Windows Support Forum

"insufficient privileges" when i am admin

Q: "insufficient privileges" when i am admin

Win8 has done something similar on a lot of occasions, but to be specific i am trying to run STALKER-Clear Sky and i get this message:

I am the admin, I have run as administrator, I set both user and admin accounts to have full access to files. I am officially stumped and windows 8 is the worst creation of all time. I would love some help and hopefully to stop this problem permanently. Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "insufficient privileges" when i am admin

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "insufficient privileges" when i am admin

Right click on the app and run it as admin. Being the admin does not mean that everything runs in admin mode (elevated mode).

If you make a shortcut of the app > go to Properties > Advanced > there is a small box to check that will always run the app in admin mode whenyou run it from the shortcut. The shortcut is best made from the .exe of the program in the program library.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/39407-insufficient-privileges-when-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Sysinfo Tech Solved: although admin privileges flash I privileg to Adobe have install Insufficient Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Solved: Insufficient privileges to install Adobe flash although I have admin privileg Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Solved: Insufficient privileges to install Adobe flash although I have admin privileg Card Solved: Insufficient privileges to install Adobe flash although I have admin privileg NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION VIOLA Antivirus UnThreat AntiVirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I have been trying to install Adobe Flash Player and have administrative privileges I keep getting the message that I have insufficient permissions I have created a new admin user and that doesn t work I have right clicked on the file and said to install as administrator no good I have disabled all my virus programs and uninstalled I-Tunes I don t know what else to do and it is so annoying that I keep getting the quot Flashplayer has stopped working quot error message over and over whenever I open Foxfire or IE Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Insufficient privileges to install Adobe flash although I have admin privileg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-insufficient-privileges-to-install-adobe-flash-although-i-have-admin-privileg.1068910/
Relevancy 93.74%

Seriously?
Really?
There is only one log on for this comptuer...mine.
Logic would dictate that I am the administrator...

Is there a way to run some sort of script at log on or is there some way to assign a log on so that I AM ALWAYS the administrator?
No one else uses this machine so, having to right click and "Run as administrator" seems just silly.

It's windows 7. The 64 bit instal.

A:"run as administrator" "browser not running with Administrative Privileges"

hi grumpops,

goto control panel-user accounts and then change user account control settings, move slider down to disable it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/run-as-administrator-browser-not-running-with-administrative-privileges-562989.html
Relevancy 92.45%

This morning when I attempted to use my computer "Insufficient "you errors resources" and don't have permission" any application IE OE everything I tried to start gave an error message paraphrasing Insufficient resources exist to "Insufficient resources" and "you don't have permission" errors complete the requested task I thought a reboot was in order and when attempting that got you do not have permission to shut down this computer or something similar After unplugging and rebooting everything seems normal but I m going to run AV anti-spyware and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Event log shows an error at the same time the server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty Server I m not networked to a server I m sure it means something else but what Recent software changes Deleting MS Antispyware due to inability to upgrade to their new Beta Defender something do to with GDI which I tried to fix by following info on the MS site and downloading some critical updates from MS I ve done searches on the errors and the answers don t apply I ll probably revert my HD with an application called GoBack if the scans don t find anything but thought you people might know what caused this Win K is my OS I ll be checking for responses as I can t get response notices due to my ISP Thanks in advance Randall nbsp

A:"Insufficient resources" and "you don't have permission" errors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/insufficient-resources-and-you-dont-have-permission-errors.489036/
Relevancy 88.58%

Anyone tried deleting a registry key in Windows nbsp Got quot access denied quot or quot Error while deleting key quot The usual response is key" deleting ADMIN! or Permissions -"Access AS while Denied" "Error EVEN Regedit quot You need to run regedit as an administrator quot nbsp but I AM logged in as Administrator and running regedit as administrator trying to assign administrator full permissions on that registry key in order to delete it nbsp Am I mistaken or isn't Regedit Permissions -"Access Denied" or "Error while deleting key" EVEN AS ADMIN! Administrator supposed to be able to administer and control all the settings on the computer in order to set it up for the quot Average Joe quot user So under the permissions menu of that key go to advanced change the owner from System to Administrator and try again nbsp It's no longer saying quot access denied quot but quot Cannot delete xxxxxx Error while deleting key quot The scenario Basically the wireless has stopped working on a laptop The device does not show up in Device Manager but is in the registry so the normal procedure is to delete the registry entry for the device in HKLM System CurrentControlSet and ControlSet Enum PCI nbsp nbsp then attach the device or restart the computer it finds the quot new quot hardware and reinstalls it Easy Not with permission restrictions on the administrator account it's not nbsp So I need to give myself permission to give myself permission to do a simple task like delete a single registry key nbsp Why Microsoft why nbsp Please just make the Administrator account a hidden quot God mode quot account that can do anything and make the lives of us techies much easier in the process nbsp RANT Now where did I put that XP disc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/56fed319-a532-46a4-a384-fd795998c4a3/regedit-permissions-quotaccess-deniedquot-or-quoterror-while-deleting-keyquot-even-as?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 87.72%

I'd like to assign a few select "domain users" to be local admin over their test machines which log into a domain. The test machines are Windows 7 64bit and the domain is Win2k8 R2. I have been searching around for the best way to do it but I've come up short on my search.

Anyone know off the top of their head?

Thanks

A:Assigning "domain user" to "local admin" on select PCs

Create a new group in AD, for example, TestUsers
Add the required users to the group
Go round each machine and add the group as a member of local admins.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47604-assigning-domain-user-local-admin-select-pcs.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I am going 'round & 'round with this issue. I log on as limited user account for security. However, when I am on that acct, I cannot copy files to the external HP drive - I have to switch over to the admin user account to do so. In order to use the limited account for this operation, I have read that you should disable simple file sharing, (on admin acct), then rt clik on the file u want to copy - this then opens a menu with security tab where you are supposed to be able to give full control to the limited acct for that file. My admin acct that brings up this menu has those boxes to check grayed out. Also, do you have to rt click and give full permission for any file that you want to copy? (once you have this all figured out) - Seems a bit cumbersome. Any ideas anyone?? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-hp-pocket-media-drive-as-limited-user-not-admin.912069/
Relevancy 86.43%

I cannot HJT "add/remove no "RUN", to admin. prog", LOG and access issues and get to HJT LOG and no access to "RUN", "add/remove prog", and admin. issues the quot run quot application i cannot HJT LOG and no access to "RUN", "add/remove prog", and admin. issues fins the add remove programs disappeared from control panel and it denies me access to things bc it says i am not the administrator when i am also my windows update thing always says i have new updates to install even after i installed them every time i startup or shutdown it takes forever saying it's updating the computer stage here's the log from hjt Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccGuide exe C Program Files XPSMiniViewGadget XPSMiniViewGadget exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files SetPoint LBTWiz exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO CDLPObj Object - BE ED -CA - B - CCE- FB E D AA - C Windows mpcodecplg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hjt-log-and-no-access-to-run-add-remove-prog-and-admin-issues-304705.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi everybody I've made a lot of progress with this external drive the descriptors fix disk space to data "Insufficient security stream." but I seem to be stuck now ------------------------------------------------- Unidentified problem with TB external drive USB enclosure that the computer "Insufficient disk space to fix the security descriptors data stream." suddenly started treating as RAW Spent the last two weeks running CHKDSK r repeatedly Slowly got through many hundreds of indexing errors Now I get as far as quot verifying security descriptors stage of quot but I seem to have hit a wall here CHKDSK won t go any further because there is quot Insufficient disk "Insufficient disk space to fix the security descriptors data stream." space to fix the security "Insufficient disk space to fix the security descriptors data stream." descriptors data stream quot Microsoft s advice Error Message is of no help to me They say to delete some unneeded files from the disk and try again which doesn t help me since I can t get the drive to mount or stay mounted long enough to copy the files onto a different drive ------------------------------------------------- The drive behaves differently each times I power up its enclosure but it is usually one of these things Drive doesn't mount Drive mounts after a few minutes I see a generic quot Local Disk L quot in Windows Explorer but when I try to explore its folders the computer takes about minutes trying to read it I can see the progress bar moving slowly across the top of the screen and then says that quot The parameter is incorrect quot Drive disappears from Windows Explorer Drive mounts after a few minutes I see the full Volume name that I originally gave it and can see all of the folders subfolders However I cannot open or copy any files from the drive on the few occasions I've gotten this far I tried to copy some files from the drive to a different drive thinking that I could free up some space and maybe get further along in the CHKDSK process I hit quot Copy quot on a single folder on the bad drive and then hit Paste on my target drive The computer spent an incredibly long time quot calculating quot the file names sizes Hours later there was a new error message An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file Error x fD The request could not be performed because of an I O device error I clicked on quot Try Again quot and got the following error message An error has occurred The destination you have specified does not exist The drive had already dismounted --------------------------------------------- Sometimes after the drive mounts I run CHKDSK but it says that the drive is RAW Then I ll power-cycle the enclosure and try again and CHKDSK says that the drive is NTFS and run its course until I get to the quot Insufficient disk space to fix the security descriptors data stream quot message Then I'm back at the command prompt and I must power-cycle the enclosure before I can continue Sometimes when the drive finally mounts I now see a frame pop up asking if I want to scan and fix the drive I tried it once but the system hanged and the drive eventually dismounted Now I just click on quot Continue without scanning quot --------------------------------------------- I ve tried plugging the drive into internal bays inside two different desktops each running Win x and UEFI but it is never recognized by either computer s BIOS Windows Explorer or Disk Management My only success thus far has been via the external USB enclosure -------------------------------------- This is my dilemma The folders files all appear to be on the drive but I can t get the drive to stay mounted long enough to copy anything onto a new drive in order to free up enough space for CHKDSK to finish What can I do here Any thoughts or advice Would using a different CHKDSK option make any difference Is there any way to get the computer to use C drive space to complete whatever tasks i... Read more

A:"Insufficient disk space to fix the security descriptors data stream."

