Windows Support Forum

DDE & Office 2013

Q: DDE & Office 2013

Hello O S Windows MS Office My annoyance is the random indication in Excel onlythere was a problem sending the command to the program Random means not all the times I click on the same Excel file Eventually the files opens at the second attempt In Excel gt Properties gt Advanced gt General there is a blank box that is to be filled up at startup open all files in BLANK I dont know with what Besides the above in the Registry my Keys read HKCR Excel Sheet gt Shell gt Open gt Command that reads default quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE quot dde command yh BV MKKSkEXCELFiles gt Office 2013 & DDE lVWA TVkMAIS Dh nVO dde xb'BV MKKSkEXCELFiles gt VijqBof Y 'w FId gLQ DDE & Office 2013 dde and ddeexec open quot quot ou quot u quot I quoted the readings as the homologous keys with Word that is OK have different terminals quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE quot n quot quot o quot u quot May I ask if there are suggestions at this regard Pls notice I tried already DISM reinstallation of Office FIXIT and other Many thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/45181-dde-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DDE & Office 2013

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 69.23%

Is it possible to change Office 2013 Professional Plus to Office 2013 standard?If so, what are the instructions?Thanks

A:change Office 2013 Professional Plus to Office 2013 standard

If the Professional Plus is a trial then you can't legitimately downgrade it for free.Did you put your subject line in Google?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/change-office-2013-professional-plus-to-office-2013-standard/19871.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi there Unless you have an ACTIVE Internet connection or other Network Mail Server connection such 2013 2013 set to --OUTLOOK connection Internet Office requires up as Exchange you will NOT be able to set up OUTLOOK Outlook requires and there is no option unlike in Outlook to disable it by unchecking a box a TEST email to be sent and working before your account s can be configured-- Once it's done you don't have to be online but if you need to set up several accounts and you don't have a working internet connection -- Tough luck Why on earth did Ms do this --it's not necessary and it is a Hassle for some people who are on the road have purchased Office and want to set it up Office 2013 --OUTLOOK 2013 requires Internet connection to set up instead of having to wait Office 2013 --OUTLOOK 2013 requires Internet connection to set up until they get home Also a hassle if they want to prepare company laptop computers with email parameters in advance of the new Exchange email servers being rolled out to the users Even if your work policy has mechanisms where the USER can configure the email connections themselves they won't be able to set it up until the Servers are actually in place so you can't set the accounts up in advance The box I've shown here is from Outlook In Outlook the option is filled in and greyed out so you can't change it BTW I prefer and use Office myself but was trying to help a colleague to set up Office Cheers jimbo

A:Office 2013 --OUTLOOK 2013 requires Internet connection to set up

Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45

Hi there
Unless you have an ACTIVE Internet connection (or other Network Mail Server connection such as Exchange) you will NOT be able to set up OUTLOOK 2013.

Outlook 2013 requires (and there is no option unlike in Outlook 2010 to disable it by unchecking a box) a TEST email to be sent and working before your account(s) can be configured-- Once it's done you don't have to be online but if you need to set up several accounts and you don't have a working internet connection -- Tough luck....

Of course you can uncheck the Test email box. It has been so in all Outlook versions, is still so in Outlook 2013.

The option is grayed out exactly as long as the NEXT button is grayed out i.e. as long as they could not be used due missing credentials, until the setup has all relevant information for an email account to work (email address, incoming and outgoing servers, username and password). When you have filled the needed credentials, both the Test box and NEXT button become visible and can be clicked / selected.

Although I could well understand that setting up an email account, which in any case needs a working connection, would require an existing connection, this is not the case with Outlook 2013. You can set your email accounts up while sitting in a pub in Brussels watching Premier League Football without Internet connection if you want to .

Screenshot from Windows 8.1 / Outlook 2013.
Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/297741-office-2013-outlook-2013-requires-internet-connection-set-up.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi there Whoever designed the base colors for Office must have been totally STONE DEAF and COLOR BLIND at the same time I can't believe that comments weren't made before this stuff was allowed out of the door There's almost no possibilities to customize the backgrounds or colors and on a large monitor the base white looks really HIDEOUS -- you need a good pair of Sunglasses while working with it The Outlook 2013 (Office De-Uglify Help 2013) to only other choice is some type of Grey shown in screenshot which looks very similar to quot The Fruit Company's Window colour scheme Still looks Outlook 2013 (Office 2013) Help to De-Uglify hideous and that Blue Outlook also displays the unread message titles in the most sickly blue can't seem to change it I've ever seen Before I remove this POS from my computer is there anyway to De-Uglify or customize like I had in Office with the Black background I don't like it opening with a prompt screen before I get the base screen often needs another TWO keyboard strokes -- example for EXCEL shown -- I should be able to open it in a Window with the menus just like like Office It means I now have to make a load of extra keyboard strokes before I actually get a workbook screen to start getting my work done I don't want the sign in reminders either -- I don't intend to use Cloud services etc Cheers jimbo

A:Outlook 2013 (Office 2013) Help to De-Uglify

No there isn't a way (that I know of) to change it. It was too cumbersome and hogged my Internet Speed with Cloud and whatnot; so I went back to good ol' office 2010. Maybe you should too

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/272323-outlook-2013-office-2013-help-de-uglify.html
Relevancy 62.78%

We are wanting to up-grade our current Office suite Office 2003 to either Office 2010 or Office 2013.  Our PC's are running Windows 7

I would just like to know what peoples opinions and advice is on this?

A:Up-grade from Office 2003 to Office 2010 or Office 2013

I can't speak to Office 2013, but I've done numerous upgrades to Office through 2010.  When you install the new version, you have the option to keep the old version or just replace it.  Starting with Office 2007 the familiar menu bar has been replaced with the ribbons which take a lot of getting used to for folks used to older versions.  There's a little program called UbitMenu that will add most of the menu bar functions back in the 2007 and 2010 versions that a lot of folks find helpful.  If you do opt to have two different versions installed at the same time, what happens is that when you switch from one to the other, it goes through a juggling act that takes a minute or so.  It's a bit of a pain, but if you need it, it could be a convenience.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541032/up-grade-from-office-2003-to-office-2010-or-office-2013/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

A charity is considering upgrading its workstations to Office 2013 from Office 2007.
They have lots of files in the .docx, .xlsx, .xlsm, and .xltm formats that they would need to access on a daily basis.

- Would the upgrade cause compatability problems with working with files created under these above formats?

A:Considering upgrade to Office 2013 - potential problems with Office 2007 files?

To my knowledge, they should not have any issues.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508309/considering-upgrade-to-office-2013-potential-problems-with-office-2007-files/
Relevancy 60.2%

We have an upgrade on our computer units here in the company, my problem is when users save their 2007 excel files an error pops up, Errors were detected while saving "File Name". Microsoft maybe able to save the file by removing or repairing some features. To make the repairs in new file, click Continue. To cancel saving the file, click Cancel.

By the way, the files were save on the file server and users access them through single roaming profile that we created with full access on their folders.
i am hoping i could find an answer.

thank you

A:Error on saving MS Office Excel 2007 files to MS Office 2013

i have many views, but no reply... i am starting to think this forum is not helping me !...

