Windows Support Forum

Windows 8.1 update failing

Q: Windows 8.1 update failing

Well, on my laptop it's failing. On reboot it's trying to uninstall but taking a really long time. Hope it comes back. Anyone else having it just not even installing at all? The rollback took nearly 45 minutes.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 8.1 update failing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 8.1 update failing

Not had any problems here, I've just done it, well the usual updates first, all 8 of them 2 of which were for Office 2007. Then the big one done on its own.
All downloaded and installed without problems and looking at the Update History they all succeeded.

Do you have any other problems with this machine, have you been able to install updates before ?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44095-windows-8-1-update-failing.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Everytime I keep using Windows Update/Microsoft Update, Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB932330) always fails. I restarted my computer and tried to update my computer, but that didn't work and I can't find anything in Microsoft's Website that talks about this problem... PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks to anyone who replys

A:Windows Update "update For Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (kb932330)" Keep Failing

I am having the same problem...what is the way to fix it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88439/windows-update-update-for-outlook-2003-junk-email-filter-kb932330-keep-failing/
Relevancy 60.63%

Logs attached. Attempting to update Windows results in attempt to update Windows Update Installer, which fails with Code 80073712. Logs attached.

sfc /scannow reported no problems found.

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64

Thanks in advance!

- Tim

A:Windows Update Installer Update failing - Code 80073712

CheckSUR shows the following...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..lient-aux.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_en-us_d5981a6600d138cc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..owsupdateclient-aux_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_bc07877c65502903.manifest

I'll post a fix protocol soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347061-windows-update-installer-update-failing-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Every time I try to update W 8 I get the error message saying the updates failed and the purple screen that says it is "reverting update". I thought it might be multiple updtaes at once cusing the problem so I tried individual updates at a time. Also disabled AV. Ran update repair. Nothing works.
This after I tried the W8 to 8.1 upgrade and it failed. So I thought I would need to make sure updates were complete. Thus the issue with updates. Ultimately I will try and install the 8.1 os after all this. Any suggestions.
Thanks folks!

A:Cannot update Windows 8. Keeps failing and "reverting update"

https://www.winhelp.us/reinstall-windows-update.html

Be sure you have a RESTORE POINT SET.

Then read.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552140/cannot-update-windows-8-keeps-failing-and-reverting-update/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been repeatedly prompted by the Windows update manager that a update is available. When I click on install it looks as though it is going to work but then receive the follow message: The following updates were not installed - Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86.

I went to the Microsoft online support but only found topics from 2005.

Is it an issue this is not installing? Is there a way to get this install?

Thanks

A:Windows update failing

That should only be one update, available for download Here.The 3.5, SP1 update includes updates for versions 2.0 thru 3.0. After the update is installed, Add/Remove Programs will reflect Version 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 as removeable items.Download it to desktop and install it manually. Afterwards there will be critical updates to it which can be obtained via WUS.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/325483/windows-update-failing/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,
I have a laptop running on Windows 7 Home Premium, and for 6 months now my laptop keeps trying to update the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based systems (KB976932). This update keeps on failing, which causes my laptop to restart 3 times every time I start
my laptop after which it states "failure configuring windows updates". I have tried everything, searched all forum discussions, downloaded it manually from the microsoft site and used the Fixit tool. However, nothing works and my laptop is performing
slower every day. 
I get error code BC9 when trying to install the update. Also, I get the message of restarting my computer, which I do constantly but nothing happens after. 
I would really appreciate help!

A:Windows update keeps on failing

Hi ?
I agree with Cyber_Defend_Team.
In addition, error BC9 means "The request operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made."

Regarding this kind of update issue, I suggest you try the following suggestions and let me know the result.
1. Disable antivirus software 
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Disable-antivirus-software
Please Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable
it as soon as you're done.
2. Open the Windows Update troubleshooter
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Update-troubleshooter
3. Reset Windows Update components
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
4. Run System Update Readiness Tool and collect the %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
5.  Diagnose and repair the corrupted files listed on checksur.log.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee619779(WS.10).aspx
6. Try to perform a clean boot and then try to install Windows 7 service pack 1 and check if it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us
Regards,
Blair DengBlair Deng
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5395c56f-557a-4285-814d-06628f615634/windows-update-keeps-on-failing?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been trying to update my wifes computer via the Microsoft Update Site It has always updated successfully in the past However it now always fails and the list of security Windows Failing Update updates is growing I have listed the current updates that are selected after the system scan that fail each time I try Windows Update Failing I even tried turning off my internet security to no avail Her system is a Dell Inspiron m running XP Pro Any ideas or help would be Windows Update Failing greatly appreciated List of updates that fail Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Windows Update Failing Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP KB nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by niemiro OK so half an hour when to pot and turned into hours Anyway the failing Update Windows overall reason is that Windows Update failing a single file name can have multiple contents and not all computers have every file Well the correct way is to extract a replacement file from the actual install which makes sense Right there are two tutorials for System Update Readiness Tool logfiles both of which are long and both of which only brush the surface If you are truly dedicated read this System Update Readiness Tool - CheckSur log File Analyzis It is not an easy read The author's first language is not English and it can be hard to follow at times However it also teaches the basic fundamental techniques These are not longer used Nowadays we have automated tools written by me to automate almost all scenarios and tutorials for their use usually reserved for apprentices in this field of study If you are interested send me a Private Message and tell me which bits you are interested in You are more than welcome to and I am the author so I have the keys and rights Right let's do things the semi-manual way Look again at your log Take an example line quot Package for KB bf ad e amd cat quot Find which Knowledge Base KB article it belongs to in this case KB Check that there are no other KBs in the log For you there are not If there are repeat the below for each one Visit support microsoft com kb number in this case support microsoft com kb TIP In actual fact it is faster to Google KB Select the download link for IT Professionals none of the others will bring you to the correct page Find the correct download link Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer in Windows x Edition KB Understand now why I asked if you had IE or IE Download it The above tutorial will show you how to extract it However that is really slow If you want to be an efficient pro follow this tutorial instead Windows Update - Extract an Update Now use your extracted files to produce your fix It will take ages But look I have a tool to automate the whole thing Attachment Attachment Now that does save me a lot of time It will analyse the log file extract the update create the fix and zip it up for me I really no longer do any work at all If you want a copy please drop me a PM And that goes for anybody reading this Very soon there will be a version of that tool which inexperienced users can use It features a nice wizard analyses the log file downloads the required files from Microsoft servers creates the fix and fixes the machine all in a simple to use Next- gt Next- gt Finish format Now that is cool About month away Perfectly in time for any trends in Windows update failures I shall be hot off the mark for Windows There are so many more programs of mine tricks and so much more to learn If you are interested ask or PM me Anyway onto the fix which you hopefully understand a little better now WARNING This fix was created specifically for this user If you are not this user do not follow these instructions Crowface Ignore the above Download the attached zip file Inside it will be two folders Packages and Manifests Create these folders if they do not already exist C Windows Temp CheckSur Servicing Packages and C Windows Temp CheckSur winsxs Manifests Extract Packs zip onto your Desktop Please place the contents of my Desktop Packages in C Windows Temp CheckSur Servicing Packages and my Desktop Manifests in C Windows Temp CheckSur winsxs Manifests DO NOT place the zip file in that folder or the folders themselves Make sure that a lot of files are in each of those Checksur folder NOTE For you there are no manifests Just move on Re-run the System Update Readiness Tool and get me another copy of C Windows Logs CBS CheckSUR log Also please retest Windows Updates with fingers slightly crossed no matter how much we both know that that won't help lol Thanks a lot Richard AHHHH finally someone or ... Read more

A:Windows Update failing

Quote: Originally Posted by cliddell93

AHHHH finally, someone or something that can help, niemiro, or Richard, i am having the same issue with my pc and am wondering if you could create a .zip fix for me to. I'm only new to the forum and don't even know how to send a pm, so maybe you pm me first or send me your email address. I'll paste my checksur log here for you anyway. Thank you in advance for your help, Cris
ps, the user friendly version of your program, when will that be publicly available? Or even the current version, if it ever will be made available?
=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.21645
Package Version 13.0
2011-10-04 20:22

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_1_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1: ??f}?U$?~?\?l~=?*?rtIqič?kOr??,???0? *?H??
 1?
0?
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2562937_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1: 0?"C *?H??
*?"40?"01 0 +
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1: 510

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
Seconds executed: 320
Found 3 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 3

servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2562937_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2562937_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.cat

Hello Cris, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

lol, my post came copied, spelling mistake and all!

Don't worry about PMs or emails, I think you will find that posting like this works perfectly well

"ps, the user friendly version of your program, when will that be publicly available? Or even the current version, if it ever will be made available?"

Not in time for you unfortunately! The current one - about two weeks. The user friendly one - one to two months.

However, in the mean time, we can still do things manually

WARNING! This fix was created specifically for this user! If you are not this user, do not follow these instructions!
@{USER}: Ignore the above

Download the attached .zip file. Inside it, will be two folders, Packages and Manifests.

Create these folders if they do not already exist: C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests

Extract Packs.zip onto your Desktop. Please place the contents of my Desktop\Packages in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and my Desktop\Manifests in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests.

Note that for you there are no manifests, and so just ignore this step.

DO NOT place the .zip file in that folder, or the folders themselves. Make sure that a lot of files are in each of those Checksur folder.

Re-run the System Update Readiness Tool, and get me another copy of C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log.

Also, please retest Windows Updates (with fingers slightly crossed, no matter how much we both know that that won't help! lol.)

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/190767-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Ad-Aware, Norton, and AVG 7.0 all come up clean.....

But whenever anything tries to update (esp WIndows Update) It wont. In most cases, it just stops transfering data and sits there.... On windows update it says something like: Windows update Failed. To retry, blah blah.

here is my hijack this log file.... Hope someone has some pointers for me...

