Windows Support Forum

Password Programs for Windows 8.1 and my Nexus phone?

Q: Password Programs for Windows 8.1 and my Nexus phone?

I am using Windows 8.1 and have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus phone. Is there a common password program that will work together with these two and sync with each other?
Thanks,
Bob

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Password Programs for Windows 8.1 and my Nexus phone?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Password Programs for Windows 8.1 and my Nexus phone?

I found that RoboForm will work on my Windows 8.1 and my Nexus phone and will sync.

Thanks for the help.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/38700-password-programs-windows-8-1-my-nexus-phone.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

Anyone have a best practice for user who wants to change there password on there Windows machine (on a domain) and phone at the same time without locking there account?. Most of the time the user change his password on Windows then by the time it change it on his phone his account is lock due to the fact that the phone is trying to login with old password.

A:Best practice to change password on Windows and phone

Log out on one machine before you change your password on the other.
Log back in with new password.

This post made my brain hurt quite a lot! its like chicken Vs egg ..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-practice-to-change-password-on-windows-and-phone.189331/
Relevancy 57.19%

how can I get my current password back on my Microsoft metropcs phone please help me out I forgot the password

A:How can I get my current password on my Microsoft Windows 8 on my Metro PCS phone?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question how can I get my current password back on my Microsoft metropcs phone please help me out I forgot the password I bet via pc / notebook, clicking on Forgot password link...
Or on phone open web browser, enter hotmail.com, and tap link Forgot password

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/429506-how-can-i-get-my-current-password-my-microsoft-windows-8-my-metro-pcs-phone.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am helping a friend with a nasty infection He received evil phone windows changed password support ever - tech Wierdest by malware fake the phone calls from the scam MS support people claiming he had viruses Eventually he gave in and let them have control of his computer He cut them off before paying but not Wierdest malware ever - windows password changed by evil fake phone tech support before they had control I took Wierdest malware ever - windows password changed by evil fake phone tech support a look at his computer later and found no evidence that there was any lingering problem on his computer so I assumed that it was just a Teamviewer type tool that they had him download that gave them access After removing and running a few malware removal scanning tools I pronounced him clean An hour later he called and said his computer spontaneously logged him out and put a password on his user profile the password hint is Your computer is infected call this phone number to unlock I went back to his place and bypassed the very real Windows password lock Scanned again ran TDSSKiller and a few other malware removers again but suspected that he MUST have done something because this was a clean computer Didn't have time to do anything else in the past couple days but went back over yesterday Spent an hour on the phone with the number that the scammer gave us trying to figure out if they had a secret back door into the computer They did not and kept trying to get me to install various teamviewer clones to which I gave them the wrong ID once installed which totally threw them for a loop I never actually did allow them into the computer though since I felt confident that they didnt have some secret back door that didn't require the user to give them access I removed some startup items that were causing the pop-ups but again didn't find any remote access tool One hour later the user again called me saying his computer had been locked out I picked up the computer and took it home with me to reformat ready to admit defeat But I still just have to know what's causing this to recur so here I am DDS log below EDIT Forgot to mention that before the last reinfection when I was at the house for hours I installed Kaspersky IS figuring it was worth upgrading security with the best at least as far as PCworld and PCMag thought -- DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by dfan at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Updated E - D-D E- - E SP Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Updated ACF C- -DEC - FF - EF B SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled FA F CD- D -D - E C- ADD FFD Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Common Files Nuance dgnsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation c Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Lytro lytroservice exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avpui exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x ... Read more

A:Wierdest malware ever - windows password changed by evil fake phone tech support

Well, I ran out of patience  I left the computer offline for 24 hours and the infection did not return.  I then connected it for another 24 and by the time I checked in, it had been locked down again.  So it'll be a mystery I'm afraid.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530095/wierdest-malware-ever-windows-password-changed-by-evil-fake-phone-tech-support/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm curious if windows 8 will install on a Google nexus 7 tablet 16 GB via USB or any method. Is this possible ?

A:install windows 8 on a nexus 7

I don't think so since Google Nexus uses the Andriod OS which is Linux.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/install-windows-8-on-a-nexus-7-a-675657.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Our school uses proxy that requires username/password authentication to connect on Wifi. Good thing is Windows Phone 8.1 has option to turn proxy on/off and sign in to proxy. The problem is after setting up the network connecting to it, my apps still can't
connect to the network (some apps for example are Facebook app, Skype, other 3rd party apps). The IE and Windows App Store can connect to the network though. I am currently looking for 3rd party app that can provide global proxy authentication so I can connect
my apps to the internet but I can't one.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0cc92b02-52ec-4caf-bf92-31e77a7812bc/windows-phone-81-cant-connect-windows-phone-apps-to-wifi-network-with-proxy-authentication?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm trying to take my nexus 7 (2012) back to Jelly bean as it's currently so slow it's unusable and I've tried all the cash deletes, etc.
I've tried using the Wug app and I've tried downloading the SDK so I can do it via the command line, but the problem I have is as soon as I go to bootloader mode (instigated by me via windows) Windows (7 64bit home premium) is dropping the driver. I've tried to put it in manually, pointing it at the driver files, etc. I've deleted it and updated and it tells me it's got an up to date driver (but calls it unknown device and won't communicate with it).

Can anybody help me get past this so I can sort out my nexus please?

Thanks in advance for any help!

A:Windows dropping nexus driver when in bootloader mode can't override

Try installing this driver when your phone is disconnected then see if you can see your device in "adb devices" if you have the sdk and debugging turned on in dev options on the tab. Google USB Driver | Android Developers

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/377706-windows-dropping-nexus-driver-when-bootloader-mode-cant-override.html
Relevancy 51.17%

can i transfer the data/progress of the game asphalt 8, from windows 8 phone to windows 10 phone?

A:Transfer progress/data of the game asphalt 8, from windows 8 phone to windows 10 phone

Hi, isn't the data/progress registered to your facebook account?
If you are upgrading your phone I don't see why you would lose data/progress.
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439361-transfer-progress-data-game-asphalt-8-windows-8-phone-windows-10-phone.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Having failed to be able to update to Windows Phone many times I was using until yesterday on my Lumia LTE A Windows Central message made me think I should try again and I spent the afternoon quot upgrading quot Is it worth it The upgrading 10 8.1 to version player Windows Phone Windows Phone in music MP3 inferior process asserted so saying quot it will be worth the wait quot I'm not so sure My favorite app is the music player Near as I could tell they called that Xbox Music in and In there's a new app called Groove Music Evidently Xbox Music isn't available for Windows I searched in the Store and it wasn't there Groove Music has a new look but apparently I spent maybe minutes Windows 10 Phone MP3 music player inferior to version in Windows Phone 8.1 looking it over has very similar functionality The basic stuff Windows 10 Phone MP3 music player inferior to version in Windows Phone 8.1 is there My problem with it is the FF and REW functionality when I play my Windows 10 Phone MP3 music player inferior to version in Windows Phone 8.1 MP s More often than not I play hour long MP s If I'm using Xbox Music and I'm say at and I put my finger on and hold the gt icon it started to FF at a very modest rate but as long as I keep my finger on the icon the rate gradually increases I LOVE that functionality It does the same thing with the lt REW function In Groove Music I'm stuck with the one slow rate That sucks It's way harder to move to where I want to go in my hour MP s I searched for other music players in the Store but the two I tried were laughably awful same thing when I was running Windows Phone x I had some issues with Xbox Music and hoped there was a better MP player but couldn't find anything worth a damn from my point of view One of my Sansa M players the version firmware version -- there are two distinct hardware firmware sets supports accelerating FF REW but the algorithm sucks it accelerates way too fast Xbox Music though got that right it's perfect Last night I posted feedback to MS about Windows on the issue had to choose Feature or Problem could have said either I chose Feature Who knows if they will do anything about it I'm actually thinking I may use my old Nokia Lumia running Windows Phone for MP music using Xbox Music Sucks because I won't have data on it unless I pay for a nd plan

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439394-windows-10-phone-mp3-music-player-inferior-version-windows-phone-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

The phone gives me a word to unlock screen, my lock screen uses numbers. The screen has a yellow boarder around it.

A:Lumia Windows 8 phone 735, My phone is on voice command asks me to double click everything

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=1epXSgi_

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/433922-lumia-windows-8-phone-735-my-phone-voice-command-asks-me-double-click-everything.html
Relevancy 49.45%

not syncing mail and contacts on my 930 phone and also my 950 phone.
message: We're having a problem connecting to eas.outllok.com. Contact support person or your service provider. Error code x86000107

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441638-error-code-0x86000107-problem-sync-mail-contacts-my-930-phone-also-my-950-windows-phone.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm sure that there must be an app that prevents your phone changing screen as you pass it from one person to another. Even the slightest touch on the screen as you pass the phone seems to change it back to a previous screen or activates Cortana. HELP PLEASE!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443882-windows-phone-how-stop-screen-changing-when-passing-phone-around.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I m trying to copy contacts for a client from a windows phone to Noka windows to from contacts Phone phone copy a Nokia The contacts are on the Phone and much larger than the sim card can hold - and also separate sims So a few weeks copy contacts from windows phone to Noka Phone ago I have copied all the contacts to the SIM card on the windows Phone - placed into the Nokia and copied to the Nokia Phone But we are missing quite a few contacts now - and because of sim copy contacts from windows phone to Noka Phone activation and de-activation I did not want to mess around with simcard coping again Windows Phone - Orange SPV M Nokia Slide Windows Mobile Device Centre Nokia Ovi Suite Sony Laptop with Vista amp Bluetooth Outlook The Plan for Next Monday th i will use my Sony Laptop with Bluetooth I have used bluetooth to connect the phone before - but didnt have the sync software I have Windows Mobile Device Centre with Outlook windows - which is blank - Nokia Ovi Suite - Which I know works with the phone Bluetooth So I can sync the windows phone using bluetooth to the Mobile Centre and use Oulook as contacts Q can I just sync from the Windows Phone to outlook and therefore obtain a complete copy of the contacts - I do NOT want the blank contacts on outlook to delete the contacts on the phone can I set up the Sync from Phone gt outlook then I will have a backup of the contacts on outlook and can save the contacts using export which we also need to have Next I can then with bluetooth connect to the Nokia phone and Sync with Outlook - this time the otherway outlook gt Nokia Phone Then all the missing contacts will be added to the nokia phone then we can look at updating his outlook to be the master contacts and sync to the nokia - via cable as he does not have bluetooth Q does that sound like a workable plan anything I need i missed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-contacts-from-windows-phone-to-noka-phone.978588/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello.

I will not mention specific models for the three smartphone types today. Just want to hear your opinion regarding their overall:

1. Performance
2. Battery Consumption
3. Features
4. Customization
5. Price

Thanks much!

A:Best Smartphone: iPhone, Windows Phone, Android Phone

Iphone is now after android smartphones....
You've forgotten "5 - Prices"

https://malwaretips.com/threads/best-smartphone-iphone-windows-phone-android-phone.46280/
Relevancy 48.59%

Fogot microsoft password,cortana won't work it keeps on asking for password and i dont remember it

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442602-forgot-password-nokia-635-phone.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I had to change my password on my login to Outlook now my phone will not login in as I have been unable to change the password on my phone to match the change on Outlook

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435351-how-do-i-change-my-microsoft-password-my-lumina-640-phone.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey Guys.

I recently got a new phone which is a Samsung D900i. With it came the Samsung "Pc Studio" so that I can transfer files from the computer to the phone and vice versa. However, I have just gone to install it and when i clicked on "Install Samsung PC Studio" it said:

-Close all programs
-Clear your temp
-Check internet-based connections.

I closed all open programs, cleared my temp folder and my connection is fine. And tried again and it didn't work. I'm a bit confused as to what to do now!

