Windows Support Forum

unable to give user admin rights in windows 8.1

Q: unable to give user admin rights in windows 8.1

After upgrading Windows 8 to 8.1 - my standard user does no longer have administration rights.

in computer administration ->local user and Groups - the properties for the user shows that the user belongs the Group administrators.

However when I access the user account in the control panel the user shows up as "standard" and I cannot change that while logged in as standard user.

I have tried logging in as Administrator (using the built in administrator) - but here I am also unable to change the setting of the standard user from "standard" to "Administrator" - the "change account type" button
is greyed out and cannot be clicked.

I have tried everything I can think of, read all I could find on the net - but to no avail.

Can u assist

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: unable to give user admin rights in windows 8.1

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: unable to give user admin rights in windows 8.1

Hello Ivanhoe, and welcome to Eight Forums.

What other groups does Local Users and Groups show that the standard user belongs to?

While signed out of the standard account and signed in to the built-in Administrator, see if you may be able to use one of the other options in the tutorial below to change the account type of the standard user to be administrator.

User Account Type - Change in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38069-unable-give-user-admin-rights-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I am trying to download Adobe Digital Editions and I keep receiving the error message

Unable to elevate to administrative rights, error 786

I am the admin! I have turned off the password, I have right clicked on the program and chosen 'run as admin'-then nothing happens.
Any help would be appreciated

A:"Unable to elevate to admin rights" error, when admin user

Try this:

Quote:
SOLUTION: download the setup.exe for ADE, not using the flash install version.

Before you run it, right click on it and check "run as administrator" under the compatability tab. Also under the general tab I clicked on "unblock," which might have made a difference.

From a similar issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/953278?tstart=0

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/359020-unable-elevate-admin-rights-error-when-admin-user.html
Relevancy 90.73%

im trying to run Winphlash and i had to give it admin rights (im the only user on the computer). however, when i try to flash my bios it says i dont have sufficient rights; the phlashnt.sys has been blocked.

anyone know how to fix this?

A:how to give SYS file admin rights????

right click on it and run as administrator

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-give-sys-file-admin-rights-135019.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Need to give admin rights to session exe so that this exe can create new files and registry i have used the below code to launch an application in session ex abc exe from session give exe 1 Need to to admin rights session ex Myapp exe I wish to give admin priveleges to abc exe as this exe in-turn creates a file in C But its failing to create a new file in C as it is returning an ACCESS DENIED Error as it doesnt have the admin rights Code void ExecuteProc DWORD sessionId HANDLE hToken hProcess hPToken hUserTokenDup HDESK hdesk NULL HWINSTA hwinsta NULL hwinstaSave NULL PROCESS INFORMATION pi PSID pSid NULL STARTUPINFO si BOOL bResult FALSE sessionId WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId BOOL bQuery false bQuery WTSQueryUserToken sessionId amp hToken DWORD dwErr Initialize the STARTUPINFO structure Specify that the process runs in the interactive desktop ZeroMemory amp si sizeof STARTUPINFO si cb sizeof STARTUPINFO si lpDesktop TEXT quot winsta default quot TOKEN PRIVILEGES tp LUID luid if LookupPrivilegeValue NULL SE DEBUG NAME amp luid printf quot Lookup Privilege value Error u n quot GetLastError tp PrivilegeCount tp Privileges Luid luid tp Privileges Attributes SE PRIVILEGE ENABLED DuplicateTokenEx hToken MAXIMUM ALLOWED NULL SecurityIdentification TokenPrimary amp hUserTokenDup int dup GetLastError Adjust Token privilege SetTokenInformation hUserTokenDup TokenSessionId void sessionId sizeof DWORD if AdjustTokenPrivileges hUserTokenDup FALSE amp tp sizeof TOKEN PRIVILEGES PTOKEN PRIVILEGES NULL NULL int abc GetLastError printf quot Adjust Privilege value Error u n quot GetLastError if GetLastError ERROR NOT ALL ASSIGNED printf quot Token does not have the provilege n quot Launch the process in the client's logon session wchar t lpCommandLine L quot C abc exe quot bResult CreateProcessAsUser hUserTokenDup client's access token NULL file to execute lpCommandLine command line NULL pointer to process SECURITY ATTRIBUTES NULL pointer to thread SECURITY ATTRIBUTES FALSE handles are not inheritable NORMAL PRIORITY CLASS CREATE NEW CONSOLE creation flags NULL pointer to new environment block NULL name of current directory Need to give admin rights to session 1 exe amp si pointer to STARTUPINFO structure amp pi receives information about new process CloseHandle hProcess CloseHandle hUserTokenDup CloseHandle hPToken int tmain int Need to give admin rights to session 1 exe argc TCHAR argv DWORD sessionId ExecuteProc sessionId return NOTE abc exe tries to create a new file in C but it failed to do so as it require admin rights please give your valuabe inputs thanks Praveen

A:Need to give admin rights to session 1 exe

I think this will help:

Run as AdministratorRight-click on the exe in Windows Explorer, go to Properties.
On the Compatibility tab, tick the checkbox at the bottom that says "Run this program as an administrator".
Click OK, then try running it. It should bring up the UAC prompt.
Hope that helps a bit, at least...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/166110-need-give-admin-rights-session-1-exe.html
Relevancy 90.73%

im trying to run Winphlash and i had to give it admin rights (im the only user on the computer). however, when i try to flash my bios it says i dont have sufficient rights; the "phlashnt.sys has been blocked."

anyone know how to fix this? im the only account on the computer. thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-give-sys-file-admin-rights.534855/
Relevancy 89.87%

On Windows XP, installing iTunes requires admin rights. However, it is not good to use an admin account for regular work. For the Palm Desktop, the workaround was to grant admin rights to the user account, install the application using the user-turn-admin account, then ungrant admin rights. Will this last step cause problems for iTunes, or does iTunes require admin rights for its regular operation (outside of being installed)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/grant-user-admin-rights-install-itune-ungrant-rights-401232.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi everyone I have a small problem I'm running windows pro and it appears windows is protecting it's program folders or system folders anyways from unauthorised modification So for example I have Trion's Defiance which I play from time to time and it starts through a patcher that can't patch unless I chose to run as administrator certain admin How to stick that rights programs give Yet if I How to give certain programs admin rights that stick look at properties and tick quot run as administrator quot it doesn't stick my account has admin rights I also changing the patcher exe's rights i e All application packages and giving it all rights modifying sub folders etc But that doesn't seem to work either The only thing that makes it work properly is quot run as administrator quot And I want to be able to execute this certain exe with administraror rights every time without the need to click on it every single time I guess I could just reinstall the game in a non-program folder but I'd like to have it there Plus that might help with other programs too

A:How to give certain programs admin rights that stick

Did you right-click a shortcut or the actual executable when you checked "run as admin" and it didn't stick?
Did you go one step further and click the "change settings for all users" at the bottom of the view and click "run as admin" there?

(Option Five)
Run as Administrator - in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/29033-how-give-certain-programs-admin-rights-stick.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Good afternoon,

I would like to know if it's possible to give admin rights to a specific software for a user.
I have a user who uses HTC sync to sync with outlook.
Problem : it won't work unless he has admin rights
So I created a shortcut on his desktop with this :

C:\WINDOWS\system32\runas.exe /savecred /user:Administrator"C:\Program Files\htc\uhtcloader.exe"

This does open HTC sync as admin without prompting for the admin password.
That would do the trick for some other apps...

However, doing that opens HTC "as admin" which means it cannot find the user's Outlook profile.

That's why I wonder if it's possible to give admin rights to a software a different way that would use the user's credentials ?

thanks for your ideas...

A:[SOLVED] How to give admin rights to a specific Software

Hi sobersong,

Interesting environment, actually giving users the possibility to run administration applications without any special permission, but anyways :)

You have 2 options to solving this issue:

1. Set to run as AN administrator (Right click > Properties > Compability tab > Mark "Run this program as an administrator). It will then not be ran as the specific user "Administrator", but with admin Privilegies.

2. Set the security settings to Full Control on the application. (Right click > Properties > Security tab)

Should solve your issues.

EDIT:

While this is the Windows XP forum you state Windows 7 as your operating system. Solution 1 only works in Windows 7. Solution 2 works with XP though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-how-to-give-admin-rights-to-a-specific-software-589107.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi All,

For some reason i need to give adminstrative rights to Standard User in Windows 7.How can i do that ?

As of now standard user can access all the programs but when he runs IIS it asks for admin password.

Any help will be appreciated .

Thank You

Manjunath

A:How to give Adminstrative Rights to standard user ?

