Windows Support Forum

Skype forced update?

Q: Skype forced update?

Today Skype opened itself and updated itself whilst I was AFK.

I have it set to manual update only, plus at the time Skype wasn't even running.

Additionally the SkypeUpdate service in Task Manager is also stopped.

This also happened in my partner's Win 7 machine, and looking at the Skype forum, to several other people too.

My question is how did it manage to do this and how can I prevent it happening again in the future?

BTW, this is the desktop version on Win8, not the app version.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Skype forced update?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Skype forced update?

Hi and welcome.

Do you have Windows updates set to install automatically.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/75256-skype-forced-update.html
Relevancy 55.04%

In my Win Pro -bit I just saw the following entry in Windows update Help ??? NO!!! to !!! FORCED Almost to 10 Win Logs - System Quote quot Installation Ready The following updates are downloaded and ready for installation This computer is currently scheduled to install these updates on Saturday August at PM - Upgrade to Windows Pro quot No Don't want to leave Win So I immediately went to my Installed Updates and UNinstalled the only recent update which was Update for Windows for x -based Almost FORCED to update to Win 10 ??? NO!!! Help !!! Systems KB which was supposed to be only quot August cumulative time zone update for Windows operating systems quot Well maybe it was and something else triggered the Win upgrade entry I am now past the pm upgrade time and it hasn't happened yet but I'm scared What should I do to prevent the upgrade Help It's prowling around upstairs and I need help PS - My PC is currently dual-booting Win which I want to save from this monster and Win because I upgraded my to of course with different partitions on the hard drive Is it something about the dual-booting with that is infecting my

A:Almost FORCED to update to Win 10 ??? NO!!! Help !!!

See this thread: Please help me get rid of the Windows 10 upgrade

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379977-almost-forced-update-win-10-no-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Toshiba Laptop which I updated from 7 to 10 a few months ago.
I have a Dell Monitor plugged directly into the laptop and an NEC monitor plugged into a Toshiba docking station, which also has inputs for a wireless mouse and keyboard. The docking station connects to the laptop via USB.
All worked fine until yesterday morning, when I woke to find that Microsoft had updated and rebooted my laptop. Now, the NEC monitor doesn't work.
All power and connections are fine, and the docking station works because the mouse and keyboard work.
I've swapped the Dell and NEC monitors, and whichever one goes directly into the laptop works fine. The one into the docking station doesn't work.
Any suggestions?

A:can't see second monitor after last forced update

Reinstall the software for the video chipset.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/63863-cant-see-second-monitor-after-last-forced-update.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So as you probably know windows users have constantly been receiving popus telling them windows is free You are given the option to install it or not to The other night I received a popup saying that my pc would restart to install windows despite Update PC Broke Forced 8.1 me never asking me to I decided to postpone for hours since that was the longest option and finished on my pc before it asked again When I turned my pc on today Forced 8.1 Update Broke PC it finished Forced 8.1 Update Broke PC the update This has broken my pc I avoided updating to because I heard about it being extremely Forced 8.1 Update Broke PC broken and it turns out I cant do anything The first time I boot log in the wallpaper and taskbar loads without quicklaunch icons and that's it If I hover over the taskbar with the cursor it shows the loading circle thing The only thing I can do is hit Ctrl Alt Delet and either reboot or re-login The nd time I log in or boot All my icons and stuff load normaly but after about seconds it will start switching between my desktop and the colour of my start menue blank background staying on each for about a second After about - seconds of this it will return to the desktop with nothing loaded as mentioned before What's happening and how can I fix it

A:Forced 8.1 Update Broke PC

As mentioned before, sometimes it loads normaly for about 10-15 secs, so I used this time to start a factory reset. I'll see what happens when it's done.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56704-forced-8-1-update-broke-pc.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Both my sons and my gaming boxes got a forced Win10 update last week. I'm running Win10 pro and he's running Win10 home. The update porked our Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titaniums so that the microphone devices became 'undetected'.

Driver reinstall etc. tricks didn't help. Had to roll back the build to a previous release to fix it on both computers.

So finally the forced updates bit me too it seems. At least MS left a very easy way to roll the update back.

I was laughing quietly when Win10 update chose to force a reboot in the middle of my Steam updating. How nice it must be to use Windows for something more critical than gaming. Not!

A:Win10 forced update

You probably just needed to look into the windows settings themselves a bit more, my old Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 runs just fine with Win10 Insider Build 14361.

The new Redstone related things seems to have even pushed the transfer rates up a bit in some areas.

You can also adjust when your computer will update these days, among other things.

https://hardforum.com/threads/win10-forced-update.1902049/
Relevancy 54.18%

I don't know if it's the right place but I hope so

Recently I've been working in word and then suddenly the computer started to shutdown and install some update. After that it rebooted and restored everything (much like after hibernation). Why did this happen? Shouldn't I get some sort of info that the update requires the system to reebot and let me decide WHEN I want that to happen? Is it some new microsoft policy to do that?
My updates are set to automatically download and install.

A:forced reboot on update?

Quote: Originally Posted by beholder

I don't know if it's the right place but I hope so

Recently I've been working in word and then suddenly the computer started to shutdown and install some update. After that it rebooted and restored everything (much like after hibernation). Why did this happen? Shouldn't I get some sort of info that the update requires the system to reebot and let me decide WHEN I want that to happen? Is it some new microsoft policy to do that?
My updates are set to automatically download and install.

well under the settings given when you use automatically download and install the group policy editor default is to warn you 5 minutes prior to an automatic reboot, you can however turn this off if you have access to group policy editor which is available in professional, ultimate and enterprise

It can be well awkward if your not paying attention, in fact I was in the middle of a raid playing WOW with a few mates and my computer decided it was going to reeboot then once back to desktop it proudly announced it had installed updates

let me know if you want to turn this option off

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/45922-forced-reboot-update.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Before you say I should read the tutorials, I already did.
I have made the changes to only notify me of updates...like the Tuesday ones. It does do this, but I wait a few days to download and install them to be sure there are no issues reported.

Here is what happens though. If I wait too many days...like 'til Saturday, I can be using my system and then get a popup saying that I need updates and it will not let me do anything else until I download and install them. Sometimes this can take a while when I only turned the system on to do a quick check on something. Can I avoid this?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/53828-can-i-stop-forced-update.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Was prompted to upgrade to Service Pack 2 (Vista Home Basic 32 bit). After the update, pc wont start anymore. I ended up in a black screen with these texts :

!! 0xc0190002 !! 3937/47219 (Mahjong.exe)

I tried the ff methods I read from other threads :

1. Safe Mode - Did not work. My screen froze at "Loading Windows File" point.
2. Start Up Repair - Said error, needed to restart.
3. System Restore :

I accessed system restore through the "Repair Windows" option after pressing F8. There was only one option in the menu, Oct 21 1:24 am Install Service Pack 2. So I clicked NEXT. Then I had an error message again, didn't work.

Please, please help me. I really don't know what to do. Please

A:After forced update, PC wont start, Help Please

You are already being answered here: After forced Service Pack 2 update, PC wont start :(

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/256077-after-forced-update-pc-wont-start-help-please.html
Relevancy 53.75%

For about a week or so now its been asking me to update. (I always let it update) But until recently it will ask me to update and restart my computer, it boots me off and goes into the update download screen. At around 14% the download randomly stops, says it cannot continue, and turns off. When I turn the laptop back on I am yet again prompted to update my windows. Please help!

A:Windows update forced shutdown

DownloadDial-a-fixExtract and launch itClick on green TICK mark ,Uncheck Empty Temp Folders, as well as Adjust Time/Date in the prep sectionClick on GO option.Press ENTER if you receive errorsAfter scan gets finished.Restart the PC and try to update

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467137/windows-update-forced-shutdown/
Relevancy 53.75%

I usually just turn my computer into sleep mode at night but when i need to update I turn it off at night Last night was nothing unusual At AM I went to bed and turned my PC off and noticed it was updating Help, was an to forced I update off (let PC during explain) turn me my I got out of bed and went to the bathroom one hour later seeing Help, I was forced to turn my PC off during an update (let me explain) it was on update of I was a little surprised because it only takes minutes usually Needless to say I went back to bed And I woke up this morning at minutes ago I noticed it was still updating on of It s been updating on of for hours and minutes So I knew I had to turn my PC off I turn my PC off and when I turn it on it says it didn t shut off right yet I still run it in normal mode and everything turns on fine BUT I m scared This PC is only weeks old and I don t know what caused this problem I want to make sure I didn t cause any damage to my PC when I turned it off Can you assure me I didn t cause any damage to my PC If not can you please tell me what I can do about it Thanks nbsp

A:Help, I was forced to turn my PC off during an update (let me explain)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-i-was-forced-to-turn-my-pc-off-during-an-update-let-me-explain.847758/
Relevancy 53.75%

My PC reset itself yesterday to apply an update. It all seemed to be going fine until I was unable to boot my PC up beyond the Lenovo screen. I tried restore points, running a diagnosis, running an auto-repair, but nothing worked. Eventually, I gave up and chose a windows refresh. My computer boots now, but it has a consistently high disk usage and sporadic CPU spikes.

