Windows Support Forum

Problem with closing apps since update 1 yesterday

Q: Problem with closing apps since update 1 yesterday

Hello I'm new here so if my question has been asked and/or answered I apologize.Since yesterday's 8.1 update 1 apps will no longer close on my non touch laptop by dragging them to the bottom of the screen and flipping them.I have noticed that when I go to the top of the screen to grab my cursor no longer becomes a hand but I can still drag the app to the bottom to flip it but then in immediately goes back to full screen and continues to run.Has this method of closing apps been removed for non touch devices in yesterday's update?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Problem with closing apps since update 1 yesterday

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Problem with closing apps since update 1 yesterday

The drag and flip still works for me. The hand is gone so I just drag the title bar down.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/44170-problem-closing-apps-since-update-1-yesterday.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My 8.1 Update 1 HTPC now sends us to the desktop instead of the Start screen when we close an app. I know of the setting in taskbar properties to always go to the desktop instead of start when an app is closed. This option is unchecked. It looks like any non-touch Update 1 PC just ignores this setting. Anyone else suffering from the same problem? Any thoughts?

A:8.1 Update 1 - Closing Metro Apps Always Sends to Desktop

Crisis averted. You need to go to the taskbar properties and uncheck the box that says "Show Windows Apps on the Taskbar."

Desktop or Start - When Sign in or Close apps in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44202-8-1-update-1-closing-metro-apps-always-sends-desktop.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I let Win7 instal yesterday's 14 important updates (most of them security updates) on "shutdown".

My computer hangs on "Installing Update 5". It hung all night. Hung this morning.

I've powered off the machine (nothing else to do) and restarted in safe mode with network.

How should I proceed?

Best,
Eamon

A:Problem with yesterday's Update!

Don't install all 14 at once!
Take 5 at a time and let them install then go back and take another 5 and so on.
Too many at once usually is overwhelming from what I've seen and read in the past.
Post back and let me know how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/117883-problem-yesterdays-update.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Since the HP update that was done yesterday I am having connectivity issues. I have to try 3 or 4 times to get a page up. I thought it might be interferring with the last windows build so I wound it back but am still having problems. Can anyone help please.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Since-the-HP-update-that-was-done-yesterday-I-am-having/td-p/5790906
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I don't know if this is intended or not but my Metro apps will only completely close if I use alt f from within the app to close it If I pull the app down from the top with my mouse or Metro closing apps f4 only alt with I go to the switcher right click and click close the only thing that happens is that my Metro apps get removed from the app switcher Metro apps only closing with alt f4 and from the alt tab list Using the task manager I can see that they are still there and still using the same memory that they were before I tried to close them With alt f they disappear from the task manager and I get back the Metro apps only closing with alt f4 memory that they were using Additionally when I close them with pulling down or the switcher when I open them again from the start screen it is as if nothing had happened They still open into whatever state they were in and the splash screen with the app icon doesn't appear again like it would if the app had actually closed and been reopened This definitely seems wrong as all three options to close apps worked in Windows but in Windows only alt f works Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Metro apps only closing with alt f4

Hello The Visitor,

It has changed a bit on how to close an app from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. In Windows 8.1, you will now need to wait until the app flips to show it's tile when you drag it down to close it.

Here are some more ways to close apps in Windows 8.1.

Apps - Close in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/34581-metro-apps-only-closing-alt-f4.html
Relevancy 56.33%

It started a few days ago. Whenever i try to open Camera, Store etc. they close automatically. However i can open apps that i have installed from Store and Settings.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54986-apps-closing-automatically.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I use the system apps Mail, Calendar, and Groove Music. Since I first starting using Windows 10 many months ago, these apps keep closing without any indication of why. They close when during active sessions and on awakening they're usually closed. Groove Music will close at times while I'm listening to music. Why is this happening? I kept thinking that system updates would eventually resolve the issue, but they haven't, despite many updates.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/70164-windows-10-apps-keep-closing.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I realize this is an old post Metro apps closing but it is a current issue for Metro apps closing me I'm writing on my Mac OSX which I haven't had issues with for years nothing major like this anyway We bought our kids Toshiba laptops for Christmas for homeschooling and they both have Windows It's only January and I've had several issues with them The latest is the same as described in the last post quot I have an administrator account and another account It is just a home Metro apps closing desktop My admin account has the issue of any Metro app minimizing after - seconds but the other account is able to access them quot My son's account can access the apps and play Minecraft I was able to access the apps on the Admin account until I installed Uniblue Registry Booster and ran it However I did the same to my daughters computer and it is working fine So I don't think Metro apps closing it is RB I have tried System Restore at different restore points and those didn't work Same problem I tried System Refresh That also didn't work Same problem I'm at a loss of what to do except get my back and save up for a MacBook But any help here would be VERY much appreciated BTW I've been through some computer classes but not anywhere near the level most of you are at I'll let you know if your responses are over my head though Thanks Oh I should also mention that when I go into the app menu most of the tile apps have an X in the bottom right corner When I go to the full menu almost all of them have the word quot error quot after the name including Settings I had to get into Settings another way

A:Metro apps closing

Mate, you mentioned Registry Booster! You've located the problem. As far as I can tell, 95% of people on this forum recommend never using any registry 'booster' (apart from ccleaner), and the number one reason is because it makes a system unstable, and the second is like it: it doesn't actually provide any tangible benefit.

I recommend a system Refresh or a system reset, and failing that, a complete reinstallation.

No defragmenter, reg editor, optimizer, etc. should ever be installed. Upgraded Windows OS's also have SAFE upgraded built-in tools to do the same things as the other guys' stuff (like optimize drives). See Optimize Performance for better speeds.

These are my recommendations, hope they are helpful to you! I really think the only fix for you would be in the tutorials I've suggested (System refresh, and how to optimize performance). Good luck in your quest for the solution!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/59845-metro-apps-closing.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hi expert,when im playing audio or video files suddenley those are closing and sounds like"blurr burr" and it shoes that restart is requied and the pc is restarting.also using store,other apps and  games it will suddenly closing those apps without any warning or information.this shoud be horrible.im usuing HP ab219tx model with widows 10 os.please slove my problem or otherwise tell me how to conact customer for on-site warrenty

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/suddenly-closing-apps/td-p/5685285
Relevancy 55.9%

Good morning tenforums,
this happens practically every time a windows 10 update is pushed onto my dell-pc. After I jiggle around with all sorts of things for days, internet is suddenly on again, no idea why. Quite time-consuming affair, and gets on my nerves as well. After the latest update yesterday: same story, no internet. Is there anything I could do to fix the problem this time once and for good? Would be grateful for suggestions!
Kind regards from Schweinfurt
Heidelbeere

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/50012-internet-connection-gone-after-yesterdays-update.html
Relevancy 55.9%

After the small update last night which didn't require a restart, i noticed that many of the graphics related elements of my Lumia 830 started to lag and bit and noticeably stutter especially in the camera interface which is where i first noticed it. In games and as well as in animations also stutter. Have any of you had this issue?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442376-just-me-after-little-update-yesterday-my-phones-graphics-has-taken-hit.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I don't know if anyone else had a problem with the latest update from the wonderful people at Microsoft but I sure did. The system suddenly went into a loop trying to install the latest update then shut down at installing step 3 of 3 at 0%. Well I tried everything and then finally did a reinstall and NOT formatting the drive as to keep the windows.old files. Everything worked great and then the install happened again but this time it took with no problem. It may have been that at the same time cyberlink was having issues with playing a blue ray but I am not sure. I just thought I might mention the solution in case anyone else had the problem. Now everything is nearly back up and no problems so far.

A:Microsoft update yesterday crashed OP sys

my laptop crashed last night just shut down for no reason, woke up to it off, and when it was turned back back it asked if i wanted to repair or to start normal, did not get downstairs in time and it started the repair but it did not work so than it rebooted and it started just fine.

when vista started up it went into configuring updates stage 3 of 3 it finished and all is fine,

darn micro$oft

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/239957-microsoft-update-yesterday-crashed-op-sys.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I don't know how it's possible but it happened Must be WITHOUT Apps??? NO Vista Reboots WAY! Closing some new feature they never advertised but should The other day Vista Ultimate was nagging me to reboot after installing some updates I kept putting it off but finally it wouldn't let me put it off for as long In any event I walked away to get some lunch and when I got back my PC had been rebooted I logged back in NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? and things looked like it was starting up normally But then I see down my taskbar that I have three programs still open I'm like WTF How is this possible They were Outlook an Unsent Saved Draft of an NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? email and another Email which was just open My web browser windows and multiple tabs were all gone though OR WERE THEY I opened IE to begin getting my desktop back in order and get my email tabs all opened up when suddenly I saw that IE had all my tabs in it as soon as it loaded I could not believe this What's REALLY weird and I think is confirmation that something had happened was that I now had tabs in one IE instance whereas before I had two instances of IE cascaded horizontally on my quot widescreen displays each with tabs - one set was for email and one was for forums I frequent But now IE loaded up and I had all of these COMBINED into a single IE instance which btw I'm trying to figure out how to move tabs from one IE instance to another but there doesn't seem to be a way In any event I can not believe it still thus I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has encountered this If you don't believe me even I will try this again go and install some updates not like SP but some basic updates then wait to let it reboot and see what happens Regards Kevin

A:NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps???

