Windows Support Forum

IE 10 stopped Working error / Search engine not working

Q: IE 10 stopped Working error / Search engine not working

Hi! I am repeatedly getting the error "Internet Explorer not working" / Windows checking for solution/Last browsing closed unexpectedly , then Restore Session. I went to google to find a fix for this error .I'm being told to Press Window + W key then type in Troubleshooting in the Search box , then enter View All ,then Click IE Performance, then click Advanced etc..... The problem is that when I get to the Search box I start to type in the Troubleshooting and after one keystroke of the T, the computer automatically goes back to my desktop home page. The search engine box will not let me fix this problem. Can somebody help me ? Thanks so much! I have IE 10 and recently upgraded to the windows 8.1 from the Windows 8 about 3 weeks ago.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: IE 10 stopped Working error / Search engine not working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: IE 10 stopped Working error / Search engine not working

Are you sure you have Windows 8.1? If you were you would have IE 11
From the Charms bar search System and verify if indeed you have Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/56526-ie-10-stopped-working-error-search-engine-not-working.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Running Windows 8.1 Windows Search service is stopped and work folder service is stopped as well as WSS is dependent one. Error 6801
1) Ran Search and Indexing Troubleshooter to diagnose the issue no luck.
2) Ran System File Check.
3) enough free space on logical drive.
4) Tried rebuilding the index, Delete files from the"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows and C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Temp"
and restarted Services.
5) Renamed registry entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\FileChangeClientConfigs and restarted Services no luck.
6) Windows firewall is stopped
7) Registry value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search
SetupCompletedSuccessfully to 0
 issue was resolved by following these steps earlier but it came back again after couple of weeks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a38721a8-6505-4d77-9ea3-ff6c3f580a57/windows-search-service-stopped-working-error-6801?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 84.71%

for months now this pop-up has been appearing every 5min or so and i really dont know how to fix it. here's the signature:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: taskeng.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918ceb
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c0000142
Exception Offset: 00009cac
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9d13
Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
Additional Information 3: 9d13
Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281459-task-scheduler-engine-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Ive recently installed PotC onto my laptop and the game runs fine until i click new game and then it starts loading then closes with the message 'Engine has stopped Working' ive tried it on both my C: drive and E: drive. Also tried changing resolutions, and all other suggestions that ive found on the internet. If it helps im on Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pirates-of-the-caribbean-engine-has-stopped-working.983856/
Relevancy 84.71%

Live update engine com modulate stooped working and was closed . I would like to know how if it is a solution for that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/liveuptade-engine-com-modulate-stopped-working-387030.html
Relevancy 83.85%

This message appears frequently in my Dell laptop having vista basic 32 bit, service pack 1 configuration. I would like to know whats wrong happening with my laptop and how to get a solution for this ..Suggestions please//////

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/liveupdate-engine-com-module-stopped-working-and-was-closed-296927.html
Relevancy 82.99%

My Gateway laptop model M- vintage which is running Vista Home Premium service pack Engine the message stopped closed" is and "Task was working Scheduler bit Op sys started giving me this message I think the problem is I "Task Scheduler Engine stopped working and was closed" is the message deleted some critical files recently when purging some Malware and junk so now I have "Task Scheduler Engine stopped working and was closed" is the message to figure out how to put them back in I tried a restore as of a date prior to the purge date but for every date I tried I got a message that the restore did not work due to a corrupt file I know that I do have a D file partition where my Vista sortware resides however when reading a post in this forum I noticed that it would purge all of my applications and personal data My analysis showed "Task Scheduler Engine stopped working and was closed" is the message these files missing maybe others slbcsp dll sccbase dll gpkcsp dll enum Also got these messages HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE MICROSOFT CRYPTOGRAPHY DEFAULTS PROVIDER SCHLUMBERGER Cryptographic service provider microsoft ditto PROVIDER INFINEOUN Sicrypt base smart card csp microsoft ditto PROVIDER GEMPLUS Gemsafe card CSP V Microsoft HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CURRENT CONTROLSET ENUM Microsoft QUESTION is it possible to reload these routines or do need to reload the entire Vista package If reload needed what process whould I use Sorry for the large amount of info and thank you for your help in advance

A:"Task Scheduler Engine stopped working and was closed" is the message

Welcome aboard  Let's check first if your computer is clean...  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets. Do NOT use spoilers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526463/task-scheduler-engine-stopped-working-and-was-closed-is-the-message/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi

I have just bought a new laptop and can't get the search engine to work in either firefox or internet explorer. I have tried updating firefox but it still isn't working.

Any suggestions please

A:Search engine not working

Welcome to the forum, vw78beetle

Try going to a search engine website rather than using the built-in search toolbar.

For Google Search: Google

For Microsoft Bing: Bing

Then set your preferred search engine as your web browser's home page, or save it as a bookmark.

Be aware that on the Google Search website, you may have to click inside the search bar to activate it so it has a blue border, before you can type inside it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/search-engine-not-working-628694.html
Relevancy 82.13%

hi,

i can not access google, gmail, and many other sites. this happened when i downloaded something and i think now i have a virus thats blocking these sites. i looked in my host file and all these google hosts were in it..and when i try to delete them it wont let me overwrite the host file...i deleted the program that caused this but i think i need to use combofix? but i dont know how. if anyone could help that would be great...

A:Google search engine not working

Hello jcdteen and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My username is swagger and I'll be helping you. Please read and follow the entire set of instructions below:::MBAM::Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.43) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.::GMER::Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try ru... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282465/google-search-engine-not-working/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,
I know there is something I probably have disabled but not sure what. When using the Cha Cha search engine in firefox and IE I am unable to click on the links. It says the connection was reset; the connection to the server was reset while page loading; the page may be temporarily unavailable; check the computers network connection; check the firewall or proxy...
Anywhere else I can use links including IE search. It seems to be cha cha.
I have resident tea timer running and verizon internet security suite. I had spyware and virus problems and after it was fixed I added a bunch of security things and something is disabled.
Any ideas?

A:Links In Cha Cha Search Engine Not Working

Hi kevden106,Review the Resident TeaTimers list and verify that Cha Cha hadn't been Denied when you enabled TeaTimer.In Spybot, go to Tools/ Resident , then scroll through the list of changes (what was allowed and denied).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/110967/links-in-cha-cha-search-engine-not-working/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello,
I problem I have been geting in the past 2 days is that whenever I use the search index, like for example look in my librarys, program files, or look for anything on my computer, a box pops up saying "Windows explorer has stopped working", and whatever im searching for will automaticaly close. This is very frustrating because like everyone who owns a PC I search for files and such, and I have tried many things to try and fix this, including:

-System restore
-Uninstalling windows updates
-Restarting computer
-Disabeling Index service
-Disabeling Windows search service

I have read of a solution to this problem that involves deleting files related to the index, but again I cannot do this because every time I look in search index it automaticaly closes.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated

A:Search Index "Windows explorer has stopped working" error

Try to do system file check first:
Start-->cmd (run as administrator)-->sfc /scannow (space between sfc and /)

If it does not work
Try a scan disk.
Disk Check

If it doesn't work, you might want to do a Repair Install , it will preserve your data, user account, and system driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/93551-search-index-windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello All I m new to the site and after having been tasked to fix my girlfriends computer I m left scratching my head I don t know what she or her son did to this machine but everything I have tried has not worked So any help would be greatly appreciated Machine - Dell Inspriron INSP OS - Vista -bit SP Issues - Cannot start internet browsers outside of safe mode Every time I have tried I get an APPCRASH Error IE - Internet Explorer has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp d d Fault Module Name iexplore exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp d d Exception Code c Exception Offset d OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Firefox Stopped stopped starting Process Client DNS Host Errors. IE and Working, APPCRASH working has Firefox, (Rundll32) Has and When - Firefox has Stopped Working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name firefox exe Application Version Application Timestamp fda Fault Module Name firefox exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp fda Exception Code c Exception Offset b OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f When trying to get into Control Panel gt Internet Options Windows host process Rundll has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name rundll exe Application Version Application Timestamp b e Fault Module Name rundll APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp b e Exception Code c d Exception Offset a OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Intermittently after logging in DNS Client has stopped working Hasn t happened since I APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. ran AVG PC Tuneup I do not have a problem signature at this time Though I do remember the fault was in svchost exe DNS or something like that I will post it if it happens again What I ve done is install AVG Malwarebytes Spybot S amp D and AVG PC tuneup All have found problems And fixed some of them though I still cannot get online I have tried to do a startup repair without the Windows Disk but I cannot log in Any ideas or help you may have would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors.

