Windows Support Forum

Choose What closing the lid does?

Q: Choose What closing the lid does?

Normally, 99.999% of the time I just shut it down completely but I'd like to know what "sleep" means?
Does that mean if I do so, upon opening the lid it'll be where I left it at?
I notice in Control Panel>Power Options>System Settings whether its on battery or plugged in , it shows sleep.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Choose What closing the lid does?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Choose What closing the lid does?

I recommend sleeping the laptop if you are gonna use it after you close it within the next few hours. Otherwise shut it down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choose-what-closing-the-lid-does.196755/
Relevancy 63.21%

hello i have windows 7 stater and would like to choose what closing the lid dose to do nothing i go to power option but cant seem to change it dose stater not let me change this option if so is there a way to do it without having to upgrading

A:choose what closing the lid does

Hi quefol...I have a Samsung Netbook running Windows Starter and under Power Options > System Settings I am able to choose "Do nothing" for "When I close the lid"

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/143795-choose-what-closing-lid-does.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I'm having the issue noted above BSODs attribute the crash to either one of two files cdd dll most commonly and win k sys only once Screen turns jagged goes black and then BSOD but only when closing of Warcraft, World Chrome BSOD resizing/closing also when occasionally I've had this crashes happen to me only times in a whole week already World of BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome Warcraft crashes were all succesive BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome but after updating Catalyst drivers it never happened again PC was crash-free for or days thought it may have solved the issue and I could stop worrying about faulty hardware components but yesterday night closing Chrome it happened again I turned off Aero desktop after that just in case The problem is I can't find any Memory dump or minidump for those BSODs even though settings are on for that maybe MEMORY DMP is too large I have free Gb out of on my boot drive I changed it to minidumps just in case Oh also it was already set to overwrite so no idea what's going on Could not find them manually nor could SF Diagnostics tools which I just ran My rig is new only about months old and no hardware changes since The only components coming from my older PC are the boot HDD and graphics card The only thing that's happened is or power outages in December but BSODs started only last week If any hardware components are malfunctioning they are luckily under warranty but I need to determine if that's the case Only other strange thing is that when gathering my rig's data for this post Everest shows my Motherboard as quot Unknown quot I'll double check I installed all drivers Thanks in advance btw great tool that SF Diagnostics I'm no computer wizard but it's quite useful even for an amateur like me

A:BSOD when resizing/closing World of Warcraft, also when closing Chrome

Hi Haxiel.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320966-bsod-when-resizing-closing-world-warcraft-also-when-closing-chrome.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Since a few weeks ago after I installed Windows 7 x64 I keep on getting random BSOD but not frequently (number of 3). First one I really didnt paid attention how it happen but the second one was after exiting a game of Counter Strike Global Offensive and entering teamspeak to talk after a few seconds BSOD. The last one i got i searched on the web how to find the error and i manage to get the file and the error state.

The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff900c5844cf0, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff9600031c69d, 0x0000000000000000).

A:BSOD at random times when closing pc or closing browser/applications

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347362-bsod-random-times-when-closing-pc-closing-browser-applications.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Firefox Closing Ie7 Winfixer Ads And Non Startup Etc Stop Slow And Closing MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes F windows System Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc smss exeF windows system winlogon exeF windows system services exeF windows system lsass exeF windows system svchost exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeF windows Explorer EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeF windows Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc system spoolsv exeF Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exeF windows System svchost exeF Program Files Common Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEF windows system nvsvc exeF PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeF Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeF Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEF windows system ctfmon exeC MiRCfullPro mirc exeF Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeF Program Files iTunes iTunes exeF Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeF Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeF Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeF DOCUME Ahmed LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - f program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Startup Norton Disk Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NDD EXEO - Startup Shortcut to NMain lnk F Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared NMain exeO - Global Startup Norton GoBack lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exeO - Global Startup Norton System Doctor lnk F Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar para o Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - Trusted Zone http loginnet passport comO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - F windows system WPDShServiceObj dllO - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - F Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeO - Service Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - F Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeO - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - F Program Fil... Read more

A:Winfixer Ads Non Stop Ie7 Closing And Firefox Closing Slow Startup And Etc

well my problem started 2 nights ago when i was browsin the web then i gotten a popup from winantivirus PRO 2006 aking to install and stuff since then my internet explorer has had problems from closing BSOD's winlogon.exe crashing most stuff will not close such as ctfmon.exe in task man and IE7 closes everytime a popup happens abnd the same pop up comes up non stop closing IE7 fyi this is my dads pc and he will murder me i i dont get this fixed ive used 2 anti viruse scanners Kaspersky and norton both cant find the problem norton finds a downloader virus and a .cab file of the installer for winantivirus and .tmp files in the windows/temp folder
so please help me fix this
ty

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65736/winfixer-ads-non-stop-ie7-closing-and-firefox-closing-slow-startup-and-etc/
Relevancy 43%

Hello And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum My name is Elise and I ll be glad to help you with your computer problems I will be working on your malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine Please note that whatever repairs we make are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer The cleaning process is not instant Logs can take some time to research so please be patient with me I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible and I will work hard to help see that happen Please reply using the Add Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen Do not start a new topic The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post Unfortunately if I do not hear back Outlook browser, closing, IE Yahoo Slow and closing from you within days I will be forced to close your topic If you still need help after I have closed your topic send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing feel free to create a new one You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites Alternatively you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing this Topic where you can choose email notifications The topics you are tracking are shown here -----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having we would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine If you have not done so include a clear description of the problems you re having along with any steps you may have performed so far If you have already posted a log please do so again as your situation may have changed Use the Add Reply and add the new log to this thread We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine Please perform the following scan Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links Save it to your desktop DDS scrDDS pifDouble click on the DDS icon allow it to run A small box will open with an explaination about the tool No input is needed the scan is running Notepad will open with the results Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results Close the program window and delete the program from your desktop Please note You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run After downloading the tool disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection Run the scan enable your A V and reconnect to the internet Information on A V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log don t forget attach txt Thanks and again sorry for the delay

A:Slow browser, IE closing, Outlook and Yahoo closing

Hi Elise,
thank you. I ended up getting rid of PC Tools Internet Security and switching to AVG Basic Free. I think most of the major problems went away.
Yahoo has stayed up, Outlook has stayed up, browser seems to work quickly, facebook didn't have floating text and pictures anymore, was able to do some posting, sent some large emails. But, and not exactly sure, IE has frozen up, but not as often. The dds program you had me run this morning froze and I had to do a hard shut off, task mgr didn't respond and the weirdest thing of all, the clock stopped. Can't say I have ever seen that. So I am not sure what exactly is going on, if it really is malware or some setting is messed up. I wasn't able to run video on a site last night. Major improvement since I got rid of PC tools, but not quite right. Sorry, nontechie.

DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17514 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26
Run by Jean at 11:53:53 on 2011-06-23
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3062.2037 [GMT -6:00]
AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {5A2746B1-DEE9-F85A-FBCD-ADB11639C5F0}
SP: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011 *Disabled/Updated* {E146A755-F8D3-F7D4-C17D-96C36DBE8F4D}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchsvx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgrsx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kodak\AiO\Center\ekdiscovery.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.3.21.57\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\QPCapSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\Syn... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403841/slow-browser-ie-closing-outlook-and-yahoo-closing/
Relevancy 42.14%

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

A:BSOD while closing the PC or closing some games, CDD.dll error

Quote: Originally Posted by leinchetzu

I need some help , sometimes when i try close the PC my screen gets error and it doesn't shut down, and when i start or close some games it gets me the BSOD error saying that there is a problem with cdd.dll Adress 972CB768 base at 872C0000 date stamp 4a5bd922

Obvious to anyone. You have three malware apps running live at the same time. You have Avast, Kaspersky, and AVG.

You need to remove them all and install Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

If you continue to crash even after removing them upload the DMP file as you have old drivers that need updating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200675-bsod-while-closing-pc-closing-some-games-cdd-dll-error.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am using Windows XP Professional Version 2002. When I close an open document in Word, it closes the whole program. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thank you.

Relevancy 42.14%

About weeks ago it was apparent that laptop was infected with antispyware XP My husband tried to solve it himself without waiting for me I m the problem solver in the house Anyway he purchased Shield Dekuxe which didn t seem to work He downloaded the trial version of StopZilla which found bad things and quarentined them Things were working fine Today things are not working again I can open IE and it will bring up virus, search IE closing, window closing Possible the home page google com but anything typed Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing in the search box or clicked on from the drop down list of frequently visited sites just closes IE I also cannot search The window will open but clicking on anything files folders documents etc immediately closes the window I also cannot find Windows Explorer Shield Deluxe is currently installed StopZilla is uninstalled We have Zone Alarm installed possibly I was doing online chat with Shield Deluxe to get it to work the internet aspect and they said to uninstall ZA as it would interfere with SD I removed ZA using add remove programs from the control panel yet when I restarted the computer ZA started up It is no longer listed in the add remove programs list However viewing All Programs from the start menu shows a folder for Zone Labs Since I can t find Windows Explorer and I can t search I can t find the folder to delete its contents Laptop is a Compaq Presario running Windows XP and currently cannot use the internet due to the above problem I am using laptop for the internet connection to solve these problems Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

A:Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing

Here is my Hijack This log from yesterday:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:53:11 PM, on 11/15/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
F:\Anti Virus\HJTInstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = ;127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - rsion - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AllDial High Speed - {8B79EE88-E62D-4AA8-B530-CC357BA112B7} - C:\Program Files\AllDial High Speed\Toolband.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [brastk] C:\WINDOWS\system32\brastk.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\prog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-virus-ie-closing-search-window-closing.769451/
Relevancy 33.97%

hello in a few months i am going to bild a rig so far these which choose? to HD are the choices -ThermalTake Highest Xaser III Super Tower Case -MSI P NEO-FISR chipset mobo which HD to choose? for P socket which HD to choose? -intel P C MHz FSB chache HT CPU chip -Corsair XMS Xtra-Low Latency - - - GB X DDR -Lite-On xDVD -RW drive -Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Zs GAMER edition i just wanted to know which HD is better between these two http www newegg com app ViewProductDesc asp description - - amp depa http www newegg com app viewProductDesc asp depa amp description - - either which HD to choose? way i wish to buy two and put them in a raid array suggestions are helpfull ALSO what PSU should i get id like for it to be sleek have high voltage and be reliable as for i will either be using a radeon pro on it or a xt i think that just might cover eveything exept mayb the heatsink any suggestions thx for ne help nbsp

A:which HD to choose?

