Windows Support Forum

AMD FirePro M6100 Video Card does not work properly in the Precision Mobile Workstation M6800. Is Dell ever going to fix this Major Problem?

Q: AMD FirePro M6100 Video Card does not work properly in the Precision Mobile Workstation M6800. Is Dell ever going to fix this Major Problem?

The AMD Video Card does AMD Major M6800. M6100 the to Video in fix not ever this work Workstation Mobile Card Precision Dell properly Problem? Is FirePro going in the Precision Mobile Workstation M Does Not Work in Windows due to a driver problem and Dell has done nothing to resolve this problem that they have known about for nearly a year nbsp Has anyone found a solution to this problem The discrete GPU is a critical piece of hardware AMD FirePro M6100 Video Card does not work properly in the Precision Mobile Workstation M6800. Is Dell ever going to fix this Major Problem? in this model but it is unusable in Windows with Hyper-V enabled AMD FirePro M6100 Video Card does not work properly in the Precision Mobile Workstation M6800. Is Dell ever going to fix this Major Problem? nbsp Dell provides Windows drivers that work with Hyper-V for every other GPU option for this computer but the driver provided by Dell for the FirePro M GPU Does Not Work The only solution for this problem is to disable Hyper-V in Windows nbsp Dell directed me to get the highest model of their Precision Mobile Workstations line specifically because I need to run Virtual Machines in Hyper-V nbsp By the time I discovered the problem it was too late to return or exchange the computer that Dell helped me configure for this purpose I have the Precision Mobile Workstation M configured as follows AMD FirePro M6100 Video Card does not work properly in the Precision Mobile Workstation M6800. Is Dell ever going to fix this Major Problem? i - MQ GHz Quad Core Processor w integrated Intel HD Video GB of DDR L- MHz Ram AMD FirePro M discrete Video Card w GB Ram TB RAID- Array TB mSATA SSD amp TB quot SATA SSD Optical Bay TB SATA RPM Hard Drive x Blu Ray Recorder swappable with Optical Bay Hard Drive FIPS fingerprint reader w TPM I hope that someone has found a solution to this problem in a similar configured M nbsp if you had the same problem with your M and you fixed it please let me know how to fix this nbsp If there is no way to get the FirePro M to work properly in the computer that Dell designed it for nbsp then Dell should exchange it for a video card that actually works properly I hope someone at Dell will read this post and help me to fix this problem nbsp I should not have to spend hundreds of dollars to change the video card because Dell cannot fix this well known driver problem

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19982851
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: AMD FirePro M6100 Video Card does not work properly in the Precision Mobile Workstation M6800. Is Dell ever going to fix this Major Problem?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 141.36%

I have just received a M laptop it has gb ram and i processor and gb SSD and a tb hdd with a the built in intel hd display and a firepro m and it is running Windows When I booted it Friday using a DVI connected display and a M6100 AMD Precision Dell issues M6800 with Firepro graphics display port to DVI display and a usb display it worked fine I started installing SQL server and visual studio etc I had Dell Precision M6800 with AMD Firepro M6100 graphics issues to reboot Dell Precision M6800 with AMD Firepro M6100 graphics issues and now the display on the display port gets garbled Dell Precision M6800 with AMD Firepro M6100 graphics issues up when it gets to the screen you click to log in I have tried this on a few EPort replicators and it happens almost everytime I have installed the latest AMD drivers first from Dell then from AMD and that has not helped I even rest windows and it happened after that I have booted it with display port plugged in and it booted to a garbled display then when I disconnected the cord the remaining displays cleaned right up I am not sure what will help me at this point Anyone have any ideas what to do next Thanks Later

A:Dell Precision M6800 with AMD Firepro M6100 graphics issues

I have a couple basic suggestions, first try testing with just the LCD, reboot several times and make sure that there aren't any problems with no external displays attached.
I also suggest making sure that when testing make sure that the AC adapter is connected to the notebook.  I suggest also selecting the high performance power plan in Windows as well.
If you boot without the display port display connected are they any problems, once booted to Windows are you able to connect the display port connection without any issues?
Also check the BIOS settings under video, there is a checkbox for Enable dock DP port 1 for Post, by default it is unchecked, check it and see if it helps.

TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19664694
Relevancy 97.03%

good day to everyone
I have a Dell Precision Workstation M6800 , brand new that I run using Docking station , I've noticed that the temperature gets between 70- 80 C with little tasks being done ,
could it be dock station cause the laptop overheat.
this morning i just turned on the pc and noticed that the temperature got to 70c in few seconds
i am just wondering what it could be happening with brand new laptop
I use two software to monitor the pc temperature AID64 Extreme and Spccy Professional edition , both of them nearly give the same result
is that temperature normal
any help, much appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380596-dell-precision-workstation-m6800-over-heating.html
Relevancy 95.48%

Have scouted around in the forums amp don t see this topic so here goes Would appreciate some guidance on the optimal placement for thermal pads amp thermal paste on an AMD FirePro M graphics card in a Precision m I am upgrading the stock FirePro M to the M The installation, pads FirePro and Precision M6100 FireGL card thermal ATI m6600, paste thermal graphics AMD cards are similiar but not Precision m6600, AMD ATI FirePro M6100 FireGL graphics card installation, thermal pads and thermal paste identical I know I need to put thermal paste on the GPU itself so I ve secured some IC Diamond Carat to do just that However the VRAM s amp other raised surfaces on the card most likely need thermal pads or paste amp the vendor just put a big light blue green thermal pad in w the card amp doesn t have any guides on where it is to be put exactly I have plenty of pad material to use from the M amp heatsink currently in the notebook as well amp have re-purposed many of them but temp still spikes to degrees amp climbing when it s pushed w high-end graphics in various applications so I m looking to stop that Greatly appreciate any pointers you can provide Have contacted AMD re this amp they said I need to ping Dell Have reached out on several forums as well amp still no go Thanks again

A:Precision m6600, AMD ATI FirePro M6100 FireGL graphics card installation, thermal pads and thermal paste

Hi there... I know the post is old but would like to share my experience on the topic. I have the M6600 with 2820QM processor and AMD M6100. When adding thermal pads over the GPU there is a potential for the GPU card to bend so I did not risk it - I simply added thermal paste. The GPU sits perfectly flush on the heatsink body, the supporting hardware modules around the card also sits flush on the segments within heatsink body. My unit is happy at 47 celsius when idling, and will not go over 85 celsius when pushed to the limit. I suggest that you keep it simple and and just strip the pads out.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19624557
Relevancy 84.01%

Hello Any help greatly appreciated this is driving me up the wall ATI Firepro M6100 Random GPU M6600 on - atikmdag BSOD Dell and I've run out forums to read and things to try Others seem to have had luck with driver reinstall I've searched for this atikmdag BSOD error fully i presume wiped the ATI drivers several times and replaced with various versions I need to use certain workstation graphics Random BSOD atikmdag on Dell M6600 - ATI Firepro M6100 GPU drivers for compatibility with Solidworks CAD package Known fault with Dell Random BSOD atikmdag on Dell M6600 - ATI Firepro M6100 GPU M ATI Firepro M is that the ATI drivers software install the wrong version the M is derived from a standard graphics card I believe and this is what gets installed At present in Device Manager the correct Display Driver is shown I haven't gone more than days without a BSOD for several months Please could you review the zip as BSOD instructions requested I do get other random BSODs but assumed they were linked to ATI but may be whole bunch of things wrong hence the call for help A BIOS running reflashed to make sure Cleared all temp folders I could find prefetch disabled pagefile to flush short of full Windows reinstall impossible due to amount of work related single-use license software on this machine I'm rather stuck and it's impacting my work when it crashes and corrupts Solidworks models Kind Regards dreamdemon

A:Random BSOD atikmdag on Dell M6600 - ATI Firepro M6100 GPU

By disabling the pagefile, you have prevented the required BSOD .dmp files being written to the disk.

Do the following:

1. Configure Windows to create minidumps:
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

2. Set the paging file on C: to be the same size as the physically installed RAM:
Virtual Memory Paging File - Change

3. Set the Windows Error Reporting service to MANUAL:
Services - Start or Disable

Now Run Driver Verifier as follows:

Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Driver Verifier will cause your computer to run very sluggishly - this is normal. What it is trying to do is force your system to BSOD and isolate the offending driver/s. When it does, reboot, disable driver verifier, reboot as normal and upload the new dmp file/s here.

I recommend creating a system restore point before turning on driver verifier:
System Restore Point - Create

If your system fails to boot to desktop once driver verifier is enabled, turn it off by booting into Safe Mode:
Safe Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364141-random-bsod-atikmdag-dell-m6600-ati-firepro-m6100-gpu.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Contacted Dell about purchasing a WWAN card for Verizon for my Precision M6800.  They told me to buy the 5802 LTE/4G Mobile Broadband Mini-Card.  After purchasing / installing the card, I can't find any drivers for it that will install on the Precision M6800.  Every installation comes up with notification "This is not a DELL system".  After 2 hours on support with them, was informed that the 5802 is not compatible, and that I would need the 5808 instead.  Except the 5808 is a different physical size / shape and will not fit into the Precision M6800. 
So, has anybody been able to get a Mobile Broadband card to work on a Precision M6800?  If so, what did you use and how did you do it?

Thanks,
-Devin.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997227
Relevancy 104.92%

I ve been doing a lot of research work 380 Premiere with Precision Dell Will 5.1 Adobe Workstation? on this and so far configured this system to run Adobe Premiere with I m pretty new to all this so I may be missing some important components Dell Precision Workstation this system is recommended by Dell for use with Adobe Intel Pentium Processor GHz MB L MHz Microsoft Windows XP Professional Will Adobe Premiere 5.1 work with Dell Precision 380 Workstation? SP with media NTFS File System Hyper-threading feature preset to On can be disabled enabled in BIOS GB MHz DDR SDRAM Memory NECC DIMMS will probably increase it to GB Desktop Will Adobe Premiere 5.1 work with Dell Precision 380 Workstation? w -Optical drives mounted horizontally in Desktop orientation is mini-tower better System comes with an Integrated Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet Controller what is an Ethernet controller does that have to do with Will Adobe Premiere 5.1 work with Dell Precision 380 Workstation? networking another computer I also want to keep my old system running with WINS so I ll need to purchase a router that will work both with WINS and WINS XP Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet controller-PCI Express card do I need this C All SATA drives RAID drive total configuration All Systems include embedded SATA RAID capability RAID Raid requires at least drives Boot drive GB SATA RPM Hard Drive with DataBurst Cache RAID Mixing of SATA SCSI Hard Drives is allowed but the st Hard drive or Boot Hard drive must be SATA When ordering RAID all hard drives in the RAID must be exactly the same capacity speed and type nd Hard drive GB SATA RPM Hard Drive with MB DataBurst Cache CD-ROM DVD and Read-Write Devices I always get confused with what these and the - and s and RW and R s and what the difference is between a DVD Rom and one that you can write to I want to be able to use CD s to save files photos as I do with our current computer As for DVD s I would think I d need that too XCD AND X CD-RW DVD Combo w CyberLink PowerDVD No Media CD-RW AND DVD -RW w Sonic software CyberLink PowerDVD No Media not sure which one MB Dell USB Hi-Speed Memory Key Whats this Graphics card MB PCIe x nVidia Quadro NVS Dual Monitor VGA Capable Dell inch M inch viewable Flat CRT we ll only be using monitor This system comes equipped with Integrated HD audio optimized system is required when selecting these cards this Sound Blaster also confuses me Someone said on a message board that the Sound Blaster causes problems with Adobe Sound Blaster Audigy D Card with a a port Sound Blaster Audigy D Card AND a Controller Card or a Controller Card do I need the sound blaster or is this enough Thanks a bunch for your help nbsp

A:Will Adobe Premiere 5.1 work with Dell Precision 380 Workstation?

