Windows Support Forum

A Computer on Network Requires Password from Only 1 of 4

Q: A Computer on Network Requires Password from Only 1 of 4

Hello friends,

I am new here, I just received a new work computer that runs Windows 8. After connecting it to the network I had trouble with it being password protected and found help on this form post by Topgundcp. The new computer is now accessible from 3 of the other 4 (Win XP) computers but still locked for 1 computer. I can not figure out why or a solution, hopefully someone here knows the answer to this dilemma.

Thank you,
-W

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/27846-computer-network-requires-password-only-1-4-a.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: A Computer on Network Requires Password from Only 1 of 4

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.53%

I have a D-Link DES switch which is connected to a router which is connected to a cable modem I have computers and a NAS also connected to the router I have more computers connected to the switch All computers password Switch requires Network can access the inet normally Each of the computers on the router can see and talk to the NAS The computers on the switch can see the NAS but when I try to connect to it it is asking for a password The computers are a mix - XP Vista W They are all configured as workgroup no domain If I move a computer from the router to the switch Network Switch requires password it will also request a password to access the NAS If the NAS is on the switch then all will require a password I have no clue why it is asking for a pw or what pw it would like A switch is not configurable correct It is just suppose to connect everything The computers on the switch get the IP from the router as do the ones on the router So what am I missing thx bill nbsp

A:Network Switch requires password

The NAS still may require a password of some sort to keep unwanted people out of it. What model of NAS do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-switch-requires-password.992406/
Relevancy 69.23%

hi, i recently put in a wireless adapter for my router on another computer, and after i put it in and turned the computer back on, it suddenly shows that username and password screen, when it never did that before...
like it says press control alt delete and then i have to type in username and password, but I never had to do that before..
this is on windows xp home edition, and i just had to click my name icon to start up windows before, and I don't know why it asks me for my username and password now..
can someone help me?

thanks..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-requires-username-password.631478/
Relevancy 68.8%

How can I extend the time before lock? Or better yet, remove this?

A:My computer requires ctrl-alt-del and password after 30 min of inactivity

Hi scogo, Welcome to TSG !!
What Operating System are you running ??
I assume the screensaver is coming on and needs a password to get back to desktop !!
Right click on the desktop, Properties, ScreenSaver.
Un check the box that says "Password Protected". Apply , then OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-requires-ctrl-alt-del-and-password-after-30-min-of-inactivity.338290/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello a few months ago I switched from Win Vista ultimate to win professional bit My computer was connected to a home network with a server and data server local password requires blanc field now password a that server also patched me trough to internet since my computer support installed win on my computer they brought it back to me with a blanc password and my login name blanc local password field now requires a password lets call that sangetsu blanc local password field now requires a password i just had to click my icon on login and i was logged in and also had straight internet connection trough an ''unknown'' network fine by me just needed internet and office anyhow Recently my computer had an update and i lost all means to connect to the www so i decided to make a new username on my server with admin rights and plugged my comuter back in our local network on that new user i had internet connection again but no access to the files that my local admin had the problem now is this whenever I try to log back on my local admin ' sangetsu ' which didn't require a password i get an error that says wrong password even when the field is blanc even when my new user i made in ADUC has all the admin rights possible it won't let me share my previous folders and desktop also doesn't allow installation of new software etc etc I've looked on the net for a solution and my PC support that installed my win OS can't help me what should i do I await a quick reply thanks in advance D

Relevancy 57.19%

I have a peculiar issue where I would need to have "Network and Sharing Center" open to be able to see that my my laptop's wireless connection. I would see the signal bar and also see the dreaded red x.

Even when I have it open, I can see it refreshing each second; like its losing connection and reestablishing.

My internet connection is working and has no issues.

What can this be?

Network and Sharing Center - Open
Network and Sharing Center - Open and refreshed

Network and Sharing Center - Closed

A:Correct Network Tray Icon - Requires Network and Sharing Center Open??

That will probably be your Ethernet connection, not your wireless adapter, you can disable it in the bios if you don't use it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245622-correct-network-tray-icon-requires-network-sharing-center-open.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, please help me. It was written on my laptop that enter administrator password or power on password, after 3 wrong passwords it was written system disabled and there were numbers 67633154, which password do I have to write there?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:My laptop requires a password

Hi: Enter this unlock passcode... 78791190

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-laptop-requires-a-password/td-p/5761651
Relevancy 56.76%

Short Version now password?? User requires Log-in Basically User Log-in now requires password?? I m locked out of the admin account and only have a restricted kids account Help Long version below Long Version So my in-laws have a Vista Home PC that I had to previously wipe re-install This time I setup two user accounts One for the adults and one for the kids The kids had restricted internet and couldn t install w out admin password The adults account Everything has been great for weeks until yesterday One of the kids went playing games under the kids account Later that night the adults use it and now the log-in screen has a password for the adult s account Additionally the icon or avatar for the user increased in size So I tell them to try this that and another password that they frequently use and none of them work So I was trying to find things online about how to remedy this problem but I can t find anything I also searched these forums and aside of a corrupt user account the adult s or the kids are they destine for a wipe re-install They can use the kids account for some things but if I recall correctly the kids aren t an admin account And I don t know if they have ever even used the password to allow things for the kids before Maybe one of the kids did something Ideas I m wondering since the original admin adult account never had a password can I just remove the hard drive throw it in an external and try and recover their photos and stuff Or is it just a wipe re-install I think I have an image of their system when I finished last time but it s their photos and stuff they want nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I had an important document I made a while ago on Notepad. I put a password on it to be able to open the document. It's been a while and I don't remember the password. Is there any way to open the Notepad document without the password?!

I have Windows XP if that helps...

THX

A:I Need Help Opening a Document that requires password

there are a few password recovery apps out there that you can use, but most of them (if not all) you have to pay for. Some of them have demo's you can d/l and try for free that might help your immediate problem. do a search in google on password recovery and try a few out; I can't access them myself to give you a link as they're classed as 'hacker' sites and blocked by my work's firewall

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-opening-a-document-that-requires-password.249612/
Relevancy 56.33%

i have pc s on my lan named pc pc and pc all in the same workgroup called HOMENET all xp pro service pack --simple file sharing is requires share xp Solved: password disabled on all Solved: xp share requires password pc s --file and print sharing is enabled in tcp ip properties --firewall ok too --every pc can ping all others double checked all machines Pc can open and see all shares on pc Pc can open and see all shares on pc Pc can open and see all shares on pc However Pc cannot open or see shares on pc usr password prompts Pc cannot open or see shares on pc usr password prompts Pc cannot open or see shares on pc usr password prompts but can on pc whack The only share on pc was created on its desktop I even added the everyone perm to the folder and everyone to the ntfs permissions still no go Anyways Ive never had problems with this before and have setup shares at least times or more nor have ever had to setup extra user accounts on each machine to get shares to work Ive always just shared it then everyone could see it and access it I know i Could remove the quot everyone quot group and force someone to use a password yes but thats not the right solution here for me Half of it works and half of it dont hmm nbsp

A:Solved: xp share requires password

oh well..

I re-enabled "simple file sharing" this solved the problem.

However.. it still does not explain why one of my computers was able to perform the same operation with simple file sharing disabled, even though the everyone group was added. (worked on one computer but not the other). and yes i double checked accounts and passwords.

It worked on one but not another. weird.

If you come across this post and you DO want to share with a password. just create another account on your machine, with a password, add the new account, create the share, add the user (to your share) in your folder share permisssions (click the add button and type in the name (it WILL find it), and finally have your user map to the folder with the "map network drive feature" (right click "my computer" > map network drive) > (pick any letter not already used) on the other machine and give them the user name and password of you new limited account and it will work. make sure they check the reconnect at login box, then they wont have to login every time.

Anyways... It works now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-share-requires-password.802484/
Relevancy 56.33%

Our family laptop (HP Pavillion g7, Windows 7) suddenly needs a password to log in. We did not have a password set for this computer. We were on it this weekend and it did not require a password. Can not log in safe mode. If this is a virus, how do we get rid of it?

A:Laptop suddenly requires password for log in

Is it possible someone who was accessing the computer this past weekend decided to put one on? It could be a virus that has instantiated a password. At this point, you have two options. One, you can use a DOS Boot CD and command line options to erase or reset the password. Two, you can do a repair install. I would go for the latter as that at least better guarantees that the virus will be gone, if one is on there.

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/222923-laptop-suddenly-requires-password-log.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi

This just started Monday morning. The night before everything was working properly. And at 9am Monday morning, I could no longer access hotmail, work Email via remote desktop, and most forums that require a login. It just hangs at "connecting," and then times out. Normal websites work fine. This was on my desktop.

I've got Norton and have uninstalled and reinstalled. I've tried to do a system restore and it won't let me do it. I've changed routers and also connected up to a laptop and it's the same with both.

I've contacted the service provider who have tried to change a few of my WAN settings with no luck. Can you help?

The only thing that I did do the night before was to update my Java to version 6 update 18.

A:I cannot access any website that requires a password

Have you got all of the Windows Updates installed if not please do this now.
Then check your problem again if this doesn't solve it come back here.
Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/i-cannot-access-any-website-that-requires-a-password-456142.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Dell desktop, 32 bit VISTA. Machine was on for several months. After a recent shutdown, can't get PC to boot. BIOS process stops at point where it requests entry of system password. Owner has never entered a Password and has no records showing what it might be. The DELL supplied reinstall DVD is not being seen in the boot process. F2 and F12 keys do not override this and do not open the BIOS. Is there another way to enter the BIOS? I'd like to avoid reflashing the BIOS. Is the CMOS on a 2007 DELL desktop likely to have some manual method of returning the BIOS to its default settings? I don't yet have access to a bootable CD for VISTA. Will a bootable CD get by the password screen? If not I believe resetting the CMOS may be the solution.

cdever

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283395-bios-requires-system-password.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Yikes! I am getting a popup on my igoogle homepage on my Windows Vista computer that ask for a username and password. It pops up 2-3 times a day. It states "The server 128.194.24410 at axview requires a username and password" and has fields to fill in. Windows security gives a warning that this is not secure. Has anyone come across this before or know a way to get rid of it. I use McAfee Security and it does not find a problem, nor did Windows Defender.
Thanks in advance,
Msstick8888

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/axview-requires-username-and-password.762530/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,

Long time XP user and I just starting using Windows 7 beta. I really like it so far. Except there's a few things I can't figure out.