Thanks for all help

p.s Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobile-phone-programs-samsung.649438/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello A customer of mine a senior forgive her got a phone call from quot Microsoft Tech Support quot and said her computer was infected They password now need - startup call phone computer locked, wanted to access phone call - now computer locked, need startup password her computer to fix it for her She did They ended up wanting for a password to unlock her computer She didn t pay and now when you boot up a box appears stating something to the effect quot this computer is locked and requires a start up password phone call - now computer locked, need startup password quot there are two buttons OK and restart THIS IS REQUESTING A START UP PASSWORD Now listen this is not a user name and password or a administrator password I had never seen this before Safe now gives the same box message I attempted to do a repair on windows s but after copying files and rebooting can t go forward as it still has a box pop up with the message I know this scam has been around awhile has I have had other customers call me about it although they didn t let the hackers into their computers so I thought there would be more info on google Can t find anything but one thread on the file lsass exe being hacked I could find anything on Microsoft web site about it I tried using pogostick and hirens boot cd to see if I could find the startup pasword but they were of no help How do you get rid of this thing without reformating I have the hard drive out now and piggy-backed onto another computer and running a scan on the windows folder Any Ideas Thanks William nbsp

A:phone call - now computer locked, need startup password

i will move to the virus form, where they may be able to help - however, it may take 48hrs as its a very busy forum

As you say been around a while - also they can load a police notice which does the same - but does not fire up till muchlater

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/phone-call-now-computer-locked-need-startup-password.1076721/
Relevancy 47.73%

I cant download apps onto my microsoft phone as i dont know the password for the account. I dont want to reset my phone as ive got photos etc and i dont want to loose them.

A:i dont know the password for the microsoft account that saved on my phone

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I cant download apps onto my microsoft phone as i dont know the password for the account. I dont want to reset my phone as ive got photos etc and i dont want to loose them. Open your hotmail.com via Edge browser or via pc and use the link "I forget the password" and follow the on screen instruction for resetting password with a new one and account cjhecking.
Rember later you'll must change password in your main phone account for continuing use

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442121-i-dont-know-password-microsoft-account-saved-my-phone.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello An Please-Password/encryption-??? Phone Secuirty-Searching-Help Cell colleague of mine recently lost their cell phone Colleague kept all contact information Cell Phone Secuirty-Searching-Help Please-Password/encryption-??? on it including my own and now that data is compromised Does anybody know of Cell Phones redily avalible that have password protection for restricted information and have sort of fale-safe flash feature Clarification for Cell Phone Secuirty-Searching-Help Please-Password/encryption-??? flash Security Feature what I mean by that Those of you who have Palm Pilots know what I mean by this For example if I have choes to mask or hide records the palm warns me that if I lose the password I won t be able to retrive my protected data Thus if anybody stole the palm they would have to flash ERASE the data in order to use it to it s utmost memory capacity Take notice I am not entirely sure if this post goes in this catagory or with the forms at all But many cell phones have internet cababilities so you decided Thank You All This site rocks Lets all support it nbsp

A:Cell Phone Secuirty-Searching-Help Please-Password/encryption-???

the only one i can think of is the nokia communicator www.nokia.com but its not cheap¬!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cell-phone-secuirty-searching-help-please-password-encryption.69875/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I use lastpass Secure, Phone&Laptop? Password Program-Free, on my laptop and it has made life easier for me I have about user names passwords Password Program-Free, Secure, Phone&Laptop? saved for various accounts I like the program because it helps me to keep track of all of my passwords and because it is free For more sensitive accounts like my financial accounts I tend to rely on my own memory Password Program-Free, Secure, Phone&Laptop? for user names and passwords So I am using my smart phone more and more frequently beyond just checking my emails I understand there is a free version of lastpass for cell phones but there is no way to import the user names and passwords from my laptop account onto my cell phone without paying for a fee-based lastpass account So here is my dilemna I would like a password program that works with both my laptop and my cell and that is free and secure I guess I could manually insert the user names and passwords for about websites into the free version of lastpass for my phone but I would rather not do that I have thought about having chrome save my user names and passwords for both my laptop and my phone but I am not sure if that would be secure enough Can you provide me with some ideas Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-program-free-secure-phone-laptop.1169778/
Relevancy 46.87%

When I connect my Lumia 640 to my PC (both running 8.1), it sees the phone in the disconnect area but doesn't show up in Windows explorer as a separate drive. (It usually says Windows Phone.)
I also tried connecting my Android phone and the PC didn't see it at all.
Both phones charge when connected.
Up until today, both phones connected fine and I could transfer data between them and the PC.
How can I fix this?

A:Windows PC won't recognize Windows Phone nor Android Phone.

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question When I connect my Lumia 640 to my PC (both running 8.1), it sees the phone in the disconnect area but doesn't show up in Windows explorer as a separate drive. (It usually says Windows Phone.)
I also tried connecting my Android phone and the PC didn't see it at all.
Both phones charge when connected.
Up until today, both phones connected fine and I could transfer data between them and the PC.
How can I fix this? Try changin usb ports or cables.
Reboot your pc

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437041-windows-pc-wont-recognize-windows-phone-nor-android-phone.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I had a old windows phone which was reset and give to my son. My new phone occasionally picks up his contacts and calendar appointments. Any ideas

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441585-old-windows-phone-account-linking-new-windows-phone.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey having same problem wonder if you could help me as well here is scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Nexus Web Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Web Nexus Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS Web Nexus Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM Web Nexus exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe C Program Files ESPNRunTime DIGServices exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system swinksap exe C WINDOWS system hpsw exe C WINDOWS system wgse exe C Program Files CA eTrust PestPatrol PPActiveDetection exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files bama tlii exe C WINDOWS system m hta exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-us bin WindowsSearch exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe c windows system dwdsregt exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-us bin WindowsSearchIndexer exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http bfc myway com search de srchlft html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook no name - FE -AE B-F A - -F A DFFFEE - C WINDOWS system tqfhudkw dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Trecker Class - C B - E - aa -B -D EA E F - C PROGRA Jalmp jalmp dll O - BHO no name - FE -AE B-F A - -F A DFFFEE - C WINDOWS system tqfhudkw dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

[SIZE=7]Ok,somewhere along the line someone or thing has downloaded a load-o-crap onto my pc and it is now so infected with adware it ain't funny.I have run Spybot and Adaware a zillion times to no avail. I have a window that pops up when I start the pc that says IPHLPAPI.dll file cannot start.Check the file to determine the problem. So I click ok it goes away. Don't know how to fix it. When I am online these web-nexus ad pages keep popping up. What can I do?!?I am running Windows 98 SE on a dinosaur of a pc. Please give me some ideas? I am going crazy!!

A:web-nexus has taken over my pc

I suggest you post a HijackThis log for examination.Read How to post a HijackThis Log. Please read, and follow, all directions carefully.Then, run a log, and post it in the HJT forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.NOTE:Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29757/web-nexus-has-taken-over-my-pc/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm sorry if this has been discussed previously, I can't figure out how to search the threads. Of course, it would be easier without these annoying popups from web-nexus. I'm running XP Pro, and I have no idea what else I should tell you. Please help! PLEASE! I can't take these pop ups anymore! Norton can't kill it. Adaware can't kill it. AOL can't kill it. And I can't find the file names.

Relevancy 44.72%

ive downloaded many diffrent types of spy wear removers

Spybot S&D
Xoftware
AVG
Ad-aware and
Sweeper
ive searched on the comp and looked in the control panel and havent found anything im only 14 years old and im not so comp savy could you anwser ASAP because ive been at this all day =p

please and thank you

A:Web Nexus

I assume you have a malware problem.

Do you know exactly when the problem began?

If you do, and are using Windows XP or Windows ME use Windows System Restore to reset your system state to a working condition.

To use System Restore click Start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore

Choose a restore date from before you began experiencing the problem.

Let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67733/web-nexus/
Relevancy 44.72%

im having problems with popups most of the times it has quot web nexus quot so and so txt on the bottom plz help me get rid of this lol Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system atiptaxx exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exe C Program Files MarkAny web nexus ContentSAFER MAAgent exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe web nexus C WINDOWS System wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files GRETECH GomAudio Goma exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R web nexus - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system uybvg exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe ftiaqcw exe O - Hosts localhost O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run LIU C Program Files Logitech QuickCam RUBICON EXE O - HKLM Run DXM Patch C WINDOWS p exe Q A O - HKLM Run LVComs C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE O - HKLM Run LogitechGalleryRepair C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechImageStudioTray C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exe web nexus O - HKLM Run MAAgent C Program Files MarkAny ContentSAFER MAAgent exe O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run jbrxf exe C WINDOWS system jbrxf exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run KillAndClean quot C Program Files KillAndClean KillAndClean exe quot O - Extra button no name - ABF A-F D- - D F- D F A - C WINDOWS system dmonwv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Java - ABF A-F D- - D F- D F A - C WINDOWS system dmonwv dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Trusted Zone http buddybuddy co kr HKLM O - DPF Yahoo Chess - http download games yahoo com games clients y ct x cab O - DPF -A C- D - A - BF FBE NetmarbleStarter Class - http download netmarble com web nmstarter NMStarter cab O - DPF E BADF-F B - D-B D- D CADEFE F CyImage Ctl Class - http cyimg cyworld nate com ImageUpload CyImageUpload cab O - DPF AB- - ED -A F- B EB E NowStarter Control - http www clubbox co kr neo fld NowStarter cab O - DPF E E- F - B -AB -E D F F HardmoaX Class - http www hardmoa com moaexplorer cab hardmoax cab O - DPF CCF -D F- A - B - DC B BugsInstall Control - http player bugs co kr install BugsInstall cab O - DPF B B - A - D-AA B- A EE B A YariMusicPlayer EHom Control - http drsun ehome co kr ocx YariMusicPlayer cab O - DPF D F - FC - F -B A- A C C C IUpdown Professional - http cab IUpdownPro cab O - DPF E E A -A - F - CB -B DE D Launcher Class - http ftp entica com webhard install WebLaunch cab O - DPF A - - F - - E BCABFABF INIwallet Control - https plugin inicis com wallet INIwallet cab O - DPF A DE - F- BA - FC-C E D EzLauncher Class - http ftp entica com EnLaunch ENPPY Install NPWebLaunch cab O - DPF AF AA - A - -AF B-A BD F SBStarter Control - http download soribada com down Soribada SBStarter ocx O - DPF C EE -B F - FF- ABA-A D B IUpdown Professional - http cab ... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

i have adware called web nexusmy spybot s&d detected it and i clicked on fix this problem and it fixed it but i still get popups from it
spybot was the only program that detected it
not adaware or spy sweeper
i dont want to download the uninstaller that it offers because it could have viruses in that
what should i do?

A:HOW DO I GET RID OF WEB NEXUS?

The uninstaller works fine... I have never had any problems with it, or had any people report problems with it. At the most it will leave behind a few registry entries, and maybe a few orphaned files. If you are running XP or greater, Ewido Security Suite will kill off the remainders of the infection.

Trying to do it manually is very difficult.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28970/how-do-i-get-rid-of-web-nexus/
Relevancy 44.29%

i have been reading around for a while and i still can get rid of these popups i ive deleted APD exe and irasyncd exe and took them out of the reg i cannot get rid of this stuff heres my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost nexus and problems up pop web exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS web nexus and pop up problems system spoolsv exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe c Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I G EXE C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe c Program Files Norton Personal Firewall ccPxySvc exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoguard exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop New Folder hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http login yahoo com config login sbc yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http login yahoo com config login sbc yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hotmail com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO ts - DCA - D- FC -AC - DA DCB - C WINDOWS System bho dll file missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - BE F D- CAF- c e-B - A A C D EC - no file O - BHO IRiras Class - C - E - D - EB- EB CC DD - C WINDOWS System irasagep dll file missing O - BHO no name - ADE - AB - B -A F -AC DE - no file O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run ccApp quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I G EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run SpybotSnD quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run APD C WINDOWS System APD exe O - HKLM... Read more

A:web nexus and pop up problems

Hello Joseph and Welcome to TSF!