YOu go to the USer Accounts... in control panal

click on his name

change account type to admin

then reboot

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/83048-how-give-adminstrative-rights-standard-user.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello I'm looking for a way to give a user admin permissions for his regular AD account on his computer Example he is logged on as a regular user but needs to install software I want to give him admin permissions until reboot or some other point in time after which he loses his permissions again and of to dynamically user user logonid give permissions admin group administrators to Adding has to ask again Adding logonid of user to administrators group to dynamically give user admin permissions I know giving admin access to users is a bad Adding logonid of user to administrators group to dynamically give user admin permissions idea and all but that's how it goes with quot whoami logonid quot I get an ID that I can add to the administrators group by code like this objUser ADSI quot WinNT id quot objGroup ADSI quot WinNT computer Administrators quot To my amazement this works now the user can enter his own credentials in a UAC box and get admin access After a reboot logon this ID changes so he would need to ask admin permissions again It's possible to ask the user for a motivation and log this and to also clean up the administrators group at a given interval or at boot as well as check if a user is allowed to elevate his rights on this computer Of course once a user has admin rights he can circumvent all this but that's something we have to live with What's most important is dat not just anyone can elevate his rights I'm looking for opinions on this way of working Anyone have experience with this mechanism Is it reliable and secure as far as giving admin rights to a user can be secure I may be missing something

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35ba1083-1de8-4ced-9567-20d19ce23fa6/adding-logonid-of-user-to-administrators-group-to-dynamically-give-user-admin-permissions?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 83.85%

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

A:admin user lost some admin rights

Quote: Originally Posted by Witch

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

Whats the name of the file?
Have you tried deleting it in safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194988-admin-user-lost-some-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I tried to google this and it seems neither is possible but I wanted to hear the truths from the horses mouth I have a Win Pro x computer with users who boths needs to be able this really is a must install software on the computer but they can't have access to each other's private folders user folder Basically I see theoretical options a make standard user accounts and give these accounts the right to install software Is this possible and if yes how b make admin user accounts and prevent them from accessing to each other's user folder I can user user or something prevent Installing standard an admin to rights do this but not in a way that doesn't mess with windows basically I would encrypt the Installing rights to standard user or prevent an admin user something file but then windows wouldn't be able to use the folder like it is built to use it and I'm pretty sure this would cause problems Is there another way to do this which doesn't cause problems with windows Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help

A:Installing rights to standard user or prevent an admin user something

a) This may be possible in theory but it would not be easy. Don't go there.
b) All administrators are equal. Any restrictions you impose can be undone by another.
The only practical way to do what you want is to encrypt the users folders. Windows doesn't care about user folders so that is not an issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302090-installing-rights-standard-user-prevent-admin-user-something.html
Relevancy 80.84%

hi I am helping friends mom and dad who's son ended up in jail Got caught and done for DD DUI and got months not the first time His mom and dad want to recover admin no only user but rights the pictures and some other financial files but all were kept under admin account Here is the catch There is only user account which is guest and this machine is network machine there are computers all up From user account I cannot access his files have tried deleting the password through command prompt but access denied Funny thing is Admin account no admin rights but user only does not show up at the start up or at log in Speaking to him I need network admin password no admin rights but user only to be able to extract the files but with all things going on he has forgotten it all I have tried taking hard drive out and connecting it to my machine but I am still asked for admin password UAC Is there anything I can do from guest account to elevate guest to admin to take ownership of given files Registry change command prompt does not work I have not tried safe mode but i guess it will be same story

A:no admin rights but user only

Hi,

Its pretty difficult for us to suggest something since we can't verify the authenticity of the request. The best bet here is for him to remember the password and pass it on to you - hopefully he can do that soon.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/152134-no-admin-rights-but-user-only.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My problem is that even though I have only one user account defined on my machine and it is set to "Administrator" it is not being allowed to do admin types of things like deleting folders. I tried to create a user group but that's not an option on the Win7 Home Premium version that I use. How can it be that the sole account is not the admin even though it shows that it is in the account user setup?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3890 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1721 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 424790 MB; E: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 381321 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NALAA
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Disabled Microsoft Security Essentials in use

A:Admin user has no admin rights?

the actual admin account is hidden and disabled for security reasons,your referring to a account with admin privileges

go into properties for the drive and click on the security tab and check the permissions are enabled for your account

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-user-has-no-admin-rights.1078283/
Relevancy 79.98%

I don't know how it happened.

In Control Panel, I am the admin.
In netplwiz, I am in Administrators.
(I remember it as being HomeUsers, Administrators).

Can I solve this?

A:Only User, Administrator, but have no admin rights!

Quote: Originally Posted by IMAyNeed

I don't know how it happened.

In Control Panel, I am the admin.
In netplwiz, I am in Administrators.
(I remember it as being HomeUsers, Administrators).

Can I solve this?

What do you want to solve? What problems are you having?

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/154380-only-user-administrator-but-have-no-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I have discovered that there is a difference between the original local "Administrator" account and my (local) admin account. For instance my admin account cannot add a new user, whereas "Administrator" can.

I absolutely do not want an MS online account - I want to have a local Admin account (not "Administrator" itself) but with the same rights as Administrator, for example being able to add a new user.

This was possible in previous versions of Windows - can it still be achieved and if so, how?

A:Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

You need to add your new local account to the administrators group. To do this log in with your original Administrator account. Then open an elevated command prompt (right click on start and select Command Prompt (admin).

Then type: net localgroup administrators "UserName" /add

where UserName is the name of your new local account.

You can check which users belong to the various groups with these commands:
net localgroup guests
net localgroup users
net localgroup administrators

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56221-give-local-account-admin-rights-same-access-administrator.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi it looks lilke my modem LAN and Wi-Fi has died of old age with over-heating complications So I got a USB dongle with works on the admin account but not the Guest account When I try to change its settings this is what I get No options whatsoever This is really frustrating because the admin account was supposed to be my quot play quot account while the Guest account was supposed to be my quot work quot account So I have Google Gears and an entire database of work connected to the browsers on the Guest account I tried moving my Google Gears files using a flashdisk by copying and pasting from the Guest account to the admin account but it didn t work Now I m on an approaching deadline and I can t access Google Gears from browsers on my Guest account because my USB dongle won t work accommodate "Guest" dongle) account rights on Can't Vista admin (to USB give on it What can I do to make the dongle work on the Guest account Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Can't give "Guest" account admin rights on Vista (to accommodate USB dongle)

No you need to create another profile and (not) guest here's how : http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...idden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-give-guest-account-admin-rights-on-vista-to-accommodate-usb-dongle.1025365/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello forum. I am an administrator with 3 limited users on a windows 8 machine. I have installed a game on my account that I want to let one of my users play. I have tried everything I have read about giving permissions, admin right etc, but it still asks for my password everytime he opens the game? I'm at a loss...thank you for your time

A:How to give admin permission to limited user

Hello Scott,

You might see if creating an elevated shortcut of the game that standard users can use to run the game elevated without getting an UAC prompt for your password may help.

Since this is for a game and not a normal program, there's no guarantee that this will work though.
Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User - Windows 7 Help Forums
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/28695-how-give-admin-permission-limited-user.html
Relevancy 79.12%

hi many thanks in advance for any unable in rights use xp..... to admin assistance i am logged in as admin in xp but have lost rights and am unable to change add any accounts hoping to avoid a complete reinstall - thanks again hjt log as follows - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ unable to use admin rights in xp..... exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program unable to use admin rights in xp..... Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C WINDOWS system defensewall serv exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files OO Software CleverCache ooccag exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Fomatik TrueImageTryStartService exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files OO Software CleverCache ooccctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock TrayServer exe C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files EverNote EverNote UniClipper exe C Documents and Settings Default User Local Settings Temp bh ySa d IDMan exe C WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files Shock Utility ShockDesktop ShockDesktop exe C Documents and Settings Default User Local Settings Temp bh ySa d IEMonitor exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Down Home Down Home exe C WINDOWS BricoPacks Vista Inspirat UberIcon UberIcon Manager exe C WINDOWS system SNDVOL EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Watch exe C Documents and Settings Nick Desktop Toolbox FF ULT OPTIMISER Firefox Ultimate Optimizer exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk rd yahoo com customize yco search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk rd yahoo com customize yco uk yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk rd yahoo com customize yco uk yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Mai... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unable-to-use-admin-rights-in-xp-241981.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

Anyone know how to allow a user with 'Power User' rights to initialize an external hard drive.

Run-as local admin doesn't quite work. I also started the initialization process then gave the drive back to the user to finish formatting in NTFS. However, the HD is 2 tb and he only got to 10 mb before Win7 quits and shoots failed error.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

A:user with non-admin rights can't initialize drive

If you have the drive hooked up and you initialize it, what is stopping you from formatting it for them to begin with? It's of little use till it is formatted, a quick format takes less time than informing a user they need to format there newly initialized drive. Or am I missing something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/94981-user-non-admin-rights-cant-initialize-drive.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I am the sole user of this computer.

The control panel tells me I am an administrator but when I go into my account it says I am a standard user and won't let me change it to Administrator.

I just want to manage my own computer and - for instance - delete files on a CD which has somehow become write protected.

I googled lusrmgr.msc but when I put it in run was told this version of Windows 10 didn't have those rights

thanks in advance

A:Change User Account Admin rights

Originally Posted by phynbarr

I am the sole user of this computer.
The control panel tells me I am an administrator but when I go into my account it says I am a standard user and won't let me change it to Administrator.
I just want to manage my own computer and - for instance - delete files on a CD which has somehow become write protected.
I googled lusrmgr.msc but when I put it in run was told this version of Windows 10 didn't have those rights
thanks in advance

Trying to delete files on a CD? Surely you jest!!! A CD is a read only device, you can NOT delete anything off of a CD.
How did you install Windows 10 without making yourself the Administrator. I've installed W-10 at least a dozen times so far and I've always come up as the ONE and ONLY Administrator.
But still, I have to install and use "Grant Admin Full Control" to be able to 'Take Ownership' of certain files and folders.
Start here:

Grant Admin Full Control - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

And, Good Luck!

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/20183-change-user-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have been working on setting up an old PC basically just to play & organize music for me. I put Windows 2000 Pro on it, and was playing around with the group policy editor.

I made a 2nd user for the system, and planned on lowering the rights of that user so that other people could use it and I wouldn't have to worry about anything happening to the computer.

My problem is that when I am logged on as the admin and I change the policy, it affect not only the other users set up on the computer, but the admin also! This isn't what I want at all!! I want to know how to deny normal users (users, power users, etc...) the right to do many things without affecting the admin account.

Thanks
-WesLee

A:Setting user rights without affecting admin

Local policies affecet everyone that uses the computer. There is nothing within windows that can change that unless you are running a Domain environment.

