Windows Support Forum

Drivers always prompting to re-install (windows XP)

Q: Drivers always prompting to re-install (windows XP)

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure whether this is the correct place to post this (I'm new here). Sorry if it's the wrong place!

So my problem is I am running a laptop on windows XP. Every time I start up the computer, it prompts me to install device drivers (HID-compliant devices and stuff). The weird part is, I've already installed those drivers when I first got the computer. I've learned to just press cancel every time those prompts pop up, but I'm wondering if I'm able to stop them from popping up every single time I start the computer. I'm also curious as to why it's doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel core 2 duo
RAM: 2GB DDR3 RAM
Brand: Lenovo R500
Graphics: Intel R 4 series express chipset family (on-board)

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Drivers always prompting to re-install (windows XP)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Drivers always prompting to re-install (windows XP)

I'm far from an expert, but why not let them install to see if it quits prompting you? If all else fails, you can roll them back. After all, they could be "updated drivers". Just my thoughts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drivers-always-prompting-to-re-install-windows-xp.196822/
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm staying on IE 8 because of IE 9's lack of a search box. The problem I'm having is that every time I bring up my machine, I get a Windows Update message informing me that I have a critical update to install - the update is IE 9. Each day I uncheck the selection and don't install IE 9. How do I get Windows Update to stop prompting me to install IE 9. Thanks.

A:How do I get Windows Update to stop prompting me to install IE9 ?

egertz

Here you go.> Windows Update - Hide or Restore Hidden Updates

Step by step instructions with pictures.
If you decide to install IE9 later you just restore.

Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/176569-how-do-i-get-windows-update-stop-prompting-me-install-ie9.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all I head to installed install Windows update prompting to already updates [SOLVED] this section on advise by a Moderator from the Virus trojan Spyware Help section After cleaning the machine from a rootkit I have this issue I removed and then reinstalled SP twice and after downoading the updates now my [SOLVED] Windows update prompting to install updates already installed pc prompts me to install updates that appear to be already in the system The last update haunting me is KB before it was KB After every reboot I have the yellow update icon on the toolbar down on the left close to the clock If start the installation procedure it ends telling me it is impossible to install I tried to download it directly from Microsoft download center and the result is an installation error quot update cannot be installed as a newer or same timezone has already been installed on the System quot If I search the system I find the update in these directories C Windows System CatRoot F E C - EE- D - E - C FC EE C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download be e e f a d d e e update C Windows SoftwareDistribution Download old be e e f a d d e e update C Windows Prefetch Please note that the system now appears to be cleared from malware

A:[SOLVED] Windows update prompting to install updates already installed

Go to Control Panel/Date and Time make sure that your computer is in the Right time zone for your area, and the check box for automatically update for Daylight Savings time is checked. Then go to the Internet Time tab and update your time to the current time. then you can try the Update again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-update-prompting-to-install-updates-already-installed-635744.html
Relevancy 58.05%

IE 9, 64-bit won't display flash objects on web pages, prompts me to install Flash Player, which I have done now A DOZEN TIMES... Most times now when I click on <Install Flash> it does NOTHING, and I am left without the ability to properly view flash objects on the web. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING and how can I fix it?

Thanks for any and all advice. Running WIndows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

A:IE Keeps Prompting for Flash Install!!!

Well IE-64 needs a special version of Flash for 64 bit. You should go to adobes website and look for it dirctly.

But also, if you have active X filtering on by default on the internet zone (which you should), you will also get this message. So in that case click the little blue circle with a slash to the right of the URL window and turn off active X filtering for that page...

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/180411-ie-keeps-prompting-flash-install.html
Relevancy 56.76%
Relevancy 56.33%

Dear All Man do I love Tech Support Guy What a great service On to my Java Me To Keeps Plug-In Prompting Installed, Again! Install Have Latest question The Java plug-in I believe for Chrome keeps prompting me to download the latest version The problem is that almost each time I do so it is the version I already have installed Over time this has become a first-class hassle What s going on here Suggestions Even if I reinstall the prompting continues on a weekly or bi-monthly basis Thanks and Happy Holidays - LR Tech Support Guy System Have Latest Java Plug-In Installed, Keeps Prompting Me To Install Again! Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Mobile M AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Have Latest Java Plug-In Installed, Keeps Prompting Me To Install Again! Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus System Shield Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Have Latest Java Plug-In Installed, Keeps Prompting Me To Install Again!

Please run this scan and post the log:

Download Security Check by screen317 from Here or Here.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe (Vista or Windows 7 users right click and select "Run as Administrator") and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. Press any key when asked.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please Copy & Paste the contents of that document into your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-latest-java-plug-in-installed-keeps-prompting-me-to-install-again.1078898/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am trying to install some widcomm bluetooth drivers but everytime I plug in the usb adapter windows install it's own drivers. I tried manually updating the drivers from device manager but it doesn't allow it.
Is ther a way to stop windows from installing the drivers to begin with?

A:Trying to install widcomm drivers. Getting overrun by windows drivers

First. Do not connect the usb device.

Install the drivers for the device, and only connect the device when either prompted to do so, or after the installation is complete.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-widcomm-drivers-getting-overrun-by-windows-drivers.33611/
Relevancy 52.03%

HI, I just installed windows 2000 professional onto my computer. Everything works fine except that the resolution is really grainy. On some web sites I cannot even make out what the words are. I found out that when I go into my monitor settings in display properties I am unable to install the drivers for my monitor. Does anybody know a way in which I can get around this.

A:monitor drivers unable to install on fresh windows 2000 install

Are you really referring to the monitor drivers or the Dispay Adapter drivers?The symptoms you describe sound like the latter issue.

Monitor drivers are no big deal to install, and even if you don't, Windows should use compatible plug and play drivers. Still it's a good idea to install them -- but you get them from the Monitor vendor site. You get the Display Adapter drivers from the Display Adaptor vendor's site.

What Display Adapter model do you have? And are they properly installed?

To install a Monitor driver, you download and unzip the .inf file from the Vendor. Then you select "update driver" and browse to the location of the file you unzipped. Once installed your Monitor should be recognized by model number.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-drivers-unable-to-install-on-fresh-windows-2000-install.354181/
Relevancy 51.6%

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite C50 loaded with windows 8 but want to revert to windows 7.

I have downloaded the necessary drivers and have mounted the .exe files onto a USB pen for installation.

Before I proceed to wipe windows 8 I'd like to know - if I install 7, will my trackpad stop functioning?

If so, how do I install the relevant drivers from the USB pen?

Thanks, John

A:Clean install of windows 7 - how to install drivers from USB memory stick?

99.9% sure that W7 will identify the trackpad and install it. You just run the exe's using file explorer or Start >Run then browse. You may decide to leave the laptop as the W7 install left it but you should check Device Manager to ensure there are no unrecognised devices

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73750-Clean-install-of-windows-7-how-to-install-drivers-from-USB-memory-stick
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone this network install boot-up after XP sp3 problem Windows and install Hi! drivers is my first time here Hopefully someone can shed some light on this problem as it has made everything grind to a halt My main computer just died so I figured I'd take my old computer which was never hooked up to the internet in order to always keep it clean as a baby's rear end and use it to run either diagnostics and or data recovery software on my malfunctioning C drive from my dead computer The Hi! Windows XP boot-up problem after sp3 install and network drivers install old computer had XP pro sp on it with a P processor and an Intel board The first obstacle was getting it online Simply plugging in the networking cable did nothing After endless amounts of reading it seems that because they computer was never meant to be online the networking or LAN drivers were never installed After many tries and much confusion I finally had someone find them online for me put the drivers on a thumbdrive and after a few attempts I was able to get this old girl connected But I must say for those who don't really know what they are doing very well the procedure for setting up the network connections was anything but easy The automated system for doing it failed every time No reason way So I finally managed to do it manually somehow To be honest I don't even remember now When you attempt to do something for hours in a row trying every possible solution it's easy to forget specifics Anyway I got hooked into the internet The next step was upgrading to SP which I had already placed on the desktop of the computer years ago That seemed to go well In addition to the LAN drivers I also had a bios update The person who got those for me knows far more than I do so I simply clicked on the exe for the bios update without questioning it which I assume was the latest version made for this old motherboard the Intel D PBZ After it was started it said to wait at least minutes An hour later the screen was still black Something was clearly wrong After more exhaustive trail and error it seems the bios update changed what I guess is called the Boot order I think So I figured out how to get into the bios I'd already been warned to NEVER change anything there without advice from an experienced individual Sure enough the st boot device was set to a floppy drive which the computer doesn't have Not knowing which of the three hard drives the OS was on I simply kept changing the boot order and on the second try Windows booted up All was well Or so I thought I started the long process of putting Firefox on it and making small changes All of this was for no reason other than gearing up for the upcoming data recovery attempt on the dead C drive from my other system I started browsing all of the many programs available for this purpose and R-Studio was decided upon Again all seemed well I had not yet even got the point of downloading the R-Studio recovery software yet when something horrible happened Sorry for taking so long to get to the point but I am always afraid I'll leave something important out which will help you guys advise me At this point I had to restart the computer for some reason Can't remember why After seeming like it was going to restart as usual it was taking to that black screen which asks you if you want to boot up in safe mode safe mode with networking normal mode or the last known good configuration Huh Why on earth did that happen I hoped it was just a minor glitch and it would be resolved after the restart So I selected Start Normally if that's what the terms were and it didn't work it just brought me back to the same black screen asking which mode I wanted to boot up into This time I selected Safe Mode Same thing right back to the black mode selection screen So I tried Normal again and it didn't work of course But I did notice something which might be important During the first few seconds while it was attempting to boot into Windows normally I... Read more

A:Hi! Windows XP boot-up problem after sp3 install and network drivers install

After tapping F8 is there a selection called Disable Autorestart on System Failure? Select it and the next time you boot the BSOD will stay on the screen.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624621/hi-windows-xp-boot-up-problem-after-sp3-install-and-network-drivers-install/
Relevancy 51.17%

How do you REACTIVATE the option that asks you if you "are sure you want to download..." whenever you click on a download like.... in WINDOWS XP SP1. I have looked in all internet options to get this dialog box working again and I can't find the setting options anywhere. It's great to have on just so you don't accidentally start downloadiing AND OPENING things you don't want. Where are these stting located please? Thank you!

A:Download Prompting in Windows XP

Go to Tools>Internet options>Security>Custom level>go down to Downloads and select enable.

[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-prompting-in-windows-xp.441424/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello folks. I am having an issue with one of my PCs - it has just started to spontaineously open Windows Help Dialog Boxes. I had 24 open at one time! Everytime I tried to type an address into the browser, it would open a help box when I click on the address field. Sometimes they just appear without prompting. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Have any suggestions? It gets crazy when all of a sudden they start multiplying!

I have run a registry repair and Microsoft anti-spyware scans and found nothing. I am using EZ Antivirus as well. I have run HijackThis and have the file if needed.

Thanks, and I will take all input as useful, even if it seems crazy

Brad

Relevancy 51.17%

I have searched but can not find an answer to this.

I have a local account setup. Sometimes after reboot i get prompted for an email address instead of the local computer login.

I have went so far as to unhook the ethernet cable and disable wireless, and it still ask's for an email address.

What is going on?

If I hold the shift key down after restarting, it will go to a local computer login.

A:Windows 8.1 prompting for an email log in ...

How to switch your Windows 8.1 log-in to a local account

http://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-switch-your-windows-8-1-log-in-to-a-local-account/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563778/windows-81-prompting-for-an-email-log-in/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi

I'm running windows 7 pro connected to my office domain, Every now and then it's prompting for Administrator password for every single updates like Skype, Adobe PDF. is there any workarround to get updated these without these passwords ?