I'm trying to connect to my own Wifi Network and it has WEP encryption (I know I should use WPA but for now, let's say i'm stuck with WEP), Windows 7 keeps prompting me for a user name, password after I already entire my WEP key. WHY??? XP never asked me for that. I tried the admin password for my router, didn't work. What is with this new "User name, password" requirement?

Please help. It's really fustrating. The only way around it is to manually add network. There must be something I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Wireless using WEP requires Username/Password- WHY?

Quote: Originally Posted by dsharky

Hi all,

Long time XP user and I just starting using Windows 7 beta. I really like it so far. Except there's a few things I can't figure out.

I'm trying to connect to my own Wifi Network and it has WEP encryption (I know I should use WPA but for now, let's say i'm stuck with WEP), Windows 7 keeps prompting me for a user name, password after I already entire my WEP key. WHY??? XP never asked me for that. I tried the admin password for my router, didn't work. What is with this new "User name, password" requirement?

Please help. It's really fustrating. The only way around it is to manually add network. There must be something I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance for your help.

dsharky; Welcome to Windows Seven Forums! Nice to meet you! And yes, I have known a few days of that kind of frustration also.

My first guess would be you have "Password Protected Sharing" turned on. Look at this screenshot of the "Advanced Sharing Settings" and compare with yours?

Post back if this doesn't solve your password issue?

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/21166-wireless-using-wep-requires-username-password-why.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Followed your directions Situation - taken to a requires startup Malware password for website and downloaded malware Malware prevents startup without a password - scam is to force you to sign up for their computer support services to fix the situation tricked them into giving me the password to run Windows before Malware requires password for startup sending money to Western Union but can t get rid of Malware - don t have startup disk Restore is blocked - requires admin authorization Scripts seemed to run when I downloaded Malwarebytes Can t remove folders in Firefox Malware blocked the download of dds downloaded to another computer and ran using a thumb drive Here are the scripts DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by HP Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Internet Worm Protection Disabled FW Norton Security Suite Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www inbox com tb id uSearch Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop uDefault Search URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop uSearch Bar hxxp toolbar inbox com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp tmpl amp qkw s amp tbid tb id mSearch Bar hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop mSearchAssistant hxxp toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid amp tmpl mCustomizeSearch hxxp toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid uURLSearchHooks N A d d d - f d- c-b c -e f b - c progra inboxt Inbox dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton security suite engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program... Read more

A:Malware requires password for startup

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/462325 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462325/malware-requires-password-for-startup/
Relevancy 56.33%

It's a HP Pavilion 23 desktop. New. Windows 8. For 2 months it's never done that. When it comes out of sleep it comes to the lock screen and then asks for a password. I don't mind this when first in the morning booting up. But in the 2 months I've had it ... it never did this. I have had a number of Windows updates recently. Could that have affected it? Is there an easy fix or option toggle? Thanks do much! Jack ":-D

A:PC Sleeps then it goes 2 lockscreen and requires password?

Man, if I can't get an answer to this in a Windows 8 forum then where? I can't imagine the solution is that hard, once you hear it one time. 58 have viewed and not one know the simple answer? ":-\

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22036-pc-sleeps-then-goes-2-lockscreen-requires-password.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I had a similar issue where my user name all of a sudden requires a password...i have an ultrabook so i don't have a disc drive. I attempted to resolve the issue by resetting the user password through DOS however it says that the password is blank and it cant be reset? its very strange. Any ideas on how i can gain access to my computer? thanks.

A:my user name all of a sudden requires a password

You need to enable the hidden Administrator account so you can login to it in Safe Mode then fix the password problem on your main account.

Read here: Built-in Administrator - Enable from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256110-my-user-name-all-sudden-requires-password.html
Relevancy 56.33%

There is a particular computer on my network that requires a password whenever you try to access it's files over the network. I used to restrict it by user name, but I've since turned on simple file sharing. Whenever I access the computer with \\Computer name I am prompt for a password and guest as the user name and password seems to work. Who do I clear it needing a password all together?

Windows XP Pro SP3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-sharing-requires-password.940386/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Dell password.. Can't requires access a any that site Inspirion B Laptop with a Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-PCI Card Windows XP No previous problems with this At home I have to use Dial-Up because where I Can't access any site that requires a password.. live DSL and Cable are not available yet I am a student at a local college last semester I accessed their wireless service with no problem coming Can't access any site that requires a password.. home and using my dial-up The other day I took my laptop to school I connected to the service but I could not access any sites I kept getting the page error message So I brought my LT home and connected to my dial-up now I am unable to access any webpage that involves a password I can get to the login page but then I get the quot cannot open page error quot I have reformatted and it is still doing the same thing Any ideas And what setting do I need to change to access sites after I am connected to the wireless at school I did turn pop-up blocker my firewall cleaned my cookies and temp files I am dumb-founded right now I know this is something simple TIA Nora nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-any-site-that-requires-a-password.534867/
Relevancy 56.33%

I just purchased a new Dell with Windows 7 - Internet Explorer 9 and have transferred the Microsoft Expressions Webs that I had under my old Dell Win XP.

When I try to publish websites with the Windows 7 version I receive a Windows Security pop up with the message Warning the server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner. If I enter the login & password in this pop up it continues to pop back up and nothing happens.

These publishing settings work with the XP so it's not a problem with the internet, but for some reason the Windows 7 is not allowing me to publish. I have looked at all windows security options, I have full control of everything and have not been able to find an answer.

Help is greatly appreciated.

A:Server requires user name and password

Hello Lilliam, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

I think you need to turn on Internet Information Services and Internet Information Services Hostable Web Core if you want to set your computer up as a web server.

Navigate to Start>Control Panel>Programs>Turn Windows Features On or Off and select them from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/180532-server-requires-user-name-password.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
So usually when I put my PC to sleep, I can just wake it up and be greeted with my desktop.
Now everytime I wake it up, it says my PC is locked and I have to enter my password to log in.

I gone into power management it says "Yes" to require password when login, however I will not let me change it.

The only thing that has changed is I upgraded my Home Premium copy to a professional copy.

A:PC requires password when waken from sleep

Type netplwiz into start/search and hit Enter. There you uncheck the little box, click Apply and provide your password (twice). Then OK > OK. Now it will log in automatically and should also work for sleep.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361514-pc-requires-password-when-waken-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am operating on Windows 7 OS and am having difficulty with Outlook for Office 2010. It always asks for a password each time I sign on and when I open an email. For some reason it doesn't store my password.

A:Outook 2010 always requires password

That problem is by no means unique to Outlook 2010, it happens also on Outlook 2007 and on the version before that, and neither is it unique to Windows 7.

Try putting your POP3 server name and password into the "Credential Manager" in Control Panel. For good measure I entered my email credentials twice -- in "Windows Credentials" and in "Generic Credentials". I hardly see that pesky password prompt since doing that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outook-2010-always-requires-password.1073787/
Relevancy 55.47%

Good afternoon,
I am not a user of Windows 10 but my dad (who is not good with computers) now has a computer with Windows 10. I am trying to help him with a problem that occurred this morning. Everything was fine with his computer yesterday but he says he turned it off last night but kept the powercord plugged in. This morning, when he went to turn it on, his computer no longer required at password at startup, his background picture of his dog was no longer there and it was replaced with a tree. Also, his desktop icons are no longer there. I have zero idea about how to help this situation and I have no idea what happened. Can someone please advise?
Many many thanks,
Erica

A:Windows 10 no longer requires password at startup

Hello Erica, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Since this has just recently happened, you may be able to do a system restore using a restore point dated before it happened to hopefully quickly undo and fix this.

System Restore Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41153-windows-10-no-longer-requires-password-startup.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Good afternoon,
I am not a user of Windows 10 but my dad (who is not good with computers) now has a computer with Windows 10. I am trying to help him with a problem that occurred this morning. Everything was fine with his computer yesterday but he says he turned it off last night but kept the powercord plugged in. This morning, when he went to turn it on, his computer no longer required at password at startup, his background picture of his dog was no longer there and it was replaced with a tree. Also, his desktop icons are no longer there. I have zero idea about how to help this situation and I have no idea what happened. Can someone please advise?
Many many thanks,
Erica

A:Windows 10 no longer requires password at startup

Hello Erica, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Since this has just recently happened, you may be able to do a system restore using a restore point dated before it happened to hopefully quickly undo and fix this.

System Restore Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41153-windows-10-no-longer-requires-password-startup.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all,

Been using Win7 since beta. However, i just now installed it at work and this is the first time i'm using win7 joined to a domain. I assuming being joined to a domain is what's causing the problem. The problem being that each time the UAC prompt comes up, i dont just get a yes/no click, i have to enter in my username and password each time. And it's the same user/pass that i'm logged in with.

Is there any way to do away with the requirement of having to enter my user/pass each time? I dont mind so much just having to click yes or no, but constantly having to re-enter my login info is getting annoying.

A:UAC in domain requires username and password each time

I have not dealt with this, but,,, you may need to add yourself as an Admin to the local PC.

Since I have not done this in 7, maybe someone else can provide the way of doing it when joined to the domain.

However, are you a Domain User or Domain Admin?

Brink?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/59303-uac-domain-requires-username-password-each-time.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I had to change my router and now TeamViewer is popping up this message"

The server master11.teamviewer.com at WGT624v3 requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).