There are a few pieces of software that can help you with this though.
If you were running Windows XP you could use Doug Knox's XP security console.
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm

There is also the PAC security Tool.
http://pacomputing.webjunction.org/do/DisplayContent?id=7593

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-user-rights-without-affecting-admin.399401/
Relevancy 79.12%

OK So here s my situation My step son downloaded a bunch of virus which hosed my computer I just finished realoading windows and all my software and now I Admin from rights a Removing account user m going through and removing things from his start menu so he only has access to limited programs he s and he doesn t know to go into the c program files to get anything I was in his standard user account moving stuff so it would only show up on my login So when it came up and asked for an administrator password I typed in my password and did what I had to do The only problem is now he still has access to those things that I authorized I can now go into his account and access my documents I would think you would have to put in the administrator password every time but obviously that s not the case How do I reset that Removing Admin rights from a user account so he no longer has access to that stuff nbsp Removing Admin rights from a user account

A:Removing Admin rights from a user account

I assume that you were working from within his account in moving the shortcuts, and gave the password to let you access folders in your account. The result is that the file permissions on those folders have changed to let him in whenever he wants. If this is correct, you should be able to reset the permissions on each of those folders using this article in the Techguy Library of Knowledge:
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/File_Permissions

By the way if you have Windows 7, you may be able to use the Windows Parental Controls to help keep him out of mischief.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/parental-controls

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/removing-admin-rights-from-a-user-account.1048385/
Relevancy 79.12%

Is it possible to create user account with limited administration permissions?
I would like to create user with permissions for installing and removing programs and access to "basic" setting.
It must not have access to Local GPO, Registry... - "advanced" settings.

Please advise.

A:Create user with limited admin rights

The only way to do this would be to control the PC via Group Policy. There is no other way of limiting someone's administrative power.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/create-user-with-limited-admin-rights-1065250.html
Relevancy 78.26%

In XP I used to be able to right click the Start button as a way to check if the logged on user had admin rights. If I saw "Explore All Users" I knew the user had admin rights.

i'm using the Domain Admin account on a new machine and i'm trying to run my WSUS client fix batch file and its erroring out as if i didn't have admin rights

mind you, this is the first time i'm using W7 in a domain environment (finally was able to upgrade some boxes) so i feel back in n00b status as i never really had to worry about it at home (not knowing admin rights that is).

sorry if this has been explained elsewhere, but i suck at searching and didn't find anything.

i just want the cheap and cheesy way of checking for admin rights ala XP please!

thx
lv

A:Lame QotM: Easy way to see if user has admin rights?

with the new windows 7 machines come new group policy settings to manage "domain admin" rights on local machines... You'll need to either install server 2008 and DCpromo it OR... You can add the patch to a 2003 DC in order to complete the NEW GPO for the windows 7 machines.

or just manaully add "Domain Admins" through: (control userpasswords2)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/128466-lame-qotm-easy-way-see-if-user-has-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,
We have installed a SmartMusic program for my son's Trumpet practice.

However, it runs on his user login, only if I grant him admin rights.

I do not want to grant him admin rights to the laptop, but cannot find any way to grant just that particular program to run as admin on his login...

Can someone help? Its a Vista Home version of Windows...

A:Admin rights for a single program to standard user

Welcome
You can give this a try and hope. The run as adminstrtor feature was put there by the software and not Vista.
You can turn off the UAC
User Account Control (UAC)

Then right click on the software, probably properties, then advanced (or compatibility tab). In Compatibility or advanced tab. check run as administrator
Let me know how that works.

When you right click on the software, type in the software name in the search function by stat button, and then right click when it pops up. Do not click on any shortucuts.

For smart music rather than advanced, it might be under compatiblity tab.

If you do disable UAC, all Administrator users must exercise caution. The UAC is a warning that changes will be made to the system and not just to user account

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287111-admin-rights-single-program-standard-user.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi there you all I just installed windows bit and i am having this new enigma with the proper way of installing my apllications I read that there are some applications that should be Admin to User Account rights softwares?? or install installed using the quot run as administrator quot option and some of them not My question is how do i know a program should be installled using this option Is it possible that a program doesn 't run correctly or without optimun capacity because of using the wrong usser account How do i know that i am not running as Admin by default Which account should i use by default in order to be optimally safe Why when I go to my computer manage Local users and group Users double click on Administrator i see the quot Account is disabled quot check box checked Thanks in advance and User Account or Admin rights to install softwares?? sorry for my ignorance i just need a clear and easy explanation for this because i have a User Account or Admin rights to install softwares?? lot installing to do Audio plugins and softwares and i think i need to be clear about this Thanks in advance Cheers Alberto

A:User Account or Admin rights to install softwares??

Quote: Originally Posted by amoretam

Hi there you all!
I just installed windows 7 64bit and i am having this new enigma with the proper way of installing my apllications:
I read that there are some applications that should be installed using the "run as administrator" option, and some of them not.
My question is how do i know a program should be installled using this option??

Is it possible that a program doesn 't run correctly or without optimun capacity because of using the wrong usser account??

How do i know that i am not running as Admin by default?

Which account should i use by default in order to be optimally safe?

Why when I go to my computer/manage/Local users and group/Users/double click on Administrator i see the "Account is disabled" check box checked??

Thanks in advance and sorry for my ignorance, i just need a clear and easy explanation for this because i have a lot installing to do (Audio plugins and softwares) and i think i need to be clear about this...

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Alberto

1-for safety use a standard account.
2-run app normally unless they wont run. If run as admin is needed do so.
3-Which admin account is disabled?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/83407-user-account-admin-rights-install-softwares.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Well I has playing around with netplwiz in order to at least try remove the password need when I log into the computer I've managed to take out the password in the login but now the rights only in computer admin in the Lost account user the only account existent in the computer no longer has the admin rights and it's listed as guest account It wouldn't be that much of a problem if the UAC didn't prompted me every now and then like when I try to run exe files or do things that require Lost admin rights in the only user account in the computer admin rights and asked for the admin password which is quot blank quot as Lost admin rights in the only user account in the computer there is no digit in it Not only that but also there's nowhere to quot type quot the password in the UAC prompt Is there anyway to solve this I'm willing to do things as re-install windows but no format because I don't want to lose my file If you guys could show me a way to solve this without re-installing windows it would be much appreciated Thanks in advance Henrique

A:Lost admin rights in the only user account in the computer

Originally Posted by henriquelicori

Well, I has playing around with netplwiz in order to (at least try) remove the password need when I log into the computer. I've managed to take out the password in the login, but now the only account existent in the computer no longer has the admin rights and it's listed as guest account. It wouldn't be that much of a problem if the UAC didn't prompted me every now and then (like when I try to run .exe files or do things that require admin rights) and asked for the admin password (which is "blank", as there is no digit in it). Not only that but also there's nowhere to "type" the password in the UAC prompt.
Is there anyway to solve this? I'm willing to do things as re-install windows, but no format because I don't want to lose my file. If you guys could show me a way to solve this without re-installing windows it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Henrique.

I think I would move that file you don't want to lose to an external drive or to the cloud before you loose it.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/35729-lost-admin-rights-only-user-account-computer.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a lab of computers on a domain that students use. They need to run an accounting program that is already installed on the machines. When a student tries to run the program they instantly get blocked with an error message saying they need Power User rights or administrative rights. There would be an issue giving the students those rights for the whole machine, but how would I allow those rights just for the program?

Ive tried running the program as administrator and even having it automatically run as an administrator for all users and still got the same error.

A:Power User or Admin rights needed to run program

Hello KH, and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm not sure how this may work on a domain, but you might see if you may be able to use either tutorial to create a elevated shortcut that standard users could run elevated without getting an error or UAC prompt.

Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User

OR

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/249937-power-user-admin-rights-needed-run-program.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently migrated a bunch of files and folders from my NAS to an internal (2nd) hard drive on my laptop. At first, all those folders had a gold padlock overlay. I removed those locks by following the instructions at:

Lock Icon on Files and Folders - Remove in Windows 7

However, I'm still encountering access issues when I try to save files into those migrated folders or move any of those folders (see the attached screenshots), even though I'm logged in as a user with admin rights.

I guess I haven't completely taken ownership of these files/folders? I believe I know how to do that on an individual basis, but there are hundreds of folders involved and I'd like to do a bulk edit that removes these security restrictions in one action.

Is that possible?

Thanks in anticipation.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/392912-user-admin-rights-issues-after-data-migration.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I think windows locked the temp folder from being accessed by any program without admin rights When opening a file from an archive with Winrar it just get extracted in the same folder before it is opened Is temp folder locked down for non UAC applications But goto WinRAR and File properties and then enable Run as Administrator in rights Acces Temp to folder Unable without admin Compatibility settings Everything works normal The file is extracted in Temp folder before getting opened Is temp folder locked down for non UAC applications And also MSI installers are shows up error until they are run as administrators through CMD We know msi installers gets extracted in temp folder and then installs Is temp folder locked down for non UAC applications Unable to Acces Temp folder without admin rights Is temp folder locked down for non UAC applications This has been happening since last one week So My question is this Did Windows stopped programs from accessing temp folder without admin rights Is it time to disable UAC Will Diasbling UAC affect system security

A:Unable to Acces Temp folder without admin rights

As for disabling the UAC if only you are using it while you fish around then no it will not affect security per se'.
As for the other stuff mate lest see what disabling does first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/327848-unable-acces-temp-folder-without-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I am the only user on my laptop, which means I am the administrator on the computer. I am trying to install a script in indesign. I keep getting a message saying that I am not the administrator, and do not have rights to do so.l I've checked the User account settings, which all seem normal.

Help, please.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/65991-unable-make-change-required-admin-rights-i-have.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all I searched the net on how to overwrite or save over the host file in the C Windows System drivers etc folder but I cannot seem to make it work here I tried opening Notepad and run as administrator then file save rights/UAC file with off admin Unable to even host gt open the hosts file and then save but I keep getting access denied When I try overwriting the host file I keep getting this error You Unable to save host file even with admin rights/UAC off need permission from S- - - - - - - to make changes to this folder or if I try to delete the host file I get You need permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this file I tried editing permissions in the etc folder but its disabled even though I am using administrator account I tried this with UAC off as well I also tried logging in using Administrator account but same thing Who is this user I tried disabling Norton antivirus as well Can anyone please shed a light on how to solve this in windows

A:Unable to save host file even with admin rights/UAC off

Have tried to take ownership of the Host file?

Take Ownership Shortcut

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/79343-unable-save-host-file-even-admin-rights-uac-off.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Just wondering is it is possible to leave admin status on a user account while removing the ability to make new accounts. Alternatively could one make a standard account have admin style(ie. altering files, running files as an admin/in admin mode, etc.) rights except the creation of new accounts? Just wondering if that is possible in Windows vanilla or with other software.