A:Windows 7 Prompting Password for Updates

Please refer this to your system administrator - It's often policy in a domain scenario to require passwords for any changes, It may be possible that the Administrator will set Up your computer with you as a local administrator for your system which will allow these updates.

We as a forum cannot help you circumvent any security systems put in place by your employer

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384904-windows-7-prompting-password-updates.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My Setup I have a Windows Home Premium Windows Password 8 for Share Prompting PC acting as a server It has Password Protected Sharing Turned Off andit has 'Everyone' permission on both the folder share and folder security Now in past especially with Windows this was enough to make this work but something must be different with Windows My other W PC is using a microsoft account so it does Windows 8 Share Prompting for Password have a password What Happens When I browse to the server I get prompted for username and pass if I spam anything into the username field it will let me in What I know will fix it Adding my username and password to the server that is on my W PC What I don't want to do See above So does anyone have any idea how to get around this issue I want the share to be open as possible without prompting for password for anyone I'm guessing the issue is because my other PC has a password but it doesn't make sense that it is prompting me when everyone should have access regardless

A:Windows 8 Share Prompting for Password

What about stuff in the Public folder? Can you access files there without a password?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53462-windows-8-share-prompting-password.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My mouse keyboard usb dac and virtual dvd drive are all having problems with drivers I can own, install can't let Windows on me won't its install. manually drivers plug my keyboard in wherever I want and use it in the bios but once i get to windows i have a whole two usb ports that my keyboard works in anymore This is the result of a number of failed attempts by windows to find and install generic driver software which I don't actually need Windows can't install drivers on its own, won't let me manually install. because the keyboard works just fine in some ports and before i accidentally let windows try to find the drivers it worked smoothly in the others as well This is the case for all of the listed devices Whenever I ask windows to install driver software it tells me that i have to insert a disc incidentally Windows can't install drivers on its own, won't let me manually install. none of these devices come with discs because windows si supposed to have the drivers by default When I click other options and set it to browse my entire drive for drivers it gives me an error message that says that it found driver software but the selected file could not be found For everything and then whatever it is is unable to work in that port again I tried downloading microsofts intellipoint drivers and that didn't work Windows can't install drivers on its own, won't let me manually install. Please help me fix this so I dont have to re install

A:Windows can't install drivers on its own, won't let me manually install.

It sounds like you're not logged in as the administrator?

If you right click on one of the .exe files and select "run as administrator", does that work.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/294338-windows-cant-install-drivers-its-own-wont-let-me-manually-install.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Good Morning,

I have a laptop that is running Windows 8.  I have used IE, Firefox, and Chrome and run multiple software scans to find the problem but it still persists.

While open (and sometimes not open) my browser will spontaneously open new tabs (or windows) directing me to another site.  Some sites are so controlling that I can't get rid of the tab.

I've gone into all the Chrome and FF extensions and deleted everything that I don't use AND is from non-reputable organizations.

Do you have any suggestions for how to find whatever malware is plaguing my poor laptop?

Thank you very much in advance -and- sincerely,

Luke

A:Browser windows open without prompting/randomly

Ah, looks like some sort of malware is installed. I would suggest running a Mal ware byte scan. http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and post back if anything comes back reported.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557096/browser-windows-open-without-promptingrandomly/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I was attempting to fix my other computer. Internet explorer would start up and multiple windows would keep popping up and up, all come with a cannot find server error, must have been a virus, or some sort of adware stuff. You couldn't do anythgin with internet explorer, was going too crazy.

I brought Ad-aware to the computer, and scanned everything, it found well over 150 infected components, or whatever they call it, and there were over 400 "objects" which I ended up deleting.

I remove these, and reboot the computer. It starts up and now asks for a password to login to windows xp for all accounts! Passwords were never set like this. What can I do now?

Anyone know what's going on, any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-prompting-for-password-after-spyware-deleted-help-please-7032.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My elderly dad uses an old desktop that I purchased when SE was king If he wanted a new desktop I would buy it for HJT Log Explorer - Firewall About Clean Prompting Keeps is Windows him immediately of the time he uses the web for email only I m constantly checking and updating the system for HJT Log is Clean - Firewall Keeps Prompting About Windows Explorer him A couple of weeks ago the firewall started prompting with a popup that usually means - MALWARE ALERT Here HJT Log is Clean - Firewall Keeps Prompting About Windows Explorer s the text of the popup quot Windows Explorer has changed since the last time you opened it HJT Log is Clean - Firewall Keeps Prompting About Windows Explorer This could be because you have updated it recently Do you want to allow it access to the network quot Even when my dad puts a tick in the quot remember quot box the same popup keeps repeating I found numerous posts on this forum and many others about this potential malware threat I ran a couple of antivirus apps which found nothing HijackThis created a very short log compared to many others I ve seen There isn t a whole lot of stuff running on this old Gateway I can t find anything that looks like malware Some of the startup items may look strange I ve been creating scripts for years that control and automate all sorts of processes on my home and business desktops Those file names like Goodby Transtext lnk and DeleteVirtural CD Key lnk are shortcuts to my own scripts I can assure you my scripts are not trying to break through the firewall to access the web In fact I ve created scripts for my business that add layers of protection to our LAN Here s the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C PROGRAM FILES LOGITECH MOUSEWARE SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MONITUSB EXE G CACHE amp MEMORY MAXMEM MAXMEM EXE G OPTIMIZE WIN ND EDITION DESTROY SPYWARE amp TROJANS HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title SerFar Explores The Web O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - D INTERNET APPLICATIONS UP amp DOWNLOAD FLASHGET JCCATCH DLL O - BHO Implements TweakBHO - DAAC DE- EF - FF -BFA -AFF E C - D INTERN MODEMT TWEAKM TWEAKBHO DLL O - BHO BHOcl Class - D BB E- DF- D -AE - - G TASKBAR amp CONTEXT MENU CONTEXTMENU CONTROFREAK BHO DLL O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - G OPTIMI DESTRO SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - D GRAPHICAL TOOLS SCREEN CAPTURE SNAGIT SNAGITIEADDIN DLL O - Toolbar PopUpCop - DB E E -FF A- - C E-F A A - D INTERNET APPLICATIONS POPUPCOP POPUPCOP DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA LOGITECH MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run LogoSwitch change logos D GRAPHICAL TOOLS GRAPHICS EDITING LOGOSWITCH lswitch exe Auto O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run SMI USB Monitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM monitusb exe O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKCU RunServicesOnce washindex G Optimize Win nd Edition Trash Removal Window Washer washidx exe O - HKUS DEFAULT RunServicesOnce washindex G Optimize Win nd Edition Trash Removal Window Washer washidx exe User Default user O - DEFAULT Startup TransText lnk D Graphical Tools Icon Apps amp Collections TransText TransText exe User Default user O - DEFAULT Startup MaxMem lnk G Cache amp Memory MaxMem maxmem exe User Defau... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-log-is-clean-firewall-keeps-prompting-about-windows-explorer.897861/
Relevancy 49.88%

won't receive or send messages on only 1 of my 3 email addresses - did troubleshoooting: entered password - this behavior came out of nowhere - no changes or new software - I checked settings with provider - they are correct -turned off avast email shield - made sure WLM is default email provider - went to unistall and did repair - I've tried deleting the account and re-creating it in the past - this doesn't work - NO luck. I'm getting the "put your password in box" loop along with Server error 0x800CCC90 & WLM error 0x8000CCC92. Any help would be appreciated. I know this is a common error, but there doesn't seem to be a common fix.

A:windows live mail keeps prompting for password

Greetings, ike529az

I had the same issue with WLM, which I never found a cure for the error message.
( Even though I use Windows? 7, my other ? uses Vista?, and this solution worked well for her too.)
The solution was to download, and install, Mozilla Thunderbird.
Thunderbird allows you to download multiple email address, and keep them separately, without having to go to a website to download emails.

Download Mozilla Thunderbird.

I have disabled WLM, and have Thunderbird as my default email client.
If you decide to use Mozilla Thunderbird, you can create different folders for each email address; this is done in the Account Settings.
The folders I created for each of my email accounts are:
Drafts; Sent; Junk; Deleted; Saved.
The email setup wizard will assist with setting up each individual email address.
Hopefully this gives you food for thought; please post back with your queries/concerns.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-mail-keeps-prompting-for-password-683870.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there.

I would like to be able to ftp files out using a batch/command script but prior to that I would like to be able to prompt a user at a DOS prompt asking them to enter a filename, then, that filename would be used to identify the file to ftp.

The ftp script is not a problem, but I have no idea on how you can prompt a user for a filename, if that is even possible?

thanks.
cg.

A:Windows Scripts - prompting for user input

Here is what ive come up with so far... it does not work though.

SCRIPT 1:
@echo off

set /p filename=Please enter the filename.

echo %filename% is the file name you typed

put %filename% >> filename.txt

ftp -s:C:\BATCH\FTPSCRIPT.cmd

SCRIPT 2:
open x.x.x.x
userid
password
bin
prompt
var=findstr %filename% C:\Batch\easy.bat
rem put \\TORGFP2PNT\DBMktg\DAS\FTP\Mail_File\Mail_Files\%var%
bye

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-scripts-prompting-for-user-input.246741/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just got a notice that says I need to re-validate my Windows within three days because of a recent major hardware change. However, I've made no changes to my system whatsoever; the hardware it came with when I purchased about a year and a half ago is the same hardware I'm using now.

However, this is not the default OS that the computer came with when it was manufactured. I bought it used, and Windows 7 was put on it with a disc. I don't have the activation key for my Windows, but I did a check and it is genuine.

Is there anything I can do to fix my problem?

A:Windows Prompting for Re-Activation, no hardware change

I'm no expert but I do know what the experts will want to start off with.

Please complete this tutorial by Brink so the experts can look at the log.

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344176-windows-prompting-re-activation-no-hardware-change.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I was attempting to fix my other computer. Internet explorer would start up and multiple windows would keep popping up and up, all come with a cannot find server error, must have been a virus, or some sort of adware stuff. You couldn't do anythgin with internet explorer, was going too crazy.

I brought Ad-aware to the computer, and scanned everything, it found well over 150 infected components, or whatever they call it, and there were over 400 "objects" which I ended up deleting.

I remove these, and reboot the computer. It starts up and now asks for a password to login to windows xp for all accounts! Passwords were never set like this.

Anyone know what's going on, any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

A:Windows XP prompting for password after spyware deleted, help please!