Here is the DNS client has stopped working error

DNS Client has stopped working

Problem Signature:
Application Name: svchost.exe_Dnscache
Application Timestamp: 47918b89
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18327
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb73436
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000250fb
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Additional Information 1: 7373
Additional Information 2: 38d9ec761cde35dc7ff9a3014cbc1e9a
Additional Information 3: 007a
Additional Information 4: f2126b35ab5de9a1c961e83e18b5e24b

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460265/appcrash-when-starting-ie-and-firefox-dns-client-has-stopped-working-and-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-errors/
Relevancy 81.27%

Recently we have been having some problems with our computer We had to restore our computer to an earlier point but the problem still occurs The main problem is that everytime you do a google search it redirects you to some weird page and nothign with adobe flash Redirect Engine and Adobe Search Working Not works It tells us to download the player but its not working I have webroot security and that did not find anything I also ran Malwarebytes and it detected errors moved them and restarted my computer I just ran it again after the restart and this is what I got How do I know if my system is clean I am not computer savy Search Engine Redirect and Adobe Not Working and all those computer linguals I keep reading through are chineese for me so any help is very appreciated Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan Search Engine Redirect and Adobe Not Working C Search Engine Redirect and Adobe Not Working D Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Start ShowSearch PUM Hijack StartMenu - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected c Users owner AppData Local Temp nsu tmp whitesmoke-silent exe PUP BHO - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c Users owner AppData LocalLow Sun Java deployment cache d - a Trojan FqakeAlert - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Also kept getting popup quot Synchronous call using IFRAMEXMLHttp is not supported quot

A:Search Engine Redirect and Adobe Not Working

Hello please run these now.Are you on a router? Are other machines on it,if so are they redirecting?Do you use Firefox?Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (2.6.11.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to these[/color] instructions. [color=green]In some cases it may be necessary to redownload TDSSKiller and randomly rename it before downloading and saving to the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427973/search-engine-redirect-and-adobe-not-working/
Relevancy 81.27%

Recently we have been having some problems with our computer We had to restore our computer to an earlier point but the problem still occurs The and Working Not Adobe Redirect Engine Search main problem is that everytime you do a google search it redirects you to some weird page and nothign with adobe flash works It tells us to download the player but its not working I have webroot security and that did not find anything I also ran Malwarebytes and it detected errors moved them and restarted my computer I just ran it again after the restart and this is what I got How do I know if Search Engine Redirect and Adobe Not Working my system is clean I am not computer savy and all those computer linguals I keep reading through are chineese for me so any help is very appreciated Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan C D Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Start ShowSearch PUM Hijack StartMenu - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected c Users owner AppData Local Temp nsu tmp whitesmoke-silent exe PUP BHO - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c Users owner AppData LocalLow Sun Java deployment cache d - a Trojan FqakeAlert - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Also kept getting popup quot Synchronous call using IFRAMEXMLHttp is not supported quot

A:Search Engine Redirect and Adobe Not Working

And yet the problem still occurs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427967/search-engine-redirect-and-adobe-not-working/
Relevancy 81.27%

Go to any search page and do a search, the results come up but when selecting the link it does nothing and eventually locks up internet explorer. I have ran malware scans with nothing being detected, any ideas on what the problem may be and a fix would be greatly appreciated.

A:Search Engine Results Hanging/Not Working

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/search-engine-results-hanging-not-working-438749.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I use a customized "MyWay" home page with Google in the address bar as my primary search engine and it works as it should. I have Yahoo set as a secondary search in the search bar at the top of the screen. When I click on the search bar the Yahoo search engine appears as it should on the left side of the screen. When I run the Yahoo search the web page results appear as they should along the left side of the screen. However, when I click on one of them to open it, nothing happens---none of the web pages will open.

This is a recent occurrence as I have used this page in this same configuration for years and it has worked perfectly. Apparently there is some setting somewhere that prevents the results of the Yahoo search (web pages) from opening.

Any assistance with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/yahoo-search-engine-not-working-on-home-page-272921.html
Relevancy 78.69%

the search function in vista no longer works - whenever i type anything into a search box it just sits there - it's not that it cant find a file, it doesnt do a search at all.
ive tried: sfc, system restore, turned indexing, windows search on/ off

also tried this:
Index - Windows Search Service
but nothing works

A:Windows search stopped working

Hi sfdqwer32, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Other than a clean install, you might give a repair (upgrade) install a try.

Repair Install For Vista

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/171295-windows-search-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 78.69%

All of a sudden the search function has stopped working. Nothing happens when i type in a search string- not even "file not found" - ive tried the various fixes found through google - didnt help. System restore didnt help either - im stumped!

Relevancy 78.69%

I frequently use the windows search function to search for files by date, so I know how it works. But yesterday I created 2 notebook files on my desktop which are still there but the search function could not find them, or any other file on that date. Today it does find some stuff but not the notebook files or the one I was looking for.

I've not heard of this problem before. Does anybody know what might be causing it?

I'm using Vista, SP1

A:Search by date has stopped working

It's probably just that the search index has not gathered them up into its list yet (takes a little time for new files).See here for more info on the Windows search index.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298232/search-by-date-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 78.69%

IBM 280Z Laptop - P II - 300MHz - 260Mb RAM - Windows XP Pro (clean install)

[1] Search Companion has been working OK.

[2] I routinely remove and install programs from this computer.

[3] About two weeks ago, the Search Companion started giving an error message .... missing file to operate... ... may need to run setup ...

Search Companion Pane is empty except for the Animated Character (a dog in my case) and he is still animated.

Which setup program should I run, there are at least a couple of dozen in the file folders?

Is Microsoft suggesting I reinstall the OS; that is only setup I know of for the Search Companion?

What I have done already:

[1] I have done a run scan to check for missing OS files.

[2] I have removed and reinstalled all the OS optional programs.

Relevancy 78.69%

Google Search has stopped working on my desktop, even though other Google services (like News) work fine, and other computers using same internet connection have no trouble with Search.
After I rebooted my computer, the Search service functioned ONCE. The second time I tried to use Search, it was unresponsive again. Would appreciate any suggestions.

A:Google Search stopped working

clear data/cache for google search and try again

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/72022-google-search-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 78.69%

The search function stopped working about two weeks ago and I have
been unsuccessful up 'til now trying to find a solution. As far as
I can remember I did not change or install anything that may have
caused this to happen. When I click on search it will pop up for like
a mini second and then the desktop goes black. It appears to upset
the whole system, and sometimes when it comes back up all of the
icons on my desktop have been moved all around. My system is:
HP Pavilion Model 873n
Windows XP Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 1
I am having the same problem on a HP laptop also Windows XP
when I click on start search nothing happens, it just sits there.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

A:Search Function Stopped Working

You really need to run XP Repair but you need an XP disk for that:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
Next best would be to try System Restore to a date prior to problem.
I woulod also suggest running online scans as your pc is not up to date with Windows Updates and you are probably infected:
www.bitdefender.com
www.ewido.net
and then update to SP2 so you can run other Windows Updates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/search-function-stopped-working.569252/
Relevancy 78.69%

I keep getting this message popping up randomly even when my computer is sitting idle it will just pop up and I will come back and find it sitting there -- Microsoft Windows Search Indexer stopped working and was closed A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is available When I Indexer Can't This - Fix Stopped Search Working close that window another Troubleshooting window opens to tell me how to try to fix the problem basically instructing how to do a disk scan to check and fix errors in files I did this today and after a lengthy process during which it appeared numerous files were fixed I thought the problem was corrected But just now I got this Search Indexer message again so apparently whatever was fixed on my disk earlier today did not include this problem Can anyone tell me how Search Indexer Stopped Working - Can't Fix This to fix this So far it isn't keeping me from using my computer but obviously something must be wrong or it wouldn't keep popping up and telling me there is something not working I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to fix it Thank you

A:Search Indexer Stopped Working - Can't Fix This

In the Search Box type "Indexing Options" Click the Advanced tab and press Rebuild. Hopefully this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544761/search-indexer-stopped-working-cant-fix-this/
Relevancy 78.69%

Search has stopped working from the folder right click menu - see attached error message. Works OK from disk drive right click

I'm sure Search was working from folder right click - can't say when it stopped as I don't using often, but I'm sure I would have used in the past month

A:Search on Folders Stopped Working

Hello pjd,

This sounds like an association issue. As a test, download and merge the .reg files for the listed Directory and folder options in the tutorial below. They will restore their default associations, and hopefully fix this for you.

Default File Type Associations - Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266790-search-folders-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Windows 10 Search stopped working. I went to Task Manager but Search was not listed so I do not know what to do next.Thank you.Brian W

A:what to do when Windows 10 Search stopped working?

When in doubt, reboot!

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/what-to-do-when-windows-10-search-stopped-working/422.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have used "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP) listing my ACDC file viewer. I listedACDC because after it completes normally each time, there is an error message that says "Application has stopped working." I no longer want to see this error message.I use ACDC 7 for viewing and editing graphic files, here with this Windows 7 (64) system.

I usually select files with Windows Explorer, and they open using ACDC.

When I close the last file viewed, I get this error message that says "ACDSee 7.0 Application has stopped working"Installations of this ACDC on other Windows 7 computers do not have this issue. So I need to resolve it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a0063f4-dcb4-41ea-bc25-ca31ca73058d/dep-not-working-after-program-ends-normally-error-message-still-says-quotapplication-has-stopped?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 77.83%

Until very recently, I was able to search for files on all of my drives - both cloud drives and network (mapped) drives, but something happened, either as a result of a Microsoft update or my computer being off the network for a couple of weeks, and now if frequently can't get Search to find files that I can locate if I can remember the folder in which they might be saved.  Any idea what might have changed and how I might be able to recover the very useful indexing functionality I previously enjoyed?