Someone? Anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349687-insufficient-disk-space-fix-security-descriptors-data-stream.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Here is my system info ------------------ System the Environment 8.1 "There for is Runtime to windows memory insufficient continue" Java Information ------------------ Time of this report nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Machine name JULIANS nbsp nbsp Operating System Windows -bit Build winblue ltsb - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUS nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp System Model All Series nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BIOS BIOS Date Ver nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Page File MB used MB available nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Windows Dir C Windows nbsp nbsp DirectX Version DirectX --------------- Display Devices --------------- nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer NVIDIA nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Chip type GeForce GTX Ti nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp DAC type Integrated RAMDAC nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type Full Device nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A nbsp nbsp nbsp windows 8.1 "There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue" Display Memory MB nbsp nbsp Dedicated Memory MB nbsp nbsp nbsp Shared Memory MB nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Current Mode x bit Hz nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor nbsp nbsp nbsp Monitor Model K nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Monitor Id CRO nbsp nbsp nbsp windows 8.1 "There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue" nbsp Native Mode x p Hz nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Output Type HDMI nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English nbsp nbsp nbsp Driver Version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp DDI Version nbsp nbsp nbsp Feature Levels nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Driver Model WDDM Graphics Preemption DMA nbsp Compute Preemption DMA nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Miracast Not Supported by WiFi driver Hybrid Graphics GPU Integrated nbsp nbsp nbsp Power P-states Not Supported nbsp Driver Attributes Final Retail nbsp nbsp Driver Date windows 8.1 "There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue" Size bytes nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp WHQL Logo'd Yes ------------------------ Disk amp DVD CD-ROM Drives ------------------------ nbsp nbsp nbsp Drive C nbsp Free Space GB Total Space GB File System NTFS nbsp nbsp nbsp Model Samsung SSD EVO TB nbsp nbsp nbsp Drive E nbsp Free Space GB Total Space GB File System NTFS nbsp nbsp nbsp Model TOSHIBA MD ACA --- When I try and run weblogic c with one admin server and two managed servers the second managed server fails with the following There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue Native memory allocation mmap failed to map bytes for object start array expansion An error report file with more information is saved as C Oracle Middleware FMW c DomAppHome DomHome originalDomain hs err pid log Java HotSpot TM -Bit Server VM warning ignoring option PermSize m support was removed in Java HotSpot TM -Bit Server VM warning ignoring option MaxPermSize m support was removed in --- Here's some snippets of the hs err report that may be helpful There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue Native memory allocation mmap failed to map bytes for object start array expansion Possible reasons nbsp The system is out of physical RAM or swap space nbsp In bit mode the process size limit was hit Possible solutions nbsp Reduce memory load on the system nbsp Increase physical memory or swap space nbsp Check if swap backing store is full nbsp Use bit Java on a bit OS nbsp Decrease Java heap size -Xmx -Xms nbsp Decrease number of Java threads nbsp Decrease Java thread stack sizes -Xss nbsp Set larger code cache with -XX ReservedCodeCacheSize This output file may be truncated or incomplete nbsp Out of M... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/390becce-10d6-4a44-8109-5887e9e9f427/windows-81-quotthere-is-insufficient-memory-for-the-java-runtime-environment-to-continuequot?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 84.28%

Whenever I click "Check for Updates" in the Windows 7 update dialog, the scanning bar moves and moves, but it never passes this step. In eventvwr, there's an error with description:

"Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

Windows updates never install. This is my laptop in my signature, so system resources shouldn't be a problem, what with 3 GB ram available, core2duo, etc. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Thank you!

A:windows 7 update hangs, "insufficient system resources" error

Hi -

How much HDD space is available?

Have you cleaned out temp file storage areas?
START | cleanmgr

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-update-hangs-insufficient-system-resources-error-510212.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a user who gets insufficient resources errors at random times during the day browsing resources" Outlook "Insufficient 2007 error system causing to her network drives causes this error The drive is not displayed Printing causes this error The document does not print She basically can t do anything The system has gb of memory not a ton but taskmgr shows there is lots of room there CPU usage also isn t high Programs usually running are Autocad Outlook and Outlook 2007 causing "Insufficient system resources" error random programs pdf Outlook 2007 causing "Insufficient system resources" error documents in Acrobat Pro Internet Explorer I close out Outlook and the error goes away she is able to print and continue as normal I open Outlook back up and she is running fine for a while I remember older versions of Office creating a memory leak which was addressed in patches and service packs but I didn t think a memory leak issue existed in Anyone else seen this kind of behaviour and if so solutions Spyware malware virus free No google toolbars or yahoo toolbars present nbsp

A:Outlook 2007 causing "Insufficient system resources" error

What are the settings for the Swap file?

Can you post the complete error message as it appears on the screen?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-causing-insufficient-system-resources-error.954252/
Relevancy 84.28%

This happens on a windows xp, srvice pack 3. Not using any programs that is using a lot of memory, no videos or games. Started last week.

also have received error saying "not enough storage is available to proceed with this command" when I try to open up any other programs.

I've ran numerous scans, and the next step is for me to do some work in the registry, but wanted to get some advice first.

I've read to increase the IRPStackSize, haven't done that yet. Any suggestions?

A:"insufficient system resources exist to complet the requested service"

tell about your computer, cpu, ram, harddrive size and free space on c, and video card

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/insufficient-system-resources-exist-to-complet-the-requested-service-527500.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Yes, Differant case, same problem. As the previous post, I loaded Access 97 on an XP Home edition set-up. I also get the same memory problems popping up.
Here are my stats:
Pentium 4 3.20 GHz
1.0 GB RAM
150 GB HD
Any suggestions?

A:Solved: Win XP + Access 97: "Insufficient Memory"- differant case

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win-xp-access-97-insufficient-memory-differant-case.788305/
Relevancy 84.28%

For some time my wife's computer has been running real slow - i "insufficient runs pandascan 112 pc resources" per - spyware slow recently bumped memory up to pc runs slow - "insufficient resources" spyware 112 per pandascan gig and it did pc runs slow - "insufficient resources" spyware 112 per pandascan not pc runs slow - "insufficient resources" spyware 112 per pandascan help much Before and after i get 'insufficient system resources' and or 'microsoft is re-allocating memory is the word virtual i have tried steps - but dss hangs and quits tell microsoft at orafter 'clear temps' I cleared temps with disk cleaner microsoft system tools and ran hijack this without dss did not try dss after disk cleaner in this email i am putting hijack log first and then panda log - should i have appended panda log not clear to me from steps I appreciate you all out there thanks rick berry Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee services safetyCore ver aolavupd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe C Program Files CA PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C PROGRA mcafee com ANTIVI mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files mcafee com personal firewall MPFService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C Program Files IC Card Reader Driver v e Disk Monitor exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer starz starzd exe C WINDOWS system lxamsp exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X printray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee services safetyCore ver AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files mcafee com antivirus oasclnt exe C Program Files mcafee com antivirus mcvsescn exe C PROGRA PURENE PORTMA PortAOL exe C Program Files mcafee com personal firewall MPfTray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files LexmarkX AcBtnMgr X exe C Program Files America Online waol exe C Program Files LexmarkX ACMonitor X exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee SSCEvtHdlr exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BlueSoleil exe C Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe C Program Files TRENDnet TRENDnet TEW- UB Trendnet exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files America Online shellmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE C DOCUME OFFICE LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http as starware com dp search x w bYjMWowT E g R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook no name - - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C... Read more

A:pc runs slow - "insufficient resources" spyware 112 per pandascan

Hello and welcome to TSF. I apologize for the delay in responding to your log.

I recommend you Subscribe to this thread so you are notified of any replies via email. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop . Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - minimised > extra.txt and maximised > main.txt.
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt back in this thread (do not attach it).
Please attach extra.txt to your post.

To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pc-runs-slow-insufficient-resources-spyware-112-per-pandascan-169279.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey guys,

I've experienced a problem with my particular iTunes program in Windows 7. Whenever the iTunes program was running, it gives me an error stating in the form of a dialog(ue) box:

"The iTunes Library file cannot be saved. You do not have enough access priviges for this operation."

At first, I thought there was a virus that could have altered some files, but I've found out that my trusty 'ol AVG antivirus (free version 2012) that was doing a routine antivirus scan and that would have led into that error.

However, when I stopped the Antivirus scan - the error has simply gone away....

I was wondering how can I prevent this particular problem from re-occurring?

A:Windows 7: iTunes states that a "library file cannot be saved - insufficient rights"

it is scanning your library for nasties If you want to take a chance and if you are sure there will never be a nasty from something you may have downloaded and added to the library, you can exclude folders by using the "Scan specific files or folders" scan.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-itunes-states-that-a-library-file-cannot-be-saved-insufficient-rights-649548.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Currently i am running Windows XP Home and the following message apears whenever i click on any item on desktop or try to run a program such as internet explorer or even open a section of control panel.

"Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"

I cannot open any program other than access My Documents, My Computer or Control Panel.

I dont know what has happened and what i should do to be able to use my system again. My system is only 8 months old and currently has over 16GB of free space.

Any help would me much appreciated as i need the computer for work purposes.

A:Crisis! - "insufficient system resources exist..."

From your info you may want to Go through the Highjack this procedure Read this First

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crisis-insufficient-system-resources-exist-76871.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I realized there was a problem when I tried to uninstall some programs and was not able to make a system restore point. I opened system restore and saw that the last restore point was 2 months ago. I tried to make a restore point and I got the message that there was insufficient storage (it was set to 15% of a 465 hard drive with 92 used). I turned off System Restore,turned it on again and the same error when I tried to make a sys. restore point. I could live without it because I have some backup devices but would like to fix this if I could. Any ideas appreciated. (I have the W7 Home Edition, 64 bit).

