - -F - A-EF- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -D - - E- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F BC- F - A- F C- A FAF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoc... Read more

A:USB wifi issue

Hi awalker88 and welcome to TSG.

The IPCONFIG /ALL info looks fine to me.

With the TP-Link adapter in a USB 2.0 port go into Device Manager and find the TP-Link entry (probably under Network adapters) right-click it > Properties > Power Management tab and untick the 'Allow the computer to turn off ...' box > Ok

See if that stops it dropping the connection and let us know please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-wifi-issue.1131596/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello

I was using My Wifi Router v3.00 on my HP Probook 450 G1 since last week on Windows 7. After upgraded to Windows 10 the software says "reactivating" but never being Activated // It also says the Wifi device of my laptop is not supported !!!!

is it a driver issue ?
how to resolve this problem ?

please help experts !!!

regards

manzurul

A:Wifi issue

More than likely it is a driver issue. Go to HP(s) support site and look for a Windows 10 driver for your laptop/probook...from another computer and see if they have an updated driver. If so, download it to a usb stick and then install it on the laptop with the issue. Hope this helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58255-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I also have the same issue , even though my router is near to the laptop it shows less strength. This also leads to fluctuation of speed in large amounts.

A:Re: wifi issue

Hi @MakQ, Thank you for the inquiry. I will do my best to assist you.  I understand you also have an issue with your wireless having a weak signal. To help us to help you, it is important to include your precise model of HP notebook and your operating system.  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  Being too close to a router can also affect the signal strength due to the direction of the signal being sent. If you move farther away is there any change? Please review this post by @Great-Deku Tree as I think it may help resolve this difficulty. Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues. Please let me know the results. Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution?  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the ?Thumbs Up Icon? below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Re-wifi-issue/td-p/5807780
Relevancy 42.57%

Dell Vostro laptop running XP Home. Having an issue with wireless connectivity. I'm using Wireless Zero. "View available wireless networks" shows none, yet I can sometimes connect to my home network (even when I am able to connect, it stillshows no networks available). But even when it shows I'm connected, I can't connect to any websites. I have already replaced the wireless adapter. What can I do?

A:WiFi Issue

Does it connect if you hook it up direct?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-issue.1012356/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'd like to start by mentioning, I'm computer challenged. I am not up to any of your computer knowledge, PLEASE be patient.
I received an ipad for my Birthday, 3 weeks ago. I haven't been able to use it yet.
I purchased 2 wireless routers, being told a monkey could install them. This monkey returned the 1st- it HAD to be defective, wouldn't work. My newest is a Linksys E2000. After speaking with my internet provider, connection is fine. So, I called Linksys. The customer service said I don't have wifi capability. Why?? I just had this computer upgraded with windows 7, all new drivers and paid $400.00!!! How do I determine if this is correct and if it is, how do I fix the problem? When I hook up the wireless routers, it does state my computer doesn't have wifi. What are my options?? Thank you SO much!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by vendacat

I'd like to start by mentioning, I'm computer challenged. I am not up to any of your computer knowledge, PLEASE be patient.
I received an ipad for my Birthday, 3 weeks ago. I haven't been able to use it yet.
I purchased 2 wireless routers, being told a monkey could install them. This monkey returned the 1st- it HAD to be defective, wouldn't work. My newest is a Linksys E2000. After speaking with my internet provider, connection is fine. So, I called Linksys. The customer service said I don't have wifi capability. Why?? I just had this computer upgraded with windows 7, all new drivers and paid $400.00!!! How do I determine if this is correct and if it is, how do I fix the problem? When I hook up the wireless routers, it does state my computer doesn't have wifi. What are my options?? Thank you SO much!!!

Ok we need some more info

First your system specs, and network setup.
is the network like this

from ISP>>>>>>>router>>>>wifi>>>>>>computer
>>>>>>Ipad

Let us know
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/145880-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My wifi was workin well until there was update by HP. After that I am not able to view my wifi but can see all other wifi name.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-issue/td-p/5610800
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi E5-571P issue wifi nbsp Since a few days I had this annoying problem with my laptop E - P even though I could get access to the network I couldn't get a wifi internet connection All other computers and phones in the house could except my laptop When I ran the troubleshooter it said ''this computer switches constantly between routers or wireless access points'' it might not be exactly the same words in english - I'm translating from french and ''excessive roaming'' This is the latest message E5-571P wifi issue I got before it suddenly worked again after I rebooted the router which worked once the day before but only for a E5-571P wifi issue few hours until E5-571P wifi issue I lost the connexion again Though I also got somes previous messages like ''one or more protocols are absent on this PC'' or something like ''Winsock'' errors I tried EVERYTHING from Windows help and a lot of things in the Command Prompt admin Anyway now it works but I don't know if the problem is solved and if I am gonna lose the internet connexion again for an indefinite period Can anyone help me with that It would be really appreciated Thanks

A:E5-571P wifi issue

Hi. I am having the same problem with my E5-571P laptop last week. I did a search for answers online on another device. One worked eventually, but they're not working for me today. Apparently it has something to do with Win 10 updates and anti-virus software being not compatible.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-571P-wifi-issue/td-p/412353/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello.

