Windows Support Forum

Performance comparison of type 2 hypervisor vs type 1 hype

Q: Performance comparison of type 2 hypervisor vs type 1 hype

Hi
Windows 8 hypervisor hyper v is bare metal hypervisor. And vmware workstation is not. So will the new any difference between these two in terms of performance on a Windows 8 machine?
Is there any article document contrasting these scenarios?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Performance comparison of type 2 hypervisor vs type 1 hype

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Performance comparison of type 2 hypervisor vs type 1 hype

A simple web search should give you plenty of information.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/30179-performance-comparison-type-2-hypervisor-vs-type-1-hype.html
Relevancy 80.84%

To Whom It May Concern or anyone willing to help About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my & a popup type on chrome find Unable & now grrrr started! ie, to new adware-type both Chrome browsers - I hadn t downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop Unable to find adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, & now a new type started! grrrr etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary in advertisers but most frequent is for the game quot Big Farm quot They are always fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab without my regular menu Unable to find adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, & now a new type started! grrrr toolbar etc on top I did notice a little icon right before the url it shows at very top clicked it amp got a menu-thing showing the permissions of the settings etc amp I could click to view cookie data in which I was thinking quot yippee I got it quot lol I can quot remove quot amp quot block quot however each time I can make sure I do all of the however it doesn t seem to help because in a little bit quot poof quot it comes up just as before Of course it can get irritating Now as of days ago I ve suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts amp if it does play a video it doesn t ever start to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says quot SKIP AD in or seconds quot amp then counts down to usually a quot playnow quot amp quot download quot button shows where video screen was then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away So far I haven t been able to get the video nor the buttons etc to actually take me anywhere or do anything even I think the video is usually using jwplayer It also happens just the same nomatter if I m using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don t seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance HOPEFULLY I got this all done posted right HiJackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Pinger Pinger exe C Program Files x FreeAlarmClock FreeAlarmClock exe C Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files x mail com MailCheck IE mail com MailCheck Broker exe C Program Files x Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Users Christopher Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Pa... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-find-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-ie-now-a-new-type-started-grrrr.1124144/
Relevancy 80.84%

I haven't figured out how to get rid of it.. i don't see anything I set in ease of access.  it's making like s a squish sound every few letter i type.  it doesn't do it like for every letter.  it's not when i touch the mouse pad either.  please give me some ideas on how this happened..??

A:Inspiron. I don't know what settings I screw up on but when i type I hear like a squishing sound on every so many letters i type.

Always include your model name and number as well as the operating system when posting a question. Also include a clearer explanation of the problem.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682841
Relevancy 80.84%

so a few years back i read a magazine that said to change the type of computer in device manager to standard pc because it made the computer run a little better or faster so now i ve got my laptop and i ve noticed it type type device in manager! can't computer back original to change getting slower and thought that i would can't change computer type back to original type in device manager! do this VERY BAD MOVE i can still boot windows and everything - it meant that i had to let the computer reinstall all of can't change computer type back to original type in device manager! the drivers for my hardware - but i have noticed in the device manager now that there are two instances of standard pc there is also a new section titled other devices with about devices that seem to have no driver for them - some mention ISA so i am guessing that changing to standard pc means that windows thinks my laptop is now a desktop pc with ISA slots i find that when i put my laptop lid down the thing shuts down when i press the power button it turns off straight away doesn t even shut down i had had the laptop configured for ages to do nothing when i closed the lid and give me shut down options when i pressed the power button i look in power options and i can only cinfigure the monitor screen and hard disk power off options - every other option is not available when i do bring up the shut down options i can no longer choose standby i have also realised that i can not turn on my wireless connection - i ve tried all sorts to get it to work with no avail the laptop is an acer ferrari and when i call up the manager app it says that bluetooth and wireless are not present by the way i can still get the bluetooth button to work - correction - it starts up with the button on but if i turn it off it won t let me turn it on again the emanager and presentation manager buttons on the laptops casing don t work either i have to access them via software route my questions are is it possible that something is going on with the acer part of my system - with regards to the buttons and also the wireless and bluetooth can i change my computer type back to acpi uniprocessor pc yes it is compatible and will this solve all of my power option limitations other device entries have i got any of my suspicions right and is there anything i ve missed by the way - i really really really don t want to reinstall windows xp all over again because it has taken me about months and COUNTLESS hours to customise my system to a T i was hoping to get it perfect and then backup an image so i have a better starting block in the future if i reinstall the system i haven t got the windows install discs on me because they are at another location far away and i can t get them very easily at all - i do have an image to reinstall from however but it would take forever to recustomise everything again every bit of help is a life saver - thank you in advance even ideas are appreciated Steve nbsp

A:can't change computer type back to original type in device manager!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-computer-type-back-to-original-type-in-device-manager.589607/
Relevancy 80.84%

About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about popup source Unable both chrome of on adware-type & type! find a ie, to new now it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my Chrome browsers - I hadn't downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! in advertisers but most frequent is for Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! the game Big Farm They are always fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab with no toolbar etc on top Of course it can get irritating Now as of days ago I've suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says SKIP AD in seconds amp then counts down to then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away It also happens just the same nomatter if I'm using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don't seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance

A:Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

Hello angelgabbby I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Scan.After the scan is complete click on "Clean"Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.-Junkware-Removal-Tool-Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530996/unable-to-find-source-of-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-ie-now-a-new-type/
Relevancy 80.84%

About - weeks ago guesstimate I started getting a random window popup at various times while browsing online The semi-odd thing about it is -same type of popup on both ie amp my Chrome browsers - I hadn't downloaded installed anything around then I havenot been able to find their source - Have not found any scan malwarebytes Panda pcpitstop etc that seems to locate it nor does my Winpatrol The popup windows vary in advertisers but most frequent is for the game quot Big Farm quot They are always chrome new now adware-type both to type! on find ie, popup Unable source & of a fullsized page amp open in a new window not just a new tab with no toolbar etc on top Of course it can get irritating Now as of days Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type! ago I've suddenly gotten a new amp BIGGER annoyance Quite often especially when I open my browser amp go to do anything such as switch sites pages open history etc I get a blackish popup come down about over my page and has a video box which seldom starts to play for at least seconds amp below video has a button that says quot SKIP AD in seconds quot amp then counts down to then I can hit the skip button amp it goes away It also happens just the same nomatter if I'm using Chrome or ie Any clue If I had an idea of their name or source I should be able to find some sign of their existence in regedit but I don't seem to find any indication anywhere including at top or bottom of screen when they open The two types of popups do not look or act anyway similar related P S I also have checked my extensions etc in each browser amp in my programs Thank you very much for your time amp assistance NOTE the st time I ran gmer it fried on me amp restarted computer so I ran it with the quot sections quot clicked I saved the ark then I reran it again but with the original options amp it ran ok that time so I saved its ark also amp named it quot ark quot Im posting them both I hope that is best Ark txt sections c drive selected Ark txt the normal choices

A:Unable to find source of adware-type popup on both chrome & ie, now a new type!

cginn73,

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your logs. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-find-source-of-adware-type-popup-on-both-chrome-and-ie-now-a-new-type-823929.html
Relevancy 80.84%

So lately i found this nifty lil Twitter app that comes with Windows 10 But when i click a tweet with a vine retweet or such it gives me an error saying "Unsupported Video Type Invalid File Type" Has anyone been using the twitter app lately and are getting the same error?
-Cheetha