Windows Vista 64 ultimate has done this to me as well. It's kinda of a feature than a problem. It opened up the last programs that were running before the shutdown. But I never had windows update reboot without me telling it to. That's a new one.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/136911-no-way-vista-reboots-without-closing-apps.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

I work on my pc until late at night so have several programs open plus firefox with numerous tabs. I go to bed, the pc goes to sleep, but when i come down in the morning all my programs have closed. All I see is my desktop. No error messages (as pps have mentioned). The pc come out of sleep but its like its restarted itself at some point in the night.

Its rather annoying as I will have all the programs set up ready to start work again in the morning and wont have bookmarked all the browser tabs but everything has disappeared.

It doesnt happen every night.

Thanks.

A:All apps closing down overnight when pc is in sleep.

Do you have Hibernation enabled?

you may want to check the following setting in Power Options. Navigate to Power Options in Control Panel and click your power plan (usually Balanced or Power Saver). Click the Advanced power options link and look for this setting:

If the setting for On Battery is similar to mine here, change it to 0 (never). That should correct it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235112-all-apps-closing-down-overnight-when-pc-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just picked up a new windows laptop and so far I really like the 8 closing their on Apps Windows randomly own new os However I have been noticing something really odd and quite annoying Apps seem to be closing on their own randomly I'll have an app open finance music games that I downloaded from the store and it'll be working fine but then all of a sudden the app Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly would just close and take me back to the metro start screen Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly I have been trying to look around but I can't seem to find a solution I contacted Microsoft tech support and they remote controlled into my laptop and did some stuff and said the issue should be fixed However it's still there I'll be reading the financials in the stock app and then boom It'll just close on it's own without any sort of error message and take me to the start screen This is getting quite annoying because everytime it happens I have to essentially go back in and start over Anyone else experiencing this issue and know of a solution

A:Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly

Hello there!

The only app I really have issues with is Music Info, great app, but buggy as a bug. It crashes kind of more often than I'd like.

As for other apps, like the Bing apps, I don't have issues with. Sometimes the News app doesn't launch, but that's sometimes.

Odd, and you're using a new PC with Windows 8 preinstalled?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14863-windows-8-apps-closing-their-own-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Dear Sir,
There is a particular Application in my PC,when i open that application it closes all the ruing application on that time and prevent opening new app while it is in use.it allows to open only task manager nothing else....please help me on the same...its an urgent...because i want to record screen of that particular software while it is ruing by using recording software for my personal use....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-stop-an-app-from-closing-all-runing-apps-on-pc.1169534/
Relevancy 55.9%

I Apps randomly on own Windows their closing 8 just picked up a new windows laptop and so far I really like the Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly new os However I have been noticing something really odd and quite annoying Apps seem to be closing on their own randomly I'll have Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly an app open finance music games that I downloaded from the store and it'll be working fine but then all of a sudden the app would just close and take me back to the metro start screen I have been trying to look around but I can't seem to find a solution I contacted Microsoft tech support and they remote controlled into my laptop and did some stuff and said the issue should be fixed However it's still there I'll be reading the financials in the stock app and then boom It'll just close on it's own without any sort of error message and take me to the start screen This is getting quite annoying because everytime it happens I have to essentially go back in and start over Anyone else experiencing this issue and know of a solution

A:Windows 8 Apps closing on their own randomly

Hello there!

The only app I really have issues with is Music Info, great app, but buggy as a bug. It crashes kind of more often than I'd like.

As for other apps, like the Bing apps, I don't have issues with. Sometimes the News app doesn't launch, but that's sometimes.

Odd, and you're using a new PC with Windows 8 preinstalled?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14863-windows-8-apps-closing-their-own-randomly.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Since getting my Windows update yesterday (4/12), there has been a change in behavior. Whenever I try to click on any windows at the bottom, sometimes they won't open if I have one up. I have to hit the show window button at the bottom right to be able to bring up anymore windows again.

Whenever I use photoshop anything I try to edit jumps or skips. Sometimes the pictures "disappears" until I hit close, and then everything pops up again.

It was as if the update messed with my display drivers, which are all up to date.

Any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/394660-computer-acting-strange-after-update-yesterday.html
Relevancy 55.47%

after an update, can no longer use the fax. The computer can see the modem and it is working properly, but Windows Fax and Scan cannot see it. I tried everything to no avail. I am unable to add an account for the fax.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438618-after-update-yesterday-fax-no-longer-recognized-windows.html
Relevancy 55.47%

After Windows 8 forced an update on me yesterday and shut down my computer, there is now constant 2-3 second delays when I go to a new window before I can type anything in the text field. I can alt tab to something, try to type for the first 2 or 3 seconds, nothing happens. I have to wait before it works, and it's a constant problem. It happens constantly, and it's not just text fields. Anything I do on the keyboard doesn't work periodically once I tab to a new screen or something. I can't alt tab back to what I was doing for that timeframe either.

This is unbelievably annoying and if I can't fix it I'll have to uninstall windows 8 or something, it's that annoying.
Thank you for any help

A:After automatic update yesterday, delays before I can type

Do a System Restore that was created just before the update. After that, go back to Windows Update and Hide the update that caused the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57088-after-automatic-update-yesterday-delays-before-i-can-type.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, whenever I open a Metro app like Weather, even after closing it using the red cross in the upper right corner (feature added in 8.1 Update), the app will keep running in the background forcing me to end it with Task Manager. Is this normal?

A:Metro apps keep running in the background after closing

Hello Antares,

Yep, when you close an app with the red X on the upper right corner it only suspends the app to the background. When an app is supended, think of it as being placed in standby mode. The app will not use any system resources if suspended. A suspended app will still sit in memory (RAM) until that memory is needed by something else in Windows 8 and is then closed automatically to free the memory. While the app is sitting in memory, it will allow the app to be loaded faster the next time you open it since it's already in memory.

The tutorial below can help show you how to completely close an app though.

Apps - Close in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48647-metro-apps-keep-running-background-after-closing.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I often switch back and forth between desktop and metro apps - for example, looking something up on Chrome in desktop mode while messaging someone on my skype metro app. After around 45 seconds in desktop mode, the metro app is closed when I return! This is very frustrating as you can probably guess. Anyone encountered this problem before? How did you solve it?
Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/30329-metro-apps-closing-when-desktop-mode.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I open up my Live tiles screen on my 2nd monitor. When I open an app, say facebook. All is fine. When I drag from top of screen to bottom with my mouse to close the app, it goes to desktop. Is there a way for me to go back to the Live tiles screen?

Also, is it possible to have the live tiles screen visible all times on my 2nd monitor. I use Stardocks Start8 BTW if that helps

A:Closing Metro Apps takes me to desktop

Hello gizbug,

If you are using Windows 8.1 now, then:

You could uncheck the When I sign in or close apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start box from step 4 in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below to go to your Start screen.
Desktop or Start - When Sign in or Close apps in Windows 8
You could open the Start screen from the taskbar on your 2nd monitor to have it show until you either open the desktop there or drag and drop a desktop window there.

Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/33615-closing-metro-apps-takes-me-desktop.html
Relevancy 55.04%

So I just upgraded to windows 10 today, and I was exploring around discovering new things in Windows 10. But a few minutes later when I decided to open the calculator It closes instantly, Even the windows store I was searching for a fix, none of it worked. So please can anyone help me?

A:[Need Help Fix] Metro Apps Keeps Closing Everytime I launch it

If you have only just upgraded there may be several updates for the metro apps still happening in the background. I would wait a while, try a restart and see if the problem still exists.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52450-need-help-fix-metro-apps-keeps-closing-everytime-i-launch.html
Relevancy 55.04%

It happens when i close them which is weird my first hunch is that since i recently upgraded my comp a new hdd and new ram maybe its the cause but maybe its not anyway heres the dm log

btw the first 2nd bsod was the moment when i closed csgo then the 3rd which happened yesterday happened when i was shutting down my pc then chrome exited then bsod

edit: Got another bsod when i launched dota 2

Edit2: managed to install sp 1 now

Relevancy 55.04%

this morning when i turned my computer on, (vista) i got to my desktop and my anti virus popped up saying i have a virus. i think it was a vundo, or sumthing like that...my anti-virus instantly removed it...or so it said....now my windows explorer and icons are gone, cept my sidebar...i went into task manager and attempted to manually load explorer again...closed instantly....i tried add remove programs it closed instantly. the only thing that seems to work is my anti virus....but it wont tell me anything.. /sigh....oh and btw it does the same thing in safe mode, and i've tried all avalable options on startup

A:explorer closing/unable to open apps

does anyone has solution to this problem bexos the same situation brought me here. i can't do anything through my regular user as it keep displaying Windows Explorer has stopped working & nothing can be done, no application load, nothing.
I login through another user on the same Notebook, IE works fine, I uninstalled the last application before the incidence but no luck after login to the problematic environment.
Your urgent help will be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/explorer-closing-unable-to-open-apps-275907.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi

Anyone know why there isn't a flash player update today?

