Windows Support Forum

gaming mouse not responding

Q: gaming mouse not responding

I just received a wireless gaming mouse (carpo v2016 2.4ghz) that I ordered from ebay a while ago (oversees seller). I checked before buying that it's compatible with windows 8, which it is. I tested it first before leaving positive feedback and it worked fine. Then literally within minutes of me leaving feedback it stopped working.
I'm using a hp laptop with an i5 core, windows 8 os.
I've tried plugging the receiver into the other 2 usb ports in my laptop and still got no response.
I've replaced the batteries and tested both the first set i put in and the new ones - the batteries are working fine, just not in the mouse.
Could it be my laptop touchpad conflicting with the signal?
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: gaming mouse not responding

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone

This is my first time posting for help, so please bear with me
I have attached a DxDiag which has my system specs to help.

Everytime I go into a graphic intensive game/program I randomly get this error "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.". I do not think it is a hardware issue as the problem only occured when I started to update the drivers.

To solve this, I have tried the following but to no avail;
- Uninstalled and clean installed the latest nividia drivers
- Reformatted my windows drive

I'm still not very sure what is the problem (could be a driver clash or HDD corruption), so i'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. Do I need to run SF Diagnostic Tool?

A:Nvlddmkm stopped responding when gaming

This may be of some assistance:-

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding
Relevancy 49.02%

This problem has been with my PC since probably the rd month after I built it back on New Years Basically what happens is the computer will suddenly loop the current audio sound for - seconds my monitor will enter power saving mode and I have to hold the power button to restart it This only happens during gaming never has happened during video streaming The problem seems to shift from game to game at one point Rocket League would make it happen hangs and [Win during Computer gaming suddenly randomly stops responding 10] within minutes of joining a game almost every time Now it never happens on Rocket League and now happens much more on Battlefield and Insurgency It also usually happens during something rather intense [Win 10] Computer suddenly hangs and stops responding randomly during gaming like an explosion right beside me but this is not the case everytime This problem has followed me from Windows to Windows to Windows I've already done fresh install on each occasion Specs CPU - i k not overclocked GPU - R x [Win 10] Computer suddenly hangs and stops responding randomly during gaming Black edition RAM - x GB RIpjaw X MOBO - asus h m d-plus PSU - EVGA W Bronze Cooler - coolermaster hyper t SSD Windows - Samsung EVO GB HDD - Barracuda TB RPM My temperatures are fine during gaming CPU is around - C and GPU is a - C I have good airflow in the case with a front intake fan CPU fan is blowing towards the exhaust fan at the back Let me know if [Win 10] Computer suddenly hangs and stops responding randomly during gaming you need me to run any king of diagnostics
Relevancy 48.59%

Firsty sorry if this should not Mouse responding of been in hardware - though I am not sure if it is hardware or a software problem The touchpad synaptics on my laptop toshiba l has just started to have a mind of its own Sometimes it is really hard to move other times it will move by itself or not move at all - and most of the time it will move and jump around often clicking several times aswell When the problem first started it was the same for an external mouse but it is fine with an external mouse now maybe before it was the external mouses battery as it is wireless The problem usually starts when the computer has been running Mouse not responding for over minutes and if I restart it while the problem is occuring it will usually Mouse not responding just continue when it starts again Heres what I have tried - Rolling back driver software Changing settings e g Sensitivity Updating driver software Using different driver software Scanning for viruses with Bitdefender Scanning with TrendMicro Online and finally I even took my laptop apart so see if the cable was plugged in right The internal Mouse not responding mouse works fine when an external mouse is plugged in

A:Mouse not responding

The internal mouse works fine when an external mouse is plugged in.For this, do you mean your touchpad works fine when the external is plugged in? If not, I would suggest you feel the touchpad when the problem is occurring. Is there a static build up on the surface? Is it hot? Both could contribute to its behavious going all wonkyAlso, have you tried fully uninstalling the drivers? Also, does the problem occur with the laptop plugged into the power supply, running on batteries, or both?
Relevancy 48.59%

I had an update on my chromebook yesterday and ever since then my mouse crashes after around 15 mins of use .... I Can use tab and switch between my browser tabs but I have had to turn off with off button to restart the mouse then it crashes again ..... I have done a powerwash but it didn't help.... I can plug in an external mouse via USB and that works fine its just the mouse pad. If any one has any ideas on how to solve this please help
Relevancy 48.59%

It says (not responding) when you click on something with the mouse in firefox browser? or programs, games etc? You have to click multiple times to enable programs to respond? First and foremost, you need to check if a driver is missing and if not, go into the application compatibility and make so that older programs will run on your Windows version. I guess you must have Windows 7 for this to work. This worked great for me. I never thought this would work but it did! Good luck and please write back if this worked for you. Sincerely, Jonas Andersson

A:Mouse (not responding)

Compatibility Mode

Run as Administrator
Relevancy 48.59%

My microsoft mouse stopped responding few days ago (usb connection). I opened the device managed and it shows error 24 on the device. I downloaded the latest drivers and reinstalled device but mouse pointer froze in the middle of the screen. I tried plugging in to a different usb post but no results. I used a different mouse but no results either. I tried plugging in my ipod to one of the usb ports and computer is not seeing it. Device manager is not reporting any conflicts with any of the usb ports. Using only the keyboard to move around is really stressful. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Mouse is not responding

Have you tried reinstalling all the USB ports ?

Go to Device Manager. Find Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand.
Right click and uninstall any single entry in there.
Reboot the computer and Windows should reinstall.

If that doesn`t do it,then check connections in case.

Worst case,a mobo problem.

Do you have any PS/2 ports ? Or is that silly question.
Relevancy 48.59%

Please help a few days ago my mouse stoped responding I have tried an alternative mouse which works on another PC and that still doesn't work The led is on and looks like the power saving function stops when you move the mouse but the sursor stays the same I have looked in the Control Panel and looked at mouse and in the hardware tab of the Mouse option there doesn't seem to be any hardware drivers installed Troubleshooting and properties doesn't work in there either I've tried Add New Hardware and there doesn't Not Mouse XP in Responding seem to be a Mouse option in there so I cant add new device I was only using standard generic drivers before and my mouse doesn't come with Mouse Not Responding in XP any special drivers needed Ive tried both USB and PS Mice without any difference Please Help as Mousekeys are doing my head in and I don't fancy re installing my system again after my last Virus encounter where I had to format and start again All help and sugestion welcomed Andrew

A:Mouse Not Responding in XP

possible the Mouse controller went out.

make sure the mouse port aint pushed in too far where it aint getting plugged in correctly.

have you tried a USB port mouse?
Relevancy 48.59%

I've a Dell Inspirion 1525 laptop.

I can use the built in mouse buttons andtouchpad to navigate up and down a page using the scroll bar, can use the touchpad to navigate to other links on a page and hover over items to show icon descriptions. Sometimes I am able to click on a link to launch it in a new window but I then won't be able to navigate round the link. Although I can move the cursor to a text box on a web form, such as google, I can't click into the box to write text. All suggestions greatly appreciated.
Relevancy 48.59%

What does it mean when the mouse does not respond? It will open certain things and others it will do nothing , then just pauses .And it freezes?

A:Mouse not responding

What type of mouse do you have? Is it a roller ball lazer read wireless? Depend a lot on what type of mouse you are using.
Relevancy 47.73%

Bit complicated this one so bear with me I Mouse/Keyboard not responding am having trouble with the USB keyboard amp mouse not working What has happened so far is this I bought a USB PCI card to install in Mouse/Keyboard not responding my Packard Bell iMedia computor This unit has a USB keyboard amp mouse which plugs into the back of the keyboard After fitting the card XP was not able to find the drivers for same I Mouse/Keyboard not responding took the computor along to my local repair man who after checking it out advised that some files in XP were corrupted He was going to do an XP re-install but I suggested that he put in a new second HDD and do a clean install of XP on that and set the original HDD to slave mode This would enable me to retrieve my old files from the old HDD So I now have two HDD s in the unit The BIOS has been changed to boot from the new HDD However I can boot from the old HDD by changing the boot sequence in the BIOS When I boot from the old HDD all is well except neither the mouse or keyboard work The computor has PS sockets on the back for both mouse amp keyboard but even though I plug suitable k b amp mouse into them they do not seem to work I need to access the old HDD to get into certain programs in order that I can get the settings to transfer to the new HDD nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I have an issue about the mouse acting on its own I've check some other threads but they seem mostly from people on laptops so it mostly rounds around the trackpad etc I'm using a desktop and I don't know since when did the mouse suddenly works on its own Some issues that i find happening often is - mouse would automatically raise volume to max or to minimum since i use volumouse to adjust the volume uninstalling it didn't change anything - mouse would automatically quot right click quot not responding usage to Mouse accordingly and make a huge translucent rectangle - mouse would suddenly not work at all and cant click anything though the keyboard still works - mouse would suddenly have different actions for the left button like when i open a new tab in a browser and select that tab upon clicking Mouse not responding accordingly to usage with left button it will suddenly close that tab instead of selecting it - mouse would auto scroll up and down mostly down on anything i'm reading or browsing probably few others but i cant remember now I've re-installed windows many times but it would soon come back to doing things on its own I'm virus free on Mouse not responding accordingly to usage this PC with Avast and a USB virus scanner Mouse is a PS connection and new or old mouse still has the same problem I see nothing suspicious in task manager so i really don't know why this is happening A possibility is in a program or something i've installed but i have no idea what since all the programs i installed seems rather known to most of us View image programs Any idea why this happens It's really bothering not being able to use the mouse properly -Viz

A:Mouse not responding accordingly to usage

Try booting up in Safe Mode and see if you have a problem.