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/351227-error-saving-ms-office-excel-2007-files-ms-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Office Installation Routine Deleting Older Stand-alone Apps I can't Office 2013 not 2016 Apps Office with Standalone compatible say I wasn't warned I was part way through installing Microsoft Office on my primary workstation when I got a message Office 2016 not compatible with Office 2013 Standalone Apps that said quot Stop you should wait to install Office quot The error message went on to say that if I decided to continue anyway my copy of Microsoft Visio Standard would be removed Since I had the original disk from when I purchased the software I went ahead Bad move It turns out that when Microsoft says that Visio won't work with Office it means it won't even have the chance to work Any attempt to reinstall the software will be thwarted The fact that you paid for the software is beside the point You're basically out of luck When I Office 2016 not compatible with Office 2013 Standalone Apps went to the Microsoft community forums which is where Microsoft handles much of its tech support I discovered that I wasn't alone Apparently hundreds of people who'd purchased stand-alone Microsoft Office products were affected and they weren't happy about it Furthermore the problem extended far beyond Visio Users with Microsoft Project Publisher Access InfoPath and SharePoint Designer were also affected Likewise Microsoft customers who purchased Office Apps that are normally part of Office suites but may have been purchased separately such as Outlook were also affected More here Office Installation Routine Deleting Older Stand-alone Apps Special offer for customers with Office and Office standalone applications Office and standalone Office applications purchased separately via a retailer and not part of a suite of applications cannot be installed on the same device To resolve this issue you'll need to upgrade your standalone applications to the Office version of the products Please contact Accounts amp billing at the Microsoft Answer Desk to obtain a free upgrade for your qualifying standalone applications More here Special offer for customers with Office and Office standalone applications - Office Support

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/45110-office-2016-not-compatible-office-2013-standalone-apps.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I plan to update Office Pro 2003 to Office 2013 with Outlook. I need some Advice on how to move all of my Outlook info in 2003 to Outlook 2013.
Thank you, Richard

Relevancy 59.77%

upgraded to 2013

I told it to remove 2010 and install 2013

durning the install my nvidia drivers kept stopped responding. this problem stopped after office 2013 was installed and updated.

and later I found out my vmware installation was messed up and missing files. was working before.

what the heck happpend, I dont know..........office 2010 decided to take revenge? if it was going out . it was taking everyone out with it. lol

A:office 2010 to office 2013 weird thing happend

Are you running Windows in your VMWare installation or is your WMWare installation on your Windows machine?

It sounds like (drivers aside) there were some shared filed that may have been wiped that VMWare was using that belonged to Office 2010.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/23742-office-2010-office-2013-weird-thing-happend.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Any idea when Office 2013 will be available for download / upgrade?

Thanks!

A:Purchased Office 2010 w/ free upgrade to Office 2013

Hi there
it's in the Ms store already -- although IMO I'd stick to Office 2010 if I were you.
Anyway YMMV so here's the link (UK store) .

Microsoft Store United Kingdom Online Store - Office Suites

What you'd do to get the upgrade price I don't know but Office 2013 IS available for download. Try phoning / emailing -- actually a better option these days is to use a FAX believe it or not for this type of question. Emails tend to get lost as people have 100'000's to deal with, phone calls are diabolical --endless menu systems, loads of waiting and people on the other side of the planet who are incredibly difficult to understand.

The lowly fax machine when it chatters into life usually gets INSTANT attention these days . !!

Cheers

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/19618-purchased-office-2010-w-free-upgrade-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, hope someone can help me..

We have installed Office 2013 (64bit) on 13workstations, but found out that clients require Office 2010 (32bit) for some programs that are linked.

We removed the Office 2013 (64bit) and installed Office 2010 (32bit).

Everything looks okay up until we try to do Office 2010 repair process.
We are getting the attached error screen..

I tried Wiindows Installer Cleanup utility but i couldnt find any traces of Office 2013.
Pls help..
regards,
Major

A:Office 2013 (64bit) downgraded to Office 2010 (32bit)

Hi majorbaluga, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Removing Office completely can be difficult. Refer to the website below. This explains how to remove Office 2013. You may have to remove office 2010 as well & then reinstall office 2010.

https://support.office.com/en-ca/art...c-2fdf5dbf61d8

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/374274-office-2013-64bit-downgraded-office-2010-32bit.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi OS Windows Office office and sizing issues 2013 applications All - have bar title Office Version Professional Plus Every office application I Office 2013 - All office applications have sizing and title bar issues open seems to have a classic unthemed title bar and not maximise correctly When opening an office application a number of things happen The application opens behind any open windows The application when maximised appears to be open full screen with in an invisible frame Drop down lists within the application instantly close when clicked on Here are few images showing what I mean Steps taken to try to rectify the problem Reinstalled Office after having used Revo Uninstaller to remove any left over traces Rolled back to a time I don't believe the problem existed thought this may have existed from the start but never realised due to lack of use Reinstalled Graphics Card drivers Turned off any OS resizing options Tried changing the OS theme back to default Tried changing the screen resolution I should also mention that this only affects office applications and no other applications seem to have any issues like this I know I can get around the issue of it being maximised as can be seen from the screenshot The issues with dropdown boxes etc is a pain any help you guys can give would be appreciated

A:Office 2013 - All office applications have sizing and title bar issues

Have you tried an Office repair. This is how to do it with Windows 7, Open Control Panel, select Programs & Features, scroll down to Microsoft Office 2013 & Right Click on it & select Change & this will show a couple of Repair options to try. Windows 8 might be different as I haven't tried it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/356142-office-2013-all-office-applications-have-sizing-title-bar-issues.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53270-migrating-outlook-office-2013-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hi guys,

well i just installed office 2010 and during install you get the option to click for the free Office 2013 download.

Office 2013 is far more interesting dan 2007 or 2010.

Jeff

A:just installed Office 2010 X64 to get Office 2013 free

You've just installed or just boght and installed?

As you can see, are 2 different things.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14261-just-installed-office-2010-x64-get-office-2013-free.html
Relevancy 59.34%

On my husbands computer we are Office office from Upgrading question 2013 to 2010 running Office pro on Windows I would like to upgrade it to Office pro But in Upgrading from Office 2010 to office 2013 question Outlook he has like folders with subfolders full of emails When i upgrade will Outlook grab all the settings folders emails and put them in correctly I know office does not go onto of office because i did it on my own computer but i do not use outlook on mine i use WLM so i do not remember what it did for outlook because i do not remember if i put an account in there after i installed it or not I did mine months ago call it a senior moment Does anyone here using Office did it as an upgrade and found all their settings folders emails calendar and everything else get transferred into outlook correctly I do have a pst backup just in case but sometimes when putting this back it messes up everything and i do not want to spend hours fixing it nor a divorce lol over this

A:Upgrading from Office 2010 to office 2013 question

Oh also, i remember i got in program and features Office 2010 and office 2013, once i knew all was well i uninstalled office 2010, but then again i do not use outlook but for only one exchange account, and everything went fine with uninstalling office 2010, i am hoping from the answer you give me above, this would be the case here to?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/309201-upgrading-office-2010-office-2013-question.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

A:Migrating Outlook from Office 2013 to Office 2016

You didn't say what types of accounts they are, but mostly likely there isn't a way, unless there is a third-party tool or these are Exchange accounts.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/53270-migrating-outlook-office-2013-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I just installed a copy of Office on a Pc actually Win that already had Office on it I was having problems getting an Exchange logon working and for some reason upgrading to fixed the problem I am working with -bit in both cases The copy of Office 2010 of Office Office Will destroy 2013? Uninstall is working great It noted there was a copy of there and copied all the information from the essentially doing an upgrade Will Uninstall of Office 2010 destroy Office 2013? Now I'd like to remove the copy of and I'm wondering if that will destroy as well somehow The only Will Uninstall of Office 2010 destroy Office 2013? strange thing I Will Uninstall of Office 2010 destroy Office 2013? noted is I initially went into Mail- in the control panel to add the exchange logon and it added it to Outlook sure now it works on grrrh so I had to go into Outlook and remove the exchange account and then add the exchange account inside of Outlook which worked just fine So I'm thinking if I uninstall Office then mail- will auto point to the version of Outlook And I'd just like to get the version off anyway But not if it's going to be a problem for Office I've looked around the Internet and didn't find anything pointing directly at this situation If leaving out there is the simplest solution I'm OK with that Thanks ahead of time

A:Will Uninstall of Office 2010 destroy Office 2013?

I have been in the situation where I bought a new pc that had a trial version of MS Office 2010 already installed. I installed a full version of MS Office 2007 and uninstalled the MS 2010 trial version later with no problems.

This was a case where I had MS Office 2007 installed on my work computer and my company had a site license that allowed you to also install a copy at home. That's why I choose the 2007 version over the 2010 version.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/55444-will-uninstall-office-2010-destroy-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm debating whether or not I should upgrade my Office 2010 to Office 2013? What's really the big difference between the two? Is it worth the upgrade?

