Windows Support Forum

some UI broken after updating graphics driver

Q: some UI broken after updating graphics driver

Hi, i have this problem for a while now and what i do is just uninstall the latest driver. but now, i need to have to latest drivers to play a certain game smoothly. i tried installing the omega version of my driver then i always have BSOD atikmpag.sys when i boot my laptop so i tried the beta drivers now when i log off i only see the loading circle and the shutting down text is missing. similar to when i start the lockscreen background, clock and the notifs are missing it only shows the theme color i chose and the buttons you see at the bottom right part when entering your password.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: some UI broken after updating graphics driver

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: some UI broken after updating graphics driver

Make/model of laptop would help. Some laptops can not use generic drivers from the graphics manufacturer, they must use the drivers from from the laptop manufacturer.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/60082-some-ui-broken-after-updating-graphics-driver.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am currently reading the tutorial on updating drivers and I did the checking to find out what my version was. I have an Intel® 82865G graphics controller with version 6.14.10.4396When I went to the Intel site to check if mine was the newest version I found a graphic version chart and in it it shows the 82865 card. Reading down the list of these particular cards it shows versions up to 14.17. Do I understand correctly that I should update to one of the higher versions? I want to make sure I am doing the right thing.Intel graphicsThanks!

A:Updating Graphics Driver?

Hi There thewall and welcome to BC! Your graphics driver is probably the most important driver on your system to keep updated since the updates tend to correct many problems encountered as new incompatibilites are discovered. I have an ATI PCI-e X1600 Pro which I bought in February. They have already had 4 updates! Most of the updates fix issues that were discovered when someone was playing a high-end graphic game and the system crashed. Many of these updates correct these problems.So it's important that you update to the latest.Here's your driver for your system.For Windows XP - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_res...mp;submit=Go%21If you have any problems with it, you can always roll back.Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99203/updating-graphics-driver/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, I have been frantically trying to update my Intel 4600 graphics driver for many months now and it has not worked. There is a currently a problem with my graphics driver (it does not allow me to play any of my pc games, they crash as I start them up) and I have been recomended by various to people to update my graphics driver. I have tried using Intel's website to update my driver, but since it was modified by the the manufacturor it would not work. The HP support for my computer for driver and software downloads has not worked either- I get erroer 259-, as the version it is trying to download and install is a version lower than what I currently have installed (Version 10.18.10.3621). I do not know what to do at this point as I have searched hard for a version higher than what I have installed.

A:Graphics driver not updating

Hi: See if David's solution at the link below works for you too... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-vdeo-drivers-are-way-out-of-da...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Graphics-driver-not-updating/td-p/5673204
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi there!

Very sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but i'm hoping somebody can help with a problem i seem to be having while trying to update/upgrade my graphics driver.

I recently downloaded the game Smite, and during installation it recommended that i downloaded and installed "Intel? Graphics Media Accelerator Driver" because my graphics are a bit naff. I downloaded and got half way through the setup when the window just disappears. I'm not sure what else i can do (other than buying a new PC) to help my FPS issues, so i assume this is the fix for now, but i just can't seem to get the setup complete.

I'm downloading directly from Intel's site, and following the instructions, but like i said, the window just disappears.

If anybody is able to offer a suggestion to get around this, i'd very much appreciate it.
Thank you!

A:Updating graphics driver

If I understand you correctly you are down loading games and drivers with out a anti virus program installed.
Is that correct?

From you System Specs.

Antivirus None
Browser Mozilla Firefox

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/287109-updating-graphics-driver.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am currently running the Intel Graphics Driver version 10.18.10.3958 which seems to work OK,  At some stage I downloaded an update, 10.18.15.4248 which supposedly supports Windows 10.  This driver creates havoc with the brightness - in particular the brightness controls are reversed.  Even though I have tried deleting this driver through the device manager including selecting the option to remove the software it keeps coming back.  For no apparent reason the screen wil turn black for a second or two and lo and behold the 4248 driver has reloaded and agsin I have to try rolling back the driver or 'deleting' it.  How can I get rid of it completely?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-driver-keeps-updating/td-p/5699196
Relevancy 67.51%

I've downloaded latest Intel VGA driver for Travel mate 4740 from Acer site. I unzipped it and started setup. It shows Intel Turbo Boost technology driver setup. I've downloaded correct files. I downloaded 2 times but it starts setup of Turbo boost driver.

A:Intel HD Graphics driver not updating

Hi mitparmar Try using the Intel update manager this will scan your system and download the correct driver for your laptop Intel? Driver Update Utility

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/197006-intel-hd-graphics-driver-not-updating.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Yes i read the stickied thread it did not seem to help answer my questions haha.
Recently google chrome updated to 13 and adobe flash 10.3 ever since then iv'e been having trouble playing flash based content in google chrome. It plays, and games work, but they get very low fps (it did not do this before the update) I read somewhere it could be an intel driver related problem for those using internet explorer 9, but i still have internet explorer 8 nor do i even open it or use it regularly.

& come to think of it, ever since i got this computer its felt laggy, everything i do on it.. i know it isn't the monitor. I can supply more info if questions are asked.

Here is a screenshot of graphics / driver info

A:Help updating intel graphics driver

Try the Intel updater.
Intel? Driver Update Utility

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/179648-help-updating-intel-graphics-driver.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows About a week ago my monitor started randomly going black when I would browse the internet play games work in photoshop or even open some pictures It didn't seem to log driver graphics BSOD updating after me out and it didn't shut BSOD after updating graphics driver down either so I thought it must be a display monitor problem It was completely unresponsive so I restarted and updated the graphics driver AMD Radeon R M X to and the black monitor problem disappeared but a few minutes after logging in I got a bluescreen like this I checked the temperature with Coretemp and it seemed fine around but still I used a fan to clean up the side and bottom fans in case it was due to dust and that changed nothing nothing much Temperature decreased very slightly to around - Can't be from overheating though because I faced that problem countless times and it's very obvious when that's the cause as the whole laptop will be hot as soon as I start up a game or a more demanding software This was fine in terms of temperature even when starting games I got the blue screen a few more times within - minutes after cleaning and then it stopped for a day or so Now I got it again twice over a few minutes after logging on and having nothing running aside from Hearthstone It's most definitely due to the driver update but then if I use system restore or uninstall and go back to my older version I will face my other problem with the monitor I'm stuck here don't know what to do

A:BSOD after updating graphics driver

Hi,

I moved your thread to the relevant forum.

Please follow our Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-updating-graphics-driver-1090034.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I driver updating Graphics after Problems UMA AMD don't know if I should post this in this forum or in performance and maintenance I have an HP Pavilion P - with an AMD A - APU and an AMD Radeon HD D GPU My PC originally came with Windows upgraded to Windows pro through a free upgrade offer and then updated to through the window's store I updated my AMD UMA Problems after updating AMD UMA Graphics driver Graphics driver through HP Support Assistant Problems after updating AMD UMA Graphics driver to version Bp My PC ran fine for a couple days after the update All of the sudden most of my programs will stop working within a Problems after updating AMD UMA Graphics driver minute of opening them especially Internet Explorer I did a system restore back to right before the update and that seemed to correct the issue I tried to update the graphics driver again an I am running into the same issues I had a similar issue back in September when I attempted to update the AMD Catalyst Control software most programs would just stop within a minute but haven't had any issues after installing until now Any suggestions to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated

A:Problems after updating AMD UMA Graphics driver

I also failed to note that I checked HP's support website for drivers on my PC and the only graphics driver they have is Version8.982.7.0 Rev. A from 10/23/2012 for Windows 8 which is the current driver that I have. This is not the version that is showing in the HP Support Assistant. HP's support website has no drivers for Windows 8.1. Hope this additional information helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/38898-problems-after-updating-amd-uma-graphics-driver.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey its Razor1352, I've been updating my graphics driver (Nvidia GeForce 9300M GS) and it's the correct version and after a while of the installation my screen turns black. Help me please?!?!?! I want to play minecraft with my friends.

My Computer:
Windows 7 Professional x32
Nvidia GeForce 9300M GS
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz 2.13GHz
Ram: 3.00 GB

A:Black Screen after updating graphics driver

try boot to safe mode, and roll back the driver installation

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/249473-black-screen-after-updating-graphics-driver.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Radeon HD windows bit I have been experiencing a crash in the game Minecraft when I play with the 'fancy' graphics Tried now card opengl is driver, broken graphics update to setting I wanted to try to fix this and someone suggested I update my graphics card driver I went to the site for downloading Radeon standalone drivers and downloaded the installer quot - vista win dd exe quot and ran the Tried to update graphics card driver, now opengl is broken installer It blue-screened halfway through and my computer rebooted The display driver was borked so I tried downloading the full Catalyst installer next quot - vista win dd ccc ocl exe quot and ran that exe It extracted to my C drive but never continued the installation SO I navigated to the folder on C that it had extracted to and tried running quot Setup exe quot there I got this Error quot C ATI Support - vista win dd ccc ocl Setup exe has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect quot So then Tried to update graphics card driver, now opengl is broken I followed the instructions to completely remove the ATI drivers and restarted but the Setup exe in the exe installer still didn't run still gave the same quot Tried to update graphics card driver, now opengl is broken side-by-side quot configuration error I emailed AMD's tech support they just said quot use the old drivers maybe there will be a new driver next week quot REAL helpful so I dug out my old graphics card instal cd and ran the old installer Which worked EXCEPT now when I try to run Minecraft it says it can't quot find an Opengl accelerated card quot or something So reverting to the old driver works except for Opengl which I need to play Minecraft which was the whole point of running the updater in the first place TL DR So basically I tried to update my driver and it completely broke Opengl Any ideas on what I can do to get OpenGL working again I tried titaniumgl tk it mangled Minecrafts graphics into garbage so that doesn't work I can't even try to run the ATI installer again because it always says quot side-by-side configuration quot error Any advice on what I can do

