Windows Support Forum

Windows 8 Music App Media Library frustrations!

Q: Windows 8 Music App Media Library frustrations!

Hello Guys I'm having various problems with my Playlists on my computer with a recent fresh install of Windows pro I put all my albums into playlists and I use the playlists to select which music to play this is because I have lots of individual tracks etc everything works as it should do in desktop Windows Media Player When I open the Metro music app in Windows my playlist are all over the place App 8 Media Music Library frustrations! Windows sometimes there's too many sometimes too few Windows 8 Music App Media Library frustrations! sometimes they play and sometimes they don't some are duplicated and some are missing etc etc Windows 8 Music App Media Library frustrations! All my Music and playlists are stored in the My Music library as it default too I had about too many playlists and some were duplicated twice so tonight I bit the bullet and I deleted all the Playlists from Metro Music player I then imported my playlists using a right click there is now the correct amount of playlists but some are named incorrectly For example say I have a play list called Abba - Gold Music app now calls it Abba - Gold if I attempt to rename it to Abba - Gold it tells me quot That one's there already try a different name quot This only affects some playlists it seems as though the one's with a bracket and a number after the playlist with the same name already exist but it is not shown I also edited a playlist in WMP desktop tonight and I had to use the import playlist feature again to update the playlist in the Music app and now that playlist has a number next to it as well Does anyone know where the playlists for the music app are stored I'd like to find out and delete everything and start again I'm going from loving Windows to hating it because when I get to a stage where I'm happy with everything then something goes wrong or changes I've spent weeks solid trying to get everything to work as it should and I'm losing patience Thank for your help Tony

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 8 Music App Media Library frustrations!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 8 Music App Media Library frustrations!

This is not an audio problem (this forum section) but more a customization issue.

I'm using my Win 7 system right now and I see C:\Users\myname\Music as one location. Also C:\Users\Public\Music as another. Look in those locations.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/19581-windows-8-music-app-media-library-frustrations.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Not being that experienced, I'm a little confused w/ the way the Library sorts CDs into genres vs the way I could sort the Music Folders. They don't seem to relate. For example, the Library lists an album under "Rock" that I would like to move to another genre but I cannot figure a way to do this. On the other hand, I know I could play around w/ the folders so that this particular CD is in the right place. However, I'm not sure that if I take the time to organize my Music folders whether this will have any impact on how the Library sorts them.
If you can shed some light on this I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks, Nick.

A:Solved: Windows media music library vs music folders

Mp3 music files have tags that are kept inside the files themselves. The most common ones are Artist, Album, Track Title, Track Number, Release Year and Genre. When you put a file into the WMP library, the tags are read and stored, along with the file location.

So the tag data is what shows up in the WMP library and you can sort on various fields depending on which version you have. But the files can be put anywhere and named anyway you like. Most people use a certain naming convention like Artist-TrackNumber-Title.

If you want to sort the folders by genre you could do that, but you'll have to do it manually. You can do some manipulating of folders and filenames with tag editors. If you want to give that a try get Mp3Tag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-music-library-vs-music-folders.839137/
Relevancy 85.57%

i none of my music will play in windows media player. my audio files are mp3 and wma.

anyone else have any problems like this???

the music will show up in my library but it wont play. it plays with winamp but not wmp

A:windows media player and my music library

Hi TwoTabs, welcome to the forums, install this codecs and will play almost anything.
Shark007.net - Windows 8 Codecs - WMP12 Codecs

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/11961-windows-media-player-my-music-library.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Every time I turn off windows media player and open it back up the music disappeared. It doesn't auto scan the folder. I have to take out a file and put it back in to get it to re-add it, then it adds everything else again. This is really
annoying.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f93f8f09-1a6e-417b-966b-05ad7844b768/why-doesnt-my-music-stay-in-my-windows-media-player-library?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello,
This is my first post. I just installed Windows 7 and one thing is really annoying me. How do I shut off the feature that asks me to take ownership of every individual folder in my music files from my external drive before I can open them and add them to my media player library? I just want to add them the way I used to in XP or better yet just drag and drop the main folder into media player.

A:How do I add music files from external drive to media player library using windows 7?

This information should do the trick.You will basically take possession of the entire drive all at once instead of files\folders on at a time.I realize it says XP in the title but it should work for Win7 too.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379395/how-do-i-add-music-files-from-external-drive-to-media-player-library-using-windows-7/
Relevancy 82.13%

Every time I try to import music to my library, I get a loading pop-up that says "working" as if the music is importing, then the box disappears and nothing happens (Drag and drop music to library). If I try to use the add to library feature within wmp, I add the folder I want and no files are imported, nothing happens, not even a "working" pop-up as compared to the other method I tried. No music is currently in my library at all. I can still listen to music if I open the files but obviously this is much less convenient than using the library.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Media Player (version 11.2.6001.7000) won't import music to library.

Are all your files from iTunes? If so they may all be in the .m4a format which is incompatible with media player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-version-11-2-6001-7000-wont-import-music-to-library.769602/
Relevancy 76.97%

Just got my new HP dv us with Vista Home Premium Never tried media center before I have always been an iTunes fan when it comes to my music library about gigs worth Thought I d give the Media Center a try since I never Center music library Media and used it Media Center and music library before When viewing my music in the media center music library a lot of the album art is not displayed and a lot of my albums have some of their tracks split like they are part of separate albums I am assuming this has something to do with some of the tags maybe I use Mp tag to edit the tags on all my music then when importing to iTunes I use iTunes to edit some of the other least populat tags composers etc A lot of my album art I use iTunes to quot find quot the album artwork when importing When iTunes does this does it add the artwork to the tags or is it just for iTunes purposes which might explain some of the missing artwork on media center Also if I want to update or change my tags for any reason after media center has added it to it s library how can I get media center to quot update quot particular music and albums to reflect the changes OK to sum up What is the easiest way to get my missing album artwork to display in media center How can get my quot stray quot tracks back in their original albums so they won t show as a whole separate album How do I quot update quot my media center library if I make changes THANKS nbsp

A:Media Center and music library

One feature I like with WMP (Windows Media Player) and Windows Media Center is that they have the options to automatically search online and replace incorrect information with your songs, artists, etc. at the same time finding missing information (ie: album cover) however this feature has to be turned on. Go through your preferences and see if you would like this and then turn it on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-center-and-music-library.558961/
Relevancy 75.25%

I am new to the forum. I have been searching for a solution to this problem for a while now and came upon this site by accident. I searched the forums already posted to see if the subject has already been adressed, but could not find any posts concerning my specific problem.

It is not a major problem, just an annoying one. My music library is on my D drive. Media player searches, finds and loads all of my music without any problem. Every time i boot my laptop and open media player, the music is gone and media player has to search the whole computer for all my music files again. It finds them without any problem, but i do not have access to my whole library for an hour on every boot up. Is this normal for windows 7. Did i do something wrong setting up my library and is their a fix for this?

thanks

A:Media player has to search for music library on every boot up

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/974655-media-player-has-search-music.html

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-has-to-search-for-music-library-on-every-boot-up.974654/
Relevancy 75.25%

I am new to the forum. I have been searching for a solution to this problem for a while now and came upon this site by accident. I searched the forums already posted to see if the subject has already been adressed, but could not find any posts concerning my specific problem.

It is not a major problem, just an annoying one. My music library is on my D drive. Media player searches, finds and loads all of my music without any problem. Every time i boot my laptop and open media player, the music is gone and media player has to search the whole computer for all my music files again. It finds them without any problem, but i do not have access to my whole library for an hour on every boot up. Is this normal for windows 7. Did i do something wrong setting up my library and is their a fix for this?

thanks

Relevancy 65.79%

Im having a problem with Windows 7 RC1. I have all my music on an external drive that i keep plugged into my computer. i added the music folder on my external to the music library in windows 7. whenever i open windows media player it always has to reload my music, which takes a few minutes. Im wondering if there is a way to make it not have to reload the music and just remember where it is.

A:Windows 7 not saving my music library

**** it im using iTunes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-not-saving-my-music-library.824040/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am a music downloader.
It used to be that WMP12 would update the mp3 music folders to where the folder contents would read as follows:

01 'Track Name'
02 'Track Name'
03 'Track Name'

and so on...

This is no longer the case. WMP will not update my media library files, although it says it does. I have cleared the cache, cleared all .wmdb files, and have completely removed all 9000 plus songs and have them reloaded. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled WMP12 to no avail.

I can manually correct the files myself, but I shouldn't have to.
What setting am I missing that needs to be set so my media library will automatically update?

Thanks

A:Windows Media Player will not update media library

Do you have retrieve additional information from the internet checked in options ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/215691-windows-media-player-will-not-update-media-library.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Im mad that my My Music folder is empty, how do i put my windows media player music in it? whenever i download music i just go to "Add to windows media player", how do i bring that to "My music", thx

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

i do it manually. if you right click the name of the song in your windows media player, and find the file location, go to that location, and manually dragndrop that file into your my music folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.566306/
Relevancy 64.5%

i tried to drag it but it wouldt let me

A:How do i put windows media player music to >> My Music Folder

What version of Windows do you have and which version of WMP?