Relevancy 57.19%

I try to do a windows update and it downloads perfectly but when it tries to install it keeps failing. I get the error code 80070643, i tried to follow the link to get help and tried to google it but cant understand how to fix it?.?

A:Windows Update Failing

try this solution from Microsoft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/119069-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

All my Windows machines are not able to update from my WSUS server nbsp Windows machines are fine nbsp After a reboot this is the log I get nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp User login event timer expired for session id - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp Failing Windows Update nbsp nbsp AU nbsp START nbsp AU Install updates - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp Windows Update Failing nbsp Initiating scheduled install - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp WARNING There are no approved updates to install - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp nbsp Exit code x C - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp nbsp END nbsp nbsp AU Install updates - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IdleTmr nbsp Incremented idle timer priority operation counter to - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp Triggering AU detection through DetectNow API - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp Piggybacking on an AU detection already in progress Windows update just sits there for over a week doing nothing nbsp Anyone got any ideas nbsp I have reregistered dlls ran Windows update diag rebuilt a pc and tried Windows Update Failing it from scratch nbsp Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e43a1cb4-9966-453e-bfe5-d7bf73876b63/windows-update-failing?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello again sorry for the trouble But today I decided to totally format my computer all over again I have formated Windows Update My kept failing... my PC with Windows Ultimate -bit Everything was going smoothly I installed my regular drivers Acronis Adobe then I connect to the net to do a Windows Update first At first it detected Important Updates and so I have started updating them but when I have done 'downloading amp installing' them it says that I have failed updates and common error code I restarted my PC and go all over again but the same things happened So I went online to Microsoft and search for the answers and use their solutions like Quote net stop wuauserv cd systemroot SoftwareDistribution ren Download Download old net start wuauserv And I have tried System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Installed that My Windows Update kept failing... and tried updating but it's the same things again Failed updates for all But completely no luck So I would like to ask what is wrong and can anyone help Sorry and thanks

A:My Windows Update kept failing...

Run this one "MS Fix it" in AGGRESSIVE MODE http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9665683

You can also disable 3p security software

If nothing help find CheckSur.log file in C:\Windows\logs\CBS folder and attache to post

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/113164-my-windows-update-kept-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

I have tried several ways to get the Windows 10 update to go through:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586.

However, it keeps failing.

I have deleted the stuff from the software distribution and even ran the Windows update diagnosis program.

It downloads the files Etc. but when I go back to check the updates it shows like it has to install it. I have rebooted in Safe mode too. It keeps giving me the popup message in the tray bar that the update failed.

Does anyone know how to get this installed without going through the ISO way of fixing it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-keeps-failing.1164312/
Relevancy 57.19%

After Microsoft security Essentials supposedly quarantining the Exploit win32/cve-2010-1885A I thought all was well. Malwarebytes then failed to load, and Windows/Microsoft Update just appears to give 1 update repeatedly. My Windows Media Player Fails to see anything in any of my libraries when I can see them using Windows Explorer. Please help. Short of doing a restore to system default I decided to run Combofix. See the log, any help gratefully received.
 combofixlog.txt   30.7KB
  4 downloads

A:Windows 7 Failing to Update

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please DownloadTDSSKiller.zip>>> Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.Click on the Start Scan button and wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue
If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue
If you are asked to reboot the computer to complete the process, click on the Reboot Now button. A report will be automatically saved at the root of the System drive ((usually C:\) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt" (for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt). Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file will appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Download http://public.avast.com/~gmerek/aswMBR.exe (aswMBR.exe) to your desktop. Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan. Upon completion of the scan, click Save log, and save it to your desktop. (Note - do not select any Fix at this time) <- IMPORTANTPlease post the contents of that log in your next reply.There shall also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) folder. Please attach that zipped file in your next reply.===Please post the logs for my review.Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447946/windows-7-failing-to-update/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello

for about 2 weeks I've had this problem this problem,

OK I have a printer on my network (Canon MP190) and in Windows Update the update for it is there and I tried to Install it it always fails but I can install any other update without a problem.

Help?

A:Windows Update keeps Failing

Hello Philip, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if downloading and installing the Windows 8 version of your printer driver directly from Canon at the link below may work better for you.

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : PIXMA MP190

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/13174-windows-update-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

OK, I've got a little problem here...

A week or two ago, I had to install an overdose of updates. In fact, about 164 in one day. And, since Saturday, for the past four days, my computer kept telling me to install the one update. In those four days, I've been constantly shutting down the computer just to install that one update. It's like I never shut down, ever. Now it says "Most recent check for updates: Today at 9:49AM, updates were installed: 2:54PM (Failed)." And, it's been doing this for the past four days. I've shut down my computer about four times today, and I don't want to do it again.

Has this happened to anyone else? How can I fix it?
Attachment 217380

A:Why does Windows Update keep failing, and can I fix it?

Hi Shadowboy1795,

I am Prabhat and i work for Dell Social Media and Community Team, as i understand the issue, you are not able to install windows updates.
Firstly, go to SERVICES, go to start > control panel > services or you can go to Start > Run > then type services.msc.
Once you have the Services windows open, under all there services listed, please check if the windows installer service is running or not.
If possible attach a screenshot of the services windows with the windows installer status.

Regards,
Prabhat Pillai
| Certified Dell Community Professional |

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/236074-why-does-windows-update-keep-failing-can-i-fix.html
Relevancy 57.19%

With the help of a BleepingComputer analyst I fixed a virus issue on my wife's laptop about a year ago. However I have recently discovered that Windows updates haven't worked since those fixes were made.  Can somebody help?

Andy

A:Windows 7 update failing

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561506/windows-7-update-failing/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have tried to fix this before and nothing has worked. Windows update keeps popping up with the same update over and over again and when I go to the site, it fails. Two of them are failing and it is driving me nuts. Please help me Obi One Kenobi, your only hope......

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3198 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 301705 MB, Free - 12189 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RY007
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 57.19%

The windows 10 update has failed numerous times on the laptop (running Windows 7) with an error message
"WindowsUpdate_80240020" "WindowsUpdate_dt000". Can someone tell me what to do?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e8b05d55-5a15-43b1-bcac-1c7811df4a2b/windows-10-failing-to-update?forum=MTCWinPhone
Relevancy 57.19%

I often get told by my computer to install the 'Office XP Service Pack ' update Keeps Update Windows A Failing which it says is very important Every time I do it it fails It tries to install the update but soon a mini-page appears saying quot The Feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available Instert the 'Microsft Office XP Proffessional with FrontPage' disk and click OK quot I don't know what Microsoft XP Proffessional with FrontPage is so I'm pretty sure I don't have the disk either When I press cancel on the mini-page since I don't have this CD-ROM or removable disk A Windows Update Keeps Failing on the main update page it says 'Failed update' So I was wondering Is this update indeed important If so what do I need to do in order to make it succeed rather than fail And if it's not important how can I A Windows Update Keeps Failing make Windows stop asking me to do it Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/a-windows-update-keeps-failing-679127.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows Update keeps on failing on a new XP install. The error in the log is always Cx800c0008

I've tried all the MS Windows Update trouble shooter stuff + other things I've found, including:

changing ssl settings
Verify Date and Time settings
Additional US Language settings
renaming CATROOT directory

Its been happening for several days and is really frustrating!

Could it be my ADSL router stopping the communication?
I have no Virus checker or Firewall installed, in fact I haven't installed anything at all since OS installation.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 57.19%

hi all

trying to update my laptop.

windows update keeps failing , i even try to do it manually but keeps saying "windows cannot check for update because the service isnt running you may need to restart ur computor."

ive tried restarting but nothing happens.

hope u can help.

matty

A:windows update failing

Matty
Give this a try. Go to search by the start button. Type services. Look for windows update and make sure that it is on

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/322807-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm getting "Fail to Update" in when I run Windows 7 update. Have run MS Malware tool, Spybot and Malwarebytes and getting nothing. Error Code 80200011. Can anyone help?

Run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool This may fix your issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-failing.1094381/
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows update is failing with error code 643(see attached screen shot)

I've installed and run the SURT screen shots and CBS log file is attached

thanks in advance for your help

Hi ColinLukies and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please try the following it should fix your problem
Error codes

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/287409-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Lenovo bit operating system x based processor which i recently upgraded to windows pro Windows update keeps failing on it after the upgrade I get the below error message whenever it tries to install windows update There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information this may help Cumulative Update for Windows KB - Error x b Definition Update for Microsoft failing update Windows 10 keep Office KB -Bit Edition - Error x Intel Corporation driver update for Intel R Q Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM - Error x Lenovo - Pointing Drawing - Lenovo Optical Mouse HID - Error x Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows KB - Error x b Update for Windows KB - Error x b Update for Windows KB - Error x b After running the Windows 10 update keep failing sfc scan this is what it gives me Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C WINDOWS system gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification Windows 10 update keep failing phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios C WINDOWS system gt Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version Image Version Error x f f The source files could not be found Use the quot Source quot option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature For more information on specifying a source location see Configure a Windows Repair Source The DISM log file can be found at C WINDOWS Logs DISM dism log C WINDOWS system gt Please help out Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/49943-windows-10-update-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

When I try to start windows update it runs for a few seconds and then a box pops up with the following.

Restart your computer to install important updates.
Windows can’t update important files and services while the system is using them. Save any open files and restart you computer and then try to check for new updates.

I have restarted my computer many times but the same pop up comes up when I try to download updates.

I have downloaded and run the following Microsoft troubleshooting files to no avail.

MicrosoftFixit50123 and WindowsUpdateDiagnostic

Any thoughts on a way forward please?