I am i looking for some assistance with my WiFi printer. I have an epson wp-4025 which states that it is connected to my router on ip 192.168.1.5. I cannot connect to the printer status ip page and cannot print to the printer wirelessly. I had it working briefly the other day but the web browser no longer allows me to open the ip address page? and windows cannot discover the printer with a manual tcp/ip port entry.
I have pinged the address and recieved confirmation packets have been sent and recieved.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-wifi-printer-issue.1063339/
Relevancy 42.14%

I sold my old Dell laptop and purchased the CB3-111-C6NE Chromebook. I am not getting proper internet speed on my Chromebook. I am using this Huawei modem https://www.acanac.com/blog/hardware/huawei-mt130u/ and this Linksys router https://www.amazon.ca/Linksys-Canada-EA6100-CA-Router-Ethernet/dp/B00N70OXQC/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid.... I was getting 10Mbps speed on my dell laptop whereas, on the Chromebook, I just have 6-8Mbps. I called up tech support team from Acanac. They had a look and told me that it was the issue with my Chromebook. Is anyone having such an issue?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/WIfi-Issue-with-CB3-111-C6NE/td-p/434709
Relevancy 42.14%

Okay, recently, my laptop only, is disconnecting from the router, no over laptop or PC is disconnecting and is staying connected all the time. Although mine keeps diconnecting every 20-odd minutes. I've changed channels, reset router - it's my laptop if no other laptop or anything is diconnecting

my laptop is: Dell Inspirion 1721

router is:
netgear N model: WNDR3300

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I got my new P50s last week and have been having wifi issue. The issue doesn't go away until I disconnect/re-connect the wifi. During the problem, I can't go to any website. Using cmd ping, it says "Request timed out". I tried to flush dns, installed latest driver from Intel / Lenovo but none have solved the problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50s-Wifi-issue/td-p/3329424
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, I had a win 7 crash that could be fixed only by reinstalling the entire program, wiping out all my prior info. Sigh. At any rate, when I got it back up and was going to reinstall favored programs, my Wifi was gone. The computer did not have any wifi at all. Only acknowledged wired. I got a ethernet cord out and hardwired it and went online to get and install a virus protection program and for grins and giggles, downloaded Windows 10. Voila! My wifi was back as if it never left. I got annoyed w Win 10 as it wouldn't let me read some of my "older" books that required (obviously) outdated programs. So, I uninstalled it, b/c really- who wants to repurchase stuff? Now my wifi is gone again and I am back to hardwired to try and figure out what in the sam hill is going on. Any ideas?

A:Win7 vs Wifi Issue

and welcome to the Forum

You probably only need to download and install the drivers for the wireless card from the manufacturers support site.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-vs-wifi-issue-1077090.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Pc info
Version: 1511
Processor: AMD A-105750M APU with Radeon
64 bit
------
This morning I logged on to my computerand noticed my wifi was not working. It says that the wifi is connected but there is no internet access. I have spent 3 hours scouring threads and watching videos on my phone to try to fix this to no avail. I have tried reverting back to windows 8.1 but it will not let me. For the love of god please help?

A:Another Windows 10 wifi issue

Welcome to the forum!

Rebooted router?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35332-another-windows-10-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I've been using Windows 7 x64 RTM for about a week now, and all I can say is: ARGHHHH!!!

Sleep/Hybrid/Hibernation always screws up my WiFi connections, when I wake it from Sleep, my connection ALWAYS drops and attempts to reconnect, then I force it to connect and it either doesn't or connects then drops and reconnects over and over and over again, then I have to manually disable the adapter and renable it to connect 100% and STAY connected until it goes to Sleep.

I start the computer FRESH from power button and my connection is either, remembered, or the Configure settings forgets that I checked the "Connect automatically when this network is in range". So I'm forced to manually connect upon startup.

I've tried both official Atheros driver for Vista x64 and the Windows provided Atheros driver from June 2009 for 7. They both do the same crap.

I really hope Microsoft gets something out to fix this...

A:Windows 7 x64 WiFi Issue.

Quote: Originally Posted by AlexT2889

I've been using Windows 7 x64 RTM for about a week now, and all I can say is: ARGHHHH!!!

Sleep/Hybrid/Hibernation always screws up my WiFi connections, when I wake it from Sleep, my connection ALWAYS drops and attempts to reconnect, then I force it to connect and it either doesn't or connects then drops and reconnects over and over and over again, then I have to manually disable the adapter and renable it to connect 100% and STAY connected until it goes to Sleep.