A:No update through Flash Player releases new version yesterday

Where is the link that has put new version available

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/38081-no-update-through-flash-player-releases-new-version-yesterday.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My file clicked "yes" to a message asking her if she wanted to download IE updates. I've never seen a message like that. After she clicked "yes" and whatever she downloaded, her computer has slowed down to a crawl. Any attempt at accessing the Internet be it IE, Firefox or AOl freezes the computer. She is running Windows XP(I think Home edition).

I scanned her hard drive with Spyware Doctor. Did a system restore....nothing works.

Any ideas or suggestion?

A:[SOLVED] IE update yesterday now computer totally frozen

what antivirus does she have

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-ie-update-yesterday-now-computer-totally-frozen-265381.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello. Strange problem started yesterday when I ran Windows Update.

The computer restarted itself to finish the updates, and went straight to a BSOD. It won't start, I'm able to put it into safe mode, but not safe mode with networking.

I've tried using a repair disk to use windows repair, but although it's run fine, it wasn't able to sort the problem.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Peter

A:BSOD following Windows Update yesterday. Error 0x0000000A.

Hello, Spooky558 and welcome to the forums. I would like you to complete your system specs in as much detail as possible including your PSU and CPU Cooler. Please include Manufacturer and Model where ever you can. Please place them under 'my System Specs' at the bottom left of your last post. This should help you.

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.
If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

These are the results of your dump files I could open

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck A, {1c, 2, 1, 82c2071e}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athr.sys
Probably caused by : athr.sys ( athr+94c40 )
Followup: MachineOwner
Please try to update the driver for the
Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN driver for CB42/CB43/MB42/MB43 Network Adapter - D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.B) discontinued 2008

Also, please go to Windows Update and search for KB3022345 and KB3068708. If you find them, uninstall them, this will tell you how, Windows Update - Uninstall an Update. After that watch the Windows Updates before you install them, when you see those 2 ready to be updated, right click them and select Hide. You should have no more problems with those updates again. While you are there, please see if you can tell me which updates were installed yesterday.

After you have done that, please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373705-bsod-following-windows-update-yesterday-error-0x0000000a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So lets say you have a program open, and its not pinned to the taskbar, calculator for example. You close it, and the animation for the programs icon on the taskbar disappears smoothly. Now, if I pin the calculator onto the taskbar and open it (or any current taskbar pinned item) and close it, the icon disappears with a sort of a chunky, or "blocky" animation leaving just the normal taskbar icon.

My question is, should this happen or is my Windows install lagging somehow? Can anyone recreate this and see if you get a similiar result? Simply, non taskbar pinned apps icons seem to close smoother, while ones that are pinned dont really have an animation and just close with maybe 3 different frames.

A:Quick Question About Closing Apps/ Taskbar (Could someone test this? )

Hello Keyes,

This would be the Animations in the taskbar visual effects setting. It's normal for there to be a slight delay with the animation. If it's to long or jagged, then you may have something else running that's using a lot of resources causing a temporary longer delay for this.

If you like, you could turn off (uncheck) this setting to have them be instant instead.

Visual Effects Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357340-quick-question-about-closing-apps-taskbar-could-someone-test.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I can't find a solution to my problem For just one of a good number of examples I have Sonique MP player It starts ok but opening Windows closing extremely slowly and apps then it takes no joke seconds to close after clicking the close button Other apps have similar reactions but at startup time I have run spybot S amp D Registry Mechanic Ad Aware CCleaner ewido Security Suite Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly and a good number of other apps to try to clean up this mess but it still persists Here is my Hijack This log Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software iHateSpam siService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly iHateSpam siSpamFilterEngine exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox MMDiag exeC PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mim exeC Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD USISrv exeC Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC Play exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm server exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Engine ymetray exeC Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Filing Cabinets Fcabinet exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFREE EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXEC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP POPUPS EXEC Program Files Anti-Hijacker AntiHijacker EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC SecS exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software iHateSpam siMailProxyServer exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize rch search htmlO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO netMonior Class - C -C C- D -BC B- BA E FE - blank file missing O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar toolbar - F- DA- CB-BF C- CAB A - C PROGRA toolbar toolbar dllO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO ... Read more

A:Windows apps opening and closing extremely slowly

Hi wacky60 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of problems in the log. It is quite clean. having a program take 5 seconds to shut down is not uncommon. I have many programs which take that long or longer. It just depends on what resources the program has to release and what cleanup it has to do at the time of shutdown.There are a couple of housekeeping items we can fix so let's do that.Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...rch/search.htmlO2 - BHO: netMonior Class - {85810C93-C14C-11D5-BC4B-0050BA28E4FE} - blank (file missing)O3 - Toolbar: 1toolbar - {2184469F-67DA-49CB-BF3C-9CAB5974A280} - C:\PROGRA~1\1toolbar\1toolbar.dllNow close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Find the following files/folders and delete them (don't worry if they are already gone):c:\program files\toolbar\ <--folderOk, reboot the machine and you should be good to go.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29177/windows-apps-opening-and-closing-extremely-slowly/
Relevancy 54.61%
A:My windows store apps cannot update and i cannot install new apps also

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question error 0x87AF0001 this seems to be a new error, I haven't seen it before
As a standard suggestion - try restarting your device, checking your internet connection, checking time and region settings, checking if your microsoft account is syncing properly or not
What device is this? A pc or mobile?
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441352-my-windows-store-apps-cannot-update-i-cannot-install-new-apps-also.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I need some assistance I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop that runs Vista Home Edition Whenver I boot up and try to open a program or application it takes a really REALLY long time for it to open For example whenever I try to open Firefox or Internet Explorer or even my control panel the window will open and will be blank Then it will start to load but either take an enormous amount of time or after I've become tired of waiting I'll try to exit and it will say response apps slow EXTREMELY opening/closing times when programs and Not Responding Now eventually this goes away and the window does close but like I said it takes a ton of time trying to open and close these things up If I do wait it out and I do get into my Internet Explorer EXTREMELY slow response times when opening/closing apps and programs or Mozilla any links that I click or addresses that I type it again takes forever I've run a deep system scan with my Anti-Virus software and came up with nothing I did a system restore to a point where the problem was not happening and again nothing Any suggestions

A:EXTREMELY slow response times when opening/closing apps and programs

Originally Posted by seany811

Hello,

I need some assistance. I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop that runs Vista Home Edition. Whenver I boot up and try to open a program or application, it takes a really REALLY long time for it to open. For example, whenever I try to open Firefox or Internet Explorer or even my control panel, the window will open and will be blank. Then it will start to load but either take an enormous amount of time or, after I've become tired of waiting, I'll try to exit and it will say (Not Responding). Now eventually this goes away and the window does close, but like I said, it takes a ton of time trying to open and close these things up. If I do wait it out and I do get into my Internet Explorer or Mozilla, any links that I click or addresses that I type, it again, takes forever.

I've run a deep system scan with my Anti-Virus software and came up with nothing. I did a system restore to a point where the problem was not happening and, again, nothing.

Any suggestions?!

Frag/file errors/disk errors
or insufficient Installed Memory
How To Make Vista more responsive and faster

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/222421-extremely-slow-response-times-when-opening-closing-apps-programs.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I had reset my mobile lumia 730, then i installed few apps newly. Most of apps working correctly with new features, but some of the apps have closing unexpectedly when i opened. I have surfed, but didn't get any solutions or cautions for that issues. I have enough internal memory in my mobile, i thought there won't be the issue cause. Can anyone help me?

A:Nokia windows lumia 730 mobile, Some apps are closing unexpectedly? what might be the issues there?

Sometimes apps crash.. Just restart your phone it'll work fine.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/407870-nokia-windows-lumia-730-mobile-some-apps-closing-unexpectedly-what-might-issues-there.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This is a company business user s computer so much of the software might be in-house software The anti-virus is provided by Trend Micro Computer is a Dell Latitude D running Windows XP SP Problem Original issue user ... error Internet when closing other and an window Explorer encountered has Solved: apps IE reported was that Microsoft Word locked and froze when opening Microsoft Word was unistalled in preparation for a re-install New Additional Problem s Computer is running very slowly Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps Anytime IE is closed and sometimes when other applications are closed or any part of the computer is browsed to the Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps quot Internet Explorer has an encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot pops up Accessing the data of the error report reveals the ModName hostie dll as the problem I have run both Ad-Aware and Spy-bot HJT log follows Logfile of Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctalogd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctapsd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent CtaEoU exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctatransapt exe C WINDOWS system bmwebcfg exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files lotus notes ntmulti exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C Program Files Sprint AirCard Sprint PCS Connection Manager SPCSUtilityService exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exe C WINDOWS TEMP GQ EXE C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin OEAddOn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Documents and Settings rmtgreene Application Data U LaunchPad exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C HJT HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www salesforce com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpamBlockerUtility fleok D A A C E D AE EA FA EF B B A A - AA A- D - CBE-A - A D D - C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin HostIE dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar SpamBlockerUtility - AA A- D - CBE-A - A D D - C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin HostIE dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices C... Read more

A:Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps

Go to add/remove programs and remove SpamBlockerUtility then restart the machine.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.