A:Search function in Windows 7 seems to have stopped working

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601480/search-function-in-windows-7-seems-to-have-stopped-working/
Relevancy 77.83%

I had this problem once before, and somehow has reappeared. Last time I re-installed everything.

I noticed it first that pop-up ads stopped. Then my AV auto-updater was giving a weird failure, and I remembered this happening before.

rt-click search anywhere fails to launch. anything that uses the windows installer failes to install. and anything that is a script-pop-up button on a web page fails to run.

I've checked the ie scripting options and they're all enabled to work. I've re-installed ie6 SP1 and Win2k SP3. Windows update no-longer functions either. All existing installed software works, and anything that uses something other than windows installer works fine.

....note: Micrografx Picture publisher 10 will screw up IE and some other windows functions. There is a patch for it. SP3 for win2k unpatched my patch, and I had forgotten about the patch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rt-click-search-and-java-pop-ups-stopped-working.100099/
Relevancy 77.83%

In fact all windows type searches have stopped working I have looked at the many posts here and at microsoft but no change main problem with microsoft ones are that they ask me to select control panel options that don't exist I am a plug and play type so need to see stuff or they ask me to go to start and type in something like indexing options You guessed menu start stopped working 7 search Win start search isn't working so that doesn't work I am fairly sure I need to rebuild the index but need to know how to get there if index search isn't working No idea when this may have failed so don't want to go to previous versions I have windows Win 7 start menu search stopped working update set to ask me as it keeps trying to install IE I did run the 'stop install of IE ' fix but nothing happened I have also had to restore to IE as the IE update got me as I thought it was blocked I must have not run the blocker properly Just mentioned in case that can cause the problem it is the only 'system' type thing I have done I have had Kaspersky security on the PC for years so shouldn't be that Any help appreciated also windows explorer search isn't working either

A:Win 7 start menu search stopped working

Start off by running a system file check.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296391-win-7-start-menu-search-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 77.83%

We have A VPN at work and the engineering manager wants to be able to search the engineering folders in other office from here.

He can manually navigate there but there folder structure is not uniform and it is impossible to find some drawings without the search.

The search function worked before christmas but since then it comes back with 0 results. A search of the CAD server in our office works normal and I can use my PC to search the CAD server at our other office.

The only major changes was a load of windows updates on christmas eve - but we have rolled back to before this and it didn't fix it.

Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-search-function-stopped-working-214138.html
Relevancy 77.83%

My Sony Vaio laptop with Vista operating system continually gives me a message that the Search Indexer has stopped working, and offers to look for a fix from the Microsoft website. I'm unable to search anything on my computer as a result. Is there a simple way to fix this?

A:Windows Search Indexer stopped working

hello
this may apply to you http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/0...with-kb952093/
good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-search-indexer-stopped-working-387408.html
Relevancy 77.83%

hey all i m using a toshiba tecra laptop with windows xp i ve been going through my music stopped search miraculously windows working! files for the last week pretty heavily which i store in My Shared Folder and since there are so many of them i just right-click the My Shared Folder icon go to Search and locate the mp I m looking for that way that has been working fine for the last three years and last night it just stopped working kaput now when i do exactly the same thing i ve always been doing it searches for a fraction of a second then tells me there are no results so i tried going to start menu - search to find the mp and it does find the mp that way but it takes a hell of a lot longer to find it than it normally does and windows search miraculously stopped working! it s not because the computer is searching other areas of the drive i see it searching My Shared Folder and it takes four times longer to go through each music sub-folder as it windows search miraculously stopped working! used to any ideas really confusing nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi guys at the moment my search bar in explorer and the start menu has completely stopped working.. im running win7 premium with service pack 1 and far as i know theres been no changes to the computer and stupid me has no restore points to test anything.. was hoping people in the know would have seen this before and had an easy fix... i have a asus g73jh i7 6gig... what other info can i give that would help.. im not illiterate on a computer but im no wizz either... thanks in advance
Darrin

A:search function has completely stopped working

Hello darrin and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'd try running a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If any problems are found, run the scan 3 times and reboot the computer after each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

If the system file checker scan doesn't help, these two Microsoft articles might:

The "Search programs and files" box does not display search results correctly in Windows 7 and in Windows 2008 R2

Searching in Windows: frequently asked questions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267274-search-function-has-completely-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Literally every 8-10 seconds I get a warning box from Windows that Microsoft Windows Search Indexer has stopped working. I have no idea how to solve this. On a possibly related note, I can't run Windows Backup either.

I verified that indexing is enabled on all of my drives in the drive properties.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on a 120G SSD (OCZ Vertex). I have 2 other WD HDDs I use in my system for storage, and I try to backup to a 2 TB WD Fantom external drive.

When viewing my Services window (under Administrative Tools) I verified the following:
Disk Defragmenter: Manual Startup Type
Volume Shadow Copy: Manual Startup Type
Windows Search: Automatic (Delayed Start) Startup Type

Attached are the .txt, .xml, and .mdmp files the error generates. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

A:Windows Search Indexer has stopped working

I'm just guessing here, but uninstall any SQL Server updates on your system, then reinstall them.
Remove any SQL Server stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program also
Run SFC.EXE /SCANNOW from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt.

User minidump analysis:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\Downloads\WERA5C_dump\WERA8D.tmp.mdmp]
User Mini Dump File: Only registers, stack and portions of memory are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS
Machine Name:
Debug session time: Mon Sep 27 18:57:21.000 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 4:16:20.135
Process Uptime: 0 days 0:00:01.000
Loading unloaded module list
This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
(1b4.14fc): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
ntdll!ZwWaitForMultipleObjects+0xa:
00000000`76f5030a c3 ret
0:004> !analyze -v
* Exception Analysis *

GetPageUrlData failed, server returned HTTP status 404
URL requested: http://watson.microsoft.com/StageOne/SearchIndexer_exe/7_0_7600_16385/4a5bd212/esent_dll/6_1_7600_16385/4a5bdf7c/c0000005/0003f047.htm?Retriage=1

FAULTING_IP:
esent!LGChecksum::UlChecksumBytes+df
000007fe`edb6f047 4d335048 xor r10,qword ptr [r8+48h]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: ffffffffffffffff -- (.exr 0xffffffffffffffff)
ExceptionAddress: 000007feedb6f047 (esent!LGChecksum::UlChecksumBytes+0x00000000000000df)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 0000000000faf000
Attempt to read from address 0000000000faf000

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: INVALID_POINTER_READ

PROCESS_NAME: SearchIndexer.exe

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 0000000000faf000

READ_ADDRESS: 0000000000faf000

FOLLOWUP_IP:
esent!LGChecksum::UlChecksumBytes+df
000007fe`edb6f047 4d335048 xor r10,qword ptr [r8+48h]

MOD_LIST: <ANALYSIS/>

NTGLOBALFLAG: 0

APPLICATION_VERIFIER_FLAGS: 0

FAULTING_THREAD: 00000000000014fc

PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: INVALID_POINTER_READ

BUGCHECK_STR: APPLICATION_FAULT_INVALID_POINTER_READ

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 000007feedb42244 to 000007feedb6f047

STACK_TEXT:
00000000`014152d0 000007fe`edb42244 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`01120020 00000000`09eeaa36 00000000`011f0000 : esent!LGChecksum::UlChecksumBytes+0xdf
00000000`014152e0 000007fe`edb44d08 : 00000025`025d0036 00000000`0000025d 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : esent!LOG::FValidLRCKRecord+0x4c
00000000`01415330 000007fe`edb44519 : 00000000`014161e0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`014161e0 : esent!LOG::ErrLGCheckReadLastLogRecordFF+0x451
00000000`01415a80 000007fe`edb476b6 : 00000000`01120020 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`01110020 : esent!LOG::ErrLGSoftStart+0xc56
00000000`01416190 000007fe`edb46d9b : 00000000`01110020 80000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`016342f4 : esent!Er... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114211-windows-search-indexer-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Recently I have been getting the error message quot Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Stopped Has Search Working Host Protocol Windows Host has stopped working quot popping up every seconds when Vista is building its search index After indexing is complete the messages disappear In the Windows Search Protocol Host Has Stopped Working event viewer the corresponding application errors show up Faulting application SearchProtocolHost exe version time stamp x b faulting module kernel dll version time stamp x bd exception code xc fault offset x process Windows Search Protocol Host Has Stopped Working id x ec application start time x c ce a eaadd I have tried system restore but none of my restore points worked so it looks like I am going to have to try and track down the problem I have tried rebuilding the windows search index and deleting rebuilding the actual index file but that didn t help I have done a lot of googling for an answer and the only solutions I have found applied to people who has Outlook installed which I do not Any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-search-protocol-host-has-stopped-working.600150/
Relevancy 76.97%

How do I restart my Search Indexer? The message I get when I start MS Outlook is: MS Search Indexer stopped working ans was closed.
How can I fix this?

