Windows Support Forum

Windows 8 apps won't work on laptop

Q: Windows 8 apps won't work on laptop

Hi there everybody Loaded Windows onto my daughters laptop just before Christmas Everything worked great Suddenly around mid January most of the apps stopped working The computer is connected to the internet If I go to the desktop I can open Google Chrome or IE and browse no problem If I run IE from the tile it starts and works However I am having the following problems - Cannot connect to the on work Windows laptop won't 8 apps store - Cannot Windows 8 apps won't work on laptop connect to Bing sports - Windows Defender cannot update virus definitions - Windows tries checking for updates but it doesn't actually find any So I did a bit of searching to try and figure out how to update windows defender I found this post How-to Force Windows Defender Updates Everything Express I followed all the steps and shutdown Antimalware Service Executable quot I tried updating Windows No luck But I went back to the tile screen and tried the store and bind sports and they work no problem In my little pea brain this seems to be some sort of issue with windows defender Any idea what the proper fix would be Thanks Brian

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 8 apps won't work on laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 8 apps won't work on laptop

can you think back to what was installed around that time?

video driver is a common culprit. so is installing a third-party antivirus or firewall. also, were any changes made to the router or network configuration? is this laptop able to connect to another network and have these apps/Windows Defender function properly?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/19704-windows-8-apps-wont-work-laptop.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have checked everywhere online and I haven't found a single explanation for this I have user accounts Administrator initial user new user So the initial user is the one for work work one Apps don't Windows for others. but user, you are forced to create when first setting up Windows It's a local user meaning that I set it up without signing into a MSA In both the Administrator and the initial user all the WinRT apps tiles work Like the weather will show up and everything WITNESS Whether I change the Initial User to Standard or Administrator everything still works fine Of course the Administrator can't open WinRT apps which is standard and normal And the initial user can't use apps without signing into MSA But it all still works perfectly fine The problem is with the Windows Apps don't work for one user, but work for others. new user The new user is meant to be in Administrator mode because it's Windows Apps don't work for one user, but work for others. my main account But whether I set it up as Standard or Administrator it's the same thing None of my WinRT apps work WITNESS Even when I sign into my MSA with the new user Windows Apps don't work for one user, but work for others. it's still the same thing It synchronizes to my OneDrive online It recognizes that I'm completely signed in online Yet it's still the exact same thing with the WinRT apps None of them work Even when I try to open up the Windows Store It just continues to try to open but doesn't go all the way through So whether I'm signed into my MSA for the third user or not it still gives the same problem I ran Windows Update and it worked perfectly Everything is up to date

A:Windows Apps don't work for one user, but work for others.

I created a 4th account using an MSA instead of creating it as a local account. And it still has the same problem as the third account. Like I said, whether the account is created with an MSA or if an account was created as a local user, and signed into a MSA. It's the same extremely frustrating problem. I can't do anything like this.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/50804-windows-apps-dont-work-one-user-but-work-others.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi As the post title suggests I am having trouble with the modern apps and connectivity It feels like half my computer will connect to the internet and the other half won't Desktop apps like Chrome Steam Outlook iTunes etc all work connecting desktop apps apps Modern not fine. to internet, connect to the internet fine but any of the Windows apps like Xbox Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. Store and most frustratingly Settings will not connect In my Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. network Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. and sharing centre in the control panel it says 'You are not connected to any networks' - but in the system tray and in the settings app it shows me as connected to my home wi-fi I am on a desktop and using a USB wireless adapter I don't think the adapter is the problem as I have tried it on another desktop in our house on Windows and it worked fine Curiously also when I click 'Adapter settings' in the control panel it shows the wifi connection I've tried updating the drivers for the wireless adapter both through the Windows update and adapter website but to no avail and as I mentioned it seems the adapter works fine elsewhere I've updated manually to the latest Windows Pro build i've done a DNS flush I've tried disabling firewalls and anti-virus I've tried disabling startup apps I've done a clean install of Windows and still am unable to fix the issue If anyone has any ideas that might help that would be great I'm happy to provide any more information if people need it Thanks very much

A:Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine.

Is your DNS client service running on your system .

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.In the list of services, click DNS Client.Make sure that the Status column displays Started and that the Startup Type column displays Automatic.If the service is not set to Started or if the startup type for the DNS Client service is not set to Automatic, follow these steps:
Right-click DNS Client, and then click Properties.In the DNS Client Properties dialog box, click the General tab, and then click Automatic in the Startup type list.Click Start, click Apply, and then click OK.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36508-modern-apps-not-connecting-internet-desktop-apps-work-fine.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I've got an old 16-bit Windows 95 game called "Pirates: Captain's Quest" that I want to play. It won't run in straight Windows XP, won't work with the executable set to Windows 95 compatability mode, and won't run from DOSbox ("this game must be run from microsoft windows").

Any suggestions?

The error I get trying to launch from XP is:

Installation Aborting
=====
This product does not yet support Windows NT. Savage cannot run on this system because Microsoft's DirectX drivers do not currently support Windows NT.

A:Getting 16-bit Windows 95/3.1 apps to work in XP

You could try right clicking and running it under a different compatability or 256 colors or something. The only program I remember using for old games was VDMSound... and something close to DosBox.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/getting-16-bit-windows-95-3-1-apps-to-work-in-xp-109272.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi there,

I just installed windows 8 yesterday. I've been able to use a few apps like mail, store and skype. But other apps like music or games don't work. most of the apps downloaded don't work either like wikipedia or IM+. I tried using fiddler, turning off my antivirus (trendmicro security), refreshed (which was a pain because i had to install all my stuff again). nothing seems too work. any suggestions?

And for some reason starcraft 2 couldn't work. Steam works fine.

Please help thanks

A:Windows 8 Apps don't work

Originally Posted by Lossendal

Hi there,

I just installed windows 8 yesterday. I've been able to use a few apps like mail, store and skype. But other apps like music or games don't work. most of the apps downloaded don't work either like wikipedia or IM+. I tried using fiddler, turning off my antivirus (trendmicro security), refreshed (which was a pain because i had to install all my stuff again). nothing seems too work. any suggestions?

And for some reason starcraft 2 couldn't work. Steam works fine.

Please help thanks

HOW did you get Skype to work!?!?

When I open the app it says it needs to be updated. So, I click it to update and it will either say pending forever or say downloading with only a tiny bit of green and won't move for HOURS. Did your Skype just automatically work!?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/11040-windows-8-apps-dont-work.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello everyone!
Will these apps work well in W10?

Adobe Reader
CCleaner
Chrome
Java
Silverlight
Firefox
Unity web player plugin
7-zip

A:Will these apps work in Windows 10?

Well CCleaner, Chrome, Adobe reader and Firefox work for me. Silverlight, java and flash are all plugins that Chrome and FF are weeding out. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584600/will-these-apps-work-in-windows-10/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello Since some time some Metro apps refuse to work and they do so in interesting ways Some apps work fine thought they don't appear to have internet no won't 8.1 apps some Windows work. Pro connection error but I receive notifications e g e-mail from them Other Windows 8.1 Pro some apps won't work. apps open for a split second then close and return me to the Start screen And the store is the best of all It says quot We weren't able to connect to the store quot and gives me the error code x ee The try again or Windows 8.1 Pro some apps won't work. back button don't do anything I tried sfc scannow and dism the apps store and account troubleshooters and disconnecting and reconnecting the Microsoft account WSReset didn't solve anything and I re registered all the apps Unfortunately I have no backup before the event I also checked the registry and files and folders permissions They're all good except for one registry entry quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Drivers quot doesn't exist Other than that in the past I had a similar problem but it fixed itself over time That one was caused by me trying to move the windows store apps folder If there is any other info required logs etc tell me and how to get it aswell Thanks alot Edit I want to add that live tiles also work Example The weather app tile updates but upon entering the app an not connected error appears

A:Windows 8.1 Pro some apps won't work.

Hello Vintila, and welcome to Eight Forums.

For now, see if going through all of the listed items in the tutorial below may be able to help fix the affected apps.

Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding: Fix in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/58481-windows-8-1-pro-some-apps-wont-work.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I've had windows 8 for a bit, but since I've installed the OS not a single one of my windows apps will work. I've tried a lot of options and none fix it. I will open up a app ( windows store app or PC settings for example) and it will open and display the icon and blown up screen then immediately minimizes and will not allow me to maximize it. I'm so tired of it! I can't download any new apps or update my old ones let alone use any of them. I ran a basic trouble shoot through Microsoft and it came up at one point saying I need a Microsoft account. which is crazy because I've put in my CD key like 50 times and registered it when I put the OS on this computer. Please help me because i'm getting really tired of windows 8.1's shenanigans.

A:None of my Windows 8.1 apps work and i've tried TBshooting

Hello Jones, and welcome to Eight Forums.

See if going through the listed troubleshooting items in the tutorial below may be able to help. There may be some that you haven't tried yet.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/51684-none-my-windows-8-1-apps-work-ive-tried-tbshooting.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, none of my Windows Ten Apps will open, including the windows ten store, xbox, groove music, mail, photos, minecraft windows ten edition, calendar, you get the idea. I'm running version 1511, (OS Build 10586.318). I can't remember when it started, but it's a pain. I've looked up the issue online, but nothing seems to be the EXACT same problem with me. My start button works fine, and the apps don't give me an error message or anything. If someone could fix this I would be SO grateful!

A:None of my Windows Ten Modern Apps Work.

Hello Batman, and welcome to Ten Forums.

You might see if using the method in the tutorial below to reinstall and re-register all apps may help.

Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/51033-none-my-windows-ten-modern-apps-work.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I have found that the Windows 10 app store disappeared from my system, apps like calculator installed through the app store do not start. The most strange thing is that all those apps has some strange strings appended in front of the original app names. By clicking those apps, they me to no where. For example, searching "Store" on the startup, the screen snapshot is shown below:
The other snapshot is below, where the red brick on the left corner should be the App Store tile. Applications not installed through the app store like OneNote still work.
I have tried a few solutions that I can find online. None works for me. For example, this one: Windows App Store doesnt load after Windows 10 upgrade! | OUC1TOO
and this one: BEST FIX: Windows 10 Store Wont Open

Thanks,
Qi

A:Windows apps and app stores don't work

Hello Qi,

It sounds like you may need to do a repair install to fix them without losing anything.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/42079-windows-apps-app-stores-dont-work.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently bought a Lenovo laptop that came preloaded with the usual bloatware The only thing that caught my eye was Phone Companion Apparently it allows you to send texts and make phone calls from you laptop and they go through your phone It sounded kind of neat even dont apps with Windows that work 8 WP if I never used it So I started the app and the first thing it says is quot Scan this QR code with your Android device to download the companion app quot It was like quot what No WP quot Just in case I scanned the QR code anyway and of course the app doesn't exist in the Windows Phone store Is it strange Windows 8 apps that dont work with WP of me to think that a Windows app would have a WP companion app instead of just Android Am I being unrealistic Windows 8 apps that dont work with WP I can see a normal Windows application being specific to the more popular mobile devices but a Windows app just feels like it is meant to go with Windows Phone They share a design philosophy and language Its like if there was a Kinect game that said quot Now show your Android phone to Kinect to get started quot Is this what we can expect with Windows PC Phone combo apps that I cant run without an iPhone or Android