Click Close to exit the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-explorer-has-encountered-an-error-window-when-closing-ie-and-other-apps.622654/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi folks
finally managed to get my upgrade to xp pro done, went for a clean install but still ended up with all my old documents 9how weird is that).
However I am busy reloading all my old apps etc and have a loox720 pda, have reloaded activesync but cannot sync with the pda, am getting a message telling me that MFC80.dll is missing please reinstall the application??

have reinstalled activesync 3 times nowbut still no joy.

2 questions
1 - do you think all this is connected to my problems yesterday (I will find the posts and put in a link).
2 - is my pda or active sync useless

BTW thanks for all the help yesterday

cheers
Gooner

A:Solved: fallout from yesterday's problem xp upgrade problem

link as promised
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/592815-solved-xp-pro-upgrade-xp.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-fallout-from-yesterdays-problem-xp-upgrade-problem.593185/
Relevancy 50.31%

I was advised of some updates yesterday and I'm having trouble with them. I am told the install was successful and Windows Update shows they were successful (3 times!!!) but if I go to Windows Update it will show (still) that I have two important updates to install. Because I was getting the notice that the installation was successful, what really showed me there was a problem is the fact that I run Secunia PSI and it continued to show that the Exel Viewer involved needs to be updated.

I have attached 3 screenshots that I took yesterday. I originall posted in a different forum, but not only am I not getting any responses, but today I can't even get logged into that forum for some reason.

Hopefully someone here will be able to tell me what is going on ... Please.

A:Yesterday's updates proving to be a problem

Same problem here
Go to the updates, before installed, then right click and then hit hide; problem solved
The updates are corrupted in that they do not stop once installed.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/301183-yesterdays-updates-proving-problem.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
on a no-problem notebook of a Relative, win ran an update last night at 4 and came up with this:
Most App-Links are gone, Apps still there.
But Firefox, Outlook and others seem completely reset as if freshly installed, no accounts set f.e.
Win demands hardware driver installation for Wifi.
And a bunch of personal files on the Desktop are gone.

Please point me to the right direction before i start to act there.
thx

A:Update nightmare - reset Apps, lost Data after automatic update

Same thing happened to one of my relatives yesterday! I suggested we did a restart before we tried anything else and on restarting the apps all reappeared and her desktop came back as she remembered it.

This might be the first thing to try and it might sort itself out.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33422-update-nightmare-reset-apps-lost-data-after-automatic-update.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

Thank you for your support. I have been having a problem with search redirects. It seemed to be solved last night but this morning, when using IE, I am getting redirected to the a Dell searcj page site when I click on search links. It does not seem to happen when I use firefox, just IE. Here is a link to the thread that was closed last night:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f100...ss-438011.html

Here is a link to a redirect when I clicked on a google search for "sportsline". It will first take me to the correct site and then in about 2 or 3 seconds, it leaves the site and goes to a dell search page. Here is the redirect link:

http://www.google.com/hws/dell-inc/a...2.05.17.34.42?

A:Resolved thread yesterday...problem back

Please disregard my last post saying problem back. I restarted my computer and have been working on it all day with no problems. Thanks again for all your help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/resolved-thread-yesterday-problem-back-438487.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Yesterday a window came up saying that my Thunderbird address book was corrupted and that it would create a new address book for me and back up the old one. I clicked "OK". Now most of my addresses are missing. Doesn't anyone know what to do? Dave

A:Problem with Thunderbird address book yesterday

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/446533-thunderbird-address-book-corrupted.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-thunderbird-address-book-yesterday.446754/
Relevancy 49.88%

Yesterday I decided to install an old game Tie-Fighter and and DirectX ok yesterday Problem that games with worked installed the game Problem with DirectX and games that worked ok yesterday with no problems However when I tried to run the game it told me that Direct d wasn t installed I knew this was nonsense but tried to install Problem with DirectX and games that worked ok yesterday it anyway It told me it had installed it but every single time I tried to play the game it took me to the installation bit which got on my nerves a touch as you can imagine Today I decided to play on a different game Rome Total War a game I already had installed and worked fine every other time I ve tried to run it Problem with DirectX and games that worked ok yesterday It told me it couldn t find DirectX which it needed to run I knew it was already installed but decided to re-install it anyway thinking there was just some blip from when I installed tie fighter It told me it had installed properly but during the quot installation quot the progress bar never appeared prompting suspicion from me I decided to install DirectX from the microsoft website This time it flat out refused to install Getting a little worried now and very very annoyed I decided to try and get directX from a non-microsoft website Although this is not the most sensible option I had to my knowledge tried everything else and was willing to give it a go It downloaded without problems and othing else was brought with it so I was hopeful for it to work I opened the setup and ran it Lo and behold it seemed to work taking a matter of seconds to install rather than instantly telling me it was done and the progress bar appeared Except when I tried to run Rome again as a test it told me the same thing DirectX could not be found I googled for some sort of tech support help and this website came up so any helpful suggestions please don t hesitate to say Also I was usure as to whether this was in the correct place appologies if it isn t nbsp

A:Problem with DirectX and games that worked ok yesterday

Try doing a system restore to a date before you tried to get Tie Fighter to work. It should revert to your last settings that worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-directx-and-games-that-worked-ok-yesterday.547972/
Relevancy 49.88%

This is happening on my work computerYesterday removed Security Tool using your websites instructions, although already yesterday google links started redirecting. Downloaded CCleaner and it seemed to help for several minutes and then again links started redirecting.Today whole morning I was running computer in safe mode, cleaning through Malwarebytes Anti Malware, Ad-aware and CCleaner.After I logged in normal mode, computer started working slower then yesterday and there appeared to be several exe files that I am not sure about in Task Manager, also google links are still redirecting.Also I downloaded HijackThis, ran it, but I have no idea which programs are good and which are not as I am not very computer-literate person.Please help.PS I am also attaching print screen of my Task Manager

A:Got rid of Security Tool yesterday, but the problem still persists

I downloaded ATF Cleaner and did everything that was told in this thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266394/google-redirection-when-using-firefoz/and ran everything with MBAM... still google links are getting redirected

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266411/got-rid-of-security-tool-yesterday-but-the-problem-still-persists/
Relevancy 49.45%

Having lots of problems after Anniversary Update...can someone help with these two following issues as listed in attached pdf:

Required applications are not installed correctly.

Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost
Microsoft.Windows.Cortana

Thanks...TiminAz

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/68064-problem-apps-how-reinstall-these-two-apps-win-10-anniversary-vers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello there this is my first post I come here often as an 'outsider' for support on troubleshooting but this time I can't genuinely work out what's causing my issue after some research Since yesterday my Windows Professional x system has been shutting itself off mid-use and whilst away left idling I've seen it shut down when Midway through a SUPERAntiSpyware scan Nothing else running Typing in a form submission text box in Firefox Latest version amp Add-ons Typing in a generated Notepad document just normal day-to-day use for me Here are the problem details under Windows Reliability Monitor Same for all the occurrences I'm using all the latest Windows Updates I - [Problem Within] System Off Since Randomly Yesterday Details Shuts managed to run and complete another scan also with Avira Internet Security Squeaky Clean as always The integrity of my Windows System Files is OK My CPU amp GPU temperatures are fine - it's slightly warmer than usual where I am as well My CPU amp RAM seem to be stable My PSU of high quality construction and has an LED indicator which displays everything as functioning normally On a quick inspection all cables seem to be connected fine internally No other external USB devices were System Randomly Shuts Off - Since Yesterday [Problem Details Within] attached during any of the witnessed shut downs other than my Logitech G Keyboard and G x mouse Only ever plug in an external HDD from time to time Also looking through my Windows Reliability History Log apparently the only software change recently is the installation of Microsoft Visual C Redistributable and Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x I've installed and uninstalled a few games via the Steam interface over the last week as well which aren't shown here likely linked to the redistributable installs FlashPlayerPlugin exe is shown crashing daily as I use Firefox lately - though this is an issue with recent updates Is there something similar to a crash dump that I can locate and post to assist It's not blue screening or freezing or necessarily crashing or even making any odd noises - it literally just shuts off I would be grateful for any assistance in getting things back to normal operation Thank you in advance and don't be hesitant in asking requiring any more information EDIT Included system data logs - Attachment FINAL EDIT My issues were due to a faulty motherboard See last posts

A:System Randomly Shuts Off - Since Yesterday [Problem Details Within]

Holiday,
Welcome to SevenForums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

That procedure will provide us with the needed info.
thanks,
karl

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242247-system-randomly-shuts-off-since-yesterday-problem-details-within.html
Relevancy 48.59%