I can't explain why that happened but can help with a soluion to stop the phenomena from continuing. Download tweak ui for xp and open it as well as extend logon and put a check in the "auto logon " box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-prompting-for-password-after-spyware-deleted-help-please.158181/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone Just a little info beforehand I've had this same problem before with a completely different Asus laptop that would revert to the preinstalled copy of from without the user prompting the laptop to do so See this thread for more details This Toshiba laptop is using the Refresh feature to revert to the recovery image but runs from without 8.1 refresh Windows user prompting keep the user's files intact I had setup this laptop for them with Classic Shell and made sure that all access to Modern apps was disabled Since the only way to run a Refresh is from Windows 8.1 runs refresh without prompting from user the PC Settings app it would be virtually impossible for them to get to the Refresh feature I honestly don't think they would even know what it would do I had created links to the Internet and to Facebook on the desktop that's about all they use it for Anyway I know how to make it less of a hassle if the Windows 8.1 runs refresh without prompting from user automatic Refresh happens again thanks to KYHI and SIW in this thread but what I'd really like to figure out is why this is happening and how I can prevent it on this laptop and in the Windows 8.1 runs refresh without prompting from user future Like the previous laptop the event logs have been wiped so I can't see what happens leading up to the Refresh happening This is the third laptop with this issue including the Gateway that I ended up leaving at so any info or ideas as to how to fix this would be appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/64888-windows-8-1-runs-refresh-without-prompting-user.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I was actually getting ready to post here about my x problem but reading other posts realized that my motherboard drivers were freakishly out of date versions forgot about them last time I was installing a system I dled all new ones installed them all performed a restart and then used newly installed ASUS Suite to update my BIOS Not sure if that's relevant but after that last successful startup there was a bunch on popups asking for promision to launch several application related to the driver update I imagine I agreed to all of those and nothing beyond that happened I did not restart computer again before performing BIOS upgrade BIOS itself seems to work just fine When I attempted to start system with new BIOS my computer restarts about Drivers" Windows install to option. drivers How Recovery "Load using sec after starting animation begins I can only launch it in quot Startup Repair quot mode and it communicates that automatic repair was impossible For those reasons i can't provide that archive with dumps and whatnot Safe Mode isn't working either I'll rewrite problem signature quot System Repair quot provided Problem Event How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option. Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature unknown AutoFailover BadDriver OS Version Locale ID Forgive me shitty formatting but am on the phone right now

A:How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option.

See if you can do a system restore from boot (option two here - System Restore )

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365501-how-install-drivers-using-windows-recovery-load-drivers-option.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello there I am having some problems with the PC Windows freezing, without too it BSOD, resumes etc. Windows prompting that was recently put together November I have attached the all BSOD, Windows freezing, Windows resumes without prompting it too etc. the DMP files so you can better understanding of the problems The problems only seem for now to happen when the PC has been left idle i e goes into sleep mode or is just sitting and not using any programs if you are doing something say playing a game it will not have any issues but if nothing is happening the below problems then surface It resets on its own and you get that menu saying Windows did not shut down properly when it resets BSOD, Windows freezing, Windows resumes without prompting it too etc. asking you to please choose from the following options Windows in safe mode normal load etc BSOD, Windows freezing, Windows resumes without prompting it too etc. Sometimes if it goes into sleep mode it gets stuck there and will actually need to be forced to turned off either by holding in the power button switching the power switch off on the back of the case or turning off the power via the wall and when it has been turned on again it doesn t start Windows normally but instead goes into resume mode and anything that you were working on before it went into sleep mode will still be there but Windows doesn t run as smoothly until you reset it via the Windows menu There will also be a blue screen of death from time to time which will show briefly before resetting and in this instance the computer will continue to go into a continuous reset before it even goes into the bios load screen basically just turns on and off repeatedly As with the previous example you need to reset it via holding in the button or turning it off via the case or the wall In this instance you have to leave it to sit for a while or it will continue to do the reset cycle i e won t even be able to load the bios Another symptom I have seen is that Windows will just freeze this is not as common as the previous examples but it has the same outcome being where you have to forcefully shut it down and then when it restarts it will say it is resuming Windows and not just loading windows All of the above happen sporadically so it is difficult to show by just turning on the PC which is quite annoying as it seems it is working fine for hours and all of a sudden you leave it for a moment and it starts to have problems I know there is an option to turn of sleep mode but I don t want to do that as it should work like it is supposed to because it is a new PC I have tried the below FYI I have a Belkin surge protector I swapped it over with another one I have to make sure that wasn t the problem I tried a different power cable from the PC into the new surge protector and I even used an extension cable so that I could plug it into a different wall socket in my home I checked if it had any viruses by using AVG free edition updated fully and Malware bytes free edition updated fully none were found I checked cleaned my registry with Eusing Free Registry Cleaner and CCleaner both updated fully I unplugged any peripheral hardware not the keyboard and mouse I have a HP printer Logitech speakers and a Netgear N-Wireless adapter Windows is updated fully as well as having the latest catalyst drivers for the HD Let me know if you need anymore information hope you can help Thanks Kean

A:BSOD, Windows freezing, Windows resumes without prompting it too etc.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/136209-bsod-windows-freezing-windows-resumes-without-prompting-too-etc.html
Relevancy 49.45%

This laptop was bought with a Windows OS to HP Windows prompting Envy Installation... Upgrade SSD 6-1014 pre-installed nbsp About a year ago HP Envy 6-1014 Upgrade to SSD prompting Windows Installation... nbsp I HP Envy 6-1014 Upgrade to SSD prompting Windows Installation... took advantage of the free Windows upgrade nbsp No problem and so far so good nbsp Today I decided to upgrade my factory HDD to a SSD to improve performance nbsp I clone the entire HDD using Macrium Reflect and it went ase expected nbsp nbsp After switching out the disk drives and upon booting up to the SSD I am taken to the Windows Boot Manager screen nbsp It recognizes that I have a hardware change HDD - gt SDD and suggested I boot with the Windows Instalation Disk Select Language and Next before choosing Repair option nbsp How do I get around this issue as I never gotten a Windows Installation disk no CD drive on this model nbsp On the Windows Boot Manager there is a subsequent screen to select an OS nbsp Although I can see the Windows option after selecting the option it takes me right back to the Windows Boot Manager screen nbsp Any help you HP Envy 6-1014 Upgrade to SSD prompting Windows Installation... can provide would be much appreciated nbsp Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-6-1014-Upgrade-to-SSD-prompting-Windows-Installation/td-p/5698578
Relevancy 49.45%

hi all,

im having a problem with a friends computer.... when installing a file (aplication) i downloaded from the net (and others) after prompting me to enter an admin password says the file cannot be found!

the file is definately there....

any suggestions

thanks for your time

jules

Relevancy 49.02%

The site would not accept my title The title should be Windows Security Popup Username/Password. [SOLVED] for Prompting Popup Security not Windows not Prompting for Username Password Hi I seem to be having an issue with one of our end user's logging into a website Freddie Mac's Loan Prospector - Your Home for More Loans This started happening whenever I swapped out the user's old [SOLVED] Windows Security Popup not Prompting for Username/Password. XP pc for a new W pc Whenever they click on the link to log into the web page they get a message saying quot The server loanprospector com at quot Freddie Mac Secure Domain quot requires a username and password quot but there are no text boxes for the user to input a username password The W machine that replaced the XP computer was imaged using Acronis not sure if it has anything to do with it or not and I did try to log into the website via a different W machine that was imaged Some of the machines would prompt for a username password but others would not I have tried adding the website to the trusted sites disabled a v turned off UAC settings turned off pop-up blocker but nothing seems to be working I called Freddie Mac and spoke with them but they flat out told me to call Microsoft about the issue I was hoping you guys could provide some input before I tried dealing with Microsoft Any help suggestions are welcome and appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Windows Security Popup not Prompting for Username/Password.

Hi, could be from the image seeing an old mac address in ARP cache , best way is to delete cache, windows will build a new fresh one. Open a cmd as admin, go to start search and type:-cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:-

netsh interface ip delete arpcache (press enter) should say OK, no need to restart, try now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-security-popup-not-prompting-for-username-password-801178.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I just signed up on the forum and I am really hoping that you guys have some ideas on how to fix the Windows install problem I am having I offered to one of my kids friends parents that I would take a look at their desktop for them as it was not loading windows I ran some diagnostics on it but nothing showed up I figured I would just format and re install Windows which I was able to install asking drivers?? new for Windows 7 format using Acronis as all other attempts failed I was told by a friend of mine who is at a higher level than me in computers that I should go to Microsoft's website and download an image that matches what the Windows 7 new install asking for drivers?? product key Windows 7 new install asking for drivers?? sticker says which is Windows Home Premium I go to the image burned it to a DVD using image Burn and now every time that I boot to the disc and tell it to install windows it will start to load the setup files but will abruptly stop and ask for the location of the drivers I really am at a loss here as the only drivers I have for the computer are two discs' that she gave me Any help would be appreciated The computer is a Dell Inspiron Ghz Gig Ram Other than the specs above I don't know a whole lot about this computer

A:Windows 7 new install asking for drivers??

I wonder if its looking for the Motherboard drivers?Mentioned in thread below.If thats the case you will have to download and pass over by usb.sometimes you can run an install a few times and it will take,but sounds like youv done that.

Also possible you got a bad burn of the iso,you could try a usb install and see if that works.

http://superuser.com/questions/401532/why-does-windows-7-ask-for-additional-drivers-when-installing-from-a-usb-3-0-dri

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540529/windows-7-new-install-asking-for-drivers/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi right now I m going around every PC support board I can find in order to solve this problem I ve been having on my laptop For some reason now whenever I try to plug in a new USB device that s plug-n-play meaning it shouldn t require any installation procedure like my PSP an external hard drive or even a new USB flash drive the Found New Hardware Wizard will appear search for the drivers to install the hardware won t find them and then simply won t install the device The only USB devices it takes now seem to be things that were already installed long ago like one of my USB flash drives my mouse my camera and New XP USB Windows Install Drivers Won't my printer Nothing else works When I tried to contact Dell we tried to uninstall every USB driver in the computer and then reinstall them and Windows XP would not accept any of them After that Dell said that I needed to reinstall Windows but I m sure there must be some other way to fix this problem On top of that because nothing new I try works I don t have any way of transferring anything from my computer that won t fit on the MB flash Windows XP Won't Install New USB Drivers drive that I have for it which means I have absolutely Windows XP Won't Install New USB Drivers no way of backing up most of the stuff on this computer Has anyone else ever had this problem nbsp

A:Windows XP Won't Install New USB Drivers

I think it's a procedural issue to make this work.

uninstall the device driver(s) and the HUB too
power off (not restart)
now cable the device to your system and then power it on (if applicaable)
boot your system
The driver for the USB HUB and the specific device should be reinstalled for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-wont-install-new-usb-drivers.69401/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello

I'm going to make a clean install of Windows 7 on my new Crucial mx100. My desktop is some years now...and the motherboard i'm using is Asus P5Q. The dvd(motherboard drivers) is to old and will not open in Windows 7. My question is...will windows update find all the proper "drivers" and install them, or do i have to install the "motherboards drivers" like chipset, audio, ethernet and sata from Asus website?
Or if everything looks ok in the "device manager" after Windows 7 install and update...do i still need to download "motherboard drivers"?

Regards Knupp

A:Install windows 7 and drivers

Follow these same steps for Clean Reinstall Windows 7 especially the steps pertaining to drivers which are printed in red.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/360320-install-windows-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I burnt a copy of the Dell Recovery CD but i also went to http://support.dell.com to get all the drivers i'd need but i have no idea which ones im supposed to d/l.. i put in my service tag and it gave me 66 total items still.. so could someone help point out which ones i'm supposed to d/l?

heres a direct link with my service tag put in...

http://support.dell.com/support/down...&catid=&impid=

i have a new video card and audio card so i lalready have the drivers for those but everything else i have no idea...

A:Help with drivers after re-install of windows..

