Windows Support Forum

my sound icon is showing no audio output device is instld

Q: my sound icon is showing no audio output device is instld

i have a dell inspiron 14z 5423 laptop which supports IDT high defination audio driver . . . when i try to insltal it from the site
the box says that " the hardware detected is not supported by this IDT .software package . . the install will be aborted . . .but in the dell site it shows that my laptop and its specs support this sound driver but am i supposed to do ???
thanks in advance fr ua help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: my sound icon is showing no audio output device is instld

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: my sound icon is showing no audio output device is instld

I would contact Dell about this issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56032-my-sound-icon-showing-no-audio-output-device-instld.html
Relevancy 80.6%

Hello All This is my first time to this forum so I m not sure if this is the right place to post this or not I have a one year old HP Pavilion dv laptop that came with X Icon Red Sound HELP! Output Device Audio No Over Vista We installed Windows about months ago or longer and I haven t had this problem until now so I don t think it had to do with putting W on it Out of the blue when I turned my computer on the other day the sound icon on the taskbar had a red X on it My first thought was that the sound was muted but HELP! No Audio Output Device Red X Over Sound Icon I checked that and then noticed when you hover over the sound icon that it says quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot And when you click on quot playback devices quot it doesn t show any sound devices Well I searched all over the internet for a solution and installed drivers used system restore and reinstalled windows even But to no avail I heard some other people with this same problem would get there sound back on and off all of the sudden and that s what happened with my computer The day HELP! No Audio Output Device Red X Over Sound Icon before yesterday the sound was back when I turned my computer on And then yesterday it was off again So now I have run out of ideas to try If anyone knows of something that might work to fix this problem please let me know It s been like this for about or days now on and off mysteriously Thanks for any help I get Grace nbsp

Relevancy 110.51%

Hi My laptop s sound isn t working and when I mouse over the speaker icon in the corner there s a red X with the message quot No Audio Output Device Installed quot I ve looked on other forums for the solution and here s what I ve tried so far -I ve been told to disable and enable the sound device in Device Manager but there s nothing under quot Sound Video and Game Controllers quot -I ve tried to reinstall the audio drivers Realtek HD Audio and Conextant HD Audio The Realtek driver says it installed correctly but it still doesn t show up in device manager or anywhere else and the quot No Audio Output quot message still persists The Conextant driver gives me the error message quot Cannot Find Device quot when trying to install it but I ve noticed something weird I can see a Conextant HD Audio thing under quot Add or Remove Programs quot -Windows Audio is running under Administrator Tools I ve checked -I ve done a system restore back to factory settings and it still doesn t work My laptop is a Hp Pavilion dv z with Windows Vista Service Pack I think a windows update might have screwed it up I can hear a popping noise when plugging in my earbuds and I can hear the error beeps under system setup so the speakers themselves work Can somebody please help me out nbsp

A:No Audio Output Device Installed; sound card not showing anywhere

I'm still thinking drivers, are you sure you got the right ones?

Also, do you have a Recovery CD or Recovery Partition?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed-sound-card-not-showing-anywhere.1002914/
Relevancy 109.65%

I was deleting files on my computer yesterday for some spring cleaning and I may have accidentally deleted a program which controls my audio playback and recording. when I right click on the icon in the lower right corner of my home screen, It shows no disabled devices or disconnected devices are available. Oh, and for reference, I was only deleting from my documents files. I have already emptied my trash. I also had sound for the following four or five hours, but then the sound would go off after five or ten minutes of play. A few hours later, the sound completely stopped and that was when the message appeared on my sound icon. Thanks for any help.

cheers

A:Sound icon reads; No Audio Output Device Installed

A few quick comments for now:
Your description says you have SP1, is this updated? If yes, please install SP2, it has a lot of fixes and updates.
Did you try a system restore?
Did you do a Virus and Malware scan?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-icon-reads-no-audio-output-device-installed.987428/
Relevancy 108.36%

Windows 7 32-bit won't play sound.

Device Manager\Sound, video and game controllers\High Definition Audio Device ok.
Double click and window says:
High Definition Audio Device Properties\General: Device status says This device is working properly.

Speakers are plugged in and make a crackle when plugging in to correct holes.

Mystery?

A:Sound/Mixer icon has red cross. No Audio Output Device is installed.

If it's shown as "working properly" in the Device Manager, the speaker icon you have can also be because the sound is muted.

You show "High Definition Audio Device" rather than the actual sound device which suggests you have the generic Windows/Microsoft installed sound driver rather than the actual sound driver from the motherboard vendor. In many cases the generic Windows driver does not work or work correctly.

You can try and uninstall/reinstall by RIGHT clicking on the entry for the sound and then LEFT click "Uninstall" (DO NOT check the box to uninstall the drivers) then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound. This fixes a lot of flakey problems.

If the uninstall/reinstall does not fix it, the next step is to get the correct sound drivers and install them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/201980-sound-mixer-icon-has-red-cross-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi to all.

On my Dell OptiPlex 755 E6550 2.33, I've had intermittent issues with the headphone socket suddenly stopping working for quite some time,sometimes problem is auto detected and fixed, sometimes I download a driver or three to resolve. This time nothing is helping no matter what drivers I've tried. Have Win 7 Ultimate installed with just on-board sound. No sound or audio shows up in device manager? Are 755's fickle with on-board sound or just too many sound drivers installed? Any ideas please.

A:Dell OptiPlex 755 No Audio Output device and no Sound/Audio in Device Manager

There could be multiple hidden audio devices.
* Press windows key + R* Enter cmd, click OK* Type cd\ [press Enter]* Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 [press Enter]* Type devmgmt.msc [press Enter]* Once the Device Manager opens, open Sound and see if you have multiple grey out items. If yes, delete them, then restart the computer and retest

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19679984
Relevancy 95.46%

I have no audio at all since the last update from windows 10 in early April.  I am showing a No audio output device installed on the audio icon on my computer.  When I go to device manager it shows that I have no sound components and an error code 39.  This is starting to really frustrate me.  I have tried everything and nothing works.  Be it said I am not an IT person and am limited in my knowledge of computers, but still I am pretty sure it can be a simple fix.

A:I have lost audio and am showing a No audio output device in...

#HPExpertDay1. Restore BIOS to defaults: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c026938332. Update BIOS: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c000426293. Check for hardware functionality: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03463381

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/I-have-lost-audio-and-am-showing-a-No-audio-output-device/td-p/5625725
Relevancy 94.6%

I m hoping there is someone on the forum that might have had the same problem and able to fix or any suggestions for me to fix this problem Recently I took in my computer and think I got rooked actually as built a new one but nothing like what I had Okay they sent home with no audio which is up Solved: Audio not showing Output device on board ASUS P LD - Premium They wanted me Solved: Audio Output device not showing up to bring it back in but really don t want to and trying to fix this myself I just haven t had time or would have fixed my problems before I took it to them What a mistake as never took any of my computers to nobody to fix before Back to the problem though I can not get audio to work I ve downloaded the driver so did get the icon up on task bar but has the x and giving message that quot Audio Output device is not installed quot Solved: Audio Output device not showing up Anyone know how I can get this problem solved I sure would appreciate any help you can give me I am running Vista Business I really would love my audio for certain things although I don t use often I do need it Thanks again for any help you can give nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

Using an XPS Studio 16 recently the HDMI port I have been using to connect my laptop to my speakers has been acting up. After connecting to my speakers the output automatically shifts to the speakers, however there is no audio. When I open the volume control panel it shows audio output being sent to the speakers. So far, the only thing that has resolved this issue is a restart, however after restarting no settings changed from the time when the issue occurred.

I have made sure my speakers are searching for input from the port I have connected it to.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, tell me any information I need to give you in order to help you, help me.

A:HDMI Audio Port Showing Output w/ No Sound

When using HDMI, the HDMI needs to be set as the Default Audio Device in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound Panel. If the "Speaker" is set as the default audio device there will not be any HDMI audio.

Best option for Dell support is the Dell community users form, Laptop Section. HERE It is a users helping users forum, like this one, and some very knowledgeable Dell hardware users there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/178208-hdmi-audio-port-showing-output-w-no-sound.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello everyone, i have seen this posted before but my problem is a little different. I can not even find what my sound card is or where it is. I have looked and looked and there is nothing on my computer to show it has a sound card. It did indeed work before i upgraded to 7 so it has to be there. It is a Gateway laptop MX6440. Thanks for any help!!

A:No Audio Output device is installed! no sound! :(

Welcome to seven forums Solidsimpson: Just a suggestion. Go to Gateway site and update all the drivers you can. If no 7 drivers are available Vista will do in compatibility mode Compatibility Mode Without knowing what sound device you have it is virtually impossible to point you to a solution. You might also want to go to device manager and copy and paste a screen shot of your device manager, so we can see what your seeing.Thanks Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/41856-no-audio-output-device-installed-no-sound.html
Relevancy 88.58%

ok so i have a HP Pavilion DV8000, long story sort i destroyed my harddrive, and i got a new one thats a 250gig instead of a 100gig and downloaded windows 7 professional instead of windows xp, and now i have a new problem thats kinda of the same as the one before, the sound doesn't work at all now and the speaker logo at the bottom of the screen has an X over it when i hold my mouse over it, it says "No Audio Output Device is installed" now once again i looked all over the net trying to find a solution i tried downloading drivers and updating the driver and nothing, i'm starting to get frustrated and would appriciate some help.

