Windows Support Forum

Network printer properties/advanced settings issue

Q: Network printer properties/advanced settings issue

English is not my native tongue Network printer issue properties/advanced settings I apologize for any misspells or Network printer properties/advanced settings issue similar in advance I m connected to a Konica Minolta C network multifunction printer I have never had any similar issues with any other of my printers Let me also say I work in traditional Desktop view I have no issue printing not once did it refuse a print job Issue below are not tied to a specific software I ve experienced it in software from at least Microsoft Autodesk Adobe Foxit When opening Print Dialog I am mostly not allowed to go to Printer Properties Printer Advanced Settings I say mostly because every now and then I am allowed When hitting the Properties button my system freezes A popup dialog box appears stating different things but the last couple of times it has been A RPC Remote Procedure Call could not get through Or similar remember I m not using an Network printer properties/advanced settings issue English system I hit OK At this point the software is frozen and locked I have to go via Task Manager and Kill Task Meanwhile all other running programs are not affected So the story above could just as well include a slightly different popup dialog box message but the problem is the same I can always print with my standard settings but if I want for example multicolour or duplex I have to have a separate printer installation for that So if I go to my Control Panel - gt Units and Printers I do actually face the exact same problem I enter C Printer Settings but if I now try to go to Printer Properties Printer Advanced Settings everything freezes for a second flashing in system background colour and I m back to Desktop view Then if I update reinstall my printer driver everything suddenly works like a charm I don t really know if it works for a specific amount of times entries a specific amount of time or until next system restart As said I could make a number of printer installations like Simplex B W Simplex Colour Duplex B W and Duplex Colour But I want to understand what is wrong too Win x C driver Resultat av download - KONICA MINOLTA Sverige Thank you so much for your interest in my problem

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/32297-network-printer-properties-advanced-settings-issue.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network printer properties/advanced settings issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.99%

I am really stuck on what to do here My first problem is that when I open some games the screen is off center and there is a large black bar at the bottom of the screen and the top of the game screen is not visible When I change the screen resolution or just the resoultion or window for the game to run in it does not make a difference After searching for a long long time I came to the conclusion that perhaps the driver for my video card needs to be updated I have no idea what my video card is so I was trying to find out Now to my current problem When I right click the desktop to bring up the Display Properties and Advanced :( = Error! > Settings > Display Properties click on the Settings tab when I try to click the Advanced button to bring up the properties for the monitor and video adapter I get a Windows Error Message that reads Run a DLL as an App Display Properties > Settings > Advanced = Error! :( has encountered a problem and Display Properties > Settings > Advanced = Error! :( needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience and it refers to AppName rundll exe So I have NO idea what is going on here I ll be the first to admit that I do not know anything about programming computers so I would appreciate any help or idea from anybody I thank you in advance for you help Rachel nbsp

A:Display Properties > Settings > Advanced = Error! :(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-settings-advanced-error.614845/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello i Have the above problem while I try to share a printer on a domain network.
My windows firewall (localy) is also damage, is that the problem that I have to solve first?

Windows 8  - cannot share a printer error message appears "[Window Title] Printer Properties  [Main Instruction] Printer settings could not be saved.  There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.   [OK]

A:Windows 8 - cannot share a printer error message appears "[Window Title] Printer Properties [Main Instruction] Printer settings could not be saved. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. [OK]

You may need to reinstall the printer. Remove the printer driver from Control Panel\Programs and Features, then add the printer from Devices and Printers.

Please note that if the printer driver is not in the list in Devices and Printers, I suspect that the printer is currently not compatible with Windows 8. In this case I suggest you contact the printer manfuacturer for more information.
Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c50023fb-6450-40ee-8239-5ab532f29b7d/windows-8-cannot-share-a-printer-error-message-appears-quotwindow-title-printer-properties?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi!

I've been trying to configure my network so i can use hamachi, and one of the steps is to move hamachi top the top of the list in Advanced Settings -> Adapters and Bindings, but the thing is, there's just one item there, called (remote access connections).

I'm puzzled on what that means and how/if i can fix it

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Can't see anything under Network Connections -> Advanced -> Advanced Settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-see-anything-under-network-connections-advanced-advanced-settings.732245/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have an NT server that has an HP 4050 three-tray printer set up on it. (The 4050 printer is attached to a print server on the LAN) When I go to the NT server to adjust the printer properties so that the printer will print to tray tree instead of tray two and click OK, the server does not remember the settings. So when I go back into the printer properties the configuration is still set up to print to tray 2. Does anyone have any suggestions I can try out? I already tried re-installing the driver for the printer.

A:HP 4050 printer properties on NT server can not remember it's settings

Have you check the defaults on the front control panel of the printer? If the printer thinks that there is not the correct paper in tray two, then it will go to the next tray that it thinks has the correct paper.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-4050-printer-properties-on-nt-server-can-not-remember-its-settings.64207/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey,

This is my first post here or anywhere relating to my computer problems. I am going into Computer>manage>device manager>network adapters>my adapter>rightclick>properties>advanced and I am trying to change the "property" from "802.11d" to "wireless mode" (under value next to "wireless mode" it says IEE 802.11b/g/n) which i believe my BT internet supports, but when I click on it and press OK, I go and check what it is again and it has reverted back to the original 802.11d. I have tried this with a different network adapter so it is not due to the adapter Id think! The other network adapter has different settings under "property" with Network type (with value infrastructure or ad-hoc) and wireless mode. Any help appreciated, let me know if you need more information I will give it immediately!

A:NETWORK ADAPTER- cant change advanced settings from 802.11d

problem solved

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335334-network-adapter-cant-change-advanced-settings-802-11d.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (no, clean install is not an option on this machine)

So the problem is that any changes I make in the Advanced Sharing Settings in Network and Sharing Centre are getting changed but their effects are not taking place.

For example I disabled sharing of the "Users" folder, that didn't work, it still shows up.
I disabled Password Protected Sharing, that didn't work, I need to put a password each time.
Please help.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43581-advanced-network-sharing-settings-changes-not-working.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I don't get it..
It's nothing to do with administrator access or not..
every time I go into network connections and do ALT choose Advanced and then try to press Advanced settings I get this:
"Advanced settings could not be displayed at this time because 6to4svc.dll is accessing the same information please close the 6to4svc.dll window(s) and try again"
What am I to do?

A:6to4svc.dll will not let me access advanced settings in network connections.

Can't anyone help me out?
is this a virus?
How would I be able to get raid of it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/6to4svc-dll-will-not-let-me-access-advanced-settings-in-network-connections-410155.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I m trying to set up network sharing with my Windows laptop advanced sharing settings freezes! network Wireless window and but I ve hit a wall after following guides In the sharing tab of the wireless connection properties window I can check the box to enable shared networking for my Local area connection but the guide I ve seen says I also need to go into advanced settings in the sharing tab as well to check the boxes of all needed networking protocols The only problem is that I can t get into advanced settings Every time I click the settings button in the sharing tab of my wireless connection properties a grey box saying quot please wait quot pops up and the window freezes I can never get past this please wit box and so I can t check the required boxes in advanced settings For reference here s the video guide I was watching http www youtube com watch v bALXVEDUd is where I get stuck Do you guys have any idea what could be causing this freeze and what can be done Wireless network sharing advanced settings window freezes! Also is there another way to check those boxes without going through that settings button Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless network sharing advanced settings window freezes!

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-sharing-advanced-settings-window-freezes.1074905/
Relevancy 68.37%

The probelm only happend on 1 win7 PC, suddenly the PC slow to open some network printer properties that also makes slow to print.

1. On the PC nstalled 3 Network printer A,B,C open B properties is normal fast, but slow to open A,C.
2. Others PC also installed those 3 network printer and No problem.