Thanks
Sandra

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-can-not-log-into-ms-outlook-as-i-get-a-message-search-indexer-stopped-working-170986.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I'm pretty sure it's a malware problem...
Everything else works fine.
I've done a full virus scan and spyware scan - both came back negative.
Please help!

A:Google search, Gmail, Facebook etc stopped working

Hey, if you're sure this is a malware problem this forum has a nice guide to ridding of malware...

Read this thread and follow the instructions: http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/google-search-gmail-facebook-etc-stopped-working-271545.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I can't figure the best place to post this and it's a tough question anyway but I'll quot throw a Hail Mary quot here as they say and hope My office switched me from a VMWare-based Office working webmail stopped search Outlook function Outlook email setup to a local PC-based Office Outlook about four months ago This was done pretty painlessly and part of the cutover was a seamless cutover of our Outlook webmail As I said all went great except for one thing and that Outlook webmail search function stopped working is the Outlook webmail's search feature cannot find anything that has happened in the four months since the cutover Eight-year-old email Found in a second One sent or received yesterday Unfindable I can't find the answer to this myself no matter how carefully I research it Our outsourced IT people have been asked and they can't chase it down either and since they're on the clock the powers that be at my office don't exactly embrace them pursuing it too hard either Given that Outlook webmail search function stopped working I can identify the date of the problem date of cutover and likely cause switch from VMware-based Outlook to newer version on my local PC I don't think it should be that hard to fix Ideas

A:Outlook webmail search function stopped working

I don't know if this will help you at all. Is your PC on your office network & run through a server. If so this website might be useful.
Anyway it's worth having a look.

Exchange 2013 Outlook and OWA Search Does Not Work - Techieshelp.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/373334-outlook-webmail-search-function-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I just reinstalled Vista, and now I get this stupid reoccuring error "Windows Search Protocol HOst has stopped working". This doesnt go away and sems to randomely pop up. How do I get rid of it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-search-protocol-host-has-stopped-working.749854/
Relevancy 76.97%

Before when I began to type facebook into my google home page search box by the time I typed fac in a drop down box would appear and all I had to do was select from it. but now I have to type the full name and hit the search to get there it's the same way for any where I want to go now. I'm running win 7 home premium and FireFox as my default browser. Thanks for all suggestions.

A:suggestion drop down box from google search has stopped working

Try it in IE 9 and see if it works, that way you can narrow it down to google, firefox, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/215490-suggestion-drop-down-box-google-search-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have Windows Vista Business

I get this message repeatedly at bootup:

"Microsoft Windows Search Indexer stopped working and was closed
A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-windows-search-indexer-stopped-working-225173.html
Relevancy 76.54%

this morning i got those 2 errors pop up, and i cannot get into system info, cannot do a system restore
running windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epower-tray-has-stopped-working-oddpwr-has-stopped-working.1028791/
Relevancy 76.54%

HI I'VE INSTTALED WINDOWS PROF ON MY PC I M TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS ULTIMATE BY CLICKING ON SETUP EXE AN ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL WINDOWS ON MY PC Windows has working stopped working has stopped or installer setup.exe BUT THE ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING SAME THING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING AND ALL OTHER SETUP IN THAT DRIVE ARE SAYING SAME THING DON'T KNOW WTTD HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP I'M IN BIG TROUBLE NOTHING IS GOING TO INSTALL ERROR Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name setup exe Microsoft Windows Operating System Application Version Application Timestamp a Fault Module Name setup exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a Exception Code c Exception Offset f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline E Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working

Hi,

Lets start here:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278753-windows-installer-has-stopped-working-setup-exe-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 76.11%

First of all my PC kept shutting down and restarting 2 days ago. Than yesterday I kept getting the message "Search Protocol Host stopped working." I ran both my spyware and anti-virus programs today in Safe Mode. I had 11 Trogan viruses that I found and quarantined. But now I can't open up my pc only in the Safe Mode. All I get is a dark blank screen in the regular mode.

What can I do!

Thanks Patricia

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-stopped-working-455936.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have Windows Vista RTM I got this message repeatedly at bootup Microsoft Windows Search Indexer stopped working and was closed A problem caused the application to stop working stopped closed Indexer Windows and was Search Microsoft working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is available So I went into services and disabled it and I had to also disable the automatic retry separately or it kept starting despite being quot disabled quot Any attempt to manually start it there gives me Windows could not start the Windows Search service on Local Computer Error The process terminated unexpectedly I searched around the Internet for some time on this issue I got the following ideas one was to rebuild the search index -- but I can't go into advanced without the service being started The second was to use Microsoft Windows Search Indexer stopped working and was closed system restore I didn't have a restore point yet because this showed up on second boot just after I installed some drivers and nothing else I had previously installed Vista on the exact same computer and all of these drivers with no issue on that I had to reinstall after I got a continuous stop error-- gt reboot-- gt stop error loop after trying to install Alcohol I then vowed to just install the drivers and then make a restore point Do you have any idea what I could do short of reinstalling again which could just bring the same problem back after I get my drivers running again

A:Microsoft Windows Search Indexer stopped working and was closed

Hello.

I just want to say, for the sake of anybody who finds this on Google, that I fixed it. The trick is to delete all files related to search indexing, located by default at:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows

and:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Temp

Delete all files and folders in these directories (you might want to make a backup, I did, but it proved unnecessary).

Then, change the service back to starting automatically. You still can't start the service until you reboot, at which time Windows will rebuild the index.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-windows-search-indexer-stopped-working-and-was-closed-138952.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I appear to have multiple issues on my daughter s laptop running Vista Home premium SP This started when she got some sort of hijack virus that prevented her Working Web Host lost, Search connections All Windows Protocol Stopped from even getting to All Web connections lost, Windows Search Protocol Host Stopped Working the Windows screen I restored her PC to a previous known good configuration and she was able to go back into Windows I installed Symantec Endpoint protection since her Norton subscription had expired She now cannot connect to any internet sites through either IE or Google Chrome I restored again to the pre-Symantec config and the internet issue still exists I have scoured forums left and right found multiple suggestions none of which work In trying to see if other applications could connect I started Outlook and am now getting quot Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host has stopped working quot popups every seconds Windows firewall shows as on but has a message that all inbound connections that do not have an exception are blocked To see if this was a network connection problem I ran IPCONFIG ALL and can see a valid IP address I then pinged the address as well as this site s address and Yahoo com and got valid responses I started looking at Services but am probably in over my head and wanted to try and get help before proceeding further Normally at this point I do a complete system restore but my daughter has so many photos music files school files etc that I d rather avoid that if there is a simpler solution I can download Windows updates so I know the wireless connection is good If this helps here is the Hijack This log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GROOVE EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files x Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack ItSecMng exe C Program Files x Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerCinema for TOSHIBA PCMAgent exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerCinema for TOSHIBA Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba traybar exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files x Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dogpile com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - BHO Groove GF... Read more

A:All Web connections lost, Windows Search Protocol Host Stopped Working

Bump. I disabled the Windows search service but still have the unable to connect to the internet problem. I ran SFC /SCANNOW and there were several corrupt files that it could not repair. I am currently running CHKDSK and it is taking a long time (but still progressing). If I had to guess, there are corrupt files some of which are preventing connection with the internet. They may or may not have been caused by the virus I had to remove. Since the virus was showing itself on bootup and not allowing me into Windows, I had to disconnect the battery to reboot. Maybe that corrupts files?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-web-connections-lost-windows-search-protocol-host-stopped-working.890424/
Relevancy 74.82%

Okay so I got to this problem when I was trying to install Adobe CC on my computer and nothing happens when double click the installer yes I've tried unblocking it So snooping around on the net for answers I found that I might be having issues with my Firewall There's just an quot Update your Firewall Settings quot and when I click quot Use Recommended Settings quot an error prompt pops out quot Error code x c quot And Norton was saying that my Base Filtering Engine is failing can't show you a screenshot because I've uninstalled Norton already Here's what it shows when I try to start my BFE and Firewall manually BFE - quot Windows could not start the Base Filtering Engine service on Local computer Error Access is denied quot help Please Error - Filtering Engine Base 5 working Not Firewall - Error The dependency service or group failed to start nbsp I assume Base Filtering Engine Not working Error 5 - Please help the dependency stated is the BFE I've tried doing the said instructions from these links but it's not working for me Base Filtering Engine Not working Error 5 - Please help techsupportforum com forums f solved-windows- -windows-firewall-not-working-bfe-access-denied- html sevenforums com windows-updates-activation -base-filtering-engine-could-not-started-system-error- -has-occured html Not sure if it's the virus since this laptop wasn't connected to the internet for quite some time I have Microsoft Security Essentials and Roboscan nbsp And just to set priorities straight I need help with installing my Adobe CC that's why I'm scrunging LOL Is that even a word around to fix this problem Hope you can help me out I really need Adobe CC for work lt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a526ece4-1075-4ad1-b354-92a7cee397e3/base-filtering-engine-not-working-error-5-please-help?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 73.53%

I get these two error messages every time I start my computer, is there any help? I have an Acer 4810T

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oddpwr-has-stopped-working-and-epowertray-has-stopped-working.1129242/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,
I am getting a "xxx has stopped working" error every time I try to open certain programs. I ran Avira and got no warnings. Can't run Malwarebytes or Superantispyware because they give me the error. Logitech update and skype are a couple of other examples of programs that won't run. Some programs open okay, but most give me the error.

