Windows Support Forum

Unable to use bluetooth transfer in hp pavilion dm4

Q: Unable to use bluetooth transfer in hp pavilion dm4

I'm using hp pavilion dm4.
and after all the internet search i'm unable to use my bluetooth under the OS windows 8.1 X64.
can anybody help me out to find the driver or some other way to get my bluetooth activated.
at the same time i'm confidentialy able to use my wifi no problem in it but in
settings>devices bluetooth doesn't exist...
Help me out please!!!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to use bluetooth transfer in hp pavilion dm4

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to use bluetooth transfer in hp pavilion dm4

Well your DM4 was built for Windows 7, so it depends if HP wrote Bluetooth drivers that will work under Windows 8. A quick check of HP's support site, shows that they have updated software for the DM4 series.

Software & driver downloads HP Pavilion dm4-3055dx Entertainment Notebook PC | HP? Support

There is a Bluetooth driver under networking.

The only other thing is to check the Device Manager and see if the Bluetooth is even recognized. If it isn't listed (could be listed as a generic unknown device if the driver isn't installed), you may have a hardware problem.

Check all that and install the driver. If it is still not listed in the Device Manager, go buy a $14 Bluetooth 4.0 usb device. Asus has a great one on Amazon. It should work great and will be more up current standards since it is 4.0.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/54129-unable-use-bluetooth-transfer-hp-pavilion-dm4.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello everyone,

This happened couple days ago when my laptop started to act like crazy.. It used to freeze but two days ago it shuts down when I'm in the middle of doing something like Photoshop.. It even shut down while posting this thread once..
I thought it'd be a problem with the windows so I installed a fresh one but yet the problem is not solved..
And after some search on internet I came up with some apps like HDD and CPUID Monitor and here's a snapshot of the scan, and I wish someone of TECHSPOT family would help, that'll be so much appreciated..

Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hp-pavilion-shuts-down.216441/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 26.23%

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, itīs not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

A:I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-phone-to-my-pc-windows-8-1-with-bluetooth.215646/
Relevancy 19.78%

So about a few weeks ago (not exactly sure when it started) my computer stopped allowing me to access certain websites. It started out with only a few, but now it is almost 50-80% not connecting. I do not think it is a problem with my browser. I typically use Firefox, but IE will connect to the same ones Firefox allows, and will also not connect to the same websites Firefox will not allow.

I have searched these forums for a couple of hours now and nothing seems to fit my exact problem, and I am hesitant to use the solutions from other forums because it might further hurt my system. I am not tech-savvy/computer literate to say the least, and I would need a thorough walk-through on how to diagnose the problem, as well as how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Unable to connect to most websites -- not a browser problem

How are you not allowed to view the website? Does the page show "The page cannot be displayed"? or you are not authorized or something else?

Try running cmd.exe, type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-most-websites-not-a-browser-problem.177710/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello friends
i am unable to get sound from the external speakers , when the speaker jack is connected to the cpu i hear sound from the internal speakers, how do i get my external speakers working

regards
Shiv

A:Unable to hear from the hear external speakers

shiv said:

Hello friends
i am unable to get sound from the external speakers , when the speaker jack is connected to the cpu i hear sound from the internal speakers, how do i get my external speakers working

regards
ShivClick to expand...

How about some more info about your system man?

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-hear-from-the-hear-external-speakers.174073/
Relevancy 19.78%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 27.09%

Have a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones and trying to get them hooked up to the sound of my older TV. Is there some kind of adapter you can buy to to hook up to the audio out of the TV so I can connect the 2 via Bluetooth? I just don't wanna pay for another pair of headphones. I just want the reciever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-adapter.210034/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a mystery on my hands. I received a Bluetooth speaker as a gift. The BT-4.0 adapter plugged into my computer (USB-2.0 port) detects it (as a "Bluetooth headset"), but when I try to select it as my output device (from the "Sound" Control Panel), Windows reports it as "Disconnected".

If I open "Devices and Printers" and right-click the "Bluetooth headset" icon, I get an alert that the device "Failed to initialize".

I've tried rebooting, tried a different BT adapter, updated my BT drivers off the makers' website, Device Manager shows everything is connected & working (including "Bluetooth Audio").

64bit Win7 Home. Inateck BT-4.0 usb adapter. Speaker is a "MicroBoom" BT v2.1:
Any ideas?

PS: Eliminated the obvious. Speaker is fully charged and works just fine with my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-headphones-paired-but-disconnected-failed-to-initialize.207624/
Relevancy 26.66%

Quick question.

I have two cheepo USB Bluetooth adapters for my Windows 7 PC. One is a tiny generic (thumbnail sized) micro adapter, the other a small "stick" made by Rocketfish.

Both adapters install and "claim" to detect my Bluetooth speaker (misidentifying it as a Bluetooth headset. I have no headset), but the speaker doesn't detect the PC (even when clicking the Discover button.) My cellphone sees my speaker, but it too DOESN'T see my PC.

Are all Bluetooth adapters the same and if my cheap adapters won't pair with anything, neither will an expensive one? Or might there be something else going on?

Thx.

A:Difference in Bluetooth adapters?

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager when either of the Bluetooth devices are installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-in-bluetooth-adapters.207449/
Relevancy 20.21%

This all started after I reset the router putting in new pass code I m using same name of the old SSID When you click to Windows SSID was to unable connect on the wireless network connection on the name of my SSID on connect it saying Getting information from SSID this sounds like Windows was unable to connect to SSID good thing that windows can see the router and talk to it Type in the network key same thing looks like windows can see the router and talk Windows was unable to connect to SSID to it I type in the network key and OK Than it is saying windows was unable to connect to SSID name I have set up other computers and it can connect but this one computer running windows cannot I have the pass code down on paper and other computers can connect So wrong pass code is not the case The only thing I can think of is is computers using the old profile or my network card may need to be reset When I open networking sharing center and click on manage wireless networks I removed the old profiles in the list But I m not sure if there is still some kind of conflict or the old setting still there some where Well because I m using the same SSID despite the router reset and new pass code I m not sure why I cannot connect unless Windows was unable to connect to SSID the windows thinks I m connecting to the old SSID I tried to restart the computer and no change nbsp

A:Windows was unable to connect to SSID

Force the system to forget that SSD and then reboot.
Now look for it again and enter the passphrase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-ssid.207365/
Relevancy 20.21%

So I have a very strange issue with my laptop.
It's a Toshiba a665-06f
I7 [email protected]
8gb ram
500gb Samsung ssd
Running Windows 8.1 pro

I can't get into the bios it boots in less than 10 secs, I've even tryed removing the hdd to get it to boot to the bios but it just sits at a blank screen when I do that. I've tryed tapping the all the f keys the del and esc on start cant get into the bios or even the boot options. Other than not booting into the bois it works great.
Any ideas please?

A:Unable to access bios

"Other than not booting into the bios, it works great"... So this means you can boot into Windows normally, and use the laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-bios.206928/
Relevancy 19.78%

The (Tp internet connect to 740n) router link via Unable to router worked fine in the past until recently my ISP had a break in the cable line and repaired it Now I am unable to connect to the internet If Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n) I connect the ISP s LAN cable directly to PC windows and do the following steps Control panel gt View network stats and tasks Setup a new connection or network gt Connect to the internet gt Next Broadband PPPOE gt Next Type in username password gt Connect Internet works fine This means there is no problem with the internet connection However if I connect the ISP s LAN cable to the quot blue quot port of the router and the short LAN cable to my PC then do the following steps Open http tplinklogin net It shows me router config page Click Quick setup gt Next Select PPPoE gt Next Type in username password gt Next Leave the Wireless Page untouched gt Next Click Reboot Wait till router reboots It does not work the router page shows quot Connecting quot but does not connect at all Here s the router log TL-WR N System Log Time - - s H-Ver WR N v S-Ver Build Rel n L M W PPPoE W M G st day OTHER INFO User clear system log st day PPP NOTICE PPPoE start connecting st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

Please help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-router-tp-link-740n.206843/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

I pair my Plantronics Calisto PLT Headset to my Desktop Computer (Windows 7 x64), and it showed that everything is OK, but when I tried to use it, it didn't work.
When I press icon of sound on the taskbar and I go to Playback or Recording there is there Bluetooth Hands-free Audio but is Disconnected, and I don't have any idea how to connect this and make to work.
Can someone help me to solve this problem? I will really appreciate any help.

P.S.
I did everything like supposed to be. I attached few images to show my situation.

A:Bluetooth Problem

Hi,
Yesterday I bought USB BT400 Adapter.
I started everything from beginning and there is exactly the same situation. Nothing changed. If you look to the picture, everything is pair and installed and when I ask them, they said that was something wrong with Windows configuration (not 100%).
Point is that they didn't have any clue what is wrong.
P.S.
I didn't mention that before when I installed USB Bluetooth Adapter, and I pair my device in the Playback and Recording devices when I tried to connect it worked for very short time and after this somehow disconnected by itself.
I don't know if I explain well what's happened, but if you want to ask something to make clear, please don't hesitate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-problem.206560/
Relevancy 20.64%

I'm attempting to connect my laptop to my Wi-Fi but I'm having problems. I'm able to connect other devices with no problems, but when I try connection my laptop I get a "limited connection" message with a yellow triangle. Someone please help!! Tell me what info about my laptop you need from me.

A:Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

"Other devices"? Do you mean other WiFi networks? If so, then reboot your router. Also make sure your laptop's wireless can handle what your router is outputting (ac, n? 2.4vs5.8Ghz).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wi-fi.205919/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've never come across this and need a few more heads on this. All of a sudden this evening I am unable to upload to the internet. I've tried uploading to Facebook, gmail, and drop box all with a laptop, galaxy tab, HTC one phone, ( these three on wireless internet) and our hp desktop (hard wired). I can download from each program with all devices as well as browse internet and play YouTube videos. I've rebooted each device. Rebooted modem, router, as well as removed the router from the equation. I had my local isp (Wow! Internet) reboot their end twice. They say they have no problems in our area and it's not on their end.... Anyone ran across this or have any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-upload-can-download.205781/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello everyone,

I have an Hp Pavilion that I got about 2 years ago and I do play games on it. One game in general which is League of Legends. My concern is that if anyone knows about this game during teamfights when the computer is operating extensively because of all the action going on I always frame lag. My frames drop only during fights. When nothing is happening my frames are okay. As well other programs on my computer run slowly now as well like windows media player and just when I'm starting programs up on my comp. This happened now so long ago and it was a sudden change. I don't know what to try anymore. I have reformatted my comp and still the same issue. Help would be much appreciated thank you.