What password and user name does it want?

My router log-in doesn't work. My TeamViewer log-in doesn't work. I'm lost.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/master11-teamviewer-com-requires-a-username-and-password.930455/
Relevancy 55.47%

I know Windows 10 is new and that we will all experience more or less serious bugs over the next months. For the most part Windows 10 really works well on my Iconia W510. I post this as a thread here to see if I am the only one who has to enter the system password on wakeup even though it is disabled? I have disabled require password on wakeup on the Power Options page and when I recheck, it is disabled. But, every time I wakey the PC up from sleep I still have to enter the system password. Compared to most of the other reported problems here and elsewhere with Windows 10, I know I should not complain But it is still annoying.

A:Windows 10 requires password on wakeup - Iconia W5...

Do you have a screen saver enabled? They will often be set to require a password also, superseding the power settings.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Windows-10-requires-password-on-wakeup-Iconia-W510/td-p/385579/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

Vista problem with sky mail. I have set up the account and as far as I can tell all is correct, however when I try to retrieve mail a window pops up titled Windows Security and it requires a user name and password. I have tried all combinations but no luck. BT internet emails work fine by not sky.
Account includes pop.tools.sky.com, smtp.tools.sky.com, My SRA ticked, 465,995, ssl ticked etc. Any one have an answer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-security-box-requires-user-name-and-password.882774/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a profile setup on my workstation on a domain.
It seems everytime I plug in a USB flash drive, it displays that the computer recongizes it with a little balloon tip in the bottom right hand corner. It then appears as if it is going to add the device, but right before you can access it - A dialog box comes up. It asks for the administrative password in order to add the device.

Does anyone know where this problem could be occuring?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: USB Drive requires admin password?

Might want to talk to the admin of your network to help you out with that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-drive-requires-admin-password.547777/
Relevancy 55.04%

Getting this message "The server _____ at WPS requires a username and password" logging into website. OS is Windows 7 , IE 10 is browser. Any suggestions or known fix???

Thanks

Relevancy 55.04%

I hardly even need a password for my puter. My online passwords are high security, long and complex. I really do not want to type those in every time I start. I do have a much simpler one that I've been using for the laptop.

I've even selected to start without a password, but it still asks for my Live pw. I've also tried cancelling my Live account, but haven't been able to so far. I would hate to give up my Outlook email account, and might have to if I cancel live.

But something has to give. If I can't get a few of these pains taken care of, I'm slamming it in the can and going back to 7.

A:8 requires Windows Live password to start, change that?

Hello Sine, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to set Windows 8 to sign in to your user account automatically at startup.

Log On User Account Automatically at Windows 8 Startup

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/14401-8-requires-windows-live-password-start-change.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Windows XP Home as my OS To switch account users or to log off and log on to another account on the same XP Home I just hit the log off button and click on the other account icon Now for some reason after hitting the log off or switch user icon the XP OS goes to a blue and cream coloured panel headed quot Log On to Windows Windows XP Home Edition User Name Password OK Cancel Options quot The only thing I can put this down to is the night before it started I did a Zone Alarm Spyware search and it picked up and deleted Trojan - Win sass and Win Worm Socks BW I tried doing a system after spyware / on windows switch deleted now off requires Log user password restore Log off / switch user on windows now requires password after deleted spyware point a few days prior but Log off / switch user on windows now requires password after deleted spyware it requests my XP Home quot User Name quot and quot Password quot again Unfortunately my user name comes up automatically but I can t remember my quot password quot I punched in about different passwords I suspected were correct but it rejected How can I fix this problem up and just log off and switch users without this User name Password screen coming up all the time Thanks Speedy nbsp

A:Log off / switch user on windows now requires password after deleted spyware

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/log-off-switch-user-on-windows-now-requires-password-after-deleted-spyware.922380/
Relevancy 54.61%

Everytime i use explorer or itunes a window pops up saying "The server 78.110.167.78 at Squid proxy-caching web server requires a username and password" i dont know why it has started popping up but its driving me nuts. i hit cancel and i can still load web pages, but once in itunes i need to update my iphone and it wont update after i hit cancel. help please

A:Squid proxy-caching web server requires a username and password.

Sounds like you have installed something that requires this proxy server.

Let's have some real information about the environment.
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/squid-proxy-caching-web-server-requires-a-username-and-password.751233/
Relevancy 54.61%

Good afternoon Our office uses Outlook Web Access OWA that Solved: and server requires a ______ The _____ username at password is based on our front-end exchange server and our back-end exchange server We can logon to OWA fine and most of our OWA functionality is fine Solved: The server _____ at ______ requires a username and password However when we open an OWA message from any browser and then click on a web site link within the body of Solved: The server _____ at ______ requires a username and password any OWA message we encounter the following message The server communitycolleges wy edu at communitycolleges wy edu requires a username Solved: The server _____ at ______ requires a username and password and password Warning This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner basic authentication without a secure connection User Name Password When we enter our OWA username and password in response to the message above the username and password get rejected and then the message above returns and reprompts and won t let us proceed If we choose to cancel out of the message above then we get the quot Error Access is Denied quot message Are there server settings I can adjust to eliminate the message above Environment Details Front-End Server- commission-web commission wcc edu Windows Server Standard Edition Service Pack Exchange Build Service Pack Internet Information Services IIS Manager - Version Back-End Server- commission-wcc commission wcc edu Windows Server R Enterprise Edition Service Pack Exchange Build Service Pack Some domain info An nslookup on communitycolleges wy edu returns the correct IP of the front-end server I believe communitycolleges wy edu is an alias setup for the front-end server If any of you would like me to confirm this please let me know and I can ask my name server contact Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi This just started this morning Upon going to be last night everything was working properly And at am this morning I can no longer access hotmail messengers games AIM work Email and most forums that require a login It just hangs at quot connecting quot and then times out Normal websites work fine Websites and games will load but anything that requires a login at least most things that do simply hang or do not load Sites like google CNN IGN Facebook etc load normally Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger Cannot requires access any application/game/website UserName/Password that exe quot -quiet O - Extra context menu item Send to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools Cannot access any application/game/website that requires UserName/Password menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Cannot access any application/game/website that requires UserName/Password btrez dll - - CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm O - Extra Tools menuitem btrez dll - - CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Trusted Zone http gls lotr com O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab Installation Support - C Program Files Yahoo Common Yinsthelper dll O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe -- End of file - bytes nbsp

A:Cannot access any application/game/website that requires UserName/Password

Any ideas on this? I have been trying things all day. I'm currently running an Avast! virus scan, and another SpyBot scan.

My laptop is my work and play when I'm on the road, I'm at the end of my rope here. I need it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-any-application-game-website-that-requires-username-password.751707/
Relevancy 54.61%

Title says it all. Vista prompts for username/password to access a shared folder on an XP machine on my network. What do I have to do to fix this now? UPnP service and SSDP service is set to auto on the XP box. The folder is shared publicly on the network, not just local. Vista seems to think that it needs authentication to access the file. How could I disable this. Oh, and password protection is already disabled.

A:Vista requires password to access shared folder on XP machine.

Originally Posted by btzmacin

Title says it all. Vista prompts for username/password to access a shared folder on an XP machine on my network. What do I have to do to fix this now? UPnP service and SSDP service is set to auto on the XP box. The folder is shared publicly on the network, not just local. Vista seems to think that it needs authentication to access the file. How could I disable this. Oh, and password protection is already disabled.

you have just answered your own question, you have shared the files publicly, which means that vista is reading the files as public files and deem them a security threat. Changing your connection to a private network on the vista rig should fix the problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/199861-vista-requires-password-access-shared-folder-xp-machine.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi All,
We have a system with Smart card login. Some server under domain controller require a smart card login and some others do not require.
For the servers which do not require smart card login I can change domain user passwd by clicking ctrl+alt+del
For the servers which requires Smart card login when I try to change domain user password again it checks smart card and after that give an alert like smart card drivers are not installed for this operation.
I want to keep smart card login but I do not want it to require smart card login to change domain user password.
Do anyone know a way?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/964cf607-3ce5-4e3c-9750-42a59ca1f2ca/windows-2008-requires-smart-card-when-i-try-to-change-password?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi This just started UserName/Password any application/game/website that Cannot requires access this morning Upon going to be last night everything was working properly And at am this morning I can no longer access hotmail messengers games AIM work Email and most forums that require a login It just hangs at quot connecting quot and then times out Normal websites work fine Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Cannot access any application/game/website that requires UserName/Password C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services Cannot access any application/game/website that requires UserName/Password exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - Extra context menu item Send to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button btrez dll - - CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem btrez dll - - CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Trusted Zone http gls lotr com O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab Installation Support - C Program Files Yahoo Common Yinsthelper dll O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe -- End of file - bytes

A:Cannot access any application/game/website that requires UserName/Password

Hello, bpt15205
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .

We need to create an OTViewIt ReportPlease download OTViewIt by OldTimer.
Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
Push the button.
Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTViewIt.txt <-- Will be opened
Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

We need to scan for rootkits with GMERPlease download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.alternate download site 1
alternate download site 2

Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.)
When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
Note: There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
Click on "Settings", then check the first five settings:System Protection and Tracing
Processes
Save created processes to the log
Drivers
Save loaded drivers to the log

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
Run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.
Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
Click on the "Scan" and wait for the scan to finish.Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.

When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode

In your next reply, please include the following:OTViewIt.txt
Extra.txt
GMER's Log

Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cannot-access-any-application-game-website-that-requires-username-password-294108.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a problem with a Windows 8.1 Machine 64 bit OS. The computer goes to sleep after 1 minute, and goes to a lock screen which requires a password upon Wake. I have changed ALL the settings NOT to allow this, and it still happens. I have made the PC
Settings optios as well as the Power Options. I recently attached a new monitor to the PC so I have dual monitors now. But no software has been downloaded and as far as I can tell, no settings have been changed. All this started when I put the new monitor
in. I tried to disconnect it thinking it would disable the lock screen, but it still happens. Please Help!