I installed a Windows update right before this happened. It was a gigantic one, with like 100 items and took about half an hour. I recently reinstalled Windows a few weeks ago and I thought maybe this was the first update since I did so maybe that's why it was so huge, but it seemed odd. I tried system restore, but it gives me an error when my computer restarts saying it can't start Windows and I have to undo the restore.
Windows 7 64bit
intel i5-2410M CPU 2.3 GHz
8GB Ram
Thank you for your help.

A:"Has stopped working" error

I suggest you to uninstall / rever back the all Windows update which you have downloaded. Uninstall the windows updates from add/remove tab- control panel.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509701/has-stopped-working-error/
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm getting COM Surrogate has stopped working on windows 7 64bit.
Any ideas please?

Thanks

Problem signature:
Application Name: DllHost.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Application Timestamp: 4a5bca54
Fault Module Name: ESENT.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17577
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d79bfba
Exception Offset: 00000000001aa6e4
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

A:Stopped Working Error!

Hi up2nogooduk, This error usually applies to faulty codecs for image files , Try reinstalling the codecs you are using.
Have a look at this Fix for COM Surrogate Has Stopped Working Error in Vista It's for Vista but also relates to Win7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296214-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have an acer 5100 laptop with a built-in webcam. Everytime I click to start it, I get the "orbicam has stopped working" error and it needs to shutdown. It was working before and all of a sudden it doesn't work. I have a toshiba laptop that gets the same error when I open a WMV file. Any fixes or help????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stopped-working-error-189200.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello:
The mouse started to stray and stopped working in the middle of doing something, i.e. eBay, typing word and etc. which is very annoying and first of all, I lose all of the work done due to stopping of the mouse.

However, the mouse started working as if nothing wrong, once I restarted by 'force' restart ..... pushing the button in the middle of the PC. Otherwise, the PC is all fine and working OK.

I did apply Malwarebytes to combat the issue, however the issue does not resolve.

Any help on this would be truoly appreciated.

Thanks,

A:Mouse stopped working in the middle of working, i.e. eBay, typing word, etc.

Did you try a different mouse? If you still have the same problem with a new mouse, see if there are any drivers for the mouse from it's manufacturers web site.
Also try a Clean Boot, if that works, then add one startup item at a time till the mouse acts weird again, then you know that is the problematic program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-stopped-working-in-the-middle-of-working-i-e-ebay-typing-word-etc-869906.html
Relevancy 72.24%

System: ASUS K52F laptop

I updated my laptop on Nov 2. One of the optional updates I installed was a driver update, "Elan - Other hardware - ELAN Input Device". Apparently this was a mistake. I have two accounts - an "Administrator" account and a "Standard User" account. When I log into the standard user account, but not the administrator account, a dialog appears with the message "ElanTPCfg has stopped working". See the attached for the dialog details.
Why does this error occur? How can I fix? Or should I just ignore the error and forget it?

Thoughts?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/385411-how-fix-error-elantpcfg-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Mod Edit Moved from Windows to the more appropriate forum bloopie Hello I am not sure what the order of these things happened but it has been over the course of just the past couple of days Google search result links were being redirected I started thinking that Google Getting working" has "winrscmde error stopped search had sold their results to advertisers When resuming Windows after a Hibernation the system gave a quot could not restart quot error and started repairing files After a message saying that it could not repair Getting "winrscmde has stopped working" error the system I restarted and it gave the same error but I canceled the repair and did a hard power down On power up it then restarted normally It seemed to me at the time to be just a hard disk glitch I experienced an unexplained automatic restart of Windows I was in the middle of typing a Word document and it performed a shutdown restart without warning My system was running very slow and the wireless network link showed heavy download traffic It cleared up after about a half-hour I looked and saw that the system wanted to run an update on shutdown so I did the shutdown so it could run the update Shortly after the restart Windows Malware Removal Tool popped up and said it removed a quot search redirection Trojan quot I read the info and closed the dialog box I was now thinking that the problem was fixed I now have an quot winrscmde has stopped working quot error box on my Desktop After a quick search of quot winrscmde quot on Google led me here I am sure my system is infected Can anyone help me RocketMann

A:Getting "winrscmde has stopped working" error

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here.If you get crashes in normal mode,run it in safemode with networkingDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471545/getting-winrscmde-has-stopped-working-error/
Relevancy 72.24%

When i alt tab, it quite often pop out this error: application has stopped working, in multiple games.
No idea what is cause of that.
I didn't install, or change anything lately.
I am using Windows 7 64 bit.
And it is bugged i can't click button for terminating application, i need pres alt tab, select this error window and click ok or something twice.
I have in event viewer error id 1000, supposedly it is cause by faulty dns.
But if i got this error in offline singleplayer game, doesn't make sense to me.

Relevancy 72.24%

I get this error every time I watch a movie on my PC:

Upon clicking on details I found out that it has something to do with svchost. Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Gcln has stopped working error

Sorry, I have to specify this. Actually, the error doesn't only appear when I watch a movie, but almost every five minutes, no matter what I do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gcln-has-stopped-working-error-641393.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all Got system up and running after a nightmare loss of data weeks ago - did another thread that's disappeared in the ether of forgotten posts - and it's been fine until the last couple of days and we're off again with the growing pains of Vista x Installed Crysis on Friday and system slowed quite a bit after this and then put in Gears of War and it's not really recovered since The games run brilliantly with no slowdown but Vista itself has become an absolute pig stuck in mud - as i type this i'm trying to fix my Sony Ericsson K i software as ndt2.sys help? stopped error working - Vista stopped seeing the 'phone when plugged into the ndt2.sys stopped working error - help? USB cable and it's been trying to install the software again for the last hour Anyway i've just had the error i put in the title of this post - ndt sys has stopped working - during the installation of the Sony Ericsson software and just wondering if it's anything to be worried about Thanks

A:ndt2.sys stopped working error - help?

Have you tried the "System Restore Wizard?"

-John

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/109208-ndt2-sys-stopped-working-error-help.html
Relevancy 72.24%

This applies to EVERY source game not just the orange box The error only applies to Vista computers that i know of so far Here is what the message looks like ---Microsoft Windows----------- - X hl exe has stopped working A problem has caused the program to stop working Please close the program it s prettymuch the worst thing i ve ever seen in my life the error message doesn t even denotate a SPECIFIC problem it just states that one exists I was able to get my HL to run a few weeks ago but now all of my Source games won t work the same message pops up for each of them hl exe has stopped It s getting lame I have Windows Vista Business edition with a Quinnipiac University Image if that makes any difference it shouldn t ghz intel centrino duo gb ram intel core graphics bare minimum but enough to opperate the game I don t understand why it refuses to work i m losing my mind and i ve tried about everything it s got to be Vista Please help -Sean nbsp

A:HL2 Error message: hl2.exe has stopped working...

I responded to your other post in the other thread, but I'll post the same thing here to keep both separated.

Apparently, the Orange Box requires Shader model 3.0 support to run, and your video card does not support SM 3.0, only SM 2.0. Did this problem occur before you bought the Orange Box? Has it only occurred since you bought the Orange Box?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hl2-error-message-hl2-exe-has-stopped-working.639284/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have this error,  I have Vista, and my iphone device drivers won't install. It is recognized in itunes but not on my computer. The error occurs everytime an apple device is plugged into usb. It wont install the device and says digital still camera failed...help!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508984/wudfhostexe-has-stopped-working-error/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there when I'm using my Windows Home Premium bit computer and when using it in general not noticed it to happen at any specific time an error message shows up stopped working Powershell Fix error has saying quot Powershell has stopped working quot followed by Fix Powershell has stopped working error quot A problem caused the program to stop working Fix Powershell has stopped working error correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available quot although when confirming to close the program no solution is found by windows This error message will pop up every few seconds and even if I don't confirm to close the program multiple error messages will continue to appear During general use of my computer there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it although I'm not entirely sure what Powershell does - the only annoyance is that the message continually shows up Is anybody familiar with this error and how to solve it or how I can get more information about the error to give to you Many thanks Toby

A:Fix Powershell has stopped working error

Hi and Welcome to SevenForums,

I would try a system file check - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

If that doesn't help, take a look here and see if this helps - Windows Powershell has stopped working

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/345924-fix-powershell-has-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I continue to get an error box stating that '8GqhBuca.exe has stopped working. Windows will try to find a solution'. I am not sure what driver conflict I might have nor how to troubleshoot this problem.

Has anyone ever seen this error before?

