Windows Support Forum

Google To Microsoft: Remove YouTube App From Windows Phone

Q: Google To Microsoft: Remove YouTube App From Windows Phone

Google sure loves to play the Bully Google To Microsoft Remove YouTube App From Windows Phone Store It is the battle of giants and video is at the center of their conflict No sooner did Microsoft update its YouTube app for Windows Phone then Google the parent company that owns the popular video sharing service issued a cease Microsoft: To Windows Remove Phone Google From YouTube App and desist letter instructing the software giant to remove the YouTube app from the Windows Phone Store Google has demanded that Microsoft remove the app within a week s time We request that you immediately withdraw this application from the Windows Google To Microsoft: Remove YouTube App From Windows Phone Phone Store and disable existing downloads of the application by Wednesday Google To Microsoft: Remove YouTube App From Windows Phone May the Google letter to Microsoft read What is at the core of this matter The Microsoft YouTube application contains no ads which Google claimed impacts those content creators that are paid via Google s partner program Google further alleges that this is a violation of the YouTube API terms and conditions Content creators make money on YouTube by monetizing their content through advertising Unfortunately by blocking advertising and allowing downloads of videos your application cuts off a valuable ongoing revenue source for creators and causes harm to the thriving content ecosystem on YouTube the letter added We were surprised and disappointed that Microsoft chose to launch an application that deliberately deprives content creators of their rightful earnings especially given that Windows Phone users already have access to a fully-functional YouTube application based upon industry-standard HTML through the web browser Microsoft had launched the YouTube app for Windows Phone on May and while the Microsoft Windows Phone Store does not disclose the number of downloads for the app the YouTube app was reportedly reviewed by more than users and as of this week was the fifth-most-downloaded free app in the catalog Source Google Calls On Microsoft To Delete YouTube App - Technology News - redOrbit And the fights go on Chas

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/26332-google-microsoft-remove-youtube-app-windows-phone.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Google To Microsoft: Remove YouTube App From Windows Phone

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 59.34%

I ve tried multiple anti-everything programs from Super Anti-Spyware Malwarebytes ComboFix Spybot S amp D and various online scans that have found nothing or found something but never fully cleaned my system For a week or two Google was being redirected to various ad sites but after my system was quot cleaned quot everything was fine Now today anything remotely related to Google won t load at all I ve tried to manually remove with also, "not found Google virus Google shows E... a Google no Infected nginx" that Youtube, or Chrome Google, redirects the TDSS google-redirecting virus but I have none of the Infected with a virus that redirects Google, shows Google "not found nginx" also, no Youtube, Google Chrome or Google E... files that supposedly come along with the virus DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Des at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Enabled Updated A C F E - FDE- -AFAE- EFC EDE Running Processes C Windows system svchost exe Infected with a virus that redirects Google, shows Google "not found nginx" also, no Youtube, Google Chrome or Google E... -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Windows system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files LSI SoftModem agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Infected with a virus that redirects Google, shows Google "not found nginx" also, no Youtube, Google Chrome or Google E... LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system nvsvc exe C Windows Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system tcpsvcs exe C Windows System snmp exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc D Program Files Amazon Amazon Unbox Video ADVWindowsClientService exe D Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Documents and Settings Des Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Des Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Des Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Des Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe Pseudo HJT Report mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt e d- - fd- c - a f - c program files divx divx plus web player ie divxhtml DivXHTML dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File TB -D C - - FA - E EAAC - No File TB AAC-C - - E A- E A E - No File TB C B - - D - B - A CD F - No File uRun RocketDock quot d program files rocketdock RocketDock exe quot mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun APSDaemon quot c program files common files apple apple application support APSDaemon exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun AdobeCS ServiceManager quot c program files common files adobe cs servicemanager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin IE Append Link Target to Existing PDF - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks html IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE Free YouTube to MP Converter - c documents and settings des application data dvdvideosoftiehelpers freeyoutubetomp converter htm IE Google... Read more

A:Infected with a virus that redirects Google, shows Google "not found nginx" also, no Youtube, Google Chrome or Google E...

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442932/infected-with-a-virus-that-redirects-google-shows-google-not-found-nginx-also-no-youtube-google-chrome-or-google-earth-service/
Relevancy 58.05%

After a full restart of the phone, I can't connet to my Microsoft account. I go into setting, email+account, add account then, when i click on the microsoft one, nothing happens. and I also can't connect to the Store. I checked the time/date/ region
and everything is ok. This only happens with my phone, the laptop connects perfectly. 

A:windows phone - can't get into my microsoft account

did you upgrade your phone? from Windows 8 to 8.1?
If yes, follow this step
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq
if cant work I suggest you reset your phone to isolate phone issue
For more details TS, I suggest contact Windows phone forum
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/contact-us

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/30ea7132-f526-48f0-b6b0-639803a5c6e1/windows-phone-cant-get-into-my-microsoft-account?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.05%

What sort of smartphone can you buy for just $70? Well you're about to find out, as Microsoft just launched the Lumia 430, their latest budget handset that features surprisingly okay specifications for a very low price tag.

Read more

A:The Microsoft Lumia 430 is a $70 Windows Phone

For 70 bucks I'm sure you could do worse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-microsoft-lumia-430-is-a-70-windows-phone.210398/
Relevancy 57.62%

So, I was trying to watch a YouTube video using Microsoft edge, whenever I hit the fullscreen button it freezes the video and then either closes Microsoft edge or refreshes the page, I don't know why this is. It does not only do it on YouTube it does it
on other sites. When I use a different web browser it works so it is only a problem with Microsoft Edge. Any solution?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca9c95f0-507d-4854-87bc-37be7c15f7e8/windows-10-microsoft-edge-youtube-problem?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 57.19%

I purchased Windows 7 upgrade yesterday and tried to upgrade my Vista Home Premium to Windows 7. The install stopped with an error message that I needed to uninstall Google Toolbar and Microsoft Interactive Training before the upgrade could complete. But neither of those programs are listed in the Control Panel. I wrote to Windows 7 support and guess what, they wrote back that I needed to call an MS number and that I might be charged for the service. I HAVE TO PAY TO MS TO INSTALL MS SOFTWARE I PURCHASED? AND PAY TO UNINSTALL MS SOFTWARE THAT IS PREVENTING THE UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 7? Before I return the software and stay with this @$%#$ Vista I'll try one more time. Can anyone out there help me get rid of those two programs?

tHANKS
Bill

A:Remove Google Toolbar/Microsoft Interactive Training before Upgrade?

As you are finding, an in-place Upgrade is an inferior install which imports corruption from Vista into your new Win7.

It is much better to start fresh with a clean install. Back up your files, make your Vista Recovery Disks in case you ever want to restore to factory condition, then wipe the HD for cleanest slate:
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

The installer is driver-complete, with newer arriving quickly via optional Windows Updates. Any drivers then missing can be found on the Support Downloads webpage for your model computer or device. Only change drivers if performance dictates, starting with chipset and display.

Install programs slowly to gauge performance after each. Don't let programs write themselves into msconfig>Startup as they become freeloaders on RAM/CPU to spy on you. I only allow AV and gadgets.

Run a lean mean AV which doesn't bloat your OS like free MS Security Essentials.

After it is done, clean and order your HD perfectly with state-of-the-art CCleaner ("Run Cleaner" and Registry tabs) then Auslogics Disk and Registry defraggers monthly.

Then save a backup image externally so you never have to reinstall again, just reimage the HD or replacement in 15 minutes from DVD Repair console using stored image.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/101295-remove-google-toolbar-microsoft-interactive-training-before-upgrade.html
Relevancy 57.19%
Relevancy 57.19%

My windows phone keeps saying: "Can't connect We're having a problem signing in. Make
sure you have good reception. If you do, the problem may be on the other end. Wait a little while and try again." Whenever we try to login to our windows account. We've had this problem for a long time and can't get around this problem no matter what
we try. Please Help! thanks...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/593680f8-e80b-4e79-b0ab-ae3f9884c845/windows-phone-microsoft-account-login?forum=itprovistasetup
Relevancy 57.19%

why my Microsoft lumia 535 windows phone will not ring when there is whatsapp/skype call and the screen is locked? Though I have a WiFi connection and have reinstalled both these apps. I guess you guys better help me with this or am moving to android phone....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

A:Microsoft lumia 535 windows phone will not ring

Do you have battery saver turned on? Or have these apps been blocked from running in the background? Kindly register/login with your account and post more details.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443264-microsoft-lumia-535-windows-phone-will-not-ring.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi - I hope this is the right place for this, I did not see a Windows 8 Phone forum...

I have an HTC PMM23300 phone on TMobile. I've been trying for weeks to get it to sign in to my Microsoft account. But whenever I try, it tells me "Can't Connect. We're having a problem signing in. Make sure you have good reception. If you do, the problem may be on the other end. Wait a little while and try again."

Well... I've certainly tried waiting. I've tried resetting the phone. I've tried resetting the phone to factory settings in case it is in a "bad state" as Microsoft suggests... but still no go. It does it on WiFi and on cell data.

