Windows Support Forum

CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC

Q: CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC

CLONE FAIL FAIL FAIL So I have a Haswell i rig GTX with Platinum PSU etc etc W Pro and a few other W PC s I tried the clone op with also and on the SSD to clone in question it is a Samsung EVO Gb SSD It seems to work perfect But its getting near full ish Gb spare so I bought a Samsung EVO VNAND Gb twice the capacity and thought an easy clone was in store I also have some additional drives I have just disconnected for the Clone op as the Samsung clone software was being stupid trying to get me to clone my documents drive to my new SSD With or without the other drives connected it FAILS FAILS FAILS So when I try to clone It SSD CLONE SAMSUNG Fails every SSD to PC FAIL Samsung on gets CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC to about cloned and then fails Time after time Recent ERROR MESSAGE is - quot Failed to retrieve source information bc quot I tried to clone the SSD to SSD on a CLONE machine Box A FAIL I tried to clone using Macrium Reflect A FAIL I tried to clone using EASEUS A CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC FAIL I tried them all a few times including the SAMSUNG CLONE Software FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL What am I doing wrong Is there a problem with the Gb SSD I don t know about I am using this PC with it in now Or will a SAMSUNG EVO not clone to a SAMSUNG CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC VNAND Do I have to try everything including disabling features such as RAPID MODE And Disable Performance and everything Or what I have been a dozen hours trying to do this simple task P S I tired to contact SAMSUNG but as I bought the SSD s from Amazon their help website gives me the brush off And I dont want to send them back as they both work I installed a bare W onto the VNAND and it ran great But I have thousands of files and links to the other hard drives and programs etc etc etc and it would take me a month of part-time work to get them all linked properly so I PREFER To CLONE It should be easy so

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: CLONE FAIL SAMSUNG SSD to Samsung SSD Fails on every PC

Create a recovery CD with Macrium(Win PE Rescue), back up your current SSD to an external HDD, install 500GB SSD and boot with rescue CD( Win PE) and restore the image from the back up with Macrium Reflect.
Or
Try this utility, I have cloned with this a while ago: AOMEI Windows Backup, Cloning, and Recovery Software

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/61716-clone-fail-samsung-ssd-samsung-ssd-fails-every-pc.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I am terrified of screwing this up given that the software on the laptop runs my wife's business nbsp You can imagine the ramifications mess it up nbsp I have googled searched on this site multiple threads and they each have a different twist Some say put the new SSD in the laptop while others say that I should connect it using the USB cable Also there was some confusing info about AHCI Aligning sectors Indexing TRIM etc nbsp Data Requirements nbsp Used space on current HDD GB nbsp New SSD is GB nbsp I do not wish to Samsung Clone 850 Evo ... on HDD Windows T430S SSD to use the old Clone T430S HDD to Samsung Evo 850 SSD on Windows ... HDD after cloning nbsp Hardware purchased for cloning project Samsung Evo GB Internal SSD Startech USB to SATA III Hard Drive Adapter Cable w UASP-SATA to USB Converter for SSD HDD nbsp Would somebody please be kind enough to walk me through this and post current instructions I have read about Acronis True Image Samsung Magician Macrium Reflect etc and there doesn't appear to be a consensus nbsp I feel like I have just enough information to be dangerous and really screw this up nbsp Anybody want to help me through a topic that has been covered repeatedly but is still terrifying to me nbsp Thanks nbsp Anthony nbsp P S nbsp I am willing to pay via paypal if you are experienced in doing this and will walk me through the process nbsp Moderator note serial number removed for member's protection nbsp nbsp

A:Clone T430S HDD to Samsung Evo 850 SSD on Windows ...

First, welcome to the forum.

> I am terrified of screwing this up given that the software on the laptop runs my wife's business.  You can imagine the ramifications mess it up.

1. You're going to copy the contents of your current HDD to your new SSD. If for any reason there's a problem you can always go back to the HDD. Its contents won't have changed.

2. In any case, if this system is critical to your wife's business then presumbly you already back up the HDD. Back it up again just before you begin the clone process just in case.

> I have googled/searched on this site multiple threads and they each have a different twist.
Some say put the new SSD in the laptop while others say that I should connect it using the USB cable.
Also, there was some confusing info about AHCI, Aligning sectors, Indexing, TRIM, etc...

1. Put the HDD in the external USB enclosure and put the SSD in the T430s main drive bay. Temporarily boot from the HDD in the USB enclosure. Clone from HDD to SSD. Reboot normally (i.e. from the SSD).

2. If you're on Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 then there's no need to mess with those confusing parameters. Let the OS sort this stuff out.

> I have read about Acronis True Image, Samsung Magician, Macrium Reflect, etc... and there doesn't appear to be a consensus.

I would use Samsung's own Data Migration Software. ("The Samsung Data Migration software is designed to help users quickly, easily, and safely migrate all of their data ? including their current operating system, application software, and user data ? from their existing storage device (e.g. HDD) to their new Samsung SSD. Samsung Data Migration software is developed and distributed exclusively for owners of Samsung Solid State Drives (SSDs).")

> I feel like I have just enough information to be dangerous and really screw this up.

Take a deep breath. This stuff isn't that complicated. Take things one step at a time and double check each step before you take it. Enjoy the substantial performance improvement from upgrading to an SSD.

P.S. re "I do not wish to use the old HDD after cloning."
Hang on to that drive for a while just in case there's a problem with the SSD. It's rare but it's possible for a new drive to fail. Once the SSD has been running OK for a a couple of weeks, consider using the HDD as a backup device.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Clone-T430S-HDD-to-Samsung-Evo-850-SSD-on-Windows-7-Home-Premium/td-p/3474669
Relevancy 90.3%

Referring to this post http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ive-clone.html

Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, Paragon should work on your computer when this issue is going on? I installed a new Samsung 830 SSD in my ASUS G74SX last night using Norton Ghost and while the clone worked as far as I can tell. I get the same blue screen as the other guy and when I manually start explorer the drive letter for the SSD is E: rather than C: I think fixing that would remedy the issue but it won't let me change the drive path with the OS in use.

A:Boot Error after Clone to New Samsung 830 SSD

Update: I used the Paragon software and was able to successfully change the drive letter and the new drive booted successfully. The only issue I'm having now is that I've seemed to have lost my basic administrator privileges on folders in my C drive. Specifically when I try to launch steam from my menu shortcut without using the run as administrator option I get the following error.

Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to write to the current Steam application folder. Please move Steam to a folder where you have write privileges.

I checked the folder and it seems that I only have the following permissions in the security tab of the Program Files (x86) folder. Read and Execute, List folder contents, and Read. Not sure how this happened but I can't change it as far as I can tell.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202984-boot-error-after-clone-new-samsung-830-ssd.html
Relevancy 89.44%

HiI'm looking for advice on guidance I've recently purchased a SSD to breath fresh or Windows install - Samsung fresh clone, 850 or Evo ... SSD 7 life into my yr old dv laptop I am leaning towards a fresh installation rather than clone but my recovery partition though seemingly intact is disabled I don't recall ever making recovery disks even though it tells me they were made in I did a fresh install using the recovery partition a couple of years ago and it worked fine on that occasion The partition has been left untouched It is GB in capacity with used and remaining It does not show any errors but I can't Samsung 850 Evo SSD - fresh install or clone, Windows 7 or ... make it active Is it possible to do so Is it necessary or are there alternatives Samsung 850 Evo SSD - fresh install or clone, Windows 7 or ... If so which is the better option nbsp I'm also looking at whether to get windows whilst it's free but have heard some horror stories What are your thoughts What are the pros and cons Are there any incompatibility issues that anyone has experienced nbsp I would also appreciate guidance on the best way to go about the SSD installation and Samsung 850 Evo SSD - fresh install or clone, Windows 7 or ... fresh install I was hoping I could have just slotted the drive into bay two started the recovery process and been given the option to reinstall to bay two but suspect it's not that straightforward nbsp nbsp I have external hard drives available and GB and GB SD cards but currently no large USB dongles might have a or GB somewhere nbsp The dv has two hard drive bays nbsp Thanks for your help

A:Samsung 850 Evo SSD - fresh install or clone, Windows 7 or ...