A:Hp Pavilion Dv7 FPS drop during games

The HP Pavilion could be over-heating. After years of use, the CPU's thermal pads and paste become hardened and this causes the CPU to run hotter and hotter causing game play to suffer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv7-fps-drop-during-games.203061/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just got a new system that is rather light on the USB ports, so I figured I'd take advantage of the built in bluetooth. That being said are there any bluetooth mice that the users of Techspot either own and like, or find appealing? I tend to like my mice full sized and being contoured for the right hand is a bonus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-bluetooth-mouse.203145/
Relevancy 19.78%

As the title says I'm trying to connect my HP3050 printer to my computer wirelessly. Problem is I get this:

The story goes that in the past week or so we swapped to a different internet provider and have swapped out the old modem/router for one that the new company has provided.
Prior to this no problems at all.

How do I counter this, I.e. remove the problem of what appears to be the availability of two routers, the new and the old?

Thanks,
Tom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-my-hp3050-printer-wirelessly.202822/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello all,

I've recently bought a HP Pavilion 15-n252sq laptop, with Free Dos - unfortunately I can't install Windows 7 over it, due to the following error I keep receiveing in the Installation screen:

"Select the driver to be installed" - and regardless of the paths I have and the available folders, I can not seem to proceed wtih the W7 installation.

Please notice that, I've tried to use both a W7 DVD and also a bootable USB drive (and yes, connected in the USB 2.0 port and not USB 3.0 ) - but I always get to the same point where I have to select drivers.

Please also notice that the BIOS doesn't allow me to make any modifications except for some minor ones (like select boot priority, or enable USB 3.0), as the rest of the MAIN features are greyed out .

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Regards,
Adrian

A:HP Pavilion 15-n252sq - Can not install Windows over Free Dos

You may have to use a program Like KillDisk to reformat the drive. Then try installing your Win 7 DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-15-n252sq-can-not-install-windows-over-free-dos.202523/
Relevancy 20.21%

I bought a Samsung 840 SSD (120GB) for my gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 motherboard. I am unable to install win 7 64bit on it. It is a SATA SSD.

I have tried ACHD mode in the BIOS, I have tried IDE mode. The drive works as I have tested it as an external drive on other computers.

I bought the drive specifically to be used as a primary drive.

My regular hard drives work fine on the motherboard.

A:Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

Well, first of all, your motherboard only supports 3GB/s and the 840 is a 6GB/s drive. Just by that you won't really get your moneys worth. And how so are you unable to install? Also can you please list your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-ssd-on-win7-x64-system.190141/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello everyone,

I'm using windows 7 on my pc and try to connect to my home wireless connection .
every time I try to connect and enter the password, it won't be connected.
However, I'm using my laptop and phone to connect and it worked properly.

Please help my problem
Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

How is your wireless Configured. I have seen many issues when using mixed mode in certain Linksys or Cisco Products. What kind of adapter are you using on y our PC for wireless Connection? Has it ever worked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-connection.199928/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello Guys

I recently changed my motherborad , and I have a new Graphics card and new processeur ,
Graphics Card :
-AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
-AMD Radeon HD 6470M
I used every way to update the graphics card , sometimes it appears the blue screen , and then the drivers never up to date , help me as soon please

Computer : HP pavilion g6 Notebook PC
System : Windows 7 64 bits

this is an image from my computer
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/618x354q90/687/l9s.png

A:HP pavilion g6 Notebook PC

Have you worked on or repaired many laptops? English is not your first language?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-g6-notebook-pc.199831/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello
guys please I need your help, my laptop keep saying
Unable to connect to the proxy server what can I do to fit it please

A:Unable to connect to the proxy server

You are getting this message because the laptop can't find a wireless network to connect to...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-the-proxy-server.199618/
Relevancy 26.66%

I built a computer a few months ago. At the time I couldn't afford to buy an SSD so I just bought a 1TB HDD. However I just bought a new 128GB SSD and I would like to move Windows 7 OS to the SSD but keep all the games I've already installed on my HDD. I don't want to waste 128GB on games when I could save it for stuff that I want to run faster. My problem is that I don't know how to move my Windows 7 OS to the SSD and keep the games on my HDD and be able to play them. Could I just install windows 7 on the SSD and then navigate to the D: drive and play my games. Also could I delete the OS on the HDD and keep just the games and applications I want on the HDD?
Thanks in advance!

A:Transfer OS to new SSD and keep Games on HDD

So the current 1TB hdd is in the system & you now have a 128 ssd in as well? if I am correct, then you are wanting windows on the ssd & the hdd as the "data" storage, correct??

first to clone the existing win7 to the ssd you will need a 3rd party cloning app, try one of these: http://clonezilla.org/ http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm both do a good job, terabye unlimited is a much easier interface to navigate than clonezilla.

once the hdd is cloned to the ssd, then disconnect power to the hdd & boot with ssd alone. when it boot up into windows successfully a few times, then adjust bios settings so that ssd is the main boot drive and the hdd is NOT the main boot drive. now boot the system with the hdd power plugged in and boot into windows, it will detect the hdd, reboot, then back up again. now browse to the hdd and move & delete files accordingly. Games on steam & origin can be pointed to the hdd - check each vendor's support site for instructions on doing so.

Post back, Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transfer-os-to-new-ssd-and-keep-games-on-hdd.198821/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there,

Is there a way to use bluetooth speakers as well system speakers at the same time?

Using windows 8 6bit
and bluetooth Jawbone Bigjam speakers.

Thanks

A:Bluetooth Speakers

I think yes, but you need to use some other sound output manager. Windows built-in one doesn't support multiple output via different type.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-speakers.199317/
Relevancy 26.66%

I do not have an internet connection on the other PC so sharing files wouldn't work....So I need to know how to transfer files using LAN cable.....there are a lot of videos on youtube on how to transfer files form windows 7 to windows 7 but I have windows xp (on both PC) Or maybe transfer it in another way that excludes having internet connection on both PC-s..

A:How to transfer files from XP to XP

You could do it with a 'crossover' cable. It is like an ethernet cable, but the wires on either end aren't identical.

But.. if you don't have one of those, buying one would be just as expensive as buying a USB flash drive of 4-32 gigs in size depending on where you would buy the crossover cable.

So, IMO, using a flash drive of suitable size (larger than the largest single file you will transfer) and using multiple 'trips' as necessary is the easiest way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-transfer-files-from-xp-to-xp.198876/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi I was wondering what form factor type this Pc has BTX or ATX, if im wrong in saying this please point me in the right direction, I require at least a 500W PSU and I am only purchasing in australia, Maybe from china if on ebay

Current specs:
8gb RAM
1gb VRAM (Nvidia Geforce 520)
Intel i7 2600 - Quad core
1.06TB Storage

A:HP Pavilion P6-2055a PSU Upgrade

According the the Manufacturer details, you have a standard ATX PSU so as long as you stick with that, you can fit pretty much any inside your machine. It does look like the 300Watt version inside the machine is a bit short compared to normal PSU's, but as long as you still have space, it should fit just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-p6-2055a-psu-upgrade.198740/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am finding this problem to be a bit of a puzzler I have pc s networked together and connected to the internet through a switch and Unable the browse internet 7 to Windows then to a BTrouter all connected via Ethernet cabling None will connect to any page using IE one Unable to browse the internet Windows 7 has google chrome that will open google do a search if Unable to browse the internet Windows 7 I type in a subject but if I try to open one of the found pages it won t open them if I type in a website address same problem If I go into windows Live mail it will send and receive mails suggesting to me that internet is connected I have ran scans with Combofix and Malwarebytes which found next to nothing and booted into safe mode but still no success I can access the software on the routers so that connection is fine Have rebooted router and also changed the router for a different make and still no success both routers seem to tell me that broadband is connected This was all working OK some days ago and then all stopped working Any suggestions would be gratefully received nbsp

A:Unable to browse the internet Windows 7

Let's try this; using an Admin user login, get the command prompt and then enter:

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
Quit any existing browser, restart a browser and try Google again.
If you can run like this (btw: it will be slower to resolve the url), then we need to investigate youretc\hosts file. If you still can't surf the net correctly, we need to dig deeper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-browse-the-internet-windows-7.198415/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a Western Digital drive and it keeps freezing the transfer process around 15 seconds remaining. I am trying to transfer my movie files to it. The files are around 750 megs to 2.5 gigs each. I am trying to do them one at a time. I have got it to transfer about 3 movies to the device. When the transfer locks I have to turn off the computer and turn it back on to get it to stop. Its I think a 110 gig external.

A:Western Digital Drive Freezes Transfer Process

Some details you have left out.
Age of PC
Desktop or Laptop
How much RAM?
Single, Dual or Quad or high CPU.
Size of HDD
What source are you using to transfer file to the HDD?
Are you using a network LAN?
Speed of the LAN 10, 100, 10000?

When you do this type of work make sure the PC doesn't go to sleep and keep an eye on it.
Make sure the HDD doesn't have any bad blocks do a check disk (CHKDSK C: /F
Make sure the HDD is de-fragmented
Make sure the HDD has done quick or full optimized (use ULTRA DEFRAG FREE)
Make sure the system is cleaned using JetClean Free

The condition of the HDD is very important also the source your transferring from too it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/western-digital-drive-freezes-transfer-process.197415/
Relevancy 19.78%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi. I use a 1tb external hard drive to store music, photos and movies. I use it on my Imac, also on my Asus e-book. I see that the external hard drive is partitioned into two. How or why I don't know. What I do know is that the first part is now full, and I cant see the second part when plugged into the USB on either computer. Could anyone help me by suggesting how I can access the second 500gig? Id appreciate answers in plain English, I really dont understand more than the basics, and the clearer ans simpler the answers the more I will learn, and thanks to all those about to read this !

