Windows Support Forum

repeated BSODs at boot, then works again fine for a while

Q: repeated BSODs at boot, then works again fine for a while

Hello,
So glad to have found this forum and hope to get some input. My laptop has occasionally failed to start up (BSOD at boot) but eventually restarts correctly (after a hard restart or two) sometimes saying it is running a diagnostic and starting in a previous state. But this morning it BSODed on me a dozen times. I backed up all my data to an external drive and got the SFdebugfiles (attached). Hope you can tell me something about possible causes. Any and all input greatly appreciated!
JuliaB

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: repeated BSODs at boot, then works again fine for a while

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: repeated BSODs at boot, then works again fine for a while

Originally Posted by juliab

Hello,
So glad to have found this forum and hope to get some input. My laptop has occasionally failed to start up (BSOD at boot) but eventually restarts correctly (after a hard restart or two) sometimes saying it is running a diagnostic and starting in a previous state. But this morning it BSODed on me a dozen times. I backed up all my data to an external drive and got the SFdebugfiles (attached). Hope you can tell me something about possible causes. Any and all input greatly appreciated!
JuliaB

Hi JuliaB & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Unfortunately, the SF Diagnostic file which you have attached is empty. Please re run the tool for at least 15 minutes or till the program says FINISHED.

Attach the SF Diagnostic file in your next post .

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50674-repeated-bsods-boot-then-works-again-fine-while.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Well, my pc BSOD's basically whenever I touch it or move it at all, and sometimes, often times, I'll just come home to a bsod. And often, I will have to boot the pc up 11 or 12 times before it will actually boot up and quit crashing in the middle. Also, I know when my pc is going to crash sometimes, because sometimes it literally chirps. Little chirps at around 1.5 second intervals, then it crashes.

I've included the bsod below... id prefer if my pc did not do that, especially fail to boot so many times. I've ran chkdsk, and its found stuff, but that takes about 20-30 min and i dont want to have to keep doing that. Any advice would be great.

A:bsods, repeated boot crashing...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329284

Read through. It will give you some things to look into.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsods-repeated-boot-crashing.622816/
Relevancy 74.39%

Well, my pc BSOD's basically whenever I touch it or move it at all, and sometimes, often times, I'll just come home to a bsod. And often, I will have to boot the pc up 11 or 12 times before it will actually boot up and quit crashing in the middle. Also, I know when my pc is going to crash sometimes, because sometimes it literally chirps. Little chirps at around 1.5 second intervals, then it crashes.

I've included the bsod below... id prefer if my pc did not do that, especially fail to boot so many times. I've ran chkdsk, and its found stuff, but that takes about 20-30 min and i dont want to have to keep doing that. Any advice would be great.

A:bsods, repeated boot crashing...

Start troubleshooting this by opening the case and cleaning out all the dust and debris and check all the connecting wires to be solidly plugged in to where thay are

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-repeated-boot-crashing.86728/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi my laptop was having troubles (Windows 7) after installing AVG. I was having problems with the boot configuration and followed a guide but it didn't work so I decided to reinstall Windows on the laptop.
It reinstalled fine but it still BSODs on boot (STOP Error 0x0000007b (0xfffff880009a98e8 0xffffffffc000000d 00000000000000000) but if i take out the harddrive and connect it/boot off my desktop setup, it works fine and I can access the Windows installation?
Any help?
Thanks!

A:Solved: Laptop BSOD on boot, but works fine if I boot HDD from desktop?

STOP Error 0x0000007bClick to expand...

Please see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2673509

and

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/stop0x0000007b.htm

Was W7 installed with the HDD in the laptop or the desktop?
Please provide brand, model & model # of the laptop & desktop [ or motherboard for the desktop ]
Please run this forum's system info utility & post the results.

it works fine and I can access the Windows installation?Click to expand...

Is there a question, or is the "?" a typo?

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-bsod-on-boot-but-works-fine-if-i-boot-hdd-from-desktop.1087783/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I just got a Lenovo T P from work IBM with the corporate preloaded software - it had a Windows Vista Only Power In On Restart Cannot Works Boot Fine - sticker but it appears to be Windows XP from System tab The problem - when I do a shutdown-restart the boot fails with message quot Cannot boot from any device quot and lists potential boot devices - the hard disk is listed and it points to quot No Valid Operating System quot The hard disk is listed rd in order - I have gone into BIOS and changed it to first in order with no change - when I power off and power back on everything boots up OK This is very repeatable - always fails on restart always works on power up The confusion factors - I don t recall if I ever restarted the machine before I migrated all my stuff over and loaded applications etc So I don t know if it came this way fresh or something I did to it broke it I m assuming that it s not a corporate load problem as there would be s of problems just like me I guess it could be a specific hardware problem on my machine - I noticed the new machine had the security chip but wasn t enabled Cannot Boot In Restart Only - Power On Works Fine I enabled it and went to Lenovo site and downloaded the Client Security Software I believe it was or for Windows Vista I hadn t looked in system info to note that my machine was XP - I just looked at sticker This installed fine and required a restart When it rebooted I had the problem listed above - this is the first time I overtly remember a system restart - I uninstalled the CSS application still same problem - I disabled the security chip - still same problem - I reloaded amp installed Client Security Software for Windows XP - the required restart had same problem one more thing When I enabled the security chip I set BIOS passwords for the various options It seems a BIOS boot problem which only occurs on a restart - always works on power on should be something fixable - so I d appreciate any ideas suggestions etc The next step would be to reload a fresh corporate operating system appps etc - but I ve already spent alot of time loading my stuff and customizing so I d like not to redo that Thanks in advance

A:Cannot Boot In Restart Only - Power On Works Fine

Well - I resolved the problem, that is, at least it's booting on restart now.
After writing this up and trying to think of everything I did - I went back and disabled/removed any BIOS passwords and options I changed. This fixed the problem. I have since re-entered and reset options as I thought I had them when it didn't work -and everything is still OK.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127792/cannot-boot-in-restart-only-power-on-works-fine/
Relevancy 68.8%

So some of you may remember my vista dell laptop problem and after that machine had works and explorer after once then crashes fine boot other issues i talked dell into replacing it for me I've received a different machine and in some ways it's better but it's a bit instead of a bit so the new machine is a studio with a bit core two duo running vista home premium on gigs ram the problem i'm having is i explorer crashes once after boot and then works fine boot it up and the first time i right click on my computer it hangs forever clicking on the desktop brings up the quot explorer has stopped responding quot popup and if i tell it to restart it works fine afterwards and i am unable to cause the error to happen a second time until i reboot So every single time i turn the machine on explorer HAS to crash once for things to operate normally i'm heavily suspecting that i've installed some old program that isn't compatible but i've tried uninstalling them and i can't figure out which one is causing it i've removed virtual clonedrive batterybar doppler and various other apps like that and the problem isn't going away anyone have any ideas how to tell what causes explorer to hang right after boot and then work perfectly after crashing and restarting i haven't changed any serious settings this time i learned my lesson so swap file is still system managed etc EDIT also i NEED virtual clonedrive to work if anyone knows of a similar program that works on bit vista without issues please help

A:explorer crashes once after boot and then works fine

update:

now it's happening more than just once per boot. i'm starting to really hate vista again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/explorer-crashes-once-after-boot-and-then-works-fine-421492.html
Relevancy 68.8%

hello,

I have been having win7 BOSD everyday. It occurs on the first boot up every day, but it works fine after the second boot. The BOSD problem comes back if i shut the pc for over night or more than a couples of hours.

anyone knows the causes and fixes would be really appreciated. I have attached minidump files.

my hardware details:

mb: Asus p7h55/usb3
cpu: i5 [email protected]
graphic card: Geforece GTS450 dedicated DDR5 memory
memory: 8 ghz
os win 7 64 bit

A:win 7 BOSD occurs every day on first boot up and works fine afterwards

hello tom and welcome to SF

I checked your dump files and they list among others memory corruption as a reason. That could mean defective hardware but it could also be caused by a defective driver.
For further testing I recommend you follow this tutorial and post the results. and make sure you include any new crashdumps.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 4E, {99, 98d7b, 2, 9547a}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+4c )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc). If a kernel debugger is
available get the stack trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000099, A PTE or PFN is corrupt
Arg2: 0000000000098d7b, page frame number
Arg3: 0000000000000002, current page state
Arg4: 000000000009547a, 0

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x4E_99

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: avp.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000311df5c to fffff80003098640

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`09b8c418 fffff800`0311df5c : 00000000`0000004e 00000000`00000099 00000000`00098d7b 00000000`00000002 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`09b8c420 fffff800`03047cf2 : ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`00000001 ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`0000000f : nt!MiBadShareCount+0x4c
fffff880`09b8c460 fffff800`0319695a : fffffa80`09a98ec8 fffff880`09b8c670 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0000000f : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x21513
fffff880`09b8c650 fffff800`032d95ed : fffffa80`0a7db060 ffffffff`00000001 ffffffff`ffffffff fffff880`09b8cca0 : nt!MiEmptyWorkingSet+0x24a
fffff880`09b8c700 fffff800`034e73ed : 00000000`00000001 fffff8a0`01a5c100 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!MmAdjustWorkingSetSizeEx+0xad
fffff880`09b8c780 fffff800`033eb3cb : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 00000000`06f1e700 : nt!PspSetQuotaLimits+0x32d
fffff880`09b8c8d0 fffff800`030978d3 : fffffa80`0a7db060 fffff880`09b8cca0 00000000`7e5ea000 00000000`7e5ea000 : nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+0x4b860
fffff880`09b8cc20 00000000`770a14da : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`06f1e6c8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x770a14da
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!MiBadShareCount+4c
fffff800`0311df5c cc int 3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!MiBadShareCount+4c

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ce7951a

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x4E_99_nt!MiBadShareCount+4c

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x4E_99_nt!MiBadShareCount+4c
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Bugcheck Analysis *
* ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/160931-win-7-bosd-occurs-every-day-first-boot-up-works-fine-afterwards.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello all I fine? shut won't boot works windows and but up down restart, am new here and windows won't restart, but shut down and boot up works fine? I will try to be as brief as possible and cut to the chase The problem I am experiencing is that windows vista home basic will shut down and then you can turn it back on just fine windows won't restart, but shut down and boot up works fine? but you can not go to the start menu and windows won't restart, but shut down and boot up works fine? choose restart because it goes thru the motions like it going to restart but it only loads the bios and then begins to load windows the bar starts moving across where it says Microsoft Corp but only gets about half way over and then screen goes black then a blue screen appears for about a split second no where nearly long enough to even have a clue what it says then it goes thru the rebooting procedure again and this time when it reboots it brings up the screen asking if you want to start in safe mode last known good configuration or start normally etc but no matter which you choose it still won't take me to the desktop it just keeps repeatedly restarting I can however hit the power button and shut it down manually and when it restarts the same screen comes up about safe mode last known good configurationn or start normally so I select start normally and it boots up just fine and takes me to the desktop so I ran system file checker and it did find some corrupt files that it said it could not fix so I am here to see if you have any suggestions what to try next any help is appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-wont-restart-but-shut-down-and-boot-up-works-fine-304254.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a conputer with windows 10 in default but i downgraded it to win7 because i like win7 more than 10 so i change the boot from uefi to legacy but since my drivers arent compatible i try to change it back to win10 using the iso i downloaded from microsoft sites, and i burn it using rufus. But it cant be recognize in uefi. Need help asap

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/49865-usb-cant-boot-uefi-but-works-fine-legacy-i-need-help-asap.html
Relevancy 68.37%

my boot.ini file is missing but it words anyway. Does anyone know of a way to generate or code a new one?

Here are my hard disks:
disk 0 - secondary drive
disk 1 - primary boot drive

It probably happened when i put my comp in safe mode once.

A:missing my boot file, strangley it works fine

You have to unhide it. It will be on the root of your system drive, probably C:\

* Click Start.
* Open My Computer.
* Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
* Select the View Tab.
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
* Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Yes to confirm.
* Click OK.

It's there, or you wouldn't boot :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-my-boot-file-strangley-it-works-fine-135464.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I m totally stumped and picking your brains on this issue people I m SLOW (60+ 7 fine!! / boot min) PCI Gfx Solved: IGP Windows Works setting up an Intel Atom D DW cube machine with Windows x Solved: Windows 7 SLOW boot (60+ min) PCI Gfx / IGP Works fine!! and whenever I switch the integrated graphics in Solved: Windows 7 SLOW boot (60+ min) PCI Gfx / IGP Works fine!! the bios to the PCI graphics Windows takes between minutes even a couple hours cursor visible to finish booting to display the log on prompt however when I switch to the integrated graphics the system boots as it should but I need the PCI graphics card to operate on dual monitors Process from restart to windows fully booted on PCI Posts fine Text quot Starting Windows amp Flag quot roughly - minutes Black screen system activity light flashing not in sequential order as ie quot quot implying a system failure busy working for about minutes Black screen with cursor at this point it will take about minutes to finish booting When Windows XP was installed there were no issues also no issues slowness latency reinstalling or repairing from CD but decided to upgrade since XP EOL is near The first thing I noticed was that the installation process was also very slow from the start even booting from the CD took roughly hours to complete with having used the PCI graphics card I m sure if I had done the installation using the Internal Graphics card there wouldn t have been any issues with system latency I ve installed the nvidia graphics drivers for the external card Intel chipset drivers from Intel s support page but ONLY available for XP does not list system drivers for Windows Changed PCI Latency from to All Windows updates done Flashed bios I m not sure exactly what the problem is but it seems it s a hardware issue with the motherboard bios or driver compatibility with Windows Edit Hadn t mentioned that I also installed Windows prior to installing XP and Windows ran without issues using the PCI slot the same with XP Though I have no desire to upgrade the Atom machine to Windows at this time It s obviously something with Windows that s preventing the system hardware from operating correctly but unsure what I can be System Specs Intel Atom D Intel D MW - mainboard GB ram GB Hitachi Disk DriveClick to expand Additional Info NO operating system is being dual booted Every OS install included a drive format so no fragmentation There is no hardware changing PCI card is in the system during each installation along with the IGP a Windows XP has no issues with both devices IGP amp PCI installed boots and loads flawlessly with PCI amp or IGP enabled in bios b Windows has no issues with both devices IGP amp PCI installed boots and loads flawlessly with PCI amp or IGP enabled in bios c Windows issues boots and loads flawlessly with IGP but not PCI PCI works but have to wait out the latency issues Windows XP and Windows both install without a hitch even if I restore an image of XP No issues with the PCI card enabled and connected to display Both IGP amp PCI work even if I disable one or the other system runs fine with either graphics port Upgrading XP to Windows no issues with the PCI card enabled and connected to display Both IGP amp PCI work even if I disable one or the other system runs fine with either graphics port Windows IGP active and connected to display Works Flawlessly Windows PCI active and connected to display tried both Analog and DVI connections ISSUES BUT work fine under Windows XP Windows Linux ALL FRESH Installs What the deal a Installed or times because I believed the installation was corrupt b Installation Complete Install took over hrs to complete boots very slowly once boot loader is going even in safe mode c System HANGS Latency using PCI Once the boot loader completes and the login screen displays which could take HOURS everything is normal d Safe Mode hangs using PCI This is clearly something to do specifically with Windows boot instructions There were no hardwa... Read more

A:Solved: Windows 7 SLOW boot (60+ min) PCI Gfx / IGP Works fine!!