The Seagate is bigger, faster and has 5 years of warranty - there is no question which one to buy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-hd-to-choose.15022/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there i can't decide over:

------Intel i3 540
------AMD Phenom II x4 945

I will use my pc for photo editing while surfing the net, office apps,watching HD videos and sometimes but not that often play games like Mass effect 2, Monday night madness, and Need for speed Hot Pursuit.

I will also Purchase:
-MOBO
For the AMD: ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AMD 870 / SB850 DDR3
For the Intel: GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H HDMI/GLAN /DDR3
-2 GB Geil DDR3 1333mHz
-ATI HD 5570 1gb Graphics card
-600w PSU

I plan to stick with the processor's stock fan if its good.

Can anyone help me decide between the 2 processors and suggest anything that might be better at the same budget. Can you please comment on their stock fans and the motherboards too.

Thank you so much for the help..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-cpu-should-i-choose.979843/
Relevancy 33.97%

Well, my dad is pretty experienced in building computers, but he's having trouble helping me pick which type of RAM to purchase. We're building my own computer, and we've got everything but the RAM ordered. We know that the motherboard requires DDR3 memory, and not DDR2, but we don't know how many MHz the RAM should be. For those who would like to know the type of CPU, it is a Phenom II x4 945 (4 x 3.0GHz - 8MB Cashe - 4000 FSB), along with a Gigabyte M68MT-D3 motherboard. I'm looking at RAM, but it comes in MHz amounts of 1066, 1333, 1600, 1800, and 2000. If it matters, I intend on getting two sticks for 2GB each, totalling 4GB. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

A:Which RAM to choose?

go to www.crucial.com and plug in the motherboard model number it will tell you what you can use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-ram-to-choose.973906/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello all I m planning on buying a new low mid priced laptop and I m stuck between two laptops was hoping tomshardware can point me in the right direction Ill be using the laptop for light Photoshop Illustrator Dreamweaver work and light gaming Was hoping to be able to play COD Black ops on low settings but thats a bonus I do have a powerful choose???? to Which help! Please desktop but i still need a laptop because I m moving around alot Here they are Acer Aspire Intel Core amp i - M processor GHz MB L cache GB RAM Graphics UMA GB HDD Rpm Screen quot HD Acer CineCrystal amp LED LCD Optical Drive DVD-Super Multi DL drive Around NEW Sony VAIO Intel Core i - M Processor GHz MB L cache GB RAM DDR SDRAM GB HDD Rpm ATI Mobility Radeon HD Graphics Screen VAIO Around - USED good condition so shouldn t be an issue Now i understand the acer will not be able to play black ops with that intergrated gfx Is the Sony worth the extra If you have any recommendations for other laptops please let me know thought I m looking to keep it below Thanks nbsp

A:Please help! Which to choose????

not a lot of difference between CPUs on this site
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

do you know if the sony has 32 or 64 bit software loaded - if 32bit then you will only see about 3.2gb of memory anyway

theres a couple of I5s at Staples for over the 500 - keep an eye open at your local store - I have seen these type of machines drop by 150 over a few weeks and often as they get low on stock and if the availability from the central stores is NONE - they start to put these onto a discount and manager special
HP Pavillion DV6-3140SA Laptop
http://www.staples.co.uk/technology...----includes-free-mcafee-internet-security-so

HP Pavillion DM4-1150EA Laptop has dedicated graphics as well
http://www.staples.co.uk/technology...ics-sata-optical-drive-windows-7-home-premium

i have had about 4 laptops out of staples on very good deals over the last few years

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-which-to-choose.973367/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all! I haven't picked out all of my components yet but is there any calculator online or easy way to calculate what kind of psu i need?

A:PSU to choose

Go to this site and click on the Lite Version at the top of the Lite column -

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator v2.5

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/196782-psu-choose.html
Relevancy 33.97%

What should i get for my computer..

a new processor, motherboard, ram Or a new graphics card, and Lcd

Right now i have a:
((1))opteron 165 2.6ghz, DFI ultra-d modded to sli-d, and 512x2gb of corsair XMS.
If i am going to replace Proc,mobo,ram i would replace it with a, e6600, evga 680i, 2x1gb ram.

((2))For Graphics card & Lcd i have a x800GTO right now with a 19" widescreen.
If I am going to upgrade that it would be a 8800GTS 320mb with a 22" widescreen LCD and ofcourse I would probably need a new psu.

I mostly play games and use it for converting/watching movies.

So would choice number ((1)) be good choice or number ((2)).

THanks.

A:Help me choose!

Now, I haven't upgraded much the past year sadly, due to budget restraints , so this is just my opinion.

First note, I see your psu is 450 wat? If that is the case you may want to upgrade your power supply before getting a new card, although your psu might do find, I'm really not sure about that. Just be aware that the 8800gts consumes a massive amount of power.

http://www.techreport.com/reviews/2007q1/geforce-8800gts-320mb/index.x?pg=9

Next, I would say that the video card and monitor would, of course, instantly increase your visuals and gaming performance (no duh ;however, I would suggest getting the motherboard, RAM and maybe even a new Cpu beforehand. The video card and Screen will only go down in price, but the RAM and Mobo may not change very dramatically any time soon.

Again, that is just my opinion, so don't fly on it, peace out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-choose.72569/
Relevancy 33.97%

KB917607 :I cannot open Help files that require the Windows Help (WinHlp32.exe) program

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - WinHlp32.exe for Windows 7

Files in this download - The links in this section correspond to files available for this download. Download the files appropriate for you. (my computer is 64-bit)

Windows6.1-KB917607-x64.msu 702 KB Download
Windows6.1-KB917607-x86.msu 688 KB Download

A:Choose x64 (yes?) or x86

For your 64 bit Windows 7 download this one.
Windows6.1-KB917607-x64.msu 702 KB Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/174092-choose-x64-yes-x86.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Ive been trying to buy a new video card on e-bay,but I have no idea which one to choose.The game I bought CALL OF DUTY won't work,it says things like can't open GL,etc.I know I need a new 3d video card,but ive been told my PC will only handle certain ones.They have quite a few on e-bay,so that's were i'll be getting it.Thanks for any and all help.

A:Don't know which to choose

In your public profile you stated that you own a sony vaio-pcv-rx470ds computer system. When you look for a new videocard, make sure you buy one which can be placed in your 4xAGP videocard slot (which is, I believe, the maximum AGP speed of your system). It should be stated in the ad what bus speed that videocard is for (4xAGP, 8xAGP, PCI-e 16x). Make sure you don't get an 8xAGP or a PCI-e videocard because your motherboard won't be able to run the card. It's possible a videocard states it's for 4xAGP/8xAGP, which just means it will run on both speeds... So getting one of those will be fine. Don't get a PCI-e videocard for your system is not equiped to use it. (AGP is PCI-e's predecessor)

Maybe a good card for you would be an ATI Radeon x1600pro (4xAGP, 512MB). It should be a fairly cheap videocard, but still should have enough punch to help you out. Also, make sure you do have enough juice in your Power Supply Unit in your puter to be able to handle the extra demanding hardware (more powerful hardware require more Watts). Around 400W should be sufficient.

I hope this info helps a bit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dont-know-which-to-choose.567929/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi guys

I'm going to buy a new PSU for my PC because i bought a ATI HD 4850:

1. Cooler Master 460W Extreme Power Plus
2. Hipro by Chicony Power 480W Real Power (the heaviest one) heavier than Cooler Master for 400 Grams
3. Glacial Tech 550W Real Power

THANKS FORWARD

Relevancy 33.97%

hi all, i was wondering if you could help me out with something. as a student, i'm gonna buy a laptop, but i need a little help deciding between a couple of things..
i'm looking at an acer with a pentium M, (2Mb Cache, 1Gb RAM) 128MB graphics, 3 USB2's and a pitiful 2hours battery life, or
an acer with a Centrino Duo processor T2300, (2Mb cache, 1Gb RAM) 224MB Intel945GM graphics, 4 USB2's and a marginally more respectable 3 hours battery life
i havent listed all the spec because the rest is the same between the two but the one with the centrino Duo is 100 ($190) more expensive. maybe its a dumb question, but which would you go for, because i dont know much about processors. and is there anything i should know about any processor which is particularly good/bad/problematic?
Thanks for your help!
joe

A:What to choose?

The Duo CPU is faster and consumes less power (as you can see from the battery life).

Whether that extra speed and more battery life is worth your money is up to you really.. If affordable, I would go for the newer (Core Duo) model - a newer design is hopefully better and more USB ports and battery life is always good

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-to-choose.55982/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have the following and I have a new Nvidia GTX 560 1GB 256 bit video card. My current stuff is as follows:

3.4 Ghz AMD Phenom II 965 "Black edition" CPU
G-Skill 4G 240 pin DDR3 SDram DDR3 1600 memory
MSI 790FX-GD70 Mother board.

I want a new Motherboard that will work with my CPU and Memory and with my new Geforce GTX 560 1Gb 256 bit Video Card.
What kind of mother board would you guys suggest? Please keep in mind that I will want to do SLI with the motherboard.