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to put music files that are in My Music into the WMP library?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-windows-media-player-music-to-my-music-folder.862137/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I am having a peculiar problem with Windows Media Player series Library Media Windows Media Player Help Since its release I have used WMP problem free Now I have encountered some mysterious problems with the Media Library One day I opened the Media Library to find nearly songs not listed which were previously there I have checked that the files still exist and I have checked the WMP is monitoring the correct folders Even more mysterious is that when I choose to list the music by Album only about a dozen albums show up even though there is music in the library that is part and listed under hundreds of albums And even the music that still shows up I have tried numerous ways to re-add the music to the library and I have even reinstalled WMP I have not done an uninstall reinstall because I am hesitant to lose the user ratings I don t care much about Play Count though I have exhausted chat rooms microsoft support and many other support forums and have not found even one person with a similar issues Windows Media Player Media Library Help It would be absolutely wonderful if somebody on this board would be able to help Windows Media Player Media Library Help me James Crosson email protected Feel free to IM me at NYY AIM if I happen to be online nbsp

A:Windows Media Player Media Library Help

While not having the answer to your problem, if you wanted to try the uninstall re-install option, you could back up the media library database file first, then re-install it to get your ratings back if you wished. I don't know if this would be the way forward if there's something wrong with the library though as you'd be re-installing the one that is broke at the moment, just something to think about. The library information is held in this file

"C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\CurrentDatabase_59R.wmdb"

before uninstalling/reinstalling windows media player though, have a look at what THIS guy has to say on the matter. There's not much he doesn't know about WMP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-media-library-help.213094/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello

i have an issues with my library file

my library its looking like this and i cant open it !!!!

and there is no " users " folder in the c:

can any one help me please

Thanks

A:Documents Library in Windows 7 no longer working ( Music + pictures +

If this just started in the last few days, do a System Restore to a date before you had the problem.
System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273924-documents-library-windows-7-no-longer-working-music-pictures.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I recently migrated to Windows My music collection stumbled along the way and I had to re-fetch artwork for a few albums in WMP I also Xbox album No art library or in music Music! set it up in iTunes My default app for MP s is WMP As you can see below artwork only appears when in the folder view which somewhat defeats the purpose of libraries in the first place I'd prefer to No album art in music library or Xbox Music! sort them by artist with album art displayed without a folder as it should and as it did in Windows Art appears in folder view but not artist or album view On a related note I recently added many new MP s to my collection When I opened Xbox Music for the first time afterwards it seemed to be downloading art to add it to my older albums all of which have art Then the process was somehow interrupted I believe I closed the app Then when I opened it again none of them had art I would very much appreciate your help

A:No album art in music library or Xbox Music!

Help please?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25914-no-album-art-music-library-xbox-music.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am transfering my music files from an old Sony, Windows98, Media player7 to another machine, an HP, WindowsXP, media player9. When I try to play any of these tracks in or out of playlist it doesn't play them it pulls up internet explorer. Where it is trying to go I dont know as I am not online yet with that machine. I noticed in the Tools, Options, Privacy tab there are options that request information from the internet about the songs. There are check boxes that are empty next to them so I dont think they're enabled. I have fields empty for each track. Like Album, media info. Is it searching for that? Can I bypass the process?

A:Solved: Having problem playing transfered music from windows media 7 to windows media 9

Found problem, I protected the tracks when I downloaded them so when I go to transfer them & play them on this other PC it is pulling up internet explorer to get license confirmation. I won't do that again. Said something about limiting the number of computers to be played on after you protect them. Problem solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-having-problem-playing-transfered-music-from-windows-media-7-to-windows-media-9.667514/
Relevancy 60.63%

I know there is another thread just like this one. but it is listed as solved, and it is not solved. my library dissapered?? and it wont let me add anything to my library????? i go into manage folders and add folders that contain my music and click ok..... ...... nothing happens. not only that but it wont find my mp3 player anymore. it just says connect device, even though my device is connected. the other threads last post was saying something about the problem being from URGE, well i don't have that installed. so i would love a little more help if anyone has any ideas.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,

Im just new to using Windows Media Player 10 and am having trouble creating the Library.
I have a nice neat folder structure with folders for Artists and subfolders for album names and want to just read this into Windows Media Player 10 but it keeps bringing in stuff Ive already fixed using the file explorer. Why? How do I delete the libaray or recreate it from scratch?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I am having trouble with Windows Media 11 Help Media Windows Library Player Player Windows Media Player 11 Library Help When WMP opens my Library including video and music are totally missing as well as the playlists It says There are no items in this library yet - the Player is searching for digital media files in the background Click Here to add files to the library now I click on this link and nothing happens I still have all my music in the My Music Folder and I can play them but they don t add on to the library while they play Most of my files are WMA and some are MP and always works with out a problem I have done my own troubleshooting first I cleared the WMP Database no effect then I dragged and dropped all my music files in to WMP but this also had no effect Then I reinstalled WMP from the Microsoft website I still can t play music from the library and must go through the My Music Folder This started to happen about weeks ago I hate it when things don t work Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I am having trouble with Windows Media Player on WinXP Pro This was addressed in library again? 11 Windows player gone... media an older Windows media player 11 library gone... again? thread but I had a very similar problem and am still struggling to recover I started having difficulty when ripping new CDs They would constantly come up under quot Unknown Album quot if they were available at all Shortly after that my entire library disappeared Fortunately the underlying WMA files are still there I attempted to reinstall WMP at least twice and then happened upon a potential fix at the MS Knowledge Base as well as on this forum http support microsoft com kb I did this and re-loaded my library with some success But the entire library - thousands of songs - is still coming up under quot Unknown Album quot If I look at any given song and do a quot Find Album Info quot it goes out and updates all the information but doing that for individual files would be problematic Is there a setting that I am missing that would automatically update all the album information as I load the library ED I should note that my WMA files are stored on a GB Maxtor External HDD Don t know if this makes a difference nbsp

A:Windows media player 11 library gone... again?

The problem I am having is on my notebook computer. I have a desktop computer on the same network which has a copy of the library on its D: drive. That WMP11 library works just fine.

On the notebook computer, I attempted to run Tools >> Apply Media Information Changes. No response. The status window which pops up tells me that there is no response from the server, and that it is retrying.

On my desktop, again, on the same network, the same series of commands results in progress in this "Apply Changes" status window, and after a few minutes it says it's complete. I don't see that any changes were made, but I didn't look extensively.

What server is "Apply Media Information Changes" looking for, and why can't my notebook computer find it?

(BTW: Wrote this post on said Notebook, so yes, its internet connection seems to be working...)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-11-library-gone-again.775387/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey Guys,

For some reason, I cannot add .AVI or .MP4 files to my Windows Media Player 11 library. I know that WMP doesn't natively support .MP4 files, but I am at a loss as to why it won't take .AVI files. I have tried multiple codecs to encode the video (.MP4, DivX, etc.).

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-add-avi-or-mp4-to-my-windows-media-player-11-library.658078/
Relevancy 60.63%

Media library is corrupted - detected
keeps appearing every 10 minutes then goes away every other day! I use the troubleshooter and the fix doesn't work. Any suggestions?

A:Windows media library is corrupted

Where exactly do you see this appearing? Are you experiencing any actual problems with WMP's library?
I suggest that you try resetting the media library. First note that resetting the library will make you lose all current play counts, and possibly ratings too. Then, follow these steps:
- Reboot the PC.
- Go to Start, type services.msc in the Search field, and press Enter. In Services, find the
Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service. If its status is
Started, double-click the service and click
Stop.
- Go to Start, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft in the Search field, and press Enter. This folder will open up in Windows Explorer.
- In this folder, delete the Media Player folder. If you can't see the folder, then it's probably hidden. Set Explorer to show hidden files and folders, and to show protected system files.
- Start WMP, your library will have been reset and will be rebuilt. Check if the issue still occurs.
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3c481e9b-26e4-4d08-ac7a-a242df38421d/windows-media-library-is-corrupted?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi This might be easy library Windows 11 Player Media enough to fix but I certainly haven t been able to figure out how I simply want my wma lossless music library to be sorted by last name first first name last Being in my Windows Media Player 11 library mid- s and being into music since I was I just can t get used to David Bowie being under quot D quot instead of quot B quot Windows Media Player 11 library or Frank Zappa under Windows Media Player 11 library quot F quot instead of quot Z quot or The Carpenters under quot T quot instead of quot C quot I ve tried to solve this problem on and off for a long time and tried to find the answer on line without success Recently I ve added a few albums and have this issue as usual but now even when I edit the artist in wmp it won t quot take quot I rename quot Frank Zappa quot to quot Zappa Frank quot restart the application and it s back under quot F quot I d just forget about even bothering with the program and finding something else but I really like wma lossless plus it syncs much faster with my wma mp player than drag and drop Any help would be appreciated Thanks mas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-11-library.696636/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello..

why is it that my WMP library doesn't read the files in my music folder, although when I right click "music" then " Manage Music Library " the music folder is there and it's the "default save location",,and it's the only folder there.. but when i open WMP there is an arrow moving downwards and says "Updating music library" but the folder is "C:\users\*******\Pictures"!!!!! How is that???? and where did it got this Pictures folder from??!!!