Hi Ndb76, welcome to the forums! In my experience, the easiest way (and best as far as the SSD is concerned) is to run the recovery media/usb with just the blank ssd in the laptop and have a fresh install that way. Some SSD "kits" come with cloning software and an external enclosure, but they usually cost more than just the drives themselves. If you cannot find or make recovery media, you can always order a recovery DVD from HP. You have a couple options for 'clean installs':You could download a Windows 7 DVD image (.iso) from Microsoft (whichever version you are licensed for, I'd imagine Home Premium on a DV7 unit) and then install using the CD key from the bottom of the laptop.You could download a Windows 10 DVD image (.iso) from Microsoft (similar version to Win7, probably Home version) and use your Windows 7 CD key in the Windows 10 installer (this is doable until the end of the free upgrade period, July 31, 2016). Once your hardware and/or CD key are "upgraded", you may reinstall Windows 10 on that device at any point in the future... It's why I've upgraded all of my devices (after making a full system image of them!!!) even if only to roll them back after Windows 10 is activated. (Search term: Windows 10 Upgrade by Digital Rights) 

(If this solved your problem, please click Accept as Solution. If I helped, please consider clicking "Kudos". Thanks!)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Samsung-850-Evo-SSD-fresh-install-or-clone-Windows-7-or-10/td-p/5697313
Relevancy 86%

hi, I've recently been experiencing issues with a blue screen on my notebook and when i checked the samsung recovery solution it recommended a basic recovery which i performed, but straight after the operation was performed and my laptop restarted the blue screen appeared, and now i can't perform any operations on my laptop without a blue screen appearing; that goes right down to clicking the "start" button or opening windows explorer. Please help me if anyone knows the solution

A:samsung recovery solution 5 fail

Hi, you say notebook - laptop!
Which one is it?

What is the model number of the Samsung notebook/laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-recovery-solution-5-fail.1100033/
Relevancy 85.57%

Problems on initializing Samsung GB with Samsung s Disk Manager Ontrack tm Hi There is some problem on my gb Samsung HD The situation is this I have had an old computer which have an ancient motherboard because of the limitations of motherboard it was initializing Hd as gb I installed Samsung s Disk Manager program named Ontrack It does something with the MBR to make the gb initialized HD as gb When you re in bios setup it says your samsung is gb but when you reset and wait for the system disk error message Ontrack activates and then your hd is gb you can install Manager: with on initializing 80GB Disk Samsung Samsung's Problems Ontack(tm) OS after that Here is the problem I bought a new computer whose motherboard to initialize my GB hd as GB also but things didn t happen like that On bios setup it says my HD is gb I plugged the HD to my other computer and its partition magic says quot gb BAD quot also A modified MBR by a program ontrack can fool bios setup if so can i use XP CDs system recovery console with fixmbr command f it is not how can i make my Problems on initializing Samsung 80GB with Samsung's Disk Manager: Ontack(tm) hd back to normal not for old motherboards initialized as GB New motherboard is MSI RS M -IL and because of this problem I cannot enable S M A R T feature I need help and thanks from now on nbsp

A:Problems on initializing Samsung 80GB with Samsung's Disk Manager: Ontack(tm)

If you are using XP then boot fromt eh XP Cd. Then delete the existing partition and create a new one and format that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-on-initializing-samsung-80gb-with-samsungs-disk-manager-ontack-tm.42530/
Relevancy 84.28%

hi I have samsung laptop

When I press power button, then its shows me samsung logo on the screen and after that it goes to black screen.
I try to replace hard disk, laptop find this new hard disk.
but then it straight goes to the BIOS and over there I try to change boot order, to boot from dvd player but I couldnot find any option there.
I open it up and clean everything inside the machine.
but problem is still there.
Is anybody help to to fix this machine.

REgards
loke_itp

Relevancy 84.28%

Hello, Last week i did a upgrade on my Inspiron 15R SE(7520) with a SSD Samsung EVO 850 500GB, and now i'm intending to buy one msata Samsung EVO 850 500GB, But i would like to do a RAID 0 with those two "drives", So is that possible? Will it work and have a gain of performance?
Sorry for my bad english, i'm still learning.
My Specs (Inspiron 15R SE (7520)
Intel Core i7 3632QM
8GB ram 1600Mhz
Primary: SSD Samsung EVO 850 500GB
msata: 32GB MZMPC032HBCD
Secondary: Seagate ST1000LM024  5400RPM 1TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995462
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi all I'm coming to you with my problem I had W on my laptop I finally decided few days ago to upgrade to W Upgrade went quot well W10 700ZA3 on install fails samsung quot matter of speaking because everything was very slow and buggy So i've decided to reinstall on clean hard drive W10 install fails on samsung 700ZA3 This is when all went wrong I have downloaded on usb stick w install hdd is displayed as clean and unallocated But when i push the install at the end the laptop loop on the boot and does nothing In fact on this laptop i've got a msata Go ssd The purpose of this one is for expresscache But during the w installation Windows create mbr on ssd and put data on the hdd It seems like this is the issue But i don't know how to use only the hdd to have all the differents partitions mbr etc PS i'm able to install ubuntu instead but it is not what i want with this laptop Does anyone have an idea for me to deal with this I hope my problem is clear If not don't hesitate to ask more info Thanks a lot in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/46881-w10-install-fails-samsung-700za3.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello HP Support. I have spent now 3 days trying to find the latest firmware for Samsung MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1 aka HP P/N: 742038-002 Samsung PM851 Model: MZ-7TE2560 Which is an OEM of the Samsung Evo 840The latest firmware would address the write slow issue.The current firmware on the SSD is: F/W: EXT09H0QWhat I need is the tool or the software to update the SSD to: F/W: EXT0DB6QAnd the Samsung Firmware update image and tool doens't detect the OEM drive.Scouring the donwload section of HP support doesn't show the firmware update tool. HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 HP P/N: 742038-002P/N MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1 Samsung PM851 2.5" 256GB SSDModel: MZ-7TE2560   

A:Samsung MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1 aka HP P/N: 742038-002 Samsung PM...

@StevenKhieu? To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Samsung-MZ7TE256HMHP-000H1-aka-HP-P-N-742038-002-Samsung/td-p/5712829
Relevancy 82.56%

I have both Linux and Windows Vista installed on my notebook. Today when I turned it on I accidentally chose "Samsung Recovery" instead of "Windows Vista" in GRUB. After Samsung Recovery has loaded, I quit it and the computer shut off. I turned it on again and now it doesn't make it to the GRUB, it shows the Samsung logo, then "boot from ahci cd-rom", and then it reboots and shows the samsung logo again. I can enter BIOS (F2), but can't enter Samsung Recovery (F4) anymore (after showing "please wait..." the computer reboots again). I tried setting the BIOS back to default but it didn't help. Any input would be much appreciated...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-r620-stuck-on-samsung-logo.1132150/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello, my first post here.

I am in deep trouble with my laptop Samsung RF511-SD3. I don't know why but it doesn't want to boot anymore. It freezes in the windows loading bar screen. I tried to start the system recovery using [F4] but then i'm presented with a message

"A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" and then everything happens again. I've accessed my HD thru SATA-USB adapter and all my data is there, but it seems that the SYSTEM partition (100MB) is empty.

Windows repair take hours to do simple tasks and in the end it doesn't work. I don't have Windows DVD because it's OEM.

I've tried to launch MiniTool Partition Wizard bootable CD, but it works until boot options screen, but after a while it simples reboot my laptop and ends in the CD boot options screen again.

Help? (yep bad english detected)

A:Boot fail - system repair doesn't work - Samsung RF511

Just took this picture. I tried once more to boot with Windows recovery CD and for the first time a partition showed up as option. In the other tries the list was blank.