New to this forum I have been Update Can't Apps after apps from Anniversary "Get" Store unsuccessfully trying to resolve this issue through other forums I am unable to quot Get quot new apps since Anniversary Update Lumie LTE Windows Mobile Build Can't quot Get quot new apps from App Store I get the message quot Try that again Something happened on our end Waiting a bit might help quot Can get updates for installed apps Can download reinstall quot owned apps quot that were previously uninstalled Can download install apps which were installed on my other Lumia LTE on Window Phone Any quot Owned quot app seems to be no problem This is what I have done so far Soft reset including removing battery Hard reset and restore Reset time zone Turn on turn off battery saver Can't "Get" apps from Apps Store after Anniversary Update Verified that both of my Lumia 's are listed under quot Devices quot in my Microsoft Account Hope someone can shed some light on this and I don't have to wait on a future update to rectify the problem

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441219-cant-get-apps-apps-store-after-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware found four virii on my computer It listed them as Trojan BHO Adware Netpumper and two copies of Trojan Agent I have the log file if this would be helpful After removing these files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Norton and Ad-Aware all say that there are no Windows connect Cannot to DHCP closing update, keeps virii on the computer I am still unable to connect to Windows Updater everytime I try to connect automatically I get an error If I try to connect manually I get a connection cannot be made error The computer also keeps having an error with DHCP I can restart the program but then I get an error with Cannot connect to Windows update, DHCP keeps closing the Host Process for Windows Services and have to restart my audio services Here is the DDS file Cannot connect to Windows update, DHCP keeps closing DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by david at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Cannot connect to Windows update, DHCP keeps closing Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe c hp HPEZBTN HPBtnSrv exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Kodak printer center KodakSvc exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Windows system PnkBstrA exe C Windows system PnkBstrB exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Windows system jusched exe C Program Files Saitek SD Software ProfilerU exe C Program Files Saitek SD Software SaiMfd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Windows System spool drivers w x EKIJ MUI exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskeng exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C hp kbd kbd exe C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users david Desktop dds scr C Windows sy... Read more

A:Cannot connect to Windows update, DHCP keeps closing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211478/cannot-connect-to-windows-update-dhcp-keeps-closing/
Relevancy 46.44%

I use an external moniter and USB keyboard most of the time, so I like to close my laptop and have it "do nothing". Ever since Windows 10 installed itself on my laptop, I get a Blue Screen of Death whenever I close my lid.This occurs even if I try to have the laptop sleep or hibernate.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G700-Crashes-When-Closing-Lid-After-Win10-update/td-p/3462546
Relevancy 46.01%

I see that many have had similar problems to me but I have not been able to find a solution I can follow I am running Windows XP DH tells me he first encountered problems about days ago but was working around them by using the back button to get to the page he wanted I am now finding that Google says Jump or Redirect and takes me to various advertising pages on most searches Firefox is continually saying it has encountered a problem and needs to close but will restore my tabs when re-opened IE does the same but also jumps from other search engines eg yahoo I have tried to update AVG but it keeps telling me the connection to the update server has failed even if I go directly to the AVG site The last update it successfully downloaded was on the th of March All help is appreciated TIA HJT LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved closing, google keeps Browser jumps/redirects, update can't AVG at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS Browser keeps closing, google jumps/redirects, AVG can't update system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Browser keeps closing, google jumps/redirects, AVG can't update Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Mobile Mobile Broadband Mobile Broadband exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run snpstd C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Skype - BF - - EC - -D B E B - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagno... Read more

A:Browser keeps closing, google jumps/redirects, AVG can't update

After reading Biteys post here I downloaded MBAM. It seems to have worked, I was able to update AVG after re-boot. No jumps on first go at google.

NOTE: At the final set-up screen MBAM has a check box to get it to check for updates, I left it checked, but like AVG it couldn't conect. I sugest you un-check this option.

Here is the log from MBAM
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 1945
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

8/04/2009 9:36:05 PM
mbam-log-2009-04-08 (21-35-54).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|)
Objects scanned: 122999
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 16 minute(s), 26 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 4
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr (Hijack.TaskManager) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\Julia\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\MLYG0AOD\58[1].exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\psltxrl.wja (Trojan.Daonol) -> No action taken.

And an updated log from HJT
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:18:36 PM, on 8/04/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\3 Mobile\3 Mobile Broadband\3 Mobile Broadband.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgscanx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - B... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-keeps-closing-google-jumps-redirects-avg-cant-update.816823/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello recently today ive had a few problems usually the security center doesn't warn me at the bottom about automatic update but today its came on saying its off in the settings its got it ticked on but in the center it says its OFF I've done some scans Firefox Won't Update On, Automatic Turn Randomly Closing. with kaspersky and found quot not-a-virus AdWare Win Virtumonde ymg quot Ive used a Vundo fix but found nothing with it I used quot Automatic Update Won't Turn On, Firefox Randomly Closing. Dr Web Cureit quot also and found a Trojan Click and removed that but still can not turn on automatic updates firefox has only closed when i tried to run kaspersky so that might only be Automatic Update Won't Turn On, Firefox Randomly Closing. a problem with that but i thought Automatic Update Won't Turn On, Firefox Randomly Closing. i'd tell you anyway Heres my HJT log any help appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS ATK HControl exeC Program Files Wireless Console wcourier exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ASUS Power Gear BatteryLife exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC WINDOWS ATK ATKOSD exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Documents and Settings Dark Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http desktop optusnet com au dsl favorites searchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www asus com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by OptusNetO - HKLM Run HControl C WINDOWS ATK HControl exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run Wireless Console C Program Files Wireless Console wcourier exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run Power Gear C Program Files ASUS Power Gear BatteryLife exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXEO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKCU Run STYLEXP C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe -HideO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run NBJ quot C Program Files Ahead Nero BackItUp NBJ exe quot O - HKCU Run Ceedo AutoDetect C DOCUME Dark LOCALS Temp AutoDetect exe activeO - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS D... Read more

A:Automatic Update Won't Turn On, Firefox Randomly Closing.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, please be sure you have read and followed the Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/All advice given is taken at your own risk.I apologize for the wait, if your issues are not resolved, read the instructions posted above and then follow the directions below. If you no longer need help, I would appreciate a quick post letting me know so I can close your topic.I am not seeing a log in the HJT log, but I do see AVG 7 and my information says that is out of date as of 5/31/2008. If you know something I don, please make me aware.Assuming you are runing the free version of AVG, here is a link to the newest version:http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download-avg-an...us-free-editionIf you intend to run the free version, take care not to choose trials, etc. Download, install and update, then run a system scan. Quarantine (virus vault) at least what is found and post the scan results for me to view and we will work from that point.If you are going to run HJT on your Desktop, you need to create a folder to hold the .exe, logs and backups before they get los, right click and create one, call it HJT and it will look lik this:C:\Documents and Settings\Dark\Desktop\HJT\HiJackThis.exeThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151619/automatic-update-wont-turn-on-firefox-randomly-closing/
Relevancy 45.15%

Why my downloaded apps gone when I try to update it to the latest version but the connection lost then it fails updating the apps and the apps itself gone from my Start Menu. How can I bring it back to my computer? can I just reupdate it to make it back?
Thanks in advance

A:Apps Update

Hello Baskhara,

Double check to see if the app may listed on your "Apps" screen.

If not, then you might see if clearing the Store cache may help.

If that still does not help, then you might see if you may be able to reinstall the app from the Store.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/32659-apps-update.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey so I just got a brand new Lenovo Yoga and I love the laptop/hybrid feel. I downloaded one game and all worked well and now I can't download any apps or update any either. They all just stick at "pending" Any ideas as to what could be the problem? It's awfully early to be having problems!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10854-cant-download-update-apps.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Dear all, Some of my apps are not working after update on my laptop. The apps are photo, calendar, map, people and mail. Please, I need solution. God bless you for your cooperation. Thanks. Ojeifo Happy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Some-Apps-not-working-after-update/td-p/5704238
Relevancy 44.72%

Okay so when i installed W to my Laptop it originally installed a bunch of Microsoft Apps This i didn't mind The problem I have now is after its first update I found a lot W10 Missing Update after Apps of these Apps are set to Apps Missing after W10 Update my default Apps that they no longer work and they are now sitting in a section Other in my All Apps start menu option and i cant remove them This has been a problem for a while i figured Microsoft would work out whatever the issue is and fix it This however is not the case and my W wont allow me to change Apps Missing after W10 Update my default Apps every time i do as soon as i restart i find my default programs back to the none working Microsoft Apps Anyway to shorten this and round it out I have come to the realization Microsoft have no intention of fixing this issue and that i will have to fix it on my own On this note I started fixing up my PC and setting it up in a way that i am happy with it i went online trying to find a fix but i kept getting set to issue answers for anything else but this I want to remove these Apps but they aren't showing in my programs and features to uninstall and i cant remove them or go to folder location by right clicking in All Apps menu Now i get that i have probably made no sense so screen shots are being attached Attachment Attachment All Apps Under Other Section Area in pic surrounded in red are the default programs I'm talking about Ideally I would like to restore the apps however if that isn't an option i would like a way to remove them so they stop defaulting to my default apps

A:Apps Missing after W10 Update

Try this way
Goto Settings
Click System
Then Apps and Features
Give them time to load
Then left click and a message should come up
Move or Uninstall
Get back and let us know if this way worked

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/41862-apps-missing-after-w10-update.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently installed the 90 day Windows RTM on my Samsung Slate. One thing I've noticed is that I can no longer update existing apps in the Windows Store, nor can I install new ones. The symptoms are that the updates start to download, but never finish. The status stays at pending.