I Tried removing WMP then adding it again,, tried removing the music folder from the library then Including it again,,, tried deleting the "C:\users\*******\appdata\Local\Microsof... folder.. All didn't work..

It happened when I copied the "c:\users\*******\appdata" from a previous laptop of mine to this new one..

Anybody PLEASE could give me a solution???

A:Windows media player 12 Library Error PLEASE HELP

Quote:

tried deleting the "C:\users\*******\appdata\Local\Microsof... folder

I'm sorry about the mistake,, i deleted the Folder "C:\users\*******\appdata\Local\Microsoft\media player" but all the previous tries didn't work....

anynody PLEASE a Solution

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-media-player-12-library-error-please-help-755969.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Okay I seem to have managed to corrupt my windows media player library. It won't add any media files at all or videos. I click on commands and nothing seems to happen, except I can open and close the program. I am sorry to b vague, but yeah it's happened in the last 24 hours and I'm trying to figure how I can repair Windows Media Player.
At one point I've discovered I can't rip music through Windows Media Player either.

Hope this helps. Any suggestions on what could have caused the corruption and how I can fix this?

Cheers, any help would be most appreciative.

A:corrupted windows media player library

Yeah, this happened to me, too. When I add music to the Music Library, It doesn't show up at all in Windows Media Player. It REALLY irritates me, because I want to put music on my mp3 player :'(

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12570-corrupted-windows-media-player-library.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Whats going on on my computer. I am running Vista Home Premium as a standalone computer with no other users but me. I have just got the following message:
DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS DEVICE TO PLAY CONTENT FROM YOUR WINDOWS MEDIA LIBRARY. YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE THE MUSIC PICTURES AND VIDEAO TO SHARE. CARLA PC. ALLOW OR DENY. WHO IS CARLA?. IF I CLICK DENY IT SAYS CARLA-PC WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY CONTENT FROM YOUR LIBRARY. DO YOU WANT TO PREVENT ALL OTHER USERS ON THIS COMPUTER FROM SHARING THEIR MEDIA WITH CARLA-PC MY COMPUTER NAME IS SUE-PC AND I AM THE ONLY USER

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-library-sharing.770465/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi! I have had WMP11 installed for some time now (since the betas) I now have the final for XP (11.0.5721.5145) and was very happy with it until today when out of nowhere, my whole library just disappeared. I was doing nothing significant, nothing intensive, I just opened it and it wasn't there. So I rolled back to 10 and the library came back. So I then downloaded and installed 11 and it isn't there. When I click the 'click here to add files to the library now' and add some folders and hit 'ok' it just does nothing. Same happens when I add via F3 and the menu. How can I keep WMP 11 AND my library (AT THE SAME TIME ). Thanks, Silver

Relevancy 60.2%

Windows media player library sharing
Whats going on on my computer. I am running Vista Home Premium as a standalone laptop with no other users but me. I have just got the following message:
DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS DEVICE TO PLAY CONTENT FROM YOUR WINDOWS MEDIA LIBRARY. YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE THE MUSIC PICTURES AND VIDEAO TO SHARE. CARLA PC. ALLOW OR DENY. WHO IS CARLA?. IF I CLICK DENY IT SAYS CARLA-PC WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY CONTENT FROM YOUR LIBRARY. DO YOU WANT TO PREVENT ALL OTHER USERS ON THIS COMPUTER FROM SHARING THEIR MEDIA WITH CARLA-PC MY COMPUTER NAME IS heather-PC AND I AM THE ONLY USER

A:Windows media player library sharing

If you go on "Start -> Network" can you see a computer on that called "CARLA-PC"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-library-sharing.868751/
Relevancy 60.2%

i have recently got an external hard drive and want to move all my music files there. i have copied those already, but my problem is how to let my widows media player read from the external HDD library and not from the internal one. i want to delete my music from my internal HDD to free some space.

thanks!

edward

A:how to change windows media player library

The easiest way is to remove all the listings from Media Library and then go to Search for Media and point the search to your new drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-windows-media-player-library.387347/
Relevancy 60.2%

WMP 10 shows my library with parts of the list "whited out".

The background is black. The letters are in white.

Following a row that displays normally will be a row that is solid white. If I Ctrl A, that row and all rows show white letters on a blue background.

I will appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks

Bob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-library-white-out.303346/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I want to erase the Media Library in Windows Media Player so I can rebuilt without dups. What is the file name and in which folder do I find it.

Thanks

Bob

A:Solved: Windows Media Player library

I would select all the tracks in the library and delete, making sure it says 'Delete from library only'. Then drag and drop your files back in to rebuild.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-player-library.610409/
Relevancy 60.2%

Okay so for about years now i've been trying to figure out how to get Windows to not keep a Music library in Windows Media Player never got it me I Windows Deleted- Media Library so mad am help please Broken quot WMPNetworksync quot thing was supposed to be it but I cannot control it Is says I have to change the quot inherited permissions quot but there is no way to do so Seriously I hate Microsoft so much it's not just their computers it's Xbox too nothing works right so much deception and childish fights with Apple are exhausting I got a virus from Acid Pro a while ago and got it fixed and Windows Ultimate I don't know what is so great about quot Ultimate quot other than the brightness bar quit working I am so upset with how useless Windows is Good thing I have internet because the quot help quot system is completely useless in every way shape and form Again I am so used to this terrible treatment I don't even care anymore my iPod has never failed me I'd just I am so mad please help me Windows Media Deleted- Broken Library really appreciate some support

A:I am so mad please help me Windows Media Deleted- Broken Library

Ok, so what exactly is your problem? Other than your dislike of anything Microsoft, of course.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/240363-i-am-so-mad-please-help-me-windows-media-deleted-broken-library.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Whats going on on my computer. I am running Vista Home Premium as a standalone computer with no other users but me. I have just got the following message:
DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS DEVICE TO PLAY CONTENT FROM YOUR WINDOWS MEDIA LIBRARY. YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE THE MUSIC PICTURES AND VIDEAO TO SHARE. CARLA PC. ALLOW OR DENY. WHO IS CARLA?. IF I CLICK DENY IT SAYS CARLA-PC WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY CONTENT FROM YOUR LIBRARY. DO YOU WANT TO PREVENT ALL OTHER USERS ON THIS COMPUTER FROM SHARING THEIR MEDIA WITH CARLA-PC MY COMPUTER NAME IS SUE-PC AND I AM THE ONLY USER

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-library-sharing.770466/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys I need to add some MP files to my Windows Media Library but WMP will not add them to the Library? I to How add can Player my Windows files Media .MP4 library I realize I can always convert the files but I would like to experiment with this I have heard that I need to download a MP How can I add .MP4 files to my Windows Media Player Library? DirectShow decoder pack in order to make this work From Xbox com How can I get Windows Media Player to stream MPEG- Part and H to my console A By default Windows Media Player does not support MPEG- Part and H You can either convert your MPEG- Part and H content to WMV or you can install a third-party MP DirectShow decoder pack to import MPEG- part and H files into your library Once they are in your library they can be streamed to your console just like WMVs So what all do I need to do to make WMP import MP and h files into the library and read the tags Thanks nbsp

A:How can I add .MP4 files to my Windows Media Player Library?

Well, it sounds to me like you need to install a third-party MP4 DirectShow decoder pack. But since I don't use WMP for video (yet) I really can't say for sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-add-mp4-files-to-my-windows-media-player-library.657715/
Relevancy 60.2%

I 11 To How Windows In Library Player Media Delete use widows media player to play music from the files on my PC I open my file folder and click play I noticed tonight going through the headings on the player Library- Burn- Rip etc that the library has a list of stuff going back months I never play music from there I always do as above How To Delete Library In Windows Media Player 11 and play from the file folder in quot My Received Files quot I looked but could find no function to delete the library only something which said quot when deleting files from library also delete from my computer quot which I don t want to do I only want to use WMP as How To Delete Library In Windows Media Player 11 a player viewer not a library I did a search but couldn t find anything so could some one tell if it is possible to delete the library I don t see How To Delete Library In Windows Media Player 11 the sense in having these files in two different places on my PC As usual thanks in advance

A:How To Delete Library In Windows Media Player 11

pretty sure the library thing is just a catalog of the media you have on your computer. If you're talking about playlists I'm not positive how to delete them, I don't mess with them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166856/how-to-delete-library-in-windows-media-player-11/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have Windows XP Pro, SP2.

I have a listing of songs, playlists, etc. in Windows Media Player (WMP) 10's library. What I'd like to do is have it be like I just installed Media Player, (the library not yet filled). Is there a file that holds the library information that I could just delete forcing WMP to rescan the My Music folder, (or where ever my music files are kept)? I also have Fedora Core 6 (Linux). Its media player is called Rhythymbox. With it I can delete a file that forces Rhythymbox to scan the folder where my Linux music is kept. Can I do anything like that with WMP?

royeo

A:How to blank out Windows Media Player 10's library

To blank out the library highlight all of the songs, right-click > delete (making sure to NOT delete the files). Do the same with the playlists.

Rather than have WMP scan for music and add it, just drag-and-drop your music folders into the library.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-blank-out-windows-media-player-10s-library.547401/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi!