Is Win 7 using a different PCI channel to XP?
Is Win 7 using a PCI channel that is already used by (say) disk access?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-slow-boot-60-min-pci-gfx-igp-works-fine.1099212/
Relevancy 67.51%

So I've been playing GTA V on pc fine works safe minutes however after Freeze mode few a boot, for a bit and while there have been usual crashes from pushing it too hard I Freeze a few minutes after boot, however safe mode works fine had this one crash where the game froze and required holding the power button to reboot After that whenever I tried to boot it would boot normally then after a while everything would freeze items wouldn't highlight if I moused over it and they wouldn't open and it would require holding the power button to reboot I was running AMD overdrive but everytime I tried to disable it it would freeze and require a reboot I was also running the AMD beta drivers for GTA V but when I tried to go to safe mode to reinstall the stable drivers it said the Windows Installer service wasn't running so any help on that would be appreciated I did the sfc scannow it said there were some corrupted files but it couldn't fix them I went into msconfig and disabled everything that wasn't essential I knew it was safe and worked before but crashes still happened I tried to system restore but the system protection tab didn't exist under system properties Doing some googling I tried finding the registry key but HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Policies Microsoft Windows NT SystemRestore DisableSR did not exist Finally I did have some blue black screen of death's while playing GTA V however I can not get more information on them because of the freezes so I can't get dumps which is why I'm posting this here Any help would be wonderful

A:Freeze a few minutes after boot, however safe mode works fine

Update: I went into Safe Mode and put it in diagnostic mode (disabling all startup items and services), and slowly went through and enabled services, first enabling back internet then audio until I found the problem.

I have isolated it to this: When I enabled the Power service in msconfig (which is required for Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, which is required for Windows Audio and therefore sound), the freezes came back. Any idea why this process would cause issues?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/367225-freeze-few-minutes-after-boot-however-safe-mode-works-fine.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, I am getting a BSOD every time I boot up in normal mode.  If I boot into Safe Mode, I can run forever.  I am not sure what could be causing it.  I tried reinstalling my video driver.  I also ran memory diagnostics, and it reported that everything was fine.  
Any ideas?  I captured the BSOD log and will paste it below to see if that can help pinpoint the problem.  Almost every time I see the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA string.  I have no idea what that could mean.  Thanks in advance for any help.  I desperately need to get my computer back on its feet.  Thanks again.

A:BSOD on normal boot, safe mode works fine

Since this isn't occurring in Safe Mode I would suggest running a Clean Boot to see if this is a problem with a Service or a startup item.  You will know if it is a Service after you reboot in step 3b, if it is a service this problem will not reoccur in normal mode.

***This is a diagnotic tool for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.  This will not repair your computer, but it may point to where the problem lies so that a repair can be made.***

Warning:  Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended.  For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Step 1

(1)  Click on the Start orb , then type msconfig.exe in the Search programs and files box.  

(2)  When msconfig is seen in the pane above the search box and under Programs, right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation. 

Step 2

(1)  Click on the General tab.   

(2)  Click the Selective startup option. 

(3)  Remove the check mark in the Load startup items  check box. 

Step 3

(1)  Click on the Services tab. 

(2)  Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running. 

(3)  Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list, then click on Apply, then OK.  Click on Restart in the window that opens.

Caution:  By disabling the Services your antivirus will not be active, for this reason I suggest that this process not be run while online.

If the problem does not reoccur after the reboot continue with the process of elemination to find the Service which is causing this in Option A.  If the problem does reoccur after the reboot go to Option B.

Option A

**The following is a process of elimination to find the Service or Startup item that is causing your problem**.  

*  If the problem does not reoccur after the restart go back to Services and place check marks in half of the boxes and restart the computer.  

*  If the problem still does not continue return to Services and remove the check marks that were added, then place check marks in the remaining half of the boxes and restart the computer.

If the problem resumes after a restart in one of these halves, you will procede with this process in the half where the problem occurs.  If this does not continue in either half you should repeat this process in Sartup. 

*  In the half of the Services that the problem is found, remove one check mark at a time and restart the computer to see if that  is the Service causing the problem.  Continue to do this with the Services untill the service causing this problem is  found.

Option B

Search Startup itmesIf the problem is not found in Services, remove all of the check marks, click on the Startup tab and repeat the search process there.

Caution:  If this is a laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.

If this problem is found post the Service or Startup item that is causing it. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523551/bsod-on-normal-boot-safe-mode-works-fine/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi there thank goodness !!! fine desktop to Server !! Windows works 2012 Boot REAL --for the moment you can get the benefits of W with a DESKTOP presented after boot although metro is there too of course --but it starts in the desktop The trick is to use W SERVER Read the remark on the installation choice if you are goung to try it - Note using a REAL Boot to desktop Windows 2012 Server !!! works fine !! server as a desktop OS is a bit fiddly to configure --worthwhile once you've done it REAL Boot to desktop Windows 2012 Server !!! works fine !! --but remember SOME of your programs might not work because you are on a server Most quot Normal quot ones will Acrinis backup won't --it wants the server version --but just use the stand alone bootable version For screenshots I've got them in this thread over at W forums --I installed it as a VM on W -- didn't want TWO quot Preview quot os'es running on top of each other You can download W server --doesn't need any keys --expiry same as W Release preview Here's the link second post in the thread note ist time I tried it failed --hence the title of the thread but after a bit of fiddling it's fine and install time around mins on a decent laptop GB intel I Sony VAIO Windows server Release Candidate fails install with vmware rel - Windows Forums Cheers jimbo

A:REAL Boot to desktop Windows 2012 Server !!! works fine !!

I'll go for it as my desktop OS !

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7518-real-boot-desktop-windows-2012-server-works-fine.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So for some time now I have had intermittent network issue while booted into Windows ping my gateway router fine ping dns names like www google co uk www unixmen com and www microsoft com all work fine Ping my ISP DNS servers fine however if I attempt web browsing or application updates all fail with no internet access I have tried ethernet and wireless both results are the same across two ISP providers Virgin and BT If I reboot to Linux and attempt all above I have no issues at all so this is a Windows issue for sure HISTORY I have attempted to investigate this myself and had limited success with Dr Web Cureit which reported probably DFH HOST corrupted but I believed this to be a false positive due to my modification of my host file to limit Windows call home etc Note All has been working fine regardless of host mods Anyway I allowed Dr Web works Linux - Windows boot odd dual network fine 10 issue Cureit to fix rebooted and low and behold all worked ok this is no longer the case So I am struggling to identify the cause of this issue and would very much appreciate your help here please All efforts to correct this myself are now stopped Regards Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Charlie administrator on CHARLIE-PC - - Running from N Loaded Profiles Charlie Available Profiles Charlie amp DefaultAppPool Platform Windows Pro X Language English United Windows 10 odd network issue - Linux dual boot works fine Kingdom Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe QIHU SOFTWARE CO LIMITED C Program Files x Total Security safemon QHActiveDefense exe Sphinx Software C Program Files Windows FirewallControl Windows FirewallService exe CSIS Security Group C Program Files x Heimdal Service HeimdalAgentService exe Microsoft C Program Files x Heimdal HeimdalSecureDNS DNSService exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe SecureMix LLC C Program Files x GlassWire GWCtlSrv exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mqsvc exe Qihu Software Co Limited C Program Files x Total Security safemon QHWatchdog exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VEEAMSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Program Files x Razer Razer Services GSS GameScannerService exe C Program Files Reason Security Protection rscp bin rscp svc exe Reason Software Company Inc C Program Files Reason Security rsEngineSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe GlavSoft LLC C Program Files TightVNC tvnserver exe Company C Program Files x Popcorn Time Updater exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SystemApps ShellExperienceHost cw n h txyewy ShellExperienceHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SystemApps Microsoft Windows Cortana cw n h txyewy SearchUI exe C Program Files Reason Security Protection rscp bin rscp bg exe NVI... Read more

A:Windows 10 odd network issue - Linux dual boot works fine

Dear All,

Please do not look into this suspected infection it turned out to be a corrupt .ddl file for my firewall Glasswire that was causing what looked like an infection.

Thanks to FRST tool and viewing the Additional.txt it was starring me right in the eye.

Mods please close

Regards
Kevin

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589782/windows-10-odd-network-issue-linux-dual-boot-works-fine/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi i have a old computer , it works fine right now , but i had to get it repaired over 5 times and i had to pay the guy around ?20 each time , the pc works right now

but

there i a problem when i want to boot a cd xp from the pc ( install xp agin) the keyboad works fine when the pc is on like on word ( its a usb keyboard) but when my pc crashes i and i want to to to the boot menue and i add my cd in it says' press a key to begin' bang my key board just doesnt work , press all the buttons and none of them work

my pc is working fine right now but i would like to take precuations so i cant boot the cd my self , why dosnet my keyboad work i tired another usb keyboard aswell and same problem

if possible help thanks

A:Old xp computer keyboard works fine but when on boot menue it dont work

I think you will probably need to temporarily connect whichever alternative keyboard (PS/2 or AT) the system has input for, enter the BIOS setup as indicated on the boot screen, and enable an option which is commonly called Legacy USB. The system should then respond to the USB keyboard prior to Windows starting.

This often occurs on older systems when the CMOS data has been reset back to BIOS default values. Make sure the CMOS backup battery hasn't gone flat, or it is likely to happen again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297905/old-xp-computer-keyboard-works-fine-but-when-on-boot-menue-it-dont-work/
Relevancy 66.65%

I was getting a lot of BSOD so I used my recovery cd and started over After all windows updates were installed after the computer has been off for a long time on boot I get the windows system config system is misisng or corrupt and i can use my windows cd to do repair If I power off and power up again right Boot - fine? windows\system32\config\system reboot - works away same message If I just let it sit there for a minute then turn it off and back on boom works perfectly Occasionally I will get ain IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL but rarely once windows shows the desktop SO I thought maybe this was a hard drive issue and I got a new hard drive and cloned the old one Same thing with the new one I assume this could be software so I just took the issue from one drive to the other But I'm wondering if this is some other kind of hardware issue and where should I start

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/boot-windows-system32-config-system-reboot-works-fine-619874.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Please help me with this issue with my computer I got home from school today and tried to use my dell desktop and it seems to work fine for about seconds and then it just freezes like caps lock light wont safe fine mode minutes freezing in a + after Works networking Computer few boot. toggle and requires a hard shutdown kind of freeze Computer freezing a few minutes after boot. Works fine in safe mode + networking It appears to work fine in safe mode I tried to fix it myself by disabling all the non-Microsoft drivers but it still freezes in normal mode The only part in the system that isn't stock is a nvidia graphics card but it has worked fine for a few months plus I disabled the nvidia driver in msconfig along with everything else non-Microsoft to no avail This seems to have come out of nowhere because it worked fine this morning I left it on during the day though Please help me I've done all I know how to do Edit Forgot to mention one Computer freezing a few minutes after boot. Works fine in safe mode + networking last thing The Norton subscription ran out today so I tried to uninstall it but the computer would always freeze before I could run something for that long Safe mode doesn't allow uninstalling either

A:Computer freezing a few minutes after boot. Works fine in safe mode + networking

Hello,

Try clean booting the PC and see if we maybe narrow down what is causing the freezing.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Once we have the freezing issue resolved you can then uninstall Norton using there uninstaller. Norton Uninstaller

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezing-a-few-minutes-after-boot-works-fine-in-safe-mode-networking-686664.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey I ve been doing some online gaming world of warcraft and I kept getting these Error issues This would cause the game files to become corrupted and then I would have to repair fine working sticks, fine together Ram not in single :P Works or reinstall The WoW tech site says that chronic error messages are either a Hard drive Ram or Motherboard Ram Works fine in single sticks, not working fine together :P issue Running the Windows Vista memory diagnostic tool has turned up some odd results the initial test with a gb stick in slot and a gb stick in slot came back with errors I then removed the ram from slot and ran the test on slot with stick of ram no errors I did the same with the other stick in slot no errors this lead me to believe that it was slot giving me the issue so I moved the ram from slot to slot thus having gb of ram in slot and gb of ram in slot After a little while error appeared So I then tested both sticks in slots and together and came back with ram errors I then tested both sticks in slot and then again in slot and both tests came back fine Any ideas on what this issue could be I know both sticks are the same brand speed totally identical nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

My Toshiba satellite will only boot in safe mode tried sfc/scannow getting this message

Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

I've tried a system restore but that wasnt very successful either, if I uploaded the CBS log of the scan could someone try help me with the problem. Thanks

A:BSOD when trying to boot in normal mode, safe mode works fine

You may need to run SFC up to 3 times for it to have a chance to repair all files.

If it won't then you can consider a Repair Install.

However be aware that factory preinstalled Win7 is one of the worst possible installs of Win7 one can have, larded with bloatware and duplicate utilties that intefere with better versions built into Win7. So I would strongly consider doing the vastly superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

If you decide to try to repair you can also capture the BSOD file and post it up for one of our BSOD analysts as shown here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322841-bsod-when-trying-boot-normal-mode-safe-mode-works-fine.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am new to Gen Hyper-V and so Windows from 8.1 not cannot guest x64 format R2 boot supported, 2012 works hyper-v Gen1 Windows file Gen2 or fine - ISO far I simply can't use it because I am unable to install any supported guest OS from an ISO So far I tried that on my HP Z i workstation Secure Boot disabled host running Windows Pro x with Hyper-V feature enabled can't boot any VM with hyper-v cannot boot Gen2 guest from Windows 2012 R2 or Windows 8.1 x64 ISO - file format not supported, Gen1 works fine supported OS ISO my home desktop i K secure Boot enabled host running Windows Pro x same result error hyper-v cannot boot Gen2 guest from Windows 2012 R2 or Windows 8.1 x64 ISO - file format not supported, Gen1 works fine during VM boot from ISO quoted below Synthetic SCSI controller instance blah blah Failed to Power on with Error 'The version does not support this version of file format' Gen guests of course work perfectly fine with those ISOs because emulated DVD IDE picks up the official Enterprise Evaluation ISO of either Windows Server R or Windows x Enterprise perfectly fine and all works OK in Legacy boot mode When I create a new guest and select Gen then no matter if I check or uncheck the Secure Boot in virtual Boot Order options for the guest while setting the SCSI DVD at top of course it simply doesn't work always same error I tried first connecting to VM to see if it prompts for key press but it doesn't the error is instant on Power on when supported ISO image is selected to be booted I verified that both of official Enterprise Evaluation ISO's of either WS r and W x are bootable in both the UEFI mode Secure Boot enabled and Legacy BIOS mode using a physical computer What am I missing here

A:hyper-v cannot boot Gen2 guest from Windows 2012 R2 or Windows 8.1 x64 ISO - file format not supported, Gen1 works fine

Copying fixed my issues since I downloaded from the TechNet Eval Center and it puts a "parse" attribute on the file.  Copying with Windows Explorer removes the attribute: http://blog.ctaggart.com/2013/12/bug-of-day-couldnt-mount-file-in.html

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bcd32697-6091-454d-8828-75dbe1879a03/hyperv-cannot-boot-gen2-guest-from-windows-2012-r2-or-windows-81-x64-iso-file-format-not?forum=w8itprovirt
Relevancy 60.63%

Since getting my custom built PC, I have a BSOD that occurs after about 2 minutes of getting past the welcome screen and I only have this BSOD on a cold boot. If you could please help me and give me some advice on what i should do I would be extremely grateful!

I originally posted this BSOD on Seven forums: BSOD on first boot then okay! (NTOSKRNL.exe) - Windows 7 Forums
Thank You!

A:BSOD on a cold boot! After BSOD works fine!

You have about 15 dump files since 1/6/2013 and the causes for BSOD's with different processes. You might have a bad memory stick. Download Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool , burn, then boot up from CD to run the test

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/18673-bsod-cold-boot-after-bsod-works-fine.html
Relevancy 59.77%

The BSODs started yesterday while I was watching a live stream on YouTube. Since then, they have been frequently occurring, usually while I am browsing. I left CHKDSK running overnight and it seemed to have completed, but I could not locate the log. HDD's SMART values seem to be fine and memory tests have not shown any issues either. 