A:8GqhBuca.exe stopped working error

Welcome
Google comes up blank
This usually means a name changing Virus
Run an upadated and full anti virus scan
Download and run a full malwarebytes scan.
If you cant do, post and I will be sure that our Best Anti Virus person sees your post.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288177-8gqhbuca-exe-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 72.24%

ok i have a dell optiplex Windows bit that i am setting up fo a user in our company when i logged on as the local admin and a domain admin user i got this message SCNotification has stopped working Windows can has error stopped working SCNotification check online for SCNotification has stopped working error a solution to the problem -Check online for a solution and close the program -Close the program v View problem detailsProblem signature Problem Event Name CLR r Problem Signature scnotification exe Problem Signature Problem Signature f f b Problem Signature mscorlib Problem Signature Problem Signature ee af e Problem Signature fda Problem Signature c Problem Signature IOIBMURHYNRXKW ZXKYRVFN BOYYUFOW OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad SCNotification has stopped working error b a e Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I keep closing the program SCNotification has stopped working error via the program choice clicked the red X and even tried to check online for the solution but the error keeps appearing when i close it out Have you guys ever seen this before

A:SCNotification has stopped working error

Ok, I have discovered that for this error all you have to do is repair the latest version of your .net install that you have.

This has only been happening on some of windows 7 x64bit machines at my job and they usually have .net 4 on them. So i just pulled an new install file from google and repaired the .net program restarted and presto!

The error never appeared again

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/260395-scnotification-has-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I'm running Windows Vista home premium - right now error Explorer working = stopped Win in safe mode It's difficult impossible to boot - I get an error that says Windows Explorer has stopped error = Win Explorer stopped working working - and then the boot process stops thanks in advance for any and all help log files Hijackthis and Panda Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Status MaxMenuMgr exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Program Files Common Files logishrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Windows mrofinu exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files a la mode Sched eSched exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a- c- a -b -c b cc d - C Windows system byXQKbxw dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KbdStub EXE O - HKLM Run OsdMaestro quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe quot O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run HP Health Check Scheduler ProgramFilesFolder Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check HPHC Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateReg quot C Windows system jureg exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update c Program Files HP HP Software Update HPW... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/error-win-explorer-stopped-working-238952.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Forgive my ignorance, but I am new here and not sure how to start a thread on this subject.

Often times when I type the first letter in a search box or some form field, a box pops up.

Does anyone know anything about this type of error? Serious help will be greatly appreciated. This error is annoying, but doesn't seem destructive.

Thanks

A:blank.scr has stopped working error

A .scr File is a Screen Saver file but the Blank part isn't meant to be there.

What do you have your Screen Saver set to?

You may want to follow this thread

No blank.scr screensaver

Hope This helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282080-blank-scr-has-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Windows -Bit The error message COM Surrogate has Surrogate stopped error. COM working has stopped working appears when I Click Add or Remove Programs Uninstall Programs which is how I discovered the problem Randomly appears when clicking through the control panel Other features in control panel besides add remove programs aren t opening either including View Install Updates Device Manager and others that I still haven t found yet Fixes I ve attempted Everything I can find on google Cant make dllhost exe a exception in Data Execution Prevention because I cant modify bit executables it says I completely disabled DEP using CMD and had no success aswell after confirming it was off positive it is not the thumbnail nero divx problem that seems to the problem for COM Surrogate has stopped working error. most people because I can see thumbnails perfectly and haven t touched one of the those programs in a very long time The only changes that I think could ve caused it determined by when my computer ran fine and the error first started appearing Removed the partition of a backup Windows XP on my main windows drive Updated my catalyst control center Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/com-surrogate-has-stopped-working-error.1022502/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi My laptop runs Windows Vista has stopped working Application error Business It also runs F-Secure PC Security Shield Application has stopped working error I recently downloaded and installed Amazon's Kindle for PC Beta software application When I Application has stopped working error try to launch this application an error message gets displayed which reads as quot Amazon Kindle For PC Application has stopped working quot with two options Debug or Close program The Close Program action shuts down the application appropriately I have given below dump of the log when Application has stopped working error I take the action of Debug on the error message window I described above The user id using which I log into my laptop has adminstrator rights I have tried running the application 'as administrator' any ways and did not get a different result I tried changing the DEP Data Execution Prevention feature setup as prompted suggested by the system via certain help messages and did not find any change in the behaviour Interestingly if I am not connected to the internet the same application loads successfully I suspect this might be caused by the F-Secure PC Security Shield however I am not sure if that is 'the' only root cause I would NOT like to consider an option of switching off F-Secure PC Security Shield I have not sought help from Amazon yet which could be one option Suggestions comments are welcome Thanks in advance The log from Debug 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Users Xinna AppData Local Amazon Kindle For PC application KindleForPC exe' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System ntdll dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System kernel dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System wininet dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System msvcrt dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System shlwapi dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System gdi dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System user dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System advapi dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System rpcrt dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System normaliz dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System urlmon dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System ole dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System oleaut dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System iertutil dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System winmm dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System oleacc dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System comdlg dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows winsxs x microsoft windows common-controls b ccf df none cb f b de comctl dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System shell dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows winsxs x microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none bcb ed ac f msvcp dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows winsxs x microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none bcb ed ac f msvcr dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System crypt dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System msasn dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System userenv dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System secur dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System wintrust dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System imagehlp dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System ws dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System nsi dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System imm dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System msctf dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System lpk dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System usp dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System uxtheme dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Program Files PC Security Shield Spam Control fsscoepl dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System nvsvc dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System wtsapi dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System setupapi dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System powrprof dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System BtMmHook dll' 'KindleForPC exe' Loaded 'C Windows System psapi dll' 'Kind... Read more

A:Application has stopped working error

I have the same problem. Using Vista x64 and the f-secure software. Amazon has no solution, nor do I. Just wondering if you found one yourself.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/264691-application-has-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, whenever I try to save a file in Word (or any program) and press 'OK', or right click a file to 'open with... > choose default program' and I select a program and press 'open', it gives me a '(something) has stopped working' error. Also, pressing enter instead of clicking on the button seems to bypass the error.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific, right now my computer is inaccessable (no monitor)

Any help would be appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/has-stopped-working-error-when-saving.916935/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi...

I am working on 3ds max application, which always takes lot of time to load files or do some any complex work, the problem is windows 7 thinks it as "application has stopped working" and closes that down, i am sure, if i can give more time to 3ds max application it will surely come back from not responding state to responding state, but this stupid windows 7 is creating problem for me............

can any one help me on this.........

thanks.........

A:application has stopped working error

I think you've misjudged the symptoms.

The OS will not terminate a process just because it's unresponsive to "window messages" for whatever reason. When that's the extent of the problem, you tend to see the app UI lock up, accompanied by a "not responding" label in Task Manager.

"Application has stopped working" is the nice way of saying "has crashed". The OS notices when the app unintentionally does things which are impossible - division by zero, accessing memory which doesn't belong to it... that sort of thing. If the app cannot recover when such an attempt is caught (it doesn't provide a suitable "exception handler"), then the inevitable result is an outright crash.

Try updating 3DSMax, your video driver, and stay away from "desktop enhancers/extenders" and similar utilities which could conceivably mess with the app UI rendering.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/28538-application-has-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Sorry Its r Hey guys I got this error from Windows bit Nombre del evento de problema APPCRASH Nombre de la aplicaci n FlashPlayerPlugin exe Versi n de la aplicaci n Marca de tiempo de la aplicaci n da Nombre del m dulo con errores StackHash eb Versi n del m dulo con errores Marca de tiempo del m dulo con errores C digo de excepci n c Desplazamiento de excepci n cd Versi n del sistema operativo Id de configuraci n regional Informaci n adicional eb Informaci n adicional eb fe a f dafe d bb bf Informaci n adicional f Informaci n adicional f 17.0r. this Adobe with error. Stopped Help working c e d c e b fa fde b Its happening when I'm using mozilla he detects it and says about stopping the script Help with this error. Adobe Stopped working 17.0r. that is Help with this error. Adobe Stopped working 17.0r. triggering the error What I've tried is reinstalling the adobe that didnt work and also checking if it was enabled on the add-ons plugin tools on the Mozilla Thanks in advance for all the help Lately I've got problems with the computer xD

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575682/help-with-this-error-adobe-stopped-working-170r/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have started receiving a eNMTray has stopped working message It closes the Working Has (error) Stopped Enmtray program out The program that it is closing out is my wireless router linksys connection I have worked with linksys to finally get my internet connection up and running again but I am still receiving the eNMTray message Enmtray Has Stopped Working (error) I typed in eNMTray into Yahoo's search engine and Enmtray Has Stopped Working (error) have noticed that other people seemed to have had the same problems that I have had I am not sure what is causing the problem but would like to resolve it as soon as I can I followed all the steps on the preparation guide before posting a HijackThis log However I am still receiving the eNMTray message So I am posting my HijackThis log in hopes that someone can help me fix this problem Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Launch Manager LManager exeC Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exeC Program Files Common Files aol ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared CIM AcctMgr exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Acer Empowering Technology EPOWER EPOWER DMC EXEC Users Owner AppData Local Temp RtkBtMnt exeC Acer Empowering Technology ACER EMPOWERING FRAMEWORK SUPERVISOR EXEC Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery ERAGENT EXEC Windows system igfxext exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en us acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO ShowBarObj Class - A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - C Windows system ActiveToolBand dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -F... Read more

A:Enmtray Has Stopped Working (error)

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.Also make sure you have already followed the steps outlined below:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogThank you for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123987/enmtray-has-stopped-working-error/
Relevancy 72.24%

I upgraded from win 7 to win 8 pro about a month ago. Ever since then, when I go to my F drive and open 2 folders that have video clips/screenshots in them a box pops up saying com surrogate has stopped working. When I click on close the program it comes right back and a green bar starts filling in on the top of the window. In the event viewer under applications the event shows the faulting application as DllHost.exe and faulting module as ntdll.dll. I've looked and looked but I just don't know enough to understand all of this completly. Please help as I really want to get this fixed.