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of fixes as soon as they are posted.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Please download these additional files/programs. Do not run them untill instructed to do so.
Unless otherwise stated, they should be stored in same directory as the HiJackThis program.

CleanUp! - Install.

WinPfind.zip

TrackQoo.zip

AproposFix.exe

I need you to update your copy of Ewido. Please go to this website - http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/
Download the full updated database (Approximately 3600 KB) & install it unto your copy of Ewido.

'UNPLUG'/DISCONNECT YOUR COMPUTER FROM THE INTERNET WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED DOWNLOADING

This webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix. Please save the following instructions in Notepad. I have customed my instructions on the assumption that you are using Notepad. It may lead to some confusion should you choose to do otherwise.

If there's anything that you don't understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding with the fixes. There should not be any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DON'T MISS A STEP & PERFORM EVERYTHING IN THE RIGHT ORDER.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Please disable TeaTimer for now until you are clean. TeaTimer can be re-activated once your HijackThis log is clean.Open Spybot Search & Destroy.
In the Mode menu click "Advanced mode" if not already selected.
Choose Yes at the Warning prompt.
Expand the Tools menu.
Click Resident.
Uncheck the Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of overall system settings) active. box.
In the File menu click Exit to exit Spybot Search & Destroy.

With HiJackThis & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://qus9.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-qus9.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://qus9.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-qus9.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-qus9.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.hotmail.com/
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: ts - {4006DCA3-433D-4FC8-AC36-42DA7797DCB7} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\bho.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {55BE9F0D-6CAF-4c3e-B125-5A13A8C9D0EC} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: IRiras Class - {95C60327-8E17-44D6-98EB-7EB70CC606DD} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\irasagep.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9ADE0443-2AB2-4B23-A3F8-AC520773DE12} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APD123] C:\WINDOWS\System32\APD123.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [irassync] C:\WINDOWS\System32\irasyncd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winsync] C:\WINDOWS\System32\yywqoa.exe reg_run
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {9E248641-0E24-4DDB-9A1F-705087832AD6} - (no file)

Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:

1. Restart your computer
2. After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4. Select the first option, to run W... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/web-nexus-and-pop-up-problems-78434.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have had these pop up's on my computer web network HELP!!! nexus now for a while and i have tried a lot of spyware adware programmes but to no avail i've followed all your steps and i hope you can help me fix this problem Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system web nexus network HELP!!! csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C web nexus network HELP!!! Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS system UAService exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslstat exe C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslagent exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files AOL a waol exe C Program Files AOL a shellmon exe C Program Files Common Files AOL aoltpspd exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell co uk myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell co uk myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell co uk myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run P Helper Rundll P dll P Helper O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM Run DSLSTATEXE C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslstat exe icon O - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE C Program ... Read more

A:web nexus network HELP!!!

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted.

Please read this post completely before begining the fix. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Please ensure that there aren't any any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

* * * * * * ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Download & install - CleanUp.exe (not recommended for WinXP64)

'UNPLUG'/DISCONNECT your computer from the Internet when you have finished downlaoding.
It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order.

* * * * * * FIXING ENTRIES WITH HIJACKTHIS * * * * * * * * * *

Do a HijackThis scan & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.co.uk/myway
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.co.uk/myway
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell.co.uk/myway
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [timessquare] c:\windows\timessquare.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [drsmartloadb] c:\\drsmartloadb.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CU1] C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\VCClient.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CU2] C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\VCMain.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [zwkq] c:\stub_113_4_0_4_0.exe

* * * * * * RESTART WINDOWS IN SAFE MODE * * * * * * * * * *

1. Restart your computer
2. After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4. Select the option to run Windows in Safe Mode.

* * * * * * DELETING FILES/FOLDERS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

If you have not done so already, please enable the viewing of Hidden files
From Windows Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab. Tick - 'Show hidden files and folder'
Untick - 'Hide file extensions for known types'
Untick - 'Hide protected operating system files'
Click Yes to confirm & then click OK
Locate and delete the following files/folders: (let me know if you fail to find/delete any) c:\windows\timessquare.exe
c:\drsmartloadb.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VCClient\
c:\stub_113_4_0_4_0.exe

* * * * * * PURGING TEMP FOLDERS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Run Cleanup! using the following configuration:

1. Click Options...
2. Set the slider initially to Standard CleanUp!
3. Uncheck the following:Delete Newsgroup cache
Delete Newsgroup Subscriptions
Scan local drives for temporary files
4. Click OK
5. Press the CleanUp! button to start the program.
6. Do NOT reboot/logoff if prompted.

* CleanUp! will not create any backups!!

* * * * * * REBOOT TO NORMAL MODE * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Establish an internet connection & perform an online scan with Internet Explorer at Kaspersky Online Scanner

Answer Yes, when prompted to install an ActiveX component. The program will then begin downloading the latest definition files.
Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
Locate the Scan Settings button & configure to: Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:Extended

Scan Options:Scan Archives
Scan Mail Bases
Click OK & have it scan My Computer
Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so t... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/web-nexus-network-help-82938.html
Relevancy 44.29%

This reference keeps appearing in my registry despite copious cleaning and use of Spybot. It appears not to cause harm but what does it do and can I get rid of it permanently?

many thanks in anticipation.

stepheno

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I have had this webnexus network on my compuer for a while and I cannot seem to kick it The main suspicious Network Nexus Web looking entry in my Web Nexus Network registry is the zztttg Web Nexus Network exe but I cannot get rid of it and it is not runningh a process Any help woud be greatly appreciated HJT Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system devldr exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier G - gnotify exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch kbdtray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC PROGRA AIM aim exeC Program Files ATnotes ATnotes exeC Program Files TorrentStorm TorrentStorm exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeD Spyware HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeO - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier G - gnotify exeO - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run winsync C WINDOWS system zztttg exe reg runO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run AIM C PROGRA AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - Startup ATnotes lnk C Program Files ATnotes ATnotes exeO - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks h... Read more

A:Web Nexus Network

Hello dansun1222 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. It looks like there could be an infection called Qoologic here. Let's run a different scanner and see what it shows us.Download WinPFind.zip and unzip the contents to the C:\ folder.Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.Press the Enter key.Locate the c:\winpfind\winpfind.exe file and double-click it to run it. Now click the Start Scan button to begin the scan.When the scan is complete reboot normally and post the WinPFind.txt file (located in the WinPFind folder) back here along with a new HijackThis log and I will review the information when it comes in.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/31115/web-nexus-network/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone knows of a great popup blocker for the google nexus 4 android phone. I use Chrome to view the internet and pop-ups sometimes annoy me. I have Kasperky installed for virus scans and such. Thanks

http://www.techist.com/forums/f155/pop-up-blocker-nexus-4-a-270654/
Relevancy 44.29%

Previously I had problems with my system and the nice people here suspected or I Nexus-5000 for enough, should another? go that my brand new Nexus NX- PSU wasn t up for the job Yet I installed a new mobo and windows booted up normally and has now been running stable for half an hour So now my question is will this PSU do it s job on my system or should I Nexus-5000 enough, or should I go for another? get a new one before this one breaks too Is this system on too much strain for W PSU And if I should get a new one could you help me to spot one good enough since not many PSU of antecs and other good labels seem to have over Amps on v rails CPU AMD Athlon Mobo Asustek K V-X SE Graphics Sapphire radeon X AGP x x Ide harddisks x sata hardisks floppy dvd rw PSU Nexus NX- system seems stable on normal use haven t tried to put it on heavy work yet Any idea how to test if the PSU is enough Nexus box says the following Max Load V A V A V DC A V DC A - V A Vsb A nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nexus-5000-enough-or-should-i-go-for-another.45245/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I have been working on a computer that was infected Web-nexus Infection with various malware I loaded Spybot and Ad-ware booted-up in save-mode with networking launched updated scanned with Spybot and Ad-ware They got everything but one set of adware keeps coming back for more Ad-ware has it as web-nexus There seems to be two things common each time the computer gets reinfected A file Web-nexus Infection called oojz exe is put into the Allusers Startup folder Also there is an entry in HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVerison Run that runs ppcakp exe Anyhow here is my HijackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System slagent exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagIt exeC Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus vptray exeC Program Files DesktopAuthority ragui exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt TSCHelp exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http searchmiracle com sp phpR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http searchmiracle com sp phpR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchmiracle com sp phpR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http connect michigan gov portal site sos R - URLSearchHook no name - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - C Program Files MyWebSearch SrchAstt bin MWSSRCAS DLL file missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dllO - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dllO - HKLM Run SnagIt C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagIt exe hO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus vptray exeO - HKLM Run Desktop Authority GUI quot C Program Files DesktopAuthority ragui exe quot O - HKLM Run winsync C WINDOWS System ppcakp exe reg runO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MyWebSearch Email Plugin C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exeO - HKCU Run CAS Client quot C Program Files Cas Client casclient exe quot O - HKCU Run Z o RganV nsvog exeO - HKCU Run ouum C PROGRA COMMON ouum ouumm exeO - Startup MyWebSearch Email Plugin lnk C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSOEMON EXEO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Global Startup XPStartup lnk C Program Files XPStartup XPStartup exeO - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel presentO - Extra context menu item amp Search - http bar mywebsearch com menusearch html AHUS ZSzeb O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Spyware Doctor - D D A- - D -A A - C B E E - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXEO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXEO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com v co b O - DPF C CCBC D-D - D -B EA- A QKTransfer QuicTransfer - http www quicknowledge com training cont QKTransfer CABO - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain sos ad state mi usO - HKLM Software Telephony DomainName sos ad state mi usO - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip D F- - F -B DC-E D C FD NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters Domain sos ad state mi usO - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip D F- - F -B DC-E D C FD NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip D F- - F -B DC-E D C FD NameServer O - Filter text html - no CLSID - no file O - AppInit DLLs DAinit dllO - Win... Read more

A:Web-nexus Infection

Do you know what this is?O4 - Global Startup: XPStartup.lnk = C:\Program Files\XPStartup\XPStartup.exeClick on start, settings, control panel and double-click on add/remove programs. From with add/remove program uninstall the following if they exist:CasMywebsearchThere are a few infections here. Lets clean it up some before we tackle the harder one.Print out these instructions and then close all windows including Internet Explorer.Then I want you to fix some of those entries. Please do the following:Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:How to see hidden files in WindowsRun Hijackthis again, click scan, and Put a checkmark next to each of these. Then click the Fix button:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.phpR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.phpR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://searchmiracle.com/sp.phpR3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\1.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL (file missing)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winsync] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ppcakp.exe reg_runO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CAS Client] "C:\Program Files\Cas\Client\casclient.exe"O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Z0o5RganV] nsvog.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ouum] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\ouum\ouumm.exeO4 - Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEMON.EXEO4 - Global Startup: XPStartup.lnk = C:\Program Files\XPStartup\XPStartup.exeO6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel presentO18 - Filter: text/html - (no CLSID) - (no file)Reboot your computer into Safe ModeThen delete these files or directories (Do not be concerned if they do not exist)C:\WINDOWS\System32\ppcakp.exeC:\Program Files\Cas\C:\windows\nsvog.exeC:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\ouum\C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\Reboot your computer to go back to normal mode and post a new log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39986/web-nexus-infection/
Relevancy 44.29%

BTW to anyone being a spam tracker there is a duplicate thread i created on a forum called quot http androidforums com quot just putting many fingers in many pies to get a least bias opinion that is all to all who cant be bothered to read poorly spelt and formatted ramblings head for the big --- gt i have options ditch my slightly Laptop VS 7 Nexus help underpowered but amazingly cheap and much loved phone a sony ericsson mini pro SK i for somthing like an SII as thats in my price range -or- replace my year old windows vista bit new years ago dell laptop that has a single core processor running on GB ram as its broken with somthing like a nexus Nexus 7 VS Laptop help correct me if there is a better value for money vs power tablet now some back story i prefer inch tablets i am a PC gamer that is what my rig is for i have no intention of playing anything otehr than android games while on the go NOTHING runs on my laptop and i wish to spend very little all i use my laptop for is excel powerpoint word and the very very very occational D modeling or D editing and i mean occational like i said thats what the desktop is for laptop gaming consists of fps minecraft mine sweeper or the occational game like puzzel quest my laptop is also sometimes used for transporting info around though dropbox has completely removed that need --- gt so my question really is would a nexus be able to replace a very very weak laptop barely more than a note book but one which i use for powerpoint presentations some word processing and possibly some spreadsheet and email managment software and of course due to it being an android device how well can it run android games as my phone can t quite handle some that i got yes unfortunately my question does throw in a few fanboy triggers so please put your fanboyness asside would it be worth sticking with my clapped out laptop or upping to a nexus or better for good value tablet or getting a new phone many thanks Richard PS remember me stoopid use simple terms for small brain well not that stupid nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nexus-7-vs-laptop-help.1075044/
Relevancy 44.29%

pis try it. i have found it better than the rest by far.

