Windows Support Forum

Uninstalled a potentially important program

Q: Uninstalled a potentially important program

I purchased this laptop about potentially program a important Uninstalled a week ago off of Amazon Link Amazon com ASUS Uninstalled a potentially important program quot HD Core i Laptop GB RAM amp GB Hard Drive Computers amp Accessories Today in an attempt to fix a problem I was having I uninstalled a program Not exactly sure what it was called but I think it had Qualsoft in the name It came with the laptop After I Uninstalled a potentially important program removed it it was no longer able to connect to the web It didn't even list the available networks After I hit restart There were some updates scheduled to run after the next restart and they failed The screen has been stuck on a message for a couple hours that says quot Failure configuring Windows features Reverting changes Do not turn off your computer quot Will edit for updates after it manages to restart Edit once it restarts it goes right back to attempting to update and back to the green Failure screen Is it a bad idea to turn off the computer

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Uninstalled a potentially important program

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Uninstalled a potentially important program

I think you've uninstalled the Qualcomm software which is for internet connection. Windows updates requires internet connection to download the updates, that's why the updates failed.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/53015-uninstalled-potentially-important-program.html
Relevancy 85.14%

So the other day I was trying to uninstall some fluff programs from my computer (after apparently downloading some pretty violent malware) and I accidentally uninstalled a program that I guess helped web images load up properly. Since then I've been getting everything from broken image links, to adds and forum posts with jumbled images and even this weird static cut-off thing. Help me find/replace the program please? Sure, it's bearable but it's ugly and driving me nuts.

I use Google Chrome for a web browser. Here are some screenshots for the problem I've been having:

A:I Uninstalled An Important Image Program From My Computer

Seems like it is time for a refresh or restore.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/41931-i-uninstalled-important-image-program-my-computer.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I deleted some rarely used programs and defragged. My computer now runs very slow. I downloaded a few anti-virus programs (MalwareBytes, Spyware Terminator, and of course Spybot S&D) and they didn't catch anything. Now I have massive lag. I have a Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop with 528 RAM, Windows XP, and I'm essentially a noob when it comes to this. I want to thank you guys for your help ahead of time.

A:Uninstalled programs now I have MASSIVE lag! Did I delete something important???

Welcome to TSG... Please clarify what you actually did.

Uninstalling a program implies you used the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. "Deleting" has another meaning entirely.

Raybro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalled-programs-now-i-have-massive-lag-did-i-delete-something-important.821998/
Relevancy 63.64%

I just uninstalled Office 2010 using the uninstaller and the Windows updater keeps installing important updates for it ~300 MB at a time. How do I stop this?

A:Windows keeps installing important updates for uninstalled Office 2010

Which uninstaller did you use? The one in control panel > programs and features or something else? If programs and features you could try using the official Microsoft Fix it tool.

How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2010 suites

If still having issues you can try using the free 30 day trial version of Revo > forced uninstall option.

Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/274552-windows-keeps-installing-important-updates-uninstalled-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Can someone tell me what this is, other than what my antivirus is telling me...

About this Potentially Unwanted Program
Name: Generic PUP.d

Location: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{39C571A2-5C6A-433B-8AC6-DBD815F09639}\RP392\A0045864.exe

It gives me three options when it pops the alert up: Remove, Trust or close the alert. So far it's popped up about 5 times since yesterday morning and I've been telling it just close the alert.

Is this a virus or a security issue that I should let the anti-virus remove or should I let it trust it?

Thanks

A:Is it really a Potentially Unwanted Program?

I would trust it. Its potentially unwanted. Basically, the av does not know what it is.
Also System Volume is a for Restore Settings, I doubt you should be too worried.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-really-a-potentially-unwanted-program.684269/
Relevancy 59.34%

PLS HELP SOMEBODY =< (oops caps apologies..)
I have the same 'unwanted program' and mcafee cant remove it at all.. I can't restore my system to an earlier point no matter how I try to do this.. I just got it back from warranty too =< am really fed up spending far too much time trying to understand and adapt to this laptop (has its own outerworld character etc)
I need help as soon as conc=veniently possible as my system is beginning to show signs of instability.. I dont understand how the laptop contracted this unsafe 'whatever it is' in the first as i have registry mechanic clean the system regularly (at very least once every 2 days) mcafee has let me down!
Pls help
Em

A:Potentially unwanted program

Hi and welcome to TSG,

PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) are not always malicious. They are flagged because of the nature of the program as they can alter settings in your system or run scripts, etc.

If yours is like the other thread that I split you off from and is in system restore, then it's not a threat unless you restore your system to an earlier date.

Where is the file or pgoram located that McAfee is detecting as a PUP?

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe.

Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/potentially-unwanted-program.719154/
Relevancy 58.91%

McAfee detected this for the st time on MSDMXM Potentially Unwanted Program Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Msdmxm McAfee does not provide an option to fix or remove and McAfee site only provides the following Program Discovered Risk N A vil nai com vil content v htm An internet search results in varied info from it's not a threat to yes I really should remove it could be malware Please advise Thank you Program) (Potentially MSDMXM Unwated in advance for your assistance DDS Ver - - - FAT x Run by Lynn Anderson at on Sun Internet Explorer Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp att net uSearch Page hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo uDefault Page URL hxxp MSDMXM (Potentially Unwated Program) att net mSearch Bar hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sb sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp ie search msn com mSearchAssistant hxxp ie search msn com mCustomizeSearch hxxp ie search msn com uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd MSDMXM (Potentially Unwated Program) -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO LastWinDet Class e-bad - c-bcf - cf b - c program files unh solutions ie privacy keeper IEPKbho dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Yahoo IE Services Button bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c progra yahoo common yiesrvc dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptsn dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class f aa - - -b c -a ccdf cbf d - c program files yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll EB BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - No File EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun Yahoo Pager quot c progra yahoo messen YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe uRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil b exe mRun SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE mRun NovaBackup Tray Control quot c program files novastor novabackup NbkCtrl exe quot mRun Lexmark X Series quot c program files lexmark x series lxbfbmgr exe quot mRun IPInSightLAN quot c program files visual networks visual ip insight sbc IPClient exe quot -l mRun IPInSightMonitor quot c program files visual networks visual ip insight sbc IPMon exe quot mRun YBrowser c program files yahoo browser ybrwicon exe mRun zzz ImInstaller IncrediMail quot c documents and settings lynn anderson local settings temp iminstaller incredimail incredimail install exe quot -startup -product IncrediMail mRun Symantec PIF AlertEng quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a pifsvc exe quot a m quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a AlertEng dll quot mRun Pinnacle... Read more

A:MSDMXM (Potentially Unwated Program)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.My name is Syler, I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. Whilst I am helping you, I wouldbe grateful if you would note the following: Please do not run other tools or scans unless I ask you to and follow all the steps I give you, in order.
Copy and paste all logs requested in you reply, Do not attach them unless asked too.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask before you proceed with my instructions.
Please continue to work with me, until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If I do not hear back from you within 5 days of my last post, then this topic will be closed.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereNote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just update then run it.Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan (the scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient).When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply .Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.NextDownload random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Then please post back here with the following: MBAM log log.txt info.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/246272/msdmxm-potentially-unwated-program/
Relevancy 58.91%

A scan by my McAfee Program Unwanted and Trojans Potentially software has detected and quarantined trojans and detected only a potentially unwanted program Details of these are as follows - Detection Name Artemis F FCD Trojans and Potentially Unwanted Program A Trojan File C IQON INTERNET CONNECTION SETUP NETSMART INSTALL NETSMART EXE Trojans and Potentially Unwanted Program Detection Name Artemis F Trojans and Potentially Unwanted Program FCD A Trojan File C SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION RESTORE AD B A- ED- -AF -D CEC CE E RP A EXE Detection Name Proxy-OSS Potentially Unwanted Program Registry HKU S- - - - - - - Software Softwrap The DDS log is below and the other reports are attached as requested - DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Rachel at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files TalkTalk bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Supportsoft bin tgsrvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files VIAudioi SBADeck ADeck exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Belkin BelkinWCUI exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Documents and Settings Rachel Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search orange co uk all brand ouk amp tab web amp p adr amp q searchTerms uInternet Settings ProxyServer http hxxp www-cache freeserve com ftp http www-cache freeserve com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uSearchURL Default hxxp uk search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll BHO A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - No File BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptsn dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Wanadoo b d- fd- -b c- a f ee - c windows system WSBar dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun updateMgr quot c program files adobe acrobat reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun SpybotSD Te... Read more

A:Trojans and Potentially Unwanted Program

Hello -

For McAfee detection questions, you'd be better served asking in their support forums. They can help you more specifically about why McAfee is targeting these items.

http://community.mcafee.com/communit...ew=discussions

The first find you've listed seems to be similar to your previous topic, same folder. Seems McAfee doesn't care for what's in that folder, as internet connection setup files can be considered "dialers". Seems the folder likely came with the machine.

Artemis is a generic detection.

System Volume Information is System Restore's cache. When files get deleted, they are cached also. You can flush out System Restore and set a new clean point to be rid of that.

The registry item is very old adware, with no active loading point, what we call a "trace". I wouldn't worry myself about it.

Once again, I see no sign of active infection in these logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/trojans-and-potentially-unwanted-program-450293.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am getting this message since yesterday from McAfee

McAfee prevented a potentially unwanted program from running. Protect your PC by only allowing programs you trust.