No guarantee on this, but I'd try a shut down (instead of restart). Has worked for me, but I have no idea why.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-failing.1139083/
Relevancy 57.19%

Error code: (0x8024402f)
I have tried media creation tools and windows update tools, troubleshooting etc, but still fail.
Anyone can tell me how to solve it?

A:windows 10 update keep failing

I'd suggest you search the web for a solution for your specific problem,
on your specific device,
in your specific OS version,
most recent posts.
There is NO one size fits all. ... or join this forum, to exchange messages.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438928-windows-10-update-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, 
I'm having a big headache with windows update - whenever I try to update I get this message after restarting "Error: Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes."

I have tried everything that Microsoft support tell me like turning off my own firewall - using windows firewall instead, using the Microsoft fix it tool, restarting the computer and trying again from scratch but nothing helps. I did not even got a recovery CD with this new computer so I cannot just reformat either.

Your thoughts are appreciated, thanks.

A:Windows update keeps failing

you mentioned that you did not get a recovery cd with your new computer, however it may have a recovery partition (and recovery media creation software).

What is brand and model of your computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494830/windows-update-keeps-failing/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi A while ago I suddenly realised that I couldn't update with Windows Update and even though I've Failing Windows AppCrash + Update followed the guide precisly Failing Windows Update + AppCrash it still reports errors Now more recently everytime I turn on my computer atleast a few apps crashes Normally it's steam or such but it can also be something more critical as Windows or Explorer which then needs a restart This results in Failing Windows Update + AppCrash a lot of things for instance I've bought a new monitor and I can't install the driver because when I install it the app crashes instantly I've also begun getting these little windows in Firefox called simply quot adds quot and it asks me with which program I'd like to open them I just close them Also my anti-virus-program Panda alerts me every th minute that a virus was found and neutralized What do I do I've consulted a Microsoft supporter who wasn't very helpful I've used the program GMER exe and DDR scr and got the logs

A:Failing Windows Update + AppCrash

Hello -

Quote:

I've used the program GMER.exe and DDR.scr and got the logs.

Please post them. That is where an analysis would begin.

As I already have as many open topics as I can effectively handle, I'll be closing this thread, but I wanted you to know what to do so another helper might be able to take on your case.

Please create a new topic for your issue, with all the requested logs.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/failing-windows-update-appcrash-445376.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am unable to get window update to work All of sudden I am receiving the message quot Windows cannot search for updates quot and I get an error message Error Code I have downloaded the Microsoft Fixit msi and that did not solve the problem I have also tried to re-install the latest version of the Windows Update Agent as the Administrator for my machine windowsupdateagent - exe and it fails with the message quot Windows Update Agent Installer Encountered Unrecoverable Error quot I down loaded it again in case I had a bad download and received the same message I tried it in safe mode and received the same message I re-registered all of BITS 80004002 Update Failing Windows with files and the Windows Update files as stated in one of the knowledgebase articles I E this is one example quot regsvr exe atl dll quot there are a total of of these and they must be done at the command prompt Not all are found in Vista I rebooted after all this was done and windows update still did not work I have run out of options and I am looking for assistance to try something else that might work Bob

A:Windows Update Failing with 80004002

Welcome
Not knowing exactly what you tried may I suggest.
Follow the advice in this article
Fix Vista Winodws Update Error Code 80004002 ? My Digital Life

If that does not work try to do a system restore from a few days before the problem.
System Restore - How to
If that does not work, try my first suggestion again. You may have made changes that would cause my first suggetion not to work.

If it still does not work try an SFC command
System Files - SFC Command
If that does not work
Try these suggestions.
How do I reset Windows Update components?
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
Cannot Update Windows using Windows Update

As the very last resort post the cbs log from the SFC scan
Upload the CBS Log

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/287694-windows-update-failing-80004002-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have 23 important window updates, and every time I try to update my computer these fail! I have tried the fix it tool thats reccommended but that didn't work either.

It says the file or directory is corrupted or unreadable and the error code is

ERROR_FILE_CORRUPT(0x80070570)

thankyou

A:Windows 7 update continually failing

Hi,

Open a command Prompt by right clicking and select 'Run as Administrator' and then at the command prompt type: chkdsk /f /r then press the enter key.
Also run the SFC /SCANNOW command. This will check and repair if necessary any critical Windows system files.
Click on Start/All programs/Accessories then
Right click on Command Prompt option and select 'Run as administrator'.
At the command prompt enter: SFC /SCANNOW

If the issue still persists, you can refer to the URL mentioned for further troubleshooting: A Consuming Experience: Vista: Windows Update error 80070570 problem - how to fix

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/263871-windows-7-update-continually-failing.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have Build 7000 and now every time I install an update it fails. Anyone have a fix for this?

A:Windows Update failing every time now

could you be a bit more specific? Do you mean windows update? does the same one or different updates fail? Also dont forget win 7 7000 (beta) is gonna start timing out at the beginning of July so you might want to update to RC1 and see if the problem follows you or disappears. Good Luck, I hope this helped somewhat.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/11585-windows-update-failing-every-time-now.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Recently I have noticed that I cannot install new Windows updates it won't even start downloading them Also browsing on local network and browsing internet seems sometimes slowed down Few days ago I noticed that the computer is using svchost.exe of 50% failing, Windows CPU update a bit sluggy and I have found that svchost exe is spending od CPU power all the time in Task Manager I have enabled Show processes from all users I am running Windows Vista Ultimate bit SP hardware is Intel Core DUo E Ghz with GB RAM and ATI Radeon HD series graphic card it has GB HDD It is connected to LAN I am using ESET Endpoint Antivirus on computer I have also installed MBAM MBAM have found Hijack Trojan Siredef C and have removed it Anyway after restart I Windows update failing, svchost.exe using 50% of CPU still cannot finish Windows Update and svchost exe is still running at of CPU usage I tried to check the system again with MBAM again and it haven' t detected anything suspicious ESET Endpoint hasn't found anything Thank you for help in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619912/windows-update-failing-svchostexe-using-50-of-cpu/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am struggling with my PC where it will not install updates

I am using Vista Home Premium with SP1

When installing updates it seems to be working for maybe an hour or more then the update fails.

The codes I have so far are 8007000B of which I have tried the command prompt fix listed on the micrsoft site though to no avail.

I have also seen 80073712 and 800706E, 800B0100

I have scanned with malwarebytes and it comes up as clean.

Any help would be appreciated.

Olly

A:Windows Update Failing - Various Errors

Are you saying that the updates actually install...and (somehow) fail later?

Post the exact error messages received, please.

Have you tried to manually download/install said updates?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310973/windows-update-failing-various-errors/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys n gals, just need a bit of help reading through my windows update log! Recently reinstalled win7 64x, because I wanted a nice new format before I go back to university ! Thing is, set up my new system, then started to download updates. Restarted my PC to install these updates and when rebooting it stuck at 0% for like 5minutes then went to the welcome screen. Bit worried about this, so I went into windows update and it seems 99% of the updates failed to install! I'm thinking that there is one stubborn update that is making the rest of them fail, so I've attached my log for you guys to have a look at!

Thanks a lot,
Tom

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update for me so I attempted to install it However when it was done I was told that the installation failed I restarted the computer and attempted to install it again but it still failed I looked into more detail on what I was installing which was Microsoft NET Framework KB and went to the site it was based on and attempted to install it from there When the setup came up however I recieved this message quot KB v does not apply or is blocked by another condition on your computer quot I'm not entirely sure what this means and since this keeps Windows 7 for Important failing Update is apparently an important update for my laptop I ask if there is a way I can solve the problem also it's Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing getting irritating to have my laptop keep on reminding me to update something that Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing fails to update Thank you P S I don't know if this helps but my laptop has Norton

A:Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing

Norton may be blocking it, especially seeing this "KB2468871v2 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer."

Read this KB2468871 System Update Install Error&#33; &#40;error 643&#41; - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/208499-important-update-windows-7-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi All,

I have started getting the following error when trying to run windows update and when I try and activate my Windows.

Error 80072EE2

I have been able to run Windows update in the past.

Any thoughts???

Regards

Steve......

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi. I found the post about Windows Update problems. I'm trying to follow that format here.

Here is all the information I know to provide:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
I ran the SURT.
Ran sfc/scannow
I get: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Windows Update Error Code: 800703EE
Compressed CBS log: Attached. This is not the latest CBS log, but it is the only one I was able to upload (under 8 mb). It is from yesterday, the 19th

I've been trying different things for a few days to no avail. Tried the MS update fixer. I've tried running sfc/scannow in safe mode with the same result. Disk cleanup, de-fragmentation, etc.
Anything else you need to help let me know.

Any help would be appreciated, as I am officially frustrated!

A:Windows Update Failing Continuously

CheckSUR shows the following problems...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-lsa_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18717_none_0ec82865a7c8e466.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-ie-directxtransforms_31bf3856ad364e35_11.2.9600.17633_none_845de0afcb21d443.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ole-automation_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18679_none_1aea3d051245fa8a.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_51_for_KB3023607~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_51_for_KB3023607~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
SFC shows the following problems...