Looks like the highest thing in my CPU usage is the Windows Module Installer Worker. Attached some screenshots. Not sure if they'll be of any use. I'm not too tech-savvy.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/42772-cpu-disk-issues-after-forced-update.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I think I have a problem I can't handle by myself anymore If that's important I am using Windows and my browser is Google chrome Some days ago I started reading some manga on the website mangafox me and when I clicked to get to the next site suddenly there appeared a site which was upon me!! Fake Java update forced called javagree or something like that with a pop up which told me that I needed a new update Fake Java update forced upon me!! for Java I didn't trust that so I closed the tab and headed to the original Java site for the update just to make sure Unfortunately even after I updated that site continued to appear trying to force upon me that strange update I tried clicking back ignoring it when suddenly my Kaspersky detected a threat while the site poped up again It said that the site was blocked and I thought it would have an end there But next time I got to mangafox the damn site appeared again with just another name I thought maybe it would be better to continue the reading on another browser So I installed firefox heading to mangafox again just to experience the same problem Fake Javasite poped up Just that this time I couldn't even close the browser so I had to eliminate it from the task manager After that my catalyst control center opened up to ask me what processor I wanted to use for the application Javaplugin the name included some numbers I can't remember That's where I realized that it installed the damn plugin without me even knowing it I headed to the folder where that plugin was in It was somewhere in C windows and deleted the whole folder The app was gone from the catalyst center after that and I thought I got rid of it Nope I opened chrome again started reading again and what poped up Right the fake Java site Now every time the site appears I have to close it from the task manager I am totally desperate right now and have no clue what to do I included some screenshots This is the site that appeared at first a bunch of times I could just close the tab I'm so sorry that it is in German That might be because my location is in Germany I'll translate it if required Now this appears It can be closed only from the task manager And if I click the x on the pop up above this appears There's definitely something really wrong here I am very grateful for any help I can get Thank you And sorry for my poor expression English isn't my native language

A:Fake Java update forced upon me!!

Please download TDSSKiller exe version to your desktop. Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants. Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on Change Parameters and click Detect TDLFS File System.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.A TDSSKiller text file would be saved in Local Disk C.Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Clean.Confirm each time with Ok.You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519152/fake-java-update-forced-upon-me/
Relevancy 52.89%

On September Microsoft pushed through the forced Microsoft 10 11-r011ca Update Win Anniversary Windows Anniversary Update to my computer - ever since then it does not work at all nbsp When I turn it on I get the HP logo and an occasional 11-r011ca Microsoft forced Win 10 Anniversary Update horizontal cursor blink in the upper left corner nbsp Pressing F at powering on brings me to a troubleshooting screen per the instructions on HP website - I selected repair recovery nbsp Repair progressed to then seemed to stall for several minutes before the screen just went black and then nothing nbsp nbsp Repeated the process and attempted repair failed nbsp Repeated the process and attempted recovery made it to before crapping out nbsp My computer was born on and apparently died a 11-r011ca Microsoft forced Win 10 Anniversary Update mere months days later nbsp I cannot seem to find any answers and I'm at my wits end nbsp My computer is still under warranty and I really need to get this back up and running nbsp I don't know what to do next - do I need support from HP or Microsoft Can I take my computer to a nearby repair person or will that void my warranty nbsp Hoping someone can point me in the right direction nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/11-r011ca-Microsoft-forced-Win-10-Anniversary-Update/td-p/5788363
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello. I waited for windows update to finish but it wouldn't go past ~57% for almost 24 hours. I then decided to take my chance and restart.
Now it won't start.
The windows 10 loading logo shows, then everything stops at a black screen.
I do not have restore points and startup repair doesn't find any issues.
Is there anything I could do?
Thanks in advance!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444140-restarted-after-forced-windows-update-hanged-%7E57%25-whole-day-now-wont-start.html
Relevancy 52.46%

BSOD forced me after a full night of trying to repair run chk dsk etc to wipe and reinstall Now I'm getting major update errors and errors with everything else quot Windows has encountered a problem and must restart quot type of dealioS Ran SURT tried to getting BSOD errors reinstall to me I'm forced update major now / install updates after no go Tried that a few times Tried running System Mechanic no go there either Starting to look longingly at Windows I can't seem to keep a copy of Windows running smoothly I'll attach files and screen shots as I've done this before Noel BSOD forced me to reinstall / now I'm getting major update errors was a huge help last time and on Xmas even Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code D Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code D Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code D in total I believe updates are NOT installing - AND it seems like the computer is having random issues with various things crashing Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment

A:BSOD forced me to reinstall / now I'm getting major update errors

Just now BSOD (first time after windows reinstall)... system ran chk dsk upon reboot, I believe it found some errors and fixed them. I then ran chkdsk via cmd, found no errors. Trying the SURT and updates again for the hell of it. I'll upload new log files after. Typing this on my Mac (boo hiss) ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/359346-bsod-forced-me-reinstall-now-im-getting-major-update-errors.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My brother s computer Lenovo v laptop running Windows -bit Intel Core i pro Posted this to Reddit days ago but of course no one responded Anyway here My brother s computer Lenovo v laptop running Windows -bit Intel Core i processor GB hard drive GBs of RAM integrated graphics I m trying to help my brother fix his laptop but it s nearly impossible I m fairly well-versed in this type of black magic but this was so unyielding that I m forced to post here quot The other forced update potentially after startup Blue screen on night I tried starting my laptop and it asked me if I wanted to go into startup repair or boot normally which I thought was strange and I just chose to start normally and it BSOD d before the time the login screen would usually come up I figured there might be a potential issues because I had postponed restarting my computer a couple of days after Windows updates were done I usually keep my computer clean protected by Kaspersky and Malwarebytes etc so I figured that the update would be the most likely culprit I tried to do a system repair off the recovery hard drive and it didn t work Then I tried launching into safemode still BSOD d the quot last known good configuration quot wouldn t boot either I tried multiple system restore points and they gave various errors None worked however Some said it couldn t read the memory at some sort of address and others said something about setupapi dll It s sort of time consuming to get the exact error I also tried sfc scannow and it said Blue screen on startup after potentially forced update there was a system repair pending and to restart to complete I did that and it didn t work We tried deleting pending xml in winsxs because I read that on the Microsoft support forums I found on Google Didn t do anything Someone also suggested using quot dism exe image C cleanup-image revertpendingactions quot which only ended in an quot error quot and it said that were was an error while accessing the image My brother and I backed up all the important files by using a hard drive enclosure but if it s fixable I d rather fix it rather than starting from scratch again like I did last year I also want to figure out if it s some sort of hardware issue like a memory or motherboard issue or if it s some stupid software thing that could be easily fixed Thanks in advance quot Update We got the sfc scannow to work but it says there s no quot integrity violations quot so I don t get it nbsp

A:Blue screen on startup after potentially forced update

Reboot the PC, pressing F8 repeatedly, a menu will show up, choose Startup Repair and see if that does any good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-on-startup-after-potentially-forced-update.1118769/
Relevancy 52.46%

This has been happening for the last week. I need to know which update it rode in on so I can remove it. It is very irritating just like the Windows 8 to 8.1 forced update notification.

I have my system set to only notify me about updates, at which time I use the Update Hider diagcab to hide unwanted updates. But this is a new twist, now I am still forced to do updates from this obnoxious notification.

How would I shut this off, I disabled the Forced Windows 8 to 8.1 update notification through Group Policy Editor, would I remove this one the same way?

When it pops up, and it will pop up in the middle of my work, I can't DO anything except to click on it. This is mostly why I stick to Windows 7 because of cack like this.

A:Forced Update Notification, locks up system until clicked.