A:What's the difference between Office 2010 and Office 2013?

Hi ShuwanShawn, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look at these websites to give you an idea of the difference between Office 2010 & Office 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7czS39WfE

What's the difference between Office 2013 and Office 2010?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/357070-whats-difference-between-office-2010-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am running Office 2013 on a cleanly installd SDD that has only ever had office 2013 installed on it. Any idea why windows update is giving me Office 2007 updates, specifically

(KB947318)(KB2817330)(KB2878233)(KB2878233)

I should decline these, right?

thnx

A:Office 2007 updates when I only have Office 2013

No don't decline these updates.
Office 2013 updates in the background & does not show up in the usual Windows Updates section. I am using Office 2013 Pro & I have it set for installing updates automatically.
It would be best just to let any updates that are required to be installed. Often certain updates are incorporated to cover a few versions of Office as they earlier ones need it so they incorporate it to cover all the applicable versions, which may also include later versions.
Therefore just leave it alone as fiddling with updates often causes trouble. Also it is just a whole lot of unnecessary work for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/367840-office-2007-updates-when-i-only-have-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

have a computer with a preinstalled version of office 2013 and I want to reimage the computer.used to be that magical jelly bean would provide the key... not so with office 2013where will I find the key on the computer?

A:where is office 2013 office product key stored?

You can try this vbs code: it finds Windows and Office keys, it seems to find my office 2013 key correctly.Copy paste the code into NotepadFile >> SaveAsChange 'Save as type' to 'All Files'Enter a filename and saveThen double click and a txt file will be saved in the same location to where the vbs file isConst HKLM = &H80000002

dim fso: set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
dim CurrentDirectory
CurrentDirectory = fso.GetAbsolutePathName(".")
Set objFileToWrite = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile(CurrentDirectory & "\OfficeKeys.txt",8,True)

'wscript.echo "View Product Keys | Microsoft Products" & vbCrLf

'Install Date
Computer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & Computer & "\root\cimv2")
Set Obj = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_OperatingSystem")

dim InsDate

For Each item in Obj
InsDate = item.InstallDate
' Gather Operating System Information
Caption = Item.Caption
OSArchitecture = Item.OSArchitecture
CSDVersion = Item.CSDVersion
Version = Item.Version
Next

dim NewDate

NewDate = mid(InsDate,9,2) & ":" & mid(InsDate,11,2) & ":" & mid(InsDate,13,2)
NewDate = NewDate & " " & mid(InsDate,7,2) & "/" & mid(InsDate,5,2) & "/" & mid(InsDate,1,4)

QueryWindowsProductKeys()

'wscript.echo 'vbCrLf & "Office Keys" & vbCrLf

QueryOfficeProductKeys()

Function DecodeProductKey(arrKey, intKeyOffset)
If Not IsArray(arrKey) Then Exit Function
intIsWin8 = BitShiftRight(arrKey(intKeyOffset + 14),3) And 1
arrKey(intKeyOffset + 14) = arrKey(intKeyOffset + 14) And 247 Or BitShiftLeft(intIsWin8 And 2,2)
i = 24
strChars = "BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
strKeyOutput = ""
While i > -1
intCur = 0
intX = 14
While intX > -1
intCur = BitShiftLeft(intCur,8)
intCur = arrKey(intX + intKeyOffset) + intCur
arrKey(intX + intKeyOffset) = Int(intCur / 24)
intCur = intCur Mod 24
intX = intX - 1
Wend
i = i - 1
strKeyOutput = Mid(strChars,intCur + 1,1) & strKeyOutput
intLast = intCur
Wend
If intIsWin8 = 1 Then
strKeyOutput = Mid(strKeyOutput,2,intLast) & "N" & Right(strKeyOutput,Len(strKeyOutput) - (intLast + 1))
End If
strKeyGUIDOutput = Mid(strKeyOutput,1,5) & "-" & Mid(strKeyOutput,6,5) & "-" & Mid(strKeyOutput,11,5) & "-" & Mid(strKeyOutput,16,5) & "-" & Mid(strKeyOutput,21,5)
DecodeProductKey = strKeyGUIDOutput
End Function

Function RegReadBinary(strRegPath,strRegValue)
Set objReg = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\.\root\default:StdRegProv")
objReg.GetBinaryValue HKLM,strRegPath,strRegValue,arrRegBinaryData
RegReadBinary = arrRegBinaryData
Set objReg = Nothing
End Function

Function BitShiftLeft(intValue,intShift)
BitShiftLeft = intValue * 2 ^ intShift
End Function

Function BitShiftRight(intValue,intShift)
BitShiftRight = Int(intValue / (2 ^ intShift))
End Function

Function QueryOfficeProductKeys()

strBaseKey = "SOFTWARE\"

strOfficeKey = strBaseKey & "Microsoft\Office"
Set objReg = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\.\root\default:StdRegProv")
objReg.EnumKey HKLM, strOfficeKey, arrOfficeVersionSubKeys
intProductCount = 1
If IsArray(arrOfficeVersionSubKeys) Then

For Each strOfficeVersionKey In arrOfficeVersionSubKeys

Select Case strOfficeVersionKey
Case "11.0"
CheckOfficeKey strOfficeKey & "\11.0\Registration",52,intProductCount
Case "12.0"
CheckOfficeKey strOfficeKey & "\12.0\Registration",52,intProductCount
Case "14.0"
CheckOfficeKey strOfficeKey & "\14.0\Registration",808,intProductCount
Case "15.0"
CheckOfficeKey strOfficeKey & "\15.0\Registration",808,intProductCount
... Read more

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/where-is-office-2013-office-product-key-stored/19885.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I want to install office 2016 over office 2013. what will be the correct procedure. please note that I am also using outlook 2013.
Please suggest..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-install-office-2016-over-office-2013.1169818/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I have uninstalled office 2010 few days ago and did a clean installation of office 2013.
But windows update is showing updates for both office 2010 and office 2013.

I have uninstalled office 2010 using Revo uninstaller so there are no traces
Am I missing something.

A:Office 2010 and Office 2013 both updates available

Hi there
Why on earth do people insist on using these 3rd party uninstaller apps for BOG STANDARD Microsoft applications --Ms OFFICE is one of the most used pieces of software on earth so installing / uninstalling it should be a breeze via STANDARD uninstall method.

Had you simply uninstalled via control panel then the entire problem would not exist.

Your 3rd party uninstaller obviously hasn't done its job properly as there is still some indication on your machine that Microsoft Update thinks you still have Office 2010 installed.

IMO 3rd party apps are better left for NON OS type applications - things like installing / uninstalling / updating software should be left to the OS itself. Very few 3rd party apps IMO should be allowed to interfere with the internal functions of the OS itself -- even AV software - but that's another issue.

My solution here would be to either restore your syste to a time before you installed the "Uninstaller" app or re-install a clean copy of windows, re-install the version of office you want and apply the updates.

Note -- when Ms updates programs it might make all sorts of registry changes "on the fly" and it's impossible for a 3rd party uninstaller to be able to handle or even find all these changes.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/293928-office-2010-office-2013-both-updates-available.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello: I brought my MS Office to my new computer a few months ago. That version was/is 2010 on a windows XP. I now have the 2013 version of MicroSoft Office it is however the 64 bit version on a machine running windows 7 Home Premium.

I am concerned about losing my data over the transition.

I received the message that it is not possible to instal the 64 bit version until the 32 bit version is removed.

I would be very grateful if someone would provide guidance on the correct order and steps to accomplish this change over. The Data is backed up. I would not like to lose the Data in the various programs.
Thank You bats

Mother Board : Gigabyte Z77
System Type : x64 based PC
Intel Core i 7 -3770 CPU @ 3.5 , currently at factory overclock 3901GHZ
American Megatrends Bios SMBIOS 2.7
16 GIG OF INSTALLED Physical Memory
Samsung SSD 120 gig
1000 GB WDC HDD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migrate-from-office-2010-32-bit-office-2013-64-bit.1113367/
Relevancy 57.19%

Good morning,

I recently upgraded from Office 2010 Pro to Office 2013 Pro. However, after the install, all of the office products are showing as <NAME> (desktop) - i.e. Word (desktop), Powerpoint (desktop). Yet, when they are opened, the program is shown as Word 2013, Powerpoint 2013, etc. When I try to pin a file to the taskbar, it pins it under the Word (desktop) program, but when I open that file, it opens in Word 2013.