No problem whatsoever---you wont need raid for editing DV--its really not necessary. Yes your ethernet controler is for your network connections and thus it will be used for the Internet. All routers will run XP and 98. Forget about the integrated audio for any serious audio editing (the forgotten element of video editing) Also, make sure you dont use the sound blaster for you firewire connection----lots of reported problems. Go with a seperate firewire card with a TI chipset.

Last but not least, Premiere 5.1 is not a very stable program----they didn't get it right until version 6.0 so if possible, UPGRADE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-adobe-premiere-5-1-work-with-dell-precision-380-workstation.379894/
Relevancy 102.34%

Good Afternoon, I have an enterprise enviroment that is having multiple issues with BSOD on M6800. Thing is, it is not every M6800 just a small number. We can find no rhyme or reason. We have updated drivers, bios, changed system boards, docks yet they all BSOD. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380793-bsod-dell-precision-m6800.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I was wondering what the chances are of getting AMD Firepro m6100 support added to the M6700 BIOS?
m6100 support was add to the M6600's bios some time ago.  I'm not sure if it's the same m6100 card though. 
If anyone else would like to see the M6700 support m6100 cards maybe we could find a way to request that Dell make this happen..

A:AMD FIrepro m6100 in M6700 support

Dell is an official large company. I was familiar with HP products 6 years ago. Now I'm a Dell products user. I have dell precision m6700 with Quadro K3000m, I want to upgrade the machine with FirePro m6100. Make sure, dell made BIOS A15 for m6600 to support m6100 graphic card. It would be great if Dell made new BIOS for m6700 to support m6100 graphic card.
I specially request to Dell Company to make new BIOS of m6700.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19674991
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi Guys,
I needed some help with my Dell TouchPad, after some sort of drivers upgrade, I'm not able to use laptop touchpad.
Everytime when I boots up my laptop, I get this error ALPS_setmousemonitor error
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and nothing worked.
Under the device manager, the Windows 10 OS doesn't seem to detect the drivers well and always detect HID compliant mouse which is not the correct mouse driver.
Need help. This problem had been there for weeks and tried resolving myself but none work.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19962405
Relevancy 98.9%

I just got this computer used and it has pretty much nothing on it since its a fresh install/wipe. I get a hiss noise from my headphones when any sort of audio is played. If the sound is done after 1-2 mins it stops hissing. I have the most recent Realtek drivers. I have Dell Audio program built in. It does it with no enhancements on. Its not a power issue, hard drive issue since I have a ssd or fans noise. My OS is Windows 10 64 bit. Any help would be appreciated. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19989030
Relevancy 98.9%

I have been running into this issue since I received the Zbook nbsp nbsp I use the workstation for stitching issue G3 Firepro overheating Zbook 17 m6100 videos and video editing After couple of times of the Zbook shutting down while rendering a video with GPU I noticed the grill above the keyboard gets really hot during the rendering As I couldn't find any hardware temperature monitoring software pre-installed I downloaded HWmonitor and started monitoring the temperatures Here Zbook 17 G3 Firepro m6100 overheating issue are my observations nbsp When plugged in nbsp Idle temp of the GPU is - degrees Cwhen rendering the temperature quickly goes up way above degrees until the machine shuts down and I am unable to turn it off for several minutes loud beep indicates overheating I am guessing nbsp GPU fans don't seem to kick in every time HW monitor rarely shows fan speed When it does the temperature remains in the mid 's and the rendering goes as planned nbsp When on battery nbsp HWmonitor shows that GPU frequency is much lower than plugged in on battery it's around mhz plugged in is above mhz and the temperature stays in the mid 's nbsp nbsp After all those observations I am guessing there is something wrong with either my GPU driver although I have the latest version available through HP support assistant or BIOS which is also up to date nbsp nbsp I use this machine every day for my work The machine is amazing but this Zbook 17 G3 Firepro m6100 overheating issue problem really gets me and I am anxious to solve it nbsp nbsp Could anyone here suggest what I can do to fix this issue nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Zbook-17-G3-Firepro-m6100-overheating-issue/td-p/5760564
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello everyone Well I ve finally have been able to upgrade from my Vostro The Vostro was a good system but it always ran hot Dell was gracious enough to exchange my system with a Precision M Thus far I ve had GREAT customer service even with the many calls about my Vostro overheating With this new laptop I think they finally hit the mark it is NOWHERE near as hot as the Vostro on idle and while playing games With that being said I am trying to upgrade my video drivers There is an Intel integrated with the Intel Core i processor and an AMD FirePro M Both using PowerPlay to manage the graphics adapters I ve already Inquiry Upgrade Driver Precision Video M6800 downloaded both the Intel and AMD video drivers from the Dell Support website There is a warning on the Dell AMD driver Precision M6800 Video Driver Upgrade Inquiry page informing that the Intel driver has to be installed first Precision M6800 Video Driver Upgrade Inquiry When I attempt to install the Intel driver I get the following error message quot This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software quot So now I have to ask what else do I need Precision M6800 Video Driver Upgrade Inquiry in order to install the newer drivers I ve also downloaded the Intel website provided drivers and it informs that I need to go through the manufacturer to get the latest drivers Any help would be appreciative Thank you Johnathan

A:Precision M6800 Video Driver Upgrade Inquiry

@Ravi,

Since the Dell provided drivers were not working, I've gone to Inte.com and AMD.com and have downloaded both of their drivers for the Intel HD 4600 and the AMD FirePro M6100. I've made sure all video adapters were uninstalled and their drivers deleted, with the exception for the GDIHOOKS which I wasn't sure about.

After a clean reboot, I started installing the Intel provided drivers, no complaints from the driver installation wizard and it installed without error. Rebooted after installing. The display changed it resolution to something more preferable and it seems to have worked fine. Continued on...

Started the AMD FirePro AMD.com website drivers. They also didn't complain about being installed, etc. Installation took longer as expected as this was a larger package. It installed without issue. Rebooted. No other errors and everything looks good.

As a test, I checked my power saving settings. Maximum Power savings on everything Battery related. Maximum Performance on everything Plugged In related. Now, as opposed to before, when running on battery, I get over ~8-9 hours of battery life. Before when unplugged with the same power settings I was only getting about 2+ hours. Plugged the AC adapter back in and launched Portal 2 with all of its settings to the max with a resolution of 1600x900. Works great. No lagging, graphics is awesome, works well.

So, as it seems the Dell.com provided drivers either have issues with this model and OS (Precision M6800 Mobile Workstation with Windows 7 Profession 64bit), or they are not working correctly.

For anyone else who is curious, here are the links to the drivers I've used:
AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/workstation/mobile?oem=Dell&os=Windows%207%20-%2064
DOWNLOAD: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/firepro/mobile/13.152.4-whql-dell-mobile-x32x64-163382.exe

Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4600&ProdId=3720&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39DOWNLOAD: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/a08/Win64_15338.zip&lang=eng&Dwnldid=23405&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09&OSFullname=Windows+7+%2864-bit%29*

Thank you,
Johnathan

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19539991
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi ,
i 've a DELL Precision M6800 with windows 10. I get blue screen if i use wireless connection. Wireless adapter is DELL 1550.The driver is updated 7.35.333 (the latest available) . No change in configuration and no new hardware installed.Tried to downgrade the driver but same result...How can i solve this ? 

A:BSOD generated by driver bcmwl64.sys DELL wireless 1550 Precision M6800

Thank you for your message.Does the computer restart or shut down after this blue screen error?Please open device manager- expand wireless adapter- right click on the driver & click on uninstall (Do not delete driver)Update bios & make sure that all Windows updates are completedPlease try another network & check if the issue persists.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995968
Relevancy 95.03%

Thought we could accumulate some data on the M (Laptop) Thread Owner's M65 Workstation 6. Precision Mobile laptop here First here is some info starting on page of this thread over in the XPS area http en community dell com owners-club xps f t aspx PageIndex I ll try to eventually move the important data from there to here I think we have all moved on from XP by now RAM Expansion I nbsp upgraded from gb to gb Win - sees gb but says only gb usable nbsp After some Internet research nbsp seems its a problem with most Intel nbsp based laptops including Lenovos 6. M65 Precision Mobile Workstation (Laptop) Owner's Thread and HPs Still an extra gb is better than nothing over increase is still good Even though the Quadro FX- m has dedicated memory I think it also takes some shared system memory I wonder if that can account for the missing gb or is it just the bit limitation thing It was pretty cheap at Crucial CT GB kit GBx -pin SODIMM Upgrade for a Dell Precision M System Trusted Platform Module LaidBackTokyo says yes my Broadcom TPM A v is activated in bios and woks fine with z native MS Win driver i use it partly UPEK fingerprint module only since there is no good Wave Corp Embassy Suite software use with Win x 6. M65 Precision Mobile Workstation (Laptop) Owner's Thread and compatible with TPM v or at least wasn t a year amp half ago i use it with UPEK Protector Suite and everything works fine nVidia Quadro FX m video driver This nVidia Quadro FX m video driver v - March works in Windows Windows Consumer PreviewWindows Release nbsp Preview - Windows Final RTM http catalog update microsoft com v site Search aspx q fx m I think WindowsUpdate offers this same driver in Windows However if you are installing -Pro the generic driver will load on clean install You have to go into System Hardware Device Install Settings and nbsp allow drivers to download from WindowsUpdate Then WU will offer it or you can update driver from DeviceManager nbsp In Windows nbsp you have to install it manually I only tested the bit driver in Win and it works fine The nbsp Windows driver ID for the -bit driver is MB download The Windows driver ID for the -bit driver is MB download Windows Pro Clean Install Clean install Go into System Hardware Device Install Settings and allow drivers to download from WindowsUpdate Update FingerPrint Reader driver from WindowsUpdateUpdate nbsp nVidia Quadro FX m video driver nbsp from WindowsUpdateUpdate quot O Micro OZ USB CCID Smartcard Reader quot nbsp from WindowsUpdate No other drivers seem to be required Modem Ethernet WiFi Card Readers etc all seem to be working

A:6. M65 Precision Mobile Workstation (Laptop) Owner's Thread

Windows 8 (64 bit) Preview:
Clean install.
Go into System/Hardware/Device Install Settings and allow drivers to download from WindowsUpdate.Update FingerPrint Reader driver from WindowsUpdate (if it didn't already load)Manually install nVidia Quadro FX 350m video driver  (v7.15.11.7967)
No other drivers seem to be required (Modem, Ethernet, WiFi, Card Readers, etc. all seem to be working)
If Dual/Tri Booting:
Win-8 must be installed after XP, Vista or Win-7 if you also want those on your machine. I suggest installing each to their own partition.
After full install, run Easy-BCD, and put things back to normal (I like Win-7 to be default) . Remove the new Win-8 boot-screen selector (that assumes you have a touch-screen and touch-enables Dual-Booting).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19453973
Relevancy 94.6%