Boink - Has anyone found a way around this?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/31727-forced-update-notification-locks-up-system-until-clicked.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My system worked fine on Windows 8.1 and I said no to the Windows 10 upgrade numerous times. Then I woke up one morning and saw that Windows 10 had been added to my normal updates for my system. Ever since then the keyboard is not working right. Everytime I try to type with it it will send me to a shortcut for the corresponding letter. So when I type the letter H it opens up my history. Or if I type the letter S and opens up my save as folder. Also the x button seems to be repeatedly going. I wonder if there is a way to get my computer out of shortcut mode if that is a thing. Any help will be very much appreciated and if you have any questions for me please post them and I will answer them as soon as possible thank you very much for your help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397724-hp-envy-dv7-laptop-keyboard-not-working-after-forced-win-10-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Help me please..
Windows asked me to update to Service Pack 2 ( I have Vista Home Basic 32 bit). After the update, I cannot start my pc anymore. I always end up in a black screen with these texts :

!! 0xc0190002 !! 3937/47219 (Mahjong.exe)

Please help me.. I tried the ff I read from other threads :

1. Started Start Up repair - did not work. Froze at some point.
2. Safe Mode - I still couldn't get in. It froze on "Loading Windows Files"

Please help me! I do not what to do

Notes:
*This was an updated prompted by Windows itself*

A:After forced Service Pack 2 update, PC wont start :(

Anyone? Please help..

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/256067-after-forced-service-pack-2-update-pc-wont-start.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
I forced my computer shut down (by pressing power for long time) the last time it was doing windows update.
Since then PC is not shutting down. It turns off the screen and some seconds afterwards, it shows the windows start screen (on windows 8.1) again. To shut down now, I am having to press power button continuously.
Can anyone help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/50d493d5-ec80-462b-8e3a-3d35fe5e3510/windows-81-not-shutting-down-after-forced-shutdown-durin-gwindows-update?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone,

Just need to know if whether or not it is normal for Windows Update to include an update for skype among the list of updates.

I've already hidden this skype update as I had planned to uninstall skype for so long but kept forgetting to do it.

Any comments and ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all and God Bless,

A:skype update listed in Windows Update

Ye - it's normal, since MS bought Skype a few months ago, it's now part of the Microsoft Update family, along with Office and MSE

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250540-skype-update-listed-windows-update.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Greetings forum I joined recently because my Windows laptop from Removing Update Windows update Windows 10 forced was displaying the message quot Your upgrade to Removing Windows 10 forced update from Windows Update windows is ready quot message in the Windows Update tool I have zero desire to upgrade to windows for various reasons This message was preventing me from using Windows Update to check for other updates This was the message I was receiving Similar threads Please help me get rid of the Windows upgrade Scared and Very Confused - Windows I searched multiple threads and after some trial and error I was able to remove this message It seems Microsoft has several KB updates that force this onto users I wasn't getting the GWX exe message tray icon or process in the process manager but the insidious message above Here is what I did to remove the update free up disk space from the Windows installer and regain control of my system Open up Windows Update and disable quot Install updates Automatically quot and switch it to quot Download updates but ask me which ones to install quot This will save our es when they change the KB numbers again Click your start menu and search for quot Add or Remove Programs quot Click on the first result In the upper left hand corner of the window select quot View Installed Updates quot There were major KB updates that were forcing the upgrade on me These are the ones that I removed KB KB KB KB KB Next delete these folders in the root of your C drive You might have to unhide your hidden files and folders My machine for whatever reason was also refusing to allow me to delete the BT folder I ended up having to use an app called quot Unlocker quot to force the file to be deleted You might be able to delete this folder in Safemode Windows BT and if Windows WS The WS folder was not present on my Windows machine I pulled this from another post YMMV Restart your machine Open up the Windows Update tool If successful it should have a big red X saying you need to check for updates to be safe Voila you're all set Make sure that you check and hide the bad updates before installing or else you will end up back at square Hide those annoying files and check every future update to ensure Microsoft didn't change a KB number to force this annoying update on you I hope this helps others I will do my best to answer questions however i'd have to be in person to really break down the problem Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379971-removing-windows-10-forced-update-windows-update.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Unable to install the latest Skype, I installed version 4. That works well. But when I try to update it, I get the following exciting message -

"The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: C:\programdata\skype\apps\login\
languages\ca.js "
End quote

Has anyone a fix for this. The laptop is a friends and it is running Vista Home Premium.

A:Cannot update Skype

Hello ripsnort and welcome to the forums

Try this:

Command Prompt

Open your start menu and in the search box, type Command PromptWhen you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administratorWhen command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each

takeown /f C:\programdata\skype\apps\login\languages\ca.js

icacls C:\programdata\skype\apps\login\languages\ca.js /grant Administrators:F

Now try installing Skype.

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/software/296840-cannot-update-skype.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Official release. Version: 2.5.0.151. Release date: October 18, 2006
File name: SkypeSetup.exe File size: 12.2 MB

http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windows/helloagain.html

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061020-8040.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-update.511237/
Relevancy 48.59%

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just found out that a new update for Skype is released.
Version is 7.17.0.104 if anyone is interested.

A:New update for SKYPE

Download the full offline installer here:
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33907-new-update-skype.html
Relevancy 48.59%

i can not update skype.i am ru8nning on skype 5.3 and every time i want to update a fatal error accures. error1603. further to this i can not access skype video calls

A:skype update

Hi and welcome to TSF

Skype does have its own forum. They may be able to help you better.

English - Skype Support Network

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/skype-update-674367.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello
I am getting a notice from Windows that there is an update for this program.
When I click on it it will not install.
When I go to the program it will not install either. I encloaed two attachments showing the error messages I get. I do not know what they mean or how to fix the issue.
Thank you for your help.

A:Skype will not update for Windows or itself

Hi seven2,

Please try the resolution here by Tamim:
Cannot update -- error code 1603 - Skype Support Network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254921-skype-will-not-update-windows-itself.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Damnist thing, trying to install an update to Skype, but it won't install amd keeps telling me that I need to give it administration permission. But I am the administrator, also I saved the dl'd update and gave it admin rights, but that didn't help. And when looking for the pathway in the alert, there was no Start Menu under Windows??? Maybe you can help.

A:Why won't Skype update take effect?

flycaster, try this MS Fix
Source

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/288099-why-wont-skype-update-take-effect.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone. Recently I tired to update Skype and failed to do so as I got error 1603 and it said it failed to remove the older version of Skype. After receiving this error multiple times, I decided to try to manually uninstall Skype and then reinstall the latest version. However when trying to do so, I received this error message: 

"The installed product does not match the installation source(s). Until a matching source is provided or the installed product and source are synchronized, this action can not be performed."

I have never encountered this error before upon trying to uninstall something so I really have no idea what to do. If anyone can offer assistance with this I would greatly appreciate it!

Relevancy 48.16%

I use Skype you can get from Skype.com; it's not Skype Preview that comes with Windows 10. That's junk, in my not so humble opinion.

I attempted to upgrade Skype from version 7.25.0.103, but got so far and was told "The specified account already exists." Next, I was told the upgrade failed. I tried at least four times, rebooted system, etc., but nothing worked.

I had nothing to lose, so I then uninstalled Skype and reinstalled it. Once that was done, I looked and was up to version 7.25.0.104, but I knew 7.25.0.106 was out there waiting for me. So, I checked for updates, was told there were updates to be had, so, with a very reluctant mouse, I clicked and . . .

Whew, I am now up to version 7.25.0.106!

Has this happened to anyone else, or is it something I alone have experienced?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/55821-skype-wouldnt-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I updated SKYPE and now it won't recognize my log in.
I ran
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Rootkit Database, 2016.2.8.1, 2016.2.17.1,
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Remediation Database, 2016.2.12.1, 2016.2.20.1,
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, IP Database, 2016.2.8.1, 2016.2.21.1,
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Domain Database, 2016.2.16.2, 2016.2.21.2,
Update, 2/22/2016 7:48 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Malware Database, 2016.2.16.3, 2016.2.22.2,

Scan, 2/22/2016 8:05 AM, SYSTEM, JACK-PC, Manual, Start:2/22/2016 7:48 AM, Duration:16 min 51 sec, Threat Scan, Completed, 0 Malware Detections, 0 Non-Malware Detections,

and
IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 3.4.0.9
Database Version: 1490
Scan Mode:Manual
Time Elapsed: 00:52:24
Objects Scanned: 98885
Threats Found: 0
Save Time: 2/22/2016 10:57:54 AM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Runn
(end)

Relevancy 47.73%

Trojan masquerades as Skype updateBy Joris EversStaff Writer, CNET News.comPublished: October 17, 2005, 5:01 PM PDT Cybercriminals are spreading a malicious Trojan horse under the guise of an update to Skype, e-mail security firm MessageLabs said Monday. The Trojan horse, a variant of IRCbot, arrives in an e-mail purporting to be an update to Skype, the popular Internet telephony application. Once opened the malicious software displays a phony installation error message. It then blocks access to security updates and installs a back door on computers, MessageLabs said in a statement.news.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33021/trojan-masquerades-as-skype-update/
Relevancy 47.73%

skype keeps telling me to update/upgrade but when I click on it I get an fail error: 1603