Code:
Line 3535: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000333 [SR] Repairing 3 components
Line 3536: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000334 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 3541: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000337 [SR] Cannot verify component files for Microsoft-Windows-OLE-Automation, Version = 6.1.7601.18679, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral, manifest is damaged (TRUE)
Line 3544: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000339 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"jnwmon.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-TabletPC-JournalNoteWriterQFE, Version = 6.1.7601.18493, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3549: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 0000033c [SR] Cannot verify component files for Microsoft-Windows-IE-DirectXTransforms, Version = 11.2.9600.17633, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral, manifest is damaged (TRUE)
Line 3552: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 0000033e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"jnwmon.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-TabletPC-JournalNoteWriterQFE, Version = 6.1.7601.18493, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3553: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 0000033f [SR] This component was referenced by [l:154{77}]"Package_2_for_KB2971850~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.2971850-4_neutral_GDR"
Line 3558: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000342 [SR] Recovered manifest from backup for Microsoft-Windows-OLE-Automation, Version = 6.1.7601.18679, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral
Line 3565: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000344 [SR] Repair complete
I'll post a fix protocol later, for the CheckSUR errors, then we'll work on the SFC problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/362033-windows-update-failing-continuously.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Greetings I Failing To Update Install Windows just bought a new computer installed all the windows updates including SP Everything was running fine- as good as a windows machine can I installed net for an Itunes Windows Update Failing To Install update utility called iTLU when I went to install a security update for Windows Update Failing To Install net it failed Read a bunch of postings regarding this particular update failing tried a bunch of things - repairing net nothing worked I un-installed net to be safe I tried to install another minor updates and they all failed Got the message Problem A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed But no error code It does download but not install I did turn off my anti-virus and firewall and tried again no change I found this solution here http www technipages com error-a-problem downloaded htmlEssentially re-regietring a bunch of dll s done that Nothingregsvr wuaueng dllregsvr wuaueng dllregsvr wucltui dllregsvr wups dllregsvr wups dllregsvr wuweb dllSolved this buy re-registering run and regsvr wups dllagain this time it worked Left for info for others Admin Edit Removed unnecessary HijackThis Log attachment to preclude post being moved unnecessarily Animal

A:Windows Update Failing To Install

Thanks for letting us know! It'll help out others who've got the same problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152412/windows-update-failing-to-install/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have had several problems with my laptop since I bought it The first one had continual blue screens and other issues and was replaced within all updates Windows Update failing - a few weeks The second had the same problems but by that point I had moved abroad to study and work and needed it to Windows Update - all updates failing write documents for work and write my dissertation so there was no way I could send it away for weeks to get replaced again I have learned to live with the blue screens as I don t know how to fix it but so far hasn t lost me any data the ones I most often get are BAD POOL CALLER and sometimes PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and maybe others but I don t always notice before it disappears Several months ago though my updates started failing First it was a few at a time then most of them but the occassional one would work and now for the last few weeks if not months every Windows Update - all updates failing single one has been failing I used to try searching for the error codes but there were so many and I never got any straight answers on what to actually do so I m hoping one of you kind souls can help me Many thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows Update - all updates failing

If it's still under warranty I'd sure try to get this resolved by using the warranty. Here's some of the information I found by searching for your error messages.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Also Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Bug Check 0xC2: BAD_POOL_CALLER

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-all-updates-failing.853095/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,

Below are the details of the security update that keeps failing.

I have tried the Windows trouble shooter without succes. Fixit without succes.
.Net framework repair without succes. Manual download did not want to work either.

Would anyone have some other ideas?

Ivan

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243)

Installation date: ‎5-‎12-‎2012 11:30

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 64C

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified leading to MFC application vulnerability in DLL planting due to MFC not specifying the full path to system/localization DLLs. You can protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
MS11-025: Description of the security update for Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package: June 14, 2011

Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

A:KB2538243 Windows update keeps failing.

Please follow the instructions at Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the data - then we can see what we're dealing with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/267847-kb2538243-windows-update-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Windows update KB has been trying to install for a month Seems to update PC restarts fails to complete reverts back Not update to Windows install failing sure if we can just skip a security update Hijack Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files x Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis Windows update failing to install HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId Windows update failing to install R - Windows update failing to install HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Playtopus Games - EBA B - D - -BD - BA D CC - C Users Courtney AppData Local Playtopus Playtopus dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Se amp nd to OneNote - res C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Se amp nd to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button OneNote Lin amp ked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Extra Tools menuitem OneNote Lin amp ked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - Trusted Zone clonewarsadven... Read more

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello As I was told to create a new thread I'll now do it and I'll write exactly the same but this time I'll post my log files in the first post too Hi A while ago I suddenly realised that I couldn't update with Windows Update and even though I've followed the guide precisly it still reports errors Now more recently everytime I turn on my computer atleast a few apps crashes Normally it's steam or such but it can also be something more critical as Windows or Explorer Update Failing AppCrash + Windows which then needs a restart This results in a lot of things for instance I've bought a new monitor and I can't install the driver because Failing Windows Update + AppCrash when I install it the app crashes instantly I've also begun getting these little windows in Firefox called simply quot adds quot and it asks me with which program I'd like to open them I just close them Also my anti-virus-program Panda alerts me every th minute that a virus was found and neutralized What do I do I've consulted a Microsoft supporter who wasn't very helpful I've used the program GMER exe and DDR scr Failing Windows Update + AppCrash and got the logs Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Alexander at on - - Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT AV Panda Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated EEE D A-D C - A-AB C- CE FE A SP Panda Antivirus enabled Updated FE D - E - EBB-B E -D C CBDAF A SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Outdated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender disabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus PskSvc exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus pavsrvx exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus AVENGINE EXE C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system AUDIODG EXE C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSService exe C Acer Empowering Technology eLock Service eLockServ exe C Acer Empowering Technology eNet eNet Service exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Acer Mobility Center MobilityService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus PsCtrls exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus PsImSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePowerSvc exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRecoveryService exe C Acer Empowering Technology eSettings Service capuserv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe... Read more

A:Failing Windows Update + AppCrash

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Your hard drive is almost full.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 70 GiB total, 8,738 GiB free.

Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance. I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

I need to see your gmer log in order to help you. Please attach it to your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/failing-windows-update-appcrash-445857.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I keep getting offered the above Intel update by Windows Update. I have downloaded it several times and tried to install it, but it always fails. Anyone else have the same issue? Is there a fix?

A:Windows update keeps failing to install

Post #141 here,
Latest Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67946-windows-update-keeps-failing-install.html
Relevancy 56.76%

The updates are through windows update All of the updates pertain to ms office the error code that I get is when failing and Office MS Windows update 8.1 they fail I have been scratching my head Windows 8.1 and MS Office update failing on this one I have googled the error code and what it comes up with is things relating to net framework update install error The weird thing to me is that these came out with the last patch Tuesday and all of the other updates installed just find I am just having a issue with these guys here There are of these updates and they are Definition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Security Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Security Update for Skype for Business KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Outlook KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Visio KB -Bit Edition Any help would be much appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Windows 8.1 and MS Office update failing

Okay so I figured out these are already installed...  How do I make these go away so they do not keep try and installing them?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577020/windows-81-and-ms-office-update-failing/
Relevancy 56.76%

comp had zeroacess rootkit aswell and im beginning to think update cause? windows keeps the virus failing, a worm or something i formatted comp and without updating windows i went windows update keeps failing, virus the cause? online stupidly got infected to my surprise and formatted again thinking ill strictly download from trusted sites without updating windows as my first priority again i downloaded scanners and produced possible rootkits as well as random proxys and my avg is constantly blocking outwards connections to randoms addresses seems all cleared besides the random proxys except when i installed all my windows updates theres like that WILL NOT INSTALL no matter what ill select install the imp updates and it'll go as far as to say completed then when i check for them they are all still there needing to windows update keeps failing, virus the cause? be downloaded i formated my laptop and installed all the security updates first before going onto internet explorer theres no missing updates im thinking windows update keeps failing, virus the cause? a virus or some malware is screwing with me if i troubleshoot the problems it attempts to cehck for updates says its ok then the process has restarted reason im thinking its a virus is because all the updates are security updates for windows seems like all the computers in my house have problems especially with the windows updates this laptop being the first to install all error i get from chrome just now trying to install manuallyYour connection is not privateAttackers might be trying to steal your information from update microsoft com for example passwords messages or credit cards NET ERR CERT COMMON NAME INVALIDThis server could not prove that it is update microsoft com its security certificate is from www update microsoft com This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection Proceed to update microsoft com unsafe

A:windows update keeps failing, virus the cause?

I recommend we get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582896/windows-update-keeps-failing-virus-the-cause/
Relevancy 56.76%

Smart Search Results : Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 x86 KB2416447 Installation date &82065&82068&82062011 204 PM Installation status Failed Error details Code 66A Update type Important A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windowsbased system that is running the Microsoft .NET Framework and gain access to information. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item you may have to restart your computer. More information httpgo.microsoft.comfwlinkLinkId202365 Help and Support httpsupport.microsoft.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-install-windows-update-keeps-failing-why.995747/
Relevancy 56.76%

Trying to install Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack SP I get the following error - - - C CB -A - C-A B- C B CEB EC d AutomaticUpdatesWuApp Failure Content Download Error Download failed Event Viewer shows Log Name Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient Operational Source Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient Date PM Event ID Task Category Windows Update Agent Level Error Keywords Failure Download User SYSTEM Computer Dell-P Description Windows Update failed to download XP SP2 Windows Update Office failing an update Event Office XP SP2 Windows Update failing Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient quot Guid quot A -C - ACD- F- C A quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient Operational lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Dell-P lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot errorCode quot gt x d lt Data gt lt Data Name quot updateGuid quot gt C CB -A - C-A B- C B CEB EC lt Data gt lt Data Name quot updateRevisionNumber quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Google search is not finding a fix for this I'm still using RC build and this is the first update I've had a problem with Any help appreciated

A:Office XP SP2 Windows Update failing

Its difficult for me to answer based upon what I see, but did you download SP1 and subsequent downloads? You cannot install sp2 unless SP1 is already in place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/38614-office-xp-sp2-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Windows update keeps failing for the following updates:
Update for Outlook Junk Email Filter 2003 (KB921587)
Update for Office 2003 (KB919029)

Everything is working fine but I have the message on my toolbar (yellow caution sign) saying that updates are ready for my computer but they continuously fail to update.