A:Unable to access both partitions on external hard drive

Back-up all your data on the first partition.​
Right click on "My computer" and click "manage".This should take you to the computer management screen.​
Look at the left, you should see an option that says "Disk Management"; Click on it.​
You should be able to see all the disc partitions, find your External HDD partitions.​
Right-Click on the 2nd partition and delete it.​
After that right click on your first partition and select the option to "Extend Partition"​
​If you are confused, or need confirmation for anything please don't hesitate to ask.​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-both-partitions-on-external-hard-drive.195074/
Relevancy 26.66%

My old wireless setup finally crapped out so thought I d try Bluetooth with the longer range One thing I didn t know about Bluetooth at least with this particular keyboard and mouse to a small extent is that after a brief period of inactivity it unconnects or deactivates or whatever and to reactive it I have to type a key and then wait for seconds or more for it to come alive Very irritating especially like when I m trying to sign into something or am Bluetooth problems Keyboard working Bluetooth Keyboard problems on something I ve looked in the app and don t see anything where I can turn that off I don t mind replacing the rechargeable batteries more often if I can avoid that deactivating thing Any suggestions or am I just stuck with that Maybe back to quot old fashioned quot wireless At least those were quot always on quot or Bluetooth Keyboard problems whatever you d call it It s a Microsoft mobile keyboard and mouse There was a small install CD that came with them I don t know if the dongle would make any difference Thanks nbsp

A:Bluetooth Keyboard problems

Well, on the hopes there was something in the Bluetooth app that I missed, I went back and took another look.

Not much there, really. But I enabled Bluetooth Network (even tho I only have the BT keyboard and mouse and no other BT devices) and enabled sharing with other BT devices (I guess between the keyboard and mouse and dongle or ?).

None of those seemed particularly applicable when I looked at them before, but
whichever one of those did something, I did a test on the keyboard and at least
yet it hasn't shut off even waiting several minutes.

Actually, would be nice if everything PC / Windows would be that simple!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-keyboard-problems.193985/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,
I used my computer to transfer back up files from an old hard drive to a brand new one. I did not open the individual files, just cut/pasted them onto the new drive. Well the new drive dies on me and I no longer have the old drive.
I was wondering if my computer copied the files onto itself during the transfer process and if it did, is there any way I can recover them?
Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.

A:File transfer/copy

Ouch; Especially for large transfers, file movement from media{a} -> media{b} use no intermediate cache or temp files. IMO, unless CHKDSK c: /F /R can fix the new drive, I think you're in deep dodo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-transfer-copy.191860/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all My parents have an HP Pavilion entertainment laptop that frankly didn t run well when it was new but is really struggling to open programs now I am thinking of putting in an SSD as a boot drive and moving the HDD into the optical bay and upgrading the RAM to the max of Also possibly Pavilion 1100? HP dv6 Should upgrade I upgrading to Windows I think would confuse them My dad does a lot of photo editing using Lightroom Other than that it s basic word excel amp Internet browsing only Is it worth it for me to put a few hundred dollars I figure about into the laptop or should they look for a new desktop instead It would be worth it to me to extend the life of the laptop with a view to buying new down the road Here are the current specs HP Pavilion dv t- GB RAM Intel Core Duo T Should I upgrade HP Pavilion dv6 1100? Ghz bit Vista ATI Mobility Radeon HD Thank you nbsp

A:Should I upgrade HP Pavilion dv6 1100?

I would keep the HDD, clean install Windows 7 (check out this article for help: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/clean-install, it is for Windows 8, but the same applies to Win 7), and upgrade the RAM. I wouldnt add an SSD because your CPU is pretty old and the SSD will be bottlenecked by it and therefore it would not help. I recommend Clean installing Windows over the SSD because clean installing gives the "New" PC feel to old hardware like an SSD does to semi-new PCs. The RAM will also make a huge difference. After you clean install Windows, report back and ill tell you what drivers you need (you only really need a display driver).

I think it is a good choice to wait for a new laptop down the road. This upgrade will gain you a few years, but dont expect to game on it. Keep in mind, clean installing Windows will delete all of your data! So use these sites to help assist you in your back up adventure:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/back-up-your-files (For Windows 7, but Vista is basically the same I think).
I recommend this less since it transfers old settings (which can be causing the performance hit you are experiencing) to the new install: http://lifehacker.com/5983652/how-t...without-losing-your-files-settings-and-tweaks

Windows 7 will set you back a hundred bucks: http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Premium-64bit-System-Builder/dp/B004Q0PT3I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366680086&sr=8-1&keywords=windows 7
But it is worth the upgrade. If you are a student you can sometimes get discounts thru Microsoft but since they want to separate themselves from Win7, they may not offer this anymore. But they still do for Win8, but it is hard to find an institutions other than universities.

Use this tool to find out what RAM supports your system: http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner (tell me if the link doesnt work since I am running OS X now and it automatically sends me to the download for OS X, so I cut off some of the URL)

Finally, install the Catalyst Software Suite after you have clean installed Windows 7 and added the RAM: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/legacy/Pages/legacy-radeonaiw-vista64.aspx

Keep in Mind: You should install the newest BIOS revision for your laptop before upgrading to Win 7 to avoid errors: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...TypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3873224&taskId=135

Don't be afraid to ask questions . Sorry if this essay is intimidating .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-upgrade-hp-pavilion-dv6-1100.191797/
Relevancy 20.21%

First post and here is the story I have an old broken XP laptop A friend loaned me his IDE SATA to USB cable so I could get some files off the hard drive I proceeded from computer another one Unable data to get to to connect and download what I wanted o my Acer windows computer I put everything into a folder I can open that folder and read the Docs and Unable to get data from one computer to another look at the pictures no problem I copied the info to an external HDD I tried to download it to my wife s laptop but it is not there I tried to load the same info on to a Cruzer Flash drive and transfer it the same way The folder is empty is what I get when I click on the flash drive letter If I put it back into my computer I can read it If I click properties of the drive it shows the space being used I also tried to put the info onto a laptop at work same thing If I add an unrelated file onto the flash drive it works normally These files are possessed Help I guess you can t edit the title nbsp

A:Unable to get data from one computer to another

It could be because you could have "hide hidden files/folders" checked. Just a guess, good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-get-data-from-one-computer-to-another.190609/
Relevancy 25.8%

I've copying files from one external hard drive to another and though both are USB 3 the transfer rate is 4MB/s or less. What is up? Both drives have been much faster by themselves.

A:Transfer speed between two external hard drives is 4MB/s :(

What kinda files? Lots of small files don't do well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transfer-speed-between-two-external-hard-drives-is-4mb-s.189385/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello Community My name is Andrew Fratello and I work for a computer repair shop in Florida I m new in the field at a professional level but I ve been tinkering with computers since I was a little kid I m new to this site as well and I hope it to bring me some good help with some of my future work if I cant trouble shoot it myself The HP Pavilion Dv - dx Laptop came into the shop today The problem with the PC is that it doesn t have any display HP laptop Dv6-3025dx issue Pavilion display at all You can turn it on and it will stay on just fine but even when I plug in a VGA cord connected to one of our shop HP Pavilion Dv6-3025dx laptop display issue monitors the screen still isn t displaying If it was a LCD screen issue I m sure I would have been getting video feed from the external monitor which leads me to believe that the motherboard is malfunctioning I want to double check here with you guys and get a couple opinions before I let the guy know what the problem is and what needs replacing The last thing I want to do is have the gentleman buy a new part that is worth a couple hundred and then it turning out to not have been the problem at all Please get back to me ASAP Thanks and looking forward to your responses nbsp

A:HP Pavilion Dv6-3025dx laptop display issue

My guess would be the video chip. If you are not getting it on either screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv6-3025dx-laptop-display-issue.187734/
Relevancy 26.66%

Morning all The audio jack on my tablet has stopped working which doesn t bother me too much because I ve got some bluetooth headphones which I use to listen to my music on there However I ve got a huge flight coming up soon with my partner and there s loads of TV shows I have on it that we d ideally want to watch and listen to together If only my audio Multiple headphones bluetooth out worked I could just put a headphone splitter into it But I Multiple bluetooth headphones m trying to investigate whether you can get a bluetooth receiver like this http www amazon co uk JUSTOP-BTR -Bluetooth-Wireless-Universal dp B NDDEVQ So that receiver will pick up the audio then pass the audio into something like this http www amazon co uk Belkin-BKF s electronics amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Which I can then plug two sets of headphones into and bingo we can both watch and listen to the same thing on my tablet on the plane Would that work Or have I created a ludicrously complicated way of achieving this when a much simpler multi-bluetooth audio out system exists In a nutshell my question is this What s the easiest way get audio to two sets of headphones from one tablet if the audio out plug doesn t work nbsp

A:Multiple bluetooth headphones

I dont think your bluetooth audio adapter is able to drive 2 headphones at reasonable volume level. unless, you get a small headphone amplifier. but then you'll have 3 devices connected and I think it's not worth the hassle. the amplifier itself is cheap, look for something like fiio e3. I have it and it should cost less than 10 bucks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-E3-Hea...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353073889&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-3-5m...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353073843&sr=1-2

a single alkaline AAA battery could last for about 10h on my heavy usage. but im not sure if the bluetooth adapter could do the same.

bluetooth adapter -> fiio e3 -> 2way splitter

actually this way, it wouldnt be too much of a hassle. the 3.5mm jack of the bluetooth can be plugged directly into the fiio e3 as well as the 2way splitter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-bluetooth-headphones.187262/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a hp pavillion d4000 and I want to upgrade the processor. It has a 3.2 ghz amd but when I go to hp's website to see what the max processor I can put in it it hasl only a 2.4 ghz processor listed in the replacement parts list.