A:Windows 8.1 Goes to Sleep in less than 1 Minute and Always requires Password Upon Wake (After Changing all settings)

Wow, Thank you so much for your help! This fixed my issue! I remember selecting the Screen Saver Option within the Personalize Menu, but don't remember
that option being defaulted. Thanks again for your awesome support!

Lee

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dca9aca8-be37-4b39-9a3f-8a366935cb8e/windows-81-goes-to-sleep-in-less-than-1-minute-and-always-requires-password-upon-wake-after?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.46%

In 8.1 Pro, 64-bit:

In an effort to allow connectivity with a virtual machine using VMware Player, I deleted the Network Bridge. While this indeed enabled connectivity I now find that Metro apps (at least iHeart radio, Weather) requiring Internet connectivity no longer work. I have already run the diagnostics suggested to no avail.

So, is there a solution that allows Metro apps without the Network Bridge?

Thanks.

George

A:Metro requires network bridge?

A network bridge isn't required for Metro to function.

More than likely the VMware player is creating the problem.

Maybe the VMware guide will help.

[Guide]Install Windows 8 on VMware Workstation with VMware Tools

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45630-metro-requires-network-bridge.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I had been using my linksys wireless router to connect from my laptop for months without any network key or password required. Recently, a friend sent me a linksys booster to improve my signal strength. After hooking it up, the wireless network that I was previously able to access right away is now security enabled and requires a network key? What gives? Thanks for your help.

A:Wireless Booster requires network key?

If you remove the booster again does it remove the requirement? I have never heard of this occuring.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-booster-requires-network-key.409200/
Relevancy 52.03%

When I uninstall Intel R Network Connections per microsoft instructions I can not longer complete download as I have lost my internet connection. Message reads, Intel (r) Network Connections 15.7.176.0 uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with windows 8...running windows 7 on HP 6200 (1-year old). Spoke to customer service and could not answer...did Intel upgrade and still doesn't work and have paid for Windows 8 pro download and can not complete...anyone else have same problem or a simple solution...thanks.

A:Win 8 pro requires that I uninstall Intel (r) network Connections

Try running the Windows upgrade advisor in compatibility mode for Windows 7 or earlier, also click Run as Admin, and further right click the Windows Upgrade 8 upgrade advisor to run as Admin was the only way I could get it to work right.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/10544-win-8-pro-requires-i-uninstall-intel-r-network-connections.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there, I have been having extremely extremely frustrating problems with connecting to the internet on my desktop. Internet will be fine and then suddenly go out briefly or for extended periods of time, fixable by disabling the pci card and then re enabling it and connecting to my wireless router again.

I have re installed windows from scratch, and uninstalled and re installed drivers. I tested this with a usb wireless card before re installing windows and i had the same problem. The internet problems usually start when playing the multiplayer game league of legends.

This problem is infuriating any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 52.03%

I have a spare computer on my workgroup network. My main computer and the "spare" are both using Win 7 Home Prem.

I tried to get into the docs on my spare and it's asking for a password. I tried the one I normally use and it won't except it.

I turned off "Password protected sharing" on the spare and can get into "C" but no further even though I have "shared" other folders in "C".

Can I reset or change my spare computer password? And..I can get into my folders on my main computer from the spare.

A:Can't network my spare computer - asking for password

Hello,

It maybe because you are using the incorrect username. By default it will try and use maincomputer\username. This needs to be sparecomputer\username
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/194846-cant-network-my-spare-computer-asking-password.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi

i have this problem at Vista and 7

What is the password of computer i want to access throw network ?

at XP i used to change the password by typing control userpasswords2 at run then modify the guest account password so every one can access the PC throw network by this account but i don't know how to do that at vista and 7 ...

only i can remove the password totally but can't change it and also i don't know the windows default password

thanks and w8ing your help

A:What is the default password of computer @ Network ?

this may help
File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/9588-what-default-password-computer-network.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a small home network with three computers, Bravo, Delta and Harpo. All are running Win 7 Home Prem. x64. I'm using workgroup networking and all parameters are set the same. All are sharing drives D and F. All have identical user names and passwords. The problem is: Bravo can read and write to Delta and Harpo, Harpo can read and write to Bravo and Delta, Delta can read and write to Harpo but attempting to access Bravo gives a popup asking for a Network user name and password. No known user name and password works. I've tried a number of suggestions found on this forum (system time/date, security and sharing permissions (both set to everyone full control), etc. and nothing has changed. I've about pulled my hair out on this one. Any help appreciated.

A:One Workgroup computer wants Network Password

After 5 days of constantly checking the shares the problem has slowly resolved to the point that delta is now almost never asked for a network password when accessing bravo. Nothing done in the last 5 days except occasionally retrying the share. From other posts in various forums intermittently asking for a network password appears to be an occasional quirk of Win 7 workgroup networking especially with Home Premium. No one seems to have found a reason or a fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308493-one-workgroup-computer-wants-network-password.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi

i have this problem at Vista and 7

What is the password of computer i want to access throw network ?

at XP i used to change the password by typing control userpasswords2 at run then modify the guest account password so every one can access the PC throw network by this account but i don't know how to do that at vista and 7 ...

only i can remove the password totally but can't change it and also i don't know the windows default password

thanks and w8ing your help

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/226707-what-default-password-computer-network.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I have just gotten a new laptop from work, and I am having some issues connecting to wireless networks with it. I have no issues connecting at home with my personal laptop, and had no issues with my previous work computer. My laptop is running on Windows XP SP2, and is a Lenovo W500 4063-3FU. I have tried resetting my wireless router, and have installed the latest version of the wireless adapter drivers from Lenovo's website with no luck.

What happens is that I will connect to the network, and have a great connection for ~10 minutes, when my computer will show that I am connected, but I will not be able to load any new webpages. I use Windows to repair my wireless connection, which will succeed, but then 10 minutes later the problem repeats.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

A:Wireless Network Connection requires constant repair

That sounds a lot like malware, have you done malware scans?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-requires-constant-repair.819292/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello - I am on a network that contains both XP and Windows 7 computers. The problem at hand is on a Windows 7 computer (Computer 9). The XP computer is Computer 4. I succeeded in accessing Computer 4 from Computer 9 by typing my Computer 4 credentials into a window that popped up on Computer 9 the first time that I attempted to access Computer 4 from Computer 9. After that, the password on Computer 4 was changed. Now, when I try to access Computer 4 from Computer 9, I receive the following message:

"Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER 4
You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-4. Contact your network administrator to request access."

Can anyone please tell me how to access the pop-up window on Computer 9 that will let me type in the new Computer 4 password? Thank you.

A:Network Computer not accessible after changing password

I'm more or less having the same issue right now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250661-network-computer-not-accessible-after-changing-password.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I took my old desktop which had a direct connect to a DSL modem and setup it up for as the family computer with wireless access it has internet access just fine I changed its computer-name from Shawn under System Advanced settings to quot family quot so that I could use the same name Shawn for my new desktop which connects via ethernet to the DSL wireless modem I can see the old desktop from the new desktop under network in explorer on the new desktop So i have quot Shawn quot new and quot Shawn-PC quot old but I cannot log in via wireless to the or computer: network home log Cannot into password wrong name old computer The old has the new Cannot log into home network computer: name or password wrong login name quot family quot but I understand the network only goes by the original computer name But quot Shawn quot or quot Shawn-PC quot does not get me in I never changed the password on the old desktop but I did turn it off But even using the old password does not work How can I get access to the shared files on the old shawn-renamed-family computer from my new desktop Thanks win SP x

A:Cannot log into home network computer: name or password wrong

To access the machine using the user account 'Family' you would enter the following at that prompt:

SHAWN-PC\Family

Then enter the password for that account on the old machine.

Tip
It is advised to use an Administrator account when providing credentials. For example Family should be a system Administrator

My apologies if I misinterpreted your problem. You could remove all authentication procedures by going to network and sharing centre > Change Advanced Sharing Settings and then turning off Password Protected Sharing

Hope This Helps,
Josh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/294788-cannot-log-into-home-network-computer-name-password-wrong.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a small home network set up with 4 PCs (1 laptop & 3 desktop). I can see all my computers in my networks but I cannot connect to one of my desktops using my laptop. All the other computers/laptops can read and transfer files without a problem except for the laptop connecting to one of the PCs.

Both the laptop and the PC that is asking for a network password are on the same version of Windows 7 Home. I have file and printer sharing enabled. All are on the same workgroup. I have firewall off and I have turned off password protected sharing yet when I try to connect or print from my laptop to the one PC it asks for a password and I can't figure out why.

This only started recently a week ago. Prior to that never had this problem and shared files/printer without a problem

A:Windows keeps asking for Network Password to access computer

Anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/192969-windows-keeps-asking-network-password-access-computer.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi.

I have two computers wired together, one is my workstation and the other is a dedicated render node. Both have the same user name and password and the network connection between the two was working fine until I changed the computer name of the render node. Now when ever I click on the render node from the network list on my workstation I'm asked for a user name and password, I enter the user name and password for the render node but it is no longer recognised. I can still access the workstation from the render node network list. Any ideas anyone?

A:Changed Computer name and the Network Password is no longer recognised

Hello gaffer61.. the network group names need to be the same.. change the one back to match the other . see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310951-changed-computer-name-network-password-no-longer-recognised.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My computer reboots when I am typing the network password.The screens suddenly goes black and the computer reboots. Then it displays an error code. Below is the error message and the code.
"The system has recovered from a serious error. A log of this error has been created. The data that the report contains: Error signature: BCCode:1000007f BCP1:00000008 BCP2: BA338D70 BCP3:00000000 BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1-2600 SP:3_0 Product:256_1 Technical information: The following files will be included in this error report C:\Docume~1\Allan\locals~\temp\WERdcfc.dir00\Mini1010108-03.dmp]sysdata.xml".
I don't know what this code means but can anyone help me with this problem of constant rebooting? Many thanks in advance.