About this Potentially Unwanted Program
Name: Adware-BProtect!DFF52BC406A7
Quarantined from: C:\ProgramData\Network Acceleration\Network Acceleration.dll

What shall I do? Shall I delete this folder? or Is there need to download any tool? If yes, then what is the use of McAfee?

rgds..vivek

A:Potentially Unwanted Program Blocked

A Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) is a very broad threat category which can encompass any number of different programs to include those which are benign as well as malicious. Thus, this type of detection does not always necessarily mean the file is malicious or a bad program. PUPs in and of themselves are not always bad...many are generally known, non-malicious but unwanted software usually containing Adware or bundled with other free third-party software to include toolbars, add-ons/plug-ins and browser extensions. PUPs are considered unwanted because they can cause undesirable system performance or other problems and are sometimes installed without the user's consent since they are often included when downloading legitimate programs. PUPs may also be defined somewhat differently by various security vendors and may or may not be detected/removed based on that definition. That fact adds to confusion and a lot of complaints from end users asking why a detection was not made on a particular file (program) they are having issues with.To learn more about PUPs and how you get them, please read: About those Toolbars and Add-ons - Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs)Some programs falling into the PUP category have legitimate uses in contexts where an authorized user or administrator has knowingly installed it. Since PUP detections do not necessarily mean the file is malicious or a bad program, in some cases the detection may be a "false positive". Anti-virus scanners cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert you or even automatically remove them. If you installed, use or recognize the program and it is not causing an issues, then you can ignore the detection.Accelerator.dll - Speedbit Accelerator (Accelerator) file informationNote: Many anti-virus programs and some security scanners have options to include or exclude the detection of PUPs because of how they are defined. If your anti-virus is not finding any PUPs, then most likely the settings have been set to exclude or ignore detection. If your anti-virus is finding but not removing PUPs, then most likely the settings are set to detect but not take any action.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522070/potentially-unwanted-program-blocked/
Relevancy 58.91%

My mom's computer recently was "infected" by mywebsearchtoolbar or somthing like that, she said she got rid of it, but now McAfee is coming up with something diff. There is alot of detections of MWS (Potentially Unwanted Programs) some have been repaired(removed), some say cannot be repaired. These new 1's are all mostly named a03718xx.dll or
exe (xx=numbers 38-62). Im not very computer savy any help would be greatly appreciated, included a hijackthis log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mcafee-potentially-unwanted-program.862176/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello First of all I have never used any type Potentially Program Unwanted Detected of forum site for help but I am in desperate need of a problem that I can not fix I have an Intel R Core TM Duo CPU processor GB RAM and Windows Vista -bit Operating System For the last two days I have been receiving a pop up message from McAfee such as McAfee has blocked a potentially unwanted program PUP on your computer If you do not recognize it we recommend that you remove Potentially Unwanted Program Detected the program About this Potentially Unwanted Program Name Generic PUP x el Location C Program Files SpaceQuery spacequery dll Spyware adware and other potentially unwanted programs can harm your computer compromise its security and damage valuable files It asks me quot What would you like to do quot and I select the option quot Remove this program quot then when I press OK this message pops up To remove these programs using the McAfee uninstaller click OK Or click cancel and then manually remove using the vendor s uninstaller I click ok and the message still pops up over and over again Today I can t click without the message popping up What am I to do Thanking you in advance for the help nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
AVG Pro found the following: SpywareGeneric.D in C:\Program Files\HijackThis\Backup-20040515-191212-897-PowerReg SchedulerV2.exe.
Should I just put it in the vault?
Awhile back I had a trojan that would make copies of files, and a backup folder, and move the real program into the backup folder. I can't tell if this is similar or not. AVG is updated and hasn't found anything like this in a while, possibly from one of it's updates?
Thanks in advance,
patmac

Relevancy 58.91%

My McAfee popped up saying a potentially unwanted program detected that it has blocked it and recommends removing it at the bottom it asks what to do i ok to remove it and it comes back not sure what to do Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM potentially unwanted program detected on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files x Dell V dldtmon exe C Program Files x Dell V dldtMsdMon exe C Program Files x Dell Remote Access ezi ra exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C PROGRA COMMON McAfee MSC McUICnt exe C PROGRA mcafee msc mcshell exe c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C potentially unwanted program detected Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet potentially unwanted program detected Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AIM Toolbar Search Class - f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - C Program Files x AIM Toolbar aimtb dll R - URLSearchHook no name - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - C Program Files x MyWebSearch bar bin MWSSRCAS DLL F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO - A FAF - E- cf- - F A D - C Program Files x MyWebSearch bar bin MWSSRCAS DLL O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files x MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AIM Toolbar Loader - b cda -b - eef-a - a ac dbf - C Program Files x AIM Toolbar aimtb dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/potentially-unwanted-program-detected.861963/
Relevancy 58.48%

I used an uninstaller to remove some files as the left over bits were slowing my computer down, the uninstaller was called REVO Uninstaller, but i unknowingly deleted something important for the start menu it appears because the start menu no longer displays the system files and folders and programs i installed.
http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/y...Untitled-1.jpg

So now, every program i had is still there, but i can't access it from the start menu, i have to go into my computer, then find the programs company name, then access it. I tried creating a new account but it has also affected that one so i am stumped as to what happened. I can ordinarily solve most of my computer's problems, but this one i cant seem to fix.

A:I uninstalled a program and now i can't see all my program files in the start menu, h

It looks like you are running in Classic Mode? Right click the Start button/Properties and choose Start Menu. instead of Classic Start Menu. You may be using a Default profile.
Go to C:\Users open up your original User Profile name. Copy the Start Menu, Desktop, Favorites, Music, Pictures etc and paste them into the new profile name you are using to log into.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-uninstalled-a-program-and-now-i-cant-see-all-my-program-files-in-the-start-menu-h-659480.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

there is this "adware ad-blaster" installed on my computer that I am unable to get rid of. My mcafee anti-virus detects it as an unwanted potentially program. It's not even in my "add and remove program" so I can't manually remove it. The mcafee anti-virus is unable to delete it.
I am running a windows vista Home premium.

Any help could be very thankful
Thanks in advance.

A:Adware Ad-blaster Unwanted Potentially Program

Run a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware ,Free Home version. For Vista you must run it frm Admin accoount. This should take care of it.After you download,install and update it it ,run the Scan from Safe ModeHow to start Windows in Safe Mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125303/adware-ad-blaster-unwanted-potentially-program/
Relevancy 58.05%

There is a quot potentially unwanted program quot that virus potentially I unwanted do How program remove wutop.exe scan found on our computer This virus may be a hijacker as it immediately dials up the internet when we turn the computer on If we let it it will go to its own websites and do whatever it wants to do as it has reset all our websettings It will not allow us do do anything of our own on the How do I remove wutop.exe potentially unwanted program web If we do not allow How do I remove wutop.exe potentially unwanted program it access to the internet it will freeze the computer and not allow us to do anything Obviously it has been causing major problems and we want to get rid of it However the virus scan is not able to clean delete or quarantine this program The explanation is that it is being used by Windows We have Windows ME We tried running the software in safe mode and it still would not remove delete or quarantine We tried to run the virus scan in DOS following the directions on this website and we kept getting an quot invalid entry quot error when we enter the third command CD NETWOR The direction say to enter CD PROGRA then CD COMMON then CD NETWOR etc and we never get beyond networ The online directions for running the virus scan in DOS said that they were for Virus scan or Are there different commands for virus scan We have a DELL computer that is about years old If there is something else we should try other than running the program in DOS that would be helpful to know as well Virus removal is a new thing for us and there is no information out there about this one that I could find It infected our computer on Dec Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:How do I remove wutop.exe potentially unwanted program

hello, jason26, i am not a guru or geek (yet), but i have learned a little on this site!

first click on the link to the lavasoft site below and download adaware se personal.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware
you can copy the above url, and past it to your browser address window.

then run that program...to get you started just hit the start button. next click full system scan...and go make a pot of coffee, because the scan takes a while.

then open the logfile and be amazed at all who are tracking you!

right mouse click on any object will give many options, including info on that object. you can click a check mark in the empty box if you don't like that particular object, and if you have hundreds of cookies, you can select them all, with your right mouse click on any of the objects. after you select the objecive objects, press the "next" button, confirm your delete, then close adaware!

next, click on the link for "Hijack This", and download that program:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/

this is the log that is needed to be posted!

after you run the setup, click the first box "do a system scan and save a log file"...this does not take long at all.

the only thing that you need to do at this point is click save a log file (in lower left hand corner)...save it wherever you like...my documents or whatever, then open the text file it created.

copy and past the entire log file to your next posting and then sit back and wait for the replies!

an important point to keep in mind is the difference in respondent's timing! this forum is like a semi-instant messaging service and many variables play part in the speed of your replies...it may take minutes or hours to gat your replies....f5 key will refresh your page, and e-mail replies will also be generated. (you may first need to take this site off your junk-mail list!

i hope this is helpful to you and best of luck,

Tigertamer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-remove-wutop-exe-potentially-unwanted-program.310541/
Relevancy 57.62%

A pre-scheduled scan of my pc was conducted today It returned an indication that I have a Potentially Unwanted Program The item name is Corrupt-EP McAfee Scan Indicates Program: Help. ?Corrupt-EP.? Potentially McAfee Unwanted indicated the status is Detected In the McAfee Scan Indicates Potentially Unwanted Program: ?Corrupt-EP.? Help. Details panel of the Scan Results under Items McAfee shows the following path Fine Name C Users Don Desktop Dell drivers R dir Also in the Details panel a link is provided for me to learn more about Corrupt-EP Clicking on that link brought me to a McAfee webpage http home mcafee com VirusInfo VirusProfile aspx key which was not very helpful It said that the risk assessment is N A date discovered was type is Program and DAT Required is As background I recently had Dell try to recover some files that I had accidentally deleted and they were not in the Recycle Bin They installed a number of programs in this attempt operating my pc remotely They were only able to retrieve a small number of files At the conclusions of Dell s efforts they uninstalled all of the programs that they used in this process This is the first McAfee scan conducted since Dell s efforts Using Windows Explorer I tried to view the path indicated above I could not find in the described path I seem to recall that the Dell technician working on my problem did create a folder labeled on my desktop during her efforts It is not visible now on the desktop either McAfee Security Center provides me with two choices regarding handling Corrupt-EP Remove or Trust My assumption is that this program is related to Dell s recent activity on my pc I m a bit skittish however as I recently lost some files so I would like some advice before I click the Remove option Yes I had my critical files backed up on an external hard drive Here is the info about my pc Dell Studio XPS MT desktop Intel Core i CPU GHz GB RAM -bit Vista Home Premium -bit Service Pack I would appreciate any advice Thanks Don

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302127/mcafee-scan-indicates-potentially-unwanted-program-corrupt-ep-help/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have uninstalled Sophos via Add/remove programs but it is still showing in the c drive, program files. Some of the files are causing problems - can I delete them from here?