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/352733-windows-8-apps-dont-work-wp.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a small Windows 8 not metro apps do work remote office they do not have an onsite IT that received their first Windows laptop but they can not access the metro apps with their domain account but can access them with a local account they created The same GPO settings Windows 8 metro apps do not work are being applied to other users at other locations and it works for them I searched the web and found several things for them to try and none of them have worked Here is what I have tried Make sure your computer is updated Make sure UAC is turned on If you are using skydrive users say you need to have your Microsoft profile filled out completely or apps stop working after installing skydrive check dcom settings a go to the start screen from the desktop click the windows start key b type comexp msc c click Component Services click Computers and then click My Computer d right-click My Computer click Properties e click Default Properties tab Make sure Enable Distributed COM on this computer is checked f click COM Security tab Click Edit Limits under Access Permissions Make sure All Application Packages has Local Access Checked g on the COM Security tab click Edit Limits under the Launch and Activation Permissions section Make sure All Application Packages has Local Launch and Local Activation permissions try running the Apps Troubleshooter You should be able to find it in your c folder It is called AppsDiagnostic diagcab checked the quot All Application Packages quot permissions Windows has a feature called refresh that you can try It basically re-installs the OS but is suppose to leave your files a click Windows key i b on the bottom of the side bar that opens click Change PC Settings c click General in the left column d Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files click Get started e follow the instructions They didn't want to try the refresh option So we haven't done that one Does anyone else have any other ideas Here are the errors that the user sent me quot When I click on the store the Window tries to load then just quits It shows the following errors in the Event Log a App winstore cw n h txyewy Windows Store did not launch within its allotted time b Activation of app winstore cw n h txyewy Windows Store failed with error The system cannot find the file specified See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Operational log for additional information c Unable to start a DCOM Server Windows Store as Unavailable Unavailable The error quot quot Happened while starting this command quot C Windows System WWAHost exe quot -ServerName Windows Store quot

A:Windows 8 metro apps do not work

This is the sort of issue that makes IT departments go absolutely crazy, and why most avoid new versions of Windows until the first Service Pack appears.

Since its such a mind-boggling oversight on Microsoft's part, I thought I'd take a look around, and see what fellow sufferer's of the issue had come up with. You've already covered quite a few of the strategies, but here are a couple more that some users have come up with.

Enable the Windows Update Service
It appears that the Windows Store and possibly other Metro apps rely on a network component of the Windows Update Service. For some users, enabling this service fixes the trouble with Metro apps not opening. For domain accounts, to make the fix stick, the policy would probably have to be altered to allow the service to run (as it is commonly disabled).

Clear the store cache
a) Press "Windows key + R"
b) Type " wsreset.exe" and click OK

Proxy issues:
---1--- A windows internal HTTP service might not be using the proxy settings defined in IE. Running the following command changes the service to use the IE proxy settings. For some users, this has then enabled the Windows Store to work.

Open a command prompt with 'Run as Administrator' and type:
netsh
winhttp
import proxy source=ie
Now go back to the store and try it and see if that fixed your issue.

---2---Or: Disable Proxy connection if enabled
(use this only if your network setup does not require a proxy)
a)Press ?Windows + W? and type ?Internet Options? and press enter.
b)Click on ?Connections? tab.
c)Click on ?LAN settings?.
d)Uncheck ?Use a proxy server for your LAN?.
e)Under ?Automatic Configuration? select ?Automatically detect settings?.
f)Click on ?Ok? and click on ?Apply? and ?Ok? again.

HyperV
I saved this weirdest of solutions for last. I have no idea why simply enabling the HyperV feature in the computers Bios (if available there), and adding the feature in "Programs & Features" in the Control Panel (under turn Windows features on and off), should make Metro apps work. But some users (at least in a couple of threads) have reported:

Quote:

Adding Hyper-V feature to the computer fixed the issue. I can now access store and add also interact with Modern (Metro) apps.

How crazy is that! They didn't add any virtual machines, they just enabled the feature. I'm going to keep an eye out for more information, in case a reasonable explanation appears (and I'll post it here).

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-metro-apps-do-not-work-688067.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello there I'm new to this forum and I don't really know if I have posted in the correct section since there are too many threads to check so I posted here Apologies in advance for that Anyway as the title says after I've updated my Windows to Windows my Metro Apps won't work anymore I tried lots of fixes I found on the Net troubleshooting them opening the command prompt updating after 8.1 work Windows Apps won't Metro sfc scannow changing the resolution going on safe mode and so on I couldn't really remember what I did I managed to fix the Store Apps but it's not fixed since I can't download new apps from the store Oh I also managed to fix Settings although it's not an App but I had trouble trying to open the settings a while ago I've tried some of the steps from here -- gt Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding Fix in Windows I couldn't try the rest of the steps since I'm afraid it would cause harm to my laptop since I'm not Windows 8.1 Metro Apps won't work after updating a professional I want to try refreshing the PC but I have lots of softwares and online games that I've installed here and I don't want to reinstall everything again I would like to try this method -- gt Refresh Windows - Create and Use Custom Recovery Image but I'm not sure how reliable it is for keeping what I've installed Please help and give reliable suggestions that little ol' me can work with Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/54918-windows-8-1-metro-apps-wont-work-after-updating.html
Relevancy 55.04%

What were you doing before all of this happened? What kind of third party Security software are you using ? Have you tried the Dism fix yet.

You will find that very few people even use the packaged apps from Microsoft, because they were not very well thought out to begin with and can be broken by just simple changes on the OS install.

A:Windows 10 built in apps not work but tried to reinstall it but all..

pectin232,
You have a typo.
Read your copy/paste message.
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> et-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocatio

n)\AppXManifest.xml"}
You missed out the letter G in Get.
That's why it said........et-AppXPackage : The term 'et-AppXPackage' is not recognized
If you redo the Powershell command, it might turn out ok.
Always have the habit of using copy/paste method to avoid typo.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/39213-windows-10-built-apps-not-work-but-tried-reinstall-but-all.html
Relevancy 55.04%

tried this 1024x768 .. sfc/scannow WSReset.exe and chkdsk ... still not working.
Any help appreciated.

A:All apps including Store in Windows 8.1 Pro will not work

try dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55798-all-apps-including-store-windows-8-1-pro-will-not-work.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I just installed Windows Dev -bit on an old do old 8 apps Metro not on work my netbook UI Windows Asus N Jseries netbookwith a Atom N processor and GB of memory It runs the Metro UI even at x resolution However the Metro UI buttons for Metro apps do not work at Windows 8 Metro UI apps do not work on my old netbook all The only buttons that work are for normal Windows applications and Windows Explorer and Desktop The Control Panel button leads off to some more Metro UI and loads that part fine However all the neat little apps like Store News Socialite Stocks Weather Tweet rama etc etc don't load anything at all when I click them What am I doing wrong here Is it that I'm simply using old hardware or that I have to do something Windows 8 Metro UI apps do not work on my old netbook more Windows 8 Metro UI apps do not work on my old netbook to enable the apps or something I'm using the -bit version on this old netbook so I'm wondering if the apps don't work on that I know I might be jumping the gun and this might be a specific scenario but is anyone else not having any of their Metro UI apps being able to launch like me Also if this is the wrong place for this thread please move it

A:Windows 8 Metro UI apps do not work on my old netbook

Oh nevermind. Metro apps won't work on anything lower than 1024 x 768. So yeah be wary if you want to test this out on an old netbook. Problem solved I guess unless anyone has a workaround for this. I might try an external monitor to try this out.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/2277-windows-8-metro-ui-apps-do-not-work-my-old-netbook.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

My keyboard does not work within Windows Store and it's Apps. I cannot type anything in the search of the store, or within the Xbox App. I can right click and paste in information and click "Go" and that works just fine. But just no keyboard input works. Keyboard works fine everywhere else.

I've googled the issue and I can't find ANY other people have this issue. I think it might be related to when I completely removed Cortana and SearchUI, but I am not sure.

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

A:Keyboard does not work in Windows Store/Apps

Hi, having the same problem, I didn't disable or remove cortina though, I have tried the on screen keyboard with the same results

see my post Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64757-keyboard-does-not-work-windows-store-apps.html
Relevancy 55.04%

It's been at-least 5 months sense I've got my computer, never once have i used the app store! Every app that connects to the internet doesn't work! I've tried waiting forever, I've read other posts to see if it would help but i doesn't, i can't even create another profile all i have is administrator.

A:Windows 8 apps on start screen don't work

Hello Alden, and welcome to Eight Forums

You might see if using the troubleshooting steps listed in the tutorial below may be able to help get your Store (metro) apps working again.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/27679-windows-8-apps-start-screen-dont-work.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi My PC was after Update. and apps other Windows not work [SOLVED] Browsers do auto updated last week and the browsers and some of the applications such as Windows [SOLVED] Browsers and other apps do not work after Windows Update. Live Family Safety Google talk etc do not work The browsers work in Windows Safe mode Firefox works with browser [SOLVED] Browsers and other apps do not work after Windows Update. safe mode I saw others having similar problems but none of the fixes worked for me Thanks in advance Here are the logs ipconfig all gt amp notepad amp systeminfo gt amp notepad amp netstat -r more gt amp notepad amp tasklist gt amp notepad amp tracert www Google com gt amp notepad Windows IP Configuration Host Name AJ-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - -BC- - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc fd fbe ecdd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-A - - - -BC- - B- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e b cfe c Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe b cfe c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Host Name AJ-PC OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium OS Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation OS Configuration Standalone Workstation OS Build Type Multiprocessor Free Registered Owner rrabi Registered Organization Product ID -OEM- - Original Install Date PM System Boot Time PM System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model AY AAR-ABA CQ F System Type x -based PC Processor s Processor s Installed AMD Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version American Megatrends Inc Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume System Locale en-us English United States Input Locale en-us English United States Time Zone UTC- Eastern Time US amp Canada Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Virtual Memory Max Size MB Virtual Memory Available MB Virtual Memory In Use MB Page File Location s C pagefile sys Domain WORKGROUP Logon Server AJ-PC Hotfix s Hotfix s Installed KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB Network Card s NIC s Installed NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Connection Name Local Area Connection DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server IP address es fe dc fd fbe ecdd Interface List bc b NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link On-link On-link e b cfe c On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe dc fd fbe ecdd On-link fe b cfe c On-link ff On-link ff On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None Image Name PID Session Name Session Mem Usage S... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Browsers and other apps do not work after Windows Update.

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried system restore to a point before the updates

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-browsers-and-other-apps-do-not-work-after-windows-update-661817.html
Relevancy 54.61%

windows store apps don't work after a restart and shutdown. surface pro 1.

have tried ms fixit file which said display driver might be out of date but couldnt fix it, device manager says display driver is uptodate and offers no way to rollback either.

uninstalled the apps but windows store also doesnt work so i cant redownload them.

A:windows store apps don't work after a restart and shutdown

Hello Dixon,

The listed troubleshooting steps in the tutorial below may be able to help.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/44870-windows-store-apps-dont-work-after-restart-shutdown.html
Relevancy 54.61%

If I select Apps & Features under the system menu on Windows 10 I get the scrolling dots at the top of the window but no apps ever get listed, and eventually the window seems to time out and close itself. All of the other system menu options work fine and add/remove programs which I believe from reading around is linked into Apps & Features operates correctly.
I have run all the usual standard potential fixes like sfc /scannow and even utliised the Winfix for windows app on this very website, and nothing has been reported as being an issue. I tried re-imaging back to an early saved image of mine and the first time I clicked on Apps & Features it came up correctly but any subsequent selection went back to the same issue. I have literally tried everything and have so far come up blank (just like the menu option)!
Any thoughts?