A:windows 7 no sound/no audio output device

Hi -

Run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor --> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...e-advisor.aspx

Check Windows 7 Hardware Compatibility List for your audio card --> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...s/default.aspx

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-no-sound-no-audio-output-device-502570.html
Relevancy 87.72%

As above. It says this in the icon in the tray, yet i can play songs fine. The only thing is, it also has my speakers to record, and i can't change it to front mic. any ideas? it was working perfectly fine yesterday... sound is onboard and uses Via hd audiodeck.
thanks

A:'no output audio device is installed' but sound plays

If this just happened, use the System Restore function and restore the PC back to a date when it worked correctly. System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/63655-no-output-audio-device-installed-but-sound-plays.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello, I've been looking on the Internet for some time now hoping for a solution. But no suck luck.

I have a Laptop which is running Windows Vista 64bit and recently it's had no sound what so ever. Every time I hover over the "Sound" icon at the bottom it tells me there is no Sound Device installed. I've had many solutions to fix this issue by going to "Device Manager" then "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" but every time I go into the "Device Manager" the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" tab is missing. I've tried re installing Realtek. I've tried looking in the BIOS for the sound controller, I don't know what else there is to do.

Thanks,
Andrew.

A:Sound Issue: No Output Audio Device is Installed.

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major

What is the model of your laptop ? At the bottom of the laptop a sticker is located with the model :wave

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/sound-issue-no-output-audio-device-is-installed.283039/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello all I hope you Device Audio sound Output card found No Installed/No could help me No Audio Output Device Installed/No sound card found with my No Audio Output Device Installed/No sound card found problem Recently I got problem with my PC just all of a sudden it stopped booting and later on the HDD got wiped and I have no saved data So I reinstalled using USB before I was running Windows XP but I prefer to install Windows The thing is I don't have sound anymore Here's everything you need this is my DxDiag txt file Code ------------------ System Information ------------------ Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer AWARD System Model AWRDACPI BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Sempron tm Processor GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Sound Tab No sound card was found If one is expected you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID Manufacturer ID Product ID Type Driver Name Driver Version Driver Attributes WHQL Logo'd Date and Size Other Files Driver Provider HW Accel Level Emulation Only Cap Flags x Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- ------------------------ Disk amp DVD CD-ROM Drives ------------------------ Drive C Free Space GB Total Space GB File System NTFS Model Maxtor Y L ATA Device Drive D Free Space GB Total Space GB File System NTFS Model Maxtor Y L ATA Device -------------- System Devices -------------- Name SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS C B amp REV amp B E B B amp amp Driver C Windows system DRIVERS sisnic sys English bytes Name ATI Radeon X Series Secondary Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BC amp REV amp C E amp amp Driver C Windows system DRIVERS atikmdag sys English bytes Driver C Windows system DRIVERS ati erec dll English bytes Driver C Windows system atiumdag dll English bytes Driver C Windows system atiumdva dll English bytes Driver C Windows system atitmmxx dll English bytes Driver C Windows system atiicdxx dat bytes Driver C Windows system amdpcom dll English bytes Driver C Windows system atiadlxx dll English bytes Driver C Windows system atiumdva cap bytes Driver C Windows system atimuixx dll English bytes Driver C Windows system Ati evxx exe English bytes Driver C Windows system Ati evxx dll English bytes Driver C Windows system atipdlxx dll English bytes Driver C Windows system Oemdspif dll English bytes Driver C Windows system ati edxx dll English bytes Driver C Windows system ATIDEMGX dll English bytes Driver C Windows system atioglxx dll English bytes Driver C Windows system aticaldd dll English bytes Driver C Windows system aticalrt dll English bytes Driver C Windows system aticalcl dll English bytes Driver C Windows system atibrtmon exe English bytes Driver C Windows atiogl xml bytes Name SiS Host CPU Bridge Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS C B amp REV amp B E B B amp amp Driver n a Name ATI Radeon X Series Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS BC amp REV amp C E amp amp Driver C Windows system DRIVERS atikmdag sys English bytes Driver C Windows system DRIVERS ati erec dll English bytes Driver C Windows system atiumdag dll English bytes Driver C Windows system atiumdva dll English bytes Driver C Wind... Read more

A:No Audio Output Device Installed/No sound card found

Hi

Please use this tool to post all the files here

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/290366-no-audio-output-device-installed-no-sound-card-found.html
Relevancy 86%

Normally using my laptop last night When i opened it this morning I have no sound and the deadly X red mark on my volume on my lower right screen is present It is obvious that this problem no audio output device game installed, video No no sound, controller... audio output device installed is very common to many Reading through hundreds of threads saying i just have to No audio device output installed, no sound, video game controller... find quot sound video game controller quot and re install it The problem with mine is that i dont even have that kind of tab on my device manager how come By the way when i open my Device manager I can see under Other devices that i have Base System Device that has a yellow exclamation marks on it FYI I tried looking for sound programs in my computer through search through dxdiag etc and i cant even find a sound driver Because of this i go to Realtek and installed the newest high definition audio codecs for bit windows which version is R update Feeling confident that i can now install it to my device manager i tried doing it To no avail i cant install it this is the procedure that i am doing Device manager Add legacy hardware Next gt choose Install the hardware that i manually select from a list Next Choose Sound video and game controllers choose Realtek Next Next THEN after installing it will say quot An error occurred during the installation of the device The extended attributes are inconsistent quot FINISH I really dont know what to do about this If anyone can kindly help me i would greatly appreciate it I am not very good with computer terms so do bear with me Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU Intel Mobile Core Duo T GHz C Merom nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard TOSHIBA Satellite U U E C Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel Mobile Intel Express Chipset Family Toshiba Intel Mobile Intel Express Chipset Family Toshiba Hard Drives GB TOSHIBA MK GSX ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-U N ATA Device MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM Audio No audio card detected Motherboard Manufacturer TOSHIBA Model Satellite U U E Version PSU U- R Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model GM Chipset Revision C Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model HBM ICH -ME Southbridge Revision B System Temperature C BIOS Brand TOSHIBA Version V Date PCI Data Slot PCI Slot Type PCI Slot Usage Unknown Bus Width bit Slot Designation PCI Slot J B Slot Number

A:No audio device output installed, no sound, video game controller...

The first approach, since it worked and then the next day didn't is to use the System Restore and restore the PC back to an available restore date that is Prior to having the problem. This fixes many problems, including your problem many times.

System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools. System Restore will not delete any user data or e-mails.

BTW, please fill in the "My System Specs" rather than try to list them on a post (along with much of it not needed).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/300195-no-audio-device-output-installed-no-sound-video-game-controller.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi I am new to this forum and desperately in need of help with sound One day I opened my laptop and the sound No Device sound: Problem VAIO Audio LAPTOP: with Installed. Output is was gone The error on the icon is quot No Audio Output Device is Installed quot I am using SONY VAIO VPCSA GH Available in Asia Pacific region FYI I Problem with sound: No Audio Output Device is Installed. LAPTOP: VAIO have two display adapters AMD Radeon HD M and Intel HD Graphics Family On the device manager panel I've got only one hardware in quot Sound video and game controller quot section which is quot Intel R Display Audio quot MY OS Windows Professional x Here is my attempt to solve the problem but to no avail -System Restore I tried to use system restore to the point it worked fine It does not work at all and now my restore point has gone too -Install driver from Intel Download center Refer to my graphic card I tried to download new graphics driver for my motherboard It doesn't work I have downloaded from this website https downloadcenter intel com Sea ng amp ProdId -Install driver from SONY VAIO support center I tried to re-install Audio Driver and also Graphics Driver from this website Support for VPCSA GH S Series VPCS VAIO amp reg Notebook amp Computer Sony Asia Pacific and it also doesn't work -Look it up on BIOS My BIOS does not have any option regarding to audio issue My two attempts to re-install the drivers were done in safe-mode Could you please help me with this problem I really have need to use audio with my project PS If you have any question regarding my system information I would be happy to provide

A:Problem with sound: No Audio Output Device is Installed. LAPTOP: VAIO

The Intel Display Audio is ONLY for HDMI Audio and not the regular PC audio. The first thing to check is the BIOS to verify the on-board audio is enabled. Normally, if the on-board is enabled in the BIOS but no hardware specific driver is installed Windows will install the generic "High Definition Audio Codec" driver. As this is not happening, it suggests either it is disabled in the BIOS or remotely it has a hardware problem.