A:Tried to update graphics card driver, now opengl is broken

You can try removing the drivers by booting up in safe mode and running Driver Sweeper to remove the AMD graphics drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/169923-tried-update-graphics-card-driver-now-opengl-broken.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I have been getting these errors in Event Viewer intermittently every - weeks since upgrading to Windows fails updating. in running Intel Graphics driver and in October I have an HP m - specifications linked I had to get rid of my last computer because of constant BSODs because I changed out the graphics drivers so often That's why I'm reluctant to do it again A friend advised me to do it only if there's a problem otherwise leave them alone If I do update them he said it's best to go through the computer manufacturer Last time when my computer failed I installed drivers from AMD so I have been avoiding theirs and Intel's websites With this system that I've had since May of last year I haven't been able to update the integrated Intel HD Graphics with this Windows driver or this Windows driver Each time I tried I got an error that my computer does not meet the necessary specifications Therefore I left it alone and the only driver installs recorded in Device Manager for it are from when I bought the system in May and the Intel Graphics driver fails in running and updating. update in October The Radeon driver is from and came with my computer According to Device Manager it reconfigured or reinstalled for but the driver version has not changed I have not had any major issues with gaming performance I Intel Graphics driver fails in running and updating. tested Far Cry which runs great I recently installed the game Papers Please After constant crashes on startup I contacted support who advised me to change the AMD switchable graphics options for the game to High Performance After that it runs fine That leads me to think that there is an issue with the Intel driver but after many searches of their forums it appears that they are of little help I'm wondering if this is an issue that it worth fixing at all Code Log Name Application Source Application Error Date - - PM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer My-PC Description Faulting application name MMLoadDrvPXDiscrete exe version time stamp x a Faulting module name atiumdag dll unloaded version time stamp x e Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cf c e Faulting application path C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MMLoadDrvPXDiscrete exe Faulting module path atiumdag dll Report Id a b- b- e -beea- a c c Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt My-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt MMLoadDrvPXDiscrete exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt a lt Data gt lt Data gt atiumdag dll unloaded lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt cf c e lt Data gt lt Data gt C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MMLoadDrvPXDiscrete exe lt Data gt lt Data gt atiumdag dll lt Data gt lt Data gt a b- b- e -beea- a c c lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Thanks in advance for any help

A:Intel Graphics driver fails in running and updating.

About your only hope when it comes to updated drivers for Intel/AMD switchable laptops is leshcatlabs.net. The manufactures are very bad at providing updates. The trick is the Intel driver which also has to be coded for switchable systems. It has to be updated to accept newer AMD drivers. The old Catch-22.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/39898-intel-graphics-driver-fails-running-updating.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi

Recently bought a Lenovo A740 wich I thought had the Nvidia GTX graphic card. When trying to update the driver it cannot be found. I also have a "unrecognized 3D unit" on PCI slot 4.  How can I check if I even have the card? Its a model F0AM00A1MT-G

Matias...

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Lenovo-A740-Problem-updating-graphics-driver/td-p/3452024
Relevancy 65.79%

I've had my Travel Mate since 2013.  It has served me well, but Iam doing some things where improved graphics would be nice.  The latest driver for the HD 4000 on the Acer site is dated 2013 (three years ago). The Intel site has drivers dated 2016, but it also says the Acer has customized the driver and that downloading a generic driver could lead to "Technical Issues."  I'm really wanting to know if downloaded a more updated driver would in fact really hurt my computer?  I also want to know WHEN Acer is going to start offereing updated drives for their older models to improve their performance.

A:Updating B-113M's Intel HD 4000 Graphics driver

If they haven't updated the driver since 2013, this probably means Acer doesn't think the driver needs improvement. I would install the new driver, and worst case scenario, you can uninstall it later.

If I solved your problem, please click "accept as solution." If you found my post helpful, please click Kudos. it only takes a second, and I would really appreciate it! Thanks!-PMiner

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Updating-B-113M-s-Intel-HD-4000-Graphics-driver/td-p/458828
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, recently I've downloaded a game and whenever I get on it tells me my driver for my graphics card (Intel HD 4000) isn't updated. Then the game starts crashing. I realized the driver for graphics that HP gives is from 2013 and Intel has a much more recent driver from 2015. What I was wondering is if it is safe to remove and uninstall the HP driver and install the driver from Intel. Also, how exactly would I go about doing it? By uninstalling it from device manager then installing the Intel version? Thanks a lot in advance

A:Updating Graphics Driver for Intel HD 4000 in HP EliteBook 2...

Hi, You can use the following method to update the Intel Graphics driver. First, download the latest Intel HD4000 driver for your notebook from the link below and save it to your Downloads folder - you need the fourth option ( ie win64_153343.4425.zip ).  Note:  If you wish to install a different driver version from Intel, the method is still the same. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8... When done, download and install the .64bit version of 7-Zip on the link below. http://www.7-zip.org/ When you've installed 7-Zip, open your Downloads folder, right click on the win64_153343.4425.zip package, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok. Cut this newly extracted folder and paste it on your Desktop so it's easy to find. When done, hold down the Windows key and press R Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. In Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right click the Intel 4000 device and select 'Update Driver Software'. In the following window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'. In the next window, click the 'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted Intel win64_153343.4425 folder you pasted on your Desktop. Browse into the sub-folder Graphics, left click on the file igdlh64.INF to highlight it and then click Open. Click on 'Ok' and then click 'Next' and wait for the driver to install. When done, click 'Close' and then click 'Yes' to restart the notebook. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Updating-Graphics-Driver-for-Intel-HD-4000-in-HP-EliteBook/td-p/5667171
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

It's vital that I don't let Windows update my Nvidia graphics driver as the current versions cause serious problems with the video editing application that I use.

I have Update set up to notify me but not automatically install updates. Is there any way to permanently remove this particular update from the list or do I just have to remember to keep unchecking it's box?

I know I can right-click and hide the update but I'm worried it will still install even though it no longer appears in the list. Also, if this is the way to do it will I still have to watch out for newer versions popping up in the list?

A:Can I permanently stop Windows from updating my graphics driver?

if you right-click on the update, and select Hide, it won't be offered again until it's updated.
Alternatively switch OFF the Givie me Recommended updates the same as important' setting in the WU options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/269247-can-i-permanently-stop-windows-updating-my-graphics-driver.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Ok i i have a Vision Tek Xtasy 9200, and i just upgraded its drivers to the most recent Windows 2K/XP Display Driver 8.072 Cat 4.11 , so i play BF1942 and as i look at the models at a distance they look funny/screwed up. they look transparent, with dots over some of the planes and blocky blotchs on the tanks.

all i did was install the drivers and thats it. help would be very appriciated

A:Problems with BF 1942's graphics after ne driver/updating drivers

video

Maybe your download messed up or maybe it's a bad driver. You could try another driver, be it your old one, or a newer one, or a beta one, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-bf-1942s-graphics-after-ne-driver-updating-drivers.21647/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi! Recently did a clean install for my cousin's laptop and it always ended up with a BSOD after updating the graphics driver.

Attached the zipped file from DM Log Collector.
ADRIAN-PC-Tue_28_06_2016_134707_30.zip

A:BSOD after updating graphics driver, error 0x00000116

Hi Rishelle,

How was the driver update installed? Through the driver update program Driver Easy?
If so it is recommended to revert it back and remove all installed drivers from it, such programs are not necessary as the laptop manufacturer provides all drivers required.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/397875-bsod-after-updating-graphics-driver-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm a bit worried basically I was updating Intel graphics driver and while it was updating the screen went black for a couple of seconds then the screen was back to normal. I'm using a windows 7 laptop

A:While updating Graphics driver is the screen suppose to turn black?

Yes it is normal. What is happening is the old driver is being uninstalled before the new, and the brief black screen is the time between that happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/286417-while-updating-graphics-driver-screen-suppose-turn-black.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I uninstalled the stock graphics driver and installed a new beta version from the Intel website on my Yoga 900S. After a few hours or days of operation my Yoga automatically reinstalls the original old version again. How can I stop the Yoga from automatically downgrading drivers?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Stop-Yoga-900S-from-updating-graphics-driver-automatically/td-p/3332683
Relevancy 65.36%

Alright story time This computer had a blue screen problem ever since got this computer from a friend years ago Sometimes it blue screens or times a day or it blue screens nvidia me from driver Preventing graphics BSOD 0x124 updating or times a week even though my schedule is relatively the same Gaming Youtube etc - hours a day It hasn't been much of a issue so I just dealt with it A couple days ago I decided I would BSOD 0x124 Preventing me from updating nvidia graphics driver try to fix it by updating drivers and such that BSOD 0x124 Preventing me from updating nvidia graphics driver I have neglected due to random blue screens I used Driver Booster to make it easier and about halfway through updating the drivers I got a blue screen When I rebooted my graphics driver just disappeared my computer reverted back to the basic graphics driver When I try to install a new driver I blue screen relatively in the same spot I have a nvidia graphics card so I have tried using Geforce Experience I downloaded the driver from their website and I also used a driver disc but no luck I have updated the driver in the past it just took me a while and a lot of blue screens before finally getting through it My computer won't write any dmp after a bluescreen so I don't have a recent one The latest one I have is from May th but like I said I have had this problem ever since I got this computer and the blue screen error is x so hopefully those can still help I have used BlueScreenView and again of my blue screens are caused by ntoskrnl exe if that is any help I have tried a countless number of things these past couple days running Google into the ground so now I turn to you guys Lastly my specs Intel Pentium D MHz Nvidia Geforce GTX Sticks of GB RAM ASUS EMERY Motherboard not sure about this one x GB ATA hard drives Windows Ultimate bit Please let me know if I missed anything and thanks in advance

A:BSOD 0x124 Preventing me from updating nvidia graphics driver

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!
Hmm, this sounds like a failing GPU or HDD.

Run Furmark, if the temps goes too high stop the test.

Run SeaTools SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377818-bsod-0x124-preventing-me-updating-nvidia-graphics-driver.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi everyone,

Ive not long had this laptop and whenever I install the AMD Catalyst software onto it so I can use the AMD graphics I receive a BCOD stating internal power error followed by continuous restarts with the same error message before it system restores to a time before the driver install. This is with Windows 8.1 as I have not switched to Windows 10 as of yet.

I have tried to instal the latest drivers about 4 times now but the same thing happens again and again. As soon as the software installs and the laptop restarts for the changes to take place, the internal power error starts. Does anyone know how to fix this or should I take the laptop back under warranty?

A:Qosmio X70-B-10T - Internal power error after updating graphics driver

I know the internal power fault but only in connection with the Windows 10

It was already discussed in this thread
https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83849

The issue was related to the AMD graphic driver and Windows system and this was solved by Windows update.
If you get the BSOD installing the AMD drive, then the current driver could not be fully compatible with your Win 8.1 system.