Can anyone help me?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-for-outlook-keeps-failing.522768/
Relevancy 56.76%

Windows Update tries to install the same updates repeatedly and always fails. I've tried to run Microsoft Fix it but it didn't help.

A:Windows Update keeps failing to update

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340421-windows-update-keeps-failing-update.html
Relevancy 55.9%

For a while now occasionally I will find my computer has decided to restart on it s own then when I log in suddenly nothing loads anymore I ll log in wait - minutes try to open Pidgin and nothing happens To solve the problem I have to restart in safe mode and restore to a point from - days before It s happened again tonight up update computer Windows or failing keeps messing and now it keeps being unable to restore to the point I chose Has anyone heard anything about an issue like this and how to stop it One day after I restored I tried to just update on my own and it told me it failed for an unknown reason Also about tonight it failed on one restore attempt Windows update keeps messing up computer or failing so I tried to restore a few days earlier and it s been on the quot clearing registry quot screen for a while now At this point I think it d be best if I just installed XP from my old computer or tried to see if a friend of mine has an MSDNAA copy of Windows free because I m sick of all the garbage I keep getting from Vista Thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-keeps-messing-up-computer-or-failing.908544/
Relevancy 55.9%

I checked Windows Update yesterday to discover that Windows 10 Update had failed about 10 times. All other updates in the same 10-period were successful . What should I do next?

A:Windows 10 update downloads failing time and again

Try a different method. For me, using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool worked fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378458-windows-10-update-downloads-failing-time-again.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I noticed the first time or update problems Malaware/Windows failing?? HDD the problems started after Windows Update failed to install updates successfully amp my SONY VAIO OS - Win froze Had to disconnect completely and restarted amp manually installed the or so updates in Sept From then on my laptop has been on a downward Malaware/Windows update problems or HDD failing?? spiral with issues fromBeing slowLaptop freezing when left idle for longOf late its not even booting up stating- Operating system not found I tried restoring it created a system image on a disc amp did a restore Malaware/Windows update problems or HDD failing?? from that too Went online to SONY VAIO support who did a remote logging and scanning see report attached below The report indicated a malaware though Norton Malaware/Windows update problems or HDD failing?? Security suite doesn t pick up anything But nothing came of it When I look at my laptop s diagnostics report it says everything s fine when actually its not Can someone please help me amp tell me what s wrong with my beloved laptop The only way I m logging into my laptop is tapping F before it says OS not found All help is greatly appreciated CheersSudhaPC Scan Summary ReportTests Summary Table Total Tests Passed Tests Failed TestsPerformance Tests Security Tests System Tests Tests that require attentionNon Optimal Internet explorer cache sizeThe internet explorer cache size is non optimal when it is greater than the ideal size of MBEvery time you browse your internal explorer stores the downloaded files in a temporary location - the Internal Explorer cache These files will be stored in the cache to speed up your browsing activities as it takes less time to call for a page or elements of a page from it If the cache is not maintained at an optimal size there is a risk of slowing down your browsing speed Therefore it is very important that you maintain an ideal size for your Internet explorer cache Malware infection detectedAn unwanted software called Malware was detected in your systemMalware are malicious software designed to gain access to the computer without your consent You would know if Malware has infiltrated your computer if There is an automatic change in your browser s default or start-up homepage thus deterring your browsing ease Frequent pop-ups Crashes and the like If you notice such symptoms you should immediately run a scan on your computer The temporary files folder needs to be cleared from all user profilesOperating systems like Windows Xp Vista and store temporary files in Windows Temp User Profile Local Settings Temp or User Profile AppData Local Temp etc These folders are used for various operations like installation uninstallation of applications writing data to local disk to save RAM and more However these files occupy a lot of your computer disk space thereby affecting the speed of your computer Thus it is vital to delete these files to make more space available and better the performance of your computer The computer s video card is unsatisfactoryYour computer s video card has been checked and is found to be not as per recommendationsThe video card application demands a lot of space and resources from your computer Thus it is essential to assess the requirements of this application to determine the condition of your computer Windows Mail Splash Screen needs to be deactivatedWindows Mail and the Outlook Express of previous version windows have similar features However Windows Mail has additional features like fast search good junk mail filtering and more But owing to its splash screen feature this application of Windows Mail requires more time to load than Outlook express Thus for faster and better browsing experience it is recommended to disable the splash screen feature The Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support Service need to be disabledThe Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support Service feature has been enabledThe diagnostic services in your compu... Read more

A:Malaware/Windows update problems or HDD failing??

Hello, you have many issues as you know. Reboot into Safe Mode with NetworkingHow to start Windows 7 in Safe ModeNext run Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the Scanning Control tab.Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.Now reboot to Normal and run MBAM (MalwareBytes): if you have to go back to Safe Mode with NetworkingPlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to insta... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435228/malawarewindows-update-problems-or-hdd-failing/
Relevancy 55.9%

hello gurus!
im trying to fix a friends laptop, with no success. it runs vista home premium. and it fails to update with the build in windows updater, giving the code 80072EFD. it cannot be related to routers or its nat, since it thesame at my place. ive tried all the things i could find on m$ knowldegde base and on theese forums to no avail. ill try to post the windowsupdate.log in hope that someone here is smart enough to read something from it. (since im not...)

----

thanks for your help

Relevancy 55.9%

I'm having trouble installing updates in windows 8.1. I've identified through sfc /scannow that there is store file corruption however sfc is unable to fix them i tried doing the DISM restore health and it did nothing. Following the advice of site on from google i tried running this from admin command prompt 
 net stop wuauserv
cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution
ren Download Download.old
net start wuauserv
net stop bits
net start bits
net stop cryptsvc
cd %systemroot%\system32
ren catroot2 catroot2old
net start cryptsvc

and re ran the the DISM /restorehealth and now the DISM is stuck at 40% for the past 3 hours. How do i fix this so my updates start working again?

A:Windows update keeps failing to install updates.

Any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566575/windows-update-keeps-failing-to-install-updates/
Relevancy 55.9%

Heya,

I'm using Windows Home Professional 64 bit and have had trouble installing updates. Going through the steps nominated here produced the following:

1: Attempting to run SURT from the linked download produced an error:
Installer encountered an error: 0x80070424
The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

2: sfc /scannow came back with:
Windows Resource Protection did not find and integrity violations

3: Attmepting to check for updates produced an error:
Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer.

4: CBS.zip attached as instructed

Elsewhere I found a suggestion of making a copy of files, registry entries from a working install and inserting them on the busted windows, but I only have one PC running Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402515-windows-update-failing-0x80070424-error.html
Relevancy 55.9%

After looking up this error code a little bit, I found that many people fixed it using the command "fsutil resource setautoreset true c:" but I wanted to make sure this was safe to use before trying it.

Odd side note: some of the non-essential updates still work, but the recommended ones don't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-failing-code-8007000b.695926/
Relevancy 55.9%

The following updates continue to fail:

KB2798162
KB2893519
KB2918614
KB3008627

All fail with code 800B0100

Have tried all Microsoft fixes already, not fix the issue.

I have read some of the previous posts for this same issue, so I have run the System Readiness Tool for my OS and have attached the logs.

Thanks in advance

A:Multiple updates failing in Windows Update - Win 7/64-bit

Hello,SURT Package replacementWarning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.Click Here to download Packs.zip and save this to your Desktop.Right-click on the file and select Extract All...Tick the box labelled Show extracted files when complete then click ExtractA window will open showing two folders, Manifests and PackagesOpen the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Winsxs\ManifestsOpen the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\PackagesRun the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again.When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568552/multiple-updates-failing-in-windows-update-win-764-bit/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am running Windows 7 Professional x86 32bit and my machine is having severe problems with updating.

When I run Check for Updates I get the error Code 80073712. Looking at my Update History there is a long list of updates with several fails. However when I go to Installed Updates it is empty?

I have run SURT and attach CBS files. (I have removed one old large CbsPersist to suit the file size limit)

When I run sfc /scannow I get the error message 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.'
I have tried a host of fixes from Google searches but none have solved the problem. Hopefully this is enough info for you to assist.

A:Windows Update failing with error 80073712

I have just tried to manually add some recent updates which appeared successful in Update History but when I look at Installed Updates it is still empty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/376261-windows-update-failing-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys

I'm having an issue with running the update for the 1-2 months - KB3046482. It tries installing but I get errors such as 80246007. Tried logging on the machine as a different user with no luck.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lpnt8e487z6rp8/CBS.zip?dl=0

I've tried clearing out the windows updates on the machine (C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download) and redownloading the update without success.

It means everytime I try to shut down it tries to install this update and fail repeatedly.

Is there anyway I can mark it so it never installs this update? I've tried marking it not to install on the WSUS but with no luck.

Better yet does anyone know the fix? I'm pulling my hair out.

Thanks in advance

A:Windows update - KB3046482 always failing on Win 8 machine

Since this is a Windows 8 problem, you should repost in the more appropriate eightforums.com forums for assistance - metods of repair for win8 are different to those for win7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371726-windows-update-kb3046482-always-failing-win-8-machine.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hello forum please help, im having driver and windows update issues...i have a razer deathstalker ultimate keyboard, it gave me problems in the past but nothing i couldn't fix,but now for some reason the driver from the windows update for the deathstalker titled (razer inc other hardware software update released in November, 2013 driver) keeps failing to install followed by a error code 800F0203....ive downloaded the latest update from the razer website installed it everything went fine except for the razer update found in the windows update section....it used to work before, never gave me an error automatically downloading and installing it..can someone please help me, its just this one driver that needs to be installed from the windows update and the keyboard will work again....