I start the computer FRESH from power button and my connection is either, remembered, or the Configure settings forgets that I checked the "Connect automatically when this network is in range". So I'm forced to manually connect upon startup.

I've tried both official Atheros driver for Vista x64 and the Windows provided Atheros driver from June 2009 for 7. They both do the same crap.

I really hope Microsoft gets something out to fix this...

Do you have more than one computer on your network?
If so, it could be that they are competing for the same IP address.
Set the IP to a fixed address you're sure is free.

Also, check if it isn't trying to connect to your neighbor's network.
Happens sometimes if your neighbor's output is higher than your own.
You can solve this by making your own network the preferred or only one it can connect to.

In the powercfg, disable the hybrid.

Make sure in the Bios only S3 standby is enabled not S1 or S1+S3.

If none of these solutions work, post back.

edit: You can also try to change the transmit channel of your router. It has 13 channels.
If your neighbor uses the same channel, they might interfere.

Greetz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/19262-windows-7-x64-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hope someone can help, or shed some light on this problem.

Basically I recently bought a WIFI dongle to use in my desktop tower PC running Windows 7.

My Router (Netgear DGN2000) is downstairs but shows up on my wirless access points list with 4 bars. I am able to connect but after a few minutes it randomly loses the connection and in most cases fails to see the router again for some time. I then reconnect and the same thing happens again.

I can connect using my Ipod, phone and Laptop in the same room with no drops in the connection.

So I'm wondering if this is an issue with the dongle or Windows 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:WIFI Connection Issue...

I've seen a lot a issues similar to yours in the Networking Forum, Matski. So it may be a problem with the WiFi connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-issue.883859/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys, I just got a new Y700 17in with an Intel AC 8260. I connected it to my Netgear Nighthawk R7000 but I am only getting 54mbps on 5GHZ. I have researched this to death and I can't really find out way it is only getting 54mbps. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Y700-17 wifi issue

Issue fixed. Turned out to be a router setting issue. Please close

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-17-wifi-issue/td-p/2225188
Relevancy 42.14%

Please help me as i am unable to connect wifi normally. Whenever i want to connect my wifi i have to fight with my computer for atlest 1/2 hour. For some time it shows my network in network list and after selecting and pasword it throws an error can't connect to network. At this point my wifi compltely turning off. Sometimes it luckyly connects, but dropps in middle. I tried installing latest driver software from 'HP Support Assistance', uninstalled installed it many times. But no use. Other devices working with my network are connecting smoothly. Please help me resolving this issue. Thanks in Advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Wifi Connectivity Issue

I don't know the correct reason why my laptop was not connecting througb wifi. but it was solved automatically when my upgraed my os from 8.1 to windows 10.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Connectivity-Issue/td-p/5483346
Relevancy 42.14%

All of a sudden I get "your device does not support Miracast" and wifi is gone !

I don't want Miracast.

Acer Laptop;was win 7 on it had upgraded to W 10 Pro and was using wifi until now ?

A:Wifi not possible :Miracast issue

Miracast is something used for a Wireless Display and possibly the Intel WiDi is involved. You might check the Notifications area and select "Project" to see if anything there is set incorrectly. The "Connect to a Wireless Display" may have some setting you could change, if you have that option.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38475-wifi-not-possible-miracast-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello friends,
I am hoping that someone here can help me. I have an HP notebook, 655 I believe. I am trying to fix it for a friend. She has been having a problem getting online since updating to windows 8.1. (64 bit)
I have tried the fixes here: http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2013/10/how-to-fix-limited...
The first command returns resetting failed. Access denied.
I went into netsh.exe and gave my user not trustedinstaller ownership. and then gave all users full control. Still same result. I have also tried the other fixes on that site.
I also updated the wi fi adapter to the newest driver from HP website.
Qualcom athereos ar9485 802.11b/g/n is the adapter.
I can provide any other information needed.
I also cannot even use a cat6 cable to get connection

A:Not quite the normal 8.1 wifi issue.

I also cannot even use a cat6 cable to get connection

this would lead me to believe the problem is with the internet connection/router itself,

try the computer at another location, with a different router/internet connection

try resetting your router back to default settings

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583071/not-quite-the-normal-81-wifi-issue/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi - i m a newbie to this forum i m currently supporting a voluntary organisation who has an issue with there current WIFI Issue Networking network setup Basically they have two offices on site ft distance between and there is no way of WIFI Networking Issue direct cable Each building has two floors - one building contains the router that handles the internet and network printer the other building has a Netgear range extender We have a network printer that we need to network in the building that contains the Netgear range extender - so we are thinking about buying a switch and connecting it to the range extender - but we have noticed that the Netgear range extender has one RJ LAN port which is connected to a WIFI booster - and what i want to do is unplug the WIFI booster that plugs into the Netgear range extender and plug in a port switch that i m thinking of purchasing But if i unplug the WIFI Booster the signal drops completely - Does anyone know of a solution to my problem is there a better WIFI Range extender i can purchase or is there a range extender i can purchase that has more than one lan port or is there another solution to my problem Thanks in advance Peter nbsp

A:WIFI Networking Issue

What is the model number on the Range Extender you are using? Is there a wireless router in mix anywhere?