Relevancy 56.76%

I was browsing Wikipedia this morning when a McAfee popup which has been expired for days indicated that I have a Potentially Unwanted Program I opened it up to learn more about it and did some tinkering I tried to do a full scan not really expecting much since as I said it was expired so I was surprised when it actually scanned It detected the potentially unwanted program PUP-FIW I think and took a while to scan the rest of my computer It got Antivirus My Expired McAfee Program By Potentially Discovered Unwanted up to scanned but it got stalled after that I turned off the computer turned it back on and tried to scan again When I got on the internet it didn't load my homepage I ended up doing a total Potentially Unwanted Program Discovered By My Expired McAfee Antivirus of three scans the third of which is ongoing as I currently type this it's also stalled on the at On my first scan I managed to isolate the PUP but then it scanned a second time and the PUP popped up again When I tried to isolate it a second time it didn't work Then I tried to scan a third time which is as I said on the last and so far it hasn't detected the PUP While it was scanning the first and second time and when I went on the internet McAfee would send new popups on new PUP's which looked similar to the first popup except the last digit on its number were different Just so you know I got this laptop as a birthday present around a month and a half ago with McAfee already installed for a set period It's a Dell Inspiron Series with Windows I've been using computers all my life but sadly I'm not very technology literate relying mostly on family members Potentially Unwanted Program Discovered By My Expired McAfee Antivirus to solve computer problems I'm not quite Potentially Unwanted Program Discovered By My Expired McAfee Antivirus sure I know what I'm doing Also I had issues yesterday with my computer too On Wednesday I was browsing the internet when the internet just sort of froze When I tried to click something on the website it would take so long to load that I'd just give up and exit I turned off the computer and turned it back on but it didn't solve the problem with the internet I went to sleep since it was midnight and did a system restore on Thursday to an earlier point It didn't restore as smoothly as I hoped since a lot of pre-installed apps weren't working so I had to download them again I thought everything was good until today and then the PUP happened I've already had a couple of scares before with the mouse not popping up or a black screen when I turn on my laptop but it always got fixed when I turned my laptop on and off I'm afraid of something screwing up my computer now so I'm thinking about potentially downloading another free anti-virus from the internet possibly AGV I'm also thinking about doing another restore but I read somewhere that you shouldn't do it when you have a virus since it could just make the problem worse I also read that there could be problems if I downloaded an antivirus while my laptop had a virus I'm not sure if I have a threat on my hands if it got fixed or if it was never a problem in the first place And why is my McAfee detecting scanning and potentially getting rid of viruses PUP's or other problems when it's expired I'm so confused

A:Potentially Unwanted Program Discovered By My Expired McAfee Antivirus

G'day minmin 11 and Welcome to BC.

I think the best way to go about this will be in the following manner.

1.Download another Free AV to your desktop, so it is sitting there ready for when you install it.
I think a good choice would be either AVAST  or  AVIRA

Do NOT install it until we have uninstalled the existing AV program

2. Uninstall McAfee....HERE
When it has uninstalled....be sure to REBOOT

3. Install your choice of AV's

4. If you do not already have it, install Malwarebytes from HERE

That will do to start with.

When you have finished that we will go further.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544584/potentially-unwanted-program-discovered-by-my-expired-mcafee-antivirus/
Relevancy 56.76%

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Boz administrator on infected... opening down working), Chrome (not Potentially upon shuts program DUBSONE - - Running from C Documents and Settings Boz My Documents Downloads Loaded Profiles Boz Available Profiles Boz amp Guest amp Administrator Platform Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack X Language English Potentially infected... Chrome (not working), shuts down upon opening program United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http Potentially infected... Chrome (not working), shuts down upon opening program www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Comodo Security Solutions Inc C Program Files Common Files COMODO launcher service exe ATI Technologies Inc C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe COMODO C Program Files Comodo COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Comodo C Program Files Comodo Chromodo chromodo updater exe Comodo Security Solutions Inc C Program Files Common Files COMODO GeekBuddyRSP exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe SupportSoft Inc C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe GEMTEKS C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe Linksys WPA UI CA C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WUSB Gv exe COMODO C Program Files Comodo COMODO Internet Security cavwp exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe SigmaTel Inc C WINDOWS stsystra exe SupportSoft Inc C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe Apple Inc C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe Research In Motion Limited C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers RIMBBLaunchAgent exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe COMODO C Program Files Comodo COMODO Internet Security cistray exe Comodo Security Solutions Inc C Program Files Common Files COMODO GeekBuddyRSP exe SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE BitTorrent Inc C Documents and Settings Boz Application Data BitTorrent BitTorrent exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Comodo Security Solutions Inc C Program Files Comodo GeekBuddy unit manager exe Comodo Security Solutions Inc C Program Files Comodo GeekBuddy unit exe COMODO C Program Files Comodo COMODO Internet Security cis exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqste exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe PeerBlock LLC C Program Files PeerBlock peerblock exe Comodo C Program Files Comodo Chromodo chromodo exe Comodo C Program Files Comodo Chromodo chromodo exe Comodo C Program Files Comodo Chromodo chromodo exe Comodo C Program Files Comodo Chromodo chromodo exe Comodo C Program Files Comodo Chromodo chromodo exe Comodo C Program Files Comodo Chromodo chromodo exe COMODO C Program Files Comodo COMODO Internet Security cmdvirth exe Comodo Security Solutions Inc C Program Files Common Files COMODO launcher service exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp gt C WINDOWS stsystra exe - - SigmaTel Inc HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup gt c Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe - - InstallShield Software Corporation... Read more

A:Potentially infected... Chrome (not working), shuts down upon opening program

==================== Restore Points =========================

Could not list restore points
Check "winmgmt" service or repair WMI.
==================== Hosts content: ==========================

(If needed Hosts: directive could be included in the fixlist to reset Hosts.)

2012-09-03 13:03 - 2013-03-05 16:35 - 00000053 ____A C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\etc\hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 www.flyordie.com
==================== Scheduled Tasks (Whitelisted) =============

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the task (.job) file will be moved. The file which is running by the task will not be moved.)

Task: C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Adobe Flash Player Updater.job => C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
Task: C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job => C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe
Task: C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\COMODO Cache Builder {0FB77674-7905-4F34-A362-C5A9A26F8CF9}.job => C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfpconfg.exe
Task: C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\COMODO Scan {F140D794-60B6-4F00-9235-D6457AA25B22}.job => C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfpconfg.exe
Task: C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\COMODO Signature Update {B9D5C6F9-17D2-4917-8BD0-614BAA1C6A59}.job => C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfpconfg.exe
Task: C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\COMODO Update {A6D52E4F-569B-4756-B3D8-DF217313DA85}.job => C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfpconfg.exe
Task: C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job => C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
Task: C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore1d0e9d76a98ab18.job => C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
Task: C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Microsoft Windows XP End of Service Notification Monthly.job => C:\WINDOWS\system32\xp_eos.exe

==================== Loaded Modules (Whitelisted) ==============

2012-04-24 22:34 - 2012-03-11 14:55 - 00088656 _____ () C:\WINDOWS\system32\cpwmon2k.dll
2015-01-20 23:35 - 2015-01-20 23:35 - 00073544 _____ () C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\zlib1.dll
2015-01-20 23:35 - 2015-01-20 23:35 - 01044776 _____ () C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\libxml2.dll
2005-10-27 19:26 - 2004-06-30 17:12 - 00077824 _____ () C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\Security.dll
2005-10-27 19:26 - 2002-04-24 00:00 - 00110592 _____ () C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\GEMWEP.DLL
2005-10-27 19:27 - 2003-10-13 15:30 - 00094208 _____ () C:\WINDOWS\system32\GTW32N50.dll
2013-04-15 18:39 - 2015-01-08 16:02 - 00061152 _____ () C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\scanners\smart.cav
2015-08-13 14:37 - 2015-08-13 14:37 - 00976064 _____ () C:\Program Files\Comodo\GeekBuddy\QtNetwork4.dll
2015-08-13 14:37 - 2015-08-13 14:37 - 02254528 _____ () C:\Program Files\Comodo\GeekBuddy\QtCore4.dll
2015-08-13 14:37 - 2015-08-13 14:37 - 08024768 _____ () C:\Program Files\Comodo\GeekBuddy\QtGui4.dll
2015-08-13 14:38 - 2015-08-13 14:38 - 00032960 _____ () C:\Program Files\Comodo\GeekBuddy\imageformats\qgif4.dll
2015-08-13 14:37 - 2015-08-13 14:37 - 01299648 _____ () C:\Program Files\Comodo\GeekBuddy\QtScript4.dll
2004-08-10 11:50 - 2008-04-13 18:11 - 00059904 _____ () C:\WINDOWS\system32\devenum.dll
2004-08-10 11:51 - 2008-04-13 18:11 - 00014336 _____ () C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdmo.dll
2015-03-26 00:34 - 2015-03-26 00:34 - 00956616 _____ () C:\Program Files\Comodo\Chromodo\ffmpegsumo.dll

==================== Alternate Data Streams (Whitelisted) =========

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, only the ADS will be removed.)

AlternateDataStreams: C:\WINDOWS\system32\certsentry.exe:$CmdTcID
AlternateDataStreams: C:\WINDOWS\system32\FlashPlayerApp.exe:$CmdTcID
AlternateDataStreams: C:\WINDOWS\system32\usbaaplrc.dll:$CmdTcID
AlternateDataStreams: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\mbam.sys:$CmdTcID
AlternateDataStreams: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\mbamchamele... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/potentially-infected-chrome-not-working-shuts-down-upon-opening-program.219001/
Relevancy 54.18%

Huge issue.