A:Processor upgrade in HP Pavilion D4000

Whats the exact model number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-upgrade-in-hp-pavilion-d4000.185689/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys so its been like a week now of me trying to get audio on my computer, Iv download, uninstall my audio drivers to my computer nothing has worked.
I had 1 Logitech headset that would only work for my computer, Any new headsets or speakers I bought wouldn't work.
When I go to my control panel> hardware and sound> device manager it says I have,Real teck higher definition installed.
The Small volume icon in the bottom right corner has an x in it, And when I open volume mixer,
It says no audio devices installed.
I already checked Bios.
Please someone help me before I go mad!
Appreciate it.
As well when I go into Dxdiag, It says error problem getting extra sound info

This is my dxdiag Shot

Also in my Msinfo32, When I clicked problem devices, Nothing showed up

A:Going crazy. HP Pavilion a6345f PC with no audio

Have you tried uninstalling all audio drivers and rebooting, then let windows install it's generic audio driver and see if there's sound? Sometimes another program or driver will corrupt the audio driver and requires un-installing the hardware (in Device Manager) and re-booting, then see if Windows finds a driver for it. I looked on Asus website for the latest audio drivers, but for the 4 versions of this motherboard, none have driver support for Vista or newer, only up to XP. Why are you using Vista, anyway? That's arguably the worst OS in existence, mostly because of driver problems. Still, Vista should have generic drivers for on board audio in it's driver database or you could try using the XP drivers from Asus http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_478/P4PEXSE/#download . If that doesn't work you may have a fried sound card. I've seen this problem a few times on older systems, either all drivers and everything looks good but still no sound, or drivers won't install because this hardware has a problem. In these cases I was forced to assume the output side was fried (after hours of troubleshooting and trying 3rd party drivers) and just install a cheap ($20) audio card (which probably sounds better than the on board audio anyway). I see you have PCI and PCIe slots so any card will fit. Here's a decent card for cheap; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020
Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/going-crazy-hp-pavilion-a6345f-pc-with-no-audio.185117/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi All I am having a weird issue with my Cisco router From the router I am able to ping and reach out to the internet but from the client I am able to reach out to the internet but unable to ping I am not sure where is the issue but when I traceroute to it my packets are dropped at my routers interface All my pings from the client time out I checked the Access list to make sure ICMP is not blocked Following is my running conf ip audit notify log ip audit po max-events ip ssh break-string ipv unicast-routing no ftp-server write-enable no scripting tcl init no scripting tcl encdir no voice hpi capture buffer no voice hpi capture destination interface Loopback description abc ip address interface FastEthernet description Connection to officeswitch ip address duplex full speed ipv rip abc enable no ipv mfib fast interface FastEthernet description ISP ip address ip access-group ISP -IN in ip access-group ISP -OUT out ip route-cache flow duplex full speed auto interface Serial description ISP ip address ip access-group Verio-IN in ip access-group Verio-OUT out ip route-cache flow serial restart-delay interface Serial no unable ping Can from router ping from client to but machines ip address shutdown serial restart-delay interface Serial no ip address shutdown serial restart-delay interface Serial no ip address shutdown serial restart-delay router ospf log-adjacency-changes network area default-information originate router bgp no synchronization bgp Can ping from router but unable to ping from client machines log-neighbor-changes network mask aggregate-address summary-only no auto-summary ip classless ip flow-export source Loopback ip flow-export version ip flow-aggregation cache protocol-port enabled ip flow-aggregation cache prefix enabled no ip http server no ip http secure-server ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list deny ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip as-path access-list permit ip access-list standard Access permit deny any log ip access-list extended ISP -IN permit tcp host any eq www log permit icmp any any log deny ip any log deny tcp any any eq ftp log deny tcp any any eq smtp log deny tcp any any eq log deny ip any log permit ip any any ip access-list extended ISP -OUT permit icmp any any log permit ip any any ip access-list extended ISP -IN permit icmp any any log deny ip any log deny tcp any any eq ftp log deny tcp any any eq smtp log deny tcp any any eq deny ip any log permit ip any any ip access-list extended ISP -OUT permit ip any any permit icmp any any logging trap debugging logging source-interface Loopback snmp-server community apricot RO snmp-server trap-source Loopback snmp-server location S Ellsworth Ave Suite snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkdown linkup coldstart warmstart snmp-server enable traps tty snmp-server enable traps config snmp-server enable traps envmon fan shutdown supply temperature snmp-server enable traps bgp redistribute static route-map ISP PATH permit match as-path route-map ISP PATH permit match as-path set as-path prepend route-map SETPATH permit match as-path set as-path prepend I will appreciate any input to help me solve this problem nbsp

A:Can ping from router but unable to ping from client machines

I am able to reach out to the internet but unable to ping Click to expand...

ping is not required to have connectivity - - it is only a test & traceroute tool.

From the client, get a command prompt (or in Linux a Terminal) use nslookup google.com
If it returns the IP address of google, then you can ignore the ping problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-ping-from-router-but-unable-to-ping-from-client-machines.185071/
Relevancy 20.21%

I?ve never had to set the BIOS password, but the kids are growing up and I need to lock access to my PC.

My Bios has two Password Options: Supervisor and User.

The Supervisor password was accepted, and before I attempt to change the BIOS settings, the Supervisor password is asked for.

Then I set the user password.

However, when I boot up the PC, I am not asked for any password and windows loads as usual.

What am I missing?

The BIOS is Award Software International, Inc. F4 HI 07/03/2007

A:Unable to set BIOS user password

Do you have the option mentioned below?

Setting a BIOS Password

Now you'll want to set your system to ask for that password every time it boots, so select the BIOS FEATURES SETUP option, to see a menu something like this:

Fairly obviously, it's the Password Check option we're interested in, so select it and change the setting to ALWAYS.

etc....Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-set-bios-user-password.183774/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi

So I'm going to upgrade the default HDD on my laptop HP Pavilion DV6 2153.eo. There are two things that I'm not so sure of tho.

1. Can I get a SATA/III SSD HDD and throw it in the laptop <- are the SATA/III SSD HDDs backward compatible with/to SATA/II

2. What HDD should I get, it should at least be something like 180Gb but then also the price shouldn't be sky high...and then ofc I should also be able to get it here in north Europe

P.S. I'm also going to get more ram...is there anything else that can be upgraded..?

A:Upgrading HDD on a HP Pavilion DV6

...a bump here maybe...gonna need to order the parts soon so O_o

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-hdd-on-a-hp-pavilion-dv6.183619/
Relevancy 27.09%

I bought a laptop from a on line site. It is a Dell Inspiron 1545. I'am not able to connect it to my wireless printer. It tells me that installation has failed every time I try. It has a bluetooth device installed on it. Help? What should I do????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-device.183156/
Relevancy 26.66%

Today, I bought an External Hard Drive...WD My Book Live 2TB

When transfering all my music and films to it... I noticed I was getting a peak transfer speed of 10 MBps

My BT Infinity Modem can apparently handle up to 1,000 Mbps.

My math tells me that 1,000 / 8 != 10...

What is bottle-necking my speed? How can I fix that?

I am using Ethernet cables to do it all....

It is not the external Hard drive, it has a built in CPU to help with the speeds and remote cloud access...

I noticed this problem in the past but haven't a clue...

A:Slow network transfer

I take it that your NIC is set up to transmit data at 1000Mbps, under the Network Connections properties? (apologies in advance if this is ridiculously obvious! )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-network-transfer.181250/
Relevancy 19.35%

hey can anyone help me out here?

I tried portforward.com's guide and editing the registry game data port, still cant host games

running windows vista 7

A:Unable to host games in StarCraft with Comcast modem on Linksys e1000

Make sure the game is not blocked by any firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-host-games-in-starcraft-with-comcast-modem-on-linksys-e1000.181314/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi Everyone

I have a laptop with Windows 7 installed, using USB 3G device connect though the Internet. The problem is I have 3 machines and a spare router that I want to share the Internet.

Can you please advise how to share the internet from a laptop through a router ?

A:Unable to share the Internet from a laptop through a router

Hello! Sadly, for all intents and purposes, it just doesn't work like that. I'm not saying it's impossible, because I have read how techies have made this happen - but it requires an insane amount of configuration, 3rd party software, a little programming, and a good grasp of linux. The router has to have the internet connection to share out to other computers. Go and get a wifi hotspot instead of a 3G USB device. The wifi hotspot, depending on the provider, should support up to 5+ connections. Another option is the see what ISPs are in your area, get service at your residence, then you could use the router. Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-share-the-internet-from-a-laptop-through-a-router.179668/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a Dell Latitude D with Windows XP installed on it My Wireless adapter is an Intel R Wireless Wifi Link AGN My current issue is that after my router Belkin F D v crashed and had to be reset I have not been able to access my router It says it is unable to renew the IP address However I am able to access a different unsecured wireless network and my other computer has no trouble accessing the router When I try to run ipconfig to renew address Unable IP it opens the cmd prompt and quickly closes it I can run ipconfig by opening cmd prompt and entering the command from there The only thing that I can think of is that something got messed up after the router crash or its a result of installing Ad-Aware Antivirus which I have since uninstalled and am still having issues Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Only shows settings for LAN which are IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Under Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected When I try to put a manual IP address into the wireless TCP IP settings it connects to my router for about seconds and then disconnects nbsp

A:Unable to renew IP address

I'm an *****

Leaving this post up for anyone wanting a good laugh... and for anyone else who is also dumb.

I solved my issue by retyping the password.

Nothing like wasting 2 hours over just needing to refresh the password... Ugh...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-renew-ip-address.179909/
Relevancy 26.23%

hi, I have a 2 year old emachine e630 notebook with both usb ports broken. I do not want to spend money replacing ports. I can't find detailed information about the mb except that it is an acer e630 mb. i would like to know if the mb has a socket for an internal blue tooth device or where i can find this information. I have looked at the on line manual but there is no mention of socket.