You say "A possibility is in a program or something I've installed but i have no idea what since all the programs i installed seems rather known to most of us."
I see a lot of programs I'm not familiar with.

If you do not have the problem in Safe Mode
Run msconfig/startup and turn off everything non essential...don't turn off your security programs.
Re-boot, and if the problem is gone, start re-enabling your startup programs to try and find which one(s) cause the issue.
You should also check for malware and viruses with more than one program.
Relevancy 47.73%

I got my mom a wireless keyboard and mouse and when i installed it the keyboard would not work so i decided to unistall it and put he old mouse and keyboard back on but when i did so her mouse will not work . can anyone tell me why ?

A:Solved: mouse not responding

I need to know more than that. What operating system are you using. I>E> Windows XP PRO win 2K etc. I f I weere to take a blanket guess you probably needed to install the software first then attach the device unless it's PnP compatible.
Relevancy 47.73%

My Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo T D1826 with XP Home is freezing more and more often. Typically it won?t respond to mouse or keyboard at start up. It doesn?t even respond to the keyboard for boot or settings (F2 or F12). It could also freeze when running a program, be it Outlook or streaming video with E7 or whatever. It only responds to the OFF button. Strangely, before shutting down it says, ? There are other persons etc?.? and displays YES or NO buttons. Then suddenly it responds to the keyboard when I press Y!!!!
One way to fix the problem has been to switch off the mains to make the computer without 230 Volts and then back on but that doesn?t help any longer.

Any tip?

A:Not responding to keyboard or mouse

Hmm. Something is definitely wrong. Just tried to download an update of Adobe Reader because of a security issue. Got the message: Operating System fault (16260.103.5438.8000).
Maybe it all started when I installed ?Windows7 Upgrade Advisor?. Had to download all sorts of junk. etc..
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I've only recently come across an issue when It Should Windows As - Mouse 7 Not Responding trying to use my mouse I've been using this computer and keyboard mouse for years with no problem I have a wireless keyboard mouse keyboard works fine I can move the mouse right click left click only works to highlight folders everything else is non responsive If i try click windows Mouse Not Responding As It Should - Windows 7 icon nothing happens if i try opening closing something nothing happens right click if a window or program was open would close it I thought the batteries might need changing so i replaced them and still the same i thought maybe the drivers had corrupted so i removed them restarted and connected the usb receiver to install fresh and still the same issue This is a very random issue tho i can turn the machine on and it will work fine then at any time it would start spazing out I removed the wireless driver and installed a wired keyboard mouse which worked fine then today started spazing out like the wireless one did Ive removed the wired one installed the wireless one again and it works but did notice web pages would automatically scroll down Ive turned the machine off Mouse Not Responding As It Should - Windows 7 for a while turned back on and the wireless keyboard mouse seems to be working fine for now like the wired one but im pretty sure the problem will happen again i wondered if anyone had any ideas why perfectly working mouses would all of a sudden start spazzing out for no reason

A:Mouse Not Responding As It Should - Windows 7

Are you using a desktop or a laptop?
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a4-tech usb mouse. It was working nice for many month. Now it randomly stops responding lsay freezing and then totally stops. Everytime it does it in this manner.

I know one thing that makes it work, i unplug my laptop's power and the mouse is back to work.. But this means i can only use it on battery and then when i charge my laptop, mouse stops responding periodically (like usb is being disconnected and connected again) and then just totally stops. This is when i don't see "HID Compliant Mouse" in device manager and "USB optical Mouse" in device and printers.

I searched for online solution, they said to "uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Power Management < Properties < Usb Root Hub < Universal Serial Bus Controllers < Device Manager.. I did that but no help

A:Mouse stop responding

I would uninstall the device from the device manager and then reboot and let windows re-detect it. You will have to use the keyboard to manipulate commands until you can get the mouse reinstalled. Seems as if something is causing a glitch to the mouse causing it to freeze like that.
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an HP xw4300 workstation running xp with SP3. I tried to install a new USB mouse and keyboard, which xp would not recognize. Tried support from Logitech, no luck. Then my original mouse & kb would not work either. Tried an old PS2 mouse & kb, will only work in setup, not in safe mode. Tried removing the battery, etc. Cannot input anything to the screen. Any ideas? Tried the HP diagnostics disk, found no problems at all.

A:Mouse, keyboard not responding

Boot into Setup (Bios) in Peripherals and look for USB Legacy and make sure it is Enabled. Also, if there is a setting PS/2 see if that is Enabled as well.
You can also press F8 at bootup and in the Advanced Boot options choose Last Known Good Configuration. Or boot into Safe Mode and do a System Restore.
Relevancy 47.73%

We are running Windows 98 on a Dell machine. Just recently a problem has occurred whereby the computer fails to respond to the mouse and keyboard. This happens only now and then, for no apparent reason, and in various applications. The only way to remedy the problem is to reboot the computer, loosing any open documents in the process. It is not the computer itself that hangs, as on one occasion the Norton anti-virus powered up to run its scheduled scan, whilst the keyboard and mouse were hung.
The only thing we have done new to the computer is to install an extra RAM chip, although I fail to see how this can be connected.
MY husband is saying we need to reinstall Windows 98, but I am not convinced that the operating system is the problem.
Anybody have any tips?

Relevancy 47.73%

the mouse starts to move really fast and files and folders that i haven't clicked open... and when i move the mouse more stuff keeps on opening . the only way it seems to stop is wheni restart it.... this has happened several times.

A:mouse not responding properly

Have you run an av or spyware scan recently?
Relevancy 47.73%

Good afternoon. Here's the situation, my wife owns a Dell Studio desktop. Last week the usb keyboard and mouse are not responding. I tried the following: shutdown the computer; unplug and plug the usb mouse and keyboard; and tried other usb ports. None of these trials work. If anyone has experienced this issue and solved it, please share.

A:USB keyboard & mouse not responding

What kind of keyboard and mouse is it? Is it a factory dell wired keyboard/mouse or a aftermarket wireless keyboard/mouse?? If its aftermarket; is it logitech? if its logitech. you probably will have to try and use a spare wired keyboard/mouse if its wired and go to the logitech site and find the software and or driver(s) for it.
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all,
I have recently changed my cpu and motherboard and when I boot up the system, at the WINXP welcome screen I was not able to get a respond from the mouse.
I know the mouse is working cause it was working before, I also tried another mouse but same issue. It seems like the keyboard also not responding at welcome screen, but it was okay during bootup as I am able to use it to get into the BIOS.
I am installed with WINXP with SP1 and the mobo is a asrock K7VT2 with integrated LAN, audio. I have the audio disabled.
Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks and Regards

A:Mouse and Keyboard not responding

Did you not reinstall the OS after the upgrade? Any time you change the systemboard and CPU You really need to reinstall. XP does not like to have its Brains changed. Try a reinstall and see if that helps.
Relevancy 47.73%

I just got a Logitech MX700 wireless keyboard and mouse combo, both work great I might add. However, one slight problem. After restarting teh computer for any reason the keyboard will work but the mouse will not. If the computer is turned off and then turned back on it works. I've tried installing the new SetPoint software but no luck. And logitech's service has not responed with anything but automated responses. So that leads me to my question, is there a way to fix this? Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 47.73%

My mouse cursor / tourch pad is dead.  No response at all.  I have to use an external mouse (USB).How to resolve?
Relevancy 47.73%

When I turn my computer on the three lights on the keyboard flashes twice and the laser point mosue is on. Then it loads the drivers and it taks about a minute and half for windows to start running. When It gets to the password windows screen the mouse and keyboard does not respond. How to fix this registry problem? I cannot access safe mode or anyhing. I have a Windows XP Operartting System.

A:Usb & Ps/2 Mouse & Keyboard Not Responding

First question: Why do you describe this as a registry problem?

Second question: Which is the USB device?

Third: Is legacy/DOS support for USB enabled in the BIOS?