A:System restore not working - "insufficient storage"

Did it give you error code something like this? "(0x8004231F)"

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/283231-system-restore-not-working-insufficient-storage.html
Relevancy 83.85%

HI there I have followed the steps to recovery my computer freezes an hr or after startup Initially after startup performance is ok Only a recent problem Attached is the saved log from panda's online virus scan as well as extra memory "insufficient is program resources" a when opened txt quot insufficient memory resources quot comes up when a program is opened when the system freezes "insufficient memory resources" when a program is opened Also i am unable to shut down normally CHEERS IN ADVANCE will Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Owner on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Owner exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system oodag exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system "insufficient memory resources" when a program is opened ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dss exe c Program Files Microsoft Money System urlmap exe C PROGRA HIJACK Owner exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http au hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO My Global Search Bar BHO - B A - B- - CAD- E - C Program Files MyGlobalSearch bar bin MGSBAR DLL O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - c Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Cisco Systems VPN Client lnk C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client vpngui exe O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload amp with BitComet - res C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddLink htm O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all video with BitComet - res C Program Files Bi... Read more

A:"insufficient memory resources" when a program is opened

Hi and welcome to the Security Forum.

Apologies for any delay in replying, but we have been rather busy lately, and, of course, all our helpers are volunteers.

My name is Iain and I will be helping you clean your system.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix. You should not have any open browsers or live internet connections when you are following the procedures below.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your log is clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

P2P - I see you have P2P software (i.e. BitComet) installed on your machine. We are not here to pass judgment on file-sharing as a concept. However, we will warn you that engaging in this activity and having this kind of software installed on your machine will always make you more susceptible to re-infections. It may be contributing to your current situation. This page will give you further information. Note: Even if you are using a "safe" P2P program, it is only the program that is safe. You will be sharing files from uncertified sources, and these are often infected. P2P file sharing is used as a major conduit to spread malware.

Show Hidden Files
Go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled. Also make sure that the System files and Folders are showing / visible. Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files option.

Downloads
Please download Cleanup! or use this Alternate Link if the main link does not work and install it. You will use this later.
*NOTE* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temporary folders and does NOT make backups. If you have any files in any TEMP directory and you need to keep them, then please MOVE THEM NOW!

Download AVG Anti Spyware

Use the link at the bottom of the page under "AVG Anti-Spyware Free for Windows"

Install AVG Anti Spyware
Double-click the icon on Desktop to launch AVG
On the top of the main screen click Shield
Click the word active to change it to inactive
On the top of the main screen click Update.
Then click on Start Update. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
Under "Reports"Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
Un-Select "Only if threats were found"

When you have finished updating, EXIT AVG Anti Spyware.

Services
Click Start > Run - type SERVICES.MSC & then click on the OK buttonLocate the service - Microsoft windows FTPd
Double-click on it to open the Properties dialog.Under the General tab, note down the name of "Service name". We shall need it later.

Stop the service by using the Stop button.
Change the Startup type to Disabled & then click on the OK button
Then start HiJackThis & go to Config > Misc.Tools...> Delete an NT service...
In the popup box that appears, type in "Service name", i.e the name of the service you just noted as above, & then click on the OK button

Reboot
Reboot your system in Safe Mode.Restart the computer. The computer begins processing a set of instructions known as BIOS.
After hearing your computer beep once during startup... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/insufficient-memory-resources-when-a-program-is-opened-158510.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I used Creative Lab's Wave Studio for years with a single problem.

I loaded it onto my sister's computor and the first time I tried to save a file, I got an error message saying:

"There is insufficient disk space to save (file name)."

She had several gigs of open space so I just chalked it up to something funky of her PC.

A few weeks later, my HD crashed, so I installed a new one and re-loaded my software. When I fired up my Wave Studio (version 4.02), I got the same message. Now I had roughly 75 GIGS of free space.

I'm not a newcomer to the world of software troubleshooting, but this one has me stumped.

Any help would go a long way to restoring my sanity.

Rich

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wave-studio-insufficient-disk-space.196218/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi, new user here.

Well, bought an used notebook with some car diagnostics software on, and a hardware USB-interface.
The laptop though, runs a Windows 7 x64 Enterprise, which i believe is a "copy". The machine got a OEM Windows 7 x64 Pro sticker underneath.
Did try the downgrade trick, mentioned allover this forum, but for some reason it does not work.
I had to uninstall SP1, as I didn't have a SP1 DVD ready on hand.

When running the compabilityscan, I get the following error; (roughly translated from Danish)

"There is not sufficient discspace in partition (G . There must be at least 15 MB free space."

Note: Partition G: is a partition on 100 MB created by the Windows installation. Theres ~200 gig free on my SSD, which also held the G:, when the installation is started.

Any clues what to do from here?

Thanks.

A:Windows 7 x64 "downgrade" - Insufficient disc space.

Bump..

Is it really possible, i'm the only with this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/377607-windows-7-x64-downgrade-insufficient-disc-space.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a Compaq laptop that developed bad sectors on the hard drive. I am trying to reformat the hard drive. I have the Windows 98se program cd and have created a boot disk. I get to the a: prompt and type in format c: and answer yes to the question of whether or not it is okay to lose all info on the c: drive. The computer then starts the process and gets to 49% and stops and gives me the message "insufficient memory". It will not go any further.
What do I need to do? I have tried to supply more memory by removing several software programs on the computer (didn't know if that would work or not) it didn't do a bit of good......help!!! Do I need a new hard drive or what?

Relevancy 83.85%

Hello all, I started having problems with my pc a few days ago and kept getting this message while trying to boot it up. I'm using a friends lap top to post this to try and get some answers.

Every single time I start up my pc, I get the message that's in my title. I've even tried booting it in safe mode and I still get this message. I've seen threads and posts about this issue, but they all started receiving this message while thier pc's were actually able to get xp to boot.

I'm hoping that this is posted in the right forum.

Can anyone tell me something I can do to get it to work again?

Thanks!

A:"Insufficient system resoures exist to complete the API"

Hmm, I've seen anything from too much ram Vs. not enough HDD space, to hibernation issues.

A suggested fix is detailed below, considering you can't get into the system, even in Safemode:

Removing all but 1 stick of memory, booting into Safemode, unchecking the "Enable Hibernation" box in power Properties, deleting the 'hiberfil.sys' file and then reinstalling your memory.

See 'http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909095' and 'http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330909' for further insight.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/insufficient-system-resoures-exist-to-complete-the-api-366411.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I want to defrag my C and E drives before Norton Ghost backs them up.

Norton Ghost will run a batch file before the backup, so I made a simple one:

C:\Windows\System32\Defrag.exe C: E:

It won't run, however. I get an error message saying I have "insufficient permission" to run Defrag.exe.

The permission for my user name on this file allows reading and execution. It does not permit any permission revisions, even though I have administrator status.

Any suggestions?

A:Defrag.exe won't run from a batch file. "Insufficient permission."

Did you right click the batch file and select run as Administrator?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305446-defrag-exe-wont-run-batch-file-insufficient-permission.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have already resolved this problem but the situation was confusing enough that it seems to me to be worth posting "Insufficient Canon ScanGear Memory" Toolbox the story in hopes of being of use to somebody else I have a CanoScan N U scanner attached to a Windows PC with no printer Across my network is Canon ScanGear Toolbox "Insufficient Memory" a Windows XP SP PC with a Canon BJC- bubble jet printer This configuration was working great until my Windows XP PC died and I replaced it with a brand new Windows XP SP Canon ScanGear Toolbox "Insufficient Memory" PC On my Win PC I deleted the old printer definition added the printer definition on the new XP PC and verified that I was able to print But when I tried to copy from the scanner to the printer I got an error message indicating that it could not print due to quot Insufficient memory quot Since I had the same amount of memory as always this was perplexing As it turns out the message is completely wrong I resolved the problem by updating the Canon software on the Win PC There are actually things to download from the Canon web site a delete-driver utility a ScanGear Toolbox package and the scanner driver package The recommended sequence is unplug the USB cable from the scanner run the delete-driver utility to delete the current scanner driver install the new ScanGear Toolbox install the new driver plug in the USB cable I find it bizarre that replacing one XP system with another introduced this problem when the scanner was not even connected to the system that was replaced and the printer did not change My best guess is that perhaps the underlying trigger for the problem was that the new XP system is using a newer printer driver nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-scangear-toolbox-insufficient-memory.457473/
Relevancy 83.85%

My HDD shows 21GB+ free yet MS Word will not save and says "Insufficient memory. Not enough disc space". Norton AV and Trend Micro scans detected no virus, Add-Aware and Spybot found nothing either.

Had a quick read about [email protected] or [email protected] on Symantec's site and their fix warns that I may have to re-install Word afterwards.

Is there any way I can confirm this is the problem before I try their removal tool?

I have Word 2002 btw, any help will be appreciated,

TIA

Relevancy 83.85%

I cannot map 2 network drives for a user. I get the error "insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." The server resources and his system resources are fine. Just to make sure I ran disk clean and defrag. I made sure he had all windows updates and all latest drivers for his machine. The user said that the drives just disappeared one day. He is able to connect to the network. Any ideas?

A:Cannot map network drive - "insufficient system resources"

Check this solution.
http://www.chicagotech.net/wineventid.htm

Event ID 2019, 2020, 2021 2022
"Windows cannot logon you because the profile cannot be loaded"
"Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"
"Not enough storage available to process this command"

Symptoms: Some hardware like 3COM Dynamic Access Protocol and USRobotics PCI 56K faxmodem, and software such as Symantec's Norton AntiVirus, Open File Manager and overloading services can cause to leak non-paged pool memory. You may get the following symptoms.
1.You may receive Event ID 2019, "The server was unable to allocate from the system non-paged pool because the pool was empty".
2. Your server may lose network connectivity with its clients and report the following errors in the event log: Event ID: 2020, "The server was unable to allocate from the system paged pool because the pool was empty".
3. Event ID: 2021: Server was unable to create a work item n times in the last seconds seconds.
4. Event ID 2022: "The server was unable to find a free connection 4 times in the last 60 seconds".
5. Your server may stop accepting new user connections and you may receive this message "Windows cannot logon you because the profile cannot be loaded. Contact your network administrator. DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."
6. You may receive the following error: "Not enough storage available to process this command".
7. If you keep getting above errors without fixing, the server may need to reboot.