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip is attached.

I tried generating the perform report too, but got an error: An error occured while attempting to generate the report. The operator or administrator has refused the request.

· OS - Windows 8.1· x64· Original OS - Windows 8· OEM· Age of system (hardware) - 10 months· Age of OS installation - Original, just reset to factory settings once 8 months or so ago.· CPU - Intel i7-4700MQ· Video Card - nVidia GeForce GT755M / 2GB GDDR5· Lenovo· Y510p (20217)· Laptop

Would appreciate any help and many thanks in advance. 

A:Repeated BSODs on Win 8.1

Update: A couple of hours after posting this, I got the BSOD again. I recalled that there were some Windows Updates recently, so I removed them (about 5-6 from 28th July) and since then, it hasn't happened again. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584707/repeated-bsods-on-win-81/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I've been getting BSODs for the last 2-3 months, since upgrading board and CPU. I had tried the usual troubleshooting, without any progress, so I've reinstalled Windows clean. Before I'm even finished setting up (after first batch of Windows' updates) I'm getting more crashes.
The errors are various memory/paging related codes, but rarely, if ever, with the same driver/file listed.

Hardware:
CPU: Phenom 2 x6 1100T,
GPU ATI Radeon HD 5770,
Board: GA-9990FXA-D3,
PSU: Antec 750W
RAM: 16GB (4GB x 4),
Storage: 4 SATA HDD (1TB x2, 500GB, 320GB), Pioneer DVD

Attached is the most recent BSOD output using your utility, I'll add further detail if needed.

A:repeated BSODs

Hello niel-archer and welcome to TSF!

2 dumps attached, one is a 50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA bugcheck pointing to the culprit atikmdag.sys (ATI video driver). The second dump is a 1a: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

Memory Management bugchecks can be indicative of memory failure, however it doesn't always mean that. With this being said:

1. Uninstall your AMD drivers and reinstall the latest version. If you're already on the latest version, I recommend reinstalling an earlier version than the latest to be sure it's not a driver issue.

2. If driver reinstalls don't fix the issue, I'm going to recommend running Memtest86+:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

Run Memtest86+ for no less than 6-7 passes. This will take multiple hours, so run before work or sleep.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-655695.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Over the past week I have been getting several BSOD restarts. I downloaded SP1 (running Vista), but it happened again today. I do not have the right program to read the .dmp files, and when I tried to attach them it wouldn't let me. The error codes from before the SP1 install were:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000004
BCP2: 0000001B
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 81CB1F60
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

and the codes from today were:
BCCode: 19
BCP1: 00000020
BCP2: 83FA3F58
BCP3: 83FA3FC8
BCP4: 080E0002
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Thanks in advance for any help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bsods.105263/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello For some time now I ve been struggling with BSODs with several different error messages I ve tried a lot and haven t been able to solve them since It all started about two weeks ago My computer has been running smoothly for about months I have the following setup Gigabyte P -DS rev Intel Core Duo E not OCd GB Kingston DDR - strips GeForce GTS MB Samsung Spinpoint HD LJ GB I Repeated BSODs m running Vista Business with all recent updates The first Repeated BSODs BSOD was after about hour of using the computer and came with the errormessage quot MEMORY MANAGEMENT quot No file was specified I rebooted and just hoped it didn t happen again Though after restarting I got another one with the same error message about minutes after the reboot That same day the computer became unusable Sometimes the BSOD appeared even before I could enter my password to login Also the error message sometimes appeared as quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot Now I knew I had a big problem Things I ve tried - Update every possible driver even for my keyboard mouse etc - Check the hardware to check for loose connectors nothing found - Take out one memory strip tried either one of the strip on it s own and in diferent slots - Update the BIOS to it s latest version - Formatted the entire computer I ve tried installing XP but I couldn t get through the installation without getting a BSOD So I m totally lost atm I might have missed a lot of information that could be useful but I will post that whenever something is needed This forum is pretty much my last hope I ve attached a dumplog that I got from the quot debugwiz quot utility -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Opened log file c debuglog txt Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol search path is SRV c windows symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is C Windows C Windows system C Windows system drivers Windows Vista Kernel Version MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by x fre vista gdr - Kernel base x c PsLoadedModuleList x d e Debug session time Thu Apr GMT System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffdc c Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A e cbd b Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffdc c Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffdc c Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Probably caused by win k sys win k vSolidFillRect Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v r kv lmtn logclose q Bugcheck Analysis IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg e memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg bitfield bit value read operation write operation bit value not an execute operation execute operation only on chips which support this level of status Arg cbd b address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffdc c Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PE... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repeated-bsods.704573/
Relevancy 59.77%

My OS is win 7 64bit OEM home premium
system is 1.5 yrs old and i hav'nt reinstalled my OS

CPU is i5 430
videocard is ati 5730 with switchable graphics
Model is lenovo Y560 laptop

I m suffring frm this problm fr quite a while...BSOD occurs on starting of any game or video while wrkin with ati graphics...intel graphics wrk fyn...
plz help...thnx in adv

A:repeated BSODs ....

Hi -

One of the 6 dumps was corrupted, indicating possible hardware failure.

For now. . .

Update ATI video driver -

Code:
atikmpag.sys Tue Jun 29 21:48:33 2010 (4C2AA271)
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys

Remove Daemon Tools/ Alcohol 120 until BSOD epidemic is over -

Code:

sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 16:55:14 2009 (4AD24632)
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=sptd.sys

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\122311-26052-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.16841.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110622-1503
Debug session time: Thu Dec 22 14:26:36.738 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:29:58.970
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+6c80 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`044104e0 fffff880`00d7fc80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 30CN59WW
BiosReleaseDate = 06/30/2010
SystemManufacturer = LENOVO
SystemProductName = IdeaPad Y560
MaxSpeed: 2270
CurrentSpeed: 2261
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\122311-26847-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Thu Dec 22 13:56:01.915 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:12.772
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`03f71390 fffff880`04206c80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 30CN59WW
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\122311-29780-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Thu Dec 22 13:30:08.543 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:09:22.400
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+4df )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: TrustedInstall
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+4df
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffffa80`2d40f1eb 00000000`00000000 fffff800`0389c46f 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 30CN59WW
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\122211-37830-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Thu Dec 22 04:20:05.871 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:43.102
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`093cb4e0 fffff880`00c06c80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 30CN59WW
SystemManufac... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-620180.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I have been plagued by BSODs lately I have been experiencing them mainly as periodic crashes while surfing the web but I have come back several times to see the Repeated BSODS dreaded Repeated BSODS quot your system has recovered quot box When I am present I see several different BSOD errors such as Bad Pool Header PNF Memory IRQ Not less or equal etc I have tried to do a system restore and resetting the virtual memory and it seemed to work for like - days Then the BSODs came back with a vengeance I checked the problem flag and windows blamed win Small ca trojan as a problem but nothing has Repeated BSODS been detected by any antivirus scans I posted to the malware virus forums just to be safe I installed and tried to use WinDbg myself but I can't make anything out of the results I am at a loss Any help would be greatly appreciated My computer stats are below and the required files are zipped and attached Please help My computer was hand built and has been updated several times over the years Windows bit re-installed in July or beginning of Aug EVGA GeForce GTS G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBHK AMD Phenom II ghtz Dual Core MSI -G socket AM Cooler Master Silent Pro w PSU GB WD HDD One DVD-RW and a CD DVD drive and I use a USB KB Mouse combo but also have a standard KB

A:Repeated BSODS

I am taking a look at your dump files right now

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-618647.html
Relevancy 58.91%

First time posting on this forum, so please bear with me.

I've had 4 BSODs since 06/06/15 including 3 in the last 3 days due to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I don't see any particular pattern between when these occur except for that the last 2 times it happened about 5-10 minutes after my laptop is brought out of hibernation/ booted up from off; but it doesn't happen every time. Also, its happened at least twice when watching Sky Go through a HDMI cable connected to my TV.

My system's information collected using the DM Log collector Tool is attached to this post.

Any help would be much appreciated, and if any more details are required please let me know.

A:Repeated DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSODs

Hi ng2 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Unfortunately, the ZIP file attached by you is empty and hence does not contain any minidump files for us to analyze . Could you please re-run the utility and upload the ZIP file again (Please make sure that it is not empty).

-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67397-repeated-driver_power_state_failure-bsods.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I keep getting irregular bsods One is in Photoshop CS which was the last before I generated the Windows NT BSOD jcgriff report Only happens with certain adjustments such as bsods variable repeated image adjust exposure Sometimes only hangs PS repeated variable bsods others bsod May also happen seemingly randomly like double clicking control panel shortcut to open or browsing in firefox Have also had hangs bsod browsing adobe bridge and Bibble Pro Other seemingly random and nothing under any heavy utilization Video card tech rep suggested I try uninstall of intellipoint since I though PS issue might be due to video card This fixed some display quirks but did not cure the BSODs I have run sfc scannow already nothing found Note the perfmon reprt procedure didn't work message nothing found but I generated the same report from Control Panel All Control Panel Items Performance Information and Tools Advanced Tools generate a system health report and saved it Also note that right click send to did not offer the compressed zio option so I used freeware -zip instead Is Windows - x -bit or x - the original installed OS on the system yes note I originally installed as a multiboot with rtm xp and rc on different drives xp and rc since removed and partitions reformatted I had to run quot repair my computer quot from install disk to restore mbr after removing xp but did not reinstall - an OEM or full retail version retail - What is the age of system hardware mb cpu dram and system drive months video card months one optical drive about one month data hds and another optical drive various up to two years What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS one year System drive contents transferred to new hard drive using western digital utility with no reported hitches I changed mb and cpu two months ago but that did not require any type of reinstall only re-validation Various hw drivers installed with new hardware The mbr repair was several months ago before the issue started

A:repeated variable bsods

Hello,

I would also suspect a graphics problem. Do you have another video card you can try? Perhaps you could purchase one from a store that would allow you to return it if you don't need it. You can also check with a friend to see if s/he will lend you one.

You can also try running Furmark: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Finally, try running Prime95. Run both the Blend and Small FFTs tests.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Thu Dec 16 12:32:47.222 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:55:03.126
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
PROCESS_NAME: AvastSvc.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/131669-repeated-variable-bsods.html
Relevancy 58.91%

hello people been using Windows amp for the past few months now and I really must say its the best windows edition so far The windows Installation was working fine for the past months when I started to have BSODs all of a sudden within - minutes of booting My PC had been reset about - time before in Repeated RC.:| BSODs 7 Windows than due to power trips I tried to find out the exact problem but the BSODs were too frequent to really do anything about them So I reinstalled windows RC But the BSODs have continued even after reinstallaion but they are not so frequent now so I have been able to find out more info IobuildpartialMdl was called with a virtual address range outside the range of the source MDL stop code x E heres what even viewer says The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e x Repeated BSODs in Windows 7 RC.:| d x a d x b Repeated BSODs in Windows 7 RC.:| x ff A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - mind you the windows RC installation was working flawlessly for months before these BSODs I tried googling but there was nothing relevant regarding my particular problem Thanks in advance

A:Repeated BSODs in Windows 7 RC.:|

My guess based on past experience is that it will be either a ram or power supply problem. when i have come across these type of things in previous versions of windows one of the two is nearly always to blame.

try swapping out and testing if you can.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/14294-repeated-bsods-windows-7-rc.html
Relevancy 58.91%

BSoD while Repeated BSoDs, Freezing attaching file and about to post a new thread Check Hi first off I'm Repeated BSoDs, Freezing new to Windows so this whole thing could be my own fault for all I know Repeated BSoDs, Freezing But to start I had a system put together for me and Windows Ultimate -bit installed because I thought why not try it out after hearing all the good things about it and Repeated BSoDs, Freezing what not But since day I have been preferring what I had with my old system that ran Vista- I've been suffering BSoDs around the corner - At the login screen that is right after the computer has finished starting up - While installing DirectX - While re-installing Win as suggested to me by my system builder - While re-installing Win - While re-installing Win I still have the Windows old folders which take up a bit of space I was told that these were supposed to have been deleted during the process but I couldn't see and option that would have done this - Trying to install software - Trying to run programs And I've been suffering freezing either followed by BSoD or nothing around some corners - Trying to watching Youtube as soon as a click play or a few seconds afterward - Trying to scan with Trend Micro Now with the problem I have I kind of deduced it would either be a compatibility problem hardware problem or driver problem or software because of driver hardware problem So like I said before I'm new with Windows especially the -bit part I've only read here and there so what I wanted to know was - Can I still be able to run -bit programs e g something is compatible for Win - but not - or would that be a different scenario - Do I have to install these programs into C Program Files x - When I plug in a new device that would begin an installation would my computer know whether it is compatible or not Or would it be better to install the device manually before plugging it in if a CD installer has been provided Also in terms of compatibility if my hardware can all work with each other My systems builder assures me that it can The next possibility would be a hardware problem which I doubt because I'm assuming anyway that the parts would be fresh-out-of-the-box leading us to Drivers I've installed the major drivers after my th attempt of reinstalling Win such as motherboard sound graphics etc Also I've checked with my device manager and apparently they are up to date I even re-downloaded the latest graphics driver for my card as I believe that my graphics card could be the problem So as you can see I just can't put my finger onto the source of my problems so would like it if anyone could get back to me as soon as they could as I need my system to be up and running and stable as soon as possible I have attached a RAR with the scan that was required for posting a thread about BSoD although I haven't done the Performance test as I did not know exactly what to do - there was no save as option There was an export option but I wasn't exactly sure which I would be exporting PS quot Documents quot also doesnt work for me it says quot 'Documents-library ms' is no longer working This library can be safely deleted from your computer Folders that have been included will not be affected quot Same with quot Pictures quot and quot Music quot I also apologise if my text seems wrapped I'm typing in Safe Mode and I know because I've read another thread from someone else who was typing in safe mode it may turn out that way because of the adjusted resolution I know I might be able to change it but after my whole experience for the past couple days I do not want to touch anything unless I'm trying to fix my issues Edit Sorry if the post seems too long I'm trying to get as much info as well as providing as much detail as possible Also I forgot to include some specs - Windows Ultimate x OEM I also just BSoDed during Safe Mode if that makes any difference

A:Repeated BSoDs, Freezing

Dump is STOP 0x101 (CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) - CPU likely to be the cause.
Please run: Prime95
Run the Blend Prime95 as well as the Small FFTs.

Regards...

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 101, {21, 0, fffff880030a3180, 5}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in an
MP system within the allocated interval. This indicates that the specified
processor is hung and not processing interrupts.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000021, Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, 0.
Arg3: fffff880030a3180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, 0.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_6_PROC

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: d

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`067f5478 fffff800`02e22453 : 00000000`00000101 00000000`00000021 00000000`00000000 fffff880`030a3180 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`067f5480 fffff800`02e7cde7 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`00000005 00000000`00002711 00000000`00000001 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4dfe
fffff880`067f5510 fffff800`033eb895 : fffff800`03410460 fffff880`067f56c0 fffff800`03410460 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeUpdateSystemTime+0x377
fffff880`067f5610 fffff800`02e70c33 : fffff800`02feee80 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000006 : hal!HalpHpetClockInterrupt+0x8d
fffff880`067f5640 fffff800`02e339d9 : fffff880`009b1180 fffff880`067f5850 fffff880`009bc040 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiInterruptDispatchNoLock+0x163
fffff880`067f57d0 fffff800`03170268 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`067f5ca0 fffff800`02e04000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeFlushProcessWriteBuffers+0x65
fffff880`067f5840 fffff800`03170ee5 : 00000000`002ad370 fffff800`0316ce0e 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02e73853 : nt!ExpQuerySystemInformation+0x1368
fffff880`067f5be0 fffff800`02e73993 : fffffa80`06310000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`fffe7960 00000000`00000000 : nt!NtQuerySystemInformation+0x4d
fffff880`067f5c20 00000000`778bfa1a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`00cbf138 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x778bfa1a

SYMBOL_NAME: ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_6_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

BUCKET_ID: X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_6_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

---------

0: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`0420e000 fffff880`0424c000 1394ohci 1394ohci.sys Tue Jul 14 12:07:12 2009 (4A5BCC30)
fffff880`00e0a000 fffff880`00e61000 ACPI ACPI.sys Tue Jul 14 11:19:34 2009 (4A5BC106)
fffff880`01800000 fffff880`0188a000 afd afd.sys Tue Jul 14 11:21:40 2009 (4A5BC184)
fffff880`042dc000 fffff880`042f2000 ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/148193-repeated-bsods-freezing.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello

I had very frequent BSODs of my system lately. I ran memtest who didn't found any errors. SeaToolsforWindows did not found erros on hdd. Every time that system crashed, firefox 3.6.13 was open.