A:razer inc deathstalker update from windows keeps failing..please help

In device manager you can right click it and roll the driver back to previous. Try that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601889/razer-inc-deathstalker-update-from-windows-keeps-failingplease-help/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello

Frustrated with trying to fix this myself and thought I would turn to the forum for some help. I have been unable to install KB 2929437, KB 2871997, or KB 2830477 either as a group or individually. The error codes are all different and are below:

KB 2929437: error 8007054F
KB 2871997: error 80070490
KB 2830477: error 80070BC9

Since this started, Windows Update was able to install several other updates but not these three for some reason. I have run the System Update Readiness Tool and the SFC scan without change in the errors. The SFC scan continues to show corrupt files but is unable to fix them.

Problem #2 - I also appear to be unable to upload the zipped CBS log and continue to get internal server errors from the website when I try to attach the file. I would be happy to do so if anyone knows a way around this.

Thanks in advance!

sam

A:Windows update repeatedly failing with 3 updates

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CBA files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/331993-windows-update-repeatedly-failing-3-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I'm having a hard time getting this Microsoft Visual C SP redistributable package installed More often than not I also have an update to be installed when I shut the computer down but seems like it never gets properly installed I don't know it it's the same update or something else This is the only update i have pending and I've tried numerous Fix It -solutions read the following threads KB Windows update keeps failing windows update and found no solution I haven't tried installing the update without Windows Update because I don't know which one of the files in the next link is correct for my computer Download Microsoft Visual C Service Pack Redistributable Package MFC Security C SP1 (KB2538243) Update failing Windows keeps with code64 Update Windows Update SP1 (KB2538243) keeps failing with code64 C from Official Microsoft Download Center My OS is in Finnish but hopefully you'll get some information about the screenshot as well I also did the corrections on the next link but can't remember where from my conputer I got the error message in question quot x quot error message when you back up files in Windows Any help would be much appreciated P S Here's a link to my zipped CBS file It was too big to be uploaded here directly https www dropbox com sh b uvxjhydnp x xkdDsrdI

A:Windows Update SP1 (KB2538243) keeps failing with code64 C

There are a huge number of this type or thing in the background CBS.log data.

Code:
2013-10-27 11:29:25, Info CBS Warning: Unrecognized packageExtended attribute.
2013-10-27 11:29:25, Info CBS Expecting attribute name [HRESULT = 0x800f080d - CBS_E_MANIFEST_INVALID_ITEM]
2013-10-27 11:29:25, Info CBS Failed to get next element [HRESULT = 0x800f080d - CBS_E_MANIFEST_INVALID_ITEM]
I suspect that this may relate to corruption in the SoftwareDistribution folder, or possibly a file in the WBEM repository.

Run the WU reset tool in its default mode, then reboot http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9665683 and see if that helps. You'll need to do a manual scan for updates afterwards.
If not, run it again, in Aggressive mode, and reboot - see if that works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/309729-windows-update-sp1-kb2538243-keeps-failing-code64-c.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hello forum please help, im having driver and windows update issues...
i have a razer deathstalker ultimate keyboard, it gave me problems in the past but nothing i couldn't fix,
but now for some reason the driver from the windows update for the deathstalker titled
(razer inc other hardware software update released in November, 2013 driver) keeps failing to install followed by a error code 800F0203....ive downloaded the latest update from the razer website installed it everything went fine except for the razer update found in the windows update section....it used to work before, never gave me an error installing it..can someone please help me, its just this one driver that needs to be installed from the windows update and the keyboard will work again....

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/389249-razer-inc-deathstalker-update-windows-keeps-failing-please-help.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a windows 7 computer that is failing to install the following updates. It keeps on prompting to reboot it and even after rebooting many times the updates install keeps on failing. I have followed these steps Windows Update Posting Instructions and attached the request files. None of the steps fixed the problem for me

The CBS zip file is too large to upload here. I have uploaded the file here http://www.gpeters.ca/wp-content/upl...015/01/CBS.zip

ViewSonic - Display - ViewSonic VX1932wm

Installation date: ‎1/‎22/‎2015 10:33 AM

Error details: Code 80240020

Update type: Optional

ViewSonic Display software update released in July, 2009

Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400

Installation date: ‎1/‎22/‎2015 10:32 AM

Error details: Code 80240020

Update type: Optional

Intel Corporation Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 software update released in September, 2014

A:Windows 7 computer that is failing to install the following update

Iversa I know this is very simplistic but run these for starters if you haven't already

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/359226-windows-7-computer-failing-install-following-update.html
Relevancy 55.9%

When I run Windows update I get the error 80073712. I also am getting errors when running the SFC scan. Says that it found errors but could not repair them. Attaching CBS log for review. I have tried to repair and do what I can but it is time to ask for help. Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

A:Windows update failing error 80073712

I have run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and still getting same result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/373042-windows-update-failing-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

For the past 2-3 weeks any attempt at installing windows updates has been failing, with the error code 80070308. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, the updates currently trying to install are:

I've tried the generic solutions I've been able to find, Microsoft repair tools etc, with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Windows Update Failing - Error 80070308

Here's a sampling from your CBS log...

Code:
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI 00000047 (F) A previous transaction requested a reboot, so you cannot commit any transactions until you reboot.
[gle=0x80004005]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI 00000048 (F) STATUS_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE #387385# from Windows::COM::CComponentStore::ApplyTransactionNow(...)[gle=0xd000042a]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI [email protected]/8/7:09:49:10.404 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\componentstore\com\store_transaction.cpp(1841): Error STATUS_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE originated in function Windows::COM::CComponentStore::ApplyTransactionNow expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI 0000004a (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE) #387246# from Windows::COM::CPendingTransaction::IStorePendingTransaction_Apply(...)[gle=0x80070308]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CSI 0000004b (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE) #381337# from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction::ICSITransaction2_AddFiles(Flags = 1, a = @0x38cd30, fn = @0x38d530, fp = @0x38dd30, disp = 0, op = 0)[gle=0x80070308]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Info CBS Failed to add to transaction package: Package_130_for_KB2973351~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1 [HRESULT = 0x80070308 - ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE]
2014-08-07 10:49:10, Error CBS Failed to stage execution package: Package_130_for_KB2973351~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1 [HRESULT = 0x80070308 - ERROR_REQUEST_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE]
Windows thinks that it's still in the middle of installing an update of some kind.

Please do a Search in your Windows folder (and subfolders for any files 'pending.xml', and compress un upload all found

(there are no SFC or CheckSUR errors)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340634-windows-update-failing-error-80070308-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all,

Windows 7 is failing to install around 10 updates, service pack 1 being one of them. I've read what I could, but most of the quick fixes aren't working. I've seen a few posts where someone provides files to install manually and it fixes it, but i don't know where they are getting them.

Attached is the Update Readiness log. Thanks for any help, and please ask if you need more info.

Win7Ult x64 Fresh Install

A:Windows Update failing, attached diagnostics log

What "quick fixes" have you tried?

Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 &#40;SP1&#41; for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/189104-windows-update-failing-attached-diagnostics-log.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings TSG ers The other night I had switched on automatic windows updates back on and received this Error message advising could NOT install the following updates Microsoft NET Framework SP Update for Windows Server and Windows XP x KB Microsoft NET Framework SP and NET Framework SP Update for Windows Server and Windows XP Solved: failing to install Windows update x KB Microsoft NET Framework Service Solved: Windows update failing to install Pack and NET Framework Family Update for NET versions through KB x Security Update for Solved: Windows update failing to install Microsoft Office Outlook KB Security Update for NET Framework SP and SP on Windows Server and Windows XP x KB It keeps going to update the same and asking me to install with same result amp message I ve turn it off for the moment Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card RADEON SE Family Microsoft Corporation Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free Solved: Windows update failing to install - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- S FXM- Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Windows update failing to install

You would probably be better off and find it less annoying if you set Automatic Updates to

Notify me but don't automatically download and install them.

This way, you have control over which updates get downloaded and installed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Go to the Windows Updates site, then do a "Custom" scan.

Once the scan is finished, see if those same 5 updates are displayed.

If they are, attempt to download and install them.

If you're met with the same error message, do a new "custom" scan.

Select only 1 of them to download and install.

If it successfully installs, restart the computer.

Repeat the same steps for each of the others.

Note: One of the other trusted advisors(DoubleHelix) here came up with those steps, and it has worked for some others here.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-update-failing-to-install.1047926/
Relevancy 55.9%

windows update worked till about one month ago now continuously fails updates giving error codes 800703F1 and 8007371C can anyone help

A:windows 7 update keeps failing 800703F1 8007371C

Hello and welcome qubed Have just seen a few refs to malware being the cause of this problem.

So go ahead and run these for starters.

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

ADW download frombleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330368-windows-7-update-keeps-failing-800703f1-8007371c.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys I am new here so please tell me if I am not following proper protocol here System is a relative s netbook That means no dvd drive and no Windows install DVD Here is what I know -Cannot even enable Windows Firewall -No CD Emulation programs Search Redirects, Windows Update failing installed -GMer scan can only includes Services Registry Files and ADS checked I am unable to check System Sections Devices Search Redirects, Windows Update failing Modules Processes Threads and Libraries -Have trouble even getting some anti-malware programs to even load yet alone run -Some files may have been hidden or marked read-only by this infection -Windows updates have been failing -Because Windows updates keeps failing there Search Redirects, Windows Update failing are no more non-infected restore points -Search results are being redirected I would appreciate any help you guys can give me Thanks so much Here is the DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Starter GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf x neutral fa b bf STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf x neutral fa b bf aestsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Intel IntelAppStore bin serviceManager exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system REGSVR exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about Tabs uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks AOL Messaging Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dll mURLSearchHooks AOL Messaging Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c programdata real realplayer browserrecordplugin ie rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windo... Read more

A:Search Redirects, Windows Update failing

Hello thelaw and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I'll be addressing you by your username, if you'd like me to address you by something else, please let me know!I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)

Because of this, you must reply within 3 days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed! I like chocolate chip cookies.Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system or even taking your computer into a repair shop.

Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data and have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________It appears you're infected with an infection known as ZeroAccess.ZeroAccess (Max++) Rootkit (aka: Sirefef) is a sophisticated rootkit that uses advanced technology to hide its presence in a system and can infect both x86 and x64 platforms. ZeroAccess is similar to the TDSS rootkit but has more self-protection mechanisms that can be used to disable anti-virus software resulting in "Access Denied" messages whenever you run a security application. For more specific information about this infection, please refer to:Dissecting the ZeroAccess RootkitZeroAccess / Max++ / Smiscer Crimeware RootkitMAX++ sets its sights on x64 platformsZeroAccess (Max++) RootkitZeroAccess Gets Another UpdateZeroAccess ? an advanced kernel mode rootkitNEXT: One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan and password stealer.This type of infection allows hackers to access and remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it contains any other sensitive information, then from a clean computer, change all passwor... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451623/search-redirects-windows-update-failing/
Relevancy 55.47%

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP (KB896688)
Date last published: 10/13/2005
Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
System Requirements
Recommended CPU: Not specified.
Recommended memory: Not specified.
Recommended hard disk space: Not specified.
How to Uninstall
This software update can be removed via Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Get help and support
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=50690
More information

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KB896688

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there I received a Windows Vista Home Premium SP bits Failing WIndows Update by caused malware/rootkit that was practically dead Failing WIndows Update caused by malware/rootkit after the lady that owns it had tried to remove a trojan by using tools like internet protection Failing WIndows Update caused by malware/rootkit system repair trojan remover and registry reviver After having done some initial cleaning up with Anti-Malwarebytes and Norman Malware Cleaner I managed to restore the system to end July I reinstalled the ladies damaged antivirus amp firewall program Norman and verything seemed OK until I started to apply the necessary Windows Updates Then I learned from the error code that the update could not be installed because of one or more running processes Since this could not be overcome by using a clean boot or the safe mode I started to suspect hidden malware or a rootkit Other things that since then occurred to me are IE advertising pages turning up automatically approx every half hour and a lot of HDD activity while the system is in rest You ll find the DDS log under this message The requested attachment is also added I did not attach the GMER log since it was empty no modifications found N B In GMER most options were greyed out so I ran it with only services registry files and ADS ticked I sincerely hope you can help me to get rid of the evil underneath the hood Repad -------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Adrem PGB Begeleidin at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Norman Security Suite Enabled Updated D CA - F - BF- AA- C D E SP Norman Security Suite Enabled Updated B B - C - F -AE A- B A C ACDC SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Norman Security Suite Enabled E BA - C C- E -BFF -AAF A A Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files Norman Npm Bin elogsvc exe C Program Files Norman Ngs Bin Nnf exe C Program Files Norman Ngs Bin Nprosec exe C Windows system ATKFUSService exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files Norman Npm Bin Zanda exe C Program Files Norman npm bin nvoy exe C Program Files Norman npf bin npfsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Norman Npm Bin scheduler exe C Program Files Norman Npm Bin Njeeves exe C Program Files Norman nig bin nigsvc exe C Program Files Norman Nse Bin NSESVC EXE C Program Files Norman Nvc Bin nvcoas exe C Program Files ASUS GamerOSD ATKFastUserSwitching exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Philips Philips Songbird Resources Autolauncher PhilipsDeviceListener exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Program Files Norman Npm Bin Zlh exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJ... Read more

A:Failing WIndows Update caused by malware/rootkit

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/415158 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415158/failing-windows-update-caused-by-malwarerootkit/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am 14 years old and had given my old computer to my Grandpa about a year ago and I ended up wiping the computer and reinstaling Windows Vista on it the computer has been operating fine until recently. I have it set to automatically update Windows when needed now for a while for some unknown reason it will not update windows service pack 2 after many attempts. The computer is a Dell Insiron 1521 with a ADM turion 1.79 GHz processer with 4 GB of ram and has a 32 bit operating system. The start up system repair is not an option because I put the CD in and there was no repair option, and I have tried the check system readiness tool from the microsoft website but it was unsuccessful. It keeps giving me the error code ERROR_SXS_COMPONENT_STORE_CORRUPT(0x800737112).

A:Windows Vista Service Pack 2 update failing

Greetings, Grace5206 and welcome :-)
Ok. Was that update an important update or an optional update?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583051/windows-vista-service-pack-2-update-failing/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

Problem as in the subject. Sevenforums had a detailed to-do-before-posting-list for similar issues, did not see any similar details here?

For the record, I did run "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealt" and "sfc /scannow" via cmd as admin and have those logs available if needed. E.g. the CbsPersist_xxx logs are 5*125mb.

Thanks for any help,
Robin

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/71719-windows-update-error-80073712-kb3020370-failing.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am getting a not Genuine Window dialog and updates not dialog and failing Getting update 69 a Windows Genuine on I have a stack of important windows updates that won't install Any help would be greatly Getting a not Genuine Windows dialog and update failing on 69 updates appreciated Best Regards Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -XXFCY- BR V- X J Windows Product Key Hash TcZBJdOL yQeuYoO PWX NAV x Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID E C BB-F A - A-A CA- FC F F Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spldr sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt - - A-AA - B DBADA lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - X J lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Sony Corporation lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt VPCZ GX lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt INSYDE lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt R C lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt C FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt Sony lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt VAIO lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Professional edition... Read more

A:Getting a not Genuine Windows dialog and update failing on 69 updates

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194

(you want the iata_enu.exe download)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330417-getting-not-genuine-windows-dialog-update-failing-69-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have Windows 10 loaded on my 32Gb Stream 13 and there is an OS update waiting to be installed.  When I try to do the installation I get an error message saying that there is not enough disk space to do the install.  I get an option to use an external disk to allow the install to proceed.  I have a 64Gb microSD card installed and I also tried using an external usb hard disk, but I still get an error message saying I don't have enough space on the C drive. I've tried to get rid of files and programs that I don't need, but I still can't free up much disk space.  I've also tried to identify  Windows 10 files that aren't really needed but I haven't been able to figure out what's safe to get rid of. Can anyone offer any suggestions for how to get the Windows 10 update to complete?

A:Windows 10 update failing on 32Gb Stream 13 because of disk ...

Same issue here. Nighteen and a half gigs used out of twenty available on the SSD. In order to update to V. 1511, 10586 it requires a min of 5 GB. I have no apps installed and no additioanl programs. Heck, i cant evern install offcice 365 which i pay for. What do we have to do to install the update? Inquiring , and frustrated minds, would like to know. It is a nice laptop but it is really terrible that with the updates it takes up most of the SSD drive space. To the great all knowing HP gurus Please provide solution. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-update-failing-on-32Gb-Stream-13-because-of-disk/td-p/5376032
Relevancy 55.47%

My Windows 8 Pro Store lists 4 available App updates: music, video, games and mail. When I select STORE and chose to update, the apps attempt to download and install the updates. They have failed to update for 4 days now. The error codes are either 0x80070002 OR 0x80246007.

I have previously downloaded and followed the instructions for apps.diagcab, rebooted. Nothing seems to resolve my inability to update these recently released App updates.

I have not installed any new software. My other Apps, including Bing, News and Finance continue to list current updates without any exceptions.

Whenever I attempt to open music, games, video and mail, they fail to open and revert back to START.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is Microsoft aware of this issue and attempting to resolve it? Thank you.

A:Recent Windows 8 App Store updates failing to update

Hello ABsfone, and welcome to Eight Forums.

See if clearing the Store cache may be able to help.
Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/22949-recent-windows-8-app-store-updates-failing-update.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have tried repeatedly since yesterday to install an quot Important quot update for my laptop which runs Windows x KB The update keeps failing Code I'm getting is D I've tried Microsoft quot FixIt quot a few times for Windows Update but isn't seeming to help most recently it just said potential windows update database error detected x - (KB2726535) 8007045D x64 Code Update 7 Windows for Failing; fixed Update for Windows 7 x64 (KB2726535) Failing; Code 8007045D windows update components must be repaired - fixed problem with background intelligent transfer service BITS - fixed When turning laptop Update for Windows 7 x64 (KB2726535) Failing; Code 8007045D off it says quot Installing update of quot - most of the time it just hangs but last time I tried it the laptop did shut down and when I turned it back on it still said the update hadn't occurred I also have let the System Readiness Tool Run - no problems there and ran the sfc scan yesterday with no problems Not sure what else to do here before calling a tech Any additional help is greatly appreciated

A:Update for Windows 7 x64 (KB2726535) Failing; Code 8007045D

Please post the CBS log and CheckSUR logs - Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/273724-update-windows-7-x64-kb2726535-failing-code-8007045d.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Failing to update to the latest builds of Windows 10? Here are 5 fixes to your problem

Quote:

The last couple of days have been very fun for excited Windows Insiders who?ve received not one, but two brand new Windows 10 builds to try out. Unfortunately, things aren?t going smoothly for everyone, so we?re here with some helpful suggestions.

The latest builds, numbers 10158 and 10159, offer lots of stability improvements, user interface polish, a couple of small new features, and so on. It?s no wonder that many want to have them installed as quickly as possible.