A:Apps & Features in System Settings does not work in Windows 10

Ah so you're running windows 10, are you on the insider programme by any chance?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/441366-apps-features-system-settings-does-not-work-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I originally had on my laptop and at one point it stopped being able to install updates They would fail every time it tried I ended up doing a reformat since I couldn't and 8 work. apps 8.1 wont Windows and system updates refresh find a cause for the Windows 8 and 8.1 updates apps and system refresh wont work. problem Well this time I left it at but after around a month it started again It can't do updates it can't install win apps won't turn on was finally able get the app store to start Also system refresh and any other repair thing won't work Firefox also acts funny where ad block won't work and certain settings won't save I've run every scan I can think of but have not found anything I'm at a lost what to do not knowing if it is some kind of virus or hardware malfunction or something else The system uses a partition to reformat from not a disk I also here a periodic clicking and the dvd drive or hard drive not sure which would rev occasionally I don't think it has done it recently The computer is a asus g gforce gtx mx Some of the scans I've done are avast and avg malware bytes advance system care ccleaner bitdefender Microsoft malicious scan spybot search and destroy Also some Microsoft system file scan but forget the name I didn't have both anti virus on system at the same time

A:Windows 8 and 8.1 updates apps and system refresh wont work.

No one has any ideas to this? Could there be some kind of permanent corruption?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556410/windows-8-and-81-updates-apps-and-system-refresh-wont-work/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi guys I'm having this problem since yesterday and I can't find anyone with the same problem I have this problem where no microsoft applications work I can't open Edge Windows Store or Photos app When I want to open them there is absolutely response No error-message nothing When I observe the task manager (Edge, work Store Apps Microsoft don't Windows etc.) Preinstall while starting these apps they DO appear for like second They immediately disappear though I don't know what the issue is I have this problem since I installed the application SaferVPN I already uninstalled it Ou yea my Windows search doesn't work either No reaction from the system at all I already tried running sfc scannow My computer is up to date There were no windows updates involved at the point of time where the problem occurred I tried restarting windows several times I run Windows for quite a long time now Also when I want to add a Microsoft Account it give no response either I think thats because it usually opens a small Edge Browser Windows for entering the credentials Can you guys please help me I usually find my solutions in already existing forums but I didn't find anyone who had the same problem as me perhaps I didn't google the right thing and couldn't find it because of that Thanks for anything in advance Kind Regards Maarten

A:Microsoft Preinstall Apps don't work (Edge, Windows Store etc.)

Hi smaardy, welcome to Ten Forums. The best way right now to fix your problem is by doing an repair install/ in place upgrade. This is from the Tutorial Forum. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums . Choose the option to keep your apps and files. There was a way to re-register the windows apps, but it has not been working with the latest version of windows (fall update or version 1511).

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36563-microsoft-preinstall-apps-dont-work-edge-windows-store-etc.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello people I require some help After Microflops recent updates this Tuesday almost all my games except minecraft thank god have stopped working I click on the desktop icon and some might load to the quot click to play quot screen but won't do anything after that and STEAM won't load at all Now I've been browsing the net and I found that Microsoft decided to release botched patches this Tuesday and one of them KB has been causing issues with some games for people So far to no avail I will add I have uninstalled the KB patch and tried recent games apps windows work update. longer no all and after Almost to do a system restore but it didn't help as all games are still unresponsive I have also done a full system scan in safe mode with Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwear bites both of these came Almost all games and apps no longer work after recent windows update. up clean As I still haven't found a way to get my games running normally again I am wondering if you guys and gals could suggest anything to me as I'm out of ideas Also Please note it's nor possible for me to re install windows as I was never issued with the win cd when this system was built for me Thanks

A:Almost all games and apps no longer work after recent windows update.

What happens when you try to run your PC games?

Do to Start > Type CMD > Right Click on Command Prompt and Press Run as Admin. > Type SFC /scannow in the popup window.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/almost-all-games-and-apps-no-longer-work-after-recent-windows-update-704836.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi guys I'm having etc.) work Windows (Edge, Store don't Apps Microsoft Preinstall this problem since yesterday and Microsoft Preinstall Apps don't work (Edge, Windows Store etc.) I can't find anyone with the same problem I have this problem where no microsoft applications work I can't open Edge Windows Store or Photos app When I want to open them there is absolutely response No Microsoft Preinstall Apps don't work (Edge, Windows Store etc.) error-message nothing When I observe the task manager while starting these apps they DO appear for like second They immediately disappear though I don't know what the issue is I have this problem since I installed the application SaferVPN I already uninstalled it Ou yea my Windows search doesn't work either No reaction from the system at all I already tried running sfc scannow My computer is up to date There were no windows updates involved at the point of time where the problem occurred I tried restarting windows several times I run Windows for quite a long time now Also when I want to add a Microsoft Account it give no response either I think thats because it usually opens a small Edge Browser Windows for entering the credentials Can Microsoft Preinstall Apps don't work (Edge, Windows Store etc.) you guys please help me I usually find my solutions in already existing forums but I didn't find anyone who had the same problem as me perhaps I didn't google the right thing and couldn't find it because of that Thanks for anything in advance Kind Regards Maarten

A:Microsoft Preinstall Apps don't work (Edge, Windows Store etc.)

Hi smaardy, welcome to Ten Forums. The best way right now to fix your problem is by doing an repair install/ in place upgrade. This is from the Tutorial Forum. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums . Choose the option to keep your apps and files. There was a way to re-register the windows apps, but it has not been working with the latest version of windows (fall update or version 1511).

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/36563-microsoft-preinstall-apps-dont-work-edge-windows-store-etc.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have been facing this issue from the day one since I installed Windows 10 on my laptop (Dell XPS L502x).

Native Windows Applications like all browsers, office products etc. anything that is not from the Store, works fine. I can use Touch Pad scrolling with no trouble. e.g. on Internet Explorer, Chrome, MS Word, etc.

But the apps that come out of store or the apps like those which come pre-built with Windows 10 such as new Settings UI, Microsoft Edge. Touch Pad scrolling just don't work with these apps. When I perform scrolling the scroll-icon appears but doesn't scroll the content.

This issue is only with Touch Pad. External Mouse works great with scrolling on any kind of app.

Hope to find a solution here.
Thanks

PS: drivers are all good on the machine and up to date with no warning or error.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53042-touch-pad-scrolling-doesnt-work-store-apps-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So the th of July i went ahead and installed the Windows update Menu, Start microsoft or 10, Search doesn't any apps Windows work... It installed correctly and ran smooth without any problems for a few hours Suddenly i realized that my Windows 10, Start Menu, Search or any microsoft apps doesn't work... Start Menu button didn't open the start menu when i clicked it Neither did the search button I didn't really think Windows 10, Start Menu, Search or any microsoft apps doesn't work... about it much and continued gaming with one of my friends Later that night i tried to restart my pc to see if that fixed any of my issues Unfortunately nothing was fixed Now i Windows 10, Start Menu, Search or any microsoft apps doesn't work... can't open any microsoft apps other than the Health and training app through the Task Manager and then the apps tab Theres no way to access the settings or Windows Update so im stuck with just using non-microsoft apps if i can find them that is under my HDD Edit I can't rightclick anything in the taskbar or manage my internet connection Any help to fix this is highly appriciated Methods i have tried found around the internet Using the Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register quot InstallLocation AppXManifest xml quot command in Windows PowerShell as admin Running this troubleshooter from this link Neither of them fixed anything

A:Windows 10, Start Menu, Search or any microsoft apps doesn't work...

Similar problem only I could not get Windows installed apps to open properly. I have a Lenovo G560 with a Dynadock plugged into a USB port and two additional monitors connected to the laptop (one directly and one through the Dynadock. In anticipation of installing Win 10, I upgrade my RAM and replaced my hdd with an SSD drive. I am upgrading from Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium. I did the upgrade and not a clean install. The upgrade seemed to go just fine. The first thing I noticed was and Notices icon so I clicked on it and some notices appeared. I tried to click on those but as soon as I moved the mouse off of the notices icon the list disappeared. The same thing happened when I went to Start. I rebooted the computer and the above problems went away. So I began exploring around the Start Menu. I got cortana to recognize Hey Cortana and she even told me a joke. When I asked her to play Rock Paper Scissors, she started having problems. Again I rebooted, and she could tell a joke but no RPS. Then I asked her to open MS Edge but that did not work. Tried myself by clicking on the E icon and I got an error message saying it could not find Internet Explorer.exe. Went to Start Menu and tried to start Edge. It looked like it was going to but nothing appeared. I went to Task Manager and there it was running so I ended the process and tried again. No joy. Again reboot. First thing was to open Edge from Start Menu. That worked-- it opened. Tried to go to settings in the Start Menu but it acted like Edge above. It was running in Task Manager but not visible to me. Chrome, Lync, Word, Outlook, all worked. Cortana worked but when I tried other apps like Calculator, they did not work. My keyboard has a calculator launch button and that did not work either. I did notice that the apps that appeared not to work actually were running but closing them in Task Manager did not help. I could get the app to work if I rebooted and clicked on the app first before anything else. After about 2 hours of rebooting only to not have apps work and not really able to see what Win 10 could do, I restored Windows 7.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/10875-windows-10-start-menu-search-any-microsoft-apps-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,
I have a lenovo twist thinkpad with windows 8 on it but recently it's been showing a message with a blue screen that says Kernel inpage data error and would just reboot the computer. But today it showed the message and when it came back on everything was gone even the apps. There is nothing on the desktop but the recycle bin. Help please i can't lose my work.

A:All apps gone from laptop with windows 8

I would

1) Clean the HD Drive, using Step one in this tutorial:
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Help Forums

2) Use last System back up image you made to restore the OS.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35860-all-apps-gone-laptop-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I am using the SDLC Threat Modelling tool 2016 by Microsoft on a Windows 10 virtual Box 32-bit.

When I am trying to generate a final report, it discards all the different risk ratings for each threat, and instead of having the respective high, medium, low levels next to each threat, it produces a html report putting only high next to each
one of them.

Any help?

Regards,

Ioannis (Yannis) Kostakis
Cyber Security Specialist

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5e68812d-fcf6-4359-9c35-fb9755852f2b/question-you-are-subscribed-to-this-thread-applies-to-windows-apps-on-windows-10-other-windows-apps?forum=mata
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi . i have a windows 8 laptop and was woundering why i cant use a app like Pandora for my laptop . its in your windows phone app sotre but not for the laptop store?? . i don't understand why. both are the same . or is it the app itself only going for windows phone?? . plzz help i would love to get all access to all apps on windows phone for my laptop. ty

A:Why cant i have windows phone apps on laptop app store

This is intentional for a few reasons.

One, it's not nice to have an app on your Windows Phone simply blown up to a larger screen. The app has to be redeveloped for screen estate and size considerations.

Second is the fact that Windows Phone doesn't have the system contracts bar, or Charms bar, so that can't simply work that way.

Third is that the code itself is different, Windows 8 uses WinRT code, Windows Phone I believe uses the WinPRT coding structure, Xbox One I think uses WinXRT code. These are similar, but different.

The Pandora app probably won't come to Windows 8 anytime soon because... It's called a web browser. This is the thing about Windows 8 is that most developers probably aren't and shouldn't develop app versions of websites. It makes no sense to have a PC that uses typical Desktop web browsers, that have no settings of changing the site from being mobile or Desktop rendered, to have an app for ebay, or Amazon, or Pandora, or Facebook.