Resolutions: 1. Apply the Latest Service Pack.
2. Apply the Latest Device Driver Updates.
3. Examine the Hard Disks for Errors and Defrayment the Hard Disk Drives.
4. Upgrade or apply SP to the suspect software.
5. Try to maximize the resources that can be made available to the Server service. This may eliminate the error messages or only lessen the frequency of the errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-map-network-drive-insufficient-system-resources.649651/
Relevancy 83.42%

I am trying to download Adobe Digital Editions and I keep receiving the error message

Unable to elevate to administrative rights, error 786

I am the admin! I have turned off the password, I have right clicked on the program and chosen 'run as admin'-then nothing happens.
Any help would be appreciated

A:"Unable to elevate to admin rights" error, when admin user

Try this:

Quote:
SOLUTION: download the setup.exe for ADE, not using the flash install version.

Before you run it, right click on it and check "run as administrator" under the compatability tab. Also under the general tab I clicked on "unblock," which might have made a difference.

From a similar issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/953278?tstart=0

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/359020-unable-elevate-admin-rights-error-when-admin-user.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I'm installing a new laptop for a user whose old laptop is starting to break down. He needs Access 97 in order to be able to look into an old database that is not in production use anymore, and that we have been unable to correctly migrate to a later version.

I installed Access 97 from the original CD with the original product key, and the installation as such runs smoothly, but then when I try to run Access it immediately throws up an "insufficient memory" error (or rather, its equivalent in Dutch). Right after that it says that a system error has occurred or there was insufficient memory to run Microsoft Access.

On his old laptop, that has the same version of Windows XP, Access 97 does run properly.

I've tried running Access 97 in Win95, Win98, WinNT or Win2k compatibility mode to no avail.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 82.99%

I am experiencing an interesting problem with system resources in Windows XP which quite frankly is driving me mad When the PC has been on for some time say hours it grinds to a halt and I get the following message "Insufficient resources system exist..." when I try to open an application etc quot insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service quot Nothing will fix it other "Insufficient system resources exist..." than to crash out and re-boot The PC is then fine for another hours or so I have already re-formatted this PC reinstalled Windows XP and a conservative repertoire of well known programs but to no avail Can anyone please tell me why this is happening and what I can do to fix it The PC is running perfectly otherwise I just wondered if there were any issues with Norton Antivirus as this program seems to be quite memory intensive Spec AMD Athlon XP ghz RAM Win XP Home fully updated with all patches Many thanks Esmeralda Below is my Hijack This log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System qmgvusd exe C program files Roxio GoBack GBTray exe C program files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp psc series Bin hpobrt exe C PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS System hpoipm exe C program files Roxio GoBack GBPoll exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOFXM exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Ian and Jane Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer cache -ldst server ntli net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO no name - SOFTWARE - no file O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Acrobat Reader Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - E - F- - BE - FAC - C DOCUME ALLUSE APPLIC IESERV IEService dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System MSDXM ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Jet Detection C Program Files Creative SBAudigy PROGRAM ADGJDet exe O - HKLM Run PestPatrol Control Center C PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exe O - HKLM Run PPMemCheck C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe O - HKLM Run CookiePatrol C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe O - HKLM Run WeP c documents and settings ian and jane local settings temp WeP exe O - HKLM Run LSPS mGsW c documents and settings ian and jane local settings temp LSPS mGsW exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Fil... Read more

Relevancy 82.99%

This is long as I ve been trying to fix this problem for weeks When I try to use video-editing software Videowave I get a message that states quot There are insufficient graphics capabilities for the application to run quot I haven t changed anything about the PC and have run this software successfully for years The video drivers used for this machine haven t been updated by Dell for years I have the graphics card that came capabilities" graphics "Insufficient Videowave: with Here s a screen shot of the Device Manager Memory capacity Virtual memory Make and model number of your motherboard Service Tag dm I tried a System Restore to an earlier date Well here Videowave: "Insufficient graphics capabilities" is the deal with that When I do that the restore points only go back to August I m fairly positive that this is not an early enough date but I try that anyway Once the machine goes through the motions to restore restarts etc it gives me a message that it can t be restored to that date and nothing has been changed I tried the August and th dates and I get the same message There don t seem to be any earlier restore point dates available and when I click on the arrow to go back to an earlier month the arrow button doesn t work Maybe it can t go back any further than August I rebooted anyway and upon trying to run Videowave I get the same error message as the beginning of this question nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello all, I am encountering the following issue when trying to install XTU, "verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services".

I am trying to install on a newly purchased Asus ROG G751JT running Win 8.1. I have been trying to sort this out for days and its driving me crazy!!
I have tried everything I know over the past 24 hours but to no avail and your help would be much appreciated.

A:Installing XTU, "verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services"

XTU? What is this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-xtu-verify-that-you-have-sufficient-privileges-to-install-system-services.215866/
Relevancy 82.99%

Someone used my computer the other day and thought they were doing me a favour by clicking "Always run as administrator" in the Run As dialog box.
As a result, every time I press Win-R I am told that "This task will be created with Administrative Privileges" and I can't find any way to reset this back to default.
I've tried looking in User Access Control but the slider seems ineffective.
I've also looked in secpol.msc but I'm not sure what I'm looking for or if I'm even in the right place.
It's driving me nuts. Would anyone be so kind as to help me out? Many thanks.

A:How do I disable "This task will be created with Administrative Privileges" in the Run As dialog box?

Hi,

Base on my test and research, there?s impossible to disable this notification message.

Thank you for your understanding.
Regards,
Leo  
HuangLeo Huang
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/924d8298-1229-420e-80d8-8e3377e7788b/how-do-i-disable-quotthis-task-will-be-created-with-administrative-privilegesquot-in-the-run-as?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi guys.

My daughter's laptop has w7 on it, and there's a weird issue. All the damn time, it seems, she gets this little popup box that just says "Administrator privileges are required". and that's it, with just an OK button underneath. What the hell is that and how can I find out what program launched it?

Now, one problem is that she's always looking for Minecraft mods and as such keeps stumbling onto pages that install stupid toolbars and stuff (which I keep cleaning out), but I have zero idea what this popup is about.

Thanks in advance.

A:Random popup, just "Administrator Privileges are Required"?

Hi PrimoOptimoso,

Please share some more details pertaining to the issue for a better understanding:

- When does the 'popup' occur? Does launching any application trigger it? Or it comes up by itself?
- What type of 'User account' is being used by your daughter? Is it a 'standard account' or an 'administrator account': User accounts: frequently asked questions?
- Does the 'popup message' ask for a 'password' also? What happens when you click 'OK'? Please share a screenshot of the 'pop-up' that is observed; should be helpful.
- Which 'anti-virus' is installed in the system? Is it updated and have you tried running a security scan?
- If a third party security software is in use, would suggest you to try installing 'Microsoft Security Essentials' and recheck results. (Please remove the currently installed security software before installing Microsoft Security Essentials'
- Unplug all 'external peripheral devices' and check if the popup re-appears (if it appears by itself)
- Also share if you've observed any 'error message' or 'abnormality' in the system performance apart from this popup

A similar message may result from the 'User Access Control', which is a built-in security feature in 'Windows': What is User Account Control?

Do reply with the finding; will take it forward from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280117-random-popup-just-administrator-privileges-required.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Out of nowhere I suddenly found myself unable to open one specific program Won't "Please with login privileges" administrator EXE Open, Error When trying to open it I get the error message quot Please login with administrator privileges and try again quot Obviously doing exactly that is my next step However nothing happens when I try to right click and run it as administrator Thinking something must have gotten corrupted within the program I went to uninstall it Trying to do so proved troublesome as each time I attempted an uninstall through Add Remove a Program nothing would happen I finally succeeded after downloading the IObit Uninstaller Once the program was reinstalled I found myself back to square one Still the same error message persists and I have no luck when running as administrator I am EXE Won't Open, "Please login with administrator privileges" Error not experiencing this issue with any other program and have run a virus adware scan to be safe Of course I've restarted my PC a number of times and have tried to EXE Won't Open, "Please login with administrator privileges" Error run it through Safe Mode all to no avail Finally after some Google searching I attempted to disable UAC which again did nothing Any ideas I should add that I haven't installed anything since last running the program successfully If it matters it is a computer game from called Medal of Honor that I have had on my PC without issue for years

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/381192-exe-wont-open-please-login-administrator-privileges-error.html
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

when you right click on a text file, and click on either "edit" or "open with notepad" - is there any way of setting it so that the resultant notepad window is opened in "administrator" mode? (i'm getting fed up of editing a file, going to save and being told I don't have the right privileges to save it...)

Similarly - if you have a window open, and press shift and right click - it gives you an "open command window here" option - is there any way of getting that command window open with administrator privileges?
And finally - is there a way of elevating a process which is already running to have admin privileges?
This is in windows ultimate 64bit.

Thanks

A:Elevating processes to "administrator" privileges

Firstly I don't know where you are trying to save files but if you are trying to save them in the typical locations (documents, desktop, etc) you shouldn't get an access error. If you are trying to save elsewhere then you really shouldn't be. None the less you should be able to give yourself access. Disclaimer: be very careful when changing file/folder permissions especially under c:/windows and c:/Program files. I recommend that you do not mess with those folders. I have found though that no matter what the user does Vista will still refuse to give access to some of the most critical areas of the system. Folder Permissions

Second when I right click on the notepad shortcut I get run as administrator. Do you not get that?

Similarly - if you have a window open, and press shift and right click - it gives you an "open command window here" option - is there any way of getting that command window open with administrator privileges?

I'm not following what you are trying to do. Sorry.

And finally - is there a way of elevating a process which is already running to have admin privileges?

I doubt it since the program is already running with standard access.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301051-elevating-processes-administrator-privileges.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi All.

I'm running Windows 8.1 (standard/ home edition) and can't download a couple .exe files. I get "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder". errors. I'm the only user on this computer and have administrator access.