If it is enabled in the BIOS, first thing to do is reinstall the motherboard chipset drivers from Sony. If the chipset drivers are corrupt all the devices could be mis-identified. Restart the PC after installing the chipset drivers and see if Windows detects and installs the High Definition Audio Drivers. If it still does not install, either the Windows 7 Operating System is corrupt and you will have to do a complete new install, or there is a hardware problem with the sound chip.,

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/362135-problem-sound-no-audio-output-device-installed-laptop-vaio.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hey, guys.

I've been having that problem for a while now, but I could always just system restore back to a previous state and my sound comes back. But now, it seems that when I tried to do a system restore, one wasn't available.

I've done everything that I've searched on, like disabling/enabling sound card, uninstalling and installing again. None of those seems to work.

Since my system restore sets it back before an update is installed, then I think it's because of an update. And the most recent update since the Red X was an update for windows defender, and I can't uninstall the update, or whatnot.

I'm getting really desperate here, guys. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

I run Windows 7 Home Premium x64.
The sound card is Conexant SmartAudio HD.

A:Red X on Volume Icon, "No Audio Output Device is installed."

If it's a Windows Update you should be able to uninstall it, at least if you remember what number it was exactly. "Control Panel" > "Programs and Features" then at the top left click on "View installed updates", the updates you installed, at least via Windows Update, should now be viewable. Then find which one it was and uninstall it, should be easy enough.

So Windows isn't acknowledging your sound card in "Device Manager"? If not go to Conexant's website and search under "Audio Solutions" or google for any drivers that may suit your exact product. If it is acknowledging your card. . .I don't know. If it's not onboard then it wouldn't be able to be disabled in your BIOS, unless you have an onboard sound AND a sound card, and they're conflicting? If so you might have to disable the onboard audio perhaps?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/218241-red-x-volume-icon-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I need to always display the default audio input and audio output device currently on win7.
Would like to launch a small program on change as well or instead.
I tried to use task scheduler but was not able.
Help!
Thanks,
Ray

A:need "always on top icon & msg for "default audio input/output device"

Do a search on this forum. I think someone found a program to basically do what you want.

However, I just created a shortcut on my desktop to the Sound Panel/Playback section where you can change default playback devices. Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound. RIGHT Click on "Sound" and then click to create a shortcut.

The audio input is another issue. If you set the default Recording device to the Stereo Mix then whatever input is used will be heard. In recording programs, select the Stereo Mix as the input and then whatever input device/port is used will be recorded. e.g. Mic, Line In, etc. Also, the Stereo Mix is needed if you want to record audio from the Internet or sites such as youtube.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/329200-need-always-top-icon-msg-default-audio-input-output-device.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Recently when I was trying to enable my sound card so I could make YouTube videos, I managed to somehow break my sound. I have a windows 7 64bit computer that runs realtek hd audio and nvidia hd audio. I have tried reinstalling windows and that does not work, as it comes up with an error message "upgrade failed, restart and then select updates when prompted" no mater how many times I do this It does not work. Please help!

A:Sound error "no audio output device is installed"

Reinstalling Windows probably is not the answer. The sound device (RealTek) is apparently the problem.

Without knowing what you did to "enable my sound card" we can't really say what is needed to make it work again.
Filling out the My System Specs will also help someone to try and help you.

What is the status of the RealTek in the Device Manager? Is it listed and does it show an error code or working OK?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/244731-sound-error-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello and thanks in advance for your time Earlier this afternoon I noticed that the sound on my Thinkpad W was no longer working I hadn t really done anything of note with my computer- just updated Adobe Reader to v that I can think of When I checked the notification area I saw this However when I right click and click quot Playback Devices quot I get the following I immediately checked Device Manager and found that everything appeared to be fine I tried uninstalled Device card error, be when Installed" to Audio Output "No installed is appears sound even correctly and "No Audio Output Device is Installed" error, even when sound card appears to be installed correctly reinstalling the Conexant and NVIDIA drivers as well as updating BIOS Nothing seems to help When try to use the mute volume buttons on the keyboard the speaker mute button lights up when pressed but the microphone mute and volume - buttons don t appear to do anything I ve also tried plugging in headphones and that does not make any difference When I boot from an Ubuntu CD however sound works fine so I don t think that it s a hardware issue Anything that you folks could do to point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454709/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-error-even-when-sound-card-appears-to-be-installed-correctly/
Relevancy 78.69%

Please help I am NOT Output Device Sound! Audio No "No is Istalled" a techie but have spoken to some and tried several repairs I have a Sony VAIO VPCEA FM laptop running windows -bit and the sound has randomly stopped working made no changes to anything that I know of There is a red circle with an x in it on the volume icon on the taskbar and when I hover over it it says quot No Audio Output Device is Installed quot However when I open the device manager and click under sound controllers Intel R Display Audio is listed and No Sound! "No Audio Output Device is Istalled" if I click on it it says this device is working properly I tried to update the drivers and it says I have the most up to date When I open sound on the control panel it says no audio device is installed and even when I right click and click quot show disabled devices quot nothing is shown I have tried microsoftfixit and it doesn t help I have also tried to download the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver from the Sony website and it downloads No Sound! "No Audio Output Device is Istalled" and installs and then a window comes up that says it may not have installed properly and asks quot reinstall with recommended settings quot i click ok and it gives me a message that says quot This update can only run on Microsoft Windows Vista Microsoft Windows quot and all there is is an quot ok quot button which i click and it does not reinstall HELP I M AT MY WIT S END OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus Trend Micro Titanium Disabled nbsp

A:No Sound! "No Audio Output Device is Istalled"

"No Audio Output Device is Installed" indicates the audio chipset is not found. This typically indicates the audio chpset is faulty.

The chipset you are seeing listed in Device Manager is likely the chipset used for the HDMI output.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-no-audio-output-device-is-istalled.1091255/
Relevancy 78.69%

Well like the title says, I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 from Windows Vista. Everything was working just fine till last week my audio goes bye-bye. In my taskbar my audio icon it has a white X in a red circle. Plus it says "No audio Ouput Device is installed."

More info, it goes on and off randomly when I shutdown or put the computer to sleep. I have a HP Pavilion dv6700nr,

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 [email protected] Dual-Core
Memory: 1.94GB
System type: 32 Bit
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 7150M/nForce 630M

Any input or help is greatly appreciated.

A:No sound "Audio Output Device not Installed".

Aww no one wants to help

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/69501-no-sound-audio-output-device-not-installed.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Please help I am NOT a techie but have spoken to some and tried several repairs I have Device is Audio "No Output Sound! Istalled" No a Sony VAIO VPCEA FM laptop running windows -bit and the sound has randomly No Sound! "No Audio Output Device is Istalled" stopped working made no changes to anything that I know of There is a red circle with an x in it on the volume icon on the taskbar No Sound! "No Audio Output Device is Istalled" and when I hover over it it says quot No Audio Output Device is Installed quot However when I open the device manager and click under sound controllers Intel R Display Audio is listed and if I click on it it says this device is working properly I tried to update the drivers and it says I have the most up to date When I open sound on the control panel it says no audio device is installed and even when I right click and click quot show disabled devices quot nothing is shown I have tried microsoftfixit and it doesn t help I have also tried to download the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver from the Sony website and it downloads and installs and then a window comes up that says it may not have installed properly and asks quot reinstall with recommended settings quot i click ok and it gives me a message that says quot This update can only run on Microsoft Windows Vista Microsoft Windows quot and all there is is an quot ok quot button which i click and it does not reinstall HELP I M AT MY WIT S END nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-no-audio-output-device-is-istalled.1091248/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a Gateway GT Core Quad desktop Vista Home Premium option video, - device audio No installed is controllers" Solved: output "Sound, game It has on-board sound which is enabled in the BIOS and worked Solved: No audio output device is installed - "Sound, video, game controllers" option fine for the month I ve had the machine until a couple of days ago We had a power outage and when the system Solved: No audio output device is installed - "Sound, video, game controllers" option came back up I had a speaker icon in the system tray with a red X saying quot No Audio output device is installed quot The system does not seem to realize that a sound card exists It no longer shows up in device manager Also quot Sound video and game controllers quot is not showing as a category in device manager was this removed in Vista or is this part of my problem I talked to support at Gateway and they told me to reinstall the drivers As I Solved: No audio output device is installed - "Sound, video, game controllers" option expected the drivers won t install because quot Audio device not found quot They then told me to do a Factory Recovery no thanks I ve spent too many hours tweaking this thing Do you folks think a Factory recovery would do anything To me this seems like a hardware problem If the machine can t see the sound card now it s not going to see it with a recovery either right Plus I already ran System Recovery once The system blue-screened like crazy when I first got it After installing all my software I realized that SP was not installed It would not install no matter what I had to do a factory recovery then install SP then re-install all my software FYI - I have the newest system BIOS installed Thank you for any tips nbsp

A:Solved: No audio output device is installed - "Sound, video, game controllers" option

Sounds like the power outage did something not so nice to your PC (investing in a UPS is a good thing). It sounds to me like some sort of hardware issue at this point.