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43686-unsupported-video-type-invalid-file-type-windows-10-twitter-app.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I set up an Outlook account on a new-to-me laptop I had been Is device? default type type of deteremined email by account unable to download email for several months since I didn't have a computer I had been saving the emails I wanted to keep and had planned on downloading them into my new computer After setting up the account it appeared the system automatically downloaded Is default email account type deteremined by type of device? all of my email from the server I know this is default behavior which I turn off So I went through that process double-checked to see that all the email was downloaded and went out to my server I discovered that what I thought were copies of the emails were left on the servier I didn't want that to happen I dug around to find the location that I have used many times to do this and couldn't remember or find the location to make this change So I came to Seven Forums I saw the step-by-step instructions go to the account select it click change click advanced and uncheck the box that says quot Leave a copy of email on server quot When I went to the advanced dialog box for changing accounts I discovered there wasn't any such box I dug around some more decided to subscribe here and ask why mine was different In the mean time since all the email was downloaded to my computer I went back out to my server deleted all the email and purged the trash Then I went back to my Oullook and discovered all the email that I had quot downloaded quot was gone After digging some more and callling my ISP service desk I discovered that I had set up an IMAP account rather than a POP account There was no place to change this in this account so I deleted the account and went through the process again When I got to the account type the only types showing were IMAP and exchange There may have been another option but the important thing is that POP was not one of the options Down at the bottom of the screen was a checkbox to allow custom set up I checked that and discovered there the POP choice I clicked that and the account behaved as I want deleting copies of emails from the server as they are actually downloaded I have set up several Outlook accounts on various computers before This is the first time I have ever had this happen I have never seen the IMAP as a default before but this is also the first time I have installed it on a laptop Was it this way BECAUSE I was adding the account on a laptop There was another account on the computer which I deleted and it was a POP account so it wasn't some sort of previous setting that just followed over All I know for sure is that having this as default cost me a bunch of time and effort and some extremely important emails Any feedback besides quot Pay closer attention to what your various screens say when you are setting up an account dummy quot

A:Is default email account type deteremined by type of device?

Hello Hagridore and Welcome to Seven Forums!

No, I don't believe the problem is because it is a Laptop.
Email can be very confusing to setup with the different protocols such as POP3, IMAP, and MAPI.

Referring to "Outlook" can be confusing, as it can mean different things.
Outlook may mean the MS Office Outlook client email program, or an Outlook.com email address.
MS has created confusion here imho.
When you say "Outlook accounts" do you mean email accounts in the Outlook client program, or Outlook.com email address's, or both ?
What email client program are you using, such as MS Office Outlook, MS Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, ... ?
Also fwiw, for WEB (online) access, Hotmail accounts are being converted to the outlook "WEB format" now...just to make it more fun

From what I know, setting up an Outlook.com (or Hotmail) email address with IMAP does not work without a 3rd party paid solution.
MS uses their own proprietary MAPI protocol (or POP3) for hotmail/outlook email address's accessed in a client program.
If it is possible to use an Outlook(Hotmail) email account with IMAP in a client email program, I would like to know how!

When I delete a POP account (Windows Live Mail) I get a warning about messages that might be lost...
Did you get a warning message when you deleted the POP account?

edit:
I just looked at this again, and see it's in the Office forum.
So, can I assume you are using MS Office Outlook on all the PC's?
If so, what version(s)?
Also, who is the email provider such as Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, MS, ...?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/283902-default-email-account-type-deteremined-type-device.html
Relevancy 79.55%

How do I search a directory for a file type, and have it only show files that aren't that file type.
For example, searching a directory for only .jpg, and have the search only show files that are not .jpg, such as .txt, .png, etc.

Relevancy 78.26%

Since about weeks both laptops startup extremely slow whereby the ZG is slower than the P -M 15" P273-M type type Travelmate and 5742ZG 17" wit... It can take more than minutes before the ZG responds on mouse commands in a Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... normal way The P -M is quicker but also significantly slower than before Both laptops react in a similar way during startup CPU and RAM usage drop off after a few minutes but there remains nbsp a high level of disk I O on both laptops After the harddisk I O becomes normal both laptops operate in a normal way for the rest of the time Both laptops I have upgraded to Windows a few months ago and both worked ok My impression is Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... that after the latest Windows update to build startup has become so slow Checked Taskmgr on harddisk activity at Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... startup and found the following same for both laptops Service Host local system network limitations Service Host local service network limitations Service Host local systemare responsable for disk I O of to during to minutes at every startup Both laptops are cleaned regularly by running Privazer Also the list of startup programs in Windows auto start is very limited No virusses and malware found Also used Windows Problem Solver but nothing found Also done nothing special with both laptops indicating to me it has something to do with the Windows update s Does anyone has an idea

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Travelmate-15-quot-type-5742ZG-and-17-quot-type-P273-M-with/td-p/405818
Relevancy 78.26%

I have 2 router one is a thompsons speed touch (wire) and the other a linksys(wireless) and i cant get the ps3 to connect to the internet properly everytime i try i get nat type 3 (that is limited connectivity) so if anyone know how to configure the router so i wont have that problem please help

A:Solved: How to get from nat type 3 to nat type 2 using two routers one wired other n

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-get-from-nat-type-3-to-nat-type-2-using-two-routers-one-wired-other-n.788709/
Relevancy 78.26%

Since about weeks both laptops startup extremely slow and 5742ZG 15" type type 17" wit... Travelmate P273-M whereby the ZG is slower than the P -M It can take more than minutes before the ZG responds on mouse commands in a normal way The P -M is quicker but also significantly slower than before Both laptops react in a similar way during startup CPU and RAM usage drop off after a few minutes but there remains nbsp a high level of disk I O on Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... both laptops After the harddisk I O becomes Travelmate 15" type 5742ZG and 17" type P273-M wit... normal both laptops operate in a normal way for the rest of the time Both laptops I have upgraded to Windows a few months ago and both worked ok My impression is that after the latest Windows update to build startup has become so slow Checked Taskmgr on harddisk activity at startup and found the following same for both laptops Service Host local system network limitations Service Host local service network limitations Service Host local systemare responsable for disk I O of to during to minutes at every startup Both laptops are cleaned regularly by running Privazer Also the list of startup programs in Windows auto start is very limited No virusses and malware found Also used Windows Problem Solver but nothing found Also done nothing special with both laptops indicating to me it has something to do with the Windows update s Does anyone has an idea

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Travelmate-15-quot-type-5742ZG-and-17-quot-type-P273-M-with/td-p/405818/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 78.26%

I am using Chrome m -bit Windows Home Premium Service Pack I haven't done a thing to my computer and now I in HELP Firefox Chrome, yet Google PLEASE! in type type anything can Can't I.E. can't type into Google Chrome Omni Box Incognito or any other part of Chrome Even this message had to be done in a word document and cut amp paste here I tried my backup browser Firefox and it also has the same problem Yet when I go to my last resort IE it works fine I turned off all my extensions and add on and it still didn't work I reset Google Can't type anything in Google Chrome, Firefox yet can type in I.E. HELP PLEASE! Chrome by using Reset Settings and nothing I downloaded a new Google Chrome and still the same problem I tried to go back on my Windows using System Restore yet this didn't work as the possible earlier dates said the files were bad I tried to add another search engine under settings yet I can't type into any of the Chrome boxes I ran Malwarebytes AVG Sypbot Kasperay home scan and nothing was found I ran the Google Clean Can't type anything in Google Chrome, Firefox yet can type in I.E. HELP PLEASE! Up Tool and nothing I can access Word Pad I have msftedit dll on my system C Windows System I use AVG for my anti-virus Windows Firewall and OIbit Malaware fighter I went to Google conflicts and it said no conflicts See the results at the bottom of the page I am using Chrome m -bit Windows Home Premium Service Pack I haven't done a thing to my computer and now I can't type into Google Chrome Omni Box Incognito or any other part of Chrome Even this message had to be done in a word document and cut amp paste here I tried my backup browser Firefox and it also has the same problem Yet when I go to my last resort IE it works fine I turned off all my extensions and add on and it still didn't work I reset Google Chrome by using Reset Settings and nothing I downloaded a new Google Chrome and still the same problem I tried to go back on my Windows using System Restore yet this didn't work as the possible earlier dates said the files were bad I tried to add another search engine under settings yet I can't type into any of the Chrome boxes I ran Malwarebytes AVG Sypbot Kasperay home scan and nothing was found I ran the Google Clean Up Tool and nothing I can access Word Pad I have msftedit dll on my system C Windows System I use AVG for my anti-virus Windows Firewall and OIbit Malaware fighter I went to Google conflicts and it said no conflicts See the results at the bottom of the page Here is the info on Google Chrome version which I'm using Google Chrome Official Build m -bit Revision e e b edc a a ad dc ae e fd-refs branch-heads OS Windows Blink e e b edc a a ad dc ae e fd JavaScript V Flash User Agent Mozilla Windows NT Win x AppleWebKit KHTML like Gecko Chrome Safari Command Line C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end Executable Path C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Profile Path C Users John AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Variations b d d-afba f fb fc - f a df c bc -f a cdd eadf-ca d d ba f da-ca d d f a - d f f ebbd - f a df f c c -ca d d dca- f a df e c f -e c cd c ba-ca d d f cb b- d f f b - e d a ea a -ecbb e d b a - d f f e - cf a aa da - a e de -ca d d ce f - dd dbffab d-ca d d d aa- a e f ae a- c ad ac - e a c f c- bbed aae -d f b c ed d -e cc f f f a -d f b c e b - ad e e - ad ab - f a df Compiler MSVC Modules loaded into Google Chrome This page lists all modules loaded into the main process and modules registered to load at a later point Modules - No conflicts detected Software Signed by Version Location Microsoft Office Shell Extension Handlers Microsoft Corporation commonprogramfiles microsoft shared office msoshext dll Shell Extension -- Not loaded yet Microsoft Windows Live ID Namespace Provider Microsoft Corporation commonprogramfiles microsoft shared windows live wlidnsp dll Kaspersky Lab programdata ka... Read more