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,

I am considering Intel 335 Series 80GB SSD or Intel 520 Series 60GB SSD to buy.
I am using it as a boot drive and would like to make some parts of it as cache for my 500GB hard drive. Which one do you all suggest? =]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-ssd-to-choose.1102127/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am thinking about upgrading my motherboard/processer. I currently have a FIC AD11 motherboard and 1200 MHZ Athlon Thunderbird with 384 MB of DDR 2100 RAM. What would be a good motherboard/CPU upgrade (I would like to stay with AMD and if possible get a board that can use my current RAM now but be able to upgrade RAM later).

A:Please help me choose....

I f I were upgrading I would definitely go with a NForce 2 chipset based board they are fast and by most accounts much more stable than Via chipsets the asus A7N8X look very nice.

CPU's depends on how much money your willing ot spend. right now I personally wouldnt go beyond the AMD 2400 its almost 200.00 if cost is an issue I would go with the AMD 2100.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-me-choose.3599/
Relevancy 33.97%

i am thinking of buying a new laptop with around 700 euros and i have concluded in two options...a lenovo with 17.3'' 1600x900 nvidia gt635m and intel i3-3120m 4gb ram and 1tb hdd and the other option is an asus a56cb with 15.6'' 1366x768 nvidia gt740m and intel i5-3317u 4gb ram and 500gb hdd...i am in dilemma and i would like your help please!!!!i am also interested to play many games such as football manager, fifa, need for speed and some strategy ones!!!

A:which one to choose

Do you need 17" screen, or 13.6" is enough?
RAM and storage usually are easily upgradable and not that expensive. So can probably decide first on cpu, gou (for the games you would want better ones) and screen size, then go from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-one-to-choose.1104575/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have been offered to buy one of two TFT monitors from work, but I can't make up my mind which one I should choose. They are brand new and comes with a 3 year warranty. I mainly play games and use photoshop. Occasionally I also watch movies and do some word processing. Here are the two screens:

21" TFT HP f2105 (1680x1050 @ 60Hz, contrast 1000:1, responsetime 8ms, 2xUSB 2.0 hub, HDTV-prepared, Picture in Picture, built in speakers)
Specs here: 21" TFT HP

24" TFT HP L2465 (1920x1200 @60Hz, contrast 1000:1, responsetime 8ms, 4xUSB 2.0 hub, pivot function)
Specs here: 24" TFT HP

So which one is the one to get and why?

A:Help me choose.

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

DrZeto said:

24" TFT HP L2465 (1920x1200 @60Hz, contrast 1000:1, responsetime 8ms, 4xUSB 2.0 hub, pivot function)
Specs here: 24" TFT HP
So which one is the one to get and why?Click to expand...

Input Signal Two DVI-I (VGA analog and digital) inputs
Input Impedance 75 ohms 10%
Sync Input Separate sync (HSYNC/VSYNC); composite sync, Sync on Green
Video Cable VGA to DVI-I; DVI-D to DVI-D

But really it comes down to price....Bigger is.............................well biGGER!
:bounce:

I have a ViewSonic vp201m 21", similar to one listed above, and love it!
The 24" would have a cleaner 16:1 and is, well BIGGER

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-choose.47566/
Relevancy 33.97%

hi people,

i have some question which i seek answers. I currently have 40gb Seagate Barracuda hd. i have Athlon xp 2100+ on MSI KM4AM mobo with 786 mb of ram.... i m going to expand the capacity to 120 gb... wht i wanna know is:

should i sell my current hd and buy a new 120 gb hd or can i stick with my current hd n get another 80 gb...i m gonna buy sata so also i wanna know if sata n my baracuda can be run together or not... (i m confused bout should i buy seagate sata 80/120 gb or western digital 80/120 gb with 8 mb cache as both have 7200 rpm, which is better in terms of performance..

Can a normal barracuda n a sata whn run together cause any problem in terms of performance.. :dead:

A:need help to choose hd

Check you mobo manual if you can run SATA as non-Raid.
On that old(er) mobo, it's better anyway to buy an additional 80 or 120GB IDE harddisk and keep your old one.
Seagate Barracuda would be perfect. It's more important to have a low access-time than a big HD-cache.
With such a low-performance CPU you wouldn't notice the difference between SATA and IDE.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-choose-hd.48158/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm interested in these 2 laptops but I'm not sure which one is better for gaming.
I'm a bit worried about the i5 core of msi gt683dx. Will it affect gaming at all?

(Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y570-59324796)
Intel Core i7-2670QM (2.20 GHz, 6 MB L3 Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)
Mobile Intel HM65 Express Chipset
nVidia GeForce GT 555M (2GB GDDR5)
15.6 inch WXGA (1366x768) LED AntiGlare

or

(MSI-GT683DX)
Intel Core i5-2450M (2.50 GHz, 3 MB L3 Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)
Mobile Intel PM67 Express Chipset
nVidia GeForce GTX 570M (1.5 GB GDDR5)
15.6 inch WUXGA (1920x1080) LED Full HD

A:Please help me choose

The 570M is the better gaming graphics card, see here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html and here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-choose.1049809/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi asked this question before a couple years ago and I'm back again because it worked out well I am hoping for a you $300 around me pc Will choose help some good ideas and if anyone happens to know of any deals that would be great to haha on the market for a replacement pc for a family member They do not Will you help me choose a pc around $300 game they only browse the net and watch Hulu Netflix flash content etc They only request the screen size not be smaller than inches Budget around with tax and shipping with some wiggle room It can be a notebook or a desktop but monitor must be included Would consider building the PC if that is the only way to go I am currently taking a look at Lenovo's refurbished line as well as their scratch and dent line but im not that impressed and figured i would have found better deals question Do you think a Core Duo is the way to go price wise My PC is Core Duo and im more than happy with it and Will you help me choose a pc around $300 I game thanks for your help

A:Will you help me choose a pc around $300

I think going with a newer gen Core I3/I5 would be better since repairs would be easier with newer hardware in case it breaks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/321041-will-you-help-me-choose-pc-around-300-a.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Basically I am phoneless, I've messed about with android and iPhone over the last 6 months, but I'm wanting to return to a Windows Phone when I get paid a week today. I have an Acer Aspire Switch 10 2 in 1 Tablet with Windows 10 and would like to buy a Windows Phone which comes with or can be upgraded to 10. I want my phone and tablet to Sync well and the experience to feel fluid and seamless as possible - ill probably end up with insider builds on both, I always do :) Any way I'm waiting out for the surface phone before I spend much money so id like to spend less than ?150 I don't mind buying a used phone. Can anybody help me choose the right phone for me? Thanks in advance.

A:Help me Choose!

The 650 is a great option, getting one for my younger brother. One of the best (if not the best) mid range phones for a low price. Includes Continuum as well. If not, the 640 is another great choice, and at the prices they are now, they're practically free!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442839-help-me-choose.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a customer s -channel surveillance DVR that s getting a lot of heavy use and he s asked me to look at hardware upgrades for it He wants to boost it to the max GB RAM it will take yes we re aware -bit XP will only use -ish GB and he wants to look at a CPU upgrade Since Intel s branched off all over the place with their designs and model names and clock speeds are less and less relevant it s hard to keep track of what types are better than others any more other than Celeron still being pretty much bottom of the barrel So for those who know the following link lists compatible CPUs for the board I m dealing with I want to know which are the best to look at CPU-Upgrade ASUS you CPU would choose? Which P GC-VM processor support and specifications Present CPU is Code CPU Name Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz CPU Code Name Cedar Mill Vendor GenuineIntel Number of Bits Instruction Set MMX SSE SSE SSE ET XD EST Platform Name Socket LGA Revision D Technology nm Original Clock Which CPU would you choose? MHz Original System Clock MHz Original Multiplier CPU Clock MHz System Clock MHz FSB MHz Number of Cores Core Speed MHz Multiplier Virtual Technology Supported No Hyper Threading Supported Yes Hyper Threading Enabled Yes Cache L Data Cache KBytes L Trace Cache K ops L Cache KBytes Customer would prefer to avoid anything that needs a beta BIOS what would you recommend for the best CPU upgrade for this system Thanks O gurus nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Hello friends, I recently did a dual boot configuration with Win 7 and Win 8. I was wondering if there was a way to set a key to choose a OS to run. I have Win 7 to boot by default, it would be nice to keep tapping a key to boot from Win 8. If there isn't a way, I'm going to have to have a timer go off when the "choose a operating system windows loads. I did extend the time to 60 seconds, but... a key would be nice. Thanks

A:Is there a way I can set a key to choose which OS I want to run?

I don't understand what you want to do. As it is now, you use the cursor key to select the operating system you want to boot and press enter.

What do you want to do/happen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321402-there-way-i-can-set-key-choose-os-i-want-run.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey,

I'm going to start playing COD and I don't know if I should buy COD 4 or COD 5. Which one should I buy? Please help!

From,

Jeremy

Relevancy 33.97%

So I am planning to buy a Mac or a PC for cross platform app/game development. For apps I will use Visual Studio with Xamarin paired up. Should I buy a Mac and run visual studios on VM or should I buy a PC and pair it up(build host) it with my Mac mini? Which one would you prefer and why? Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-choose.1169755/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am somewhat confused about the different versions of Windows OS In the clean install tutorial there is a link to https www heidoc net joomla techno -download-tool On this page it lists Windows Editions and Languages S Starter Edition HB Home Basic Edition HP Home Premium Edition P Professional Edition U Ultimate Edition N without Media Player K optional rd party media and messaging software OEM Original Equipment Manufacturer GG Get Genuine Kit bit Edition bit Edition When you download the OS choose Which to tool in order to download the appropriate OS you must choose from the above list This Which OS to choose is where it gets fuzzy for me Most computers I come into contact with are ones that are purchased with the OS already installed An example would be Which OS to choose a Dell computer that was purchased with Windows Home premium installed Like one someone purchased from a store I would assume I would need to download the quot OEM Original Equipment Manufacturer quot I try to download from the Microsoft site but there is always an issue with the Product Key which by the way is a valid key Microsoft told me I have to contact the manufacture of the computer since they installed it The manufacture tells me I must order the recovery CDs but only the registered owner can do that All I want to do is reload the OS and validate it so it is legal I know this may be simple but its not for me Can some one elaborate on this process

A:Which OS to choose

As windows 7 is now out of support, , it is on extended support until approx 2020, (this provides only security patches), you will find it difficult to obtain the disk(s) you require to re-install and activate with an OEM key.