What I would do is get a wireless router with 4 port switch (one unit, I have a linksys, but you can get a netgear if you want, really no difference) and a 7 or 9 dbi antenna to attach to it (this should give you a big enough signal to reach the other building completely). And a wireless bridge in the next building over connecting to the wireless router (some wireless routers have bridged mode you just have to check) so that you can have wired components (i.e. your printer) connected to the network. I would also put WEP key or WPA encryption on your network since with a big antenna you will be broadcasting a bigger signal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-networking-issue.556108/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all.

Firstly I'd like to say what a great forum! I am glad I found this place, and hoping you can assist me with some issues.

This started the other day when my computer had turned itself off after being on all day. The wifi has stopped working.

Naturally I went into the control panel and re-enabled it, soon after the system BSOD and re-booted.

Now every time I try to get the laptop to communicate with the adaptor it BSOD's.

I have the information you guys need below, hope you can help!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: D06DD90D
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 82FF73B4
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Adaptor is an Atheros AR5007EG.

I have enclosed the minidump zip as per the posting instructions.

Any help is MUCH apreciated!

it is running driver 7.7.0.288 - 22/04/2009.

A:BSOD - Possible Wifi Issue

Hey Scott,

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you here as well.

Is the driver up to date? Check on the companies website, as they may have released an update. Also, are you up to date with the windows 7 updates?

And when you say that your computer automatically shut down, why? Did it run a scan then shutdown? Or was it an unexplained shutdown.

If it was unexplained, then it could have been caused by malware, and you might want to do some scans with Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D, just to be sure. If you are infected, try and clean it up, and post the log to this site.

Let us know when you get all of that squared away,
Ben

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/97957-bsod-possible-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have an Asus Q L Notebook Win -bit and I have been having a strange issue with it and my router a Linksys E Firmware When I close the lid of the laptop it goes to sleep when I open it it wakes up except that when it tries to connect to my wireless router after waking Windows Issue WiFi 8.1 up it connects very briefly and then Windows 8.1 WiFi Issue disconnects From this point forward it cannot connect to the wireless network nor can any other device though currently connected devices do not lose their Windows 8.1 WiFi Issue connections The only solution is to power-cycle the router which restores everything back to normal I tried using a wired connection but that doesn't work either when I ran Windows Network Diagnostics it could not fix the problem which it identified as the Ethernet connection not having a valid IP configuration When I ran ipconfig with the Ethernet port plugged in but not working I got the following information Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS suffix IPv Address xx xx can't remember the last four but it wasn't a valid IP Subnet Mask Default Gateway I really don't know what to do here and the bizarre thing is that it prevents any other devices from connecting to the network either almost like DHCP gets broken somehow

A:Windows 8.1 WiFi Issue

Is your modem defined to your internet provider? Have you installed the router software correctly? You might try re-installing the router software also.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-1-wifi-issue-886506.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello so I posted a first question about trying to find the possible Cause for my Low Wifi Signal See My room And Comp are upstairs and the Family Modem is Downstairs clear across the house from me So I was wondering if that could be the cause of my weak Wifi Signal Because I moved it closer and Now I have a Stronger signal I have a - signal and five bars now as to where I had a ish and only out figure to Wifi Issue. Trying four bars before I'm wondering if its this distance Trying to figure out Wifi Issue. issue Or does it have to do with the following Below vvvI recently updated my Drivers from the nbsp http support hp com us-en product HP- -f -Notebook-PC-series model how-to and my Wifi Signal jumped from five bars to four to three then back up to Five so I reverted back to my Driver before that And it left me at As I said earlier the Four Trying to figure out Wifi Issue. Bars and ish signal Until I moved it and it is where it is now The - and Five bar signal Or could it be a possible cause that my WIFI antenna could have gotten damaged during a recent move and my Laptop lid shut a little too hard on accident and I didn't do anything about it at the time because it didn't look Physically damaged and it didn't seem damaged internally because it works just fine aside from having the Weak Wifi Signal when the Modem is clear across the room downstairs compared to where I moved it out of Curiousity just now So Can someone tell me is this just from the Modem being too far Or does it have to do with the Drivers or Wifi Antenna nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Trying-to-figure-out-Wifi-Issue/td-p/5618963
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I have HP 15-r014TX Notebook pc with Windows 10 ( 64 bit). My internet was working fine until I upgraded to Windows 10. Now my laptop isn't connecting to router and it shows massage "cannot connect to this network" everytime. I have mediatek driver version 5.0.57.0 (Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn wifi adapter). Internet is working fine in my mobile and other laptops so there isn't any problem in router. Please help me.