Fourth: Have you tried regular keyboard/mouse combination?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys so about a month ago my computer started acting very strangly not giving me an signal from my mouse or keyboard and after a couple of restarts wouldn t give me any display or POST when I started it up I recently decided it was a motherboard PSU issue and bought brand new mobo and PSU Well now it starts up just fine but still won t give me keyboard or mouse signals either from either PS or USB slots and I know both the mouse and keyboard are working otherwise The optical mouse turns on and the keyboard lights flash briefly right on startup Keyboard/Mouse responding not but I can t even enter Keyboard/Mouse not responding my BIOS Considering it s a brand new MOBO I assume I have a corrupted windows or something along those lines though it seems strange that I wouldn t be able to enter setup before startup so I m not even sure how I could do a reformat without a working keyboard Any ideas would be very welcome Thanks a lot nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

We had a power issue after which usb mouse stopped "lighting up" and would not move or recognize clicks. Tried ps2 mouse, which moved but still would not recognize clicks. Can't get click on a user on logon screen to do anything useful...

This is a Dell, couple years old, I think about 2.4ghz, 1gb memory, windows xp with online updates.

A:[SOLVED] mouse not responding

H? there kevinflanagan,

If you are using a ps2 mouse than you have to restart the computer before it can find it. If you use a USB mouse than it will find and install itself automatically while still powered up.

To use a ps2 mouse...
Turn off the computer completely, (hold the power button down until shut down if nessesary) hook up the ps2 mouse and then power up.
Relevancy 47.73%

I just bought a new Sweex wired optical mouse. It came with no CD. I plugged it into the usb and it came to life, however it does not respond to movement. The red light flashes and all of the buttons work, but no matter what surface I have the mouse on it does not respond. Please help!

A:Optical mouse not responding, please help :3

C'mon, I know its not too interesting but I'd really like some help.
Relevancy 47.73%

Dell E running XP SP During use mouse kbd USB stopped responding & last night mouse amp keyboard just stopped responding at the time it was downloading a file USB mouse & kbd stopped responding the only action I did which may have caused this was unplug the USB speaker cable I did not stop the device - at that point mouse froze and keyboard not responding File continued to download until complete - so in general PC I would assume is OK if IE amp internet are working OK assume USB is the issue I rebooted PC and now can t get past login screen as keyboard and mouse are not working Removing any other USB device makes no difference It seems to boot OK normal icon amp user logo username amp password screen just no input from keyboard or mouse Tried the obvious using another mouse no difference Went into BIOS settings and USB ports are turned on front amp rear even toggled them which proves that at BIOS options level keyboard will work Removed power lead and held front on button for sec to reset no change Anybody any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Microsoft Wheel mouse optical. After using for a short time it just freezes, sumtimes i hear the dissconnect beep but sumtimes i dont. I wonder if this is a driver problem, i dl'ed the microsoft mouse thing and that didnt seem to help. I really need help cause i cant play my games without a working mouse . Im running win xp pro and can comnnect the mouse via usb or ps2, i dont care whihc i have to use to get it workin.

Relevancy 47.73%

Usually when using an internet browser (firefox or internet explorer) and windows explorer windows, I try to click to switch tabs and it doesn't respond.
It shows (Not Responding) for a split second and won't switch tabs.
I end up having to click a whole bunch of times before it switches.

This same kind of thing happens with explorer windows when trying to restore them from the minimized state. It just won't respond and multiple clicks are needed before seeing any action. This has been happening for awhile now but I figure it just may be another bug.

Has anyone else been getting this problem, or know of any solutions?

A:Not responding on mouse click

Are all your drivers up to date? You might start "trouble shooting" there
Relevancy 47.73%

When i shut my system right down and start up again my mouse does not respond. I have to restart a couple of times and it works again.

I am worried eventually it will not respond at all, any suggestions

Thank you

Relevancy 47.73%

i have a microsoft optical usb mouse and up until about 2 days ago it had been working perfectly. Now it stops responding for some unknown reason.

ive tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in but this doesnt always work and more often than not after plugging the mouse back into the usb plug the base of the mouse doesnt light up.

Has anyone else struck this problem? or know how to fix it?

edit: btw im using windows xp pro if that helps.

A:mouse stops responding

First of all, are you plugging directly to the machine or to a hub? I've seen some issues with hubs and some devices not always recognizing properly.....intermittent life yours. Also, have you tried a different USB port on the machine? As well, have you tried another USB mouse to see if it reacts in similiar fashion?
Relevancy 47.73%

OK id just like to say ANY suggestions are welcome cos i want and responding....Please Mouse not Help!! Keyboard to get my computer running again Ok so the story I was working on my computer and decided to put a different sound board into it I turned it off and realised that my other sound board wouldnt fit so i put the side back on and turned it on evrything seemed to be going well the green caps scroll and num lock buttons flashed and when i got to the desktop i tried to move the mouse and it didnt respond I took the Mouse and Keyboard not responding....Please Help!! mouse out and plugged in another one and rebooted same problem so i figured i would just go commando with the keyboard pressed tab to get off all the startup pop-ups and there was no response from the keyboard either I tried pressing the various lock buttons CAPS etc to see if i could turn them on this didnt work but when it boots up they flash like normal Weird huh Any suggestions welcome thanks Ben Oh and when i turn it off it still puts power to the USB Ports cos ive got a flashy LED Mouse plugged in and it still flashing even though the comp is off And also on my router it says that the computer is connected to the network when its off nbsp

A:Mouse and Keyboard not responding....Please Help!!

Fill in the User Profile and tell us if PS/2 or USB mouse and keyboard, what OS, confirm having plugged the mouse->mouse-port, KB->KB-port etc.
If USB, are the batteries still OK?
Relevancy 47.73%

I am asking on here if anyone has any idea what is going on with my pc as it seems to be non responsive to my mouse but only at random times usually about every minutes It does not allow me to play any games either as the mouse seems to have a mind of its own The mouse clicks do not seem to be responsive mouse not responding clicks to PC but the mouse is fully charged the cursor moves about the screen fine but at random times when you click on something it is as if the pc is not responding to the mouse I have tried PC not responding to mouse clicks using a wired mouse but it is the same with this so it is not the hardware side of things I thought it might have been a particular program but it is the whole pc as when you click on the taskbar it does not change from Firefox to Outlook Express is it as if the computer does not realise you are clicking the mouse It is the same at times when trying to click on something in a window It does seem that the one thing that makes it responsive again to the clicking of the mouse is CTRL-ALT-DEL and bringing up the task manager I have tried shutting it down running C Cleaner to see if it was something crap that was causing it but it is still the same I have tried running AVG as well but that came up clear and was fine I have also tried System Restore back to Saturday when it was working fine but it is still doing the same thing after the pc was restored It has only been like it since yesterday so I have not got a clue what has happened Any help will be greatly appreciated nbsp
Relevancy 47.73%

I've been using this older tiny mouse on my laptop since I bought it and I decided to buy a new mouse. I bought a Gigabyte Optical Gaming Mouse. The first day I plugged it in, it installed the drivers and worked just fine for about 3 hours. After the 3 hours it randomly just stopped working. I unplugged it, tried different ports and even did a reboot(twice into safe mode). It worked once after the safe mode boot but stopped working again and hasn't worked since. I've plugged the new mouse into another computer and it worked fine. I also tested my old mouse on my laptop again and it works just fine. So I don't know if it's the mouse or the computer or what. Any help is appreciated.

A:New USB mouse powered but not responding

Quote: Originally Posted by turtleboi99

I've been using this older tiny mouse on my laptop since I bought it and I decided to buy a new mouse. I bought a Gigabyte Optical Gaming Mouse. The first day I plugged it in, it installed the drivers and worked just fine for about 3 hours. After the 3 hours it randomly just stopped working. I unplugged it, tried different ports and even did a reboot(twice into safe mode). It worked once after the safe mode boot but stopped working again and hasn't worked since. I've plugged the new mouse into another computer and it worked fine. I also tested my old mouse on my laptop again and it works just fine. So I don't know if it's the mouse or the computer or what. Any help is appreciated.

Hi turtleboi99,

Please Click on start> type device>open device manager> Right click on Mouse and uninstall the same.

Then restart the system and let the driver load properly and check again. If the issue still persists then clean boot the system:

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

If the issue still persists then try the mouse in safe model to isolate the issue:

Safe Mode

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to thread it but.. anyways..

My mouse pad isnt working!! But when I plug in a USB mouse works fine.. and when i take it out the mouse freeze. My brother has the exact same laptop.. and the same problem too! Both of our mouses stopped working at the same time.. with the time distance of 1 day..

A:Inbuilt mouse not responding.

Update your drivers from here:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm using Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OEM version with sp2.

I always left my computer on overnight for downloading files. Sometimes when I woke up from sleeping, I can see the light on my network adapter is still blinking, BUT my keyboard and mouse stop responding. At that time, the running program are only BitComet 1.0 and antivirus software.

I try to reinstall Windows to solve this problem, but the problem is not gone. Sometimes my keyboard and mouse are not responding.