System components:
ASUS P5QPL-AM
Pentium 4 660, 3,60 Ghz
4 GB RAM
nvidia 6600
Window 7 Ultimate x64

Hope in your help

Thanks

A:Win 7 Ultimate repeated BSODs

Warning
Turn off Verifier before you get started!

I suggest that you test your memory (RAM) with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+
- Run at least 7 passes (takes 6-8 hours)
- Do this overnight
- Burn .iso to CD/DVD using a CD burning program. (I recommend Imgburn)
- Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot. Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

If you are overclocking anything (stop and return to default values).

Regards...

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1A, {411, fffff6fc500122d0, 8060000111ade882, fffff6fc500122d1}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+6061 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000411, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffff6fc500122d0
Arg3: 8060000111ade882
Arg4: fffff6fc500122d1

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_411

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880025a57b0 -- (.trap 0xfffff880025a57b0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff8a00245a000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000224
rdx=0000000000000002 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002f7f5c7 rsp=fffff880025a5940 rbp=fffff880025a5c00
r8=fffff8a0023e1000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffa800371f9f0
r11=000000000016019f r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
nt!ObReferenceObjectByHandleWithTag+0xe7:
fffff800`02f7f5c7 488b03 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx] ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002c662dd to fffff80002c89640

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`025a5458 fffff800`02c662dd : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00000411 fffff6fc`500122d0 80600001`11ade882 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`025a5460 fffff800`02cbaa71 : 80600001`11ade882 fffff6fc`500122d0 0000007f`fffffff8 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x6061
fffff880`025a54b0 fffff800`02ca725f : 00000000`00000000 80500001`0223f882 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02e0dbc0 : nt!MiResolveTransitionFault+0x381
fffff880`025a5540 fffff800`02c9743b : ffff0000`01fb860f fffff880`00961000 fffffa80`0638f650 fffff880`00961000 : nt!MiDispatchFault+0x95f
fffff880`025a5650 fffff800`02c8776e : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0245a890 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0245a890 : nt!MmAccessFault+0xe1b
fffff880`025a57b0 fffff800`02f7f5c7 : fffff800`02f7f4e0 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02fa4000 fffff800`03126b63 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`025a5940 fffff800`02fa4119 : fffff880`025a5c00 fffffa80`00000002 fffffa80`03718570 fffffa80`0485f701 : nt!ObReferenceObjectByHandleWithTag+0xe7
fffff880`025a5a10 fffff800`02fa47f6 : fffff880`025a5bf8 00000000`00000224 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!IopXxxControlFile+0x789
fffff880`025a5b40 fffff800`02c888d... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/146843-win-7-ultimate-repeated-bsods.html
Relevancy 58.91%

STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8058ADE2, 0xB8C8396C, 0x00000000)

Actions taken thus far:

1) reinstalled Windows XP SP2

2) replaced HDD and reinstalled Windows XP SP2

3) new Kingston 256MB - Memtest86 still gave the same errors

4) replaced video card and used different monitor

5) new CDRW and new data cables

6) new 400 w P/S

7) brand new P3 866 CPU with different fsb and multiplier from Celeron 900

8) replaced motherboard with another ASUS P3V133 - more errors on Memtest86.
Now Windows XP will not complete pre-installation file loading.

Inasmuch as there is little else to replace except me, I am considering the possibility that either the slotket has failed, or the original motherboard may have had a faulty voltage regulator that may have damaged the L2 cache for both CPUs.

I'll buy one more P3 CPU before I let this machine beat me.

A:repeated BSODs at the same address

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315335
Theres a chance that your particular mobo isnt compatable with the RAM or your RAM settings arent right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bsods-at-the-same-address.42856/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I have a Home Premium Vista bit BSODs and Crashes Repeated on my Lenovo Y laptop I've had problems where my laptop will restart after showing the BSOD This problem has been happening off and on for about two months and I've done everything to Repeated BSODs and Crashes try and fix it Repeated BSODs and Crashes including sending my laptop back to Lenovo and many system restores Lenovo said there was nothing wrong with my laptop when there obviously was and after I received the laptop from them it worked properly for about a month before the BSODs happened again Also recently wlanext exe has been failing and I get a message immediately after startup that the LAN Framework has stopped working so I'm wondering if perhaps the crashes are network-related as I exclusively use Wireless Internet I've also noticed that often times the error codes and messages on the BSODs vary This problem has been a huge pain and it seems the internet doesn't have the answer so I come to you guys hoping and praying for a solution Here's my latest memory dmp debugging report Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Server Windows Vista Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre vistasp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff e c PsLoadedModuleList xfffff dd Debug session time Wed Jan GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A fffffa bfa fffff eb f Page b not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Probably caused by memory corruption nt MiRemoveAnyPage Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg fffffa bfa memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg bitfield bit value read operation write operation bit value not an execute operation execute operation only on chips which support this level of status Arg fffff eb f address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ Page b not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details WRITE ADDRESS fffffa bfa CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt MiRemoveAnyPage fffff eb f c or qword ptr rax h r DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA PROCESS NAME chrome exe TRAP FRAME fffffa b e -- trap xfffffa b e NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax fffffa bf rbx rcx rdx fffffa c rsi rdi rip fffff eb f rsp fffffa b rbp r r fffffffffffff r r r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe cy nt MiRemoveAnyPage x fffff eb f c or qword ptr rax h r ds bfa Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff ea ee to fffff ea STACK TEXT fffffa b fffff ea ee a fffffa bfa nt KeBugCheckEx fffffa b a fffff ea cb fffffa nt KiBugCheckDispatch x e fffffa b e fffff eb f fffff nt KiPageFault x b fffffa b fffff ebdefb fffffa fffffa fffffa e nt MiRemoveAnyPage x fffffa b d fffff ec b b nt MiResolveDemandZeroFault x b fffffa b fffff ebefd fffff da fffff da fffffa nt MiResolveProtoPteFault x fffffa b e fffff ebc dd b fffffa fffffa nt MiDispatchFau... Read more

A:Repeated BSODs and Crashes

You posted only one crash report, which makes almost impossible to make any diagnosis. In any case, it indicates "memory_corruption".Download BlueScreenViewNo installation required.Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288675/repeated-bsods-and-crashes/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi-am having trouble with multiple BSODS involving ntfs.sys and https.sys. Happens frustratingly randomly.
Toshiba Satellite L300D running Win 7 Ultimate.

Any help Appreciated. Archive attached.

Cheers,

P

A:Repeated BSODS over the last 3 months!

You definitely need to reduce the items you got on start-up.

Perform a Clean boot:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Reduce items at start-up. No software except anti-virus is required plus doing this improves the time for logging into windows:How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it.

Hard Drive Diagnostics
Double click and open my computer.
Right click on desired drive and hit properties.
Click on tools tab and Check now.

Read complete instructions on the tutorial: Disk Check

Other Tests:

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using Crystal Disk Info.
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website.
Test your Hard Drive with SeaTools.

Temp Monitoring

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWMonitor.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download
HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Upload a screen shot with either of the tools: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

No specifics of the BSOD yet..

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\Compressed\Fugue SF_19-01-2014\Fugue SF_19-01-2014\011914-54210-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x8301c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x831654d0
Debug session time: Mon Jan 20 01:04:04.625 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 21:46:18.669
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 19, {20, 8600d000, 8600d300, 8600000}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 8318584c
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 83164e20
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+1b1 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
v... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352826-repeated-bsods-over-last-3-months.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I had a friend build my brother-in-law a computer and it keeps randomly getting the dreaded BSOD It ran Crysis for an hour and then crashed I load up email it crashed It s got all of the updates and drivers for audio video chipset etc etc Here are the specs ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name WANGSTA Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Windows on Repeated 7 BSODs Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model EP -UD P BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Repeated BSODs on Windows 7 ATI Radeon HD Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI Repeated BSODs on Windows 7 display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS E B amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model FHD Monitor Id GWY A Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name atiu p dll aticfx dll aticfx dll atiu pag aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE -D - CF- - C A C C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID xE B I don t know anything about PC s and the guy who built it is usally pretty good at these things but he is stumped Attached are the crash reports from the event viewer Please I need some serious help with this because it s been a paperweight for some time Also memtest and chkdsk came back clean We re reinstalled OS and we replaced the motherboard nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello again Sevenforums help team In my last post in which errors of a similar nature were occuring visible here my computer simply died Since that time I've replaced the power supply and had the motherboard RMA'd I thought it would be the necessary fresh start that I needed to remedy the problems but the BSODs are back and with much greater frequency In fact I'm forced to when repeated practically BSODs Random, anything. doing upload the rar file from my laptop as attempting to open Google Chrome on the plagued computer caused another crash Random, repeated BSODs when doing practically anything. I should note that I'm entirely unsure of what sort of error is causing this as they seem random - sometimes they happen when I'm opening a program other times they just pop out of nowhere One trend I did seem to notice however is that flash plug-ins applications and other programs crash constantly before the computer shuts itself down I've been told it could be the memory sticks that I'm using but after running memtest on the individual sticks for at least passes each I'm not sure As always any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Random, repeated BSODs when doing practically anything.

Being that it was a 650W Corsair PSU (meaning, either the TX650, TX650 V2, HX650, or even the AX650), it was definitely not caused by the PSU unless it was brand new and also defective.

What PSU did you replace it with? Make and model?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290827-random-repeated-bsods-when-doing-practically-anything.html
Relevancy 58.48%

After installing Windows updates I got an onscreen message that an update was available for Adobe Air Was not familiar with this program so checked it out it BSODs updating Air Adobe after Repeated seemed valid so I installed the update Shortly thereafter I got a BSOD Restarted the computer in safe mode tried to uninstall Adobe Air using Control Panel Programs amp Features Repeated BSODs after updating Adobe Air got an error message to the effect that I could not uninstall without Administrator privilieges which is very strange since I am only user and AM the Administrator My husband suggested just going into the C drive in My Computer and deleting it the old fashioned way which I did Also deleted Air from Recycle Bin so it should be GONE At first it seemed to solve the problem computer started up as normal and I was able to go into other programs However BSOD returned My husband restarted and ran Norton Quick Scan then restarted again computer started up but soon returned to BSOD On one of these forays I noticed something about a corruppted driver but it did not stay on the blue screen long enough to determine what it said Now computer turns on but even Windows open screen does not come up This is a brand new Lenovo X Carbon A one without actual FN keys -- these are the adaptive type so not really sure that clicking on repeated F is leading to Safe Mode in any case computer appears to turn itself off after a couple of minutes Now I really don't know what to do -- I would suspect a defect in the computer but it seemed to be working fine prior to update of Adobe Air Right now I'd be satisfied just to be able to get into Safe Mode Any ideas

A:Repeated BSODs after updating Adobe Air

Hi

As the issue started after a Windows update and an Adobe AIR update, i would recommend restoring the system to a date prior to this happened. 

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

Let us know whether it helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534703/repeated-bsods-after-updating-adobe-air/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello New to the Forums here but I've lurked for awhile gleaning valuable information I'm having ALOT of BSODs lately especially when playing online games Diablo and City of Heroes I but mostly 0x03B, - Repeated BSODs varies can play them for awhile but then after a few hours I start having BSODs even after Repeated BSODs - mostly 0x03B, but varies restarting and logging back onto Windows Health report and Dump files are attached My system specs are Win x OEM System is about years old Reinstalled OS and games last month in an attempt to stop blue screens Alienware Area ALX Currently having issues installing Net Always crashes during installation I am running MS Security Essentials I have a hardware firewall part of my router so Windows firewall is disabled I've run Memtestx continuously for successful runs no errors I've run SFC scannow with no errors reported I've downloaded DriverHive and updated all drivers I've downloaded and installed Core Temp and attached the file of temps logged while playing the games and other tasks all core temps were below C I am about to toss my computer out the window Please help

A:Repeated BSODs - mostly 0x03B, but varies

Problem Devices:
Code:
High Definition Audio Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0040&SUBSYS_14622840&REV_1001\5&1BFCEC87&0&0001 This device is disabled.
High Definition Audio Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0040&SUBSYS_14622840&REV_1001\5&317CD945&0&0001 This device is disabled.
Were the above intentional? If so, please explain the troubleshooting steps.
Many of your crashes were DirectX/graphics card related. DirectX comes installed with Windows, so this may indicate Windows corruption. It may also be that you have corrupted drivers or a graphics card hardware problem.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.
Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
Download the drivers you want for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a program
For NVIDIA:Uninstall the NVIDIA Graphics Driver (this should uninstall all NVIDIA software and drivers)
Restart your computer
Make sure NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver, NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, NVIDIA HD Audio Driver, and NVIDIA PhysX System Software are not still listed under Uninstall a program through Control Panel
If any remain of the above, uninstall one at a time
If asked to restart after uninstalling any of the above, do so, and continue uninstalling any remaining NVIDIA items until all are removed

Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
Install the driver you selected for the display cards once Windows starts

Remember to try multiple versions of the graphics drivers, download them fresh, and install the freshly downloaded drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236607-repeated-bsods-mostly-0x03b-but-varies.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there everyone at techsupport Well Am Gautam from INdia Ok here goes my story I have a ASUS P C Delux motherboard - days back i started to get the usual blue screen of death saying that quot DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot then some memory dump and i have to restart my Repeated card BSODs, fault ? at NIC PC Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? And after booting the dialogue box on the windows screen said quot Windows has encountered a serious error the device quot Asus Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? v Pro seems to be responsible quot etc But then i noticed a very unusual activity with my network card I have a cable connection with a modem installed My Lan card is com Gigabit C on board So at many times i used Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? to get the error quot Network cable unplugged quot even when the modem Lan led kept on The surprising thing was that when i used to get this unplugged error the modem cable LAN led didnt went off which made me think that there is no physical disconnection of the cable with the lan card SO when i used to get this uplugged error i have to disable the lan card and enable it once again which allowed me to surf for around - minutes and then again the error poped up And the important thing is that sometimes while enabling the card my screen used to go blank for a second and another blue screen used o come saying that STOP error PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA Some problematic file pciide sys encountered error i dont exactly know what was there on the screen So i thought that might be my onbard LAN and AGP-PCI i have a pci based asus mb card would be having some IRQ conflict SO i moved my PCI display card to another slot and now my windows system information application says quot IRQ Com Gigabit LOM C OK quot and quot IRQ NVIDIA GeForce MX MX OK quot But nothing helped SO i fianlly disabled my LAN card and intalled the modem using the USB cable After installing the drivers for the modem and doing the necessary settings i have my internet connection up and running without any disconnections or crashes NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED IS MY ONBOARD NIC CARD FAULTY IF YES THEN HOW SHOULD I CONFIRM IT SO THAT I CAN SEND MY MOTHERBOARD FOR REPLACEMENT Though i tried enabling the onboard lan card which obviously now shows cable unplugged as i have connected my modem through usb and still the PC doesnt crashes Kindly give me some feedback as i want to know the root cause of this problem as to why i was getting BSOD s and system freezes when my modem was connected to my on board NIC THanks waiting for ur reply Gautam nbsp

A:Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ?

welcome to techspot.

NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED????? IS MY ONBOARD NIC CARD FAULTY?? IF YES, THEN HOW SHOULD I CONFIRM IT SO THAT I CAN SEND MY MOTHERBOARD FOR REPLACEMENT??Click to expand...

the errors you reported are the result of a hardware problem. run the computer in each of the following configurations until you get a system error or the machine runs flawlessly for a day or two:
-with the onboard NIC on and connected to the modem
-with the onboard NIC on but not connected to anything
-with the onboard NIC disabled in your bios

at a glance, it seems likely that your problems were caused by faulty hardware, but these steps are important for diagnosing the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bsods-nic-card-at-fault.24990/
Relevancy 58.48%

Using WhoCrashed.

Determined BSODs coming from ntoskrnl.exe.

Crashing about once a week, generally at night.

Have run extensive memory tests (MemTest and Windows) with no errors.

Have updated all possible drivers.

Uploading files here in hopes someone can help identify.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated as I can not afford any additional hair loss.

A:NTOSKRNL.EXE - Repeated BSODs - Could use some assistance

I am a big fan of Nir Sofer's work, BUT blueScreenView more often than not, doesn't point out the correct causes. Similarly Who crashed is even worse.

I prefer to use WinDbg (the Windows Debugging Tools) to read the memory dumps. It is the Gold standard for those of us that do this and often will give us the answer by itself. (we don't need the full jcgriff2 report each time).

Your 3 crashes were caused by memory corruption. Probably because of your 2005 asacpi.sys file. It is a huge cause of crashes. In any case we cant investigate the underlying cause until it is updated.

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229047-ntoskrnl-exe-repeated-bsods-could-use-some-assistance.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone thank you for taking the time to visit this post and offer your consideration In the last several hours my main computer has been dipping into increasingly more critical instability The computer has had a number of relatively minor and infrequent issues during start-up for the last few months but nothing Windows in bit 7 BSODs Repeated consistent and 64 I was unable to work around or which were truly problematic Last night however it suffered a BSOD while attempting to load up a game Several hours later it suffered another BSOD while it was unattended In the hours since then it has suffered more BSODs on a fairly consistent schedule regardless of whether or not it is in use or as far as I can Repeated and consistent BSODs in Windows 7 64 bit tell what programs or processes are in use at the moment In addition my main anti-malware software MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free edition has developed a persistent error since this morning It will cause an intractable unescapable hang in the system at a certain point in every attempt to scan forcing me to make a hard reset of the computer The latest BSOD at time of writing produced this error message upon start-up Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP FFFFF FC CD BCP FFFFFFFFC D BCP CFFA BCP FFFFF F B OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Ryan AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml The dmp file will be attached to this post in a zip folder The xml file could not be found or retrieved My system information - Windows Home Premium Home Edition - ST AS SATA Disk Device GB - AMD Phenom II X T Processor GHz - ATI Radeon HD That is unfortunately all the information I can glean with my limited knowledge I can report that EVEREST Home Edition lists my Motherboard as Unknown but that and it's CPU type x MHz and System Memory MB are all the program reports in regards to the Motherboard If there is any more information I can provide please let me know Thank you again for your time

A:Repeated and consistent BSODs in Windows 7 64 bit

Hi

to the Bleeping Computers forum.

This is the error code you had received

Bug Check 0x7A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Technical explanation about this stop code : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559211(v=vs.85).aspx

Usual causes : Hard disk failure , loose cabling , buggy SATA controller driver and in some cases malware infection especially Rootkits.

Please follow the below steps.

Change Hard disk SATA cable. Also reset the power cable.

Run full surface scan on the hard drive.

Download Seatool For DOS from the below link.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

Burn the downloaded ISO to a blank CD.

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/201431en

Boot from the disc and run a long test with it. Report whether it detects any errors during the test. If it detects any bad sectors during the test, may offer to repair them at the end of scan. Please cancel the repairs and post a reply here instead.

Report your findings after doing the above steps. Depending on the health condition of your hard drive, i will provide the next steps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502124/repeated-and-consistent-bsods-in-windows-7-64-bit/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello community Seeing how nicely people unversed in technical matters are and different - BSODs Repeated actions freezing being treated on this forum has encouraged me in seeking help here For I m a retiree and calling me low-brow in technical issues would be the understatement of the year The trouble began with the computer Repeated BSODs and freezing - different actions freezing I d to pull the plug to shut it down Two days later the same And then the blue screens started This is what I did before before I came to the forum activating lt Driver Verifier gt installing BlueScreenView and using lt windbg gt to have a look at the dump files to no avail of course J After the third lt btnetBus sys gt ocurrence I disposed of a bluetooth software called Blue Soleil I replaced Avira with MSE And I deinstalled a software called lt Downloadhelper gt which I used when crashing once again I m gratuful for any advice It would even be helpful to know whether this is a hardware or a software problem

A:Repeated BSODs and freezing - different actions

Welcome aboard.

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269952-repeated-bsods-freezing-different-actions.html
Relevancy 58.48%

As well as I remember, the first one said that I was trying to use something too old to run on my system. After that things were fine for a few days, then it occurred again for no apparent reason. Repetitions have been occurring more and more frequently during all different sorts of applications, sometimes with no application running ... . The bsod message (which goes by faster than I can read it before restart begins) is different each time . This morning the system crashed again as soon as I brought up Firefox. I restarted in safe mode with networking and it crashed again. I restarted in normal Windows mode and it has stayed up for four hours without any problem. This is the usual scenario. sigh. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Muchas gracias, granny v

A:repeated bsods with rest periods

Welcome to the forum.
Virus Check:Make scans with these tools below:TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
Online Virus Scanner Eset
Application conflict:Reduce the start-up items. This will help avoid software conflicts:Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean Startup in Windows 7
System File CheckerThe SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker scans the integrity of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible. If you have modified your system files as in theming explorer/system files, running sfc /scannow will revert the system files to it's default state.Link to full tutorial: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check in Windows 7Run this on your Hard Drive(s). This will show you how to run Check Disk or chkdsk in Windows 7 to check a selected hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it. With both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer LogLink to full tutorial: Disk Check
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Bootable Recovery Tool Wizard Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Bootable Recovery Tool Wizard Public
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public
Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately:Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase
Help protect your PC with Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes Free

Note
Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

Also take a look at: Good & Free System Security Combination
Use Crystal Disk Info to upload a screenshot of your Hard Drives (s).Then test your Hard Drives (s) running a Hard Drive Diag.

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitorHWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Speccy - System Information - Free DownloadPlease upload a summary tab using Speccy. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308481-repeated-bsods-rest-periods.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi after a long time I came back settled in Toronto I found myself in need of superior assistance from the pros Not my laptop but a friends by chance during lunch he mentions his webcam doesn't Win7 inet use, AV on works install updates, no in works, shows "fine"... Webcam work anymore which surprised me cause I had to hold onto his laptop for weeks while he was out of Canada in any case I take a look and yes webcam shows in use by another application yet the webcam looks off and even skype is off so instinct kicks and AV is not working Win updates won't connect nor MB will update Webcam shows in use, no AV install works, on Win7 updates, inet works "fine"... tried to run Kas online install closes by itself and so it happens with every other malware Webcam shows in use, no AV install works, on Win7 updates, inet works "fine"... detection program I tried so I tell him to don't use it while I come back the next day and take it home he managed to install and run some programs after googling around in any case I have the laptop with me and so I decided to get help Here are the Logs DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Pete at on - - Running Processes C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Program Files x Foxit Software Foxit Reader Foxit Cloud FCUpdateService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup TOASTER EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center gs agent dsc exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google ca uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearch Page hxxp www google com uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uProxyServer localhost uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor McIEPlg dll uRun SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe mRun dellsupportcenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P dellsupportcenter mRunOnce quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpdate exe quot quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpdate exe quot uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword mPolicies-System PromptOnSecureDesktop dword IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - C PROGRA MIF BA Office EXCEL EXE IE Send image to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm IE Send page to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - ... Read more

A:Webcam shows in use, no AV install works, on Win7 updates, inet works "fine"...

I forgot to mention, Gmer crashed several times and I had to run it with Sections and C: only, and the title says "on Win7 updates" is "no win7 updates", I can't update the OS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/webcam-shows-in-use-no-av-install-works-on-win7-updates-inet-works-fine-924258.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I've had repeated BSODs for about a month It stopped for about days but then started up again last night They happen seemingly from fltmgr.sys BSODs ntfs.sys, Repeated and ntoskrnl.exe, at random It will crash when I'm not there when I'm playing games like League of Legends and DOSBox or when I'm watching YouTube videos It also has crashed when a shutdown order was given also at the end or during of my AVG Anti-Virus scans As far as trying to keep windows updated that is hit and miss I cannot Repeated BSODs from ntfs.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and fltmgr.sys install SP and random updates will fail their installation System Specs Operating System Windows Professional bit Motherboard ASRock K N D Processor AMD Athlon Memory GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Graphics Card MB GeForce GTX Ti EVGA HDD ST DM - BD ATA Device EDIT I re-installed on a new hard-drive on or around October Attached are the dump records from the diagnostic tool provided by your website Solved Edit Upgraded the MoBo RAM and CPU Re-installed windows Professional bit BSODs no windows update errors no issues at all

A:Repeated BSODs from ntfs.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and fltmgr.sys

Code:
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff88002fbd818, fffff88002fbd080, fffff880010b444e}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsTeardownStructures+18e )

Code:
Usual causes: Disk corruption, insufficient physical memory, Device driver, Indexing, Resident antivirus, backup, defrag programs, Disk/Drive failing/failure
Follow these hard-drive diagnostic procedures:Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
Additional hard-drive tests which can be used:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Post a screenshot of the Crystal Disk Info summary:Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Could you upload a .NFO file:

Start > Type: msinfo32 > File, Save

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267464-repeated-bsods-ntfs-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-fltmgr-sys.html
Relevancy 57.62%

These cursed bluescreencrashes have suddenly appeared and they are driving me crazy because I m no computer guru and my skills are limited So my computer has started crashing every day even twice a day I've got no idea what lies beneth this diabolic behaviour I've done memory tests which havent provided me with annoying BSODs Repeated a beginner troubling any information I'll attach this dump-file here if someone wiser than Repeated annoying BSODs troubling a beginner me could be helpful and say what the problem might be I just want to know whether to drop my computer from the balcony or is it repairable So attached is the SF file which should give information and following info On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code xD xFFFFF FFC E xD x xFFFFF FFC E Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time So I am helpless I'd be thankful if someone wiser expert could give me hints how to fix this problem Thanks in advance Miksu ps this is my first post please advise if it is missing something or so

A:Repeated annoying BSODs troubling a beginner

Hi

Allot of information is missing from your zip, please follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions Grab All and upload them to the forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291764-repeated-annoying-bsods-troubling-beginner.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello This problem started happening somewhat recently and at first I suspected it was the result of an old HDD After replacing the Hard drive and performing a clean install of Windows Home Premium the problem persisted I then found out that some of my RAM could be problematic so I removed all the sticks and tested them one by one during the boot process with MemTest only using while BSODs playing most Repeated video games two of them for now Which were deemed at passing The problem still Repeated BSODs while playing most video games persisted and through a little bit of Repeated BSODs while playing most video games research online I heard that it was possible that my motherboard's RealTek audio drivers could be conflicting with the latest Nvidia HD Audio drivers After uninstalling Nvidia's drivers the problem continued to persist Unfortunately I performed another clean install of Windows last night which erased my previous dmp files but I un fortunately got a new error this morning SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e Caused by driver usbhub sys Caused by address usbhub sys d f The error rarely seems to occur during any other moments other than while playing videogames oddly enough everything seems fine while playing - I'll be receiving - FPS I'm not sure if it is relevant to the error at hand but I seem to be encountering massive dips in FPS as well where my games that normally run at will drop to - FPS Prior to the x e errors I was receiving BSODs which involved paging files as well Any help regarding this would be much appreciated as I'm pretty much at my wit's end here As requested the SF Diagnostic Tool's copy of all info and dump logs If any further information is needed let me know

A:Repeated BSODs while playing most video games

The BSOD is being caused by your Logitech webcam drivers:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff880056034c9, fffff88003145818, fffff88003145070}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for lvbflt64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for lvbflt64.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------
Driver Reference Table - lvbflt64.sys

Please update the driver from here: Support + Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284683-repeated-bsods-while-playing-most-video-games.html
Relevancy 57.62%

*I have read the BSOD posting guide but cannot get my system to stay on long enough to carry the instructions out.*

I have been having repeated BSODs with the following errors:

Bad_pool_caller
dxgmms1.sys
NTFS.sys
win32k.sys
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I am a complete novice when it comes to updating drivers etc but I have managed to update my motherboard BIOS to the most recent version (with no luck). I am unable to attempt to update my video drivers as I experience a BSOD before I have a chance to access the internet.

I am running a Windows 7 64 bit desktop with a ATI HD4xxx (I forget exactly which) graphics card.

If there is any other information I should post please let me know and I'll do my best to get it.

Thanks in advance.

A:Repeated BSODs with a variety of error codes

I see possible video, HDD and RAM problems listed. Other underlying hardware may be causing problems.

Can your system stay up in SAFEMODE?

Tap the F8 key repeatedly during boot-up. Select Safemode w/ Networking. You can run the BSOD file collection app from there, if possible.

If not, run hardware diagnostics.

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

Run HDD diags -
- http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html
- http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html
- Drive diagnostic utilities compendium - TechSpot OpenBoards

Start with SeaTools for DOS.

Download this ISO - http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/s...sDOS223ALL.ISO

Burn ISO to CD with ImgBurn --> The Official ImgBurn Website

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-with-a-variety-of-error-codes-577615.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone,

My PC has been getting a lot of BSOD's lately, and sometimes just plain crashes on startup. I've reformatted several times, and the problem keeps coming back. I thought it might be faulty RAM, so I ran Memtest, which showed that one of my sticks was faulty (I had 3 x 2GB DDR3 RAM). I took 1 stick out, and ran memtest again, and it showed no errors after 10 passes. I reinstalled windows again, and I've still been getting BSODs.

I've attached the files required by the BSOD posting instructions thread.

I'm running:
Windows 7 x64 OEM
Hardware is only about 6 months old.
Running an almost fresh install of windows ATM

A:Repeated BSODs, Dump files included

-BUMP-...any ideas anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/128930-repeated-bsods-dump-files-included.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey all,

Hoping you can make sense of why after about a year of no problems, I am now getting repeated BSODs while doing a wide variety of high, medium, and low memory tasks on my original-install OEM Win 7 Home Premium x64 Dell XPS 9100.

I suspected graphics drivers since the problems started up after updating my ATI drivers for my HD 5670. I ran all kinds of memory diagnostics and everything seemed OK. I uninstalled the driver and ATI Catalyst Install Manager, rebooted in safe mode, ran Driver Sweeper, ran CCleaner, rebooted, reinstalled an earlier ATI driver version, and everything was okay for about a week then the BSODs started again today.

Thanks in advance!