I am able to pin both Word 2013 and Word (desktop) to my taskbar. I am ONLY able to pin files to Word (desktop), but files only open using Word 2013. Both options open the same program. It is frustrating to have one program pinned just to have files pinned, only to have those files open in another taskbar "tile."
Why are they separate? Is there any way to get rid of one?

Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

-Andrew

A:Updated to Office 2013 Pro: Word (Desktop) vs Word 2013

Hi PrimetimeHero welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

It does seem that you have a duplicate set of short cuts to your Office products.

Normally it is best to store your Office product files in your Documents Library, under their various Folder titles such as Word Documents, Excel Spreadsheets etc. This keep them all in the one area for easy location.

Check to see whether you have duplicate copies of the actual files & if so make sure they are up to date & correct & delete one of them. Then delete the duplicate Shot Cuts then open your Documents Folder in your Documents library. Then locate a file in Documents such as Word xxx & if you want to have a short cut to it on your Desktop, right click on it & use Send To (create Desktop short cut).

As your information is not really clear, perhaps you could post back with more info on where your various Office files are actually located.

Below is a screen shot of my Documents Folder to expalin what I have been saying.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/354720-updated-office-2013-pro-word-desktop-vs-word-2013-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Is there any difference in the features provided by office 2013 vs office 365? I am looking to get one, but cannot decide.

A:Choosing between office 2013 and office 365

yes some extras , they are both 2013 versions at the moment
365 gives you the full range
365 you can unauthorise and re-install on a different PC
365 comes with 1TB of onedrive space
365 you can also put on a tablet or phone
365 will be updated to the latest version

2013 stays on the PC its first installed on and cannot be transferred
2013 you can get different versions (with outlook, publisher, access products), which cost different prices

have a read here
https://products.office.com/en-us/buy/compare-microsoft-office-products

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choosing-between-office-2013-and-office-365.1144798/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi experts Anyone know if it's possible to have Office bit and Office bit running on the same computer Windows Enterprise bit This link partially answers the question but doesn't say if you can mix and bit versions I have to keep EXCEL bit as (32 Office together (64 bit) 2013 and Office bit) 2010 I Office 2010 (32 bit) and Office 2013 (64 bit) together have some addin's that don't work on the bit version EXCEL I HATE outlook so the restriction on Outlook is fine by me Mixing the and bit versions is my main concern here Note you have to have office already installed to enable the quot Side by Side quot feature apparently -- not tried it yet Office Side-by-side or upgrade Jussi on SharePoint Please posters who have actually TRIED this combination on ANY version of bit Windows One often get posts like quot It should be possible or I don't THINK it will work If you've tried this or can post me to an official Ms link saying it either works or doesn't work then I'd appreciate the help I don't actually like office -- I intend for all sorts of reasons sticking with office but there will be times when I have to run office and I really don't want to have to set up a separate Virtual machine just for that - or another Windows to Go system Cheers jimbo

A:Office 2010 (32 bit) and Office 2013 (64 bit) together

Here is one reference that might satisfy you:

"Compatibility with existing Office files and solutions

The 64-bit version of Microsoft Office isn?t compatible with any other 32-bit version of Office programs. So you must first uninstall all 32-bit versions of Office programs before you install the 64-bit version of Office."

I found another on Technet, but like a dummy I left the page, and, for some reason, couldn't find the reference again. It said 64 and 32 bit versions cannot be installed on the same machine.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/17236-office-2010-32-bit-office-2013-64-bit-together.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hi guys,

is it possible to install Office 2016 32 bit next to Office 2013 (64 bit)?

I hate reinstalling Office 2013 if the 2016 version is not good enough.

Have to many rules that i have to recreate every time, also to many mails i need to redirect to the junk mail.

thanks
Jeff

A:Office 2016 (32 bit) next to Office 2013 (64 bit)

Originally Posted by jeffrys

hi guys,

is it possible to install Office 2016 32 bit next to Office 2013 (64 bit)?
Jeff

No.

While possible it is not recommended to install multiple versions of Office on the same computer. But they both must be the same bits. The only way this could be done is to install one on a virtual machine.

https://support.office.com/en-au/art...7-b78c513788bf

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/4173-office-2016-32-bit-next-office-2013-64-bit.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I've been using Microsoft Office Home and Student for can't Office Office.com connect 2013 to the last six months with no real problems Specifically while using Excel I can press F or click the icon and use the online Help Until now I'm working on something in Excel I try to access Help and get This condition then persists until I reboot the computer the Office 2013 can't connect to Office.com same Office 2013 can't connect to Office.com similar message appears for the other Office components Please note other programs do not have any problem connecting to the Internet I'm experiencing the problem even as I type this in IE Office is the only one having trouble with connecting I have some URLs in a spreadsheet and they still work fine My computer has a wired connection to my modem-router on a simple home network I am using Microsoft Security Essentials Malwarebytes and Microsoft Firewall All Windows Updates have been installed Turning off the firewall does not help A few weeks ago I had a problem with a malicious toolbar Malwarbytes quarantined a number of files having to do with Linkey and MySearchDial and the problem seemed to be solved Any help with Help would be appreciated

A:Office 2013 can't connect to Office.com

Welcome Windows Seven Forums.

Have you tried an Office repair. To do that open Control Panel, select Programs & Features, scroll down to Microsoft Office 2013, Right Click on it & select Change. This will open a panel with a couple of repair options to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/342266-office-2013-cant-connect-office-com.html
Relevancy 55.9%

OK I am curious. I am trying to understand the difference between these two: Office 2013 is just an updated version from office 2011 and its predecessor, and Office 365 is like Google docs, except that its a paid subscription. I don't see any logic to why I want to pay annually where I can just do Google docs, or just use a regular office application.

A:what's the difference between office 2013 and office 365

Nice article with a comparison chart: Office 365 vs. Office 2013: Should you rent or own?Only you know your personal use needs and requirements. If it's about money there are free alternatives. Renting means always the latest and greatest updated apps available. Buying means at some point antiquated and possibly no longer compatible or becoming problematic. Choose what works for you and your needs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483629/whats-the-difference-between-office-2013-and-office-365/
Relevancy 53.75%

I purchased office 2013 home and student. I received a card with a product key and instructions to download and install.

When I follow the instructions the webpage stops and refuses to proceed.

Is there some where I can DL the setup and install from my PC with my product key.

I have not yet activated my key.

A:Office 2013

Go here and follow the instructions for Obtaining a Media (getting a backup DVD):

Downloading or getting media for Office 2013 or Office 365

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/29060-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My neighbor just told me that her husband bought ms office professional plus 2013 for $9
is this legit?

A:office 2013 for $9?

Looks like it's entirely possible: http://www.itworld.com/consumerization-it/337490/microsoft-office-2013-professional-plus-just-10-qualified-email-addresses

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483004/office-2013-for-9/
Relevancy 53.75%

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy office 2013 from the Microsoft online store without having to go the subscription payments?? Just "buy" the programs instead of "renting" it

Hello Mitchell,

You may be looking at Office 365 that has a subscription instead. The link below at Microsoft Store has Office 2013 suites for sale not subscription.

Microsoft Store - Office suites

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/24976-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Does anyone know if the Preview will be totally separate and not conflict with my installation of Office 2010?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I just purchased office 2013 through my company for my daughters laptop, can I use this on my laptop to or am I restricted to only one user per purchase?

A:2013 office

It has been reported on this forum that installers of Office 2013 purchased via company benefits plans are ONETIME, ONE COMPUTER online installers. So, unless you have Office 365 subscription you are pretty much permanently locked to one computer.

In other words, you get an exe file of about 300-400 KB. This thing has a key embedded in it. Once you will start it, it will download Office 2013 installation files.
This function is a onetime function. Likely, it wont work again even on the same computer.
You won't be able to REinstall your Office 2013 even for this current computer with the very same file.
You would have to purchase some extra backup dvd in order to be able to reinstall it EVEN ON THE SAME computer.