A:nexus dock

It seems a little redundant though in addition to the taskbar, but a person who likes macs, this is a good program

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/60183-nexus-dock.html
Relevancy 44.29%

The MTP driver does not function & my computer doesn`t recognise my Nexus 7 when connected with its USB cable..

A:RECOGNISING NEXUS 7

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Have you followed this guide?

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2840804?hl=en

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recognising-nexus-7-a-813178.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I just got a copy of Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. I had first installed it on my Acer laptop, running on Windows Vista Basic. It ran just fine; however, I just got a brand new Dell Inspiron desktop running on Windows Vista Premium with 6GB of RAM. It installed fine, but when I try to run the game, it gives me a dspace.cpp error. I tried running it as an administrator, and it still gives me the error. I tried doing a clean boot, and it gave me the same error, again. Can anyone help? I can give you the specs on both the Acer laptop and the Dell Inspiron desktop if it'll help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nexus-not-running.790225/
Relevancy 44.29%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC WINDOWS System igfxtray exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system ps exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeC Nexus With Infected Web PROGRA VERIZO Infected With Web Nexus SUPPOR SMARTB MotiveSB exeC WINDOWS LTMSG exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Infected With Web Nexus Files Java jre bin Infected With Web Nexus jusched exeC PROGRA HPINST plugin bin pchbutton exeC Program Files Verizon Online Support Center bin mpbtn exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeC Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exeC WINDOWS system cba pds exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC WINDOWS system cba xfr exeC WINDOWS system MsgSys EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files webHancer programs whAgent exeC WINDOWS pop ap exeC Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Michael's Stuff GNR hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jspR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer powered by Verizon BroadbandR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system uamlb exeF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe fuspmdw exeO - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO web compressor - FB ADD-DA - a - FC -B E CDE - C WINDOWS system nsy dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Related Page - A C B -F - AAB- D C- EA F E - C WINDOWS system WinNB dllO - BHO WhIeHelperObj Class - c b -cdfe- d - a- e a e - C Program Files webHancer programs whiehlpr dllO - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLLO - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - Toolbar AIM Search - D A B-D B- d - A - EE F C - C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dllO - Toolbar Related Page - A C B -F - AAB- D C- EA F E - C WINDOWS system WinNB dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initializeO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeO - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exeO - HKLM Run checktime c program files HPSelect Frontend ct exeO - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeO - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA VERIZO SUPPOR SMARTB MotiveSB exeO - HKLM Run LTMSG LTMSG exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Com... Read more

A:Infected With Web Nexus

Hello,It is really important you perform everything in the right order!!* Go to start > controlpanel > software > add/remove programs and uninstall Webhancer or Webhancer companion or something similar.It will reboot your computer.I see you have PartyPoker installed.If you didn't install it with intension to play with, I suggest you uninstall it, because in most cases, these programs are supported by malware, getting installed without asking for it and also lead you to sites where malware is lurking.If you do play it, then leave it alone.After reboot, in case you notice that you lost your internetconnection, perform next:Go to start > run and type cmdA dos Window will appear.Type next in the dos window: netsh winsock resethit enter.Only perform this when you don't have any internet connection!!!!Download Brute Force Uninstaller to your C:\Unzip it to a folder of its own (C:\BFU). So the BFU-folder should be on your root. In most cases this is C:\Download qoofix.bat (rightclick on this link and choose save as)Place qoofix.bat in your C:\BFU - folder. (Important!)Doubleclick qooFix.bat, Close all browsers and explorer folders.Choose option 1 (Qoolfix autofix) and follow the prompts.Please be patient, it will take about five minutes.It will ask to reboot your computer, so please allow it to reboot.After reboot,* Start HijackThis, close all open windows leaving only HijackThis running. Place a check against each of the following if still present:F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe, C:\WINDOWS\system32\uamlb.exeF2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,fuspmdw.exeO2 - BHO: web compressor - {23FB5ADD-DA37-4a40-9FC0-B0E2384CDE92} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nsy67.dllO2 - BHO: Related Page - {9A9C9B69-F908-4AAB-8D0C-10EA8997F37E} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinNB57.dllO2 - BHO: WhIeHelperObj Class - {c900b400-cdfe-11d3-976a-00e02913a9e0} - C:\Program Files\webHancer\programs\whiehlpr.dllO3 - Toolbar: hp toolkit - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL <== not requiredO3 - Toolbar: Related Page - {9A9C9B68-F908-4AAB-8D0C-10EA8997F37E} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinNB57.dllO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [webHancer Agent] "C:\Program Files\webHancer\Programs\whAgent.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [webHancer Survey Companion] "C:\Program Files\webHancer\Programs\whSurvey.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pop06ap] C:\WINDOWS\pop06ap2.exeO9 - Extra button: (no name) - {4ABF810A-F11D-4169-9D5F-7D274F2270A1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmonwv.dllO9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Java - {4ABF810A-F11D-4169-9D5F-7D274F2270A1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmonwv.dllO15 - Trusted Zone: *.media-motor.netO15 - Trusted Zone: *.mmohsix.comO15 - Trusted Zone: http://awbeta.net-nucleus.com (HKLM)O16 - DPF: {3A7FE611-1994-4EF1-A09F-99456752289D} - http://install.wildtangent.com/ActiveLaunc...iveLauncher.cabO16 - DPF: {5526B4C6-63D6-41A1-9783-0FABF529859A} (mm06ocx.mm06ocxf) - http://cabs.media-motor.net/cabs/download.cabO16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo...otoUploader.cabO16 - DPF: {8FCDF9D9-A28B-480F-8C3D-581F119A8AB8} - http://static.zangocash.com/cab/180solutio.../bridge-c24.cabO16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://antu.popcap.com/games/popcaploader_v6.cab* Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.Make sure your Internet Explorer is closed when you click Fix Checked!* Delete next file: C:\WINDOWS\pop06ap2.exe* Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tabClick the "Delete Cookies" but... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55282/infected-with-web-nexus/
Relevancy 43.86%

I installed an updated version of Norton (360) from a previous Norton online , which had been updated the year before. After update, my cell phone would no longer auto upload photos to pc (not sure how to do it manually), program icons missing from desktop (program also missing), along with the wallpaper picture I used for background. I 'had trouble with adobe and thought I needed to upgrade. Troubles upgrading, which I couldn't accomplish.

What is causing all of these sudden problems? Is it Norton? or something else. How can I track down the problem and fix this?

widows vista home premium (2007)
service pack 2

Dell Inspiron 1501 32 bit Operating system

My end goal is to prevent program loss in the future, I need to update adobe flash player and I need to fix the auto load, for pictures taken on my cell phone to my computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-missing-desktop-wallpaper-change-cell-phone-photo-auto-down-load-quit-work.899310/
Relevancy 43.86%

This is about hardware and software so I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum Is there a recent application that will allow me to print directly from my Nexus tablet to my HP printer without being on line The Nexus shows a good connection to the printer under Settings WiFi My PC shows the same connection and prints directly to the printer whether on the Net or not I downloaded HP ePrint and I have to say that it works well however I have to be on the Net and that application functions by sending documents to the HP server then back to the printer and I have no intention of using my MB monthly limit uploading downloading documents to from a server in The Cloud in order to print them Is there a solution other than transferring files to the PC and bothering other people A work-around If I knew for sure that there was no solution it would save 7 Printing Tablet Nexus & me some time However I would like to understand Nexus 7 Tablet & Printing the technical reasons why this cannot be done nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

So here's the deal I purchased a obd2 bluetooth adapter for my PC and I got the obd2 plug that goes to the car to pair with my phone but I try to pair my PC with my phone and the PC tells me the drivers it needs for my nexus s is unavailable. But the phone says its paired.... any suggestions

A:Need driver for nexus s bluetooth

I dont know alot about phone software. I do know of a excellent place that you could solve this issue though. Check out the following forum Nexus S Android Development - xda-developers Someone there will for sure be able to solve your issue. I myself have the HTC One ;] so im no help on this. Some phone geek will have a solution for you on XDA Devs though. Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/232706-need-driver-nexus-s-bluetooth.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I am doing graphic work with Photoshop and downloaded NexusFont (tried both versions). When I attempt to add a folder in Nexus Font it crashes windows. My font library folder is on an external drive. As soon as Nexus starts scanning the folder with all my fonts in it I get the BSOD once the program reaches the "Bs" from alphabetical order scanning. I've never seen this kind of problem before. Weird.

Also, I cannot download Sysnative b/c Chrome is blocking it. It says it is harmful?
Windows 7 Pro 64bit (SP1)
16 gb ram

A:BSOD when using Nexus Font

Sysnative has been used by hundreds (if not thousands) of people.The app is hosted here at Bleeping Computer, at MalwareBytes forums, at Sysnative Forums (where it was developed), and at many other forums.If you're concerned about it, there's several options: 1)  Download it and then scan it with an antivirus before opening it. 2)  Alternatively, please provide these reports:Upload Dump Files:NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.Left click on the first minidump file.Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.Upload that .zip file with your next post.If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.htmlMore info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649MSINFO32:Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press EnterSave the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.systeminfo:Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620320/bsod-when-using-nexus-font/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey folks-- I'm brand new to this forum and despite my mild uneasiness about joining well anything on the internet I think this is a really useful and excellent community y'all have put together here So kudos on that Anyhow I've been running Anti-virus programs anti-spyware programs and all the other things on your pre-post checklist for the last day and a half or so and now I'd like to deliver the death blow to this awful Web Nexus software that's been bombarding me with pop-ups for a while I understand that this is a tricky and terrible program and I have my HijackThis log below I bet this is a problem y'all see pretty frequently--sorry to trouble you with the same old queries again and again but I have to admit rather sheepishly I wasn't very good at navigating old posts Hopefully as I get better acquainted with the forum all that will be easier But if someone could tell me what I need to do to get rid of this I'd really appreciate it Thanks a bunch Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS Removing Web Malware Nexus system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Removing Web Nexus Malware Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exec Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exeC WINDOWS Removing Web Nexus Malware System svchost exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Removing Web Nexus Malware Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINDOWS System hphmon exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue ControlPanel VersionCueTray exeC Program Files Ulead Systems Ulead Photo Explorer SE Basic Monitor exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files AOL Computer Check-Up ACCAgnt exeC Program Files America Online waol exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Ulead Systems Ulead Photo Express SE CalCheck exeC Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSubtract exeC Program Files America Online shellmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default about blankO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dllO - Toolba... Read more

A:Removing Web Nexus Malware

Please do both of the following before we start if possible!: 1) Please print off these intructions - they will be needed later when internet access is not available. 2) Save these instructions in word/notepad to the desktop where they can be easily found for the same reasons as above._____________________ Download KillBox here: http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zipSave it to your desktop.DO NOT run it yet._____________________ With IE closed, run Hijack This again. Put a checkmark on these entries and hit "fix checked":R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blankR0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = about:blankR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = about:blankR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = about:blankO2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [aqadcup] C:\WINDOWS\aqadcup.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [J0lf.exe] C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\J0lf.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winsync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\wkaqir.exe reg_runO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE _____________________ Boot into Safe ModeBy pressing the F8 key right when Windows starts, usually right after you hear your computer beep when you reboot it (some versions of windows will display 'Starting Windows' with a grey progress bar) you will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode. Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. Now put a tick by Standard File Kill. In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file. It will ask for confimation to delete the file. Click Yes. Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box. C:\WINDOWS\aqadcup.exeC:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\J0lf.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wkaqir.exe _____________________ Please Navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder. (if you cannot delete some items it's fine!)Then go to Start > Run and type %temp% in the Run box. The Temp folder will open. Click Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.fFinally go to Control Panel > Internet Options. mPut a check by "Delete Offline Content" and click OK. Click on the Programs tab then click the "Reset Web Settings" button. Click Apply then OK._____________________ Empty the Recycle Bin._____________________ Reboot to normal mode and post a new HJT logDavid

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37391/removing-web-nexus-malware/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi!