A:While typing network password, computer Suddenly Reboots - WinXP

Hi, did you make any changes to your pc, before this happened?
Will it start in Safe Mode - tap F8 as the pc is starting up?

If you can get into Safe Mode.
Start > Run > Type
msconfig
Click Launch System restore.

Then choose a date prior to the problem.
http://bertk.mvps.org/
======
If the above does not work and you have the Xp install Cd.
Boot from the Xp install Cd...when prompted press [R]
Choose Windows installation [typically by pressing [1]
When prompted for password.
Press Enter.
Type
chkdsk /r
[note space after chkdsk]
Let it scan the pc.
When fininshed.
Type Exit
And press Enter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/while-typing-network-password-computer-suddenly-reboots-winxp.1144440/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a home network that includes a Win desktop and a Win K desktop My problem is that while I can access the Win computer which happens to be named access computer to in for Password network required Win2K home quot Bill quot from the Win computer which is named quot Pat quot when I try to go in the opposite direction I get a window asking for a password to access the Pat files The window reads quot You must supply a password to make this connection quot Then below that quot Resource Pat IPC quot Then a window for the password If I Password required for access to Win2K computer in home network click quot OK quot with or without a password I get a Microsoft Networking Error window quot The password is incorrect try again quot When I click quot OK quot in that window Windows returns to the Enter Network Password window I cannot modify any settings for IPC on the Pat computer nor can I delete it as far as I can see it is a resource that I do not need for my particular needs Nor have I been able to set any permissions that I can find that will allow access from the Win computer The mystifying part is that the Win K computer happens to Password required for access to Win2K computer in home network be a dual boot computer that has an original Win K installation OS and a replacement Win K OS This was done using Partition Magic and each virtual drive is hidden from the other This came about when the original installation developed a lot of problems with viruses and spyware I finally adopted a solution of re-installing Win K on the computer and during the time I was re-installing programs on the C drive I booted back and forth from one OS to the other This old installation of Win K DOES allow access by the Win computer without any question of a password When I click on the icon for the Win computer in My Network Places the icons for the shared folders on the Win K computer come right up and can be accessed without any difficulty I have searched and searched through the two OS settings to see what might be different but have not been able to find anything As an additional tidbit a Win XP laptop is also connected to the home network With the old OS Win K shared icons come right up without any question or request for password With the new OS Win K a window opens asking for the name of the user before the connection is made and I can enter the name of a user authorized by the Win K computer The connection is then completed without any problem and since I do not require a password for the Win K user I do not have to enter a password from the laptop This Win XP window is in contrast to the window opened by Win which does not allow any identification of user and only asks for a password The network connection MAC address IP address network adapter and its settings are all identical for both setups so my problem obviously is a software one and has nothing to do with hardware connections Both installations of Win K were done from the same CD and both have been updated with the same service packs So I am completely stumped Does anyone have an idea of what is happening nbsp

A:Password required for access to Win2K computer in home network

It sounds like your trying to connect to the administrative share on the 2K machine. Try this.

Right click on the drive in question on the 2K machine and select Sharing... Add a new share and grant access rights to everyone.

Create an account on the 2K machine with the same name/password as is used to logon to the W98 machine. It's not necessary to logon to the 2K machine with this account, it just has to have permission to access the shared files.

This should eliminate the password prompt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-required-for-access-to-win2k-computer-in-home-network.430804/
Relevancy 49.45%

DDS Ver slow other Connection Wireless problems. saves, computer, Network never Password - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Funtown at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system Wireless Network Connection Password never saves, slow computer, other problems. svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x AMD RAIDXpert bin RAIDXpertService exe C Program Files x AMD RAIDXpert bin RAIDXpert exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapUpdate CoreService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Client Services HPClientServices exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt c Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Program Files x PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C Program Files x IOGEAR n USB Wireless LAN Utility RtlService exe C Program Files x Roxio RoxioNow Player RNowSvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe C Users Funtown AppData Roaming Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files x IOGEAR n USB Wireless LAN Utility RtWlan exe C Program Files x Garmin Express Tray ExpressTray exe C Users Funtown AppData Roaming Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files x Hp Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Users Funtown AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files x Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Windows SysWOW Ctxfihlp exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Windows SysWOW CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Windows SysWOW WinMsgBalloonServer exe C Windows SysWOW WinMsgBalloonClient exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework hp... Read more

A:Wireless Network Connection Password never saves, slow computer, other problems.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/512829 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512829/wireless-network-connection-password-never-saves-slow-computer-other-problems/
Relevancy 49.45%

After reinstalling Vista on the "upstairs" machine and rebuilding our home network (cable through router) the Vista machine can access files on the XP machine . . . but not the reverse. Although I can see the two Vista drives OK I'm prompted for a usernameassword, a curiosity since only one passwordless user exists in our Vista setup. (Entering that username and leaving the password blank still gave a "this drive is not accessible" error.)

I can follow the instructions on this page (File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista) partway through, but when I get to the window shown in Figure 6 the "Share" button is grayed out. I did go into "Advanced Sharing" and put a check in the "Share this folder" check box, but that didn't eliminate the password requirement.

Thanks for any help -

A:Accessing Vista Home shared folders from XP Home machine requires password

Hello, try making another Admin account and see if that will work .

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294857-accessing-vista-home-shared-folders-xp-home-machine-requires-password.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Computer hibernates satisifactorily but one half the time it must be restarted (with a password) to function.

A:Computer requires restart after sleeping

Keoweekid, welcome to the forum. It sounds like a glitch has occurred in the system.  I suggest going into the Control Panel / Power Options and changing all settings to Never.  Once this is done, reboot the computer.  Then, go back into the Control Panel and change the settings to what you want them to be.  This may solve your problem.  If this doesn't solve your problem, you may have to do a System Recovery. Also, if you are the only user of the computer, you can set it to boot with Auto logon.  This way you won't have to use a PW everytime you logon.  I have mine setup this way. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Computer-requires-restart-after-sleeping/td-p/5647620
Relevancy 48.16%

Sup ppl well as my title says First of all heyia everyone New here Well ima start my story Bought an Acer M like an year ago it came like this CPU C D E GHz RAM GB Ram MHz GPU Integrated / PSU (In : Computer Watts Theory) more requires 250 But Gefocre Nforce i HDD GB PSU Watts but i wasnt even looking at the PSU : 250 Watts / But Computer requires more (In Theory) PSU And bought a GT MB DDR also OC ed my CPU to GHz and the ram at MHz and it worked fine well later after that i bought a Gigabyte GT GB DDR which is my current and i get RE with maybe - FPS at least at max settings x AA So my question PSU : 250 Watts / But Computer requires more (In Theory) is After searching that i wanna have GB Ram and another HDD GB a Chipset cooler i just saw my PSU Only at watts isnt it gonna damage my computer As only the GPU needs at least Watts What about the rest Isnt the CPU Needing a bit more at GHz I mean my computer seems to work fine no restarts nor any other problems but is it beeing damaged atm or would it be damaged after i put gb ram hd gb chipset cooler Thanks in advanced people nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM attacks!! used expert!! being This Computer requires an Launch to on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS This requires an expert!! Computer being used to Launch attacks!! system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Adobe This requires an expert!! Computer being used to Launch attacks!! Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Documents and Settings Mikey Desktop Exec hijackthis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - Hosts www affinityfcu org O - Hosts affinityfcu org O - Hosts www azfcu org O - Hosts azfcu org O - Hosts www zionbank com O - Hosts zionbank com O - Hosts www royalbank com O - Hosts royalbank com O - Hosts www desjardins com O - Hosts desjardins com O - This requires an expert!! Computer being used to Launch attacks!! Hosts www suncoastfcu org O - Hosts suncoastfcu org O - Hosts capitalone com O - Hosts www capitalone com O - Hosts www bankofamerica com O - Hosts bankofamerica com O - Hosts www chase com O - Hosts chase com O - Hosts www southtrust com O - Hosts southtrust com O - Hosts www wachovia com O - Hosts wachovia com O - Hosts www wellsfargo com O - Hosts wellsfargo com O - Hosts www citi com O - Hosts citi com O - Hosts www citibank com O - Hosts citibank com O - Hosts www etrade com O - Hosts etrade com O - Hosts www neteller com O - Hosts neteller com O - Hosts tcfbank com O - Hosts www tcfbank com O - Hosts comerica com O - Hosts www comerica com O - Hosts www riversfcu org O - Hosts riversfcu org O - Hosts www com O - Hosts com O - Hosts www bbt com O - Hosts bbt com O - Hosts www cnbwax com O - Hosts cnbwax com O - Hosts www cwbk com O - Hosts cwbk com O - Hosts www edsefcu org O - Hosts edsefcu org O - Hosts www firstusa com O - Hosts firstusa com O - Hosts www frontierbank com O - Hosts frontierbank com O - Hosts www gncu org O - Hosts gncu org O - Hosts www householdbank com O - Hosts householdbank com O - Hosts www icicibank com O - Hosts icicibank com O - Hosts www mbna com O - Hosts mbna com O - Hosts www mibank com O - Hosts mibank com O - Hosts www midamericabank com O - Hosts midamericabank com O - Hosts www myindymacbank com O - Hosts myindymacbank com O - Hosts www nafcunet org O - Hosts nafcunet org O - Hosts www nationalcity com O - Hosts nationalcity com O - Hosts www cnb com O - Hosts cnb com O - Hosts www nationwide com O - Hosts nationwide com O - Hosts www netbank com O - Hosts netbank com O - Hosts www netbank com O - Hosts netbank com au O - Hosts www netbank com au O - Hosts www commbank com au O - Hosts www postfinance com O - Hosts postfinance com O - Hosts www providian com O - Hosts providian com O - Hosts www sbbt com O - Hosts sbbt com O - Hosts www sears com O - Hosts sears com O - Hosts telcomcu com O - Hosts www telcomcu com O - Hosts www tcuonline org O - Hosts tcuonline org O - Hosts www uofcfcu com O - Hosts uofcfcu com O - Hosts www usaa com O - Hosts usaa com O - Hosts www warrenfcu com O - Hosts warrenfcu com O - Hosts visionsfcu org O - Hosts www visionsfcu org O - Hosts www tcfexpress com O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bi... Read more

A:This requires an expert!! Computer being used to Launch attacks!!