The file resides on mediafire and via my ipad I was able to manage to transfer it to dropbox, but I still get the same error. The filename (partial) is created but no further downloading is done.

I can't take ownership of the file-- it doesn't exist on my computer yet.
I can't change the local security policy (I understand this is only available in Win 8 Pro version).
UAC is already disabled as much as I can figure (via the slider set to never notify).

Short of setting up a super admin account (would this even work?), can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

thanks in advance,

Frank

A:Can't download exe file-- ""You'll need to provide admin"

Where are you trying to download to? What is the full path?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47827-cant-download-exe-file-youll-need-provide-admin.html
Relevancy 79.98%

First I am quite new week to Win I come from XP which I loved and hated to leave However I'm running a Dell Precision M Gb ram I quad core and Windows -bit I took my computer out of the box booted it created an administrative account with user been privileges" "need demoted I've administrator name and password I setup the network installed a ton of software I I've been demoted "need administrator privileges" use daily and a purchased copy of AVG with firewall groan Firefox Thunderbird Office Solidworks AutoCAD blah blah blah Everything was great So I come in several days after the initial install to find my one and only account has been quot demoted quot I no longer have privileges to install software or change some of my own friggin icons I am the only admin account I have always been I am the big cheese on this computer I research Google read tried stuff checked stuff I activated the built in admin account now I can change stuff but quot MY quot account is still demoted I have no idea why or what happened It my account SAYS admin but it doesn't have admin privileges that I am accustomed too Is this a built in security quot annoyance quot of Windows or did I do something wrong I've been treating this like any XP system which is not right I know but I'm still learning this Win OS No good feelings so far I mean it's pretty it's stable but what a headache Any ideas I'm thinking I did something wrong bc everyone LOVES Win But I can't image what when how I changed anything

A:I've been demoted "need administrator privileges"

I think that the best solution is to try to set up a new adm account using the built in Adm. Then make an extra just in case (that is what I do). You can then change the status of the account that was Adm, at one time. The only thing that you could have done is to change the status, but you would know if you had done that.

No this is not normal for Seven.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/98939-ive-been-demoted-need-administrator-privileges.html
Relevancy 79.98%

If a hacker breaches a computer's defences they can assume the same privileges as the currently logged-in account.

Assume that a user logs in as an Administrator and then "Switches" to a Limited user account (the Administrator is still logged in) and continues working from the Limited user account.

Question: If a hacker now breaches the defenses are the Administrator privileges still active and available to the hacker or does the act of switching to a Limited account "freeze" the Administrator privileges until the user switches back?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-administrator-privileges-frozen.515996/
Relevancy 79.98%

I'm attemtping to download a program onto my computer using vista. The same message keeps popping up towards the end of the download: must have administrative priveleges to continue. I've tried right clicking and choosing run as administrator, entering things in cmd, everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:How to gain "administrative privileges"?

Are you the Administrator on your account?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-gain-administrative-privileges-643283.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I "User you not NOT what might privileges" access have - think does ve "User does not have access privileges" - NOT what you might think got a problem so annoying I re-imaged my computer in July All of a sudden the problem is back and I m about to scream I ve got Windows XL Dell PC about years old I ve got approx GB of memory is free on the c drive and another GB of memory I added last spring in partitions drives E F G The problem only seems to affect the c drive and only in my account my husband s account seems to be okay If I save something any type file from any program on my c drive I can open it no matter where it s located If I choose to save that file no matter what type in a new location I can still open it BUT if I drag and drop that file any type into a new location I can no longer open that file I get the following message quot Program name cannot open document user does not have access privileges path information quot Once it has been moved I also cannot delete it copy and paste it or move it from it s new location It makes organizing files and tidying my desktop impossible I m the administrator so I should have access to everything in theory If memory serves I finally had to log in as Administrator in Safe mode and permanently delete all of the files to get them out of my life I ended up making copies of everything I wanted to keep and saving it to one of the partitions so I could re-image without losing everything This problem seems to have reappeared in the last week or two The only possible thing I can imagine is that about two weeks ago I assigned a password to my account and I seem to remember my account being password protected at the time this nonsense happened last time I had never had a password before and I did not assign one when I re-imaged the computer so I thought perhaps that had something to do with it I pitched the password created a test document in Word and saved it on my desktop Then I drug and dropped the doc into another folder on the desktop I got the same stupid message again I went to microsoft using the link at the bottom of the error window but quot Currently there are no Office Assistance articles available for this error message quot Please tell me somebody knows how to solve this problem before I lose my flippin mind Many thanks to anyone who can assist me with this situation nbsp

A:"User does not have access privileges" - NOT what you might think

boot into safe mode, use an admin id

find the folder in question, TAKE OWNERSHIP (as admin)

then add read/write priv for your normal user id

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-does-not-have-access-privileges-not-what-you-might-think.93034/
Relevancy 79.98%

OK. Can some ohne sort out what I'm missing here?

I'm trying to update some device drivers after moving from XP 64 to Win7 64. When I try, I get the following message (which you no doubt know of):

"You do not have sufficient security privileges to install hardware on this computer. Contact your site administrator, or logout and log in again as an administrator and try again."

Now, this is a home computer. It has only one user -- me -- and I am listed as the Administrator. There is no one else. It says "administrator" under my name. I am logged in and I am the administrator. There is no other way to log in as an administrator. I've been looking but I can't see how to get around this.

Can someone help?

These "security" aspects of Windows consistently drive me crazy. Usually it just an annoyance, now it is a big PITA. Thanks.

A:"You don't have sufficient security privileges..."

Did you go through control panel,right click device manager>run as admin?

**Actually you dont need to,it has preset admin privalleges
Where are you trying to install the driver software from?device manager?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/33634-you-dont-have-sufficient-security-privileges.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Let me explain first of all during a lightning storm I lost my modem, sound driver and CD drive, finally after hours and hours of reinstalling and fixes I got all back but now when I went to play a CD I had bought and played before the storm hit, it tells me "cannot open track insufficient rights" Whats with that??

Also I have lost my TWEAK IU in my control panel

Just to let you know I can play my mp3's OK, just nothing from the CD ROM as for music.

A:"Insufficient Rights" on a CD

Are you sure you have all of your drivers? All software reinstalled?

I highly recommend that you get a surge protector that has both phone and outlet protection, so that you don`t have this happen again. Lightning can strike the same place twice. But your best bet is to power down and unplug when mother nature unleashes a storm.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/insufficient-rights-on-a-cd.374466/
Relevancy 77.4%

Could someone define exactly what elevated privileges a program gets when it is "Run as Administrator"?

Or point me at a suitable web page.

Relevant tutorial here: Run as Administrator

A:Q: "Run as Administrator" privileges?

Some programs will not install/run unless you select that. Perhaps someone else can go into more detail about it than I can.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/95998-q-run-administrator-privileges.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have discovered that there is a difference between the original local "Administrator" account and my (local) admin account. For instance my admin account cannot add a new user, whereas "Administrator" can.

I absolutely do not want an MS online account - I want to have a local Admin account (not "Administrator" itself) but with the same rights as Administrator, for example being able to add a new user.

This was possible in previous versions of Windows - can it still be achieved and if so, how?

A:Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

You need to add your new local account to the administrators group. To do this log in with your original Administrator account. Then open an elevated command prompt (right click on start and select Command Prompt (admin).

Then type: net localgroup administrators "UserName" /add

where UserName is the name of your new local account.

You can check which users belong to the various groups with these commands:
net localgroup guests
net localgroup users
net localgroup administrators

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56221-give-local-account-admin-rights-same-access-administrator.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I am missing the run box and shut down from the start menu I was missing the task manager but I was able to restore it When I do windows r I get an error message that the command has been cancelled Run menu. start Shutdown, "cancelled by also Run from Missing admin" Solved: by the administrator Additionally I looked at the properties of the start menu Solved: Missing Shutdown, Run from start menu. Run also "cancelled by admin" and there is no option to check regarding the shut down function I read this advice on several forums Here is the hijack this log Thanks Alex Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Solved: Missing Shutdown, Run from start menu. Run also "cancelled by admin" System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi exe C Solved: Missing Shutdown, Run from start menu. Run also "cancelled by admin" WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS ehome mcrdsvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional SMSystemAnalyzer exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional AntiVirus ioloAV exe C WINDOWS V Mon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CamTray exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files CW bin mpbtn exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional AntiVirus iAVEmailScanner exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files utorrent utorrent exe C Documents and Settings Owner Gateway Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M MX R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M MX R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explo... Read more

A:Solved: Missing Shutdown, Run from start menu. Run also "cancelled by admin"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-missing-shutdown-run-from-start-menu-run-also-cancelled-by-admin.631907/
Relevancy 74.82%

So today, the error came up when logging into the admin account. I only have access to Guest account at the moment. Booting up Safe Mode doesn't really help either. So anyone have a solution to this complicated problem..?

A:Admin account error "User Login Service Failed"

See here, see if this helps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374392-admin-account-error-user-login-service-failed.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Edit: I fixed it. Turns out I didn't let the scans complete and that they really needed to be run from within the original user account, not a secondary one I had created after the infection. I was able to run the software from within the account by right-clicking on the shortcuts and then clicking Run as Admin. After letting the scans go all the way through, the problem was fixed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-asks-what-to-open-exe-files-with-works-fine-with-run-as-admin.1034875/
Relevancy 74.82%

My laptop only has one user account, mine, and its an admin. I tried messing aroudn with Homegroup but i turned it off and now i cannot do anything with my documents, i get the error "You require permissions from MYLAPTOP/TomHart etcetc..." but that user (as far as i know) is me.

1) How can i find out if thats my account or if for some reason mines changed/my documents owner has changed

2) Anyone know how i could fix this?

I tried using CMD running as admin and used TAKEOWN on the file but i still get the same error.

Im 95% sure its something to do with Homegroup cause before that it was fine, now its messed up.