I don't know why but i don't have the tab called ''movies'' or ''movies library'' on my media center start screen. All the tutorials and stuff show that it's there and exists but i don't have one. How can I get it there?

Please help!

A:No movie library tab in windows media center

This can be found in the Pictures & Videos Tab and then you click the Video Lirary and you should see all your Folders and Media

Do you have any Videos in your Video Folder??

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/software/284444-no-movie-library-tab-windows-media-center.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Is there a way to stop Windows Media Player automatically adding entries to it's Library.

Everytime I start Windows Media Player it starts to search for files to add to the Library (Music and Pictures).

I also have thousands of {.....}.jpg files in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\Art Cache\localMLS. Are these related to the Windows Media Player Library and can these be safely deleted.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-library-entries-319280.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently purchased a used computer with Vista x64 that seemed to be working fine until recently. However for some reason, whenever I try to play any files from the library or from a CD in WMP11 it automatically skips the track after 1-5 seconds. In addition to that, instead of going to the next track, it starts moving backwards up through my library. If I go to the Now Playing tab, I can see that for some reason it has added every single song in my library to the list. Has anyone ever seen a problem like this before?

A:Windows Media Player 11 can't play from library or CDs

I've never seen a problem like this before personally.If i were you i'd make sure my audio files weren't somehow corrupt and if they weren't then from there i'd reinstall windows media player.(don't forget to uninstall it first).

If that doesn't work i'd wait for someone with more experience with these kind of issues.If all else fails you could always resourt to using a different program to view your media.If your doing this just for audio that I highly recommend Media Monkey.There's a free and paid version but the free version is great so don't bother with the paid version unless you'd like the help the company for such great software =D
If your looking for audio and video media player I recommend VLC media players.I has a simple interface that should be easy to figure out and it can play many video formats which is very helpful

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-11-cant-play-from-library-or-cds.933194/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I'm using Windows XP Pro. Please could someone tell me how to clear the Windows Media Player 11 Library? I have a very large quantity of media indexed in it and it's causing it to run slowly.

Thanks,
Joe

A:Clearing Windows Media Player 11 Library

To delete an item from the library simply right-click on it and select Delete. To delete everything press Ctrl+A to select all and then right-click > Delete.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/104171/clearing-windows-media-player-11-library/
Relevancy 60.2%

I get problem with my wmp10, sometimes when I Click on Library tab in Windows Media Player 10, it automatically restart my computer even I formated my hard disk and re-install my windows.
it never happened before just recently.
Someone could help me?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/click-on-library-tab-in-windows-media-player-10.27748/
Relevancy 60.2%

Please help my windows media player is driving me nuts I have been using itunes for years and i love it but i tried to add all of my music to my wmp last night so i can sync it with my phone I hit F to add to my library and windows searched my music folder finding songs all of which are listed and play perfectly in itunes but only added about I tried to delete everything by going to USERPROFILE Local Settings Application Data 11 Windows Player Library Media Issue Microsoft Media Player quot and replacing the quot media player quot folder with a new one in case there were any corruptions then had wmp search for songs again Again it found but only added the same I can t seem to find any sort of pattern in the files it isn t adding All of my files are Windows Media Player 11 Library Issue either mp mp or wmv can anyone think of a solution reason why it s doing this Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-11-library-issue.640367/
Relevancy 60.2%

Not sure if this is the right section, I think so?! ----Sorry if its not!!
Anywho how do I clear my whole playlist in my Windows Media Player Library (Version 10 or 11 of WMA, I forget)

How do I clear out my whole library so I can start fresh, I added the same songs from two different drives (backups) and didn't realize that it would double them up so now I have two of every song on there.. no fun

How do I clear it out so I can just add the one folder that I need on there?!

-Thanks!!!

A:Windows Media Player Library Question

?! Anyone?!?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-library-question.638136/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a sony Vaio which has WINDOWS 7 MEDIA PLAYER. I am ok using a computer but havent got a clue as to how it works etc so any advice will have to be really basic

When I click START ALL PROGRAMMES - WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER - MUSIC it says NO ITEMS????

ALSO

When I go to START - MEDIA GALLERY - MUSIC everything is there all the albums and tracks etc

ALSO

When i go in on WINDOWS EXPLORER - LIBRARIES it isnt even showing a MUSIC FOLDER?????

In summary the tracks/albums are saved on the computer but cannot be accessed via the Media Player. I'm not sure if a folder has been deleted or I've just clicked on something by mistake but I dont know how to restore things back to how they were

Any suggestions????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-media-player-library-problems.997142/
Relevancy 60.2%

Well about a week ago my WMP11 Library started acting funny. My entire library was deleted. When I went to add my songs back into the library it wouldn't let me. It won't save my "Monitored Folders" settings or let me create new playlists.

The only I can think of is that it's a virus. Or one of the anti-virus software programs is locking it down. I recently added AVG, Ad-Aware, and A-Squared at about the time it started acting up, but I'm not sure whether they caused the problems or if it was the spyware/viruses that were on my computer.

I've tried re-installing WMP. When I did a rollback to WMP9 the library seemed to work fine. After I re-updated it to WMP11 again it still wasn't working.

Any help guys?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-library-lock-out-201241.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Please help my windows media player is driving me nuts I have been using itunes for years and i love it but i tried to add all of my music to my wmp last night so i can sync it with my phone I hit F to add to my library and windows searched my music folder finding songs all of which are listed and play perfectly in itunes but only added about I tried to delete everything Issue Player Media 11 Windows Library by going to USERPROFILE Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Media Player quot and replacing the quot media player quot folder with a new one in case there were any corruptions then had wmp search for songs again Again it found but only added the same I can t seem to find any sort Windows Media Player 11 Library Issue of pattern in the files it isn t adding All of my files are either mp mp or wmv can anyone think of a solution reason why it s doing this Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I can't figure it out, and I can't mass highlight anything.

A:How do I clear the windows media player library?

Open media player
Tools:
Options
Privacy
Delete history & cache
Click on library
Put "check in box"...Delete files from pc when deleted from library
Back to main screen
View
Go to
Library
empty we hope!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-clear-the-windows-media-player-library.428503/
Relevancy 59.34%

In Windows 7 the folder structure allows you to make "Other Libraries" under the "Library" folder structure. But these other Libraries that you make under the "Libray" folder structure do NOT appear in Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7?

There is a category labeled "Other Libraries" in Windows Media Player but it only seems to list other media programs like my Rhapsody account when I am playing it. Otherwise nothing appears under the Media Player Library category "Other Libraries".

Is there a way to make Windows Media Libraries other than the basic ones of Music, Videos, Pictures, Recorded TV and Other Media and to get them to appear in Windows Media Player? - To get them to appear under "Other Libraries" in Windows Media Player?

Anyone know how this can be done? Thanks.

John

A:In Windows 7 can Windows Media Player recognize "Other Libraires" that you make under "Library" folders?

Not sure what you're asking ... what other type of file/folder do you want to open with WMP?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317192/in-windows-7-can-windows-media-player-recognize-other-libraires-that-you-make-under-library-folders/
Relevancy 59.34%

When I rip a CD, it does show up in Start / Music / My Music folder. And will play in WMP when I double click it there, but does not show up in the library when I open WMP. Ripped 5 CD's today, the first 3 did just fine / info & in library-- last 2 are not. And when you load a CD to play or rip, it does not load up Album info. Just "unknown album" . Ran a troubleshoot and shooter said Library was corrupt. How do I fix this issue. Win 7 Home Premium on a new Dell -- no changes to default settings. Thanks, tom

Also, "find album info" does nothing on most songs and cannot delete songs from library--- nothing happens with either of this commands

A:Windows Media Player 12 - won't list new rips in library

you could reinstall wmp 12

some optimisers like norton,iobit,system mechanic change the default settings for privacy,remember last file etc etc etc,, suggest you re look at optiions under the top tabs of wmp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-12-wont-list-new-rips-in-library.933029/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all,

I have about 1250 wav files on my computer, ripped from CDs using WM Player 11.

After ripping each CD, I went through and added composer metadata for every single track (for my job in music publishing). It took me aaaagggeeess.

Then today in a moment of idiocy I accidentally cleared the WM Player library. When I added all the ripped CDs back to the library from my hard drive, they didn't have any of the composer metadata anymore!

Is there any way I can get this data back without having to manually enter it all over again? PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME YES!

Many thanks!

Louis

A:Windows Media Player library lost - can I restore it?