Then I went into administrative account and it downloaded but can't install, I get an error message and then the fail error 1603 again.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] skype won't update - errors

Hi try the info here Re: Updateing Error? - Skype Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-skype-wont-update-errors-756233.html
Relevancy 47.73%

After the update of the anniversary edition in my 950XL I started to work with the new Skype, but is too buggy, I cannot make calls or receive, takes to much time to connect some times, is someone having the same issues?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436106-new-skype-very-buggy-after-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 47.73%

On September windows did an update and I had not rebooted since then until Skype Windows Update uninstalled 7 hours ago When I did I found that Skype was uninstalled When checked system restore it showed Skype set to be restored if went and did the restore point created by that update What I'd like to know is where the heck does Microsoft get the idea that they can dictate what software we run on our computers This is NOT the first time that a windows update has uninstalled another program but it is the last straw that makes me write this Skype is my MAIN link Windows 7 Update uninstalled Skype to family members some of which are in bad health so to have MS go and have their update uninstall it in my opinion is down right intrusive MS needs to stop trying to run a computer dictatorship and let people have Windows 7 Update uninstalled Skype whatever programs they want on their computers I am unsure if I want to let the update go next time as I have no idea what will get removed

A:Windows 7 Update uninstalled Skype

Well; Im not so sure that windows update necessairily uninstalled skype. It could be something else that did that. Have you checked the list of programs installed on your system to see if there still is any signs of it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346208-windows-7-update-uninstalled-skype.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Starting a new thread. Prior one's subject is "Error 1663".
This time lets talk, specifically, about the Windows Installer for Windows 7.
Is the installer a stand alone program?
Can it be deleted? How?
Where can I find a replacement?
Bill

A:Windows Installer 5 - trying to update to Skype 5.1 from 5.0

Hi Blockie:

It's built into Windows. If you need to repair it use SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker or run a Repair Install

Sometimes changing your AV to MSE or Avast5 with the Win7 firewall relieves these issues.

Study your logs and do basic troubleshooting: Computer lags every couple seconds

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/146072-windows-installer-5-trying-update-skype-5-1-5-0-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Update to Skype 6.6. the Webcam disappeared. not visible in device Manager. multiple Downloads of web cam Drivers don't execute. checked bios. Rebooted machine multiple times.

What to do to install web cam Software again?

A:Satellite R630-14J - after Skype update web cam has disappeared

Hi

To be honest I cannot understand why webcam device disappears from device manager list after skype update.
I mean even if there would be a software problem (compatibility issues), the webcam should be listed in device manager even as an unknown device.

However, by default, certain devices are not shown in the list. To include hidden devices in Device Manager display, click View and select Show Hidden Devices.

However, I assume you are using Win 7 system.

> multiple downloads of webcam drivers don't execute
On Toshiba EU driver page you can find the webcam software.
Maybe new Skype version damage something in registry. Would recommend uninstalling the Skype firstly. Download and install the repair tool like CCleaner. Clean registry and reboot the notebook. Now try to install the webcam software once again. Reboot the unit and check if you can use the webcam using installed webcam too.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73104-Satellite-R630-14J-after-Skype-update-web-cam-has-disappeared
Relevancy 46.87%
Relevancy 46.87%

I have Lumia 640 XL. I installed Skype Preview on Win 10.
Contacts whose status is online are labeled as offline.
This applies only sporadically.
No other status flag is not shown with the exception of 'Call forwarding'.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438806-how-update-contacts-status-skype-preview.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello Everyone -

I guess everyone knows by now that Microsoft will begin to automatically install the SP2 Update to those who still have SP1 beginning April 12th. I know this forced update can be stopped by simply turning off my Automatic Update feature.

My question is, will I still be able to get all the other updates and patches without getting SP2? I'm able to do that now and I'd hate to have that option end. I was told that if I don't get SP2 I'm out of luck. Please tell me that's not true.

Thank you.

azdood

Relevancy 46.44%

Don't know if this is normal or not, but my Windows Update is Forcing me to install Windows Installer 3.1 even though my setting is set to check with me before installing updates. It checks with me, and I can cancel, but in order to install further updates i must install the Windows Installer 3.1. I can't uncheck the 3.1 checkbox. Just figured this was kinda weird and wanted to get some input on the subject.

BMR777

A:Anyone else being forced to install Windows Installer 3.1 VIA Windows Update?

I think you just need the new installer to get the rest of the updates. After getting SP1 it always has me DL the new downloader.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/anyone-else-being-forced-to-install-windows-installer-3-1-via-windows-update-58616.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I don't use Skype. I uninstalled it. Windows Update keeps sending updates and marking them as 'important.' If I run the update I find I need to uninstall the program again.

I'd like reassurance that I can safely ignore these updates.

It makes sense to me, but software has gotten complex enough that I want to be sure that this update only updates Skype for Windows and that failure to implement it does not leave a gaping hole in Windows 7.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Skype For Windows - Program Not Installed - Important Update?

If you change windows update settings as shown below then in theory you will not be offered skype. If you prevoiusly had skype installed and are still offered updates then I guess that skype wasn't fully removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402722-skype-windows-program-not-installed-important-update.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So I have a problem with a fake update pop-up It's the last thing that's left from something else I do not recall exactly what it was but Mobogenie does sound familiar I wanted on update!" Adobe/Skype "Download desktop?! my pop-up Bullbleep to download a program that allowed me to Bullbleep "Download Adobe/Skype update!" pop-up on my desktop?! open a file I thought it was some sort of text file I needed for a thesis in school but it turned out to be a frikkin picture so I got nothing for my troubles and apart for letting me open the file it installed a bunch of other crap It messed with my Chrome and made their own search engine my primary I removed all of it using what little skill I have basic search CCcleaner and Norton Antivirus scan and after that everything seemed fine However I have these pesky pop-ups that tells me to download the latest updates for various programs and I can't seem to find where this program is hiding It pops up every now and then I use Skype quite a lot and it seems to pop up after I quit the program Not always though and it's a greyish pop-up in the right-hand corner of my desktop It says that there are new updates available and it's clickable I did click it once to see where it took me and I landed on a download page for a bunch of crap So no it doesn't even send me to a fake Adobe Skype page I can click the x which I have been doing for a while now I thought I would be able to find the exe but so far I've come up empty handed I am on Windows Ultimate and this pop-up does NOT appear whilst browsing it is solely doing its business on my desktop Unfortunately I don't have a print screen but if I see the pop-up later I'll add it to this topic Kind Regards

A:Bullbleep "Download Adobe/Skype update!" pop-up on my desktop?!

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523961/bullbleep-download-adobeskype-update-pop-up-on-my-desktop/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have had issues since last patch Tuesday:
When I try to start Skype nothing seems to happen (no window opens).
Also IE does not want to connect to anything.
If I go to the options IE10 all except file and safety are greyed out.

I have tried resetting through the internet options in the control panel, check no proxies are set.
I have run 2 different "iefix " programs, looked in the event viewer (not sure what to look for, nothing obvious visible...)

I have uninstalled Skype and subsequently re-installed it.

My Firefox and Chrome are fine. I have done a system restore a few times which solves the problem, but as soon as updates are installed the same happens again.

I run W7 64 pro.

totally at a loss now, have spent 2 days trying to find what the cause is.

Would really appreciate if someone has any ideas!

many thanks, Jaap

A:IE and skype stopped working chrome and FF ok after windows update

Not sure which Security suite you have installed please fill in the blank,
Also see what this does,
Use No Add-ons mode/ Click the Start button and type in the search box,
Internet explorer

Click on the suggestion (No Add-ons) or it?s located at,
Start/ All programs/ Accessories folder/ System tools folder/ No add-ons.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-10-win-7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/How-to-manage-add-ons-in-Internet-Explorer-9
If using ie10 the first link will apply to ie9 as well,
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-10-win-7

You can also activate Enhanced protection mode and see what happens,
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2012/03/23/understanding-ie10-enhanced-protected-mode-network-security-addons-cookies-metro-desktop.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/280434-internet-explorer-10-enable-32-bit-64-bit-ie10-windows-7-a.html#post2312336

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/312483-ie-skype-stopped-working-chrome-ff-ok-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 46.44%

so..last night I updated windows 10 and today, every so often skype stops responding, usually when fetching a new add to assault my eyes with, and then starts working normally again after a moment or two. so who else has observed this behavior?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33220-skype-occasionally-stops-responding-after-update-10586-29-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

:( I don't know what happend, I can't see skype in "startup" tab on task manager
The option in enabled in skype settings

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440781-skype-doesnt-startup-automatically-after-aniversary-update.html
Relevancy 46.01%

A disabled recent Windows update has re-activated disabled start-up apps. I use Feem and Skype and both have the start-up command unchecked in their options and also in CCleaner but they persist in starting. It's no big deal but it is mildly irritating to say the leastThey don't start immediately on start up but given a minute or so they are sure to appear. I have read other posts where MS has re-activated start-up apps, always MS apps. Feem is not MS and I have no idea why it should start.Any suggestions will be appreciated and acknowledgedRegards

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/w10-update-reactivated-disabled-startup-items-feem-skype/818.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm holding off on upgrading to Windows 10, and Windows 10 has been intentionally trying to install itself despite that. I cannot shut down my computer without going through the log-off screen to pick "Shut down" without installing updates.