Any help/advice appreciated

A:"Require admins permissiosn to change folder" but i am the admin

try this: Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/200141-require-admins-permissiosn-change-folder-but-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I don't know what the deal is My comp Is acting so HELP! Have Manager By Admin" = CTRL+ALT+DEL Log "Task --> Need HijackThis - Disaplyed screwed up There's this program called BraveSentry that has installed on my comp Viruses I don't CTRL+ALT+DEL = "Task Manager Disaplyed By Admin" - Need HELP! Have HijackThis Log --> know what to do Anyhelp please Logfile of HijackThis CTRL+ALT+DEL = "Task Manager Disaplyed By Admin" - Need HELP! Have HijackThis Log --> v Scan saved at CTRL+ALT+DEL = "Task Manager Disaplyed By Admin" - Need HELP! Have HijackThis Log --> AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C windows system stonedrv exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Windows xpupdate exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME SEXYBE LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS System xtqju exe F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe jpxnfns exe O - BHO Acrobat IE Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE - C WINDOWS system ctldlg dll O - BHO Zango Search Assistant Helper fleok D A A C E FA EA FA EF B E D D F C D AC - F D - BF- -A B- CF F - c program files zango zangohook dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar My Global Search Bar - B A - B- - CAD- E - C Program Files MyGlobalSearch bar bin MGSBAR DLL O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run mkz ce RUNDLL EXE w f d dll n ce f d O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run BearShare quot C Program Files BearShare BearShare exe quot pause O - HKLM Run System C WINDOWS System testtestt exe O - HKLM Run e f f exe C WINDOWS System e f f exe O - HKLM Run stonedrv c windows system stonedrv exe O - HKLM Run SpyHunter C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM RunServ... Read more

A:CTRL+ALT+DEL = "Task Manager Disaplyed By Admin" - Need HELP! Have HijackThis Log -->

Welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log and will return with a proposed fix in due course.

Please subscribe to this thread by going to Thread Tools at the top. Choose subscribe then select the option to be notified by email.

This is a benefit to you as you will be notified by email each time a response is made.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ctrl-alt-del-task-manager-disaplyed-by-admin-need-help-have-hijackthis-log-112923.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I have Windows Home premium My question is regarding the quot events log quot found in Administrative tools I can clear every log nbsp in events under quot WINDOWS views" how Windows events admin "custom log? clear 7 to LOGS quot however the one I cant find a way Windows 7 "custom views" how to clear admin events log? to reset or clear is the one known as quot CUSTOM VIEWS quot the one that looks like a folder with a funnel on it This folder has a drop down icon that looks like a funnel with the name quot ADMINISTRATIVE EVENTS quot next to it When I click this it shows all the warnings and errors going way nbsp back to the day I origionally nbsp installed windows which was nbsp four months ago No one has come up with an answer to my question or clearly understands Windows 7 "custom views" how to clear admin events log? which log I am refering to How do I clear this part of the log Nothing I do shows any clear or delete options to remove those old way out of date error messages Is there a way to clear this part of the log and if so how is it done Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 "custom views" how to clear admin events log?

HiThe Administrative Events is a custom view and compilation of all the critical, warning, and other important events, from certain other logs in the Event Viewer. You would need to clear all of those other logs to clear the Administrative Events list.The easiest way to do this is to note the Source name of the event in the Administrative Events, expand the Applications and Service Logs\Microsoft\Windows Logs.Look for the folder with the Source name. Expand that folder, right click each of the logs under that folder and select the Clear option.Hope this helps.
Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df70e2fc-e5f5-4b81-ae5f-5a3d26bec4ab/windows-7-quotcustom-viewsquot-how-to-clear-admin-events-log?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, im running vista home premium. I am from Norway so excuse me for any bad grammar.(bad excuse:P)

anyways, i have encountered a problem, it goes like this, you probably know that sometimes you download old programs on vista, that doesn't work unless you right-click on the .exe and choose: "run as administrator"(sorry if that is not the exact phrase, because my PC is running Norwegian Mode.(stupid school PC :P ))
but i recently encountered the problem that when i right-clicked an .exe file it was no "run as administrator" option! and im quite desperate to get this program running, and it quits every-time i start it up again, i read on the program source site, that to run this exact program you had to push the "run as administrator" button.. so please, please help me...

A:admin problems(not the usual: "lost my account question" ;)

What is the .exe file?

Can you zip it and attach to a post so I can test it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-problems-not-the-usual-lost-my-account-question-261403.html
Relevancy 74.82%

First off I wasn't sure where the best place to post this would be since UAC is supposed to be a owner, Access Denied" with as "File admin, Even and !!UAC!! permission security feature !!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission of windows I figured the security section would be best My apologies if I posted this in the wrong section OK to the problem Trying to simply copy paste a game dll file from a folder on a virtual iso drive to a folder on my main drive I get the error window titled quot File !!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission Access Denied quot with the following quot You need permission to perform this action You require permission from Everyone to make changes to this file quot Strange thing is this I also have this same dll file in another folder on my main drive but I get the same message with the permission requirement coming from my own user name Like in the title of my post I have taken ownership of all folders files in question am using the only admin account on this machine and have given my username quot full control quot permissions over said files folders Also for troubleshooting purposes I have disabled UAC completely and still get the error message One !!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission thing I will add that just came to mind which may of some help When I had installed win on this machine I was married and had user account that my wife and i used We split up and she had the computer for a while She changed the computers name and changed the username s When I got it back from her I re-changed the computer name and also the username s to different ones I hope all of this information is useful and thank all in advance for any help extended in my direction FIN

A:!!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission

Best thing to do is a "clean" re-installation.... if the computer is your's now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/288614-uac-file-access-denied-even-admin-owner-permission.html
Relevancy 74.82%

This has been happening for 7 months now, and i've had enough. spent over 70$ on games, which cant run because windows can't find firewall settings. Or it just cant find the file in the first place. Windows can run certain .exe files that were before this started happening, but any installer or program that could help fix is broken. I can run regedit, but it doesnt fix anything. Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting for what the error looks like. I just spent 30$ on a game, but it doesnt let me connect to single player or online because it cant find battle eye. please help, i dont want to spend 1500$ for a new gaming computer. Thanks

A:Windows cant "find" any .EXE files or any file that requires admin

More details about the problem please

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/340716-windows-cant-find-any-exe-files-any-file-requires-admin.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I am configuring a newly built computer with Win fresh new full install Pro All had been going well until I tried to install Zone Alarm and found problems with it accepting and registering the license After a couple of chat sessions things pointed to Permissions issues At that point I did some reading and discovered that my default Administrator account was not active so I ran commands to fix that That still did not allow me to delete some of the Zone Alarm folders or to install? circumvent Permissions to "issues" with fresh Way admin have the license quot stick quot in the registry I also tried the following permissions quot fix quot for administrator Way to circumvent admin Permissions "issues" with fresh install? accounts but that did not help Enable the Administrator account and set its password Reboot into Safe Mode Log on as Administrator Click Start Type the three letters cmd Press Ctrl Shift Enter Run the process as Administrator Type the following commands and press Enter after each takeown f Q a r d y icacls Q t c grant administrators F System F quot UserName quot F Answer quot yes quot when prompted quot Are you sure quot Replace Q with the actual drive letter on the problem disk Administrator can amp t access folders in Windows - Microsoft Answers As I am not that far into software loading on the computer I thought I would do a complete reinstall unless anyone has a magic fix for the permissions problem Assuming a reinstall can fix this how do I assure that the default administrator account is active and my personal administrator account has in fact the full privileges that I would expect I had read one suggestion that only one administrator account should have full privileges and personal accounts should all be standard and I can see where that would be valuable for a domain but my computer is in my home on a small home LAN in the middle of nowhere so I don't want to go through changing to the administrator account every time I want to load a new program unless that strategy is the consensus of those on this forum Thanks Ken K

A:Way to circumvent admin Permissions "issues" with fresh install?

Do not so those steps - it will cause problems like infinite loops via virtualized folders.

Zone Alarm has caused problems for others using W7. The firewall that comes with W7 should be enough.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/244832-way-circumvent-admin-permissions-issues-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a virus from virus protector which shuts down desktop and the administrator account. I can get access into the other user account but it needs an administrator account which i cannot access. Is there a way to get access to the administator account or to download a virus removal that does not need approval. Any help would be greatly appreciated. many thanks

Celeste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-into-admin-account-cuz-virus-protector-need-to-d-l-malware-removal.919616/
Relevancy 74.82%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard AD Antivirus Microsoft Security non-admin says remainig) days (30 System "activation account pending" info for Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Hello Here s the problem at least I think it s a problem I have two account on my laptop an administrator account and a non-administrator account I just noticed today that when I open System Information under System Summary it says the following Administrative Account OS Name Microsoft Windows System info says "activation pending" (30 days remainig) for non-admin account XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name MASTER- BF B C System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Compaq nc RA AW ABA System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard YCU Ver F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name MASTER- BF B C Admin Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Non-administrative account OS System info says "activation pending" (30 days remainig) for non-admin account Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation Activation Status Activation Pending days remaining System Name MASTER- BF B C System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Compaq nc RA AW ABA System Type X -based PC System info says "activation pending" (30 days remainig) for non-admin account Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard YCU Ver F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name MASTER- BF B C NonAdmin Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys They are the same except for the line in red in the non-administrative account that says activation is pending Shouldn t they have the same info Can someone please help me with this Thanks psylock nbsp