Also the missing system update might be caused this… so ensure that your Win 8.1 OS is already up to date and use the AMD drive released by Toshiba.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84285-Qosmio-X70-B-10T-Internal-power-error-after-updating-graphics-driver
Relevancy 64.5%

I recently had an issue, whereby my computer would no longer startup for unknown reasons. In order to fix this, i found a windows 7 cd (previously windows 8) and installed it. It was all going well until i attempted to update my graphics card driver. Each time i do so, i get as far as the windows logo on startup, the computer somewhat reboots, and it goes straight to a black screen with only my mouse visible. Every time, i have to go into safe mode, uninstall the driver, and carry on without. My graphics card doesn't appear in the 'windows experience index' under either 'graphics' or 'gaming graphics'. Any help would make me a very happy boy, thanks!

A:updating Graphics card driver results in black screen after start up

Have you tried waiting for at least 5 minutes before everything gets back up running? It also happens to me everytime I update something and restarts and everything gets ready up on a minute.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/363305-updating-graphics-card-driver-results-black-screen-after-start-up.html
Relevancy 55.04%

After I updated my Windows x Lenovo y p PC to Windows from the app store and updated and repaired all possible apps from the store there's apps that appear without images Microsoft Camera Microsoft WindowsLive ModernPhotos Microsoft Bing Microsoft WindowsLive Chat Microsoft MicrosoftSkydrive that when I try to run them I get the message quot This app can't open quot and it asks me to check the Store for a fix When I click the button to do that the Store opens and I get the message quot There's a problem with the app you're trying to run and it can't be repaired by Windows Store quot I'm guessing these are the old apps from Windows that are no longer supported on Windows since I also have separate working Photos Camera and Skydrive metro apps The only exception is that when I run the broken chat app the Store app offers to repair the Mail Calendar and Peoples app but that does not remove the broken chat app How do I get rid of these apps since I can't uninstall them from then normal uninstall menu Here's what there apps look like Photo Album - Imgur

A:Broken apps after updating to W8.1?

See if this helps:

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter - Fix Apps in Windows 8

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/33127-broken-apps-after-updating-w8-1-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

HP DV6 6121tx
AMD HD6770M
Windows 7 64bit

I just reinstalled Windows and I want to update my graphics drivers to the latest ones (13.1). I'm runnning Dynamic mode.
So at first I installed the latest HP provided AMD Display drivers from HP's website
AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx Entertainment Notebook PC | HP? Support

Now I thought I'm supposed to install any new versions of HP drivers *over* this since this HP one contained drivers essential for dynamic switching. But if I run the 13.1 installer and view the log, it skips over the display driver part and just updates AMD install manager and some other useless components.

How do I install 13.1 without messing up dynamic switchable graphics?

A:Updating graphics drivers on switchable graphics

Unless HP decides to release an updated driver, you're basically stuck with what you have. As you found out the driver from AMD won't install. That is because it doesn't include/support the switchable graphics.

Now with that said there is this modded set,

Leshcat

that includes both the latest AMD and Intel driver, and is modded to work with most laptops with that combination.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/279114-updating-graphics-drivers-switchable-graphics.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Updated this morning from windows 8 pro to 8.1 right of the bat I noticed that all my downloaded apps have an x in corner. Cant reinstall any apps because Store wont open. Charm bar comes up but but cant access pc settings. It would seem that 8.1 broke my start screen. Howto reinstall 8.1? seems my installations is corrupt.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/33073-sadly-updating-has-broken-my-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My TSG SysInfo is in my profile More detailed CPU-Z validation can be found at http valid canardpc com s v I also uploaded the CPU-Z info in a text file As you can see in the validation info I have a mini-WiFi card inside my computer system that maxes out at n speeds This is pretty good but I have a NetGear R Router Firmware Version V which maxes out at ac speeds So I also have NetGear A WiFi USB Adapters to let me connect to the router at max speeds I read an article about keeping everything up to date to the latest versions for WiFi Drivers Updating After Broken Solved: not only performance but security purposes So I got Solved: WiFi Broken After Updating Drivers on the Dell website and used their SysInfo utility to determine what my system has and therefore what to update It quot recognized quot several WiFi cards and Solved: WiFi Broken After Updating Drivers downloaded and installed drivers for all of them It also quot recognized quot several other drivers it thought should be downloaded and installed including USB hubs and such So now I have a dozen or so drivers on my system which I can t figure out whether they re supposed to really be there or not Also the Solved: WiFi Broken After Updating Drivers BIOS was updated from version A to its current version A After doing that quot upgrade quot all sorts of screwy things started happening including the computer being unable to connect to my A WiFi USB Adapter After struggling with it for a long time I finally gave up and decided to rely on the internal WiFi card Unfortunately even it is screwy - it will drop its connection to the router or simply reduce its connection strength at various times of the day or night I ve double-checked whether it s the router or some sort of interference but it s not - other devices connect and stay connected just fine like they have all along I ve used the NetGear Genie app the Fing app and others on my Android-based Nexus smartphone to verify that the signal from the router remains strong stable and fast So I d like help please with getting the WiFi on this computer stabilized again - preferably to the point where I can use my A WiFi USB Adapter again but at least to the point where the internal WiFi card doesn t drop the connection Other screwy things have been happening on the computer as well For example I have had XBMC Stable Release Gotham running on this computer for years with no problem Now after the myriad driver quot upgrades quot from Dell it behaves very flakey For example though it s not supposed to now it will completely shut down back to the desktop after playing a video file One other thing - in an attempt to fix things on my own I installed several of e-support com s utilities including Driver Agent and Registry Wizard I ve used them to try to get the drivers fixed to no avail nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me I ve recieved a interactive multimedia DVD from the Open University for a course I m about to start As far as I can tell it opens it s own program but it needs Quicktime and Adobe Flash to run it The program opens fine but then graphics and videos within it are broken only half displayed or not displayed at all videos freeze or won t play etc I ve contacted the OU tech support Broken DVD graphics but have had no look in fixing the problem I use vista bit home edition To date I have updated graphics drivers completely unistalled and reinstalled new copies of quicktime and adobe several times Set the program to run as compatable with Windows XP Broken DVD graphics SP and as administrater Checked there are no other programs using up large amounts of my CPU changed graphics card and drivers installed a vista codecs package ran DirectX diagnostic tool and finally as a last attempt I have formatted my c drive and done a reinstalled windows None of the above seem to have made Broken DVD graphics any difference to the broken graphics I know it s not just a faulty DVD as I ve tried two I realise I probably won t be able to get any help as I can t tell you what the program it runs is but even if anyone could suggest what could have caused this problem that wouldn t be fixed by changing the graphics card or formatting reinstalling windows that would be really helpful as my course relies on this DVD working nbsp

A:Broken DVD graphics

THis is not an issue of program, so you will get an answer. I believe it's an issue of Codex..

Search around for 'Vista Sound Codex Pack'. It will install more potential problems, take note. However, it will fix most and put you into a position to 'work around ' problems, instead of setteling for them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-dvd-graphics.790748/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I went into my device manager to see which devices need to be updated. I then went and clicked update "Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter" - then as seen in the below photograph, a Windows error popped up and said "Windows can't verify this driver software". Can anyone tell me what is going on here? Could this be a zombie driver or is it safe to continue the update? Thanks.

A:Updating Driver: Windows cannot verify driver

Hi,

Are you running any Virtualization software (Virtuabox, XP Mode)?

If so then that would explain the Virtual WIFI Adapter. Also, as you're running X64 then some drivers will produce this message as it's part of the X64 system to alert of any X86 drivers that may be installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/203393-updating-driver-windows-cannot-verify-driver.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Some games i play have started to stutter or crash completely so im thinking i need to update my graphics Ive tried this before but never was able to get anything to install I know nothing about updating graphics so please bear with me I think my graphics are embedded or integrated or some thing like that not even that sure how to find out its a notebook Here are some specs i could find Graphics Software Driver Packaging Version - a- C-Acer Provider ATI Technologies Inc D Driver Version D Driver File Path REGISTRY MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Control CLASS D E -E - CE-BFC - BE Direct D Version OpenGL Version Catalyst Control Center Version Graphics Hardware Primary Adapter Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by ATI Graphics Chipset ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Device ID Vendor updating Help please graphics Subsystem ID Subsystem Vendor ID Graphics Bus Capability PCI Express Maximum Bus Setting PCI Express x BIOS Version BIOS Part Number BR BIOS Date Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Core Clock in MHz MHz Memory Clock in MHz MHz Total Memory Bandwidth in GByte s GByte s Display adapters ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mobile Intel R Series Axpress Chipset Family Ive checked on acers website but there latest version is this one Any help much appreciated

A:Help updating graphics please

hey matey ive had loads of problems in the past with the catalyst c c . have you tried getting rid . also amd's home site have the drivers including the legacy ones

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/128559-help-updating-graphics-please.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys I'm in a pretty bad situation right now. My graphics card has died on the computer I share with my brother. It seems to work fine until I run a game that uses graphics. I've tried plugging it out, and plugging it back in and cleaning the dust, updating graphics driver, etc but it's not working out.

http://i.imgur.com/WfZzrk9.png

or

it will just freeze and little random objects pop up on the screen and the monitor dies (but the computer is still running).

Thank you so much to whoever that can help me fix this

my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2 GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
motherboard = MSI Z87-G45 ATX Pro Gaming Motherboard (SLI Support)

A:graphics card broken please help

What brand card and can you RMA it? Does it it work in safemode? You should get furmark and see what it says your temps are when running the basic test. Sounds like your card needs whats called reflowed. You only want to attempt this if you have no other options as it requires you to take off the heatsink and bake your card.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflow_soldering
Save a Dying Video Card with a Quick Bake in the Oven

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/383090-graphics-card-broken-please-help.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an ati radeon hd 3650,

The fan started making a VERY loud ticking type of noise, it's driving me nuts. I tried cleaning it, no help.

Where could I get a new fan or do I need a new graphics card? If I do need, where can I buy one? Preferrably online.
I don't want to mess with the drivers so I want the same card...

Thanks in advance!

A:Graphics card's fan seems broken

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6624669&CatId=4027

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-cards-fan-seems-broken.1014726/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi for about 2 weeks ago i replaced my cpu fan with a salman for better cooling so i had to unplug my grafic card so nothing would happen to it and now when i plugged it in again my monitor is all black and the fan on the card goes on 100% or something like that. im using a ati 1550 now so i can get a vision on the monitor. please help me

Best reguards Alex

A:Broken graphics card?

try uninstalling current driver, installing the card, and botting up. if it works install the most recent driver.

other than that i don't see why a new cpu fan would disturb how your gfx card operates. post ur computer specs to us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-graphics-card.153341/
Relevancy 49.45%

I was playing total war shogun 2 on windows 7. Diagonal lines started shooting out of the characters, square block patterns start flashing all over the place. The graphics got progressevley worse and worse so i took in. They tested the graphics card and it was fine so they restarted the computer and then windows crashed. They reinstalled windows 7 and i started putting everything back together.