A:Can't type anything in Google Chrome, Firefox yet can type in I.E. HELP PLEASE!

I bet it has something to do with this:

Zemana AntiLogger Free Zemana Ltd. 1.8.2.320 c:\program files (x86)\keycryptsdk\keycrypt64(1).dll 

Try disabling/uninstalling it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619603/cant-type-anything-in-google-chrome-firefox-yet-can-type-in-ie-help-please/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I have pop up error message Unable to cast object of type System Boolean to object 'System.String'" to Solved: Unable type type cast 'System.Boolean' to of type System String quot comes up every Solved: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'" time windows started So Solved: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'" I check the msconfig if some start up software has error but I couldn t find anything I unchecked all start up application and reboot it but still have error message So I go event viewer then I found the error happened in the same time I start up the windows so this might be the one This is info for error I got Log Name Application Source WMI Event ID Level error Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Is there any way to fix this error so that pop up error might stop Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-cast-object-of-type-system-boolean-to-type-system-string.1084910/
Relevancy 74.82%

Finally after 3 weeks I find this solve for this error message

{ Unable to cast object of type system.boolean to type system.string }

by this tool " CCleaner" and It's works! 100%

Enjoy ​

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-cast-object-of-type-system-boolean-to-type-system-string-solved.1094703/
Relevancy 70.52%

My PC's been running wierd for about a week now and in that time numerous infections have been found, quarantined and removed. Last virus scan came back clear 'hooray!'... or so i thought...I use AVG free 8.5 and within the space of 45 mins i have received two seperate threat alerts. The first one was exploit phoenix exploit kit type 1112and the second one was exploit rogue scanner type 1148 The next step was unplugging it and drop kicking it out the window until these threat alerts popped up as it proves the machine is still under the influence of something. Can someone please advise me on the 'whats', 'hows' and 'whens' to restore my PC back to how it should be?Many much thanks in advance!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337954/exploit-phoenix-exploit-kit-type-1112-and-exploit-rogue-scanner-type-1148/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi

I'm looking for a converter that will take my DV Type-1 AVI files and output them as DV Type-2 AVI files for editing with Premier Pro.

Id like to capture directly with Premier Pro, but I cant get my Panasonic NV-GS180 to work with FireWire, so I have to capture with USB-interface using Moviemaker

Thank you for any help

A:DV type 1 to DV type 2 converter

How large are the files? This software has a 4GB limit I believe.
http://www.ulead.com/download/dvconverter/download.htm

also: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVdate not sure of any limits.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dv-type-1-to-dv-type-2-converter.93916/
Relevancy 69.66%

Re the new usb type C and usb version 3.1 I get that the type is the physical connector, and that the 3.1 is the latest standard a port could utilize. What I don't get is the type A to type C connector cables. This is fine for connecting backward to 2.0 , or 3.0 etc. But how can a type A port (and connector) support all the features of 3.1 ? All my reading (dozens of discussions) have not said anything about this. It seems 3.1 requires a lot of wires, more than a Type A connector/port has, is that true, meaning Type A cannot carry full 3.1 features. Or in other words, no Type A port will ever support full 3.1?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-type-a-to-type-c-cables.1169477/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi everyone It! Everything Type I Gets I As Type Erased My laptop was fine until a few days ago All of a sudden when I turned it on and attempted to sign into my email I noticed that the letters would erase as I typed them sometimes immediately sometimes not until I would finish typing the whole word It is now extremely frustrating to use it beacause sometimes I try to type fast to get it all in before it gets deleted and then I move down to say the password field and begin to type there well that will all erase AND the username field above will erase too This occurs on every program including the address bar when I try to enter websites in my browser I ve noticed that the cursor just moves around when it s not being touched and also sometimes when I try to select something with it it will just Everything I Type Gets Erased As I Type It! open it quickly and close it For instance I cannot even access the start menu as when it is selected it quickly flashes but will not open Or sometimes give me an error message like Everything I Type Gets Erased As I Type It! quot are you sure you want to abort this quot when I hadn t even touched anything It s almost as if someone is watching what I m doing online and fooling around with me okay NOW I sound off Everything I Type Gets Erased As I Type It! my rocker - but is that possible It is so bad that I am actually typing this question on my Sidekick because my laptop would not permit me to I m thinking otherwise that I must have some sort of bug so I ve run several spyware adware checks anti-virus scans including Ewido reset the system back two months and still no dice The keyboard is perfectly clean with no obstructions or stuck keys It s an Averatec laptop I am using windows xp professional and I believe xp plus is installed as well The computer is primarily used for internet surfing and I do not open foreign emails I do have it on a wireless network that is WEP encrypted Does anyone have any idea what I may be looking at here I apologize for the long-winded question I am just at the end of my rope with this thing and typing on my Sidekick isn t really doin it for me LOL

A:Everything I Type Gets Erased As I Type It!

Well, at first glance this seems to be a hardware issue and not a software issue. Something is 'firing', perhaps the keyboard, perhaps the mousepad or buttons. Don't know. But the fact that your scans come up clean kind of confirms this also. Are you using a mouse with this laptop? A wireless mouse perhaps? Disconnect the mouse if that is the case. See if the problems go away.EDIT: I almost forgot: Welcome to BC!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52502/everything-i-type-gets-erased-as-i-type-it/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,
I apologize if this is not the right section, this seemed to be the most suitable.
I am using a 3D Connexion mouse and when I try to execute an executable file for the software configuration, I get the following error?
"Exception: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Configuration.Internal.ConfigurationManagerInternal' to type 'System.Configuration.Internal.IConfigSystem'"
I've talked with the mouse vendor and they have no idea.  My OS is Win7 64.  Does anybody know what this is?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c619ecf6-c283-4481-87c4-b80c2f3fe3cc/exception-unable-to-cast-object-of-type?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 64.5%

Information
We had several discussions regarding the benefits and performance of SSHDs. But since nobody had any real data, I decided to order a SSHD when a reasonably priced model was on sale at Newegg. I ran comparison tests with a HDD and a SSD and the details are below.

I have removed the original posting from here because it was polluted with Adware. But you can still access it from my One Drive - without Adware. I don't want my good name associated with advertisement for questionable products.

Link: SSDH - Perfornance comparison.

A:SSHD - Performance comparison with HDD and SSD

Interesting results but not very meaningful for typical real world conditions. The test was basically measuring only transfer speed which is the ideal case for a conventional HD. Under typical workloads there is a great deal of reading of small sections of files spread over the disk surface. That requires a large number of head seeks, a weakness of conventional drives and a strength of SSds. SSHD drives will have also have an advantage here but to a lesser extent then an SSD. How much will depend a great deal on the nature of the workload.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/315798-sshd-performance-comparison-hdd-ssd.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Quote:
The latest version of the top 5 main Web browsers were tested under 6 performance indicators to see how they stack up against each other.