Hi hype88
Click Start and right click on "My Computer"
and select "Properties". Click the Hardware tab
then "Device Manager". Are there any Yellow question marks
beside any of the items listed for example:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-drivers-after-re-install-of-windows-178795.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys Some might remember me from over at VF I'm having a little trouble installing Seven Professional on my netbook Here's the story Vista Home Basic was OEM installed I partitioned the GB drive into pieces a GB and the other half is whatever is left Pro installed perfectly no problems at all A few months later I ran out of space in the partition so I made a new GB one No install. drivers/windows hdd won't and tried to extend the Seven one I failed So by now the drive is in a pretty bad state Last night I decided to bite the bullet and delete the Vista partition using the installer Partition deleted fine Seven began to install then I got an error No hdd drivers/windows won't install. something about a missing file and the installation stopped Because the installation disk was a copy No hdd drivers/windows won't install. of the one from my PC I decided to use the original disk so again booted the CD accepted the terms Custom installation now this is the problem part The installer does not see the hard drive I then stopped the installation I connected the drive to my PC and formatted it on there the whole drive to NTFS I thought that the installer would see the partition then do it's thing and install on there So again I plugged the drive back into the netbook booted and still got the same problem The installer shows an error on the drive selection screen quot No drives were found Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation quot What I don't understand is that when I first installed Seven it found the drive and installed no problems but now that I have completely formatted the drive there is no driver for it The netbook is an Acer Aspire One h- Yk it's the Vista version GB GB The hard drive is a Toshiba MK GSX It's saying that theres no driver for it If anyone could help me it would be great as I'm completely out of ideas even my dad is and he works with computers all the time Thanks again guys

A:No hdd drivers/windows won't install.

Try downloading the F6 Sata Controller drivers use at Load Driver.
If you can only find F6 drivers for Win xp there will do.
SATA Driver - Load in Windows 7 or Vista Setup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/167020-no-hdd-drivers-windows-wont-install.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi All,

I've successfully did a clean install of Windows 7 with many thanks to Ignatsatsonic.

I have an old Dell Desktop PC and upgraded the memory to 3GBs, Graphics cards, etc for Windows 7 Home Premium.

Normally I would have installed the following Drivers with Windows XP Media Centre (2):

1. Intel Pro VE 100 Network Connection

Windows has installed this chipset.

2. Control Drivers - Intel Chipset Software (Do I need to install?)

Release Date: 1/22/2007 - Version: A018.1.1.1010
Importance: Recommended - Download Type: Driver
R140595.EXE

3. Audio Drivers - Sigmatel STAC 92XX (Do I need to install?)

This was standard. I've upgraded to an Audigy SE/LE which has been installed by Win7.

4. Video - Intel 82945G Express Chipset

I gather these were the original video drivers. I have a NVIDIA 6800 and installed the new drivers without any problems.

Still can't use to the fact that Win7 does take-over with installing many items.

Thanks,

ms

A:What Drivers to Install for Windows 7

This is not XP. Drivers come automatically. It's called 'progress'. Only if you think you have a problem with a specific driver, manual intervention is warrented.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/224849-what-drivers-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello EF members.

Today, I installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit (Dual-Boot) with Windows 7 and its great.

Now I want to install drivers for my current build.
Can I use Windows 7 64-bit drivers (I will download for manufactuer website) or there is special Windows 8 drivers ?

And one small offtopic :
How to close Apps there (ex. Store or Xbox live) ? There is not legendary "X" and Esc dont work.
I know that is stupid question but..

A:Which Drivers to install on Windows 8 64-bit ?

You should be able to use win 7 drivers if you install them in compatibility mode

(right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose win 7

Upper left corner right click to close.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/6447-drivers-install-windows-8-64-bit.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

It seems that I cannot install drivers for my devices. Whenever I plug a USB/thumb drive, Windows should automatically install the drivers for me to use the device but I can't. I tried plugging 2 different USBs but neither of them won't install nor work. Also, I have an EPSON Stylus T10 printer, I turned it on so that Windows should be able to detect the printer and install the drivers automatically but it won't (I'm stuck at the "Installing device driver software" thing then eventually "The device driver software was not installed bla bla bla"). I even manually installed the drivers using the CD but it says "Product could not be recognized".

Thanks.

A:Can't install drivers on Windows 7

Try updating all your MOBO drivers.

From here:

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_I...ntent=download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/91780-cant-install-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi There My computer died about months ago and i wasn t bothered to take it in to be fixed However i found the Windows XP Drivers Windows No After Re-Install XP Home Edition CD that came with my computer so i re-installed that and now the computer works Now when No Drivers After Windows XP Re-Install i open My Computer and go into the Local Disk Drive c the only folders that show are Documents and Settings Program Files and WINDOWS I cant access the internet because when i plug in the No Drivers After Windows XP Re-Install ethernet cord nothing happens When i check the Device manager under the Other devices heading Ethernet Controller PCI Device SM Bus Controller and Video Controller VGA Compatible appear I assume that this is the problem I have no idea what else to do Any help would be Great Thanks P S I ran the TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P GC-MX Rev x xx MB- Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey,
I am having two problems both with installing drivers. The first problem is for my Xporter XT 8GB USB flash drive. It worked fine with Vista, but now when I plug it in Windows 7 tries to install a driver and fails. The flash drive shows up in Devices, but not in Computer. So I cannot access my files in it. The second problem is Windows Updater tries to install a driver for Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN, but failed multiple times. It was working for awhile without the driver, but now doesn't. So I uninstalled the device and reinstalled the driver. Now it shows up as Network Controller and says that it is not configured right (code 1). What do I do to fix these problems? Thanks.

A:Windows 7 Won't Install Drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by norcalnative925

Hey,
I am having two problems both with installing drivers. The first problem is for my Xporter XT 8GB USB flash drive. It worked fine with Vista, but now when I plug it in Windows 7 tries to install a driver and fails. The flash drive shows up in Devices, but not in Computer. So I cannot access my files in it. The second problem is Windows Updater tries to install a driver for Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN, but failed multiple times. It was working for awhile without the driver, but now doesn't. So I uninstalled the device and reinstalled the driver. Now it shows up as Network Controller and says that it is not configured right (code 1). What do I do to fix these problems? Thanks.

Hi and welcome
The vista driver might work if installed in compatibility mode. Your best bet is to go to their website and see if they have a win 7 driver. let us know if you need help installing it
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/43581-windows-7-wont-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi was in the middle of browsing last night and got hit with this virus a screen popped up and said my computer was infected and to scan my drives anti-virus fake "Worm.Win32.Netsky" software.. to install me virus prompting at the same time it shut down chrome and my ad-aware watch popped up and said started a live scan I let ad-aware finish restarted my computer and I got the same fake antivirus pop ups as before ad-aware started again in the background I let it finish again and restarted again and the same process happened this is the popup I get after I restart it also turns my desktop white after I click OK I stopped the scan and tried to open chrome firefox IE nothing works sometimes they won't even open and virus prompting me to install fake anti-virus software.. "Worm.Win32.Netsky" a popup will say that the file is infected and sometimes it will open but will not display any websites the browser just remains white or gives me a quot this virus prompting me to install fake anti-virus software.. "Worm.Win32.Netsky" webpage cannot be displayed quot general error I tried to open add remove programs and nothing shows up the window opens but I do not get a list of programs the area is just white I was able to save GMER and DDS to a flash drive and ran them from the desktop during my GMER scan I had periodic popups saying my files were infected and that a scan would begin which of course it didn't eventually the pop ups stopped but all browsers still don't work also regarding the GMER scan I have two hard drives C and F not partitioned actual drives I unchecked F and left C checked while the main drive is C most of my actual files are on the F drive don't know if you need to know that but thought I should mention it DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by kelsey at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs SVCHOST EXE SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS system basfipm exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise vstskmgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI AA EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McScript InUse exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-AwareAdmin exe C Documents and Settings kelsey Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp twitter com uDefault Page URL hxxp www dell com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mWinlogon Userinit c windows system winlogon exe BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO D FF B -D - D -BC - DCB BE - No File BHO d ff - f - -b a - f fa b - c windows system yayvWpmM dll BHO C D - DE- E- C - B AF - No File BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptcl dll BHO B - E B- CB- E - D FC - No File BHO de cf - b - a - - bbb aee - c windows system urqrPGwT dll TB FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe ... Read more

A:virus prompting me to install fake anti-virus software.. "Worm.Win32.Netsky"

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please see this >> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ee_disable.gif

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/virus-prompting-me-to-install-fake-anti-virus-software-worm-win32-netsky-456467.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys, I have wireless Bluetooth headphones from Koss, they are BT 540i model. They pair and everything but I cannot get sound out of them. I noticed on my other PC, the Windows Device installer in the task bar will download the drivers for the device. For some reason it is not doing this. Anyway to get them manually? I didn't find anything on Koss's site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/392705-koss-bt540i-pairs-windows-but-no-drivers-install-windows-up.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Do you need to update drivers to install windows 10 upgrade for a Revo 70 and does any one know where you can get them please

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Do-you-need-to-update-drivers-to-install-windows-10-upgrade-for/td-p/438815/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.3%

Do you need to update drivers to install windows 10 upgrade for a Revo 70 and does any one know where you can get them please

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Do-you-need-to-update-drivers-to-install-windows-10-upgrade-for/td-p/438815
Relevancy 47.3%

So I got my new alienware r two days ago Since I wanted both a SSD drive and a rpm hdd that configuration was not availible I decided to buy the SSD drive from another place and get the DELL computer install on drivers in new 8 recognized windows No SSD! with the TB hdd When I got my computer I first tried to start it and No drivers recognized in new windows 8 install on SSD! everything worked fine All drivers were installed and the system was almost completely up to date and it was ready to upgrade to windows But obviously I want the OS to be installed on my SSD so I opened my laptop up put in the SSD and booted the computer from the windows install USB stick that I got I formatted the rpm drive to remove the old windows install and chose the GB SSD as the drive I wanted windows to be installed on After windows was done installing and I got to the log in screen I had to chose if I wanted to use quot windows on partition quot or quot windows on partition quot I thougt that maybe just formatting the original hdd wasn't enough to completely remove the old windows install but decided to deal with that problem later I chose quot partition quot and it turned out to be the SSD partition and I got logged in to windows And here is where the real problems start Windows did not recognize any of my hardware not even my network card so I had no internet access I was like quot wtf quot but I used a USB stick to download the network card drivers on another computer and installed them on my new alienware computer So now I could go online and I started to update windows Now I noticed that the quot windows update quot was gone I also noticed that windows did not want me to log in to my microsoft account as the previously installed version did I thought maybe it was a problem with not having the right updates so I kept on downloadting updates about updates later it still did not recognize any hardware it still did not want me to log in to my account and the windows upgrade was still nowhere to be found I restarted my computer a few times and got annoyed with the fact that you have to chose what partition you want to boot from every time you log in to windows so I googled the solution and it said that I had to delete the whole TB disk partition and plug the disk out of the computer when installed windows to make the SDD partition the primary one I thought that reinstalling windows might help with some of the non-recognizable hardware issues too so I deleted and plugged out the original hd and reinstalled windows with only my SSD connected This time windows install said some crap about quot installing windows to GPT disks but it worked fine anyways After finishing the installation and rebooting windows I did not have to chose which partition to boot from anymore but windows still did not recognize any hardware I plugged in my hdd and restarted the computer It kind of froze for a minute on the black alienware screen where you can choose to enter bios but then it restarted itself and booted windows This is where I am now What have I done wrong How can windows fail to recognize ANY of my hardware even after countless of updates Also the DELL selfdetect what drivers that needs to be updated does not work either Sure I can download all the drivers directly from DELL but something tells me that I might have to reinstall windows soon again anyways so I wont bother with downloading all the drivers until I've solved the problem with windows acting weird Please help me guys

A:No drivers recognized in new windows 8 install on SSD!

Yes if you did not install the Dell version of their OS, there are going to be issues with drivers. Dell should have all of the drivers for Windows 10 up by now for that machine. They may even offer a free Windows 10 version of what came on that unit, if you bought it during the upgrade promise period when they announced it.