Any reason why this machine is still plain vanilla XP & not SP1/2 enabled?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/this-requires-an-expert-computer-being-used-to-launch-attacks-154341.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Ive been having my computer crash for about a week now It does this at random times here is the hjt log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved Freezes requires Computer Randomlly and restart at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Computer Randomlly Freezes and requires restart program files steam steam exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Intel IDU IDUServ exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Crap on Desktop Aim Remixed HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - F D - D - E B-E AE- A B B BCB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run ipTray exe quot C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run KAVPersonal quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal kav exe quot minimize O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item Download with GetRight - C Program Files GetRight GRdownload htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Open with GetRight Browser - C Program Files GetRight GRbrowse htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall-beta trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft ... Read more

A:Computer Randomlly Freezes and requires restart

Instructions here still apply:
http://forums.techguy.org/security/371117-system-little-slower-than-normal.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomlly-freezes-and-requires-restart.428496/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello im quite new to this forum so please be patient with me Im decently tech suavy able to do my own hardware and software upgrades and identify some problems but still learning My computer is just over a year old and it began acting up nearly a month ago The problem occurs during gameplay I only currently have games on my computer WoW and CoD MW and during both games and no given specific time the computer freezes and the monitor loses signal I have recently noticed that during this freeze I still receive audio which makes me think it has something to do with the video card My specs are as follows Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB bit Operating system running on Windows Vista w service pack I have a newly installed PSU about months old running at amps i believe And a GeForce GTX Video card installed around the same time as the PSU If you could help me with my situation in any way it would be greaty appreciated nbsp reset. Computer freezes, hard requires

A:Computer freezes, requires hard reset.

Bumping for reply!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-requires-hard-reset.962745/
Relevancy 47.73%

When I let my computer run unattended, usually but not always, it will freeze and I must manually shut it down and reboot. Often the laptop feels very warm as if it is locked in a infinite computing cycle. On two occasions, out of the blue, I have seen flashing lines and a frozen screen requiring manual shut down. The word and excel icons have been replaced with generic icons but work normally. Spinrite finds no hard drive problems and several antiviral programs detect no viruses.

Occasionally, when I must manually reboot, the cursor hangs in the upper left corner and the computer is totally unresponsive to any command including manual shut down. However, if I close and open the lid, windows start up is initiated.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

John

A:computer freezes and requires hard boot

check your memory and be sure to remove any dust inside your laptop to increase airflow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-and-requires-hard-boot.906417/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, my computer is freezing up requiring a manual shut down and sometimes restarts by itself. My cpu fan went bad and i just had that replaced. Sometimes it takes 30-45 min before it acts up but most of the time it does it shortly after i boot it up. I have done a full reformat on the computer, installed windows again and everything. I am not too computer savvy so i don't know what else to do about this, i am at my wits end and i need to solve this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:computer freezing and requires a manual shutdown

(My cpu fan went bad and i just had that replaced)

did you replace it yourself or did you take it somewhere?
first thing i'm thinking of is maybe the heatsink is not set right on cpu. can you tell us what your temps are?

scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/192862-computer-freezing-requires-manual-shutdown.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Samsung HD103UJ 1TB HDD that works fine on my HP DV7 laptop connected via USB. It mounts normally and all is well.

On my HP Pavilion desktop with a newly installed Windows 7 O/S, the drive can be seen in Device Manager, but when I open Disk Management, it says it needs to be initialized. I have not initialized it due to the fear of wiping out the content. I tried both USB and Sata with the same result. Both computers are running Windows 7 SP1 with the latest updates. Any suggestions?

A:Working drive requires Initialization on different computer

If it has a letter, run a chkdsk /f on it.

In an elevated command prompt (run as admin) type: (I'm assuming D) (if it's not, substitute)

chkdsk d: /f

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/284852-working-drive-requires-initialization-different-computer.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Everyone,

Here lately my Windows XP system has been freezing randomly aup to five times a day. It requires a manual reboot with me holding the power button in for 5 seconds.

I use Trend Micro Internet security for spyware, virus protection etc. It has been very reliable the past few years and I rarely have problems with my computer. However, this is one problem that I haven't yet been able to solve.

If there is anyone out there that could assist me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Computer Freeze Requires Manual Reboot

Hi .Error messages in Event Viewer...that are relevant?How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166439/computer-freeze-requires-manual-reboot/
Relevancy 47.73%

My name is Jane and I am on a Windows X system and all has been great for a while About days ago I started having the computer freeze up suddenly At first it would recover after a short time but finally it totally crashed the system requiring a reboot to get going again It seems to happen a requires - freezing Computer randomly reboot lot when i right click on something but has also happened when the system was not active once today I was reading some web instructions and suddenly my screen went black and I got a message saying there was no video signal The progress I have seen with this was at first just freezing for a few Computer freezing randomly - requires reboot seconds then for a longer time Then it stopped recovering at all and the screen would black out and I would get the no signal message Now my user account is totally trashed If I try to log in to it I get a black screen the no signal message and have to reboot to get my video back I am using the Admin account to send this and it seems to be ok but I did have one crash from this account earlier too At first I thought it was something in Chrome so I uninstalled it and reinstalled because the crashes seem to always come when I was using Chrome I do not think that fixed it though because it has crashed since then I looked around in safe mode but I really have no idea of what I am looking for Any thoughts suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer freezing randomly - requires reboot

This might or might not help but is worth trying.
In administrator command prompt run sfc /scannow.

Then run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in administrator command prompt & reboot & run sfc again.

Post back with results.

Both commands take a while to finish.
Up to an hour.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29687-computer-freezing-randomly-requires-reboot.html
Relevancy 47.73%

So for some unknown reason for about a month now every computer /release, day my ipconfig renew Every requires - hours without fail my computer will loose all connectivity and I will get the limited or no connectivity yellow icon Only way to fix it is with a ipconfig release followed by a ipconfig renew it is NOT the router I have Every day my computer requires ipconfig /release, renew tried two routers at my house and it even did it while I was home for the holiday at my mothers No idea why but without fail it does it every day and the release renew is the only way I can fix it Any ideas Its getting a IP address when it happens which im pretty sure means local to the router so im note sure any settings I should check Oh also i forgot to mention Every day my computer requires ipconfig /release, renew this happens on BOTH wireless and wired Both are set to obtain ip and dns automatically and worked up until a month ago Thanks for any info Edit Browsing around I saw that alot of threads where recommending sfc scannow mine always stops at here is the log have NO idea if it will help but w e in rar because too big for log type file

A:Every day my computer requires ipconfig /release, renew

Hi zocheyado,

Since the same issue occurs with the 'wired and wireless connection', it could be a 'corrupt firewall'. Please share the 'firewall' installed in the system. You may try to 'disable' the 'anti-virus / firewall' and see if that works.

Also check the performance of the internet in 'Safe Mode with Networking'.

In the mean while, you may also try to 'Reset IP' and 'Reset Winsock Catalogue'. You may find the following steps useful:
1. Click How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) to run the 'Microsoft Fixit' and 'Reset Internet Protocol'
2. If the issue persists, also try type the following command in an 'Elevated Command Prompt' window: 'netsh winsock reset catalog' (without quotations)

For an 'Elevated Command Prompt' check this link: Elevated Command Prompt

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272800-every-day-my-computer-requires-ipconfig-release-renew.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I have been getting random freezes ever since I installed windows 7 starter... I had no problems before when this PC was running windows 7 trial version. When it happens my PC becomes unresponsive and whatever audio is played is looped(at a certain frequency) which is very annoying.. The only thing that functions is the CD/DVD drive. I have been trying to search for solutions but whatever solution I try from people with the same problem as me doesnt work. Please help me I don't know much about computers..

Edit: Also I can't seem to recreate this freezing thing. but most of the time it happens when I'm playing games... Although it sometimes happens even when I'm just browsing.

PS: Sorry for my english, im not american btw haha

A:My computer randomly freezes requires manual restart...

AFAIK...Windows 7 Starter is an OEM version already installed in a system.

Please explain what you did when you "installed" it, where you obtained the Win Starter version from, etc.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558961/my-computer-randomly-freezes-requires-manual-restart/
Relevancy 47.3%

When I am on my computer usually about once a day my computer and screen will freeze, and I will need to hard restart my PC. I'm not getting a BSOD or anything.

PC Specs:
i7 2600k
GTX 680
8GB RAM
60GB SSD 1TB HDD
Corsair TX850M PSU

A:Screen and Computer Freezes Requires Hard Restart

Check your temp readings in Bios. Also clean your tower out with a can of compressed air. Also Check your Hard drive to see if it is failing.

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test.