Anyone have any suggestions to help? I like the phone, but I'm ready to get rid of it and go back to an iPhone... things shouldn't be this hard.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74652-cannot-sign-microsoft-account-windows-8-phone.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I created an additional youtube account and now can no longer access youtube at all I have seen several similar questions asked about this online - all of which found no answer So who ever can solve this will be please! I additional youtube/google an get Help youtube! creating can't After account a genius I created an additional youtube account and the forcefully linked google account that comes with it Upon completion the screen froze So I closed the windows signed out and back into explorer searched 'youtube' clicked it and it would not enter the Help please! After creating an additional youtube/google account I can't get youtube! site - the loading bar freezing half way with a blank white page displaying At first I didn't take it seriously as I've had no trouble with youtube before But it soon became clear I had a real problem This is what I've tried so far Signing out of Help please! After creating an additional youtube/google account I can't get youtube! my google account Signing in to my other youtube google accounts via the google account page and selecting the option to enable multiple account use Signing in to my other youtube google accounts via the google site and deleting them one by one Norton quick scan Norton full system scan and repair Norton Utilities - clean disks computer and internet traces Norton Utilities - clean registry Web safety - delete browsing history Downloaded Opera - to see if a new default browser would work Attempted to download and utilize Adobe Flash Player - incase my flash player was crashed - but I don't see how it could have crashed and it seems a lot more likely that it was due to me creating an additional youtube google account since the problem occured directly after doing so In any case the Adobe Flash Player didn't seem to download properly or launch when downloaded times Tried just waiting it out but problem still very much in play the next day and this evening Have followed what littlle clues shared on similar questions asked online - all led to a dead end Have tried asking for help on yahoo and google answers but next to no replies Followed the advises of the only responding reply below Checked my host file for google com - it was not there so didn't have to remove it Uninstalled flash and downloaded it again Pinged youtube com and it is pinging correctly Now my only hope is that some genius who knows a way to fix this will come up with a solution I'm out of ideas now And the problem remains the same - can't access youtube AT ALL with or without being logged into an account Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you don't know the answer to this - perhaps you could tell me If I was to change the sim card in my dongle - would that give me a new IP address I'm just thinking maybe youtube google accounts have blocked my IP address for creating additional accounts - although that does seem highley unlikely Any help or ideas greatly appreciated

A:Help please! After creating an additional youtube/google account I can't get youtube!

Is it against their rules to create multiple accounts? If they blocked you then I do believe it is the policy here that no help can be offered to get around it.

I'd try a different computer from the same location, see if it has the same issues or not.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/help-please-after-creating-an-additional-youtube-google-account-i-cant-get-youtube-578492.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Nothing major. But on my laptop, I have a 'Windows Phone' icon next to my DVD drive and hard-drive icon. The Windows Phone isn't even connected anymore, and was wondering how I get rid of the icon? Looked in the devices folder, but it isn't listed.

A:Remove Windows Phone From Devices & Drives??

Also, when I double click on it, nothing happens. :/

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55537-remove-windows-phone-devices-drives.html
Relevancy 56.76%
A:how to sing out of microsoft account from windows phone 8 ..lumia

Please ignore.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444954-how-sing-out-microsoft-account-windows-phone-8-lumia.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I had to reset my Windows Phone. During setup I have to enter a Microsoft account (I used my @Outlook.com account). After setup finishes I see that my emails and calendar are completely synced. Perfect. But people (contacts) are not and the app requests to add an account. When I try to add the @Outlook.com account I get a message that the account already exists.
When I go to Settings | Email + Account and I click on the existing Microsoft Account I see Content to sync: Email. There are no other options to sync calendar, contacts or tasks.
How can I get the contacts of my @Outlook.com account to sync on my WIndows 8 Phone?
Thanks
Marc

A:Why does my Microsoft account not sync contacts to my Windows 8 Phone

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I had to reset my Windows Phone. During setup I have to enter a Microsoft account (I used my @Outlook.com account). After setup finishes I see that my emails and calendar are completely synced. Perfect. But people (contacts) are not and the app requests to add an account. When I try to add the @Outlook.com account I get a message that the account already exists.
When I go to Settings | Email + Account and I click on the existing Microsoft Account I see Content to sync: Email. There are no other options to sync calendar, contacts or tasks.
How can I get the contacts of my @Outlook.com account to sync on my WIndows 8 Phone?
Thanks
Marc which phone model is this? Can you update the phone to 8.1? The newer OS might make it work
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439214-why-does-my-microsoft-account-not-sync-contacts-my-windows-8-phone.html
Relevancy 56.76%

how can I get my current password back on my Microsoft metropcs phone please help me out I forgot the password

A:How can I get my current password on my Microsoft Windows 8 on my Metro PCS phone?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question how can I get my current password back on my Microsoft metropcs phone please help me out I forgot the password I bet via pc / notebook, clicking on Forgot password link...
Or on phone open web browser, enter hotmail.com, and tap link Forgot password

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/429506-how-can-i-get-my-current-password-my-microsoft-windows-8-my-metro-pcs-phone.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I've recently changed my email provider so I changed my email and alias in my windows account.

My Xbox etc stopped working until I signed in with the new email address and now works perfectly.

My Nokia 920 has obviously also stopped connecting to the store/music and Xbox until I change to the new email address of the new windows account.

The problem is I just see how to change it, it doesn't seem to have an option to change sign in email address.

Am I being daft?

Thanks

A:Microsoft Account issue on Windows 8 Phone Nokia 920

How to change the Microsoft account on your Windows Phone

Unfortunately, you have to RESET your phone to do it, so you might have to re-purchase any apps that are not added to the new MS account.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33686-microsoft-account-issue-windows-8-phone-nokia-920-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I own a Lumia 650 and when I get emails from the Microsoft store or just go there from the browser its mangled garbage. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a setting issue? You would think Microsoft would have a site that works with Windows phones they sell.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441024-why-does-microsoft-store-web-site-not-work-my-windows-phone.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I had upgrade my windows 8.1 to 10 whithout reset phone. After upgrade gmail account was syncing but my live account doesnt sync contacts, mail and calender. pls help.

A:I cant able to sync microsoft account in my window phone. Windows 10 OS

remove the account, reboot and re-add it?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439966-i-cant-able-sync-microsoft-account-my-window-phone-windows-10-os.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Review..

I just upgraded and I like it.

A:Microsoft Office Mobile 2010 (Windows Phone)

windows phone only?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/89402-microsoft-office-mobile-2010-windows-phone.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have used android phones for a long time so i like Google Keep but now i have a windows 8 phone Nokia Lumia 920 but still i want to use Google Keep so is this app available on windows 8 store to download, please let me know how can i install it on my Nokia lumia phone?

A:Google Keep for Windows 8 Phone

Hi there and welcome to Eightforums,

have you already tried searching the store using your Windows Phone? You can also seach using a computer through the Windows Phone site ==> The Smartphone Reinvented Around You | Windows Phone (United States)

I don't think Google Keep is available for Windows Phone though. I can't find it and that does not surprise me. Google isn't to kind to Microsoft and is doing everything they can to bully the Windows Phone users. So don't expect a Google Keep app will every become available.

But don't worry. Windows Phone is a great Phone OS and the Nokia Lumia 920 a great Phone! Just search for a non Google alternative.

Greetz,

Rover

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/32365-google-keep-windows-8-phone.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
I have a Lumia Phone, with Windows 8 in it.
software is up to date.
I want to remove the Game button from the Application list ( Not asking about removing a game ; but Game button itself ), so there is no game gets installed by any chance.
Hope you helps
thanking you
Aliasgar

A:How do I remove the GAME BUTTON from my Windows 8 Lumia Phone?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hello,
I have a Lumia Phone, with Windows 8 in it.
software is up to date.
I want to remove the Game button from the Application list ( Not asking about removing a game ; but Game button itself ), so there is no game gets installed by any chance.
Hope you helps
thanking you
Aliasgar If you mean remove the live tile, just long press and unpin. If you want to uninstall, sorry you can't do that.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/378351-how-do-i-remove-game-button-my-windows-8-lumia-phone.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Quote:

A Windows Phone app from Microsoft called Phone Insider has been discovered today. The app could possibly signal that the company is preparing to launch its rumored preview version of Windows 10 for smartphones.

The short description of the app simply says: "The Phone Insider application provides registered Windows Insiders the ability to receive pre-release OS updates on their phone, directly from Microsoft. For more information about registering and becoming a Windows Insider visit http://insider.windows.com."

New Microsoft Phone Insider app may be a prelude to a Windows 10 preview for phones | Windows Central

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/new-microsoft-phone-insider-app-may-be-a-prelude-to-a-windows-10-preview-for-phones-944170.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Microsoft working on 'Apollo+' update for Windows Phone 8

Microsoft is allegedly working on an update to Windows Phone, called Apollo+. This will be a minor '.1' update that will add some of the features missing in the initial release, such as support for VPN networks and OTA updates. It will also include bug fixes for issues such as Wi-Fi connection bug. Microsoft reportedly ran out of time for the initial release of Windows Phone 8, due to which they had to leave out features such as a notification center. You can expect to see these features roll out gradually in future updates for Windows Phone 8.