I also have another installation of the same RTM version running in VMWare, but I can update existing apps from the store just fine.

Has anyone had this problem?

A:Can't update apps in store

That may or may not have something to do with my problem. For me, it affects only one app, but I also have this "hanging while pending". In my thread, I have collected a few folders that contain data from the Windows Store - maybe clearing them will work for you (make a backup!).

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/9184-cant-update-apps-store.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Initially, I use to update my Apps without using any password. Currently, whenever I try to update, an MS account password is required yet I dont have one. I keep getting error code 80860006. Kindly assist because it is 3 weeks now and I cant even access my whatsapp.
Thanks.

A:Hi, how do I update my Apps on Lumia 520?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Initially, I use to update my Apps without using any password. Currently, whenever I try to update, an MS account password is required yet I dont have one. I keep getting error code 80860006. Kindly assist because it is 3 weeks now and I cant even access my whatsapp.
Thanks. your ms account is the email account you used to set up your phone, your main email account on the phone. So if you've forgot the password, go to a pc browser and recover the password
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435659-hi-how-do-i-update-my-apps-lumia-520-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have Lumia 640 with windows 10 version 1511. I can't update or install any app from store. Its showing pending/working/starting state. My internet connection is working fine. On top of this, I can't even download the latest windows update. Its stuck at "downloading 0%".
please don't suggest me to do a soft reset,as I have already done it a couple of times!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437533-cant-download-update-apps.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro but now I cannot update any of my third party apps. In addition no third party apps will install. I get messages telling me that this app cannot run on this computer. I have over 330 gigs of free space. Someone please take pity on an 80 year old man and give me some advice.

A:Why can't I update any of my third party apps?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro but now I cannot update any of my third party apps. In addition no third party apps will install. I get messages telling me that this app cannot run on this computer. I have over 330 gigs of free space. Someone please take pity on an 80 year old man and give me some advice. open store > open downloads and updates and check for app updates - from all the app updates, look for store app and update that first. Then try with other apps
Also, you can check in settings > updates > check for OS updates

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439088-why-cant-i-update-any-my-third-party-apps.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello mates its my first time i post here
before 1 hour i updated to the last build but some problems appeared. I cant open Market when i click it shows the logo and then it close also when i try to play an mp3 it pops an error box saying "the remote procedure call failed" i cant open videos as well and also photos tab from start doesnt work too . How can i fix that?

I had a clean installation of the latest Official ISO from MS

for example when i try open a pic i get this

A:Several apps doesnt work after update

Hi all,

Did anyone found a fix for that issue? I'm experiencing it too and it's really frustrating.

I will provide logs & other information if needed.
I'd appreciate it if anyone with experience could have a look.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Marin

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/8330-several-apps-doesnt-work-after-update.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

My brother installed an update on his windows 8 laptop this morning. After doing so, all his apps/programs and everything were gone. It was just a blank start up page and blank desktop (except google chrome for some reason.) I tried a system restore twice, and a scan to see if that would fix it. Nothing worked, so I decided to just reset his laptop to factory settings as a last resort. However, pressing shift + F8 upon start up or space bar F8 did not bring up the windows restore option page (whatever it is called, bear with me!) The only other way to get to it would be "change pc settings" on the desktop. I clicked that and that isn't working either. Nothing comes up. Please help! I am extremely new to windows 8 and don't know what to do!!

Thanks,
Heather

Edit: forgot to add that he does not have win8 discs!

A:Windows 8 apps gone after update/can't restore!

Reboot your system. As the system boots, and starts to load your use profile, see if it says "Preparing Windows" - Then when it comes up, look for any messages that may say a Temporary Profile has been loaded.

To make sure, use Explorer, go in to "users" and look for a "user" named "Temp" - If you have this, then indeed, your profile has failed and a temp profile has been loaded up.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29114-windows-8-apps-gone-after-update-cant-restore.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Msn news and sports app not working on both my new envy 15t laptop and ASUS t100a.  This has happened at the same time immediately after update.  I have tried unistatlling and installing the apps.  I am pretty sure this is not a hardware problem.   Same experience anyone?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/msn-apps-not-working-after-latest-update/td-p/5836771
Relevancy 44.29%

Just bought a brand new MSi CX NF- with Update/Apps Windows Problems laptop two days ago Ran into two significant problems with Windows One Windows Update is absurdly slow It will take between minutes and hours to download and Problems with Windows Update/Apps apply a few simple updates I noticed recently that when I selected two updates to install windows update would not begin downloading the update for minutes while claiming to Problems with Windows Update/Apps be downloading this was verified via Task Manager's Wi-Fi which was showing zero activity Once it started it was fine Later that day after a re-install I tried updating those same two updates zero progress was made even after three hours Just now on that same re-install I chose one random Problems with Windows Update/Apps small update to make MB It immediately hit then stopped for a bit Now minutes later it's at and again Wi-Fi is showing zero activity This is not merely a problem with downloading--during the update itself while you're restarting the computer the patching will take anywhere from minutes to hours and it will appear to freeze at for minutes though I don't think it actually froze--it went from to at a fairly steady ridiculously slow pace of about per minutes I have no problems downloading outside of Windows Update I was able to download a GB game in about hours the first day I got the laptop which I thought was a fairly fair speed given the size There were no interruptions in that game's download whatsoever Problem Two Apps don't load Apps installed with Windows load fine like the Store and Games and Maps Apps installed through the store post installation never work Skype Microsoft Solitaire Collection Microsoft Minesweeper--click on them and they will show a loading screen for about a second and then it will flash back to the start menu You can get back to them but again it will be for a second then back to the start menu They never load no matter how many hours you give it Troubleshooting Attempted solutions thus far Updating display drivers Windows Update troubleshooter from the Microsoft site Refreshing the system Re-installation quot restore to factory defaults quot twice Help would be appreciated

A:Problems with Windows Update/Apps

since it is a brand new laptop, call the manufacturers support line. It could be a common problem for that specific laptop and they may already have a solution.

did you try wire to see if is a wifi issue?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/problems-with-windows-update-apps-701207.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I am running windows XP on my laptop I have the following security apps installed Kaspersky Internet Security Malwarebytes Antimalware and SuperantiSpware Free I am connected tho the internet via direct connection to a modem Recently i could not update any of the above security apps On Kis the update source is selected but quot error connecting to update source quot On SuperAntiSpyware when i try to update the message quot there was an error trying to retrieve definitions make sure your firewall is not blocking SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE from accessing the internet i have made sure to add it in my firewall and allow quot any TCP and UDP activity quot but still cannot update on Malwarebytes Antimalware update failed make sure you are connected to the internet and your firewall is set to allow malwarebytes anti-malware to access the internet i allowed it too still security cannot apps possible update malware? cannot update However I can open and load pages on firefox except kaspersky-labs com to manually download definitions possible malware? cannot update security apps malwarebytes org and http downloads superantispyware com down AntiSpyware exe but i can go into the website of superantispware they say Page Load Error but i can open google facebook gmail etc On scanning Malware no malicious items on FULL scanKIS no viruses foundHelp

A:possible malware? cannot update security apps

See if you can connect and run Kaspersky's online scanner------------------------------------------If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.Please disable your realtime protection software before proceeding. Refer to this page if you are unsure how.Open the Kaspersky Scanner page.Click on Accept and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.You can refer to this animation by sundavis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/209932/possible-malware-cannot-update-security-apps/
Relevancy 44.29%

So I just turned on my computer and the won't Apps an 10 update Windows open in after quot We are getting your computer ready quot or something like that message popped up I thought that the most logical thing was that my computer just installed and update So I Apps won't open after an update in Windows 10 go in and nothing opens Ive tried with Chrome Skype Microsoft Edge Windows Store other apps from different companies and none of them open at all At the beginning Cortana the home button and all the other features on my desktop would work but after a minute they wont open too I can open my Library it takes time for it to open I can go through my files and open folders but when i try to open anything else it just won't I can open Task Manager and everytime I tried to open any app it would say that it was running but it doesn't appear like it is If I try to open an app several times lets say I click Skype times It would say in Task Manager that Skype is running different times Also when I first pen task Manager it will tell me that nothing is running and I have to click more details to see that Skype is running times Some apps like Chrome will open but the window will be completely blank If I click on some app that usually would open the quot This app wants to make changes to your pc quot Window it will make that distinctive sound and the background would go blurry but the window wont show and I can't go back without restarting my computer I've tried to restart my computer several times not only did it not work but sometimes after the restart the computer screen would just be black so I have to restart it again until it decides to open I can use my mouse and keyboard just fine Other apps that open looks like the basic Window apps Recycle bin Library Task Manager Thanks for any kind stranger helping

A:Apps won't open after an update in Windows 10

Originally Posted by esainzm

So I just turned on my computer and the "We are getting your computer ready" or something like that message popped up. I thought that the most logical thing was that my computer just installed and update.