I just got a new work laptop Precision M and it has the FirePro M k video card I am having issues with it where it stops refreshing The reason I know this is the problem is because if I run DP monitors laptop screen - M4800 - FirePro randomly stops Dell Precision laptop Win10 M5100 refreshing screen my mouse cursor will freeze on the laptop screen and if I keep moving the mouse left I now have a mouse Dell Precision M4800 laptop screen stops refreshing randomly - FirePro M5100 - Win10 cursor that is moving and then the one on the laptop screen is frozen and then it vanishes I tried multiple drivers from Dell and AMD and still having the same Dell Precision M4800 laptop screen stops refreshing randomly - FirePro M5100 - Win10 issue Not sure what else I could try If I run the laptop standalone without any other monitors it just looks like the mouse keyboard stop working and then all of the sudden it starts working SPECS Operating System Windows Pro -bit CPU Intel Core i MQ GHz deg C Haswell nm Technology RAM GB Dell Precision M4800 laptop screen stops refreshing randomly - FirePro M5100 - Win10 Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Dell Inc deg C Graphics Standard Monitor x Hz Standard Monitor x Hz Standard Monitor x Hz MB ATI AMD FirePro M FireGL V Dell deg C Storage GB Samsung SSD EVO GB SSD deg C GB Samsung SSD EVO GB mSATA SSD deg C MB ASMT x - Config SCSI Disk Device USB SATA Optical Drives HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GS N Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device

A:Dell Precision M4800 laptop screen stops refreshing randomly - FirePro M5100 - Win10

Any ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19668594
Relevancy 94.17%

Dell is not supporting installation of Windows on the M it does on the M and M but nbsp Microsoft s Windows tool was reporting the PC would be compatible so I m sure Dell doesn t recommend this but I created Workstation Precision Windows M6600 Experience Installing 10 Mobile on with Windows a backup of my C drive and created a system recovery disk so I could go back to Win if I wanted Installed the free Windows upgrade choosing to quot Install on This PC quot over the existing operating system The install came up OK with the PC working but not without a nasty surprise with my HP Printer driver for a LaserJet MFP nw printer which not only was not working but also was not corrupted in my Windows control panel If I tried to run any HP printer app or delete the driver in Control Panel etc a Windows error screen appeared saying the Administrator blocked uninstalling or running it because it wasn t safe no signature Experience Installing Windows 10 on M6600 Precision Mobile Workstation Of course I was logged in as the Window Admin so there s Experience Installing Windows 10 on M6600 Precision Mobile Workstation was no way to uninstall the old Windows printer drivers HP Support confirmed they would have Experience Installing Windows 10 on M6600 Precision Mobile Workstation no solution except to recommend I do clean install of Windows Suggestion delete any HP printer drivers before trying a Windows upgrade FYI when you upgrade Win over Win you within the next days have an option to revert back to Windows -- it saves a recovery version on your C drive in a Windows Old folder but after days will auto delete that altogether But rather than go back to Win I decided to do the clean install of Windows to fix my HP software bug Before you try a clean install make sure you did register your Windows by logging into a Microsoft Account with your email and password so your account in the cloud knows you are a valid user After you install Windows once over your Windows Microsoft will allow you to do a clean install even though you do not have a Product Key id for Windows You do that by using their Media Creation Tool and choosing to Install On Another PC which lets you copy the OS onto a USB drive or DVD Then you boot nbsp from nbsp the USB and DVD to install You are presented with a listing of your hard drives and partitions on them and choose which partition to install Windows into This installation asks you to supply a product key Using your Windows product key that on the sticker is inside your battery area will not validate Windows But since you previously installed Windows over Windows and registered with Microsoft in your account and checked that your Win status in Control Panel as quot Activated quot you can click SKIP and leave product key blank You are prompted a second time to enter you product key later on also skipped that The PC came up running OK but Windows was not validated as Activated until I signed into Microsoft with my email and password after which my status changed to Activated on the PC Checking Windows Device Manager I noticed that most devices were installed with Microsoft s own drivers not with any Dell drivers since I had wiped them out with a clean install The good news was Microsoft installed by itself the correct drivers for my two video displays an Intel HD Graphics and an nVidia Quadro M and they work fine But in Windows Device Manager I found errors hellip So my process was to create a System Restore Point manually before I tried to resolve each error by installing some driver If my attempt failed I rolled back to the previous restore point so my Windows registry was clean Here are the errors I had Error Unknown Device Due to missing FreeFall Sensor Driver So Installed DRVR WIN R from Dell site Works Next hellip Error PCI Serial Port Installed Intel Management Engine Components Installer Intel Management Engine Components Chipset Driver MPGY WN A EXE From lt http www dell com support home us en product-support s... Read more

A:Experience Installing Windows 10 on M6600 Precision Mobile Workstation

Day two, things going smoothly with Win 10 on the M6600. 
Got around the lack of an HP Printer Driver by using Google Cloud Print, which let's me install a Google driver in Windows 10 and then print to the cloud, and from there, it communicates via internet to my HP Printer which on my local wireless network, using HP's EPrint which is compatible with Google Cloud Print. (Had to turn on Web Services on the printer and register the printer with HP Eprint.)
My nVidia driver for graphics was installed by Win 10 automatically, but that did not install the nVidia app in control panel, so I downloaded a Windows 10 version of my nVidia driver for my Quadro 3000M display adapter, and that installed fine and is working as expected. Now I have the nVidia program to tweak adjustments.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19644151
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi nbsp Just tried to add Crucial ram to a used Precision M Win Laptop - GHz core Precision of out booting M6500 windows Workstation Mobile ideas! Help! - stopped i GB SP on EBay last week After taking advice from Crucial tech this laptop will no longer boot Apologies for the long explanation nbsp Working machine came with GB x of Hylinks Ram I added GB X of Crucial memory under the keyboard of the machine The machine would not boot Pulled memory from all four slots Put one stick of Hylink and one stick of Crucial in battery side slots to see if they work together there The machine booted windows So I put the other Hylink and Crucial sticks under the keyboard The machine did not boot I called Crucial Tech told me to pull the cmos battery Wait minutes and plug it back in This is were the real fun begins Now the machine won t boot windows under any condition nbsp I pulled the the additional memory out from under the keyboard The machine runs the memory test and blue screen flashes on and off in a split second It goes into startup repair mode And ends with the following report every top I push the start button quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause nbsp Launch startup repair Recommended quot Start up repair does not work The machine will not boot Win with either or GB in place So it seems pulling the cmos battery is at the bottom of this But for the life of me I can t figure out why The following are things I ve tried to get windows Help! Precision M6500 Mobile Workstation stopped booting windows - out of ideas! to boot that have not worked nbsp Replacing original Hylink with new Crucial ram And tried swapping sticks and slots Loading default settings in bios I did remember to reset date Pulled and reinstalled the cmos battery several times Made certain the date was set correctly each time Did a system restore nbsp Ran startup repair every attempt to boot Restored the MBR successfully FixBbr - Fixboot - Rebuild Bcd nbsp Ran and passed a hardware diagnostic I am still failing the startup repair routine after the initial memory test at boot nbsp What I am missing Help nbsp nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993514
Relevancy 89.44%

I have an old Precision workstation It has it s standard Nvidia Quadro in Video Precision Card 490 Dell Upgrade it It works great so I got a couple of Xeon X s put those in Dell Precision 490 Video Card Upgrade and they work fine As far as I can go for cheap I have an ASUS R X-DC T- GD graphics card and I stuck it in No video I took it out and tried another card that I have laying around a GTX no video Hmm Does anyone know what video card limitations there are on this machine It s supposed to be an X PCIe slot a long slot Which both of these cards are long but not sure about what else it might be that would make these not work nbsp The system does seem to boot up nbsp I can order another card I would like to take this as far as I can go for cheap for a little gaming If that first R X card will work it would meet the minimum system specs as the processors do too meet the minimum specs I have the bios set for PEG that was the first thing I looked at

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19982066
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a Dell Precision Workstation with separate OS Vista and XP on two different SCSI HDD I use the BIOS to boot one or the other I have GB of RAM SCSI HDD AGP video card PCI RAID card Precision Workstation Dell 530 for an external RAID box with SATA GB HDD in a config Over the past few days the computer keeps shutting off but not completely off the screen goes blank and the power light goes yellow the diagnostic lights all go yellow too This happens in both VISTA and XP and randomly I can be searching the internet email etc I have removed a USB PCI controller no change I removed all USB no change I removed the external eSATA link no change I have opened the case and looked and adjusted any type of possible cable that could be loose with nothing out of the ordinary I have ran the Dell diagnostic CD and it came back saying the USB controller was faulting reason why I removed the USB PCI controller as stated After removing the USB PCI controller the Dell diag CD shows no problems I am up in arms on what to do next Since it is happening to two seperate HDD and two separate OS's I cant see it being a software problem at all Most likely a hardware related Dell 530 Precision Workstation issue Any and all help and information would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-530-precision-workstation-304887.html
Relevancy 88.58%

This is posted in the Windows XP support forum too but have both Vista and XP on machine I have a Dell Precision Workstation with separate OS Vista and XP on two different SCSI HDD I use the BIOS to boot one or the other I have GB of RAM SCSI HDD AGP video card PCI RAID card 530 Dell Workstation Precision for an Dell 530 Precision Workstation external RAID box with SATA GB HDD in a config Over the past few days the computer keeps shutting off but not completely off the screen goes blank and the power light goes yellow the diagnostic lights all go yellow too This happens in both VISTA and XP and randomly I can be searching the internet email etc I have removed a USB PCI controller no change I removed all USB no change I removed the external eSATA link no change I have opened the case and looked and adjusted any type of possible cable that could be loose with nothing out of the ordinary I have ran the Dell diagnostic CD and it came back saying the USB controller was faulting reason why I removed the USB PCI controller as stated After removing the USB PCI controller the Dell diag CD shows no problems I am up in arms on what to do next Since it is happening to two seperate HDD and two separate OS's I cant see it being a software problem at all Most likely a hardware related issue Any and all help and information would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-530-precision-workstation-304891.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I have two Dell [email protected] One has a hard drive fault. I have deleted and remade the dos partition. When I boot from my XP CD and try to install windows it says there is no hard drive attached. Have tried on both machines. Same result. I checked if my good drive (which is still working) would try tio install windows but I get the same result. (no hard drive attached) Am I doing something wromg

A:Dell Precision Workstation 690

What is/was the hard drive fault. And how did you deal with it. It appears your system worked until this drive fault occured.
Slso, specs for the computer would be nice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-workstation-690.132595/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi every one,I own a dell precision 490, recently I upgraded it with a MSI rx480 8GB gaming X video card for GPU HEVC encoding.After installing the drivers, ERROR CODE 43 appears in the device manager. After some emails, google and phone calls. Most likey is the BIOS (A08) didn't recognize the new generation video cards (mid 2016).Can we request Dell to make a BIOS update?Do somebody share this problem and is there a work around?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992554
Relevancy 87.72%

Precision Workstation Internal Drives Floppy DVD-Rom Drive CD-RW Drive Internal Zip Dell Workstation enough 2nd HDD - not 530 - Precision connectors GB HDD GB I am adding this HDD I bought another HDD for storage purposes and I have a little dilemma because there is a plastic divider inside the box that seperates the PCI slots and the HDD s so I cannot connect the cables from the PCI card to the HDD connectors The problem lies in the fact that I have so many internal devices that use up all the cable connectors The primary IDE cables are set up from the factory to plug into the Primary Dell Precision Workstation 530 - 2nd HDD - not enough connectors HDD Master plug and the secondary connector is plugged into the internal ZIP drive Let me try to graphically show the connections Factory setup as follows Primary IDE Slot on Motherboard -- gt Primary HDD Master connector on ribbon cable -- gt Zip Drive Slave connector on ribbon cable What I want to do Ultra ATA PCI controller card -- gt Primary HDD Master Connector on ribbon cable -- gt New nd HDD Slave connector on ribbon cable Primary IDE Slot on Motherboard -- gt Zip Drive using Master connector on ribbon cable There is that plastic divider that I think is meant for the front fan s efficiency so when the case is closed the divider literally creates another compartment inside the case Therefore I cannot connect a ribbon cable from a PCI card to the HDD s that is on the other side of the divider The guy at CompUSA said that I cannot get a ribbon cable that has connectors That would really solve my dilemma Right now I disabled the ZIP drive so I can setup the new HDD until I can solve my connection issues Does anyone know how I could connect all my hardware devices Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Dell Precision Workstation 530 - 2nd HDD - not enough connectors

Suggestion: Get a USB or Firewire enclosure and set the new hard drive up external.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-workstation-530-2nd-hdd-not-enough-connectors.359946/
Relevancy 85.57%

Does anyone know an adapter with two display ports that fits into this Dell Precision T7610 CTO Base, that also have a very good quality?