Your best bet would be to try to borrow a disk from someone you know, as the "retail" disk of the original level, (Home Premium?), (which is the one you require to activate with the key found on the case of an OEM system) if you cannot find a disk from the exact model you have.

There are a few copies for sale on the web with keys that are not illegal but these tend to be around $150, (you will see them at around $25, but these are mostly pre used keys or those from MSDN which are also invalid)

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/396702-os-choose.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Ok, here's my rig : it's a P4 Prescott 3.2 @ 3.52 (Socket 775) (58 celcius idle and 68 at load), memory of 1024 (2 512 (3200 @ 3520) in dual channel), a Chaintech 6600GT, WD SATA Hard drive (200Go) and a mobo Chaintech Zenith V915P.

Here's the PSU I liked :

- http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13610&vpn=OCZ45012U&manufacture=OCZ Technology

- http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13539#topic

- http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12386&vpn=NEO POWER&manufacture=ANTEC

Tell me which you think as the best overall performance/ price ratio. You can suggest other psu too. Thanks!

A:Help me to choose a PSU!

Dont Double Post!
Anyways, i would go for Antec, if u have a good video card, that has enough voltage for it... and Antec is a good PSU company

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-to-choose-a-psu.337789/
Relevancy 33.97%

i mostly just stream videos and download videos and music on my notebook. i've been using avg since 2012 and now this summer update thing is really pissing me off. i cant even scan my computer anymore bec of this "update failed general error" message, ive tried every solution i could find but im thinking of switching to another antivirus. any suggestions?

A:help me choose?

oh and i get that choosing an antivirus is very subjective and all but if you could suggest some great AVs that provides decent protection, that'd be great

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536576/help-me-choose/
Relevancy 33.97%
Q: CHoose

Hi I understand this topic has been debated s of times But can anyone help me CHoose make the choice between Kaspersky and CHoose Norton I did use to use Free product like Avira MBAM but From now me dad gonna use the PC mostly and I ll be away He not tech savvy Hence Have to go in for a AV Which has all feature like AntiPhising etc etc Norton Internet CHoose Security Costs INR Rs While Kaspersky costs INR Rs Kaspersky does have a lot features but my parents not so computer savvy so Chance are they might not use the extra features Kaspersky has got bad Results in the MRG test Results while Norton has done O K I have used Kaspersky in Past but it seems new version cause system slowdown i dono whether it is better to save rs go with Kaspersky or may invest more and go with Norton I have used Kaspersky in past and it does offer good protection I understand difference between product is just about a few bells Alerts But does spending INR Rs more really Justify If I get hit by Downloader Trojan I have to pay a visit to malware Removal section Let it be I m using Kaspersky Norton right

A:CHoose

Use whatever fits your budget.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395183/choose/
Relevancy 33.97%

My system consists of Asus P4P800SE
Pentium4,2.4B
Radeon9800Pro
1.5Gb,pc2700 Kingston

Recently built system,running for a few months,no problems playing games,using system in a single application enviorment works fine.But when I edit music and also have applications running,my system starts to slowdown abit.I have been informed through this forum and others that a P4 with Hyper Threading would solve my issue.
Now,I have just spent $$ on upgrading memory,and don't want to purchase pc3200 memory with DDR2 boards becoming mainstream soon.

So I have 2 questions:
(1)Should I get a P4 3.06,533 bus,Hyper T or a 3.0c,800 bus,Hyper T.
(2)Will the pc2700 memory be at all compatible with the 3.0c,allowing the cpu to run on 533 instead of 800

Maybe I know the answer already,but I want the experts advice My mainboard supports Hyper T,800 bus,and pc3200 memory.TY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-p4-should-i-choose.270896/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi everyone.. I am working as a quality analyst in an electronic device manufacturing company. Ours is a little firm and started before 6 months. Within this short span of time we have changed two QMS softwares and still the error with software persists. After a long research I found Unipoint software https://www.unipointsoftware.com . Before proposing it to management I would like to recognize the feedback if anyone ever used it. If you know any other good software, please avail information about that too. Quality is our prime importance and all types of suggestions are welcome.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609617/please-help-to-choose-the-best-qms/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have XP Home on drive C: set as primary master. I installed another hdrive with 2000pro as primary slave and it shows as drive F:. I have a standard cdrom as secondary master as drive D:, and a cdrom burner as secondary slave, drive E:.
When I boot up it goes directly to drive C:. How can I set it up so I'll get a choice of which hard drive I want to open when I fire up the PC instead of it automatically booting to drive C:?
Thanks, Jim

Relevancy 33.97%

right now, i have an ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D RAGE PRO AGP 2X. My Windows XP has 128 ram and 400 mghz. Ive got an AMD K6 processor. So, can upgrading my graphics drive improve how well it works? and if so, how do i do so. Im 15, so bear with.

So far, ive been to ATI's website, went to drivers and software section, and saw 4 available "products" to download:

Radeon family

Rage 128 Pro Family

Rage 128 Family

Rage Pro Family

which one should i download, if any at all?

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, I have an asrock k7s41 m/board with 1 stick of 512 ddr , i'm thinking of sticking another in but do not know what kind it is. Does it matter? My m/board manual says this:-
Max. 2GB DDR
2 x DDR DIMM
DDR400/333/266, so not knowing (is there a way to find out) whether i'm currently using 400/300 or 266, would it make a difference if one was say 333 and the other was 400? I'm guessing it's 400mhz but not sure. Also I see some have different numbers of pins how do I know which I need? or is DIMM something to do with that? While I'm here I may as well ask, is it worth me even bothering? I only have an athlon 2800+ processor so would extra ram improve performance of games etc?

Cheers

Wolfee

Relevancy 33.97%

Im trying to upgrade my dell inspiron 1720 with windows vista home laptop up to windows 7. Im in college and therefore get the special discount of upgrading to windows 7 home premium for only $29.99. This discount also allows me to choose to upgrade to windows 7 professional for the same price.
I use my laptop for some gaming, music, doing homework (which includes programming and related courses), and messing around with any new fun software i can get my hands on.

What should i get?
-steve

A:What to Choose??

I went with Home Premium as I didn't need any of the Pro features. Works a treat on my home PC, but if you can get Windows 7 Pro for a good price, go for it!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/35992-what-choose.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I am not technologically challenged and computers interest me but I lose interest and don't follow everything Comparing computers to sports you have a variety of levels of fans Many sports fans obsess and know all these details about each player their stats etc choose... to how I can't keep up with such things It's sort of the same way with technology I just don't have the passion to keep up with everything new and all of that My dad while he was alive was into computers a lot how to choose... There were things I knew that he didn't but he sure knew a LOT more than I did I wish I could converse with him but I'm not sure he knew all the answers anyway Years back AVG was the best or one of AV program out there I used to put it on all the machines I worked on for other people Then things changed and more programs popped up AVG started bothering me few years back I don't remember why so I started looking around Found Avast and have been on that for some time But I'm setting up some laptops for the kids and not sure what I want to put on there Avast is driving me nuts these days with the popups they have offering me a discount on a paid product Uh I'm using this because I'm poor and it's free I HATE popups I'd like to ask what the best FREE and least annoying AV is but is there even one answer to that question Years ago I found the downloads at cnet a trustworthy place to get ideas on the ratings of programs I believe this too has changed a lot over the how to choose... years so as an aside I am wondering if anyone has any favorite software download sites that have GOOD information to help people make informed decisions It was so nice to look at editor's ratings and users ratings and all of that Very handy But I also look at AVtest from time to time and the results they put out can be VERY different than the ratings at the other site I use So what's what these days How does a person that doesn't keep up with technology often enough to know know What's best I can google it but you get a HUGE mixed bag of results including paid reviews How does a person that isn't obsessing over sports studying who played what position years ago etc learn without much trouble the facts they need With sports it's easy the results on a search aren't going to show that roger clemens had an era of or something if it wasn't But software is more complicated and always changing What the best program is today might not be the best tomorrow So I am asking what people would suggest for something free and not so intrusive but also where would you suggest I find this information on my own I have kids and don't have the time to do in depth research and I don't want a program that will drive me nuts or not protect well enough A couple years ago I put Comodo on my mom's computer I liked it Not very intrusive less than Avast that's for sure But I don't know if my mom wasn't doing updates or what was going on but she emailed me saying she had malware click this you're infected type popups Dealing with someone else's computer from miles away never works really well and she ended up taking it to the IT guys at her work I wont say where that is but trust me when I say the IT guys there would be VERY good at what they do They took comodo off and put on well I'm not sure She told me they told her it was some MS product that was already on there Defender I don't know But that doesn't have the best reviews on AVtest so I really don't know Everyone has different opinions one site says is the best another says the same program is HORRIBLE It's enough to drive a person batty I don't want to just randomly grab at one and hope it will do a good job especially in today's world where ransomware and such exists Sorry about all of that I want to explain myself the best I can I used to trust one site for my downloads but when I see totally different reviews on another trusted site I'm just not sure anymore

A:how to choose...