I have replace NIC, Reinstall/Repair Win7 but no success, How to trace/diagnose PC to Printer communication so I can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks

A:Slow open Network Printer Properties

Printer shares often work more quickly and efficiently with uPNP enabled in your router, depending upon exactly what you are calling a network printer...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/208665-slow-open-network-printer-properties.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi In Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on a MS Windows Pro PC in the LAN that is joined to a Windows domain and has an IPv address in the private IP range I created outbound rules that block SMB Advanced network with browsing an causes Windows Security with unexpected Firewall issue connections to the Internet hosts see http blog cylance com redirect-to-smb for more info on why you Windows Firewall with Advanced Security causes an unexpected issue with network browsing would like to do it For that outbound rules I use the following settings - Local IP address Any IP address - Remote IP address These IP addresses gt Add gt Predefined set of computers Internet - Remote ports UDP UDP TCP TCP Below you can see how the rules look like in the Group Policy Management Editor the intention is to Windows Firewall with Advanced Security causes an unexpected issue with network browsing apply these rules with a GPO The following tests show that the rules work correctly on the test PC - When the rules are disabled the test PC can connect to a shared folder on a Windows PC accessible on a public IPv address - When the rules are enabled the test PC cannot connect to the same shared folder on a Windows PC accessible on a public IPv address In both cases the test PC can connect to shared folders in the LAN But with the rules enabled we also noticed that the test PC cannot browse other PCs in the LAN through Windows Explorer Also quot net view quot command returns System error has occurred The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available After additional investigation we found out that disabling the rule for port UDP solves the issue The question is why does network browsing not work in the LAN when the firewall rule should block only outbound trafic on port UDP to the Internet hosts -- rpr Click here for viewing the image in full size

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/39c00496-09be-45b0-afeb-705871406157/windows-firewall-with-advanced-security-causes-an-unexpected-issue-with-network-browsing?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 63.64%

I am trying to reserve an IP for my computer but when I went to the Connection with issue protocols, missing and services Network Properties clients, properties of my wireless network connection the connection properties window is Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing missing everything except for Client for Microsoft Networks Even the connect using field has nothing Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing in it The wireless connection is working but I can t get to the TCP IP protocol to reserve the IP instead of using DHCP Here is an image of the issue An screen cap of my wireless network connection properties can be seen here http i photobucket com albums hh gremmie untitled jpg Has anyone ever seen this Any ideas to fix it Thanks for any info EDIT I forgot to mention that when I click the install button and click either client service or protocol I get an error message that says quot Could not add the requested component The error is The system cannot find the file specified quot so I can t reinstall the TCP IP Protocol to reserve the IP nbsp

A:Network Connection Properties issue with protocols, clients, and services missing

Click on install then choose protocol then add and see....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-properties-issue-with-protocols-clients-and-services-missing.692118/
Relevancy 62.35%

hi

To add a network printer using GPO isn't a problem, but howto export all printer settings from WIN2008 server into WIN7 client to have the same printer settings on this client like on the server?

A:Add a network printer with all printer settings using GPO

See if this helps you:
Deploying Printers by Using Group Policy
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/222500-add-network-printer-all-printer-settings-using-gpo.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Printer is USB wired to desktop. When I sent a print job to HP laser jet 1018 will not print until restart desktop computer. I believe I must have something set wrong. I just have not been able to find what is wrong. Laptop and desktop are both running windows 7 64 bit. I would be thankfull for any advice. It did fine when I had XP laptop. I am wondering if it has something to homegroup?

A:network printer settings?

Is the printer shared on the host computer, and on the other computers set as default printer ? Also from my own experience with HP printer I had to download a update from HP that fixed communication errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245306-network-printer-settings.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I am trying to establish the DMA/PIO settings of my drives but in Device manager/IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers there is no advanced tab, whats wrong?

Relevancy 61.06%

I am not a novice and I have tried everything I've learned since 1990 to repair this with a Repair Install (got to much to lose). I have a couple of text copies of my registry and even swapped Internet Settings, Internet Explorer hives etc. Ad nauseam from those registry texts and still get this Internet Properties

Any answers to my dilemma?
Thank you

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
using tweaked down Windows Classic Theme
I do not care for the bells, Whistles and
Shinny Thingy's young folks seem to ooo
and ahhh over

A:I Properties/Advanced Use SSL's grayed out windows 7

Have you checked your "Connection" tab setting in your email set-up?

Perhaps the option to use LAN has been accidentally changed to connect using phone line:

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/150830-i-properties-advanced-use-ssls-grayed-out-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a new video card...and I am quite often tweaking its settings in advanced display properties...I have to right click an empty area of the desktop, then select properties, then select the settings tab, then select advanced and finally select Geforce 6800 GS...I want a shortcut to this...I know it's probably simple, but I have not found it. I do not want a program running in the taskbar for it...just a clickable shortcut.

A:Can I make a shortcut to my advanced display properties?

There should be a setting in there to "Display the Nvidia settings icon in the taskbar" I have that on my work computer and at home on my ATI card. There should be a checkbox for that somewhere in your advaced settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-make-a-shortcut-to-my-advanced-display-properties.441594/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Everyone I m trying to set up a home network between two computers Computer no has direct access to the internet via a modem connected using an ethernet cable computer no is the client computer which i want to connect to computer no so both computers have internet access I ve done this before but I ve encountered a message which is probably what is causing an error to occur when i run the network config wizard When I right click on the local Properties... Area Local Advanced Connection area connection icon and go to properties then go to advanced a message is displayed saying that i need to perform a system restore due to windows not being able to display the properties of the connection It then says that the WMI Windows Management Instrementation information has been altered modified I can t type out the message word-for-word due to it being in portuguese Normally this is where I would check a box to Local Area Connection Advanced Properties... allow other network users to connect through the computer s internet connection Can anyone explain to me why this message is being shown and how I may go about fixing this problem Thanks for your time - Tony nbsp

A:Local Area Connection Advanced Properties...

First off, why not use a broadband router? They're cheap, and they do this job MUCH better than ICS. If you must use ICS, try this repair first.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-advanced-properties.593809/
Relevancy 60.2%

in vista ultimate, i created a new user account as an administrator, logged in, and deleted the old account.
when i click on "Configure advanced user profile properties" or "Change my account variables" (under the tasks sidebar in control panel -> user accounts), nothing happens at all.
i cannot figure out any way to resolve the issue.
UAC is disabled, and the new account is an administrator.
anyone know whats going on??
thanks.

A:cannot configure advanced user profile properties...

Is the account password protected?

try this method

Click Start

type Accounts in the Start search box, and then click User Accounts under Programs.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In the User Accounts dialog box, click Change my environment variables under Tasks.
Make the changes that you want to the user environment variables for your user account, and then click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-configure-advanced-user-profile-properties.781391/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

Here is what I am trying to do. I would like to save / backup the mapped drive settings for specific users, as well as mapped printers. I currently have a backup script that grabs the user(s) profile and other necessary files. This is done when logged into the local admin account. Ideally I'd like to just make it a part of this script, but If I have to be logged in as the user to grab these settings automatically it would suffice.

The second half is that I would like to restore them as well through a bat or script file, so everything is done without as much human error as possible.

I am not sure where to grab all these settings from, if anyone has help or suggestions out there it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
B

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/saving-mapped-network-drive-and-printer-settings.752378/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am on a small network where the printer Appears Never "Properties" Printer Network is connected to a PC WinXP The laptop Vista is on the network The printer is an HP Deskjet that is quot shared quot on the network I installed the Vista drivers for the printer on the laptop No issues with connecting to the printer and just plain printing My problem is when I want to save ink and alter the printer s printing properties I am usually printing an email or from Word So when I go to Print and choose the network printer then click on Properties the panel never appears until after I click on quot OK quot to print I tried to change the settings another way through the Control Panel -- Printer -- right click network printer Network Printer "Properties" Never Appears -- Properties Under the quot General quot tab I click on the quot Printing Preferences quot button and the panel flickers like another window was supposed to pop up but doesn t When I close the network printer properties I see another panel appear for less than a second then disappears nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-properties-never-appears.592258/
Relevancy 59.77%

I was watching a Youtube video when , i noticed the sound was a bit low even after turning it to the MAX.
So,as usual i went to my sound settings & clicked Speaker Properties to Enable Dobly Adbanced Audio V2 , (Kindly See Pic # 1) & use some Equalizer options , such as Treble , Rock , Soft etc ...

I am getting this Error , (Kindly See Pic # 2) ...

What do i do ... ?

A:Dobly Advanced Audio V2 not working in Speaker Properties ....

Reinstall the Dolby and see if that fixes it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/373486-dobly-advanced-audio-v2-not-working-speaker-properties.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Genius150 watt 5.1 speaker system Genius
I dont have the realtek driver installed since the sound quality was not satisfying with it so I stayed to the default high definition audio device with stereo configuration.
I have an integrated sound card. This is my motherboard model GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P61-S3 (rev. 2.0)

I want to know what sample rate and bit depth to choose for best quality playback at advanced speaker properties? The default ones are 16 bit , 44100 cd quality like you can see in the below image
I dont understand what is that shared mode either.

If I install again the realtek driver what should I choose then ?

A:[Speakers Advanced Properties] sample rate and bit depth ?

This is the best quality setting by default; however, you might want to try other settings based on your primary listening experience and do an audible compare:

Here is more on the subject. Good luck.