A:Dell Precision T7610 CTO Base (Tower Workstation)

Here is the spec for the T7610 from the Dell manual, it doesn't relate to the "CTO Base".
Discrete (PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16)

T7610
up to 4 full-height, full length (maximum of 600 W)

This suggests you can use many different video cards. . You say "display ports". What are you referring to? "DVI", "VGA" or the actual newer Display port interface?

Dell also has a support forum, staffed by mostly users like this forum. That is another alternative for specific Dell hardware help.
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/325788-dell-precision-t7610-cto-base-tower-workstation.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Just wondering if anyone has taken these old workstations and upgraded or remodeled them into a machine running Windows 7 professional?

I inherited a couple as projects and I am wondering after I wipe the hard drives, what would be the best image to deploy?

They both currently have 4G of memory, and a Pentium 4 3.80 CPU.

I want to keep the cost to a minimum.

Thanks!

A:Dell Precision 370 Workstation Remodel/Upgrade Project?

The cost will be for a copy of Win7, can't use what is already installed on another computer. I have a similar Dell Optiplex 755 that came with Vista that is running Linux Mint 17 64-bit quite happily and my wallet is happy because Linux is free. Because I have a couple of Win7 Desktops [a Custom and a rescued Dell Inspiron] and a Custom Win8.1 Desktop already I don't plan to redo the Optiplex any time soon but maybe after Win9 comes out?

I use the free GPARTED bootable CD [created from the downloaded .iso file] to wipe HDDs so as to have a fresh start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344898-dell-precision-370-workstation-remodel-upgrade-project.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello So i was browsing for days i m currently using my home made computer due to the problem with my Dell well at first everything Locked Dell 370 Workstation Precision BIOS Factory was working like a charm i installed the DVD-Writer and put it in Slave mode that day when i wanted to install Vista on it i tried to make the DVD-Writer as a primary drive when i entered the BIOS everything was alright but when i tried to change anything it tell me that the SETUP is locked there is no password at all its just this Factory password so i tried to remove the Battery like has been Dell Precision 370 Workstation BIOS Factory Locked suggested everywhere but unfortunately XP isn t working at all neither from the safe mode all i get is that windows cannot start probably tried to enter the BIOS the date is back to and the factory password was still on and the setup is locked now i think my problem is in the BIOS i need to put my dvd-writer as primary but i need the Master Password I tried to contact Dell but they needed some details that i don t have its just they are asking too much and i just have few info and above all i don t have a fax machine so any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Precision 370 Workstation BIOS Factory Locked

What happens when you change the jumpers on the drives from cable select to jumper them as master and slaves?
These are normal settings for networked machines and servers. Who setup your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-370-workstation-bios-factory-locked.98887/
Relevancy 85.57%

We have 3 Dell Precision Workstation T3610 in our office. All the 3 PC's taking 5 minuted to boot if there is a network cable is connected, we have formatted with new OS, but no luck, upgrade all driver and bios and the HDD rate is 5.9.
Is there any issue of the Mother of board/NW card of this model? All other PC in our  office is working fine

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974592
Relevancy 84.71%

My 3620's current PSU is 290W. I have a hard time finding any other power supply to upgrade. Can somebody provide a list of PSUs compatible with 3620?

A:Dell Precision Workstation 3620 Medium Tower PSU upgrade

There is a 365W power supply for this model - note though that these are not standard power supplies, so aftermarket units won't work.
www.ebay.com/.../291815628059

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19987196
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a HP-p7-1257 cb (16 gig ram and 550 watt power supply)  Unit has two onboard DVI ports both working.  I have added an AMD firepro W600 into the PCIe slot and confirmed it is well seated.  Yes I have taken it back out and reseated.  Yes I know the monitors are hooked up with DVI cables and they work.  If I unplug the the dvi from the on board connection and plug into the video card the computer will boot but no video.  I have tried:  Go into the device manager and disable the AMD Radeon HD 6550 D graphics and reboot.  Same.  I have booted to F10.  pulled up the HP setup-utility.  Under advanced, under bus options there are two options (PCI SERR# Generation and PCI VGA Palette Snooping) both are disabled.  Can not gey video w/ on board video card unpluged and video card pluged.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Add-an-AMD-Firepro-W600-video-card/td-p/5662018
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,
I have a T3500 - 09KPNV motherboard, 12 GB DDR3 RAM and Intel Xeon 2.67 - 6 cores 2 threads.
The video i had was FX 1800 and i bouth a GTX 660 - DC20CPH and from what i think i should work on this motherboard, am i wrong? It detects de video but don't run it correctly...could you please advice or provide a list of compatibiliyu of video for it?Thank you!

A:Precision Workstation T3500, compatible video cards?

Dell did not test any of the Consumer GeForce or AMD video cards on the Precision Workstation T3500. We tested the following Workstation video cards =
CJ9FJ AMD FirePro V79005DRVJ AMD FirePro V59000X31G AMD FirePro V48007CJHP AMD FirePro MV2260
YMYKM Nvidia Quadro 5000731Y3, 38XNM, 6WTYT Nvidia Quadro 4000X9YDW Nvidia Quadro FX38008MDMW Nvidia Quadro 20005YGHK Nvidia Quadro 600K722J Nvidia Quadro NVS420X175K Nvidia Quadro NVS295

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19995395
Relevancy 82.13%

I just got a new M4500 with a Samsung PM800 64GB SSD and a Toshiba 7200RPM storage drive. Both of these drives are set to non-RAID. I noticed when I went into the BIOS that it was set to RAID On instead of AHCI, even though there is no RAID setup between the two drives.

I ran the CrystalDiskUtility and the most it eeks out is at 94%. The built in Performance Utility in Windows 7 currently measures at 6.7

I was told an SSD should equal out to close to 100% and at least 7.0 as benchmarks if I want to utilize all the performance it offers. Is this the best that it can do?

Any info would be most appreciated. Thanks.

A:Dell Mobile Precision M4500 setup questions

RAID On is the default SATA controller setting in some BIOS, even with one HD,.

Try AHCI first for install.

SSD Alignment
SSD Tweaks and Optimizations in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/141209-dell-mobile-precision-m4500-setup-questions.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I ve got a shiny new Precision for use with multiple CAD packages including SolidWorks nbsp I m finding myself incredibly frustrated that every time I start up SolidWorks it reports that my drivers are out of date updates? video Ever? Workstation Mobile driver nbsp Since I have apparently have no choice but to use the specific Dell drivers and not the general Mobile Workstation video driver updates? Ever? AMD standard drivers for this laptop I Mobile Workstation video driver updates? Ever? m stuck waiting for the Dell driver team to actually update the product drivers I find it rather appalling that Dell is marketing these mobile workstations as being superior products with great driver support but there is a huge lag in keeping up with current video drivers which is one of the single most important components in a graphics CAD workstation nbsp When you buy a workstation with a professional level graphics card you expect to get professional level support for that card - it s part of why they have a premium cost to them nbsp I was expecting better of Dell and I m starting to regret not going with some of the alternative workstations available which other co-workers bought and are happily updating regularly Is there even a pro side driver team for these products nbsp Or is driver maintenance a completely secondary byproduct with no real quot workstation-level quot support

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19981574
Relevancy 80.41%

I had a rough time upgrading the Nvidia drivers 354.56 to install, but I got it to install without errors. Now however I'm getting long boot times. The Windows logo appears and goes black I can see the cursor but it takes about 5 minutes to get to the desktop. When I'm finally up and running the screensaver reverts back to the laptop lid as primary instead of my main monitor to cancel the screen saver I have to move my cursor over to the laptop monitor for Windows to cancel the screen saver. And the desktop slide show does not work anymore either.

Any suggestions would be great

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19991183
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a Precision M6800 running Win7, and a Nvidia K4100M Quadro.
I upgraded to Solidworks 2016 and ran Solidworks 2016 Rx to make sure everything in my system would jive well with the new software. The report said I should install the newer driver 354.56. I ran the update but it fails, and it doesn't directly mention what is failing just that the driver fails. The update rolled back the older driver but now upon a reboot I have a black screen that lasts for about 3-5 minutes before I get the login screen, which is very abnormal. 
I've ran the driver in admin mode, and did a custom install to do a clean driver install, also I can't get the driver to install in safe mode either.
Any help would be appreciated 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19974920
Relevancy 80.41%

Sleep and Hibernate modes get my Dell Mobile Precision 7510 to either hang or shut down and I have to power off and on.
I have windows 10. I did enable the hibernate mode in the Power settings.

Any idea what should I do?

Thanks!

A:Sleep and Hibernate modes get my Dell Mobile Precision 7510 to get stuck

Similar issues with my son's 7510 (but better than Win 7).
The odd one was:
 on wakeup, the built in screen was blank (but backlight on), plugging into HDMI then worked.
 Also, it would work if the lid was closed and then reopened.  
 He has set the lid action to 'nothing' for now.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19665341
Relevancy 79.55%

Anyone know what the slot in my Precision M6800 and M4700 labeled: 1/2MC(PP) is meant for?
It is a half height msata slot, without antenna leads so is not meant for communication cards.
I purchased half height msata storage for the slots, but they do not appear in bios or OS, so they go back to Amazon.

A:Precision M6800 and M4700 half height slot labeled: 1/2MC(PP), what is it for?

They're for WWAN cards - for cell/PCS 4G/3G wireless data connections.  Models that come with these will ship with the antenna wires and leads.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989132
Relevancy 79.55%

Good day Dell nbsp Community Because of your questions I m pleased to present the below information specifications and requirements for M on various Dell models Precision Internal dives supported Drive configurations supported max x M or x M and x nbsp inch SATA PCIE Lanes The M slots available are wired Dell / Mobile Requirements NVME Upgrade XPS, Precision And Specifications Optiplex For Latitude, and M.2 as X The Dell M.2 / NVME Specifications And Upgrade Requirements For Latitude, XPS, Precision Mobile and Optiplex Inch bay is wired as X Parts needed to install an M into the inch bay of and x TM nbsp inch metal bracket - most units will have this already included nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp x Y WJX Dell M.2 / NVME Specifications And Upgrade Requirements For Latitude, XPS, Precision Mobile and Optiplex nbsp M bracket goes inside of TM x D nbsp M X screw Most systems will have these already included Dell M.2 / NVME Specifications And Upgrade Requirements For Latitude, XPS, Precision Mobile and Optiplex These screws hold in the Y WJX M drive carrier or a inch drive into TM x WPTND nbsp M Interposer Board This installs into Y WJX M bracket x E nbsp M L screws x HR P nbsp M thermal cover Find instructions nbsp here nbsp on the Dell Community nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Precision nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Internal dives supported nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Drive configurations supported xM x SATA xM xM and x SATA nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCIE Lanes M slot supports x The Inch bay is wired as X Parts needed to install an M into the inch bay are the same as the above Precision and XPS Internal dives supported Drive configurations supported x M x SATA xM and X SATA PCIE Lanes M slot supports x The Inch bay is wired as SATA Parts needed in order to install a M x DJK nbsp thermal pad no plate required Parts needed in order to add a inch drive x nbsp XDYGX nbsp cable x nbsp XYT nbsp rubber side isolator x FDY nbsp metal HDD bracket some units may already have this installed even if a inch drive wasn t ordered from Dell originally Discussed nbsp here nbsp on Dell Community Precision Internal dives supported Drive configurations supported x M or x inch SATA PCIE Lanes M slot supports x Inch bay is wired as SATA Parts needed to upgrade from inch drive to M drive x X YR nbsp M end bracket x X MT nbsp thermal cover x E nbsp M X screws nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp n... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992358
Relevancy 78.69%

3 out of my four USB 3.0 ports are way under speed when transferring huge files, and sometime just hung. Could it be a hardware problem or a software issue? Please help! Thanks!!!!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996862
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a big problem. I have a video card. A 3d blaster banshee to be exact. Whenever I test this video card it works. Whenever i try to play a game that uses the video card it says i dont have a video card. All the drivers are installed and the computer knows that the video card is present but none of the games know that! I've tried reinstalling the drivers but it didnt work! What do i do please help me out.