When OEM's were switching from Vista to 7, you could fill out a form at their website and they would send you the upgrade media for the cost of just Shipping & Handling.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69402-no-drivers-recognized-new-windows-8-install-ssd.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a HP IQ775 touch smart, recently I purchased windows 7 (old system was VISTA) 64 bit.
After installing from disc, I lost my drivers for WLAN internet connection. I have a Verizon Jetpack 4G.
Normally I could turn my internet on with the keyboard Function F3 key. But the system has lost the driver.
I am ordering a recovery disc with drivers, but the same thing will happen wil I update to windows 7.
I cant get driver without getting online and I cant get online without driver....vicous cirle. What can I do, HP says my desktop is obsolete and they cannot help me. It is a 2007 but I really love the set up and dont want to buy a new one.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have an Acer 5715z notebook and going to upgrading it to Windows 7 and how do you install drivers to the computer once I load my new OS?

A:How do I install new drivers after installing Windows 7 7

There are several ways:

1) You have an Acer oem machine with vista, so there may or may not be win7 drivers available. Look up the acer support page for your model and download the win7 drivers if they are available. Of course this can be done after upgrading too.

2) If only vista drivers are available, you can use those but in addition you can locate generic drivers for well known devices such as Realtek high def audio (thats the sound card you have). Your machine has somewhat older hardware such as the 965 express onboard gfx, I think no drivers were released for this one after 2009, you can look up intel's support page for this.

3) Device drivers are also offered through windows update or just go to the device manager, right click on the device then click update. But windows database drivers may not be updated.

4) If you have the .exe file for the driver, just double click to install, if its zipped extract to a local folder first then run the setup file.

5) A nifty thing you can do is to backup existing installed drivers using a tool like Double driver. After upgrading to win7, you can restore any of he backed up drivers if no updated driver is available. Will save you some bandwidth if you're on a limited connection.

6) All installed drivers are saved in he location "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository", so one can also backup this folder, then point the devices in device manager to it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/181227-how-do-i-install-new-drivers-after-installing-windows-7-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have just reinstalled windows 7 Home Premium and went to install the drivers. I installed two, then every other time after that I get a message saying 'installation may take several minutes please wait' then the message disappears, no other dialogue comes up and nothing is installed.

Its the same message what ever drive i try to install, wifi, bluetooth, sound, etc.

I even tried reinstalling windows again, but got the same issue. Again the first driver i installed seemed to work, but any other after that the same problem.

I have attached a screen shot.

Thanks

A:After Reinstall of Windows, cannot install drivers

After you reinstall Windows 7, do you have a working internet connection? If so, don't do anything except run Windows Update from Control Panel. Do this two or three times until all updates are applied, including Service Pack 1. Then try install the drivers if they are still needed.

Edit: Start with the Chipset driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/321291-after-reinstall-windows-cannot-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I'm a noob here so go easy please

Ok so I got an MSDN membership for my birthday (Thanks Dad ) and I'm now downloading Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I wanna know if the drivers are automatically found or if I need to download them and put them on a flash drive first.

Pleease answer fast

A:Does Windows 7 automatically install drivers?

It should install them automatically, but its always a good idea to have them on hand in case you need them..

Welcome to the forums...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/40140-does-windows-7-automatically-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I had log need files/drivers to re-install...help to please!! on before Can't windows, get a computer built one of the hard drives came from my old computer about months ago used it for no more then Can't log on to windows, need to get files/drivers before re-install...help please!! weeks moved and haven't used it since I went to fire it up yesterday and it won't let me log on to windows it says i need to activate it It gave me options to activate over internet or by phone Internet doesn't work so I did it by phone The product key works is correct for the CD it's the same CD from the hard drive from my old computer and I gave the microsoft person the key as well as the ID that it windows activation screen gave me to give to the customer service person When I call they said they could not do it because I've changed my hardware and I'll need to buy a new disk and start all over Before I do this the person who helped me build my computer said I will need to get the drivers off of the computer before I re-install a new windows cd I also have some files on there that I need to get off before I re-install windows He wasn't sure how I could do that and Microsoft said there was a way but they couldn't help me and reccomended contacting a technician I am somewhat computer literate and was wondering if someone could tell me how I could get the drivers and my files off of the hard drive before I wipe it out and re-install windows Any help would be much appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Can't log on to windows, need to get files/drivers before re-install...help please!!

There are a couple of ways to accomplish this...Do you have 2 harddrives or just 1?

1). Connect your harddrive to another computer as a slave. With this setup, you could boot into the second computer's installation of windows. This would give you access to all the info on your harddrive. From there you could copy the files to a cd/hd/etc...

2). Use another operating system like Knoppix, this would allow you to boot up using just a cd. From there you could copy whatever files you needed from 1 harddrive to another.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-log-on-to-windows-need-to-get-files-drivers-before-re-install-help-please-209940.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been having problems with Windows 10 Home and after searching around I found that the best course of action would be to reinstall windows.
Having created a USB with the install on it I want to start, however I had my PC made and delivered to me with everything installed including my Graphics card drivers ect. I have the disk for it, and I understand how to reinstall windows but what I don't know is when I would Install the Graphics Card drivers and whether an External Disk Drive would work when completing this process?
I am nervous about reinstalling windows but I feel it is neccisary.

Thank you for reading, and help is appreciated.
Ben

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/47557-when-install-drivers-when-re-installign-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Just want to know what the best way to install my drivers on Win XP is i have nothing on my computer except WIn XP. How should i do this just put in the cd that came with my video and sound card or is there a better way? Thanks again.

A:After upgrading to windows xp what is the best way to install my drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-upgrading-to-windows-xp-what-is-the-best-way-to-install-my-drivers.104173/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey all,

I have found that the drivers for my video card are non-existent when Setup goes to perform the initial boot, causing my monitor to lose signal after the Windows Logo. Anyways, I have found that my best option (possibly the only one) is to slipstream my NVIDIA drivers into the iso install and then reinstall the OS. I am unable to get into safe mode on the Windows 7 install due to Setup not completing the initial boot process. Either way...

Does anyone happen to know how to Slipstream drivers into my Windows 7 iso while using XP? I have found numerous ways on how to do it while using Vista, but not much can be found on how to with XP.

Any information would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks all.

A:How to Slipstream Drivers into Windows 7 Install

You using XP now? has to be same architecture as the Target Vista/Seven OS
Best Unattended spot on the web is at msfn.org right now
Se7en_UA6.3.33 final for XP Vista. Use this last version 6.3.33 if you are running XP or Vista
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/138899-se7en-ua-with-sp1-rtm-injection/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-slipstream-drivers-into-windows-7-install.985065/
Relevancy 47.3%

I cannot reinstall widows 7 ultimate , because after the process of loading setup My drivers are always not found , PLEASE I NEED HELP

A:Can't install windows 7 , drivers not found

Follow the steps to do a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 paying special attention to how drivers are handled in Win7 which are printed in red so they can't be missed.

If what you're referring to is an error when you boot the installer that drivers need to be supplied, then this error almost always means you have a bad installer.

What is the licensed OS that shipped with your laptop? I would download and burn it to DVD or flash stick from Steps 1 and 2 of the tutorial so that you are not wasting a $100+ license that you already own for the life of the laptop, on an even more expensive version you may not even need: Compare Windows 7 Editions

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349192-cant-install-windows-7-drivers-not-found.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Windows XP, that is. Well, if I am not completely mistaken, hard drives do not need any drivers to work. Right? I mean, I bought a new HDD (Samsung HD753LJ) and I can see it, use it and all... But Windows STILL asks me to install it (you know, the "new device found"-thing) every time I restart my PC. I've told it to "don't ask to install this device again", but it still always asks me to install it everytime I restart my PC 'Tis annoying. Help?

Relevancy 47.3%

I heard that windows 7 automatically installs drivers. Does that mean I shouldn't put the hardware installation disc in?

A:Does windows 7 automatically install drivers for you?

Quote: Originally Posted by Bluehippo

I heard that windows 7 automatically installs drivers. Does that mean I shouldn't put the hardware installation disc in?

It usually does, if it doesn't it's better to get them from the manufacturer's website.

What are you installing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/99878-does-windows-7-automatically-install-drivers-you.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi im really hoping someone can help ive been trying to fix this for hours spec - Seagate Barracuda TB MB Cache Hard Drive SATA GB s ms rpm - OEM ST DM Novatech Barebone 7 (no Cant windows install drivers) device Bundle - Intel Core i K - Corsair GB DDR Mhz - Intel Z Chipset Motherboard - Cant install windows 7 (no device drivers) Novatech Gaming Tower Case amp W PSU BB- E Samsung S BB x DVD -RW SATA Black - Retail SH- BB RSMS I think ive installed everything ok the HDD is making a noise anyway I downloaded an ISO file from microsoft of windows and burnt it to disc When i turn my pc on it starts up u see the bios screen then goes to install windows language time ect I click that then install now and choose what os x home basic custom install thats as far as i get No drives were found Click load driver to provide a mass storage device If i click Load Driver it says install the device driver neede to access your hard drive insert media ect I did get a disc with the computer but when i start the pc with that in the disc tray it just goes to a black screen saying quot press any key to startup Xpressrecovery Im going insane and will never sleep until this is fixed i hope u can understand and any help would be appreciated thanks

A:Cant install windows 7 (no device drivers)

The error usually means that the installer is bad. Confirm the ISO integrity and burn another DVD using Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool.

If that fails try writing to flash stick.

The HD should not be making a noise, especially clicking or anything more than purring. Does it register in BIOS? Try setting it at AHCI first to try install. If problems persist test it using maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan, followed by Disk Check .

Create an NTFS Primary full disk partition marked Active to run Disk check. If the HD is used, try wiping it with Diskpart Clean Command first from same Command line as shown in option Two of Disk Check tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/245253-cant-install-windows-7-no-device-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

I just installed Windows 7 and I noticed I have drivers missing when I looked at Manage my Computer. Under device manager and Other devices It has 4 yellow exclamation points. Three say Base System Device and the fourth says Unknown Device. I tried updating driver software and looking on the HP website, thinking they might have the drivers and Nothing has worked. Where can i find these drivers to install them. Thanks.

A:Missing Drivers after Windows 7 install

When you say you tried updating the drivers, did you do/mean: In Device Manager, rt click the device and select Update Driver?

Oh and giving your system specs may also help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-drivers-after-windows-7-install.138082/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I have already a ready usb disk on key with the windows ready for installing.

I have nvidia gtx 770 video card.
Now i have the latest drivers 350.12 but i want to make a new clean install of my windows 8 and the problem is that windows will install the latest drivers but i want it to install drivers version 347.88.

Can i force the windows in the installation options while installing to install the version 347.88 ? If not can i force windows not to install the video card drivers at all so i can install it later ?

And after installing 347.88 can i set somewhere in the windows that it will not try to install in the future the latest video drivers version and only will alert if there is a new version ?