Did you look in the My Music folder?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-library-lost-can-i-restore-it-388738.html
Relevancy 59.34%

When I click on any file audio in my Library of WMP the programme hangs I downloaded Version Media Player play not files will Windows Library recently and have only noticed the problem since then I see near the bottom it refers to quot sib od com quot when I highlight any file and I do not remember seeing this before - I m not a regular user of WMP but it looks as though this is in an area where Windows Media Player will not play Library files the file being selected would normally be listed I ve run HighjackThis and the log file is reproduced below I ve run AdAware Spybot Search and Destroy and AVG antivirus but none of these show any problem I ve also tried restoring to a date prior to downloading V of WMP which did not change anything Any help would be gratefully received Thanks Frankie Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C PROGRA ntl BROADB SMARTB MotiveSB exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ntlworld com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA ntl BROADB SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE quot O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync INETREPL DLL O - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync INETREPL DLL O - Extra Tools menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync INETREPL DLL O - Extra button Researcher - C-CF B- D -A - C F C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Encarta Researcher EROProj dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cab O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-will-not-play-library-files.388704/
Relevancy 59.34%

Years of difficulty hours of frustration trying to deal with this When I start Windows Media Player it starts up in Library View for a couple of seconds Then it immediately flashes down to a minimized Now Playing window I have to click Go to Library to get to the library view I operate in the Library view I have no bleeping use for the Now Playing minimized window Since I haven't started playing anything the Now Playing window is a useless Library can Media the I Player View? in How Windows start get to annoyance I just want Windows Media Player to start in Library View I've posted around other help sites and tried all the solutions Most of them tell How can I get Windows Media Player to start in the Library View? me to put Task Library or Task MediaLibrary at the end of the command line of the shortcut menu in the Properties box when I right-click the Windows Media Player How can I get Windows Media Player to start in the Library View? startup icon Here are examples of this advice http www sevenforums com music-pictures-video -how-open-wmp- -maximized-library-not-minimized-now-playing html http www makeuseof com answers windows-media-player-open-library-view http www makeuseof com answers change-default-view-windows-media-player I've tried all the solutions here over and over Nothing works I'm using Windows Professional and Windows Media Player version the most recent update Can anyone help me to get Windows Media Player to start in Library View

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555227/how-can-i-get-windows-media-player-to-start-in-the-library-view/
Relevancy 59.34%

Howdy all!
Lately, Windows Media player is listing multiple copies of songs in the library for the different artists/albums. And one instance it has mixed up the listing of 2 albums under the one artist.
I have been looking for ways to delete these duplicates, nothing I have tried has worked.
I don't even mind completely deleting the list of all of the albums (as long as I can keep them in the My Music Folder)
Guess I could copy everything to a thumb drive to re load....
Any suggestions how to handle this situation?
Thanks.
Vicks

A:Solved: Windows media player library duplicates

Hi Vicks,

The easiest way is to delete the WMP database, it won't affect your actual music files. Then reload the library.

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/02/fix-corrupt-windows-media-player.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-player-library-duplicates.1009778/
Relevancy 59.34%

This is a bit of an odd one and I've been poking around the interwebs for a while but not come up with anything of use so far Any assistance would be much appreciated I'm running Media links won't Player display Windows 11 library Windows Media Player on Vista and until recently have had no real problems Recently however it has inexplicably stopped displaying the internal links in the Library For example ordinarily when viewing an individual album Windows Media Player 11 won't display library links by the side of the track listing would be the Artist Genre and a few other pieces of data clicking on which would result in being taken to the relevant part of the library Now all I get is the track listing Ditto for other parts of the library - artist view song view etc it's still the same All the information is still there - I can still view the artist album that sort of thing by going to them manually - but the links have gone I have no idea how this happened and haven't managed to find anything by looking online for help If anyone has any suggestions it'd be great D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-media-player-11-wont-display-library-links-502478.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,
Having recently upgraded my computer, and thus getting a much bigger hard drive, I have been recording a lot of films off TV through Windows Media Center. I have since noticed that all of the films have been put into the DVD library, but they are just displayed with a blue rectangle.

How can I add a DVD cover picture to each of these?

It's obviously not causing a problem, just a purely cosmetic thing!

My computer is running Vista 32-bit, and the recorded TV is being put in the default Recorded TV folder, if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-media-center-adding-dvd-covers-in-dvd-library-438415.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have like thousands of little vocal clips that are from tutorials or something that got added to the Media Player Library. Now, is it possible to just empty the library and start over?

A:how does one delete files from the Windows Media Player library?

Do you want the library to contain clips that you play from now on or are they in a different location that you play from anyway?

*If you have Windows Media Player started, close it so the library file won't be in use.
*Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Index with Windows Explorer or using My Computer.
*Locate the wmlibrary...db file.

If you erase that your library will be deleted. If you want to create a new one, pointed to a location where your playble files are (elsewhere)

*Start Windows Media Player and hit F3 once it has started up.
*Enter the location that you music is and Windows Media Player will create a new library.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-does-one-delete-files-from-the-windows-media-player-library-130725.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I ve recently found this funny Australian show Player Library/ Adding Windows Media mp4 files to 360 Xbox called the Chaser s War on Everything Youtube it it s freakin hilarious Anyways the videos are in mp format and I have Adding mp4 files to Windows Media Player Library/ Xbox 360 no problem viewing them on my compter with quicktime or vlc However I like watching Adding mp4 files to Windows Media Player Library/ Xbox 360 shows on my xbox by using it as an extender of the windows media player but the thing is a video must be in the wmp library to be playable on the WMP doesnt have support for mp files so I found a site that had exactly what I was looking for http owlet spaces live com blog cns D B C DDF D entry It instructed me to install ffdshow and haali media splitter Then you would go into the registry to force wmp and explorer exe to recognize mp files and be able to not only play them but also show thumbnails for the movies in explorer I can now play mp videos in wmp and explorer creates a thumbnail of the video but the movies are never added to my wmp library I have been pulling my hair out about this for hours One alternative that I found was that if i rename the file from movie mp to movie wmv or movie avi the video would play and be added to the library If I try to change it back then neither movie mp nor movie wmv will ever be added to the library So i guess what im asking is how can I make mp videos show up in the Windows media player library when it auto detects media PLEase HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-mp4-files-to-windows-media-player-library-xbox-360.700152/
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm having difficulty adding MP3 files from other folders to the Media Player library. When I choose "add to Library..." in Media Player, it scans for digital files and finds lots of them, but nothing gets added to the library. If I click on one of the digital files in another folder, Media Player will play the file, but I can't add it to the library. What's up?

A:Can't add digital files in other folders to the Windows Media Player library

Try and send the files to your music folder.Right click the file you want open drag and drop into music folder.This will automatically send them to windows media player library.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427334/cant-add-digital-files-in-other-folders-to-the-windows-media-player-library/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey Guys,

We have two MP3 players in our family that use Windows Media Player to sync music with. These are the Sansa e250 and the Sansa Clip.

What is the simplest way (in windows media player) to designate which songs go to which devices? Obviously each person has different tastes in music, and do not want the exact same songs as the other. This is what I am trying to figure out.

How can I tell certain songs to only go to certain devices? Thanks!

A:What is the easiest way to separate Windows Media Player library for two MP3 Players?

I also have the e250 and I've been using Musicmatch to load it up, so I'm not exactly sure how it works with WMP, but what I do is edit a playlist to get the songs I want and determine the size in MB then drag-and-drop it in. Use different playlist for each player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-easiest-way-to-separate-windows-media-player-library-for-two-mp3-players.664670/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have loaded over 1,000 songs from CD's into the Media Library and it worked great. Now, the Library comes up completely blank without even listing Arist, Genre, Playlists, etc. The files are still on the computer and will play one by one. However, the media player will not search for files or read the CD player. Any thoughts out there? This is version 9 running on XP Pro.

A:Windows Media Player - Library and Search no longer work

Hi Bantha
Here is and article you might be interested in. http://www.zdnet.com.au/newstech/ebusiness/story/0,2000048590,20268189,00.htm From what I understand version 9 is very hard to uninstall. If you absolutely have to have a Microsoft product and you do find a way to uninstall version 9 then go back to 8.0.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-library-and-search-no-longer-work.183188/
Relevancy 58.05%

When Media Player is in quot Library quot view more specifically when the view is set to quot Icon quot it displays as an icon the album art of View Windows Player Sizes? I change Media Library How do Icon an album with the quot Album Name quot and quot Album Artist quot underneath How do I change Windows Media Player Library View Icon Sizes? as titles Media Player Library View The icon is at a default size of x pixels What I want to know is even if a registry edit is required can the size of the Icon be changed to maybe x or larger I ask this because if you look at the above screenshot you'll see that sometimes if the album name is relatively long quot Love Songs Disc quot and quot Conquest of Paradise quot for example then the text will be wrapped and the quot Album Artist quot part of the icon titles is not displayed It is my hope that by increasing the size of the icon there will be more room available to display the quot Album Name quot without pushing off the quot Album Artist quot Also related how do I force WMP to totally ignore my pictures It doesn't make sense to have pictures in a media library

A:How do I change Windows Media Player Library View Icon Sizes?

Hi Peter !

I dont have any answer for your first question . Actually I am also searching for it

But there may be a way to remove all the pictures from WMP library. Right click on the picture tab in the left navigation pane, select customize navigation pane, and uncheck picture there . Now click ok .