Relevancy 75.25%

16th May 2016.Dear Dell Forum Members & Support,We have an existing and very reliable Dell Precision 490 with a Single Intel Xeon 5060 (Dual Core, 3.2GHz,1066MHz) system.The system is currently running Bios Version A08 (04/25/08)

Can it be upgraded to Two (2) Intel Xeon Quad Core Processors, and if so, can a list of the compatiable processors be supplied ?

e.g. Xeon X5460 (Quad-Core, 3.16 GHz, 1333MHz) etc.

Thank you for your time & patience.With kindest regards.GEM CNC Systems.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974583
Relevancy 72.67%

We have two Dell Precision 390. One with the Conroe E6300, and one with the Pentium 4 631, Cedar Mill variety.
We would like to upgrade the P4 to something better.

We have a Q6600 CPU lying here, and a ancient Pentium D 830 dual core CPU, but it's gotta be better performer than a single core  P4.

Are the motherboards the same in these two 390s? I'm thinking our E6300 could be upgraded to a Q6600, but the 390 with the P4 I'm not sure about. They both are socket 775. We already have the correct heatpipe heatsink needed for the hotter CPUs.

Thanks

A:Dell Precision 390 , Which CPUs work for an upgrade?

I got the info from Dell today. There are two motherboards used in the 390. One supports the Cedar Mill and Conroe line of CPU's. The other motherboard for the 390 supports the Q6600, QX6700 and QX6800.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19422431
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I tried to install the newly released Dell Precision Optimizer v A August on my Precision running Windows bit During the installation an error panel pops up with this text gt SetupNew setup cpp PAPP PVENDOR PGUID Windows Vista Service Pack IE Version The installation then fails and the installer log shows the following nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Application KKJH WN A - - txt nbsp nbsp nbsp User error Precision Installation Dell 3.5.5 with 5510 Precision on Optimizer Dell Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp Installation error with Dell Precision Optimizer 3.5.5 on Dell Precision 5510 nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with Installation error with Dell Precision Optimizer 3.5.5 on Dell Precision 5510 this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language DE nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp User Parameter logfile nbsp nbsp nbsp User Parameter logfile changed to C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Application KKJH WN A - - txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C PROGRA dell drivers APPLIC A miniunz exe nbsp nbsp nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x C tmp Dell - APPLIC EXE -o -d C PROGRA dell drivers APPLIC A nbsp nbsp nbsp Extraction-GetExitCode nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - DUPEA tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line POAInstaller exe KEY DA- -FF - DC-BDAD LOGFILE C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - DUPEA tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append Vendor Software Log C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - DUPEA tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp logo png nbsp nbsp nbsp MUPXMLParser GetResultName Vendor Return Code is not found in Mup xml nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code nbsp nbsp nbsp DupAPI GetReturnCode Unable to find DUP value for nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE Previous versions of the Precision Optimizer software installed fine I tried both updating the previous installation as well as uninstalling and re-installing Any idea how to fix this Best regards nbsp nbsp nbsp Bernd nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989759
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi as many already posted I also have some crazy issues with my Precision M late Basically its display goes black and the machine nbsp does not respond to anything While typing these words my PC is using some funny screen resolution like x and my Device Manager says quot NVIDIA Quadro FX has stopped because it has reported problems Code nbsp quot The PC was working quite well for last years In December I finally cleaned its fans and vents reinstalled Windows performed all available firmware updates M6500 issue... video Precision Dell including BIOS - now it s A and it worked very well for like days Now it is almost impossible to use this machine it doesn t look like it would overheat or something but the Dell Precision M6500 video issue... display turns black all of a sudden nbsp and the only option is to force it to shut down by pressing and holding its power button Dell Precision M6500 video issue... for a while Here are the hardware IDs of my NVIDIA Quadro FX Dell Precision M6500 video issue... PCI VEN DE amp DEV F amp SUBSYS EF amp REV A PCI VEN DE amp DEV F amp SUBSYS EF PCI VEN DE amp DEV F amp CC PCI VEN DE amp DEV F amp CC Is there any fix for this issue It appears like I am not the only one with exactly the same problem Thank you in advance Adam

A:Dell Precision M6500 video issue...

Try updating nVIDIA drivers from nVIDIA's website. If the driver was just updated and the problem started happening, roll back the driver

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19613844
Relevancy 71.81%

Goodmorning,
Recently I had some problems with my laptop (Dell Precision M3800) bought only 9 months ago. There are two horizontal bands on screen, which are flickering. I just received it back from assistance at the reseller, but the problem persists although all the Dell diagnostics were passed. I can't work on AutoCAD without ruining my eyes. Could you please help me?
Best regards,
M. C.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19993590
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi
I have 2 units  NVidia Quadro FX1700 cards, is it possible to install on that PC ?
the reason, so i can use more than 2 monitor/ display.
i tested before but not successful 
Please advise
Thanks
Rgds

A:Dell Precision T7400 with 2 display card

It only supports 2 Radeon cards with crossfire Bridge.  DOES NOT SUPPORT SLI.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19986258
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I am new to this forum and am looking for some advice and assistance Dell Graphics Upgarde 490 Precision Card I have a number of Dell Precision workstations that have served me well for architectural CAD over many years They are reasonably well configured with dual Xeon CPUs cores in total Gb of RAM and Nvidia Quadro FX graphics cards Windows Pro bit These computers are now starting run a bit slow with Dell Precision 490 Graphics Card Upgarde D mainly Trimble SketchUp and I would like to update their graphics cards so as to get a couple more years of service out of them I would Dell Precision 490 Graphics Card Upgarde prefer to upgrade using Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon cards rather than their workstation equivalents due to cost and my past experience being that Nvidia Quadro cards do not sem to perform any faster than their GeForce mainstream cards I would like to limit the cost to about to per graphics card I am hoping to get some feedback from members who have successfully or otherwise installed newer graphics cards in Dell Precision workstations I was hoping to be able to upgrade to something equal in performance to either a GeForce GTX or a Radeon R From my reading I understand that there may be some compatibility problems between the PCIe bus that is provided with the Intel x chipset on the Dell Precision and the newer graphics cards which all seem to be PCIe I would be willing to use older PCIe graphics cards if someone has had success with these Many thanks to all the members who read this posting and especially to those who are able to offer some advice and assistance

A:Dell Precision 490 Graphics Card Upgarde

Hello, 
Below are the ATI and NVIDIA cards which are compatible with your system.
nVidia Quadro FX 3500, 256MB, Dual DVI Out, PCIe x16, MRGA13  
ATI FireGL V7200, 256MB, Dual DVI, MRGA13B
ATI FireGL V3400, 128MB, Dual DVI, ELGA10b 
nVidia Quadro FX3450, 256MB, Dual DVI Outs, MRGA12
nVidia, Quadro NVS 285, 128MB, DMS-59, ULGA7
nVidia Quadro FX550, 128MB, Dual DVI, ELGA10 
nVidia Quadro FX 4500, 512MB, Stereo Connector & Dual DVI Outs, HEGA14, 2
Regards
Hema

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19635981
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Dell Precision 690 with 32gb ram, 1.5gb Nvidia Quadro FX 4800, 4 X 4TB (12tb)  Western Digital Black Caviar drives. I wanted to know if there is a way to get the system to accept a USB3.0 or eSATA card in a Dell Precision 690 or whether I should just start again from scratch the reason I don't want to is that it is an incredibly fast system with 2 x 2.66ghz quad-core Xeon processors and if I could run either USB 3 or eSata on it I;d be more than happy.
Is there a way or is it a lost cause?
Thanks in advance.
HH

A:can I fit a USB3.0 or eSATA card in a Dell Precision 690,

This is the card I would recommend.
http://www.amazon.com/included-Compatible-Windows-Controller-Advanced/dp/B00NIQS8W0

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19981947
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,
My wifi card recently broke so I'm currently in the market for a new one. The one currently installed in my laptop is the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. I was wondering if I could upgrade it to the new Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 or 8265. I don't want to purchase it to find out that my laptop is not compatible, I'm also looking to upgrade my RAM from 4GB to 8GB if anybody have any suggestions on that.

Much appreciated,
Steffen.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19971847
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Precision M6500 and have been looking for a bluetooth (WPAN) card. I've looked on eBay and have searched the web but cannot find one, does anyone know where one can be purchased.
Thank you

A:Dell Precision M6500 Bluetooth Card (WPAN)

Thank you for your reply but I've seen those on eBay, the one I'm looking for can be seen on the Dell manual for the Precision M6500 under "removing the WPAN card".

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19534465
Relevancy 70.09%

I have this issue with a Dell Precision 5510.  Very high spec.  I get this effect through the TB15 and directly from the HDMI port.  It's exactly the same issue.  The video leaves black stripes across my spreadsheet when I scroll.  See video.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19981884
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello Everyone I bought a in and want to scale it up since I cannot afford a new workstation the moment I 4 690 Riser for monitors Precision Card Graphics Dell Workflow ve read Dell Precision 690 Graphics Card Riser for 4 monitors Workflow through Dell Precision 690 Graphics Card Riser for 4 monitors Workflow some other threads to gather information on helping me along my scaling up of my But I have lack of direction I upgradedfrom GB Ram gt GBGFX card gt Quadro FX I plan on getting a additional card for monitors total single monitors gt dual monitors I do visual effects freelancing need monitors because I really need the screen real estate I purchased a new Dell Precision Dual Graphic Card x PCIe Riser Board TC NC XH to insert into the only PCI-Express x card slot on the Motherboard I noticed that the QUADRO FX GFX card required a output plug to the w Power Supply I currently only have one such plug from my currently power supply If I get a w will this have the necessary plugs to power GFX Cards Other things I will needI will also need a Dell Precision T Riser Card Assembly Kit it seems Regarding the Video Card bridge What is the Dell Precision SLI Video Card Bridge MJ for Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thank youJ

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990405
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I m facing Recovery Led 5510 2 boot. Precision does Dell not not 2 flashing 2 work. does white amber. BIOS the Dell Precision 5510 does not boot. Led flashing 2 white 2 amber. BIOS Recovery 2 does not work. following issue with a Dell Precision laptop with latest bios A It Dell Precision 5510 does not boot. Led flashing 2 white 2 amber. BIOS Recovery 2 does not work. appeared suddenly nbsp I just rebooted a working system The laptop does not boot anymore and the Dell logo is not shown however the diagnostic battery led blinks times white and times amber According to the error table that I found here http www dell com support article uk en ukdhs SLN EN to Present nbsp that means System Board BIOS ROM Failure and the suggested next steps are Flash BIOS to latest revision If problem persists contact Tech Support for further troubleshooting Did anyone had a similar experience How can I re-flash the BIOS from a non-booting machine I found some tricks for the Dell XPS extracting HDR and ROM files from bios executable Dell Precision 5510 does not boot. Led flashing 2 white 2 amber. BIOS Recovery 2 does not work. and plugging a USB drive but they do not seem to apply to this laptop UPDATE I found http www dell com support article uk en ukdhs SLN en nbsp but I m still unable to recover the computer I keep getting the blinking pattern even after I put the latest BIOS renamed to BIOS IMG rcv into a newly formatted FAT USB stick GB I also tried with different USB sticks and both USB ports Any help is really appreciated Best regards alessioc

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996971
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all, i was tryng to run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant but it reports i cant proceed due to my "Display not compatible with windows 10" which i believe is the video card.
It's an AMD Radeon Hd7700M series, with drivers version 16.150.2211 released 21/03/2016 which i believe is pretty new
Is this normal? is there any way to proceed with upgrade anyhow?
Atm i have windows 7sp1 PRO
Thanks !