A:How can i install windows 8 without the nvidia drivers ?

windows 8.1 setup media will not install the newest drivers - windows update will - once you get online..

during installation - do not connect to your router (internet) - thus preventing the driver download..

install your 347 driver - connect to the internet and install the updates (this will update all your drivers)
after all the updates are completed. going through device manager Roll back the video driver to 347

if that does not work un-install the 350 driver through device manager and it should roll back to 347

Actually you will have both driver versions on your PC but you will have to tell device manager to roll back to the older version..

you could also block automatic driver updates > control panel > system > advanced system properties > Hardware > device installation settings
Attachment 61528

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/65805-how-can-i-install-windows-8-without-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've done a new install of Windows 8.1 on a system that had been running Windows XP x64, I swapped out the hard drive for a brand new one and installed from scratch. This system uses an Asus M5A78L-M LX Plus motherboard which uses an AMD 760G (780L)/SB710 chipset. Since the drivers available on the Asus website are woefully old, I did some looking around and found this page: Chipset
which should contain the correct drivers for all the AMD hardware on this motherboard like the SATA controllers and all the hardware that you find in Device Manager / System Devices but after installing them and rebooting I see that the SATA controller and all the system devices that should have AMD drivers install are still using generic Microsoft drivers, some of which date back to 2006.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about this?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74549-windows-8-1-cant-install-amd-chipset-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello guys hoping you could help me.

I've just bought a gaming PC, inserted windows 8 disc and after product key I go through custom install "where do you want to install windows" where there are no drivers to choose from.
I removed win 8 disc and replaced with mobo disc which didn't work and then I tried evga disc which also didn't work.
I don't know what to do now, any help would be appreciated.

A:No drivers windows 8 fresh install

Do you mean drives?

Perhaps try booting the dvd instead of playing it.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/59199-no-drivers-windows-8-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have found on different boards if I install in AHCI mode Windows seems to quot find quot the drivers for running in AHCI RAID mode at install If I install in IDE mode it does not and I have no option to switch to AHCI RAID if needed In the past you had to press F or whatever and install them from a floppy I think this is no longer the case with Windows Can anyone confirm this I don't AHCI at Does have 7 Windows drivers install even have a floppy and never will I will install in AHCI so I have the choice in the future Is there any down side to doing this and am I right Also - I know there is a registry quot hack quot you can use to boot into AHCI after installing in IDE but why does everyone not install in Does Windows 7 have AHCI drivers at install AHCI so they have the choice Am I way off here Are you planning to install in AHCI to have this benefit

A:Does Windows 7 have AHCI drivers at install

Quote: Originally Posted by nate42nd

I have found on 4 different boards if I install in AHCI mode, Windows 7 seems to "find" the drivers for running in AHCI/RAID mode at install. If I install in IDE mode, it does not and I have no option to switch to AHCI/RAID if needed. In the past you had to press F6 (or whatever) and install them from a floppy. I think this is no longer the case with Windows 7. Can anyone confirm this. I don't even have a floppy and never will. I will install in AHCI so I have the choice in the future. Is there any down side to doing this and am I right?

Also - I know there is a registry "hack" you can use to boot into AHCI after installing in IDE but why does everyone not install in AHCI so they have the choice? Am I way off here? Are you planning to install in AHCI to have this benefit?

What you are asking in found in the BIOS settings. Read the manual supplied as to how they (manufacture) wants things done.
my MOBO allows (F6) also (F11) and (F12) - (F2) is master access to Bios.

Quote:
I don't even have a floppy and never will.

then burn to a CD or DVD or USB. your choice. but some manufactures demand that you install there xxxxxx via floppy disc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/30378-does-windows-7-have-ahci-drivers-install.html
Relevancy 47.3%

During W7 installation does setup perform a brute force scan of all .inf files to find proper devices or does the device provide info that is used to determine the name of the .inf file to be used?

A:How does Windows 7 Install Device Drivers

A very interesting question!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/215942-how-does-windows-7-install-device-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone i hope someone can help me out I have read many many forum tips regarding fixes for this issue But before that let me explain what my situation is and then i will go onto what i have tried System Specs -AMD FX- core CPU -Hyper Evo CPU Cooler -Asus GTX GB Top edition GPU -Samsung GB EVO SSD OS Drive -WD Blue TB HDD Storage Game Drive to GTX 670 drivers Unable install to windows 8.1 -Asus M A R AM MOBO - GB mhz Corsair Vengance Blue Ram RAM -Seasonic M II Bronze GM Plus PSU -Display Asus VH H-P Inch -Corsair K Keyboard -Logitech G Mouse OKAY so I had Windows bit installed for a while then i decided to make the jump to Windows when i found it on sale online I downloaded Windows bit to a USB boot drive but saved that for later and installed Windows from the desktop as an quot Upgrade quot from my current system Unable to install GTX 670 drivers to windows 8.1 Then after installing all drivers and setting up my Windows Profile everything was perfect no issues gaming was awesome overall the system was great as it should BUT one day about weeks after installation i was playing League of Legends and my screen went black mid game I reset the computer and from there on out I have been getting the black screen and have been unable to install the Latest and or previous Nvidia Geforce Drivers and every time I've had to Reboot in Safe Mode to uninstall the current drivers and or disable the quot Video Adapter quot to be able to access the desktop st method I tried everything from preventing Windows Update to install anything and then downloading GeForce Drivers going into safe mode with not network access then installing from there but the installer would reach the quot restart to install updates quot then upon restart the black screens would occur nd Method Tried to allow windows to install drivers on It's own and it did install the quot Officially quot drivers but they failed to install just as the previous method did rd Method Removing Re-seating the RAM and Video Card and checking cables and fans making sure everything was functioning properly after removing and re-seating the Components I tried methods and a few times with no success Thanks for any help in advance

A:Unable to install GTX 670 drivers to windows 8.1

Check this link:

NVIDIA GeForce R337.61 BETA Hotfix Display Driver Release

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/46916-unable-install-gtx-670-drivers-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an Arduino Mega 2560 connected USB to a Windows 10 1607 14393-321 system.

The bd works fine on my laptop printing via Repetier Host. It shows up as a USB-SERIAL CH340 - ver 1607 14393-222
On my desktop it used to work with ver 8. I upgraded to 12 and now Windows won't install the driver. HOWEVER, Windows also updated since prior to my Arduino update and since the last time I used it.
I tried rolling back to Arduino ver 9 - same
I tried installing ver 8 driver, no dice
I tried driver1_CH340 and driver2_CH340
driver1 didn't work at all and driver2 came back with an error after it at least tried.
Anyone got an answer??? Is it Arduino or Windows???
How do I roll back windows to 222?? It looks like KB3194798 is the update to uninstall.
thx

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66948-windows-wont-install-arduino-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am at a lost this is the th time I install 2008 Windows not drivers any will R2 am encountering this issue on Windows 2008 R2 will not install any drivers either a Windows or Windows R machine however this time I cannot reinstall Windows The server worked flawlessly for month - nothing was installed no updates nothing Not even on the domain yet because we were waiting for the requirements from the client I cannot install ANY device USB PCI modems Generic PNP Monitor in fact the system will not even run a backup because shadow copies fails because it cannot install the driver for quot Generic Volume Shadow Copy quot If I attempt to manually install a device through device manager I get the quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it quot I've already tried to do an in-place upgrade repair to no avail When investigating the setupapi dev log below are some of the results Running Windows Backup gt gt gt Device Install DiShowUpdateDevice - STORAGE VOLUMESNAPSHOT HARDDISKVOLUMESNAPSHOT gt gt gt Section start cmd quot C Windows system mmc exe quot quot C Windows system ServerManager msc quot dvi DIF UPDATEDRIVER UI dvi No class installer for 'Unknown driver software package' dvi No CoInstallers found dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF UPDATEDRIVER UI - exit xe e ndv Update Driver Software Wizard for STORAGE VOLUMESNAPSHOT HARDDISKVOLUMESNAPSHOT inf Opened INF 'C Windows INF volsnap inf' strings inf Saved PNF 'C Windows INF volsnap PNF' Language inf SetupCopyOEMInf C Windows INF volsnap inf inf Driver Store location C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository volsnap inf amd neutral a fac b fc volsnap inf inf Published Inf Path C Windows INF volsnap inf inf Opened PNF 'C Windows INF volsnap inf' strings inf OEM source media location C Windows INF inf Unable to set OEM source media location - error ignored inf Error The parameter is incorrect inf SetupCopyOEMInf exit x dvi Searching for hardware ID s dvi storage volumesnapshot inf Opened INF 'C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository volsnap inf amd neutral a fac b fc volsnap inf' strings dvi Selected driver installs from section volume snapshot install in 'c windows system driverstore filerepository volsnap inf amd neutral a fac b fc volsnap inf' dvi Class GUID of device changed to c b -ec - d - - c f deaf dvi Set selected driver complete dvi Plug and Play Service Device Install for STORAGE VOLUMESNAPSHOT HARDDISKVOLUMESNAPSHOT ump Creating Install Process DrvInst exe ump Server install process exited with code xc ump Plug and Play Service Device Install exit c ndv Device Install failed for new device installing NULL driver dvi Plug and Play Service Device Install for STORAGE VOLUMESNAPSHOT HARDDISKVOLUMESNAPSHOT ump Creating Install Process DrvInst exe ump Server install process exited with code xc ump Plug and Play Service Device Install exit c ndv Update Driver Software Wizard exit c lt lt lt Section end lt lt lt Exit status FAILURE xc Installing a Monitor Device Install DiShowUpdateDevice - DISPLAY DEFAULT MONITOR amp BC E amp amp amp amp gt gt gt Section start cmd quot C Windows system mmc exe quot quot C Windows system ServerManager msc quot dvi DIF UPDATEDRIVER UI dvi Using exported function 'MonitorClassInstaller' in module 'C Windows system Montr CI dll' dvi Class installer Montr CI dll MonitorClassInstaller dvi No CoInstallers found dvi Class installer Enter dvi Class installer Exit dvi Default installer Enter dvi Default installer Exit dvi DIF UPDATEDRIVER UI - exit xe e ndv Update Driver Software Wizard for DISPLAY DEFAULT MONITOR amp BC E amp amp amp amp inf Opened PNF 'C Windows INF monitor inf' strings inf SetupCopyOEMInf C Windows INF monitor inf inf Driver Store location C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository monitor inf amd neutral ab c d d f monitor inf inf Published Inf Path C Windows INF monitor inf inf Opened PNF 'C Windows INF monitor inf' strings inf OEM source m... Read more

A:Windows 2008 R2 will not install any drivers

Hi,

This issue can be caused by some third party programs.

I suggest disabling the third party programs and boot in
Clean Boot
to reinstall the drivers.

Also, as this is a forum focus on Vista, in order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new question in

Windows Server Forum for further discussion.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums
regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support
If you are

TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback
here.Sabrina
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ec4009ea-978c-4e52-bb41-298acb622c7e/windows-2008-r2-will-not-install-any-drivers?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been having problems with Windows 10 Home and after searching around I found that the best course of action would be to reinstall windows.
Having created a USB with the install on it I want to start, however I had my PC made and delivered to me with everything installed including my Graphics card drivers ect. I have the disk for it, and I understand how to reinstall windows but what I don't know is when I would Install the Graphics Card drivers and whether an External Disk Drive would work when completing this process?

Ben

A:When to install drivers when re-installing Windows 10

Originally Posted by benpatten

Ben

Welcome Ben to Ten Forums. You could make a backup of all your installed drivers 1st. Also makes a complete image backup of your Windows OS too before doing your re-install of Windows. If you choose the Repair Windows method Ben, then you will not lose any personal files or installed 3rd party programs. Only thing you might want to do is whatever 3rd party AV program you may be using is to remove it 1st before repairing your Windows 10. Here are some links Ben, and suggestions.