Good thing, hopefully, this update will arrive sooner than I was expecting.

In related news, WinPho 7.8 may arrive this week.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-working-on-apollo-update-for-windows-phone-8-winpho-7-8.187607/
Relevancy 55.9%

The updates are mostly provided only those phone with spec 1gb of ram. And how about those below 1gb, are they ignored? Come-on, that is one of the reasons why you have not a customer as much as uv expected. Thank You.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436070-why-microsoft-neglected-windows-phone-users-used-model-512-mb-ram-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Microsoft reveals 23% of user upgrades to Windows Phone come from Android

Not a surprising number, considering instability + performance (and security) issues with many many android sets.

A:Microsoft reveals 23% of user upgrades to Windows Phone come from Android

I kindof just can't wrap my head around those numbers though. The Feature Phone to Smartphone upgrades are all great! But I wonder what kind of Android handsets the WP8 users are coming from. For instance I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Ace (Crappy Android Phone) to an "Ativ S" (ridicilously cheap top of the line WP8 Phone). That said though, I really regret doing so because this far WP8 has been pretty much only a disappointment as far as I'm concerned. And I think anyone coming from a proper Android handset will be equally if not more disappointed then what I am.

Hardware wise my Ativ S is absolutely phenomenal value for the money. But decisions such as locking the Search button to "Bing Only" (who the **** uses bing over google, seriously?) or not supporting swiping keyboards is just really killing it.

I'm not saying it's all bad. I'm likely to keep my Ativ S for a couple of years and it serves me very well for the most importaint tasks, such as calendar usage/todo lists/notes/email/photos and all of that. But with the direction microsoft are taking I think it's really quite unlikely that I will ever buy another windows phone handset.

It's kindof like I have a really good phone, and I know it's really good. But I JUST DON'T LIKE IT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-reveals-23-of-user-upgrades-to-windows-phone-come-from-android.193925/
Relevancy 55.9%

so heres my network setup...one modem/router (provided by my ISP) , it does not have wifi so i have another wifi router ....an ethernet cable from the isp modem is connected to the WAN port of the wifi router...both DHCPs enabled and all my network clients are connected to the wifi router...everything works flawlessly but my phone, (Sony Ericsson W960)....youtube doesnt work when i use this network setup...but if i make the wifi router act simply as a switch, then youtube works on my phone...any idea why this is happening? i want to use the setup that i have because it gives me greater control over the network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youtube-not-working-on-phone.159413/
Relevancy 55.47%

Phone - Lumia 730, new purchase. Account was setup using the current Microsoft Live Account. The account syncs up with the phone but not all contacts are showing up in the phone - People Hub

A:Why am I unable to sync contacts with Microsoft Live account on my Windows 8 phone?

Check in the People Hub if it only shows contacts with a phone number.
Under "People" you see "contacts" and under "contacts" you see "show"
So tap on "show"
Good luck

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/361474-why-am-i-unable-sync-contacts-microsoft-live-account-my-windows-8-phone.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Went through the hard reset 6 times in order to locate what is responsible for loosing the voice driving navigation. Yes, it is exactly MAPS own update which drops the voice guidance.
Microsoft support is not able to provide any suggestions.

A:The voice guidance is lost after maps app is updated on microsoft 650 windows 10 phone

Which build are you running?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437391-voice-guidance-lost-after-maps-app-updated-microsoft-650-windows-10-phone.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I m using Lumia 640 XL After updating it from denim to WP 10, problems starts, right now i wont be able to use my phone because not able to update or download apps from store Code appears like 0x8000 etc number of apps are not working like Facebook. Linked, Instagram, etc. How to solved this code problem i already reset my phone but this problem is still present. Plz gives some suggestions.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441739-why-apps-not-updating-microsoft-lumia-640-xl-windows-10-phone-coding-problem.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I plug in my phone to usb hooked up to pc running xp my phone gives me three options Media player pc studio mass storage When I choose media player Computer asks quot videos youtube Transfering from phone to what do you want windows to do quot option A quot open device to view files using IE quot I make the most progress this way I get a folder with pic s that are grey with some clear picture along the top Windows Transfering videos from phone to youtube media player wont play it I copied it to the comp and youtube wiill upload but not play it I tried quot any video converter quot but it said insert failed etc wont work I can find the phone in the quot my computer quot folder the video is in mp format youtube will upload but wont play them Windows media player wont play them And the pics are grey You can only see a little along the top My other options lead to dead ends this seems to be the most promising The phone is a samsung sgh-a What do I have to do to get the video on youtube PLEASE HELP ME nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

have messenger app on android phone and want to sync that to windows 10 OS

A:how to text on windows 10 using messenger app from google on android phone.

I don't believe you can do that.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444245-how-text-windows-10-using-messenger-app-google-android-phone.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Accidentally i uninstalled youtube app & i tried download this app again from app store i cant find this app . Please help me out.

A:'m using lumia520 phone & having an issue with youtube. I cnat find this app in app store

Welcome to Windows Central.
There isn't an official YouTube app, but you might want to check out Mytube or Metrotube.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442591-m-using-lumia520-phone-having-issue-youtube-i-cnat-find-app-app-store.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Screen saver works it shows reception battery n time but that's it on Microsoft code is 059w9N5 model-rm1034

A:My phone screen is black but it shows screen saver on my Microsoft phone

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Screen saver works it shows reception battery n time but that's it on Microsoft code is 059w9N5 model-rm1034

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443347-my-phone-screen-black-but-shows-screen-saver-my-microsoft-phone.html
Relevancy 52.46%

A month ago, I thought that my PC was infected by malware when the ads just pop-up when I surfed the Internet, so I installed some anti-malware program such as: Malwarebytes anti-malware, Hitman pro, Adware cleaner, Avast. After that, I could use the Internet normally.
However, a week ago I could not access any google website such as google.com, youtube.com or gmail.com....This situation happened on all the browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE). I often got the errors like these: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT or SSL or ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. I can access other websites normally, and another PC at my house can access google without any problems at all.
So I type tracert www.google.com on cmd and I got this result:

Can't access to gmail and google drive me crazy because I need to use these websites everyday. Therefore, could anyone please help me to solve this problem? Many many thanks in advance.

A:Can't access any products related to google such as google.com, gmail, youtube... on all browsers

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-any-products-related-to-google-such-as-google-com-gmail-youtube-on-all-browsers.212706/
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear all,

after a Browser reset in Google Chrome to solve the unsolvable issue with DNS unlocker, both Youtube and Google Calendar are inaccessible either in Chrome or in Firefox. Do any of you know how can I fix this issue?

I am using w10.

Thanks in advance for any alternative to solve this problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/google-chrome-and-firefox-not-opening-youtube-and-google-calendar-1063242.html
Relevancy 51.6%

EDIT Disabled IPv in about config fixed the problem for me I cannot access Youtube Google videos Google product fourms etc from any browser All other computers on the network have no problems loading any of these I've cleared every browser cache reset and won't only computer Youtube, load on one and Google Other sites Google, unplugged my router and modem reinstalled my browsers reinstalled flash reinstalled my wireless drivers got a new wireless adapter went through an ethernet cable all to no avail I've renewed released my ip flushed actived DNS services and cleared the entries in my hosts file Other sites work fine even other video sites Sometimes I can search on Google com but it's intermittant Gmail opens after a lengthy amount of time Rarely I can get to Youtube but all videos remain blank and will not even play the preroll ad Currently trying to navigate to Youtube it says The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading I am currently using a PC running Windows bit

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515854/youtube-google-and-other-google-sites-wont-load-on-one-computer-only/
Relevancy 51.6%

Our school uses proxy that requires username/password authentication to connect on Wifi. Good thing is Windows Phone 8.1 has option to turn proxy on/off and sign in to proxy. The problem is after setting up the network connecting to it, my apps still can't
connect to the network (some apps for example are Facebook app, Skype, other 3rd party apps). The IE and Windows App Store can connect to the network though. I am currently looking for 3rd party app that can provide global proxy authentication so I can connect
my apps to the internet but I can't one.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0cc92b02-52ec-4caf-bf92-31e77a7812bc/windows-phone-81-cant-connect-windows-phone-apps-to-wifi-network-with-proxy-authentication?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.17%

can i transfer the data/progress of the game asphalt 8, from windows 8 phone to windows 10 phone?