But I'm going to bed now, just updating the situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367103-boot-fail-system-repair-doesnt-work-samsung-rf511.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I am really having problem in connecting any android phone to my HP ENVY 360. whenevr I connect it with my laptop. it starts charging my phone but doesnt recognise it as a device. I'm failed to transfer media and other stuff.  Please reply!!! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-ENVY-360-fails-to-connect-to-my-Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Edge/td-p/5699730
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello Friends.  I successfully installed a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD as a boot drive just fine.  However, it looks like the Windows 10 NVME driver is being used in place of the Samsung NVME driver.  I saw this post here where it says: "Windows is indicating it is using the NVMe driver for this drive." https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-750se-capable-of-M-2-NVMe-... However I do not know how to determine this myself.  I am using a utility called "AIDA64 Extreme" and it's telling me the driver provider for the 950 is Micrososft and the driver version is 10.0.14393.0.  So, how do I get the 950 to use the Samsung driver instead?  Thanks for any help. 

A:How to tell if Samsung 950 Pro is using Samsung NVME driver ...

Hi, From Samsung tool (Samsung Magician), it shows my machine uses Samsung firmware, no information about driver. It uses Microsoft driver. The tool allows use to check and update firmware but not driver. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-tell-if-Samsung-950-Pro-is-using-Samsung-NVME-driver/td-p/5814963
Relevancy 79.55%

I get above error; I've updated the intel rapid storage driver and asmedia sata controller driver.
My motherboard is an asus z97 deluxe. Help is appreciated; thx !

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/59239-samsung-magician-samsung-ssd-840-series.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Call 0800-014-8577 for Samsung Support in the UK, Our well expert technicians are here to help for our valuable Samsung customer, Samsung Printer customer Support, Samsung customer care, Samsung Printer Help desk Number.

A:Samsung Printer Help, Samsung Support

SPAM SCAM SPAM SCAM Samsung Printer Support is a Third Party Technical Service provider. Trying to take your money by misleading advertising. They are NOT genuine Samsung support.
FE notified

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/samsung-printer-help-samsung-support-4608325/
Relevancy 79.55%

I am buying a new monitor. Probably one of these two in title! Which monitor is better?
I need some suggestions...
thanks..

A:Samsung SM 2333SW vs Samsung P2250N

Samsung SM 2333SW

Bigger, nice specs. On the other one, I can't read the text.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/26838-samsung-sm-2333sw-vs-samsung-p2250n.html
Relevancy 79.55%

After installing Samsung Touch Supporter on my non-samsung PC,I get this:

"This Program only runs on a Samsung PC.
Program will terminate."

I try to use some of the software that came with the Samsung Series 7 PC.
I will not let me open the program.
I have an Archos 9 PC and would like to use it.

Can anyone make it so that I can install this software on any other PC?
Sometimes it's a simple edit,can anyone look in to this?

Software can be downloaded from the Samsung website here(it's under manuals & downloads/software):
Support - Tablet PCs XE700T1A | Samsung Tablet PCs

May you please attempt to fix Play Touch App (Software) (ver.1.0.0.33),Play Touch Luancher (Software) (ver.1.2.0.32), and Touch Supporter (Software) (ver.1.2.0.10)

Note: Play Touch Laucher says the same message as above,but still manages to open, Touch Supporter does not though

A:Samsung Series 7 software on non-Samsung PC.

That software is only licensed to use on the Samsung PC it came on, so I don't know why you would expect it to work on any other PC.

Samsung is also the most difficult model to get the OEM software to work after a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which is entirely legal and recommended for most users of preinstalled Windows to get the best Win7 performance.

But for Samsung it's especially important to back up the Recovery Image and make a secondary Win7 backup image so that if any features are missing after Clean Reinstall and the Samsung software won't work correctly, you can set it back to factory condition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/270725-samsung-series-7-software-non-samsung-pc.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I want know...  Which one ist faster?Which one is better?Which one has better drivers under windows 10?Which one runs cooler?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Samsung-NVME-SSD-OEM-PM961-or-Samsung-950-PRO/td-p/3386754
Relevancy 79.55%

I have two Samsung NVMe 950 Pro (MZVKV512) that came preinstalled in a Lenovo ThinkPad P50 running Windows 10 x64. The Samsung Magician (latest v4.9.6) software does not detect the drives as Samsung Brand SSDs and therefore OS Optimization is unavailable (the only option is to run a benchmark). Samsung Magician supports this SSD as I can see users in other forums using the software on their systems (not necessarily Lenovo). I have also installed the Samsung NVMe Controller driver and this is showing in Device Manager. There are no system updates available and UEFI BIOS is up to date (version from the 4th May). Any ideas?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/ThinkPad-P50-with-Samsung-NVMe-950-Pro-amp-Samsung-Magican/td-p/3325159
Relevancy 78.26%

I upgraded on Friday from windows 8.1 to windows 10 
Since then  it became very slow to start
the fan seems to be continuous - neither sleep nor shutdown buttons/clicks work - I have to switch the button off/on
each time it go to sleep

this is the image of the chat I had with Samsung today - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u2AsQfH8MaNGpScGlwQlA1SUk/view?usp=sharing 
!!!
I tried running SW update it didn't work and vanished - not possible to uninstall as now the directory path is different........

A:Samsung NP350V5C-A06UK user (Windows 8.1) upgrade to Windows 10 - see Samsung response to me!

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
Should you have any questions please ask us.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System
Files

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c71106c9-bc89-4770-97d2-a840938b62cc/samsung-np350v5ca06uk-user-windows-81-upgrade-to-windows-10-see-samsung-response-to-me?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,

I really need you guys to help me on this.... i just bought Samsung jet and have installed Samsung New PC studio into my laptop. But i cannot run this program as it keep on appeared:

New PC Studio has stopped working.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: NewPCStudio.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 49e6d9a5
Fault Module Name: Secur32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18051
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a366084
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000021dc
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 17417
Additional Information 1: c060
Additional Information 2: 6257e35ffaf5fb500d9790030367de3e
Additional Information 3: b562
Additional Information 4: 21e35a6d0bc52ba6a38b0e481fab5ce7

Any idea on how to solve this problem?? many thanks in advance....

A:Samsung jet - Samsung new pc studio

shawncss

First we need you to go to c:\windows\minidump which is where the BSOD dump file is located. zip the most recent dump file (*.dmp) and upload it to us. If you need help uploading let us know
Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/243935-samsung-jet-samsung-new-pc-studio.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Keep seeing secondary drive disappear under heavy IO operations.  This has happened across multiple machines.  Have attempted all firmware and BIOS updates available.  
Anybody else seeing this with their T7910's and have you used any other drive models in these workstations.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991238
Relevancy 64.93%

My Samsung series laptop has been sending out popup messages telling me I need a bios update I go to the Samsung software update site and this bios update has been software Bios Samsung update bios,update for fails failing I have made several calls and chats to techs at Samsung who tell me to do what I have already done they tell to ask for tier tech who can go in my computer and fix Samsung Bios software update for bios,update fails it When I finally got a tier tech they told me the same thing I told him what I had been told about him and what he could do He said is it working I said yes but settings on computer change on their own like wifi turns itself on and that concerns me Anyway Samsung Bios software update for bios,update fails He said that it didn t need a bios update even the Samsung website said this computer needed a bios update I posted this on hardware firmware concerns and they told me to post here I was going to go to a site that had a download that checked drivers I was told to stay away from this Thanks Jim

A:Samsung Bios software update for bios,update fails

Are you getting a direct link from the notification update? Can you post the link/site next time?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477131/samsung-bios-software-update-for-biosupdate-fails/
Relevancy 61.06%

good afternoon all First time poster so plz bear with me - as seen in my specs I have a Win WD HD 7 to Fails clone new GB system drive that I wanted to upgrade to a WD EZEX - my Win 7 clone to new WD HD Fails Dell Studio only has options for ATA and RAID in BIOS Currently running in ATA mode - tried an Acronis clone onto the new drive seemed to work until I booted into Win the first time and after loading a driver for the new hard disk asked for a reboot and then failed with a BSOD b - tried a C Drive only image from oroiginal and restore to new WD with same results - Verified that new WD drive shows up in BIOS correctly and Win 7 clone to new WD HD Fails is prioritized correctly - tried Startup Repair FIXMbr Fixboot and BCDedit to no avail - Tried adding the WD drive as the extended drive alongside the GB I made one large logical partition out of it and it seemed to work fine except that I got Yellow Exclamations in device manager I pointed the error to the driver store and it picked up the quot Generic Volume quot driver and seemed to fix itself I thought I had it - I reconfigured but This time I cloned the - gt new WD with the WD Acronis tool - When it entered windows for the first time it recognized and added the driver for the new WD drive BEFORE I rebooted the machine I went to device manager and saw the exclamation points and again pointed the error to pick up the Generic Volume Driver which it did and seemed to fix - I did the required reboot and once again slammed by the BSOD b sigh - BTW I did all the same on a second NEW WD EZEX bought and all above happened identically For some reason whatever Win does to the drive when it recognizes it in the Windows environment screws it up at the next boot Hopefully you guys can help me out thx bama

A:Win 7 clone to new WD HD Fails

Did you tell the Acronis cloning app to include Track0 and mark the Win7 partition (or 100mb System Reserved if you had that) Active?