I would recommend opening the case up and seeing if any of the capacitors (little can like things) on the motherboard look like they are distended (look like they are bulging out or exploded), also do a sniff test and see if anything smells funny.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-audio-output-device-is-installed-sound-video-game-controllers-option.739298/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello and thanks in advance for your time Earlier this afternoon I noticed that the sound on my Thinkpad W was no longer working I hadn't really done anything of note with my computer- just updated Adobe Reader to v that I can think of When I checked the notification area I saw this However when I right click and click quot Playback Devices quot I get the following I immediately checked Device Manager and found that everything appeared to be fine I tried uninstalled and reinstalling the Conexant and NVIDIA drivers as well as updating BIOS Nothing seems to help When try to use the mute volume buttons on the keyboard the speaker mute button lights up when pressed but the microphone mute and volume - buttons don't appear to do anything I've also tried plugging in headphones and that does not make any difference When I boot from an Ubuntu CD however sound works fine so I don't think that it's a hardware issue Anything that you folks could do to point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:No sound: No Audio Output Device is Installed, even when it is installed

The Red X on the speaker icon in the notification area means there are no speakers plugged into the Green Speaker out jack on the back of the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-no-audio-output-device-is-installed-even-when-it-is-installed-647102.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have been trouble shooting my sound for quite some time with no results. I've deleted and reinstalled drivers, checked bios, etc. no luck.here are my speccy details:http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hABYADp66DTHtJPioAZ4aF0and here's an example of the messages i'm recieving.

A:No Audio Output Device Installed/ Audio Device Disabled

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413317/no-audio-output-device-installed-audio-device-disabled/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi, i just recently got my convertible laptop. I have found ou that the audio doesn't work due to there being no audio output device installed, and after researching, I found out that there was a problem with the the Intel SST Audio Device. The device status stated:  "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)There are no compatible drivers for this device.To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver." I tried updating the driver but the computer could not find any drivers for the device.  Can anybody fix this for me please? Thank You.

A:No Audio Output Device installed and Intel SST Audio Device ...

Hi @JD_gin?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x2 Notebook and issues with sound drivers not installed correctly. In the Device Manager, right-click on Double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers and select all that are listed and uninstall the Driver Software. Here is the download to the Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driversp69248.exe. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed! You could also try in the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that categoryRight-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time.Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driverAfter the installation is complete, restart your Notebook.Please let me know how this goes.You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Audio-Output-Device-installed-and-Intel-SST-Audio-Device/td-p/5412572
Relevancy 74.82%

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron E1505.

I have had no problems with it for several years; however, recently my computer has booted with a red 'X' on my audio and tells me that "No Audio Output Device is Installed." I checked my Drivers and my High Definition Sound and 2 Base System Device drivers have Yellow Question Marks by them. I tried to update the drivers manually but it says Windows Cannot Find Support for your Base System Device and it says my High Definition Audio is already up to date. I have also tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting Windows to let the system automatically search and update the drivers. This too has failed. I do not have my Windows 7 disc available at the moment to be able to do a clean install.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

A:No Audio; Driver Downloads Fail and No Audio Output Device Installed

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-e1505

Dell link to driver downloads. Start there for now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-driver-downloads-fail-and-no-audio-output-device-installed.1078253/
Relevancy 74.82%

No sound.
Little speaker with the red 'x' appeared yesterday
I have gone through the whole update drivers circus to no avail, my laptop can't detect that it has speakers built in so it doesn't bother finding a driver for them.

This is where I am at:
- Intel Display Audio is the only driver installed for sound
- This means that sound works when the laptop is plugged into an HDMI
- When HDMI is not plugged in, the computer cannot find the built in speakers.
- I have Linux on this system and audio does not work there as well

I would call this a broken chipset, but the fact that the computer still processes audio with the HDMI cable attached is confusing me. Also, the 'audio board' for this laptop has 2 usb ports attached to it, and those both work fine.

Any help would be appreciated

A:No Audio Output Device is installed, HDMI Audio Out Works

Hi welcome to the forum

first thing i would check is the bios to make sure it is enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/367886-no-audio-output-device-installed-hdmi-audio-out-works.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello.

Im having the dreadful "No Audio Output Device is Installed" problem on my realtek audio.

It worked some months ago, but im in no position to do a roll back. Im sure the hardware is just fine, it works with Ubuntu.

The computer is a Dell Vostro 430.
My OS is win7 64bit.

I tried the newest Realtek driver suite, the recommended dell-drivers and some basic windows-drivers. Nothing makes the "No Audio Output Device is Installed" go away.

Any help is welcome.
Ive attached my sound-related reg. I believe my realtek device is 0001.

A:Realtek Audio: No Audio Output Device is Installed

The Dell driver is required, non Dell drivers will either not work or not work correctly.

First thing, is the Integrated Audio enabled in the BIOS? (F2 at boot up to enter Setup).

Second, on Dell's (and many others) if the motherboard chipset drivers were not installed, the sound device will not work. In this model there are Intel motherboard chipset drivers. Try installing them and then the Dell sound driver. Dell Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/128518-realtek-audio-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello everybody,

I hope everybody is doing all right and much better than me.

I wanted to ask something about audio.
How can I make the sound coming from my speakers like they are coming from microphone?
I guess you could say that how can make output coming like input?
I want to add a video entry to a journal, I can add the video, but I want the sound from the video added to the entry too.
I couldn't find a way to do that because it only records the sounds from microphones.
Another question would be how can make a song on my computer recorded as an audio journal?
What are the ways to do that?

Thanks.

A:Showing Output Sound as Input

I don't mind saying I'm confused. Where is the video coming from and where/what is the journal method of recording? Seems to me you could use Windows Live Movie Maker. As far as an audio journal, the Sound Recorder under Accessories should to it. You'll need a microphone plugged in and make sure it's assigned as a recording device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/170664-showing-output-sound-input.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My computer is less then 2 years old...desktop emachines and for the past four days, I cannot hear any music! Keep getting the message no audio output device installed...error code 31 and 21....Help...been to many sites and everyone wants me to pay to fix this crap...not going to do this...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device.916098/
Relevancy 71.81%

all of a sudden my computer is saying that i have no audio output device installed i really need help with this... what do i do? help me i want sound on my laptop again

A:no audio output device

hi you could try system restore to a date before the problem began or try looking in start control panel and in classic view device manager and check for any yellow ! anywhere in there but in particular sound and game controllers if you have any go to your comps mfr support website and download and install the latest drivers for you model and it may be worthwhile to do even if nothing seems out of order in device manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device.799728/
Relevancy 71.81%

Ok so i have an eMachine T5224 running Windows vista.
I dont know what freaking happen theres a red X on the audio speaker on the lower right corner. And i cant hear anything. What cant i do to get sound again. or where do i go. Plz,Plz,Plz can anyone help me.

A:No Audio Output Device?? ***.

I had exactly the same problem when I installed Vista, despite the fact that my audio works fine in XP. The way I got round it was to go into Device Manager (Click control Panel>System>Device Manager ) and install the drivers. These should be on the disc that came with your machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-169530.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Suddenly, it seems I have no sounds. Did install and remove web cam, but don't know enough about computers to know what happened, any help out there? Running Vista

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/143477/audio-output-device/
Relevancy 71.81%

How to fix this problem?
I don't know what happen, yesterday it was good. I have Windows Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device.961436/
Relevancy 71.81%

When Vista SP1 was installed, sound did not work and I have not found a good driver to fix the problem,
eMachine T5224
SigmaTel Audio

Speaker icon has red X and indicates "No Audio Output Device is Installed"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/nn-audio-output-device-after-sp1-327528.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M nForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB cd/dvd output rom audio device no or Free - MB Motherboard Quanta CF Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials no audio output device or cd/dvd rom Updated and Enabled I have went to hp and updated drivers Device manager say I have no driver Then when I try to update it it says it s up to date It won t give me the option to rollback the driver I ve looked up every fix online and tried it nothin seems to work I backed up my laptop and it came back then it was gone the next day So that makes me think its software issues instead of hardware issues I ran a scan with malwarebytes the day after it dissappeared again and found a few viruses including a trojan downloader I removed them and since then the scan has been clean I think It did some damage wile it was on there Please help I don t know what to do from here I tried to do a system restore to restore it back to factory settings and f will not work when it s booting up Not sure why I m not totally dumb when it comes to computers but I really need help not sure what to do next This laptop was passed to me after my mother passed away so it has sentimental value to me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-or-cd-dvd-rom.1119884/
Relevancy 71.81%

My first post! I have a Gateway MT 6705 running Windows Vista. On my task bar the speaker icon has an x across it. and when i try to open it, i get an, no audio output device detected. Its only a yr. old.

A:audio output device

Was anything recently changed or removed? Any windows updates run?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-output-device.791317/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello can I get some help my audio out put device is not installed and my computer can not play any sound

A:audio output device

simply download NVIDIA Forceware WHQL Drivers V.190.38 for Vista Windows.
After installation.....
go to your Config Panel ( the case recording ) active it, and you'll see appear the icone of your mixing stereo. Have a good day.......it works..