Thus, indeed Office 2013 available via company benefits plan is likely locked to ONE computer and ONE installation on this computer (if you have your hdd wiped and will try to reinstall it on the same computer without extra backup dvd it WON'T work).

More info Office 2013 ProPlus Home Use download
and Microsoft Office 2013

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/288354-2013-office.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a fully licensed copy of MS office 2013. I have been sent a word.doc attachment on an email and saved it to the HDD, but Word refuses to open it!!!!

A:MS Office 2013

First thing I would suggest is to ask for the file to be re-sent, as it is possible that the file has been damaged in transit.

I have also had occasions where a "Word Compatible" program has been used to generate the document and this is not actually compatible, Re-saving the original as another format Docx or even RTF can sometimes solve this, (I've even seen this happen when using another Word revision to generate the document, though this is rare)

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52061-ms-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Dear: Sir / Ms.

I am looking to fiend out if I can run Office 2013 on my Dell XPS 400 Desk Top computer, it has a 320 GB Hard Drive and 3.0 GB of Memory, and is running Windows Vista tweaked! I want to
take the Good Will on line course, and I currently have Office 2007 but they are not offering
Certificates for that any moor, I was thinking of going to Office 2010, but thought if I can
run 2013 it would be better sense it is newer!

Please let me know witch one would be best for my situation?
Sincerely

Walter C. Scott.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-office-2013.1166560/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm very confused about Office 2013. This site and other claim it is now available to businesses

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/03/office-2013-rtm-live/

But I can't find were to buy it Also, there is office 365 which is confusing me even more.

And I can find a customer preview when searching for 'Buy office 2013 business': http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/officepreview But what is this?

Is it really available at the moment? Or should I get 365? Any feedback would be great

A:Office 2013 is it available now?

It is available to businesses through their volume licensing program, but you can't buy it retail yet.

The customer preview is a beta version that you can try before you buy it. It has a limited term (30 days, 60 days, etc), after which it will expire unless you enter a valid license key.

Whether you should get Office 2013 or Office 365 depends on your need. Office 2013 is the next version of the Office suite we're all used to. Office 365 is subscription based and can be installed on up to five computers. It has more cloud services and will provide some syncing between the computers.

This article from pcmag might be helpful if you want to read up on some of the differences.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2013-is-it-available-now.1085638/
Relevancy 53.75%

I've got a full version of Office 365 from 2013. Earlier this year I had bought a full year of it after my free subscription had run out. Today over the last hour or so, I've been getting along the top in Word: (Non-Commercial Use) (Unlicensed Produced). It is a legitimate product. I am able to log into my account but as soon as I do, I get logged out, but I do get to see the options once I am logged in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-365-from-2013.1156869/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi ! I was at my local computer store, and I was bying the Office 2013 !
I`m trying to install it, and it stands that the file that it need to install is missing og corrupted, i just bought it !
Need help, please.

You need to give more details really. What file does it say is missing or corrupted?

If it was me I'd take it back and exchange it.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/35474-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

hi all I just found out today from a teachers computer that Office 2013 SP1 has officially been released she is not as computer savvy as I am she knows how to make things pretty anyways I was helping her do her patch Tuesday updates on her laptop and saw one for Office 2013 SP1 she is running one of the higher editions of Office 2013 then what I run at home as I have the Home and Student version does this update effect any of my office programs or not and I ran a Windows Update and didn't find the update I also tried downloading and installing the update from Microsoft and it said I didn't need it, please help as I am confused on this update thanks guys

A:Office 2013 SP1

Let's start with some elementary troubleshooting...

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

Then please download and install Belarc Advisor from www.belarc.com - run it, then save the output as a MHT file
Please then send it to me as a Private Message - it does contain confidential information, which should not be uploaded as an attachment in open forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/325048-office-2013-sp1.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I just got MS Office 2013 and have a question about it. All of the programs have a white background. Do I need to changed my Theme to get color or is it just different than the Office 2003 I had before?

A:MS Office 2013

Hi there .. It can be changed seems not many Colors to choose from though ...
Change the Office theme - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/320904-ms-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

For those of is with Office 2010?

Thanks!

A:When is Office 2013 going to be available?

I think it's in the Q1 of 2013,
Microsoft Office 2013 Releases to Manufacturing (RTM), GA in First Quarter of 2013 - Tweaking with Vishal

However, the RTM has already released. Download Trial from TechNet:
Download Free Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus, Visio 2013 and Project 2013 60-Day Trial Versions - Tweaking with Vishal

Direct Download Link for RTM Trial:
[Direct Download Link] Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus, Visio 2013 and Project 2013 Free Trial - Tweaking with Vishal

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/15409-when-office-2013-going-available.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have no computer tech experience and need to know if I can download and use Office 2013 on my laptop that is currently running windows 7. Can i just purchase an activation key for this purpose?

A:office 2013 for laptop

Hi buttercup12, Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

You can purchase Office 2013 on line & download it as well. Have a look at this website & read through the various versions that are available.
Also is you follow through on the various "Learn More" links you can also find out what system requirements are needed.
As you are running Windows 7 you should be OK. But as your System Specs don't really show all your computers details you will need to check the Office system requirements to see if your computer meets them.

As I am in Australia I have tried to get the Microsoft USA details for you so I hope it works.

Choose Microsoft Office Products

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/351642-office-2013-laptop.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm an windows insider with a problem with my Office outlook My 2013 bit Office Outlook 32 Office ran just fine last year until the middle of November At that time I could not receive any incoming emails I could and still can send out going emails and occasionally receive maybe one Office 2013 Outlook 32 bit email a week Had to revert to web mail from my provider until the bugs were worked out of windows mail witch I am not very fond of I've Office 2013 Outlook 32 bit seen better rd party email programs then that It has always bugged me that my Word Power point Access and Excel work just fine but not the Outlook after November The one program I uses the most Today while checking the settings of a theme package I found out that my Outlook was listed as quot Office Outlook bit quot I'm running Windows on my bit Dell as a bit system Does anyone have an idea how I can get the Outlook of my Office to run as a bit program or what else I could do to get it to run other than a viewer

A:Office 2013 Outlook 32 bit

Office 2010 was the first version of Office to be offered as either 32-bit or 64-bit, previous versions were 32-bit, probably back to version 2000, maybe a bit earlier. I had FrontPage 2003 on my computer when I got the 64-bit version of Office 2010 and had to first remove FP due to incompatibility with 64-bit Office. You should have no issues with running 32-bit programs on 64-bit Windows but can't run 64-bit programs on 32-bit Windows. To change to 64-bit Office you'll need the disc or download for it and uninstall the 32-bit version first. I have heard of folks that were able to run both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office but probably had to do a Custom Install to specify a different Folder one from the other. 32-bit Windows stores 32-bit programs in C:\Program Files but 64-bit Windows stores 64-bit programs in C:\Program Files and 32-bit programs in C:\Program Files (x86). [Change C: to whatever drive/partition your Windows may be on if different.]

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/66045-office-2013-outlook-32-bit.html
Relevancy 53.32%

A generous friend gave me a copy of Office Pro 2013. After I got it installed though I'm feeling like I wasted my time. I had been using Office 2003 - in particular Outlook 2003 for calendaring - and Outlook 2013 is extremely low contrast, blindingly white. I've changed the theme to Dark Grey which barely makes a difference. Does anyone know if MS plans to offer more color schemes or if there are any third party solutions? If not I will probably remove 2013 and go back to 2003.

A:MS Office 2013 themes

See if this helps,
I need to change my color theme. - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/299107-ms-office-2013-themes.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Anyone have this installed yet?

The color schemes in Outlook are horrible, I have the dark gray on and there is still way too much white.

Is there anyway to get a different theme.. some kind of Add In?