A:Transfer progress/data of the game asphalt 8, from windows 8 phone to windows 10 phone

Hi, isn't the data/progress registered to your facebook account?
If you are upgrading your phone I don't see why you would lose data/progress.
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439361-transfer-progress-data-game-asphalt-8-windows-8-phone-windows-10-phone.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Having failed to be able to update to Windows Phone many times I was using until yesterday on my Lumia LTE A Windows Central message made me think I should try again and I spent the afternoon quot upgrading quot Is it worth it The upgrading 10 8.1 to version player Windows Phone Windows Phone in music MP3 inferior process asserted so saying quot it will be worth the wait quot I'm not so sure My favorite app is the music player Near as I could tell they called that Xbox Music in and In there's a new app called Groove Music Evidently Xbox Music isn't available for Windows I searched in the Store and it wasn't there Groove Music has a new look but apparently I spent maybe minutes Windows 10 Phone MP3 music player inferior to version in Windows Phone 8.1 looking it over has very similar functionality The basic stuff Windows 10 Phone MP3 music player inferior to version in Windows Phone 8.1 is there My problem with it is the FF and REW functionality when I play my Windows 10 Phone MP3 music player inferior to version in Windows Phone 8.1 MP s More often than not I play hour long MP s If I'm using Xbox Music and I'm say at and I put my finger on and hold the gt icon it started to FF at a very modest rate but as long as I keep my finger on the icon the rate gradually increases I LOVE that functionality It does the same thing with the lt REW function In Groove Music I'm stuck with the one slow rate That sucks It's way harder to move to where I want to go in my hour MP s I searched for other music players in the Store but the two I tried were laughably awful same thing when I was running Windows Phone x I had some issues with Xbox Music and hoped there was a better MP player but couldn't find anything worth a damn from my point of view One of my Sansa M players the version firmware version -- there are two distinct hardware firmware sets supports accelerating FF REW but the algorithm sucks it accelerates way too fast Xbox Music though got that right it's perfect Last night I posted feedback to MS about Windows on the issue had to choose Feature or Problem could have said either I chose Feature Who knows if they will do anything about it I'm actually thinking I may use my old Nokia Lumia running Windows Phone for MP music using Xbox Music Sucks because I won't have data on it unless I pay for a nd plan

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439394-windows-10-phone-mp3-music-player-inferior-version-windows-phone-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Dear brothers,

Please help me this situation: I'm working on a company using domain network. My co-worker is using a laptop running Windows 7 with Administrator account. One day, he upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, and he signs in the laptop with his his Microsoft Account. Now, I want to join domain that laptop but I cannot reset the Administrator password because the system tell me I cannot do that.

I cannot find any option to remove the Microsoft account or something like that in Settings. I also cannot reset the password of Administrator because it seems the account we replaced by Microsoft account when he upgrade to the latest operation system. I want to reset the Administrator password because of security and more.

Please help me this case. I am so confuse with this. Thank you very much.
Regards,
Hoc Nguyen.

A:How to remove or unlink Microsoft account from Windows 10

If you join a domain, Active Directory creates a new user account, it no longer uses the Microsoft Account. How to Join a Windows 10 PC to a Domain Leaving the old MS account will not affect the computer and cannot be logged into unless you Leave the Domain.
The Hidden Built in Administrator account is not Enabled. It is hidden so you don't mess with it and only use it if the user profile doesn't work. If you want to leave the Domain, after leaving, you can login with the Microsoft account again. Here is how to Enable the Hidden Built in Administrator account:How to enable the hidden Windows 10 administrator account | ComTek Computer Services Inc.
To change the password of the the Built in Administrator account, You do not have to Enable the Hidden Admin, just Press CTRL+ALT+DEL choose Change Password, type in Administrator in the User field and leave the old Password blank type in new password. Or go to Start/Search and type lusmgr.msc, right click the lusrmgr results and Run As Administrator. Double Click the yellow User folder. Right click the Administrator account and choose Set Password

Once logged into the Domain, you can remove the MS account if you want.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/55985-how-remove-unlink-microsoft-account-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I signed in with a microsoft account in windows 10 because I wanted to try minecraft windows 10 edition. Now I want to remove it but I am unable to. To remove the account I go click the start menu, click my name, click change account settings, scroll down to accounts used by other apps, click my email, click remove, but nothing happens. I did switch to a local account. When I click remove, the settings window just disappears without anything happening. I also ran the SFC Command but it found nothing.
Edit: I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10

A:Unable to remove microsoft account in windows 10

The usual procedure is to do what you did but do not scroll down to accounts used by other apps, instead just click on Sign in with a local account instead. Rather than removing the Microsoft account you are changing it to a local account.

See the tutorial -> Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40237-unable-remove-microsoft-account-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

My kids have downloaded 2 spyware programs that is detected by SPYBOT but which it cannot get rid of.

I have a DELL computer running Windows XP Service Pack 2. SPYBOT keeps finding FakeMSN8Beta. This has changed my home page in IE and when I click on results of the FakeMSN8Beta it comes up with C\windows\system32\taskkill.com

Second problem
Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts: When I click on thsi I find a log of 36 entries that seem to go to all sorts fo antivirus prgram sites like this:

Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHost: RedirectedHost (Redirected Host, nothing done)
updates.symantec.com

I an desperate as I use the computer for internet banking and would welcome any assistance
Many thanks
GMcP

A:Please help me remove FakeMSN8Beta and Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHost:

Closing duplicate thread, please continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/security/594448-cant-get-rid-fakemsn8beta-microsoft.html#post4893052

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-remove-fakemsn8beta-and-microsoft-windows-redirectedhost.594456/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am sure most of you are wondering the same thing What to windows programs safely??? Microsoft and remove Microsoft keeps on sending programs in the What windows and Microsoft programs to remove safely??? updates Im not sure about you but I think some of them can be removed for space I just want to know whish ones are safe to remove I got Photo Galleries from Microsoft and I am sure there other programs that are not needed I need only one photo suite for my job printing scanning my timecard and sending to the main office I work at home as a caregiver to a loved one I dont think I need the movie maker and I am sure if I did I could find a free one that uses less space and memory what about meeting space and windows mail I use hotmail can that go I am just in need of space and I only got little HD as it What windows and Microsoft programs to remove safely??? is and a good portion is windows stuff Please Help me Flush out Junk Programs that are not needed

A:What windows and Microsoft programs to remove safely???

OK Take care. To remove programs that are not listed in Programs and Features
Press Windows key and R, Type Regedit,
Go to HKLM,Software,Microsoft,Windows,Current Version,Uninstall.
Look for the key,right click and delete.
Warning:Make a backup and restore point first.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290878-what-windows-microsoft-programs-remove-safely.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello We purchased new desktop PCs and both came with Windows Unfortunately I was Windows account microsoft remove outlook.com from 8 not the one who set the new PCs up to get them working The one who did set these up opted for the option of providing an outlook email on both PCs I remove microsoft outlook.com account from Windows 8 would not have done so He actually used the same outlook com email address for both computers Now both comuters are quot linked quot when it comes to anything having to do with Microsoft they share the same outlook com email browsing history from one computer shows up on the other etc It is quite annoying I tried but cannot figure out how to disassociate or remove the microsoft account from one computer while leaving it on the other I remove microsoft outlook.com account from Windows 8 don t want that on my PC Can anyone tell me how to fix this I know I can create another user on my PC but that wouldn t remove the main outlook com user I want myself to be the only user and not have any microsoft outlook email associated with the computer if any way I miss XP Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide Schle nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I signed in with a microsoft account in windows 10 because I wanted to try minecraft windows 10 edition. Now I want to remove it but I am unable to. To remove the account I go click the start menu, click my name, click change account settings, scroll down to accounts used by other apps, click my email, click remove, but nothing happens. I did switch to a local account. When I click remove, the settings window just disappears without anything happening. I also ran the SFC Command but it found nothing.
Edit: I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10

A:Unable to remove microsoft account in windows 10

The usual procedure is to do what you did but do not scroll down to accounts used by other apps, instead just click on Sign in with a local account instead. Rather than removing the Microsoft account you are changing it to a local account.

See the tutorial -> Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40237-unable-remove-microsoft-account-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

The phone gives me a word to unlock screen, my lock screen uses numbers. The screen has a yellow boarder around it.

A:Lumia Windows 8 phone 735, My phone is on voice command asks me to double click everything

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=1epXSgi_

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/433922-lumia-windows-8-phone-735-my-phone-voice-command-asks-me-double-click-everything.html
Relevancy 49.45%

not syncing mail and contacts on my 930 phone and also my 950 phone.
message: We're having a problem connecting to eas.outllok.com. Contact support person or your service provider. Error code x86000107

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441638-error-code-0x86000107-problem-sync-mail-contacts-my-930-phone-also-my-950-windows-phone.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm sure that there must be an app that prevents your phone changing screen as you pass it from one person to another. Even the slightest touch on the screen as you pass the phone seems to change it back to a previous screen or activates Cortana. HELP PLEASE!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443882-windows-phone-how-stop-screen-changing-when-passing-phone-around.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I m trying to copy contacts for a client from a windows phone to Noka windows to from contacts Phone phone copy a Nokia The contacts are on the Phone and much larger than the sim card can hold - and also separate sims So a few weeks copy contacts from windows phone to Noka Phone ago I have copied all the contacts to the SIM card on the windows Phone - placed into the Nokia and copied to the Nokia Phone But we are missing quite a few contacts now - and because of sim copy contacts from windows phone to Noka Phone activation and de-activation I did not want to mess around with simcard coping again Windows Phone - Orange SPV M Nokia Slide Windows Mobile Device Centre Nokia Ovi Suite Sony Laptop with Vista amp Bluetooth Outlook The Plan for Next Monday th i will use my Sony Laptop with Bluetooth I have used bluetooth to connect the phone before - but didnt have the sync software I have Windows Mobile Device Centre with Outlook windows - which is blank - Nokia Ovi Suite - Which I know works with the phone Bluetooth So I can sync the windows phone using bluetooth to the Mobile Centre and use Oulook as contacts Q can I just sync from the Windows Phone to outlook and therefore obtain a complete copy of the contacts - I do NOT want the blank contacts on outlook to delete the contacts on the phone can I set up the Sync from Phone gt outlook then I will have a backup of the contacts on outlook and can save the contacts using export which we also need to have Next I can then with bluetooth connect to the Nokia phone and Sync with Outlook - this time the otherway outlook gt Nokia Phone Then all the missing contacts will be added to the nokia phone then we can look at updating his outlook to be the master contacts and sync to the nokia - via cable as he does not have bluetooth Q does that sound like a workable plan anything I need i missed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-contacts-from-windows-phone-to-noka-phone.978588/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello.