To repair a clone or image that won't boot, unplug all other HD's including the source, Mark Partition Active the 100mb System Reserved (preferred if you have it) or C partition then run Startup Repair - Run up to 3 Separate Times.

If these fail I would unplug all other HD's and Clean Install Windows 7 to the target HD using the latest official installer from Windows 7 Direct Download Links

Drivers are never needed to be supplied for modern HD's. If an installer or Repair CD prompts for one it usually means the installation/repair media is bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/315381-win-7-clone-new-wd-hd-fails.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all I need some help My wife's laptop's HDD is failing I have purchased a new one and tried to clone it and the clone fails clone Failing fails HDD, to boot HP dv - us -Current HDD WD Scorpio Black gb factory -New SSHD Seagate EJ - -Windows x factory installl -backup is corrupt So here is what I have done -Cloned old drive w macrium reflect to new drive in my PC Failing HDD, clone fails Clone was quot successful quot -Installed quot cloned quot drive into laptop would not boot -tried to rebuild MBR no go -tried startup repair times no Failing HDD, clone fails go -bought and sata data transfer cable cloned directly from laptop with EZ Gig clone was not successful i believe there were more than k read errors and a little over write errors -sfc scannow no errors -chkdsk runs on current but doesn't seem to find any problems So here's a few questions -I am sure I will have to reinstall with the factory restore partition if it's still good Problem I will have to see if I can find a copy of the key as the sticker has worn over time and is not legible If I do have to do this what is the best course of action as to not lose all of the files on the current failing HDD -If the restore partition is no longer good can I use my Windows x disc OEM from my desktop to install and download all of the drivers from HP Thank you in advance for your help P S To all my old friends I have missed you RL has been hectic and has not lent any time for the forums To those who don't know me I am James nice to meet you

A:Failing HDD, clone fails

James, if you can download Belarc, you can find your windows COA key. You can use any disk of the same version to reinstall. I would download the drivers first, but this may be of help to you. Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

You should be able to copy your user files to an external hard drive if the drive is still readable. C:/users is the location of the user files. If it isn't bootable but still readable, you can do it from an external enclosure or Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293659-failing-hdd-clone-fails.html
Relevancy 59.34%

needing advice for hooking up my monitor (samsung syncmaster t190) and a trendnet tk-207k 2-port usb kvm switch.
i want to use a dvi connection from my master pc, but the kvm switch only excepts a d-sub connector.
can i connect the monitor using a dvi cord to the master pc
and also run the d-sub cord from the same monitor to the kvm switch?

the present setup is: d-sub cord from monitor to kvm, then a d-sub cord from the kvm switch (stock cords) to both the master pc and the slave.

I don't care about display quality on the slave pc, but would like the best display possible when using the master pc.
thanks
N2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-and-samsung.117603/
Relevancy 59.34%

Maybe you guys have an idea. We have a Samsung sd-612 dvd/cd-rom in our Computer and are just able to use it as cd-rom but not dvd. OS is Win98.
We tried updating the firmware, but everytime we ran it it picked up our ricoh rewritable drive instead and not the dvd. We removed/uninstalled the RW/R and now if we run the update for the dvd it tells us that it can't find the drive. How can we update the driver from cd-rom to dvd? How can we update the firmware?
The sd-612 shows up in the System Device Manager as working.
We tried updating the firmware in dos and in windows, both give the same error. Can't find drive.

Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys im having troubles with my new CD-RW, i believe its an old model now, Im running Windows XP, but i need some help.

I brought it off some guy and he didn't give me the hardware to install it, so when i have connected it and turned my computer back on it doesen't come up in my computer???

DO i need the hardware and if i do would anybody know were i can get it from

Relevancy 59.34%

i was wondering if there is anything special about samsung RAM? one of my friends was purchasing sum RAM from our local computer shop and like they stock corsair and crucial and stuff but they recomended the samsung over them. wats with that? isnt like corsair meant to be the best?????

A:Samsung RAM!

I wouldn't go with anything they recommended. I never trust the sales people. It's probably being discontinued or something crazy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-ram.53359/
Relevancy 59.34%

Woke up today with articles on AnandTech and Tom's Hardware about the Samsung 840 Pro SSD.........check it out.

AnandTech - Samsung SSD 840 Pro (256GB) Review

A:Samsung 840 Pro SSD!

That looks to be one awesome SSD there!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/254724-samsung-840-pro-ssd.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello!
I bought a new MP3 Samsung YP-T9JAB. When I connect the MP3 in my PC (Windows XP home edition) I get an error message "MTP device works not properly"
I cannot see the MP3 in the explorer and I have tryed to reinstall the driver manually (I have uninstalled it first), also in different USB port, I have reset the PC.
I know that MTP is Media Transfer Protocol but nothing more...
Some advice or tips ??

Regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-mp3.602484/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello to all,

Can you please help me or point me in the right direction, My laptop has just had a fit and nothing works now all I have on my screen is a load of black and white flashing squares just like a checkerd flag. Please help I am in deep trouble if it is broken

Relevancy 59.34%

Today NewEgg has a New Years Day sale and I noticed they have a Samsung 840 Pro Series 128 Gb SATA III SSD for $130 US. Is this a good buy, as far as SSDs are concerned? I would use it to run my Windows 7 installation. Thanks for any input.

A:New Samsung SSD

Getting any kind of SSD is a good buy! You will notice the performance right away.

I use my SSD for my Windows 7 Ultimate install and drivers, then install all games and software on a 1TB Western Digital drive.

This keeps your SSD clean and swift and gives you lots of room

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271747-new-samsung-ssd.html
Relevancy 59.34%

i have a samsung mp3 player

i have three computers, on one of the computers the mp3 is not detected.

on my other computers it is detected without any problem

they are all windows xp.

how can i fix this problem?

thanks in advanced.

A:Samsung 1gb MP3

make sure there are no conflicts in device manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-1gb-mp3.505836/
Relevancy 59.34%

Anyone ever bought one ??

Comparing performance to Samsung 850 Pro SSD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=Property&N=100008120%2050001077%20600038510%20600038519%20600038506&IsNod eId=1&bop=And&CompareItemList=-1|9SIA4P03H20193^9SIA4P03H20193%2C20-147-361^20-147-361&percm=20-147-361%3A%24%24%24%24%24%24%24

A:Samsung 950 Pro M.2

I have two of the 512 gb versions on the way to play around with. Going to put them in new build with the Asrock Z170 extreme7+ mobo.
Several people running them already though.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/29283-samsung-950-pro-m-2-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

ALso like to double check my pc updates so could anybody confirm that this ram

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SAMSUNG-1...ryZ74942QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

will work in this motherboard

Asus P5GD1-VM Intel 915G Skt 775 800FSB SATA M/board

Furthermore I can get 2 gb of this Samsung ram for Ģ75, seems very very cheap. I want it for gaming, is it worth it?

Cheers for help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-ram.494976/
Relevancy 59.34%

Can anyone help me? I need to know if the Samsung V25 has an infrared port, and if so where? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-samsung-v25.402553/
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently recieved my dell inspirion 5150 back from dell. They did some work on the mother board. Everything was fine until I tried to play a dvd and nothing happened. What gives? Cd's still play fine, just not dvd's. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-324-f.335855/
Relevancy 59.34%

While putting together a future PC build on Newegg, I found a better motherboard choice seen here. Which as you can tell supports M.2 instead of just a 2.5 SSD. So now I'm trying to decide between the Samsung 850 Pro & the 950 Pro M.2 SSDs for my OS.