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/241014-audio-output-device.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello, recently went on a trip, took my HP laptop with me. Was running fine until I arrived at home. Now no audio at all is playing. Wondering if anyone knows a way to fix this, or any software I can DL for a quick fix. Beginner at computers and problems like this, so I really could use some help.

I run on Vista if thats any help at all.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-output-device-gone.842458/
Relevancy 71.81%

anyone help me.. i changed my os from xp to windows 7... but now same as the problems of the others, no audio output device with a red mark on the icon.. i just installed the cd windows 7. i cant install my graphics card because it says it's not supported with windows 7.. so i can open windows media center and i cant play music too.. pls help me.. i lost my cd for the motherboard also... can anybody help me? pls..

A:NO audio output device

After looking at you specs I really need to know what CPU you are running, whether you are using an internal sound card (on mother board), or PCI card, and if so the manufacture, and the age of the card. The sound card may not be supported either. Also even if you are running a 32 bit version of Win 7 512 of ram is just a might to low. You system would run a lot smoother with 2 gigs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/33318-no-audio-output-device.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Had to reset computer.  After reset my audio button has a red x and states No Audio Output device is installed.Have gone to device Manager and tried to install driver and  I get Windows encountered a problem installing driver software for your device.  A device attached to the system is not functioning.  error code 0x8007001f  My Audio is IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CoDEC

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/No-audio-Output-Device/td-p/5806561
Relevancy 71.81%

I have installed an Asus Xonar DX 7.1 (Working in perfectly in Vista) and I have also installed the drivers from the cd which installed without errors. I have also downloaded asus win 7 beta drivers yet I still get no sound.

In device manager I can see my asus card with the yellow ! signs. If I try to update the drivers it says I have the latest up to date drivers

At the bottom right near the clock it still reports no audio output device is installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Mike

A:No audio output device...

Right click on your card in Device Manager and select Properties, what does it list (if anything) for an error code?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/21071-no-audio-output-device.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a Dell XPS M1330 with Intel Core Duo 2 and my OS is Windows 7 64 Bit. I have tried downloading drivers, windows updates, virus scans, browsed different forums for a solution, but none of them worked.. My sound just isn't working and I don't know what to do next. My SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec is working fine, but my Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI is not. This is the message I get "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

A:No Audio Output Device

If thats a old computer model then there probably aren't any windows 7 drivers for it.

You could possibly search for customer drivers, or homemade drivers. However i have never used them so i wouldn't recommend it, but it could be a option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/95405-no-audio-output-device.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I was reading an older post and the OP seems to have found the solution.

Original Post: No Audio Output Device Installed

I have an HP Pavillion2845 Laptop.

When I hit F10, I enter the BIOS setup. However, I can't locate the tab to Enable/Disable the sound card. I tried pressing other Function keys at the startup (DEL too) but to no avail. I feel like I'm missing an obvious step.

Give this site a try:

HP Business Support Center

It is not tech support provided by HP. It is voluntary support provided by HP business users. But there are some savvy people on there. As an example, I had HP PCs with Intel chips that kept locking up due to overheating. The fans never bumped up to higher speed when the CPU got hot. Turns out there was an "Easter Egg" or undocumented hotkey that opened a page in the BIOS setup they don't tell you about in the manual. On that page I could set the fan speeds and trigger temperatures.

I found out about that setup page in the HP business forum.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/270878-no-audio-output-device.html
Relevancy 71.81%

when trying to play audio thru my compter i get no sound and the message "no audio output device is installed on my system"

A:no audio output device

Can we have a bit more info please? What sound card do you have? What version of windows/linux? What program are you using to get this error message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device.910082/
Relevancy 71.81%

Have windows 7.  Can't get any sound.  Sidebar shows No audio output device installed.  It's always been there before for the last 4 years.  How do I fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/34938b9a-8af2-4092-99a0-9a453bff46de/no-audio-output-device?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 71.81%

My PC is Windows Vista(Dell) Inspiron. I"m getting an icon which says-No Audio Output Device is installed. Can you help me get this driver installed?

A:Audio output Device

service tag of the Dell pc?? look on the under neath for it.. Vista 64bit or 32bit?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-output-device.1112120/
Relevancy 71.81%

I already looked at the other thread and nothing works. i recently istalled vista and installed the sound driver but the pc still doesn't have sound.i have also tried system recovery but still no sound. i don't know what my computer model is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device.860179/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey i recently reinstalled windows Xp on my PC and when i tried to play music it said i have no audio output device installed.

How do you install one?

Also i have no volume control on my toolbar!?!?!?

Thanks alot to anyone who replies

Sam

A:No audio output device!!!

Hi,

When you reinstalled your xp..did you also reinstall the motherboard drivers that come on a disc with the pc?

If you dont have it, could you post back your pc specs please..if you need help use the following program..i need the mobo name and chipset details

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-audio-output-device-155362.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Installed sp2 last night and after i rebooted,it says no audio output device is installed when i put my cursor over the volume icon.What do i do now?

A:no audio output device after sp2

After you install SP2 for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008, a sound device or hardware device may no longer work. If this problem occurs, install an updated driver for the device.
To troubleshoot sound problems after you install Windows Vista service packs, follow the steps in the following Knowledge Base article: 948481 (How to troubleshoot sound problems that you experience after you install a Windows Vista Service Pack ) How to troubleshoot sound problems that you experience after you install a Windows Vista Service PackTo troubleshoot hardware issues after you install Windows Vista service packs, follow the steps in the following Knowledge Base article: 948187 (A device driver is not installed or a hardware device does not function correctly after you install a Windows Vista Service Pack ) A device driver is not installed or a hardware device does not function correctly after you install a Windows Vista Service Pack

Hope this helps you...

Barnabas

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/229285-no-audio-output-device-after-sp2.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My HP Pavilion DV9000 laptop has no sound. During Device Manager does not show any sound. I had sound, it worked, but today I had nothing. I have a Windows 7 Ultimate on it. I do not understand anything. What could be the cause?
thank you

A:No audio output device

Those HP dv9000's run hot and it is possible that the sound chip on the motherboard has failed... If this is the case, there should be a yellow exclamation point on the audio device driver in the device manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device.187505/
Relevancy 71.81%

The old thread did not help as I try to get sounds to a virtual disk, where there is Windows Server 2008 installed as Vista. And the same red cross above the loudspeaker. Have tried some Vista Realtek 97 drivers but to no avail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-again.784488/
Relevancy 71.81%

I m using a HP Compaq nc and I ve recently installed Windows Professional -bit Since installing it I had a problem with my sound which was as the title states no audio output device I ve been through several drivers none of which Audio Output Device No worked and I ve also tried sound max which has in fact worked however I can t stand the little sound bar when you up or down the volume and it s fairly unresponsive when I use the buttons on No Audio Output Device my laptop No Audio Output Device So No Audio Output Device in all fairness I just want the actual driver designed to work with this laptop I do have a version of Windows Home Premium not too sure if it d make much difference however I d rather not go through another OS install as I ve got most of my stuff already set up on this now I am good with computers so don t be afraid to get technical but I just need another angle on this because it s most likely just something I m overlooking Thanks for any help Adam nbsp

Your machine according to the HP site has no support for Win7. Are you trying to install the Vista sound drivers? If you are, run the install in Compatibility Mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device.1014022/
Relevancy 70.95%

i have a compaq presario f700 that operates with vista. over the last month, the sound has been hit or miss, sometimes working, sometimes not. for the last week, it has become a constant not!!!! the icon in the lower right hand corner has a red x and tells me i have no audio output device installed. i have gone to the control panel and checked under hardware and sound and the playback tab confirms there is no device installed. where did the device go? (i am prepared to apologize to the sound device if it will come back and promise not to upset it further) how do i reinstall or do i need a new sound card?

A:no audio output device installed

The driver has become corrupt. Not all that uncommonThis is the one you need:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...093&lang=en

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280323/no-audio-output-device-installed/
Relevancy 70.95%

Can someone please help I was connecting my laptop to device output audio Solved: No my new Solved: No audio output device TV by HDMI cable and I was only getting sound through my laptop and not the TV I stupidly read on the internet that if you disabled your sound on laptop that you would get sound on the TV Howver no sound came from the TV and now I have no sound on my laptop either My laptop sound now has a red X next to it and it says quot No audio output device quot when you go over the top of it I am not sure what to so I have tried to do the recommended advice that I found on the internet but nothing works Please can someone help me I know it is unlikely anyone can help today considering it is New Year s Eve but if anyone can help as soon as possible it would be much appreciated My laptop is a Dell Inspiron and has Vista on it Kind regards nbsp

A:Solved: No audio output device

Have you set a default playback device?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-audio-output-device.971860/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I m running vista on my hp g notebook amp this past month I ve been haunted with the dreaded red x over my volume with the quot no audio output device is installed quot Now when I say I ve tried all the easy solutions I really mean it eg device manager where neither my sound or modem where the Conexant amp HD audio are supposed to be are there recovery manager with the reinstall that says it is complete that does nothing services where I have reset the windows audio amp restarted to no avail All the above so called solutions have given Device Output Installed Audio No me the odd faint hope but only last for a minute maybe two before it would go again I have un installed the audio drivers when I got it back for a No Audio Output Device Installed minute amp downloaded the drivers from hp s site to no avail also I have a friend who would be more computer literate than me who tried amp failed amp he advised me to bite the bullet amp restore the factory settings which I did after a day of windows updates it came back amp lasted for a day amp gone again right back No Audio Output Device Installed where I started I really need some help here cause it is affecting my college work not having the audio Sorry for the long post but I m in dire straights here Any new ideas or help would be appreciated so much Thanks for reading quot if you did quot nbsp

A:No Audio Output Device Installed

This is beginning to sound like a hardware problem with your integrated sound on your motherboard. Does you lab top have enough room for the vents to dissipate the heat, do you keep your lab top elevated if the vents don't get enough room to vent the heat. There are several heat monitoring programs that I recently found out about called Speed Fan, Real Temp ,and CPUcool. CPUcool being the easiest to use. Install a heat monitoring program. Try letting the computer sit for a while, install driver if it works, note the temperatures. If it stops working during use, note the temperatures if they have changed drastically.