A:Repeated BSODs while browsing, gaming, etc. on XPS 9100

I should also add I suspected the ATI drivers because some of the BSODs mention atikmpag.sys, and the monitor occasionally distorts/freezes up with no BSOD and the only solution is a hard reset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195867-repeated-bsods-while-browsing-gaming-etc-xps-9100-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi everybody Figured it would be worth trying me nuts! Ultimate/SP1 - driving BSODs Repeated Vista this forum have also posted in DELL forums I've got a DELL Vista Ultimate/SP1 - Repeated BSODs driving me nuts! XPS i with Vista some weeks ago and have been plagued with BSODs I have tried numerous things including restoring the factory image My SB X-Fi sounds card has been a headache breaking lost sound in CS S all along and I ended up uninstalling all Creative drivers and software Sound seems to be ok now with the drivers provided by Vista To the problem I get BSODs when the computer is idle Typically this happens if I start a disk clean defrag or just leave the computer after locking it Winkey L When I return I see the startup screen and when logging in Vista tells me it has recovered from a severe error etc This is now driving me nuts and I hope somebody here can help me I have pasted in the error details at the end of the message I have also attached the minidump file s zipped Hope somebody can get some helpful info out of the dminidump files Regards kostrom Knut Ostrom - Oslo Norway XPS i w Vista Ultimate CPU Q MHz - Gb RAM Nvidia Gt x SLI Enabled Creative SB X-Fi Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP F AC BCP BCP A B BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Knut AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Knut AppData Local Temp WERB tmp version txt

A:Vista Ultimate/SP1 - Repeated BSODs driving me nuts!

Originally Posted by kostrom

Hi everybody!

Figured it would be worth trying this forum (have also posted in DELL forums). I've got a DELL XPS 630i with Vista some weeks ago and have been plagued with BSODs. I have tried numerous things, including restoring the factory image. My SB X-Fi sounds card has been a headache (breaking/lost sound in CS:S+++) all along and I ended up uninstalling all Creative drivers and software. Sound seems to be ok now with the drivers provided by Vista.

To the problem: I get BSODs when the computer is idle! Typically this happens if I start a disk clean, defrag or just leave the computer after locking it (Winkey+L). When I return I see the startup screen and when logging in Vista tells me it has recovered from a severe error etc. This is now driving me nuts and I hope somebody here can help me! I have pasted in the error details at the end of the message. I have also attached the minidump file(s) zipped. Hope somebody can get some helpful info out of the dminidump files!

Regards,
kostrom
Knut Ostrom - Oslo, Norway

XPS 630i w/Vista Ultimate 32
CPU Q6850 @ 3.00 MHz - 4 Gb RAM
Nvidia 8800 Gt x2 SLI Enabled
Creative SB X-Fi

<snipped for clarity>

The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/158607-vista-ultimate-sp1-repeated-bsods-driving-me-nuts.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been struggling with this problem for months These crashes occur most commonly when I am playing games leading me to believe it was a graphics card problem I cleared all my drivers and x64 Repeated 7 long-term BSODs, problem SP1 Windows did a clean install Only time will tell I attempted to use your blue screen collection program however my computer Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1 crashed I shall try again after I post my basic information OS Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1 Windows x SP Installed with my computer The computer is roughly months old Motherboard Asus M A LT-M-LE CPU AMD Atholon IIx Video Card ATI Radeon HD Power Supply I am uncertain of the brand however it is Watts It is a Cyber Power PC Gamer Ultra I have tested the memory i've reinstalled most drivers tried to clean the registry This may have been a mistake switched from Avast to MSE uninstalled Daemon I've tried to cover all the bases Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1 before posting this I'm going to attach my minidump file and my system report I have been running driver verifier since the th one crash was due to a PC tools antivirus program which I have since removed Unfortunately almost all of the dumps from march through june are gone but I will post more as they occur

A:Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1

I successfully ran the collection program

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-long-term-problem-windows-7-x64-sp1-584550.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Log is attached. BSOD's seem to occur at random times.

Laptop is a MSI GE70 with the GTX 660M

Processor Intel Core i7-3610QM (up to 3.30GHz, 6MB cache, quad-core, 45W)
Memory 8GB DDR3
Integrated Graphics Intel HD 4000
Discrete Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
Display 17.3in - 1,920x1,080
Battery Lithium Ion, 49 Whr
Weight 3,057g
Wireless Intel Centrino Wireless-N 135 (802.11bgn)
Storage Western Digital 750GB HDD (WD7500BPKT-22PK4T0)
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit

A:Repeated random BSODs on laptop. Errors differ with each.

This is your latest dump:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800b9b6a59, fffff880037b6038, fffff880037b5890}

Probably caused by : peauth.sys ( peauth+6aa59 )

---------

7: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8800b9b6a59, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880037b6038, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880037b5890, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
peauth+6aa59
fffff880`0b9b6a59 2bb7488b7c24 sub esi,dword ptr [rdi+247C8B48h]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff880037b6038 -- (.exr 0xfffff880037b6038)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8800b9b6a59 (peauth+0x000000000006aa59)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 000000002e4ebb50
Attempt to read from address 000000002e4ebb50

CONTEXT: fffff880037b5890 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880037b5890)
rax=0000000000aba1ca rbx=0000000000000018 rcx=00000000ee3eaa30
rdx=000000003719d84f rsi=09d23008e7ec9a38 rdi=0000000009d23008
rip=fffff8800b9b6a59 rsp=fffff880037b6270 rbp=0000000000000095
r8=00000000aba1ca23 r9=000000008fd43939 r10=00000000ee3eaa30
r11=000000005de11882 r12=fffff880037b63a0 r13=fffff880037b6630
r14=fffffa800c3f11e0 r15=0ffffffffffffff0
iopl=0 ov up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010a06
peauth+0x6aa59:
fffff880`0b9b6a59 2bb7488b7c24 sub esi,dword ptr [rdi+247C8B48h] ds:002b:00000000`2e4ebb50=????????
Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 000000002e4ebb50

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030fa100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030fa1c0
000000002e4ebb50 Nonpaged pool

FOLLOWUP_IP:
peauth+6aa59
fffff880`0b9b6a59 2bb7488b7c24 sub esi,dword ptr [rdi+247C8B48h]

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff880037b6630 to fffff8800b9b6a59

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`037b6270 fffff880`037b6630 : fffff8... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271866-repeated-random-bsods-laptop-errors-differ-each.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My computer has been crashing to BSOD repeatedly over the last three days. We had a power outage on Sunday while I was out. Could that have set it off? I must not have had the Dump files settings right because they were not being created until today after I checked the setting again.

Attached is the Dump files. Let me know if I missed anything. Thanks in advance.

Michael Mayer

A:Repeated BSODs over last three days-Power Outage resposible?

Hello mjaymay.

Apparently the latest crash dump is not saying about the reason of the BSOD precisely. So checked your earlier BSOD (two months earlier) which was caused by the network driver. Then matched the drivers date in the latest crash dump, got the result that your network driver is extremely old.

Code:
fffff880`03a00000 fffff880`03a85000 Rt64win7 (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys
Image name: Rt64win7.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jun 10 12:03:15 2011 (4DF1BAAB)
CheckSum: 0008B67F
ImageSize: 00085000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it from Realtek

Let us know the results. Will take the further measures depending on the situation.

Also make it sure that your Crucial M4-CT128M4SSD2 SSD is running the the latest firmware.
http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293618-repeated-bsods-over-last-three-days-power-outage-resposible.html
Relevancy 57.19%

This is really annoying I own preventing update Windows BSODs 10 work me each to after repeated a Dell Latitude laptop since last year nbsp and most of the times repeated BSODs after each Windows 10 update preventing me to work after a windows update it goes in BSOD or fails to start completely at random mostly when nbsp I am teaching nbsp or I am on a train and need to work on nbsp my laptop The laptop works one day and then the next it does not Dell support has changed hard drive RAMs AC cord and device to no avail The computer passes all repeated BSODs after each Windows 10 update preventing me to work the nbsp tests I am at loss I need to have a reliable machine for work and I think Dell should put more effort in nbsp supporting nbsp their clients I have nbsp put my minidumps and reports here https www dropbox com sh qibbcf rd p e AAAHmMYbZdSgTUUW esuvg ha dl nbsp I hope you can give relevant and final advice Failing that you will hear from my because the amount of work hours I am losing because of this is seriously damaging I look forward to hearing from you soon nbsp with a reliable solution as I am not the only one nbsp having these nbsp recurring problems

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997128
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Folks I bought a used computer on ebay a little over a month ago foolish I know and it keeps having the deadly blue screen error The error message seems 7 with error Windows [SOLVED] messages Repeated varying (yikes) BSODs to be different every time but the one consistent thing is that it seems to know when I'm working on something I don't want to lose but not any one particular software I don't know if anyone [SOLVED] Repeated BSODs Windows 7 with varying error messages (yikes) here can help but I would really love it if this was figured out I've been pretty helpless on my own so far [SOLVED] Repeated BSODs Windows 7 with varying error messages (yikes) Here's the computer's info OS Windows -bit OEM version Computer was purchased new in March and OS has not been reinstalled afaik I bought used in july CPU - GHz Core i QM Sandy Bridge Video card - GeForce M w GB DDR Graphics Memory Computer is a Dell XPS L X I've attached a zip file with the dmp files and other things recommended Let me know if you can help Right now I feel pretty stupid for buying this computer Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Repeated BSODs Windows 7 with varying error messages (yikes)

First post, I didn't realize it was a laptop till I checked the specs (and the ever so obvious "XPS").

On a fairly new laptop like this, I wouldn't think it was hardware related...

Run memtest86 (download the iso from their site, boot from disk) to check the RAM. It's usually the RAM on a laptop that goes first. Otherwise, I would suspect your Windows install. If it's that new (to you), you probably don't have a lot of personal files on there...

The OEM install of the OS should be usable again, I give it a "fresh kick in the pants". :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-repeated-bsods-windows-7-with-varying-error-messages-yikes-597716.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Friends I am currently experiencing issues with my computer that has windows installed Recently it has been randomly freezing forcing me to restart it or blue screening When the computer reboots it falls into a repeat cycle of Blue screening into rebooting until the trouble shooting Cycles into Random BSOD Reboots Repeated as PC Computer freezes/BSODs menu is reached I have attempted to do a system restore but the process failed The details of the failure were quot System restore failed to extract the original copy of the directory from the restore point Source ProgramFiles WindowsApps Destenation AppxStaging System Restore ran out of disk space while restoring your files quot After a while of continually restarting my computer it occasionally gets to the log in screen and will either blue screen again or run normally depending on whether or not i'm lucky The attached dump is from yesterday I've had a couple more blue screens since I would appreciate any help Just let me know if you need any more information Thanks YELLYPHISH-Mon zip Random Computer freezes/BSODs into Repeated BSOD Cycles as PC Reboots

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/53263-random-computer-freezes-bsods-into-repeated-bsod-cycles-pc-reboots.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Repeated BSODs, layman's view shows ntoskrnl,exe in most dump files

A:Custom Comp for Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 Repeated BSODs ntoskrnl

Welcome to the forum,

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE Public
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\AutoGreen Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\AutoGreen Public
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\ET6 Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\ET6 Public
Gigabyte EasySaver (and EasyTune6 if installed) will cause BSOD's on some Windows 7 systems. Please uninstall it.

Drivers:

Code:
RTCore64.sys Tue Sep 6 18:24:50 2011
RivaTuner/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner (known BSOD issues w/Win7)

Code:
AppleCharger.sys Wed Nov 2 08:46:00 2011 (4EB0AEE8)
GIGABYTE On/Off Charge driver. See here for details - GIGABYTE ON/OFF Charge [br] May cause BSOD on Win7/8 systems - uninstall to test.

Information
and install Revo Uninstaller.Opt for "Advanced Mode" and uninstall the software (also delete the leftover registry entries).

Follow these-

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Get rid of intel rapid storage. Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "Disc Drives" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all items under "Disc Drives"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate system driver, msahci.sys.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Lately we have experienced some issues with the latest driver. Install the 314.22 WHQL only. Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Let us know the results.

------------------------
Reduce the start-up items, Antivirus software is basically whats required. Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean Startup in Windows 7
------------------------
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible: Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow - read here
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it - read here
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Make scans with these tools - TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
Online Virus Scanner Eset
Let us know the results.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:
Built by: 7601.18229.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533
Debug session time: Sat Sep 14 00:02:14.772 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:01.942
BugCheck A, {100, 2, 0, fffff8000309a6a2}
Probably... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304854-custom-comp-microsoft-flight-simulator-10-repeated-bsods-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys I have a Toshiba Satelite A -S laptop and I had been having a lot of random boot crashes and BSODs at startup when I was trying to run the X 64? with fine but BSODs Hardware Runs 32-bit version of Windows For the fun of it my friend told me I could try his -bit disc for a while to see if it worked better and lo and behold I had zero crahses on the X version for over months A little while later Hardware Runs 32-bit fine but BSODs with 64? someone else had told me that they had a -bit disc that was working error free for them so I thought I would give it a shot Now that I'm back on the exact same type errors have plagued my boot experience Anyone have any good ideas as to why my laptop refuses to run X as well as it should and is there any way that I might be able to get X working on my hradware If you want to take a peek at some of the types of BSODs I've been getting check out one of my older threads http www sevenforums com crashes-d stly-boot html Thanks in advance

A:Hardware Runs 32-bit fine but BSODs with 64?

Open event viewer (type Even Viewer into the start menu search bar to find it). Look under Windows logs>Application. See if you can find any events with a red circle and a white X. Ignore any others, including warnings. See if you can find one and tell us what it says. Note, if you have Windows Live Essentials installed you may see entries caused by WLMM. Microsoft says those can be ignored, and won't cause a problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/99779-hardware-runs-32-bit-fine-but-bsods-64-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a 2007 Compaq Notebook..it is Compaq Presario..C555NR. I am very new to this world & have many problems doing the simple things. I can do E-mail & surf the web, otherwise no luck. My p.c. is very,very slow in starting & closing, so like a dummy, I tried a few things today. Not much luck, but now the arrow or cursor will not scroll up or down, I lost something fooling around where I didn't belong. It works o.k. for all the other moves..but..up/down..I tried looking up some help items like from HP, but the tech stuff was too deep for me, I was lost. So I am here asking for some very simple , easy for me to follow ways to solve this..if it's too deep--I;ll drown. Thanks for any help.

A:Arrow won't go up or down..otherwise works fine.

Have you tried to reboot the computer? Sometimes rebooting will correct that type of problem.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/arrow-wont-go-up-or-down-otherwise-works-fine.829057/
Relevancy 54.18%

4gb ram bsod on startup or a few minutes later.

I tried every combination slots and sticks have no problems.
(2 slots, 2x 2gb sticks)

---Additionally, in the little time i had on 4gb ram boot i saw that only 2,94 gb memory is usable.

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?

x64

- the original installed OS on the system?

Yes

- an OEM or full retail version?

original equipment man.? Not done my me, but I had it done 3-4 times.

- What is the age of system (hardware)?

Not sure what this means. But motherboard of mine is quite old

- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?)

XP x86 to win 7 x86 to win 7 x64

Apologies for the bad English. I tried my best.
PS: Lack of grasp in your language may have made me look inexperienced,
but I'll probably understand what you will say.

A:BSOD 4gb ram - Works fine with 2gb

Reposting because of opera had problem uploading file for some reason.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/186211-bsod-4gb-ram-works-fine-2gb.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys, I connect to my router using a Netgear WG111v3 USB adapter with WPA security. It works fine for about 5-10 minutes then websites won't load anymore. I am using Vista so I can't use my onboard network card because Vista doesn't support WPA
I can ping websites still which makes me wonder where the problem lies. For example I can go on google fine, then later I can't connect again but I can still ping it. That goes for all other websites even if I haven't gone on them that boot. Anyone got any ideas what is going wrong? Because it makes no logical sense for this to be happening. Thanks.