1: How much faster would startup & shutdowns of Win 7 or even 10 be on this M.2 V.S traditional 2.5"?

2: How much faster could MSE perform a full scan of lets say 100GB files from an M.2 V.S 2.5"?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129853-samsung-850-pro-vs-950-pro-m-2-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Have been looking for a new SSD for a 10 install and my local supplier have the 850 Pro and the 750 Pro (250GB's) available at $125 & $115 respectively. Now I am wondering what the actual difference is because the read / write specs are virtually identical and I cannot find anything that makes sense to me that would make one buy the 750 over the 850..
So has anyone has any experience with the 750 - it is partly that the price is cheaper but not overly important .
I have mostly 850's and a couple of 950 Pro's installed in different machines and I do notice a difference between those two.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397218-samsung-850-pro-v-750-pro.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm trying up replace a HDD with an SSD. I downloaded Samsung Data Migration, connected the SSD using the correct USB cable, started the program to clone/migrate and all that shows is the Source (the HDD in the PC) but the Target (being the SSD) is greyed out so I cannot complete the migration. What am I missing? When checking Device Manager, the SSD shows as a Mass Storage Device, but that's the only place it shows up. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-evo-850-ssd-cannot-be-seen-os-w10.1155626/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, i have a Samsung R519 laptop, windows 7 home premium. Yesterday it was playing up, nothing would load and i kept getting that little blue circle all the time. today i turned it on and i got the menu start windows normally or start windows repair (recommended) i have tried both these and it reloads but just goes back to the same screen. I have tried the samsung recovery solution 4 to restore it, but all it keeps saying is please wait.... so that is not loading either. i do not have a disc that i can load into it either. Do i just leave it and wait and see if it loads or what else can i do?

A:Please help me with my samsung

While you are letting it go, you could download a plain vanilla disc for your version and platform, in case you need to do a clean install.

In fact, most of us do this from the start with OEM systems.

Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River ? My Digital Life

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/242851-please-help-me-my-samsung.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have the above DVD drive. I put a cd I have been using to write data to in it. After that...it stopped working. The drive door wouldn't open so I had to use a pin to manually eject it. System sees it and says there are no problems. The weird thng is, in "My computer" if I go to the properties of the drive, it thinks there is a blank cd in it w/688 mb free. There is no cd in the drive. It almost acts like there is no power to the unit, during the boot sequence my cdrw drive comes up but this one does not. I checked the firmware of the dvd and it says "boot". Anyone have ideas?

Relevancy 59.34%

Running windows vista basic.I have installed samsung SH-S182M super-writemaster DVD-Ram.Vista not recognizing,is vista compatible or wrong drive.
Please help

A:samsung dvd-ram

I would check the manufacutrers website to see if it requires a driver for vista. Can you see the DVD drive in bootup? Is it visiable in device manager? If you can see it in bootup and visable in device manager this might be a drive letter issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-dvd-ram.670508/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all, looking through this forum I am sure someone can help me! I have a Samsung VP-D55 - yeah i know, it is an old model. I also have a mountain of those little tapes that I want to digitise. I run a Mac Leopard OS X. I have rummaged through my box of miscellaneous wires under the desk (come on everyone has one dont they?), and lo and behold I have found a lead that fits the camera and seems to have a firewire port on the other end - which fits the one in the back of my Mac. BUT the mac doesnt want to play. Has anyone got any suggestions that may help me? Many thanks if you do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-vp-d55.786968/
Relevancy 59.34%

i have a problem with my yp-t9.
it was working perfectly fine until today when i tried turning it on and it didn't turn on at all.
no low battery message, no error message, nothing. blank screen.
i tried pluging it to my computer but NOTHING.
help?

A:samsung yp-t9

Contact Samsung:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faqs/supportFaqList.do?group=mp3audiovideo&type=mp3players&subtype=flashmemory&model_nm=YP-T9JAB/XAA&dType=D&mType=UM&vType=R

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-yp-t9.82898/
Relevancy 59.34%

I cant install my samsung pc 3 studio for my mobile phone. Help pls

A:samsung pc 3

Its showing my phone is connected but all the icons are in black and white

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/132675-samsung-pc-3-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I made a boo boo. I purchased a new Samsung 840 EVO SSD to replace the mechanical drive in my Windows laptop I just found out that I apparently have the older style eSATA drive and the new drive does not have power connection.

I also have a Apple MacBook 2008 all aluminum model which has a mechanical drive. Does anyone know if the 840 EVO drive might possibly work in it?

Thanks for any info.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-evo-ssd.200854/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I am have problems getting my Samsung VP-D55 camcorder to work with windows vista via firewire. The camcorder is just not being picked up could it be that I have a 4 pin firewire on my laptop. its getting me down
Can anyone help me please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-vp-d55.709389/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a tab 2..I want to be able to watch films and tv etc from my tablet onto my tv, I have a hdmi cable but I need an adapter which I am having trouble nfinding, as reviews say it doesnt work on a tab 2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-tab-10-1.201280/
Relevancy 59.34%

My Samgsung V25 plays videos very slowly and jerkily. Also, it frequently freezes and then loses the sound device on reboot. Often, I must reboot a few times before it picks up the sound device again. Any ideas? Many thanks.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 758 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 28607 MB, Free - 17715 MB;
Motherboard: SAMSUNG Electronics, SENS V25, 02FE , 012345678901234567
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 59.34%

Samsung gets a lot of love for its solid-state drives which pack super-fast storage into 950 SSD Samsung's Pro small packages thanks to the company s V-NAND technology but its new drives crank things to On Tuesday Samsung announced Pro M SSDs that marry V-NAND density Samsung's 950 Pro SSD with blazing fast NVMe speeds delivered over a PCIe x interface Translation It's really small and really fast The new SSD-on-a-stick features -layer V-NAND and will come in GB and GB options priced at and respectively The Pro will be available in October but you might want to wait a few months before opening your wallet In early Samsung plans to introduce a jaw-dropping TB Samsung's 950 Pro SSD Pro that will use the company s recently announced -layer Samsung's 950 Pro SSD V-NAND according to PC Perspective Basically more V-NAND layers means denser storage capacity which is why Samsung will be able to pack more storage into such a small package The Pro features the Non-Volatile Memory express NVMe protocol which Samsung says will translate into improved performance for laptops and workstations as well as better battery life for clamshells If you want a slightly longer explanation of NVMe check-out our recent performance showdown between M drives on the market today Source

A:Samsung's 950 Pro SSD

Want NEED!!!
(I edit HD video, so I can use every ounce of speed I can get)

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/23677-samsungs-950-pro-ssd.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am trying to clone my HD onto a newly purchased Samsung850 Pro SSD. I installed the Magician SW, then attached the SSD with a USB To SATA connector and the SW doesn't recognize the SSD. I have a 32G San Disk "Ready Cache" SSD with Condusive Express Cache SW and have uninstalled that SW but the Ready Cache SSD is still in the system which I will remove when I open it up. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-ssd.1165184/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have Samsung DVD in my computer. It can read all the music and movies DVDs and Cds, but it can't read software and game DVDs. Hence it hangs my computer. What should I do?
Edit/Delete Message

A:Samsung DVD

See if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-dvd.147842/
Relevancy 59.34%

I've looked around with no luck trying to find the software so I can watch dvd's on my dvd rom. I don't have the disk or anything so anybody know where . Amazingly , there are people here who can find anything anywhere and it truely fascinates me!

A:Samsung DVD Rom

Try here for a free trial of power dvd:-

http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/download/dl_file_new.jsp?dl_id=1&ProdId=28

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-dvd-rom.250447/
Relevancy 58.48%

i just bought a samsung evo 850 120 gig ssd and was wondering if there is anything that might be done to increase read / write speed of the drive. images below indicate my current speeds.