Why this happened?

More details: Many times Windows does not detect my network adapter even the driver is installed. Each time when this problem occured, I can solve it by removing the network adapter and replug it in by pressing the adapter very hard.

I don't know whether my keyboard and mouse problem is related to my software or hardware.

Any advices?

A:Keyboard and mouse not responding

Is this a wireless mouse and keyboard? Some wireless devices have power saver settings that can shut them down if they are not in use for an extended period of time. It could also be a receiver related issue.
Relevancy 47.73%

I ve tried different mice on this laptop as I prefer them greatly over the eraser head and touch pad and none of them will connect is a Targus wired mouse that worked last week and suddenly does not anymore and the other are Microsoft wireless laser and optical mice All of them use a USB to plug in as my laptio doesn t have any of the circular mouse ports I ve tried changing the batteries finding software from Microsoft Control Panel Hardware-Adding Troubleshooting Rebooting Disconnecting and Re-Connecting and now I m all out of ideas The wireless mice has receivers that keep a steady green light ThinkPad Mouse to Responding Not USB but the mouse itself won t budge http tinyurl com mouse is the st wireless mouse where the receiver will keep a constant green light and the mouse won t respond http tinyurl com mouse is the nd wireless where the receiver will blink green when i hold down the butotn but will stop USB Mouse Not Responding to ThinkPad once i let go and I have tried to oress the connect button but that won t do it The red laser on the bottom stays lit but it simply won t go anywhere http tinyurl com mouse is the new fresh out of the box wired mouse that worked for several days but now will not work I plug it in the laser comes up underneath the mouse and stays on but the cursor will not move I tested it on another laptop where it worked just fine I m not sure where on the computer I should be looking to find how to fix this I ve looked at the BIOs but have had no such luck Running on Windows XP Pro Any and all help s appreciated P S soryr if this is the wrong area for my thread wasn t sure if this should be in quot Other Hardware quot or not nbsp

A:USB Mouse Not Responding to ThinkPad

First info we need is which model of thinkpad. USB 1.1 or USB 2.0
Do other USB devices work?
Does a full size logitech usb mouse or Microsoft USB mouse work. The Targus has always been a trouble-prone mouse with many reported failures, as have some other "miniature mouse" products sold for laptops.
Have you tried cleaning the USB ports with called air, a Q-Tip and 90% alcohol?

Some Thinkpads had a problem with solder failure on some models, requiring a replacement by IBM Lenovo.
Be sure all your USB devices are enabled in the Device Manager of System in the Control Panel... and that none of them have yellow or red flags.
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a problem with my HP pavilion A WB computer s mouse A few months after I got it the mouse would just stop responding Everything else would be okay there was no spyware I had firewall antivirus support and nothing else would freeze The keyboard would work and Stops Everything -- Else Okay Responding Mouse the mouse actually works if you press the right click button to pull up a menu on the Mouse Stops Responding -- Everything Else Okay desktop It s just stuck in the center of my screen and will not move It s a standard -button mouse with a scroll wheel a ball and a Mouse Stops Responding -- Everything Else Okay cord I cleaned the ball gently the wheels inside the core that the ball Mouse Stops Responding -- Everything Else Okay moves and even tried manually moving them to see if the mouse would respond It didn t I tried purchasing a new mouse that plugged into the same PS- port not USB that was a laser optical wireless It was fine at first but the same problem cropped up only a few hours or a day or so later I just uninstalled the optical mouse returned to the mouse the HP computer came with and uninstalled the mouse drivers for it then rebooted It reinstalled the drivers for me but still the same problem What can I do to fix this I m going to go purchase a new mouse tomorrow and hope this works but I really don t understand what s causing the problem

A:Mouse Stops Responding -- Everything Else Okay

Have you checked the Event Viewer for errors related to the mouse, or any hardware or application?
Relevancy 47.73%

RTR- for the site Visit it first if you want a good concept of this review Mouse USB RTR-720 Gaming I ve owned many gaming mice starting with the Boomslang in which was a ball mouse Optical gave RTR-720 USB Gaming Mouse a very keen edge on ball mice due to the lack of the possible situation of the mouse ball sticking from dirt and mechanism cleaning more so the former Nothing was more irritating when your crosshair wouldn t move all the way to your target due to a clog from lint Optical was a clear choice for this remedy but had nothing on a dpi Boomslang ball mouse as long as you kept it clean Now we have laser mice reaching up to dpi and above The RTR- I am reviewing has a dpi cap dpi is a very high resolution for a mouse for First Person Shooters In fact dpi is good using an in-game stock pointer setting generally speaking What I like to do is set my mouse DPI at it s highest setting and tweak the pointer speed settings in the game that way I gain the smoothest tracking Theoretically this should apply where you get the smoothest tracking available but I am unsure if a medium setting on a mouse with a medium setting ingame would give the same results Pros Separate X Y DPI Lightweight Programable with onboard memory No software processes running when connected or on Buttons will never wear out Very customizable Cool Factor out of Ships from USA EUR and Australia LAN parties quot That s a MOUSE Let me try it quot though could be a con if your friends don t let you back on your machine Cons No mouse wheel Mouse wheel emulation scrolls too fast if using MW to change weapons although there might be a way to slow down the scrolling speed have to call Dave again Programming software learning curve could be steep for some users Pal Builder is robust but intimidating they are working on new software Not made for desktop it s hard to double click unless you have a button designated for that Cool geek Factor RTR- Utility will tell you stats about your mouse My mouse has Been on for hours and minutes Has moved for hours and minutes Has moved feet Has button presses Though this may not be a reason to buy the mouse I know of no other program that tracks this kind of information My thoughts I have tried many different brands of mice with the same shape and general size I prefer this mouse for FPS games above any other I have owned I kept this mouse tucked away while I bought many different mice only to have taken them back Conclusion Pros outweigh the cons Getting used to this mouse might take a little time but in the end proves worthwhile If you play Strategy games I would suggest using a different USB mouse along with the RTR- As long as you have no software loaded for the other mouse things work fine and DPI is not affected on the RTR- The guys at http gamingmouse com product website are very helpful and tech support is good if not outstanding when it comes to resolving any issue nbsp
Relevancy 47.73%

Has anyone got any suggestions for a cheapish gaming mouse?

I play MMORPGs mainly (WoW mostly) so Macros buttons are needed. However, I don't need hundreds of them. 4 or 5 should do. If glow colour can be taken into consideration neon blue would match my keyboard. Also, a comfortable design is an advantage.

I would like to only spend 30-40 so Im aware I can not get the best mouse on the market.

Does any body know of any mice that roughly fit my criteria?
Thanks alot,

Relevancy 47.73%

I am looking for a new mouse my budget is up to $50. I use palm grip on my mouse. I was thinking buy this logitech mouse but I don't know if I should go for it or not. So I want to see what everyone else thinks.
Relevancy 47.73%

I was thinking of getting a used death adder off ebay. Are their any new mice for 30$ as good as a death adder? With 2 side buttons?

I was looking on newegg but most mice don't tell you their response time, death adder has 1 ms. idk it seems like if I am not buying razor I am gettting crap.

How about 60$?

A:Gaming mouse for $30?

A lot of razer mice are pretty junkie to be honest.
There are many deathadder and razer fakes in general on ebay, so look into it, it's very common (for new ones). Obviously used ones could just as well be fake, and the seller may not even know it.
The fakes are not bad though I hear.

Most mice can support a polling rate of 1000hz.

Some good mice with good sensors in that price range are Razer Abyssus, Logitech G100s, Roccat Savu, Zowie Mico, and CM Storm Spawn.
Most of those mice use the Avago 3090 with a fairly well implemented ROM AFAIK, but I don't have any myself except the Abyssus.
AFAIK the polling rate on all these mice can be set to 1000hz except the G100s, which is 500hz max.

Sorry there aren't a lot of side buttons available at $30, but the mice I listed above have top performing sensors for a good price.
Relevancy 47.73%

My mouse just died so I need a new one, but I have no clue what mouse to get. I came of a Gigabyte GM-M6800 so every gaming mouse will be an improvement. I have fairly large hands so a big mouse would be a big plus. I did some research and the roccat kone XTD, cyborg R.A.T 7 and the Razer Lachesis are nice sized mice. But I have no clue which one I should get and which is the most durable.
Help is appreciated.

A:Which mouse is the best for gaming?

Well, I personally like Logitech. But I have never had a true gaming mouse, but I am planning on building a new PC and have been researching peripherals for the past few months. No luck with a keyboard, but for the mouse I decided that I wanted to get the Razer Deathadder 2013. I would recommend a Logitech G500s, but reviewers say that it isnt much of an improvement over the original G500. The Deathadder 2013 has a braided chord, which makes it more durable. But it isnt a laser mouse. But that isnt a big deal since its 4G sensor is plenty good. Make sure you get the 2013 version, since the older version hasnt been updated since 2006.
Relevancy 47.73%

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Razer? Logitech?