If this is answered elsewhere please just post link.

Thank you very much for your time.

A:Custom User Restrictions(ideally Admin rights -new account creation)

It's not possible.

Administrator account are, by design, capable of doing anything, that's the idea of having them in the first place. There are a few ways of imposing restrictions on admin accounts, but being an admin means that the user can simply lift them himself.

The alternative you propose is quite possible, within the limits of normal user accounts. Any account can manage the files within his own profile at will, and change all his personal settings, but nothing else. To perform admin-only tasks, he can use UAC to elevate, where he must provide an admin user/password to gain his privileges temporarily (to be true, it's the admin who actually do that, but within a standard user session, this being the scenario where UAC shines).

What's your idea about this? What do you want to achieve?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397786-custom-user-restrictions-ideally-admin-rights-new-account-creation.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi This will be my second time using this site and I found the last time to be very helpful but forgive me if I have forgotten a few things and let me know what I can do to make it easier for you to help I have read up on others discussing similiar issues as mine but the details on these posts required hijack this logs and I am concerned to follow those instructions to the T because I know this can be different for each pc I recently had a slew of viruses infecting my computer O S Windows after my daughter years started And Administrator Panel As Unable The To Other Rights Access Admin Control going to her tweeny bopper sites and playing games Unable To Access Control Panel And Other Admin Rights As The Administrator My computer became almost nonfunctional but I worked and clean and worked and ran numerous scans and finally got it clean to a point I can browse again comfortably and do my normal business online Well I decided that I wanted to take advantage and use theanitvurus suite and firewall my HSI service provides me but found I am unable to access anything needing administrative priviledges error quot This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot Well I am the system administrator and I only have one other profile and I give it administrator rights I imagine since this only began after my numerous attempts to correct the problem myself using my allready installed antivirus AVG spybot search and destroy and adaware but I have a feeling something is still really wrong I am listing my hijack this log to see if it helps and forgive me again if I do this wrong Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system LEXBCES EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system LEXPPS EXEC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin ptssvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT wanmpsvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT Explorer exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXEC Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmgr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmon exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AOL UserProfiles All Users antiSpyware dat updates aspapp sunsetAsp exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exec program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exeC PROGRA WINZIP winzip exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net a cookieattempt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet... Read more

A:Unable To Access Control Panel And Other Admin Rights As The Administrator

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum curlysinagainMy name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Download SDFix.exe and save it to your desktop:http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.exe* Double click on SDFix on your desktop,and install the fix to C:\ Please then reboot your computer into Safe Mode by doing the following:* Restart your computer* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".* Choose your usual account.* In Safe Mode,go to and open the C:\SDFix folder,then double click on RunThis.bat to start the script.* Type Y to begin the script.* It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot.* Press any Key and it will restart the PC.* Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files.* When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.* Finally open the SDFix folder on your desktop and copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt into your next reply.If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.WarningYou should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert,not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could render your system/pc inoperable.Now download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers.Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.NoteIn case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Also post a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124084/unable-to-access-control-panel-and-other-admin-rights-as-the-administrator/
Relevancy 75.68%

So we have a fixed drive as its a dual drives in a HP when encrypting the second drive and testing unlocking with a standard user name it prompts for admin rights after entering the bitlocker password What can be done on group policy end to stop that from happening I don't want to have it auto lock beats the purpose of encryption security Best regards lt br gt lt br gt lt strong gt Joe C lt br gt lt strong gt Partner Online Technical Community lt br gt ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- lt br second on Unlocking account prompts user bitlocked rights standard a drive for Admin gt We hope you get value from our new forums platform Tell us what you think lt br gt lt a href quot http social microsoft com Forums en-US partnerfdbk threads quot gt lt span style quot color cc quot gt http social microsoft com Forums en-US partnerfdbk threads lt br gt lt span gt lt a gt ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ lt br gt This posting is provided amp Unlocking a second bitlocked drive prompts for Admin rights on standard user account quot AS IS amp quot with no warranties and confers no rights lt hr gt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e15fcd6c-f5d6-4a01-9c05-0a7319948e08/unlocking-a-second-bitlocked-drive-prompts-for-admin-rights-on-standard-user-account?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 75.68%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey all first post here I noticed some very bizarre behavior with the most recent slew of MS patches from August th Prior to the August th updates Guest users of our lab computers could plug in after Admin 14th a patches. user mount Requires Guest August rights. USB can'n drive a USB drive have XP SP fully patched to July recognize it and it be accessible from Explorer or My Computer After the August updates were applied it now asks from a username and password of an account that has Admin rights This never did this before so I am wondering what the heck is going on Event Viewer shows nothing it s not a Group Policy setting as nothing has changed on the Local Policy I Guest user can'n mount a USB drive after August 14th patches. Requires Admin rights. even disabled it and rebooted plus gpudate force If I give Admin rights to the Guest account it does work but Guest user can'n mount a USB drive after August 14th patches. Requires Admin rights. that is obviously not an option as the machines I m dealing with run with guest rights Anyone got Guest user can'n mount a USB drive after August 14th patches. Requires Admin rights. any insight or clue as to what s going on or how to remedy this other than uninstalling the patches Thanks for any tips and help nbsp

A:Guest user can'n mount a USB drive after August 14th patches. Requires Admin rights.

Have you tried setting the Guest up as Power Users? For the USB drive are you talking about thumb drives or flash drives? I ended up changing the drive letter (after plugging the flash into the USB) to X (you could use whichever letter you don't currently use) because students and teachers were having problems accessing their thumb drives. This solved the problem for us.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/guest-user-cann-mount-a-usb-drive-after-august-14th-patches-requires-admin-rights.612804/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,

I have a small business where I have 10 people work.
I'm now making a new Windows 7 image, but now I would like to give user 1, normal access to programms.
And user 2 only access to Chrome, Firefox etc.

Is there a simple tool where I can chose User 1, can get come here and here?
Thanks.

Windows 7 x64.

A:Give Windows 7 (NEW) Users rights to access in program's and not.

Maybe you can make use of Parental Controls?
Parental Controls - Setup and Use

This bit should help you most - Parental Controls - Allow or Block Specific Programs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376018-give-windows-7-new-users-rights-access-programs-not.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,

I've been reading several guides related to this issue but I'm stuck at trying to gain access to Administrator rights. There's a way to enable admin user from command prompt but I can't use backslash because my current language for non-unicode programs is japanese which I can't change since it's blocked by group policy. I can't disable group policy because I'll need admin access.

Bottom line is, I need to delete a folder within C:\ProgramData\ however without admin access I can't do anything about it. I've tried taking the ownership of the folder but again, I'm stuck at the restrictions of standard user. Is there any way of obtaining Admin access or deleting a particular folder?

A:Standard user unable to access Administrator rights

Hello jumbovideo, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Are you able to open an elevated command prompt? You should get a UAC prompt asking for an administrator's password when you try to approve.

If so, then you might see if you could delete the folder in an elevated command prompt.

Folder - Delete from Command Prompt

If not, then you'll need to talk to an administrator on the computer to help you do it with their rights.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357538-standard-user-unable-access-administrator-rights.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Okay, I'm very sure I set my account to be Admin, there's only one account anyway, yet W8 requests admin permission to do everything.

All because of this, I can't change the .ini of a game, I can't update Neverwinter Nights using the updater, I can't save .inis or .txts anywhere except documents...It's annoying.

I used to have W7 before, it never did this to me, but Windows 8 really deeply annoys me.

Now I'll be specific by saying that I only have "Windows 8", no Enterprise or Pro.

How can I make W8 stop nagging me everytime about admin rights? I AM an admin.

A:Windows 8 wants Admin rights, but I AM an admin

I took ownership of everything to get rid of the nag messages.
Someone else may have a better way...

A tutorial---

Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49620-windows-8-wants-admin-rights-but-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am experiencing issues with my small domain setup. Windows Server 2012 R2 and windows 10 PRO domain attached PC's

Any users who are not a member of the Administrators group cannot login with their domain account (A device attached to the system is not functioning.) or access their file shares (invalid folder) even if they have been granted access to the file-shares.
However if I add them to the administrators group everything works fine with no issues.
I have not made any changes to group policy recently and have no idea what has changed to stop regular users from being able to do anything.

It is strange because there is nothing wrong with devices attached to the PC and the folders are definitely valid. It is all dependent on which account is trying to access.
Please let me know if you need further info.

-Lawrence

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d77b4182-ea9c-48cc-ac1d-5d3e46454e10/quota-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioningquot-if-trying-to-login-with-a-domain-user?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 69.66%

Good day all,

I've done a quick search (here and google) but can't find a solution for the following:

Windows 8 pro: I have a user account with admin rights. It used to work fine till one day, after rebooting, I had no tiles in the start view. I ran chkdsk and it seems to have fixed the problem but now when I run any application as "Run as administrator" I get:
Windows cannot find '[The exe]'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again.

If, however, I run the same app as normal and it works - thus the exe exists and there is no problem with the app itself. (Also check in the file system)

If I create a new user with admin rights I get the same issue.

(The other old user with admin rights are working fine.)

Where do I start looking for the problem?

A:User with admin rights can't "Run as administrator" any mo

You could try running:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

&
sfc /scannow

Both need to be run in an administrator command prompt.

Both will take an hour maybe to finish.
Maybe half an hour each.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38684-user-admin-rights-cant-run-administrator-any-mo.html
Relevancy 68.8%

i only have windows build 7600 no activated yet and i need admin rights can i get any help ive tried alot i just want to know if i can get some help

A:i need admin rights on windows 7

no help??????? aggggg!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-need-admin-rights-on-windows-7-a-473822.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hopefully a simple question for some. I have a user who currently does NOT have Admin rights, but I need to find out if they had admin rights in the passed. I.E Someone gave them the rights to do something and then removed them.

Basically we are having difficulty getting some software to work without Admin Rights to do the initial install, but i've been told its possible to install the software without Admin Rights but I can't see it. They tried to prove that they did it on one users machine ( who is working fine) but i'm convinced they must have given them Admin rights to do the install and then possibly removed them after.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:How do you tell if a user "had" Admin rights?