I would be very grateful for any information, and as this is my 1st post on any forum site i hope its in the right place, thank you

A:Can I put a internal Bluetooth device into a eMachines e630

You could use one of these... If the PCMCIA socket is still working:
http://www.ecrater.com/p/13107698/billionton-class-1-pcmcia-bluetooth-adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-put-a-internal-bluetooth-device-into-a-emachines-e630.178528/
Relevancy 19.78%

i am unable to reset my router back to default username/password setting.ive been able to reset it in the past, but i cant remember what i did.

i have held the reset button down for 90 secs. then i unplugged the router while still holding down the reset button for an additional 90 secs. and finally plugged the power back in again still holding the reset button for an additional 90 secs.

ive tried switching between different web browser. default gateway is 198.162.1.1

tried using cmd prompt. used ipconfig /release. ipconfig /renew. just for the heck of it.

ive also read that this same model and version is giving alot of people trouble as far as resetting it goes.

honestly, im not sure what firmware i have installed. im not sure how to check it... if that may be the issue.

while trying to login to router via firefox, i get the security level 15 message

cant remember my username/password

A:Unable to reset linksys BEFW11S4 ver 4 router

Sounds like your router needs a hard reset, the following has helped me in some cases, but be aware, if these procedures don't work, than your router has gone bye bye, it's junk.

To reset your router to factory defaults, use the following procedure:

1) Power down all computers, the router, and the modem, and unplug them from the wall.
2) Disconnect all wires from the router.
3) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
4) Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then release it, then let the router reset and reboot (2-3 minutes).
5) Power down the router.
6) Connect one computer by wire to port 1 on the router (NOT to the internet port).
7) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
8) Power up the computer (if the computer has a wireless card, make sure it is off).
9) Try to ping the router. To do this, click the "Start" button > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. A black DOS box will appear. Enter the following: "ping 192.168.1.1" (no quotes), and hit the Enter key. You will see 3 or 4 lines that start either with "Reply from ... " or "Request timed out." If you see "Reply from ...", your computer has found your router.
10) Open your browser and point it to 192.168.1.1. This will take you to your router's login page. Leave the user name blank, and in the password field, enter "admin" (with no quotes). This will take you to your router setup page. Note the version number of your firmware (usually listed near upper right corner of screen). Exit your browser.

If you get this far without problems, try the setup disk (or setup the router manually, if you prefer), and see if you can get your router setup and working.

If you cannot get "Reply from ..." in step 9 above, your router is dead.

If there's some time left on any type or warrenty for this device, I would recommend using it, that is if in fact your router is dead.

Good luck.............hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-reset-linksys-befw11s4-ver-4-router.178724/
Relevancy 26.66%

For the last month my new pc rig has ran fine, with only one BSOD wich I located and found a driver fix for it (marvell btw) but today I booted it up and now my integrated bluetooth shot me an error message. "Cannot detect bluetooth device in com port 0" Any thoughts? It was working fine till today, and I have seen a few posts from other people with same issue but no solutions. This is an Asus P8Z68-V PRO/Gen3 Motherboard.

A:Integrated mobo Bluetooth

Wow no one has any insight on this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-mobo-bluetooth.178299/
Relevancy 20.21%

I want to use virtualbox software it says in settings that you need to enable the virtualization option in host system to add more than one cpu.But in the bios i was unable to find the option.Please help me.

A:Unable to see virtualization option in BIOS

may not support it. make sure you look up the processor you have and check if it supports it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-see-virtualization-option-in-bios.177946/
Relevancy 20.21%

I get "windows was unable to complete the format" error when I try to format my micro sd card on my computer. So I check everywhere in the drive and I find a folder that gives me "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error when I try to delete or access it. I can delete everything else but it reappears after I reinserted the drive. I tried to format with command prompt and I get "invalid media or track 0 bad - disk unusable." I also treid Panasonic SDFormatter but I get "the memory card is write protected please release the write protect switch" which I did.This all happen after I tried to format it on my phone and connected it to my PC. I'm using windows xp pro build 2600 sp 3 and my micro sd card is a sandisk.

A:Unable to format my 2GB microSD

It could just be a bad sd card. They won't last forever.

What I would do (aside from what you've already done) is put the micro sd card in its full sd adapter (that came with it I'm sure) and then put that in a camera and format it there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-format-my-2gb-microsd.177968/
Relevancy 25.8%

daughter gave me Toshiba tablet,How do I go about changing the registration on it?

A:Transfer registration to new owner on Toshiba tablet

Call Toshiba support...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transfer-registration-to-new-owner-on-toshiba-tablet.177782/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi Guys Mike here,My old computer crashed during a lightening storm(mobo was bad)and bought a new HP pavillion slimline.Whats the best way to get "my documents "my pictures" from my old hD.This very important to me as i have a lot of pics of my daughter on that old hd and she passed away 8/26/2010 at the age of 39.Thanks Regards Mike

A:Best way to transfer my documents/pictures from corrupt hard drive

Hi Mike
Assuming your hard drive is still in working order and uncorrupted by the lightning strike I don`t think it should be too difficult.
I had a similar problem and got round it by buying a :- USB 2.0 to SATA IDE Hard Drive Adapter Converter Cable, of Ebay in the UK for approx Ģ7.USB-SATA-IDE-Hard-Drive-Adapter-Converter (brilliant piece of kit and worth every penny)
Just remove the HD from the old computer and power it up on your desk using the purchased device and connect to your new computer USB port.
Open Windows Explorer on your new computer to view the contents of your old HD and "Drag and Drop" or "Copy & Paste" the files required to your new computer.
If your old HD is corrupt as mine was you may require some suitable software. I used "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard" (not the free edition) although the free edition may be worth trying before going to any great expense.
Hopefully your HD is uncorrupted.
Hope you fully understood my explanation and good luck.
Regards
Danny

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-transfer-my-documents-pictures-from-corrupt-hard-drive.177245/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey there,

I am trying to pull old files from my hard drive that was in my old computer running Windows XP. I have it plugged in via extenal housing/Reader if you will and when I try to copy or drag the files a windows shows up saying access is denied. Is this because of user logins or something with XP or something crazy like this and is there a way to copy these files over to my other computer that is running XP as well.

Thanks

A:Unable to copy files from old hard drive even with carriage

You need to take ownership. Here is a thread with instructions: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8914.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-copy-files-from-old-hard-drive-even-with-carriage.176761/
Relevancy 20.21%

Using laptop Toshiba Satellite A -S with Vista installed originally I later had Vista removed amp XP installed and all XP updates are installed Device Manager shows Network Adapters Net Adapter and Intel PRO Wireless ABG The info on the Net Adapter is Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC The Properties for Bus Driver indicates version When using Windows Repair function for Connection I get this msg quot TCP IP is not enabled for Web to Unable via connect to telnet connection this connection quot I have researched other posts for this message and have tried just about every solution offered but nothing has worked Attempts to update the driver resulted Unable to connect to Web via telnet connection in msg indicating the current driver is the best available I went online to see if an update is available and on pcpitstop com found Windows XP -bit driver Should I download amp install this driver to see if it helps I have worked on Unable to connect to Web via telnet connection this for days and am at my wits end The reason I need the wired connection is that it must be used by Carbonite to perform a complete online backup of my computer nbsp

A:Unable to connect to Web via telnet connection

1394 is NOT ethernet, it is firewire (an apple standard) and is not (usually ) used to access the internet. You information is conflicting. The Intel PRO connection would be the one used for internet (WAN) or LAN. The firewire port looks completely different than an ethernet port and more resembles a USB connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-web-via-telnet-connection.176520/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am sorry to bother you with something simple but I can't seem to find the right info. I have an HP Pavilion 533W that is running a 1.79GHZ processor, I have not removed it, only looked for the specs..

I have an Intel Celeron D 2.53 GHZ /256/533 that I bought new for a similar model but the motherboard ended up bad. I would like to upgrade with this extra processor I have but I can't find enough info on these to find out if it will work. I am almost down to just having to uninstall it and compare the cpu's.

I was hoping that someone would know the answer since this is not my strong point in the computer business. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Want to upgrade CPU on a Pavilion 533W

If the Celeron fits in the CPU socket, try it...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-upgrade-cpu-on-a-pavilion-533w.175181/
Relevancy 20.21%

Yesterday I posted this Ethernet connect to Web via to connection Unable same info under the title quot Unable to connect to web via Telnet connection quot I have gotten no responses and realized I should have said Ethernet instead of Telnet My Ethernet connection is what my problem really is I have copied the content of the earlier post to this new post in hopes that someone will look at my problem and offer some advice Here goes Using laptop Toshiba Satellite A -S with Vista installed originally I later had Unable to connect to Web via Ethernet connection Vista removed amp XP installed and all XP updates are installed Device Manager shows Network Adapters Net Adapter and Intel PRO Wireless ABG The info on the Net Adapter is Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC The Properties for Bus Driver indicates version When using Windows Repair function for Connection I get this msg quot TCP IP is not enabled for this connection quot I have researched other posts for this message and have tried just about every solution offered but nothing has worked Attempts to update the driver resulted in msg indicating the current driver is the best available I went online to see if an update is available and on pcpitstop com found Windows XP -bit driver Should I download amp install this driver to see if it helps I have worked on this for days and am at my wits end The reason I need the wired connection is that it must be used by Carbonite to perform a complete online backup of my computer nbsp

A:Unable to connect to Web via Ethernet connection

KarenLB said:

I have gotten no responses, and realized I should have said Ethernet instead of Telnet.Click to expand...

BIG DIFF

Here goes .......

Using laptop Toshiba Satellite A135-S4427 with Vista installed originally.
I later had Vista removed & XP installed, and all XP updates are installed.
Device Manager shows 2 Network Adapters:

1394 Net Adapter and <IGNORE THIS ONE
Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG.
The info on the 1394 Net Adapter is: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC. The Properties for 1394 Bus Driver indicates version 5.1.2600.5512. When using Windows Repair function for1394 Connection,Click to expand...