Also, who are you directing this at? We're not Microsoft.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25894-why-cant-i-have-windows-phone-apps-laptop-app-store.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi i bought years ago an HP NOTEBOOK PC it came with windows and when i turned it on today it was like new there-s nothing left except of laptop, apps, hp Windows my has configurations my erased files, help! please 8 some programs Windows 8 has erased my apps, files, configurations of my hp laptop, please help! in my desktop but they are like new example when i opened word it asked my named everything is like if i have never used it before and i couldnt find any of my documents i remember this happened like a year ago but restarting it all came back to normality but now it wont fix doing that i-ve been reading this page in search Windows 8 has erased my apps, files, configurations of my hp laptop, please help! of a solution but since these documents are REALLY important to me because is my work im here to see if anyone could help me id be very thankful im not expert at english sorry if is hard to understand i read someone wrote a way to find Windows 8 has erased my apps, files, configurations of my hp laptop, please help! my docx by using the search options and i have found them my docx files but i cant find a way to integrate them again to my system because if i search them from a windows folder i cant find any of them in my documents or my pictures so this are my questions is there a way to put back my configuration files apps and everything as it was or i have to manually insert my documents in my system and forget my apps and configurations i read that i can use restore point and this wont affect my files but if it goes wrong the restore point option is there a danger that i lost the opprtunity to fix all my files and configuration im asking this because i wont risk my work doing something that it might not be able to change doing this restore point will be the solution to my problem or is this used for other typo of problems differente than mine what do you think is the problem or the reason that this happens im worried that this has happened before and that it might happen again and as is very important to me i would want to prevent it ok thanks for your attention and sorry if my english is not good enough i can explain again if you want i would be very pleased and thanked if someon help me in this trouble P D I dont remember anything unusual or something before this happened but it might have stayed installing an update and maybe i didnt notice ant that might be the reason but im not sure what happened to cause this problem nbsp

A:Windows 8 has erased my apps, files, configurations of my hp laptop, please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-has-erased-my-apps-files-configurations-of-my-hp-laptop-please-help.1125647/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've had this laptop for about one week now and I must have hit or turned something off or changed something.

For the first number of days when I opened things I would get the black bar at the bottom of the screen to pin sites to and I would go to the top of the screen with my mouse to see everything that was open.

But as of yesterday even though I still have the Windows 8 Start Menu with the tiles, everything I open seems to open in desktop mode and with all the tabs across the top. And I no longer get the black bar along the bottom for pinning. I can only pin from IE buy clicking on the small tools icon in the upper right corner.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks,

Christine

A:New to Windows 8/HP Laptop-Apps open in desktop mode

Hello Christine, welcome to EightForums.

Yes,

After one or another update/program install (browsers might have changed from defaults as well), IE opened on desktop all of the time.

See this:
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29269-new-windows-8-hp-laptop-apps-open-desktop-mode.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Subject says it all Just got some new dell laptops uninstalled Windows profiles apps new re-appear for 8 Dell with Laptop - for the kids that were preinstalled Dell Laptop with Windows 8 - uninstalled apps re-appear for new profiles with McAfee and a number of other bits of software that we don't need on them I initialized each laptop and the first account was an admin so I uninstalled what I wanted before creating any new profiles Everything went smoothly with the uninstalls Then I created and logged into the new profile all the softare I removed was back I have used software like Decrap Revo and MCPR for problem uninstalls in the past but I wanted to check in since I don't have any experience with Win and this symptom is somewhat different There were no errors or anything and I don't know how this is being handled by windows on a Dell - When I created the new profile the laptop spent some time installing programs so I don't know if there something more I have to do to prevent these apps from coming back when I create new profiles Thanks in advance

A:Dell Laptop with Windows 8 - uninstalled apps re-appear for new profiles

Welcome to BC !

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars.
You may see Google Tool Bar being offered.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Run CCleaner by opening it and clicking on Run Cleaner button in the bottom right hand corner.
Then click on Tools and choose Uninstall. You can copy and paste that list of installed programs in your
next post by clicking on the button in the bottom right corner.
Now click on Startups. There you will see Windows Startups, Browser startups and Tasks. Again, post the lists of
startups for each.

Adware is often found on new computers...imagine that.

Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.
While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.
POST THE LOG FOR REVIEW.

download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
Click on the Scan button.
AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
Download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559025/dell-laptop-with-windows-8-uninstalled-apps-re-appear-for-new-profiles/
Relevancy 50.31%

Brand new Dell Inspiron sweet little machine I am a Mac Windows 10 crash; Dell laptop store new apps MS fails user at work but needed this for certain apps that are only Windows Major Windows apps like Calculator Calendar and the like open then immediately close even the Microsoft Store won't work I am beyond frustrated My last Windows machine was a Dell and these are exactly the same sort of endless mind-numbingly frustrating OS issues that moved me to Mac that was eighteen years ago I have already wasted hours each day trying to Google a solution and nothing works Honestly how can this well researched and published major issue not be solved by now and why do I have Windows 10 new Dell laptop apps crash; MS store fails to go deep under the Windows hood to try to some dangerous geeky solution that is likely to cause even more problems So do I send this machine back to Dell talk to a tech fake from Pakistan or pay more than its Windows 10 new Dell laptop apps crash; MS store fails price to hire somebody to make the basic things work

A:Windows 10 new Dell laptop apps crash; MS store fails

Originally Posted by KBHopper

Brand new Dell Inspiron 11...sweet little machine. I am a Mac user at work but needed this for certain apps that are only Windows. Major Windows apps like Calculator, Calendar and the like open then immediately close...even the Microsoft Store won't work. I am beyond frustrated. My last Windows machine was a 1998 Dell and these are exactly the same sort of endless, mind-numbingly frustrating OS issues that moved me to Mac...that was eighteen years ago. I have already wasted hours each day trying to Google a solution and nothing works. Honestly, how can this well researched and published major issue not be solved by now and why do I have to go deep under the Windows hood to try to some dangerous geeky solution that is likely to cause even more problems? So do I send this machine back to Dell, talk to a tech fake from Pakistan, or pay more than its price to hire somebody to make the basic things work?

Hi KBHopper and welcome to Tenforums.
Sorry about your problems. I would suggest just doing a reset, or, if you've got the thing setup already and don't want to start from square one, do a repair install using an in-place upgrade. It's easy, and should resolve your issues. Basically, you download the ISO from MSTechBench, right-click and mount it, then run setup.exe. It will maintain all your programs and files, and fix everything else in the OS.

Hope that helps!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/55773-windows-10-new-dell-laptop-apps-crash-ms-store-fails.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Brand new Dell Inspiron sweet little machine I am a Mac user at work but needed this for certain apps that are only Windows Major Windows apps like Calculator Calendar and the like open then immediately close even the Microsoft Store won't work I am beyond frustrated My last Windows machine was a Dell and MS apps store Windows 10 Dell fails new laptop crash; these are exactly the same sort of endless mind-numbingly frustrating OS issues that moved me to Mac that was eighteen years ago I have already wasted hours each day trying to Google a solution and nothing works Honestly how can this well researched and published major issue not be solved by now and why do I have to go deep under the Windows hood to try to Windows 10 new Dell laptop apps crash; MS store fails some dangerous geeky solution that is likely to cause even more problems So do I send this machine back to Dell talk to a tech fake from Pakistan or pay more than its price to hire somebody to make the basic things work

A:Windows 10 new Dell laptop apps crash; MS store fails

Originally Posted by KBHopper

Brand new Dell Inspiron 11...sweet little machine. I am a Mac user at work but needed this for certain apps that are only Windows. Major Windows apps like Calculator, Calendar and the like open then immediately close...even the Microsoft Store won't work. I am beyond frustrated. My last Windows machine was a 1998 Dell and these are exactly the same sort of endless, mind-numbingly frustrating OS issues that moved me to Mac...that was eighteen years ago. I have already wasted hours each day trying to Google a solution and nothing works. Honestly, how can this well researched and published major issue not be solved by now and why do I have to go deep under the Windows hood to try to some dangerous geeky solution that is likely to cause even more problems? So do I send this machine back to Dell, talk to a tech fake from Pakistan, or pay more than its price to hire somebody to make the basic things work?

Hi KBHopper and welcome to Tenforums.
Sorry about your problems. I would suggest just doing a reset, or, if you've got the thing setup already and don't want to start from square one, do a repair install using an in-place upgrade. It's easy, and should resolve your issues. Basically, you download the ISO from MSTechBench, right-click and mount it, then run setup.exe. It will maintain all your programs and files, and fix everything else in the OS.

Hope that helps!

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/55773-windows-10-new-dell-laptop-apps-crash-ms-store-fails.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I installed Windows 8 enterprise eval x64 as a windows to go setup.  Everything works fine except when I goto the store to download an app I get the "your purchase could not be completed" error.  When I try to check for updates it fails with
code 80070057, when I try to use the trouble shooting program i get the same error as the updates.  I'm running as an admin with my Microsoft account, I have tried a local account.  I have been searching all day.Like electronic music? www.thespanningtree.net

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5ca56460-b1cc-40ce-8f97-4509ad96a083/windows-to-go-system-wont-update-wont-install-apps-and-troubleshooting-doesnt-work?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 47.73%

I was given a Windows 8.1 tablet that once had a detachable keyboard which the guy lost. he reset the whole computer and after I got my information on it instead. After the reset, Windows was no longer activated and I had to reactivate it. which neither of us knows why, it was activated before we did a data factory reset. after I created my user, I installed a bunch of exes. now I go to try to see if I could test out the Windows Store to search for apps. but I search "Windows Store" or "app store" and several other things that may bring it up, but it always says, "no apps match your search" like if the Windows store is missing or somehow magically removed with the reset process. How do I get it back?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588050/unable-to-get-apps-windows-store-no-apps-match-your-search/
Relevancy 47.3%
A:My windows store apps cannot update and i cannot install new apps also

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question error 0x87AF0001 this seems to be a new error, I haven't seen it before
As a standard suggestion - try restarting your device, checking your internet connection, checking time and region settings, checking if your microsoft account is syncing properly or not
What device is this? A pc or mobile?
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441352-my-windows-store-apps-cannot-update-i-cannot-install-new-apps-also.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Everyone I'm superlulu from France sorry my English I'm installing Windows on new computer for my organization I try to configurate one with fresh install package of apps like Libreoffice VLC etc for users and custom desktop describes in this crash apps Sysprep and and apps default windows tutorial Default User Profile - Customize in Windows - Windows Forums It works fine in audit mode I install apps drivers custom desktop Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash and configure default apps like google chrome for internet browser adobe reader for pdf files etc then I run the command line to enter oobe mode generalize Everything is ok I continue my install Then I create new user local account And when windows starts I have my custom desktop but default apps are removed Microsoft Edge replace Chrome Pdf files are read with Edge etc and Apps Windows like quot Weather quot or quot Actualities quot crash I really don't understand what happened i try many times for same issue Does anyone have an idea Thanks a lot

A:Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash

then I run the command line to enter oobe mode generalize. Everything is ok, I continue my install. Then I create new user local account. And when windows starts, I have my custom desktop but default apps are removed (Microsoft Edge replace Chrome, Pdf files are read with Edge, etc.)

I never tried sysprepping 10 but i have faced similar issues with 8.1. Turned out that you need to save the default app associations to an XML file using DISM (before Generalizing the image ) and later import it.

Export or Import Default Application Associations

Configure, export, import App File Associations in Windows 8.1

I have used "Setupcomplete.cmd" to auto import the app associations during the last face of install.