Source -
Web Browser Performance

A:Performance Comparison of Web Browsers.

Nice article Jan thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/57006-performance-comparison-web-browsers.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have recently bought a new mobile phone made to specifications of Telstra here in Australia I have received photos from two different friends which are in the phone as quot Multimedia message s quot The phone came with software called Joinme written by a local Melbourne company for transferring photos to and from a PC as well as backing up calendar other message files viewing file .sqm, type a this file of type etc As a beginner I have managed to transfer all Multimedia messages and Text messages from the phone to my PC and appear on my PC with a file type sqm ie for both the Multimedia and Text messages Windows cannot select a program to view the photos received file type .sqm, viewing a file of this type as a Mulkimedia messages I rang the company who write the Joinme and an unhelpful software support person told me to go and read their web site and anywhere the file type is a consequence of that used by the originating phones my photos come from two different friends Can anyone help with a possible viewer for the sqm files nbsp

A:file type .sqm, viewing a file of this type

I dobut your gonna find a program to view them in Windows. SQM files are typically log files anyway. The program that makes them and your phone are you best if not only two ways to view them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-type-sqm-viewing-a-file-of-this-type.817704/
Relevancy 63.21%

Quote:
Looking back, quad-core processors have had quite the run already. Intel's first quad-core CPU, the Core 2 Extreme QX6700 was released almost three years ago, with the much more popular Q6600 following up months later at a rather steep $850. As you may recall it was quite the luxury then to have one of these at your disposal.

more..

A:Mainstream Quad-Core CPU Performance Comparison

Very interesting read, thanks.

I'm seriously tempted to think about an i750 upgrade next Spring.
If I started saving now and the prices drop a bit....

But then I'd need to start thinking about a new GPU so I could enjoy the benefit in games...

Thinking about it I'm beginning to find my case a bit unattractive.

It's a strange addiction but, even though what I have and what I do with it now it's like getting a Ferrari to drive to the corner shop, I just can't help it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/24441-mainstream-quad-core-cpu-performance-comparison.html
Relevancy 63.21%

From Web Browser Performance Performance [October 2015] Browser Web Comparison Comparison HotHardware Browsers Web Rendering Engines And Test Setup The Internet is an ever changing Web Browser Performance Comparison [October 2015] congruous mass of standards design and interoperability challenges Keeping on top of it all can be a daunting task It s a delicate balance between features security and performance If you re considering swapping out your web browser for something new and fresh but are uncertain over the real world performance differences this article should help with lots of insight Features are not something that can be easily compared and will be up to you to decide what you want in a browser As for security that is in a constant state of flux and issuing metrics of flaws discovered vs fixed paints a very distorted view of what s trule quot better quot between Web Browser Performance Comparison [October 2015] the various releases Which leaves us with performance There are a number of standard metrics we can throw at each browser as well as a number of standards-based compliance tests and it s these that we ll be focusing on The browsers that we ll be covering are all the major players apart from Safari but Web Browser Performance Comparison [October 2015] with the inclusion of two wild-cards First off we ll have a look at the usual runners of Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox Opera and Microsoft s latest browser that comes with Windows Edge formally project Spartan Safari is not included in these results since Apple discontinued its support for Windows back in and our focus is on Windows-based machines in this article The wild-cards are newcomer Vivaldi the spin-off from Opera started by former Opera CEO Mr Tetzchner and finally Firefox Developer The inclusion of Firefox Developer is to coincide with the major overhaul that is taking place over at Mozilla effectively rebuilding the core from the ground up to become multi-process capable with it s new electrolysis or e s update The Web Engines It s worth pointing out some of the similarities that are likely to crop up in the results as well as explanations in the differences Although each browser has its own catchy name some of them share the same web engine WebKit may be a familiar name but there is only one notable desktop browser that employs it as its core Safari However WebKit is the base for pretty much all mobile versions of browsers even Firefox on iOS Chromium the open-source browser that Chrome is built on and Opera both use a fork of WebKit called Blink What s interesting is that Opera switched over to WebKit Blink in after years of using Presto exclusively This caused a rift in the community as a lot of the features that users were fond of were removed due to compatibility issues with WebKit Further management issues led to the closure of the MyOpera community which in turn led to the creation of Vivaldi by Opera s former CEO Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner Vivaldi was created to re-introduce many of the features that were removed from Opera during the transition to Blink Vivaldi doesn t use Presto either but continues to use Blink as well working with the engine to bring back the features instead of dropping them completely It s focus is on power-users with customization at its core as well as usability tweaks such as easy access buttons to common features bookmarks with user descriptions and even saving comments for specific web pages Firefox after all these years still makes use of Gecko the engine originally developed by Netscape Obviously it s been updated a fair bit over the years but it remains the core of Mozilla s software including Seamonkey and Thunderbird Windows Performance Monitor Tracks Resource Utilization During SunSpider Test On Opera How We Tested And Our Test Platform Our test machine is a modern generation Intel NUC i RYK which houses a Broadwell based i - U CPU with an HD IGP GB of DDR L- RAM and a GB M SATA SSD all running the latest M... Read more

A:Web Browser Performance Comparison [October 2015]

I use SlimJet and CyberFox, it is a it strange because IE11 seems to have a bit of lag on my machines.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/web-browser-performance-comparison-october-2015.52014/
Relevancy 62.35%

Yesterday while browsing a popular imageboard's technology true Intel comparison alongside performance AMD hiding forums I came across an interesting link to a youtube video related to AMD FX- Vishera chip the main topic of the video was a bit surprising among the lines of a single FX- chip beating the crap out of intel workhorses including the infamous i - k which Intel hiding true performance comparison alongside AMD is highly recommendable as a gaming platform Well according to the information provided in a series of benchmarks it seems that AMD has beaten most intel chips but why have all reviews and benchmarks from popular tech site shown much more different reviews in which intel completely destroy the The same can be said about AMD's a - k It has been trashed over and over but from my personal tests it stands pretty high almost to the level of the k Nothing like the benchmarks shown in popular sites So what is happening really I'm not in favor of any of the companies I will purchase what I require for my needs and do not tilt the balance in favor of either Intel or AMD however this situation seems a little fishy to me Could it be an extreme intel marketing ''tactic'' Is intel buying off most benchmarking sites in favor of them What is your opinion Please refrain from fanboy-ish comments The point of this topic is to discuss performance advertised by both companies and real performance perceived by you It would be highly appreciated if people who have experienced the k and k would comment and people who have NOT used these chips to refrain from fanatic comments to avoid a heated discussion

A:Intel hiding true performance comparison alongside AMD

The 8 cores of the FX-8350 can beat lesser core CPUs when the application that is used takes advantage of the extra cores. Games do not. The higher brute force the intel processors provide over core count is much better for games.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/273370-intel-hiding-true-performance-comparison-alongside-amd.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Help! Each time hit " " key Redirect.ocx pops up. Launches aol.com and itunes. Using " "indo" "s Vista. HP Pavillion Media Center M8100N

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/redirect-ocx-hen-type-key-cant-type-or-launches.884051/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi
Please advice on the performance comparison between
- Windows 7 Home Basic versus
- Windows 7 Home Premium
assuming if both uses the same 8GB RAM.

Just a hearsay...that Windows 7 Home Basic is lagging behind Windows 7 Home Premium in terms of performance assuming if both uses the same 8GB RAM. Please confirm whether this is true or not.

By the way, how to activate the Windows Aero in Windows 7 Basic???

A:Performance comparison btw. Windows 7 Home Basic versus Home Premium

Hello cheesum and welcome to Seven Forums.

Last question first. This tutorial may help enable Aero. Please note that there is no way to enable transparency on Windows Home Basic.

Aero - Enable in Unsupported Editions of Windows 7

As far as performance, I have not been able to find any specific "speed" tests to say one way or the other.