1394 is the Fireware adapter that competes against USB. If you know how, just disable for now in the Device Manager - - else just ignore it.

I get this msg. "TCP/IP is not enabled for this connection". I have researched other posts for this message and have tried just about every solution offered, but nothing has worked. Attempts to update the driver resulted in msg. indicating the current driver is the best available. I went online to see if an update is available, and on pcpitstop.com found Windows XP 32-bit driver 5.719.0325.2009. Should I download & install this driver to see if it helps? I have worked on this for 2 days and am at my wits end. The reason I need the wired connection is that it must be used by Carbonite to perform a complete online backup of my computer.Click to expand...

First; disable IPv6 (if any) with this link

Reboot and wire the connection to your router (be sure your WiFi is disabled or at least has the switch in the off position).

get a command Prompt
(start->run->cmd) and enter ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt
follow-up by attaching the file myTCP.txt or copy/paste its contents . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-web-via-ethernet-connection.176555/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello fellow nerds of the internet I built myself a nice 6970 or unable to computer rate New HD play games system new computer yesterday I ghz windows bit gb ram New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games etc but the video card is the ASUS AMD knock off aka HD Direct CU I have had absolutely no problems watching videos or any of the normal day to day running of the machine and am able to use the higher resolutions for my monitor except the moment I attempt to play a game the game crashes anti climatically revealing my desktop Whilst I am grateful for the lack of full system crashes I built my gaming computer for get this GAMING so I am a tad bit annoyed I also attempted to do a windows machine rating however that failed coming up with an error report The windows experience index for your computer could not be computed Could not measure video playback performance When I attempted to launch Star Wars The Old Republic I received the error report Error code incompatible system Please verify your system is compatible with this game When I attempted to launch Crysis I received the error report Unsupported Video Card ASUS EAH Series vender x x device x Continuing to run may lead to unexpected results of crashes DX Diagnosis ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NYX-PC Operating System New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model Z XP-UD R BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ASUS EAH Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BC amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model W Monitor Id GSM B Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-C -B A C CA Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x BC Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag NICayman ci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS A amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVHD sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Realtek Digital ... Read more

A:New computer HD 6970 unable to rate system or play games

I suspect it's a power supply issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-hd-6970-unable-to-rate-system-or-play-games.176490/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi Guys Got given a HP Pavilion DV from a friend who said it was busted i ve replaced the harddrive and ram and have got it working Last night i installed a lite version of XP with sp built in It installed perfectly in under minutes However i cannot get the wireless to work I downloaded and dv4000 on XPLite (wireless issues) Pavilion SP3 installed the drivers from the HP website and this allowed me to turn the wireless on and i get the little bubble in the bottom left corner saying there are wireless networks in range however if i click the balloon and it searches for wireless it cannot find any even though the router is right next to it After about a hour of playing around trying to get it working i downloaded another driver pack from the HP XPLite SP3 on Pavilion dv4000 (wireless issues) website and this included a wireless application i think it was HP Wireless assistant but i can confirm that later today With the application running i can find wireless connections but the actual wiress adapter still cannot find any When using the software to connect to the wireless it allows me to enter the wpa key and the windows connection says its a bridge network but it never makes it passed authencation Obviously the drivers are still wrong Can anyone point me in the right direction Cheers Nick nbsp

A:XPLite SP3 on Pavilion dv4000 (wireless issues)

nickt1988 said:

When using the software to connect to the wireless it allows me to enter the wpa key and the windows connection says its a bridge network but it never makes it passed authencation.Click to expand...

Some wireless configuration application disables the windows built-in wireless configuration manager so as not to cause any conflicts. Using the HP wireless assistant you can successfully connect to the network? Windows built-in cant?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xplite-sp3-on-pavilion-dv4000-wireless-issues.176228/
Relevancy 24.94%

I am hoping one of you fine people can help me to find a replacement motherboard for my HP Pavilion p p I have gone through the Pavilion Replacement HP p6226p for motherboard needed whole troubleshooting routine -- all peripherals RAM replaced with known-good power supply amp CPU and still can not get into the BIOS setup or boot Replacement motherboard needed for HP Pavilion p6226p past the HP splash screen I m down to replacing the motherboard now This computer currently has Motherboard -- M N -LA Viola CPU -- AMD Athlon II x Quad Core Graphics -- NVIDIA GeForce Integrated I m fine with a replacement motherboard with at least equivalent graphics as I do occasionally game with my boyfriend League of Legends Magicka running on lowest settings is fine with me I Replacement motherboard needed for HP Pavilion p6226p m in the market for a new computer but would like to keep this one limping along for another months or so if all it will cost me is a motherboard I have a Frys amp Microcenter nearby located in Houston and would like to go pick up a shiny new motherboard ASAP so if you could point me to one on their site it would be greatly appreciated Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Replacement motherboard needed for HP Pavilion p6226p

Check here and make sure that you have a PayPal account:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=HP+M2N78-LA+Motherboard&_sacat=See-All-Categories

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-motherboard-needed-for-hp-pavilion-p6226p.175822/
Relevancy 19.78%

Heya i ve downloaded and tried to play the following online games Allods Shaiya Runes of Magic Lotro Everytime I downloaded each game and tried to connect to any of their servers it would always come up with a connection or client timeout error of some sort I m not sure if it has anything to do with my internet connection because recently I downloaded and played the beta for SWTOR online on my old crap vista laptop which is about years old Apart from very very low fps due to a terrible video card my swtor online servers unable game to connect Laptop to connection was perfect I also Laptop unable to connect to online game servers downloaded the swtor beta on my new laptop and after finishing the massive game download it came up with a data error though I can t remember what it was perhaps it is also related to my current problem My current IP is WIC New Zealand and doesn t have ethernet ports on modem Laptop specs WIndows -bit Home premium Service pack Toshiba Processor Intel Core i - CPU GHz GHz Ram GB Thats the basic information If you need anything else please let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop unable to connect to online game servers

hi bunny 15405 welcome to TS
just quick idea here yhu dont have a firewall blocking the connections to their servers to yhu?

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-unable-to-connect-to-online-game-servers.174944/
Relevancy 25.37%

hi - i was just playing music on my dell latitude e4300 via bluetooth to a belkin bluetooth receiver connected to stereo.

somehow the connection got dropped - during a phone call on a land line. may be irrelevant.

now, i cannot get bluetooth connection back. there is no bluetooth icon in the system tray.

i cannot find 'bluetooth' devices in start>control panel> devices
--i have 2, and both ought to be there.

i unplugged bluetooth receiver, and had win 7 search for devices to add - no luck.

sure, i can reboot, and everything will probably come back.
but i am hoping for a better answer. i don't want to have to reboot every time the bluetooth connection gets lost.

i searched the web for a little, but only found unrelated posts, or posts with no answer. THANKS!

A:Bluetooth connection lost, icon gone from system tray, not in device manager

bluetooth light/icon on laptop, not screen is on; no bt

ok, i rebooted, thinking the bluetooth icon would again be in system tray, with the red in the middle, showing i have bluetooth capability, but that sound is not currently being directed to bluetooth.

no icon.

the dell laptop does have bluetooth icon illuminated on the laptop, just above the function keys - not on the screen at all / not in sys tray.

the bluetooth receiver is on, is working.

'add a device' is not finding this bt thingie.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-connection-lost-icon-gone-from-system-tray-not-in-device-manager.175310/
Relevancy 19.35%

I just started getting this error today. I thought it was due to some malware I had gotten but the malware forum tech support said everything looks fine. I get this message right as my VPN is about to authenticate. Can anyone help? This is driving me up the wall!

A:Cisco VPN AnyConnect issue: The VPN client was unable to setup IP filtering

What PC hardware are you working with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cisco-vpn-anyconnect-issue-the-vpn-client-was-unable-to-setup-ip-filtering.174986/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all I have installed the HP photosmart B a wireless printer onto my Asus laptop I run windows professional After installing the printer it seems to have saved to a z drive This is what it says when I try to open it from my computer z refers to a location that is unavailable It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network Check to make sure the disc is properly inserted or that you are connected to laptop Asus b110a to wireless from Photosmart to scan Unable the internet or your network connection and then try again If it still cannot Unable to scan from wireless Photosmart b110a to Asus laptop be located the information might have been moved to a different location I did Unable to scan from wireless Photosmart b110a to Asus laptop not load the printer using a disc this was done online It is wireless and I have a belkin router I can print document and pictures to the printer but unable to scan from printer to laptop The message I get on the printer screen is Try scan from computer or see documentation I am very confused so thanks for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-scan-from-wireless-photosmart-b110a-to-asus-laptop.174987/
Relevancy 27.09%

I bought this thinking I could connect a bluetooth headset, I was wrong. What purposes does http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320057 this do?

A:USB Bluetooth adapter

It connects your PC to any other device that is Bluetooth enabled.
For instance, mobile phone. You use it to transfer files, (mp3 .jpg or video) to or from your devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-bluetooth-adapter.174225/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a HP Pavilion DV7 - 4285dx which comes with a Multi DVD +/- DL blah blah whatever drive in it. (no bluray)

I would like to know if I could find a replacement bluray drive for this laptop.

Does anyone know where I could find this or if this is even possible?

I would assume its possible since that I had bought a bluray drive for my PC, and it works.

A:Pavilion DV7 Blu-ray drive replacement

After some more research I found a replacement part that should work.

For anyone looking for similar answers, the part number is 605417-001 CT21L

Just do a google search with part of that number or all to help find the correct parts.

Thanks everyone....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pavilion-dv7-blu-ray-drive-replacement.174167/
Relevancy 25.37%

I hav a computer that has its intergrated video card which stopped working because of the video card which is attached to the mother board .It is one of the newer post 2007 compact desktop computer with a flat screen monitor but the challenge is that the good friend of the family got an extension video card but it is too big to fit in that machine.How can I get a video card that will fit the above machine abovein which is a newer late 2000's -today.The operating system is vista.