I have sygate firewall installed on my computer. The problem is, I can't open the program nor can I delete it off my computer. This has been going on for over a year but now, it's a must that the problem is taken care off. I can't log on to ftp sites because of this and it's really pissing me off.

I downloaded CCleaner but I still get the same message which is "Setup failed to launch installation engine. Class not registered."

Please help!

A:A Program That Does Not Want To Be Uninstalled.

That program may be corrupted. Have you tried reinstalling over the current verison then try to uninstall?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43690/a-program-that-does-not-want-to-be-uninstalled/
Relevancy 54.18%

I accidentally uninstalled the ISO program ( I THINK...a yellow disc icon) that rebooted my system
and when my windows started back up, the desktop looked completely different, kind of outdated.
There is no volume. No internet connection. And no easy way to get those back on...almost non existent.
What do I do!?

A:Uninstalled ISO program. NEED HELP!

What exactly did you uninstall? Volume, internet connection, desktop appearance.... these are totally unrelated to each other.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/315393-uninstalled-iso-program-need-help.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey I recently installed a program called YoutubeDownloader and uninstalled it quickly thereafter However since then I have been getting the message quot a program was blocked from changing your default search program... a after uninstalled Keep getting a message settings quot Keep getting a message after uninstalled a program... I downloaded HiJack this also but I get an error while scanning that says it was denied access to Hosts file I can still see the list of programs but I cannot save or see the log in notepad I have to admit I did try to fix it initially I saw some programs with the words YoutubeDownloader in it having to do with toolbars and figured I d try to fix it myself it was all well and good until I got the message again did the scan and lo and behold the same names were popping up on the HiJack this list So ya not entirely sure what to do and was hoping you might be able to help Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Keep getting a message after uninstalled a program...

Also, here is the DDS and attach files...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-getting-a-message-after-uninstalled-a-program.1011317/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok I thought I was being smart by removing programs that we don't use to free up space on our laptop. Well one of the programs I deleted had my email program connected with it and guess what? I now don't have my outlook email program. Can I fix this?

A:Uninstalled Wrong Program..........HELP

Outlook Express can be added by control panel- add/remove programs- add/remove windows components and checking Outlook Express box but have your XP install cd handy because it will no doubt ask for it

Outlook is part of MS Office and has to reinstalled from the Office install CDs

Good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/uninstalled-wrong-program-help-236363.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Is there any way you can restore an uninstalled program other than system restore? I already tried that but it didn't work.

A:Restoring an uninstalled program

No, just reinstalling.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restoring-an-uninstalled-program.708548/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi guys iam new to these forums but ive got a big Problem

i need to Uninstall Itunes from my computer but i cant find it anywhere. i tried add/remove feature its not listed there. i tried searching for the Uninstall feature that usally comes with these programs but i cant find that either.

what happen was my PC froze will updating/upgrading to the latest Itunes so i have to Unistall and reinstall but i cant find that Uninstall icon for the Life of me

can someone help?

thanks in advance

A:Cant Find a Program that needs to be Uninstalled.

just want to post a follow up

i found out that the Uninstall feature of Itunes has been deleted somehow.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-a-program-that-needs-to-be-uninstalled.37947/
Relevancy 53.75%

I had a program called counterspy an antispyware program that I uninstalled a few days ago and now I keep getting windows installer opening and trying to install this program every time I open certain programs: my email clients; outlook express and thunderbrid also when I open Pando and my removable drive anyone know what's going on?

Of course I cancel it and restarts and I cancel it and it restarts so I have to let it load so that it can't find the installer for the program and ask me for the location several times be fore it gives up. But once I open one of the above listed programs it starts all over.

A:Uninstalled Program keeps trying to reinstall on it's own

Download/install Dial-a-Fix from here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Dial-a-fix_d4899.html

Launch the program, place a check in the box:

Fix Windows Installer
Click Go

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalled-program-keeps-trying-to-reinstall-on-its-own.610276/
Relevancy 53.75%

hey all lately ive been searching for a free webcam program that is able to capture image stills ie snapshots I came across one called webcamspy i only downloaded it for that particular feature unfortunately it didnt work well with my webcam so i uninstalled it After restarting my computer i found starting uninstalled program up???? still that the programs icon still starts up in the task tray i tried uninstalling it uninstalled program still starting up???? again but its not listed in the add remove programs and there is no folder of it in program files i even went into the registry to delete uninstalled program still starting up???? the startup entry but couldnt find it there either I remember though that when i installed it it didnt install into the normal c program files directory instead it installed into system and it tried to overwrite some exsisting files but i denied it Somehow i think that i might have installed some mallecious software There are no other problems however apart from the icon still starting up in the task tray Anyone know what to do Thanks

A:uninstalled program still starting up????

Definately malware my friend. Post to HJT log and get it cleaned up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/uninstalled-program-still-starting-up-155106.html
Relevancy 53.75%

This is in My Computer

How can I get the icon to disappear?

A:I uninstalled the program but the icon won't go away

Have you rebooted your computer after uninstalling the program?

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/81165-i-uninstalled-program-but-icon-wont-go-away.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am still learning how my computer works and I'm having trouble retrieving one program I accidentally uninstalled. I don't understand how to save what I need after I use the system restore. The instructions don't elaborate on the save part and the program is necessary to make another program work. Any suggestions that might help me? Thank you so very much!

*Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8  to the appropriate forum. ~ Queen-Evie*

A:Retrieving an uninstalled program

was the program included with the computer when you purchased it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494955/retrieving-an-uninstalled-program/
Relevancy 53.75%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- hey all lately ive been searching for a free webcam program that is able up?? program still Uninstalled starting to capture image stills ie snapshots I came across one called webcamspy i only downloaded it for that particular feature unfortunately it didnt work well with my webcam so i uninstalled it After restarting my computer i found that the programs icon still starts up in the task tray i tried uninstalling it again but its not listed in the add remove programs and there is no folder Uninstalled program still starting up?? of it in program files i even went into Uninstalled program still starting up?? the registry to delete the startup entry Uninstalled program still starting up?? but couldnt find it there either I remember though that when i installed it it didnt install into the normal c program files directory instead it installed into system and it tried to overwrite some exsisting files but i denied it Somehow i think that i might have installed some mallecious software There are no other problems however apart from the icon still starting up in the task tray Anyone know what to do I posted in the Vista forum but then i was told it was malware and to post here Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/uninstalled-program-still-starting-up-155236.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i was checking a program when i noticed old programs i'd uninstalled still there.will it be ok to manually delete them?

A:Old Uninstalled Programs Still In Program File

Hello,

This is a common problem in windows. When a program is removed, the instal directory remains, mainly due to a untidy uninstaller.
In most cases it is safe to remove the folders of programs you have installed. Make sure not to delete any folders where the program it belongs to still exists, this will result in a ruined program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148770/old-uninstalled-programs-still-in-program-file/
Relevancy 53.32%

Today, I downloaded a StickyNotes program from cnet. It came with instructions for installing and uninstalling it. For whatever reason (aka, it didn't work or open, really), I decided to uninstall it, and I was instructed to delete the files containing the program- which I supposed was logical, considering it didn't show up in the "uninstall a program" section of the Control Panel. Now though, in the Notification Areas Icon drawer-thing, the program StickyNotes.exe is still running. I can't find where it is on my laptop otherwise. How do I get rid of it?

Windows 7. (I also currently have 2 working StickyNotes programs on my laptop that I wish to keep)

A:Background program still running even though it's been "uninstalled?"

Cnet installs adware with their downloads. You should run the programs below to remove the adware.

You can use Revo uninstaller to remove the program you downloaded and installed.
Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Delete.
Confirm each time with Ok.
You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Run the ESET Online Scanner.
Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
Click the button.
For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
Click the Start button.
Accept any security warnings from your browser.
Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
When the scan completes, click List Threats
Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
Click the Back button.
Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542905/background-program-still-running-even-though-its-been-uninstalled/
Relevancy 53.32%

I had frostwire installed but then I got a virus. I uninstalled frostwire and ran my anti virus and put the virus in the virus vault. I thought i was rid of the frostwire program but now everytime I try to download a torrent using Utorrent Frostwire shows up and takes over. I delete frostwire and folders from my start menu and clear my recycle bin. Frostwire is not in my add or remove programs or in my start menu after this but shows up when I try to download a torrent. I has never come back into add or remove programs but it continues to come back in my start menu. I do not know how to delete or get rid of this program.

A:How do I remove a program that has been uninstalled but keeps popping up

I downloaded STOPzilla and it found a trojan and a bunch of malware and spyware...My laptop is running very slwly now. I dont have the money to get a registration key for STOPzilla to remove the infections so I need to know what else I might be able to do to fix this problem. My computer is windows vista.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/383075/how-do-i-remove-a-program-that-has-been-uninstalled-but-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I had Kodak EasyShare installed on my comp, but it was never used, and it was a pain in the butt. I uninstalled it yesterday, and I deleted the Kodak folder in "Program Data" that wasn't uninstalled (for whatever reason).

But I'm still getting a Kodak registration dll error popup on startup, and it says that the required dll could not be loaded. Well, of course it can't, the program doesn't exist.

But where is this message originating? How do I get rid of it?
JohnC

A:dll error notice from an uninstalled program

It's possible that the program is loading as a "service" - in which case you wouldn't see it. To get at the services, type "Services" from the Start command bar and then look for the offending program. Sorry, I don't what that would be as I don't have Easy Share.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dll-error-notice-from-an-uninstalled-program.620623/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Everytime I start up my computer I get a RUNDLL error box with the following Error loading c Program Files Common Files aolshare aolshcpy dll I have uninstalled all AOL programs and applications at add remove programs but I continue to get this message at start-up I sent a hijack this log since I thought it may be registry relates-but not sure If I need to do further work in Hijack this please be specific-I m a beginner If a piece of AOL is still hung up in my computer I don t know Error uninstalled RUNDLL for program where or how to access and delete it I m a beginner but hope to figure this out Thanks Hmb Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe RUNDLL Error for uninstalled program C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network RUNDLL Error for uninstalled program Utility WLService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network Utility WLanCfgG exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exe c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr T Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr T Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr T Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files... Read more

A:RUNDLL Error for uninstalled program

Hi, Welcome to TSG!