If the program was installed to Program Files folder, then you must have had admin rights to do so. Because that folder is not modifiable without the right.

There should be events logged in Event Viewer when the user was elevated to admin status.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-tell-if-a-user-had-admin-rights.1078462/
Relevancy 68.37%

Any response given will be greatly appreciated even if there's nothing or Admin User log in account Unable to to you can do to help me First I don't know much about computers so I'll explain the problem the best Unable to log in to User or Admin account I can I got a little bubble telling me I had a spyware then an IE window FF is my default browser came up with an ad for some antispyware xp or something I closed it and ran a scan with AVG It found or threats one was Vundo can't remember the others After it finished it said to restart which I did When it resarted it went to the screen where you pick an account to sign in Normally it does not go to this screen I only have one account which does not have a password I clicked on it the screen blinked then it logged out of the account I went into safe mode tried the same for the admin account and the same thing happened I'm typing this on my PS so I'll be quick to respond Again thank you to anyone who responds

A:Unable to log in to User or Admin account

Hi bill1228 and welcome to TSF !

This worked for other users :
Fix Windows XP Log On/Log Off Loop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-log-in-to-user-or-admin-account-379306.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I've been working towards migrating my end-users away from belonging to the local administrators group. I've said to hell with UAC - I only want standard accounts running. This has already protected one system where an individual clicked a malicious email link. I have been finding ways to allow programs to run that would normally require admin level privileges, but I'm still uncertain of just how safe my systems are. 

I believe a piece of malware could still log keystrokes, delete user's data files, and try to compromise\crash other software to elevate privilege. A standard user account could still run a stand-alone executable such as a cryptovirus but would be limited to altering data that their account has write permission on. 

My question then is, just how secure is a fully patched Windows 7 system if end-users do not hold admin rights?

Thank you in advance for any insight. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624625/how-well-non-admin-rights-protects-windows/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have removed Win 7 Antimalware with Malwarebytes Anti-malware, it worked great and has removed the virus.
Unfortunately I still get the error message when I try to system restore "System Restore has been turned off by your system administrator. To turn on system restore, contact your system administrator"

I do have administration rights on my PC but can't resolve. I don't know if any other commands are the same.

Ian

A:Admin rights lost on Windows 7

Welcome to TSF!

Go to Control Panel and search for create a restore point-> Go to the Configure window and make sure system restore is set on for your OS drive.

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-rights-lost-on-windows-7-a-472733.html
Relevancy 67.94%

The company I used to work for gave me a computer when they shut down.  I know have the FBI virus and everything I am reading seems to indicate that to get rid of it I will need to sign in as admin at some point.  Right now the computer will not let me get in whether I am in safe mode or not?

How can I get rid of this virus?

A:FBI virus on Windows XP OS - No admin Rights

Go to anohter computer and download this http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ and burn it to CD then put it in ur infected PC and select mini xp then post back 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490784/fbi-virus-on-windows-xp-os-no-admin-rights/
Relevancy 67.94%

Admin rights lost on Windows -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi I have been reffered to you by Jcgriff hope you can help I have removed Win Antimalware rights Admin 7 lost Windows on with Malwarebytes Anti-malware it worked great and has removed the virus Unfortunately I still get the error message when I try to system restore quot System Restore has been turned off by your system administrator To turn on system restore contact your system administrator quot I do have administration rights on my PC but can't resolve I don't know if any other commands are the same here is the log DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Ian at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost Admin rights lost on Windows 7 exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Memeo AutoBackup MemeoService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Packard Bell SrvCDEject exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system UI Detect exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C Windows System LocationNotifications exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Microsoft Office Live OfficeLiveSignIn exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil e exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Ian Desktop dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ebay co uk SID TB ZoneAlarm Toolbar ee ac e -b b - ec - a -bca a ab - c program files checkpoint zaforcefield trustchecker bin... Read more

A:Admin rights lost on Windows 7

Hello ian666,

Please post the Malwarebyte's log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/admin-rights-lost-on-windows-7-a-474197.html
Relevancy 67.94%

At my job we just went from a windows xp machine to a windows 7 professional. when Some one with out admin rights does anything it asks for someone with admin rights to type in their info (their username and password). For instance, I had one user trying to download an email attachment and it asked for admin permissions. We have other windows 7 pcs in the building and they don't do this. The xp machine before we installed the windows 7 pc didn't do it either. So anyone know how to make it not ask for admin right when doing tasks that shouldn't need admin rights? Yes we are on a network, but their group policy allows them to at least download an attachment or even change their wallpaper. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacob G

A:Windows 7 pro asking for Admin rights for every little thing...

Sounds like user account control has just been cranked up way high.
Just type UAC in the search bar and hit enter, go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203370-windows-7-pro-asking-admin-rights-every-little-thing.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I have Win7 installed and the PC already has 3 accounts (2 of which have Admin rights). I want to install various software in such a manner so that all existing accounts will have access to that software rather than installing the software individually by logging into the existing accounts.

Can someone kindly help.

Thanks.

A:Solved: Admin. rights in Windows 7

Usually,you will be shown an option during software installation
that allows you to install only for the current user or for all users.
Just watch for that part of the setup.
To run setup as admin,right click it and click run as administrator.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-admin-rights-in-windows-7.915281/
Relevancy 67.94%

so, theres this cmd file called applyPatch. when yu run it, it tries to rename like a thousand files (not system files, just the files in the game folder) so that its applicable for the game to run. but it cant rename these game files; goes problem renaming, requires admin rights, re-try by running as administrator. im clearly running the file as administrator. Is there a way to lower this security just for the time being?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75896-need-help-some-admin-rights-thing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am in the proces of doing a lockdown on people and their installing abilities. We have removed them from the admin groups and this is running well with the exception of a few programs that require admin rights (more accurately the applications give off alot of program errors if not run as an administrator). Is there any way to assign a program administrators privildeges so anyone with non administrative rights to it that logs on can use the program as it should? THis is both in a domain and a workgroup settings and some of these locations are 100's of miles away so any answers that would be a global solution would be best.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Yet again Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much reset admin | | can't admin | Lost 5 No password error rights System as I have on whatever forum Let me explain the problem I'm trying to set my account to administrator because I can't install programs change account settings make any changes through CMD without getting the system error access denied message and I can't set the administrator account through CMD either I also don't have the permission to change anything in regedit and I can't even reset my pc because it requires an administrator password System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset which I don't have is not quot nothing quot nor is it administrator or admin or password and I can't change it through cmd either I can't even access the administrator account because it is disabled and even with an elevated System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset cmd I can't activate the quot hidden quot administrator account System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset I've ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and I am now looking for the Gandalf of all Geeks to help me solve this problem I'd immensely appreciate it

A:System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

Hi. When a computer is first setup, the account created is an administrative one. What happened to this account?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37732-system-error-5-no-admin-rights-lost-admin-password-cant-reset.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction?

This my father's PC (my brothers hand me down).

He previously didn't need to login as a user at all, it would go straight to his desktop (wasn't even aware of any username etc).
I set up as an administrator so that I could change a file name, this worked just fine until we wanted to get to his desktop etc. It then asked for a username & password, whatever I try it doesn't want to work.

There is only one other user account listed as well as the administrator, I've tried logging in with this username with and without passwords set up from within administrator account to no avail.
All his files, desktop etc are there when I explore the hard drive as admin.

Any help would be appreciated?

A:unable to login user, I do have admin access

I don't know if this has a bearing? The account doesn't appear in user profiles? Please see attached.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294303-unable-login-user-i-do-have-admin-access.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all I'm not really sure when this problem started but as the admin account to as user admin Unable accounts access and only real user I set up another account to test my problems on my HP Laptop I cannot access the user accounts on my computer I've tried to access them multiple ways including through the control panel and directly through the Unable to access user accounts as admin start menu but when I try to click on anything having to do with the user accounts on my pc nothing happens So I am unable to change my password change Unable to access user accounts as admin my picture or add or remove other accounts It's almost like I'm not an administrator However according to multiple places on my computer my account is still an administrator Also some programs do not launch unless I chose to launch them as an admin by right clicking is that normal So to summarize my situation I don't think my admin account is Unable to access user accounts as admin giving me proper access to my computer limiting the things I can do Does anyone have an idea of what has happened or how I can fix it Thanks - Sean

A:Unable to access user accounts as admin

Try this:

Open an Elevated Command Prompt
Enable the hidden Administrator account: Enter net user administrator /active:yes

Reboot and got to safe mode (press F8 during boot).
Login as Administrator (no password).