Difference Between Windows 7 Home Basic and Home Premium | Difference Between | Windows 7 Home Basic vs Home Premium

But if Basic and Home Premium are run on two identical machines (not just identical RAM, but also identical hard drive/hard drive speed, identical CPU, identical programs and apps installed, etc) I would give a very slight performance advantage to Basic simply because it doesn't have the same amount of features that Home Premium has. Fewer features to load usually equals faster performance. But I think any performance advantage would be so slight it wouldn't make any appreciable difference.

I did find some comments comparing Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional.

performance difference 7 home premium vs. 7 professional? - Microsoft Community

Of course, others may completely disagree with my thoughts and that's cool. Healthy discussion and debate is welcomed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/270739-performance-comparison-btw-windows-7-home-basic-versus-home-premium.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I Cannot type am having problems Randomly the text cursor starts moving left I try to go right but it won't It causes whatever I type in to be basically typed backwards It doesn't seem to be a problem with one program in Cannot type general It happens to every program It seems like the keyboard thinks that the left arrow button is being held down I go into play a video game like World of Warcraft and it just starts spinning my character around in a circle I am currently solving my problem by restarting my computer and it works again for a short time Eventually it will start to do it again I'm not sure what is wrong It could be that my keyboard has a short in it or that some driver on my system is broken Could it also be a virus or adware What should I do to fix my problem Do I need to give the specs of my system on here Please help

A:Cannot type

The first, and easiest, step I would take in your situation would be to substitute another keyboard to see if the problem disappears.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-type-121797.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Okay I ve been at this off and on for a wile now and I m hoping now i will get the help I ve needed since my connection all of a sudden went to nat type on my ps Here it goes I have a Zyxel EQ R dsl box connected to a WRT G wireless router and I ve tried updating the wrt g s firmware but i dont know if it worked It said it was rebooting then it said it took to long to respond then it just went back to the screen before i started the update I ve tried port forwarding but that dosent seem to help and but if some one could tell me exactly how to enter the ports to forward that might help I know that i have to forward the ports to both my router and dsl box Sometimes i also get this message that says port overlap and then i just give up for a week my dsl box has a option to open all ports i want to know if this actually works for port forwarding I ve tried DMZ as well Thats how i got it in nat type in the first place I still have the dmz setting on my wireless router in the exact place it was when i had nat i know that if i have port forwarding AND dmz it tends to confuse the router and ive tryed both seperatly but none of it works btw is my ps s static ip adress is this a good choice for a static ip this is my routers ip adress settings I ve also tryed just turning both firewalls off completly but that didnt work Are there any configurations of my firewalls that might interfere with my nat type Heres my Linksys nat help PS3 type WRT G router firewall settings and heres my Zyxel dsl box firewall settings and id like to know if that asymmetrical rout is just another word for dmz thats what ive figured but yet after all this im still PS3 nat type help nat type another reason for this could be that i formatted my ps shortly before i lost my nat connection but i doubt that would have anything to do with the resulting connection another reason is that i downgraded to the medium dsl speed offered by embarq my isp but that shouldnt do anything right also i would like to know if bridging my dsl box would do anything or if putting my wireless router in routing mode or if any combination of the would help or hurt my PS3 nat type help connection Any REAL help would be appreciated thank you nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%
Relevancy 55.9%

I am building a PC and i found out about SSD drives. I have never heard of them before. Anyways I wanted to get one but I'm not sure how many GB do you need. I was thinking of using it for the operating system so it starts up faster and then use my 1TB HDD for all other files. can you do that?

A:What type of SSD do you need?

Three issues: Cost, size, and speed.
And their long-term reliability is still in question.
Plenty of 60 GB and 80 GB SSD drives available for under $100 now... but above that, you can easily pay $235 to $285 for one that is fast and rugged.
There are price drops nearly every week... while 12 different manufacturers know this is the cash cow. They are all rushing to beat their competition.
After Christmas, there will be 350 GB to 500 GB drives at a reasonable price... Then if they work well, two years from now, you probably will not find many regular hard drives still on the market.
We just received our first SSD drives on the first of July... and so far they are impressive... Quiet, relatively fast, but not nearly as fast as a Good Western Digital, Samsung, Seagate, Fujitsu, or Seagate hard drive... But they are now up to $350 for 250 GB.
Now if we only knew something about their long-term reliability... everybody speculates they will be good for five years... We will need to be convinced.
In the meantime there is nothing wrong with using a Western Digital, Seagate, Fujitsu, Toshiba, or Samsung drive that is 500 GB for $55... or a 750 GB for $80. Just avoid the unreliable TriGem, Hitachi, Maxtor, There are still plenty of problems with the 1TB 1.5TB, and 2 TB hard drives.. mostly with speed and early failures..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-type-of-ssd-do-you-need.150807/
Relevancy 55.9%

What type of ram do V2000 presario laptops take?
(such as the amount of pins, max speed, and if it is DDR/2)

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I m new the forums and I hope I can get some help I notice plenty of people with this same problem so I hope that someone has had Type help PS3.......Need 3/2 NAT a similar problem w a solution I have a PS that has UPnP available and Nat Type I manually set the static IP address as Okay for the Linksys Router WRT G wireless router I DMZ d the router for IP add Enabled UPnP NAT Type 3/2 PS3.......Need help Lastly my Zytel -Embarq DSl Mdem Router I accessed the router and enabled all UPnP settings Next I went into the firewall settings and disabled the firewall settings Next I went the NAT settings and SUA Only was checked and for the all ports to all ports forwards I listed the IP add my PS Tested connection and still nat type I have in the past obtained NAT type with those similar settings I m not sure if Im missing NAT Type 3/2 PS3.......Need help something or what I had a friend on the PS forums that went through a similar exp and I helped him get NAT type Then when mine went back to I emailed him and he said his went back to It s pretty frustrating I have not noticed much interruption with online play but I want to get the new Sony Bluetooth and get online and chat Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nat-type-3-2-ps3-need-help.775022/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,Last week I used to type on my laptope's kyeboard. But this week the keyboard stops typing. I don't know what was happeing to the keyboard. I need help as soon as posible becasue I have a lot of projects to do. My laptope model is Pavilion x360.Please

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-can-t-type-any-more/td-p/5631079
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi. My parents have a computer which only has 128mb RAM and they want to upgrade it. I need to know what type of RAM I need to buy for the computer. Is there any programs that can tell me? Thanks!

Relevancy 55.9%

i used windows 7 Ultimate "upgrade" to upgrade my Vista Business... i had media but no COA

Now i must buy one on ebay... will any 7 Ultimate COA work? Or, do i need one specifically for an Ultimate "Upgrade" version?

Thanks, Geeze

A:what type COA do i need?

Caution: There are a lot of KEY Codes sold on eBay that end up going NOT GENUINE!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/298956-what-type-coa-do-i-need.html
Relevancy 55.9%

...web pages in all sorts of Asian languages are opening up in the background. Have run all sorts of programs - Spybot, AdAware, pand online antivirus etc... They all say they've found dodgy files, and supposedly deleted them... but everytime I reboot, we're back to square one! Where do I start???

Thanks...

Philo

Relevancy 55.9%

I can type in everthing except Email messages. Even the blinking curser thing is absent.As well no messages display in preview.Not even forwards display . Please tell me you can fix this.

A:Cant Type

Are you using the web-based email like Hotmail or computer-based like Outlook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-type.692797/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I have 2 pc's, and I recently bought some RAM for them.

One is new and the other is about 3 years old.

The RAM I bought will only fit into the new machine.

The RAM that fits into the new machine is DDR 512mb pc2700.

Can anyone tell me what different types of RAM there are, how to tell the differrence, and what type is most likely to fit into an older machine.

And can you explain how I can make sure it is the correct type as the place I am buying it from will not take returns on RAM.

Thanks.