If it is the integrated sound, a cheaper solution might be a sound card. I don't have much experience with lab tops, I don't know if there are PCI fans or cooler fans for lab tops or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.967060/
Relevancy 70.95%

So I ve got the same problem a number of people on is No device installed. output audio these forums have No audio output device is installed. found This are my computer s specs Dell Inspiron Windows Vista Basic -bit ATI Radeon Xpress M AMD Hammer motherboard chipset Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy Here s the list of issues My computer previously had Windows Vista Ultimate on it when the sound suddenly did not work I could see the sound level moving up and down in the volume bar but no sound was coming out So I restarted the computer then I got the message quot no audio output device installed quot After a while of fruitless driver downloading and installing nothing worked I went to XP same problem Went back to the original Vista CD that came with the laptop same problem Whenever I put in the original drivers and software utility disc and try to install the sound driver it says that no audio device is installed I downloaded the one from the Dell website as well same problem Sometimes the installation seems to configure fine but when I restart my computer the same problem comes up saying that no audio devices are installed on my computer I ran the Dell -bit Diag tested the speakers and could hear sounds through the speakers When I try to use the original SoundBlaster CD that came with the computer I get an error message saying quot The product license cannot be installed on this system quot The most frustrating part is that I cannot even access the sound card because it s nowhere to be found Now when I click on system speakers I get a message saying that the drivers are not installed But when I connect online to try to find the drivers for it it says that the drivers which the computer just said don t exist are the best ones available Please help-I am seriously at a loss how to fix this problem If worst comes to worst would an external sound card like the SB Live card work nbsp

A:No audio output device is installed.

I was going to suggest these initial steps, but you don't have the older fault device appearing. Perhaps try removing the "Base System Device" in device manager and see if it is re-detected properly.

It might be worth disabling the onboard sound in the BIOS, let windows see it has gone, then restart and enable it again.

I had the same problem, but moving PCI slots worked for me - of course with an integrated device that isn't much use

Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.691763/
Relevancy 70.95%

so i just got internet to my computer after almost years of it being out of comission it still worked and we were able to play games like solitaire and the sims but there was no internet hooked up to it it installed all kinds of updates and one night i was listening to music via wmp and the next day i went to listen and it said quot no audio output device is installed quot i tried updating the device and it said that my driver was up to date i also tried uninstalling it and rebooting my computer and that didn't work i don't see any error messages in the device manager i clicked the icon with the little magnifying glass and nothing showed up i don't know what else i can do besides take my computer and throw it into traffic i have alot of music on is installed audio output no device this computer that i listen to on a daily basis and would hate to have to switch it all to a new computer or even buy a new computer for that matter just because my speakers aren't working they're realtek high definition audio btw that seems like something i should prolly mention can someone please try and help me thank you

A:no audio output device is installed

uninstall the driver.. download the latest driver and reinstall it..

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/261295-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3061 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 151771 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway, , Rev1.89.22, V84MMNH1074LPF301X
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

I have tried updating,reinstalling, downloading new drivers....nothing works to get sound on my laptop. At first I could just update the driver, restart and get sound for awhile....then have to do it all over again. Now I'm just confused...I need a new driver that will keep working. (ADS Instant HDTV pci). Can someone walk me through this?

If the hardware is disappearing from Device Manager and Windows is showing "no device installed", then most likely the hardware is failing/faulty. Windows can only install drivers for hardware that is detected. If the hardware is not detected, drivers can't/won't install and are unnecessary.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.995767/
Relevancy 70.95%

i CANT SEEM TO FIGURE OUT WAT THE PROBLEM IS IVE TRIED SO MANY THINGS CAN U HELP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.865328/
Relevancy 70.95%

Up until yesterday I had sound I was playing a game and then the sound disappeared A Red X appeared on the sound control I shut down my laptop and everything started again then the sound stopped and the Red X appeared again I have shut down more times than enough trying to Device No Installed Output is Audio rectify the problem to no avail My laptop is an HP Pavillion dv us No Audio Output Device is Installed running Vista as OS No Audio Output Device is Installed The sound card is No Audio Output Device is Installed a Conexant HD Smart Audio I have been searching to resolve this problem and some other issues that started a while back The initial problems were the webcam and the CD Rom drive stopped working I got them back and they worked a few days and disappeared again I have run MrFixit and nothing I get the messages that the drivers are missing I have tried updating the drivers and redownloading nothing seems to work In troubleshooting I was able to find a way to view hidden devices in Computer management I did so and it shows my missing devices webcam cd rom sound When I click on those devices the icons are grayed out showing they are inactive I cannot activate them Before uninstalling and rebooting my laptop to see if this will reinstall the device drivers what am I missing and how can I get all three of these devices to be functional again I have some online tutorials to do but can't do them because of the 'no sound' I am truly aggravated by this It appears that this is a common problem that has not been resolved by MS Someone please help me out

A:No Audio Output Device is Installed

Have you tried a System Restore to a Point BEOFORE The problem happened?

See System Restore - How to For More Information

Also Did you Install/uninstall any New Programs and Drivers before Playing the Game and what is the Name of the Game so I can do some research

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/284961-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,

I have Hp Compaq Presario F700, my sound card is not working anymore. It says no audio output device is installed. Unfortunately, there is no "sound, video and game controllers" in device manager, and also my sound device is not seen in device manager. My sound appeared a few days ago, but after a restart it has gone again. I tried to install the driver over and over again, but it says "could not find MEDIA device for this driver" I don't know what to do! Please someone help me.

My Operating System is Vista.
AUDİO: Conexant HD-Audio SmartAudio 221

A:no audio output device is installed!

Go into device manager and show hidden devices. This is in the view menu.
Are there any devices with a red cross or yellow exclamation mark next to them?
Try doing a restore to a time before this started to happen.
Are you using the 64 or 32 bit drivers?
Here is the HP page for your laptop and all the drivers.
Compaq Presario F700 Notebook PC series

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/281428-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

My HP Pavillion dv6636nr, sound problem - No audio output device is installed.

1. I tried to contact HP online chat tech 3 times, problem remained, I tried the recovery manager, installed the Conexant high definition audio driver, but response is - Driver installation failed could not find the media device for this driver.

Tried Service.msc Window audio showed automatic. Window Fix it, none of them work.

2. This notebook came with Lightscribe DVD RW drive, it was not work for a while, I went on Hp.com support site, it went through Microsft Fix It, result was Matsu**bleep**a DVD ram driver installed, it can only read the dvd but can not write the DVD, it needs to be fixed.

Pls. help.--- [text removed - privacy concerns]

A:No audio output device is installed

Honestly, Looks like everything has been tried...Just double checking Have you formatted and install the OS back? as from what I see that is the only thing left out...If the Audio card still does not working than we have hardware issue which is a big surprise, Audio card failure is rare....Same goes for not able to write DVDs, you have to test it post format and reinstall...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-audio-output-device-is-installed/td-p/325019
Relevancy 70.95%

Recently installed Windows 7 and now I have a red cross beside my speaker icon and it says 'no audio outpud device is installed'.
Any advice please?

A:No Audio Output Device is installed.

System Specs would be nice for someone to try and help you.
However, in many PC's when you do an install you have to (1) Install Windows (2) Install chipset drivers (for motherboard) and (3) install device drivers such as sound, video, ethernet, etc. If you didn't do this on installation, and especially the chipset drivers, that could be the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/72761-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Yesterday my sound was working fine I walked away from my notebook for minutes and came back and the sound icon had a red X against it The error message when I hover over it is 'No Audio Output Device is installed' In Device Manager the error message for Realtek High Definition Audio is This device cannot start Code although there have been different error messages depending on where I am at with troubleshooting I have tried reinstalling RealTek drivers on Audio Output Device is installed No the sound card rolling back drivers using sound troubleshooter system restore etc with no luck I have also spoken to Windows support and they couldn't resolve the issue and suggested I contact the notebook manufacturer ASUS I tried doing this but ran into errors on their website Are there any further suggestions anyone could recommend that I try Some details of my system OS No Audio Output Device is installed Windows Home bit Manufacturer Model ASUS X LJ Processor i - U Ram GB Any help would be great Thanks Lawrence

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67552-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have been dealing with this for the last week and nothing i try works. I have a KA3 MVP elite group mother board with intergrated sound. An athlon x2 4800, 2g ram. Audio was working fine, opened up my tower, ran some HDD checks in BIOS, now vista reads "no audio output device installed", Tryed update/uninstall/reinstall drivers-no good, checked hardware no problems. Vista doesn't recognize any audio devices tried refreshing and no change. I have been all over multiple forum and tried all kinds of wacky thing with no luck. This is starting to drive me crazy!!!
PLEASE HELP!!