No more pictures are there

You may see the snips . Snip 1 : Right click and Customize navigation pane
Snip 2 : Uncheck pictures . Be careful ... at first click, it will remove the square, but check all boxes under pictures. you need to have a second click
Snip 3: Nevigate to some other library, and there is no pictures at all

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/98877-how-do-i-change-windows-media-player-library-view-icon-sizes.html
Relevancy 58.05%

OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology but showing Song Media library in in not Player Solved: - Windows playlist, Co Ltd H M-USB -B REV Antivirus Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I m running the above system I downloaded a song from iTunes then played it using Windows Media Player I now have the situation where the song appears in a playlist the only item in the playlist and Solved: Song in playlist, but not showing in library - Windows Media Player it will play from there but it doesn t appear anywhere else in the library - not under artist album or whatever If I use the search function in Media Player with the library contents on screen I receive the message there are no matching items in this view When I right click the file and open file location it appears in my music folder in the various artists column but it s not there in Media Player Any ideas folks nbsp

A:Solved: Song in playlist, but not showing in library - Windows Media Player

You may have a corrupted library. Try Microsoft's "Fix it".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-song-in-playlist-but-not-showing-in-library-windows-media-player.1037018/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello all I am trying to write a batch file that will rebuild the Windows Media Player my Why Player Rebuild batch Media Windows Library - file wont work? library automatically but I'm a little confused perhaps someone can enlighten me I wrote the following based on this How-To Rebuild Your Windows Media Player Library Code ECHO Rebuild Windows Media Player Library - Why wont my batch file work? On echo msgbox quot Warning this will close Windows Media Player quot quot Warning quot gt gt popup vbs WScript exe popup vbs del popup vbs sc stop WMPNetworkSvc TASKKILL IM wmplayer exe F TASKKILL IM wmpnetwk exe F set WMPDIR USERPROFILE AppData Local Microsoft Media Player mkdir WMPDIR TomBackup copy WMPDIR CurrentDatabase wmdb WMPDIR TomBackup copy WMPDIR LocalMLS wmdb WMPDIR TomBackup del F Q WMPDIR CurrentDatabase wmdb del F Q WMPDIR LocalMLS wmdb echo msgbox quot Windows Media Player Library Rebuilt quot quot Process Completed quot gt gt popup vbs WScript exe popup vbs del popup vbs sc start WMPNetworkSvc start PROGRAMFILES Windows Media Player wmplayer exe start PROGRAMFILES Windows Media Player Rebuild Windows Media Player Library - Why wont my batch file work? wmpnetwk exe And as you can see my batch file does in theory exactly what that tutorial suggests but it does not work When I run it it it all seems to work apart from this part Code mkdir WMPDIR TomBackup copy WMPDIR CurrentDatabase wmdb WMPDIR TomBackup copy WMPDIR LocalMLS wmdb WMPDIR TomBackup del F Q WMPDIR CurrentDatabase wmdb del F Q WMPDIR LocalMLS wmdb The directory is not made and no files are copied or deleted can someone explain what I'm doing wrong please Thanks Tom

A:Rebuild Windows Media Player Library - Why wont my batch file work?

Originally Posted by tom982

set WMPDIR=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player

Hi,

You need to enclose the: -

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player in "" (Quotes) for it to work. OK?

Code:
set WMPDIR="%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player"

http://www.vistax64.com/software/292246-rebuild-windows-media-player-library-why-wont-my-batch-file-work.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I purchased my computer specs below about two years ago After an update approximately a week ago I had two problems with my audio My Dolby Home Theater cannot automatically open If I try to open Dolby Home Theater or troubleshoot it it will automatically shut Windows corrupt, Dolby library Player open Audio Driver cannot Media down As soon as I log into my computer I get an error that reads more or less that quot Dolby Audio cannot open please restart or reinstall the driver if the problem persists quot Alternatively if I reinstall my Realtek Driver from what's on the Acer website for my computer I receive a prompt that PCEE needs to be installed which completely halts the installation process I think the Dolby issue is probably causing trouble with my media players Windows Media Player will Windows Media Player library corrupt, Dolby Audio Driver cannot open give Windows Media Player library corrupt, Dolby Audio Driver cannot open me an error message error C D B to be exact if I try to play music or video When I troubleshoot it just says that the media library is corrupted It will only detect not apply a fix I've attempted to un and reinstall via Windows Features to no success I'm also having issues with Media Center and Quicktime the former will not play at all the latter it will play but without audio Music will play fine on all other applications including Firefox Chrome Windows Movie Maker and Skype I've attempted system restore- earliest I can go back is two days after the update attempted re installation of Realtek- could not finish states PCEE must be installed turned Media Player and Media Center off and on in Windows Features- doesn't work In fact if I don't uncheck Media Center too Media Player will already be checked back on when it should've been unchecked ran commands to find issues- nothing found attempted to find updates for drivers- nothing found update is most current searched for and installed codecs- nothing found scanned for viruses- nothing Device Manager- everything up to date no problems detected Clean Boot- didn't find source of issue Windows Media Player under advanced tools restore media library- did not work I feel like I've done everything I can do short of an OS reinstallation I've spend a good portion of my time this entire week trying to fix it Is there anything else I can do for either Something I've missed after combing these forums or elsewhere for five or six days Or is my computer gone I'm about at my wit's end with this issue Specs Acer Aspire M - T Windows bit Home Premium Intel i - M CPU GHz

A:Windows Media Player library corrupt, Dolby Audio Driver cannot open

Welcome to the forums cajonredpanda!

Just asking but have you been to Microsofts fixit center? Might be worth a shot.Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues

If your library is corrupted you could try this : Windows Media Player - Rebuild Corrupted Libraries

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/353027-windows-media-player-library-corrupt-dolby-audio-driver-cannot-open.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have just started to set up Windows Media Center on my new Vista computer
However halfway through scanning for my music I knocked the keyboard and it stopped with only half my songs added
Cant find a way to sort it out and delete the ones added and start again
Found out it could be the .wmdb file I have to find and delete?
Is that so as just can't find it on the computer.

A:Vista Home Premium - delete Windows Media Center library files?

You can tell Vista to scan again and it will find the missing files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-home-premium-delete-windows-media-center-library-files.735707/
Relevancy 57.62%

OKAY. I have a Surface Pro with 128 GB storage so I want to conserve space by using my 64 GB micro SDXC card which is seen as a removeable drive. It is so small and sticks into the pro to where you can't see it. It does not stick out so I just leave it in there all the time. How would I get Media Center to see that as part of my Media Library?

A:Media Center to see micro SDXC as part of Media Library?

Originally Posted by Papa47

OKAY. I have a Surface Pro with 128 GB storage so I want to conserve space by using my 64 GB micro SDXC card which is seen as a removeable drive. It is so small and sticks into the pro to where you can't see it. It does not stick out so I just leave it in there all the time. How would I get Media Center to see that as part of my Media Library?

You can add Video folders on the micro SDXC to your Video's Library in Windows 8.

Then when you set up Media Center browse to the Library where the video files reside and you will then be able to play all of the video files which reside in your Video's Library from Media Center.

Shawn's tutorial on adding folders or drives to the Library's should be helpful.

Library - Add a Folder to in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/20239-media-center-see-micro-sdxc-part-media-library.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi
I had a few problems with the album info in Media Player (some tracks werent assigned to the correct album - some albums appeared twice with some tracks in one instance and the rest in another). I have resolved this but I now get different album info in Media Center (some are still split, some album art isnt showing even though it appears correctly in Media Player). Does anyone have any ideas how the info is different (I thought Media Centre read the Media Player Library) and how to fix it?
Thanks
Roger

A:Different album info in Media Centre to Media Player Library

Originally Posted by rwbarrett

Hi
I had a few problems with the album info in Media Player (some tracks werent assigned to the correct album - some albums appeared twice with some tracks in one instance and the rest in another). I have resolved this but I now get different album info in Media Center (some are still split, some album art isnt showing even though it appears correctly in Media Player). Does anyone have any ideas how the info is different (I thought Media Centre read the Media Player Library) and how to fix it?
Thanks
Roger

General technique:
1) Edit the tags in Windows
2) Drag the album to WMP11 to check
3) Fix the tag info in Windows where needed
4) Redrag to WMP11 and check again
5) Repeat 3 and 4 as necessary
6) Open VMC and pray!

Problem 1: Inconsistent/duplicate albums
You didn't mention the file types, but I'll assume they're MP3s. In this case the problems is likely in the tags. Try this procedure:

1) Select all of the tracks of the album inside of Windows
2) Right click and select "Properties", then "Details" to bring up the Tag editor
3) Rename the Album Artist to something different like "a" and hit OK
4) Do this again but this time rename the Album Artist back to the correct name and hit OK

This will clear any inconsistencies in the Album Artist which seem to happen when tags are downloaded from the internet. Remember that tag info is a community thing, their is no quality control.

If the problem remains, try the same process for the Album name.

Problem 2: Album artwork in VMC
This can be really tricky, I have one album that I cannot fix this problem! But try this:

1) Inside of WMP11, right click the first track and select Advanced Tag Editor, then Pictures. Make sure that the picture is correct.
2) If it is not, delete it and Add the correct picture (Amazon.com/music has great album art).
3) If the art is missing on on the tracks, then you should be able to drag the JPG art over the album icon in WMP and it will add it to every track.
4) Try deleting all of the non-music files in the album's folder in Windows. These are hidden so you will need to go into "Folder and Search Options", then "View" and select "Show hidden files and folders" and deselect "Hide protected operating system files".
5) Also, try deleting the Windows Media Center Art Cache while you have hiddne files and folders viewable. They are in one or both of these locations:
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ehome\Art Cache
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player\Art Cache\LocalMLS

Overall, getting your Music library to catalog and display properly is really hard work, but eventually it will work.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/211366-different-album-info-media-centre-media-player-library.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Just a general question, In music library upper right corner it says folder with a drop down arrow and under the drop down are choices of album,artist,song,genre,rating when clicking on one of those nothing happends. Also when sharing my music alot of my songs are locked. I've tried select all/ share and tried doing them individually, neither work. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-library.914463/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi
when i rip music with windows media player how can i make it that music goes to hard drive i wish....no to main, C one....
thank you

A:windows media rip music

i got this one but,,, i lost all my album covers and don't know how to get them back
any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-rip-music.511030/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys, wondered if anyone has seen this problem...