I just put total war back on my computer and started playing and its started again. I restarted my computer and all that came back was a blinking undersscore. Luckily i shutdown and it started normally but the graphics are still messed up.

Any help would be great.

A:Windows 7 graphics broken

Take out the graphics card and use integrated graphics if you have it.

See if the problems presents then.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-graphics-broken.1055088/
Relevancy 49.45%

so I was just running a pretty graphics intensive program and it crashed. Now my graphics look like this and I can't fix it. anyone know what to do? im running 64 bit windows 7. thanks!

A:Broken graphics problem

This happened because the resolution didn't change when the program crashed.

Go to desktop rich click and click on Screen Resolution: there choose any resolution you like and color depth 32 bpp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-graphics-problem.1087614/
Relevancy 49.45%

Not long before christmas i bought a sapphire radeon 9600xt from Novatech.co.uk. When i fitted the card and booted the computer, the graphics were corrupted, the white text was a bit mangled and the windows logo had green lines through it. After i logged on, the pc looked fine, but whenever i install the drivers most of windows is all purple and glitchy looking, and games are unplayable because the entire screen is covered in purple artifacts. Is this card broken or is there some sort of problem with my system?

My system specs are:
athlonxp 2400+
FIC am39l motherboard
Geforce FX5700le (current graphics card)
Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit edition
512MB RAM

Relevancy 49.45%

So I bought myself a new case the other day but when I was done putting in my graphics card, I booted my PC but I didnt get an signal and I have'nt done nothing wrong.

I have nVidia geforce gtx 550 Ti

A:Graphics card broken

Did you connect the 6 pin PCI-E connector from the PSU to the GPU card? Have you tried to remove the GPU and re-seat it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-broken.208307/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys,

I recently got home from a 2 week holiday, powered my pc on...everything was fine. However the next day my monitors both have no signal (I have a dual split screen setup). The PC seems to be working fine, I can hear the Windows startup chime but no signal to either screen, no bios or anything. Monitors just blinking with no signal. Is my GPU broken? It was a top of the line Radeon GPU a couple years ago. I would like to hear your opinions before I splash the cash on another high end GPU.

Cheers

A:Is my graphics card broken?

First things to check are the cable connections - reseat them and see if there is a change. Other possibility is bad cables, but unlikely both would fail at the same time. Reseat the card, try in different PCIe slot, make sure it's getting adequate power.

Is the card still under warranty? Depending on the manufacturer you might catch a break and have had like a 3 year warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-graphics-card-broken.184480/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys, just got a quick question

Is a broken graphics card enough to make a computer turn itself off right after being turned on with no other hardware interaction?

A:Broken Graphics Card

It's possible. Yes. Depends on the nature of the malfunction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/51330-broken-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello there. My computers been acting up, slowing down and such, for a good couple months. However for the past couple days its been shutting down on me after 10 minutes (tops) of being powered on. I think its the graphics card.

I have an ATI Radeon (a newer one, only a couple months older than my computer issues) and i just logged on to my computer and figured i'd look at the control center. I had overdrive on and so i shut that off, hoping it would help the tempurature, and no, to my disdane i watched as the graphics card tempurature skyrocketed from 70 c to over 110c and eventually the computer just shut off (not long after)

Can anyone help me out? Is there a driver i could get or something to prevent this overheating?
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

A:Broken Graphics card?

Make sure the fan on the card is actually running.
Make sure your power supply has enough power
to run the card and the rest of the components
in the computer.
Make sure there is adequate cooling in the case.

Might try ATI tool to setup a fan profile and increase the fan speed.
Many cards ship with the fan speed set low.
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Tweaking/ATITool/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-graphics-card.855764/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Techspot Yesterday my friend sent me a link to a photo on MSN which was actually a virus Its one of those messenger bug things that sends itself to other people Although through research many people Is Card Graphics Broken? my said it was harmless and following the virus removal steps on this site I downloaded Malware bytes who promptly found and deleted the infected files Anyway recently my display has been acting up Its been freezing games projecting empty pixels over my screen and just generally being broken My Graphics card is years old GT Is my Graphics Card Broken? and heavily used i m wondering if it s finally given up or if that virus I got has upset it or if something else is at fault I have just recently downloaded all new graphics drivers but that has not done anything So the question is How can I tell if its my a physical problem with my graphics card or something more sinister software related Thank You NZvista PS Have been getting Windows errors such as quot Video Hardware Error quot Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID BCCode BCP C BCP FF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product EDIT One of the major things that happens is I get a yellow error triangle bottom right in the task bar which was a pop up saying A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly And then goes on to say its successfully restarted nbsp

A:Is my Graphics Card Broken?

Bump,

Neeeeeeeed help. I reformatted my computer and its still playing up. The 3d games get coloured squares all through them, im so lost as to what to do.

Thankyou

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-graphics-card-broken.139915/
Relevancy 49.45%

?????? ????.??????? Hp 4730s ?? ??? 7,??? ?????????? intel hd3000 ? amd 7470m,amd ?? ???????? ??????? ?? ???? ?? ????? ???????,????? ????????? ???? ???????????? ?????????? ?????? ??????? ? ????? ?????? ????? ? ???????? ????????.?????? ????? ?????????? ????? ????? ??? ???? ???????? ?? intel.?????????? ? ??? ?????????

Solved!
View Solution.

A:The Graphics Card Is Broken/Не работает видеокарта

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Frum dos usurios HP
Chinese: ??????????
Korean: HP ??????
Thank you for your understanding

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/The-Graphics-Card-Is-Broken-%D0%9D%D0%B5-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%B5%D1%82-%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B0/td-p/5809401
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys Im having some serious card graphics Broken issues with my graphic card and i was hoping that someone would be able to help me out a bit years ago I bought a gaming pc with the following specs see below I sent in my pc for repairs once but i got blown off saying it was fine and i had to pay shitloads of money to get it Broken graphics card back Problems are back and im clueless I have worked with fixing pc s myself and I know what the problem is but how can i prove this for the techs that work wher ei bought my pc Up till a few month ago it ran everything smoothly I played games like wow spore and black and white and didnt have any problems Lately however i played Aion Black and white and Skyrim and my graphic card drivers keeps crashing when im gaming It have happend times in minutes at the worst and that s just when you stand still doing nothing I have tried everything when it comes to the drivers and the only thing left is that the card simply is broken I have not overclocked my pc in any way however i do have some issues with my USB ports but I m pretty sure its not relevant I have a Logitech g keyboard and just about a month ago i had my first one replaced because Broken graphics card it started to fall out and lose power I said to the techs when i sent in my pc that i had issues with it but they seemed very sure that they were fine Day of having the new keyboard the same sh t starts over and it will have a nerd-rage now and then so i have to reboot my pc for it to work The rest of my usb ports has the same thing and my units keeps falling out as they please but hey working as intended So i can either continue to pester the people i bought my pc from or i can just buy a new graphic card i ve been looking at a gtx but noticed it has that new GDDR SDRAM Would this matter when my mother board is ddr I havent been reading up on such things lately so im having my doubts there Anyways thanks for reading this I quot hope quot someone have had similar experiences and can come with some advice Intel Core i - Processor ghz ASUS P P D PRO P Socket- Kingston ValueR DDR MHz GB XFX GeForce GTX M MB PhysX nbsp

A:Broken graphics card

What PSU, brand and wattage does the system have?
Having power issues via USB and graphics card issues with higher power consumption/newer more graphically intensive games would have me wondering if there is an issue with it.

There is no issue with DDR3/GDDR5 compatibility. The video memory mounted on the graphics card is accessed via the PCI-E bus that the graphics card is connected to the motherboard with. It doesn't rely on the memory controllers/chipset of the motherboard. Only the system memory (Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 4GB) in the motherboard memory slots needs to be DDR3.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-graphics-card.173761/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

My sapphire x800 gto2 has just broken and therefore I need a new card (and quick, possibly ordering today). Willing to spend about 140 and seen this 2 cards which look similar if not better than my last one, any suggestions.

Sapphire connect3d x850xt - http://ebuyer.com/UK/product/84934/rb/22017247483
Nvidia 6800gs - http://ebuyer.com/UK/product/110664/rb/22017325332
Nvidia 7600gt - http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=14753&GroupID=1264

Any other suggestion would be massive help, dont want to spend mroe than 140 though.

Cheers.

A:Graphics card broken, which of these is better?

If you budget is that high then look a Geforce 7900 series card.

The 7900GS is in that range and superior the the X850XT.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/7900_Series.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-broken-which-of-these-is-better.504496/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi

I have an on board graphics controller which has a Vista Rating of 3.1 for Desktop and 3.2 for gaming.

It is a computer with a 1.8Ghz dual core processor and Vista Premium. 2Gb RAM

Just wondered what anyone might suggest for improving the Vista Rating to improve desktop stuff which seemed a bit slow compared to an XP with a Radeon 9600 graphics card I used the other day.

(without parting with shed loads of cash.. )

Thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys i've got a computer with an amd 3400+ processor, 2.5gb ram and an ati radeon x1650 pro graphics card. for some reason, when i play videos in full screen (youtube,iplayer,etc) the fan gets really loud. now obviously i don't try to play HD resolution videos because my current graphics card can't handle it.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/199420
will this card work for me?

Relevancy 49.45%

I need to upgrade my video card but im not sure which video cards are compatible Ive got Graphics updating card to spend on the new graphics card and i also got a person who can sell me a NVIDIA GeForce GTS MHz GB DDR Graphics card updating for which is a little cheaper than the market price here but i dont know if its compatible or not So i need some advise on what i can do my specs are below Operating System Windows Home Premium x build System Model WC AA-AB CQ PT Processor gigahertz AMD Athlon II X kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded RAM GB DDR Drives Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space Multi Flash Reader USB Device Hard drive Graphics card updating -- drive SAMSUNG HD HJ SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n S FJ GZ SMART Memory Modules Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB Slot DIMM has MB Display NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Display adapter Main Circuit Board Bus Clock megahertz Controllers NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x nbsp

A:Graphics card updating

Here is the support site for the Compaq Presario CQ5310PT desktop.

According to its product specifications section, it has a PCI Express x16 slot for upgrading to a video card, and it has a 300 watt power supply.

That means you're going to need to get a video card that connects to a PCI Express x16 slot and doesn't require more power than that power supply can handle.