Playback audio format

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/32619-speakers-advanced-properties-sample-rate-bit-depth.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi dear Thanks in advance for your sincere help in this issue The laptop was running fine before automatically the Printer the Network network Printing issue on print stops The printer is Network Printing issue on the network Printer fine Network Printing issue on the network Printer and other can print from their pcs and laptops It is confirmed there is no issue with printers I have an issue with network print from windows bit Laptop to HP Network Printer Laserjet pro M nw or any network printer I have successfully installed network printer by IP address and it is installed successfully with correct drivers When i try to print it wont print and print will be in the queue when I delete the queue after deleting it will show the status of the printer s toner and usage What things stop print command to reach printer Any printer port is blocked I have uninstalled maximum apps updated windows bit OS updated and downloaded HP drivers Uninstalled and reinstalled HP drivers All vain Can you please help me I will be grateful to you forever Thanks alot Is it O S issue nbsp

A:Network Printing issue on the network Printer

Strange issue.

In Devices and Printers right click on the printer and select 'Printer properties' (not 'Properties at the bottom of the list). On the Advanced tab is 'Always available' selected? On the General tab does Location show the correct IP address and do you get any error message when trying 'Print Test Page'?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printing-issue-on-the-network-printer.1094082/
Relevancy 58.91%

I've tried dragging the cursor over it and reduce the size that way but all it does is hide the icons.

My taskbar is now huge because I have a HD monitor now and I've had to change the screen resolution otherwise my display is all of shape.

A:Solved: Which setting under Properties, Appearance, Advanced will change the taskbar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-which-setting-under-properties-appearance-advanced-will-change-the-taskbar.1119228/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey, how are you?

So I'm trying to connect to the internet via wireless. I have this sheet that tells me step-by-step instructions on how to do this (connect to my work network). The problem is that when I right-click on 'Wireless Network Connection,' only the Networking and Sharing are the only options that show up. I need the 'General' 'Wireless Networks' 'Advanced' tabs to continue my set-up. Am I clicking on the wrong thing? This also happens with my 'Local Area Connection'.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214925-missing-general-wireless-networks-advanced-tabs-properties.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I havent had too much experience with Vista until lately so I ll explain the best I can Quite simply I recently installed a second computer into an office that has of course Windows Vista on it Everything has run smoothly with setup and configuration except for the printer sharing I ve set it up with password protected sharing and upon the initial setup the printer was installed and working perfectly When the box popped up to enter network Printer issue user name and pass to access the printer on the network from the other computer I made sure to check the box remember password My problem or I should say the offices problem now is that every time they shut down the computer Printer network issue at the end of the work day it wont allow them to use the printer the following morning when they start up the machine Does something reset with user access after the computer is shut down And if so would it be better to just to eliminate the password protection all together I should note the initial reason for password protection was because they were on a wireless network and extra protection was needed But now the computers are networked on a local basis we took out the wireless setup and put a hub in nbsp

A:Printer network issue

When you enter the password, you are making a connection to the device itself.
if the system is shutdown, the connection is lost.

When restarted, you need another connection and --- password is required

WHY PW protect the printer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-network-issue.117081/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am trying to use the network printer that is on my mom's windows 7 computer which is connected to but the network keeps giving me this error code 0x80070035
The network path was not found. The network is also Wireless so I can use it one my laptop which i'm on windows 8 the error shows up when I click on the network icon and it shows my name of my laptop and the name of her computer I have tried talking to Microsoft people they keep telling me that it's the network not the printer they keep giving me forums that don't help I'm running Kaspersky Pure 3.0 I have tried to add the problem to the firewall since my other windows firewall is disabled I'm lost please help.

A:network printer issue

In order to use the host machines printer via the network...you have to install the driver on the PC that wants to use it. On the PC that want to use the printer via network....go to devices and printers and click add printer....let it search and find the printer, click on the found printer and click to install.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28182-network-printer-issue.html
Relevancy 58.05%

We recently ordered a Network Printer Issue new printer for our small business network It is EXACTLY like the old printer same model and I verified it has the same firmware rev as the old one Since the driver software was already installed on all our machines no need to do that There is a static IP for the printer which is So this is basically Network Printer Issue a swap out to the same equipment but the new printer will not recognize the proper IP address it just reflects the factory default I spoke to the Tech Support people at Brother it is an HL -DN laser and they tried a bunch of things with me and we reset it a few times and they concluded the network card was bad which seems a bit unlikely to me I asked if the MAC address of the printer is an issue since it is obviously different than the old one albeit the same printer spec Maybe we need to update the MAC address on the server router or maybe this isn t an issue Help is appreciated John R nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a small home office running two Dell Dimensions with a Dell 3100cn color laser and Dell 1600 multifunction laser. Both computers have been unable to print to either of the printers. The only way that the printers will print anything from the print queue is when either computer is rebooted. This is very similar to another thread that did not seem to have a final resolution. (http://forums.techguy.org/networking/757813-dell-3110cn-printer-network-connection.html)

A:another network printer issue...

Since it's all Dell I would hit up their tech support.

I would also try reinstalling the printer drivers and whatnot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-network-printer-issue.794804/
Relevancy 58.05%

Have a HP6127 printer attached to an XP OS machine -- can see on wireless network. This printer can be connected directly to Windows 7 unit -- using a 990c driver to run -- driver is obtained from Windows update.

Is there a way that I can print to this unit remotely?

A:Network printer issue

Hi Nova, welcome to the Seven Forums.

You could try if this works for you.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/140195-network-printer-issue.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a XP Pro SP1a machine on a network. When I print something(example Calendar from Outlook) i get an extra sheet of paper with the following

PCL XL error

Warning: IllegalMediaSource

The printer is an HP 8150 Laserjet with HP LaserJet 8150 PCL 6 for the driver. It is on a NT 4 SP6 server.

Now, other XP machines can print to this printer, and it doesnt get this extra sheet.

I googled for this error and only found a few similiar situation. Some said to delete the printer and add it again. Didnt work for me.

A:Network printer issue

You using the same exact driver and settings for this as the other computers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-issue.284673/
Relevancy 57.62%

After having setup successfully Win 7 Pro some years ago printing worked fine for several pdf printers
and connected USB laser printers.

Then, recently, I must have changed something accidentially in System.

When I now want to print (e.g. a Word doc or web page from Firefox) it doesn't work anymore.

EVERY printer does not work!

Further investigations revealed that the printer ports are vanished in printer Proprties dialogs.
Its completely empty!

Have a look at the attached snapshot.

I don't know which event or action caused the printer port deletion.
Maybe a new Win Patch or an uninstallation of driver or a registry key adding.

However re-installation of printer drivers does not help since the required underlying ports are gone.

How can I re-install them again?

Is there a manual Registry add script?

Peter

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/389043-strange-deletion-printer-ports-printer-properties.html
Relevancy 57.19%

this is a strange one

I just bought a new dell desktop PC with Windows 7

here is system

Dell Inspiron 537S

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)

I have a HP 4200 printer connected to a pc via usb (running pro xp) in my office in the basement. I connected the new computer via my home network (my wife has a lap top, and several employees use the internet connection and the printer via a WAP)

From the desktop with win 7 i can print a test page, and print from notepad but can't print from adobe, my cad program (turbo-cad) or from open office. very strange, the print job shows up and is listed as printed but nothing is printed.

I have no problem printing from any other pc on the network (they are all xp or vista)
I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers from HP
so what do you think?
Thanks

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

I've an unusual problem...

First issue arose a week ago. I have a client who has three Xp clients on a network. THey each print to a Brother HK 2700N - connected and shared via usb from ws01 originally. File and printer shares on PC were corrupt and installation of office 2003 as well as logmein and antivirus software resulted in us reloading the OS from scratch. We placed the printer onto a second PC (ws02 and created a share). It prints fine both locally and from ws03 (the third client).

On reloading the OS onto ws01 and connecting everthing backup, printer still shared on ws02, it seemed to work fine. However, on day two, it dropped the printer. Yesterday, I reconnected printer and it was fine. Today, its gone again from this same computer, but ws02 still prints locally as well as ws03 through the share. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Regards

George

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-spooler-network-issue.939245/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi

I have a Desktop running Windos ME. I have Lexmark All in One installed on the desktop. I have another dell laptop running XP. Both r connected using the cat5e cable. I can share the internet and files on the desktop and acess it through laptop. when i try to connect to printer, printer is listed and when i select printer, err. msg says

"Windows cannot connect to printer.Operation could not be completed".

Desktop have the IP 192.168.0.1
and laptop have automatic assign IP enabled.

Can anyone help.

Thank You

Timmy

A:Issue with sharing a printer on network

Is the printer turned on at this point? I'm sure you checked that, but I have an almost identical setup at my parents house, where the laptop running XP Home connects via crossover to a 98se computer sharing a lexmark printer. And after setting up the network and installing the printer on the XP machine, all worked flawlessly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-sharing-a-printer-on-network.28465/
Relevancy 57.19%

have a new bt home hub - cannot connect to the network printer. please help!!