I will not mention specific models for the three smartphone types today. Just want to hear your opinion regarding their overall:

1. Performance
2. Battery Consumption
3. Features
4. Customization
5. Price

Thanks much!

A:Best Smartphone: iPhone, Windows Phone, Android Phone

Iphone is now after android smartphones....
You've forgotten "5 - Prices"

https://malwaretips.com/threads/best-smartphone-iphone-windows-phone-android-phone.46280/
Relevancy 48.59%

My aunt fell for this scam and Microsoft phone scam her computer is probably compromised now Her internet connection was disabled when they called her suggesting they had already taken limited control of it Microsoft phone scam After she entered some numbers on the screen they took full control and went into their spiel while showing her all the processes that had been stopped and then they remotely installed some software for a fee of course which I've already advised her to dispute a s a p In the Desktop folder there is now a program called Enigma Infosys Remote and a text file called enigma techsupport with the following text inside enigma infosys technical department fred sr technician support enigmainfosys c o m w w w enigmainfosys c o m remove all the errors and warnings from the computer reinstall all the stopped apps antivirus lifetime pc optimization soft remove soft I went to Microsoft's website and ran a malicious software scanner which didn't find anything although I didn't trust that so I downloaded malwarebytes again and ran that which also came up negative Shortly afterwards the internet connection stopped working again so I restarted in safe mode A system alert popped up from the taskbar and when I clicked on it the Action Center from the Control Panel opened up showing The Windows Security Center Service is turned off When I tried to turn it back on again an error message box with a red X popped up saying The Windows Security Center Service can't be started The next step was to try to do a system restore however when I tried to restore to a point before the time they had taken control of her computer I got the error System Restore did not complete successfully Your computer's system files and settings were not changed Details An unspecified error occurred during System Restore x Apart from cleaning the malware etc I'd like to know if there's any way to track down who these people are I did a search for enigma Infosys and malware or scam but nothing came up so I'm guessing they're a third party that's just being used by these criminals just like Microsoft and HP Moderator Edit Moved from Windows to the Am I Infected forum Roger

A:Microsoft phone scam

Lets see what is detected on your PC that could have been downloaded and installed. Did the phone scammer say the PC was infected and sending out viruses?ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Clean.Confirm each time with Ok.You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well. Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514292/microsoft-phone-scam/
Relevancy 48.59%

Not sure this is the proper category for this post - if not sorry please move it Anyway just wanted to re-warn members about phone calls Yesterday I received a phone call which caller id showed quot Unknown That was my first red flag The caller identified himself as with Phone Microsoft Call From Microsoft and in a foreign Phone Call From Microsoft accent told me someone was attempting to get into my computer and this was a security call to help me prevent it I know it sounds stupid but I had been communicating with Microsoft Communities about a problem with Windows Update all week and my first thought was maybe this was through my Microsoft Account and a result of my posts Then immediately some sense kicked into my weak mind and I hung up They probably trick a bunch of users with this scam Just be aware Sometimes it takes a short while to realize what is going on - and it may be too late if you talk with them They're out there all the time

A:Phone Call From Microsoft

Hi John,

If I called you my number would show as unknown. So would calls from most people from Europe (and possibly elsewhere) as we get free international calls though VOIP from our phone/tv/internet providers. This is the norm and it shows up as "unknown". In fact if my mum gets a "unknown" caller she calls me back just in case it was me.

I also have a foreign accent compared to those from Oklahoma I expect.

None the less, if I call you and ask you to install TeamViewer, confirm your password, your inside-leg measurement or your zip-code or any other information you can be assured it was not me but an imposter.

Don't damn the "unknown" caller though - it can be a technical thing.

Cheers,

Adam

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53743-phone-call-microsoft.html
Relevancy 48.59%

If I want to change the motherboard (essentially: replace the notebook) for the same serial number, do I actually have to call Microsoft on the phone? Once, or every time I have anew machine? What's the current state of affairs?

A:do I actually have to call Microsoft on the phone?

If you have a transferable Windows license and you change your motherboard (or make other significant hardware changes) you'll have to call them (every time in my experience).

Type slui 4 in run box and follow the instructions. Generally you'll only "talk" to a robot and type in the long string of numbers slui 4 gives you on your keypad and your code will be returned. You can use Skype and it gives an option to get the number back on your smartphone (but I've not tried that so not sure how it works).

It doesn't take long.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33381-do-i-actually-have-call-microsoft-phone.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I am a bit concerned that I may have some malware on my machine This is very late and I should have posted here sooner but I have had some reasons to hold off such as some reassurances that I didn't have malware but they were inconsistent with some people saying to take some action Anyway over a year ago I built my PC My PC did not have an optical drive so I had to resort to contacting Microsoft for help on how to create a USB installer for Windows -bit I proceeded to go on Google and Phone Microsoft Scam? search Microsoft Phone Scam? for Microsoft's customer support phone number However I do not believe I found it on the Microsoft website Now I have called a number to the supposed customer support for Microsoft and I followed the prompts to be directed to a technician who asked me if they could remote control my laptop and go through the process of downloading the files with me They did not seem suspicious and even told me they were from India seems like most scammers like to say they're from the US They formatted my USB drive and the installer started downloading They said they could stay on the phone line and remote control program and watch it download but after about minutes to an hour I said I could just call them back if I needed anymore help We hung up and that was the end of that After the process was completed I used the USB to install Windows on my machine installed drivers Avast Free and other programs Nothing seemed out of the ordinary on the new PC or the laptop And to this date as far as I can tell none of my accounts have been compromised and there seems to be no obvious signs of malware But my accounts aren't worth much and I haven't done any banking or even online shopping on the custom built PC Eventually I got Avira Free then later Kaspersky Internet Security Avast only triggered from what I could tell a false alarm with something with Steam and I don't think Avira ever found anything I just ran a full scan with Kaspersky on the custom PC and no malware was detected I also scanned my installer USB stick and Kaspersky says it's clean However I'm still a bit concerned that it could be something waiting to happen like if I ever do shop for something on my PC credit card info could be stolen I was considering backing up all my personal files and games and reformatting both my drives and reinstalling Windows then scanning the external drives for malware I have an SSD as my OS drive and a TB storage drive with games and miscellaneous files As for my laptop I can't really reformat and reinstall as it came from HP and I don't have a Windows copy laying around Norton is installed on the laptop and I can't remember any notifications telling me there's a threat Also I do believe I may have a text file from when the technician helped me but I'm not positive as I don't remember the exact date I built my PC The phone number they may have left doesn't have too much information listed online If it's real it must be a direct number to their specific department Any help is appreciated Some people in a security based IRC channel told me that an anti virus would catch it but anti viruses aren't perfect and I'm not sure if the USB installer itself could be infected Any help is appreciated Sorry that it took a while to explain EDIT Actually I'm not sure where he was based I thought he might have said Bangladesh or something but I can't remember

A:Microsoft Phone Scam?

Do you have the phone number? Me and a group of friends call these scammers (which I am pretty sure this was) and mess around with them and its a hoot. But keep in mind, Microsoft will never call you over the phone or ask you to call them over the phone via a popup. Did they use any of these programs/domains?

chat123.me

support.me

lmi1.com 

Those are all programs that scammers use to do take control of your PC and download files. Also, Microsoft technical support is based in St. Louis, MI. If it was not from there and sounded Indian, than chances are that it was a scam.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584540/microsoft-phone-scam/
Relevancy 48.59%

PNF and INF Files wanting to take control of my computer to delete those files. They say they're Junk files and if I don't pay the $40 + my computer will soon crash!

Is this bogus or not?

A:I'm getting phone calls from Microsoft about

b o g u s ! ! ! ! !

Microsoft will never call, period.he next time they call, just say something like:

"Hey, that sounds good, hold on while I get something to write on."

Then lay the phone down and go about your business. They will get the message eventually and hang up, but at least it will wast some of their time.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29889-im-getting-phone-calls-microsoft-about.html
Relevancy 48.59%

The person says my computer has beeb hyjacked

A:Phone calls from Microsoft?