A:Microsoft Office 2013

I use the free libreoffice.

http://download-libre-office.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-2013.1079986/
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm getting ready to go out and purchase Microsoft Office 2013 for Windows 7 from Best Buy, will they be giving me a DVD or will I have to go to the Microsoft site to download it and if I do what browsers are supported

In my opinion it's always best to download anything to do with Microsoft using I.E. Microsoft lovers Microsoft. I have no idea how Best Buy sell things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/289508-microsoft-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Folks,
I have been using Office 2003 and 2007 since it came out. I am finding a few quirky things as of late
as the PST file grows in Outlook ( or as we call it Lookout!). SO, I am thinking of moving
to Office 2013 Business Edition ( NOT Office 365).
My question: has anyone here had good luck in moving 2003 PST Files to Outlook 2013? Are there
any special tricks or got-cha's I need to consider ?
There where issues moving this file to Outlook 2010 , so I did not even bother trying the 2010 version.

Any insights on this or direct personal experiences ?

thanks !

A:Office 2013 and PST files

Try this MS website. There is also a link within it that provides more info, so hope that helps you.

Import/pointing 2003 pst file to 2013 - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/319707-office-2013-pst-files.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've been using the Office 2013 Preview for about a month and just installed the Retail version (for eval purposes). So far, I'm really liking the suite and it reminds me of what Office was like before it became bloatware. Outlook 2013 is especially nice and it's easy to do what you want to do. No crazy things to learn over again... Anyone else using it?

A:Office 2013, any feedback yet? I like it so far...

I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet , will install tomorrow and give it a run! Looks neat from what I've seen so far though online.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/17530-office-2013-any-feedback-yet-i-like-so-far.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi friends! I need a little help!

I bought Office 2013 in my company (Microsoft partner) and I received in my email a serial number and a link to download. I download and installed but I have 2 questions:

1.Installation program don't ask for serial, its normal?
2.Setup installed Office 2013 without option to choose components, how can I remove some Office 2013 components?

Thanks for any help!

A:Office 2013 installation

1. It will ask for product key when you run one of the Microsoft Office Applications (Word 2013, Excel 2013)
2. You can always go to Programs and Features, then select Microsoft Office 2013, click Change. Then Pick Add or Remove Features.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/18317-office-2013-installation.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm looking to change the boring Office icons and I've been temporarily successful until a reboot. Windows then has no idea of what to use for the icon and I have to run a repair on Office.

Where I'm trying for this change to take place is......C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Microsoft Office 2013

BTW, I'm using a 3rd party app to get around the permissions issue. Windows needs a "sudo" command.....!

Has anyone been successful at this or a similar quest?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/34925-office-2013-tweak.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have Visio 2010 64bit and just recieved office 2013 from work 32 bit. It will not allow me to install office while still having visio 64 bit installed. I got the visio from a collage website while in school and no longer have the key, it looks like when I try to open it, it is trying to install office all over again since I uninstalled office 2010. so, how can I keep this?

A:Can I keep 64 bit Viso along with 32 bit office 2013?

Can you provide some snips of the errors? I don't quite understand what's going on, Visio is trying to install Office.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/262005-can-i-keep-64-bit-viso-along-32-bit-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Just wondering if there is a path to the EULA that is currently installed on my computer, that I can read from the installation and not from various sites on the internet. Its Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013, sourced thru HUP. Specifically, wanting to know how many copies can I install on my desktop and or laptop. Read conflicting answers, such as only 1 Period! others up to 3 etc. Currently installed on my win 8.1 machine, and would like to replace a 2010 version on my Win 7 machine.

A:My Office 2013's EULA

Select the File tab on any of the programs, Excel for example.

Then select Account

Then go to the Blue question mark - About Excel

Under the product ID select View the Microsoft Software License Terms

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/320178-my-office-2013s-eula.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm looking to change the boring Office icons and I've been temporarily successful until a reboot. Windows then has no idea of what to use for the icon and I have to run a repair on Office.

Where I'm trying for this change to take place is......C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Microsoft Office 2013

BTW, I'm using a 3rd party app to get around the permissions issue. Windows needs a "sudo" command.....!

Has anyone been successful at this or a similar quest?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/34925-office-2013-tweak.html
Relevancy 53.32%

hey guys i have a quick question about Office 2013 i am going to be fixing another laptop soon and using it as my own personal backup and would like to put Office 2013 on it through my personal Microsoft account will it work because if not i will have to use Office 2007 on it

A:Office 2013 question

What version of Office 2013 are you talking about. There are a few versions of it such Home Premium, 365, Pro, etc..
If you only have the License Code for one computer then you can only install it on one computer. I think there are some versions that have Family Pack installations, but these are included in the purchase price.
There are also Business versions as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/322471-office-2013-question.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I've recently installed MS Office 2013, but due to its uglyness, I'd rather work with MS Office 2010. So I tried to uninstall Office 2013 and everytime I click the uninstall button at the Control Panel, windows shuts down... Removing the files doesn't work either, I get the message that the file is already being used. Unlocking it with Lockhunter didn't work too.

So please help!

Regards,

Tom

A:Can't uninstall Office 2013

Are you dual booting by chance?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/259531-cant-uninstall-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This is driving me up the wall I'm never going to use the program s but my teenager who is in high school wanted office Now he's only used office and may not know how to work this version I wanted to get it installed of sign 2013, tell please? someone to how me office out Can for him before he got home and it went smoothly But when I opened up powerpoint and signed into office it just won't let me sign him off I go to file account andthen click on sign off in powerpoint but the thing is asking Can someone tell me how to sign out of office 2013, please? me if i want to remove the account All i want to do is simply sign out I don't understand why it won't let me And it's all of the office programs in No place at all where I can sign him out once he's singned in Something just isn't right about that Is like I'm hostage or something Anyhow If anyone knows Can someone tell me how to sign out of office 2013, please? what I'm missing please help me out here Thanks I'm getting ready to throw this thing i'm so frustrated right now

A:Can someone tell me how to sign out of office 2013, please?

Hi flashbone take a look at the link below

Office 2013 "Sign in" and Cloud Capabilities - Turn On or Off

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/283247-can-someone-tell-me-how-sign-out-office-2013-please.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
I installed office 2013 and i just noticed that i have two icons of it in programmes section so could anyone help me?
Thanks
Screenshot:

A:Office 2013 Problem!

Have you restarted your system after the install? If not, restart your system and look again.
Can you move your horizontal scroll bar towards the right so that you can see the columns on the right?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/43758-office-2013-problem.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all: I purchased the MS Office 2013 Professional Plus using the Home Use Program and installed it with no problem. BUT I installed the 64 bit version on my Windows 7 Home computer(64 bit) and what I have been reading is that I should have installed the 32 bit version. Is there an 'EASY' way to convert the 64 bit version to a 32 bit version? One of the reasons I want to change is because the Service Pack 1 will not install on the 64 bit version even though I went to the Microsoft Download Center and selected the 64 bit version of the SP1 to download. Any help? Thanks to all who answer.

Dan

A:Office 2013 change 64 bit to 32 bit

Internally 32 bit and 64 bit applications are very different and there is no way to convert one to the other. You would have to uninstall the 64 bit version and than install the 32 bit version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/323542-office-2013-change-64-bit-32-bit.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an ASUS with 8 Gb RAM and with windows 8.1. I'm writing my thesis, and the word file now has 10 Mb, and as i'm scrolling down, the RAM starts increasing to 3, 4 even 5 Gb. I don't know what it is. I have already tried with office 10 and the same thing happens.
Any help with be much appreciated.
Sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong way.

Jos?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/54650-office-2013-occupying-4-gb-ram.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Is there any color backgrounds to add to Office 2013, other then the awe full white, grey and dark grey.

A:Office 2013 themes

I want find too, but there seems no one.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/30793-office-2013-themes.html
Relevancy 53.32%

When I try to write a letter or memorandum or email in Act 6.0.3.979 using Microsoft Office 2013 32 bit, a window pops us and says: "Act! Could not open our word processor. This may be a result of inadequate security permissions in Windows. ACT! Word Processor" and I close this window and another window pops up and says: "The word processor driver is not running."
What do I do now? Can this be fixed. I changed all the permissions in ACT to allow. Still doesn't work.
Thanks for any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/act-6-0-3-979-microsoft-office-2013-%C2%96-32-bit.1136922/
Relevancy 53.32%

Its a long story, and ongoing via Trading Standards but I bought a copy of Microsoft office from a pc support company who installed it for me. BUT they used software I know the name of but cant mention it here to produce a key. They are refusing to reply to my emails and I have spoken to MS but had no reply from them. Does anyone know the UK contact number? It reports as inactive - see image. I need to speak to MS UK please?