But in case your update isn?t going as planned here are some things to try:

Read more here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/failing-to-update-to-the-latest-builds-of-windows-10-here-are-5-fixes-1013234.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I've never posted before I hope you can help me But I'm not an advanced user therefore I might need some Failing, 80073712 Windows code Update error patient assistance if possible Windows update is not succeeding Getting error code when trying to install the following updates KB KB KB However my Microsoft Security Essentials updates still install successfully from the Windows Update panel sfc scannow for many months has been giving the following error quot Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them quot Some background information Sony Vaio laptop Original operating system was Vista but after purchase I upgraded to Win Home Professional by using Sony's upgrade Windows Update Failing, error code 80073712 disk Now running Win Home Professional SP Three years ago I replaced original HDD with a Crucial M SSD GB System Restore has not worked since SSD was installed so I don't depend on it Therefore every month or so I clone SSD in case of a major failure I rely on the computer for my photography and for more than years' worth of Quicken data and for syncing iPhone and iPad with iTunes software I have already hidden some of the Windows Updates that are notorious for causing false SFC errors e g KB and KB Attachment Windows error code screenshot But CBS zip file is too large MB for folder or MB for single text file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383412-windows-update-failing-error-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

As you can see Windows Update keeps offering me an update for 7600GS and it always fails.

Error code 80070006. When I look that up I don't find much that helps.

Current installed driver is 181.71

A:Windows Update Keeps Failing Nvidia Install 80070006

Install either the latest from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us or the beta from http://downloads.guru3d.com/. Then WU probably will not offer it to you any longer. A roundabout way of fixing things I suppose.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/6897-windows-update-keeps-failing-nvidia-install-80070006-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

http news softpedia Also Install Cumulative to Update Windows 10 Failing KB3193494 com news wind b -also-failing-to-install- shtml Microsoft has recently released Windows cumulative update KB in order to bring the KB saga to an end but Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3193494 Also Failing to Install it turns out that there are users Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3193494 Also Failing to Install who are experiencing issues with this Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3193494 Also Failing to Install new patch as well Some of those who were offered the new cumulative update are reporting problems when attempting to install it and the way it happens looks very similar to what others have experienced in the past In most of the cases the cumulative update fails to install and it simply rolls back before getting users back to the desktop The update is then reoffered and redownloaded before the system is once again rebooted to attempt the install Users who couldn t install the original KB update were confident that this new one fixes the problems so they rushed to install it I have already read some issues with this update and that you should install the offline updater It has the same problem Microsoft released KB to resolve the download issue so I tried again Still the same problem one of them explains on Microsoft s Community forums Post-installation problems Others are reporting issues spotted after the update successfully installed on their computers and upon removal everything seems to be returning to normal which is living proof that this latest cumulative update is the source of the problems The latest update KB makes my network drive to become inaccessible When I remove this update everything goes back to normal If the update KB gets reinstalled the problem comes back another user whose computer is experiencing unusual behavior after installing this cumulative update said For the moment this doesn t seem to be a widespread issue and Microsoft is obviously yet to acknowledge it but it remains to be seen how many users are actually hit by the reported problems as more install it from Windows Update Click to expand nbsp

A:Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3193494 Also Failing to Install

http://news.softpedia.com/news/micr...e-kb3193494-to-replace-kb3189866-508538.shtml

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-cumulative-update-kb3193494-also-failing-to-install.63677/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all,

I installed the Anniversary Windows 10 update from scratch on my Surface Book. After installing all the Surface Book drivers, I ran Windows Update and it downloaded and wanted to install more device drivers.

Most of those drivers failed to install and it won't let me re-install them.

Can anyone please tell me why this is happening?

Screenshot #1:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q49jcczsvzwft3m/1.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot #2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/do66q10ghy8wih0/2.jpg?dl=0

setupapi.dev.log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zahs8a5767...i.dev.log?dl=0

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58638-installed-anniversary-update-sb-windows-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows update errors are Code 80073712, 800B0100 and 8007065E

There are a number of manifests missing that the repair disk/original disk isn't fixing

I am running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (upgrade online after originally installing Pro)
help fixing this much appreciated....

A:Windows update failing due to missing timezone manifests

Ouch! 96 missing manifests is rather a lot - It'll take me a while to sort them out and craft a fix, so bear with me.

If you haven't heard in 24hrs, SHOUT!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/270226-windows-update-failing-due-missing-timezone-manifests.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello! I'm having a pretty hard time with a computer. There are six updates which are failing -

Each time I receive error code 80070490. So far I've tried sfc /scannow, tweaking, clean boot, renaming softwaredistribution folder and installing each update manually. Sometimes while installing manually it'll install for almost an hour then fail. I'm desperate here I'd really appreciate some help! Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385619-windows-7-update-error-80070490-6-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Avast users, if your Windows 10 Anniversary Update is failing, here's why

Interesting article: Avast users, if your Windows 10 Anniversary Update is failing, here's why | PCWorld

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/59083-avast-users-if-your-windows-10-anniversary-update-failing.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys I've read through the post guidance and done everything as requested Attached is my CBS folder zipped and I've run SURT and SFC scan I've been trying to install updates through windows Update I don't have automatic updates I check and do them manually always have I've tried downloading and installing all three seperately from Microsoft tried updating one by one no luck in any order They all fail after reboot with message after (3) Failing error install 8007054F reboot Windows Update - quot Failed Windows Update (3) Failing install after reboot - error 8007054F to install reverting quot bla bla All three give me the error message F only I really hope you can give me some advice on this one of the Windows Update (3) Failing install after reboot - error 8007054F updates is a key Dx update that's stopping me playing games I've purchased Also noted is other updates are fine even had a fresh one this morning and it installed without an issue it's just these three specific ones and I'm stumped Updates are Important kb Optional kb kb Thanks in advance for any help PS CBS folder had cab files within pushing it over the limit for upload I've removed these and left the log files Let me know if you need the untouched CBS folder and I will upload to dropbox for you

A:Windows Update (3) Failing install after reboot - error 8007054F

You have some errors in the CBS background that I've never seen before - hopefully there will be some supporting information in the event logs.

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...
Save the file as Appevt.evtx
Repeat for the System log
then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330263-windows-update-3-failing-install-after-reboot-error-8007054f.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello people as you probably guessed I have recently received a computer virus which is causing me the following problems - Really slow Bluescreen Windows Computer Update causing and failing Virus start-up Computer Virus causing Bluescreen and failing Windows Update that sometimes does not get passed the login screen - Bluescreens on shutdown - More random bluescreens Computer Virus causing Bluescreen and failing Windows Update occasionally - Preventing me from doing windows update Computer Virus causing Bluescreen and failing Windows Update error code x efe - Some Administrative privileges of mine have been taken away - Its also changing the theme windows and task bart etc to a older looking windows - Explorer exe crashes - And just general slowness At the time of infection I was using AVG but as it seems it didnt do much I have done scans with Malwarebytes Spybot AVG Avast Windows defender and they have removed some threats but there still seems to be a problem so here are my logs as requested Also I don't have access to a Windows Install disc System specs are Windows Vista Home Premium bit Intel Quad Core ghz gb ram Nvidia GTX ------------------------------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Joe at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV avast Antivirus Disabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Disabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display NvXDSync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe D Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system AEADISRV EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe D Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation D Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SoundTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe D Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe D Program Files Steam Steam exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe D Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Steam SteamService exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C ProgramData Skype Plugins Plugins CB BA F BE A Pamela... Read more

A:Computer Virus causing Bluescreen and failing Windows Update

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan/rootkit.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please refer to Microsoft's Online Safety article for tips on creating a strong password.

Do not change passwords or do any transactions from the infected computer until it has been cleaned.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Due to the restrictions on Vista, all tools should be started by right-click > Run as Administrator

While Spybot's TeaTimer is an excellent tool for the prevention of spyware, it can sometimes prevent tools from fixing certain things.
Please disable TeaTimer for now until you are clean. TeaTimer can be re-activated once your logs are clean.Open Spybot Search & Destroy.
In the Mode menu click Advanced mode if not already selected.
Choose Yes at the Warning prompt.
Expand the Tools menu.
Click Resident.
Uncheck the Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of overall system settings) active. box.
If TeaTimer gives you a warning that changes were made, click the Allow Change box when prompted.
In the File menu click Exit to exit Spybot Search & Destroy.

If for some reason during these fixes you receive prompts from Spybot about whether to Allow or Deny any changes, please Allow them all.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

A guide and tutorial on using ComboFix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/computer-virus-causing-bluescreen-and-failing-windows-update-571289.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi

After your great help with my last problem i'm back with another (the price of success!)

Windows 7 ultimate - some updates are installing OK, some are being repeated after a successful installation & the IE10 update repeatedly fails with error code 9C59.

I've tried MS Fixit. I've done a repair install of Win7 ultimate, which improved things a little (before that,updates KB2667402 & KB982018 would continually fail).

CBS.zip & windowsupdate.log are attached.

Here's some background which may be relevant:
I started with Win 7 pro, which turned out to be non-genuine (ebay!). Windows updates stopped working because it was non-genuine. Microsoft supplied a new copy of Win7 ultimate, which I installed via a custom installation. I didn't do a clean install because I used a 3rd party product call PCmover to include all applications & settings in the upgrade to Win7 ultimate. All has been OK with Win7 ultimate except the updates.

THanks

A:Windows updates repeating & IE10 update failing (9C59)

PS.
I don't know if this would help:
"How do I reset Windows Update components?"
How do I reset Windows Update components?

I was going to try that but thought I'd ask here first.... taa

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/290058-windows-updates-repeating-ie10-update-failing-9c59.html
Relevancy 55.04%

The error message I am getting is 0x800f0900

I have run the System Update Readiness Tool

I have also run sfc /scannow
It reports that "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

Please help! Thank you.
Log:
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.22471
Package Version 26.0
2015-09-13 14:16

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(f) CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.cat
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-AdmComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.mum Line 1: 

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
Seconds executed: 401
Found 2 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 1
CBS Catalog Corrupt Total count: 1

servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-AdmComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.mum
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.cat
servicing\packages\WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-AdmComp~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.cat

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1 Update is failing, error 0x800f0900

Here is another log

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/381223-windows-7-ultimate-32bit-sp1-update-failing-error-0x800f0900.html