So I go in and nothing opens, Ive tried with Chrome, Skype, Microsoft Edge, Windows Store other apps from different companies, and none of them open at all.

...snip...

Hi esainzm and welcome to Tenforums.
I wonder if it would help to create a new administrative-level user account and see if that doesn't get things working?
User Account - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
I would use the option to create at command prompt. If you can get Task Manager open, you can select File>Run New Task, and type in cmd and check the box to create this task with administrative privileges.
Once you've got a new user created (and, I'd make it without a password), then see if you can get to the area to turn off Fast Startup in the Power Options in Control Panel.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/65799-apps-wont-open-after-update-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Two w10 update problems with apps all caused days ago I was happily using this machine a dell which has been running W for about months now Up until then no issues but then there was an automatic update and after that completed I found I have lost all connectivity for my apps To w10 update caused problems with all apps explain the PC is working fine in its desktop mode and connections to the internet work fine in Chrome IE FIrefox email and all my regular links I am even able to log this post fine However w10 update caused problems with all apps non of my w10 update caused problems with all apps W apps will connect - all I get is a message saying they cannot connect to the internet The same is true of Store and of Edge so basically I seem to have got a W type of machine now All the apps show and try and start but as soon as they need an internet connection they fail I cant even log on to my MS account via the apps as this also fails due to no being able to connect This is most odd as everything else works fine on the internet Another virtually identical machine running the same OS and connected in the same way Ethernet to the same router and running almost the same software did the same update and is still working fine with none of these issues at all Alas due to having done a big clean-up a little while ago I forgot to reactivate my restore points so find I don't even have one available now to reset to lesson learned there So does anyone have any ideas on how to fix or overcome this - or I'm I doomed to have to do a clean reinstall -which of course I would rather not have to do

A:w10 update caused problems with all apps

Give this tutorial a try..................

How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 8 and 10
Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/47382-w10-update-caused-problems-all-apps.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have not seen my Store Apps update automatically over the past few months. Usually after a new build or especially after a clean install the Store Apps would update almost immediately. I have checked the Update Apps setting in the Store and Update Apps automatically has always been found to be set to On.

I recently done a clean install of Windows 10 Home 10586 which just updated to Windows 10 Home Preview 11082 yesterday. The Store shows 24 apps which have updates available and it has been this way for five or six days. How long should it take to automatically update theses apps? I have my WIFI set to metered. I wonder if this is causing Store apps not to update?

A:Store Apps do not update automatically

Originally Posted by tracit99

I have not seen my Store Apps update automatically over the past few months. Usually after a new build or especially after a clean install the Store Apps would update almost immediately. I have checked the Update Apps setting in the Store and Update Apps automatically has always been found to be set to On.

I recently done a clean install of Windows 10 Home 10586 which just updated to Windows 10 Home Preview 11082 yesterday. The Store shows 24 apps which have updates available and it has been this way for five or six days. How long should it take to automatically update theses apps? I have my WIFI set to metered. I wonder if this is causing Store apps not to update?

Yup!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/35005-store-apps-do-not-update-automatically.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi The other day my Error 0x8000FFFF update on Apps after apps were working just perfectly not any issues with any of them then when I shut down I was notified I had an update to windows so I did the update Error 0x8000FFFF on Apps after update it took some Error 0x8000FFFF on Apps after update time to shut down When I booted back up it took Error 0x8000FFFF on Apps after update about hours to install the update and get back to my desktop Since this point none of my apps have worked I first noticed it with The Weather Channels app where it would start but then it would say I have no internet connection even through my browser and mail worked fine I then tried to uninstall weather and reinstall it but when I ran the HP Store app to get it again I get the below error message now Red text added to indicate what the text is or does Try that again Page could not be loaded Please try again later Refresh the Page This is a clickable button The error code is x FFFF in case you need it CV fD iZy vLEmuD t What can I do to get my apps working again because it is rather annoying when my wife wants to know the weather and the apps will not work forcing me to go over to their website to get the same thing the app gave me with ease Thanks Dave

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/59052-error-0x8000ffff-apps-after-update.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Ever since the update my windows apps(edge, weather app etc) have this issue in which tabs and menus just keep flashing and are un-clickable as if a key on my keyboard is being held down. I unplugged my keyboard but there was no change. Rebooting my computer fixes the issue temporarily.

Edit: figured it out, apparently my DS4 controller was causing the issue, wasnt even aware you could control these apps with a gaming controller lol.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/59995-anniversary-update-bug-window-apps.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

I have this brand new Windows 8.1 system that is fully updated.

Windows Update works without problems, but when I go to update an application from the Store, I get an error code 0x8007049.

I have ESET Endpoint Security Version 5, and even attempted to disable that and its firewall, but the error stays. Malwarebytes is also installed, I have not disabled that as I did not think it could interfere.

Any ideas on how to get these app updates?

Also SFC /scannow found no errors.

A:[SOLVED] Windows 8.1 - Apps will not update

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17

Also SFC /scannow found no errors.

I'm not at all familiar with Windows 8/8.1 but surely, SFC doesn't tell you if it found or repaired errors. You would only know that if you read the CBS log?

Did you try the updates again after running sfc?

Have a look at this page. Windows Update error 0x80070490

I know you said Windows Update works ok but perhaps the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest became corrupted after you updated.

I would try running the DISM tool. Don't see how it could harm anything.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-windows-8-1-apps-will-not-update-927906.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

I have clean installed the latest Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, build 14393.10

After the clean installation I have uninstalled the Apps I do not need by using commands in PowerShell, from a tutorial from this site. For a couple of newly added Apps I used CCleaner Pro to uninstall them. I have left the Store and the Calculator, only.

Now, when I check for updates in the Store, there is an update for Calculator but I keep getting this:

I use the Windows Firewall, and not a 3rd party firewall or antivirus, and it is running fine. I have also scanned my system with SFC and DISM and no integrity violations or corruption were found.

Are you getting this error? Can you update your Apps?
What can I do, besides a clean installation again?

Thank you.

A:Error 0x800706D9: I cannot update Apps

Hi, app updates run ok post anniversary upgrade for me.
See here:
Windows Update fail Windows 10 0x800706d9 | TenForums - YouTube

Similarly there's a discussion on the err. message here, alas with some unpleasant language.
Solved Windows Update error 0x800706d9 - Windows 10 Forums

It's almost not worth uninstalling the default apps - each major upgrade will replace them, as will an in-place upgrade repair install if run. The overhead isn't noticeable.

If I wanted to install an app I'd installed I'd prefer to rt click it on the start menu, and click uninstall, for example.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/58656-error-0x800706d9-i-cannot-update-apps.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My update to Anniversary Edition went fine, except I think I Have 2 apps that it disabled. The Action Center noted it, I clicked and it went to the maintenance page and I didn't see the names of the apps anywhere. Is there a way I can see which apps were disabled so I can deal with them?

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/58518-anniversary-update-apps-disabled.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

I've recently bought a samsung windows 8 ultrabook, went on windows store today and realised i had 32 updates available so i went to install them and all that happens is 5 dots go across the screen at the top as if its loading then windows store crashes n nothings been updated, ive done this several times now and im at lost as to what to do. HELP!

Sad Person

A:Can't Update Apps in Windows Store

I had this same problem today.

easiest workaround I've found, is to uninstall the apps, make sure you mark down somehow what you own.. you'll need this list..

reboot the computer, load the app store, download the apps again.

it should download the app with no problem.

load the app as you would normally and have a nice day.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14057-cant-update-apps-windows-store.html
Relevancy 44.29%

They all display error 0x800706d9 . I've read it could be related to Windows Firewall. What I have done:

. Microsofr Fixit (for Store and apps )
. Restarted Firewall, bits, wupdate and cryptographic services
. Lookup events log

Dep?sito con errores , tipo 0 (Repository with failures / errors , type 0 )
Nombre de evento: StoreAgentDownloadFailure1 (Event name ... )
Respuesta: No disponible ( answer : unavailable )
Identificador de archivo CAB: 0 ( file ID )
Firma del problema: (Issue signature)
P1: Acquisition;Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: 800706d9
P3: 14393
P4: 187
P5: Windows.Desktop
P6: K
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Funny thing is, I can normally install Windows Updates just not apps updates (or install new ones either )

A:Can't install or update store apps

Microsoft store and Microsoft update are two different items. The microsoft ifixit tools are worthless. See the following for fixing the store.

Windows key and X key to bring up the right Context menu..

Right click on the powershell and click on Run as Administrator.