A:Bt home hub - network printer issue

Describe your network and your printer (brand and model) and how you are trying to connect to the printer and what the problem seems to be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bt-home-hub-network-printer-issue.957718/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi greetings is not network printer this I issue! a CONVINCED am to everyone Wanted to run this by all of you I am a desktop tech at a company and we are having this printer issue Well I say printer issue they are saying I am CONVINCED this is a network not printer issue! it s a printer issue that I believe to be more of a network issue the story goes like this They put it a new print server called bartender to run these label tag printers that we have roughly - of at three different locations The week of the change we started having these issues The user could put in for a tag or label to be printed from the application they use and they would get no jobs no tags labels nothing On the server side of things the job on that printer would show errored out and the I am CONVINCED this is a network not printer issue! printer would appear as if it were offline But at the same time it would be pingable You could ping through the entire process Funny thing is is you could recycle the power on the printer and it would release the jobs and clear the queue right up Now like I said we have between - of these printers some of these get used more than others some of these this issue is occurring more on than the others But keep in mind that they are spread out throughout three different locations states and cities Now some of these printers that the issue is occurring on is really bad like at some locations there may be a couple of printers that we may refer to as the quot problem printers quot because they seem to have this issue way more often than any of the rest of them Now we have tried updating the firmware drivers nic firmware ect that didn t seem to help any We have tried swapping the cable that goes to the computer that never seems to drop the connection with the network cable that the printer uses and we never see a change it never seems to drop connectivity when it s connected to the computer The printers being discussed here are the Datamax I-class Thermal Tag Label Printers We have talked to their tech support and they pretty much are saying what I am thinking in this situation that they cannot imagine that - of their printers have all at one time decided to get together and start failing and that they suspect it to be something on our network a configuration issue or something I mean this was stated after they worked with us on updating the firmware and drivers and nic firmware and a few more of their ideas They did attempt to at least help But anyway thought I would run this by a few more eyes up here on a tech board to see if any of you have seen this type of issue before Any help would be greatly apprecited Thanks and have a good day Mike nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

I have ten computers connected to an ethernet switch, and they were all configured to print via an HP Jetdirect 500X printer switch connected through the ethernet switch as well. Recently the router was replaced and now I cannot print on any computer. The router is a Netgear Wireless-G WGR614 (but it is not being used in a wireless application). Please tell me what I need to do to bring back printing capability. The printer is an HP 930C, by the way. Thank you.

A:Solved: Network printer issue

I did get IT help and got the issue resolved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-printer-issue.904023/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a 2 Zebra Label Printers (2 models) that is shared on two separate computers (both with XP) on our networked that is pushed out to all the other computers on the network via group policy on the server (Server 2003). One of these printers will push out to the Windows 7 machine but the other one will not. If you try to add it manually the printer is listed as one of the network printers however it will error, saying it cannot make a connection with an error code of 0x0000007a. Anyone have a solution on how to remedy the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-network-printer-issue.987596/
Relevancy 56.76%

There were 6 network printers here.I wanted to install one network printer in my pc now. I selected "a network printer, or a printer attached to another printer" in add printer wizard and clicked next, then I cliked browse for a printer. It popped up a window and under "shared printers" list, it showed up printer names like "pc1\hplaserjet1", "pc1\hplaserjet1", "pc2\hplaserjet1", "pc2\hplaserjet2", etc. etc. It was not showing up printer names alone.

It is a network printer so I wonder why it is showing pc1\........ like that instead of just printer names. So I'm confused how to proceed further.

Relevancy 56.76%

In one of our department we have several windows 7 clients that use a Legacy application, every morning, we must do a ipconfig /flushdns along with nbtstat -R, arp -d accompanied with a reboot, then users can print again via the application for entire work day. When they come back in next morning the DNS flush...etc process must be repeated otherwise the App hangs spinning when press the print button.  I was thinking DNS cache is expiring and App is try to still use it next morning...etc   I don't know if this is a DC issue or client pc issue. Same happens for other network printers used in the Application, hang, until to the temp fix...etc.

Any help greatly appreciated!   

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622842/network-printer-stops-next-morning-dns-issue/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am having some issues within Work a Printer Issue Network Sharing with sharing a printer on the network here at the office I have read over numerous posts about this issue which I will provide links so you can see all the various steps that I have taken to try and fix this issue The issue is alluding me in terms of fixing the issue Here is how I need to configure the connection in order to allow computers to print from the same printer Printer Sharing Issue within a Work Network Desktop Windows Professional Networked with the Correct Workgroup and can share all files back and forth with other PC's on the network This one has the printer connected through a USB direct connection which is also shared I need to allow the other PC's to print using this connection Desktop Windows XP Professional Networked with the correct Workgroup and can share all files back and forth with other PC's including those with Windows I need to use the printer connected to Desktop All documents and formats will not print at all Laptop Windows Professional Networked with the Correct Workgoup and can share all files back and forth with other PC's on the network I need to use the printer connected to Desktop in order to print Documents All documents and formats will not print at all The issues that I am having is that Desktop can print all documents just fine with the printer which is a Magicolor W Laser printer I have all the latest drivers on all operating systems including those for XP and for Windows When I get on Desktop with XP Professional to add the printer from Desktop it adds it just fine I can print using test page however none of the documents that I Printer Sharing Issue within a Work Network want to print like word or a pdf file will print It was giving me the error message that no printer was detected message so I followed the Printer Sharing Issue within a Work Network procedure from this post to configure the connection with the Local Port Option discussed here XP to Printer sharing After going through and setting it up using the local port trick I get the following error on Desktop 's printer interface which shows what is printing This message is the result of Desktop being connected through the Local Port Option This remote downlevel document issue pops up every secs and will simply not allow any of the documents to print so I have to disable the Local Port Option on Desktop in order for it to stop Any suggestions on how to over come this The issue with the Laptop running Windows Professional is that it will add the printer just fine however when I go to print the screen pops up and then disapears For some reason it will not print any documents from the printer connected to Desktop running Windows Professional This should be a non issue considering both are running the same OS and I have set both to the proper settings in the advanced network settings It will also print a test page just fine So I am a little bit confused on what is causing the issue I have also double checked the sharing path names on all PC's to make sure that the names are correct as well I have also tried both of these other options including double checking the ports in the firewall to make sure that the proper ports are open and allowing traffic I Tried This Printer Sharing Windows RC to Vista and this Networking home computers running different versions of Windows I have spent countless hours on this trying fixes and reading through threads on various forums to find a work around solution for this I personally like Windows and am in the process of putting together a plan to upgrade all office PC's to within the next months However before I take on that mamoth undertaking I need to know what work around solutions are available in order to properly share all network resources Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is causing work productivity issues here in the office Thanks and I look forward to hearing your suggestions and solutions If you need any other in... Read more

A:Printer Sharing Issue within a Work Network

I'm sorry if I've glossed over this but what model is your printer?

If it is a networkable printer (Ethernet printer) I would recomend using that.

We can try and get it to work when I'm sure what printer you have.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/94098-printer-sharing-issue-within-work-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I"m trying to access the printer which is on a network on a windows 7 computer but when i click on my network and click the computer's name on my windows 8 64 bit laptop I get error code 0x80070035 I have check my kaspersky firewall I also allowed all epson software through. I have disabled the windows firewall.

A:network printer issue error code

It's typically required that you first install the Printer driver software on the Windows 8 machine before hand.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30676-network-printer-issue-error-code.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Zebra Label Printers models that are shared printers on two separate computers both with XP on our networked that are pushed out Windows & Issue 7 Network Printer [SOLVED] to all the other computers on the [SOLVED] Windows 7 & Network Printer Issue network via group policy on print management on the server Server One of these printers will push out to the Windows machine but the other one will not If you try to add it [SOLVED] Windows 7 & Network Printer Issue manually on the Windows machine the printer is listed as one of the network printers however it will error saying it cannot make a connection with an error code of x a Looking in Print Management on the server the printer that does push out is on the list of printers and the that does not push out is not even though it is listed in the list of printers under printers and faxes This printer has added to deploy under group policy though and still does not push out to the Windows machines but will to all our XP machines Anyone have a solution on how to remedy the problem

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 & Network Printer Issue

Are you specifically using a driver designed for Windows 7 on the Win7 machines? By default, the print server will push out the driver installed to the client when first connected, so if the driver being used is for XP or 2003, it may not work properly under Win7. That error message means "ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER", which would indicate a driver issue indeed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-and-amp-network-printer-issue-560679.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,

I just bought a Samsung network multifunction printer CLX-6210FX. I am encountering trouble wiht the built-in Windows 7 firewall. Despite the TCP port 9100 is open both for entry and exit in the firewall, no file will print untill I shut down totally the firewall.
Which port should I open ? Or which application should I grant access so that I don't need to shut down the firewall each time I want to print somthing ?
Thanks for any help,

MALESCOT.