Media player has stopped displaying the all the files I have/had in the media library, the page is completely blank when you click on the library tab on the left of the app.
I have a fair amount of files (4-5Gb), that were on a separate physical disk which I temporarily removed to use somewhere else, but having replaced it, none of them are displayed. Attempting to re-search that drive (or any other) for media files just leaves it hanging on 0% completed.
I can play files via file | open, and select files that way, but it's not much of a workaround.
I've uninstalled all the media player updates and reinstalled without effect.

I'm Running XP Pro with all the latest media player & OS patches, has anyone else seen this problem?

Many thanks

Relevancy 56.76%

So, I don't really understand Xbox Music. After a clean install of Windows 8, I opened Xbox Music, clicked on My Music. It showed 106 albums, none of which are mine as far as I can tell. Later I added my music drive to the Music library, but it still shows the same 106 albums. I have over 22,000 songs; none of them show up in Xbox Music. Very confusing.

A:Xbox Music Library

Well, after about a half an hour it decided to update. Still seems like a mess. I can't tell sometimes which are songs on the Xbox Music Store and which are on my own hard drive. Seems like everything is just mixed together without any reason.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14316-xbox-music-library.html
Relevancy 56.76%

So, my itunes library is almost perfected for my needs and includes all the music i want on my computer. however, when i go to my music folder from start, it's really disorganized and i can't stand it. i just want to know if there is a program or something that i can download that will organize my music, not just create another library and play it. the thing is, when i fixed my itunes library, i changed the artist, album, artwork etc. , but not on the original file. i want to keep all that junk too. basically, i just want it all organized. i'm really bad at describing my problem, sorry! anybody help! thanks!

A:Managing my music library, help!

Hey, if you bring up your iTunes and click on the advanced menu, then choose Consolidate Library, this will copy your files into your designated itunes folder under the directory artist/album. Also the files will be copied and not moved, so after you bring order to the chaos so to speak, you can delete your originals. And iTunes will recognise the change in directory so you wont have to re-add your library!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/managing-my-music-library-help.662815/
Relevancy 56.76%

hello i have some short of a strange problem here. my wmp's library started o act strange many songs artists and album names suddenly were renamed after one artist well it's not a big thing tho it's anoying and confuses me. so i dont wrealy know if this is fault of wmp ore something else but i only use a media player for my music and movies. i checked for viruses ore mallware nothing was found. maybe anyone could help me with this issue?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/214625-problem-wmp-music-library.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hey,
recently installed itunes and it decided to convert most of my library to aac, whatever that is. The problem is my music folder has pretty much doubled in size and is taking up 7gb when it should be about 4. is there any way to find and remove the duplicate files?
cheers

A:Music Library Nightmares

sorry, meant with some kind of program as too lazy to do it all manually

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/35751/music-library-nightmares/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have music tracks CDs stored on a Windows machine that I use as a the How app to to tell rescan library? MUSIC home server I have mapped the folder where these are all stored as Z drive on my Windows bit tablet I tried using WMP as my music How to tell MUSIC app to rescan the library? library player but after days of scanning the collection the computer crashed because WMP had filled the C drive with album-cover artwork and STILL wasn't done scanning everything I read that the Win MUSIC the app formerly known as Zune I guess app 'handles large collections' so I told it to look at my mapped dive Z for music but it's not looking not finding anything NOTHING is showing in the library Opening Z in Exlorer I can see all the subfolders and the music therein but the MUSIC app is not bothering to look I've read that using a network share to store tracks for MUSIC requires that the folder with the tracks be mapped as a drive and that it be included in the Windows Search indexing schema As far as I can tell only Windows PRO allows indexing of network files and I just have standard Anyway- is there some command to tell the MUSIC app to RESCAN it's music storage locations

A:How to tell MUSIC app to rescan the library?

First of all: Using WMP for music collections is a bad Idea. It's ui is rubbish. But what's more it also messes up the media folders. It creats thounsands of cryptically named copies of the albums art files, it stores them hidden and marks them as system files and in some cases it even converts a ordinary folder.jpg file into a hidden system file. Get some decent media player like Winamp, Media Monkey or even VLC player.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/56516-how-tell-music-app-rescan-library.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Music library and mp player Hi I know that If you rip an original CD track to MP kbps and then for whatever reason decide to compress that MP even further - say to that would result in some loss of quality But Building a music library I am ripping everything on and downloading on too But then with my future mp player having music on format that doesn t allow to store a lot in the player So thought I could compress a bit more and the quality yes the quality will be lower but then you want good quality you don t use a mp player but a normal stereo Am I right or wrong But then the And Music Player Library Mp3 days of cd are counted so we still need to put music on digital format for the future so what quality audio to use Stay with mp Or go with some other format Music Library And Mp3 Player like apple or wma from window media player Or some new recent one but may be not compatible with my new mp player and meaning I have to re-rip all my audio again Then technology will be there and there will be no need of compression And then the web will be access from everywhere and we wont Music Library And Mp3 Player have our own computer but subscribing monthly to some web site to use and listen the music and for every thing else So I am getting so confused and lost my question is what you do today and what do you recommend And about the future how are you going to keep up thanks

A:Music Library And Mp3 Player

Here are my thoughts about this:No#1. Let today be today. If your music is .mp3, then keep it that way. Don't get tricked into the hype of what tomorrow may be like. You may not see tomorrow. Just keep doing as you're doing, and forget about the Jones'No#2. No one knows what tomorrow may bring, and since music isn't important as to being prepared for tomorrow, I wouldn't even think about it. If you need more room to store your files, then invest into another hard drive, and dedicate it to just your music.Your bitrate quality will really get disturbed if you went to a very low bitate, compared to it's original format/bitrate. And again, if your music sounds good to you, and you like it, leave it be. Don't go making projects out of things you really don't want to be wasting your time on. And yes, I know, the higher the bitrate, the larger the file size. It's your move now... so what are you going to do? I say just get more hard drive/storage space, and you'll nip it in the bud..wma formats, I always convert them to .mp3.Windows Media Player? If you're gonna use it (I see no reason why you would), just be aware that by default it is set to protect your music you rip using it. What that means is that your music is protected and it's virtually held hostage on your computer. Burning it from there won't work either. So, if you're going to use WMP, make sure you uncheck the Protect My Files checkbox. Even still, I'll never trust WMP with my music.Also, there is no reason to try to keep up with the ever growing of music softwares, just to listen to your music. If you use a program that plays your music, and it plays very well, then leave well enough alone. Alot of programs are designed to trick you, (like Windows Media Player), and they will DRM protect your music, and block you from transferring your music from your computer to disc, or where ever else you may want to put your music. Soon, you'll be posting here stating, your music all of a sudden doesn't play, you can't burn anything, your burner doesn't work, the programs you've used before all of a sudden don't work, you can play one file type, and not the other..... and the list goes on and on.Take this advice from someone that knows these computers and will inform you of what you should know about them. Trying to keep up with the Jones' and using the wrong softwares at the same time will get your computer slammed with problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80355/music-library-and-mp3-player/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi right now I am currently on a laptop running Windows XP Professional. I have a computer running Windows XP Professional as well. What I would like to do is allow the laptop to access my music folder on the PC.
Is there any way to do this?
If you want you can IM me.

My aim is GiraffeGoWhack.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101454/network-a-music-library/
Relevancy 56.76%

This is driving me insane I am running WMP on Windows XP Home with Gb of Add Library all Will to WMP11 Not Music memory and an immense amount of free space on my hard drive in case that matters Originally all my music was displayed in the library with all the album art etc However I had WMP11 Will Not Add all Music to Library to re-install Windows and ever since then I have never been able to get WMP to add all the music to the library that was after all there before It adds some folder but not others yet they had all been added before my re-install I have tried the uninstal of WMP Windows Media Format Runtime and Microsoft User-Mode Driver Frameworks Feature Pack and deleted all Media Player Folders etc re-installed WMP and it STILL will not add the files as it did originally If I add the folders individually it will add the mp files to the library but I have hundreds of folders and adding them individually would take forever I have also followed all the suggestions for rebuilding the database again without success Does anyone know what I need to do to get WMP to once again add ALL my music to the library nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I in error set Iturnes as my default and it removed my husbands Music Library in Windows media player and now I cant find all of his music files that he downloaded.   How do I recover this library?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Recovery-of-music-library/td-p/5795292
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently imported almost 3000 mp3 files into WMP and created a playlist with almost 500 songs. This took several hours to do. Now when I open WMP, it's empty! No playlist, no audio files anywhere. Anybody have any ideas?