A:COM Surrogate has stopped working error msg

Do you by any chance have Acronis True Image installed? I think there have been reports like yours on it for some systems.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20040-com-surrogate-has-stopped-working-error-msg.html
Relevancy 72.24%

So one day I was using a laptop wirelessly when the internet just suddenly turned off. I checked my modem and it was working fine but when I checked my router, the lights were on but not blinking. it was just a steady light. when I checked for a wireless network the name of the network I usually use didnt show up.

I tried unplugging everything and plugging everything back in again and I tried pressing the reset button on the back of the router. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much

P.S. my router is a linksys WRT300N Wireless-N Broadband router

A:Wireless router suddenly stopped working (Lights still working though)

what devices do you have connected the router anything else wireless
make and model of the pc

does the PC work if you connect to the router by a cable ?
if not
try connecting directly to the modem and see if that works OK

we need to see some details, which will mean you need to copy to a working PC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-suddenly-stopped-working-lights-still-working-though.964187/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have had a rather large problem over the last couple of days It started earlier in the week when one drive stopped working Not a big problem I ve had drives fail before disks so i can handle one less for a little while i though Not so though while still waiting for my new drive using my computer like usual with less load on unit D i suddenly start getting as Disks - Volume working, RAID the but Stopped Working 5 listed are write-errors to D and the Intel Matrix Storage Console RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working lists it as Stopped Working instead of Degraded Nothing changed RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working except for the status of the Volume all the disks read the same as before fully functional I have very little experience with these sort of matters This is the first time I ve lost a drive where i might lose data as well and i have pretty much no idea where to go from here I ve tried to replace the faulty disk with another GB drive but the RAID-setup in BIOS just tells me there isn t enough space and the Console in Windows places the new drive as a Non-RAID drive I can mark it as reserve but that seems to be all i can do with it I m not hopefully asking for miracles I have just two things that i really need to retrieve from the Volume my Firefox sessions saved in a separate folder at the root of the drive and my Thunderbird mail stored in their standard location as my whole Windows-profile is on that drive Everything else i can get again Well not really i have stuff stored up from - years back from people who has withdrawn from the net and taken everything with them or died Old stuff that is no longer available on the net and so on But i could live with that loss It would be hard but i could do it The mail though stretch almost the whole way to when i first started using internet back in DOS and the Firefox sessions contain close to a hundred windows in total and probably over a thousand tabs Most i will never be able to find again no matter how long or hard i search That s a pretty devastating blow The thought of loosing all that is making me nauseous Any help i can get to retrieve the data is appreciated I couldn t put into words how thankful i would be if i got it back ASUS Maximus Formula SE motherboard now x Western Digital GB Caviar Anyting else you need to know please ask Any help at all is welcome nbsp

A:RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-5-disks-are-working-but-the-volume-listed-as-stopped-working.898682/
Relevancy 71.81%

I get all those messages at start up, plus superfetch has stopped working, and sometimes windows explorer has stopped working. I know it's some type of virus from something. So far safe mode has been working (slowly). Yesterday I had a friend reinstall(?) vista on it so I'm not sure if it would qualify as a legal copy or not anymore but it was actually much worse before that. It couldn't even start up right normal or safe mode.

it is a hp G60t-200, and the OS is vista, I'm not sure what other info would be needed for this. Please help if you can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/clr-error-80004005-error-0x800106ba-windows-problem-reporting-has-stopped-working-487867.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey, Fellas, I'm back.
Lately when I've tried looking at different folders and files on my hard drives I keep getting "Windows Explorer has stopped working and will restart." It's driving me nuts, I can barely do anything.
Also, same thing with Internet Explorer...I'm getting real sick of Vista's shoddiness..

A:Windows Explorer Stopped Working, Internet Explorer Stopped Working, what DOES work?

Hi,
Have a look at the events log and make a virus scan too.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170404-windows-explorer-stopped-working-internet-explorer-stopped-working-what-does-work.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Okay this is the weirdest problem I ve ever hard with computers Here s what happened I had a few years old Pentium D GHz processor running on Asus P VDC-X mobo PQI MHz DDR and GF GS mb PCI-E W power I updated the mobo to Asus P L-MX to support faster PCI-E cards Everything worked fine despite the processor stopped working, working suddenly old mobo mobos New ran too hot C on high use Because of the overheating I replaced the thermal paste but it New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working had no effect on the temperature I thought I used too much paste so I replaced the paste again --- Bang no video when I turn on the computer I tried taking off everything part by part but nothing worked It didn t work even when I only had processor and used the integrated graphics port Tried resetting the bios too Nothing worked so I put back the old P VDC-X and it worked like charm I thought it was logical that the problem was caused because of the mobo so I bought New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working a new one Asrock G M-S No video Did the same steps to this one too It also had integrated gfx but it didn t work either The old P VDC-X still works So I have no idea what s causing the problem Is it the CPU Mobo PSU RAM I have no speaker on my case so I can t hear any beeps but it won t start loading the OS from the hardrive and my USB mouse won t turn on Tried using a differen t monitor too The main point is why it stopped working suddenly on new mobo s but still works with the old P VDC-X Any ideas Let me know if I forgot to mention something important nbsp

A:New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working

Two new motherboards tells us you made the same simple install error in both of them.
Tell us more about power supply, memory, cable.
Did you make sure the memory was correct for both new boards, and what is the memory on the old board. Would also like to know the power supply and other hard ware.
What happens with the most basic, simple install. Does everything light up?

If you used the same hard drive with the same Windows install on the two motherboards, that is the problem. Windows has detected that you have changed the motherboard and will not operate unless you reinstall Windows on the drive on each new motherboard... One install for each motherboard.
My guess is that you will be fine if you change hard drives or do reinstalls or repair installs of the Windows on the new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobos-suddenly-stopped-working-old-mobo-working.135719/
Relevancy 71.38%

sometimes when I use a filter in PSP, the program freezes. The workspace turns into a pale, white-ish color & then it gives me a message that says:

Paint Shop Pro X2 has stopped working
A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

It looks like this...

Do you know how I can fix this? Thanks.

A:paint shop pro stopped working error

I see others complaining of this on Corel's forums, with no fixes suggested. Is this a recent problem that may be fixed with a system restore? If not, an uninstall/reinstall is usually suggested. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/286323-paint-shop-pro-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello I am getting these dialog boxes when the system starts up This appears for - times and I have to press 'Ok' 'Close the program' every time It goes away after - attempts and then it doesn't appear on hibernate resume etc until next restart Attachment The sequence of events that I remember working. Devicemanager.exe error stopped and Runtime which caused this are related to installation of USB modem driver The Huawei USB modem drivers were for Windows XP I believe and hence could not detect the device on installation So I played around a lot to install uninstall those drivers system restore etc From that day onwards I am seeing this error Any help is highly appreciated Please find below the system information summary OS Name Microsoft Windows Enterprise Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name System Manufacturer LENOVO System Model CF System Type x Runtime error and Devicemanager.exe stopped working. -based PC Processor Runtime error and Devicemanager.exe stopped working. Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date LENOVO IET WW - - SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Time Zone India Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Runtime error and Devicemanager.exe stopped working. Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Thanks -Sachin

A:Runtime error and Devicemanager.exe stopped working.

Download a new copy of the .dll file from here:

msvcr90.dll free download - DLL-files.com

and follow the instructions on the site or that come with the download..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/186176-runtime-error-devicemanager-exe-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 71.38%

When I go into Default Programs in the Control Panel and click 'associate a file type or protocol with a program', I get the message 'Windows Explorer has stopped working'.

When I restart Windows Explorer and try again, I just get the same message. Any idea what could be causing this and solutions?
I'm running windows 7 ultimate 32bit .

A:Windows 7 Explorer has stopped working error plz help

Does anyone have a solution ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/61832-windows-7-explorer-has-stopped-working-error-plz-help.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi, looks like I'm on the verge of having to try a repair install to fix my "Windows explorer has stopped working error" errors (having tried all of the other suggestions in your very comprehensive guide).

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered above but my Acer laptop came with their branded W7 so I guess that would be a factory OEM install..? Do you think there's any point trying this method to preserve my data before I try resetting it to factory default?

If it helps to know, I've got 3 partitions on my HDD (14GB Recovery Partition; 100MB SYSTEM RESERVED; 582GB for C: ) and I can access a screen like system recovery options by booting into safe mode...Does that change my options at all?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

A:Windows explorer has stopped working error

Quote: Originally Posted by AlexIsAlex

I'm on the verge of having to try a repair install to fix my "Windows explorer has stopped working error" errors...