A:Precision M4700 can't upgrade to windows 10 due to video Card?

HIRYU79,
You may want to look at the link below and follow he information that the user posted.
MS Answers Post

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19986290
Relevancy 68.8%

I have this Dell desktop Video Problem Dell Card that I bought for my mother and I was planning to give her my quot Samsung LCD and upgrade mine The problem is that it is a pin male VGA and the dell has a video card with two connection spots one a female VGA with a I I symbol and a pin male with a I I I Dell Video Card Problem symbol When I plug the in and boot the comp a black screen appears that explains that the system has an upgraded card and that I need to use an adaptor that it says was included I do not have any adaptors It then tells me to restart the computer after completing the previous step and that the message will then go away So to fix this problem I am considering getting an adaptop that will convert my male to a female so that I Dell Video Card Problem can plug it Dell Video Card Problem into the I I I Is this what I need to do or what should I do in this situation Also if it is the case that I need this adaptor where can I find one Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Video Card Problem

http://www.startech.com/category/cables/gender-changers-adapters/monitor/list.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-video-card-problem.105322/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a laptop dell precision m4600 the graphics card inside is NVIDIA Quadro 1000M with 2GB GDDR3 dedicated memory, plus intel graphics HD 3000. Is it possible to upgrade the NVIDIA Quadro 1000m to meet a 3D VERY complex modeling design which I am working on it at an engineering software?
because i have some 3d drawings work slowly in performance with the existing graphics card.
if so, please provide me by the list of varies upgraded graphics cards based on dell recommendations on my laptop.

A:dell precision m4600 the graphics card NVIDIA Quadro 1000M upgrade

No you would need a top of the line laptop or a desktop with a separate high powered video card. Your laptop graphics are integrated on the board--not removable cards. Read-- Upgrade Video

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19665074
Relevancy 67.94%

hello I just bought a new video card for my pc nbsp AFOX gtx gb GDDR before I had AMD Radeon HD gb I changed my power supply times Dell video Vostro card 260 problem first watt then watts same problem before the upgrade I never had a problem with games or any thing now my system reboots for no raison like when i use dell supportassist to do a Dell Vostro 260 video card problem checkup or a diagnosticbenchmarking my video card or to play battlefield for exemple for battlefield I get these erreurs also I get this when I used Oc Guru II keep I m in mind I did not change anything about my Dell Vostro 260 video card problem video card so I i reinstalled my OS I had windows pro no its windows pro I tried multiple solution nothing worked Now to my nbsp dell problem nbsp I run video card check up nbsp test begins fine but nbsp when the Dell Vostro 260 video card problem videos or images series start showing up my computer freeze it s like the video card is off then on by itself then it rebootslast scan nbsp short vedeo test nbsp A test could not be run when i clic on details nbsp any one have an idea about how to fix this keep in mind before i changed my video card i had no problem at all even on windows pro this is my GPU nbsp and thi is my main board nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19985278
Relevancy 67.94%

Does anyone know how and where I can change the amount of videom ram on this laptop?? There is no setting for it in the Bios and the advanced settings under control panel do not have it either. I have flashed the bios with the latest version and downloaded the latest intel driver for the video card. No luck there either. It says that I can have up to 224mb shared memory but currently I am only using 10mb! I can not for the life of me find anywhere or way of changing this though....any ideas please??

A:Dell D620 Video Card Problem

You cannot "change" it, what you have to do is add more system memory to reach that amount. It is hard to help someone when they don't post their system's specs. You system comes in different configurations so I'm not into guessing so here's your specs:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd620/en/UG/specs.htm#wp1058978

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d620-video-card-problem.84299/
Relevancy 67.94%

I am trying to fix a Dell 6000 basket case I bought but the video card that goes in all the other ones I have worked on won't work. The one I have seen and is displayed in the manual has the small female plug for the cable on the top for the video card and the large female plug on the motherboard. The card I need must be different. The mother board on the basket-case has the small female plug on the motherboard itself and no large female plug on the mb at all.
Anyone familiar with this oddity please respond.
Thank you

A:Dell 6000 video card problem

Can you post a screenshot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-6000-video-card-problem.181292/
Relevancy 67.51%

My 9 year old has a dell optiplex 755 SFF, he is asking me to upgrade his video card so he can play games like minecraft and some games on steam.
We are on a budget and found this Sapphire radeon 6450 on newegg for $39.99
Will this work in his computer and allow him to play minecraft? steam?
www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx;cm_re=6450-_-14-102-933-_-Product&RandomID=1698470702508220150427173530

Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19708702
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a precision 490 workstation for video editing and I'm looking to max out the ram to 32GB. I see some of the compatible ram available is listed as "server only," yet all their specs appear to be the same as that for desktop. So what's the difference?

A:Precision 490 Workstation RAM, server or desktop?

Not sure about the difference, but here are the Dell validated 4GB memory sticks and 5 digit part numbers =9F035 4GB, 667MHz, ECCMWP63 4GB, 667MHz, ECCDR397 4GB, 667MHz, ECCUW730 4GB, 533MHz, ECC
Quad Channel FBD-DDR2 (Fully Buffered DIMM) Memory supportECC PC2-4200F 533 MHz or PC2-5300F 667 MHz FBD-DDR2 SD-RAM256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB DIMM sizes512MB minimum/32GB maximum

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987029
Relevancy 67.08%

Tonight I formatted and re-installed XP on my machine. After re-installing everything, and fudging around with the resources CD Dell gave me (I installed what I think is everything; I see nothing relating to video drivers), I noticed something was wrong with my video settings. I only have two resolution settings: 800x600 and 1024x768.

I have tried everything from Windows Update (which on a fresh install only gave me 18 updates, all critical--just security stuff) to getting the latest drivers from NVidia. I believe my card is a mobile FX5200 GO. The card isn't showing up on my device manager at all. I think the problem has to do with my Video Controller, which is showing up as not installed. When I try to install it via the New Hardware Found utility, it says the drivers cannot be found neither on Windows or my resources CD.

Any help is appreciated, I would like to skip having to call Dell.

Relevancy 67.08%

I recently purchased a new dell laptop M It worked good for days until I tried to turn it on and it hit me with the BSOD Luckly for DELL m8900 BSOD firepro M6600 ON me I was able to loggin into windows in safemode I then went into device manager and i rolled back the update on the BSOD ON DELL M6600 firepro m8900 graphics BSOD ON DELL M6600 firepro m8900 card to quot Standard VGA Grahpics Adapter quot which only fixed half the problem Now every time i tried to installed back my firepro M GPU my laptop reboots and before widows starts i get the Blue Screen I used Windows Dbg and these were BSOD ON DELL M6600 firepro m8900 my results Any help will be highly appreciated thx Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck fffffa df fffff cefd WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag sys Probably caused by atikmpag sys atikmpag fd Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis VIDEO TDR FAILURE Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed Arguments Arg fffffa df Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context TDR RECOVERY CONTEXT Arg fffff cefd The pointer into responsible device driver module e g owner tag Arg Optional error code NTSTATUS of the last failed operation Arg Optional internal context dependent data Debugging Details ------------------ FAULTING IP atikmpag fd fffff cefd ec sub rsp h DEFAULT BUCKET ID GRAPHICS DRIVER TDR FAULT CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT BUGCHECK STR x PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL STACK TEXT fffff c fffff d fffffa df fffff cefd nt KeBugCheckEx fffff c fffff d d a fffff cefd fffffa df fffffa d fffffa f dxgkrnl TdrBugcheckOnTimeout xec fffff c d fffff f fffffa df fffffa d fffffa f dxgkrnl TdrIsRecoveryRequired x a fffff c fffff a b ffffffff dxgmms VidSchiReportHwHang x b fffff c e fffff a bb dxgmms VidSchiCheckHwProgress x fffff c a fffff c ffffffff ff fffffa f dxgmms VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents x fb fffff c ab fffff fe a f fffffa ce c dxgmms VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun x da fffff c bc fffff f fee f ce fffffa d b fffffa b fffffa d b dxgmms VidSchiWorkerThread xba fffff c c fffff ccb e fffff f fffffa d b fffff a c fffff nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff c c nt KxStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND bugcheck kb FOLLOWUP IP atikmpag fd fffff cefd ec sub rsp h SYMBOL NAME atikmpag fd FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME atikmpag IMAGE NAME atikmpag sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP d FAILURE BUCKET ID X x IMAGE atikmpag sys BUCKET ID X x IMAGE atikmpag sys Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:BSOD ON DELL M6600 firepro m8900

Hi
if you can boot into windows follow these posting instructions.

Also try updating your graphics drivers from the ATI website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-dell-m6600-firepro-m8900-633548.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

One of our devs broke the main latch on the front of his Dell M6800 and it is partially stuck and the lid will not clip in to keep closed.
I would like to find the replacement part which I believe is SKU dellm6700latch. there the same from what im seeing.
Can anyone confirm this is the correct part and if known anywhere apart from the USA one can be purchased.

Thanks for reading

Many Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994521
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey my dell started to do this thing. I turn the laptop on and all I get is a black screen with a white dash on the top left corner, there is no bios screen or the dell logo it does it as soon as I turn it on. Every now and then it works and windows loads but then I get red lines on the screen and it will lockup or the screen will shut off.

One last thing I ran the built in dell diagnostic tool and everything passed.

A:Dell Precision m60 problem

Go through this:

Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

Could be faulty Ram or HDD (it's all in the guide)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-m60-problem.124404/
Relevancy 66.65%

Greetings Intro I m d artist and have recently discovered so low priced LGA Xeons so decided to build a workstation around it So I ve found out used R motherboards are quite low cost on Building R5500 on workstation Precision motherboard eBay - USD so decided Building workstation on Precision R5500 motherboard to build a system on top of it as it s only one double LGA with graphics PCIe out there I d make a wooden case instead of rack U shell Building workstation on Precision R5500 motherboard and can somebody help me with parts that are minimum requirement for this system to boot I Building workstation on Precision R5500 motherboard do know that it needs it s own proprietary power supply aka same as R s power unit www ebay com And a distribution unit www ebay com Would T power supply work instead I would not use Kw at all www ebay com So besides basically ECC memory also cost quite low CPU video card I think HDD is a must too and PSU is there anything that I must have in order to make it boot Or do you have any other suggestions Sincerely G Janiashvili

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19983613
Relevancy 66.65%

Greetings,
I've found out that used R5500+Xeon (plus ECC memory) Combo to be quite a low price point on ebay solution for CG tasks, and thinking to place it inside a custom made wooden case (instead of a rack and a shell), so with my little knowledge and info on the web I've found out that it needs more than just CPU+RAM+GPU+PSU and a drive to boot, and I've found out that PSU needs some especial 1.1 Kw PSU + power distribution unit (and all those parts together you can find on ebay for 200$), but that's it, I could find no more
So.. Can anybody help me with what parts exactly are required in order to boot into an OS?