A:Best Gaming Mouse

I've heard good things about the Logitech G9X, it was the mouse i was gonna pick up. Some people only buy Razers, but my guess its fanboyism. The quality of their mice seems low, and plasticky. I'm gonna pick up the Corsair M60 next time i head over to micro center. you should also consider a quality mouse-pad. Bottom line tho, it whatever suits you the most. The way you grip your mouse, hand size, comfort, type of games you'll play.
Relevancy 47.73%

What mouse

What mouse do u 3D Gamers use? Im after a new mouse and i was thinking optical but i dont mind wires, what refresh rate is the mouse u recommend?

A:What mouse for gaming?

Logitech cordless mouseman optical

I also use a microsoft intellimouse optical at work and much prefer my little logitech mouse.
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm looking for a good gaming that's worth your money. What do you recommend and why?

Relevancy 47.73%

hi not sure if im putting this on right thread but im looking for a good mouse pad for gaming prepaired to spend $35

thank you

A:gaming mouse pad

This is totally new in my book.
Relevancy 47.73%

Do they really make a difference?

I have a Logitech MX Revolution and it's great. Have a Teflon mousepad too which only the MX Rev. can use (so far, could be wrong).
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently bought an ASUS G75 gaming notebook, which is great, and I'm currently using a Logitech M510 usb wireless mouse. I play mostly FPS and it has enough buttons for me, the problem is aiming accuracy when shooting, especially at moving targets. I've tried playing around with the sensitivity, turning smoothing on and off, but it doesn't seem to help. (Maybe I'm just uncoordinated.)

Would a gaming mouse help with this kind of issue? If so, I'd appreciate some recommendations. I'd definitely prefer wireless, especially bluetooth, since the G75 has that built-in. I don't mind paying up if it's a good product and will solve my movement/accuracy issues. Thanks much.

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Logitech G5 mouse and I'm looking to treat myself to a gaming mouse mat. Any advice on what you have or what you think is best or worst + any links to review sites please let me know. Thankyou

A:Gaming Mouse Mat

Personally i have never found a shop bought mousemat that was any good for gaming, there always TOO small. I use a piece of dense foam which is about 5mm thick and cut to 18 inches high by 22 inches wide. I bought it from a craft shop, and found that the extra area is perfect, saving on the need to keep lifting the mouse and moving it back. Especially when using the mouse to "look". Sometimes "size" does matter!
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok, So for my birthday around 6 months ago i got a gaming mouse. For a while I really liked it, even thought i immediately noticed an issue with it. I picked it out of course, so it is my doing, not my parents. Anyway it is the "Sentey Revolution Pro Gaming Mouse", apparetly it is the best mouse sentey makes, according to the reviews. Well they must not make very good mouses then. Anyway to the point, i am looking for an upgrade. I will be using it for mostly Cs:Go, but i am also playing other games now like H1Z1 and a tiny bit of League of Legends. Either an fps mouse or all purpose under 80 dollars. Thanks for the help guys.

A:New gaming mouse

I like my Logitech G700s.
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys I'm new here
I'm currently buying new rigs to complete my computer.
I currently own the newest model of the Alienware x51.
Along with the Alienware I own a Logitech THX Certified Z623 Speaker, Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard, and a Razer Goliathus Small Control Edition.

I am now looking for a gaming mouse
I have narrowed it down to either the Razer Abyssus or the Roccat Kova+.
I WAS going to get the Roccat but then I thought wouldn't a Razer mouse would look much better with my already Razer Keyboard and Mousepad?
So now I'm confused >_<

Which mouse would you guys choose?
If neither please recommend me another mouse with almost the same price tag

Thank You

A:Which Gaming Mouse For Me?

Out of those two, I'd go with the Roccat Kova+

If you're willing to spend a little more however, the Razer Deathadder is also a very good choice.
Relevancy 47.73%

I want to buy a new gaming mouse but theres so many out there I cant decide what to buy Anyone have some suggestions Im looking for a high quality gaming mouse willing to spend max Right now im using a Logitech G http www newegg com Product Product asp Item a Need Mouse.. new Gaming N E I want to buy a new mouse because I think its broken but ive only had it for a little over a year Randomly I ll hear that chime of something being removed or plugged into my USB port and Need a new Gaming Mouse.. my mouse will stop working and the lights will turn off as if I unplugged it I will have to jiggle the USB connection to get it come back on It also seems that there is something wrong with its laser It seems that its somewhat off I cannot draw a straight line with my mouse in paint for example Because of this im not really optimistic about buying another G I was looking at the Logitech MX http www amazon com Logitech-MX -Laser-Cordless-Mouse dp B UM JW and the Logitech MX http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E If you know a better one that you would recomend please list it Thanks in advance Cody nbsp
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok, here goes ... I have recently purchased a Saitek Gaming Mouse 1600 dpi... really good mouse ... It was going good for maybe the first week then suddenly it woud disconnect and reconnect it self every so often... for example im Playing Counter Strike and then my mouse has no response... It is a USB mouse if the helps... Some times the roller doesnt work but will work if i take the usb out of the port and replace it back. my pc always makes the noise u know that somthing has connected to the pc and disconnected ... thats the noise it always make and gives me no response from my mouse ... does any one have any ideas on how i can resolve this problem to sotp it form doing so???

A:I need help with my gaming mouse

any ideas cause it should be and easy resolution i cant get around
it just disconnects and reconnects i just wante it to stay conected
Relevancy 47.73%

Has anyone tried a gaming mouse? The claim is that better resolution of the optical sensor is supposed to give better response time?
"The Logitech MX optical engine is now even better. High resolution is combined with high frame rates to deliver superior performance. This revolutionary 800-dpi sensor now captures an incredible 5.8 megapixels every second. Able to track up to 15 G's of acceleration, you get instant response to your fastest movements."
I've never had a problem with my mouse, but I've just seen these things popping up recently and wondered if there was any advantage to them. I wouldn't think an enhanced sensor would give me any help over a few nanoseconds.

Relevancy 47.73%

Recently I bought a RedDragon lava wolf gaming mouse to help make Lineage a little easier The mouse is great I love it only issue I have and i m hoping someone here can help is it came with utterly no instructions on how to run the software I checked the box and the net and just nothing The mouse comes with two modes profiles each I set up the first set help mouse Gaming of profiles easily though the macro function on my summoner does not like to work When I switched over to the second mode to set up for the high rate server i play it reverted the original mode to be identical I was under the impression that mode meant completely different profiles other wise what the point On the bottom Gaming mouse help of the mouse as well there is a way of switching the modes with out having to open the program That has Gaming mouse help not worked once I know i m an utter noob when it comes to gaming mice but Gaming mouse help does anyone have any suggestions or know what is going on nbsp

A:Gaming mouse help

Hi and welcome to TSG.

I can't actually check the video at work as youtube is blocked, but are these any help? I believe they are reviews on your mouse and may well cover things like the software etc.
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all,
Can u all please suggest a gaming mouse for under 50$ please

PS- i am using microsoft wireless mouse, for reasons i dont know, i find myself having wrist pains and wrist getting swollen, i guess its because i use mouse almost all the time the 24x7

Please suggest for me a mouse in which i don face wrist pains

Thanks in Adv people

A:Gaming Mouse under $50

Changing your mouse is sort of like applying a band-aid when a tourniquet is needed. The tendons that are used to move your wrist go through little sheaths when they move. Repeated use can inflame the tendons and make them rub up against that sheath rather than gliding through it. You need to get that inflammation down. Changing to a different mouse may sort of help by altering angles in your wrist, but not much since they all have the same basic design.

You should consider one of those wrist rest mouse pads and taking some NSAIDs. Or learn to use a trackball.
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey there!!

I need some advice in buying a Gaming mouse... I am a LEFT HANDED USER and i was wondering which mouse will be suitable for me..

I need a mouse in the range of 1000-2000 dpi..

I was thinking of a Death Adder BUT its design is such that it is suitable to only Right Handed users.. Unless a Left Handed Death Adder is available its a different issue.. Oh and yeah, please let me know if special Left Handed user mice are available also...

I guess the Copperhead, Diamondback, Death Adder, Logitech MX518 and the G5 are the best but i wanna know which one will be best for MY NEEDS...

P.S. You can suggest other mice also.. Like any Microsoft mice or w/e...

A:Best Gaming Mouse for me?

Well the Lachesis is like 4000dpi, and thats way to sensitive for me... I have considered it but i figured it isn't the right one for me...

Are there any good Microsoft mice also? I've seen the Habu, but then again, its more right-hand oriented
Relevancy 47.73%

just thinking of getting a gaming mouse, i figured if it could handle gaming, then it could handle everything couldnt it?

so guys, whats a good gaming mouse, at the moment im looking at the Razer Salamander or the Diamondback, just cause they dont have those fancy customize it yourself- buttons (i think), didnt choose Logitech cause they look so complicated...