Did you install Activity Logger?
Run HJT again and put a check in the following:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1228918908\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Register C:\Program Files\Common Files\aolshare\aolshcpy.dll] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" "C:\Program Files\Common Files\aolshare\aolshcpy.dll",DllRegisterServer

Close all applications and browser windows before you click "fix checked".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rundll-error-for-uninstalled-program.779644/
Relevancy 53.32%

So I uninstalled Adobe lightroom but it still shows up in the autoplay like in the attachment.

I'm asking for help as to how to eliminate this.

Thanks,
Antonio

A:Uninstalled program still showing in autoplay

Hello Antonio and welcome to Seven Forums.

As I understand it, Windows 7 uses AutoPlay Handlers to identify devices (like cameras) and Event Handlers to identify the device software. In order to remove these items from the AutoPlay dialog box, it's necessary to edit the registry. The usual cautions apply: if a mistake is made while editing the registry, your computer could become an expensive paperweight. So backup your registry by creating a restore point or exporting the registry.

Registry - Backup and Restore

This article, along with screen shots, should let you clean out those unwanted AutoPlay handlers.

Remove AutoPlay Handler from the Options List in Windows 7 / Vista / XP

In the alternative, you could search for "AutoPlay Repair Tool" or "AutoPlay Cleanup Utility" and find 3rd party software to accomplish the same registry modifications. Same caution: backup your registry before using any utility. This utility is one example of a 3rd party software:

OrangeBlue / Software / Autoplay Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/156483-uninstalled-program-still-showing-autoplay.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I downloaded a program, installed it, didn't like it, uninstalled it, but my pc won't let me delete the installer, it tells me its being used by another person or application. This even happens after a reboot. How do I get rid of it?

A:Program uninstalled, but I can't delete the installer. How do I get rid of it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-uninstalled-but-i-cant-delete-the-installer-how-do-i-get-rid-of-it.265779/
Relevancy 53.32%

exactly like the subject address saying, I try to know what programs are Uninstalled and when ?
is that possible even by a script ?

Relevancy 53.32%

My husband says he "accidently" uninstalled that program that automatically sets the screen resolution. It appeared in the taskbar as a little box with a number in it. I don't remember the name of the program and I've set the resolution manually however-now when I scroll through windows it stalls and doesn't roll smooth like it used to. please help me find that program again so that I can reinstall it. It would make my computer life soooo much nicer. Thanks.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi.

To make a long story short, I installed a program that works with images and then uninstalled it because it doesn't do the thing I needed it to. However, in a Winrar-style fashion, thumbnails of the images it would work with are replaced with the program's icon. This effect has stayed even though I uninstalled it. It's just an annoyance, but is there a way that I can get the image thumbnails back?

A:Image thumbnails still look like uninstalled program?

Not sure if this is what you mean but have you tried below?How to show thumbnail images in Windows Photo Gallery:Go to "Start""Control Panel""Folder Options""Select "View"" tab"UNCHECK "Always show icon, never thumbnails (see photo below)Then "Apply" and "OK."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426640/image-thumbnails-still-look-like-uninstalled-program/
Relevancy 53.32%

While in the process of updating some software, I noticed the update contained malware, and I canceled the update.  Now I am constantly asked to install this unwanted update.  How do I delete the uninstalled update from the system?  Thank you.  Fred Dreher

A:Removing an uninstalled program update

Contained malware.. what was the name of that file being downloaded? Never heard of malware being in Windows update before, but I guess its possible. You were updating through Windows update right?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509133/removing-an-uninstalled-program-update/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I have a problem with the Event Viewer. I want to remove an event log of a program that is no longer there on my computer. For example in the Application and Services section of Event Viewer, TuneUp is there from TuneUp Utilities. I am unable to permanently delete this log. Any ideas?

A:remove event log of uninstalled program

I'm curious: why do you want to do this? I mean, it's just a log. Are you seeing new entries even after uninstalling TuneUp Utilities?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/283787-remove-event-log-uninstalled-program.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello:

How does one remove remnants of a program that is already uninstalled and left behind components, folders and context menu selection.

Thank You.

A:how to remove remnants of program that is already uninstalled

There are a number of programs which can help you do this ... 
...I believe JunkwareRemovalTool is one of them, and you can find it in the resources here on BleepingComputer.

Cheers!

Jann

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527514/how-to-remove-remnants-of-program-that-is-already-uninstalled/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi i downloaded program called Astra. its program for electrical design into house.When i create new project this will happen(it cant open table which is written in excel)help me please.(sry for my bad english)

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/390256-program-cant-open-important-table.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I uninstalled myVapors software and now my fonts are messed up and it appears as if the resolution in certain windows is off as well.

I have attached examples.

I've tried resetting fonts in control panel>fonts. I tried setting my theme back to default windows aero. I tried changing monitor resolution. sfc /scannow found and fixed corrupt files but had no affect on my issue. I deleted font cache with ccleaner to no avail. I reinstalled myVapors and nothing changed. I'm running out of ideas.

Any thoughts?

A:Uninstalled a program and now font and some resolution are messed up.

Did you try running a restore point? Most likely the uninstall messed up some registry entries.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339812-uninstalled-program-now-font-some-resolution-messed-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi ExpertsI had installed TheGreenBow IPSec VPN Client on my laptop, then I uninstalled by using a utility called Revo Uninstaller.Then I used a utility from TheGeenBow website to clean completely leftover as belowhttp://www.thegreenbow.com/vpn_faq.htmlI cannot uninstall IPSec VPN Client softwareProblem: I cannot uninstall IPSec VPN Client software, it always asks to first uninstall the previous version.Solution: You can use our tool to clean the remaining components of IPSec VPN Client software.But whenever I installed a fresh copy a message pops up :you have a previous version ,,,,etcIs there any other utility helps me to clean a leftover registry for an uninstalled program ??Thanks

A:Remove leftover registry for uninstalled program

If you had a paid version then you need to contact their supporthttp://www.thegreenbow.com/support.htmlIf you are trying to reinstall the 30 day evaluation version then you need to buy the program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281590/remove-leftover-registry-for-uninstalled-program/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

Is it safe to delete program/s file/s in the registry? example is I uninstalled my Mcafee and changed it to a different AV and in the registry there is still files of network associates from Mcafee. Any advise please? Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

wondering if there is a tool that can use to remove all traces of previous programs that you have uninstalled. i know even if you uninstall a program there will still be traces of it left. not that itd harm anyone, but if i can have em gone, why not ?:P

A:program that deletes all traces of uninstalled programs ?

RevoUninstaller portable.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/65090-program-deletes-all-traces-uninstalled-programs.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I recently installed and uninstalled a program. However, the entry for the program still remains in the Installed Programs list in the Control Panel. I have examined the Registry keys under uninstall and I cannot find this program listed there to be manually deleted. How do I remove this entry? Any advice is appreciated.

A:Uninstalled program still listed in Installed Programs

have you done a reboot since you uninstalled the program?
Only time ive had this happen, there has been remainders of the program in program files. Deleting them solved the issue for me.

out of interest what is the program? ill do some searching to see if this is a common issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/195327-uninstalled-program-still-listed-installed-programs.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey, recently I uninstalled scorpionsaver with the tutorial here on the front page. It seems the program and files were deleted but the program is still in my uninstall list. Could this have something to do with my internet freezing up briefly at random moments?

A:wierd, program is uninstalled but it's still in uninstall list.

Maybe is some malware or something that when you want to uninstall that software that software installs again!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516749/wierd-program-is-uninstalled-but-its-still-in-uninstall-list/
Relevancy 52.46%

The last update:
October 15, 2011
Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538242)

After this update, a program was uninstalled (gone with no trace). The program had a screensaver option and I noticed it when the screensaver came up blank. Its shortcut was no longer on the desktop.

Two files I had created October 12th, and was working on were deleted.
I don't know if any other files were deleted.

The update before was October 11, 2011

This appears to be a rollback not unlike a system restore. Any ideas?

A:Update uninstalled program and deleted file

Welcome to the Windows Seven forum.

Did you install the package yourself? That update came through MS Update back in June. A previous release was in April. Perhaps you deleted some files or did a restore. Another posibility is that you loaded/installed a program with old redistributable files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/192214-update-uninstalled-program-deleted-file.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone I wanted to share a problem I had with my new anti-virus Program still Vista Security Uninstalled ON in Centre software I was looking in all the wrong places to solve it but in the end it wasn't the program but vista security centre I actually found the solution on another forum after many searches So by putting the solution here others may benefit Problem After uninstalling AVG and installing Uninstalled Program still ON in Vista Security Centre McAfee it kept coming up with AVG still installed on computer I ran all the removal tools and many other processes And after each one I thought it would be fixed but no The vista security centre was still showing AVG working properly even though not a sign of it was on the computer Then I found this solution on PC Hell Step by Step Procedure for Fixing Problem Right-click on My Uninstalled Program still ON in Vista Security Centre Computer Click on Manage Click on the plus sign next to Services and Applications in the left-hand column Click on Services Find the service Uninstalled Program still ON in Vista Security Centre called Windows Management Instrumentation right-click on it and choose Stop Open My Computer Double-click on Drive C or whatever drive Windows is installed on Double-click on the Windows folder Double-click on System Double-click on WBEM Right-click on the Repository folder and click Delete and remove it Close the My Computer windows and return to the Windows services screen using steps - shown above Find the service called Windows Management Instrumentation right-click on it and choose Start Restarting this service will rebuild the repository folder information Restart your computer Once the computer has restarted open Windows Security Center or run Belarc Advisor Only your currently installed antivirus and firewall programs should be listed I hope this will help someone else

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/263731-uninstalled-program-still-vista-security-centre.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Experts

I had installed TheGreenBow IPSec VPN Client on my laptop, then I uninstalled by using a utility called Revo Uninstaller.