I just bought a Nexus 500W (NX-5000) PowerSupply to my new computer and now when i try to start the computer the powersupply just "beeps" or something....anyway it's a very anoying sound and after it has been running for 10sec it just shuts down...

Is there something I can do or is it just a Warrenty thing?

A:Problems with Nexus PowerSupply

You are hearing Beep codes. Look at my signature for the beep code link and go there. Find what kind of BIOS your motherboard is using by either Googling your motherboard or looking at the BIOS chip on the motherboard. The motherboards name should also be written on the motherboard (Usually bigger white font) if you don't know what its called. Anyway when you find what BIOS it uses, Award, Phenox, ect. Go to the link and scroll to the right BIOS version then find the "Beep code" most similar to your own experience.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-nexus-powersupply.112683/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, I recently got the new nexus 7 and its browser by default is google chrome. everything was going fine for 2 days, then without me even doing anything, it went haywire on me. Now no matter what I do the browser narrates everything on the screen. Not only is this feature not even on google chrome to turn off, but in my language and input settings, narration is set to "off". Not only is the voice annoying but it also messes everything else up by forcing you to select a link or something, then double click whatever you selected. this causes the device to zoom in on the web page rather than do anything useful and its a right pain in the ****. I will attempt reinstalling my keyboard and see if that yields any resuts, but I have already reinstalled chrome twice to no avail. Thank you in advance

A:Nexus 7 chrome only narration bug

Try performing a system update to check if the android OS installed is the latest

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/nexus-7-chrome-only-narration-bug-680896.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a few uninvited guests having a party on Nexus/surf Sidekick 3 Web my computer and staining my carpet with pop-ups I have followed some of your self-help web sites and I think I have removed Surf Sidekick well Web Nexus/surf Sidekick 3 the obvious parts of it anyway Unfortunatly Web Nexus is proving to be much more difficult to remove and despite the reassurances of their company that their uninstaller from their Web Nexus/surf Sidekick 3 web site is quot clean quot I don't trust them for even a second I am posting this from a non-infected computer I don't want to risk connecting my infected computer to the internet and having my unwanted guests inviting more over Anyway here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeE Program Files BlackICE blackd exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEE PROGRA SYMANT DefWatch exeE PROGRA SYMANT Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System sstray exeE PROGRA SYMANT vptray exeE Program Files NetLimiter NetLimiter exeE Program Files D-Tools daemon exeE Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeE Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeE Program Files AdsGone adsgone exeE Program Files BlackICE blackice exeC WINDOWS System taskmgr exeC HijackThis exeF - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS System uwsqj exeF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe frautxn exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - E PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - E Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO BHOmodObj Class - F CA- E - C-BC - C C - c windows system bhomod dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run nForce Tray Options sstray exe rO - HKLM Run vptray E PROGRA SYMANT vptray exeO - HKLM Run NetLimiter E Program Files NetLimiter NetLimiter exe sO - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot E Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched E Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot O - HKCU Run WallPaper E PROGRA WALLPA WALLPA EXE hO - Global Startup Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnk O - Global Startup AdsGone lnk E Program Files AdsGone adsgone exeO - Global Startup BlackICE PC Protection lnk E Program Files BlackICE blackice exeO - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to existing PDF - res E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppendSelLinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selection to existing PDF - res E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert to Adobe PDF - res E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture htmlO - Extra co... Read more

A:Web Nexus/surf Sidekick 3

Hi,

The forums are really busy, that explains why logs get behind. We start with the oldest logs first. If you still need some help, please start with posting a new hijackthislog in this thread. Don't start with a new thread.
Then I'll take a look.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/47426/web-nexussurf-sidekick-3/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I keep getting pop-ups different sites for web-nexus in both ie and firefox Here's what I've done so far - Followed the site instructions for posting a Hijackthis file- Also ran ewido ad-aware se and spybot in safe mode- Also fixed the winsync entry from Hijackthis but it keeps coming backNothing removed stopped web nexus pop-ups Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeD PROGRAM FILES AVPERSONAL AVGUARD EXED Program Files AVPersonal AVWUPSRV EXEC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT Pop-up Problems Nexus And Winsync Web system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT system ZONELABS vsmon exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system mspmspsv exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT Explorer EXED Program Files AVPersonal AVGNT EXED Program Files AVPersonal Web Nexus Pop-up And Winsync Problems AVSched EXEC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeD Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC Program Files LogMeIn LogMeInSystray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC WINNT TPPALDR EXEC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeD Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeD Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeD Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exeC WINNT system HPZipm exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC PROGRA WINZIP winzip exeD Temp HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run AVGCtrl D Program Files AVPersonal AVGNT EXE minO - HKLM Run AVSCHED D Program Files AVPersonal AVSched EXE minO - HKLM Run dlqxil c winnt system akaviv exe rO - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot D Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair D Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exeO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray D Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeO - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Progra REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE autorunO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run TPP Auto Loader C WINNT TPPALDR EXEO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeO - HKLM Run winsync C WINNT system kwokpy exe reg runO - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk D Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeO - Global Startup HP Image Zone Fast Start lnk D Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqthb exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk D Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office ... Read more

A:Web Nexus Pop-up And Winsync Problems

Hi and to BleepingComputer!My name is David Please Download the following tools to assist us in removing this infection!Download WinPFindRight Click the Zip Folder and Select "Extract All"Extract it somewhere you will remember like the DesktopDont do anything with it yet!Download Track qooSave it somewhere you will remember like the DesktopReboot into Safe ModeRestart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode. Doubleclick WinPFind.exeClick "Start Scan"It will scan the entire System, so please be patient!Once the Scan is CompleteGo to the WinPFind folderLocate WinPFind.txtPlace those results in the next post!Reboot back to Normal Mode! Double Click on "Track qoo.vbs"Note - If you Antivirus has Script Blocking, you will get a Pop Up Windows asking you what to do. Allow this Entire Script to Run, its harmless!Wait a few seconds and a notepad page will pop up, Copy & Paste those results and place them in the next post along with the results of WinPFind!David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36938/web-nexus-pop-up-and-winsync-problems/
Relevancy 43.86%

Nexus 7 (Android Jellybean, I think) won't start; well, sort of. Once charged, I get the word 'Google' on the screen; then four circulating spots (red, orange/yellow, green, blue); but they just keep circling until the battery is flat. Recharge, and it goes through it all again. etc. etc. How can I break into it?

Relevancy 43.86%

I have crazy malware popup spyware problems seeking help HJT log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe http://stech.web-nexus.net C WINDOWS system spoolsv http://stech.web-nexus.net exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc http://stech.web-nexus.net exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C WINDOWS system sstray exe C Program Files D-Link AirPlus XtremeG AirPlusCFG exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS System wcpsvcc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www meloco com index php i sm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www g techtv com home aspx R - URLSearchHook no name - E F - FFB- -A -EA BC - no file F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system mxsng exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe wtaqqrt exe O - BHO no name - SOFTWARE - no file O - BHO no name - -B C - A - F -F C D FAD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO web compressor - FB ADD-DA - a - FC -B E CDE - C WINDOWS system nsf BE dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run nForce Tray Options sstray exe r O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime O - HKLM Run D-Link AirPlus XtremeG C Program Files D-Link AirPlus XtremeG AirPlusCFG exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run fovjww C WINDOWS System xzowgwlt exe O - HKLM RunServices stratas lockx exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run WINT C WINDOWS System wcpsvcc exe O - HKCU Run stratas lockx exe O - Global Startup ATI CATALYST System Tray lnk C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe O - Extra context menu item amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider xfire lsp dll missing O - DPF CC - EF- DFA- C - FFA DF E Musicnotes Viewer - http www musicnotes com download mnviewer cab O - DPF DF -E - D -A C - C F DD Stamps com Secure Postal Account Registration - https secure stamps com download us registration sdcregie cab O - DPF A CEB - F - C- C- C A CD - http akamai downloadv com binaries LiveService LiveService EN XP cab O - DPF B CD - E - D - - A C - http us chat yimg com us yimg com i chat applet v yacscom cab O - DPF B F-D BF- -B -FDC F F E B FilePlanet Download Control Class - http www fileplanet com fpdlmgr cabs FPDC cab O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net pple com borris us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF B C - D - A - - FABF A mm ocx mm ocxf - http cabs media-motor net cabs download cab O -... Read more

Relevancy 43.43%

To day i was suddenly flooded with pop ups and I everytime i did something in Internet Explorer I kept getting more I ran Ad-Aware and Spybot and most of It stopped but when i Open Ineternet Explorer I get a security warning saying quot current page stech web-nexus net wants to open www winantivirus com quot even though i am not on a page with that URL Also I noticed three new processes in my task manager kkbqq exe mivnx exe and tbjmrm exe none seem to be documented and the first has three copies running Any attempt to end these processes fails as they simply start again I tried searching my computer for the files but they don t seem to be there A program called TagASaurus showed up on my desktop at the same time and i was able to remove it with a program called Super Ad Blocker which also prevents the pop ups when I start internet Explorer However it doesn t seem to be a permanent fix and is only running on a day trial and I want to be pop up free for longer than that Here is my Hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM stech.web-nexus.net: pop-ups Security warning on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer stech.web-nexus.net: Security warning pop-ups v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files SuperAdBlocker com Super Ad Blocker SABSVC EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli stech.web-nexus.net: Security warning pop-ups exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gatewaybiz com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gatewaybiz com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http aimtoday aol com today aimto ment - amp UTC amp LT amp nlogin R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - no file F - system ini Shell F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system kkbqq exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe vghucrw exe O - BHO SuperAdBlockerBHO Class - - C - D - - AE - C Program Files SuperAdBlocker com Super Ad Blocker SABBHO dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Super Ad Blocker Toolbar - B B E- F - E - -BDE EC - C Program Files SuperAdBlocker com Super Ad Blocker sabtb dll O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup ATI CATALYST System Tray lnk C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe O - Global Startup UCLA Cisco VPN Client lnk C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client vpngui exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O... Read more

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I'm trying to write an Android application but my PC Windows Professional bit will not recognise my Nexus Android phone for testing and debugging At the console the list of devices is empty when I issue the command quot adb devices quot in the ADT folder sdk platform-tools Nexus not issue 4 driver - recognised however on my Linux laptop my phone shows driver issue - Nexus 4 not recognised up in the list confirming that the cable is okay and the phone is in developer debug mode I've tried following the instructions here here here and here in short the things tried are checked the LG site for drivers there are none download latest Google USB drivers ensured the phone is in developer mode and USB debugging is enabled installed the latest drivers via Device Manager via 'Have Disk' and 'install anyway' or on another attempt by adding the device ID strings to the inf file I've tried putting the phone in MTP and PTP mode tried getting the latest drivers via the Android SDK manager and even tried disconnecting the phone removing all nonpresent devices deleting INFCACHE from System DriverStore then rebooting Twice But the phone still doesn't appear in the list of adb devices I'm utterly stumped Please help Thanks Martin

A:driver issue - Nexus 4 not recognised

Perhaps the talk of android development and ADB is over-complicating the issue. The fact is, the phone does not even appear as a media device that I can read/write files to. I think if this part could be made to work then I could carry it the rest of the way to get the Android developer stuff working.