A:Bad Copy - MS Office 2013

Originally Posted by elbmek

Its a long story, and ongoing via Trading Standards but I bought a copy of Microsoft office from a pc support company who installed it for me. BUT they used software I know the name of but cant mention it here to produce a key. They are refusing to reply to my emails and I have spoken to MS but had no reply from them. Does anyone know the UK contact number? It reports as inactive - see image. I need to speak to MS UK please?

Here is the uk phone number it is a free call from bt but might charge you from mobile
0800 279 6211
They in Reading Berkshire
If you need the address let me know ok
Good luck

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38647-bad-copy-ms-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Office 2013 loads, all facets work except Word.
When trying to open Word computer closes down!!
Anyone solved this??

A:Office 2013 in Windows 8

1. Welcome to Tech Support Guy

2. More than likely an add-on
Start Word (or Excel) in safe mode.
Hit Windows key + R to open run
Type in &#8220;WinWord /safe&#8221; or &#8220;Excel /safe&#8221; to open in safe mode

3. Does it open OK in Safe Mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2013-in-windows-8.1100717/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,
I have installed office 2013 professional. I noticed some problems with my office 2013.
In my templates folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033), I find something that is not related to office 2013.

And my office 2013 is 64-bit, install under Program Files, but when I repair or configure it, the setup always create few files in Program Files (x86).
How can I stop this to happen?

Thank.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/64941-office-2013-problem.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Why can't I load Microsoft office 2013 into win 8? All I get is this message.

I have Office 2013 and it installed and works fine on my PC.

Are you trying to install it, or run the product once installed?

If installing, how are you trying to do that? From a download from MS? From an installation DVD? From a USB stick?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/32047-microsoft-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

After the redstone update the audio had issues along with few minor other bugs. I ended up resetting the PC and fixing the audio issue but now it is the office installation which is causing a headache. I get the error app not supported or something similar. However the office desktop version in question is running fine on the other laptops on the same build and before the reset it was working just fine on the laptop. What gives??
Any fixes?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435433-office-2013-app-not-supported.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am sorting out a PC and software for a UK Registered Charity. They need Access so it means a professional version of Office. I am looking to save money where I can as it is a charity and have been offered the following:

Bit worried about the term "Dummy licence"!
Would disclose the company who are offering this via a PM if required.
Can anyone advise me on this please?

A:MS Office Professional Plus 2013

You will only need a full version of Access is you will need to edit/create forma, reports, etc. You can use the free Access runtime to "run" Access applications and enter data.

The only PC/Workstation that needs a Full version of Access is the one doing development for the application.

I have many users that run my Access applications with just the free Access runtime.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/320286-ms-office-professional-plus-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi All Since I know diddly squat about Mac computers other than they have a few icons like the iPhone does my sister in-law has brought a Mac computer and told them she wants Office Outlook on it so Mac a on Office computer 2013 they put on Office Everything has been going fine with it until recently after opening Outlook she clicks on an email to open it and it wont open if she right clicks it and clicks on Open then it opens it has previously opened with just clicking on it I somehow think she has clicked on some setting or maybe some update has changed a setting had this happen with a Windows computer If anyone has any ideas at all as to what it was that was changed to stop email opening normally that would be fantastic this happens in all folders not just inbox As to the computer itself they brought it in the last week and knowing them would have brought the fastest whiz-bang one available I have had a look through the ribbon and looking for options but nothing seems to stand out as to any other email function everything else works perfectly Office 2013 on a Mac computer and she is able to send and receive its just this one problem Serena nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2013-on-a-mac-computer.1103288/
Relevancy 53.32%

I need to purchase a couple of licenses for Office 2013. Due to incompatibilities I cannot use Office 2016.

All of the searching I've done only shows office 2016 for sale.

A:Where Can I Purchase MS Office 2013?

Amazon has Office 2013 home and student:
http://www.amazon.com/Office-Home-Student-2013-1User/dp/B009SPUE72

https://hardforum.com/threads/where-can-i-purchase-ms-office-2013.1885617/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
Just under a year ago I bought a secondhand Lenovo T400 with MSOffice 2013 installed and, supposedly, ready to use.

Each time I have used it in the last week a message has come up asking me to activate as there are now only 23 days left.

I have run the automatic microsoftactivation that comes with the whole pack and it says that it is now activated. However, it lies. I am still getting the 'go activate' message.

It has asked me for the original email address used or a product key. I have no idea where to find a product key. None of my own email addresses works. I do have the email address of the person from whom I bought the laptop and have asked for his help but not received a reply.

Should I try inserting his email address, or do you think he would have had a product key.

Thanks for your help
Joan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/cant-activate-office-2013-a-1093234.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have been looking at purchasing office 2013. I noticed a lot of people that have both 32bit and 64bit on the same disk. Now is there anyway to seperate the two editions? Thank you.john

A:office 2013 x64/x32 setup dvd

RBCC

I believe they come in 2 separate DVDs inside the box

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/291826-office-2013-x64-x32-setup-dvd.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this query I recently upgraded from to and I'm having some problems with the performance of I'm not saying the only problem is with Outlook I'm just not mentioning the other modules because I haven't used them all that much Outlook - Scrolling with a wheel mouse through emails causes one of the columns 'to date whatever' to scroll fast but everything to the right of the left-most column has to catch up Literally quot is scrolling quickly I switch to Outlook and maybe 2013 Performance Office of the Office 2013 Performance window is seen The rest is greyed out If I tab it will refresh the window and i'll be able to see it If I'm typing in an email the window will stop recording the keystrokes then it will catch up and there is the sentence I just type out All problems seem to be related to graphics It's like being a slow web connection or having a slow processor that cannot keep up w graphics AMD powerXpress has Outlook high performance rather than energy saving I do not appear to be taxing my system at all Everything is snappy and quick

A:Office 2013 Performance

That was a huge upgrade, from 2003 A lot of new requirements for 2013. Regarding graphics:
"Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX10 graphics card and a 1024 x 576 or higher resolution monitor"

What you can try is go to the File menu (in any office app, it's global Office settings) - Options - Advanced. In the Display section, check Disable hardware graphics acceleration.

Hope that helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/343335-office-2013-performance.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, All:

I have office 2013 installed. It freezes every time I leave it for a while and come back to it after wards. Only the office freezes nothing else. Windows 7 is fine. No viruses. I need to be able to use office 2013.

Relevancy 53.32%

A:Bad Copy - MS Office 2013

Originally Posted by elbmek

Here is the uk phone number it is a free call from bt but might charge you from mobile
0800 279 6211
They in Reading Berkshire
If you need the address let me know ok
Good luck

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/38647-bad-copy-ms-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
I hope someone can help. Brand new hp laptop came with windows 7 installed but also windows 8 disc.
I upgraded to windows 8 and then to 8.1 . No problems.

I then tried to install Office Home & Business 2013, The following then happens----

1. I ENTER PRODUCT CODE NO PROBLEM
2. I SELECT COUNTRY UNITED KINGDOM NO PROBLEM
3. OPTION TO VERIFY LANGUAGE IS GREYED OUT SO I PROCEED TO 4 BELOW
4. THE CONTINUE BUTTON IS GREEN, I GO TO CLICK ON THIS AND AS SOON AS THE MOUSE HOVERS OVER IT
THE BUTTON CHANGES TO GREY BEFORE I CLICK ON IT.WHEN I DO CLICK ON THE CONTINUE BUTTON IT STILL
STAYS GREY AND NOTHING HAPPENS. MOVE MOUSE AWAY BUTTON GOES BACK TO GREY.

Am i doing something daft ? i've tried six times but always the same result.

All ideas and suggestions welcome.