A:HP Pavilion Slimline PC s7727-cb

This slimline computer probably has a PCI express 2 video slot on the motherboard. You will have to buy a small form factor or low-profile video card for the computer. They are available. Here is an example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133356

Notice the small adapter plate in the pictures. You may have to install it on the video card before you can install it into the computer. It is not difficult to do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-slimline-pc-s7727-cb.172848/
Relevancy 22.36%

So basically like the title says, I can't charge the laptop, I know the charger works though because I tried it another laptop that's the exact same as mine and it works on the other laptop but not mine, is there any inexpensive way I can fix it?

If not then can someone guide me through how to transfer the data over to another laptop?

Thanks!

A:Can't charge laptop, how do I fix or how do I transfer data over to a new laptop?

To transfer data, remove the disk and connect it to the other laptop using an adapter such as this or put it in an enclosure.

Once connected, the laptop will see the HDD as a removable storage and you can click and drag files from one to the other.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-charge-laptop-how-do-i-fix-or-how-do-i-transfer-data-over-to-a-new-laptop.171794/
Relevancy 19.78%

HI
Two Linysy cisco router of same network 192.168.128.1 and 100 are given and the sever 08 has 128 network .the problem is if one router is off the another router is pinging..like tat it was pinging simultaneously.
the router is Not communicating at the same time to the two routers.Its communicating simultaneously
pleas help regarding this issue tat the server must be communicate to the both router at the same time
thank you

A:Two Linksys Cisco routers unable to communicate with server

this issue tat the server must be communicate to the both router at the same timeClick to expand...

hmm; as you express it, this is literally impossible.
There should only be one DHCP server on this lan. With the addresses you've provided, the server has only one connection to the router and thus it can literally read/write to one device at a time.

Code:

==== router#1
(128.1)
|
+ (128.08) Server
|
+ (128.100) router ===
I fear you are attempting to connect each router to an ISP and get twice the bandwidth;
usually it is wired like this

Code:

===router#1 ------ server ---- router#2 ===
the server would need two NIC cards, but this never works due to the routing tables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-linksys-cisco-routers-unable-to-communicate-with-server.172024/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello everyone. I know there's probably been posts similar to mine, but I have not learned all I wanted from previous posts. Recently, my hard drive gave out on my XP computer. The issue seems to be that it will not be read as a master drive, but will run fine as a slave on my other XP computer. That being said, I can view the general program files, ect. on the drive when viewed with Explorer in my Computer, but cannot access my pictures and music and such. As mentioned in similar post, the same amount of usage is being reported, but not all of that data is viewable or present. How can I access my pictures and music? (I understand from other posts that it might have something to do with it being password protected if my previous computer installation of XP was password protected?)

A:Unable to view administrator files on slave drive

User Permissions

Its more down to user permissions, you dont have permission to access it, Personally i would take the hard drive and slip it in a computer with windows 7, then reset the permissions to whicherever user i want ( this is done by right clicking the drive/folder and changeing under the permissions tab)

God luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-view-administrator-files-on-slave-drive.171696/
Relevancy 24.94%

recently purchased the above base unit and TV. i can play Xbox on it and use portable speakers which work fine. However when i switch to PC mode there is no sound and the speakers are not recognised. Is this a manufacturers fault or something else? Please reply asap.

A:No sound from HP Pavilion G5460uk/ Samsung B2230H

What type of cable are you using to connect the PC to the TV?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-hp-pavilion-g5460uk-samsung-b2230h.171073/
Relevancy 26.23%

Please i don t know wat s wrong with my windows ultimate i have been enjoying it peacefully sorry if i opened this thread in the wrong section the board is so wide so i just felt if i might get some help cause i got this wonderful site on google so i normally use my nokia n to connect to the internet via external bluetooth but some few days ago a friend gave me a usb mouse nd i installed it in the same port where the usb bluetooth was installed but surprisingly after using it nd inserting my usb bluetooth back The problem started nd dis have happened to me once when i was using win basic nd i formatted Problem with USB the Bluetooth of connecting my use external phone n70 my pc but i don t wanna do dat anymore i want to find the solution to the problem surprisingly my nokiapc suite no longer Problem connecting my n70 phone with the use of external USB Bluetooth see my modem i now have to remove the modem from the pc Uninstall the bluetooth from device manager nd even deleted the pairing with my fone then inserted back the bluetooth During installation of the bluetooth the blueetooth peripheral device wasn t installed successfully But it s normal nd my modem worked like that before then after installation i now tried to add my n device via the bluetooth But my modem isn t detected after the adding Please i really need some help cos am messed up ryt nw Pls if u need money to help me out Indicate Thanx sobs nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-connecting-my-n70-phone-with-the-use-of-external-usb-bluetooth.170161/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all Thanks changing HDD Unable to after start in advance for everyone s help My computer have been plague with various problems in the last week No suddenly my main HDD was fried when computer starts POST can detect all my other HDDs Unable to start after changing HDD but not my main one I got this replaced with a new one both SATAs Unable to start after changing HDD After replacing the HDD i powered on my computer only to see that all of my HDDs are detected but the POST msg shows that my BIOS Clock is resetted and i need to either re configure or reset to default i chose to reconfigure went in BIOS before i can change anything computer hang i power off and on and then is unable to get the computer started Now when i press on my power switch the fans moves for a second and stops if i hold on to the power button the fans moves in intervals just like you are rev-ing a car vroom pause vroom pause vroom pause Things i tired removing all of my cards including Gfx card sound card and on same problem removing all ram and reseat them same problem removing CPU and on same problem reseat all cables and remove all sata cables same problem starting the computer using jumping the system using the pins instead of power button same problem Green light is still on when the PSU is plugged in to the board My guess is that not only my HDD was fried maybe the PSU or the Motherboard also died Anyone have any suggestions on what other steps i can take before taking it to a repair shop for diagnostic test Specs AMD Gigabyte board PSU watt true power x gb kingston ram nbsp

A:Unable to start after changing HDD

Nothing shows on the monitor at all? If so, try replacing the power supply first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-start-after-changing-hdd.169768/
Relevancy 24.94%

Im not very good with computers, I only really know how to turn it on and type.

I got a HP Pavilion dv4 1465dx notebook last year. The RAM is 4.00 GB, and the Harddrive is 194GB free of 286 GB. It uses Windows Vista.

My sister has all of Sims2 games and expansions.

I always try and diskcleanup and get rid of unneccessary things when I can, but ive always wanted to play games with my friends but couldnt since I got it and BEFORE my sis put sims on it. Often I feel like my older desktop is faster than this.

I was wondering if there was anything I can do? When i googled many people said 4.00 GB RAM was enough to play games so im not really sure why its so slow.

Thanks!

A:Making HP Pavilion dv4 1465dx notebook faster?

Download and run free Surperantispyware and tell us what it finds. What antivirus program is installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-hp-pavilion-dv4-1465dx-notebook-faster.168298/
Relevancy 23.22%

dell xps m wont start up blue power light and bluetooth light stay on i have been searching posts in other forums as well as this one and i thought i d narrowed it down to the graphics card i was right to an effect my approach was to take the xps apart following dells website documents while i had the top dvd drive off i up, stay XPS light start m2010 on Bluetooth Dell blue light power won't and noticed that the graphics card screws Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on were really loose this was my first job i tightened these The top dvd drive i re-connected but propped it up at an angle so i could still see motherboard and parts warning be carefull electric attached power cable and pressed power button after half a dozen times pressing this it came to life I noticed my fans were working and thought this might not be my motherboard after all no overheating happening then it froze on windows xp it Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on was a start another to ten times pressing power button it worked again this time not freezing went into bluetooth with usb mouse and paired keyboard made system restore point and restarted It took maybe times with it being glitchy freezing not powering up but when it does load xp without freezing try restarting windows xp and then it eventually finds its feet my xps is running ok now jimb nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-m2010-wont-start-up-blue-power-light-and-bluetooth-light-stay-on.167944/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys,
I need a cheap laptop that shouldn't be used for much more than MS Office and casual gaming, for games like Dawn of War S1, Dawn of War S2, World of Warcraft and other such games and RTSs, could anyone check it out for me? I've had a look but i'd like more opinions.

Link ---> PC World ---> HP Pavilion G6-1009ea - Red

Dual Core Processer 2.3GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
4GB RAM
500GB HDD

A:Can you review this HP Pavilion G6-1009ea

We could help you out more effectively if you posted a link to the machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-you-review-this-hp-pavilion-g6-1009ea.167340/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have an old HP Pavilion 513W Desktop - System # P9857A, Serial # MX234A4770, with a 845GL Chipset and a 478 Socket I think ?Where can I get a replacement Motherboard NEW or Used?

A:Where can I find a new or used HP Pavilion 513W motherboard?

http://www.laptopteks.com/HP/Deskto...-(US)-(P9857A)/Motherboard-(System-Board).asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-can-i-find-a-new-or-used-hp-pavilion-513w-motherboard.167087/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi i am hard capacity drive for Pavilion Max zd7000? trying to mend a friends laptop the HD has packed in and i need to replace it The laptop is a HP Max hard drive capacity for Pavilion zd7000? Pavilion zd the hd is a toshiba gig lol and i am just wondering what the max hd is i Max hard drive capacity for Pavilion zd7000? can put in it I have seen these below but am unsure if it would be ok to install i have no knowledge of laptop requirements like PSU demands etc so i need your help in getting the biggest HD affordable for this unit Here s the one s i have looked at based on dimentions http www ebuyer com product http www ebuyer com product The original one is a Toshiba MK GAX and i think looking on the net its an IDE its mm depth the first one above is mm and the other mm so unsure if the first would fit being mm thinner Hope you can point me in the right direction Kindest regards Lee nbsp

A:Max hard drive capacity for Pavilion zd7000?

Ayup Lee....again

Looks like you can go with any 60GB, 80GB, 100GB, or 120GB (Non SATA) Hard drive. That HD in your first link is a 9.5mm....The 9.4 is probably a typo.