A:Network Printer : firewall issue, which port open ?

How did you set your printer up? Is it hooked to a PC on your network, a printer Hub or your router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/93314-network-printer-firewall-issue-port-open.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have already clicked "Change settings that are currently available" but it still does not show it, restarted the PC and still same result.
MSE disabled
Windows 7 Starter 32-bit
Power Plan: High Performance
System Model: HP Mini 110-3500

A:Cannot see Multimedia Settings under "Change advanced power settings"

Please help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309703-cannot-see-multimedia-settings-under-change-advanced-power-settings.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys , I need someone to explain to me...or even recommend me how to set advanced settings in the " performance & quality " tab in my video card's settings

these are : 1-force mipmaps ? none bilinear and trilinear
2-conformant texture clamp on or off ?
3-extension limit? on or off
4-hardware acceleration
5-trilinear optimization? on or off
6-Anisotropic mip filter optimization? on or off
7-Anisotropic sample optimization? on or off
8-negative LOD bias? clamp or allow

my card's a MSI FX5700 LE card with 256 MBs of ram

Thanks in advance

A:Advanced Settings

set it to trilinear and everythign else to on or enabled. if you experience crashes or problems, disable the options one by one until the problem is corrected, thus exposing the offending setting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advanced-settings.24350/
Relevancy 54.61%

sorry i realised i posted in a wrong section

sorry again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advanced-settings.24318/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello Guys,

Is there a way via scipting to force a pc to refresh their local printer
settings from the print server ? We have enabled Duplexing as the default for
printing ( conserve that paper ! ) for our HP Laserjet printers on the
Print Server, but if a user goes on their local printer settings and unchecks
duplexing, it will not re-pull that device setting from the print server
unless you delete and then re-add the printer on the local machine. Is there
a way to have the printer settings pulled from the server without have to
delete and then readd the locally installed network printer ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forcing-a-refresh-of-network-printer-settings-from-print-server-server.600852/
Relevancy 54.18%

Does anyone know of a Freeware program that changes the "Advance Privacy Settings" on IE? Right now you have to do the following to allow just "session cookies":
1- Tools
2- Internet Options
3- Privacy
4- Advanced
5- Check- "Override automatic cookie handling
6- Check Block for "First Party Cookies"
7- Check Block for "Third Party Cookies"
8- Check "always allow session cookies"

I find I need only session cookies on most of the sites I frequent (like this one). Wish there was a program that would remember your preferred settings and with a push of a button change them to pre-set alternate settings.

Relevancy 54.18%

HI

I Have some problems with my blue screen and to fix that, I usually go to Advanced system settings and at Startup and Recovery and uncheck the option "Automatically restart" then I press OK, but the problem is I cant Press first the option Apply to click next OK, so the settings doesnt save properly, I've tried to save a settings at performance and only at visual Effects I can save something! for exemple at advanced , I cant change nothing In Virtual Memory.

What can i do? I think I run my pc in admin mode but if not I should get a message to get in Advanced system settings! I just need to click once and I go into there.

Screen if u have any question : ImageShack? - Online Photo and Video Hosting

btw sorry for my bad english :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/advanced-system-settings-645275.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am using a notebook that came with Windows and upgraded to Windows I noticed this problem months ago before upgrading to Windows but it was OK tab, Advanced DNS click Can't TCP/IP Settings, not causing a problem so I ignored it until now I am trying to switch to other DNS name servers I set up the new DNS server addresses in the TCP IPv properties but they were not working Checking the advances setting under the DNS tab I noticed that there is a long set of addresses from IPconfig it seems to be on the first line in DNS server addresses box See image Note - the bottom two addresses had come over from what I had set up in the TCP IPv properties I can not remove this series of addresses The remove button is not Advanced TCP/IP Settings, DNS tab, Can't click OK greyed out but nothing happens when I click it Same with editing it nothing happens when I click Edit I can add addresses edit added addresses and remove added addresses I can also move the top line down but when I click quot OK quot nothing happens To close the dialog box I must click Cancel If I open the advanced dialog box and do not click the DNS tab I can close the dialog box by clicking OK but once I open the DNS tab clicking OK will not longer work Even if I go back to the IP Settings tab Advanced TCP/IP Settings, DNS tab, Can't click OK clicking OK will switch it to the DNS tab but will not close it Anyone have an idea how I can reset this Or remove this top line of addresses Thanks nbsp

A:Advanced TCP/IP Settings, DNS tab, Can't click OK

OK, I figured this out myself. But in case someone else has the problem, here is the solution I figured out.
The problem was the GUI interface was locking up or not responding correctly, so I figured I had to find a manual way to change (or erase) the DNS servers that were blocking things up. I figured there was probably a way via the command prompt, and in fact, that is how we solved things.
I started an admin session of the command prompt (Win+X - Command prompt (admin))
Then I ran the netsh utility (typed netsh).
From the netsh command prompt I typed:
"interface ip set dnsservers "Wireless Network Connection" source=dhcp"
That did the trick. I immediately checked the settings and sure enough the long string of DNS servers was gone.
BTW, "Wireless Network Connection" was the connection I was having trouble with. This told netsh to switch the DNS server names for that connection back to selecting the DNSservers automatically.
I could also replaced "source=dhcp" with "static 54.93.27.100" (Note this is not a valid DNS server) to have it set to that DNS Server. Or I can now go in and change it manually.
Problem solved!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advanced-tcp-ip-settings-dns-tab-cant-click-ok.1160708/
Relevancy 54.18%

I use Windows 7 ultimate and recently changed some parameters in Personalization control panel under colors, then under what's called the "Advanced Appearance Settings" I now want to go back to the default settings and can't find a way to do that. Does anyone know what the settings are for all of those parameters and sizes, fonts etc.

A:Advanced appearance settings

Hello Kleinever, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The screenshots under step 8 of OPTION TWO in the tutorial below show all of the default settings to help with this.

Window Color and Appearance - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274335-advanced-appearance-settings.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Is there a way to reset (default?) the Appearance settings (advanced) in Win XP? (i.e when someone has messsed about with them all and now looks a bid odd in places) other than system restore?

A:Win XP Appearance settings (advanced)

In the non advanced side

Select Windows Classic/Windows Standard/Normal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-appearance-settings-advanced.415324/
Relevancy 54.18%

CCleaner is considered a generally safe cleaner Thus all Advanced selections under the Windows tab are unticked by default presumably for a reason which may have to do with system stability However in its Advanced Settings CCleaner -step Malware Removal CCleaner Advanced Settings Instructions http www techspot com vb topic html TechSpot advises make sure all the boxes are ticked under the Windows and Applications CCleaner Advanced Settings tabs including quot Advanced quot tabs except for the Old prefetch Data option this should be unticked Click to expand My fist question is What does one gain by including these Advanced selections apart from a little extra space and even that until it is soon filled up again But my main question is Why does CCleaner leave out these Advanced selections by default More specifically what could be the adverse consequences of ticking selecting them A full item-by-item reply would be most helpful for dispersing or justifying fear of selecting them The tool itself does give some info on each but this is not always clear E g for Tray Notifications Cache it says You need to restart the explorer exe process So how does one restart the explorer exe process Don t we start it anyway every time we click on its icon nbsp

A:CCleaner Advanced Settings

CCleaner

CCleaner (Last updated on 27th January 2009)

The Advanced settings are basically defined on this page: CCleaner Beginner's Guide

Restarting Explorer.exe, is basically done by restarting your computer

You can find more information here:

Quick Tour

Documentation site

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Discussion Forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ccleaner-advanced-settings.121318/
Relevancy 54.18%

An acquaintance gave me the link to your answer to a specific question I had asked him namely how do I make an advanced setting for COM serial port when I get a message saying that I need write privilege in settings advanced COM1 the registry for this device I am the administrator on my machine and I have a label printer hooked up to COM on a WIN k system and need to change a setting I believe it has regarding a FIFO buffer I also have an XP system on another machine and always get the same impediments as I COM1 advanced settings do on WIN k I can t get into that advanced setting when I click the Advanced button in the COM port settings window But when I COM1 advanced settings tried your suggested solution adding values into the registry path quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE system current pnp Device Parameters quot trying to add a binary value into the right pane for the above branch I just get a message saying quot Cannot create value Error writing to the registry quot Foiled again Same thing happens by the way if I try this on my XP machine Do administrators get no respect nbsp

A:COM1 advanced settings

Partially solved: Right-clicking registry key gives 'permissions' option on XP but not on Win2k. Giving permissions to 'everyone' on the XP allowed me to put new values into right pane of Device Parameters key. I put the values in suggested by The Oracle and they worked. I was able to get into Advanced settings for COM1 port. But how do I set those registry permissions in Win2k where my device is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/com1-advanced-settings.1091253/
Relevancy 54.18%

If anyone is interested, here is one way to add them to Start menu.