A:Wifi connectivity issue

Hi @Dhruvjariwala, Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that the laptop does not connect to WiFi after upgrading to Windows 10. You have the WiFi driver mediatek driver version 5.0.57.0 whcih is updated one. Please test the wireless module in the component test:HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) Let me know if it passed. Looking forward to your reply!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connectivity-issue/td-p/5691037
Relevancy 42.14%

There is very poor strength of Wifi Signals In Hp Laptop. Could any one help me please? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-ProBook-450-G3-Wifi-Issue/td-p/5784709
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I have this usb wifi adapter made by ISSC, model IS89C35, it works great with of my xp pro desktop, I just popped in the driver cd and it installed fine. I went to install it in a Gateway XP Home desktop and the driver shows the yellow ! and won't install correctly!? I disabled antivirus,firewalls, etc. uninstalled,reinstalled, everything, I can't figure out why XP won't install it, it installs it as a usb storage device but can't install the driver from the cd. I ran windows update too. I get a code 31 - windows can't load drivers error. Anybody have any insight into this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-wifi-adapter-issue.723539/
Relevancy 42.14%

my laptop was running fine i was using my wifi to share my lan internet through my wifi. but suddenly my all wireless feature like bluetooth and wifi is deactivated and on the keyboard f12 wireless button is amber which suggest that wirelesss adapters are deactive i cant activate it. i am literaly frustrated i am on my exam time and i cant use the wireless i have done all the trouble shoot but i cant turn on the wireless adapters of my laptop. if anybody can help me it will be a great help.

model number : Product name: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Product number: D5F89PA#ACJ
[Personal information removed]
Windows 8 Single Language 64-bit  

A:wifi connectivity issue

Hi @nabo04,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the WiFi connection. I will be glad to help you. The following pages are helpful when troubleshooting wireless connectivity issues.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-connectivity-issue/td-p/5604099
Relevancy 42.14%

I have been having troble with my Realtek wifi adapter, loosing connectivity every now and then. At times troubleshooting will work by Reseting the adapter and I will have my connection back. At other time post reset the wifi adapter would no longer be available and listed in Device MAnager. Most of the times when I restart my system, it will not find any adapter in Device Manager. I have tried everything, but no success; wiped out my system and did a clean install, updated BIOS, moved back from Win 10 to Win 8.1 (which came in my laptop), tried several drivers and still failure. Can someone help on this...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Adapter-issue/td-p/5783058
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad T and am having some issues with the wireless connection in my home There is one particular room happens to be our living room where I cannot get that machine to connect I can get the machine to connect in my office with no probIem do not have the same issue in this home location with my old ThinkPad SL my Motorola Xoom tablet my WiFi Location Issue wife s IdeaPad Y or the iPod Touches that my children have I have made sure the software and drivers are up to date I installed inSSIDer to see what might be coming in for traffic and it does seem that our neighbors networks are close- so I tried setting the router to other channels with no improvement on the T I have even replaced the router itself with a new one and yet I am still running into the same issue It just doesn t make any sense that this only happens with the one machine- I am literally typing on the SL and it has bars but the T right next to it will not connect I can connect the T in other rooms- moving ft to the kitchen table and I m on no problem I have also followed the instructions on this thread http forums lenovo com t T -T T s-Disconnecting-Reconnecting ta-p Here is the ipconfig info Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe ec ea d d ab e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet WiFi Location Issue adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D -B - AC-B -E F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address d c ca f fe b Link-local IPv Address fe ca f fe b Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap CAA -BB - D- EBD-DBA DDCCCFD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap DA D A-A - - -BA B A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Any suggestions on WiFi Location Issue something I can do to get it to work nbsp