Dunno what you have tried, but I have a PC with these and used ShellExView64 to disable non-MS shell extensions and my Explorer crashes stopped. Still haven't pinpointed the precise culprit yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/229228-windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I am trying to get live cams on working Add-on Installer message stopped has error an eagle nest http eaglecams ginncompany com default htm Many of my friends can open that site with no problem But I get the error message Internet Explorer Add-on Installer has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available There is a quot close program quot button on the error message I have Windows Vista Ultimate on my Toshiba computer Microsoft won t talk to me or even let me access online chat help because the Vista was pre-installed by Toshiba Toshiba tech help kept me on the phone Add-on Installer has stopped working error message hours pm to am EDT and only succeeded in screwing up my computer by having me turn off things that should not have been turned off It took me another hours the next day to straighten out the mess and I still have the error message problem Does anyone have any suggestions or idea what could be causing this and what I can do to fix it Thanks so much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-on-installer-has-stopped-working-error-message.640091/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi and thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer I m running Windows and and the electrical power shut off suddenly at my home Once the power came back on the computer seemed to work okay for abou ten minutes and after that I started getting a quot Windows explorer has stopped working quot error message followed by a request for me to restart the program I m not sure if the power outage caused this windows error help working Please with stopped explorer has problem I can still boot into windows now but seconds after boot up it comes up with the Please help with windows explorer has stopped working error quot Windows Explorer quot error and wants to restart Windows Explorer again After restarting it just crashes again Please help with windows explorer has stopped working error almost immediately and this continues endlessly During this cycling I can move the mouse but it is extremely slow If I m quick I can click on desktop icons and use whatever program I run as long as I do it before Windows Explorer crashes After that I can t click icons any more If I go into windows explorer it shows me folders but not files so I can t run anything from within it It also stops me using control panel so I cant uninstall anything if I want to I ve done a lot of research but can t find a solution that works for me I ve run Please help with windows explorer has stopped working error Glary utilities Advanced Windows Care Hijack this SFC and Spybot without fixing the problem I did not install any new software before the error first started and SFC said all system files were okay I don t use restore points so can t go back and the problem persists even in safe mode Can anyone offer any advice for me as this problem is debilitating and has me pulling my hair out Thanks Kim nbsp

A:Please help with windows explorer has stopped working error

I've run Glary utilities, Advanced Windows Care, Hijack this, SFC and Spybot without fixing the problem.Click to expand...

I'm assuming you're referring to the use of Glary Utilities and IObit Advanced SystemCare in your computer.

Regular use of these type of apps is a good way for you to "trash" the Windows operating system and "trash" certain programs and generate unexpected error/warning messages and wreak havoc with your computer.

I'm not there to look at your computer, but it's my guess you need to reinstall Windows and get a fresh start with it.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-with-windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-error.1129255/
Relevancy 71.38%

I started getting this error message 2 days ago on my laptop @ startup. "X10 module stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly." This delays startup. Am running Windows XP Hope some one can help.

Relevancy 71.38%

every time I try to boot IE, I get an error message:
Internet Explorer has stopped working correctly and will be closed. You will be notified if a solution is available.

Clues: EMET 5.0 has detected EAF and (Guard Page) mitigation and will close the application.

What's going on here?

A:[SOLVED] Win 7 IE stopped working error messages

Disable EMET for the time being.
In another browser or computer, if on another computer, save it to a USB Flash Drive download Junkware Removal Tool, Install it, Run it, A DOS window appears, press any key. It starts to scan automatically.
Download ADWCleaner, Run it, Install it. Scan, leave everything checked. Clean. Both of these programs show a text file after they are done showing you what they have removed.
Go to Control Panel/ Internet Options/Advanced/Reset Internet Explorer settings/Reset

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-win-7-ie-stopped-working-error-messages-930626.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Ok, I think this has something to do with my screen saver. My ACER computer sits for a while and then an alarm goes off. The Message Unspecified error starts in a cascading block down the screen. After about 20 seconds another box pops up and the alarm stops. The new message reads ACER(N-SCR has stopped working. This started yesterday when I downloaded my #3 update to my windows vista 64. Any thoughts?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170028-error-message-acer-n-scr-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I am new to the forums. Hoping to get some help with this.

I have been getting the Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working error for quite some time. I previously ran Malware Bytes and that did nothing. I finally spent some time searching for the solution. I ran the Scannow which went to 100% then gave the following error: "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"

I was able to get a copy of the sfcdetails.txt file on my desktop and it is all gibberish to me. In two areas it says "Cannot repair member file..." I have attached the file.

I have no idea where to get from here. Can anyone help me out?

A:Error: Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working

The SFC result is clean, those 2 are not actually corrupt (known issue). You can uninstall KB3022345 and KB3068708, and hide them when/if offered again. Or you can leave them be, they are not related to your issue.

In such a situation I would try these:
- try a clean startup - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
- try with another user account - User Account - Create
- try Safe Mode
- disable context menu items - download CCleaner - tools - startup - context menu - disable extensions

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/375407-error-windows-explorer-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Please tell me how to fix this annoying error. Every time I boot up, I get the Host Services Has Stopped Working and Will Be Closed.

Product
DNS Client

Problem
Stopped working

Date
4/1/2010 11:02 PM

Status
Solution Available

Problem signature
Application Name: svchost.exe_Dnscache
Application Timestamp: 47918b89
Fault Module Name: termsrv.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bde8
Exception Offset: 00006555
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Additional Information 1: 915c
Additional Information 2: 49c925a687c95842c2d0b192b98ee874
Additional Information 3: 9779
Additional Information 4: 0b076f50d83dfd265ac071b20206ff41

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 645935903

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/host-services-has-stopped-working-error.914179/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi so the problem I'm having with ATI Tray Tools is it installs fine but will not start it will throw a quot ATI Tray Tools Has Stopped Working quot error I have tried all of the unsigned drivers tricks press f then select the unsigned driver option every boot I used DSEO Drive Signature Enforcement Overrider ATI Tray working stopped error has Tools to start in TESTMODE and signed the appropriate drivers I tried ReadyDriverPlus and none work In fact ATI Tray Tools has stopped working error the srvinst exe works and reports that the low level drivers are operational So I've narrowed it down to the atitools executable itself which I've tried running in admin mode in compatibility mode for Vista SP and SP Windows XP SP and SP Windows Defender is disabled and so is UAC It's really frustrating because there are so many nice tweaks in tray tools and everyone else seemed to get it to work using the unsigned driver method I don't have any form of anti virus or ant-spyware installed so I can't see what the problem is just another thing to mention compatibility troubleshooting never works on my rig odd because some of the programs I use should start fine in XP mode no that I want them too but its odd that they don't but they dont It's almost like Compatibility wizard does nothing Whenever I try to use it it doesn't even through an error it just does nothing the program won't show any sign of starting or an error

A:ATI Tray Tools has stopped working error

By the way, I am running the latest beta of tray tools, which supports windows vistax86/x64 and most people seemed to get it working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/28475-ati-tray-tools-has-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Everytime I click on the tray icons in the taskbar I get this error,
I have windows 7 64 bit.

Problem signature:
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7600.16450
Application Timestamp: 4aebab8d
Fault Module Name: explorer.exe
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16450
Fault Module Timestamp: 4aebab8d
Exception Code: c000041d
Exception Offset: 000000000002cc2b
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Additional Information 1: 9d35
Additional Information 2: 9d352eeb48f756eef3e09921a012e0a8
Additional Information 3: ca2c
Additional Information 4: ca2c069770e7f64d60f91ac290056ba5

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/error-windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-506376.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I am running Vista home basic Stopped Exploring Has Working Internet error My wife sent me an e-mail Internet Exploring Has Stopped Working error to install a coupon printer she had installed on her laptop no problem Once it finishes installing I get an error Internet Explorer has stopped working Windows can checck online for a solution and I select Check Online for a solution and close the program then I get an error that says Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to Internet Exploring Has Stopped Working error close this webpage What can you do Go to your homepage or try to return to coupons com if I try to return to coupons com I get the same errors again if I return to homepage I have no problems No matter how many times I restart I will get error if I go to coupons com until I uninstall the Coupon printer which is no big deal I can uninstall the printer but I believe there is something else going on because my wife has installed the coupon printer on all our computers and none of the others have had this problem

A:Internet Exploring Has Stopped Working error

How to install Coupon Printer FAQ - http://www.coupons.com/couponweb/help/print/faqs.html Check the running w/out add-ons in internet explorer and using Firefox as alternative.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480066/internet-exploring-has-stopped-working-error/
Relevancy 71.38%

I use coreldraw x5 and it just started crashing. It gives me the error message: CorelDRAW has stopped working. a program caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. As a result of this, I cannot open the original file i was working on, i have to work on the back up file, but it still crashes.

A:Error message: Coreldraw has stopped working.

Hello OG1.

Do you have Service Pack 3 installed?

If it is, and still the problem exists, do a repair install. Go to Control Panel > Program and Features. Select "CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5" and click the button "Uninstall/Change". It will result in this setup window:
Select the "Repair" option and next ... and continue in the process.

Let us know how it works after that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/274036-error-message-coreldraw-has-stopped-working.html