Relevancy 55.9%

I tried the crucial scaner but it could;nt find the ram i needed i got onto Asus helpline but they were useless the reply i got was Thank you for contacting ASUS. Please be advised that the EeePC 1018P has by default 1GB, 1 x SO-DIMM; Max. 2GB. Please also have a look at the next weblink;
http://www.crucial.com/eu/store/listparts.aspx?model=Eee%20PC%201018P%20(DDR2%20Series)&Cat=RAM
Could anyone please tell me what type of ram the ASUS pc 1018p(DDR2 seires)system 2 gb 200pin ddr sodimm pc2-6400 CL6 takes i want to put in two GB thanks

A:What type of ram

Hello! See if this helps?
http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/ASUS-memory/ASUS+Netbooks/Eee+PC+1018P+%28DDR2+Series%29-upgrades.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533491/what-type-of-ram/
Relevancy 55.9%
Q: No Type

I am new to windows 7 and have somehow pressed something that has not allowed me to type print when I want to reply to a message. I can type when I initiate a new message. What should I do?

Relevancy 55.9%

This is a super old PSU from my very first comp. I want to make a test PSU out of it because it is useless for anything else, but I don't know what type it is, so I can't search the net for the right instructions on how lol.

Attatched is a pic of the inside of it, and of its connectors, the connectors will probably be the best clue as to what type it is, can someone tell me? thanks! And if you can tell me how to make a test PSU out of it too, that's even better!

Relevancy 55.9%

friends,
thanks for reading
I am facing trouble typing on my keyboard.Alphabet 'E' fails to appear,instead it comes with alphabet 'O' repeated in a never ending manner.This doesnot happen frequently.I noticed,if i keep a blank document(say notepad)it automatically generates entries of alphabet 'O' and it keeps growing.
Tried changing the keyboard,it didnt help.
seeking help
mangal

Relevancy 55.9%

hi guys been spending the entire day trying to get rid of these darned spywares from my computer deleted kazaa haha i was using adaware to remove these spywares but somehow they just keep popping up again so i stumbled upon this forum and followed some of the steps u guys recommended and used HijackThis instead was hoping u guys could help me out with what to delete and stuff my log is as follows Logfile of but type need not what Help, sure help of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www searchgateway net search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srng net search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search shopnav com apps epa epa cid shnv amp s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www searchgateway net search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http rd yahoo com customize ymsgr defaults http my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http rd yahoo com customize ymsgr defaults sb http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search shopnav com apps epa Help, but not sure what type of help need epa cid shnv amp s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http rd yahoo com customize ymsgr defaults http my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http rd yahoo com customize ymsgr defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http srng net search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http rd yahoo com customize ymsgr defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS System blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c windows SYSTEM blank htm N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www worldusa com quot C Program Files Netscape Users default prefs js O - Hosts auto search msn com O - Hosts search netscape com O - Hosts ieautosearch O - BHO no name - - eb - d - d - c - C WINDOWS VX DLL O - BHO no name - EF - - - C - AA A DA - C WINDOWS System Gr dll O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - BHO no name - F- BE- D -AB - D B B EB - C Program Files Topicks Bin HtCheck dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - b d - - b - d - c ade ab b - C Program Files Srng SNHelper dll O - BHO Natural Language Navigation - E CAC-E A - -B EE- EDE FBF - C WINDOWS System BHO DLL O - BHO no name - C C F - E- DC - A D-F A E - C Program Files POP pop dll file missing O - BHO no name - A BA-EA F- B -AA - A ACD E - C Program Files MediaLoads Enhanced ME DLL O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - EBCDDA - A - D - A - CFB C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM NZDD DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - Toolbar Topicks Categories - E A E- - FBC- EE - B C ADA D - C Program Files Topicks Bin TpBar dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager SystemRoot system mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Lwinst Run Profiler C PROGRA Logitech WINGMA Lwinst exe -d -l quot C PROGRA Logitech WINGMA Lwpevntm exe quot... Read more

Relevancy 55.9%

I did a series of updates from the windows update site, letting them automatically screen and update. Now I can't type anything on an IE web page. I can't sign into games, can't get mail, can't even post in forums like this one I have to do it on a borrowed computer. I can type/click on the address bar and run any non-web based programs normally. Did my Java get hosed? Any suggestions would be most welcome, thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

So I have video files on my computer, that I want to burn onto a DVD. Do I buy DVD+R or DVD-R?

A:What type of DVD to get?

get DVD-R DVD+R is newer and not many players can play them or record them if you DVD+R make sure the dvd player and burner will accept that format

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-type-of-dvd-to-get.593463/
Relevancy 55.9%

When using internet explorer, I cannot sign into my mail client or any other program as I get garbled text.
The same goes for Microsoft Office 2003. Every Microsoft program on my computer has this problem.
Is it some sort of virus? I simply can't figure it out. As I use these programs in my business and now i'm stuck.
I have a PC running Windows 2000 Professional.
HELP!

Relevancy 55.9%

i have a dell optiplex gx620 mini tower

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx620/en/ug/A02/mtspecs0.htm#wp1133451

my maximum is 4 gb of ram (3 gb if you have windows xp which i do) i have 2 gb already
so my computer can take any ddr2 533 ram?

my 2 gb's that i currently have are ddr2 pc2-4300

could i get pc2-4200?

cuss i just looked on newegg and all the pc2-4300's i looked at had a small list of computers that it supported and my comp wasn't on that list

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone! I'd like to be able to surprise DH with some RAM for his computer for Father's Day...my only dilemma is that I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. Would anyone happen to know?

His computer is a Dell Dimension XPS-D266, 266 mhz - Pentium II. Any idea what type of RAM I would need for this? He currently has 64 mb, but is whining about it not being enough. I was thinking of ordering from Crucial.com since I've had good luck with them in the past.

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a DELL 450MHz PIII PC with 128meg of SD-RAM. I am going to a computer show this weekend and was thinking about putting some more memory in... but not sure if all memory is the same.

I know my serial bus (or something to that effect) is 100.

Will any kind of RAM do? I know this computer is very upgradable and was wondering what type of RAM to ask for.

Thank you

DAVID

A:What type of RAM do I need???

Standard pc100 dimms should work fine. that's the easiest way to put it. go here http://www.crucial.com/ enter dell, then you machine type. It will tell you exactly what memory your computer uses.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-type-of-ram-do-i-need.34987/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to upgrade my laptops graphics card, currently an ATI Mobile Radeon (i think) and I am trying to use the ATI upgrade advisor. Its asking be for the BUS type my computer is configured to, PCI, AGP or PCIe. I have no idea how to find out what bus type I have. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi i need to upgrade my RAM from but i dont know what type i need I saw another simllar post and copied the system details from using Everast Home edition so see bellow -------- EVEREST Home Edition c - Lavalys Inc ------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Report Wizard Computer HP COMPUTER Home Generator Adam Operating System Microsoft What More - Need RAM type? Windows XP Home Edition WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Motherboard ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Motherboard Need More RAM - What type? Properties Motherboard ID -SiS- - A I E CC- Motherboard Name Unknown Front Side Bus Properties Bus Type Intel NetBurst Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz QDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Memory Bus Properties Bus Type DDR SDRAM Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz DDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Chipset Bus Properties Bus Type SiS MuTIOL Bus Width -bit -------- Debug - PCI ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- B D F SiS FX GX Chipset - Host-PCI Bridge Offset Offset E Offset B Offset C Offset Offset FF C A B C D Offset B C C A E E A Offset Offset B C Offset B Offset A A FF C Offset B C C C B Offset C B E F Offset D E F Offset E Offset F AA AA B D F SiS AGP Controller Offset Offset C C Offset EC EC E F E Offset E Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D FF FF AA Offset E A E Offset F nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I started getting my laptop updated and ready to take with me to the hospital in a few days. Updates were done, malware and antivirus programs were renewed and run. I put on Avaste and Spybot. Plan to add Malwarebytes later.

It is running extremely slow but at least I could work on it. Suddenly, I could not type anywhere. I tried Google, Yuku, some of my business links. Cannot type anywhere. That kind of brought everything to a standstill so far as getting it ready for use.

It is Toshiba Laptop XP. Sure could use some advice.

Relevancy 55.9%

I updated my Asus laptop, but, now I can't type in anything, all it does is make a ding sound no matter what button I pressed. I rebooted my laptop and it seemed to be fixed but when I signed into my Microsoft account again the same problem happened any
ideas to help me?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fcf91e76-74aa-475e-a05b-dd6e204a785f/cant-type?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.9%

My PS3 has a NAT type of 3, which resrticts communication online. I have a Siemens Speedstream 6520 modem/router, and I've tried everything to get my PS3 to NAT 2. I've DMZed it and forwarded the ports, but no luck. Am I missing something?