Furthermore, I've also noticed today that Windows cannot find a driver for my Microsoft LifeCam VX-800 (and there is no option to download a driver from the website because, allegedly, Windows will find it automatically).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351320-driver-issue-nexus-4-not-recognised.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Both the laptop and the tablet are only used on the same Frontier router -- by wire for the laptop and WiFi for the tablet.  The Windows firewall on the laptop is always on.  The laptop and the tablet have never been connected by USB.

A:Can my laptop be infected through my Nexus 7 tablet

Short answer to that is YES. If I explain 'HOW' it's infringed forum rules I think?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494151/can-my-laptop-be-infected-through-my-nexus-7-tablet/
Relevancy 43.43%

i have a Acer Aspire One. running windows 7. other then an extra gb of RAM nothing has been done to it.
i have the game Nexus the Jupiter incident. the game isntalls fine and is from GOG.com but when i launch the game it says DX8 has stopped working, and it does this every time. now i looked around the nets and all i can find is dx9 fixes..can anyone help? i've unistalled and reinstalled the game twice

A:Nexus the Jupiter incident DX8 crash?

release date is 2004... you may need to run it in Windows XP compatability mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nexus-the-jupiter-incident-dx8-crash.1091435/
Relevancy 43.43%

I And For Check To Issues Remove Other Web Nexus Trying have created a logfile below and would like to thank Trying To Remove Web Nexus And Check For Other Issues you in advance for your help I have pop-ups from Web nexus on my computer and alot of web re-directing in IE although I mostly use Firefox Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp mcinfo exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files NETGEAR MA Configuration Utility wlancfg EXEC Program Files Trillian trillian exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC HJT HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by ComcastR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO ContextualAds Class - AAC C -AFC - DB- EF- AF D - C Program Files TrustIn Contextual trustincontext dll file missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO SpoofBHO Class - F AAE - C - DC- -D F D - C WINDOWS se spoof dllO - BHO SpoofBHO Class - F EEB -AB - DB-A F - D - C WINDOWS se spoof dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run xivnmtz C WINDOWS system wfuwrq exe rO - HKLM Run Windows Service Manager SERVICEM EXEO - HKLM Run tgcmd quot C Program Files support com bin tgcmd exe quot serverO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run msci C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp mcinfo exe insfinO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeO - Startup Yahoo Widget Engine lnk C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgetEngine exeO - Global Startup MA Configuration Utility lnk C Program Files NETGEAR MA Configuration Utility wlancfg exeO - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTMLO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button ComcastHSI - B B- D E- FB-A D -FD CA F - http www comcast net file missing O - Extra button Support - D-D - -AA - DBFA D E A - http www comcastsupport com file missing O -... Read more

A:Trying To Remove Web Nexus And Check For Other Issues

Hi,I notice that you do not seem to be running Antivirus software. This is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world.That's why I want you to install one first!!Avira, AVG OR Avast are good FREE antivirus.Never install more than one antivirusscanner! Several together can give problems and decrease the reliability of it seriously!Reboot your computer afterwards.After reboot, perform a full scan with your Antivirus and let it remove anything it is finding. Then reboot once again in order to delete files that were in use previously.Post a new HijackThislog in your next reply - then we'll start from there, because it really makes no sense otherwise that we clean this up manually if an Antivirusscan is not present which should be able to deal with most and prevent further reinfection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108909/trying-to-remove-web-nexus-and-check-for-other-issues/
Relevancy 43.43%

HiMost of the time when I start my Web Other Viruses And Possibly With Infected Nexus computer it freezes at the screen where my start programs boot up When I click on Internet Explorer my hompage changes to another website Also it sometimes changes to a google search result page showing a list of adult entertainment Infected With Web Nexus And Possibly Other Viruses websites I have been successful and downloading and using Zone Alarm Pro trial verision Bit scanner spybot and Mcafee stinger My last scan with Zone Alarm notified me with Web NexusThis program is browser plug-in that runs when your web browser is in use It installs a search toolbar onto your Internet Explorer It may change your browser settings home page reroute your searches to a specific sponsored site hide your original toolbars add items to your favorites list and block access to specific sites It may periodically open up pop-up advertisements while Internet Explorer is running It may also monitor internet usage and web sites you browse I have been unsuccessful with housecall error trying to send info between my computer and I'm guessing their website panda anti-virus do not get a prompt to install active x controls and do not know how to do it myself and Ad-Aware-SE freezes up while scanning something like Hkey Machine Softeware or something similar to it Zone Alarm said it could delete Web Nexus with a purchase of its Pro version but I thought I would see what could be done before I made any purchases I believe the next step from the quot prep guide quot to posting a log was to post a log Hence Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier G - gnotify exeC Program Files winupdates winupdates exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exeC Program Files -Click Answers answers exeC PROGRA COMMON GURUNE agtserv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system wwSecure exeC WINDOWS system devldr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopOE exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC DOCUME admin LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for HijackThis zip HijackThis exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www csusm edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p er ar msnhomeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Se... Read more

A:Infected With Web Nexus And Possibly Other Viruses

You need to move HiJackThis from the temp directory to function correctlyGet HiJack This V1.99.1 http://thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe - double click the DL file and click UNZIP letting it extract to its default folder C:\Program FIles\HiJackThis, run it from there==================You may want to print out these instructions for reference, since you will have to restart your computer during the fix.Please download FixWareout http://downloads.subratam.org/Fixwareout.exeSave it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, then make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish. The fix will begin; follow the prompts. You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.When your system reboots, follow the prompts. Afterwards, Hijack This will launch. Fix these with HJT ? mark them, close IE, click fix checkedO17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{15493C32-6572-468F-A2B6-7855950E3C2D}: NameServer = 85.255.114.24,85.255.112.122O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{922F9268-0D78-45F5-890A-D1F66C4E278E}: NameServer = 85.255.114.24,85.255.112.122O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D7649200-4FBA-4777-9769-7B42B996CEE8}: NameServer = 85.255.114.24,85.255.112.122O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{15493C32-6572-468F-A2B6-7855950E3C2D}: NameServer = 85.255.114.24,85.255.112.122At the end of the fix, you may need to restart your computer again.Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ (W2K/XP Only)? Install ewido.? During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".? Launch ewido? It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen? On the left side of the main screen click update? Click on Start and let it update.? DO NOT run a scan yet. You will do that later in safe mode.Restart your computer into safe mode now. Perform the following steps in safe mode:(Start tapping F8 at the first black screen after power up)Run Ewido:? Click on scanner? Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.? During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK? When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.? Save the report to your C: DriveThis will take some time to run!Boot to normal modePost that log and a new HiJack log Finally, please post the contents of the logfile C:\fixwareout\report.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37724/infected-with-web-nexus-and-possibly-other-viruses/
Relevancy 43.43%

I could use some guidance please After setting up Outlook Email I noticed many issues on my PC The multiple anti-spyware programs deleted many issues including the programs recommended by Bleepingcomputer com's tutorial After booting my PC everything will appear fine and then my mouse refuses Won't Infected Mouse Web-nexus, With Respond to respond and appear Infected With Web-nexus, Mouse Won't Respond drunken and lazy and then I will need to Infected With Web-nexus, Mouse Won't Respond click and double-click and triple click before any of my left-clicks will be recognized Every Anti-spyware scan I do nets that Web-Nexus remains on my PC prompts me to delete and confirms delete by every rescan I do still shows this malware Every power down I receive an error message relaying that lqkts exe can not run which is one system file I could not find to delete in addition to other invisible wayward system files named vlrwdqc exe and userinit exe found and supposedly quot deleted quot with Adaware relating to cmdService Below is my HiJackThis log in addition to my Bitdefender log WPFindlog and Track qoo log for thoroughness in hopes this will help someone with my quest to kill this bugger HiJackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC WINDOWS vprxcldA exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeF - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS System lqkts exeF - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe vlrwdqc exeN - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot www google com quot C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Mozilla Profiles default hbuw lra slt prefs js O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run LVCOMS C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXEO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYERO - HKLM Run vprxcldA C WINDOWS vprxcldA exeO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exeO - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel presentO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - E... Read more

A:Infected With Web-nexus, Mouse Won't Respond

I switched out my mouse from wireless to hardwired and all was well...didn't have to click 3+ times to get somewhere and the arrow behaved...I will be uninstalling my wireless mouse and keyboard driver...it appears whatever issue I had attacked my drivers...my printer is not recognized either...what a surprise! Gee....I know I am still infected with something, though because I still enjoy pop-ups when on the internet...
Lynn

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64799/infected-with-web-nexus-mouse-wont-respond/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone, I just get my Nexus S and I Love it!, but when I tried to sync(via usb) it with Double twist it didn't sync my videos and my video podcast, does anyone knows something or is having the same problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nexus-s-and-double-twist-issue.974280/
Relevancy 43.43%

OK need help i have a dell e310 demension WXP nothing special i did add memory 1GB
I installed nexus I got the game from the UK I go to play and a error - nexus_DX8 ERROR
assertion Failed
FILE:dspace cpp
Line 542
expression:False
I'm also having problems with a game called EARTH 2160
And i have figured i need a better card And i did put in a Radeon x1300 pci But my monitor
would'nt reconize the hook up I mean the graphics worked but the monitor would'nt go in sleep mode after shut down or logging off so i gave the card back and thats my third Question, Is there a better card that i can try that isn't to much ? 100 or less ?
I'm really not ready to get anouther pc just yet.
There are no set backs in life its always on time

A:Solved: Nexus The Jupiter Incident

The first one (nexus) seems to be a graphic card problem. Make sure your card is supported by the game and update the drivers and DirectX if you haven't done so (it should be 9.0c

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nexus-the-jupiter-incident.522653/
Relevancy 43%

hi

Problem as above - when i plug my samsung note 2 phone in it shows in file explorer with no problems

The computer knows my nexus tablet has been plugged in because it gives me the option to eject it, but it does not show in explorer so I can not drag and drop files on to it

Help!

Win 8.1
acer aspire v -amd a8 8gb ram

A:nexus 7 tab not showing in file explorer when plugged in!

Most likely you need to install a driver.

I personally haven't plugged any of my tablets/phones into my computer via USB in quite awhile, I just use DropBox or some other app to transfer files. Much easier, IMO.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51990-nexus-7-tab-not-showing-file-explorer-when-plugged.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello,
Both myself and my partner have got a virus on our nexus tablets (his is a nexus 10 and mine a 2013 7version) which I think we picked up through connecting to dodgy WiFi while abroad.
The virus redirects us from any searches and sites other than Google to either adexchange.com or appsy.club we tried running avg and malwarebytes and all the searches came up clear. We have also used c cleaner to delete caches and data from the tablets and the chrome app.
Following advice online I restarted the tablet in safe mode and the same problem occurs.
All the advice I can find online about this is written for computers not tablets which have no control panel, no explorer and a different set up on chrome and so I am finding it hard to find a solution. If anyone can help in anyway I would be very grateful!!

A:Nexus android Google redirect virus please help!

Tablets can be hard to disinfect because the tools we use to remove malware are mostly Windows based, whereas tablets are mostly Android based.

I recommend you back up your essential data to a PC and use the "factory reset" function on your tablets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576915/nexus-android-google-redirect-virus-please-help/
Relevancy 43%

I'm trying to use my Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone as an internet modem for my laptop, but I've been encountering problems downloading the USB driver for it.
=
When I try installing the PdaNet program, I encounter this:

When I click "Yes" reinstall the driver, I get this very weird error:
WTF?