Add a Custom Script to Windows Setup
You may also need to disable the new app notification before generalizing the image.

New App Installed Notification - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/17255-sysprep-default-apps-windows-apps-crash.html
Relevancy 46.87%

This is on my Work laptop which has a Intel 915 graphics chip and so have to run it in "Basic" mode.

"Basic"

Playing Video in WMP12
Messenger Live 9 beta

In both cases, it will freeze the PC and will have to do a cold restart

McAfee AV 8.7i = service will not start
VMware Workstation 6 = Service does not start

A:Apps that do not Work

Acronis True Image Home 2009 Will not install any help around

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/1461-apps-do-not-work.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all, from some days I have a problem with my windows 8. The native applications (like Store, Music, Settings, etc) don't work. If I click on them, it show the corrispondent icon and after 3-4 seconds the app crash and I return on desktop. Same thing if I try to use the search function. I also noticed that inserting removable media (usb, hard disk etc) can not navigate inside (always crash), and if I go on Download folder, If I scroll down, crash and back to the desktop. All of this happened in a few days, before everything was fine. I didn't install strange application nor any other antivirus. What happened?

A:Win apps don't work (and not just)

If you are running an AV real time shield, turn it off to see what happens.

Post the result here before the next step.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37495-win-apps-dont-work-not-just.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I was using Windows 10 build 10316 normally until I use the Razer Game Booster.
After that, All Applications List in the start menu no longer shows any application...

I uninstalled the program but the problem persists.

Now, I update to build 10328 and nothing changes!

Any help?

P.S. Sorry my bad english.

A:windows 10 All apps List not showing any apps

Give this a try...................
How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 8 and 10
Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10

By the way, please do not apologize for your English.
1. Your English is wonderful.
2. English is not the only language in this planet. Be proud of your own national language.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/48115-windows-10-all-apps-list-not-showing-any-apps.html
Relevancy 46.44%

can someone post a comprehensive list of apps that ship with windows 8, and a list of currently available multimedia, web browser, and utilities apps available in the windows store, along with any news and weather apps please?

trying to find a list of apps on the net is a ye olde pain in the tukous...

A:apps that ship with windows 8 and apps available in store

Originally Posted by xraiderv1

can someone post a comprehensive list of apps that ship with windows 8, and a list of currently available multimedia, web browser, and utilities apps available in the windows store, along with any news and weather apps please?

trying to find a list of apps on the net is a ye olde pain in the tukous...

That's because there are thousands of em and more are added daily. So any list would be out of date.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/13851-apps-ship-windows-8-apps-available-store.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Have the apps being developed for W10M improved in quality or features compared with the old 8.1 apps? Or have they become worse?
I remember reading that Uber in W10M is worse compared with WP8.1 but the instagram app in W10M is better
What are your thoughts? Please state which app or apps you're basing your conclusions on
Thank you

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437675-windows-phone-8-1-apps-better-new-w10m-apps.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I?ve installed windows eight and it all seemed to go fine but I can?t get the apps to work. Everthing runs ok via the desktop but when I try to open an app it opens, shows the logo for a few seconds and then returns to the Start screen.

When I open my old programs I?m directed to the Desktop and I?m informed that ati catalyst doesn?t work.

Anyone know whats wrong or what I?ve missed?

A:Installed 8 - apps donīt work

Sounds like the video card drivers or a resolution problem, what are you running it on and at what resolution.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10628-installed-8-apps-don-t-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Does Microsoft have a tool for making sure that my hardware and apps and compatible with Win 8 before installing it?

A:Will my apps and hardware work in Win 8

MS hasn't released a Windows 8 equivalent to the Win7 Upgrade Advisor. I don't know if they plan to do so.

You can do it manually:

Windows 8 Release Preview Compatibility Center: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/7664-will-my-apps-hardware-work-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I love using the apps suddenly they've stopped working. When I click on one it automatically takes me to the regular desktop screen and gives me an error msg, I can only access websites using the regular desktop screen

A:Apps dont work

What "apps"? From where do you get taken to the "regular desktop screen"?

I can only access websites using the regular desktop screenClick to expand...

I don't understand. In general websites are accessed via a browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer). What is this "regular desktop screen"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apps-dont-work.1130294/
Relevancy 46.44%

I can't get any of the apps to work on my computer  ES1-512. Any suggestions

A:no apps will work any ideas

Assuming you're referring to "universal apps", what exactly do you mean when you say they're not working? You click on them and then what happens?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/no-apps-will-work-any-ideas/td-p/428239/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, i see there are some posts about built-in apps not working, but everything ends in the question about if creating a new user solves the problem.
Well, yes, it does.
Question is if there's any way to avoid this beside the a-b-c (sfc, powershell) and if there's not how to import all my settings and files to my new profile.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/51937-built-apps-wont-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Originally Posted by Maxeyas Thanks for the refresh advise I did refresh and now all my apps working again Beside quot Maps quot which crashes and its probably because I'm using the Nvidia beta driver hes the only one which supports windows right now hello this is my first post I also just got this problem after trying to launch a incompatible game that had a driver that didn't work which restarted my computer and made it stuck in an auto repair loop I fixed by doing a refresh windows when I logged on all metro apps came up with a X and an error in the all apps list It then restarted after installing updates it went to a auto repair loop again and again I did a refresh the same thing happened with the metro UI apps I then tried the create a new local account but the problem was that not only the app store was corrupted but the PC Settings as well so I cant do anything I still have all the important data on the apps don't and are work corrupted second internal HDD but I'm wandering if apps don't work and are corrupted a apps don't work and are corrupted Windows Restore would wipe the second HDD I have tried the app troubleshoot and that came up with cache not fixed and was corrupted I don't know what apps don't work and are corrupted to do PLZ help me I no longer go into an auto repair loop now but these metro UI apps don't work and are corrupted this is a new computer that I brought in July like months ago what do I do

A:apps don't work and are corrupted

Hello Dr4gonkiller96, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if going through the listed items in the tutorial below may be able to help with your apps to hopefully avoid Windows 8 restore.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/58303-apps-dont-work-corrupted.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to collect the log info for posting here, but neither DM log collector or SF Diagnostic tool will work. They both run to completion, and say the file is on the Desktop, but the file is not there. I have checked for hidden files and folders too, cannot find them. Any ideas? Thanks

A:Log collector apps do not work

If your computer is not creating DMP Files please follow this link: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

I look Forward to Helping you. [

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/345552-log-collector-apps-do-not-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have had trouble with Windows 10 since upgrading from 7 in summer. It now works on the administrator account but on the main user, all the apps but Cortana and Edge don't work and I can't even open Photos.
Help, please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apps-dont-work-with-one-user.1159062/
Relevancy 46.44%

I tried to install a partition Magic and Drive Image They both don t work They hang on the splash screen If I re-boot into safe mode however they will work but if I try to do any modifications on a partition it said some kind of file error requires to run chkdsk So I ran chkdsk and it corrected some kind of error file system error I Work! Don't PowerQuest Apps think and then Partition Magic worked but now today it will not work I think PowerQuest Apps Don't Work! this is some kind of windows problem PowerQuest Apps Don't Work! not powerquest problem because it works in safe mode What do I do BTW I also checked quot run in compatibility mode quot for win win win nt and that does not help I have un-installed Drive Image thinking it s the two not working well together but Partition Magic still wont get past the Splash and when this happens all else on the machine is frozen amp requires pressing the reboot button O S is win XP Home There is no spyware operating in the background - I checked msconfig s startup section plus ran ad-aware nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

I'm using Windows 8 Pro from the past month or so. Suddenly, from yesterday, Metro apps won't connect to the Internet. I tried reconnecting, disconnecting and nothing worked. So, I did a clean install and they worked. But, as soon as I updated them, they stopped working. The Apps troubleshooter says I'm not connected to the internet. But, I am connected as I can use everything on the desktop. Please help

A:Metro apps don't work

Hi there!

Are you using the retail edition or Technet edition?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10672-metro-apps-dont-work.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi as I said in the title most the stuff don't work which is a real pain needed to export some file of a program but it on don't this work. Switched my apps and most Help! of morning PC my is not working Switched on my PC this morning and most of my apps don't work. Help! so i ran a AVG free scan and it pretty much flagged up objects that all have generic VBS and generic trojan virus's so going though the list I noticed that it is nearly all the program that don't work are on that list in one form or another Now i know that its not the programs since they have been working for about a year but something must of infected the files when I do open a program that was on the list I get this error quot access violation at address at read of address quot and when i do open a program it open then closes pretty much straight away I did an DDS scan and a gmer scan but i could not find the correct way to disable AVG Free edition so i had left it on but i did uninstall Daemon tools Thanks for the help P S when i start up windows it comes up with lots of missing DLL files which wernt there a few days ago Log Start ------------------------------------------ DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Paul at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files IBM SQLLIB BIN db mgmtsvc exe C Program Files Zend MySQL bin mysqld exe C Program Files Common Files Native Instruments Hardware NIHardwareService exe C Windows system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exe C Users Paul AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files MOTU Audio MFWAKeys exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWWSC exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgui exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgscanx exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Paul Desktop dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWWSC exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System svchost exe -k Akamai C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings Proxy... Read more

A:Switched on my PC this morning and most of my apps don't work. Help!

Here is the Gmer log, if any of you can look at this i woudl be more than greatful.. i just realised afetr my AVG scan which flagged up most my programs as viruses it has deleted them
Thanks agian...

GMER 1.0.15.15530 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-11-17 19:11:35
Windows 6.1.7600 Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IdeDeviceP2T0L0-4 WDC_WD5000AAKS-00V1A0 rev.05.01D05
Running: gmer.exe; Driver: C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\kxldapod.sys

---- Kernel code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text ntkrnlpa.exe!ZwSaveKeyEx + 13AD 82092599 1 Byte [06]
.text ntkrnlpa.exe!KiDispatchInterrupt + 5A2 820B6F52 19 Bytes [E0, 0F, BA, F0, 07, 73, 09, ...] {LOOPNZ 0x11; MOV EDX, 0x97307f0; MOV CR4, EAX; OR AL, 0x80; MOV CR4, EAX; RET ; MOV ECX, CR3}

---- User code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe[404] ntdll.dll!NtResumeThread 77A85910 2 Bytes JMP 20025A5B
.text C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe[404] ntdll.dll!NtResumeThread + 3 77A85913 2 Bytes [5A, A8]
.text C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe[404] ntdll.dll!LdrLoadDll 77A9F625 5 Bytes JMP 200271EC
.text C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe[616] ntdll.dll!NtResumeThread 77A85910 2 Bytes JMP 20025A5B
.text C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe[616] ntdll.dll!NtResumeThread + 3 77A85913 2 Bytes [5A, A8]
.text C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe[616] ntdll.dll!LdrLoadDll 77A9F625 5 Bytes JMP 200271EC
.text C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe[648] ntdll.dll!NtResumeThread 77A85910 2 Bytes JMP 20015A5B
.text C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe[648] ntdll.dll!NtResumeThread + 3 77A85913 2 Bytes [59, A8]
.text C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe[648] ntdll.dll!LdrLoadDll 77A9F625 5 Bytes JMP 200171EC
.text C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe[648] WS2_32.dll!sendto 77863AED 5 Bytes JMP 2001745A
.text C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe[648] WS2_32.dll!closesocket 77863BED 5 Bytes JMP 20017765
.text C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe[648] WS2_32.dll!WSARecvFrom 7786418D 5 Bytes JMP 200176B8
.text C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe[648] WS2_32.dll!recv 778647DF 5 Bytes JMP 20017503
.text C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe[648] WS2_32.dll!WSASend 778668A7 5 Bytes JMP 2001757D
.text C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe[648] WS2_32.dll!recvfrom 7786BF39 1 Byte [E9]
.text C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe[648] WS2_32.dll!recvfrom 7786BF39 5 Bytes JMP 2001753D
.text C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe[648] WS2_32.dll!WSARecv 7786C29F 5 Bytes JMP 20017611
.text C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe[648] WS2_32.dll!send 7786C4C8 5 Bytes JMP 2001742C
.text C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Ap... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/switched-on-my-pc-this-morning-and-most-of-my-apps-dont-work-help-529329.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So I recently 'upgraded' to the very app-centric windows 8 and snagged a great Aspire U touchscreen all in one I thought would be optimal with it. Every app works outstandingly but I can't seem to get a normal browser like IE Firefox or Chrome to work for beans. I might get a homepage after 45 mins but forget actually accomplishing anything. I swore the browser worked the first day I got it?