Unless you plan to upgrade to a higher wattage power supply, my recommendation would be a video card that has no more than 512 MB of dedicated video memory and that has a heat sink instead of a cooling fan.

If you're planning to do hard-core gaming and need a high-end video card, that power supply likely won't do the job.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-updating.975004/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey, so I need to update my graphics card on my Satellite, but I heard I can just "download" one. This sounds unlikely, but is it true?

A:Updating graphics card

TechMancer said:

Hey, so I need to update my graphics card on my Satellite, but I heard I can just "download" one. This sounds unlikely, but is it true?Click to expand...

You would likely need to contact your satellite service provider for the answer to your question. There are firmware updates that are periodically available. However I figure by now they are automatically installed (I could be wrong though), to keep the machines up to date.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updating-graphics-card.186697/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am looking to replace my current ATI Radeon X300 (128mb) graphics card with something that will run Flight SIM X at a more user friendly rate. Before I up the specs., I'm concerned whether the rest of my computer has the ability to cope.

Running: Pentium 4, 3.20GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB, 90nm
512MB 400MHz DDR SDRAM memory.

Theses figures don't mean a lot to me, just copied them off the front.

Basically I don't want to up the graphics card only to find that other parts let me down.
Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thankyou.

A:Updating graphics card

Need to know more info about your system, like what kind of motherboard you have and any open slots.

Run a system profile program like Belarc Advisor then post the specs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-graphics-card.797070/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Packard Bell oneTwo L5871 with a Intel HD graphics card which i'd like to upgrade. My problem is that I can't even figure out how to open the back of the computer so that i can see the graphics card area. there are only 2 screws on the back i can see, which when removed do absolutely nothing. any help would be appreciated also if you know of a decent graphics card which will fit my computer that would be great to. Thanks.

Relevancy 49.02%

My sister didn t know the video cable quot unscrewed quot from connector Onboard graphics broken the back of the PC so she kept yanking on it Hence the onboard video connector broke off from the motherboard Onboard graphics connector broken came unsoldered emachines com told me to either replace the motherboard or purchase a PCI or AGP video board I opted to buy a Radeon MB AGP video board When I turned the computer on I get a black screen I can not get to the BIOS setup Windows etc Even if I hold down the F key I have no idea what the system is doing because I can t quot see quot anything The Problem I can t load the required software for the drivers because I don t have the video working The PC doesn t know the new AGP board is there when I boot up All I get is a black screen Does anyone know how I can work around this Any and all help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Irene nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Alright so I got an Aspire M since One day it suddenly card Graphics or slot? the is broken it wouldn t start up Beeping noises are heard from the CPU long short After a bit of research it seems Graphics card broken or is it the slot? that the computer could not detect the graphic card which results in it not starting up So I reinserted the graphic card Failed Did it again Failed Repeated for hour Still hearing long short beeps Then after a few maybe hours I tried again reinserting the graphics driver connecting the monitor cable and turned it on It worked Graphics card broken or is it the slot? I didn t know what happened but it worked After Graphics card broken or is it the slot? I was done using the computer I turned it off The next day today the problem came back Reinserted plugged monitor cable turned on and it works Now I don t know whether its the graphic card or the slot Wonder if replacing it will work I m afraid that if I turn off the PC the problem will return Any help would be appreciated I never opened the CPU since for cleaning nbsp

A:Graphics card broken or is it the slot?

Hey Falconet. I think I would be far more likely that the graphic card is flaky since in your research the beeps point to the graphics card. If the slot were damaged, chances are you wouldn't get it to work at all, and since it worked one day and not the next, and since the slot itself won't break on it's own, I would suspect the card first. It wouldn't hurt to check both connection points of the cable the next time, although the beeps indicate the card's operation itself as not being right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-broken-or-is-it-the-slot.189593/
Relevancy 49.02%

Last night my monitor suddenly started to make strange images, so i thought the CPU had overheated thus opened it and let it cool down for a few minutes (yes, it was pretty hot when I opened it). After a new run, the problem persisted. So I let it stay for the night, and this morning when I turned the PC on still the same problem. So I take out the graphics card to have a look at it and find this:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9853/dscn0731r.jpg
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5653/dscn0732m.jpg

3 of the 10 silver thingies have popped out. I assume the graphics card belongs to the trash now, but just wanted to check with some pro people?

A:Graphics card, is it broken forever?

Yes that does look pretty broken to be honest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-is-it-broken-forever.850528/
Relevancy 49.02%

I bought a Nvidia Geforce gt some time ago and it ran perfectly for Broken Graphics Suddenly Card over a year with no problems until just recently it garbles all graphics when I use it I switched back to my integrated graphics card and my computer runs fine tried installing all the new drivers for it and remove reinsert it to find no difference I lost my receipt and box disk that my graphics card came with so this is my last resort before having to buy a new one I am running Windows Xp and I m using is a PCI-Express slot for my graphics card The Graphics Card Suddenly Broken exact things I see when I restart my computer are Gateway Logo no garbled graphics - gt red lines all over my screen - gt black screen and hearing the windows start up Graphics Card Suddenly Broken sound Using the nvidia card I can get into safe mode but the screen choosing safe mode is a series of garbled symbols When in safe mode i can browse my computer fine but the red lines are still in the background Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

For the past few days loading any 3d programs resulted in a freezing of the screen for 30 seconds or so. Lately, this has been replaced by very big graphics glitches forcing a restart. The last time, on boot, the screen had 6 green dashed lines. ( I think meaning fried video ram or something)

It did not want to go to to XP unless booted in safe mode.

Borrowed a friends old X1300 and it works. So definately a graphics card problem

Spec: P5K-E Wifi/ap
Asus 8800GTS 320MB
Intel C2D stock at 2.66 OCed to 3.5
2GB GeiL ram
NZXT lexa case

Just wondering what could have caused it.

Will probably replace with a 4850 but dont want it to happen again

Thanks!

A:Graphics card broken- what may have caused it?

Could be a number of things. Could be heat, could be lack of power, could be overclocking, could be an internal failure of the card - electronics like everything else will fail at some point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-broken-what-may-have-caused-it.774603/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

Is it possible to do a BIOS upgrade on a graphics card?
If so, how do I go about it?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, recently I noticed a problem after upgrading to windows 10. My graphics card doesn't seem to be updating, despite the update seemingly successfully installing (meaning that I don't get any errors, and the computer restarts), however, when I check on the driver manager it's still the old version. (And it's wayyyyy out of date). A little while later, it will tell me a new version of my driver is available via windows update, and it's the same process all over again.

I've also tried using Intel's Driver Update tool, and it's the same result.

I need the new update in order to use adobe photoshop and illustrator.

My PC is a Dell Inspiron 660

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/35701-intel-r-hd-graphics-2500-not-updating.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello So here is the problem nbsp I purchased a XFX - Radeon R to update my Lenovo Signal Graphics Card: No Updating H Desktop Computer My friend Updating Graphics Card: No Signal and I installed it after purchase Updating Graphics Card: No Signal and NO SIGNAL We couldn't figure it out for so long nbsp Eventually I decided Updating Graphics Card: No Signal to buy a new PSU to accommodate the W requirement I hooked up a new Thermaltake TR W Power Supply to the exact same places as the desktops original PSU Fiddling with the little red slider on the back - did little more than make the CPU Fan go faster nbsp I went and exchanged the graphics card because I couldn't find any other reason But yep NO SIGNAL still And I know the slot works because it can run my friends Nvidia card just fine nbsp I think the issue could be a few things BIOS PCI graphics card vs another PCI version on my PC karma the curse of a witch However I honestly have no clue If anyone could help that would be fantastic nbsp nbsp Thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Updating-Graphics-Card-No-Signal/td-p/3454494
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an old PC Pentium GHz with an AGP graphics slot which is running Windows Since my old FX video card packed up I ve been using a very low-spec replacement that gives me basic function but no more I m looking for a proper replacement equal or better than the and have come across graphics Updating card AGP Solved: an EVGA GF on Amazon which Microsoft lists as Win compatible It seems to be suitable but it has a heatsink not a fan Xan this card really compare performance-wise with the FX especially Solved: Updating AGP graphics card with demanding tasks such as video editing For comparison the FX let me run Windows Movie Maker without any problems and watch hi-res relative term I know videos If this card can match the FX without any fan noise and if there aren t any compatibility issues I ve missed then I ll definitely buy it PS Please don t tell me to get a new PC Money s short times are hard I just want a graphics card nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys,
I have a Dell XPS 420 computer. Running Windows vista 32bit. With a Dell E207 WFP monitor. My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8600GTS, 256MB. Anyway I have not updated the drivers on my graphics card for like a year. So I got it done today, Just went into the Nvidia website and updated it no problem. The update included alot of stuff to do with 3D. Giving various 3D settings options on the NVidia control panel. Im not a fan of 3D at all. I dont use my pc for gaming, I use my playstation for that. Anyway maybe it was my imagination but after the update I thought things looked a little different on the websites I usually surf, like You Tube and that. Did this update turn things to 3D or am I imagining it. Thanks for any of your comments...

A:Solved: Updating Graphics Card

Probably imagining it.

But it may not have been such a good idea to update your drivers. I know that lots of places on the internet encourage that, but sometimes you end up worse off than you were. I wouldn't recommend updating them unless there was a specific reason. Especially with older cards and newer drivers, where the newer drivers are optimized for recent cards and only backwards-compatible for older ones, the older drivers may actually work better for you if you don't have a specific need (game that won't work, e.g.) for a newer one.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

(PS. You can roll back your drivers to the previous version in Device Manager whenever an update is not to your liking.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-updating-graphics-card.1053881/
Relevancy 48.59%

Trying to upgrade the graphics card on my PC

Hope I provided enough info. I know price plays a part but can someone tell me/ give a list of graphic cards that would work for my PC? Mind you Im a newbie so break it down for me if you wouldn't mind, thanks.