If you can not find the right test for your hard drive your OEM computer may have it's own hard drive diagnostics testing tool. Refer to your OEM computer documentation to find out how to access these test. Also try going to the manufacture of your machine to find documentation about it. Also consider going to the manufacture of your hard drive to look to see if they have hard drive diagnostics test. The ideal test or method would include an ISO that could be burned via an image to a cd which would be made bootable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-and-computer-freezes-requires-hard-restart-654449.html
Relevancy 47.3%

UPDATE Problem sorted THANKS Hi guys I the to requires program reboot..." "Setup detected that computer has another m really glad I found this forum and hope you can help I was infected with AV Security Suite ran all the recommended programs such as GMER TDDS Killer rkill and malwarebytes and my PC seems to be clean now "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." When I ran Combofix I didn t manage to disable Avast so I decided to uninstall it On re-installing the program I repeatedly encountered the following prompt Setup has detected that another program setup requires the computer to reboot You must reboot the computer before installing avast Once the system reboots you need to restart setup If you decide to continue application may not work correctly Do you want to continue Yes NoOf course I said no each time and I m now wondering what that quot other program setup quot could be I disabled the Windows firewall "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." finished the Windows Update Manager all to no avail An Adobe Acrobat Reader Update icon that appears on my taskbar during startup seems kinda genuine when I move the cursor over it or right click it actually "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." says the name and I can close it so I doubt that s the problem but I m not sure Any idea what that other program setup that requires the computer to reboot could be On the web I found the following help for this problem quot Modifying the Windows Registry quot but I don t want to mess with the registry unless absolutely necessary even though I have done a back-up with ERUNT Method Modify the Windows Registry Click Start click Run type regedit and then click OK Locate and then click the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager In the right pane right-click PendingFileRenameOperations and then click Delete Would you recommend this action Many thanks in advance MichaelEDIT Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum Hamluis UPDATE Problem sorted THANKS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329237/setup-has-detected-that-another-program-requires-the-computer-to-reboot/
Relevancy 47.3%

once my computer shuts down it loses windows xp, it doesnt go past "welcome to windows xp" and i have to re-install wimdows xp afresh losing all my data in the process, what could be causing this?

A:My computer requires that I re-install windows xp everytime it shuts down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-requires-that-i-re-install-windows-xp-everytime-it-shuts-down.1089066/
Relevancy 47.3%

Umm hi I have NOOOO idea what is wrong with my computer So the basics windows HP y model Bought in May Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB requires Computer wrong? for no restore down, sometimes won't What's - shut reason Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN AB Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Yes my antivrus is only free avast and I have that Windows Security Essentials thingy My local internet provider said that d be all I would need since I don t do sketchy stuff with my computer And my dad is cheap and won t buy me good stuff The problem I thought that anytime I used my computer before the internet loaded on it and my two antivirus whatever programs started it would freeze and require a system restore What's wrong? - Computer won't shut down, sometimes requires restore for no reason But two days ago I started up Chrome after those things loaded and the computer froze anyway Anytime this happens I m forced to do a system restore I try to restart it like - times before I do a restore but then I just admit defeat and restore and even after that sometimes I have to restart a couple times before it starts working Only now my computer won t shut down I tried to shut it down and after minutes it wouldn t shut down and I just went to bed Woke up hours later I don t get enough sleep on weekdays crash on weekends and it STILL hadn t shut down I m really concerned about this because my family can t afford to get another computer if something happens to this There were years between the purchase of our last computer and this one I am literally the only person who uses this computer it s mine I don t use P P file sharing and I don t visit sketchy sites unless I accidentally go to a bad site while working on homework it happens lol So I immediately end my browser if that happens The only programs I have are League of Legends WoW iTunes legal editing programs legal office programs and the like I don t have any major additions to my computer since it s really only used for facebook homework minor gaming and online shopping Stuff like that Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Users Owner AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files x Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exe C Program Files x Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Spigot Search Settings SearchSettings exe C Program Files x Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Users Owner AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Owner AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Owner AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Owner AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Owner AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Owner AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Owner Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Pag... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-wrong-computer-wont-shut-down-sometimes-requires-restore-for-no-reason.1044789/
Relevancy 46.87%

As above really Trying to create a network to Prompted enter off password turning a password protected sharing after network for file sharing as have upgraded the server part of a Workgroup not a Domain from WinXP to Win and Prompted to enter a network password after turning off password protected sharing experienced problems ever since Ironically the problems haven t mainly been with sharing files between Win and WinXP systems but between Win systems I bought a new Win laptop and tried to connect it to the server but it hasn t had Read Write privileges over the files in the Win server Entering a username and password to gain access to the servers folders has not been a problem and as far as I know opening files such as documents has not been a problem either However when trying to save an edited document access is denied and if I try to open an executable file this is necessary for a node installation it prompts me for a network password Every combination possible of username and password from the systems including or SYSTEMNAME before the username has not worked I tried syncing the times which was apparently a previous problem but to no avail I am unable to access Local Security Policy as the server is running off Home Premium I have tried creating a new workgroup removing and changing passwords enabling guest access to the network through the Windows Resource Kit Command Shell creating identical users on both computers but nothing appears to have worked Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prompted-to-enter-a-network-password-after-turning-off-password-protected-sharing.1011577/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Guys This is a curious one I have three PCs two desktop and one laptop all running but password turned Network protection password, share off! requesting Windows Pro -bit Each system has a shared partition set up exactly the same which has sharing set for 'everyone' with 'full control' Password protected sharing is turned off on each system in quot Control Panel All Control Panel Items Network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings quot Each of the desktop systems can access each other's shared and also the laptop's shared partition The problem is when I try to use the laptop to access the shares on either of the desktop systems I get a pop-up requester asking for a username and password see below - the laptop is quot T quot and one of the desktops is quot A quot Any idea why this would be happening I've checked the settings on all systems sharing and network and can see not reason for the password prompt appearing Previously I was running Win Pro -bit on all three systems and never encountered this error Cheers Mike

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61689-network-share-requesting-password-but-password-protection-turned-off.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have been having an issue with my computer starting up When I turn it on in the morning it freezes at the Vista splash screen so I am forced to manually shut down the computer Then to multiple startup on normally requires and Computer start freezes boot-ups I turn it on again and it brings up the start windows normally or safe mode screen Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally I ve tried going on both options safe mode works without freezing and start windows Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally normally Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally doesn t because it loads until the splash screen and freezes again making me manually turn it off again The second time it freezes and I shut it down and turn it on again it brings up the start up repair screen I have to run the start up repair otherwise it will just keep freezing and I can t use the computer Once the repair ends it says that there are zero errors I am then able to start windows normally and this process only happens the very first time I try to turn the computer on that day I have tried to just keep the computer on I have tried to put it into sleep mode etc but the computer just ends up freezing again I have tried starting it without things like the mouse printer speakers etc plugged in only the keyboard plugged in but it still doesn t work I have also tried to uninstall recent software but that still doesn t work I have searched with my antivirus and no viruses were found This problem has been going on for over a week now I ve researched possibilities but have found nothing helpful If you know what could be causing this problem please let me know Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Lancaster Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-on-startup-and-requires-multiple-boot-ups-to-start-normally.1082024/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am not confidant that I posess the skills, vocabulary or knowledge needed to participate in this forum however this random shut down problem has become so regular that I require some assistance. Essentially it feels like every time I leave the computer unattended for more than an hour or two I return to find the black screen of death telling me my computer did not shut down properly. Attached is the SF Tools file you reference. - Have figured out how to use Event viewer - 17 Critical Event occurances involving Kernal-power (Event ID41 Task Category63) since 2012_06_02; 1xJune 02, 1xJune 06, 1xJun 18, 1xJun 23, 2xAug 08, 3xAug 10, 1xAug 11, then twice daily since the 12th.

I have no idea what any of this means PLEASE HELP!!

A:BSOD now occuring 3+ times daily - computer illiterature requires help

I'm not a BSOD expert and our experts are very busy handling a lot of crash problems. Until one shows up you could try running some basic things to see if they help. I'd start out with a system file checker scan. This scan will look for and attempt to replace incorrect, corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions of your system files with the correct versions if possible. Run the scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If problems are found run the scan 3 times rebooting in between each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

You could also check your hard drive to see if it has any issues like bad sectors (where things like your operating system, documents, etc reside.)

Disk Check

And don't overlook some common issues like an overheating computer. Make sure you have good ventilation around it, vents are free of dust, etc. A free utility called Speccy is available for download. It can provide real-time monitoring of temps for the hard drive, graphics card, and the processor. And don't forget to run a full security scan with your resident anti-malware. It wouldn't hurt to get a "second opinion" by running the free, and highly recommended, Malwarebytes.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Malwarebytes

And you could also go through this trobleshooting checklist prepared by one of the Forum experts. It's fairly time consuming but has helped many people isolate specific issues.

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/246699-bsod-now-occuring-3-times-daily-computer-illiterature-requires-help.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Originally I thought my issue was game or even driver specific but I ran into it again on a different game today so I figured I should ask on here So here goes My issue is that my computer will randomly freeze sometimes while playing games and its usually in locations that aren't really graphics intensive The three places it's happened so far are World of Warcraft multiple times several of those in the same area Arma only once and now Tom Clancy's The Division Open Beta twice in the same area I originally Computer - Hard Sound Requires Freezes Continues Reset - thought it was just an issue with World of Warcraft but then it happened on Arma and after a while it stopped happening altogether Just today I tried the Division Open Beta and it happened again I can still hear sound just Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset fine which in and of itself isnt that strange a sound file could be really long and just continue to play while the computer is frozen but I can still hear people talking over VOIP too however unlike other similar issues that I've read about I cannot interact with the program at all Clicking pushing buttons etc do not produce any new sounds and the people on VOIP cannot hear me talking to them I cannot alt-tab ctrl alt del or really do anything I have to hard reboot What drives me insane is that no errors show up in Event Viewer or even in WhoCrashed so I have no idea what is causing it I have an Antec W PSU so I dont think it's a lack of power I've read around and didnt see anything that helped and the few threads I saw that were similar didn't sound like my issue Here's what Ive tried -Updating graphics drivers clean installation-Ccleaner-Checking Event Viewer nothing shows up there were event logs for Nvlddmkm crashes but the critical crashes produce no events except loss of power to the kernel when I hard reset -Turning off power save in the Ethernet adapter options-Benchmarking drives via Defraggler both turned up GOOD -Ran mdsched with passes returned no issues -Rolling back graphics driversIm running a GTX with GB RAM on an i k bit Windows I think the CPU has been factory overclocked from GHz to GHz since I get an error message saying overclocking failed whenever I hard reboot my computer Ive read people suggesting a mobo issue but really I'd like to see if there's anything else it could be since Im not really in a position to replace my mobo right now I can post dxdiag and msinfo reports if needed Thanks for your help

A:Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset

I should note that turning all the settings down from High (auto-detected) to Medium kept me from crashing in that area, and turning down one of the settings on WoW has kept me from crashing since too, but why are graphics causing my whole computer to freeze? Especially on a GTX 770?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606010/computer-freezes-sound-continues-requires-hard-reset/
Relevancy 46.87%

After the last updates, my computer required a login password. I tried blank and then ran Live CD to find the password. It could not. I finally had to reformat and reinstall.