Then a bunch of updates for Windows 7 were released, and I can't install any of them because as soon as I do, Windows Update starts downloading Windows 10 again after I had deleted it.

I had uninstalled KB3035583 yesterday to avoid the install message coming up every time I booted up, but now the GWX tray icon never shows up and it just tries to automatically install via windows update.

What do I do to stop this? I'm absolutely sure as a result of this program behavior that I do not want Windows 10 at all (for the foreseeable future)

A:Cannot update Windows 7 without being forced to download Windows 10

There is NO compulsion to upgrade to Windows 10 - simply click on the notification Icon and refuse the upgrade - this should set Windows Update to ignore it at least for the present.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378288-cannot-update-windows-7-without-being-forced-download-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Fresh from iOS' embarrassing Messages bug that could crash iPhones with a random string of text, a similar flaw is hitting Skype across platforms. Specifically, sending a message containing only "http://:" sends the app into an endless crash loop in...

Read more

A:This simple message sends Skype into an endless crash loop, update out now

Every system has this. Just hasn't been discovered yet on the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-simple-message-sends-skype-into-an-endless-crash-loop-update-out-now.213661/
Relevancy 44.29%

Windows 7 32 Bitand Skype 5.0 new version of Skype no more freezing lost other topic. I am so happy finally skype works on Windows 7 32 Bit Home Premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-32-bitand-skype-5-0-new-version-of-skype-no-more-freezing-lost-other-topic.155047/
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear I noticed that skype has send to all skype in skype send to scan cannot - account spam skype safety contacts all page load contacts a certain link to one contact even multiply links this all happens on the same day th december from - I haven't seen any spam send anymore after that Skype support told me to reset my password I did and to download safety scanner from microsoft they proviced me with the link spam send in skype account to all skype contacts - cannot load page safety scan when I try to open the link the browser cannot load the page it is stuck in a loop sometimes I see a page but just for a second or even less then mostly white page and browser keeps trying to load the page and in chrome a little shield symbol on the right side of the address bar says that it's trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources this message dissappears very quickly I have skype installed on two laptops and on my smartphone iphone The problem I told about is on one laptop that has no antivirus I did not yet checked the other laptop if the microsoft page opens or not but I do have bitdefender internet security paid installed on the second laptop I want to be sure the laptop that has the problem is virusfree Scanresultaten van Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Versie - - Gestart door Momo Beheerder op MOMOSONYLAPTOP - - Gestart vanaf C Users Momo Desktop Geladen Profielen Momo Beschikbare Profielen Momo amp Nora amp MomoSurf Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Taal Nederlands Nederland Internet Explorer Versie Standaardbrowser Chrome Boot Modus Normal Handleiding voor Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processen gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het proces zal worden gesloten Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Advanced Micro Devices C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Reservation Manager AMD Reservation Manager exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Atheros C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe AnchorFree Inc C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin cmw srv exe AnchorFree Inc C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exe Paramount Software UK Ltd C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Popcorn Time C Program Files x Popcorn Time Updater exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe Atheros Communications C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe PIXELA CORPORATION C Program Files x PIXELA VideoBrowser CameraMonitor exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Evernote Corp Walnut St... Read more

A:spam send in skype account to all skype contacts - cannot load page safety scan

I downloaded the safety scanner from microsoft from my other laptop without any issue.

copied it to a usb, put it on the problem laptop, a full scan and nothing found.

I realize I did had a antivirus paid version (kaspersky internet securuity) on the laptop, as I first said that it had no antivirus.

I only disabled it because it had problems running.

Now I enabled it, updated it and run a full scan. nothing found.

I don't know if skype is the cause and not a virus?  the skype workers told me that the cause could be anything (email, virus on computer).

I mostly use skype on iphone, and here I'm confused with what the skype workers said: one said that iphone can not be infected, so no need to check the iphone.
an other said: you can download an app from app store to scan for viruses, because it is possible that the virus is on the iphone.

This is really not clear anymore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600944/spam-send-in-skype-account-to-all-skype-contacts-cannot-load-page-safety-scan/
Relevancy 44.29%

skype runs ok in my VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT, but icon/shortcut of skype in desktop, do not seem instead shows a small null icon, well what to do to be seen ?

A:skype runs ok in my VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT, but icon/shortcut of skype in desktop, do

Hello Ise,

You might see if creating a new shortcut for it directly from the .exe file of Skype may work instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/230884-skype-runs-ok-my-vista-home-basic-32bit-but-icon-shortcut-skype-desktop-do.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have 8.1. I installed Skype in my typical folders of "c:\programs" (I never install in "program files" unless program is forced to do so. All associated files should be, as they are coded, in "C:\Users\main\AppData\Roaming\Skype."My question....Will uninstalling the Metro Skype from its (memory hogging, fake) desktop affect, in anyway, my actual Skype (including logs)?Thank you.I reply as fast as I can, but it could be hours or months. Always busy.

A:Uninstall Windows 8 Metro Skype Affect Regular Skype?

Well for starters you shouldn't really install two versions of Skype on the same PC.Uninstall both, then install the version you prefer.Accept the default install location as I can see no good reason for doing otherwise.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/uninstall-windows-8-metro-skype-affect-regular-skype/1784.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I've experienced some problems and discomfort with skype for win - not able to show screen - terrible design - very slow response i e when I click RMB the menu shows up in works Skype 8 terribly, worse is Win desktop for Skype for several seconds and I expect to see it immideately - doesn't understand links to skype chat like skype chat amp blob blahblahblah when I click it nothing happens I've also Skype for Win 8 works terribly, Skype for desktop is worse tried skype for desktop it was even worse - when I changed online status Skype for Win 8 works terribly, Skype for desktop is worse to invisible i've also tried with N A skype stopped to receive and send messages - when this or another error occurs I try to kill skype process via task manager TM then firstly says that skype is not responding so i am trying to kill process after that TM stops responding as well So when i've tried skype for desktop i had to reboot my laptop about times in a day Now I've installed skype from Store back but I still need to go to skype chat Could anyone please help me either make skype x x work on win or enter the chat which i need Here's my system http i imgur com Fu f png Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/18920-skype-win-8-works-terribly-skype-desktop-worse.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Skype asked me to link my account with Hotmail and then wouldn't accept my login. When i tried resetting the password, Skype said it would send the code to my phone, then to my secondary email. i received neither notification and now Skype has locked me out.
Help?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445198-had-link-hotmail-skype-accounts-skype-now-not-letting-me-log.html
Relevancy 43%

My skype contacts are missing with newest skype and the support gives me
"Carissa M.
First, ensure that you are signed in with the correct Skype Name." 
Could anyone upload skype 6.1 or lower please... 
Also does anyone know why the skype crashes when trying to login with microsoft account on newest version 6.3.60.105
Thanks 

A:Skype retarded support: Anyone upload Skype 6.1

You can find 6.1 online with a quick google search, such as at http://www.filepuma.com/download/skype_6.1.0.129-2261/For even older versions: http://www.oldversion.com/windows/skype-5-9-0-123Don't have version 6.3 to verify the crash issue using the microsoft log in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489664/skype-retarded-support-anyone-upload-skype-61/
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently did an unusually long Windows update that took about an hour in total, and once my computer was running again, Windows gadgets said "Windows Desktop Gadgets has stopped working" and then I tried to open Skype which also said "Skype has stopped working". I tried updating Java, a second Windows update, uninstalling and reinstalling Skype, advanced uninstalling Skype and reinstalling, but nothing I'm doing seems to be having any effect. I'm completely out of ideas, and was hoping someone could help me to solve this?