Any thoughts?

A:Apps Work, Browsers Dont

Possibly multiple anti-virus programs competing with each other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apps-work-browsers-dont.1144775/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an HP TouchSmart running 1920x1080 res.
App logo fills the screen then reverts back to Metro Hub.
Very frustrating!

A:Apps Don't Load or Work from Metro Hub

Originally Posted by tvavra

I have an HP TouchSmart running 1920x1080 res.
App logo fills the screen then reverts back to Metro Hub.
Very frustrating!

I just installed 8 fresh on a laptop today. Turned UAC to bottom, rebooted. Obviously the Metro apps would not work.

So then I put UAC one level up from bottom. And now it has the same issue as you.

Moral of the story: Put UAC to default, reboot and then give it a try. I didn't bother testing because I don't really care either way.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/5346-apps-dont-load-work-metro-hub.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My computer has suddenly (in the past 24 hours) started exhibiting a number of problems.

- When I run my regular browser (firefox) and search for sites in google, when I click on links, my browser is sometimes (but not always) redirected to other sites: network.dsidemarketing.com, freesearchquick.com, 109.goldwebsearch.com, and some others I think. (I can try and find more if that?s useful). It seems to do this infrequently ? Maybe 1 click in every 20 or so ? but consistently.

- It appears that at least some programs that could previously access the internet can?t access it anymore. Mozilla thunderbird reports ?Failed to connect to server?. Google chrome appears to have stopped working.

- I tried downloading malwarebytes anti-malware. It seems to have installed okay, but when I run it, nothing seems to happen.

Any suggestions for what the problem might be or what I should do? Happy, of couse, to provide any more info.

Thanks!

A:redirects in firefox, other net apps don't work

I was able to get malwarebytes to run, by making a copy of the .exe file with a new name and funning that. But I can't get it to "update", I believe because it can't get internet access (as mentioned above: If seems like all apps other than firefox are blocked from the net). I'm running the "quick scan" now and will post results...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356070/redirects-in-firefox-other-net-apps-dont-work/
Relevancy 46.01%

hello i had upgraded from win 7 ultimate to win 8 pro.but the 2 metro apps(camera & video) dont work.it will open for a few seconds and turn me on start screen,in ''classic'' desktop windows screen i have no any problem.all my metro apps is updated.i have intel i7 q720 and my grafhic card is updated.what can i do?

A:metro apps dont work

Have you disabled UAC?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12567-metro-apps-dont-work.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When I try top open  the page chrome://apps/  in HP Chromebox  this is the message I received  This site can?t be reachedThe webpage at chrome://apps/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.  Using Widows 7 the web page opens with no problem.Any suggestions would be appreciated  Thanks  Stan 

A:Chrome apps does not work with Chromebox

Hi, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Something is broken in Chrome. I search for a specific fix but coudn't find one for ChromeOS. I have asked for assistance by another expert who could be able to help. Please, wait for a while.  If nothing helps and this option is important for you, you can try to perform system recovery to factory defult condition, here is how:>> https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1080595?hl=en-GB>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03662058 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Chrome-apps-does-not-work-with-Chromebox/td-p/5585003
Relevancy 46.01%

for some reason if i open a app it will not open but say its open on the task bar and i can hover over the and it will say its open

A:apps dont work have no idea why

win10? with or without August update?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/apps-dont-work-have-no-idea-why-4600858/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there,
I install the "cut the rope" app but when I click on it, it's close it

A:Open Apps but it's doesn't work

Someone can help me please??

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/7545-open-apps-but-its-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Windows is under the hood I understand pretty much windows Since I win - wont you Tons help? 7 Can apps work have had this new Win came with my gaming laptop I have found so many apps that will not run I also get errors on some apps that are trying to install errors I Google search says this is due to corrupt windows files - don't believe that this is Tons win 7 apps wont work - Can you help? straight out the box I have never had this much trouble getting apps to work when moving from one system to another even the switch from XP to Vista Win didn't give me this much trouble I'm frustrated For example a couple of apps I rely heavily on in win are Pserv which comes bundled with the Gtools from this site p-nand-q com Computer gtools pserv Pserv is an app which lets me set only the services I want to run and store them as an xml file I can load this profile whenever I need my system to run with minimal services This helps the PC run much faster for the task at hand is awesome for games better than any game booster app by not allowing extra services to run you don't need taking up resources People say you don't need this app because win does a great job of managing resources I say Horse hokey try this app and you'll be amazed at how much extra power you'll get disabling unneeded processes and services Warning if you do this you Must study all the services in your system to know which ones are safe to permanently disable - takes a day or two to learn AFAIK this app is one of a kind otherwise I'd try another app that does the same job The other heavily relied on app is Menu Uninstaller Lite from https sites google com site leizersoftware home This app gives you a right click menu option on desktop shortcuts that lets you uninstall the app directly from the shortcut I may be able to find another app that does this but haven't as of yet I consider these Must Have apps and if I can't run them on windows I may be forced to install a copy of windows on this laptop There are many more apps I didn't mention I don't know if it's really a problem with my windows installation or if it's the apps themselves Can you help

A:Tons win 7 apps wont work - Can you help?

if you tried out running the program in windows 7 compatibility mode (or vista) and it still doesn't work, check the developer support page for that software title.

the one I'm waiting for is FRAPS. its windows 8 support is crummy.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/15003-tons-win-7-apps-wont-work-can-you-help.html
Relevancy 46.01%

In my laptop AMD A8-7410 2.2 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM, Radeon R5 M430 2 Gb and R5 Graphics installed, and with this characteristics 3D apps, such as CS:GO, Herthstone, Torchlight 2 and e.t.c work really slow and with low FPS ( I gave the example of the most "light" games on my laptop). This apps work in high-perfomance mode, but still with low FPS. All latest updates are already installed, all drivers are updated, Windows is new, there are no any viruses and no another apps, which could use resources of laptop system.What should I do to increase FPS in 3D apps?And also I have another little question: in specifications of my laptop says, that Radeon R5 M430 installed here, but Radeon settings is written, that Radeon R5 M330 connected, how can It be? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Apps-with-3D-Graphics-work-too-slow/td-p/5740896
Relevancy 46.01%

I have xp pro with sp2 installed. I am running an amd 2600, a 120 gb hdd with 110 gb free. The programs that I download or get from a disk will not activate. What i mean is when the setup file is started, the hourglass comes into view for about a second then dissappears, but setup does not engage or continue. Computer remains to work ok other than that. Had my computer shut itself off and reboot for the first time as I was registering with this forum, but the setup problem seems to have taken place after an install of another program after the fresh install. I have re-formatted and reinstalled xp pro and now I was able to setup another program but not the one that it worked on before. Seems to be only exe files that it hates. What in the world can i do with your help ? thanks ernie

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello mates its my first time i post here
before 1 hour i updated to the last build but some problems appeared. I cant open Market when i click it shows the logo and then it close also when i try to play an mp3 it pops an error box saying "the remote procedure call failed" i cant open videos as well and also photos tab from start doesnt work too . How can i fix that?

I had a clean installation of the latest Official ISO from MS

for example when i try open a pic i get this

A:Several apps doesnt work after update

Hi all,

Did anyone found a fix for that issue? I'm experiencing it too and it's really frustrating.

I will provide logs & other information if needed.
I'd appreciate it if anyone with experience could have a look.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Marin

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/8330-several-apps-doesnt-work-after-update.html
Relevancy 46.01%

The weekend i did something to my laptop and could not open the apps also worth mentioning the maintenance
and repair program I found the best way to get round this is to do a system restore as long as you do software updates and windows defender after now i have back all of my original settings and apps that wprk

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/39032-apps-tiles-wont-work.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Downloaded and installed win 10. Didn't like it; reverted to win 8. Now, most of my apps will not run. The windows app repair will not run. The app store says these apps are on my computer, but they only flash the screen, they say "app cannot run. error 0x80070003.

A:apps don't work after reverting back to win 8 from win 10

Run Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Disable your antivirus program before running Windows Repair.How to Temporarily Disable your Anti-virushttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...Start at Step 1 ( very important ) do all the steps until you get to the final step ( Repairs ) Reboot when finished. Right click on the exe & click on > Run as administrator.http://i1-win.softpedia-static.com/... http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/...http://www.tweaking.com/http://www.tweaking.com/content/pag...http://i.imgur.com/Xc9NBsk.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/VajIQFA.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/TLWWxuk.gif

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/apps-dont-work-after-reverting-back-to-win-8-from-win-10/2225.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I believe I have registry errors but it could be a lot more It started when I updated my paid version of Avast and after running SuperAntiSpyware full scan and doing a disk cleanup maybe??? apps don't errors, Registry NEED HELP! ADV. Many work. Now many things don t work I couldn t even do a HiJackThis When I tried it got as far as the HiJackThis msi then gave me a blank screen The following errors are sporadic meaning they may work the first time but not the second or perhaps not even the first or third There is no consistency I sometimes get errors saying quot insufficient system resources quot or if I try to launch Google Chrome or MO Excel it ll say XXX exe not a valid command I even tried doing a Disk Error Check and it came back almost immediately with quot system is clean quot without even going through the steps RESTART does not work either I have to log off and log back Registry errors, maybe??? Many apps don't work. NEED ADV. HELP! on again And if I try to change my screen resolution my screen will die and I will have Registry errors, maybe??? Many apps don't work. NEED ADV. HELP! to do a hard boot Any suggestions I cannot afford to lose the data that I have nbsp

A:Registry errors, maybe??? Many apps don't work. NEED ADV. HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/registry-errors-maybe-many-apps-dont-work-need-adv-help.1059466/
Relevancy 46.01%

Microsoft Edge started not responding- couldn't turn it off and it wouldn't search. I can't open anything file wise. I can look in the file- just not open. Settings, Windows icon, nothing will open. I have done two hard resets. I was able to reach and run defender by backdooring through the search at the bottom. I clicked on it and found defender and ran it- it found nothing. I pushed CTRL-ALt-DEL to see if something was running on task manager- it wouldn't open. Saw at the bottom rt a power button. Hit it, and now BSOD.

This has to be a bug. The computer is new. Just got it in December. Mainly used for Internet browsing, photos and couponing. Please help.