Open Control Panel, User Accounts.
Check you account and make sure it's still setup correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241541-unable-access-user-accounts-admin.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I have a notebook with Windows Home Premium I have only account on it with admin rights But somehow a couple of days ago I lost my admin rights even though the account still shows as an admin Things that changed are - Can't start cmd - Can't start regedit - When I press ctrl alt del there's no more option to open the task manager - Firefox saved passwords are gone when I reboot - I get the following error on startup I translated it to English from Dutch Quote Microsoft NET Framework There is an unprocessed exception in the program If you press quot Continue quot de error will be ignored and the progam will continue If you press quot Quit quot the program will be shut down immediately Access to rights 7 Windows [SOLVED] admin on Lost registerkey HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System denied See the end of this message for more information on calling of JIT error finding in stead of this [SOLVED] Lost admin rights on Windows 7 dialog I didn't translate the rest of the message but here it is Code Tekst van uitzondering System UnauthorizedAccessException Toegang tot de registersleutel HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System is geweigerd bij Microsoft Win RegistryKey Win Error Int errorCode String str bij Microsoft Win RegistryKey CreateSubKey String subkey RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck [SOLVED] Lost admin rights on Windows 7 RegistrySecurity registrySecurity bij Microsoft Win Registry SetValue String keyName String valueName Object value RegistryValueKind valueKind bij Microsoft VisualBasic MyServices RegistryProxy SetValue String keyName String valueName Object value RegistryValueKind valueKind bij stub Form Form Load Object sender EventArgs e bij System EventHandler Invoke Object sender EventArgs e bij System Windows Forms Form OnLoad EventArgs e bij System Windows Forms Control CreateControl Boolean fIgnoreVisible bij System Windows Forms Control CreateControl bij System Windows Forms Control WmShowWindow Message amp m bij System [SOLVED] Lost admin rights on Windows 7 Windows Forms Control WndProc Message amp m bij System Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow WndProc Message amp m bij System Windows Forms NativeWindow Callback IntPtr hWnd Int msg IntPtr wparam IntPtr lparam Geladen assembly's mscorlib Assembly-versie Win -versie win RTMGDR - CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorlib dll ---------------------------------------- stub Assembly-versie Win -versie CodeBase file C Users Jasper AppData Local Temp Server exe ---------------------------------------- Microsoft VisualBasic Assembly-versie Win -versie NetFXspW - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL Microsoft VisualBasic b f f f d a a Microsoft VisualBasic dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly-versie Win -versie NetFXspW - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System b a c e System dll ---------------------------------------- System Windows Forms Assembly-versie Win -versie NetFXspW - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Windows Forms b a c e System Windows Forms dll ---------------------------------------- System Drawing Assembly-versie Win -versie NetFXspW - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Drawing b f f f d a a System Drawing dll ---------------------------------------- System Runtime Remoting Assembly-versie Win -versie NetFXspW - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Runtime Remoting b a c e System Runtime Remoting dll ---------------------------------------- mscorlib resources Assembly-versie Win -versie win RTMGDR - CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorlib dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft VisualBasic resources Assembly-versie Win -versie NetFXspW - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL Microsoft VisualBasic resources nl b f f f d a a Microsoft VisualBasic resources dll ---------------------------------------- System Windows Forms resources As... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Lost admin rights on Windows 7

Boot into Recovery using Windows DVD or the Recovery partition and run Windows System Restore -- choose a restore point prior to the trouble occurring.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-lost-admin-rights-on-windows-7-a-511996.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi ,
I am using a windows application which has a feature to change the IP address to 10.XX.XX.1 to connect to a server and restore it back to its original address on exit of connection to the server. The windows application is run with administrator rights. Now i want to run the application without admin rights and change\restore the IP address. My application for changing the IP it uses netsh commands from command prompt. Please suggest a way in which i can be able to do achieve this.

A:In Windows 7, how can we change the IP Address without Admin rights?

Run the program as Administrator. There maybe other problems if the program is run as a standard user. If you are logged in as a standard user then right click on the application and select 'run as Administrator'. depending on the environment you may not be able to do this either. It all depends if you are connected to a domain and if Group Policy is being applied to stop you from doing admin tasks etc.

If I were you I would speak to the Server Administrator about it - He will know more about the program and the Server setup.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213081-windows-7-how-can-we-change-ip-address-without-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Running windows 7 home edition 64 bit. Trying to install a HP 7960 printer. Will not install due to supposed lack of administrator rights. Exhausted internet search with no solution. During install of printer driver disc message indicates I do not have administrator rights. I am logged in as the administrator. Have tryed the cmd prompt and set up another administrator. Have tryed right clicking on setup.exe and run as administrator. Still same message and no solution. HP shows no solution or fix, also no downloadable drivers.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and I thank you for your time.
Winpsych

Relevancy 67.51%

I have installed win bits - actually on top of win bits and this has worked fine for a month or so Then last week it started to work somewhat weird I think it may be due to automatic updates from Microsoft that has bits rights windows Lost 7/64 admin created some inconsistencies I've tried lots of suggestion I find on the I-net but nothing has cured the problem yet E g I use WiFi for connecting to the I-net but when I look into the Network and Sharing Center it tells me that Lost admin rights windows 7/64 bits I'm not linked to any network even if IE Safari and Outlook work seemingly fine But I can't change anything My UA says I am the admin but I'm not able to create a new UA with admin rights I really hope for some help so that I can avoid to clean up everything and Lost admin rights windows 7/64 bits start all over again I tried to repair the system by using the installation CD but it tells me that the system on the PC is newer and hence it can't fixt it Do you have any suggestion Best regards Kai

A:Lost admin rights windows 7/64 bits

Go to Start/Search and type CMD. Right click the CMD.exe icon in the Search Results and Run As Administrator. In the Command Prompt type ipconfig /Release and press enter. Your IP address should change to 0.0.0.0. Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew you should get a new IP address and the Network and Sharing should remove the yellow flag.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-admin-rights-windows-7-64-bits-623863.html
Relevancy 67.51%

My son when I wasn't home went on piratebay the bit torrent site and now my laptop has a virus or atleast it seems My admin account icon is gone The only icon is the 'guest' account and anything I try to do says 'you do not have admin rights'-log in as admin but I cannot get the admin log in to pop up I have tried starting the secret admin account thru command prompt but it says the same message 'you do not have admin rights' I have tried adding account only to get an error message I tried creating a new admin account and it does not allow me to start creating one just makes a sound with an error I have tried installing system mechanic and other software but it says unable to do so without admin rights It has also corrupted my wifi driver to my wireless home do? windows virus of rights, admin what unsure taken my away has A 7 to network so I cannot connect with the laptop Im unsure of how I can clean this A virus has taken away my windows 7 admin rights, unsure of what to do? or repair it to atleast get back online so I can try to install some help I tried a windows repair disc created by my desktop with the same A virus has taken away my windows 7 admin rights, unsure of what to do? windows home premium but it asks me to install drivers which im clueless of what I need Any help is greatly appreciated If more info is needed just let me know Thank you

A:A virus has taken away my windows 7 admin rights, unsure of what to do?

Hello Can you post a DDS log per this Guide?Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.Include your above info in the new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535656/a-virus-has-taken-away-my-windows-7-admin-rights-unsure-of-what-to-do/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi there,

I have the following scenario:
- Windows 7
- User Account Control UAC enabled (level 3 out of 4)
- User account is member of the Administrator's group

I open the Windows Explorer and want to change an .ini file located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\... folder. The file always opens as read-only. This is because Windows Explorer is started with normal user rights (not admin rights).

How can I start the Windows Explorer with admin rights (without changing the UAC settings)? Or is there a user-friendly way of changing contents of files located under protected folders? The only way I found until now is: Open Notepad with elevated rights and open the .ini file from there.

A:Open Windows Explorer with Admin rights

uidl,

Right click the program and click "Run as Administrator".

This goes for near anything

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/215206-open-windows-explorer-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I new here My problem is two-fold I suppose whenever I click on certain files I get the error messege quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate persmissions to access the item quot This was working fine before and I have not done any Rights and Admin issues Update Windows major changes to my system Any clue what could be causing this all of a sudden I have Vista Home Premium no Service Packs GB RAM Intel Quad Core Admin Rights and Windows Update issues Q I have already checked to make sure I have Admin Rights as I am loged into the Admin main user account the only account I have had set up since day --also-- My Windows Update Refuses to let me update to SP Admin Rights and Windows Update issues I had trouble with the NET Framework the last week and I ran the Readiness Tool I think and a Hotfix and I was able to install NET which in turn let me install a few other updates----which led me up to SP but SP won't install I get the error F F Could these two be related Or not Can anyone offer any advice one either or both of my issues It is totally driving me insane

A:Admin Rights and Windows Update issues

Welcome
Make a complete anti virus scan
Download and make a full scan with malwarebytes
if negative
try a system restore.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291963-admin-rights-windows-update-issues.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59249-no-admin-rights-admin-account-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Using Win 8.1

First off, the account I'am signed on with is listed as admin type account. It's the one I had to enter my windows account email.
Since installing the new MalwareBytes 2.0 program (which went in without any problem) it put an shortcut icon on desktop. I tried too move the icon from desktop to another folder and it said I needed admin rights to do this. Usually once I click on continue it gives me access and proceeds to carry out the command.
So I followed the tutorial to build hidden admin account. I type in: net user administrator /active:yes, it completed. I signed on to the admin account and tried the same operation and it still asked for admin rights.
What am I doing wrong?

UpDate: MalwareBytes 2.0 has a self protection ability that needs to not be enabled, otherwise everything associated with the Program including program icons located anywhere cannot be moved.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43247-i-needed-admin-rights-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I downgraded my personal account from Admin to Standard User, and then I activated the hidden Administrator account. I later decided to disable the built-in elevated Administrator account, but I forgot to upgrade my personal account again.

So now I have only a standard user account on my PC, and it won't let me install or upgrade anything. I basically have no control left on my computer.

So is there any way to reenable the elevated Admin account (or upgrade my personal account to Admin status) from within the standard account?

Thanks in advance.

A:How to re-enable admin rights on Windows 7 Home Premium

You can enable the hidden Administrator account by booting a Windows 7 install DVD/flash drive.

Directions here: User Account Password - Change from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350065-how-re-enable-admin-rights-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 66.65%

First off, because of some posts I've seen, I AM and administrator for our computers. My question is, using Windows 7 Ultimate, how can I allow "Power Users" to restart Windows services without giving them Admin rights? We monitor equipment that requires restarting of services, but I don't want to give the group account admin rights. And yes, this is frustrating.

A:How to Allow Restarting Windows Services Without Giving Them Admin Rights

You can possibly try one of the following links.
How to grant users rights to manage services in Windows Server 2003
delegating control of services - Second Post

I suggest testing it before you implement it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-allow-restarting-windows-services-without-giving-them-admin-rights-650226.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am trying to burn the iso to a usb to be able to boot from The computer i am putting on has already run windows in the past but had been formatted and switched to a linux os I do not have admin rights on any of the computers that i can use and i need to create the installation usb on another computer Is there anything that is just an executable program that will format and burn the iso to the usb without the need for admin rights I have 7 on To Burn rights USB w/out admin Windows ISO any to comps install already been searching online for like weeks off and on so i finally decided to just ask a question to anyone who is better with than I If it makes a difference i am only able to access -bit hp computers that run windows professional Any help would be great P S I already have the actual iso still in tact on another separate usb drive Do they expire or anyting because i downloaded it or months ago and saved it so i wouldn't have to do the whole hour download of the GB file again

A:Windows 7 ISO Burn To USB to install w/out any admin rights on comps

For USB:
x32
USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create
x64
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/346158-windows-7-iso-burn-usb-install-w-out-any-admin-rights-comps.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Guys, the sister in laws laptop has suddently locked her out and isnt able to logon.