A:gaming mouse

Had a look at the Logitech g5 or g7? The g7 is cordless. THey are not complicated at all, only thing is I dont like the scroll wheel on the g5. But it operates very smooth.
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, All!

I'm thinking about a new mouse. I'm looking for better accuracy, but also I'd like to free myselft of getting the cord stuck in the middle of gaming. I was also thinking about going optical, so no more stumbling over the inevitable pretzel crumbs on my mouse pad.

So, a wireless optical mouse? Any good for gaming, or am I asking for trouble?

I''ve heard not so nice things about optical mice, re accuracy. Is this true?

A:Gaming Mouse?

O own both a Logitech optical mouse(corded) and an Intellimouse explorer(cordless) and can't tell a difference in the function of them. The Intellimouse was almost twice the price but it is cordless and I've had no problems out of it. Some people do seem to dislike the Logitec mouse though and claim it doesn't work right in XP, but I had no problems with it, I just decided I wanted the cordless and went with the Intellimouse. As for gaming, I have used both and neither have given any trouble. I did have a little trouble to begin with until I got rid of my mouse pad because it had a glossy surface, I guess it was reflective enough to interfer with the sensor. I now use an old dull grey pad because my desk is also shiny.
Relevancy 47.73%

Has anyone tried a gaming mouse? The claim is that better resolution of the optical sensor is supposed to give better response time?
"The Logitech MX optical engine is now even better. High resolution is combined with high frame rates to deliver superior performance. This revolutionary 800-dpi sensor now captures an incredible 5.8 megapixels every second. Able to track up to 15 G's of acceleration, you get instant response to your fastest movements."
I've never had a problem with my mouse, but I've just seen these things popping up recently and wondered if there was any advantage to them. I wouldn't think an enhanced sensor would give me any help over a few nanoseconds.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, this is my first post here so I hope someone can help me.
Last night I put my pc to sleep so that I could use it quickly again today. However, when I went to put it on, the tower booted up but my monitor remained blank as though the pc was off. My mouse did the same (no red light from it) but my keyboards LED's for Caps lock etc. flashed before it went dead.
I have tried a different mouse that was not a usb mouse and it worked so at first I though it was the usb ports but my speakers also use the usb ports and they come on with the computer.
anyone know what's going on? :/

A:monitor, keyboard and mouse not responding.

"I have tried a different mouse that was not a usb mouse and it worked so at first I though it was the usb ports but my speakers also use the usb ports and they come on with the computer"
--- Are you saying that the computer boots up and works ok with the "not usb mouse" which I interpret to be a PS2 mouse?
--- If so it could be the BIOS has reverted to legacy settings
--- Change the battery, start back up, correct the time and hopefully you'll be able to move on from there
On the speakers using usb ports, that can be addressed afterward; in fact it might be a good idea to disconnect the speakers in the above idea
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there. This is my first time posting. i have a big problem, sorry i have no time to introduce myself. the thing is i have a windows xp and all of a sudden when i turned it on the other day my mouse and keyboard stopped responding. everything is still moving around on my desktop so i know its not frozen, but my mouse wont move and i cant type. please help! thankz

A:Windows XP, mouse and keyboard not responding

It may be: A driver causing freezing
Spyware, malware, virus.
The mouse/keyboard drivers.
Have you installed anything recently? Which requires drivers? Are you using USB or PS2 input for the keyboard and mouse?
Follow these steps:
And post a HJT log here:
Relevancy 47.3%

I am running a Windows 98 machine and after around 5-10 minutes of me turning the pc on my mouse and keyboard stop responding.

I have tried unplugging them but they still wont work when I plug them back in.

Everything else on the computer seems fine as videos still play after the mouse and keyboard have stopped responding.

Some help would be great.

A:Mouse & Keyboard stop responding

you sould not unplug and replug the mouse and keyboard while the computer is running. If you need to do so shut it down first.
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been having a problem for quite awhile with respect to the useability of my mouse The mouse is unresponsive then overshoots where I want to go The mouse is the built in mouse on my laptop I have gone to the Control Panel and it says that the device is working properly under the Hadrware slow Laptop Mouse responding tab of the Mouse Properties item I have no idea of how to rectify this Laptop Mouse responding slow problem but it is very aggravating when trying to do anything useful Any assistance would be very much appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Laptop Mouse responding slow Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc D M Antivirus Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I can right mouse click on folders in the C drive, but not on the C drive itself. Same applies to my external drive that is attached. I can't RMC on the DVD drive either.

I ran sfc /scannow but no errors found. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 but want to backup my C drive first and also a bit fearful if there are errors in explorer.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 47.3%

HI I am not mouse Windows responding USB 2000 using windows It has been working fine till recently but suddenly a weird problem has started happening from last - weeks This is hampering my work a lot Please help I use USB mouse While working every few minutes my USB mouse stops responding for few seconds and whenever this happens i see a small icon for a new USB hardware detection on system tray at right bottom corner This icon comes for - seconds and goes off and then mouse starts working It looks as if USB Windows 2000 USB mouse not responding mouse driver stops working for few seconds and suddenly its detected afresh by my computer and then it starts working And many times even this doesn t happen and my mouse totally stops responding And then i am left with no other means but to remove and reinsert my mouse into USB Please help me this problem is driving me crazy This has happened suddenly I don t want to reinstall my whole OS again regards -nitin nbsp

A:Windows 2000 USB mouse not responding

try another usb slot
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been having a problem for quite awhile with respect to the useability of my mouse. The mouse is unresponsive then overshoots where I want to go. The mouse is a AOpen ball mouse but I had a similar problem with an optical one as well, which is why I switched to the older ball mouse. I have gone to the Control Panel and it says that the device is working properly under the Hadrware tab of the Mouse Properties item.
I have no idea of how to rectify this problem but it is very aggravating when trying to do anything useful.
Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All I've never experienced this before days ago I started noticing Chrome was not right Every time I tried to switch between the tabs the tab I clicked on to open would disappear I thought it was a to mouse, not Icons opening. not responding Chrome issue so reinstalled Chrome Icons not responding to mouse, not opening. same problem I then noticed it on Firefox as well Icons not responding to mouse, not opening. I also then noticed icons on my desktop would not open and I Icons not responding to mouse, not opening. couldn't access the start menu However when I press control alt delete and click Start Task Manager it resolves itself for a few minutes but then the problem is back I don't do anything on start task manager all i do is click into it A similar issue I'm also having is I can't get the x to work on a window to close the window and the start menu not working I've just tried booting in safe mode and there are still issues with windows not closing when I click on x I've not made any changes to my laptop or added new software for a good few weeks So today I decided to use the instant reset button on my Lenovo laptop to take it back to original factory settings I backed up all my data To my horror even when I put the laptop back to original settings the problem persists I must admit I did use a Windows tweaking tool but this was months back Since being on this forum I've learned this is a not a good idea if you don't know what you're doing However months approx have passed since I tweaked with no issues This is the tweeking software I used http www tweaking com content page simple system tweaker html I'm even having the same issue when I boot in safe mode So considering there are even issues in safe mode and restoring the laptop to factory settings hasn't helped am I screwed here There is nothing wrong my mouse have tested it on a different laptop EDIT I also noticed I can't drag documents on my desk top to new folders on my desktop

A:Icons not responding to mouse, not opening.

Is your mouse pad behaving in precisely the same way as the external mouse?   That would be the first thing I'd check.
Restoring to factory settings should have taken the machine back to "out of the box" status as far as Windows goes, down to making you re-create accounts, etc., and wiping out any changes you ever made.
This is a tough one.
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a newly reimaged Dell Optiplex GX520. Twice in the past two days, my USB mouse and keyboard have stopped responding. The first time this happened, I simply unplugged them and plugged them back in and the problem was solved. Today, the second time, unplugging did not work. I had to reboot my entire system.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how I can fix it?