A:WiFi Location Issue

I think I found the issue. I took the keyboard off and looked at the antenna wires, just to be sure. The gray antenna wire has an obvious short. I guess that's not something fixed by a driver or anything...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-location-issue.1075069/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello Ill get right to the point real quick Today I have been experiencing an odd occurance where my internet will randomly bump out on my Desktop which I have a wireless USB card because the non existant LAN plug in the computer has and my Laptops have had this issue Now with internet WiFi Issue with odd my An maybe. that said my phones and Ipads dont have a problem connecting and using my mb down speed at all My computers on the other hand work fine for a minute or two then drop An odd Issue with my internet WiFi maybe. the connection and then reconnect But my Adapter is new and the laptops are newish Now I am also looking into my provider but they have yet to get back to me because of the weekend coming up so I want to have this route covered I have done the TCP IP stack repair and I have done all the basic troubleshooting from Unplugging restarting and all of that stuff I will also paste my Config below Anything helps I will also update if a solution is found or if it was An odd Issue with my internet WiFi maybe. provider side Thanks for looking guys P S I run Win Windows IP Configuration Host Name Johnson-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -BD- - - F-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NETGEAR WNDA v N Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter Physical Address -BD- - - F-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September PM Lease Expires Friday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A-E - E-A -EC-A - B-F -D - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap AF DF- BBF- A-BE F- CD F B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d ba c ff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe ba c ff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/an-odd-issue-with-my-internet-wifi-maybe.1133074/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, I have a problem with the wifi.It detects connections but once I try to connect the result is an error.I tryed to install all the latest drivers but is not working.I tryed automatic updates.... does not work. Using the device manager it seems the problem is related to the PCI and Ethernet device, but I do not know how to fix them.Thanks for your help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Connectivity-issue-with-Wifi/td-p/5836536
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello there,
Thanks in anticipation for the help.
I have just bought an ex-lease Lenovo thinkcentre PC (original model M58 7360DLM).
I am sure there have been some modifications to its original configuration. I bought it with Core 2 duo 3.01 GHz, 4GB Ram, 500GB HDD and windows 7 professional. It has 8 USB ports, 6 at the rear and two in front. I am using an EDUP N8508GS wifi dongle to connect to the net. I have noticed that my download speeds drop from 20MBps to under 1 MBps if I use any of the USB ports at the rear. This is consistent with all the rear USB ports. This has me flummoxed. I have updated chipset drivers etc in vain. My thoughts are that there might be USB-2 ports in the front and USB-1 at the back. But when I read documentation for this thinkcentre, it says that all ports are USB-2. PLease help. Thanks.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,

I upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago from Windows 7 and it worked fine, until I was doing an Apple iCloud, iTunes update. After than my wifi and ethernet are no longer working. The devices are supposedly working fine, but the troubleshooter says they have a driver issue.

So many people seem to be having this problem, but though I've tried switching off ipv6 that doesn't work. I've uninstalled iTunes, but that's not helped. There's no option to roll back the update or the drivers. Not sure quite how I can resurrect my PC that's been Tenned.

Any help much appreciated,

Dazzer

A:How fix NO WIFI issue in Windows 10

Do you have System Restore turned on? Unfortunately Windows 10 has it turned off by default. I don't have an answer to your real problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58184-how-fix-no-wifi-issue-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I sold my old Dell laptop and purchased the CB3-111-C6NE Chromebook. I am not getting proper internet speed on my Chromebook. I am using this Huawei modem https://www.acanac.com/blog/hardware/huawei-mt130u/ and this Linksys router https://www.amazon.ca/Linksys-Canada-EA6100-CA-Router-Ethernet/dp/B00N70OXQC/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid.... I was getting 10Mbps speed on my dell laptop whereas, on the Chromebook, I just have 6-8Mbps. I called up tech support team from Acanac. They had a look and told me that it was the issue with my Chromebook. Is anyone having such an issue?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/WIfi-Issue-with-CB3-111-C6NE/td-p/434709/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 42.14%

Recently, my HP 520 notebook suddenly turn offed, after restarting the system its not detecting the wifi signals, as i downloaded and installed the Intel Chipset Installation Utility for ICH8 for Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP and Intel PRO/Wireless Drivers (International, American) drivers to my notebook, i'm using windows xp professional 32bit intel core processor, if any one went with same issues try to help me.

A:Hp 520 wifi drivers issue

Hello ,so the sudden shutdown was caused by something !! usually heat issue but not always ,

does the wifi device show as working in Device Manager

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/61201-hp-520-wifi-drivers-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys First post here so hello everyone I'm having a odd issue with my WiFi card I'm not sure if it is driver related Odd WiFi card issue or hardware I have a quot Belkin F D quot there are no Vista bit drivers for it but Windows auto finds drivers for it and it works kinda Windows sees it as Odd WiFi card issue a Broadcom g Network Adapter My problem is it only runs at Mbps - I can set it to Mbps but the results are below Download Speed kbps KB sec Upload Speed kbps KB Odd WiFi card issue sec setting Download Speed kbps KB sec Upload Speed kbps KB sec setting Odd WiFi card issue I have tried this at different times same result I have the power settings to max but still no good It use to work fine on my old Netgear but they don't support bit I can't seem to find any bit drivers that work with this one apart from the Windows one My net can do at least kbps as I have tested it with a hardwired PC Anyone have any ideas Thanks in advance