SPECS:
# Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048MB
# Currently Installed Memory: 1.25GB
# Available Memory Slots: 0
# Number of Banks: 2
# Dual Channel Support: No
# CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
# CPU Family: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz Model 1, Stepping 2
# CPU Speed: 1794 MHz
# System model DIM 4500
# 500 watt power supply
# Windows XP Professional

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey Basically im Advise Graphics Card Updating Need Help: looking Need Help: Updating Graphics Card Advise to update my pc to support higher graphics for games and run a little more smooter At the moment im looking to buy a Geforce GT or GTX Mainly need to know if my motherboard is fine with the card and if theres anything id need to get or do before buying the card Specs Copied Need Help: Updating Graphics Card Advise from SiSoftware Sandra SiSoftware Sandra Processor Model Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Speed GHz Cores per Processor Unit s Threads per Core Unit s Internal Data Cache kB Synchronous Write-Thru -way byte line size lines per sector L On-board Cache MB Need Help: Updating Graphics Card Advise ECC Synchronous ATC -way byte line size lines per sector System System Dell Inc Dimension XPSGEN Mainboard Dell Inc GC Bus es X-Bus PCI PCIe IMB USB FireWire i c SMBus Multi-Processor MP Support Processor s Multi-Processor Advanced PIC APIC Yes System BIOS Dell Inc A Total Memory MB DDR Chipset Model Dell X Memory Controller Hub Front Side Bus Speed x MHz MHz Total Memory GB DDR Memory Bus Speed x MHz MHz Video System Desktop Monitors Panels Monitor Panel Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Panel Plug and Play Monitor Adapter RADEON X Series Adapter RADEON X Series - Secondary Imaging Device CanoScan N U Physical Storage Devices Intel Raid Volume GB ATA GB C Samsung CF Card CF USB N A F Samsung MS Card MS USB N A G Samsung SD Card MMC SD USB N A H Samsung SM XD Card SM USB N A I TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H C ATAPI x CD-R x DVD-R kB Cache N A D NEC DVD -RW ND- A ATAPI x CD-R x CD-W x DVD-R x DVD-W MB Cache N A E MS G YQF Q SCSI SCSI- x CD-R x DVD-R kB Cache N A J Logical Storage Devices Local Disk C GB GB Free Space NTFS TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H C ATAPI x CD-R x DVD-R kB Cache CD-ROM DVD D N A TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H C ATAPI x CD-R x DVD-R kB Cache CD-ROM DVD E N A NEC DVD -RW ND- A ATAPI x CD-R x CD-W x DVD-R x DVD-W MB Cache COD MW J GB UDF MS G YQF Q SCSI SCSI- x CD-R x DVD-R kB Cache quot MB A N A Intel Raid Volume ATA x CD-R x DVD-R kB Cache Removable Drive F N A Samsung CF Card CF USB Removable Drive G N A Samsung MS Card MS USB Removable Drive H N A Samsung SD Card MMC SD USB Removable Drive I N A Samsung SM XD Card SM USB Peripherals USB Controller Hub Intel R GB USB Universal Host Controller - C USB Controller Hub Intel R GB USB Universal Host Controller - C USB Controller Hub Intel R GB USB Universal Host Controller - CA USB Controller Hub Intel R GB USB Universal Host Controller - CB USB Controller Hub Intel R GB USB Enhanced Host Controller - CC USB Controller Hub USB Root Hub USB Controller Hub USB Root Hub USB Controller Hub USB Root Hub USB Controller Hub USB Root Hub USB Controller Hub USB Root Hub USB Controller Hub eHome Infrared Receiver USB Controller Hub USB Mass Storage Device USB Controller Hub Generic USB Hub USB Controller Hub USB Composite Device FireWire Controller Hub Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller FireWire Controller Hub OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller Keyboard Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Mouse HID-compliant mouse Mouse Wacom Mouse Human Interface HID-compliant device Human Interface Microsoft eHome Remote Consumer Controls Human Interface HID-compliant device Human Interface HID-compliant device Human Interface Logitech Cordless RumblePad HID Human Interface HID-compliant consumer control device Human Interface HID-compliant device Human Interface HID-compliant consumer control device Human Interface Wacom HID Pen Human Interface Wacom HID Digitizer Human Interface Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver Human Interface Wacom Virtual Hid Driver Human Interface USB Human Interface Device Human Interface Logitech Cordless RumblePad USB Human Interface USB Human Interface Device Human Interface USB Human Interface Device MultiMedia Device s Device Creative SB Audigy ZS WDM Device Creative Game Port Printers and Faxes Model Lexmark X Series Model Fax Po... Read more

A:Need Help: Updating Graphics Card Advise

You can't do anything for the P4 CPU.

You can only add the video card to make it faster... save your OLD video card to put back in this PC when you sell it and upgrade to a new computer.

The 8800GT is as fast as the 8800GTX. Both will be bottlenecked by your CPU. Your PSU is 650 watts so its fine. You may need the included in adaptor to get more power to the video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-updating-graphics-card-advise.672905/
Relevancy 48.59%

So a few minutes ago I opened this Webm Drive club 1411776050682.gif (GIF Image, 266 ? 199 pixels) and a few seconds into it I got a BSOD. It made a memory dump, but I can't open it because its saying I need admin privilege, which I already am. So everytime I play the GIF the video breaks, it gives off green shadings etc. My graphics isnt up to date, really old, and when I tried to update I just got a bsod. Also today's bsod screen read there was a problem with the video scheduler. Help would be awesome

driver in question http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...s%207%20-%2064

A:Having trouble updating my Graphics Card

Hi What is the Model Number of your Computer ? ...

I would try another Version of that Driver ..
AMD Catalyst 13.4 WHQL ...

If that does not help ...

You may get better support in the BSOD section ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/347033-having-trouble-updating-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I found my graphics driver update on the intel website BUT there arent any updates for my OS which is vista their are only XP updates?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, recently I noticed a problem after upgrading to windows 10. My graphics card doesn't seem to be updating, despite the update seemingly successfully installing (meaning that I don't get any errors, and the computer restarts), however, when I check on the driver manager it's still the old version. (And it's wayyyyy out of date). A little while later, it will tell me a new version of my driver is available via windows update, and it's the same process all over again.

I've also tried using Intel's Driver Update tool, and it's the same result.

I need the new update in order to use adobe photoshop and illustrator.

My PC is a Dell Inspiron 660

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/35701-intel-r-hd-graphics-2500-not-updating.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm fixing up a computer for a friend and I'm trying to decide if I should sell him my old Gforce 3 graphics card. He has a 4 or 5 year old (that's a guess, could be newer, doubt it's older) Compaq and the graphics card he has now is horrible.

BUT, he doesn't play games. So my question is, would updating his graphics card in this case be worthless if he doesn't play games? Would having a really old card like that slow down every-day use of a computer on the Internet and just in Windows? Or is the graphics card strictly going to affect only gameplay?

Thanks for the help : )

-Capnbob

A:Worth Updating Graphics Card?

Obviously this is just my opinion, but unless there is some other reason why he needs a better video card, I would just leave things alone. Of course many of us on this forum are always looking for reasons to do things to our systems even if they aren't really necessary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/worth-updating-graphics-card.256464/
Relevancy 48.59%

After having problems with my pc processor speed i was advised to update the bios Since doing this i can no longer see 2nd see graphics Cannot card updating help! after bios, the nd graphics card can anyone help please Previously i Cannot see 2nd graphics card after updating bios, help! had the following set up Windows Vista PC with monitors on graphics cards GeForce amp GeForce GT Motherboard- ASRock K N - Chipset- GeForce Bios- American Megatrends P CPU- AMD Phenom II X My PC Cannot see 2nd graphics card after updating bios, help! has been sluggish since i bought it and crashes quite often which i put down to Vista so I decided to upgrade to Windows but discovered that the CPU was only running at MHz rather than the advertised GHz I was told this is a bios issue and to update the bios to AMI P After doing Cannot see 2nd graphics card after updating bios, help! so i can no longer use the rd screen and i cannot see the nd graphics card GeForce The system shows that the motherboard chipset is now nForce a and the graphics card as GeForce GT no sign of the The CPU is now faster though Can anyone advise how to get the nd graphics card rd screen back Many thanks nbsp

A:Cannot see 2nd graphics card after updating bios, help!

Have you enabled Surround View in the BIOS? Refer to the page 27 in the manual here: ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/K10N78-1394.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-see-2nd-graphics-card-after-updating-bios-help.1019993/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello everyone. I am having a lot of trouble trying to update the driver on my graphics card. I currently have an Alienware MX17 R3 with an Radeon HD 6870m.

I try to download the driver directly from the AMD site but I get this message. (Attatched)

I go to the Alienware driver page and unfortunately the driver on their website is the one I currently have which is from 2011. To be sure there is a new driver for this card somewhere and I just can't find a way to get it on my computer.

It's very unfortunate that I can't download the newer driver from the AMD site and have to resort to the Alienware site... who does not have the most updated driver. It's 2013 and I'm forced to use a very outdated driver.

Does anyone have any solution to this.

A:Need help updating drivers for graphics card.

Hi there Ryan90!

Seems like it's a common issue where Dell driver won't let you install the regular drivers. Sometime we might need to modify the INI file. Try this one AMD Catalyst if that didn't work I did find an article that might help you with your problem Proper AMD/ATI Driver Install - Alienware User Support it's worth a try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/296646-need-help-updating-drivers-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, so I tried to update my Graphic Card here Desktop

but it gave me a bsod, I have a minidump but can;t attach it because its saying I need admin priv which I already have..but still not letting me.

A:BSOD when updating Graphics Card

Right click it and select run as administrator.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347056-bsod-when-updating-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi. Right now I have
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400

but most, if not all of the new games that are out there for my kids and I (ok, me, when I can get near this computer) won't work with this card. Wondering if I can update it.

Following are my specs.

Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.50GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Monitor: ViewSonic VA800

Any other info for specs needed to help?

TIA,
Patrick

A:Solved: Help updating graphics card

Before considering upgrading the graphics card, is your CPU and Memory up to snuff for these games your kids want to play? This is an old computer and may not be worth putting too much money into.

But to further move along your question. You need an older AGP video card. You also need to open up the side onthe computer and see what power supply you have and how may watts it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-updating-graphics-card.774529/
Relevancy 48.59%

I need to upgrade the drivers for my NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go 64M. But, I don't know which drivers to download and the Website is not clear enough. If someone could give me a link it would be perfect. Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

To cut a long story short, I'd sent my computer off to Currys/PCWorld (where my dad works) for them to do a full diagnostic of my PC (because my graphics card was faulty a few months ago).

Through/by no choice of my own, I was given a new graphics card - an ASUS ATi Radeon EAH5770 CU core, 1GB GDDR5 (powered by a HD Radeon 5770 = not bad I suppose; at least it's much better than my old GeForce 8800GTS)

I found out it needed updating, and (I can't remember why or how I managed it but) I did that through Steam; but then I got a BSOD message

(perfmon.html is included in the zip file)

-Windows 7 X64
-Not the original OS (was Vista)
-Full retail (legally bought) version
-I bought my computer/hardware on 13th March 2007
-installed Windows 7 [32-bit] on 24th October 2009, then the 64-bit on 4th January 2011

A:BSOD while updating new graphics card

Hello Gaz1701 & Welcome to SevenForums!