A:Samsung EVO 850 Performance

Does your PC support SATA III (6 Gb/s)? Your speed is about the speed I get with SATA II (3 Gb/s). I have a Samsung 850 EVO 250 Gig.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63522-samsung-evo-850-performance.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I read the manual for my new SSD, it says I need a usb to Sata adapter cabel, in order to install the software.
But the cable did't came with that ssd, and the cable is really expensive. My computer regonize the ssd through the sata cable inside the pc case. Do I really need this cable?

Have googled a while, and everyone says different things.

Anyone here, who is sure if I need this cable or not?

/Hampus

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I have ordered this monitor just today As soon as I can I am going to give feedback if anyone is interested Until then I would like to Samsung PX2370 hear your opinion about the PX positive The screen has an anti-reflective coating The black frame around the screen is very slim The depth of the panel is only mm The buttons are all located at the back The menu is very user friendly The on off Samsung PX2370 switch is located Samsung PX2370 at the middle The aspect ratio with the resolution x is spot on inch seems to be just right for me The picture quality is been said to be outstanding negative Frame back and stand are high glossy The on off switch is touch sensitive and not a proper switch Screens with LED backlight tend to bleed with bright coulds Warranty is only months instead of months The screen can only be tilt - nothing else The stand is not very safe display type LED aspect ratio panel TN size cm Zoll contrast brightness cd m response time ms resolution x dot pitch mm Angel horizontal vertikal power consumption Watt color black high gloss size B x H x T mm software Multiscreen Software weight kg warranty years Reviews digitalversus Amazon com

A:Samsung PX2370

yeah I'm really not liking the stand it really looks like something I'd break.
I'm fairly happy with my asus 24 inch monitor, it was cheap and it's 24 inch.
Picture is not quite as good as the LED tv in the main room, but the tv also cost more than 15x's the amount.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/156281-samsung-px2370.html
Relevancy 58.48%

HI, My friend has a dell dimension 3100 of which the cdrw/dvd wasn't reading anything and she was told the optical drive was broke, she bought a new one which I have installed but the same problem. It shows in my computer that there's a cd in the drive but when I double click it it shows up blank as it did before. I find it hard to believe that the optical drve is broke in this one too, so what could be the problem. Yours hopefully ps: I reformatted this computer and put on windows xp pro, everything worked fine for 3weeks but then she rang to say she had deleted windows folders so I went to reinstall them and found the cd drive wasn't reading any discs so couldn't reinstall windows. The drivers are installed but nothings happening.

A:samsung TS-H492C

You do not need the CD drive working in Windows to reinstall Windows. You can boot from the Windows CD before Windows ever loads and do it that way.

See here for a Windows guides:
Clean install: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
Repair install: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Not sure how she could have deleted the Windows folder, Windows wouldn't work at all without one but I guess she could have deleted some files or folders within it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-ts-h492c.801301/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have tried read will SD-612 Samsung DVD-ROM not various different dvd player softwares power DVD cliprex DS dvd to no avail I am trying to just get it to Samsung DVD-ROM SD-612 will not read watch play some dvd s but it is being mean to me It either says enter dvd or no disk in drive selected other then that as Samsung DVD-ROM SD-612 will not read a cd rom it works just fine This might be a software issue I am not sure Here is my system which I recently formatted and did a fresh install of Win K Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack Computer Name BRIAN User Name Brian Logon Domain BRIAN Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium IIIE MHz x Motherboard Name Intel Easton D EEA PCI AGP DIMM Audio Video Motherboard Chipset Intel Solano i E System Memory MB PC SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MX MX MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce MX MX Monitor Optiquest Q - G Multimedia Audio Adapter Creative Labs SB PCI Ensoniq ES Sound Card Storage Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive QUANTUM FIREBALLlct GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive LG CD-RW CED- B x x x CD-RW Optical Drive SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD- x x DVD-ROM Partitions C FAT MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse Microsoft PS Mouse Network Network Adapter WAN PPP SLIP Interface Modem U S Robotics V Fax PCI Peripherals Printer Fax Printer HP DeskJet C also when I am online I keep getting this Program Error Message svchost exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows You will need to restart the program an error log is being created thanks in advance for any replies nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-dvd-rom-sd-612-will-not-read.260947/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a 30" monitor, Samsung 305t and I seem to be a having a problem with white areas turning pink, but not all of them just some of them on my yahoo account login page the surronding area is pink, but the field were I put my yahoo ID and password aren't
any help would be appreciated.

A:samsung 305t

The first thing that comes to mind is the graphics card
Go to search
type device manager
Look for any yellow warning markers
Make sure that your graphics driver is up to date.

You can also adjust the color intensity of your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/121183-samsung-305t.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I bought this harddrive Newegg.com - SAMSUNG EcoGreen F2 HD103SI 1TB 5400 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

And it doesnt show up in my computer, but it shows up in the device manager

Halp.

A:samsung harddrive

Go to disk management and see if it has a drive letter.
If not, add it with a drive letter (Change Drive Letter and Paths...).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/147749-samsung-harddrive.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi

I want to buy a new stick of RAM (512meg PC3200 DDR400)

Well my problem is that i was going to buy CRUCIAL RAM
But i discovered in my motherboard manual that there is a list of makes to use (and crucial aint there)
It also says that using any other ram than the makes Tested , it could damage my mobo

So it looks like i have to buy KINGSTON or SAMSUNG

So which is the better RAM ...........Kingston or Samsung

thanks for help

A:Kingston or Samsung ?

hi and welcome to Techspot

The best ram alot of people say is Kingston, its the most expencive but i have heard it works good so go for that, and where are you shoping for it. and if u dont mind how much are you paying for it if its over 70 its to much. and is it Dule chanel

swker98

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kingston-or-samsung.23521/
Relevancy 58.48%

hi all my son has been having problems with his Samsung V C lap top ie re starting and frezzing he has restored it via Samsung recovery which improved things i said it would be better to upgrade to windows and then do a clean install via a iso file so things are all clean i have done this recently with my lap 355V5C top Samsung own Samsung 355V5C lap top computer with out any problems One thing i have noticed that his ram seems to be dropping is he has gig and windows says only is usable he is running a bit windows so i cant see why this would be like this is this a RAM Hardwere problem any how we tried the windows upgrade all was going fine until it got to then died then it reverted back to windows error xc - x c what does this mean After this i formatted his hard drive and installed windows pro bit the ram still says only something is usable plus it now needs all of the drivers to be installed manually looking on Samsung wed site it wasnt clear where to download them from so if someone could send me a link i would be gratfull thanks j nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-355v5c-lap-top.1166621/
Relevancy 58.48%

I just noticed the patch on the samsung site for the HD103SJ when used with SB850 chipset.

http://www.samsung.com/global/busine...bbs_msg_id=308

Does anyone know what problems occur that will tell me that I need the update?

Thanks

A:Samsung HD103SJ

Have a look here, they are discussing the problem.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Samsung Spinpoint F3 issue

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/122771-samsung-hd103sj.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Purchased a Samsung cd/rw SW-248 drive, after installing the hardware the drive was recognized by Windows XP Professional. Unfortunately, every time that I insert an audio cd or data cd, the drive will not read it whatsoever. Any suggestions? This is a brand new drive originally set as the slave drive, with the master being a 40x cd rom drive. I thought that it may have been a problem with jumpers so I set both of the drives to cable select. The 40x drive still works but the samsung cd/rw still doesn't read anything. I thought that it may be the IDE cable also but had a hp cd rw installed previously on it and it worked properly. Any suggestions about my new samsung cd/rw-248 drive would be appreciated. Thanks ~Jay Risk~

A:Samsung cd/rw SW-248 Problems

I definately feel your pain. I have the SM-308 drive in a HP Pavillion 2950 running WinME and am having the exact same problem. I'm sorry I don't have an answer yet. I tried updating the drive's firmware and still no luck. We will see.

Try http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;189526

also try http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;151634
Upon further research, it seems alot of folks are having this problem with various Samsung Drives. Hey Samsung what do you have to say about this...lol.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-cd-rw-sw-248-problems.125682/
Relevancy 58.48%

I've been looking at some of the features in Samsung Magician, and ran the Benchmark test twice. Both times I got very high scores, above the max listed in the program for all 4 tests. I have the drive set to MAXIMUM RELIABILITY. Just wondering about the scores reliability.