A:NAT Type 3 on PS3

Hey

I'm on the Playstation 3 Network myself.... I have never had any problems with it as im always online half the time.

You could try out the Playstation 3 forum... some user's have the same problems.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=35652

Or you could watch this two part youtube tutorial on how to change from NAT 3 to NAT 2. The links are below.

Part One - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23gj1I7M3yk&feature=related

Part Two - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV_yiFf8nqM&feature=related

Goodluck in solving the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nat-type-3-on-ps3.723342/
Relevancy 55.9%

Today i buy new 2GB Transcend jetRam ram for my PC; now I already connected new "Transcend" 2GB DDR2 800MHz (DIMM) to my PC. And also I'm not remove my old 1GB Kingston DDR2 667MHz (DIMM) ram. Currently both Rams work properly. So are they give me trouble in future? I just install new Transcend Ram. I connected my new Transcend ram near the processor. So is it OK? or its better if i connect old ram near the processor?

Transcend Ram details (DDR2 Memory 240Pin Long-DIMM DDR2-800 )

P/N - JM800QLU-2G
MODULE STRUCTURE-256Mx64
DRAM STRUCTURE - 128Mx8

Kingston Ram details (KVR667D2N5/1G)
Kingston Technology Company - Kingston Memory Search - Search Results for: KVR667D2N5/1G

A:Is it ok if i use 2 type of Ram?

Quote: Originally Posted by killer bee

Today i buy new 2GB Transcend jetRam ram for my PC; now I already connected new "Transcend" 2GB DDR2 800MHz (DIMM) to my PC. And also I'm not remove my old 1GB Kingston DDR2 667MHz (DIMM) ram. Currently both Rams work properly. So are they give me trouble in future? I just install new Transcend Ram. I connected my new Transcend ram near the processor. So is it OK? or its better if i connect old ram near the processor?

Transcend Ram details (DDR2 Memory 240Pin Long-DIMM DDR2-800 )

P/N - JM800QLU-2G
MODULE STRUCTURE-256Mx64
DRAM STRUCTURE - 128Mx8

Kingston Ram details (KVR667D2N5/1G)
Kingston Technology Company - Kingston Memory Search - Search Results for: KVR667D2N5/1G

Both will run fine but at 667MHz

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/161666-ok-if-i-use-2-type-ram.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, My computer takes DDR RAM. I have a 256 MB Stick of RAM that I want to add, however I looked everywhere on it and I cant tell if it is DDR or not? How can you tell this difference?

Relevancy 55.9%

I want to buy an external hdd for an acer travelmate 5320 laptop as the hdd in the laptop is nackered. How do I know what type of external hdd to buy?

Cheers,

benbaun1

A:What type of HDD do I need to buy

if the external HDD is staying in one place then get this
Cavalry CAXM Series 1TB $94.99

but if your going to be traveling then this
LACIE Rugged XL 1TB $134.99

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-type-of-hdd-do-i-need-to-buy.142737/
Relevancy 55.9%

How do i change my NAT type on xbox 360 live? it says mine is "strict"

Relevancy 55.9%

480W psu
abit IC7, 800fsb
pentium 4 sck 478 prescott 3.0e/ 800/ 1mb
n vidia a310 / 256MB graphics
dvd rw, cd rw
2xhard drives.

this is my proposed system and i was wondering what ram i should be using, ie. DDR xxx / PC xxxx?
I am looking for around a gig.

thanks

A:What type of ram should i be using?

Which IC7 motherboard is it? IC7-G or IC7-MAX3?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-type-of-ram-should-i-be-using.60524/
Relevancy 55.9%

When a PDF is just a few pages long, I can easily convert each page into a JPG image and then pull it up as a full density water-mark in Word or Word Perfect and type anywhere I like. Any ideas on how to do this for longer documents? Thank you.

Relevancy 55.9%

i have dell vostro A860, i want to know what type of RAM it uses DDR1 or DD2..............
i bought the laptop in may 2009

A:RAM type

according to crucial.com, its ddr2 pc2 6400, can somebody else can verify this

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/126974-ram-type.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been thinking about upgrading my ram in my dell 9150, getting rid of the two 512 that are in and replacing with 1gb sticks.

I know i have the dell 0YC523 Motherboard with 945 chipset but i cannot seem to find anywhere how much this can handle and what model of ram it can take, this has confused me, i did take the ram out to see the model and it was pc2-4200 but i have downloaded cpu-z and this says it is pc2-4300.

The motherboard does has 4 slots so i am just wanting to know how much it can handle and what model it can take.

If anyone can help that would be great.

A:Ram type

According to dell it takes DDR2 either PC4200 or 4300 up to 4Gb.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-type.545490/
Relevancy 55.9%

My bosses computer crashed yesterday, so I provided him with one that curently wasn't in use. When I hooked it up his keyboard wasn't working (he has a dell computer and a wireless mouse and keyborad). So then we tried another wirless keyboard, and it still wouldn't work so then I got him a keyboard with a cord and it still doesn't work. The enter button the the keyboard is the only one that works ( on all three keyboards). How do I fix this?

Greenfish.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hey,

I was thinking of buying some new RAM for my PC and i'm not sure what type would work with my motherboard. (sdram, ddr, etc). any ideas on how I can check it without opening the case? Also, my pc has 4 ram slots, how can I tell what my max ram supported would be? thanks.

Rick

Relevancy 55.9%

I am tired of all the pop up ads I get. Is there a way for me to protect my computer from all of this. I am hoping to change my MAC address or ISP address without having to reinstall. I have a pop up killer, but when I am playing games (i.e the ones that take the whole screen) the ads will still either mess with my color or bring me out of the game so I have to toggle back into the game.

To tell the truth I am not sure really what I am looking for, but any help would be much appreiciated.
In just the last half hour the Pop-up killer has killed 35 ads. I am desperate!

PLEASE HELP!!

Relevancy 55.9%

I was thinking of a ram upgrade and came across that I don't know what type of ram I have now. So my question is how do I figure out what type of ram I have? for example ddr 2700 or 2900 or some other one?
Thank you for your time.

A:What type of ram? pls help

http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-type-of-ram-pls-help.174442/
Relevancy 55.9%

hi, thanks first.
I have an IE6, (the gov asked to use this version). when I visit a web, I can view everything, but not type my user/password. it seems not accept the cursor.
any idea?
thanks,

H.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cant-type-in-ie6-456874.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hey guys im in a bit of a bind.
my xbox is connected to the internet via t-mobile dongle and my laptop which is running windows 7.
i generally get a good connection when playing most games but since i brought halo 4 i have had a dodgy connection. halo tells me that my nat type is moderate but i have only found help for people who have proper broadband can someone help me enjoy gaming again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nat-type.1076962/
Relevancy 55.9%

With all the different types of RAM how do I know what type to use? Can you tell what type of RAM you have by looking at it?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, I am desperate. No matter what I do, I cannot get an open NAT type. I've spent over at least 10 hours trying to fix it, i've watched every video and every forum. I currently have a motorola netopia 3347-02 modem/router and a netgear Wnr2000v3. I tried dmz, port forwarding, and opening the nat from my netgear router but nothing happens. When i put my modem into system bridge my internet shuts off and when i pppoe with my router that internet shuts off too. I have heard something on double nat but am not too sure how to deal with that. I am just a man who wants to play Call of duty black ops 2 with an open nat type on ps3. Please help. Thanks.

Relevancy 55.9%

HelloI have hp pavilion sleekbook 15-b119wm und the key B is brokenWhen i try to buy one,they ask me a question:SELECT YOUR KEY TYPEand the options are:HC16HC46HC56What option must i select?Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Key-type/td-p/5741928
Relevancy 55.9%

I want to upgrade mt HP Pavillion 6635 computer from 128 to 256 MB RAM. The computer uses SDRAM. Will other types of RAM work?