Let's tackle this in bits and pieces.
  First, if you have Windows 7 or newer, then, I recommend letting Windows Firewall do its job; it does really well!  I used to use other firewalls, got tired of having compatibility problems, went back to Windows Firewall operations.
  Next, Quietman7 will appear sooner or later with a very informative post or two about having a well-thought-out, well-layered line of defense -- and you and your users on your computers are the first and foremost best line of defense.
  Next, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit still have free versions, unless I missed something.
  Next, Almost all free anti-virus programs will come with a price -- nag-bulletins, if you want free, you have to ignore the nag-bulletins.
  Next, SpywareBlaster's free version does everything the pay-for version except -- you have to manually update the database.
  There is no one program nor one security suite that will actually provide 100% protection.  Avoid security suites, they are like driving buses when 4door sedans will do.
  Avoid any and all programs that promise: faster! quicker! leaner! cleaner! fixer! and so on...such will very often cause more grief than joy.
  As you ask questions, make comments, we can better tailor our responses to your needs and wants.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616296/how-to-choose/
Relevancy 33.97%

I want to upgrade the ram on my computer to gigs but because I ram what choose to am running linux I can t go to the online shops and just run their little scan what ram to choose to tell me what I need The machine is a Sony Vaio desktop with an AMD Athlon xp mhz processor GE PRO-M motherboard running Ubuntu Digging through the computer yesterday I found it supports Memory- x DDR slots DDR non-ECC un-buffered memory - Max capacity of system memory GB The motherboard manual states DDR DIMM slots DDR DIMM and DDR DIMM support PC DDR PC DDR PC DDR Max GB Running sudo lshw in the command line shows the ram I have Memory Module Information Socket Designation DIMM Bank Connections Current Speed Unknown Type DIMM SDRAM Installed Size MB Double-bank Connection Enabled Size MB Double-bank Connection Error Status OK Handle x DMI type bytes Memory Module Information Socket Designation DIMM Bank Connections Current Speed Unknown Type DIMM SDRAM Installed Size MB Double-bank Connection Enabled Size MB Double-bank Connection Error Status OK Hope that s not too much info The question is just which ram would be the best I know to upgrade to gigs I ll need to replace both sticks Thanks mystmaiden nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

My brothers have a computer which has a harddrive that recently stopped working. they have a "120 GB Hitachi DeskStar MODEL: HDT722516DLA380 SATA". So i went to the hitachi website and downloaded the DFT after someone suggested it to me. i am left with a few options after i start it up and dont know which one is right for this hard drive.

1. For Adaptec
2. For LSI 320 Controller
3. For Tekram & Symbios Controller
4. For ATTO 320 Controller

How do i find out which one is right for this computer/HDD?

A:What to choose on this DFT?

Those are generally just extra scsi drivers for scsi controllers.
SATA support should be native if it is the most recent software.
If it doesn't autostart,just select adaptec and hit enter.
You should get a messege that it doesn't exist and the
software should contiue to load.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-to-choose-on-this-dft.841754/
Relevancy 33.97%

so I'm upgrading from my ati radeon 512mb 4850.
and i WILL NOT go with ATI again.
So Nvidia wise what are my options.. even if it is only a small upgrade.
any help is greatly appreciated.

oh btw i need a PCI-E card.

thanks in advance

A:Which GPU should i choose?

Geforce GTX260(be sure to get the newer 216 core version, the old one is not good) is the next step, 9800 GTX+ is a bit worse than Radeon 4850.
Make sure your PSU is enough for the 260 if you get it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-gpu-should-i-choose.802297/
Relevancy 33.97%

My brother is upgrading his long over due to be upgraded GTX570 and since he's saved up some he's going with a 1080 most likely and he's wanting a 4K monitor but I have not kept up on them and he's choosing between these two, Which one would you choose and why out of these two and if you have any other suggestions I'd be happy to look at them for him.
SAMSUNG U28E590D Black 28" 4K UHD Widescreen LCD/LED Monitor, AMD FreeSync 1ms, 370 cd/m2 DCR Mega Infinity (1000:1), VESA Mountable, HDMI DisplayPort-Newegg.com

ASUS PB287Q Black 28" 4K UHD 1ms 10-bit HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor height&Pivot adjustable 300 cd/m2 100,000,000:1 - Newegg.com

Dauntae

A:WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE

I honestly wouldn't go 4k just yet. Go 1440p. 4k is a pretty big jump.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/would-you-choose-277983/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi Can you help me choose I want to buy a new CPU and a board I want a cheap budget solution office amp multimedia use mostly and occassional light gaming Which should I choose AMD Athlon or Intel Celeron G I currently have this AMD model in another computer and I'm happy with it It has built-in graphics too which performs awesome beyond choose? me Help expected It is great for light gaming Help me choose? Runs p on dual displays capable of K output etc But it's clock speed is limited at Ghz You can overclock it to Ghz but that's it It's not slow but given that I'm shocked by it's almost non-existing heat output man it doesn't even reach C with the stock cooler at full load I think it could definitely reach more I think the TDP might be the limiting factor here which is W only That's quite cool But what about the Intel processor It has a higher TDP but also a much higher core clock But it has only two cores instead of four like the AMD has The graphics clock is higher too It is mhz on the AMD and Mhz on the Intel These are the maximum values they can go down when not needed I'm mostly interested in the graphics part What do you think

A:Help me choose?

In a nutshell ish what are you going to be doing with the machine?

I should have added OCing a lot or what

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/379568-help-me-choose.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Alright here it is I'm looking for the right video card for my up an coming system build now my board I'll be getting has a 8x AGP now I need help with what to go with... Do I buy Nvidia or ATI ... I just wanna know anyones input... The card will be use for anywhere from light to medium gaming nothing extreme as of yet.

Relevancy 33.97%

hi..........i m computer science and engg. student and i m very confused rite now abt wat technology should i choose.........between .net, oracle, open source like redhat or go with java???

i know computer basic languages like c, c++, vb 6.0, HTML and also vb.net (winforms)

need real help to sort things up...
Kunal

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, i was wondering what would i choose

On one hand, i have:
2x GTX 295 and 4 Normal HD in Raid 0

And in the other hand i have
2x GTX 285 and SSD TorqX 256gb

The SSD i would have to chip from USA, and there is the possibility for them to steal my HD in the mail.

A:What should i choose?

If you want speed, go for the SSD - nothing beats it, Raid or not. But check out the OCZ Vertex and Intel X25M too. In any case make sure there is Trim support in the firmware - else the writes will slow down over time. W7 supports Trim and also does all the other usual tweaks (alignment, Superfetch disable, etc.) automatically. Real nice fit.
You could even consider a smaller SSD (60 or 80GBs would be ample for W7) plus a larger HDD for the bulk data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25108-what-should-i-choose.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello. I want to build a new PC. What SSD should I choose? bx100 or mx100 ?
Comparison: http://www.techwarn.com/crucial-bx100-vs-mx100-review/
Please help.

A:What SSD should I choose?

MX200 is what I have, it's a decent SSD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-ssd-should-i-choose.212278/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello all had somthing like this posted before but nobody replyed.
I wana upgrade my PC abit.Still saving money and it could take like 7months+ will put i7 930 gtx260 and 4gb ddr3 1600mhz ram.

So this time i need help to decide witch one is better for games and wich one would be more better in future upgrade abilitys.
The options are 2 atm.
Asus P6X58D or Gigabyte X58a UD3R
Realy need some PC expert help on this

A:cant choose right one

or this one
ASUS - P6T Deluxe V2

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/115337-cant-choose-right-one.html
Relevancy 33.97%

My aunt want me to help her sometime to fix her pc or help her get something. But we live like 2 seperate states is there anyway that i can connect to her pc from my pc( i have to see her desktop interface), cuz it hard to show her how to do it over phone.

I have heard something that hellp but dont understand all. EX; Remote desktop connect, remote assistance. Team viewer. Can anyone explain different between each what is the best way to do it

A:Need help on choose

Teamviewer is the easiest and most reliable way. The way it works is this:

You each install Teamviewer (or run the application without installing, it gives you this option when you double-click the executable).
After accepting the license agreement Teamviewer's main will then show and you'll be given an ID and password on the left side (your grandma will need to tell you this). On the right hand side you will use the "Partner ID" box and enter in your grandma's ID, then the password when it prompts you. Leave it set to "Remote control".

Once you've done this, your grandma's desktop will then pop up and you'll have full control over her system as if you were sitting in front of it! Be sure to remind her not to touch the mouse or keyboard while you're working, as she'll still be able to control them but that will of course override your control.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243007-need-help-choose.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi i have to make decision among these computers. Please help me with my decision. experts please tell me why i should buy one vs other.

3 post down i have uploded comparision.doc please download and suggest.