A:Odd WiFi card issue

Its auto compensating for a weak wireless signal?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/207690-odd-wifi-card-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I'm recently experiencing issues with my Dell Inspiron I have an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC adapter issue turned off WiFi and ever since yesterday it stopped working completely When I click on the wifi button in the taskbar it says the WiFi is quot Turned off quot However there's no way to turn it on Even if I click network settings and click the wifi toggle it instantly goes back to off I tried to go through the troubleshooter and it suggests that the physical switch is off However i have no physical switch and the only related key I have on my keyboard WiFi turned off issue is for the airplane mode and is currently off I tried to run a Ubuntu Live disk and it gave WiFi turned off issue the same issue radio hardware off or something similar To make it even weirder yesterday I had left the laptop alone for an hour or so and when I came back it was working again But this morning it was off again and it is not working ever since then Of course I tried restarting and even restoring from a previous backup but to no avail Please let me know if you have any suggestions Thanks in advance L EDIT I also tried reinstalling the drivers both the newest ones from Intel and the latest on Dell's website IIRC but nothing changed

A:WiFi turned off issue

Hi, given what you said about checking this with a boot disk, it sounds more like a hardware problem, assuming you know it worked with the boot disk previously.

(The erratic behaviour you're observing is odd as you know. However I also find MS providing the Wifi tile on the Action Centre (as well as my physical button) confusing).

Presumably you are not also using an ethernet connection.

You can get more information and lots of technical detail if you open
Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network Connections
& rt click on the WiFi connection and click 'Diagnose'.

You can also check these (shown with Wifi connected)

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38289-wifi-turned-off-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a D-link router connected with 3 PC and other phones through the wifi
but there is this really weird problem which I havent figured out why its happening, is that when I connect one of the phones sony Z1 to the wifi the internet goes really slow or sometimes doesnt work and when I turn it off everything works normally , I even assigned static ip to some devices so they dont get conflicted with each other but doesnt seem working whenever I turn the sony z1 wifi on

A:Rare wifi issue

The Sony Zi spec says

Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA,Click to expand...

enough to drown the environment.

Get the spec for your D-Link and see what BAND and what MODE you are actually using,

Recommend ALL devices (including the router itself) on the same band/mode
The most general is the 2.4ghz band and G mode.
A better would be 2.4ghz and N mode.
The best would be 5ghz AC mode, but this will restrict the range.

Use ONE Band and One Mode only - - everywhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rare-wifi-issue.215530/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello there i would like a bit of advice with a slightly odd issue with my wifi.
As of 2 days ago for most of the day my laptop connects to our network wifi but it has an additional space and a 2 after it (eg. wireless10 2 instead of just wireless10)
sometimes during the day it reverts back to our regular wifi on my laptop for any where between half an hour and an hour and a half then changes back to the above issue.
have checked the other devices in the house and they all seem fine and can connect it is just my laptop.

(i'm horrible with the technical side of owning a pc)

any and all advice would be appreciated

A:Issue with wifi on my laptop

Please post the make and model of this laptop.

Click on the start button, then type device manager in the Search programs and files box.

Device Manager will appear above the Search box, right click on it and select Run as administrator

See if there are any yellow warning icons or red error icons.

Let us know what you find.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599874/issue-with-wifi-on-my-laptop/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hiiii,

when im browsing and using ftp program mostly internet seems to get timeout and lose connection, my ISP has confirmed it has nothing to do with the connection its working fine but could be a virus in my laptop

im using Firefox and sometimes it takes 40-50 seconds for the browser to fetch the url before loading the site, however loading is pretty fast.

what do u think is going on and pls advice

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-and-ftp-timeout-issue.1119453/
Relevancy 42.14%

Broadcom 802.11ac wifi adapter When i play for about 1 hour any online game (like LoL) my ping spikes at 5000, if i control my fan it works for hours with no problemsAny ideas?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y50-WIFI-ISSUE/td-p/3343057
Relevancy 42.14%

My laptop seems to have a problem in using the onboard wifi adapter.I use my phones mobile hotspot currently and although my phone is not even half a metre away it shows only one bar of signal but when i use my usb wifi adapter  the problem is solved.Although the problem is solved i can't cotinue to use it always  and carry it everywhere.I've also tried every possible solutions -Reinstall Windows -Reinstall updated drivers      and so on but nothing seem to work and i also recognized that when i keep my phone on top of my keyboard the wifi signal increases. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Connectivity-Issue/td-p/5669996
Relevancy 42.14%

Was on the road and my MacBook Air died so I went out and grabbed an inexpensive Dell with Windows 10. Was able to connect to hotel and airport WiFi with no issues. However, when I arrived home I am unable to connect to my home WiFi. Displays "Checking Network Requirements", spins a bit, and then displays "Unable to connect to this network". Have never had an issue connecting to home network with Macs, Windows 7 machines, iPads, phones, etc.