See it in Start---

See it in action--

Hope it helps. :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/advanced-system-settings-1115329.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have a GIGABYTE Technology Mbps Wireless Router It works really well and router help to for Need settings up advanced set I am happy Need help to set up advanced settings for router with it However I want it to be a secured connection for just my flatmate s and my computers to access It says that it has WPA -bit WEP encryption SPI firewall and URL blocking However the manual does not give me clear instructions on how to use these functions Actually someone set it up for me initially Since I live in Taiwan and my flatmate was home when they installed it everything was done in Need help to set up advanced settings for router Chinese I am entirely unclear how to secure the connection at this time To make matters a little more complicated I don t have the manual or if I do it is still in a box somewhere we just moved I am not a computer idiot but in reading posts trying to find some information in these forums I didn t understand any of it Most of this technology came into common use while I have been out of the States Yes I m American and in either Africa where the internet is still an office school interesting but Need help to set up advanced settings for router not a common thing or in Asia where everybody knows it but it is in Chinese so I am still clueless Ahem what I mean to say is any assistance needs to be in SIMPLE steps and clear straightforward English Anyone interested in tutoring TIA nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I have No Advanced Settings on the options in PRI. IDE Channel or SEC. IDE Channel properties box in device manager, and the funny thing is that on my other two PC's same setup XP Pro and all software the same identical PC's I have that option in both of them I tried uninstalling the channels and thought maybe it might change it to were I might have that tab when it reinstalled them but no luck. I would just like to be able to see for myself like I can on my other two PC's that the ultra DMA mode 4 is showing. I really don't know if it makes a difference or not XP might just default to the best setting and maybe I need not worry but it's the not being able to see the setting that is bothering me.
Thanks Bill

A:No Advanced Settings in IDE Channel

Did you install you installed Intel IAA (Intel application accelerator ) on your system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-advanced-settings-in-ide-channel.198696/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi i have a strange problem on Vista x Previously with Vista SP x I used the advanced settings to switch on the settings advanced Realtek quot Make external and internal output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously quot option That way I could keep two different settings for speakers and headphones I had the Speakers on mute and the headphones on That way the internal speakers would be mute but when I plug-in the headphones the audio would automatically switch on quot unmute quot However since I installed x I find that it shows two separate tabs for speakers and headphones as normal but if the speakers are set to mute audio would be muted for everything including the headphones I checked everything and eventhough the headphones are set to quot unmute quot the headphones would only work if I went to the speakers tab and quot unmuted quot the speakers Doing this means that when I unplug in the headphones the internal speakers are on I tried updating to version to no avail Can anybody help Sorry for the long explanation Realtek advanced settings but i wanted to give you as much info as possible Regards Native

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/236938-realtek-advanced-settings.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey all, I was just noticing that my monitor doesn't go off after 20 minutes like it's set to in my advanced power settings(Right click on desktop, click on properties / screensaver tab and click on "Power..." to access "Power Options Properties".The other settings in Power Options Properties also do not work, such as...Hard disk off, standby, and hibernate do not work. The computer just acts like all the settings are set to "never".What is the issue? I don't know how long this has been going on. As far as I know, these settings worked up until recently.Thank you community

A:Advanced Power Settings

You might try http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, #204, right column, Restore Power Schemes Configuration.Double-click, this will download a file to your chosen location. Double-click on that file and let us know if this solves your situation.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262673/advanced-power-settings/
Relevancy 54.18%

After updating the definitions on Apr th and running Spybot it said I had Backweb lite I believe Backweb came with the computer Advanced Spybot1.3 Settings but I don t Spybot1.3 Advanced Settings think it s installed It isn t listed in add remove programs in control panel So I m assuming I should have Spybot ignore that Also while looking for info about it I came across some info that says with the Spybot version it ignores a few malware products by mistake so it won t find them It tells you to go into advanced mode and under the ignore products see if there are any checkmarks in any of the listed products and if there are to uncheck them I have that are checked should I uncheck them They are product category sidestep pups my search spybots new net pups Also while looking around in Advanced mode under ignore system internals it shows Entry Category JavaDir QTJava zip missing shared dll install exe wrong app path MsoHtmEd exe wrong app path winnt exe wrong app path Is this ok nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

On my main windows machine when I visit some secure sites I get the following I am trying to download K in this case IE - This page cannot be displayed Turn on TLS TLS and TLS in Advanced settings and try connecting to https getk org Firefox - Secure connection failed The connection to getk org was interrupted while the page was loading The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified Chrome - This site can t be reached getk org unexpectedly closed the connection I can however open these sites on other devise settings 1.2 TLS 1.1, on in TLS and Advanced TLS Turn 1.0, on my network In IE I found TLS TLS and TLS already turned on I have searched through various posts but am not finding anything that is helping Any suggestions would be appreciated I Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings am also unsure what hanged when this started happening as it has been ongoing for some time Doug nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turn-on-tls-1-0-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-in-advanced-settings.1169274/
Relevancy 54.18%

Does anyone know about the "Graphics Hardware Acceleration"? (system icon/performance tab/graphics button). I can't seem to set it at full. Everytime I do so the system does not boot, all you see is a black screen. I have to bootup into safe mode and move the lever back to the middle position. What does this mean and how can I set it to the full position. I have a Compaq Presario, Windows 98.

Thanks in advance!

A:Advanced Graphics Settings

This setting is to fix errors due to system incompatibility.

Most often it means that your motherboard cannot keep up with your video card. Sometimes it means that your video card is going bad.

Is this a new card you have installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advanced-graphics-settings.32361/
Relevancy 54.18%

The image on my screen is too large, so I cannot see the whole picture.   For example, on my Inbox I cannot see minimize and maximise icons in the top right hand corner of th screen.  I go to Advanced display settings and click on 1600x900 but it doesn't work.   How do I correct this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Advanced-Display-settings/td-p/5680060
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello community:

What is the meaning and solution to the following message?
"Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to
https://go.skype.com again. If this error persists, contact your site administrator."

These options are already turned on, by the indication of a check mark in the square box provided. I substituted xxxxxx.com for the actual address.

How do I correct this?  What is causing it?

As usual, thanks for all assistance.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7ed1e8ad-47e6-49a2-8873-cf7663373057/turn-on-tls-10-tls-11-and-tls-12-in-advanced-settings?forum=W8ITProWTG
Relevancy 54.18%

When I right click (for instance) the sound icon in system tray it should say "Open volume mixer" and 3 other options below that. I was messing with the advanced windows appearance settings and now mine says "Open volume M" and there is no other space for the rest of the word. Same with "safely remove har" (for hardware) I have tried for days and can't get it to show the whole word. Do you know what setting this is? I know it's in advanced window appearance settings. Can't find it

A:Advanced appearance settings

It sounds like you've messed with the settings in the Windows settings and appearance Advanced properties (get to it by right clicking on the Desktop and selecting "Personalize"

Which setting it is, I have no idea. But some experimentation should reveal it to you.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/229480-advanced-appearance-settings.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I would like my VPN Advanced Settings to remain Off after restart. They turn back on each time. Seems like Windows should save that setting?
Checked Services.msc & msconfig but don't see anything to disable that looks like VPN.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion >Internet Settings > Connections
has no registry entries with VPN names, probably because I've never added any VPN connections.

I am signed in with a Microsoft account & do have Sync turned on for this PC. The only other PC running Windows 10 has a local account.

Can anyone tell me how to permanently disable VPN Advanced Settings?

thank you,
richie

A:How to keep VPN Advanced Settings off after restart?