Thanks

A:Help me choose

On the amount of RAM on #3, I'm assuming it's running VISTA. Of course, the others could also be running VISTA as well.
I would normally select #2 even though I'm an AMD person, but since it has an integrated graphics chipset, I'll have to go with number 3. BUT, the graphics card has to go. I'm also assuming the graphics card is a PCI-e based upon it being an AM2 processor and board. Since you didn't state what brands these are, nor did you state if you are going to use them for gaming, I'm just going to go with the flow. If you are going to game with it, AND you select #2 anyway, (and assuming again, that it has a PCI-e slot), you'll still have to install a new graphics card.
But, if you go with #3, and the additional $300 isn't an issue, for what you'd save on purchasing #3, you can pick yourself up a really decent Direct X10 card. The 8800 GT's seem to be a popular, high quality card right now, so that's just my opinion. If you're not using it for gaming, then definitely go with #2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-choose.95132/
Relevancy 33.97%

First I think Windows is just great Having How do choose you said this I am also a little confused Windos have a number of applications built in People Mail Photo Skydrive So now I got my pictures but cannot edit and adjust them so getting Live Essentials and Photo Gallery So why do I now need two photo applications Along comes also Live Mail so now I have How do you choose MS Outlook Hotmail Live Mail and Windows Mail all givin access to my mails different ways different functionality so what to use Skydrive gives you acccess to your files did I say I am a great fan of skydrive but you cannot edit access and control or at least I cant so then you access Skydrive via Outlook Mail so why do I need Windows Skydrive So who do I know People is great but then again I have Messenger as part of Essential which is maybe even greater or something I am just missing I think it is sometimes difficult to find what it best as one has some functions another some other but still I need multiple tools so has MS managed to integrate it all in Windows when I still need Outlook and Essentials or can someone maybe give som good advise on how to use these tools in an effective way

A:How do you choose

For my Email I use only Outlook, I don't like the idea to have only a cloud copy of important stuff ( I get access to my Hotmail, Google Apps email and my office 365 email as well as my internal Exchange servers from it ) . For my photo, I use Photoshop elements, I don't need the full power of Photoshop. I will say just find the apps you like most and use this one, you can adjust files extensions to open the apps you like.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/12088-how-do-you-choose.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello Community I have around five old hard drives each gig that I have data on them all of this hard drives use IDE wire to attach to motherboard I am trying to look on each hard drive and see if there is any data that is important to me to download it to my main server in searching for a device that would allow me to achieve this I have found three options one was USB to SATA IDE Cable Adapter Converter - Which to choose? USB-To-IDE SATA this one I think I can use in the future as well if I have Sata hard drive and want to read the data on it externally The second chose was USB Docking Station this one I feel that limits the choses of have in Which to choose? hard drives as well as using new Sata or Old hard drives Lastly I found USB Which to choose? HDD External Enclosure I like some feedback if it is possible as always any and all help would be greatly appreciated P S In backing and storing the data from this hard drive is there a reliable flash drive that some one can recommend Thank you again nbsp

A:Which to choose?

I recommend against USB flash devices for any important data storage as they do occasionally fail. They're OK for transfering files between devices and the such, but never rely on them with data that has invaluable stuff or its of a irreplaceable nature.

The best way of moving the data would be to just send it via the internal network to the server. I wouldn't bother spending money to send it when it can be done overnight or in a couple of hours even with a 100MB LAN connection. Just move the data one disk at a time to your server. Or you could just move the data onto a couple of disks and then add them to the server.

Or is that an option you've not considered because the server lacks storage capacity?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-to-choose.171910/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm looking at a Galaxy Geforce 9500 GT vs EVGA Geforce 9500 GT both with 1GB memory, but I have no idea which one to pick. Will these cards run on Windows 7?

Galaxy Geforce 9500 GT $44.99

EVGA Geforce 9500 GT $54.99

I heard that EVGA has a lot of problems with overheating, fan issues, and memory issues...is that true?

My budget is around $60-$70 if you have a better suggestion for a good gaming graphic card please post =D Right now I am running on Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT with 256mb.

A:Which one to choose?

what motherboard is it for or rather does it have a pci-e slot, if so
SPARKLE SXT430512S3LNM GeForce GT 430 - $64.99

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-one-to-choose.160878/
Relevancy 33.97%

Intel X25-M 80GB
OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB

I want to install my OS (Windows 7 Ultimate) on it, And maybe Microsoft Office.

So the questions are:

Which on is better? and which one would you choose and why?

OCZ Vetex have 100 mb/s write speed compared to 70 mb/s from intel, Does that speed matter?

Is 60GB storage enough?

Is intel X25-M, G1 or a G2? (I couldn't find any product called Intel G2, here in Australia)

Lastly What progarms would you have on SSD? (At the moment I'm thinking just OS and Office)

Thanks guys,

If you can answer all, that'll be really appreciated.

A:What SSD would you choose?

Intel's drive may not perform consistently under considerable write load; whereas the vertex is very fast drive, and thats what i'll be recommending.

However, the moment you buy an (MLC based) SSD HDD you are sort of on borrowed time. I hope likes of intel/samsung/toshiba & others will soon come up with solutions making SLC based NAND Flash cheap enough to be used in mainstream SSDs; it will not only help the performance of SSDs but also considerably improve the life span.

Anway, if i were to buy and use SSD today, I will disable disk defragmentation, windows prefetcher and search indexer, as it will help in ensuring that SSD will last some years (at least).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-ssd-would-you-choose.142827/
Relevancy 33.97%

Spelled quot Choose quot wrong too Through overclocking benching etc I ve learned the long way that my psu in inadequate It went poof I know a little about psu s more so about the hardware that they can work with because of simple google searches I ll give you a list of items I have in my current system core i Was at ghz Asus Rampage Gigs of ddr G skill SSD GB G ultra Been sitting on my hands about upgrading to two x s led case fans drives I m planning on doing some aftermarket stuff well some more in terms of a watt peltier build for my cpu I may get a dedicated psu for it Along with a complete watercooling loop cpu gpu s maybe NB probably not though http www newegg com Product Productcompare aspx Submit ENE amp N amp StoreType - amp CompareItemList N E cN E cN E cN E amp page amp bop And Choices of psu s I m looking at My issues are Having enough power for everything I want to connect The listing of v rails are - or etc Some give more power than others How am I to determine the difference Does efficiency rating effect constant power output nbsp

A:Which psu to choose?

google psu calculator - add 30% to the results.

different rails have different connectors. Also you can test with a multimeter if unsure

#3 - yes (but in quality PSUs shouldn't matter)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-psu-to-choose.118061/
Relevancy 33.97%

Im a little lost regarding the wattage I need, I used the newegg psu calculator but Im not sure about it

Here are my specs

GA-X58-USB3 motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 570
Curcial DDR3 6GB RAM

I havent bought the case, the optical drive or the hard drive

I like Coolermaster PSUs

Thanks!

A:Help me choose a PSU

What cpu are you going to run?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-choose-a-psu.160690/
Relevancy 33.97%

The way music is distributed has changed a lot since the whole digital download process started. People can go on itunes and download singles and albums. But what if people don't want to download the whole album? They can just download a single track or a few tracks. People may not need to record whole albums. They can go ahead and release a song online, legally for purchase, make a video and promote it like that. They don't need a label, but will need producers anyways and directors. They can cut out the middle man. I think it may be the way of the future.

A:mp3 Choose

Hi. Welcome to the internet!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/7958-mp3-choose.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Okey I thought I had finished my build and was ready for buying, but then my mate comes to me and says I should get a nvidia 480 SLI build, and I found one and saved about 500$ from the radeon 5970 build.
So what should I choose?

I've seen reviews of the 480 SLI being very noisy..and I don't want my system to sound like a car

But they also perform way better than a single 5970 in action, and they are cheaper. So what would you have done?
I still want a Radeon build, cause the cards are more stabil and don't make so much sound. And I mean, who would really need more than a 5970? So if someone doesn't make a good argument for why I should choose nvidia I will go for the radeon build

A:Help me choose.

Why not read the reviews? Here's one:

NVIDIA?s GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470: 6 Months Late, Was It Worth the Wait? - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

The comparison does not include quad Crossfire (two 5970s).

When tested with Furmark, the total system power with a 5970 was 465W; with a single 480, 479W. With two 480s in SLI, that went to 851W. Sacre merde! that suggests tha a fully-loaded 480 eats 282W. (The spec limit for power through the PCI-E slot, 6 pin PCI-E power connector, and 8 pin PCI-E power connector is 300W.)

My single 480's fan gets loud when it's fully loaded with Furmark. From the above review, it should be about as loud as a single 5970.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/99829-help-me-choose.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, I am thinking of buying either HD 6870,GTX 560 or GTX 650 ti...
Which is better considering I will be playing latest games such as AC-III,crysis 3 etc??

Relevancy 33.54%

Hello all,

I am planning on building my very first PC, completely from scratch! I have re-built older ones, by changing out small things like the power supply, hard drive, and cd drives. Now I want to do one completely from scratch however I dont know exactly where to begin. Do I purchase the chassis according to the dimension of the motherboard? I dont want anything extravagant, the bare stuff for say a college student or a beginning pc user. So, how do choose a motherboard??

Thanks for any advice ladies and gentlemen!

Linda

A:How do I choose a motherboard??

i would say choose a motherboard based on the type of processor it can handle and work your way down from there. id say the case is the last thing you have to worry about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-choose-a-motherboard.557568/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi All I m a new member and i m seeking for some advice from our experienced members here here! :confused: choose, me Help about good quality computer parts I Help me choose, here! :confused: plan to build my own desktop and Help me choose, here! :confused: now i m Help me choose, here! :confused: looking for good part One of my friends sent me a list of important parts of a pc Can you please have a look and tell me if it s a good combination or not I want to have a powerful pc with a reasonable price used for PC games of course home video editing image editing animation website design Here is the list that my friend send to me Computer System Part Graphic Card M HIS ATI Pro IceQ DVI x W TV HOT CPU Intel P C F MainBoard Asus P C Deluxe WIFI I RAM M PC DDR Hyundai M PC DDR Hyundai Hard Drive Seagate M SATA G DVD-BURNER SONY Retail DRU x Dual Layer DVD Writer KEY-BOARD Logitech MX DUO Wireless Optical Pack Kindly advice will be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

I wanted to build a new gaming rig from scratch and I d like some feedback on what I have so far I haven t chose a motherboard yet and that s what I need the most help on I m willing to go to for a motherboard and also some feedback on the other parts I ve selected would be nice Thanks in advance Motherboard CPU Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K RAM CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M A C Video Card TWO Yes I need TWO of this graphics card SAPPHIRE - L Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support MB? choose me help and build, this How's an Video Card OVERALL Sound Card ASUS Xonar D Channels -bit KHz PCI Interface Sound Card HDD Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Case Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower How's this build, and help me choose an MB? Computer Case How's this build, and help me choose an MB? Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series HX CMPSU- HX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hows-this-build-and-help-me-choose-an-mb.169046/
Relevancy 33.54%

So the last time I upgraded from to in my signature How choose a motherboard? to new I How to choose a new motherboard? bought an upgrade kit case MB CPU amp memory and put my other components into it Since then I revived the old setup now but have a few issues with it so I want to upgrade again Basically the new one will leapfrog to How to choose a new motherboard? position and be hubby s gaming computer as How to choose a new motherboard? he s not real happy with its performance either and as it exists now will go away at least as far as the MB amp CPU are concerned -- components will be retained just like last time However this time I don t see any kits like I got last time so now I have to choose the stuff individually and don t really know how to do it I kind of understand the CPU s and know I at least want an Athlon XP -bit processor and I possibly want to go to dual-core I ve heard good and bad about it for gaming but I am confused how to choose the best MB for it to go into Can someone advise me please nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

Apart from the external y-cables on the cross fire, what are the major differences between the SLI and CrossFire? Any suggestions which is the better choice?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sli-or-crossfire-which-would-you-choose.523339/
Relevancy 33.54%

That seems ridiculous for 1 Tab open, and 4 Extensions.