A:After Windows update Skype and Windows Desktop Gadgets no longer run.

Bump. This is at 100 views with no one offering any advice. I'm really stuck here, I've exhausted everything that I know how to do to fix faulty computers. I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/283573-after-windows-update-skype-windows-desktop-gadgets-no-longer-run.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have always used Skype for Desktop and only recently found that there is a Skype Modern App on my system.
From what I have read it would seem the best plan would be to ditch the App and just continue with the desktop version.
Have there been any recent changes that would make the the Modern App a better solution than the Desktop version?

A:Skype for Desktop vs Skype Modern App

They have updated it recently so it doesn't continue to ring even when you have answered the desktop version which is why I uninstalled it in the first place. This means in theory you could install both and answer whichever you felt like at the time.

I prefer the look of the desktop version personally so I never re-installed the Modern App version.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48219-skype-desktop-vs-skype-modern-app.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have tried everything imaginable to get rid of these two.  I can delete Skype via 
control panel, but it comes back and re-installs itself.  
Click to call will not go away.  When I try to use the control panel I get a message that 
says, "close Chrome browsers to uninstall".   I've tried doing that and still get that same message.
I've even uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it with the same result.
These two are like a bad dream.   
Any help with completely deleting both would be appreciated.

Regards, 
Len

A:I can't get rid of Skype or Skype Click To Call!!

If you haven't followed the instructions given in link below....try that.
How can I completely uninstall and then reinstall Skype for Windows desktop?

You can also try using Revo in Advanced Mode to remove Skype.
Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585550/i-cant-get-rid-of-skype-or-skype-click-to-call/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have both on my Windows 10 pc and only Skype Preview seems to actually work. What's really weird is I can't find much about either online, so I'm not even sure if Messaging + Skype is being continued or even still functional. Does it require a companion phone app to work? (I use Android). Messaging + Skype can't seem to find any of my Skype contacts while Skype Preview can.
Just really confused on how barebones and non-functional this all seems, even after some Googling. Can anyone shed some light for me?

A:Skype Preview vs. Messaging + Skype

Messaging + skype has been discontinued. Everything will be focused on Skype Preview now
Links: http://www.windowscentral.com/skype-...d-mobile-works http://www.windowscentral.com/messag...versary-update
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438562-skype-preview-vs-messaging-skype.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Not so much a software support question, but this is the best I could figure it'd go into... but if I have an Office 365 subscription that includes 60 minutes of Skype calling a month, do I still need to purchase a Skype number so people can call me and for people to know who's calling them?

I tested it out as it is right now and when I call my dad's phone, says "Unknown caller."

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/126213-skype-calling-skype-number.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Today we have released an update to Skype 5.5 for Windows.

With this update we have introduced support for Microsoft Windows 8.
Full release notes for 5.5.0.117 are:

New features:

Introduced Microsoft Windows 8 support

Skype 5.5 for Windows

A:Skype 5.5 for Windows update: Support for Windows 8

Thanks for the heads up! Finally got it to actually install.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/2236-skype-5-5-windows-update-support-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I don't understand what are the benefits of using UWP vs desktop apps (like Viber and Skype) and having two versions installed on my PC seems a bit strange.

A:Should I use Skype UWP or Skype Desktop app on my PC?

The future is the UWP app. It will be replacing the desktop app. Benefits are notification integration and security.
I would go with the new app. It appears to work well here as a preview, and only expect it to get better.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435964-should-i-use-skype-uwp-skype-desktop-app-my-pc.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have been using Skype paid calls for business usage and have huge problems with the Other side not hearing me well or at all. It used to work OK but now I have to restart hub or reconnect or just wait . This is for calls to International. If I call skype to skype it is OK most of time. My provider BT has checked all hub settings and network seems fine. I am about to give up on skype to non skype as a business option and the fact I am spending good money and cant get instant support really doesnt help. I am out of ideas
Using Vista with Broadband wireless hub and have good connection with other devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-to-non-skype-no-quality.821193/
Relevancy 38.27%

so is there any differenced between thses two and I nedd both of them?

A:Do I need both Skype app and Skype for desktop?

Unless you are on an RT tablet I would just use the desktop version, from the reviews the app is not very good, perhaps after some future updates it will be better.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16445-do-i-need-both-skype-app-skype-desktop.html
Relevancy 37.41%

i have tryed to log in to skype to day but all it does is log in for ages then come up with an error "skype can't connect" i have tried everything to fix it but nothing works. i have uninstalled it, restarted pc, restarted modem. i can connect to everything else but skype and it was working earlier today.

A:skype error "skype can't connect"

no one gonna help -_-

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/269080-skype-error-skype-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi looks like MS will be sneaking win 10 updates to win 8.1 users starting the last of july from various
sites on the web correct ?
I like 8.1 and want to keep it so what updates do I need to delete fast so MS doesn t spam me dead; I
hope somebody here can keep win 8.1 users updated as needed - thanks

Relevancy 36.98%

We have NT 4.0 Servers and Win 9.x clients. Is there a way to force a PC to logoff from the server, after 15 minutes of inactivity? If NT can't do it, are there other applications that may accomplish this?

A:Forced Log-off

Greetings

What do you mean by "logoff the server"? Do you want the Win9x machines to shut down or do you want them to act like the user has selectec "logoff Username" from the start bar?

What are you actually trying to achieve? Are you trying to get it so that when users go home at night, the machines are not logged onto the domain, and another person can not use their machine to maliciously delete files etc off the severs?

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forced-log-off.29158/
Relevancy 36.55%

Firefox 34 doers something I do not like. So Install 28 and got it back the way I like it. But just now it reverted back to version 324. Why am I being force to use a version I do not like?Specifically, the search bar no longer  makes it easy to change engines. I want it the way it was. Like it used to be.   

A:Forced to use FireFox 34.

Automatic update must have been enabled. Turn of these setting : (Tools > options > Advanced > update)

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,148161.0.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi everyone I have an shutdown Forced Inspiron Dell computer Windows Vista -bit operating Forced shutdown system gb RAM Intel core duo CPU GHz I am Forced shutdown on the Dell reccomended power plan which indicates equality between the use of battery and performance So here's my problem I will leave my computer plugged in or not doesn't seem to matter alone for about - minutes When I come back the screen is black and when I move the mouse one of two things happens It stays black and I am forced to shutdown by holding down the power button It goes back to whatever I was working on but then freezes- I can move the mouse around bu can't click on anything and am again forced to shutdown Anyone have any experience with this or know what to do I've had some blue screens before as well I don't know if that is related or not I have absolutely no clue when it comes to computers so I would appreciate any help Thanks Oh I wanted to add that I have tried ctrl alt delete and that does not have any effect

A:Forced shutdown

Try new video drivers. I prefer the one's from the manufacturer of the video chipset (ATI, nVidia, Intel, etc) over the one's from Dell.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213139/forced-shutdown/
Relevancy 36.55%

I've had a Windows 8 PC for some time now. Everything works fine on it. I get the nag to upgrade to 8.1 every now and then, but I always dismiss it. Today, when I woke up the computer, it told me the update was ready but I had to reboot. My only choice was to postpone the reboot. I didn't really want to update it because, as I said, it was working fine. It gets along with my home network, etc. I went ahead and told it to "reboot now" since any other option was just putting off the inevitable.

It's at 78% setting up now. What can I expect?

My concern is that I also have a laptop that I use more often that also only has Windows 8. I get the nag to upgrade on it as well. I'm concerned I'm going to turn it on one morning and be forced to upgrade it as well.

A:PC just FORCED Windows 8.1. Now What?

If Windows Update started the download and install then the required previous updates had been done, shouldn't be a big problem. I've done a Desktop and a Notebook without issues.

By the way, I think there was something about the Update to 8.1 would be automatically pushed if one hadn't gotten it yet.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55479-pc-just-forced-windows-8-1-now-what.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Computer crash while afk

Here is the link that I have contacted BSOD support and the helper recommanded me to ask for help here too.

All the details of my system and error report is included in that link

I have the virus/trojan/spyware details included in this thread too.

I thank to VirGnarus
and I also appreciate your helps!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/forced-restart-while-afk-610590.html
Relevancy 36.55%

What updates from MS am I looking for to delete so that I can stay with windows 8.1; which I love and not let MS sneak windows 10 into my setup ?What numbers am I looking for to delete fast  -  thanks

Relevancy 36.55%

I am using win 8.1 and will keep it and not upgrading to anything else from M S  so what am I looking for and where do I look

to make sure I am not forced in upgrades and can it stopped before the fact and not after ?