A:What type of RAM to use?

Go here type in make and model. It will tell you all options for ram. Crucial ram is mostly what I use in my builds. Stay away from cheap no name brands. Poor quality ram causes many problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-type-of-ram-to-use.188955/
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm thinking of upgrading my RAM on my PC, but I have no experience with this. I was wondering, is there a specific type of RAM I'm supposed to get? Or will any kind do?

Now, I know how much I want, but I'm not sure as far as anything else goes. Any help would be much appreciated. I have a Dell Dimension 2400, by the way.

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a friend who, when it comes to computers has about as much knowledge as i do. He is trying to get a RAM upgrade, but he doesnt know what his currant RAM type is, weather it be DDR, SDRAM or RAMBUS. How can he find this out?

A:RAM Type?

download this freeware info tool it will tell him what the ram he is using now is.

http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-type.7139/
Relevancy 55.9%

I want to buy more RAM. When I started to look on line I found out that there are tons of different types of RAM.

My PC specs...
Dell Dimension 2350
Windows XP Home Edition
Pentium 4 @ 2.20GHz w/ 512K L2 Cache
128MB DDR SDRAM @ 266MHz

I have been told that 184-pin DIMM modules are compatible with my system. (??)

When I looked on line to find my type of RAM (some websites had a select type of PC to ensure correct RAM options) I saw too many options.....

For example ..
128 or 256 or 512 MB SDRAM ECC DIMM
128 or 256 or 512 MB SDRAM DIMM
128 or 256 or 512 MB SDRAM 10ns DIMM
128 or 256 or 512 MB SDRAM SO DIMM ( i feel so dimm!!!)

can anyone help?
I just want the right kind of ram for my PC.

Anyone know a good place to buy? I have looked at several sites and prices average $32=128mb $54=256mb $95=512mb
Thanks
-Cw

Relevancy 55.9%

HEY(=

I have a HP DVD Writer 300n and I dont know what DVD it can burn. Can I use +R/+RW or -R/-RW.?

THANK YOU!!

A:What Dvd Type`??

It appears you are only able to burn to +R and +RW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-dvd-type.12150/
Relevancy 55.9%

I had a redirect problem awhile back and used a program called combo fix and it solved the problem. I recently got infected with it again and used it, along with malwarebytes and scanning the system with AVG free antivirus. When I tried to type in the search bar, I couldn't type anything as well as the address bar or any text field.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-type.1042876/
Relevancy 55.9%

I feel really stupid asking this but here goes.

When i bought my computer it had 258 megs or ram. It had one possible slot for upgrading. We took an extra stick of 128 and stuck that in. Since then ive lost the box, and have no idea what kind it is(ex. DDR, SDRAM). Im wondering if theres any way for me to find out. I cant go back to the site i got it at to see the specs because they discontinued it there(bought in august). I really would like to upgrade to 512, but i need to know what kind it is and dont know how to tell. Is it something to do with the notches on the sticks?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hyehttp://forums.techguy.org/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=19#
Confused

Relevancy 55.9%

When i try to use the browser to type in a destination for my program, it opens in a new window.

It tells me it is because im going from one securityzone to another secutityzone. Is it possible to get the program to open in that window?

A:cant use IE to type in C:\

Hello and welcome to TSf

sorry I dont get what your asking for.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cant-use-ie-to-type-in-c-236281.html
Relevancy 55.9%

what are the best type of cds for making vcds
i bought theese ones that didnt even work
please help

A:best type of....

any decent cd-r should work....have you been to the link below and checked out how to make a vcd?

http://www.vcdhelp.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-type-of.112739/
Relevancy 55.9%

here is the type of I Type Of Pc Want The pc i want so i can play the best games out now and run VMware Workstation at gd speed and do video editing and converting CPU AMD ATHLON BIT X MB L Cache Memory MB DDR PC WITH LIFETIME WARRANTY Motherboard ASUS A N-SLI DELUXE DUAL DDR S-ATA x x VGA PCI The Type Of Pc I Want USB Options SIX USB PORTS REAR FRONT Hard Drive SATA GB HARD DISK rpm mb cache Hard Drive SATA GB HARD DISK rpm mb cache Raid NONE CD Writer Combi Drive X X CD WRITER X DVD ROM COMBI DRIVE DVD ROM NONE Dvd Writer x R DUAL LYR DVD WRITER x -R amp RW x CD-RW Graphics MB GEFORCE GTX PCI Express DVI TV-OUT SLI Graphics NONE Sound HIGH END ONBOARD CHANNEL SOUND RECOMMENDED Modem NONE I WILL BE USING BROADBAND Network Facilities x GIGABIT LAN PORTS ONBOARD Floppy Disk Drive MB FLOPPY DISK DRIVE Memory Card Reader NONE Case Black Neon Bubble case Neon Extreme Kit Power Supply amp Cooling W DUAL RAIL PSU mm fan amp dBA CPU Cooler - for SLI OS Required NONE Firewire x FIREWIRE PORT ONBOARD Monitor HIGH END TFT INCH SILVER BLACK MS DVI Keyboard Logitech Cordless Internet Pro Desktop Keyboard Mouse Black Mouse Black Logitech Premium Optical Mouse Speakers CREATIVE INSPIRE T SPEAKER SYSTEM Printer HP PSC PRINTER SCANNER COPIER Anti Virus NONE Office NONE TV Card DIGITAL TV CARD TV Radio Remote Pause Live TV

A:The Type Of Pc I Want

to BCThat sounds like a great system. Are you going to use XP or wait till Vista comes out?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34070/the-type-of-pc-i-want/
Relevancy 55.9%

hi,
i have Acer 1.5ghz 256ram 128vid WinXP notebook;
i want to add more ram;
how do i know which type of ram is compatible
and whats the difference?
thanks;

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I'm trying to firgure out what type of RAm is compatable with my Dell Dimension 8200 Series - (400 MHz Front Side Bus) as am looking to apgrade from 512 to 1024. (Stupid game can eat up to 600 by itself I've heard.) Anyway I looking up the suggested RAM on the dell website and they directed me to this:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...refurbished=&c=us&l=en&cs=19&iCompatid=121448

That's a bit to expencive for me so I am looking for a cheaper (but still good quality) atlernative. How wouild I figire out what other brands of RAm would work? (If they would work.) Thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

Not sure what type of USB this is

A:What type of USB is this?

I don't know the type name, but that's what you usually see on printers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-type-of-usb-is-this.1164794/
Relevancy 55.9%

Can anyone please help me open my nat type? it's currently Moderate and my UPnP is enabled.
Ps3 shows
NAT TYPE : 2
UpNp : available

Can someone please help me?

A:NAT Type Help

Do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Another mod already advised and warned you about that, and then gave you an infraction when you persisted. Now you've done it again. A small variation in the title does not count as a new topic.

You've had two replies in your active thread on this topic. Why do you ignore them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nat-type-help.980758/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Dell Dimension 8250
Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
2.39 GHz
256 RAM

Someone told me that I can go up to 1.5GHz. I was thinking of adding two 512 sticks.
Is this better than one 1GHz stick? Does it matter?
What specific brand should I use?

Relevancy 55.9%
Q: No Type

Ok using an asus laptop U57 and a lot of times when typing a document up or typing in a web address; my charactors don t appear as i type so what is that all about and more important how do i fix this ?

I tryed deleting then re installing the keypad from device manager and that did nothing.

Then after some googling i had a local pc repair shop re set my pc time server for they agreed and said makes sense but that didn t help; so i have no other ideas as to what i have missed?

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a problem with some websites I try to go to. For example, when I type in "myspace.com", it automatically goes to http://gloopy/, which obviously isn't a website. My site at myspace.com however happens to be myspace.com/gloopy. But how come it automatically goes to http://gloopy/ when I just type in "myspace.com"? This happens with a couple other websites as well. Is this some sort of shortcut that I can disable? Any help is appreciated.

A:I type this, but it goes to that...

sounds like you have been hijacked,follow greyknights instructions here
http://www.greyknight17.com/spyware.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/i-type-this-but-it-goes-to-that-72421.html