One other thing,the carat at the bottom rt, for hidden icons when I hit it says defender- PC status protected and Outlook is closing.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52151-no-apps-work-bsod-when-trying-shut-down.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all this is my first post the is wont apps bit ntvdm.exe work 16 cause so first 16 bit apps wont work ntvdm.exe is the cause off heres my system info OS WinXP Home Edition sp CPU ghs celeron s Age of current windows install about months age of system about years ok heres the problem Whenever I want to install a bit application all games I put the cd in and the normal menu comes up with the options install tech support readme etc I click install and the menu disappears then a few hourglasses then nothing so I go ctrl alt delete and lo and behold ntvdm exe in the processes tab is taking up cpu I googled around for about afternoons and found that it is for bit applications and that this is a problem that has happened before but none of the methods on the other sites have helped heres what i ve tried Going in the system folder and deleting ntvdm exe and it s dll and then restarting the computer taking ntvdm exe and it s dll from my brothers vista laptop and putting it into my system folder uninstalling sp scanning my registry with iolo system mechanic none of those have worked and I tried contacting microsoft fpr support but they say go to the manufacturer of my computer instead sure whatever after years i ddoubt they would still help me so my current situation is bit games won t install my computer is old so that s what I mostly play they re still awesome games microsoft won t help I m thinking of having my computer reinstalled One more thing when the computer was formatted and windows reinstalled onto it about months ago these games did infact work so this must be fixable any help is good as I will know what to try and what not to try next time this happens Sincerely Newbie nbsp

A:16 bit apps wont work ntvdm.exe is the cause

i guess it isn't a stupid question or an easy question then.. oh well. Anyone want to upload their ntvdm.exe and its ntvdmd.dll to mediafire.com so I can download it and put it on my computer?

only do this if you are sure that you can run retro games on your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/16-bit-apps-wont-work-ntvdm-exe-is-the-cause.763892/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I am having a problem with metro apps which are using microphone When I open sound recorder app it says quot To get started connect your microphone quot Permission work apps doesn't mic with metro to use microphone is ON i mic doesn't work with metro apps have newest drivers installed realtek HD audio for win x Microphone is WORKING in other programs like skype classic sound recorder team speak etc I tried to remove drivers and use default windows drivers but with no luck Downloaded some other audio recording mic doesn't work with metro apps apps and also having problems with them but i am getting different error quot To use this feature you mic doesn't work with metro apps have to allow the use of microphone in the app settings quot I did turned it ON but receiving same error again Here are some screenshots http i imgur com pS eAAy jpg http i imgur com V NjUQ jpg http i imgur com KpFIKPh jpg http i imgur com fbkmjti jpg I have no idea what to do but this is driving me crazy it's freshly installed windows with all updates Is there some hidden option for app permissions in registry or some other place

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/53301-mic-doesnt-work-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So all a sudden I cannot access ie or firefox Programs like aim and even games like wow and cs work fine tho and can access the internet but im never able to display a browser Im not a complete noob but ive never heard access ie/firefox, other but apps Can work of this particular problem Can access ie/firefox, but other apps work I recently installed a startup program control pannel to control all that crap that i didnt want Can access ie/firefox, but other apps work starting when i booted my comp Im not sure if it happened exactly after i checked off many programs off my start list but i happened the same day which is why i thought that i may have checked something critical off but i really cant think of any critical programs that would affect ie only in the startup list and im pretty sure that the startup program control only lets you check off optional non critical programs but maybe im wrong When i go home im going to try repairing ie in the add remove program list and checking if my firewall may have accidently blocked it but i dont known why it would of all a sudden be blocked when i wasnt even playing with the settings for the firewall Has anyone heard of this problem before nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-access-ie-firefox-but-other-apps-work.604065/
Relevancy 46.01%

okay so i bought a new acer aspire one, updated the ram, updated to vista and everything has been fine. recently though the sound for some apps has stopped working. the two most noticeable ones are Windows media player, and SlingPlayer. windows media player will start to play the video but then gives me an error saying that the file may be in a different location, or might be in use. ive tried multiple files and all the same thing. Slingplayer streams video grat, but no audio. other apps, and sounds work fine though. any ideas?

A:sounds in some apps doesnt work

okay so i bought a new acer aspire one, updated the ram, updated to vista and everything has been fine. recently though the sound for some apps has stopped working. the two most noticeable ones are Windows media player, and SlingPlayer. windows media player will start to play the video but then gives me an error saying that the file may be in a different location, or might be in use. ive tried multiple files and all the same thing. Slingplayer streams video grat, but no audio. other apps, and sounds work fine though. any ideas?Hi spunks3,You can click over here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...ecs/codecs.aspx and make sure you have the latest codecs. Also, if you?re having problems with the Sling player, you might try checking out this site: http://support.slingmedia.com/go/desktop.Cheers,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219479/sounds-in-some-apps-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 46.01%

After going through all the immediate solutions for the problem:

Resolution is ok
User account enabled
delete ole keys from registry
update video drivers

I finally used the option: refresh windows 8

Note: this discards the installation of a lot of third party software!!
Had to reinstall Microsoft office and Kapersky Internet security 2013.

And lo and behold...... apps work!!!

A:Soluton to metro apps don't work

I have some apps that wasnot working well or always connecting ..
I did refresh
I got a message that says Some files are missing your windows installation or recovery disk may provide these files

plz help

the tunein app is always connecting
the Skype app is auto shutting down b4 the login

if I chose repair my pc from the installation disk will it help ???

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10677-soluton-metro-apps-dont-work.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have apps that will not install properly on Vista but work fine on XP I also have another app that won t work on Vista but installs correctly The app that installs good but won t work is the Nortel VPN client Version specifically for Vista - says that the EACFilt driver needs to be bound to my NIC But it IS bound to my NIC Tried uninstall reboot reinstall reboot test - that didn t work Tried unchecking EACFilt driver under apps but Some work not Vista, on on XP working NIC settings Some apps not working on Vista, but work on XP rebooting re-checking reboot test - no work The other apps that won t install correctly are the Cisco VPN client - I get a error indicating a Windows Installer issue from the research I ve done so I downloaded and installed the MSICUU application which installed Some apps not working on Vista, but work on XP fine and that didn t help Same app works find under XP and I ve confirmed the version I have is XP Vista compatible Next apps are Avaya Softphone and Avaya CMS Supervisor both work find under XP Softphone says it can t connect to the server because the Telephony isn t set up but it IS set up The error I got during Softphone install is that it can t find the file quot addprov exe quot but I have verified that it is there and was able to run it manually with no such luck CMS Supervisor gets to the end of the install then says it can t set the Win K XP permissions I m thinking this version isn t compatible with Vista but I downloaded the newest version that IS compatible with vista and got the same exact message Any ideas Avaya s Some apps not working on Vista, but work on XP tech support is virtually non-existant unless you have a contract with them so I m unable to get quot official quot support There is a new version of the Softphone but because the servers I need to connect to aren t the right version I can t use it licensing issues nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-apps-not-working-on-vista-but-work-on-xp.745127/
Relevancy 45.58%

I Internet and in work Safe only Mode Apps recently got the Blue Screen of Death and after shutting it down and starting it back up like I have done before my computer starts up Internet and Apps only work in Safe Mode fine but I can t seem to start any applications I ll click one say Google Chrome it ll appear to be loading hour glass and then nothing I also cannot connect to the internet All it says is it s an quot Internet and Apps only work in Safe Mode Unidentified Network quot I can t even use Windows Explorer to use system restore not that there is one to do it from But if I start up my computer in Safe Mode everything works just fine Applications start up and work Windows Explorer works and so does Internet I ve scanned my computer numerous time with Malwarebytes and Avast and removed anything that came up But it still hasn t fixed the problem I ve also run HiJack This but for the lie of me don t know what to do with it What could be causing this What can I do resolve this problem nbsp

A:Internet and Apps only work in Safe Mode

Welcome to TSG:
If everything works in safe mode with networking but not normal mode,my guess would be an application running in normal not running in safe mode.
So,I would take a look at the list of apps running in both modes and investigate the ones not running in safe mode.
This will probably be a bit labor intensive,but given your description,it seems to be the best avenue to pursue at the moment.
Listing running tasks in safe and normal mode.

Open a command prompt in normal mode and type the following command.

tasklist >c:\nortasks.txt
Do it again in safe mode with networking and use this command.

tasklist >c:\saftasks.txt

This will give you two text files in the root of C: that list the tasks running in each mode. Compare the lists and see what unique processes are running in normal mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-and-apps-only-work-in-safe-mode.852347/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi.

The strand thing that it's working perfectly in AIMP3 , but when I'm playing a movie in classic media player or YT video, only the center and right speakers are working . The others have this weeird , super low delayed sound , barely Noticeable .
This is my motherboard , maybe I've downloaded wrong drivers or something, but I'm pretty sure that before reinstalling my win7, I had this user friendly configuration tweak with sound options . Now it seems to be gone .
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A88TM/

A:5.1 surround doesn't work properly in all apps .

checked with driver detective =

it says that "high def audio device is out of date"

BUT

ive downloaded from the asus website the drivers!!!

deleted, installed again the drivers , and i had this problem in aimp too, but after configuring the audio device to 5.1 it began to work great in aimp , but again , nowhere else .

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/238347-5-1-surround-doesnt-work-properly-all-apps.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently just installed Windows 7 64bit Ultimate for the sake of upgrading RAM. I read about it before deciding should I go with 32 or 64bit and I was convinced that there would be no compatibility problems with 32bit applications, however, it didn't turn out to be this way.

Some 32 bit applications work as I expected, however, some give me the "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher."

This is extremely frustrating and while some of these programs are old (the games are new), they are definitely not 16 bit. It makes no sense. The same programs work for other people on 64bit windows.

I appreciate any help.

A:Some 32bit apps do not work on Win7 64bit

You can check if a particular version of a game or application is compatible here:
Windows 7 Compatibility: Software Programs & Hardware Devices: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/some-32bit-apps-do-not-work-on-win7-64bit-632315.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello, could someone tell me if its possible to have my laptop have windows media player playing on my secondary monitor whilst still having my main monitor free to let me work at the same time?

Thanks.

A:Set specific apps to work on secondary monitor?

Hello PainlessTorture,
If your second monitor will work on your laptop, then yes you can, i have mine playing music or videos all the time when I'm surfing.
You need to set it as "extended desktop".