Seems you need to keep Remote Access Connection Manager (RasMan) and Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service (SstpSvc) services enabled as either Automatic or Manual as only changing the below values in the registry doesn't keep it off

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Connectivity\AllowVPNOverCellular
Change Value entry to 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Connectivity\AllowVPNRoamingOverCellular
Change Value entry to 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Parameters\Config\VpnCostedNetworkSettin gs
NoRoamingNetwork set to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Connectivity\AllowCellularData
Change Value entry to 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Connectivity\AllowCellularDataRoaming
Change Value entry to 0

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42693-how-keep-vpn-advanced-settings-off-after-restart.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Recently a game running on Steam crashed the pc to the desktop I wanted to create System Advanced settings a dumpfile to try and Advanced System settings determine the reason for the crash I am an administrator and seem to have permissions to change system settings However when I attempt to create a dumpfile via Control Panel gt System and Security gt System gt Advanced System Settings gt StartUp and Recovery gt Settings -- the system will allow me to enter values in the various fields eg quot Write debugging information quot however any changes I make are not saved and the values revert to the original values I only wanted to create a small dump file and there is large capacity on the primary drive so it doesn't seem to be a space issue I am not sure if particular permissions are required or some other software maybe controlling the quot Startup and Recovery quot processes I don't seem to have this problem on another machine running Win - Home Premium bit Any clues would be greatly appreciated

A:Advanced System settings

Alan,

Please check to see if your steps were the same as those in step 6 here:
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Also have a look in C:\Windows\MiniDump......are there any dmp files there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/326396-advanced-system-settings.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a HP 635 and I want to replace the HDD. But the bios needs to recognise the new drive, so I need to access the advanced BIOS settings. The Bios is an insydeh20 r3.5. How do I get access to the advanced options? Thanks

A:HP 635 advanced bios settings

supertramp1 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about wanting to get into the advanced BIOS options -- but do not have good news. Here's a link showing the Advanced Options tab that is available in SOME BIOS versions: Substance: Insyde BIOS Advanced Settings IF yours does not have that tab (as is the case with my HP laptop, as well), there is simply no way to get into the advanced options.Sorry ...========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-635-advanced-bios-settings/td-p/5602445
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello

I need some help on creating a Short Cut On desk top for " Advanced System Settings "

Thanks

Bob

A:Advanced System Settings

just use the search feature it's the fastest way to get to stuff

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/54970-advanced-system-settings.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello experts I have for Settings Advanced COM1 a Win Pro bit machine that overnight when unattended will lose its com ports They are still available and have no conflicts or issues in device manager but the serial ports stop receiving data through them I have a weighing device connected to each com port that constantly streams serial data through them Some time overnight they stop responding and the only fix is a full reboot Advanced Settings for COM1 I am using a Moxa USB powered port RS to extend beyond the inbuilt ports It is not the Moxa but the fault seems to lie in the Advances Settings for COMX In this screen you can use the drop down and assign it to a different com port In Device manager it says it is com amp but in Advanced settings the dropdown gets changed by Windows Windows OS is reassigning the com ports on its own How can I registry hack it so it is impossible for Windows to mess with the settings on its own Any insight appreciated Vecow nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advanced-settings-for-com1.1133917/
Relevancy 53.75%

To get us started what I m talking about is the quot Advanced quot properties of a quot XP Solved: in "Advanced" files Odd with Problem of video Properties summary quot of any given video file Essentially this see pics You right click on a video file you select quot Properties quot go to the quot Summary Solved: Odd Problem in XP with "Advanced" Properties of video files quot tab and then view either quot Simple quot or quot Advanced quot It used to show me the info for almost any given video file in the Summary tab but choosing either Simple or Advanced but now it doesn t show anything with any video file I fear I ve managed to do Solved: Odd Problem in XP with "Advanced" Properties of video files something to a registry setting but I have no idea what key would manage this Oddly enough it still shows MP data in Simple and Advanced just not for video files any given format Does anyone happen to know what registry key I may need to look in to repairing replacing recreating to re-enable this great feature Any help would be most appreciated Thanks DM nbsp

A:Solved: Odd Problem in XP with "Advanced" Properties of video files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-odd-problem-in-xp-with-advanced-properties-of-video-files.889463/
Relevancy 53.75%

what do I need to do?
the screen blackens then defaults to low or med.
I go into the settings to restore to high.
I scanned for viruses-none.
do not know why this happens.
help!

A:Display properties-settings

by low or med i am guessing your color depth?
256=low 16-bit=med 32bit=high?
or are you talking about the resolution?

what kind of video card do you have?
how old is it?
how recently have you updated the drivers for it?
how recently have you updated directx?

--rex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/6572/display-properties-settings/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently changed my user account, I made a new one and deleted my old one but kept my files. Now I am no longer able to pin stuff to taskbar, change my folder and search settings, change the default application to open a file, etc. I have no idea how to fix this. I mean my user account is the Computer Administrator, I took ownership of every file on this user account but still. I have no idea how to fix this.

Sorry for the vague title, I didn't know how to really explain the situation since it includes so many things to it.

A:Can't change any of my settings or properties

Since no one can help, I'll just re-install windows. ;~;

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/260860-cant-change-any-my-settings-properties.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I just purchased an IBM PII 400, all works great except for the display properties for my monitor, I am only able to choose from 2 or 16 colors and am stuck on 640 by 480 pixels.....When I was using this monitor before I was able to adjust these settings, what need I do now to fix this problem

A:Display Properties Settings

Hello Kitty and welcome to TSG!

That is a common problem. What you need to do is reinstall the video driver; it's not your monitor that is at fault. You will have to find out the make and model of you video card.

~Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-settings.95274/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently got a PC of a lady that needs to have the fonts very big to actually read them she uses dual display and for some reason in one application she uses both monitors don t work I tried to go to the PC and change the display settings but again for tab settings No in Display Properties some reason there were no settings tab in display properties I tried login in as an No settings tab in Display Properties Admin and I can see the display settings tab but I go as her user and I have no tab I m really stuck here because if she logs to another PC it will give the same situation I m thinking is something about her profile or No settings tab in Display Properties the scripts she runs whenever she loads her No settings tab in Display Properties profile Tried to look for info in the net and couldn t get any Any suggestions to what to do here or where to go to actually change the way Windows displays this for this specific user At fist I thought the profile had no Admin rights but I have given it all the admin rights they are and still not displaying this tab I m thinking on going to the registry and see what key to change to give her this feature but I really want lo leave that as my last resource and I will have to figure out what key to change too and also if she loads this in another PC and has the same situation I think is something in the server that is causing this to happen lol I am really frustrated and decided to go to another PC and take my mind out of this Any help will be appreciated

A:No settings tab in Display Properties

Did you try creating a new profile...and moving her settings?

Her profile could be corrupt/damaged.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177263/no-settings-tab-in-display-properties/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I really need to access advanced BIOS settings (if I can?) because of the CPU's fan RPM setting (I had to replace the old fan, he stopped working), could you please help me, how could I get there, by which combination? My BIOS version is 80.52 Rev.A 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Can-I-access-advanced-BIOS-settings/td-p/5799304
Relevancy 53.32%

Whelp I really did it this time On my new work computer I didn't like the sound quality so was looking to improve it I went into the Sound settings from the sound after settings changing advanced No Control Panel double clicked on the Speakers Headphones to bring up the properties clicked on the Advanced tab and under the default format noted that it wasn't at the highest setting -bit Hz Studio Quality That seemed like it might improve things so I changed it and hit apply It locked up and never let go and eventually crashed After that no more sound Of course I tried going back and restoring the default settings but no joy Every time I try I get the error Format not supported by the device I tried every single setting in there and they all return the same error I've done multiple restarts performed system restore twice reinstalled the Realtek High Definition Audio drivers restarted the Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services and even tried editing the registry to remove Default Launch Permission found that as a suggestion on two different Google searches I'm pretty much out of No sound after changing advanced settings ideas Anyone No sound after changing advanced settings have something else I can try System Dell Latitude E No sound after changing advanced settings Windows Professional -bit

A:No sound after changing advanced settings

Hello,

Not sure if this will work but check this page. Go the the 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Audio\SoftwareMixer]
registry key and look at the SampleRate subkey. If you do not see a value of 0xAC44 change it to that. The decimal equivalent is 44100

"SampleRate"=dword:AC44

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551782/no-sound-after-changing-advanced-settings/
Relevancy 53.32%

Dear community, I've updated my BIOS recently(current version I have is >> Insyde F.26, 2014-06-03 << ), but I still dont have the advanced settings there available. What I am looking for is to unlock them, just like it's done on the image below:  Currently my BIOS just don't have this advanced settings tab. Before experimenting on my own I prefer to ask here on forum, is there any safe way to unlock these settings?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unlocking-BIOS-advanced-settings/td-p/5673388
Relevancy 53.32%

I go into sharing center, advanced,etc then I turn on network discovery, click save changes, and I go right back in, and it didn't save? Any ideas what could cause this or how to fix it?

A:Changes in advanced sharing settings are not saving

Are you running the Private network profile?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16961-changes-advanced-sharing-settings-not-saving.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi~

I use an on board NIC card that comes with my Gigabyte MoBo, which is fine.