The crash you experienced was caused by the driver for the ATI card. Uninstall it, and install it again from the link below.

Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD

BSOD Summary

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80046034e0, fffff8800757d9c8, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+79c8 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80046034e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800757d9c8, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+79c8
fffff880`0757d9c8 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`09086898 fffff880`04b1e000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`046034e0 fffff880`0757d9c8 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`090868a0 fffff880`04b1dd0a : fffff880`0757d9c8 fffffa80`046034e0 fffffa80`07e31010 fffffa80`061a5410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`090868e0 fffff880`05323f07 : fffffa80`046034e0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`07e31010 fffffa80`061a5410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`09086910 fffff880`05351d5a : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00039307 fffff880`09086a70 00000000`00000102 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`090869f0 fffff880`0534d6af : fffffa80`061a5410 ffffffff`feced300 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`03a18000 : dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x196
fffff880`09086a30 fffff880`0534c023 : fffffa80`061a5410 00000000`00000002 fffff880`09086b90 fffff880`09086b80 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForEmptyHwQueue+0x8f
fffff880`09086b20 fffff880`0534c2fe : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000003`00000380 fffffa80`06371af0 : dxgmms1!VidSchiHandleControlEvent+0x3b
fffff880`09086b50 fffff880`0531f2c6 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`061a5410 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x23e
fffff880`09086bf0 fffff880`0534be7a : fffffa80`07e31010 fffffa80`07e31010 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`061a5410 : dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0x1da
fffff880`09086d00 fffff800`02d6832e : fffff880`00000000 fffffa80`07a575c0 fffffa80`039cd040 fffff800`02ac3817 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xba
fffff880`09086d40 fffff800`02abd666 : fffff800`02c3ee80 fffffa80`07a575c0 fffffa80`06dbbb60 fffff880`01250cb0 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`09086d80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/180176-bsod-while-updating-new-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey. I'm just wondering why I keep getting the message "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer".

I tried numerous times to update, but this message keeps popping up.

Thanks

A:Issue updating Intel HD Graphics

Sounds like you have a proprietary system, probably built by dell or hp.
They sometimes change stuff in the chipsets to save costs.
It's likely the update will not apply for you because only the one provided by the manufacturer of your system will.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/218460-issue-updating-intel-hd-graphics.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently bought Card Updating h8-1223 Graphics on the Zotac Geforce gtx ti I also upgraded the PSU to a W unit My tower is an h - and my mother board is M BM nbsp When I installed this graphics card I got the blue HP loading screen and then a few short beeps and then a black screen with the cursor in the top left corner From what I read I thought that this graphics card should be compatible with my system nbsp I attempted to look on the HP support site to upgrade my BIOS in case that was the issue However for my tower Updating Graphics Card on h8-1223 the available upgrade is for M CMNR and Updating Graphics Card on h8-1223 to be honest I don't know if it matters that my motherboard is actually M BM nbsp Any help or guidance that can be offered would be appreciated If this card isn't compatible is there a list of graphics cards that will work with my system My budget is of order CAD

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Updating-Graphics-Card-on-h8-1223/td-p/5728135
Relevancy 48.59%

AH NEVER MIND, I UPDATED THE GRAPHICS CARD, however

I updated my graphics card, went well.

I got this when trying to troubleshoot the problem why I cannot have Aero on my Windows 7:

I scanned for hardware changes and got this aswell:

Problem as i'm having with the Mass Storage controller, I did the windows update and couldn't find anything. Looked around Google no solution...

A:Updating NVIDIA graphics card

Please check this page and check your model number again.

Is it actually one of these showing up instead?

Sony eSupport - Electronics

It would be very helpful to go to device manager, right click the video adapter, properties, details, change dropdown to hardware ids. Copy and paste what you find to here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/32995-updating-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

ok so my hard drive took a dump. so i went out and bought a brand new one and installed it myself. then i went and got windows 7 and also installed that myself. (DYI!) But im trying to burn a movie with Windows DVD Maker, but it told my that my video card does not meet the minimum requirments. So i new i had a Good Nvidia Graphics card so i went to check my card just in case by using the DxDiag thingy or w/e. And it only says that i have a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. I am thinking that i did not install some drivers or something for my computer to recognized my graphics card with windows 7 or something...can someone help me fix Windows DVD Maker and/or My computer with its Video Card?

A:Updating My Graphics Card with my new Windows 7

You don't have your graphics card drivers installed. Do you know which Nvidia card you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/82271-updating-my-graphics-card-my-new-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought a refurbished lenovo y50 touch with the 860m. I cant even run csgo or gmod without getting 5-10 fps. No games work. Ive looked up multiple solution such as updateing bios, installing old drivers, chaning setting through nvidia control panel and the such. Does any1 have the solution to this or is this laptop a lost cause? If yes, what are refund policies? Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-touch-broken-Nvidia-graphics/td-p/3421986
Relevancy 48.16%

Here s my situation I have had this rig for about years so it s not unlikely the card is fried but here sure how card possibly check to not broken, Graphics s my dilemma I just reinstalled windows so I could play Star Wars The old republic Everything was working fine until today Graphics card possibly broken, not sure how to check I logged in and suddenly when playing the game became unplayable due to low fps I was playing very smoothly on max settings before this for a week System specs are WIndows ultimate Radeon HD GB Corsair DDR Abit I Pro MB GB HDD Even on the game when I put it to lowest settings it doesn t increase the FPS How can I test it to find out what the problem is or even to find out if it s broken I plan to reinstall windows as a last resort I also did a stress test on Counter Strike Source not long ago and got FPS on everything maxed so I m going to try that again and see what my results are I got an average of FPS on furmark with full screen which gave me an overall score of The website scores my card way above that so I m not sure what to do I have updated drivers Thanks nbsp

A:Graphics card possibly broken, not sure how to check

With that many miles on it, I would just change out now... you will quickly see that nothing lasts for ever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-possibly-broken-not-sure-how-to-check.174918/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I recently received a ATI Radeon XT Graphics Radeon ATI (and broken HOT! 9800 Graphics fan) Card XT Card from a friend because he no longer needed it I freshly installed it into my computer and installed that software provided with ATI Radeon 9800 XT Graphics Card HOT! (and broken fan) it I notice the fan was making alot of noise although it was still running fine just noisy like the bearing was bad I shut down the computer and unplugged power cords When i go to take the graphics card ATI Radeon 9800 XT Graphics Card HOT! (and broken fan) out it is very hot all over the card and at first it was even hard to touch the card This was after running the card for - hours So once it cools down I disassemble the fan and give the bearing a little grease job and clean the dust and debris off the fan etc I put the back motor piece of the fan back on and then I try to take it off again and the metal peg that is attached to just the fan breaks and detaches from the fan Is there a website or store that sells just the replacement fan for this graphics card or an alternative I also wanted to know why the graphics card is running so hot Thank you nbsp

A:ATI Radeon 9800 XT Graphics Card HOT! (and broken fan)

I would cuss out your friend if he/she didn't tell you it was a defective card
to begin with.
its running hot because the heatsink on the video card has quite working.

about fixing it. look at the back of the card and see if you can see any
heat damage to the circuit board. if so---ITS toast.

if you can find a new heatsink and fan for your video card.
I wouldn't reliy on the card to last a long time.
your friend probably ran it for awhile with it making noises,
so this shortened the life expectancy of the card.

RUNNING 6 HOURS WITH IT SO HOT IT BURN YOUR HAND PROABLY
DIDN'T DO YOUR MOTHERBOARD ANY GOOD EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-radeon-9800-xt-graphics-card-hot-and-broken-fan.710303/
Relevancy 48.16%

I get an empty Bluescreen when playing D games mostly after a quite short time but some games screen: graphics card broken? Blue I can play up to a few hours When I start a DMark test the Bluescreen appears immediately after the first frame The event viewer displays the following error codes f d At the beginning some E errors appeared but I didn t find them Blue screen: graphics card broken? in the last Bluescreens Specs of the yr old PC Asrock K NF -RAID RAID disabled Athlon XP Barton x MHz Sapphire Radeon Pro GB MHz DDR-RAM GB WD HDD GB Maxtor Blue screen: graphics card broken? HDD Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic The Bluescreens also happen without overclocking The Bluescreens appears since two days after installing my new Zalman CPU-Cooler and like I said just when I play games with newer D graphic Memtest and Prime ran hours long without any problems or bluescreens I already Blue screen: graphics card broken? formatted the PC and reinstalled Windows with the newest drivers for all devices but I also tried it with older ones without soundcard etc but the problem is still existing So I expect the graphic card to be broken but I just want to be sure before buying a new one Would be great if someone can say for sure which part is broken or what I could do to test it further Best Regards Manuel Edit added Minidump nbsp

A:Blue screen: graphics card broken?

It's the drivers, not the video card. See the following thread for the same crash and a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic114470.html

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+107e58 )
Image name: ati3duag.dll Timestamp: Wed Sep 24 10:54:14 2008 (48D99DC6)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-graphics-card-broken.117180/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought a refurbished lenovo y50 touch with the 860m. I cant even run csgo or gmod without getting 5-10 fps. No games work. Ive looked up multiple solution such as updateing bios, installing old drivers, chaning setting through nvidia control panel and the such. Does any1 have the solution to this or is this laptop a lost cause? If yes, what are refund policies? Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Y50-touch-broken-Nvidia-graphics/td-p/3421986
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that since the last upgrades, the graphics have gone haywire:

Firefox does something weird too. The top bar goes all blue, and you can only make out the open tabs by hovering over them (and then they go back to normal). Come off the tab bar, move back over it - and it goes weird again. This has only happened in the last day (since my machine did some automatic updates)

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Andy

A:Latest Win10 upgrades - broken the graphics?

Not me.