Here's the website i looked up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/max-hard-drive-capacity-for-pavilion-zd7000.166488/
Relevancy 19.78%

I tried to change my network settings from WPA to to network find was certificate log you unable on to Windows to the a WEP last night and like an I screwed it up I only wanted to change it over temporarily so I could access the wireless network with another device that isn t compatible with WPA I ended up having to restore the Linksys router to Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network its default settings I then tried to recreate the settings it had before with WPA before I messed it up It was on WPA -Personal AES and I changed the network SSID and passwords back from default Very basic I didn t set the Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network router up myself originally though so there must be something I m missing I am able to connect via Ethernet cable but when I try going wireless on both Windows laptops one XP and one Vista I get a message saying quot Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network my SSID quot Most of the searches I ran on Google had people suggesting that I uncheck quot Enable IEEE x authentication quot in the laptop s wireless Authentication settings but that is already unchecked Besides shouldn t the fix have to do with something in the router settings since the wireless was working before I mucked around with the router The laptop settings remain unchanged from the when wireless used to work so they should be okay right I also tried setting the router up using Wi-Fi Protected Setup but after the bar loads to the end it says it was unable to connect Anyone have any suggestions Or need more info that might help solve my wireless problems nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-find-a-certificate-to-log-you-on-to-the-network.166793/
Relevancy 24.94%

My HP Pavilion dv - dx Entertainment Notebook PC goes to blank display frequently during working on the same It is having Vista with dv4-1465dx entertainment Problems HP notebook Pavilion Home Premium Edition installed The only indication at that time is the blinking of the POWER ON button When we press space bar Problems with HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx entertainment notebook or Enter key it tries to load to the original condition and after getting the previous screen loaded for Problems with HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx entertainment notebook few seconds it Problems with HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx entertainment notebook goes back to the blank state with POWER ON button blinking If I put some light from torch or something on the display sometimes I can see the screen loaded In such cases of sleep activity the CTRL ALT DEL won t work pressing continuously on the POWER ON button won t work in order to shutdown and I had to remove the battery to start the Notebook again So after searching the internet for the same kind of issues I re-installed my OS from Vista to Windows bit and I installed some of the drivers from the HP Site corresponding to my Note Book HP Pavilion dv - dx Entertainment Notebook PC and Windows Bit OS After that also it is going to the blank state but returns immediately by showing a message as quot Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot So when I checked this in HP site as as per that I updated the Intel Graphics driver for the chip set corresponding to my Note Book and Windows Bit OS In that case also the volume control display on the screen was not showing anything while increasing decreasing the volume but it is working as normal without any display Again based on the search in HP Site I reinstalled my BIOS from HP F to Insyde Flash F After that when I press quot F quot while booting the machine I m not getting the options such as Safe Mode Safe Mode with Command Prompt Restore Last known Good configuration etc I m getting a red screen with some other options containing some different technical terms Is it because of the wrong BIOS updating or something else If it is related to BIOS can I downgrade from F to F Or is there any other way to get the above mentioned options such as quot Safe Mode Safe Mode with Command Prompt Restore Last known Good configuration etc quot same as pressing the F button Expecting the support in this matter nbsp

A:Problems with HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx entertainment notebook

How old is this computer? The power supply may be on it's way out...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-hp-pavilion-dv4-1465dx-entertainment-notebook.166313/
Relevancy 24.94%

i have an hp notebook (see title) running w7 sp1, that is only 13 days old. just yesterday it started making a very annoying sound. it just makes the same 2 tone sound really fast. when you click on the sound icon in the task bar the meter reads 100%. nothing has been installed recently before this started. the sound dialog box under recording shows the mic meter steady around 50% and the stereo mix meter at 100%. it's almost like constant feed back but i don't think that's it. i talked to hp and they said to upgrade my bios but the ftp link they sent me to doesn't exist. anxious to provide any other information needed. thx

A:HP Pavilion g7 1070us sounds like motor boat

It was the driver...uninstalled and reinstalled. Fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-g7-1070us-sounds-like-motor-boat.165420/
Relevancy 17.2%

I need real help I had cable internet mbs installed last September in my one bedroom apartment Before that I was connecting to a spotty mbs network that was open next door with home network any to but Unable to can connect to other network their permission I was able to obtain fast and efficient internet access for about or months and then it became intermittent For the past months I have been unable to connect through my home cable modem router at all I have been to the cable company and they have tested the cable modem router and Unable to connect to home network but can to any other network the Unable to connect to home network but can to any other network signal which comes into the router and out at fast speeds I have been to the place where I bought my laptop purchased at Staples last summer Others can connect though my wifi but I cannot It connects but gives me a DNS error It doesn t matter whether I am hard wired or on wifi I am running Win Home Premium bit on a compaq CQ - NR Notebook with a Vision AMD Athlon II P Dual-Core processor ghz with GB ram GB usable It contains an Atheros AR b g n WiFi adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Realtek High Definition Audio Built in pointing device mouse pad with a wireless mouse connected through USB port hard drive Hitachi HTS A A SATA Disk Device Apparently for some unknown reason my computer networking modules can connect to but won t or can t talk to the cable modem router supplied by my ISP Charter Communications but can access the internet though any other wifi service or hot spot without a problem - INCLUDING the very same ISP through other wifi spots in town They have tested and retested the cable modem router and have told me that without a doubt there is nothing wrong with the device even though normally I thought anyway a DNS error like this would be a server side error Please someone help me I am paying for this internet service and would love to use it If you require anymore information please ask and I will provide it for you I am sorry if this was covered in another post I searched and searched and was unable to find a post that adequately came close to the problem that I described above Sorry if I am so wordy HELP Regards to All William nbsp

A:Unable to connect to home network but can to any other network

Connect the system to your network and then
please get a command prompt (Start->RUN->CMD) and enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
follow-up with the attachment myTcp.txt which will be in the directory shown in the CMD prompt window.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-home-network-but-can-to-any-other-network.164932/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am unable to write any words to my computers browsers in fact I cannot enter my password to enter windows xp professional. What do I do to enter my writing into my browsers and have my computer accept my password?

Thanks.

A:Unable to write to my browsers

I apoligize

The reason I could not write is because my keyboard was unplugged.

Sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-write-to-my-browsers.163741/
Relevancy 25.8%

the hp pavilion dv4 2012la have problems win heat because no have suficien enough grids for cool faser and wen is get hover head the tous pad works bad the solution is upgrade the bios of the note book and usa a coler and make some holes close too the gpu and cpu. if you have more problems win soud and video send a letter win the problem maibe i can help you

A:HP Pavilion dv4 cooling

Spelling a problem for you? ...or is your keyboard messed up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv4-cooling.162986/
Relevancy 24.94%

hi guys. i'm basically a noob in computer hardwares,hence help me in upgrading my pc
i want to upgrade graphics to ati or nvidia 1gb card so that i would be able to play recent games like assassins creed brotherhood, stalker, crysis2.
so what budget range graphic card would you suggest in the price range of 100 - 150$(3000-5000 indian rupee)
my psu is 250 watt..is it possible to upgrade graphics without changing psu?
present pc spec

Hardware

Base processor
PentiumD 915 (P) DC 2.8 GHz
? 800 MHz front side bus
? Socket 775
Chipset
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 for Intel Processors
Motherboard
? Manufacturer: ECS
? Motherboard Name: RC410M
? HP/Compaq motherboard name: Asterope3GL8E
Hard drive
? 200 GB SATA
? 7200 rpm
memory 2 GB (2 x 1 GB)

Expansion slots
Slot type Quantity
PCI Three (One available)
PCI Express x16 One (One available)

A:Upgrading graphic card in HP Pavilion a1522in

I would recommend a gtx 460 or an amd 6790. Both run right around $150. For only 150 you aren't going to get anything near max settings. Also you have to upgrade your psu. The recommended amount is at the very minimum 300w for a low end graphics card. You ideally need a mid-high end gpu, but you can't get all that much better performance in your price range. You should be looking for a decent 450-550w PSU. Corsair is a good brand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-graphic-card-in-hp-pavilion-a1522in.163579/
Relevancy 26.23%

ive tried to use the memory card slot on the phone and the bluetooth but the memory card wont read and the blurtooth wont accept or send any thing any help?

A:LG vx855 Bluetooth/memory card error

Which way are you trying to send a file?
Phone to pc? Or pc to phone?
You need to make the target 'discoverable' and search from the 'source' to make a 'pair' with the target. Then find the file you want to send,(right-click) send...via..bluetooth and it will transfer.
It might be easier to get a USB cable to join phone to pc USB port.
Then open two explorer windows, and drag and drop the files across, (or copy & paste).
* Does the pc have bluetooth built-in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-vx855-bluetooth-memory-card-error.162613/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with vista and every time i try to play a song from my external hdd i get an error message that says "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set associations control panel.

A:Unable to play music from external HDD

This is the normal instruction for setting up a file association.

1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, typing "default programs" and then clicking Default Programs in the pop up list.
2. Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
This opens a list of extensions.
3. Choose the extension of the files that you wish to open then click on change program button.
4. Select the program you wish to associate the file with and click Ok.

If you have already done this try right clicking on the file and selecting open with then choose the player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-play-music-from-external-hdd.162582/
Relevancy 43.86%

The old hard drive completely failed to the point that I am unable to recover any data on it. So I put in a new hard drive and went to reinstall Vista and got the lovely error about needing to load a driver for the hard drive. I've tried every Vista driver listed and it won't load the driver for the hard drive. I flashed the BIOS, still no luck. The BIOS does not offer any options to change the settings on how to read the hard drive.

Any suggestions on what else I could try?

A:HP Pavilion dv6911om - unable to install Vista on new hard drive

Somewhere in your bios there will be a setting to select which mode the hard drive is running in. You may well have a SATA drive which Vista should have drivers for but in this case you need to set the hard drive to run in IDE mode then it should install. After installation load all the mobo drivers which should then allow you to set the HD back to sata/raid operation which is much faster.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv6911om-unable-to-install-vista-on-new-hard-drive.161850/