Then I used a utility from TheGeenBow website to clean completely leftover as below
http://www.thegreenbow.com/vpn_faq.html
I cannot uninstall IPSec VPN Client software
Problem: I cannot uninstall IPSec VPN Client software, it always asks to first uninstall the previous version.
Solution: You can use our tool to clean the remaining components of IPSec VPN Client software.Click to expand...

But whenever I installed a fresh copy a message pops up :

you have a previous version ,,,,etc

Is there any other utility helps me to clean a leftover registry for an uninstalled program ??

Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

Well basically i uninstalled quot Fable Lost Chapters quot because it was using up space on my drive So i uninstalled the but in uninstall/install shows program. still Uninstalled game half way through the uninstallation the PC lagged so i used task manager to close the uninstaller My first mistake was right there after when i tried to uninstall it it said i had finished but everything was clearly still there So i read around the forums and i used a force uninstaller which worked fine except the quot fable lost chapters quot icon was still Uninstalled but still shows in uninstall/install program. in the quot uninstall or change program quot windows with no stats ie how big it is last altered ect Game was gone but the value was still there So i fished around the regeditor hoping to find it but no luck there I have also tried using quot C CLeaner quot to delete the entry but it gives me this error message quot Cannot delete MSI installer quot no idea what that means Anyone know a solution Oh yeah anyone who helps will get rep Thank You Regards DAZZ

A:Uninstalled but still shows in uninstall/install program.

Hello,

Have you tried to uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs. Often when something like this happens, you try to uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs, you get an error about it not being installed any longer, and the entry is gone!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/278691-uninstalled-but-still-shows-uninstall-install-program.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have uninstalled Sophos via Add/remove programs but it is still showing in the c drive, program files. Some of the files are causing problems - can I delete them from here?

A:Uninstalled programs still showing in Program files

Please do not double-post. Please read the rules and directions if you are unsure how to use the board or one of its features.

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/986930-uninstalled-program-still-showing-program.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalled-programs-still-showing-in-program-files.986929/
Relevancy 52.46%

I downloaded Driver Detective to my laptop, used it to find drivers, then uninstalled it when I was done.

Now, when I restart the laptop, I get an error message that says Driver Detective is not working, file not found.

It appears that there is a remnant of the program still on the computer that is pointing to a file that no longer exists.

I can't find the remnant.

Is there a program that finds those things?

A:Something points to an uninstalled program and I get an error message.

Hi heavydude You should never use "driver updater" programs, as they are dangerous programs that can damage your system, making it unable to boot.Drivers are "middlemen" between your OS (Windows) and your hardware (computer). They control and facilitate the interaction between Windows and hardware components, to deliver a "message", nothing more;Having all of your drivers up to date, all the time, will not improve the performance of your system, nor your computer. You cannot increase the hardware performance of a component over the current capabilities it have;Driver updates are released to fix a bug or an issue with a previous release of that driver. Not everyone with the same drivers will experience the issue, so if you are having no problems with the drivers you are running, you don't need to update them. "If it's not broken, don't fix it";You can download drivers for free from your computer/laptop manufacturers website, or from the hardware component manufacturers website. You don't need to pay for any of them, if you are being asked to pay for drivers it is likely a scam;Only drivers from the computer/laptop manufacturers website, or the hardware component manufacturers website are considered official (legitimate and working). You should not download drivers from anywhere else;Driver Updaters are a scam, they try to convince you that you need these programs in order to make your system perform well, which is false;It has been tested and proven that these programs will detect outdated drivers on a system that have the most updated drivers from the manufacturer, which shows that they don't work and/or they try to make you install "newer" suspicious drivers;The goal of the distributors of such programs is to make money by making you buy their useless product, or install additional software (PUPs) when you install their program. Your system will perform worse with these programs installed than without;Now as for the "leftover" start-up entry, we can find it using Autoruns.Autoruns - Start-up EntriesFollow the instructions below to give me an Autoruns log containing your start-up entries:Download Autoruns.zip from the Sysinternals Suite webpage;Extract the content of the Autoruns.zip folder where you want, then go in the folder, right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Run as Administrator;Accept the EULA on opening, then wait for all the entries to load;Click on File then Save and save the file to a location easily accessible;Go on ge.tt and upload the Autoruns file you saved;Once done, post the download URL of your uploaded file in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569510/something-points-to-an-uninstalled-program-and-i-get-an-error-message/
Relevancy 52.46%

I accidently uninstalled an original program on my hP pavilion x360 13-a01092nr and can't find what it was called I would very much enjoy a list of all original programs that were pre-installed on my computer model thank you.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:I accidently uninstalled an original program on my hp pavili...

@A_Common_Guy? The Specifications includes a general list, although it is not "by installation name" in every case. HP Pavilion 13-a010nr x360 Convertible PC Product Specifications When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/I-accidently-uninstalled-an-original-program-on-my-hp/td-p/5717310
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi
I Have office 2003 running on Vista home premium. I don't use outlook and kept getting updates for it so I decided to uninstall it. That's all fine but now I keep getting annoying update notification for microsoft outlook. I may be missing something, but I can't see where I can choose to ignore this update. Can someone please tell me how I can select to NOT be notified of certain updates.

Thanks in advance

Parvo

A:[SOLVED] Update notification for uninstalled program

Hey Hey Hey -

This should help, you probably just missed a few files when uninstalling. Also, don't install using Windows default uninstaller, use Revo Uninstaller.

Best of luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-update-notification-for-uninstalled-program-372135.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I know you can have a program when opened turn the screen to 256 colors but how do you get a program to open 16 bit? I have it on 24 bit and i like it that way but to play the game you need 16. so i have to change it and then change it back

A:This is not real important but how do you get only 1 program to open in 16 bit color

I am not certain that this is possible with 2000 or XP without some sort of third party program such as resplendent resolver, which actually doesn't change the resolution, it just tricks the program into thinking it has 16 bit color.

There are some fast display switchers that come with some manufacturers display cards. There is also a free third party mode switcher called Multires from http://www.entechtaiwan.com/

They say it is XP compatable, but I have seen one instance where it did not work well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-is-not-real-important-but-how-do-you-get-only-1-program-to-open-in-16-bit-color.92938/
Relevancy 52.46%

Would it hurt not to install an important update if the program is not used?

I do not use anything "Live", but have it installed.

Does this leave me vulnerable if I don't?
Used as reference:
Windows Live Essentials 2011 (KB2434419)

A:Would it hurt not to install an important update if the program is...

No, it won't hurt anything. I don't use IE, so I don't install any of the "Important security updates"

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/119454-would-hurt-not-install-important-update-if-program.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I did a stupid thing- installed a "free" program then realized they were going to charge me to actually use it, so I immediately uninstalled it but have discovered there is a notification icon left that I would like to uninstall as well but cannot figure out how to do so. Would really appreciate any help. Am including some computer specs.
Thx- you guys are the best!

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU
AMD Turion II M500 49 °C
Caspian 45nm Technology
RAM
6.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
Quanta 3635 (Socket S1G3)

A:How do I remove notification icon that stayed after program was uninstalled?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-remove-notification-icon-that-stayed-after-program-was-uninstalled.994412/
Relevancy 52.03%

Greetings.
I had some time ago installed Cyberlinks PowerDVD, but not anymore. I have uninstalled it, clearet reg.database, temp-files aso, but I still get the choise to "Play with Cyberlink PowerDVD 13" when rightclick on a .jpg, .avi, .mpg and more.

How do I edit the context menu for media-files, so I don't have the PowerDVD option there anymore?

TIA

A:Context Menu -> Remove item (uninstalled program)

Hello Burgurne,

The free program ShellMenuView may help make removing this context menu item easier.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306431-context-menu-remove-item-uninstalled-program.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My laptop came with Microsft Works a Add/Remove remains in uninstalled program, programs. I the but icon and yesterday I decided as I never used it I would uninstall it Now it kept coming up with an error saying I needed the installation CD to complete the uninstallation wich I didn't have So I searched about came I uninstalled a program, but the icon remains in Add/Remove programs. across a few threads with the same problem There were a couple of suggestions of rd party software to use and I used something called Powertools and it got rid of it The Works folder is no longer in Program files and I belive the MB has been freed However in add remove programs the icon for Microsoft works is still there I've done some searching for this problem as well and I'm always coming across http support microsoft com kb However I've looked in the place it tells me to look and ive triple checked and there is no entry there for Works So any ideas how I can get rid of this I uninstalled a program, but the icon remains in Add/Remove programs. icon Which is bugging me way more than it should P Btw clicking the icon in add remove does nothing as does pressing delete backspace etc

A:I uninstalled a program, but the icon remains in Add/Remove programs.

Try running the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility which can be downloaded here http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-uninstalled-a-program-but-the-icon-remains-in-add-remove-programs-386993.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hai guys, sorry, I am using windows 7 32 bit, and my problem is that the hardisk keeps getting full again, even after I have deleted many files and uninstall softwares. I didnt set my hard disk for recovery either. How can I tackle this problem? Sorry if anyone had posted this before and I didnt notice

Cheers

A:My Hardisk is Full even after Files Deleted and Program Uninstalled

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Your system specs would be helpful: System Info - See Your System Specs

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/192641-my-hardisk-full-even-after-files-deleted-program-uninstalled.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I uninstalled some sql program in my add remove program and my computer wont connect to the internet. The lil computer icon at the bottom is not there anymore. Anyone know how to fix this?

A:I uninstalled some sql program and computer wont connect to internet

Easiest way is to probably do a System Restore.

Start > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Choose a restore point before you uninstalled the program.