A:Why I choose Firefox.

Sorry, but I don't see your point
Is there any real gain in using less processes?
Chrome just uses a separate process for every tab (AND for every extension).
And if you add them up you get about to the same number Firefox uses as well (at least here )
That alone wouldn't be a criterion for me to like or dislike a browser.
I use firefox almost from the time it came out and even if it's slower compared to Chrome it's still fast enough for me.(except v4.x BETA which is here extremely slow and sluggish)
But to each his own
-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/130172-why-i-choose-firefox.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I lost my password to log in...I hit F8 at the startup..once i got to the screen that gives me the option to choose safe mode it wont let me click on it..it tells me to use the up and down arrows to highlight which mode i want but it doesnt let me highlight anything..my keyboard works at the log in screen so i know it isnt my keyboard malfunctioning...i also tried taking the circular battery out of the computer itself to reset the password and it didnt work either..what do i do..i can afford to erase everything on my computer..thank you

A:Won't let me choose safemode

and welcome to the Forum

I am sorry, but our rules do not allow requests for help to circumvent system admin passwords or Administrator settings on networks. We do understand that the majority of requests may be legitimate, but we do not have the means to discern these from non-legitimate requests.

A link to our tules is at the top of each page.

I hope you can understand that we cannot verify the circumstances behind the request, and that any advice we might offer could assist others in illegal activities.

This thread closed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wont-let-me-choose-safemode-461986.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I want to upgrade from Windows 98 to 2000. The computer will be used at college. So, I will want to have the capability of getting it hooked into the network. So, should I choose Windows 2000 Professional as opposed to Windows 2000 ME? What are your suggestions? Thanks!

A:Which Windows to choose?

First, check with the college Admin for software and hardware compatibility. Then, go with anything other than ME. ME, from my personal experiences, is one of (if not the) worst OS's MS came out with. It is unstable, crashes regularly, and you can forget about multitasking. CRASH!!

Just for background, I used an Intel P3 850mhz, 256mb RAM, Voodoo3 video card, SoundBlaster Live sound card, hp 9100 writer cd-burner, and a D-link nic for dsl. ME was installed (for about 3 days). That system ran like crap until I put Win 2000, then hummmmmmmmm. Peachy. Oh yeah, it had a floppy drive and cd-rom drive (which was only recognized half the time.)

Remember, anything other than ME ;o)

(And now my rant session on ME is over)

Drew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-windows-to-choose.40744/
Relevancy 33.54%

Theres a sale now - this store is well known and sells only help me of one choose Please laptops these original stuff I m looking for a laptop thats Good for moderate graphic design using adobe set and director Good for PC games especially Sims High RAM HDD Graphics doesn t have to be quot THE best quot but must be very good I need someone to help me explain about graphics that I nothing about My budget is USD - My preferred brands are Toshiba HP and lastly Acer Please tell me why I should choose it too Here Please help me choose one of these laptops they are SAMSUNG RV USD Intel i - m Ghz GB HDD GB RAM quot HD LED display Dedicated GB DDR III VRAM DVD RW Windows Home premium Webcam Bluetooth WIFI year warranty ACER Aspire G USD Intel i - m Ghz GB HDD GB RAM quot Crysta Cine HD Dedicated GB DDR III VRAM DVD RW Windows Home Premium Webcam Bluetooth WIFI year warranty Office starter HP Pavillion DV - USD Intel i - m Ghz GB HDD GB RAM quot HD LED Brightview Dedicated GB DDR III VRAM Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD D L Windows Home Premium Webcam Bluetooth WIFI FingerPrint Beats Audio year warranty DELL Inspirion R USD Intel i - m Ghz GB HDD GB RAM quot HD LED Display Dedicated GB DDR III VRAM DVD SuperMultiDrive Windows Home Premium Webcam Bluetooth WIFI HDMI year warranty ASUS K V USD Intel i - m Please help me choose one of these laptops up to Ghz GB HDD GB DDR III RAM up to GB quot Colorshine HD LED Dedicated GB Nvidia Geforce GT DVD -RW Windows Home premium Webcam Bluetooth WIFI TOSHIBA Satellite L USD Intel i - m up to Ghz GB HDD GB RAM quot TrueBrite Dedicated GB DDR III VRAM DVD -RW WIndows Home Premium Webcam Blutooth WIFI year Warranty Available in - Red White amp Silver Thats All Thanks nbsp

A:Please help me choose one of these laptops

anyone...please? I see over 50 views but no comments..not even a vote thats so easy to do...

I need to know ASAP before the sale is over...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-me-choose-one-of-these-laptops.165155/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello All,
why is there a difference in price in this two motherboard?
thank you very much for your help
Jon

ASUS P8P67 LE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
B3/UEFI BIOS w/EZ mode, SATA 6Gb/USB 3.0, CFX $144.99

ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
B3/ Digi +VRM, BT Go, UEFI BIOS, USB3/SATA6, SLI $179.99

A:Which motherboard to choose?

The only notable difference are the CFX (ATI CrossfireX) and SLI (nVidia SLI).

CrossfireX enables you to combine 2 ATI (and ONLY ATI) graphics cards and SLI enables you to use 2 nVidia (and ONLY nVidia) cards. This greatly increases the graphical power of a computer.

CrossfireX has it's limitations, but so does SLI. So I'm not really sure why there's such a big gap in price, but it might have something to do with nVidia being a bit more pricey in general.

But if you're not planning on using two graphics cards, I'd stick with the cheaper CFX one, because you won't have to worry about which type of graphics card you have.

Marty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-motherboard-to-choose.164705/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello everyone)
Looking for a wi-fi router. Can you give some recommendations? thank you in dvance for help))

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394885-wi-fi-router-how-choose.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi, I'm not much of a computer expert, but I want to get a new monitor. Currently, I'm stuck between these 3 choices: the BenQ FP222W, the Acer H213H, and the Dell S2209W. For my needs, I'd like to have a computer that not only can connect to my PC, but to my Xbox 360 as well. I'd like to be able to play my Xbox on the monitor, and be able to switch input on the fly. I also heard good things about monitors with glossy screens, so if you could inform me as to which one has that it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any recommendations, I'd be glad to hear them.
Most of all, if anyone has the above monitors and can share their experiences with them, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

A:Please Help Me Choose a Monitor

to use your xbox you will need a monitor with inbuilt speakers and supports HDMI, and youll also have to buy a HDMI cord that goes from monitor to 360 (round 40bux AUD)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-choose-a-monitor.794840/
Relevancy 33.54%

i would like some help to start choosing some inexpensive and good parts for a gaming computer my range is 0-400$ i already have a decent video card that im trying to conserve money with and im thinking of a case but i think it might be smarter to buy one locally because of shipping costs so right now im just looking for a good motherboard and harddrive
and a sound card if one doesn't come on mobo

Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys,

I have put together 2 different systems (they are very similar) and I'd like your opinion on which one you prefer..

System 1 screenshot

Sytem 2 screenshot

Appreciate your contributions, thanks!

Relevancy 33.54%

Hello !

I am buying a new processor.
I've choosen AMD since i heard it's better for gaming.
I dont want to buy nothing special, or expensive, just something that will allow me to play new games.
I think AMD Phenom is to expensive, so it would be best to choose AMD Athlon...

Procesor AMD Athlon II X3 445 BOX, s. AM3, 3.1GHz, 1.5MB costs 80 ?

What do you think about it ? is it good enough for new games ?

it would be nice if you have some suggestions on what cheap memory card i should buy cuz I have Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT 128 bit, and I think I need a new one, dont you ?

A:Help me choose which AMD processor I should buy

Procesor AMD Athlon II X2 260 BOX, s. AM3, 3.2GHz, 2 MB costs 78 ?
and
Procesor AMD Athlon II X3 445 BOX, s. AM3, 3.1GHz, 1.5MB costs 82 ?

1. question: which is better and why ?
The Athlon II is a Phenom II with the L3 cache disabled. The x3 is a triple core CPU, so naturally it will be faster with apps/games etc that use more than 2 cores.

The x3 4xx Cpu's are very good budget gaming CPU's. Dont purchased based on this...however you have a better than 50/50 chance of unlocking the dormant cores on either processor if you get a MB with a 710 NB chipset or better.

2. question: what does X2 and X3 means, what is it for, and is there huge difference between them ? X2=2 cores X3=3 cores

3. question: what does 260 and 446 BOX means, what is it for, and is there huge difference between them ? Box means boxed retail version, rather than an 'CPU only' version (no heatsink/fan) included

4. question 1.5 and 2.0 MB is the cache size, right ? so it isnt important if its 2.0 or 1.5
Generally the more cache the better. However you will be hard pressed to notice any performance difference between the two

5. question are those processors even good enough to play new games ?
They are, however multi core software and games is where its going. many games now are using 4+ cores. as an example, BC2 will use 8 cores/threads if you have them.