After I click "OK", I get this:

I follow the instructions and then I see this:

When I go to the Device Manager, I DO see an error:

I had an HTC Dream phone before my Nexus and I'm guessing the existing Android driver was installed on my computer cause of it - How do I find the existing older driver(s) and delete it so I can install the latest Samsung driver?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-installing-usb-driver-for-samsung-nexus.1037664/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I have recently installed Windows 8.1 and today I tried to connect my phone (Nexus 4) via Bluetooth. The phone did get connected without any issues but didn't give any option for playing music as it did in Windows 7. A Bluetooth audio control would pop up in Windows 7 but that didn't happen. My phone plays music via Bluetooth and is working fine, I use it everyday in my car.

Please suggest what needs to be done in order to get this rectified. Do I need a separate software?

Thanks,
Chinu

A:Cannot play music via Bluetooth from paired Nexus 4

Does no one has a solutions for this?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/47020-cannot-play-music-via-bluetooth-paired-nexus-4-a.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi everyone It s me again OK this is an interesting situation Recently a new website has been lunched NormalBoots com which features videos For some reason none of this site s 7 won't Tablet Nexus on play videos Site's videos will play on my brother s tablet He has a Goggle Nexus with Google Chrome and Dolphin Browser At first I thought that the problem was with his browser but I have Dolphin installed Site's videos won't play on Nexus 7 Tablet on my tablet as well I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab and the videos on Normal Boots play just fine What s especially curious is Site's videos won't play on Nexus 7 Tablet that my brother can play videos on every other site with his tablet except for Normal Boots What s wrong Does he need to install another video player Is some sort of codec required to watch videos on this site Incidentally he recently checked for the video player in his tablet s settings and it says that no default player has been set He wants to set a default player but he doesn t know how to and neither do I He hasn t received the prompt asking him to select a default video player Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sites-videos-wont-play-on-nexus-7-tablet.1119692/
Relevancy 43%

HP Support:  I have a HP Pavilion 17 inch laptop using Windows 10 Pro.   I connected a Nexus 9 to the unit, but the folders and files do not show.  The HP unit does recognize the Nexus 9 - but no folders or file will show on the file explorer. Please contact Microsoft to ascertain how this issue can be resolved. Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/WIN-10-PRO-NEXUS-9-CONNECTED-AND-NO-FILES-OR-FOLDERS-SHOWING/td-p/5814281
Relevancy 43%

Are there screen cleaners for this phone? I have an old Monster Screen cleaner but its for TVs and computer monitors. Would it work for touch screen also? Also how long do these screen cleaners last? I've had it for awhile and haven't used it much. Would it still be effective after like maybe a year or longer?

A:Screen cleaner for Google Nexus S Andriod...

So I guess it doesn't really need a special cleaner then?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-cleaner-for-google-nexus-s-andriod.1000861/
Relevancy 43%

Background I Crashes Mod Illegal Nexus Manager Instruction wasn't sure if this was the NMM's fault or Windows or as I have read elsewhere a virus I don't believe Illegal Instruction Crashes Nexus Mod Manager it to be a virus because I ran a full scan of every file on my PC using Kaspersky I am running Windows on a Dell Inspiron Laptop I recently merged my two partitions I had a long time ago and the second Illegal Instruction Crashes Nexus Mod Manager had been for Windows though that failed when I tried to use the Win x install disk that my company gave me I should say this is a personal PC so no support from them Win failed to install because I was trying to install on a Illegal Instruction Crashes Nexus Mod Manager GPT partition though that shouldn't be a problem it still wouldn't let me Then it left me with a nice Windows Setup boot option that was broken and I eventually deleted that option and everything was back to normal I then ran a full disk defrag and optimization and also defrag and fixed my registry Since all that an I don't know which part I have been having this problem only with NMM though no other programs have given the error to me yet Any help would greatly be appreciated On to the error So I installed NMM and selected my games as I have done before and everything was fine and dandy I then proceed to launch it saying I wanted to mod Skyrim After it shows it loading I get a nice little error message every time and it doesn't load This is a screenshot of the error message Little more background Since I did some research on this problem I did refresh my Windows Updates verify that all my drivers are good and all my updates are successfully installed and I downloaded a registry cleaner and fixer from Microsoft directly used it and still no change So basically it shows as if nothing is wrong but there obviously is something wrong

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/illegal-instruction-crashes-nexus-mod-manager-895754.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Can anyone comment on web password program's i.e: "bugmenot"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-password-programs.851154/
Relevancy 42.57%

I get tired of trying to remember passwords for all of the sites I frequent. I have seen the programs that remembers your password and just allows the user to put in one master password. I just wondered if any of you have used them and if they were worthwhile, safe or what you might think about them. Thanks,

A:Password Programs

I have used keepass for many years. I have just under 400 account entries tracked within keepass. I stayed with version 1... so I cannot comment on version 2's interface. I also don't use any browser plug-ins or add-ons to talk between keepass and the browser. Maybe I should, but I just haven't.

I like having only one database file to back up :-)

Keepass also allows for notes on each account. If I contact a human about an account, I take notes on who I talked to and what they promised. I also write down any confirmation numbers that I get.

Keepass also generates passwords for you, but be warned: some websites have password length limits that they don't mention - then when you attempt to use a long password, the log in fails.

I'm not saying that Keepass is the best - I would not know. It was the first password management software that I tried and I've never had a reason to try anything else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/321399-password-programs.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Unable to uninstall Nexus Radio software application....

I have been unable to uninstall Nexus Radio via Add/Remove in the control panel or with Revo Uninstaller.

All of files remain in the Nexus Radio folder found in Program Files.

I would be most grateful for any assistance you might provide me.

Cordially
geoheid
Computer specs

Microsoft Windows XP Pro
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer:

Intel® Core ™2 CPU
6600 @ 2.40 GB of RAM
2.41 GHz. 2.00GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

A:Unable to uninstall Nexus Radio software application...

It's not as clean but you can delete the files manually and then run a registry cleaner or CCleaner to try and clean up unused registry keys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-uninstall-nexus-radio-software-application.898420/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm trying to use my Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone as an internet modem for my laptop, but I've been encountering problems downloading the USB driver for it.
When I try installing the PdaNet program, I encounter this:

When I click "Yes" reinstall the driver, I get this very weird error:
WTF?

After I click "OK", I get this:

I follow the instructions and then I see this:

When I go to the Device Manager, I DO see an error:

I'm guessing the problem is an existing Android driver installed on my computer cause I had an HTC Dream before the Nexus - How do I find the existing older driver(s) and delete it so I can install the latest Samsung driver?
It doesn't show up in the Control Panel. ALSO, I've tried doing this:
How To Easily Remove Old Drivers from Windows
And I still didn't see any older USB drivers.

A:Trouble Installing USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Nexus

If you are looking to remove old drivers, DriverSweeper from the Guru3D site might help.

You might also want to look through here:
PdaNet for Android FAQ

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/210063-trouble-installing-usb-driver-samsung-galaxy-nexus.html
Relevancy 42.14%

As stated in the title my game isn t finding the disc I ve tried installing and running it from both of my disc drives and have patched it to version I had disc detection issues with civ in the past and got a disc drive that works for it and have used it trying to fix this but that didn t work I had a vitual drive active when i first installed it have disable the drive and closed the program and reinstalled the game twice since I bought this game a few years ago and honestly didn t finish it then and am wanting to play through it now Though at Nexus The Jupiter Solved: Cannot the Error locate CD-Rom Incident the time i got it running i don t think it was on this computer but on my laptop i used then Attached dxdiag to the post hopefully it ll do some good Have posted all i could think of to help I m currently installing and running it w o patching to see if there are any changes hopefully someone will know what s wrong now that i think of it that sticky thread mentioned updating safedisc to fix and Google didn t know how to That thread didn t seem to know of vista from what i read This is my first post and hoping it s not to much of a mess Thanks in advance Update I have loaded the game up properly non patched Solved: Nexus The Jupiter Incident Cannot locate the CD-Rom Error I would prefer to play it patched as it seemed to have a lot of crash fixes and the like Any idea s how the patch could break the CD-Rom detection Update I just read that the patch is for the UK version and not ment for the north American release i assume this is the reason for the break but would like confirmation on this if possible Also looking to see if there is a patch ment for my region that Solved: Nexus The Jupiter Incident Cannot locate the CD-Rom Error won t break the game Solved: Nexus The Jupiter Incident Cannot locate the CD-Rom Error Update The UK patch came out December and the US version was released February so was it patched and ready from release if anyone knows about it I may press the solve w o a single reply Update Read at another site that the north American version does come with the patch so it s likely my having installed this UK patch that s already there caused the issue So since it s fully patched and ready from the get go no more need for this thread gonna count this as solved hopefully this will keep someone from having to go through all the checking and annoying errors and reinstalling that i have nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nexus-the-jupiter-incident-cannot-locate-the-cd-rom-error.896939/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a new Google Nexus 7 2013 with microsimfor Internet connectivity. I set up a WiFi hotspot on this device to allow my laptops to use it as a router to the internet. All was working fine until I upgraded Android to 4.4.2. Now my laptops. Which are running Windows 8.1, cannot connect to the Nexus.

I have tried reconfiguring the WiFi hotspot (name/password) on both the Nexus and the laptops. This has at least confirmed that handshaking is occurring as incorrect passwords are identified as such. Also, the Mobile Data flag for the provider SIM is turned on, and the Set Mobile Data Limit flag is turned off.

Friends have tried to connect their devices, both Windows and Android based, with no luck. The Internet comma on the Nexus are fine - I'm posting from it.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Google Nexus 7 Hotspot Connectovity Problem

With Android KitKat version the hotspot function is disabled unless you pay your carrier for the functionality. Do you have a hotspot plan with your carrier?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-google-nexus-7-hotspot-connectovity-problem.1116767/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi, is there a way to create a password for the program to execute? in other words, when executing a program, it asks for a password in order for the software to execute.

thank you

A:password protected programs?

You can give this program a go

LockThis! Password Protect Any Running Application

It locks software from running and asks for a password. It is freeware as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/154027-password-protected-programs.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I just want to know what software is available that lets you password protect any program you want. Something that is not
a password manager.

A:Password Protected Programs

What are you trying to do ie stop others running a program?

You can change permissions so only you can execute it.

Of course, other users would have to logon with their own account.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/42216-password-protected-programs.html
Relevancy 42.14%

In pretty much every Linux Distro you cant install anything without the administrator password. Is there any way to set up my windows 7 like that?

A:Password to install programs.

Quote: Originally Posted by SevenNerd

In pretty much every Linux Distro you cant install anything without the administrator password. Is there any way to set up my windows 7 like that?

Yes, you can do that;

Sudo for Windows 7/Vista ? Glorious Computing

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/155539-password-install-programs.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Has anyone had any experience with any password mangement programs. I used to use the one in Norton's and really liked it but I am cleaning house and Norton's got the boot. So I am looking for something else to use in it's place.

A:Password managment programs

Hi,
I've read good reports about this free prog : Keypass

http://keepass.info/

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-managment-programs.620434/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Just 5K Prime Data Nexus Cisco Manager & Center Network wondering if anyone has experience of connecting Cisco Nexus UPs or any device in the N K range to Cisco Prime Data Center Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager & Nexus 5K Network Manager DCNM We are migrating from end of row MDS s to top of rack N K s and the legacy Fabric Manager we were using to manage the zone sets on the MDS s doesn t work with the N K s so we need to move to DCNM I ve been able to get the MDS s connected as a DCNM data source but can t get a N K to connect Some detail of the N K addition process Go to Admin gt Data Sources Fabric Seed Switch IP of Mgmt on N K SNMP v SSH Auth-Privacy tried all options User name tried Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager & Nexus 5K local and RADIUS user accounts Password as appropriate Limit discovery by VSAN unticked Enable NPV discovery ticked default When trying the various local and AAA accounts I can see the requests hitting the ACS server and being authorised I ve tried removing the AAA config on the N K s which made no difference when trying local accounts The errors we get vary depending on which Auth-Privacy setting is used - sometimes it s a timeout message quot Discovery is taking longer than minutes Please return later to check status in table quot sometimes quot Cannot authenticate snmp user null lt ipAddress gt Unknown User or Password quot lt - This one is interesting why does it say quot user null quot Does anyone have experience of this If so would you mind sharing any insights or maybe config on the N K which is where I suspect the issue is Cheers A nbsp

A:Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager & Nexus 5K

It's been a while since I've played with the Nexus and MDS switches. The issue I had was when the N5010 first came out. I wasn't able to get the zoning I set up on the MDS 9216i to replicate across to the N5010. I ended up having to do everything manually.