A:Internet works fine, then

So later you can still ping google, but it will not let you view google using your browser?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-works-fine-then.854412/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a MSI- P neo motherboard with MB PC DDR made by Infinion I also have an ATI Radeon Pro card and Ghz prescott chip My problem is that I cant see anything on the Monitor POST comes on fine but I cant see anything I know the Monitor works because ive used it with another computer I have no Idea if my video card is working or if Monitor but Works anything see fine cant I have the wrong memory installed I tried my old video card which is a Nvidia GeForce MX and I get the same result Maybe it is not compatible with the two other motherboards I also have a New ECS -P motherboard and when I try switching the motherboards I get the same result I know the CPU works because it is brand new too Most of these things were bought because of Monitor Works fine but cant see anything this problem By the time I ll fix this problem I will probably have enough spare parts for another computer I need Monitor Works fine but cant see anything help nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

i know i m completely new here but I m having some issues with my system i recently got some new parts to rebuild my system trying to stay on the cheap side and fine... for it minutes! works 5 watch my budget im not a hardcore gamer but i do play some fairly new titles what i ve bought so far ath xp gb x ddr radeon pro mb agp x and a board which is the only part i have not recieved yet yesterday I put my cpu video and ram on my dads board just to check things out everything worked fine installed the video drivers etc installed a couple games farcry being one and it works fine... for 5 minutes! tested a few things all was good well my dad wanted his pc back so i it works fine... for 5 minutes! took all my parts out and put his back in keep in mind i use a wrist grounder or whatever you wanna call it later on that night I redid the same thing again i put my parts in turned it on did a few things here and there and the thing freezes on me i had done everything exactly as before i restart and this time the windows log in screen doesnt show up but just shows a black screen it works fine... for 5 minutes! with a mouse pointer after a couple more attempts i finally get into windows i do a few things here and there try to play a game again and it continues to freeze now it works for around - minutes and freezes also the fsb is which the mobo supports the only thing that concerns me is the board specs say it supports ddr ram up to but i m using ddr it worked great the first time I used the parts but not now I dont know a lot when it comes to heating and what not but when I took my heatsink off after the system froze after about minutes the thing was pretty hot whether that has any effect I dont know definitely shouldnt overheat considering its a big new fan thats compatible with my cpu if anybody has an answer i d really appreciate it please dont say something with static caused it thats the last thing i want to hear skott nbsp

A:it works fine... for 5 minutes!

You didn't say if you cleaned off the old thermal compound and reapplied fresh Arctic Silver. I'm talking about the CPU to heatsink contact surfaces.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/it-works-fine-for-5-minutes.28652/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone,

My current configuration is:

Athlon XP 1800+
512 MB
HD 80GB Hitachi
Asus CD-RW
Windows XP

I changed the power supply for a new 350W one and it works fine, but I haven't been able to boot the system yet.
If I connect everything up the only thing that will turn on is the fan of the processor and the power supply itself, but neither the HD or the CD-RW will.
But if I disconnect the data cable from the motherboard both components will turn on.
The HD is set as master and the CD-RW is slave, and they are plugged with the same data cable and same power chord.
I tried another power supply and everything works fine, but using that one on that computer is not an option.
I googled a couple of things like "change power supply" but none of them worked out.

Thanks very much in advance

A:PSU works fine, but HD and CD-RW don't power up

Welcome

The problem is only with the one PS? Things work fine when you replace it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/psu-works-fine-but-hd-and-cd-rw-dont-power-up.515336/
Relevancy 54.18%

My new ASUS motherboard arrived this morning removed and installed the new motherboard and booted up for the first time POST was successful which is a blessing for any system builder Although it was lacking the proverbial BEEP So I am thinking it must be the internal speaker maybe I put the connectors backwards checked all the cables and they are all connected and present Motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z FX Processor AMD FX Series Ghz CPU Cooler Hydro Series H Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler RAM Corsair XMS GB DDR Mhz SSD OCZ Agility MB but New beep...? fine works no GB X SATA III HDD Gamr Drive only HDD Backups Soundcard New MB works fine but no beep...? Creative SB Recon D Champion OS Windows Pro No problem because I have across this before so I updated the BIOS to the latest stable version to my surprise this didn t resolve the issue it boots fine it POSTS with no issues and I can access the BIOS There are a few other things I can try Take out all the RAM and then see if the motherboard haves a screaming fit and beeps like crazy at me I shall try this later I have created a small beep bat file which consists of the following Within CMD I typed in the following command cd desktop so you create a txt file on your New MB works fine but no beep...? desktop called beep txt Code echo echo G gt gt beep txt Open the beep txt file and in there you ll find echo The square represents a BEL tone which is sent to the speaker I you use Notepad it will look like this Code echo off echo Press any key pause echo B BEL B There is a way in which you can bypass external speakers attached and only send a BELL tone to the internal speak attached to your motherboard but I cannot remember the commands Any hep would be appreciated I cannot understand how a speak that worked fine before on the other motherboard now doesn t beep Unless the speaker is turned off within the BIOS but I could t find anything nbsp

A:New MB works fine but no beep...?

You could always try holding down a key
on the keyboard while the computer is booting.
The keyboard buffer should fill up and the computer
should start beeping at you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-mb-works-fine-but-no-beep.1074861/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have hdds One hdd with win xp sp and everything works great Second win it worked fine for - years now I formated and reinstalled win and problem begin Just started to restart every single time when I boot win Sometimes it's XP works WIN fine reboots 7 on loading XP works fine WIN 7 reboots sometimes just in installing of something randomly I guess I performed a series of clean installation of win and bit still problem is there Disabled hdd still nothing I XP works fine WIN 7 reboots tried everything and read everything done every possible thing with hardware still nothing I went in event viewer and normally this one Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Event ID Level Critical Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Clean install and it restart just at Loading windows so no drivers and nothing installed yet This problem just occur suddenly without any changes or whatsoever on my pc Just re installing the windows And once again win xp works normal I already did memtest update bios enable speedstep replaced RAM tens of clean installations and same thing specs Asrock G M-S Intel Pentium Dual CPU E GHz GeForce GT RAM DDR G skill gb I bought this new one I replaced kingmax didn't work either Codegen w psu hdd Hitachi HD gb hdd Maxtor gb It's an older pc but it works for my needs PLEASE HELP sry for bad english

A:XP works fine WIN 7 reboots

You can run diagnostics on the hard drive by downloading Seatools and making a bootable disc. Do the short and long test.

If either test fails, the drive needs to be replaced.

See this for how to make a bootable cd:

How to Burn a Bootable ISO File

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/xp-works-fine-win-7-reboots-928386.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My other laptop and my wii are both connected to my belkin router and work fine but my main laptop keeps losing connection can i please get some help out there.........not very tech savvy.

A:Everything else works fine except for laptop!

We need specific information to help answer your question so would you please repost this with appropriate answers to the questions that pertain to your problem, so we can better help you fix your problem quickly.

Computer: Brand Name & Model #

Age of system and relevant components if different :

CPU: Brand, speed

Ram: Type, amount, speed

Operating system: Windows 98, 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP Pro, Vista or Other

Do you run Anti-Virus software: Brand Name, version #, is it up to date?

For Video or Graphic problems:

Video Card: Brand Name, type, speed, Chipset, driver version and date

Video settings: resolution, advanced settings

For Internet problems:

Modem: Brand name and date of driver

Type connection: dial-up, cable, sat/DSL, other

Browser: IE, Netscape, Firefox, Sea Monkey and version #

For Network problems:

LAN or ethernet card(s) or adapters: Brand, # of cards

Router: Brand name, type

# machines on network

Network settings and IP configuration

Please state your specific problem and when it started

Did you change anything, install any hardware or software before the problem started?

List any recently installed software

List software running in background ie: anti-virus program, mail programs, backup software.
(Run,msconfig,ok,startup) and what is checked

Any power disruption or incomplete shutdowns

Failed Scandisk/chkdsk or defrag attempts

Use of any “tune-up” utilities, registry utilities, system diagnostics, other third party utility software

Recent downloaded software

This information may be of critical importance in locating and correcting the source of your problem. Please note any additional information or detail about the problem that may be of value in our assessment of the problem.

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/everything-else-works-fine-except-for-laptop-620563.html
Relevancy 54.18%

System Configuration P Mhz MB SDRAM Intel e or Chipset GB Hard Disk Samsung CDROM drive - X combo drive cd writer DVD Till recently I was running Windows SE plus Windows XP Professional Recently I needed to install Linux on my system so I removed all partions from my GB hard disk and created new partitions for windows leaving around GB unformatted for Linux After formatting the windows partitions I installed XP Prof from the bootable cd Next I installed Mandrake Linux on the 98 keeps restarting xp fine but works system Things worked fine for a day or so after which Windows started hanging and restarting unexpectedly and with increasing frequency Amazingly this restarting problem occurred in Linux too Doubting the installation I repartitioned reformatted reinstalled XP from various installation cds but to no avail The restarting problem still xp keeps restarting but 98 works fine exists Now I have installed Windows SE where there is NO problem of restarting Again if I try to install XP as an upgrade to either the setup itself hangs restarts or if I am able to complete the setup XP continues to restart and hang randomly I think I have checked the RAM to be in place and not loose Besides the CPU fan has been unmounted and cleant of all dust But this has not helped the situation Incidentally I discovered that the grounding of the PC plug point was not working properly and I was getting current on various parts of the CPU cabinet Though I ve got this fixed now could this be related to the trouble Besides now-a days the computer takes an exceptionally long time to boot esp at Detecting IDE drives or takes a lot of time for the customary beep and the first screen Also it restarts sometimes after the first screen of the boot up sequence What could the problem be PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:xp keeps restarting but 98 works fine

Any chance of substituting another power supply?

It's possible Win98 is starting ok, just due to putting less of a load on the PSU -- although I would expect that to be true of linux as well...

You might have had some damage there due to the bad grounding or excess current drawn.

And you certainly could have damaged motherboard components as well -- have a look for swollen, charred or leaking capacitors for one ....

I really think this may belong in the Hardware forum, as I probably won't have much else to say. If you want me to move it, just say so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-keeps-restarting-but-98-works-fine.377288/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey all. First time poster, long time lurker!

Ive had my i5 rig running on XP pro for a bit and then decided to upgrade to win7 Ultimate. installed 32bit fine, decided to go to 64bit. Install gets all the way through then reboots (which im told will happen). once its rebooted, install gets about 80% of the way through and says 'Windows 7 cannot configure your hardware to complete the install' or something of the like. what gives?!

ps- the 64 bit install was on recently formatted drive!

Computer specs:

Intel i5 760
Asus P7P55D mobo
Asus EAH4650 1GB VGA
2 x 2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM
1 x WD Caviar Black 500GB HDD (Install drive)

help! please!!

A:32-bit works fine, cant install 64-bit?

First thing I would suggest is that you remove all non essential external hardware, (usb drives Etc), if present.

One other trick that has worked (more with vista than win7) is to remove one of your memory sticks for the install

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/127151-32-bit-works-fine-cant-install-64-bit.html
Relevancy 54.18%

After upgrading my install of Windows 7 32bit to 64bit, I began to encounter random bluescreens of the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT variety.

Here's the .dmp of today's BSOD.

I once did phone technical support for Dell's Precision Workstation department for a year. I'm willing to take the hit in pride and go ahead and thank those who can isolate what driver may be causing this issue.

A preemptive big thanks.

A:BSODs after installing X64. X86 was working fine. (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT)

It's possible there is a bad memory address it was just located in an area 32 bit never accessed.
I see no reason to go against the debugger, and crash windows diagnosis of memory management though.
Best thing to do is test it by letting memtest run overnight.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000005003, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffff70001080000
Arg3: 0000000000006017
Arg4: 00005fff0000802e

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_5003

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002c7f719 to fffff80002cd9c40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`078ff8c8 fffff800`02c7f719 : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00005003 fffff700`01080000 00000000`00006017 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`078ff8d0 fffff800`02d0b086 : 80000000`c314a025 fffff680`00024700 fffffa80`02493de0 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x22cb4
fffff880`078ff920 fffff800`02cf77ef : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`05b8b3f8 : nt!MiResolveTransitionFault+0x406
fffff880`078ff9b0 fffff800`02ce6f19 : 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`ffffffff fffff700`01080000 00000000`00000000 : nt!MiDispatchFault+0x95f
fffff880`078ffac0 fffff800`02cd7d6e : 00000000`00000000 00000000`048e0dc4 00000000`00000001 00000000`025ee344 : nt!MmAccessFault+0x359
fffff880`078ffc20 000007fe`ed42845d : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
00000000`017cd510 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x7fe`ed42845d

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+22cb4
fffff800`02c7f719 cc int 3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+22cb4

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4e02aaa3

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_5003_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+22cb4

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_5003_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+22cb4

---------

0: kd> kb
RetAddr : Args to Child : Call Site
fffff800`02c7f719 : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00005003 fffff700`01080000 00000000`00006017 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`02d0b086 : 80000000`c314a025 fffff680`00024700 fffffa80`02493de0 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x22cb4
fffff800`02cf77ef : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`05b8b3f8 : nt!MiResolveTransitionFault+0x406
fffff800`02ce6f19 : 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`ffffffff fffff700`01080000 00000000`00000000 : nt!MiDispatchFault+0x95f
fffff800`02cd7d6e : 00000000`00000000 00000000`048e0dc4 00000000`00000001 00000000`025ee344 : nt!MmAccessFault+0x359
000007fe`ed42845d : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x7fe`ed42845d
0: kd> ks
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amdsbs.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for amdsbs.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amdxata.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for amdxata.s... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193251-bsods-after-installing-x64-x86-working-fine-memory_management.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

So I purchased a computer from Cyberpower about a month ago, and ever since I've been getting BSODs. At first, it was really bad, like I could barely turn it on without it crashing. Then I did some stuff that they recommended, like hard drive check, RAM checks, and reseating the video card. It seems like I'm only getting the BSOD a few times when I turn my computer on after it's been off for a while. For example, I turn it off before I go to bed, then I wake up in the morning to turn it on, and it crashes once or twice, usually when I'm starting up a game or something. I'm getting really sick and tired of this, so I finally came here to get some help. I've attached one of the many dump files in RAR format. Let me know if I need to do anything else. Thanks so much.

A:2 or 3 BSODs on startup, then it's fine. mostly error code 109.

Hi Zumbert

Use this tool to update your system specs

Then use this tool to upload all the files here to review.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248572-2-3-bsods-startup-then-its-fine-mostly-error-code-109-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

So far you guys here at eightforums com amp sevenforums com have never failed to give me great answers or ideas As always I do my best on my end to search for my answer before I submit a new post Well I just cant find any answers through searching here OR google that has helped me So my web browser's works fine all in fact Chrome Firefox Explorer however when I open my steam app gaming program it keeps telling me it is not establishing any internet service and to check my settings I opened up origin and it works fine another related note My Nvidia Gforce still web STEAM works fine Browsers con. no APP Web but Experience App that keeps tabs on latest updates for my Web Browsers works fine but STEAM APP still no web con. Video card tells me there is a new update but when I press the green download button it also tells me I have no internet connection I searched under my allowed programs amp apps in my firewall settings and its squeaky clean I then did a system restore and used a restore point from days Web Browsers works fine but STEAM APP still no web con. ago when I know for a fact everything was running great I still get same results So that's it fellas anyone have any idea what the hell is going on here Thank you all as always for taking this time to read my problems

A:Web Browsers works fine but STEAM APP still no web con.