I have the most up to date firmware on my Belkin G router. I have rebooted everything. I am able to connect wired through the same router.

Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

A:Windows 10 WiFi Issue

try switching the router off and back on again and retry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-wifi-issue.1161866/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi nbsp Product issue WiFi connectivity name Pavilion g - txProduct number C P PAOS windows bit v location Mumbai WiFi connectivity issue India nbsp Router nbsp TP-Link TD-W N Wireless ADSL RouterSecurity Details Network Authentication WPA -Personal WiFi connectivity issue best recommended WPA group rekey interval WPA encryption AESWEP encryption disabled nbsp ISP bsnl nbsp wifi driver Ralink RT bgn Wi-Fi adapter nbsp nbsp nbsp This hp laptop is connected to router using wifi connection nbsp Issue nbsp nbsp Each time my laptop is nbsp started restarted I can not see the this network in network window nbsp I have to try following things in order to connect to network I reboot my router I change WPA encryption from AES to TKIP AES rebootagain change nbsp WPA encryption from nbsp TKIP AES back to nbsp AES rebootThen laptop connects to wifi nbsp I have to try about steps several times with few variation in order to connect to router nbsp This issue is specific to this laptop My mobile devices and other lenovo laptop connects just fine nbsp nbsp Troubleshoot steps tried nbsp troubleshoot option of windowstried updating the wifi adapter - but its already up to datereconfigure wifi routercontacted router team nbsp Pl provide some solution nbsp Thanks nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-connectivity-issue/td-p/5835180
Relevancy 42.14%

Up until the other day I had no problems connecting with my laptop to the local wifi network. Now it won't let me, even though the network still shows up as available. I am able to access it from my other devices (iPad and iPhone) so I know the network is good. I can't reset the router because it is publicly used. I'm not savvy with IP address and all that so any help or ideas would be appreciated. So far I have reset the computer and cycled the wireless on and off on the computer. Thank you

A:Wifi connection issue

Is it asking for a password? (Hopefully it is...) Any message that comes up once you try to connect would be helpful. Ask the people who admin the router for details re: passwords and protocols.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299142-wifi-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am sorry that i am new to the forum and i am least knowledgeable of the rules of this forum. But i found my thread closed, i just want to clarify your misunderstanding that, I never said that i am using this connection from my neighbor ILLEGALLY, I said we share the connection.
How can it be illegal when we pay for what we use?? All of our neighbours pay for the connection they use. Is it illegal to use the WIFI connection with the permission of the person who is providing it??? If so its a new knowledge for me and i withdraw my thread.

Relevancy 42.14%

i am getting the blue screen error irql_not_less_or_equal(rtwlane.sys)my wifi stops working every 10 minutes on restart it starts working again for another 10 minutes which is very annoying i have downloaded the drivers from hp official site but still same problem.plus the hp support assistant is also not updating the driver.i would be happy if you could explain if it is hardware problem or software problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-driver-issue/td-p/5836254
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a ps a Mac and an iPhone I never usually have problems connecting or loading webpages and such Two days ago I noticed that apps on my iphone that required Internet service like Instagram help!:( Please wifi Unknown issue! wouldn t Unknown wifi issue! Please help!:( load I tried disconnecting and reconnecting everything Now this is where it gets weird I can get a good connection Unknown wifi issue! Please help!:( on my iphone but when I connect my Mac everything just get screwy Both devices show that they are still Receiving signal though I can sign into my psn after I reset my router and modem but as soon as I reconnect with my Mac I get signed out My ps can obtain the ip but it can t establish an Internet connection claiming to be an error with dns I was looking for anything that could give me a clue of what is really going on and i found that my iphone and Mac keep changing ip addresses when I mess with my router and modem My Mac will say there s another device using IP address When I look at my router logs though there isnt I only see ip s for my Mac iPhone and pc I have also tried leasing and renewing each devices ip Not my pc but router iPhone and Mac I apologize for such a long story I just really need to fix this problem so I know the best way is to give all info Thank you for any and all help nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I just bought my laptop, on 2 September 2016 and there is a connection issue with my wifi first i was unable to connect to wifi then I updated my lan drivers and every driver of this laptop and now there's a speed problem my wifi can giving 2mbps downloading in other divices (android, other laptop) but in this system the max speed I have seen is 150kbps.                        I have also search for solution on microsoft, they say that win 8.1 is not compatible with wireless devices and there have been more issues like that who had upgraded from win 8 to win 8.1 so I have to upgrade to win 10. Can anyone help ??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connection-issue/td-p/5750545
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
All devices are connecting fine to my home Wi-Fi.. except my laptop....Skype business meeting tomorrow...tried connecting every way I can think of...thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-wifi-issue.1167549/