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/246855-set-specific-apps-work-secondary-monitor.html
Relevancy 45.58%

ok so im not sure what ive done here Im fairly competent when using a computer but not to the extent i know all the in and outs and whys when it comes to problems Basically i tried to install something that i downloaded but there are a couple of problems that have happened since then and since they have happened at the same time i assume they are linked when trying to log u normally get a blue screen with the different user accounts on u probably know the one i mean blue screen with an icon and the persons name u click that to get onto missing apps letting certain files work not me that persons settings However instead it is now bringing up a box like you would have missing files not letting me work certain apps when logging into a computer at work with a user name and asking for a missing files not letting me work certain apps password Its not a big problem cos u can just type in the persons user name and click ok and still access their settings but its certainly not something ive purposely set up and i dont know how to change it back the other problem is that certain applications seem to be not working and im getting a message saying a certain file is missing e g i tried to open paint but i got a message saying missing shortcut and missing files not letting me work certain apps windows is searching for mspaint exe The same is happening with other applications as well including the following media center wordpad outlook express these are just the one ive discovered so far All bringing up that same message although obviously not saying mspaint exe but always some file name ending in exe I dont really know how to go about fixing the problem I have gone into control panel and in trying to fix problem i clicked user accounts but get a similar error message saying windows cannot find a certain file I tried to look on add or remove programmes to take of anything thats recently been added that might have caused a problem but i cant get into that either I have also attempted to do a system restore and the same thing came up only after a short while a message came up giving me an option of fix it so i clicked that but now when i click on system restore the hourglass thing loading comes on for literally a split second and then nothing happens Any help with the issues would be much appreciated as i say i havent knowingly changed anything other than attempt to install a programme it was a game actually so i dont see why it should have changed my setting but it seems to have done so feel free to ask for any further info thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Greetings all My dilemma began this morning I went to sleep last night after playing several games WoW TF Call of Duty chatting on AIM and Yahoo and checking E-mail The usual daily stuff When I woke this morning I found my laptop can no longer access ANYTHING that requires a username or password not Name/Password will sites/apps work. User I cannot log into my games I cannot connect to AIM Yahoo IRC cannot check E-mail on Hotmail load my Work E-mail nothing If it's a website it simply hangs at quot connecting to www website com quot for whatever site it is if it's Yahoo or AIM it simply hangs at the login then returns an error Games simply stall at the quot Connecting quot step I have restored my system to Monday when everything worked to User Name/Password sites/apps will not work. no avail I have downloaded SP which was probably long overdue and that did nothing I have changed nothing on my system since it worked at midnight this morning and when I awoke at am it was in its current state I am staying in a hotel and at first believed this to be the issue However I have a work laptop as well and was able to access all of the above services on both the Ubuntu and Windows sides of the laptop so I cannot blame the hotel Network It seems as though something was updated overnight which I cannot understand because Windows will not update unless I authorize it I had a firewall up as well so I don't think any intruders performed any malicious actions on my PC but who's to know really If there is any additional info I can provide please let me know Thanks

A:User Name/Password sites/apps will not work.

Welcome to TSF....

I suspect that your computer might be infected

IMPORTANT – Please Read This before Posting for Malware Removal Help:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-name-password-sites-apps-will-not-work-294095.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey, folks-in-the-know.

What's the best & most economical way to host / manage your own domain these days? Before I renew mine, I'm curious about what others are doing. I currently use Blogger (my site has five years of stuff on there), but it seems Google wants to force me into an Apps for Work account / deal (do I really need that now?), and I'm not totally happy with what Blogger allows. I'm comfortable with Wordpress, but unsure of dealing with them with your own domain. I hear / read you don't get much for free. I like a little flexibility, but don't need anything too flashy. Is there still an option to just renew my domain and use Blogger as my platform? Searching for help on Google's spaces hasn't solved my questions yet.

Thoughts?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/blog-platforms-google-apps-for-work.306801/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just got a new iPod.

I downloaded apps yesterday, then synced to iTunes today. The apps I downloaded yesterday no longer work...

Also, from in iTunes on my laptop, I can see my music library on my iPod. I try to, but am unable to, delete songs.

Suggestions?

Thanks

A:new iPod - old apps won't work, cant delete music

Did you have an old iPod synced with iTunes on that computer?
You downloaded apps where? In iTunes? Or on the iPod?
Was the sync today the first sync with the new iPod on that computer?
Did the sync complete or give you errors?
What does "no longer work" mean? You get an error? They're missing? They won't sync?
You're trying to delete songs how? If in iTunes, you delete them from the library and then sync. You can't delete music directly from the iPod in iTunes. If you don't want to delete the music from your iTunes library, then you need to change your sync options to not sync all music and then manually select which songs, artists, albums, or playlists you do want to sync.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-ipod-old-apps-wont-work-cant-delete-music.1033388/
Relevancy 45.58%

Just wondering before I bother to install 7, if the apps I have will work with it? I pretty much just use Windows when I want to run my greeting card app, so would upgrading to 7 even be beneficial for me considering I don't use Windows on a daily basis?

A:Is Win7 compatable with apps designed to work only with XP?

Its hard to say for sure on any particular app unless someone has already installed and used it with success. Here is what I said for Vista when this question came up, this should work for W7 also:
Here is some good advice when installing programs in Vista, This is good advice even if the program was designed for Vista.

Here is how to install software or drivers on Vista that are for XP,2000,NT4,98,95

1. Download your program to a folder of choice, Right click on the setup.exe file for the software/driver you are trying to install and select properties, if there is an "Unblock" button on the General Tab, click it, then go to the compatibility Tab

2. Tick the "run this file in compatibility mode" box and then select XP, or whatever OS the software was designed for, in the drop down box, Tick "run as Administrator" if it is available, hit OK. If it was designed for Vista then skip compatibility and only use run as administrator.

3. Now double click this setup.exe file to execute the install process, hopefully all will go well and install the drivers/Software you need.

4. If the exe installs software for the device, or you have installed software only, you need to navigate to the program folder where it installed, then do the compatibility thing (1 & 2) again for the program executable(s). If the program was designed for Vista skip compatibility mode, just tick "run as administrator"

I do not guarantee all drivers or software to work in Vista, but a large percentage do..

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-win7-compatable-with-apps-designed-to-work-only-with-xp.856853/
Relevancy 45.58%

I m posting my HiJackThis log there hoping someone can help me with what appears to be a network Malware Possible network not to apps causing work issue In summary the issue is after a reboot I can t access any network devices open IE open Firefox etc for minutes seems to be exactly minutes every time Processes start and show as running in Task Manager but they don t open up Details on what I ve tried including MalwareBytes SuperAntiSpyware McAfee Virusscan chkdks etc are posted on this thread http forums techguy org web-email -web-browsers-both-ie- -a html Everything works fine in safe mode Thanks in advance for any help Possible Malware causing network apps to not work advice Alec Possible Malware causing network apps to not work Here s my HiJackThis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exe C Program Files Iomega QuikProtect QpMonitor exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Iomega QuikProtect QuikProtect exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files HiJackThis TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sb sbcydsl http www yahoo com sear ch ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http att my yahoo com p html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-malware-causing-network-apps-to-not-work.908292/
Relevancy 45.58%

I finally found wifi to download a couple of apps that I had heard were good - Vinci and Matissa photo editing apps
I downloaded them (something like 15MB each) and then went home.
When I tried opening them, both apps say I need internet to download the filters and content. So what was all that 15MB for?
And how much data am I going to use up to download the filters? Am I going to keep downloading them every time?
I don't need backwardness like this from a simple app that has no need for internet. I've downloaded apps like fantasia, picsketch, pencil painter and others where no internet was ever needed for them to work
I don't know where this ill informed decision came from

A:So when did apps start needing internet to work?

Originally Posted by Chintan Gohel I finally found wifi to download a couple of apps that I had heard were good - Vinci and Matissa photo editing apps
I downloaded them (something like 15MB each) and then went home.
When I tried opening them, both apps say I need internet to download the filters and content. So what was all that 15MB for?
And how much data am I going to use up to download the filters? Am I going to keep downloading them every time?
I don't need backwardness like this from a simple app that has no need for internet. I've downloaded apps like fantasia, picsketch, pencil painter and others where no internet was ever needed for them to work
I don't know where this ill informed decision came from I use Vinci, I confirm first time it updates its free filters

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441075-so-when-did-apps-start-needing-internet-work.html
Relevancy 45.58%

So Today,
when I used one of my Metro App(Asphalt 8), The game showed the Gameloft logo but right after that it crashed.
Then I used another app which was Weather.. but it worked fine.. Again I tested Facebook app and it also crashed...
So then I downloaded one app (Flappy Birds Free) and it also crashed.. So from my idea I think that the downloaded apps are getting crashed.. I tried several fixes like using another user, turning off Windows Defender and Firewall, Clean booting, Updating Video drivers, scanning for viruses, using Metro apps troubleshooter, sfc /scannow, and all sorts of things.. There is only one more option left and that is to refresh Windows. But I don't have 8 CD. It got broken.. and I can't afford to buy a new one.. What should I do now?

A:Downloaded Metro Apps doesn't work

Have you tried running:

WSReset.exe

In an administrator command prompt?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/41579-downloaded-metro-apps-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok I ve read through some posts on here and it seems to me the people who may have had the same problem didnt get the whole story out yesterday at am my internet was working fine yesterday at am it quits working let me explain the computers through the house are desktop PC s one netbook and one laptop the pc s connect to the router via a switch the netbook and laptop use the wireless router the wireless router is not specifically just a wireless router it goes both has Internet work dropped Apps throughout still house the but ways hardline and wireless here s the problem after am the netbook still had connectivity to the internet via wireless even though my laptop did not the internet is still connected to all of them browsers like google chrome firefox and IE do not work i CAN talk to my friends via skype and steam but just like a browser steam s store will not load here s the funny part the Internet has dropped throughout the house but Apps still work netbook still had browsing ability until pm last night we checked all the ip s and MAC addresses on the computers to make sure nothing was conflicting nothing was packets were coming in and out at normal rate but none of our browsers worked we do have comcast and my father told me that comcast gives you norton for free for using them i have read on here that removing norton magically solves the problem but of the computers does not run norton and i also do not see the logic behind this we have also recieved emails from comcast Internet has dropped throughout the house but Apps still work exclaiming that they have reports of quot bot emails quot coming from our I P s could this have been an attack on our network or some network virus I had an idea that it could be someone messing with the proxy s on our computers please help i like my internets btw im on my work computer the internet here works fine nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I have the HPDV ea which I bought back in I just wanted to know if windows will run smoothly on my laptop like it does on demonstrations videos I've seen on you tube Also I've seen it work 8 my Windows on laptop? Will starts ups in a matter of seconds on some laptops do I need a high end laptop for that or will I get similar start up speeds on the specs my laptop currently has Thanks Specs Product Name dv ea Product Number FM EA Microprocessor GHz Intel Pentium dual core processor T Microprocessor Cache MB Level cache Memory MB x MB x MB Memory Max Up to GB Up to GB may not be available due to -bit operating system resource requirements Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce M GS Video Memory Up to MB MB dedicated Hard Drive GB Multimedia Drive Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD R RW Double Layer Display WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen x Fax Modem High speed K modem Network Card Ethernet BT integrated network interface Wireless Connectivity Intel PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Sound Altec Lansing speakers D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound bit integrated Keyboard key compatible Pointing Device Touch Pad with On Off button and dedicated vertical Scroll Up Down pad volume control mute buttons Quick Launch Buttons PC Card Slots One ExpressCard slot also supports ExpressCard External Ports -in- integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards MultiMedia cards Memory Stick Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards USB VGA port HDMI connector RJ modem connector RJ ethernet connectorS-video TV out headphones-out mic-in IEEE remote control infrared port remote optional cable docking connector Dimensions cm L x cm W x cm min H cm max H Weight kg lbs Power W AC Power Adapter -cell Lithium-Ion Li-Ion battery What's In The Box HP Will Windows 8 work on my laptop? Pavilion WebCam with Will Windows 8 work on my laptop? Integrated Microphone HP Mobile Remote Control

A:Will Windows 8 work on my laptop?

Hi,

It will run Windows 8 fine. Don't bother with x64. Install x86 (32 bit).

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/6385-will-windows-8-work-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Processor AMD Turion? 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-56
Ram 1024 MB
Hard Disk 160 GB SATA
Screen 15.4? WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen
Optical Drive Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support
Graphic Card NVIDIA? GeForce? 7150M
WiFi Yes
Bluetooth Yes
Mod Lan Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN
Card Reader 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
Finger Print Yes
ieee IEEE 1394a
USB 3 ports
Built in Camera Yes
Carry Case -
OS Genuine Windows Vista? Home Premium
Weight 2.86 Kg
Battery 65 W AC Power Adapter
Will this features work for Windows 7 ?

Plz help me know it ....

Thnx in advance