Also, can someone help me with telling me if it's possible at all to not use a rack shell, and if T3500/T5500 PSU is compatible with this?Cheers!G. Janiashvili

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19983634
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello nbsp I am going to upgrade my nbsp T Workstation cpu T3600 CPU Precision upgrade, Workstation stepping nbsp with a new nbsp CPU There are a number of them sold on ebay now but there is no info in those announcements regarding which of the nbsp steppings intel produced of the E - cpu nbsp is inside them nbsp Does anyone have this cpu installed in their T machine out there nbsp Could you help a fellow Should be in the bios under system information or on the actual purchase receipt when you upgraded There are steppings nbsp www cpu-world com Intel-Xeon E - html What it says there is that the steppings are quot C quot QB A quot C quot QBF SR H and quot C quot QBV SR KX Now if you don acute t know the specifics of your cpu just look in the Precision T3600 Workstation CPU upgrade, cpu stepping bios for any of the above numbers that are in Precision T3600 Workstation CPU upgrade, cpu stepping parenthesis aka quot QBV SR KX quot anything like that Also if you could give the bios version and revision of the revision of the motherboard mainboard that would of course be genius but I acute ll take anything anyone has to offer me at this point nbsp Thanks for any help Best Regards Andrew Eklov Sweden

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19973706
Relevancy 66.65%

Dell true mobile 1300 WLAN mini pci card- Running on a a Dell Latitude D600- Windows XP. Was having problems staying connected so I reinstalled & downloaded new drivers. - Now it doesn't show up in device manager, or in my connections. When I ran the internet connections scan it does show up there. - Am not with the laptop right now so I can't give any of that info. It also didn't show up on a Belarc scan. Any ideas?

As always - Thanks so much! Lisa

A:Dell true mobile 1300 wireless card

If it doesn't show up in Device Manager, the hardware isn't working properly.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Let's see this as well.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-true-mobile-1300-wireless-card.874799/
Relevancy 66.22%

Just wondering what the recommendations are for a notebook video card. Im not trying to get the top model just something that will play all the new games well.

A:Mobile Gaming Video Card

Might read this forum thread: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=39568

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobile-gaming-video-card.462083/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Everyone,
I have already two HDs (1TB + 2TB) and recently I bought one more - 3TB (I have read that you can connect disk up to 3TB to T7610 motherboard) But unfortunately it is not recognised...
On top of that I am not able to boot my linux 64bit system when this disk is connected....
Probably I am missing something..
Thank you!
Best,
tomek

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19982876
Relevancy 65.79%

I am looking to add 64GB of ram with 16x4GB sticks. I understand I need the riser boards to do so which I don't have yet. I noticed that the riser boards are labeled Riser_1, Riser_2, Riser_3, Riser_4.
Locally there are Riser_3 and Riser_4 boards. Can I use these or do I need Riser_1, Riser_2 boards?

A:Precision T7400 Workstation: Memory Riser Boards

One of the riser cables is CR388 not sure if there are 2 or only 1 riser power cable.  Some say the 690 risers are NOT correct for the 7400.What I can say for sure is that there are 4 boards and 2 risers each facing the opposite way hense the 3 & 4 designation on some risers.
http://www.ascendtech.us/search.aspx?s=Precision+Memory+Riser
DELL F817F Precision 690 Workstation Memory Riser Card F817F F816FDell JF806 Precision 690 Memory Dimm Riser Expansion Board Card JF806 H9376 G9460Dell Precision 690 Memory Riser Boards JF807 M9008Dell TY853 Precision 690 Memory Riser Module TY853 NN378 NN383Dell Precision 690 and T7400 Memory Riser 3 & 4 Board TY857
YMMV This is an educated guess.
ChrisM might verify this.
What you want is:
DELL CR388 ASSY,CBL,PWR,MEM,PWS,T7400
DELL Assembly,Shroud,Riser,Dozer T7400 YR128
T7400 Memory Riser Board F817FT7400 Memory Riser Board G327F
Dell Precision WorkStation T7400 (FB DDR2-667MHz) Memory

The SLI BRIDGE IS Dell Part Number: MJ247 0MJ247 CN-0MJ247Compatible Part Number: 180-10219-0000-A01Compatible Models: Dell Dimension XPS 600 Precision T7400 690 XPS 700 710 720  
JF806 and JF807 are bolted back to back and it appears to me that the riser power cable is only on one side just like on the T7400 risers.
Look at pic below.

The riser power cables are attached to the large P24 connector from the power supply, using a CN-0CR388 cable which splits it into another two memory riser connector cables. Also, the 7400 riser version has a different memory fan assembly.   Its not a simple just plug in risers and use it install.

Maximum Memory
128GB (with 4 Memory Risers)/64GB (standard)
Memory Slots
16 Sockets (4 Sockets (2 banks of 2) per Riser)/8 Sockets (4 banks of 2) (standard)
non-removable base memory
0MB

Machine name: Dell Precision WorkStation T7400CPU options: Intel XeonChipset: Intel 5400 ChipsetMemory Speed options: PC2-5300 DDR2-667 240pin Fully Buffered SDRAM DIMM
Special notes: FB-DIMM Memory Risers are installed in the first four standard memory sockets only. Additional standard memory sockets then become unusable.

The four memory riser cards are connected together in sets of two. Do not attempt to disconnect the memory riser cards from each other.  Each memory riser card is numbered in the upper left hand corner. These numbers indicate which DIMM slot on the system board each riser card must be inserted into. Only the DIMM_1-4 slots (the slots with the white securing clips) on the system board can be used with the riser cards. The other slots (DIMM_5-8) must be left vacant.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19659527
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a dell Inspiron 1545 running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1, 64 bit. The hard drive went out so I replaced it with one out of an old Acer Aspire running the same Windows 7 version. It accepted my Windows Activation as genuine, however, my system information shows that is is still an Acer Aspire and my Mobile Intel 4 Series Family Chipset won't recognize the driver. The Properties of the chipset shows this message "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

Please help!

A:Mobile Intel Chipset4 Series Family won't work on Dell Inspiron 1545

This is appearing as a Acer because it contains the OEM Windows 7 installation with all of the Acer bloatware.

You made a mistake which probably will necessitate a fresh installation of Windows.  The motherboard has identifiers that Windows recognizes the first time it is started for the first time in the computer.  When you move a hdd to another computer with a different motherboard it will see a different set of identifiers which can cause the hdd to either not boot the operating system or create problems like you are experiencing.

In the future, when you go to move a drive with Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10 you need to generalize the operating system.  This will remove all of the current identifiers.

If you run sysprep on the HHD/SSD with Windows 7 or 8.1 before using it with another motherboard you should be be able to boot from it without any complications. You want to remove all hardware identifiers from the HDD/SSD, this generalizes the drive.

Click on the Start orb, then type cmd in the Search box.

cmd will appear under Programs above the search box, right click on it and choose Run as administrator.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt.

In the Elevated Command Prompt type in CD C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep, then 
use the command: sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown.

Don't power the drive back on until it's in the other computer.

Note: You'll want to install the new motherboard chipset drivers for the new motherboard after moving the drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601790/mobile-intel-chipset4-series-family-wont-work-on-dell-inspiron-1545/
Relevancy 65.36%

My dell Precision start to throttle cpu from 2.8 Xeon to 0.8 and can not go back to normal

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990457
Relevancy 65.36%

I ordered the Precision laptop with the nbsp Intel reg Core trade Xeon E - M v When I was configuring this laptop it says that ECC memory is required and choosing a non-ECC memory makes a message pop up saying the selected memory is incompatible with the processor For saving money I ordered this laptop with GB of ECC memory GB X 3510 Dell configuration problem RAM Precision - as configured from Dell Then I ordered this RAM kit from Crucial to upgrade the laptop nbsp Installing both Crucial memory sticks replacing the OEM gb sticks results in the computer booting up with amber blinking pattern indicating invalid memory installed See page of the owner s manual nbsp However booting with just one stick of GB memory does not result in any problems and the system RAM configuration problem - Dell Precision 3510 is able to post and load into the OS which recognizes GB installed I am aware that the Crucial memory I purchased is Mhz and the configurations from Dell for this laptop only list Mhz RAM This does not seem to be an issue though considering the laptop is able to boot up with GB of Mhz ECC just fine Furthermore this system is capable of handling GB according to the owner s manual and memory configuration options from Dell s ordering site nbsp Please advise on how to allow this machine to boot with two sticks of GB Mhz ECC If this is not possible would this memory kit be compatible with this machine with the selected processor mentioned above It is Mhz but non-ECC nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988869
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi! After Windows 10 update I cannot use Bluetooth on my precision m 4700. Led indicator always off now. I checked BIOS setting - it's ok, but when I try to install driver from dell.com site it sais "activate Bluetooth using wireless switch". But wireless switch didn't activate Bluetooth. Please help.
p.s. I don't have "Bluetooth devices" section in device manager.

A:Dell precision m4700 Bluetooth problem windows 10

I like to suggest you run the troubleshooting tool on your computer. Please follow steps below:
1. Type troubleshooting into the (Cortana) search bar
2. Look to the left and click " view all "

First try windows update - any failed windows update or any update that need to be install will cause problems on your system).Secondly, try Hardware And Devices, and then Network Adapter. Hopefully, you're able to get Bluetooth.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682906
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
I have a Dell Precision Workstation T5400, my current processors are:
Processor(s): 2 Processor(s) Installed. [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz [02]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
more specifically
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5450 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz (2 processors)
They do not support SLAT(Second Level Address Translation) which is a requirement for Hyper-V to work:
Current Hyper-V Requirements:
VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes Second Level Address Translation: No Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes
Could I please have some advice on what processors would be a natural upgrade for me, which support SLAT?

Thanks
Mcai

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985829
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I have been having problems installing any ATI software. I believe I have the correct driver ATI Firepro 8.85.7.1 for Windows 7 64 Bit.

The install processes correctly and report log is a success. The program appears in the Add/Remove programs panel. However, there is no entry in the Start menu.

I have also tried manually installing the ATI driver through Device Manager, Display Adapter, *.inf file but get a message 'this program is for a different version of Windows'. Even though it is the 64 Bit driver.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!. System spec updated.

A:Ati firepro graphic card driver installation problems

Anointedone, welcome to the Seven Forums.

If it is the FireGL V7350 listed in your specs then the driver version you listed is not for it. You can read the release notes for it here,

workstation8.85.7.1.pdf

Problem is that your card is an older DirectX 9 based card and AMD has not (and will not) released a Windows 7 driver for it,

Quote:
Note: AMD?s DirectX 9 ATI FireGL graphics accelerators are not officially supported under Windows 7. If the user chooses to, they can install the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista graphics driver under Windows 7. Please be aware that none of the new Windows 7 graphics driver (WDDM 1.1) features are supported (as the Windows Vista level graphics driver is limited to WDDM 1.0 level support). Using the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista driver under Windows 7 is not officially supported by AMD, and as such AMD will not provide any form of customer support for users running in this configuration

The best you're going to get is the last Vista driver for it,

ATI FireGL

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/190068-ati-firepro-graphic-card-driver-installation-problems.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I was just wondering if there are any settings that may help me improve FPS in games like Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory.

I mean, I feel I should be able to run the game no problem. I have:

1.46 Dual Core Processor
2GB DDR2
and of course the integrated graphics card (Intel 965)

The game is nearly 4 years old and the graphics are not good at all. I was just wondering if any one knew any tweaks.