A:WMP lost my music library!

Did you save the playlist. Logical thing to do if your making a large list. This happened to me a few times with Winzip with a Playlist of about 400 Songs. Luckily i saved my playlist after i add about 10 new songs to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-lost-my-music-library.78907/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have about 2000 songs on Media Monkey, sorted into playlists, and I also have about 150 songs on Amazon Music. There may be a simple way of adding the Amazon tracks to MM, but I just don't see how it is done. I can't drag and drop, so is there another way? Can anyone help, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-music-tracks-from-amazon-music-to-media-monkey.1164973/
Relevancy 56.33%

I didn't know where to stick this thread so I thought I'd Windows problem music media/Msn put it here for the time being I've had this problem for a while and never thought Windows media/Msn music problem anything of it but its starting to bug me now I'm sure users of MSN will know of the function quot What I'm listening to quot where it places what you are listening to in your personal message When I do this however it comes up with the message quot This feature requires Windows Media Player or Later Click OK to download the latest edition etc quot I have done this I have had Windows Media Player for a while and it just suddenly stopped working one day I had it working in conjunction with my iTunes and there seems to be no options within iTunes for the fix of this Unfortunatly due to the long time ago that it happened I cannot remember anything that happened on that day that could of triggered it I have tried re-installing MSN about times now I have enabled the function to let Windows Media Player see MSN and that does not work Any suggestions Thanks for reading

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-msn-music-problem-256263.html
Relevancy 56.33%

In the last two days I ve had one oddball problem after another Frustrations, Frustrations Mozilla-IE - with well I honestly don t know what quot with quot Frustrations, Frustrations - Mozilla-IE for sure It could have been a Cox Cable Internet problem but I have no Cox software installed on my computer It might have been a Windows problem too But it has begun to look like Mozilla may be the main culprit several times the error box saying Frustrations, Frustrations - Mozilla-IE that Frustrations, Frustrations - Mozilla-IE Mozilla has generated errors and is shutting down has brought everything to a halt with the added bugtracking dialogue boxes popping up and I feel as if I ve been let down by a long and trusted friend that s never given me a minute s problem since I first installed it over a year ago I even entrusted it to take care of all my passwords and logins and now it s turned on me Which is all a little scary because when I start taking computer problems personally it s time for me to take a break and go pet the dogs or something Unfortunately I have a load of work assignments with deadlines on Tuesday morning and I can t afford to stop but I need to be online for some parts of my work and I can t stand the idea that I m now back to square one and actually connected to the Internet fulltime using IE only Eeek It s been a long time since IE has been my default browser and it s making me very nervous yes I have firewalls both hardware and software kinds and anti-spyware popup blocking AV all faithfully updated and run every day I don t even know where to start to describe the sudden series of events and errors and freezes and inability to logon to sites I NORMALLY use several times a day with no problems However when I think back on any changes I may have made to my system in the last few days the only NEW things that have been added are MS security patches My system is Win kPro So I guess my question is Has anyone else had problems with Mozilla after installing any of the recent Windows or IE updates patches hotfixes SPs etc Last night I uninstalled Mozilla and installed a newer version but that only made things worse This morning I uninstalled absolutely everything related to Mozilla org then went through my computer and purged it of any tidbit that even LOOKED like it might be part of an old Mozilla or new installation Anyway I ve been sitting here feeling tired and frustrated and disheartened All I want to do is get my work done I m afraid to reinstall Mozilla and start the problems all over again I hate to say this but IE is working great and I ve had no problems accessing anything since I took Mozilla off Which makes me think it was an MS patch of one sort or another that zonked Mozilla Which would make me really mad if that s the cause I don t want to give in to the apparent quot ease quot of using IE Plus I REALLY miss Mozilla taking care of my passwords and login stuff and the nicer IE starts to look the more it scares me Am I being paranoid Should I just stop now and go have a cold beer and commune with the birds on the patio for a while and once again in spite of my most earnest efforts my post is too long is probably in the wrong forum and doesn t make a darned bit of sense I guess whenever my computer makes me feel stupid it s just comforting to come to TSG and cry on someone s shoulder I m better now I should probably make another TSG donation now just to make up for being such a pain in the er well you know And just in case anyone DOES happen to read this it s ok to laugh if you do cause I m starting to get my sense of humor back I m going to go ahead and go chat with the birds for a while and vegg my weary brain then do a fresh install of Mozilla and see how it goes I ll post back an update In the meantime if anyone else has had similar problems maybe this will give them a good place to post it Thanks OLW nbsp

A:Frustrations, Frustrations - Mozilla-IE

I know what you mean about missing Mozilla -- you could use Firefox 0.9.2 which is just the browser without anything else. Thunderbird 0.7.2 is the email client. I like using the two better than Mozilla because it starts up and runs faster (I used to use Mozilla).

As for Windows Updates doing anything to my browsers... not that I can tell. Firefox and Thunderbird are running as they should be. Although Windows Update did take a little longer than expected (sort of stalled). I turned off the software firewall to speed it along (no, I'm not nuts, the router has a firewall as well).

Just my two cents

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frustrations-frustrations-mozilla-ie.251466/
Relevancy 56.33%

hey guys, i have recently been given a laptop, i removed vista and did a clean install of windows 7 ultimate. since then i have made a 30gb partition on the hard drive and have installed windows 8 as a dual boot. i would like to be able to use my music library from the music app within windows 8, is there any way to link the music to the partition so windows 8 can read it from windows 7? (i wasnt sure if this should be eight forums or seven, I have an account here so i decided here.)

thanksw in advance

A:Music library partition links?

If you use Windows Media Player in Windows 7, you can tell it to look for music in a certain location.
Organize-Manage Libraries-Music-Add, and then select the location where your music is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265132-music-library-partition-links.html
Relevancy 56.33%

yea I am trying to make a list of my music library which is setup so that 1 folder=1 album so I am trying to take these 500 folders or whatever and somehow copy just the name of it to something like word, or excel or something...so I can make a list of them to send to other people, print or whatever...I tried to copy and paste them to word, excel, wordpad, notepad, and I just tried to click and drag them to those programs but no luck...and yes I realize I could type them all out but that's a little too much like work... here's an example of how I have this all set up http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=music2mm.jpg

A:Making a list of my music library help

From a command prompt go to the directory where all these folders exist.
Type: dir > list.txt
the list.txt file should have all the directory names for you. It'll also have couple of extra lines you might want to remove for current directory and parent directory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-a-list-of-my-music-library-help.33627/
Relevancy 56.33%

My brother just downloaded a bunch of mp3s into my Music folder in my new laptop. I recently bought a 5.5 gen Video iPod and decided to include all these new songs in it. By dragging and dropping them into the iTunes library, they all went in.

That┤s what I thought! When I saw the Library list, it was much shorter! I tried to manually drag-and-drop specific mp3s that hadn┤t been copied onto the Library list. The Ęplus signĘ icon indicating a file is being included showed up, but the file is not in there.

I have checked the properties in these files and they are the same as others in the Library, why are they not going thru?

Thanks,

Ivo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-including-music-in-library.656311/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I recently did a check for registry errors after upgrading my hard disk and reinstalling Windows 7 and all of my programs. It found over 1000 which are now fixed.

However since doing this I can no longer access my libraries.
I am faced with, in both my Computer and in the start menu where the libraries should be, the name of the library followed by '.library-ms' as well as the blank page icon when you hover over them (please see the attached file).

Some how this file extension has disassociated itself from whatever program it is supposed to open with.

Does anyone know:

a: What program it needs to be associated with,
b: If it is possible to fix and
c: How to fix it.

Any and all help will be appreciated; thank you in advance for your help.

Oli

A:Libraries do not work. I just see music.library-ms.

Anyone? I need help with this.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/73204-libraries-do-not-work-i-just-see-music-library-ms.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Windows 8 metro Music app just does not display my music.

As you can see, my music folder is included in the music library:
but yet the Music app only recognizes two songs out of 1000+ that I own
Windows media player, the desktop app, is working fine.
I've tried to restart the metro app several times, in vain.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/25920-music-app-doesnt-display-my-library.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Help anybody? My operating system is Windows 10 and I am using the latest iTunes version, 12.3.2; the problem I've encountered is that with some CDs, when I download them into iTunes and call up the downloaded file, only one or two of the tracks are shown in black whilst the rest are greyed out. This doesn't prevent the greyed out tracks being played in iTunes, but if I try and burn those tracks to make a compilation CD, they wont burn. There is no such problem with the tracks shown in black (on the same CD). I've tried re-downloading the CD, but it makes no difference. Any ideas how to resolve this problem gratefully received.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-music-in-itunes-library-to-cd.1166766/
Relevancy 56.33%

I got a ZUNE MP3 player as a gift and I installed the software to download music. Something I am wondering is if the ZUNE software installed in my PC takes control of all the music I have already stored. Some of this music I got as an-mail attachment and now since I got this ZUNE software it seems i can not use it anymore lets say to burn a cd. Can someone explain me why ? Is Zune always to be in control of my music library in Windows Media Player or other players like REAL ?

Thank you for your insights,

Oniro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-zune-controlling-my-music-library.646303/