A:No audio output device is installed

Hello

I had this problem a while ago when my computer crashed after attack of trojans... i couldn't figure out how to sort it out... neither could a professional!

The best that i could do was to bring it back to the time that it was working properly using system restore.

Going to the start panel and typing in system restore and finding the date that it was working properly then let it do its stuff.

This shouldnt affect any documents but just incase BACK THEM UP!!

hope this helped

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.871119/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Benq joybook s52 and I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop computer. Everything is working great, but I have no sound. In the bottom right corner, I have the audio icon with a red circle and a white x. It also says 'No Audio Output Device Installed'. When I look in the device manager, I have a yellow icon next to 'High Definition Audio Device' under Sound, video and game controllers, and I also have an Unknown Device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers. I've tried reinstalling the Realtek drivers and i also have reinstalling the device (digital_media_joybook_drivers_jbs52_audio_jbs52_audio_6.14.10.515), but nothing seems to be working. Can anybody help?

It doesn't seem like it ought to be necessary, but you could try installing the Intel chipset update for the 915GM chipset in your S52.

? INF Update Utility - Primarily for Intel® 5, 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets

You said nothing about graphics, but here is what Intel has to say about drivers for "legacy" chipsets (including the 915GM):

? Older Intel® Graphics Controllers and Microsoft Windows 7*

Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/95480-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

help , i know ive tried everything , can someone anyone please help me ?i have an acer aspire 4520 laptop . i just dont know what to do

Hi what exactly is the problem, is it that you don't physically have a soundcard installed or is it that you are getting an error reporting that you have no sound hardware installed? if it's the latter then there are a couple of options one is that you have no drivers for the soundcard or they are corrupt or not up to date, and the other is that you don't actually have a soundcard installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.872636/
Relevancy 70.95%

hello i'm new, and no doubt you've probably heard this question many many times before!

the issue is i have had no audio since september, and so far i have tried the following:

1) I went to device manager and tried to locate 'sounds, game controllers etc' but it's not there.

2) i have visited recovery manager and tried to update conexant driver on the list, but an error came up saying no media device found.

3) i have downloaded the driver from realtek (that takes ages to download), that failed also.

close but no cigar they say, someone please help?

Try going to control panel,classic view,sound, realtek,disable then enable.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/281624-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I m having a -lot- of driver trouble The thing is my laptop has had a host of problems all within months of each other and all ongoing -- First my integrated webcam stopped working and keeps giving me a quot unknown device quot error disappearing entirely from device manager -- After that my optical drive suddenly stopped working and it too disappeared from device manager -- A few months later one of my usb ports suddenly quit working -- NOW my audio has completely stopped working which is absolutely the most frustrating It s giving me a quot no audio output device is installed quot error It too has also disappeared entirely from device manager There is no sound video and game controllers section It was working perfectly fine last night My specs are as follows HP Pavillion DV cl However my laptop case says dv and my system info says dv but device audio No other things) output (among the dv cl printed with my serial number on the bottom is No audio output device (among other things) what HP is auto detecting so I assume that s the correct model Windows Vista Home Premium w Service Pack GB RAM I m pretty sure the onboard sound was Realtek or Conextant or both Anything else needed The thing is I ve tried everything I can think of First I tried a system restore which didn t work Then I tried reinstalling drivers chipset drivers audio drivers usb drivers everything specified for my specific laptop both from HP and the component specific manufacturers Updated the bios and made sure the audio was enabled in there Nothing worked My audio among everything else is still busted No malware has been detected And nothing is showing up in the device managers for any of these problems I ve yet to try system recovery only for the fact that I don t want to lose my files if it s unnecessary and judging from people who ve had similar problems on other forums it probably wouldn t work anyway No one reported it working and I don t want to try it unless I m absolutely out of options as I use this computer for work and I have GB of files that I have no room for on other devices If anyone has any suggestions I d be incredibly grateful I really don t know what else to try nbsp

A:No audio output device (among other things)

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Although I am not entirely sure on the problem itself, I would strongly suggest you backup all your data.

Even if the machine was working properly it is not a good idea to have Gigs of data on a device that isn't backup up in at least one other location, preferably two, especially if it is work related. WIth the fact you are having some problems with the machine this should be your first and highest priority at this stage, if the machine fails you could lose everything!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-among-other-things.1135989/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys, i just installed Windows 7 put all drivers, but audio don't want to install, said that smth about "no device found to install driver".
Sound Icon is with a red circle with a "x". In Device manager no sound device as all. I have a Hp Dv 9925nr with audio conexant 221.

Please Help (sorry for my english) !!!

A:No Audio Output Device is installed

Hey.

Right click on the audio device in the device manager. Properties. Details tab. Change dropdown to hardware ids. Copy and paste the results here.

I'll try to find or edit a driver that will work for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/40293-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi everyone Have been having this problem for the past month or so and I m starting to get desperate for a computer wizz to help me Okay so I have a HP DV pavilion entertainment laptop with windows vista I have OUTPUT AUDIO DEVICE- help stuck, so I'm NO please me! a feeling that there is not a problem with the actual sound card as sometimes when i turn the computer on the sound icon looks normal but then the computer crashes I have tried downloading realtek from the HP website with no luck I have also tried following various websites with instructions that tell me to go to my device manager and look for sound video and games which is not there neither is other devices I have also followed instructions that tell me to go onto my recovery manager and recover the sound that way- this didnt work either Is there anyone that can help me Pleease I m not the best with computers and have tried my best but I m at a loss about what to do Thanks Jess x nbsp

A:NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE- I'm so stuck, please help me!

I looked on google and saw pretty much the same info you did. Wouldn't it be nice if google prioritised helpful answers to the first page.

Did you see this thread on this forum? If not it might help to shed some more light on the problem.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/557593-vista-tells-me-no-audio.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-im-so-stuck-please-help-me.919334/
Relevancy 70.95%

I updated my sound card using a updating software and it changed into Realtek HD Audio. Now the problem there is no sound coming out and my sound mixer said that "No Audio Output Device is installed" but i have my speaker plugged in and when i troubleshoot it the troubleshooter said that :Audio Device is disabled".

Any idea ?

try going to the manufacturer's website to download the latest driver. sometimes windows doesn't always find the best driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/188945-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I reinstalled windows on my computer and now i have no sound and it says no audio output device installed on the right bottom corner where the volume controls are.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/no-audio-output-device-installed/td-p/5781933
Relevancy 70.95%

I recently installed a SSD into my PC and while I was at it, I had to update to Win 10.   Though Audio was pre-installed on my PC when it came from the factory,  the speaker icon shows a red "X" and reads:   No Audio output device is installed".   I've tryed updating the drivers.  Is it possible that the sound card was damaged when replacing the SSD or perhaps Win 10 doesn't recognize an older Audio?sound card?   

A:"No Audio output device is installed"

@Monkmanach? To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/quot-No-Audio-output-device-is-installed-quot/td-p/5753029
Relevancy 70.95%

i have no sound when i hover the cursor over the sound icon it says "no audio output device is installed" i tried everythinggg. i installed nd unistalled it. i downloaded all this stuff nd still didnt work. i followed ALOT of instructions nd none of them worked. iii am getting VERY frustrated. help plz? !! !!

Relevancy 70.95%

I have an HP Pavilion dv9727cl with windows vista home edition.
I was having problems with my sound going in and out, so i resorted to uninstalling the Conexant High Definition Audio driver in my devices tab, under Sound, Video, Game controller tab. Im not sure if i deleted it or not, i was in a panic and wasnt paying attention to what i was doing. Now the Sound, Video, Game Controller tab is missing. I have tried downloading the chipset, restarting, downloading the conexant driver, but at the end of the driver download i get the message "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the device for this driver"

If i did delete the Conexant High Definition Audio, is there any way to get it back?

Help!