A:System info says "activation pending" (30 days remainig) for non-admin account

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-info-says-activation-pending-30-days-remainig-for-non-admin-account.1102989/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello a few days ago my computer with XP Pro SP installed was infected with the malware quot XP Home Security quot and every attempt I ve tried to remove it from my computer has failed so far I noticed it first when I turned my computer on a few days ago a window for the fake antivirus program popped up upon start up and started quot scanning quot which told me had found numerous viruses AVG failed to load but Ad-Aware did and upon trying to open AVG the fake XP Home Security window pops up again instead of AVG which my Home Can't - "XP remove settings Security changed 2011" admin possibly I assume blocks AVG from even opening The same problem happens with Malwarebytes Upon trying to access the internet through Firefox leads me to a quot security warning quot page that the malware set up hijacking my browser It says that the browser could potentially give me viruses but allows me the option to continue quot unprotected quot but when I click the link to continue the security warning page reloads and to keep clicking the continue link reloads the security page ad nauseam Internet explorer is the only other browser on my computer and the same problem happens with that browser as Can't remove "XP Home Security 2011" - possibly changed my admin settings I m on a different computer now The program quot awr exe quot is the name of the window that pops up when the fake antivirus program Can't remove "XP Home Security 2011" - possibly changed my admin settings runs and ending that program in the task manager will close that window but the internet and program blocking continues Now when I start my computer programs that would normally Can't remove "XP Home Security 2011" - possibly changed my admin settings load at startup will fail to load completely inc Rocketdock Steam and almost any exe will not open at all giving me an error message that says quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot when I try to open the program It s not just antivirus programs that are affected by this as it gives me the error message when I try to open Firefox any games my Zune software or any Microsoft Office program among many other programs It also won t allow me to access quot msconfig quot or quot regedit quot I can still open Ad-Aware and CCleaner interestingly enough but Hijackthis won t open along with GMER fl xc exe or a registry editing program RRT exe dds exe WILL open however so hopefully the subsequent report will allow you to shed some light on my problem Thanks for taking the time to read this post I really appreciate it DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Tony at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Nero Update NASvc exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files RosettaStoneLtdServices RosettaStoneLtdController exe C Program Files RosettaStoneLtdServices RosettaStoneLtdServer exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc c Program Files Zune ZuneBusEnum exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Documents and Settings Tony Desktop dds com Pse... Read more

A:Can't remove "XP Home Security 2011" - possibly changed my admin settings

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-remove-xp-home-security-2011-possibly-changed-my-admin-settings.988700/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi it looks lilke my modem LAN and Wi-Fi has died of old age with over-heating complications So I got a USB dongle with works on the admin account but not the Guest account When I try to change its settings this is what I get No options whatsoever This is really frustrating because the admin account was supposed to be my quot play quot account while the Guest account was supposed to be my quot work quot account So I have Google Gears and an entire database of work connected to the browsers on the Guest account I tried moving my Google Gears files using a flashdisk by copying and pasting from the Guest account to the admin account but it didn t work Now I m on an approaching deadline and I can t access Google Gears from browsers on my Guest account because my USB dongle won t work accommodate "Guest" dongle) account rights on Can't Vista admin (to USB give on it What can I do to make the dongle work on the Guest account Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Can't give "Guest" account admin rights on Vista (to accommodate USB dongle)

No you need to create another profile and (not) guest here's how : http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...idden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-give-guest-account-admin-rights-on-vista-to-accommodate-usb-dongle.1025365/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am experiencing issues with my small domain setup. Windows Server 2012 R2 and windows 10 PRO domain attached PC's

Any users who are not a member of the Administrators group cannot login with their domain account (A device attached to the system is not functioning.) or access their file shares (invalid folder) even if they have been granted access to the file-shares.
However if I add them to the administrators group everything works fine with no issues.
I have not made any changes to group policy recently and have no idea what has changed to stop regular users from being able to do anything.

It is strange because there is nothing wrong with devices attached to the PC and the folders are definitely valid. It is all dependent on which account is trying to access.
Please let me know if you need further info.

-Lawrence

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d77b4182-ea9c-48cc-ac1d-5d3e46454e10/quota-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioningquot-if-trying-to-login-with-a-domain-user?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 74.39%

whenever i open any admin setting file ..i get this msg that "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system adminstrator. I watched some videos in youtube...but i am even unable to regedit or gpedit....pls help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-shows-this-operation-has-been-cancelled-contact-your-admin-regedit-and-gpedit-dont-work.1154892/
Relevancy 74.39%

This happened tonight Thur Dec I clicked a link wrong and it downloaded and ran a file that when i hit CTRL ALT DEL a message appears that quot System Admin has disabled that function quot Also My documents would not open and control panel would not open After that i pulled the plug and shut down as DEL gives "system message admin CTRL + + disabled..." ALT my wireless router I then restarted or times until it would let me into the help section to get to the system restore function i was able to system restore back to Mon Dec this seemed to solve the problem for now but i know i still have the file on my computer i had hijackthis installed already and ran a scan Here are the results Is there anything to still worry about Thank You Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Gateway EzTune DTSRVC exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmon exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files CTRL + ALT + DEL gives message "system admin as disabled..." Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpctrl exe C Program Files Gateway EzTune DTHtml exe C CTRL + ALT + DEL gives message "system admin as disabled..." WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MI AA wcescomm exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software floater exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Money System urlmap exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - HKLM Run Lexmark X -X quot C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run IPHSend C Program Files Common Files AOL IPHSend IPHSend exe O - HKLM Run PivotSoftware quot C Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpctrl exe quot O - HKLM Run DT Task C Program Files Gateway EzTune DTHtml exe -startup folder O - HKCU Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C PROGRA MI AA wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run EasyLinkAdvisor quot C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe quot star... Read more

A:CTRL + ALT + DEL gives message "system admin as disabled..."

Hi, Log looks OK, but Hijackthis does not show all malware....

What is the antivirus program you use?

If you don't have one, you need to get one....there are several decent free antivirus programs available. You do have Ewido...for spyware, that is not what I am referring to.

You should have a full antivirus program running.
If this is the fault of going back with System Restore, then you need to reinstall the antivirus...let us know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ctrl-alt-del-gives-message-system-admin-as-disabled.661860/
Relevancy 74.39%

Just tried to save change in a program I was working in when a pop-up box appeared telling me the "system administrator wouldn't allow this change". Lost all my work Checked under my computer/control panel/users and passwords and there is now:

user name group

administrator administrators
guest guests
jan (me) administrators

every option is grayed out and I can't change anything. I don't remember ever seeing anyone there but me. Can anyone tell me what happened and does someone have access to my system?
Thanks,
Jan

A:Afraid I have "guests" with access to sys admin functions.

try logging on as admin,when you get in turn off the guest account you may not have given yourself admin rights
to log in as admin
hold the ctrl-alt key and press del twice
this will bring up the admin log on window

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/afraid-i-have-guests-with-access-to-sys-admin-functions.159150/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello This is an URGENT problem that I am having with this Windows BIT ULTRA MEGA AWESOME computer This things Where User", Admin?, other Stuck in the and is Standard, "Other is probably the most unusual thing that has ever happened to the Windows community and it's a problem causing problems You will find this typed up rant detailed in some sort of way I don't want silly Stuck in Standard, Where is the Admin?, "Other User", and other things answers like quot Just log out of Standard account and log into Administrator quot quot Use the disk quot quot There are grams in an ounce quot PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THING BEFORE YOU ANSWER or get know what I am dealing with at least Please answer with the best you can It's not a bad thing if your suggestion didn't work but at least know what you're typing Problem I am stuck in the standard account with the start Stuck in Standard, Where is the Admin?, "Other User", and other things page only having my selection of my named standard account and quot Other User quot I have no password to my Standard and it's a good fine account Otherwise clicking other user would give me the inserted quot Username quot and quot Password quot No administrator account there not the one I named I in fact caused this problem a long time ago months I was trying to make a standard account for myself and have the administrator for my parents beside it When I made the standard account it didn't show up on the startup screen I instead put it in quot Other User quot and it made the account Although it replaced where the administrator account was Stuck in Standard I can't do anything about it I can't change it in User Accounts and the quot other quot User accounts The one in which you can go to properties and quot add quot it to the administrator group didn't work I can do Command Prompt in administrator as system but whenever I try to change ANYTHING about accounts it would give me the lousy message of quot Access Denied quot I can't change my user account name or anything that requires administrator privileges If I TRY to change the name it won't change Where is the Admin I can't bring out the windows admin cause I'm a standard account I can't convert myself to Admin and I can't create another account I don't have guest either so what can I do Where did my admin account go I don't have the windows disk PLEASE make sure I can fix this without the disk I don't have it and I sure hope I don't need it THANK you for reading this whole typed up rant if you don't have an answer at least you know my problem I can't find anyone in or was in the same situation as I am in Wish me luck now answer away

A:Stuck in Standard, Where is the Admin?, "Other User", and other things

Do not come here, rant, and tell us not how to answer your question.

We give you advice and you accept it graciously or you don`t use it all.

And you say Thank You.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/365546-stuck-standard-where-admin-other-user-other-things.html
Relevancy 74.39%

My laptop is part of a corporate network I occasionally connect a Admin Permissions" to empty "Need Recycle Unable Bin: vpn to access network files but mostly use it as stand-alone I also have PGP Desktop to encrypt my hard-drive which is synchronized over the network when I am connected for backup My user ID has administrator permissions Today i tried to empty the recycle bin which was quite full Unable to empty Recycle Bin: "Need Admin Permissions" I received a message that i needed admin permissions for some of the files After repeated attempts I got to one stubborn file that will not go away yielding only the need permissions error I tried logging in as local admin but could not access my recycle bin from there I tried logging into the VPN before deleting I even tried to restore the file but still got the same error I spent a couple hours looking on the internet but didn't find anything useful Any ideas would be appreciated Attached is an image of the error Interestingly the file name listed in the error is not the same as the file I am trying to purge

A:Unable to empty Recycle Bin: "Need Admin Permissions"

The PDF file is a temporary file as it has a "$" at the beginning.

However, there is really no need to empty the recycle bin. It is limited to a certain size. When it gets full, the next file that is sent to the recycle bin "bumps" the oldest, which is deleted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345545-unable-empty-recycle-bin-need-admin-permissions.html
Relevancy 74.39%

What can cause the Administrator account to be denied access to files? I thought the whole point of the admin account was to have access to all files "just in case" if for no other reason.