Scammers. Microsoft will never call you like this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535564/phone-calls-from-microsoft/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi

Using microsoft Phone Dialer through a specialised system so when searching for a contact within the system - you can click on their phone number and the phone dials.

When you start a call two boxes come up as standard within the dialer

How can i get rid of these - i have tried a few of the options

Can anyone help?

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-phone-dialer.408821/
Relevancy 48.59%

when i try to up go youtube center come to security microsoft when i go to www youtube com microsoft security center come s up not youtube and i says that i have a viris to download antispyware now i didnt download it here is my hijackthis log please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system when i go to youtube microsoft security center come up wininit exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe when i go to youtube microsoft security center come up C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts www youtube com O - Hosts www facebook com O - Hosts www antispy com O - Hosts www yahoo co uk O - Hosts www antispyware com O - Hosts antispyware com O - Hosts antispy com O - Hosts www asdfasdfd com O - Hosts www gg com O - Hosts www ghfhj com O - Hosts www cvnbcvnb com O - Hosts www com O - Hosts www com O - Hosts www asdf asdfd com O - Hosts www asdfawsdfd com O - Hosts www asdfatsdfd com O - Hosts www asdfasdfd com O - Hosts www asdfadsdfd com O - Hosts www asdfasdfd com O - Hosts www asdfafsdfd com O - Hosts www asdfasdfd com O - Hosts www asdfagsdfd com O - Hosts www asdfasgdfd com O - Hosts www asdfasdhfd com O - Hosts www asdfasdfjd com O - Hosts www asdfasdfkd com O - Hosts www asdfasdfld com O - Hosts www asdfasdf d com O - Hosts www asxdfasdfd com O - Hosts www asdzfasdfd com O - Hosts www asdcfasdfd com O - Hosts www asdfvasdfd com O - Hosts www asdfabsdfd com O - Hosts www asdfasndfd com O - Hosts www asdfasdmfd com O - Hosts www asdfasdfd com O - Hosts www asdfasdfd com O - Hosts www as dfasdfd com O - Hosts www asdfa sdfd com O - Hosts www asdfasd fd com O - Hosts www asdfasdfd com O - Hosts www as dfasdfd com O - Hosts www ... Read more

A:when i go to youtube microsoft security center come up

when i go to youtube microsoft security center come's up and tell's me to download antispyware now, i didnt download it becuse i have head of this virus my computer is runing slow to and if i didn't post this right please let me know.thanks for your time

this is my hijackthis log,

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:52:58 PM, on 12/3/2008
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16757)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_clipbook.exe
C:\Windows\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.myspace.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: 61.157.217.210 www.youtube.com
O1 - Hosts: 61.157.217.210 www.facebook.com
O1 - Hosts: 61.157.217.210 www.antispy.com
O1 - Hosts: 61.157.217.210 www.yahoo.co.uk
O1 - Hosts: 61.157.217.210 www.antispyware.com
O1 - Hosts: 61.157.217.210 antispyware.com
O1 - Hosts: 61.157.217.210 antispy.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfasdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.gg.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.ghfhj.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.cvnbcvnb.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.1.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.3.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdf4asdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfawsdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfatsdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfadsdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfafsdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfagsdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfasgdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfasdhfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfasdfjd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfasdfkd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfasdfld.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfasdf,d.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asxdfasdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdzfasdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdcfasdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfvasdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfabsdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfasndfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfasdmfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.11asdfasdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.as222dfasdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfa33sdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfasd44fd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdfasdfd5.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.as66dfasdfd.com
O1 - Hosts: 123.251.143.110 www.asdf77asdfd.c... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-go-to-youtube-microsoft-security-center-come-up.775708/
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok this is really weird but I was watching a video on Youtube normally, I closed the window before the video had finished and now every time I open youtube.com on Microsoft edge, after about 5 seconds (about the time it takes to load a video) the first few seconds of that video play then it stops. What makes this worse is that it is actually the first few chords of a horror track on a video game, so not something I can ignore. :/ This only happens on the Youtube homepage, even after restarting my computer and it does not occur on google chrome. I have no idea what to do.

A:Microsoft edge: Youtube error

This might be worth a shot. Try clicking on the three dots in the top right-hand corner of Edge, and choose settings. Then go to Clear Browsing Data, Choose What To Clear. You could try the top three boxes one by one by placing a tick in them (they're pre-ticked on mine) or just do all three together.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-edge-youtube-error.1153893/
Relevancy 48.59%

I mistakenly installed Googles task bar  while setting up my new Windows 8.1 computer and would like it gone.

A:I would like to remove the Google task bar from Windows 8.1

IMO use Revo to fully uninstall it.  Down load the free version.  http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528365/i-would-like-to-remove-the-google-task-bar-from-windows-81/
Relevancy 48.16%

I cannot remove these from my system. Each time I clear Win32.Delf.uv from my system via Spybot, it returns after rebooting. When I try to remove Fraud.WindowsProtectionSuite and Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts using Spybot I recieve an error message saying Cannot create File C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\Hosts Access is denied. I have tried using Malwarebytes, Housecall, and Spybot but nothing has worked thus far. Please help. I am using Windows Xp Professional Service Pack 3.

A:Cannot Remove Fraud.WindowsProtectionSuit, Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts And Win32.Delf.uv

Hello,I suggest that you follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==If you can produce some of the logs, please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295077/cannot-remove-fraudwindowsprotectionsuit-microsoftwindowsredirectedhosts-and-win32delfuv/
Relevancy 48.16%

I bought a Lumia 950 whilst in America. I naively assumed there would be a store in the UK but now that I'm home I find that there is not. I would like to return the phone but when I called the UK Microsoft number the guy just said they weren't connected to the physical stores and couldn't help me.
Is my only option to mail it back to America?
Thanks

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435213-possible-return-microsoft-phone-uk-after-buying-us.html
Relevancy 48.16%

microsoft windows - - number 1-844-862-4949 microsoft Phone - windows - - - windows software - - - windows technical support - - - windows support - - - windows tech help windows technical help windows free support windows online windows support phone number - - - microsoft technical support number - - - microsoft tech support - - - microsoft support windows - - - microsoft support phone number - - - microsoft support - - - microsoft windows support phone number microsoft windows support number microsoft windows support microsoft windows online - - - microsoft windows microsoft quickbook support - - - microsoft customer service phone number - - - windows technical microsoft Phone number 1-844-862-4949 support number - - - windows technical support - - - windows tech support - - - windows support phone number - - - windows support phone - - - windows support number windows support - - - windows support - - - windows phone support - - - windows chat support - - - windows online support - - - windows customer microsoft Phone number 1-844-862-4949 support - - microsoft Phone number 1-844-862-4949 - windows support windows online help windows technical support support for windows windows support number windows help desk windows support center windows upgrade help upgrade windows windows upgrade error windows installation help install windows windows errors error installing windows windows error message windows error codes fix windows repair windows windows technical support number windows technical support windows tech support windows support phone number windows support phone windows support number windows support windows phone support online windows support windows online support windows on mac windows mac support windows mac windows for macs windows for mac support windows for mac help windows for mac download windows customer support windows number microsoft windows mac microsoft windows for mac windows customer service windows customer center windows contact center windows center windows mac paralle

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/microsoft-phone-number-1-844-862-4949-4604543/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All I read the following post Fake Microsoft PhoneCalls - Page - Tech Support Guy Forums on the Microsoft Phone scams Now in this post Eddie posted about running OTL on the infected PC but that was basically where the physical tech support ended My brother had a similar call but what is different about this one is that they actually had remote access over the PC without my brother allowing them ANY remote access as with Windows Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop They called him and told him they will show him his PC is affected with viruses and call phone Fake Microsoft that his windows has expired which is not the case and they remotely installed PC tuneup software etc without Any computer consent Now since he is using Windows Home Basic Remote Desktop connection is not possible TO my brothers PC and Remote Assistance Fake Microsoft phone call needs to be authenticated by my brother first Now the only way I think they got access is either via a trojan horse or they hacked his WiFi which was not password protected and the Router had 'admin' and 'admin' for username and passw He had windows firewall enabled as well as MS Security Essentials at the time of the hack Now what I would like to know is how can I close off their access to my brothers PC I did the following Fake Microsoft phone call Restored the PC to weeks earlier secured the Router with an admin username and good password and I changed the WiFi security to WPA- What else can I do to remove any malware they might have installed like rootkits backdoors trojans etc I did a virus scan with Security Essentials but nothing found Thank You

A:Fake Microsoft phone call

Take a look and see if there are any strange 'services', or unknown 'services' running at start-up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/269890-fake-microsoft-phone-call.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Microsoft is not helping with my lumia 535 phone. There is no service center here in Malaysia. Please help! Where do I sought for help? The customer service is poor to max! First there were issues with the battery, secondly it wont charge, third - the keyboard types by itself like it is possessed! Fourth - Phone heats up within 5 minutes of conversation (hot like a cup of coffee in the morning). Fifth - Due to the heat, the edges of the back cover started to crack and the protect film peeled off. Now the phone is totally dead. Battery works well in another lumia 535 device. The customer service told me to contact a local microsoft service center but there is none. There is only a Nokia service center and they told me off that the parts are not available. So what do I do now?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445024-microsoft-not-helping-my-lumia-535-phone.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I received a phone call today same type of call as a couple of months ago from someone claiming that Microsoft has been receiving several error reports from my computer He guided me to my event viewer from call Microsoft Phone time? 2nd log to show me the errors etc Phone call from Microsoft 2nd time? of them as you can see in the attached screen shot Then he guided me to nbsp https secure logmeinrescue com Customer Code aspxThen he asked me to enter a digit code into the box and I refused then hung the phone up This just smells fishy to me Could this be legit or some scammer trying to gain access to my computer Funny thing is that I got this same type call even from the same person I believe a couple of months ago when I was running Windows I have since upgraded to Win with no problems And if this is legit then how do I prevent all these errors being created and sent to Microsoft As always thanks for any help Mike

A:Phone call from Microsoft 2nd time?