Top and bottom I think a virus has found its way into the laptop. We recently restated it and since then her password isnt working. We can log in but using a light users access rights i.e. cannot install anything to the C:\ drive, ss there a way of being able to do a system restore without deleting any of the files she currently has on the hard drive. Even when I try doing a safeboot it asks for a logon name/password

She has some really important files on there which she needs to get back.

PS its windows XP professional if that helps

Any help is greatly appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-windows-xp-system-restore-without-admin-rights.956612/
Relevancy 66.65%

As the neighborhood PC guru friend asked me for help installing some programs on his month old HP laptop Issue 7 Rights to install Windows Admin Won't programs Allow model G with Win Home Prem bit SP He wanted Winzip Verizon Comm Mgr to tether his BB Mozy backup HP printer drivers for an HP L AiO and Outlook Attempts to install each of these programs met with problems Windows 7 Admin Rights Issue Won't Allow programs to install Paid for and tried to install Outlook from the MS website It failed to install completely and terminated WinZip downloaded but installation failed I tried to install Windows HP printer drivers but installation failed without warning I tried to install Mozy online backup software installation failed due to lack of Admin rights I tried to install Verizon Communication Manager installation failed due to lack of Admin rights Here s everything I tried so far Checked for updates to Java Installed new version Ran Adobe updater updated Adobe Reader Removed old Java using the Control Panel V J SE Created a backup copy of the Window registry and backed up on a CD Installed three critical updates for Windows a Windows Service Pack b Malware tool updates c Windows Live Essentials Installed the following optional programs recommended by MS after a scan a RealTek Audio driver update b RealTek Program update c Synaptics Touch pad driver update d Windows security update KB e Windows security update KB Updated and ran AVG virus scanner currently found on the PC a Found viruses and removed Windows 7 Admin Rights Issue Won't Allow programs to install Scanned again Clean Checked Windows Action Center for error messages and system issues None found Checked Windows Reliability Log for errors Many failed install errors found Attempted Mozy installation again Failed due to Admin permissions issue Ran Malware bytes on full scan a Found malware baddies and registry entries All removed Ran Spybot Search and Destroy a Found one spy program Removed Verified user had full admin rights He had some IT guys copy data from his old laptop to this HP They made a mess of it It looks like they copied over everything from his old PC including Office While I was poking around in the PC Office attempted to load asking for the install CD I tried creating a super admin user and installing these same programs No change I WAS able to install Carbonite for backups I was also able to install doPDF for creating PDF files for him I set up a new Cisco router with installed software without issues We are both frustrated and at a loss I m to the point where my recommendation would be to wipe the drive and start over He travels extensively so access to his PC is limited Oh also tried Safe Mode No changes ANY IDEAS SHORT OF WIPING THE DRIVE AND STARTING OVER WOULD BE WELCOMED tb

A:Windows 7 Admin Rights Issue Won't Allow programs to install

I have one that I always use. Start/cmd/admin/ type in sfc /scannow and let the system file checker do its thing. Any time the basic Windows files are corrupt all kinds of goofy things can happen. It can't hurt but it just might tell you a lot. It takes a few minutes, have a cup of joe. I also have a fondness for Super Anti Spyware. Normally a virus or a trojan will not let you update your anti virus or any thing like it. My understanding is you have admin. rights is that correct? I don't know what super admin. rights are. If for what ever reason you have to do a format and reinstall I would recommend wiping the drive clean with a 3rd party program first. A format does not wipe the drive and some bad things can hang around and reload when you do a fresh install. Kind of like the Snake in the wood pile, you don't see it until you kick the wood pile again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392472/windows-7-admin-rights-issue-wont-allow-programs-to-install/
Relevancy 66.65%

How can i stop/start windows services (i.e. Tomcat, IIS) without admin rights.

A:Stop/Start windows services without admin rights

Why dont you have admin. rights??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-start-windows-services-without-admin-rights-397325.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Basically when I setup my system I run my primary user as an admin to install and set everything the way I like it After a week or so I Admin Allowed Own Only 10 it's to Rights Windows Administrator Remove remove my primary user from the Administrators group I then use the default Admin account usually Administrator to do any other major changes or installs I understand that he default administrator account is disabled by Windows and needs to be enabled Windows 10 Allowed Only Administrator to Remove it's Own Admin Rights but my gripe is that windows has allowed my only active user which happen to be in the local admin group to remove it's own Administrative privilege Now I have a PC with one standard user and no way to enable my admin or otherwise do any administrative actions HOW CAN I ENABLE ADMIN WHEN MY ONLY USER ISN'T AN ADMIN WHY WOULD WINDOWS ALLOW THIS TO OCCUR I've attached a couple screen shots showing my list of users which will show the only active user and the other disabled icon shows down arrow as well as my Administrator group showing the disabled Administrator user which is disabled Please anyone what's the fix And I know I should have enabled the Administrator account BEFORE I removed my own admin but I'm here now and need a fix Thanks BlankMe

A:Windows 10 Allowed Only Administrator to Remove it's Own Admin Rights

Hello BlankMe Welcome to the Ten Forums!

The first place to look for that type of information besides a Bing search would be the tutorial section! Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

The guide there will take you through everything one step at a time while the primary user generally does see an active administrator account by default unless changed to a standard account at which time another account is created. Creating a new MS account is generally how that works with 10. In fact I going to see that enabled right now for you here on the second test build I control remotely for these types of situations.

First I will simply use Option One in the guide there to simply type in the basic command once I right click on the remote system's Start button and select the Command prompt(admin) option for the elevated command prompt option. That will prevent any UAC interactions.

You will note the confirmation seen in the Team Viewer 11 window on the right monitor shows the command entered was a success.. The Hidden admin account is now active and is immediately followed by logging out of the admin account as shown in the guide as well and looking at two login instead of only one once this has been seen to.

The first time this takes place will be like 10 has just been put on fresh all over again with the familiar welcome screens saying lots of great features to get excited about, etc. etc. blah blah blah Getting everything ready for you, etc. etc. while you wait for the "Let's Start. Here I have to clear off the Team Viewer gui as I watch the OneDrive update notification appear and then take a look in the Start>Settings>Accounts to suddenly see no profile picture and a new admin account waiting to be named!

Funny the existing user account is not to be found once you are logged into the Hidden System Admin made active. As you can see the process goes quickly without any large fuss but just a few steps depending on which option you choose to work with.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41215-windows-10-allowed-only-administrator-remove-its-own-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone i have an issue with text in some places like record app see picture as you see in blue it's clear but in red it's blurry ,also please tell me how to solve it
and tell me how to get full admin rights in my current account cause it's admin type but everytime it says you need admin rights

A:Text not clear in windows 10/how to get full admin rights

The standard admin account that Windows creates for the first user account setup is a member of the administrators group. It still subject to UAC prompts etc as a safety net. You can set programs to run as administrator to save the extra click.
Run as Administrator in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/49581-text-not-clear-windows-10-how-get-full-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone i have an issue with text in some places like record app see picture as you see in blue it's clear but in red it's blurry ,also please tell me how to solve it
and tell me how to get full admin rights in my current account cause it's admin type but everytime it says you need admin rights

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/49581-text-not-clear-windows-10-how-get-full-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, I saw this message earlier on my computer and I don't know what it means or how to fix it? Would some mind helping please. 

Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511566/wireless-error-unable-to-get-current-user-admin-status/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello Microsoft Support,
I will like to know if I can configure and start windows IIS service without admin rights in windows 7 pro. My company policy does not allow to provide admin rights to users and hence users without admin rights cant start windows IIS service and console.
Looking forward for a solution.
Elias

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e60bc93f-1d40-48b9-968c-6135fa2429dd/start-internet-information-service-without-admin-rights-in-windows-7?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 65.79%

90 percent of Windows 7 flaws fixed by removing admin rights.

After tabulating all the vulnerabilities published in Microsoft's 2009 Security Bulletins, it turns out 90 percent of the vulnerabilities can be mitigated by configuring users to operate without administrator rights, according to a report by BeyondTrust.

-- Tom

A:90 percent of Windows 7 flaws fixed by removing admin rights

I wonder if that means that the consentUI is not working as intended? If I understand correctly, the consentUI only passes over the admin token after that 'continue' prompt. So, if this report says that vulnerabilities are mitigated by not using an admin account, doesn't that imply that somehow when exploiting the vulnerabilities, the admin rights are used.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/90-percent-of-windows-7-flaws-fixed-by-removing-admin-rights.913805/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi All,

No concept of domain all are in workgroup mode. All user accounts are with local admin privilege, any suggestion how to restrict the user from full admin rights. I had tried using power users but some IE applications (Oracle / Java Applet) does not function properly where it installs Jinitator. Is their any possibility of modifying the Local security policy and restrict the user from FULL access and limited to their applications.

Thanks & Regards,
Kiran.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/restrict-users-from-full-admin-rights-in-windows-xp-not-in-domain-491037.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi All,

No concept of domain all are in workgroup mode. All user accounts are with local admin privilege, any suggestion how to restrict the user from full admin rights. I had tried using power users but some IE applications (Oracle / Java Applet) does not function properly where it installs Jinitator. Is their any possibility of modifying the Local security policy and restrict the user from FULL access and limited to their applications.
Waiting for a positive response.