I don't know if this holds true where you are, but this one is within a few dollars of the ones you listed, and a tad faster

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103911

6. question it would be nice if you have some suggestions on what cheap memory card i should buy cuz I have Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT 128 bit, and I think I need a new one, dont you
What resolution and level of detail (eye candy) do you want to be able to game at?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-choose-which-amd-processor-i-should-buy.159156/
Relevancy 33.54%

Here s a tough one I m dealing with Posted in a couple of places and hope I can find a workaround I have a MSI p diamond motherboard running Vista Ultimate that I have a large number of internal HD hooked up to The board has Sata ports and IDE port I have HDs connected to the IDE I have SATA port amp attached to drives can't to and CD many choose Too HD's boot in a raid config It uses a SIL controller on board The other SATA ports have hard drives hooked up and One SATA DVD drive sh-s L samsung The problem is I can t get the CD to show on a boot drive menu If I unplug one hard drive from the sata ports it will show up but it gets booted off the list of bootup devices if all the HDs are hooked up This seems to probably be a BIOS limitation but I need a way to make the system drop one of the hard drives from the boot order list so I can at least Too many HD's and can't choose CD to boot boot from the cd drive on occasion As it is now I have to open the machine up and physically unplug one HD from a SATA port then reboot and choose the CD drive as boot device It seems strange the system would choose to toss off the cd drive as an alt boot device over one hard drive when the boot list is as long as as devices Any clues how to bypass this problem or how to fix it altogether I have done all the firmware bios driver upgrades I can find to no avail nbsp

A:Too many HD's and can't choose CD to boot

Does it make a difference which port the DVD is connected too? Maybe if it's in port 1, it won't be dropped. However, the BIOS usually enumerates all hard drives before it enumerates optical, so if 8 is the limit it might not make a difference. That would take a BIOS update to fix I would think.

Other than that I'm clueless.

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/too-many-hds-and-cant-choose-cd-to-boot.714970/
Relevancy 33.54%

hello guys,

Im in desperate condition right now. I dont know to choose between AMD Athlon II X3 450 and AMD Phenom II X2 555.

Please help me guys.

A:Desperate to choose

Why are you desperate...?
I would get the Phenom but it's pretty much a tossup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desperate-to-choose.161728/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello
Have a nice day

I am curently living under war conditions and no trading for luxury items like hardwares ...
I have a custome built pc:
Cpu core i7 intel
Ram 4 gb
Win 7 64bit
Nvidia 9800 gt gpu...

3 times something called (ac) or (ic) of my gpu gets damaged and replaced to be damaged after a month or two ....
So it was suggested to replace my whole gpu but the options are very limited to:
1- nvidia gt 430 4Gb
2- geforce gt 520 2Gb DDR3
3- Radeon HD 5450 2Gb DDR3

?... so which one is better for gaming? I am playing gta 5 ...bioshock infinite.... assassins creed releases till unity .....and such games along with photoshop cs5.
I googled it but i only got confused because rates tell something and reviews another ...
Please help ..

A:which gpu to choose for a better gaming?

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
So what exactly is the budget I missed it ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/379834-gpu-choose-better-gaming.html
Relevancy 33.54%

200$ Budget...
I've narrowed it down to these.
Lets say, for Crysis, which one would you choose?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/out-of-this-list-which-would-you-choose.713262/
Relevancy 33.54%

I had Windows XP SP2 in C: drive but the HDD has some errors so I installed XP in D: drive. Now I need to install the XP from C:. I know that I can do this with the XP CD. But I just wanted to know that if a person has one XP in C: drive and another in D: drive, which XP will load by default? Can I make a menu appear which allows me to choose if I wish to load the XP of C: drive or D: drive?

A:How to choose HDD from which XP will boot?

try f10 during post to bring up a boot menu.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-choose-hdd-from-which-xp-will-boot-601674.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi!I have a dilemma!I want to buy a printer but I don't know which one to choose I've selected two:HP LaserJet 1018 and Canon I-Sensys LBP2900. I don't know which is better and which one to choose.Can you help me. I won't print piles of sheets so it's not important how many pages per minute it prints....the biggest concern is for the toner box (i don't know the name in english . HP or Canon...that is the question!If you have other suggestions..please tell me!

A:Choose a printer?!

Well Canon really isn't known for laser printers and I tried to find out what I could on this one and gave up. That said HP is the "king" when it comes to laser printers and theirs last forever and the inks really are amongst the most reasonable so based on my ability to find nothing about that Canon I would go with the HP for reputation and experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choose-a-printer.695819/
Relevancy 33.54%

Heres the story, I bought a Gateway P-6860FX, it broke and I get a replacement. BestBuy is giving me a $1200 credit. Since it broke months ago, I would like the new one to have slightly better hardware.

My choices seem to be:
- Get another Gateway 6860 FX
- Acer Aspire AS8930-6243
- Asus G50Vt-X1 (Reviews state "poor contrast and very limited viewing angles")
- Asus G71V-X2
- Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q705

Gateway 7811 FX seems to be unavailable.

Any recommendations? And if anyone has the Asus from above, how is the screen?

TIA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-which-one-to-choose.775834/
Relevancy 33.54%

I Choose Which Motherboard? You made a post before about possible doa or fried motherboard and tried and tried to fix the issue myself and it all failed so I proceeded with an RMA after shipping the board back the place I bought it from they told me through email quot We recently received your RMA and are now beginning to process the return Unfortunately the product you sent us is presently out-of-stock or was recently discontinued from our inventory We will send you a follow-up email in - business days to offer you a comparable replacement item or a refund for the current market value Refunds do not apply to Items with lifetime warranty and refunds will never exceed original purchase amount quot It was discontinued and I had paid usd for it at the time then later on I seen the price went up to usd and now they ve discontinued it and I looked on several other Which Motherboard? You Choose sites and the Which Motherboard? You Choose motherboard is around usd or so there as well As they said quot refunds will never exceed original purchase amount quot so I d have to choose something similar quot EVGA -CK-NF -T LGA NVIDIA nForce i LT SLI ATX Intel Motherboard quot usd on their site and it s the same as I paid for the origional mother board I bought or quot ASUS P N-E SLI LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard quot usd on their site It seems this one doesn t have the pci express expansion slot and this one also only has usb ports no big deal I guess Or alternatively I could spend another usd and get the same motherboard from another site which I ve had issues with as well as alot of other people according to reviews I read on it Alot of people have Which Motherboard? You Choose told me to go with ASUS for quality but I just want the best motherboard out of the two here are the specs EVGA - CPU Type Quad-core Core Extreme Core Duo Pentium ASUS - Intel Socket Core amp Quad Pentium Extreme Pentium D Pentium Celeron Processors EVGA -FSB MHz ASUS - FSB MHz EVGA - DDR up to GB ASUS - DDR up to GB EVGA - x PCIE x xPCI Express x x PCI Slots ASUS - x PCIe x Single VGA mode x Default SLI mode x x x PCIe x x PCI EVGA - PATA x ATA x SATA Gb s NV RAID JBOD ASUS - x UltraDMA xSATA RAID JBOD x External Serial ATA EVGA - Mbps ASUS - Gigabit LAN featuring AI Net Marvell E PHY EVGA - Audio Channels Channels ASUS - Realtek ALC -Channel CODEC EVGA - Rear Panel Ports PS x x USB x IEEE a S PDIF Out Audio Ports ASUS - x Parallel x PS Keyboard x PS Mouse x External SATA x S PDIF Out x IEEE a x LAN RJ port x USB -Channel Audio I O EVGA - Package Contents Driver Disk Rear I O Panel Shield IDE PATA Cable FDD Cable SATA Cable -pin to SATA Power Cable SLI Bridge ASUS - User s manual SLI bridge USB module x UltraDMA cables x Floppy disk drive cables x SATA cables SATA power cables I O Shield in Q-connector I O Shield So should I get the EVGA board or the ASUS one nbsp

A:Which Motherboard? You Choose

They are both good reliable boards.
I would go with the Asus board as it gives a bit more flexibility with i/o connectivity.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-motherboard-you-choose.671302/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am considering buying a Thinkpad Yoga 260. There is no price difference between one with NFC and one without.
My phone is a Lumia 950, and as far as I know, that's the bonly thing I own that is NFC-enabled. Would it be useful for me?
And on the flipside: Is it a serious security risk?
Just wondering if anyone is using NFC with their phone, and how they like it.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/434609-would-you-choose-laptop-nfc.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm building a computer and i've been posting threads so i get the best stuff and i don't no what case to choose.
My computer is going to be a gaming computer
these are the two cases i've picked out

Xoxide X-Turbine Case
Picture From http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cases/X-Turbine/index.htm

Antec Performance TX1050B Picture From http://www.legitreviews.com/article/200/1/
computer i'm going to build is going to have
AMD Athlon 3700
1gb of PC400 DDR Ram
Maxtor 120GB DiamondMax Plus 9 Hard drive
Asus A8V-E SE Motherboard
LG Super Multi DVD Writer 16x16 DVD +/-RW
Enermax 420W EG425P-VE SFMA Noisetaker PSU (If I get the Xoxide X-Turbine Case)
ATI Radeon Sapphire X550

Relevancy 33.54%

Which is better Sony xperia M2 or xperia SP?

A:Which smartphone to choose?

They are very similar and have their positive and negatives. I would way the M2 since it is a year newer and it has a better CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-smartphone-to-choose.204586/
Relevancy 33.54%

im thinking of buying a new head set and im not sure which one to get if anyone knows anything about either pair i would be thankful for think insight

Razer Barracuda

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153002

or

abs az1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826279001&Tpk=abs az1

price really isnt the issue those two are the only ones that seems to catch my eye so if anyone knows anything aobut them or has personal experience i would be thankful for the feedback

A:Which headset should I choose

If price is no concern, go for the Razer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-headset-should-i-choose.123554/