I recently purchased a N5010 for my home lab. I haven't had time to fully spin it up with DCNM yet. But I wouldn't be able to help you much as I'll be either breaking out the FC traffic on Brocade switches or coming off of the N5010 with native FC as I have the FC module installed in the switch.

Sorry I couldn't be much help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-prime-data-center-network-manager-nexus-5k.1149306/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

on installing software just now I received this error message: "A problem occured while trying to create C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" which is of course nonsense as the directory very much exists and is looked in every time Windows boots for items to run.

This has happened once before on trying to install Stardock Fences; that time the support person for Stardock gave up on it and I didn't follow through as I figured I could do without Fences.

This time, though, it's a critical piece of software (Nexus BankID) and I can't ignore the problem much as I'd like to.

Any ideas why this happens?

Thank you.

A:Start menu creation error when trying to install Nexus BankID

Try running the program as an administrator. Right click the shortcut and click "Run as administrator". See this: Run as Administrator

Alternatively you could try using the built in windows 7 admin account. Tutorial here: Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

Stephen

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/223683-start-menu-creation-error-when-trying-install-nexus-bankid.html
Relevancy 41.71%

My bother uses this computer also and has his on account i have winows xp. He keeps uninstalling programs of mine such as a game and icq. I would like to password protect these programs from being uninstalled without a password. Is there a free program i can use? How can i do this?
Thanx

A:Password protect programs from being uninstalled

Maybe this freeware program Password Protection System might do the trick for you. I know you are using XP, but my guess is it will work fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-protect-programs-from-being-uninstalled.282803/
Relevancy 41.71%

In windows 7 with one account, how can I get the password screen after complete login and all programs start?

I want to create password for my computer but I usually have downloads on uTorrent (set to start on Windows startup) and when there is windows automatic update, sometime windows restart by itself and uTorrrent starntt downloading again.

I want to create password for my account but if I did, when windows restart(at I sleep or when I am away), the computer will stay on the login screen asking for password and no startup program starts.

I want to get the login screen after all startup program start.

A:password screen after startup programs

I`m sure I`ll be corrected if I`ve got this wrong but you need to enter the password to access the profile and consequently the installed programs otherwise it defeats the object of having the password in the first place.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-screen-after-startup-programs.1058622/
Relevancy 41.71%

Good morning everyone, I have been reviewing (online) some of the different Password Manager Programs, such as, Last Pass, Roboform, Kee Pass, and some others (both free & paid versions).I would like to ask:1. Is it worthwhile to to have such a program?2. Are there any password manager programs which do NOT involve having to store my data online? (I would prefer to keep such sensitive data on my computer and under my direct control. I've seen too many instances of entities, such as, Steam, and others whose databases have been hacked into and people's personal information compromised).3. Does anyone have recommendations regarding a password manager program (free or paid) which is easy to use/understand? [For a paid program...I'd prefer one for which you pay a one-time fee, rather than a recurring yearly fee].Thank you for your time and any recommendations!

A:Password Manager programs; Are they worthwhile?

1. If you have multiple accounts, with multiple passwords; Yes.If you use the same password for everything (which isn't the best of idea's); No.2. KeePass encrypts and stores all information locally on your system. It will also generate passwords for you, using user defined parameters. It's also free.3. KeePass

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441312/password-manager-programs;-are-they-worthwhile/
Relevancy 41.71%

Back in Windows XP there was a trick to make a folder totally inacessible It was a bat file with comands that would change the name of the folder to some special name which would make the folder inacessible and not localizable through quot Find F quot The code of this bat was the following Code without Password programs? folders protected Quote cls ECHO OFF title Folder Private if EXIST quot Control Panel EC - AEA- -A DD- B D Password protected folders without programs? quot goto UNLOCK if NOT EXIST Private goto MDLOCKER CONFIRM echo Are you sure you want to lock the folder Y N set p quot cho gt quot if cho Y goto LOCK if cho y goto LOCK if cho n goto END if cho N goto END echo Invalid choice goto CONFIRM LOCK ren Private quot Control Panel EC - AEA- -A DD- B D quot attrib h s quot Control Panel EC - AEA- -A DD- B D quot echo Folder locked goto End UNLOCK echo Enter password to unlock folder set p quot pass gt quot if NOT pass password here goto FAIL attrib -h -s quot Control Panel EC - AEA- -A DD- B D quot ren quot Control Panel EC - AEA- -A DD- B D quot Private echo Folder Unlocked successfully goto End FAIL echo Invalid password goto end MDLOCKER md Private echo Private created successfully goto End End There's some flaws in that method the person could enable seeing the hidden folders and extensions and just remove the code at the end of the folder to make it accessible Or the person could check the bat file for the password but this could be resolved by compiling the bat file to an exe Anyway it's nice for hidding files from casual computer users Well the fact is that it doesn't work in Vista or Is there any other quot special name quot that could be replaced by that one in order to make it work on Win

A:Password protected folders without programs?

Try this. Go to folder right click...properties...security...permissions. You could give permission only to yourself. This does not work of course if others are using your account. In that case set up separate accounts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/54951-password-protected-folders-without-programs.html
Relevancy 41.28%

i have been getting alot of bad,crank,threatening phone calls lately
and they can not be traced with caller id,etc.
is there software available for when i run the phone line though my computer,
it might be able to detect where the phone call is coming from?

thanks.

A:Asap Help Needed For Crack Phone Calls..is There Software For Phone/computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asap-help-needed-for-crack-phone-calls-is-there-software-for-phone-computer.418185/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi This is my first posting here I need help I built my PC months ago and it has been working fine till today when I treid to boot up When I press power I get small log on Box I never saw before which ask me to put in my passwrod The strange thing is I never put a password on this PC Also a few days prior to this when it started up I started getting cant I for ask me XP my access Help never Programs/files ! Password made the Administrator ICon to click I never has this before either it wud normally Help ! XP ask me for Password I never made cant access my Programs/files just boot and go straight into the Desktop and when I check the Account I saw one is theAdministrator and the other called Micosoft Net Framework I had installed this prior with a program that needed it Now I only get the small log on box As I never had a passwrod I chuck click OK and then it appears to go into the Desktop scene when a another box comes up and says Quote DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION To help protect your Computer WIndows has close this program NAme Userinit Log on Application Close Program What should I do When I click Close program I ghet this other message box Quote USER Logon application has encountered a problem and needs yto close Please tell Microsoft about this problem dont send send when I check the error info on that box this shows up Quote Error Signature Event type BEX P userinit exe P P p Unknown P P P a P C P The deskop screen then appear without any icons or the Takpart and start button When I hit windows key on the keyboard nothing In fact the only thing I can get is when I pressed ctrl alt del Task Manager comes up Whe I try to go into run or any other executable program from Taskbar I get the same message Quote DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION To help protect your Computer WIndows has close this program NAme Uderinit Log on Application Close Program What should I do I tried restarting many times but the above just continues I botted with the Windows XP Pro installation CD and went into Recovery selected when I got the DOS C windows sysem prompt I typed copy useriniyt exe wsaupdate exe and EXIT The I restart and I get the same Log on Box then Data aExecution error CAN someome please help me I have a lot of information Backed up on this PC and need to get it My PC Specs are AMD Athlon Bit Gb RAM Nvidia mb Video Card Samsung DVD-R R drive

A:Help ! XP ask me for Password I never made cant access my Programs/files

It sounds like something nasty has hooked your system. A few other posts have been going around with similar symptoms. (password required when password never assigned)

Can you boot into safe mode or safe mode with networking? If so try and run the 5 steps to try and clean anything off of the computer.

It sounds though like something may be hooking your logon. This article describes how something may be hooking your logon which may explain the error you are getting. Note that the article is for advanced users only and I take no responsibility for if you make things worse by following its instructions. If after looking at the article you discover additional registry keys that should not be in that section post back but don't make any changes to the registry.

As far as recovering your files, see this article on how to make a live Linux rescue CD so you can copy your files to a USB drive.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-xp-ask-me-for-password-i-never-made-cant-access-my-programs-files-194835.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Dear all

I'm using windows Xp and I have a program that is working every time windows starts and If I made a password on windows logon ,then the program won't start unless I login , so I want a software that allows start up programs to work but at the same time make the desktop and the windows protected with a password so no one can do anything

PS : I tried to make the program work as a service but it didn't work ,

A:how to make a login password and keep programs working

Never heard of that happening before.
What is the program?
Does the program need to load at start up?
Can the program have a delay start up?

WinPatrol has a "delayed start" option.
http://www.winpatrol.com
Even works with the free version.
http://www.winpatrol.com/compare.html
http://www.winpatrol.com/features.html

WinPatrol: Delayed Start

The newest feature of WinPatrol will greatly improve your system startup time. There may be some programs which you do want to keep running but you don&#8217;t need to launch immediately on boot up. WinPatrol&#8217;s Delayed Startup allows you to specify the time to wait before launching programs which may typically run instantly when you boot slowing down the initialization of Windows.

To Delay the startup of programs go to the WinPatrol Startup Program list.
Select a program title and "Right-click"
On the menu that pops up select, "Move to Delayed Start Program list".

To return programs to the normal Startup list, use "Right-click" and select "Restore program to Startup List".

"Info..."
WinPatrol provides additional information on Programs, including the company that created the program file as well as the program version. For additional information click on PLUS Info...

"Delay Options"
This button will allow you to set a specific delay time for programs that you want running soon after startup. You can also specify parameters for any programs and a user friendly title to be displayed.

"Add"
This button allows you to Add a new program to the list of programs that will always start when you reboot or logon to your computer. When you click Add you'll see the standard Windows Open dialog which will allow you to navigate to the folder where your program is located.

"Remove"
This button will not delete any programs from your hard drive. It just removes programs from the Delayed Start list so the program will no longer run when your system boots up. If you still want this program in your normal Windows Startup Programs list you should "Right-click" on the selected program and choose "Restore Program to Startup Programs list".

"Close"
To close or Exit the WinPatrol tab interface, click the X in the upper right hand corner or the Close button. WinPatrol will continue monitor changes but the main interface will be removed from memory.

Reoccurring Startup Programs
Many programs think they&#8217;re special and should always be added to the Windows Startup Program list. Examples include Apple&#8217;s QuickTime and Microsoft&#8217;s CTFMon.exe. When you move these programs to the WinPatrol Delayed Startup they may continue to be added to the normal Startup Programs list.The WinPatrol Disabled button was created to automatically remove reoccurring programs from returning to the Startup Program list. After moving one of these programs to the Delayed List, you may still have to Disable them in the Startup Program list. Scotty will keep them from being started immediately at boot time.

Programs and Related Services
Some programs may not work in a delayed manner. We have run into a few programs which run along with a complementary Windows Service. Some Services may complain if they don&#8217;t find their associated Startup Program running. Windows Defender in Vista is one example we&#8217;ve found.
Some Internal Windows Startup Programs may not be delayed. WinPatrol will not allow these programs to be moved to your Delay List. Click to expand...

Read the ending because some programs may not work. Also Bill is good at reply back and you're get help from Bill himself.
If you don't find your answer here, Email [email protected]
Email is handled personally and as quickly as possible. Every effort is made to pick out real Email from spam. If you don't hear back within 48 hours please repeat your request.Click to expand...

... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-a-login-password-and-keep-programs-working.1019035/