Thanks for your time.

A:Intel 965 Mobile Express Chipset (Video Card) Tweaks?

Heurist1c said:

I was just wondering if there are any settings that may help me improve FPS in games like Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory.

I mean, I feel I should be able to run the game no problem. I have:

1.46 Dual Core Processor
2GB DDR2
and of course the integrated graphics card (Intel 965)

The game is nearly 4 years old and the graphics are not good at all. I was just wondering if any one knew any tweaks.

Thanks for your time.Click to expand...

Anyone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-965-mobile-express-chipset-video-card-tweaks.109000/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,
Just ordered and started to use my Dell Inspiron 15 3552 laptop. I realized that something is wrong with the headset port. I have tried to use my earphones and then headphones which the laptop has recognized immediately as a new device connected to it, but the music sound was still coming out from the laptop and did not switch to the earphones / headphones. (Note: I plugged in them properly.)
Please help me what I need to do in this case. I want to use earphones / headphones to listen to music and play videos. I don't want others hear what I am watching / listening.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19994118
Relevancy 64.07%

I was playing bf2 when all of the sudden it gets choppy and part of the screen was all distorted and black. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY PC!!!

VIDEO CARD= nVIDIA GeForce pcx 5750

A:major glitch in video card HELP!!

Maybe re-install BF2 or re-install the card itself. Are all your other games working? If they are it's probably the software. If nothing works, I'd System Restore to go to the most recent time when it worked. System Restore can be found at "Search" ---> type in "sytem restore" -->and click on it---> press "restore to an earlier time" or something like that. :angel: Hope it works!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-glitch-in-video-card-help.27408/
Relevancy 64.07%

Howdy I just bought a new PC and so far I m very satisfied won't work card properly Ethernet except that my network interface card a D-Link DFE- TX R doesn t work Every time I install Windows XP Pro and I Ethernet card won't work properly ve tried at least times the card installs itself as it should but when I go to System and all that there s a quot quot next to Network Adapters And when I right-click on the card which is called RealTech something something for some reason at first I thought it was because it was the wrong driver but the guy at the store said it was what it was supposed to be and click on quot Properties quot there s an error message Code or Code I think saying quot Too much of your system s resources are being used quot or something like that Sorry I can t give you the exact message but I had to unplug my new PC to use this one to write this post So I brought my PC back to the place I bought it and after checking things for almost an hour and trying three different network cards the technician finally concluded the problem was with Windows XP He also said his PC had the same card and it worked fine I don t know what makes him say that but he says I have more than twenty ethernet cards installed on my computer I only see one when I click on Network Adapters shrug Anyway after I got back to my house I tried installing the drivers from the disk that came with the card first I tried doing it automatically but it wouldn t work so I did it manually and couldn t find any drivers for Windows XP so I installed the Windows ones and they had the card s name D-Link DFE- TX R too and it worked perfectly I uninstalled the Realtech drivers and the quot quot was gone But the next time I rebooted my PC the Realtech driver was back as was the quot quot Anyway as you can probably see I m very confused I know the problem isn t my cable modem since I m using it right now to send this message using my old PC and the guy from the computer store says it s not my PC either so I guess it really is Windows XP I got my copy from a friend who works at a university in my city he swears to me it s not a pirated copy and that they got a license from Microsoft I don t know if he s telling he truth but I guess that s what Windows XP Pro is for Well I hope you guys can help me because no one else can Here are my new PC s specs AMD Athlon XP GB IMB Deskstar GXP RPM MSI MS- GeForce IV Ti MB MSI KT -Ultra mhz motherboard DVD x Sony Soundblaster Live MB DDR mhz D-Link TX R Webstar cable modem OS Windows XP Pro nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

windows 8.1 Pro 64bitcpu <= 25% usageIn docking stationBIOS up to dateMy fan constantly picks up speed, then slows down ,then picks up speed again, ... . Is there a setting to change the minimum time the fan runs once it starts ?I have the impression the fan stops cooling too soon and then it needs to start again soon after the stop 

A:HP ZBook 17 G2 Mobile Workstation fan keeps spinning up / do...

Hello, just got the same issue, fan was spinning full speed for no reason, from boot up to shut down. I went in unpluged the main power, removed the batterie, and also unpluged the bios batterie, wait for a minute and plug the batterie back in, put the main batterie in and connect the power. After reboot the bios will be reset and everything was running nice and smooth again. Best regards, Michael 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-ZBook-17-G2-Mobile-Workstation-fan-keeps-spinning-up-down/td-p/5536712
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello,   I would like to use a icc profile for real pictures views with a specialized software. How can I obtain the color profiles to my Notebook? It depends only on LCD panel type, but I dont know it.  Thank you,with regards Martin

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/icc-profile-for-HP-ZBook-17-G3-Mobile-Workstation/td-p/5670401
Relevancy 63.21%

Please help I have finally got my video card working after total system Solved: problems!! card Major video recovery The problem i Solved: Major video card problems!! have now is when i restart my pc i lose my video card driver I look in device manager and it shows my onboard chipset is disabled But my video card has a yellow mark on it So i open it and it says cannot find enough resources that it can use It says if i want to use this device i need to disable one of the other devices on the system but my chipset is already disabled Plus now my pc takes forever to boot up and when i restart it comes back with a blank screen So i turn it completely off and then back on again and it is fine except the prblem described above I have windows xp gig of ram gigs of free harddrive space I hope this is enough info Thanks in advance for any help Brian nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Alright, so I ugpraded from XFX nVidia Geforce 7950GT to Visiontek ATI Radeon HD 4870.

Compared to the old card, it's a lot of improvement. Here are the other specs:
Q6600 Quad core processor
4GB of DDR2-1066 ram

Problem with FPS right now is with World of Warcraft.
On the old card, I ran at an average of 200FPS, with peeks of 350-400 and lows of 90-100 (during raids and Alterac valley, mostly), now I hit 200FPS
max and 40-50 on lows , with an average on 140(haven't even tested alterac valley or raids, but I am pretty sure I'll 20-30, unplayable). Any idea what might be the cause of this? On areas with 150FPS, it's smoother than it was before, but my FPS is really really low.

Tested other games and the FPS seems increased and the running is much smoother. But the FPS is alright.

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I have bought nbsp dell inspiron with linux I installed windows on it This is my first laptop that has video cards and i had problems with it from the get go I looked up all the drivers for the video cards on card working Is properly? video the dell com website There somehow is video drivers recommended for install i will list them below Intel HD Graphics Driver Video Driver N WN A EXE AMD Radeon R M Driver Video Driver TJ R WN A EXE AMD Radeon R M R M Driver Video Driver V RDN WN A EXE At first i installed all of them So the probkems that i had Windows every second or third time would not boot after loading screen it would be plain black screen with nothing working nbsp if it loaded to windows screen would very soon start blinking messages about Is video card working properly? amd video card nbsp failing would start appearing nbsp and BSOD followed in a fex moments I figured that the cards might be conflicting and after disabling intel Is video card working properly? video card the problems would Is video card working properly? disappear I tried removing all the drivers and after i installed only the hd driver and nbsp r nbsp driver there were no such problems aswell have to test a little bit more though However after i try to test video card through windows rating system it fails with error Display driver stopped responding and has recovered and the test does not finish Also tried starting up dark souls it also did not start and failed with the same error On my other computer that is less powerful game started it had low fps but it did not fial with error So i am thinking that amd video card might be broken how can i test if it works properly or not

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19682286
Relevancy 62.78%

My computer currently packs the "the beast" (codename for my Geforce2 mx400). Im sadly departing from it....as i have ordered a 9700PRO off ebay which should arrive thursday. I know the best way to ensure going fron Nvidia to ATI is to reformat, but that is not an option. I would like to know what to do to ensure my new card runs the best it can when it gets here. How shall i go about removing the old vid things and going about the new ones properly?

Thanks

Cheese

Relevancy 62.78%

I INSTALLED WINDOWS BETA AND I GOT THE SOUND CARD TO WORK BUT NOT THE VIDEO CARD IT STAYS IN - WHEN ITS SUPPOSED TO BE BIGGER THAN THAT THESE ARE MY SPECS I NEED TO FIND THE RIGHT VIDEO CARD OR MANUFACTUER I DID IT BEFORE BUT I CANT REMEMBER HOW PLZ HELP IVE TRYED ABOUT EVERYTHING Windows Ultimate Media Center Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name REEKSAVAGE-PC User Name Reek Savage Motherboard CPU Type Intel Celeron D MHz x Motherboard Name Dell Dell DE Motherboard Chipset Intel Morgan Hill i GV System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Phoenix Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter Standard VGA Graphics Adapter KB D Accelerator help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Video properly working card not Intel Extreme Graphics Monitor Generic PnP Monitor NoDB MRJ Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel EB ICH - Video card not working properly help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AC Audio Controller A- A- Storage IDE Controller Intel R EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive IC L AVVA - ATA Device GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive WDC WD BB- CAA ATA Device GB IDE Optical Drive OPTORITE DVD RW DD ATA Device DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TS-H C ATA Device SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free F NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Standard PS Keyboard Mouse PS Compatible Mouse Network Network Adapter Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller Intel EB ICH - USB Controller A- A- USB Controller Intel EB ICH - USB Controller A- A- USB Controller Intel EB ICH - USB Controller A- A- USB Controller Intel EB ICH - Enhanced USB Controller A- A- nbsp

A:Video card not working properly help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is a Dell they go to the Dell site and put in your Model and see if you can find the driver

http://support.dell.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-not-working-properly-help.841355/
Relevancy 62.78%

My video card just recently started malfunctioning I first noticed when black dots would appear over videos during playback I shrugged it off thinking it was nothing big Eventually I ended up playing Counter-Strike These are some screenshots of what it looks like in game It s also displaying everything else incorrectly as well There are blue pixels appearing all over the place on the desktop and in Browser windows and such I tried re-installing the card many times but nothing seems to work I think I might have damaged the card somehow but I don t know how exactly I put a cold pack on it for a minute or two when it first started malfunctioning figuring it might have been overheating Here is information about the card from dxdiag Name VisionTek XTASY Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip Type RADEON Series AGP x DAC Type Internal not card working Video properly. DAC MHz Approx Total Memory MB Current Display Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor I should mention that I have an onboard Video Card as well and when I hook the monitor up to that everything displays fine Does anyone have any possible solutions nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello all I recently assembled a computer and all checks out fine except for the video card in my system information I ordered an N GTX PCI Express Graphics Card and when I try launching games my graphics card is instead displayed as an NVIDIA GeForce NVIDIA nForce a I tried some of the other tips I ve found when browsing through this site such as disabling the display adapter I have under the Device Manager but to no avail I also went into my BIOS and all I could find that pertained to my problem card Video properly? not displaying was the quot Primary Graphics Adapter quot which is set to quot PCI Express quot I m not sure if there was another option I was supposed to change but to my knowledge I couldn t find anything else I even went as far as taking my computer apart to check if It was plugged in correctly and to my knowledge it is One thing I do not understand is that the box my graphics card came in says it has dual fans and instead the one in my computer only has a single fan I m not sure if I was a victim of fraud or if I just wasn t doing something Video card not displaying properly? right If anyone could offer me any tips to solve this annoying issue I would appreciate it Thank you EDIT Sorry Missed a spot Before anyone asks yes I did update my drivers on the NVIDIA website I still haven t received any visual changes or notifications on the matter nbsp

A:Video card not displaying properly?

nForce is the chipset on AMD mobos. Is this correct? It could just be using the APU instead of the GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-not-displaying-properly.189517/