Also my caller ID reports this call as being an individual (name is displayed)  in 443 area code. I have the full name and number if needed.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156237.0.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Microsoft is not helping with my lumia 535 phone. There is no service center here in Malaysia. Please help! Where do I sought for help? The customer service is poor to max! First there were issues with the battery, secondly it wont charge, third - the keyboard types by itself like it is possessed! Fourth - Phone heats up within 5 minutes of conversation (hot like a cup of coffee in the morning). Fifth - Due to the heat, the edges of the back cover started to crack and the protect film peeled off. Now the phone is totally dead. Battery works well in another lumia 535 device. The customer service told me to contact a local microsoft service center but there is none. There is only a Nokia service center and they told me off that the parts are not available. So what do I do now? Please contact me.

A:Microsoft is not helping with my lumia 535 phone.

Sounds like you may need a new battery for your phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445025-microsoft-not-helping-my-lumia-535-phone.html
Relevancy 48.16%

everytime i try taking the screenshot it displays a message at the top of the screen sayng couldn't take screenshot.I cant take take scrennshots. why so?

A:why cant I take screenshots on my microsoft lumia 535 phone??

Are you running Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/385143-why-cant-i-take-screenshots-my-microsoft-lumia-535-phone.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently discovered I was getting redirected to sites such as toseeka com and other random webpages when trying to search for topics I had Mcaffee and since it had just expired free from Comcast I downloaded and installed Norton Problem still existed and so I searched then downloaded and ran Microsoft trojan remover and hitman pro to no effect I have also updated and run Malwarebytes multiple times since then Norton I believe is stopping the redirect a pop-up window redirect", update windows/microsoft "google blocked... comes up in the bottom corner for a few seconds saying unauthorized attempt to access your computer has been blocked quot My computer also will "google redirect", windows/microsoft update blocked... have the task bar freeze after a few hours - this happens occasionally not everytime the computer is on As stated in the subject my windows and microsoft update pages will not connect load I ran the scans as requested but GMER gave me a blue screen of death sometime before finishing with a kxloapoc sys error of some kind I m asking "google redirect", windows/microsoft update blocked... for help before downloading and running combofix Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Ryan at on Sun Internet Explorer Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by ComcastmWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by ComcastmWinlogon Userinit c windows system Userinit exeBHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton security suite engine coIEPlg dllBHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton security suite engine IPSBHO DLLBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper "google redirect", windows/microsoft update blocked... bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton security suite engine coIEPlg dllTB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllEB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dlluRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot backgrounduRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun swg quot c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot uRun DellSupport quot c program files dellsupport DSAgnt exe quot startupuRun DellSupportCenter quot c program files dell support center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenteruRun updateMgr quot c program files adobe acrobat reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot uRun Twain c program files twain Twain exeuRun Aim quot c program files aim aim exe quot d locale en-USmRun ATIPTA quot c program files ati technologies ati control panel atiptaxx exe quot mRun DLA c windows system dla DLACTRLW EXEmRun ddoctorv quot c program files comcast desktop doctor bin sprtcmd exe quot P ddoctorv mRun dscactivate quot c program files dell support center gs agent custom dsca exe quot mRun MSKDetectorExe c program files mcafee spamkiller MSKDetct exe uninstallmRun DellSupportCenter quot c program files dell support center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCentermRun MMTray quot c program files musicmatch musicmatch jukebox mm tray exe quot mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimemRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun nmctxth quot c program files common files pure networks shared platform nmctxth exe quot mRun nmapp quo... Read more

A:"google redirect", windows/microsoft update blocked...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322426/google-redirect-windowsmicrosoft-update-blocked/
Relevancy 47.73%

Found something on this from something named Tech Connect,
(TechConnect Daily <[email protected]>)
That site carries on like this flaw is bad to the bone
Cure, according to TC, is first to wade through all sorts of stuff. Looks like they recommend a download, something I am leery of
Still trying to find if MS has fixed flaw

A:Microsoft Fixes Windows Flaw That Google Divulged

Microsoft issued a patch to fix the flaw last Tuesday. So as long as your PC is updated you're good to go.
http://thehackernews.com/2016/11/microsoft-windows-update.html

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/microsoft-fixes-windows-flaw-that-google-divulged.313726/
Relevancy 47.73%

Both web browsers were working fine until recently the browers can't seem to connect to other websites except for facebook. There's internet connection. Kapersky AV is also enabled.Google chrome displays "site can't be reached. (Website) unexpectedly closed connection"Microsoft edge displays "can't reach this site"What could be the cause of this and how can it be fixed?? Help pls

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Google-chrome-and-Microsoft-edge-not-working-for-Windows-10/td-p/5724062
Relevancy 47.73%

Every time I go to windows update page it rediects me to google com and also my Macfee won't update either I did a virus scan and malware scan and came up with the to update microsoft windows google.com site redirected file FileName C Recycler - - - - - - DC cab and it can't be removed here is the information you asked for DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Darrell Florey at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV microsoft windows update site redirected to google.com McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Outdated FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files McAfee MBK MBackMonitor exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIADA EXE E Program Files AnyDVD AnyDVD exe E Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask microsoft windows update site redirected to google.com exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskAgent exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Network World iDemand Network World iDemand exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Media Manager airsvcu exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C PROGRA McAfee MPS mps exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exe c program files mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpSvc exe C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpHost exe C Documents and Settings Darrell Florey Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearch Page hxxp www google com uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie mDefault Search URL hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com mSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com mStart Page hxxp start localnet com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localhost lt local gt uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO NoExplorer - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO fd d- b- fc- - ae - c program files siteadvisor SiteAdv dll BHO e bd f- b d- e-c ff-fd b a d - REALBAR BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptcl dll BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class e fb- dd- f -b ac-b cae f a - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dll BHO EWPP - No File TB REALBAR e bd f- b d- e-c ff-fd b a d - TB EPSON Web-To-Page ee d f- b- - d-c b aaeba d - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor bf - f - - - fe e aa - c program files siteadvisor SiteAdv dll TB E BD-D - A A- CA -A EBB B C - No File TB A -C CB- AEE- C F- AC B - No File TB C E A- F - E-B E- B - No File uRun NBJ quot c program files ahead nero backitup NBJ exe quot uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware ... Read more

A:microsoft windows update site redirected to google.com

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Your hard drive is almost full. Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 28 GiB total, 2.664 GiB free.

I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/microsoft-windows-update-site-redirected-to-google-com-348042.html
Relevancy 47.73%

When I try to get to google my browser re-directs me to a url with the string webhp in it The browser is slow and I ve read this rootkit virus can cause a lot of problems so I want to remove it I have a norton firewall and anti-virus installed and malware bytes but apparently they did help remove on 7 google webhp windows redirect not stop help remove webhp google redirect on windows 7 me from becoming infected I have updated the definition files for those programs and ran several other programs to try to get rid of this problem to no help remove webhp google redirect on windows 7 avail Thank you for this forum and for your willingness to help strangers with these nasty viruses DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Terry at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Security Suite Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system help remove webhp google redirect on windows 7 svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files LSI SoftModem agr svc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe c Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media DVD DVDAgent exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C QUICKENW QWDLLS EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Update Service v IntuitUpdateService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files PC-Doctor for Windows pcdr cuiw exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system LogonUI exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page file C Users Terry OldDrive Inetpub HomePageFiles indexmine htm mStart Page hxxp websearch good-resu... Read more

A:help remove webhp google redirect on windows 7

Hello TerryAK, Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

Finally, please reply using the ADD REPLY button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.
I will be analyzing your log. I will get back to you with instructions.Do you have a Usb Flash Drive you can use?1.Download AdwCleanerDouble click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
***Note: Windows Vista and Windows 7 users:
Right click in the adwCleaner.exe and select Click the Delete button.A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that logfile in your next reply.Or you can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[R1].txt.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483691/help-remove-webhp-google-redirect-on-windows-7/
Relevancy 47.73%

I can play lots of movies fullscreen at even 240p and they fill the whole screen but some videos don't fill the whole screen. I even have my AMD Radeon set to stretch things but it still doesn't do it for everything. So is there some way I can go about fixing this? Also sometimes when I go to navigate the video when it is loaded all the way it ends up going and reloading when I try to navigate and doesn't just go to the position in the video I want to go to.