And run the following in a Command Window to re-register:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/64379-cant-install-update-store-apps.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I believe a virus or trojan from a long way back damaged or corrupted the Windows Update and App components. All my metro apps cannot connect to 'servers' or the internet

and Windows Update could not even find updates until I tried to mend it myself and ran multiple fix it Microsoft applications to return the Service to my computer. Fortunately, now it searches but doesn't find anything.

I believe these fundamental components have been corrupted or deleted by a third party program (which I deleted with Norton Internet Security a while back) and my machine can no longer connect to Microsoft servers for updates and app support.

I've tried almost everything apart from a full factory reset and I'm really not planning on doing that as I don't currently have an external backup disk.

Will post any further necessary info required.

A:Windows Update & Apps Broken

Due to the lack of interest, I can only conclude that this problem is so complex that since even I couldn't fix it, thus no one else can.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45713-windows-update-apps-broken.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys. Just wanted to see if anyone else has problems with updating their apps on RS2? Every app I try to update just says "Error, tap to see details" and an obscure error code.

A:W10m RS2, Unable to update apps.

Originally Posted by Giddora Hey guys. Just wanted to see if anyone else has problems with updating their apps on RS2? Every app I try to update just says "Error, tap to see details" and an obscure error code. first, make a soft reset

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436248-w10m-rs2-unable-update-apps.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My update to Anniversary Edition went fine, except I think I Have 2 apps that it disabled. The Action Center noted it, I clicked and it went to the maintenance page and I didn't see the names of the apps anywhere. Is there a way I can see which apps were disabled so I can deal with them?

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/58518-anniversary-update-apps-disabled.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I know this isn't the 'Email' section. However, more people watch this section so I'm posting here. I started to experience 'Mail' problems in my new, (Jan.), notebook with Win8. The emails I sent were going into the Outbox folder & remaining there. I figured out how to delete them by turning off the Wi-Fi connection. But then someone in the forum told me about updating my apps. I hadn't physically updated any apps since I bought the notebook. Suffice to say after the 'Mail' app had been updated everything started to work ok plus new features which made it easier to operate. So important to update all your apps!!!!

A:Important to update 'MAIL' app & other apps.

Hello Robin,

Yes indeed. It's important to keep one's Store apps in Windows 8 updated to keep them patched with the latest bug and security fixes. As you discovered, they may even stop working properly if not kept updated.

Apps - Update in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/25482-important-update-mail-app-other-apps.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Within the last week, the Windows Store has been giving me issues with installing new apps, or updating existing apps. I've rolled back my system to before this issue began, but the issue is still presenting itself.

Whenever I try to install or update an app, I'm met with the following notice: "Something happened and this app couldn't be installed. Please try again. Error code 0x80072efd."

I'm not having any luck finding solutions through Google searches. I ran the Windows Update Diagnostic and it seemed to find, and subsequently repair some issue but whatever it fixed did nothing for my Windows Store error.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

A:Cannot Install or Update Apps from Windows Store

Hello acidraindrops, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if this may be able to help.

Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding: Fix in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/21245-cannot-install-update-apps-windows-store.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I can't update of find any apps in windows store. The store broker, wshost.exe, is taking around 30% cpu usage and will increase easily to 80%. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Can't update or find any apps in windows store

many, many people are having this problem. The general fix people are resorting to is disabling the store until the issue is identified and fixed.

This tutorial by brink should help if you choose to disable.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/42676-cant-update-find-any-apps-windows-store.html
Relevancy 43.86%

since both myfitnesspal is ending its app on windows phone and fitbit ending support for healthvault I dont have a way for my fitbit aria to update my weight on healthvault let alone the health app. solutions?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435609-there-any-apps-will-automatically-update-weight-health-app.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey my computer updated to windows 10 and after having it for three day ran into an error booting up. Needless to say a restore had to be done and once done there were several acer apps among others on the computer removed (ie acer power management, acer recovery management.) How do i get all these back? Do i call acer Customer service or window customer service? as you can tell im a computer pro.

A:lost acer apps and others after windows 10 update ...

Hi, Did you try here: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/driversJust search for your notebook model and then look in the application section to see if you have the applications which you are missing. With acer recovery, well this is a different story, and I am not sure if you can get it again. Try to read here about it: http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Can-I-download-an-Acer-recovery-program-for-my-computer/...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/lost-acer-apps-and-others-after-windows-10-update-had-to-be/td-p/435462
Relevancy 43.86%

Greetings.
I tried today for the first time to update my apps in Windows Store. But with no success at all. Every single one came out with an error: "Windows firewall service is not running"
No, it is not running, because I have Kaspersky Internet Security installed.

So what now? Do I have to deactivate Kaspersky and activate Windows firewall just to update my apps??
What do I then do when Windows 8.1 becomes available in Windows Store in a few days?

A:Can't update any apps - Windows firewall is not running!

Are you running an old version of Kapersky that isn't compatible with Windows 8?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/32902-cant-update-any-apps-windows-firewall-not-running.html
Relevancy 43.86%

So its pretty much just as the title says. I try to update anything or download anything I get a message that states.

Try that again, Error, See details

Inside it says.

Something went wrong.
Error code 0x80070005, in case you need it

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

A:Cant Update Universal Apps in the Windows Store

You did sign in with your Microsoft account, did you ?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/47106-cant-update-universal-apps-windows-store.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Will the upcoming Anniversary Update allow laptop uses to put universal apps on SD cards, or other external drives?

A:Apps on external drives with Anniversary Update?

Yes it does if you go to the settings then storage you can choose where new windows store apps are saved. http://m.windowscentral.com/how-inst...external-drive

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/433181-apps-external-drives-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 43.86%

For the last month or so, Windows Store now reports available updates for applications I have uninstalled, like Sports and Finance. This did not happen in the past. Does the same happen for you, too? Is it a problem, or a devious and annoying way to trick us into reinstalling these Windows 8 apps?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/30931-store-update-notifications-uninstalled-apps.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My son's laptop/tablet updated and now none of the programs will open. I was able to get IE working again but it won't open from the "desktop". Only from the live tile page. Clicking on any of the already installed programs it does nothing. I tried downloading and installing a program. It downloaded but when you click on it to install it, it does nothing. They need this computer for college.

A:Windows 8.1 apps won't open, can't install anything after update

I would recommend doing a "Refresh PC" on this laptop. You may have to reinstall a few programs but it will basically attempt to reinstall everything (you wont lose documents, pictures or other files). Here is the instructions on how to perform this:

To refresh your PC
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.

Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click Get started.

Follow the instructions on the screen.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558956/windows-81-apps-wont-open-cant-install-anything-after-update/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey my computer updated to windows 10 and after having it for three day ran into an error booting up. Needless to say a restore had to be done and once done there were several acer apps among others on the computer removed (ie acer power management, acer recovery management.) How do i get all these back? Do i call acer Customer service or window customer service? as you can tell im a computer pro.

A:lost acer apps and others after windows 10 update ...

Hi, Did you try here: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/driversJust search for your notebook model and then look in the application section to see if you have the applications which you are missing. With acer recovery, well this is a different story, and I am not sure if you can get it again. Try to read here about it: http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Can-I-download-an-Acer-recovery-program-for-my-computer/...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/lost-acer-apps-and-others-after-windows-10-update-had-to-be/td-p/435462/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits

I use Adobe Flash CS5.5 Portable for old compatibilities issues.

To make it work I've uninstalled KB3045999, KB3022345 & KB3068708

It worked perfectly till today but unfortunately after a windows update the annoying window "The application was unable to load a required virtual machine component...." has appeared again.

Any idea of which update could conflict again with portable apps ?

Thanks

A:Portable apps not working again after Windows update

Uninstall one by one to find it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/379151-portable-apps-not-working-again-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an error updating some win 10 apps, official Microsoft apps
Microsoft photos, Groove Music and recently Movies & TV.
when I start update it gives an [Error, see details]
then when I click see details
the msg says:
Try That Again
the error code is 0X80070005
I've contacted Microsoft help, but that was waste of time.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/445149-windows-10-store-apps-update-failed.html
Relevancy 43.86%

good evening guys,
as the title says I can't update any app store giving me this error

is there is any thing I can do!

A:After downgrading from insider to AU, can't update apps 0x87AF0001

When I had same problem with same error code, turning off Firewall until updates were done fixed it.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/69572-after-downgrading-insider-au-cant-update-apps-0x87af0001.html
Relevancy 43.86%

1. facebook
2. messenger
3. instagram
4. line
5. twitter

A:็How are these 5 apps under W10 mobile anniversary update?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question 1. facebook
2. messenger
3. instagram
4. line
5. twitter I think you're asking about the performance of these apps on AU? If Yes, then I am telling you that," All of the apps runs great on AU". / A TIP \ If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the WindowsCentral(or Mobile Nation services) so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438395-how-these-5-apps-under-w10-mobile-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi everyone,
Can you give me a list of METRO apps that are built in for Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 64-bit?

Thank.

A:Built In Metro Apps for Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 64-bit

Think there are a few more, but these are the main ones

Built-in apps - Microsoft Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/65061-built-metro-apps-windows-8-1-pro-update-1-64-bit.html