If you post your system specs (especially the display adapter), you may get more useful responses.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/56898-latest-win10-upgrades-broken-graphics.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey Usually I can find an answer to my problems by looking through forums This is the first wierd. ports VERY Card? Broken Graphics on time I have had to use them SORRY for the Broken ports on Graphics Card? VERY wierd. long post Its complicated Here is an introduction to my obscure pc About a year ago my power supply blew up and I couldn t afford a new one Broken ports on Graphics Card? VERY wierd. so I used two old ones I had wasn t enough power and wired them together and got my computer working I just have to press two switches to turn it on Yes I know and I m getting a new psu in two weeks Recently My screen wouldn t turn on when I turned on the psus after months at Broken ports on Graphics Card? VERY wierd. least of no problems but a few restarts fixed it Here is my problem I was playing oblivion with several like user-made mods All worked fine occasionally my pc would crash after half and hour to an hour of playing with a quick glimpse of a blue screen with white writing could have been bsod not too sure But I figured its my cpu or ram getting overloaded cos I am using high res texture packs A few days ago I went into a shop that I hadn t entered before and the screen got the purple textures and blocky trash everywhere im used to seeing it and the screen went completely red and then black I could still walk around and hear me interacting with stuff So i restarted and the screen wouldn t show anything Eventually I heard the windows startup sound and the graphics card was hot like it was still working Eventually just for fun I switched the monitor cord to the other DVI port It worked Now here s the funny part I decided to try and break it again So I loaded oblivion and went into the same save game and the same thing happened Now I can t get a picture at all I am borrowing someone elses gfx card at the moment I have tried everything Even a seperate power supply for the card BUT the card still gets hot and the pc still starts windows as if its working fine It appears to me like it is the DVI ports on the card that got broken who knows how software can do that I still havn t tried the extra tv-out port cos I don t have a tv with component-in to use Help I have tried everything I can think of EXCEPT putting my card in someone else s pc even took apart the card and cleaned the dust out I just don t have a spare pc with pci-e right now til next week sometime It has me totally stumped which is a first I have faith in you Thanks EDIT I tried putting my gfx card in my second pci slot while using the borrowed one in the first to see if I could diagnose the problem that way I went into device manager and it said quot Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code quot Problems How specific I don t know what rd party tools to use and the ones I have tried don t see it dxdiag doesn t see it either This is a massive post sorry again PC Specs AMD Athlon Ghz GB Ram GeForce GTS mb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-ports-on-graphics-card-very-wierd.901726/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have two Compaq Deskpro E s in my room They used to work fine but then somebody I won t say who took them apart and killed their motherboards I want to take the two Matrox G s out of them and install them in a Compaq Presario These cards alone could run Windows XP very well but since I had two of them I decided to try to install them on my Presario I also was thinking about taking the memory from the Deskpros and putting that in the Presario as well Those Deskpros use the same kind of memory PC DIMM SDRAM so I think I one old broken onto Installing from 2 cars graphics machines another will be fine However I do not want to risk breaking yet another Installing 2 old graphics cars from broken machines onto another one machine because my dad will get pretty angry So I d like to know if I might run into any issues while doing any of this and if the Installing 2 old graphics cars from broken machines onto another one two Matrox Cards can work in harmony Thank you nbsp

A:Installing 2 old graphics cars from broken machines onto another one

My suggestion,
Forget about the dual card option. Your memory should be fine. What operating system is now on the machine? If you have the 400MHz AMD-K6-2 machine, XP will be slow regardless of memory and video card. Installing one video card should be no problem.

SeeYa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-2-old-graphics-cars-from-broken-machines-onto-another-one.651554/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello nbsp Let me start Ha... Driver Unable Compatible To Graphics Nvidia Find Graphics by saying that I'm not all that knowledgable about graphic cards graphic drivers and my current issue nbsp I bought this PC roughly years ago and customized it so it's i - MQ GHz GB DDR TB HDD AND it's suppose to have Gb Nvidia GeForce GT M dedicated graphics I just recently started getting into PC gaming i e Steam Rocket League H Z etc I've only had seldom issues playing rocket league but the problems arose to when nbsp I tried playing H Z It was very Nvidia Graphics Driver Unable To Find Compatible Graphics Ha... slow and my fps weren't high either even on low medium setting nbsp I started doing some research about why that would happen and it has to do with the graphics so I tried checking out the graphics on my PC but all I could find was the intel HD graphics info and control panel Nvidia Graphics Driver Unable To Find Compatible Graphics Ha... I've read information that sometimes there could be two graphics in a PC so it either uses one or the other but I can't seem to detect the nvidia hardware through the driver nor find any control panel It says processor graphics in use is intel HD graphics I believe this laptop would've had the graphics incorporated with the motherboard or something so it would not be replaceable or removeable but I don't seem to have it at all nbsp My PC even has a little Nvidia GeForce sticker logo on it under where the intel inside core i sticker is next to the fingerprint reader nbsp I currently have windows nbsp Does anyone know what the issue is or was I just ripped by HP or something What can I do now nbsp EDIT I would also like to add that sometimes my laptop screen would freeze and blank for a few seconds then a pop up message appears that my graphics stopped working or something and just restored then it's back to normal this would happen sometimes often when doing extensive online games

A:Nvidia Graphics Driver Unable To Find Compatible Graphics Ha...

@Brisk1? This is the Nvidia driver for you laptop. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71979.exe REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Nvidia-Graphics-Driver-Unable-To-Find-Compatible-Graphics/td-p/5824694
Relevancy 48.16%

since the start of this week ive had problems trying to figure out how do update this driver. ive tried everything. tried calling looking on forums nothing is working. just same message the version of your graphics adpter is not supported... i need help actual links anybody plz help me i dont know alot about toshiba;s. so i need like really simple terms plz help me

A:radeon 3100 graphics updating problems

ATI Catalyst

there you go

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/200536-radeon-3100-graphics-updating-problems.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, since the newest version of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, I can't use the GPU performance feature. It tells me that I have an comparable GPU available. Update driver to use GPU performance.
The issue is that windows, and intel both say that my drivers are up to date.
It says the version installed is 10.18.10.4276 however, when I download the newest drivers from intel, it says they are version 15.33.42.4358. So when I install it, it keeps going back to version 10.18.10.4276
The computer I have is an dell inspiron 660, it's got an i5 @ 3.0 ghz and an intel (r) hd graphics 2500 with 2gb of ram.

Would appreciate some help, it's been bugging me. GPU performance features really help my workflow.

A:Graphics card not updating to newest version

Hi, I'm a bit confused by "The issue is that windows, and intel both say that my drivers are up to date." and then mention 2newest drivers from intel, it says they are version 15.33.42.4358."

My interpretation is:
Windows insists on you having vn 10.18.10.4276, but there is a later version available from Intel. If you install the later version, Windows replaces it with vn 10.18.10.4276.

Assuming that you want the later version, you will have realised that Windows has taken control of driver versions, and Uncle MS will replace your driver if yours isn't the MS approved version- whether older or newer.

This lets you disable particular updates:
Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
Use this to hide the update you don't want, then apply the driver update.

This turns off all driver updates (not really what you want to do)
Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/39153-graphics-card-not-updating-newest-version.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello So here is the problem nbsp I purchased a XFX - Radeon R to update my Lenovo H Desktop Computer My friend and I installed it after purchase and NO SIGNAL We couldn't figure it out for so long nbsp Eventually I decided to buy a new PSU to accommodate the W requirement H415 Card: Signal Graphics - Updating No I hooked up a new Thermaltake TR W Power Supply to the exact same places as the desktops original PSU Fiddling with the little red slider on the back - did little more than make the CPU Fan go faster nbsp I went and exchanged the graphics card because I couldn't find any other reason But yep NO SIGNAL still And I know the slot works because it can run my friends Nvidia card just fine nbsp I think the issue could be a few things BIOS PCI graphics card vs another PCI version on my PC karma the curse of a witch However I honestly have no clue If anyone could help that would H415 - Updating Graphics Card: No Signal be fantastic nbsp nbsp Thank you nbsp Mod's Edit System model H415 - Updating Graphics Card: No Signal added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H415-Updating-Graphics-Card-No-Signal/td-p/3454494
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey everyone, while using the Intel Driver Update Utility I get a message saying I am unable to update my driver because I have a customized computer manufacturer driver. The utility also lists my graphics driver as an Intel (R) Processor Graphics 3000 but when I go to my control panel it says my graphics driver is an Intel (R) HD Graphics Family. What does this mean exactly?

This is what my computer tells me I have:

This is what the Intel Driver Update Utility tells me I have:

Here are my system specs:

So is it possible for me to uninstall my current graphics driver and then install the latest Intel version? I'm not really sure where to go from here. Thanks in advance guys, I hope you all have a great holiday!

A:Issue Updating Intel (R) HD Graphics Family

Hello TSSG and welcome to Seven Forums.

Intel has many different series of graphics: 2500, 3000, 4000, etc. Some utilities will simply use the generic designation of "Intel Graphics Family" whenever they detect an Intel driver rather than name a specific version.

When a company like Intel issues a driver, each computer manufacturer is free to customize that driver for their own line of computers. I suspect that Dell did exactly that for its line of Inspiron computers. Because the Intel driver has been customized by Dell, if you try to install the latest and greatest directly from Intel, it could seriously hose your computer. Quick short story:

About a year ago Intel and Windows Update said a new driver was available for my Intel HD 3000 Graphics. I installed it and immediately my Sony Vaio began crashing, hanging, and doing all kinds of weird stuff. Intel and Sony both told me the same thing: never use a non-customized driver if the computer manufacturer had done any modifications to the driver. It took Sony about 6 months to offer their own customized version of the driver. I installed it and haven't had any problems.

So my advice is to wait until Dell does its customizing and then, if you really, REALLY have to get the latest and greatest, get it from Dell. When it comes to drivers, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/270839-issue-updating-intel-r-hd-graphics-family.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I wanted to do some gaming on my lap top but although my computer and operating system met all the minimum requirements of the game found that the game kept on crashing or freezing I sought advice on the problem and a possible solution via the game website and was advised to try updating my graphics card drivers My graphics card is an Intel graphics drivers - Updating L70-B-119 card Satellite R HD graphics card When I went to the Intel website I downloaded and installed Satellite L70-B-119 - Updating graphics card drivers the Intel Driver Update Utility tool as Satellite L70-B-119 - Updating graphics card drivers advised but when I tried to install the latest driver update I received the following message - A customized computer manufacturer driver Satellite L70-B-119 - Updating graphics card drivers is installed on yourcomputer The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computermanufacturer driver may cause technical issues Contact your computermanufacturer for the latest driver for your computer On further advice I went to the Toshiba website and tried to update the drivers from the 'Download Drivers' section of the Lap top PC support section but when presented with a list of available drivers to select from the drop down menu was unable to find anything relating to graphics card drivers My graphics card drivers are now years old Can you advise stevec

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93786-Satellite-L70-B-119-Updating-graphics-card-drivers