A:USB Mouse and Keyboard Stop Responding

have your checked for any updated drivers for them?
Also, they sell usb to P/S s connectors, so you can connect the USB keyboard/mouse to the standard round ports in the back of the pc.
Relevancy 47.3%

We recently moved my computer An EMachine with responding Mouse/Keyboard not at Login Windows XP Mouse/Keyboard not responding at Login if it is important so in the process everything was unplugged and packed for transportation Upon amp reassembly amp of everything and starting the computer I find that once I reach the Windows Login screen with all user accounts my mouse and keyboard no longer function I have unplugged and reinserted each used an air can on the ports restarted multiple times and nothing is working Both light up as if active yet are unresponsive to either moving clicking the mouse or pressing buttons on the keyboard The mouse seems to work as the machine is starting up but once that login screen comes up with the accounts it becomes unresponsive Does anyone know why this is What can I do to fix it Please help me x x I forgot to mention I can cut the power obviously can t click restart with no mouse or do Ctrl Alt Del with no keyboard and restart it in safe mode and the mouse and keyboard work perfectly nbsp

A:Mouse/Keyboard not responding at Login

Go into Device Manager and take a look to make sure everything looks OK. No conflicts or problems. What kind of mouse and keyboard (USB, PS2)?
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi not responding Computer to mouse clicks all The problem I m having is sporadic and does not always rear its ugly head However when it does it is very troublesome What happens is I boot up my computer log in and load up Google Chrome After a few minutes I find that whenever I click anywhere within the browser window or outside of it there is minimal no response By that I mean either nothing happens at all or the window object I am clicking flickers for a moment This renders the computer useless unless I hit ALT F log out and reboot I can open Task Manager and interact with the tabs but I cannot close it once opened I wonder if it has anything to do with some software I Computer not responding to mouse clicks installed recently namely PeerBlock Roboform and HotSpot Shield I ran HiJackThis and can provide a log if required I also scanned my computer with Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing showed up My OS is Windows Professional bit Thanks for your time

A:Computer not responding to mouse clicks

This is quite possible and we will probably move to the Win7 forum. Let's do a malware scan first.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Relevancy 47.3%

hello please help !!
suddenly i need more than one mouseclick to have a response from
computer (batteries are ok) second mouse same problems

A:SLOW responding mouse clicks

hello please help !!suddenly i need more than one mouseclick to have a response from computer (batteries are ok) second mouse same problems========solved with mwavscan and searching this excellent forumthanks very much
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi mouse and responding after Keyboard not bootup Its been a while since I last posted here boy has this site changed I generally know how to fix my pc problems when they arise and if I dont google has been my friend but I have ran into something that has me banging my head on the desk My pc that I built just over a year ago or so has been running smoothly until today I woke up from a nap and booted up my pc and neither my mouse or my keyboard would respond My microphone is also plugged in via USB the light on that is on as with my caps lock key on my keyboard but my mouse light will not turn on after I tried unplugging and replugging it Please note Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup I am unable to enter bios since I cannot get my keyboard working I also am not able to run in safe mode because that also requires keystrokes Keyboard and mouse are in good working order as I am using them now on my Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup secondary PC one that got replaced to type out this thread I took these steps unplugging the USB connections and re-plugging them back in - no results - restarted pc - no results unplugging the USB connections and re-plugging them back in in different locations - no results Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup - restarted pc - no results unplugging USB mouse and used the USB to PS adapter to plug it back in via PS - no results - restarted pc - no results So now that I am unable to get into bios or safe mode what are my options I was thinking of just trying to re-install windows but only as a last resort Thanks in advance I dont think my current system specs are needed to help fix this issue but I will include them just in case to save you guys time Processor Intel core i Motherboard ASRock Extreme X Cooling NZXT Kraken X Memory Geil Enhance Corsa DDR GB Video Card s EVGA SuperClocked GTX Titan Hard Disk s OCZ Vertex GB SSD Toshiba TB HDD Optical Drive ASUS External BR Burner Power Supply CoolerMaster Silent Pro Hybrid w Software Win Keyboard CoolerMaster Storm Mechanical Mouse ROCCAT Kone Pure nbsp

A:Keyboard and mouse not responding after bootup

Nvm for now, it seems to be working now, but not with my mechanical keyboard, I reverted back to an older usb 2.0 keyboard and now it and my mouse both work fine.

though, my mechanical keyboard does work fine on my old pc.

so still a lil confused on that.
Relevancy 47.3%

After using the standby option in Media Center, upon resuming Windows my mouse and keyboard freeze and I have to reboot in order to log back into Windows. I am using a Belkin wireless mouse and keyboard bundle with the receiver plugged into the mouse/keyboard serial ports on the PC (ie. not USB). Also, upon restarting Windows, it reports that the active desktop has been lost and cannot be restored. Any suggestions on how to resolve these issues would be very helpful. Cheers.
Relevancy 47.3%

They are both plugged in and both of them are saying they are saying they are working.They are both USB. The keyboard has it's lights working but i can not use any of the keys! The mouse laser is working but the cursor wont move!! I am stuck and i am in need of help ASAP because i have a major project due in 3 days and do not have the money right know to go into a computer shop and get it fixed. ( if your wondering how i sent this I'm using the local library.) Any help will be appreciated! ty

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello WinXp Home Ed SP Synopsis I recently decided to change my logon UI to another I have done it before mouse logonUI Solved: responding not to with no problem all went well until I tried to logon after the change first thing I spotted was quot Parser Message value creation failed quot Solved: logonUI not responding to mouse at line quot sic I clicked on OK button and the error repeated itself Solved: logonUI not responding to mouse several times but I eventually got to the logonUI and the buttons within the UI do not respond Steps so far Assuming this was a msgina dll problem I booted into safe via the power button entered into sytem changed the name of msgina dll to msgina bak dll Then I renamed my backup of the original msgina dll msgina original dll to msgina dll so all back to the original state as it were Then booted into normal This doesn t seem to have worked and I have googled myself silly I no longer have the factory discs for this OS so doing a repair install isn t an option Not only that I am sure it is this msgina dll but I can Solved: logonUI not responding to mouse t see why I am probably forgetting to do something but I don t think so Any ideas guys Everything else works fine I have absolutely no other problems this is more of an inconvenience than anything else athough I don t like powering down too often without allowing windows to shut down in it s own sweet time otherwise trouble is just waiting around the corner Thanks in advance quot Long time reader first time poster quot nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Work laptop so I don't have my preferred setup.  Anyway, here's what I've got:
Dell laptop running Windows 7 professional, Internet Explorer 9 (less than a month old)
Since IE9 stinks I took it upon myself to download Chrome and had been using that for personal browsing (mostly sports websites, Facebook, etc.).  On Sunday my Chrome browser stopped loading and/or responding to the keyboard unless I moved my mouse.  It seems to come and go but happens less now that I uninstalled Chrome.  I tried running some anti-malware scans but nothing seemed to fix it.  Any ideas?

A:Screen not responding until mouse moves

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
§  Flush DNS
§  Report IE Proxy Settings
§  Reset IE Proxy Settings
§  Report FF Proxy Settings
§  Reset FF Proxy Settings
§  List content of Hosts
§  List IP configuration
§  List Winsock Entries
§  List last 10 Event Viewer log
§  List Installed Programs
§  List Devices
§  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
§  List Minidump Files
§  List Restore Points
Click Go and post the result (MTB.txt). A copy of MTB.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Relevancy 47.3%

I have to click over and over for my system to respond. I saw some great advice and help here...
Windows 7

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey all.

I have a new computer, maybe have had it for a month.
Most of the time, all of a sudden my keyboard stops working without warning what so ever, to get it work again I have to restart the computer, note that the mouse still works most of the time.

If I leave the computer on over the night and when I wake up and check both the keyboard and mouse can stop working.

Sometimes both mouse and keyboard can work without problem for a session.
And when I check on Device Manager there is no error what so ever.

Anyone know what the problem might be? Is my motherboard failing?

My Specs is below under "My System Specs".

A:Keyboard/Mouse Stops Responding

If the keyboard and mouse are connected by USB, try unplugging and then plugging them back in again. I have a similar problem with my PC at work, where the USB mouse stops working at random. Simply unplugging and then plugging it back in gets it working again (until the next time, whenever that may be).

Edit: It's frozen on me about 5 or 6 times so far this morning, once whilst writing this reply.
Relevancy 47.3%

My mouse and keyboard stop responding when working together. The mouse works perfectly fine alone, and so does the keyboard.
So I bought a new keyboard to replace the old one; however, the problem still persists.

What should be done? Thank you in advance.
Relevancy 47.3%

This seems to be a common problem for the company I work for. On some workstations the mouse or keyboard or both randomly stop working (as if they were disconnected). I tried updating the drivers with no success. Any suggestions?

EDIT: when I suspect the keyboard and mouse is not working, how can I be certain the computer is not froze?

A:Keyboard and mouse stop responding

Are the Keyboard and mouse plugged in by PS2 or USB? If it is PS2, try and plug in a USB keyboard and/or mouse, see if there are any responses.. Other things you can try to do to look for a computer response and see if it is frozen is plug in ANY USB device, it should start checking for hardware or at least have something show.

Also the time in the bottom right corner will count up as time passes, this will also tell you the system is not completely frozen, or you could run some type of counting/visual program that loops and continues, see if it runs after the mouse/keyboard stop.
Relevancy 47.3%

mouse and keyboard quit responding. I did a avg scan and it said user32.dll , shell32.dll , ntoskml.exe changed. these are all found in windows/system32 directory. Found 2 trojans in the recycler. avg still scanning. after my keyboard and mouse lock up I reboot and then am ok for awhile.Sending this before I lock up again
help please

A:mouse and keyboard quit responding

Download HiJackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HiJackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose [Do a system scan and save a logfile].
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit [Scan] and then click on [Save log].
3. Post the HiJackThis.log file here. Do not fix anything in HiJackThis since they may be harmless.
Relevancy 47.3%

On startup my niether my mouse/keyboard/monitor fail to respond in the slightest. There's defineatly power going to the mobo, all the wires etc. are seated correctly. It happened the other day then randomly started working again a few hours later. Then, yesterday, my PC crashed and when I rebooted this happened.