A few others I know as well as me had this same problem last night. What we did was reboot and then opened steam and steam opened right up.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38639-web-browsers-works-fine-but-steam-app-still-no-web-con.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I am having a really difficult problem at the moment I am an IT Tech and all our pc s work fine on the network AND Internet I have a clients laptop with me it works perfectly on the network but NO internet what so ever works network working, DSL not fine I done numerous virus scans Malware removal etc but with no luck sorting the problem Also if it helps when I try to repair the wireless connection quot Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the followng action cannot be completed Disabling wireless adapter quot also previously same error message but something about the DNS when repairing the wireless connection the drivers are up to date Realtek RTL I have configured it manually including the DSL not working, network works fine correct DNS Also if i try to disable programs to run on startup through msconfig while in the Administrator account it tells me i do not have administrative rights even though DSL not working, network works fine the account does Need to get DSL not working, network works fine this sorted asap without a format Here is an attached HJT log incase you need a look Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS system S trayp exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C WINDOWS BisonCam BisonTrayIcon exe C WINDOWS BisonCam BisonHK exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files hjt HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co za R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run S Trayp S trayp exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run CHotkey mHotk... Read more

A:DSL not working, network works fine

moving to hjt forums.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-not-working-network-works-fine.770412/
Relevancy 53.75%

Having issues with one of my PCs in my Home Network. I run DSL/Wireless Router and all my wireless devices run good but my ethernet connection on my Main PC's has issues. Hard to explain but it seems to work fine after booting machine but after a short while of surfing, it loses speed. It doesn't lose connection, just speed. Have done multiple speed tests and the same bad results. I have tested my laptop on the ethernet connection and seems to work fine. Replaced the PCI ethernet adapter in the machine and did not fix the problem. Tried all ports on the router, same results. Any assistance would be great!

Relevancy 53.75%

I am so lost, I have tried everything I can to try to figure this problem out. I have switched out videocards, reset my CMOS, formatted and re installed Windows 7 but still have the same problem. Troubleshooting this problem has been really slow since each time I go to try something new I need to wait until the next day for it to happen. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

**Also I have noticed this thread is very similar to my problem
BSOD on start up, atikmdag.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, dxgmms1.sys

*****EDIT*****
PROBLEM FIXED Replaced powerstrip and everything works fine.

A:BSOD After every startup. Works fine until the next day.

Welcome

System Optimisers

Please remove the following software:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2013 Public:Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2013 Public
Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2013\All functions Public:Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2013\All functions Public
This software is a known cause of BSOD's. The windows 7 operating system does not require these registry cleaning software. They often tune-down rather than tune-up and can wreck the OS beyond repair. Microsoft have improved Windows 7 significantly and it is much better at organising and optimising itself than its predecessors. Check this, this and this thread for evidence. If you feel the need to use a registry cleaning or optimisation software, most of us recommend the use of CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download but make sure you back up the registry before making letting ccleaner delete anything. 10 Tips on How to Properly Maintain Your Computer

Please run these tests and report back the results

1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - Disk Check
3. Troubleshoot applications by a clean boot - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
4. Memtest86+ paying close attention to part 3 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
5. Hard drive test from HDD mfg website - Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

This is for information purposes only. The drivers in red should be updated. If updating does not help, remove them.

xusb21.sys Fri Aug 14 04:10:17 2009 (4A848F49)
XBox USB wireless controller [br] BSOD issues in Win7 with 2009 driver (found in mid-2012)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=xusb21.sys

AODDriver2.sys Thu Apr 5 15:23:37 2012 (4F7D6499)
AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard [br] Known BSOD issues in Win7
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AODDriver2.sys
AMD OverDrive

(AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems.

Quote:
Please uninstall all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
Then, download (but DO NOT install) a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Uninstall". Reboot for changes to take affect.

The below is for information purposes only. Contains relevant information from the blue screen analysis:

Code:
Debug session time: Sun Apr 28 22:03:46.397 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Yusra\SysnativeBSODApps\042813-39686-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:04.583
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiInsertNode+20 )
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002ef6100, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
BugCheck Info: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff80002ef6100, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: ffffffffffffffff, Parameter 1 of the exception
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005_R
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_c0000005_R_nt!MiInsertNode+20
BiosVersion = 080015
BiosReleaseDate = 08/11/2010
SystemManufacturer = ECS
SystemProductName = A885G... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/288115-bsod-after-every-startup-works-fine-until-next-day.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I ve just completed my first pc build i k Msi z gaming mobo Corsair w psu plan fine, except works ports New USB build to eventually upgrade Seagate Tb hdd Corsair vengeance RAM x gb sticks I ve installed Windows pro on New build works fine, except USB ports the machine the whole thing works great except for one issue the USB ports can t recognize any devices except in One weird case which I ll describe in a moment Currently I am using an old ps keyboard to navigate windows I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling all devices updating all drivers for my hubs controllers etc unplugging the front panel connections in case it s a power issue clearing cmos still no change Every time I plug in a device it gives me a code Here s the weird part The onmy way I can get the machine to recognize a usb device is when I have a usb keyboard mouse whatever plugged in And then I insert my flash drive The computer will then recognize the drive and I m able to navigate it normally inspect the files and such The only USB device this works for is that flash drive the usb keyboard and mouse stay unrecognized and listed as unknown devices in device manager If the flash drive is inserted by itself before another device or completely solo it is not recognized and shows up as an unknown device as well I am totally stumped begging for a fix to this nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Just thought I'd let you guys know that the Wacom Intuos4 graphics pad works a treat on W7

- straight out of the box, too..

A:WACOM Intuos 4 works fine..

You aren't using the Wacom Drivers with the software where it lets you customize the tablet and Pen per app, etc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/17320-wacom-intuos-4-works-fine.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have Tempro version 3.3 on Windows7 64 bit with Satellite L850.
The Tempro is only able to show alerts, but clicking on the Alert Details button leads to a redirect to a URL has no any information or downloads related to the alert. Indeed it redirects to a welcome page: http://www.toshibamea.com/.

I don't know how to make tempro works fine? and how to make the links to the resources works fine?!

A:How to make Tempro works fine?

Hi

Different Tempro versions have been released for Win Vista, Win 7 as well as Win 8

This is a link to the official Tempro website:
http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/gen...RO_W8_RELEASE/

All details and additional help regarding Tempro tool can be found here:
https://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/generic/TEMPRO_HELP/

But to be honest I would recommend you to use the Toshiba service station.
This Toshiba tool is similar to Tempro and it provides you all information about new Toshiba software and tools update as well as the notebook.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83391-How-to-make-Tempro-works-fine
Relevancy 53.75%

I currently have Win Vista Business. its a 32 bit os. My system says I am compatible to run a 64 bit system. So I went and downloaded the new win 7 64bit, burned iso to disc, then unplugged my hdd and hooked up a new1TB drive to partition. It gets to the loading drivers and white line loads across screen then I get the new screen saying error. Something about source and an error that my configuration may have changed recently, would I like to try again or quit. shows a status starting with x0

It should work if my system says its 64bit capable.

I download the win 7 32 bit and it went through like a charm. But I dont want 32 bit I prefer to start out with 64 bit.

Could it be something with my system? operator error? or just bad iso file. Ive been back and forth for two days.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks

A:error wem intalling win 7 64 bit but 34 bit works fine

Hi webhead1,
What CPU is it?
If that 1tb hard drive is brand new, it needs formating before you can use it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/11674-error-wem-intalling-win-7-64-bit-but-34-bit-works-fine.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there It's a reliable source so I don't have any issues with this particular developer Works fine Windows XP unofficial SP4 a - in VM -- if you want to try Windows XP unofficial SP4 - Works fine in a VM and run an quot Unofficial quot but working XP SP then it's available here in this link RyanVM net Discussion Board View topic - Starting a Windows Windows XP unofficial SP4 - Works fine in a VM XP Service Pack Project Test this stuff as always on a VM rather than on a REAL machine It's working fine for me I have a load of old legacy hardware so I do need to keep an XP machine around for a while yet -- such hardware as a VINYL cutting machine and studio for creating VINYL records - actually VINYL is beginning to make a bit of a come back too - so I'm glad I kept this business as a hobby some Minidisc recorders - great at GIGS etc for live recordings -- quality fabulous and it's much easier to change standard batteries than the builtin stuff in modern recorders - those older recorders are extremely high quality as they were used a lot in professional recording - especially on the road I've also got a blue print machine an old but excellent high quality photo and negative scanner etc so my XP machine is likely to outlast BOTH windows and windows I have some more legacy hardware too and a PHOTOSHOP license -- not going in for ADOBE's Subscription model The version of Photoshop I have on my XP VM runs just fine - I don't need the absolute latest version as I can use the Camera software to convert the RAW files to things the older version of PHOTOSHOP handles Cheers jimbo

A:Windows XP unofficial SP4 - Works fine in a VM

What's that?

Wait... XP SP4?!

They can't be serious with this stuff... MS looking?

Should be interesting though, as a VM of course.

H.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/53182-windows-xp-unofficial-sp4-works-fine-vm.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Just installed SP on XP works fine so far none of the reported no start bugs or any kind Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP XP - ) fine...on ( Pack just 3 works Service WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS Service Pack 3 - works just fine...on ( XP ) System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe Service Pack 3 - works just fine...on ( XP ) C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Arrakis Server bin Arrakis exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files CStartup CSRegAlarm exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO PicLens plug-in for Internet Explorer - EAEE C - D D- aca- - DA A B BA - C Program Files PicLensIE PicLens dll O - Toolbar BitDefender Toolbar - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run BDAgent quot C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe quot O - HKCU Run CSRegAlarm C Program Files CStartup CSRegAlarm exe background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Launch PicLens - D -C A- f- F -B EA C B - C Program Files PicLensIE PicLens dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com win ls en x client wuweb site cab O - Service BitDefender Arrakis Server Arrakis - BitDefender S R L http www bitdefender com - C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Arrakis Server bin Arrakis exe O - Service BitDefender Desktop Update Service LIVESRV - BitDefender SRL - C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe O - Service PC Tools Auxiliary Service sdAuxService - PC Tools - C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe O - Service PC Tools Security Service sdCoreService - PC Tools - C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe O - Service BitDefender Virus Shield VSSERV - BitDefender S R L - C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe -- End of file - bytes nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-pack-3-works-just-fine-on-xp.721526/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok... previous problem fixed... I'm pretty sure I have malware... i will post a hijack this log in the appropriate place.

Thanks! IPJ

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/192686/after-startup-desktop-looks-fine-but-nothing-works/
Relevancy 53.75%

I got a little problem getting the static ip configuration to work on one of the Windows machine DHCP works NO W7: fine, works but DHCP Static IP but i need to be static Here is the layout W7: DHCP works fine, but NO Static IP of my network Modem conected to port wireless router conected W7: DHCP works fine, but NO Static IP to port SMC giga switch conected to a Windows computer - static ip b WinXP computer - static ip c Network printer - static ip d Network camera - static ip e port SMC giga switch e The port SMC giga switch conected to ei WinXP computer - static ip eii Windows computer - with two lan cards Lan card its a card that works both in DHCP and static form its disabled right now Lan card ITs a card that only seems to work in DHCP form Once i set it up as static the computer wont see the network without connection Notes Both Windows boxes are configured the same way except the ip number of course The ip range on the network is in the xxx Gateway and Primary DNS Subnet I have disabled IPv read in forums that might help still doesnt work I have ran out of ideas s

A:W7: DHCP works fine, but NO Static IP

I assume you tried various static ip addresses within that subnet and are keeping track of which ones you are using. Have you tried connecting the pc directly to your router?

Also, consider disabling dhcp on your router.

Does your adapter ip settings look similar to this?

Out of curiosity, what is the make of the LAN card and what drivers are you using? Windows or OEM?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/94587-w7-dhcp-works-fine-but-no-static-ip.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I got a little problem getting the static ip configuration to work on one of the W machine DHCP works but i need to be static Here is the layout of my network Modem conected to port wireless router conected to port SMC giga switch conected to a Win computer - but works IP NO DHCP fine, Static W7: static ip b WinXP computer - static ip c Network printer - static W7: DHCP works fine, but NO Static IP ip d Network camera - static ip e port SMC giga switch e The port SMC giga switch conected to ei WinXP computer - static ip eii Win computer - with two lan cards Lan card its a card that works both in DHCP and static form its disabled right now Lan card ITs a card that only seems to work in DHCP form Once i set it up as static the computer wont see the network without connection Notes Both Win boxes are configured the same way except the ip number of course The ip range on the network is in the xxx Gateway and Primary DNS Subnet I have disabled IPv read in forums that might help still doesnt work I have ran out of ideas s

A:W7: DHCP works fine, but NO Static IP

Welcome Kamaelon,

Have you tried "reserving" a static IP address from the DCHP pool? If you dont know how to do this, post back with your router model and I will make a rough guide for you

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/94514-w7-dhcp-works-fine-but-no-static-ip.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello my name is Alex I have followed the no post guide on this forum but Sometimes to fine sometimes fails POST, works have not solved my problem specially since I get unconsistent results My year old Dell inspiron Sometimes fails to POST, sometimes works fine e out of warranty CORE DUO T quot WXGA X RAM MB X MH GB SERIAL ATA CELL W HR LI-ION ATI MOBILITY RADEON X WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER XP SP About a month ago it started to fail Sometimes fails to POST, sometimes works fine to POST after several attempts it would finally boot If I restart it works fine only on Cold boots will it fail to POST and after several attempts or just leaving the fans running for minutes and booting again it will work When i works i have run full dell BIOS diagnostics and everything is fine By pressing mute and power i get LED feedback on the POST failure support dell com support topics global aspx support dsn en document c us amp cs amp dl false amp l en amp s dhs amp docid DBECF CFEDA CB E D A amp doclang en I normally get a still flash flash code which means Description Turning Sometimes fails to POST, sometimes works fine on the LCD panel after video configuration Actions Reseating the LCD cable Replacing the LCD panel Replacing the video card I have followed the no POST guide on this site Dispersing internal Voltage resetting the CMOS by extracting the coin battery for a minute Switching around the RAM Opening up the laptop and securing the lcd to video card plug All of these produced irregular results sometimes it works others it doesn t Sometimes while pressing mute and power the computer boots into bios diagnostics mode showing a flash flash still LED code witch means Description The video card is preventing the system from completing POST Action Replacing the video card Replacing the system board but it boot without problems into the diagnostics test passes all test and then boots normally into windows Any help will be greatly appreciated It is not currently a fatal problem since it always boots after minutes running without booting But i don t want my motherboard dying suddenly or if it is a connection in the LCD i would like confirmation before pulling it all apart to check loose cables I have taken apart computers but am certainly not an expert Thank you Alex nbsp

A:Sometimes fails to POST, sometimes works fine

Replace the Dell power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sometimes-fails-to-post-sometimes-works-fine.129484/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have two computers, one in my playroom and one in my room. I recently used a systems recovery disc on my computer and erased everything. But now i have no internet, but the internet on the playroom computer works fine.

I'm not really good with computers but i have a linksys modem from comcast and has an ethernet cable hooked up to the computer in the playroom to my computer in my room and it says that the modem is disconnected.

anyone know how to get my internet back on my computer? =\

using windows xp on both computers

Relevancy 53.75%

I have been having an issue on several computers lately where IE8 will not display a webpage. As soon as I close the troubleshooter the page loads right up. This has happened on new computers and old. I just installed windows 7 professional on a brand new computer and IE8 is having the same exact problems. What does this mean?

Relevancy 53.75%

This is weird.
Cable internet works fine when I go straight from the modem to the computer ethernet port.
However, if I do anything through a router I can barely get a signal or a connection even to google.
Here's what I've tried so far....
I have a Belkin45 Router and a Netgear WGR614 Router
I have gone straight from the cable modem through each router into the ethernet port of the computer...nothing
I have gone from the modem to the router and used my Netgear wireless USB and I get a signal from the router, I scan the network and find the router no problem but still can not connect to the internet. Did this with each router and found each one no problem.
I have tried 6 different cables
I keep getting server not found or time outs.
Like I said, weird.

A:Internet works fine...until going through router

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and model of the broadband modem.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Let's try this with either of the routers:

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-works-fine-until-going-through-router.639269/