Scores in Parentheses are Samsung 's listed maximum high:

Sequential Read
549 mb (540)
Seq write
532mb (520)
Random read
97442 (97000)
Random write
70189 (66000)

A:Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250gb

Benchmarks are artificial at best [and a benchmark from the mfg is tailored to that particular piece of hardware] I would think you would get different results using a another benchmark program such as ATTO.

In short do not put too much emphasis on any given benchmark. Modern ssd drives are reliable and it should last for quite a while so I would not worry about the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-ssd-840-evo-250gb.1136523/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey all. Im looking for replace my Headphone Jack for my Samsung NP305E7A Laptop. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement online. I looked around google but couldn't find any information for it. I already had to replace the DC power jack once Its just to the point where my sound on headphones doesn't work unless i jiggle around the plug and get it in a perfect postion.

A:Samsung NP305E7A

First I would check if the headphone socket is loose because of damaged solder connection(s) to the circuit board Or is the problem inside the socket itself.

Then either re-solder the original socket or look for a new one. If you need a new one I would try Ebay and search for a socket that looks the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-np305e7a.1125197/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Guys,

Just bought a new Samsung 840 evo 250gb SSD. Burned off a new copy of 8.1 from the MS VLSC site and thought I would install it. No such luck.

My current equipment:
Z77X-UD3H gigabyte board
i5 2400
120gb mushkin SSD
12gb ram
Plus other HDDs etc

Now I installed win 8 a while back on this mushkin SSD without issue and upgraded to 8.1

The error I get is http://joeyfoo.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/win8drivererror.jpg that when I boot from the DVD with 8.1 on and go to install.

I have:
Checked SATA settings in BIOS
Formatted the new SSD every which way
Put all motherboard drivers, (extracted and zipped) onto a few externals to pickup during install
Tried to find samsung ssd drivers.
re-burned the 8.1 disk and even tried a win8

All with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
James

A:8.1 won't install Samsung SSD

Oh my specs in the proper format:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 12248 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 113943 MB, Free - 18786 MB; E: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 158790 MB; T: Total - 237944 MB, Free - 237523 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z77X-UD3H
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/8-1-wont-install-samsung-ssd.1127443/
Relevancy 58.48%

Don't know where to put this but does anyone know if the SAMSUNG JACK i637 is compatible with windows 7? I can't seem to find anything confirming it.

thanks
sharkman

A:Samsung Jack

What do you mean by "compatible"..

Like, can you plug the phone in and transfer files? I don't see why not, its a Windows mobile phone after all

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/103852-samsung-jack.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I want to purchase a Samsung DVD burner from newegg..most reviews on the site from the past week mention that software is included, some say there is none included. I called and they claim that no software is included with OEM drives. I dont know what to believe. I dont want to buy this and have to spend $60+ on software. Whats the deal?

A:OEM Samsung software?

Buy it. Good drive. Use free software, or buy Nero or CD Creator or Roxio at www.clickcooldeals.com or wwwdirectdeals.com. Often as cheap as $5.00 to $12.
You might want to download the firmware and software updates afterward.

Edit: no, we do not encourage software piracy -- Nodsu

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/oem-samsung-software.66194/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a question about encryption.  If i have encryption set up on my drive through bios and for some reason laptop quits working do i lose access to all data?  Can the drive be plugged into another laptop and as long as i know the password to the drive can i regain access? tia

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/w510-with-samsung-850-pro/td-p/3323398
Relevancy 58.48%

SO today I went to frys and got one of them LIGHTSCRIBE dvd burners( samsung SH-S182) I uninstalled my old sony dru 510A, and installed the new burner, but when i turn on the computer , windows doesnt even see it , during boot if i try o open it , it opens, but when windows loads, it wont open half of the time. Sometimes it opens ,but sometimes not.

PLZ HELp THX.

A:Samsung Dvd Burner

Well

Did you change the jumper on the back accordingly to your master/slave needs ? Set it to master if it is the only drive or the first drive on the IDE cable or Slave if it is the second drive on the IDE cable.

Double check the power connection to the unit. Make sure it is firmly connected.

Since it isnt opening and closing wich it should do reguardless I would say it is a faulty unit. Just take it back and get a new one if the above info dont cure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-dvd-burner.67292/
Relevancy 58.48%

I just installed a Samsung which is a in widescreen lcd I am running win xp and i only have properties adaptor and then either quot list all modes quot or quot properties quot Either way i can t see any place to change the resolution to its native resolution of x In quot list all modes quot it shows many different resolutions all the way up to but not So can anyone help me with this please My level of skill is pretty good in general but I help 940 Samsung Need w monitor know very little about video stuff as i am not a gamer and often have relied on the video built into the mobo I am running win xp pro sp w a gig of ddr ram version Need help w Samsung 940 monitor of power strip mb version of nvidia geforce mx in pci format The power strip is registered but i dont know what to do there or how to force x so can anyone Need help w Samsung 940 monitor help me with this I dont care if the help comes thru windows or thru power strip I would just like to get this resolved Thank you nbsp

A:Need help w Samsung 940 monitor

try going to the properties and under the settings tab there should be a screen resolution setting bar that you can slide through the resolutions, are the current drivers installed for the monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-w-samsung-940-monitor.69862/
Relevancy 58.48%

After reading Samsung's literature and watching two video clips with 'Ted The Expert' on how simple this SSD is to instal, I was convinced that this drive was for me so I bought one.

Order of events: I cloned the data from the Hard Drive to the SSD using their Migration Software. All seemed to be well. Then after turning the computer off, disconnecting the WD hard drive and installing the Samsung SSD, it got as far as trying to instal Windows 7, then a black screen came up and that was the end of that!

Windows 7/Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 mobo.

I have followed their instructions to the letter.

Any ideas please?

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all I'm having a problem that may be related to my TV and not the video card but I wanted to see if anyone else Nvidia and GT TV 430 LCD Samsung has experienced a similar situation I have a PC with Win x Nvidia GT 430 and Samsung LCD TV hooked up to my Samsung LCD TV with a DVI to HDMI cable I cannot seem to get the TV to think there is a signal coming from the PC when I switch through the inputs It sits there for a moment or two and then moves on to the next input If I go to the HDMI input there my cable box is connected Nvidia GT 430 and Samsung LCD TV and then swap the cables it works just fine It also works if I start with the cable box in the PC input and then swap to the PC so it's not a bad input on the TV However after being able to see the PC input on the TV if I switch away from that input I can't get back to it without performing the quot trick quot Any suggestions Would using a straight HDMI cable work better

A:Nvidia GT 430 and Samsung LCD TV

I think a HDMI to HDMI is your best bet. It makes sense to start and end with the same connector.

Which I think you have about come to this conclusion yourself.

Since you didn't post a Model # of TV this picture is just for reference.
This one would be DVI to DVI if using that option.

I would check here and get the manual.
Samsung#

Actually it should work DVI to HDMI on some Samsung TV's anyway. Top hook up in picture.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/132860-nvidia-gt-430-samsung-lcd-tv.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have had xp pro on a wd for over years now and lately that old wd has been having issues I have upgraded my computer so many times over the last years that I don t think that VelocaRaptor SSD or Samsung mircosoft licencing will allow me to make a disk image and install a new hd so before I can no loner buy xp pro I want to buy a new clean copy of xp pro sp and a new hard drive besides my hd issues I like my system and don t forsee the need for a compltete overhaul for the foreseeable future AMD dual core windsor gb VelocaRaptor or Samsung SSD ram Asus MSi delue MoBo EVGA gts vid x samsung gb x maxtor gb So I this system does everything I need and very quickly I want a new hd that will last until a new operating system comes out after vista and get the bugs out I figure at least year forget about money I can see that SSD is the way of the future but is it still the future Do you feel I would be better off with a gb velocaraptor or should I go for it with the gb samsung SSD Also I am confused hard drives are rated by rpms and SSD s by mb s what is a fair comparison in speed between the two Its always scary getting new technology before it is perfected and comes down in price I also don t like being part of the learning curve what would you do in my shoes Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/velocaraptor-or-samsung-ssd.741851/
Relevancy 58.48%

I bought a Samsung YP-U3 mp3 player the other day. it came with no driver what so ever and it is not recognised by my computer. when i go to control panel> Add/Remove Hardware [ it comes up on the list and when i double click it, it says its is working normally.

could someone give mem adequate information for my complication?