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-uninstalled-some-sql-program-and-computer-wont-connect-to-internet-594193.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I uninstalled Lavasoft Ad-Aware application and noticed that the its program tray icon is still showing on the Notification Area List. Is there a way to remove it?

A:Uninstalled Program Remains on Notification Area List

Hello Voyager,

Sometimes the computer will need to be restarted to finish completely uninstalling a program. You might see if this is the case. If not, then resetting the notification area icons may help.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/47188-uninstalled-program-remains-notification-area-list.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I'm creating a new topic for this because the other OtShot forums I read didn't seem still OtShot but after uninstalled and Program Files in reboot runs to quite fit my situation and I don't have OTL exe on my computer I downloaded the programs paint net and gimp today at the recommendation of a friend and with the blessing of my Norton antivirus software I wanted some programs to use for designing simple maps and floorplans for wedding planning After downloading these programs I noticed that - other programs had inadvertently installed themselves I uninstalled all of them one was a Key-something toolbar for google chrome that I didn't want I can't remember the others now The one that remains is OtShot which I have read is nothing but trouble Already with a reboot it's saying something about skin and trying to do something with my Outlook contacts It's not in the program list of my control panel but still in C Program Files and I can't delete it from there because when I try it tells me that the folder or a file in it is open in another program I've attached a screen shot of this I want to get rid of it I've backed up my computer to my external Seagate backup drive My hope is that someone can help me get rid of OtShot and then also let me know if my backup drive will be fine OtShot uninstalled but still in Program Files and runs after reboot if I run another backup to it once the OtShot is gone Thank you so much for your help Alicia Here is my dds info DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by pwotlan at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Security Suite Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system ibmpmsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY TPHKLOAD exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY TPHKSVC exe C Program Files Lenovo Access Connections AcPrfMgrSvc exe C PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY tpnumlk exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility CAMMUTE exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY MICMUTE exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TPKNRSVC exe C Program Files LENOVO VIRTSCRL lvvsst exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Lenovo Access Connections AcSvc exe C Program Files Constant Guard Protection Suite IDVaultSvc exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskhost exe C PROGRA LENOVO VIRTSCRL virtscrl exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY tposdsvc exe C Windows Explorer EXE C PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY tpnumlkd exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C Program Files Integrated Camera Driver RCIMGDIR exe C Windows System TpShocks exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TPKNRRES exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files OtShot otshot exe C Program Files Constant Guard Protection Suite IDVault exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPHELPER EXE C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT SCHTASK exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Lenovo Access Connections SvcGuiHlpr ex... Read more

A:OtShot uninstalled but still in Program Files and runs after reboot

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).=== Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you.Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note: Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497746/otshot-uninstalled-but-still-in-program-files-and-runs-after-reboot/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
I am new to this forum. Hoping somebody can help me here.
Computer has been acting crazy, browsers keep crashing, keep getting assorted error messages.
Am unable to install any anti virus program, tried avg, avast, kaspersky, and all say installer is corrupt.
I did run combofix(re-named it aaa.exe) and at almost every step got application corrupt message. It did show catchme.tmp andPEV.cfxxe.

I dont know if I posted this correctly, but I appreciate any help. Thanks,
Shawn

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286474/uninstalled-avg-now-am-unabe-to-install-any-anti-virus-program/
Relevancy 52.03%

I was notified today of one important update, KB2881030, but checking shows this to be for the 32 bit version of Office 2010. I have only MS Office Home and Student 2007 on my 64bit computer. Further, the update has a prerequisite mentioned, i.e., Microsoft Office 2010, Service Pack 2, definitely not on my computer. Finally, the update's "more information" did not mention any files in Office 2007 that were involved. I won't install this update unless I learn I need it, but I'm wondering if there are others being offered this apparently inappropriate update. Anyone else involved?

Thanks.

A:Important update offered for wrong Office program

Hi,
Interesting I only got a junk email filter update
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3115192

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397077-important-update-offered-wrong-office-program.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I don't use Skype. I uninstalled it. Windows Update keeps sending updates and marking them as 'important.' If I run the update I find I need to uninstall the program again.

I'd like reassurance that I can safely ignore these updates.

It makes sense to me, but software has gotten complex enough that I want to be sure that this update only updates Skype for Windows and that failure to implement it does not leave a gaping hole in Windows 7.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Skype For Windows - Program Not Installed - Important Update?

If you change windows update settings as shown below then in theory you will not be offered skype. If you prevoiusly had skype installed and are still offered updates then I guess that skype wasn't fully removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402722-skype-windows-program-not-installed-important-update.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I was uninstalling some programs and apparently I uninstalled the wrong one and I now have no sound on my pc.

I have a Dell Dimension 3000
with Microsoft Windows XP (Home Edition) Version 2002

Thanks for any help.

A:Solved: Accidentally uninstalled wrong program and now no sound on computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-accidentally-uninstalled-wrong-program-and-now-no-sound-on-computer.993052/
Relevancy 51.6%

I uninstalled an anti-spyware program from my Windows XP Media Edition (SP2), and now the Windows firewall will not start. When I try to start the associated service for the firewall, I get an error 1723 message: "Unable to open service control manager database.." Several services that are set to "automatic" do not start on re-boot.

The wireless services aren't working, and I can't reach the Internet or access the network either wirelessly or through the patch cable.

I can't drag-and-drop files or folders between the two hard drives or move them to a jump drive.

Any help in correcting these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Curtis

A:Uninstalled anti-spyware program in Windows XP and now firewall will not start

Welcome to TSF....

THis aticle might help give it a try:
Re-enable Windows Firewall – Rollin' Rog

Have a look at posts 8 to 12 here and follow instructions if they apply:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt...-disabled.html

Run regedit and navigate to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center

In the right pane ensure the "firewall" related entries are set to "0"
In the left pane, under monitoring, click down the list of 3rd party firewalls and ensure they do not have any overriding entries.
Also check to see if you have either of these keys (I don't):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\DomainProfile

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProf ile

In the right-pane, delete the "EnableFirewall" value.

These keys may exist if they were created by malware, for example:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven....opanki.p.html

Second Page

Whichever computer is generating the message about the firewall. Disconnect them if they are networked and you are not sure.
You can check the registry locations in both. Neither should have these entries at all:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\DomainProfile

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile

Third Page

Right click on FirstRunDisableNotify and delete that
Double click on FirewallDisableNotify and set the data value to '0'
Right click on EnableFirewall and delete it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/uninstalled-anti-spyware-program-in-windows-xp-and-now-firewall-will-not-start-277952.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Laptop it program uninstalled and slowed owns on down anti-virus This is the first time Laptop slowed down and anti-virus program uninstalled on it owns to submit a Hijackthis log About days ago a dell lapto running XP Pro SP slowed down considerably It is about years old GB Ram And the mcafee anti-virus program suddenly was not there Here is the hijackthis log Thank you for any suggestions Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC Program Files LogMeIn Laptop slowed down and anti-virus program uninstalled on it owns x LMIGuardian exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM StacSV exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Apoint HidFind exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC WINDOWS system RunDLL exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system KADxMain exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager DocMgr bin docmgr exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXEC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper C... Read more

A:Laptop slowed down and anti-virus program uninstalled on it owns

Hello pmelland,Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from one of these places:http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.htmlhttp://www.besttechie.net/mbam/mbam-setup.exeDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. * Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan. * The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note) * The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. * Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213356/laptop-slowed-down-and-anti-virus-program-uninstalled-on-it-owns/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello.

I've been having troubles with perfectdisk 10 hanging and almost making my pc unusable in normal startup mode.

I've attempted to uninstall it but when i did i was met with some sort of message telling me pdengine was not able to continue and the uninstall could not be completed.

Starting up in safe mode,disabling pdengine in msconfig/services fixed issues with not being able to do anything in normal mode, but i still cant seem to find a way to get rid of the program

The program is still installed but i don't see it in my add/remove programs. What i'd like to know is if there are any programs that can completely uninstall a prog that wasnt properly uninstalled?

Any help is appreciated.

Thaanks.

A:[SOLVED] anyway to remove renmants of a program that wasnt properly uninstalled?

Try this: Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-anyway-to-remove-renmants-of-a-program-that-wasnt-properly-uninstalled-589184.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am using windows XP and uninstalled the Cross Loop program for it was giving me problems with AVG version 8.
These 2 items are still in windows prefetch.Can I delete them and also by deleting them will they come out of system restore?
Crossloopconnect.exe-3365AFOE.pf and Cross Loop -Travers Rep 05A42.
Resident shield in AVG is giving me alerts listing dll numbers associated with Cross Loops and will not permit the system to do a system restore point each day.
Thank You tlh99

Relevancy 51.6%

XP SP3 When I slide my sensor over a photo image icon the following info is shown:
Dimensions of image, Date image taken, Camera model, Type, and Size in Mb. My problem is the "type" shown - it is always Jasc After Shot Picture. This is INCORRECT as Jasc Afte Shot program was uninstalled 2 years ago when I installed Adobe Lightroom. Where is this coming from and how do I remove this erroneous information from the description of all of my images? Please, if you can help, give me step by step - I'm old and computer challenged!
joia

Relevancy 50.74%

The Data Recovery Wizard program worked for me when I lost some important files. It had a prices tag but from my experience it was worth it. You can see the details info via http://www.easeus.com. I wanted to share but also wanted to make sure that I didn't stray from the forum rules.

A:The Data Recovery Wizard program worked for me when I lost some important files.

Welcome to TSG....

Thank you for this site. It looks excellent. I would not worry about the advertising thing since you are just pointing out a site that saved your bacon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-data-recovery-wizard-program-worked-for-me-when-i-lost-some-important-files.560500/
Relevancy 46.44%

My Great-Uncle has Windows 98se. He uses the newest Netscape and recently clean out his inbox using the Netscape email program. For one reason or another he had un-installed the email client and now he doesn't have any access to his emails or address book. I know nothing about Netscape because I haven't used it in like, years.