My Question is:: How do I adjust these Advanced Setting for Maximum

Performance

Speed, I want my Connection as Fast as Possible and have NO clue HOW TO SET

these Advanced Setting shown here::

I run Vista HP 64bit with Sp2.

Big Thanks IN advance!!

It's a Realtek RTL81688/811B (don't think that has anything to do with my

Question), but thought I'd include the info.

Blue

A:Realtek NIC card Advanced Settings? Help!

Short answer - leave 'em alone cos the defaults are what you'd want in 99% of cases

All of the "offload" settings should be enabled, but they probably already are. Don't enable the "interrupt moderation" one because that will throttle the network stack in order to decrease processor utilisation.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/229465-realtek-nic-card-advanced-settings-help.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Folks,
I'm browsing through my windows firewall settings and I'd like to disable everything that's not required for proper operation.

It is my opinion that the more stuff that is disabled in my computer system, the more secure it is.. Anyone have a different opinion?
I already went through Services.msc and disabled stupid things like telephony and remote desktop connection and things that I'll never use.

Inside the Windows Firewall advanced settings, can I disable all the windows media player sharing service stuff? I use windows media player to play music and movies but I certainly don't do any sharing with it.

What about wifi direct scan and wifi driect network discovery... My desktop pc is hardwired (cat5).. I don't need any of that stuff right?

Sonic Wall mobile content??? Huh?

What about Play To Streaming Server ??

More to follow!T

thanks

A:Windows Firewall Advanced Settings

Originally Posted by murby

It is my opinion that the more stuff that is disabled in my computer system, the more secure it is.. Anyone have a different opinion?

Not necessarily. For example, it wouldn't be more secure if you blocked software updates that fixed security vulnerabilities, or blocked svchost from connecting to Certificate Authorities to check for revoked SSL/TLS certificates, blocked Smartscreen filter connections, etc.

I'm browsing through my windows firewall settings and I'd like to disable everything that's not required for proper operation.

I'd leave all the Core Networking and Network Discovery rules there. If you look at the Network Discovery rules, they're only enabled on Private Networks by default anyway, the rules are disabled in the firewall rules for Public networks (grey tick, not green. You can also double-check the settings HERE). And if you have file and printer sharing switched off, your private network is treated as a 'Public' network anyway.

In addition, even though I don't have Wi-Fi on my main machine, I left the Wi-Fi Direct rules there as well, mainly so that if I import the rules into a laptop the rules are already set up. I was planning on trying out Miracast at some point with a laptop, but never got around to it, so if you don't plan on using a Wi-Fi direct printer/scanner/screen/etc., then I can't think off the top of my head why you'd need those rules. Although, if you look closer at the Wi-Fi direct rules such as the 'Wi-Fi direct scan' rule for example, you'll see that it's bound to specific services anyway, for example 'Wi-Fi direct scan' is bound to the Windows Image Acquisition service, so it's not allowing svchost to do whatever it wants under that rule.

I get the impression Microsoft don't like people blocking outbound connections due to the headaches it can cause and so personally I think that's why Windows Firewall isn't user friendly. For example, although I agree with Microsoft's logic in not having intrusive firewall popups (like you get third-party firewalls), they go too far the other way whereby they make it incredibly difficult to enabling blocked connection logging (so you can see what's actually being blocked). I can't see how anyone could use Windows Firewall for outbound filtering without this, yet Microsoft make it really, really difficult! You can find instructions on how to enable blocked connection logging from one of my other posts HERE .

If you want an idea on what Windows processes will likely want outbound connections, you can have a look through the rules in the screenshot below. The user added rules have a '+' in front of them to keep them grouped separately at the top. Windows Firewall on my machine is setup so that it's quite restrictive, inbound is set to 'Block all connections' (not just set to 'block (default)') and all outbound connections that don't match a rule are blocked. And as mentioned above, file and printer sharing is switched off, as I have no use for it. However, all this is more for curiosity than security because once malicious software is given/gained full admin privileges on a machine, it could just bypass the firewall anyway. Although, outbound firewall filtering will help against this type of thing.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/70593-windows-firewall-advanced-settings.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Does any one know how the **bleep** do I access the Advanced settins in this Laptop model? The BIOS is InsydeH20 3.7 ver and the model is Aspire E1-522. Thank you.

A:Advanced BIOS settings for Aspire E1-522

To which advanced settings are you referring?I believe all settings are available from the BIOS menu headings. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Advanced-BIOS-settings-for-Aspire-E1-522/td-p/151267
Relevancy 53.32%

What should my total paging file size be set to in the lower box it says minimum mb and then Recommended mb and then currently allocated says mb and I balanced this means for all drives individually and if so for one what is currently allocated has not been set yet because I course stem manager size and then checked automatically manage paging file size for all drives advanced settings? virtual memory and v then it said it needed to restart to make these changes and then I noticed the allocated was way higher than the recommended virtual memory advanced settings? so I don't know how to set it back correctly for each drive virtual memory advanced settings? There are drives c set to sudden managed right now space available mb need custom setting amount for initial size box virtual memory advanced settings? and amount for maximum size box Then D ms-dos is set to none right now available space mb do I change that to custom and if so what goes in the initial and maximum size box Then F Toshiba -ext hd set v to system managed right now available space mb again what for informal and maximum size box Finally Z system-drv set to none right now and only mb space available so what to do if any one could please help By the way I am running win home premium bit sp

A:virtual memory advanced settings?

Hello Slade,

You only need to have one page file for Windows, that's best kept on C:.

To reset everything, remove the page file on all drives, restart the PC to clear them, then set your page file to be on the C: drive and be managed by the system.

Virtual Memory Paging File - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/323547-virtual-memory-advanced-settings.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've always wondered what I could do to tweak and improve network speed and gaming Ping etc. with this network adapter but no idea what to do.

In Device Manager I'm using Microsoft signed driver dated 6/9/09 for Atheros AR5007 B/G WiFi Adapter and here is what the Advanced Settings say:

1: 802.11 Preamble: (default) Long and Short, (optional) Long only
2: Network Address: (default) Not Present, (optional) Value [ ]
3: Recieve Buffers: (default) 256
4: Scan Valid Interval: (default) 60
5: Transmit Buffers: 256

Anything I can tweak there?

A:Atheros AR5007 B/G Advanced Settings?

nothing that can improve performance. internet speed is mainly based on your internet plan with your isp, your network card should not limit the speeds unless it is really old.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/20969-atheros-ar5007-b-g-advanced-settings.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Guys Using Visa Home Premium SP Advanced Java Test Settings & Installed Java latest version but something is not quite right Upon completion tested to see if it was correctly installed It would appear not to be because when I ran the test what was expected did not happen Eventually got to stage where I as being asked for User Name and password as can be seen from the attached That was using Internet Explorer H ever I would like to mention that I also have Mozilla Firefox Explorer and the test procedure worked like a dream No hitches whatsoever My IE version is and I noticed certain missing features In IE Tools Internet Options Advanced no mention whatsoever about Java or Scripting whereas to the best of my recollection when I used Win XP PRO there were instances where references were Java Test & Advanced Settings made in that regard Perhaps someone can advice what might the problem why the test using IE does not work and is it correct that no mention about Sun Java can be seen in the advanced section I also note that in Tools Internet Options Security no mention about Java is seen or perhaps there should be no entries If at all possible can I be informed regarding the correct Security Advanced setting for Vista IE Any further info requested will be forwarded if needed

A:Java Test & Advanced Settings

Hi DHL

Don't know if this is relevant to you, but another member had trouble with Java when the IE popup blocker was on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180047/java-test-advanced-settings/
Relevancy 53.32%

Does any one know how the **bleep** do I access the Advanced settins in this Laptop model? The BIOS is InsydeH20 3.7 ver and the model is Aspire E1-522. Thank you.

A:Advanced BIOS settings for Aspire E1-522

To which advanced settings are you referring?I believe all settings are available from the BIOS menu headings. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Advanced-BIOS-settings-for-Aspire-E1-522/td-p/151267/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 53.32%

I go into sharing center, advanced,etc then I turn on network discovery, click save changes, and I go right back in, and it didn't save?

A:Changes in advanced sharing settings are not saving

After making changes, you should log off then log on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271796-changes-advanced-sharing-settings-not-saving.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Everyone,
Recently, my computer's "Advanced power settings" for all three power plans (Balanced, Power saver, and High Performance) always seem to reset to default values.
It is namely the "Minimum and Maximum Processor state" option, where the minimum and maximum values frequently change themselves to 100%, thus meaning that AMD Cool'n'Quiet is not being used on my machine.

Anyone have any solutions / fixes to this problem? Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222563/advanced-power-settings-not-saving/