A:No Audio Output Device is installed

Hi here is your driver page at hp try downloading the driver then go to device manager and try scanning for hardware changes,now try pointing windows to the driver from device manager with update driver choose the second option to install from a specific place and browse to where the driver was downloaded http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&product=3647026&lang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.896287/
Relevancy 70.95%

so i have a older hp pavillion that had xp on it and after geting a mean viris i had to reboot the os so i figured id upgrade a bit to vista alls good exsept the 'no audio output device installd' now i want on line and saw this is a common problem and there are sulutions but when i go to 'device manager' and look for the 'sound and game controler' tab its not there so if someone could help id be greatly appreceated so i dont turn to one of those vista haters lol
peace
dan

A:'no audio output device installed' but more

See whether you can find the audio driver for your model PC on the HP website. Else go to the website of your sound device manufacturer. If you don`t know what this is, type msinfo32 into the start/search field and hit Enter. Then expand "Components" and go to "Sound Device". That should tell you the manufacturer.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/260736-no-audio-output-device-installed-but-more.html
Relevancy 70.95%

hi 
ihave a problem with my pc 
it's no have sound 
and no have multimedia audio controller in devie manenger pleas how to fix it all
no audio output device is installed 
how to install them

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f82a65dd-e07d-4b02-8cd2-aaeed7bc8432/no-audio-output-device-is-installed?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 70.95%

First off nice job on improving the OS I skipped Vista and went from XP to Win RC Huge improvement in ease of installation and getting set up But I can't find working audio drivers Since the installation I keep getting quot No Audio Output Device Installed quot and a red X over Installed Output Audio Device No my sound icon I can install the drivers for my sound I took the RealTek R drivers they worked in No Audio Output Device Installed xp But in my Device Manager I still get a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it on my sound Furthermore when I open Sound there are no devices to output to While I have a subwoofer boxes and a headphone attached to my PC I don't have a sound card since I have one on-board No Audio Output Device Installed and it worked fine before But for some reason it doesn't detect it My motherboard is an Asus P GD Premium Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong Don't be affraid to get a bit technical I'm an it student and I like tinkering with my machine

Quote: Originally Posted by Armaron

First off, nice job on improving the OS. I skipped Vista and went from XP to Win7 RC. Huge improvement in ease of installation and getting set up.

But I can't find working audio drivers. Since the installation I keep getting "No Audio Output Device Installed" and a red X over my sound icon. I can install the drivers for my sound, I took the RealTek R2.24 drivers, they worked in xp. But in my Device Manager I still get a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it on my sound. Furthermore, when I open Sound, there are no devices to output to. While I have a subwoofer, 4 boxes and a headphone attached to my PC.

I don't have a sound card since I have one on-board and it worked fine before. But for some reason it doesn't detect it. My motherboard is an Asus P5GD2 Premium.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Don't be affraid to get a bit technical, I'm an it student and I like tinkering with my machine.

i wont get technical nor will I help all that much..lol
I had the same problem i was under the impression I had a realtek audio system in my laptop but it turned out to be Conexant High Def sd2 i found it by accident but on the HP website ..so try your comps manufacturer web site and and search the driver section and u might get lucky, also right click on the driver select trouble shoot and click troubleshoot then select the program worked in an earlier version , then select your old OS (XP) then click start program and it should start to install, when it does and if it works select save settings for this device within the same trouble shoot window, u will have to do a lot of this seeing as how its an RC and not fully equipped with all drivers

cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/10913-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I log into my computer and my computer says that it has a vista Service package update to download
So I download it and it takes about 20 minutes and it restarts my computer. I log in and BAM! my audio is saying what I wrote in the title
So I looked into my programs to see if it may have been something that it installed but it didnt install anything that I could see

i HAVE A Windows Vista Home Premium
its model is a HP Pavilion dv9000

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/211127-no-audio-output-device-installed-o_o.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Today I updated Vista with a recommended update No Device is Audio Installed Output and now in the system tray the audio button has an X over it and says quot No Audio Output Device is Installed quot So I performed a system restore and the problem persists I have also used the Recovery manager to install the Conexant HD Audio driver and that also does not fix it I Googled the issue and found a few fixes including quot OPEN YOUR quot CONTROL PANEL quot THEN OPEN quot HARDWARE AND SOUND quot LOOK FOR AND CLICK OPEN No Audio Output Device is Installed quot DEVICE MANAGER quot SCROLL DOWN TO SOUND VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLER RIGHT CLICK quot SOUND VIDEO AND GAME OPTION quot THEN AN OPTION WILL COME UP SAYING quot SCAN FOR HARDWARE CHANGES quot CLICK IT AND HEY PRESTO YOUR SOUNDS AND VIDEO AND EVERYTHING IS WORKING quot This fix does not work for me as there is not an option for quot Sound Video and game controller anymore Pretty much at a total loss here on how to fix this problem I have also tried to roll back the update but sadly it will not allow me to do so Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated Thank You in advance nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,im having a problem with my computer-few days ago i bought a new computer and installed windows 7 ultimate.The problem is,there is no sound.On sound icon there is a x on it.Ive tryed everything:installing new drivers,tryed realtek and lot more.When i uninstall drivers
windows update installs new ones,and the message changes on the sound icon:no speakers or headphones are plugged in.

PC specs.

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II x4 635 Processor 2.90 Ghz
Installed memory: 2 Gb
System type : 32-bit operating system
Video Card:Nvidia GeForce GT 240.
Sound device: When i go to device manager on sound,video and game controllers it shows like this:
High Definition Audio Device
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

If there's any info you need-ask.Thank you.

What is make and model of PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.945304/
Relevancy 70.95%

Well today last night i updated my PC to windows 7 ultimate from windows vista, and my sound isnt there anymore, im not sure which sound driver i need. The pc is called Dell dimension 2400.

A:No audio Output Device is installed?

I believe this should be the audio driver you require - Driver Details | Dell UK

You can also search for any other drivers you require on the Dell website here - Product Support for Dimension 2400 | Dell UK

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/292600-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi i have had no problems with my audio on my vista 32, until i recently put 4GB ram into my computer, switched it on and works fine, only problem was i lost my audio/realtec, i dont know why this happened, and i am unsure how to correct it and get it working again, if anyone can suggest anything it would be most appreciated.

A:no audio output device is installed?

Originally Posted by micha115

Hi i have had no problems with my audio on my vista 32, until i recently put 4GB ram into my computer, switched it on and works fine, only problem was i lost my audio/realtec, i dont know why this happened, and i am unsure how to correct it and get it working again, if anyone can suggest anything it would be most appreciated.

can you check in the device manager and see if your audio controller is installed under sound, video and game controllers? right click computer and on the left, click on device manager, should looks something like this

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/205194-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, I have 2 new HP Probook 440 G3, a recently launched model. It came with Windows 10 Home. We use Windows 7 Ent SP1 or Windows 7 Professions SP1 in our environment. I did a clean install in either operating system in Legacy and UEFI mode but in all the case I have no audio. The multimedia audio controller driver seems missing even after installing recommended HP drivers and microsoft updates. The hardware ID which shows up in multimedia audio controller properties are:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D70&SUBSYS_8100103C&REV_21PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D70&SUBSYS_8100103CPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D70&CC_040100PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D70&CC_0401 ANy help would be much appreciated.

This is resolved now! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Audio-Output-Device-Installed/td-p/5402482
Relevancy 70.95%

EDIT: PLEASE TRASH THIS I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM
for some reason vista hides the devices after you disable them--I was correct in assuming I could re-enable them.

sorry!

Hi,

I did something really stupid the other day out of frustration-long story short I couldn't get sound for a video on a certain platform so I started systematically disabling my audio output devices, thinking that I could simply re-enable them later. Lo and behold they disappeared. I have been trying to restore my system, but the only restore points showing up are from after the disaster. Is there any way to reveal earlier restore points (perhaps that my computer made automatically) so I can get my sound back?

edit: I am operating on a Vista basic

Thanks,

nsweeney

A:I deleted my audio output device

Are you using a sound card or onboard sound? If a sound card, just insert the installation disc that came with the sound card. If it's onboard sound, is it a Realtek codec? if so go to realtek, download and install the newest correct drivers and it should give you everything back. If you don't know, tell me what kind of motherboard you have (brand and model, IE nVidia 790i). Or the make and model of your computer (IE Dell 3600 inspiron ect......) and I'll see what i can find for you.

Sorry about the delay, I meant to answer this yesterday but my 7 year old came in and dragged me off the computer lol.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/237626/i-deleted-my-audio-output-device/
Relevancy 70.95%

I'll start from the beginning, as i do not know what could be possibly wrong.
My desk got flooded one day and i had to move my computer, television off my desk incase they got wet. to my knowledge none of my equipment was wet. i unplugged all my computer cables from the wall and televsion and plugged them back in later. All the plugs were in the same ports, but when i started my computer the error message "No audio output device installed". I am currently using a samsung televsion as my monitor. the sound is connected from an AUX cable. i have tried system restore and uninstalling then reinstalling the audio drivers, but no luck. On the Sound panel it says "Speakers, Realtek High Definition Audio, Not plugged in"
Please help!
Thanks
Andy

Relevancy 70.95%

been at it all day fitted a relacment motherboard and this is my only problem.
obvious I've done all the simple stuff and downloaded a million drivers that have all done nothing the problem is there is no listing in device manager for sound!!
any ideas?

A:No Audio device output installed

Is the motherboard new?
IS it on board audio or a PCI card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-device-output-installed-608858.html