It worked great the rest of day. Then it updated and all of a sudden, the same problem is back.

Any Help????

Thanks!!!

A:After most recent windows 7 updates, computer requires a login passwor

Hi i would go back to a restore point before thr updates. and see if it requires a password if not then i would set a password then do the updates again then if your password works to log in then can change it back to not using a password.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/367323-after-most-recent-windows-7-updates-computer-requires-login-passwor.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I bought a Maxtor Ultra ATA internal hard drive, and want to install it as a backup drive in my HP m1170n. However, the m1170n requires an SATA hard drive. Is there a converter, adapter, etc. that I can buy to make the Ultra ATA compatible with the m1170n? Please provide specific model numbers for any suggestions, if possible. Also, please advise about how much it should cost and if it is easy to install. Many thanks.

Relevancy 46.87%

I'm unsure if this is a virus or some sort of problem with parts of my computer. My pc is locking up at random intervals and requires a hard reboot. I have ran a recent scan on mbam and it found a pup crossfire virus. I'm hoping the issue can be resolved easily instead of having to buy a new pc or new parts.

A:Computer locks up and requires hard reboot after random moments of use

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455332/computer-locks-up-and-requires-hard-reboot-after-random-moments-of-use/
Relevancy 46.44%

I've typed it multiple ways. Set up as a local account. No password reset disk. I haven't found any online help. Tried hitting F8 several times. Suggestions?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443085-got-new-computer-gave-password-created-hint-now-computer-says-my-password-not-good.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey there kinda new here Anyway Let's get down to business I don't know how to upload anything such as attachments otherwise I'd upload the PCHF results as Reboot Chrome Computer Requires Crashes/Stalls Hard - Google well as the MiniToolBox results Yet here's the speccy results http speccy piriform com results uxPbM rX Rufa ftyeSo So whenever I do anything open try to uninstall etc with google chrom my computer is fine for about three seconds then it stalls for about twenty seconds After this is -seems- fine yet really isn't Upon attempting ot do anything log off open the task manager etc the little spinning circle indicating it is loading pops up then it just outright freezes Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot from anywhere between two to five minutes After that the mouse can be moved the keyboard is not locked up as I can toggle caps lock num lock etc yet because everything else is still locked up I cannot do anything or see anything being typed if it is at all I have run multiple virus scans with Windows Security Essentials full scans I have run startup recovery I have attempted to system restore yet that failed each time My system is absolutely malware free and as of a month or so ago all of my drivers are up to date which I -think- may be part of my problem As I vaguely recall having a similar issue with chrome after updating my video drivers a Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot year or more ago I had to as I recall roll back my drivers to resolve the issue I am hoping I don't have to do that again and I have no idea if it will even solve the issue as I've successfully been using these drivers for well over a month now Once I know how to upload things I'll also upload my MiniToolBox and PCHF results Thanks in advance for your time if you need any additional information please feel free to ask D

A:Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot

Can I get some help?  I can't figure out how to upload attachments at all.  I've read your help topic here yet that doesn't help at all, it just tells me how to attach things however the buttons to do so are not at all available in the topic editor.  I've looked over the media library thing and can't upload it there I really have no idea how to include the files for viewing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490712/google-chrome-crashesstalls-computer-requires-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 46.01%

Starting a few days ago When ever i booted my PC after about 3-5 minutes on it would freeze. After hard reboot I would either get BSOD or the monitor wouldn't work. I've ran a full scan with both avast and malwarebytes and I'm not infected. I'm running memtest now, 6 passes and no errors.

Memtest finished 7 passes not 1 error.. restarted system was fine til earlier when i got home.. turned on PC and few mins in it froze again. had to hard reboot a few times didn't get any BSOD this time.

A:Computer freezes multiply times on start up, requires hard reboot

still need help :l

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239672-computer-freezes-multiply-times-start-up-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So recently I've been this problem with my computer. It's always at a random time, it doesn't necessarily seem to have a specific pattern, but it always seems to happen when I'm either playing a game, listening to music, or watching a video. It could be connected, or it could happen at random, I'm not sure. Basically the computer completely locks up, freezes entirely, and the sound loops/stutters on the last sound that was being played endlessly. It NEVER crashes, and I do not ever receive a BSOD. I have tested, waiting over 15 minutes for it to do anything, it simply sits there and remains locked up and frozen until I hard restart my computer.

I have absolutely no idea what's causing this, as I've never had an issue with my computer like this, especially something that doesn't produce atleast an error or BSOD of some kind, so it's rather puzzling.

A:Computer Freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter Requires Hard Restart

Hi and welcome to TSF please try either updating or reinstalling your sound and video drivers and let us know how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-with-audio-loop-stutter-requires-hard-restart-701862.html
Relevancy 45.58%

HI,
Can someone explain to me how you go about syncronising the Windows 98 password with a network password, for when dialling in remotely to access corporate Network

A:Syncronising windows Password with Network Password?

Are you referring to your win98 windows logon pass, like at system startup?
-Z

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/syncronising-windows-password-with-network-password.146813/
Relevancy 44.72%

i recently bought a windows 7 home premium tablet with the intent of using it as a portable media player. for some reason i cannot connect to my media server's shared drive. the server is running windows xp and share permissions are configured properly. but any time i try to open the share on the tablet i get a the network password is incorrect. the thing is that i can remote desktop into the server using the same username an password. so please for the love of god fix this because my sanity relies on it.

mike

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426992/urgent-cant-access-network-drive-incorrect-network-password/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all Not too good with computer issues but I have been reluctantly chosen as the household tech wizard lol Husband updated his laptop network password no enter no conn connection = ability to no = network to Windows several months ago So far it's been good and he likes it that is until this morning He opens the laptop no internet connection It shows our wifi network but won't connect He enters his password says he needs to enter password for that device Enter password from before Windows no good Enter password for micorstoft no good Using my laptop Windows to find fix Suggestions I've tried Troublshoot network connection by right clicking Right Click won't work nothing happens Maybe keyboard language is wrong no settings button available to look at keyboard properties Try connecting directly to router won't make connection We've rebooted the computer a couple of times to no avail Our phones are connected my laptop is connected our no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn chromecast is connected so we know it's not the router no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn There is something up with his laptop Playing ring around the rosey is not the best way to spend a Sunday morning no internet connection no ability to enter password not able to troubleshoot internet connection no internet connection no ability to enter password

A:no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn

Ok. Here goes...His phone worked, my phone did work then quit working, our Smart TV quit working. My laptop continued to be connected, etc. Reset modem, problem solved. OMG!!!!!! Weird that some devices worked while others didn't.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/40019-no-network-connection-no-ability-enter-password-no-network-conn.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My network contains:
10 PCs and laptops running (Windows7 & Windows8).
2 network printers
1 Network Drive (WD Mybook Live Duo)
Workgroup environment

Here everything is fine. But one of the windows 8 laptop cannot access network folder. It prompt username and password. whenever I am trying the username and password it says login failure. But the same username and password works for all other machines. I tried disable firewall, another windows profile etc.

A:Cannot connect to Network drive. (Enter network password)

Quote: Originally Posted by rashidkeezhal

My network contains:
10 PCs and laptops running (Windows7 & Windows8).
2 network printers
1 Network Drive (WD Mybook Live Duo)
Workgroup environment

Here everything is fine. But one of the windows 8 laptop cannot access network folder. It prompt username and password. whenever I am trying the username and password it says login failure. But the same username and password works for all other machines. I tried disable firewall, another windows profile etc.

From what I have read the WD Mybook has problems with certain Windows 8 machines.

There is a long thread about this at the WD forums, maybe you should read through it and see if the latest firmware has fixed this bug.

MyBook Live And Windows 8 - WD Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301752-cannot-connect-network-drive-enter-network-password.html
Relevancy 41.71%

How can you reset your password without a password recovery disc?

A:Can you reset your computer password without a password reco...

@Gigi1984? Power-on password or Windows login password??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Can-you-reset-your-computer-password-without-a-password/td-p/5694488
Relevancy 39.56%

I work at a school and had to take apart the IT suite for the new pc's to be fitted(36 DELL computers),all the old pc's have been put in classrooms.The problem is this:

When the old pcs were hooked to the network you had to enter username and password before they would log in to windows/network.they was taken off the network and a new server set up.now when you start one of the old pcs,you get promted for username and pass word but because its not on the network you cant login,and you cant login to the network.(hope you understand that).

The IT guy at work just cant work out what to do.Any ideas?

A:Network password

Sounds like the old PCs were setup on a domain controller. If so, usernames and passwords are validated on the DC, not the local box.
BUT, when the user/pass box pops up, do you have 3 boxes? One for user, one for pass and a 3rd for what you are logging in to. The 3rd box should be changed to the name of the local PC itself, sometimes just called local. And a user/pass should be used of an account that is stored ON the local box, not on the DC. Such as "administrator", the default XP admin account.

If, per chance, the person who set it up originally, removed all local accounts, you may be in trouble. Though Windows usually caches domain user/pass for like 10 days. If it's been longer then that, you can't log in when not connected to the DC.

But before getting to deep in it, can you log on to the local PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-password.37599/