Is there anyway to obtain the emails or the address book from the Netscape email application after it is un-installed?

Thanks.

A:Netscape Email program uninstalled... need old email and address book.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netscape-email-program-uninstalled-need-old-email-and-address-book.311909/
Relevancy 46.01%

Groan, I downloaded a flight sim demo, didn't like it and tried to uninstall it but a message came up saying something about "uninstaller failed to initialize or is corrupted, program cannot be uninstalled".
Same message comes up regardless of whether I hit the in-program uninstall button, or the WinXPHome Add/Remove progs routine.
So thats 100Mb of useless stuff sitting on my hard drive that can't be got rid of, and I'm already short of HD space too, groan again..
Any suggestions?
Thanks

A:Oh great, "This program cannot be uninstalled" message

You can uninstall the program manually.

Instructions here: http://www.theeldergeek.com/manually_uninstall_programs.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oh-great-this-program-cannot-be-uninstalled-message.696105/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys,

I'm wondering why this security patch for a zero day flaw in IE 11 is not checked by default? Surely it should be.

A:KB2964358 Important update (but not that important)

Don't know why.
I usually manually check one or right click on one & hide it.
I hide all bing desktop updates.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45596-kb2964358-important-update-but-not-important.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Whenever I try to open a certain .exe file i recieve this message:

"windows found that this file is potentially harmful.
To help protect your computer, Windows has blocked this file."

It wont let me open or in some cases download the file even though I know its safe. How can I disable this to view the files?

A:Potentially Harmful.....erm NO!

Hi and welcome. Is it from Windows Mail?

If so:

In Windows Mail go to Tools > Options. On the Security tab, choose
"Internet Zone" as the Internet Explorer security zone to use. Un-check "Do
not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a
virus." Click on Apply, then OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/potentially-harmful-erm-no.766300/
Relevancy 39.13%

Can your email be hacked??!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-potentially.1156855/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey all,

My MSE today has said that's it's potentially unprotected as it hasn't run a scan in a while, but I run a scan nearly every day with it. 

Although this is a quick scan, maybe that is the problem i'm unsure. I haven't run a full scan in a long while (I run a long scan with MBAM).

Any ideas?

Craig

A:MSE Potentially Unprotected.

...make sure that if you're using any 3rd party cleaner, especially "CCleaner", that you don't have boxes checked for "MS Security Client" or, "MS AntiMalware" or, anything that looks like it's associated with it...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501455/mse-potentially-unprotected/
Relevancy 39.13%

My personal desktop Potentially Infected may potentially be infected with ad-ware malware or a virus I am not tech savvy in the least bit so I am not certain My operating system is Windows Home Premium -bit and the problem was detected a day or so ago when Potentially Infected I mistakenly downloaded a program or two Horizon Modio that came with a bunch of ad-ware Admittedly there may have been other ad-ware malware viruses on my PC before downloading these programs but never manifested any major problems to Potentially Infected alert me to their existence At first my browser Chrome and IE later discovered was showing ads by something called RocketTab so I ran a check with my free version of Avast Antivirus Nothing showed up so I did a little research online and downloaded Adwcleaner Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Hitman Pro as directed by a website to perform a check for any ad-ware malware and to hopefully remove them The first two programs have indicated that several ad-ware had been installed on my computer and that they have been since removed However I could not get Hitman Pro to work as a firewall has blocked it from activating The website informed me that Hitman Pro was to be used as a second opinion program to insure that the problem had been resolved Going back into my browser I noticed several sites are not displayed correctly but the RocketTab ads were gone Some of these sites require Adobe Flash to run which is installed and up to date Noticeably certain video players that previously worked online no longer function correctly Other websites have their images skewed off to the side and the text moved to the opposite side of the screen When viewing these websites on my tablet they appear just fine so it is not a website issue I'm led to believe the cleaning programs either did not work and the ad-ware from the first two programs Horizon and Modio both Xbox mods used to extract and convert game saves are still present or that the new ad-ware cleaning programs have added in more issues than I had before Edit Now when I refresh a page only text is displayed Even on this site It's like whatever code was used to make the site appear as it normally does has just gone out the window

A:Potentially Infected

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will st... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547329/potentially-infected/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi
After diagnosing my system, using Fresh Diagnose, the report indicated that my CPU (currently running at 366MHz), has a maximum speed of 500MHz!!

Is it possible to tweak the PC to maximize the processor's potential?

Moozer

Relevancy 39.13%

In using Microsoft Security Essentials version 2.0.657.0 with Windows 7 Pro. In download new definitions daily and run a scan weekly, monitoring is turned on. The last two days the icon is burnt orange in color and the program says I’m POTENTIALLY UNPROTECTED. I ran a scan yesterday and one today but still no “green” light. Could it be a recent update? I turned off Malware byte and that didn’t help. If I re-boot I’ll get the green icon but only for a few minutes and then it turns burnt orange. What is happening? Thanks.

I checked for a new version within MSE and none available only to find here that there is a new version. I'll go get it and hope it solves the problem.

A:Mse potentially unprotected

Have you done a full scan?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/172805-mse-potentially-unprotected.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I believe I may have been keylogged I've lost access to my account on a game I possess This sort of thing is usually due to keylogging I believe I attempted to run Gmer exe as the quot Please Read quot thread directed and I got the following errors C Windows gmer dll Access Denied Create file Temp smcalfdb dll Access Denied I then tried to run DDS com as it said and got the following error Some files could not be created Please Restart Windows I Have admin privaleges on my computer Here is my HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Potentially Keylogged. WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Potentially Keylogged. Service AdskScSrv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall Potentially Keylogged. cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Speech csvd exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDEngine exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files TELUS TELUS Support Centre bin McciTrayApp exe C Program Files TELUS TELUS Wireless Connection Manager McciTrayApp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Curse CurseClient exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Movie Folder dds com C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- ... Read more

A:Potentially Keylogged.

Quote:

I attempted to run Gmer.exe as the "Please Read" thread directed and I got the following errors:
C:\Windows\gmer.dll: Access Denied
Create file Temp\smcalfdb.dll: Access Denied

Kindly reboot the machine. Then disable Comodo before trying again. It can be a pain at times.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/potentially-keylogged-318457.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello, I'm worried that my computer is infected.  I can't really put my finger on what's wrong, I just have some concerns.  A few months ago I had a keylogger that was removed.

Can you give me some advice on what to do to ensure that my computer is clean?  MalwareBytes and McAffee detect nothing.

Thank you so much.

A:Potentially infected?

Please download MiniToolBox from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/ with the following boxes checked
- Flush DNS
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Copy the resulting report and paste it into your next post.

Download and run AdwCleaner and run it.

Download Junkware Removal Tool and run it.

Download TDSSKiller and run it.

Then run ESET from here: http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner-popup/ .  Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the box to accept the EULA and click the START button. Then click the Enable detection of potentailly unwanted applications button and click Start.  Click YES to any popups you get.  This will download the virus signature database then scan your system.  That will take a good while to run - on my laptop it took about 2 hours, but you can do other things while it runs.  When it finishes scanning, click List Threats. Then click Copy to clipboard and paste it into your next post here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540953/potentially-infected/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey All OK here s the deal First of all I always see people posting a long list of stuff that tells everyone about their systems I don t know how to do this but I m really screwed, potentially Please help! is PC good at following directions So my problem is this Yesterday I was playing around on the PC and I attempted to use Yahoo s search engine and it rerouted me to some wacky page Tried it again same thing So I automatically went to my AntiMalware and ran a quick scan It popped up with registry data items that were infected I quarantined and deleted them This however did not PC is potentially screwed, Please help! fix my problem I ran a few more scans with Mcafee and Windows Defender but nothing fixed my problem The name of the infection was Trojan DNSchanger Usually I m really good at disinfecting my computer but this one has stumped me I tried to do a system restore and it won t let me and for some reason now it won t let me online When the cable s plugged in the pc shows connected and when it s not it shows disconnected just as expected I even called my cable company and they said that they can t see a connection at all My VDD showed that I had two Symantec additions in my registry which I shouldn t cause we got rid of Norton years ago and ran all of the removal stuff then cause it was causing problems If someone can talk me through a fix that d be much appreciated

A:PC is potentially screwed, Please help!

Hi and welcome to BleepingComputer Let's start with a Malwarebytes scan...The process of cleaning your computer may require temporarily disabliling some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201789/pc-is-potentially-screwed-please-help/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi there first post Today I discovered that some form of a redirect virus was affecting my system It redirects searches from both Google and problems potentially other and Redirect Bing affecting both IE and Firefox platforms I downloaded HJT and created a log file Redirect and potentially other problems Please let me know your thoughts on the information Redirect and potentially other problems as i have no idea Redirect and potentially other problems what i did today that caused this and I would like to make sure I don t have any other threats thank you very muchScan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exeC Program Files x Internet Call Director ICD EXEC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exeC Program Files x hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exeC Program Files x winsim ConnectionManager Simply SystemTrayIcon exeC Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exec Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media DVD DVDAgent exec Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exeC Program Files x TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeC Windows SysWOW DllHost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cndtR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cndtR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cndtR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO no name - FF B A-C DD- C - B -D B D a - C Windows SysWow dxdiagn dllO - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GR A DLLO - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c program files x hewlett-packard HP odometer hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HP Remote Solution ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update c Program Files x HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run NortonOnlineBackupReminder quot C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup Activation NobuActivation exe quot UNATTENDEDO - HKLM Run UpdatePRCShortCut quot C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Recovery MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Recovery quot UpdateWithCreateOnce quot Software CyberLink PowerRecover quot O - HKLM Run ConnectionManager C Program Files x Winsim ConnectionM... Read more

A:Redirect and potentially other problems

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.[We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEnetsvcsmsconfigsafebootminimalsafebootnetworkactivexdrivers32%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/287566/redirect-and-potentially-other-problems/