A:How do I remove the sidebars in youtube videos?

You will have to add _popup word after watch, so that the video opens in full screen without sidebar and comments section. That is, the new video URL is http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v. This method will change your video url and you can watch only video no extra ads.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/how-do-i-remove-the-sidebars-in-youtube-videos-681254.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all
My microsoft charger is suddenly not charging my phone and my phone is taking too long to charge if its dies at all, with other chargers. It has also started going off spontaneously....anyone knows what the problem could be? Is it my charger/charging system or software problem? And how do I deal with it?
Thanks
Sophi

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437719-my-microsoft-lumia-535-phone-wont-charge.html
Relevancy 47.73%

As title suggest. She was phoned up and allowed the guy to instruct her to enable and accept Remote Access.

I know how her laptop here and have disabled remote access. Apparently he had access for at least 15mins.

I'm about to stick some programs on a usb to run on it. 

She's running WIndows 8.1

ASWMBR.exe

TDSSKiller

(Combo Fix doesn't work on Win 8.1)

What else should I do ?

Thanks

A:Friends Mum Tricked by Microsoft Phone Scam

Hello gaallaI would say as there maybe personal financials on here that we get a deeper look and be sure there are no access points.Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541453/friends-mum-tricked-by-microsoft-phone-scam/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I had to change from 32 bit to 64 bit today. After about 5 hours I get a phone call from some foreign guy going on about 'Microsoft Software Warranty'. After about 10 minutes I asked what it would cost and said I didn't want it. Thought it was suspicious the whole time and was googling for info while talking.

I assume this is a scam and if so how on earth would they know I just re-formatted?

A:Weird phone call 'from Microsoft' after re-activation

Quote: Originally Posted by Logman

Hi,
I had to change from 32 bit to 64 bit today. After about 5 hours I get a phone call from some foreign guy going on about 'Microsoft Software Warranty'. After about 10 minutes I asked what it would cost and said I didn't want it. Thought it was suspicious the whole time and was googling for info while talking.

I assume this is a scam and if so how on earth would they know I just re-formatted?

Some idiots may be on the same ISP as yours, scanned it and got your OS.
Also, there are many web plugins that say what browser, windows and version you are using.

Nothing to worry about, just make sure you have a good antivir program like avira

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219301-weird-phone-call-microsoft-after-re-activation.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have not seen this mentioned any wher on the site so thought i should post a message.

People are receiving phone calls from people claiming to be from Microsoft telling them that they have a virus. I believe this is limited to the UK but may be wrong.

These phone calls are a scam and the instructions that they give you should be ignored. Microsoft dont care if you get a virus and would not call you to let you know you had one.

I have had a few customers in the Selby area of the UK call me in regards to this as they were worried that they had a problem.

The Guardian published an article here : http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/18/phone-scam-india-call-centres.

Mods - Sorry if this is in the wrong place i wanted to alert people to the scam to prevent them further issues.

A:Warning: Scam Phone calls from Microsoft

we had one of our sales people get hit with this on their cell number, and I ended up speaking to the other end. It's 'windows service center', I could not get them to verify that they represented MS.

And they said that their name was Jane Austen, as the author.

Least they got some good taste in writing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warning-scam-phone-calls-from-microsoft.955911/
Relevancy 47.73%

I try to find help with my phone since the email and people finder do not communicate. Where do i go? there is no service or help line. How can i talk to a person who can help me fix it?

A:I need help setting up the phone there is no support from Microsoft. Who do i call ?

tell us in brief what trouble are you facing while setting up your phone.
you can communicate with Microsoft about your issue on twitter using the twitter handle at @MoicrosoftHelps they are available 24/7 for any type of help.
If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443736-i-need-help-setting-up-phone-there-no-support-microsoft-who-do-i-call.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am helping someone who fell for the microsoft phone scam, let them login remotely and install who knows what.  Since then they have been having credit card issues.
I found Yontoo Extentions and Add-ons in IE and Chrome.  There is no Uninstaller in the control panel.  I've run a full scan with Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials and find nothing.

Everything I read says Yontoo is really bad, uninstall it and then run Malwarebytes, but neither worked for me.

She is running windows 7 Home Premium

Any help you could provide as to the next step would be appreciated.  Thanks

A:Help fixing Microsoft Phone Scam and Yontoo

Hello and welcome. Be sure they advise their banks of the infection.  Please run these next. MiniToolBoxPlease download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.>>>>>>Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.>>>>Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.•Close all open programs and internet browsers.•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.•Click on Delete.•Confirm each time with Ok.•You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.•Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.Link 1Link 2Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know. Junkware Removal Tool  Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message. Lastly  and see how it is after... Now I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the   button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the  icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsClick Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button. NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486114/help-fixing-microsoft-phone-scam-and-yontoo/
Relevancy 47.73%

Have received phone call purpoting to be from Microsoft Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard IBM VW Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I have just received telphone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft who said they were contacting people to alert them to malware worse than virus He talked me through gt Start from purporting Microsoft received phone call Have to be gt right click My computer gt manage gt event viewer gt application Have received phone call purporting to be from Microsoft where I found dozens of red circles with white cross saying error He wanted me to let him take over my computer and clean it to which I said no until I had checked out if this is a scam He was not happy I would be grateful if anyone more expert than I can assure me that I have done the right thing and should I be worried about the dozens of errors described above I run C Cleaner every morning etaf wayne replied its a scam and there has been considerable information reported so long as you did not give away any information passwords etc or allow them to access then you will be OK in the UK i would say I hear about this from friends clients at least once a month the information they showed you is quite likely normal on any PC it is always possible that there is malware on the PC i would not be able to say at this stage - BUT not necessarily because of the errors they showed you DONT use CCleaner and clean the registry- that will cause issues on the PC we have a considerable number of threads here where people have run reg cleaners and have non-working pcs if you want to have the pc checked for virus maleware start a thread in the virus malware forum and answer post the logs from this post http forums techguy org virus-othe e-posting html nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Basically I want to run the MT4 software platform on a phone. Should I buy a new Microsoft mobile? I currently have am iPhone but would like to be able to spend time on my mobile phone working with the MT4 platform. Any help and advice would be most welcome. Thank you in advance.

A:Can I run the MT4 trading software on a new Microsoft 10 Lumia phone?

You need an iPhone or Android phone. Not Windows.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443515-can-i-run-mt4-trading-software-new-microsoft-10-lumia-phone.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz x Family Have received from Microsoft to call be purpoting phone Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard IBM VW Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I have just received Have received phone call purpoting to be from Microsoft telphone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft who said they were contacting people to alert them to malware worse than virus He talked me through gt Start gt right click My computer gt manage gt event viewer gt application where I found dozens of red circles with white cross saying error He wanted me to let him take over my computer and clean it to which I said no until I had checked out if this is a scam He was not happy I would be grateful if anyone more expert than I can assure me that I have done the right thing and should I be worried about the dozens of errors described above I run C Cleaner every morning nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I had to change my password on my login to Outlook now my phone will not login in as I have been unable to change the password on my phone to match the change on Outlook

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435351-how-do-i-change-my-microsoft-password-my-lumina-640-phone.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My Microsoft lumia 535 phone now charges very slowly. Also, the Microsoft phone charger that came with it has stopped charging it (the charger is still working fine because i have tested it on other phones). Recently i have been left with no choice but charge it with a samsung ipad charger or i use a USB cord to connect to my desktop or laptop, though not all USB cord is working with it. Also now selective with USB cords.
The problem started after my phone battery completely drained out flat. Since then, charging my phone has been an uphill task.
Pls help. It is affecting my communication as my phone is down most of the time now

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443373-why-my-microsoft-lumia-535-phone-now-selecting-chargers.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My photos on old phone nokia710 and can I Bluetooth them to my new phone lumia550, I have tried but nothing happened.

A:Why can't I Bluetooth my photos from my old phone nokia710 to my new Microsoft 550

Hi and welcome to windows central.
Do you have an access to computer or laptop ? you can copy the pictures to any of those devices and then move them to your new phone. :)
If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442857-why-cant-i-bluetooth-my-photos-my-old-phone-nokia710-my-new-microsoft-550-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

so today when i open my microsoft edge in microsoft lumia 640 lte, it doesnt open so i try to find it on internet, i cant find it so please help

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439528-help-microsoft-edge-not-opening-window-10-phone.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Flippin Speed dial history comes up every time i open my phone option. How do I stop this?

A:How do I remove speed dial from my phone?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Flippin Speed dial history comes up every time i open my phone option. How do I stop this? Phone tile -> Swipe right you can set the speed dial.
To move history press ellipsis -> select calls -> again press ellipsis -> select all -> delete.
​You cant turn off history.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/345649-how-do-i-remove-speed-dial-my-phone.html