For making a backup for all your Windows Drivers:
Create a folder on your flash drive or any internal or external drive: Drivers
Open Admin command prompt and run: Dism /Online /Export-Driver /Destination:X:\Drivers
Replace X with the drive letter of your drive.
Or use the freeware: Driver 4.1 Backup Download
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/61...le-driver.html

Link for doing a Repair install for your Windows:
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Here is the link for Macrium Reflect for making a complete image of your current Windows 10 OS
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Hope this helps you Ben
Mike

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47557-when-install-drivers-when-re-installing-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have just replaced Windows Vista with Windows XP Pro on the following computer -Acer Aspire M Now I am stuck at the drivers stage and would greatly appreciate some help Note that I am fairly novice in the field of computer hardware drivers BIOS and the like Here is where I am at XP is now successfully installed on the computer First drivers Windows help new XP needed install - thing I notice is the desktop screen is stretched even on what looks like the correct resolution x on quot wide monitor - but of course no graphics drivers are yet installed on the Windows XP new install - drivers help needed new OS The graphics hardware inside the computer is ATI Radeon X - I understand this is integrated graphics After hours of searching including ATI website drivers page it seems there is no specific driver for this graphics card and Windows XP However I did find this ATI Catalyst Display Driver for Windows Vista bit which mentions XP in its spec -http www softwaredriverdownload com ati sta driver htmlAfter attempting to install however there were installation failure messages I forget exactly something about install manager failing I think After going past the few error messages and allowing installation to continue it seemed at the end that nothing had been installed at all But before I deal with the graphics card drivers I learned from some Googling that the first drivers I should be concerned with is for Motherboard I ve had a look in Device Manager to see what might already be installed if anything but am confused by what I see - where is the bit telling me the status of my motherboard and if the driver is installed or needs installing I ran Aida exe and got the model of my motherboard which is RS -SB - A FK C- Next I visited the Acer website and downloaded these drivers for audio Lan and VGA specific to the M model didn t bother with the TV tuner and NVidia drivers which I assume I won t need -http www acer co uk acer service do Lang CRC Clicking on BIOS in that link gives no download options Flashing the wrong BIOS can cause harm to the system Acer recommends that you should only upgrade your firmware drivers if you have been instructed to do so by an Acer Customer Care representative Which brings me up to date What are the rules with drivers which should I look at and install first to get this new OS up and running Is my motherboard driver already installed if so how do I find out and if not where do I find the driver How are BIOS related to the motherboard and should I look at fiddling with them I think once I have dealt with the motherboard BIOS drivers issue if there is one then I can tackle the graphics card issue if there is no suitable XP driver for the X I guess I will buy a new graphics card rather than revert to Vista Thank you greatly in advance for any help - the replacement XP OS install went very smoothly but I m stuck now since know very little about how drivers work EDIT please note I am not yet connected to the internet with this computer however I have a nd computer in my home which is connected to the internet so I can download anything from there and transfer across via USB Flash Drive

A:Windows XP new install - drivers help needed

OK, I've had to go ahead and try to get this computer working.

From the drivers mentioned above I obtained from the Acer website, I have done the following:-

- Attempted install of the Acer VGA driver. This is also described as a 'catalyst display driver'. Installation successful. However, on rebooting machine, nothing has changed graphically - looking in Device Manager, there is no entry for 'Display Adapters', and running DXDIAG says in Display/Device that there is none available. BUT... I don't quite understand if my ATI Radeon X1250 would register as an 'external device/graphics adapter', since I believe it is an 'integrated graphics card'?

- Attempted install of the Acer Realtek HD sound driver. Success - the computer now has sound, so that is at least one thing out of the way

What I am still in the dark about, is the state of the computer's graphics - I do not know if they are running 'correctly' or if another driver needs to be installed to unlock the X1250 [or is it now running, but it doesn't show up in Device Manager because of its 'integrated' status'?].

Tomorrow I will be able to hook it up to the web, providing there are no problems installing the modem driver! Once on the web I guess I can surf and see how the graphics fare compared with when it used to run on Vista.

Would still like some clarification on the motherboard and BIOS. Is it likely I need to install a driver for my motherboard, or should I consider that already 'done'? Is it a given that if you install a new OS on your computer, you must always install the motherboard driver again? I cannot find anything online relating to a 'driver' for my motherboard...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266172/windows-xp-new-install-drivers-help-needed/
Relevancy 47.3%

After I installed Windows Pro from scratch it automatically installed my Radeon HD everything worked - Catalyst install won't drivers Windows it won't let fine but Photoshop has some problems in the advanced GPU-drawing-mode So I wanted to see if an original Catalyst driver would work better besides I wanted to have access to the Catalyst Control Center I deinstalled the driver Windows automatically installed and started the Catalyst installer It told me everything went fine and the screen flickered as it always does when you install the graphic card Catalyst drivers won't install - Windows won't let it driver But listed in the device manager was still the one windows Catalyst drivers won't install - Windows won't let it installed at the beginning And the CCC won't start telling me quot Catalyst Control Center cannot be started There are currently no settings that can be configured using Catalyst Control Center quot When I deinstall the driver again and reboot I have the wrong resolution that's how it should be without a graphic card driver installed but only for a few seconds Then Windows kicks in and installs its Radeon-driver again Is there any way to install a Catalyst instead of the one Windows keeps on choosing for me Thanks for the help

A:Catalyst drivers won't install - Windows won't let it

If you have AMD processor and Radeon HD6900 go to the link below and download choice
(1 Automatic Download and Update) once you downloaded small app
Run it and it will do all you want. No need to uninstall any drivers
So long as you have the latest drivers.
Ati Drivers Download - Ati

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/13005-catalyst-drivers-wont-install-windows-wont-let.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I just tried installing Windows in my brand-new computer specs are right there in the above icon And I had so much trouble I had to switch back to XP Here s what happened Windows wouldn t install any drivers install utilities would just stop No freezes no crashes no events to be viewed nothing it would just stop and stay 7 Windows any install Solved: won't drivers there for as long as I Solved: Windows 7 won't install any drivers waited up to half an hour apparently waiting for something Upon restart everything seemed to work fine except for my keyboard and mouse I could see the text input bar blinking my keyboard caps lock and mouse optical light were lit but there was no response from the devices When restarting again in safe mode they got back to work and restarting yet again in normal mode they were magically working again I interrupted the install utilities and after the restarts the device drivers were apparently installed but the devices wouldn t work For example my wireless device was there but wouldn t turn on enable and my graphics card wouldn t switch resolutions it was like the actually installed driver was Windows default standard graphics and just the name had been changed in the device manager I tried disabling and restarting every service that seemed relevant to me windows installer module installer driver installer and a lot of other crap but nothing worked Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I scavenged parts (including the hard drive) from an old Dell XPS to build my current computer. I had to reinstall Windows XP the other day, and now when I try to install drivers from the drivers and utilities CD, I get an error saying "Setup is unable to recognize this computer as a Dell computer and will now exit". Where else can I get these drivers?

A:Reinstalled Windows, Can't Install Drivers

Hello

You can download the Drivers from the MB manufacturer website.

Get the Graphics Driver from the vendor's website.

Please list your full system specs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reinstalled-windows-cant-install-drivers-363819.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello

I recently started having problems with my desktop being very slow and crashing. I thought it may have been caused by a virus or just by the sheer weight of installed programs.I formatted and I have reinstalled Windows XP on my desktop having used driver extractor to extract all the drivers i thought i would need. When i reinstalled windows despite formatting it didn't ask for my windows key which i found strange. Since then i have been unable to install the drivers for the ethernet controller sm bus controller video controller and misc PCI device. As well as my Dynamode Wl-GI-700s usb wireless dongle.

Can you please help me to find better drivers or otherwise solve this problem.

Thank you for your help.

A:Reinstall of Windows XP have drivers but can't install them

Normally if you cannot install the ethernet card it is because it nees the Chipset installed first.
Look in device manager for yellow exclamation points, you can get there by right mouse clicking on "My Computer" and select "Manage" the select "Device Manager".

What type or brand off computer and which XP OS are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstall-of-windows-xp-have-drivers-but-cant-install-them.154147/
Relevancy 47.3%

Is there some sort of trick i'm missing? I used compatibility mode, and tried the "have disc" trick under device manager with no success.

A:How to install 9.7 leaked ATI drivers on X64 Windows 7

Interested as well, when I try to install 9.6 it says that 9.5 is the latest version. Might be due to my mbo and chipset though. But the chipset is the latest for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/16056-how-install-9-7-leaked-ati-drivers-x64-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

i have a dell d420 which i think the hard drive has been erased. i plugged in a cd drive and inserted a vista cd. then it asks for some drivers which i dont kno what to do for here. i tryed downloading i bunch of drives from the dell website but none seem to work. CAN ANYONE HELP!

Relevancy 47.3%

I have an HP laptop, and it will not boot up.

Have tried safe mode, repair, everything. But no go.

So right now I am reinstalling W7 from the original CDs.

After I get that done, I have the drivers CD. So, my question is what is involved in doing that installation?

A:Clean install of Windows 7 and drivers

Hi Johnneeo. I have an HP driver DVD for my laptop and it is just a matter of popping it into the optical drive and running setup. I usually like to choose the drivers and install them one by one from the DVD. You can run the driver installation automatically, but then you may also get something like MacAfee AV installed as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/271466-clean-install-windows-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Can someone please explain how this works? like where does it put the files etc and can i install the latest NVIDIA drives through the load drivers option during windows 7 install?

Cheers,

A:Load Drivers In Windows 7 Install

Quote: Originally Posted by dozzie80

Can someone please explain how this works? like where does it put the files etc and can i install the latest NVIDIA drives through the load drivers option during windows 7 install?

Cheers,

If the .exe is self-extracting, you can use a program such as WinRAR to unpack the files to wherever you want and then point Load Drivers to that location.

Thanks,
ZeshanA
If I helped, please click the scales at the top right of my post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/49711-load-drivers-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 47.3%

ive tried both with soundblaster sound card and NVidia graphics card
it just don't want to install the 64 bit drivers what am I doing wrong

A:windows dont install 64 bit drivers

Hi,

Please type msinfo32 in Start, then press Enter.

File | Save on the opened screen.

Right click the saved file and choose Send to >>> Compressed folder.

Attach the .zip file it made to a new post here, using the icon that looks like a paperclip. You will need to use advanced mode reply form.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/40324-windows-dont-install-64-bit-drivers.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a business card scanner that I would like to use with my windows 7 machine. Unfortunately after having installed the software, Win 7 is unable to find and install a driver for it (even having gone online to search for the drivers).

Using the same software I downloaded, I installed it on a friend's Windows XP laptop and the scanner gets its drivers installed automatically.

Website unfortunately does not have any more support for this 3 year old product.

My question is if there is any way of installing this device under windows 7 with an XP driver? I would like to use it within Windows 7 if possible.

Thanks!

A:How do I install xp drivers on my windows 7 machine?

I don't think this is going to work - espcially with an XP driver, maybe with a Vista driver. If there is no native Win7 driver for that device, a Vista driver is worth a try but no guarantee.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/66205-how-do-i-install-xp-drivers-my-windows-7-machine.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone, this is my first build and everything went fine until I try installing windows 7. So for me it gets past the starting windows screen and then it freezes on the setting your language and country screen. There is also no way out of this and I had to turn the computer off. Then I tried installing the CD that came with the mother board. It then say saying generate serial ATA driver Diskette? [Y/N]. At first I said yes and what came up was a screen that said the supported drive was not found: Floppy 1.44mb and USB drive! If I press no it just asks me to reboot. I have looked for solutions to this and haven't come across any that worked.

A:Problem with windows 7 install and Asrock drivers install on Asrock z77 extreme 4

hi there:

complete specs on your system would help. troubleshooting a custom-build computer system that has thousands of different makes/models of components can be tricky to say the least.

You should download and run SPECCY, and post the report here.