The situation (you don't HAVE to read past this point:)

I awoke this morning to a BSoD caused by idechndr.sys. Uninstalling Intel Application Accelerator seems to have solved the problem.

Before that, however, I could only load via Save Mode through the Administrator account (which makes sense), but when I tried accessing the "Documents and Settings" files for my personal account through the Admin, I was denied access. The folder appeared to be empty (but with access denied, that makes sense as well.)

Solving the BSoD fixed this oddity as well (and all of my personal account files/settings were still there.) But how or why would this sort of thing happen?

A:[SOLVED] Curiosity: "Access Denied." to Admin?

When you are logged in as Admin, you don't always have access to the files under another user account - Administrator is a separate account. It's like you and I sharing a computer, I don't have access to your files and you don't have access to mine. I think you might be able to view the other user's files if both user names aren't password protected, I don't remember off hand.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-curiosity-and-quot-access-denied-and-quot-to-admin-601215.html
Relevancy 74.39%

My control panel is gone and when i try to access it says its restricted by the adim I see a LOT of people recently having these same exact problems I acutally get a popup occasionaly from the spyware itself im assuming telling me I have spyware and I need to download something Here is the file Ive run adaware spydoctor and all No saying Control Restrictions/Pop up Panel/Admin "spyware" this ohter stuff and nothing No Control Panel/Admin Restrictions/Pop up saying "spyware" seems to be working This is a common problem latley ive googled it and nobody knows what is going on I read somewhere it could be trojan killav but i dont know Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System S EvMon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System RegSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Toshiba Ivp Swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall SymSPort exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system printer exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI HA EXE C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System XConfig exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Adam Petersen Local Settings Application Data Trend Micro HCMS checkup en-US checkup exe C Documents and Settings Adam Petersen Local Settings Application Data Trend Micro HCMS checkup en-US checkupsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME ADAMPE LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http toshibadirect com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system printer exe O - Toolbar My amp Search Bar - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run PadTouch C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe... Read more

A:No Control Panel/Admin Restrictions/Pop up saying "spyware"

The exact error i get is:

Windows Security Alert

Warning! Potential Spyware Operation!
Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Internet files. Run full scan now to pervent any "unathroised" (true spelling) access to your files! Click YES to download spyware remover...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-control-panel-admin-restrictions-pop-up-saying-spyware.622655/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello I am running windows x I have a password for my main account which is an admin account When I enter the password and hit enter the quot Welcome quot screen "welcome" minute only admin at 2 hang on account. screen, stares at me for about minutes before going to the desktop I can not figure out why this happens I have tried the quot don't use a solid color background quot fix I have tried unplugging all unnecessary USB devices I have unchecked ALL of the items in startup services I created a new user account that is not an admin account and has no password When I select this account at startup the quot welcome quot 2 minute hang at "welcome" screen, only on admin account. screen only appears for - seconds and then goes to the desktop Why would my admin account hang so long on the welcome screen but my other use account does not Both accounts have the same drivers and applications installed Any thoughts I've been through a hundred forums and have tried all the usual fixes with no positive results

A:2 minute hang at "welcome" screen, only on admin account.

What happens when you run your admin account without the password?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/121864-2-minute-hang-welcome-screen-only-admin-account.html
Relevancy 74.39%

From W2k Pro, I want to do admin tasks "behind the scene" on WXP Pro. And I'm using Remote Desktop Connection to do this operation. So how do I "advertise" WXP Pro as the "Terminal Server" on the LAN?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-can-i-remotely-do-admin-tasks-behind-the-scene-61126.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Windows 7 Home x32 - IE9 - The connection tab at the bottom of the dialogue box states "some settings are managed by your system administrator" and when I click on the LAN button, all options are grayed out.

1.) I have a administrator account.
2.) This version does not support GPEDIT.msc
3.) "control panel" registry key is empty under policies in both HKLM and HKCU
3.) Possible remnants from malware

So, here is what I want to accomplish:

1.) Remove the nag
2.) Restore the functionality of the LAN settings.

Thanks all !

A:IE9 connection tab "some settings controled by admin" cannot change.

Hello and welcome pmshopper mate try running these first and this order as it could e a glitch in the OS and malware as you mentioned it

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f option in Option 2 ifnecessary

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbishthese find.

If these come up nothing then maybe download a copy of IE9 to Downloads or Desktop doesn't matter where really and then uninstall the one you have and reinstall the download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/338714-ie9-connection-tab-some-settings-controled-admin-cannot-change.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all,

I've recently noticed that when running many Windows programs with Administrator privileges that the UAC window that pops up displays the publisher as Unknown.

I can confirm from another PC that in the case of Command Prompt the publisher should display as Microsoft Corporation.

What could be causing this? Have I altered a Windows setting that resulted in this behaviour or is this indicative of malware or remote influence?

My router is password protected and I regularly run full system scans with a reputable, subscription-based anti-virus.

If this isn't related to windows settings and incorrect configurations then what could be causing this?

Thanks for your advice.

A:UAC displays "Publisher: Unknown" running cmd as admin

Did you run updates just before it happened?

Windows System Executable Give UAC Prompt Showing Unknown Publisher Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67529-uac-displays-publisher-unknown-running-cmd-admin.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 73.53%

OK. Weird stuff.

Windows 8.1 x64.

When I directly click on the Taskbar Explorer icon, it flashes for a bit, then nothing. If I right click and select a pinned folder, it opens instantly.

I also have a CMD prompt pinned to the task bar. If I right click, then right click on the CMD again and then select Run as Admin, it doesn't load. It will load non-admin instantly. (I also tried running as admin from the Start Screen with a long press- that doesn't work).

However, I can go into the advanced properties of the CMD shortcut and check to run it as an admin. That works.

I have tried a utility to purge missing mount points in the the Registry, and an SFC scan, which showed no problems.

Any ideas?

A:Windows Explorer won't load; can't "Run As Admin"

This sounds the same as my recent reason for coming to this forum. "THIS PC" folder taking forever to display.

The fix turned out to be a hosed Explorer.Exe. I went to task manager (by right clicking the bottom tasks bar) and selected the Windows Explorer under apps (Explorer.Exe) and right clicking it and doing a restart. Cleared it up instantly for me.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57209-windows-explorer-wont-load-cant-run-admin.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello everyone I am new to using sevenforums for posting things I have tried to read all of the rules but if I did not do something correctly please let me know so I can "admin" automatically log-on. to user Unknown trying fix Unknown "admin" user automatically trying to log-on. it and ensure it doesn't happen again I work in an IT department on a college campus and have a specific issue that no one in my office has ever seen heard of before We have a faculty member who just recently received a new desktop computer within the last month It is a Dell Optiplex running Windows Pro x All of the computers we manage have a standard user Unknown "admin" user automatically trying to log-on. account ie John Doe with their password and an administrator account that we have the log-in information for Both accounts are set as administrators and have no restrictions whatsoever We do not run a network or anything so they are both on the actual PC Yesterday I was called down to her office with an issue of her not being able to log on After much inspection I discovered that upon start up the computer was trying to log in to an account named quot admin quot automatically and the two user accounts that we manage were nowhere in sight I was able to select the quot other user quot option and manually enter the log in credentials for both users and successfully log on I had never seen this quot admin quot account before and am confident that it was not created by a user of the PC I decided to view the accounts via quot manage accounts quot and it is nowhere in sight I looked on the C drive and also did not see it anywhere Also the accounts that have previously been used on the computer were still there as if nothing had changed We use Webroot antivirus and I completed a scan on that which showed up clean Any advice suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated Thanks -MB Edit I forgot to mention that I booted up in safe mode and the problem still remained

A:Unknown "admin" user automatically trying to log-on.

Hi there, welcome to Seven Forums
It seems the Administrator account has been activated within Windows 7.
Follow the link to a tutorial below to disable the 'admin' account:

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

As you have not set any restrictions, it is most likely a user of the PC in question has activated this account beforehand and has thrown you off as you have never seen it before Just follow the tutorial to disable it and tell us if the PC tries to login automatically onto another account. Good luck!

Dom

EDIT: If you are to use the command prompt method please bear in mind what is said:
"NOTE: If you had previously renamed the built-in "Administrator" account's name, then you will need to substitute administrator in the command below with the new name instead."
So that 'new name' may be 'admin'. If the account is still there just try and use the default name 'administrator'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296977-unknown-admin-user-automatically-trying-log.html
Relevancy 73.53%

My system was doing fine, until I downloaded a free trail of Kaspersky. After the download things in my system started not to read certain programs examples:

~WHEN I TRY TO GO TO MY SYSTEM RESTORE THE WINDOW POPS UP BUT THE INFORMATION IS NOT DISPLAYED

~WHEN I LOG INTO YAHOO, WHEN IMing I CAN NOT SEE THE WORDS IN THE WINDOW AFTER SOME ONE HAS ENTERED TEXT (i have uninstalled and reinstalled this program)

Basically anything that i try to get into that needs "ADMINISTRATOR" permission its saying "ACCESS DENIED ERROR OCCURRED WHLE ATTEMPTING TO CHANGE A SERVICE. YOU MAY NEED TO LOG ON USING AND ADMIN ACCOUNT TO MAKE THE SPECIFIED CHANGES"

I think there is some spyware that is not being detected or something..... CAN SOOOME ONEEEEEEEE PLEASE HELP *smiles*

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logged-on-as-admin-but-system-does-not-recgonize-help-229649.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I can't save anything in word or other programs and I can't use the administrative tools because I keep getting the message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please conat your system administrator."
I am the administrator. I'm running Webroot Spysweeper with Anti Virus. The computer is using XP Professional. I'm not sure what to do at this point since I can't save anyting and I can't get to the Admin tools?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Admin Tools "This operation has been cancelled.." Help

You can try re-booting into safe mode and then open Administrative Tools, and check things in Local Security Policy, and in the Event Viewer ( for error or warning messages ), and you can even create a new User Account in the control panel/ User Accounts, and make it as an administrator, and then reboot into that user to make any other changes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-tools-this-operation-has-been-cancelled-help.564803/