Thanks & Regards,
Kiran.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restrict-users-from-full-admin-rights-in-windows-xp-not-in-domain.929964/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello everybody I m actually using Windows Server for personal use only but I think the concept should be the same with Windows XP As a good security practice I only log in with my normal user account and carry out the installation routines with the command quot run as quot right click on an exe file But when I have to config a particular option in windows most of them are in open rights Windows to ? as) Explorer, with Panel (Run Control admin How control panel there is no such quot run as quot option k and the only thinng I can do is logging of which is pretty disturbing How to open Windows Explorer, Control Panel with admin rights (Run as) ? windows server doesn t support fast user How to open Windows Explorer, Control Panel with admin rights (Run as) ? switching does it If it does please give me a hint Even when I try to do it with the command line quot runas user Administrator control quot after correctly entered the passoword it showed me quot Attempting to start control as user quot and went back to the command prompt without any error message I also tried to create a shortcut of the control panel and used the right click run as thing entered the password and also not thing happened The same with Windows Explorer Can anybody help me out Thanks so much in advance nbsp

A:How to open Windows Explorer, Control Panel with admin rights (Run as) ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-open-windows-explorer-control-panel-with-admin-rights-run-as.559384/
Relevancy 65.36%

Greetings,

I am trying to change the folder properties of a applications folder from read only. I am doing this per instructions from the apps provider to prevent crashes.

When I go to change the permissions it states I need admin privileges. The only account I have on the box is the admin however I did change the name to something besides admin. The account is definitely an admin account.

Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64 bit

Relevancy 64.93%

I have created two new user accounts. The first I set up as a standard account, logged on, did a few things, then logged off, logged on as my administrator account and editted the account to be an administrator. When I log back on as this account, it appears that the user still does not have administrator privileges even though under the user it says "Administrator". For example, the UAC control does not appear when you click on "Change User Account Control Settings". Also, trying to install software where the installer asks for admin privileges fails. However, the second account created started as an adminstrator account and exhibits neither of these problems.

I just haven't seen anything in posts about this and wonder what the difference is and if there is anything that "second class" administrator user can do to become a "first class" administrator.

A:New admin user acting differently than standard user changed to admin

Quote:
For example, the UAC control does not appear when you click on "Change User Account Control Settings". Also, trying to install software where the installer asks for admin privileges fails.

Does UAC control display a confirmation question? this is the case for administrator accounts
Does UAC control ask for username/password? This is the case for standard accounts
Change the account back (just for testing) to standard account. Does it ask for username/password when changing system settings?
system built-in admin account has admin rights always
manually made account with admin rights has only admin rights after you allow it in the UAC control popup.
manually made account without admin rights has only admin rights after you allow it in the UAC control popup (enter a admin's username and password).
That's how it should work

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/203736-new-admin-user-acting-differently-than-standard-user-changed-admin.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Thank you!

I am admin ( WIN 7 Pro 64 computer 4 years old): In admin user default account, any and ALL open, and .exe functions denied.

CMD right click 'run as admin' (net user admin etc.) has no effect. Checking all folders I show FULL permission. Right click 'run as admin' has no effect on any file.

Created new USER with ADMIN functions and all works in that account.

Q: How can I trouble shoot my normal ADMIN account (it has all of my 1000s of folders, programs etc.)
Q: Or how can I transfer all of my doc to my new user internally? (Without backup to external drive etc)

This happened after a Microsoft standard update weeks ago. I tried restore, but restore fails. By now I have done much on the computer and restore not an option.
I have not been able to open or run any program files.

Any help I would be grateful!

TF

A:Admin User Error5. CMD solutions failed. New User with ADMIN works

Wow. 2 days and not a single suggestion or reply?

Is this a really a simple common error? Is that why no replies? Or is there no help for it?

I searched the forums for hours over 2 days reading multiple posts and possible solutions and came up empty. Nothing applicable to my situation.

I have tried:
1. System restore. It always fails, even in SAFE mode or REPAIR mode.
2. Run as administrator (Both from right click and from CMD)
3. Sharing all folders (Although this ADMIN account has all privileges/permissions as it is anyway)
This created a 2nd ADMIN account. Don't know why.
4. Reset all privileges back to default settings.

Have not tried to re-install windows as I don't have a copy of Win 7. Plus I would like to avoid the reality of reinstalling so many programs and files.

Right now when the Original Admin user tries to run a .exe, I get a "Setup was unable to create the directory "...etc..." Error 5 access denied.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. It would at least get me moving trying some things. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302806-admin-user-error5-cmd-solutions-failed-new-user-admin-works.html
Relevancy 64.5%

i found this on the web wile looking how to get core temp to auto run - core temp is a program that need admin rights maybe sticky this i dont know FYI i used this to auto run admin program auto 7 Temp Vista/Windows run rights startup Core at Energy saver from gigabyte by starting st step I noticed a lot of people are trying to make Core Temp start-up on Windows Vista x with UAC enabled and finding it constantly asks for permission auto run admin rights Core Temp program at startup Vista/Windows 7 to run Here is how to get legally get around UAC This is all tested with on Vista x Vista x should work equally well This may seem like a long post but actually the instructions are very detailed - you should have no problem with Core Temp or any other app with the same issue eg Rocket Dock in the future So on with the show Run core temp and disable 'Start Core Temp with windows' enable 'start minimized' enable 'enable plugins' if using the vista sidebar gadget or anything that needs CT access all other options are at the discretion of the user Click OK Remove the program from the Startup folder or any RUN STARTUP registry key - Disabling 'start CT with Windows' should actually have removed the registry key entry anyway Move Core Temp exe to a directory that is NOT 'Programs x ' or anywhere else controlled by Windows I created a directory in my 'Users my login name' directory called 'startupapps' and put 'Core Temp exe' in there Note strictly speaking this is not required but some have reported they needed to do this so I simply wrote what I tested and checked as working Launch the Task Scheduler Control Panel - gt Administration Tools - gt Task Scheduler From the Actions panel on the right select Create Task Give the Task a description of 'CoreTemp' or anything else you feel like if you want to be cryptic Go to the Security Options on the General tab Select an user account with administrative privileges Select the radio button Run only when user is logged on Check the box Run with highest privileges Go to the Triggers tab and click New In Begin the task select At log on In the Settings options select All users In the Advanced Settings options check the box Enabled Click OK to close the dialog Go to the Actions tab and click New For Action select Start a program In the Settings options browse for the Program Script you want to execute on startup Click OK to close the dialog Go to the Settings tab Check the box Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed Uncheck the box Stop the task if it runs longer than Click OK to save and close the task properties Logout Login Wait - Core Temp will eventually load - usually instantly but may be up to seconds or so Core Temp will now start when you login without any request for permissions even when UAC is enabled

A:auto run admin rights Core Temp program at startup Vista/Windows 7

I use Windows 7 64 bit and Core Temp version 0.99.8.0 - 64 bit. It doesn't actually matter if you put Core Temp in the "Program Files" folder (or "Program Files (x86)"). I keep my Core Temp folder in the Program Files folder. If the setting above doesn't work, a couple of additional step you should follow are below (the number of the steps comply with the number of steps in the above post, so that step 12.5 below comes after step 12 above):

2.5. You can put the Core Temp folder in the Program Files folder if you wish (even thought it's controlled by Windows)
12.5. In the Advance Settings option, check the box "Delay task for:" and set it to "1 minute"
14.1. Stay at the Triggers tab and click New again...

14.2. In Begin the task, select At startup

14.3. In the Advance Settings option, check the box "Delay task for:" and set it to "1 minute"

14.4. In the Advanced Settings options, check the box Enabled

14.5. Click OK to close the dialog
20.5. Check the box "If the task fails, restart every:" and set it to "1 minute"
26. If the Core Temp icon(s) doesn't appear in 30 seconds after the start up wait more, like 2 minutes. If it still doesn't appear in the system tray, first make sure that it's not hidden in the system tray arrow. If it's in the system tray arrow, you can right click the arrow, select Properties, then select Customize notification icons and change the behavior of the Core Temp icon(s) to Show icon and notifications. (If you set the color of the Core Temp icon text to white, it doesn't appear in the system tray arrow window because of the white background, but it may still be there. Click the empty fields to check)

27. If the Core Temp icon(s) is not in the system tray or hidden, then run the Windows Task Manager. On the Processes tab, sort the processes by Image Name. Check if Core Temp.exe is in the list.

28.A. If Core Temp.exe is not in the processes list, then you probably did something wrong while scheduling the task. Go back to the Task Scheduler. Select the Task Scheduler Library from the left menu. Find the Core Temp task and verify that it's status is "Ready". If the status is "Disabled", right click the task and enable it. If the status is "Running" the task is actually running, so maybe you addressed the action in the task wrong. Check that and go over the other steps in the post above and here. End.

28.B. If Core Temp.exe is in the processes list, then you probably didn't enable 'start minimized' on Core Temp and it's window is either on the desktop or minimized to the task bar. Check that and go over other steps in the post above. End.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/90039-auto-run-admin-rights-core-temp-program-startup-vista-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello!

I'm using this tweak for context menu: Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

How I can make it work to give me full rights aswell?

Thank you!

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/54293-give-me-rights-context-menu.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey!
All of a sudden yesterday, Steam started giving me error messages when trying to download or update games. They were saying: "An error occured when trying to install. (Disk write error)". I found out it was not only steam, but I also cant install programs or anything else on the drive. I'm talking about my second drive, where I store all my large files. My main one is a SSD dedicated to OS.

Anyway, digging into the problem I found out I can't give my self full rights to different folders on that drive, so I followed this tutorial. When finished, and everything still working I still get an error message! What the actual ****.

The box marked in red is the error I'm getting:

Help anyone?
By the way, awesome nostalgic smileys. RIP MSN.

A:Access denied trying to give myself rights

Can you sign into your account and ask for help here? https://help.steampowered.com/#Login...6228b1f1ce25c4

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/379516-access-denied-trying-give-myself-rights.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I have recently removed administrator privilages from a users PC and placed them in the users group. Now when there is an update for some programs (stata for example), the user reports that the update fails becuase the account does not have enough permissions. Is there a way to allow updates for programs without putting the user in the admin or power users group?

Thanks,

John.

A:Windows User Rights

If you can run the update program from Task Scheduler then you can specify which user to run the task as and set it to run as administrator.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-user-rights-433267.html
Relevancy 63.64%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/