If an upgrade sneaks in under my radar how do I revert back to 8.1  ?   :  (

A:Forced M S upgrades

Hi Pestyone What are you afraid of right now? You're afraid that Microsoft makes you upgrade, but upgrade to what? Windows 10? This isn't the case right now and it won't be until at least 3 months. Plus, I really doubt that they'll force an upgrade to Windows 10 via a silent update, this would be unethical and a lot of users would complain about it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574281/forced-m-s-upgrades/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi For my first post this may be a bit silly not an emergency just Forced slowdown? an Forced slowdown? oddity Seems like every so often as in just now my system starts to run slower and slower it had been doing so for several hours today and Forced slowdown? I once again rebooted Killing processes doesn't help and eventually I have to reboot Windows then installs updates and all is well until the next time As far as I can tell this is always when there are updates that need to be installed Seems as if the slowdown is forced on the system so that there will Forced slowdown? be a reboot This is a real PITA if when I am in the middle of something that takes a lot of concentration As I say it's just happened again After a reboot and updates installed all is well Anyone else see this I don't think I am being paranoid - if that means anything At the point I rebooted only Gb Gb of memory were is use but cursor movement was really slow - almost unusable I am running Win Home edition SP bit I can provide full specs but that doesn't seem to be the issue I scan with Malwarebytes and Spybot S amp D daily and use AVG for the rest of my security so I think my system is clean Any thoughts

A:Forced slowdown?

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529356/forced-slowdown/
Relevancy 36.55%

ny computer is forced to restart automatically it is very annoying here is the result of hijack this let me know if there is suspicious dangerous files Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common restart forced to Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate forced to restart ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent forced to restart exe C WINDOWS System mnmsrvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C PROGRA INCRED bin IMApp exe C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client pnagent exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exe C PROGRA NORTON navw exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C DOCUME Yulia F LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www nytimes com O - BHO DownloadRedirect Class - - CB - C- C D- FA D D A - C Program Files iMesh iMesh iMeshBHO dll O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO iMeshBar BHO - A A - A- -B - B FEBA FE - C Program Files iMeshBar bar bin IMESHBAR DLL O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar iMeshBar - A A - A- -B - B FEBA FE - C Program Files iMeshBar bar bin IMESHBAR DLL O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run eMusicClient C Program Files Winamp eMusic eMusicClient exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver quot C WINDOWS system rundll exe quot msconf dll CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHook O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run Gadwin PrintScreen C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe nosplash O - HKCU Run Update Service C PROGRA COMMON TEKNUM update exe startup O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Startup BitTorrent lnk C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe O ... Read more

A:forced to restart

I'm going to move you tentatively to the security forums for someone to look at your log. I see that you are running bit torrent, which can be a huge source of bad downloads I'd recommend ditching that.

As a side note, restarts can be caused by overheating, bad ram, weak power supply, among other things.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forced-to-restart.513981/
Relevancy 36.55%

My computer will not shutdown. I have to hold the power on button to shut down.

A:forced shutdown

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forced-shutdown.1103518/
Relevancy 36.55%

My laptop is currently going hibernating at random after start-up and the problem is that once it does, it will consistently hibernate every minute or so again until I reboot. (Which leads to another cycle of hibernation.) I have already changed Hibernation to "Never" in power options but it still gives me this problem. I resorted to disabling hibernation completely. However, there will still be notifications popping up by my system telling me my that my system cannot go into hibernation mode because I disabled it.

It will be greatly appreciated if anyone can help me find out the root of this problem. Hibernation function is generally very useful for me especially in times of low battery and I will really like to enable this function again. I am using a LG R405A laptop (not a very new model) with Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2330 @1.60 GHz with Vista Home Premium 32-bit OS.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244296-forced-hibernation.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Everytime I go to Restart or Shutdown I am getting a forced showdown screen before Win 7 shutsdown. This is with all processes that I can control closed.

Here is what was running on my last shutdown:

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in that list to cause a forced shutdown. When I get the forced shutdown, I have tried to pause to see what process is causing the forced shutdown, but it never pauses and is gone so fast I can not read the process name.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate some help.

A:Forced Shutdown

Quote: Originally Posted by huffman

Everytime I go to Restart or Shutdown I am getting a forced showdown screen before Win 7 shutsdown. This is with all processes that I can control closed.

Here is what was running on my last shutdown:

Attachment 214284

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in that list to cause a forced shutdown. When I get the forced shutdown, I have tried to pause to see what process is causing the forced shutdown, but it never pauses and is gone so fast I can not read the process name.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate some help.

Go to start and type in msconfig and hit enter. Go to the startup tab and disable everything except your antivirus. Youwill get that message again when you reboot for the first time after you click restart now in msconfig. Try rebooting after the first reboot since you ran msconfig. This should improve computer performance and keep Windows from showing that message. If that dosn't help, adjust the wait to kill timeout setting as shown here: Shut Down -Speed Up

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/232372-forced-shutdown.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi,
I have Spyware Terminator, AVG Free, and Malwarebytes dled. Spyware Terminator scans are clean, but when I run AVG I'm getting two results for 'Spyware'. One is "C:\System Volume Information\_restore{106CF321-99A3-4E3A-9103-1BD027606A99}\RP346\A0112493.exe";"Adware Toolbar.CJ";"Potentially dangerous object"
and the other is "C:\System Volume Information\_restore{106CF321-99A3-4E3A-9103-1BD027606A99}\RP346\A0112493.exe:\ns_00567";"Adware Toolbar.CJ";"Potentially dangerous object"

Both are Adware Toolbar.CJ
Typically I would remove these by clicking 'remove all unhealed infections'. But when I do, a warning pops up saying that forced removal could cause system instability or crash, and it gives me an option to remove anyway. Is it safe to forcably remove these infections?
And what kind of infection is that anyway? Thanks!

A:AVG, forced removal.

The detected _restore{GUID}\RP***\A00*****.xxx file(s) identified by your scan are in the System Volume Information Folder (SVI) which is a part of System Restore. The *** after RP represents a sequential number automatically assigned by the operating system. The ***** after A00 represents a sequential number where the original file was backed up and renamed except for its extension. To learn more about this, refer to:Restore Point ForensicsForensic Analysis of System Restore Points in Microsoft Windows XPSystem Restore is the feature that protects your computer by monitoring a core set of system and application files and by creating backups (snapshots saved as restore points) of vital system configurations and files before changes are made. These restore points can be used to "roll back" your computer to a clean working state in the event of a problem. This makes it possible to undo harmful changes to your system configurations including registry modifications made by software or malware by reverting the operating systems configuration to an earlier date. See What's Restored when using System Restore and What's Not.The SVI folder is protected by permissions that only allow the system to have access and is hidden by default on the root of every drive, partition or volume including most external drives, and some USB flash drives. For more detailed information, read System Restore Overview and How it works and How antivirus software and System Restore work together.System Restore is enabled by default and will back up the good as well as malicious files, so when malware is present on the system it gets included in restore points as an A00***** file. If you only get a detection on a file in the SVI folder, that means the original file was on your system in another location at some point and probably has been removed. However, when you scan your system with anti-virus or anti-malware tools, you may receive an alert that a malicious file was detected in the SVI folder (in System Restore points) but the anti-virus software was unable to remove it. Since the SVI folder is a protected directory, most anti-virus and scanning tools cannot access it to disinfect or delete these files. If not removed, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point.To remove these file(s), the easiest thing to do is Create a New Restore Point to enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state and use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recent restore point. Vista and Windows 7 users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point in Vista or Windows 7 and Disk Cleanup in Vista.Note: A Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) is a very broad threat category that can include any number of different programs to include those which are benign as well as malicious. They may also be defined somehwat differently by various security vendors.Lavasoft: What are Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPS)?McAfee White Paper: Potentially Unwanted ProgramsAVG FAQ 2443: Potentially Unwanted Programs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303727/avg-forced-removal/
Relevancy 36.55%

Is there anyway I can get a program to minimize that refuses to? If not that, possibly a way to hide said program from the screen?

A:Forced Minimization

What program? Does it have a minimize button on the upper right toolbar?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/forced-minimization-1120561.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello All, I have a laptop and a netbook both running 8.1 I upgraded from 8 but the upgrade forced me to create an account (Shades of Mac there) I didn't mind because I have always had great help from Microsoft. The problem is that I now have to sign in whenever I boot my computers and I don't wish to do so, how can I change this ? I would like to say in conclusion that I am a big fan since the advent of 8.1 as you can choose to boot to desktop if you want and then flip between the two it's becoming a truly universal system.