A:Solved: Samsung YP-U3

you need to goto Samsung's website and find there download page and enter your exact model number of the mp3 player (there are quite a few that start with YP-U3 so you will need to figure out its exact model number) and enter the number in the search box and click ok, once it brings you to the page for your model look for a tab that says software and click it then download the program samsung media studio and install it which should install the appropriate drivers for your mp3 player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-samsung-yp-u3.735249/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,

I have a 47 flat screen TV from Samsung, today all of a sudden it will not turn on, in fact there is a click that keeps going on but the screen is totally black. Even after I unplug the cable from the TV (The outlet is behind the TV Stand so I cannot disconnect that) the click still goes on for another 30 seconds.
Can anyone help me solve this issue?

A:TV Samsung, It won't start

The only solution I've ever had success with is to unplug the HDTV itself for a couple minutes and then plug it back in...it resets something and it works again. However, I never hear clicks, that sounds like something has malfunctioned and may need service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-samsung-it-wont-start.1034441/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello Everybody i just installed the latest build of Windows build and there are a few problems with my graphics options There are systems that i tried this on and both are having the same problem The first setup has a Ati Radeon X by MSI and the drivers install signed by WDDM Now the monitor tv that i am using is a inch LCD TV and has the x resolution that is its native resolution Windows supports the resolution and has it as the recommended resolution however when i select it my monitor says quot mode not supported quot this is the same problem i have with the HD cards Samsung and LCD ATI XT card from ATI Both of these cards work in Vista Ultimate ATI cards and Samsung LCD Vista Home Premium Vista Business and XP Pro SP and XP Home SP and even tried Server and server all of those ATI cards and Samsung LCD OS's work with the native resolution on the monitor except the Windows builds anyone have an idea why this would be also for the HD XT i did install the latest ati driver - and nothing is fixed right now i am running ATI cards and Samsung LCD it at x but its skewed if anyone has any info on this it would be great as i have tried everything i have also tried installing the - drivers on both cards manually and using the installs the manual way was to unzip the driver package and in device manager install the drivers myself The one system i have plugged into it now is a Shuttle Barebone SG G B GB of ddr ram quad core q ghz and the hd xt Thanks

A:ATI cards and Samsung LCD

I have same problem with ATI card and Windows 7 RC. My TV says mode not supported before Windows 7 RC installation completes. When I switch to 19" computer monitor resolution of the screen is correct 1920x1080 however refresh rate shows 61!!!! I think this is what my tv doesn't like and refuses to display the picture. I used my computer in current configuration with Win XP Pro, Vista and Windows 7 Beta with no problems. There must be a bug in RC that's causing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/8664-ati-cards-samsung-lcd.html
Relevancy 58.48%

So I had this recovery error that said my winload.efi was missing so I ran the recovery from boot up and decided to recover. I read that this will delete the files from C: so I turned on the "Maintain User Data" option and selected all including the local disk c from advanced selection. But when the process was finished, my laptop was empty and no data was restored. What happened ? did I just misunderstand how it works and now it's gone ? or is it just somewhere I can't find ?

P.S
sorry for my English. not my main language.

A:Help about samsung recovery

Welcome Wattup. See if there is a file in your root directory called windows.old, otherwise you may be out of luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/43398-help-about-samsung-recovery.html
Relevancy 58.48%

My monitor seems to have bit the dust It is about months old Normally when the monitor is plugged in the power light goes into stand by mode which blinks in Samsung 226BW one second intervals However two days ago when I powered down the PC the monitor did not go into stand by mode it went into some sort of test mode I did not realize it at first and it was in the test mode all night I cannot remember what the message was on screen I did not think anything of it the next day and powered down the monitor by pressing the power button Now a day or so afterwards I go to power on the PC the monitor will not power up any more I checked the connections and they all seem to be ok One item I did notice is when I plug the power cord into the monitor the power light will light up for Samsung 226BW a second then it will go dark I press the power button the unit will not power up or even go into stand by mode Any ideas on how to get the unit to work again Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Samsung 226BW

Take it back, it's faulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-226bw.91640/
Relevancy 58.48%

My Samsung monitor (900NF-19" CRT) just started displaying a window titled 'Control Lock'. It then cycles between 'Locked' and 'Unlocked' and I cannot control it or any monitor settings.

I even tried the manual for the use of this "feature" and the technique described to turn the feature off/on, does not work. I have rebooted, un/re-installed 3 different driver versions all to no avail....

Any help greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-monitor.329987/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, bought the hd a year ago loaded some data on it and put it on a shelf.
Recently changed from XP to Vista ultim. now pc doesnīt see the hd and I canīt find the driver sw, where can I download the software for this hd, samsung was of no help.

Relevancy 58.48%

Before i had SSD pro everything was smooth and now i receive random bsod BSOD appears when i do nothing no programs run huge load of pc dosent cause it It randomly appears when im browsing internet while im doing nothing with pc when i'm playing it's not graphic card i think it's not cpu because tests of gpu and cpu PASS I ran memtest over night no errors so RAM should be fine Waiting for response i read BSOD - samsung SSD pro 850 rules for posting i think i'm doing it OK Please help P S i have Samsung Magician BSOD still appears P S P S after BSOD if i start pc it not always boots first time FANS start screaming but nothing happens after waiting few minutes everything run fine P S P S P S I suspect Ixtreme m BIOS that it's old BUT there is no chance for updating them because as i understand it PackardBell won't renew their BIOS for this system since

A:BSOD - SSD 850 pro samsung

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361533-bsod-ssd-850-pro-samsung.html
Relevancy 58.48%

when we are connecting through dail-up connection we were unable to connect. then there was a message "There was no dail tone" & it gave information if your modem is multi modem U should need another type of modem. Plz advise me whether my laptop will work by using dail-up connection or not or is there another way.
Thansking U........

yohanu

A:samsung sensX20

With absolutely no information about the laptop the version of Windows involved, or the exact symptoms, it's hard to say. Does this happen all the time?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-sensx20.808480/
Relevancy 58.48%

I've come pretty late to the SSD game and just purchased my first one, and I wanted to check that the performance results I'm getting are correct for the drive. From what I can see I don't seem to be getting all I should be from it, but I also have a pretty old setup (which I'm intending to upgrade), and I'm not sure if that's what's holding it back.

My CrystalDiskMark results with Rapid Mode enabled are:
Seq Q32T1 Read: 1471 Write: 1762
4K Q32T1 Read: 462.9 Write: 387.3
Seq Read: 671.4 Write: 570
4K Read: 64.19 Write: 361.1

My system is:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Intel i7-950 3.07ghz (1st Generation)
Asus P6TD Deluxe
Sapphire Radeon HD 6800 Series
4GB DDR3
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W ATX PSU

Could anyone shed any light on this? And if it is an issue with old components, does anyone have any recommendations for replacements that won't break the bank?

Many thanks,
Linc

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/382776-samsung-ssd-850-evo-performance.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a samsung laptop with windows 8 64 bit pre installed, where do i find the cd key incase i have to reinstall as there is no COA sticker on the laptop.

A:samsung laptop

From what I've read I would guess it is built into bios and you will not need it to reinstall. This way you can not use the win 8 on any other system.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30213-samsung-laptop.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I need assistance, I turned on my computer this morning (its a samsung chronos 8 laptop) and the screen was all black and it had an option of boot menu and i am using windows 8.
1. Windows Boot Manager
2.Windows Boot Manager (again I don't know why)
3. SATA CD : : TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-U633J
and App Menu

It will not boot up when i try to select the options of 1. Windows Boot Manager, 2. Windows Boot Manager, or 3. SATA CD : : TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-U633J. Could someone please help me?

A:Samsung Chronos 7

Please do not double (or triple) post. Read the rules.

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1099304-stuck-boot-menu.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-chronos-7.1099303/
Relevancy 58.48%