I'm running windows 7 64 at the moment and am at a complete loss and would really appreciate any help I can get.

Many thanks,
Henry :)

A:Keyboard/Mouse/Monitor not responding at all.

do you get any beep sounds from your system? how do you know the keyboard and mouse are not working if there is no display? do they light up?

if it was me i'd take the system apart so it's just a mobo, cpu, on board gpu, psu and ram then try booting it up then if it works add one device at a time till i find what's causing it.

might just be the graphics card, could try using the onboard.

i wouldn't recommend doing this if you don't have hardware experience though.
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey everyone, new here. No one, even Compaq, can figure this problem out. Most times this happens when I am opening IEXPLORER or sometimes it just seems to happen after it's open. I will attempt to open IEXPLORER and my mouse will hang (stop responding) for about a second, then jump back into action. Say like opening up the web browser, and moving your mouse around in a circle, it stops even though you are still moving it.

It also does this just when NOTHING is open on the desktop. Just stops for about a second, then springs back. Here's a list of thinngs I have tried;

Destructive Restore
Took mouse apart, cleaned ball and sensors
New mouse connected, same issue

Windows XP Home Edition
Vers 2002
Service Pack 1

Compaq Presario
AMD AthlonXP 2000+
1.67 GHz
224 MB Ram

Anything else anyone needs to know, just let me know.

A:Mouse hangs, stops responding

The problem is likely that something is causing the PC to run at 100%, so the mouse does not get recognised while that is happening.

Don't blame the mouse in that case.

Rune the Task Manager (Alt - Ctrl - Del) and keep the Performance tab open, see what the % of CPU is when it happens?
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All I recently built my custom PC Just changed the cabinet everything is working fine after the re-built but for some reason my Amkette Optimus Wireless and Mouse Wireless not responding Keyboard Keyboard and Wireless Keyboard and Mouse not responding Mouse It was working fine but after I reinstalled my new cabinet it is behaving weird when the system boots up I'm able to press the DEL key and get into the BIOS but keyboard and mouse are working fine As soon as I reach the Windows login screen both keyboard and mouse stop working Sometimes I'm able to reach to the desktop by typing in my password but once I reach the desktop it works for a minute or so and I get the error quot Software Installation Failed windows was unable to install the device drivers quot and the both keyboard and mouse stop responding and eventually I need to reset the PC I tried plugging in the receiver to different USB ports as well as as well as onto a USB Hub it works for a minute or so once the Windows is booted up and stops responding This is really frustrating me I checked the settings in the BIOS as well everything looks fine More over the keyboard and mouse work fine during POST most of the time I also did try booting into Safe Mode and check even in the Safe Mode the keyboard and mouse stop responding as soon as the login screen is displayed I'm not sure from where to download and upload the drivers as the manufacturer does not have one Since the keyboard and mouse are not responding as soon as the windows is booted up I'm hardly getting a chance to troubleshoot the issue as I mentioned earlier sometimes once I reach to the desktop I do see a message related to device driver installation failure This is really frustrating me please do help me Eagerly waiting for a resolution Here is my configuration Corsair R Corsair VS PSU AMD FX Corsair H i CPU Cooler GB Transcend DDR Mhz RAM GB x SATA HDD GB x SATA HDD ASUS M A Rev MB Thanks in Advance

A:Wireless Keyboard and Mouse not responding

If the problem has only occurred since you replaced the cabinet I would recheck all your connections again, such as, HHDs' both power & SATA, all PSU to motherboard leads etc., to make sure they are all plugged in properly.
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys,

I recently recieved a Wacom Graphire3 fopr Chirstmas. I returned to my apartment last night and plugged it in. Everything worked fine last night; however, this morning when I woke up, the mouse and keyboard were no longer responding. I assumed that it was because of the tablet, so I restored my system to before I had installed the drivers. Didn't work; keyboard and mouse still not responding. I just ran down to a computer store and bought a USB to PS/2 connector. It recognises the connection and lets me use both the mouse and keyboard, but then tells me that the USB has reached its power limit. As it stands, I can use my keyboard on its own, using the tablet as my mouse. HOWEVER, I'd like to go back to the way things were. Any ideas?

Relevancy 47.3%

Good Morning everybody I Mouse responding.Lights USB Out stops have quite the problem here at my office This one really has me stumped FYI- I m in an USB Mouse stops responding.Lights Out office environment where power is terminated in the cubicles with several outlets in each one The position of the cubical is away from the wall there is a support column that comes down on the other side of her desk that has power running through it to her cubicle row Here s the lengthy run of events Six months ago we bought a Dell Optiplex actually about These models only have USB no PS s Five months ago a User received one of these PC s with her required software The profile was freshly put on and did not use File amp Settings Transfer Wizard I received a call about a month later of the user complaining that her mouse stopped working I used the keyboard to reboot the machine the mouse works I received another call later days that the mouse stopped working Unplugged the mouse plugged the mouse back into a different location on the rear panel Mouse works Few days pass by- The mouse stopped working plugged mouse into the front USB ports A week later due to user giving up and just unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in the mouse stopped working Looked at the Event Log- no events Unplugged mouse plugged a new Optical mouse into the front header for easier access Plugged thumb drive into rear USB port Another week later- the mouse stopped working flipped mouse over each time here after to verify optical light is off I used the keyboard to verify that the thumb drive works- it does not I unplugged the power strip which had PC Monitor and Florescent light plugged in and plugged it into a different outlet on the cube I plugged in a self powered HD in place of the thumb drive Again the mouse stopped responding I built user a NEW Optiplex again a fresh profile Same issues No events multiple mice I called Dell had Mobo sent to me as I am Dell Certified Installed same issue I put in another call to Dell requested Mobo and Front panel Issue still exists I installed a Microsoft Intellipoint driver problem still exists Used another running Optiplex power supply and swapped the used for the reoccurring mouse problem PC s PS Problem still exists All the while I kept asking user What are you doing prior to the mouse not responding She replies I walk away and do filing or I print or I open Excel or Outlook or Word or other software I have on my PC including Internet Explorer Last Friday I take a different used Optiplex - swap her HD with its HD I also take a new out of carton Power surge protector new mouse new keyboard new monitor and all new AC cables I installed all products I plugged the light for the cube directly into the cube power outlet I plugged the PC and monitor into the surge protector the protector into a different spot Turned PC on and tested All works fine Received a call today Tuesday days later that her mouse stopped responding Help I would like ANY recommendations Even if you read this post- post ANYTHING that you think of I ll try anything nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell 64 bit computer with a wireless logitech mouse and keyboard with Vista. When I turn on my computer the mouse works properly, but after about a half hour it starts to slow down becomes hard to control and hold it down a long time or click several times to get it to respond. I changed the batteries but that didn't help. I am frustrated and need help.

A:Solved: slow non responding mouse

Is Vista configured to best performance? Go to your Start button - the bottom left of the screen - right click "Computer", click properties, then on the left side of the screen that just popped up click "Advanced system properties". It should be at the advanced tab, but if it is not click the "Advanced" tab. Then in the performances box click "Settings". It should have "let windows decide whats best for my computer" "adjust for best performances" "adjust for best appearance" click "let windows decide what is best for my computer" This might fix it. If it doesn't, update the driver if you haven't. If THAT doesn't work, plug your mouse into another computer and see if the problem continues. If it does, get a new mouse.
Relevancy 47.3%

after my computer was not connecting to websites even though it was saying it Mouse keyboard responding after not and restart was connected to the internet i decided to run Mouse and keyboard not responding after restart a virus scan it found nothing and then restart my system but after booting up my mouse and keyboard just suddenly stopped responding My mouse is a USB and my keyboard is a PS whenever i unplugged the mouse and plugged it back in i would get a message saying that it was installing drivers for a new device but even with an internet connection it will fail every time i can t unplug my keyboard because it has always required to be plugged in at start up in order to work after several restarts later i still got the same results but what a did notice is right before windows boots up the red light from the laser on the bottom of the mouse will be on and then turn off once windows starts loading the keyboards number lock will remain Mouse and keyboard not responding after restart on the whole Mouse and keyboard not responding after restart time and i cant turn it off I then used different USB mice and a USB keyboard that i could found around the house and get the same unresponsive results i have tried booting in safe mode while confirming that the keyboard works while in BIOS once in safe mode i get the same results no responding at all from either of them I am running on Windows ghz AMD processor with gigs of RAM and an almost full gb HDD please help thanks nbsp