Thanks Dom.

A:Office 2013 will not install

Hi there
1) ensure any old / previous Office version is uninstalled - including any Demo / invasionware type of product.
2) Copy the contents of the DVD to disk - keep folders in same order
3) go to the relevant x86 / x64 folder (depending on whether you want to install the 32 or 64 bit version).
4) run the setup EXE file.

Step 2) might appear unnecessary but I've found in the past sometimes copying to HDD before install works whereas installing from DVD sometimes fails. Don't ask me why - I've had this with perfectly good DVD's and nothing wrong with the DVD writer either.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36105-office-2013-will-not-install.html
Relevancy 53.32%

alright guys I am in need of your opinion i have heard good things about both Office 2010 and 2013, but I am not sure which one is better, I can get both through my college, but I am just not sure which one would be best to use thanks guys i really appreciate it a lot

A:Office 2010 or 2013

You better check into the fine points about the licensing terms.

Including these questions:

Can the product be installed on more than 1 PC at a time and are there any restrictions as to the type of PC: desktop, laptop, etc?

Is the product restricted to the first PC to which it is installed or can it be installed to any single PC in the future, without restrictions?

Do you get a factory-made retail disc or just a download of some type that must be burned to a disc?

Are there recurring fees, such as a monthly or annual charge? Or do you pay just once and never again?

It seems that Microsoft's goal in the long term is to drive everyone toward recurring fees, like a subscription that must be renewed for the software to continue to function. You can avoid that with Office 2010 if you buy the right type of license. I'm not sure about 2013.

And you need to understand which of the Office applications are included: Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, etc, etc. There are numerous packages with different names.

Functionally, you won't find major differences and can become accustomed to either.

I'd worry most about the licensing details.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/339864-office-2010-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

For some reason after I click on any of the icons for Office (Word, Access, etc.) all that happens on my laptop is that the spinning wheel will appear next to the pointer, then disappear, and nothing else happens. The Office applications simply won't load.

Someone please help because I need this laptop for school and work.

A:Office 2013 not loading

Welcome to Windows EightForums, KingKongWarle.

I suggest running this at least three times:

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/23172-office-2013-not-loading.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I mean, compared to 2010, does it have any disadvantages?

A:Is Office 2013 worth getting?

It costs money. It has a really funky smooth scrolling animation. I personally don't like it, but it can be disabled with a registry hack. It's very limited in terms of themes too, you get a choice of white, silver, or slightly darker silver.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/22141-office-2013-worth-getting.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have recently installed MS Office Pro Plus 2013, and every few minutes a small window comes up that says

Code:
Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013
It stays up for a few seconds, the progress bar goes about halfway, stops, and then the window closes.

I used task manager to track the process, it's CSISYNCLIENT.exe, located in the OFFICE15 folder in Microsoft Shared.

The window is really starting to interfere, as it shows itself over top of any other running programs, causing fullscreen programs to minimize.

Is there any way to fix this?

A:Office 2013 problem

What happens if you do this:

Quote:
1. Disable Windows Search service (WSS)

2. Stop WSS

3. Open Outlook 2013 to start MS Office 2013 configuration process.

4. Enable WSS

5. Start WSS

Listed from here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/296905-office-2013-problem.html
Relevancy 53.32%

General question.................I'm running Office 2010 32bit version on a 64bit machine. Can I install, without removing office 2010, Office 2013 64 bit edition and run as well. ????

I've assumed yes as files would be in installed in the 'Program Files' folder whilst Office 2010 files are in 'Program Files (x86)' folder.

A:Installing Office 2013 when.......

According to Microsoft this will not work, they state that all 32bit versions must be removed when installing a 64 bit version. it is possible to run the 32 bit versions of 2010 and 3013, but it's not recommended and may cause serious issues

Information about how to use Office 2013 suites and programs (MSI deployment) on a computer that is running another version of Office

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/325350-installing-office-2013-when.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, MS Office has been giving me grief! I've searched the different solutions for the freezing and bluescreens, and I think I have it manageable now.

MS Word still freezes though. I've uploaded the dmp files. Could someone tell me what the situation is, and offer some timely advice?

Kind Regards, Trevor

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/375841-freezing-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've been waiting to test the new Office beta longer that Windows 8! I'm so excited to see the newly designed UI that will pair with Windows!

Rumor has it that it will be next week!

[Rumor]Office 2013 Beta Release Coming Next Week ! | Windows 8 Beta

A:Office 2013 beta!!

Better watch for this one too..

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/7376-office-2013-beta.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I need my MS Office 2013 Product Key to reinstall it.  During a MS Windows 10 upgrade my PC hung and my only recovery kept my private file but lost all the OEM software. I know that my X1 came with a copy of MS Office, but the Lenovo order detail does not show that my laptop will come with a copy of  MS Office.  I have my order number and my model:  20BSCTO1WW ThinkPad X1 Carbon $1738.01. I have talked to the sales department and customer service.  They are no help.  They could not tell me the Product Key or even if I go MS Office as part of the pre-install. Could lenovo provide me with a product key for MS Ofice 2013, please? DOGGONE 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/What-is-My-MS-Office-2013-Product-Key/td-p/3449090
Relevancy 53.32%

Looks like the RTM of Office 2013 is up for download now. Getting ready to update it myself right now..

A:Office 2013 RTM on Technet

Office 2013 - 666.67MB I can just smell doom on this one lol.

I'm downloading now, and I'll give it a try and see if I can last longer that the one day I managed with the preview.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10368-office-2013-rtm-technet.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I am turning to all the computer geeks out there for advice.

I have office 2013 installed.  Brand new machine.  The problem is that it freezes only when in office 2013.  why?  Is there a patch I have to download?

Time of this report: 12/27/2014, 08:35:21
       Machine name: NANCY-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
       System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/23/13 17:09:21 Ver: 04.06.05
          Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3486MB RAM
          Page File: 1734MB used, 5234MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

A:Office 2013 freezing

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561128/office-2013-freezing/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,
While working on outlook 2013 (x86) I had a sudden crash . I would be grateful if someone could help!
Thanks,
Giorgina

A:BSOD while using office 2013

Welcome aboard, Giorgina

Run Chkdsk /f /r following the option two of the tutorial Disk Check.

Check if the HDDs are properly connected. Better reseat all the sata and power cables.

Run RAM - Test with Memtest86+ for at least seven passes to ensure that the the memory is working OK.

Let us know it these worked or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249353-bsod-while-using-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

It seems like at least every other day there is some issue with office It breaks at random The only way to fix it is to uninstall reinstall and even that sometimes doesn't work They have a fix uninstall tool even with this occasionally I have to go into the registry and clean out other related things Nearly everytime I try to add Lync with office it breaks office also installing Visio does the same 2013 Office Rant!!! thing Today I have run into an issue which required using a new ost file on top of Office 2013 Rant!!! uninstalling and cleaning up and then re-installing I guess microsoft is great for job security Yes I tried repairing the ost first I hate hate hate office Online key registration It nearly Office 2013 Rant!!! never activates Office 2013 Rant!!! over the internet for me maybe out of times The phone activation absolutely sucks Basically office breaks constantly sometimes on it's own with no excuse at all no windows update nothing new installed you can't easily install other microsoft software with it You can't easily activate it You are forced to use an online account It breaks it breaks it sucks it sucks End rant Please feel free to share your frustrations with Office I feel so alone right now lol

A:Office 2013 Rant!!!

No zingo156, no.

You are not alone my friend.

There are thousands of us out here, nay, dare I say millions, cursing what MS has done with the MS Office Suite.

Libre and Open are being downloaded in this moment by thousands and thousands and more and more businesses.

We feel your pain and we understand it as well.

Winterland

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553631/office-2013-rant/
Relevancy 53.32%

i have a L440 w/ Office 2013.  Office crashed and need to reload.  can't find a download link for reinstall

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:L440 Office 2013

Hi Camoman,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

We understand that you want to reinstall the office 2013 in your L440 laptop.

Please find the LINK to reinstall the office 2013.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best Regards,

Poojitha.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo! If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/L440-Office-2013/td-p/3267842