Check your cables that they are in place and secure, and all your connections to the hard drive and your RAM modules are seated correctly.

Are you using a Microsoft Windows7 licensed cd or a copy you borrowed from a friend?

Have you tested your hard drive? Is it new in anti-static bag when you got it? Or is it used from an older system you had?

If you have a spare SATA hard drive, you can swap out with your existing SATA drive and try your Win7 load again. If it fails, you could have a Motherboard, RAM, or cable connection problem.

Answering some of these questions and posting your specs will help us to help you!

BIGBEARJEDI

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/problem-with-windows-7-install-and-asrock-drivers-install-on-asrock-z77-extreme-4-a-708593.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I've tried installing Windows 7 x64 onto this laptop but whenever I start the boot USB and hit start installation it complains about a missing a driver. It doesn't specifically state which driver but I'm pretty sure it's the M.2 SSD. It won't let me get past the first installation screen.Where can I find the drivers for Windows 7 so I can try and see if those work.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Solved: M.2 Drivers (Windows 7) for HP 15-ay013nr or Install...

I've got it running now. I've installed Windows 7 using a DVD beacuse even after slipstreaming the drivers into the iso I couldn't get Windows to recognize the USB ports. To install I used a stock Windows 7 image to burn to the DVD. I didn't think about slipstreaming any drivers into this disc (USB/Wireless/Etc). So after I installed the OS I just downloaded the drivers to another system and burned the drivers to a blank disc. Thanks for all of your help everyone. I hope this post will be found useful in the future.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Solved-M-2-Drivers-Windows-7-for-HP-15-ay013nr-or-Install/td-p/5620906
Relevancy 46.87%

This is my first post ever so here goes I have just got a used gateway mt laptop and every time I tried to start it I would get a black screen that says pre-boot eXecution environment PXE v PXE-E media test windows device drivers? Fresh install no failure check cable PXE- MOF Exiting PXE rom operating system not found so I thought I would start over and re-install the os so I put in the gateway vista home premium -bit operating system disc that came with the computer and it starts up and goes to a screen that says load driver select the driver Fresh windows install no device drivers? to be installed there is nothing for me to choose at this point so I just hit enter and then it says no device drivers were found make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers then click ok I even tried using a windows XP pro disk install making sure that the cd rom is first in the boot order and it just goes right to the same black screen as stated above any ideas at all would be great thanks nbsp

A:Fresh windows install no device drivers?

Go to system CMOS (BIOS Setup), press the F1 key at the Gateway logo
Change the Startup order to
1. CD
2 HDD

Turn PXE Off

Here's your Drivers:
http://assets.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2007/Oasis/1014554R/1014554Rul.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-windows-install-no-device-drivers.106867/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have downloaded my driver files and burned them to a cd. Now, is there any particular order I need to install them?

A:Installing Drivers after clean install of Windows 7

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. You should first run Windows Updates as that should Install most of your Drivers .. Then any that are missing can be got from the Dell Website .. As for order this is what Dell recommends ..

Dell - Windows driver install order for desktops and laptops

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/339233-installing-drivers-after-clean-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm having some issue with my computer and to solve that I'm trying to install Windows again I've yet NOT managed to do that ever on this computer which is about year old There's no multiboot or whatever BUT there is a RAID controller active and RAID is actually enabled Actually now that I threw away all content I can easily switch RAID to non-RAID but that doesn't drivers install Windows needed : device seem to help THIS problem I have a LEGAL copy of Windows which SHOULD be the Windows I had running I never installed Windows initially since the shop did that for me OK when I try to install Windows at some point it says the device drivers are not present and thus Windows cannot install It keeps looping into the Windows install : device drivers needed same error if I boot from DVD I DID use my DVD drive on Windows when I was able to use my computer I never had any issue with that I don't understand what driver I need when I am installing from DVD Either he totally cannot read the DVD but how do I end up in Windows screen then Obviously Windows want to start installation but then fails over something Maybe the disk is not valid it is new though Any advice here I disabled RAID for the moment but that does not help anything Before the re-installation this setup BIOS Intel Raid storage did report an issue with of both disks but that error is gone now It's not clear if Windows is an issue here but a clean system reacting this way obviously something is wrong

A:Windows install : device drivers needed

SATA setting have been changed from RAID to ...?

Boot from win7 install DVD and do shift+f10 . See Command Prompt at Startup

In command prompt do:

Code:
diskpart
list disk
exit
Do you see both disks (that were RAID)? Look at the disk size , so you know what is what. Assume it's disk 7 and 8 (replace with actual disk numbers!)

Code:
diskpart
select disk 7
clean
select disk 8
clean
exit
What happens?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/309305-windows-install-device-drivers-needed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently spent about 100 dollars on something that requires drivers to be used, and it does not support Windows 8. It only allows Windows 7 and Windows XP, so i need to know how to get past this and install them anyway. I have tried running it in compatibility mode, but this doesn't install the drivers properly. I am willing to install emulators for running XP or 7, if needed. Please help. 

A:Need to install drivers that aren't compatible with Windows 8

Set up dual boot?? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576715/need-to-install-drivers-that-arent-compatible-with-windows-8/
Relevancy 46.87%

When I search for updates with windows update it finds the drivers I want but it gives me an error message whenever I try to install them I already tried downloading the latest windows update when I install it it says the update was succesful and asks me to restart but when I search again after restarting the update shows up update when tries drivers to gives eror Windows install it again and lets me install it again I also tried deleting and renaming my software distribution folder and using the windows troubleshooting program Overall I'm not really too fussed about most of the things it's trying to install apart from the drivers for the wireless reciever for my xbox controller as it won't work without them When I try to install the driver files through device manager it Windows update gives eror when it tries to install drivers gives me this error message my main reason for mentioning the windows update problem is that I assume the problems are linked as the wireless reciever works perfectly on my laptop Up to about a week ago it also worked perfectly on this computer using the same Windows update gives eror when it tries to install drivers usb port that it uses now As you can see on the th it suddenly began to say quot NULL DRIVER quot I checked my system restore and it tells me that I installed a windows update on that day just before it suddenly stopped working I tried reverting back to this restore point before the update and nothing had changed the device still would not work If anyone has any suggestions or would like more information just respond to this thread Thank you

A:Windows update gives eror when it tries to install drivers

Hey mate, I recommend going to the hardware manufacturer's website to obtain drivers. Sometimes they have more up-to-date/stable drivers available that MS hasn't released yet (actually, often). It is the safest place to ensure you are getting the right driver, as well. I've had too many problems with driver updates from windows update, so I recommend turning off updating drivers (but keeping windows update automatic!).

See if this helps with your update issues: Fix Windows Update Error messages and other Windows Update issues

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/48584-windows-update-gives-eror-when-tries-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My system's information is as follows:-

System Manufacturer - Intel
System Model - D945GCR

I have installed Chipset and VGA drivers.
I went to Intel site and downloaded drivers (I am not sure whether they were the correct ones, though), but audio is not working. It shows Realtek Audio Drivers in Add/Remove programs but everything in Sounds is grayed out.

LAN drivers are not installing.
I am really confused on how to get my system up & running properly after getting drivers downloaded and installed.

The Intel website does not have a separate download section for my system model.

Please help

A:How to get/install drivers for my newly-installed Windows XP?

infinite_scale,
is your computer DELL, HP or self assembled?

Regards,
www.azandz.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-install-drivers-for-my-newly-installed-windows-xp.996218/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi.

The title says it all really.

Can anyone explain to me if this is normal, and if not, any suggestions on what I can do to rectify the problem? I got this information from Microsoft Fixit, said it had checked it.. but no fix .. if any needed??

Vista SP2 32bit.

Thank you.

A:Windows update configured to never install drivers

Welcome
I think that if you set the updater to install everything automatically, your problem will be solved
Windows Update - Windows Automatic Updating

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/298916-windows-update-configured-never-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys im new to these forums so i dont know if im posting this in the right section but anyways i want to do a clean install of my windows home premium bit i have a dell inspiron laptop not sure what model number but i think its a N or something like that anyways i just got it like a couple of months ago of this year So my question is could i install the drivers from windows update i do have the driver disc that came with it but its very confusing and not very straightforward i had to select each and every clean windows of after 7 installing drivers install drive but i dont know which one is the right one i wish it was how it was with mac bootcamp how you just pop in you mac installation disc and click next and begin to install by the way i did this twice now and it feels like my computer is slower installing drivers after clean install of windows 7 than when i first got it and it could be the dell drivers So is there anyway to do this i know you have to have internet for windows update to work but is there anyway other to do this Also i know that some computers already have the drivers install when you reformat and do a clean install im pretty sure im doing the install correctly i always go to custom advanced and reformat unless that not correct then please correct me if im wrong

A:installing drivers after clean install of windows 7

Hi,

To have Windows install important updates as they become available, turn on automatic updating. Click on the URL mentioned for reference: </SPAN>http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-automatic-updating-on-or-off

I would suggest you to install the drivers from the driver disc or you can even go to the URL mentioned for driver’s installation: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection

For windows 7 installation, you can refer to the URL which will guide you with the snapshots:
http://www.door2windows.com/how-to-install-windows-7/

Back up your files before you begin reinstalling Windows 7 if possible, even if you're reinstalling Windows 7 on a hard disk partition, and you have personal files on a separate partition. For example, if you have encrypted files, you might not be able to access them after reinstalling Windows. A custom installation replaces the current version of Windows 7and all personal files.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/255987-installing-drivers-after-clean-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I just wiped my drive and was planning to do a fresh install of windows 7 32bit or 64bit(i dont care which). I attempted 64 bit first. About halfway through the install process my screen shuts off and the fan on my graphics card starts spinning super loud. Nothing happens until I turn off the computer. If I restart the computer as soon as it begins loading windows to complete the install my screen goes dark and the gpu fan spins loud again.

My gpu is a PNY geforce 9600 GSO 768mb overclock.

I know its the graphics card due to many many tests. Is there a way to install windows but either not let it use the default drivers or give it old ones to use?(Im fairly sure theres some old ones that work)

Help in any way is appreciated.

A:Stop gpu drivers from installing during windows install

Hi.
If you go to "Devices and Printers", and right click your PC icon, then click on "Device installation settings", it will give you the option to stop Windows automatically installing drivers, which you can then revert back once you've managed to update the graphics drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/62977-stop-gpu-drivers-installing-during-windows-install.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I just formatted and installed.
Drivers missing after a Windows 8 Pro x64 UEFI Install
Here is a snapshot: http://www.mediafire.com/?8h3mriy9fr8t3h3
1) Why Windows UEFI'ed installed couln't be able to detect THOSE 3 DEVICES thus INSTALLING THEIR DRIVERS?
2) Windows Legacy Instaled misses not only 3 but 6 devices.
3) Last but not least, although identified my wireless card (BroadCom 802.11n) hence Wi-Fi drivers are installed by Win8 themselves, by connection speed is way to slow........
HELP and explain please!!

A:Drivers missing after a Windows 8 Pro x64 UEFI Install on

Mediafire appears to require that their download manager be installed. I'm not going to do that.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/17724-drivers-missing-after-windows-8-pro-x64-uefi-install.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I've tried installing Windows 7 x64 onto this laptop but whenever I start the boot USB and hit start installation it complains about a missing a driver. It doesn't specifically state which driver but I'm pretty sure it's the M.2 SSD. It won't let me get past the first installation screen.Where can I find the drivers for Windows 7 so I can try and see if those work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/M-2-Drivers-Windows-7-for-HP-15-ay013nr-or-Install-advice/td-p/5620906