A:Forced To Sign In

Local Account - Switch to in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/44236-forced-sign.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Ok this has now happened no rivals com and when I was Being different forced to site lookng at one article on espn com When the page loads it shows below it has finished loading the page but show a white page then quickly loads this dell search page The address for Being forced to different site the website that it could not find this time on rivals is http ad yieldmanager com st Fad type Here is a screenshot of the search page that I took a little over a month ago when I had the same problem I stopped going to rivals com where I normally had the problem so I never knew if it really went away or not I went there actually once after I had run all the programs and had no problems that one time Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Beavis on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Installed Java TM Update - - UTC - RP - Made by Registry Mechanic O - - UTC - RP - Made by Registry Mechanic O -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Beavis exe ---------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files DC DCPlusPlus exe C Documents and Settings Beavis Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE W R VD dss exe C PROGRA HIJACK Beavis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www satx rr com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c Program Files BAE BAE dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restricti... Read more

Relevancy 36.55%

I recently downloaded zSuite if you don t already know it s essentially a modding program for the Zune and I needed to turn off UAC to run it to administrator EVERYTHING Forced as run So I shut it off and rebooted my computer and for some reason check disk CHKDSK starts to run Whatever I just let it run It took like minutes deleting and replacing random files before it finished and booted up I put Forced to run EVERYTHING as administrator in my password and tried to log in but it wasn t able to and logged me into a temporary profile instead I fiddled around with it and eventually just used system restore back to the recommended point in time which fixed the problem but now whenever I run any program at all I have to right click and go down to quot run as administrator quot if I just double click it says quot program is already running but is not responding please close the task or reboot quot or something similar depending on the program I have rebooted several times to no avail and I am at a total loss to explain what exactly is going on nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

Windows 7.
Numerous times I have tried to reboot my computer, because it?s running slow, or sluggish. When I close all open files, and try to reboot, I get message saying something is running, do you want to force the program to shut down.
How can I find out what is running?
After reboot the computer runs faster.

A:Forced Reboot

Check task manager and view processes...When asking you to force shut down there is a list behind it saying waiting for program(s) services to stop:
Check if there is any programs in the list and end its process in the task manager....
If you don't see anything, just wait for about 5 minutes.
If that didn't work, force shut down and remove all crap software from your computer.
REDUCE software killing process timeout:
Go to desktop--->Right click--->New--->Shortcut--->Type this:
Code:
shutdown.exe -s -t 00 -f
---->Next-->finish.
Now launch it.
#2nd way:
+ R -->Type Regedit.exe --->Enter---> UAC Prompt click yes---->Keep expanding this path:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
Should look like this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368028-forced-reboot.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Don t if anyone can help but a friend keeps getting forced offline when visiting certain web sites using IE When it happens the only way he can clear it is to reboot the PC although once he even had to re-install his modem drivers I have attached HJT any suggestions Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema Kernel TV CLSched exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema PCMService exe C Program Files CyberLink Being forced off-line PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Being forced off-line WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Being forced off-line Program Files iTunes Being forced off-line iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files EPSON Creativity Suite Event Manager EEventManager exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Program Files MailWasher Pro MailWasher exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Internet Download hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www meshcomputers com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run A C- F - -A BE- DD D A quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerBackup PBKScheduler exe quot O - HKLM Run Ptipbmf rundll exe ptipbmf dll SetWriteCacheMode O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files... Read more

A:Being forced off-line

Can anyone help please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/being-forced-off-line.439548/
Relevancy 36.55%

So it's TRUE that they are forcing windows 7 & 8 users.
This is ridiculous! Sorry for the anger btw but i had to bring this
to people's attention. I do not want windows 10 for several
reasons. Some being personal. Am i the only any one who finds this
disturbing also how avoid this update besides turning off automatic
updates? Personally they've tried to get me through streaming on
a download when i needed a framework but it was a pathetic attempt
and i quickly deleted the .exe.

A:Are you serious right now?(Windows 10 forced)

Hello Aunoni, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Windows 10 is not being forced on you. If you don't want to upgrade to Windows 10, you don't have to.

Upgrade to Windows 10 Update - Enable or Disable in Windows 7 or 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums

Get Windows 10 Icon - Remove from Taskbar in Windows 7 and 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393123-you-serious-right-now-windows-10-forced.html
Relevancy 36.55%

When I turn my computer off I get the error: 1 program need to close: Iexplorer.exe
Which I don't have it open. Even if I opened it I closed it. This started doing this today. Any ideas what to do?

A:forced shutdown

I would probably check for toolbars that have been installed to Internet explorer. Usually has to do with online sevices that update a particular webpage or service on the machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/188260-forced-shutdown.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a new computer with a fresh install of Win Pro -bit The computer properties tells me I'm not in Domain into Forced a domain just a workgroup but when I try to login to another computer it tells me I'm in the domain LAPTOP LAPTOP is the name Forced into Domain of my computer Then it doesn't allow me to change my domain so I cannot log into the other computer because it is on a domain and I must log into that domain I have tried domain userid but that doesn't work because it insists I'm in the domain LAPTOP FYI I have also changed the properties from Forced into Domain 'computer on a business network' to 'home computer--not on network' but it doesn't stick It just resets to 'computer on a business network' I'm pretty certain these issues are related This seems like a Windows bug It needs to be fixed ASAP I need to be able to access other computers I have never had do not have this problem with other machines I've been told that a fresh install of Windows will fix this problem but as this is a fresh install I doubt it will work and I don't want to spend hours backing up and reinstalling the same bug Can anyone recommend anything

A:Forced into Domain

I have the same problem.
My Win 7 laptop is set up for "workgroup," which is the network name of other computers on my LAN.
When I try to connect, Win 7 sees the other computers, but selecting one, I get that popup that says at the top "Network Password." Then lower, fill ins for the user name on the computer I'm trying to connect to and the next line: password for the user I'm trying to connect to.
Below that it tells me I am a member of a domain, that has my laptop's name.
But the Laptop is set up to be a member of the "workgroup," not a domain.

So, no log in to the other systems is working. A domain computer won't be able to connect to a work group. Even if Win 7 telling me I belong to a domain is incorrect, any user name and password I enter for the computer I'm trying to connect with does not work. Another popup comes on asking me to enter the network password.

i also tried entering the password of the LAN, thinking that might solve it but it didn't.
and I tried entering the name of the user, with just the user name, as well a username using it's complete location on the network: \\(computer name)\(user name).

Nothing works and I can't connect to other compturers on the LAN.
And as this thread say's, Win 7 is saying I'm a member of a domain.

So, same problem here.
Oh, I also set up user accounts on the Win 7 computer with the same name and password as on the other computers in the LAN--but that didn't do any good, either.

Help please,
Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/169564-forced-into-domain.html
Relevancy 36.55%

hi every one... I just bought a new hp laptop with inbuilt windows 8...I don't have much knowledge of computer....and windows 8 is quite different....
my laptop is jus 25 days old but in these 25 days I had to forcefully shut it down 8 times by pressing the power button few seconds since it froze...
I just want to know how bad it is to forcefully shut down laptop this frequently??? how can I avoid it or solve it and what are its effects??

plssssssssssss help.... very worried!!!!

A:forced shut down!!

type on the start screen, Change what power buttons do,...go into the power settings and uncheck the Fast Startup option and save. You may have to use link at top to change settings that are grayed and unavailable.

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/15070-forced-shut-down.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I am having a problem with a popup window that says that I scheduled Shutdowns Forced requested a system shutdown on my computer no matter what I Forced Shutdowns am doing It counts down from seconds and then forces windows to shutdown This happens regardless of what applications I m running sometimes - times a day and sometimes every few days The computer also seems to be running slower especially when trying to load webpages but that may be due to the fact the computer is years old Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx Forced Shutdowns exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Upromise dca-ua exe C Program Files Upromise UpromiseTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Audible Bin AudibleDownloadHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C PROGRA HEWLET Shared HPQTOA EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X HPBOID EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X HPBPRO EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X HPBOID EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X HPBPRO EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www blockbuster com acctmgmt er com acctmgmt displayRegisterSubName action R - URLSearchHook Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files Zynga tbZyng dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files Zynga tbZyng dll O - BHO DCA - B FC- - -A CB-C A A A EEC - C Program Files Upromise dca-bho dll O - BHO ToolHelper - EDC F F-F B - e -B E- FAEB FA - C Program Files Upromise upromisetoolbar dll O - Toolbar Zynga Toolbar - b ec e- a- b -b cb- b - C Program Files Zynga tbZyng dll O - Toolbar Upromise TurboSaver - E E E-F CB- - E-A C BD E - C Program Files Upromise upromisetoolbar dll... Read more